PDA

View Full Version : "The Best Mother in the World"

Renea
08-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Are you kidding me Cindy? You now claim that when the truth comes out your daughter will be some kind of hero for the measures she taken to protect her daughter. Really? How about never getting involved with the type of people she is involved with in the first place. How about living a good, clean , honest life, and setting an example for Caylee. There is NOTHING that you can come up with to make me think that your daughter is the best mother in the world. Even if Casey is "protecting" Caylee... there are so many better "mature" ways to go about it than cause this media hysteria.

TxRose
08-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Yea - Mother of the Year is not the award I would give her. Let's assume for a second (hard as it may be) that she is telling the truth for once and some babysitter kidnapped her and her safety is at stake. Why tell lies to the police that causes them to waste time - why not just say nothing. Why cuss at your parents who are trying to help? Why go out and party while supposedly looking for your child? Why steal money from your parents and friends? yea - that's Mother of the Year material....

Fandy
08-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Cindy's desperation is blatantly obvious. she's back-peddling.

I think it is possible that this is the advice she's been given by Casey's atty.

MIMI2
08-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Unless Cindy truly believes that Casey is protecting Caylee somehow I don't understand how she could get on national TV and even make that statement. It just boogles the mind, the things that come out of their mouths.

I have a beautiful little granddaughter that is 2 months older than Caylee and I do have some empathy for the GP's. If my little angel was missing for this long I would be out of my mind with worry...as I'm sure they are.

I would also want the story and the picture in the media as much as possible...but I would not be on there myself constantly making ignorant statements like Cindy has done since the beginning.

HappyChic727
08-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Can you say "The Petersons"?

ThoughtFox
08-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Can you say "The Petersons"?

*snort* You got that right!

I think Cindy is the sort who wants to believe the best in all possible worlds. I think she had a moment of truth when she called 911 to get the cops to lock up Casey, but she's been backpeddling ever since.

It's possible she thought the police would believe Casey - why not? She always did.

Then the cops would just blame someone instead of Casey, or that they would go off searching for Caylee and not bother them again. Sad, but possible.

HappyChic727
08-11-2008, 06:47 PM
But don't forget everyone, in the call that Cindy made to 911, she said that her daughter was missing for a month and she just found her but not her granddaughter so how did she speak with Casey all through the month if she was missing? My parents would have never cover for me like this and I'm glad that they wouldn't have - doing such enabling only ends up with more problems and in this case, a really horrible crime against a 2 year old. Boy I wish we could curse on here. I'd really be going to town right now. I have a 2 year old niece who I love and adore. I can't imagine life without her and if she was "missing" and off with a babysitter, I don't think I'd be covering up for anyone who would so much as hurt a hair on her head.

NighTillDawn
08-16-2008, 07:03 PM
CA stated that when we all find out what lengths Casey went to protect Caylee from harm we would give Casey a Mother of the Year award - Not likely to happen unless...Caylee is found and brought back alive and her alleged kidnappers are caught or ZG the babysitter/nanny. I will personally go out and buy a trophy and send it to Casey if the story she spun is true.

Firefly
08-16-2008, 07:13 PM
CA stated that when we all find out what lengths Casey went to protect Caylee from harm we would give Casey a Mother of the Year award - Not likely to happen unless...Caylee is found and brought back alive and her alleged kidnappers are caught or ZG the babysitter/nanny. I will personally go out and buy a trophy and send it to Casey if the story she spun is true.

Geesh, I would throw in a few dollars for it too. I would gladly wear egg on my face, for all the things I have said here, if Caylee is brought back to everyone who cares for her.......including us WB's....ALIVE!!! It was at this moment when Cindy said this that I lost hope....it seems she was trying to spin lies out loud for herself to believe in.

NighTillDawn
08-16-2008, 07:17 PM
[/COLOR] Geesh, I would throw in a few dollars for it too. I would gladly wear egg on my face, for all the things I have said here, if Caylee is brought back to everyone who cares for her.......including us WB's....ALIVE!!! It was at this moment when Cindy said this that I lost hope....it seems she was trying to spin lies out loud for herself to believe in.

It's just not something one would say under these circumstances. On one hand you have the grandparents saying that Caylee has been kidnapped, but then on the other hand you have George saying the other day that the kidnappers are being watched. Doesn't make any sense. Why say to the kidnappers your being watched if Caylee's life is in danger?

pixies
08-16-2008, 07:34 PM
We all want Caylee to be found safe and I really want Casey to be telling the truth. I pray she is.

ShouldBWorking
08-16-2008, 07:46 PM
will contribute

sweetmop
08-16-2008, 07:52 PM
I would love Casey's account of what happened to be the truth, and little Caylee to be found safe and sound, and Casey be awarded Mother of the Year!

It's just difficult for me to understand a mother having her child snatched from her, and possibly be in harm's way, and then go out drinking, dancing, and whoring it up(:silenced:), as if she has not a care in the world!

Her actions just don't equal mother of the year material.
At least not to me.
just my opinion.

NighTillDawn
08-16-2008, 07:55 PM
I would love Casey's account of what happened to be the truth, and little Caylee to be found safe and sound, and Casey be awarded Mother of the Year!

It's just difficult for me to understand a mother having her child snatched from her, and possibly be in harm's way, and then go out drinking, dancing, and whoring it up(:silenced:), as if she has not a care in the world!

Her actions just don't equal mother of the year material.
At least not to me.
just my opinion.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Ditto, but all we want if for Caylee to be back home, so if Casey has been protecting Caylee like she claims, then she deserves an award, even if her actions have spoken otherwise.

MaggieMom
08-16-2008, 08:05 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Ditto, but all we want if for Caylee to be back home, so if Casey has been protecting Caylee like she claims, then she deserves an award, even if her actions have spoken otherwise.

Yup, I'll kick in for the trophy. Who should present it? ZG? :crazy:

NighTillDawn
08-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Yup, I'll kick in for the trophy. Who should present it? ZG? :crazy:

To cute MaggieMom:D
ZG would be like :doh: Please, I dont deserve such an honor

MaggieMom
08-16-2008, 08:28 PM
To cute MaggieMom:D
ZG would be like :doh: Please, I dont deserve such an honor

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

MD MOMMY
08-16-2008, 08:31 PM
I would fly out to Orlando to take Casey and Caylee on a 10 day cruise- personally if she is found ALIVE..I wonder if that would make her talk??? OH YEAH and DRINKS ARE ON ME! I will also supply her with a new phone and as many pizzas as she can eat.

NighTillDawn
08-16-2008, 08:53 PM
I would fly out to Orlando to take Casey and Caylee on a 10 day cruise- personally if she is found ALIVE..I wonder if that would make her talk??? OH YEAH and DRINKS ARE ON ME! I will also supply her with a new phone and as many pizzas as she can eat.

Don't forget to take lots of pics and share. I especially want the pics of Casey doing this :Banane34: and :sick:

MD MOMMY
08-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Don't forget to take lots of pics and share. I especially want the pics of Casey doing this :Banane34: and :sick:

Yes and I'll post them all over myspace..If her head goes anywhere near the toilet I won't hesitate to flush.

NighTillDawn
08-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes and I'll post them all over myspace..If her head goes anywhere near the toilet I won't hesitate to flush.

:D too funny

Angelonline
08-16-2008, 11:02 PM
:laugh:Yes and I'll post them all over myspace..If her head goes anywhere near the toilet I won't hesitate to flush.
:woohoo:

Great Idea!

manatee
08-16-2008, 11:04 PM
It's just not something one would say under these circumstances. On one hand you have the grandparents saying that Caylee has been kidnapped, but then on the other hand you have George saying the other day that the kidnappers are being watched. Doesn't make any sense. Why say to the kidnappers your being watched if Caylee's life is in danger?

yeah. this made absolutely no sence. Casey can talk because of the kidnappers but george lets the kidnappers know that they know who they are and that he has people watching them....what????

txsvicki
08-16-2008, 11:14 PM
I'd give Casey nothing even if Caylee is found alive, which I doubt. I've got no use for people who lie, steal, manipulate, and treat their mother's like crap.

