PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #5

Pages : 1 [2]

jilly
07-17-2008, 10:55 PM
It would depend on her "citizenship status" whether it was on Visa or if she had applied for citizenship, I feel like she was resolved for at least the interim, she was going to have to be in NC long enough to get the legalities over with.

Thanks for that Blink!:) I would bet you're right about her staying there long enough.

SeriouslySearching
07-17-2008, 10:57 PM
To NancyFriend~ My condolences go out to all who knew and loved Nancy. Her family and friends continue to enlighten the world as to what a lovely woman and mother she was. I see everyone's eyes light up, in spite of the sadness and tears, when people speak of her. It tells me she left quite a wonderful legacy for her children.

Taking advantage of the grief counseling and outreach is a wise idea for everyone, especially for the children. It is never easy to deal with a death of a loved one, but to deal with one such as this is beyond what anyone should have to endure. A tragic end which is so senseless and sudden shakes a community to the core. Coming together for support and comfort is the best thing for everyone. Bless you all.

And thank you for the nice things you said about our work here.

happy2bn10ec
07-17-2008, 11:03 PM
I agree with you about sealing the deal but only for the ex parte order imo. At the full custody hearing, I believe the grandparents are going to have to provide proof that he is mentally unstable and not merely heresay which appears to be the case at this point.

I have been following the Michelle Young case and I've learned that grandparents have no visitation rights in NC let alone custody. The defendant will surely try to hold the Court to this by citing the law and case authorities.

If Brad did murder Nancy, I hope he will be charged prior to the custody hearing.

I think the TN laws concerning grandparents' rights are very similar to NC. Grandparents have NO rights - but (O/T) I petitioned the court for emergency temporary custody of my grandson and was awarded custody after a three-day waiting period to allow the biological parents to appear in court (and they DID have notice) to dispute. They did not appear for the court hearing and therefore waived their rights. I think this husband had the same opportunity and did not fight it (although I am not sure about this fact), but it seems to me tha the could have fought it if he wanted to.

He does already have an attorney, right?

And btw, we were never pressed for a full custody hearing, by anyone, and adopted several years later.

SO I have to wonder, why he didn't (apparently) fight this?

momto3kids
07-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Does this Carrie exist?? I will explain. I am not sure what the verdict was on this.

raisincharlie
07-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Does this Carrie exist?? I will explain. I am not sure what the verdict was on this.

Dunno if Carrie exists or not. But if she does, LE have more than likely found her and have done some serious interviewing.

maconrich
07-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Good Luck for Mr. Certified Cisco wizard, Triathlete, Lance Armstrong wannabe financial forensic planner mounting an insanity defense.

I do believe you've given him the perfect name ;)

Jovin
07-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Yes it was extended. I think that happened this past January....not sure. You can still use your dl or bc.
You do need a passport now for travelling by air or sea.

I live near the border and frequently drive across to shop. I have a Nexus card. That way I get to zoom through in the express lane instead of having to wait in the 2-3 hr line-ups.
This Nexus card applies to land, sea and air travel. As well as giving my fingerprints they took a photograph of my irises. When travelling by air, when you land, instead of going in the long lineup for customs, they have a special Nexus kiosk and you check in there with your irises :) I haven't tried it yet - kind of nervous!:crazy:

Dear Canadian friend of mine, and mother of that cute little PEPPURR!

http://i36.tinypic.com/34ru3ko.gif http://i38.tinypic.com/28ires9.gif

I know what you mean. I live on the border, as you know, in Niagara Falls Ontario and I often go over the river. I DID get a passport when we thought it was coming down to the deadline, but they keep extending it. Now I have a passport and NO PLACE TO GO, of course, unless you consider a trip over the river (to Niagara Falls NY) a vacation.
http://i37.tinypic.com/o7uijl.gif

So...you can still cross with a birth certificate and other photo ID, as it stands now.

http://i33.tinypic.com/ja82kw.jpghttp://i35.tinypic.com/5v2ann.gif

Taximom
07-17-2008, 11:21 PM
It's quite possible that he took someone else with him to act as her when the papers needed signing. That certainly wouldn't be a first.

Yeah, I've known that to happen.

This whole thing begs the question: What happened to the money? $55K is a lot of money to most of us, I would think.

I wonder if she was tricked into signing for the money somehow. For example, she was told they would purchase rental property for an investment, and he did something else with the money.

SeriouslySearching
07-17-2008, 11:22 PM
There have been some great posts today! I think everyone's hearts seem to have been lightened a bit knowing the grandparents and aunt have the children. I know I felt better knowing they are safe and being surrounded with such love.

I don't know where to begin again...so I guess I will just jump in here. As long as LE has Brad in their sites 24/7 and he doesn't have the children, they can concentrate on exposing his life for what it really is and not the sham life he created. I have a feeling that his past will turn up some ugly realities with what Calgary's experience with him tells us. Every sordid detail of his life needs to be scrutinized to follow his path up until the very second he decided to destroy so many people. He reads like a cheap novel in a leather cover, imo.

OT: Jovin, are you following me around taking snapshots of me for those things you keep posting? :) Please remember to capture my good side.

Blink34
07-17-2008, 11:27 PM
To NancyFriend~ My condolences go out to all who knew and loved Nancy. Her family and friends continue to enlighten the world as to what a lovely woman and mother she was. I see everyone's eyes light up, in spite of the sadness and tears, when people speak of her. It tells me she left quite a wonderful legacy for her children.

Taking advantage of the grief counseling and outreach is a wise idea for everyone, especially for the children. It is never easy to deal with a death of a loved one, but to deal with one such as this is beyond what anyone should have to endure. A tragic end which is so senseless and sudden shakes a community to the core. Coming together for support and comfort is the best thing for everyone. Bless you all.

And thank you for the nice things you said about our work here.
There's our girl, long day without your voice of reason.

jilly
07-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Everything is moving so fast I'm having trouble keeping up, LOL

To NancyFriend:

We realize this is a trying time for Nancy's friends, as well as her family. It's good to see there are therapists and counselors available to those that are in need. This must be a terrible burden to deal with. Especially when there are children involved.

It's nice there are going to be vigils and rememberances of Nancy. She deserves that. This will also help the local residents to grieve, celebrate Nancy's life, and heal. The fund to help Nancy's two precious babies sounds like a wonderful idea as well. I'm sure it will be sincerely appreciated.

Please know, that although we never knew Nancy or anyone involved, we each care about the victims, the families, and the friends. Each horrifying crime such as this, brings us together, again and again and again. Some may not believe me when I say, that although I enjoy chatting with posters here, I am sick of these same cases appearing on our nightly news, over and over and over. It's heartbreaking, truly it is.

So often we all know the 'end,' before we get to the final chapter. But each time we pray we're wrong this time. Each time we find out we're NOT wrong, many of us weep. Tears for the victims, the many lost souls and their precious little ones left behind, as well as their families and friends, that quite often are shell shocked at the monster that was hiding behind that closed door. They never knew, the victim didn't know, maybe even the eventual person arrested didn't know he had this evil within himself.

Bless you and take care. I'll pray to give you strength and wisdom to make it through these next couple of days of heartache. Hold your family close and give your little ones an extra hug and kiss. I'm sure they'll appreciate it at this time.

fran

Well said Fran!:clap:It bears repeating.

Nancyfriend - My thoughts and prayers are with all of you now too!:blowkiss:

Busylady
07-17-2008, 11:30 PM
IIRC Nancys friend Adams said she knew of Carrie but didnt know her phone number. when BC called her asking about Carrie.

SeriouslySearching
07-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Does this Carrie exist?? I will explain. I am not sure what the verdict was on this.If I recall correctly, Brad threw the name out there to Jessica. She did recognize the name, but only in passing from Nancy and had no contact information for her.

I believe it was a name that Brad pulled out of his @ss under the circumstances. He probably knew that Jessica did not know her. (Never ask a question you don't already know the answer to when you are trying to cover up a murder kind of thing.)

Blink34
07-17-2008, 11:36 PM
If I recall correctly, Brad threw the name out there to Jessica. She did recognize the name, but only in passing from Nancy and had no contact information for her.

I believe it was a name that Brad pulled out of his @ss under the circumstances. He probably knew that Jessica did not know her. (Never ask a question you don't already know the answer to when you are trying to cover up a murder kind of thing.)

