Blue_Dolphin308
07-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Please continue here!

Blue_Dolphin308
07-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Anyone doing a daily recap thread?

tehcloser
07-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Prayers and peace to the west coasters.....

Patty G
07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lanie

What is the burn ban situation in Orlando right now? Lanie

There is a Ban on burning pretty much across the state of Florida. Although we are getting rain, we are still, at least in Bradenton, have water restriction to save water. So no open fires!

We all know burning a body doesn't work based on Maria Lauterback and so many others that tried.

ShouldBWorking
07-29-2008, 03:21 PM
The Orange County Sheriff's Office said Casey Anthony had a habit of stealing gas from the family but did not say the theft was not necessarily related to the missing child investigation, Local 6's Erick Weber said.

A grown woman has a habit of stealing gas...give me a break

DianeB
07-29-2008, 03:26 PM
The Orange County Sheriff's Office said Casey Anthony had a habit of stealing gas from the family but did not say the theft was not necessarily related to the missing child investigation, Local 6's Erick Weber said.

A grown woman has a habit of stealing gas...give me a breakWhat? I wonder why George reported this incident to LE, if he suspected it might have been another lift by his light-fingered daughter.

Were they trying to smoke Casey out?

babycat
07-29-2008, 03:28 PM

A grown woman has a habit of stealing gas...give me a break

I really shouldn't....I'm trying to cut back. Well, okay, maybe just this one. And one for the road...

Heh. Wonder why they were so compelled to report it in the police report, then? Did these last few gallons just push them over the edge? Right.

Seems to me like they wouldn't call and report two cans of gas missing if they suspected it were Casey. What would they get out of it? Or if they DID suspect it was Casey, why not tell the officer?

Not buying it, personally.

Blue_Dolphin308
07-29-2008, 03:34 PM
I am working on the daily recap. please bear with me

SeriouslySearching
07-29-2008, 03:36 PM
There is a Ban on burning pretty much across the state of Florida. Although we are getting rain, we are still, at least in Bradenton, have water restriction to save water. So no open fires!

We all know burning a body doesn't work based on Maria Lauterback and so many others that tried.True, but she was a pregnant woman not a tiny child. However, you raise a good point about the burn ban there. (How do the transients in those camps stay warm at night and cook? I can't see them following the law in that respect.)

So looking in the Econ and for a burial site would be the way to go to search.

murdershewrote
07-29-2008, 03:38 PM
yeah, remember the military guy in NC that attempted to bury and burn the girlfriend who was pregnant...that didn't turn out too well. I can only imagine there would be quite an odor trying to burn a body.

another thought....Casey told her mom she just felt that Caylee was close by...so in my book, she must be far, far away.

SeriouslySearching
07-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Is it just me or is everyone having a horrid time posting today?! Each post is taking several minutes to go through and then says it is a duplicate each time. GRRRR!

babycat
07-29-2008, 03:40 PM
:blowkiss:

I know many people are grateful for you taking on that task!

You are a dear:)

liltigress
07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
What? I wonder why George reported this incident to LE, if he suspected it might have been another lift by his light-fingered daughter.

Pure speculation but I think he may have reported it, especially assuming it was Casey, because they were very upset with her for not letting them see Caylee and for whatever transpired with the 3 of them over the last month, causing this entire commotion in the first place.

In a parental stance, I can see them completely fed up with her. The lies, the stealing, the partying, all the above set them over the edge and they finally said NO MORE!

This could very well be the guilt they are feeling now, and probably why they feel the need to "forgive" her.

Hailiejade77
07-29-2008, 03:43 PM
I said this earlier and it was right before the hearing. Could Casey have poured the gasoline into the trunk to get rid of DNA or other evidence? Would gasoline ruin evidence?
Also, could she use the gasoline to try to "cover up" the smell of decomposition, but once it dissapated the decomposition smell came back, hence her having to leave the car. I think the break in report about the gasoline is a clue. Why else would they make it public? Maybe the stain in the trunk is in fact gasoline. If that is the case, hopefully they have OTHER evidence to get this woman!!!!!!!!!! She makes me wanna puke! JMO

babycat
07-29-2008, 03:47 PM
I said this earlier and it was right before the hearing. Could Casey have poured the gasoline into the trunk to get rid of DNA or other evidence? Would gasoline ruin evidence?
Also, could she use the gasoline to try to "cover up" the smell of decomposition, but once it dissapated the decomposition smell came back, hence her having to leave the car. I think the break in report about the gasoline is a clue. Why else would they make it public? Maybe the stain in the trunk is in fact gasoline. If that is the case, hopefully they have OTHER evidence to get this woman!!!!!!!!!! She makes me wanna puke! JMO

I think the car would have smelled of gasoline then, too.

I think she used the gas for transport, personally, but I don't really have anything to back that up. Just my personal feeling...

Maybe she took the body (if that were the case, not saying it is) to Jacksonville, and that's why she said she went there on "vacation", in case a witness spotted her/the car there. Maybe that's why she's also saying she feels Caylee is near home...so her family looks near home.

Who knows.

SeriouslySearching
07-29-2008, 03:48 PM
I have to disagree, MSW. I think she is close, but since she probably is not alive...as Casey claims...she thinks they won't find her. (Casey obviously isn't aware of TES.)

Caylee WILL be found. It is only a matter of time before searches begin in full swing to look for her (the sooner the better!). It would be great if LE would release the triangulation from June 24th - June 27th of Casey's cell phone so the searches can be narrowed down. I honestly don't understand why LE isn't conducting any searches on a large scale by now. Makes absolutely NO sense!

Clearly Confused
07-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Is it just me or is everyone having a horrid time posting today?! Each post is taking several minutes to go through and then says it is a duplicate each time. GRRRR!

Same here! Awful!!!

Patty G
07-29-2008, 03:53 PM
How do the transients in those camps stay warm at night and cook?

It's 80 + degrees here at night. And during the winter months it's still warm enough especially in Orlando area and my area.

Believe it or not, most panhandle during the day and go to McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken etc. Some have little gas burners, some go to shelters for their food.

Koozit
07-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Newbe here. I pray that gasoline was not used. I do beleive that it would not cover it up. Due to the fact at any arson crime I have watched, it does Not cover anything up.

jazzelwood
07-29-2008, 03:55 PM

She's not that smart she is just a thief

FLbeachdawg
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Here is something that has me concerned....

CINDY ANTHONY:
"I don't know. I mean, they had receipts that could have traced my daughter's last actions for the last month. They didn't want them. They didn't even want to go through any of her personal things. It's too late now, guys. I've already put her stuff away. So you know, I let it sit out in her bedroom for the last week-and-a-half, and no one's wanted to comb through any of the stuff that we took from the apartment."

Sooooo YOU go through them, tell volunteers the locations and THAT's what you rally people up to go search and help....IF this is truly the case. I WILL be on board for that search because it's a DEFINITE place to start!

So what do you guys make of this? I got this from a link on the previous thread that is from an interview with Cindy.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,393262,00.html

christine2448
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I had did a shout out for someone to get a search going. There are many places that can be being searched. I hadn't been able to get back in here, site problems...

If just one person would step up, call out a time, place to go, we could just announce and hope people show. Maybe I shouldn't have asked for #'s...I just know there are so many of you here posting, get out there and find her!!! JMO ;)

I saw this thread started since I left....going to look and see what's going on.

The Search for Caylee-Possible Physical Locations (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68151)

liltigress
07-29-2008, 03:57 PM
The gasoline was for either her car or someone else's vehicle, IMO. You've all noticed the gas prices during that time, right? lol...

olive
07-29-2008, 03:58 PM

:blowkiss:

Just read it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

"Annie Downing was to see casey last nite."
Who is Annie Downing??

swa
07-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Unrelated to today's hearing:

I wish LE could get "TonE" to show up at the jail for a visit -- and then break up with her on the spot. Since it seems like he is the only one she cares about, it would devastate her to say the least. This might push her over the edge . . .

Lanie
07-29-2008, 04:02 PM

We all know burning a body doesn't work based on Maria Lauterback and so many others that tried.

Oh, Bradenton... I have/had? family living there.

There was another case where this guy killed his girlfriend and dismembered her, borrowed a grill from a neighbor, and it still took him days to burn the body.

I agree with you, even if it was attempted, I don't think it would have been very successful.

Lanie

LI_Mom
07-29-2008, 04:02 PM
I have to disagree, MSW. I think she is close, but since she probably is not alive...as Casey claims...she thinks they won't find her. (Casey obviously isn't aware of TES.)

Caylee WILL be found. It is only a matter of time before searches begin in full swing to look for her (the sooner the better!). It would be great if LE would release the triangulation from June 24th - June 27th of Casey's cell phone so the searches can be narrowed down. I honestly don't understand why LE isn't conducting any searches on a large scale by now. Makes absolutely NO sense!

I also think Caylee will be found close by (IF she's ever found).

Casey said she FEELS like Caylee is still close... and then went on to tell Lee that her mother would understand the maternal bond.

As far as the gas theft.... is it possible they never really realized she was stealing gas.... was she siphoning it from their vehicles or was it in the shed for the lawn equipment?? If she only took a little a time & didn't leave the source bone dry, they might have just figured they miscalculated how much gas they had left over.

Maybe a question investigators asked them made them remember the times they noticed gas missing.

DianeB
07-29-2008, 04:04 PM
If Casey has a history of stealing gas, and nothing else of value was taken from the shed, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suppose that she was responsible for this most recent theft.

Perhaps the shovel was indeed borrowed from the neighbor in order to break the lock.

About the decomp hits in the back yard - what if it wasn't Caylee's body that was placed there, but something that Casey was carrying that had come into contact with the body, like a purse or a satchel or even a big plastic trash bag?

Would the dogs have hit on something that had picked up the smell (or maybe fluid), but wasn't actually a body?

OneLostGrl
07-29-2008, 04:04 PM
If the chick had a habit of stealing gas why did the parents keep filling the gas cans and putting them in the same place for her to find?! I'm sorry but what idiots!

I wonder if she was only using the gas for her car or if she also had a habit of huffing it.

ebrich
07-29-2008, 04:07 PM
I also think Caylee will be found close by (IF she's ever found).

Casey said she FEELS like Caylee is still close... and then went on to tell Lee that her mother would understand the maternal bond.

As far as the gas theft.... is it possible they never really realized she was stealing gas.... was she siphoning it from their vehicles or was it in the shed for the lawn equipment?? If she only took a little a time & didn't leave the source bone dry, they might have just figured they miscalculated how much gas they had left over.

Maybe a question investigators asked them made them remember the times they noticed gas missing.

this is what I tried to suggest. That she was stealign gas over a period of time, maybe using the key from her mom and pretending to get in there for reasons related to the bamboo.
I think maybe the break in was for other reasons... maybe around that time she broke in, used the shovel and buried caylee. Then later needed to dig her up and move her and had to borrow the neighbors, because she couldn't break in again.

Lanie
07-29-2008, 04:08 PM
What? I wonder why George reported this incident to LE, if he suspected it might have been another lift by his light-fingered daughter.

In my opinion they were. It seems GM had a lot to do with the raising of Caylee, then Casey takes off with her, and at that point there was allegedly no contact for a week, though it seems GM was trying to see Caylee. Casey has a history of stealing gas, the shed is broken into and gas is missing, so I think they assumed it was her and planned to use this episode to 'persuade' Casey to at least bring Caylee back by.

Lanie

babycat

CINDY ANTHONY:
"I don't know. I mean, they had receipts that could have traced my daughter's last actions for the last month. They didn't want them. They didn't even want to go through any of her personal things. It's too late now, guys. I've already put her stuff away. So you know, I let it sit out in her bedroom for the last week-and-a-half, and no one's wanted to comb through any of the stuff that we took from the apartment."

Sooooo YOU go through them, tell volunteers the locations and THAT's what you rally people up to go search and help....IF this is truly the case. I WILL be on board for that search because it's a DEFINITE place to start!

So what do you guys make of this? I got this from a link on the previous thread that is from an interview with Cindy.

