Pages : [1] 2

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 02:17 AM
Thread #1: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66592

Thread #2: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66725

Please continue here...

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 02:22 AM
The other thread was getting too long. This case looks like it might take awhile to work through and if we keep the threads shorter, it is much easier to go back to find reference material later. :)

Amster
07-01-2008, 02:24 AM
The other thread was getting too long. This case looks like it might take awhile to work through and if we keep the threads shorter, it is much easier to go back to find reference material later. :)

Thanks!

Doesn't TSG usually put affidavits and such on their site?

Carrington
07-01-2008, 02:25 AM
Thanks SS
Your right, this looks like a year in the making.
IMO

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 02:26 AM
Maybe. I really wish we had one to read, but I think it is going to depend on who is willing to put all those details out there. We are dealing with a minor child in a sexual abuse situation.

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Cases take time and lots of space here. It looks like it is possible it could turn into a case with several players involved and this means it will be difficult to keep tabs on every detail as we go along. Yes, it could take up to a year easily. It will depend on many factors. This one is still only a week old and look at the twists so far.

:) You are welcome, Carrington.

Amster
07-01-2008, 02:42 AM
Reading elsewhere, there is divorce records for Michael Jacques and Mona Jacques. I wonder if it's the same MJ?

Busylady
07-01-2008, 02:49 AM
Could possibly be - the divorce was in 8/1992 and Michael S Jacques was 26 at the time of the divorce per the records, so him being 42 now would fit.

Reading elsewhere, there is divorce records for Michael Jacques and Mona Jacques. I wonder if it's the same MJ?

MCDRAW
07-01-2008, 06:43 AM
Just to let some people know about the family dynamics with a sex offender. There is one on my H's side. We would never allow our children around him. This caused many fights with his family. You see his family thinks he is innocent. (The uncle's daughter accused him, no conviction). They don't believe that he would ever do anything of the sort. I told my husband that is part of the sickness, IMO. We also had a RSO that lived in our neighborhood. My friend allowed her children around him all the time. I would fuss at her and she told me one day that she didn't think he was guilty. I told her that is what he wants you to think...that is how he lures his victims. So I have no doubt the Bennett family knew but they either believed he was innocent or he was cured.

Pandora
07-01-2008, 07:45 AM
Just to let some people know about the family dynamics with a sex offender. There is one on my H's side. We would never allow our children around him. This caused many fights with his family. You see his family thinks he is innocent. (The uncle's daughter accused him, no conviction). They don't believe that he would ever do anything of the sort. I told my husband that is part of the sickness, IMO. . . . So I have no doubt the Bennett family knew but they either believed he was innocent or he was cured.

As someone who also has a sex offender in the family (great-uncle; never convicted though repeatedly accused), I totally agree with what you've said! For whatever reason, the family believes that THREE different girls in the family lied! My heart goes out to Brooke, wherever she is.

Claycat
07-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Here is a relatively new video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxbJ0ah5XGc

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Father of missing girl speaks 4:25
Nancy Grace speaks to father of a missing 12-year-old Vermont girl. Police call her uncle a "person of interest."

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/crime/2008/07/01/ng.missing.girl.father.cnn

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 08:31 AM
AR may not have met the supposed other men in person. The other men could have been something MJ cooked up.

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080701/NEWS01/807010374

(snips)
Jacques allegedly forced the girl to perform sexual acts weekly over the course of several years. She said the acts, which ended only a few weeks ago, were intended to improve her rating in the "Breckenridge program." She said she received phone calls and electronic messages from figures inside the program detailing which acts she was to perform on Jacques.

Baker also said police are investigating whether the program is an actual sex ring, or a ploy created by Jacques to intimidate the girl into having sex.

Police have since raised doubts that such a rendezvous was planned and have been focusing their investigation on contacts the girl is believed to have made through the MySpace social networking Web site.

Police would not say Monday whether Jacques was the source of that story.

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Video from Greta:

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=1919070&referralPlaylistId=949437d0db05ed5f5b9954dc049d70b 0c12f2749

Taximom
07-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Oh, I just heard from that video that the uncle found her clothes. :mad: Man, LE had to have a clue at that point, don't you think? I'd love to see their timeline of this investigation.

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 08:55 AM
AT 54 seconds on the countdown clock on the above linked Greta video, Brooke's dad says that MJ lives 7-8 miles maybe not that far from the store. That is about how far away Brookfield is and where the clothing was found. Sounds like he really did live in Brookfield and not Randolph.

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Oh, I just heard from that video that the uncle found her clothes. :mad: Man, LE had to have a clue at that point, don't you think? I'd love to see their timeline of this investigation.

That is the writing on the wall right there isn't it? We can have hope she is off with one of the sicko pervs of the group. But it doesn't sound like there was anyone but MJ in that group, that there was no child sex ring and where would a girl go without her shoes?

Amster
07-01-2008, 09:04 AM

At the time, the reports just said a relative found Brookes things near the uncles house. I wondered then why there was a search near the uncles house? The report I remember said a relative found the items in the early morning hours.

bdmama
07-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Ok, I am the poster from the in session boards that lives in Randolph and is aware of the families involved in this mess. I have been banned from IS because the Admin is on some power trip and didnt like what I had to say....So, that being said, I am JUST tuning today as I was away from TV & internet last night and I cannot beleive the twists this case has taken. The grandmother is not the one who first reported BB missing, a family friend did, then LE called back and spoke w/ the grandmother. The family friend is a woman that I know personally and heard this info directly from her, she insisted that they report her missing as it looked like the mom & grandma really werent concerned yet even thoiugh it had been 12 HOURS since they spoke to her last!!!. According to the friend, she actualy spoke w/ Jacques and he had access to BB Myspace passwords and log in names. He made her give it to him if she was going to be using his computer. Jacques is also the one that found her belongings at the Floating Bridge (not confirmed, but according to friend). The incident back in 93 is not the only involving him, he has had other charges but dont think he was ever convicted. This came from my daycare provider who used to babysit for him & his wife years ago.

Taximom
07-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Welcome, bdmama. It's a different world over here compared to IS. :D If what you say is true, I can see why Jacques got away with so much in that family. :mad:

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 09:14 AM
bdmama, welcome to WS! It's hard for me to understand why the family had their heads in the sand regarding this guy. Regarding the 1993 charges being only part of what he's guilty of...that is so typical. Because criminals are allowed to plead down, what ends up on paper is not as bad as what the original crime is.

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 09:15 AM
bdmama, can you elaborate as to why Brooke's mom wants the family dynamics to be kept secret?

swanniee11
07-01-2008, 09:17 AM
This is an old interview, reason i'm posting is in the beginning the father said the story about meeting a friend he said "doesnt make any sense, nobody knows who this was, no names, nobody knows about this friend. This sounds like this may have come from the Uncle.? I'm I hearing this wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBpBSTC7yOA&NR=1

Amster
07-01-2008, 09:21 AM
bdmama!!!

Welcome!

Does anyone know if the conviction MJ went to prison for involved a child?

swanniee11
07-01-2008, 09:26 AM
I could be wrong but while listening to the presser one of the reporters asked if MJ was the relative who found the belongings and the LE said yes.

Taximom
07-01-2008, 09:28 AM
At the time, the reports just said a relative found Brookes things near the uncles house. I wondered then why there was a search near the uncles house? The report I remember said a relative found the items in the early morning hours.

Is that when they started looking closer to his house? Interesting. I wondered how a relative could find anything when nobody really had a clue which direction she went.

Taximom
07-01-2008, 09:30 AM
I could be wrong but while listening to the presser one of the reporters asked if MJ was the relative who found the belongings and the LE said yes.

I didn't see the press conference, but that would validate what the reporter said in the video SuziQ linked above in comment #14.

