PDA

View Full Version : If You Were George and Cindy

ShouldBWorking
08-07-2008, 07:20 PM
what would you be doing?

I understand standing by your child, unconditional love. BUT I really believe I would be in hiding and whenever I came out for whatever reason the only words leaving my mouth would be, "No comment."

coltsgal
08-07-2008, 07:22 PM
I would be actively searching and putting out info on Caylee. Not just sitting at home or doing interviews, and getting mad that no one is searching for Caylee. I would want to give my daughter the benefit of the doubt, but I dont think I could continue to do so once I find out that her whole story is nothing by lies, and nothing can be accounted for.

JBean
08-07-2008, 07:24 PM
what would you be doing?

I understand standing by your child, unconditional love. BUT I really believe I would be in hiding and whenever I came out for whatever reason the only words leaving my mouth would be, "No comment."
I would have lawyered up about 3 weeks ago and I would only speak about finding Caylee.
They have to stay in the media if they want to search for Caylee, but as they are learning they can't just casually throw things out there.
They should have had professional guidance on what to say and what not to say.

I feel real bad for the whole family.

bulletgirl2002
08-07-2008, 07:33 PM
I don't think you ever know what you would do until it happens to you. I just feel very very sorry for them. They are probably really good ordinary folks who don't know what to do and on top of all this tragedy have a million eyes on them. I bet in their heart of hearts they think poor little Caylee is dead and Casey is responsible. I can' t imagine what they are going through. I would probably be in a padded cell.

SusieClue
08-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I'd be hiring a private detective to find my granddaughter - dead or alive and I'd be in my daughter's face until she broke down and I'd be crying night and day and I'd be praying nonstop. oh, and having wine.

txsvicki
08-07-2008, 07:43 PM
If I were George and Cindy, I believe I would have told LE everything from the very beginning. I don't know if they forced LE to get a search warrant, if they kept quiet about the gas cans, or washed the pants on purpose. George and Cindy seem to know what they are doing, and have reasons for each step that they take. There's no way that I believe they are falling apart yet.

Diamond
08-07-2008, 08:01 PM
First, I'd take off the rose colored glasses. Second, I would end contact w/my daughter...not talking isn't acceptable to me. I love my kids, always and forever, but that doesn't mean I must accept and support everything they do. Third, I would be looking for my grandchild...hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

TripleA
08-07-2008, 08:05 PM
I would be walking the woods and any other possible locations with a group of volunteers.

Carrington
08-07-2008, 08:07 PM
I would do everything the opposite of what the Anthonys are doing.

websurfer
08-07-2008, 08:08 PM
I really would....

starpatch
08-07-2008, 08:23 PM
I would not be giving interviews.

I would be hiding, and, crying and going NUTZ!

All of what they family has been thriough and they all look great! recently we had several serious illnesses of family members......I felt like I had been run over by a bus....It was more than I could handle..so how come they don't have bags under their eyes and look awful????

ShouldBWorking
08-07-2008, 08:44 PM
I would not be giving interviews.

I would be hiding, and, crying and going NUTZ!

All of what they family has been thriough and they all look great! recently we had several serious illnesses of family members......I felt like I had been run over by a bus....It was more than I could handle..so how come they don't have bags under their eyes and look awful????

I have wondered this myself.

I think it's easy to say what we would do but grief and guilt combined can make you nuts and I think this family has a lot of guilt and Casey plays off of it.

I know it's not a popular feeling around here but my heart breaks for this mom and dad. They love their daughter and grandchild and they are in denial, when they let reality hit them they react with fear..it's sad.

JBean
08-07-2008, 08:50 PM
I have wondered this myself.

I think it's easy to say what we would do but grief and guilt combined can make you nuts and I think this family has a lot of guilt and Casey plays off of it.

I know it's not a popular feeling around here but my heart breaks for this mom and dad. They love their daughter and grandchild and they are in denial, when they let reality hit them they react with fear..it's sad.
I agree about the guilt. I think that the situation was stressed before Casey left and this just compounded it.

Did you notice how straightforward and calm Cindy was at the beginning when she was responding to Casey in the recorded calls? It struck me that she had perhaps had some counseling on how to deflect all Casey's guilt tripping off of herself. She very clearly placed the blame right back on Casey's shoulders, referred to her as sweetheart, did not get upset even though Casey was, and she continued to remind casey that it was her own actions dictating the sitation. It was actually quite impressive. She did not give in to the attempted manipulation by Casey.
I am guessing she had some professional help with regards to her daughter's behavior and she was implementing it probably after a lifetime of manipulation by Casey..
But since that time I have no idea what she is saying to Casey and it looks like she has now fallen into the guilt trip and has moved backwards from the progress she had made intially.
jmho of course.

mindyme
08-07-2008, 09:28 PM
I wondered how they all look put together and well groomed and such.
When our family went thru a gut wrenching event we all looked like the walking dead ourselves.
We would not have been able to string together two words fot the media.
We just clung to each other praying and sobbing and tho we wanted to be strong there was no way to physically hold it together.
I just do not see how this family is functioning as well as they are. We did not know what world we were in other than HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING?!
Clinging to anyone with a shred of possible info, no time or even any awareness of anyone else around us. No one ate, slept, talked, just zombies.
And we are a big family wiith lots of different types of people in it, we were ALL this way.

L L & S
08-07-2008, 09:32 PM
I would have lawyered up in the beginning. I would have a licensed victims advocate to speak for me. I would say through her, first and foremost "Please if you have Casey or if you know who does, please bring her home. Please call the OCSD and tell them what you know. Please, help us find Caylee."

And second, "Please keep looking for Caylee, and if you know anything, anything at all, please call the OCSD tip line as fast as you can. Any information that you have might help us find Caylee. If you met Casey over the last month please call the OCSD tip line and tell them what you remember. If you saw Casey and Caylee together, please call. Please ask your friends, ask everyone you see, do you know this child! Please help us bring her home."

Beyond that I can not say.

ShouldBWorking
08-07-2008, 09:58 PM
I would have lawyered up in the beginning. I would have a licensed victims advocate to speak for me. I would say through her, first and foremost "Please if you have Casey or if you know who does, please bring her home. Please call the OCSD and tell them what you know. Please, help us find Caylee."

And second, "Please keep looking for Caylee, and if you know anything, anything at all, please call the OCSD tip line as fast as you can. Any information that you have might help us find Caylee. If you met Casey over the last month please call the OCSD tip line and tell them what you remember. If you saw Casey and Caylee together, please call. Please ask your friends, ask everyone you see, do you know this child! Please help us bring her home."

Beyond that I can not say.

great post, I do wonder instead of cussing the press why isn't GMA pleading with "the kidnappers"

Adrienne37
08-07-2008, 10:04 PM
If I were George and Cindy, I'd shut my mouth!!!!

*~Aimee~*
08-07-2008, 10:06 PM
I don't think you ever know what you would do until it happens to you. I just feel very very sorry for them. They are probably really good ordinary folks who don't know what to do and on top of all this tragedy have a million eyes on them. I bet in their heart of hearts they think poor little Caylee is dead and Casey is responsible. I can' t imagine what they are going through. I would probably be in a padded cell.

