PDA

View Full Version : Caylee Anthony 2 years old #13 General Discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Lucy's mom
07-24-2008, 11:47 PM
:blowkiss:Truly, thank god that girl had you!! You should be commended.

I 2nd that! Thank you Truly!!!!

CW
07-24-2008, 11:47 PM
I have a question and if it's already been asked and answered please forgive me. How can Cindy and George, Caseys mother be posting a $250,000.00 reward if they don't have $50,000.00 to pay a bondsman to bail Casey out of jail. IMO I believe the reason she can post that award amount is because she know's Caylee is dead and that she and her daughter and most likely her husband know's where Caylee is. Am I crazy for thinking this thought?

nursebeeme
07-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Was there a spotting supposedly in Georgia? I hate to say it but guess where Jesse is moving to per his book stuff that was posted last night I think. Would be wonderful if she was alive and Casey had plans for them to run away to Georgia.
:doh:DOH! good thoughts busylady, as usual! What is the 'book stuff'?

Chilly Willy
07-24-2008, 11:49 PM
I have a question and if it's already been asked and answered please forgive me. How can Cindy and George, Caseys mother be posting a $250,000.00 reward if they don't have $50,000.00 to pay a bondsman to bail Casey out of jail. IMO I believe the reason she can post that award amount is because she know's Caylee is dead and that she and her daughter and most likely her husband know's where Caylee is. Am I crazy for thinking this thought?
The reward is being offered by others, not by Casey's family.

olive

No, not at all. But the reward money is being offered by local businesspeople, not the family.

Truly
Truly, thank god that girl had you!! You should be commended.

LOL! No...I'm lucky I have them! I'm a Mom~Ish, and a Grandma~ish! They are so awesome! Love to all. This is a great and loving place just filled with good and caring people. :blowkiss:

*~Aimee~*
07-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Sword'sMan View Post
No, the mother stated that Jesse Grund was believed to be the father at the time of babysitting. She's not bright enough when she speaks to get things clear. The authorities seem to be believe that the father is dead and this is a "dead" issue. Sorry for the pun but it seems much to do about nothing in regards to finding Caylee. As mercenary and coniving as Casey is she would have put the screws to whoever was the father and that would be discovered in some sort of financial records.

Was this Jesse's dad? If so he has some telling statements about Cindy and Casey. Could he be cluing us in that there is some sort of financial records?

yep I thougtht that last night.

DianeB
I have a question and if it's already been asked and answered please forgive me. How can Cindy and George, Caseys mother be posting a $250,000.00 reward if they don't have $50,000.00 to pay a bondsman to bail Casey out of jail. IMO I believe the reason she can post that award amount is because she know's Caylee is dead and that she and her daughter and most likely her husband know's where Caylee is. Am I crazy for thinking this thought?The reward money wasn't put up by the family. The bulk of it was donated by a wealthy local car dealer, and I think a missing children's organization is also participating.

The family has set up a trust fund for Caylee that was under discussion earlier today - no one seems quite sure what that is for.

Blink34
Hahaha..
On NG, Baez did NOT meet with LE 30 minutes after the show as he said he would do.

Mike Brooks: "Baez is too busy running his piehole"

Now THAT's a great signature line for someone.

LOL, I volunteer!!!

RR0004
07-24-2008, 11:51 PM
We saw the same thing in Scott Peterson. He seemed to believe that people would simply accept the disappearance of Laci and Conner, and that in January, a month later, he would be able to romance Amber Frey publicly. He also partied while others were sick with worry about Laci. There's something in their heads that just isn't right.
Yes, it's called sociopathy.

mkay882
07-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athy
where did she go to look for her?

Does she golf?

RR0004
07-24-2008, 11:53 PM
It might stand to reason that if she left it on this bad side of town (isn't that what a local did tell us?) that maybe she was hoping someone would steal it?
Good thought.

DianeB
07-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Ah, so I see the Rev. has weighed in with his take on Casey's personality.

And an unflattering picture it is he's painted.

UCFAlumni2002
07-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Goldenroad and Colonial is not necessarily a bad part of town. It's not necessarily upclass and snooty, but definitely not the hood.

Blink34
07-24-2008, 11:55 PM
The reward money wasn't put up by the family. The bulk of it was donated by a wealthy local car dealer, and I think a missing children's organization is also participating.

The family has set up a trust fund for Caylee that was under discussion earlier today - no one seems quite sure what that is for.

Just adding the reward is good for 90 days from now, and is only for information leading to Caylee's safe return.

Chilly Willy
07-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athy
where did she go to look for her?

Does she golf?

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

nursebeeme
07-24-2008, 11:57 PM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/memberlist.php?&pp=50&order=asc&sort=username&ltr=S&page=23

seems our sword's man has left the building

KR2tonenow
07-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Maybe LE could start asking who the natural father is of this child, and if in fact the biological father has Caylee, and if not, where is Caylee's body?? I sure hope this Casey starts talking, and the Grandma stops covering for her. The fact the Grandma brought up the car being stolen first and money, really makes you wonder, what's really going on, and the family doesn't seem that upset about missing Caylee. Are there searches underway, are their descriptions of what Caylee was wearing??

Casey better start talking!

Leila
07-24-2008, 11:58 PM
My thoughts on Greta so far? I am glad she has her panel back tonight. I agree with Ted and Bernie. What kind of a mother is that calm when her child has been missing for 31 days???

I was bothered too by how calm Casey was in speaking to the 911 operator. When the operator asked for the name of the babysittter, Casey spelled the first name and then said, "Fernandez hyphen Gonzolas. Someone who is under stress just doesn't think that precisely to add the hyphen in surnames. By contrast, look at her mother's reactions to speaking with the 911 operator. And also compare her composure to other 911 calls we've heard.

UCFAlumni2002

Windchime, I see where you are going with this, but supposedly this reward money has been donated from others- one a businessman and another from a nonprofit called Never Loose Hope Foundation of Orlando.

abrakadabra
hey all...

so, i took it upon myself to message jesse's dad on his myspace, from mine, and simply ask him what we all have wanted to kno... could jesse be the dad.

i explained that that is why (in my opinion) many of started talking about him/his family to begin with... no one knew where the bio. dad was and no one had proof that he was dead. and with jesse seemly genuinely interested and him having pics up and his mom having a newborn pic up, etc... that that led to questions.

we'll see if he answers and maybe that'll clear up THAT aspect of the story.

Busylady
07-24-2008, 11:59 PM
:doh:DOH! good thoughts busylady, as usual! What is the 'book stuff'?

Sorry it should of said facebook stuff.

Blink34
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/memberlist.php?&pp=50&order=asc&sort=username&ltr=S&page=23

seems our sword's man has left the building

If somebody posted this already I'm sorry, catching up, but does everyone know swordsman is Jesse's Dad?

ETA: Duh, Im guessing so, Abka- can you also ask him what the deal is with his bulgy muscle dude references on his site?

liltigress
LOL, I volunteer!!!

:laugh::Banane23::laugh::Banane13::laugh:

nursebeeme
truly,
Thank you so very, very, very much for sharing...and thank you to all the rest of you as well for sharing similar things that underscore your passion here.

my classmate, Tina Marie Harmon, was kidnapped, tied, brutally raped, and murdered when I was in second grade. That is why I am here. I have never, ever, ever been able to get it out of my mind...he little black desk chair sitting there all empty....

UCFAlumni2002
Just adding the reward is good for 90 days from now, and is only for information leading to Caylee's safe return.

Is it just me, or are you sick and tired of hearing reward for safe return? AS much as I pray that is the case with every single missing person, you just wonder if the reward was for any information leading to Caylee's whereabouts, that maybe someone would come forward?

SLY
07-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Well, we are all coming on here being sneaky then, since no one uses their own name or posts personal information that can identify them.

~Snip

Nope! you're wrong! I post with my real name & even have my street sign as my avatar.

If people don't wanna discuss crime cases they shouldn't come here. And most surely shouldn't tell us people that like sleuthing not to.

Back O/T... that looooooooooong grpa letter seemed so unchristian to me.

Sly
yes my REAL name, I was born with it & like it a lot

Texana
07-25-2008, 12:00 AM
I couldn't believe the difference between the grandmother's 911 call and her words on television.

She's completely accusatory of her daughter in the phone call, she says she smelled a dead body in the car, but on television says it was old pizza perhaps?

I've had old fast food left in odd spots in my car and nothing has come close to the smell of a decomposing human body. Not even when we accidentally spilled the glass of milk left in the car.

nursebeeme
07-25-2008, 12:01 AM
I was bothered too by how calm Casey was in speaking to the 911 operator. When the operator asked for the name of the babysittter, Casey spelled the first name and then said, "Fernandez hyphen Gonzolas. Someone who is under stress just doesn't think that precisely to add the hyphen in surnames. By contrast, look at her mother's reactions to speaking with the 911 operator. And also compare her composure to other 911 calls we've heard.

Question to our very own Annette or anyone else who knows...is it common to hyphenate latino names like that? Could the hyphen be a way to throw someone off...say like giving LE a bogus number???? Should we not be looking for the hyphen?:confused:

liltigress
07-25-2008, 12:02 AM
Goldenroad and Colonial is not necessarily a bad part of town. It's not necessarily upclass and snooty, but definitely not the hood.

Ah ok. I was thinking someone last night said it was a drug part of town. Thanks :)

Leila
OT...greta is going to have two people on that secretly taped drew peterson for many months! sorry it was OT...

Saw it..............:)

WISCer
True, and most of the personal information we get comes from MySpace, Facebook, Blogs, and forums. When ever you use your real name on any public place on the web tomorrow they could be researching you.

Good Grief. I can see it now..."I told you that Curiosity Cat was crazy".........:crazy::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:abnormal: Shrinker.....:angel:

UCFAlumni2002
07-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Ah ok. I was thinking someone last night said it was a drug part of town. Thanks :)

It's not that far from the University- probably a good 5-10 miles at the most. It's on the east side of downtown. You have your typical middle class crowd there.

KR2tonenow
07-25-2008, 12:05 AM
I couldn't believe the difference between the grandmother's 911 call and her words on television.

She's completely accusatory of her daughter in the phone call, she says she smelled a dead body in the car, but on television says it was old pizza perhaps?

I've had old fast food left in odd spots in my car and nothing has come close to the smell of a decomposing human body. Not even when we accidentally spilled the glass of milk left in the car.

Right, her backpedalling is pathetic. No one believes her.

Faenorwyn
truly,
Thank you so very, very, very much for sharing...and thank you to all the rest of you as well for sharing similar things that underscore your passion here.

my classmate, Tina Marie Harmon, was kidnapped, tied, brutally raped, and murdered when I was in second grade. That is why I am here. I have never, ever, ever been able to get it out of my mind...he little black desk chair sitting there all empty....

I'm so sorry to hear that. :( :blowkiss: I'm sure that little girl is grateful for the work you do now for other victims.

Deedlbugg
I doubt anyone does it to intentionally be mean or hurtful.... I think it's people's frustration at Casey's behavior since this story broke. It's impossible to get your mind around the idea that a mother would mislead police, the FBI, her own family when it comes to producing her own baby. The more you try to understand this... the more your imagination takes over.

I think people post at boards such as this one because they deeply care about VICTIMS of crimes... for many different reasons.

In the old days, it would only be neighbors whispering on their phones or behind fences about what happened with that family down the street.

Suddenly, you have the entire world reduced to a neighborhood due to 24/7 news coverage AND the internet. People start to feel emotionally invested in stranger's lives.

That's a double-edged sword.... you have a world of support at your disposal BUT you can also unearth a lot of neighborhood gossips who LOVE a scandal.

The media doesn't help when they keep using stories as these mainly as 'teases' for their own ratings. They love to fuel a fire but don't offer any worthwhile 'news.'

Thank you LI, I couldn't agree more. That is EXACTLY why I am here. Although it is also some strange fascination I can't completely explain either. I think that sleuthing on here is also a way for us/me to somehow deal with the world we have come to live in. The media has this stuff in our faces and available to us 24/7. It is a blessing and a curse. We can either wallow in it or become immune to it, or we can try to do SOMETHING! Anything to help us not feel so useless with stuff like this happening all around us day after day. And while I pray every night for Caylee and others like her, many times the ones who were supposed to love them the most DIDN'T. While I am personally blessed with much more than I deserve, I am shocked and saddened at the pain that has touched so many people's lives. I want to help in any way I can.

On another note, while I was SURE I read somewhere that there was a positive Luminol test, I have been unable to find it. Too many posts, transcripts and videos to go through each one. So I stand corrected. While all the other evidence proves otherwise, this somehow gives me a small ray of hope for her safe return as to me the Luminol meant blood. Without confirmation of blood in the trunk...hope. I know there is still the dogs(and everything else) but I still NEED to have a little.

Blink34
Is it just me, or are you sick and tired of hearing reward for safe return? AS much as I pray that is the case with every single missing person, you just wonder if the reward was for any information leading to Caylee's whereabouts, that maybe someone would come forward?

I dont want to discourage people from being vigilant about seeing MP and reporting them, but in reality, the rewards if they are to really work, should be denominational for both options, safe return- or other.
I dont like the connotation, I have been in that situation and the reward offer was for "whereabouts" non-specific to whether alive or dead.

InsomniacWoman
07-25-2008, 12:06 AM
totally o/t don't even tell me that...i'm adopted, all my adopted family is gone now except for my kids. i would love to find my birth mom but all i know is her name.

I'm adopted too, feel free to PM me anytime :)

Chilly Willy
07-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Right, her backpedalling is pathetic. No one believes her.

I really wish people would not speak for others.

