View Full Version : Found Deceased MA - Molly Bish, 16, June 2000

Pages : [1] 2

Doyle
08-12-2003, 10:37 PM
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/2258530/detail.html

Juliana
08-13-2003, 11:49 AM
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/2388639/detail.html

I've never posted a link before, hope this works!

Weird. The same hunter who originally found pieces of Molly Bish's swimsuit which led to the discovery of her body, was recently showing a private investigator and a film crew from 48 Hours the area where he found pieces of her suit, and then he found even more pieces of her suit. Surely this area had been exhaustively searched by LE. Hmmm...the DA is trying to get a copy of the tape from 48 Hours who is fighting it.

Just my opinion....

Ghostwheel
08-14-2003, 04:03 PM
Kind of goes to show what kind of search efforts were in place in the beginning:rolleyes:

Up2theminute
08-15-2003, 09:06 PM
http://www.mollybish.org/

(Caution: tissues may be needed :( )

Juliana
09-27-2003, 05:41 PM
Profiler's Theory Links Abductions, Bones

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/local_regional/serialkiller09272003.htm

edited: to fix link. Thanks jat!

jat
09-27-2003, 05:56 PM
I think that may be the wrong link.

Juliana
09-27-2003, 06:33 PM
Thanks Jat! I think I fixed the link.

RCOOKE
10-05-2003, 12:49 AM
I had the honor of meeting Molly's father John two weeks ago.

He told me 48 HOURS will have a program on Molly on October 16. (I will verify the date when it gets closer)

Up2theminute
10-05-2003, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up on that program, Mr. Cooke. I also look forward to your input on your daughter's case which we have brought up in discussion here in the past and present. We had a lot more thoughts going on the other server/forum before we had to switch to a new one.

Juliana
10-05-2003, 11:41 PM
I will be very interested in this 48 Hours episode. I can't make the link work anymore, but I posted several weeks ago with a link to The Boston Channel story about the hunter who originally found pieces of Molly's swimming suit, which led to the discovery of her body. THE SAME HUNTER WAS SHOWING THE CREW FROM 48 HOURS WHERE HE ORIGINALLY FOUND THE PIECES OF HER SWIMSUIT AND LO AND BEHOLD, HE FOUND MORE PIECES OF HER SWIMSUIT (while the 48 Hours crew was taping I think). Some people say well, the police just didn't do a very good job of searching the area, and that it is possible. It just seems too coincidental to me that the same person would find additional pieces of her swimsuit with a TV crew taping the whole thing. The article stated that the DA had subpeonaed the tape from 48 Hours. Very interesting.

Just my opinion...

Up2theminute
10-07-2003, 02:16 AM
Juliana, I agree with you I also found that to be a highly hinky coincidence about the hunter/same person finding so much evidence. I remember the article that you're talking about from the Boston Channel and will see if I can find it then re-post it.

I'd also like to know some more about the childhood friend who crashed his car into a tree as a suicide attempt when news came in about Molly's remains. Remember that? That was hinky to me too. May not be related at all, other than a distraught friend, but I still wonder. :dontknow: Strange how we haven't heard any more about that since it first broke the news.

Juliana
10-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Up2theminute, I had forgotten about the suicide attempt by Molly's friend. Was it just an attempt or did the boy actually succeed in committing suicide? I can't find the link now.

I wonder if either the hunter or the childhood friend were one of the 11 who failed the polygraph test. I wonder what an expert would say about the fact that 11 people failed the test.

I seem to remember that the man who owned the swimming hole where Molly worked and from where she disappeared had failed the polygraph test, and that a teenage male co-worker had failed the test as well. But since I can't find any links, my recollections might be totally wrong.

Wonder if we will learn anything new from the 48 Hours episode?

Just my opinions...

Up2theminute
10-13-2003, 04:23 AM
Two of the articles that wrote more about it are no longer accessible. The only place where it's still mentioned is within another article that was about Molly's memorial service planning.

Around town there is more sadness after the death of Peter Rambiszewski, 20. The young man's car struck a tree on North Street Tuesday afternoon. There had been speculation that the death may have been a suicide because he was a close friend of Molly's.

The victim was alone in the car and police Chief Glenn McKiel said speed was a factor.

- from Bish Family Planning Memorial Service

POSTED: 12:14 p.m. EDT June 11, 2003
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/2263241/detail.html

He did die, it ended up being more than an attempt (or whatever it may have been).
The article from earlier that same day that was specifically about this is listed at the bottom as a previous story but the story is no longer there when the page opens.
Previous Stories:
June 11, 2003: Bish Friend Dies In Car Crash
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/2262414/detail.html
nada :dontknow:
I guess maybe his family was upset at the speculation it may have caused for their son especially after they saw where some people were going with the idea.

Up2theminute
10-16-2003, 04:59 PM
I've looked at the programming for 48 hours on www.cbs.com and I don't see any mention of it on there. Could he have gotten 48 Hours mixed up with another show like Dateline NBC or Primetime on ABC?

RCOOKE
10-16-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Up2theminute
I've looked at the programming for 48 hours on www.cbs.com and I don't see any mention of it on there. Could he have gotten 48 Hours mixed up with another show like Dateline NBC or Primetime on ABC?

I don't think so but we should keep an eye on the other shows. Showtimes the pospone a show if something more pressing comes up. Kobe Byant is getting most of the headlines nowdays.

Doyle
11-04-2003, 05:57 AM
Art prof mixes it up with Bish dad
http://www2.bostonherald.com/news/local_regional/bish11032003.htm

RCOOKE
11-05-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Doyle
Art prof mixes it up with Bish dad
http://www2.bostonherald.com/news/local_regional/bish11032003.htm

What a jerk that professor is. John Bish is a very mild manored guy and I'm sure he tried to resolve the issue peaceable.

alpharee
11-07-2003, 10:08 AM
Shows what type of selfish person he is ( the professor)
Hope he's fired!

Doyle
11-07-2003, 10:17 AM
Professor punished for run-in with Bish's father
http://www2.bostonherald.com/news/local_regional/bish11042003.htm

Up2theminute
11-10-2003, 01:48 AM
Well, isn't that incredibly wierd. Is there a picture of the art professor anywhere? I wonder where Molly had to go to get her Lifeguard credentials/certification. The local community college perhaps?... :dontknow:

DustyRose
12-01-2003, 06:21 PM
from CBS/48 HOURS website:
NEW NIGHT! MISSING MOLLY: Wednesday, Dec. 3 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
A disgraced ex-police officer is on the case of a missing teenage girl.
He's found new evidence. Will he solve the case of Molly Bish?

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/48hours/main3410.shtml

Up2theminute
12-02-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by DustyRose
from CBS/48 HOURS website:
NEW NIGHT! MISSING MOLLY: Wednesday, Dec. 3 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
A disgraced ex-police officer is on the case of a missing teenage girl.
He's found new evidence. Will he solve the case of Molly Bish?

Thanks DustyRose. I just saw the commercial tonight. At least they re-scheduled it not long after the original date this time. :)

Juliana
12-04-2003, 07:32 AM
I watched "48 Hours" last night and my hinky meter was definitely way up. A couple of things -

I have always been suspicious of the hunter and/or the private investigator finding the small piece of the swimming suit with the "48 Hours" cameras rolling. It just seemed staged to me, like maybe the PI was just trying to get attention or redeem himself somehow. The small piece of fabric was in an area with lots of brush, etc and was not very visible at all. I don't know how someone just standing around would see it, but the police missed it somehow. Just doesn't sit right with me.

I have also always been suspicious of Molly's boss. Why in the world would he wait 3 hours before callling authorites or Molly's parents? Something just seems off with him.

Finally, that one guy that the PI thinks is guilty of Holly P.'s (don't know how to spell her last name - I need to find out) abduction and murder, does look similar to the sketch of the man in the white car.

JMO.

Up2theminute
12-04-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by MissMisty
So, you're saying that you think this hunter knows more about Molly's disappearance or was involved? I always believed that the man Molly's mom saw the morning before she disappeared was the perp. Very interesting case.
Misty

Well, it is one possibility. I, believe it or not after all my thread bumping and asking when the show was going to be, missed the show last night. :( I kept forgetting that yesterday was Wednesday and then I fell asleep early too by mistake.

As Juliana pointed out, there are several hinky people in this investigation. The fact that nearly dozen (or something) people failed the lie detector tests and yet this case has stood still practically until evidence just came out floating (in some instances literally) out of nowhere is just frankly bizarre. I'll get back to this later though, can't write everything at work right now. ;)

Litlstar04
12-04-2003, 12:00 PM
Come on, Up2! I was counting on you to have watched it! ;)
I hope someone was able to see it, because I turned it on in the last five mintues when everything was being summed up. If someone did, please post details!

RCOOKE
12-04-2003, 01:19 PM
I watched it. The spent most of the time talking about the ex-cop and how he is working with a private profiler. There seems to be a loose connection between Molly and another girl name Holly who was murdered 10 years ago. Holly and Molly were actually the same age. In fact Molly sent a card to Holly's parent's when she was 10 and told them how sorry she was.

Of course they opened the program with a general account of Molly's disappearance and the guy in the white car. The PI is convinced that a man named Robert Armes killed Holly and possibly Molly too.

They showed some of the good things Molly's parents are doing to provide child ID kits and to help others.

Litlstar04
12-04-2003, 05:29 PM
Mr. Cooke, thank you for the recap of the show. I wanted to watch it, but didn't make it home in time. I know any coverage is good to bring attention to a case, but, other than that, did you think they did a good job with the program? I think I remember that you've spoken with the Bishs in the past, so I just wanted to get your opinion.
I was glad to read over on Court TV that you have a meeting with the interim sheriff about Rachel's case. I hope the investigation is able to move foward.

MissMisty
12-04-2003, 10:37 PM
I was really impressed with Molly's parents. They are so real and are suffering so terribly, but getting on with life. I was touched by the father saying that about once a month, he goes down to the place where Molly was last seen. He said that he firmly believes that the perp approached Molly asking for a band-aid, hence, the open first aid kit on her beach chair. He then believes that the perp led her up the hill and over it to the cemetary to his waiting car. He also said that he couldn't believe Molly would go up into that area on the hill with all the trees without her shoes so when he first heard that her shoes were left behind, he knew something was wrong. Seems like there were an awful lot of sightings of that white car prior to her disappearance. What a shame nothing came of that. I do have to say that I also think it's a little strange that Molly's boss waited so many hours to alert the police and Molly's parents. He brushed it off as Molly taking off to hang out with her friends or boyfriends. Hello? She had just started her shift...didn't he find it odd that she would then just take off? I hate to say it but this is looking like another case that will never be solved.
Misty

RCOOKE
12-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Litlstar04
Mr. Cooke, thank you for the recap of the show. I wanted to watch it, but didn't make it home in time. I know any coverage is good to bring attention to a case, but, other than that, did you think they did a good job with the program? I think I remember that you've spoken with the Bishs in the past, so I just wanted to get your opinion.

I thought the program was good. I've been thinking about calling John Bish lately. We met last September. The Bish's are real people who have suffered a lot. They are also making a difference by doing child ID kits and other things.

You can read about the DNA initiative John and I attended here. There's also a picture of John and me. http://rachelcookesearch.org/DNAmeeting.html

Up2theminute
12-05-2003, 04:37 PM
Ok, here's a good article that talks about what I was mentioning earlier, how so much evidence was surfacing all at one time. There is mention of the DNA Bill that Mr. Cooke just mentioned.
We had this article when we were on the other server this summer but not all of the old articles have been re-posted. Since I can't quote the whole thing I'll just quote the part about what things they came upon this past June.

Meanwhile, DNA will most probably be detected from an upper arm bone found in the wooded area of Palmer where investigators were searching for clues in Molly's disappearance, officials announced Thursday.

The upper arm bone was cut in half. Half is at the state police lab, where they will do nuclear DNA testing. The other half was sent to the Bode Laboratory, where they will do mitochondrial DNA testing. Both labs have indicated that we will be able to get DNA," District Attorney John Conte said.

Officials said that they should know if they can get any DNA from the bones by Friday afternoon, and if DNA is present there will be further testing to determine if the bone is Molly's.

Searchers have been scouring a wooded area since a bathing suit was found about 5-miles from Cummins Pond, where Molly disappeared from her lifegaurding job in June 2000. Crews found one bone on Tuesday, and another three on Wednesday that were determined to belong to a human age 14 to 20 years old.

Despite three years of fallen foliage, the bones were found close to the surface of the ground.

"We believe that, if anything, it was a very shallow burial," Conte said. He said that investigators have been concentrating on a particular area, and are confident that they were getting closer to the point of origin of the bones.

A pair of shorts, a hairbrush, and a blanket were also found in the search area. Conte said that members of the Bish family were brought to the scene. None of the items were determined to belong to Molly.

Also this week, a hair "scrunchie" was found floating in the Quaboag River. Bode Lab indicated that there was DNA found on the hair band.

"We will know if it is a mixed sample. If it is a clear sample, we will be able to do further testing on the hair," Conte said.

