View Full Version : Behind Closed Doors Not a Presser Meeting 8-13-08

Pages : [1] 2

JBean
08-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Can anyone keep us updated here?
Thanks if you can.

coltsgal
08-13-2008, 12:51 PM
is there an online stream? what time does it start?

LI_Mom
08-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Fox just now reported that it would be starting momentarily. (I won't hold my breath since the last one took forever to start. lol)

JBean
08-13-2008, 01:02 PM
I cannot listen here so if anyone would be so kind as to post info it would be much appreciated.
TIA!

Hailiejade77
08-13-2008, 01:03 PM
does anyone have a live link in case Fox cuts to commericals???

jon_burrows
08-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Any minute now. The Sheriff's department will have a round-table discussion because they say every time the Anthony's speak, they get tons of questions from the public. They don't want to have this discussion but have been forced to due to the bizarre claims by the GP (i.e. the people who have Caylee are being watched...etc).

MistyGirl
08-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Does anyone have a link??????

LI_Mom
08-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Any minute now. The Sheriff's department will have a round-table discussion because they say every time the Anthony's speak, they get tons of questions from the public. They don't want to have this discussion but have been forced to due to the bizarre claims by the GP (i.e. the people who have Caylee are being watched...etc).

So much for the theory that the Anthonys are cooperating with the investigation.

It's NOT a good sign when LE announces they have to waste time doing damage control because the victim's family is hurting their investigation.

More time taken away from them being able to find Caylee.

Is THAT what the Anthonys hoped for???

Hailiejade77
08-13-2008, 01:10 PM
no links yet

MistyGirl
08-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Where are you guys getting the info that there is going to be a press confrence....I have searched online all over and no word of it anywhere....hmmmm

Hailiejade77
08-13-2008, 01:13 PM
on Fox news misty

MistyGirl
08-13-2008, 01:15 PM
on Fox news misty

Thank you :blowkiss: I looking online at fownews.com & see nothing......

liltigress
08-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Fox news just reported that the round table discussion with LE and the press is going on right now, not live for us, and they (Fox News) will have that video up as soon as possible.

LaLaw2000
08-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this press conference link!

Openmyeyes
08-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Fox is saying they will give updates, and Phil is still reporting from the Anthony house.
I get the impression that this round table presser is not going to be broadcast live. I've checked local Orlando stations and haven't seen a thing yet.

SelmaClue
08-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Fox news just reported that the round table discussion with LE and the press is going on right now, not live for us, and they (Fox News) will have that video up as soon as possible.

Well, they were instrumental in getting me to run around like a :chicken: with it's head cut off.

LaLaw2000
08-13-2008, 01:23 PM

Oh, man!

miss lisa
08-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Fox is saying they will give updates, and Phil is still reporting from the Anthony house.
I get the impression that this round table presser is not going to be broadcast live. I've checked local Orlando stations and haven't seen a thing yet.

Why O why would they not broadcast this??? Do they not know that we are sitting on the edge of our keyboards waiting for information!

Openmyeyes
08-13-2008, 01:24 PM
I wonder if this was specifically requested by LE (not to broadcast it live). It seems like they don't want to wait for everyone to get set up.

I think Fox showed the Anthonys going in, so they are not on their way to the Keys.
Too bad.

Patty G
08-13-2008, 01:25 PM

figures ... thank's for that info!

SeriouslySearching
It is a closed door round table with LE and the media...no presser that I can tell. Fox said they are waiting on a "tape". Ugh!

SelmaClue
Why O why would they not broadcast this??? Do they not know that we are sitting on the edge of our keyboards waiting for information!

Really! It's just alllllllllllllllll about them!
:crazy:

SmileyAmy
I can't wait to see what they have to say.

RR0004
08-13-2008, 01:27 PM
So much for the theory that the Anthonys are cooperating with the investigation.

It's NOT a good sign when LE announces they have to waste time doing damage control because the victim's family is hurting their investigation.

More time taken away from them being able to find Caylee.

Is THAT what the Anthonys hoped for???
Yes...but isn't it wonderful that they will keep us informed? They haven't done a real briefing on this case in a while. The public does deserve to know IMO, especially in light of what the GPs are saying.

Patty G
08-13-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm hear with all of you waiting and waiting ....

amethyst221
08-13-2008, 01:28 PM
The reporter referred to the investigators working for Baez, who are obviously trying to support his client's theory of the case. So visits or not, the parents are conduits for CA "information."

Mendara
08-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Sigh...can that intern please hurry with the delivery of that tape PLEASE!

Patty G
08-13-2008, 01:31 PM
LE needs to do this because of all the "sources, who said this, and that", and goes back to about a month ago when media says: "this has been confirmed by LE, blah, blah."

Hopefully LE will say the cellphone times reported were not released to the media and this is undercover, dog diggin' sources searching independently for the cellphone calls etc.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Grrrr commercials! I know they pay the bills, but when we're waiting for information it never fails, they play several in a row!!

Anita Richman
08-13-2008, 01:32 PM
I wonder if this was specifically requested by LE (not to broadcast it live). It seems like they don't want to wait for everyone to get set up.

I think Fox showed the Anthonys going in, so they are not on their way to the Keys.
Too bad.
Wow. If the Anthony's are there, perhaps le is going to present them with irrefutable information or proof that Casey is behind Caylee's disappearance.

This (the feeling/tension waiting for this presser) reminds me of THE press conference when LE announced that Susan Smith had confessed to murdering her boys.

ketel0ne
08-13-2008, 01:34 PM
LE needs to do this because of all the "sources, who said this, and that", and goes back to about a month ago when media says: "this has been confirmed by LE, blah, blah."

Hopefully LE will say the cellphone times reported were not released to the media and this is undercover, dog diggin' sources searching independently for the cellphone calls etc.

Especially if Lee released the records and not LE.

diablo
Sadly, GVS seems to be the best one that delivers new information.

Anita Richman
Sigh...can that intern please hurry with the delivery of that tape PLEASE!

Lol...the scene in "Broadcast News" with Joan Cussack running with the tape is what I have in mind!

:ok, back to waiting impatiently for update:

diablo
I think the Fox clip was file footage, not live.

CarrieSis
08-13-2008, 01:35 PM
I do not know that I believe anything about dreams, beyond being the whole subconscious processing of junk and supposition.

I dreamed last night that Casey confessed. And then things I will not describe here involving the disposal of Caylee's body.

I am upset; this case has consumed me, and until this morning after that dream I was holding out hope of Caylee being alive and safe w/unknown persons. My feeling of "hope" has dissipated.

Anita Richman
08-13-2008, 01:36 PM
I do not know that I believe anything about dreams, beyond being the whole subconscious processing of junk and supposition.

I dreamed last night that Casey confessed. And then things I will not describe here involving the disposal of Caylee's body.

I am upset; this case has consumed me, and until this morning after that dream I was holding out hope of Caylee being alive and safe w/unknown persons. My feeling of "hope" has dissipated.

Is this the first case you have followed like this?

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Keating said LE is having to answer phone calls not only from locals, but from all over the country about the various "spins" coming out in the media, which is tying up LE resources.

Anyone here call?

Anita Richman
08-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Keating said LE is having to answer phone calls not only from locals, but from all over the country about the various "spins" coming out in the media, which is tying up LE resources.

Anyone here call?

:angel::silenced:

CarrieSis
08-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Anita, no. This is the first time on this board but there have been other cases dating back to JonBenet that I've followed since the first media reports.

I am not sure why this particular case is haunting me the way that it is. I suppose it is the first where there is just SO MUCH information abounding and confounding about it - I'm used to following in the papers, slower boards, maybe a news report a couple times a week. This has been daily, hourly, etc. It's just so.. different.

miss lisa
08-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Fox say anything yet???

kathyn2
08-13-2008, 01:42 PM
How come non of the local stations have this press conference like they always have? Is the case going cold and boring to the locals now?

Anita Richman
Anita, no. This is the first time on this board but there have been other cases dating back to JonBenet that I've followed since the first media reports.

I am not sure why this particular case is haunting me the way that it is. I suppose it is the first where there is just SO MUCH information abounding and confounding about it - I'm used to following in the papers, slower boards, maybe a news report a couple times a week. This has been daily, hourly, etc. It's just so.. different.