Chilly Willy
07-25-2008, 12:08 AM
I dont want to discourage people from being vigilant about seeing MP and reporting them, but in reality, the rewards if they are to really work, should be denominational for both options, safe return- or other.
I dont like the connotation, I have been in that situation and the reward offer was for "whereabouts" non-specific to whether alive or dead.

Perhaps they're offering the reward for information leading to the SAFE return of Caylee as a way to prevent whoever may have her from doing her harm.

nursebeeme
07-25-2008, 12:08 AM
I am too and so is my son...and I found my birthmother two years ago...Pm me too:)

RR0004
07-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Where did he post his letter...I missed it.
He said he was going to post his message here as well. I have no idea if he has or not.

UCFAlumni2002
07-25-2008, 12:11 AM
Thank you LI, I couldn't agree more. That is EXACTLY why I am here. Although it is also some strange fascination I can't completely explain either. I think that sleuthing on here is also a way for us/me to somehow deal with the world we have come to live in. The media has this stuff in our faces and available to us 24/7. It is a blessing and a curse. We can either wallow in it or become immune to it, or we can try to do SOMETHING! Anything to help us not feel so useless with stuff like this happening all around us day after day. And while I pray every night for Caylee and others like her, many times the ones who were supposed to love them the most DIDN'T. While I am personally blessed with much more than I deserve, I am shocked and saddened at the pain that has touched so many people's lives. I want to help in any way I can.

On another note, while I was SURE I read somewhere that there was a positive Luminol test, I have been unable to find it. Too many posts, transcripts and videos to go through each one. So I stand corrected. While all the other evidence proves otherwise, this somehow gives me a small ray of hope for her safe return as to me the Luminol meant blood. Without confirmation of blood in the trunk...hope. I know there is still the dogs(and everything else) but I still NEED to have a little.

Two and a half years agao today, I didn't even know this forum existed, let alone actually read and post here.

Ever since UCF Alumnus Jennifer Kesse went missing that fateful January 24, 2006 morning from Orlando, FL, this site is a way to keep the awareness of her abduction alive. I suppose it's the fact that it could happen to anyone at anytime. Thats why I'm here.

liltigress
07-25-2008, 12:12 AM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67972

Please read!

Leila
07-25-2008, 12:12 AM
I seriously hope that LE comes back with the testing in the trunk soon If they can say that hair was from a decomposing Caylee then maybe GM, GP, and Lee can get Casey to say where Caylee is.

Is it my understanding that if the stain in the trunk is indeed the decomposition fluid, that it can be tested like DNA to see if it matches Caylee?????

From what Dr. Baden said on Greta last night, yes...............hair also goes through a decomposition, so if DNA determines the hair is from Caylee, it can also determine if the hair came from Caylee while she was alive, or if it came from a deceased Caylee. The stain, if it's body fluid, can be used for DNA analysis.

It was stated in one report that the FBI crime lab in Virginia would do the testing. I'm hoping they might come back with the results soon. I believe it's been a week now since the car was processed.

If the results indicate that Caylee is deceased, perhaps she will then talk.

UCFAlumni2002
07-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Perhaps they're offering the reward for information leading to the SAFE return of Caylee as a way to prevent whoever may have her from doing her harm.

I understand the reasoning, but it's frustrating none-the-less. In today's society, so many people just look the other way. Look at Denise Amber Lee... more then one person heard/saw her fighting for her life that fateful January day, but only one called 911 as it was happening. If people took the time to just pick up the phone and call the police, evenif the non emergency number whenever something odd was going on, then maybe some of the tragedies going on would cease.

I just believe that a reward should not have stipulations on safe return- I would want answers- plain and simple.

RR0004
07-25-2008, 12:13 AM
? Are you saying that the person who "may" have her would come forward to be given the reward? Or if there were those who knew this mysterious person they would be motivated to tell this person not to hurt her? I don't think the "kidnapper" gets to keep the money...ever. Please explain. Thanks!

RR0004
07-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Two and a half years agao today, I didn't even know this forum existed, let alone actually read and post here.

Ever since UCF Alumnus Jennifer Kesse went missing that fateful January 24, 2006 morning from Orlando, FL, this site is a way to keep the awareness of her abduction alive. I suppose it's the fact that it could happen to anyone at anytime. Thats why I'm here.
oxoxoxox

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 12:14 AM
I dont like the connotation, I have been in that situation and the reward offer was for "whereabouts" non-specific to whether alive or dead.I agree! I don't like it when they are misleading or otherwise written by an Attorney as to "criteria" which first must be met to collect. This is not what rewards are about. It is to find answers not to nitpick! Give the money freely if you are in a position to do so and pay for the information you are given...not information you ONLY want to hear.

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 12:18 AM
From what Dr. Baden said on Greta last night, yes...............hair also goes through a decomposition, so if DNA determines the hair is from Caylee, it can also determine if the hair came from Caylee while she was alive, or if it came from a deceased Caylee. The stain, if it's body fluid, can be used for DNA analysis.

It was stated in one report that the FBI crime lab in Virginia would do the testing. I'm hoping they might come back with the results soon. I believe it's been a week now since the car was processed.

If the results indicate that Caylee is deceased, perhaps she will then talk.I wouldn't count on Casey talking at all. She is beyond that. She doesn't care. However, I think that anything the family is covering or otherwise hiding about this situation will then come forward either by them or by LE.

UCFAlumni2002
07-25-2008, 12:18 AM
oxoxoxox

Thanks... I just wish that someone would start talking in this case. In a way, maybe there was a decomposing body in Casey's car, but maybe it wasn't Caylee and that is why she isn't talking?? Maybe something else happened and whoever has Caylee is protecting her?!?!? I have no clue- grasping at straws.

Chilly Willy
07-25-2008, 12:21 AM
? Are you saying that the person who "may" have her would come forward to be given the reward? Or if there were those who knew this mysterious person they would be motivated to tell this person not to hurt her? I don't think the "kidnapper" gets to keep the money...ever. Please explain. Thanks!

I'm saying that IF the reward is offered for Caylee's SAFE return the kidnapper (as if) knows that they can not profit by playing innnocent and phoning in a tip or whatever about where deceased Caylee might be found. It COULD be incentive to keep Caylee alive. Considering that the money is donated, perhaps the donor's main concern is actually to bring the child back alive. If that doesn't happen, they will have the money to offer again in hopes of saving another child's life. Or, they may, if this case is ruled a homicide, change the terms of the reward.

athy
07-25-2008, 12:23 AM
I wouldn't count on Casey talking at all. She is beyond that. She doesn't care. However, I think that anything the family is covering or otherwise hiding about this situation will then come forward either by them or by LE.

you know they might not even realize they're "hiding" something. at the time they got the car it smelled bad and they cleaned it out probably. so any prints or anything that was in the car were probably cleaned. they didn't realize until later that Caylee was missing. as far as Casey's friends go Casey seemed to have put Caylee out of her mind so either didn't really say anything to them or they're use to her making up stories so didn't think anything of what she was saying because they didn't know Caylee was missing. i'm pretty sure that now everyone knows things are coming back to them and i hope they go to LE not gmom. because right now gmom only wants to hear, to believe Caylee is alive. anything that might lead to something else, i don't think she could handle.

UCFAlumni2002
07-25-2008, 12:23 AM
My point Chilly Willy is that so far, every time I've seen a reward for SAFE RETURN I have not seen any closure. I believe that reward should be for the whereabouts of the missing person.

WISCer
07-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Gosh...sometimes I don't think I'll ever catch up! Don't know how long I'll get to be "with" you guys tonight...hubby's concerned I'm getting too emotionally involved...(he's concerned about me and I'm concerned about a missing 2 yr old :)).

I know this...if something, God forbid, ever happened to one of my babies...I'd want you guys "looking". I wouldn't care what you said about my parenting skills as long as you helped me. This case makes me want to beat my head against the wall until it's a bloody stump!

RR0004
07-25-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm saying that IF the reward is offered for Caylee's SAFE return the kidnapper (as if) knows that they can not profit by playing innnocent and phoning in a tip or whatever about where deceased Caylee might be found. It COULD be incentive to keep Caylee alive. Considering that the money is donated, perhaps the donor's main concern is actually to bring the child back alive. If that doesn't happen, they will have the money to offer again in hopes of saving another child's life. Or, they may, if this case is ruled a homicide, change the terms of the reward.
Gotcha...thanks.

nursebeeme
07-25-2008, 12:27 AM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67972

Please read!

this is the info I submitted to Tricia...if I missed anything or got anything wrong click on the above link that lil was so kind to post and post what you know.

~Becky your forever friend in websleuthing!!!:):clap::):clap:

Tricia,
Hello there and that you for all that you do.

Jesse's dad is in shock. His son was in the innermost circle of the POI in this case and undoubtably he has come under scrutiny. I have not seen name anything but supposition and sleuthing IMHO.

Here is what we know about Jesse:

~he was engaged to Casey

~in the bond hearing, the grandmother testified, when asked who had cared for Caylee since she was born Grandma stated Jesse Grund and his family. When the judge asked why? Grandma answered that she thought Jesse was the father.

~Jesse has submitted his phone records to LE and also been interviewed and made a formal statement that he talked to the poi on or about 24 June for 18 minutes (per the bond hearing this was verified by LE). Jesse claims he heard Caylee in the background and her mother telling her to 'get off the table'. This was the same day Jesse was going to resign his police position.

~According to his facebook he was moving to Georgia.

~there have been multiple sightings of Caylee in Georgia as well as on a flight from Orlando to Atlanta.

http://www.wftv.com/news/16981004/detail.html (http://www.wftv.com/news/16981004/detail.html)

this page has links to all that I have said above except for the face book...that is on the caylee subforum and I will have to look that up

Hope this helps.
~Becky

Chilly Willy
07-25-2008, 12:27 AM

If the results indicate that Caylee is deceased, perhaps she will then talk.

This has me very confused because it seems to me that during the Scott Peterson case it was said that it could not be determined from Laci's hair whether she was alive or dead at the time it was pulled from her head.

I have a difficult time believing that LE doesn't have those lab results yet. How long does it take to look at fluids/evidence under a microscope? DNA testing might take weeks, but determining what the stain is and if a body has been in that trunk shouldn't take any time at all. I think LE knows more than they're saying.

Blink34
07-25-2008, 12:29 AM
I really wish people would not speak for others.

Fair comment. I agree.

thisbliss
07-25-2008, 12:30 AM
The Grund family has previous experience with Casey, they may have info that could be useful to LE. Not to mention Jesse seemed to stay in contact with Casey despite the broken engagement. How many of you would be willing to go the beach with your ex fiancee? I dare to say not too many. Personally I think Jesse and Caylee favor, but it is really hard to tell paternity by looking at a photo. The posts about their involvement were not put out there as fact, just tossing around possible scenarios.
JMO, IMO, MOO......etc.

SeriouslySearching
Interesting angle, UCFA. However, the hair is consistent with Caylee's in length and color. Doesn't sound to me like it could be someone else's body, but say it is...It wouldn't be the first time that someone's feet were held to the fire, so to speak, to prevent them from talking. We do know that Casey contended at some point that she worried about them harming Caylee if she talked. She mentioned she saw it in movies and on tv, I believe was the reference.

We do know that Casey was involved with some players. Hard to say who she had actual contact with or who their friends are etc. It wouldn't be out of the question for someone who owns a club in the Orlando area to be "connected" to some rather shady characters. We do know that she stole money from her parents, she is accused of stealing money from someone she considered her good friend, and there are probably others. We also know that alot of it happened during that month when they consider Caylee missing which may or may not be true.

Could there actually be a person who called herself Zenaida? Someone who stole that identity and was presented as her for almost 2 years? The "Jeff" person who used the same sitter has the answers to this. Where is he and who is he?

drip~drop
It looks that way. LOL.

I am too and so is my son...and I found my birthmother two years ago...Pm me too:)

I was adpoted too.
Didn't find out the truth til I was.....well....older but I did get to find my bio-family. In fact, once I was told the truth and given some papers, my mom and I were talking less then 24 hours later!
Maybe someone should make a social group called Adoption.

on topic..
There is something about Cindy. She is not being forward, imo.
To start off saying "it smells like a dead body in my damn car" to "it's old pizza" is a streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech.
I just don't believe that little Caylee is alive. :(
SOMEBODY NEEDS TO SPEAK UP ---------CASEY! CINDY!:mad:

Blink34
07-25-2008, 12:31 AM
This has me very confused because it seems to me that during the Scott Peterson case it was said that it could not be determined from Laci's hair whether she was alive or dead at the time it was pulled from her head.

I have a difficult time believing that LE doesn't have those lab results yet. How long does it take to look at fluids/evidence under a microscope? DNA testing might take weeks, but determining what the stain is and if a body has been in that trunk shouldn't take any time at all. I think LE knows more than they're saying.

I posted a few times on here today I believe at least a few of the tests are back, and I think Baez/Anthony's know, thus why Baez wont let Caylee talk without immunity

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Well the 911 calls were interesting. IMO, gma was on the right track when she made the 911 calls. She immediately saw the writing on the wall. Something changed after that to make her behavior change 180 degrees. She's had a mental breakdown or she's covering up after the fact. I think it's a little of both.

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Gosh...sometimes I don't think I'll ever catch up! Don't know how long I'll get to be "with" you guys tonight...hubby's concerned I'm getting too emotionally involved...(he's concerned about me and I'm concerned about a missing 2 yr old :)).

I know this...if something, God forbid, ever happened to one of my babies...I'd want you guys "looking". I wouldn't care what you said about my parenting skills as long as you helped me. This case makes me want to beat my head against the wall until it's a bloody stump!Well, for Gosh sakes...don't do that! We would surely accuse your hubby and then rip apart your online diary then if that didn't turn up anything...we would go after your parents, siblings, college roomates, and your childhood friends. (chuckling)

Tell hubby we are really normal people who have a passion that says it is NEVER OK for a child to go missing, an adult go missing, or that crimes happen to good people.