I'm sure that LE didn't take those receipts because they already got the records from the credit card company. They're more reliable than Cindy, if you as me...

swa
this is what I tried to suggest. That she was stealign gas over a period of time, maybe using the key from her mom and pretending to get in there for reasons related to the bamboo.
I think maybe the break in was for other reasons... maybe around that time she broke in, used the shovel and buried caylee. Then later needed to dig her up and move her and had to borrow the neighbors, because she couldn't break in again.

Why would she need to steal gas during this time anyway? Didn't she have Cindy's credit card?

Koozit
07-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Casey well IMO keep the lieing going, from what I gather she has done this all of her life.
Now I feel that Cindy is now covering up for her. I fear to know why.

unravel
07-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Seems to me like they wouldn't call and report two cans of gas missing if they suspected it were Casey. What would they get out of it? Or if they DID suspect it was Casey, why not tell the officer?

What they'd have gotten out of it was Caylee. IMO, the 'mini-vaction' and 'bonding' lines are BS. Something happened in that house on/around the 6-15/6-16 that caused Casey to leave with Caylee in tow (IMO: Casey did something, or Cindy found out she'd done something, and tensions that'd been building just came to a head. At that point, Cindy *really* put her foot down, Casey grabbed Caylee and bailed).

The gas theft occurs like a week later, and by that point, I'm sure Cindy's in a tail spin, not having seen Caylee, knowing that Casey's flakier than a fresh baked pastry.

If the gas is stolen, there's a report of theft. IF Casey gets her act together, drops Caylee off or they both come home, maybe it's forgotten, and Cindy (and George?) forgive ... like they've done so many times before. OTOH, it's something that can be used against Casey if they need to. I imagine she wouldn't serve much time, if an, if it was proven and they did press charges, BUT it'd be one of (what I'm assuming are the many) things that could be used against her if, say, Cindy and George filed for custody of the little girl.

I think that, even if Cindy did put her foot down in mid-June she waffled as time went on, and Caylee's absence got to her. Because of that, and given her admitted history [per the 7/3 blog post] of forgiving Casey ... I don't think they would have named her as their suspect. We've seen the lengths that Cindy will go to, to overlook Casey's lies/faults/etc, and I think that not naming her was "Well, let's give her one more chance..." or something.
IMO.

ebrich
07-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Why would she need to steal gas during this time anyway? Didn't she have Cindy's credit card?

I am not sure when she was using the credit card... was that only the past few months?
I am saying, when she was pretending to work over the last 6 months (maybe??), but had no income, she may have stole the gas so she could get places w/ out the family wondering why she didnt have any gas money.

Blink34
07-29-2008, 04:14 PM

I think that one puts you in our smarta** bonus round fo sure-
LOL

LI_Mom
If the chick had a habit of stealing gas why did the parents keep filling the gas cans and putting them in the same place for her to find?! I'm sorry but what idiots!

I wonder if she was only using the gas for her car or if she also had a habit of huffing it.

If they kept it in a locked shed, why are they idiots?

They have 2 choices.... kick her out for good so she CAN'T steal anything they own & or lock up their valuables.

CarrieSis
About the decomp hits in the back yard - what if it wasn't Caylee's body that was placed there, but something that Casey was carrying that had come into contact with the body, like a purse or a satchel or even a big plastic trash bag?

Or if 2 people removed their clothes after contact with the body? And the clothes then sat upon the ground? It may be hard to burn a body, but it's easier to burn clothing.

DianeB
07-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Unrelated to today's hearing:

I wish LE could get "TonE" to show up at the jail for a visit -- and then break up with her on the spot. Since it seems like he is the only one she cares about, it would devastate her to say the least. This might push her over the edge . . .Looks like Tony is staying far, far away, maybe with Casey's blessing. I think she was way more interested in him than he was in her, so she might be likely to give him a pass on something that would normally seem a little weird, like not visiting a girlfriend who's stuck in jail.

Maybe he's already moved on to another club chick.

Elley Mae
07-29-2008, 04:16 PM
I find it strange that the two latest flames in Casey's life have not at this point went to visit.

nursebeeme
07-29-2008, 04:17 PM
I am working on the daily recap. please bear with me do you need some help? Also, sorry if anyone has already posted this video of gma on the mike and juliet show
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=7088545&version=1&locale=EN-US she is really in top form... I took notes on it and will add it to the daily update

babycat
07-29-2008, 04:17 PM
If Casey has a history of stealing gas, and nothing else of value was taken from the shed, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suppose that she was responsible for this most recent theft.

Perhaps the shovel was indeed borrowed from the neighbor in order to break the lock.

Would the dogs have hit on something that had picked up the smell (or maybe fluid), but wasn't actually a body?

Wow, good thought...I wonder...

FLbeachdawg
07-29-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm sure that LE didn't take those receipts because they already got the records from the credit card company. They're more reliable than Cindy, if you as me...

I'm wondering if she was simply taking out cash withdrawals on those credit cards tho...and SAME idea with Amy's check book, she could have just made the check out to CASH and had it cashed at the bank...then there's no actual money trial.... and not actually making physical purchases. I mean it would only make sense unless she is really that stupid in knowing it would be traced and tracked. I dunno...just speculating.

nursebeeme
07-29-2008, 04:18 PM
True, but she was a pregnant woman not a tiny child. However, you raise a good point about the burn ban there. (How do the transients in those camps stay warm at night and cook? I can't see them following the law in that respect.)

So looking in the Econ and for a burial site would be the way to go to search. yes...I also wondered with the ban that would include campfires in a ring at campgrounds?? Hi SS!:blowkiss:

swa
07-29-2008, 04:19 PM
What they'd have gotten out of it was Caylee. IMO, the 'mini-vaction' and 'bonding' lines are BS. Something happened in that house on/around the 6-15/6-16 that caused Casey to leave with Caylee in tow (IMO: Casey did something, or Cindy found out she'd done something, and tensions that'd been building just came to a head. At that point, Cindy *really* put her foot down, Casey grabbed Caylee and bailed).

The gas theft occurs like a week later, and by that point, I'm sure Cindy's in a tail spin, not having seen Caylee, knowing that Casey's flakier than a fresh baked pastry.

If the gas is stolen, there's a report of theft. IF Casey gets her act together, drops Caylee off or they both come home, maybe it's forgotten, and Cindy (and George?) forgive ... like they've done so many times before. OTOH, it's something that can be used against Casey if they need to. I imagine she wouldn't serve much time, if an, if it was proven and they did press charges, BUT it'd be one of (what I'm assuming are the many) things that could be used against her if, say, Cindy and George filed for custody of the little girl.

I think that, even if Cindy did put her foot down in mid-June she waffled as time went on, and Caylee's absence got to her. Because of that, and given her admitted history [per the 7/3 blog post] of forgiving Casey ... I don't think they would have named her as their suspect. We've seen the lengths that Cindy will go to, to overlook Casey's lies/faults/etc, and I think that not naming her was "Well, let's give her one more chance..." or something.
IMO.

The 7/3 blog post is extremely important in my opinion. In that post we basically learn that Cinday has really been the one who has raised Caylee. Cindy may say what a great mom Casey was now -- but Cindy herself in that post laid out the facts.

The synopsis of that post was, "We have raised this child for the past three years, and we are extremely concerned who is taking care of her now -- because Casey never did."

CarrieSis
07-29-2008, 04:21 PM
That is something that has been bothering me, about the hit in the playhouse.

Even for a smaller built person, like Casey - it'd be very hard to carry a 3 year old's body into that small plastic playhouse. We have a similar one, and my 8yr old and almost3yrold can't make it through the door together.

You certainly couldn't dig anything while crouched inside, or not very well - a full size shovel would be hitting the walls and ceiling and be awkward to wield. A garden spade would be more likely but totally inefficient.

So..if there was a grave dug, I would think the house would have to be moved first, then pushed or set back over the grave.

On the video with LE and the search in the backyard, it took something like 4 people to move that house because of the size/awkwardness of the weight. Could Casey really move it alone? Wouldn't there be drag marks or grass that was mashed down from it? (Asking, not guessing - not sure what would be present).

nursebeeme
07-29-2008, 04:22 PM

Caylee WILL be found. It is only a matter of time before searches begin in full swing to look for her (the sooner the better!). It would be great if LE would release the triangulation from June 24th - June 27th of Casey's cell phone so the searches can be narrowed down. I honestly don't understand why LE isn't conducting any searches on a large scale by now. Makes absolutely NO sense! I bigged it. I also wonder this too, SS! Does anyone know or have any idea why they would not be looking for this little girl en mass? I mean, if she is dead or she is alive...she still has to be found!:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Leila
07-29-2008, 04:23 PM

Ladybass..............Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your updates are appreciated! :blowkiss:

Late last night we lost our cable service - Internet and television. It was restored this morning and not too long after I got online and was reading the last thread............we had an earthquake! I'm fine here, but have been offline checking on relatives.

ShouldBWorking
07-29-2008, 04:23 PM

I wonder if she was smart enough (I don't think she's stupid) to know if she took a road trip with Caylee whether she was alive or dead and she stopped for gas their would possibly be cameras....remember the astronaut that drove from Texas to FL and wore diapers so she didn't have to go to the bathroom but the cameras caught her paying for gas...maybe Casey did this to avoid being seen God knows where getting gas

babycat
07-29-2008, 04:24 PM

IMO.

I understand and totally agree, I guess my thought was just that...if they were setting it up to use that in the future against her, why wouldn't they tell the officer that they suspected their daughter, as she had a history of it? Otherwise they wouldn't be able to use it right? Because they couldn't prove it was her.

I think that's where I'm confused...if they were going to not mention her in the report, to give her a "second chance" I don't see why they reported it at all...that's why I'm lost.

I was looking at it like maybe her parents put two and two together and realized recently that Casey might have stolen the gas for something having to do with Caylee, then backtracked and tried to say "Well, yeah, but she stole gas all the time..."

But then, it's not hard to believe that Casey would have a history of stealing anything :rolleyes:

DTFulmer
Sorry this is way past the hearing, but did anyone else find it outrageous that Jose thinks LE would release a call that might actually contain evidence for where Caylee was and that person would be able to flee with her before they could get them? Seriously, do we honestly believe that Casey, while in jail, is following Caylee's every move with "whoever" has her and she could just come up with a location? Let's be real. I'm thinking she's sociopathic, not PSYCHIC! Glad the judge ruled the way he did. I do believe that family will eventually give LE the evidence they need through these calls.

Great sleuthing all!

Blink34
True, but she was a pregnant woman not a tiny child. However, you raise a good point about the burn ban there. (How do the transients in those camps stay warm at night and cook? I can't see them following the law in that respect.)

So looking in the Econ and for a burial site would be the way to go to search.

what about fires on the beach?

unravel

Cindy says she knows where Casey was because she has two weeks of credit card receipts. Not three, not four, but two. IMO, If Cindy had to call Amy to ask where Casey was, it's safe to assume Cindy didn't know where Casey was on/around July 15th. 2 weeks of receipts (Exactly? Or going back a little further? I don't know).

IIRC, the latest the gas could have disappeared was 6/24 @ 10PM. IMO, if Casey stole the gas, she could have stolen a/the credit card/s at that time. The gas would have been "insurance" (maybe she didn't know the CCs PINs and didn't know if she'd need them to buy gas, maybe she was worried the cards would be cut off quickly either by her parents, or the bank), or maybe the card/s were stolen with the mindset they'd be a "last resort". If that mindset did exist, it didn't last too long, but it could have been there. IMO.

ShinaLite
07-29-2008, 04:26 PM
do you need some help? Also, sorry if anyone has already posted this video of gma on the mike and juliet show
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=7088545&version=1&locale=EN-US she is really in top form... I took notes on it and will add it to the daily update

thanks nurse, I hadn't seen this yet...
Interesting that Casey left her purse in the abandoned car...
GM is now saying she doesn't think Casey was the last to drive that car...

OneLostGrl
07-29-2008, 04:26 PM

They have 2 choices.... kick her out for good so she CAN'T steal anything they own & or lock up their valuables.

Umm because it was a habit, as in.. this was not the first time.. as in they should have caught on by then that if it was there she would take it.

swanniee11
07-29-2008, 04:27 PM
[quote=LI_Mom;2429316]I also think Caylee will be found close by (IF she's ever found).

