PDA

View Full Version : Gas Cans

AlwaysShocked
07-29-2008, 06:24 AM
In the thread entitled "Myspace and Facebook comments" this line appears:
"Sun Jun 22nd 6pm Tues Jun 24th 10am: Shed at family home broken into, 2 gas cans stolen by unknown thief."

I have not seen this reported before. Is this shed located at the Anthony home?

This is ominous!

emanon7
07-29-2008, 06:40 AM
In the thread entitled "Myspace and Facebook comments" this line appears:
"Sun Jun 22nd 6pm Tues Jun 24th 10am: Shed at family home broken into, 2 gas cans stolen by unknown thief."

I have not seen this reported before. Is this shed located at the Anthony home?

This is ominous!

Yes, it's at their house in the backyard and the backyard is fenced. What I would like to know is if there were any other homes that had backyard break-ins at the same time. It's possible that some random person or persons just happened along and went into a fenced yard and broke into a locked shed and only took 2 gas cans with gas but rather unlikely.

AlwaysShocked
07-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Were the parents (Cindy and George) away from their home during the period of time when the shed was broken into?

Here is where I am confused: Casey was living at her parents' home. Baby Caylee is seen in video of June 15th. Then Casey has an argument with her mother and announces she is moving out, right? At some point she steals her mother's car. Were Cindy and George out of town when the car was taken and came home to find no car, no Casey and no Caylee?

emanon7
07-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Were the parents (Cindy and George) away from their home during the period of time when the shed was broken into?

Here is where I am confused: Casey was living at her parents' home. Baby Caylee is seen in video of June 15th. Then Casey has an argument with her mother and announces she is moving out, right? At some point she steals her mother's car. Were Cindy and George out of town when the car was taken and came home to find no car, no Casey and no Caylee?

With all the lies and misdirection it's hard to know exactly when Casey left home. I thought it was before the 15th but I really don't know. There was the video on the 15th taken by Cindy at the GGPs assisted living residence. I don't believe Casey stole the car....that was just a threat by Cindy to get Casey to tell her where Caylee is. Casey had full use of that car with her parents permission. Cindy & George didn't know anything about the car until they got a registered letter from the towing company on the 13th or so of July. George picked it up on the 16th of July and drove it home with all the windows down because of the smell. The towing company picked it up on the 30th of June after it had sit in the Amscot parking lot since 6-27.

nursebeeme
07-29-2008, 06:44 PM
http://www.automotive.com/1998/09/pontiac/sunfire/index.html the Car the poi was driving was a 98 Pontiac Sunfire. The above link demonstrates that for this particular car, the miles per gallon is 24 miles per gallon in the city and 34 miles per gallon on the highway.

June gas prices in Orlando florida were an average of 3.95. Grandpa stated around fifty dollars of gas were stolen 24 June. Not knowing when he filled those cans I will estimate at the June average price... which means there were arounnd 12.6 gallons of gas.
http://www.orlandogasprices.com/

The following is a theory.

POI killed her daughter on 24 June. Most likely accidental.

She knew she had to get rid of the body. She had no money and her car was on empty. She drives to her house between the hours of 8 and 10, backs into the driveway as she has her daughter's body in the trunk and the rear of the car has a lot of windows. She doesn't want her neighbor to see anything. She walks into the backyard to get gas cans out of the shed and finds the it is locked! She sees her neighbor doing yardwork in the back and asks to borrow a shovel. After the neighbor goes in to take a shower she breaks off the lock, gets the gas cans, and returns the shovel while neighbor is still in the shower and places the cans in the trunk. She drives to a secluded area to put the gas into the car and leaves the gas cans there or throws them into a dumpster somewhere.

She now has 12.6 gallons of gas in her pontiac sunfire. We know her car, when abandoned at amscott, was out of gas. 12.6 gallons of gas in a sunfire will go 302.4 miles. That would be 151.2 miles each way. So what locations can be around 150 miles from Orlando? Where could the poi have went on a 150 mile road trip... could she have dumped the body at this time?