RR0004
07-25-2008, 12:35 AM

I know this...if something, God forbid, ever happened to one of my babies...I'd want you guys "looking". I wouldn't care what you said about my parenting skills as long as you helped me. This case makes me want to beat my head against the wall until it's a bloody stump!
Oh, please don't do that!!

I think I better call it a night, folks! Before I go, I just want to say that I really can't understand why Casey won't talk with LE. I've tried and I've tried, but it doesn't make any sense not to. For Pete's sake, this is her child. They've arrested her on relatively minor charges (compared to what they could be). How can it hurt to give them information? If she hasn't harmed the child, how can what she tells them make her look any worse than she does right now? I think this family is being ill-advised by their attorney. JMO.
BTW- I also can't fathom Casey killing her child...just not there yet. But, that says more about me than it does about her.

UCFAlumni2002
07-25-2008, 12:36 AM
I almost believe that IF Caylee is no longer with us, that it was not intentional, but rather an accident and that Casey freaked out and tried to cover it up. That is MHO

nursebeeme
07-25-2008, 12:38 AM
good night RR!

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 12:41 AM
I posted a few times on here today I believe at least a few of the tests are back, and I think Baez/Anthony's know, thus why Baez wont let Caylee talk without immunityYes. Baez smells the mone...I mean he sees that this case is proceeding towards a Murder charge and he wants to make certain that his client doesn't say another word. It is exactly the reason he won't allow a meeting with LE. They only have one question for her which he won't allow her to answer: What happened to Caylee?

SuziQ
I posted a few times on here today I believe at least a few of the tests are back, and I think Baez/Anthony's know, thus why Baez wont let Caylee talk without immunity

Exactly. The only thing LE wants to hear is a confession and her attorney is not going to let Casey do that for a very long time, if Casey ever confesses that is.

athy
in the beginning i wondered if this was set up to get money from the parents from Casey and perhaps an acomplise...but i then also got to thinking if Casey had said it to her parents and friends right away then perhaps that would go along with it. and maybe even i could try to believe that someone took her and Casey has been trying to find her but her actions don't/didn't match. the whole time before LE were called she didn't act like someone who's child was missing.

RR0004
I almost believe that IF Caylee is no longer with us, that it was not intentional, but rather an accident and that Casey freaked out and tried to cover it up. That is MHO
I entertained that as well. But, she was partying...surely she can't be that cold?

Leila
It might stand to reason that if she left it on this bad side of town (isn't that what a local did tell us?) that maybe she was hoping someone would steal it?

I'd like to know if the car was left unlocked? Were the keys left in it? I'm wondering if Casey left the car open so that it would be an easy target for thieves?

RR0004
07-25-2008, 12:43 AM
good night RR!
Sorry I can't stick around my friend. I can't see, let alone think straight.
Tomorrow's another day.
Sleep tight little Caylee!

UCFAlumni2002
07-25-2008, 12:44 AM
I entertained that as well. But, she was partying...surely she can't be that cold?

u would hope not.... the only saving grace imho is that Casey is still in jail and not at home with the potential of taking whatever she knows with her to the grave like MD did.

SeriouslySearching
I almost believe that IF Caylee is no longer with us, that it was not intentional, but rather an accident and that Casey freaked out and tried to cover it up. That is MHOIt could very well be. If she will lead them to her and tell them everything that happened...they could sort it out. If it was truly an accident...there should be some proof of such happening. While it doesn't bode well that she went out partying after it happened, they would take into consideration it may not have been intentional and she just covered it up.

LinetteH
Maybe this has been suggested but I do not remember seeing it anywhere so here goes...

First--does Casey have access to news while in jail? If so, is it possible that Cindy is going out of her way to be "supportive" of Casey in order to gain her trust to find out where Caylee is? I know I have read more than once that Cindy and Casey had a questionable mother/daughter relationship at best. Maybe Cindy's apparent inconsistencies are stemming from her desire to be supportive of Casey to Casey's knowledge or ability to see???

I know it is a stretch but I have thought for days now that if I believed one of my children had done something to a grandchild I would do whatever was in my power to get the information out of her. Maybe Casey told Amy or someone what happened and how her mother would hate her and she always loved Caylee more etc...perhaps Cindy is trying to manipulate Casey into giving up information regarding the whereabouts of Casey.

When I watched her leaving the courtroom after leaving the bond hearing my first thought was "She doesn't even believe what she herself is saying--she can't even say it with conviction!"

Sorry for the ramble--just thinking out loud.

Leila
07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
This sounds plausible to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't take media with him. Actually, a pretty good diversion, isn't it? Maybe DP should have tried that one in Thailand.

That would have been interesting! LOL

SewingDeb
07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Nite RR. Sleep tight.

UCFAlumni2002
07-25-2008, 12:47 AM
Maybe this has been suggested but I do not remember seeing it anywhere so here goes...

First--does Casey have access to news while in jail? If so, is it possible that Cindy is going out of her way to be "supportive" of Casey in order to gain her trust to find out where Caylee is? I know I have read more than once that Cindy and Casey had a questionable mother/daughter relationship at best. Maybe Cindy's apparent inconsistencies are stemming from her desire to be supportive of Casey to Casey's knowledge or ability to see???

I know it is a stretch but I have thought for days now that if I believed one of my children had done something to a grandchild I would do whatever was in my power to get the information out of her. Maybe Casey told Amy or someone what happened and how her mother would hate her and she always loved Caylee more etc...perhaps Cindy is trying to manipulate Casey into giving up information regarding the whereabouts of Casey.

When I watched her leaving the courtroom after leaving the bond hearing my first thought was "She doesn't even believe what she herself is saying--she can't even say it with conviction!"

A possibility.... hmm... I've never been to jail, so not exactly what they get to see, but my thoughts would be that yes, they would have some access to the news..

Leila
07-25-2008, 12:49 AM
I remember SOMEONE telling us to check out his post. And then just a little while ago someone said that they were told by PM that it was Jesse's dad. I think thats what was said. Anyway,.. if that is the case and this statement was by someone that knows Cindy and Casey,.. then its very telling. I so wish we had someone on here that actually KNOWS them and could give us some back info.

If you check out the member list, that member has been banned.

liltigress
07-25-2008, 12:50 AM
I'd like to know if the car was left unlocked? Were the keys left in it? I'm wondering if Casey left the car open so that it would be an easy target for thieves?

That's a very good theory, isn't it?

Chiming in on Baez too...

I think he is setting up to defend a murder charge. IMO IMO IMO: He's buying time until they find a body, possibly because he may know Casey will crack if LE questions her.

olive
[quote=LinetteH;2415929]First--does Casey have access to news while in jail? If so, is it possible that Cindy is going out of her way to be "supportive" of Casey in order to gain her trust to find out where Caylee is? I know I have read more than once that Cindy and Casey had a questionable mother/daughter relationship at best. Maybe Cindy's apparent inconsistencies are stemming from her desire to be supportive of Casey to Casey's knowledge or ability to see???
/quote]

That is very plausible. That makes more sense to me than grandma covering for Casey. If GM didn't have anything to do with this, your scenario makes the most sense for her strange behavior.

Kids may know how to manipulate their parents...but it's a two-way street.

mkay882
u would hope not.... the only saving grace imho is that Casey is still in jail and not at home with the potential of taking whatever she knows with her to the grave like MD did.

I am so afraid if Casey makes bond she will kill herself or at the very least run.....leaving the dog wearing her GPS tracker...

IMO She would be better left where she sits.

She can just as easily tell where Caylee is from her kitchen table or her bunk in the cell.

She doesn't want to tell because she is worried about her own hide. I fear it is too late for the baby.. :heart:

WISCer
07-25-2008, 12:51 AM
Well, for Gosh sakes...don't do that! We would surely accuse your hubby and then rip apart your online diary then if that didn't turn up anything...we would go after your parents, siblings, college roomates, and your childhood friends. (chuckling)

Tell hubby we are really normal people who have a passion that says it is NEVER OK for a child to go missing, an adult go missing, or that crimes happen to good people.

LOL! What's funny to me is he's "secretly" reading up on the case too! Throwing out comments here and there....

You know the more I've tho't about this the more I believe that whatever happened to Caylee was accidental...as in negligence. I don't think Casey intentionally harmed her but being as immature as she appeared in court just was negligent in Caylee's care (I KNOW, I'm trying to give the benefit of doubt, here). But, the COVER-UP of all of this is what really rips it for me...Just let the poor baby rest in peace.

nite, RR.

UCFAlumni2002
07-25-2008, 12:51 AM
I am so afraid if Casey makes bond she will kill herself or at the very least run.....leaving the dog wearing her GPS tracker...

She can just as easily tell where Caylee is from her kitchen table or her bunk in the cell.

She doesn't want to tell because she is worried about her own hide. I fear it is too late for the baby.. :heart:

Sadly, I agree with you. Those gut instincts are horrendous and my gut is telling me that she is another angel watching over us.

DianeB
07-25-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm saying that IF the reward is offered for Caylee's SAFE return the kidnapper (as if) knows that they can not profit by playing innnocent and phoning in a tip or whatever about where deceased Caylee might be found. It COULD be incentive to keep Caylee alive. On the other hand, if someone is aware that Caylee is not alive and has pertinent information about where her body is, this particular reward gives them no incentive to step forward.

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 12:52 AM
That is what we do here. Think outloud. I see where you are coming from tho. Not that I agree, but say Cindy was doing this whole dog n pony show to that end. I would think that Cindy would be also telling her daughter that she needs to tell them where Caylee MIGHT be. She has never addressed her daughter in that respect that I know of. I haven't seen her crying and begging for Casey to tell them. I haven't seen her on her hands and knees (like I would be) to give them ANYTHING! I haven't seen her plead for her grandaughter's very life to the people who may have her or know something to come forward. (Their website advises ALL of her friends NOT to talk without talking to them first! At least, that is what I took it to mean!)

Instead, she is ordering around the Prosecutor, the Judge, the media, or anyone else that she feels makes her look bad.

UCFAlumni2002
07-25-2008, 12:54 AM
That is what we do here. Think outloud. I see where you are coming from tho. Not that I agree, but say Cindy was doing this whole dog n pony show to that end. I would think that Cindy would be also telling her daughter that she needs to tell them where Caylee MIGHT be. She has never addressed her daughter in that respect that I know of. I haven't seen her crying and begging for Casey to tell them. I haven't seen her on her hands and knees (like I would be) to give them ANYTHING! I haven't seen her plead for her grandaughter's very life to the people who may have her or know something to come forward. (Their website advises ALL of her friends NOT to talk without talking to them first! At least, that is what I took it to mean!)

Instead, she is ordering around the Prosecutor, the Judge, the media, or anyone else that she feels makes her look bad.

Good points SS.....

*~Aimee~*
07-25-2008, 12:55 AM

I thought they said that she is in a cell with only a blanket (not even her underwear) and on like a suicide watch?

UCFAlumni2002
07-25-2008, 12:55 AM
haven't read that anywhere... hmm

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 12:57 AM
Sadly, I agree with you. Those gut instincts are horrendous and my gut is telling me that she is another angel watching over us.You know I have to ask this...and I apologize, but you did bring it up...but do you not feel the same about Jennifer? I know I do. :(

*~Aimee~*
let me find it...it was a interview with Cindy and lawyer.

Chilly Willy
On the other hand, if someone is aware that Caylee is not alive and has pertinent information about where her body is, this particular reward gives them no incentive to step forward.

True, but it is up to the people offering the reward to determine the terms. I'm sure they are just as concerned as anyone about what has become of Caylee but, at this point it looks as if the writing is on the wall. Why pay someone to give them information that LE probably already has or is close to learning? IF Caylee is already dead, which is very likely unfortunately, a reward isn't going to help bring her back. It could save another child.

LinetteH

It does make her look horrible! I am not sure if that is a way for her to prove to Casey how much she supports her etc...I just keep thinking I would much rather it be something like I described over a grandmother helping her daughter bury and hide her grandbaby. It just is sickening to me to think of it in that aspect.

olive
07-25-2008, 12:58 AM
I thought they said that she is in a cell with only a blanket (not even her underwear) and on like a suicide watch?

Yes, I believe I read that at a media link...but it was said by Casey's lawyer.

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 12:59 AM
On the other hand, if someone is aware that Caylee is not alive and has pertinent information about where her body is, this particular reward gives them no incentive to step forward.Nope! None at all.

LinetteH
07-25-2008, 12:59 AM

Yes, I remember hearing that--maybe she can watch tv from her cell though?? Meaning the TV isoutside her cell attached to a wall somewhere? I just keep thinking there has to be a plausible explanation for a grandmother to act like Cindy is acting.

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 01:00 AM
Cindy stated on one of the shows the other night that Casey has access to a blanket and (overalls?). Actually she didn't stated it. Greta or someone asked that and Cindy said thats what she was told.

UCFAlumni2002
07-25-2008, 01:00 AM
You know I have to ask this...and I apologize, but you did bring it up...but do you not feel the same about Jennifer? I know I do. :(

I don't- I still feel Jennifer is out there. I do think it would be more of a human trafficking thing, but I just don't feel that she is no longer with us.

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 01:04 AM
For just one minute reflect back to mothers or grandmothers that have lost their children or grandchildren who have been on the national news in the past few years...Have you EVER seen this behavior before in the initial stages of an investigation? I haven't. The women were BEGGING, SOBBING, AND PLEADING for ANY information that would lead them to their missing loved one. Day after day after day. They were relentless in their pursuit. They didn't have to point it out that it was the main objective on their minds. They didn't have to point at posters on billboards. We knew why they were there without question.