Dont ya just love this statement, MATERNAL BOND. See, mine would say "don't wait 31 days before getting help from LE" Mine would be "tell them what they need to know to get my baby back" I've never heard of felt her kind of Maternal bond. IMO

curiositycat
07-29-2008, 04:28 PM
I heard someone laugh at the time Casey turned and smiled and waved to her parents. I think it was Cindy. It's almost as if Cindy thought it was "cute" that Casey did that. it's even stranger that George said on the stand "Things are really bizarre right now" GOOD GRIEF!! It appears to me that they still don't understand that their behavior in this is not the NORM!!

tamfish
07-29-2008, 04:30 PM
I bigged it. I also wonder this too, SS! Does anyone know or have any idea why they would not be looking for this little girl en mass? I mean, if she is dead or she is alive...she still has to be found!:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

IMO, if LE thought she was alive, they would be out searching en mass, with great urgency.

I figure they believe she is dead, and while a body does need finding, it is with much less urgency and they figure if they can get Casey to confess and lead them to the body, then they have a slam dunk.

Lanie
IMO.

I am trying to give the grandparents the benefit of the doubt.

This is all my opinion, but Casey has a lot of bipolar symptoms. I haven't seen anything to tell how long she has been acting the way she does, but even a few years of trying to deal with someone like this can wear a person down to the bone. It would be constant stress, constant second guessing yourself, and that's enough to make anyone crazy. I think they tried very hard to take care of Caylee and Casey, but it finally got to the point of enough is enough. I also get the feel Cindy has borne the brunt of Casey's behavior for a long time. I do think something happened in June, and it could have been a small thing, just the final straw, and they made the decision to stop enabling her. So Casey leaves, and now here we are a little over a month later. I truly believe Cindy especially is blaming herself for what happened to Caylee, and the guilt is pushing her over the edge.
My opinion, I think on some level they believe no matter what happens to Casey, Caylee is gone for good, and Casey is still their daughter, and they still love her, and from their standpoint, right or wrong, they are trying to save her, maybe for them to feel they have salvaged something out of this mess. ??
Lanie

Smugshots

What about the money she stole from her friend too! I think she was living like she loaded showing off in front of her friends, when she's really a loser with no job, who lies and steals from her friends and family. How pathetic!

bug050608
07-29-2008, 04:31 PM
seems to me they're more concerned on the answers that casey is NOT giving, and not so much on finding her by searching.. what they should have been doing from DAY ONE.. imo

I bigged it. I also wonder this too, SS! Does anyone know or have any idea why they would not be looking for this little girl en mass? I mean, if she is dead or she is alive...she still has to be found!:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

nursebeeme
07-29-2008, 04:31 PM
The gasoline was for either her car or someone else's vehicle, IMO. You've all noticed the gas prices during that time, right? lol...I lieu of the timeframe the gas was stolen...june 24 (which falls into our time line of 24-27 June) how far could fifty dollars of gas get you round trip in the kind of car that she drove. Her car was on empty...she used the gas to drive somewhere, dump the body, drive back and the car was out of gas and she dumps it at amscott and calls her bf to come and get her.

Also, per that video I posted above http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=7088545&version=1&locale=EN-US gma states that her purse was in the car when they picked it up.

gma also stated the following inconsistencies in that video: that she (gma) thinks that casey did not know where the car was (um has she even read the afadavit or any of the info on that lol), that she might not have been the last person to drive the car (planing the thought there that someone took her car and dumped it at the amscott...puuullllleeeaasseee!)

babycat
07-29-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm wondering if she was simply taking out cash withdrawals on those credit cards tho...and SAME idea with Amy's check book, she could have just made the check out to CASH and had it cashed at the bank...then there's no actual money trial.... and not actually making physical purchases. I mean it would only make sense unless she is really that stupid in knowing it would be traced and tracked. I dunno...just speculating.

Yes, that seems like what she would probably do...I'm glad you brought that up. I don't have to have my id to take out a cash advance on my credit cards, so I'm guessing she did this with Cindy's...(not that the stores check anymore, anyway :rolleyes:)

I'm wondering if Cindy was flagged at the amount, then flagged the card, and this is what prompted Casey to steal from Amy, and steal the gas...who knows.

But good point about the cash advance/receipts, that's a whole 'nother avenue...

Blink34
07-29-2008, 04:32 PM

I'm sticking with the gas was stolen eve 6/23 am or 6/24 pre 10am, and borrowedshovel from neighbor when came back on 6/27 to move her..

Burned evidence with the gas after burying her in the yard, then decided to move her (personally I think she was helped) on 6/27 after confessing to somebody that knew that she would be found almost immediately there.

ShouldBWorking
07-29-2008, 04:33 PM
I heard someone laugh at the time Casey turned and smiled and waved to her parents. I think it was Cindy. It's almost as if Cindy thought it was "cute" that Casey did that. it's even stranger that George said on the stand "Things are really bizarre right now" GOOD GRIEF!! It appears to me that they still don't understand that their behavior in this is not the NORM!!

things have been bizarre in this family for a long time they are just letting the whole world know how bizarre they are

curiositycat
Ladybass..............Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your updates are appreciated! :blowkiss:

Late last night we lost our cable service - Internet and television. It was restored this morning and not too long after I got online and was reading the last thread............we had an earthquake! I'm fine here, but have been offline checking on relatives.
Glad you are all okay!! Stay safe through the aftershocks!:)

MomOfECS
I was just wondering if this has already been discussed, Has anyone come up with a reason for her leaving her purse in the car?

ebrich
07-29-2008, 04:34 PM
also, I noticed there is a toll bridge between orlando and the northern city the friend was staying at (cant remember the name) I am sure they have video of her paying the toll, if she did.

Mygirlsadie
GM is saying that? For real? You guys as sick as this may sound... it just don't get any better then this folks! (IMO)

Blue_Dolphin308
Daily recap has been completed you can view it here. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2429225#post2429225) Please PM me rather then add to the post, to prevent multiple posts for that thread. If you think something should be added and I will add it when I can. TIA

*****I need to head out for a bit, will catch up on posts, and adding new info when I get back....

curiositycat
07-29-2008, 04:36 PM
I DO NOT think that she stole the gas for transportation needs. She had cashed a check she stole from Amy, I believe. She had been using her mom's credit cards, why would she steal gas for the car? IF she wanted to us the gas for OTHER purposes I believe she would steal gas before she would buy it, for many, many reasons.

DTFulmer
07-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Didn't Tony pick Caylee up where the car was abandoned? How does the mom think she got there?

LI_Mom
07-29-2008, 04:37 PM
From previous thread.... BabyCat:

Well, technically they aren't private at all...the Sunshine law says that all conversations are taped, and public information, etc. So it's not like he's taking away any special privilege that the other prisoners get, or anything. Plus, she can still speak privately with her attorney. And she can still tell her family she loves them, etc. It's not like they took her visits away. She put herself in this position.

BUT, I do see what you're saying, and I really, really thought that he would go with the order, and I'm shocked. I don't know that it's fair to Casey, but I certainly think it's fair to Caylee.

And I'm not gonna lie...I'm looking forward to hearing the tapes. I want to know what's going on. Maybe that's wrong of me but...I do want to know what happened. I think we all do.

I understand that under Fla law, they're not considered private... I guess what I'm saying is I think the law is 'bad.'

Of course, in THIS case.... it might be used by LE to find poor Caylee & I don't really have a problem with LE monitoring inmate calls BUT I DO have a PROBLEM with LE being allowed to make 'private' calls PUBLIC when the person has not been convicted of ANY crime.

That said.... it's not as if I'M refusing to listen to these private conversations on principle.... I'm just as caught up in this wacky 'soap opera' as anyone else is. :crazy:

Winnts
do you need some help? Also, sorry if anyone has already posted this video of gma on the mike and juliet show

I should have not watched that video, because now I am enraged.
I'm usually the first one to agree with the media being out of hand but in this case all they are trying to do is get the facts straight. For Cindy Anthony to state that the media will be responsible if casey is not found takes brass ones. Unbelievable. I've flipped flopped back & forth with the GM's motives but after watching that, that family has nerve.

Elley Mae
Nursebeeme Cindy said women don't leave there purses behind, she is insinuating that someone else was driving the car,that it couldn't have been Casey. OMG

ebrich
I was just wondering if this has already been discussed, Has anyone come up with a reason for her leaving her purse in the car?

Maybe she was planning on going into hiding or pretending she was kidnapped too?
I hate how Cindy says "why would a woman leave her purse" (or along those lines)... uh, why would MOTHER lose her child and have no problem going out to parties with friends and not tell cops for 30+ days?????????

whiteangora

I urge everyone to go and watch this.
Cindy is treading in deep water blaming everything on the media.

athy
07-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Sorry this is way past the hearing, but did anyone else find it outrageous that Jose thinks LE would release a call that might actually contain evidence for where Caylee was and that person would be able to flee with her before they could get them? Seriously, do we honestly believe that Casey, while in jail, is following Caylee's every move with "whoever" has her and she could just come up with a location? Let's be real. I'm thinking she's sociopathic, not PSYCHIC! Glad the judge ruled the way he did. I do believe that family will eventually give LE the evidence they need through these calls.

Great sleuthing all!

what i find outrageous is he and Cindy both seem to think LE should be out of any searches that only THEY should be searching and recieving any info. i find it outrageous that THEY think all info should be given to THEM and they will decide what is important and what to give to LE.

Mygirlsadie
07-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Yes he did so why Cindy is now saying that just baffles me even more but I guess the lady is just trying to make anything up at this point that sounds good to her so she don't have to face reality. (IMO)

Didn't Tony pick Caylee up where the car was abandoned? How does the mom think she got there?

DTFulmer
07-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Perhaps she has more than one purse? I don't, but just about everyone else I know has multiple purses. LOL

Nedthan Johns
07-29-2008, 04:40 PM
I found this at Fox News:

Cindy also expressed her displeasure with investigators on the case. "Every time they call, they ask to speak to my husband or Casey's brother. They're treating me like a child. I'm not a child."

I think Cindy should not be commenting any further. LE is Smart for keeping her out of it. This lady is strange

Cakegirl
I think the car would have smelled of gasoline then, too.

One time I accidentally spilled a little gasoline in my car seat when I was trying to transport gas in a gas container to put in my lawnmower. Yeah, I know, dumb idea to put the gas container in my seat -- I know that now! :doh:

Anyways, it wasn't a lot of gas that spilled... but it smelled soooo bad! I mean, make you throw up or get high from the fumes bad. It took a longgggg time to get that smell out. My mustang probably was comparable to the size of Caseys pontiac car.

So if Casey meant to spill gas in her trunk -- I would only imagine that it would have been totally RANK in there when her parents drove it home from the tow-in lot.

Winnts
Maybe she was planning on going into hiding or pretending she was kidnapped too?
I hate how Cindy says "why would a woman leave her purse" (or along those lines)... uh, why would MOTHER lose her child???????

Cindy is also stating now that Casey was giving her clues the entire month. Clues???? WTF, does this family realize how absolutely ridiculous they sound to the general public.

unravel
07-29-2008, 04:42 PM
I understand and totally agree, I guess my thought was just that...if they were setting it up to use that in the future against her, why wouldn't they tell the officer that they suspected their daughter, as she had a history of it? Otherwise they wouldn't be able to use it right? Because they couldn't prove it was her.

I'm not well versed on the ins and outs of family court, but have a fairly low opinion of that system based on my experiences as a teen. I think the burden of proof is lesser there than it would be in other courts. Granted, my experience had nothing to do with custody, and wasn't in the state of FL, and I am essentially talking right out of my bleeeeeeeeeep, but... I think it could have been thrown in there.

And since an incident report had been filed, I'm sure they could have followed up on it, gone back to the station and mentioned they suspected Casey.

curiositycat
Perhaps she has more than one purse? I don't, but just about everyone else I know has multiple purses. LOL I'm with you, I have one but with the money she was going through she probably had several.
Does anyone know if that interview was before or after the court appearance? I am not able to watch it currently because of the slow service from my ISP

Blink34

I believe she was planning on concocting a story she was carjacked and Caylee kidnapped originally. I think it fell through because she may not have known about cameras there or somewhere else OR she simply realized in that scenario she would have to be sober and one hell of an actress and was not up to it, imo.