Maybe Jacques was hoping to explain away his dna being on them?

Class-z
AT 54 seconds on the countdown clock on the above linked Greta video, Brooke's dad says that MJ lives 7-8 miles maybe not that far from the store. That is about how far away Brookfield is and where the clothing was found. Sounds like he really did live in Brookfield and not Randolph.

Sorry, cant' catch up from yesterday. So are we saying that Brooke is actually MJ's victim and that she had gone to authorities and finally reported the abuse?

Then I would say he got rid of her so she coulnd't testify, because he would be facing life this time around.

concernedperson
Ok, I am the poster from the in session boards that lives in Randolph and is aware of the families involved in this mess. I have been banned from IS because the Admin is on some power trip and didnt like what I had to say....So, that being said, I am JUST tuning today as I was away from TV & internet last night and I cannot beleive the twists this case has taken. The grandmother is not the one who first reported BB missing, a family friend did, then LE called back and spoke w/ the grandmother. The family friend is a woman that I know personally and heard this info directly from her, she insisted that they report her missing as it looked like the mom & grandma really werent concerned yet even thoiugh it had been 12 HOURS since they spoke to her last!!!. According to the friend, she actualy spoke w/ Jacques and he had access to BB Myspace passwords and log in names. He made her give it to him if she was going to be using his computer. Jacques is also the one that found her belongings at the Floating Bridge (not confirmed, but according to friend). The incident back in 93 is not the only involving him, he has had other charges but dont think he was ever convicted. This came from my daycare provider who used to babysit for him & his wife years ago.

Welcome bdmama. Thank you for your post as it helps a lot. What could possibly be the reasoning that the mom and grandmother were so reticent about reporting Brooke missing? Had she been gone on other occasions without their knowledge for periods of time?

evelyn24
07-01-2008, 09:35 AM

:clap: Glad you are here!! Welcome.

You are the first person over at the other place who told everyone about the uncle being a RSO!!!

Amster
07-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Things I'd like to know....

Was "Rice" ever Denises' last name?
How many children does Cassandra have?
Who lived in the house with creepy uncle?

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Sorry, cant' catch up from yesterday. So are we saying that Brooke is actually MJ's victim and that she had gone to authorities and finally reported the abuse?

Then I would say he got rid of her so she coulnd't testify, because he would be facing life this time around.

There is alot to catch up on! No, the current victim has the initials A.R., is a relative of MJ (I'm thinking step-daughter) and she either came forward after BB went missing or police located her through their investigation. LE is not saying at this time whether Brooke is also a victim of MJ.

Amster
07-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Once again, I'm having trouble linking....sigh. Jim Bennett, Cassandra and Savannah Andress were on CBS this morning. At the CBS Morning Show site there is a video.

swanniee11
07-01-2008, 09:59 AM
here it is

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/07/01/national/main4222215.shtml

Busylady
07-01-2008, 10:00 AM
So far on children for Cassandra have come up with the following
Savanna A. 10/12/1989
Dennis A. 12/12/1992
Brooke Bennet 7/12/1995

jnodrog
07-01-2008, 10:00 AM

My sources say she was married to a RICE and they had a daughter, (REDACTED>) who would now be about 14-15 yrs old. This would be a step daughter to MJ. This doesnt look good. Then there is a youger daughter that is his that would be around 7-8 yrs old.

Allen

Amster
07-01-2008, 10:01 AM
In the article on CBS, it says Brooke told family members about going to meet a friend, hosp. visit, etc. Wonder if that's true? I thought creepy uncle made it up.

Also, his atty. says the evidence against his creepy client is "sparse".....(he didn't really call him "creepy client")

jnodrog
07-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Savanna A. 10/12/1989
Dennis A. 12/12/1992
Brooke Bennet 7/12/1995
Is it me or doesnt it say MJ sex offender page that his case was July 12 ???

wierd or what.

Amster
07-01-2008, 10:02 AM
here it is

Thanks!

Amster
07-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Savanna A. 10/12/1989
Dennis A. 12/12/1992
Brooke Bennet 7/12/1995

Thank you very much!

Amster
07-01-2008, 10:04 AM
My sources say she was married to a RICE and they had a daughter, (<REDACTED>) who would now be about 14-15 yrs old. This would be a step daughter to MJ. This doesnt look good. Then there is a youger daughter that is his that would be around 7-8 yrs old.

Allen

ugh....that's what I was afraid of.

Busylady
07-01-2008, 10:06 AM
<REDACTED> born October 1993. The records show Denise maiden name to be Woodard. I am having a hard time figuring out how Denise and Cassandra can be sisters. Cassandra maiden name Adams.

My sources say she was married to a RICE and they had a daughter, (<REDACTED>) who would now be about 14-15 yrs old. This would be a step daughter to MJ. This doesnt look good. Then there is a youger daughter that is his that would be around 7-8 yrs old.

Allen

concernedperson
07-01-2008, 10:07 AM
<REDACTED> born October 1993. The records show Denise maiden name to be Woodward. I am having a hard time figuring out how Denise and Cassandra can be sisters. Cassandra maiden name Adams.

Could be a blended family. Half sisters possibly.

jnodrog
07-01-2008, 10:09 AM
<REDACTED> born October 1993. The records show Denise maiden name to be Woodward. I am having a hard time figuring out how Denise and Cassandra can be sisters. Cassandra maiden name Adams.
Not sure if this is any help but another name that was mentioned had to do with the name GREENWOOD, like the tractor store in east randolph called L.W. GREENWOOD

Allen

Amster
07-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Not sure if this is any help but another name that was mentioned had to do with the name GREENWOOD, like the tractor store in east randolph called L.W. GREENWOOD

Allen

We need a spread sheet.....

swanniee11
07-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Does anyone remember the town of the hospital she was going to? I'm thinking (hopeing) MJ may have slipped up and gave away the town she may be in since he was the one who found the clothes as well.

swanniee11
07-01-2008, 10:14 AM
We need a spread sheet.....

Lol, yeah we do!

FourWands
07-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Does anyone remember the town of the hospital she was going to? I'm thinking (hopeing) MJ may have slipped up and gave away the town she may be in since he was the one who found the clothes as well.

Lebanon, NH. It's where MJ works...

swanniee11
07-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Lebanon, NH. It's where MJ works...

I just went back and looked thanks. The hospital is in Lebanon N. H. he works in W. Lebanon N. H. so he is familiar with the area.

Amster
07-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Did anyone hear Fox News report that A.R. was the cousin in the car that morning?

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 10:26 AM
http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080701/NEWS01/807010374

(snip)
The investigation initially centered in Brookfield, where items of clothing belonging to Brooke Bennett were found near the side of Route 65 Thursday. Police confirmed Monday that it was Jacques who discovered the clothes.

brighidin
07-01-2008, 10:28 AM
here it is

Thanks for posting that. I felt so bad for her sister.

bdmama

Quote:

This is a family that has had many divorces, re-marriages etc...

<REDACTED> and her sister are the ones that my daycare provider used to watch, I THINK the other girls name is Amber?? Not sure how old she is though..

Brooks Aunt
Hello everyone i have been watching for a couple of days and decided to join in. Thank you everyone for your concern about our little brooke.

CarpeDiem
07-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Hello everyone i have been watching for a couple of days and decided to join in. Thank you everyone for your concern about our little brooke.

I so hope she comes home safe and soon.

christine2448
07-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Welcome to WS Brooks Aunt. I am sincerely sorry for the circumstances that have brought you here.

I hope you understand that we are sleuthing here and in investigations a lot of things are said and just about everyone is suspect. We do have a separate area for support if you are or get uncomfortable reading here, I'd be happy to set up a thread for support for you/family. You are of course welcome to read and participate on this thread....we only want to help and not offend family in anyway. Just wanted you to know that we are here for you and that option was there.