That's how I felt when I started following Laci Peterson's story here and other message boards. Consumed.

All of the stories of murdered and missing people are haunting in their own right; however, I have found that sometimes the victims or their circumstances really push a button with me.

amethyst221
Talking about Georgia and shooting at ARK Democratic Part HQ. Nothing yet.

miss lisa
08-13-2008, 01:43 PM
How come non of the local stations have this press conference like they always have? Is the case going cold and boring to the locals now?

not a presser. a round table with the media to clear up BS.

liltigress
Maybe LE needs to upgrade their phone answering system.

Press 1 if you have solid leads.
Press 2 if you had a vision.
Press 3 if you have a theory.
Press 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 if you just want to say what you think about the family.

Patty G
Especially if Lee released the records and not LE.

Mark said he met with Lee and looked at his records he had. And then Mark went on with his "sources".

Mark is an ex-cop but that doesn't mean LE is going to tell Mark anything. Mark is just an "ex-cop"!!!!

If that is how all LE do it, telling ex-cops everything ... oh lordy, lordy what a mess that would be for sure.

SuziQ

It's a behind closed doors type of meeting. Not a presser.

Mendara
08-13-2008, 01:46 PM
I was about to call the sheriff myself and demand he do something about these people watching these people who have Caylee.

JBean
thanks for any and all info

mollymalone

Press 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 if you just want to say what you think about the family. :detective: Press 10 if you want to talk to yourself. :crazy:

liltigress
08-13-2008, 01:47 PM
:detective: Press 10 if you want to talk to yourself. :crazy:

Press 0 if you are the kidnappers. :eek:

Chezhire
08-13-2008, 01:48 PM

Press 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 if you just want to say what you think about the family.

oh gosh - needed that laugh - this case has me feeling so badly that any lightness is great :)

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 01:48 PM
I was about to call the sheriff myself and demand he do something about these people watching these people who have Caylee.:waitasec: If it's psychic people "watching" these people how can the Sheriff do anything?

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 01:50 PM

If you're Casey and finally want to open your mouth rattle your cage! :behindbar

MommaShark
Press # if you need someone to beat this story out of your head.
I DO! #######

amethyst221
it's more like the guys hired by Baez are watching whoever CA plans to throw to the wolves to take the fall.

NighTillDawn
08-13-2008, 01:52 PM
:detective: Press 10 if you want to talk to yourself. :crazy:

I think i'll choose #10:rolleyes:

CASuzk
08-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Mark said he met with Lee and looked at his records he had. And then Mark went on with his "sources".

Mark is an ex-cop but that doesn't mean LE is going to tell Mark anything. Mark is just an "ex-cop"!!!!

If that is how all LE do it, telling ex-cops everything ... oh lordy, lordy what a mess that would be for sure.

Mark Fuhrman may know more than we think. I do believe that other LE guys tell him quite a bit. When Furhman was beaten up on the stand during the OJ trial, many LE people I know were outraged. They see him as a symbol of all LEs who were blindsided by a slick defense attorney.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Press # if you need someone to beat this story out of your head.
I DO! #######:slap: There you go!

amethyst221 it's more like the guys hired by Baez are watching whoever CA plans to throw to the wolves to take the fall.

That's quite likely. Do you get the feeling she's sending them on wild goose chases like she did LE?

miss lisa
08-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Has it been confirmed that Cindy & George are at the closed round table discussion?

MommaShark
08-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Fox said within the hour. Another hour of my day wasted waiting. My family thinks I am crazy. There is just something about this case. I keep scraping my brain all over the spectrum of stories. I am lost.

LI_Mom
I was about to call the sheriff myself and demand he do something about these people watching these people who have Caylee.

LOL!!!

No wonder people are watching the people watching the people who have Caylee. lol

amethyst221
As for the hired investigators, it's their own wild goose chase, so I think they like it. I'd say it's supposed to give credence to her story. I can't imagine how infuriating this must be to LE, who can't get info because it SUPPOSEDLY would endanger Caylee.

kimmy_q_sky
08-13-2008, 01:59 PM
If you're Casey and finally want to open your mouth rattle your cage! :behindbar

I would pay to hear that rattle.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Imagine her lawyer's face when the investigators come back and tell him everything she's provided is bs.

amethyst221
08-13-2008, 02:02 PM
I would pay to hear that rattle.

My psychics tell me you will be keeping your money for the foreseeable future.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 02:03 PM
I would pay to hear that rattle.I wish she'd rattle soon. But from her "go ahead call them" "why do they want to talk to me?" (911 call) and her rant about "they only care about Caylee!" I don't think that's going to happen. Not if she's trying to save her own fanny.

kimmy_q_sky
08-13-2008, 02:03 PM
My psychics tell me you will be keeping your money for the foreseeable future.

LOL thanks for the chuckle! :blowkiss:

Patty G
08-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Has it been confirmed that Cindy & George are at the closed round table discussion?

I think they are riding around in Key West with the bulletin board.

liz_oag
08-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Fox said within the hour. Another hour of my day wasted waiting. My family thinks I am crazy. There is just something about this case. I keep scraping my brain all over the spectrum of stories. I am lost.

I know exactly what you mean, my 5 year old asked last night if I was every going to stop watching the show about the little girl with the mean mommy!

Patty G
08-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Mark Fuhrman may know more than we think. I do believe that other LE guys tell him quite a bit. When Furhman was beaten up on the stand during the OJ trial, many LE people I know were outraged. They see him as a symbol of all LEs who were blindsided by a slick defense attorney.

Maybe on the west coast side, but many cops don't like him at all!

Personally, I don't care as long as the info he gets is FACT!!!

amethyst221
08-13-2008, 02:06 PM
I never watch Fox -- do they always say they'll tell you in a minute for 87 hours???? It seems that long!

Patty G
08-13-2008, 02:06 PM
I know exactly what you mean, my 5 year old asked last night if I was every going to stop watching the show about the little girl with the mean mommy!

My dog doesn't like me anymore either. :(

Patty G
08-13-2008, 02:07 PM
I never watch Fox -- do they always say they'll tell you in a minute for 87 hours???? It seems that long!

I don't like FOX especially this particular show.

MommaShark
08-13-2008, 02:08 PM
They must be doing a whole lot of editing on that tape.

LaLaw2000
08-13-2008, 02:09 PM

LOL, LOL, LOL!

Press 11 if you wish to be forwarded to the Anthony home!!

SeriouslySearching
08-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Has it been confirmed that Cindy & George are at the closed round table discussion?I doubt they are included since they are there to talk about them and to clear up their "misinformation"!

liltigress
08-13-2008, 02:10 PM
LOL, LOL, LOL!

Press 11 if you wish to be forwarded to the Anthony home!!

:clap: LOL

amethyst221
08-13-2008, 02:10 PM
No credible evidence of kidnapping and don't want PI's interfering with LE investigations.

Amster
08-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Fox reporting now...

amethyst221
Referring specifically to GA misinformation.

QuickAttack
OSCO does not want private searches going on. No private eyes. Do not believe child has been kidnapped.

Investigators does not believe family's claim that any specific person is responsible for kidnapping, and that these people are being "watched."

SAid every time the GPs go on the air, they get flooded with phone calls.

(Dud of a roundtable...we already knew all this.)

MommaShark
That's it? Urghhhhh

dreamfeather
08-13-2008, 02:12 PM
(Snipped)I am upset; this case has consumed me, and until this morning after that dream I was holding out hope of Caylee being alive and safe w/unknown persons. My feeling of "hope" has dissipated.

Same here. I have no idea why this case has captured me so, except that I have a daughter very near Caylee's age, and I find Casey's response to this whole thing just horrifying, for lack of a better word. I keep thinking over and over about Caylee when I see my own child, and coming up with nothing good. If she's alive, then she's likely somewhere terrified and confused. If she's not, then her last moments she could have been terrified and confused too.

This just goes against everything "maternal" I can fathom.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Phil Keating:

Sheriffs Dept. Investigators, we do not believe there is any credible evidence that there was a kidnapping and they do not want any additional private investigators doing any investigating. It is strictly a LE investigation.

