PDA

View Full Version : Post your questions for Marc Klaas here

adnoid
08-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Your questions do not have to be restricted to the Caylee Anthony case.

Tom'sGirl
08-05-2008, 01:15 AM
With so many missing children, how do you pick which cases to become involved with personally?

Truly
08-05-2008, 03:00 AM
Hello Mark, and thank you for taking the time to consider our questions. I would like to ask your opinion of the http://neverlosehopefoundation.

I am crossposting part of an earlier comment from the 'Peter Benevides: Bogus Dummy Corporation' thread for your reference.

The http://neverlosehopefoundation.org (http://neverlosehopefoundation.org/) is basically a blank webpage. The IRS is looking into their non-existant charity status. There is no information on their website at all, just a pic of Caylee from another organization. That seems strange to me. Then I discover that this 'missing kids foundation' is really just a telemarketing firm. Caylee is the only missing kid featured. Their links go nowhere.

Peter Benevides is being investigated by the Mass. Attorney General for playing a massive shell game with millions of dollars and dummy corporations over the 'Lizzie Borden' police station he appears to have purchased for one hundred dollars and some heavy pressure. His partners in this deal recently filed bankruptcy over a country club they acquired in the wake of a mysterious murder/suicide by an apparently jovial couple. The Pavaos lost the $2 million golf course because they were unable to produce fifty grand.

How are these exotic automobile-racin'/ real-estate flippin'/ shell-gamin'/ dummy corporatin'/ people tied to their sole featured missing child, Caylee? I have no idea, but it seems to be a worthwhile path to investigate. Everyone here is welcome to jump in with their own facts or opinions. Just trying to make some sense out of this most baffling case.

:)IMHO.

Thank you again, Mark, for sharing your personal insight with us. ~Truly

mahmoo
08-05-2008, 03:17 AM
Do you feel George Anthony's behavior throughout this case has been odd considering he is an ex detective?

MistyM
08-05-2008, 05:00 AM
Thank you very much for coming here to answer our questions. It is wonderful what you are doing for others in light of your own personal tragedy.
My questions have to do with your own experience:

1. Were you advised to get legal counsel while the LE were "investigating" your possible involvement in your daughters case? (as I know that parents are often the first people investigators will try to clear).

2. In your experiences, do you come across parents of missing children who appear to be unemotional, uncaring or 'hinky' as we would say, but ended up being innocent?

3. Lastly, do you find it odd that LE, independant organzations, and everyday people are not actively searching for little Caylee's remains, considering most of the media seems to already portray her as 'gone' with evidence of decomp in the car of her mother/grandparents?

Thank you for your time, I hope I made sense!
Respectfully,
Thyla M.

bam
08-05-2008, 05:08 AM
Mark,
Do you think George, Cindy, and or Lee, knew of Caylees disappearance before the 911 call? Do you think any of them are directly or indirectly involved in a coverup in to what may have happened to Caylee? I notice George Anthony never call Caylee by her name, but references her to liitle girl, child, and such.

chevylee
08-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Mark,

My question is, why there is no Amber alert out for Caylee? I think I know the answer, but really would like to hear your opinion on this.

Thank You.

txsvicki
08-05-2008, 06:42 AM
I'm not going to participate, but would like to ask, and ONLY if Tricia approved:

How do you think posters on message boards should discuss missing people as far as theories, persons of interest, family members, etc.?

believe09
08-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Given your sad personal experience, what do you think are the essential tools that are needed by families of the missing and law enforcement to give the best possible outcome when someone goes missing?

websurfer
08-05-2008, 07:52 AM
I would like to know if everybody's computers Casey prolifically posted and kept in touch online with have been taken and examined ?

if you look at the timeline and communication from computers it seems she used

Tony's
Amy's
Cindy's
Lee's
And just any computer she could get her hands on and no matter where they were or whose they were .
Plus all the above mentioned autos have they all been checked?

I think the sad thing is that
Casey was NOT used to actually watching and caring for Caylee and just plain forgot about her.

She may have left her slone in an aprtment while she went to party and the girl got hurt?

Or some bad person came in contact with Caylee that Casey trusted ?

I find it hard to believe that Casey as wild as she is would kill her child deliberately.
[but again any child killer would be detected and prevented from doing it if they had shown signs of such possible behavior.]

My question is about the computers & cars she used.

Bobby62
08-05-2008, 08:23 AM
How can I, as Joe Citizen, help in the physical search for Caylee. I live fairly close, have a truck and atv and know how to get to Hopespring drive. In the search I am speaking of I am assuming the worst.

