PDA

View Full Version : Emotions regarding case...

Pages : [1] 2

SmileyAmy
08-13-2008, 02:40 PM
I know people are very emotionally attached to this case. Me included.

I wondered…how many of you are new to following a case like this? And if you are new, how are you dealing with the emotional affects? What drew you to this case?

And if you are a long time Websleuth, are you as emotionally attached to this as you are to others? What makes you follow these stories? How do you handle the emotional aspect?

I found this site through someone else – who was also following this case. I don’t know what drew me to it. Maybe it is the fact that Caylee and my daughter are the exact same age. Same month, day and year. And I just can’t imagine someone – nevermind ME – doing something like that to my sweet little girl. Maybe its all the questions behind the case that drew me in.

I’m having a hard time emotionally. I find myself checking for updates all the time. I worry that they won’t find her. I worry about how I’ll react if/when they find out that she is dead. I have this glimmer of hope even though I know what everything points to. I worry that we won’t ever get an answer. I worry that the media will eventually get tired of this and it will just get brushed aside.

To you veterans…is this normal? To the newbies…do you feel the same?

Feistyoldbroad
08-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Great thread. I found this site through an online search.
I grew up in Hollywood, Fl and was working in the Hollywood Mall the day Adam Walsh was abducted. I haven't been the same since. Each day I would walk by their parked car and see the blanket and snacks left in there should he be brought back.
I have followed missing children cases since, always hoping for a different ending.
The emotions I am feeling now, anger and sadness.
I'm angry that Casey's parents won't stand up and tell the truth. Casey, that woman has a hollow, cold heart.
What really made me see her for who she is was that one phone call when Casey was talking to Christine ( I think) and she said something like, "Oh, My God.... Calling you guys...a HUGE WASTE." She was pissed because the girl was crying and upset about Caylee.
I work with children that have special needs and for the life of me cannot comprehend how someone could ever hurt a child.

SmileyAmy
08-13-2008, 02:57 PM
I've never followed any cases before. This is new to me. I'm sucked in and emotionally attached.

Like I said...my daughters birthday is the same as Caylees. My friends/family thought I was crazy, but I put an extra candle on my daughters cake and let a cinderalla balloon go "for" Caylee.

CASuzk
08-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Yes, I'll admit it, I'm am emotionally attached to this case. I'm a parent, my kids are 19 and 26 years old and doing well but I've watched some of their friends struggle and you wonder what makes them go off the rail. I wonder when and why Casey started have troubles.
I was criticised by neighbors for sending my daughter to a small high school in another district but I found the values of the kids that she had grown up with were starting to corrupt and their parents no longer parenting.
Time has proven my observations were correct and motives were right.

IMO, there was a point in her life when Casey's parents could have helped her make better choices but that time is gone. This is true American Tragedy and that what makes it such a familiar and fascinating case.
IF the outcome is sad, yes, it will be very upsetting for everyone. The only thing you can really do is what you're doing right now, taking the best care you can of your little one and helping her grow up.

CASuzk
08-13-2008, 03:24 PM
I've never followed any cases before. This is new to me. I'm sucked in and emotionally attached.

Like I said...my daughters birthday is the same as Caylees. My friends/family thought I was crazy, but I put an extra candle on my daughters cake and let a cinderalla balloon go "for" Caylee.

Sweetie, no one should call you crazy for caring.

Sometimes we can take our grief and concern for one child and put it to work helping others in our community.
Casey should have finished high school and continued her education and made a proper life for Caylee. There are non-profit groups in your area which help teen moms do that and maybe you can volunteer to work with them or assist them with fundraising.

Sadly, Casey's birthday is March 19 which is my daughter's birthday as well.

SmileyAmy
08-13-2008, 03:31 PM

I'm sure you won't be putting any extra candles on her cake for Casey. LOL

SmileyAmy
08-13-2008, 03:34 PM

I had a friend specifially say that me doing that stuff was "over the top".

AM528
08-13-2008, 05:59 PM
My daughters name is Kayleigh Marie (same as Caylee) and a friend had told me about the case. I found Websleuths and have been hooked on the case for a few weeks now. It is so sad.

IntriguedMind
08-13-2008, 06:31 PM
This is my first time following a case and I'm in canada here so I found this website by searching for daily updates on google.

I became very interested when I first seen this story posted on another forum since reporting your child missing after 31 days is highly odd, I assume that is what attracted me.

For a while I was having sleepless nights where all I could do was draw conclusions and think about how and why, mostly how nothing made sense.
I felt very sad and would lay awake and think of all the scenarios I had read about earlier in the day.

However in the last week or so I have relaxed about it quite a bit and believe that there is no conspiracy, theres no secret sex ring, prostitution, hidden code in every jail house phone call or anything.

Not speculating on all of the bullhonky allows me to sleep better at night, even though it means I've made up my mind that this is at the least, a negligent homicide.

I hold out a little bit of hope that maybe I am wrong and there is some seriously twisted plot and Caylee is safe somewhere, but its only a little at this point.

I hope if Casey has harmed her daughter, LE find enough to lock her up tightly so she is unable to be seen smiling again in a club!!

Amberjack
08-13-2008, 06:40 PM
I've been following crime cases since O.J.
Missing person cases:
Scott Peterson, Susan Smith, Joran van der Sloot, etc.
What gets me so angry, so frustrated is these "sociopaths" saying,
"It wasn't me...but, look at me!"
They are all guilty whether they serve any time in jail or not,
and focus should be on the victim's life & death.

My opinion? Occam's Razor-"All other things being equal,
the simplest solution is the best."

Cubby
08-13-2008, 07:39 PM
At the moment I am simply po'd that Casey is allowing her family and friends to suffer and remain in limbo while she holds the cards and KNOWS exactly what happened to her daughter.... though my emotions regarding this case change daily and I get frustrated that the same old same old is all we hear on a daily basis and I don't know when any new RELEVENT information will come along. I keep hoping someone stumbles across her body... and I hate saying that, while I do keep a small amount of hope because we have no definate answers as of yet.

I found WS searching for info on absent fathers and found Dalles McKinsey's story in the cold case forum. (Yes, I know, strange way to find WS.) I started reading and have been hooked since... I religiously follow about 5 cases here and occasionally read others.

I'm also an avid counter, and love participating in the chat at the countdown from a million in the game room..... lots of fantastic people there and a nice break on a lighter note with some fun and a place to vent/share and make some fantastic friends. Everyone is welcome!

txsvicki
08-13-2008, 08:19 PM
I've never let crimes in the news affect my emotions to a big extent that it interfered with my life or daily living. I got interested during the Laci Peterson case and have kept following other crimes. Having been a crime victim years ago and seeing all these cases make me feel that there is real evil in the world. I'm interested in learning about it and how to prevent things from happening. The cases, such as a missing and murdered woman in my town and Drew Peterson never being arrested or charged frustrates, scares, and angers me. I guess since the crime has already happened when I read about it online, I am more emotionally invested in the evil murderer being caught and convicted before they hurt someone else.

Adrienne37
08-13-2008, 08:23 PM
This is about my 15th case that I have followed starting of course with OJ. I have to say, in all that I have read and heard from other cases, this one has me the most baffled. I can't get a handle on this family and how they rationalize their actions and emotions. I always thought that Scott Peterson's family was the strangest that I had ever come across, this family makes them look like the ideal American family. Anyway, it's easy to become attached to the victims in these types of cases and to actually develop feelings for them and what they are going through. However, I will state that I do not feel any sympathy towards the Anthony's as they have given me no reason to feel sympathetic towards them or their present situation. My thoughts and prayers are for Caylee and Caylee only. Irregardless of what the outcome is in this case, she did not deserve this. JMO.

santos1014
08-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I found this forum searching for information on Darlie Routier. I found what I needed here to complete my opinion of her case in this forum. There are some very very VERY informed people in this forum. I then moved onto the JonBenet case...I got too involved in that one and had to take a break for about a year. I started back onto Websleuths, just before Caylee went missing and have become involved with her as well. I am emotionally attatched to this case, because I have a granddaughter bout the same age as Caylee.
I think it is normal for us to become emotinally involved...we are caring people here.

I have an obsessive personality anyway, so this is the place for me LOL.:crosseyed::wave:

lisalei321
08-13-2008, 09:16 PM
I've always been stuck on the "true crime" books and novels, started getting seriously interested w/Diane Downs because at the time I was a single mom with 3 kids, Susan Smith came along while I was working at an airport and even then my first thought was no way - no how, I'd be dead and not making statements to the media.

This case has me extremely torn... I think there is way more happening behind the scenes than is even remotely in the media.

I think that the backgrounds on the players in Casey's life is going to play a huge part in what we find out, and where Caylee is (whether w/god or w/the babysitter).

I don't normally go over the top on these cases, I usually read the daily updates and go on with my life, but this case has kicked me out of my comfort zone, I have to force myself to stay off this site while working AND turn my phone off to keep from checking what I've missed.

Come on Casey...Give it up, what happened?

one_hooah_wife
08-13-2008, 09:19 PM

My B'day too!

ShouldBWorking
08-13-2008, 09:39 PM
If I told you I wrote Casey a letter today and I have been taking Ambien for 2 weeks to sleep would you get the picture of just how affected I am?

I am a news junkie and didn't think any story could affect me like Laci and Conner but this is worse....

not_my_kids
08-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Let's see...
1. I am losing sleep. A cigarette and a pot of coffee is substituting for sleep right now.
2. I am letting my other cases lag, because I might miss something on this one if i wander to far for too long.
3. I am actually trying to involve my fiancee, who really does not bother with things such as these...
4. My oldest child actually prayed, "Let Caylee come home so Mommy will cook dinner again. I don't like Daddy dinners"
Am I considered obsessed?

ShouldBWorking
08-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Let's see...
3. I am actually trying to involve my fiancee, who really does not bother with things such as these...
4. My oldest child actually prayed, "Let Caylee come home so Mommy will cook dinner again. I don't like Daddy dinners"

husband watched Nancy Grace for me tonight because I had to work late and text me "news" ha...

dinner...huh???

not_my_kids
08-13-2008, 10:14 PM
husband watched Nancy Grace for me tonight because I had to work late and text me "news" ha...

dinner...huh???

Mine took notes because I was in the shower when it started. He said he was afraid of what would happen if I didn't know I had missed. :crazy:

SmileyAmy
08-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks for all your responses. I can say that this hasn't really taken over my life. But it is constantly on my mind. And I come here often to check and see if there have been any updates.

SusieClue
08-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Mine took notes because I was in the shower when it started. He said he was afraid of what would happen if I didn't know I had missed. :crazy:

Now, THAT is a good husband!:clap:

Cubby
08-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Let's see...
1. I am losing sleep. A cigarette and a pot of coffee is substituting for sleep right now.
2. I am letting my other cases lag, because I might miss something on this one if i wander to far for too long.

Uh oh.....

FWIW, it is scary there are more posts here now including the sub forum than there are in the entire JBR forum, unless there is older stuff from there that is archived somewhere.....

I'm so tired of this, there is nothing really new that is RELEVANT on a daily basis..... I'm tired of the hoopla..... Sadly the draw is the odd behavior of the family as opposed to the real issue- Caylee.... and I am about sick of being party to it... but that is just myself and no reflection on my thoughts of anyone else following the case.

krimekat
08-14-2008, 10:37 AM
I have gotten a few friends interested in this case by "making" them watch Greta & Nancy Grace instead of the Olympics.

AlwaysShocked
08-14-2008, 11:10 AM
I've been following cases since the OJ trial. I found websleuths during the Chandra Levy case. I do not lose any sleep over any of the cases, but I do find myself sometimes prefacing comments that I make with "I probably watch too much CourtTV" (Yeah, I know, it isn't CourtTV any more). Every time it is reported that a woman has been found murdered I immediately think the husband/boyfriend did it. (And SO often that is the case!)

I now have my husband watching Nancy Grace nightly with me. AND he's watching trials during the day. (He's off work sick right now.) Little quirky secret I've discovered: My husband gets off work at 3:30 Eastern, is home by 4:00 PM. I don't get home until later. Since he's been off work at home sick, I call him to see how he is doing, if he needs me to stop for anything at the store on the way home, etc. Sometimes in the afternoons he was quite short with me and seemed to want to get off the phone. Upon questioning, it urns out there is an afternoon soap opera that he has been watching faithfully for several years now when he gets home from work! Hey, who knew???

Neptunian
08-14-2008, 11:19 AM
First post! Hello, all.

I have been closely following this case for two weeks now, my heart breaks for this little girl.

Two weeks ago I learned that my mother passed away. We had been estranged for years. A long, ugly story with an unhappy ending. In typical fashion (for me) I withdrew from the world, and to keep my mind busy I started obsessively reading the internet news. This is how I learned Caylee's story. And how I found you all here - researching news updates on google. Now I read this site more than the news reports since the information offered here is so up to date. And the opinions! Excellent. Every time I think of something to add, I find that it has already been discussed, so I have stayed quiet. This message strand discussing emotions about this case and how we were drawn to it seems the best way to say hi to you all and to let you know that I think you are doing a great job.

I so very badly want a happy ending to this nightmare for Caylee, she deserves it. But as each day progresses, I fear this beautiful, precious child will not be found. I am trying to hold onto some hope.

Other emotions regarding this case:
Anguish for Caylee, who at best, is in the hands of "kidnappers". Hope that she is safe.
Anger with the mother's callous disregard for the wellbeing of her daughter.
Mixed emotions toward the grandparents, fluctuating between compassion for their plight and confusion over how they are handling things.
Frustration - this whole investigation is taking so long and seems to go in circles at times.

Thanks for reading!

jessunlil
08-14-2008, 12:27 PM
I found Websleuths during the Laci Peterson case. To this day, I can't explain to you what drew me to that case and why I cared so much but I lived and breathed it for awhile.

Caylee resembles my daughter at that age and that may be part of why I care about this case. Her pictures just break my heart because I remember how vulnerable and precious my daughter was at 2 and 3.

Part of me also feels like Caylee needs as many people on her side as possible, no matter where she is.

wallflower67
08-14-2008, 01:27 PM
I believe I came to Websleuths during the Laci Peterson case. Prior to that, for some unknown reason, I had decided to look up JonBenet's case to see if anything new was going on. After I found Websleuths, I read up on her case as well, but couldn't stand to read much. two years ago? during the John Mark Karr situation, I became completely obsessed with the JBR case and read any and every book on the subject so I could come to my own opinion.

I had NOT even been able to think that much about her until then...couldn't bear it. My dd was almost 2 when JBR died, and I just couldn't think about losing a child. I was pg during the Susan Smith case, and I couldn't think of that either. My mind would literally shut down and I'd feel kicked in the stomach.

I have only been able to follow these cases since my daughter is older, even though now there are still worries that something could happen to her. I will not let her walk anywhere like the park alone. When she walks to her friend's house up the street, she has to call me when she gets there because I can't see the front door. She is bigger than me and is a black belt in Tae Kwon Do!

My step-son about two weeks younger than JBR...i thought of her at his HS graduation in May.

for those of you with little kids...I honestly don't know how you read about this case. You must be very brave! That video of Caylee is so precious...reminds me of my dd when she was that age.

SmileyAmy
08-14-2008, 02:03 PM
for those of you with little kids...I honestly don't know how you read about this case. You must be very brave! That video of Caylee is so precious...reminds me of my dd when she was that age.

That is what tugs at my heart strings. Caylee and my daughter are the EXACT same age. I just can't imagine doing anything to my daughter.

Cubby
08-15-2008, 02:10 AM
with Casey having access to TV, how on earth can she possibly allow her family to go through this anguish?

IMO, the visit on the 14th was staged.... Casey HAD to accept a visit because she knew continued advoidance only added to increasing speculation and partial facts towards her guilt.

Like someone said, this is a nightmare.

birdie
08-15-2008, 02:30 AM
I followed the OJ case as well.

I found Websleuths a couple of days after Laci Peterson went missing. I've been following cases here since then. I rarely post, mostly read.

Caylee struck me because of her age. The young are so helpless, my heart bleeds for them when their parents don't take care of them as they should.

Susan Smith fooled me, I used to believe everything the parents said, but I've learned to read between the lines....oh and when a married or pregnant woman goes missing, I know know the husband or babies father is usually the culprit.

I usually keep a better eye on the missing, but am spending so many hours reading the Caylee threads I gave up on the missing for now.

MistyM
08-15-2008, 05:03 AM
i was JUST going to make a new thread tonight about how we are going to feel if they discover kaylee's body.

this has all been so surreal, sometimes i get really tired of the 'no information' and take a break for a while. but, i don't know exactly what is going to happen here.

IF she is found. i'm going to cry. i know it. and i'm PRETTY tough when it comes to things like this...

two other cases that have made me cry were samantha runnion (that was close tothe same period of the missing sweetie danielle van dam and i didn't cry for her for some reason, don't know why), and then the still missing jason jolkowski. i read his story and saw his face and broke into tears. i don't even have a son that age or anything! some things just really hit you.

i don't know what it is. but there are SO many of us interested in this case.
it's going to be a very sad sad day on websleuths when the truth comes out.

especially if that little girl is found in a horrible way.

thatswhatshesaid
08-15-2008, 05:19 AM
i was JUST going to make a new thread tonight about how we are going to feel if they discover kaylee's body.

this has all been so surreal, sometimes i get really tired of the 'no information' and take a break for a while. but, i don't know exactly what is going to happen here.

IF she is found. i'm going to cry. i know it. and i'm PRETTY tough when it comes to things like this...

two other cases that have made me cry were samantha runnion (that was close tothe same period of the missing sweetie danielle van dam and i didn't cry for her for some reason, don't know why), and then the still missing jason jolkowski. i read his story and saw his face and broke into tears. i don't even have a son that age or anything! some things just really hit you.

i don't know what it is. but there are SO many of us interested in this case.
it's going to be a very sad sad day on websleuths when the truth comes out.

especially if that little girl is found in a horrible way.

Well said. I'm in a similar place. With so many cases I take notice and of course feel bad for the loss of any child or young person, but not like this. I feel more emotionally over Caylee and this case than just a casual observer. When...if...when they announce they've found Caylee and it isn't positive, I will likely be here shedding many tears with fellow WSers.

CheckDaFacts
08-15-2008, 05:20 AM
Violent crime, missing persons and missing children, wrench your heart and soul for none of it ever stands up to rhyme or reason. Discarding of people in any callous or indifferent manner is mind boggling. Hard cases to deal with and it impacts one deeply. Their very hard cases to both work up and investigate.