SS, know you just got on, Jessica has acknowledged knowing of her previously, just not meeting her. I think/we discussed that when Jessica asked Brad for the contact info is when that unspoken moment of "YOur full of *****, I know what your up to what did you do to her, you SOB-
thus why she called the police.

SeriouslySearching
07-17-2008, 11:36 PM
There's our girl, long day without your voice of reason.Awww, thanks! I missed being here, but real life had to steal me away yet again from my life of being a WSer. (Good thing this site isn't called Blogsleuths or BSers for short!)

Blink34
07-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Awww, thanks! I missed being here, but real life had to steal me away yet again from my life of being a WSer. (Good thing this site isn't called Blogsleuths or BSers for short!)

right, I tell my kids to schedule their needs more appropriately for Mommy's diligence but they wont budge!!

SeriouslySearching
07-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Yes, I agree, Blink! She saw right through him, didn't she? Good for Jessica being intelligent and as intuitive as she is. While it was too late for Nancy, it wasn't too late to get things started and not give him more time to cover his tracks. Bravo!

cinsbythesea
07-17-2008, 11:38 PM
I heard from my friend who lives 1 mile from where Nancy lived in Cary. She said she has spoken to friends of Nancy's friends (so still heresay) and they have pretty much confirmed Brad was definitely having an affair, that her friends knew about it. She says everyone in their community thinks the husband killed her. She did say police there are being very careful about info they let out and everyone feels it's because they are building a case against BC.

Not anything earth-shattering or new info, but just interesting to hear someone's take on it that is right there.

This is so sad. I get so tired of reading about these men who so callously decide to get rid of their wives/girlfriends because of pending money because of potential divorce or pregnancy issues. Sickening. Just sickening. My heart is heavy over the loss of Nancy and for her two beautiful daughters who will not know their mother's love.

SeriouslySearching
07-17-2008, 11:40 PM
It's quite possible that he took someone else with him to act as her when the papers needed signing. That certainly wouldn't be a first.True. He could also pay a hefty amount to a crooked notary to verify that signature without anyone, too. I am sure that LE will have handwriting experts look at anything she could have signed regarding finances in the past few months.

cheko1
07-17-2008, 11:41 PM
You must also realize these are the feelings of the family. It's time now for LE to substantiate what "information" this is based on. In-laws never take too kindly to the man/woman that are causing their child pain in a divorce. Couple that with the fact that their daughter has been killed, I can't even imagine what they must be feeling towards this man. My prayers are with Nancy and her family.

Very true RR!
I'm so proud of Nancy's family for standing up to this creep! The first time I seen her family on TV I thought they look like such sweet, nice people how will they be able to cope???

For them to know what a hateful scum he was to Nancy & the girls must of been very hard on them. I am so glad they have got custody of the girls for now. By the time the court date comes around maybe BC will be under arrest.

SeriouslySearching
07-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Has anyone checked out the dating sites for Brad yet?

pjop
07-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Good Luck for Mr. Certified Cisco wizard, Triathlete, Lance Armstrong wannabe financial forensic planner mounting an insanity defense.

Ha! His MBA will come in handy....Murderous B@stard.....Allegedly.
IMOO.

Taximom
07-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Has anyone checked out the dating sites for Brad yet?

I said a few threads back that I just couldn't do it this time. I bet he's out there though!

SeriouslySearching
07-18-2008, 12:10 AM
Ha! His MBA will come in handy....Murderous B@stard.....Allegedly.
IMOO.LOL I have a feeling before this case is over...we will have called him every name in the book...and even made a few up of our own! (COB, for instance!)

SeriouslySearching
07-18-2008, 12:11 AM
I said a few threads back that I just couldn't do it this time. I bet he's out there though!With his ego, it wouldn't surprise me. Think Bobby Cutts, Jr. in the (gag me) towel.

Blink34
07-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Yes, I agree, Blink! She saw right through him, didn't she? Good for Jessica being intelligent and as intuitive as she is. While it was too late for Nancy, it wasn't too late to get things started and not give him more time to cover his tracks. Bravo!

True dat y'all- She may be responsible for insuring his prosecution. She definately was responsible for them finding her body as quickly as they did. I want her to be my friend.

jilly
07-18-2008, 12:13 AM
I think the TN laws concerning grandparents' rights are very similar to NC. Grandparents have NO rights - but (O/T) I petitioned the court for emergency temporary custody of my grandson and was awarded custody after a three-day waiting period to allow the biological parents to appear in court (and they DID have notice) to dispute. They did not appear for the court hearing and therefore waived their rights. I think this husband had the same opportunity and did not fight it (although I am not sure about this fact), but it seems to me tha the could have fought it if he wanted to.

He does already have an attorney, right?

And btw, we were never pressed for a full custody hearing, by anyone, and adopted several years later.

SO I have to wonder, why he didn't (apparently) fight this?

We only know about the criminal attorney he has, happy.

So did you end up with a Temporary custody order or (Permanent) Order for custody after those 3 days?

If I understand this correctly, It sounds to me like you did make an ex parte application for temporary custody and he granted that with the provision that the parents be served giving them 3 days notice to respond. Since they did not respond, maybe he made it into a permanent custody order? If it was a Temporary Order that you ended up with, perhaps it was stated on the Order that it would remain in force & effect unless otherwise ordered by the Court which eliminated the need for you to return to Court.

In any event, Blink has stated that the procedure differs State to State.
As I understand it, in the Cooper case, the date of July 25th has been set for Brad to contest this.

SeriouslySearching
07-18-2008, 12:15 AM
True dat y'all- She may be responsible for insuring his prosecution. She definately was responsible for them finding her body as quickly as they did. I want her to be my friend.We all should have friends like her!

Taximom
07-18-2008, 12:18 AM
With his ego, it wouldn't surprise me. Think Bobby Cutts, Jr. in the (gag me) towel.

:doh: You had to remind me, didn't you?!

I have to apologize for my earlier comments suggesting Jessica Adams may have been having an affair with Brad. I am so happy Nancy had a good friend like her that was on top of things like she was. Her reaction to Nancy "missing" was exactly that of Stacy Peterson's sister when she couldn't reach her by cellphone. Lord knows how long Brad was going to keep it secret that Nancy was "missing". So anyway, my heartfelt apologies to Jessica Adams. :blowkiss:

jilly
07-18-2008, 12:20 AM
[SIZE="3"]Dear Canadian friend of mine, and mother of that cute little [COLOR="Green"]PEPPURR!

I know what you mean. I live on the border, as you know, in Niagara Falls Ontario and I often go over the river. I DID get a passport when we thought it was coming down to the deadline, but they keep extending it. Now I have a passport and NO PLACE TO GO, of course, unless you consider a trip over the river (to Niagara Falls NY) a vacation.
http://i37.tinypic.com/o7uijl.gif

So...you can still cross with a birth certificate and other photo ID, as it stands now. :thumb:

Yes! Fellow Canadian friend! :hug::canada:

Tell me about it....no place to go!! I went to Mexico in March and thought Oh Good - I can get a stamp in my new passport! They didn't even look at it!:cursing:

tarheelfan78
07-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Happy,
The law firm of Kurtz and Bloom does handle custody cases as well.

www.kurtzandbloom.com

momto3kids
07-18-2008, 12:23 AM
I don't know if this Carrie exists or not... but if she does, there is a chance it could be the Carrie I know. I have just picked myself up from the floor when it hit me like a lead balloon. There is a *Carrie* that lives several homes down from Nancy. She spells her name different, is older than Nancy, does not run, but her husband does and is frequently in triathlons and marathons. He is also posted on the athlinks site. He works for a large company in RTP. It could be Cisco, but I won't guess since I am not sure. They have children who could possibly be the babysitter. They have lived there as long as Nancy has. *Carrie* is a compassionate person who could've been a listening ear with the profession she is in. I have not spoken to her in awhile, and am sure she would not indulge in any information because she respects everyone's privacy. I will respect hers as well.

jilly
07-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Happy,

www.kurtzandbloom.com

That's good to know! He can just make the rounds in the office!:crazy:

cheko1
07-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Interesting speculation about the finances, I'd never think to do what you think he might have been doing. I always wished I was more financially savoy!

I was wondering what anyone thinks of this...the friend Jessie or Jessica said Nancy was going to help her paint, then she was going to help Nancy get organized, or organize her house, something like that. If she meant clean the house, ok, but was she helping Nancy to organize a move of some kind? The wording of it sounded sort of unusual to me.