I forgot to post the link for this article:
Boston Channel news June 5, 2003 (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/2251914/detail.html)

Up2theminute
12-05-2003, 04:42 PM
Here's an article about Holly Piirainen and Molly from this summer.

Murder Victims' Families Draw Strength From Each Other

Girls Both Found Murdered In Woods

POSTED: 4:45 p.m. EDT June 10, 2003
UPDATED: 6:13 p.m. EDT June 10, 2003

BOSTON -- Two families connected by tragedy now share an unbreakable bond.

The Boston Channel news (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/2261228/detail.html)

Up2theminute
12-05-2003, 04:47 PM
And after the remains were identified (also note where it is pointed out that 11 people failed the lie detector test):

Molly Bish's Remains Identified

Bones, Teeth Used To Make Identification
Jamy Pombo, Staff Writer

POSTED: 5:03 p.m. EDT June 9, 2003
UPDATED: 7:20 p.m. EDT June 9, 2003

WARREN, Mass. -- The remains of Molly Bish were identified Monday after human bones and teeth were found just miles away from the pond were the Warren teenager disappeared three years ago.

Boston Channel news (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/2258530/detail.html)

johnny
12-12-2003, 02:06 PM
The part about the dump truck leaving and her mother waiting for it to leave.

The idea that there are only two service stations in the town? Does this mean gat filling stations? How many repair shops are in the town? Mechanics have a fond memory of vehicles.

Something about the way she was lured doesn't add up.....she had an emergency radio and left it along with the first aid kit. The first aid kit was open? I think the person used the idea that a kid was injured and they needed help for them. The person was probably a strong man who is very confident in his ability.

I watched the story last night that a friend taped, and I didn't like a lot of things in the story.........

why did the hunter pick up the piece of bathing suit with his hands? Had he allready touched it? He was positive that it was part of the bathing suit...and the private investigator was right there and didn;t even try to stop him....(he surely new better being an ex cop) Makes it look like they placed that there to make a good story!

WasBlind
12-14-2003, 04:26 PM
To John and Magi, Heather and John, Jr.
I don't know if you will ever read this, but I am praying for you daily. I love you all very much, Lanie

Trino
12-25-2003, 07:18 AM
How could 11 people fail a lie detector test? Incredible!

WasBlind
01-30-2004, 10:15 AM
In loving memory of Molly Ann Bish, identified June 9, 2003
August 3, 1983 – June 27, 2000

Doyle
02-09-2004, 04:55 AM
Police are investigating three separate finds of tissue paper scrawled with the words, ``Molly Bish's murderer,'' followed by a series of numbers, investigators said.
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/localRegional.bg?articleid=1798

Up2theminute
02-09-2004, 05:43 AM
Can this thread be merged with the one that has just been created in "Located"? There is good discussion on this one and I would hate to see it get overlooked just because someone did not look to see where Molly's thread was here before starting a new one elsewhere.

Doyle
04-19-2004, 05:24 AM
John and Magdalen Bish were surrounded yesterday by many of the same people who helped find their daughter Molly's remains last summer, including police officers, civilian searchers, and local prosecutors. But the focus of their reunion wasn't to rehash the past: it was to commemorate a new beginning.

With a series of guest lecturers and a child safety fair, The Molly Bish Center for the Protection of Children and the Elderly officially opened at Anna Maria College. According to officials, including John Bish, its co-director, the center will be the first in the country to focus on preventing children from being abducted.
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2004/04/18/bish_center_aims_to_prevent_abductions/

WasBlind
04-19-2004, 05:04 PM
Doyle, can you merge this with the other thread for Molly? Thanks

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45

DustyRose
04-23-2004, 08:20 AM
New Bish case push: DA: Grand jury may help find killer

Investigators probing the June 2000 kidnapping and murder of Warren lifeguard Molly Bish will convene a special grand jury and summons more than 100 witnesses in a full court press to push the probe forward, Worcester County District Attorney John J. Conte confirmed yesterday.
"I'm very happy,'' said Molly's father, John Bish.
"I know the state police and Mr. Conte's office have worked very hard and kept us informed and we always have confidence that they will find the person who harmed Molly and I know they will.''
Conte said 16 to 23 people will sit on the grand jury for six months beginning in late May.
More than 100 witnesses will be called to testify, the DA added.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=3682

Doyle
05-17-2004, 05:09 AM
As a special Worcester County Grand Jury convenes Monday to hear evidence in the kidnapping murder of Molly Bish, her father said he will spend the weekend praying for help to make it through yet another test of his family's strength.

``We have a certain fear that we're going to learn more about what happened to Molly,'' the 16-year-old Warren lifeguard's father, John Bish, said yesterday. ``We need to know, but to hear what was done to her and who may have done it is going to be difficult.
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=27934

Juliana
05-21-2004, 04:35 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0521StolenCar21-ON.html

John Bish's car was stolen just after he completed his grand jury testimony.

Sounds like it was just a fluke and not in any way connected with Molly's murder.

I am praying this family will get some desperately-needed answers soon.

IMO

Megan
05-22-2004, 12:28 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0521StolenCar21-ON.html

John Bish's car was stolen just after he completed his grand jury testimony.

Sounds like it was just a fluke and not in any way connected with Molly's murder.

I am praying this family will get some desperately-needed answers soon.

IMO

Ick, as if he hasn't been through enough already. :(

Doyle
05-26-2004, 05:56 AM
The men who led police to a blue bathing suit in the Palmer woods were among the latest witnesses to testify before a special grand jury investigating the death of teenage lifeguard Molly Bish.

Rick Boudreau of Hardwick told The Republican newspaper that he spent about ten minutes describing how he found the bathing suit while hunting in late 2002. He said he hadn't realized the girl had been wearing a blue bathing suit when she disappeared from a town pond in Warren in June 2000 until he mentioned his discovery to a friend, Timothy McGuigan, last summer. The two returned to the area, found the suit and called police.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/B43574/

WasBlind
06-14-2004, 10:07 AM
I just received this on e-mail from a gal with the Bish Foundation. Thanks, Marti!!

"John got his car back - here's the article. I guess his wallet was gone."

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

John Bish's car is recovered at restaurant

T&G STAFF

WORCESTER- Police have recovered John J. Bish's car, three days after it was stolen outside Worcester County Courthouse.

Mr. Bish had just finished testifying before an investigative grand jury Thursday morning about the disappearance and death of his 16-year-old daughter, Molly A. Bish. The grand jury is hearing testimony from about 100 witnesses in the disappearance of Miss Bish, whose remains were discovered in June 2003 in Palmer.

Mr. Bish witnessed the theft of his 1997 Ford Escort while talking with someone on the State Street side of the courthouse.

Sgt. Gary J. Quitadamo, police spokesman, said police received a call at approximately 12:15 p.m. Sunday, reporting that Mr. Bish's vehicle was parked at the La Caza restaurant and bar, 387 Cambridge St.

According to Sgt. Quitadamo, the caller noticed the vehicle as early as 5 a.m. Friday morning, but thought it may have belonged to a patron of the bar. Sunday, after reading a newspaper account of the theft, the person called police.

Sgt. Quitadamo said there was minor damage to the right front fender and turn signal, but it was unclear if it was pre-existing damage. Police had not yet determined if anything was stolen from inside the vehicle.

WasBlind
08-03-2004, 04:20 PM
Prayers for justice for Molly and all who miss her so much.

www.mollybish.org/

I love y'all, Lanie :blowkiss:

Mom who cares
08-19-2004, 09:01 AM
I'm pretty sure 48 Hours is investigating this case tonight, might want to check it out.

Mom who cares
08-19-2004, 09:23 AM
This may be a repeat, but if you haven't seen it already, you might want to watch.

WasBlind
08-19-2004, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Mom who cares!! I have the tape, but my Mom taped that show and another on two different speeds and I cannot view it in Germany. I will bring it home and leave it there next trip back. I can watch one show, but not the one with Molly. *sigh*

Have not heard if they did a second show or not. I know Molly's case is one a lot are watching. We all pray for answers, and justice.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

WithoutATrace
08-19-2004, 10:21 AM
CBS aired the show last night @ 10 p.m. I think it was originally going to come on (Fri., August 20, 2004), but for some reason they aired it early.

Here is the link for 48 Hours. It may change throughout today, but this could show if they are going to air it again and the times.

WasBlind
10-02-2004, 08:47 AM
Molly, you will never be forgotten.

For John and Magi, and everyone at The Bish Foundation.
Much love, Lanie

Juliana
12-21-2004, 10:23 AM
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=57948

Hoping this results in answers for the Bishes...

Juliana
01-10-2005, 09:01 PM
I just googled Molly's name and found that the hunter who found her bathing suit, which eventually led to the discovery of Molly's body I believe, is an ex police officer who is writing a book about the disappearance of another local girl (Holly Pirrainen). How's that for a run-on sentence? I have had a bad feeling about this hunter guy (Tim McGuigan) for the last year or so. It is just way too coincidental. He finds a piece of Molly's swimsuit. He turns it in and this leads to the discovery of Molly (I believe). Then he is with producers from Dateline or 48 Hours and shows them the area where he previously found a piece of Molly's suit, and lo and behold he finds ANOTHER piece of Molly's suit just laying there, with the cameras rolling. Then he decides to write a book about the disappearance and murder of another local girl (Holly). I mean really!

Supposedly this guy is an ex police officer who left the force in disgrace prior to the disappearance of Molly (and perhaps Holly).

I don't know, this just doesn't sit right with me. But that is just my opinion and I really know very little about this case.

imo

LazyCat08
01-10-2005, 10:55 PM
I do agree that it's a weird situtation and I did always kind of wonder about that guy. Someone didn't come forward right away, I don't know if that was him or not. I never understood how the 2 pieces of the swim suit where found and missed the body in all the searching that was done. Unless it was moved....

I live near by, so I've paid a lot of attention to this case, I distinctly remember hearing the news when she first went missing.
Somewhere I read something about a cabin out in the woods where someone found a paper or a note on the door with information about/ or referring to Molly. I never did find out if there was any truth behind that story.

HOWEVER, apparently whe she was younger, Molly wrote a letter expressing concern to the family of another young girl who had disappeared from her grandmothers yard or something and I think was found murdered evetually. The family recognized Molly's name years later when she herself disappeared. That always gave me a slight chill... like it was a sign of what was to come or something...

Anyway, I think that the guy who found her suit was cleared with little or no room for doubt because it seems that he would be the prime suspect. I thought he was a hunter or something....

Juliana
01-11-2005, 12:39 AM
I do agree that it's a weird situtation and I did always kind of wonder about that guy. Someone didn't come forward right away, I don't know if that was him or not. I never understood how the 2 pieces of the swim suit where found and missed the body in all the searching that was done. Unless it was moved....

I live near by, so I've paid a lot of attention to this case, I distinctly remember hearing the news when she first went missing.
Somewhere I read something about a cabin out in the woods where someone found a paper or a note on the door with information about/ or referring to Molly. I never did find out if there was any truth behind that story.

HOWEVER, apparently whe she was younger, Molly wrote a letter expressing concern to the family of another young girl who had disappeared from her grandmothers yard or something and I think was found murdered evetually. The family recognized Molly's name years later when she herself disappeared. That always gave me a slight chill... like it was a sign of what was to come or something...

Anyway, I think that the guy who found her suit was cleared with little or no room for doubt because it seems that he would be the prime suspect. I thought he was a hunter or something....

Yes, the guy who found her swimsuit was a hunter and an ex-policeman. He found a piece of her suit, held on to it for a long while I believe, then called authorities. I believe they then found Molly's body, then month's later the hunter was showing Dateline or a similar show where he found the piece of her suit, and lo and behold, he found yet another piece of her suit with the cameras rolling.

The missing girl for whom Molly wrote a letter to the family was Holly P., the same girl who the hunter who found a piece of Molly's suit, wrote a book about. It is all way to connected for me, but I am sure that you are right and the hunter/policeman was checked out thoroughly.

Molly and her family have really touched me and I pray that they soon find the answers they need.

imo

gardenmom
01-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Yes, the guy who found her swimsuit was a hunter and an ex-policeman. He found a piece of her suit, held on to it for a long while I believe, then called authorities. I believe they then found Molly's body, then month's later the hunter was showing Dateline or a similar show where he found the piece of her suit, and lo and behold, he found yet another piece of her suit with the cameras rolling.

The missing girl for whom Molly wrote a letter to the family was Holly P., the same girl who the hunter who found a piece of Molly's suit, wrote a book about. It is all way to connected for me, but I am sure that you are right and the hunter/policeman was checked out thoroughly.

Molly and her family have really touched me and I pray that they soon find the answers they need.

imo

Juliana, that is just way too weird. Do you have any links about the hunter guy and his book?

Juliana
01-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Juliana, that is just way too weird. Do you have any links about the hunter guy and his book?

