PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic Thread

SeriouslySearching
07-03-2008, 09:16 PM
This case is so horrendous and filled with so many twists already. The constant barrage of it moving so fast coupled with every detail that emerges being worse than the one prior makes it one of the most disturbing on this board. I know I need some down time now and then to get away from the details and to check in with sane people here. If we ever needed an Off Topic thread...we need it here. :crazy:

MCDRAW
07-03-2008, 09:24 PM
The off topic thread was a great idea SS.

galvino
07-03-2008, 09:30 PM
SS, you couldn't be more right! I have been reading this board for years, heck- I can read a true crime book and eat dinner at the same time (I did it last night as a matter of fact) but I swear I have never read anything as horrific as this case!

I have always tried to wrap my brain around awful things, and am able to detatch myself most times, but I can't seem to do so here. I almost need a "time out" from this it is so disturbing.

SeriouslySearching
07-03-2008, 10:14 PM
I agree! While it is riveting because of how slow most cases go here...it is so very disturbing and so much to take in all at once. We went from a missing child to a sex ring in a couple of days...then on to a messed up family...straight into hell and a murder investigation.

SeriouslySearching
07-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Let me just say, the dog that my DD found and no one claimed...I wanted desperately. Tonite, he ran off. :( He hates thunder and the fireworks can't be good for him. Please say an extra prayer he will come "home". I miss him. I was supposed to get him next week if no one claimed him. I am heartbroken. He was fully trained, intelligent, socially adept, and loved me too.

philamena
07-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Ohh SS, maybe the dog will come back to your house.
This case nauseates me... literally.

Ok- off topic....4th of July.
Is anyone going to see fireworks?
Cookout? Make ice cream?
All of the above? lol

CarpeDiem
07-04-2008, 01:13 AM
I hope he comes back. Do you have someone that can take a walk with you? Leave some food out tonight for him by your door?

SeriouslySearching
07-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Well, I hope it comes back to DD's house so I can bring him here and he will never run away again. (He won't want to!) Thank you tho! I appreciate it. I do so miss him already.

My plans are rather generic. I can look out my window and see three awesome fireworks displays. I have been invited to parties, but I declined this year.

SeriouslySearching
07-04-2008, 01:23 AM
I hope he comes back. Do you have someone that can take a walk with you? Leave some food out tonight for him by your door?I wish. I am hours away and he is so afraid of thunderstorms. I cannot imagine how fireworks will affect that little darling. He will shiver and shake. Breaks my heart I didn't swoop him up and bring him home when I came home. My DD convinced me that she would put an ad in various places which she did. Got no response to him tho.

Vegas Bride
07-04-2008, 02:18 AM
I hope the doggie returns! Sounds like he found a good loving forever home with you!

I have to work on the 4th but we'll go to see the fireworks in the evening.

VB

SeriouslySearching
07-04-2008, 04:10 AM
Thanks, Vegas! I hope you and your's have a fabulous time! BOOM!

Leila
07-04-2008, 05:17 AM
Good idea for a thread - we all can use a bit of a break.

SS...............I sure hope the dog returns. They often do show up at home once the noise is over, and I hope in this case he does.

Fourth of July...............a quiet day at home, grilling chicken, and having potato salad, baked beans, coleslaw, and brownies for dessert. We can watch the fireworks from our front yard, but will probably view them from a neighbors who's house sits on a hill and has an excellent, unobstructed view.

SeriouslySearching
07-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Yummy! Grilled chicken is my fav! :)

Blue_Dolphin308
07-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Yummy! Grilled chicken is my fav! :)

Your puppy come back yet??

galvino
07-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Hope your pup returned! Mine is 12 yr old irish/spanial mix who I found last year in horrid condition. He is so sweet and teribly afraid of thunderstorms and fireworks. Last year I had to put him in bed with me and he still wouldn't calm down. I don't know what I'll do with Barley this year as I'm recouping from a broken wrist and he's pretty big!

missVT77
07-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Hello all, I am going to 2 beach barbeques for 4th of july, one on Sat and the other on Sunday. Also last night we watched fireworks, that was nice. I hope you find the puppy.