Now ask yourself how this is different.

(I am talking about Cindy, the grandmother here. We already know Casey's reaction is beyond absurd.)

kimmy_q_sky
07-25-2008, 01:04 AM

One more quick point on this. It was on CNN Headline News sometime today that the family has the $50,000 to get Casey out, it is the $500,000 collateral that they can not come up with. They said they only have $60,000 in equity in their house.

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Yes, I remember hearing that--maybe she can watch tv from her cell though?? Meaning the TV isoutside her cell attached to a wall somewhere? I just keep thinking there has to be a plausible explanation for a grandmother to act like Cindy is acting.

If Cindy is doing what you are suggesting, then Cindy is playing a dangerous game with her own legal status. Cindy can do what she believes in, as long as she doesn't break the law and hinder the investigation and prosecution. That's where the line has to be drawn.

UCFAlumni2002
07-25-2008, 01:05 AM
For just one minute reflect back to mothers or grandmothers that have lost their children or grandchildren who have been on the national news in the past few years...Have you EVER seen this behavior before in the initial stages of an investigation? I haven't. The women were BEGGING, SOBBING, AND PLEADING for ANY information that would lead them to their missing loved one. Day after day after day. They were relentless in their pursuit. They didn't have to point it out that it was the main objective on their minds. They didn't have to point at posters on billboards. We knew why they were there without question.

Now ask yourself how this is different.

The only one I can think of is Melinda Duckett......and/or maybe Drew Peterson, but that is in a different aspect.

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 01:06 AM
I don't- I still feel Jennifer is out there. I do think it would be more of a human trafficking thing, but I just don't feel that she is no longer with us.Thanks for your answer. I really wanted to know how you felt...gut feeling. Now, I don't know whether to hope you are right or not. Tough call. :(

Leila
07-25-2008, 01:07 AM
Is it possible that she was not ready to have a baby when she became pregnant, but was bullied into it? Then, when the engagement broke off, all of the people who had promised they would help her raise the baby just told her she was on her own? Maybe she really did give the baby to someone else to raise, but she did not want Caylee to be raised by either set of grandparents?

I took in a 16 year old mother and her three week old baby who were homeless because her father had kicked her out for being a 'sinner'. They lived me for almost two years, and I drove her halfway across the country to her parents house on the baby's first Christmas. I completely expected the grandparents to melt when they saw the sweet little boy. Her father slammed the door in her face, would not even look at his own grandson, and I thought: Young girl. Newborn Son. Middle of winter. Open your book.

They're doing fine now. She is happily married with a beautiful family of her own. She dubbed me 'Grandma Ish', because I had told her that all he needed was one grandma~ish person to help her out. I don't know if her father ever once thought how difficult he had made life for that innocent little baby due to his own sheer stubbornness. He almost died of pneumonia from being exposed to the cold and not having steady warm formula. I love them all so much. How could anyone not help a little baby?

Sorry for the OT part of my post.:blowkiss:

ETA: I was also brutally assaulted when I was a child. I have never been ably to give birth to my own babies as a consequence of the assault, so to me this little newborn and his Mom were blessings from God. I find Websleuths to be a very kind and welcoming and supportive place for victims. (That is the main point of the site, as far as I've seen, in the small amount of time I've been here.)

(((Truly)))............you are an angel, a guardian angel............:blowkiss:

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 01:07 AM
The only one I can think of is Melinda Duckett......and/or maybe Drew Peterson, but that is in a different aspect.Right. Now I am talking about the grandmother, Cindy, here and not Casey, the mother. (I corrected this on my previous post.)

UCFAlumni2002
07-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Thanks for your answer. I really wanted to know how you felt...gut feeling. Now, I don't know whether to hope you are right or not. Tough call. :(

You are right- it is a tough call--- one hand you hope that she is up above watching over us all so that her nightmare has ended, on the other, you don't want to accept that she is no longer with us but also dont want to accept the literal hell she would be going through.

But in the 2 1/2 years that I have been on websleuths, and following the cases that have come up after Jenn, you usually get a feeling, and for some reason, can't quite explain it, my feeling is she is still with us and alive.

Now if we could just find her already, that would be great!!!!

Angelray
07-25-2008, 01:08 AM
How long before we should hear something back on the results of the tests on the car? Anyone have an idea?

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 01:09 AM
Read Text Of 911 Calls In Missing Girl Mystery

http://www.local6.com/news/16983743/detail.html

InsomniacWoman
07-25-2008, 01:11 AM
Is it possible that she was not ready to have a baby when she became pregnant, but was bullied into it? Then, when the engagement broke off, all of the people who had promised they would help her raise the baby just told her she was on her own? Maybe she really did give the baby to someone else to raise, but she did not want Caylee to be raised by either set of grandparents?

I took in a 16 year old mother and her three week old baby who were homeless because her father had kicked her out for being a 'sinner'. They lived me for almost two years, and I drove her halfway across the country to her parents house on the baby's first Christmas. I completely expected the grandparents to melt when they saw the sweet little boy. Her father slammed the door in her face, would not even look at his own grandson, and I thought: Young girl. Newborn Son. Middle of winter. Open your book.

They're doing fine now. She is happily married with a beautiful family of her own. She dubbed me 'Grandma Ish', because I had told her that all he needed was one grandma~ish person to help her out. I don't know if her father ever once thought how difficult he had made life for that innocent little baby due to his own sheer stubbornness. He almost died of pneumonia from being exposed to the cold and not having steady warm formula. I love them all so much. How could anyone not help a little baby?

Sorry for the OT part of my post.:blowkiss:

ETA: I was also brutally assaulted when I was a child. I have never been ably to give birth to my own babies as a consequence of the assault, so to me this little newborn and his Mom were blessings from God. I find Websleuths to be a very kind and welcoming and supportive place for victims. (That is the main point of the site, as far as I've seen, in the small amount of time I've been here.)

Truly, thank you for sharing this, what a great lady you are! ((Hugs))
:)

Blink34
07-25-2008, 01:11 AM
Nope! None at all.

Right, imo, that's the point. Look like a massive reward- look everyone believes in us, except look at the terms??
Night all

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 01:12 AM
Inconsistencies

http://www.local6.com/news/16983738/detail.html

(snip)
"So, you call 911 and say arrest my daughter, my car is stolen, my granddaughter is missing, her car smells like decomposition, your daughter has lied to you and the cops and you think Caylee is in good hands?" Local 6's Mike DeForest asked.

"I called 911 because I didn't know where Caylee was at -- that is a fact," Cindy Anthony said. "The car came home smelling terrible but we knew why it was."

Cindy Anthony also apparently contradicted what she told prosecutors at a hearing this week concerning her daughter's whereabouts during the time Caylee was missing.

"I need to find (Caylee)," Cindy Anthony said on a 911 call.

"Your daughter admitted that the baby is where?" the 911 operator said.

"The baby sitter took her a month ago," Anthony said. "I told you my daughter's been missing for a month. I just found her today but I can't find my granddaughter. She just admitted to me that she's been trying to find her herself."

However, during this week's bond hearing, Cindy Anthony said she had been in contact with Casey.

"From June 16 to July 15, did you have any contact with Casey?" a prosecutor asked at the hearing.

"Everyday," Cindy Anthony said. "We called each other. We left voice messages. She'd text me. There was contact everyday."

LinetteH
07-25-2008, 01:13 AM
Right. Now I am talking about the grandmother, Cindy, here and not Casey, the mother. )I corrected this on my previous post.)

I know, I know!!! I am just so distraught by this story. I think of how my own mother would react (and I am the baby of the family) if this was about her grandaughter and I KNOW she would be out walking the streets herself to find her grandchild and while she loves her grandchildren she is not a real "grandmotherly" type. She would knock on every door from her to Timbuktu...I just keep thinking there is a reason Cindy is doing what she is doing and it is not necessarily to help save Casey, part of me just cannot fathom the thought of a grandmother doing that!

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 01:15 AM
NANCY GRACE
Missing Orlando Toddler 911 Calls Released
Aired July 24, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0807/24/ng.01.html

SeriouslySearching
How long before we should hear something back on the results of the tests on the car? Anyone have an idea?My guess would be any day now. They are pushing those tests through and it will depend on how long it takes them to process. Blink knows those specifics, I think. Preliminary tests probably take a week to ten days, if I were guessing which I am.

Mythic
I've been reading all day and this is the first time I've gotten caught up! At this point, to me it really seems that Cindy is in a huge state of denial. I am still confused as to her going from Casey being missing for a month in the 911 call, to stating that she's been in contact with Casey all along. The pizza/decomp smell, the date mix up on the last time she saw Caylee, granted, could be due to stress and confusion, but I can't figure out how Casey could be missing while she was in contact with her....

UCFAlumni2002
I don't have any kids yet, but I have a dog.... if my dog were missing, my mom would be searching high and low....

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 01:18 AM
NANCY GRACE
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0807/24/ng.01.htmlThanks, Suzi! Did you post those "inconsistencies" on the Discrepancy thread? If not, please please do. :)

UCFAlumni2002
07-25-2008, 01:19 AM
Ok, got to get some shuteye otherwise won't be able to work in the morning.... night all...

prayers for answers

liltigress
07-25-2008, 01:19 AM
I hope I don't get slammed too much for this but I just can't shake the thought of what Casey had to be going through, if something accidentally happened to Caylee after she realized what she had done. It has to be such a deep, paralyzing pain that her defense mechanism must have taken her mind into another place to cope. I picture her having to carry that baby girl's lifeless body around to find a place to bury her.

Sorry, I just want Caylee found so everyone involved can get back to as normal a life as possible. I know the longer this carries on, the harder it is going to be for them to heal.

Chilly Willy
07-25-2008, 01:20 AM
Right, imo, that's the point. Look like a massive reward- look everyone believes in us, except look at the terms??
Night all

But it wasn't the family that put up the reward or dictated the terms :waitasec:

DianeB
07-25-2008, 01:22 AM
I've been reading all day and this is the first time I've gotten caught up! At this point, to me it really seems that Cindy is in a huge state of denial. I am still confused as to her going from Casey being missing for a month in the 911 call, to stating that she's been in contact with Casey all along. The pizza/decomp smell, the date mix up on the last time she saw Caylee, granted, could be due to stress and confusion, but I can't figure out how Casey could be missing while she was in contact with her....I believe it was during Cindy's testimony at the bond hearing that she said something about Casey "not being where she told us she was". It's possible that although they spoke on the phone, Cindy was under the impression that Casey was in Tampa or Jacksonville, when in reality she was a few miles away at Ricardo's apt or in Winter Park with her new boyfriend, Anthony.

*~Aimee~*
07-25-2008, 01:23 AM
Yes, I believe I read that at a media link...but it was said by Casey's lawyer.

http://www.local6.com/news/16945996/detail.html
"They have put her in a situation that is very difficult -- extremely difficult," Baez said. "They've put a psych hold on her where she has been stripped of her bedding. Her underwear has been taken from her. She is in a cell in protective custody. All she has is basically a blanket in a small room."

SeriouslySearching
Inconsistencies

http://www.local6.com/news/16983738/detail.html

(snip)
"So, you call 911 and say arrest my daughter, my car is stolen, my granddaughter is missing, her car smells like decomposition, your daughter has lied to you and the cops and you think Caylee is in good hands?" Local 6's Mike DeForest asked.

"I called 911 because I didn't know where Caylee was at -- that is a fact," Cindy Anthony said. "The car came home smelling terrible but we knew why it was."

Cindy Anthony also apparently contradicted what she told prosecutors at a hearing this week concerning her daughter's whereabouts during the time Caylee was missing.

"I need to find (Caylee)," Cindy Anthony said on a 911 call.

"Your daughter admitted that the baby is where?" the 911 operator said.

"The baby sitter took her a month ago," Anthony said. "I told you my daughter's been missing for a month. I just found her today but I can't find my granddaughter. She just admitted to me that she's been trying to find her herself."

However, during this week's bond hearing, Cindy Anthony said she had been in contact with Casey.

"From June 16 to July 15, did you have any contact with Casey?" a prosecutor asked at the hearing.

"Everyday," Cindy Anthony said. "We called each other. We left voice messages. She'd text me. There was contact everyday."How does she step off those statements she has made to the press?!

UCFAlumni2002
But it wasn't the family that put up the reward or dictated the terms :waitasec:

Agree with you there Chilly Willy, but maybe that is what needs to be said to the people that are putting up these rewards. At the end of the day, I'm sure everyone wants and NEEDS answers. Ideally, a safe return is what everyone is praying for, but if money is going to motivate someone to come forward for the sake of answesrs, then it would be best not to have stipulations and terms on the reward...

again, jmho

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 01:25 AM
"They have put her in a situation that is very difficult -- extremely difficult," Baez said. "They've put a psych hold on her where she has been stripped of her bedding. Her underwear has been taken from her. She is in a cell in protective custody. All she has is basically a blanket in a small room."GREAT! What else does she deserve at this point? It SHOULD be extremely difficult to the point of waterboarding if you ask me...but then you didn't. Just tossing in my two cents here.

UCFAlumni2002
"They have put her in a situation that is very difficult -- extremely difficult," Baez said. "They've put a psych hold on her where she has been stripped of her bedding. Her underwear has been taken from her. She is in a cell in protective custody. All she has is basically a blanket in a small room."

Maybe a wise thing to do since it does not appear that she is currently in the best mental state, as I don't think anyone would be in her situation. Best to protect her.

So why is Cindy supporting her SOO much?

