PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C.

Pages : 1 [2]

buttabsy
07-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Is there a link to something telling that he was at the store at 4am? I haven't seen anything about that except here.

What cameras are you speaking of that would see the car? We live a few blocks from their home and there is a grocery right here. I don't believe there are cameras at either intersection he would go through to get to the store. If he went to the grocery on the other end of the neighborhood I don't think there would be cameras there.

While there are some things of question I find it odd that everyone has him convicted and ready to put under the jail. If he did do this then I'm on that bandwagon but I want to hear it from the police before I jump the gun.

There could still be some things we don't know. I could ask why were the police all around our home, lake, and park after 8pm last night "looking for someone"? Why did they block off the trail behind the park? Sure made myself and all my neighbors wonder what was going on.

Blink34
07-15-2008, 01:29 PM
The children's book, Heaven Has A Floor, I recommend highly. This was given to my daughter when she lost her father and it was a tremendous help to her. She still has her copy and buys others for people who have children going through the experience of having lost a parent or loved one. http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Has-Floor-Evelyn-Roberts/dp/0803737092

What a WONDERFUL suggestion, and I am sorry for your loss, this thread has had me in tears for an hour, enough already.

Blink34
07-15-2008, 01:32 PM
NOBODY!
Good catch SeriouslySearching.
Something that mostly women would find significant.

Someone who was met outside her home when she got there and was scared. I bet her cell is in it.

NancyFriend
07-15-2008, 01:37 PM
My children were older, 10 and 8, but I was advised to say, under different circumstances though, that he went to Heaven because it was his time, and that it is ok to be sad and Mommy and Daddy are very sad as is our family too, but that it does not change our love for him, or his for all, and whenever we feel sad we should talk about it and remember something happy about them. For me, I simply said that he had an accident and went to Heaven. I was advised not to be specific as the grief is enough to start, and they will let you know when they are ready if ever, to hear anything specific. I did not want them carrying anything but the loss and then healing in their hearts. If they are playmates of Miss Nancy's children, I would reassure them also that you are not going anywhere, that it is rare to lose a Mommy, and to try to be strong for the girls as they will need their pals.

Now, Im gonna go be sick, really sorry for your loss.

Thank you Blink32. I like this approach and will use it with my own kids, who know Nancy and have some sense of what is going own. I'm also going to print out this advice and bring it with me when I watch the next news conference tonight with others. I know that someone is arranging for grief counselors and child therapists to help assist, but not sure when that will occur. I really do appreciate the support that you and others here are providing.

philamena
07-15-2008, 01:38 PM
She had to know he was capable of this. In her gut, she had to know....

SeriouslySearching,

Your comment made me think about other 'wife killers." What about Laci Peterson? I wonder if she knew SP was capable of doing the evil he did?

I honestly think some women don't have a clue.

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Buttabsy, Welcome to WS! I realize we may come off as sounding like we are jumping the gun or as uncaring about the feelings of those involved, but I assure you this isn't the case. We have worked on and followed so many of these cases, things come out early that raise definite red flags for us. Some come from LE (Law Enforcement) in their veiled comments and other things come from knowing the signs of not only abusive men, but men who do murder their wives instead of getting a divorce.

In this particular case, her husband is a suspect or a POI...even if LE has not named him yet. They will be concentrating on him right now. The reason they do not name them as such is because it legally changes the status and curtails the way they can investigate the person. They also have to track down any other leads not associated to him. They are searching for evidence of a crime scene and most likely why they closed the trail. The case will go from a missing persons to a homicide as soon as they have her formal ID.

PrayersForMaura
07-15-2008, 01:41 PM
SeriouslySearching,

Your comment made me think about other 'wife killers." What about Laci Peterson? I wonder if she knew SP was capable of doing the evil he did?

I honestly think some women don't have a clue.

most women don't think that "nice guys" will kill them. sometimes, it's the nice guys to watch out for.

PandaJ
07-15-2008, 01:46 PM
most women don't think that "nice guys" will kill them. sometimes, it's the nice guys to watch out for.

I agree with you. I think that while some women may know deep down that their loved ones could be capable of such things (ie Stacy Peterson MAY have known Drew had homicidal tendencies, IMO) I think that most women don't have a clue, and think they have a "nice guy." I honestly don't think Laci had a clue....

jmo

NancyFriend
07-15-2008, 01:46 PM
I'd appreciate if we could stop implying that the victim should shoulder any of the blame. Maybe it is worth discussing after the dust has settled, but right now it is not constructive.

PrayersForMaura
07-15-2008, 01:51 PM
I'd appreciate if we could stop implying that the victim should shoulder any of the blame. Maybe it is worth discussing after the dust has settled, but right now it is not constructive.

Who implied that? I haven't seen anyone do that.... :confused:

Topsail Girl
07-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Brad Cooper appeared at a press conference today thanking those who were searching for his missing wife. Nancy Cooper had told friends she wanted a divorce. She wanted Brad Cooper to leave the house but he refused. At today's press conference Brad wore a long sleeve shirt. Later today scratches were noticed on his arms.

Nancy Cooper, 34 was discovered around 7:30 tonight by a citizen walking his dog around Woody's Lake, a small lake, more like a pond off of Holly Springs Road down near the end of Felding Road (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=chrons disease&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl) in Cary. An autopsy will confirm the identity and make a determination as to the cause of death. Hopefully an arrest will be made before the six o'clock news.

http://www.bluelineradio.com/news714.html

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 01:53 PM
I'd appreciate if we could stop implying that the victim should shoulder any of the blame. Maybe it is worth discussing after the dust has settled, but right now it is not constructive.My apologies, NancyFriend. I will remove my posts as I see they bother you. I wasn't trying to say the victim in any case is to blame...only pointing out that there are warning signs. Others may be reading here who are in such a situation.