galvino
07-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Have fun MissVT! I had a cookout with my dog & 2 kitties. How pathetic is that! LOL

Leila
07-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Question.............I'm very confused by how the "notifications" works. This is a new feature that was started here on WS a couple months ago, and there's no directions or description of how it works. I have people sending me "notifications", but don't know what to do with them! :)

Tom'sGirl
07-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Question.............I'm very confused by how the "notifications" works. This is a new feature that was started here on WS a couple months ago, and there's no directions or description of how it works. I have people sending me "notifications", but don't know what to do with them! :)
Are they requests to be their "Friend" and listed on your page here
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=6027

pjop
07-04-2008, 10:12 PM

Leila, I don't know the answer to that but I will poke around and see if I can figure anything out.

Native New Yorker
07-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Leila, I have wondered that myself....
and when when you get a friendship request, is it enough to just approve it, or do you have to send a message too?

SS, I really hope your dog has come back/been found...

I have been lurking on this forum, have just been horrified.....nothing to contribute at this point....

pjop
07-04-2008, 10:15 PM

I found this from the FAQ's:
"
If you post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, you can choose to be notified by email when someone else replies to that thread. You can also choose to receive email notifications of new posts in a thread without posting in that thread, by clicking the 'Subscribe to this thread' link displayed in the thread page.
If you choose to stop receiving email notifications from a thread, you can turn off the option by either editing your post, or by unsubscribing from the thread here (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription).
Only registered users may receive email notification, and they can set whether they want to receive email notification by default by editing their options (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions).
Email notification is also referred to as 'Thread Subscription'."

Leila
07-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Are they requests to be their "Friend" and listed on your page here
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=6027

Hi Tom's Girl.............yes they are requests to be their friend, and I don't know where to "click" to respond, or how this system works. :)

MCDRAW
07-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Well I don't have a clue how to work the friend thing. I accept, then have no idea what to do next.

Tom'sGirl
07-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi Tom's Girl.............yes they are requests to be their friend, and I don't know where to "click" to respond, or how this system works. :)
LOL, well as of now you've accepted four people who requested to be your friends here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=6027

You can view any messages they leave for you BUT REMEMBER THAT THOSE POSTS ARE PUBLIC VIEWING and NOT a PM which is.

In the beginning some didn't understand the new feature and thought they were responding to a PM and WoW, it started a war when some read what was posted :eek:

Blue_Dolphin308
07-04-2008, 11:43 PM
LOL, well as of now you've accepted four people who requested to be your friends here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=6027

You can view any messages they leave for you BUT REMEMBER THAT THOSE POSTS ARE PUBLIC VIEWING and NOT a PM which is.

In the beginning some didn't understand the new feature and thought they were responding to a PM and WoW, it started a war when some read what was posted :eek:

I saw that! OMG what a SNAFU that was!

SeriouslySearching
07-04-2008, 11:50 PM

In the beginning some didn't understand the new feature and thought they were responding to a PM and WoW, it started a war when some read what was posted :eek:How did I miss that war?! LOL

I hope everyone had a Happy Fourth! I ended up going shopping, eating a steak dinner out, and wound up at the river watching the huge fireworks display. It was lovely! :) Much more relaxed tonite.

SeriouslySearching
07-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Hope your pup returned! Mine is 12 yr old irish/spanial mix who I found last year in horrid condition. He is so sweet and teribly afraid of thunderstorms and fireworks. Last year I had to put him in bed with me and he still wouldn't calm down. I don't know what I'll do with Barley this year as I'm recouping from a broken wrist and he's pretty big!Sadly, no...puppy didn't return as of yet. :( Maybe someone took him in for a bit...or at least that is what I am going to pretend happened.

We always give our dogs benadryl to calm them down. Check with your vet, but it was recommended for our shepherd/husky dog.

MCDRAW
07-04-2008, 11:58 PM

How do you review your messages?

Tom'sGirl
07-04-2008, 11:59 PM
How do you review your messages?
Yours are here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=22959 and you posted there back in May!

Native New Yorker
07-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Leila, I have wondered that myself....
and when when you get a friendship request, is it enough to just approve it, or do you have to send a message too?