Periwinkle
08-15-2008, 06:28 AM
Hi, Everyone, Thanks SmileyAmy, for starting this thread,
I found this site by browsing the net, after I saw the news report saying missing child not reported for 31 days, and joined shortly afterward, I have been following this case almost from the start, It's the first missing child case that I've ever followed this closely, I love children, and consider them to be our most precious gift from God, So I'm quite emotional over this, and I know what you mean MistyM, I will most definitely be crying

SmileyAmy
08-15-2008, 09:11 AM
I know...either way...however she is found, I will cry. I just hope its soon. :(

hawki123
09-06-2008, 09:39 PM
I have been a long time true crime reader. I don't buy the real gory ones...they are just too much for my sensibilities.My husband thinks I am crazy for reading these type books but I have sisters and cousins and friends who read the same. Ann Rule is my favorite because she goes into the criminal's backgrounds and she always finds what shaped that criminal as a child...if they came from a very dysfunctional family. Drugs,alcohol,all kinds of perversions,porno is a big cause that frame how these people grown up to be so abhorent to the normal person. After getting my computer several years ago and mainly finally getting cable on our road brought these stories to my attention when maybe I hadn't even read of the case,according to how far away the crimes occurred. I think these books and TV shows can help especially women to be more aware of their surroundings and to clutch their children closely when they are out...look what happened to little Adam Walsh in a Sears store of all places. Reading and keeping aware of every thing AND every ONE is the key to self preservation whether it's women or their children. There are always predators out there. We keep a running account of all sex predators that have moved into our town thru the local paper/or the Sex Offender Registry.
About little Caylee Anthony I am totally drawn in to her case because she is so young and all things point to her mother. I read your site for the Padilla's and was glad that someone had thought to do that for them both. I too thought Leonard was in it for the publicity but once he was on Nancy Grace night after night he subjected himself to all manners of criticism yet he never lost his cool. I began changing my mind about him then.And when he began commenting on Cindy and that she was in total denial and that Casey wouldn't talk to him I was completely won over on Leonard's side. Those grandparents know what happened and I think IMHO that they participated in the cover-up. Cleaning up Casey's messes and jams as they always had done. What is so different in this case than any that I have read or heard of is the Anthony's lying...changing their stories when it's on film,when it was at the bond hearing when Cindy perjured herself. I don't care what George Anthony USED to work as...the fact is he's lying now to save Casey. But what about their precious little grandaughter?Cindy, by her actions,ravings,and rantings,and George always going ballistic...but they KEPT talking to the reporters who they were cursing especially Cindy. It's been said down here in the South that Cindy never met a camera she didn't like. Instead of ever searching even ONE day,they watered their flowers,George cut his grass,they seemed to live out in front of their garage,they wanted people searching,even reporters...she was cursing each time telling all of America to get off their ***** and go find her grandaughter yet she never turned a hand to do any searching as her time was taken up with appearing on every show she could get on...so was George but never had time to search. Let that slimeball attorney of Casey's try to spin one more lie about how the Anthony's searched. THEY NEVER DID! On all the blogs,forums,etc., I have been on and so many from Orlando, people down there find it very odd and strange that these are the first family that never participated in a search for a loved one especially when it's a 2 yr.old child. Can any one say they have ever seen Cindy Anthony cry or show emotion unless it was anger and her profanities. Tm Miller and Equusearch were down to 35 volunters last week till Tim came on Nancy Grace and told of Cindy's tirade because of WHERE he and his team were searching. Cindy ordered every body to get out there and find her grandaughter and when they bring in this very reputable group, Cindy goes ballistic because she doesn't want them to search those 3 areas where the LE has said Casey's cell pinged...Cindy KNOWS
that Caylee is alive and she doesn't like them looking in the woods,around the airport. Tim Miller and team were going to pack it in until Sheriff Beary asked Tim for he and his team to stay...he gave them $5,000,planes,helicopters,drones,etc. and Cindy is MAD!!!
Cindy then added Tim Miller to her hit list...she already had Leonard Padilla,the famous bounty hunter on that same list,and she started weaving her hateful barbs about them both accusing them of wanting the publicity. Neither of these men need any Anthony publicity for one thing and she couldn't even thank them! Padilla gets their darling out of jail and Cindy herself calls up Tim Miller and his team Equusearch.Then George and Cindy go out and get all "lawyered up" and retain a media firm. What does that tell all of us? Why in heaven's name would those grandparents need representation if they weren't more guilty than I even thought??? And we find out last night that grandma and grandpa have sold pictures and videos of Caylee and Casey that was shown on 20/20 last night!
That baby has not even been FOUND and they are already receiving blood money off their supposedly so loved grandaughter. Something smells in Denmark and in this case it really smells in Orlando. What is wrong with this picture???

Advocate4
09-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Thirty-five years ago when my son was just a baby, a little toddler boy was sexually abused, murdered and thrown into a river within my same state. I realized I had to be fearful and careful of something like that happening to my own child. That was the beginning. A few years later, I adopted a little girl who had lived her first 6 years with terrible abuse and neglect ... at one time I feared she would turn out to be rather like Casey Anthony is now due to that background, but thankfully my daughter is today a very wise and caring young woman with two wonderful daughters of her own and she is a wonderful mother to them.

I've worked nearly 20 years in law offices -- not criminal law, but it heightened my interest in criminal law and even in the offices of other types of law, there is interest and a lot of discussion and debate about cases in the news. Also, I read a lot of books in the genre ... legal thrillers, police and forensic novels, etc. I like learning a lot in those fields.

Last but not least, I have a particular bug-a-boo about men who prey on women and children, taking advantage of those weaker and smaller than they are, in so many ways. That doesn't appear to be the situation in this particular case, but it's still a matter of someone bigger and stronger taking advantage of a child in a terrible, criminal way.

I am not a long-time participant on Websleuths, I've participated on the Maura Murray case and on that of Dru Sjodin but not necessarily much on Websleuths. From an emotional standpoint, it is largely anger that I feel -- the pain doesn't come until I know what the victim suffered, and then it's pain plus rage. I participate because I want justice and an END to the unnecessary damage and loss of life that comes about due to selfish destructive people.

mrstewart
09-06-2008, 10:32 PM
This is not the first case I have been drawn to but it hits me so hard as a mother who cannot fathom the thought of hurting one of my children. I shudder to think about what her last thoughts and sights were.

God bless her.

Rose Mom
09-06-2008, 10:41 PM
My draw came from having a 22 year old and a 3 year old !!!( a 5 year old and 18 year old too).

I feel like I know the ways of a 22 year old and I cherish my 3 year old.
I watch all parts of this case in different lights.
I would love to stay here as crime solving is facinating to me....
(my 18 year old daughter just went to FL to study forensic science)

SleuthinCa
09-06-2008, 10:52 PM
I was on the search team for Danielle Van Dam in San Diego in 2002. I was wrapped up in that case since it happened so close to me. I've followed quite a few cases since and I get emotionally involved in each one. The 3 I've followed the most are Danielle Van Dam (obviously), Trenton Duckett, and Caylee. I don't remember how I found this forum originally but I was a long time lurker. Didn't start posting until Caylee.

elitenls
09-06-2008, 11:17 PM
I am 100% obsessed with this case. Before it, I had never heard of this site. I'm scaring myself how often I'm checking for updates and wanted to just explode in comments about my anger/frustration/sympathy ... emotions are running rampant whenever I see that little girl's picture.

I also realize that I'm an educated, responsible adult and father. My little girl looks at me, and says "Daddy" and my heart melts. I can't remotely fathom how anyone could hurt their child. The coldness of this mother puzzles and confuses the hell out of me. The emotionless stares and unwillingness to help boggles my mind.

However, I still reserve the right to point at evidence and speculation and call it fact. There are facts that say this little girl is no longer alive, I accept that and it will not shock me if she is indeed deceased. However, there is no fact that says it was her mother that caused that death. So, I can't blame her yet. Yet. If a fact does arise that shows without a doubt that it was her -- I will be the first one to burst my emotions on to the screen about hate/anger/frustration -- until then, I say this:

This damn case is driving me insane, and I really really really want it to come to a close! I haven't slept since Thursday night ...

Evan's Mom
09-06-2008, 11:20 PM
This is the first case that I've ever had affect me so deeply.
I've never teared up and cried over someone not personally connected to me like this.
Just today I questioned myself, wondering if I've might have gone into a slightly serious depression.

doogiesgirl
09-06-2008, 11:30 PM
I am a newbie but only to WS. I am a work at home mom right now and i keep the tv on during the day just for noise. I have noticed in the last 2 to 3 years that the number of missing children or abducted children just seems to grow as time goes by. I got emotionally attached to a little girl in Ohio first, (they found her head, never did find her body and i still think and dream about her all the time. When the boy that was snatched after getting off the school bus and then they found him along with Shawn (another boy that had been abducted 4 years previous) thats when i dropped to my knees and started praying for these kids, at the moment the news reports them taken. I of course noticed when Caylee came up missing and it was reported on the news. and yes i am probably too emotionally involved. How can you not be though. I mean you know how you would feel it was your kid. I think thats why i am so agitated by this family, they go against every reaction you can imagine yourself having in the same situation. Anyway yea, i am emotionally involved way past my eye balls!

suzet
09-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Hi,
I was originally lured into this case by Cindy Anthony's 911 call. I could feel the sheer terror in her voice. I loved the fact that she had had it with her daughter's lies and this grandma was going to do whatever it took to find her granddaughter. I found it unusually refreshing, not to mention compelling, that Cindy would call the police on her daughter to find her precious little granddaughter. You could hear in her voice that she had reached the end of her rope with Casey. It was tough love at it's best. I was hooked. Then things changed, Cindy changed, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

The twists and turns seemed to be unlike any other case I have ever followed. And at the top of all this is sweet little Caylee. My favorite photo of her is the one in the car seat where she is holding her doll and sporting a "hey, wait a second," look in her eye. What a personality! She sure did love hats! So I am here for the duration.

I go from frustration to sadness to madness in this case. Sometimes I can barely think about that poor baby and what she must have gone through. Sometimes I get very angry about what is not being done to help find her. Sometimes I get impatient waiting for something to happen, some closure, anything that would bring peace to this child. If I think too much about Caylee, I get teary eyed. I am so hopeful Tim and his wonderful team find Caylee.

I have always been interested in mysteries. I believe in fairness and getting the bad guys. I followed the OJ case very closely. Geez, what a complete moron! I feel so badly for his children and all the families involved. I followed the Natallee Holloway case quite extensively. I was shocked by how that case was handled and what an amazing, gracious, lady Beth was. I vowed to boycott Aruba. Another sociopath getting away with murder. I lurked on this forum and another popular one during that time, but never posted here until this case. I guess watching Joran get away with murdering Natalee has made me less hopeful of catching the bad guys these days. I guess I never give up hope though. Glad to be part of Websleuths.

OriginalJerseyGirl
09-06-2008, 11:41 PM
SmileyAmy, what you're feeling is very normal to me. I don't know that everyone here feels the same way but I suspect that all of us are drawn here by similar personality traits and therefore, most of us probably do experience similar emotions in regards to certain cases.

I find that cases that tend to haunt me the most are cases involving people that remind me of the people that I love the most. It's very difficult for me to handle a case that involves a child that is the same age as one of my own children. It's almost as if the harm that came to that child becomes a real danger in my mind to my child as well. I don't really know how to verbalize this; it's something emotional that I never really tried to put into words until now. In any case, even if I had no children, the harm that befalls some of the children we discuss here would haunt me regardless so I hope you don't misunderstand. But there's just something about a case that reminds you so much of your own child that just makes it seem so much more real, IMO.

I'm going to read the other posts on the thread and hopefully you're hanging in there and feeling a bit better with the responses that have been posted. Please feel free to reach out, through posts or PM's, if you feel the need.

magiemay
09-06-2008, 11:49 PM
I am a newbee to ws, I can still remember when I first heard about this story I was sweeping in the hall the tv was on in the next room they were searching the Anthony's yard with the dogs, You know that seems so long ago. I don't know how I got so all consumed with this but happened upon ws doing a search for info and updates.

I like so many have been overtaken with it O just feel that they have got to find this baby and bring closure to all of this. Two nights last week I dreamed about this baby she has pretty much taken over my life asleep and awake, I am constantly looking here for updates and hoping for some closure.

This family is just so bizare maybe that is why we have all been drawn to it I don't know it just seems as though we care more than they do. I hope not but it is beginning to seem so.

I have never gotten involved in anything like this before and now it seems my laundry is behind my floors need washing , you know like almost every one here.

I just pray that it all ends soon and we can grieve the loss and get back to normal. But one thing I think we know from what we are doing is if we had a lost toddler we would not be dressed and made up for the camera we would be desperately seeking answers.jmo

OriginalJerseyGirl
09-06-2008, 11:51 PM
The only thing you can really do is what you're doing right now, taking the best care you can of your little one and helping her grow up.
I agree. And in a sad sort of way, it will probably make you an even better parent than you already are because the tragedy of this often makes us realize even more the extreme value of our own little ones. We hold them a little closer, spend a little more time with them, speak to them in gentler tones ... trying to be the parents that we wish all children were fortunate enough to have.

OriginalJerseyGirl
09-06-2008, 11:57 PM
There are non-profit groups in your area which help teen moms do that and maybe you can volunteer to work with them or assist them with fundraising.
This is a wonderful suggestion. One thing I've definitely discovered is that helping out in various ways helps me to not feel quite so helpless when a case like this grabs me. It's a way to try to make something positive out of something so senseless.

OriginalJerseyGirl
09-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Last but not least, I have a particular bug-a-boo about men who prey on women and children, taking advantage of those weaker and smaller than they are, in so many ways. That doesn't appear to be the situation in this particular case, but it's still a matter of someone bigger and stronger taking advantage of a child in a terrible, criminal way.
IMO, these cases are the absolute worst. There is nothing worse than a parent betraying their child this way. For a child to be harmed by the one person they love & trust the most is just unforgiveable. A crime committed by any adult on any child is appalling but when it's a parent on child crime, you know that many times, the child didn't even know to be afraid or cautious because they'd never suspect that mommy or daddy would ever hurt them. A child's innate instincts don't protect them from their parents because they've learned to trust the parents and rely on them for protection. That's why these cases seem to affect me the most.

truthsleuth
09-07-2008, 12:33 AM
I don't like when things in my world don't make sense. And this case makes no sense.

When I first heard the Caylee Anthony story, I was at a loss as to why the mother of a beautiful 2-year-old child couldn't find enough love in the depths of her soul to cry and SHOUT to anyone and everyone who would listen "Help me find my child!" I couldn't understand why she wouldn't share information with the very people who were ready and willing to help her find Caylee--the police, the public at large, and the search teams. Or why, at her bond hearing, she cried only because she was being incarcerated, not because her child was gone. I couldn't understand why her mother Cindy, who knew from the first day that something had gone awry ("I can smell decomposition in the car! Oh my God! Something's terribly wrong here--I need to find my granddaughter!") did a 360-degree turn and has lied repeatedly to protect her daughter Casey. All of these things that make no sense have kept me up night after night searching for answers.

While I am convinced that Caylee is resting in her Heavenly Father's arms, she needs a resting place for her earthly body. If the Anthonys have not put Caylee's interests first in this matter, at least we the public have. She has touched so many hearts. May she be found soon and may peace be restored to all of us again.

Short_Stuff
09-07-2008, 12:47 AM
I followed this case since seeing it on Greta early on, then found this site thru a websearch.
I have followed other cases ie Laci Peterson and Natalie Holloway on Greta's show (but I didnt follow them on here).
I've always been a super spy type person I guess.
All cases get to me, but when I look at Caylee's pictures it really gets to me because I have 3 young granddaughters. So I really feel bad about all this.
Add in Casey's lies and I cringe at the possibilities, because I hate lying more than anything on earth.

Breaking Heart
09-07-2008, 12:56 AM
I've been following the Trenton Duckett case for 2 yrs now. I got hooked on that case because of a headline that said "Trenton 2 abducted". My son's name is Trenton and at the time was 2. That was the first missing child case I ever followed. I swore to myself, and others, I would never follow another missing child case because of the emotional roller coaster it sent me thru...and because I became a very paranoid parent. I literally would not take my eyes off my son in a public place. I wouldn't take him shopping because I couldn't shop and stare at him the whole time. :) So, while following the Duckett case I saw links to Caylee's disappearance...and here I am. Getting sucked in again. It's been a very long 2 years for missing Trenton Duckett, I hope and pray Caylee's case doesn't turn out the same. I'm not sure I could handle following another unsolved disappearance.

Reannan
09-07-2008, 01:00 AM
I grew up in a world where there was only three channels on the TV, and they were all black and white. There was no internet, and no computers - outside of NASA and large academic institutions. When I was 11 or 12 years old, I had an uncle who was addicted to True Crime stories. He would have LOVED WebSleuths, Court TV (aka Tru TV - or something), FBI Files, CSI, etc. His resource was cheap sleezy magazines that almost always depicted a woman in a nightgown or lingerie of some sort posed on crumpled sheets and pretending to be dead. I was fascinated with the stories in my uncle's magazines, and he got a kick out of discussing them with me. He would leave me his old copies to read. Time marched on, I got distracted with boys, high school, college, marriage, career, and children. After finding cable TV, I discovered Court TV, FBI Files, CSI, etc. My husband HATES this sort of thing. I remember one night, I was up late watching a crime story on cable, and he came down stairs to beg me to come to bed. His words ring in my head today: "What murder are we watching on TV tonight??" I looked annoyed (and not in the least interested in going to bed - especially after that comment), and then he said this: "You know - you are just like your Uncle Ralph except you have TV instead of magazines". I was absolutely shocked. I had never made the connection or even thought about it. There is something in me that makes me need to understand crime and criminals. Maybe it is my delusional way of controlling it. I DO sleep well - all 3 hours of sleep that I am getting!!! I respect the people here at WebSleuths more than any other site - except Steve Huff's site(s) - than any other place on the web. They are the glue that holds the universe together in my opinion. In their own way, thru caring about victims and thru seeking justice in the small ways that they do, they are the "good" in the Universe which is battling the "evil".

cwgrlfromhell
09-07-2008, 01:19 AM
I just stumbled onto ws a few weeks ago. I have been into true crime for years. I watched Court TV all the time in the early 90's. (Menendez Bros. OJ. etc.)
I have some background as a victim and the family of a perp. My brother is in prison, life without parole, for the murder of my Mother and Step-father. So- it's only natural that I'm interested in what the news has to offer.
I am trying not to get sucked in emotionally- but I fear it might be too late! Laci Peterson just about broke my heart. I looked at her, and wept. So, I am really trying to stay away from the edge. Hopefully, we get some closure soon.... if they don't find her. I don't think I could bear it.

Reannan
09-07-2008, 01:26 AM
I am trying not to get sucked in emotionally- but I fear it might be too late!

Oh, cwgrlfromhell - I am sincerely sorry for what happened in your life. I am glad you are here at WS's. We are always here for support, and we appreciate your help and perspective! :blowkiss:

Lady Loves Lurking
09-07-2008, 01:42 AM
hi.