NighTillDawn
08-16-2008, 11:23 PM
I'd give Casey nothing even if Caylee is found alive, which I doubt. I've got no use for people who lie, steal, manipulate, and treat their mother's like crap.

No one has use for Casey, all we want is Caylee found, most hopefully alive.

Saffron
08-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Cindy is going through a horrific situation. But, if she really believes that Casey is being heroic and sitting in jail to protect her kidnapped daughter, then Cindy's not letting herself think it through. If she thought it through, she'd realize that, if Caylee was actually kidnapped and Casey felt she had to search on her own, then when Cindy found out, Casey surely would have broken down and explained things through tears and sobbing, describing how frightened and helpless she had been the past month. Who better than Cindy, who loves Caylee dearly, to share her grief? Then, the same emotion would probably come out with the police as she felt the relief of not being in this alone anymore and finally having help in her search.

Sadly, Casey's indifference toward Caylee, lack of compassion for Cindy, and defensiveness about herself leave little hope that the kidnapping story is true.

kpass
08-17-2008, 12:12 AM
How sad that these poor grandparents are in such D E N I A L! I know in my heart that poor little baby is dead. C'mon, it doesn't take a genius to figure it out!

sweetmop
08-17-2008, 12:26 AM
Cindy is going through a horrific situation. But, if she really believes that Casey is being heroic and sitting in jail to protect her kidnapped daughter, then Cindy's not letting herself think it through. If she thought it through, she'd realize that, if Caylee was actually kidnapped and Casey felt she had to search on her own, then when Cindy found out, Casey surely would have broken down and explained things through tears and sobbing, describing how frigthened and helpless she had been the past month. Who better than Cindy, who loves Caylee dearly, to share her grief? Then, the same emotion would probably come out with the police as she felt the relief of not being in this alone anymore and finally having help in her search.

Sadly, Casey's indifference toward Caylee, lack of compassion for Cindy, and defensiveness about herself leave little hope that the kidnapping story is true.

You hit the nail on the head!
Yes, Casey didn't plan all her reactions out real well, did she?:no:

Sunshinegirl
08-17-2008, 01:19 AM

I DO hope that Caylee is found alive. I however would NOT praise Casey for anything! As a matter of fact I would want to :other_beatingA_Dead:trout: smack her around a few times for putting such a beautiful innocent child through such an ordeal... :snooty:

NighTillDawn
08-17-2008, 01:25 AM
I DO hope that Caylee is found alive. I however would NOT praise Casey for anything! As a matter of fact I would want to :other_beatingA_Dead:trout: smack her around a few times for putting such a beautiful innocent child through such an ordeal... :snooty:

Ouch that gotta hurt.

Look if Casey's story is true, which we all doubt, why not give her the Mother of the Year award like Cindy wants us to? I'll be willing, why not? But it wont happen, you know that, I know that, Cindy knows that, and Casey definitely knows that.

newtv
08-17-2008, 02:50 AM
The way she talks from jail-the way she behaves in those night clubs would eliminate her from my list no matter what else happens.
Mothers need to care enough to be home at night and in the morning..and not be out more nights of the week than not.
She talked to her own family like they were garbage..no way this is someone who should get any vote as MOY..
I dont blame cindy at all for supporting her..but that particular comment is over-the -top delusional.

MD MOMMY
08-17-2008, 11:48 AM

Of course it would never happen which is why I woud be willing to take her on a cruise..

Fandy
08-17-2008, 11:56 AM
These type of statements made by the GP are precisely why the Anthony's need someone to speak for them to the media. that particular statement will haunt Cindy forever if the turns out Caylee is gone.

Cagney
09-10-2008, 02:07 PM
If Casey was the mother of the year, why then did Cindy and George consider going for custody of Caylee?

I have two opposing theories of my own but I'd like to hear what others think.

monoxide
09-10-2008, 02:09 PM
She was mother of the year for taking Caylee out of this very cruel world?

Arwen
09-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Now you understand why no one should believe ANYTHING these people say...

Cagney
09-10-2008, 02:21 PM
lol yes I have understood for a good long time now, I am just interested in what people might think the Anthony's would say if presented with these two incredibly opposing statements that they have made.

monoxide
09-10-2008, 02:22 PM
I can't wait for the court trial! They cannot lie on the stand unless they want to be in big big trouble

memorylane01
09-10-2008, 02:23 PM
If Casey was the mother of the year, why then did Cindy and George consider going for custody of Caylee?

I would bet that it was either:

1) they were afraid that once she finally did move out (if she ever did) that they would never see Caylee again because good mother or not, she would be so angry that she would not bring her around.

OR

2) they figured since they were responsible for her 90% of the time, they may as well have custody and claim her on thier taxes.

OH! i just thought of something else... maybe they KNEW KC didn't have a job and wanted to have legal custody to put Caylee on thier health insurance?? Maybe a bill came to the house for a doctor visit and they questioned why her insurance didn't pay or tried to call the doctor's office to find out why it didn't pay? since she wasnt enrolled in school or daycare she would not have been required to have her shots, but i would think that CA being a nurse would make sure she had them. Then again, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for anything this family says or does these days. I would imagine that Caylee was bound to get sick at least once and have to see someone.

Sleuth5
09-10-2008, 06:56 PM
I would bet that it was either:

1) they were afraid that once she finally did move out (if she ever did) that they would never see Caylee again because good mother or not, she would be so angry that she would not bring her around.

OR

2) they figured since they were responsible for her 90% of the time, they may as well have custody and claim her on thier taxes.

OH! i just thought of something else... maybe they KNEW KC didn't have a job and wanted to have legal custody to put Caylee on thier health insurance?? Maybe a bill came to the house for a doctor visit and they questioned why her insurance didn't pay or tried to call the doctor's office to find out why it didn't pay? since she wasnt enrolled in school or daycare she would not have been required to have her shots, but i would think that CA being a nurse would make sure she had them. Then again, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for anything this family says or does these days. I would imagine that Caylee was bound to get sick at least once and have to see someone.

Cagney, in my opinion Cindy only made the "Mother of the Year" statement to protect her own reputation. There is clearly a lot of friction between the two of them, and we know there was a major blowup prior to Caylee's disappearance. We don't have to do a lot of speculating about whether that sort of thing had happened before, given the information we've got now about Casey's past. I think Cindy did have every intention of taking Caylee away from Casey and had probably threatened Casey with it more than once before the big fight -- the details of which we still really don't have and probably won't until the trial.

As to the possibility that Casey was remotely responsible enough to be taking Caylee for medical care on her own, I don't buy that. I imagine she had concocted some tale about why she wasn't insured by her employer, etc. Just speculation, and you may be right -- but Casey seems far too irresponsible -- not to mention broke-- for Cindy to have trusted medical care for her grandchild to, you know? I just can't help but feel that there is a lotwe have yet to hear about the turmoil in this family. I think there is a long and very contentious history between Casey and her Mom, and its all going to come out in the trial.

commongrackle
09-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I can't wait for the court trial! They cannot lie on the stand unless they want to be in big big trouble

Yeah, do you think that people ALWAYS tell the truth on the stand? Pshh.

Prayin_4_Grace
09-10-2008, 07:19 PM

I am sure she will say there is no evidence that proves she was ever going to try and get custody of Caylee and that Casey is an excellent mother and she has maintained that all along!! Absolutely!! Also, air samples are hocus pocus! :crazy:

McNugget
09-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Now you understand why no one should believe ANYTHING these people say...