PrayersForMaura
Boone said Brad Cooper has been helpful and in constant contact with police. Going for a run was normal activity for Nancy to do on a Saturday morning. The couple lived just off several trails and friends say Cooper was training for a half-marathon.

http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/story.html?id=437f22b0-c76d-41cf-a548-24da47e76a26

philamena

I agree PrayersForMaura.

PrayersForMaura
07-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Brad Cooper appeared at a press conference today thanking those who were searching for his missing wife. Nancy Cooper had told friends she wanted a divorce. She wanted Brad Cooper to leave the house but he refused. At today's press conference Brad wore a long sleeve shirt. Later today scratches were noticed on his arms.

Nancy Cooper, 34 was discovered around 7:30 tonight by a citizen walking his dog around Woody's Lake, a small lake, more like a pond off of Holly Springs Road down near the end of Felding Road (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=chrons%20disease&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl) in Cary. An autopsy will confirm the identity and make a determination as to the cause of death. Hopefully an arrest will be made before the six o'clock news.

http://www.bluelineradio.com/news714.html

Holy cow!!! Scratches? As in nail scratches? :eek:
He's in big trouble.

philamena
07-15-2008, 01:54 PM
SS,
So sorry to hear about your friend.

philamena
07-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Holy cow!!! Scratches? As in nail scratches? :eek:
He's in big trouble.
No lie...I'd say Brad's interview with cops should start real soon.

PrayersForMaura
07-15-2008, 01:55 PM
There is no forensic link established between the body and Cooper, who police still call a missing person.
Police say Cooper's husband is cooperating with police, letting them search two cars and giving them a purse.

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Nation/Body-may-solve-disappearance-of-Cary-woman-/1216143004.html

christine2448
07-15-2008, 02:07 PM
It still has not been confirmed the deceased is Nancy? I saw the one link, but it was not main stream media.

NancyFriend
07-15-2008, 02:09 PM
As far as I know, it has not been confirmed that the deceased is Nancy.

Topsail Girl
07-15-2008, 02:11 PM
As far as I know, it has not been confirmed that the deceased is Nancy.

I just wanted to say that you and Nancy's entire family are in my thoughts. I had planned to go volunteer to search today and then I heard the news last night. I'm so sorry for all of you. If this turns out not to be Nancy then I will be out to help look for her when the search resumes.

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Are there other missing women in the immediate area of Cary, NC that we aren't aware of? Raleigh is close so could this person be from there?

pixies
07-15-2008, 02:15 PM

No one at all has "implied" that Nancy deserved to be hurt and no one has implied that this is "her fault".

People having questions does not take away from the fact that she is an innocent victim and no one here has ever said that she "shoulders the blame". NO ONE AT ALL.

Topsail Girl
07-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Are there other missing women in the immediate area of Cary, NC that we aren't aware of? Raleigh is close so could this person be from there?

None that I know of....

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Sorry, but it is frustrating not to be able to discuss this until the ID is made. My thoughts and prayers are with Nancy's children and family while they wait for news.

ckwood32
07-15-2008, 02:22 PM
I'll be very surprised if the body is not hers. LE definitely knows by now. Once I was involved in a search and we found her body - we knew right away it was her because of the clothing/purse. The news didn't release it was her until after the autopsy a few days later. So sad.

NancyFriend
07-15-2008, 02:26 PM
It would be horrible if it took days for an official identification of the body. ckwood32, in the case you are referring to, why did LE take days for the official news?

ckwood32
07-15-2008, 02:31 PM
We found her body on a Sunday but confirmation it was her was in the paper on a Tuesday. Sorry - I didn't mean too many days.

Topsail Girl
07-15-2008, 02:32 PM
It would be horrible if it took days for an official identification of the body. ckwood32, in the case you are referring to, why did LE take days for the official news?

For the sake of Nancy's family and friends I hope that isn't the case. The only thing I can think of is if this body was not dressed in what Nancy was described as wearing. Depending on decomp they may need dental records and any prior finger prints on file anywhere.

momto3kids
07-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Yesterday many of the people searching wore long pants and shirts since we were going further into the woods and it was pouring so we chilled faster. Brad was spotted searching with the police and made a comment he was being eaten up with possible poison ivy. He was itching all over. Maybe the scratches are from him itching or the brush and not Nancy?? I know I am probably grasping at straws in hopes Nancy will be found alive and he is innocent.

Topsail Girl
07-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Yesterday many of the people searching wore long pants and shirts since we were going further into the woods and it was pouring so we chilled faster. Brad was spotted searching with the police and made a comment he was being eaten up with possible poison ivy. He was itching all over. Maybe the scratches are from him itching or the brush and not Nancy?? I know I am probably grasping at straws in hopes Nancy will be found alive and he is innocent.

You are right. I never even considered that. It could have come from one or both scenarios. Thanks for sharing that thought process! :)

Pepper
07-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Or maybe the itching is to cover up the scratches that were seen on his arms?

fran
07-15-2008, 03:08 PM
To our newest Webslueth members, WELCOME!

To friends of Nancy, a 'special' WELCOME and we're sorry for the pain you feel now. Whether the person found is Nancy or not, she's missing and we can understand you feel a great deal of anxiety. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as well as Nancy and her family.

I realize we come off kind of blunt, but that's what we do here. We see so many of these cases, it honestly breaks all our hearts. But we also know the signs and MO's. So often a 'perp' will think he's more clever than all those before him and most importantly, smarter than LE. But, in all honestly, they're almost like an open book. They may change the 'order,' but they all seem to do the same sort of things.

I know we don't know that the husband did this, or that it's even Nancy at all. But believe me when I say that so often we individually pray that it's not the husband. It's too heartbreaking, even for us. As a matter of fact, many of us cheer when we're proven wrong! LOL, except with the run-away bride! :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for all the new members joining and for some of the insight of the local area etc. Hope you all will stay for awhile.