I agree. I would not know really what to do after I called LE. I would be lost and upset.

*~Aimee~*
08-07-2008, 10:07 PM
I wondered how they all look put together and well groomed and such.
When our family went thru a gut wrenching event we all looked like the walking dead ourselves.
We would not have been able to string together two words fot the media.
We just clung to each other praying and sobbing and tho we wanted to be strong there was no way to physically hold it together.
I just do not see how this family is functioning as well as they are. We did not know what world we were in other than HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING?!
Clinging to anyone with a shred of possible info, no time or even any awareness of anyone else around us. No one ate, slept, talked, just zombies.
And we are a big family wiith lots of different types of people in it, we were ALL this way.

Huge {{Hugs}}...so sorry you went through this.

ShouldBWorking
08-07-2008, 10:56 PM
If I were George and Cindy, I'd shut my mouth!!!!

I think now they are damned either way it's too late to shut up now, they should have gotten a spokesperson a looooooooong time ago

pixies
08-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Get a lawyer?? HECK NO!
Give me a polygraph test, take my hair and blood and do whatever you want to me as long as I am cleared so I can go out there and find my granddaughter!

Why hide behind a lawyer? Did Marc Klaas not teach us anything about the proper way to handle situations as difficult and crazy as this?? You can investigate me because I am not hiding anything at all. That is how the family should be acting, IMO.

I would not be grabbing every microphone and camera that goes by spewing lies. I would not be worried about my hair and make up or even that my clothes matched.

I would not "enjoy" my 15 minutes of fame like Grandma seems to be doing.

LinasK
08-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Get a lawyer?? HECK NO!
Give me a polygraph test, take my hair and blood and do whatever you want to me as long as I am cleared so I can go out there and find my granddaughter!

Why hide behind a lawyer? Did Marc Klaas not teach us anything about the proper way to handle situations as difficult and crazy as this?? You can investigate me because I am not hiding anything at all. That is how the family should be acting, IMO.

I would not be grabbing every microphone and camera that goes by spewing lies. I would not be worried about my hair and make up or even that my clothes matched.

:clap::clap::clap: I totally agree with you! Lawyering up is what guilty people do, not innocent people with nothing to hide.

JBean
08-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Get a lawyer?? HECK NO!

Why would she clear herself when she has never been a suspect?

pixies
08-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Why would she clear herself when she has never been a suspect?

ALL family members are suspects. We have seen over and over that is usually family or someone the child trusts that are the offenders.

Why hide? Why hide anything if your child is missing?

wallflower67
08-07-2008, 11:47 PM
I would be doing everything I could do to get Casey to spill. Which may mean pretending to be on "her" side in the media. However, i think one "I still love my daughter and can't believe she'd hurt her child" speech would be sufficient.

Then I'd shut up and hire a private investigator to find my grandchild.

Jster
08-07-2008, 11:51 PM
I don't understand Cindy. Or George.

I know I have a tendancy to cry more than normal, but frankly, I'm shocked at how unexpressive they are. Just like Casey, in some ways, because heck, at least she knows WTH is going on!?!

If I were them, I would be in agony. I would be begging, pleading for help. I would be so thankful to all of Casey's friends for helping, for calling LE right away. I would be searching endlessly...probably keep thinking of new places to look in the middle of the night and doing what I could.

For a while Cindy looked tired, she looked/sounded even a bit drugged. But today's video? SHE WAS SMILING! Like this was all some funny joke! And when she said she felt Caylee was close and would be home for her birthday, I just got this really weird feeling. Like maybe Caylee has been stashed somewhere and she'll be brought out just in time for a big party that Cindy is planning. It's just unnerving, really.

As for George...I haven't gotton to watch him much (I don't have TV so have to watch everything online and miss his a lot), but he seems, in some ways, more predictably befuddled.

Anyways...I'm sure my reaction would be very different than theirs, and they've lost all of my interest and support. If it weren't for Caylee being so cute and defenseless, I'd be done with this whole thing. I hope, if she is found, they evaluate these people and determine whether staying with them is a good idea, because they seem nuts in an abnormal way to me.

Jster
08-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Oh, and it's also a pet peeve of mine when parents spoil their children and never admit the children's faults and place the blame on anyone else around. So I really dislike that about Cindy.

I feel sorry for Lee. He seemed like the only normal one in the bunch, and I'm sure his world has really crashed around him.

JBean
08-07-2008, 11:53 PM
ALL family members are suspects. We have seen over and over that is usually family or someone the child trusts that are the offenders.

Why hide? Why hide anything if your child is missing?
They are suspects? First I have heard of that. Can you link to that Pixies? that is a strong statement.
What are they hiding?

ETA: Here is a video link regarding Cindy contacting LE and having them come back and get more items she thought might be important.
http://www.truveo.com/Cindy-Anthony-Visits-Today/id/761837253

L L & S
08-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Get a lawyer?? HECK NO!

~~ snipped for space :)

NO HIDING BEHIND LAWYER. I would absolutely give over all that stuff and more if they wanted it and even if they didn't want it at the time I would not go washing potential evidence. ITA with you.

However, with my daughter sitting in jail lying her "party bootie" off, and my grand daughter missing, I think I would like my own attorney. I have no trust for Casey or what she might say at any given moment in time. I would have an attorney to watch over my life while I do exactly what LE tells me to do and plead for Caylees return or information at every public opportunity.

SeriouslySearching
08-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Every family member is suspect until they are cleared. Casey has formally been charged with neglect and obstruction, but nothing else...yet. Cindy and George have not been "cleared" or "ruled out" in the disappearance of Caylee.

First thing I would have done, unlike the Anthonys, is not waited if my child put me off seeing my grandchild who I had raised from an infant for ANY amount of time. I would not have hesitated to track them down immediately especially knowing the type of person Casey is. Cindy admits her daughter is a known liar. She should not have trusted Caylee in her care with knowing her lifestyle and her aversion to telling the truth. I would have called LE if I could not find them within a day or so after requesting to speak to my grandchild. This should never have been allowed to continue for 3 days much less 31 days!

I would have had my daughter in jail so fast her head would spin as soon as I learned that my grandchild was "missing". I wouldn't be stopping to think about what was happening with her as my goal would be to find the child immediately. I would have gladly opened up my house for LE, my cars, my DNA, everything or anything that could possibly help them. I would beg for a lie detector test or whatever was neccessary to clear me right off the bat so they wouldn't have to waste time investigating me.

I certainly would not lie for my child who may possibly have harmed my grandchild. She is an adult and would have to face whatever she has done. It would be too late for me to protect her, but that is what a public defender is for. I would not be playing games with her either. Sitting in jail would be the appropriate place for her until she cooperated with LE fully in the investigation.

