PDA

View Full Version : A Letter From Rev. Richard

Tricia
07-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Please understand that all the family members in this case are under tremendous stress. Non of us knows what it is like to be going along in life then all of a sudden cameras from around the world are in your face.
Nor do we really understand what it is like to be on the end of accusations, especially if you are innocent.

Having said that, I am going to post, with permission, the second email from Rev. Richard.

I want you all to read this with an open mind. Be courteous if you post in response to this email.

This email will remain up for 48 hours then removed. I will post my thoughts after this has been up for a few hours.

Please do not "QUOTE" this email. I have promiseed Rev. Richard that I will remove this email at the agreed time.

Thank you,
Tricia
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Letter removed as agreed with Rev. Green.

christine2448
07-25-2008, 06:40 PM
My response......FWIW.....Dear Sir....I am sincerely sorry by no actions of yours you have been pulled into this mess. Most of us can't even begin to comprehend what you are going through. I am praying for you, on my knees literally, for your son, your family, ALL INVOLVED.

I wish you could understand our motives are pure. Our focus is on Caylee....finding Caylee. There is no 'too far' when a 2/3 yr old is missing.

We want to help.

Just my opinion.

harleysnana
07-25-2008, 07:02 PM
My response......FWIW.....Dear Sir....I am sincerely sorry by no actions of yours you have been pulled into this mess. Most of us can't even begin to comprehend what you are going through. I am praying for you, on my knees literally, for your son, your family, ALL INVOLVED.

I wish you could understand our motives are pure. Our focus is on Caylee....finding Caylee. There is no 'too far' when a 2/3 yr old is missing.

We want to help.

Just my opinion.
I also wanted to let Mr. Gund know... we all want the same thing as you.
This little girl to be found!

:blowkiss: your awesome christine2448!

*~Aimee~*
07-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Thank you for bringing this all to light. I am hurt that I might of said something to hurt a incessant bystander who loved this precious girl.

I apologize for anything I said wrong and from now on will only put "facts" from new reports and thing I would not want said about me will not be said. I am so sorry.

I agree we all here only want precious Caylee home and safe. Nobody knows how anyone would react in their place unless you are there and I would not want to be there.

athy
07-25-2008, 07:15 PM
i believe some have taken things too far as in when a myspace is put as private going in and changing it to public...that's just wrong. but i also believe that most of us here do not mean to hurt anyone on purpose. i believe that many of us, while not having walked in their shoes, except for some that have, that we do feel their pain. its so hard to believe that someone in this world could possibly hurt the weakest and most precious of those on this earth, the most innocent, a child. i know many of us pray and hope that Caylee is safe but unfortunately so many of these situations don't end that way. some are so passionate to find out why and what happened that perhaps they do tend to forget that while someone's name is mentioned they are real life people also. i also think you understand that part...but i also agree that while the way you help people thru your supernatural stuff might not be how someone else would do it...no one has the right to be putting anyone down for it.

i feel for your son and your family who have opened your heart to Caylee and i pray that y'all find peace.

DeltaDawn
07-25-2008, 07:20 PM

We want to help.

Just my opinion.

Thanks Christine...my thoughts exactly..you said that very well.

And I too am praying for a postive outcome for all the people close to this case..esspecially Caylee.

j2mirish
07-25-2008, 07:25 PM

We want to help.

Just my opinion.
could not have said it better, but would like to add, that if I was in this position, I dont think I would be on the internet reading what has been said about me or my family, or be concerned with someone else telling me what they read- with all due respect, I find his letter a bit....odd- not the right word I am looking for- I guess I dont understand why anyone would care at this point- the missing little girl is the point- not what is being said about folks

babycat
07-25-2008, 07:35 PM
I agree with him. Good post.

And I respectfully disagree with Christine, even though I enjoy your posts very much. I personally feel that there is a "too far" when it comes to posting about these cases.

I understand the search for the missing girl, but I feel that some of the statements made were not helpful in finding Caylee. Some were out of hand. I mean, at some point I think someone even insinuated that they thought this whole thing could be scripted...it can get out of hand, in my opinion.

Like someone previously mentioned, Rev Grund is hardly the first man of the cloth to deal with the spirits, or supernatural. I mean, some churches still hold exorcisms. Tons of people in the world believe in Ghosts, or spirits. I just fail to see how that is odd, really. I don't personally share his beliefs, but I certainly don't question what he believes, and why he believes it. It doesn't affect me.

So while I agree that there is no "too far" in helping to find a missing child, I don't believe that the comments about Rev Grund's appearance, or calling him "weird" or pitying his son for having him as a father is at all helpful in finding Casey.

I take a bit of an issue when people use "finding Caylee" as a defense for the posts about his family, when essentially, we're all just following the case. We're in very little position to provide facts about the case to LE- We're all just following news links and discussing. We do our part by spreading the word, but I fail to see how that ties in with Rev Grund's myspace.

