PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Phil Show-Links to show now added

Pages : [1] 2

believe09
08-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Mr. Kyle has been invited to be a guest on the Dr. Phil show. As soon as the show is taped and there is an air date, I will pass it along to my fellow sleuthers. For now, please follow the link:
http://www.drphil.com/

In the center of the webpage,watch the images scroll by-you will see our own Benjaman Kyle! The good DR is soliciting information regarding BK prior to the show being taped.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Thank you PattyG!

October 16, 2008
Dr. Phil Show

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mJLHHKiVF4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mJLHHKiVF4)
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSsy1LTJXAQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSsy1LTJXAQ)
Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqEX0vkmS0s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqEX0vkmS0s)
Part 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI1OMUewdKY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI1OMUewdKY)
Part 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXdIh9s7WlU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXdIh9s7WlU)
Part 6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-__wAbFKSno (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-__wAbFKSno)
Part 7 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpJpcHzEpt0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpJpcHzEpt0)

Cubby
08-06-2008, 11:59 PM
AWESOME! I am so happy Benjaman Kyle has this national exposure. I hope this leads to his identity.
WTG Dr. Phil! Thank you!

Will be looking forward to the show airing. Thanks believe for the update!
Mr. Kyle is a good looking man. It's hard to understand how no one seems to be looking for him and how we can't find him among the many missing persons.

ArizonaGiGi
08-07-2008, 01:59 AM
Oh that's fantastic ! ! ! ! ! I can't wait for him to find out who he is.

christine2448
08-07-2008, 08:21 AM
Thank you believe09 for keeping everyone informed. This is fanflippintastic!

Big kudos to believe09 who is working tirelessly with Nurse Betty, BK, FBI, all to get him there and make sure they are both prepared. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

:woohoo::woohoo:

phenolred
08-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks for all your hard work believe!!!!

christine2448
08-07-2008, 09:35 AM
This is sooooooooooooo awesome!

Do You Know This Man?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/christine2448/bkdp.jpg

Imagine waking up one day and having no idea who you are. You have no memory of where you live, where you came from, who your family or friends are, or even what your name is. Everything in your memory is gone. That is what happened to this man. Dr. Phil is helping him find his identity. We are looking for any information you may have on him, his name, his family or where he's from. If you recognize this man please email us with any information, immediately!

annemc2
08-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Ooooooh! How exciting!

And the Dr. Phil show is a REAL show! Not like one of those talk shows that come on at 2am on the WB or something.

Wow, wow!

:woohoo:

MsRyber
08-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Absolutely! And it is on right after Oprah, so even MORE exposure.
I am sure, like me, a lot of people have it on while cooking dinner, etc. I know I do.

Gosh, this is so awesome, I can't believe his ID may be RIGHT around the corner!

believe09
08-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Mr. Kyle is in a very interesting position if you think about it; it must be so hard to keep putting yourself out there, knowing that the people who are currently in your life have a certain expectation as to who he "will be" when he is finally identified. He just wants to be a regular "Joe Blow" to quote him-someone who can fade into the background and go about the business of day to day living with nothing more than the ordinary struggles most of us face....this is ultimately what I wish for him-but I cannot deny it would be nice to see him comfortably set with no more privation.

christine2448
08-07-2008, 02:11 PM
I wonder how much research Dr. Phils team will do in preparation for the show. If they will read here to see all that we have found out.

phenolred
08-07-2008, 03:10 PM
I wonder how much research Dr. Phils team will do in preparation for the show. If they will read here to see all that we have found out.

I HOPE they DO!!!!

MidnightQ
08-08-2008, 05:09 PM
The Dr. Phil Show is aired all over the world - Within a week after it has been aired in the US, it is aired in Denmark. And when travelling around Europe, I have seen the show in many different countries.

Truthful Lies
08-12-2008, 12:42 PM
This is exciting! Thanks, believe!

phenolred
08-13-2008, 08:04 AM
I love the age regressed pics they have up on Dr Phil

http://www.drphil.com/shows/page/DoYouKnowThisMan/

believe09
08-13-2008, 08:39 AM
I know that there was a flurry of activity this past weekend in Savannah in relation to the show...I will let you know as soon as I get any updated information....

Cubby
08-13-2008, 08:25 PM
:Banane44::bananajump: YEA for BK! I can't wait for an update believe, and thanks for mentioning the age regressed photo's phen' I hadn't checked the site for a few days. Wow! They look great!

Prayers this avenue leads BK to his identity, family and friends.

Gina_M
08-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Wow - I just popped in to check on BK and saw this amazing update! believe09, and everyone else diligently working on this case, you are awesome! :blowkiss:

believe09
08-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Wow - I just popped in to check on BK and saw this amazing update! believe09, and everyone else diligently working on this case, you are awesome! :blowkiss:

:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

fmw63
08-15-2008, 10:45 AM
just had to do it :crazy::crazy::crazy:

believe09
08-15-2008, 01:33 PM
just had to do it :crazy::crazy::crazy:

You nailed it!

BeavisMom62
08-15-2008, 06:31 PM
YaY! WTG Believe! I hope that finally BK gets a name, identity and maybe even a family! National TV exposure is definitely the way to go! This is most definitely My Opinion Only, but I sure hope Dr Phil treats this with sensitivity not sensationalism. I would hate to see BK put on the spot or made to look like a fool. Do you know what I mean? I hate to even say that, but Dr. Phil is not really my favorite person. Mods, if this is not the correct spot for this post, please feel free to delete. But Dr. Phil isn't what I would really call "warm and fuzzy". Oh, I don't know. Never mind. :blush: You know what I mean. Anyway, Best of Luck BK! I'm wishing you all the best!:blowkiss:

christine2448
08-15-2008, 08:23 PM
:eek:just had to do it :crazy::crazy::crazy:

LOL! :eek:

ArizonaGiGi
08-15-2008, 09:22 PM
:laugh::laugh:just had to do it :crazy::crazy::crazy:

LI_Mom
08-16-2008, 12:12 PM

I wouldn't sit back & hope the Dr. Phil staff does their homework..... I'd prepare a detailed email of all the things you found out & believe they need to know.

For Dr. Phil, this is just one more show to tape & get on the air.

cutegirltoo
08-16-2008, 07:18 PM
I saw BK on one of our local news websites today!
www.koin.com
Let it scroll a couple times through the headlines- then there he is! Must be in relation to the upcoming show?

believe09
08-19-2008, 10:44 AM
I saw BK on one of our local news websites today!
www.koin.com (http://www.koin.com)
Let it scroll a couple times through the headlines- then there he is! Must be in relation to the upcoming show?

I couldn't find it, but I believe you...COOL. It's possible that the show is being taped even as we speak. I need to wait for Mr. Kyle to get back to me, but as soon as he does, I will share whatever he is allowed to set forth.

BeavisMom62
08-21-2008, 10:24 AM
That is so cool, believe. I sure hope that he (and we) gets what he is looking for. An identify and maybe, finally a family! Wouldn't that be wonderful!~?

Elphaba
08-21-2008, 04:26 PM
For once, I have a reason to watch Dr. Phil. I think it will be great for BK... putting pics of him out there, is one thing, but to put forth an actual filmed video of him will elevate things to a whole higher level... maybe someone watching will see him, pick up on his facial mannerism or/and voice mannerisms and make a connection. *crossing fingers*

BeavisMom62
08-23-2008, 01:44 PM
I hope so too, elphaba. I first heard of BK when reading the Enquirer then found him here. I used to live in Savannah and I remember Richmond Hill where he was found. I sure hope that someone can identify the man.

EmilyE
08-25-2008, 02:16 AM
Wow thats great! Oprah should do a show on him too! Benjaman needs to be returned to his family.

believe09
08-27-2008, 09:31 AM
The show is scheduled to air during the first two weeks of the new fall season; the season usually starts the first week of September, so let's keep an eye out for notices. I will let you know if Mr. Kyle get's advanced notice.

The confidentiality agreements regarding the taping of the show etc are pretty substantial so there is very little that can be posted about his experience right now...it is a great chance to get his face out there and as always this is a start.

I want to draft a letter to GA senators and reps to see if someone can get this man some ID so he can at least start to make a living of some kind until things fall into place for him.

Julessleuther
08-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Can we still work on this on our end though, or do we have to stop?

The show is scheduled to air during the first two weeks of the new fall season; the season usually starts the first week of September, so let's keep an eye out for notices. I will let you know if Mr. Kyle get's advanced notice.

The confidentiality agreements regarding the taping of the show etc are pretty substantial so there is very little that can be posted about his experience right now...it is a great chance to get his face out there and as always this is a start.

I want to draft a letter to GA senators and reps to see if someone can get this man some ID so he can at least start to make a living of some kind until things fall into place for him.

christine2448
08-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Can we still work on this on our end though, or do we have to stop?

He has NOT been identified as of yet, please continue your search for his identity. :blowkiss:

Fairy1
08-29-2008, 11:03 PM

Hello believe! Is this confidentiality agreement in relation to the show and what we can post here about that? It's a little late to play it close to the vest here at this point!

I sure wish Dr. Phil would do a tie-in with WS! There's been so, so, so much work on Benjaman's case here!

believe09
08-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Hello believe! Is this confidentiality agreement in relation to the show and what we can post here about that? It's a little late to play it close to the vest here at this point!

I sure wish Dr. Phil would do a tie-in with WS! There's been so, so, so much work on Benjaman's case here!

A good question, Fairy-but I wouldn't have posted if I couldn't...It was in the public domain once it went on the Dr. Phil website.

Salem
08-31-2008, 02:39 AM
Respectfully snipped ~

Believe - do you think Dr. Phil will address this "hardship" issue? It is impossible for BK to make a living without an identity. Will Dr. Phill help with that at all? Give BK access to one of the network's attorneys to help him out?

Salem

Also, it might be worth looking around the Social Security site. I'll try to do that, but my time is seriously crunched for the next couple of weeks (I'd have to give up my websleuths time :eek::eek:, which I will gladly do if something breaks in the Caylee Anthony case).

believe09
09-02-2008, 07:40 AM
Respectfully snipped ~

Believe - do you think Dr. Phil will address this "hardship" issue? It is impossible for BK to make a living without an identity. Will Dr. Phill help with that at all? Give BK access to one of the network's attorneys to help him out?

Salem

Also, it might be worth looking around the Social Security site. I'll try to do that, but my time is seriously crunched for the next couple of weeks (I'd have to give up my websleuths time :eek::eek:, which I will gladly do if something breaks in the Caylee Anthony case).

From your lips to, well you all know the saying!!! I know that the issue was brought up before the audience and Dr. Phil highlighted the fact that BK was asked to compromise his citizenship in order to get some benefits-whether it makes it through editing is the key piece.

snowme
09-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Any news on when this may get to air? I don't often catch afternoon television (it comes on in my area around 3 pm, I believe) and am anxious to not miss it! :crazy:

WantingToHelp
10-01-2008, 02:12 PM
No one replied to the last poster..

Does anyone know anything about when this will air on the Dr Phil show? I'd love to make sure I TIVO it so that I don't miss it!

Tracie5
10-01-2008, 11:03 PM
I can't help but feel that not only does Dr Phil want to air this story, but he wants to solve the mystery for Mr Kyle also. This might take some time, but wouldn't it be great? Maybe this is the reason for the delay.

I too am waiting daily for news of when the show will air.

believe09
10-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Rumor has it he may be saving him for November sweeps-this is our incentive to beat Dr Phil to the punch and step up the sleuthing, hmmm??

christine2448
10-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Rumor has it he may be saving him for November sweeps-this is our incentive to beat Dr Phil to the punch and step up the sleuthing, hmmm??
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

angelwngs
10-02-2008, 08:06 PM
I can't help but feel that not only does Dr Phil want to air this story, but he wants to solve the mystery for Mr Kyle also. This might take some time, but wouldn't it be great? Maybe this is the reason for the delay.

I too am waiting daily for news of when the show will air.

What if...His plan is to actually reunite him with his loved ones and Dr. P has put his investigators on finding his family... Maybe that has something to do with why it is taking so long to air. The first show will be his story and a follow up soon after to reveal his long lost family being reunited...Wouldn't that be wonderful!

If not that, he might be using his guys to make sure that BK isn't in any trouble from his past life...Clearing the slate before running the show..

Julespa
10-02-2008, 08:45 PM
While I would love to have Benjamin reunited with his family I would think it would be cruel to wait for so long just for publicity. Then again I am not a big fan of Dr. Phil and probably could see him doing that for ratings. IMO

Fairy1
10-02-2008, 11:26 PM
What if...His plan is to actually reunite him with his loved ones and Dr. P has put his investigators on finding his family... Maybe that has something to do with why it is taking so long to air. The first show will be his story and a follow up soon after to reveal his long lost family being reunited...Wouldn't that be wonderful!

If not that, he might be using his guys to make sure that BK isn't in any trouble from his past life...Clearing the slate before running the show..

It certainly would be wonderful if DP is attempting to determine Benjaman's ID before the show airs! I do not care how he is returned to his family just so long as he is!

IIRC - it has been determined that BK does not appear to have a criminal past.

believe09
10-07-2008, 02:59 PM
LE is pushing to get the show aired this month. This will save some effort in terms of attempting to obtain more DNA for comparison in the Douglas Mueller case, for example. The hope is that someone will see BK and call up and say, Oh my land it is Uncle XYZ..."

believe09
10-07-2008, 03:00 PM
While I would love to have Benjamin reunited with his family I would think it would be cruel to wait for so long just for publicity. Then again I am not a big fan of Dr. Phil and probably could see him doing that for ratings. IMO

DITTO!!!! I think playing with someone's hope is a little callous, jmo.

snowme
10-07-2008, 03:22 PM
LE is pushing to get the show aired this month. This will save some effort in terms of attempting to obtain more DNA for comparison in the Douglas Mueller case, for example. The hope is that someone will see BK and call up and say, Oh my land it is Uncle XYZ..."

Yay! :woohoo: LE pushing for an air date is a refreshing, good sign. I agree with you on 'playing with people's hope'... oh so typical, it seems, out in hollywoodland, but definitely callous.

Thanks for the good news tidbit!

believe09
10-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Check out the website and you will see Mr. Kyle's show listed to air. Check local broadcasting lists, but right now it looks like it will air on
OCTOBER 16!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Cubby
10-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Check out the website and you will see Mr. Kyle's show listed to air. Check local broadcasting lists, but right now it looks like it will air on
OCTOBER 16!!!!

Excellent! Thanks so much for letting us know! :woohoo:

Fairy1
10-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Have my DVR set and my fingers (and toes!) crossed for Benjaman!!!

Cymro
10-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Two things:

1. Has anyone explored the possibility that BK could be Dr Phil's long lost brother? :crazy:

and

2. I'm so glad I'm going to be in the country to see this as I am usually in the United Kingdom but am in Virginia for a week on vacation at the moment :woohoo:

EmMomma
10-15-2008, 04:34 PM
I live about 45 minutes from Savannah, I've never heard of Mr. Kyle until I saw Chicoliving's announcement...
I had chill bumps reading his story on SavannahNow...I am SO excited for him to get this opportunity to appear on Dr. Phil!
This may lead him to all the answers he's been looking for!:)

MissieMt
10-15-2008, 04:41 PM
This case has stuck with me since the first thread was started. His eyes just seem so caring. I can't wait to see the show, and I am praying that there will be new information on his identity.

SeekingJana
10-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Millions of people watch the Dr. Phil shows, both on a daily basis, and also late at night in replay and in syndication.

I truly believe this is one guest whom Dr. Phil will have excellent rapport with, and I believe he can help uncover who Benjaman is. Oh, how I hope there is a family waiting for him and who will see this tomorrow. Benjaman's case simply breaks my heart because he is one of the " living lost".

PLEASE pray for the right people to see this episode tomorrow. I hope and pray for the best for you, Benjaman, and will be watching and DVRing the show. I will be with you in spirit!!!