I guess now all we can do is wait for the 5:00 presser and pray until then that it's not Nancy and ........................well, I guess that's all, because like others have said, that's someone's wife, mother, or daughter.....

fran

Snowlover77
07-15-2008, 03:22 PM
To our newest Webslueth members, WELCOME!

To friends of Nancy, a 'special' WELCOME and we're sorry for the pain you feel now. Whether the person found is Nancy or not, she's missing and we can understand you feel a great deal of anxiety. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as well as Nancy and her family.

I realize we come off kind of blunt, but that's what we do here. We see so many of these cases, it honestly breaks all our hearts. But we also know the signs and MO's. So often a 'perp' will think he's more clever than all those before him and most importantly, smarter than LE. But, in all honestly, they're almost like an open book. They may change the 'order,' but they all seem to do the same sort of things.

I know we don't know that the husband did this, or that it's even Nancy at all. But believe me when I say that so often we individually pray that it's not the husband. It's too heartbreaking, even for us. As a matter of fact, many of us cheer when we're proven wrong! LOL, except with the run-away bride! :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for all the new members joining and for some of the insight of the local area etc. Hope you all will stay for awhile.

I guess now all we can do is wait for the 5:00 presser and pray until then that it's not Nancy and ........................well, I guess that's all, because like others have said, that's someone's wife, mother, or daughter.....

fran
Fran, You echo my sentiments exactly. Unfortunately we have seen so very many of these types of cases and sadly they will continue until the end of time. The only thing we can do is pray for Nancy and her family, and if sadly it is her then we can pray for justice to be served to the perp. I am lifting Nancy and her family up in prayer at this moment.

wufdude
07-15-2008, 03:55 PM
I posted a little bit on the Michelle Young since I live close-by. I'm also only about 6 miles from Lochmere.

I'm a traffic engineer and for those that have commented about the cameras potentially being able to sget an image his car, this may be the case. However, footage from most of the cameras that are set up for monitoring traffic do not actually keep a recording of the footage. Rather, they are used in the real-time to monitor for traffic congestion, incidents, etc. This may or may not be the case for this camera in particular.

Anyone considered that Nancy possibly had some kind of medical condition [heart attack, asthma attack, etc.] and simply passed out/died where her body was found? [This obviously assumes that the body is hers.] I'm inclined to think this is likely not the case since it does not appear that this would have been a normal running trail however just another scenario to throw out.

NancyFriend
07-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Fran, thank you for the sentiments. I have found this site to be extremely informative and y'all have passed on some very helpful tips, which I appreciate. It also has been wonderful to get up-to-the-minute press info summarized and linked here. I have printed out the advice to help me talk to my kids, if it needs to be done. I also bookmarked the book recommendation.

My wife and I are now headed to be with others in the community to listen to the press conference. I can't really put into words what I'm feeling right now, but it does offer me comfort that people across the country are offering their thoughts and prayers.

PandaJ
07-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Fran, thank you for the sentiments. I have found this site to be extremely informative and y'all have passed on some very helpful tips, which I appreciate. It also has been wonderful to get up-to-the-minute press info summarized and linked here. I have printed out the advice to help me talk to my kids, if it needs to be done. I also bookmarked the book recommendation.

My wife and I are now headed to be with others in the community to listen to the press conference. I can't really put into words what I'm feeling right now, but it does offer me comfort that people across the country are offering their thoughts and prayers.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends and family as well, NancyFriend.

christine2448
07-15-2008, 04:10 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends and family as well, NancyFriend.

We are all with you in spirit NancyFriend. :blowkiss:

Topsail Girl
07-15-2008, 04:11 PM

We are all truly hoping for a good outcome in this case. Stay strong and we'll be here no matter what to talk to you and help you through.

momto3kids
07-15-2008, 04:23 PM
wufdude....I mentioned the cameras in high hopes that some footage could seal the deal on time and possibly who passed thru at certain hours. I know WRAL has a camera at Cary Pkwy&Holly Springs, Tryon&Cary Pkwy, and Tryon& Kildaire Farm. These are 3 intersections that are possible that were used. If these cameras don't help, maybe this person ran a red light and got that light to go off. My daughter got a red light ticket and there is absolutely no denying the footage they obtain.

wufdude
07-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes, the red light cameras take a photo of a vehicle as it passes through the intersection when it has a red signal.

The cameras that WRAL use for real-time coverage typically do not record the footage thus, they may not be of any use in trying to pinpoint the time that a vehicles may pass through the intersection. I may be wrong on this at this particular intersection and it would be a tremendous tool if so.

fran
07-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Although footage of 'our' POI driving through an intersection at a specific time to pinpoint his purchase of (allged cleaning supplies) milk, I believe there is most likely witnesses and maybe even footage of him at the store. At least that's kind of the implication I got from the person who told us about the store run.

THAT in itself, IF true, would be a HUGE piece of evidence against him! IMHO...who would go at 3:30 a.m. or 4:00 a.m. to buy CLEANING SUPPLIES?

Coincidence?

There is no coincidence when it comes to MURDER. That is, IF this is murder.

JMHO
fran

PS......Thank you wufdude and momto3kids for your first hand knowledge! fran

SuziQ
07-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Live link to presser. To start in five minutes:

http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/news/live_video.html

Taximom
07-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Those same red lights might have been flashing at that time of the morning. Still, there's a chance he was in a hurry (if he's involved) and went through a red light.

momto3kids
07-15-2008, 04:59 PM
I am the one that told of the store run. My intersection concept was that perhaps it would show the vehicle going to the point where the body was found and not the store run. The store is in direction of her home and the body in another direction. I understand the video was clear without a shadow of doubt to what was purchased at the store.