The investigators for Casey Anthony, are out there and those investigators have told the family and they have then told us, that certain places being watched. They won't give names, addresses..

This is misinformation being distributed to the public by the family. That's why the round table presser. Everytime we go on new sound from the gp's they have to go on and clear it all up.

liltigress
08-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Well... George needs to bring the billboard back home then... Unless there is a collection box on the side?

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 02:13 PM
I think they started to show a tape but it didn't work?

professoressa
08-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Clearly George and Casey are woven from the same cloth...

Wow, so now we basically are 100% sure that George is full of baloney...or makes up stories that he honestly believes, just like the daughter!

SeriouslySearching
Fox just reported that LE wants the PI's/family's investigations to stop. (LE can't dictate that!) I take it the meeting isn't over yet, but I did catch that their source said that someone inside LE stated it is their belief that Caylee is deceased.

amethyst221
That seems like a non event, but it's a direct statement from LE that they give the kidnap theory NO credence.

QuickAttack
08-13-2008, 02:15 PM
I think they started to show a tape but it didn't work?

That was of the two Malibu girls missing...the tape was with images of their myspace pages.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 02:16 PM
That was of the two Malibu girls missing...the tape was with images of their myspace pages.Ok, Thanks!

QuickAttack
08-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Well... George needs to bring the billboard back home then... Unless there is a collection box on the side?

Pfft! :laughbounce:

LI_Mom
08-13-2008, 02:17 PM
OSCO does not want private searches going on. No private eyes. Do not believe child has been kidnapped.

Investigators does not believe family's claim that any specific person is responsible for kidnapping, and that these people are being "watched."

SAid every time the GPs go on the air, they get flooded with phone calls.

(Dud of a roundtable...we already knew all this.)

I still can't figure out why LE hasn't asked for the public's help for a massive ground search???

Well, they didn't say anything we didn't expect..... that leads me to think the purpose was to get the GPs into a meeting with the media present and read them the riot act...... no more of repeating Casey's insane lies....... Face the facts.... we believe Caylee is dead & we have a good case against Casey.

amethyst221
08-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Sheriff's office thinks she may be dead, or a source there. Now talking about Cindy and her belief in Casey.

LaLaw2000
08-13-2008, 02:19 PM
LE needs to haul George and Cindy in and tell them exactly how the cat bit the cabbage.
I am so sick of these people! Would someone please tell me how George's revelation of kidnappers and the kidnappers being watched is not misleading the public and trying to undermine LE?
Why doesn't LE tell them to SHUT THE HELL UP???? Haul them back in front of the FBI and then arrest their azzes if they lie again.

liltigress
08-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Reporter spoke to Cindy.

Cindy has told her all about how emotional the family is behind closed doors.
She believes Caylee is alive even though they hired a psychic that told them she isn't, but Cindy has to believe in her daughter.

Cindy's next visit is tomorrow, Cindy didn't think the chances of Casey wanting to see them is good but she still has to try to see how she's doing.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Holly Bristow Orlando " talked to Cindy Anthony She was very emotional, they tend to break down behind closed doors. Bedtime for Caylee is very hard and that gets very emotional." "She says she believes in her daughter, emphasizes that her daughter isn't doing any harm to her granddaughter. Deep down in her gut she believes her granddaughter is alive."

They are scheduled to see Casey tomorrow. I asked what are the chances you'll get in to see her. Cindy said "to be honest, probably not so good, but I need to try." There have been some communications between Baez back and forth but she wants to see her daughter. She's afraid if she goes in there she will want to ask her too many questions, and afraid that information that shouldn't get out will get out to us (via released tapes)

People are obsessed with this. Some of it is the mystery of what the hecks going on with Casey, and wanting to help find this little girl.

They're (Anthony's) going to people who have fed in tips and talking to them.

Openmyeyes
More breaking news. Holly (reporter, not friend) said Cindy is very emotional. Believes Caylee is still alive. Anthony family and Baez communicating. Cindy doesn't think she will see Casey but has to try. Believes Casey didn't do anything to Caylee. Fox questioning how many reporters are at house. About 5 local, but not as many as last week. Says people are obsessed with case (really???). The Anthonys are still doing some searching.

OME

Feistyoldbroad
Sheriff's office thinks she may be dead, or a source there. Now talking about Cindy and her belief in Casey.

And I just lost my lunch.:no:

amethyst221
Cindy tape after the break.

CASuzk
LE knows plenty. You have to notice that the Sund foundation and that Texas group are not putting any effort in helping the Anthony family continue to perpetuate this fraud.

miss lisa
Clearly George and Casey are woven from the same cloth...

Wow, so now we basically are 100% sure that George is full of baloney...or makes up stories that he honestly believes, just like the daughter!

Yep George is full of bologna and Casey is eating for lunch!

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Going to have sound from Cindy after the break.

SmileyAmy
08-13-2008, 02:21 PM
...LE stated it is their belief that Caylee is deceased.

:cry: I guess I always had a tiny bit of hope since LE never said outright that they thought she was dead.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 02:23 PM
The banner said "Source says that Sheriff's office thinks she's dead"

Patty G
I video taped that segment, but my son called while Keating was reporting. Caller ID shows up on my TV screen so now my son's phone number is in plain view. :( I have to see if I can cut that part out.

I just got my Flip Video yesterday sooooooooooooooo chances of having success in cutting out that part in a timely manner .... 0%

miss lisa
Reporter spoke to Cindy.

Cindy has told her all about how emotional the family is behind closed doors.
She believes Caylee is alive even though they hired a psychic that told them she isn't, but Cindy has to believe in her daughter.

Cindy's next visit is tomorrow, Cindy didn't think the chances of Casey wanting to see them is good but she still has to try to see how she's doing.

Previously Cindy said that they hadn't hired a psychic. Wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the behind!

mollymalone
:cry: I guess I always had a tiny bit of home since LE never said outright that they thought she was dead.They didn't, not yet. It was the news banner on Fox that said "source" said..

Patty G
08-13-2008, 02:24 PM
The banner said "Source says that Sheriff's office thinks she's dead"

Don't you just love that word 'SOURCE'!

miss lisa
Going to have sound from Cindy after the break.

Cold shivers :rolleyes:

Chezhire
I doubt they are included since they are there to talk about them and to clear up their "misinformation"!

be interesting to see the next interviews of C&G on this issue and how they respond...will they be calm and cool, or will they lash out?

liltigress
08-13-2008, 02:25 PM
I think it's pretty telling that they admit they have no reason to believe she was kidnapped. There is only one other alternative.

SmileyAmy
I know its silly...but part of me just keeps hoping that they'll find her alive. Even though my head tells me the chances of that are slim to none.

LaLaw2000
:cry: I guess I always had a tiny bit of home since LE never said outright that they thought she was dead.

So sorry. I understand the hope you have had that Caylee is alive.

I have not believed that Caylee is alive since the cadaver dogs hits. I wish it were different, but I do not think it is, IMO. I do not think for one moment that LE believes Caylee is alive.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Well, so far, the only valid FACTS that we've gotten out of this so far is that LE says there is no valid evidence to prove a kidnapping and LE is ticked about the misinformation.

krimekat
08-13-2008, 02:26 PM
I have not believed that Caylee is alive since the cadaver dogs hits. I wish it were different, but I do not think it is, IMO. I do not think for one moment that LE believes Caylee is alive.

I was hopeful until the dogs, too

miss lisa
08-13-2008, 02:27 PM
I think that Cindy and George are skating on some very thin ice....

amethyst221
08-13-2008, 02:28 PM
It was source within Sheriff's dept., I think the banner said.

Chezhire
08-13-2008, 02:29 PM
seems to me that LE needs a sit down with the GPs, as in interfering with an investigation, at this point???

liltigress
08-13-2008, 02:30 PM
LE says they have no reason to believe kidnappers have Caylee.

What other alternatives are there? I think George and Cindy need to face reality.

amethyst221
08-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Next is GA's theory and a panel discussion.

SmileyAmy
seems to me that LE needs a sit down with the GPs, as in interfering with an investigation, at this point???