SusieClue
08-05-2008, 09:09 AM
What possible reason could there be for no sketch of Zenaida to be released to the public?

olive
08-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Do you still keep in touch with the two girls who attended Polly's sleepover the night she was abducted and, if so, how are they doing as adults?

truthsleuth
08-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Do you believe that LE will bring homicide charges against Casey Anthony even if Caylee's remains are never found? (And yes, sadly, I believe Caylee is no longer alive.) Also, in order to keep Casey in custody, must LE bring those charges by next week?

Salem
08-05-2008, 12:17 PM
1. What are your thoughts on the Madeleine McCann case out of Portugal, now that the legal inquiry has been archived? Do you think Maddie will be found?
2. In the Mya Lyons case from Chicago, LE seem to think it was a member of the household that killed Mya. Have you heard of this case and do you have any thoughts about what is happening? LE is being very tight lipped, so to speak.
3. In the Caylee Anthony case, do you think any other members of the family were involved?

Thank you so much for coming to visit Websleuths!

Salem

merib
08-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Hi Mark,

Do you think it's odd that Casey went willingly in the car with Cindy to go to the police station when Cindy was making the 911 call about the auto theft and money theft? Then Cindy also reports Caylee missing. I find it odd, if I were 22 I would not get in the car knowing my mother was taking me to the police station to turn me in. Seems like staging the situation to me.
Also, have you thought of the possibility that Casey left Caylee in her car for a prolonged period of time, and she died of the heat?

Thank you very much!

songline
08-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi Marc,
thank you for your time to share your expertise with us. I can not be here at that time but am still really interested to know:
It seems to me that Casey is Bipolar and her father an Ex LE would know that you can not deal with Bi-Polar victims the same way: one thing they are known to do is lie a lot and a another is seek attention. (I am the mom of a bi-polar victim). I know you have to deal with them differently....IMO this case is miss handled.
IT IS now over a month since this poor baby is missing, what can be done to get a professional to deal with Caylees Mom ASAP and get some real information out of her. THANK YOU!!!!!

AlwaysShocked
08-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Hello Mark,
I have noticed that during your appearances on TV shows you are a "straight talker" - when others are still beating around the bush you will come right out and say "I smell something fishy here and think there might be involvement by the ----- (husband, girlfriend, mother, father, etc.)

Do any of the TV hosts upon whose programs you make appearances ever get upset with you because of your consistent "straight talk" regarding how you feel about a case?

Also - do you have to watch out for legal liability regarding your statements (not that any of these creeps actually ever sue anybody) or are you like us posters on websleuths - as long as it is your own personal opinion, you can state what you actually feel?

Thanks a lot!

songline
08-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi Mark,

Do you think it's odd that Casey went willingly in the car with Cindy to go to the police station when Cindy was making the 911 call about the auto theft and money theft? Then Cindy also reports Caylee missing. I find it odd, if I were 22 I would not get in the car knowing my mother was taking me to the police station to turn me in. Seems like staging the situation to me.
Also, have you thought of the possibility that Casey left Caylee in her car for a prolonged period of time, and she died of the heat?

Thank you very much!

Sounds possible, but strange since the babys grandparents are always happy to have her.
But everybody in this case has been strange, including the LE's

Evan's Mom
08-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Thank you so much for giving us your time, Mr. Klaas.
My question is simple, do you hold out any hope that Caylee is still alive or do you think that we're just searching for her little body at this point?

Toltec
08-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Thank you Mark for taking our questions.

When Casey said that Caylee would be home by her birthday, do you believe she was in fact going to lead detectives to Caylee's body?

Talisman
08-05-2008, 03:44 PM
I have no questions for Mr. Klaas. Just wanted to thank him for taking some of his personal time and sharing it with us.

Mr. Klaas, you are truly an inspiration to many.:rose:

Thank you,
Talisman

RiverRat
08-05-2008, 03:45 PM
First - Many Thanks for All that you do, have done, and being taking the time to be here with us tonight. My Deepest Appreciation also going out to our common bond that we have with you through our Tricia. WBS is now a One-Stop Shop when a crime is committed throughout the entire world due to her intuition that this forum had the potential to be all that it has ended up being.

After considering tons of questions, Bottom Line came to this: Have you ever considered how you, your life, might have been different had you NOT became a part of Victim Advocacy? Not to mention the state of America and how we would be now without your help........
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Dr. Doogie
08-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Question for Mr. Klaas:

How far down the required chain of events are we to finally seeing Richard Allen Davis actual get the needle? Has he received a "death penalty appeal approved" attorney yet? Has an appeal been filed? Has it been reviewed by the Appeals Court yet?