I'm a noobee. my son has a shirt from his gamer uncle that says that. When i look at those pice of them, of Casey and Caylee, i see a skinny/toothy/sloppy and tacky version of myself. There are currently over 200 pics of Baby and I online. i look at that perfect pic of Caylee on my local news and i have to immediatley go in and check if Baby is still breathing.

then i worry that Caylee was cold. and i pray that they find her.

cwgrlfromhell
09-07-2008, 01:44 AM
Oh, cwgrlfromhell - I am sincerely sorry for what happened in your life. I am glad you are here at WS's. We are always here for support, and we appreciate your help and perspective! :blowkiss:

Ah, Thank you! The people are so great here. You guys rock!

xdaten
09-07-2008, 01:47 AM
As I sit here typing and breastfeeding my 3 month old son, I wonder myself why I am *sucked in* to this case. I heard about it on NG weeks ago. I personally hate NG and was just channel surfing when I heard about the case. Caylee looks ever so much like my own precious 3 & 1/2 year old daughter. I have always been interested in forensic science, and this case has struck a chord with me.

I think the reason I am here is because I need someone else's drama in my life atm. I lost my 1st son last year to sids, he wasn't even 6 weeks old yet. My b-day was 4 days after he died. I turned 31 in 2007. but the way my brain worked, I just turned 31 this year, if that makes sense. I lost a birthday in my head, not the full year tho, pregnancy & a toddler ment life had to go on. I was treated that day like a criminal, because my son was already in rigor & had lividity spots on his face, the police thought they were bruises. Not getting to even say goodbye to my son before they placed him in cold storage and cut him up in the morgue has left me bitter to most LE. It was a bad day all around. Seeing Casey react, some of her emotionless I do understand, but I can not imagine how after months she could still be that way. Instant reaction is one thing, now it is beyond weird.

My first case, after Jackson had died, was that one in Galveston. I was terribly moved by Riley, but didn't join any sites I just kept reading about her wherever I could. First post here, I joined like others to say something, then backed off because someone else posted my thoughts already.

Watching this unfold helps me with my own grief somehow.

OriginalJerseyGirl
09-07-2008, 01:48 AM
I have some background as a victim and the family of a perp. My brother is in prison, life without parole, for the murder of my Mother and Step-father.
I don't have adequate words to express my sympathy to you. There are many victims here on WS - (most that I know are not victims of anything quite this severe) - but you've definitely found a great place here at WS. A lot of people here can relate on some level to the loss that you've experienced. In addition to that, the posters here have hearts of gold and spend much of their time trying to improve the lives of others. I hope that you find some comfort here, knowing that you are not alone.

OriginalJerseyGirl
09-07-2008, 01:54 AM
I think the reason I am here is because I need someone else's drama in my life atm...

This makes complete sense to me. I'm so very sorry for what happened in your life. I'm also so glad you're here. Welcome to WS and thank you for joining in the discussions.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Lady Loves Lurking
09-07-2008, 02:00 AM
As I sit here typing and breastfeeding my 3 month old son, I wonder myself why I am *sucked in* to this case. I heard about it on NG weeks ago. I personally hate NG and was just channel surfing when I heard about the case. Caylee looks ever so much like my own precious 3 & 1/2 year old daughter. I have always been interested in forensic science, and this case has struck a chord with me.

I think the reason I am here is because I need someone else's drama in my life atm. I lost my 1st son last year to sids, he wasn't even 6 weeks old yet. My b-day was 4 days after he died. I turned 31 in 2007. but the way my brain worked, I just turned 31 this year, if that makes sense. I lost a birthin Galveston. I was terribly moved by Riley, but didn't join any sites I just kept reading about her wherever I could. First post here, I joined like others to say something, then backed off because someone else posted my thoughts already.

i have no idea how to "sniP."

I'm sorry if i'm clumsy. i'm still breastfeeding my son. he's fixing to turn six months and we're planning a ceremony here in our natural spring. i feed him and watch nancy grace and i am a card-carrying NG_Hater.

still.
i read here. i make this clucking sound as i perfect his latch.

and i pray for her.

soyesterday
09-07-2008, 03:25 AM

Awww that is so sweet.
It seems that most people think it's easier to not think about a story like this unless you are directly involved with it.
I'm not sure that i'm right when i say this, but i usually tell them that we can ignore it all if we want, but this is someone's reality, and they need our help...our thoughts, our prayers, etc....
I think they are worth thinking about and praying about.
How can we not get emotionally involved.
Especially being moms.
If anything, it makes you appreciate the things and the people you have. :)
It's so hard not to get emotionally attached.
I think my first major one was Denise Amber Lee.
That story is unbelievably sad and i honestly don't know how they go on.....:(
Come home sweet Caylee...
we all want you home....

Reannan
09-07-2008, 12:42 PM

Welcome to WS's xdaten! You are definitely welcome, and I am sorry for your loss. I do hope that being involved here with us will continue to help you find closure in your own situation. For me, personaly, it is helpful to know that there is still goodness in the world, and WS's is one of the best examples of that I have ever encountered. :blowkiss:

SimplyComplicated
09-07-2008, 11:51 PM
I find myself on this board more than I can admit. I have always followed true crime stories. Never ever to this extent. I cried when I read Small Sacrifices and watched the movie. I hurt when I thought of S. Smith's two young boys and how terrified they were. So many.

Nothing has captured my heart and mind like Caylee. I found this board and I felt like I was in a place where finally someone would understand. I feel like I am going through withdrawals and need to soak up every piece of information I can. I look at her pictures, watch the videos and I cry. I have had more sleepless nights than I can count, reading some but mostly thinking of Caylee. Wondering how a "mother" can do this to their child.

Nothing you can say can convince me this was an accident. There are two many facts screaming otherwise. IMO this is murder, maybe a crime of passion, maybe thought out. Murder non the less.

Oh I know the "facts" My mind tells me she is gone, no longer with us. My heart sees that little girl and it screams and begs for a miracle to occur. For them to find a living breathing Caylee. I would give so much.

I'm a single mother. Two wonderful children. A daughter almost 11 and a son almost 12. My pride and joy in life. Sure I get frustrated, stressed. EVERY parent does. I don't have the support of my family KC did. I had my son when I was 19 and my daughter a year later.

I catch myself now, realizing how precious every single minute of their lives are. I have always been a bit of an overprotective mother. I know it's worse now. I wouldn't be able to sit quiet for one minute, let alone 31 DAYS, if one of my children were missing. I would go to the ends of the earth screaming EVERYTHING I knew to get them back. THAT is how a parent reacts. They protect their children.

I think of the 20/20 interview. One of KC's "defense team" said something along the lines of "it will all be played out in court, where it counts" OMG I wanted to smash the TV. IT COUNTS RIGHT NOW. It counts THIS SECOND for Caylee.

His words, displayed KC's attitude. KC 1st and only here. Selfish to the end.

Tonight I read about the search being called off, possibly because of something found. I am fighting now to not get my hopes up. I have been crying for hours. I hope and pray that Caylee feels the love of everyone on WS. I know that I have never seen so much hope and love for a child, as I have here. I respect each of you and admire your tireless dedication. Your ability to be open, and even have a laugh or two when it feels like you will crumble.

I am sorry for the rambling post, and hope it's not in the wrong place. I want to thank you for making me feel at home, finally with people who understand what it's like to just open your heart and care.

Caylee, we will never stop hoping and praying and loving you. There is enough love for you across this nation and across the world to keep you safe and warm forever. You are not alone Caylee. You will have your justice.

Ocean Lover
09-08-2008, 12:19 AM
I am new at following cases like this online and I'm finding it more and more difficult to read and post tonight after spending the day with my grandaughter at our family reunion. I found myself looking at pictures of Caylee and they remind me of my grandaughter and before I knew it I had tears and a lump in my throat. I have to get off of here for tonight. I think about this case day and night. I hope she comes home soon.

RasGirl26
09-08-2008, 02:10 AM
Since day one of Caylees disappearence it has consumed my life. I check the computer dozens of times a day I think about her constantly and can't wait to see any breaking news. I can't help but wonder if she is found and laid to rest how life could be normal again. No more web cam camping, or news channel hopping. It seems as though a resolution is just days or even hours away and as the clock ticks the butterflies in my stomach multiply. I will be happy but also at a loss for how to resume life as normal, and what was life as normal. It is amazing how this has affected me but really what will you do when this is all over??????

Nedthan Johns
09-08-2008, 02:15 AM
The same thing I did after the van Dam case, Runion and Smart case, go back to discussing the Ramsey case. The case that started all this on line discussions on murdered and missing children. Anything to keep cases alive and the discussion going. You never know when one person is going to hold the key to helping to put someone away for murder. I was very proud the vanDam case was the first of it's kind where the prosecutors actually thanked forum members. That is what websleuths is all about.

Diamond
09-08-2008, 02:18 AM
In response to "What Will We Do" (merged thread)

There is always missing children and adults who could use our help. Many cases don't get the news and attention this case got. Just a thought...

One thing is for sure, it will be bittersweet for me. It will be nice to have closure...but that's also when it will completely sink in for me. (I don't think it's fully hit me yet.)

cacnotcam
09-08-2008, 02:24 AM
I am attached to this case. For sure. Why? Well, I have a three year old daughter, first of all...Second, I do not like the general role as a "mom." I love my kids but at the same time I like to "go out" and do my thing. Based on that, and past experiences, I cannot fathom EVER hurting my children for person gain. I am not the most emotionally stable person....BUT I would never put my children at risk. I feel odd saying it.....(The part about me being emotionally unstable) but from my eyes...I hate being at home. I hate being a "stay ay home mom." BUT I have a "real" babysitter and cannot even come to grips with doing anything to my kids just to have mu "old life" back." Yeah. I miss it, but you can bet that I would also lay my life on the line for my kids.

SmileyAmy
09-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks everyone for your responses...good to know I'm not alone in my emotions.

Misfit76
09-08-2008, 10:05 AM
I have some things to get out and I guess this would be the place to do it.

I feel that my life has been put on hold for the last month and a half, or however long its been. (started following this case a few days after it broke the news) I feel that I have sunk into a deep depression over this and I feel...almost rediculous, guilty and basically confused. Ive never been so emotionally attached to someone I did not know in real life, and I feel silly when I stop to think about it.

Im a mom of a (almost)2 year old boy. He is my life, my breath, my purpose, he is my world. Having him changed me, I never got into cases like this before I was a mom. Its like a switch was flipped once I gave birth, that automatically connected my heart to every child out there in the world that is suffering in any way. Very hard to explain so forgive me if I am not making sense. Hopefully someone out there knows what Im trying to say. There was a case recently local to me where a boy my sons age was being physically and sexually abused by his own father. Thankfully he was taken out of that situation and his father is going to prison. But for weeks after I heard of this, I would read the paper everyday looking for updates to the case and would sob everytime I changed my sons diapers and everytime I hugged him close because I would think of that little boy. I still think about him every few days or so and wonder if hes in a good home and if hes recovered, and if hes being loved and taken good care of.

Anyhow, I wish I could understand why I have become so obsessed with Caylee's story. Its completely unhealthy and not normal and I wish I could get some relief. I am so embarassed to admit this but I need to get it out since its eating away at me. I have no one else to talk to that would understand. I found this site because we were discussing this case on my mom site that I frequent and someone had this site linked so I checked it, started reading and eventually signed up.

What I want to say is... every day for the last several weeks I have felt like a shell, just drudging thru the days and nights, sort of in a fog of despair. My life literally revolves around this case. I lay awake not being able to sleep and just think about Caylee and begging God to bring her 'home', trying to make sense of something that doesnt. I get up, shower, take care of my son till its time for his nap, and I dont get on the pc at all when hes awake so I think about her all day long. Then once he takes his nap, I immediately get on the pc and come here and read or watch tv for news. After he gets up, I spend my time with him till he goes to bed, then I got right back on this website. (all while also having the cam pages or Florida news sites up) Everything I used to do as hobbies or things that interest me have completely been pushed to the wayside, Ive lost all interest in them and have no motivation to participate. (I make sigs for people at a sig design site, do photo editing, belong to an online mommy group and also am a world of warcraft gamer) I havent been able to do any of these things because I cant take myself away from this site. I know I have neglected my husband and rarely spend anytime with him since this story came out. I look at my son and feel like I cant breathe if I even think about something happening to him, I cant fathom being away from him for one day, let alone months as Casey has been away from her daughter. My stomach is sick all day long, and theres times I think Im going to throw up. Its hard for me to see pics of Caylee because it makes me want to cry. There is so much pain in my heart for her and for what she mustve went thru that I cant bear it. It doesnt help that my husband thinks its strange and has made comments to me about it and doesnt understand why I am so obsessed with this case or why I come here so much. I do have mild OCD so that could play a part, but I almost feel like a freak, or weird, for caring so much. I cant begin to tell you how much I want her to be found, I want her to be at rest, and I want this to end, I want my life back and I want to feel normal again but I dont know how to make that happen.

If you got this far, thank you for reading, and thank you for letting me get this out. I am so consumed by this and feel so embarassed by that.

Reannan
09-08-2008, 10:26 AM
I have some things to get out and I guess this would be the place to do it.

I feel that my life has been put on hold for the last month and a half, or however long its been. (started following this case a few days after it broke the news) ......Very hard to explain so forgive me if I am not making sense. Hopefully someone out there knows what Im trying to say.

Hey Misfit - guess what? You are NOT a Misfit, and those of us here know EXACTLY what you are trying to say. :blowkiss: There have been numerous cases in the past where I have felt the way you do. Heck, I even obsess on cold cases! :crazy: My family thinks I am odd, and they just don't understand it. I don't try to explain it anymore to them, because you either get it, or you don't. Here is what I do when I get too caught up in a case: 1). Do something special with your family. Maybe a weekend trip somewhere - or at least an afternoon picnic or trip to the arcade. It sounds like you are already making the effort to stay in touch with your family, so you are already doing the right thing. 2). Just take a deep breath - in fact, take several - listen to some relaxing music, go outside by yourself and look at the stars, the sunset, the sunrise. 3) Remember it is OK to cry and feel sad - that is NOT a bad thing, but you also have to remember that your anguish will not help Caylee. I DO believe that our prayers, efforts, thoughts, and sheer determination to keep a case alive has an impact on the outcome of cases. You can lose focus when you are overcome with emotion, however. In other words, you have to be strong enough to fight this battle. You already have demonstrated that you have what it takes, and you have us for support. There is nothing wrong with you - you are a good person with a good heart, who is watching a tragic event unfold. You did not cause it and you cannot undo it. You CAN continue helping us, but only if you have taken care of yourself. Get some rest, say your prayers, watch the sunet and know that the world goes on, and it is as it should be. I believe Caylee is "on the other side" now, and is not suffering. I also believe she understands the purpose for what has happened and we will probably not understand the purpose until we are also "on the other side". There is a battle between good and evil in this world.....thanks for being a soldier with us.

AliVada
09-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Emotions are what bring me here.

In 1980 I lost a friend to murder in Orange County NY. After attending her trial and knowing the pain from a loss like this ... there is really no turning back ever. There is no logic, there is no closure. I feel a kinship towards most of the families we discuss, sleuth and care about here.

I wish I had known then what changes were coming in forensics. My friend was treated very much like Tim Miller's case ... "oh its the age, she'll show up soon mom and dad, she's probably out with a new boyfriend". We will catagorize her as a missing person, but we won't be wasting our man power looking for her. It was horrible. I remember our searching almost alone armed only with a golf club, against evil we couldn't understand.

So since that time, I have always been a supporter of families who have lost loved ones. Always been a big victims advocate. I am one who really wants to see justice and our system of punishment work to protect us and criminals pay for their crimes.

When courttv came about, I was a watcher and have followed most national cases and many local since that time. It is a tragedy that so many do not get the attention that could help find them and prosecute the responsible party. We continue to get better, though so do many of the criminals.

This case is especially sad as more than likely it was the person who was supposed to love and nurtur this child the most who has done something to cause her harm. Once everything shakes out, if she is gone and her mother had some hand in it .. let her fry. I am glad God is final judge as I would not be so kind. He only knows what horrows or mental illness could cause someone to do such things, and hopefully he will heal this whole family as they are hurting and so very lost.

Kathy

Misfit76
09-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Reannan, thank you so much for your post, it means alot. You are right, I do need to step back a bit and try to do something relaxing and get my mind off it for awhile, that would be nice. I have been holding back tears for quite some time now, almost saving a good cry for the 'right' time, whenever that will be. And also whenever I do start to cry I hold it back because I start to feel silly and worry that my husband is going to make a comment to make me feel even stupider. Maybe I need to let go and get it out, in private. I cant help this sadness so why do I keep fighting it and holding it in, ya know? Anyways, just wanted to say thank you.

tiredofthis
09-08-2008, 10:39 AM
My first son was born when I was 21. I was sad, because I couldn't go out and party with my friends, but I never considered drugging or harming my child just so I could go out and have fun.

That is why I am so frustrated with this case. It doesn't even begin to make sense. No normal parent would wait 31 days to report their child missing and then tell a bunch of lies about what had happened to her.

I am the mother of four sons now and I love them all dearly. I can't imagine what my life would be like without them in it and my heart breaks when I read about this case. Casey's lack of emotion has me in tears on a daily basis.

CiCi
09-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Last night, I woke up several times at night thinking about this tragedy. I have even dreamt about it several times. I find myself on various sites during the day catching up on the latest news about this precious baby girl Caylee. In the evenings, I tune in to Nancy Grace to be updated on anything I may have missed during the day.

It's obvious I'm not the only one emotionally invested in this tragedy. We are all seeking answers, justice and closure.

I ask myself what can be accomplished by all of this? So much of my energy goes into this, and yet there is little that I can do to help. The facts show that this baby girl may no longer be alive and they point to her mother as the responsible party, but my heart does not want to accept this as truth. I think of theories and follow blogs about what others are suspecting, and try to piece it all together in my head. But what good will this do? None, I certainly don’t think that I can stumble upon some piece of evidence.

Some have even went as far as protesting the Anthonys, although I am not exactly sure what can be accomplished by this other than venting. Maybe they think they can actually make some type of change. I don’t know. I watch the clips on TV of the woman yelling at Cindy about why she said certain things and I ponder what this will accomplish, does she honestly think that she will provide her an answer?

This tragedy has caused a huge reaction in so many people. WHY can’t we let go of this? Do we fear that justice may not be served in this case? Maybe we, our society as a whole, no longer trusts our justice system to make things right. Maybe we have been smacked in the face too many times by media reports of its failures. Of course, the only things worth reporting, it seems are always negative. So we build our opinion of the whole based on these reports. On the other hand, maybe we are looking for assurance that our justice system is working as it should. We believe that the guilty will be punished. In fact, we long to see this happen in this particular case. What will happen if LE fails to find Caylee or our courts fail to convict a guilty party of a crime that may have occurred to this baby. Will that be an acceptable end for you?

What are your thoughts as to why you/we are emotionally invested in this case as an individual, and as a society?

Betty Boop
09-12-2008, 03:41 PM
I am a strong advocate for abused children and adults who were abused as children. Murder of a child is the ultimate form of abuse. Silenced forever by their perpetrators. It hits at the core of me.

Baznme
09-12-2008, 03:42 PM
I had a friend specifially say that me doing that stuff was "over the top".