DianeB
But it wasn't the family that put up the reward or dictated the terms :waitasec:No, and while it's poor form to look a gift horse in the mouth, and I hope this isn't taken as a diss of the people who stepped up to offer this reward, it almost seems as if they are in some way hedging a bet.

Know what I mean?

Chilly Willy
07-25-2008, 01:26 AM

I could be wrong, but I believe prisoners on suicide watch are given paper clothing. So yes, they could have taken her underwear, but they wouldn't leave her sitting there naked. I think her lawyer is trying to drum up sympathy for her.

Leila
07-25-2008, 01:26 AM
hey all...

so, i took it upon myself to message jesse's dad on his myspace, from mine, and simply ask him what we all have wanted to kno... could jesse be the dad.

i explained that that is why (in my opinion) many of started talking about him/his family to begin with... no one knew where the bio. dad was and no one had proof that he was dead. and with jesse seemly genuinely interested and him having pics up and his mom having a newborn pic up, etc... that that led to questions.

we'll see if he answers and maybe that'll clear up THAT aspect of the story.

That should be interesting! :)

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 01:27 AM
Agree with you there Chilly Willy, but maybe that is what needs to be said to the people that are putting up these rewards. At the end of the day, I'm sure everyone wants and NEEDS answers. Ideally, a safe return is what everyone is praying for, but if money is going to motivate someone to come forward for the sake of answesrs, then it would be best not to have stipulations and terms on the reward...

again, jmhoI could not agree more. The amounts now are being tossed around like you would see at some Charity Benefit. This has bothered me for a long time. Like I said before...if you have money to give for answers...put it up and shut up.

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 01:30 AM
That should be interesting! :)While I do admire Ab's brass ones, I rather doubt the response will answer anything except to give him another reason to explode on us. It should be very interesting.

Angelray
07-25-2008, 01:31 AM
someone please straighten me out on that 911 call. Caseys mom calls says her car was stolden. Casey says that is her car. How many cars are involved here. I was thinking it was just the one car that was left at that place. I must be tired but it sounds like more than one car.

Leila
07-25-2008, 01:32 AM
Question to our very own Annette or anyone else who knows...is it common to hyphenate latino names like that? Could the hyphen be a way to throw someone off...say like giving LE a bogus number???? Should we not be looking for the hyphen?:confused:

Yes.........it's very common to hyphenate Hispanic surnames. The first name is the father's surname and the second is the mother's surname.

IE..............Zenaida is the daughter of Fernandez and Gonzolas. It immediately tells us that her father's name is Fernandez and her mother's maiden name was Gonzolas.

Mythic
07-25-2008, 01:33 AM
I believe it was during Cindy's testimony at the bond hearing that she said something about Casey "not being where she told us she was". It's possible that although they spoke on the phone, Cindy was under the impression that Casey was in Tampa or Jacksonville, when in reality she was a few miles away at Ricardo's apt or in Winter Park with her new boyfriend, Anthony.

I suppose that makes sense. In that case they wouldn't have really realized she was "missing" until they found out she'd been lying to them about her location.

I could be wrong, but I believe prisoner on suicide watch are given paper clothing. So yes, they could have taken her underwear, but they wouldn't leave her sitting there naked. I think her lawyer is trying to drum up sympathy for her.

This was discussed on another forum, I believe the Brooke Bennett forum. They were talking about suicide watch prisoners wearing the paper clothing or tear proof suits or something like that...

I mean suits that would tear....not tear proof.

swa
07-25-2008, 01:36 AM
My point Chilly Willy is that so far, every time I've seen a reward for SAFE RETURN I have not seen any closure. I believe that reward should be for the whereabouts of the missing person.

Not to sound rude -- but the reason why some groups and individual make reward money available for the "safe return" of victims -- is because the odds are in their favor that they won't be found.

It's a "feel good" way for them to get publicity and interject themselves into a case.

swa
07-25-2008, 01:38 AM
someone please straighten me out on that 911 call. Caseys mom calls says her car was stolden. Casey says that is her car. How many cars are involved here. I was thinking it was just the one car that was left at that place. I must be tired but it sounds like more than one car.

My favorite part of the 911 call was when the operator said something to the effect of, "Why the hell did you wait 31 days to call us."

*~Aimee~*
07-25-2008, 01:38 AM
GREAT! What else does she deserve at this point? It SHOULD be extremely difficult to the point of waterboarding if you ask me...but then you didn't. Just tossing in my two cents here.

no I was commenting on her viewing the TV? I just said that she doesn't have underwear only a blanket so not sure about TV. :bang:

WISCer
07-25-2008, 01:39 AM
NANCY GRACE

Have to stop and comment....1st) Now we know why LE didnt want the receipt GM claimed they wouldn't look at....they already had info from the credit co about the shopping spree

2) IMO Casey's BBF really didn't add anything to NG show...she just got her 15 minutes if fame.

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 01:40 AM
Thanks, Suzi! Did you post those "inconsistencies" on the Discrepancy thread? If not, please please do. :)

Done!

WISCer
07-25-2008, 01:42 AM
I could be wrong, but I believe prisoners on suicide watch are given paper clothing. So yes, they could have taken her underwear, but they wouldn't leave her sitting there naked. I think her lawyer is trying to drum up sympathy for her.

I think you're right....hard for me drum up sympathy for a mother who want even try to help find her baby.

LinetteH
07-25-2008, 01:42 AM
My favorite part of the 911 call was when the operator said something to the effect of, "Why the hell did you wait 31 days to call us."

Yea! I just now listened to these!!! I am absolutely sickened over Casey's lack of emotion! Wow! I just don't know what to think or say. I want to drive down there and throttle her! Wow--just wow. She just got on th ephone "Hello?" no tears, no worry nothing! My God!!

kathyn2
07-25-2008, 01:43 AM
The car that Casey used was her mom's car. I believed her mom let her use it. My guess is that when GM found out the baby was missing and she couldn't get the truth or anything out of Casey as to where she was, she threatened to call the police and report the car and her money stolen. When Casey still wouldn't cooperate GM made good on her promise.

While waiting for the cops to come re: the stolen car and money, GM found out this story from Casey about the Nanny stealing Caylee and really got upset. Called 911 again yada yada.... Anyway, we are only talking about 1 car here. The car found abandoned in the lot with the smell of death which really belongs to mr and mr anthony but casey was using it all that time.

absolut_alexis
07-25-2008, 01:43 AM
They may also be guarding against the possibility that this is all an elaborate hoax for money. Casey is broke, she is saying she knows that her daughter is alive and with someone ... if it were not for the smell in the car/yard, it would seem like she and a friend are holding Cayleee for a sort of social ransom.

Not to sound rude -- but the reason why some groups and individual make reward money available for the "safe return" of victims -- is because the odds are in their favor that they won't be found.

It's a "feel good" way for them to get publicity and interject themselves into a case.

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 01:45 AM

Only one car. I believe it was the car Casey used that was in grandma's name.

nursebeeme
07-25-2008, 01:46 AM
nite nite everybody!!!

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 01:46 AM
The car that Casey used was her mom's car. I believed her mom let her use it. My guess is that when GM found out the baby was missing and she couldn't get the truth or anything out of Casey as to where she was, she threatened to call the police and report the car and her money stolen. When Casey still wouldn't cooperate GM made good on her promise.

While waiting for the cops to come re: the stolen car and money, GM found out this story from Casey about the Nanny stealing Caylee and really got upset. Called 911 again yada yada.... Anyway, we are only talking about 1 car here. The car found abandoned in the lot with the smell of death which really belongs to mr and mr anthony but casey was using it all that time.

Grandma was on the right track that night. Why did she switch gears?

kathyn2
07-25-2008, 01:47 AM
What I would like to know is if this personality we are seeing and hearing from Casey is her normal personality. The parents don't seem to state anything is remiss yet Casey's behavior is beyond odd!!! Even the lawyer doesn't mention how odd she is. She has no voice inflection. No ability to get angry. No ability to get sad. (except to cry for herself when they started talking about the child being dead and he jig is about up and the huge bail that was being set for her). She has no ability to get upset or anything. Does this girl live on some of those heavy drugs for schizophrenics or what? Something isn't right here. I want to know if this is her real self or she got this way recently. I can't believe the parents could think there is nothing wrong with her.

Angelray
07-25-2008, 01:49 AM
Thank you for helping me understand that. Hubby said it sounded like three different cars and I said it sounded like two different ones.. but I thought it was just one so that really messed me up

imnotheonlyone
07-25-2008, 01:51 AM
Send me a PM. I will have to know your real name, and mom's name and birthdate. Any other information you have. Can't promise anything. But would love to help.

As would I - would LOVE to try and help you!

Angelray
07-25-2008, 01:52 AM
she seemed way to calm on that 911 call.

Leila
07-25-2008, 01:52 AM

They might have some of the results back, but maybe are waiting for a complete report. I do think LE has a pretty good handle on what happened, but are waiting for something. They might still be interviewing key people in the case and Casey's friends.

liltigress
07-25-2008, 01:56 AM
I have a feeling tomorrow there will be some big news and pressers. Did LE cancel the presser they kept saying they would have on FOX?

Leila
07-25-2008, 01:59 AM

If there's any results back, I don't think LE would share that with Baez. Until Casey is charged with something more than obstruction of justice, Baez doesn't have the right to discovery.

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 02:03 AM

(snip)
GRACE: I`m sorry to report to you that they did not meet with police. Didn`t even get close to meeting with police. And Mr. Baez was set to clear all that up tonight. But about two minutes before air, just after the 911 tapes were released, he decided not to give a statement after hearing the 911 tapes.

He says -- here`s his statement. He hasn`t had time to review them but he is disappointed that the police are focusing and allowing the tapes to be distributed instead of looking for Caylee.

Angelray
07-25-2008, 02:05 AM
I think that if they had any of the tests back they would have already started searches,
in other areas. JMO

drip~drop
07-25-2008, 02:07 AM

'zactly!
I also believe she is where she needs to be right now.
Even the Judge said today that he considers her to now be a huge flight risk.
"If" Caylee is dead (which I sadly believe she is) Casey may just well figure that she has 2 choices. Join Caylee or rot in prison.

Seeing Casey cry today, all I thought was "Geez, she feels sorry for herself that she's behind bars". I don't believe she was crying for Caylee.

Angelray
07-25-2008, 02:09 AM
Night everyone I will pray we hear something tomorrow, good news would be great.. hugs

*~Aimee~*
07-25-2008, 02:10 AM
Night everyone I will pray we hear something tomorrow, good news would be great.. hugs

goodnight :blowkiss:

RoseRed
07-25-2008, 02:16 AM
If there's any results back, I don't think LE would share that with Baez. Until Casey is charged with something more than obstruction of justice, Baez doesn't have the right to discovery.

I know I will get slammed for this but I think Baez is ignoring LE. When you think about it she is only charged with negligence, obstruction of Justice and her bond is way too high for those charges.

I am not taking up for her as I believe she at the least accidentally let that beautiful little angel get killed or maybe worse. But she isn't charged with that so her bond should NOT reflect that huge amount.

Remember the Jana Six and all the hoopla about bond and charges that follow guidelines as prescribed by law.
If this is allowed to happen in one case before you know it it will be allowed in many cases.
That is why we have guidelines about charges and bonds being set.

She needs to be charged with a higher crime if they allow this bond to remain at half a million dollars and the reason is to protect the PUBLIC from over zealous LE and Judges. JMO

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 02:16 AM
If there's any results back, I don't think LE would share that with Baez. Until Casey is charged with something more than obstruction of justice, Baez doesn't have the right to discovery.Yes, but wouldn't they offer (at least some results) it up to him to apply some pressure for a meeting?

imnotheonlyone
07-25-2008, 02:17 AM
goodnight :blowkiss:
Night guys!
Aimee.......... if anything exciting (breaking news, new info) comes up when I'm not logged in, will you do me a huge favor and PM me? When I get on here after hours away, it takes me forever to see if anything important has happened. I would gladly return the favor :blowkiss:

Leila
07-25-2008, 02:18 AM
My guess would be any day now. They are pushing those tests through and it will depend on how long it takes them to process. Blink knows those specifics, I think. Preliminary tests probably take a week to ten days, if I were guessing which I am.

The video showing the car being processed was last Thursday, but during the bond hearing the detective said that the car was still being processed. I'm thinking there could be results sometime next week.

imnotheonlyone
07-25-2008, 02:20 AM
COmment left by Casey on Mayfizzle's MySpace

Jul 5 2008 4:13 PM

Sure sounds like you have tons goin on! Congrats on the little one on the way!

I'm doin well. Just working real hard and traveling whenever possible (work related and otherwise). Still at the same place for now, but am considering moving somewhere else in O-Town later this year.

Do you know when you'd be back in the sunshine state?

Leila
07-25-2008, 02:22 AM
I've been reading all day and this is the first time I've gotten caught up! At this point, to me it really seems that Cindy is in a huge state of denial. I am still confused as to her going from Casey being missing for a month in the 911 call, to stating that she's been in contact with Casey all along. The pizza/decomp smell, the date mix up on the last time she saw Caylee, granted, could be due to stress and confusion, but I can't figure out how Casey could be missing while she was in contact with her....

I think that while Cindy was in contact with Casey via cell phone, Cindy may not have known Casey's physical location - where she was staying and with whom. Casey may have wanted it this way...........didn't want mom to know exactly where she was because she didn't want mom to come find her.

Mythic
07-25-2008, 02:28 AM
It seems there was a story a while back about a boy (or maybe it was a girl) that wouldn't talk to the police because they were more scared of their parents than the police....I can't remember details and it's bugging me....does it ring a bell for anyone?:confused::confused::confused:

*~Aimee~*
07-25-2008, 02:30 AM
Night guys!
Aimee.......... if anything exciting (breaking news, new info) comes up when I'm not logged in, will you do me a huge favor and PM me? When I get on here after hours away, it takes me forever to see if anything important has happened. I would gladly return the favor :blowkiss:

I sure will hun. :blowkiss: sleep well.