I have no doubt that the wonderful posters here have generated great theories- some that may have even at one time, been passed on to LE. I also understand that we all have freedom of speech- but think about it, haven't you been upset by someone else exercising their freedom of speech, at one time? Don Imus, the KKK, and many others spread their word under the same freedom- it doesn't make the right, in my opinion. It can be damaging and hurtful, and if we are going to speak freely, we need to come to terms with the fact that it might hurt others who are also victims in this case, and speak responsibly.

I do like the posters here very much, but I also happen to disagree on this issue. I think it is fine that we all post our theories, opinions, hell, even speculation- but don't be surprised if someone is hurt by it, at some point...I don't understand how some people on here with so much compassion towards the missing/victims can have so little compassion with this man, who may very well be innocent, and has not been linked to the case at all, except to be the father of an ex-boyfriend.

But, it's just my opinion. I do like the posters here very much, but those are my thoughts on the matter. I'm sure I'll be flamed to death for this posts, but I respect your opinions, and I just ask that you respect my freedom of speech, too:)

Cheers

christine2448
07-25-2008, 07:38 PM
I do like the posters here very much, but I also happen to disagree on this issue.
Cheers

It's OK to disagree.....ty for your post...I am reading again and thinking sincerely about all you said. Your opinion, as all other posters, is valued.

:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Patience
07-25-2008, 07:41 PM
I am sorry if I offended anyone with my posts. I am sorry Mr. Grund and Jesee Grund. I am truly sorry and will watch very closely what I post in the future.

Now, Where is Caylee?????????????????

lilacwine
07-25-2008, 07:42 PM
If someone hacked their myspace they have every right to be alarmed and take action. That is reprehensible.

They know the family under investigation. What if someone hacked it and posted something that made the investigation more convoluted.

He's protecting his family and I respect him for that.

Hacking someone's account probably escalated this very quickly and forced him to address it. I hope that wasn't anyone from this forum because it concerns me greatly!

babycat
07-25-2008, 07:42 PM
:blowkiss: Thanks so much...as I said, I enjoy your posts very much, and I hated to even quote it, as I tend to share your opinions.

I do think that websleuths is a fantastic forum, and since I moved here from In Sessions- well, I find everyone is most tolerant and agreeable, and respectful to each others posts.

So I love it here;)

It's OK to disagree.....ty for your post...I am reading again and thinking sincerely about all you said. Your opinion, as all other posters, is valued.

:blowkiss::blowkiss:

fivekidz4me
07-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Rev. Richard,
I'm deeply sorry for all that your family has been through. I can't even begin to imagine, nor do I ever want to think about all that little Caylee has been through. That sweet angel deserves so much better.

It is my belief that some sleuthers are so focused on finding the precious angels that are lost...that they look at every possible and impossible senario to bring info out of the woodwork-out into the public--so that the little angels will be found. No stone unturned, if you will. What if a good lead or complete picture came from all the stones unturned?

Your family is one of these stones, and I ask that you stay on websleuths or another venue and keep providing informatio and pictures. The good, the bad, and the ugly is what is keeping Caylee in the media right now. While it may seem like you have been thrown to the wolves, please remember that Caylee is with the wolves now, oh dear God! Caylee needs everyone to be examined thoroughly for her sake. I know it is offensive, but you can be the voice of reason, allow for the correct information to flow to the world. Set the record straight when peoples theories are off base---help the people sleuthing remain focused in the right direction by provding the truth. Your family loves this sweet angel and would do ANYTHING to help find her, let the world know! Let them cast all stones to keep this baby in the media...heaven forbid they lose interest! Coast to coast coverage is what she needs. We need to find Caylee! Everyone here just wants Caylee to be found soon and safe, just as you and your family hope and pray for.

Thank you for sharing and bearing your soul, everyone seems to have been victimized by Casey. I pray that you and your family will heal and realize that it's only for Caylee sake. Have your wife turn her my space into a public plea to find Caylee and get more pictures to the people looking for her! Don't be victimized-work with the media attention to help find sweet angel Caylee.
Respectfully,
Fivekidz4me

Cubby
07-25-2008, 07:55 PM

We want to help.

Just my opinion.

Said very well.

Mr. Grund, I have read but not posted on the Caylee thread. I am deeply sorry your family was inadvertently dragged into this mess. It's clear you, your wife and your son have too become victims of Casey's lies and manipulation.

There are many places here, for family devoted to "support only "threads. Those threads are not up for debate. We have some family members who post here and receive tremendous help and and exposure for cases not receiving the national attention Caylee's case has drawn. It saddens me your first impression and exposure to WS was what it was. I am greatful you replied and explained what you could. Thank you!