I totally agree.

mollymalone
Don't you just love that word 'SOURCE'!
:rolleyes: Yeah! Too bad the "sources" aren't giving us credible solid facts to chew on.

LI_Mom
08-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Cindy talked about the voicemail to the family.....

to all their phones.... cell & home. Some people don't even bother leaving a message she said.

Then she talked about the mail...... and how she wants to make up some Caylee Stationary to respond to all the mail....

but there aren't enough hours in the day.

Huh?????? What ARE they doing all day besides handing out some t-shirts & posters??

Sweetyhide
08-13-2008, 02:33 PM
This link says sources in the sheriff's office too:

http://www.wesh.com/news/17177112/detail.html

Also discusses accident theory and more charges against Casey relating to theft.

Blondieskatz
08-13-2008, 02:34 PM
More breaking news. Holly (reporter, not friend) said Cindy is very emotional. Believes Caylee is still alive. Anthony family and Baez communicating. Cindy doesn't think she will see Casey but has to try. Believes Casey didn't do anything to Caylee. Fox questioning how many reporters are at house. About 5 local, but not as many as last week. Says people are obsessed with case (really???). The Anthonys are still doing some searching.

OME

If the family is communicating with Baez then Casey could tell him who the kidnapper(s) are and he could take that info to the family and then the family could go behind closed doors with LE and get this taken care of. Then Caylee would be home and the Anthony's wouldn't have to drive around pulling a billboards, LE could stop trying to find a missing child and all would be back to normal.

Yes, if only Casey would talk.....:rolleyes: how simple it could be.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 02:35 PM

What other alternatives are there? I think George and Cindy need to face reality. 1)death 2)sold 3)gave away and the last two are more and more unlikely given the cadaver dog hits.

I mean, it's always possible those things occurred, there are pedo rings that exist but that would mean Casey was dabbling on the dark side of society whereby she'd come into contact with someone like that. Casey though, seems to be just a 22 year old jerk who liked to party and thinks she's the cat's meow who inserted herself into a guy's life and appropriated his set of friends.

I'd hope and like to find her alive, but....

amethyst221
I heard a blurb earlier from the spokesman, Padilla, saying the people stolen from would have to press charges.

LI_Mom

What other alternatives are there? I think George and Cindy need to face reality.

George better watch his butt.....

if he's not watching "the kidnappers" who IS he watching?

If he's really watching some innocent person.... he might find himself facing a civil lawsuit for harassment &/or a criminal charge.

ketel0ne
If the family is communicating with Baez then Casey could tell him who the kidnapper(s) are and he could take that info to the family and then the family could go behind closed doors with LE and get this taken care of. Then Caylee would be home and the Anthony's wouldn't have to drive around pulling a billboards, LE could stop trying to find a missing child and all would be back to normal.

I am sure Jose has told her not to utter another name on the planet.

Fandy

George and Cindy need to stop their desperate public display, it's not helping them to try to explain/interpret their daughter's actions. She's unpopular and is going to stay that way through her trial. if they would just be quiet about these *aliens* people would have more respect and sympathy for them....of course...jmho

Blondieskatz
08-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Cindy talked about the voicemail to the family.....

to all their phones.... cell & home. Some people don't even bother leaving a message she said.

Then she talked about the mail...... and how she wants to make up some Caylee Stationary to respond to all the mail....

but there aren't enough hours in the day.

Huh?????? What ARE they doing all day besides handing out some t-shirts & posters??

To me, that's a big hint. Would someone please make her some stationary and send it to her.

MistyGirl
08-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Ya know I irriated at this behind clsoed door media with the LE & the Media.......WHY not do it like a regular press confrence live on television???

Party miss LE would step up to the plate and be straight to the point - Make a statement of There is NO evedince she was kidnapped, at this point we think Caylee is dead, The informaiton the Anthony's are stating to the media regarding, phone records, baby-sitter etc are not true.

The seem to be dancing around what we all want to know, are these doing this because they want the Anthony's to keep talking to them????

And sersiously, how can Cindy beleive at this point Casey has no involvement?? For Godsake she (Casey) is refusing yoour visits???? Doesn't that tell you anything Cindy???? If she had nothing to with it, there would be no reason for her to avoid her visits withy her family.

My heartbreaks for the Anthony's I thik the only reason they have to say they beleive CAsey is because if theuy aknowledge that they do not THEN the have to admit to the fact that Caylee is no longer alove & they are trying so desprately to hold on the ANY hope she might still be alive.

Honestly myself included I am not sure what we expect to hear from Cindy...I mean do you really think she is going to say to the media "Hey your all right my daughter is lying, manipultive, murdering POS, she has killed my granddaughter and I hope she gets the chair!!!" That is never going to happen, if & when she is ready to accept that Casey has involvement in this she will just quitely fade away with comments such as "No comment, let the justice system do it's job" if even that.

murdershewrote
08-13-2008, 02:38 PM
could a gag order be put in place at this stage?

liltigress
08-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Oh geez! Now George says he's being watched.

STEADFAST
08-13-2008, 02:39 PM

Did he just say that when he was talking about people being watched he meant HE'S being watched?? Someone was talking to me during that clip.

liltigress
Live with Cindy right now outside the home.

Lanie

But she did say who the kidnapper was, ZFG.
Lanie

krimekat
Fox is talking with Cindy

liltigress
08-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Did he just say that when he was talking about people being watched he meant HE'S being watched?? Someone was talking to me during that clip.

He said HE was being watched. As in, the people who have Caylee is being watched, just as he himself is being watched, the way I took it.

krimekat
08-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Cindy does not know where Casey & Caylee were during mid-June through mid-July

liltigress
08-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Cindy looks sad today. She's not looking directly at the camera or the reporter, mostly at the ground.

krimekat
Even though Cindy met with LE this morning, she was unaware of the latest from the "source" in the sheriff's office:

http://www.wesh.com/news/17177112/detail.html

ketel0ne
He said HE was being watched. As in, the people who have Caylee is being watched, just as he himself is being watched, the way I took it.

With 5 news vans outside his house, um his statement is actually true.

amethyst221
She's playing dumb about recent statements re: no credible evidence of kidnapping.

SuziQ
08-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Cindy looks sad today. She's not looking directly at the camera or the reporter, mostly at the ground.

She may have gotten her behind whipped. I think the Anthony's were called on the carpet.

Blondieskatz
08-13-2008, 02:43 PM

Yea, probably by LE!

amethyst221
08-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Cindy says that LE says they are looking for a missing child, she knows Casey doesn't have her, so that just leaves the kidnappers.

liltigress
She may have gotten her behind whipped. I think the Anthony's were called on the carpet.

I think so too and I don't think they're done getting put in time-out either. Especially with George's latest rolling billboard adventure to the Keys to go spy on the kidnappers.

Chezhire
Fox just reported that LE wants the PI's/family's investigations to stop. (LE can't dictate that!) I take it the meeting isn't over yet, but I did catch that their source said that someone inside LE stated it is their belief that Caylee is deceased.

Since you are watching and I cannot, based upon what you saw on the TV, is this a new piece of information, or is it the same banner that's been circulating at the bottom of the screen saying "Source believes she is deceased....but is holding out hope?"
thanks

krimekat
08-13-2008, 02:45 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

liltigress

They should feel pretty safe in their own home from the threats they say they're getting, with all the camera crews outside 24/7.

mollymalone
Phil: They have not launched a massive search where you'd see dozen and dozens...

Journalist: What light were they able to shed (presser)
Cindy: it was a relationship building experience, it's working out very well. I think our focus is finding Caylee, there was a statment from the Sheriff's office today stating that.

Phil: do you know where Casey and Caylee were at..... (missed)
Cindy: I can't say exactly where she was at, that's what we're trying to peice together. Her friends have stated certain times of where she was at and that's what they're working on.

Phil: They're not launching a massive search because they say only Casey holds the key.. They can't investigate the kidnapping claim because the only starting point is a vacant apt nearby.

Cindy: I haven't heard them make those statements, talking to them today, they have been looking for Caylee as a missing child. Casey doesn't have her so that leads to the kidnappers, draw your own conclusions.