SS, I really hope your dog has come back/been found...

I have been lurking on this forum, have just been horrified.....nothing to contribute at this point....

No responses to my post.. ?

SeriouslySearching
07-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Sorry, NNY! All you need to do is to approve them. You are always welcome to leave them a message. :) Welcome to WS!

Tom'sGirl
07-05-2008, 12:21 AM
No responses to my post.. ?
So sorry, didn't mean to ignore your post NNY.

No, you don't have to reply to a request to be a "Friend", you can ignore it, approve it, or not.

I don't do the "Friend" thing myself, but I do get some messages and after I reply to them I 'delete' them.

Up at the top of this screen under you name you will see Your Notifications======> click on that and you will find your messages or requests to be someone's "Friend"

MCDRAW
07-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Yours are here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=22959 and you posted there back in May!

I know I posted back...but I don't know how to get back there again.

Native New Yorker
07-05-2008, 12:30 AM
Thank you all!!
Whew, I feel better, have never posted on an OT thread.... so was not sure of the etiquette...
I have accepted Friend invites, but just never have time to send messages.....too much else to keep up with here!
good night to all!

Tom'sGirl
07-05-2008, 12:31 AM
I know I posted back...but I don't know how to get back there again.
Just go up to your name up at the top on the right where it says Welcome MCDRAW It will take you to your page.

Tom'sGirl
07-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Thank you all!!
Whew, I feel better, have never posted on an OT thread.... so was not sure of the etiquette...
I have accepted Friend invites, but just never have time to send messages.....too much else to keep up with here!
good night to all!
Nite NNY :seeya:

MCDRAW
07-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Just go up to your name up at the top on the right where it says Welcome MCDRAW It will take you to your page.

Thank you, Tom'sGirl. If I want to send someone a message do I click on their name?

Tom'sGirl
07-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Thank you, Tom'sGirl. If I want to send someone a message do I click on their name?
Yes, and then type your message in the box............just remember, it's Public reading.

You also can click on any posters name and find the link there to send a message.

MCDRAW
07-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Thank you.

Tom'sGirl
07-05-2008, 12:49 AM
thank you.
yw :)

Leila
07-05-2008, 03:11 AM
Thanks Tom'sGirl for the explanations. I've clicked on "approve", but didn't know how to send a message or how exactly the system worked.

Did I miss an announcement of the introduction of the notification system and explanation?

We had a nice 4th of July............barbecued chicken, potato salad, coleslaw and fresh-from-the-garden summer squash. After dinner we joined neighbors at their house, at a higher elevation, to watch the city fireworks and have dessert.

I'm a bit ticked because it's illegal here for citizens to set off fireworks in their backyards. But from our vantage point, there were a lot of people firing off their own fireworks, and shortly afterwards there were dozens of fire apparatus responding to small fires. We're in an area where it doesn't take much to start a brush fire.

angelmom
07-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Hope everyone had a nice 4th. We are celebrating with a family reunion/picnic later today.

I thought I was handling the details of this case okay until Thursday night/Friday morning when DH had gone to a poker game. I decided to do a little sewing while he was gone to take a break from WS. I didn't realize how badly I needed that break until he came home at 2AM with all the lights still on and I had finished several quilt blocks without even looking up for hours.

I did finally get to sleep after that. I guess the fabric helped scrub my brain of some of those horrific images. We all probably need something to give us a rest so we don't burn out.

SeriouslySearching
07-05-2008, 11:45 PM
On the puppy front: My sister went to the animal shelters today, but he wasn't there. I have started writing emails to various organizations, vet's, and other shelters. I will keep looking for my lil' darlin'.

WHEN I find him, I think I will name him "Webster". He can be our official mascot for Websleuths. LOL I might even buy him a cape, little hat, and a pipe for a sherlock costume for Halloween.

Tom'sGirl
07-06-2008, 12:01 AM
On the puppy front: My sister went to the animal shelters today, but he wasn't there. I have started writing emails to various organizations, vet's, and other shelters. I will keep looking for my lil' darlin'.