The thread you stumbled upon- if you read the description - includes debate and discussion. That said, having been a member of WS for sometime I can see where some anger and frustration of posters comes out in ways that hurt, but were not intended to hurt. It's my opinion we need an "off topic thread" for some to vent their frustration, because we care, we hurt, and mostly we are upset and angry a precious little child is missing. It's difficult as a parent to understand Caseys reactions. I know if my son were missing, I would be beside myself with greif, and I do not know that I could demonstrate the strength that other posters, Annasmom, and Kelly from project jason have demonstrated in their search. My heart aches with greif for everyone missing a family member, child or adult.

May God bless you and carry you and your family through this trial. and may the Lord please bring Caylee back safely.

fivekidz4me
07-25-2008, 07:56 PM
I agree that this type of behavior is over the top...but honestly, how is one to know who did the hacking...police? media? private detective? websleuther? random hacker?
From what I've read from many cases, it's when things go private that things turn ugly and more "speculation" occurs...people, media, police, etc...start wondering if there is something to hide.
All I know is what I would do in this situation...I'd just make that myspace a public tribute to find Caylee. That's who needs exposure right now!

If someone hacked their myspace they have every right to be alarmed and take action. That is reprehensible.

They know the family under investigation. What if someone hacked it and posted something that made the investigation more convoluted.

He's protecting his family and I respect him for that.

Hacking someone's account probably escalated this very quickly and forced him to address it. I hope that wasn't anyone from this forum because it concerns me greatly!

christine2448
07-25-2008, 07:57 PM
IAll I know is what I would do in this situation...I'd just make that myspace a public tribute to find Caylee. That's who needs exposure right now!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

SeriouslySearching
07-25-2008, 08:01 PM
I apologize if I have said or done anything wrong concerning your family. You do have my sincerest apologies for upsetting anyone further in this difficult situation.

Also, thank you for clearing up the situation with your son. I wish him the best and know this must be a very difficult time for him. I applaud him for working with the police and coming forward about the phone call. He stepped up to do the right thing.

In a case such as this one where a precious little girl is either out there with a stranger or worse, we do try to leave no stone unturned. We are very passionate about what we do as I see you are passionate about your work. We want nothing more than to bring this child home to the people who truly love her. There is a lot we can accomplish when we all work together...families and friends included.

Again, please accept my apologies.

liltigress
07-25-2008, 08:29 PM
I do apologize if I said anything that upset you or your family, especially at such a tragic time.

I hope you and your family will join us all at WS and help keep us on the right track to helping find Caylee. I believe your positive involvement with us might help open our eyes to many things.

After all, there are some wonderful and professional people here who have put their heart and soul into finding a little girl we don't even know but we already love.

I am sure your family is going through an extremely hard time right now and I am terrified that it may get worse. I do extend my hand to you, my friend. It is times like these that even a stranger can help ease a heavy heart.

CateH
07-25-2008, 09:06 PM
I agree there is definitely a "too far" and unfortunately it is too easy for people to get caught up in the avalanche of information, speculation, and rumor. Sometimes it is a sincere effort to find clues, other times it seems only an effort to be "first" to post something.

As for the Caylee forum, I have seen several posts where someone misheard a word or two in an interview or phone call, took it and ran with it, and a whole lot of innuendo followed...to the point of ridiculousness. When that happens, a "correction" post can get lost in the shuffle, and before you know it, the mistake is reported as fact.

I have stayed away from the threads and posts that go down this path and I am sorry, Rev. Richard, that you became a victim of this. We all need to remember that dragging innocent people through the mud does nothing to help the crime victims we are all supposed to care about.

pixies
07-25-2008, 09:17 PM
My response is this:

This case is about a missing little girl and those surronding her.

Complaining that your feelings are hurt because someone is talking bad about you is silly and petty and taking time away from those on WS who are working hard, digging up facts and questioning those facts that do not fit the many stories Casey, Grandma and others have told.

Stop trying to take the attention away from Caylee. Stop injecting yourself in the story and having "poor me" feelings when a child is missing and in danger. I understand you are upset but this whole case is upsetting. I have not seen anyone bashing you or your wife on here. I think people question your religion because they do not understand it. They respect your right to practice it but they are curious about what you do. I do not think anyone here is judging you or your wife or your son as guilty in anyway. I think people are just trying to figure out where the pieces fit.

Concentrate your hurt feelings and anger towards finding the child you love.

If a child I loved went missing I would not be sitting behind a computer getting upset because someone called me a "mobster". I would be out there hunting and searching.

People on WS are (for the most part) normal everyday people. I seriously doubt they hacked into myspace just to read what your wife is saying. It could have been anyone in the vast world wide web or it even could have been a mistake made by your wife to set her profile public. WHO KNOWS?

This story is about Caylee the rest is garbage and attention getting.

j2mirish
07-25-2008, 09:32 PM

We want to help.

Just my opinion.

My response is this:

Complaining that your feelings are hurt because someone is talking bad about you is silly and petty and taking time away from those on WS who are working hard, digging up facts and questioning those facts that do not fit the many stories Casey, Grandma and others have told.