I would be organizing searches, calling for TES, hiring a private investigator, calling in a psychic, and doing whatever it took to find my grandchild. I would be begging for help from the media or anyone who would listen. I would be going out every waking minute to search for her. If someone wanted an interview from me...they would have to do it with hiking boots and on the move because I wouldn't be sitting still.

I do not see any of the above happening in this case. Why not?! Because they are hiding behind secrets and lies. I have to ask, "Why?".

JBean
08-08-2008, 01:51 AM
Every family member is suspect until they are cleared. Casey has formally been charged with neglect and obstruction, but nothing else...yet. Cindy and George have not been "cleared" or "ruled out" in the disappearance of Caylee.
Are you saying the police have named them as suspects? can you link that SS?

armywife210
08-08-2008, 02:07 AM
I think that it's just being said that everyone is a suspect in the beginning of a case like this until evidence leads them elsewhere. And that an innocent person with nothing to hide would throw everything out on the table right in the beginning. Stories wouldn't change, because truth doesn't change. There is no reason to lawyer up if all you have is the truth to tell.

LinasK
08-08-2008, 02:12 AM
I think that it's just being said that everyone is a suspect in the beginning of a case like this until evidence leads them elsewhere. And that an innocent person with nothing to hide would throw everything out on the table right in the beginning. Stories wouldn't change, because truth doesn't change. There is no reason to lawyer up if all you have is the truth to tell.
You are so right!:clap::clap::clap:

SeriouslySearching
08-08-2008, 02:16 AM
Are you saying the police have named them as suspects? can you link that SS?JBean~ It is a known fact that until the immediate family members have been cleared by LE...everyone is a suspect. I think instead you should show me where LE states they have been ruled out since Cindy was the last person KNOWN to have physically been with Caylee alive and verified by independent sources. There has been no confirmed sighting of her since the video tape Cindy made at the nursing center.

Vegas Bride
08-08-2008, 02:21 AM
If I was is Cindy's shoes I'd be such a basketcase I doubt I'd be able to stand and give any type of interview to anyone. My total focus would be on Caylee and how I could find her. I can understand having a mental block that would stop me from accepting the unthinkable. I would want to march into Casey's jail cell, grab her by the scruff of her neck and force her to tell me everything she knows!
I would want to get expert advice in how the truth could be gotten out of Casey, I would be down on my knees praying and would beg anyone else to pray also. I would want to surround myself with the best of the best as far as investigators go, I would agree to a lie detector test so I could be ruled out as a suspect. I would be contacting everyone of her friends and beg them to tell me anything they might know. I would be asking my husband to use anything from his past as a po to use anything he can to help solve this, call in any favors he could.
By now I would probably be bald from pulling my hair or in a catatonic state. I would be curled up in the fetal position on Caylees bed sobbing my eyes out and begging God to let me wake up from this nightmare!

VB

JBean
08-08-2008, 02:26 AM
JBean~ It is a known fact that until the immediate family members have been cleared by LE...everyone is a suspect. I think instead you should show me where LE states they have been ruled out since Cindy was the last person KNOWN to have physically been with Caylee alive and verified by independent sources. There has been no confirmed sighting of her since the video tape Cindy made at the nursing center.
Hi SS. I had no idea they were suspects. I thought that LE was looking at Casey and said that the family was extremely cooperative.
Does this mean that Lee is also a suspect and the Grandpa in the nursing home? They are family and I don't think I have read that they have been cleared.
Grandpa was one of the last to see Caylee alive and he is a family member.

ETA: on the off chance that you don't realize it, I am just messing with you. I think everyone is under the umbrella of suspicion, but I do not think they even named casey as a suspect until they arrested her. She was just a POI.

LinetteH
08-08-2008, 02:35 AM
I would NOT lawyer up. Not sure why but my hinky meter always goes off when people lawyer up right away. I actually posed the question to Marc Klass last night if he is suspicious of people when they lawyer up and he said "Absolutely!" I have always been of the "If you have nothing to hide then you do not have to worry about how to hide it" belief. I do not think I would talk to the media--mostly because I am not sure I would be coherent enough to speak to them but I would talk and talk and talk to LE. They would be so sick of me sitting on their desks, following all their footsteps etc... When I could not be with them I would be out looking in all the places my daughter had mentioned. Literally knocking on doors handing out flyers. Answering my cell phone every time it rang instead of talking to the media and ignoring it etc...

LinetteH
08-08-2008, 02:40 AM
I would not be playing games with her either. Sitting in jail would be the appropriate place for her until she cooperated with LE fully in the investigation.

snipped

I certainly would not be visiting her lying azz in jail! I would make her sit there in her silence and hope the lonliness got her so she wouls start singing like a canary!

SeriouslySearching
08-08-2008, 02:44 AM
It didn't look like Grandpa could get out of his chair by himself so I would have to assume that LE isn't looking in his direction.

Lee wasn't around during the time Caylee went missing (or at least it is my understanding). He lives in residence at work so he mentioned on the stand. He is also cooperating with LE as far as we know.

With LE's fifth visit to the home to get further "evidence", it doesn't sound to me as if Cindy and George have been ruled out, imo. Also, in the search warrant it stated they were looking for "trace evidence to include DNA, Blood, or other bodily fluid and the like" inside their home.
http://www.ocso.com/LinkClick.aspx?link=MediaRelations%2f08.07.08_SEAR CHWARRANT.pdf&tabid=547&mid=1935

The home visit Thursday comes a day after crime scene investigators searched the Orlando residence that the Anthony's daughter and granddaughter called home until the time of the little girl's disappearance on or around June 15.

They took away at least four bags of evidence. MyFOXOrlando.com reported that the latest, four-hour search yielded at least eight bags.

Thursday's visit is at least the fifth time they have been at the home. The Orange County Sheriff's Office called Wednesday's visit "routine" and said the girl — who turns 3 on Saturday — has not been found.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,399266,00.html

JBean
08-08-2008, 02:59 AM
It didn't look like Grandpa could get out of his chair by himself so I would have to assume that LE isn't looking in his direction.

Lee wasn't around during the time Caylee went missing (or at least it is my understanding). He lives in residence at work so he mentioned on the stand. He is also cooperating with LE as far as we know.

snip

But you said:

>>JBean~ It is a known fact that until the immediate family members have been cleared by LE...everyone is a suspect. I have been trying to find where the grandpa and brother have been cleared, since that's what you say must happen to eliminate them from suspicion.

SS, my point is that we are throwing the word suspect around very casually and imo it is wrong. Being termed a police suspect is a very strong term and I think it can be misleading.

SeriouslySearching
08-08-2008, 03:14 AM
Still, even if LE doesn't NAME them as suspects...they are considered as such by LE until they have been ruled out. Yes?

The only reason they hesitate to name them anymore is because it changes the dynamics of how they must treat them from that point on. Person Of Interest is a term coined by the media which they now use to refer to a suspect.

