PDA

View Full Version : Casey's credit card spending spree REVISITED

AlwaysShocked
07-31-2008, 01:18 PM
Does anyone have any details of what all Casey bought during her "spending spree" using her mother's credit cards? During what time frame is this alleged to have taken place?

Supposedly Cindy offered receipts to the police but they did not want them? How would Cindy have obtained RECEIPTS? (I understand that LE would want the verified billing statements directly from the credit card carrier, not some "receipts" that Cindy wanted to provide) Did Casey hand over a fistful of receipts, saying "Oh, by the way, Mom, I used your credit card and here are the receipts!"

This whole story just gets whackier and whackier as it goes on!

LI_Mom
07-31-2008, 02:29 PM
LE hasn't released that info.

I'm sure they poured over EVERY purchase very carefully to see when Casey stopped buying anything for Caylee.

websurfer
07-31-2008, 06:32 PM
I think she bought a lot of booze & gas with most of it.But $35,000-$45,000
is a lot to spend in so little time.

OneLostGrl
07-31-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm thinking Nancy Grace got it wrong and meant to say $4,500....

liljim
07-31-2008, 06:40 PM
i have seen no public information at this point as to how much of her parents money casey spent, or over how much time they are talking.

nancy grace threw out a 45,000 dollar figure on her show one night but gave no source or context.

i would find it odd if LE refused to look at the receipts cindy offered them. sure they have the officail statements they can look at, but what if there were additional cash receipts included in there? ones that may give them more information than just credit card records.

i would find it surprising if LE didnt confiscate, or at the very least search, all of Casey's belongings that were with her during the month long period she was "on her own".

txsvicki
07-31-2008, 07:51 PM
I'd also like to eventually hear about purchases made the several weeks before Caylee went missing since I think there was a plan in place.

mahmoo
07-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Perhaps $4500.00 would be closer to an accurate figure. This is purely assumption on my part but, the Anthony's don't appear to be in a financial category to have $45,000+ credit line extended to them on a credit card.

Also, if these purchases were made within one billing cycle....seems as though the credit card company would have notified Mrs. Anthony that charges were being made with her card that might be suspicious.

Although I find it annoying sometimes......my credit card company will put a "freeze" on my card and contact me immediately if there is any activity that looks suspect to them.

Texana
07-31-2008, 08:37 PM
It wouldn't have all been "stuff," Casey could run up a pretty big tab if she was out having dinner and cocktails with friends, or lunch and cocktails, etc.

Smugshots
07-31-2008, 08:54 PM
Perhaps $4500.00 would be closer to an accurate figure. This is purely assumption on my part but, the Anthony's don't appear to be in a financial category to have $45,000+ credit line extended to them on a credit card.

Also, if these purchases were made within one billing cycle....seems as though the credit card company would have notified Mrs. Anthony that charges were being made with her card that might be suspicious.

Although I find it annoying sometimes......my credit card company will put a "freeze" on my card and contact me immediately if there is any activity that looks suspect to them.

$45000 is a lot, but maybe it was a credit card for an equity line of credit on the home.

Smugshots
07-31-2008, 08:55 PM
It wouldn't have all been "stuff," Casey could run up a pretty big tab if she was out having dinner and cocktails with friends, or lunch and cocktails, etc.

Don't forget new clothes to wear out to the club!

Beyond Belief
07-31-2008, 09:16 PM
I would like to know if anything was bought for Caylee on those credit cards.

Schmerty_Jones
07-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Purchases that included clothing or toilet articles for Caylee would certainly help with the timeline.

mahmoo
07-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Purchases that included clothing or toilet articles for Caylee would certainly help with the timeline.

And also there's a possibility (albeit slim) that an employee(s) at some of the places she was shopping might remember if she did or did not have Caylee with her.

websurfer
08-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Did she spend $4,500 ?
Or more?maybe she joined a lot of clubs and paid for a year in advance?
gas & party fees I guess?

liljim
08-01-2008, 12:14 PM
And also there's a possibility (albeit slim) that an employee(s) at some of the places she was shopping might remember if she did or did not have Caylee with her.

there is also the possibility of store security cameras showing her with caylee/someone else of interest.

liljim
08-01-2008, 12:19 PM
alos, who exactly called it a "spending spree"? authorities? nancy grace? cindy?

we have no context at all for any figure or the length of time being talked about.

i think the whole "spending spree!" aspect is of much less interest than just the simple ordinary details that will be revealed from credit card records. where she purchased things, what exactly she purchased, and when.

doesnt really matter if she spent 450 dollars or 45,000 dollars.

but im not ignoring the fact that large cash advances, or large dollar value purchases could also be valuable to know about too.

DAWN TREADER
08-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Given that so many retail and specialty stores use security cameras it seems to me the chances of Casey being caught on video making a purchase with or without Caylee are very good. Airports also use them - both in and outside the terminal(s). Toll roads, amusement parks, tourist attractions, etc. also have security cameras.

We know Casey had a credit card and ran up about $4,500 worth of purchases and that each transaction would be time stamped indicating the sequencial movements of Casey.

If nothing else, I would hope LE is actively investigating the credit card purchases and checking with the various establishments to see if Casey might have been captured on video and whether Caylee was with her or not. Even at this late date, it's possible video footage might have been archived. Casey may have also been accompanied by a friend while using the card. Someone LE may want to talk to.

LI_Mom
08-12-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm sure they're checking the cc trail.

Also interesting is to see what if anything Casey ever charged that would have been FOR Caylee....

clothing... food.... toys..... ANYTHING???

DAWN TREADER
08-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Yes, good thought there LI Mom!

Does anyone know what happened to the credit card? Was it found in the purse left in the car? And what about that "purse" ... Casey had to have realized fairly quickly she had left it in the car. Why not have Tony take her back so she could get it? Wouldn't she be worried that someone would steal the purse with her wallet, ID, house keys, etc? :waitasec:

sweetwater
08-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi-
This is something I"ve been asking about.
How do we know Casey had a credit card and ran up$4,500 in charges? Was this a statement made by Cindy on TV?

chicoliving
08-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi-
This is something I"ve been asking about.
How do we know Casey had a credit card and ran up$4,500 in charges? Was this a statement made by Cindy on TV?

I'm not sure where it originated but here's the latest that's been reported:

Investigators also said they suspect Casey ran up charges on her parents' credit cards without permission, so credit card fraud could be another charge.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17113783/detail.html

sweetwater
08-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the link. I wondered whatever happened to Cindy's claim that Casey has stolen a lot of money and why she dropped those claims, or charges and switched into "she's my best friend" mode for the initial bond hearing.
Didn't she also claim on Larry King that she said whatever she felt she had to say to get LE to respond?
Eeew. It is always so disorienting, this strange effect these people generate.

wanttohelp
08-12-2008, 09:30 PM
I thought it was like $40,000, I really thought I heard that. Great point about checking into cameras where the transactions are from though.

LI_Mom
08-12-2008, 09:36 PM

Does anyone know what happened to the credit card? Was it found in the purse left in the car? And what about that "purse" ... Casey had to have realized fairly quickly she had left it in the car. Why not have Tony take her back so she could get it? Wouldn't she be worried that someone would steal the purse with her wallet, ID, house keys, etc? :waitasec:

It's possible the car was already starting to stink to high heaven & she didn't want to chance going back.

I betcha she remembered to take her ID before she left her purse though. How else would she get into clubs or bars? And we know she drove Amy's car AFTER she ditched the death-mobile, didn't she??

LI_Mom
08-12-2008, 09:37 PM
I thought it was like $40,000, I really thought I heard that. Great point about checking into cameras where the transactions are from though.

That rumor seems to be because people weren't sure what they heard...

Supposedly it was supposed to be between 4 & 5 thousand... which was misheard as 45,000.

MidnightMyst
08-12-2008, 09:42 PM
it will be interesting to see what they find out from the cc transactions....

LI_Mom
08-12-2008, 09:48 PM
it will be interesting to see what they find out from the cc transactions....

If she was planning on moving into an apt. she could blow through 5,000 VERY easily....

in NY, you have to pay the first month's rent & a security deposit... sometimes that's an extra month's rent. Then she'd probably look at furnishings for the new place.... basics like for a bedroom & maybe kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff. Some clothes? Plus she probably bought gas.

After the card was cut off, she was stuck stealing gas.

TxRose
08-12-2008, 09:53 PM

I think I remember it being mentioned that she had several purses...not just one. I think they are trying to make it sound like her one and only purse...but I think it more likely that this was just one of many. She left other clothes and shoes in the car too. As little finances as she had, I can't imagine she would have left anything valuable in the car.

LookingForThe Truth
09-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Was it ever established just how much money CA stole from her parents??

monoxide
09-04-2008, 02:23 AM
I am pretty sure it mentioned that she purchase groceries. Of course, she didn't spend all that money on groceries though. If I was Cindy and George I'd make myself look innocent by pressing charges on Casey as well

ThoughtElf
09-04-2008, 02:39 AM
Was it ever established just how much money CA stole from her parents??

Not officially, but Cindy did have to go into her 401K to pay the debt off. So I'm leaning more towards the higher 35,000 - 45,000 range than the lower 4,500 range. I mean that isn't a balance that most people would dip into the 401K for because of the tax bite for early removal. Most would just carry the balance of 4,500 and pay it off over several months.

SuziQ
09-04-2008, 02:39 AM
Cindy's brother, if you believe in him, stated IIRC, that he thought it was around 25K. And that she had to cash in her retirement account to pay it off.

monoxide
09-04-2008, 02:43 AM
I would've disowned her after that. Especially stealing money from Casey's grandparents.

LookingForThe Truth
09-04-2008, 03:17 AM
Not officially, but Cindy did have to go into her 401K to pay the debt off. So I'm leaning more towards the higher 35,000 - 45,000 range than the lower 4,500 range. I mean that isn't a balance that most people would dip into the 401K for because of the tax bite for early removal. Most would just carry the balance of 4,500 and pay it off over several months.