Stop trying to take the attention away from Caylee. Stop injecting yourself in the story and having "poor me" feelings when a child is missing and in danger. I understand you are upset but this whole case is upsetting. I have not seen anyone bashing you or your wife on here. I think people question your religion because they do not understand it. They respect your right to practice it but they are curious about what you do. I do not think anyone here is judging you or your wife or your son as guilty in anyway. I think people are just trying to figure out where the pieces fit.

If a child I loved went missing I would not be sitting behind a computer getting upset because someone called me a "mobster". I would be out there hunting and searching.

People on WS are (for the most part) normal everyday people. I seriously doubt they hacked into myspace just to read what your wife is saying. It could have been anyone in the vast world wide web or it even could have been a mistake made by your wife to set her profile public. WHO KNOWS?

wow--:clap:

christine2448
07-25-2008, 09:44 PM
I sit here with me 2 yr old, watching videos of skinks inbetween checking here to see if Caylee is found.

Pixies.....spot on.

Turn your palms up, show me the soles of your feet....whatever it takes to find this baby. Do you all get it.....WHERE IS THIS CHILD????

If people would turn there palms up, show the soles of their feet....spread yer arse if you have to....the lies, the don't expose me, only hurts our search for her.

Nothing should matter..if people are doing and acting right then they should not worry about us picking them apart.

Just my opinion.

My 2 boys and I are going to get ready for bed....we will all agree in prayer that Caylee will be found safe and quick...please join us in prayer....everyone that reads this...even if you don't believe.....send strength and love to Caylee, Casey, all involved.

Hailiejade77
07-25-2008, 09:48 PM
First off I would like to say that I am new here, but from what I have seen and read most of the posters here are good people with good souls. You can feel that they are really and truly concerned and want to help the victims as much as possible. I truly believe that these people are passionate about wanting to help others.

I would like to apologize to anyone that I might have offended in my posts. It was not my intention to do so. Since this case has been on the news, I have not been able to sleep. I have a two year old daughter myself and I can't even FATHOM the idea of her being away from me for a whole day let alone 31 DAYS! This little girl haunts my dreams. I don't even know her, but everytime something comes on the news and her picture is flashed across the screen, I cry. I feel sorry for everyone involved in this case. I have been PRAYING everyday and every free moment I have for the safe return for this little girl! I want her home with all the people that truly care about her and love her.

That being said, I had no idea that anyone hacked into anyones myspace account or any other website. That is wrong and I feel whoever did that should be reprimanded. That is going entirely too far, in my opinion.
Again I would like to say that I am sorry for all of the people and family members in this case. Nothing matters but getting this beautiful little girl home, safe and sound. Let's all pray that she comes home as soon as possible.

Columbo
07-25-2008, 09:52 PM
With all due respect: If Caylee has been in Cindy and George Anthony's care "24/7" for the past 3 years, and "raised by them" as you state, Rev Richard...why wasn't she reported missing immediately?

abrakadabra
07-25-2008, 09:53 PM
hey rev. i'm glad you wrote in a letter to a mod for her to post. i posted your reply to my e-mail from myspace [abra] and most people seemed to genuinely believe everything you told me and felt better for anything they might have thought or said after the fact. hope you are feeling a little better about this situation.

olive
07-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Rev. Grund,

I respect that you have contacted the forum with your side of the story and I regret taking part in any conversation that may have hurt you or your loved ones.

I do not know any of you, but I want this little girl brought home. As do we all.

I stated in a previous thread that we should open a new thread titled "Tools to Find Caylee" where we can post all the information we have collected about the Caylee sightings to aid all the lurkers and visitors we get here in locating her (there are plenty!). One of our sleuthers took the time to photoshop Caylee's picture with blonde hair to reflect Cindy's statement that her hair may have been dyed. Other sleuthers have spent plenty of time constructing maps of areas pertinent to the case. I'd like all these helpful tools located somewhere central and organized on Websleuths. We have a lot of great people here taking hours out of their day to help find this precious child.

I hope that gives you comfort.

I know you would be welcomed graciously by the good people here if you would like to join us in our effort. I know you stated you are doing what you can to bring Caylee home. I'd like to point out that Websleuths is not your enemy, Rev. Grund- you can use this forum as a tool to help find Caylee. More people in the general public find us through google than find your myspace site, or the family's myspace site. If you are spending time on your computer, what better way to use it than to use the tools available to you to help? We already know the media and law enforcement check these boards, as well as the public. The best part? Websleuths is 100% anonymous. No one would even know it is you.