FourWands
07-01-2008, 10:36 AM
http://timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080701/NEWS/879828529

State police make second unrelated arrest in Bennett case
10:29 a.m.
July 1, 2008

ROYALTON, Vt. (AP) _ (AP) — Vermont State Police make second unrelated arrest due to investigation into missing girl. .

Brooks Aunt
07-01-2008, 10:37 AM
I know what the site is about everyone is entitled to their own opinion i just thought i would be able to shed some light or just talk.

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 10:38 AM
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080701/NEWS02/80701012

The Vermont State Police have arrested Ray A. Gagnon, 40, of San Antonio, Texas for Aggravated Sexual Assault on a minor. This arrest is in connection with the aggravated sexual assault arrest of Michael Jacques, and the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Brooke Bennett. Jacques was arrested on Sunday.

The arrest of Gagnon is not the result of Gagnon sexually assaulting Brooke Bennett, this arrest is a result of Gagnon sexually assaulting another minor in the Royalton during the summer of 2007. The details that lead to Gagnon’s arrest were uncovered by investigators assigned to investigate the disappearance of Bennett.

FourWands
07-01-2008, 10:39 AM
10:30 A.M. - From a Vermont State Police press release:

The Vermont State Police have arrested Ray A. Gagnon, 40, of San Antonio, Texas for Aggravated Sexual Assault on a minor. This arrest is in connection with the aggravated sexual assault arrest of Michael Jacques, and the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Brooke Bennett. Jacques was arrested on Sunday.

The arrest of Gagnon is not the result of Gagnon sexually assaulting Brooke Bennett, this arrest is a result of Gagnon sexually assaulting another minor in the Royalton during the summer of 2007. The details that lead to Gagnon’s arrest were uncovered by investigators assigned to investigate the disappearance of Bennett.
Gagnon was jailed at the Southern State Correctional Facility in Springfield for lack of $250,000 bail. Gagnon is scheduled to appear in Windsor County District Court in White River Junction, Vermont today at 1 p.m. to answer to the charge of Aggravated Sexual Assault.

The crime of Aggravated Sexual Assault carries a sentence of ten years-to-life in prison and a fine of $50,000.

christine2448
07-01-2008, 10:40 AM
I know what the site is about everyone is entitled to their own opinion i just thought i would be able to shed some light or just talk.

In reponse to my post? I am trying to welcome you and see that you are OK and comfy. :blowkiss:

We most definitely want you here!!!

Please, shed some light! :D

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 10:40 AM
ETA: the name Gagnon came up for me and some other sleuthers Sunday. I'm pretty sure we'll hear about the third one shortly.

ETA: Haven't been able to get confirmation on names so I haven't posted publicly.

christine2448
07-01-2008, 10:42 AM
ETA: I can't at this time elaborate further though.

So, why even mention it at all?

bdmama
Cassie's Husband!!!!! Brookes Aunt, am I correct??

CarpeDiem

You keep your head on straight, she's going to need all of you when she gets home. I hope you all have been able to come together, shield your little one's somewhat from this. It's obvious how much Brooke was loved, to get the word out and get the attention for her like you all did, you moved mountains.

MrsMush99
07-01-2008, 10:43 AM
I apologize in advance if this was posted already, but police have made a second arrest in this case.

Busylady
Is Ray Gagnon = Raymond Gagnon - Cassandras husband?

concernedperson
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080701/NEWS02/80701012

The article doesn't say he was extradicted from Texas so he must had been in the area.

SuziQ
So, why even mention it at all?

Just wanted to give a heads up that there is possibly more arrests that are out there. But I'll delete my post if you would like.

MrsMush99
07-01-2008, 10:44 AM
I see it was posted already, I apologize. The pages are going so fast it's hard to keep up.

Rino
07-01-2008, 10:45 AM
I miss the miss-understanding :) We are all here to help, and pray with you :blowkiss:

christine2448
07-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Just wanted to give a heads up that there is possibly more arrests that are out there. But I'll delete my post if you would like.

It was the 'can't elaborate further'.....I took it as, we know but we can't tell...so I was just saying, why even mention it. ...maybe I just read it wrong. No worries. I made my point ;)

bdmama
07-01-2008, 10:47 AM
He had been in Texas for awhile and had just come back from what I understand

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 10:48 AM
It was the 'can't elaborate further'.....I took it as, we know but we can't tell...so I was just saying, why even mention it. OT...maybe I just read it wrong. No worries. I made my point ;)

Actually I mis worded my post. It's more of not being able to get confirmation on names. Until that happens I don't want to post it publicly. And on one name it could be wrong. I would share if I knew for sure the info is correct!

christine2448
07-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Actually I mis worded my post. It's more of not being able to get confirmation on names. Until that happens I don't want to post it publicly. And on one name it could be wrong. I would share if I knew for sure the info is correct!

gotcha gotcha :blowkiss: TY for getting what I meant.

I understand those that work close on these cases sometimes get info we just can't always post or share right away.....I like when that happens if we just hush until it can be shared.. it can get frustrating to those who really want to know, but we just can't, don't mention if you can't share.........to clarify to those who are lost about what SQ and I are discusssing...OK, back to the case! :D

jnodrog
07-01-2008, 10:51 AM
It appears as though this group of MJ may all be related to each other some how?? through marriage etc... ????

Hopefully Brooke is hidden somewhere safe.

Allen

Busylady
07-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Another twist in the case of missing 12-year-old Brooke Bennett. Police have arrested her stepfather on charges he sexually assaulted a minor. They say the arrest of Ray Gagnon, 40, of San Antonio, Texas, comes in connection with child sex charges filed yesterday against Brooke's uncle, Michael Jacques, 42.
According to Brooke's father, James Bennett, Brooke lived with Ray Gagnon for six years in Alabama before he moved to Texas.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=8584106

jnodrog
07-01-2008, 10:52 AM
The Texas thing worries me somewhat, maybe Brooke actually was telling some info on her page when it said cant wait to go to Texas.....

Allen

evelyn24
07-01-2008, 10:53 AM
He had been in Texas for awhile and had just come back from what I understand

Thanks for all your info.

PS.

Welcome Brook's Aunt!

evelyn24
07-01-2008, 10:55 AM
What the....is going on in that family?
Brooke's uncle, now her stepdad?
Sheesh.
Of course nobody has been convicted yet, but still.

CarpeDiem
07-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Another twist in the case of missing 12-year-old Brooke Bennett. Police have arrested her stepfather on charges he sexually assaulted a minor. They say the arrest of Ray Gagnon, 40, of San Antonio, Texas, comes in connection with child sex charges filed yesterday against Brooke's uncle, Michael Jacques, 42.
According to Brooke's father, James Bennett, Brooke lived with Ray Gagnon for six years in Alabama before he moved to Texas.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=8584106

Now we know why police/the Mom didn't want family dynamics and relationships talked about in the press conference yesterday. :(

MrsMush99
07-01-2008, 10:57 AM
What I am curious about is her MOTHER. Did she not know that there were 2 sex offenders in her midst?

Brooks Aunt
07-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Alot of this information coming out is all new to the family on the fathers side at least.

jnodrog
07-01-2008, 10:58 AM
I just noticed that Savanahs myspace has http://www.myspace.com/BamaBabay07 in it. whats up with that??

Allen

MrsMush99
Brooke's father I'm sure had no clue what was going on. Poor guy. My heart just breaks for him. Finding out all this information has to be making him crazy.

Class-z
Now we know why police/the Mom didn't want family dynamics and relationships talked about in the press conference yesterday. :(

I'm sorry, but why is she so worried about family dynamics? She doesn't want all her mariiages discussed? Isn't it more important to get her daughter back? Makes me wonder what she's hiding. Gheeeeeeeeesh!