WTH did she spend all that money on??? It is hard not to believe CA wasn't involved in a drug habit.

LookingForThe Truth
09-04-2008, 03:18 AM
I would've disowned her after that. Especially stealing money from Casey's grandparents.

ITA! I hope the grandparents press charges against her!

ThoughtElf
09-04-2008, 03:28 AM
WTH did she spend all that money on??? It is hard not to believe CA wasn't involved in a drug habit.

Unfortunately, I don't think it is that hard for someone young in today's culture to spend that much in a short time. Gas, parting, clothes, etc. If she bought even one designer handbag - then that could run $2000.00, couple of pairs of prada sunglasses = 600.00, etc.

I really should have paid far more attention to what she was wearing in the pictures to see if I could spot high-end labels.

shadow of my mind
09-04-2008, 03:31 AM
Maybe she was purchasing stuff to make drugs with. Meth labs use pretty simple stuff from what I have read but some of the designer drugs are more complicated. Chemistry was not my strong suit way back when so I don't have a real good handle on what it takes to set up some of these labs. That may be another reason that LE was looking for Chlorform in the trunk of the car. Maybae using Cindy's credit card along with her RN license was enough to make purchases of lab type supplies that would raise red flags if the stuff was just purchased by Jane Q. Public. Have nothing to base this own just a thought with the new information about the trunk.

monoxide
09-04-2008, 03:42 AM
Some people are addicted to shopping as stupid as that sounds. I actually don't think she was on meth or anything and she surely wasn't making drug money. If she was doing meth you'd know it. She'd look a lot worse than she already does

Maybe Cindy brought some chloroform home for the hospital....gotta wait to see what else they LE release on this I suppose

ScreenName
09-04-2008, 04:06 AM

Right! That's alot of money for someone to spend in a short amount of time!

Brini
09-04-2008, 04:09 AM
Some people are addicted to shopping as stupid as that sounds. I actually don't think she was on meth or anything and she surely wasn't making drug money. If she was doing meth you'd know it. She'd look a lot worse than she already does

Maybe Cindy brought some chloroform home for the hospital....gotta wait to see what else they LE release on this I suppose

She wouldn't have teeth like that, if she was on meth.

And, if she was addicted to anything, she would've had a tough time in slam.

PurpleHaze
09-04-2008, 04:14 AM
Maybe LE will release those purchases soon since she has new charges stemming from the theft etc. LE seems to let a little out each week. They have a plan.

PurpleHaze
09-04-2008, 04:17 AM
Taking the $$ out of her 401k, is that in an interview (400 pages of docs), or did Cindy just say that when she was on camera? If Cindy just said that to a reporter, I don't believe it.

cacnotcam
09-04-2008, 04:22 AM

I agree. I am more apt to believe 4,500 than 45,000. I also agree with the points you made about the billing cycle, as this has happened to me before!

mom4321
03-20-2009, 06:14 PM
how could cindy not know way before she got that much . She would get a credit card statement each month and should notice if thousands were charged. You would have trouble charging 45000 in one month and the card company would call to check because they are worried about fraud when there are lots of charges at once.
I cant figure out why they didnt stop her or take the cards away from her and what did she do with 45000 ?
Plus who has that much available credit on credit cards anyway ? That seems like allot for people who didnt make that much money .

ibyoungr
03-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Where did she say she did this in 1 month?? I took it that Casey quit working in April of 06. Lauren stopped babysitting for her after she found out Casey was not working for Sports Autority. From April 2006 to 2008 I can see she probably lived it up on 45,000. Cindy worked during the day.. Casey "left" to go to work.. only to come back to the house. Casey could have easily picked up the mail and threw away the statements. She probably took the calls from the creditors or left the phone ring while Cindy was at work. Finally, Cindy probably found out and then just paid it off.

However, SP interview it sounded like she was saying it was Casey then changed it to George. Hmmmmm....

wandering
03-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Where did she say she did this in 1 month?? I took it that Casey quit working in April of 06. Lauren stopped babysitting for her after she found out Casey was not working for Sports Autority. From April 2006 to 2008 I can see she probably lived it up on 45,000. Cindy worked during the day.. Casey "left" to go to work.. only to come back to the house. Casey could have easily picked up the mail and threw away the statements. She probably took the calls from the creditors or left the phone ring while Cindy was at work. Finally, Cindy probably found out and then just paid it off.

However, SP interview it sounded like she was saying it was Casey then changed it to George. Hmmmmm....
Well, someone was hiding the bills...

I seem to recall Cindy or Lee saying (maybe to the cops) that KC had one of Cindy's credit cards for Caylee's needs. Actually, I think it was Lee.

CarolinaMoon
03-20-2009, 06:59 PM
I read the interview and I don't think that SP meant that Casey spent all that money. IMHO, it's possible that the amount refers to the total of what Cindy removed from her 401K to pay off bills and credit cards and the such for both George and Casey. SP did mention George had opened a credit card in Cindy's name and possibly Casey had done the same.

karenmamo
03-20-2009, 07:03 PM
I read the interview and I don't think that SP meant that Casey spent all that money. IMHO, it's possible that the amount refers to the total of what Cindy removed from her 401K to pay off bills and credit cards and the such for both George and Casey. SP did mention George had opened a credit card in Cindy's name and possibly Casey had done the same.
Yes, the interview kind of came across that way. But I believe it was a total amount like you said.
Rick even came up with a sum at one time, but I believe it was from talking to his mom, Shirley.

Searchfortruth
03-20-2009, 07:16 PM
I guess LE would have subpoened those credit card statements from Cindy, JC Penney, Sears, etc...She tried to tell Yuri, during one of the interviews, that there was nothing on the statements and that was why he didn't need to have them. Like it's up to her to decide if it would be useful information or not. I also remember her saying there was only a JC Penney card that Casey had access to, then later it came out (from who I can't remember) that there was a Sears credit card too. $45,000 is a LOT of money, I find it hard to believe that even Casey could get away with stealing that much money, maybe it was George and Casey combined ?

jcamille
03-20-2009, 07:36 PM
My theory is a form of money laundering. She may have bought things with the credit cards that she could sell, pawn or barter (such as electronics) to get cash for her lifestyle.

marla
03-20-2009, 07:57 PM
My theory is a form of money laundering. She may have bought things with the credit cards that she could sell, pawn or barter (such as electronics) to get cash for her lifestyle.

Nah ..
Someone would have come forward long ago if that were the case ..

snow_walker
03-20-2009, 08:31 PM
I just don't see how it could be 45K of credit card theft.. perhaps some crime was committed by KC or G that they had to pay restitution for.

gogrannypop
03-20-2009, 08:38 PM

Nah ..
Someone would have come forward long ago if that were the case ..

That, and she's too lazy IMO

txmama
03-20-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm thinking it was more of an identity theft crime. I would think that KC stole CA's identity info, opened up a few accounts with CA's name and got herself a P.O. Box to send the bills to. The collector calls would call her cell phone(s) if she used those numbers on the credit ap.

I read the interview with SP to be that the 45k was a combination of GA & KC's, not just KC's. When I saw that SP referred to GA doing something similar to KC with credit cards I thought "hmmm, the apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree."

TURBOTHINK
03-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think it is that hard for someone young in today's culture to spend that much in a short time. Gas, parting, clothes, etc. If she bought even one designer handbag - then that could run $2000.00, couple of pairs of prada sunglasses = 600.00, etc.

I really should have paid far more attention to what she was wearing in the pictures to see if I could spot high-end labels.

She had trashy looking clothes, and trust me none of them were expensive.

TURBOTHINK
03-20-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm thinking it was more of an identity theft crime. I would think that KC stole CA's identity info, opened up a few accounts with CA's name and got herself a P.O. Box to send the bills to. The collector calls would call her cell phone(s) if she used those numbers on the credit ap.

I read the interview with SP to be that the 45k was a combination of GA & KC's, not just KC's. When I saw that SP referred to GA doing something similar to KC with credit cards I thought "hmmm, the apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree."

I am interested in this man whose home was burned and his billfold and Sears credit card was found with the remains. I believe KC was into a lot more than murder.

txmama
03-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Additionally, if she was on some crazy shopping spree for a short period of time, where did she put all of her new goodies?

So I think that she did it over a matter of several months. But still, her clothing always appeared to be JCPenney/Target type clothing. I never saw anything that looked expensive.

So this begs the question: What DID she spend the money on? I just can't think of anything that you could use a credit card for that you wouldn't be bringing home evidence of purchasing, especially when you're talking about a good amount of money. I'm stumped.

TURBOTHINK
03-20-2009, 09:59 PM

Cindy said herself early in the case it was $45,000. I did not believe her then, and I believe her even less now. I could go with George's online gambling adding up to that real fast, but KC has nothing expensive. Her shoes, her clothes, all of the things we have seen were of the Walmart, Target style and brands.

magic-cat
03-20-2009, 09:59 PM
I am interested in this many whose home was burned and his billfold and Sears credit card was found with the remains. I believe KC was into a lot more than murder.

Hey turbo!
So the Brian guys house was burned down? Did we find that out today?

panthera
03-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Additionally, if she was on some crazy shopping spree for a short period of time, where did she put all of her new goodies?

So I think that she did it over a matter of several months. But still, her clothing always appeared to be JCPenney/Target type clothing. I never saw anything that looked expensive.

So this begs the question: What DID she spend the money on? I just can't think of anything that you could use a credit card for that you wouldn't be bringing home evidence of purchasing, especially when you're talking about a good amount of money. I'm stumped.
I'm wondering if these were actual purchases, or was this a Visa/Mastercard that was used for cash advances with a PIN #? I also thought the amount was more like $4,000-5,000, and had been misstated by Nancy Grace as $45,000. I can't imagine they had one card with a limit that high, unless it was multiple cards over a period of time. MOO

MD MOMMY
03-20-2009, 10:16 PM

Nope....