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 05:03 PM
The other live link didn't work for me, but this one does: http://www.wral.com/news/video/3211708/

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Nancy's family is present. It is confirmed it is Nancy Cooper's body and she was murdered.

momto3kids
07-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Husband NOT present.....

Taximom
07-15-2008, 05:05 PM
It's her. :( She was murdered. Husband wasn't mentioned at all in her thanks to family members. Her brother is speaking now. This reminds me so much of Laci's news conference with her brother. :mad: :(

RIP, Nancy. God bless her family and especially her sweet daughters.

Taximom
07-15-2008, 05:08 PM
The husband was going to be there but at the last minute "declined". He's probably watching the children or using that as an excuse (IMO).

caroline
I wonder why he would decline?

SuziQ
Husband was supposed to be a presser but declined at the last moment.

caroline
07-15-2008, 05:09 PM
and no search warrants have been issued.

Sandybeaches
07-15-2008, 05:12 PM
The spokeswoman said that Brad Cooper was to be there and declined at the last moment.

I don't know about you, but my hinky meter is going off big time.

No POI at this time but this wasn't a random act of violence.

caroline
07-15-2008, 05:14 PM
I am reading "between the lines" and what is not being said is as important as what is being said.

The police are being very careful with the husband.

IdahoMom
07-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Poor Nancy. :( This is so sad.

luckyme
yep and hes been under surveilance since day one. he knows they are onto him jmo

SuziQ
whoa, radio station from Canada is reading here!

PandaJ
This is so sad. I was so hoping that it wouldn't be her.

Thoughts and prayers for Nancy and all her loved ones.

SuziQ
Reporter had asked about the store visit at 4am.

SeriouslySearching
Wow...a reporter from Alberta, Canada just mentioned what was said on WS by Mom! We know that we believe Mom about the detergent/bleach purchase. They won't dispute the report. (Thanks, Mom! Nice to be "one up" on the media for a change.)

Taximom
Her parents are giving a lot away with their body language, IMO.

SuziQ
07-15-2008, 05:16 PM
and the reporter mentioned reading it on webboard discussion.

luckyme
07-15-2008, 05:17 PM

I think they have had conversations with police. I hope the children are not with him.

caroline
other than the husband. They may not be safe with him.

SuziQ

Nancy's mother is so heartbroken. I feel so badly for everyone involved in this.

IdahoMom
07-15-2008, 05:18 PM

I agree, Taxi. Especially her Dad.

PrayersForMaura
wow, this breaks my heart. Those poor children and her twin sister and her parents :(

Taximom
Another update scheduled for 9 a.m. tomorrow. Hmmmmm.....maybe they'll have an arrest to report.

PandaJ
07-15-2008, 05:19 PM

sorry to be a pain, can you describe what you mean? I'm at work and can't see.
TIA!

luckyme
07-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Another update scheduled for 9 a.m. tomorrow. Hmmmmm.....maybe they'll have an arrest to report.

Wow i bet so. Thats really early! jmo

Taximom
07-15-2008, 05:20 PM
I think they have had conversations with police. I hope the children are not with him.

That thought scares me. We've seen what fathers can do to their children. He has nothing to lose if he's killed Nancy. I hope the children are protected by someone too.

Taximom
07-15-2008, 05:22 PM
sorry to be a pain, can you describe what you mean? I'm at work and can't see.
TIA!

When reporters asked about marital problems and whether Bradley had been to the store in the early morning hours, it seemed that Nancy's father was nodding "yes" while the woman (sorry didn't catch her title) giving the PC was saying that it was all part of the investigation and she couldn't answer those questions. This was just my opinion, though.

Carrington
07-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Is Nancy an American Citizen?

Taximom
07-15-2008, 05:23 PM
I believe they are from Canada, Carrington.

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Does anyone here honestly believe her husband is not involved after hearing that presser?

His absence speaks volumes. The question was asked about them having a car posted outside of his house and having him under surveillence since Saturday. LE said they did and also had a car with the rest of her family to serve them in any way needed. (Nice save!)

I do feel so sorry for her family. They seem to be still in shock and her parents are taking it very hard. I thought the brother did a good job under the circumstances, but I could hear the quiver in his voice. I can't imagine how they must be feeling about her husband at the moment. I am sure they have so many unanswered questions they would like to put to him now.

luckyme
07-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Does anyone here honestly believe her husband is not involved after hearing that presser?

His absence speaks volumes. The question was asked about them having a car posted outside of his house and having him under surveillence since Saturday. LE said they did and also had a car with the rest of her family to serve them in any way needed. (Nice save!)

I caught that! I think its only a matter of time! They have been following him all along! jmo

Carrington
07-15-2008, 05:25 PM
I believe they are from Canada, Carrington.

Yes, but I was wondering if she became an American citizen while living here....
Is her husband also from Canada?

SuziQ
07-15-2008, 05:26 PM
When reporters asked about marital problems and whether Bradley had been to the store in the early morning hours, it seemed that Nancy's father was nodding "yes" while the woman (sorry didn't catch her title) giving the PC was saying that it was all part of the investigation and she couldn't answer those questions. This was just my opinion, though.

Interesting

luckyme
07-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Yes, but I was wondering if she became an American citizen while living here....

Wow! Has anyone heard anything from his family? I havent unless i missed it!

luckyme
07-15-2008, 05:29 PM
I really dont think she was in her jogging clothes! They declined to comment on what she was wearing! jmo

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Not to my knowledge, Luckyme. I haven't seen anything in the articles I have read, but they could have been mentioned on one of the local stations.

Carrington
The Chief said her husband (Brad?) was devastated.

Taximom

Oh, I'm sorry. I read somewhere "they moved from Canada" so I'm assuming they both were from Canada but not sure if they are legally U.S. citizens.