I know that there is a set sequence of required events before an execution, but the progress of a case seems to be hidden from the public. Mr. Klaas seems like the person who may be able to explain what has happened so far and when little Ricky will start squirmin' on a gurney. (I don't mean to sound flippant about Davis's execution, but Mr. Klaas promised that his face would be the last thing that Davis saw before his trip to Hell. I, for one, cannot wait for that moment.)

Cubby
08-05-2008, 05:14 PM
I have no questions for Mr. Klaas. Just wanted to thank him for taking some of his personal time and sharing it with us.

Thank you,
Talisman

Me too. Mr. Klaas, it is in honor to have you here. Thank you. :blowkiss:

wallflower67
08-05-2008, 07:53 PM

Thank you,
Talisman

I second that. Thank you!

Clodagh
08-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Marc,
Given the unusual circumstances and actors in the Anthony case, do you think that Cindy, George and Lee should be consulting with a forensic psychiatrist?
It seems that all three of these people have been saying incredibly inappropriate and contradictory things to the media, and they have been wholly ineffective in coercing Casey to tell the truth. Wouldn't a professional provide them with the proper communication tools for talking to Casey AND the media?

Thank you so much for all of the good works you do. I always appreciate hearing your opinion on the various tv shows.

christine2448
08-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Your questions are awesome! I am getting what has been posted so far ready for Marc. I will take these questions to him first, please keep posting!

Nocgirl
08-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi Marc. You are truly a hero in the eyes of parents, I hope you realize that:) I really look forward to your appearances on Nancy Grace.

I have 2 cases I would like your thoughts on.

In light of Colorado authorities officially clearing JonBenet Ramsay's parents of any involvement in her murder, who do you think killed the little girl? Do you think her parents had any involvement in her death, even though they have been cleared?

I am also curious what your thoughts are in the Johnny Gosch case. Do you believe Noreen's claim that Johnny visited her in 1997 and that he is still alive? Who do you think is responsible for his abduction and do you think a large scale pedophile ring is involved?

Thank you

Kim

Amster
08-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Hello, Mr. Klaas

My question is about police procedures. In a case such as the Anthony one, are the family encouraged, discouraged or neither from going on shows like Greta, Nancy Grace, etc.? Is there any concern that they will inadvertently say something to hurt the case?

Speaking of Nancy Grace....do you have an opinion about the lawsuit against her?

becca
08-06-2008, 12:32 AM
I would just like to take the time to thank you for everything you do for crime victims. You are truly an inspiration.

mkay882
08-06-2008, 03:30 AM
Your questions are awesome! I am getting what has been posted so far ready for Marc. I will take these questions to him first, please keep posting!

I won't be able to be here while Mr Klaas is speaking/visiting.
Will there be a summary of Q&A's.
TIA

aprilshowers
08-06-2008, 07:29 AM
First of all Mr. Klass, I want to tell you how very sorry I am, for the loss of your daughter, and my sympathy for what you've been through. :-)

God bless you for all you've done and are doing.

I have to agree that it looks bad for Caylee, and looks as if Casey did indeed harm her daughter, but I have another thought that keeps coming up in my head:

What if Amy took Caylee with her on vacation, to give Casey some time alone? What if the person or persons that Amy went to see, wouldn't let Caylee go back with Amy for SOME reason?

What if they are now holding her, using her ... etc. and threatening to harm her or kill her if Casey or her family say too much? What if Casey can't even trust the FBI, because they have something over her or something is fixed so that Casey would be killed even before the FBI could get to her?

That would explain Cindy talking about Casey knowing where Caylee is, and that somebody betrayed her, and she can't say anything to protect Caylee.

I know this is a bit off of what most think, and actually I tend to think Casey may have killed Caylee also, but because this scenario keeps coming up in my head, I thought I'd ask your opinion.

Thank you so very much!
Diana

maya.morgen
08-06-2008, 07:37 AM
God,I don't even know how to start!
First of all thank you for everything that you are doing,you are a great man,I admire you so much.

Do you believe Caylee is still alive?

Keep up the good work,Mark,you were so right about so many cases so far,won't mention them here now but I guess you know what I am talking about.

Love,Maya.:clap::clap::clap:

Patience
08-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Dear Marc, You are truly an inspiration and a hero. Thank you for taking the time out and speaking with us Websleuthers.

Marc, Do you think Caylee will be home for her birthday on Saturday?

What is your take on who took the lives of Skyla Whittaker and Taylor Placker? Why do you think Mr. Placker would disturb the crime scene to look for Taylor's cell phone but not call 911? The authorities claim only one 911 call was made and it was from the Grandma of Skyla. I cannot make sense of this as Peter Placker came on to the scene first, had disturbed the crime scene and found Taylor's cell phone but apparently did not call authorities? Why do you think that is? What are your feelings on this case?