Phil: In the visits are you trying to urge her to talk more? Is it simply a memory problem? Has she told them everything you think she knows?

Cindy: Since I haven't been able to speak to her privately, she's told them everything she can without jeopardizing Caylee's safety. Again she doesn't know where Caylee's at.

I don't think the investigation is at a standstill at all. It's not a standstill at all, following up on leads every second of every day 24 hours a day. There may be things that they can't talk to you about, which is a given, so I mean, it may seem like a standstill to you becuase you don't have any new information. I haven't heard that statement.

DianeB
08-13-2008, 02:46 PM
I think it's pretty telling that they admit they have no reason to believe she was kidnapped. There is only one other alternative.Two. Casey could have voluntarily given Caylee away or used her as collateral.

amethyst221
Same old banner about source within LE believes she might be dead.

sweetwater
These people are just obnoxious and as my grandmother would say, very tacky. And self-centered and arrogant and I hope they file charges against them. It seems like they were at least put on warning with that last search warrant; I suppose that politically it is unfeasible to actually arrest them, although it would seem that if the circumstances were a little different, that's exactly what LE would do, in a heartbeat.
About Cindy's comment that they cry at night- that's more BS. When people cry and cry, which is what people do when they are suffering and traumatized, they have puffy, swollen, red eyes. Does anybody have any recollection of ever having seen any evidence of crying on Cindy's face? In fact, is there any real indication that she/he is not even sleeping well? I haven't noted any.

Girlrilla
08-13-2008, 02:47 PM
I read something on the Gale St. John psychic site that was very interesting. Brian posted some info and I thought it fascinating.

When Casey speaks she's giving clues. To her brother "I'm not level" and she told LE to search other states, Georgia, NY etc.. well, there are ROADS by those names locally. The site also had a bunch of photos of Casey & Caylee and friends.

On some transcripts I could swear "I'm not level" was "on that level"

I heard "on that level." If you go back and listen to those audio clips I see how it could be heard as "I'm not level" but I don't think she said that.

krimekat
08-13-2008, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=mollymalone;2493999]Phil: do you know where Casey and Caylee were at mid-jun thru mid-jul
Cindy: I can't say exactly where she was at, that's what we're trying to peice together. Her friends have stated certain times of where she was at and that's what they're working on.QUOTE]

mid-June through mid-July

tsanti
08-13-2008, 02:49 PM

I heard "on that level." If you go back and listen to those audio clips I see how it could be heard as "I'm not level" but I don't think she said that.

you are right, it was actually "on that level"

LI_Mom
08-13-2008, 02:49 PM

Oh I believe that also.

But she STILL refuses to stop saying that Casey has told LE all she can tell them without putting Caylee in more danger. Arrrggghhhh.

Frankly, I think if Casey confessed, her parents would simply go before the cameras & say she only confessed to protect the family from the make-believe kidnappers. They're hopeless & just can't see how much their words will come back & HURT Casey at her murder trial.

DianeB
08-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Live with Cindy right now outside the home.Did you notice how she pulled into the garage and then walked out to talk to the Fox reporter? He didn't think he'd get an interview, but she trotted right over and started talking.

Now he's live on Fox, but Cindy is far behind him talking to another group of reporters in the driveway. He's probably irritated that he's missing it.

catsmeow
I think so too and I don't think they're done getting put in time-out either. Especially with George's latest rolling billboard adventure to the Keys to go spy on the kidnappers.

Which, by the way is a GREAT way to be incognito when you are, you know, going undercover watching the kidnappers of your grandchild to be traveling in a 'traveling billboard' truck with the childs face plastered on the sides...plant yourself closeby in the undercover poster truck. Great cop moves, Starskey!

tttterri
IMO, the grandparents could just use the word kidnapper in a wrong way. To them, anyone who has Caylee for any reason whatsover are kidnappers for they have kidnapped Caylee from THEM. I say this as to mean that even if she was stolen, sold, given away, whatever, to grandparents she has been kidnapped because the so called persons wont give her back. just my thoughts.

amethyst221
It's maddening. Really.

QuickAttack

She definitely said "on that level."

Chezhire
08-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Two. Casey could have voluntarily given Caylee away or used her as collateral.

another, third, which is the one I think was being intimated: she's deceased

amethyst221
Okay, Fox dude looking over his shoulder while trying to report, upset he may be missing the new Cindy confab -- a little funny.

mollymalone
I heard a blurb earlier from the spokesman, Padilla, saying the people stolen from would have to press charges.

Why did he say "Would have to"? Amy plans on pressing charges, but her parents?

Girlrilla
08-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Which, by the way is a GREAT way to be incognito when you are, you know, going undercover watching the kidnappers of your grandchild to be traveling in a 'traveling billboard' truck with the childs face plastered on the sides...plant yourself closeby in the undercover poster truck. Great cop moves, Starskey!

That and I can't help but think he's going to be reaching considerably less people with the billboard than oh, Fox News and CNN can reach with their daily coverage. I mean, how many NEW people that haven't heard about the case are gonna see the billboard for the first time? Maybe 1, 2? People without TV or the homeless maybe. A very small group of people. Shoot, a lot of cases have gotten solved just from being on America's Most Wanted and that's got less viewers than the regular news.

I feel bad for the guy because I don't think he knows what else to do and is in major denial. :(

Patty G
08-13-2008, 02:54 PM
I have videos now of all the recent reports off of FOX within the last hour with the recent interview with Cindy.

I have to down load from camera to computer then upload. Hopefully within an hour I'll have the links. New to Flip Video!!

SelmaClue
08-13-2008, 02:54 PM
My heartbreaks for the Anthony's I thik the only reason they have to say they beleive CAsey is because if theuy aknowledge that they do not THEN the have to admit to the fact that Caylee is no longer alove & they are trying so desprately to hold on the ANY hope she might still be alive.

I agree with and appreciate this logic. These people are in complete denial about the likely outcome and their daughter's guilt. They're like this:
:Benny_monkeysmilies

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 02:55 PM

I heard "on that level." If you go back and listen to those audio clips I see how it could be heard as "I'm not level" but I don't think she said that.Ok, Thanks!

SelmaClue
08-13-2008, 02:55 PM
I have videos now of all the recent reports off of FOX within the last hour with the recent interview with Cindy.

I have to down load from camera to computer then upload. Hopefully within an hour I'll have the links. New to Flip Video!!

Patty G -- you ROCK!

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE=mollymalone;2493999]Phil: do you know where Casey and Caylee were at mid-jun thru mid-jul
Cindy: I can't say exactly where she was at, that's what we're trying to peice together. Her friends have stated certain times of where she was at and that's what they're working on.QUOTE]

mid-June through mid-JulyThank you!

liltigress
08-13-2008, 02:56 PM
The lack of volunteers should tell them what the public thinks about all the lies and excuses. If it was announced that everyone line up to whip the truth out of Casey, people would actually PAY to do that.

They're going about collecting funds all wrong.

amethyst221
08-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Why did he say "Would have to"? Amy plans on pressing charges, but her parents?

When I tuned in, he was being asked about reports that LE would be charging CA with additional crimes involving the theft, credit card usage, etc. He vaguely responded that he was aware of the theft/CC allegations, and that the people affected could/would have to be the ones to press charges. I take that to mean THEY can, but LE can't initiate those charges of their own motion. So it's up to amy and the Anthonies, I guess.

tttterri
I dont know what the procedure is for banks but Amy stated on the 15th that she was probably going to be getting her money back, so mustve been from the bank. So, I would think the bank will have to press charges and Amy may have to testify. I read some posts a few days later from her that said something about she had had to go sign an affidavit and that is was all taken care of, but i cant rem where the posts were at that I read.

Blink34
Has it occurred to anyone else if LE truly believes that Caylee died on 6/16-6-18, the scope of what this woman actually did to conceal that death, eventually move the body, and "party daily" between then and 7/15? I thought I was harder than that but I simply cannot bear the thought of what that all means about a Mother, just cannot.

SelmaClue
IMO, the grandparents could just use the word kidnapper in a wrong way. To them, anyone who has Caylee for any reason whatsover are kidnappers for they have kidnapped Caylee from THEM. I say this as to mean that even if she was stolen, sold, given away, whatever, to grandparents she has been kidnapped because the so called persons wont give her back. just my thoughts.