If so, I can finally see why the next day she called 911 as soon as she hung up talking with Brad. So far I've had a bit of a problem with her calling just as soon as she heard Nancy 'hadn't come back from jogging'. But if the two of them conspired to finally help Nancy get out of there, like very soon, he quite possibly became violent at this time.

What do you think, Could this be why he allegedly murdered her early Sat am, so she couldn't 'organize' and leave?

I've been having a hard time catching up here tonight.
I also wondered about that......my thoughts were that possibly Nancy was VERY close to Jessica & she confided in her as to the status of her marriage. Maybe since returning from being with her family...she had noticed a big change in Brad....or was she suddenly fearful of him.

Could Nancy of been planning to sneak clothes out for her & the girls to leave for good? Using Jessica & painting as an alibi? I think the friend knows a whole lot more to this saga & just keeping quiet. Could Nancy of gotten so mad at Brad she told him & he freaked out killing her after the party.

Blink34
07-18-2008, 12:30 AM
I don't know if this Carrie exists or not... but if she does, there is a chance it could be the Carrie I know. I have just picked myself up from the floor when it hit me like a lead balloon. There is a *Carrie* that lives several homes down from Nancy. She spells her name different, is older than Nancy, does not run, but her husband does and is frequently in triathlons and marathons. He is also posted on the athlinks site. He works for a large company in RTP. It could be Cisco, but I won't guess since I am not sure. They have children who could possibly be the babysitter. They have lived there as long as Nancy has. *Carrie* is a compassionate person who could've been a listening ear with the profession she is in. I have not spoken to her in awhile, and am sure she would not indulge in any information because she respects everyone's privacy. I will respect hers as well.

Mom when you post I swear I feel like Im sitting next to you

philamena
07-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Anyone watch Greta tonight?
Not only did Nancy's parents request custody of the 2 girls, but they also sent a request to the judge to get the girls passports.
Nancy was sending the children to Canada to live with her sister.
Brad took the passports out of the car. :O

That confirmed for me that Brad killed his wife so she wouldn't get the kids, the house, nada.

jilly
07-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Happy,

www.kurtzandbloom.com

That's good to know! He can just make the rounds in the office!:crazy:

eta I was just thinking....the murdering spouses I've followed lately seem to hire counsel from Tharrington-Rose. I was half expecting Brad to do the same. I wonder if Nancy had sought/retained this firm about separation/divorce. Her parents have retained this firm for their application. Perhaps Brad couldn't because of it.

Blink34
07-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Not only did Nancy's parents request custody of the 2 girls, but they also sent a request to the judge to get the girls passports.

That confirmed for me that Brad killed his wife so she wouldn't get the kids, the house, nada.

did it say specifically the passports were in the car?

philamena
07-18-2008, 12:45 AM
IIRC, yes.

Blink34
07-18-2008, 12:46 AM
IIRC, yes.

In her car, sorry should have asked that-

Here's where Im going with that- If they were actually in her car, ie: her purse- this dude thought of EVERYTHING!! He will say "I never took their passports, she had them all the time..

philamena
07-18-2008, 12:47 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,384622,00.html

Nancy Cooper's parents, Garry and Donna Rentz, claimed Brad Cooper was having an affair when she was murdered and had belittled her in front of their two young daughters, according to the family's custody complaint filed Wednesday and cited by the Raleigh News & Observer

philamena
07-18-2008, 12:49 AM
The reporter also told Greta that Brad wouldn't give Nancy money and she had to borrow money from her parents several times to buy groceries. :(

From same link:

The complaint, characterized by investigators as a private matter, also alleges Brad Cooper withheld money from his wife, took the girls' passports to bar her from traveling to Canada, is emotionally unstable, threatened suicide in the last year and "poses a danger to the physical safety of the minor children."

OregonMommy
07-18-2008, 12:49 AM
I just joined this board - only because I have been following this particular case and my googling brought me to all of you.

I have learned so much from this site, and I have to say that I am impressed with the fact that all of the posters are so smart AND conscientious to boot.

Someone way back noticed that BC was a narcissist. I agree completely. I checked out his triathlete website and good God - it was all about him. I am a triathlete myself - I just do the sprint and olympic distances. I have three kids under 6, and there is NO WAY I could do more training for a longer distance....the ironman would require 5 times the training. I feel selfish as it is, when I am doing my training for my stuff......this guy must have been COMPLETELY selfish to be doing ironmans with 2 little ones, plus going thru marital turmoil.

Has there been any word on who this extramarital affair was with?

Celt
07-18-2008, 12:50 AM
did it say specifically the passports were in the car?

Which makes me wonder...was the party (she went to on Friday) a "going away" party?? does anyone know?

philamena
07-18-2008, 12:51 AM
In her car, sorry should have asked that-

Here's where Im going with that- If they were actually in her car, ie: her purse- this dude thought of EVERYTHING!! He will say "I never took their passports, she had them all the time..

The NC reporter who was on Greta said he took the girls passports from the car. The grandparents knew they were missing. I'd say Nancy had a loving supporting family who did everything they could to help the girls and their mommy. :(

jilly
07-18-2008, 12:52 AM
:bedtime:......well after Swingtown!:crazy: Before I go, I'd just like to especially thank Tigerlily and Nancyfriend for their posts today and of course everyone else for their excellent links and thoughts. I've learned a lot today!

Justice for Nancy:rose:

Blink34
07-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Welcome Oregon!! NO word other than speculation that it is a former friend/aquaintance of Nancy's and their circle seems to know her and about it for some time. Poor girl

Taximom
07-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Is there any possibility Nancy would have stayed at the home because of the old "possession is 9/10ths of the law" because of the potential divorce? I don't know much about that myself, but I think that might be one reason she was still staying there even though BC was being so horrible to her.

philamena
07-18-2008, 12:54 AM
Please read this article it is chocked full information.

Blink34
07-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Is there any possibility Nancy would have stayed at the home because of the old "possession is 9/10ths of the law" because of the potential divorce? I don't know much about that myself, but I think that might be one reason she was still staying there even though BC was being so horrible to her.
Absolutely- I am certain her attorney advised her not to leave the marital residence for sure. I cant be sure she told her attorney about the abuse though.

RR0004
07-18-2008, 12:56 AM
I agree with you about sealing the deal but only for the ex parte order imo. At the full custody hearing, I believe the grandparents are going to have to provide proof that he is mentally unstable and not merely heresay which appears to be the case at this point.

I have been following the Michelle Young case and I've learned that grandparents have no visitation rights in NC let alone custody. The defendant will surely try to hold the Court to this by citing the law and case authorities.

If Brad did murder Nancy, I hope he will be charged prior to the custody hearing.
You're absolutely correct...it was enough...for now. I mentioned earlier it would be interesting to see if he challenges it at all...and I do hope that if he is named as a suspect or is charged with her murder that it happens soon.

philamena
Taximom attention:

momto3kids
Mom when you post I swear I feel like Im sitting next to you

Blink...I wish you were. I am wondering why I keep connecting with this case, and it continues to fall in our lap, because we certainly aren't out looking for it. This is like going to the mall and you keep running into the same person store after store and say them again.

Blink34
07-18-2008, 12:57 AM
Please read this article it is chocked full information.

Note Bazemore has stopped taking questions from the press, smart move.

Taximom
07-18-2008, 01:00 AM
Yes'm, I'm saluting! Thanks for the link, Philamena.

philamena
07-18-2008, 01:01 AM
From same Fox link above:

Bazemore declined to comment on whether or not Cooper’s body had suffered defensive wounds and would not confirm or deny reports that Brad Cooper had purchased bleach at a local convenience store just hours before his wife’s body was found.

OregonMommy
07-18-2008, 01:04 AM
Thanks, Blink. Very sad indeed.

I have followed so many of these cases over the last few years....Scott Peterson, Neil Entwhistle, the Hacking guy in Utah......what in the world are these guys thinking? Do they really think they won't get caught? Jeez, the first day this case came out about Nancy, my first thought was "What is up with the husband?" Very sad, but true.

Then I started following it, and within a few hours, I was convinced it was him. Not calling the police, the whole store incident where he allegedly bought the detergent, admitting to marital problems....then seeing the family - who obviously have been consoling their daughter over the last several months - and seeing how stoic they were. It is so obvious - too bad they can't just arrest him now.

philamena
07-18-2008, 01:05 AM
Yes'm, I'm saluting! Thanks for the link, Philamena.