WHEN I find him, I think I will name him "Webster". He can be our official mascot for Websleuths. LOL I might even buy him a cape, little hat, and a pipe for a sherlock costume for Halloween.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTMxOTMzNDMzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDY1NjYyMQ@@._ V1._SX97_SY140_.jpg (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2561907968/tt0111168)

SeriouslySearching
07-06-2008, 12:06 AM
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTMxOTMzNDMzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDY1NjYyMQ@@._ V1._SX97_SY140_.jpg (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2561907968/tt0111168)I sure got a smile outta that one, TG! Thanks! Mine is even cuter than that one! :)

w1df10wr
07-07-2008, 12:54 AM
SS, I hope your puppy comes home very soon.

SeriouslySearching
07-07-2008, 01:22 AM
Thanks, W1d! I sure hope so, too.

Tom'sGirl
07-07-2008, 01:44 PM
We have 71 guests viewing this Forum right now, think it's due to the shut down of IS for maintenance? :)

Native New Yorker
07-07-2008, 01:55 PM
I no longer go to IS hardly at all, because it is just not as well run a site as this one, and posters can be very unprofessional. I might check in there once in awhile, but that is it!

WebSleuths is the best!

galvino
07-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Ya'll, I have a Homer question (as in DOH!). How do I quote an earlier post in mine?

I know, I should know this, but I'm just learnin'!

TIA

Tom'sGirl
07-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Ya'll, I have a Homer question (as in DOH!). How do I quote an earlier post in mine?

I know, I should know this, but I'm just learnin'!

TIA
Click on the post number and at the top of your screen you'll see the link, copy it, and post!

Example, my post here comes up http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2357766&postcount=52 at the top

galvino
07-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Click on the post number and at the top of your screen you'll see the link, copy it, and post!

Example, my post here comes up http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2357766&postcount=52 at the top

Okay- I'll see if this works. I clicked on the # of your post, then hit- oh shoot- what did I hit? ost reply or quote- i dunno. I may try it again just to see!
TIA

galvino
07-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Okay- I'll see if this works. I clicked on the # of your post, then hit- oh shoot- what did I hit? ost reply or quote- i dunno. I may try it again just to see!
TIA

Oh- I hit Quote, and it worked- Yippee!

galvino
07-07-2008, 07:53 PM
I just have an observation (several, actually).

I have really lurked here for years- (okay, I was at CTV for SP and PS1 because the tv was really following, and I followed their message boards for Entwistle b/c they were all about it- but I digress...

I am interested about how all these new members find out about WS when a new case breaks? I remember alot of new folks chiming in when Meredith Emerson was murdered, and when SP went missing. Is it by googling? I don't remember how I found ya'll- maybe thru ctv message boards (yuck). I just find it interesting to see what cases grab our attention and make us want to learn more and research rather than just click on CNN for updates.

I am also surprised at how much stuff has come out about this case so quickly- we went from missing to runaway to arrest to sex ring to peripheral characters in a matter of days- I wonder if they are going to start clamping down on info released, unless there are more arrests, because the details are so lurid.Before the 4th, it was reported about every news cycle. Today? I was only able to find out news through WS and linked print news reports.

I don't know what I am wanting anyone to respond to- don't really have a question other than- why are (the collective) we so interested in some of these cases that we seek out others who are like minded and actually research and try to find answers on our own rather than sitting back and waiting for NG to talk about it at 8pm on CNN? Is it a conglomeration of knowing the media isn't always accurate, that we are curious by nature, and the availability of the internet and access to instant information and need to express ourselves that compells us to congragate here? Just wondering, because none of my friends care so much about crime and what is happening.

I may just be the only person I know that gets so wrapped up in these cases (among my everyday peeps) and I find myself SOOOOO frustrated if there isn't new forthcoming news, or a case like DP's goes dormant. I guess I am a product of the instant information age!

Again, just wondering aloud about why I find myself here, why this case has me so riveted, and what led the rest of you here. Sorry for the long, and not necc. O/T post.

missVT77
07-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Have any of you considered doing cyber sleuthing as a job instead of a hobby? There must be private investigators that could use it and I know there are cyber crime law enforcement units that hire civillians and you would for sure be qualified.

becca
07-08-2008, 07:54 AM
I just have an observation (several, actually).

