PDA

View Full Version : CA - 3 Silah Boys: Missing & In Danger, Los Angeles, 2008

Salem
08-01-2008, 01:59 AM
This was posted in the Caylee thread, but deserves a thread of its own. It was on Fox this evening. Sounds very scary for the boys.

http://www.mmdnewswire.com/missing-silah-children-3659.html?

I hope they are found soon.

Salem

fran
08-01-2008, 03:42 AM
Help Find Missing Silah Boys

This has pictures of the boys and the fathers.

http://silahboys.blogspot.com/

fran
08-01-2008, 03:44 AM
Child Abduction! Please Help us to locate these children!
Home

To the right is Greg Silah, the son of a very dear friend, Christine Jeanbart.

I have known her over 4 years now and have watched her as she has dedicated her life to raising her son Greg. Greg is a wonderful violinist, excels in school and will be missing his Mommy very much.

This was supposed to be one of the happiest times of Christineís life as she was planning to get married to a wonderful man, Daniel. Greg is to be the ring bearer. They have postponed the wedding till Greg getís home. It was also Gregs birthday on July 23rd, making him 10 years old.

<<<<<<<<<<,much more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://findthesilahchildren.com/

fran
08-01-2008, 03:46 AM
Missing boys may be on way to Syria

Very good candid picture of the 3 boys together

http://www.dailybreeze.com/ci_9966140

fran
08-01-2008, 04:03 AM
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/los-angeles-ca/TR7JEFKB3IJ61K6HJ#comments

WoW!

FWIW, great banter going back and forth between acaintances and family of the victim's moms, also a post by the perp's brother.

Interesting,
fran

fran
08-01-2008, 04:04 AM
George Silah Abducted My Children

http://www.georgesilah.com/

Salem
08-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Fran - thank you so much for helping with this thread. I just saw a link in Caylee's thread and then saw it on the news. Yikes - these poor boys. I hope they are found! I should have put the name in the thread. I'll send a message to one of the mods and ask if they will do that for us.

Salem

fran
08-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Fran - thank you so much for helping with this thread. I just saw a link in Caylee's thread and then saw it on the news. Yikes - these poor boys. I hope they are found! I should have put the name in the thread. I'll send a message to one of the mods and ask if they will do that for us.

Salem

You're welcome Salem!

This was on our local news last night, So. California.

This is a VERY SERIOUS situation. You might want to read the comments section of that Topix link. Quite enlightening, imo.

These two brothers that stole these children are honestly, dangerous criminals who have the Russian Mob after them! Heck, they stole millions of dollars from them, it is alleged.

Alleged, heck, GET OUT of Dodge!

Too bad they had to drag their three innocent children into this! Oh my Goodness! IF these Mob guys catch up to them, those poor children will be collateral damage, IMO. Those guys have NO MERCY!! They are ferocious.

I hope everyone will take a look at those photos and be on the look out for these precious children! LE believes it's quite possible they are still in the U.S. They can't return to the native country, they'd be in trouble there too. Political!

Please everyone, look at the picture of the three children and look at the father's pictures too. You might see them in a city near you. Call LE immediately. These guys are dangerous. They have a weapon.

fran

Salem
08-01-2008, 01:23 PM
I agree about taking the boys with them! What were they thinking? Obviously not about the boys. What POSs. They could have made their escape so much easier if they would have left the boys home with their mothers.

I wonder if they were thinking the Mafia would not find them if they were traveling with the boys? I'm glad the mothers held the passports. They can travel with the birth certs, but it is harder, in my opinion.

I hope they are found!

Salem

Salem
08-01-2008, 01:40 PM
The comments on topix are just mean! What the hell -- do those people have brains? Both men are wanted for crimes that have nothing to do with the abduction. The Russian mafia is looking for them - and we should wait to hear their side of the story??????? I don't think so. They should be found, turned in and then they can give their side of the story to LE.

Salem

fran
08-01-2008, 03:19 PM
The comments on topix are just mean! What the hell -- do those people have brains? Both men are wanted for crimes that have nothing to do with the abduction. The Russian mafia is looking for them - and we should wait to hear their side of the story??????? I don't think so. They should be found, turned in and then they can give their side of the story to LE.

Salem

You're right Salem. Many of those comments are mean. But, you know what? When I come upon those types of posts, I just pass them by. They're not worth my time to read. No substance by someone looking for attention and have absolutely nothing to do with recovering these precious children. They're looking for attention and they lost me with their first few words.

I'm more interested in what the friends and family say. THOSE posts have substance and give an excellent background on what LE is having to deal with here.

PLEASE! EVERYONE TAKE NOTICE. THESE THREE CHILDREN'S LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Go to the links and look at the two abductors pictures and the children's photos as well. IF you happen to see them, you may SAVE THEIR LIFE!!