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 02:30 AM
I know I will get slammed for this but I think Baez is ignoring LE. When you think about it she is only charged with negligence, obstruction of Justice and her bond is way too high for those charges.

I am not taking up for her as I believe she at the least accidentally let that beautiful little angel get killed or maybe worse. But she isn't charged with that so her bond should NOT reflect that huge amount.

Remember the Jana Six and all the hoopla about bond and charges that follow guidelines as prescribed by law.
If this is allowed to happen in one case before you know it it will be allowed in many cases.
That is why we have guidelines about charges and bonds being set.

She needs to be charged with a higher crime if they allow this bond to remain at half a million dollars and the reason is to protect the PUBLIC from over zealous LE and Judges. JMOWell, that is quite a post! However, I think the circumstances of this case dictated the Judge show some personal discretion which he did. He used his good sense to understand the facts of this case were unusual and would mean that he had to react to them. He could not take the chance that this mother would commit suicide (therefore preventing what happened in the Duckett case). He could not take the chance this mother would run because of her past history which he was looking at on the pages under his nose. He used the best judgement to make sure that this child had a chance of being found. I applaud him and wish there were more like him. :clap: He followed the law with his decision and that is all that anyone can ask. There were mitigating circumstances in this case. He did what he felt neccessary to keep her behind bars where she belongs until she is honest about where her child is.

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 02:34 AM
It seems there was a story a while back about a boy (or maybe it was a girl) that wouldn't talk to the police because they were more scared of their parents than the police....I can't remember details and it's bugging me....does it ring a bell for anyone?:confused::confused::confused:Sorry, but no it doesn't ring a bell with me. There are many people who are more afraid of their parents for different reasons tho. Abuse and self-esteem issues are only two. This case has more to do with defiance the more we get into it, imo.

drip~drop
07-25-2008, 02:35 AM
What I would like to know is if this personality we are seeing and hearing from Casey is her normal personality. The parents don't seem to state anything is remiss yet Casey's behavior is beyond odd!!! Even the lawyer doesn't mention how odd she is. She has no voice inflection. No ability to get angry. No ability to get sad. (except to cry for herself when they started talking about the child being dead and he jig is about up and the huge bail that was being set for her). She has no ability to get upset or anything. Does this girl live on some of those heavy drugs for schizophrenics or what? Something isn't right here. I want to know if this is her real self or she got this way recently. I can't believe the parents could think there is nothing wrong with her.
I actually asked, the other night, if there's a possibility that Casey took some LSD and the trip went bad?
She acts like my cousin Steve that had that happen to him. He tripped out a long time ago, got all weird, spent time in a state hospital and is now back with mommy. It's like he has one emotion and one voice, it doesn't waiver.
and he dresses funny.:waitasec:

Mythic
07-25-2008, 02:38 AM
I think that while Cindy was in contact with Casey via cell phone, Cindy may not have known Casey's physical location - where she was staying and with whom. Casey may have wanted it this way...........didn't want mom to know exactly where she was because she didn't want mom to come find her.

But does that actually constitute missing? I guess it's possible she would have chosen a better phrase for it if not in such a dire time.....Missing to me makes me think of GONE --- without a trace. Unable to be called or texted even....:runaway:

SLY
07-25-2008, 02:38 AM
What if the judge didn't want her bailed out in fear she would kill the one person who knows what happened to Caylee... herself?

Sly

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 02:39 AM
Video from tonight's Greta:

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=2606328&referralPlaylistId=949437d0db05ed5f5b9954dc049d70b 0c12f2749

drip~drop
Naw, she's not nekkie. They have special suits, kinds like a huge bib with slits for arms.
I wish I could remember the name, it's on the tip of my tongue!
Scott Peterson had to wear one at some point.
Her lawyer is uh......imo....strange.

kathyn2
That lawyer is filing tomorrow to lower the bail. I hope to God (and I am praying!) that he doesn't get it lowered. The talking heads on Greta didn't seem to think he would. You are right. There are extenuating circumstances here and the judge has discretion. I pray it stands as is. She doesn't deserve to ever get out and I hope she doesn't. I know I have her tried and convicted but until she talks she needs to stay in jail.

Well, that is quite a post! However, I think the circumstances of this case dictated the Judge show some personal discretion which he did. He used his good sense to understand the facts of this case were unusual and would mean that he had to react to them. He could not take the chance that this mother would commit suicide (therefore preventing what happened in the Duckett case). He could not take the chance this mother would run because of her past history which he was looking at on the pages under his nose. He used the best judgement to make sure that this child had a chance of being found. I applaud him and wish there were more like him. :clap: He followed the law with his decision and that is all that anyone can ask. There were mitigating circumstances in this case. He did what he felt neccessary to keep her behind bars where she belongs until she is honest about where her child is.

Mythic
07-25-2008, 02:43 AM
Sorry, but no it doesn't ring a bell with me. There are many people who are more afraid of their parents for different reasons tho. Abuse and self-esteem issues are only two. This case has more to do with defiance the more we get into it, imo.

hmmm, knowing my family, it could have been one of them. Perhaps I should get out the family tree again....:read:

drip~drop
07-25-2008, 02:47 AM

(snip)
GRACE: I`m sorry to report to you that they did not meet with police. Didn`t even get close to meeting with police. And Mr. Baez was set to clear all that up tonight. But about two minutes before air, just after the 911 tapes were released, he decided not to give a statement after hearing the 911 tapes.

He says -- here`s his statement. He hasn`t had time to review them but he is disappointed that the police are focusing and allowing the tapes to be distributed instead of looking for Caylee.

Dontchaknow it takes an ENTIRE police department to handle putting out a few 911 calls! They may even need the fire dept. help at times for such a thing.

WHY DOESN'T BAEZ HAVE HIS CLIENT TELL EVERYBODY WHERE CAYLEE IS??
Oh wait....it's much more important to second guess/question the police dept. The ONLY ones out looking for this baby girl. geeeeeeeeeeeeeez.
Review away doode.:liar::snooty:

Leila
07-25-2008, 02:53 AM
But does that actually constitute missing? I guess it's possible she would have chosen a better phrase for it if not in such a dire time.....Missing to me makes me think of GONE --- without a trace. Unable to be called or texted even....:runaway:

I agree..........there was probably a better choice of words. Cindy doesn't explain things well. She probably should have said, "While I've spoken with Casey via cell phone, I didn't know where she was living or who she was living with. For the past month, I was under the impression she was living in another city." I guess Cindy viewed Casey as physically missing, but that's not clear to someone who hears her say, "My daughter has been missing for the past month."

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 02:54 AM
What I find interesting is after reading the NG transcript and watching Greta, that even the defense attorney's aren't taking up for Casey here. They usually do it for a defendant to a fault. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Did hell freeze over or something?

Salem
07-25-2008, 02:55 AM
In think, in Caylee's BEST INTEREST, her attorney should be trying to get a plea deal for his client. I also think the state of Florida should appoint an attorney for CAYLEE. If Caylee had her own attorney, then the attorneys could get together with the Prosecutor and work something out so this baby can be located.

I don't know how that works though, when they think the child is dead. BUT, that is not conclusive yet.

Salem

mkay882
07-25-2008, 02:56 AM
'zactly!
I also believe she is where she needs to be right now.
Even the Judge said today that he considers her to now be a huge flight risk.
"If" Caylee is dead (which I sadly believe she is) Casey may just well figure that she has 2 choices. Join Caylee or rot in prison.

Seeing Casey cry today, all I thought was "Geez, she feels sorry for herself that she's behind bars". I don't believe she was crying for Caylee.

:waitasec: Could some of her tears be because she was having to look her mom and dad in the eye for the first time since some of the facts have come out?

That would be tough....especially if you were easily intimidated by your mother AND guilty..

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 02:58 AM
I don't think we'll see a change in Baez's stradegy until charges are made and he sees evidence at a prelim hearing.

drip~drop
07-25-2008, 02:59 AM
What if the judge didn't want her bailed out in fear she would kill the one person who knows what happened to Caylee... herself?

Sly

That's the thing Sly. She is a suicide risk and a flight risk.
I for one, don't think she'd be sitting at home like a good detainee if let out on home confinement. She needs to stay put or put in psych for a while.

Oh slyyyyyy>>>>>>>:blowkiss:

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 03:01 AM
That's the thing Sly. She is a suicide risk and a flight risk.
I for one, don't think she'd be sitting at home like a good detainee if let out on home confinement. She needs to stay put or put in psych for a while.

Oh slyyyyyy>>>>>>>:blowkiss:

Casey could also be dangerous to her parents. There is no telling what she's capable of.

Leila
07-25-2008, 03:01 AM
That lawyer is filing tomorrow to lower the bail. I hope to God (and I am praying!) that he doesn't get it lowered. The talking heads on Greta didn't seem to think he would. You are right. There are extenuating circumstances here and the judge has discretion. I pray it stands as is. She doesn't deserve to ever get out and I hope she doesn't. I know I have her tried and convicted but until she talks she needs to stay in jail.

I agree that Casey needs to remain in jail at this time. I too worry about the Melinda Duckett case and what happened there.

I feel the judge in the bond hearing used wise judgment in setting bail high enough that it would be difficult to gain release.

I think that by next week the forensic results on the car may be made available and that will determine which way this case goes. Depending on those results, there may be new charges or no further charges.

mkay882
07-25-2008, 03:02 AM
I'm going to call it a night.
Hopefully Caylee will come home tomorrow...
G'night all!

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 03:02 AM
http://www.wesh.com/news/16981540/detail.html

(snip)
In a news conference Thursday, Casey Anthony’s attorney, Jose Baez, confirmed that the Anthony family cannot come up with the $50,000 to bail their daughter out of jail.

On Tuesday Judge Stan Strickland set Casey Anthony’s bond at $500,000.
Baez filed a writ of habeas corpus with the Orange County court on Thursday. He is asking that Casey Anthony be released from prison, without bond, in order to aid in the search and investigation for Caylee.

Baez claimed that Casey Anthony's bond is 500 times the standard amount. He said he's looking to lower her bond to $10,000.

If turned down, he said he won't rule out appealing to a higher court.

drip~drop
07-25-2008, 03:11 AM
I don't think we'll see a change in Baez's stradegy until charges are made and he sees evidence at a prelim hearing.

Think he'll make more sense then?

When he talks, my head spins and if a fly is around, he may land in my mouth!:eek:
Lawd, I don't know if I could take seeing him thru a whole trial.

Any high profile defense attornys available that know Nancy and Greta practicing in Fl.?
:crazy:

Leila
07-25-2008, 03:12 AM

(snip)
In a news conference Thursday, Casey Anthony’s attorney, Jose Baez, confirmed that the Anthony family cannot come up with the $50,000 to bail their daughter out of jail.

On Tuesday Judge Stan Strickland set Casey Anthony’s bond at $500,000.
Baez filed a writ of habeas corpus with the Orange County court on Thursday. He is asking that Casey Anthony be released from prison, without bond, in order to aid in the search and investigation for Caylee.

Baez claimed that Casey Anthony's bond is 500 times the standard amount. He said he's looking to lower her bond to $10,000.

If turned down, he said he won't rule out appealing to a higher court.

Hopefully, the results of the forensic examination of the car will be made prior to a hearing to reduce bail.

kathyn2
07-25-2008, 03:13 AM
Just keep praying that wherever he appeals the decision that they turn him down. She needs to stay in jail just where she is. I pray LE gets whatever info they need to charge her. Ok, I am off to bed. I am tired!

drip~drop
07-25-2008, 03:13 AM
:waitasec: Could some of her tears be because she was having to look her mom and dad in the eye for the first time since some of the facts have come out?

That would be tough....especially if you were easily intimidated by your mother AND guilty..

Maybe some. maybe.

Also MAYBE seeing her family, she feels some shame?

drip~drop
07-25-2008, 03:16 AM
Casey could also be dangerous to her parents. There is no telling what she's capable of.

You are so right SuziQ!

Where is her baby? If she is capable of that she's capable of more. imo

LaLaw2000
07-25-2008, 03:18 AM

I wouldn't sleep in the same house with her! If she can lie about what she has most likely done to her sweet, innocent child, then she would stop at nothing!
And IF Casey were to get out on bail, the first thing that would happen is a knock down brawl with her mother, Cindy!
She is exactly where she needs to be - in jail, and no one pandering to her!

I feel little Caylee is gone, but she is in heaven and with God, never to know any more pain.

Elphaba
07-25-2008, 03:21 AM
Until she starts cooperating, I think she needs to stay in jail, as well... because I feel that if she is let out, she will either be ferried away into hiding, or do what Melinda Duckett did. As rabid as her mother is against the media and public about Casey being the person of interest in Caylee's disappearance, In my opinion I could fathom her trying to help hide Casey.

This whole case is intense... nerve-wracking intense... I so wish everything would just fall in to place and Caylee was found and justice put into motion to be served...

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 03:21 AM
I think that while Cindy was in contact with Casey via cell phone, Cindy may not have known Casey's physical location - where she was staying and with whom. Casey may have wanted it this way...........didn't want mom to know exactly where she was because she didn't want mom to come find her.Yes, you could be right and we will find this is the case. She would have found Casey. She would be on her own myspace and her friends' myspaces to find out which club her daughter was going to and been there. She would have found her and followed her back to where she was living to see if her grandchild was there knowing that her daughter was such a flake! (I would NOT have gone on vacation until I knew where that child was and knew she was safe.) This is where I have a problem with Cindy. As controlling as she was previously (and as we have seen now)...why would she relinquish all control and walk away?