Elley Mae
07-29-2008, 04:43 PM
This woman (broad) needs to shut up. She is making so angry,and goes on about how she is getting all these supportive phone calls and that the media is spinning everything,we are only seeing snipets that make Casey look bad,the public is not seeing the whole story.

FLbeachdawg
also, I noticed there is a toll bridge between orlando and the northern city the friend was staying at (cant remember the name) I am sure they have video of her paying the toll, if she did.

And actually there are tolls ALL over Orlando, so speaking of that, another way they could track her is if she has an EPASS or SUNPASS (it's a pass that charges your bank account or credit card so you don't have to stop and pay cash at a toll. They keep it on a transcript...for instance it would say TOLL on DEAN RD EXIT: Charge $.50 at 06.04am on June 15, 2008.), those records would show when and what time she drove through which tolls. They are VERY specific (and her epass/sunpass would have all those records up through the whole year) You can track your entire commute that way. Most people in Orlando have a pass because it's a pain in the butt to have to pay for EACH and EVERY toll here...there are TONS!

bug050608
Maybe she used 2 different purses to carry her 2 different cell phones?????

Perhaps she has more than one purse? I don't, but just about everyone else I know has multiple purses. LOL

nursebeeme
07-29-2008, 04:44 PM
I wonder if she was smart enough (I don't think she's stupid) to know if she took a road trip with Caylee whether she was alive or dead and she stopped for gas their would possibly be cameras....remember the astronaut that drove from Texas to FL and wore diapers so she didn't have to go to the bathroom but the cameras caught her paying for gas...maybe Casey did this to avoid being seen God knows where getting gas now THAT is some damm good thinking, SBW! That completely makes sense and also fits in the timeline of 24-27 June imhoo. Now...how far can fifty dollars of gas get that white car round trip (and it was empty when she dumped it at amscott).

DTFulmer
07-29-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm with you, I have one but with the money she was going through she probably had several.
Does anyone know if that interview was before or after the court appearance? I am not able to watch it currently because of the slow service from my ISP
It's a morning show, so I believe it's before the hearing.

ebrich
07-29-2008, 04:45 PM

Maybe she had one for each of her personalities ;)

LI_Mom
07-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Umm because it was a habit, as in.. this was not the first time.. as in they should have caught on by then that if it was there she would take it.

Yes, I understand that but do people stop buying things or having any possessions if the person living with them steals?

The Anthony family tries to work AROUND Casey's bad habits... they find she stole gas, they locked it up. It might not have prevented Casey from stealing again but they DID address the problem.

So what does Casey do next.... she takes the one thing SHE 'owns' outright..... Caylee.

DTFulmer
07-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Maybe she had one for each of her personalities ;)
If that's the case, I think she's got a dozen! LOL

curiositycat
07-29-2008, 04:47 PM
I found this at Fox News:

Cindy also expressed her displeasure with investigators on the case. "Every time they call, they ask to speak to my husband or Casey's brother. They're treating me like a child. I'm not a child."

I think Cindy should not be commenting any further. LE is Smart for keeping her out of it. This lady is strange
Yes, she is strange but so is the dad, IMHO. He is a wimp that only repeats what his wife says. He lost me completely TODAY when he said they wanted to make Casey "smile". How can he think anyone has sympathy for a woman who didn't report her child missing for 30 days and now is lying to law enforcement. I hope that LE has something soon, because this thing is a three ring circus!

murdershewrote
doesn't she know Susan Smith already tried that carjack scenario. didn't work for her either.

Anybody know where the $45k worth of goods she bought is right now?

Cakegirl

Hmmm... I wonder if maybe this was what caused the blow up around Father's Day that made Casey leave with Caylee. Maybe Cindy cut her off from the credit cards and told her to grow up and start taking care of Caylee herself (instead of relying on them so much for everything).

Refresh my memory someone -- did Cindy state exactly what time-frame she had these cc receipts from?

unravel
07-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Cindy is also stating now that Casey was giving her clues the entire month. Clues???? WTF, does this family realize how absolutely ridiculous they sound to the general public.

Cindy sure doesn't. She thinks we're all big mean poopyheads because we're suspicious of her daughter. On some level, I can't really blame her -- it's either remain oblivious, or face the truth, and given the weight of the likely truth... well, no, I can't blame her. OTOH, if she insists on chasing unicorns, I wish she'd do it in a pasture out of public eye.

Smugshots
07-29-2008, 04:48 PM
I lieu of the timeframe the gas was stolen...june 24 (which falls into our time line of 24-27 June) how far could fifty dollars of gas get you round trip in the kind of car that she drove. Her car was on empty...she used the gas to drive somewhere, dump the body, drive back and the car was out of gas and she dumps it at amscott and calls her bf to come and get her.

Also, per that video I posted above http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=7088545&version=1&locale=EN-US gma states that her purse was in the car when they picked it up.

gma also stated the following inconsistencies in that video: that she (gma) thinks that casey did not know where the car was (um has she even read the afadavit or any of the info on that lol), that she might not have been the last person to drive the car (planing the thought there that someone took her car and dumped it at the amscott...puuullllleeeaasseee!)

Let me get this straight, Cindy now believes someone else drove that car, but they left Casey's purse in it and abandoned it in front of a check cashing place?

Who else would be driving that car that needs to go to the check cashing place, (to cash some stolen checks!)?

I wonder if she wrote the stolen checks from Amy out to herself using her real name, or if she has a fake ID with a different name that she wrote the checks to and cashed them with the fake ID. It didn't seem hard for her friend Amy to figure out Casey stole her checks, so maybe she did write them to herself.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I try to keep up, honest I do!

Leila
07-29-2008, 04:49 PM

I do think Casey is responsible for the gas theft, as she probably knew there was gas stored in the shed. The break-in of the shed and the gas theft may not have anything to do with Caylee being missing.

Yes, I think anything that may have come in contact with a deceased body could leave a scent for the cadaver dogs to pick up on. On NG the cadaver dog handler used a sheet that had covered a cadaver, and that sheet was rolled up into a plastic container. The container was hidden and the dog found it.

babycat
I DO NOT think that she stole the gas for transportation needs. She had cashed a check she stole from Amy, I believe. She had been using her mom's credit cards, why would she steal gas for the car? IF she wanted to us the gas for OTHER purposes I believe she would steal gas before she would buy it, for many, many reasons.

Maybe that's why she stole the gas, because Cindy had cut the credit cards off by that point, and that's why Cindy had only two weeks of receipts? Maybe it was inbetween the time she stole from Amy and the credit cards were cut off?

I don't really know, of course...just one theory...

whiteangora

Clues, yea.
In that one 911 tape Cindy says "My daughter has been missing for a month, and I just found her".
If Cindy talked to Casey everyday like she now claims, how could Casey be considered missing for a month?
Shut up Cindy.....you make less sense than your daughter.:furious:

DTFulmer
07-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Hmmm... I wonder if maybe this was what caused the blow up around Father's Day that made Casey leave with Caylee. Maybe Cindy cut her off from the credit cards and told her to grow up and start taking care of Caylee herself (instead of relying on them so much for everything).

Refresh my memory someone -- did Cindy state exactly what time-frame she had these cc receipts from?
Could it be that the credit cards might also have been stolen in the same timeframe as the gas? That would account for two weeks of receipts...

curiositycat
07-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Cindy would get further with me if she showed the emotions that most Grandmother's would have. I wouldn't be going on TV to mock LE! If I did it would be in tears. If my grandchildren had not been seen or heard of in that length of time I would probably be to broken hearted to talk at all. CAN YOU IMAGINE???? There is something here that makes me think Casey knows, her mom knows something and dad and Lee are both being taken for a ride by these women.

LI_Mom
07-29-2008, 04:53 PM

LOL!!!

So I guess Cindy took Casey's advice & is working hard to remember all the things that Casey told her so she can solve this mystery?

What next... Cindy will suddenly discover an old photo & claim it's Zanny?

thisbliss
07-29-2008, 04:55 PM

I am guessing she just made the checks out to herself and cashed them at Amy's bank. I don't see there being any other way she could cash a personal check with Amy's info on it.

nursebeeme
Nursebeeme Cindy said women don't leave there purses behind, she is insinuating that someone else was driving the car,that it couldn't have been Casey. OMG
Elley, gma is planting stuff out in the general public on purpose, imhoo. My favorite gma qote in that was when she stated that if Caylee was not found by her third birthday it was all the media's fault. Gma makes me feel like this: :furious::banghead::argue::steamed::other_beatingA _Dead:rage::puke::burn::burn::burn::devil::devil:: devil:

unravel

To my knowledge, no exact dates, but she says she knows where Casey was while she was gone b/c she (Cindy) has two weeks of credit card receipts. So she had the cards at some point after leaving the house.

Elley Mae
07-29-2008, 04:56 PM
She just keeps digging deeper and deeper,like mother like daughter both of these women are just pathetic liers, she will go to any extreme to convince her self that Casey is Innocent.

mom_of_five
07-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Sadly enough, I understand why no one is helping in a search for Caylee. After seeing this dysfunctional family, everyone probably feels Caylee is better off wherever she is (other than the horrible deceased option, of course).

babycat
07-29-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm not well versed on the ins and outs of family court, but have a fairly low opinion of that system based on my experiences as a teen. I think the burden of proof is lesser there than it would be in other courts. Granted, my experience had nothing to do with custody, and wasn't in the state of FL, and I am essentially talking right out of my bleeeeeeeeeep, but... I think it could have been thrown in there.

And since an incident report had been filed, I'm sure they could have followed up on it, gone back to the station and mentioned they suspected Casey.

That's true, also I think you can file an addendum to any report, if I'm not mistaken...so I can see that happening, I guess

babycat
07-29-2008, 04:59 PM

*snicker*

mom_of_five
Does anyone else think Caylee was named using a mixture of Casey and Lee's names? Just a random thought...

Winnts
Ok let's see, some 'classic Cindyisms' below:

1. Dead bodies and 19 day old pizza smell the same.
2. Casey has been trying to give Cindy clues the 30 days Caylee was missing.
3. The cadaver dog was inconsistent that's why they had to bring in another.
4. The media is misinterpreting those recordings being released.
5. Casey has lied in the past but she always then tells the truth.
6. Casey is responsible mother.
7. Casey is afraid for her safety and her family's that's why she can't tell where Casey is.
8. The media will be responsible if Caylee is not found.
9. Casey in the best way that she can is telling as much information as she can.
10. That is not Casey on the 911 tapes saying give me another day.

Would anyone like to add?

Smugshots
07-29-2008, 05:00 PM
I am guessing she just made the checks out to herself and cashed them at Amy's bank. I don't see there being any other way she could cash a personal check with Amy's info on it.

I don't think she cashed them at the bank, I think she went to one of the check cashing places, like the one where her car was found.

She could have stolen checks from Cindy too, a lot of credit card company's provide checks attached to the credit card account for people that want to transfer balances.

ebrich
07-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Sadly enough, I understand why no one is helping in a search for Caylee. After seeing this dysfunctional family, everyone probably feels Caylee is better off wherever she is (other than the horrible deceased option, of course).

hey.. I tried to PM you back... to say that was fine:) and it wont let me:(

nursebeeme
07-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Could it be that the credit cards might also have been stolen in the same timeframe as the gas? That would account for two weeks of receipts... thought on the credit cards....you know those little check thingys they put in with the statements....she could have lifted those and writen them out to herself and cashed them.. just a thought..

Nedthan Johns
Gwen Jackson is a LEAGL Analyst. I think Gwen needs to go back to college, she states
“ You can’t charge anybody with murder when there was no body”. WHAT THE HELL???!!

I can name 100 cases where criminals were charged with murder without a body.

David Westerfield first and foremost.