In my honest opinion, the grandparents are very much suspected of being involved in either a cover up or in the disappearance of Caylee. LE doesn't want to lose their "working relationship" with them right now and won't come out to say it. I don't consider it "throwing the word suspect around" tho. It is what it is.

lookieloo
08-08-2008, 07:58 AM
One thing that irks me about Cindy, is how often she'll say "They should be searching for Caylee" While she spends time on news shows defending Casey's lies, eveyone else should be out searching. If I were her, I would want to be out searching. And I would tell Casey I will not come to see you until you tell me exactly where to find Caylee, dangerous or not. Maybe that's what she did, but she still expects others to do the searching when there is no place given to search.

Parker
08-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Now, before anyone flames me, let me make it clear that, in my opinion, Casey Anthony did kill Caylee (and I don't believe it was an accident) and I am not defending Cindy Anthony at all.

But, if you have children, you know how much you love them and how much of yourself you try to install in them as they grow. Now, imagine for one terrible moment that the child you have loved, nurtured and watched grow into an adult has done something unspeakable. Something in your worst dreams you couldn't imagine...

None of us are living in Cindy's or George's shoes - what shock and horror they must be feeling right now. Most of us, I pray, will never find ourselves in that situation so I don't think we can honestly say how 'we' would react in that situation.

I have always felt that family's in this situation should appoint a "spokesperson" - someone who is NOT a family member. It would be hard enough to pull yourself together everyday in this situation, let alone have a million cameras and microphones thrust in your face everytime you walk out the door. I work in the media and I've been on camera before and I can tell you it is nervewracking as it is, without being in the situation that Cindy and George are.

As I watch Cindy and George in these interviews, I see parents who are coming to the realization that their daughter is a monster. In the beginning, I think they really wanted to believe Casey (what parent wouldn't). If the 911 tapes didn't exist, I think I would feel different, but hearing Cindy on those tapes makes me believe that she had nothing to do with this. Cindy got caught up in listening to Casey's lies.

I just don't think it's fair to ask "What would you do" because you don't really know what you would do...

Jster
08-08-2008, 08:23 AM
I agree with appointing a spokesperson...it's kind of weird here that they didn't, and the only reasons I can think of are 1) Cindy likes talking to the media (I do agree that even in her first conversation with Casey when she said, "Which news program? I've been on four" she was enjoying it in a twisted way. and 2) they don't seem to have any friends. Which is weird. Not totally unknown, but not a sign of healthy people, either.

MistyGirl
08-08-2008, 09:59 AM
1st thing I would have done is hire a Private Detective to help find my grandaughter & work with LE sharing info back & forth etc, regradless if lead to the my Daughter being charged.
I would not be visiting my daughter in jail or taking her calls from jail until I was told by LE she was cooperating with them 100%.
I may appear in the media/pulics eye that I "support" my daughter etc but that would only be because I KNOW my daughter would be watching & I would want her to "think/feel" I was behind her in order to get her to talk. (Probably wouldn't work, but that is what I would be doing)
I would be using a "spokes person" to make all family statements to the media at this point. (However I think the reason that Cindy & George are talking to the media is because they are trying to show that they are not hiding anything & are cooperating.
I would NOT Lawyer up - Because I would feel the minute I do then people assume you are guilty of something & hiding behind your Lawyer.
I would be organizing a command center and I would just start searchign areas closest to my home & then spread out from there. I would have to be doing something.

I also think some of the things Cindy says are like WTH, but I truley beleive she is jsut doing what she thinks is best & it is hard for her to accept even the possibilty that Casey was involved.

I can honestly say if Cindy & George had Lawyered up from the beginning I would have been very suspicious of there involvement.

I heard Cindy say in an interview with Greta last night 8/7/08 that if Casey is invovled in anyway she will be the first to say hay I was wrong & would want her charged an punished. (not her exact word but very close I will look for the link)

It's sad because I think they are both coming to face with the facts that they more then likely wont ever see Caylee again & their daughter maybe involved.

We know from what we have read & seen.....I mean look at the post on myspace from Cindy on 7/3/08 about Caylee being gone, which I belevie her to mean Casey isn't letter her see or be as involved with Caylee like she had been when they were living at their home......even then Cindy states about the support & love she gave & Casey stealing money etc.....we know even in the past that Cindy always, always wanted to see the good in her daughter & be ther to help and support no matter what she has done.....so I think it's going to take bit for Cindy to finally see things for what they truely are.

LCoastMom
08-30-2008, 10:47 PM
I would get the best lawyer money can buy, to act as a spokesman and to advise me. I would co operate 100% with LE and stay in my daughter's face until she stopped giving 'kernnals' and spilled the whole damn 'ear'. Then I would go into my room and quietly have a breakdown.

txsvicki
08-30-2008, 11:08 PM
After watching this whole thing and knowing now that the Anthony's had suspicions before even calling 911, I would have not had any media inside or in backyard of my home. No interviews at all except to talk about Caylee and get her pic out there. I would have demanded and tried to organize searches for a live and a deceased child. It could have been done with no comment or have a spokesman say that if Caylee were kidnapped she could have been hurt and left someplace. I'd keep my mouth shut but every thing the Anthony's have said and done seems to be in the defense of Casey and maybe a shred of hope of finding Caylee alive, but like I said, they had suspicions of foul play from the beginning according to the documents.

altruist1000
08-31-2008, 01:03 AM
I'd be demanding the truth & promise to continue to visit her & contribute to the jail account for her needs BUT that if this was not done I would never see her again or provide any money for her needs & that she would totally be on her own, which could mean using her finger & water for toothbrushing & only water for showering, etc.

I would try to understand &/or have compassion for no matter whatever happened but that if she destroyed the family's honor she would forever be disowned as that selfishness & destructiveness would have no other applicable consequences.

What I think the Hacking family probably delivered to Mark Hacking for his crimes against the lovely Lori Hacking.

DazzlinDebSD
08-31-2008, 01:25 AM
I would be a basket case. I would not be able to talk to the media. My daughter would not be staying in my home unless she led me to my grandchild dead or alive the second she walked out of that jail.

NICK AND NORA
08-31-2008, 01:27 AM
I would be actively searching and putting out info on Caylee. Not just sitting at home or doing interviews, and getting mad that no one is searching for Caylee. I would want to give my daughter the benefit of the doubt, but I dont think I could continue to do so once I find out that her whole story is nothing by lies, and nothing can be accounted for.

Ditto!!!

JulieAnne
08-31-2008, 01:44 AM
I would probably be rocking back and forth like a crazy person. I don't believe I would be speaking to my daughter. If I did, it would be to beg and plead with her to show me what she did with the body so we could bury the baby. Personally, I believe I would try to prepare my brain for the fact that the baby was dead - and I would shove that horrible AWFUL fact in my daughters face until she told me where to find the body.

I would probably not talk to the media. I would probably not think they could help me. There is a chance I might want people to keep a look out for any signs or clues that could help, but at this point - given all the evidence - I would figure the only thing yet to happen is a jury and a judge to sign the deal.

I would be grieving my granddaughter - and my daughter - and berating myself for all the failed efforts I had made...

