PDA

View Full Version : ALL Movie-TV-Book Connections to friends and fabrications

Pages : [1] 2

maeby
08-15-2008, 07:16 AM
Hey,

Do any of you remember (I am sorry if this is a repeated topic!) back when the case first hit the news?

I remember hearing something about how Casey didn't want to tell the cops about Caylee's dissappearance because "she watched a lot of movies and in the movies if you call the cops the kid gets harmed" - so she was conducting her "own investigation".

I was wondering if there has been any follow up on this? Seems like Casey could be someone who would get her "ideas/lies" fantasy such as a movie. Like maybe she got a "plan" from a movie during those 31 days...?

Just another thought...

JBean
08-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Hey,

Do any of you remember (I am sorry if this is a repeated topic!) back when the case first hit the news?

I remember hearing something about how Casey didn't want to tell the cops about Caylee's dissappearance because "she watched a lot of movies and in the movies if you call the cops the kid gets harmed" - so she was conducting her "own investigation".

I was wondering if there has been any follow up on this? Seems like Casey could be someone who would get her "ideas/lies" fantasy such as a movie. Like maybe she got a "plan" from a movie during those 31 days...?

Just another thought...you know I think this is a really good angle.
She has invented so much information, it would be interesting to see if any of this tracks to any movies.
She takes a bit of information and spins it into her own tale.

CarrieSis
08-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Freedomland comes immediately to mind.

JBean
08-15-2008, 08:38 PM
I'll have to look that up. Why does it come to mind? I don't know it.

RR0004
08-15-2008, 09:32 PM
I thought she was referencing tv, but I don't know anything for sure anymore.

JBean
08-15-2008, 09:37 PM
I thought she was referencing tv, but I don't know anything for sure anymore.
hahahaha I just posted pretty much that same thing on a different thread about a differnt aspect of this case.

DagNasty
08-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Hey,

Just another thought...

Well she did say that she knows a Juliette/Juliet Lewis. What about the movie 'Gone Baby Gone'?

manatee
08-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Well she did say that she knows a Juliette/Juliet Lewis. What about the movie 'Gone Baby Gone'?

If I had to pick a movie this would be the one...In the movie it was the brother that reported the baby missing if I'm not mistake...yeah, she might have been trying to copy this movie, why not.:clap:

Amberjack
08-16-2008, 12:04 AM
The Dark Knight

Released July 9th

CarrieSis
08-16-2008, 12:46 AM
the dark knight? What part of it?

Amberjack
08-16-2008, 01:21 AM
Sorry, didn't see the movie.

my2cents
08-16-2008, 03:12 AM
Haven't seen Gone Baby Gone...I think someone said that it was a kidnapping movie? Who took the child in the movie? She may have been trying to copy the movie. I have stated many times that she seems to love the camera, and seems to think her life is a movie, so I am right there with you on thinking that there is some tie with the movie angle. I mean, if she did kill her child, she would have to have gotten the idea of where to put her from somewhere.

Elphaba
08-16-2008, 03:57 AM
I remember... it is in the original report: she used the movie scenario as a speculative excuse that first night to say why she didn't call LE during those 31 days. Then she ran with it, dropping the "seeing it in movies" aspect, and insisting on keeping the core of that excuse but started building a story around it: kidnappers have Caylee, threatened to harm her, thus Casey didn't seek LE involvement.

Periwinkle
08-16-2008, 04:33 AM
Gone Baby Gone (2007)
Directed by Ben Affleck. With Casey Affleck, Michelle Monaghan, Morgan Freeman. Two Boston area detectives investigate a little girl's kidnapping, ...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452623/

Anyone want me to check it out?
Im grasping at straws here LOL

SklarCrested
08-16-2008, 04:56 AM
I've been wanting to post about the movie thing and juliette lewis. Juliette starred in not only NBK but a film before that called Kalifornia with Brad Pitt. He was a serial killer. I haven't seen the movie but juliette has the same haircut as casey (only shorter). I have not found any jeff hopkins references in the movies, but he is an actual person that used to work at universal. Maybe she met him briefly at work and simply remembered his name for some reason. She peppers her information with things she knows. I know this because my husband's son is a pathological liar and a thief. I'm just not sure this will lead to finding Caylee. I think she just spins a spider's web and sees where it goes...or not...but keeps certain pieces of the spin to weave it all back into place...or not...spin, spin, spin...until she can spin out of this.
P.S. Her attorney is NOT going to turn her over to someone like Padilla to try to get info out of her. That would be stupid for the defense! They are playing games. I also agree that they are working the media to throw reasonable doubt out there for the future jury pool!
My humble 2 cents, take it or leave it. Thanks.