Taximom
07-15-2008, 05:32 PM

Hmph. I'll be eating my hat if he is innocent of this murder.

joanofarc
07-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Body found in U.S. may be former Edmontonian

Elise Stolte, edmontonjournal.com

Published: Tuesday, July 15, 2008
EDMONTON - Investigators in North Carolina are trying to identify a body they believe may be that of missing former Edmonton woman.
Nancy Cooper, 34, went missing early Saturday morning, said police with the town of Cary. Her husband Brad Cooper told police he last saw her when she left her home to go running.
A weekend search was called off when a body was found floating in a pond surrounding a storm sewer Monday evening.

[/URL]
"We're waiting for the medical examiner to identify the body," said Cary police spokeswoman Deanna Boone.
Nancy Cooper moved from Edmonton to North Carolina with her husband eight years ago. They have two daughters, ages four and one.

[URL]http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/story.html?id=437f22b0-c76d-41cf-a548-24da47e76a26 (javascript:void window.open('/components/email.aspx?id=437f22b0-c76d-41cf-a548-24da47e76a26&referrer=http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/story.html?id=437f22b0-c76d-41cf-a548-24da47e76a26&sponsor=', '', 'width=450,height=410,location=no,toolbar=no,menub ar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=no'))

SeriouslySearching
Brad just needs to step up to the plate and come clean. Save everyone the pain of going through this any further. If he was any kind of man before, he should be a man about what happened and tell them the truth. It won't go easier on him, but it is the right thing to do for their children and Nancy's family.

Blink34

Nancy- I know exactly where you are emotionally, but I can assure you no-one here feels Nancy deserves ANY blame, nor does any other murdered person. I think we are just collectively wishing aloud that there was some magic x on a man's forehead that may be capable of this so it would stop. We are ONLY here to be constructive and to support, and hopefully in some measure bring awareness to save the next Nancy Cooper and the pain her babies and family will bear.
God Bless.

PrayersForMaura
07-15-2008, 05:35 PM
can you imagine what her family must be thinking of her husband. I just remember Laci's mom wanting to rip Scott apart.

murdershewrote
07-15-2008, 05:35 PM
My prayers and sympathy go out to Nancy's family, her two gorgeous children, and all her friends.

It's not taking me a whole lot of time to figure out who did it.

momto3kids
07-15-2008, 05:36 PM
I have to admit I was absolutely shocked when the store came into question. The chief had a look of shock that there was knowledge of it. I do not want to jepordize their investigation and hope I did not hinder it.

Blink34
07-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I read somewhere "they moved from Canada" so I'm assuming they both were from Canada but not sure if they are legally U.S. citizens.

I dont think under the new Homeland Security Act they could be yet, but could be in application. I actually thought that might delay her ID- not sure about that.

joanofarc
I have to admit I was absolutely shocked when the store came into question. The chief had a look of shock that there was knowledge of it. I do not want to jepordize their investigation and hope I did not hinder it.

Hi Mom:

Lots of reporters read WS...we are a "well known"...community

Prayers for the family....

PandaJ
can you imagine what her family must be thinking of her husband. I just remember Laci's mom wanting to rip Scott apart.

You know, I can't even begin to imagine....My parents LOVE my husband and trult treat him like a son. If he ever did anything horrible to me, I think they would go into shock.

HOpefully, Brad will be cleared, although I'm extremely suspicious of him.

jmo

luckyme
07-15-2008, 05:39 PM

Mom, I think they probally have enough to arrest him or close to it. They were probally holding that close to them. Im sure hes toast now that they have the video of him buying bleach and not milk! jmo

luckyme
07-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi Mom:

Lots of reporters read WS...we are a "well known"...community

Prayers for the family....

I posted on another board and the husband of a missing woman posted there too! Turns out hes the killer. Naomi Arnett :eek:

christine2448
07-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Nancy's family is present. It is confirmed it is Nancy Cooper's body and she was murdered.

:( :( :( Thanks for the updates. :( :( :(

((((((((((((((all involved))))))))))))

close_enough
07-15-2008, 05:44 PM

the only thing i heard about this, last night, is that Nancy was a "Canadian citizen"....

joanofarc
07-15-2008, 05:45 PM
I posted on another board and the husband of a missing woman posted there too! Turns out hes the killer. Naomi Arnett :eek:

In the past we've had many suspicious posters that have way too much "inside" information...even to the point of harrassing some members...it is creepy when you get private messages that don't stop...

close_enough
07-15-2008, 05:47 PM
and no search warrants have been issued.

can't remember where i heard/read it, but from what i understand, the husband gave LE the Okay to search the home, his car & something else....

PrayersForMaura
07-15-2008, 05:47 PM
http://news14.com/content/local_news/triangle/597397/jogger-s-body-found--murder-suspected/Default.aspx

ARY, N.C. -- A body found near Cary on Monday night is that of Nancy Cooper, the 34-year-old jogger who had been missing since Saturday. Police confirmed that she had been murdered.
Her body was found around 7:30 p.m. on the banks of a storm water pond off Fielding Drive just outside of Cary. It’s near an area where new homes are under construction.

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 05:48 PM
I have to admit I was absolutely shocked when the store came into question. The chief had a look of shock that there was knowledge of it. I do not want to jeapordize their investigation and hope I did not hinder it.You didn't. That kind of evidence is cut and dried. He can't lie his way out of it. You did nothing wrong in reporting it. The other evidence they have to be held close to the vest will be enough to verify he is or is not guilty of her murder. (She did look shocked tho! :eek: I must say I got a kick out of it.)

fran
07-15-2008, 05:49 PM

Sweety, don't worry about it. If it didn't come from you, it came from someone else. There are probably many people around town that are aware of that early morning visit to the store. People talk.