Okay the point that everyone is missing here. Cindy says in the 911 call that her daughter was missing for 30 days. That means Casey. Yet in this interview she said she spoke with her or texted her every day. HUGE discrepancy there. And YES Cindy I have found pizza and other food left in my vehicle for 20-30 days. I have children. And NO it doesn’t smell like a dead body, it doesn’t smell at all, because by that time it’s turned stall and is hard as a rock.

bug050608
i think we should start our own damn search party for her...... seems to me we got more leads on where she MIGHT be than they do.. and if they do they obviously arent using that to their advantage in finding her!!!!

Elley Mae
I wonder if Cindy may have one of Casey's phone's,I am still wondering about Lee having Tony's number in his phone. I can't imagine when he would have had time to do that the night of the arrest,seems like Casey had given it to him before that night. Maybe Casey called him from Tony's phone after she lost hers.

ElizaAvalon
07-29-2008, 05:03 PM

I agree.

There was definitely "drama" 9 days before 6/24, when Casey posted it on facebook about not being in "the house" for 9 days due to "drama".

I keep going back to it but I do think there are a lot of clues in Cindy's myspace post on 7/3, which I think tells a lot about what happened right before Casey left home on 6/15 or 6/16. I think the blowup over the stolen credit card was the reason for Casey to leave.

A mother’s love is deep, however there are limits when one is betrayed by the one she loved and trusted the most. A daughter comes to her mother for support when she is pregnant, the mother says without hesitation it will be ok. And it was. But then the lies and betrayal began. First it seemed harmless, ah, love is blind. A mother will look for the good in her child and give them a chance to change. This mother gave chance after chance for her daughter to change, but instead more lies more betrayal. What does the mother get for giving her daughter all of these chances? A broken heart. The daughter who stole money, lots of money, leaves without warning

Salem
07-29-2008, 05:04 PM
I am posting one of the rules from the TOS here, as a reminder of what websleuths is about. My intent is not to offend or accuse anyone of anything, but just to gently remind everyone of the TOS. This is rule no. 11:

"11. Please note that Websleuths is a victim friendly forum therefore we do not permit name calling of victims. Please tread carefully in this area. Discussion of victims and families is permitted but name calling and foundless accusations will not be allowed."

The bolding is mine and I am respectfully requesting that we all (me included) remember that the Anthony family are victims. They are victims of Casey's lies and her betrayal.

To me, watching the court hearing today, I could clearly see the pain in the faces of Casey's parents. They are doing the best they can in a nightmarish situation, trying to work with a daughter that obviously has some pretty big mental issues.

Regardless of whether we like them or agree with their methods, we should not attack them. They know (and I do believe they know) that Caylee is gone and like most parents/grandparents I'm sure they are desparate to bring her home. They know their daughter played a role in Caylee's disappearance and it appears to me they are heartsick over it.

We have had a few posters in this thread talk about the issues they have personally had to deal with because of a family member that has some of the same types of issues that afflict Casey. They freely admit it has not been easy for them or their family member.

So I guess, in my very long winded way, I'm asking everyone to feel free to attack actions, but not the people.

Thanks for reading.....

Salem

Leila
I'm sticking with the gas was stolen eve 6/23 am or 6/24 pre 10am, and borrowedshovel from neighbor when came back on 6/27 to move her..

Burned evidence with the gas after burying her in the yard, then decided to move her (personally I think she was helped) on 6/27 after confessing to somebody that knew that she would be found almost immediately there.

Blink...............I tend to agree. I'm thinking the break-in of the shed/stealing gas, and asking the neighbor to borrow a shovel, are two separate incidences.

I've wondered about help too, and wonder which one of her friends would help. If she DID have help, the friend might confess before Casey does.

Nedthan Johns
Winnts:

I think this defense lawyer needs to shut Cindy the hell up otherwise he is going to have an even tougher battle on his hands. He needed to slap that GAG order on Cindy, not the media.

athy
07-29-2008, 05:05 PM

7. Casey is afraid for her safety and her family's that's why she can't tell where Casey is.
9. Casey in the best way that she can is telling as much information as she can.

Casey's friend, tony or jesse don't remember which...picked her up there after telling them her car broke down. but according to Cindy, Casey didn't know where the car was and may not have been the last one to drive it.

mom_of_five
Hm. I changed my PM options so that shouldn't have been a problem. Any suggestions? I'm still learning the system...which I'm really impressed with, by the way :).

Elley Mae
When did Lee get Tony's number to have it in his phone that Casey knew about,I guess that she had to use tONY'S PHONE AFTER SHE LOST HERS.

jep0216
07-29-2008, 05:06 PM

Any one who hasn't watched this REALLY has to! Cindy says "The media is going to be responsible if Caylee is not found" HAHAHA! Are you kidding me? It is not the media who did this...Cindy doesn't feel the media is reporting correctly. She also says there is no evidence to show the police are even searching for Caylee. As we have all discussed, there is no evidence to show the FAMILY is searching for Caylee either!

RoseRed
07-29-2008, 05:07 PM
I understand that under Fla law, they're not considered private... I guess what I'm saying is I think the law is 'bad.'

Of course, in THIS case.... it might be used by LE to find poor Caylee & I don't really have a problem with LE monitoring inmate calls BUT I DO have a PROBLEM with LE being allowed to make 'private' calls PUBLIC when the person has not been convicted of ANY crime.

That said.... it's not as if I'M refusing to listen to these private conversations on principle.... I'm just as caught up in this wacky 'soap opera' as anyone else is. :crazy:

I have to agree about the private calls being made public. We the public do not need to know about people's private lives. So far if LE have proof or enough information to arrest her for Murder then do it. If not what LE is doing is wrong. JMO

Also they, LE get paid to do a job and that includes searching for this little girl. They have enough information to start searching and that is what they get PAID to do. I feel the LE in this case are just as ignorant as anyone else involved. This LE need to get off their BUTTS and find this little girl. Come on Orange County FL . DO YOUR JOB.

Sorry I am off my rant now but these LE are getting on my nerves they have done NOTHING to find this baby except try and get something over on this family and as far as I'm concerned they need to grow up and do their job. At this point I can't even respect this judge.

ebrich
07-29-2008, 05:09 PM
I wonder if Cindy may have one of Casey's phone's,I am still wondering about Lee having Tony's number in his phone. I can't imagine when he would have had time to do that the night of the arrest,seems like Casey had given it to him before that night. Maybe Casey called him from Tony's phone after she lost hers.

But, Lee and Casey seem to have many mutual friends and casey seems to be friends with Lee's GF, so I think it makes sense that he would have Tony's contact info.

Winnts
Any one who hasn't watched this REALLY has to! Cindy says "The media is going to be responsible if Caylee is not found" HAHAHA! Are you kidding me? It is not the media who did this...Cindy doesn't feel the media is reporting correctly. She also says there is no evidence to show the police are even searching for Caylee. As we have all discussed, there is no evidence to show the FAMILY is searching for Caylee either!

Sadly enough most of what the media has to report is only the 'actual' recordings of Casey and the recorded 911 calls. But somehow they are getting it wrong. Maybe we should all get our ears checked.

Salem
i think we should start our own damn search party for her...... seems to me we got more leads on where she MIGHT be than they do.. and if they do they obviously arent using that to their advantage in finding her!!!!

Please see the thread entitled "The Search for Kaylee"

Salem

athy
07-29-2008, 05:10 PM
while i might agree that the public doesn't need to hear all the visitations and phone calls between the families and friends, i don't agree with what Jose said about all info should be going thru the family. that the FAMILY and Jose would decide what is important and relevant to give LE for the search.

Mygirlsadie
07-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Oh I have tons of respect for this judge. He smells a rat... as for LE we really don't know what they are doing behind the scenes and just because they are not reporting it to john q public don't mean they aren't doing their jobs..

I have to agree about the private calls being made public. We the public do not need to know about people's private lives. So far if LE have proof or enough information to arrest her for Murder then do it. If not what LE is doing is wrong. JMO

Also they, LE get paid to do a job and that includes searching for this little girl. They have enough information to start searching and that is what they get PAID to do. I feel the LE in this case are just as ignorant as anyone else involved. This LE need to get off their BUTTS and find this little girl. Come on Orange County FL . DO YOUR JOB.

Sorry I am off my rant now but these LE are getting on my nerves they have done NOTHING to find this baby except try and get something over on this family and as far as I'm concerned they need to grow up and do their job. At this point I can't even respect this judge.

Koozit
07-29-2008, 05:11 PM

Thank you for the link. Cindy is really making this harder on getting the search going. The LE has enough to contend with, Non truths for Casey and now Cindy. Story seems to change on whim.

miimaa
07-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Casey is a party girl. No job... no source of income... but she is out running around and partying for 30 days? Using mom's car and credit cards, taking gas from home. IMO she doesn't know where Caylee is and does not remember where she left her. I don't believe Cindy spoke to her during those 30 days and when she finally did hear from her no Caylee. Is that why she said "I've given you 30 days"? 30 days to what? Get her act together? Grow up?

If Tony is her boyfriend and the guy that picked her up from the check cashing place why doesn't she know his phone number? Has he been interviewed by LE?

Koozit
07-29-2008, 05:13 PM

Thank you for the link. Cindy is really making this harder on getting the search going. The LE has enough to contend with, Non truths from Casey and now Cindy. Story seems to change on whim. Hince making the investigation THAT MORE CLOUDED.

J-me
07-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Did anyone else notice Casey's new found bangs, but more importantly, the bags under her eyes. It appears she still isnt sleeping... Maybe she will crack... Praying she will crack... Just get it out girl! You can see the difference in her pics today... http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/ and from the bond hearing

imnotheonlyone
07-29-2008, 05:15 PM
I am only able to find video of the judge's denial - does anyone have a link to the entire hearing? I'd love to see Casey and Baez!

Winnts
You can set up hair dresser appointments in jail?

Leila

I've had the feeling that at some point Casey and the family would try to pin the blame on someone else. Pretty soon we're going to hear that the story has changed...............Lanny borrowed Casey's car and took Caylee with her.........Casey found her car had been returned to the apartment building (Sawgrass) but Lanny and Caylee were gone. :mad:

nursebeeme

11. Caylee was last seen on the sixteenth. (it was the fifteenth at the bond hearing and it was the seventh or the eighth before that)
12. casey didn't know where the car was left (even tho her bf picked her up there lol)
13. casey wasn't the last person to drive the car (let me guess..it was a shadow person lol...wonder if gma wants to transfer her grand theft auto to the shadow person?)
14. the media was chasing lee
15. she challenges anyone to leave a little piece of pizza (her words) or a piece of trash in their car for nineteen days and see what it smells like (um we did that here...chatty did...and there is no smell so far!)
16. the media is not doing responsible reporting
17. ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUETLY (If I hear that word from cindy, casey, or lee one more time I will PUKE!!!!!!)

Beagle1
07-29-2008, 05:16 PM

Media, it will be your fault if we don't find Caylee. I will continue to talk to the Media.

miimaa
07-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Cindy said Casey was with friends, etc. during those 30 days so I'm wondering if any of those friends have spoken with LE as to whether or not Caylee was with her.

murdershewrote
07-29-2008, 05:19 PM
yes, she's so distraught she's wanting a new hairstyle...

LI_Mom

RoseRed, I believe LE is doing everything in its power to track down Caylee.

They're wasting countless time & manpower tracking down all the LIES Casey has told them.... just in case something she said is not a lie OR the lie leads to something they CAN use.

If I had to bet... I'd say LE is releasing these private conversations at the suggestion of the FBI.... to see if they can break Casey OR at least get her family to finally understand WHO is preventing them from finding Caylee & getting them to figure out how to get her to start telling the truth.

IMO, the only clue they might have in this case is the dirt found in the trunk. If it's NOT from the Anthony backyard & they can determine WHERE that came from, they might find where Caylee's body is hidden.

Otherwise, nobody has the slightest clue where to start looking for Caylee.

FLbeachdawg
I don't think she cashed them at the bank, I think she went to one of the check cashing places, like the one where her car was found.

She could have stolen checks from Cindy too, a lot of credit card company's provide checks attached to the credit card account for people that want to transfer balances.

I thought you could make it out to CASH instead of a name and anybody can basically cash it and it clears write away.

J-me
Winnts:

I think this defense lawyer needs to shut Cindy the hell up otherwise he is going to have an even tougher battle on his hands. He needed to slap that GAG order on Cindy, not the media.