commongrackle
08-16-2008, 10:22 AM
P.S. Her attorney is NOT going to turn her over to someone like Padilla to try to get info out of her. That would be stupid for the defense! They are playing games. I also agree that they are working the media to throw reasonable doubt out there for the future jury pool!
My humble 2 cents, take it or leave it. Thanks.

The only reasonable doubt a jury should have was that Casey is a good mother! Ha. :rolleyes:

LoriKeet
08-16-2008, 01:13 PM
My favorite is the REAL actress Zenaida Gonzalez, who has starred as DETECTIVE FLORES in LA Forensics!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2809710/

I remember reading somewhere that Casey has introduced herself as Zenaida Gonzalez, and we all know she was conducting her OWN investigation searching for Caylee!!! Connection?!

SklarCrested
08-16-2008, 05:19 PM
LOL, good one, commongrackle!
Lorikeet, good catch. I did not know that.

MarleneM
08-16-2008, 05:33 PM
TV Series : "LA Forensics"

Episode: "Mysterious Confession" (2007)

Synopsis: A remarkable case thirty-five years in the making; three women are strangled to death, their bodies dumped with little or no evidence for investigators. The case goes cold until years later when an unlikely confession restarts the investigation. A ingenious sting-like operation is needed to nail the killer.

Director: Robert Dean

Writers: Peter Bowen and Monique Hart

Cast:

Zenaida Gonzalez as "Detective Flores"

whoa.

NighTillDawn
08-16-2008, 05:38 PM
TV Series : "LA Forensics"

Episode: "Mysterious Confession" (2007)

Synopsis: A remarkable case thirty-five years in the making; three women are strangled to death, their bodies dumped with little or no evidence for investigators. The case goes cold until years later when an unlikely confession restarts the investigation. A ingenious sting-like operation is needed to nail the killer.

Director: Robert Dean

Writers: Peter Bowen and Monique Hart

Cast:

Zenaida Gonzalez as "Detective Flores"

whoa.

Now that is one interesting bit of info there. Thanks.

wedavis
08-16-2008, 05:54 PM
I remember reading somewhere that Casey has introduced herself as Zenaida Gonzalez

Please reference the thread or include a link for this information. Otherwise it will be considered gossip.

CarrieSis
08-16-2008, 06:00 PM
I remember reading somewhere that Casey has introduced herself as Zenaida Gonzalez

Source please.

NighTillDawn
08-16-2008, 06:17 PM
I was weeding through websites concerning ZG. How would Casey learn of the knowledge of a ZG at the Sawgrass Apts the same time a ZG was there checking out an apartment? They found that ZG and she admitted being at the apts and filling out a guest card. How did Casey know, that would be some coincidence. Did Casey somehow get hold of the guestcard?

StillLurkin
08-17-2008, 10:03 PM

WOW, I was thinking the about that movie when I first heard about this case!

kgeaux
08-18-2008, 07:59 AM
Gone Baby Gone (2007)
Directed by Ben Affleck. With Casey Affleck, Michelle Monaghan, Morgan Freeman. Two Boston area detectives investigate a little girl's kidnapping, ...

WARNING: If you haven't seen the movie, I'm going to ruin it for you!

GBG's little girl is missing and presumed kidnapped. What really happened is mommy accidentally overdosed baby, trying to insure she'd sleep soundly so mommy could go hang out with some guy. Mommy lies and lies, but eventually leads cops to the body. (This movie could have been only 15 minutes long if they'd edited out the "f" word. I've never heard it used so many times in any other movie.)