When my father died suddenly on a random Friday night many years ago, it was more than my 20 year old brain could fathom. Knowing droves of relatives would be coming the next day to discuss a fact I could not face, I spent the day with my best friend. Wandering through downtown streets, pretending to be a sightseer.

I heard afterward that people said it was apparent that I was unfazed by his death and paid him no respect. It took me years to really recover from the loss of my father. "People" really had no idea.

Grief has many faces.

magiemay
08-31-2008, 01:51 AM
Get a lawyer?? HECK NO!

Couldn't agree more that is just what I would hope I would do, But when Casey was at home this past week be ******if she would not have talked to me She might have been begging to go back to jail, It would not have been go to your room and play on your computer and do your nails and makeup!!!!

bam
08-31-2008, 07:37 AM
I would not be talking to the media but instead on my knees in prayer. I would not allow my daughter to be on the computer surfing the net. I would have a face to face with Casey and tell her it's not time for any of us to sweep things under the carpet because sooner or later it would all be exposed. I think I would lawyer up because I have a manipulative daughter that would put all blame on us for Caylee being missing.

TxLady2
08-31-2008, 08:51 AM
I don't know what I would do, because I have never been in their shoes. I think I would probably be a basket case by now. But knowing my temperament and my personality I don't think I would be directing my anger and frustration towards the media and the public quite the way that Cindy has done. I would definitely cooperate with LE in the hopes of finding my g/d. I probably would be begging the world to help find my g/d but in a pleading, hopeful way instead of ranting and screaming at reporters.
I know I would hate the media camping out in front of my house, though. I would hate the whole situation, but I would not come out in a fighting mood every few minutes and swinging a hammer at people.
Above all, I would support my daughter but not to the point of believing her lies and manipulations... I would very firmly tell her to start telling the truth and face up to the consequences of what she has done. I would let her know that she would always have my love but the support would end right here and now unless she tells the truth and tells them where the baby is.

MD MOMMY
08-31-2008, 09:02 AM
I definitely would not be commenting to the press at all. I would have my own attorney. Casey would not be living in my house when she got bailed out. If she did live in my house I would probably be in her face 24/7 making her speak. IDK I would do everything they haven't done.

EricaG
11-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Ive spent some time with them on 3 occasions now. By them being out there and in the media, they are keeping this case alive. As bizarre as this case is, the best they can do is state thier cause and opinions. They are very media trained these days and are not staing anything incriminating, they are making us think harder about what may have happend.

Meemom
11-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Ive spent some time with them on 3 occasions now. By them being out there and in the media, they are keeping this case alive. As bizarre as this case is, the best they can do is state thier cause and opinions. They are very media trained these days and are not staing anything incriminating, they are making us think harder about what may have happend.

Media trained?????? More like snake oil salesmen! All they up to now is solicting donations for KFN !! ANd doing advance PR for CA's future "book"!!

Why aren't they begging the alleged "kidnappers" to bring Caylee back, don't harm her, etc., etc. Oh, yeah, they can't release any info they have until trial, where it will all make sense and we'll applaud KC as "mother of the year", .....but wait, they can give out some of their "leads" in the form of a presser with KFN in the background, asking for more $$ for their non existenet searches......Pleeeezeee......! MOO

Pattymarie
11-16-2008, 02:26 PM

What???? Is this post for real? Or is the Anthony koolaid really for real?

Janis396
11-16-2008, 02:31 PM
What???? Is this post for real? Or is the Anthony koolaid really for real?

I think we're being punked :crazy:

Gaia713
11-16-2008, 02:44 PM
I would admit what I was doing and make a formal public apology for scamming for money, but I'm not holding my breath that they will be that honest.

Gaia713
11-16-2008, 02:46 PM
What???? Is this post for real? Or is the Anthony koolaid really for real? There's a sucker born every minute and I think the majority of them must live in Florida from what I've read. Do you have to be gullible to live there or something?

Gaia713
11-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Ive spent some time with them on 3 occasions now. By them being out there and in the media, they are keeping this case alive. As bizarre as this case is, the best they can do is state thier cause and opinions. They are very media trained these days and are not staing anything incriminating, they are making us think harder about what may have happend. They also LIE at every opportunity. Cindy needs to go back to work and support herself and her family and stop relying on other people to take care of them. They can still have their vigils. Their PI is allegedly working for free. Their attorney is working for free. So they need to support themselves and stop collecting money for searches they are not conducting.

It also might be a good idea for them to stop associating with convicted felons.

KellioPSL
11-16-2008, 02:56 PM
If I were ga and ca we would not be having this conversation because kc would have had to kill me to leave the house with Caylee on the 15th of June. And kc's a#$ would have been kicked out on the street that night, with court proceedings started the very next day to gain full custody of Caylee.

KellioPSL
11-16-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm sorry if this is for real/ I would go visit my daughter and tell her that she has to tell the truth because we are. I would go directly to le and tell everything that I know. I would take a lie detector test after answering any and all questions from le. I would tell all of Orlando we will come and search this weekend with TES please come out and help us.

Gaia713
11-16-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm sorry if this is for real/ I would go visit my daughter and tell her that she has to tell the truth because we are. I would go directly to le and tell everything that I know. I would take a lie detector test after answering any and all questions from le. I would tell all of Orlando we will come and search this weekend with TES please come out and help us.

It IS possible to love your child and still condemn what they did. I guess Cindy doesn't know that yet.

Pocono Sleuther
11-16-2008, 03:34 PM
what would you be doing?

I'm sorry, but I have to post the first thing that came into my head when I saw the thread title.

If I were George and Cindy, I'd have grabbed that child (KC) by the throat and made her life HELL until she told me where my grandaughter is. Of course, that's just me and I do have a bit o' PMS working on me right now.

EricaG
11-16-2008, 03:34 PM
There's a sucker born every minute and I think the majority of them must live in Florida from what I've read. Do you have to be gullible to live there or something?

Actually, yes. I had to drink special kool aid and take an exam--just to be sure I was gulllible enough to live here in Florida.

The koolaid was quite refreshing after I spent 10 hours in the woods last Sunday with sticks, thorns all over me and rattlesnakes 3 feet in front of me while I searched for this missing baby.

So, riddle me this...perhaps now I undestand why, upon asking fellow searchers if they were 'Websleuthers' the rolled their eyes and looked at me with disgust.

Were you there last weekend?

FloridaKatz
11-16-2008, 03:46 PM
I would:

Tell LE everything I know, daughter involvement or no;
Keep my mouth shut when it comes to the press;
Do everything humanly possible to search for my granddaughter (live or human remains)
Stop bad-mouthing people who are actually out there searching for a body (at least they are searching).

I would not:

- Write a book, sell pictures or stories in order to profit off a family tragedy.
- Associate myself with so called "charitable organizations" who are only out to profit from a family tragedy.

Macushla
11-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Now, before anyone flames me, let me make it clear that, in my opinion, Casey Anthony did kill Caylee (and I don't believe it was an accident) and I am not defending Cindy Anthony at all.