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 10:59 AM
http://www.dps.state.vt.us/vtsp/press/press_070108a_royalton.html

(snip)
The Vermont State Police continue to search the Jacques’ property in Randolph, VT. This search is covering an extensive area. The New England K-9 team is assisting in the search.
Investigators are continuing to following up on leads.
We’re in the process of determining whether a press conference will be held later this afternoon. If a press conference is called, Sgt. Tara Thomas will issue a press advisory via e-mail.

MrsMush99
07-01-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm sorry, but why is she so worried about family dynamics? She doesn't want all her mariiages discussed? Isn't it more important to get her daughter back? Makes me wonder what she's hiding. Gheeeeeeeeesh!

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if she's the next one arrested. Isn't more important to find your daughter then to worry about family dynamics getting out??:furious:

CarpeDiem
07-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Alot of this information coming out is all new to the family on the fathers side at least.

I don't doubt it is. He was in the same situation as so many divorced parents, struggling just to see and maintain any kind of relationship with their kids. My heart goes out to him and all of you.

brighidin
What I am curious about is her MOTHER. Did she not know that there were 2 sex offenders in her midst?

Maybe that's why she asked the police not to discuss family relations. Ugh. This makes me sick.

DM5632

Hi Brooks Aunt, God Bless you all, I am so sorry this is happening for Brooke, I am glad it is starting to crack open, sexual abuse situations always take place in alot of secrecy, it is common that your side of the family would not have known, do you think that Wayne Gagnon was here to take Brooke to Texas? .

jnodrog
07-01-2008, 11:04 AM
The myspace posted by Busylady earlier in thread 1 http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=40183906

Is from Texas i think someone is controlling all these pages, or was with these arrests see if the page changes stop.

Allen

Brooks Aunt
07-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Im not sure why he was here. Im hoping that information will come out soon.

DM5632
07-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Maybe that's why she asked the police not to discuss family relations. Ugh. This makes me sick.

It is common too that Brooke's Mom and Aunt may not have known. Perpetrators spin a web of lies and deceit to carry out their acts.

DM5632
07-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Im not sure why he was here. Im hoping that information will come out soon.

I hope so too and I pray that Brooke is alive. My heart is with all of you.

Brooks Aunt
07-01-2008, 11:08 AM
We are only given little information. Thats why im here you all seem to get information a little bit faster that ive been able to relay to her father and stepmom.

DM5632
07-01-2008, 11:10 AM
We are only given little information. Thats why im here you all seem to get information a little bit faster that ive been able to relay to her father and stepmom.

That's good, and it is why I turn to Websleuths as well.Everyone here will do all that they can to help you find Brooke.

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 11:11 AM
I can see this case has just gotten increasingly more complicated. SuziQ~ We have our answer as to why the mother wouldn't want the family in the news, don't we?!

brighidin
07-01-2008, 11:11 AM
It is common too that Brooke's Mom and Aunt may not have known. Perpetrators spin a web of lies and deceit to carry out their acts.
I'm well aware of how sexual predators work. I gave my opinion on this specific circumstance where a person is asking the police not to discuss family relations and in short order, a brother in law and husband are arrested. Maybe its coincidence and she had no idea. I think not and I'm certainly not the only one with that opinion.

DM5632
07-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Can you tell us for how long was Wayne Gagnon in Brooke's life? Do you know if he is originally from Texas? Or did he move there from Randolph?

bdmama
07-01-2008, 11:14 AM
I think the mother was fully aware of what was going in her family.

DM5632
07-01-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm well aware of how sexual predators work. I gave my opinion on this specific circumstance where a person is asking the police not to discuss family relations and in short order, a brother in law and husband are arrested. Maybe its coincidence and she had no idea. I think not and I'm certainly not the only one with that opinion.

You know that they also emotionally intimidate and coerce everyone around them though, that they fear may realize what they are doing. Especially women.

evelyn24
07-01-2008, 11:17 AM

She married one, and so did her sister.
Now that is very interesting.
I wonder about this entire group.

Chica
07-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Can you tell us for how long was Wayne Gagnon in Brooke's life? Do you know if he is originally from Texas? Or did he move there from Randolph?

I believe the current reports state that it is Ray A. Gagnon, and Brooke's dad said she lived with him for 6 years in Alabama before he and Brooke's mom were divorced in 2006.

fran
07-01-2008, 11:18 AM
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/northeast/view/2008_07_01_Second_man_arrested_in_connection_with_ Vt__sex_investigation/

...............snip................

Gagnon is due in court at 1 p.m. in Vermont District Court in White River Junction

DM5632
07-01-2008, 11:20 AM
I believe the current reports state that it is Ray A. Gagnon, and Brooke's dad said she lived with him for 6 years in Alabama before he and Brooke's mom were divorced in 2006.

Thank you Chica, and Fran (in post below) thank you as well for the info.

evelyn24
07-01-2008, 11:20 AM

It's hard for me to fathom Brooke's mom and her aunt (mom sister) didn't know about the uncle's record, when someone from that area (bdmama) let people know he was a rso two days before he was arrested.

Bdmama, didn't you say people around the uncle at work knew??

Class-z
07-01-2008, 11:21 AM

I totally agree and they are very good at what they do, however if I were her mother I wouldn't care what came out if it would help find my daughter. If you believe someone to be innocent than it shouldn't hurt to tell all

Busylady
I believe this was discounted later as not being a page of Brookes.

The myspace posted by Busylady earlier in thread 1 http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=40183906

Is from Texas i think someone is controlling all these pages, or was with these arrests see if the page changes stop.

Allen

DM5632
I think the mother was fully aware of what was going in her family.

bdmama, thank you for joining -- can you say why you think that?

brighidin
07-01-2008, 11:22 AM
You know that they also emotionally intimidate and coerce everyone around them though, that they fear may realize what they are doing. Especially women.

I'm not the only one who said it. In the last, oh 5 minutes, two other posters have stated the same thing I have. You don't think she had a clue; I'm not sure. I just think its very odd that she specifically asked the police not to discuss that when she should have been 1000% focused on finding her daughter regardless of family dynamics.

I'm not arguing with you as I don't believe there is anything to argue. Early on, people commented that the uncle raised their suspicions. They were right. So we will see how this turns out.

All I know is that we all want Brooke found and whoever harmed her and these other girls brought to justice.

DM5632
07-01-2008, 11:26 AM
I totally agree and they are very good at what they do, however if I were her mother I wouldn't care what came out if it would help find my daughter. If you believe someone to be innocent than it shouldn't hurt to tell all

It is sexual violence that has happened to Brooke and her cousin and any other girls - the women the men live with or are married to or sleep with also suffer at the perpetrator's hands. They are emotionally locked into fear and denial to NOT know, or NOT be fully aware, themselves. Denial is a very powerful thing and ALWAYS occurs for those close to the situation in sexual violence situations. These are very dangerous men.

DM5632
07-01-2008, 11:28 AM
All I know is that we all want Brooke found and whoever harmed her and these other girls brought to justice.

Amen, brighidin. Anyone know how the name of Greenwood was tied in some posts back? Is he a person who is involved too?

Brooks Aunt
07-01-2008, 11:28 AM
I would like to clear this up for you. The mother and aunt did know that he was a rso.

evelyn24
07-01-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm not the only one who said it. In the last, oh 5 minutes, two other posters have stated the same thing I have. You don't think she had a clue; I'm not sure. I just think its very odd that she specifically asked the police not to discuss that when she should have been 1000% focused on finding her daughter regardless of family dynamics.

I'm not arguing with you as I don't believe there is anything to argue. Early on, people commented that the uncle raised their suspicions. They were right. So we will see how this turns out.