This is a sincere invitation.

olive
07-25-2008, 11:02 PM
oops, double post

MistyM
07-25-2008, 11:08 PM
My response is this:

**just wanted to add that i hope nobody from here hacked into the mrs.'s myspace. it seems the people here are really nice and would never do that, could be a news agency or who knows who else. i really don't believe anyone here did it for our benefit.

i agree totally. there are i think 15 threads about this poor little girl and a handful of posts about these other people - people make observations then move on. i don't even remember what was said about who about what if it doesn't involve caylee directly.

in a few months time we won't even remember these other people. focus on the child, not yourself.

**edited to add i hope a websleuth did not hack the mrs's myspace. i really don't think anyone who is on here did it for our benefit. there are lots of other people out there who have the means and smarts to do something like that. i really don't think we did it. i hope you find out who did though, that's really nasty.

Elphaba
07-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Mr. Grund,

Thank you for taking the time send this letter, instead of letting all of this fester into something worse. There are a lot of passionate people on Websleuths and sometimes things get said that maybe shouldn't... but its not done out of malice... we just want to find answers and we look in every corner we can find, to look. I understand that your feelings are hurt by what was implied about you and if I was in your shoes, I would probably feel the same way. I hope from here on out that we all can keep moving forward in a positive manner and work towards figuring out where Caylee is at and to see her brought home, in what ever manner it will be.

Peace be with you and your family...

absolut_alexis
07-25-2008, 11:26 PM
I agree with Mr. Gund that people are deserving of compassion and respect.

Even when a criminal is being sentenced, judges remain respectful in their choice of words. The very legal system that we depend on has shown us that there is no reason to be disrespectful. Can you think of a more respectful way of calling someone a liar than to say "Miss Anthony and the truth are strangers."?

It is easy to fall into the informal language that comes across as flippant, and perhaps better word choices would have avoided the sense of violation that Mr. Gund describes. His son is in the unenviable position of being discussed without being able to respond, and no one wants to have their appearance or life's work mocked. I do not see how it is possible to argue with a man who asks only that his family be treated with dignity.

my2cents
07-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Mr. Grund--

I have been reading posts here for well over a year. I have found that 99.9% of these posters really do care about these cases. I also think that these posters are some of the very brightest and most intelligent that I have found on these types of forums. They try to investigate every area, person, theory, etc to find some common thread.

I honestly believe that if you could understand that they are looking at every person, and look past what may hurt your feelings, you might begin to pick up on some theories that may bring a conversation you had with the mother to mind, or these theories may trigger something in your memory that is pertinent to the investigation.

I did respond to a couple of posts because I felt that you came down quite hard on the posters. It should be expected that your son would be mentioned because he was questioned and provided a huge clue that discredited the timeline. Nothing said was meant to actually accuse him or tie him to this crime. It was another avenue that needed to be explored. We are coming down on your friends because they have turned this case into a three ring circus and Casey is acting like a 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum.

I don't agree with your personal beliefs and I am glad to see that you are open minded about that. Most of us looked at the myspace page and were a little frightened by the image. It is not everyday that we see a reverend holding what looks to be a weapon. I think most ppl were just commenting because we have never seen such a thing. It scared a few of us.

If I offended you, I am sorry. But you have to understand that there are thousands of us that can not understand why, why, why NO one seems to be pounding the pavement looking for this child. I have three nieces, and although we are not close, I would be hopping on plans to chase down tips, banging on doors and demanding answers. That is why we all are so frustrated with this case. We figured if your son was the daddy, your side of the family should be doing that too.

This really should be about the child and finding her, one way or the other. This really is not the time nor place for petty arguing and hurt feelings. I hope you see that this is just what happens in these cases and we all want Caylee to be found.

Please, tell Cindy to go shake her daughter until the truth comes out so they can end this three ring circus they have going.

Sincerely,

my2cents

Tricia
07-26-2008, 12:48 AM
i agree totally. there are i think 15 threads about this poor little girl and a handful of posts about these other people - people make observations then move on. i don't even remember what was said about who about what if it doesn't involve caylee directly.

in a few months time we won't even remember these other people. focus on the child, not yourself.

**edited to add i hope a websleuth did not hack the mrs's myspace. i really don't think anyone who is on here did it for our benefit. there are lots of other people out there who have the means and smarts to do something like that. i really don't think we did it. i hope you find out who did though, that's really nasty.

Websleuths had NOTHING to do with this. If I find out who did I would be the first one to help with any prosecution.
When you put anything on the Internet it is there for millions to see. For all we know Law Enforcement was behind it. I just don't know but certainly not Websleuths.

my2cents
07-26-2008, 12:57 AM
Just a thought about the hacking--

Those new "apps" on myspace are BAD. They can steal your personal info and, if you use paypal, they can steal banking info too. She got a major virus and had to buy a new laptop! There are alot of really smart hackers out there now. Could have been anyone that hacked the myspace acct.