ITA! And the person responsible is CASEY. They can't get over it and maybe never will. So very sad.

Chezhire
Same old banner about source within LE believes she might be dead.

thanks for the response - Did you watch the news live and so you know/saw firsthand whatever it was that Seriouslysearching saw/heard? I didn't and am waiting to hear from SS...

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Did you notice how she pulled into the garage and then walked out to talk to the Fox reporter? He didn't think he'd get an interview, but she trotted right over and started talking.

Now he's live on Fox, but Cindy is far behind him talking to another group of reporters in the driveway. He's probably irritated that he's missing it.I saw him go over and talk to her and when he kept getting the same answers from her he walked away, leaving Cindy talking to another reporter so he could talk to the news anchor.

Chezhire
08-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Has it occurred to anyone else if LE truly believes that Caylee died on 6/16-6-18, the scope of what this woman actually did to conceal that death, eventually move the body, and "party daily" between then and 7/15? I thought I was harder than that but I simply cannot bear the thought of what that all means about a Mother, just cannot.

hate this part of it, but you can see where the defense attorneys will run with this...

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 03:02 PM

Yes, she had to decide what to do, how to do it, where to do it and then she did. She has gone to a great length to cover whatever happened up.
That's cold. Especially if the child is deceased and she buried the body somewhere, no grave for the family to tend, but then, that may have been partially part of her motive for doing it that way. The other part being, saving her @@s or delaying the investigation and punishment.

MistyGirl
08-13-2008, 03:02 PM
I dont know what the procedure is for banks but Amy stated on the 15th that she was probably going to be getting her money back, so mustve been from the bank. So, I would think the bank will have to press charges and Amy may have to testify. I read some posts a few days later from her that said something about she had had to go sign an affidavit and that is was all taken care of, but i cant rem where the posts were at that I read.

They are all in the myspace comments thread

Blink34
08-13-2008, 03:03 PM
hate this part of it, but you can see where the defense attorneys will run with this...

They already have, and yes I do. I am not yet sold on those dates, but if true this case will plea almost immediately... The upside is if she does not, they will step up all efforts to find a body pronto. Sick freak, just sick.

amethyst221
08-13-2008, 03:03 PM
thanks for the response - Did you watch the news live and so you know/saw firsthand whatever it was that Seriouslysearching saw/heard? I didn't and am waiting to hear from SS...

Don't know about SS, but I was watching all the goings on on Fox, when that banner suddenly appeared about source/within LE/maybe dead. It kept up for a while, so I stopped paying attention due to other happenings to report. I didn't see the later qualifying or softening of that banner to point out it was just a theory or something. Hope this makes sense.

Blink34
08-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Yes, she had to decide what to do, how to do it, where to do it and then she did. She has gone to a great length to cover whatever happened up.
That's cold. Especially if the child is deceased and she buried the body somewhere, no grave for the family to tend, but then, that may have been partially part of her motive for doing it that way. The other part being, saving her @@s or delaying the investigation and punishment.

Molly, that is all true, but I guess I cannot get past the raw facts of what it would take to bury a dead baby, dig her up, and drive her around- sorry to be graphic, but why should anyone else sleep at night?
sorry, taking a break now :)

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks tttterri and amethyst221 about the info on pressing charges.

DianeB
08-13-2008, 03:06 PM
another, third, which is the one I think was being intimated: she's deceasedOh, I figured that was 'first'.

Patty G
08-13-2008, 03:07 PM
This was done earlier in the day around Noon or so.
FOX - 8/13/08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bzbp6DOj90

lawlady84
These people are just obnoxious and as my grandmother would say, very tacky. And self-centered and arrogant and I hope they file charges against them. It seems like they were at least put on warning with that last search warrant; I suppose that politically it is unfeasible to actually arrest them, although it would seem that if the circumstances were a little different, that's exactly what LE would do, in a heartbeat.

I can only speak to NY law but I doubt FL is different - in NY "accessory" laws are very loose. I would bet if this was a single "creepy-seeming" dad or uncle, and not harmless-middle-america seeming grandparents they would be IN JAIL on a material witness warrant or even charged as an accessory after the fact - they were possibly the last people to see caylee alive, and I'm sure there's enough reasonable evidence to hold them until someone speaks. But no judge would go there politically to arrest grieving grandparents I agree. politics :furious:

bam
I noticed that Fox had a LE make a commentary, and one thing he said was see how the GP's pause in their sentences. I guess that may mean that they were trying to choose their words carefully before they spoke. How many untruths can be told by Casey and her family?

drip~drop
08-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liltigress
Press 0 if you are the kidnappers.

omgggggggggg.....lol!:laugh:

Cindy Anthony comes home....pulls in the garage and ~~~ZOOOOM~~~ races to the media for a daily dose of attention!:bang:

MD MOMMY
08-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Previously Cindy said that they hadn't hired a psychic. Wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the behind!

I posted the article yesterday about the pyschic at her house. I'll have to locate and post it again.

Zuckerschnecke
This whole case is heartbreaking. I've had to tear myself away because of frustration at lack of breaks but I still keep coming back here for updates. We need to remember that this family has some issues, and this enabling is something they have done their whole lives with Casey, it isn't new. What's different is now they have lost their beloved granddaughter and they can't deal with that emotionally and will spin any tale to not make what seems obvious, the real truth. Their coping mechanisms are not what you and I might agree with, but I have to chalk it up to some mental problems, exposed only in such detail because of the media being a monkey on their back. They know Casey is sick. I look at the most recent video of her in court and she's close to breaking. Cindy is already there herself. Do I think the parents are innocent though - no way.

mollymalone
Molly, that is all true, but I guess I cannot get past the raw facts of what it would take to bury a dead baby, dig her up, and drive her around- sorry to be graphic, but why should anyone else sleep at night?
sorry, taking a break now :) It takes someone like Susan Smith, Routier, there's a list of names of people like who did what they did to their own children.

I think it would take someone who's lacking in empathy and is stunted emotionally except where it concerns themselves.

I don't think she buried her first. I think maybe she laid her on the ground while she figured out what to do, perhaps put her in the sandbox and covered her so no one could see until she got things together. Then she drove around with her, no telling how long. Then she decided on the where and then disposed of the car.

If she did try to use the shovel at the house, she would have quickly discovered and decided that a hole that big would be suspicious and her parents would want to know what it was for.

housemouse
08-13-2008, 03:12 PM
That and I can't help but think he's going to be reaching considerably less people with the billboard than oh, Fox News and CNN can reach with their daily coverage. I mean, how many NEW people that haven't heard about the case are gonna see the billboard for the first time? Maybe 1, 2? People without TV or the homeless maybe. A very small group of people. Shoot, a lot of cases have gotten solved just from being on America's Most Wanted and that's got less viewers than the regular news.

I feel bad for the guy because I don't think he knows what else to do and is in major denial. :(

Actually, you would be surprised how many people are not paying any attention to this. My sis wasn't until I gave her a "head's up". And, I went to get my hair trimmed yesterday, and asked a casual question at the local "beyooty shop". No one there was paying it any attention.

It is possible that we are a unique bunch. Lots of people do not watch news TV that much any more.

donnam
08-13-2008, 03:13 PM

That is something that I just can't wrap my head around either Blink. It is too unthinkable for me.
I have my granddaughter right now, who, as I have said is almost the exact same age as Caylee. I can't help but think about that poor baby every time I look at my granddaughter and every time she runs to kiss and hug me throughout the day. It just breaks my heart.

drip~drop
08-13-2008, 03:14 PM
The lack of volunteers should tell them what the public thinks about all the lies and excuses. If it was announced that everyone line up to whip the truth out of Casey, people would actually PAY to do that.

They're going about collecting funds all wrong.

Hey, I'll toss some funds that way!! ABsolutely!

Patty G
08-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Has a formal document from LE conference show up anywhere?

liltigress
08-13-2008, 03:16 PM

I'm right there with you. I have the morbid thoughts of how Casey could literally carry her dead baby in her arms and place her in the ground, or worse. It takes a severely unattached mind to go through the motions. It just breaks my heart to have to think it.