My thoughts exactly. My only question regarding this matter is why Cindy changed her mind and is now adamantly defending Casey.

Law_girl41
09-10-2008, 07:41 PM
My thoughts exactly. My only question regarding this matter is why Cindy changed her mind and is now adamantly defending Casey.

OH OH OH, I know why.............ITS because SHE has compelling reasons that cannot be reveiled because she is in danger?? Is that it??

I am really starting to dislike these people the more the contradict themselves! The are starting to remind me of my Next door neighbors! :furious:

Prayin_4_Grace
09-10-2008, 07:57 PM
OH OH OH, I know why.............ITS because SHE has compelling reasons that cannot be reveiled because she is in danger?? Is that it??

I am really starting to dislike these people the more the contradict themselves! The are starting to remind me of my Next door neighbors! :furious:

Absolutely! :)

I hate that word now!!!

LCoastMom
09-10-2008, 09:37 PM
From what I have been told in the past, Fl is not the state you want to live in if you want to gain Grandparents rights. Unless the parents have been convicted of a felony in crimes that directly pertain to the child the grandparents are not going to win.

The courts are very reluctant to grant even visitation to grandparents if it is against the wishes of the parents.

This makes me wonder what grounds the As were going to use to obtain custody of Caylee, prior to the charges KC currently faces. And why the glowing compliments of KC as a mother when all this started...

Truthwillsetufree
09-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Absolutely! :)

I hate that word now!!!

Me too..Definately.

Gummishoe
09-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Ok my thoughts, she has admitted she would have taken Caylee away, which means she also admitted that KC was unfit, or Caylee was either in danger or neglected or both. If knowing that this child was being abused and not reporting this can Cindy also be liable for not reporting her daughter's unacceptable behavior? I am sure they will ask Cindy why did you want to adopt this child?
<Pondering> :too much info::too much info:

SFW
09-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Is there any possible scenario that would justify even the thought of this?

The amount of denial in the Anthony household is staggering. However, I do somewhat understand why they protect Casey, but I do not understand why they would ever do this in any instance that would jeopardize finding their grandaughter (i.e., deter LE efforts, diminish search efforts of any kind, etc.)

Cindy's actions go above and beyond just shielding Casey. Even in instances where she could simply protect her daughter she has chosen to lie in order to "paint" a better picture.

She said that Casey would not tell LE the truth or visit with them while she was in jail because Casey was worried that the family would be at risk. Isn't being at home simply enough to raise the risk factor for the family? Wouldn't the Casey that Cindy has portrayed want to stay in jail to help protect the family? Wouldn't she be willing to sacrifice a life time in prison for her daughter? Like every other normal mother out there.

I know from reading these boards that you should never use logic when discussing Casey's actions but it is seriously obsurd.

It's almost like that Anthony's have fallen for so many lies from Casey throughout the years that they can't believe the public does not fall for them as well.

Bobby62
09-12-2008, 09:18 AM

Since George knows where she is, who has her, and has them under surveillance, I think they should just go pick her up now. Then Casey could tell this wonderful story, with all it's verifiable facts and we can get that trophy. George, contact me. I have some US Marine buddies that specialize in this type of rescue.

websurfer
09-12-2008, 09:30 AM
until Caylee is found
it is TPC

The Perfect Crime/coverup

Vegas Bride
09-12-2008, 09:42 AM
imo the mother of the year award statement is so over the top, why not have simply stated that she believed in her daughters innocence and in the end we will all see it to! Casey's story is way over the top also. So much spinning with the nanny story, now the script etc. Why so much added drama?
There's just no common sense. If Casey had simply stated that she'd taken her daughter to the beach and had turned her back for a minute and Caylee had disappeared, people would buy that much better, then it would have been wondered, did she drown? was she abducted? there would have been more doubt. inventing a nanny just proves she's lying. Why does everything have to be so over the top with them?

VB

ps.
a mother of the year award needs to be earned imo, to earn that the mother would have done certain things towards building a secure future for her child. Graduating from highschool would be a priority, if you can't do that, then get your ged. Then work towards getting a real job that earns real money. She also would not be stealing money from her grandmother and her friend then using some of that money to buy her new boyfriend groceries she can cook for him while her daughter is "missing"

VB

canuluvsum1unevrmet
09-12-2008, 09:59 AM
I think we should start our own Defense fund for "The Mother of the Year".

On behalf of The Half-Truth organization, I would like to donate the following items to be auctioned off and all proceeds go to the KC defense fund:

2008 model of "Zanny the Nanny"
included are: sister Sam, mother Gloria and step-dad Victor
lots of other exciting accessories also included

I would encourage others to donate for this wonderful cause!

Kolchak
09-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Is is possible that Casey is working for the C.I.A. and using Caylee for an undercover sting? Maybe this would explain the "Mother Of The Year" comment.

I wonder if Carl Rove and Valerie Plame are involved as well.

OMG!! I just solved this case!!! Alert the media!

Fandy
09-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Is is possible that Casey is working for the C.I.A. and using Caylee for an undercover sting? Maybe this would explain the "Mother Of The Year" comment.

I wonder if Carl Rove and Valerie Plame are involved as well.

OMG!! I just solved this case!!! Alert the media!

better yet, post this over in the Casey is Alive thread....they will run with this theory.....:woohoo:

Kolchak
09-12-2008, 11:37 AM
until Caylee is found
it is TPC

The Perfect Crime/coverup

TPC at Sawgrass That is a big golf tournament for the PGA.

Now it has a new meaning!!!!!!!! :eek:

Betty Boop
09-12-2008, 11:59 AM
If Florida has the death penalty, perhaps the award will be given posthumously!

Gummishoe
09-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Here's the picture...that says it all

Sorry I just had to..

magic-cat
05-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Now that Caylee HAS been found, and NOT alive as had been hoped, and right around the corner from her mom's house, and with DUCT TAPE on her head...I wonder how this Mother of the Year Award remark is sitting with Cindy NOW?

Seebra
05-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Now that Caylee HAS been found, and NOT alive as had been hoped, and right around the corner from her mom's house, and with DUCT TAPE on her head...I wonder how this Mother of the Year Award remark is sitting with Cindy NOW?

Oh, most likely still stands, knowing Cindy.

We are stupid hillbillies - we don't know what they know, and that is what KC told them - and it is the word of their daughter, and how DARE we doubt it.

Lying IS NOT A CRIME, MAGIC CAT!!!!!!!

Vegas Bride
05-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Oh, most likely still stands, knowing Cindy.

We are stupid hillbillies - we don't know what they know, and that is what KC told them - and it is the word of their daughter, and how DARE we doubt it.

Lying IS NOT A CRIME, MAGIC CAT!!!!!!!

I don't know. By Cindy's appearance in court the other day, Imo things do not look well for her. It's been almost a solid year now that she's been dealing with this, and even before Caylee disappeared she was dealing with a lot. Slowly I think she is giving up the fight. Walking into the court a reporter asked questions, she had nothing to say, quite different from how she was talking so much last year!
She can't say what she knows and believes now because it will help put more nails in Caseys coffin.

On a side note, I wonder how they would ever handle things if justice came quickly and Casey was found guilty, given the death sentence and actually was executed, do you think they'd have a funeral and bury her or would she end up in teddy bears and jewelry?

VB

Searchfortruth
05-29-2009, 10:58 PM
I don't know. By Cindy's appearance in court the other day, Imo things do not look well for her. It's been almost a solid year now that she's been dealing with this, and even before Caylee disappeared she was dealing with a lot. Slowly I think she is giving up the fight. Walking into the court a reporter asked questions, she had nothing to say, quite different from how she was talking so much last year!
She can't say what she knows and believes now because it will help put more nails in Caseys coffin.