*~Aimee~*
07-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Just a thought about the hacking--

Those new "apps" on myspace are BAD. They can steal your personal info and, if you use paypal, they can steal banking info too. She got a major virus and had to buy a new laptop! There are alot of really smart hackers out there now. Could have been anyone that hacked the myspace acct.

who is She? that had to buy a new laptop? Mrs. Grund?

my2cents
07-26-2008, 01:07 AM
Oh Lord, sorry! I'm tired and didn't read it before i posted. I meant to say my friend told me the apps were bad, she had to buy a new laptop. I need to go to bed!

*~Aimee~*
07-26-2008, 01:10 AM
Oh Lord, sorry! I'm tired and didn't read it before i posted. I meant to say my friend told me the apps were bad, she had to buy a new laptop. I need to go to bed!

lol I understand. Caylee has been on my mind a lot and can't sleep. I don't even know her in RL but she has touched my heart.

MistyM
07-26-2008, 02:55 AM
Websleuths had NOTHING to do with this. If I find out who did I would be the first one to help with any prosecution.
When you put anything on the Internet it is there for millions to see. For all we know Law Enforcement was behind it. I just don't know but certainly not Websleuths.

After reading pretty much every thread there is on this case, I can't think of one person posting that would ever do that. There are so many 'fake' sites out there that want your myspace login information and password, i've come across some that will set up a personalized page for you then ask for all that information. it's easy to get duped. They even have warnings on the site now to make sure you are going to a genuine myspace page when you log in.

maconrich
07-26-2008, 03:16 AM
I'm not sure what I can add, but I feel the need to share how I feel and a little of why I've participated in this thread...

I've been reading here for a long time but posting only recently. Little Caylee seemed to jump into my heart when the first picture was shown: perhaps because she reminds me of my niece, but more likely because her shining personality comes through so clearly in her pictures. She captured my heart and from what I've read here, she's done the same with each and every poster. And people here have been worried, frustrated, sickened, sad and angry. I'm sure those that know and love little Caylee have been feeling the same things multiplied by a million. Our hearts go out to the loved ones who are trying to help find her - I think that is a generalization that is safe to make, or at least I hope it is.

Being outside the family circle, we know only what the media releases: just a glimpse into Caylee's life and the lives of those closest to her. We're trying to put the puzzle together based on what the press has released- realizing that everyone involved is real and suffering a very real loss. We're trying to looking at everything; trying to find the one piece of information or connection that might solve the puzzle. Trying to stay positive about the outcome and hoping against hope that precious Caylee will be found safe and reunited with her loved ones.

I've said "we" a lot, something that's not a good thing to do, but something I've felt ok doing based on what I've read here. If not, I apologize. Perhaps I should only speak for myself... and doing so, I want to say to the Rev and Mrs Grund and Jesse that my thoughts and prayers are with you - just as they are with the others who love little Caylee and are trying to bring her home...
~barbara~

drip~drop
07-26-2008, 03:19 AM
My response is this:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
You said most everything I was thinking.

Tricia
07-26-2008, 04:04 AM
My 2 cents:

It is very easy to criticize others behavior in a situation like this. We KNOW we would NEVER behave like this...but do we really know it for certain???.

Think about this. You are living your life and then it is turned upside down, inside out, and taken apart in the media.

No matter how tough your skin words can hurt. This family doesn't know about WS that I can see. All of a sudden WS is picking apart everything about them. This is a new and surreal experience I am sure.

Don't get me wrong. I am the biggest offender of this on the cases I follow. I like having a reality check like this though.

It does depend on the case. When Scott Peterson came into our lives most of us were correct in predicting his guilt. We really gave it to him and his family. Was that wrong? I don't think so. Because of his actions and the behavior of his family in the case we had a lot to talk about.

In this case, in my opinion only, the only one to look at is Casey. She holds the key.

Yes, we certainly can discuss others surrounding the suspect. That will never stop. Until their is a trial and a conviction we don't know for sure who is guilty.

After reading this letter it will give me pause the next time I bring up someones family member who was thrown into the spotlight by no fault of their own.

CheckDaFacts
07-26-2008, 04:57 AM
The myspace page was open to the public not private. There was no hacking.

Where is Caylee, we all want to know.

Mohabi
07-26-2008, 07:50 AM
Turn your palms up, show me the soles of your feet....whatever it takes to find this baby. Do you all get it.....WHERE IS THIS CHILD????

If people would turn there palms up, show the soles of their feet....spread yer arse if you have to....the lies, the don't expose me, only hurts our search for her.

Nothing should matter..if people are doing and acting right then they should not worry about us picking them apart.

I'm all for what you said above, Christine but I would like to add that while we turn all those stones and look at all those possibilities, be they soles, palms or other hidden parts, we should do it with more detachment and more respect.

We can pick apart and we can theorize, but we shouldn't take our interest in finding Caylee (or anyone else for that matter) so far that it destroys somebody's reputation and causes them mental anguish.

