PDA

View Full Version : 911 Calls

Magister
07-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Direct Link: http://www.townofcary.org/news/news2008/police-missingcooper6.htm (RealAudio)

Initial synopsis from the N&O: http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1149899.html

Magister
07-22-2008, 12:44 PM
My first shorthand version for those without audio (copied from another subforum);

Basically, Jessica cooks Brad from the get-go; "I don't know if he'd do something to her". It's out of character for her to blow me off. "I don't know if he's been violent with her in the past", but I'm scared that he's harmed her. "They're going through a messy divorce"; I don't believe him, when he says that she went running, she might have because she's a runner, but I'm not sure that I believe him.

(Generalizations and paraphrased quotes, by me)

And in another post, I said; "I think Jessica's call completely rules her out as a suspect..."

PrayersForMaura
07-22-2008, 12:55 PM
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3248238/

"She was supposed to be at my house at eight and just because of the situation with the divorce, I'm just wondering – I don't know what I should do," the caller says.

The caller tells dispatchers that Nancy Cooper's husband, Brad Cooper, told her his wife went out early for a run – he believed with her friend, the caller says -- but the caller says it was "weird" that Cooper had not returned.

PrayersForMaura
07-22-2008, 12:56 PM
"Because of the situation of the divorce...I don't know what to do," said the caller. "There's been a lot of tension...so I wouldn't be surprised."

http://wake.mync.com/site/wake/news%7CCommunity/story/5687/cary_officials_release_911_calls_in_cooper_case

raisincharlie
07-22-2008, 01:01 PM
A lot of fear in Jessica's voice...about several things.

Sad

fran
07-22-2008, 01:05 PM
I think Jessica KNEW something had happened, she just didn't WANT to go there.

Did you all catch, it was Jessica who had checked with hospitals before calling 911!

Another piece of information, imo, Brad forgot to put on his 'staging' list. :rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

raisincharlie
07-22-2008, 01:08 PM

Did you all catch, it was Jessica who had checked with hospitals before calling 911!

Another piece of information, imo, Brad forgot to put on his 'staging' list. :rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

Yes.

I also heard an "assuming he is telling the truth". Seems like Jessica was not sure Brad was believable.

Magister
07-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Because she doesn't say that she's in her car and we've had nothing to make us believe that would've been, I also wonder if the person to whom she refers when the tape jumps (or a name is edited-out) can see the house.

Magister
07-22-2008, 01:15 PM
I also heard an "assuming he is telling the truth". Seems like Jessica was not sure Brad was believable.

I'd say that this probably wasn't the first time that she didn't believe Brad and most likely, she probably believes him a lot less today. From what she says, it sounds like she headed toward the worst from the beginning and though he hasn't been named a suspect, one would assume that Brad has been under intense scrutiny, throughout.

fran
07-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Yes.

Why, you don't think he's known by their friends to be a :liar: do you?:confused:

No need to answer, LOL. I think I already know what it is!:waitasec:

JMHO
fran

PS......wonder if old Brad is feeling the heat!? ehhhh.......bet he's on his little ole laptop right now, seeing what the reaction is to the release of the 911!:eek:

PPS.......ahhh......I think I see his attorney calling the media for another press conference on behalf of his client!:rolleyes:

sues
07-22-2008, 01:50 PM

"She was supposed to be at my house at eight and just because of the situation with the divorce, I'm just wondering I don't know what I should do," the caller says.

The caller tells dispatchers that Nancy Cooper's husband, Brad Cooper, told her his wife went out early for a run he believed with her friend, the caller says -- but the caller says it was "weird" that Cooper had not returned.

Supposed to be at her house at 8:00? That wouldn't be a very long run if she left the house at seven. It seems that either Brad or Jessica has to be lying (or, unlikely, Nancy forgot the 8:00 appointment).

Do we know for sure if Brad told the police she went out for a jog at 7, or is this what Jessica said he said?

Magister
07-22-2008, 02:44 PM
There's just so much in Jessica's phone call that I've edited-out my off-handed comment concerning theories in one of my previous posts and using this call as a foundation, I've posted (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2405622&postcount=61) one of my own to the "theories" subforum (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67642).

Essentially, Jessica sounds like possible violence was one of the first things to cross her mind and whomever else was sitting there had come around in the same direction. Because Brad looked more like a mouse than a lion in his public appearances, I've pretty much gone in the direction of an accident with a bad attempt at cover-up, but it's what I got (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2405622&postcount=61) from the call.