That's no friend in my estimation. It was a kind compassionate thing to do and I commend you for remembering this little girl.

passionflower
09-12-2008, 06:46 PM
This is the most bizarre case I've ever followed. As a mother and grandma, I can't even imagine this happening in my family. I would be in jail for beating my daughter til she talked! And I don't believe in any violence or abuse at all. My grandchildren are my life, I would be on the streets BEGGING for help to find one of mine. I'd be asking the protesters to help me 'find CAYLEE'...........put Casey back in jail til she sings! I love my kids but would never lie for them in a crime. IMO, the truth has to come out.......LE and the town should charge Casey with the time and money spent in this run around she caused!!! IMO, her parents also, hendering the search and cove up. IMO

LetJusticePrevail
09-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Does anyone know where Casey is? I've not been able to check in today and am just getting home but heard no one saw her go to see Baez today and that he's out of the office.

Then, apparently there's some talk about a letter someone wrote about GA that was posted on Greta somewhere and that it's telling of something potentially.

And, I don't see the trailer with Caylee's pic outside the house - are they searching?

Can anyone fill me in???? I'm so entrenched in this case. TIA

Hailiejade77
09-12-2008, 07:11 PM
I have always been interested in true crime books. I have read everything from the Murder of Martha Moxley to Laci Peterson. I have NEVER been this involved in a case though. I stumbled across this website when I googled Brooke Bennett. That was the case that brought me here.

After Caylee's story hit Nancy Grace the day after she was arrested, I have been hooked. I think it stems with that Caylee reminds me so much of my own two year old daughter. That and the fact that she was never reported missing for 31 days. After I saw Casey's first "perp walk" I just had this gut feeling that she did it. The look in her eyes and the smile on her face said it all to me. Even though, I held out hope that Caylee was somewhere out there and alive, that is until LE released the decomp in the trunk.

I have literally not sleep much since I started following this case. I constantly have dreams of Caylee and wake up crying because of them. I am thinking about her day and night. Praying that they will find her and that she can be put to rest.

My family thinks that I am overdoing it. They just don't understand anything about this. They haven't read what we have read. They haven't listened to what he have listened to and watch all the videos we have watched. They don't understand HOW MANY people out there that are emotionally attached to this case and this beautiful little girl. My boyfriend will come home from work (after I put out little one to sleep) and see me crying at my computer and tell me to just turn it off. But I just can't seem to do that. I am constantly checking the computer and news websites in between daily life things. Sometimes I just keep it on websleuths and periodically refresh the pages to see if I missed anything big.

I know I have been so emotionally attached to this case because I started making some Caylee youtube videos. Here is the links to them:

Caylee Marie Anthony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoNN2ndl85A

Caylee's Song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkWM0incny4

Caylee Marie Anthony -Apologize (my new one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhTPKa_B2Q

So yes,.. I emotionally attached to this little girl and I will be until they find her and Casey is convicted of murder. I know I will always remember Caylee and how unfair that she will never get to do the things that my daughter will do. :(

momof6
09-18-2008, 10:44 PM
I just really hope this precious girl knows I think of her also.

I pray every night she is alive somewhere ,safe and if I am wrong I pray she understands how many love her..:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Good Night Folks...

ShouldBWorking
09-18-2008, 10:55 PM
we have been without power since Sunday at 5ish, (Cincinnati area hit with winds 90% of city without power) and I have spent so much good time with my 9 year old, putting together puzzle, working Rubik cube just "simple things" and during these times I have thought of Caylee sooooooooooooo many times, rest in peace you little angel.......you are in heaven and at peace I know.....

Nore
09-18-2008, 10:59 PM
I just really hope this precious girl knows I think of her also.

I pray every night she is alive somewhere ,safe and if I am wrong I pray she understands how many love her..:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Good Night Folks...
----------------

Momof6, I pray for the same thing you do.I would love to see Caylee alive but because of the trunk evidence I doubt it.I so wish they could at least find her body so the people who love her could find peace.My children died.one at birth one at 36yrs.I have my granddaughter and husband living with me.The "light of my life~"their Johnny 8yrs. sleeps peacefully in the room across from mine,I sneak in and just watch him sleep,he's so precious to me.If my granddaughter did anything like Casey did I'd shake her until her teeth fell out if she didn't tell the truth..As much as I love her I would not allow her in my house,she'd sit in jail and try to remember the truth!! Take care.

Tricia
09-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Dear Nore,

I am so sorry about your children. You know the depth of the pain of losing a child. It must make you angry? Or maybe just stunned? At the way Casey is behaving.

Thank God for your little grandchild and bless him too.

Tricia

MD MOMMY
09-18-2008, 11:19 PM
I've followed a few cases however no case has ever drawn me in like this one. This is the first case I've followed since I was blessed with my 2 children. I pretty much stayed away from cases like this b/c it pains me to deeply. I never understood the love a mother has for her child before I became one. I worked for CPS for several years and have seen cases of abuse and neglect more times than I care to discuss. I am and always will be an advocate of children.

The moment I heard of this case my immediate gut was "how could she do that" and I'm not a judgemental person. It was just something told me that she hurt her child. My heart still holds out hope that this precious blessing is a live however my mind tells me otherwise.

My children are my world and it is my job to protect them..how others can act differently is beyond my comprehension

HelloKitty
09-18-2008, 11:22 PM
I have followed many cases in the past....But this is the first one that has really grabbed at my heart and won't seem to let go. It has totally consumed me day and night. I find my self waking up to check my Blackberry for updates. While awake I also check on my children and make sure they are safley tucked away in their beds. I don't know what it is about this particular case. But I can't let go. I pray and ask Caylee every night to tell me where she is, so I can send someone to find her. Some of my friends say I've lost it. Maybe I have. But if that were my precious angel I would want someone to find her.

MeenaMom
09-18-2008, 11:25 PM
I hug my baby tighter and tell her every moment she is awake how much I appreciate her life.I am stay at home mom it was so easy to take her for granted.....Now I don't.

pinkhistorybuff
09-18-2008, 11:27 PM
Other than this, the only case I've followed is the West Memphis Three. I grew up in Memphis and I remember the murders when they happened, but I didn't start really following that case until last year.

With that case, I started reading all I could about it. I've even gone to the WMPD evidence room several times and I've become very good friends with the father of one of the victims. After looking through all the evidence, I firmly believe the three people in jail are right where they should be.

I've spent so much time reading about the Caylee case I figure I'll follow it through too. It's just so bizarre. New info keeps popping up every few days, right when you think you're going to take a break. Both of these cases are just so heartbreaking.

nancy botwin
09-19-2008, 02:45 AM
I know I have been so emotionally attached to this case because I started making some Caylee youtube videos. Here is the links to them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhTPKa_B2Q
... :(

I love the Apologize video-- it's really moving; I cry every time I watch it. (and I've watched it many times. :-) Initially I didn't realize that was one of Casey's favorite songs. So ominous and sad...
Than you for sharing your videos!

EastSideOfSaddness
09-19-2008, 03:01 AM
For starters I hardly EVER watch the news, it always lets me down. All I hear about are murders, burglaries, home invasions, fraud, child abuse etc. At work one day when the story first broke I heard someone talking about it and how sad they were about it etc. My hubby actually listened to the 911 call that was released and then the calls between Lee & Casey etc. He said to me "you have to listen to these calls this case is crazy"! Then it all started.........I haven't been off the case since. Oh and not to mention I also got a message from George on my answering machine (the pre-recorded one).

I go through so many emotions. This case hurts me badly. I cannot have children of my own so no I don't know how it feels, you know that special bond. I get infuriated just thinking that this precious child was murdered by her mother when there are SOOOOO many people out there that would have loved her and cared for her. UGHHH, it's very sad and I cannot give up until there is closure.

Hailiejade77, those videos are precious--I just cried my eyes out~

halleyscomet
09-19-2008, 03:15 AM
This is the second case I've been wrapped up in to the point of making me ill. The other was Jennifer Kessee. I must admit though that the emotions I feel over this case are very different. The only anger I felt over Jennifer's case was in not knowing where she is and who did this to her.

With Caylee's case, I'm angry on a daily basis. Sad, sick to my stomach, frustrated...

I have to say, though, that with both of these cases, I have met some great people in Orlando. Unfortunately, in Caylee's case, I've seen the worst that Orlando has to offer as well.

halleyscomet
09-19-2008, 03:17 AM
----------------

Momof6, I pray for the same thing you do.I would love to see Caylee alive but because of the trunk evidence I doubt it.I so wish they could at least find her body so the people who love her could find peace.My children died.one at birth one at 36yrs.I have my granddaughter and husband living with me.The "light of my life~"their Johnny 8yrs. sleeps peacefully in the room across from mine,I sneak in and just watch him sleep,he's so precious to me.If my granddaughter did anything like Casey did I'd shake her until her teeth fell out if she didn't tell the truth..As much as I love her I would not allow her in my house,she'd sit in jail and try to remember the truth!! Take care.

Nore, I'm so sorry for your losses. You're Johnny is a lucky little guy to have you to love him and I'm sure he'll continue to bring joy to your life.

Ezryder9
09-19-2008, 03:26 AM
This is the first case I've followed on WS, and boy, did I pick a doozie! I was drawn to this case for a number of reasons, the first being that Caylee is the spitting image of my daughter's 13-year old step-daughter when she was 3. I found WS while I was doing searching on my own. I can tell you that one good thing that has come out of this case for me is getting to know some of the truly amazing people on this site. Tricia, thanks for all you do. We must be a terrible burden sometimes.

Attached? Consumed? Emotional? Geez, there are so many adjectives that describe my feelings. When the Body Farm tests first came back, I cried. I couldn't help it. I had held on to the hope that Caylee would be found alive. I turned to my hubby first (who's following the case as closely as I am); he hugged me tight. Then? I turned here. And poured out my emotions. And ranted. And raged. And then another good thing happened. An "old timer", said with great fondness, suggested some actions I needed to take to back off my emotional devastation some. That's when I went searching other forums and threads and cases here on WS. When you have time, I highly recommend it. You don't have to have an emotional low to go looking. Then you will see what an amazing website this truly is.

Sleep? It's 3:30 in the morning, and I'm still sitting here. I wake myself up some nights calling out. To Caylee. To the whole family.

An emotional ride, no doubt, that will be a million times worse when we get the confirmation so many of us expect. I pray that sweet little child will be found and finally, respectfully, laid to rest. It will be a difficult time for us all. But there's no doubt in my mind -- I'll cry; I'll turn to my hubby first; he'll hug me tight; and then I'll turn right back here, for the support that we give each other.

Psmith
09-19-2008, 03:29 AM

Sometimes we can take our grief and concern for one child and put it to work helping others in our community.
Casey should have finished high school and continued her education and made a proper life for Caylee. There are non-profit groups in your area which help teen moms do that and maybe you can volunteer to work with them or assist them with fundraising.

Sadly, Casey's birthday is March 19 which is my daughter's birthday as well.I

I am sorry this is in your memory. I bet your girl will turn out 100% different. She has you, after all. : )

Ezryder9
09-19-2008, 03:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhTPKa_B2Q:(

Hailie, I'm been meaning to send you a great big thank you for these. Just hadn't done it yet. Those all three are absolutely incredible. I remember the first reference to the first one and the poster suggested we take tissues. I did and was glad I did. Very beautiful. :blowkiss:

Psmith
09-19-2008, 03:52 AM
What got me into this is OJ, basically. Justice denied.

Then later, hearing about predators on young women (Bundy) and other weak seeming people (Dahmer). I was "scientifically" interested in pathology and a desire for justice.

Then came Hans Reiser, with his duh I'm a genius or a dork defense, happening in my neighborhood, which drove me over the top. As in Hans, you are not that smart, your are a fool. Without a body, they convicted. When they sentenced he showed them where he put his wife and told them what he did. With modest pride and some chagrin about technique. Narcissist to the end.

Wives, children, friends. Jeez, why not kill them if they are inconvient is the thinking. Snot Peterson, Drew Peterson pending, etc.

This case is extremely unusual, however. A little girl, for god sake. Those who should have looked out for her lie and lie and lie. For KC? I know why (she's our daughter) but WHY having already ruined KC and betrayed KC (in her mind, she feels a need to avenge, obviously) now they stick up and KC says basically stick it you know where.

Add to the lying liars that no one will say anything. Save their own azzes. WHY WHY WHY?

The pathology has me going. And all this time, there is a little girl who at the VERY LEAST was chloroformed. Poor poor little baby girl.

Jeez.

Sorry, I think my post belongs in rant. Perhaps the whole thread?

halleyscomet
09-19-2008, 04:10 AM
This is the first case I've followed on WS, and boy, did I pick a doozie! I was drawn to this case for a number of reasons, the first being that Caylee is the spitting image of my daughter's 13-year old step-daughter when she was 3. I found WS while I was doing searching on my own. I can tell you that one good thing that has come out of this case for me is getting to know some of the truly amazing people on this site. Tricia, thanks for all you do. We must be a terrible burden sometimes.

Attached? Consumed? Emotional? Geez, there are so many adjectives that describe my feelings. When the Body Farm tests first came back, I cried. I couldn't help it. I had held on to the hope that Caylee would be found alive. I turned to my hubby first (who's following the case as closely as I am); he hugged me tight. Then? I turned here. And poured out my emotions. And ranted. And raged. And then another good thing happened. An "old timer", said with great fondness, suggested some actions I needed to take to back off my emotional devastation some. That's when I went searching other forums and threads and cases here on WS. When you have time, I highly recommend it. You don't have to have an emotional low to go looking. Then you will see what an amazing website this truly is.

Sleep? It's 3:30 in the morning, and I'm still sitting here. I wake myself up some nights calling out. To Caylee. To the whole family.

An emotional ride, no doubt, that will be a million times worse when we get the confirmation so many of us expect. I pray that sweet little child will be found and finally, respectfully, laid to rest. It will be a difficult time for us all. But there's no doubt in my mind -- I'll cry; I'll turn to my hubby first; he'll hug me tight; and then I'll turn right back here, for the support that we give each other.

That was an amazing post. :blowkiss:

Ezryder9
09-19-2008, 04:06 PM
That was an amazing post. :blowkiss:

Thanks, Halley. I was glad to find this thread, because, as we all know, emotions are raw, just totally raw, in this whole case. Regardless of whether one is on the alive or dead side, still, raw. And when we have an opportunity to discuss our gut-wrenching feelings without the fear of being assaulted, I find it somewhat therapeutic. :blowkiss:

Pollywog
09-19-2008, 06:51 PM
I have followed missing children's cases for a few years. The Carlie Brusia case just broke my heart, then Jessica Lunsford and Sarah Lundy. They all were in my area and I can promise you none of those parents acted like CA & GA has during this whole thing.

I have grandchildren and I know good and well if something happened to one of them I would be out there looking, going to these other towns if "tips" were coming in of seeing them there. I would also not allow my daughter to live under my roof until she told the truth even if she had to sit in jail, she would tell the truth one way or the other. No way would I cover for her if she was like KC. It is one thing to support your children, but not like this. The A's may not want to admit their baby is gone, but the sooner they accept it the better for everyone involved. Caylee certainly deserves better than her family has given her. I hope and pray they find her.

ckwood32
09-27-2008, 07:54 PM
I don't know about you guys - but I go to sleep thinking about this child and I wake up thinking about her. I can't do this anymore. I am 39 yrs old. I have 3 children ages 6, 11 & 12. I hug them so tight now they think I am crazy. I just talked to my parents and they are just like "oh that family is crazy". bla bla bla but I listened to Cindy and all the tapes and I have hi-lited all of the text messaging. I can't do this anymore. This case is really freaking me out. This needs to go to Ranting but I couldn't find it.

SleuthinCa
09-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Take a step back, seriously.

It's easy to get too involved in this stuff and I think everyone needs to take a breather now and then.

CarrieBean
09-27-2008, 08:01 PM
I don't know about you guys - but I go to sleep thinking about this child and I wake up thinking about her. I can't do this anymore. I am 39 yrs old. I have 3 children ages 6, 11 & 12. I hug them so tight now they think I am crazy. I just talked to my parents and they are just like "oh that family is crazy". bla bla bla but I listened to Cindy and all the tapes and I have hi-lited all of the text messaging. I can't do this anymore. This case is really freaking me out. This needs to go to Ranting but I couldn't find it.

Go take a nice hot bubble bath and put on your favourite music.

Balthazar
09-27-2008, 08:05 PM
It might be a good idea for you to not look at anything about this case for a week or so and find another outlet for your energy such as a daily exercise class and doing things with your own children. You will feel better. Remember, you don't know these people, you aren't related to them and there is NOTHING you can do about ANYTHING they have done, do or say. It's an interesting case, but like all cases, there will be a conclusion. There's nothing you can do to help in the meantime. So enjoy your own family and just thank God that you are not tangled up in a crazy mess like this.

mydailyopinions
09-27-2008, 08:06 PM
OH, I know how you feel. I forced myself to take a break one day last week, no news, no computer.. I was able to catch up on my thoughts and such to the point that now, when I feel myself getting tangled up again, it is much easier to walk away for a bit..
Hang in there, I do feel that we will get some kind of closure soon..:blowkiss:

biggirl
09-27-2008, 08:10 PM

I agree with the two posters. Listen to them. I felt the same obsession with OJ's first case and with the Snott Peterson case and it is all consuming. Don't let it own you. KC is not losing any sleep over it. It sounds like her poor Grandmother is though!

Try to only visit here once day for updates. Hopefully the one of KCs arrest and imminent trial

Just realize that part of your attachment to this case comes from being a loving mother that could never hurt any child.:blowkiss:

pb6656
09-27-2008, 08:11 PM
I agree that you should take a step back. Try for a week. Do a bubble bath night for yourself. Make a specific date with each of your kids for a different night. And don't squeeze them too hard. Force yourself not to dwell. I think we all need a break once in a while. No matter what it is that is consuming your life at any given time.

ckwood32
09-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks to all of you. I am serious. I really appreciate all of you. This child needs some peace. It's really freaking me out. I can't imagine anything happening to my children. I have to step back - as I am sure you all need to.

ckwood32
09-27-2008, 08:14 PM
I don't post a lot - but I seriously have printed out all text msg.s etc and I have even hilighted them - I am out of my mind. I am just so sad about this child.

pb6656
09-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Maybe a big hug will help? {{{ckwood32}}}

SpriteGal
09-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Take a step back, seriously.

It's easy to get too involved in this stuff and I think everyone needs to take a breather now and then.

Agreed. As hard as it is, take a week off from it. Don't watch CNN, or read magazines with articles about Caylee. Your sanity and health is way more important.

mommya
09-27-2008, 08:23 PM

Take a deep breath - it's going to be OK.
We have all been "consumed" by this case to varying degrees.

Is this your first "true crime" case?

I've had fairly intense interest in a couple - but I do think this one is more convoluted than most - and there is so much info out there, now especially.

After this is over - you may find yourself backing away from "true crime" cases for a while. I think overload sets in - and a sort of recuperation period is needed - at least that's how it is for me.

ckwood32
09-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanx all of you! I know you feel the same way I do. I'm taking a break.:0) before I lose it.

CarrieBean
09-27-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't post a lot - but I seriously have printed out all text msg.s etc and I have even hilighted them - I am out of my mind. I am just so sad about this child.