Maria

Gray
10-16-2008, 12:32 AM
I'll be praying for sure.

SieSie
10-16-2008, 12:39 AM
This case has stuck with me since the first thread was started. His eyes just seem so caring. I can't wait to see the show, and I am praying that there will be new information on his identity.
Me too, MissieMt!! I agree about his eyes, too - they seem so kind.

I was so excited to see the announcement that he'll be on Dr. Phil tomorrow, Oct. 16th. :woohoo: What excellent news and exposure, I pray he finds his identity.

snowme
10-16-2008, 03:06 AM
:woohoo: So glad I signed in and caught this info!

OCTOBER 16!!!!

believe09
10-16-2008, 07:52 AM
:rolling:

Two things:

1. Has anyone explored the possibility that BK could be Dr Phil's long lost brother? :crazy:

and

2. I'm so glad I'm going to be in the country to see this as I am usually in the United Kingdom but am in Virginia for a week on vacation at the moment :woohoo:

BeavisMom62
10-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Yeah! Finally! I hope he finds his family after all this time. Best of Luck, BK!!!

Boyz_Mum
10-16-2008, 09:00 AM
I do hope today is Mr. Kyle's day to be recognized by a family who loves and misses him. :)

believe09
10-16-2008, 09:10 AM
:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:
Wishing you some fufilled hopes, Mr. Kyle-I hope the phone lines light up and that they are not ALL crazies!!!!

Peace-
Believe

Cubby
10-16-2008, 09:18 AM
I hope todays the day Mr. Kyle gets some answers.
I'll be praying and watching!

Boyz_Mum
10-16-2008, 10:09 AM
I have to wait until 3 pm to watch.

Does anyone know if it's available to watch on the internet sooner than that?

phenolred
10-16-2008, 10:46 AM
whoooo hooo im sooo excited

OkGrace
10-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Ready to watch at 3, Really amazed at the efforts you all put in to trying to id Mr.Kyle, alot of great minds and ideas!

angelwngs
10-16-2008, 11:25 AM
My prayers and hopes are with you, Mr K. :)

fmw63
10-16-2008, 01:15 PM
http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1146/

The promo & what looks like transcripts of the interviews are here.
Haven't found a "live" link yet...

MissieMt
10-16-2008, 01:17 PM
I am a nervous wreck for Benjaman today. I have spent the whole morning re-reading all the threads. I'm praying for answers for Benjaman today!!!

believe09
10-16-2008, 02:30 PM
http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1146/

The promo & what looks like transcripts of the interviews are here.
Haven't found a "live" link yet...

Thanks, FM!! I am really interested to see the spin they put on his story-keeping in mind that the show is entertainment, and not completely based on facts perhaps....

RainbowsAndGumdrops
10-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Two things:

I was just logging in to make the same comment. That has been my thought since I first saw the pictures.

Tracie5
10-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Less than an hour to go before Dr Phil. My thoughts and prayers are with you Mr Kyle. I hope this show gets very positive results for you!

SeekingJana
10-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Benjaman looks like such a nice, warm, caring man. He DESERVES a good life, whether a past life resumes, or whether he gets the chance to pick up from here and go forward with renewed support and help from those who have the resources to help him. ( like Dr. Phil and Oprah).

I am so sorry that you were beaten almost to death and suffered so badly at the hands of thugs. I believe in my heart that although you do not remember your past, you were a professional man, a good man, a gentle and highly intelligent man.

Benjaman, I am praying very hard for you, today especially. I always will pray for you and think of you until I read that you have a life which brings you peace and contentment.

Maria

LoriC73
10-16-2008, 04:00 PM
I have to admit I had never heard of BK, and after watching Dr. Phil today, my heart goes out to him. I can't imagine waking up and not knowing your name, your past or your family. I find it hard to believe that no one is missing him-he could be someone's father or brother. No one is looking for him?!? So sad....

believe09
10-16-2008, 04:05 PM
:slap:

I missed it-I am the world's biggest dork. It was on 3PM here and I thought it was 5.

On again at 8pm...sigh.

SeekingJana
10-16-2008, 04:11 PM
It's a very moving show, thus far. I hope so much that Dr. Phil is able to finally bring a breakthrough to this very nice man.

Maria

STEADFAST
10-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Watching it now. Wow, he really looks different to me "in person." And it's very interesting to hear his voice finally.

believe09
10-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Watching it now. Wow, he really looks different to me "in person." And it's very interesting to hear his voice finally.

I am glad you mentioned that-I have been talking to him for a few months now and the first thing I noticed was that he sounds almost like he has an obstruction or scar tissue. I had a loved one who had a whole lot of throat surgery, so it helped me make the comparison....

believe09
10-16-2008, 04:16 PM
It's a very moving show, thus far. I hope so much that Dr. Phil is able to finally bring a breakthrough to this very nice man.

Maria

:blowkiss:

Does anyone know if there is a way to copy this stuff onto a computer and link it??

fox1950
10-16-2008, 04:20 PM
This is the strangest case. I would think that with all the people who watch the show that someone would come forward with some information as to who he is. The age regression pictures were interesting-didn't look too much like any of the missing persons so far.

SeriouslySearching
10-16-2008, 04:23 PM
This is great!! It is wonderful to see him break into that smile. I can't wait to hear the rest of the show. (Doesn't WS get an honorable mention?!)

SeriouslySearching
10-16-2008, 04:23 PM
:blowkiss:

Does anyone know if there is a way to copy this stuff onto a computer and link it??Contact Patty G! She can do it!

SeriouslySearching
10-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Where is everyone?

LaWanda
10-16-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm at work but I have my DVR set to record. Dr. Phil doesn't show here until 5pm, so I'm going to FLY home and start it immediately! Prayers that someone who knows him is watching and he gets all his questions answered soon! :blowkiss:

SeriouslySearching
10-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Oh, I forget it comes on earlier here. Thanks, LaWanda!

lymom3
10-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Where is everyone?

At work :mad::mad: but I set the DVR to record it...will be in my viewing line up tonight!

Cubby
10-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Not on here yet either, until 4 pm.

SeriouslySearching
10-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Hey...I could be right! The Linguistics expert said he could be from parts of TX, OK, KS, Southern Missouri, IL, or IN! These are the areas she is concentrating on because of the way he pronounces certain words etc. I am excited!

10-15-2007, 11:24 PM

Originally posted by Seriously Searching:

I believe he is either from Colorado or maybe even Oklahoma...because being from NE Oklahoma...I don't detect any accent at all. He sounds like one of us. LOL

His elbow surgery interests me. Does he recall playing any sports where he could have gotten the injury or developed an injury over time? Has he shown any "natural" abilities or a keen interest in any one sport?

I still want the answer about his elbow and the pins as to if they can find any numbers on them etc. Doesn't seem that has ever been really addressed.

MCDRAW
10-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Even though I dislike Dr. Phil, I watched the show. I hope someone that knows him watched it too. He seems like a really nice guy. I was hoping WS would be mentioned.

Straitfan
10-16-2008, 05:08 PM
I saw most of it. I pray they are able to locate his family.. I'm glad he got National attention, it is just so sad. Even if his past memory does not came back at least having family who could love him and fill in the blanks of his past would be good for him. God Bless you Benjaman and praying for answers soon :)

believe09
10-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Even though I dislike Dr. Phil, I watched the show. I hope someone that knows him watched it too. He seems like a really nice guy. I was hoping WS would be mentioned.

Let me state here and now that you guys have done the most incredible work on this case-I applaud and appreciate you, small consolation as this is lol!

I couldn't even begin to count the hours devoted to the side by sides, the ruling in/out, legwork with LE on what wasn't even sent to him...letters on his behalf and simple caring.

SeekingJana
10-16-2008, 05:12 PM
In listening to him talk, there is a strain in his natural voice. I can think of two causes.

One would be intubation with an endotracheal tube, especially on an emergency field basis as opposed to in- hospital during surgery.
The other would be direct trauma to his neck when he was beaten.

As I recall, he has 2 injuries which were not mentioned on Dr. Phil. He has spinal fusions and a plate in his right arm. So, he has had trauma at some point in his adult life which might explain the hoarseness, or what I consider to be the characteristic strain from a healed injury to the front of the neck.

I wonder why they didn't mention the two healed injuries? Maybe HIPAA laws or his choice, or maybe they didn't think it was important?
Because I think there is a chance that he was in an industrial accident of some sort and that his caregivers ( doctors, nurses, PT) might well recognize him.

believe09
10-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey...I could be right! The Linguistics expert said he could be from parts of TX, OK, KS, Southern Missouri, IL, or IN! These are the areas she is concentrating on because of the way he pronounces certain words etc. I am excited!

I still want the answer about his elbow and the pins as to if they can find any numbers on them etc. Doesn't seem that has ever been really addressed.

No offense to you and the linguistics expert, lol, but those locations are not new. It is funny in a way the duplication of effort of the show, but they wanted to do it their own way I suspect.

SeriouslySearching
10-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Yes, I don't understand after all the work done here why there wasn't at least a mention. I was rather disappointed, but I guess it doesn't matter and we have to remember that it is all about BK.

I hope someone calls in with legitimate leads.

Btw~ Dr. Phil mentioned they had contacted all of their affiliate stations across the nation (over 200) for help. There was no mention of it on our station so if he did contact them, they chose not to do anything...at least, not yet.

SeriouslySearching
10-16-2008, 05:18 PM
No offense to you and the linguistics expert, lol, but those locations are not new. It is funny in a way the duplication of effort of the show, but they wanted to do it their own way I suspect.LOL But I predicted that back when we first saw this case. :P She verified it through professional testing which I didn't realize had been done before. Am I mistaken?

(I dropped out of this case after a considerable amount of time and effort, but I still try to keep up with it because I do care about what happens to BK and would like to see him find his way back home.)

MidnightQ
10-16-2008, 05:23 PM
I can't find a single TV Station here in Denmark showing this episode of Dr. Phil... :banghead:

Could someone please give me a detailed update of the program? Please...:)

Marina2
10-16-2008, 05:26 PM
I live about 45 minutes from Savannah, I've never heard of Mr. Kyle until I saw Chicoliving's announcement...
I had chill bumps reading his story on SavannahNow...I am SO excited for him to get this opportunity to appear on Dr. Phil!
This may lead him to all the answers he's been looking for!:)

I live about an hour south of Savannah and I've never heard of Mr. Kyle either. I hope he finds his family. I wonder if the attack is what caused his amnesia or an event in his past.

believe09
10-16-2008, 05:56 PM
I live about an hour south of Savannah and I've never heard of Mr. Kyle either. I hope he finds his family. I wonder if the attack is what caused his amnesia or an event in his past.

There in lies the question Marina-did you know that he cannot even get access to his medical records at the hospital to get scan results etc...because they are demanding over 800.00 to copy them? I am hoping the show shames them into a different position.

SeriouslySearching
10-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Dr. Phil said they were going to set him up with various avenues of help in his area. Maybe this will be addressed when they realize he has not had access to his own medical records.

MCDRAW
10-16-2008, 06:02 PM
There in lies the question Marina-did you know that he cannot even get access to his medical records at the hospital to get scan results etc...because they are demanding over 800.00 to copy them? I am hoping the show shames them into a different position.

I thought everyone had free acsess to their own medical records. See what I know.:waitasec:

SeriouslySearching
10-16-2008, 06:03 PM
I can't find a single TV Station here in Denmark showing this episode of Dr. Phil... :banghead:

Could someone please give me a detailed update of the program? Please...:)I am not ignoring you. :blowkiss: I just can't go into detail right now is all.

MidnightQ
10-16-2008, 06:10 PM
I am not ignoring you. :blowkiss: I just can't go into detail right now is all.

Thank you.

No rush - since it's past midnight in Denmark - I really need to go to bed now :)

Marina2
10-16-2008, 06:21 PM

No, I didn't know that. I just started reading this while watching the Phil show. It will take awhile to get caught up. I just can't believe I never heard of him until I found websleuths..I go to Savannah at least once a month. Can he go to the hospital and just look at his records without taking copies...his nurse friend could go with him and help interpret results etc.? I know the attack could have been the traumatic event that led to amnesia but it could also have been what led him to Savannah in the first place...something in his past. I have so many questions. The Social Security issue is sad. Poor man.

believe09
10-16-2008, 06:31 PM
No, I didn't know that. I just started reading this while watching the Phil show. It will take awhile to get caught up. I just can't believe I never heard of him until I found websleuths..I go to Savannah at least once a month. Can he go to the hospital and just look at his records without taking copies...his nurse friend could go with him and help interpret results etc.? I know the attack could have been the traumatic event that led to amnesia but it could also have been what led him to Savannah in the first place...something in his past. I have so many questions. The Social Security issue is sad. Poor man.

You are very intuitive-yup he can do that. I don't know how hard it would be to read about how not only was he beaten and robbed, but those who were caring for him thought he was a bum who probably got rolled...so to my knowledge there were no dumpster searches done for his belongings, and the hotels around the area were not checked for disappearing guests until many years later when there was no way to determine if he had been a businessman in town. Even stolen and abandoned cars are auctioned every six months, so there was no way to try and get a list of cars that were found stripped or just parked somewhere. I checked that one myself, lol.

Once his labs came back as pristine, showing absolutely NO alcohol or drug abuse did the light start to dawn that he was probably not the average homeless dude found naked behind a BK...:rolleyes:

Cubby
10-16-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm so glad he is getting this national exposure. I thought the show was interesting. Not quite the angle I had expected, but interesting. Believe, now that the show has been aired will we have access to any additional behind the scenes information which we may not have been privy to earlier? Such as the diocese/possible area in Indianapolis they have 'narrowed'.

I found it interesting the show mentioned little on his memories of Colorado and that he seemed pretty 'certain' he shared a birth date with Michael Jackson but was exactly 10 years older than him to the day.

I pray they get some legitimate leads and they additional assistance offered pans out. Will we be privy to what that might be? Just curious.

It was also interesting to put a face to NB.

Cymro
The show doesn't go out here until 7 p.m. EST so I haven't seen it, but I can't believe that for the sake of $800 the show didn't pay up to get those medical records released if they could have contained identifying information, e.g., the serial number of his medical implant (or perhaps they explored that avenue using their own searches, I don't know).

OkGrace
I recalled him mentioning a birthdate on the show that he said he just "knew" (intuition) I wonder if it has been ran? I do not remember the date however I remember him stating the date was exactly 10 years to the date of Michael Jacksons birthday.

Anyone know?

Cubby we posted at the same time, sorry about duplication!

Cymro
10-16-2008, 06:59 PM
The date would be 29 August 1948 (ten years before MJJ).

believe09
10-16-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm so glad he is getting this national exposure. I thought the show was interesting. Not quite the angle I had expected, but interesting. Believe, now that the show has been aired will we have access to any additional behind the scenes information which we may not have been privy to earlier? Such as the diocese/possible area in Indianapolis they have 'narrowed'.

I found it interesting the show mentioned little on his memories of Colorado and that he seemed pretty 'certain' he shared a birth date with Michael Jackson but was exactly 10 years older than him to the day.

I pray they get some legitimate leads and they additional assistance offered pans out. Will we be privy to what that might be? Just curious.

I flat out asked the FBI if we could help out with vetting leads....I figured it was worth putting out there.

The stuff around the show is a little different because there is a confidentiality agreement in place for 6 months after the contract is signed, IIRC.

Cubby
10-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I flat out asked the FBI if we could help out with vetting leads....I figured it was worth putting out there.

The stuff around the show is a little different because there is a confidentiality agreement in place for 6 months after the contract is signed, IIRC.

Interesting. I hope if he is ID'D that won't be confidential, lol. ;)

Interesting comments on Dr. Phils column. A few that he resembles George Bush... I see no resemblence whatsover to our president. A few locals to the Indy area putting out some feelers - which is nice.