MOSSIMO= Target

GEORGE= Walmart

Not expensive at all:loser:

MAMABEAR
03-20-2009, 11:40 PM

Target!

mom4321
03-21-2009, 12:12 AM
[QUOTE=txmama;3486706]I'm thinking it was more of an identity theft crime. I would think that KC stole CA's identity info, opened up a few accounts with CA's name and got herself a P.O. Box to send the bills to. The collector calls would call her cell phone(s) if she used those numbers on the credit ap.

Now that would make sense!!!! But if casey opened accounts fraudelently then cindy would not have been responsible to pay them and would not have needed to clear out her 401k to pay those bills.
Maybe the reason cindy did not press charges is she never had to repay that money because they were opened fraudulently ??

SeekingJana
03-21-2009, 01:15 AM
Nope, not buying that ANY of the Anthonys had credit good enough for a $20,000+ per year theft by Casey even if done over 2 years. NO WAY.
The ONE thing Casey might have done if she can forge Cindy's signature well enough would be related to the Anthony's real estate or taxed property like vehicles. She MIGHT have illegally borrowed against her parents' property in Cindy's name ( if the house mortgage was signed by Cindy alone) .. Might- Possibly- Theoretically. But I doubt it.

Otherwise, I know this family did not have credit worthiness enough for Casey to steal anywhere near that amount from them in credit cards, bad checks, ID theft involving either parent.

It makes me wonder if Cindy has lied about the amount of theft to the MSM to cover up the family's long term financial problems, or if maybe the A's worked out deals in the past to repay people Casey stole from so she wouldn't go to jail.. I can't understand how or why they would do that, but I suppose that since Cindy is such a huge co-dependent enabler that she might..
Seems like she could overlook a pregnancy, drug and alcohol abuse, promiscuous sexual overnighters, the 30 day disappearance of Caylee, the 2 year absence of a " Zanny" and continues to lie, at least to herself, about the murder of her grandbaby.

OneLostGrl
03-21-2009, 01:18 AM

Yeah but we knew that George was this way already.

OneLostGrl
03-21-2009, 01:28 AM
Nope, not buying that ANY of the Anthonys had credit good enough for a $20,000+ per year theft by Casey even if done over 2 years. NO WAY.
The ONE thing Casey might have done if she can forge Cindy's signature well enough would be related to the Anthony's real estate or taxed property like vehicles. She MIGHT have illegally borrowed against her parents' property in Cindy's name ( if the house mortgage was signed by Cindy alone) .. Might- Possibly- Theoretically. But I doubt it.

Otherwise, I know this family did not have credit worthiness enough for Casey to steal anywhere near that amount from them in credit cards, bad checks, ID theft involving either parent.

It makes me wonder if Cindy has lied about the amount of theft to the MSM to cover up the family's long term financial problems, or if maybe the A's worked out deals in the past to repay people Casey stole from so she wouldn't go to jail.. I can't understand how or why they would do that, but I suppose that since Cindy is such a huge co-dependent enabler that she might..
Seems like she could overlook a pregnancy, drug and alcohol abuse, promiscuous sexual overnighters, the 30 day disappearance of Caylee, the 2 year absence of a " Zanny" and continues to lie, at least to herself, about the murder of her grandbaby.

Didn't Cindy empty her IRA and stuff too?

OneLostGrl
03-21-2009, 01:31 AM

Now that would make sense!!!! But if casey opened accounts fraudelently then cindy would not have been responsible to pay them and would not have needed to clear out her 401k to pay those bills.
Maybe the reason cindy did not press charges is she never had to repay that money because they were opened fraudulently ??

But then Cindy would not have had the choice of "pressing charges" or not. Those Casey commited fraud against would have taken it from there and I don't think credit card companies would be as "understanding" (read- enabling) as Cindy.

OneLostGrl
03-21-2009, 01:34 AM
Cindy said herself early in the case it was $45,000. I did not believe her then, and I believe her even less now. I could go with George's online gambling adding up to that real fast, but KC has nothing expensive. Her shoes, her clothes, all of the things we have seen were of the Walmart, Target style and brands.

I certainly don't put it past Cindy to blame Casey for George's financial *****.

Sundance
03-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Hey turbo!
So the Brian guys house was burned down? Did we find that out today?

Yes, we found that out today, and yes, his house burned.

The wallet was an old one that he had put in a drawer of something he had stored in his garage. The credit cards with it and in it were all old. He said when they were cleaning the house site after it burned they had hauled a lot of stuff off.

TrY
03-21-2009, 06:37 AM
After reading SP's interview I'm not all that clear that the $45,000 dollars was all Casey's doing or if it was a combination of Casey and GA running up debt?

What did Casey spend the most of her money on? Huge cell phone bills for one, she was a texting all the time. She ran up a gigantic cell phone bill that she paid by using AH's checking account - that amount didn't go through as Casey had already drained AH's checking account with all the purchases at Target, Publix, and cashing a check to herself at BofA.

I can tell from all of the shoes and flip-flops that LE photographed and took that Casey didn't spend her money on shoes. The shoes and flip-flops looked old and worn out.

Her clothing wasn't that expensive either - I think it came from Target, American Eagle, and Walmart. It didn't look like Casey had a huge wardrobe from the photos of her room, she didn't have a big closet.

I'd love to really know what Casey did with her time when she wasn't working and what did she spend money on and where did she get her money from?

Ms.Heather
03-21-2009, 09:43 AM

Maybe she used the card for cash advances.

It seemed to me that Casey wasn't a high spender, just a spender. Spending a couple hundred dollars at Target on everyday items isn't hard to do, and cover-up.

She stole money from her girlfriend and used it at Target to buy stupid things. I don't think it was ever used for any big purchases... but she wasn't employed for a long time... no cash flow whatsoever... I think the money/credit cards were just used for everyday purchases.

jjgram
03-21-2009, 10:34 AM
I was just wondering... maybe part of the money owed...:confused::confused::confused:
is for the hospital bill for KC.... when little ANGEL CAYLEE
was born... cause... we know for sure... KC had NO JOB>>>
therefore... NO MEDICAL COVERAGE ? ! ? and then that
brings us back to... why WHY did KC not sign up for
Medical Benefits... and IF the Father of the child was KILLED
in Auto wreck... the CHILD of DECEASED person is due....SS
Social Security BENEFITS MONEY ! ! !
KC is weird !
KC IS A LIAR ~ that is why GA & CA had to pay out the
--- for her !

JMO
jjgram

*** SEEKING ~JUSTICE~ for Little Angel Caylee !
Murdered in June 2008 at the young age of 2 years old...
Probably by her so called Mother = KC Anthony

Lexington
03-21-2009, 10:47 AM
From what I understood from the interview with Shirley, the $45,000 was not KC's debt alone, but a combination of KC's and the other hustler George's debt. Cindy must have had zero self-esteem to have not completely cut both of them out of her life. I read Cindy's work sheets in the last document dump and she was not only working full time, she was also working a lot of overtime to support these two thieves. Cindy really has my sympathy on this one.

BeanE
03-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Do we have the timeframe in which that $45,000 was spent?

I was thinking about what she spent monthly. Very much off the top of my head, I can see her easily spending $1,500 per month:
- cell phone bill -$500
- a few hundred on clothes and incidentals for herself - $250
- a few hundred on clothes and stuffed animals and toys for Caylee (or did Cindy buy all that? I think there are a few references saying KC bought for Caylee) - $250
- eating at restaurants, bars, Subway - $250
- drinks at bars - $250
- did she pay for food or drinks for friends? that can add up

If the $45,000 was over a 2 or 3 year period, I can see where just what I listed would reach that amount. But I can't think of any large one-time expenditures that anyone has mentioned that she made, like a car or vacation.

ETA: saw the post above about KC not having insurance for herself or for Caylee. Caylee was supposed to have only 1 cold and I don't know if she was taken for regular checkups. I sort of doubt it, but if so, those check-ups would have been relatively costly to pay cash for.

KC seemed to get a lot of colds and flu. I don't recall any mentions of a doctor or getting antibiotics, but even over-the-counter cold/flu remedies along with Tylenol/Advil can add up as expenditures.

Kat
03-21-2009, 11:32 AM
I was just wondering... maybe part of the money owed...:confused::confused::confused:
KC is weird !
--- for her !

JMO
jjgram

Just a thought jjgram. I wonder if KC could have still been under her Mother's health insurance coverage ( I don't say Father because his IIRC his working time was intermittent). If so, then Caylee's birth might have been covered and wouldn't have run up that huge of a bill?

O/T the only reason I suggest that is that our children are covered either until 21 or up until 24 if they are attending college full time.

karenz
03-21-2009, 11:33 AM

Many people I know have stashes of cash (especially older generation people who are paranoid about banks) so it may have been a situation like that. Also, CA and GA were in the process or had just declared bankruptcy if I recall and if the apple did not fall far from the tree may have hidden some assets that Casey could get a hold of.

For the record, several previous posts have alluded to $4500 or $45,000. Shirley P.'s interview stated $45,000 but it was clear she was unsure and guessing. That is where everyone is getting that figure from.

debs
03-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Many people I know have stashes of cash (especially older generation people who are paranoid about banks) so it may have been a situation like that. Also, CA and GA were in the process or had just declared bankruptcy if I recall and if the apple did not fall far from the tree may have hidden some assets that Casey could get a hold of.

For the record, several previous posts have alluded to $4500 or $45,000. Shirley P.'s interview stated $45,000 but it was clear she was unsure and guessing. That is where everyone is getting that figure from.

Shirley heard the $45K figure on television. Cindy never would tell her a figure.

Kat
03-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Do we have the timeframe in which that $45,000 was spent?