I have really lurked here for years- (okay, I was at CTV for SP and PS1 because the tv was really following, and I followed their message boards for Entwistle b/c they were all about it- but I digress...

I am interested about how all these new members find out about WS when a new case breaks? I remember alot of new folks chiming in when Meredith Emerson was murdered, and when SP went missing. Is it by googling? I don't remember how I found ya'll- maybe thru ctv message boards (yuck). I just find it interesting to see what cases grab our attention and make us want to learn more and research rather than just click on CNN for updates.

I am also surprised at how much stuff has come out about this case so quickly- we went from missing to runaway to arrest to sex ring to peripheral characters in a matter of days- I wonder if they are going to start clamping down on info released, unless there are more arrests, because the details are so lurid.Before the 4th, it was reported about every news cycle. Today? I was only able to find out news through WS and linked print news reports.

I don't know what I am wanting anyone to respond to- don't really have a question other than- why are (the collective) we so interested in some of these cases that we seek out others who are like minded and actually research and try to find answers on our own rather than sitting back and waiting for NG to talk about it at 8pm on CNN? Is it a conglomeration of knowing the media isn't always accurate, that we are curious by nature, and the availability of the internet and access to instant information and need to express ourselves that compells us to congragate here? Just wondering, because none of my friends care so much about crime and what is happening.

I may just be the only person I know that gets so wrapped up in these cases (among my everyday peeps) and I find myself SOOOOO frustrated if there isn't new forthcoming news, or a case like DP's goes dormant. I guess I am a product of the instant information age!

Again, just wondering aloud about why I find myself here, why this case has me so riveted, and what led the rest of you here. Sorry for the long, and not necc. O/T post.

I think each of us has a reason for being here.... some are curious, others have personal reasons. Mine is personal... I've not only done cyber sleuthing , but I do go out on searches in RL. So it is two fold for me. The cases involving children will always get me first. That is the personal part.
So no matter how we got here, its the fact that we are here that matters and what we do about it.
Not that any of that is in response to your questions but I thought I'd throw a thought or two out there for you.

missVT77
07-08-2008, 08:35 AM
For me, I was talking to my sister about this case back when Brooke was still missing and my sister linked me here as the best repository of information that there was about it.

Talisman
07-08-2008, 10:30 AM
I know that this is supposed to be an OFF-TOPIC thread ... a place to get away from the horrible real life knowledge of the perverts that infected this beautiful young girls life ... but this case has affected me so deeply! I haven't even been able to post about it since they found Brooke's body. That news seemed to take the breath right out of me.

I didn't want to post how I felt on one of the active threads about this case. Members here are doing such a wonderful job on getting information out to us.

Am I the only one who just cannot post about this case? I am just so sickened, depressed, angry and horrified!!! What is wrong with the 'adults' who were supposed to love and protect these young girls???!!! Why are our judges giving light sentences out to child pornographers and child molester/rapists??? When is our court system going to open it's eyes and see this as the SERIOUS problem that it is? I don't give a rat's azz how big of an industry Porn is!! I don't care how many millions/billions of dollars it rakes in!! When are eyes going to open? This post should probably be moved to the PP ... because it makes me even more adament about the Death penalty!! It should be used more often and not so few and far between!! Death to all child rapists and molesters!!! If they are able to get their 'jollies' off by harming young children only to get a light sentence ... then I should be able to get my jollies off by knowing these sick twisted freakish perverts will no longer be able to harm anyone's child again!! Would I be able to give the deadly concoction to the creep?? You betcha!! I would look the pervert in the eye and say, "How do you like my 'jollies'?!!"

I am so sorry about this rant on an Off-topic thread. Sorry that it is just a repeat of comments that have already been made hundreds of times by Websleuthers. This case has just eaten away at me.

Jaded
07-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh- I hit Quote, and it worked- Yippee!