Stuff those papers in a drawer. I understand your frustration. What I wouldn't give to be able to walk up to Casey and punch her in the face (and i'm not a violent person). I've had to step away from the computer lots lately, especially with all this new stuff coming out. Watched some movies with my son, hung out with the dog, went to visit my mom.

newuser
09-27-2008, 08:30 PM
All this advice is good for everyone holding on to tight. Step away and don't let yourself loose precious time with your children. Way too many lives are already destroyed by KC; from her family to her friends and even some have lost their jobs.

Tate
09-27-2008, 08:34 PM

LOL, CB, I just LOVE the new picture of Sieko. He's so damn cute!!! :p

ckwood32
09-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Thank god you all feel the way I do! I am seriously crying about a child I have never met. Gosh I Love you guys for talking to me. All of you.

icherish
09-27-2008, 08:47 PM
((((ckwood32)))) Some cases can really consume your mind and put you in a funk- particularly those concerning children.

Our hearts are all aching for Caylee, but we need to remember to take care of ourselves and our own loved ones, too. So please give yourself some space to breathe; put the texts and everything about this case away and take some time off.

I hope you are feeling much better soon.

EastSideOfSaddness
Oh boy, I totally understand how ya feel~!~ I'm sitting here on a Sat. night and I've just realized I haven't done much of anything since this case broke. I feel as though I've developed OCD to some extent, not good! I wish my husband would get mad at me or something, really. Or I wish my computer would crash.:eek:

wallflower67
I'm just back from taking a week off...maybe close to two. It did me some good to worry about the crap in my own life rather than the crap in someone else's!

Black Magic Woman
09-27-2008, 08:48 PM
I don't know about you guys - but I go to sleep thinking about this child and I wake up thinking about her. I can't do this anymore. I am 39 yrs old. I have 3 children ages 6, 11 & 12. I hug them so tight now they think I am crazy. I just talked to my parents and they are just like "oh that family is crazy". bla bla bla but I listened to Cindy and all the tapes and I have hi-lited all of the text messaging. I can't do this anymore. This case is really freaking me out. This needs to go to Ranting but I couldn't find it.Everyone is right. Try to take a break. Just want you to know though, this case has made me insane too. I can't get away from the computer. When I do have to go out for errands, etc., I rush through everything so I can get back really quick. My house has never been this much of a wreck, my family hasn't had a really decent meal in weeks, and my friends are wondering why I've dropped off the face! Not kidding about any of this. Also think I've gained 10 lbs from sitting on my arse so much and have smoked WAY more than normal. So believe me I feel where you're coming from!
Thankfully though, I have forced myself this past week to get some exercise in, and that's made a difference.

zadari
09-27-2008, 08:50 PM
i took a step back too .. as much as we want justice for this angel.. we have our OWN angels to take care of .. my kiera and my lance are the most important people in my life .. if you work in cases like this for a living you have to separate that time and your family time ,

suspicious mind
09-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Sometimes I, too, feel like Mr. Pitt staring at those 3-d posters.

Susanlee
09-27-2008, 08:56 PM

Please CK, like others have said, take a step back. Try and NOT look at the computer for a day or two. I too let myself get way too involved reading, thinking.... wondering what I could do. I would sit here all day consumed with the story....now I try not to, and it helps. I went out with my daughter and grandson today and just laughed and acted silly. If you need to chat on a more personal level,[ I am available]:). CK...(((((((hugs))))).

Pollywog
09-27-2008, 09:03 PM
It is really sad when strangers care more for Caylee than her own family. I am also consumed with this case and catch up as much as I can.

I just don't understand why KC and her parents will not do the right thing for once in their evil lives and let this baby rest in peace. If she is alive some place then go get her and stop this madness.

I can't wait until they put KC right back in jail and she never gets out.

RR0004
09-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Find comfort in knowing your heart is in the right place. Feel blessed for what you have. Tend to yourself...we need you here! Come back when you're ready.

diane952
09-27-2008, 09:04 PM
I cant say the case has ruined my life but it certainly has taken over. Im like an addict..waiting for something to happen..it nuts..

My kids have run out of clean socks a few times since this circus came to my town.....

Sleuthy
09-27-2008, 09:10 PM
ckwood32... I'm still a newbie to this board but I've lurked a long time...on this and other high profile cases. I understand what it's like to be obsessed over something out of your control. You seem to be a good-hearted woman and I'm sure you're a great mom. Turn your computer off now. For at least 1 week. When you come back...make sure you limit your time online. Now...if you can't do it for you...do it for your kids. Now turn off the computer sweetie. We'll all be glad to see you when you get back.

FIND'HER
09-27-2008, 09:13 PM
I have to agree with the previous posters on this topic. It is easy to get attached to a case when a child is involved in a case. We can all relate. But remember a good detective learns to not get involved on a personal level, even though you feel like is is consuming your life, imagine how the real detectives feel (Very Frustrated). All I can say here at webslueths we must march on, and not let this get to us. Because is we do that means casey WINS. We must say focused and try and solve this thing.

CaliKid
09-27-2008, 09:16 PM
I had to take a big step backwards last year with the Madeleine McCann case. I was obsessed and it was going nowhere. At least with Caylee, LE seems to be close to bringing charges against her mom.

I agree with eveyone who said you need to take time out and smell the roses. Enjoy your family, set up dates with your loved ones. Caylee is in God's hands, and there is nothing we can do to change anything.

CarrieBean
09-27-2008, 09:21 PM
http://5dresses.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/stress-picture-stress-relief-kit.jpg

robotdog
09-27-2008, 09:23 PM
best thing to do,

scope around 2-3 times per week

i have a zillion things to do .... and they need to be done

if i dont do them, they dont get done

so. as with everything

moderation is the key :)

Beyond Belief
09-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Ck,
I hear you loud and clear. I had to walk away from this case for awhile also. Theres just too much drama that puts you on that roller coaster ride called depression. Not healthy at all. Life sure has improved around our home since i got out of dodge for awhile.
Hope your recovering.:blowkiss:
BB

pb6656
09-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Stuff those papers in a drawer. I understand your frustration. What I wouldn't give to be able to walk up to Casey and punch her in the face (and i'm not a violent person). I've had to step away from the computer lots lately, especially with all this new stuff coming out. Watched some movies with my son, hung out with the dog, went to visit my mom.

You're lucky - the other night I caught myslef walking the daughter and watching the movie with the dog.

SummerRaye
09-27-2008, 09:30 PM
You're lucky - the other night I caught myslef walking the daughter and watching the movie with the dog.

Hahaha!!! I feel the same way.:clap:

CarrieBean
09-27-2008, 09:30 PM

:laugh:

MiraclesHappen
09-27-2008, 09:34 PM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70494&highlight=addicted

Read this thread, so you know you are "normal." :blowkiss:

CB, What a cute avatar!!!:smoochiesmilie:

pregodego2
09-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Take a deep breath - it's going to be OK.
We have all been "consumed" by this case to varying degrees.

Is this your first "true crime" case?

I've had fairly intense interest in a couple - but I do think this one is more convoluted than most - and there is so much info out there, now especially.

After this is over - you may find yourself backing away from "true crime" cases for a while. I think overload sets in - and a sort of recuperation period is needed - at least that's how it is for me.

I agree. I used to read true crime books all the time, the only books i would read, in fact. I read my last true crime book when i was pregnant with my first child. I started getting so physically sick when i would read what the crime scenes looked like and what these people actually did step by step....

This case has been the first true crime i have even piddled in in the past 6 years, and for the most part I am doing ok, but i have lately been ONLY following stuff on here and not really delving into it too much, i read and take it in, but have had to slow down my interest lately so that i can stop thinking about it when i need to. Although i never stop thinking about Caylee in general.

I would never ever be able to read a book about what actually happened to caylee though. This is as close as i would like to get.

Take some time off, things are slowing down for the most part anyways, we'll be here when you come back.

CarrieBean
09-27-2008, 09:39 PM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70494&highlight=addicted

Read this thread, so you know you are "normal." :blowkiss:

CB, What a cute avatar!!!:smoochiesmilie:

No amount of reading will convince me i'm normal :crazy:

Thanks Miracles and Tate. My dawg...she's stylin'

Friptzap
09-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Seriously take a breather.... you sound like you could use some time away from this case.

Please check my post here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71122
I tried to post this to help people realize they may need some time away from this cause, come back when you feel refreshed.

Nore
09-27-2008, 09:44 PM
OH, I know how you feel. I forced myself to take a break one day last week, no news, no computer.. I was able to catch up on my thoughts and such to the point that now, when I feel myself getting tangled up again, it is much easier to walk away for a bit..
Hang in there, I do feel that we will get some kind of closure soon..:blowkiss:
---------------
OMG I hope so! otherwise we will have a padded cell full of sleuthers! Last night for instance ~ I had the "shivering fits" the webtv (MSN ) was not workng!! I had read on a page I believe from the Orlando Sentinel that the FBI said they even knew the position the body was in inside the trunk!!now that means the size of the body and here I was with no internet access.I was up with insomnia and kept trying.I should have taken a warm bath and just relaxed but oh no,what if it came back! I was a wreck.I promised myself I wont do that again.
Something will happen if we just hang in there.

st. crispian
09-27-2008, 09:58 PM
I have been thinking the same EXACT thing. I'm not kidding, I actually said to myself, "I can't do this anymore." It's too disturbing; it's too foreign to my point of reference. I'm even starting to resent the DA and/or LE for doing these public dumps of info. It's too much. Watching with such incredible detail and being privy to such personal info is too much like actually being in the presence of Casey and Cindy. I don't feel like I'm watching it from afar anymore. It's gotten too, too close for comfort. :(

moxiecrimefighter
09-27-2008, 09:59 PM
---------------
OMG I hope so! otherwise we will have a padded cell full of sleuthers! Last night for instance ~ I had the "shivering fits" the webtv (MSN ) was not workng!! I had read on a page I believe from the Orlando Sentinel that the FBI said they even knew the position the body was in inside the trunk!!now that means the size of the body and here I was with no internet access.I was up with insomnia and kept trying.I should have taken a warm bath and just relaxed but oh no,what if it came back! I was a wreck.I promised myself I wont do that again.
Something will happen if we just hang in there.

YO Peeps! Do you happen to have a link to that Sentinel article?

I know EXACTLY what you guys are talking about. I have a 15 month old precious boy - I could literally eat him with a spoon! I said to my husband the other night, "What if I just came home and told you that I had lost him? That I didn't know where he was b/c he was with a fictitious nanny? Or the thought of taking his DEAD body and throwing it in a garbage can and going to party?????" Oh - I shudder to think. Sick!!! Casey is a stupid, stupid girl who will get what is coming to her....in one way or another.

Let that be your peace of mind!!

txsvicki
09-27-2008, 10:33 PM
The BTK case really got to me, but it was due to the instant availability and communication with so many other people on the internet that made it more intense. It didn't bother me though because it was wonderful seeing someone like that caught and following it all the way through, even through the trial and conviction. Maybe just stepping away from the internet for awhile would help, or just reading a few daily update posts only would help.

Balthazar
09-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Take a break, relax and realize there is nothing that could ever replace this time with your own children. Take advantage of your free time to do some wonderful things with them. Here we are in fall - what a great time of year, Halloween is coming up, plan a party for your kids, come up with some adorable costumes. Make sure your kids don't miss out on you this season! Your time means more to them than anything.

You can't do a thing about Caylee. Trust law enforcement to handle this - they will!

In the meantime, honor Caylee by cherishing and celebrating your own children. They deserve it!

magic-cat
09-27-2008, 11:07 PM

I am right there with you. It is all I think about it seems. I wake and come here-and it is the last thing on my mind as I try to go to sleep in the wee hours. I also have children at home, 17, 16, 11, 5 and 3 and a 25 year old son and daughter in law with a new baby, and I must say I have been more patient and given more hugs and love since Caylee came into my life. I do not take it for granted so much as I might have before...I have read almost every document, listened to every audio, watched every video, and mapped out every possibility in my head that I could imagine...and at the end of it all, I am left with a feeling of helplessness, that the one thing that NEEDS to be realized is somehow being missed...that the one piece of the puzzle that someone needs to figure out has fallen off the table and the puzzle cannot be completed...I am spent from it, and yet, I cannot walk away until she is convicted of this crime...I am too invested at this point to simply walk away...I will keep searching for that link that MUST be right before our eyes and we are missing it...

momofm&n
09-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi everybody! :wave:This is my first post. Have lurked multiple times daily, for extended periods of time, since this case first started. I have never even posted, just lurked here and on a couple other sites, but have been trying to convince myself to let this case go for awhile.

Ckwood32 - take a break for a while. Hang out with your kids. Get your house ready for winter. I actually have started having nightmares over Casey and what could have possibly happened to Caylee. People's avatar's with pics of her are starting to get to me. I stayed away all day today until now. Both my kids are asleep (they are 5 and 3) and just had to check in. I have stopped watching NG and Greta (een though she hasn't been covering as of late). And I am really going to try to stay away from everything that has to do with this case for the next week or two. Have to start enjoying my kids again. Life is too short. Like another poster said so many lives have been damaged by this mess, don't let it affect yours. Just remember Caylee is safe and protected where she is, now take care of yourself.

magic-cat
09-27-2008, 11:15 PM
YO Peeps! Do you happen to have a link to that Sentinel article?

I know EXACTLY what you guys are talking about. I have a 15 month old precious boy - I could literally eat him with a spoon! I said to my husband the other night, "What if I just came home and told you that I had lost him? That I didn't know where he was b/c he was with a fictitious nanny? Or the thought of taking his DEAD body and throwing it in a garbage can and going to party?????" Oh - I shudder to think. Sick!!! Casey is a stupid, stupid girl who will get what is coming to her....in one way or another.

Let that be your peace of mind!!

I believe this is one of the reasons that so many of us, myself included, FEEL so strongly about this. I have imagined in my mind that one of my precious children had an accident and instead of calling the ambulance, that I put them in the trunk and then concocted every manner of lie imaginable to hide this fact, and LEFT them in the trunk until bodily fluids were coming out, and THEN somehow handled them and moved them and "disposed" of them, and it is inconceivable to me-there is no way that I could or would do that, and there would be no REASON to...that is what is missing, where is the REASON here? This is completely an unreasonable scenario-people just don't put their dead children in the trunks of their cars, and I think it is that farfetched and heinous thought that is so provoking about this...

Because...

apparently,

CASEY DID ALL OF THOSE THINGS and did not bat an eye while she was doing it...a person like that must not be allowed to go free...at least with OJ there was a "crime of passion" factor, that COULD be imagined, this is just completely without any illumination as to WHY and HOW did she do this???:confused:

Paladine
09-27-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm just back from taking a week off...maybe close to two. It did me some good to worry about the crap in my own life rather than the crap in someone else's!

I hear ya! I'm doing the same...checking in, now and again, but I needed to remember I HAVE a Family, but might not for long, if I didn't start feeding them better! Lol...perspective...I'm JUST getting it back...

PattyCake
09-27-2008, 11:58 PM
I feel terrible for this missing child and at times very helpless however I never allow it to affect my days or my children at all. It will resolve itself however it will and there is nothing I can do about it. You have a family and that's most important and you have the power to turn off the TV & your computer and enjoy life. That does not make you a bad person by ignoring this case for many days. I do, and no guilt felt. I'm not the one responsible.

So take back control of your life! :)

SleuthyGal
09-28-2008, 12:04 AM
Thank god you all feel the way I do! I am seriously crying about a child I have never met. Gosh I Love you guys for talking to me. All of you.

I'm going to suggest perhaps some counseling might be helpful for you. If you are truly unable to detach from this case and it is really consuming your life and affecting your day-to-day then something else is getting triggered and this case is the catalyst for that.

You know you can volunteer your time to help others and make a difference. There is NOTHING you can do in the Caylee case. They've got it covered 100%! LE is 'on' it.

If you need a better or different way to channel all that emotion and angst then find some other groups in your community to assist where your efforts WILL make a real difference quickly. Show your kids the value of volunteering for local causes. Use all your grief and put it to use with a group or two that can use your help.

OakIceShimmer
09-28-2008, 12:13 AM
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70566

Along with the"You know you're addicted when..." thread previously listed, you could also visit this thread.

Both are great for belly laughing and laughing so hard you cry.
Guaranteed gut busters that will ease your pain/

We've all been there from time to time.
Take care of you and your family first.
Oak

not_my_kids
09-28-2008, 12:19 AM
This case is difficult, but you have to learn to distance yourself. I don't cry about the case anymore and I try not to take anything personally.
I have been doing missing persons and unidentified dead for awhile now, and to me Caylee is just another missing child.
She deserves attention and care and concern, but she is not more important that our own families and lives.
And before you jump on me for saying that she is "Just another missing child" take a step and look at the situation. The onlything that sets Caylee apart is the craziness of the family. Other than that, there is nothing special here. SHe is sweet and cute and able to capture your heart, just like a good deal of the other 799, 999 people that will disappear this year.

GingBreade
09-30-2008, 02:44 AM
I have been following this case from the beginning and only just joined this amazing group...I really have to ask though I am totally Obsessed or not? I can't let it go.

Friday night I spent 10 hours on here after work...the longest ever. I just feel that I can never forget Caylee and I hate Casey so much it bothers me that I can feel such hatred towards someone...but I can't stop until there is a solution, a reason, an ending. Does anyone feel this way? Thanks for listening...

tx_Dot
09-30-2008, 02:58 AM
I have been following this case from the beginning and only just joined this amazing group...I really have to ask though I am totally Obsessed or not? I can't let it go.

Friday night I spent 10 hours on here after work...the longest ever. I just feel that I can never forget Caylee and I hate Casey so much it bothers me that I can feel such hatred towards someone...but I can't stop until there is a solution, a reason, an ending. Does anyone feel this way? Thanks for listening...

10 hours...is that all ???

Since I've joined I've stayed up several nights discussing very important things like trash, rotting pizza, gas cans, popcycles & chicken nuggets, just to name a few.

Hopefully KC will be locked up for good soon & we' ll have a nice vacation.....
'cause we're sure gonna need it to get thru the 'doc dump' on the next charges/ and when this goes to court.

Welcome to WS

RR0004
09-30-2008, 03:00 AM

My feelings change on any given day. Some days I think it's impossible for Casey to have hurt her own child...other days I wish she'd fry (sorry...must be one of those days). I am outraged most of the time, though, that she is home while her child is out there somewhere. I will be whooping it up when Casey walks that final walk into jail.
BTW- I've had one of those 10 hour days!

Welcome!!

GingBreade
09-30-2008, 03:15 AM
Thank you so much for responding to me...this 'case' has taken over my life in a way and I really appreciate you guys letting me know I'm not alone. It is just hard to fathom sometimes when I tell my boyfriend "i have a new theory, she drove around with the body for so and so days..." I can't believe I can even think these thoughts! But we need to solve it to put that evil thing away for ever..