There are over 500 missing Aboriginal women and girls in Canada, but the Canadian government does not appear to see this as a priority to dwelve into and solve. What is you opinion on the Highway of Tears cases that Frank Peebles from the Prince George newspaper writes about.

(more on Frank Peebles)---http://adidem.org/cgi-bin/coranto/viewnews.cgi?id=EEFEAkZuVZncMiJTYe&tmpl=ccases

http://www.highwayoftears.ca/

One more question, How can we, Mothers, Fathers, family, websleuthers, help keep children safe, how can be a voice for children, how can we make a difference?

Thank you Marc Klass

Patience

nohat
08-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Mr. Klaas,

Just wanted to let you know and hope to do it appropriately so, that Polly would be so very proud of you today as well as from the day she went missing.

My question for you is will you be attending the Laughing for Laci event for Laci Peterson in Modesto & do you know what kind of news coverage will be involved? Do you ever contact other victims' families such as the Rochas?

Thank you for all you do. I watch you regularly on the Nancy Grace Show and you truly are an inspiration.

liltigress
08-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Welcome Marc!

I would like to know what you would say to George and Cindy Anthony if you had the opportunity. Given your straight forward approach, do you think you would be able to get them to take the blinders off and educate them on how to speak to their daughter to get her to tell the truth?

And what do you think about these vigils for Caylee?

Thank you so much for visiting us.

donnam
08-06-2008, 11:02 AM
First, thank you very much for taking the time to be here.
I admire you for all your great work and am truly humbled by you being here.

I would like to know what you think of the Trenton Duckett case. Do you believe he is (as speculated/rumored) alive in Korea with family,or do you believe he was murdered at the hands of his mother or someone else?

Thank you again,

Donna
New Jersey

Blink34
08-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Welcome to WS Mr. Klaas;

I commend you for your work in the face of your loss. By way of a brief introducion, I came to WS through the missing person's case of a loved one subsequently found deceased in April. It has drastically changed the way I view personal safety and gave me a landslide education as to how Missing person's cases are investigated.

My questions:

1) In the Amber Alert's and PROTECT addendum's current form, do you feel it amply addresses the "best judgement" criteria necessary for it's activation by Law Enforcement?
I ask as I think we are all aware of a few cases, Hser Nar Moo, comes to mind, where the establishment of imminent physical harm and confirmation of kidnapping delayed it's activation significantly. I agree it's overuse could dilute it's effectiveness, but I think it lacks an area for "presumptive danger.

2) Do you feel that in conjunction with Megans Law, and in an inacted AMBER ALERT, law enforcement should be able to have less stringent requirements re search and seizure warrants.?. When Hser's case broke, I went throught the Sex Offender Registry there to find there are actually parolled SO's that are listed as HOMELESS... What is being done to track them down and how are they let out without an
address?

3) In cases of older children, or tweens, say 11-17, one of the biggest problems is there seems to be a hesitancy by LE to enact the alert where it is an older child I assume because it is not that uncommon for a kid that age to be less kept track of by the parents among other reasons. In Carlie Bruscia's case this was a factor.
Do you have any thoughts about how to address that issue?

I could pen (e) about 100 questions, thanks and God Bless.

Blink34
08-06-2008, 12:00 PM
OK, so I wa so going to be "general" but fresh from the Greta interview with the Anthony's last night, I am absolutely convinced George Anthony and Cindy Anthony are very possibly accessories after the fact OR complicit regarding tampering with evidence and obstruction. Depending upon what they said to the Feds, possibly more.

My question is, do you believe based on that interview either one of these two will be honest with LE without facing charges themselves, OR do you feel there is a chance they will and what in your opinion, would it take to make that happen??

Thank you again, Marc

JDB
08-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Marc: I am a Home Grown Bay Area man. To this day I still recall hearing about Polly. And when we heard she was found my wife an I cried. And to this dayIt still hurts to think that some one would do what they did.
With that said my question is this.
Being from the Bay Area do you think there is a chance that (Christine pls fix my spelling) Amber Swchartz, miskoff. and the one that huants me to this day is Michela could have been done by the same person? I know I am missing a couple from the Bay Area here. Also do you think any of these families will ever have total clousure?

Thasn you for being a voice for the Missing

belleyes
08-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Thank you Mr. Klaas,
I was wondering if you thought "Human Trafficking" or the "Child Porn Industry" plays into the Caylee Anthony case (the majority of non-familial kidnappings are sexually motivated). I know you are very aware of the frequency of child porn even though many people do not want to acknowledge its previlance.When I heard the story and details of the Mothers behaviors it concerned me that Caylee appeared to be an easy target for pedophiles I myself adopted two children who were used in trafficing so I know its out there, (even in small towns) though its horrific to think of. God Bless you for your selfless support of victims.