I was thinking about what she spent monthly. Very much off the top of my head, I can see her easily spending $1,500 per month:
- cell phone bill -$500
- a few hundred on clothes and incidentals for herself - $250
- a few hundred on clothes and stuffed animals and toys for Caylee (or did Cindy buy all that? I think there are a few references saying KC bought for Caylee) - $250
- eating at restaurants, bars, Subway - $250
- drinks at bars - $250
- did she pay for food or drinks for friends? that can add up

If the $45,000 was over a 2 or 3 year period, I can see where just what I listed would reach that amount. But I can't think of any large one-time expenditures that anyone has mentioned that she made, like a car or vacation.

ETA: saw the post above about KC not having insurance for herself or for Caylee. Caylee was supposed to have only 1 cold and I don't know if she was taken for regular checkups. I sort of doubt it, but if so, those check-ups would have been relatively costly to pay cash for.

KC seemed to get a lot of colds and flu. I don't recall any mentions of a doctor or getting antibiotics, but even over-the-counter cold/flu remedies along with Tylenol/Advil can add up as expenditures.

O/T I rarely post here on KC boards, I do read though and just wanted to thank everyone for their hard work.

I like your break down BeanE it provoked me to think of the following.

45,000 divided by 24 months is 1875.00 a month. Not a stretch when looking at it that way especially for a woman that says about herself "I can blow through money" or something along those lines.

If we look at your breakdown then it's well within the realm of possibility.

But I'm wondering if the following scenario could also be a factor in the amount 45,000.00 being stolen.

That is, when you take a credit card out you can take a cash advance on many (kudos to the poster above to said this first) when you do that the interest rate on repayment can be astronomical. It can be upwards of 20-30%. Don't pay that card, and you get late fees, over the limit fees, and etc. to boot. Do that over a period of short time and you could open 2- 3 cards and have that kind of debt add up.

Until the meltdown of the economy, up until Jan 09 my Husband and I got offers for CC almost every single day. (I should have opted out, I have now). Cindy has a fairly decent paying job as a nurse. So I can see where she might get those offers too.

Just a few thoughts. I really have no idea how the money was spent, or stolen.

strach304
03-21-2009, 12:12 PM
We know from George that Casey stole a 4,000.00 lump sum that she forged the deposit slip for. Then said she was held up at gun point. It may not be CC theft but probably a large sum over time. She stole from Lee also and Caylee so there's no telling how much over time Casey took.

kageykaren
03-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Sgt. Beary stated in the first few weeks of the case ,"That KC is no stranger to the law"! Also young adults 18 and up are offered so many credit cards especially when applying for colleages, as kC faked doing. I can think of several different ways kC could have manipulated her mothers finances. This girl was committing felonies (financial) on her path of destruction. She worked so hard at being a criminal before she killed Caylee that it is still difficult to believe no one wanted to address these issues.

sharpar
03-21-2009, 12:58 PM
We will probably never know the real amount since the Ant Farm would have to
truthful . I dont see that happening .
Whatever amount it is - it is more than most parents would have tolerated .
What is bizzare to me is that after knowing KC was not to be trusted no effort seemed to be made to put a stop to it .
My husband is severely brain damaged and if I dont hide my cash - he lifts it and hides it He has a stash somewhere ( less than $200) that I havent located . LOL It wasnt long at all before I knew he was doing this so I took preventive measures .

dax
03-21-2009, 01:07 PM
We know that GA had a judgment against him in Aug 2007 for $12642.54 from Citi Bank. Was that a cc? If it was, is it possible that KC had that card too and that could be part of the money GMA's talking about?

jcamille
03-21-2009, 08:02 PM

Perhaps she purchased things for other people in exchange for ......(fill in the blank)

jcamille
03-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Something that puzzles me.....

The A's knew KC was stealing from them in many ways over a long period of time. If you knew this was going on, why would you allow it to continue? Now, we find out that apparently GA had money issues too.

I understand that they couldn't kick KC out because of Caylee, but if you were CA and the two people living in your household had money problems, wouldn't you take REASONABLE steps to prevent the theft/loss of more money from you or to limit your exposure to theft/loss????

For example - CA could have rented a P.O. Box and had the post office forward all mail to it (i.e. credit card offers, credit card bills). She could have put a fraud alert on her credit bureau files that would notify her if any credit cards were taken out in her name. She could have cancelled all existing credit cards. She could have set up an alert to be notified by her bank of all transactions or she could have checked her account online each morning like I do.

How could the financial devastation continue over and over and over and over for such a long period of time?

Searchfortruth
03-21-2009, 08:46 PM

The A's knew KC was stealing from them in many ways over a long period of time. If you knew this was going on, why would you allow it to continue? Now, we find out that apparently GA had money issues too.

I understand that they couldn't kick KC out because of Caylee, but if you were CA and the two people living in your household had money problems, wouldn't you take REASONABLE steps to prevent the theft/loss of more money from you or to limit your exposure to theft/loss????

For example - CA could have rented a P.O. Box and had the post office forward all mail to it (i.e. credit card offers, credit card bills). She could have put a fraud alert on her credit bureau files that would notify her if any credit cards were taken out in her name. She could have cancelled all existing credit cards. She could have set up an alert to be notified by her bank of all transactions or she could have checked her account online each morning like I do.

How could the financial devastation continue over and over and over and over for such a long period of time?I'm having a hard time believing that Casey was able to take $45,000, I guess anything is possible though. I am reminded of George's FBI interview where he talks about getting $60,000 from his workers comp settlement, I believe. He made it sound like he went through it pretty fast, bought a car, etc...This was when he seperated from Cindy. I wonder if Casey ever got her hands on some of that money and with all of the trouble she's in now, they didn't want to mention it. $65,000 is a lot of money to blow.

Jolynna
03-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Since Casey snuck back home every day, it wouldn't have been hard for her to have taken out a couple of cards in Cindy's name. She could have intercepted the mail and stolen enough cash to make minimum payments enough times to keep the cards valid (probably incurring lots of late fees but oh well...). With Cindy's line of credit and lots of trips to Target (mp3s, beer, subways, gas, books,magazines, clothes and toys for Caylee, shoes, sunglasses, beads etc.) it wouldn't take long to add up to $45K.

Lots of kids fresh out of high school go hog wild and get in trouble with their first credit cards. Casey got to start out with Cindy's line of credit.

If Cindy had previously had always paid on time, the credit cards would have been happy for quite a while with minimum payments every so often. With Casey intercepting the mail, George and Cindy wouldn't have known what was going on until they had been turned over to a collection agency.

IMO

justbeachy
03-21-2009, 09:15 PM
That rumor seems to be because people weren't sure what they heard...

Supposedly it was supposed to be between 4 & 5 thousand... which was misheard as 45,000.

I was just getting ready to post this same thing. I thought she said, "4 to 5 thousand" and it sounded like "45 thousand" because she ran the words together.

wheezer
03-21-2009, 09:48 PM

How could the financial devastation continue over and over and over and over for such a long period of time?

Because she didn't want Casey to be mad at her. After seeing the jail videos, Cindy seems to tiptoe around Casey.

mom4321
03-21-2009, 10:40 PM
I was just getting ready to post this same thing. I thought she said, "4 to 5 thousand" and it sounded like "45 thousand" because she ran the words together.

IM not so sure about that because she took 4000 alone when she stole and forged the deposit slip .

cjm11
03-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Since Casey snuck back home every day, it wouldn't have been hard for her to have taken out a couple of cards in Cindy's name. She could have intercepted the mail and stolen enough cash to make minimum payments enough times to keep the cards valid (probably incurring lots of late fees but oh well...). With Cindy's line of credit and lots of trips to Target (mp3s, beer, subways, gas, books,magazines, clothes and toys for Caylee, shoes, sunglasses, beads etc.) it wouldn't take long to add up to $45K.

Lots of kids fresh out of high school go hog wild and get in trouble with their first credit cards. Casey got to start out with Cindy's line of credit.

If Cindy had previously had always paid on time, the credit cards would have been happy for quite a while with minimum payments every so often. With Casey intercepting the mail, George and Cindy wouldn't have known what was going on until they had been turned over to a collection agency.

IMO

This is quite plausible to me. Everyone thought KC had a job, she had to have some spending money from somewhere. Did I read somewhere she used a credit card when she was out with a friend?

Friday
03-21-2009, 11:23 PM
We know from George that Casey stole a 4,000.00 lump sum that she forged the deposit slip for. Then said she was held up at gun point. It may not be CC theft but probably a large sum over time. She stole from Lee also and Caylee so there's no telling how much over time Casey took.

That's right! - Casey also stole the $4,000 she was supposed to deposit for George (sale of his car???)! IIRC, she first produced a deposit slip she'd forged, and when George figured out the forgery, she then claimed she'd been robbed of the $4,000 while working at Sports Authority. George believed that and was so worried about her safety, he made a personal call on the mgr. of Sports Authority immediately after and there, found out Casey'd never worked for SA.

The thing that really bothers/baffles me about the above theft, is that $4,000 was a whole lot of money to the A's at the time and yet George gave no indication that they got any part of it back from Casey--or, if all that money was already spent, what she spent it on. They would have demanded to know, right? She'd only had possession of it for a month or less.

SeekingJana
03-21-2009, 11:49 PM
^^ Friday, I think they learned not to ask Casey too many probing questions, nor to expect many answers. The Anthonys were afraid that Casey would leave and take Caylee with her, like she ultimately and tragically did do.

I can go with $4-5 K. Up to $10K counting theft from other people or in other ways. But, I know the Ants were not credit-worthy enough for Casey to perpetuate CC theft off them in huge amounts.

That was my point- the Anthony parents' credit rating had to have been very poor, just from looking at their jobs, job histories, what George is said to have blown, and his poor work history for many years in FL.