I will be back to finish this after the server upgrade

Straitfan
07-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Does anyone know what date Casey "moved out" of parents home as it seems the shed / gas was prior to anything regarding Caylee missing.. I was thinking maybe she still lived at home when the gas was taken and took it because parents didn't give her money for gas or whatever that day... Just thinking outloud :)

nursebeeme
07-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Does anyone know what date Casey "moved out" of parents home as it seems the shed / gas was prior to anything regarding Caylee missing.. I was thinking maybe she still lived at home when the gas was taken and took it because parents didn't give her money for gas or whatever that day... Just thinking outloud :) the police report was filed june 24th. It can be found at the OCSD website and the page on this case.

CarolineJ
07-29-2008, 06:56 PM
You might be on to something! I hope the detectives think the way you do. She probably didn't use the entire fuel on that trip but could have gone somewhere like the Ocala National Forest, probably 90 miles or so one way. Or she could have headed down south in the central part of the state to somewhere in the Everglades.

Straitfan
07-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Sorry about thinking the gas was missing prior to Caylee, have June/July messed up..

Though I do think she may have taken the gas to get to Jacksonville or something around that time especially with it being around same date others say they heard Caylee in the background.. I wish they could release her cell records lol, sure would make all the dates/places etc easier to track.

krimekat
07-31-2008, 12:39 PM
what if the gas was used to dispose of the body after it was transported back to the Anthony's home?

AlwaysShocked
07-31-2008, 01:13 PM
And now, I've read on another thread, George is claiming that he now knows who stole the gasoline cans! Okay, George, who stole them?

These parents remind me way too much of Lee and Jackie Peterson!

Next thing Cindy will be stating that Casey had her permission to take her charge cards and go out on a ($25-45,000???) spending spree!

By the way, what in God's name all could the girl have purchased to spend $25,000 let alone $45,000??? Was she purchasing an automobile or what?

I have not read the details of Cindy's "receipts". Has anyone read the details of these?

TisHerself
07-31-2008, 01:36 PM
She spent $45,000 on her mother's credit card???:eek: In what period of time was this? was it days ,months?

I think this whole family is whacked, their priorities are all screwed up.

Blondieskatz
07-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Tuesday night on NG it was stated that gas cans had been stolen from the shed before so the Casey's father didn't see this as a big deal. I will see if I can find transcripts from the show.

Blondieskatz
07-31-2008, 03:10 PM
Here it is~

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0807/29/ng.01.html

"GRACE: You know, I`m just thinking back over this -- back out to Rory O`Neill with Metro Networks. I can tell you right now what my twins are wearing to bed tonight, and I`m not even there. How can she not know the last time she spoke to the baby-sitter that took off with her child, OK? That`s what I`m having a hard time taking in. What more can you tell me about this alleged break-in in the tool -- the tool shed of the family home?

O`NEILL: Well, late last month, it was Caylee`s grandfather, George Anthony, who had reported to the local sheriff`s department that someone had broken into the back yard shed and stolen a couple gasoline cans. This has happened a couple times in the past. Police were aware of it, or the detectives, rather, were aware of it. They don`t think it has any direct connection to the case, but it has happened, apparently, several times in the past, as well."

LI_Mom
07-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Now we know why Casey had to borrow the neighbor's shovel... her parents kept theirs in the same place as the gas.

But with the price of gas these days, I have to think most people lock up their gas supplies. And you'd lock it up for sure to keep young children from getting to it.

I can see George would assume ANYONE could have broken in & stolen the gas.

ElizaAvalon
08-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Assuming it was gas cans that were taken in at least one of the bags of evidence from the Anthony house yesterday, I have a lot of questions about them...

Who gave them back to George?
Were they actually in the trunk of the car that was impounded as is being reported?

If they were in the trunk, did Casey take them and put them there?

Let's say she did take them. What did she use them for?