Just be aware though, that LE and media do read here. That's in part why, for me anyway, if a case hits too close to home, say someone I know or know someone related to a person involved in a case, or if someone I know could possibly be involved in the investigation, I usually steer clear of that particular case or thread. It's better for me anyway, to just say nothing.

The owner and mods at Websleuths, will also be the first to tell family and friends of victims or even possible POI, to steer clear of these sorts of sites. It can cause a lot of emotional distress if one is actually connected to a case. You saw how we throw out things here. It bounces off our backs because we're used to it and not emotionally involved in these cases on a first hand basis. We've actually lost some good previous posters, because a case came up that one of their family members were involved in. No, they weren't the perp, but their names came up in the discussion and the member didn't like what was being said. Feelings were hurt, etc.

Please don't stop participating in the discussion. We value your input. IF you know something you aren't sure should be said, then just keep it to yourself until you read it somewhere else, like in the main stream media. Then it's already out there and you won't have to worry about revealing something you shouldn't have.

Hope this helps,
fran

PS........In my heart, I knew it was Nancy, but darn! I was hoping it wasn't. I guess we can just now sit and wait and see what LE does. Sad, so, so, sad. :(fran

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Hmph. I'll be eating my hat if he is innocent of this murder.There won't be any hat eating on this one, I am afraid.

luckyme
07-15-2008, 05:53 PM
There won't be any hat eating on this one, I am afraid.

I agree! just so sad!

JDB
07-15-2008, 05:53 PM
ALl 2 things really quick.That set me thinking Brad did this
1 He works for Cisco and no mention of Cisco offering any part of the reward. Also Some one asked about Life Ins. I know that the ins for Cisco usally pays 2 times the amount
2 Some one there and answer. But the price of the house is telling me he was making good money and the House is big.:crazy:

momto3kids
07-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Now my hope is he saw this press conference and heard the question about the store and knows the authorities know he lied. Maybe this will make him fess up sooner???

luckyme
07-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Now my hope is he saw this press conference and heard the question about the store and knows the authorities know he lied. Maybe this will make him fess up sooner???

I just hope the kids are with somebody else!

PrayersForMaura
07-15-2008, 05:56 PM
I just hope the kids are with somebody else!

I read they were with someone else... let me find the quote...

PrayersForMaura
07-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Authorities declined to comment on reports that Brad Cooper had allegedly purchased bleach the night before his wife's disappearance.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=5378538&page=1

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 05:58 PM
I see no problem with people who are directly or indirectly related to any case being involved from the beginning as long as they understand what we do and how we go about figuring out cases. While we do not purposefully try to harm anyone, there are always people who are not comfortable with the way we discuss details and players. They would certainly hate the way LE discusses them!

I also see nothing wrong with releasing information on the case before the media or LE does. If it was something that ONLY LE should know...it would be different. However, a trip to the store for a purchase was done in public and seen by witnesses. This in itself makes it information which cannot be expected by LE to be exclusive. If a news organization knew it first...they would not wait to report it, imo. Mom did absolutely NOTHING wrong!

chicoliving
07-15-2008, 05:59 PM
~snip~

The police said Cooper was murdered and have begun surrounding the Coopers' home in Lochmere, a Cary subdivision, with crime scene tape.

Cary police chief Pat Bazemore said the department was confident it would solve the case, although it has not named a suspect or a person of interest in the case.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/1142058.html

PrayersForMaura
07-15-2008, 05:59 PM
oh shoot... they have been with him and with other family...

from the same link above:

The couple's two daughters, ages 2 and 4, have been staying with their father and family – Cooper's parents and identical sister, according to Boone.

When approached by an ABC News affiliate WTVD (http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/index)at his home Monday, Brad Cooper said that he had been searching "by the lake" for his wife. He declined to be interviewed on camera and ABCNews.com was unable to contact him.

PrayersForMaura
07-15-2008, 06:01 PM
"The wheel that is our family is missing a spoke. And while that wheel is now forever changed, it's incumbent on us to adapt so we may continue to spin," Cooper's brother, Jeff Rentz, said. "Nancy is a mother, a daughter and a sister, and that's how we'll keep her alive in our hearts."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3207944/

close_enough
07-15-2008, 06:03 PM
~snip~

The police said Cooper was murdered and have begun surrounding the Coopers' home in Lochmere, a Cary subdivision, with crime scene tape.

Cary police chief Pat Bazemore said the department was confident it would solve the case, although it has not named a suspect or a person of interest in the case.

thanks for the link, chico!.....

Bazemore acknowledged that the couple was having marital difficulties but declined to elaborate.

they were sure elaborating, last night, on Greta's show....a reporter said this couple were in the midst of a divorce, with custody of the children being a big problem....(along those lines)

SuziQ
07-15-2008, 06:03 PM
~snip~

thanks for the update!

luckyme
07-15-2008, 06:04 PM
~snip~

ugh! So she probally never went for a run! just my mind working!

close_enough
07-15-2008, 06:05 PM
ugh! So she probally never went for a run! just my mind working!

no, she probably didn't, lucky:(

Lucy's mom
07-15-2008, 06:05 PM
"The wheel that is our family is missing a spoke. And while that wheel is now forever changed, it's incumbent on us to adapt so we may continue to spin," Cooper's brother, Jeff Rentz, said. "Nancy is a mother, a daughter and a sister, and that's how we'll keep her alive in our hearts."

Interesting that he said "Nancy is a mother, a daughter and a sister, and that's how we'll keep her alive in our hearts." and excluded the wife part.

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Awww, this is such an innocent question. :( Maybe we need more information to be handed out to parents (searchers, friends, etc.) on how to answer questions when people go missing.