Hopefully they will do a follow up show.

angelwngs
10-16-2008, 07:25 PM
He seems like a very nice man. I pray this exposure will bring him closer to people who love him and can fill in the blank pages in his past. I do wish Dr. Phil had placed more focus on him and talked less himself...There were often times that he opened his mouth to reply or add something and Dr. P or other guests over ran him and he was unable to say what he wished to say....

Cubby
10-16-2008, 07:29 PM
I do wish Dr. Phil had placed more focus on him and talked less himself...There were often times that he opened his mouth to reply or add something and Dr. P or other guests over ran him and he was unable to say what he wished to say....

I agree. I noticed that too. Though, I think Dr. Phils show would have to be more focused on the amnesia than a missing persons investigation.

Patty G
10-16-2008, 08:00 PM
I recorded Dr. Phil and if you want me to upload it here, I can do it at some point tomorrow. Just let me know.

ArizonaGiGi
10-16-2008, 08:01 PM
From watching him on the show, when he said that he went to Georgia to see the ocean, I got the feeling that he was dealing with something very traumatic at the time he was beaten and left for dead. Perhaps he had a wife or child die and that's why no one has missed him? It seems like there would be other family members that would report him missing but perhaps he got divorced and became homeless afterwards and no one reported him missing because they suspect he is on the streets somewhere. He could have become depressed from a divorce or death in the family and ended up homeless as a result.

He is an educated man and seems like he would have had a white collar type job so he is not the stereotypical homeless person but not all of the homeless are alcoholics and drug addicts.

I agree Phil did too much talking and not enough listening. We could have learned more from Benjaman . But I guess it's Phil's show and at least Benjaman was on there - hopefully it will find the answers to who he really is.

believe09
10-16-2008, 08:11 PM
I recorded Dr. Phil and if you want me to upload it here, I can do it at some point tomorrow. Just let me know.

I LOVE YOU....really, lol.

Macushla
10-16-2008, 08:31 PM
I had never heard of Benjaman until I saw the notice at the top of the forum, and of course I made sure I watched Dr. Phil today. What an incredible story. The Social Security aspect made me furious - surely there is a Senator or Congressperson from Georgia who would be willing to go to bat for him? I skimmed this thread and saw something about confidentiality - I hope that would not stop someone from posting to his forum if he is identified???

I am trying to imagine how he feels about the fact that, as stated on the show, there might be some traumatic event that triggered the amnesia. How frightened he must be at some level, with the thought of what that traumatic event might be. Not having a mustache any more really changed the way he looks - at least to me - have pix been put up somewhere without the mustache?

I will keep Benjaman in my heart and in my thoughts and hope that he does find answers to his past - and that those answers will not harm him in any way.

Thank you WS for putting the info on the show up there and letting me know about it. Now I want to go back and read all the threads about him.

believe09
10-16-2008, 08:52 PM
From watching him on the show, when he said that he went to Georgia to see the ocean, I got the feeling that he was dealing with something very traumatic at the time he was beaten and left for dead. Perhaps he had a wife or child die and that's why no one has missed him? It seems like there would be other family members that would report him missing but perhaps he got divorced and became homeless afterwards and no one reported him missing because they suspect he is on the streets somewhere. He could have become depressed from a divorce or death in the family and ended up homeless as a result.

He is an educated man and seems like he would have had a white collar type job so he is not the stereotypical homeless person but not all of the homeless are alcoholics and drug addicts.

I agree Phil did too much talking and not enough listening. We could have learned more from Benjaman . But I guess it's Phil's show and at least Benjaman was on there - hopefully it will find the answers to who he really is.

Oh man-as overwhelming as it would be, I wish you all could speak with him...the things he knows about he knows. If you start him on restaurants, he is like a savant-building construction, food, cleanliness of the bathroom (a nod to you BK) it is something else.

Salem
10-16-2008, 09:03 PM

Patty - I would be ever so grateful if you would :blowkiss:

Salem

Patty G
10-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Patty - I would be ever so grateful if you would :blowkiss:

Salem

I will work on it tonight and upload it in the morning as I am uploading NG videos at the moment. :)

SieSie
10-16-2008, 10:16 PM
I missed it today and was soooo upset when I remembered around 8 o'clock tonight! :doh: I'd watch it this weekend if you get a chance to upload it. I'd appreciate it. :blowkiss:

Straitfan
10-16-2008, 11:15 PM
I wasnt crazy about Dr Phil's approach either, he kept asking the other guest her advise for BK, well her situation is totally different she has her family to fill in the blanks, pix of her past, etc he doesn't.. Wish he would have spent more time focusing on BK :(

Fairy1
10-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Ok - Let me start by saying that I am NOT a fan of Dr. Phil - AT ALL! I taped this show today and watched it when I got home from work and it is honestly the first, (and probably last!) entire Dr. Phil show I have ever seen!

That being said - I thought it was awesome for Benjaman! I am very pleased with the information he was able to share and I'm especially happy that they took extra steps to add real credibility to amnesia generally. I think a lot of folks are really skeptical about it and they put a real, human and believable face to it. I don't think anyone could come away from this show without feeling real sympathy for Benjaman and hopefully with a determination to help him find out who he is and where he belongs.

It was so exciting to actually see this lovely gentleman and I am so hopeful that, within the next 24 - 48 hours, believe09 will let us know that credible tips are pouring in! I hope that by this time next week, Benjaman will be well on his way home.

snowme
10-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Count me among those who felt Benjaman should have been allowed to speak more - to hear his voice, to see his mannerisms when he spoke, to speak on his intuitive memories to get the feel of where he feels he's been, what he may have once done, etc.

I also was disappointed that the past surgerical evidences weren't even mentioned. I have family members that I haven't seen in 20 years - I sincerely doubt I'd recognize them if they passed me on the street - but if they mentioned something that important (as a surgery) it would likely shake the senses into recognizing the face. Someone may have been watching that that info would have jarred them into recognizing Benjaman.

Those things aside, I am so happy he got the air time and pray it leads to a good result.

Fairy1
10-17-2008, 12:05 AM
I will say, it would have been wonderful if WS had been given a shout out. There has been a such a tremendous amount of research on Benjaman's case here. Valuable, in-depth sleuthing that can be so useful to anyone interested in helping Benjaman. But, anyone sincerely wanting to help will, no doubt, find their way here. I'm just grateful for the exposure for Benjaman!

Julessleuther
10-17-2008, 01:15 AM
A few comments about his guess at his birthdate...

1. He was found Aug 31st, 2004. If he thinks his birthdate is Aug 29th (Micheal Jacksons birthday), he may have been in the Savannah area to celebrate his birthday? He was found just a few days after.

2. I am going through the social security death index with the birthdate of August 29, 1948. I am currently looking under CO and IN as issue states. Perhaps he was declared dead and is listed there? I don't know what I am looking for, but I will let you know if I find anything interesting...

Julessleuther
10-17-2008, 01:18 AM
This is O/T, but I have to say Patty...YOU ARE THE BOMB!! I have seen you here and on Caylees thread and various other places around here, and I am so impressed with how you joined websleuths, rolled up your sleeves and dove in. Thank you for all you do here!!:clap::blowkiss:

Julessleuther
10-17-2008, 01:19 AM
:blowkiss: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:I LOVE YOU....really, lol.

Earthbound Misfit I
10-17-2008, 01:20 AM
I've been working on this angle most of this evening. I haven't found anything remotely interesting but who knows..it may lead somewhere.

A few comments about his guess at his birthdate...

2. I am going through the social security death index with the birthdate of August 29, 1948. I am currently looking under CO and IN as issue states. Perhaps he was declared dead and is listed there? I don't know what I am looking for, but I will let you know if I find anything interesting...

snowme
10-17-2008, 01:20 AM
Oh good thinking with the birthdate Julessleuther! If not his birthdate, perhaps the date stands out to him for some other similar reason. Someone elses birthdate and he had celebrated with them just prior to the incident that lead us to know him.

Julessleuther
10-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Ok! Great minds think alike, right? :clap:;) I've been working on this angle most of this evening. I haven't found anything remotely interesting but who knows..it may lead somewhere.

Julessleuther
10-17-2008, 01:48 AM
RK:

There is a RB Dorland from Indiana, with a death date of Oct 11th, 2003. His last residence is listed as FO. Do you know what that means?

Also, if someone were declared dead, what would their death date be? The last date they were seen?

Believe, I have a question for you: Since you have talked to him, has he ever mentioned any memories of being in the military? He is of the age that he could have been drafted for Vietnam. Is there any chance at all that he could have been declared dead in Vietnam, but came home and drifted for all those years? Maybe that is why his family is not looking for him, because they think that their son/husband etc died in Vietnam?

Julessleuther
10-17-2008, 02:52 AM
If the Vietnam idea is at all viable, here are some links to MIA/POW for both Indiana and Colorado. Just click on the unaccounted for PDF's for each state.

http://www.dtic.mil/dpmo/pmsea/HTML/HTML/files_full.htm#usaf

Ok, one thing I found. There is a Charles R Brownlee listed MIA from Alamosa, CO. When I looked for him for ssdi, there was none listed for CO, but there was one listed from Indiana, with a death date of Nov 18, 2003. It may be absolutely nothing, but was interesting...

Julessleuther
10-17-2008, 03:35 AM
Ok, more info:

I also found a Benjamin Kyle born Jan 1979 and died Dec 1983. Ohio A son???

There were definitely Kyle relatives in Indiana. There is actually a Clifford Kyle with the birthdate of August 28, 1913, and died in Aug 1970. Perhaps his father?

There are also Kyles in the Denver area too.

There is also a Marion Benjamin who was from Florida, born AUG 28, 1940 but died in SAVANNAH, GA in July 2000 -VERY interesting...

EDIT: Marion Benjamin was married to a man named Oscar Benjamin, and they were divorced in Florida. I do not have an ancestry.com account, so I do not know when they married and divorced, but this is the same Marion Benjamin who died in Savannah.

Here is her obit, no mention of Oscar:

Marion D. BenjaminMarion De
Lois Benjamin, 59, of Savannah, died July 9.
She was born in Jacksonville, Fla., and was a disabled Army veteran.
SURVIVORS: two sisters, Mildred Littles and Elma Philips, both of Warner Robins; two aunts, Roberta Rawls of Rochelle and Ruthie Mae Williams of Warner Robins; an uncle, Mathis Rawls of Rochelle; and a niece, Janine Littles of Savannah.
MEMORIAL SERVICE: 1 p.m. Saturday at Piney Grove Baptist Church, Rochelle. McCullough Funeral Home, Warner Robins.

There is a listing on zabasearch for a Kyle Benjamin for Bloomington, IN. There is a listing for Bryan Kyle in Denver.

believe09
10-17-2008, 07:20 AM
I've been working on this angle most of this evening. I haven't found anything remotely interesting but who knows..it may lead somewhere.

Perfect-please let us know anything-consider that it might be the birthdate of a loved one or someone who was close to BK as well...

believe09
10-17-2008, 07:24 AM
RK:

There is a RB Dorland from Indiana, with a death date of Oct 11th, 2003. His last residence is listed as FO. Do you know what that means?

Also, if someone were declared dead, what would their death date be? The last date they were seen?

Believe, I have a question for you: Since you have talked to him, has he ever mentioned any memories of being in the military? He is of the age that he could have been drafted for Vietnam. Is there any chance at all that he could have been declared dead in Vietnam, but came home and drifted for all those years? Maybe that is why his family is not looking for him, because they think that their son/husband etc died in Vietnam?

Excellent question-he has many varied memories of his past...profound events and mundane. The military has never ever been a part of it, I have to say.

He remembers presidents and administrations, world events, corporate mergers-he has been hypnotized and regressed during the last few years.

For those who may be reading as a result of the show, psychics have been involved in his case and I will spare you my very harsh opinion of how it went. I would have had less problem with it if it were not for the shocking cost of each reading....

MissieMt
10-17-2008, 07:56 AM
Excellent question-he has many varied memories of his past...profound events and mundane. The military has never ever been a part of it, I have to say.

He remembers presidents and administrations, world events, corporate mergers-he has been hypnotized and regressed during the last few years.

For those who may be reading as a result of the show, psychics have been involved in his case and I will spare you my very harsh opinion of how it went. I would have had less problem with it if it were not for the shocking cost of each reading....

(My bold)

That is just infuriating!!!! I am still praying that Benjaman hears something soon. He looked so nervoues on the show, imo. I can't even begin to imagine what he must be feeling.

Patty G
10-17-2008, 07:57 AM
October 16, 2008
Dr. Phil Show

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mJLHHKiVF4
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSsy1LTJXAQ
Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqEX0vkmS0s
Part 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI1OMUewdKY
Part 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXdIh9s7WlU
Part 6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-__wAbFKSno
Part 7 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpJpcHzEpt0

believe09
10-17-2008, 08:13 AM
October 16, 2008
Dr. Phil Show

You are a goddess...no lie!

cacnotcam
10-17-2008, 09:59 AM

Oh man...That's awful!!! Poor guy!! I feel really bad for him and to have people just take advantage of him like that is just beyond words! :furious:

Gray
10-17-2008, 10:13 AM
What about researching the birth dates for specific people on our list that we haven't ruled out? And possibly even place of birth if that's accessible online...

Julessleuther
10-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Can you give an example of some of those memories--maybe it is posted here and I missed it? Which presidents does he remember, which corporate mergers? They all may be clues. If he remembers a certain president, maybe he voted for that person, and thus was a registered voter of that party; if he remembers corporate mergers, maybe it is because it affected him personally, in that he or a family member worked for the company... Does this question need to be moved over to the memories thread?

EDIT: I am sorry, nevermind. I am watching Pattys videos and getting the information.

dreamweaver
10-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Benjamin Kyle:
I first noticed his story here a couple of days ago. I saw that he was to be on Dr Phill show.
SSN:
1. He CAN get a new ssn. There has to be very unusual circumstances, documented by LE or an approved agency.
I worked for a human services agency for over 20 years.
I knew of 2 instances where the person was able to get a new ssn.
1. a woman who was in a severe domestic abuse situation. The abuser was a computer genius. She had all this documented.
2. a man expartriated from Africa. Salvation Army helped him.
He must talk to a SSA mangement person. Perhaps the congressman's office can help him. Or perphaps he needs a very good lawyer.
Maybe there are lawyers who would donate their time. Or maybe Dr Phil's show would pay for it?
Maybe Dr Phil's show would pay the $800.00 cost of his medical records?
DNA: kinship dna: If it legal, his dna could be run through different agencenies to check on any kinship markers.
FINGERPRINTS:
check, police, state employees, school districts, military, fbi, dmv offices before 2004, to run his fingerprints.
I think I remember in the JonBenet R case, the retired policeman who came into case later, said that there are lots of different fingerprint data bases.

You would think someone might recognize him now, with the national exposure of Dr Phil's show. He had to have classmates, family, friends, co workers, acquaintances.
He had several surgical scars. Maybe there is a doctor out there who will recognize him or the description of his scars.
MYSPACE; someone could help set up a myspace page for him.
I would do it, if I could get permission from him.

Hope he is identified soon.

cacnotcam
10-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Benjamin Kyle:
I first noticed his story here a couple of days ago. I saw that he was to be on Dr Phill show.
SSN:
1. He CAN get a new ssn. There has to be very unusual circumstances, documented by LE or an approved agency.
1. a woman who was in a severe domestic abuse situation. The abuser was a computer genius. She had all this documented.
He must talk to a SSA mangement person. Perhaps the congressman's office can help him. Or perphaps he needs a very good lawyer.
Maybe there are lawyers who would donate their time. Or maybe Dr Phil's show would pay for it?
Maybe Dr Phil's show would pay the $800.00 cost of his medical records?
DNA: kinship dna: If it legal, his dna could be run through different agencenies to check on any kinship markers.
FINGERPRINTS:
check, police, state employees, school districts, military, fbi, dmv offices before 2004, to run his fingerprints.
I think I remember in the JonBenet R case, the retired policeman who came into case later, said that there are lots of different fingerprint data bases.