This case has made me think like this, much like when I thought of what Susan Smith's last thoughts were as she saw her little boys going under water.

It's gutwrenching and heartbreaking, something that we with normal minds can't comprehend.

murdershewrote
08-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Casey and Cindy both love attention and drama....she's become hooked on the limelight and feels she just has to say something all the time, you can tell the woman just loves to talk, IMO. Do they have legal representation or is Jose their attorney also?

housemouse
08-13-2008, 03:24 PM
I have noticed how much Cindy seems to enjoy the "limelight".

So much so, that between her nutty haircut and the attention seeking, I am beginning to think Cindy has Leo rising (on the ascendant).

Sure wish I could get birth times on the whole bunch.

Patty G
08-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Cindy Anthony (Not the Driveway Interview)
August 13, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-MW_ZovrzI

Blondieskatz
That's the strange thing about Cindy~ I have heard on many of the talk shows the family needs to shut up because what they say may be able to be used against Casey in court.

What's even stranger is that the "excuse" being used for CA not taking visitors in jail is the convo's being recorded. Can't they just have a simple convo with the GP's asking how are you, eating good, letting her know they're there for her, Casey asking any news on Caylee :rolleyes:, telling them how bad jail is. That way Cindy and Casey could both stay in the news and nothing incriminating would be out there for the public and the kidnapper to hear.

s_finch
It takes someone like Susan Smith, Routier, there's a list of names of people like who did what they did to their own children.

I think it would take someone who's lacking in empathy and is stunted emotionally except where it concerns themselves.

I don't think she buried her first. I think maybe she laid her on the ground while she figured out what to do, perhaps put her in the sandbox and covered her so no one could see until she got things together. Then she drove around with her, no telling how long. Then she decided on the where and then disposed of the car.

If she did try to use the shovel at the house, she would have quickly discovered and decided that a hole that big would be suspicious and her parents would want to know what it was for.

And if she "thought" about what she was doing, why would her first choice of a burial place be at her parents home? Maybe to frame them? Florida has plenty of places to dispose of a body and I wouldn't think in the back yard would be the best idea, then again that Marine (can't think of his name) tried to get away with that too.

QuickAttack
08-13-2008, 03:27 PM
It takes someone like Susan Smith, Routier, there's a list of names of people like who did what they did to their own children.

Check this out...two Harris County, Texas, cold-case investigators' take on the Anthony case:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68938

(Not trying to push my own thread, but it gives a view of this investigation from the LE standpoint--as well as the psyche of Casey.)

Chilly Willy
08-13-2008, 03:29 PM
There were a lot of questions asked here yesterday about where George was getting the information about the "kidnappers" being watched since the family hasn't had any recent communication with Casey. Now we've learned that the Anthonys have hired their own PI to investigate the case. I have to wonder if the PI isn't feeding them some BS. "Yes, your granddaughter was kidnapped and I have the kidnappers under surveillance. I need another $5,000 to pay for the extra manpower."

Lee seems to have dropped out of the picture. Maybe he's accepted that Casey is responsible for whatever has happened to Caylee and that's left him at odds with his parents?

Chilly Willy
08-13-2008, 03:31 PM
I have noticed how much Cindy seems to enjoy the "limelight".

So much so, that between her nutty haircut and the attention seeking, I am beginning to think Cindy has Leo rising (on the ascendant).

Sure wish I could get birth times on the whole bunch.

I know one thing, if my grandchild ever goes missing, I'm going to immediately rush to my hairdresser and get a style that passes public muster before calling 911. :eek:

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 03:36 PM
And if she "thought" about what she was doing, why would her first choice of a burial place be at her parents home? Maybe to frame them? Florida has plenty of places to dispose of a body and I wouldn't think in the back yard would be the best idea, then again that Marine (can't think of his name) tried to get away with that too.Hmm, that could have been part of her thinking. I think it was more like oh chit! What do I do now, where can I put her but after her initial thought of keeping her "close to home" she figured out that THAT close to home would not only incriminate her but get her caught.

But think about it, if she was/is that cold to bury the child there in her parent's yard, where she'd know but they wouldn't, that gives me shivers.

lawlady84
08-13-2008, 03:36 PM
I know one thing, if my grandchild ever goes missing, I'm going to immediately rush to my hairdresser and get a style that passes public muster before calling 911. :eek:

Haha, touche. Cindy's hair is the least of her problems.

NighTillDawn
08-13-2008, 03:37 PM
There are things that just don't make sense with this case. If these so called kidnappers have Caylee, why does Cindy make a spectical of herself on national television daily? There are many missing children out there, why focus strictly on this family? Why don't other cases make it to the airwaves? If the focus is finding Caylee, then why not tell the truth? We all know something horrible happened to Caylee, and I believe the grandparents know more than they are saying. If kidnappers had this child, don't you think I would spilling the beans to the FBI, the CIA, or any LE available? That doesn't need to be spewed to the media, it can be done in private. We all know that Casey isn't capable of telling the truth, so why are the grandparents protecting her? They should be ashamed of themselves, with their professions, you would think they would know better. Aren't they afraid when the poop hits the fan, that they may be going down with their daughter?

ketel0ne
08-13-2008, 03:38 PM
There were a lot of questions asked here yesterday about where George was getting the information about the "kidnappers" being watched since the family hasn't had any recent communication with Casey. Now we've learned that the Anthonys have hired their own PI to investigate the case. I have to wonder if the PI isn't feeding them some BS. "Yes, your granddaughter was kidnapped and I have the kidnappers under surveillance. I need another $5,000 to pay for the extra manpower."

Lee seems to have dropped out of the picture. Maybe he's accepted that Casey is responsible for whatever has happened to Caylee and that's left him at odds with his parents?

I don't think so, I believe we will hear from Lee in the next 24 hours and he will sound a bit like George. Man I hope I am wrong.

sweetwater
08-13-2008, 03:39 PM
I can only speak to NY law but I doubt FL is different - in NY "accessory" laws are very loose. I would bet if this was a single "creepy-seeming" dad or uncle, and not harmless-middle-america seeming grandparents they would be IN JAIL on a material witness warrant or even charged as an accessory after the fact - they were possibly the last people to see caylee alive, and I'm sure there's enough reasonable evidence to hold them until someone speaks. But no judge would go there politically to arrest grieving grandparents I agree. politics :furious:

Exactly. Politically impossible.
And this never-ending running amok BS would be stopped by a gag-order if the attorney actually thought he had a decent chance of defending her.
The low point for me, an clear indication that the attorney knows he is up a creek, was when he issued that outrageous statement about the similiarites between this Anthony case and the McCann kidnapping tragedy.

MitchLite
08-13-2008, 03:40 PM

This is a perfect example of word game, and how people with a mental illness convince themselves they are telling the truth

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Check this out...two Harris County, Texas, cold-case investigators' take on the Anthony case:

(Not trying to push my own thread, but it gives a view of this investigation from the LE standpoint--as well as the psyche of Casey.)
Thank you. I read that article on the investigators and their take on Casey.
"A beautiful sociopathic monster." They've brought up several things that we've all noticed in past cases and in this one.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Sweetwater, Baez has a high profile case on his hands, I can't see him applying for a gag order when he can parley his notoriety into tv spots a la Geragos.

lawlady84
08-13-2008, 03:49 PM
And this never-ending running amok BS would be stopped by a gag-order if the attorney actually thought he had a decent chance of defending her.