To me, if Casey took the gas cans and they were found in the back of the trunk, I would wonder why she didn't just fill up her car and put them back to hide the theft. Why take them and put them in the trunk? Maybe because she didn't want the neighbors to see her filling the tank? Maybe because she used the gas for something else?

I really am leaning towards using the gas to fill up the tank. Specifically because the car was then empty by June 30th. Casey then goes to stay with Amy and steals money, so we know she was tapped out.

SusieClue
08-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Assuming it was gas cans that were taken in at least one of the bags of evidence from the Anthony house yesterday, I have a lot of questions about them...

Were they actually in the trunk of the car that was impounded as is being reported?

To me, if Casey took the gas cans and they were found in the back of the trunk, I would wonder why she didn't just fill up her car and put them back to hide the theft. Why take them and put them in the trunk? Maybe because she didn't want the neighbors to see her filling the tank? Maybe because she used the gas for something else?

I really am leaning towards using the gas to fill up the tank. Specifically because the car was then empty by June 30th. Casey then goes to stay with Amy and steals money, so we know she was tapped out.

I haven't read everything here, so forgive me if it has already been said, but I can't help believing she used the gasoline to set fire to a body...to destroy evidence. I would hate for that to be true.

RNmomnFL
08-02-2008, 01:00 PM

Just brainstorming, not saying this happened of course:

I assume gas in cans is used to fill ATV's, boats, jetski things, cycles. Possibly the gas was used in some other vehicle.

Anniegirl
08-03-2008, 04:13 AM
A reporter on Geraldo tonight said it had been gas cans taken ( for finger prints) and also that it was blood stains in trunk of car----that a lead investigator told her this.

Patty G
08-03-2008, 11:28 AM
In this "raw interview" video, Cindy talks about false information that the media is saying. One of the false statements that Cindy points out is: "George never said Casey stole gas". You will see George standing right behind Cindy.

It takes time to get to where she says this and it is repeated toward the end of the video.

http://www.wftv.com/video/17037822/index.html

There is a video out there where the media caught up with George and Cindy either before or possibly after a visit with Casey, when a reporter asked about the gas cans and George replied: I did find out who did it and they came back to me and that was the extent of it."

I can't remember if George was in a yellow shirt, or the printed t-shirt, and not sure if Cindy was wearing pink or that printed t-shirt.

If anyone here saw that video and has the link to the video, kindly post it here so I can look at it again. Thanks.

SeriouslySearching
08-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by SuziQ
Today, 07:02 AM
SuziQ

SS, here is the comment about when George stated a neighbor took the gas cans.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17058741/detail.html

(snips)
Friday, investigators went to the Anthony family home and removed gas cans. The cans were reported stolen in late June around the time Caylee may have disappeared. George Anthony said the cans were taken by a neighbor but admits his daughter had stolen gas from his home in the past. Sources close to the investigation say they don't believe the cans were used to burn or destroy evidence. But investigators do want to test the cans to see if they were near Caylee before she disappeared.

WOOHOO! Thanks bunches, Suzi!!!

OK...(Hands on hips) NOW...who was it who doubted my word before and made me spend over an hour trying to find that?!?!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2451265&postcount=397

websurfer
08-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Now we know why Casey had to borrow the neighbor's shovel... her parents kept theirs in the same place as the gas.

But with the price of gas these days, I have to think most people lock up their gas supplies. And you'd lock it up for sure to keep young children from getting to it.

I can see George would assume ANYONE could have broken in & stolen the gas.

:rolleyes:breaking into a shed for a shovel
and for gas to be stolen
considering the timeframe & the
things mysteriously mentioned...
oh yes I bet Caylee is as safe as Casey insists she is????

GM mentions this word a lot
PUZZLE
say what?
Puzzle?
The only puzzle is why they didn't adopt Caylee from Casey in the first place.

websurfer
08-04-2008, 11:04 AM
:rolleyes:breaking into a shed for a shovel
and for gas to be stolen
considering the timeframe & the
things mysteriously mentioned...
oh yes I bet Caylee is as safe as Casey insists she is????