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 03:22 AM
Think he'll make more sense then?

When he talks, my head spins and if a fly is around, he may land in my mouth!:eek:
Lawd, I don't know if I could take seeing him thru a whole trial.

Any high profile defense attornys available that know Nancy and Greta practicing in Fl.?
:crazy:

Lol, probably not!

Mythic
07-25-2008, 03:23 AM
I feel little Caylee is gone, but she is in heaven and with God, never to know any more pain.

Amen.

I had a rather long post I was going to type, but I think I will save it for tomorrow. LaLaw's post summed it up for me pretty nicely anyway.

'Nite all.

Liz
07-25-2008, 03:32 AM
Naw, she's not nekkie. They have special suits, kinds like a huge bib with slits for arms.
I wish I could remember the name, it's on the tip of my tongue!
Scott Peterson had to wear one at some point.
Her lawyer is uh......imo....strange.

Was it called a Ferguson?
Allegedly though, Casey has been issued the blanket; not the dress.

Link to suicide prevent products:
http://www.preventsuicide.com/products.htm

I blame Mama Cindy for hiring the lawyer for Casey! The lawyer must protect the client he is hired to protect, if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure the lawyer is loving all the free publicity he is getting from this case. It's a win-win for him!

SuziQ
07-25-2008, 03:36 AM

The models are scary!

Liz
07-25-2008, 03:45 AM
(snipped)

:waitasec: Uh, Mr. Baez, that would be 50 times the standard amount, would it not?

drip~drop
07-25-2008, 03:47 AM

I blame Mama Cindy for hiring the lawyer for Casey! The lawyer must protect the client he is hired to protect, if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure the lawyer is loving all the free publicity he is getting from this case. It's a win-win for him!
YES! Thank you....the Ferguson! It's been driving me batty trying to remember. lol

I don't know what the blanket is. Just a blanket but made of special materials?
I'll check your link tomorrow when my eyes are actually open to see the blanket. ty for the link too.

Do we know where she found this guy? Yellow pages or what?
Bad choice, IMO!
Geez, he was ignorant enough to lie on Nancys show about meeting with the police in 30 minutes and then never bothers to show.
I'm sure the police expected him to show up.

g'night all. sleep tight.

Liz
07-25-2008, 03:53 AM
drip~drop, I wasn't sure but I thought it (ferguson) rang a bell.

Nite to you.

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 04:15 AM
I am really sure that LE, while they were on the line at the time, never expected him to do anything. If we can believe the media, LE painted him to be the liar.

While I would never say a thing against any defense atty (*COUGH* other than how do they sleep?)...sounds to me like they invited him and his client, but he declined because they were going to "attack" her to further their prosecution case.

Uhm..HELLO?! What part of a child is missing and she is holding all the cards does he not get?! BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD. These are words that everyone understands.

Faenorwyn
07-25-2008, 04:57 AM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Very well said!! I couldn't agree more! I would sit there with police until I was blue in the face if I had to......even if they were collecting evidence against me or thought I had something to do with it.....if my child were missing and I knew in my heart I didn't hurt them......I would do whatever it took to make sure my child were safe, even if that meant sitting in prison for a while because the cops thought it was me. If Casey is innocent, then talk to the police.......who cares if they are trying to put you away!!! If what you're saying is the TRUTH then talk to them so they can get your daughter home safely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once she's found then you can worry about your own @ss :(

*I am totally emotionally invested in this case but there's no turning back now*

MistyM
07-25-2008, 05:15 AM
The models are scary!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/Thyla/smocklarge.jpg

honestly, did they have to find homelesslike and crazylike people to represent suicidalish jail inmates? they look like they are going to come "GET YOU!!!"

i wonder if that was their only modelling gig.

i actually laughed for the first time today... *sigh* this case is ultra depressing.

*~Aimee~*
07-25-2008, 05:41 AM
They are something. Looks like they just woke up.

emanon7
07-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Good morning everyone. I finally got caught up reading. This board sure moves fast. I wonder at what point Cindy knew that Casey had stolen her credit card...when she got the bill maybe or when she looked in her wallet and it was missing and did she report the card stolen to the card company.

jeepgirlva
07-25-2008, 07:14 AM
Just woke up was hoping to hear good news that Caylee had been found guess not I hope they do not let Casey out of jail hopefully she will break down and open up to police today.(but then again if they do let her out and follow her every move with listening devices she might lead them to Caylee or at least give them clues where she is ) Ok I'm off to work

Darlene733510
07-25-2008, 07:21 AM
I wonder what Casey bought when she used Cindy's credit card? When did she do this? If it was during the time
Caylee went missing, it would be interesting to know if she bought anything for Caylee during her shopping spree.
I bet she only bought items for herself.

Mohabi
07-25-2008, 07:27 AM

This is my opinion: When I heard Casey's voice on the 911 call, my first thought was SHE SOUNDS NUMB.

For 31 days she has not been sleeping, she has been withholding the fact that her daughter is no longer with her, she has been going to bars and drinking and acting as if nothing is wrong.

Even the best liar in the world feels stress, and cumulative stress can lead to emotional numbness. I would consider keeping quiet for 31 days, not telling her mother Caylee is gone (I will not define what *gone* could mean), and having to keep her statements straight would be extremely stressful.

angela
07-25-2008, 07:29 AM
After listening to the 911 calls, I dont think Cindy knows where Caylee is. I think Casey knows but she is not going to tell police anything unless lab results from the items found in the trunk somehow prove that Caylee was in there. If that happens, she will talk to get a lighter sentence. I think at this point, Casey really believes that if she keeps quiet, she will get away with it and be out partying with friends again soon.

Mohabi
07-25-2008, 07:39 AM
Let me play devil's advocate here for a moment and imagine this: what chance does Casey have to be BELIEVED if she tells the truth and the truth is nothing like what we think it is? Everybody says she is a compulsive liar.

I started out writing this post knowing exactly what I wanted to say, but the more I try to put it to paper (so to speak), the faster my thoughts are disappearing and I am left with only this: "maybe Casey feels the same way and therefore says nothing at all".

angela
07-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Let me play devil's advocate here for a moment and imagine this: what chance does Casey have to be BELIEVED if she tells the truth and the truth is nothing like what we think it is? Everybody says she is a compulsive liar.

I started out writing this post knowing exactly what I wanted to say, but the more I try to put it to paper (so to speak), the faster my thoughts are disappearing and I am left with only this: "maybe Casey feels the same way and therefore says nothing at all".

You have a valid point. I just cant get past the smell of decomp in the car.

Mohabi
07-25-2008, 07:43 AM
You have a valid point. I just cant get past the smell of decomp in the car.

You have a valid point too :)

emanon7
07-25-2008, 07:50 AM

Her mother will believe her....has believed her...goes on every television show possible and at every interview opportunity tells the world she believes her. Other people would believe her IF she tells the truth....the truth is just too bad to tell. jmo

Elley Mae
07-25-2008, 07:54 AM
What about this; when Casey left the car at amscot (sp) Caylee's body was in the trunk and she didn't know what to do,she just knew that she had to get away from the car. And then she Maybe got scared and went back when no one was around and then disposed or Caylee when she had Amy's car. BUt how did the smell of decomp end up in the yard as well? JUst trying to figure things out. Sorry if it sounds silly.

Hailiejade77
07-25-2008, 07:58 AM
Perhaps all babysitters, whether they were Tara or other friends of Casey, were always referred to as Zanny?

Thats what I was thinking. Casey probably didn't want GM finding out that she had NUMEROUS babysitters or the fact that (as far as i can tell) she hasn't had a job since Universal Studios in 2006. What I am thinking is she probably pretended she had to go to work. And then came home with Caylee like she picked her up at the babysitters. I was thinking she might have been just hanging out at home but then neighbors would surely notice and say something. Even on her myspace comments she makes references to working to friends but no one has been able to prove she worked. So if we can find the PLACE her and Caylee went to when she was "working", then maybe we can find out where Caylee is? Make sense? JMO

absolut_alexis
07-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Maybe she had Caylee in the trunk and then she died. She started to feel guilty and wanted Caylee to have a peice of home, so she got some dirt from the backyard and put that in the trunk with the shovel, and buried Caylee (or threw her in the lake) with some of the dirt from home, so the body wouldn't be "abandoned". So the shovel would have been in the car with Caylee...I don't know. That doesn't really explain the hit on the dirt. I wonder if they tested the shovel.

What about this; when Casey left the car at amscot (sp) Caylee's body was in the trunk and she didn't know what to do,she just knew that she had to get away from the car. And then she Maybe got scared and went back when no one was around and then disposed or Caylee when she had Amy's car. BUt how did the smell of decomp end up in the yard as well? JUst trying to figure things out. Sorry if it sounds silly.

Simplicity
07-25-2008, 08:03 AM
The grandmother HAS TO KNOW IN HER HEART that Caylee is deceased. She also must know that her daughter is very sick! And, I don't believe for one split second that this young woman was EVER a good mother.

The young woman will never talk and tell the truth about her little girl. She knows she will go to prision for the rest of her life. Let's just hope she is incarcerated for her naturla life IF she killed this little girl.

I don't like Cindy. However, I do admire her defending her daughter ferociously like most mothers would in a situation that isn't favorable for her child.

My heart does go out to the family. Not only have they lost their precious Caylee, but, also, Casey.

Elley Mae
07-25-2008, 08:07 AM
What did Cindy think Casey was using for transportation when she supposedly was know longer living at home. If Casey was suppose to be using the (white)car while she was not there how could Cindy think she could report it stolen when it was in the driveway. Didn't they retreive the car before finding Casey?

Hailiejade77
07-25-2008, 08:08 AM
Maybe LE could start asking who the natural father is of this child, and if in fact the biological father has Caylee, and if not, where is Caylee's body?? I sure hope this Casey starts talking, and the Grandma stops covering for her. The fact the Grandma brought up the car being stolen first and money, really makes you wonder, what's really going on, and the family doesn't seem that upset about missing Caylee. Are there searches underway, are their descriptions of what Caylee was wearing??

Casey better start talking!

Here is my take on the 911 calls. First of there were THREE 911 calls. The first call was placed in front of the closed police station or substation. The 911 operator told her to go home and call. Cindy took Casey home. She is still getting, "She is with Zanny mom, she is sleeping we will get her tomorrow." BS and Cindy has HAD it with her. She basically is saying I want to see Caylee and Casey is coming up with BS lies. So to try to RILE her she calls and reports the credit cards and car stolen. And POSSIBLY a missing three year old. She doesn't realize in the 1st and 2nd 911 call that Caylee is ACTUALLY missing! (it would be the 1st 911 call that we are hearing) After she gets off the phone with 911, Lee has finally gotten out of Casey that she hasn't seen Caylee in 31 days. So she calls back frantic about Caylee being missing. She really and truly sounds upset in this 911 call.
Earlier on I feel that she might have been involved in actually covering up the disposal of Caylee's body and knew in fact that she is dead and trying to keep Casey out of the public eye. NOW I feel like she HAS TO BELIEVE Casey or otherwise her mind will go to what we all think happened to Caylee, that her mother killed her. She is in COMPLETE denial, and she just wants Caylee home. JMO

Faenorwyn
07-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Here is my take on the 911 calls. First of there were THREE 911 calls. The first call was placed in front of the closed police station or substation. The 911 operator told her to go home and call. Cindy took Casey home. She is still getting, "She is with Zanny mom, she is sleeping we will get her tomorrow." BS and Cindy has HAD it with her. She basically is saying I want to see Caylee and Casey is coming up with BS lies. So to try to RILE her she calls and reports the credit cards and car stolen. And POSSIBLY a missing three year old. She doesn't realize in the 1st and 2nd 911 call that Caylee is ACTUALLY missing! (it would be the 1st 911 call that we are hearing) After she gets off the phone with 911, Lee has finally gotten out of Casey that she hasn't seen Caylee in 31 days. So she calls back frantic about Caylee being missing. She really and truly sounds upset in this 911 call.
Earlier on I feel that she might have been involved in actually covering up the disposal of Caylee's body and knew in fact that she is dead and trying to keep Casey out of the public eye. NOW I feel like she HAS TO BELIEVE Casey or otherwise her mind will go to what we all think happened to Caylee, that her mother killed her. She is in COMPLETE denial, and she just wants Caylee home. JMO

:coffeeup: Good Morning everyone! Great post - I agree 10000000%!! Praying we get some answers today!!!!!!!!!!! :detective:

Hailiejade77
07-25-2008, 08:21 AM

Scott Peterson was.

Hailiejade77
07-25-2008, 08:27 AM
I remember SOMEONE telling us to check out his post. And then just a little while ago someone said that they were told by PM that it was Jesse's dad. I think thats what was said. Anyway,.. if that is the case and this statement was by someone that knows Cindy and Casey,.. then its very telling. I so wish we had someone on here that actually KNOWS them and could give us some back info.

If you check out the member list, that member has been banned.

I don't even remember who it was that said that. Do you? Thats why I said someone. Where they banned from pointing that out? I am confused :confused:

Faenorwyn
07-25-2008, 08:28 AM
This is really, really bugging me. The fact that in the 911 call, Casey says this to the operator:

"I tried to contact her and I actually received a phone call today from a number that is no longer in service. I did get to speak to my daughter for about a minute."