You would think someone might recognize him now, with the national exposure of Dr Phil's show. He had to have classmates, family, friends, co workers, acquaintances.
He had several surgical scars. Maybe there is a doctor out there who will recognize him or the description of his scars.
MYSPACE; someone could help set up a myspace page for him.
I would do it, if I could get permission from him.

Hope he is identified soon.

I think he may have a Myspace page. I believe that I have seen it at some point. That is how I first heard of him in the first place IIRC.

dreamweaver
10-17-2008, 01:39 PM
I went online and searched Savannah, Ga, Aug. 27, 2007.
I chose the 27th because it was the day before he was found.
There were MANY conferences listed, as well as, family reunions, weddings, golf tournaments, several scientific conferences, fishing trip, a reunion of former vets, including ones from Vietnam era, and so many more. There was an obituary notice for that date, which led me to think, maybe he came to town for a funeral, a wedding, birth of a grandchild, a business conference. Maybe he came into town for a medical procdure?
Are there well known hospitals in the area?

Did LE check rental cars that were turned in by leaving the car in the lot?
Or a rental car that the agency had to track down?
What about a car that might have been his? Did LE check all abandoned cars, did they check towing companies, did they check wrecker yards?
Any 911 tapes that maybe someone called and hung up? I know they call back now to check on the person, but did they in 2004 in Savannah or Richmond?

Did LE check security tapes from Burger King? Security tapes from nearby businesses, in a 12 block radius?

Did LE or the hospital check Benjamin K for any trace evidence? Carpet fibers, scrapings under his nails, hair combed through, any metal particles?
Did LE or the hospital measure the 3 depressions on the right side of his head to determine if they could match the size to a kind of weapon?
Or was he treated like a homeless person and not much attention was paid to him?

Did LE check bars, nightclubs, alternative lifestyle bars, escort services?
I don't know that BK drank, but I wonder if there were any fights reported
to LE by any of these places?

It will be great once we know and he knows who he is and what happened to him.

dreamweaver
10-17-2008, 01:40 PM
I think he may have a Myspace page. I believe that I have seen it at some point. That is how I first heard of him in the first place IIRC.

-------------------------
I tried to find his myspace page. I had created one for a family friend who was murdered and thought I would check Benjamin K's out.
I will search again. Do you have a link?
Thank you.

Voice4theSilent
10-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Benjamin Kyle:
SSN:

While it is true you can get a new SS#, the new # must be linked to the old...which is why BK is probably running into roadblocks on that. (Anyone who has a verifiable identity theft of their SS# can get a new SS# because they have knowledge of what their old SS# was...which I think is also the case of both of your examples.)

dreamweaver
10-17-2008, 02:01 PM
While it is true you can get a new SS#, the new # must be linked to the old...which is why BK is probably running into roadblocks on that. (Anyone who has a verifiable identity theft of their SS# can get a new SS# because they have knowledge of what their old SS# was...which I think is also the case of both of your examples.)

Voice4theSilent
10-17-2008, 02:06 PM
When watching the show yesterday I thought I saw a little bit of an interview either going to a commercial or coming back from one in which someone stated that if BK had been left at the dumpster the day before that he would have been spotted a day earlier so therefor he was only there for a short amount of time. IIRC he was covered in bites and was sunburned badly? Can anyone point me in the right direction to get more information on that? Was he burned over all of his body or just on the side of his body exposed to the sun when he was lying there unconscious? Were the bites from being next to the dumpster? Were his injuries to his eyes caused by being left by the dumpster? Does anyone know if (LE, FBI, paramedics, etc.) have that information? Does BK have access to all the LE/medical reports from when he was found by the dumpster?

Voice4theSilent
10-17-2008, 02:08 PM

Me, too! I can't understand why it would be such a problem for him to obtain a new ss# to get a job and contribute to society!!

cacnotcam
10-17-2008, 02:14 PM
When watching the show yesterday I thought I saw a little bit of an interview either going to a commercial or coming back from one in which someone stated that if BK had been left at the dumpster the day before that he would have been spotted a day earlier so therefor he was only there for a short amount of time. IIRC he was covered in bites and was sunburned badly? Can anyone point me in the right direction to get more information on that? Was he burned over all of his body or just on the side of his body exposed to the sun when he was lying there unconscious? Were the bites from being next to the dumpster? Were his injuries to his eyes caused by being left by the dumpster? Does anyone know if (LE, FBI, paramedics, etc.) have that information? Does BK have access to all the LE/medical reports from when he was found by the dumpster?

Not sure but they implied that his severe cataracts could have been caused by him laying out in the sun unconscious for a long period of time. Not sure where I read that though.

cacnotcam
10-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Me, too! I can't understand why it would be such a problem for him to obtain a new ss# to get a job and contribute to society!!

Yeah, you would think that they would make an exception for him, as they do with others. Maybe they are thinking that he will find his identity and then there will be a whole slew of problems with him having two SS numbers? Either way, I say give him one!

believe09
10-17-2008, 02:25 PM
I went online and searched Savannah, Ga, Aug. 27, 2007.
I chose the 27th because it was the day before he was found.
There were MANY conferences listed, as well as, family reunions, weddings, golf tournaments, several scientific conferences, fishing trip, a reunion of former vets, including ones from Vietnam era, and so many more. There was an obituary notice for that date, which led me to think, maybe he came to town for a funeral, a wedding, birth of a grandchild, a business conference. Maybe he came into town for a medical procdure?
Are there well known hospitals in the area?

Did LE check rental cars that were turned in by leaving the car in the lot?
Or a rental car that the agency had to track down?
What about a car that might have been his? Did LE check all abandoned cars, did they check towing companies, did they check wrecker yards?
Any 911 tapes that maybe someone called and hung up? I know they call back now to check on the person, but did they in 2004 in Savannah or Richmond?

Did LE check security tapes from Burger King? Security tapes from nearby businesses, in a 12 block radius?

Did LE or the hospital check Benjamin K for any trace evidence? Carpet fibers, scrapings under his nails, hair combed through, any metal particles?
Did LE or the hospital measure the 3 depressions on the right side of his head to determine if they could match the size to a kind of weapon?
Or was he treated like a homeless person and not much attention was paid to him?

Did LE check bars, nightclubs, alternative lifestyle bars, escort services?
I don't know that BK drank, but I wonder if there were any fights reported
to LE by any of these places?

It will be great once we know and he knows who he is and what happened to him.

I am going to be honest with you-two rookie cops responded to Benjaman's location, and did nothing because they decided that he was a bum who had been rolled.

No investigation. Nothing. Rental car companies do not keep info on missing rental cars available to the public for the time frame we were looking. The hotels do not report missing guests typically because it counts as a police report against the hotel chain.

BK's labs were CLEAN-no drugs, no alcohol. Nada.

Everyone was quite surprised when he actually started coming around and talking. He had blinding cataracts and the cost of removal was DONATED by physicians. Then when he saw himself, he had no idea who he was looking at for the most part. Some older guy. Because he had lost 20 years at that point....

There was NOTHING done to discover his ID by the police at the time of the assault.

He was floundering, trapped at a rehab facility when Katherine came upon him and now she keeps an eye on this otherwise very smart, very capable man.

believe09
10-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Yeah, you would think that they would make an exception for him, as they do with others. Maybe they are thinking that he will find his identity and then there will be a whole slew of problems with him having two SS numbers? Either way, I say give him one!

I say run with this thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to find someone who will sponsor him to get some ID-I mean whose to say when he discovers who he is he may not want to stay Benjaman because that is who he is right now???

cacnotcam
10-17-2008, 02:30 PM
I am going to be honest with you-two rookie cops responded to Benjaman's location, and did nothing because they decided that he was a bum who had been rolled.

No investigation. Nothing. Rental car companies do not keep info on missing rental cars available to the public for the time frame we were looking. The hotels do not report missing guests typically because it counts as a police report against the hotel chain.

Everyone was quite surprised when he actually started coming around and talking. He had blinding cataracts and the cost of removal was DONATED by physicians. Then when he saw himself, he had no idea who he was looking at for the most part. Some older guy. Because he had lost 20 years at that point....

There was NOTHING done to discover his ID by the police at the time of the assault.

He was floundering, trapped at a rehab facility when Katherine came upon him and now she keeps an eye on this otherwise very smart, very capable man.

I know....That is so sad. If they had actually done a proper investigation, they mave have discovered clothing, heck maybe even a wallet somewhere around the scene. I mean he was by a dumpster. God knows what the person resonsible for his attack did with his things. Imagine if the key to his identity was RIGHT there and no one bothered to look because they thought he was "just" a bum. :furious:

cacnotcam
10-17-2008, 02:31 PM
I say run with this thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to find someone who will sponsor him to get some ID-I mean whose to say when he discovers who he is he may not want to stay Benjaman because that is who he is right now???

Oh yeah...Very true. Either way, the poor man needs to be able to do what he wants i.e. get a job and it is terrible that under the circumstances he has been told no when clearly it IS possible!

dreamweaver
10-17-2008, 02:33 PM
I think his medical reports cost $800.00 and no one had come up with the money. Probably the cost to the hospital for copying all the record.
Still, maybe Dr Phil's show or the congressman can come up with the cash.
His ssn can probably be circumvented by his congressman. Maybe we should email the congressman?
So, there is no extensive LE report/case record?
I guess the EMT"s report would be with the hospital records?
Unless it was a private company, like some cities have?
Or the fire dept.?
Richmond, Ga fire dept. I will go search online.
Found myspace page. Will post it.

SeekingJana
10-17-2008, 02:35 PM
I needed a few hours to process what I saw and heard on TV and separate it from how I feel about this case. The helper in me has always wanted to see him reunited with his family asap. Like yesterday. The realist in me says- whoa, something happened to cause him to have a mental break, and it wasn't even the beating behind Burger King, according to the experts who have interviewed him. ( Interview being the new word for therapy sessions).

The practical part: He said himself that he COULD get A SS# IF he declared himself to be an alien resident. IOW, an immigrant.
I can see why that would not be helpful or desirable to him. The other thing is that he has mentioned physical impairments in the past. If these still exist ( and I believe they do), since there is no work record for him, he would not be able to collect any type of medical disability payments.
I guess we are talking about things like food stamps or something. I don't know a lot about what adults can collect from gov't assistance programs, but it seems to be a dismal way to live, anyway.
My feeling is that he truly wants HIS life back. His chosen profession, his home, loved ones, etc. We all strive for a life with roots and meaning. He thinks he was just an ordinary guy, living an ordinary life.

I noticed that he gave no indication of whether he thought he had been married or had children. He mentioned parents taking him to the fair as a child. He had memories of himself and the world around him as a child and young person, but nothing about his personal life as an adult.. These are classic signs of emotional repression and suppression. If they aren't very careful with the memory recovery program Dr. Phil is putting him into ( very generous of him to offer this), Benjaman may well slip into a fugue state if his memories are not recovered with extreme emotional preparedness.

Another thing that bothers me is this: We have no idea, really, but the experts who have examined Benjaman say that his memory loss is not caused from brain injury or trauma, that his brain is fine, that it is psychological repression or suppression. I was surprised to learn that they do not even think it was the trauma from the beating!!

It bothers me that he may walk right back into whatever caused the mental trauma that blocked his memory flow, and not be prepared for what he finds.
He needs a very good support system in place, like a returning combat veteran needs, IF his former identity can be recovered and he does go back to where he was in life as best as possible.
Like people who search for birth parents and their heritage, this man must be able to accept whatever he finds out about himself, his circumstances and the people he loved before he showed up in Savannah behind a dumpster.

I think he is strong, but I also see a vulnerability in him which is quite endearing, but also may cause hurt if he doesn't have true friends standing with him throughout his journey.

I wish him the absolute best- a happy reunion, a career he can resume, long term help to regain all of his memories and the emotions associated with the memories, and loving arms to surround him so that he's never truly alone again.

Maria

cacnotcam
10-17-2008, 02:37 PM
I think his medical reports cost $800.00 and no one had come up with the money. Probably the cost to the hospital for copying all the record.
Still, maybe Dr Phil's show or the congressman can come up with the cash.
His ssn can probably be circumvented by his congressman. Maybe we should email the congressman?
So, there is no extensive LE report/case record?
I guess the EMT"s report would be with the hospital records?
Unless it was a private company, like some cities have?
Or the fire dept.?
Richmond, Ga fire dept. I will go search online.
Found myspace page. Will post it.

Yeah I say that emailing the congressman couldn't hurt. But hopefully after being on Dr. Phil, someone will maybe offer to cover the $800 fee for him, or maybe even Dr. Phil will. He seems (love him or hate him) to be pretty good to his guests and that includes follow-up care.

cacnotcam
10-17-2008, 02:40 PM
I needed a few hours to process what I saw and heard on TV and separate it from how I feel about this case. The helper in me has always wanted to see him reunited with his family asap. Like yesterday. The realist in me says- whoa, something happened to cause him to have a mental break, and it wasn't even the beating behind Burger King, according to the experts who have interviewed him. ( Interview being the new word for therapy sessions).

The practical part: He said himself that he COULD get A SS# IF he declared himself to be an alien resident. IOW, an immigrant.
I can see why that would not be helpful or desirable to him. The other thing is that he has mentioned physical impairments in the past. If these still exist ( and I believe they do), since there is no work record for him, he would not be able to collect any type of medical disability payments.
I guess we are talking about things like food stamps or something. I don't know a lot about what adults can collect from gov't assistance programs, but it seems to be a dismal way to live, anyway.
My feeling is that he truly wants HIS life back. His chosen profession, his home, loved ones, etc. We all strive for a life with roots and meaning. He thinks he was just an ordinary guy, living an ordinary life.

I noticed that he gave no indication of whether he thought he had been married or had children. He mentioned parents taking him to the fair as a child. He had memories of himself and the world around him as a child and young person, but nothing about his personal life as an adult.. These are classic signs of emotional repression and suppression. If they aren't very careful with the memory recovery program Dr. Phil is putting him into ( very generous of him to offer this), Benjaman may well slip into a fugue state if his memories are not recovered with extreme emotional preparedness.

Another thing that bothers me is this: We have no idea, really, but the experts who have examined Benjaman say that his memory loss is not caused from brain injury or trauma, that his brain is fine, that it is psychological repression or suppression. I was surprised to learn that they do not even think it was the trauma from the beating!!

It bothers me that he may walk right back into whatever caused the mental trauma that blocked his memory flow, and not be prepared for what he finds.
He needs a very good support system in place, like a returning combat veteran needs, IF his former identity can be recovered and he does go back to where he was in life as best as possible.
Like people who search for birth parents and their heritage, this man must be able to accept whatever he finds out about himself, his circumstances and the people he loved before he showed up in Savannah behind a dumpster.

I think he is strong, but I also see a vulnerability in him which is quite endearing, but also may cause hurt if he doesn't have true friends standing with him throughout his journey.

I wish him the absolute best- a happy reunion, a career he can resume, long term help to regain all of his memories and the emotions associated with the memories, and loving arms to surround him so that he's never truly alone again.

Maria

I agree with EVERYTHING that you just said! Very well put and I certainly hope that he does not crumble when he does (and I have faith that he will) discover what really happened.

Julessleuther
10-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Believe, I understand what you are saying, but I worked in corporate travel mgmt for 14 yrs---the company I did travel for would receive bills 1-2 yrs down the road for damage that their employees did to the autos. The car rental companies DO keep records of those things, as well as traffic tickets issued on a car when in a renters possession etc. I know from personal experience, with a biz trip I took 12 yrs ago, and had an accident while in a rental car, that they keep those records for many years. Since this is only four yrs ago, it IS possible that we could get some kind of info. As far as hotels, perhaps they do not want to do a police report, but if we searched hotels in the general area and sent them a letter or something, we could ask if they have ANY unclaimed property etc for the last few years. It might be possible to find something. BK said he thought he was going to the coast, so maybe he was at a hotel closer to the water? Maybe he DID rent a car in Savannah or Atlanta etc. There has to be something! I have been reading here that people even within the Savannah area are only hearing about this now, so perhaps many more people have also not heard of this, so therefore do not know to come forward. Is there any indication that he has been hit by a car or was in an auto accident? Thanks for all the info you are giving us!