GM mentions this word a lot
PUZZLE
say what?
Puzzle?
The only puzzle is why they didn't adopt Caylee from Casey in the first place.

were the gas cans recovered/Fingerprinted/or are they safe someplace too??

Amberjack
08-04-2008, 12:08 PM
The Shed:

http://i35.tinypic.com/2vkep0m.jpg

websurfer
08-04-2008, 02:00 PM
The Shed:

http://i35.tinypic.com/2vkep0m.jpg

Looks like that area is close to a patch of woods?
I know while Googling i saw a patch of woods but was not aware of the height of the fence.
to break into that they had to access the area from?

SusieClue
08-04-2008, 02:44 PM
This is a portion of a transcript from Nancy Grace, regarding the gas cans...

Nancy Grace:
"Well, I can tell you what it has to do with it, Peter. During the period of time that she was AWOL from her family, the fact that she may have been coming back and forth to the home to steal till gasoline at night is very, to me, evidentiary -- I mean, that she wouldn`t let her mother, her own mother, the child`s grandmother, see the child, but she would come back -- that says to me the child was already gone at that time. That`s what it says to me, that she would sneak back and steal gasoline so her mother wouldn`t see that she wasn`t with the child. You know, two and two is four, connect the dots thing, Peter."

I hadn't thought about it that way. :eek:

Amberjack
08-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Any idea if/when the grandparents took a vacation? TIA

(I have the strangest feeling Casey wanted her mother to raise Caylee)

Amberjack
08-04-2008, 06:12 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/oqj30i.jpg

Shed/pool to the left

I'm very drawn to the area under the dollhouse (now covered with wood)

If the GP's were away...The shed would be a possible hideout for Casey

I trust the search dogs.....

Amberjack
08-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Last night on Nancy Grace...
She said the cadaver dogs had hit on the area under the dollhouse!

Blondieskatz
08-05-2008, 01:10 PM
I need some help clarifying this gas can deal. It is my understanding that CSI tested the gas cans to see if they had anything on the bottom of them. Is this true?

If so, answer this. Who would steal the gas cans and then bring them back. Yea, they needed the gas, but thieves wouldn't return the cans. JMO

Blondieskatz
08-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Last night on Nancy Grace...
She said the cadaver dogs had hit on the area under the dollhouse!

Those doll houses don't have floors do they? I'm thinking that this would've been a good place to hide Caylle until Casey could figure out what to do with her body.

AlwaysShocked
08-05-2008, 02:23 PM
It would be called a "playhouse" as opposed to a dollhouse.

Some of them have floors, some of them don't have floors, just the four walls. Depends on the kind you buy.

Patty G
08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Need a Moderator

Need to have this thread moved here ...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68138

SusieClue
08-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Have there been ANY consistent statements from any of the Anthonys (besides Lee) to the media regarding ANY part of this investigation:mad:? I trust them even less than the Clintons. And that's saying something.

Patty G
08-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Have there been ANY consistent statements from any of the Anthonys (besides Lee) to the media regarding ANY part of this investigation:mad:? I trust them even less than the Clintons. And that's saying something.

About the gas cans as that's the thread you are in! :)

TripleA
08-05-2008, 07:01 PM
This is the shed that is in the backyard and it does not have a floor.

http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1336

BTW, first post, thanks for having me. I have been lurking all day and feel like I have found a whole board full of long lost twins. :lol:

Liz
08-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Today in the "Cindy & George" interview by Greta, George claims the gas cans consisted of a one and a quarter gallon and a two and a half gallon.

:waitasec: Even at $10 per gallon, three and three quarters gallons of gas does not come close to $50 worth! :liar: :liar: pants on fire!

Vegas Bride
08-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Something I was wondering about with the gas cans. If Casey stole the gas, wouldn't she have just poured the gas into the car's tank when she was at the house and then put the gas cans back into the shed? It would be easier to hide the theft, cans still in the shed, they'd have to be checked to know they were empty. It makes no sense to me that she would actually put the gas cans into the car if she was needing it for fuel for the car. The only reason I see her taking the gas still in the gas cans is if she needed the gas for something other than the car. This was during the time she was busy using her mothers credit card wasn't it? Why would she have not used it to fill up the tank along with everything else?