:crazy: You're welcome! :D

OregonMommy
07-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Funny thing - when I joined websleuths tonight, I tried the user name of Momto3, but it was already taken!

cheko1
07-18-2008, 01:08 AM

Bet Bubba & the boys can't wait to see his strong muscular body!!!! Can you imagine the wolf whistles he'll get????

SeriouslySearching
07-18-2008, 01:14 AM
Welcome to WS, OregonMommy! Yes, it is very sad and tragic that the men who do this deprive the world of these wonderful, caring, and loving women in the prime of their lives. I have to think part of it is jealousy because their women are strong and intelligent...and loved for who they are without pretenses. Things they could never be.

philamena
07-18-2008, 01:15 AM
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1144548.html
SNIP

The filing also alleges that Nancy Cooper never went out jogging the morning of July 12

SNIP
BLINK---

In the complaint, Rentz, the former executive director of Alberta Social Services, and Lister say that a few months ago Bradley Cooper had removed the children's passports from Nancy Cooper's vehicle,

SNIP

The judge also ordered Bradley Cooper to turn over the passports of Isabella, 4, and Gabriella, almost 2, so they might attend their mother's funeral in Canada. Later this month, a judge will consider a request for Rentz and Lister to care for the children more permanently

kellis06
07-18-2008, 01:16 AM
What am I missing here? If LE goes ahead and calls BC a POI does it change things so much legally that would hinder the investigation? I mean surely by now with all the searching that went on in the house, cars etc... they have enough info. I know that they have interviewed every one close to the case by now. Or do you all think that the hesitation on LE's part to name a suspect or POI means they are not finding what we all think they are finding?

OregonMommy
07-18-2008, 01:18 AM
I love what Blink34 said about this guy....oh, the ego. Seriously, did you guys read his website? First of all, WHO sets up a website about themselves? Whatever. It was all about his training, his times, his goals, his MBA, his blah blah blah. Of course, no mention about his wife or children. It was really weird to me. Almost like he was going through a mid-life crisis but he is only 34, for God sakes! My thought is that he has always been self-centered, but decided he should get married and have kids. But when it really comes down to it, that is hard work, right? So he starts to go back to his old ways....working long hours, studying and going to school, training for an ironman....his wife starts to realize that she got the short end of the stick. Before long, he is having affairs. Another sign of a self-centered person. Then she really gets fed up. God knows what she has been through over the last 6 months, but it hasn't been good. I feel for her.......and her beautiful children and her parents and siblings. I have twins myself - they are only 6 - but they are extremely tight. I can't even imagine how that bond would strengthen over the years.

Please arrest this guy already.

philamena
07-18-2008, 01:21 AM
What am I missing here? If LE goes ahead and calls BC a POI does it change things so much legally that would hinder the investigation? I mean surely by now with all the searching that went on in the house, cars etc... they have enough info. I know that they have interviewed every one close to the case by now. Or do you all think that the hesitation on LE's part to name a suspect or POI means they are not finding what we all think they are finding?

My guess is that LE is waiting for the COD and any DNA evidence -if any -that was taken from Nancy's fingernails.
If Brad's DNA is under Nancy's nails and Brad has scratches on his arms, his goose is cooked.

Fairy1
07-18-2008, 01:26 AM

IMO - and only IMO - they already have solid evidence - just putting it all together and they will make an arrest very soon. This is partly wishful thinking and partly educated guess. :)

SuziQ
07-18-2008, 01:30 AM
NANCY GRACE
Murdered Jogger`s Family Gets Emergency Custody of Kids
Aired July 17, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0807/17/ng.01.html

CyberPro
07-18-2008, 01:54 AM
From my local perspective:

I had to think back a bit just now, and it is rather hard to "un-learn" some of the things that you now know. I recall when I first heard about this "Missing Runner" and the stories came out that she liked to run in the park that is very near my house, so I was kind of keeping an eye out for her.

There was NO mention of kids initially, and no mention of a husband. Then, after a few of the reports came out, they started mentioning "mother of 2", but no details on ages. I did not know if the kids were older or what the deal was.

There was a lot of Calls for Action on behalf of the neighbors, putting up flyers, asking you to look out for her, but I did not find out about organized searches until later, or I might well have joined in.

Anyway, it seemed like a couple of days before the husband was even mentioned. Then you see him out looking, but not talking with the press in the beginning, and then the item about marital strain comes out.

This seems like a strange pacing of information to me. The husband's presence is felt LAST? Neighbors are more interested in finding her than he is? IMO, that is because he knew where she was all along.

CyberPro

RR0004
07-18-2008, 01:56 AM

Ok...now I may something that will not be well received...and I do apologize for this ahead of time...but here goes...IMO if Nancy was planning on sending her children to her sister...for whatever reason...I see nothing wrong with her husband taking their passports out of her purse. He was obviously very threatened by this. We don't know what Nancy's intent was for sending them out of the country. It may have been quite innocent...but you don't tell the man you're in a compative relationship with (and yes, even under the best of circumstances when kids are involved, a divorce is a combative situation) that you're sending his kids away. If the shoe was on the other foot, what mother wouldn't go to any lengths to prevent her husband from taking her kids away? The point I'm trying to make is I wouldn't hold THAT (taking the passports) per se against the man. IMO it very well could have been the trigger that flipped his switch. Murder is no solution, obviously. If he feared she was going to do this, all he had to do is handle the matter through the courts. Oh, and as far as withholding money...it's something that unfortunately happens in divorce. He knew she had her parents to help her. Is it a sucky thing to do...OF COURSE! But, it's the nature of the beast. Ugly things do happen when a couple splits up.
For the record, IMO, he is a narcissisitic, controlling SOB. Unfortunately, there are plenty just like him out there. He didn't need to resort to this...but taking the kids' passports...i just can't hold that against him. I would have done the same thing if the situation was reversed.

RR0004
07-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Oh...not the getting rid of my husband part...just the taking the passports part.

SeriouslySearching
07-18-2008, 02:04 AM
This seems like a strange pacing of information to me. The husband's presence is felt LAST? Neighbors are more interested in finding her than he is? IMO, that is because he knew where she was all along.

CyberProExactly! And he sent them in the complete opposite direction to look for her.

RR0004
07-18-2008, 02:05 AM
Holy crap! I made everybody speechless?! Oh, please don't hate me. Just trying to give a little perspective.

RoughlyCollie
07-18-2008, 02:33 AM
I think Brad's taking of the passports did not occur in isolation.

He was withholding money for necessities, he was verbally abusive, he was having an affair with an allegedly close friend of his wife's ... and at the same time, he was preventing Nancy from taking the children and leaving him and going back to her country and her warm, loving family.

In other words, he was keeping Nancy in hell, and one way he held her hostage was to take the passports. Then he came up with a new idea and killed her so she could never leave.

IMO.

MoonFlwr
07-18-2008, 03:01 AM
Holy crap! I made everybody speechless?! Oh, please don't hate me. Just trying to give a little perspective.

I enjoyed reading your input about Brad taking the passports. It is good and necessary to try and see the things we hear about from both sides!

calidreamin
07-18-2008, 06:35 AM
I love what Blink34 said about this guy....oh, the ego. Seriously, did you guys read his website? First of all, WHO sets up a website about themselves? Whatever. It was all about his training, his times, his goals, his MBA, his blah blah blah. Of course, no mention about his wife or children. It was really weird to me. Almost like he was going through a mid-life crisis but he is only 34, for God sakes! My thought is that he has always been self-centered, but decided he should get married and have kids. But when it really comes down to it, that is hard work, right? So he starts to go back to his old ways....working long hours, studying and going to school, training for an ironman....his wife starts to realize that she got the short end of the stick. Before long, he is having affairs. Another sign of a self-centered person. Then she really gets fed up. God knows what she has been through over the last 6 months, but it hasn't been good. I feel for her.......and her beautiful children and her parents and siblings. I have twins myself - they are only 6 - but they are extremely tight. I can't even imagine how that bond would strengthen over the years.

Please arrest this guy already.

Welcome to websleuths OregonMommy!! The ego on this guys is astounding, reminds me of Scott Peterson.:crazy:

calidreamin
07-18-2008, 06:40 AM
From my local perspective:

I had to think back a bit just now, and it is rather hard to "un-learn" some of the things that you now know. I recall when I first heard about this "Missing Runner" and the stories came out that she liked to run in the park that is very near my house, so I was kind of keeping an eye out for her.

There was NO mention of kids initially, and no mention of a husband. Then, after a few of the reports came out, they started mentioning "mother of 2", but no details on ages. I did not know if the kids were older or what the deal was.