MidnightQ
10-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Thank you very much for uploading :)

October 16, 2008
Dr. Phil Show

angelwngs
10-17-2008, 07:45 PM
If he had blinding cataracts, most likely he would not have been driving. Instead, at the time he was found, he was probably legally blind and wouldn't have been able to have passed the eye test on a driver's test.

Having severe cataracts also, pretty much rules out him obtaining any large settlement for prior his injuries or he would most likely have already had the cataract surgery and paid for it himself if he had the money.

Patty G
10-17-2008, 08:11 PM

Somehow either SS or the IRS should be able to do a search based on last reported wages to SS and last taxes filed and try and cross check them to see if something stands out.

Since Benjamin was found late August 2004, he never filed a tax return in 2005. Somewhere within the IRS there are red lights flashing concerning Benjamin.

I noticed he had very nice teeth, and maybe if they sent xrays to the local dentists within Indianapolis, perhaps someone would have records on him.

There has to be slew of mail being returned to the post office. Normally, when no one picks up the mail, the post office would or could sent the police to the house for a welfare check.

I wish Dr. Phil would have asked if Benjamin felt like he was married or felt as if he had children.

I felt so sad watching Benjamin especially when the other woman was telling Benjamin to create memories and how she lost 19 years of her life.

There was no comparison at all between Holly and Benjamin, because Holly has a family, her roots are there and although she lost the first 19 years of her life, Benjamin lost the first 60 years of his life, all his social security benefits and so much more then Holly.

I will look for people in Indianapolis via my myspace page and send them Benjamin's info and see if they are willing to send it off to their friends and their friends and so on.

I put info on Benjamin in my blog so should people within Indianpolis etc., see it, maybe we might get a hit. I also hope that people searching for Dr. Phil Show spots the you-tube of Dr. Phil's Show.

Again, I feel the IRS might be the way to go, but how to get them to do it, will be very difficult.

angelwngs
10-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Somehow either SS or the IRS should be able to do a search based on last reported wages to SS and last taxes filed and try and cross check them to see if something stands out.

Since Benjamin was found late August 2004, he never filed a tax return in 2005. Somewhere within the IRS there are red lights flashing concerning Benjamin.

I noticed he had very nice teeth, and maybe if they sent xrays to the local dentists within Indianapolis, perhaps someone would have records on him.

There has to be slew of mail being returned to the post office. Normally, when no one picks up the mail, the post office would or could sent the police to the house for a welfare check.

I wish Dr. Phil would have asked if Benjamin felt like he was married or felt as if he had children.

I felt so sad watching Benjamin especially when the other woman was telling Benjamin to create memories and how she lost 19 years of her life.

There was no comparison at all between Holly and Benjamin, because Holly has a family, her roots are there and although she lost the first 19 years of her life, Benjamin lost the first 60 years of his life, all his social security benefits and so much more then Holly.

I will look for people in Indianapolis via my myspace page and send them Benjamin's info and see if they are willing to send it off to their friends and their friends and so on.

I put info on Benjamin in my blog so should people within Indianpolis etc., see it, maybe we might get a hit. I also hope that people searching for Dr. Phil Show spots the you-tube of Dr. Phil's Show.

Again, I feel the IRS might be the way to go, but how to get them to do it, will be very difficult.

That is exactly what my husband said to me as we watched the program. Having Holly share the spotlight much less, offer any suggestions to BK was beyond insensitive, IMO.

Has someone created a My Space and a You Tube Video for BK??? If only we could get one small blurb about BK on AMW, NG, Greta, GMA, The Today Show and all the entertainment evening shows.

Afterall, not everybody watches Dr. P.........

snowme
10-17-2008, 08:49 PM
eek, I don't dare ask the cost but I sure hope it didn't total near the $800 figure the hospital wants for his medical records.

...snipped... I would have had less problem with it if it were not for the shocking cost of each reading....

snowme
10-17-2008, 09:22 PM
angelwngs, I think it was said that his cataracts were due to overexposure having been lying in the sun for an extended period of time. I'm not sure where in this forum that info is but I'm sure I read it here somewhere.

If he had blinding cataracts, most likely he would not have been driving. Instead, at the time he was found, he was probably legally blind and wouldn't have been able to have passed the eye test on a driver's test.

Having severe cataracts also, pretty much rules out him obtaining any large settlement for prior his injuries or he would most likely have already had the cataract surgery and paid for it himself if he had the money.

believe09
10-17-2008, 09:26 PM
eek, I don't dare ask the cost but I sure hope it didn't total near the $800 figure the hospital wants for his medical records.

I see where you are going?, :blowkiss:. The readings were done prior to the request for the records...Benjaman has no money of his own because he cannot legally work, so he relies on friends, family and complete strangers for sustenance. He is a pretty upright soul, and this has to burn even though he would not complain.

believe09
10-17-2008, 09:31 PM
angelwngs, I think it was said that his cataracts were due to overexposure having been lying in the sun for an extended period of time. I'm not sure where in this forum that info is but I'm sure I read it here somewhere.

When I first hit the case, we were split 50/50 on whether or not the cataracts were related to lying with his eyes open after the assault. It would be extremely unusual to say the least.

IIRC, cataracts of that type are usually formed over time due to exposure to water and sunlight or perhaps snow reflection and sun light. They can be accelerated by alcohol or drug abuse. The last time BK and I had a discussion regarding this he indicated he had spoken to a physician who said it was possible for them to have formed quickly. Everyone we contacted in the medical field regarding this, and mind you they did not have him in front of him, did not believe it was possible.

My working theory has always been that he could not recognize himself because his field of vision had been closing down for years-so combined with the amnesia it created more confusion...this is just my opinion, mind you and I am not a medical professional.

snowme
10-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Oh, that is an interesting idea. You may have something there!

(:bang:sorry for not going back and checking on the info I was attempting to spout, lol... I knew I had read the sun exposure thing but didn't realize it was not black & white fact.)

snipped

My working theory has always been that he could not recognize himself because his field of vision had been closing down for years-so combined with the amnesia it created more confusion...this is just my opinion, mind you and I am not a medical professional.

Boyz_Mum
10-17-2008, 09:47 PM
In the comments for the show, someone mentioned that they thought BK may be Jewish. Is there any thoughts out here on that perspective? (I ask because some of his features do resemble a Jewish relative I have.) This is not meant to be biased on my part, I am curious as to what others think.

snowme
10-17-2008, 09:54 PM
You know, all things considered, I think it's pretty amazing that he recieved the cataract surgery at all. I hadn't thought about that much before but considering the brush off he was given early on with the police jumping to the conclusion he wasn't worth even a look in the dumpster for his clothing...

And just when I think I have a handle on thinking it all thru (what little "it all" is), I'm left scratching my head again. Pattyg's post above re: ss & the irs, etc... had me thinking a bit... and now I'm left with the screaming in my head "why isn't someone somewhere looking for this man?!" Whether it be the irs or a wife or a brother or a cousin or a boss or an employee or a child... I just have to think that someone somewhere has been looking and paths have been crossed but at the wrong times or something. Of course, they're probably not looking for "Benjaman Kyle". And along with others who've mentioned it here, I'm shocked that people in the area/state in which he was found are not more aware of his story but it does explain why others further from the area/state haven't been aware. And that is frustrating.

Eh, my head-scratching rant is over... I feel myself going in a circle already. :shrug:

fmw63
10-17-2008, 09:55 PM
...Again, I feel the IRS might be the way to go, but how to get them to do it, will be very difficult.

I know someone who works for the IRS. Hopefully, I won't forget to ask her Sunday. :chicken:

believe09
10-17-2008, 10:18 PM
I know someone who works for the IRS. Hopefully, I won't forget to ask her Sunday. :chicken:

:bow::bow::bow:

I hope it is a social engagement, FM!!! :blowkiss:

Gray
10-17-2008, 11:53 PM
When I first hit the case, we were split 50/50 on whether or not the cataracts were related to lying with his eyes open after the assault. It would be extremely unusual to say the least.

IIRC, cataracts of that type are usually formed over time due to exposure to water and sunlight or perhaps snow reflection and sun light. They can be accelerated by alcohol or drug abuse. The last time BK and I had a discussion regarding this he indicated he had spoken to a physician who said it was possible for them to have formed quickly. Everyone we contacted in the medical field regarding this, and mind you they did not have him in front of him, did not believe it was possible.

Wow, that definitely seems to make sense to me in a logical common-sense sort of way... if he had the cataracts for awhile of course he wouldn't realize how much he had aged. Because he was legally blind!

Great thought.

Maybe we do need to be looking for people who are listed with a disability.

SeekingJana
10-18-2008, 12:36 AM
A person his age would not develop bilateral cataracts and not have them operated on. No one lives with cataracts in this day and time!! My DOG just had surgery for them and he's 11 years old!! My father, and he's in his 80's. Let's get real about a 55 year old man walking around blind. It just doesn't happen when there is a quick and safe surgical cure. If he had a job, he could have financed the operation if he didn't have the money or insurance. If he was unemployed, the gov't would have paid for it through their insurance plan for poor people. Medicare, Medicaid, I'm not sure of the name.

It is my honest and very strong opinion that the damage to Ben's corneas was a direct result of exposure to the elements. He could have been unconscious BEFORE he ended up behind the dumpster, beaten.
IOW, he could have had more than one incident of incapacitation within a short period of time. We just don't know. Apparently, neither does the Ophthalmologist who removed the cataracts. HE or SHE would be the definitive source to answer the question because HE or SHE is the one who actually saw the cataracts.

Cataracts definitely can be caused by sun, wind and sand damage to the corneas when the blink reflex is diminished or absent. The only time we can't blink is when we are unconscious or when our eyelids are forcibly prevented from blinking.

I am wondering if maybe Ben was held captive for a while and tortured and beaten, then dumped at the Burger King. The torture, if professional and sadistic enough, definitely could have been something along the lines of taping his mouth closed and his eyes open.

Tracie5
10-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Posted on the theories thread also -

Cataract development is usually a very gradual process of normal aging but can occasionally occur rapidly.
Rarely, cataracts can present at birth or in early childhood as a result of hereditary enzyme defects, and severe trauma to the eye, eye surgery, or intraocular inflammation can also cause cataracts to occur earlier in life. Other factors that may lead to development of cataracts at an earlier age include excessive ultraviolet-light exposure, diabetes, smoking, or the use of certain medications, such as oral, topical, or inhaled steroids. Other medications that are more weakly associated with cataracts include the long-term use of statins and phenothiazines.
There is an even more specific change that occasionally happens, when the opacity develops immediately next to the lens capsule, either by the anterior, or more commonly the posterior, portion of the capsule; these are called subcapsular cataracts. Unlike most cataracts, posterior subcapsular cataracts can develop rather quickly and affect vision more suddenly than either nuclear or cortical cataracts.
The closer people live to the equator the greater the chance for cataracts. As suggested by a study in Southern France, sunlight exposure in these climates also increases the risk for severe cortical or mixed cataracts. In this study, even wearing sunglasses did not reduce the risk for these cataracts, although it did for posterior subcapsular cataracts.
People whose jobs expose them to sunlight for prolonged periods are at higher risk. People in Southern climates whose occupations, such as fishing or oyster farming, exposed them to very intense sunlight were at high risk for all cataracts, including posterior subcapsular cataracts. (People in more Northern climates with similar occupations may not have as high a risk.)
Occupational exposure to very intense artificial light, such as arc welding, increases the risk for cataracts.
Long-term environmental lead exposure may increase the risk of developing cataracts
Smoking
Heavy alcohol usage
Other conditions that can trigger the process leading to cataracts include:
Physical injury to the eye (such as a hard blow, cut, or puncture)
Chemical burns
Electrical shock injuries
Chronic exposure to intense heat or cold
Exposure to cosmic radiation (airline pilots, astronauts)

Boyz_Mum
10-18-2008, 01:22 AM
Not that it's important, but I have read that cataracts can also be from exposure to the "tanner" rays. Which is addressed in the "artificial light" category that Tracie 5 posted. Also, Tracie posted that electrical shock injuries could cause cataracts to form.

Do you all think that being an electrician could explain the cataracts?

cacnotcam
10-18-2008, 03:30 AM
Well, I think that it can happen to anyone! My grandpa was from MI his whole life......never smoked....never worked in the sun but he still hat cataracts bad enough that he had to have surgery.

Voice4theSilent
10-18-2008, 03:40 AM
Not that it's important, but I have read that cataracts can also be from exposure to the "tanner" rays. Which is addressed in the "artificial light" category that Tracie 5 posted. Also, Tracie posted that electrical shock injuries could cause cataracts to form.

Do you all think that being an electrician could explain the cataracts?

Possibly but I tend to agree with the individual who said that if this man had a job (as people suspect) he would have received surgery to fix his increasing problem before it left him blind. If he was traveling to see the ocean surely he would spend the money on fixing his eyesight so he could see the ocean when he got there.

I would think that there would be some answers in the reports (police, medical, emergency responders, eye surgery, etc.) that might shed some light on the situation. It is difficult to try and get answers when so little of what is known has actually been released.

Voice4theSilent
10-18-2008, 03:41 AM
Well, I think that it can happen to anyone! My grandpa was from MI his whole life......never smoked....never worked in the sun but he still hat cataracts bad enough that he had to have surgery.

Do you know if it is normal for a 50-60 year old to develop them? And also how long it takes them to get to the point of them being blinding if not removed?

Patty G
10-18-2008, 08:39 AM

I'm wondering if he was on "predisone" for any length of time as this may have caused his cataracts too!

believe09
10-18-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm wondering if he was on "predisone" for any length of time as this may have caused his cataracts too!

BA-BOOM-great theory!!!!!!! He seemed to me by the descriptions of his weight (no disrespect, Mr. Kyle) at the time of his injury to be a bit bloated...you are an out of the box thinker.

Hey folks-if you get a chance to get onto the Message Boards over at the Dr. Phil show, there is a TON of stuff being posted there, from proposed ID's to suggestions. Most of the proposed matches have been looked at I think, but not all and it would be awesome to assist in vetting what is being posted...I did contact the FBI to see if they wanted help sifting through it and I will let you guys know what I hear back from them.

Patty G
10-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Do you know if it is normal for a 50-60 year old to develop them? And also how long it takes them to get to the point of them being blinding if not removed?

My brother at the age of 55 had to have cataract surgery do to la ong period of time on Predisone. My brother was on Predisone for well over 15 years.

believe09
10-18-2008, 11:42 AM
My brother at the age of 55 had to have cataract surgery do to la ong period of time on Predisone. My brother was on Predisone for well over 15 years.

Just spoke with NB-in her opinion long term prednisone use would have shown through blood sugar issues, and BK has none of that.

BeavisMom62
10-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Just going to pop in here. Will go back and read all the posts but something just occurred to me that I can't believe I hadn't thought of before and I haven't seen mentioned. He said he wanted to see the "coast" or the "beach". I used to live in Savannah and if IRC, the closest beach was Tybee Island. Which is quite a little ways from Richmond Hill but FROM Richmond Hill, Tybee Island would be where you would go to the beach. I was in a horrific car accident on Tybee Island when I was in the army. Hit head on at 60 MPH by a drunk woman with children in her car. I was hospitalized for six weeks with broken bones, etc. Anyway, maybe someone with map skills can post a map showing Richmond Hill to Tybee Island. And has anyone been questioned at Tybee Island to see if he was ever there? (RIP Tybee)
http://www.mapquest.com/mq/8-GDHEI_Ohzm7ekmA3VEGB

Not sure how valuable this is, but its more information.