Furthermore, whoever hacks a private account is committing an illegal offense (I do not think one of us did this). We are always b*ing about papparazzi.....if you think about it long enough, we could be compared to them. Yes, our intent is not the same, but it certainly feels the same to those we "investigate".

I pray none of us will ever find themselves at the other end of a microscope and that - if by any chance we were in that scary position - those looking through that microscope will be respectful and think about what it would feel like to walk in that person's shoes.

Let's not nail innocent people to the cross just because of their uniqueness. God/Nature loves variety or there would be no difference of expression.

Starr58
07-26-2008, 09:18 AM
My response is this:

Well said and I agree totally

AlwaysShocked
07-26-2008, 09:30 AM
I too read here a lot but don't post much.

Reverend, so sorry your family is going through such a difficult time. I too am praying for a positive outcome, but think that the death smell in the car just about says it all.

I also would like to respectfully point out that if you have a photograph of yourself posted on your myspace that spontaneously evokes thoughts from strangers of "IMO he looks like a gangster or a mob guy" and that was NOT your intention, then you might want to give very some serious thought to changing the photograph of yourself.

I say this with utmost respect and sincerity. Posting a photograph of oneself coveys a message.......... now that you know what message at least some folks are getting from your photograph, you need to ask yourself if that is truely the message you want to be conveying.

Getting upset at folks for what thoughts were evoked when they viewed the photo is beyond your control. Changing the photo is within your control.

In any case, my best wishes to all the innocents involved in this case. IMO the daughter is ill. I think she did something - perhaps accidentally - to the child. IMO the grandmother is just in turmoil - unwilling to believe the baby is dead and in denial that her daughter did something to harm the child. And her own mothering instinct is leading her to protect her own child along with strongly wanting to believe the baby is still alive somewhere. (All just my opinion, of course)

christine2448
07-26-2008, 10:55 AM
There is no 'too far' when a 2/3 yr old is missing.

Quoting myself :D I off course was referring to the sleuthing...not hacking...that is TOO far! I was talking within the law...that is illegal and if it did happen I hope they can catch the responsible party. I would never think of going 'far enough' to break the law. I do not believe for a minutes a WSer would do this...I have 'worked' a lot of cases here and have never had someone say.."let's hack"....never.

Beyond Belief
07-26-2008, 11:26 AM
We are all God's children and definitely not perfect. Prayer and forgiveness is "his way", let's keep it in mind.:)

legallee
07-26-2008, 11:26 AM
My response is this:

I think you went way over the top with this post!

Why don't you all stop talking about the innocent people in her life and talk about Caylee? You guys have posted on that board about alot of innocent people you know nothing about, EXCEPT that they have been touched by this little girl in some way. They are being punished by people like you for loving a little girl! I completely understand this mans and his family's pain. People went WAY over the top as they do in alot of these cases.

Stop casting stones! If you were in this mans shoes, you can't say you wouldn't be crushed by it all.

I've BEEN the victim before, I was bashed for coming forward. My entire world was put online by a bunch of people who wanted to speculate that perhaps I "got what was coming to me for being so naive" I know what it feels like when you do the right thing and are bashed about it. I know what it's like when your family and friends are bashed because you did the right thing.

This is the very reason I NEVER speak about an innocent person until I read the facts!

I can't believe you have no compassion!!!:furious:

legallee
07-26-2008, 11:33 AM
And to the family and friends of this little girl:

I'm sorry you all have dealt with such pain caused by many here.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all! I hope Caylee is found soon!

christine2448
07-26-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm all for what you said above, Christine but I would like to add that while we turn all those stones and look at all those possibilities, be they soles, palms or other hidden parts, we should do it with more detachment and more respect.

We can pick apart and we can theorize, but we shouldn't take our interest in finding Caylee (or anyone else for that matter) so far that it destroys somebody's reputation and causes them mental anguish.

Furthermore, whoever hacks a private account is committing an illegal offense (I do not think one of us did this). We are always b*ing about papparazzi.....if you think about it long enough, we could be compared to them. Yes, our intent is not the same, but it certainly feels the same to those we "investigate".

I pray none of us will ever find themselves at the other end of a microscope and that - if by any chance we were in that scary position - those looking through that microscope will be respectful and think about what it would feel like to walk in that person's shoes.

Let's not nail innocent people to the cross just because of their uniqueness. God/Nature loves variety or there would be no difference of expression.

Excellent post.

Tricia
07-26-2008, 11:30 PM
At the request of Rev. Richard I will be removing the letter a bit early. Don't read anything into this please. We are doing it as a courtesy to everyone involved.

I will leave this thread up to continue the discussion if you like.

Tricia

Vegas Bride
07-27-2008, 12:52 AM
I came to this thread to late to read the letter so can only surmise that someone got upset because of posters here doing what they do best and that is "sleuth"
Whenever there is an investigation on a missing child, the people who are the closest to the child have to be looked at. Yes feelings can get hurt or you could feel insulted but we have to remember that only by looking at everything can we hope to uncover the truth.
Bottom line is, a little girl is missing and she needs to be found and the person/people responsible need to be held accountable for their actions.