I'm having trouble finding a link with all the info; however, this article has some tidbits in it.

http://election.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/01/48hours/main586166.shtml

I did have one thing mixed up. A hunter originally found a piece of Molly's swimsuit and I think he held onto it for several months or maybe even a year. He was discussing Molly with a friend (McGuigan, the disgraced ex-cop) and remembers the piece of the swimsuit. They turn it over to police, and they determine it is Molly's suit and Molly's remains are eventually located. The hunter and McGuigan then take 48 Hours or Dateline on a tour of the area where the piece of the suit was originally found and then they find another piece of the swimsuit. The McGuigan guy is the one writing a book about Holly P. who also disappeared from the area. I'll keep looking for more info/links.

imo

nicbok
03-20-2005, 08:41 PM
I looked up this thread as there's a show on Aussie TV in the next few days about Molly Bish.
Did anyone else notice the weird thing mentioned in one of the articles, that women have been disappearing from towns beginning with W? "Dr. Kelly said there has been a bizarre pattern of attempted abductions and attacks on women near ponds and waterways throughout the state. He said women from Wales, Walpole, Westwood, and Weymouth have been attacked or killed in the past several years."

fran
03-28-2005, 10:18 AM
I looked up this thread as there's a show on Aussie TV in the next few days about Molly Bish.
Did anyone else notice the weird thing mentioned in one of the articles, that women have been disappearing from towns beginning with W? "Dr. Kelly said there has been a bizarre pattern of attempted abductions and attacks on women near ponds and waterways throughout the state. He said women from Wales, Walpole, Westwood, and Weymouth have been attacked or killed in the past several years."

nicbok: Do you have a link to the article about the mention of disappearances from towns starting with "W?" I've looked for it,(saw it months ago) and can't find it. FWIW, I came across another site last night that showed a 'serial killer' of prostitutes in a town beginning with 'w.'

About the hunter, former cop, etc. From what I read, the hunter had seen the 'blue' artcle of clothing months before he was talking to the disgraced cop turned author. It was during their conversation the hunter learned of the possible significance of the find and he led the ex-cop to the location where he'd found it and it was still there. I believe this is what led to discovering the remains of Molly. Anyway, it was during the filming of the show when the ex-cop found the additional evidence.

I'm sorry and this is just my OPINION, but I think LE should definitely look into this 'disgraced' cop, turned author. Look,.... from what I read, he turned to drugs and alcohol during the search for the 'other' missing girl and these addictions caused him his marriage and his job. Then he says he's writing a book, another girl goes missing under similar circumstances, he starts to get involved and gives LE 'hints' that lead to other finds. LE involved in Molly's case are grateful to him for he's been right on in his predictions. Plus, he keeps trying to lead LE to another person who just happened to volunteer to help for Molly. How convenient. Bet lots of locals volunteered in that search, imo.

This is way to coincidental,........after first girl goes missing, guy turns to drugs and alcohol, loses family and job and becomes obsessed with the case and (conveniently) finds clues leading to discovery of second missing girl. IMHO.......I believe there's more to this story. IMHO, IMO, IMOO

JMHO
fran

PS. Remember, there is no coincidence when it comes to murder...fran

nicbok
03-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Hi Fran, I'll go find the link again, it led off the Bish website I think.

I agree that the ex cop is dodgy but he has a watertight alibi - he was actually on duty as a police officer when Molly went missing. Or was that when Holly went missing? I can't recall now....will have to go check. My opinion is the cases are not linked. The only coincidence is geography. I think that simply because paeds tend to stick to the same "type" of victim, and in this case one was a child and one was a teenage girl - vast difference in the eyes of a predator. Not impossible but in my opinion not likely. I'll go look up those links for you.

nicbok
03-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Do you have the link to your W prostitute killer site? Was it anywhere near where Molly was killed?

The thing that bothers me is how he got her off that beach. She wasn't alone there, and her Dad said she would never have left her shoes to walk through the woods as it was a rough path and she would have hurt herself. So the theory that she was lured away doesn't work - if someone saud "could you come with me?" she would have put on her shoes. So it must have been by force - but no one saw anything???? Who else was on the beach?? They never mentioned anything. Unless the only witnesses are children? But then that begs the question why alarm bells didn't ring sooner, if this apparently responsible girl left children alone on the beach, when she was meant to be guarding their lives.....you know I am going back to that Boss thing someone mentioned. He didn't raise the alarm for quite a while. And he would be one of the few people who actually could have lured her away without question. If he said "come now" she would have, he was her boss, new job, she would have gone with him immediately. I wonder what his alibi was?

nicbok
03-28-2005, 06:15 PM
http://www.mollybish.org/ This is the family's website and the article is part of the website -

http://www.mollybish.org/new_page_7.htm

nicbok
03-28-2005, 06:19 PM
I don't place alot of credence in this Dr Kelly after this stupid statement - “All these incidents were out by the woods near a pond in a secluded section,” he said. “All of them start with W's. Too many coincidences. Police may be dealing with some kind of outdoors, schizophrenic type of person.”

Why on earth would he say the person was probably schizophrenic?? that unfairly labels everyone suffering from this illness as violent and dangerous which is simply untrue, plus I wouldn't say this person was in any way like that. He's careful and well planned and organised and left no traces, and indeed concealed the body for several years.

fran
03-28-2005, 06:31 PM
nicbok said, "Do you have the link to your W prostitute killer site? Was it anywhere near where Molly was killed?"

It's the second story down I believe. I'm not familiar with Mass., and I haven't time to even look at a map.
Hope this helps.
fran

http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller_news/HUDSON_MARLBORO_serial_killer.php

nicbok
03-28-2005, 08:35 PM
I think Worcester was one of the towns mentioned by Dr thingy

nicbok
03-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Interesting reading (but difficult, that tiny font and no paragraphs!). But I don't think connected to Molly, "..All three were petite Hispanic women from Worcester with a history of drug use and prostitution" so VERY different from Molly. The other women were also in their late 20's/early 30's, Molly was 16.

OriginalJerseyGirl
03-29-2005, 08:05 AM
and her Dad said she would never have left her shoes to walk through the woods as it was a rough path and she would have hurt herself.
Unless she heard something in the distance that required her immediate attention ... car crash, child screaming - something that would make someone jump up & run towards the sound to check it out. Or someone coming after her while she was on the beach and her running to get away. Or someone she knew calling her over and she went without a second thought. The third possibility seems the most likely.

fran
03-29-2005, 09:26 AM
nicbok:
I apologize if you thought I was linking the prostitute killings to Molly's, that wasn't my intent. I was just pointing it out as a point of interest and the fact that there appears to be a serial killer yet I get the impression LE hasn't advised the public. Of course, I don't live there, so maybe they have.
Anyway, that's an entirely different case.....probably.
The day that Molly was abducted, it's my understanding she got to the watering hole before anyone else. The first guests, I believe a mom and her children arrived about 1/2 hour after Molly, but she was gone by then. The owner of the place arrived awhile later and when he didn't find Molly he called LE. It wasn't until sometime later that they contacted her parents. This is what I remember reading, anyway, and could be wrong.

The fact that the first aid kit was opened tells me that was part of the plan to abduct Molly, a momentary distraction in order to overtake her.

I don't know about this other case, I'd have to dig deeper when I have more time. But, when LE are looking for a missing person, they tell the public to try to think of someone who has changed their "pattern of living" since the occurance or changed their appearance. One of the things they say is sometimes the person (perp) will begin to drink heavily. This ex cop fits that bill. Then he gets heavily involved in the 'search.' He becomes obsessed. He's LE at the time and former LE during Molly's abduction. He knows ways to not get caught or to hide his crime. What possible evidence LE would be looking for. (remember, the BTK guy had a degree in admin. justice. He knew how not to get caught).

This former cop finds evidence (twice) of where Molly was eventually located. He told LE, previous to Molly's discovery, the type of place where the perp may have taken Molly, .........and he was right. He's trying to throw suspicion on someone else. Does he think he's smarter than everyone else? Smarter than LE?

I don't know, my hinky meter is way up on him. But, like I said, I'd have to spend more time researching both cases to give further opinion. I just know what it looks like to me from what I've seen so far. So, this is just IMO, IMOO, IMHO. Something to think about.

JMHO
fran

Grassyknoll2
03-29-2005, 06:11 PM
First, it is sad to see someone who has worked very hard to help two families find their daughters and find out what happened to them discussed this way. I have seen many on this site become obsessed with particular cases or with the whole aspect of missing persons in general......I suspect that Tim Mcguigan started out with a similar obsession...but for him it would have been different, he was not at arms length...he was dealing with the families of Holly and later Molly. He had the courage even after all that he went through because of his involvement with Holly's case to want to help the family of Molly Bish.

Second, there are a few inaccuracies that have been posted here that could be cleared up by reading the following links:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/01/48hours/main586143.shtml
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/01/48hours/main586151.shtml
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/01/48hours/main586166.shtml

In Holly's case, the person Tim Mcguigan suspects was a local and has since
has been arrested numerous times on petty offenses, and pleaded guilty to assault against his own daughter according to CBS. He now resides in NH.

In Molly's case, there was speculation that there were others around...according to CBS Molly's Mom dropped her off just before 10 a.m. The lot was empty, except for a dump truck dropping off a load of sand, and her other then waited for the dump truck to drive out before she drove away. The following, I've always found disturbing:

Police at first suspected that Molly had simply abandoned her post to go and hang out with her friends. But for people who knew Molly, that sounded almost impossible.

“She never would just leave her job. We knew it,” says Magi. “We knew. And I kept saying something is very wrong.” ......Later that afternoon, when it finally became clear to police that Molly wasn't with her boyfriend or any of her buddies, they moved on to what they considered the next logical possibility. "They were saying she drowned and I was saying there's no possible way,” says her brother, John. Why is it that precious time is so frequently wasted in searching for someone because police won't listen to families.....why do they so often presume to know the person better than those who are closest to them...Later Magi Bish, Molly's mom had this to say:
"I could read in their eyes, they wanted to bring Molly home so bad and they couldn't,” says Magi. "You can lose your keys, and you can lose your glasses, but how in America do you lose your child?”

I believe Tim Mcguigan worked with a criminal profiler on Molly Bish's case by the name of John Kelly. John Kelly, based on his backgroud predicted that Molly's body would be found on higher ground. The hunter's name was Ricky Boudreau who had seen the piece of Molly's suit months before he lead Tim Mcguigan to it....in another article I read that although he had seen it, he dismissed it because it was blue not red, and he had assumed that since Molly was a lifeguard she would be wearing a red bathing suit. Because of the finding, Tim Mcguigan contacted the police who searched the area and found Molly. Later when they were filming the story....after forensic teams had searched the area, Tim Mcguigan found another piece of the bathing suit and was visibly disturbed that the forensic teams had missed it. It appeared, from the story when I watched it, that it is because of Tim Mcguigan's not giving up on finding Molly Bish and his willingness to talk about the case and listen to anybody who had something to say that Molly was brought home to her family.

Grassyknoll2
03-29-2005, 06:21 PM
I also just found this which appears on the Forum for Molly Bish, but appears to be a newspaper article.....
Legal tiff over evidence in Molly case