But, if you have children, you know how much you love them and how much of yourself you try to install in them as they grow. Now, imagine for one terrible moment that the child you have loved, nurtured and watched grow into an adult has done something unspeakable. Something in your worst dreams you couldn't imagine...

None of us are living in Cindy's or George's shoes - what shock and horror they must be feeling right now. Most of us, I pray, will never find ourselves in that situation so I don't think we can honestly say how 'we' would react in that situation.

I have always felt that family's in this situation should appoint a "spokesperson" - someone who is NOT a family member. It would be hard enough to pull yourself together everyday in this situation, let alone have a million cameras and microphones thrust in your face everytime you walk out the door. I work in the media and I've been on camera before and I can tell you it is nervewracking as it is, without being in the situation that Cindy and George are.

As I watch Cindy and George in these interviews, I see parents who are coming to the realization that their daughter is a monster. In the beginning, I think they really wanted to believe Casey (what parent wouldn't). If the 911 tapes didn't exist, I think I would feel different, but hearing Cindy on those tapes makes me believe that she had nothing to do with this. Cindy got caught up in listening to Casey's lies.

I just don't think it's fair to ask "What would you do" because you don't really know what you would do...

Well spoken, or should I say well written? I agree with you. I can say well I would........but I have not been where they are and the gods willing, I will never be. Tell you something, 3 days before the latest search - and I knew I was going to be at the search center helping out - I was coming back from somewhere and saw GA at his 'center'. He was there by himself, no one else around. I pulled in and went over to him. We spoke for 2 minutes - I said, I am so sorry for what your family is going through and no matter how it turns out, I hope you all find some peace. He said "Thank you very much" and gave me a hug. Thatpoor man is in agony and it is written all over his face. I got back in my car and came home - and I found myself crying as I drove off. They did not ask for this Hel* no matter what their family life was like.

So what do I think they should do - survive this the best they can and hope that the future brings them peace of some sort, at some time.

Misfit76
11-16-2008, 06:35 PM
I cant say what I would do since thankfully Ive never been in the situation they are in and I pray I never am.

When I try to imagine myself in thier shoes, I would say, after beating the truth out of my daughter and she still didnt tell me, I would make sure she didnt stay one more day in my house because Id end up choking the cr@p out of her on a daily basis. (and before anyone says anything about violence not being the answer, blah blah, trust me, I know this, I have never even spanked my own child) But it comes down to if I thought for one minute my adult daughter murdered a baby, yes, you would need to pull me off her. There are no words to describe what I think should be done to anyone who can kill thier own a child. The thought of showing love, providing a home or food for someone that could do this would make me physically ill.

Once I made sure the suspect was out of my house and hopefully in the custody of LE I would be out there searching any and every place that I could think of that she could be buried and I would be pleading with LE to help me. Going on tv or doing interviews or talking to anyone who wasnt an immediate family member or close friend would not be an option because the rest of my days when not looking for my Granddaughter's body and when not looking for answers would be spent laying in bed crying, a blubbering mental mess, not only for the eventual loss of my child but the obvious death of my Grandchild.

Janis396
11-16-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to post the first thing that came into my head when I saw the thread title.

If I were George and Cindy, I'd have grabbed that child (KC) by the throat and made her life HELL until she told me where my grandaughter is. Of course, that's just me and I do have a bit o' PMS working on me right now.

You got that right!! And I certainly wouldn't be calling her "sweetheart" in a phone call to the jail right after she was arrested and my grandchild was still MISSING! :furious:

MsMacGyver
11-16-2008, 07:39 PM
I would hope I would realize how important it would be to get to the truth. Right now CA is trying to save her daughter but if you think ahead what would happen if KC was found not guilty and released. Would I be prepared to live with a daughter that refuses to tell the truth. Would I be willing to live the rest of my life not knowing what happened to my grandaughter. I can see some awful things down the road for the A's if this were to happen. As hard as it might be I would hope I would be strong enough to seek out the truth. Ca doesn't realize the prison she is creating for herself by not pushing KC to the wall and find out now what happened...

diz39
11-16-2008, 07:44 PM

Bullsh*ite

LI_Mom
11-16-2008, 07:54 PM

I'm sorry to say but this sounds as if they are trying out all sorts of theories to see WHICH will have the best chance in front of Casey's jury.

Cindy & Jose have been saying for MONTHS that they already 'know' what happened BUT they can't tell anyone until the trial.

Enough with the Casey defense & let's see some ACTIVE SEARCHING FOR CAYLEE.

EmMomma
11-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Actually, yes. I had to drink special kool aid and take an exam--just to be sure I was gulllible enough to live here in Florida.

The koolaid was quite refreshing after I spent 10 hours in the woods last Sunday with sticks, thorns all over me and rattlesnakes 3 feet in front of me while I searched for this missing baby.

So, riddle me this...perhaps now I undestand why, upon asking fellow searchers if they were 'Websleuthers' the rolled their eyes and looked at me with disgust.

Were you there last weekend?

I was there...

krimekat
11-16-2008, 07:57 PM

Huh? I clearly do not understand this post! It's contradictory to what I understand about the Anthony's actions over the past few months . . .

Chilly Willy
11-16-2008, 07:59 PM

Thank you for sharing that, Erica. Sorry you were jumped on.

EmMomma
11-16-2008, 08:03 PM
I don't KNOW what I would do...here's what I HOPE I would do...

I hope I would be appreciative of everyone reaching out to help, regardless of whether or not they shared my beliefs about what happened to Caylee.

I hope I would cooperate with LE to the best of my ability, and not bash them, accuse them of not doing anything, and criticize their tactics.

I hope that I would have a friend that was good enough to tell me that I need THERAPY, and I hope that I would take that advice.

I hope that I would advocate for my 2 year old grandchild and not my pathological liar of a daughter.

I hope that I wouldn't allow my daughter to continue to run the show.

I hope that I would do everything in my power (including no longer enabling/supporting liar daughter) to get the TRUTH and find my grand child.

I hope that I would be able to see the facts, as they have been presented, and work in a PRODUCTIVE way to bring my grandchild to rest...

cleo612
11-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Something that stood out to me in Casey's interview with LE, when they were sitting in the office at Universal, was that Casey stated that she was "petrified" of her mother's reaction to Caylee being missing. Also, wasn't it discussed or rumored that on Sunday, June 15th, Cindy had actually put her hands around Casey's throat and tried to choke her? That could certainly make Casey petrified of her mother, especially if Casey were to confess doing harm to the grandbaby that Cindy basically raised as her own.

If I were Cindy, I would somehow get word to Casey that no matter what happened, I would not be mad at her, that we would get through it together, that i love her unconditionally, but that the only way for us to ever have a solid relationship would be for Casey to tell the truth. I would make sure that she knows that she has nothing to be "petrified" about as far as my reaction goes.

I don't think that Cindy has the fortitude to hear the truth from Casey or she would have already spoken those words to her instead of trying to cover for her. I firmly believe that Cindy knows that Casey did something to Caylee, she just doesn't know what, and she would rather go through the rest of her life not knowing than to hear/know the truth from her own daughter.