BeavisMom62
10-18-2008, 12:26 PM

That is an incredible amount of money for medical records. Copying medical records is part of my job as a neurologic assistant. and while I realize that the charges are different from state to state, here in FL we charge $1.00 per page for the first 25 pages, then .25 per page thereafter. Using FL formula, that means he would have had 3125 pages of medical records! (If my math is correct). How long was he in the hospital?

believe09
10-18-2008, 12:56 PM
That is an incredible amount of money for medical records. Copying medical records is part of my job as a neurologic assistant. and while I realize that the charges are different from state to state, here in FL we charge $1.00 per page for the first 25 pages, then .25 per page thereafter. Using FL formula, that means he would have had 3125 pages of medical records! (If my math is correct). How long was he in the hospital?

I was just told recently that a donor took care of the fee...hmmmm...

BeavisMom62
10-18-2008, 12:57 PM

Yippee! That is good news! :clap:

Patty G
10-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Just spoke with NB-in her opinion long term prednisone use would have shown through blood sugar issues, and BK has none of that.

Risks of Prednisone
While it is unclear if doses of prednisone of 3 mg or less have clinically significant toxicity, doses of even 5 mg per day carry the increased risk of:

osteoporosis
cataracts
affecting lipids

http://arthritis.about.com/od/prednisone/f/risks_benefits.htm
http://www.webmd.com/drugs/mono-9383-PREDNISONE+-+ORAL.aspx?drugid=6007&drugname=Prednisone+Oral&pagenumber=6

SeekingJana
10-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Posted on the theories thread also -

Cataract development is usually a very gradual process of normal aging but can occasionally occur rapidly.
Rarely, cataracts can present at birth or in early childhood as a result of hereditary enzyme defects, and severe trauma to the eye, eye surgery, or intraocular inflammation can also cause cataracts to occur earlier in life. Other factors that may lead to development of cataracts at an earlier age include excessive ultraviolet-light exposure, diabetes, smoking, or the use of certain medications, such as oral, topical, or inhaled steroids. Other medications that are more weakly associated with cataracts include the long-term use of statins and phenothiazines.
There is an even more specific change that occasionally happens, when the opacity develops immediately next to the lens capsule, either by the anterior, or more commonly the posterior, portion of the capsule; these are called subcapsular cataracts. Unlike most cataracts, posterior subcapsular cataracts can develop rather quickly and affect vision more suddenly than either nuclear or cortical cataracts.
• The closer people live to the equator the greater the chance for cataracts. As suggested by a study in Southern France, sunlight exposure in these climates also increases the risk for severe cortical or mixed cataracts. In this study, even wearing sunglasses did not reduce the risk for these cataracts, although it did for posterior subcapsular cataracts.
• People whose jobs expose them to sunlight for prolonged periods are at higher risk. People in Southern climates whose occupations, such as fishing or oyster farming, exposed them to very intense sunlight were at high risk for all cataracts, including posterior subcapsular cataracts. (People in more Northern climates with similar occupations may not have as high a risk.)
• Occupational exposure to very intense artificial light, such as arc welding, increases the risk for cataracts.
Long-term environmental lead exposure may increase the risk of developing cataracts
Smoking
Heavy alcohol usage
Other conditions that can trigger the process leading to cataracts include:
• Physical injury to the eye (such as a hard blow, cut, or puncture)
• Chemical burns
• Electrical shock injuries
• Chronic exposure to intense heat or cold
Exposure to cosmic radiation (airline pilots, astronauts)

Thank you for posting the informative article for people who might not understand traumatic cataract formation.
I am familiar with the cause of traumatic and drug- induced cataracts vs. the very common type of " senior age" onset cataracts. That's why I had such a strong opposition to the idea that Benjaman, who was around 55 years old when found with the fully mature cataracts bilaterally, developed them over time and went blind without medical intervention.
I do not believe that this man had a gradual cataract formation leading all the way to blindness. He would have gotten treatment way before he was blinded. Vision is very blurred with impaired night vision especially in the early stages of cataract formation.

Imagine trying to see the world through saran wrap coated with Vaseline. That's how cataracts cause vision to be distorted long before blindness is present.

This strongly suggests that the injury to his eyes was acute, due to acute intraocular injury and inflammaton. We know he had proper medical attention to other injuries when he was in a position to do so, e.g., his spinal injury and his arm fracture, both of which have internal hardware present.

IF he had taken corticosteroids in a dosage high enough and long enough to cause cataracts, a bone density scan would also show changes to his bones indicating either osteopenia or osteoporosis. His serum cortisol level would also be abnormal, and never returning to baseline after long term use of cortisone- type products, such as are given for asthma and some chronic skin conditions.

believe09
10-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Yes, I am quite familiar with the cause of traumatic and drug- induced cataracts vs. the very common type of " senior age" onset cataracts.

We are not talking about a senior adult, nor do I believe in any way that this man had a gradual cataract formation leading all the way to blindness. He would have gotten treatment way before he was blinded.
This strongly suggests that the injury to his eyes was acute, due to acute intraocular injury and inflammaton.

IF he had taken corticosteroids in a dosage high enough and long enough to cause cataracts, a bone density scan would also show changes to his bones indicating either osteopenia or osteoporosis. His serum cortisol level would also be abnormal, and never returning to baseline after long term use of cortisone- type products, such as are given for asthma and some chronic skin conditions.

I have heard second hand that his MRI revealed no evidence of brain damage-so we have an incredibly healthy man clearly beaten, covered with ant-bites who did not suffer enough head trauma that it physically induced his amnesia. His eyes were open for the period of time he was unnoticed lying beside the dumpster, or at least for a period of time. He had blinding cataracts that were not accelerated by alcohol or drug addiction...we are talking about laying less than 24 hours with his eyes open, and not all of that time was laying directly in the sun. I do not recall hearing he had a profound sunburn.

Maybe he wanted to see the ocean because he was gradually going blind...

just throwing it out there.

SeekingJana
10-18-2008, 01:14 PM

Believe, as I understand it, a donor paid for the eye surgery. Are you referring to this or to the actual medical record? Was it related to the Dr. Phil show preparation, which seems reasonable IMO?
Does this mean that Benjaman and those helping him in GA now have his medical record?

Thank you!!
Maria

believe09
10-18-2008, 01:16 PM
And, second thought lol, he had an injury that caused him to be unconscious for a long period of time, but didn't leave a lingering mark on his brain. Now I am starting to wonder if he was slipped a mickey somewhere and rolled.....

believe09
10-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Believe, as I understand it, a donor paid for the eye surgery. Are you referring to this or to the actual medical record? Was it related to the Dr. Phil show preparation, which seems reasonable IMO?
Does this mean that Benjaman and those helping him in GA now have his medical record?

Thank you!!
Maria

The statement was made to me and qualified because of confidentiality agreements. :rolleyes:

And at this moment there are limited medical records available with those who care for him in GA. Not complete. There was never a complete set copied in the opinion of the person I spoke to, and the donor I believe still has whatever was copied by the hospital.

MissOtk
10-18-2008, 01:26 PM
BA-BOOM-great theory!!!!!!! He seemed to me by the descriptions of his weight (no disrespect, Mr. Kyle) at the time of his injury to be a bit bloated...you are an out of the box thinker.

Hey folks-if you get a chance to get onto the Message Boards over at the Dr. Phil show, there is a TON of stuff being posted there, from proposed ID's to suggestions. Most of the proposed matches have been looked at I think, but not all and it would be awesome to assist in vetting what is being posted...I did contact the FBI to see if they wanted help sifting through it and I will let you guys know what I hear back from them.

Most of the posts there are ridiculous: posts from people who incredulously mentioned Benjaman having mannerisms similar to a well known serial killer, as well as the Bush family. And many people are saying he looks like "so and so" when there is no resemblance at all.

Nice posts from a few WS'ers there though.

There was one post that caught my eye (page 12) where a member wrote:"I know my friend is his brother! No one from the show has called me and I have left numerous messages!"

That's it. No details. Nothing. Things like that upset me because I fear BK will read that and get his hopes up.

SeekingJana
10-18-2008, 01:30 PM
I have heard second hand that his MRI revealed no evidence of brain damage-so we have an incredibly healthy man clearly beaten, covered with ant-bites who did not suffer enough head trauma that it physically induced his amnesia. His eyes were open for the period of time he was unnoticed lying beside the dumpster, or at least for a period of time. He had blinding cataracts that were not accelerated by alcohol or drug addiction...we are talking about laying less than 24 hours with his eyes open, and not all of that time was laying directly in the sun. I do not recall hearing he had a profound sunburn.

HI, Believe,
I respect you greatly, and agree that there is no functional brain damage. This was stated in very clear terms on the Dr. Phil show by a physician.
I can tell you that NO ONE lives with cataracts which blur vision incredibly and can even be very uncomfortable in the intermediate stages or prepares themselves for a life of blindness in the USA.
We are not talking LASIK surgery, we are talking necessary surgery to prevent a person from being disabled due to blindness.

IF he had access to any type of medical care, this would have been addressed and surgery would have been paid for, either by the government if he lacked the money, or by his insurance plan if he was working.
It is outpatient surgery, the person is driven home the same day. There are Rx eye drops to be used for the first few days and intraocular eye pressure is monitored by the surgeon to make certain that acute glaucoma is not developing, which can happen after eye surgery of this type.

In about a week and a half to two weeks, depending upon the person's rate of recovery and perceived recovery, there would be virtually no indication to the world that this person had just had cataract surgery. It is safe, easy, reliable.

Also, intraocular lens implants are inserted during surgery most of the time. These are like contact lens, but are way down inside the eye. They correct the loss of normal process of accomodation that the cataract surgery removes when the diseased eye lens is removed.

Before the advent of the intraocular lens implant, the person who had cataracts had to wear very thick glasses, often with a very dark tint to the lens. This is a thing of the past.

Cataract surgery was revolutionized in the late 1970's- 1980's with the advent of the YAG laser and the permanent intraocular lens implants. I remember when it all changed very well. :) People were able to throw away their coke bottle sunglasses. Those who had older types of surgery could usually have the IO permanent lens implants, at least.

SeekingJana
10-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Most of the posts there are ridiculous: posts from people who incredulously mentioned Benjaman having mannerisms similar to a well known serial killer, as well as the Bush family. And many people are saying he looks like "so and so" when there is no resemblance at all.

There was one post that caught my eye (page 12) where a member wrote:"I know my friend is his brother! No one from the show has called me and I have left numerous messages!"

That's it. No details. Nothing. Things like that upset me because I fear BK will read that and get his hopes up.

I had a feeling it would be ridiculous. I remember trying to post once on a true crime case at AMW. Total jerks in the posting area there too!!

I really hope that Benjaman does not read the comments left from idiots on the Dr. Phil board.

SeekingJana
10-18-2008, 01:38 PM
The statement was made to me and qualified because of confidentiality agreements. :rolleyes:

And at this moment there are limited medical records available with those who care for him in GA. Not complete. There was never a complete set copied in the opinion of the person I spoke to, and the donor I believe still has whatever was copied by the hospital.

Hi, Believe,

Just to be clear. You are stating that someone paid for a copy of part of Benjaman's hospital record, and kept it.
You also stated that some people in GA who " care for him" have parts of the record. By care for him, do you mean emotionally care for him as in like him, or do you mean that he still requires some sort of assistance?
I am not understanding your posts too well today. My apologies.

Thanks,
Maria

Patty G
10-18-2008, 01:42 PM

Were the ant bites from fire ants?

The symptoms of an allergic reaction from a fire ant bite are similar to stings from other insects. These include general flushing of skin, hives all over the body, swelling of the face, eyes, tongue, lips, and throat, slurred speech, chest pains, headache, sweating and nausea, faintness, and wheezing or difficulty breathing (anaphylaxis). These systems usually occur immediately or within an hour of the stinging. In rare cases, serious reactions to fire ant bites may occur several hours after the attack.

I was bitten 11 times in 2004 and didn't know I was allergic and close to death. I was treated at the hospital and released but I have to say - I was so confused for months and months after the attack.

http://www.healthy-skincare.com/fire-ant-bite.html

Julessleuther
10-18-2008, 03:04 PM
I have lupus and have been on pregnisone on and off (mostly off the past 10 yrs, as the stuff is brutal), and I do recall being advised of cataracts as a side effect. As far as the blood sugar, Believe, ask your friend, but I thought the blood sugar issue is only evident WHEN you are taking preg, and for a certain period of time after, but that it eventually stablilizes. I do not have blood sugar problems, and have been off preg for 10 yrs, but I also do not have cataracts... IF he had been taking pregnisone, why? Does BK have any skin problems? Any heart or liver problems?

Risks of Prednisone
While it is unclear if doses of prednisone of 3 mg or less have clinically significant toxicity, doses of even 5 mg per day carry the increased risk of:

osteoporosis
cataracts
affecting lipids

http://arthritis.about.com/od/prednisone/f/risks_benefits.htm
http://www.webmd.com/drugs/mono-9383-PREDNISONE+-+ORAL.aspx?drugid=6007&drugname=Prednisone+Oral&pagenumber=6

Boyz_Mum
10-18-2008, 03:16 PM
I have a question that might be a little dumb- I just don't know how things work in this situation. Since BK appeared on the Dr. Phil Show, does that mean that Dr. Phil "owns" the right to his story (if that's the correct terminology)?

I am glad the show was done and I do hope it leads to resolution for BK, I was just unsure about contractual obligation or anything like that.:confused:

SeekingJana
10-18-2008, 03:30 PM
I have a question that might be a little dumb- I just don't know how things work in this situation. Since BK appeared on the Dr. Phil Show, does that mean that Dr. Phil "owns" the right to his story (if that's the correct terminology)?

I am glad the show was done and I do hope it leads to resolution for BK, I was just unsure about contractual obligation or anything like that.:confused:

No, Dr. Phil doesn't own the rights to Ben's story. It is Ben's LIFE.
You can't own a life.
Dr. Phil owns the rights to HIS show in the format that it aired, that's all.

Boyz_Mum
10-18-2008, 03:39 PM
No, Dr. Phil doesn't own the rights to Ben's story. It is Ben's LIFE.
You can't own a life.
Dr. Phil owns the rights to HIS show in the format that it aired, that's all.

Thanks, I didn't know if BK was bound to any contract as far as whom he could speak to or interview with, etc... So does this mean that BK can give as many interviews as he'd like? (Other stations/shows?)

Thanks again SeekingJana for taking time to answer.

donnagirl1964
10-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Perhaphs someone in the legal profession would be willing to check their states court records, which they have online access to. They could then search by subject matter for any documents in court that ruled someone as deceased without a body. This is what family generally does in order to settle their estate, even if they didn't own anything they would want to settle any debts, etc.

If they researched the last four years by subjet surely there would not be an extreme amount of those type cases.

Also, Dr. Phil may have found relatives and then asked to tape an update show but in the mean time BK is taking his time to find out about his previous life before it becomes public. Dr. Phil could have asked for him to remain silent on the matter until the show airs. He wouldn't have to honor it unless it was preset before he aired the first show. But he may have agreed so Dr. Phill would help with reuniting expenses such as airfare, etc.

There may be sensitive issues that need dealing with before media starts to get involved. Lots of maybes, I just hope he finds his life and is not disappointed in what he finds.

SeekingJana
10-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks, I didn't know if BK was bound to any contract as far as whom he could speak to or interview with, etc... So does this mean that BK can give as many interviews as he'd like? (Other stations/shows?)

Thanks again SeekingJana for taking time to answer.

Legally, Dr. Phil can't have exclusive rights to anything about Ben other than what aired on his own show.

Yes, this also extends to what Ben can do and say on his own. Legally, Ben is free to choose to talk to anyone about anything which does NOT relate to the Dr. Phil show taping itself or his interactions with Dr. Phil and his staff.
Whether or not he wants to talk to the public is something I cannot address, of course. :)

I wish all the best for him always!!
I hope this helps. :)
Maria

donnagirl1964
10-18-2008, 05:12 PM
A lot of people are following this story and seem anxious for answers, can you imagaine being that anxious for four years?