VB

Liz
08-06-2008, 02:08 AM
Something I was wondering about with the gas cans. If Casey stole the gas, wouldn't she have just poured the gas into the car's tank when she was at the house and then put the gas cans back into the shed? It would be easier to hide the theft, cans still in the shed, they'd have to be checked to know they were empty. It makes no sense to me that she would actually put the gas cans into the car if she was needing it for fuel for the car. The only reason I see her taking the gas still in the gas cans is if she needed the gas for something other than the car. This was during the time she was busy using her mothers credit card wasn't it? Why would she have not used it to fill up the tank along with everything else?

VB

The only reason I can think of is IF her car had run out of gas and she got a ride from someone to her parent's, where she knew her dad had gas stored.
That way she wouldn't have to worry about buying cans or putting a hefty deposit down to 'borrow' a gas can; if they even still do that at gas stations in Florida.

Wasn't there a "rumor" that Casey may have had someone with her when she borrowed that shovel?

websurfer
08-06-2008, 08:02 AM
George Anthony says that one day he was in the garage.Casey comes in the car,he says he needed something from the car?Forget what now have to locate transcripts[ that was from a 2 hr. GRETA interview with him] so anyway, Casey did not want him to look in the car trunk.
So he finally does and what is in the trunk?
The two stolen gas cans she was there to return them ot something?
At least MR.G. A. seems to want to tell truth since he will have to eventually anyway.

snarkymalarkey
08-06-2008, 08:31 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,398490,00.html

"I said, I know, but did you talk to Mom today? She sort of hesitated for a moment and she says, Yes. And she says, Oh, by the way, it's a shame what happened in the shed"

Patty G
08-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Something STINKS regarding these gas cans and the date the Anthony's claim they were stolen.

On June 24, 2008 @ 10:20 AM the incident report was written up regarding the "stolen gas cans" and the report states from June 23, 2008 ~1800 hours to June 24, 2008 at 10:00 AM. This is clear!

HOWEVER, on the OCSD "Property Crimes and Robbery" in zone areas, there is a different date. It shows June 22, 2008 that a crime was reported.

For the life of me, I don't believe George physically drove to the police department to report this "robbery" on June 24, 2008 at 10:20 AM. I don't even believe he called the non-emergency number to report the robbery. Nope! I feel there is a 911 call to police on June 22, 2008.

After seeing a "clip" of OTR 8/5/08, when George/Cindy claim they saw Casey on June 24, 2008 @ 2:25 PM, this is only 4 hours after the robbery report was taken.

Somewhere out there, there has to be a 911 call from the Anthony's to the police reporting the break-in to the shed taking the containers of gas.

I have considered a possible mistake on the "Property and Crimes" report by OCSD, but not two days ... nope, nope, nope. And based on the lies coming out of ALL the Anthony's at this point, something really "smells" here.

ElizaAvalon
08-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Something STINKS regarding these gas cans and the date the Anthony's claim they were stolen.

On June 24, 2008 @ 10:20 AM the incident report was written up regarding the "stolen gas cans" and the report states from June 23, 2008 ~1800 hours to June 24, 2008 at 10:00 AM. This is clear!

HOWEVER, on the OCSD "Property Crimes and Robbery" in zone areas, there is a different date. It shows June 22, 2008 that a crime was reported.

For the life of me, I don't believe George physically drove to the police department to report this "robbery" on June 24, 2008 at 10:20 AM. I don't even believe he called the non-emergency number to report the robbery. Nope! I feel there is a 911 call to police on June 22, 2008.

After seeing a "clip" of OTR 8/5/08, when George/Cindy claim they saw Casey on June 24, 2008 @ 2:25 PM, this is only 4 hours after the robbery report was taken.