This is a VERY serious and dangerous situation.

fran

fran
08-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Warrants Pending For Brothers From Syria Who Took Sons

LOS ANGELES -- A Los Angeles police detective hopes to have felony search warrants issued this week for two brothers from Syria who disappeared with their three sons.
.........................snip..................... ..

Jean Silah picked up his child, 9-year-old Greg, from his ex-wife for a summer vacation visit on June 23.
.........................snip.....................

At the same time, George Silah had his two sons, Alexander Silah, 12, and Zaven Silah, 8, at the home the brothers shared in the 7300 block of West 81st Street.

http://www.knbc.com/news/17037586/detail.html?rss=la&psp=news

fran
08-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Mothers fear for their missing children

Shortly before two Westchester men allegedly abducted their sons, they received telephone messages from irate investors who threatened to torture and kill, their ex-wives said Tuesday. LAPD seeks felony warrants against brothers

The threats, the women and their attorney said, came from members of the Armenian community who recently were bilked out of $5 million.

"My fear is that my children are in harm's way," said Zanni Meguerian, whose sons, Alex, 12, and Zaven, 8, vanished with her former
husband, George Silah, 46, earlier this month.
Also missing are Silah's brother, John Silah, and his son, Greg, 10.

Meguerian and Christine Jeanbart, Greg's mother, believe their ex-husbands are headed to their native Syria, but are still hiding in the United States while trying to obtain passports for the children.

.................snip...................

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_10037867?source=rss

If You See These Boys, Please Call Police. People They're With May Be Armed And Dangerous!

SeriouslySearching
08-02-2008, 01:00 AM
I saw this on one of the morning shows. It is very disturbing. However, is it possible they may have actually taken the boys in order to keep them alive and safe? I realize they could be con artists (at least to hear their wives tell it), but if someone is after their families as the calls indicated...I am not so sure they didn't hide the children from those people. They cannot protect the ex-wives, but maybe they thought they could protect the children.

The women were so vague. They showed the house with the mattresses laying on the floor etc. The women let the children go with the men without knowing what living conditions were like?! Makes no sense to me. Something is wrong with this picture.

If these men are guilty of taking millions of dollars...why were they allowed any visitation at all? Disney cruise? WHAT?! No way.

See...it doesn't add up why the women so casually handed the boys off for the summer to them. I don't understand unless the women are somehow in on it.

Remember, if the men truly ARE con artists...what makes anyone think this isn't a con, too?

fran
08-02-2008, 03:07 AM
SS.......read the topix discussion. This isn't a con by the ex wives of these two theives.

These men abducted their children. The moms had custody. These were scheduled visits. Divorced parents do it every day. They also steal them. Hide them. Run with them.

These guys are scammers. Before coming to California, they did scamming in Pennsylvania.

Just read the articles. LE is looking for them. As soon as LE can find them, they'll take away the children and return them to their moms. THEN LE will look into other charges.

I don't see anything to indicate this is other than what it is. A non custodial parent, stealing the child and running. The Cruise etc was to buy them more time before their deception was discovered. It worked. They'd been gone for a week before it was discovered they didn't take the scheduled cruise.

The Russian Mafia is after these guys. They scammed million$ from an investment scam. It happens every day to millions of people. This time they did it to the WRONG people, IMO. Now they're running scared and they took ALL of their POSSESSIONS. (which included the children)

JMHO
fran

fran
08-02-2008, 10:55 AM
I haven't seen any news on these three missing children today. Please anyone reading here, go to the links, look at the children's faces, the fathers, and IF you see any of them call your local POLICE

The fact is, these three boys are brothers and cousins kidnapped by their (brother) fathers who are CRIMINALS. The fathers are wanted by the Russian Mafia for a multi million dollar scam. The people that are looking for these two fathers are NOT messing around. They're dangerous individuals who are seeking revenge. They have hatred in their hearts for these two brother (fathers) and they will stop at nothing to achieve the ultimate revenge if they don't get their money back. That could possibly include the murder of these three young boys, should they be anywhere near their dads IF and when they find them. The boys would most likely be collateral damage.

Please help and try save them if you can. These three boys have mothers and families who are desparate to find them and just want them home.

They are loved!

Thank you,
fran

Caution, the Silah Brothers May Be Armed and Dangerous

JBean
08-02-2008, 11:50 PM
thank you for all this info Fran.

Salem
08-02-2008, 11:52 PM
JBean - thanks for taking a look at this thread. Any help would be appreciated.

And Thanks to you Fran for keeping it going. I'm going post a call for help in a couple other threads.

Salem

ETA: I posted a call for help in the Caylee thread, the Reigh thread and in the jury room. They seemed to be the threads with the largest amount of activity at the moment. Any other ideas?

Do we have a myspace searching expert here? We should look to see if these guys have myspace pages.