I think this qote was a little much! I agree Cindy says things off the rocker... but these last two pages have been straight attacking, and thats not sleuthing or getting anything accomplished if you ask me... and if you don't i am telling anyway.

murdershewrote
07-29-2008, 05:20 PM
I thought I read that the bf had been interviewed by LE and they looked thru his place...is that right?

whiteangora
07-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Thank you for the link. Cindy is really making this harder on getting the search going. The LE has enough to contend with, Non truths from Casey and now Cindy. Story seems to change on whim. Hince making the investigation THAT MORE CLOUDED.

You are very welcome.
And Welcome to Websleuths!

nursebeeme
07-29-2008, 05:21 PM
I agree.

There was definitely "drama" 9 days before 6/24, when Casey posted it on facebook about not being in "the house" for 9 days due to "drama".

I keep going back to it but I do think there are a lot of clues in Cindy's myspace post on 7/3, which I think tells a lot about what happened right before Casey left home on 6/15 or 6/16. I think the blowup over the stolen credit card was the reason for Casey to leave.

ea, I agree! Perhaps the other cash was stolen before she left....and used on God knows what!...but she was broke when she left...and that is why she took money from Amy and the blank checks... I have a very hard time thinking about what she could have spent 45 k on!!!!!

ETA: nine days of drama...and she posted that on the `24th...THE NINE DAYS OF DRAMA STARTED ON THE LAST DAY THAT GMA STATES SHE SAW CASEY

murdershewrote
07-29-2008, 05:27 PM
those 9 days takes us right back to Father's Day...like so many have said, something serious happened that day between Casey and Cindy.

athy
07-29-2008, 05:27 PM
a new do always makes me feel better when i've been lying my butt off and lost my kid...:rolleyes:

ketel0ne
07-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Cindy said on that fox morning show clip, that she doesn't think Casey last drove the car because she left her purse in it.

Patty G
07-29-2008, 05:28 PM
On the Mike and Juliet Show, Cindy says Casey's purse in the car. Claims Casey didn't know where the car was and that Cindy feels Casey wasn't the last one to drive the car.

Cindy still sticking to pizza being the cause of the smell in the car because there was no dead body in the car.

Claims there is no evidence in her backyard. Dog hit on the play house, sandbox and claims the dog was inconsistent in the dogs hits!

afield
07-29-2008, 05:29 PM
I think this qote was a little much! I agree Cindy says things off the rocker... but these last two pages have been straight attacking, and thats not sleuthing or getting anything accomplished if you ask me... and if you don't i am telling anyway.

Cases like these bring out raw emotions. It always happens. Just skim over the things you don't quite agree with or the things you wouldn't have typed yourself.

Great minds working hard here. Please don't get offended.

babycat
while i might agree that the public doesn't need to hear all the visitations and phone calls between the families and friends, i don't agree with what Jose said about all info should be going thru the family. that the FAMILY and Jose would decide what is important and relevant to give LE for the search.

I agree with this statement...

I understand and kind of agree with what LI_Mom and RoseRed said regarding this, too, but I guess in this case I feel like the family is not being forthcoming at all, and I feel like they are showing little respect for the justice system, by not telling the truth, and showing little interest in what's best for Caylee, so the law takes over...

and if Caylee WERE kidnapped, and they wanted to keep locations/informatin private, Casey could just pass the info to her family via her attorney, and vice versa, as they DO still have attorney client privilege. So I don't see that it really jeopardizes Caylee in that regard.

I also feel, however, that LE need to go with the best leads they have at this point (which point to possible homicide) and SEARCH, at least locally, for this little girl, even if they think she is not alive...It makes no sense to me. I can see them not searching for ZG, who at this moment appears to be a figment of Casey's imagination, because...where do you start? But I CAN'T understand them not searching locally for Caylee at this point...just don't get it:/

liltigress
I lieu of the timeframe the gas was stolen...june 24 (which falls into our time line of 24-27 June) how far could fifty dollars of gas get you round trip in the kind of car that she drove. Her car was on empty...she used the gas to drive somewhere, dump the body, drive back and the car was out of gas and she dumps it at amscott and calls her bf to come and get her.

I just got finished watching that video. Ack!.. double Ack! We're not idiots.

Casey may have left that purse there, hoping someone would think the car was stolen.. or plant the doubt just like she's done...

I wonder if she was planning on heading out of town somewhere, to disappear.. Maybe we should be looking for someone in her inner circle of party peeps that is NOT around anymore.

I don't know if it was ever proven that the car was out of gas, so I'm guessing the smell really got to her if it was as strong as everyone says it was. But if so, I can't figure why the tow dude didn't pick up on that.

babycat
07-29-2008, 05:30 PM
I am posting one of the rules from the TOS here, as a reminder of what websleuths is about. My intent is not to offend or accuse anyone of anything, but just to gently remind everyone of the TOS. This is rule no. 11:

"11. Please note that Websleuths is a victim friendly forum therefore we do not permit name calling of victims. Please tread carefully in this area. Discussion of victims and families is permitted but name calling and foundless accusations will not be allowed."

Salem

(respectfully snipped)

agreed:)

Patty G
07-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Geeeeee, maybe we should call Cindy and tell her what we think!!

Mike and Juliet show did a great job with the interview!

ketel0ne
07-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Geeeeee, maybe we should call Cindy and tell her what we think!!

Mike and Juliet show did a great job with the interview!

Go ahead and try that, it worked really well about changing the date and the phone number on the website.

lostnfound85
07-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Gwen Jackson is a LEAGL Analyst. I think Gwen needs to go back to college, she states
“ You can’t charge anybody with murder when there was no body”. WHAT THE HELL???!!

I can name 100 cases where criminals were charged with murder without a body.

David Westerfield first and foremost.

Okay the point that everyone is missing here. Cindy says in the 911 call that her daughter was missing for 30 days. That means Casey. Yet in this interview she said she spoke with her or texted her every day. HUGE discrepancy there. And YES Cindy I have found pizza and other food left in my vehicle for 20-30 days. I have children. And NO it doesn’t smell like a dead body, it doesn’t smell at all, because by that time it’s turned stall and is hard as a rock.

I think they can in this case, if they can get enough forensics, maybe not first degree. With all the lying she's done, she'll have a battle convincing a jury that she's just an "innocent" victim.

thisbliss
Cindy said on that fox morning show clip, that she doesn't think Casey last drove the car because she left her purse in it.

WTH?:confused: So Casey's purse was in the car, but she doesn't think Casey was the last one to drive the car...ummm...alrighty then. Seriously though, TonE better watch out they are trying to pin this on someone, anyone else.:rolleyes:

Blink34
ea, I agree! Perhaps the other cash was stolen before she left....and used on God knows what!...but she was broke when she left...and that is why she took money from Amy and the blank checks... I have a very hard time thinking about what she could have spent 45 k on!!!!!

ETA: nine days of drama...and she posted that on the `24th...THE NINE DAYS OF DRAMA STARTED ON THE LAST DAY THAT GMA STATES SHE SAW CASEY

and from her comments you can assume their camp is discounting Jesse hearing Caylee on 6/24.. no mention of it

ketel0ne
07-29-2008, 05:34 PM
and from her comments you can assume their camp is discounting Jesse hearing Caylee on 6/24.. no mention of it

They have to at this point. They can't have a 3rd date missing.

marbrit
07-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Hi everybody--just to let you all know that I think LE and the FBI could learn alot if they read the forum! You guys are good detectives and a few fiction writers too! Since I have lurked for a while before I got to join; my questions are:

I think LE is not going to do a region wide search because it's a waste of people's time. I think if they can get a better handle on
Casey's movements around the last time someone saw Caylee I
think they'd be more efficient. Oh, and talk to Casey's friends about that time period too! Regards to you all!

liltigress
07-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Does anyone else think Caylee was named using a mixture of Casey and Lee's names? Just a random thought...

This was discussed, actually. I figured because she and Lee were so close.

I really wanna hear what you have to say, I think you know things. lol

Winnts
07-29-2008, 05:38 PM

JME
I believe the comments are coming from the fact that at this point we can't tell if the GM is possibly person of interest also. Her facts do not match the police facts or what we hear with our own ears, each time she is interviewed she contradicts herself, gives out wrong dates, disrespecting the police and media efforts to find her grandchild while at the same time defending the 'mother who lost her grandchild'.

ketel0ne
07-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Hi everybody--just to let you all know that I think LE and the FBI could learn alot if they read the forum! You guys are good detectives and a few fiction writers too! Since I have lurked for a while before I got to join; my questions are:

I think LE is not going to do a region wide search because it's a waste of people's time. I think if they can get a better handle on
Casey's movements around the last time someone saw Caylee I
think they'd be more efficient. Oh, and talk to Casey's friends about that time period too! Regards to you all!

It is believed they LE in all major cases that these forums covers reads them. They also read blogs that cover these cases as well.

January.
Winnts:

:rolling: Soooo true.

UCFAlumni2002

CINDY ANTHONY:

I agree with you... I can't figure it out with this woman. If you want to find Caylee, then set up a search team. Look through the information you have at your fingertips and see if anything is "questionable"- bring that to LE. I haven't been watching much news coverage as I currently don't have cable, but this morning saw her saying how that "Casey is a religious person and we tried to bring her her bible and the jail wouldn't let us." From everything I'm seeing, I don't see that to be possible IMHO. I just feel that something happened and yes, someone I'm sure knows about it. I think being cooperative with LE, even if you don't always agree with them, is the way to go as althought you can be the squeaky wheel so to speak, you will still get LE to speak with you and confide in you. At this point, it doesn't seem that is happening as much because of the constant bashing of OCSD that seems to be happening.

murdershewrote
I've noticed a few times when Cindy says daughter when she means granddaughter...I think she was referring to Caylee and just misspoke in the 911 call. Maybe she did really think of Caylee as a daughter???

Leila
I should have not watched that video, because now I am enraged.
I'm usually the first one to agree with the media being out of hand but in this case all they are trying to do is get the facts straight. For Cindy Anthony to state that the media will be responsible if casey is not found takes brass ones. Unbelievable. I've flipped flopped back & forth with the GM's motives but after watching that, that family has nerve.

OMG.............I just watched that video and it's outrageous that anyone would behave like Cindy behaved in that interview! I can't believe that she would just coldly sit there and deny what was heard on those tapes and then turn around and fault the news media for her granddaughter not being found! :furious:

January.
07-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Ladybass0711, the Daily Recap thread is a lifesaver. Thanks very much for your hard work with that, it is greatly appreciated.

RoseRed
07-29-2008, 05:41 PM
RoseRed, I believe LE is doing everything in its power to track down Caylee.

They're wasting countless time & manpower tracking down all the LIES Casey has told them.... just in case something she said is not a lie OR the lie leads to something they CAN use.

If I had to bet... I'd say LE is releasing these private conversations at the suggestion of the FBI.... to see if they can break Casey OR at least get her family to finally understand WHO is preventing them from finding Caylee & getting them to figure out how to get her to start telling the truth.

IMO, the only clue they might have in this case is the dirt found in the trunk. If it's NOT from the Anthony backyard & they can determine WHERE that came from, they might find where Caylee's body is hidden.

Otherwise, nobody has the slightest clue where to start looking for Caylee.

Well this board has set up some good ideas where to start looking. LE has has all casey's phone records and pings, they have more information than anyone else and it is their JOB to search for this little girl. That is what they get paid big bucks to do. I am really sick of hearing all the remarks about the family when it is the job of LE to use the information they already have to find this little girl.It is time to call them out and get them on the ball doing what they are suppose to do.

UCFAlumni2002
07-29-2008, 05:42 PM
WTH?:confused: So Casey's purse was in the car, but she doesn't think Casey was the last one to drive the car...ummm...alrighty then. Seriously though, TonE better watch out they are trying to pin this on someone, anyone else.:rolleyes:

Isn't TonE the one who stated that he picked her up from the Amscot when the car "broke down"? This case is driving me bonkers literally. :crazy:

mom_of_five
07-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Does anyone have dates for the photobucket pics of Casey and Morales together?