There was a lot of Calls for Action on behalf of the neighbors, putting up flyers, asking you to look out for her, but I did not find out about organized searches until later, or I might well have joined in.

Anyway, it seemed like a couple of days before the husband was even mentioned. Then you see him out looking, but not talking with the press in the beginning, and then the item about marital strain comes out.

CyberPro

I completely agree with this CyberPro. You would think at the very first he would have reported her missing. If I had been missing my husband would have been the first person out looking for me. Knocking on neighbors doors and searching my jogging route. I think he knew what had happend all along as well.

NC-Curious
07-18-2008, 06:44 AM
News Confernce at 9. Maybe we'll get some good news.

calidreamin
07-18-2008, 07:01 AM
News Confernce at 9. Maybe we'll get some good news.

Good morning NC and thank you for letting us know. I am praying they announce an arrest.

NC-Curious
07-18-2008, 07:14 AM
Me too!! Gotta go out - hope to be back before then....

calidreamin
07-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Me too!! Gotta go out by hope to be back before then....

Hurry back NC!:)

Caro
07-18-2008, 07:40 AM
I have come out of hiding to commend all the great posters here. Your intelligence and compassion regarding this case (and I'm sure other cases) are both informative and heartwarming.

I have learned so much on these boards and this tragedy happened, literally, in my backyard.

I was out early last Saturday morning just before 7 am and this area was blanketed in a fog that was ever so slowly dissipating. It was patchy in some areas and thick as pea soup in others. I passed the Java Jive thinking to stop in for a cup of tea but decided against it and continued on home. It wasn't until Sunday morning when I noticed an inordinate amount of people walking through our trails and the flyers tacked to every available surface that I even knew that someone in our community was missing. Because of my work I couldn't be part of the search on Monday through the lake trails, parks and greenway that I love to walk in. I feel that I have done nothing as a good neighbor except mourn with the community and tie a huge white bow around the stately oak in my front yard...

My thoughts and prayers go out to Nancy's family and friends...

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 07:48 AM
New article but nothing new, really.
"Canadian Nancy Cooper was trapped in America, her family indicated in court filings."

http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_news/story/717843.html

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Family and friends of a slain Cary mother plan to hold a private vigil Friday. Meanwhile, police plan to hold another news conference at 9 a.m. to update the public on the investigation into Nancy Cooper's murder.

"I think it is an act of extreme cowardice to take a life, to rob a family, to rob children of a mother," Cooper's father, Garry Rentz, said. "And I guess what I would say is, if you have a shred of decency, come forward."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3228887/

calidreamin
07-18-2008, 07:53 AM
I have come out of hiding to commend all the great posters here. Your intelligence and compassion regarding this case (and I'm sure other cases) are both informative and heartwarming.

I have learned so much on these boards and this tragedy happened, literally, in my backyard.

I was out early last Saturday morning just before 7 am and this area was blanketed in a fog that was ever so slowly dissipating. It was patchy in some areas and thick as pea soup in others. I passed the Java Jive thinking to stop in for a cup of tea but decided against it and continued on home. It wasn't until Sunday morning when I noticed an inordinate amount of people walking through our trails and the flyers tacked to every available surface that I even knew that someone in our community was missing. Because of my work I couldn't be part of the search on Monday through the lake trails, parks and greenway that I love to walk in. I feel that I have done nothing as a good neighbor except mourn with the community and tie a huge white bow around the stately oak in my front yard...

Caro thank you for joining us and I hope you stay with us! I am sorry that this had to happen in you own neighborhood, so horrible to have this happen to such a lovely young mom.:mad:

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Nancy Cooper's legal status in the United States would have been tied to her husband, immigration lawyers said Thursday. The couple had not yet received green cards or permanent resident status; Cisco Systems, Bradley Cooper's employer, had applied for a set for the couple, friend Brett Adam said.
If Nancy Cooper had left her husband, she might have jeopardized her standing in the U.S.
"Whatever status she had is dependent on his status and his willingness to include her," said Jack Pinnix, a Raleigh lawyer who specializes in immigration law but is not involved with the Coopers.
Nancy Cooper came to the United States on the coattails of her husband. He'd worked for Cisco in Calgary and accepted a transfer to their division at Research Triangle Park. The company secured Bradley Cooper a temporary work visa; Nancy Cooper's was attached to his.
To move to the U.S., Nancy Cooper shelved a budding career in the tech world and left a clothing boutique she ran in Calgary, her friends have said. Here, friends said, Nancy Cooper's visa didn't allow her to work, so she raised her daughters full-time.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1145768.html

MoonFlwr
07-18-2008, 08:02 AM
:Welcome-12-june:

Caro :)

calidreamin
07-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Nancy Cooper's legal status in the United States would have been tied to her husband, immigration lawyers said Thursday. The couple had not yet received green cards or permanent resident status; Cisco Systems, Bradley Cooper's employer, had applied for a set for the couple, friend Brett Adam said.
If Nancy Cooper had left her husband, she might have jeopardized her standing in the U.S.
"Whatever status she had is dependent on his status and his willingness to include her," said Jack Pinnix, a Raleigh lawyer who specializes in immigration law but is not involved with the Coopers.
Nancy Cooper came to the United States on the coattails of her husband. He'd worked for Cisco in Calgary and accepted a transfer to their division at Research Triangle Park. The company secured Bradley Cooper a temporary work visa; Nancy Cooper's was attached to his.
To move to the U.S., Nancy Cooper shelved a budding career in the tech world and left a clothing boutique she ran in Calgary, her friends have said. Here, friends said, Nancy Cooper's visa didn't allow her to work, so she raised her daughters full-time.

Thank you for the link PFM that was very interesting.:)

Taximom
07-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Ok...now I may something that will not be well received...and I do apologize for this ahead of time...but here goes...IMO if Nancy was planning on sending her children to her sister...for whatever reason...I see nothing wrong with her husband taking their passports out of her purse. He was obviously very threatened by this. We don't know what Nancy's intent was for sending them out of the country. It may have been quite innocent...but you don't tell the man you're in a compative relationship with (and yes, even under the best of circumstances when kids are involved, a divorce is a combative situation) that you're sending his kids away. If the shoe was on the other foot, what mother wouldn't go to any lengths to prevent her husband from taking her kids away? The point I'm trying to make is I wouldn't hold THAT (taking the passports) per se against the man. IMO it very well could have been the trigger that flipped his switch. Murder is no solution, obviously. If he feared she was going to do this, all he had to do is handle the matter through the courts. Oh, and as far as withholding money...it's something that unfortunately happens in divorce. He knew she had her parents to help her. Is it a sucky thing to do...OF COURSE! But, it's the nature of the beast. Ugly things do happen when a couple splits up.
For the record, IMO, he is a narcissisitic, controlling SOB. Unfortunately, there are plenty just like him out there. He didn't need to resort to this...but taking the kids' passports...i just can't hold that against him. I would have done the same thing if the situation was reversed.

I would agree with you normally, but to me he only seemed interested in himself. That's pretty apparent on most, if not all, of his websites. The ONLY places I saw pics of his children were on the news sites! I think this was just his sick, twisted way of manipulating her into staying. He knew where her heart was and that was with the kids. I think the only reason he would want the girls was to hurt her more.

I'm not making much sense, but I just don't see him taking the passports as a "Please don't take the children from me" move.

Taximom
07-18-2008, 08:07 AM
Welcome to WS, Caro. We have quite a few locals here that have been deeply affected by this case.

PFM, that was an interesting article. Nancy must have felt so helpless in that so much of her life was controlled by Brad. :(

calidreamin
07-18-2008, 08:08 AM
I would agree with you normally, but to me he only seemed interested in himself. That's pretty apparent on most, if not all, of his websites. The ONLY places I saw pics of his children were on the news sites! I think this was just his sick, twisted way of manipulating her into staying. He knew where her heart was and that was with the kids. I think the only reason he would want the girls was to hurt her more.

I'm not making much sense, but I just don't see him taking the passports as a "Please don't take the children from me" move.

Totaly agree with this TM also the fact that he wouldn't give her money for groceries and she had to get it from her parents in Cananda just shows what a control freak he was!:furious:

stillblv
07-18-2008, 08:11 AM

I agree - this is an attempt to control her. Just like many men (including my ex) use financial control (like Brad), he also knew that keeping the kids in the states would keep her here as well. I wonder if he knew about the March 10 filing that Nancy made regarding separation?