Date: 08 Aug 2003
Time: 19:43:46

Comments

Thursday, August 7, 2003 Legal tiff over evidence in Molly case Investigator tells of new find Bradford L. Miner TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF Timothy S. McGuigan stands recently near a memorial in East Brimfield where Holly Piirainen's remains were found in 1993. A former police patrolman who is writing a book about the killings of two Central Massachusetts girls is in the middle of a legal tug-of-war between the Worcester district attorney's office and CBS regarding a videotape showing possible evidence in one case. Timothy S. McGuigan of Auburn, an unemployed police officer who worked five years in North Brookfield and six weeks in Sturbridge, has been the object of speculation because of his investigation of the killings of Molly Anne Bish of Warren and Holly Piirainen of Grafton. Mr. McGuigan talked about his unauthorized investigation of Holly's abduction; a scrap of blue bathing suit in Molly's case found on Whiskey Hill in Palmer after state police had completed a search of the area; and a subpoena for a CBS film crew's videotape of the possible additional evidence. And at some point this fall, Mr. McGuigan will likely have an opportunity to tell his story to a national audience during a segment taped for "CBS 48 Hours Investigates." The program will look at the ongoing investigation of the Bish and Piirainen abductions. "I really don't care what anyone says or thinks about what I've done," Mr. McGuigan. "I only want to see justice served." Others see it differently. District Attorney John J. Conte declined to comment on Mr. McGuigan's involvement in Molly's case, and told reporters as recently as Saturday that there are seven primary suspects, all of whom live in the Warren area and some of whom are convicted sex offenders. Mr. McGuigan said he has provided state police with a DNA sample but refused to take a polygraph test. On May 28, members of the Bish and Piirainen families join other families whose children were killed to mark Massachusetts Children's Day at the Statehouse in Boston. Asked why he would not take a lie detector test, Mr. McGuigan said, "The DA has made a point of the fact that 11 people have failed a polygraph test. Am I going to make it an even dozen? It's an investigative tool, and that's all it is." A CBS producer has corroborated Mr. McGuigan's assertion that the Worcester district attorney's office is trying to obtain the CBS film crew's videotape of the recovery of another piece of blue bathing suit from Whiskey Hill after the intensive June search of the wooded Palmer hillside for Molly's skeletal remains and other physical evidence had concluded. State police detectives from Hampden and Worcester counties continue to look for breaks in the two cases involving Holly, who was 10 when she was abducted Aug. 5, 1993, in Sturbridge, and Molly, who was 16 when she was abducted June 27, 2000, in Warren. A single suspect in both cases has not been ruled out by investigators. Holly was staying at her grandmother's cottage on South Pond in Sturbridge. She went for a walk with her brother, Zachary, to visit a neighbor's puppies and was abducted near the intersection of Allen Road and South Shore Drive. Hunters found her remains Oct. 23, 1993, on Five Bridge Road in East Brimfield. Molly was reporting for lifeguard duty when she disappeared from the town beach at Comins Pond in Warren. Partial skeletal remains of the teenager were found on the steep, wooded Palmer hillside in early June. Mr. McGuigan said he has had a compelling interest in the Piirainen case since November 2000. In May, he led state police detectives to the blue bathing suit Molly was likely wearing the day she vanished. That evidence spawned a search that culminated in 40 percent of Molly's remains being recovered by searchers. "It hasn't been an easy road by any means, and I've dealt with some difficult personal issues along the way, including a divorce, but I wouldn't have done anything differently," Mr. McGuigan said. Mr. McGuigan said he and Ricky Boudreau of West Hardwick led a CBS film crew to the site where the blue bathing suit was recovered. Mr. Boudreau, a hunter, first encountered the piece of clothing partially hidden beneath leaves while bow hunting for deer last November near the Nenameseck Sportmen's Club in Palmer. "When we went up there, it was no longer a crime scene. They (the film crew) wanted to see where we found the suit, and we showed them," Mr. McGuigan said. "They had been filming for a while and Ricky looked down, turning over some leaves, and came up with a 1-inch by ½-inch piece of blue material, the same material from the swimsuit, possibly a piece from the shoulder strap. They've got the whole thing on tape," he said. Mr. McGuigan said Mr. Boudreau handed the scrap of cloth to Miguel Sancho, CBS 48 Hours producer, who then gave it to the state police. "Rather than thank us, District Attorney John J. Conte issued a subpoena to CBS to secure the tape," he said. Reached at his office in New York City, Mr. Sancho confirmed that Mr. Conte has taken legal steps to obtain the tapes. "We haven't been given a reason, and he (the district attorney) hasn't come out and said McGuigan is a suspect. McGuigan has been more than willing to talk to the district attorney both before and after the discovery of the swimsuit," Mr. Sancho said. He confirmed Mr. McGuigan's account of the events about when the additional evidence was found. "We're resisting the subpoena, and we've filed a motion and a brief. There's supposed to be a hearing and oral arguments at some point in Superior Court in Worcester, but I haven't been told when," Mr. Sancho said. On May 16, Mr. McGuigan led state police detectives to a site 100 yards east of West Ware Road in Palmer to where two orange snow scrapers marked the location of a one-piece, lifeguard-style blue bathing suit. Mr. McGuigan said his introduction into Molly's case was a simple matter of responding to police instincts. He said that in May he was dating Shelley Boudreau, sister of the hunter who had found the bathing suit. "She suggested we go to her brother's house. While we were sitting, talking at the kitchen table, Ricky happened to mention a blue bathing suit he'd found in the woods in Warren while deer hunting last November. That was May 14. "I told him it might be significant to the Bish case, and he said he thought lifeguard bathing suits were orange. I asked him to show me the next day where he found the suit," Mr. McGuigan said. Mr. McGuigan said he, Mr. Boudreau and a friend, Jay Harrington, met the next day, went to the Nenameseck Sportsmen's Club, parked and walked up into the woods on the other side of West Ware Road. "We were about 100 yards off the road, and Jay and I were ahead. Ricky shouted, "I found it,' and we turned around. He picked up the suit and put it down," he said. Mr. McGuigan said he used a cell phone to try to call his friend Trooper Robert E. Benoit of Oakham. Trooper Benoit, a 29-year state police veteran, is assigned to the Brookfield barracks. "He wasn't home, but his wife suggested I call Troop C headquarters in Holden. Two hours later, we're being eaten alive by bugs, and it was getting late, and no one had shown up," Mr. McGuigan said. He said he drove to Ware and asked for assistance from the first officer he encountered, Patrolman Paul Skutnik. "I told him what I had, and he came up to the scene. I asked him if he had any crime scene tape, and he said no, just the orange snow scrapers that we used to mark the site," he said. "The officer also informed us that we weren't in Ware or Warren, but in Palmer," he said. Mr. McGuigan said that the next day, May 16, he spoke to Trooper Benoit, who assured him that state police detectives and state police crime scene services were on their way to the scene. "I took pictures that morning of the bathing suit, before they arrived, just to protect myself. I suspected then, based on what I had found on the Internet describing what Molly was wearing when she disappeared, that this was her bathing suit," Mr. McGuigan said. "We walked up into the woods, and I was surprised they (police) didn't have a shovel. They had to borrow a knife to cut away some of the roots. They put the bathing suit into a bag, gathered up some leaves and left," he said. Asked what sparked his interest in the Piirainen case, Mr. McGuigan said he looks back on Nov. 30, 2000, as a day that would change his life. He was working then as a North Brookfield patrolman. According to retired Police Chief Peter C. Fullam, Mr. McGuigan was "an exemplary officer." Mr. McGuigan said a woman, whose identity he withheld, told him she was referred to him by a part-time West Brookfield patrolman. "The gist of this woman's story was that she had overheard a conversation her boyfriend was having, during which he admitted direct involvement in Holly's abduction and murder, as well as the destruction of evidence," he said. "I was stunned by what she told me, but I tried not to show it. This is the kind of tip that some guys in law enforcement go 30 years and never get," he said. At that time, the 7-year-old investigation into Holly Piirainen's killing was still an active case under the Hampden County district attorney's office. Lt. Peter J. Higgins has confirmed that Mr. McGuigan had provided information to the Hampden County district attorney's office and that detectives had followed up on it. "Because of the politics of police work, I knew if I started poking around I was going to step on toes. I knew I couldn't do it alone, so I called Bobby Benoit," Mr. McGuigan said. "Trooper Benoit and I knew each other, and more importantly, trusted each other. Based on the woman's story, we started interviewing people together," he said. Less than three months later, Mr. McGuigan said, Trooper Benoit received an order from a superior officer instructing him to cease any on- or off-duty investigation of either case. "When Bob received the letter, that's when he stopped, but I continued to poke around," he said. Mr. McGuigan has two primary suspects in the Holly Piirainen case who may have been working together and discounts speculation Holly's death might have been the result of a traffic accident. The former patrolman said he investigated scores of traffic accidents while working as a patrolman and there was no evidence at Allen Road and South Shore Drive to suggest Holly was hit by a car. "If someone had hit the child, why would they have bothered to stop and pick her up? That's why these accidents are called hit and run. Assuming someone did hit her by accident, why wouldn't they have brought her to the nearest hospital for medical attention?" he said. Mr. McGuigan said his compulsion with the Holly Piirainen case ultimately cost him his job on the Sturbridge police force. "I was spending a lot of time on the Holly case and Chief (Thomas R.) Button and I didn't see eye to eye," he said. "I handed over the entire investigation I had been working on since North Brookfield and after six weeks resigned." Chief Button could not be reached for comment. As for similarities between the cases, Mr. McGuigan stated, "In both cases you have a person smart enough to leave no evidence at the crime scene. You have a victim that's consistent in appearance, despite the age difference, and profilers will tell you that many times, as a predator ages, his victims are older as well." Continuing, he said, "In both cases, the bodies of the victims were found within five miles of the point where they were abducted. The person or persons who committed these crimes didn't want to be seen and certainly didn't want the victims to be seen, so on instinct each was taken to a wooded area, indicating a person who is comfortable in the woods." "I have no knowledge of how these children were killed, but there are similarities in the two cases, and I believe they both were sex crimes," Mr. McGuigan said. The clear differences in the case, Mr. McGuigan said, is that Holly's abduction had to be chance, while there is some indication that Molly was stalked before she was abducted. http://www.mollybish.org/forum5/disc3_frm.htm

nicbok
03-30-2005, 07:41 AM
Hi Grassy, WOW I wish I hadn't clicked on this post at 11pm just before bed as I really want to read it in detail with a clear head. One thing I did want to mention was his obsession (and McGuigan admits himself he did have an obsession) with Holly's case cost him his marriage and seeing his own children, and personally I don't feel what he's achieved could be worth that. His own children deserve so much more, and he's given that time to another family's child.

silver
03-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Nicboc,

Tim McGuigan does not need me to defend his honor but I will comment on your post.

Your assessment of Tim McGuigan and his relationship with his children is offensive to me. Do you know Tim? Do you know that he doesn’t see his children?

You “don’t feel what he’s achieved could be worth that.” The answer to that could only come from Tim himself, his family, and the families of Molly Bish and Holly Piirainen.

Tim brought Molly home. Do you have any understanding or sensitivity to what these families are going through and will always go through? My belief is that Tim is well aware of it and it may possibly have contributed to his ‘obsession.’ There is no comparison with writing on a forum and sitting across the table from a person who has a loved one missing or murdered.

nicbok
03-31-2005, 12:19 AM
Nicboc,

Tim McGuigan does not need me to defend his honor but I will comment on your post.

Your assessment of Tim McGuigan and his relationship with his children is offensive to me. Do you know Tim? Do you know that he doesn’t see his children?

You “don’t feel what he’s achieved could be worth that.” The answer to that could only come from Tim himself, his family, and the families of Molly Bish and Holly Piirainen.

Tim brought Molly home. Do you have any understanding or sensitivity to what these families are going through and will always go through? My belief is that Tim is well aware of it and it may possibly have contributed to his ‘obsession.’ There is no comparison with writing on a forum and sitting across the table from a person who has a loved one missing or murdered.

Silver, what I said came DIRECTLY from McGuigan himself from the 48 hours program. He himself said that he no longer saw his children, that his marriage had failed. It is not my assessment at all, but McGuigan's assessment from his own mouth.

nicbok
03-31-2005, 12:24 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/01/48hours/main586143.shtml

“What’s bigger in life than getting a predator off the street before he grabs somebody else,” asks McGuigan, who admits that the case began to take over his life. He started drinking heavily, his marriage fell apart, and in August 2002, he left the force and drifted from job to job.

nicbok
03-31-2005, 12:28 AM
I still stand by what I said - he did indeed do alot of good I am sure in his investigations, but at what cost? Are you seriously saying that it's worth it for him to have lost his own in family in order to have found a bit of a bathing suit? I would refute that he "brought Molly home" - he didn't actually find her body. He found something that led to that. It's probably she would ahve been found at some point anyway. I'm not saying that he did no good at all, I am saying that if he lost his own family in the process of what he did, then that's too high a price to pay in my opinion. You can never get a childhood back, once gone it's gone forever, and if he BY HIS OWN ADMISSION was spending all his time searching for Holly's killer and not with his own family then I cannot say that's a good thing.

oceanblueeyes
04-10-2005, 10:56 PM
I just received this on e-mail from a gal with the Bish Foundation. Thanks, Marti!!

"John got his car back - here's the article. I guess his wallet was gone."

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

John Bish's car is recovered at restaurant

T&G STAFF

WORCESTER- Police have recovered John J. Bish's car, three days after it was stolen outside Worcester County Courthouse.

Mr. Bish had just finished testifying before an investigative grand jury Thursday morning about the disappearance and death of his 16-year-old daughter, Molly A. Bish. The grand jury is hearing testimony from about 100 witnesses in the disappearance of Miss Bish, whose remains were discovered in June 2003 in Palmer.

Mr. Bish witnessed the theft of his 1997 Ford Escort while talking with someone on the State Street side of the courthouse.

Sgt. Gary J. Quitadamo, police spokesman, said police received a call at approximately 12:15 p.m. Sunday, reporting that Mr. Bish's vehicle was parked at the La Caza restaurant and bar, 387 Cambridge St.

According to Sgt. Quitadamo, the caller noticed the vehicle as early as 5 a.m. Friday morning, but thought it may have belonged to a patron of the bar. Sunday, after reading a newspaper account of the theft, the person called police.

Sgt. Quitadamo said there was minor damage to the right front fender and turn signal, but it was unclear if it was pre-existing damage. Police had not yet determined if anything was stolen from inside the vehicle.

Does anyone know if the Grand Jury came back on anything concerning Molly's case?

Ocean

Bobbisangel
04-11-2005, 05:51 AM
I just found this site and am wondering if there are updates or not.

I found it really odd that 11 people failed a polygraph. It sounds to me like there is something wrong with the machine or the person who is giving the poly. How could 11 people fail. That can't be right. I don't blame Tim for refusing to take the test. I would normally say "no problem" to taking a poly but even I would have refused that one. Another machine and person giving the test and that would be fine.....not that one though.

I don't think this ex-police officer is the first cop who has gotten really caught up in a case of a missing child. These guys are human with emotions like the rest of us. He states that he doesn't regret a thing that he has done concerning the missing 10 yr old. If he is satisfied then I don't think it is up to us to tear him apart. We don't know the whole story of the loss of his marriage or if he sees his kids or not. For all we know his marriage might have been on the rocks before he became so involved in the missing little girl case.