On a side note, I wonder how they would ever handle things if justice came quickly and Casey was found guilty, given the death sentence and actually was executed, do you think they'd have a funeral and bury her or would she end up in teddy bears and jewelry?

VBI had not even thought of that...what would Cindy and George do with Casey's remains if she was put to death, cremation like Caylee or a burial with a gravestone ? I tend to think they would have her buried. I believe they had Caylee cremated because they didn't want any more attention brought to her death and the circumstances surrounding it.

magic-cat
05-29-2009, 11:41 PM
One thing that is so alarming about this particular statement to me is that Casey told Lee that Cindy was continually calling her an unfit mother. So how did she get from thinking her daughter was unfit to raise a child to announcing her to the world to be in line for the mother of the year award? To me that is SCARY that one could carry delusion THAT far...I mean, Cindy HAD to know that things would come out, people would talk, and that the police would discover that Casey was the furtherest thing from Mother of the Year that there IS...so why did she DO that? Why say something that is so easily disproven? I just don't get Cindy on this one...heck, I don't get Cindy on any of them honestly!

jjgram
05-29-2009, 11:51 PM
One thing that is so alarming about this particular statement to me is that Casey told Lee that Cindy was continually calling her an unfit mother. So how did she get from thinking her daughter was unfit to raise a child to announcing her to the world to be in line for the mother of the year award? To me that is SCARY that one could carry delusion THAT far...I mean, Cindy HAD to know that things would come out, people would talk, and that the police would discover that Casey was the furtherest thing from Mother of the Year that there IS...so why did she DO that? Why say something that is so easily disproven? I just don't get Cindy on this one...heck, I don't get Cindy on any of them honestly!

*** Hey.... there magiccat...
I think...
JMO
CA says.... she Bad... She did not graduate...She has No $ $ MONEY !
She is crazy... she is a SocPath ( KC )

but............. CA can say these things...
But............. KC is CA Daughter..........

B * U * T * ~ ~ ~ Don't you... ANYONE ELSE ....
dare to say a thing....
It's OK if CA says it...
It's N* O * T ~ ok if anyone else says it...

JUST SAY'N....
JMO

God Bless !
jjgram

" It happens All the Time With Parents ! ! !"

akashana
06-01-2009, 05:13 AM
I feel that when Cindy was spouting the Mother of the Year bs she was engaging in a kind of magical thinking transference and she actually meant that she, Cindy, was like a Mother of the Year for protecting her daughter, Casey. I think Cindy has or had a lot of her self esteem tied into others' perception of her as a good mother. IMHO, this was the basis of her denial of KC's advanced pregnancy at Rick's wedding, and why she is loathe to discuss or admit that KC had as long history or thefts from her family. Lots of parents live vicariously through their children's sports victories, academic achievements, popularity, etc. But KC didn't really give her a lot to be proud of to others. After the theft from her grandfather's account was uncovered, even the family knew what she was up to and it had to humiliate Cindy to her core. I think she desperately tried to put up a front and hide the sad truth from her friends and family. Appearances seem to be what motivates this family rather than substance. I feel sorry for her to the extent that it must have been excruciating to have her family members turn their backs on her due to her inability to acknowledge the reality of the situation, but my sympathies don't extend to forgiving her behavior. I don't see Cindy as a woman with much self-awareness at all. If she were self aware, she would have long ago realized how off-putting her public stance on the matter is, and to what great detriment it is for KC and the family as a whole. Her attitude alienates people, and then that further isolates her from those who could offer comfort or solidarity. And what's even sadder is that I'm not sure that even now, almost a year into this saga, she has yet to grasp that and act accordingly.

doogiesgirl
06-01-2009, 07:20 AM

This is along the same line of what I think of Ca being able to tell others that KC is not pregnant--"with a straight face, in all seriousness" even with a seven month pregnant KC standing beside her. There is something very "off" about that when it comes to CA. I mean she is completely whacko or she has some kind of God complex where she believes that all she needs to do it speak it to make it true or she thinks the rest of the world are idiots. Maybe all of the above. Man.....thats messed up! JMO

doogiesgirl
06-01-2009, 07:27 AM
And if CA didn't really believe it when KC told her she wasn't pregnant but went along with it anyway just coz KC seemed to want her to. Did she never wonder the reasons behind why KC would continue lying even when it was obvious? Did Ca not question that if KC could do that at seven months that their could be something emotionally, mentally wrong with KC? I just can't get past the pregnancy thing with this family! And the four of them all seem to buy into this fantasy world! This is a big red flag to me regarding this family. JMO

Chiquita71
05-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Hello WS :)

JG: Is, there was two, there's two different types of what if scenarios that have gone through my head in regards two what could have happened to uh, Caylee. Uhm, because I'll, I'll say this for the record. Uhm, I don't believe Caylee at any point in time would have ever hurt Caylee on purpose and I, I , there's no way that I, I personally could ever foresee her doing that. Uhm, I do believe that there are times where Casey would leave Caylee unattended to do things. Get on the computer, talk on the phone. And at that point...
LE: And where would she be unattended? Where, in...
JG: Caylee, Caylee would usually, she would hang out in the living room while Casey was in the computer room or sometimes Casey would go outside and played with Caylee a lot and then she'd also be playing with the dogs. Uh, she let Caylee play in her playpen while she'd go do something. So, it, there, there were plenty of times where I could have foreseen, because we both know with children something quick can happen. I mean Caylee was somebody who you know liked picking up rocks and putting them in her mouth or, or you know, dog food was another thing that she used to use. And Caylee at any point could have picked one of those things up, asphyxiated and died. It wouldn't take that long for a child that small to asphyxiate and die.
LE: So you're talking the time frames that Casey would leave her alone from time are lengthy?
JG: I mean yeah. I mean again, uhm...

Yes, JG does say he can't ever see Casey hurting Caylee on purpose, but who would have thought she was capable of that? JG does let us know that Casey was capable of hurting Caylee by leaving her unattended.

Jesse is not a mother but even he knows and expects LE to understand that children that age need to be watched every second because who knows what they will do? Yes, JG you are 100% correct. Everyone knows that, and Casey knew that too but she did not care. She was too busy on the computer and on the phone to watch her daughter.

CA: I mean Casey's always been the type of mom that's you know just perfect. I mean no signs of anything and I mean I lived with her...
(skip)
CA: I mean they lived with us she was a loving mother and you now I hope that apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I mean I've always felt that I've been an excellent mom with the kids and was very nurturing and I saw that the, my daughter and that's why I know um, no way did she do any harm.

Cindy, perfect mothers do not leave their child unattended. EVER.

:twocents:

Angelmuse
05-25-2010, 06:48 PM

JG: Is, there was two, there's two different types of what if scenarios that have gone through my head in regards two what could have happened to uh, Caylee. Uhm, because I'll, I'll say this for the record. Uhm, I don't believe Caylee at any point in time would have ever hurt Caylee on purpose and I, I , there's no way that I, I personally could ever foresee her doing that. Uhm, I do believe that there are times where Casey would leave Caylee unattended to do things. Get on the computer, talk on the phone. And at that point...
LE: And where would she be unattended? Where, in...
JG: Caylee, Caylee would usually, she would hang out in the living room while Casey was in the computer room or sometimes Casey would go outside and played with Caylee a lot and then she'd also be playing with the dogs. Uh, she let Caylee play in her playpen while she'd go do something. So, it, there, there were plenty of times where I could have foreseen, because we both know with children something quick can happen. I mean Caylee was somebody who you know liked picking up rocks and putting them in her mouth or, or you know, dog food was another thing that she used to use. And Caylee at any point could have picked one of those things up, asphyxiated and died. It wouldn't take that long for a child that small to asphyxiate and die.
LE: So you're talking the time frames that Casey would leave her alone from time are lengthy?
JG: I mean yeah. I mean again, uhm...