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 08:12 AM
48 minutes til the press conference, and counting!

calidreamin
07-18-2008, 08:13 AM

I can't wait! Praying praying praying for an arrest!

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 08:14 AM
I agree - this is an attempt to control her. Just like many men (including my ex) use financial control (like Brad), he also knew that keeping the kids in the states would keep her here as well. I wonder if he knew about the March 10 filing that Nancy made regarding separation?

Especially considering she gave up a good job to move here from Calgary with him and had no income. Sure, his work provided him with a work visa but she didn't have one... At that point, when you're in a marriage the money becomes "theirs" not his. For him to starve his own kids by not allowing her to have money is extremely controlling and definitely sick. :furious:

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 08:15 AM
I can't wait! Praying praying praying for an arrest!

me too!
Her family needs this.
That SOB needs to be behind bars.

stillblv
07-18-2008, 08:16 AM

Maura - Do you have the line to the press conference?

Thank you in advance.

luckyme
07-18-2008, 08:19 AM
Especially considering she gave up a good job to move here from Calgary with him and had no income. Sure, his work provided him with a work visa but she didn't have one... At that point, when you're in a marriage the money becomes "theirs" not his. For him to starve his own kids by not allowing her to have money is extremely controlling and definitely sick. :furious:

wow! you guys were busy bees. I wanted to say ill be watching today! I have a friend that lived this life for 20 years. It was heartbreaking as a friend to stand back and watch this kind of an abuse. She finally left and now is happy. It was a long process. She had told me it started to happen the day after they were married! She always told me that if she went missing or died to contact police.

MoonFlwr
07-18-2008, 08:24 AM
http://www.wral.com/

Link for the PC

The little label next to the video changes fom 'watch' to 'watch live' when it is time! :)

Taximom
07-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Can you imagine having to go to your parents for money? I believe they knew all along most of what was happening and were probably guiding her so that she would, in the end, be able to leave with the children safely and probably with some money.

If she left a clothing boutique in Canada, she might have had a vested interest in making sure she at least got something out of the house being sold. As controlling as he was, she probably wasn't aware of the entire financial situation. She definitely wasn't aware of the danger she was in, nor was her family.

I truly think at this time she just wanted to leave with the children and nothing else mattered anymore. He knew it...and put a stop to it.

IMO anyway.

It's all so sad because had he just gone along with the divorce, he could have had his athletic life back. Yeah, he would have been paying child support (how does THAT work for Canadian residents?), but he would have been free to do what he wanted. If he's the killer ( :) ) and he's tried and convicted...he'll be lucky to run around prison grounds for a few minutes each day.

petra
07-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Caro thank you for joining us and I hope you stay with us! I am sorry that this had to happen in you own neighborhood, so horrible to have this happen to such a lovely young mom.:mad:

Ditto. Welcome Caro. Sorry to 'meet'under such tragic circumstances.

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 08:36 AM
With two BMWs or whatever kind of cars they had, I betcha it's going to come out that they -- rather "he" -- had massive debt, too.

swimmom
07-18-2008, 08:37 AM
I had another thought on the questions regarding the money that had been taken out of the house. although 55K is a lot of money to most people, depending upon the lifestyle you are living...you can blow through that. If Brad were doing well and making $150K per year, (an earlier post said his position could fetch upwards of $100K) that would be a lot. However, this is a beautiful subdivision, like many beautiful subdivisions in Cary. I can tell you...having been to lesser ones than Lochmere...there is a pressure to keep your home beautiful, and "keep up with the neighborhood". Nearly everyone one I that I have been in looks like it was professionally decorated (at least to my hodge podge home), and there are very specific rules about everything from your garbage can to what can go in your driveway. This helps keep the neighborhood looking beautiful. The flip side is...what do you do when you can no longer afford to keep up the look? The BMW SUV is not cheap, healthclub memberships, vacations (even travel back and forth to Canada)...all not cheap. Perhaps Brad was also concerned that people would think he wasn't able to keep up the image. IF he also had a "friend" on the side...he may have been spending extra money on her, places away and who knows what else. Cary is not a cheap place to live, but it is beautiful and affords a certain lifestyle that would be difficult to walk away from. Financial stress and the embarassment of not being able to "keep up" might have been knawing at him as well.

petra

Link for the PC

The little label next to the video changes fom 'watch' to 'watch live' when it is time! :)

Thanks for the link, MF.

PrayersForMaura
Maura - Do you have the line to the press conference?

Thank you in advance.

Sorry, I just saw your post... did you see MoonFlwr's post with the link?
A few posts below yours...

I'll be watching with you, online!

christine2448
07-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Sorry, I just saw your post... did you see MoonFlwr's post with the link?
A few posts below yours...

I'll be watching with you, online!

Just getting in the office..what's up? PC? Can y'all update us that aren't able to get tv/video?

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 08:42 AM
certainly!

stillblv
07-18-2008, 08:43 AM

Link for the PC

Thank you so much MoonFlowr!

TGIF!

christine2448
07-18-2008, 08:44 AM

Welcome, and welcome to all those I have missed in these fast moving threads.

(((((((((((((((((((((((Caro)))))))))))))))))))))
You are and have done something! Prayers...keep on praying.

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 08:45 AM

Details of public Memorial on their way (http://nancycooper.blogspot.com/2008/07/details-of-public-memorial-on-their-way.html)

I wanted to assure all of you who were so invested in the search for Nancy that a public Memorial service is planned imminently. Details will be released a bit later today, if I don't get a chance to blast an email, please check back here. They will also be released to the media, but I may have more specific information.

I know many of the volunteers are disappointed not to be part of the vigil tonight. Your efforts on behalf of Nancy and the family are not at all forgotten...and we all look forward to seeing you at the Memorial. I met so many amazing people on Saturday and Sunday.

http://nancycooper.blogspot.com/

belimom
07-18-2008, 08:47 AM
First post - I finally got approved...! Whiile waiting, I read every single post and am very impressed with this board. Thanks for letting me be here!

What I've been wanting to say since the beginning that struck me as odd (before it became more apparent that she really didn't go jogging): if my husband went jogging at 7am, I would have no idea what he was wearing. I'd either be asleep on a Sat morn, or taking care of one of the children. I may have glanced at him and said 'have a nice run', but I would not have paid much attention to what he had on. I never remember what he's wearing anyway - only the kids because I dress them. BC gave way too many details about her outfit, and too many details often mean you're trying to convince someone of something that's not true.

Another thing: we have two small children, and if I were gone that long on a Saturday, my husband would be like, "Okay - I need a break. Where IS she?!?" And he's a very involved father and helps daily with our kids, but on a Saturday that was his day off, he would've been anxious for me to get back to help out with the kids.

Car seats: why were they inside? Had he removed them to clean out the car to remove evidence? One was a booster but the other had to be installed (which isn't fun), so why were they not in the car? Extremely odd.

As for the organizing that her friend was going to help her with: not all SAHMs are good housekeepers. I was not when I was a SAHM - just not my thing, especially when caring for small children. Even if she was a good housekeeper on a daily basis, alot of folks to help others "declutter" and organize toys, outgrown clothes, etc. I've had friends come over and help with stuff like that, so I didn't find that claim unusual.

Okay, hope I didn't say too much for my first post... just eager to share my thoughts with someone besides my husband (who doesn't get into stuff like this)...!

petra
07-18-2008, 08:47 AM

Thanks for the link.
I get soooo angry over these "guidelines" of immigrants to a country tied to work visas and financial support of one spouse for the other. Nearly impossible to get out of unless you break the laws and make a run for it. It was 8 years they lived in the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So many people are trapped in situations like this--and not just in third world countries. I understand the need for controls and for protection so a parent does not 'kidnap' a child across borders.
BUT.....here is another example of a tragic outcome.
There has to be a better solution.:mad:
Thank goodness the kids are safe and surrounded by love.

christine2448
07-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Car seats: why were they inside? Had he removed them to clean out the car to remove evidence? One was a booster but the other had to be installed (which isn't fun), so why were they not in the car? Extremely odd.

Welcome.....I missed that....they weren't in the car? Interesting.

petra
First post - I finally got approved...! Whiile waiting, I read every single post and am very impressed with this board. Thanks for letting me be here!