I do commend him for not giving up. For the cold cases that have been solved there is always that one cop, detective, investigator, that refused to give up.

RCOOKE
04-11-2005, 02:25 PM
I just saw John and Magi Bish yesterday. There aren't any mejor updates.

nicbok
04-12-2005, 01:33 AM
Do you know what the Bish's opinion on it is? Who do they believe killed Molly?

RCOOKE
04-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Do you know what the Bish's opinion on it is? Who do they believe killed Molly?

I'm sorry, but even if I knew that information I wouldn't share it here. Some things are not meant to go public. Anyone can be reading this. I think I remember John saying the Grand Jury is still open. That information should be public if you can find it.

I would like to share that the Molly Bish Foundation has done child identity kits for over 75,000 children. They hope to break 100,000 this year. John and Magi are working hard to protect children with this and other programs.

nicbok
04-12-2005, 06:13 PM
I'm sorry, but even if I knew that information I wouldn't share it here. Some things are not meant to go public. Anyone can be reading this. I think I remember John saying the Grand Jury is still open. That information should be public if you can find it.

I would like to share that the Molly Bish Foundation has done child identity kits for over 75,000 children. They hope to break 100,000 this year. John and Magi are working hard to protect children with this and other programs.
No problem, I worded it badly, I didn't mean an actual name, what I meant was if they thought it was a random stranger abduction and someone the police have not found yet or if it was one of the hundreds police had already talked to. I'm not 100% familiar with your law system - does the Grand Jury just confirm it was a homicide by persons unknown? It doesn't deal with any suspects etc? It would be the same as our Coroner's Inquest I suppose.

nicbok
04-12-2005, 06:24 PM

Oh and I also apologize for asking, it was a silly thing to ask. Of course that information would be private. Can you tell us some more about the child identity kits?

nicbok
04-12-2005, 06:36 PM
I just went to your website Mr Cooke and what a completely beautiful daughter you have. I was in tears reading your story. Praying that Rachel comes home to you.

I have an Australian Missing Persons site and have just been working with a family whose 27 yr old son was missing, it's true here also that it's difficult to get older missing persons taken seriously.

Nicole
www.supernerd.com.au/~glittercot (http://www.supernerd.com.au/~glittercot)

RCOOKE
04-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Here is some information about the Molly Bish Foundation. http://www.mollybish.org/new_page_8.htm

John and Magi and still working full time jobs but spend many many hours speaking and doing children ID kits.

mysteriew
06-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Marking the five years since Molly Bish vanished from her lifeguard station at a town pond, the town of Warren plans to gather to remember the slain teenager this evening. The remembrance is being held a day after a fund-raising caravan of nearly 1,300 motorcyclists rode through Central Massachusetts to help other abducted children come home safely. For John and Magdalen Bish, today's anniversary of their daughter's disappearance remains emotionally punishing. The day sharpens the pain of their loss and the memories of her disappearance, they said.

The Worcester district attorney's office announced last week that the investigation had uncovered new leads in the Bish case, but did not release specifics, citing the secrecy of grand jury proceedings. There have been no arrests. More than 250 witnesses have been called and more than 70 exhibits have been examined, authorities said.

While grateful to the grand jury for its work, John Bish said he has mixed emotions about breaks in the case. He wants Molly's killer to be found and punished, but is wary of reliving the past through a trial. ''In some ways, I don't really want a trial," he said. ''My greatest concern right now is to bring peace to my family."

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2005/06/27/bish_disappearance_remembered_on_5th_anniversary/

nicbok
06-27-2005, 10:25 PM
Praying for justice for Molly

mysteriew
06-28-2005, 02:42 PM
The family of Molly Anne Bish yesterday marked the area near where her remains were found with a white cross made by students at Quaboag Regional High School.

The morning ceremony took place at the same time of day that Bish was discovered missing from her lifeguard post at Comins Pond five years ago.

http://www.masslive.com/hampfrank/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-0/111994521357761.xml&coll=1

mysteriew
08-21-2005, 03:01 PM
John Bish is praising a new Web site that shows parents where sex offenders live.

The Web site, mapsexoffenders.com, combines a mapping program with 38 states' data on sex offenders. Type in an address and a map pops up with sex offenders identified with red dots.
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=98968

OriginalJerseyGirl
08-21-2005, 03:06 PM
What an awesome site, mysteriew! Maybe you should post it to the Jessica's Law thread or the sexoffender.com thread as well.

mysteriew
08-21-2005, 03:14 PM
What an awesome site, mysteriew! Maybe you should post it to the Jessica's Law thread or the sexoffender.com thread as well.

Thank you and I will!

lostfaith
08-21-2005, 07:15 PM
I went to the mapsexoffenders.com site. It is an excellent site! My state, Wisconsin, unfortunaltly is not on it. It said Wisconsin does not provide street addresses of sex offenders. That kinda pissed me off! 38 other sites see the need to do it, and keep their children state, but not my state. Now I am wondering what I can do about it. Any suggestions.

mysteriew
08-21-2005, 07:43 PM
I went to the mapsexoffenders.com site. It is an excellent site! My state, Wisconsin, unfortunaltly is not on it. It said Wisconsin does not provide street addresses of sex offenders. That kinda pissed me off! 38 other sites see the need to do it, and keep their children state, but not my state. Now I am wondering what I can do about it. Any suggestions.

First verify: Check the national sex offender database, and your states sex offender database. If they don't list the offenders addresses, then you complain/let others know. Letters to your state reps. Letters and emails to local media. Letters to the media, local radio channels often have community talk shows, letters to the editor of local papers. Try to get others to make complaints also. Try to get others to complain also. The more public complaints the more likely that the elected officials will listen. Point out that other states are listing the offenders home addresses and many are listing their work addresses. (Then throw in a plea to get life sentences for second convictions/or to get GPS on them). Emphasize how important it is to monitor the sex offenders/ how prevalent the problem is/ how everyone should have the right to know when they have a rapist or child molester living next door.

OriginalJerseyGirl
08-21-2005, 08:26 PM
I went to the mapsexoffenders.com site. It is an excellent site! My state, Wisconsin, unfortunaltly is not on it. It said Wisconsin does not provide street addresses of sex offenders. That kinda pissed me off! 38 other sites see the need to do it, and keep their children state, but not my state. Now I am wondering what I can do about it. Any suggestions.Congress.org -- Write To Congress, the President and State Legislators (http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/)

Congress.org - Find National and Local Media (http://www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/media/)

Here you can write to legislators on the federal, state, and local levels and find both local and national media. I would type up a good, concise letter, and start sending it off to anyone and everyone that you can.

Mysteriew also is right about making people aware, and getting them to join your fight.

lostfaith
08-21-2005, 10:35 PM
thanks, Jersey and Mysteriew, good ideas, I will definately look into it. I did check the state website and the local police dept. website and they do not list addresses. one website tells you only what county they are in, the other tells you the city or town, but not where in that town. I am glad there were only 3 listed for my town, actually it is a village, but in a town of only under a thousand people, 3 is a lot! And I would like to know exactly where in my village those 3 are. They did not care about their victims privacy, why should we be concerned with thiers?

Thanx for the ideas, I will look into them.

OriginalJerseyGirl
08-21-2005, 10:58 PM
They did not care about their victims privacy, why should we be concerned with thiers?That's the worst ... I'd rather know nothing at all than to know 1/2 of the information. They give you just enough to be paranoid rather than informed. Makes no sense whatsoever.

mysteriew
08-21-2005, 11:27 PM
thanks, Jersey and Mysteriew, good ideas, I will definately look into it. I did check the state website and the local police dept. website and they do not list addresses. one website tells you only what county they are in, the other tells you the city or town, but not where in that town. I am glad there were only 3 listed for my town, actually it is a village, but in a town of only under a thousand people, 3 is a lot! And I would like to know exactly where in my village those 3 are. They did not care about their victims privacy, why should we be concerned with thiers?

Thanx for the ideas, I will look into them.

Good way to put it. And don't let yourself get discouraged, you can make a difference in your state. But it won't come easy. It will take a lot of talking, and a lot of letters. But, keep in mind a lot of legislators may be thinking of this but are waiting for the public to ask for it.

emma l
08-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Please visit Heavens website and look at her age progression.

http://www.findheaven.net/

There is also a guestbook to leave messages.

mysteriew
11-13-2005, 11:18 PM
When a Connecticut salesman was charged with trying to kidnap a New York teenager from her school parking lot Halloween night, police believed it was a random, isolated abduction attempt.

Two weeks later, the man whose work van contained a tarp and a noose that night in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., is being investigated in at least three states for unsolved sex and murder cases.

Investigators are looking at crimes dating back as far as 1988 to see if there's a connection to 49-year-old John Regan, a married father of three now facing his second kidnapping charge in just over a year.

Detectives are reviewing Regan's business trips to Sturbridge, Mass., to see whether he was in nearby Warren when 16-year-old lifeguard Molly Bish disappeared on June 27, 2000.

"I'm glad they're looking at him," said Molly's father, John Bish, who discussed Regan's case with investigators. "I'm glad they're taking things seriously."

Across upstate New York, state troopers are reviewing abduction cases.
http://cbs4boston.com/local/local_story_317155601.html

bugaboo
11-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Here's another link from our paper here in CT. It's a bit more detailed.

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-apsuspect1114.artnov14,0,4306037.story?coll=hc-headlines-local

mysteriew
11-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Detectives in Massachusetts are reviewing Regan's business trips to Sturbridge to see whether he was in nearby Warren when 16-year-old Molly disappeared in June 2000. Her body was found years later in the woods near where she disappeared.

Molly's father, John Bish, said he's discussed Regan's case with investigators and is glad they're looking into him. The family issued this statement:

"We are grateful that police are looking into this individual. Saratoga is in close proximity, and the man ties to Connecticut and has been in our area on business. We are frightened to hear about incidents like this and grateful the girl in Saratoga got away. We are concerned that there might be a connection to Molly but don't want to get to ahead of ourselves."
http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/headlines/?ArID=156912&SecID=33

Bobbisangel
11-15-2005, 01:51 AM
Here's another link from our paper here in CT. It's a bit more detailed.

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-apsuspect1114.artnov14,0,4306037.story?coll=hc-headlines-local

After reading the full article it is easy to see why this guy wasn't charged for years for a rape that happened in 1993. This really ticks me off. If you and your family have enough money and a prominent name in town you can get away with just about anything.

This guy reminds me of Dennis Rader. Only this guy was the perfect father...at all of his kids games, etc. A family man on the outside and a monster on the inside.

If this guy was accused of kidnaping or attempted kidnaping twice in a year why wasn't he in jail? What is up with that? It sounds like everytime he gets himself into trouble....rape, kidnaping...nothing happens to him. I'll bet he has gotten away with a lot more then was in that article. I won't be surprised if he wasn't in the areas of some of these missing kids. I hope they can hang his butt.

mysteriew
11-20-2005, 11:27 PM
It's been a busy week for Magdalen Bish. The first-grade teacher from Massachusetts has been preparing for the school's pilgrim pageant, holding parent conferences and getting ready for her family's Thanksgiving gathering.

In between it all, she's had to confront fresh questions about her 16-year-old daughter's abduction and killing. "It's been tough for us," said Bish, who came to Connecticut Saturday with her husband, John, to deliver a talk on child safety at the University of New Haven.

Molly Bish vanished from her lifeguard post at a pond near her home in the tiny town of Warren, Mass., on June 27, 2000. Police recovered her remains nearly three years later.

"She came home bone by bone," Magi Bish recalled. "First her shin bone, then her skull. ... In the end, 26 of Molly's bones came home to us."

Regan, who remains in a psychiatric facility in upstate New York, has not been charged in the Bish case. His lawyer, E. Stewart Jones, said investigators are overreacting and will turn up nothing.
http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-bish1120.artnov20,0,1149756.story?coll=hc-headlines-home

fran
11-21-2005, 12:56 AM
"She came home bone by bone," Magi Bish recalled. "First her shin bone, then her skull. ... In the end, 26 of Molly's bones came home to us."

OHMyGosh! How horrifying! I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

It truly makes me want to cry.

fran

PS...We have a thread on this guy in 'crimes' section. IMO, even if he isn't responsible for Molly, I bet anything they're going to find he's responsible for others. They've started a task force, just for him and checking out his past twenty years............fran

englishleigh
11-21-2005, 08:37 AM
Maura and Brianna, too, possibly?

bugaboo
11-23-2005, 12:42 PM
http://www.wfsb.com/Global/story.asp?S=4158905

Not much detail, but I guess he's not our guy. I was hoping we could have found some resolution. :(

concernedperson
11-23-2005, 05:58 PM
It's been a busy week for Magdalen Bish. The first-grade teacher from Massachusetts has been preparing for the school's pilgrim pageant, holding parent conferences and getting ready for her family's Thanksgiving gathering.

In between it all, she's had to confront fresh questions about her 16-year-old daughter's abduction and killing. "It's been tough for us," said Bish, who came to Connecticut Saturday with her husband, John, to deliver a talk on child safety at the University of New Haven.