There is a link around here somewhere in which Brooke's dad admits to knowing about the uncle's past and how it was an issue with the mom. Something like that.

jnodrog
Amen, brighidin. Anyone know how the name of Greenwood was tied in some posts back? Is he a person who is involved too?
That was a name that was mentioned to me when i was told that MJs step daughter was <REDACTED>. wasnt sure if it meant anything.

Allen

CarpeDiem

The step-father hadn't been arrested yet when that was said, perhaps they were looking for him (and are still looking for other's), per comments made about more arrests to come. As long as she is talking to and sharing everything with law enforcement, she doesn't need to talk to the public about all of it, especially as she has other children.

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 11:33 AM
I believe this was discounted later as not being a page of Brookes.You know, Busy...Allen might be onto something there. I think what he is saying is that the page could have been set up as an itimidation for Brooke by someone in Texas. While we know it is not her site per se...we don't know that it isn't related. It is very coincidental and worth keeping an eye on, at least.

MrsMush99
I would like to clear this up for you. The mother and aunt did know that he was a rso.

Did the mother know that her husband was a RSO or just the sister's husband??

DM5632

I'm sure they did know he was RSO. Do you think that they knew that he was still actively perpetrating though? I knew a family where all 5 kids were being perpetrated by the father, and although the mother became aware at times, she would go back into not being able to be aware of it, in order to survive in the situation -- for most of their lives. She was never able to protect them. She was made emotionally unwell by living with a sex offender That is what I meant, is what often happens. I am SO very sorry this has happened for Brooke and her cousin.

angelmom

Thanks. My heart goes out to you and your family. I assume that you are related on Brook's father's side?

Is it Brook or Brooke?

DM5632
07-01-2008, 11:34 AM
You know, Busy...Allen might be onto something there. I think what he is saying is that the page could have been set up as an itimidation for Brooke by someone in Texas. While we know it is not her site per se...we don't know that it isn't related. It is very coincidental and worth keeping an eye on, at least.

I agree that the myspace pages seem controlled by someone else as Allen said.

fran
07-01-2008, 11:34 AM
question:

So, is the uncle's house located on the road or on the way to White River Junction where the second suspect in the 'non' Brooke case, is being arrained?

fran

Class-z
07-01-2008, 11:35 AM
The step-father hadn't been arrested yet when that was said, perhaps they were looking for him (and are still looking for other's), per comments made about more arrests to come. As long as she is talking to and sharing everything with law enforcement, she doesn't need to talk to the public about all of it, especially as she has other children.

Normally, I would agree with you, but if there are other victims, or persons that might know something, the truth about these offenders should be public, their records are, the ones that have been CAUGHT

bdmama
07-01-2008, 11:36 AM
"Did the mother know that her husband was a RSO or just the sister's husband??"

I dont htink it has been disclosed that the step dad was a RSO, correct me if I'm wrong...

DM5632
07-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Normally, I would agree with you, but if there are other victims, or persons that might know something, the truth about these offenders should be public, their records are, the ones that have been CAUGHT

AMEN on that too.

jnodrog
07-01-2008, 11:38 AM
You know, Busy...Allen might be onto something there. I think what he is saying is that the page could have been set up as an itimidation for Brooke by someone in Texas. While we know it is not her site per se...we don't know that it isn't related. It is very coincidental and worth keeping an eye on, at least.
Ive kinda been looking back at these pages that were linked before to see if activity stops on them after arrests are made, seems to wierd some of the things that have been on that Texas one.
And i did notice that activity on one of Brookes pages stopped on like the 28th.

Am i correct that it was posted, that MJ had Brookes passwords???

Allen

SeriouslySearching
Welcome to WS, BrooksAunt and other new people that I may have missed this morning. Of course, your input is very welcome here. We want to find Brooke and put those responsible away. Sometimes, we do get very graphic and we do go into family details...but it is to further a case not to simply bash the family. We have a great group here who are very dedicated and work well together.

The news today is going to bring out a lot of anger in people. I know it does for me. I was hopeful the step-father had nothing to do with this, but obviously they believe he does.

Brooks Aunt
Yes her stepmother is my cousin. Jim is an excellent father.
It is Brooke

rccook555
07-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Did the mother know that her husband was a RSO or just the sister's husband??

Is he registered or just the uncle registered?

DM5632
07-01-2008, 11:40 AM
It brings out a lot of anger in me as well, and every moment that Brooke is not found her life is in the gravest danger. This isn't moving fast enough

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Ive kinda been looking back at these pages that were linked before to see if activity stops on them after arrests are made, seems to wierd some of the things that have been on that Texas one.
And i did notice that activity on one of Brookes pages stopped on like the 28th.

Am i correct that it was posted, that MJ had Brookes passwords???

AllenI don't know where the information came from, but it was mentioned.

Brooks Aunt
07-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Im not sure if the mother knew about the stepfather or not im waiting on that info.

bdmama
07-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Yes, I heard he had all the girl's passwords to their myspace accounts. He made them give them to him.

MrsMush99
07-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Is he registered or just the uncle registered?

I apologize. I thought the step dad has been arrested on sex related crimes with a minor. I think I might have just assumed he was RSO.

Brooks Aunt
07-01-2008, 11:44 AM
He has been arrested on sex related crimes to a minor

CarpeDiem
07-01-2008, 11:45 AM
It brings out a lot of anger in me as well, and every moment that Brooke is not found her life is in the gravest danger. This isn't moving fast enough

I agree. I hope there are still volunteer searches. It will be disheartening if all hope is lost on the ground. She IS out there somewhere and she's only 12 years old!!

SuziQ
I'm not finding a Ray Gagnon listed as an RSO in Texas or Vermont.

SeriouslySearching
DM, it wasn't moving fast enough for me when I was asking you all the questions about the uncle that you were unwilling to discuss. We would have been further along in this case if people had been more forthcoming with his name at that point. Information is critical right now while Brooke is missing. Time is not on our side here and it only serves to distance Brooke further from being found by hiding things.

ETA:The family should have been the focus of the investigation, but they were hiding the information about having sex offenders among them. This should be public knowledge from people in the community and we should have the right to discuss it openly even if the family does want to hide it. I didn't say DM should have known his name...I said "people". However, she did not want us to discuss the family or get into their "business".

DM5632
Yes, I heard he had all the girl's passwords to their myspace accounts. He made them give them to him.

I am not surprised. Abusers control their victims. God, the more people they arrest and squeeze for info the better the chances for Brooke's life. This has to happen FASTER. She has been missing for 6 days. Did you say that the people at the Uncle's workplace knew about the Uncle sexually violating Brooke and Brooke's cousin?

swanniee11
07-01-2008, 11:46 AM
This is getting worse by the minute. These poor girls had nobody to go to, not an Aunt/Mom nothing. No wonder Brooke had a hard time in school, look at what she got to come home to. IMO

Has Brookes Dad always lived in VT? Meaning, when Brooke lived in Alabama was her father in VT?

SeriouslySearching
I'm not finding a Ray Gagnon listed as an RSO in Texas or Vermont.Did you check Texas?

DM5632
I agree. I hope there are still volunteer searches. It will be disheartening if all hope is lost on the ground. She IS out there somewhere and she's only 12 years old!!

I am really angry that LE hasn't let more people in to help on the ground yet, it is not wise.

swanniee11
He has been arrested on sex related crimes to a minor

The stepdad Gagnon? ( or is it Gatnon, we're back to that I guess)

swanniee11
07-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Did you check Texas?

What about Alabama, they lived there for 6 yrs or did I read this wrong

DM5632
07-01-2008, 11:48 AM
DM, it wasn't moving fast enough for me when I was asking you all the questions about the uncle that you were unwilling to discuss. We would have been further along in this case if people had been more forthcoming with his name at that point. Information is critical right now while Brooke is missing. Time is not on our side here and it only serves to distance Brooke further from being found by hiding things.