Lexington
09-30-2008, 03:32 AM
This is a very good question. I don't feel hatred for any of the A Team, just a feeling of disgust and anger and impatience with their lies and hypocrasy. Foremost, I feel sad that little Caylee hasn't been found and she hasn't been given a proper burial which she richly deserves.

On a lighter note, I am consumed with this case, to the point that my life is falling apart around me. I no longer do laundry, have no food to speak of in the fridge, stay up all night on WS's and sleep most of the day (luckily I am retired, or I could easily see myself quitting my job or becoming so sleep deprived that I couldn't function at work and they would have to get rid of me), I have to make an effort when talking to friends not to bring up this case too often, etc. So, no, you are not alone - welcome to the club.

DollyPardonMe
09-30-2008, 03:33 AM
I didn't think I could ever feel hate for another human being but I look at Caseys pics and I just want to strangle her. I have Caylee engraved on my heart and I must come here to websleuths 20 times a day looking for a ray of hope. I need justice for Caylee or I feel I will go nuts! If I didn't have to watch my 5 year old grandson I would be in the swamps of Orlando from dusk to dawn looking for that little angel. I even look at all the little faces of every little girl out here in California just in case......A long time ago I had lost my faith in God but this little girl has brought me back to my knees and I pray every night wherever Caylee is, she is in the arms of Love and protection whether it be on this earth or with God in heaven. God bless you little one!

GingBreade
09-30-2008, 03:49 AM
I didn't think I could ever feel hate for another human being but I look at Caseys pics and I just want to strangle her. I have Caylee engraved on my heart and I must come here to websleuths 20 times a day looking for a ray of hope. I need justice for Caylee or I feel I will go nuts! If I didn't have to watch my 5 year old grandson I would be in the swamps of Orlando from dusk to dawn looking for that little angel. I even look at all the little faces of every little girl out here in California just in case......A long time ago I had lost my faith in God but this little girl has brought me back to my knees and I pray every night wherever Caylee is, she is in the arms of Love and protection whether it be on this earth or with God in heaven. God bless you little one!

Me too! (Want to strangle her) The degree that I dispise that 'thing' surprises me because I am not one to judge or get too involved - but I hate her more than I have ever hated anyone - it maybe scares me that someone like this could go undetected for so long amongst friends...I have always been such a good judge of character but I wonder would she have fooled me too?

aqua_mom
09-30-2008, 03:59 AM
Me too! (Want to strangle her) The degree that I dispise that 'thing' surprises me because I am not one to judge or get too involved - but I hate her more than I have ever hated anyone - it maybe scares me that someone like this could go undetected for so long amongst friends...I have always been such a good judge of character but I wonder would she have fooled me too?

Well you are not alone. I think a neighbor alleged that CA wanted to do the same. To be honest, I have found myself having 'hate' feelings. I think it's mostly around the idea that she killed her own daughter and I can't fathom that. If Caylee is found alive I would probably change that to being deeply disgusted by KC but that's as positive as I would get.

GingBreade
09-30-2008, 04:05 AM
This is a very good question. I don't feel hatred for any of the A Team, just a feeling of disgust and anger and impatience with their lies and hypocrasy. Foremost, I feel sad that little Caylee hasn't been found and she hasn't been given a proper burial which she richly deserves.

On a lighter note, I am consumed with this case, to the point that my life is falling apart around me. I no longer do laundry, have no food to speak of in the fridge, stay up all night on WS's and sleep most of the day (luckily I am retired, or I could easily see myself quitting my job or becoming so sleep deprived that I couldn't function at work and they would have to get rid of me), I have to make an effort when talking to friends not to bring up this case too often, etc. So, no, you are not alone - welcome to the club.

you are so lucky you are retired! I have a 9 to 5 job but thankfully I work on-line...I have a reason to be online hours a day! I tell myself I will not look today because I get so upset and can't stop reading and then all of a sudden it is 4 hours later and I have drank a bottle of wine! (this is after work of course haha)

We really haven't seen this before. Some people I talk to have never heard of her, and in a way I envy them because they are not invested and have no time for it - but I make the time because I so want Caylee to matter, for someone to be accountable and Casey to own up and pay for what she has so obviously done.

aqua_mom
09-30-2008, 04:28 AM
you are so lucky you are retired! I have a 9 to 5 job but thankfully I work on-line...I have a reason to be online hours a day! I tell myself I will not look today because I get so upset and can't stop reading and then all of a sudden it is 4 hours later and I have drank a bottle of wine! (this is after work of course haha)

We really haven't seen this before. Some people I talk to have never heard of her, and in a way I envy them because they are not invested and have no time for it - but I make the time because I so want Caylee to matter, for someone to be accountable and Casey to own up and pay for what she has so obviously done.

I feel ya! I have a pretty intense job that requires me to be on a computer the whole time and I just can't stay away. My work has been suffering terribly and I've not been getting much sleep either. As you can see, I'm still up and it's late even by West Coast standards ;)

I don't think I can rest until Caylee is found and returned, one way or another.

Lexington
09-30-2008, 04:43 AM

Yes it worked out really well for me being retired. This is really an incredible case and I hope it is televised. I missed the OJ trial and the SP trial because of work and had no way to record them. I now have DVR and two television sets so I am prepared in case of any tv malfunction - I have to stock up on the pino though.

GingBreade
09-30-2008, 04:45 AM
I feel ya! I have a pretty intense job that requires me to be on a computer the whole time and I just can't stay away. My work has been suffering terribly and I've not been getting much sleep either. As you can see, I'm still up and it's late even by West Coast standards ;)

I don't think I can rest until Caylee is found and returned, one way or another.

Yes if they ever search my computer at work they will find lots of goodies...cholorform, decomposition, , escorts...you know what I'm saying. :rolleyes:

I haven't gotten a full nights sleep in months...late for work all the time and not focused. This is so addictive because in a way I think I can solve the case!? I wish I was a detective so I could actually be paid to do this...my job is suffering too these days and I swear they will fire me if I don't shape up! We just want the truth to be known though right? And I know it 'bugs me' beyond belief that Casey is out of jail and so smug...how can she sleep at night if we can't???

GingBreade
09-30-2008, 04:52 AM
Yes it worked out really well for me being retired. This is really an incredible case and I hope it is televised. I missed the OJ trial and the SP trial because of work and had no way to record them. I now have DVR and two television sets so I am prepared in case of any tv malfunction - I have to stock up on the pino though.

Really the only way it is televised now is NG...I hope when they charge her we can watch it all unfold. People that don't know what is going on right now I don't even try to update them...there is too much to tell and telling someone doesn't give it the justice it deserves! I guess I should just say that this evil chick killed her adorable daughter. OMG! :confused:

Lexington
09-30-2008, 05:07 AM
Really the only way it is televised now is NG...I hope when they charge her we can watch it all unfold. People that don't know what is going on right now I don't even try to update them...there is too much to tell and telling someone doesn't give it the justice it deserves! I guess I should just say that this evil chick killed her adorable daughter. OMG! :confused:

I failed to say I hope the trial is televised on Court TV (now TrueTV). I watch NG all the time but her coverage is not that good. If GVS did not go political, we would have a much better vehicle.

GingBreade
09-30-2008, 05:18 AM
I failed to say I hope the trial is televised on Court TV (now TrueTV). I watch NG all the time but her coverage is not that good. If GVS did not go political, we would have a much better vehicle.

Yes you are so right! I sure hope it will be covered. NG was so good at first but now every show is a repeat of the same...over and over and over and she doesn't seem to let anyone talk now even if they are on her/our side!

It will only be a matter of time before we see 'it' in court...what a happy wonderful day that will be.:):):)

Feistyoldbroad
09-30-2008, 06:15 AM
Thank you for starting this post. I have begun to feel things I never thought I would.

Hate is a strong word.. Yes, I hate Casey & Cindy. I actually found myself thinking about how I wish Casey gets herself a nice roomate in the big house.
If not that, I hope a random psycho gets a hold of her and does some unmentionable things. I guess I am a bad person. I just want to see her suffer 3x as much as Caylee did.
God forgive me

GingBreade
09-30-2008, 06:29 AM
Thank you for starting this post. I have begun to feel things I never thought I would.

Hate is a strong word.. Yes, I hate Casey & Cindy. I actually found myself thinking about how I wish Casey gets herself a nice roomate in the big house.
If not that, I hope a random psycho gets a hold of her and does some unmentionable things. I guess I am a bad person. I just want to see her suffer 3x as much as Caylee did.
God forgive me

You are not alone. I have always said 'hate' like I hate the wind, I hate the cold, I hate this and that but I used the word wrong. This 'Casey' thing is very evil and deserves our Hate. But we can't let it get us...she can't drag us into her sick world. Maybe if we try and think good thoughts about her she will implode or something. :bang:

Good night and dream optimistic everyone.

Lexington
09-30-2008, 06:29 AM

God forgive me

You mean like a Hannibella Lechter? lol

softsoul
09-30-2008, 06:41 AM
I feel a lot of anger about this case. I don't hate the parents or the brother but am disgusted by their behavior. I will admit to having hateful feelings toward Casey. I have never felt this intensely negative about anyone in my life, even those who have hurt me personally in terrible ways. I have never sought revenge on them, actually never even thought about such a thing. With Casey I find myself wanting to see her punished...and not just punished....but I want to see her suffer. I'm not proud of these feelings (but it does feel good to admit them). It doesn't feel good to have hate in your heart. I am often confused by these feelings as well because there are other people who have committed evil acts and I haven't felt this intensely toward them. I'm not even convinced that Casey intentionally killed her child. Either way I do believe she carried her own baby's body around in the trunk of that car and the entire time was concerned with her boyfriend. She ditched her child's body like a piece of junk and went on with her life, even appearing happy to her friends. I am STUNNED by her ability to live in that house with all the pictures and memories of that precious child...how, just how?? Anyway, enough of my rant but yes, unfortunately for me, I do feel hate. Those who are able to not feel hate toward Casey are truly better people than me.

Dolphinmomcca
09-30-2008, 06:46 AM
I googled "true crime message boards" and came up with this one, but I had also found it when I stumbled upon a WS hater blog written by some girl who had her panties in a bunch from getting banned here with a whole group of people. lol
Either way......I started reading this case, and I have been hooked since, I think its about 6 weeks now. I dont know if I feel hate or pity, or what I feel......I just want Caylee to be found, and her murderer to pay the price......I used to believe this is just a big mistake and Caylee could be alive, but that flew out the window awhile ago.......that poor baby, she never stood a chance =(

BonKai
09-30-2008, 07:30 AM
I'm new to WS, but have followed several high profile missing children's cases (Ramsey, Smart, Ducket, etc). I sure wish I would have known about WS back then.

The emotions are many: fear, anger, heartbreak, disbelief, hope; but it has taught me to hold my children closer (though they are ages 14 and 24), and to keep an eye on the neighborhood children.

I live in the community where Kelsey Smith (18) was taken in broad daylight from Target and killed. Her friends, family, church and concerned citizens were out door to door within hours passing out flyers with her photo and info. I was signed up to help, but they found her before I could get out there.

tfrohning
09-30-2008, 07:46 AM
I have been following Caylee case from the begining. I am true crime fan and I read any new book that comes out. The childrens sad cases, I have a very hard time with. I have a 5 year old grand son and I can not image the helpless. I also follow Trenton Duckett case too. Caylee case I never seem anything like it, since Diane Downs (she shot her kids up in Or. years ago I still follow her case she up for parole in 2009, She never have told truth. There is not a night or morning that I don't think about Caylee. what did her mother do??????

zadari
09-30-2008, 07:54 AM
i feel alot of disgust . at the adults that are taking focus away from finding caylee . i am angry that casey wont tell them anything.. i dont understand how any parent could hate thier own child soooo badly .to just wipe them off the face of the earth .i feel alot of disgust that so many people are coming out of the woodwork for thier 15 minutes of fame .. i feel terrible and so sad for the people that knew casey and caylee and loved them . but most of all i feel anguish and sadness for a little innocent angel that got caught up in a web of lies and selfishness and hate .who has no chance to grow up experience life as she shouldve ..no first boyfriend,no first prom. no swimming anymore no toys anymore .no more warm bed no more kisses .no more being held close ...my emotions are so many right now in the case ..i hope god is holding her close i hope she is sitting on his throne with him being held and loved

drumstick
09-30-2008, 08:39 AM
I agree with you....

I feel frustrated for le that they have been given nothing but lies and crazy stories from a family who expects them to find their little girl.

No help whatsoever from these people.

They cause confusion and demand action.

Just for once in their lives I wish they put this child first and help find Caylee and stop worrying about stupid t-shirts!

Those of us who have searched for this child (who we never knew) are angry, sad, enraged, frustrated, and disgusted that those closest to Caylee have done nothing but give lip service about actually finding her.

What kind of people are they that demand answers from le and expect all of us to find their little girl while they lie and run their mouths and do NOTHING to FIND CAYLEE?

Why don't they try for ONCE to tell the TRUTH and tell us WHY NO ONE has seen this child since June 16th...... NOT ONE PERSON.

WHY? Try the truth this time.....

:mad:

hornswoggled
09-30-2008, 11:37 AM
The first thing I remember seeing on tv is Casey Anthony in handcuffs being escorted to jail. I feel that most of us have first instinctive impressions on things of this nature. My very first gut impression was that this character killed her little girl. The thing that really caught my complete attention and turned me off at the same time was the way she was walking and the look on her face. She had that "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" look of satisfaction. That's the only way I can describe it. I usually tape these things, go back and play it muted and slow it down. Those facial expressions are very revealing without hearing newscasters or background noise. I remember doing it in the Scott Peterson case. His face told the entire story.

Whether this was planned out or an accidental act of negligence, her face and her walk betrayed her feelings. She is either glad the she carried out her plan, or glad that she was successful in covering up a terrible accident. But she IS glad.

Casey's tone of voice and her words used in communicating with her family betray her also. The barking of commands, sarcasm and lack of respect for their fear and confusion is astounding. That tells me that she is used to "handling" her family that way. I swear, they all appear to be intimidated by her. If I had seen nothing else in this case, these things (perp walk, facial expression and tone of voice) would still be an indicator of guilt to me.

To use Casey's very own words to describe her...... huge waste, HUGE WASTE.

tiredofthis
09-30-2008, 11:42 AM
The first time I ever saw Casey Anthony was when the news showed her walking into the court room for the first time. She had a little smile on her face like she was happy the cameras were there. It was at that moment I knew she had killed her daughter. She was way to happy to be a grieving mother.

This is the first case I have followed so closely and I will be glad when it's over.

Fandy
09-30-2008, 12:01 PM
I think the public shows more emotion than the the "grieving mother".

After watching Cindy being interviewed, and hearing/reading Casey's friends transcripts, i've come to the conclusion that casey premeditated this and her mother is doing anything she can to obstruct the case....I fence-sit on whether Cindy is an actual victim anymore because nobody can be THAT obtuse. she enabled her daughter and lost her granddaughter for doing so. that may be her only punishment unfortunately.

Short_Stuff
09-30-2008, 12:17 PM
2 words, FED UP

proudgrandma
09-30-2008, 12:21 PM
I have been so into this case that I fear I may have lost touch with sweet and dear friends I met on a message forum. These friends and I share a painful disorder (disability).

I will continue to follow this case but will also get back to posting on my forum.

Only God (to those who believe) has the understanding and truth about all those involved so I will leave it all up to him.

GOD BLESS CAYLEE

Ocean Lover
09-30-2008, 12:22 PM
I have followed this case since it started via WS. I have found myself watching the webcam and reading WS at the same time along with watching Headline News and Fox. This case has captivated me due to KC not reporting her missing for so long and her behavior while Caylee was missing and how the family is acting about all of this. Such as washing away evidence cause it smelled like the car. Duh death!!!!
I went away for the weekend to a NASCAR race that I go to every year. I found myself spacing out and thinking about little Caylee during the race. If anyone has been to a race it's very loud! I then found myself back in the cabin afterwards crying. I tried to call my daughter to see how my granddaughter did at the babysitter on Friday and when I couldn't get them I was sad. I just don't understand why a mother would do something to her child and why the grandparents are harboring her in their home. I have a daughter and granddaughter around the same age as KC and Caylee and I think that is why I'm so emotionally involved in this case.

Of course I could just not watch or read anything involving the case but I feel that I have to know the final outcome and this group of people on WS are so intelligiant about this case and seem to have the best information before the news stations do.

What a beautiful child Caylee is and she never stood a chance in that family! I wish CA would have let KC put Caylee up for adoption so she could have had a loving family and felt thier love.

I just want this case to end soon. With that being said I don't want KC to get the death penalty cause I think that would be easy on her. I want her to live in prison for the rest of her life and suffer from the other inmates do to her. They will let her see what life is really like. Not being able to be at your attorney's office for 8 hours a day and then home in your room watching television and being on the internet. She will get what is coming to her sooner or later. :behindbar:furious:

The Anthony's are a waste, a huge waste!

Openmyeyes
09-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Thank you for starting this thread.

As a long time follower of true crime, I am so greatful for the internet. I remember the day when we only had newspapers to follow these cases, maybe some local news reports and then maybe a book or two about the case. My interest started in true crime when a family from my area was killed in their summer cottage in northern Michigan. I was in 7th grade and it was 42 years ago. All the information that was available came via the newspapers. The crime was wrapped in mystery and the perplexities of the case never left my mind. The case has never been officially solved, and I do check on it once in a while. There is a slight similarity between that case and Caylee, in the respect that decomp played a prominent role. The family was locked in their cottage for a week before anyone discovered them. A passerby noticed an awful smell and contacted authorities. When LE walked onto the scene and approached the back door they were met with a horror that they weren't prepared for: swarms of flies and an awful odor that could be smelled all the way to the road. Of course, there was a flurry of info in the newspapers, but that eventually subsided and the case would only get attention on its anniversary and then it waned to a point that it was only brought up when someone thought about it and asked a question. Oddly enough, this year 2 books have been released about it and it is being remembered as Michigan folklore.

In between that case and now, I have followed many cases, and a few have stayed with me in that I still look for updates. OJ, Danielle Van Dam, Laci Peterson.
I came to WS the day Laci Peterson was first reported missing on TV. That was a very emotional case. The big difference for me is that in the Laci Peteson case there were
actually people you cared about beyond the victims. Sharon, Ron, Brent, Laci's g/f's, even Amber Frey were all people you felt sympathy for. In this case, the only person I care about is Caylee. Never in my life did I expect to see the path this case has taken.

It really baffles me how Casey and the Anthonys are allowed to lie and are willing to lie at the expense of this child. Their sense of entitlement irks me. The fact that they are unwilling to listen to people with experience, and follow their suggestions is repulsive.
Yes, this case is very emotional for me. I do not and cannot understand how this precious little girl was so disposible.

It is a comfort to have sites like this to help work thru thoughts and theories. I am either on here or on chat and some days it is very difficult to pull myself away, but I do, just to keep my emotions in check. Lucky for me I have a husband that is reminded of my hobby/interest when he passes by our bookshelves, so he doesn't complain too much.