Somewhere out there, there has to be a 911 call from the Anthony's to the police reporting the break-in to the shed taking the containers of gas.

I have considered a possible mistake on the "Property and Crimes" report by OCSD, but not two days ... nope, nope, nope. And based on the lies coming out of ALL the Anthony's at this point, something really "smells" here.

Yeah, something's not right with the police report. Part of it says this:

On 06/24/2008, at approximately 1037 hours, I responded to 4937 Hopespring Dr in reference to a burglary to a structure (storage shed). Upon arrival, I met with the victim, George Anthony, who relayed the following:
On 06/22/2006, between approximately 1800 and 1000 hours 06/24/2008, unknown suspect(s) entered his shed. This resulted in damage to the lock and the door The suspect(s) then removed the following items: 2 gas cans with about $50.00 worth of gas in them.

But the typed in part at the top says this:

From Date
06/23/2008
From Time
18:00

Also, if George was giving Casey the business about the gas cans at 2:25, it seems she was on the Internet 15 minutes later (would like to know what the IP is on this post!):

Casey Anthony (http://www.facebook.com/s.php?k=100000080&id=508228238) (Orlando, FL) wrote at 2:40pm on June 24th, 2008 she still has yet to move into the house. hell, in the past 9 days, i haven't even been living at the house. DRAMMMMMA. i'll fill ya in later on.

Patty G
08-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Yeah, something's not right with the police report.
What a dummy I am, I never scrolled all the way down to see the written report. GEEZZZZZZZ

Patty G
08-06-2008, 10:08 AM
On 06/22/2006, between approximately 1800 and 1000 hours

I see the year .... oh my!
:laugh: Right now I am thinking of Judge Judy when she says to the people in front of her "are you telling me the police lied in the police report regarding what happened on that day?"

:waitasec: :snooty: :silenced: :liar:

JBean
08-06-2008, 10:10 AM
In this "raw interview" video, Cindy talks about false information that the media is saying. One of the false statements that Cindy points out is: "George never said Casey stole gas". You will see George standing right behind Cindy.

It takes time to get to where she says this and it is repeated toward the end of the video.

http://www.wftv.com/video/17037822/index.html

There is a video out there where the media caught up with George and Cindy either before or possibly after a visit with Casey, when a reporter asked about the gas cans and George replied: I did find out who did it and they came back to me and that was the extent of it."

I can't remember if George was in a yellow shirt, or the printed t-shirt, and not sure if Cindy was wearing pink or that printed t-shirt.

If anyone here saw that video and has the link to the video, kindly post it here so I can look at it again. Thanks.
In the video you linked, she said actually something different than you posted, unless she restates it later and perhaps I missed it.
She said that it was reported that George said that Casey always stole gas or often stole gas. Her correction was that George never said that.

ETA: Regarding the police report, my take on it is that they filed the police report on the 24th, but some how deduced they were taken on the 22nd. For example, maybe they were gone all day the 22nd, but were home the rest of the weekend .so they figured they must have been stolen the day they were gone;and reported them stolen the day they noticed they were missing.

Patty G
08-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Now I am wondering if everyone that goes to the shed prior to the break-in wears gloves to take the lock off everytime they need something. Police dusted for fingerprints and there were NONE! Hummmmmmmm!

Muzikman
08-06-2008, 10:29 AM
On the Morning Show with Mike & Juliet this morning, they asked Cindy why she would have to steal gas from her parents, and Cindy stated that Casey frequently took gas because "she had a problem with the gas sensor in her car." Cindy also stated "She had called me earlier in the day and told me she had the gas cans, I just hadn't had the chance to tell George that she had them."

I don't believe anything Cindy says anymore, she is obviously covering up for her daughter even though her statements conflict at times. This is probably where Casey got her lying ways from.

marleysmom
08-06-2008, 10:39 AM
On the Morning Show with Mike & Juliet this morning, they asked Cindy why she would have to steal gas from her parents, and Cindy stated that Casey frequently took gas because "she had a problem with the gas sensor in her car." Cindy also stated "She had called me earlier in the day and told me she had the gas cans, I just hadn't had the chance to tell George that she had them."