UCFAlumni2002
Well this board has set up some good ideas where to start looking. LE has has all casey's phone records and pings, they have more information than anyone else and it is their JOB to search for this little girl. That is what they get paid big bucks to do. I am really sick of hearing all the remarks about the family when it is the job of LE to use the information they already have to find this little girl.It is time to call them out and get them on the ball doing what they are suppose to do.

Who says they aren't? Just because it isn't being made public knowledge doesn't mean they aren't looking

afield
What friend is visiting Casey tonight?

ketel0ne
07-29-2008, 05:44 PM
I've noticed a few times when Cindy says daughter when she means granddaughter...I think she was referring to Caylee and just misspoke in the 911 call. Maybe she did really think of Caylee as a daughter???

I think she really believed when she "found" "saw" "spoke" to Casey, Caylee would be there, when she found Casey at the apt. and no Caylee it switched for her.

Also in the interview today does she infer that finding of the car discounted Jacksonville was that for the July 15th timeframe or when the car was towed? Her words were basically the car was not where her and geoge thought it would be. When did she think Casey was in Jacksonville is really what I am asking.

nursebeeme
07-29-2008, 05:44 PM
On the Mike and Juliet Show, Cindy says Casey's purse in the car. Claims Casey didn't know where the car was and that Cindy feels Casey wasn't the last one to drive the car.

Cindy still sticking to pizza being the cause of the smell in the car because there was no dead body in the car.

Claims there is no evidence in her backyard. Dog hit on the play house, sandbox and claims the dog was inconsistent in the dogs hits!
At this point, whatever Cindy says I will officially jot down for future comparison when the truth comes out but I will swallow with one grain of salt. While gma may be a victim in this case her behavior has certainly drawn a lot of scrutiny and suspicion imho. I have never seen anything like this...ever! never! This case is setting the bar for a new kind of twisted criminal mind and I think posters' reactions (from humor to anger) are to be expected in light of the level of frustration and confussion and frank strangeness of this case.

ketel0ne
07-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Isn't TonE the one who stated that he picked her up from the Amscot when the car "broke down"? This case is driving me bonkers literally. :crazy:

Yes. :waitasec:

Patty G
Maybe she did really think of Caylee as a daughter???

I have been thinking the same thing. Cindy began to look at Caylee as her child.

curiositycat
I've had the feeling that at some point Casey and the family would try to pin the blame on someone else. Pretty soon we're going to hear that the story has changed...............Lanny borrowed Casey's car and took Caylee with her.........Casey found her car had been returned to the apartment building (Sawgrass) but Lanny and Caylee were gone. :mad:

i said the same thing yesterday. They are going to shift the blame to someone else. When that happens or sooner or later someone is going to tell WHAT they know. If they try to place the blame on someone else that person would do anything and everything, at that time, to make sure THAT doesn't happen.

SeriouslySearching
07-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Winnts:

I think this defense lawyer needs to shut Cindy the hell up otherwise he is going to have an even tougher battle on his hands. He needed to slap that GAG order on Cindy, not the media.I know I am not Winnts, but I agree with you totally! And frankly, this post is certainly, IN MY OPINION, not out of line at all!

Cindy's antics and discrepancies are making it ridiculously difficult for everyone in this case. The defense and LE across the board! It would serve her well to be silenced...which in a way is what LE has been trying to do by keeping her out of the loop on information now.

January.
07-29-2008, 05:47 PM

William Waters. Apparently an old boyfriend?

afield
07-29-2008, 05:47 PM
William Waters. Apparently an old boyfriend?

Thank you,

I couldn't find that anywhere.

jep0216
07-29-2008, 05:48 PM

I think in the 911 call she is definitely referring to Casey. IIRC she says "My daughter has been missing for 30 days and I just found her"

Patty G
07-29-2008, 05:48 PM
I hope the bond hearing tomorrow stays as it is! Casey needs to stay there until she fully cooperates with everyone!

ketel0ne
07-29-2008, 05:49 PM
i said the same thing yesterday. They are going to shift the blame to someone else. When that happens or sooner or later someone is going to tell WHAT they know. If they try to place the blame on someone else that person would do anything and everything, at that time, to make sure THAT doesn't happen.

The only hole in this is that no one else really fits. Only Casey told all the lies. Only Casey is at the center of every date, place and person talked about. Not even Caylee has the ties to most of these places people and dates.

athy
07-29-2008, 05:50 PM
I hope the bond hearing tomorrow stays as it is! Casey needs to stay there until she fully cooperates with everyone!

i think if Strickland is the judge still she'll be staying there unless Jose comes up with a good reason for her not.

ETA:

i half expect them to charge her with murder when they go for the bail hearing.

Elley Mae
It seemed to me that Lee was trying to tell Casey that she could go to LE without Jose Baez being involved,but I don't think Casey got what he was saying because she said that they had talked about that. I am starting to think that the family does not like Baez.

DianeB
Blink...............I tend to agree. I'm thinking the break-in of the shed/stealing gas, and asking the neighbor to borrow a shovel, are two separate incidences.

I've wondered about help too, and wonder which one of her friends would help. If she DID have help, the friend might confess before Casey does.OK, that would mean she had driven to the house twice between the 16th and the 24th, which is entirely possible and certainly no one would think it odd to see the car in the driveway.

If I recall, someone on this board drives past that area on their way to work every day. Are there any stores or banks on major street corners leading into the subdivision that have outdoor cameras?

Do the traffic lights have cameras to catch people going through the reds the way they do in my neighborhood (she grumbled).

January.
07-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Thank you,

I couldn't find that anywhere.

Here you go: http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/files/casey_anthony_visitation_log.pdf

It's in the Daily Recap sticky in this forum. I wonder if that's why she got a new 'do? :rolleyes:

cindysnow3

William Waters ( An Ex Boyfriend )

murdershewrote
but, honestly, where do they start? Orlando is a big area and she could be anywhere or even way out of town. LE relies heavily on the public, fliers, billboards, etc. if anyone should see her or saw something suspicious during the timeline. I don't think there's too many people in America that haven't seen Caylee's face by now. If she's not alive, then it's even tougher...usually they have some evidence of where the missing person was last seen, but in this case, we don't even know that. We don't even know who the last person to see Caylee really is.

Their only hope is if Casey or Cindy cracks or one of her friends finally breaks down and tells what happened. I think LE should push her friends way harder.

Winnts
07-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Just watch....in the next few days it will be all the speculation on the internet crime forums fault that this child is missing. Nothing in this case surprises me anymore.

Katelynnk
07-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey All! Anyone have any idea which friend of Casey's is going to spill what they know about her relationship with Caylee on Nancy Grace tonight? If you all talked about this already sorry I must have missed it.

imnotheonlyone
07-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Is there video anywhere of the entire hearing today?

ElizaAvalon
07-29-2008, 05:54 PM
JME
I believe the comments are coming from the fact that at this point we can't tell if the GM is possibly person of interest also. Her facts do not match the police facts or what we hear with our own ears, each time she is interviewed she contradicts herself, gives out wrong dates, disrespecting the police and media efforts to find her grandchild while at the same time defending the 'mother who lost her grandchild'.

I think GM wants very badly to believe her daughter. But she had nothing to do with Caylee's disappearance, IMO.

GM's been down this road before with lies and betrayal and then more lies and betrayal from her daughter.

I guess it's hard to believe that your own child could do such a despicable thing. So you'll believe anything, even when the lies are just lies on top of lies.

And it's starts when they are young. How many of us are shocked when a parent believes their child when he/she says they didn't hit Johnny? Some parents are just oblivious - and they actually aide the liar.

murdershewrote
07-29-2008, 05:56 PM
who on earth would be in jail and have a parade of ex boyfriends stopping by...

TravelingBug
07-29-2008, 05:56 PM

It's like Cindy talks as if she thinks it's normal for her daughter to play a nearly month and a half long "game" of hide-and-go-seek or a scavenger hunt with a nearly 3 year old. Twisted is an understatement.

If Casey was giving her clues all along, that almost sounds like an inadvertent admission that Cindy's known all along that Caylee wasn't necessarily with Casey...and NOT that she just found out the day the police were called.

curiositycat
07-29-2008, 05:57 PM
The only hole in this is that no one else really fits. Only Casey told all the lies. Only Casey is at the center of every date, place and person talked about. Not even Caylee has the ties to most of these places people and dates.

yes, but I wonder if she involved someone in getting rid of the body? That is what I mean by another person involved.

I will be glad to eat crow if Caylee is found alive. I do not think she will be.:furious:

RoseRed
07-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Who says they aren't? Just because it isn't being made public knowledge doesn't mean they aren't looking

Because if they were looking we would have gotten wind of it already. Searches are never done in total secrecy.

They need to hear from John Q public about searching. MOO

UCFAlumni2002
07-29-2008, 05:59 PM
i think if Strickland is the judge still she'll be staying there unless Jose comes up with a good reason for her not.

ETA:

i half expect them to charge her with murder when they go for the bail hearing.

Strickland isn't the judge as it's in the appealate court (sorry about spelling).

ketel0ne
It's like Cindy talks as if she thinks it's normal for her daughter to play a nearly month and a half long "game" of hide-and-go-seek or a scavenger hunt with a nearly 3 year old. Twisted is an understatement.

If Casey was giving her clues all along, that almost sounds like an inadvertent admission that Cindy's known all along that Caylee wasn't necessarily with Casey...and NOT that she just found out the day the police were called.

The statement from Casey could be intepreted to mean:

Mom, your so dense to my lies, that I have been telling you for the last month about Caylee.

MistyM

i know it's like when you watch too many spy thrillers. didn't casey say something in the beginning that she didn't report caylee's disappearance because of what happens in movies? maybe they are playing it like a movie with mystery and intrigue.

afield
07-29-2008, 06:00 PM
I will be glad to eat crow if Caylee is found alive. I do not think she will be.:furious:

...me too curiosity cat, me too

Stoelly
07-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Nancy Grace is having a friend of Caylee's mom on - a longtime family friend.

curiositycat
07-29-2008, 06:01 PM
who on earth would be in jail and have a parade of ex boyfriends stopping by...
IMHO when you don't work you might be the type of woman who would have a lot of men who adore you. This type of woman will play the game of making each and every man think she is crazy about them. This way she can use them when need be.
Good Grief, she almost reminds me of Scarlett O'hara in Gone With the Wind:D

January.
What on earth, she has pink handcuffs?

http://www.wftv.com/image/17028812/detail.html

ebrich
ah, haven't heard about the NG/friend until someone just mentioned it. Can't wait.

mamasooze

George is smart-when you live in FL, MS, LA, TX, AL, ya gotta keep extra gasoline on hand in case of hurricanes. He might have just now changed locks and was Casey that shocked :mad: when she returned to dip in that well one more time and find her key did not work, she thus gets the shovel from the neighbor and busts the lock open.

FWIW-I think she planned to torch the car (drat that smell) and then thought better of it.

babycat
I wonder what would happen if someone in the media were to ask Cindy about that myspace blog she wrote regarding caylee/casey, and Casey's actions? I wonder if she would say she didn't write it...

I understand that Cindy is traumatized and devastated, but I can't help but wonder if it is a trait that she and Casey might both share...changing their story completely when cornered with contradictory or untrue statements? I mean, maybe she's not really aware that she's doing it.

I also really wonder, not in a rude way, but in an honest way, if Casey is either a congenital or pathological liar. It's been reported that long time friends of the family have reported that this is a history.

I know that I wouldn't want to be in any similar situation. I really feel for Cindy Anthony, as I don't feel like she is trying to purposely hurt her daughter's case, but think about it..without the contradictory statements/explosive interviews, don't you think that this case might be in a whole separate direction, and maybe the news would mostly be about Caylee? I'm sure she isn't meaning for it to happen, but I really feel like it's hurting her daughter's investigation.

Sad situation all around:( I wish Lee would be the family spokesperson, for everyone's sake...I feel like it would take some stress off of Cindy, too.

murdershewrote
I definitely took it to mean that Cindy knew those 30 days that Caylee wasn't with Casey...what she said about "giving her clues" and also when Cindy herself said "I've already given you 31 days". That convinced me she knew.