Or you can hit the middle button on a given post if you want to multi-reply to people. Like I have done in this post. I am attaching screenshots so you can visualize it.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z269/jadedWS/quote.png

To find more smilies click on the [More] tab like so:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z269/jadedWS/smilies.png
Have any of you considered doing cyber sleuthing as a job instead of a hobby? There must be private investigators that could use it and I know there are cyber crime law enforcement units that hire civillians and you would for sure be qualified.

I would love to do this full time!!

becca
07-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I know that this is supposed to be an OFF-TOPIC thread ... a place to get away from the horrible real life knowledge of the perverts that infected this beautiful young girls life ... but this case has affected me so deeply! I haven't even been able to post about it since they found Brooke's body. That news seemed to take the breath right out of me.

I didn't want to post how I felt on one of the active threads about this case. Members here are doing such a wonderful job on getting information out to us.

Am I the only one who just cannot post about this case? I am just so sickened, depressed, angry and horrified!!! What is wrong with the 'adults' who were supposed to love and protect these young girls???!!! Why are our judges giving light sentences out to child pornographers and child molester/rapists??? When is our court system going to open it's eyes and see this as the SERIOUS problem that it is? I don't give a rat's azz how big of an industry Porn is!! I don't care how many millions/billions of dollars it rakes in!! When are eyes going to open? This post should probably be moved to the PP ... because it makes me even more adament about the Death penalty!! It should be used more often and not so few and far between!! Death to all child rapists and molesters!!! If they are able to get their 'jollies' off by harming young children only to get a light sentence ... then I should be able to get my jollies off by knowing these sick twisted freakish perverts will no longer be able to harm anyone's child again!! Would I be able to give the deadly concoction to the creep?? You betcha!! I would look the pervert in the eye and say, "How do you like my 'jollies'?!!"

I am so sorry about this rant on an Off-topic thread. Sorry that it is just a repeat of comments that have already been made hundreds of times by Websleuthers. This case has just eaten away at me.

Do not be sorry.... first you are not alone in your outrage. We all feel that way. You are around like minded people for the most part. Second post... we welcome all opinions and ideas ... third get involved in your area to help children that have been victims of crime or volunteer at a school to help kids understand the dangers of the world.
BUT do not ever feel like you are alone... we all have to deal with these things in our own way. As my friend Mark Lunsford said one child at a time..

MrsMush99
07-09-2008, 11:17 AM
I was wondering if there could be threads started on different topics. It's very hard for some people to keep up before having to read through hundreds of posts. Everything is all on threads without separate topics. I think, it would be much easier to access information and to find what we are looking for. This thread is #16 and there are pages and pages of information that I'm sure could be spread out. Just a suggestion.

I posted this on the other thread, but no one seems to be responding so I'll try here.

It would make life so much easier on those that would like to be a part of the discussion but don't know where to start.

I've started a thread on Brooke's funeral. I hope people post information there and not on the general discussion thread.

SeriouslySearching
07-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Puppy news! He came back to DD's house and I am now making plans to get him to me!! WOOHOO! (Sorry, I realize the thread was on a serious note...but I had to tell someone!)

Jaded
07-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Puppy news! He came back to DD's house and I am now making plans to get him to me!! WOOHOO! (Sorry, I realize the thread was on a serious note...but I had to tell someone!)

HURRAY! I had hoped puppy would come back.

Jaded
07-09-2008, 08:40 PM
I was wondering if there could be threads started on different topics. It's very hard for some people to keep up before having to read through hundreds of posts. Everything is all on threads without separate topics. I think, it would be much easier to access information and to find what we are looking for. This thread is #16 and there are pages and pages of information that I'm sure could be spread out. Just a suggestion.

I posted this on the other thread, but no one seems to be responding so I'll try here.

It would make life so much easier on those that would like to be a part of the discussion but don't know where to start.

I've started a thread on Brooke's funeral. I hope people post information there and not on the general discussion thread.

I think that this case has everyone so emotionally frazzled, that we're just typing out our emotions as we go.

SeriouslySearching
07-09-2008, 08:50 PM
We do need to spread this case out more and more actually. I haven't had time lately to work on it and newbies generally don't take advantage of starting new threads. We have a lot of room to spread out and I know what you mean about coming back into the discussion when you are a thread behind...like I am right now!