Nonetheless, obviously the release and non-seal of this particular 911 call is another way for LE to apply pressure.

Magister
07-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Supposed to be at her house at 8:00? That wouldn't be a very long run if she left the house at seven.

In another subforum, I theorize that Brad may not have known that Nancy and the kids were going to Jessica's.

sunflowers
07-22-2008, 04:33 PM
I agree. If he had known that N & the kids were supposed to be at J's at 8 a.m., he wouldn't have said that she went jogging at 7 a.m. since she couldn't possibly be back & over to J's by 8 a.m. Immediately J started worrying because she knew there was no way that N would go running at 7 am when she was going to be at her house at 8 am.

Plus, J was worried because she knew N drove to where she started running & J seemed to think it highly unusual (as per the 911 call) that 1) her car was in front of her house while she was supposed to be running, and 2) her cell phone was at home.

N going running at 7 a.m. seemed so implausible to J that she was very, very worried.....

BTW, I'm very impressed with you all. I've been reading since N was reported missing, but didn't get on until now. I'm in the area & read your brilliant insights & thoughts when Michelle Young was murdered, too. But, since this is SO close to home, I thought I'd actually respond to Magister & Sue's statements (rather than waiting for something brilliant to say, which may or may not ever come!). Thanks for all that you do here.

OtisCampbell
07-22-2008, 05:34 PM
She states on the tape that she (NC) was suppose to be there no later than 9. That can be heard at the 2:08 mark of the tape.
Right after that the tape cuts out. It sounds like she was told that she'd (NC) be there between 8 and 9.

An hour run can be anywhere from a 6 mile run to a much higher amount depending on her ability.
It depends on what type of run she had planned for that day. She could have planned for an easy run which is part of training for a marathon or a half marathon.

There's no discrepancy in the times. It all seems very logical.
The obvious question is whether she even made it out the door for that run.

headndownstream
07-22-2008, 06:56 PM
I don't want to install realplayer on my computer, which is what is needed to play these calls. If anyone finds the audio with a different way to listen, could you post it here? Most news stations are giving the same link posted her, so I have tried before I bugged you guys. Thankyou.

fran
07-22-2008, 07:02 PM
PPS.......ahhh......I think I see his attorney calling the media for another press conference on behalf of his client!:rolleyes:

OK, I was wrong, his attorney didn't call a press conference. He settled for a written press release. :rolleyes:

fran

Brad Cooper's attorneys, Seth Blum and Howard Kurtz, criticized Cary police for releasing the calls, characterizing the action as a leak that appears "calculated to do nothing more than inflame already raw emotions."

"Selectively releasing prejudicial information in this fashion is reckless, misleading and just plain wrong," they said in a written statement.

Town of Cary spokeswoman Susan Moran said not doing so would have been in violation of the North Carolina Public Records law and that portions of the call required to be redacted were so.

"We did not want to file a motion or make any requests that it be sealed," Wake County District Attorney Colon Willoughby said. "We didn't think it was critical to the investigation, and therefore, we did not see any reason to try to suppress it. So we've not taken any action."

raisincharlie
07-22-2008, 07:03 PM
I don't want to install realplayer on my computer, which is what is needed to play these calls. If anyone finds the audio with a different way to listen, could you post it here? Most news stations are giving the same link posted her, so I have tried before I bugged you guys. Thankyou.

Try this - go to this link:

In the article click on the highlighted portion in the first paragraph and it should play for you without having to install RP.

raisincharlie
07-22-2008, 07:08 PM
OK, I was wrong, his attorney didn't call a press conference. He settled for a written press release. :rolleyes:

fran

Brad Cooper's attorneys, Seth Blum and Howard Kurtz, criticized Cary police for releasing the calls, characterizing the action as a leak that appears "calculated to do nothing more than inflame already raw emotions."

"Selectively releasing prejudicial information in this fashion is reckless, misleading and just plain wrong," they said in a written statement.

Town of Cary spokeswoman Susan Moran said not doing so would have been in violation of the North Carolina Public Records law and that portions of the call required to be redacted were so.

"We did not want to file a motion or make any requests that it be sealed," Wake County District Attorney Colon Willoughby said. "We didn't think it was critical to the investigation, and therefore, we did not see any reason to try to suppress it. So we've not taken any action."

wahhhhhhhhhhhhh:(

Magister
07-22-2008, 07:41 PM
OK - Now I get it!

