PDA

View Full Version : Identification of minors & victims in this case

adnoid
07-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Here's the situation on posting information on the minors/victims in this case:

This is a very sensitive case as we have people involved that are minors, victims of sexual assault, and often both.

DO NOT post information that will reveal the names of minors UNLESS those names have already been reported by mainstream media (i.e. not on some other message board or blog, but by professional journalists).

DO NOT post information that will reveal the names of victims of sexual assault UNLESS those names have already been reported by mainstream media (i.e. not on some other message board or blog, but by professional journalists).

---

NOW - on the subject of "A.R." Websleuths is dedicated to justice for the victims of crime and the prosecution of criminals. Based on the information available SO FAR it is clear that "A.R." IS a victim of crime and MAY BE a perpetrator as well. She is also, at 14, a minor. SO - until more information comes out, here's the deal:

--She will NOT have her real name revealed here (following the rules for minors above);

--She will NOT be attacked as a criminal perpetrator due to the undisputed circumstances of her sexual abuse at the hands of the real criminals here (following the rules for victims of sexual assault above)

Should circumstances change we'll change the rule, but after reading the above explanation the staff here is sure will agree with this policy.

Some of you may not agree with this conclusion and policy. If so, see below:

--Don't do it because we're telling you not to. Don't PM us and ask us to change our minds. Don't post about how much you disagree. This is how it will be.

barb0301
07-08-2008, 11:27 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap:

As always, thanks for all your hard work Adnoid !!

Well said, and I couldn't agree more.

Liz
07-08-2008, 11:35 PM
:gomods:

DeltaDawn
07-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Makes perfect sense to me...thank you Adnoid!!

Busylady
07-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Thank you Adnoid!

philamena
07-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Thank you adnoid and our other mods.

AR
--She will NOT be attacked as a criminal perpetrator due to the undisputed circumstances of her sexual abuse at the hands of the real criminals here (following the rules for victims of sexual assault above)

w1df10wr
07-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Thank you!

Salem
07-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Very nice to see this posted here.

Thanks Mods!

Salem

missVT77
07-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Hello, there is a first name in post #25 on the myspace links thread that you probably want to edit out.

christine2448
07-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Hello, there is a first name in post #25 on the myspace links thread that you probably want to edit out.

Got it, thanks.

Rum Tum Tugger
07-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Websleuths: The primo crime sleuthing forum on the Web - borrowing none!

Why?? Because, in addition to deeply caring & tenacious members - we are blessed to have the very best mods - the cream of the crop - right here on WS.

Adnoid - thank you, for yet another beautifully written and respectful explanation of our WS guidelines regarding posting sensitive info.

Adnoid & Christine - Thank you for the dynamite job you're both doing moderating this fast moving forum. You guys rock! :D

:::I haven't a clue how you keep up with it all - but, I'm impressed!:::

With lub n' much respect ... :blowkiss:

:cat: Rum Tum :seeya:

Jen_in_Indy
07-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Quick question...
Shouldn't all of the links regarding AR's myspace be removed since that page lists her first name?

And also, the info regarding her father gives her last name. I didn't even look for it and I know her first and last name. And that was just stuff I put together today.