Yes, JG does say he can't ever see Casey hurting Caylee on purpose, but who would have thought she was capable of that? JG does let us know that Casey was capable of hurting Caylee by leaving her unattended.

Jesse is not a mother but even he knows and expects LE to understand that children that age need to be watched every second because who knows what they will do? Yes, JG you are 100% correct. Everyone knows that, and Casey knew that too but she did not care. She was too busy on the computer and on the phone to watch her daughter.

CA: I mean Casey's always been the type of mom that's you know just perfect. I mean no signs of anything and I mean I lived with her...
(skip)
CA: I mean they lived with us she was a loving mother and you now I hope that apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I mean I've always felt that I've been an excellent mom with the kids and was very nurturing and I saw that the, my daughter and that's why I know um, no way did she do any harm.

Cindy, perfect mothers do not leave their child unattended. EVER.

BBM

Very well said! Plus there is no such thing as a perfect mother...nothing and nobody is perfect. The exagerated statement from Cindy just makes it even harder to believe anything she says.

JMO

Chiquita71
05-25-2010, 06:57 PM
BBM

Very well said! Plus there is no such thing as a perfect mother...nothing and nobody is perfect. The exagerated statement from Cindy just makes it even harder to believe anything she says.

JMO

BBM

ITA. With this statement by JG we also know he told his father that Casey left Caylee unattended while he was there. RG states this in his interview with LE. Angelmuse, you are totally right, there are no perfect mothers and for Cindy to even suggest as much is insulting to the human race. IMHO.

The kind of "unattended" we are talking about here is not the normal, mom went to run and answer the phone real quick...or a neighbor is at the door and baby is in their playpen...

Jesse says it all, he tells LE that Casey left her daughter unattended during his thinking of how Caylee could have DIED. IMHO, it happened all the time. Casey was jealous that Caylee liked Cindy more(SP interview and RP interview confirm) and it is no wonder because Casey only paid attention to Caylee when she was "performing" "perfect mom." :furious:

...js...

kbl8201
05-25-2010, 10:39 PM
im assuming when she made those comments, she believed poor caylee would never be found, hence, these idiotic theories about casey 'protecting' caylee would never be disproved.

its just amazing the lengths these people will go to cover for the killer of there grandaughter.

Aedrys
05-25-2010, 11:03 PM
I just don't get how she could even make that statement. Casey didn't work to buy her child clothes, put a roof over her head, pay for any needed medical care, or anything a good mother actually does. She was basically Caylee's nanny when Cindy didn't want to watch her, and she was a horrible nanny at that. Cindy was the one who was the only mother to Caylee.

So what, Cindy? After everything you did for Caylee, you're willing to say that Casey was a perfect mother? For doing WHAT exactly? She did NOTHING for Caylee, and would rather party than take care of her child. I just don't get her thinking, unless she thought she had to say those things because if Casey did do this, that is a reflection on what a bad mother Cindy was. Therefore, no matter Casey does, Cindy can't find fault with her because fault with Casey is fault with Cindy. It seems to me that Cindy is so narcisstic she WILL NOT believe that Casey is a bad child because that would make her bad mother.

I hate to break it to you, Cindy, but you are a bad mother. You let your child escape consequences so much she thought she could get away with murder. You never held her to a standard, or made sure she had morals, or did anything to help her become a productive citizen of society. You just let her do what she wanted, when she wanted, and forcing motherhood on her was the exact worst thing you could have done - and poor Caylee paid the price.

And FYI, the best mothers in the world are far too humble to admit it. They just work their fingers to the bone, are there for their children, and are selfless as they always put their children FIRST. They do not let their children spiral out of control and become the most entitled, egotistical, and lazy people in the world. They do not act like total idiots in defending their bad child, do not blame innocent people for what their bad child has done, and do not thumb their nose at the law every chance they get. In sum, the best mothers in the world don't ever have to say they are, they just are.

The fact that Cindy even said Casey was a good mother means she already knew what Casey had done and using MOTY as a rationalization as to why Casey must be innocent.

And oh yeah, the best mothers in the world love their children, not murder them when they are tired of taking care of them. The best mothers in the world never stop being mothers, no matter how hard life gets.

kbl8201
05-25-2010, 11:13 PM
ever since last august anytime i think of casey i automatically think of jaycee and everything she endured, and yet, somehow, she managed to be as good a mom as possible when she wasnt even allowed to tell them she was there mom.

casey is the anti-jaycee. she had everything given to her on a silver platter and she ends up murdering her daughter and throwing her away like garbage.

and yet cindy, and casey herself in her letters, thinks 'she's a great mom'.

yeah. i got a bridge to sell ya.

Mrs G Norris
05-26-2010, 08:03 AM
This video describes casey's parenting style perfectly IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=807kMNkVl0k&feature=youtube_gdata

Creepy.

Angelmuse
05-26-2010, 06:05 PM
ever since last august anytime i think of casey i automatically think of jaycee and everything she endured, and yet, somehow, she managed to be as good a mom as possible when she wasnt even allowed to tell them she was there mom.

casey is the anti-jaycee. she had everything given to her on a silver platter and she ends up murdering her daughter and throwing her away like garbage.

and yet cindy, and casey herself in her letters, thinks 'she's a great mom'.

yeah. i got a bridge to sell ya.

Absolutely! No job...no intention of getting a job to provide for her child. Casey spent most of her time looking for a man!

miss plum
05-26-2010, 06:37 PM
The Time Magazine Man of the Year for 1938 was Adolf Hitler, and in 1939 Joseph Stalin was awarded the title. It is given to the person who "for better or for worse, ...has done the most to influence the events of the year."
This is what I think of when I read about KC being the Mother of the Year for 2008.

Just Jayla
05-27-2010, 12:33 AM
These days, I am not as offended at CA proclaiming KC as "the best" as I am offended at her referring to KC as a "mother."

I did things in my late teens that would make KC blush-but the day I confirmed my pregnancy, it all ended, my life was no longer just about me-THAT is what mothers do, they take the passion and fearlessness of their old selves and refocus that energy into their child. And when grandma interferes in front of the child, a good mother pulls grandma aside and tells her that undermining her mothering is inappropriate.
KC was not in a position to put aside her wants, KC was not in a position to make CA back off because if CA didn't mother and house Caylee, who would?
The best mother Caylee could have had is the mother Caylee never got-In spite of CA's selfish desires (and she is not by far the only grandmother on Earth that has made the error of believing they should raise their grandchild when mom fails mission), the best thing to do would have been to give Caylee to a family that wanted her so desperately, and there are many out there-KC would have been mother of the year if she had given Caylee up for adoption.

affinity
05-27-2010, 01:00 AM
I just listened to part of Richard Grund's interview. In it he states that "Caylee was Casey's world" (or something very similar to that). He said Casey's life revolved around Caylee.

THAT was said to a police officer WHILE he was also explaining that he KNEW the Anthony's were trying to frame his son, Jesse! So he has to be telling the truth (that in his opinion KC doted on Caylee and lived her life "around" her) ...(???)

This is another reason why I tend to think the "accident that snowballed" is a possibility. How DO we explain that so many people thought KC was a great mother??

Mrs G Norris
05-27-2010, 01:10 AM
I just listened to part of Richard Grund's interview. In it he states that "Caylee was Casey's world" (or something very similar to that). He said Casey's life revolved around Caylee.

THAT was said to a police officer WHILE he was also explaining that he KNEW the Anthony's were trying to frame his son, Jesse! So he has to be telling the truth (that in his opinion KC doted on Caylee and lived her life "around" her) ...(???)

This is another reason why I tend to think the "accident that snowballed" is a possibility. How DO we explain that so many people thought KC was a great mother??

This is the thing that used to drive me NUTS about this case! But if that was true why didn't she just cave in when LE gave her that 'out' in their interviews. I think she couldn't use the accident excuse during her interviews because she knew that the minute they found the body that they would find the duct tape which couldn't possibly fit any accident scenario.