I thought that at first, but now I'm thinking odds are even if no body is found, Casey will be charged with murder or manslaughter, depending on what the prosecutor thinks she can support with the evidence. The lawyer probably wants as many wild yet borderline plausible theories to come up to create some reasonable doubt for trial. "Everyone has their own grieving process... BS BS BS... You might not like Casey, but there are X Y Z things that could have happened..." :mad:

Patty G
08-13-2008, 03:56 PM
FOX Report
August 13, 2008 - #3
Talks about some of news conference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7f83YEk24

Leila
08-13-2008, 04:03 PM

I have a friend who is in a similar situation right now. The friend's ex-husband knew and used her social security number to access her bank account, forged her name, and took thousands of dollars. The bank admitted they were at fault and replaced the funds in my friend's account. The bank has their own investigators and my friend was told that the bank, not her, would be pressing charges.

sweetwater
08-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Lawlady and MollyMalone-
I agree with you both; I must not have communicated my thought clearly.
BTW, what is Baez other "high-profile" case. Sorry, I've got server issues today.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 04:06 PM
I have a friend who is in a similar situation right now. The friend's ex-husband knew and used her social security number to access her bank account, forged her name, and took thousands of dollars. The bank admitted they were at fault and replaced the funds in my friend's account. The bank has their own investigators and my friend was told that the bank, not her, would be pressing charges.Since Casey stole from her parents cc and account I wonder if the same will occur over those thefts.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Lawlady and MollyMalone-
I agree with you both; I must not have communicated my thought clearly.
BTW, what is Baez other "high-profile" case. Sorry, I've got server issues today.I meant this case is a high profile case. I don't know if he has others ongoing.

sweetwater
08-13-2008, 04:09 PM
If Cindy was going to have filed charges, she would have. How can she file charges against "her best friend?"
Amy's check was supposedly cashed at a check cashing place with fake ID, so it's on that business, not the bank.

MitchLite
08-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Has a formal document from LE conference show up anywhere?

not that i can find, so much for florida sunshine law, huh?

QuickAttack
08-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Since Casey stole from her parents cc and account I wonder if the same will occur over those thefts.

Yes, if Cindy disputes the charges.

impatientredhead
08-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Since Casey stole from her parents cc and account I wonder if the same will occur over those thefts.

If Cindy had those charges taken off her card and the credit card company had to take the financial hit it would be the same scenario. When you sign the documents saying it isn't your charge and have the credit applied you agree to cooperating with their prosecution should they find the person.

sweetwater
08-13-2008, 04:13 PM
I have asked this question on a couple of different threads because I haven't been able to find a clear answer, well, anywhere. What is the actual statement/s of Cindy regarding the supposed theft of Casey? On Larry King or GMA? Wasn't that some other vague allusion?
Sorry if this is off-topic, but it doesn relate to the news conference, sortof. :)

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 04:15 PM
If Cindy had those charges taken off her card and the credit card company had to take the financial hit it would be the same scenario. When you sign the documents saying it isn't your charge and have the credit applied you agree to cooperating with their prosecution should they find the person.Thanks. Question is, did she or will she?
Cindy seemed pretty adamant when she called 911 about grand theft.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Has anyone heard anything more about the presser? That's ALL there was or is the media giving it to us in drips and drabs to keep us tuned in?

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 04:19 PM
I have asked this question on a couple of different threads because I haven't been able to find a clear answer, well, anywhere. What is the actual statement/s of Cindy regarding the supposed theft of Casey? On Larry King or GMA? Wasn't that some other vague allusion?
Sorry if this is off-topic, but it doesn relate to the news conference, sortof. :)
I believe it was in the first 911 call she alluded to her account and the theft of the car. As far as the credit cards, that was on another thread and I can't remember which one!

Patty G
08-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Has anyone heard anything more about the presser? That's ALL there was or is the media giving it to us in drips and drabs to keep us tuned in?

I looked about an hour ago for a possible written statement from the presser but so far haven't found anything yet.

sweetwater
08-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks. Question is, did she or will she?
Cindy seemed pretty adamant when she called 911 about grand theft.

Yes, but then she "qualified" her statement saying she said whatever she had to say to get LE attention.
I have been pretty skeptical about all these figures being bantied about- 4500, 45000... plus, there was never any follow-up. Another of Cindy's hollow claims, I think.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 04:22 PM
I looked about an hour ago for a possible written statement from the presser but so far haven't found anything yet.
Isn't that kind of strange? Normally they release a statement pretty quickly from their press officer.

Patty G
08-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Isn't that kind of strange? Normally they release a statement pretty quickly from their press officer.

I thought it was strange to meet with the press behind closed doors!

Lanie
08-13-2008, 04:24 PM

"Confrontational methods rarely work. The key reason we’ve successfully secured so many confessions is extreme patience." Direct quote from one of the Texas cold case detectives, and from personal experience, very accurate.
Lanie

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Yes, but then she "qualified" her statement saying she said whatever she had to say to get LE attention.
I have been pretty skeptical about all these figures being bantied about- 4500, 45000... plus, there was never any follow-up. Another of Cindy's hollow claims, I think.I'm not so sure it is. I think they intended to make her face up to the music, and when she was first arrested Cindy said "she's where she can get help" and George said "she needs to pay for her actions" and I took that to mean they were for once going to make sure she understood that with irresponsible acts comes consequences.

Patty G
08-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I have been pretty skeptical about all these figures being bantied about- 4500, 45000... plus, there was never any follow-up. Another of Cindy's hollow claims, I think.

I have never been able to find where she said about the money because NG ran with it. Maybe it was on one of the first interview Cindy did with NG. I'd love to see where this all happened.

Elley Mae
08-13-2008, 04:26 PM
I keep going back and forth,between here and tread 89.

Patty G
08-13-2008, 04:26 PM
not that i can find, so much for florida sunshine law, huh?

Maybe it's being typed! :rolleyes: And hopefully there are no typos! :eek:

Patty G
08-13-2008, 04:27 PM
I keep going back and forth,between here and tread 89.

Me too, plus uploading FOX reports from earlier today.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 04:27 PM
I thought it was strange to meet with the press behind closed doors!Yes, and I kinda doubt Cindy and George were in there with them. I'm trying to think of a case where LE met with the press and corrected misinformation like this. I have heard of instances where LE talked to media heads and got them to agree not to release something because it was vital to an investigation. I can't see them doing that in this case though unless they'd stumbled upon something we don't know about.
So far the media is as clueless as we are.

Patty G
08-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Tomorrow Caylee will be missing 60 Days!

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Tomorrow Caylee will be missing 60 Days! Shame on Casey for not speaking!!

diablo
08-13-2008, 04:33 PM

meh, ya just know the bank will not pursue it (esp. the Amp part) it would cost the bank much more $ to recoup what was lost.

Patty G
08-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Yes, and I kinda doubt Cindy and George were in there with them. I'm trying to think of a case where LE met with the press and corrected misinformation like this. I have heard of instances where LE talked to media heads and got them to agree not to release something because it was vital to an investigation. I can't see them doing that in this case though unless they'd stumbled upon something we don't know about.
So far the media is as clueless as we are.

No, Cindy and Geroge were not in the conference. I have a video of Cindy coming home and being interviewed in the driveway by FOX, it should be posted within the hour.

George was suppose to be riding around with the bulletin board, but by the looks of things, Cindy drove that vehicle into the driveway. Not sure what George is driving.

I can't recall a case where LE spoke behind closed doors. But then this case is one like no other. LE has the guilty person in jail already ..... but silence.

I try and be nice when I write Casey without calling her names and such, but I'm afraid the nasty feelings will pop out!

sweetwater
08-13-2008, 04:39 PM
I have never been able to find where she said about the money because NG ran with it. Maybe it was on one of the first interview Cindy did with NG. I'd love to see where this all happened.

Me, too.

mollymalone
08-13-2008, 04:40 PM
No, Cindy and Geroge were not in the conference. I have a video of Cindy coming home and being interviewed in the driveway by FOX, it should be posted within the hour.

George was suppose to be riding around with the bulletin board, but by the looks of things, Cindy drove that vehicle into the driveway. Not sure what George is driving.

I can't recall a case where LE spoke behind closed doors. But then this case is one like no other. LE has the guilty person in jail already ..... but silence.

I try and be nice when I write Casey without calling her names and such, but I'm afraid the nasty feelings will pop out!I saw the Fox report when she came home and was interviewed by Phil Keating.

I think LE is being silent because they're getting evidence ready and prepared as well as continuing to investigate. That was a long time period that Casey didn't report Caylee missing and investigating every bit of it takes time.
I share that feeling!!

Patty G
08-13-2008, 05:19 PM
They shouwed a clip from the press conference at ~5:10 PM, so there has to be a video out there somewhere.