Tom'sGirl
07-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Some of you may know I followed/am following the Chester Stiles case. I just got this alert, disgusting, she thought he was "okay" all these years :rolleyes:

At least she called the cops!

Father arrested for sexually assaulting own step-son (http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8650397&nav=15MV)
KVBC - Las Vegas,NV,USA

Jaded
07-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Some of you may know I followed/am following the Chester Stiles case. I just got this alert, disgusting, she thought he was "okay" all these years :rolleyes:

Father arrested for sexually assaulting own step-son (http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8650397&nav=15MV)
KVBC - Las Vegas,NV,USA

Can I PLEASE just be in charge of a unit that goes around and *****slaps some sense into these women? Good grief!!!!

What's the latest on the Stiles matter? I haven't heard a peep about that one in awhile.

Tom'sGirl
07-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Can I PLEASE just be in charge of a unit that goes around and *****slaps some sense into these women? Good grief!!!!

What's the latest on the Stiles matter? I haven't heard a peep about that one in awhile.
Case resumes 9/3/2008

Jaded
07-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Case resumes 9/3/2008

He hasn't plead guilty? Oh geez.

dark_shadows
07-09-2008, 11:15 PM

My sweet Talisman,:blowkiss:
I am so sorry.

I wish that there was a comfort for you my friend.

I had to retire from the job I had because I surley would have had a breakdown. The criminals coming into the facility were getting worse and worse.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

CarpeDiem
07-09-2008, 11:25 PM

Awesome!

Tom'sGirl
07-09-2008, 11:28 PM
He hasn't plead guilty? Oh geez.
Here's the way it stands. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2122212&postcount=256

galvino
07-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Yay SS! Love the news about Pup Pup! Needed some good news about now!

w1df10wr
07-09-2008, 11:35 PM

:biggrin:, SS that is great news!

christine2448
07-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Just wanted to say, OT, I sincerely love each of you for the time and energy put forth here. I am exhausted...off to bed, with each and everyone of you in my prayers. May Brooke be able to rest in peace because of your work. :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Tom'sGirl
07-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Now don't scare him off after you bring him home by putting him in that 'Sluething' outfit :nono:

Native New Yorker
07-10-2008, 12:07 AM

I have been checking in here to see if Puppy had showed up!!

ShinaLite
07-10-2008, 12:51 AM

aww that is so awesome..I dont know you well but I did take note of your post when pup ran off...one of my sweet babies was a stray that showed up on my door step 5 years ago..Love her like crazy!!! So it grabbed my heart..

sooo happy you got him back!!

Tom'sGirl
07-10-2008, 01:00 AM
aww that is so awesome..I dont know you well but I did take note of your post when pup ran off...one of my sweet babies was a stray that showed up on my door step 5 years ago..Love her like crazy!!! So it grabbed my heart..

sooo happy you got him back!!
She still has to go pick him up from her daughter's place. I don't think he ran away from SS's house.

Leila
07-10-2008, 02:30 AM
SS.............I'm glad to hear the dog came home! :)

I haven't been able to keep up with this forum (or any others) as I had two grand children since last Thursday, and yesterday had to take our granddaughter to the airport for her flight home.

Today was to be the first time in almost a week that I could spend some time online, and I couldn't get connected to the Internet. An automatic Windows update interfered with an existing program and I couldn't get online. I had to take my computer to a repair shop, where an expert could sort it all out and eliminate the software problem.

So, I'm very much behind in what's happening in this case. I was able to watch a video of Brooke's funeral online tonight. And I do know that Gagnon was charged with obstruction of justice, but don't know what else has been happening.

Can anyone give me a brief overview of the events since last Wednesday to get me up-to-speed? It would be greatly appreciated. :)

whiteangora
07-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi,
Sorry I don't have time to read or search for the answer to my question.
Does anyone know what has happened to the In Session Message Boards?

christine2448
07-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi,
Sorry I don't have time to read or search for the answer to my question.
Does anyone know what has happened to the In Session Message Boards?