I don't KNOW the Uncle, SS, and I know no more than YOU!! So please hang in there with that, I just offered help to Brooke's Dad, honestly.

bdmama
07-01-2008, 11:48 AM
"I am not surprised. Abusers control their victims. God, the more people they arrest and squeeze for info the better the chances for Brooke's life. This has to happen FASTER. She has been missing for 6 days. Did you say that the people at the Uncle's workplace knew about the Uncle sexually violating Brooke and Brooke's cousin?"

I said my mother had worked w/ him years ago right around the 93 incident and people knew about it back then.

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Did you check Texas?

I searched the state RSO sites and Family Watchdog.

Busylady
07-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Good point! Originally I was convinced this was a page set up by Brooke because the url that you make up when you create your account was almost identical to the other page that was confirmed to be hers. ello2401 for one and ello2341 for the other.

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 11:50 AM
I am really angry that LE hasn't let more people in to help on the ground yet, it is not wise.They can't. They don't know what they are going to find and it is better to keep professionals on the scene. This could lead to further victims as well and they do not want anything compromised.

bdmama
07-01-2008, 11:50 AM
"I don't KNOW the Uncle, SS, and I know no more than YOU!! So please hang in there with that, I just offered help to Brooke's Dad, honestly."

Who cares if you know more than the next person....anything anybody knows is crucial to finding this little girl and returning her to her family!

DM5632
07-01-2008, 11:51 AM
"I am not surprised. Abusers control their victims. God, the more people they arrest and squeeze for info the better the chances for Brooke's life. This has to happen FASTER. She has been missing for 6 days. Did you say that the people at the Uncle's workplace knew about the Uncle sexually violating Brooke and Brooke's cousin?"

I said my mother had worked w/ him years ago right around the 93 incident and people knew about it back then.

Thanks bdmama. They never stop perpetrating. They may take a break but they always do it again and again and again.

jnodrog
07-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Was Savanah the other daughter also from Alabama?? her myspace is http://www.myspace.com/BamaBabay07

is she a step daughter to JIM or his real dughter??

Allen

rccook555
07-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Was Savanah the other daughter also from Alabama?? her myspace is http://www.myspace.com/BamaBabay07

Allen

Also, was this the same Savanna that was on the CBS video clip? ( that i cant seem to find now)

Found it! http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/07/01/national/main4222215.shtml

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 11:53 AM
What about Alabama, they lived there for 6 yrs or did I read this wrong

Nothing in Alabama.

CarpeDiem
I am really angry that LE hasn't let more people in to help on the ground yet, it is not wise.

That would be so hard for me as a family member. I can only think they must be rather certain, even now, she is not local, wasn't walking after the last sighting of her.

Brooks Aunt
It is Gagnon i do believe

swanniee11
07-01-2008, 11:54 AM
I searched the state RSO sites and Family Watchdog.

whats Gagnons 1st name?

SeriouslySearching
Good question, Allen. How many children are there involved in this family? We know that there are two girls with Denise and MJ. Are there more brothers to MJ? How many nieces total do they have? They are possible victims, too.

Brooks Aunt
Jim was never married to Brooks mom.

Brooks Aunt
07-01-2008, 11:55 AM
His first name is ray

DM5632
07-01-2008, 11:56 AM
"I don't KNOW the Uncle, SS, and I know no more than YOU!! So please hang in there with that, I just offered help to Brooke's Dad, honestly."

Who cares if you know more than the next person....anything anybody knows is crucial to finding this little girl and returning her to her family!

Please understand I just care about people gone missing in Vermont, especially young people, children, and teens. I don't know any more than any one else. SS thought I do or did, or seemed to, and said she felt I withheld info but I have known no more than she has in this situation. I am respectfully not trying to get into arguing with anyone. If my kid was missing I KNOW people are needed to help with ground searches and posters hung up etc. The more people the better. The faster the help the better.

Busylady
07-01-2008, 11:56 AM
She would be a step daughter to Jim

Allen

DM5632
07-01-2008, 11:57 AM
That would be so hard for me as a family member. I can only think they must be rather certain, even now, she is not local, wasn't walking after the last sighting of her.
I certainly hope so, that something is certain.

swanniee11
07-01-2008, 11:57 AM
His first name is ray

I found 2 Gagnons that are RSO's, neither named Ray in TX.

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 11:58 AM
My heart goes out to Jim and his wife. He sounds like he was trying to be a good father in the midst of a horrific setting for Brooke. Any sympathy for the mother or her sister is fading here with me.

Brooks Aunt
07-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Im not sure if he is a rso as of yet.

FourWands
07-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Sorry if this was posted earlier:

Snip:
“This arrest is a result of Gagnon sexually assaulting another minor in the Royalton, Vermont area during the summer of 2007,” police said in a news release issued Tuesday morning."

DM5632
His first name is ray

Do you know Ray's address in Texas? Do you think they were sexually assaulting the girls at Jacques house? Inside his home? Or at his rental property?

swanniee11
Im not sure if he is a rso as of yet.

Does Ray have brothers?

DM5632
07-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Sorry if this was posted earlier:

Snip:
“This arrest is a result of Gagnon sexually assaulting another minor in the Royalton, Vermont area during the summer of 2007,” police said in a news release issued Tuesday morning."

Thank yoiu for the info

CarpeDiem
Please understand I just care about people gone missing in Vermont, especially young people, children, and teens. I don't know any more than any one else. SS thought I do or did, or seemed to, and said she felt I withheld info but I have known no more than she has in this situation. I am respectfully not trying to get into arguing with anyone. If my kid was missing I KNOW people are needed to help with ground searches and posters hung up etc. The more people the better. The faster the help the better.

I applaud the way you have handled the baseless barbs that have been tossed your way. Why some people think talking like they have helps Brooke, or makes people that do know something want to share, is beyond me. You catch more bees with honey, ya know? Anyway, you're a good egg. :)

Brooks Aunt
Thank you everyone i need to sign off for a while. I will try to be back on this evening. Hope to see you then.

Lets all pray for Brooke

Busylady
Can you post the link for the site you used to search for Texas. The one I am going to requires a first and last name so could not just pull up all the Gagnons. Thank you

I found 2 Gagnons that are RSO's, neither named Ray in TX.

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 12:02 PM
whats Gagnons 1st name?

Ray A. Gagnon

CarpeDiem
07-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Lets all pray for Brooke

For sure.

swanniee11
Can you post the link for the site you used to search for Texas. The one I am going to requires a first and last name so could not just pull up all the Gagnons. Thank you

www.familywatchdog.us (http://www.familywatchdog.us)

DM5632
Thank you everyone i need to sign off for a while. I will try to be back on this evening. Hope to see you then.

Lets all pray for Brooke

Thank you, God Bless Brooke.

MCDRAW
07-01-2008, 12:04 PM

And I'm certain they don't tell people they are sex offenders.

Busylady
07-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Thank you so much!

www.familywatchdog.us (http://www.familywatchdog.us)

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Brooke had told family she was to meet a friend to visit a hospitalized relative of that friend. Police now believe that was a lie and Brooke intended to meet someone she’d met on the Internet.

Who did Brooke tell? I heard Jim say he did not know where that story came from, but LE (Law Enforcement) keeps repeating this. Who else knew about this hospital story and did it come from Brooke or MJ?

DM5632
07-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Thank yoiu for the info

Does anyone know if these assaults took place in motels in Royalton and are there any motels in Royalton?? I am wracking my brain, cannot picture motels. there.

jnodrog
07-01-2008, 12:08 PM
http://preview.ussearch.com/preview/ala/newsearch?&searchLName=Gagnon&searchState=TX&searchCity=Houston&searchFName=R&adID=619000D434&adsource=9&TID=0&cid=people&searchtab=people

Shows a Raymond A Gagnon
Houston Texas

But im not a paid memeber so cant access.