Cubby
08-03-2008, 08:50 AM
What handsome boys. I hope they are found safe soon. Syria is not one of the countries participating in the hague convention.
http://travel.state.gov/family/abduction/hague_issues/hague_issues_1487.html

I wonder if the boys had visa's? It's hard to imagine how someone could abduct the children out of the country without the required documentation, but I am sure it can be done.

Bobbisangel
08-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Did the ex-husbands tell the ex-wives that they stole money and the mafia is after them? Did they hear the messages on the cell phones or message machines or did someone else tell the wives about the theft and the mafia?

Regardless of whether the mafia is after these guys or not they didn't have the right to take the boys. Now when they are caught they will lose their visitation rights or at least they sure should. I hope they are found before anything happens to the kids.

I wonder if the mothers were comfortable letting the boys go stay with their fathers? If they are court ordered visitation the mothers didn't have a choice but to let the kids go.

Salem
08-03-2008, 11:09 AM
What handsome boys. I hope they are found safe soon. Syria is not one of the countries participating in the hague convention.
http://travel.state.gov/family/abduction/hague_issues/hague_issues_1487.html

I wonder if the boys had visa's? It's hard to imagine how someone could abduct the children out of the country without the required documentation, but I am sure it can be done.

All the articles say the moms refused to give the dads the boys' passports. But the moms also say they believe the dads could take the boys out of the country with just birth certificates.

Also, in one of the searches of the house, iirc, there was evidence of document falsifying. So maybe the dads made passports? That is just speculation. I don't remember anything about the false document production relating to passports, but there was identify theft, etc.

Salem

Salem
08-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Did the ex-husbands tell the ex-wives that they stole money and the mafia is after them? Did they hear the messages on the cell phones or message machines or did someone else tell the wives about the theft and the mafia?

Regardless of whether the mafia is after these guys or not they didn't have the right to take the boys. Now when they are caught they will lose their visitation rights or at least they sure should. I hope they are found before anything happens to the kids.

I wonder if the mothers were comfortable letting the boys go stay with their fathers? If they are court ordered visitation the mothers didn't have a choice but to let the kids go.

I believe the evidence against the fathers was discovered when the moms got LE to go to the dads' house to look for the boys. It was then discovered that the men had been engaged in some pretty shading dealings and this is when the phone messages were discovered.

Salem

Salem
08-03-2008, 11:12 AM
I found no myspace pages..... Did anyone think I would?

These guys must have some internet presence based on thier activities, I would think.....

Salem

Cubby
08-03-2008, 11:44 AM
All the articles say the moms refused to give the dads the boys' passports. But the moms also say they believe the dads could take the boys out of the country with just birth certificates.

Also, in one of the searches of the house, iirc, there was evidence of document falsifying. So maybe the dads made passports? That is just speculation. I don't remember anything about the false document production relating to passports, but there was identify theft, etc.

Salem

It's not easy to take the child out of the country with just birth certificates. Even if a passport is not required, it is my understanding and experience that a letter from the other parent must accompany the children regardless of whether or not the parent has sole custody/shared custody or simply visits. When I took my son to Canada, his BC had NO fathers name and it was still difficult.

Though, I guess it would be easy to falsify permission from the other parent. At least for anyone with criminal intent.

Cubby
08-03-2008, 11:46 AM
I wonder if these men had any connection with Fathers 4 Justice. They seem to be a pretty radical group and in previous cases of international child abduction the non custodial father had been in contact with members of this group. On the other hand, they could also have help from friends or relatives living in Syria.

Any computers seized for info? Cell phone records? or might they be using the disposable cell phones. how easy are those disposable cell phones to trace?

Salem
08-03-2008, 03:18 PM
I wonder if these men had any connection with Fathers 4 Justice. They seem to be a pretty radical group and in previous cases of international child abduction the non custodial father had been in contact with members of this group. On the other hand, they could also have help from friends or relatives living in Syria.

Any computers seized for info? Cell phone records? or might they be using the disposable cell phones. how easy are those disposable cell phones to trace?

Good questions Cubby. I can find nothing on the internet, except all the media reports. It sounds as if the mother & father (grandparent) returned to Syria the week before the boys went with their fathers. So the fathers definitely have help in Syria.

I am assuming, I don't know for certain, that LE confiscated anything they could get their hands on. It is my understanding that warrants have been issued for both fathers. The moms have gone back to court and been awarded sole custody and the Judge told LE to find the fathers (pretty unusual in my experience).

I don't know about fathers for justice. These guys are out of the UK right? I thought they just climbed tall buildings and went on hunger strikes :crazy:

My thought is these guys have moved into a small rural community while waiting for the heat to calm down. Getting the word out all over California and neighboring states is important. If they were headed to Big Bear to camp, they could have some knowledge of other campgrounds up and down the state.