JMO.

essies
03-21-2009, 11:52 PM
With all KC's lies and theft growing ever more brazen it amazes me that CA wasn't more frantic to find Caylee. I would have reported that car stolen within days of KC putting me off and standing me up!!:furious:

Asti
03-21-2009, 11:59 PM
I knew someone who got the mail before his wife (he didn't work, she did) and when offers came in the mail for credit cards he would sign up in his wife's name. When the cards came in he maxed them out, many, many cards. It took a very long time before his wife found out and by then she was in very deep debt. As was mentioned with the interest on those cards it all adds up very quickly. So those things happen, probably a lot.

Reality Orlando
03-22-2009, 12:24 AM

I think so too. The 45,000 may have come from the grandmother's interview...she stumbled on the $45...and the officer asked her if that was $45,000. I don't know if that was a solid statement...does anyone know for sure?

Reality Orlando
03-22-2009, 12:31 AM
O/T I rarely post here on KC boards, I do read though and just wanted to thank everyone for their hard work.

I like your break down BeanE it provoked me to think of the following.

45,000 divided by 24 months is 1875.00 a month. Not a stretch when looking at it that way especially for a woman that says about herself "I can blow through money" or something along those lines.

If we look at your breakdown then it's well within the realm of possibility.

But I'm wondering if the following scenario could also be a factor in the amount 45,000.00 being stolen.

That is, when you take a credit card out you can take a cash advance on many (kudos to the poster above to said this first) when you do that the interest rate on repayment can be astronomical. It can be upwards of 20-30%. Don't pay that card, and you get late fees, over the limit fees, and etc. to boot. Do that over a period of short time and you could open 2- 3 cards and have that kind of debt add up.

Until the meltdown of the economy, up until Jan 09 my Husband and I got offers for CC almost every single day. (I should have opted out, I have now). Cindy has a fairly decent paying job as a nurse. So I can see where she might get those offers too.

Just a few thoughts. I really have no idea how the money was spent, or stolen.

Two years of cc purchases and a) Cindy wasn't aware? She never saw a bill? b) if she never saw a bill, then she wasn't paying it...so I think they would have cut the card off long before 2 years...just my 2¢.

karenz
03-22-2009, 09:47 AM
KC is weird !
--- for her !

JMO
jjgram

IIRC KC was still employed by Universal at the time Caylee was born. She was actually not terminated for desertion until almost 9 months later.

For some reason KC cared more about not naming the father than getting the benefits/money.

karenz
03-22-2009, 09:50 AM
We will probably never know the real amount since the Ant Farm would have to
truthful . I dont see that happening .
Whatever amount it is - it is more than most parents would have tolerated .
What is bizzare to me is that after knowing KC was not to be trusted no effort seemed to be made to put a stop to it .
My husband is severely brain damaged and if I dont hide my cash - he lifts it and hides it He has a stash somewhere ( less than $200) that I havent located . LOL It wasnt long at all before I knew he was doing this so I took preventive measures .

Amen to that Sharpar!! The truth and the ANTHONY's are strangers!

Gansta Kitty says hi to your avatar...Actually he said "Hey Bro! What ya listening too!!"

Friday
03-22-2009, 01:57 PM
^^ Friday, I think they learned not to ask Casey too many probing questions, nor to expect many answers. The Anthonys were afraid that Casey would leave and take Caylee with her, like she ultimately and tragically did do.

I can go with $4-5 K. Up to $10K counting theft from other people or in other ways. But, I know the Ants were not credit-worthy enough for Casey to perpetuate CC theft off them in huge amounts.

That was my point- the Anthony parents' credit rating had to have been very poor, just from looking at their jobs, job histories, what George is said to have blown, and his poor work history for many years in FL.
JMO.

Bolded by me.

We're saying the same thing LOL. The part I just can't accept is related to this: When Casey stole the $4,000 she was supposed to deposit to the A's bank, Cindy & George were in pretty dire financial straights IIRC, and that badly-needed $4,000 was probably equal to about 2 of their mortgage payments!

I agree that George and Cindy may have feared Casey would take Caylee away if they pressed Casey about the money, but they also had a equally big, more immediate and frightening problem: They had to keep a roof over their heads (including Caylee's) food on the table for her.
Now, referring to the part of your post I bolded, wouldn't those problems have forced them to get extremely tough and demand answers from Casey as to where the money had been spent, where the remainder of the money was, etc.? Surely they would have wanted/needed to try to return whatever items she bought!?

$4,000 is a huge amount of money to run through in a month for someone like Casey, who had no expenses except gasoline and a cell phone bill! Cindy and George would have known that better than anyone, and they'd have gotten answers out of her, if for no other reason than to try to recover and return some of the items she'd bought with their badly needed money.

I simply cannot believe for one minute that Cindy just shrugged the matter of the $4,000 theft off and let it drop. For one thing, she and George couldn't afford to do that, no matter how browbeaten they were by Casey.

My theory is that Casey handed Cindy some sort of answer and that, whatever it was, Cindy does NOT want it revealed to LE. Maybe Casey told Cindy she stole the money to repay an embezzlement or theft so she wouldn't get arrested? Or maybe she said she blew it on Gambling? Drugs? A loan shark? An abortion and medical complications?

I don't know, and I don't think George knows what explanation Casey gave Cindy, either. The reason I believe all this is because George seemed genuinely forthcoming during his interview with LE when he brought up the theft, but he offered no explanation about what Casey used the money for and he gave no indication of a family blowup over the stolen money. I think Cindy handled the issue with Casey herself and kept him in the dark.

I also thought it was very odd that, during that interview with George, LE never asked the obvious pertinent questions: "What did Casey do with that $4,000? Was there a fight between Casey and Cindy when you discovered the theft?" Etc. I wonder if LE has or had learned these answers.

Cindy's silence on this entire subject reminds me a lot of her attitude about the delightful afternoon and evening of June 15th which she publicly claims included nothing more than a lovely family swim and ended with her tucking her girls into bed. (An attempted strangulation of Casey and loud screaming battle heard by the neighbors, nothwithstanding.)

Sundance
03-22-2009, 02:32 PM
IM not so sure about that because she took 4000 alone when she stole and forged the deposit slip .

I remember George telling this story and it was that the $4000 was money KC was supposed to be paying Cindy back that she had finally gotten from her 'job' at Universal. Something about payroll screwing things up and KC was to pay Cindy back when they got it straight.

So KC forged the deposit slip and showed it to Cindy to show she had made the deposit. It wasn't until Cindy's account started bouncing checks (because she thought she had 4K in there that she didn't) that they realized the deposit slip was fake.

Then that's when KC made up the story about being robbed at gunpoint to account for the money.

I don't have a link to this though. I will try to find one.

Sundance

dax
03-22-2009, 02:46 PM
IIRC KC was still employed by Universal at the time Caylee was born. She was actually not terminated for desertion until almost 9 months later.

For some reason KC cared more about not naming the father than getting the benefits/money.

bolded by me...

That is just so ridiculously true! When I first heard that "father is dead" story I thought that KC was collecting SSDB so her not working would not be so bad. IMO...there is NO WAY any of them would turn down money they may be entitled to.

I am still convinced that KC was collecting something from the state. How else was she paying for her phone, contacts and every day expenses.... Maybe KC went applied for assistance unbeknown to CA? IDK..

She stole some money for those things but not every month and her phone bills alone were more than $300 a month apparently.

BTW....is it any wonder why we think that Caylee's father is the key to why KC got away with so much?

Sundance
03-22-2009, 02:47 PM
I knew someone who got the mail before his wife (he didn't work, she did) and when offers came in the mail for credit cards he would sign up in his wife's name. When the cards came in he maxed them out, many, many cards. It took a very long time before his wife found out and by then she was in very deep debt. As was mentioned with the interest on those cards it all adds up very quickly. So those things happen, probably a lot.

I have a brother (who is useless) and one that wasn't useless, my oldest brother. (He drowned two years ago this May.)

Useless Brother came by Oldest Brother's house in Mississippi one day while Oldest Brother and wife were on vacation in Washington state. There was an offer in the mail for a card from American Express for Oldest Brother (who had excellent credit by the way).

Useless Brother took the card offer, filled it out, changed the mailing address to his PO box and sent it in.

Several months later, Oldest Brother got a call from American Express about his 'overdue account', which was several thousand dollars in arrears.

It took him months to straighten out the mess.

Strangely enough, Oldest Brother also had the bad luck to have a son-in-law who was worthless and a crack cocaine addict.

Worthless Son-in-Law did the exact same thing a couple of years later - Oldest Brother and wife had gone to Washington state to visit his children and Worthless Son-in-Law came by the house, sent in an offer for a Visa, and then checked every day until the card came, and promptly maxed it out.

Oldest Brother called the police on Worthless Son-in-Law, but it took him months to straighten this mess out too.

So that's how easy it can happen.

FWIW.

Sundance

dax
03-22-2009, 02:51 PM
I've been wanting to ask this question but didn't know where to put it...so here goes.

Who is the Cynthia Marie Anthony that was arrested for prostitution in Nov 2004 around the time KC got pregnant?

My apologies if this has been discussed. I've searched here many times for info about this but haven't been able to find it. If someone has a link...PLEASE help me.

lisalei321
03-22-2009, 04:14 PM
I've been wanting to ask this question but didn't know where to put it...so here goes.

Who is the Cynthia Marie Anthony that was arrested for prostitution in Nov 2004 around the time KC got pregnant?

My apologies if this has been discussed. I've searched here many times for info about this but haven't been able to find it. If someone has a link...PLEASE help me.

Finally a question I can answer!

Go here:

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/AppCommon/

enter her name and you'll see she's a younger black woman that's had a few run ins with the law.