I asked earlier about the redacted person who was also getting upset and if Jessica was at her house, how did she know about the car (which was in the driveway); Obviously Jessica was in Lochmere at one of Nancy's neighbor's house, she was or had been in a position to see the car and I'm basing my opinion on her offer to start running Nancy's usual route, back and forth across Lochmere Dr. (on what I assume were greenways).

Now, if you couple that with the theory (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2405622&postcount=61) which I posted in the other subforum (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67642&page=3); The "triggering event" could've been that Nancy had secured housing and was ready to move, then possibly Jessica was at a mutual friend's house with a pickup or large vehicle to help sweep her and the kids away....

I don't know, but replaying the call in my head, obviously she was expecting something that would've/could've sent him over the edge because though as far as she knew, Brad had never been violent with Nancy, she jumped right to calling the hospitals (after speaking to Brad?) and pretty much telling the 911 operator that she thought Brad might've done her great harm.

Just the Fax
07-22-2008, 07:53 PM
http://www.newsobserver.com/content/media/2008/7/22/20080722_cooperletter.pdf

This bozo attorney is the one looking for publicity.
Dragging the Duke lacrosse case as a parallel is plain stupid.

911 calls are public record and not released by the cops for any other reason.

carolinalady
07-22-2008, 08:00 PM
I've only listened the tapes one time each, so I might not have heard it correctly.

Didn't Jessica Adam say she talked to Brad well before she made 911 call (around 9ish) and that's when he told Jessica that NC had gone running w/ Carrie? Did she talk to him again before placing the 911 call?

Also, I took the calls to ER as a possibility that she was injured during the run, b/c she follows it up asking if there were any accidents (which I took to mean car/pedestrian accident).

panthera
07-22-2008, 08:05 PM

JMHO
fran
Even if he didn't have anything to do with her death (trying to be open-minded here! :) ), it sure comes across that he didn't care about her at all, imo.

panthera
07-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Supposed to be at her house at 8:00? That wouldn't be a very long run if she left the house at seven. It seems that either Brad or Jessica has to be lying (or, unlikely, Nancy forgot the 8:00 appointment).

Do we know for sure if Brad told the police she went out for a jog at 7, or is this what Jessica said he said?
I believe I heard Brad give the timeframe on that Monday morning interview. I can't see Nancy going out, even shortly before 7am and have plans to meet Jessica at 8am, especially breaking from her usual routine of taking her car & cell phone. I also think it was something very important they had planned that day is another reason Jessica was so worried, like something she knew Nancy wouldn't have skipped or forgotten even though she doesn't say so directly.

dyrewolfe
07-22-2008, 08:17 PM

I converted these to mp3 if anyone is interested and willing to host.

bluenoser
07-22-2008, 08:22 PM
[ The "triggering event" could've been that Nancy had secured housing and was ready to move, then possibly Jessica was at a mutual friend's house with a pickup or large vehicle to help sweep her and the kids away.....[/QUOTE]

Her sister Khrista did say Nancy had been painting a house all week, maybe it was her 'new' house.

RoughlyCollie
07-22-2008, 08:22 PM
I felt so sorry for Jessica Adam when I heard that tape. She was so scared and nervous, and for good reason, it unfortunately turned out. She was a real good friend to NC -- and a ton better friend than BC was husband, whether he is guilty of NC's murder or not.

panthera
07-22-2008, 08:29 PM
I felt so sorry for Jessica Adam when I heard that tape. She was so scared and nervous, and for good reason, it unfortunately turned out. She was a real good friend to NC -- and a ton better friend than BC was husband, whether he is guilty of NC's murder or not.
I agree and thank goodness Nancy had her as a friend or no one might have reported her missing until much later. I wonder if Brad even would've gotten around to it.

Just the Fax
07-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Jewish attorney , Seth Blum is a pro spin-mister.

There is very good reason why the cops have not named him a suspect or person of interest

"But if the nation's prosecutors are backing away from 'suspect', it's probably not because they've gone soft on crime, but because they want to avoid compromising their cases with prejudicial language."

RoughlyCollie
07-22-2008, 08:41 PM
The only way the Duke lacrosse case can be a parallel to this one is if the attorney is insinuating that the cops and DA investigating the NC case are crooked.

Well, that doesn't appear to be the case here. Personally, I think the Cary police are doing a great job.