Molly Bish vanished from her lifeguard post at a pond near her home in the tiny town of Warren, Mass., on June 27, 2000. Police recovered her remains nearly three years later.

Regan, who remains in a psychiatric facility in upstate New York, has not been charged in the Bish case. His lawyer, E. Stewart Jones, said investigators are overreacting and will turn up nothing.
http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-bish1120.artnov20,0,1149756.story?coll=hc-headlines-home

It just makes me want to scream. How many just disappear with no resolve?

ShowerSinger
07-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Hoping to spark new interest in the case, a videotape was released of Molly in a convenience store with her mother, just minutes before her disappearance.
Molly's father was on FOX news yesterday discussing timeline of the tape, the grand jury convening for the past two years, and the narrowed suspect list is down to seven. ( I hope the police can figure this out, and the real killer is one of those seven.)
Anyway, hoping that the segment produces more information for this family. Molly deserves justice, and so does this dear family.
It was heartbreaking to hear and see how painful it is/was for them to bring home their beautiful, young daughter...bone, by bone. And, to see that videotape of Molly and her mother, knowing what would lie ahead for her in the next few moments. He described how painful it was for the family to view it.
I admire their faith, and strength.
Prayers.

lisag
07-03-2006, 02:59 PM
I too hope this brings some answers!

bykerladi
08-05-2006, 06:17 PM
This case was just profiled on Haunting Evidence. I only watched about 5 minutes of it, but, as I've said before about this show, the so called psychics didn't mention anything that isn't already known.

BUT I'm hoping that the show brings new attention to the case.

Moe
08-06-2006, 05:55 PM
I still think Regan has something to do with Molly's disappearance. He drove through her town many times for work. He plead guilty to trying to abduct Lindsey Ferguson, a girl from Saratoga Springs, NY and was sentenced to fifteen years, he still faces charges in Connecticut. He sure picked the wrong girl to go after in Lindsey, she is one of the nations best cross country athletes and is headed to Notre Dame on a full scholarship.

Bobbisangel
08-10-2006, 03:18 AM
I still think Regan has something to do with Molly's disappearance. He drove through her town many times for work. He plead guilty to trying to abduct Lindsey Ferguson, a girl from Saratoga Springs, NY and was sentenced to fifteen years, he still faces charges in Connecticut. He sure picked the wrong girl to go after in Lindsey, she is one of the nations best cross country athletes and is headed to Notre Dame on a full scholarship.

I'm glad that the girl he tried to kidnapp was a girl that is well known in the athletic world or nothing would have happened to this creep. He has gotten away with so many things because of family money and power. It really makes me sick. A pervert is a pervert regardless of money and they all should be treated alike.

I hope that it can be figured out if he is the reason that Molly is no longer with us. Her family really need her killer to be caught and sent to prison. It's so unfair to families when things just go on and on.

Rle7
04-02-2007, 02:17 PM
The pictures of the missing were joined by the families who are left behind, waiting for their loved ones to return.

"There are days when not talking is much easier. When each of us is in some other place, and we wonder how we are going to go on," said John Bish.

Maggie and John Bish's daughter disappeared more than six years ago near their home in Massachusetts. Her body was found three years later. The Bish's joined hundreds of affected families Sunday at the New York State museum for a ceremony to remember all missing persons.

"Many of these families are still missing their children. We haven't found them. So, we come to support and love," said Maggie Bish.

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/your_news/capital_region/default.asp?ArID=208607

Kelly
06-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Please pray for John Bish, Molly's father. He is in the hospital and seriously ill.

His is a strong voice for the missing. It is hard to think of it being silenced in any way. Magi is staying strong. Thank you.

Ntegrity
06-18-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that and I will be praying for him.

englishleigh
06-18-2007, 05:58 PM
I admire John Bish so much. Big prayers for him...Kelly, please keep us updated.

Kelly
06-18-2007, 11:13 PM
No updates so far this evening. It sounds to me like he had a stroke or brain bleed. They had to do surgery.

Kelly
06-21-2007, 02:38 PM
http://www.masslive.com/metroeast/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-10/118241156094160.xml&coll=1

Ntegrity
06-21-2007, 05:21 PM
The Bish family has been through so much grief. I will send a check to the fund set up for him during his recovery. Thanks Kelly.

lisag
06-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Looks like he is doing better:
http://www.masslive.com/republican/stories/index.ssf?/base/news-9/118275574094260.xml&coll=1

Bish dad's heart eyed
Monday, June 25, 2007By JEANETTE DeFORGEjdforge@repub.com

The family of John J. Bish, the father of a murder victim and activist for child safety, said doctors have discovered a defect in his mitral valve leading to his heart may have brought on the serious stroke he suffered June 15.

"He is doing better; he had to heal for them (doctors) to go ahead with the replacement of the valve," said his wife, Magdalen M. Bish, in a phone interview from her husband's hospital room at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in Worcester

lilacwine
08-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi,

I've been a lurker here for a long time & last night I saw that there was a possible lead in this sad case. I'm not sure it will come to anything.. but we can hope.

Here's a link

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2007/08/08/abduction_suspect_resembles_sketch_from_molly_bish _case/

Taximom
08-10-2007, 03:22 PM
I had the tv on in the background and caught the last end of a Fox news report about LE looking into a man's background to see if he's responsible for her abduction.

He looked just like the sketch. I didn't hear who he was or why they are looking at him. I think they even interviewed her mom. I'm sure they'll be more today.

lilacwine, I just saw your update and I'll go read that now!

Welcome, and thanks for posting the link.

Taximom
08-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Wow, this lead sounds like a great one. This is from lilacwine's link above:

Abduction suspect resembles sketch from Molly Bish case

August 8, 2007
WORCESTER, Mass. --A man charged with trying to abduct a young woman last month resembles the sketch of a man seen near the spot where Molly Bish disappeared more than seven years ago, giving investigators a new lead in one of the state's most notorious unsolved deaths.

Robert Burno Jr., 54, was arrested Tuesday and charged with the attempted abduction July 21 in Brimfield.
"There are a lot of similarities between Mr. Burno and the sketch of the person who was seen in Warren the day before Molly Bish's abduction," Tim Connolly, a spokesman for Worcester District Attorney Joseph Early Jr., said Wednesday. "We continue to follow all leads in the Bish case, and this appears to be a lead."
Connolly stressed that no connection between Burno and Bish has been established.

Taximom
08-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Local blog about the guy with video of him:
http://community.myfoxboston.com/blogs/Bob_Ward/2007/08/08/Burno_Busted

Video is at the bottom.

Taximom
08-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Link to news article with his mugshot and the sketch:
http://www.wbz.com/pages/784176.php?contentType=4&contentId=776886

Taximom
08-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Are there any other missing young women in that area?

Lesleegp
08-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Wow, that gives me chills from head to toe. I pray it's him.

Taximom
08-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Wow, that gives me chills from head to toe. I pray it's him.

Doesn't he though? He's one of those that looks like he doesn't have a soul. :(

opme
08-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I am praying that they finally have a lead that will bring some justice and closure to Mollys family.. so they can finally put and end to all the searching and wondering after so many years. And maybe then Mollys spirit can finally be at peace.

mum33004
08-10-2007, 09:21 PM
It really looks like him. I wonder if the creep in the picture "smokes" since the man in the sketch does?

Taximom
08-10-2007, 09:29 PM
It really looks like him. I wonder if the creep in the picture "smokes" since the man in the sketch does?

That's a great question, mum.

Did they recover cig butts from where Molly was taken? I thought I remembered hearing that, but it could have been another case. If they were able to find something like that, maybe they can get DNA from it.

Beyond Belief
08-11-2007, 10:51 PM
They just talked abt this on Greta. Molly's mother mentioned there was another girl murdered, still unsolved, in that area a few years before Molly.
His receding hair line is quit extensive in comparison to the sketch.

Rle7
02-03-2008, 03:30 PM
But until a child, or a child's remains, are found, searching families are left suspended "between hell and hope," says Magdalen Bish of West Warren, mother of 16-year-old murder victim Molly Bish, whose 2000 abduction from nearby Comins Pond galvanized one of the largest kidnapped-child manhunts in Massachusetts history. Molly's remains were found three years later, 5 miles from her home. (No arrests have been made.) "If you find out your child is dead," says Bish, 56, a first-grade teacher, "your hope is lost, but your hell has ended, because you don't have to worry that anyone is harming them."

~ snip ~

Families of cold-case missing children go on missing them - long after the press and public have lost interest - and, in the end, only finding the child or the child's remains can put to rest their searching and waiting.

"You never get to say goodbye, you know," says Magdalen Bish, mother of the Massachusetts girl whose remains were found. "When Molly came home, we just had her 26 bones. We held her skull. We touched her bones, because we needed to say goodbye, but it wasn't the Molly that we knew."

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/magazine/articles/2008/02/03/return_to_me/?page=2

SeriouslySearching
02-03-2008, 06:27 PM
This case has always troubled me.

Texana
02-03-2008, 08:20 PM
This case has always troubled me.

Me, too.

hmg
06-27-2008, 11:15 PM
The local 11:00 news just reminded me that today is the 8th anniversary of the disappearance of Molly Bish. Police reported that in the past year they have responded to 100 leads in the Bish case and are focused on two POIs who have not been identified in the past . Sounds promising, I think.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-28-2008, 10:17 AM
I can't believe it's been 8 years! Geez. I'm hoping, with everything I am, that Molly's loved ones can see this "resolved".

SewingDeb
06-28-2008, 02:32 PM
That is good news hmg. I hope there will be justice for Molly.

CarpeDiem
06-28-2008, 08:08 PM
The local 11:00 news just reminded me that today is the 8th anniversary of the disappearance of Molly Bish. Police reported that in the past year they have responded to 100 leads in the Bish case and are focused on two POIs who have not been identified in the past . Sounds promising, I think.

I so hope they get 'em.

Salem
06-28-2008, 09:38 PM
So it wasn't Bruno? How did they rule him out, any ideas? Or did they just not have enough evidence?

It sounds like LE doesn't think it was him. I sure hope they find who was responsible.

Salem

hmg
06-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Though police have made no connection in the two cases, Mrs. Bish said she is grateful Mr. Burno was quickly caught and she is confident that police will determine whether he is connected to her daughter’s case. She said there have been other instances in which men arrested for similar crimes have resembled the sketch she helped artist Jeanne Boylan create in 2001, two years before Molly’s remains were found on a wooded Palmer hillside. The case remains unsolved.
http://www.conte2006.com/RobertRBurnojr.htm

Sadly, this is about the 3rd or 4th person I've heard about in the area who both resembles the sketch and has attempted/ committed a kidnapping or murder. I'm not sure that they have totally dismissed him but it's apparent that they don't have enough evidence to arrest him for murder.

Moe
06-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Poor Molly, I think of her often.

calidreamin
06-30-2008, 04:04 PM
I will never forget Molly. I was in labor at the hospital with my 2nd son the day she went missing and it was all over the television. Such a sad sad case.:mad:

LillyRush
06-30-2008, 04:24 PM

Have they completely ruled out a connection to Holly Pirannean?

hmg
06-30-2008, 04:54 PM
I have no reason to believe that the possibility of a connection to Holly has been ruled out.

DBinMA
01-29-2009, 09:54 AM
I tried to find an existing thread but came up empty.

http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-England/2009/01/28/New-lead-being-investigated-in/1233185594.html

He looks so much like the POI poster it's unreal.

believe09
01-29-2009, 09:56 AM
I tried to find an existing thread but came up empty.

http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-England/2009/01/28/New-lead-being-investigated-in/1233185594.html

He looks so much like the POI poster it's unreal.

Great news thank you!!! I fell asleep with the news on last night, and thought I had dreamed this story when I woke up this am...

SeriouslySearching
01-29-2009, 10:26 AM
It does sound like it is a solid lead with him being in and around the area at the time. I wonder if he has a rap sheet a mile long to go along with the murder of the girlfriend he is already charged with? They didn't mention anything.

Masterj
01-29-2009, 10:50 AM
http://www.mollybish.org/images/220_Suspect27.jpg

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/28/2009/01/28/175x131/BishSuspect.jpg

Kristin83
01-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Oh my gosh, that does look like him. How wonderful it would be if this case were solved.

Kat
01-29-2009, 11:54 AM
A link for those of us that are unfamiliar with Molly

gaia227
01-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Wow - he really does bear a striking resemblance! Molly's mother actually saw the guy and she seems to think it might be him. He certainly fits the profile and the fact he was around the area at the time is encouraging. How wonderful for the Bish family to finally know who took their Molly from them and see some justice for her.

kgeaux
01-29-2009, 01:47 PM
http://www.mollybish.org/images/220_Suspect27.jpg

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/28/2009/01/28/175x131/BishSuspect.jpg

I wish I thought the POI looked like the sketch, but I don't.

I am VERY hopeful, however, that Molly will receive justice at last. The fact that this man was so familiar with the area, that he was IN the area at the time, that his girlfriend mentioned Molly to her sister and the fact that he is now accused of murdering his girlfriend all make a strong case for a vigorous investigation.

txsvicki
01-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Wow, those bags under the eyes and the big creases and indentations around his cheeks really look like the sketch. Also exactly the way his hair swoops back on the sides. It's hard to tell about the chin, but the forehead looks alike too.