JWG
03-25-2009, 01:36 PM
I guess because she did not work she needed to steal to cover these breath-taking cell phone bills:

7/29/2008 $167.50 Due
7/15/2008 $574.60
6/25/2008 $377.33
5/6/2008 $574.60
4/8/2008 $354.04
3/26/2008 $191.17
2/27/2008 $160.57
1/24/2008 $180.21
2008 total $2,580.02

12/4/2007 $814.00
9/24/2007 $497.75
7/24/2007 $414.11
5/25/2007 $372.82
4/3/2007 $417.47
2007 total $2,516.15

sumbunny
03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
I guess because she did not work she needed to steal to cover these breath-taking cell phone bills:

7/29/2008 $167.50 Due
7/15/2008 $574.60
6/25/2008 $377.33
5/6/2008 $574.60
4/8/2008 $354.04
3/26/2008 $191.17
2/27/2008 $160.57
1/24/2008 $180.21
2008 total $2,580.02

12/4/2007 $814.00
9/24/2007 $497.75
7/24/2007 $414.11
5/25/2007 $372.82
4/3/2007 $417.47
2007 total $2,516.15

OMG $5,096.17 in 13 months!!!!! That is simply amazing!!!
If she were actually working for that money she'd think twice about the time spent on her cellular:rolleyes:

Mendara
03-25-2009, 01:58 PM
OMG $5,096.17 in 13 months!!!!! That is simply amazing!!!
If she were actually working for that money she'd think twice about the time spent on her cellular:rolleyes:

How the heck does that happen?!! WOW!

sunsetbeach
03-25-2009, 01:59 PM

7/29/2008 $167.50 Due
7/15/2008 $574.60
6/25/2008 $377.33
5/6/2008 $574.60
4/8/2008 $354.04
3/26/2008 $191.17
2/27/2008 $160.57
1/24/2008 $180.21
2008 total $2,580.02

12/4/2007 $814.00
9/24/2007 $497.75
7/24/2007 $414.11
5/25/2007 $372.82
4/3/2007 $417.47
2007 total $2,516.15

With all the information out there it can get so dang confusing and you always amaze me with your knowledge of this case. :clap: :blowkiss:

Mrs.Peacock
03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
How the heck does that happen?!! WOW!

I wonder if these charges included internet services on her phone or an aircard? People with unlimited texting and minutes don't even have bills this high?!

jcamille
03-27-2009, 06:23 PM
I wonder if these charges included internet services on her phone or an aircard? People with unlimited texting and minutes don't even have bills this high?!

The cell phone bills are outrageously high. My niece sends/receives nearly 5000 text messages a month - yes - 5000 - and her family has a family plan with 3 cell phones and unlimited voice and data and it is a fraction of the cost. I think she must have had an air card, but didn't have unlimited text, data and internet to have bills this high.

Any other thoughts on how the bills were so high?

Paintr
03-27-2009, 06:35 PM

7/29/2008 $167.50 Due
7/15/2008 $574.60
6/25/2008 $377.33
5/6/2008 $574.60
4/8/2008 $354.04
3/26/2008 $191.17
2/27/2008 $160.57
1/24/2008 $180.21
2008 total $2,580.02

12/4/2007 $814.00
9/24/2007 $497.75
7/24/2007 $414.11
5/25/2007 $372.82
4/3/2007 $417.47
2007 total $2,516.15

:eek::eek::eek: What did she ever find to say? I haven't talked that much in my entire life!

Paintr
03-27-2009, 06:40 PM
I have a brother (who is useless) and one that wasn't useless, my oldest brother. (He drowned two years ago this May.)

Useless Brother came by Oldest Brother's house in Mississippi one day while Oldest Brother and wife were on vacation in Washington state. There was an offer in the mail for a card from American Express for Oldest Brother (who had excellent credit by the way).

Useless Brother took the card offer, filled it out, changed the mailing address to his PO box and sent it in.

Several months later, Oldest Brother got a call from American Express about his 'overdue account', which was several thousand dollars in arrears.

It took him months to straighten out the mess.

Strangely enough, Oldest Brother also had the bad luck to have a son-in-law who was worthless and a crack cocaine addict.

Worthless Son-in-Law did the exact same thing a couple of years later - Oldest Brother and wife had gone to Washington state to visit his children and Worthless Son-in-Law came by the house, sent in an offer for a Visa, and then checked every day until the card came, and promptly maxed it out.

Oldest Brother called the police on Worthless Son-in-Law, but it took him months to straighten this mess out too.

So that's how easy it can happen.

FWIW.

Sundance

I am so sorry that you lost your older brother. Sometimes it seems like the good ones go too soon and the annoying people just seem to hang around forever.

It is very easy to scam a card. I've seen it done often when I worked in a bank.

zippitydoda
03-27-2009, 07:55 PM
The cell phone bills are outrageously high. My niece sends/receives nearly 5000 text messages a month - yes - 5000 - and her family has a family plan with 3 cell phones and unlimited voice and data and it is a fraction of the cost. I think she must have had an air card, but didn't have unlimited text, data and internet to have bills this high.

IMO, because Casey is an idiot and a thief.

If she did not have a job, she couldn't pay these bills from her own earnings. Perhaps she thought - who cares what the amount is? Its not like it was her hard earned money.

Could be that she was too lazy to work out a bettter plan with her carrier, and based upon her payment history, its not like she was an excellent customer who warrented a better plan.

jcamille
03-27-2009, 10:31 PM
IMO, because Casey is an idiot and a thief.

based upon her payment history, its not like she was an excellent customer who warrented a better plan.

I bet you're right. She probably had a very expensive month to month plan, instead of a lower fixed rate long-term plan. I pay $40/month and have a 2 year contract, but I've been w/my cell service provider for 13 years.

Sundance
04-01-2009, 06:40 PM
I am so sorry that you lost your older brother. Sometimes it seems like the good ones go too soon and the annoying people just seem to hang around forever.

It is very easy to scam a card. I've seen it done often when I worked in a bank.

Thank you Paintr, that's very kind of you that say that, and I appreciate it.
And I love your avatar too by the way - been meaning to comment on that.

gardenhart
04-01-2009, 08:10 PM

Were these the actual bills for each month or was she paying down a little and then running it up again so that, say, she owed $400 one month, paid $200 but ran up another $100 so the next month would be $300. Am I making sense? Because how on earth does anyone have an $800+ phone bill for one month?

archenemy toenail
06-07-2009, 10:47 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

7/29/2008 $167.50 Due
7/15/2008 $574.60
6/25/2008 $377.33
5/6/2008 $574.60
4/8/2008 $354.04
3/26/2008 $191.17
2/27/2008 $160.57
1/24/2008 $180.21
2008 total $2,580.02

12/4/2007 $814.00
9/24/2007 $497.75
7/24/2007 $414.11
5/25/2007 $372.82
4/3/2007 $417.47
2007 total $2,516.15

:eek: Wow... Where did you find this? That's $5,000 alone right there in a little over a year that she's stolen from somebody. Add to that the $4000 she stole in the forged deposit slip incident and that's $9000. I could easily see her stealing $25000 from her parents somehow at that rate.

Searchfortruth
06-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Were these the actual bills for each month or was she paying down a little and then running it up again so that, say, she owed $400 one month, paid $200 but ran up another $100 so the next month would be $300. Am I making sense? Because how on earth does anyone have an $800+ phone bill for one month?Good point, could some of these bills have been due to unpaid previous bills..carry over ? I think Casey's cell phone contract was made with very little thought given as to the cost, terms of the agreement. It just goes to show how impulsive and lacking she was in the judgement area.

RJOINNH
06-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Assuming than KC was not on her parents plan,or they at some point made her get her own. Her outragous bills could easily be explained.
It would appear that KC more than likely purchased very inexpensive cell phone plans ( ones that she thought she might be able to swing some how, without having any real income to pay it).....meaning ones than did not include such things as unlimited texting, internet usage or large amounts of minutes.
More than likely a flat 200-300 minute plan, usually costing around $30-$40 a month with all other services being charged per use.
Quite possibly because a credit check would only allow her a very limited plan.
However, she apparently did not hesitate to go ahead and use these services anyway. Incurring extremely high charges per each use.
The average charge for a single text without it being part of your plan is .50 per text incoming or out going. And a 1.00 or more per internet use.
And we all know how much she texted, etc.

Sundance
06-08-2009, 12:13 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

:eek: Wow... Where did you find this? That's $5,000 alone right there in a little over a year that she's stolen from somebody. Add to that the $4000 she stole in the forged deposit slip incident and that's $9000. I could easily see her stealing $25000 from her parents somehow at that rate.

It was in the computer forensics part of the docs IIRC. There was the page where she had gone to try and pay the $574.60 July bill with Amy's checking account (although that payment was bounced right back in a day or so). On that same page was the history of payments she had made.

Sundance
06-08-2009, 02:39 PM
i have seen no public information at this point as to how much of her parents money casey spent, or over how much time they are talking.

nancy grace threw out a 45,000 dollar figure on her show one night but gave no source or context.

i would find it odd if LE refused to look at the receipts cindy offered them. sure they have the officail statements they can look at, but what if there were additional cash receipts included in there? ones that may give them more information than just credit card records.

i would find it surprising if LE didnt confiscate, or at the very least search, all of Casey's belongings that were with her during the month long period she was "on her own".

This is from Rick Plesea's August 21 2008 police interview, on page 19:

YM: Right. Well and you all, you also mentioned here about uh, I guess Cindy had gone into her 401k. Is that something that you knew, or is that something that you heard from uhm, your mom?

RP: Uh, my mom. And, and uh, Cindy confirmed it yesterday when she was blasting me. She goes, “You don’t even know how much I took out of my 401k.” And I said, and uh, it was like, uh, fifty-six thousand or fifty, fifty-two or fifty-six thousand dollars she took…

YM: Man.

RP: …out of…

YM: Holy cow.

RP: …(inaudible) had in it. Yeah (affirmative), because I know it had to be a, you know, because Casey ran up, and that’s what my mom said.

(Whispering in background - inaudible.)

RP: Casey ran up a whole bunch of bills and nearly bankrupted them. That’s why they were behind in payments and...

FWIW, that's the only thin so far I have found.