May Caylee Marie rest in peace. I know she is in the arms of angels.

manatee
11-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Something that stood out to me in Casey's interview with LE, when they were sitting in the office at Universal, was that Casey stated that she was "petrified" of her mother's reaction to Caylee being missing. Also, wasn't it discussed or rumored that on Sunday, June 15th, Cindy had actually put her hands around Casey's throat and tried to choke her? That could certainly make Casey petrified of her mother, especially if Casey were to confess doing harm to the grandbaby that Cindy basically raised as her own.

If I were Cindy, I would somehow get word to Casey that no matter what happened, I would not be mad at her, that we would get through it together, that i love her unconditionally, but that the only way for us to ever have a solid relationship would be for Casey to tell the truth. I would make sure that she knows that she has nothing to be "petrified" about as far as my reaction goes.

I don't think that Cindy has the fortitude to hear the truth from Casey or she would have already spoken those words to her instead of trying to cover for her. I firmly believe that Cindy knows that Casey did something to Caylee, she just doesn't know what, and she would rather go through the rest of her life not knowing than to hear/know the truth from her own daughter.
May Caylee Marie rest in peace. I know she is in the arms of angels.

I totally agree with this!

Janis396
11-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Huh? I clearly do not understand this post! It's contradictory to what I understand about the Anthony's actions over the past few months . . .

Yep, and their actions speak much louder than words.

grammieto5
11-16-2008, 08:18 PM
I can tell you what I would not do. I would not let 31 days go by without seeing Granddaughter, especially if she lived with me!

maur33
11-16-2008, 08:46 PM
I can tell you what I would not do. I would not let 31 days go by without seeing Granddaughter, especially if she lived with me!

Amen to that!

That's the first thing that I know I would have done differently and that is tracking her lazy ass down no later than 2 days after she left with my granddaughter especially knowing she had no where to live and no job. Why these people weren't alarmed a heck of alot sooner just baffles me.:confused:

TxLady2
11-16-2008, 08:50 PM
It's hard to say unless you go through it. I think they've done a lot of things wrong... or not the way most people would do them. I clearly remember the first interviews they were on, and the way they immediately asked the media to focus on finding Caylee, instead of focusing on Casey. They did seem to have a defiant attitude from the very beginning, and I think that was a mistake.
They waited too long to do anything that could have saved her life.
It would be hard for me to turn against my child no matter what, but then I can't imagine any of my children doing something so awful.
My feeling now is that they are so full of guilt and regret that they are really stuck in a black hole and can't find their way out. I agree with Cleo.... I think at this point, they don't want to know what Casey did, and they are not ready to accept Caylee being dead. They would rather keep up this charade, than to admit that Casey is guilty.

BonKai
11-16-2008, 08:58 PM
what would you be doing?

Honestly, I'm not sure I would be able to function at all. I would probably need to be sedated and possibly hospitalized.

There was a period of over a year in which I did not know where my 18 y/o son was ~ or IF he was (runaway). I HAD to keep moving forward because I also had a 7 y/o daughter at home; I had to keep it together for her. A missing persons report was filed, I prayed, I was medicated with anti-anxiety meds, I continued to work, I was in college, and I continued to search and make contacts the best I could. He did eventually contact me and I am happy to report that he is doing fine. He's 25 now.

If I had not had my young daughter at that time to keep me focused, I think I would have opted for sedation and hospitalization.

DotsEyes
11-16-2008, 09:11 PM
I would not have called LE until I beat the truth out of her and before she could hide behind her attorney. There is no way in he** I would have accepted a 31 day old kidnapping story. When I finally got the answer, I would call an attorney and a psychiatrist, have her involuntarily admitted to a psych ward and begin a temporary insanity defense. By the time LE arrived, I would be able to tell them what she did, when and how, where to locate my GD's body and that my daughter is as crazy as a loon, a drug head and has been committed to a nut house. Then I would pray that she would be deemed mentally incapable of committing a crime and get put in an asylum.

I can handle crazy, but not evil.

Chilly Willy
11-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Amen to that!

That's the first thing that I know I would have done differently and that is tracking her lazy ass down no later than 2 days after she left with my granddaughter especially knowing she had no where to live and no job. Why these people weren't alarmed a heck of alot sooner just baffles me.:confused:

How would you track her down?

Janis396
11-16-2008, 09:20 PM

Disconnect her cell phone service. She'd be at the house within hours.

Chilly Willy
11-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Disconnect her cell phone service.

Oh, that's so cruel. :)

The phone was the only way Cindy had to reach Casey, she'd be cutting of her own nose to spite her face.

BonKai
11-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Disconnect her cell phone service. She'd be at the house within hours.

Brilliant! :clap:

BonKai
11-16-2008, 09:24 PM

The phone was the only way Cindy had to reach Casey, she'd be cutting of her own nose to spite her face.

No, I agree that Casey would have been at the house within minutes of realizing her cell phone was shut off. It's brilliant!

EmMomma
11-16-2008, 09:25 PM
No, I agree that Casey would have been at the house within minutes of realizing her cell phone was shut off. It's brilliant!

Or...they could have reported the car STOLEN.

Janis396
11-16-2008, 09:26 PM

Cruel, but effective :)

It really was the only power Cindy had over Casey at that time. Take cell phone service away from her for a few hours, a day at the most, and you know Casey would show up at the house demanding to know what was going on. Then if I were Cindy, I'd say "You bring Caylee home, and your phone gets turned back on."

EmMomma
11-16-2008, 09:27 PM

It really was the only power Cindy had over Casey at that time. Take cell phone service away from her for a few hours, a day at the most, and you know Casey would show up at the house demanding to know what was going on. Then if I were Cindy, I'd say "You bring Caylee home, and your phone gets turned back on."

Accountability and consequences...what a concept. :waitasec:

Chilly Willy
11-16-2008, 09:31 PM

Was the cell phone in Cindy's name?

Janis396
11-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Was the cell phone in Cindy's name?

Don't know for sure, but I assume they were all on a Family plan to save money. I can't imagine Casey could ever have gotten a cell phone account in her own name, since they do a credit check to set up an account. No job, no income, no credit = no account. Plus, with the account in Cindy or George's name, it was guaranteed to get paid every month (or so), so Casey didn't have to worry about her service getting cut off, she just had to worry about which excuse she'd give her parents for why she couldn't come up with her share of the bill each month.

BonKai
11-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Or...they could have reported the car STOLEN.

Cindy did that, but she did it on July 15th. I believe that was her first 911 call; the car and money stolen.

I would imagine that Cindy is feeling guilty for not making that 911 call sooner.

EmMomma
11-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Cindy did that, but she did it on July 15th. I believe that was her first 911 call; the car and money stolen.

I would imagine that Cindy is feeling guilty for not making that 911 call sooner.

I'm sure she regrets not making the call sooner, along with other decisions she's made throughout the years.