Indianagirl
01-29-2009, 11:38 PM
This is great news! I wonder if the POI smokes....The original sketch of the POI had him holding a cigarette in his hand. This was another thing Molly's mom remembered about him.

MagicRose99
01-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Here is Molly's thread on WS
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6820

Masterj
01-30-2009, 07:21 AM
This is great news! I wonder if the POI smokes....The original sketch of the POI had him holding a cigarette in his hand. This was another thing Molly's mom remembered about him.

And I hope they have cigarette butts collected as evidence that could hopefully prove link him through DNA.

I think the nose and eyes are similar too. I want to see a picture of what this man looked like at that time period. He looks like he drinks and lives hard so I bet he aged more than the average person.

colette
01-30-2009, 01:24 PM
His ex-wife says he dyed his hair black back around the time of Molly's murder. He had a white car and he left the area 1 month after Molly's murder.

"Heather Bish said that Thomas P. Shamshak, a private investigator based in Boston and Providence, whom the family hired, learned that Stanger was using a white car in June 2000, that he fished at Comins Pond, and that he hunted in the area where Bish's remains were found.

The sister of the woman Stanger killed said that her sister gave hints in a telephone call before her death that Stanger was involved in two unsolved killings in Massachusetts.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/01/detectives_in_molly_bish_case.html

A comment under the article says his girlfriend's pet bird was named Molly.

colette
01-30-2009, 02:45 PM
"Two former hunting buddies recall Mr. Stanger as a “big bully” with “a very dark side.”

http://www.telegram.com/article/20090130/NEWS/901300453/1004/NEWS04

Good article with comments from the sister of Stanger's girlfriend whom he murdered.

“I hadn’t talked to my sister in 19 years, so you have to understand I was shocked when she called me on Feb. 19 (2008),” she said.
“She told me there was a very good chance that she was going go be murdered that night by her boyfriend..."
http://www.telegram.com/article/20090129/NEWS/901290948/1116

The sister of the murdered woman had a bird named Molly, when talking on the phone with Stanger in the room ..she used the "what is the name of your bird?" to signal the case is about a murdered "Molly". Most likely the girlfriend was murdered because she knew too much.

hmg
01-30-2009, 10:07 PM
New leads in Molly Bish case:
A man living in FL, Rodney Stanger, is being questioned in connection with the murder of Molly Bish.

Stanger murdered his girlfriend, who reportedly told her sister that he may be responsible for two unsolved murders in Massachusetts. Stanger was known to abuse his wife and daughter while he lived in Southbridge, MA just minutes from Warren, the town Molly was abducted from. He also bares a strong resemblance to sketches of a POI in the case.

The other unsolved murder being referred to may be Holly Piirainen, who was abducted from Sturbridge (next to Southbridge) and was found in Brimfield in 1993. Police are reluctant to comment on this connection however.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/01/detectives_in_molly_bish_case.html?category=Crime

hmg
01-30-2009, 10:30 PM
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/01/detectives_in_molly_bish_case.html?category=Crime

This article implies that Stanger may actually be involved in two unsolved Massachusetts murders. The other case is suspected to be the murder of Holly Piirainen, who was abducted from Sturbridge (the town neighboring Southbridge where Stanger is from) and whose remains were discovered in Brimfield in 1993. Police are reluctant to comment on the connection but Stanger reportedly told his girlfriend he was involved in two unsolved cases.

SeriouslySearching
01-31-2009, 01:07 AM
He is looking very good for this. I think the sketch does look like him and I think if they can prove he colored his hair and was in the area...with other evidence...they may have this one closed. I pray for her family this is the case. This one has really always troubled me.

Bobbisangel
01-31-2009, 07:38 AM
I wish I thought the POI looked like the sketch, but I don't.

I am VERY hopeful, however, that Molly will receive justice at last. The fact that this man was so familiar with the area, that he was IN the area at the time, that his girlfriend mentioned Molly to her sister and the fact that he is now accused of murdering his girlfriend all make a strong case for a vigorous investigation.

Oh, I think it looks just like him only he is older now. I hope he is the one so that the Bish family can finally know what happened to Molly. She was such a cute girl. I would hate to think that that man's ugly face was the last thing my daughter saw. He really is creepy. His girlfriend must have known about Molly's murder. I thought the video said that she whispered into the phone..."murders." I wonder if that was as she was dying and she had the chance to dial 911 before she died. Anyone know?

Texas Mist
01-31-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm so glad to hear there is a new lead in this case! I first read of this case at crimenews2000.com when it broke & have hoped for years it could be closed.

I am crossing my fingers that they've finally found the sicko perp who took away her beautiful life & all her hopes & dreams.

nursebeeme
01-31-2009, 03:45 PM
I just feel in my bones that it is him.

Mr. E
01-31-2009, 05:44 PM
Surely there is a picture of him from that time period that can be published for comparison.

Carla Lashelle
02-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Here is his mug shot...

http://failblog.org/2009/02/02/mugshot-fail/

ZooKeeper
02-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the post DBin....I have followed this story from day one, but missed this while being sick for a few days. I hope he is the person the family/LE has been looking for so that some closure can finally come for this family. He looks like a good match to me.

LillyRush
02-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Thanks for sharing this amazing news, DBinMA, and others who shared the local links. I do think he looks like the sketch. I have been following Molly's case since I first discovered crime discussion boards, which was 6 years ago. It is one of those unsolved disappearances that has always stayed on my mind. I hope this is the break they have been waiting for!

fran
02-04-2009, 12:43 PM
IMHO, there's way too many 'circumstances' pointing to this guy being the perp, to ignore. In addition, I wonder if he's connected to any other disappearances/murders in that area?

Does anyone recall, a few years ago while looking at the Bish case, we talked about a string of disappearances or murders of young girls in towns that started with "W?" This would be in Mass, as well.

fran

hmg
02-04-2009, 05:11 PM
The "W" motif was that women were attacked near water in wooded areas in town names starting with W. The towns were Wales, Weymouth, Westwood, and Walpole. Only Wales is close to Warren.

The woman who brought this suspect to investigators attention claims that Stanger is also responsible for the disappearance of Holly Piirainen from Sturbridge in 1993. She has submitted evidence regarding both cases but apparently police are hesitant to connect him with that case as well.

future criminologist
02-05-2009, 09:57 AM
I really want Molly's and Holly's cases to be solved, and I do think it's the same person who took Sarah Pryor - it has to be - they should be investigating him for that as well.

Molly's and Sarah's cases are so similar - they found so little of them, years later. whoever killed Molly was definitely someone who had done it before.

hmg
02-05-2009, 11:51 AM
I really want Molly's and Holly's cases to be solved, and I do think it's the same person who took Sarah Pryor - it has to be - they should be investigating him for that as well.

Molly's and Sarah's cases are so similar - they found so little of them, years later. whoever killed Molly was definitely someone who had done it before.

If the "W" situation is real that would be interesting because Sarah Pryor was from Wayland. Also, law enforcement thinks its a very likely possibility that Catherine Ruth Malcolmson (http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/313dfma.html) of Stowe (not a W obviously) was taken by the same person who kidnapped and murdered Sarah Pryor.

NSC
02-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Wow, this is amazing!! I think the mugs are exact! Look at the tip of the nose - just showing from different angles is all!!

hmg
02-08-2009, 09:48 PM
WARREN - A former Southbridge man who has been questioned by police investigating the death of 16-year-old Molly Anne Bish has been found competent to stand trial in Florida in the death of his longtime girlfriend.

The defense lawyer for Rodney A. Stanger, 60, of Summerfield, Fla., declined comment on the Bish case.

"It's not my case. I'll let the evidence technicians do their job," said William A. Miller, chief assistant public defender for Marion County, Fla.....

Although Stanger is not being identified by authorities as a suspect in the Bish case, his ex-wife Deborah M. Stanger, 55, now a resident of Duluth, Minn., and Thomas P. Shamshak, a private investigator who is a longtime friend of the Bish family, said there are links between the Bish case and Stanger that are hard to miss.

Deborah Stanger and Shamshak said that Stanger used to go fishing at Comins Pond and that he hunted in the area near the Palmer-Warren town line where Bish's remains were found.

Shamshak said interviews he has done indicate that Rodney Stanger left Southbridge for Florida about a year after Bish disappeared. Records from the Worcester Registry of Deeds indicate Stanger owned property at 282 Everett St. in Southbridge from 1976 until he sold it in June 2001 for $119,000."

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/02/man_questioned_in_death_of_mol.html

I'm glad he was declared fit for trial, regardless of whether or not he killed Molly Bish he sounds like a real sicko who most likely murdered his girlfriend, abused an infant, and murdered his own pets.

rpipergirl
02-17-2009, 12:51 AM
I remember when Holly was kidnapped and killed. My mom met her family at bingo and got a ribbon witch I still have. This man might be connected to her as well. Here is a link to an interview with Holly's mom. http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-England/Family-of-Holly-Piirainen-have-renewed-hope-

Tonia
03-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Brother of man questioned in Molly Bish case arrested

Police in Florida arrested the brother of the man being questioned in the murder of 16-year-old Molly Bish.

Nine years after the disappearance and murder of the Warren lifeguard, sources tell 7News Massachusetts authorities plan to question Randy Joseph Stanger, 54, who was arrested on unrelated drug charges.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO107076/

gaia227
07-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Bumping. I guess there hasn't been any new news. I always thought the other suspect - Robert Burno - looks more like the composite sketch than Stanger. They both fit the profile and they both has interesting ties to the area.

future criminologist
01-19-2010, 03:29 PM
bumping. it's been almost a year since Rodney Stanger was identified as a person of interest in Molly's case. I'm hoping someone who is close to the case will update us on what is happening with that lead, or with Mr. Stanger's current court case? (he is on trial for murdering his girlfriend I believe). Thanks.

future criminologist
01-19-2010, 03:31 PM
bumping - anyone have an update on this development? it's been almost a year since Rodney Stanger's name was mentioned as a POI. I'm wondering if someone close to the case can tell us where that lead went? Thanks...

DBinMA
01-19-2010, 05:42 PM
http://wbztv.com/local/molly.bish.murder.2.920329.html

Nothing too new :(

talelights
02-14-2010, 01:44 PM
At least... a person of interest... but most of these scum bags, harsh word I know, take pleasures in knowing they have a memory that no one else does and they keep it to themselves...in an evil way

Wish there was a magic pill or something that we can give these people so they'd would let their guard down and confess. Families need to have closure and get on with their lives knowing what happened. They can have a person to lay their blame of hurt on.

future criminologist
02-17-2010, 04:53 PM
so...what does LE do now? I've heard no word since this guy was named a POI, and I'd hate to see this lead go dead in the water.

Soulmagent
02-18-2010, 12:56 AM
Surely there is a picture of him from that time period that can be published for comparison.

I found this fox video which has an interveiw with his ex wife and a picture from the 70's??http://topics.myfoxboston.com/m/21808912/who-is-rodney-stanger.htm

hmg
05-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Molly Bish's parents hosted Missing Children's Day today in Massachusetts (http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/05/family_of_former_warren_lifegu.html): A plan that will train 4000 civilian dispatchers from MA how to properly handle missing persons cases was announced at the event.

The last I heard Rodney Stanger was in jail for killing his girlfriend and they questioned him in November 2008 but have yet to publicly name him as a formal suspect. As we established earlier, he was also questioned about Holly Piirainen.

hmg
06-24-2010, 07:23 AM
Molly's Ride for Child Safety will be happening this Sunday as well as a candlelight vigil to mark the 10th anniversary of her disappearance.
http://www.rideformolly.org/

believe09
06-26-2010, 10:50 AM
http://wbztv.com/local/molly.bish.anniversary.2.1773657.html

Hoping this year is your year....

staticgirl50
12-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Remembering Molly...

staticgirl50
01-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I think her episode will be on TV tonight. Or it is on soon, I saw previews yesterday. Hopefully it helps jog a memory of someone.

scaredtopost
01-13-2011, 09:10 AM
I think her episode will be on TV tonight. Or it is on soon, I saw previews yesterday. Hopefully it helps jog a memory of someone.

I beleive I saw the preview, as well. From the little I do know about the case, it sounded like Molly's story. Was it was for the ID channel's new show, Stolen Voices, Buried Secrets?

Masterj
01-13-2011, 10:24 AM
I beleive I saw the preview, as well. From the little I do know about the case, it sounded like Molly's story. Was it was for the ID channel's new show, Stolen Voices, Buried Secrets?

The stolen voices show about the lifeguard was about Ali Kemp. I heard that promo last week and thought it might have been about Molly.

hmg
01-18-2011, 12:07 AM
http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2011/01/bish_family_con.html

They've done the billboards in Palmer, MA for awhile now (that's where Molly was found). Her case was supposed to be on Discovery ID tonight.

staticgirl50
01-18-2011, 12:18 PM
It was on disappeared last night. I made it through about half way, gotta finish it tonight.

taramarie
01-18-2011, 12:55 PM
It was on last night. I was hoping to hear some new information about Rodney Stanger as a suspect, but there doesn't seem to be any new information and he denies involvement. If I'm remembering correctly, there was no DNA from the suspect found on her bathing suit to compare to him or any other suspect. It was heartbreaking to see her family talking about the case... they've been through so much.