What I've been wanting to say since the beginning that struck me as odd (before it became more apparent that she really didn't go jogging): if my husband went jogging at 7am, I would have no idea what he was wearing. I'd either be asleep on a Sat morn, or taking care of one of the children. I may have glanced at him and said 'have a nice run', but I would not have paid much attention to what he had on. I never remember what he's wearing anyway - only the kids because I dress them. BC gave way too many details about her outfit, and too many details often mean you're trying to convince someone of something that's not true.

Another thing: we have two small children, and if I were gone that long on a Saturday, my husband would be like, "Okay - I need a break. Where IS she?!?" And he's a very involved father and helps daily with our kids, but on a Saturday that was his day off, he would've been anxious for me to get back to help out with the kids.

As for the organizing that her friend was going to help her with: not all SAHMs are good housekeepers. I was not when I was a SAHM - just not my thing, especially when caring for small children. Even if she was a good housekeeper on a daily basis, alot of folks to help others "declutter" and organize toys, outgrown clothes, etc. I've had friends come over and help with stuff like that, so I didn't find that claim unusual.

Okay, hope I didn't say too much for my first post... just eager to share my thoughts with someone besides my husband (who doesn't get into stuff like this)...!

Welcome belimom.:)
Great first post. Yes, the devil is in the details, way too many given by BC.
interesting about the car seats....

Torsade
Good point, Petra! This poor woman was a hostage. I wouldn't leave my babies, and neither could she. And she couldn't leave with them, either. Reminds me of the book "Not Without my Daughter."
So sad. It looks like these babies have a strong, loving family to raise them. Thank God for that.

fran
Welcome to Websleuths all new posters. We're happy to have you and your input. It's unfortunate the circumstances that have brought you to this little corner of cyber space. But, when all is said in done, we hope you'll stay and participate in 'other' Websleuth discussions.

fran

raisincharlie
07-18-2008, 08:52 AM

In most circumstances I would agree with you on this. However, in reviewing the ex parte document, Section 25, it is stated that prior to his confiscation of the children's passports, he had agreed to allow Nancy to take those children home to Canada.

For me, this changes everything. His action of breaking that agreement IMO shows just how immature, or beligerant, or self serving, or controlling, or a combination of all these he truly is. Based on that information, getting into Nancy's car and removing those passports was nothing but pure meaness on his part. Granted divorce can be nasty but I still do not believe that just because of that it gives a person a license to be this ignorant and cruel.

MoonFlwr
07-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Hiya Belimom :wave:

hehe! I had to wait (im)patiently during the registration process, too! ;)

ETA..Yes, very interesting about the car seats!

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 08:53 AM

wow, everything you wrote is very intuitive!
And welcome!

Yeah, taking the child seats out of the car.... he must have transported her body in that car.

And I agree ... no guy would be happy that his wife was gone for 7 hours on a weekend while he was with the kids without being curious or concerned. Shoot, my fiance calls me about a dozen times a day while I am at work, lol.

Great first post! I hope you stay here and post more!

NC-Curious
07-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks Fran

petra
07-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Good point, Petra! This poor woman was a hostage. I wouldn't leave my babies, and neither could she. And she couldn't leave with them, either. Reminds me of the book "Not Without my Daughter."
So sad. It looks like these babies have a strong, loving family to raise them. Thank God for that.

Agreed. Hostage-perfect word.
One day her beauiful girls will realize the ultimate sacrifice their mom made for them. Poor sweethearts.

SuziQ
07-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Does anyone see the live link up yet? It's not for me with WRAL.

SuziQ
07-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Here is another link, top of the page:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/index

petra
07-18-2008, 08:59 AM

Link for the PC

Bump...9 am EST

KTaylorsc
07-18-2008, 09:00 AM

Maybe Carrie was Nancy's lawyer and she was going to meet with her??

Just a guess.

PrayersForMaura
it's on Fox News, too.... cable/satellite

raisincharlie
wow, everything you wrote is very intuitive!
And welcome!

Yeah, taking the child seats out of the car.... he must have transported her body in that car.

And I agree ... no guy would be happy that his wife was gone for 7 hours on a weekend while he was with the kids without being curious or concerned. Shoot, my fiance calls me about a dozen times a day while I am at work, lol.

Great first post! I hope you stay here and post more!

I'm not sure of the timing of Brad carrying the car seats out of the house, however I suspect it was when LE served the search warrants for the house and cars as in the photo police tape is visible. Is it possible that LE had removed those seats from the vehicle in the garage so that Brad could take them with him to be used for the children ? It is possible this could have been the circumstance resulting in the photo of him carrying those car seats out of the house.

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 09:01 AM
I wonder if the "other woman" is going to come forward, Like Amber Frye.

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm not sure of the timing of Brad carrying the car seats out of the house, however I suspect it was when LE served the search warrants for the house and cars as in the photo police tape is visible. Is it possible that LE had removed those seats from the vehicle in the garage so that Brad could take them with him to be used for the children ? It is possible this could have been the circumstance resulting in the photo of him carrying those car seats out of the house.

I think if they were already in the car, he wouldn't be able to remove them or anything from the car since they would need to be legally searched too.
Have the cars been released yet back to Brad.

MoonFlwr
Live

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/livemedia?section=news/local&id=5812914

PrayersForMaura
nancy's family is going to talk.

petra
07-18-2008, 09:04 AM
family and close family friends-vigil tonight

PrayersForMaura
they do not want to talk about Brad, Nancy and Brad's relationship, custody issues, etc.

christine2448
nancy's family is going to talk.

Thanks PFM.....preciate you keeping us all updated during the Pressor.

NC-Curious
No arrest.

PrayersForMaura
Nancy's twin's husband is talking.

raisincharlie
07-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I think if they were already in the car, he wouldn't be able to remove them or anything from the car since they would need to be legally searched too.
Have the cars been released yet back to Brad.

Thats why I suggested LE removed them.

petra
family to talk about Bella and Katie--nothing else about marriage, etc.
no questions will be taken

PrayersForMaura
Saturday, 2:30pm, public vigil and celebration of life for Nancy.
There will be a service in Edmonton next Wednesday at 1pm, Grace Luthern Church

petra
07-18-2008, 09:06 AM
funeral 1pm next wed-edmonton

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 09:06 AM
the family did extend an invitation to Brad to be at the vigil

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 09:07 AM
fox news cut out of the press conference

cheko1

Welcome to WS Caro!

christine2448
the family did extend an invitation to Brad to be at the vigil

Really? Like they were talking to him directly through the tv, know what I mean?? :crazy:

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Really? Like they were talking to him directly through the tv, know what I mean?? :crazy:

no, the TV reporter mentioned that the family did extend him an invitation... no one from the family said it live.

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Mark Fuhrman is going to be on Fox News talking about the case.

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Fox will go back to Cary to report if anything breaking is announced

NC-Curious
07-18-2008, 09:11 AM
No link on WRAL? Can't find it.

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Thats why I suggested LE removed them.

I gotcha. Sorry, I'm a little slow today :(
Still trying to wake up.

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 09:14 AM
just saw this on the WRAL site
WRAL.com is having technical difficulties and will show the 9 a.m. Cary police news conference as soon as possible.

http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/15/3208471/3208471-1216210562-180x135.jpg (http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3228887/)

christine2448
07-18-2008, 09:15 AM
"It's really hard to look in the mirror," Nancy's twin sister, Krista Lister, told reporters at a tearful news conference yesterday in Edmonton. "When I see myself walking I do a double-take. It's Nancy."

http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=663895

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/christine2448/664078.jpg

PrayersForMaura
police reported that they are confident this case will be solved.

SuziQ
Awwww, it sounds like the girls will have a bunch of little cousins to be with.

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Family members of Nancy Cooper will hold a public memorial service to remember the slain Cary mother-of-two 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Koka Booth Amphitheatre, they said Friday.

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Mark Fuhrman thinks that Brad was the type of guy who would say "if I can't have you, no one will"

petra
07-18-2008, 09:19 AM
What a wonderful family they are!!

SuziQ
07-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Father said he spoke to Nancy about twice a week, so he knew what was going on.

SuziQ
07-18-2008, 09:20 AM
The conversation was drifting into the Brad area and the spokesperson stepped in and stopped it.

petra
grandparents feel the legacy you leave in life is thru your children

Taximom
Aw, the mom was worried, but I couldn't hear the question. The father said something like "honestly, I wasn't worried".