Perhaps people just thought Casey was a great mother because when she was around other adults she had her mask of sanity on.

miss plum
05-27-2010, 01:14 AM

I would explain it by factoring in how external appearances matter more than anything to the Anthony family. i have no doubt that RG, and others, saw a great performance of maternal love from KC. Unfortunately the heinous charges against her are for deeds that took place when no one else was watching.

Eric's_Iguana
05-27-2010, 02:23 AM
The only problem, in my opinion, with the accident theory is KC's behavior during the 31 days. If she'd been sitting around moping and acting sad, it would make a little sense. But, partying? To me, that screams premeditation.

LinasK
05-27-2010, 02:36 AM
The only problem, in my opinion, with the accident theory is KC's behavior during the 31 days. If she'd been sitting around moping and acting sad, it would make a little sense. But, partying? To me, that screams premeditation.
Yup, she acts very similarly to Scott Peterson (although he at least hung out at the Search Centers), but when the cameras were off- he was drinking, partying, golfing...

zoey
05-27-2010, 07:26 AM
I would explain it by factoring in how external appearances matter more than anything to the Anthony family. i have no doubt that RG, and others, saw a great performance of maternal love from KC. Unfortunately the heinous charges against her are for deeds that took place when no one else was watching.

ITA---especially the "performance" part --- It is amazing what you can do for your child when others are watching vs. not watching....we always hear about criminals being such good people and the shock over what they just did ---- I think her MOTY award was just that a performance ---- gotta also keep in mind the one who assigned her that title is ca and she was planningon taking away Caylee--and thought her psychotic along with other things I'm sure....I do pity little Caylee --- couldn't have been fun!

LiveLaughLuv
05-27-2010, 08:28 AM

I too just relistened to RG's interview..remember, this was when ICA was a "new" mother. Something happened after she and JG broke off the engagement. After she went back to live full time at the Anthony home, she found "new" friends. According to JG, ICA told him, he loved Caylee more than he loved her. She should have been thrilled that JG was still willing to marry her and be a dad to Caylee, even when the paternity test proved he was not the father..JMHO

I believe she was a doting mother, until the novelty wore off. Caylee was beginning to speak, Caylee was getting alllll the attention, Caylee became the center of CA/GA's world, taking all the attention away from ICA. In her devious mind, Caylee was taking too much of her attention away. CA wanted more from ICA. She wanted her to settle down, be a better parent. Then I think, CA will not give all the details on why she was threatening ICA with her getting custody of Caylee. Much is missing from that aspect. I dont' recall her explaining to anyone why she and George wanted custody of Caylee. A huge piece of the puzzle is missing...JMHO

Then I think about TonyL's statement to her about wanting sons not daughters, not wanting Caylee around his "flop" house environment (which I too believe). I think about how TonyL told LE, she just started shacking up with me...basically moved herself in, playing housewife..I do believe ICA longed for a good homelife, just didn't go about it correctly. She wanted to be loved, feel loved but again, priorities change when a child comes into your life. I don't feel ICA put Caylee's needs before hers...she lost her freedom, mom was refusing to babysit, I feel when CA changed course, ICA saw that as betrayal, for mom told me when I had my baby, everything would be okay!

ICA may have been a doting mother, in the beginning but the novelty of being a mother had worn off...especially after meeting these new friends who had no children, no one to tie them down, they were free to come and go as they pleased but ICA didn't fit into that scene with a baby in tow...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

SuperChick
05-27-2010, 03:24 PM
Having survived a mother with narcissistic personality disorder, I can tell you from first hand experience that they are adept at seeming to be the most doting, loving mothers in the world, whenever there is an audience. The mother the child deals with when they are alone can be cruel and sadistic. Sadly, even if Caylee were more verbal, often these mothers are SO good at putting on "the mom of the year" act that thier children often aren't even believed when they tell other adults about abuse.

Chiquita71
05-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Having survived a mother with narcissistic personality disorder, I can tell you from first hand experience that they are adept at seeming to be the most doting, loving mothers in the world, whenever there is an audience. The mother the child deals with when they are alone can be cruel and sadistic. Sadly, even if Caylee were more verbal, often these mothers are SO good at putting on "the mom of the year" act that thier children often aren't even believed when they tell other adults about abuse.

Quote Respect SuperChick :)
BBM

Yes. ITA and relate with your whole post, I just bolded that part because I agree extra. :blowkiss:

Leila
05-27-2010, 04:41 PM

Psychopaths are very good at acting a role. They have a public persona...........an outward appearance and behavior they're mimicking as they've watched other people behave in the same circumstances.

Ted Bundy is one of the more well-known psychopaths. People who worked with him on a political hot line, never guessed that the man sitting beside them............well dressed, articulate, well-mannered, and good looking was, in fact, a serial killer. He was described by them as a charming young man, and they were shocked when they learned he had killed many young woman. Ted Bundy knew how to behave in a public situation.

How many times have we heard friends and neighbors describe a person as a nice person, friendly, etc., in the wake of that person being arrested for murder? They often say........"I'm shocked - I never would have guessed that he/she was capable of such a horrible crime."

spiderlady
05-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Susan Smith loved her boys and was a good mother too. She was not deemed a sociopath either if I re-call. But she chose a man over those precious children

USARDOG
05-28-2010, 12:24 PM

KC was/is a sociopath, and so she is a master at personality disguises, taking on the persona of those around her, and that is how she managed to fool so many people. It is only after knowing her a while, finding how she always lied, having her steal from them, did they find out who KC really is.

tlcya
05-28-2010, 12:34 PM

BBM

IMO he was telling the truth as he knew it. Based on what? His own eyes? What Casey said or how she acted with her daughter when around him?

If Casey is indeed a sociopath (as MANY MANY ws'ers believe) then she is a consumate actress with a cocktail personality. This means she is very skilled at reading what people want her to be and then providing that personality in order to ingratiate herself with others.

The time she was spending with the Grunds was, as usual, more of Casey's manipulations, remember, she was pretending for a while that Jesse was the father. I believe there for a while she was sort of using Jesse's family as a 2nd family to her and using that household as a place to land during a rough time with her own parents.

Ya'll will correct me if I am wrong on that I am sure lol

Anywho, my point is, I don't doubt Mr. Grund is telling the truth as he knows it. I just doubt Casey was ever anything other than the self indulgent spoiled little brat we all know and despise. If she showed a diferent demeanor to the Grunds at one time you can bet your bippy it was for some sort of gain on Casey's part.

kbl8201
05-28-2010, 12:38 PM
well i dont know what the heck jesse's dad is thinking.

granted, i only know her actions AFTER she murdered her daughter. but she doesnt look like a very good actress to me. she was more transparent then susan smith by a mile.

and great 'doting' moms arent usually out partying for a month while there baby is missing. did he miss that news report? how can he still think this about her after all we know now?

tlcya
05-28-2010, 12:52 PM

granted, i only know her actions AFTER she murdered her daughter. but she doesnt look like a very good actress to me. she was more transparent then susan smith by a mile.

and great 'doting' moms arent usually out partying for a month while there baby is missing. did he miss that news report? how can he still think this about her after all we know now?

I know, it seems so obvious to us. But I am willing to cut him some slack. His statements were made back before we had found Caylee, when there was a lot of finger pointing going back and forth between the Grunds and the A's. I am sure he has a very diferent opinion of Casey's "mothering" now, in hindsight.

affinity
05-28-2010, 01:17 PM

no no--he doesn't "still" think she is a great mother--he was reporting (honestly) that KC doted on Caylee (in his presence). He also said in the same interview that he knew that she and the entire Anthony family were trying to frame his son. He is an honest reporter, telling law enforcement all he knew and thought, which included KC's "devotion" to Caylee.
This is the most interesting aspect of the case to me--all the zillions of photos, all the proclamations that Caylee was KC's "life", but how beautiful Caylee wound up in a garbage bag in a swamp!
(To clarify, Grund never "defended" KC whatsoever, he simply stated that KC's world revolved around Caylee--which I find to be so interesting.)

kbl8201
05-28-2010, 01:25 PM
caylee was just a tool to get what she wanted. when she felt she had no need for her and caylee had become a liability, she got rid of her. that's what i feel about this.