Boyz_Mum
10-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Legally, Dr. Phil can't have exclusive rights to anything about Ben other than what aired on his own show.

Yes, this also extends to what Ben can do and say on his own. Legally, Ben is free to choose to talk to anyone about anything which does NOT relate to the Dr. Phil show taping itself or his interactions with Dr. Phil and his staff.
Whether or not he wants to talk to the public is something I cannot address, of course. :)

I wish all the best for him always!!
I hope this helps. :)
Maria

Very helpful explanation! Thanks!:) I am glad that if Ben wants to talk, he can or if he chooses, he can be as quiet as he pleases.

I pray for a good outcome for Ben.

Voice4theSilent
10-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Do we know, when he was found behind the dumpster, if his hair was short or long? If he was clean or dirty? If he was abnormally thin or a bit over weight? If he had an overgrown beard and/or mustache? If a clean cut business man in town on a business trip is beaten and left next to a dumpster I believe the first responders would not have mistaken him for a homeless man (regardless of him being naked, covered in fire ant bites, etc.) If he had many stereotypical characteristics of a man living on the streets (long unkept hair, long beard, unclean, etc.) than I tend to believe they would. Unfortunately there are some very, very intelligent people who end up homeless due to severe psychological problems. Amnesia caused by a "traumatic event" might qualify. He might have been a homeless man for years (?)

SeekingJana
10-18-2008, 06:11 PM
^^ I don't know anything about his overall general state of health when he was found beaten, but the Dr. Phil show aired MANY pre-show photos of Ben with a short beard.

I was glad to see that he did not have the beard on the show, because his facial features needed to be seen clearly. :)

Patty G
10-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Hereditary, congenital

There is some evidence that genetics play a role in the development of cataracts, probably as a result of a metabolic variance. Occasionally, there is an error in the development of the lens pre-natally which results in a congenital cataract---one which you are born with. Sometimes these are severely debilitating and can cause permanent blindness if not operated upon and repaired shortly after birth. There are also examples of congenital cataracts that are quite minor and require no treatment.

http://www.eyecarecontacts.com/cataracts.html

believe09
10-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Someone paid for the record and has it; people who advocate for BK have parts of his records. Better and clearer?

Hi, Believe,

Just to be clear. You are stating that someone paid for a copy of part of Benjaman's hospital record, and kept it.
You also stated that some people in GA who " care for him" have parts of the record. By care for him, do you mean emotionally care for him as in like him, or do you mean that he still requires some sort of assistance?
I am not understanding your posts too well today. My apologies.

Thanks,
Maria

I can see you have experience in this area-are you saying that a blow to the head caused his cataracts to form in 24 hours? If not that, are you saying that laying with eyes open in the sun for less than 24 hours caused blinding cataracts to form? Because we have established that these cataracts were not due to illicit drug consumption or years of alcohol abuse. So just to make sure I am clear-blinding cataracts can form in less than a 24 hour period without needing some accelerating factor like drugs (illicit or otherwise like prednisone). His retina was not burned, which in my ignorance I assumed would be the first thing to go if he were laying in the sun with his eyes open for a period of time.

You seem to be saying that the cataracts could not have formed slowly narrowing his field of vision because no one would tolerate that.

HI, Believe,
I respect you greatly, and agree that there is no functional brain damage. This was stated in very clear terms on the Dr. Phil show by a physician.
I can tell you that NO ONE lives with cataracts which blur vision incredibly and can even be very uncomfortable in the intermediate stages or prepares themselves for a life of blindness in the USA.
We are not talking LASIK surgery, we are talking necessary surgery to prevent a person from being disabled due to blindness.

IF he had access to any type of medical care, this would have been addressed and surgery would have been paid for, either by the government if he lacked the money, or by his insurance plan if he was working.
It is outpatient surgery, the person is driven home the same day. There are Rx eye drops to be used for the first few days and intraocular eye pressure is monitored by the surgeon to make certain that acute glaucoma is not developing, which can happen after eye surgery of this type.

No skin no heart no liver issues, JS...

I have lupus and have been on pregnisone on and off (mostly off the past 10 yrs, as the stuff is brutal), and I do recall being advised of cataracts as a side effect. As far as the blood sugar, Believe, ask your friend, but I thought the blood sugar issue is only evident WHEN you are taking preg, and for a certain period of time after, but that it eventually stablilizes. I do not have blood sugar problems, and have been off preg for 10 yrs, but I also do not have cataracts... IF he had been taking pregnisone, why? Does BK have any skin problems? Any heart or liver problems?

The confidentiality agreements and contracts associated with the appearance bind him in specific ways. It can be that he cannot be interviewed for a certain period of time, it may be that he cannot comment on the behind the scenes experience of being a guest or being the subject of a show. It may mean he cannot cooperate with anyone other than LE and the PI assigned to him while tips are being vetted. It may mean that Dr. Phil gets access to the tips first. Clearly I wouldn't know specifically because then I would have reviewed the contracts and that would be...well you get the message.

If I missed anyone I am sorry-PM me or give it another shot. I am actually enjoying the posts on the Dr. Phil message board immensely because I think that some of the fresh ideas being stated such as narrowing down the cheese sandwich BK remembers from the state fair have great value.

Earthbound Misfit I
10-18-2008, 08:52 PM
I haven't been over to Dr. Phil's site to read the board there but I'm "assuming" that the grilled cheese sandwich that Benjaman recalls eating at the fair probably came from a vendor there by the name of "The Dairy Bar" They serve/served grilled cheese sandwiches and milkshakes, milk and other dairy products there.

If I missed anyone I am sorry-PM me or give it another shot. I am actually enjoying the posts on the Dr. Phil message board immensely because I think that some of the fresh ideas being stated such as narrowing down the cheese sandwich BK remembers from the state fair have great value.

SieSie
10-18-2008, 08:54 PM
October 16, 2008
Dr. Phil Show

Patty - you rock!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you soooo much for all of your hard work!! :blowkiss:

You guys searching the indexes (birth, death, ss...) - great job, I don't know how you do it, but I think it's awesome that you're all here trying to help!! :blowkiss:

believe09
10-18-2008, 09:05 PM
I haven't been over to Dr. Phil's site to read the board there but I'm "assuming" that the grilled cheese sandwich that Benjaman recalls eating at the fair probably came from a vendor there by the name of "The Dairy Bar" They serve/served grilled cheese sandwiches and milkshakes, milk and other dairy products there.

WAS THAT YOU????? Loved it and yes.

donnagirl1964
10-18-2008, 09:11 PM
If BK was heading to see the ocean perhaps he was traveling in a camping type situation (campgrounds/truck stops) where he would have had to use a public bath facility. If someone wanted to steal his identity and/or any type of camper he had they would have wanted him to be away from the camping area long enough for them to unhook and hook everything back up correctly, hence leaving him at BK. If that was the case, say he had a travel trailer, he would have only taken his bath items to the bath house and left his wallet, etc inside. A friend of mine has a smaller camper that he keeps in a local campground during the week so he can be closer to work. He has running water but no shower, so he uses the bath house at the campground.

Or maybe he was on a motorcycle and the same situation happened. They rolled him and took the bike. If he had on proper riding equipment for long distance rides the articles of clothing could have been very valuable. I wonder if there were any motorcycle events in or around that area at the time.

One thing about his name, once my brother (Jimmy) and his friend (Barry) were riding their bikes when the friend was going to ride underneath a metal sign but didn't duck his head low enough and ended up hitting his head and being knocked out. When he came around he kept telling the hospital his name was Jimmy. He thought Jimmy had been the one in the accident, not him. Because they were together at the time of the accident he associated himself to Jimmy.

Earthbound Misfit I
10-18-2008, 09:24 PM
NOOOOOOOO..wasn't me on Dr. Phil's site. After I had watched Benjaman on Dr. Phil the other day, I started researching the Indiana State Fair and found out about the Dairy Bar. I was going to post the information here but hadn't gotten around to it.

This is what I had found on the "Dairy Bar"

How to Eat Great Food at the Indiana State Fair

Instructions

Step #1
Start your culinary tour of the Indiana State Fair at the main admission gate facing 38th Street. Pick up a free program, which includes a map, and then head for the Dairy Bar often mistakenly called the Dairy Barn. (Walk straight ahead to the T intersection and turn right.) The Dairy Bar, which is operated by Hoosier dairy farmers, is a long-standing tradition. It offers grilled-cheese sandwiches on your choice of bread, milkshakes and other dairy-inspired treats.

Source: http://www.ehow.com/how_2177588_great-food-indiana-state-fair.html

I wonder if Benjaman has made himself a grilled cheese sandwich and got himself a carton of milk? I'm wondering if actually doing it would invoke some sort of memory that may bring out more than is there on the surface?

WAS THAT YOU????? Loved it and yes.

SeriouslySearching
10-18-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't understand why the donor would have his records at all. Why wouldn't they immediately have been turned over to BK in their entirety so he can get answers from them? This doesn't make sense and bothers me that someone could have the records for the wrong reasons.

SeekingJana
10-18-2008, 10:52 PM
^^ SS, ITA with you. Unless we are missing a part of the story, meaning that MAYBE he does have a copy of what the donor has.

Maria

SeriouslySearching
10-18-2008, 10:55 PM
I think many answers can be found in those records. At least, I hope so.

Patty G
10-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Has anyone noticed there is a Benjamin, Texas? This is the one state Benjamin said no to when the Lindquist was trying to pinpoint his accent.

SeekingJana
10-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Quote from Believe09's post to me:
"I can see you have experience in this area-are you saying that a blow to the head caused his cataracts to form in 24 hours? If not that, are you saying that laying with eyes open in the sun for less than 24 hours caused blinding cataracts to form? Because we have established that these cataracts were not due to illicit drug consumption or years of alcohol abuse. So just to make sure I am clear-blinding cataracts can form in less than a 24 hour period without needing some accelerating factor like drugs (illicit or otherwise like prednisone). His retina was not burned, which in my ignorance I assumed would be the first thing to go if he were laying in the sun with his eyes open for a period of time.

You seem to be saying that the cataracts could not have formed slowly narrowing his field of vision because no one would tolerate that."

Believe,
I respect you. I am not here to argue with you.
The lack of vision is very distressing, whether immediate or over a period of time. It doesn't matter. When people can't see, life is a threat, not a joy.
I had no intention of relating this, but since you keep pushing the theory that Ben would indeed walk around with " developing cataracts", unable to recognize himself in the mirror, etc, let me tell you how it feels to not be able to see for periods of time per day, every day, for all of one's life.

I am legally blind without corrective devices. My eyesight has been so poor for all of my life that I dare not risk LASIK surgery. I could end up sightless permanently. I know why, but it is complicated and gives no merit to Ben's story because I do not have cataracts. My perfect eyes were permanently damaged as a newborn in a hospital. I have been told how lucky I am to have ANY sight.
I cannot see the big E on the eye chart.
I know what almost blind is like and it is HORRIBLE.

Trust me when I say these things to you from the bottom of my heart, from years of experience.
Every day, I know what it is like to wake up and have NO IDEA what time it is because I cannot read the numbers on the clock. On any clock.
I know what it is like to run into furniture, to trip over objects, to try to find a ringing telephone, to have the doorbell ring and wonder who is on the other side of the door because I cannot see through the windows.
I know what it is like to go on vacation and wake up in terror, because the steps and route to the bathroom where my contact lens are is a different route from usual.

I have related my experiences. I also know that people who have very limited voluntary movement in nursing homes, long term nursing home residents have cataracts removed on a regular basis and have normal vision restored with a minimum of discomfort or recovery time.
I would think this speaks to the fact that we as a society and medical personnel in particular recognize the basic right to have a life with sight.
No ethical doctor in his or her right mind would have refused Benjaman help.

As to HOW the cataracts formed, I don't really understand why you are focused so intently on this.
NO, a blow to the head does not cause cataracts, nor did I ever imply such.
I said that it is entirely possible that he did NOT have normal eyesight because of another assault shortly before the one we know about, the assault behind the dumpster.
We have NO WAY to know what happened to Benjaman before this final beating and torture. He could have been held against his will for some time for reasons we do not know. We do not know who beat him, if it was one beating or a series of beatings, or why he was a target in the first place. ( if there can ever be a " why".).

My point is that he could have been sprayed with pepper spray or mace repeatedly. He could have had a chemical burn to his eyes which went untreated because he was being beaten and held against his will, then the state of being unconscious caused his eyes not to close, with damage to the lens. I am sure that if I had access to the medical records of his eye exam, we would see that he had other eye injuries which were treated such as corneal ulcerations, blepharitis or any number of things.
I think it is short-sighted of us to concentrate on only what the police have been able to tell us- that he was FOUND behind a dumpster, beaten. He was somewhere else before he was behind the dumpster, and we have NO WAY to know where that was or what the conditions were.

We know nothing about his days and nights before that last day when he was found. He could have been somewhere else, in harm's way physically, against his will. There are a lot of sadistic people out there.

Until we KNOW what happened to Benjaman from start to finish, if it is our place to know, then I suggest we concentrate on where he is now, and the fact that his eyesight has been restored through surgery, not using untried theories like the one that he walked around so severely impaired that he could not recognize his own face in a mirror for an extended period of time of his own volition. In so doing, we are assuming quite a lot, not the least of which is that he was a person who did not value his eyesight. I believe the premise is demeaning to this man and I do not agree with it at all. The main reason I do not agree that he tried to navigate the world in a haze of blindness is because it is against human nature to do so, self-preservation being the strongest instinct we have.
I also believe Benjaman is intelligent and would have sought emergency help for his eyes, if that was all that was wrong physically, had he been in ANY condition to do so himself.

Sincerely,
Maria

believe09
10-19-2008, 09:27 AM
My bold-I am not arguing with you SJ any more than you are arguing with me-I have stated my opinion, you are countering with information you have...some of which I don't understand nothing more. :blowkiss:

IIRC you were stating why his cataracts were not, in your opinion, forming over a period of time. I was questioning whether his cataracts could possibly have formed in 24 hours or less...again nothing more. :blowkiss:

You are correct that we have no information regarding his previous hours, days or years prior to being found. Further, we have medical information that is being related through a 3rd party rather then directly. I am concentrating on his vision because it is something that can be used to determine who he was-if I am reading your posts correctly you are dismissing his vision because you feel it is related perhaps to his head injury..or whatever-actually I am not really clear what you might be associating it with, lol.

I have always been struck with BK's statements regarding looking in the mirror after his surgery and finally seeing himself....he felt he had lost 20 years. It is my pet theory that perhaps his field of vision was changing or narrowing...again, no more no less...You have stated quite clearly that there is NO WAY that was the case. OK-fair enough :blowkiss:

Beyond that, let me state that I do not have his medical records and have never seen them. I would LOVE to. But, even with all of this attention, Mr. Kyle is a private man who has put his case in the hands of the Dr. Phil show for resolution and with that comes the agreement that he will abide by their rules...whatever those rules may be.

Believe,
I respect you. I am not here to argue with you.
The lack of vision is very distressing, whether immediate or over a period of time. It doesn't matter. When people can't see, life is a threat, not a joy.
I had no intention of relating this, but since you keep pushing the theory that Ben would indeed walk around with " developing cataracts", unable to recognize himself in the mirror, etc, let me tell you how it feels to not be able to see for periods of time per day, every day, for all of one's life.

I am l

As to HOW the cataracts formed, I don't really understand why you are focused so intently on this.
NO, a blow to the head does not cause cataracts, nor did I ever imply such.
I said that it is entirely possible that he did NOT have normal eyesight because of another assault shortly before the one we know about, the assault behind the dumpster.
We have NO WAY to know what happened to Benjaman before this final beating and torture. He could have been held against his will for some time for reasons we do not know. We do not know who beat him, if it was one beating or a series of beatings, or why he was a target in the first place. ( if there can ever be a " why".).