I just don't know and aside from getting the word out, I don't really know how to help. I imagine at this point the boys are scared to death and that makes me sad.

Salem

Love_Mama
08-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Home

To the right is Greg Silah, the son of a very dear friend, Christine Jeanbart.

I have known her over 4 years now and have watched her as she has dedicated her life to raising her son Greg. Greg is a wonderful violinist, excels in school and will be missing his Mommy very much.

This was supposed to be one of the happiest times of Christineís life as she was planning to get married to a wonderful man, Daniel. Greg is to be the ring bearer. They have postponed the wedding till Greg getís home. It was also Gregs birthday on July 23rd, making him 10 years old.

<<<<<<<<<<,much more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://findthesilahchildren.com/

Fran, I happen to know well an Armenian family and have for years been close friends with them.

As a married couple they are quite different than an American Couple.
Meaning an American Couple born in the U.S.

I found this very interesting article on Google and I wish you and your friend could read it. I think she will understand it completely.

If possible could you get back with her reaction?

This was writtenin 2000 but I don't think the dynamics would have changed much.

http://www.hopeforfamily.org/changemw.html

This is just a terrible situation these mother's are in!

xxxxoo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Alexander & Zaven Silah missing from Los Angeles, CA, has been recovered.

Per NCMEC Poster Partners

I wonder about Greg? Note that all 3 of the boys are no longer listed at NCMEC.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
11-04-2010, 01:46 PM
NEVERMIND!!! :D

Greg Silah missing from Reseda, CA, has been recovered.

Lyn1001
11-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Was reading back through the thread after seeing the WONDERFUL update. I noticed prior to their being found, the last post was from Love Mama. I'm willing to bet she was an angel to those boys, and all our missing.

gitana1
11-06-2010, 02:54 AM
I never heard about this case until tonight. The moms are on their way to Holland right now to get their boys. I wonder where the kids were all this time and how they were eventually found. This is such excellent news for these boys and their mothers. Thank God!

fran
11-06-2010, 06:15 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/11/fugitive-fathers-netherlands-kidnapping.html

2 fugitive fathers arrested in abduction of their sons

Two Westchester brothers accused of kidnapping their sons in July 2008 and taking them overseas were arrested in the Netherlands earlier this week, the FBI said late Friday.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
11-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Abducted local boys found in The Netherlands after 2 1/2 years; dads arrested

Two Westchester brothers accused of abducting their three sons and spiriting them out of the country have been arrested in The Netherlands, where the boys are safe and awaiting their mothers' arrival today.

[snip]

"Greek law enforcement conducted an exhaustive investigation which led them to The Netherlands, where they collaborated with Dutch law enforcement," Eimiller said. "The investigative efforts of law enforcement in Greece and The Netherlands resulted in the identification of the Silah brothers and the victim children."

Once they were located, FBI agents in Los Angeles obtained an arrest warrant that enabled police officers in The Hague to arrest the Silah men and recover the children, she said.

[snip]

Stackhouse said she called the shelter where her son is staying. A woman there told her the children are safe and healthy, but confused. The three boys are asking questions about why they are there.

The mother said she did not know where the men took the boys, but they had been in Greece. Authorities have said the boys will need therapy.

More: http://www.dailybreeze.com/latestnews/ci_16532692

limey2632
11-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Thank you for your interest and support in the case of our missing children.
Alex, Zaven and Greg will soon be coming home with their moms, Zanni and Christine. I am in contact with Christine and she says she is so excited but at the same time concerned at how the children are doing. A lot has happened to the children over the last couple of years and it has had it's toll on them.
She and Zanni will be rejoining them early in the week and hopefully will be heading home to the U.S towards the middle of the week.

I thought I would just stop by to express our appreciation for your support and encourage you to continue sleuthing because it's folks like yourselves that can make a difference.

For updated information as it is available stay tuned to the children's website at FindTheSilahChildren.com (http://findthesilahchildren.com)

All the best,
Paul Shepherd

Site Editor at FindTheSilahChildren.com

http://findthesilahchildren.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/Wanted_Found_combo.jpg

http://findthesilahchildren.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/Wanted_arrested_combo.jpg

LadyL
11-07-2010, 07:47 PM
gosh, so happy they've been rescued but concerned for their emotional health

gitana1
11-12-2010, 02:48 AM
Here are the Silah boys back with their moms! http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/CRIME/11/11/missing.boys.reunited/t1larg.silah.reunited.jpg

limey2632
11-13-2010, 03:30 AM
"A priceless moment I will never forget!!!!!", those were the words Christine spoke of the first hug she had received from her son in 2 1/2 years.
A hug lasts for a moment but the memories will last a lifetime.

http://findthesilahchildren.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/first_hug.jpg

Limey,
Site Editor, FindTheSilahChildren.com