Allen

swanniee11
07-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Brooke had told family she was to meet a friend to visit a hospitalized relative of that friend. Police now believe that was a lie and Brooke intended to meet someone she’d met on the Internet.

Who did Brooke tell? I heard Jim say he did not know where that story came from, but LE (Law Enforcement) keeps repeating this. Who else knew about this hospital story and did it come from Brooke or MJ?

At the presser yesterday, a reporter asked LE if it was MJ or Brooke who told family members that she was going to visit a sick friend, the LE would not comment on who actually said the story.

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 12:10 PM
http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080701/NEWS/879828529

(snip)
Gagnon is due in Vermont District Court in White River Junction at 1 p.m. to answer a charge of aggravated sexual assault. If convicted he could be sentenced to life in prison.

jnodrog
07-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Also one Raymond A here http://www.411.com/search/Replay?search_id=70011482250657839194&lower=171&more_info=1&form_mode=opt_b

but age says 75

Allen

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Click here to read the Michael Jacques affidavit (http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/assets/pdf/BT11190771.PDF)
Part 2 of the Michael Jacques affidavit (http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/assets/pdf/BT11190871.PDF)
Part 3 of the Michael Jacques affidavit (http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/assets/pdf/BT11190971.PDF)

rccook555
07-01-2008, 12:13 PM
At the presser yesterday, a reporter asked LE if it was MJ or Brooke who told family members that she was going to visit a sick friend, the LE would not comment on who actually said the story.

Ok just thinking outloud here... we know she was going to be visiting Texas soon right? Visiting Ray Gagnon in Texas? Maybe it was a story made up by both Ray and MJ to get her to Texas and maybe hide her out?

DM5632
07-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Click here to read the Michael Jacques affidavit (http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/assets/pdf/BT11190771.PDF)
Part 2 of the Michael Jacques affidavit (http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/assets/pdf/BT11190871.PDF)
Part 3 of the Michael Jacques affidavit (http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/assets/pdf/BT11190971.PDF)
Good job, thank you

rccook555
07-01-2008, 12:14 PM

Thank you SuziQ!!!:blowkiss:

Busylady
07-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh SuziQ big big hugs!!! I have been searching and searching for this!

brighidin
07-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks.

From part one: "Her father, Michael Jacques, was to be her trainer."
:mad:

FourWands
07-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Oh Gosh... MJ is AR's father... Ugh... No words...

FourWands
07-01-2008, 12:20 PM
He tied her up in the computer room... likely in front of a webcam...

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Interesting that AR's mother's statement is completely blocked out. I bet she's under investigation.

Notice his sex crimes go back to 1985.

rccook555
07-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Interesting that AR's mother's statement is completely blocked out. I bet she's under investigation.

Yeah and it shows as being dismissed, wonder why?

Busylady
07-01-2008, 12:23 PM
That confused me because per birth records MJ would be AR step father not biological father.

Class-z
07-01-2008, 12:23 PM

It will be interesting to see how they handled this molestation. I think his bigger problems are the sex ring and Brooke.

The laws are NOT as harsh on family molestation, father - daugher as they are on stranger. Go figure, but kids are looked at as possessions. Very Sad!

But trust me, I know first hand sadly

swanniee11
07-01-2008, 12:24 PM
He tied her up in the computer room... likely in front of a webcam...

my thoughts exactly. I am going to put this out there, let me know what you think. Brooke is going to TX to visit Gagnon, maybe he was coming to Vermont to pick her up and take her to TX, he came early and was staying somewhere local and thats where he was arrested???? Mom may not have known he was even in town yet ( or maybe she did, who knows )

Carrington
Looks like MJ had a Grand Larceny charge dismissed against him in 93 also.

SuziQ
PRESS RELEASE
ARREST OF RAY A. GAGNON
FOR AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT
July 1st, 2008

http://www.dps.state.vt.us/vtsp/press/press_070108_royalton.html

Spazkat9696
I would love to know what the blacked out paragraph says.

SeriouslySearching
I applaud the way you have handled the baseless barbs that have been tossed your way. Why some people think talking like they have helps Brooke, or makes people that do know something want to share, is beyond me. You catch more bees with honey, ya know? Anyway, you're a good egg. :)As we know now, the information on the family is what is breaking this case wide open. Brooke has been living in the middle of a child sex ring involving the men closest to her. This is information that can absolutely help Brooke. DM asked the question if I would want people talking/speculating about my family and how how it could help. You BET I would if I were stupid enough to have these type of scumbags around my child or my ex was!!

swanniee11
07-01-2008, 12:25 PM
tx suziQ for the update, very upsetting not to mention AR is the daughter. Life in prison is too good for these pervs.

Busylady
Says she met two other men, I am wondering if Gagnon was one of those other men grrrrrrrrrr. I am so so angry at what has happened to this child for 5 years and no one protected her.

Class-z
Yeah and it shows as being dismissed, wonder why?

Not enough evidence, child to young to testify, child refused to testify?

These cases are very sticky

concernedperson

If she isn't she needs to be. This tying up business is making me wonder about the child and her sister. Of course, he could have tied her up when the mother wasn't home. It would be a very good idea to have CPS visit and possibly remove both children until this is settled since we know another child has gone missing from the same area with access to that house and family.

DM5632
07-01-2008, 12:26 PM
PRESS RELEASE
ARREST OF RAY A. GAGNON
FOR AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT
July 1st, 2008

http://www.dps.state.vt.us/vtsp/press/press_070108_royalton.html
Great job, thank you Suzi Q

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 12:27 PM
One thing sadly that has occured to me is Brooke may have known to much and certain people couldn't risk her talking. I would be interested to know WHEN Ray came into town. The POI list could be bigger than one person.

cheko1
07-01-2008, 12:27 PM

Welcome to WS bdmama!
We're very glad you are here to give us inside info.....

philamena
07-01-2008, 12:30 PM
SeriouslySearching,
Thank you so much for posting the link for the NG transcripts.:blowkiss:

Now to catch up on this thread.
Everyone here is doing a great job discussing this case.

DM5632
07-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Can someone get the arrest warrant for Gagnon? It is public record.

SuziQ
Says she met two other men, I am wondering if Gagnon was one of those other men grrrrrrrrrr. I am so so angry at what has happened to this child for 5 years and no one protected her.

I think he was one of the other men.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,374368,00.html

(snip)
Brooke Bennett's stepfather Ray A. Gagnon, 40, was taken into custody Tuesday on a charge of aggravated sexual assault on a minor, according to authorities.
The arrest is related to charges against Brooke's uncle, Michael Jacques

christine2448
Everyone here is doing a great job discussing this case.

Is your head spinning like mine??:crazy:

DM5632
07-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Welcome to WS bdmama!
We're very glad you are here to give us inside info.....

bdmama we are very glad you are here.::)

DM5632
07-01-2008, 12:33 PM
One thing sadly that has occured to me is Brooke may have known to much and certain people couldn't risk her talking. I would be interested to know WHEN Ray came into town. The POI list could be bigger than one person.

I am afraid of that, too.

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 12:33 PM

Probably not until he's in court this afternoon and the judge doesn't seal it. It will probably not be sealed if MJ's wasn't though. And we'll probably have to wait for media to post it. I hope we don't have to wait till tomorrow!

CarpeDiem
07-01-2008, 12:34 PM
If she isn't she needs to be. This tying up business is making me wonder about the child and her sister. Of course, he could have tied her up when the mother wasn't home. It would be a very good idea to have CPS visit and possibly remove both children until this is settled since we know another child has gone missing from the same area with access to that house and family.