SuziQ
07-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Someone can probably clarify this, but Nancy's dad said he knew every detail of what was going on in Nancy's life and (that he wasn't worried?)

calidreamin
07-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Thank you for the updates everyone. I just love Nancy's family, they just seem so nice and close with one another.

petra
07-18-2008, 09:22 AM
will go back to canada on sun-back to us on thurs

petra
07-18-2008, 09:23 AM
girls think they are going on vacation to visit cousins

SuziQ
07-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Mom, broke down. I loved when dad talked about not having any grandkids then they got 3 in six months. Sounds like they are all little girls and Bella is close to her cousins.

petra
07-18-2008, 09:24 AM
mom is struggling a bit..poor woman

Taximom
07-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Gosh, Nancy couldn't have had better parents. They are just wonderful.

Did her mom just say this is the last press conference? They will be leaving Sunday, hopefully. Does it sound like the children know what happened to their mom.

Bella is like Nancy.

Oh gosh, this is just so sad.

SuziQ
07-18-2008, 09:25 AM
They are making a plea for the person to come clean.

petra
Someone can probably clarify this, but Nancy's dad said he knew every detail of what was going on in Nancy's life and (that he wasn't worried?)

yes, heard same thing--mom added she was worried..and then cut off that thread of questioning

Taximom
Reporter asked what they would like to say to the person that did this. Mom just wants to know why (she broke down). Dad and brother want the person that did this to just come forward. (Only they said it much better.)

cheko1
07-18-2008, 09:26 AM

Its always great to welcome so many new posters here!!!!
If I missed welcoming anyone WELCOME!!!

I also noticed the car seats coming out of the house. Carseats are something that are a pain to move. If it was a baby carrier it would be different they slide in easily enough. He had to of taken them out when he cleaned the car.

SuziQ
They said the kids have not been told and the kids have not asked about their mom.

petra
last presser with family--Susan may take over as spokeswomn

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Reporter asked what they would like to say to the person that did this. Mom just wants to know why (she broke down). Dad and brother want the person that did this to just come forward. (Only they said it much better.)

Wow.... this makes me want to cry :(

petra
07-18-2008, 09:27 AM
press asking if they are welcome outside vigil

petra
07-18-2008, 09:28 AM
dad said yes---but pls be careful filming and following children

PrayersForMaura
They said the kids have not been told and the kids have not asked about their mom.

What, they have not asked? Hmmm.
I wonder if they saw what happened and the dad threatened them to not say a word. Uusually kids are always like "I want my mommy". :confused:

Taximom
Asking nicely for media to keep the children in mind and keep them out of the media when it comes to the vigil.

petra
07-18-2008, 09:29 AM
pls be cautious with the children

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 09:29 AM
i hope the media respects that.

petra
07-18-2008, 09:30 AM
press is asking if they can do anything more for the family

SuziQ
07-18-2008, 09:30 AM
What, they have not asked? Hmmm.
I wonder if they saw what happened and the dad threatened them to not say a word. Uusually kids are always like "I want my mommy". :confused:

They kinda explained that "Krista mom" looking like Nancy and that they were already close to Krista might be the reason. The family is meeting with counselors today to form a plan for the children.

petra
07-18-2008, 09:31 AM
grandparents talking with pride about stories of the girls

petra
07-18-2008, 09:31 AM
ballerina, pictures, etc.....precious moments

petra
07-18-2008, 09:32 AM
just heartbreaking
Family sharing wonderful stories-laughing, reflecting

Taximom
07-18-2008, 09:33 AM
I wonder if the kids visited with relatives so much that they don't notice mom is gone right now. Not that they don't miss her, but that she's just somewhere else right now. Oh gosh, I wouldn't want to ever tell them. :(

petra
07-18-2008, 09:33 AM
brother asked about being LE--this is an experience he never wanted to have

Taximom
07-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Discussing Khrista's likeness being a disguised blessing in all this. It will certainly help keep her memory alive.

Fuquaylj
07-18-2008, 09:35 AM
This is my first time here. I agree that it does not look good for BC, but he continues to cooperate and all that LE is doing is routine. I was all over the "he did it" theory, but as this continues I'm more like "he's a horrible guy, but a murderer???"

MoonFlwr
07-18-2008, 09:37 AM
I know she is not speaking much today, but I do like the manner of the Police Chief, Pat Bazemore. She is so gracious with Nancy's family!

NC-Curious
07-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Who is Susan?

NC-Curious
07-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Last briefing before arrest.

Taximom
07-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Last briefing until there's an arrest.

RoseRed
07-18-2008, 09:39 AM
This is my first time here. I agree that it does not look good for BC, but he continues to cooperate and all that LE is doing is routine. I was all over the "he did it" theory, but as this continues I'm more like "he's a horrible guy, but a murderer???"

I think he probably did it but not planned. Obviously there was NO prior physical abuse as the even the father said he was not worried. I think they were having financial problem and that was the real reason she borrowed money from the family.

SuziQ
07-18-2008, 09:40 AM
I wonder if the kids visited with relatives so much that they don't notice mom is gone right now. Not that they don't miss her, but that she's just somewhere else right now. Oh gosh, I wouldn't want to ever tell them. :(

My family is scattered all over the U.S. and we only get together so often. I bet they could have distracted the kids for quite awhile before they would have asked about me.

petra
I know she is not speaking much today, but I do like the manner of the Chief Police, Pat Bazemore. She is so gracious with Nancy's family!

The whole darn tragedy has been handled so well in the public eye.
Amazing dignity.
The family are far beter people than I think I could ever be.

Taximom
I think Pat Bazemore has done a terrific job with this whole case. I wish more cases were handled as professionally as this one has been. :clap:

The PC is over for now. I wonder where BC is today.

NC-Curious
07-18-2008, 09:41 AM
I don't think Nancy would have made up a story about needing money for food for herself and girls if that was not the case.

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 09:41 AM
I think he probably did it but not planned. Obviously there was NO prior physical abuse as the even the father said he was not worried. I think they were having financial problem and that was the real reason she borrowed money from the family.

No, he was withholding money ... not giving Nancy any money. That's what the affidavit said, I'm pretty sure.

Plus, there was mental abuse.

Taximom
07-18-2008, 09:42 AM
My family is scattered all over the U.S. and we only get together so often. I bet they could have distracted the kids for quite awhile before they would have asked about me.

That's what I think, especially after hearing how much time they all spent with each other! My brother and his family live 20 miles away and the Coopers spent more time w/their family in Canada than we do!

petra
07-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Who is Susan?

I couldn't catch her last name-Sorry. She was sittting in the pc room , in the back. Friend of family or police liason?? Not sure.
They were going to discuss this with LE, etc. to see who future spokesperson would be on behalf of family,

Taximom
No, he was withholding money ... not giving Nancy any money. That's what the affadavit said, I'm pretty sure.

That's what the affidavit says, but we don't know for sure what the real story is. There might not have been any money (although the re-fi is interesting) to give.

Gosh, can you imagine how desperate she must have been these last few months going through this? :mad:

SuziQ
I wonder about the equity loan. If it was done without Nancy's knoweledge and she found out, that could have created a trigger big time. It would be something Nancy could have held over Brad's head and I'm sure he would have had none of that.

PrayersForMaura
07-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Holy cow is right, It was very disturbing to read. Not buying groceries for his own children:furious:. Well I bet Mr. control freak doesn't feel so much in control now, with the children being removed and given to his in laws.

No, he was withholding money ... not giving Nancy any money. That's what the affidavit said, I'm pretty sure.

In a petition for custody (http://www.wral.com/news/local/document/3222032/) filed Wednesday, Nancy Cooper's parents and twin sister claim Brad Cooper engaged "in a pattern of emotional abuse" of his wife and children in the months prior to her death and that he threatened to commit suicide last winter.

He also refused to provide her and the children with adequate financial support, the petition alleges, and at one point Nancy Cooper was in "such desperate financial situation" that she had to borrow money to purchase groceries and other necessities.

petra
07-18-2008, 09:45 AM

IMO, IF BC is charged...it will be the good old steriod rage excuse.:mad:

Snowlover77
07-18-2008, 09:46 AM
I just watched the news conference and I have to say these people are such amazing and caring people. They not once said anything bad about Brad. Their interest is those babies and it should be. I was overwhelmed with the dignity they displayed and have displayed through out this ordeal. It is a rarity. One can only surmise that Nancy was indeed a beloved individual having being raised by people like that. I pray for comfort for nancy's family now and the days to come(the trial). They deserve the best form the public as they truly have given their best to the public during a very very tragic and emotional time.

christine2448
07-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Please continue discussions here. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2392180#post2392180)