This movie wouldn't make Casey afraid of calling the cops in (and I don't believe for one nanosecond she was afraid of calling the cops because CAYLEE might be harmed) but it COULD give her some ideas about how to handle an accidental death.

queenb3577
08-18-2008, 10:13 AM

GBG's little girl is missing and presumed kidnapped. What really happened is mommy accidentally overdosed baby, trying to insure she'd sleep soundly so mommy could go hang out with some guy. Mommy lies and lies, but eventually leads cops to the body. (This movie could have been only 15 minutes long if they'd edited out the "f" word. I've never heard it used so many times in any other movie.)

This movie wouldn't make Casey afraid of calling the cops in (and I don't believe for one nanosecond she was afraid of calling the cops because CAYLEE might be harmed) but it COULD give her some ideas about how to handle an accidental death.

Not to argue, but I saw that movie and that is not what I remember happening. Are you sure you are thinking of Gone Baby Gone?

WARNING I'm going to ruin the movie as well..
The mother does leave the little girl so she can hang out with her boyfriend or whatever, but the mother doesn't accidently overdose her, since the little girl isn't even dead, they find her alive and well with the police captian who along with the girls uncle faked her death and were going to have the little girl live with the police captian. At the end the girl is returned to her mother unfortunately.

Sparky
08-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Brenda was having an affair with Billy, a man from the projects. She would feed Cody cough syrup, telling him it was night vitamins, to get him to sleep, so she could spend time with the man without interruption. One night, the night Billy would end this relationship, Cody wouldn’t go down and they had a fight. Brenda walked out to see the man, despite her son's warnings that she would be sorry. When she returned, she found Cody dead under the table. He’d overdosed on the cough syrup. When Brenda realized what happened, she lost it, not knowing what to do. She drove out to the woods and dug his grave with her bare hands. Then she called her ex-lover and asked him to help. He carried Cody out there, buried him and put the rocks over the grave - both as a tribute and to keep animals away. Lorenzo signs an arrest warrant, and both Brenda and Billy are taken away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedomland_(film)

Tigerlily
08-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Right, Gone Baby Gone did not have to do w/the mom overdosing the child that I recall. The mom was a druggie and she and her BF stole $ from a druglord and they took the daughter as ransom till they got the girl back. It involves a bunch of detectives looking for her and in the end turns out the kidnapping was a hoax and some of LE was involved in the hoax to keep the $$. More to it than that but that was the basic premise. The little girl does not die, she is reunite w/mom at end. I posted on another thread that I wondered if Casey was maybe using this film to come up with some of her story.

krimekat
08-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Another movie where a traumatic experience drove "Betty" into a fake reality

wallflower67
08-18-2008, 12:33 PM

I only have one thing to say...OMG.:mad:

NighTillDawn
08-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Exactly Wow! :furious:

Poki
08-18-2008, 02:34 PM
I have thought about this also, even mentioned it on another thread. There are some other things to add to this discussion such as her "new friends" went to Full Sail which is a film/multimedia school. Her current boyfriend was a senior at that school, if the roommate was truthful. Also, the apartment she took the police to was exactly the one that ZG actually looked at (apt. #210), not just any old apartment in the complex. Furthermore, the apartment has been vacant for a very long time. Where I am from that long of a vacancy is odd, may not for that part of Fla., but anyway I was thinking that maybe the apartment was actually used for shooting scenes, managers could be getting a little something for keeping it vacant. Just a thought, also jmo.

Poki
08-18-2008, 02:43 PM
A post to add... What all that has to do with Caylee, I haven't a clue. Maybe something happened, accidentally or otherwise, while shooting at the apartment? Hence, her accuracy concerning 'ZG' and the apartment? A little truth peppering the lies, to help keep them straight or to later say that she gave correct information, maybe only partial but correct nonetheless, so she can try to cover herself.

JBean
09-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Someone commented that parts of Casey's poem come from a movie line in Spiderman. I wonder if she just watched TV and movies while she was supposed to be at work? I am wondering what other movie correlations there are.

chizap
09-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Someone commented that parts of Casey's poem come from a movie line in Spiderman. I wonder if she just watched TV and movies while she was supposed to be at work? I am wondering what other movie correlations there are.
Be interesting to see what was watched online (computer records) during that time - or what was on locally thru cable

JBean
09-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Be interesting to see what was watched online (computer records) during that time - or what was on locally thru cable
I am kind of thinking she just watched movies online while she was supposed to be working. I wouldn't be surprised if a thorough search of her information tied into the movies. jmho of course.

soyesterday
09-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Hey,

Just another thought...