Sundance

Sundance
06-08-2009, 03:20 PM

From Shirley Plesea’s August 21 2008 police interview, pages 5170-5172:

YM: About, well about Casey stealing from the family.

SP: Yeah (affirmative).

YM: And taking so much that they had to go into their 401K.

SP: Oh. Well she’s telling me now really that uh, she did the 401K because three, a few years ago she had a problem with George.

YM: Well we know about the problem with George too.

SP: Okay.

SB: We know about the problem with George.

YM: Yeah (affirmative).

SB: And it didn’t have anything to do with the 401K at this point.

SP: No. But I mean she said she had to you know, pay a lot of those bills back (inaudible).

YM: Yeah (affirmative), but what, what was the first reason she told you she needed to get into the 401K? Was that it, or was it because Casey was stealing a lot of money that they were, they were going to lost their home again.

SP: Oh, well see she never told me any of that stuff because she’d known I had my hands full worrying about Dad.

YM: True. True.

SP: So uh . . .

SB: She first, she first told you, what you told us a minute ago, she first told you it was about trying to pay the bills off that Casey’d run up, right?

SB: And then she told you later it was about George?

SP: Well, yeah (affirmative). Well first I knew she had all the problems with George because I know he was hundreds of dollars or thousands of dollars into debt.

YM: Uh-hum (affirmative).

SB: Un-hum (affirmative).

SP: That she even had to pay back the IRS because he cashed in his saving, or you know, whatever they had at the, when he was guard over to the . . .

SB: Yeah (affirmative).

SB: Was it his business, what he, what he did for work?

YM: Yeah (affirmative).

SB: His retirement stuff?

SP: Yeah (affirmative), his retirement fund. Uh, and he didn’t tell her that, tell Cindy so she could include it in their . . .

YM: uh-hum (affirmative).

SP: . . . (inaudible). And she gets the big, you know, they keep half of her check or something. So she, she just tells me stuff a little bit at a time because she don’t want to worry me. Now if . . .

SB: When, when did she change, when did she tell you recently that she was doing it to pay off George’s stuff? Was it, was it just since all this has happened?

SP: Yeah (affirmative), since it, since Rick was telling all of this.
YM: But, but before Rick was telling all this it was because of what? What did she tell you before?

SP: She told me before that the, she had to refinance the house and stuff because of I think, I thought she said it was because of George. I don’t know.

YM: Okay. But you don’t remember her mentioning that Casey was, was out there spending a whole bunch of their money . .

SP: Oh.

YM: . . . and . . .

SP: Yeah (affirmative). The last, yeah (affirmative).

SB: How much money did she say that Casey took? Do you remember?

SP: Well, she said, uh, you know, they said something about it being like forty-five thousand.

SB: Forty-five thousand?

YM: What did she tell you?

SP: Well she said “I would, I couldn’t have a, a credit card with that much.” And I said “Well Cindy, she could have made up other cards with your names on them.” I mean George was doing that.

<snip>

YM: Uh-huh (Affirmative). Did she ever say, did she ever say how much that Ci . . that Casey actually stole, or, or used without them knowing? She ever give a dollar figure?

SP: No. I just assumed it was a forty-five thousand myself. That’s what I assumed. She never mentioned a figure.

And that's all I still have found about the amount. So who knows? Go Figure.

countzero
06-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this and since my statement is about $$$, I put it here.

If I understand the financial situation, the A's were in serious financial issues over the past couple of years created by either or both GA and KC.

I did a search and came up empty looking for the computers. What type of desktop and laptop were they and how old were they? And why, IIRC, CA said the laptop was her's, would she need a laptop? Did she actually purchase the computer or did KC, saying it belonged to Universal?

The A' had little if any disposable funds. Perhaps some, a couple of grand, went to purchase these computers.

Nothing adds up with this clan.

ETA: Found the brands, desktop is HP, laptop is Compaq.

whiteangora
06-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this and since my statement is about $$$, I put it here.

If I understand the financial situation, the A's were in serious financial issues over the past couple of years created by either or both GA and KC.

I did a search and came up empty looking for the computers. What type of desktop and laptop were they and how old were they? And why, IIRC, CA said the laptop was her's, would she need a laptop? Did she actually purchase the computer or did KC, saying it belonged to Universal?

The A' had little if any disposable funds. Perhaps some, a couple of grand, went to purchase these computers.

Nothing adds up with this clan.

ETA: Found the brands, desktop is HP, laptop is Compaq.

We saw a bit of Cindy's spending habits on the receipt doc, ( I don't have the link) she spent money like water. Caylee didn't appear to want for anything (except a sane family). I never saw so many different dress up costumes for one child, everything from a cheerleader to princesses and bunnys. Usually when people are empty inside they need to compensate with frequent spending sprees.

carrie
06-09-2009, 02:47 AM
We saw a bit of Cindy's spending habits on the receipt doc, ( I don't have the link) she spent money like water. Caylee didn't appear to want for anything (except a sane family). I never saw so many different dress up costumes for one child, everything from a cheerleader to princesses and bunnys. Usually when people are empty inside they need to compensate with frequent spending sprees.

Maybe she just liked to buy nice things for her granddaughter? No harm in that.

SoSueMe
06-09-2009, 07:44 AM
I would think the $45,000 figure was an accumulation of all the credit card bills. It's easy to get credit for $10K here and $15K there and between KC, CA and GA, they were probably all maxed out.

Along those lines, I don't think GA fell for a pyramid scam out of the Bahamas. I do think he could have easily fallen into the online gambling and a lot of those were out of the Bahamas at one time. You could simply put a few hundred at a time on any credit card and play away.

countzero
06-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Maybe she just liked to buy nice things for her granddaughter? No harm in that.

There is if you don't have the money to pay your monthly living expenses :mad: . CA was fully aware that she was in deep debt for years.

MAMABEAR
06-09-2009, 11:35 AM

Wonder where the money was coming from that kept this family in the life style they had. CA's salary wouldn't have covered it all. She was the only one working. With normal thangs going on maybe---but with KC stealing left and right----there is just no way one pay check could keep up with it all. Money was coming in and CA probably knew where it was coming from.

Most peep do like to furnish the kiddos with toys and clothes but there is no way. Hey---been there done that. She probably didn't make much more than pa-pa bear and we had it comfortable---but then we didn't have anybody stealing from us. (not until he died--that is) But we still couldn't go buy what we wanted when we wanted it---we didn't have a house payment.

Jolynna
06-09-2009, 07:41 PM

7/29/2008 $167.50 Due
7/15/2008 $574.60
6/25/2008 $377.33
5/6/2008 $574.60
4/8/2008 $354.04
3/26/2008 $191.17
2/27/2008 $160.57
1/24/2008 $180.21
2008 total $2,580.02

12/4/2007 $814.00
9/24/2007 $497.75
7/24/2007 $414.11
5/25/2007 $372.82
4/3/2007 $417.47
2007 total $2,516.15

The 4/8/2008 bill is for the same amount that Casey forged the check for from her grandfather's checking account.

Page 10 of Shirley's LE interview. http://www.wftv.com/blank/18974289/detail.html

TrY
06-10-2009, 04:53 AM
The 4/8/2008 bill is for the same amount that Casey forged the check for from her grandfather's checking account.

Page 10 of Shirley's LE interview. http://www.wftv.com/blank/18974289/detail.html

I find it just astounding that Casey's phone bills were so big. Of course the July 15, 2008 amount is what Casey tried to pay with AH's checking account.

I wonder why Casey didn't just sign up for some cell phone unlimited calling and texting plan?

shgrbkr
06-11-2009, 08:20 AM

7/29/2008 $167.50 Due
7/15/2008 $574.60
6/25/2008 $377.33
5/6/2008 $574.60
4/8/2008 $354.04
3/26/2008 $191.17
2/27/2008 $160.57
1/24/2008 $180.21
2008 total $2,580.02

12/4/2007 $814.00
9/24/2007 $497.75
7/24/2007 $414.11
5/25/2007 $372.82
4/3/2007 $417.47
2007 total $2,516.15

I would surely like to know HOW these were paid--CA writing a check, KC using a credit card belonging to someone else, cash--How?

Theonly1
06-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Usually when people are empty inside they need to compensate with frequent spending sprees.

Ya, and add narcissism to it and this is what you get...

AZlawyer
06-12-2009, 04:58 PM

7/29/2008 $167.50 Due
7/15/2008 $574.60
6/25/2008 $377.33
5/6/2008 $574.60
4/8/2008 $354.04
3/26/2008 $191.17
2/27/2008 $160.57
1/24/2008 $180.21
2008 total $2,580.02

12/4/2007 $814.00
9/24/2007 $497.75
7/24/2007 $414.11
5/25/2007 $372.82
4/3/2007 $417.47
2007 total $2,516.15

So...has it already been discussed to death on some thread I missed that the giant bill on 5/6/08 is TWO DAYS after Casey left this comment for a friend on MySpace:

May 4, 2008 2:17 am "i just got a blackjack...it's pretty great. that's what i would recommend."

I know this girl is a huge liar but I really think there may have been a Blackjack after all....

JWG
06-12-2009, 05:31 PM
So...has it already been discussed to death on some thread I missed that the giant bill on 5/6/08 is TWO DAYS after Casey left this comment for a friend on MySpace:

May 4, 2008 2:17 am "i just got a blackjack...it's pretty great. that's what i would recommend."

I know this girl is a huge liar but I really think there may have been a Blackjack after all....

I just noticed something. The May and July bills are identical to the penny. I find that odd.

I put the same post you quoted on the BlackJack thread here. I searched through the thread for the number "574", and it looked like it had been marginally discussed and dismissed.

I just looked at it again after seeing the identical bills and noticed a couple of things. First, folks were talking about the "574" bill paid before the computer forensics were released. So was this released in another document or an interview with an Anthony? :waitasec: Second, folks seem to be talking about the July payment, not the May payment.