Vegas Bride
08-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Hello Marc and thank you for taking the time to visit us.
1 question I have is, Are there any laws regarding missing children you would like to see changed or made? It is just beyond me that when a child like Caylee is missing, her mother can just chose to not cooperate, how do you think that could be changed?

Another question I have is, With dealing with so many tragic cases involving children, how do you manage to not let it all get to you? Just reading here, there is so much tragedy in the world that it can be overwhelming to me!

Have you ever known of a case such as Caylee's, where everything seems to point to a parents guilt, that it turned out they were innocent after all?

Do you ever try to correct Nancy Grace when she gets her facts mixed up, and if so, does she listen to you?

Vegas Bride

Beyond Belief
08-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Your questions do not have to be restricted to the Caylee Anthony case.

Mr. Klaas, always Pollys's dad to me, my question is simply, "how are you doing?"

Nedthan Johns
08-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi Marc,

Do you believe that John Ramsey was involved in the murder and cover up of his daughter? What to you think about the new Touch DNA in that case?

Nocgirl
08-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Can someone tell me what program you need to view this chat? I don't have IRC is it something you can download? Or will it be in java?

Cheri_G
08-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Hello Mr. Klaas,

When Caylee' story first broke, Cindy Anthony refused to comment about Casey wanting to keep the public's focus on finding Caylee. It was reported that Casey complained that everyone only cared about finding Caylee and not about her. It was shortly after that Mrs. Anthony started defending Casey, her statements, and actions publicly.

Do you think that Cindy and George may be saying the things they do publicly (ie. they believe everything Casey is telling them) in case Casey sees the interviews? That they are possibly showing this unconditional trust in all the stuff she's saying not so much because they truly believe all of it but rather because they are afraid if they don't she might stop telling anyone anything? Or do you think they are in complete denial of what the rest of us can clearly see where their daughter is concerned?

Thank you,
Cheri

Tom'sGirl
08-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Can someone tell me what program you need to view this chat? I don't have IRC is it something you can download? Or will it be in java?
Java link here (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2426411&postcount=1)

I like mIRC the best for viewing, but can't seem to get to right connection, maybe because I'm registered there.

AliVada
08-06-2008, 05:49 PM
I would like to send thanks to Marc Klaus as he has made such an impact on the way things are handled when a child goes missing.

What else can we do to educate ourselves, and prevent some of these horrible tragedies? We seem to have social agencies who just are not protecting the kids.

Also how do you ever accept that even with convictions, closure never really happens? It changes, as the friend I knew that was murdered her killers are now up for parole and we now relive it each time we have to write to the parole board to ask that they not be released. Closure is an evil word in my opinion. Pyscho babble.

How do you ever help a family that doesnt understand this cope?

Kathy in Texas

Snowlover77
08-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Hello Marc, For being a voice for the victim(s), I thank you.
My question for you is this- what is speaking to you the loudest in the murders of Skyla and taylor...the young girls killed in Oklahoma.
Keep up the great work that you do. Your care and concern for victims is applauded and appreciated by us all.

GetSmart
08-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Thank You for being here tonight. My question is in regards to Taylor Paschal-Placker & Skyla Whitaker The 2 girls from Oklahoma. The media seems to have backed off & there is no new news in regards to the investigation. With so many posters on websites like ours & others does LE read the ideas & different scenarios that are put together. We are so hungry for any kind of an udate & it seems nothing ever comes out.

Thank you
Gale in Fla

CaliKid
08-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Mr. Klaas, thank you for being with us tonight.

How close are we to having a working national DNA database on sex offenders and child murderers?

Tom'sGirl
08-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Mr. Klaas, thank you for being with us tonight.

How close are we to having a working national DNA database on sex offenders and child murderers?
Good one Cali http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

SeriouslySearching
08-07-2008, 06:50 AM
All excellent questions! I wish I had been here to hear the answers and ask a few of my own. :( Can't wait for the log to be posted.

christine2448
08-07-2008, 08:17 AM
I missed A LOT of questions...but got a lot of good ones too. I plan on gather all the questions up to this post...and will put in email to Marc...I know he will answer them all for us.

I also am going to make a separate email to put all the hello's, thank you's, kudos and send to him.

I will post as I am able.

Thanks to all the posters who were able to be there, and for all of you here submitting questions and kind words to Marc.

christine2448
08-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Chat is up.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68616