VB

my2cents
07-27-2008, 02:06 AM
I too read here a lot but don't post much.

Reverend, so sorry your family is going through such a difficult time. I too am praying for a positive outcome, but think that the death smell in the car just about says it all.

I also would like to respectfully point out that if you have a photograph of yourself posted on your myspace that spontaneously evokes thoughts from strangers of "IMO he looks like a gangster or a mob guy" and that was NOT your intention, then you might want to give very some serious thought to changing the photograph of yourself.

I say this with utmost respect and sincerity. Posting a photograph of oneself coveys a message.......... now that you know what message at least some folks are getting from your photograph, you need to ask yourself if that is truely the message you want to be conveying.

Getting upset at folks for what thoughts were evoked when they viewed the photo is beyond your control. Changing the photo is within your control.

In any case, my best wishes to all the innocents involved in this case. IMO the daughter is ill. I think she did something - perhaps accidentally - to the child. IMO the grandmother is just in turmoil - unwilling to believe the baby is dead and in denial that her daughter did something to harm the child. And her own mothering instinct is leading her to protect her own child along with strongly wanting to believe the baby is still alive somewhere. (All just my opinion, of course)

:clap::clap::clap:

BethInAK
07-27-2008, 02:49 AM
Dear Reverand,
I'm very sorry that you felt hurt by some of the things the websleuths posted here. Believe me, none of it was intended with malice. Truly, while it may sometimes seems callous or mean, its really not intended to be that way - its simply that people are focused on Caylee and angry about her disappearance.
Peace to you.

pixies
07-27-2008, 12:04 PM
I think you went way over the top with this post!

Why don't you all stop talking about the innocent people in her life and talk about Caylee? You guys have posted on that board about alot of innocent people you know nothing about, EXCEPT that they have been touched by this little girl in some way. They are being punished by people like you for loving a little girl! I completely understand this mans and his family's pain. People went WAY over the top as they do in alot of these cases.

Stop casting stones! If you were in this mans shoes, you can't say you wouldn't be crushed by it all.

I've BEEN the victim before, I was bashed for coming forward. My entire world was put online by a bunch of people who wanted to speculate that perhaps I "got what was coming to me for being so naive" I know what it feels like when you do the right thing and are bashed about it. I know what it's like when your family and friends are bashed because you did the right thing.

This is the very reason I NEVER speak about an innocent person until I read the facts!

I can't believe you have no compassion!!!:furious:

OK, Let me explain this so you can understand, my friend:

A CHILD IS MISSING! ANYONE WHO HAS HAD CONTACT WITH THIS CHILD NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED.

The preacher and his family are 100 percent innocent in this, I believe. I have never bashed him at all. But I do seriously have issues with people who put themselves in the middle of an investigation to complain about something so trivial as "Someone called me a bad name" .

DO not take away from people searching for Caylee. That is the bottom line. WS has amazing people here who are not sleeping, who are praying and searching for this baby.

This has nothing to do with you being a victim of crime and it is in no way related to YOU. I can tell you without a doubt, you being a victim of crime would not have been bashed here on WS. We support the victims 100%.

We at WS are not "casting stones" :rolleyes:
We are searching for a child who is in danger because the grown ups in her life (mom, grandma) did not do the right thing.

We want Caylee found and that is what everyone should want.

Someone got their feelings hurt, I understand but it is taking away from the facts. "A child is missing and the adults want to act like children because someone called them a name" .

Now, let's all move on and concentrate on Caylee.

SweetPea2
07-29-2008, 12:45 PM
pixies said:
I do seriously have issues with people who put themselves in the middle of an investigation to complain about something so trivial as "Someone called me a bad name" .

He didn't put himself in the middle of an investigation, he wrote to a crime forum. :rolleyes:I'd like to know, what about those who did the name calling? How does that HELP Caylee?:rolleyes:

believe09
07-29-2008, 01:16 PM
The Reverend also joined the forum with an agenda, even if it was just to suss out what people were saying. While I do believe that the influx of posters on this case caused our typical courteous behavior to fall by the wayside, the Rev could have identified himself as most family members do the very first time they post. This gives one of us a chance to direct them to the forum for families, or at least gives a chance to posters to edit their comments in deference to the family.

I have mixed feelings regarding the subject-although I do think that this kind of limelight being cast on any family is intense and unwelcome...although perhaps necessary in a way so the word can get out that a loved one is missing....I am not sure how I feel about the Rev. calling "foul" in this particular case-the myspace pages and website are out there for all to see regarding his religious affiliation and beliefs. Surely Websleuth posters are not the first to comment regarding this?

I do wish them well as this firestorm continues, and I hope we can get back to the business of locating Caylee.