My point is that he could have been sprayed with pepper spray or mace repeatedly. He could have had a chemical burn to his eyes which went untreated because he was being beaten and held against his will, then the state of being unconscious caused his eyes not to close, with damage to the lens. I am sure that if I had access to the medical records of his eye exam, we would see that he had other eye injuries which were treated such as corneal ulcerations, blepharitis or any number of things.
I think it is short-sighted of us to concentrate on only what the police have been able to tell us- that he was FOUND behind a dumpster, beaten. He was somewhere else before he was behind the dumpster, and we have NO WAY to know where that was or what the conditions were.

We know nothing about his days and nights before that last day when he was found. He could have been somewhere else, in harm's way physically, against his will. There are a lot of sadistic people out there.

Until we KNOW what happened to Benjaman from start to finish, if it is our place to know, then I suggest we concentrate on where he is now, and the fact that his eyesight has been restored through surgery, not using untried theories like the one that he walked around so severely impaired that he could not recognize his own face in a mirror for an extended period of time of his own volition. In so doing, we are assuming quite a lot, not the least of which is that he was a person who did not value his eyesight. I believe the premise is demeaning to this man and I do not agree with it at all. The main reason I do not agree that he tried to navigate the world in a haze of blindness is because it is against human nature to do so, self-preservation being the strongest instinct we have.
I also believe Benjaman is intelligent and would have sought emergency help for his eyes, if that was all that was wrong physically, had he been in ANY condition to do so himself.

Sincerely,
Maria

BeavisMom62
10-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Wow, SS! You sound like me! Sorta. My eyes weren't damaged, but have gradually gotten worse over the years. I too am legally blind without correction! I can totally relate to your experiences, although I can see the big E on the chart, but barely! Please don't think that I am downplaying your experiences since you have apparently been this way your whole life, mine has just come on gradually. I am not a candidate for Lasik either, but I've heard of a new procedure (can't remember what its called) that is being used in Britain, which should be available in the US in a few years, that I might be a candidate for.

Sorry! O/T!

believe09
10-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Wow, SS! You sound like me! Sorta. My eyes weren't damaged, but have gradually gotten worse over the years. I too am legally blind without correction! I can totally relate to your experiences, although I can see the big E on the chart, but barely! Please don't think that I am downplaying your experiences since you have apparently been this way your whole life, mine has just come on gradually. I am not a candidate for Lasik either, but I've heard of a new procedure (can't remember what its called) that is being used in Britain, which should be available in the US in a few years, that I might be a candidate for.

Sorry! O/T!

I am so sorry to read of your vision challenges as well as SeekingJana's...

BeavisMom62
10-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks believe! but as long as I have my contacts in, I'm fine! Its just when I take them out that I bump into walls, LOL.

believe09
10-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks believe! but as long as I have my contacts in, I'm fine! Its just when I take them out that I bump into walls, LOL.

You have an awesome sense of humor about it...:blowkiss:

SeekingJana
10-19-2008, 01:28 PM
My bold-I am not arguing with you SJ any more than you are arguing with me-I have stated my opinion, you are countering with information you have...some of which I don't understand nothing more. :blowkiss:

IIRC you were stating why his cataracts were not, in your opinion, forming over a period of time. I was questioning whether his cataracts could possibly have formed in 24 hours or less...again nothing more. :blowkiss:

You are correct that we have no information regarding his previous hours, days or years prior to being found. Further, we have medical information that is being related through a 3rd party rather then directly. I am concentrating on his vision because it is something that can be used to determine who he was-if I am reading your posts correctly you are dismissing his vision because you feel it is related perhaps to his head injury..or whatever-actually I am not really clear what you might be associating it with, lol.

I have always been struck with BK's statements regarding looking in the mirror after his surgery and finally seeing himself....he felt he had lost 20 years. It is my pet theory that perhaps his field of vision was changing or narrowing...again, no more no less...You have stated quite clearly that there is NO WAY that was the case. OK-fair enough :blowkiss:

Beyond that, let me state that I do not have his medical records and have never seen them. I would LOVE to. But, even with all of this attention, Mr. Kyle is a private man who has put his case in the hands of the Dr. Phil show for resolution and with that comes the agreement that he will abide by their rules...whatever those rules may be.

Believe,
Thanks for discussing this with me. I hope most of all that whoever Benjaman has put his trust in will not disappoint him or mislead him, but will stand by him until the total resolution of his identity and all other related matters has come to pass. :)

Again, Believe, I do not think a head injury caused Benjaman's cataracts. Please do not mis-quote me on this, because I do not believe it and have never tied a head injury to the cataracts. They were caused by EXTERNAL environmental assaults, IMO, such as the blinding sun ( literally blinding), and I believe probably a chemical exposure as part of wherever extreme jeopardy he was in during the days before he was FOUND behind the dumpster.

As far as the " I looked in the mirror and looked so much older than I thought I was" type of comment, this is not unusual at all and I do not believe it is a literal comment in the way that you think it is. MOST people in his age group, if they are honest, look older than they feel inside. This has been documented over and over in studies. People's inner sense of age and sense of self does not match their chronological age at all.
Many people older than we think Benjaman is will say that the hardest part of growing older is the fact that they change externally while still having a sharp wit and the same love of life that they had when young.
I believe that this is more closely related to what Benjaman saw and felt rather than a literal age discrepency, based upon what I know of human nature.
Since Benjaman had a type of amnesia when he did look into a mirror, I believe he was probably basing his sense of age on the same parameters as other people- the age he " feels" inside, his spirit age, in other words, and was shocked to be years older. I understand this, but I am not sure I can describe it to you well. I hope so, :).

All in all, we have so little to go on.

I find it extremely unusual that Benjaman was NOT asked about any PERSONAL memories in his adult life. He was not asked things like " Any hint of a memory of your getting married, of a happy wedding, or holding your baby for the first time". Nothing to establish who he might be or who might be waiting for him or looking for him in the world. We tend to remember the extremely special happy days above all else, even years later, and sometimes even after a bitter divorce.

A grilled cheese sandwich and milk at a fair and parents. That's about as deep as they wanted to take it on the air.
I believe there is a reason for this, I just don't know what the reason is yet.

SeriouslySearching
10-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Btw~ I went to Dr. Phil's site to find the thread you guys were talking about and I got a threat of a virus to my computer (Sheur ?). I immediately shut it down and didn't go back. Please keep us filled in on what is going on over there as I haven't read any of it! Ack!

Voice4theSilent
10-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Another explaination IMHO of him thinking he was younger than he looked in the mirror following the eye surgery is because the amnesia is blocking his memories of the past decades leaving him with only bits and pieces of his early years. He didn't think he was 50 years old because he doesn't have the memories of 50 years of life. From what I can remember on the subject, it is a normal reaction of someone suffering from this type of amnesia.

Unless he was homeless, I do not believe his issues with his eyes was caused by normal factors over time as I do think that he would have gotten corrective surgery before it got as bad as it was.

I think there are a lot of details he is not sharing, which is his right, however it makes it extremely difficult to theorize on what may have happenned to him or where he may have roots.

I do, too, wish him the best and hope he gets the closure he is seeking.

WantingToHelp
10-19-2008, 03:44 PM

Can someone give me a link to this discussion over the the Dr Phil show website? I've gone over there and I can't seem to find anything but 2 pages of comments. Am I in the wrong place?

Please help.

SeekingJana
10-19-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm sorry, but I cannot support Dr. Phil's so called discussion board of hatred.

Also, if you see, SS has just posted that she tried to go there and was alearted to a virus threat detected through her AV software.

BeavisMom62
10-19-2008, 04:24 PM
I went to the discussion board yesterday and unless it changed today, I didn't notice any "hatred". ?!? How sad. Most of the comments seemed uninformed, but then again, I am used to the more intelligent people here. A few seemed to offer up some new names though. I agree, though SJ, that Dr. Phil is definitely not one of my favorite people, but I am happy for BK that he found ANY kind of public forum for his plight. I haven't watched the whole episode yet, just the first two parts, but it doesn't seem as in depth as we had hoped for, but at least he got his face out there.

Searching101
10-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Btw~ I went to Dr. Phil's site to find the thread you guys were talking about and I got a threat of a virus to my computer (Sheur ?). I immediately shut it down and didn't go back. Please keep us filled in on what is going on over there as I haven't read any of it! Ack!

Thank you for posting this.

SeekingJana
10-19-2008, 05:02 PM
I went to the discussion board yesterday and unless it changed today, I didn't notice any "hatred". ?!? How sad. Most of the comments seemed uninformed, but then again, I am used to the more intelligent people here. A few seemed to offer up some new names though. I agree, though SJ, that Dr. Phil is definitely not one of my favorite people, but I am happy for BK that he found ANY kind of public forum for his plight. I haven't watched the whole episode yet, just the first two parts, but it doesn't seem as in depth as we had hoped for, but at least he got his face out there.

BeavisMom, right after the show there were hateful awful comments about BK posted. I would assume that the webmaster would have deleted them ASAP. Therefore, you may have missed them.

I make no assumptions as to whether Dr. Phil endorses completely free speech or wants his board moderated within what one would consider to be " normal" discussion.
I do not blame Dr. Phil for what is or was on the message board connected to his show.
He has done some very good things for many people. I do not dislike him, neither do I champion him. :)

Maria

believe09
10-19-2008, 05:24 PM
http://www.drphil.com/messageboard/topic/3644

Here is the link to the boards-there are 141 messages in all and I am posting under GoBKyle. I have not received any virus messages but will be sure to scan!!!!

I mean, yeah Dr Phil has his fair share of crazies and there is some nonsense going on. Lots of silly comments about BK being a long lost Bush and Dennis Rader, BTK...ok.

But there are some interesting thoughts and ideas about Indianapolis and the Catholic school community so maybe have an open mind while you are looking? Poster BKunknown is someone who is posting on behalf of BK specifically, I believe.

cacnotcam
10-19-2008, 06:05 PM

Here is the link to the boards-there are 141 messages in all and I am posting under GoBKyle. I have not received any virus messages but will be sure to scan!!!!

I mean, yeah Dr Phil has his fair share of crazies and there is some nonsense going on. Lots of silly comments about BK being a long lost Bush and Dennis Rader, BTK...ok.

But there are some interesting thoughts and ideas about Indianapolis and the Catholic school community so maybe have an open mind while you are looking? Poster BKunknown is someone who is posting on behalf of BK specifically, I believe.

Ugh! I know! I saw the comments about Dennis Rader and was sickened! Those people are nuts! He looks/acts nothing like DR and looks nothing like any of the Bush family that I have seen! Crazies!!

Julessleuther
10-20-2008, 01:04 AM
I know, the Dennis Rader stuff is just SO crazy!!!

BeavisMom62
10-20-2008, 10:56 AM
BeavisMom, right after the show there were hateful awful comments about BK posted. I would assume that the webmaster would have deleted them ASAP. Therefore, you may have missed them.

I make no assumptions as to whether Dr. Phil endorses completely free speech or wants his board moderated within what one would consider to be " normal" discussion.
I do not blame Dr. Phil for what is or was on the message board connected to his show.
He has done some very good things for many people. I do not dislike him, neither do I champion him. :)

Maria

Oh, ok, I didn't check it out until the next day, so I'm glad I missed them. Some people are just nuts!

Macushla
10-21-2008, 07:09 PM
I hope this is the place to ask my question - I have read a few different threads on BK and could not find an answer. In regards to the contract he had with Dr. Phil - I can understand that when he is identified, Dr. Phil wanting to do a follow up show, etc. but will we know when he is identified or will we have to wait until that follow up show is filmed. I guess what I am asking is, will it be posted here at WS as soon as it happens? I can wait to hear all the details on a follow up Dr. Phil show, but I would love to know, as soon as it happens, that he has found himself.

believe09
10-21-2008, 07:12 PM
I do not know if Dr Phil is looking to do a follow up show-usually he decides based on interest I believe.

As someone pointed out earlier, he does not hold the rights to Mr. Kyle's life and I for one will be crushed if no one shares with us the fact that this lovely man has been identified considering all of the sweat everyone has put into him!!!

I hope this is the place to ask my question - I have read a few different threads on BK and could not find an answer. In regards to the contract he had with Dr. Phil - I can understand that when he is identified, Dr. Phil wanting to do a follow up show, etc. but will we know when he is identified or will we have to wait until that follow up show is filmed. I guess what I am asking is, will it be posted here at WS as soon as it happens? I can wait to hear all the details on a follow up Dr. Phil show, but I would love to know, as soon as it happens, that he has found himself.

Cubby
10-23-2008, 09:49 AM
I can't see it not being reported if he were identified. It may be as simple as his info is removed from places such as Doenetwork, and his real name may not be revealed. Mr. Kyle certainly has the right to his privacy and the choice to not reveal his name.... if and when he is ID'd.

I'm still praying viable leads are coming in from the show.

tntsparty
10-24-2008, 08:14 AM
I watched the Dr Phil show the other day and I really hope this case is resolved soon and that if it is we will definately hear something.

ArizonaGiGi
10-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Just checking in to see if we know Benjaman Kyles identity yet. Soon I hope!

Cubby
10-28-2008, 11:41 AM
bumping. I am floored there does not seem to be any viable leads from the show. I was hoping someone who he worked with or a neighbor might have seen him..... provided a name and LE could verify it by seeing the last time his DL was renewed, the last time he paid taxes, rent or a mortgage etc. etc. Even if he has no living family, ( just supposing) that a time line of some sort would be verifiable......

fox1950
10-28-2008, 12:03 PM
bumping. I am floored there does not seem to be any viable leads from the show. I was hoping someone who he worked with or a neighbor might have seen him..... provided a name and LE could verify it by seeing the last time his DL was renewed, the last time he paid taxes, rent or a mortgage etc. etc. Even if he has no living family, ( just supposing) that a time line of some sort would be verifiable......
I agree. Ben lived somewhere, someone knew him before he was found.
He apparently had lived a long life prior to his being found at the Burger King. I just can not understand why someone has not come forward since the show and said I think this may be so and so......

believe09
10-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Lesson to be learned, at least for me...LOOK at the people who live around you. I mean really look. Make them count somewhere.

BK did not spring from the earth, so what have we NOT thought of???

Cubby
10-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Lesson to be learned, at least for me...LOOK at the people who live around you. I mean really look. Make them count somewhere.

BK did not spring from the earth, so what have we NOT thought of???

My bold, I agree. This is OT- but in this day and age, it annoys the h3ll out of me when people rush about and make no eye contact. It appears that manners, courtesy, a simple smile or hello does not happen like it used to. jmho...... and kind of a vent. ;)

amethyst
10-28-2008, 09:02 PM
I can't believe after having been on Dr. Phil that no one has come forward with any information. Unbelievable.

lymom3
10-28-2008, 09:30 PM
I recorded Dr. Phil that day because I knew his story would be on. I have never seen another Dr Phil episode in my life. I'm at work during the day. I watch 20/20, 48 hours and the likes but not the daytime shows. Maybe there could be some interest generated in one of those shows picking up Benjaman's story. Even with that I surprised that their isn't someone somewhere that has an inkling that he looks familiar. I pray that there is an answer out there for him somewhere.

snowme
10-28-2008, 11:39 PM
I agree, one of the night time shows would be a good idea. My guess is, more people watch night time tv than daytime. I, for one, hardly ever see tv during the day and I'm home to have the access!

I recorded Dr. Phil that day because I knew his story would be on. I have never seen another Dr Phil episode in my life. I'm at work during the day. I watch 20/20, 48 hours and the likes but not the daytime shows. Maybe there could be some interest generated in one of those shows picking up Benjaman's story. Even with that I surprised that their isn't someone somewhere that has an inkling that he looks familiar. I pray that there is an answer out there for him somewhere.