Who cares? :blowkiss:

whiteangora
07-10-2008, 11:30 AM
:confused:
Well, I was expecting an actual answer minus the commentary.
I read Websleuths alot, just don't post, I think this is a great place,
but I also have found a few intelligent posters over on In Session that
I used to enjoy reading and I was wondering if anyone here knew why
the boards have been in maintinance mode for almost a week.
Sorry I asked.:shutup:

Native New Yorker
07-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Whiteangora, I used to post on IS a lot, but found I preferred it here....
I do not know what is going on with IS.
What I DO know is that when the Bennett case really heated up, there were lots of posts being copied from here, hard work done by W'sers, and .....posted over on IS.
Hope this clears things up for you a bit, and welcome to WebSleuths!

Tom'sGirl
07-10-2008, 10:47 PM
What I DO know is that when the Bennett case really heated up, there were lots of posts being copied from here, hard work done by W'sers, and .....posted over on IS.
Hope this clears things up for you a bit, and welcome to WebSleuths!
It wasn't just the BB case, but then some here have nabbed info. from there and posted it here. So it goes with Forums :crazy:

RR0004
07-11-2008, 01:43 AM
YEA!! Some good news for a change!! So happy for you, SS!

RR0004
07-11-2008, 01:46 AM
Just wanted to say, OT, I sincerely love each of you for the time and energy put forth here. I am exhausted...off to bed, with each and everyone of you in my prayers. May Brooke be able to rest in peace because of your work. :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:
Sweet dreams, Christine! You are so deserving!!

SeriouslySearching
07-11-2008, 03:38 AM

KVBC - Las Vegas,NV,USA
Thanks for posting that article. What a creep!!! Did you see that mugshot?! OMG!

Sad to say, she must still be in denial to think the kids could be, "okay". I hope the therapist does family and group counseling!

SeriouslySearching
07-11-2008, 03:48 AM
Thanks for all the happy notes! I am pleased to say that pup pup has had a bath, is eating very well, and is now sporting a new harness-type collar with a brand new tag to insure he makes it home if he decides to venture out again!

Yes, he was at my DD's house when he made his escape. While I was there, I had him "trained" to wait patiently by the doors until I gave him the command to go out. After I came home, no one kept up with it. I can't fault him tho...maybe he was just out looking for me! :)

Now my youngest DD (who also lives there while going to college) is begging me to let him stay with her...but I don't know about that. He is great around the kids and loves to play in the yard with them. I still get to see him so maybe. I will have to ponder that request for a few days. LOL

SeriouslySearching
07-11-2008, 03:52 AM
:confused:
Well, I was expecting an actual answer minus the commentary.
I read Websleuths alot, just don't post, I think this is a great place,
but I also have found a few intelligent posters over on In Session that
I used to enjoy reading and I was wondering if anyone here knew why
the boards have been in maintinance mode for almost a week.
Sorry I asked.:shutup:Welcome to WS, Whiteangora! Some of the boards were hacked. Members were reporting that people were trying to get onto the boards using their sns and they were getting letters saying they were banned or something. Since I don't visit IS...I don't know the exact story.

SeriouslySearching
07-11-2008, 03:56 AM
Hope this clears things up for you a bit, and welcome to WebSleuths!Yes, I have a bit of animosity for some of those people who want to pretend they did the research instead of acknowledging where they really got the information to begin with. I don't have a problem as long as they give credit where it is due by linking back to WS. I think WSers are respectful in that way if we use info found elsewhere.

whiteangora
07-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Thank you to everyone that provided some reasonable answers.
I think it is proper etiquette to always credit (or provide a link)
anytime you are lifting info from one site to another. I learned
all about that on Usenet back in the 90's.
I am going to get comfy and try to catch up on Brooke's case
right here.:)
Thanks for the welcome.:wave:

SailorMoon
07-11-2008, 12:58 PM
I was wondering about IS boards too. I too, mainly post over there (under a different nic) but read and post here a lot too. But I have to say...I don't even miss IS boards now.

And, you all have always had the scoop and best info available.

SeriouslySearching
07-11-2008, 02:42 PM
:balloons: It is because WSers hold themselves to a higher standard! (And we ROCK!)