To the newbies - if you find yourself getting too wrapped up, take a few hours off. Walk away, light a candle, say a prayer, hug your family and count your blessings. Also, if posting gets too daunting, come join us in chat - being able to discuss the case in real time is helpful at times and fun.

epresley
09-30-2008, 01:19 PM
I have followed case after case including JonBenet Ramsey, Natalee Holloway, Elizabeth Smart, Lacy Peterson, etc., etc., etc. I'm fascinated, troubled, emotional, all of the above. Yeah, it's a HUGE emotional investment, but if we can come to an absolute conclusion about these (or even one) cases, we have done something great, we've made a difference.

jeepgirlva
09-30-2008, 01:45 PM
I feel frustration and anger that Casey has not been charged with murder... I feel sadness that Caylee is gone and her mother does not care ...

Fandy
09-30-2008, 01:52 PM
I just can't wrap my brain around how anyone could think that Casey kept her supposed miscarriage in her trunk as a theory for the evidence located there.

supergirl
09-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Been lurking here from the beginning and just registered the other day. I can't claim to be as "sleuthful" as most on here but from my observations emotions here are swinging high and low, nice and not so nice, right along with the information/mis-information released. I really feel bad for the wonderful folks on WS who feel strongly when the media or LE releases info that cause them anger or additional grief. Folks on here express their genuine feelings, whatever they may be, out of caring for fellow people and seeking the truth. I feel you all are some of the smartest, most compassionate, rightous folks around, and if (God Forbid) myself or my family ever has a tradegy as those you seek to help, I want you all on my side. Keep doing the right thing, even when it seems the road has ended and nobody else seems to care anymore! Hats off!!

cfromcanada
09-30-2008, 02:46 PM
I have followed some crime stories very closely. I remember the day of the OJ verdict, I cried like a baby. I had just escaped an abusive relationship with my two year old son and I guess that is when it became a hobby of sorts. I am very addicted to the Caylee Anthony case, unreasonably so I think. All missing children derserve our attention,prayers and concern, but I think what is so addictive in this situation is the crazy circumstances and characters right out of a Stephen King novel! There is rage and fear. Fear that justice will not prevail and that prosecution standards and common sense once again collide. Everytime ANYONE suggests Caylee may be alive I get frustrated. First thought I have is "reasonable doubt".

Fandy
09-30-2008, 03:51 PM
I fear that this child's body will never be found and she won't ever have a resting place.

Her mother threw her out with the trash and the rest of the family goes and covers it by telling tales of rotten pizza, sightings from texas to PR and finger pointing at Amy and JG. They don't respect this child, they Lie and they insult TES.

Karma can't come fast enough. (oh i'm ranting, sorry)

magic-cat
09-30-2008, 11:40 PM
I hope she ends up as a cellmate of Scott Peterson so they can revel in one anothers lies and schemes while they are waiting for forever...

Lake Erie Princess
10-01-2008, 02:32 AM
I live and breathe this case about precious Caylee. Being the Mum of 4 grown sons, I cannot comprehend how anyone

could be this EVIL !

So, if it was an accident, then fess up, Casey O ! The truth shall set you free. Daily I ask the Lord to give wisdom to those out there searching for Caylee, and to place a strong conviction on Casey's conscience to tell the truth, to the point of not being able to eat, sleep, or think. This is incredibly ridiculous, and that baby deserves to be laid to rest in peace.

I have often wondered if Caylee is with Jesus, or does she wander Fl ? Seriously ! Whether by accident or murder, she had to have died so painfully. Is she in shock, or is her soul at peace now ? Does she need justice to walk into the light ?

cacnotcam
10-01-2008, 02:38 AM
The first time I ever saw Casey Anthony was when the news showed her walking into the court room for the first time. She had a little smile on her face like she was happy the cameras were there. It was at that moment I knew she had killed her daughter. She was way to happy to be a grieving mother.

This is the first case I have followed so closely and I will be glad when it's over.

Oh, I agree. They show her in that blue 82 or whatever number hoodie and she has this look on her face like she is the absolute shi* (no pun intended with the word absolute!!!)

Lake Erie Princess
10-01-2008, 02:42 AM
:bang:
Oh, I agree. They show her in that blue 82 or whatever number hoodie and she has this look on her face like she is the absolute shi* (no pun intended with the word absolute!!!)

I am not a violent lady,:blowkiss: but Casey does have a face that I could slap !:furious:

But u know what ? Little Mrs. Law Abiding Citizen here would get charged with assalt, and NOBODY !!! :bang:would bail me out ! :behindbar'Ya think ?

cacnotcam
10-01-2008, 02:43 AM
I just don't get it!!!! I am a self proclaimed spoiled brat. I had a rude awakening when I lost my mom in 06 and my grandpa just this past July. I have always had things handed to me....I am spoiled...I admit it...I was on birth control when BOTH my kids were conceived and I have (in the back of my head) at times thought of them as inconvienient or a burden...And I feel horrible for thinking of these things...BUT I could not fathom ever causing either of them harm....Ever. That is why this case is so close to my heart. I can see where a person might be coming from....feeling burdened by a child....but you do other things. You get babysitters (real ones) or you tell people that yoU NEED to get away. They will listen. Believe me. I know. I have needed a few breaks just to get my sanity back.....I did the normal thing in my situation...I turned around and said...I cannot handle this at this point...rather than offing my own kids, whom I would lay my own life down for.

cacnotcam
10-01-2008, 02:44 AM
:bang:

I am not a violent lady,:blowkiss: but Casey does have a face that I could slap !:furious:

But u know what ? Little Mrs. Law Abiding Citizen here would get charged with assalt, and NOBODY !!! :bang:would bail me out ! :behindbar'Ya think ?

I would!!!! :crazy:

zadari
10-01-2008, 02:45 AM
Oh, I agree. They show her in that blue 82 or whatever number hoodie and she has this look on her face like she is the absolute shi* (no pun intended with the word absolute!!!) actually she looked like ah they are gonna let me back out this isnt serioius kinda oh **** look imho .. nervous some people smirk or smile when they are nervous i do .. but when im terrified i dont .. she is a hard person to read im thinking ... you arnt gonna really read her unless she lets you either . who knows mabey this is all some sick plan she concocted up to get money . and here little caylee would be alive .. to get on talk shows make movies ect ect you just never know these days with people they are all in trouble with money gonna lose thier home ect ect .. who knows .

cacnotcam
10-01-2008, 02:48 AM
actually she looked like ah they are gonna let me back out this isnt serioius kinda oh **** look imho .. nervous some people smirk or smile when they are nervous i do .. but when im terrified i dont .. she is a hard person to read im thinking ... you arnt gonna really read her unless she lets you either . who knows mabey this is all some sick plan she concocted up to get money . and here little caylee would be alive .. to get on talk shows make movies ect ect you just never know these days with people they are all in trouble with money gonna lose thier home ect ect .. who knows .

Well, as I have said before, I am a self proclaimed spoiled brat. I had that look on my face many times but that was when I was feeling like I was getting away with something or that I was above whatever was happening...Ya know?? But when faced with serious situation, you would not find that smirk on my face.

ThoughtFox
10-01-2008, 03:24 AM
I have always been interested in crime and detective work, but I first came to Websleuths during the Chandra Levy case, which is sadly still unsolved. I mostly lurked here reading back then, but joined during the search for Elizabeth Smart. I really got involved here with the Laci Peterson case which became an obsession for me to the point of not sleeping. I spent hours here posting news and analyzing every little detail, so I know what people are going through over Caylee.

I had to get away from sleuthing after Scott Peterson went to jail, but I still followed quite a few cases.

Crime makes me feel two emotions more than anything: anger and disgust. I feel anger about the lying and deceit. I feel disgust when human beings throw away the lives of others, especially children.

Once someone is a proven liar, it is hard for me to feel pity for them. So over time I've become alot colder towards people who commit crimes. All that matters to me is justice for the victims, and that's what keeps me interested.

drumstick
10-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Yesterday... near my hometown... someone threw away a newborn baby into a dumpster...still crying and kicking.

As it would happen, God in his compassion, led a nearby worker to the cry of this baby and the baby was saved.

What kind of person throws away a beautiful baby after giving birth?

This is the kind of mentality we are dealing with here in the Caylee case.

As hard as it is to wrap your mind around the possibilities of pure evil, there are some people who are mentally defective walking in our midst.
Our prisons are full of those who have been caught.

This is a good day for me to remember to say a prayer for every member of law enforcement.
They need all of our prayers everyday.

Baznme
10-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Yesterday... near my hometown... someone threw away a newborn baby into a dumpster...still crying and kicking.

As it would happen, God in his compassion, led a nearby worker to the cry of this baby and the baby was saved.

As hard as it is to wrap your mind around the possibilities of pure evil, there are some people who are mentally defective walking in our midst.

This is a good day for me to remember to say a prayer for every member of law enforcement.

Amen....Drumstick.....Amen!

supergirl
10-01-2008, 11:28 PM
For some reason the thought of it now being October distrubs me so bad when I think of this case. The start of yet another month with this baby not where she should be, no real ideas of what happened to her. I wish so badly I could grab her mother the way LP says CA did and scream "where is she?"
Every morning I wake and log on hoping against hope she will be found somewhere alive, even when I truly think she won't be. Then I move to my next hope, she was found to have a proper burial. Then to the next hope, her worthless excuse for a human mother has been arrested. I can't even imagine how difficult every morning, week, month of wake ups is for the people who knew Caylee and truly cared for her wellbeing. There have to somewhere in the A's crazy life at least a few "normal" people who are morning this baby. How sad to think with the turn of a calender page, it is just one more reminder that we are moving further awaywith still no truth.

Pinky27
10-02-2008, 12:57 AM
I am so obsessed with this case. All I do at work is surf Websleuths, all the Orlando news channels, rush home to watch Nancy Grace and hope that something would have happened by now. We all need closure this is so heartbreaking and could be stopped if Casey would just talk.

cacnotcam
10-02-2008, 01:03 AM

OMG. Thank goodness someone found the poor thing!!! Ugh!! How awful!!!!

EtherealGirl
10-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I've been following the case from the beginning as well. I've always been fascinated with abnormal psychology and work in that field.

I have an unhealthy interest in serial killers, and actually have complied a database of facts pertaining to such. I am also an astrologer and have read every book ever written on the astrological makeup of serial killers.

But this case has currently replaced those obsessions. Even though child murderers hold no fascination for me whatsoever..only the utmost DISGUST.

I've grown to love Caylee, I would have taken her into my home in a heartbeat and it breaks my heart to think about the pathetic excuse of a life she lived, and I am not just talking about the way it ended.

I can't begin to imagine what that baby endured being raised in that so called home by those so called women. It makes me furious to even think about it.

JenninFla
10-02-2008, 05:25 PM
I feel confused and angry. I do not understand how anyone can do this to any child espically the one you ave birth to. I look at my kids an just feel so much love for them that I freak and have an axiety attack just thinking about something happening to them. This is the baby that she carried, she heard her heart beat and felt her move in the womb. She gave birth to her and held her and took on the job of caregiver and eternal protector. This is a little girl who took her first steps, said her first words, gave her first hugs and kisses but will never have a first day at school, have her first friend, get her first kiss from a boy, get her first car, go to her first prom, get her first job, fall in love for the first time, take her first steps down the aisle to marry her soul mate, hol her first born and take him/her to their first home. Her mom should be there cheering her on for all this but instead she was selfish and took it all away.
Im mad because Caylee never asked to be brought into the world and their were so many ways to have her "freedom" and Caylee have the life she deserved. Her so called Mother betrayed her in everyway and continues to betray her everyday. This angel deserves to rest in peace and yet KC is still to cold hearted to let that happen. WOW im getting madder and madder. Im only 45 minutes from Orlando so I better stop now before I take a trip.

one_hooah_wife
10-02-2008, 05:35 PM
I seriously think that this case put me into labor, prematurely! I stress over it a lot! But by staying off of this forum for the past two days I felt more stress, because I didn't know what was going on! Still, I have to limit my time here lest this case be my undoing!

Rhett
10-02-2008, 05:47 PM
I am sick of it. I just would like to be able to grab KC and shake the stuffing out of her. How can a "mother" kill her child (however it happened) and then leave her somewhere to rot. It disgusts me. I feel like KC is thriving off of all of the attention and she likes being the one in control. Again, I am sick of it. I just want little Caylee to be able to come home in whatever form she is in. Added: Also, I wish someone(LE or her family) would take KC and physically do some convincing until she talks. I don't know how her family has managed to control themselves not to beat the stuffing out of her. I don't usually advocate violence but she deserves anything she gets at this point.

Susanlee
10-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Anyone have any ideas on if we need Websleuths Anonymous? We could all start meetings in our hometowns. Have a "big Book". Pass out chips. Not 30 or 90 day chips. The meetings could be held every hour 24/7. We could pick up chips based on hours vs days. Help me here! Or moderators, close my thread:confused:

liltigress
10-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Great idea... Feed out addiction. :crazy:

MaggieMom
10-02-2008, 08:50 PM
My name is MaggieMom and I'm a Websleuthaholic. I want to get started on a 12 step program but I can't seem to stay "sober" long enough to logoff. The first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning is Websleuths. I tell myself I can stop whenever I want but deep down inside I know I can't.

Susanlee
10-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Great idea... Feed out addiction. :crazy:

Your too funny :) Now excuse me while I go find the help I so desperately need, lol!

mindypin
10-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I don't know what it is about this case that has bugged me to the point of spending as much emotional energy on it as I have. The OJ and Scott Peterson cases grabbed my attention, too, but not like this one. I don't have a child the age of Caylee; my son is grown. However, I remember him well when he was that age. In fact, when I see him now (he's in his 20's) I always seem to see that innocent little child in him. I can't help it. I guess it's the innocence and complete helplessness of the victim, who was murdered by the one person out of all that she should have been able to trust - her own mother.

One thing that is especially poignant for me is the video of little Caylee in her great grandfather's lap. She is so cute and so innocent looking, as she wraps her little arms around his neck and snuggles next to him. She glances sideways at the camera and then gazes up at Great Grandpa, only to snuggled back against his chest. The tears well up in me, hot and stinging, as the realization hits me that this was probably her last 24 hours on earth. It hurts so bad, even though I don't know this child. I just want to hug her and protect her from that evil monster that... that... Well, I just can't even type it right now. There are just no words foul enough... What happened to her is indeed truly unspeakable.

I believe this was a premeditated act. I wasn't sure at first, but in light of all the evidence coming forth in torrents of documents this is clear to me now. The prideful sashaying before the public by the of the prime suspect in the case confirms my assumption. Even if her version of events were true (that Caylee was kidnapped), she should be hiding her face in shame for not doing anything to recover her child for 31 days while she publicly engaged in depravity.

I can fully understand the anger and frustration of the protesters that haunt the home of those who harbor the murderess, because my own anger is so white hot. It smacks at the very core of justice when someone who is so obviously a callous monster is not behind bars on trial for their life, but instead free to blog on the Internet and sleep in her comfortable bed. There have been times that just to vent I yell at her image on the TV. Should my husband think I've "lost it" I will remind him of his rants during basketball/football games. I haven't needed to do that, because even he thinks the behavior of the sociopath is despicable.

I had never heard of Websleuths before, but am grateful for its existence and hopeful that some of the insights posted here will help the authorities in this and other cases. It's comforting to know that in today's world there are still sensible people who see things they way they are, and that I am not alone in my feelings. I pray for justice in this case, and try to take some solace in knowing that the precious angel is in Heaven and not suffering.

Whew! Thank you all.

http://fineartbymary.com/imgs/crossbutt.gif

Susanlee
10-02-2008, 08:59 PM
My name is MaggieMom and I'm a Websleuthaholic. I want to get started on a 12 step program but I can't seem to stay "sober" long enough to logoff. The first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning is Websleuths. I tell myself I can stop whenever I want but deep down inside I know I can't.

I love it! Actually, I feel the same way!

Feistyoldbroad
10-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Today I went from Anger to sadness and then to disgust.

Nothing makes sense. Why and how could anyone hurt that sweet little girl?
My heart hurts for her. :(

cfromcanada
10-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Anyone have any ideas on if we need Websleuths Anonymous? We could all start meetings in our hometowns. Have a "big Book". Pass out chips. Not 30 or 90 day chips. The meetings could be held every hour 24/7. We could pick up chips based on hours vs days. Help me here! Or moderators, close my thread:confused:

Im in..Today was exhausting. I have been on my computer all day! I am reeling about JB's comments.

BlueEyedSpy
10-02-2008, 09:33 PM

Words of wisdom. :clap:

Rhett
10-03-2008, 09:48 AM
You know the way emotions are running in this case I wouldn't wonder if there might be vigilante justice at some point. It shouldn't happen that way but it might if she doesn't tell. And, then that smartazz comment by her lawyer yesterday that "It wouldn't be in KC's best interest to tell what she knows about Caylee"!!! Well h_ll no it wouldn't because her butt would be in jail for life. See, I get angry everytime I try to talk about this case, no good for me.

hawki123
10-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Drumstick...I just came across again what you had quoted Cindy Anthony saying on 7-18-08...that if she had to go door to door,walk
all over every where till she found Caylee...well we see again what a liar she is. She hasn't much more than walked out her door to get all that attention by planting herself there for the protestors and the cameras. May Cindy never have a peaceful day on this earth again!

RebeccaAdrianne
10-03-2008, 10:05 AM
I find myself thinking about Caylee all the time, racking my brain on my daily commute trying to put info together about where she could be buried. I watch NG every night, my 2 older children are following the case with me. I also have a 9 month old son, and I just cant understand. I do everything for my children, I go without so they can have things they want, or even just food on the table.

I was a mother at 18 and from that day forward, I have always been a mother first and foremost. Putting my children first every time. I think KC is selfish and CA & GA are to blame for not making her take responsibility for Caylee long ago. Get a real job, go to school, do SOMETHING to make a life for Caylee. Alot of women are young mothers and rise above the statistics. To this day, I am an unmarried mother of 3, although I have had my share of boyfriends, and finally a good man that I am getting ready to marry next year, I never asked for help, money, anything. I made due and struggled for years to provide for my kids. Without help from anyone, any government, any family.

It makes me so sad that due to her selfish ways, she threw away the most precious gift, and not even her grandparents are trying to do the right thing for an innocent little girl that never asked to be born! Caylee deserved the chance we all have to live and become a best friend someday, attend her prom, gossip with friends, have crushes on boys, get engaged, become a wife, a mother, a grandmother. KC stole that.

This case also opens my eyes to all the other children out there that dont get this kind of coverage. There is a 5 year old boy missing in NY, same story line, missing and father saw him last, he gets no national attention to find his body. He at least has a mother fighting to find him, unlike CA & GA that only want to keep KC out jail...IT MAKES ME ILL!:mad:

Lady Loves Lurking
10-03-2008, 10:12 AM
I am grateful this case brought me to Websleuths instead of the other boards out there. I guess I have Caylee to thank for that. As i type this I have my eye on my six month old as he coos at Sesame Street. We watch it together, every week day.