Frigga
05-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Two points I want to make. I've been thinking about all of this " Casey was a good mom"... "Caylee was Casey's world" nonsense and here's what keeps coming to my mind:

Lauren (was it Coppel or Gibbs?) baby sat Caylee for the better part of the first year of Caylee's life (while Casey was at WORK- yeah right). Once that ended, IIRC Jessie and the Grund's took over while Casey was at 'work'.

Right there puts us at about 2 years. I can only imagine that during those two years that in the evenings (AND mornings) Cindy and George pretty much took over the 'mothering' duties of Caylee.

I don't think it had as much to do with Caylee's age but the fact that Casey had pretty much run out of options for other people 'mothering' Caylee for her. Giving her to Cindy was NEVER an option for Casey, IMO.

The second point I want to mention is I believe that with Casey wanting to be married, at the time, and I believe she wanted to be married to Tony (thinking of the "Casey Lazzaro" doodling extravaganza)... Tony (all though not totally serious, and with no knowledge of what his teasing could provoke) talking about not wanting girls... and only wanting boys (close to that) and the stage was set, IMO.

I believe it was the combination of those two things. I don't think the alleged fight the night of June 15th (or June 9th, if there was one then too) was what 'drove' Casey to kill Caylee- the plans were in the works when all the other 'mothering' of Caylee began to fall through. The wanting to end up with Tony set it all in stone for me.

JMO though!

ETA: two other things...no disrespect intended but what else was Casey's life going to revolve around- a child does need 24/7 supervision and care... her fake job? Her made up boyfriends?

Some may ask- why Tony? Here is why I think Tony. Tony was from New York and probably heading back there. Think about what her idea of his life style was- Club promoter... he was going somewhere and that somehere was a place Casey had never dreamed of before with Jessie (the Cop... just like her Dad) and Ricardo the business development guy from a car dealership (just like her Dad)! There were going to be bands, clubs, DJ's and photographers... bars, clubs, drinks, outfits and shot girls. For a young girl, this could be a ticket to the big time, and at the very least, a ticket to a good time- continually. What most people do to wind down on the weekends after a mundane week at work WOULD BE YOUR WORK... would be HER life.

Does anyone remember the night at Fusion that Casey ran up Tony's bar tab and got pretty drunk, according to him. Do ya'all remember what she was saying to him in her drunken stupor? She was going on and on about being a singer... loving to sing... that she had always wanted to be a singer. Tony was cute, edgy and for all intents and purposes they had good sex, got along and liked each others company. She thought she died and went to heaven finding Tony. remember them saying she was designing there Myspace pages (and IIRC doing a good job at it)- this was going to be her life!

WOW!

Until Cindy came along and ended it all for Casey and Tony.

That is why all she wanted that night on the phone from Jail was Tony's number- that WAS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERED TO HER!

Chiquita71
05-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Two points I want to make. I've been thinking about all of this " Casey was a good mom"... "Caylee was Casey's world" nonsense and here's what keeps coming to my mind:

Lauren (was it Coppel or Gibbs?) baby sat Caylee for the better part of the first year of Caylee's life (while Casey was at WORK- yeah right). Once that ended, IIRC Jessie and the Grund's took over while Casey was at 'work'.

Right there puts us at about 2 years. I can only imagine that during those two years that in the evenings (AND mornings) Cindy and George pretty much took over the 'mothering' duties of Caylee.

I don't think it had as much to do with Caylee's age but the fact that Casey had pretty much run out of options for other people 'mothering' Caylee for her. Giving her to Cindy was NEVER an option for Casey, IMO.

The second point I want to mention is I believe that with Casey wanting to be married, at the time, and I believe she wanted to be married to Tony (thinking of the "Casey Lazzaro" doodling extravaganza)... Tony (all though not totally serious, and with no knowledge of what his teasing could provoke) talking about not wanting girls... and only wanting boys (close to that) and the stage was set, IMO.

I believe it was the combination of those two things. I don't think the alleged fight the night of June 15th (or June 9th, if there was one then too) was what 'drove' Casey to kill Caylee- the plans were in the works when all the other 'mothering' of Caylee began to fall through. The wanting to end up with Tony set it all in stone for me.

JMO though!

ETA: two other things...no disrespect intended but what else was Casey's life going to revolve around- a child does need 24/7 supervision and care... her fake job? Her made up boyfriends?

Some may ask- why Tony? Here is why I think Tony. Tony was from New York and probably heading back there. Think about what her idea of his life style was- Club promoter... he was going somewhere and that somehere was a place Casey had never dreamed of before with Jessie (the Cop... just like her Dad) and Ricardo the business development guy from a car dealership (just like her Dad)! There were going to be bands, clubs, DJ's and photographers... bars, clubs, drinks, outfits and shot girls. For a young girl, this could be a ticket to the big time, and at the very least, a ticket to a good time- continually. What most people do to wind down on the weekends after a mundane week at work WOULD BE YOUR WORK... would be HER life.

Does anyone remember the night at Fusion that Casey ran up Tony's bar tab and got pretty drunk, according to him. Do ya'all remember what she was saying to him in her drunken stupor? She was going on and on about being a singer... loving to sing... that she had always wanted to be a singer. Tony was cute, edgy and for all intents and purposes they had good sex, got along and liked each others company. She thought she died and went to heaven finding Tony. remember them saying she was designing there Myspace pages (and IIRC doing a good job at it)- this was going to be her life! WOW

Quote Respect Frigga :)

ITA. I just made a post in the "June 15th Details emerge" thread regarding the same idea. I think Casey told Cindy she was going to bond with Caylee but her plans were to move into Tony's. Casey never wanted Caylee. For a while when Caylee was so small and it gave Casey attention she might not have minded. And, as you said, she had a babysitter and Cindy and George. But, I think that ran thin for Casey and she plotted to get rid of Caylee.

If there was a fight on the 15th, I do not think Casey left in a rage, or huff. I think Cindy and George were told Casey was going to bond with Caylee and that is why Cindy couldn't speak to her for a while. I think Casey was planning on tagging along with Tony to New York, whether he wanted it or not. But Cindy found her first.

(Casey told the tattoo guy that she was going to visit her boyfriend's parents in New York.) I found that link this week but lost it, I will find it again. ETA: The news report says Casey said her boyfriend was in New York visiting his parents not that she(Casey)was going. Sorry I got that wrong. Read it too fast!

...js...

Frigga
05-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Chiquita~ I totally agree.

Great find... I did not know that about the tattoo guy and that Casey had said that to him.

Anything else of interest from her conversation there, at the tattoo parlor?

Chiquita71
05-28-2010, 02:04 PM

Does anyone remember the night at Fusion that Casey ran up Tony's bar tab and got pretty drunk, according to him. Do ya'all remember what she was saying to him in her drunken stupor? She was going on and on about being a singer... loving to sing... that she had always wanted to be a singer. Tony was cute, edgy and for all intents and purposes they had good sex, got along and liked each others company. She thought she died and went to heaven finding Tony. remember them saying she was designing there Myspace pages (and IIRC doing a good job at it)- this was going to be her life!

WOW!

That is why all she wanted that night on the phone from Jail was Tony's number- that WAS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERED TO HER!

Quote Respect Frigga (again) :)

ITA. It's the same post but I too have come to these conclusions. You said it so well. Thanks.