Brett Adam and other Cooper friends said they were dealing with how to explain the situation to their own children. Adam said that when he told his preschool-age son that Cooper was lost, the child asked, "Why doesn't she just turn around and come back?"

calidreamin
07-15-2008, 06:09 PM
can't remember where i heard/read it, but from what i understand, the husband gave LE the Okay to search the home, his car & something else....

This is so sad, I knew the body had to be hers but I was still praying it wasn't.

murdershewrote
07-15-2008, 06:09 PM
"Nancy is a mother, a daughter and a sister...

I notice her brother doesn't mention her being a wife.

calidreamin
07-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Awww, this is such an innocent question. :( Maybe we need more information out to parents on how to answer questions when people go missing.

Brett Adam and other Cooper friends said they were dealing with how to explain the situation to their own children. Adam said that when he told his preschool-age son that Cooper was lost, the child asked, "Why doesn't she just turn around and come back?"

This is terrible for the little ones. I mean how could it be explained so they could understand it?

Taximom
07-15-2008, 06:11 PM
This might be Brad's LinkedIn profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/aa/472

calidreamin
07-15-2008, 06:12 PM

Good find TM:blowkiss:.

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 06:13 PM
This is terrible for the little ones. I mean how could it be explained so they could understand it?I am going to do some research on it and see what is available out there. I will start a thread on it in the top section of missing forum for information and support.

close_enough
07-15-2008, 06:13 PM

i'd say there's no doubt, TM.....i hope they arrest this POS within the next 24 hours....

Carrington
07-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Well, I wonder what this one researched on his computer.......

calidreamin
07-15-2008, 06:19 PM
I am going to do some research on it and see what is available out there. I will start a thread on it in the top section of missing forum for information and support.

Thank you SS I think it is important good information is out there.

Blink34
07-15-2008, 06:20 PM

I almost PM'd you when I saw that, and then I remember the advice someone on HERE once gave to me. It is what it is, everything happens for a reason even if you dont know what it is at the time.
And to be fair, LE did not do an adequate job protecting the integrity of that particular piece of evidence if ANYONE knew about it.

Personally, I have my torch lit and am ready to head up the mountain to Brad Coopers castle.. sorry, but honest

Blink34
07-15-2008, 06:24 PM
I am going to do some research on it and see what is available out there. I will start a thread on it in the top section of missing forum for information and support.

Your such a good soul, lady- we look forward to it. What a great idea.

audie
07-15-2008, 06:33 PM
I posted on another board and the husband of a missing woman posted there too! Turns out hes the killer. Naomi Arnett :eek:Same as Brandi Laurent's husband Leo. He posted there too.

luckyme
07-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Same as Brandi Laurent's husband Leo. He posted there too.

Hi audie!

kellis06
07-15-2008, 06:38 PM
What is a LinkedIn profile?

Busylady
07-15-2008, 06:38 PM
http://www.athlinks.com/racer/18014460/Brad-Cooper.aspx

He appears to be a runner also.

luckyme
07-15-2008, 06:41 PM

He appears to be a runner also.
good find!

kellis06
07-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Hello All !! I am new o this forum but from what I have seen so far I love it. I hope I can be as informative and helpful to everyone as I have seen yu all are.
P.S. To all of the Cooper family: My prayers and thoughts are with you all and may God give you comfort in this terrible time.

luckyme
07-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Hello All !! I am new o this forum but from what I have seen so far I love it. I hope I can be as informative and helpful to everyone as I have seen yu all are.
P.S. To all of the Cooper family: My prayers and thoughts are with you all and may God give you comfort in this terrible time.

welcome!:)

MoonFlwr
07-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Wow...a reporter from Alberta, Canada just mentioned what was said on WS by Mom! We know that we believe Mom about the detergent/bleach purchase. They won't dispute the report. (Thanks, Mom! Nice to be "one up" on the media for a change.)

Woo!

The reporter from CBC Radio in Alberta, Canada said,
"There are some reports online, on certain web-boards, indicating......"!

It seems these crime forums ARE read by media etc. Of course, many people allude to this fact, but this is the first time I have actually heard a question/comment by the media pointing directly to a 'web-board'.

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Your such a good soul, lady- we look forward to it. What a great idea.Thanks, Blink. See a need and try to fill it!

What I am not finding is a great deal of information out there ready to give to children in such situations tho. I will keep researching materials.

Welcome to WS, Kellis!

christine2448
07-15-2008, 07:00 PM

Awesome. IIUC you mean like resources for this? Like in BB forum for those that have been abused? I will sticky if so :D

MoonFlwr
07-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Ok, so there will be another press conference at 9 am tomorrow morning, according to the Chief of Police who held today's.

christine2448
07-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Woo!

The reporter from CBC Radio in Alberta, Canada said,
"There are some reports online, on certain web-boards, indicating......"!

It seems these crime forums ARE read by media etc. Of course, many people allude to this fact, but this is the first time I have actually heard a question/comment by the media pointing directly to a 'web-board'.

Are you kidding me??? (not in a mean way, I just get excited) WS has been mentioned many times. As a 'crime forum' to 'the websleuthing community' to them saying/printing our name.

I have watched reporters read word for word from our AWESOME :blowkiss: posters.... a many a time!

I have seen many posters get stories discussed here in the news, on AMW, in newspapers.

You are all making a difference! That is why we work so hard to keep the 'chatter/bickering' down on the cases. LE, reporters, prosecutors, DA's, criminals, attorneys, producers, they read here....it's a fact jack. :D

concernedperson
07-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Are you kidding me??? WS has been mentioned many times. As a crime forum to them saying/printing our name.

I have watched reporters read word for word from our AWESOME :blowkiss: posters.... a many a time!

I have seen many posters get stories discussed here in the news, on AMW, in newspapers.