But then she tells 911 that her daughter was missing for 30 days and she just found her. How could Casey have been missing when she was busy giving GMA clues. they are both liars if you ask me.

tiredblondy
07-29-2008, 06:02 PM
I have stated this before but can't remember the post # it was in.
Once Casey realizes she is not going to get out of jail and may face the death penalty, I think she will cave. She has wiggled her way out of everything before, in her life ,with everyone and has suffered few consequences. I honestly believe that she never thought she'd be in jail this long. I suspect some of the evidence is back and LE knows that beautiful Caylee is no longer alive but they want to try to locate her body. Casey never thought she'd be in jail at all. She thought she would be able to make things go her way no matter what. Her being in jail is the first reality check, the longer she stays and cannot manipulate her release the more reality will set in. I wish they would ignore her and no one question her for a day or two. That would really bother her. She wants the LE talking to her. It would blow her mind if they left her alone and did not talk to she or her mother for a while. Surely the psychiatrist has informed of that or a profiler???

Cakegirl
07-29-2008, 06:03 PM
You can set up hair dresser appointments in jail?

Wow, what a nice resort, huh? ;) Surely she doesn't have access to hair scissors in her jail cell. Crazy... and getting crazier!

babycat
07-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey All! Anyone have any idea which friend of Casey's is going to spill what they know about her relationship with Caylee on Nancy Grace tonight? If you all talked about this already sorry I must have missed it.

I haven't heard about this :confused:

ElizaAvalon
07-29-2008, 06:04 PM
IMHO when you don't work you might be the type of woman who would have a lot of men who adore you. This type of woman will play the game of making each and every man think she is crazy about them. This way she can use them when need be.
Good Grief, she almost reminds me of Scarlett O'hara in Gone With the Wind:D

Hmmm... yeah, and having big boobs doesn't hurt...

curiositycat
07-29-2008, 06:05 PM
I definitely took it to mean that Cindy knew those 30 days that Caylee wasn't with Casey...what she said about "giving her clues" and also when Cindy herself said "I've already given you 31 days". That convinced me she knew.

But then she tells 911 that her daughter was missing for 30 days and she just found her. How could Casey have been missing when she was busy giving GMA clues. they are both liars if you ask me.

This right here is enough to make me think that Cindy was negligent also. At the longest after a week:eek:she should have reported it to the police. There is proof that she didn't speak to caylee for 30 days. They should have taken her in also.

Winnts
07-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by TravelingBug

If Casey was giving her clues all along, that almost sounds like an inadvertent admission that Cindy's known all along that Caylee wasn't necessarily with Casey...and NOT that she just found out the day the police were called. .

The statement from Casey could be intepreted to mean:

Mom, your so dense to my lies, that I have been telling you for the last month about Caylee.

Or it could mean: 'Mom, once again if you were just listening to me you would know where Caylee is, it's all your fault for not listening to my clues.'

whiteangora
07-29-2008, 06:06 PM

I don't know. But Cindy says my daughter has been missing a month and I just found her. So, I don't think it was a mis-speak on her part.
But I could be totally off base, and since I'm close to being off my rocker with this case, it's a strong possibility.:crazy:

ebrich
07-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Wow, what a nice resort, huh? ;) Surely she doesn't have access to hair scissors in her jail cell. Crazy... and getting crazier!

and it looked like she had mascara on?

ketel0ne
07-29-2008, 06:07 PM
I wrote the following on Saturday:

Since Cindy Anthony seems to be the voice of her incarcerated daughter, these are some questions that Cindy Anthony could provide answers to:

1. What family dynamic changed the night of June 15th or June 16th that caused her daughter and her granddaughter to cease staying at their house any night thereafter?

2. By tracing the money that has been stolen, does it show involvement in Caylee's disappearance (payoffs, transfers)?

3. Do you have any information TODAY that changes any of the things you wrote in your MySpace posting in your account there on July 3rd?

4. Do Casey's phone records support any of the things that she has told you and that you are repeating?

5. If you feel law enforcement is not handling this case the way that you believe they should, have you contacted Texas EquuSearch, The Polly Klaas Foundation, and/or The Jessica Lundsford Foundation?

Sympathy aside, we're kinda irritated.

Leila
07-29-2008, 06:08 PM
now THAT is some damm good thinking, SBW! That completely makes sense and also fits in the timeline of 24-27 June imhoo. Now...how far can fifty dollars of gas get that white car round trip (and it was empty when she dumped it at amscott).

Believe it or not............I happened to have in front of me a list of cars (not all cars) and how many miles you can expect to get for $40 worth of gas. This was published online in relation to the high price of gas about a month ago.

The Pontiac Firebird is not on the list, but if someone can give me an idea of a car on the list comparable to the Firebird, we might get a good idea of how far Casey could go on $40 worth of gas and then do some simple math. Here's the list:

How Far Will $40 Get You…

Toyota's Prius - gets you 441 miles on $40 of gas.

Typical bus - 73 miles out of your $40 of gas.

Bentley Continental GTC - 167 miles for your $40 of gas.

Yamaha Zuma – 1,206 miles for your $40 of gas.

M1 Abrams Tank – 5.2 miles for your $40 of gas.

Dodge Viper Convertible – 216 miles for your $40 of gas.

RXV golf cart from E-Z-GO – 294 miles for your $40 of gas.

Toyota Camry - 304 miles for your $40 of gas.

The Volvo S60 AWD - 255 miles for your $40 of gas.

Chevrolet Suburban – 167 miles for your $40 of gas.

The Porsche 911 Turbo – 226 miles for your $40 of gas.

Honda Civic – 353 miles for your $40 of gas.

Hummer H3 4WD – 157 miles for your $40 of gas.

Ford Focus – 323 miles for your $40 of gas.

Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD – 177 miles for your $40 of gas.

Ford F-150 – 186 miles for your $40 of gas.

Audi A4 Cabriolet – 294 miles for your $40 of gas.

Rolls-Royce Phantom – 177 miles for your $40 of gas.

Smart Fortwo Coupe – 402 miles for your $40 of gas.

Jeep Wrangler 4WD – 186 miles for your $40 of gas.

DianeB
07-29-2008, 06:08 PM
FWIW-I think she planned to torch the car (drat that smell) and then thought better of it.Interesting theory. Maybe the car was towed away before she got a chance to do the deed.

Remember, she had the 'All White' party at Fusian on the night of Friday, June 27th, followed by the beach trip on the weekend w/Jesse (if they actually went). The car was towed on Monday 30th, so if she was planning on doing something with it, she missed her window of opportunity.

curiositycat
07-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Hmmm... yeah, and having big boobs doesn't hurt...
Hmmmm can you unbutton those jail suits to make them more obvious!:clap:

Patty G
I don't know. But Cindy says my daughter has been missing a month and I just found her. So, I don't think it was a mis-speak on her part.

Cindy has said that a lot. My daughter has been missing a month and I just found her ... yup, yup, yup! She said she spoke with her on the phone and text'd back and forth.

UCFAlumni2002
the interesting thing about the casey 30 days missing is that at the original bond hearing, she said that Casey and her had been in touch daily via text and voicemails.

murdershewrote
Cindy, as grandparent, has no real legal responsibility for Caylee so I don't think she could be charged with negligence like Casey has been. but obstruction of justice comes to mind.

murdershewrote
07-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Cindy, as grandparent, has no real legal responsibility for Caylee so I don't think she could be charged with negligence like Casey has been. but obstruction of justice comes to mind. Moral responsibility yes, legally I don't think so.

DianeB
07-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Because if they were looking we would have gotten wind of it already. Searches are never done in total secrecy.

If LE and the FBI are searching for a specific person or persons and tracking them down from state to state, we would know nothing about it unless they put out some kind of wanted notice, and they might not want to tip their hands.

Patty G
07-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Believe it or not............I happened to have in front of me a list of cars (not all cars) and how many miles you can expect to get for $40 worth of gas. This was published online in relation to the high price of gas about a month ago.

The Pontiac Firebird is not on the list, but if someone can give me an idea of a car on the list comparable to the Firebird, we might get a good idea of how far Casey could go on $40 worth of gas and then do some simple math. Here's the list:

How Far Will $40 Get You…

Toyota's Prius - gets you 441 miles on $40 of gas.

Typical bus - 73 miles out of your $40 of gas.

Bentley Continental GTC - 167 miles for your $40 of gas.

Yamaha Zuma – 1,206 miles for your $40 of gas.

M1 Abrams Tank – 5.2 miles for your $40 of gas.

Dodge Viper Convertible – 216 miles for your $40 of gas.

RXV golf cart from E-Z-GO – 294 miles for your $40 of gas.

Toyota Camry - 304 miles for your $40 of gas.

The Volvo S60 AWD - 255 miles for your $40 of gas.

Chevrolet Suburban – 167 miles for your $40 of gas.

The Porsche 911 Turbo – 226 miles for your $40 of gas.

Honda Civic – 353 miles for your $40 of gas.

Hummer H3 4WD – 157 miles for your $40 of gas.

Ford Focus – 323 miles for your $40 of gas.

Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD – 177 miles for your $40 of gas.

Ford F-150 – 186 miles for your $40 of gas.

Audi A4 Cabriolet – 294 miles for your $40 of gas.

Rolls-Royce Phantom – 177 miles for your $40 of gas.

Smart Fortwo Coupe – 402 miles for your $40 of gas.

Jeep Wrangler 4WD – 186 miles for your $40 of gas.

What is needed here with the miles based on $40.00 is how much a gallon of gas is when they did this list. $40.00 of gas is roughly 10 gallons here in Florida.

Winnts
07-29-2008, 06:12 PM
it's not a pontiac firebird, its a pontiac grand prix.

harleysnana
07-29-2008, 06:13 PM

I agree 100%!

I have to admit... being a grandma .. I felt sorry for Cindy.
UNTIL I saw this video!

When she said the part I bolded... it made me SICK!
I no longer feel sorry for her!

Elley Mae
07-29-2008, 06:13 PM
thought it was a sunbird

bug050608
07-29-2008, 06:14 PM
http://crime.about.com/od/current/qt/caylee_july22d.htm

Anyone read about this?????

Winnts
07-29-2008, 06:14 PM
ok it's either a sunbird, granam or grand prix but definately not a firebird. Does anyone know?

curiositycat
07-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Cindy, as grandparent, has no real legal responsibility for Caylee so I don't think she could be charged with negligence like Casey has been. but obstruction of justice comes to mind.
Exactly! Obstruction of justice. She sits her butt on TV not taking a bit of responsibility for not doing what she should have done immediately, or what any other responsible person would have done! I think most people would have done that even if they knew a neighbors child with MIA:rolleyes:

Koozit
[QUOTE=Stoelly;2429700]Nancy Grace is having a friend of Caylee's mom on - a longtime family friend.[/QUOTE
Even Nancy grace and all of her quests are getting so confused, with each day that passes and the different statments made by Cindy.

curiositycat
ok it's either a sunbird, granam or grand prix but definately not a firebird. Does anyone know?sunbird

ketel0ne
07-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Actually its a 1998 Pontiac Sunfire which get 20 mpg city and 28mpg hwy according to fueleconomy.gov.

DianeB
ok it's either a sunbird, granam or grand prix but definately not a firebird. Does anyone know?

According to the Orlando Sentinel, it's a Pontiac Sunfire.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-caylee2608jul26,0,3318931.story

January.

I believe they ruled this out, as the ages ended up not matching.

Elley Mae

If not mistaken that's been cleared by authority's .

babycat
07-29-2008, 06:17 PM
And here I thought it was a pontiac sunfire...just to add to the confusion;)

Leila
07-29-2008, 06:18 PM

I wish LE would hold a press conference and release the results of the forensic examination of the trunk of the car. I think that would go a long ways towards some answers.

I'm sure the lab results are probably done by now, at least some of them, but for some reason LE is delaying in reporting the findings publicly.

bug050608
ok wasn't sure.. hadn't heard nothing about it and just read it.. saw the date was on the 22nd so i figured id ask! Thanks for the info.

curiositycat

That was talked about here last week. IT makes no sense, and I think it was proven to be false.:)