There were plenty of folks on various message boards who did not rush to judgment about the Duke Lacrosse case and who thought something smelled rotten in Denmark with that case all along, and it wasn't the boys who were accused.

Respectfully,
RC

http://www.newsobserver.com/content/media/2008/7/22/20080722_cooperletter.pdf

This bozo attorney is the one looking for publicity.
Dragging the Duke lacrosse case as a parallel is plain stupid.

911 calls are public record and not released by the cops for any other reason.

lunarmodule
07-22-2008, 08:41 PM
I was tied up all day in meetings and just catching up on the posts. The 911 call audio from Jessica (or the friend) is just chilling to me. She KNOWS something is not right. And the fact that Nancy was supposed to meet her at 8:00 am, not in the afternoon is new to me as well. This makes her concern at almost 2:00 pm totally understandable, you can tell she's in that "I don't want to think the worst but I'm scared" mode.

My take: the DA has shrewdly sealed the search warrants, refused to name a suspect (to prohibit release of evidence to the defense) and will be seeking a murder indictment on Monday. The release today is just the tightening of the screws. Brad is not as smart as he thinks he is and he is out of his league. He's a classic narcissist and sociopath that Ann Rule would have nailed down in a heartbeat. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to defend himself.

fran
07-22-2008, 09:51 PM
I've only listened the tapes one time each, so I might not have heard it correctly.

Didn't Jessica Adam say she talked to Brad well before she made 911 call (around 9ish) and that's when he told Jessica that NC had gone running w/ Carrie? Did she talk to him again before placing the 911 call?

Also, I took the calls to ER as a possibility that she was injured during the run, b/c she follows it up asking if there were any accidents (which I took to mean car/pedestrian accident).

Yes, Jessica Adam called the Cooper house at 9:00, because Nancy was supposed to meet her at 8:00 to paint. Brad told Jessica Nancy left at 7 and running with 'Carrie.'

Later in the day when Nancy still hadn't shown up, Jessica called again and Brad said Nancy still hadn't returned. Jessica then called the hospital to be sure there had been no accident. After calling the hospital, Jessica called 911.

JMHO
fran

NCBanker
07-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Jewish attorney , Seth Blum is a pro spin-mister.

There is very good reason why the cops have not named him a suspect or person of interest

"But if the nation's prosecutors are backing away from 'suspect', it's probably not because they've gone soft on crime, but because they want to avoid compromising their cases with prejudicial language."

Justthefax, I sincerely do love your posts and keen insight and ability to uncover many things. I think you're awesome. I was a little suprised, however, that you had to point out that Seth Blum is a "Jewish attorney." What bearing does that have on this? In this day and age of being politically correct, that comment could be taken the wrong way. Let me point out that I am not Jewish, but have many Jewish friends who would probably take offense, based on the phrasing. Food for thought...

mahmoo
07-23-2008, 01:55 AM
Wow.....that is BOMBSHELL news!!!!!!http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s198/Mahmooinla/Nancy%20Cooper/avatars/bomb1.jpg

Just the Fax
07-23-2008, 07:51 AM
Justthefax, I sincerely do love your posts and keen insight and ability to uncover many things. I think you're awesome. I was a little suprised, however, that you had to point out that Seth Blum is a "Jewish attorney." What bearing does that have on this? In this day and age of being politically correct, that comment could be taken the wrong way. Let me point out that I am not Jewish, but have many Jewish friends who would probably take offense, based on the phrasing. Food for thought...

Sorry if I offended anyone. I meant no disrespect, although I do think Mr Blum is an egotistical publicity hound.
I was just stating a fact and should have realized it could very well be offensive to some.

carolinalady
07-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Yes, Jessica Adam called the Cooper house at 9:00, because Nancy was supposed to meet her at 8:00 to paint. Brad told Jessica Nancy left at 7 and running with 'Carrie.'

Later in the day when Nancy still hadn't shown up, Jessica called again and Brad said Nancy still hadn't returned. Jessica then called the hospital to be sure there had been no accident. After calling the hospital, Jessica called 911.

JMHO
fran

Thanks! I just didn't remember hearing her say she called him a second time.

I'm glad her friends were concerned about it and got the ball rolling in the search for NC.

I do wonder if BC called any hospitals (since he's not talking). I do know that Western Wake would be the closest to that area (and I believe that the one Jessica Adam says she called).