You are all making a difference! That is why we work so hard to keep the 'chatter/bickering' down on the cases. LE, reporters, prosecutors, DA's, criminals, attorneys, producers, they read here....it's a fact jack. :D

I agree. I even heard on national tv the other night something I said being quoted by LE. I was pretty impressed as this was a cold case.

christine2448
07-15-2008, 07:12 PM
:woohoo:I agree. I even heard on national tv the other night something I said being quoted by LE. I was pretty impressed as this was a cold case.:woohoo:

OT OT OT

Awesome! What case? LOL! Tara?? You have worked w/LE in this case, perfect example....TY for all you have done for Tara!

Just the Fax
07-15-2008, 07:15 PM

Keep in mind, the cops are being Brad's bud so he continues to talk.
If they tip their hand, he lawyers up.

Also, the chief said they have not named a suspect or person of interest.
Just ask Jason Young what that means. :waitasec:

christine2448
07-15-2008, 07:16 PM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2383496#post2383496 << I put it here and would love a sticky please! We are overlooking the children of missing parents, the searchers' children, and others involved when a person goes missing and/or is found deceased. Thank you! (Still researching for books, pamphlets, and other resources..just about have decided to create one of my own!)

Fantastic! Great idea! It's 'STUCK'...thank you SS for doing this for our members/visitors.

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 07:18 PM

Thanks, Busy!

It is a good thing that LE has been staking out his place. He has no chance to take off. I wish more LE would follow their lead around the country. It was very smart of them! (If only BBPD had done the same with DP, we might know what happened to Stacy!)

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 07:29 PM
www.wral.com reports they have served a search warrant and are conducting a search...but it won't give me the story link yet.

Cary police were also executing a search warrant at Nancy and Brad Cooper's home Tuesday evening. Meanwhile, her family likens their loss to a wheel that is missing a spoke.

fran
07-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Brother doesn't mentions that Nancy was a 'wife.'

LE tells the public they're not in danger

LE says this is NOT a 'random act.'

Search Warrant being served.:eek:

Husband not at press conference.

Where is a GOOD up to date picture of Brad Cooper?:waitasec:

JMHO
fran

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 07:54 PM
You left out a few other things, Fran!

Reasons to suspect Brad Cooper could become Suspect #1:

* Didn't call LE when she went missing.
* Bought detergent with bleach at 4:00 am.
* Has scratches on arms.
* Didn't go out on initial searches.
* Last person to have seen Nancy.
* Admits marital problems, but not that she wanted a divorce.

Photo (mugshot) will follow soon.

philamena
07-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks, Philamena. (Now can you go back and delete my quoted post out of respect for NancyFriend?:blowkiss: Please!!)

Sorry I'm so late. I will edit it now. :blowkiss:

luckyme
07-15-2008, 07:57 PM

* Has scratches on arms.
* Admits marital problems, but not she wanted a divorce.

and he didnt show up at last press conference today at 5:00 pm. Her family who is also distraught was there.:mad:
jmo quite telling in my eyes! JMO

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Yes, Fran listed that one. It is quite interesting that he decided at the last minute to decline going to the press conference. Of course, he is devastated. His world has just gotten thrown right under the microscope.

PandaJ
07-15-2008, 08:03 PM
NG covering it now...

panthera
07-15-2008, 08:05 PM
I just got home and saw the sad news ~ :rose::rose:

panthera
07-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Update from wral.com ~

Body identified as missing Cary mom

Just the Fax
07-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Good recovery by the chief.
We have a police car following Brad everywhere.......but....we try to be assistance to the family. We are with Nancy's parents to offer anything they need.

Yea right.

panthera
07-15-2008, 08:09 PM

* Has scratches on arms.
* Admits marital problems, but not that she wanted a divorce.

Photo (mugshot) will follow soon.
Hi SS! :) I'm so sorry, I'm behind and just trying to catch up ~ when did we find out about him buying detergent at 4am and about the scratches on his arms? Was this at a news conference?

citygirl
07-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Catching up on another very sad case.
WS is such a nice place to visit; no bickering, sarcasm, snide remarks, just honest posters keeping the facts straight.
I don't have access to the pressies and appreciate your updates.
Sadly, I think another young husband may have ruined MANY lives.
JMO Citygirl

SeriouslySearching
07-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Let me find the post for you...but the shopping trip was a WS exclusive which actually made the presser from a reporter in Alberta, Canada!! Redacted statement When asked, the Chief was surprised, but could not deny or confirm it. (It was great!)

PandaJ
07-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Good recovery by the chief.
We have a police car following Brad everywhere.......but....we try to be assistance to the family. We are with Nancy's parents to offer anything they need.

Yea right.

ITA! Thank god they seem to be watching his every move (if he in fact turns out to be the POS that did this, of course).

jmo

christine2448
The chat room is open if anyone is interested in chatting about this case! Come in anytime you all want to talk real time! Open even if a mod is not present--just behave ok?

http://www.stormdancing.net/network/java/chat1.html

put your nick in the top space, then type websleuths in the place for channel.

panthera
Catching up on another very sad case.
WS is such a nice place to visit; no bickering, sarcasm, snide remarks, just honest posters keeping the facts straight.
I don't have access to the pressies and appreciate your updates.
Sadly, I think another young husband may have ruined MANY lives.
JMO Citygirl
Hi! :seeya: I'm afraid I have to agree with you about the husband. I just don't see this being committed by a stranger especially with LE telling the public they don't have to fear.

Taximom
07-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Brother doesn't mentions that Nancy was a 'wife.'

LE tells the public they're not in danger

LE says this is NOT a 'random act.'

Search Warrant being served.:eek:

Husband not at press conference.

Where is a GOOD up to date picture of Brad Cooper?:waitasec:

JMHO
fran

Earlier someone, sorry I forgot who, posted a news website that had photos of the family and he was in at least one...maybe two.

christine2448
07-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Please continue discussions here. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2383789#post2383789)