Please forgive me...i haven't read all the responses to this post yet, but i was just thinking maybe that's why she seemed to be just leaving clues at first.
None of them made any sense, but yeah...maybe they were clue from a movie/movies.
?
I dunno...just thinking...

77NancyDrew
09-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Gone Baby Gone (2007)

If this story had an ending like this one it would be great. But it won't
it would be simalar if casey gave Caylee to someone.
Sadly this is not the case woith precious little Caylee

ibyoungr
09-02-2008, 12:00 AM

When this case first hit the news I thought about Gone Baby Gone... but could not remember the name of it. This was a really good movie.... did not end how I thought it would.

Her is a link to the movie trailer: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809700023/video/3269848/20070706/150/3269848-700-flash-s.39154532-,3269848-100-wmv-s.39154516-,3269848-1000-flash-s.39154533-,3269848-100-flash-s.39154525-,3269848-300-wmv-s.39154517-,3269848-700-wmv-s.39154518-,3269848-300-flash-s.39154528-,3269848-1000-wmv-s.39154521-,3269849-6800-qtv-s.39154539-,3269849-10300-qtv-s.39154543-,3269849-2700-qtv-s.39154535-

CarrieSis
09-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Adding the movie Man on Fire

bad ending. SPOILER ALERT

girl is found deceased in a car trunk after being "kidnapped"

pregodego2
09-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Brenda was having an affair with Billy, a man from the projects. She would feed Cody cough syrup, telling him it was night vitamins, to get him to sleep, so she could spend time with the man without interruption. One night, the night Billy would end this relationship, Cody wouldn’t go down and they had a fight. Brenda walked out to see the man, despite her son's warnings that she would be sorry. When she returned, she found Cody dead under the table. He’d overdosed on the cough syrup. When Brenda realized what happened, she lost it, not knowing what to do. She drove out to the woods and dug his grave with her bare hands. Then she called her ex-lover and asked him to help. He carried Cody out there, buried him and put the rocks over the grave - both as a tribute and to keep animals away. Lorenzo signs an arrest warrant, and both Brenda and Billy are taken away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedomland_(film)

whoa. that was really crazy reading that.

Deputy Andy
09-02-2008, 08:17 AM
I am truly surprised no one has brought this up yet - at least today. In the document, the image of Casey's myspace page says she is watching American Psycho.

I've always thought, wow, that's so appropriate for her. The film is about people who only care about money and power, besides of course, that the subject of the film is a serial killer.

Could someone let me know if Cindy is really on The Today Show this morning? If so, would there be a link to see it?

Thanks,
DA

Faenorwyn
09-02-2008, 11:12 AM
I have thought about this also, even mentioned it on another thread. There are some other things to add to this discussion such as her "new friends" went to Full Sail which is a film/multimedia school. Her current boyfriend was a senior at that school, if the roommate was truthful. Also, the apartment she took the police to was exactly the one that ZG actually looked at (apt. #210), not just any old apartment in the complex. Furthermore, the apartment has been vacant for a very long time. Where I am from that long of a vacancy is odd, may not for that part of Fla., but anyway I was thinking that maybe the apartment was actually used for shooting scenes, managers could be getting a little something for keeping it vacant. Just a thought, also jmo.

Can someone clarify this for me? I'm thinking maybe I saw it in the 400 page docs, but I thought that the apartment ZG looked at was actually the "model apartment" which is directly above apartment 210? This could potentially be an important piece of the puzzle - anyone have any solid information on this?

JustInCase
09-02-2008, 11:59 AM
In comparing this situation with where CA came up with her theory, Freedomland is good comparative match.

There is also a movie based on actual events that Lifetime (LMN) has shown several times called "Baby Snatcher" ... NM I can't really picture CA watching LMN, and this movie is based more on the tunnel vision LE can have.

d1no
09-02-2008, 12:33 PM

What about also doing away with her parents? She made claims that the family home was to be turned over to her. . .maybe she had more grandiose plans that we have not even thought of??????

HazelEyes
09-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Not to argue, but I saw that movie and that is not what I remember happening. Are you sure you are thinking of Gone Baby Gone?