I don't believe anything Cindy says anymore, she is obviously covering up for her daughter even though her statements conflict at times. This is probably where Casey got her lying ways from.

If it was true that she often took gas cans w/her (btw...REAL safe practice, especially w/ a toddler in the car in hot Fl summers)..wouldn't George be aware of it as well and wait to talk to Casey before calling the cops.....to quote Miss Patty G..."something SMELLS!!!!)

marleysmom
08-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Also...didn't they say they HADN'T SEEN Casey AND Caylee for a month....and lastly, ahhh brain fart....Ah - how much you want to bet the gas gauge is being tested in the lab as we type!!!!

kidz110
08-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Casey was right there at home with her Dad. Why didn't she just tell him she took the gas?

marleysmom
08-06-2008, 10:52 AM
And last thing....I swear I'll complete a thought before I post next time...

Cindy: Yes I got her. I finally found her after a month. She’s been missing for a month. I found her, but we can’t find my granddaughter.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar/2008/7/24/transcript_of_first_911_call_from_cindy_anthony.ht ml

Also, she said she stole the car and money. Wouldn't she include the gas knowing there was already a police report about it???

I'm disgusted w/ the mistruths, half truths, whatever...if its not a truth its a LIE!!!

Amy1976
08-06-2008, 02:53 PM
George Anthoony did tell the media that it was Casey who took the gas cans. In my opinion it didn't have anything to do with a gas sensor...I think that she was living a very careless lifestyle, and keeping gas in her car was probably an afterthought, almost like a teenager, because she knew that those gas cans would always be there if she needed them...Hope I'm not being to bold, I just started posting today...It's just my observation, and my humble opinion.

passin_through
08-06-2008, 02:59 PM
I suppose it was a good thing if Mr Anthony took those cans out of Casey's car the 24th. Aren't empty gas cans dangerous to have in a trunk in that Fl heat? (vapor expansion etc) I know moving trucks won't let you move any gas/cans and things of that sort due to the danger.

ElizaAvalon
08-06-2008, 03:53 PM
"It's irrelevant to this case," Cindy Anthony said. "There's no reason to bring (the theft) up. Previously, (Casey) had used the gas cans. There's other people's fingerprints on them besides us, and that's what they're looking at." From http://www.local6.com/news/17112539/detail.html

If they are so irrelevant, Cindy, why have you and George been lying about them???

Salem
08-06-2008, 04:14 PM
This gas can thing knocks the whole timeline out of whack, again!

When and where was it reported that Casey had been to the Anthony home June 24/25? George filed a police report on June 24th. It has been consistently reported that Casey had not been back to the house after June 16th that the parents were AWARE of, but now G&C are saying Casey showed up on the 24th and George found the gas cans in her car. Where was Caylee? Is this another of those times that Casey said Caylee was sleeping at the Nanny's?

This makes no sense and in my opinion is just being put out to the public to deflect the truth in the hopes that Caylee is still alive.

Salem

TripleA
08-06-2008, 04:26 PM
This is exactly what makes me think that he intentionally filed a false report about the gas cans after he discovered them in the trunk of Casey's car and smelled decomp on the 24th. I think that was the day he figured it all out.

Blondieskatz
08-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Last night on Greta, Cindy stated she had told CA about the shed being broken into and the gas cans stolen. So which is it? Did CA call and tell Cindy she had the gas cans, did George have to use a ruse to check CA's trunk to see if the gas cans were there or did Cindy tell CA the shed had been broken into and the gas cans stolen? :confused:

Blondieskatz
08-06-2008, 04:56 PM
This is exactly what makes me think that he intentionally filed a false report about the gas cans after he discovered them in the trunk of Casey's car and smelled decomp on the 24th. I think that was the day he figured it all out.

TripleA
Can you explain that to me? I'm trying to figure why he would file a false police report.