When I am hanging out with him (SAHM) my mind wanders to all of the lost little children out there and I just have to hold him extra close. Caylee looks like my beautiful niece, Lily. When she first went missing I did a double take at that now-famous picture. My mind cannot grasp this degree of evil.

I cannot believe someone could throw away a newborn. That night I delivered my son is when my best life actually began. I became a better person by becoming a mother. The memory of him in those first days is so tender and sweet i'm getting misty thinking about it. I remember I looked at him and just felt this crushing sort of love. I knew I would never be the same because I knew I wanted to be a better person for him. I wanted to teach him about love and respect and hard work.

There is a special place in Hell for people that harm (or fail to protect) innocent beings.:furious:

outlandishone
10-03-2008, 10:41 AM
I feel anger and fustration at Casey and her family (hence my avatar - the scream) and complete and utter sadness for poor caylee, her life and the way she died.

I found websleuths by reading the in session message board.

I was there following the Shawn Hornbeck story, that was my first story I followed, then Caylee.

Now I am here on webslueths all the time.

I got a laptop for my bday this summer - along with the fact I am unemployed - it is the worst combination lol, when you are addicted as much as me.

I don't know what initailly drew me to this story, but as I read and followed and the more bizarre it became with all the cast of characters - I almost thought this cannot be real. How could she do such a thing to her own child? She looked like such a "normal" loving mother. It just blew mind.

As crazy as this sounds - I even thought hey maybe this is some weird new reality show - some weird social - psychological study to see how the public reacts.
Kinda like War of the Worlds. But sadly I know its not.

hawki123
10-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Mindypin:
You expressed your emotions about this case and little Caylee so beautifully.Yes,thank God there are people out there who are right-
minded people who see this case for what it is and that is that LE pick up Casey Anthony and throw her in the slammer and throw away the key and let her mother especially and other family members come to jail or prison just so she can curse them.That is her mind-set...she is a true monster.

Pondering Mind
10-04-2008, 10:55 AM
I seriously think that this case put me into labor, prematurely! I stress over it a lot! But by staying off of this forum for the past two days I felt more stress, because I didn't know what was going on! Still, I have to limit my time here lest this case be my undoing!

I too stress WAY too much over this case and have tried limiting my time here because of it. In some convoluted way I can't stay away long as I feel like I am abandoning Caylee if I do. Isn't that ridiculous? Everything about it weighs heavily on my mind constantly. IMO so many of us feel like she has no one else to stand up for her. Very sad.:mad: Take care of yourself and the precious little one hooah wife! :blowkiss:

karenmamo
10-04-2008, 01:26 PM
My emotions have also run the gauntlet over the last couple of months.
Today I am just feeling frustration.
Who of us would ever have imagined from the beginning that this case would become so involved!! All the twists! All the players!! All the possibilities!
Just YUK.

DollyPardonMe
10-07-2008, 02:36 AM
I know people are very emotionally attached to this case. Me included.

I wondered…how many of you are new to following a case like this? And if you are new, how are you dealing with the emotional affects? What drew you to this case?

And if you are a long time Websleuth, are you as emotionally attached to this as you are to others? What makes you follow these stories? How do you handle the emotional aspect?

I found this site through someone else – who was also following this case. I don’t know what drew me to it. Maybe it is the fact that Caylee and my daughter are the exact same age. Same month, day and year. And I just can’t imagine someone – nevermind ME – doing something like that to my sweet little girl. Maybe its all the questions behind the case that drew me in.

I’m having a hard time emotionally. I find myself checking for updates all the time. I worry that they won’t find her. I worry about how I’ll react if/when they find out that she is dead. I have this glimmer of hope even though I know what everything points to. I worry that we won’t ever get an answer. I worry that the media will eventually get tired of this and it will just get brushed aside.

To you veterans…is this normal? To the newbies…do you feel the same?

I guess I'm kind of a newbie. Have a few posts but I've noticed with all the news lately I'm getting alot more involved and having a hard time emotionally, especially with the motion to have Casey let off her home confinement and so far, no arrest. Having hard time sleeping, need anxiety meds, gaining weight. Any suggestions? Should I just stay off websleuths for a while and take a break? :too much info:

cjm11
10-08-2008, 02:35 PM
sorry, couldn't find the rant thread and I just HAD to get this off my chest! How dare Baez and KC ask the prosecutor to give them evidence of KC's innocence, people who can discredit the prosecutors evidence, etc. WTF????? Is Baez really THAT stupid or does he have something up his sleeve? KC won't help locate Caylee, but she wants the prosecution to give her info to defend herself from them??? What am I missing here??? Geesh this case makes me so mad!

cfromcanada
10-08-2008, 04:02 PM
This is definetely a case you should take breaks from!!! I should take my own advice. LOL. This case sucks you in because it is so completely bizarre!! Casey and that family of hers, brings out unprecedented feelings of anger and disgust. I am also so afraid that somehow, someway, these nutbars will get away with all that they have done! I guess I will have to keep telling myself, "Let go and let God" (easier said than done)

mindypin
10-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I guess I'm kind of a newbie. Have a few posts but I've noticed with all the news lately I'm getting alot more involved and having a hard time emotionally, especially with the motion to have Casey let off her home confinement and so far, no arrest. Having hard time sleeping, need anxiety meds, gaining weight. Any suggestions? Should I just stay off websleuths for a while and take a break? :too much info:

That's what I do - I just give it a "breather" every so often. Whoopee! Now I have two NG shows to watch. I just found out last night that they might do a grand jury, so that got my emotions really rolling. :woohoo:

I am really hoping to see justice done soon. Any cold blooded rat who can snuff out the life of a child to go party is an abomination.

Feistyoldbroad
10-09-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm not sure there is even a name for what I am now feeling.
Is there anything that goes beyond anger, rage and pure hatred?

:mad:

sweetmop
10-09-2008, 12:10 PM
I've been too emotionally into this case also.
I guess it's because there's a beautiful littl toddler whose mother killed her and dumped her like garbage and then went about her day to day life as if she had squashed a bug! It's so difficult for us to wrap our brains around this. It's worse than a horror movie actually, and it's real life!
I've thought many times over to just stop coming here and reading all of the sickening details daily, but I can't! I want to see KC back in the slammer, and I want her to stay there! I want baby Caylee found, it haunts me that this baby is lying out there somewhere rotting in the outdoors! I close my eyes at night and think about Caylee's short life, and what did she endure at the hands of the one supposed to cherish and love her??
I think Caylee has become the baby of us all! We love her and we can't begin to understand why her mother doesn't feel the same way!
I've followed several cases before, but this one has grabbed me like none of the others and won't let go!

moodyblue
10-09-2008, 12:39 PM
This the first case I have ever followed like this.
Since I don't watch tv much or read alot of news, except for trying to catch my local news, When i happened to be flipping channels and heard about this case, Something grabbed hold of me about it.
I had just recently prior to hearing about this case got instant grandma status to stepgrandson (I call him that even though my son and his mother haven't gotten married yet).
I think that kinda pulled me too, because after being around him after so long of not being around any little ones.
I heard about this case and took one look at this adorable little baby and just couldn't comprehend and my heart was instantly breaking for Caylee.
In the begining I was spending alot of time here and letting stuff go alot, and feeling a whole range of emotions, and it was really effecting in not so good ways.
I have stepped back quite a bit, as I don't have alot of lesiure time, I had to try and get my focus back on my family and regain some balance.

I worry that Caylee won't be found and given the proper burial she so deserves.
It amazing though, I have spent some time reading other parts of this site, and had no idea of how many missing people are out there. Really pulls at your heartstrings.
I have been reading the archives about trenton dunkett too. So sad.

Anyway, I think in order to follow this type of cases etc, You have to beware of your emotions. practice some detachment and keep your boundries in place as not to lose the balance in your own life.

magic-cat
10-09-2008, 01:44 PM
emotions, hmmmm....
incredulity
rage
confusion
sorrow
doubt
disturbed
distorted
caught off guard
impatient
perplexed
pain
grief
loss
horror
shock
angst
upset
oppressed
obssessed
addicted
afflicted
wondering
pondering
bewildered
heartbroken
empty
lost

and I am sure there are more...

tekilla
10-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I found this on the Orlando Craiglist and thought some of you might like to read it. I don't know who wrote it but it brought tears to my eyes.

A LETTER TO GRANDMA FROM CAYLEE

Grandma can you hear me?
Do you want me to come home?
IF you do then help them out
So I won't be alone.

Grandma do you realize
Why people hate you so?
It's because you protect HER when,
I couldn't run and had no place to go!

Grandma it's also true,
That you and my Grandpa, too...
Have made a mockery of the publics crys...
And stood behind my Mommy's lies!

Grandma they see your anger
And they see your pain,
But YOU throw out their good faith and prayers,
And call them nasty names!

And if they get a bit crazy,
It's because YOU won't stand up for me.
Grandma can't you understand,
Why don't you really see???

Grandma, I just don't understand
How my family can act this way!
Uncle Lee and Mommy high-fived
At the courthouse the other day!

Grandma, I think "that" gesture should have been saved for me,
On a day when I was found,
And came home to stay... permenantly!

Grandma, why is Mommy silent,
As you and Grandpa stand by her side?
How can you stand it...
You know how Mommy has always lied~!!!

The world loves me, Grandma...
You can believe it's true!
They search and say prayers...
And love little me... maybe more than you!

So if you love me Grandma,
Open your mouth and let it out...
Don't let anything stop you,
Just tell what it's all about~!!!

Grandma if you want me home...
You've got to tell it all~!!!
You've got to cry and forget her lies,
Because I deserve for her to fall~!!!

I'll be with you Grandma,
And you will feel me with your heart,
You've got to help and bring me home,
Now it's time for you to do your part...
JUST DO IT~!!!

Gaia713
10-09-2008, 04:54 PM
I found this on the Orlando Craiglist and thought some of you might like to read it. I don't know who wrote it but it brought tears to my eyes.

Grandma can you hear me?
So I won't be alone.

Grandma do you realize
Why people hate you so?

Grandma it's also true,

And they see your pain,

How can you stand it...

JUST DO IT~!!!
That said it all. How a so-called "loving" grandparent can be so nasty and NOT stick up for her grandchild. It's Caylee that is important here, NOT Casey.

Danadan
10-09-2008, 06:21 PM
This is my first post, been kind of lurking here for awhile. I "followed" missing children reports before, but never to this extent. I became a grandmother myself almost 2 years ago and cannot imagine what I would do if something happened in anyway to my grand daughter.

I have become totally involved in this case. I read everything I can on it, search numerous websites and have had to step back several times because it consumes me so much.

I found a video last night that broke my heart and made the tears flow even faster. If it is already posted on here somewhere, my apologies, but I wanted to share it with the people here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdP4sSlaxd0

I hope and pray Caylee is found soon, and I also have to say that as tragic as this is; this baby has been "adopted" by so many good and kind people that it amazes me.

?everything
10-09-2008, 07:20 PM
I have not posted a whole lot but do try and add a few things. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion,feelings and beliefs. I do get rather heated every now again, so I just step away. That is really hard to do when you are talking about a child missing. I have noticed that a lot of poster's have lost a loved one or are missing a loved one. People who post bring in things from their lives and use that to help them try and understand this terrible situation. I will have to say and I hope everyone will understand that sometimes things are they way are because they are supposed to be that way for the reason that they are. Everything that happens in life has a reason. No matter what one does in their life there is a reason. I sure hope this make some sense.

mindypin
10-09-2008, 07:50 PM
...I found a video last night that broke my heart and made the tears flow even faster. If it is already posted on here somewhere, my apologies, but I wanted to share it with the people here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdP4sSlaxd0

I hope and pray Caylee is found soon, and I also have to say that as tragic as this is; this baby has been "adopted" by so many good and kind people that it amazes me.

I just watched the video - it is heartwrenching. I hope that Cindy sees it, because it would have to persuade her to put the screws to Casey.

CaLiMoMof2
10-09-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm still fairly new to websleuths, and this is the first case I have ever followed... I dont know what it is about hte case that has me so attached!
I think being that im 21, and a mother of 2 little girls makes me so upset at how someone can be so selfish that they would have to do whatever KC did to poor little Caylee.
Im not a single parent, but it is still hard to work and care for 2 little girls, but because we love our kids we do whatever it takes to make it. We will go without, in order for them to have whatever it is they need! Just looking at their little faces and smiles, brings so much joy to my life. I don't know what I would do without them. And no amount of partying or friends would EVER replace them.

I think I have gotten a little to emotionally attached to the case.
Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, and look over to my kids beds, and see them soundly sleeping, and wonder where poor little Caylee is "sleeping". I wonder if she felt pain, or anger, or whatever. I find myself thinking about her alot. What would she be doing? Is she like my kids? Was she afraid of her mother (if thats what you want to call her)?

This case breaks my heart. And im always trying to find a way to find information. I work 3 hours a day, and then take care of my kids the rest of the day, so its hard to get online and find things out, but every chance i get im online, looking to see if there have been any breaks in the case, or any new news.

I hope this case gets solved soon. And that poor little Caylee can be put to rest properly..

hawki123
10-10-2008, 09:49 AM

Grandma can you hear me?
So I won't be alone.

Grandma do you realize
Why people hate you so?

Grandma it's also true,

And they see your pain,

How can you stand it...

JUST DO IT~!!!
This poem should be flooded all over the sites so Cindy can see it. It's the best one I've seen and especially because it is a cry from Cayll wherever she may be stashed. Just beautiful and I know it states exactly what we the public all feel for sweet little Caylee and that monster Casey.

tekilla
10-12-2008, 01:48 AM
This poem should be flooded all over the sites so Cindy can see it. It's the best one I've seen and especially because it is a cry from Cayll wherever she may be stashed. Just beautiful and I know it states exactly what we the public all feel for sweet little Caylee and that monster Casey.

I wish I knew who wrote it. But it wasn't signed. I was worried about putting it here because of not knowing who it belonged to. But it really says a lot and I wanted to share it.

concentric
10-12-2008, 02:15 AM
I have the same feelings of sadness and grief I have had over the past 4 years regarding the missing and murdered. There are so many. When my own sister died, I felt a little bit of what the victim's family must feel. I have been a crime victim many times over and my sister, as well, before her death.

shadow of my mind
10-12-2008, 02:37 AM
The amount of time and effort that is being used by LE, CSI, all of the people who are searching and everyone on this site to find Caylee and bring to justice to the person(s) responsible is amazing. It helps restore my faith in humanity. Just the fact that so many people, strangers really, can work together to bring this little child home brings a smile to my face and lifts my sprits. It is the one positive in all of what’s wrong. Each and every one of you deserves a hug, for the plain and simple fact that you care.

Into the night I go,
With all of my thoughts and prayers
That on the morn, when I shall awake
Caylee will be found. )O(

concentric
10-12-2008, 02:48 AM
If Lee is the father, I will feel sadness for Casey. If this is true, I think many people will be feeling some guilt over making sarcastic comments about her.

Cara's Mom
10-14-2008, 09:06 PM
This case has distressed me from day 1. I have a little girl who's just a little older than Caylee and who has similar coloring to this little angel. The GJ indictment and arrest made everything more real for me-I guess it was the finality of things (up to this point)-no more waiting games outside the A's house etc. I'm so so sad tonight, seeing Caylee in her Belle costume just did me in, as my girl has a similar dress. My big, gruff husband was almost in tears on seeing that picture and said, "we could've taken her and given her a good life" (ok, we live in NJ so that was a totally unrealistic statement, but you get the sentiment). As you may know, toddlers can really push your buttons; but I could never fathom hurting my girl-but then again I'm not a sociopath. My husband and I tried for 3 years to get pregnant and we were so thankful to God and the doctors that made it possible-how could someone take their child's life? We've also had a few "oops" babies in our extended family too, and all those babies have turned out to be blessings for our family-how how how can someone kill a little child? Well, I guess we have our answer-Caylee cramped KC's style. I think CA's threats and the fact that she couldn't go to PR with her friends pushed KC to do the unthinkable. Makes you consider bigger questions, "How could a loving God let someone like Casey do what she did ("allegedly") Sorry for the ramblings, just had to vent. I love this forum-so glad I found it as no one up here by me is following this case. You are all a truly caring bunch, something rare to find in strangers these days.

Coley
10-14-2008, 09:14 PM
I have a little boy who is right at the same age when caylee left this world. I just can't imagine. Right now I'm tearing up. If I could have a few min with Casey, she would probably no longer be with us anymore.:furious:

jjgram
10-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Yes Cara's Mom !
It's Sad ! SAD ! ! ! S A D ! ! !
Mixed feelings....
No One gets to see Little ANGEL CAYLEE AGAIN ! ! !
SomeOne HURT Her!!!

KC Did NOT Protect her...
Your Mommy is suppose to protect you ...................
NO MATTER WHAT ! ! !

It is a sad ~~~ SAD~~~ S A D ! ! !

No matter what you THINK of KC ~~~
Or
CINDY ~~~~~ ....... it is SAD TO ME>>>>
It
is a ***** HUGE ***** LOSS ! ! !
It is sense less ! ! !
It is "EVIL" to have Death occur to an innocent Child ! ! !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to pray for them "ALL"
I have been forgiven my sins.............

I pray that they are FORGIVEN their sins ! ! !

God Bless !
jjgram

* * * Mixed feelings.... mostly sad for the un - necessary loss * * * * * of Caylee's LIFE ! ! !

brians_babe
10-14-2008, 09:32 PM
I had my first child at age 21 in 2007. In the prime of my party time. I had some slip up with in the first 4 months and made it through. I let go of my old life as to where with the way I was leading my life, she would have been taken away. I made her my life. She was my reason for breathing. We lived together, just her and I (with my parents help while I worked, Thank You Koozit!!!) for just over 6 years and met the man that would knock your socks off. he has taken my daughter as in as if she was born from him.

Married 10 months after meeting and have 2 beautiful little boys to add to our family. My second child was planned. After a miscarriage, and heart break, he was welcomed into the world in 2006. My baby, well, was not planned. I conceived him 2 months after having my first son. Found out that I was 3 months along on Halloween 2006.

I have 3 babies, ones that I love. One planned, two not planned. One in the time where I thought partying was the fore front in my life. I still made my life straight. I have my daughter with me. (With the grace of God and her Angels, after being diagnosed T! diabetic 2 years ago.) I would have never have thought of doing anything, ANYTHING to my babies!!!

DD 11yrs old. DS 28 moths. DS2 18 months.

Caylee, come home. Bring us to you!

"Fly, fly little wing. Where only Angel sing..."

kierasmom
10-14-2008, 09:37 PM
When I first heard the news today, I was excited that the charges finally came but then I felt really sad when I thought of Caylee.

My little girl is just a bit older than her too.

I really feel for the Anthony's. Regarless that they are all a little wack.

This is a little girl and she is gone. Hopefully to be found so she can be respectfully given a proper farewell and gracefully laid to rest.

It saddened me to see George today. My goodness, that must have been one of the hardest days of his life but he did what was right and did prove that he does love Caylee.

Thanks to George for reminding us that this little girl was indeed loved.

This evening, I gave my little one an extra little peck good night for you Caylee.

Rest in Peace little one.