I am relatively certain that this is a flat out LIE. The ONLY reason for this lie is if Caylee is no longer alive, and Casey wants to make it seem as though she is. So if the above is in fact a LIE.........then IMO Caylee is no longer alive. Which sadly I suspect that to be the case anyway, but I'm just trying to think of all the facts we know about the case and see if there is any way that Casey is telling the truth about Caylee being alive and I just can't find anything to SUPPORT that. I can find alot that contradicts it but not a single shred of evidence (other than Casey's words) supports the fact that Caylee Anthony is still with us. :(

Faenorwyn
07-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Scott Peterson was.

Ugh.... just hearing that name makes me feel ill. :furious::furious::furious:

pjsmommy
07-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Just wanted to say hello, I have literally read here everyday for YEARS but never could register because of an AOL email address. Anyways, this case finally prompted me to do something. I look forward to joining this community with you all and discussing, for now, I just had a quick thought regarding Caylee. Early on, in one of the television interviews (maybe have been with Greta, or Nancy Grace) the grandma was talking about the shed being locked....
when she was explaining that Casey would have used a shovel to remove bamboo, something else she said has stuck with me ever since, something about there are safety rules in this house, everything is child proofed, there is a rule about the ladder in the pool, it is never to be left on the pool??? Something like that, forgive me for sounding rambling, but has anyone brought that up? like maybe caylee drowned in their pool? Have the cops checked that? Maybe thats why they would smell that in the backyard, then she was moved later? casey may have freaked out that she left her daughter out there alone or something? Just a thought, and nice to meet you all, I'm Julie

believe09
07-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Just wanted to say hello, I have literally read here everyday for YEARS but never could register because of an AOL email address. Anyways, this case finally prompted me to do something. I look forward to joining this community with you all and discussing, for now, I just had a quick thought regarding Caylee. Early on, in one of the television interviews (maybe have been with Greta, or Nancy Grace) the grandma was talking about the shed being locked....
when she was explaining that Casey would have used a shovel to remove bamboo, something else she said has stuck with me ever since, something about there are safety rules in this house, everything is child proofed, there is a rule about the ladder in the pool, it is never to be left on the pool??? Something like that, forgive me for sounding rambling, but has anyone brought that up? like maybe caylee drowned in their pool? Have the cops checked that? Maybe thats why they would smell that in the backyard, then she was moved later? casey may have freaked out that she left her daughter out there alone or something? Just a thought, and nice to meet you all, I'm Julie

Welcome Julie/PJ and we are sooooo happy you got to post! I actually love that idea in a weird way-an accident that caused Casey to panic....yup it works too.

Elley Mae
07-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Did I miss the pool in the back yard, I went back to look for the pictures of the backyard search and could not find them,I don't remember seeing the pool.

Hailiejade77
07-25-2008, 08:53 AM
YES! Thank you....the Ferguson! It's been driving me batty trying to remember. lol

I don't know what the blanket is. Just a blanket but made of special materials?
I'll check your link tomorrow when my eyes are actually open to see the blanket. ty for the link too.

Do we know where she found this guy? Yellow pages or what?
Bad choice, IMO!
Geez, he was ignorant enough to lie on Nancys show about meeting with the police in 30 minutes and then never bothers to show.
I'm sure the police expected him to show up.

g'night all. sleep tight.

if I am not mistaken someone posted that he represented someone that MURDERED THEIR TWO YEAR OLD and it got pleaded down. Is that correct?

Faenorwyn
07-25-2008, 08:56 AM

Welcome Julie!! I had trouble registering also for the same reason lol. I'm sooo glad you brought this up becuase I have thought this as well. AND something else I noticed along the same lines....as of the time they searched the backyard, the ladder was back on the pool I noticed. But yes, it would actually make perfect sense that perhaps Caylee drowned in the pool, Casey panicked and perhaps moved the body over to the ground....left her there while Casey went to get a drink in the house (alcohol) to pull herself together and then maybe a couple of hours later moved the body to the trunk of her car. That could possibly explain the decomp in the yard (especially in that Florida heat) as well as the car. GREAT post!!!

pjsmommy
07-25-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm just going over scenarios in my head that might make any sort of sense. Perhaps the grandparents went on vacation, Casey is at their house with Caylee, they are playing in the backyard, Casey falls asleep/ gets distracted with the pool ladder up, and Caylee goes exploring. Casey then discovers what she's done, loses it, because she blames herself (rightfully so) is scared of her mother, and just panics. Thinks about what to do for a few days, while her parents are on vacation, leaves the body in the backyard hidden maybe in the playhouse (that would account for the dog hits), right before her parents are coming home, she decides she needs to move Caylee, and invent a story.
In my own head, i just can't see her doing something to her daughter intentionally, they just looked too happy in pictures.
As far as the grandmother, i feel that she didn't know any of this, and I don't feel like she is so much protecting Casey as she is herself. She is completely in denial IMO and doesn't want for a minute to believe her precious granddaughter is dead, so she will look at any crazy thought or explanation to rationalize it in her head because the alternative is too much for her to deal with. Deep down she may know, but she is trying to hang on and keep going because i think if she really sits down and thinks about it, she's going to realize what's happened and it will be too much for her to bear. She is projecting her anger for her daughter on to anyone else who is daring to make sense of this. She isn't guilty of harming her granddaughter i don't believe

christine2448
07-25-2008, 08:59 AM
At 8 am pdt the forum will go down, moving to new server...

If you all want to chat real time, chat is available :D

The chat room is open if anyone is interested in chatting about this case! Come in anytime you all want to talk real time! Open even if a mod is not present--just behave ok?

http://www.stormdancing.net/network/java/chat1.html

put your nick in the top space, then type websleuths in the place for channel.

Mohabi
07-25-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm just going over scenarios in my head that might make any sort of sense. Perhaps the grandparents went on vacation, Casey is at their house with Caylee, they are playing in the backyard, Casey falls asleep/ gets distracted with the pool ladder up, and Caylee goes exploring. Casey then discovers what she's done, loses it, because she blames herself (rightfully so) is scared of her mother, and just panics. Thinks about what to do for a few days, while her parents are on vacation, leaves the body in the backyard hidden maybe in the playhouse (that would account for the dog hits), right before her parents are coming home, she decides she needs to move Caylee, and invent a story.
In my own head, i just can't see her doing something to her daughter intentionally, they just looked too happy in pictures.
As far as the grandmother, i feel that she didn't know any of this, and I don't feel like she is so much protecting Casey as she is herself. She is completely in denial IMO and doesn't want for a minute to believe her precious granddaughter is dead, so she will look at any crazy thought or explanation to rationalize it in her head because the alternative is too much for her to deal with. Deep down she may know, but she is trying to hang on and keep going because i think if she really sits down and thinks about it, she's going to realize what's happened and it will be too much for her to bear. She is projecting her anger for her daughter on to anyone else who is daring to make sense of this. She isn't guilty of harming her granddaughter i don't believe

This to me is a highly possible scenario! If this is what happened, I can even have a bit of compassion with Casey, although I can't understand why she would continue to hide the truth.

Hailiejade77
Ugh.... just hearing that name makes me feel ill. :furious::furious::furious:

I know,... he is a monster and I can't wait until he is put to death. Taxpayers shouldn't be paying for him to "live". jmo

Faenorwyn

We are totally on the same wavelength!! I can definitely see that happening! And I agree, it's hard to imagine Casey intentionally killing her child. It's happened before...but I would be more inclined to believe it was an accident (or maybe that's just wishful thinking?)

warrkat
07-25-2008, 09:12 AM

Hello. I'm a newbie, too, after reading here for a couple of years.
I'm so glad that you asked about the pool. I thought I was seeing things. The first time I noticed it was yesterday, in an aerial photograph. Hadn't seen it when the detectives were there investigating, and haven't heard it mentioned in any discussions. It HAS to be there.... we both saw it. Possibly it's the angle of some of the photographs, or maybe it's even in a different back yard and we just can't see the whole thing all at one time. (sorry, I'm at work, and I know that's a bad sentence, but........)

It seems to me that, if there really is a pool there, an accidental death in the pool would be a logical conclusion. Would also explain the decomp smell in the ground, if she was pulled out and was on the ground for any length of time at all.

Hailiejade77
07-25-2008, 09:14 AM

OMG! I never thought of that. Maybe Caylee accidentally died in the pool. She came outside and saw poor little Caylee floating in the pool. Tried to revive her. Couldn't,... panicked and put her in the playhouse until she figured out what to do. She knew if she called 911 that GM would kill her for leaving Caylee by herself in the pool. She goes over borrows a shovel. Tries to dig a "decent" hole and realizes she can't. Put Caylee in the car to dispose of her body. The only thing here is this,... if in fact that happened, did the neighbor see the car backed up BEFORE or AFTER she borrowed the shovel????? jmo

pjsmommy
07-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Could very well just be wishful thinking, I have to keep reminding myself that I'm a rational thinker, and this girl CLEARLY is not!! I guess its my way of trying to make sense out of the seemingly senseless. I have an almost 2 year old, and CANNOT even fathom any of this.
I just think that Grandma is in denial, and is purely devastated, Casey could just be in pure shock, trying to put it out of her mind. I can't begin to want to be in their shoes. The lawyer is the one who really ticks me off, Grandma has an excuse (sort of) she isn't thinking clearly, he should be doing all he can to cooperate, and coming off as smug, pompous and smirking in most cases makes me want to go through my tv and slap him!!

LunaRaptor
07-25-2008, 09:17 AM
We are totally on the same wavelength!! I can definitely see that happening! And I agree, it's hard to imagine Casey intentionally killing her child. It's happened before...but I would be more inclined to believe it was an accident (or maybe that's just wishful thinking?)

Welcome, fellow newbies! :crazy:

I also agree that this is a very likey scenario. I have always thought it was an accident, but I had originally thought she forgot Caylee in a hot car. But when the dogs didn't hit on the carseat...? :waitasec:

This theory makes really good sense!

Faenorwyn
07-25-2008, 09:17 AM
thanks Christine! I'm trying to log in now to the chat but it just keeps saying "connecting to server"

pjsmommy
07-25-2008, 09:18 AM
OMG! I never thought of that. Maybe Caylee accidentally died in the pool. She came outside and saw poor little Caylee floating in the pool. Tried to revive her. Couldn't,... panicked and put her in the playhouse until she figured out what to do. She knew if she called 911 that GM would kill her for leaving Caylee by herself in the pool. She goes over borrows a shovel. Tries to dig a "decent" hole and realizes she can't. Put Caylee in the car to dispose of her body. The only thing here is this,... if in fact that happened, did the neighbor see the car backed up BEFORE or AFTER she borrowed the shovel????? jmo

I'm thinking the shovel didn't have that much to do with this, maybe Casey was trying to cover for being in the backyard so much, who knows? Trying to act like she was doing lawnwork? I don't know.The car backed up, i think was to move Caylee from the place she had her in the backyard, to move her somewhere else (perhaps through the garage?) i know my garage door has a front and back door, that no one would see me move something from my backyard if i didn't want them too.

warrkat
07-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Re: backing the car into the driveway. Does anybody know if Florida uses a front license plate, or just the back like North Carolina?

dimples37398
07-25-2008, 09:19 AM
something about there are safety rules in this house, everything is child proofed, there is a rule about the ladder in the pool, it is never to be left on the pool??? Something like that, forgive me for sounding rambling, but has anyone brought that up? like maybe caylee drowned in their pool? Have the cops checked that? Maybe thats why they would smell that in the backyard, then she was moved later? casey may have freaked out that she left her daughter out there alone or something? Just a thought, and nice to meet you all, I'm Julie

pjsmommy

Welcome:aktion033:

I have thought about an accident in the pool happening, the way the g'ma stressed that safety so much....

All of this below is just me speculating and professing my opinion of a possible scenario........

Maybe they were out of town, Casey has a little get together/friends over, they go swimming and forget to put the ladder up...Caylee wakes up earlier than Casey the next morning, or she thinks Caylee is inside that day and completely spaces out to check on Caylee for whatever reason...

Caylee could have been trying to go swimming, or she could have been trying to put the ladder up, get something out of the pool.....Casey finds her and freaks out completely, maybe she wasn't suppose to be at the house without her parents there, or she knows she left the ladder down and didn't watch Caylee close enough, and decides to try and cover it up.

She gets Caylee out of the pool and tries to help her, realizes it isnt working so she lies caylee in the bushes over there with a towel or blanket, goes to the neighbors and gets a shovel....goes back inside and keeps the shovel while still freaking out, and decides she can't bury her back there so she backs the car up and puts her in the trunk until she can figure out what to do.

That scenario sounds plausible to me......

Hailiejade77
07-25-2008, 09:21 AM
I just thought of something else as well. Since Casey lies so much and she told so many different lies to friends and family members is it plausable that she was hoping that she could tell her parents that the car was stolen? I know she told Tony that it broke down and her dad could come and get it. But do you think she told him this since he was picking her up and that she was actually going to tell her parents that someone stole the car? Then if in fact there was any DNA evidence of Caylee in the trunk she could say that Zanny must have took it? I know weird,.. but THIS WHOLE CASE is weird! From my personal experience with compulsive liars, they tell different lies to different people thinking there is no way anyone will connect the two,..
JMO

pjsmommy
07-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Read my post 2 down from my original one, it looks like we share the same brain :)

summerthyme
07-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Reporter for FOX, reporting to Megyn Kelly, that the odor in the car was so bad, they had to drive it back with the windows down.

Strong "pizza" in that trunk.

pjsmommy
Did I miss the pool in the back yard, I went back to look for the pictures of the backyard search and could not find them,I don't remember seeing the pool.

Yes Elly, it's an above ground pool. It was mentioned in the earliest days of this case.

bluenoser
Hi, I saw the pool too in an aerial photo. I couldn't really tell because it was so quick, if it was in their yard or a neighbors, but I recall thinking at that time, that if it was in their yard, that maybe caylee is buried under it.