TripleA
08-06-2008, 04:59 PM
I think it was the beginning of covering her tracks for her. When he realized that she had broken into the shed while they were away, he decided to file a false report so that if the body is found burned that they can say that they had no gas cans at their house.

eta: of course that is just my wild specualtions of when the cover up actually started.

WhitneyLea
08-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Ok - So on NG just now, someone was reporting about the gas cans that were taken from the Anthony home ... and they said that they wanted to find out if Caylee had been near them at any time. I wonder if THAT is why the dogs were hitting "inconsistently" in the backyard, and in the trunk. If Casey stole the gas cans to dispose of evidence ... then brought them back (maybe even full) to the house/shed ... maybe there never was actually a body in Casey's car. But ... the blood in the trunk?? Ahh this case makes me crazy!

redmamatwo
08-06-2008, 08:29 PM
This family keeps getting weirder by the day. Every time they open their mouth to say something, they should rethink it! I wonder if it never occured to them to say anything to authorities at the time they REALIZED she took them, rather than let it get strung out and misconstrued. I wonder what else they know that they are not saying. I think the only reason they brought up that she took the cans in the first place is because the CSI people took them and would find out anyway. JMHO

TripleA
08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Maybe Casey was going to set the car on fire because it stunk so bad?

LI_Mom
08-06-2008, 08:38 PM
In the video you linked, she said actually something different than you posted, unless she restates it later and perhaps I missed it.
She said that it was reported that George said that Casey always stole gas or often stole gas. Her correction was that George never said that.

ETA: Regarding the police report, my take on it is that they filed the police report on the 24th, but some how deduced they were taken on the 22nd. For example, maybe they were gone all day the 22nd, but were home the rest of the weekend .so they figured they must have been stolen the day they were gone;and reported them stolen the day they noticed they were missing.

Well we already know the Anthonys don't do well with dates....

how long did it take them to remember they were with Caylee on Father's Day?

Would they have ever 'remembered' the truth if not for the surprise discovery of the pictures (video?)

MIMI2
08-06-2008, 09:09 PM
I think that George seemed very strange while telling the whole story of finding the gas cans in Casey's trunk, it just seemed so rehearsed. WHY would he keep the wheel chalk in Casey's trunk??? If I'm not mistaken he said that a neighbor stole the gas cans and he got them back.
I think the only thing that would surprise me at this point is if one of them actually told the truth about something...anything.

tttterri
08-06-2008, 09:12 PM
All of what I have seen are George's comments to mean that he had seen her last on the 16th. He was supposedly going by the "day after the video was made" thing.

MIMI2
08-06-2008, 09:12 PM
This family keeps getting weirder by the day. Every time they open their mouth to say something, they should rethink it! I wonder if it never occured to them to say anything to authorities at the time they REALIZED she took them, rather than let it get strung out and misconstrued. I wonder what else they know that they are not saying. I think the only reason they brought up that she took the cans in the first place is because the CSI people took them and would find out anyway. JMHO

It would appear they like having everything strung out and misconstrued :furious:

wedavis
08-07-2008, 01:27 AM
Maybe Casey was going to set the car on fire because it stunk so bad?

That is why I came to this thread to see if this theory was being talked about.

I think it is a good one. Maybe she couldn't figure out a place to burn it because she would need a ride or something else tripped her up.

pregodego2
08-19-2008, 03:54 AM
wanted to bump this because it is being talked about again in the gen discussion thread.

now reading this, i am noticing that cindy said she knew, casey told her about the gas cans, but cindy hadn't had a chance to tell george yet. however, in the greta interview, george says that casey said it was a shame what happeend to the shed, as if she didn't know what happened and was being sympathetic to the shed being broken into. george then insists on going in the car to get the tire wedge and finds the gas cans. why would casey act as if she didn't know about the shed if she has already told cindy about it?

edited to add that im not asking literal question - just disproving ones...well more like proving they are all dishonest and covering up for casey.

krimekat
08-19-2008, 10:55 AM

But the car was not retrieved from the tow yard until mid-July