OldSteve
01-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Saw the Disappeared show the other night... I had seen the previous show about Molly that appeared on 48 Hours a while back... don’t remember seeing Molly’s brother or sister in the previous show, in this new show, their love of Molly and their grief was most evident and really heart breaking!
Almost no mention was made this time of the fellow who called in the tip about a hunter he knew seeing the blue bathing suit.

cluciano63
01-20-2011, 12:23 AM
The episode is heartbreaking to watch. I feel for their family, their love for Molly comes right through the television screen.

How horrible that they can't figure out who did this, or get enough information to make an arrest. It sounds as though LE really hauled in a lot of people.

Again, I am so sorry for Molly's family and glad that she was finally located for a tiny bit of peace of mind. What a heartbreaking story and so horrifying. Her family has such grace.

Kimster
01-20-2011, 12:48 AM
Can this episode be watched online? Link?

iluvmua
01-20-2011, 01:04 PM
is Molly's last name pronounced Bish (like "Fish") or Bi-sh?

cluciano63
01-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Can this episode be watched online? Link?

I looked for it, but apparently, not yet, it was this week's episode and not on any of the sites yet, or youtube. Will check again in a week or so.

October
01-20-2011, 01:17 PM
is Molly's last name pronounced Bish (like "Fish") or Bi-sh?

Like Fish :)

iluvmua
01-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Like Fish :)

thanks

hmg
06-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Today is the 11th anniversary of Molly's disappearance. There is going to be a candlelight vigil tonight in Warren to honor her.

Dionysia
11-19-2011, 12:13 AM
Possible Break in Piirainen and Bish Cases (http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrodesk/2011/11/possible-break-unsolved-holly-piirainen-and-molly-bish-cases/fFkUXKdLMCM4pVrUVipxNL/index.html?p1=News_links)

CanManEh
11-19-2011, 12:25 AM
Im pretty sure molly bish case has been solved . Has it not. The tv show dissapeared showed it to be solved .

Dionysia
11-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Nope, not solved.

In '09 there was a new suspect being questioned. Different suspect than the one they're talking about now.

CanManEh
11-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Really I coulda sworn that the show disappeared showed it to be a solved case maybe not and i forget the POI's name but he was a perfect match to the sketch ,lived in the area,fished in the pond ,drove a white car I thought it was solved not prosecuted yet but solved in that they found her remains and the perp..

CMac2
11-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Possible break in cold case murders of Massachusetts girls Molly Bish and Holly Piirainen

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/11/possible_break_in_cold_case_mu.html

yllek
11-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Possible break in cold case murders of Massachusetts girls Molly Bish and Holly Piirainen

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/11/possible_break_in_cold_case_mu.html

I hope this leads to some answers for the parents.

Scary looking dude, imo...

JeannaT
11-19-2011, 04:58 PM
It's interesting how the shape of the facial features of the sketch are similar, but they missed by a mile with getting the "impression" right.

This suspect is a white guy, and a pale one. The sketch is a hispanic guy, with strong hispanic features.

Columbo
11-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I hope this leads to some answers for the parents.

Scary looking dude, imo...

Really scary. The sketch looks so much like the picture! Squinty eyes and heavy face, etc. A mustache can always be shaved off...

staticgirl50
11-21-2011, 09:43 PM
http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/possible-break-in-molly-bish-case

Gixxer
12-13-2011, 04:52 PM

Watched on ID channel today.

OldSteve
12-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Renewed hope in Bish, Piirainen murders:

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/hampden/renewed-hope-in-bish,-piirainen-murders

trigger
12-28-2011, 12:09 PM
From your link I watched the video and this guy also looks like the composite.

:praying: For Justice

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
12-28-2011, 12:28 PM
I wish we knew what make and model cars they had access to at that time, and some photos of them from the time period.

hmg
01-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Today they announced a new lead in Holly Piirainen's case which was always thought to possibly be related to Molly's case. A man named David Pouloit was at the scene of Holly's abduction and the place where her remains were found. He died in 2003 of congestive heart failure.

If you look at the photo of Mr. Pouloit I think there is a resemblance to the sketch that's been distributed of the POI in Molly's case. I'll be interested to see how this plays out.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/massachusetts-cold-case-linked-dead-man/story?id=15280841#.TwOHQlauGSo (Picture of Mr. Pouloit here)

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/01/holly_piirainens_family_member.html (reaction from Holly's family)

sandbox
01-04-2012, 01:26 PM
The Hampden County DA announced that evidence found with Holly Piirainen's body is linked to David Pouliot, an outdoorsman familiar with the area, who is deceased.

The DA was very careful to say that Pouliot is not a suspect.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20120102/NEWS/120109953

Betty P
01-04-2012, 05:06 PM
More information about David Pouliot, including photo:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1393079

Was he considered a POI in these murders before now? I really hope they can resolve these terrible crimes.

There are more photos of Pouiliot in the news story at this link:

http://www.telegram.com/article/20120103/NEWS/120109938

The DA didn't reveal any details about the forensics behind the link to Pouiliot's DNA and Holly Kristen Piirainen's murder site.

sandbox
01-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Ooops, I see there is already a Holly Piirainen thread. I too would like to know about DP. I don't remember his name being discussed before.

Holly Piirainen thread: MA - Holly Piirainen, 10, abducted and murdered in 1993 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

distracted 1976
01-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Snipped for space
http://abcnews.go.com/US/massachusetts-cold-case-linked-dead-man/story?id=15280841#.TwOHQlauGSo (Picture of Mr. Pouloit here)

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/01/holly_piirainens_family_member.html (reaction from Holly's family)

Wow, the resemblance between this guy and the pics of Molly Bish's POI are uncanny. Let's hope this is the break needed for both families.

hmg
01-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Story about the Bish's still holding out hope their daughter's murderer will be found from the local paper: http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/01/bish_family_hopes_molly_annes.html

neverletgo
06-27-2012, 10:16 PM
:bump:

R.I.P., Molly . . . gone 12 years today. :(

http://blog.masslive.com/breakingnews/2008/02/small_bishcrp.JPG

Molly Anne Bish: August 2, 1983 - June 27, 2000

staticgirl50
06-28-2012, 11:10 AM
RIP Molly

Kimster
06-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Gardiner says despite all their pain and sorrow the Bish family has also managed to raise awareness about keeping other children safe.

“It's a constant reminder that we have to be vigilant, it’s our responsibility in not only government but each member of the community has to participate in protecting our children,” said Gardiner.

http://www.necn.com/06/27/12/Bish-family-remains-vigilant-in-finding-/landing_newengland.html?blockID=731744&feedID=4206

neverletgo
06-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Lighting a candle for Molly and her loved ones this week. :cry:

http://i.imgur.com/YJjZg.gif

Yellow Rose
07-17-2012, 11:32 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/17/old-wallet-belonging-to-killer-might-hold-clues-in-murder-16-year-old-molly/

Yellow Rose
07-17-2012, 11:57 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/17/old-wallet-belonging-to-killer-might-hold-clues-in-murder-16-year-old-molly/

deca
07-17-2012, 12:11 PM
I wonder what is in that safety deposit box? Do they even know where it is?

hmg
07-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Some female hair barrettes and combs were found Rodney Stanger's trailer in Florida: http://www.telegram.com/article/20120717/NEWS/107179923/1116

sreshowtime
07-17-2012, 11:36 PM
wow...I truly hope this is the break needed to bring justice for Molly.

OldSteve
07-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Convicted Killer Rodney Stanger's Wallet Sheds Light On Dead Girl's Case -
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/17/molly-bish-case_n_1680955.html

McSpy
07-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Convicted Killer Rodney Stanger's Wallet Sheds Light On Dead Girl's Case -
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/17/molly-bish-case_n_1680955.html

Hey oldsteve, I think there is a big possibility this guy was responsible. He knew the area and his picture looks just like the police composite. I'm sure they are checking his auto of that time and if he smoked. Molly's mother said the man was smoking.

McSpy
07-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Here is another article on Stanger:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/19/massachusetts-authorities-to-re-interview-florida-man-in-murder-16-year-old/

I'm pretty confident they found their man. He looks like a very good suspect.

McSpy
07-19-2012, 05:55 PM
This
Ink shows Stanger's photo in the video:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/07/17/woman-believes-sisters-killer-is-involved-in-bish-piirainen-cases/

His occupation at the time was a "land Cord." something . . . Makes me think he had an occupation that enabled him to travel around the area easily.

Knox
07-19-2012, 06:00 PM
I wonder if Stanger is of sound mind these days? It sounds like he has some mental health issues. I'm hoping that Stanger will confess. How long has he been in Florida and have any young girls went missing in his area?

http://www.ocala.com/article/20080225/NEWS/662798330
http://www.ocala.com/article/20101028/articles/101029663

McSpy
07-19-2012, 06:12 PM
I wonder if Stanger is of sound mind these days? It sounds like he has some mental health issues. I'm hoping that Stanger will confess. How long has he been in Florida and have any young girls went missing in his area?

http://www.ocala.com/article/20080225/NEWS/662798330
http://www.ocala.com/article/20101028/articles/101029663

Do you know where he lived in Florida?

McSpy
07-19-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm speculating here, but I think his long time girlfriend was killed, because she was going to say something. She may have had a vague idea he killed Molly, but maybe she finally had some confirmation. She was probably scared of him and felt trapped, which is why she didn't escape the situation much earlier.

Knox
07-19-2012, 06:28 PM
http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=WT&Date=20120717&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=107179923&Ref=AR&MaxW=740

When she and her friend Scott M. Reynolds of Whitinsville began looking for items that she could take home for her sister's two children and herself, she found some things she could not explain. The barrettes, a necklace, hair bands, hair scrunchies, and other items don't appear to be things her sister would have worn.

When Ms. Morrison was killed in 2008, Ms. Kiernan told police that she'd been given a cryptic message during a phone call from her sister that indicated Mr. Stanger may have been involved in murders in Massachusetts. She alluded to Molly Bish and Holly Piirainen, who was abducted in August 1993 in Sturbridge.

Yesterday, she said she believes her sister was planning to leave Mr. Stanger just before he flew into a rage, killing her and assaulting a neighbor. She found a greeting card from one of her sister's friends wishing her well and believes that was an indicator of her sister's plans. Mr. Stranger currently is serving a 25-year prison sentence for the murder.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20120717/NEWS/107179923/1116

Knox
07-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Do you know where he lived in Florida?

Bonnie Kiernan of Douglas said she went to Summerfield, Fla., to collect the belongings of her sister, Ms. Morrison

I wonder how long he had been in Florida?

georgiagirl
07-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Article from today..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/25/friend-killer-possibly-linked-to-molly-bish-murder-says-fled-massachusetts-to/

gregjrichards
08-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Trailer of convicted killer searched.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2182375/Molly-Bish-murder-Will-Molly-Bishs-murder-finally-solved-Breakthrough-police-search-trailer-convicted-killer-case-Massachusetts-teen-abducted-2000.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/01/detectives-search-florida-home-convicted-killer-for-clues-in-molly-bish-murder/?test=latestnews

Knox
08-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Kiernan also found girls' hair accessories, keys to a previously unknown safety deposit box and Stanger's birth certificate, which listed Warren, Mass., Bish's hometown, as his birthplace.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/01/detectives-search-florida-home-convicted-killer-for-clues-in-molly-bish-murder/?test=latestnews#ixzz22MDmOPPJ

Wonder what's in that safety deposit box?

Fishee
08-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Wonder what's in that safety deposit box?

The key.

saca4211
08-06-2012, 03:33 PM
It would be wonderful for Molly's family to finally know what happened. I hope this pans out.

fullmoon
10-22-2012, 07:09 AM
The OWN channel on Wednesday at 4 p.m. will show the "Disappeared" episode on Molly Bish.

Shamrocker99
10-22-2012, 02:46 PM
It would be so grEat to finally get some answers in this case!!

fullmoon
10-26-2012, 04:10 PM
An interesting episode of Disappeared. I know Mrs. Bish said in previous interviews that she was a little worried about Molly being at the pond because it was so secluded, but she said she felt a little better that morning because some city workers were on the other side of the pond. In the Disappeared documentary on Wednesday, Mrs. Bish said when she walked Molly down to the water, she expressed concerns about a couple of other men by the pond. Molly shrugged it off, saying they were just fishermen. I'm surprised there were so many people there who should have seen something.

shefner
10-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Hoping like everything that this mystery can be resolved.

Poor Molly. May God continue to give peace to her loved ones.

spring24
12-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know if the search of Rodney Stranger this past summer yielded anything?

Kimster
12-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Does anyone know if the search of Rodney Stranger this past summer yielded anything?

They might still be processing DNA? :dunno:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/19669955/2012/09/28/new-video-of-prime-suspect-in-molly-bishs-murder