Soooo...appears it may be ripe for discussion.

AZlawyer
06-12-2009, 05:48 PM
I just noticed something. The May and July bills are identical to the penny. I find that odd.

I put the same post you quoted on the BlackJack thread here (http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3844347&postcount=480). I searched through the thread for the number "574", and it looked like it had been marginally discussed and dismissed.

I just looked at it again after seeing the identical bills and noticed a couple of things. First, folks were talking about the "574" bill paid before the computer forensics were released. So was this released in another document or an interview with an Anthony? :waitasec: Second, folks seem to be talking about the July payment, not the May payment.

Soooo...appears it may be ripe for discussion.

Yeah, I noticed that too--the two identical $574.60 payments. I'm trying to find the link where these payments were first disclosed...no luck so far. I wonder if something "went wrong" with the first payment--i.e., it was paid on someone else's credit card and they got it reversed ;)--so she had to pay it again (with Amy's account this time).

IIRC, she told her grandma that the $354.04 payment (4/8/08) was for her new work phone and Universal would reimburse her...but based on the 5/4/08 message that she "just" got a BlackJack and the big 5/6/08 bill it seems like she probably didn't get a new phone until around early May. I wonder if someone in the family (Detective Lee?) was asking her questions: "So Universal wanted you to get a new phone? What kind? A BlackJack huh? Cool, can I see it? Oh, you left it on your desk? Can I see it tomorrow?" and she had to go out and ACTUALLY BUY a BlackJack just to back up her lie that she already bought one??? :doh:

JWG
06-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too--the two identical $574.60 payments. I'm trying to find the link where these payments were first disclosed...no luck so far. I wonder if something "went wrong" with the first payment--i.e., it was paid on someone else's credit card and they got it reversed ;)--so she had to pay it again (with Amy's account this time).

IIRC, she told her grandma that the $354.04 payment (4/8/08) was for her new work phone and Universal would reimburse her...but based on the 5/4/08 message that she "just" got a BlackJack and the big 5/6/08 bill it seems like she probably didn't get a new phone until around early May. I wonder if someone in the family (Detective Lee?) was asking her questions: "So Universal wanted you to get a new phone? What kind? A BlackJack huh? Cool, can I see it? Oh, you left it on your desk? Can I see it tomorrow?" and she had to go out and ACTUALLY BUY a BlackJack just to back up her lie that she already bought one??? :doh:

The identical payments don't appear to be a billing reversal. I took everything straight from the raw computer forensic report, where the investigator found a cached ATT web page that Lee visited, showing her payments and current balance.

TakeNote
06-12-2009, 05:57 PM

7/29/2008 $167.50 Due
7/15/2008 $574.60
6/25/2008 $377.33
5/6/2008 $574.60
4/8/2008 $354.04
3/26/2008 $191.17
2/27/2008 $160.57
1/24/2008 $180.21
2008 total $2,580.02

12/4/2007 $814.00
9/24/2007 $497.75
7/24/2007 $414.11
5/25/2007 $372.82
4/3/2007 $417.47
2007 total $2,516.15

why were her bill's so high? was the cell phone in her name? do we have a spread sheet on what these charges are for? if this has all been said and done ..sorry...its been awhile and a link would be great to antother thread...if its been done.....thanks :)

oh and how they were paid....someone above said they were able to view her bill...from where lee visited the web site and seen what was paid and so forth...could we have that too ..to figure out how and with what she paid the bil with...charge, check...ect....again sorry if this is old news....

AZlawyer
06-12-2009, 06:00 PM
The identical payments don't appear to be a billing reversal. I took everything straight from the raw computer forensic report, where the investigator found a cached ATT web page that Lee visited, showing her payments and current balance.

Do you have a link for the report? The payment info isn't in this one as far as I can tell:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1603690/casey-anthony-computer-report

JWG
06-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Do you have a link for the report? The payment info isn't in this one as far as I can tell:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1603690/casey-anthony-computer-report

I'll do you one better, now that you're finally back from vacation. :) Here is the PDF of the report I generated from the word file:

AZlawyer
06-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Hmmm...maybe the high bills could be for something beyond cell phone service...like a wireless internet card for the laptop? Otherwise it would be tough to have a constant internet connection while driving around town with no job. Also it would be hard to explain to your friends why the "work laptop" issued to you by Universal Studios so you could "work from home" would not include a wireless internet connection.

If she had a wireless internet plan with a monthly data limit I bet she would go WAY over and have to pay a lot extra every month.....

TakeNote
06-13-2009, 02:01 AM
on the report that JWG provided, on one of the pages it say's user name "Bobby".....has this been discussed? thanks ....a little OT but didn't know where to ask....:)

Brini
06-13-2009, 01:11 PM

No. Uncle Rick said it was about $45K.

Brini
06-13-2009, 01:13 PM

Rick said it was about $45K, and CA had to go into her 401K to cover.

BUT, Rick said he got that figure from their Mom, Shirley, and SHE got it from CA. Who lies and exaggerates.

Brini
06-13-2009, 01:14 PM

Maybe gifts for bfs? "Loans" to bfs?

Brini
06-13-2009, 01:15 PM

Most places have security cameras.

Brini
06-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the link. I wondered whatever happened to Cindy's claim that Casey has stolen a lot of money and why she dropped those claims, or charges and switched into "she's my best friend" mode for the initial bond hearing.
Didn't she also claim on Larry King that she said whatever she felt she had to say to get LE to respond?
Eeew. It is always so disorienting, this strange effect these people generate.

Listening to ANY of he As could give one whiplash!

Brini
06-13-2009, 01:20 PM

Yeah, Rick and Shirley said it was the higher figure.

Brini
06-13-2009, 01:22 PM

No physiological evidence of drug habit (detox, treatment in jail, withdrawal while incarcerated). She prolly just dabbled at parties, and with bfs.

Brini
06-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Maybe she was purchasing stuff to make drugs with. Meth labs use pretty simple stuff from what I have read but some of the designer drugs are more complicated. Chemistry was not my strong suit way back when so I don't have a real good handle on what it takes to set up some of these labs. That may be another reason that LE was looking for Chlorform in the trunk of the car. Maybae using Cindy's credit card along with her RN license was enough to make purchases of lab type supplies that would raise red flags if the stuff was just purchased by Jane Q. Public. Have nothing to base this own just a thought with the new information about the trunk.

She didn't have a lab, or paraphernalia.

Brini
06-13-2009, 01:24 PM

Hospitals don't use chloroform, anymore. It's no longer approved for medical use. And, nurses may not carry drugs home.

BUT-- I think you nailed KC's addiction-- shopping!

Brini
06-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Taking the $$ out of her 401k, is that in an interview (400 pages of docs), or did Cindy just say that when she was on camera? If Cindy just said that to a reporter, I don't believe it.

IIRC, that was in Shirley Plesea's interview.

essies
06-13-2009, 01:26 PM

Perhaps there were some cash advances and perhaps she got cc's using CA's info! After all, she did forge that deposit slip and used GP's routing numbers to get money. KC's not all that bright but she is sly like a fox!:mad:

Brini
06-13-2009, 01:27 PM

Then, there's the maybe 29% interest.

Brini
06-13-2009, 01:28 PM
I guess LE would have subpoened those credit card statements from Cindy, JC Penney, Sears, etc...She tried to tell Yuri, during one of the interviews, that there was nothing on the statements and that was why he didn't need to have them. Like it's up to her to decide if it would be useful information or not. I also remember her saying there was only a JC Penney card that Casey had access to, then later it came out (from who I can't remember) that there was a Sears credit card too. $45,000 is a LOT of money, I find it hard to believe that even Casey could get away with stealing that much money, maybe it was George and Casey combined ?

Well, she DID manage to kite checks, w/ her grandparents' accounts. And, she kited checks into Amy's.

Brini
06-13-2009, 01:35 PM
We know that GA had a judgment against him in Aug 2007 for $12642.54 from Citi Bank. Was that a cc? If it was, is it possible that KC had that card too and that could be part of the money GMA's talking about?

Yep! The nut doesn't fall far from the nut tree.

CA sure can pick 'em! I'd throw BOTH their butts out of MY house.

Brini
06-13-2009, 01:50 PM
I find it just astounding that Casey's phone bills were so big. Of course the July 15, 2008 amount is what Casey tried to pay with AH's checking account.

I wonder why Casey didn't just sign up for some cell phone unlimited calling and texting plan?

Because she's lazy, and because she doesn't care.

countzero
06-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Kids who aren't mature at KC's age, who don't have financial responsibilities, don't think period of the consequences of their actions. KC is certainly not alone in that respect. She didn't have viable employment other than to be like many others who think they are "owned" by everyone and the system. Stealing was her employment.

Entitlement. Plain and simple. The huge, cell phone bills were but an example. Stealing and using others money to pay for her life style.

As for the cc bills, I believe the total amount of +/- 45K was a collaboration of all the A clan charging on the cc's. CA certainly spent more than she could afford monthly on material items for Caylee. No doubt there were many, many arguments over the prior years of everyone's spending habits in the A clan. CA knew what was being charged, yet she did nothing to stop it. She didn't put any type of red flags on her credit reports, she didn't remove any authorized users from her accounts. Nada, zip. She continue to let the balances and interest rack up. She did at one point get either a HELOC or refinanced the house. But she didn't change her or the A clan's spending habits. They continued to simply "charge it". Heck, she didn't even both to get a cell phone family plan.

I am not sure if it was rumor or fact, but I have read here that she was even considering filing for bankruptcy. CA/GA/LA/KC used and continue to use and abuse the system in one form or manner.

CA knowingly and willingly let everyone else "steal" from her. But when it came to family stealing from her parents, that my fellow WS's is when the straw broke the camel's back for her. That was, in my opinion, the incident that created the calculated murder of Caylee by the A clan.

I have not one ounce of sympathy for the lot of them.