As for the search warrants being sealed, it seems very commonplace here in high profile cases and they usually state it would compromise an ongoing investigation. I don't think anything is strange about the release of the 911 tapes. Those always seem to get released quickly. I think BC's lawyer is just upset b/c Jessica Adam aired some of BC's dirty laundry. I didn't think it was anything malicious on her part, she was just explaining to 911 why she was concerned about her friend.

headndownstream
07-23-2008, 08:23 AM
I converted these to mp3 if anyone is interested and willing to host.

I don't know how to do that, but I couldn't hear that other link someone provided and couldn't install the plugin available. I have windows 2000, works fine most of the time, but not now :confused:

my son said what i need is mp3 though....

angelmom
07-23-2008, 08:37 AM
It is really incredible to me to listen to both calls together. Jessica's voice is shaking and she is taking those deep breaths that you take to try to calm yourself down and keep from crying. She sounds truly terrified. I feel so bad for her. You know she just KNEW.

And then the call from the guy who found the body...he is so nonchalant. I think I was more emotional when I called to report that someone ran over our mailbox and knocked the fire hydrant down. I realize that he doesn't know her, but I'd be a little freaked out, he had to have known that he just found the woman half the city had been looking for for 2 days! He must be one level headed guy. Good thing - sounds like he didn't disturb much and helped keep the scene preserved.

OT to Just the Fax...I'm with NCBanker on this one. That was uncalled for.

Jess
07-23-2008, 08:43 AM
I don't know how to do that, but I couldn't hear that other link someone provided and couldn't install the plugin available. I have windows 2000, works fine most of the time, but not now :confused:

TRY THIS LINK

http://www.630ched.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLocal/Story.aspx?ID=1017755

Just sclick to play

SleuthyGal
07-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Yes, what Brad didn't count on is that Nancy had some very close girlfriends (or at least one) looking out for her, worrying about her well-being and checking in with her and making plans, etc. Frankly, that's unusual in this day and age when so many people are only concerned with themselves and their lives. This may be, in fact, what allows this case to be solved...because the 911 call did come in fairly quickly, it was done by a FRIEND and not the husband, and the search was on. With the husband not reporting NC missing it focuses the spotlight of doubt in his direction.

Just the Fax
07-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Yes, what Brad didn't count on is that Nancy had some very close girlfriends (or at least one) looking out for her, worrying about her well-being and checking in with her and making plans, etc. Frankly, that's unusual in this day and age when so many people are only concerned with themselves and their lives. This may be, in fact, what allows this case to be solved...because the 911 call did come in fairly quickly, it was done by a FRIEND and not the husband, and the search was on. With the husband not reporting NC missing it focuses the spotlight of doubt in his direction.

She also said they were going through a divorce, not everyday marital issues. Can you imagine the tension in that house when they were living together because he made it impossible for her to leave ?

RoughlyCollie
07-23-2008, 09:07 AM
I had the same problem and it turns out that the newest Real Player doesn't work with a bunch of Windows programs (including XP) - except Vista, I think -- based on my research.

So I downloaded RealPlayer 8 here, and it worked:

http://forms.real.com/real/player/blackjack.html

Respectfully,
RC

fran
07-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Wow.....that is BOMBSHELL news!!!!!!http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s198/Mahmooinla/Nancy%20Cooper/avatars/bomb1.jpg

Yes it was! It just shows how quickly people catch on to these type of situations, ie 'missing person,' = foul play, no foul play. When the friends of the victim suspect something immediately when unable to contact their friend, I'm sure LE knows they most likely have an urgent matter on their hands. They're also trained and have seen first hand, when a person is 'missing,' what to look for to suspect the person isn't missing voluntarily. Nancy fit the mold of NOT leaving of her own accord. ie, wife, mother of two small children, normally extremely reliable.

I recall during the Peterson case, we tried to guess how long it took LE to figure out Scott most likely did it. We thought perhaps within the first two hours or so. During the trial, we found out LE suspected the husband within the first hour. That's why rather than waiting the normal 72 hours to call in detectives, the first responding officers called Broccini. Although it was Christmas Eve and the detective was almost 2 hours away, Modesto LE knew they had a SERIOUS situation.

It amazes me how so many of these guys could be so well educated and, well, very intelligent, yet they do something sooo dumb! It's like they've been so full of THEMSELVES all their life that they think they can do EVERYTHING, including MURDER and get away with it. They always think they're smarter than those that have gone before them and got caught. But, the fact is, they're transparent as heck!