...js...

Chiquita71
05-28-2010, 02:11 PM

Frigga!! Here ya go. I couldn't find it earlier but found it right away, yay!

Also Tuesday, WESH 2 spoke to a man who gave Casey Anthony a tattoo at the same time she claimed to be desperately searching for her missing daughter.

Anthony had come to the tattoo shop a number of times with Caylee because a couple of her long-time school friends worked there, but the last few times, they said, Caylee was never with her.

On July 2, more than two weeks after Caylee was last seen, and two weeks before Cindy Anthony reported the little girl missing, Bobby Lee Williams gave Casey Anthony a tattoo.

Williams said he did not get a sense that Casey Anthony was looking for a child or worried.

For a half hour, Williams told investigators he drew a design on Casey Anthony's shoulder that read, "bella vida" or "beautiful life."

"She was saying something about a boyfriend up in New York, visiting his parents," Williams said.

The day before she was arrested, Casey Anthony showed up back in the shop and when another artist asked about Caylee, she said her child was with the nanny. She made another appointment for July 19, and said she would bring her daughter in.

Williams said he can't believe the woman who seemed so carefree during that tattooing session, now claims she was desperately searching for Caylee during that same time period.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17303070/detail.html

...js...

Frigga
05-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Chiquita, I have always respected your opinions and ideas, so I am glad to know I am not alone and in good company (well, I mean everyone here at WS is good company)... but I hope you understand what I mean.

I really do believe it comes down to this!

Chiquita71
05-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Chiquita, I have always respected your opinions and ideas, so I am glad to know I am not alone and in good company (well, I mean everyone here at WS is good company)... but I hope you understand what I mean.

I really do believe it comes down to this!

Frigga. Thank you. I love WS too. And I know what you mean, you just want feedback on your theories. Me. Too. :)

I just bumped the tattoo thread because there was a post there that spoke of the visit to the tattoo shop. It says just a little bit more than was in the news report.

Casey didn't think her "new" life would clash with her "old" life until Cindy showed up at Tony's. I think Casey really thought she could kill Caylee, lie to everyone that she was with someone else, and make her move to New York.

...js...

tlcya
05-28-2010, 02:39 PM

JMO though!

WOW!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::bow::bow::bow::bow:

You soooooo get me. I could not have said it any better.

LinasK
05-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Casey didn't think her "new" life would clash with her "old" life until Cindy showed up at Tony's. I think Casey really thought she could kill Caylee, lie to everyone that she was with someone else, and make her move to New York.

...js...
How does that fit in with her Marine in California, though? Her back-up plan???:waitasec:

logicalgirl
05-28-2010, 03:03 PM
no no--he doesn't "still" think she is a great mother--he was reporting (honestly) that KC doted on Caylee (in his presence). He also said in the same interview that he knew that she and the entire Anthony family were trying to frame his son. He is an honest reporter, telling law enforcement all he knew and thought, which included KC's "devotion" to Caylee.
This is the most interesting aspect of the case to me--all the zillions of photos, all the proclamations that Caylee was KC's "life", but how beautiful Caylee wound up in a garbage bag in a swamp!
(To clarify, Grund never "defended" KC whatsoever, he simply stated that KC's world revolved around Caylee--which I find to be so interesting.)

Hadn't it been a couple of years since the Grunds were involved in ICA's and Caylee's life? Once the paternity test came back - didn't ICA cut them out of her life? I know she spent considerable time with the Grunds when Caylee was first born, and since she would have been the star of that show, I can imagine they did at time see ICA as a "good mother". How much did Jesse see Caylee after that time? My impression was he and ICA had their little meetings and texted back and forth, so from the early days, wouldn't it just be info ICA told him?

Chiquita71
05-28-2010, 03:07 PM
How does that fit in with her Marine in California, though? Her back-up plan???:waitasec:

Quote Respect LinasK :)

I don't know that much about the Marine in Cali. I am sure Casey had many different plans at different times. RG said Casey said she did not like her parents and wanted to move out. RG said Casey tried convincing Jesse to move in together before they were married but RG(being a pastor)said he would not perform the marriage ceremony if they lived together first.

My guess is that is why Casey dumped Jesse(besides him loving Caylee more :rolleyes: ). She did not want to be married, she just wanted out of her house. Casey globbed onto whoever she could at different stages in her life. Tony was just the latest, and Caylee did not fit into this new life, AT ALL.

At least with Jesse, Annie, Amy and the rest...Caylee was somewhat welcome but in the lifestyle Tony was living(nightclubbing)there was no room if Casey wanted to be a part of it. Of course Tony had every right to live his life, he did not have a child and had every right to tell Casey that a child did not belong in that atmosphere.

I bet the Marine in Cali is just a plan that fell through...but again, I don't know enough to have more than a slight opinion.

:cow:

LinasK
05-28-2010, 03:15 PM

I don't know that much about the Marine in Cali. I am sure Casey had many different plans at different times. RG said Casey said she did not like her parents and wanted to move out. RG said Casey tried convincing Jesse to move in together before they were married but RG(being a pastor)said he would not perform the marriage ceremony if they lived together first.

My guess is that is why Casey dumped Jesse(besides him loving Caylee more :rolleyes: ). She did not want to be married, she just wanted out of her house. Casey globbed onto whoever she could at different stages in her life. Tony was just the latest, and Caylee did not fit into this new life, AT ALL.

At least with Jesse, Annie, Amy and the rest...Caylee was somewhat welcome but in the lifestyle Tony was living(nightclubbing)there was no room if Casey wanted to be a part of it. Of course Tony had every right to live his life, he did not have a child and had every right to tell Casey that a child did not belong in that atmosphere.

I bet the Marine in Cali is just a plan that fell through...but again, I don't know enough to have more than a slight opinion.

Another leave the state, latch onto a guy, and lie about Caylee's whereabouts plan!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Frigga
05-28-2010, 03:15 PM
LinasK,

Back up plan... yes, maybe.

But more importantly I think she just always had a different story/fantasy for different people. I am unsure of the motivation.

In most instances with Casey I don't always think there is a 'method to the madness', so to speak.

okiedokietoo
05-28-2010, 08:01 PM

JMO I believe that TL was and is a good guy. From what I remember he wasn't out in the clubs every night. MO it had more to do with the fact that there wasn't a bedroom for Caylee and probably did not want her sleeping in the same bed with them. I am totally speculating here but this is the impression I have of him. He was going to school, the late in the evening classes.

Horace Finklestein
05-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Still waiting for that 'truth' to come out! Man won't it be great when we finally get that 'truth' we've been hearing about, but can't know until the trial!

Amil
05-28-2010, 09:15 PM

JMO though!

WOW!

What a great post! Thank you.

Chiquita71
05-28-2010, 09:17 PM
JMO I believe that TL was and is a good guy. From what I remember he wasn't out in the clubs every night. MO it had more to do with the fact that there wasn't a bedroom for Caylee and probably did not want her sleeping in the same bed with them. I am totally speculating here but this is the impression I have of him. He was going to school, the late in the evening classes.

Quote Respect okiedokietoo :)

Yes. I think TL is a good guy too. And me saying his "lifestyle" I include all that you have said about him. He was just a normal guy, dating and living like you do before you have kids. He had every right and was right, a baby didn't belong there. I think he was being mature in that way.

What he must have thought when he found out what Casey did...ya know we teach children that there are monsters out there but we need to let kids know they look like "normal" people.

Casey put on an act as a mother, just as she put on an act about everything in her life.

Oakley
05-28-2010, 09:44 PM

JMO though!

WOW!

Agree with this. I am recalling the texts between KC and Iassen (was that his name?) where she alluded to being in love.

ETA: I have always thought KC desperately wanted to be with TL, much like Diane Downs.