It still bothers me that the money and car were mentioned before Caylee, although I suppose maybe she was trying to scare Casey into talking...

daisy7
11-16-2008, 09:48 PM
There's a sucker born every minute and I think the majority of them must live in Florida from what I've read. Do you have to be gullible to live there or something?

So, you're attacking/accusing every person in our state??

maur33
11-16-2008, 09:58 PM

Well I guess because I've done this sort of thing before that's why I say that's what I would have done. Unfortunately it isn't pretty but you go door to door to every single solitary friend and known associate and you make a heck of a lot of noise and trust me those people will be talking real quick just to get you off their back.

If that didn't work, (but it does) I would have reported my car stolen and reported her to child protective services. See the problem you are faced with is choosing between your daughter and your granddaughter and no matter how pissed off your out-of-control daughter gets (something I think cindy feared) you have to exhaust every avenue to ensure the child's safety....something I don't feel the anthony's did.

LI_Mom
11-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Don't know for sure, but I assume they were all on a Family plan to save money. I can't imagine Casey could ever have gotten a cell phone account in her own name, since they do a credit check to set up an account. No job, no income, no credit = no account. Plus, with the account in Cindy or George's name, it was guaranteed to get paid every month (or so), so Casey didn't have to worry about her service getting cut off, she just had to worry about which excuse she'd give her parents for why she couldn't come up with her share of the bill each month.

Didn't Casey have more than one phone? Did she get that one with stolen money ir did she already have it???

While I think this might have worked, Cindy MIGHT have also been frightened it would drive Casey even FURTHER AWAY plus, she probably thought it was important for Casey to have a phone for emergencies since she was with Caylee.

Maybe she could have cancelled all the extra goodies on the phone & left ONLY the phone service.

I do think Cindy & Geo. enjoyed their 'vacation' from the endless arguing & were happy to give Casey some time to calm down. Give her time to see how difficult it is to raise a child.... and maybe start to appreciate her family. Casey was an immature & selfish child, that's for sure.

Even though Casey was a liar & a thief & an obnoxious brat, I think it's important to remember we don't know whether she was ever violent or abusive in a way that would cause anyone to imagine Caylee was in terrible danger.

Even though Cindy was considering seeking custody.... it doesn't mean the family knew OR ANYONE warned them that Casey was some kind of time bomb.

I think by the time they DID start to get insistant about speaking to Caylee, it was already way too late.

ks1
11-16-2008, 10:11 PM
I would have cried crocodile tears, suspecting that my daughter disposed of my grandaughter by dumping her in gator infested water. Then, I would slice open every gator in Florida to find my granddaughter if I had to, so that the evidence could be used to prosecute my daughter.

Janis396
11-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Didn't Casey have more than one phone? Did she get that one with stolen money ir did she already have it???

While I think this might have worked, Cindy MIGHT have also been frightened it would drive Casey even FURTHER AWAY plus, she probably thought it was important for Casey to have a phone for emergencies since she was with Caylee.

Maybe she could have cancelled all the extra goodies on the phone & left ONLY the phone service.

I do think Cindy & Geo. enjoyed their 'vacation' from the endless arguing & were happy to give Casey some time to calm down. Give her time to see how difficult it is to raise a child.... and maybe start to appreciate her family. Casey was an immature & selfish child, that's for sure.

Even though Casey was a liar & a thief & an obnoxious brat, I think it's important to remember we don't know whether she was ever violent or abusive in a way that would cause anyone to imagine Caylee was in terrible danger.

Even though Cindy was considering seeking custody.... it doesn't mean the family knew OR ANYONE warned them that Casey was some kind of time bomb.

I think by the time they DID start to get insistant about speaking to Caylee, it was already way too late.

I guess I was more speaking about what I would have done under these circumstances. I would have insisted on seeing my grandaughter within a few days of my daughter taking her and leaving the house. If my daughter didn't return my calls, or didn't bring my granddaughter by, or at least let me talk to her, I would have shut off my daughter's phone (if my daughter were like Casey). It would be a temporary thing, just to force her hand. She would NOT be able to go more than a few hours without her phone, and she would definitely show up to find out what's going on. Then she would not leave there until I had proof that my granddaughter was ok. If she couldn't give it to me...then I would call the police, and have them question my daughter. It would suck to have to do it, but my concern for my granddaughter would far outweigh any other feelings about what was going on. That's what I would have done.

anastacia129
11-16-2008, 10:23 PM
I would start shopping around for other lawyers since JB obviously can't handle it. Since the A's know Caylee is dead and they know that the tips coming in are orchestrated, the game of poker they are playing can't be won. There is no Caylee at the end of this tunnel. The A's have dug themselves such a deep hole, I don't know, I guess I would just not do anything. They have done too much damage. The only way out is to do what they should have done at the beginning and get kc to talk. Tell where caylee is and try and save herself. Maybe the SA would talk to her about a deal. Get out of prison eventually. But I don't see that happening, the A's have no shame.

Short_Stuff
11-16-2008, 11:43 PM
1. I would have made Casey tell the truth or shes on her own
2. Since she didnt tell the truth, she would be out of my life ie disowned
3. I would say No comment to the media since day ONE

okiedokietoo
11-17-2008, 01:00 AM
I don't believe that KC is just sitting back reading books and having a grand old time in jail ...but I think that the thought that mom and dad are on her side is one of the few things that keep her from not telling LE the truth. I truly believe that if CA and GA (and LA) were to tell her that it's over, that they will never speak to her again for the rest of her life, that they never want to see her again unless she tells the truth - then KC would crack. But that's not going to happen, the A's saying any of that because IMO they already know that Caylee is dead and if KC were to talk to LE, well, then KC is gone bye bye to jail and the A's don't want that - everything that is being said and done by MN CA GA LA JB TB are lines out of the "keep KC out of jail" script.

magic-cat
11-17-2008, 02:07 AM
I would solemnly stare into the camera every time it was upon me (if I BELIEVED my grandchild had been kidnapped) and I would BEG and PLEAD with the kidnappers to return my precious baby. I would cry and offer the kidnappers anything that they wanted if they would just give my sweet baby back unharmed. I would be down on my knees begging them not to hurt her and to tell me what they wanted so that I could get my baby back. I would be ACTIVELY searching and be right beside the volunteers, praying all the while that I would NOT find her. I would be putting up posters on every telephone pole, every store window, every street corner. I would be in mall parking lots passing them out to every person coming and going. I would be very publicly SEEKING my grandchild if I BELIEVED she were still alive...I would be doing exactly the opposite of what George and Cindy have done from day one...

grammieto5
11-17-2008, 09:31 AM

I would have called the police in after one day of not seeing my granddaughter. If you know a person lies why ask them questions, and for sure why believe what they say.

BonKai
11-17-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm sure she regrets not making the call sooner, along with other decisions she's made throughout the years.

It still bothers me that the money and car were mentioned before Caylee, although I suppose maybe she was trying to scare Casey into talking...

I agree. At that point, I don't think Cindy thought that Caylee was in danger (or worse).

Clock's Tickin
11-17-2008, 10:20 AM
If I were George or Cindy, 31 days would never have passed..........