We always hear 'everyone grieves in their own way,' as excuses for the actions of the SO in these cases. But the fact is, there is no play book on 'how not to look guilty,' so the NOT POI quite often plays right into LE's hand.

When these cases occur, the victim and everyone around them becomes an open book. Nothing is sacred when LE is investigating a missing person = murder. Every skelaton falls out of the closet and there is nowhere to hide. Affairs, $$ problems, abuse whether emotional or physical all is revealed in the end.

Soon the girl friend will be revealed, so expect the next excuse for the husband by his attorney to be 'just because someone commits adultry, doesn't make them a murderer.' or something close to that. It's all 'standard operating procedure' in these types of cases. How many times did we hear that about Scott Peterson?

JMHO
fran

PS mahmoo, welcome to Websleuths! and I love your avatar, funny. :)

fran
07-23-2008, 10:46 AM
She also said they were going through a divorce, not everyday marital issues. Can you imagine the tension in that house when they were living together because he made it impossible for her to leave ?

Yeah, the way it was first brought up, like they had a tiff over the mashed potatoes or something.

Divorce is NOT just a 'marital issue.' Especially when one takes passports away to prevent the other from leaving and then withholding any means of support for the entire family.

Utterly ridiculous!

This guy has hidden behind closed doors for so long, somehow he thought all this stuff was not going out? He must be from MARS or something! :eek:

It's obvious by the 911 call, that Nancy was like an open book with her friends. They knew within minutes, that this situation was not right and they didn't believe the husband one bit!

"that is if he's telling the truth," or something like that.

It's so sad to see this happen over and over and over. Again we see that what is out for the world to see isn't necessarily indicative of what is going on behind those closed doors. :(

JMHO
fran

NCBanker
07-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Sorry if I offended anyone. I meant no disrespect, although I do think Mr Blum is an egotistical publicity hound.
I was just stating a fact and should have realized it could very well be offensive to some.
No biggie - I've certainly made my share of gaffes.

sues
07-23-2008, 03:05 PM

Thank you for apologizing. I found that comment incredibly offensive.

n-honor
07-23-2008, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=fran;2408634]Yeah, the way it was first brought up, like they had a tiff over the mashed potatoes or something.

Divorce is NOT just a 'marital issue.' Especially when one takes passports away to prevent the other from leaving and then withholding any means of support for the entire family.

...and didn't BC also say that NC wasn't planning to leave him? Could have sworn one of the media sources had that quote - just issues, nothing serious. If he had taken the passports to prevent her leaving then what was that statement about? If you talk out of both sides of your mouth too much your bound to trip over your own words, huh?

carolinalady
07-23-2008, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE]

...and didn't BC also say that NC wasn't planning to leave him? Could have sworn one of the media sources had that quote - just issues, nothing serious. If he had taken the passports to prevent her leaving then what was that statement about? If you talk out of both sides of your mouth too much your bound to trip over your own words, huh?

No, I think it was in response to her missing status. I remember him saying she wouldn't just take off.

fran
07-23-2008, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE=n-honor;2410187]

No, I think it was in response to her missing status. I remember him saying she wouldn't just take off.

I can't quite remember, but I think it was all kind of in the same conversation. Like, yeah we were having marital issues, but she wouldn't just take off.

At least, that's kinda' how I took it.

JMHO
fran

rmass
08-20-2008, 10:09 PM
The original 911 call by JA is still occasionally referenced, so I decided to transcribe it as best as I could. See link below:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgv9kg5q_055dk2k46

I was going back and listening to the audio file multiple times and decided a written version would help. Hope others find it useful, too.

SleuthyGal
08-20-2008, 10:26 PM
WOW rmass! THANK YOU so much for transcribing the call! That is so very helpful. :clap:

EntreNous
08-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Absolutely, well done! :clap: I think it's important to have it out there in black & white.

Thank you!

Star12
08-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Thank you for doing that.

However, I still maintain that I hear "in there" the second time the cell phone is referenced.

rmass
08-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Thank you for doing that.

However, I still maintain that I hear "in there" the second time the cell phone is referenced.

Well, I heard it as "is" at first after many listens. Since you brought it up, I went back and cranked up the volume to the max. It could go either way, but now I hear "in" more times than not. So, I went back and updated the transcript.

Good ears, Star12! (Mine are now ringing.) :)