Absolutely she is being investigated and any other minor children looked into. And, it's entirely possible she didn't know based on threats by the perps. Remember this case from last year, the Mom didn't know:

http://www.amw.com/features/feature_story_detail.cfm?id=2169

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Is your head spinning like mine??:crazy:YES! Absolutely reeling. To know this girl was in the middle of all these creeps for so long and no one did anything to help her...my head is spinning off.

nanandjim
07-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Who supposedly dropped off Brooke at the convenience store? It sounds like this sex program scam may have been perpetrated on this little girl, too. If she were sent off to meet with a "trainer," she could be dead. I hope not; however, it doesn't look good.

Forgive me if this has been answered, but is Ray Gagnon related to Michael Jacques?

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 12:37 PM
One thing sadly that has occured to me is Brooke may have known to much and certain people couldn't risk her talking. I would be interested to know WHEN Ray came into town. The POI list could be bigger than one person.I have no doubt the POI list is growing quickly. These men had everything to lose.

DM5632
07-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Probably not until he's in court this afternoon and the judge doesn't seal it. It will probably not be sealed if MJ's wasn't though. And we'll probably have to wait for media to post it. I hope we don't have to wait till tomorrow!
Thank you so much, SuziQ

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 12:40 PM
I would love to know what the blacked out paragraph says.I didn't see a blacked out paragraph. :confused:

swanniee11
07-01-2008, 12:40 PM
It could have stopped with AR because of menstrating. ( not to be sick or anything)

Busylady
07-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Michael Jacques dropped her off at the conveniene store. Gagnon is Brookes former step father.

Who supposedly dropped off Brooke at the convenience store? It sounds like this sex program scam may have been perpetrated on this little girl, too. If she were sent off to meet with a "trainer," she could be dead. I hope not; however, it doesn't look good.

Forgive me if this has been answered, but is Ray Gagnon related to Michael Jacques?

DM5632
I have no doubt the POI list is growing quickly. These men had everything to lose.

They certainly did have everything to lose, increased danger for Brooke.

swanniee11
I didn't see a blacked out paragraph. :confused:

I believe page 2 when the mother of AR make a statement

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 12:42 PM
It could have stopped with AR because of menstrating. ( not to be sick or anything)There are studies that show that young girls who are sexually abused tend to mature much earlier, IIRC. 14 is rather too old for that to have just begun, imo.

swanniee11
07-01-2008, 12:43 PM
There are studies that show that young girls who are sexually abused tend to mature much earlier, IIRC. 14 is rather too old for that to have just begun, imo.

Thanks, didnt know that ,sorry to go there!

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 12:43 PM
I believe page 2 when the mother of AR make a statementOh, OK! Thanks, Swanniee!

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks, didnt know that ,sorry to go there!Don't be. There is still the question of why the abuse stopped a few weeks ago and the timing of Brooke going missing. We need to explore every avenue to answer that question. Brooke is still a year or so away from that "cut off" point. It could mean she is still a viable victim for these creeps.

evelyn24
07-01-2008, 12:46 PM
There are studies that show that young girls who are sexually abused tend to mature much earlier, IIRC. 14 is rather too old for that to have just begun, imo.

You can't rule it out though. It could very well be the reason he stopped all of a sudden a few weeks ago.

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Does Ray Gagnon have another family in Texas now? They have been divorced/separated for four years. He wouldn't be stopping his behaviors there. Obviously, he came back to VT in 2007 and had access to family members...but what was going on while he was in Texas?

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Where's Brooke?
Stepfather, uncle under arrest in case of missing Vermont girl.

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=1931631&referralPlaylistId=949437d0db05ed5f5b9954dc049d70b 0c12f2749

SailorMoon
07-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Can someone point me to the convenience store video? I have searched and searched and would like to watch it again. Thanks.

Poor Brooke. I'm finding it odd that her mom and her aunt were both married to pedos. And they didn't know anything??

Carrington
I respectfully have a couple of questions for BrooksAunt.
You stated Jim was not married to her mother. Does he have visitation rights?
Does he pay child support? I'm only asking to get a picture of the relationship between Jim and Cassandra which could have effected Brooke and her relationship with MJ and RG.
If you don't feel comfortable answering that's OK too.
Thanks

christine2448

Hiya DM, what state was he arrested in TX or Vt?

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Anyone want to bet that Ray has a S/O stache and haircut?

Beyond Belief
07-01-2008, 12:51 PM
do you have the other cities connected to ray gagnon?
i found them on peoples finders.

rccook555
07-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Ok i am a bit confused as why she was even going to Texas to visit an EX- stepfather? Was she that close to this person to go visit or was he with her mother since she was very young and she looked towards him as a father?

Class-z
Can someone point me to the convenience store video? I have searched and searched and would like to watch it again. Thanks.

Poor Brooke. I'm finding it odd that her mom and her aunt were both married to pedos. And they didn't know anything??

Not to make excuses, but the Mother and Aunt could of both been victims themselves. It's very common for woman like that to end up with a pedophile. These men are preditors and very good at finding their vicitms. Single mother's with children, etc.

SeriouslySearching
You can't rule it out though. It could very well be the reason he stopped all of a sudden a few weeks ago.In a way, it could be as pedophiles have an age preference. As the girl got more mature and developed...the interest waned for the predators. They would turn towards grooming younger girls.

Were they making the older girls then help to find and groom their replacements? This happened in the Hornbeck case and other cases.

MCDRAW

My daughter was 14 when she started having her period. My sister was 15.

Amster
07-01-2008, 12:53 PM
ugh....I went to work out and heard the step-dad had been arrested. I thought, "stupid media! Not her step-dad, her uncle!"

But, it's true....OMG....

And, Jim Bennett did say he knew about MJ.....brought it up with mom...it wasn't an "issue".....:mad:

These little girls were on their own in the midst of a nightmare.

nanandjim
07-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Michael Jacques dropped her off at the conveniene store. Gagnon is Brookes former step father.
Are MJ and RG related? I mean, how would they know each other? I am trying to get this straight in my mind. How did police find this girl, AR? I know that MJ is her stepfather. Did police go to her and question her because MJ is the one who dropped off BB? Is MJ the (step) uncle to BB? If so, I bet that he was either molesting her or setting her up to be molested. Since AR said that you would be killed (throat slashed) if you were the second girl to participate, perhaps, BB was murdered because she refused to participate.

It is quite strange that MJ supposedly dropped off BB. Are police thinking that he really didn't drop her off and instead went somewhere else with her. Wasn't MJ the one that supposedly found some of her belongings??

Class-z
07-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Ok i am a bit confused as why she was even going to Texas to visit an EX- stepfather? Was she that close to this person to go visit or was he with her mother since she was very young and she looked towards him as a father?

I asked myself the same question, plus wasn't it mentioned that the mother wasn't ever really married to him? So in that case, he wasn't even really her step father. Usually ties like that once broken the children are no longer involved with these men.

I'm surprised the Dad allowed this type thing. Maybe he didnt' know

nanandjim
My daughter was 14 when she started having her period. My sister was 15.
NOt to get off topic, but my stepdaughter was 16 years old. So, as we can see the age varies; and 14 is definitely not "too old."

SeriouslySearching
Anyone want to bet that Ray has a S/O stache and haircut?:crazy: Isn't it the truth? He probably does resemble his Uncle Creepy brother!

SeriouslySearching
07-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Not to make excuses, but the Mother and Aunt could of both been victims themselves. It's very common for woman like that to end up with a pedophile. These men are preditors and very good at finding their vicitms. Single mother's with children, etc.True and that would make Robi Ludwig on NG almost correct last night. (Altho, I still don't like she immediately singled out the maternal grandfather!)

SuziQ
07-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Hiya DM, what state was he arrested in TX or Vt?

Here is another link to MJ's arrest affidavit:

http://blackpearl.wcax.com/documents/Jacques_affidavit.pdf