WARNING I'm going to ruin the movie as well..
The mother does leave the little girl so she can hang out with her boyfriend or whatever, but the mother doesn't accidently overdose her, since the little girl isn't even dead, they find her alive and well with the police captian who along with the girls uncle faked her death and were going to have the little girl live with the police captian. At the end the girl is returned to her mother unfortunately.

Yes this is what happened. I also recall that the mother initially thought the child had actually been kidnapped by her drug dealer because she had ripped him off. Turns out thats not what happened at all.

PrayersForMaura
09-07-2008, 05:22 AM
I just saw this movie today. Things about it reminded me of Casey.
I so wish Caylee will be found alive but I know that will not happen.

I wonder if Casey watched a movie or some movies and came up with her plan to be "rid" of her daughter?

monoxide
09-07-2008, 05:36 AM
I just saw this movie today. Things about it reminded me of Casey.
I so wish Caylee will be found alive but I know that will not happen.

I wonder if Casey watched a movie or some movies and came up with her plan to be "rid" of her daughter?

I've never seen the movie.......maybe I should find something that tells the plot and such of the movie?

Yeah I got a bad feeling the body will never be found

mom_of_five
09-07-2008, 08:40 AM
I've never seen the movie.......maybe I should find something that tells the plot and such of the movie?

Yeah I got a bad feeling the body will never be found

I know you've not seen the movie, but I wanted to let you know that the missing little girl in the movie ends up being alive...

Amy1976
09-07-2008, 08:45 AM
There is a website that gives detailed descriptions on movies.. The movie spoiler is the name of the site. You can search the title once you get there.

bdmama
09-07-2008, 08:45 AM
ohhhh, you shouldnt have!! Just ruined the whole suspense of that movie!!

guideposts
09-07-2008, 08:53 AM
On 7-7-08 6:50 p.m. Casey allegedly posts a message* on her MySpace blog. The message, titled "Diary of Days," read:
"On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken
Trust no one, only yourself.
With great power, comes great consequence.
What is given can be taken away.
Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies. Life will never be easy
On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken.
Hold your head high.
Smile. Laugh. Love unconditionally.
Tomorrow is a brand new day.

Currently watching: American Psycho
Release date: 2003-05-20"*The message has been deleted.

She was watching the movie "American Psycho" according to her web page. Not sure what other movies she watched before or after this date.

mom_of_five
09-07-2008, 09:00 AM
ohhhh, you shouldnt have!! Just ruined the whole suspense of that movie!!

Oops...just wanted to clarify for an earlier poster that there was no body to find in that movie...sorry!

GameTheory
09-07-2008, 09:14 AM
On 7-7-08 6:50 p.m. Casey allegedly posts a message* on her MySpace blog. The message, titled "Diary of Days," read:

"On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken

Trust no one, only yourself.
I do not believe she had an accomplice! All her criminal activity - that we know of - was conducted solely by her.

With great power, comes great consequence.
Whois power and what consequences? Power of hers over the baby? Power/control of her mother over the baby?

What is given can be taken away.
What is given to Cindy - a grandchild - will be takne away?

Everyone Lies.
Hold your head high.
Like she wanted to hold her head high exiting the jail?

Smile. Laugh. Love unconditionally.
Tomorrow is a brand new day.
She surely lived everyday as a brand new day!

Currently watching: American Psycho
Release date: 2003-05-20"*The message has been deleted.

She was watching the movie "American Psycho" according to her web page. Not sure what other movies she watched before or after this date.

Allow me to play a little bit with my red pen with your post. :blowkiss:

mysteriew
09-07-2008, 09:27 AM
I don't know about watching movies. But I did wonder if she followed the Melinda Duckett case.

texasgirl
09-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Gone Baby Gone is one of my favorite movies!!

But in my opinion, this case has more parallels to Freedomland. If you haven't seen this movie (I won't tell you how it ends either), it is a must see!

I wonder what movies she was watching and I also wonder like mysteriew if she followed the Melinda Duckett case and knew that Trenton has never been found.

Fandy
09-07-2008, 09:37 AM
I got this movie in Feb....haven't watched it yet, because i'm always checkign this website...hopefully today.

newsjunkie
09-07-2008, 10:25 AM
I had the same thought about Freedomland.

Crafter
09-16-2008, 01:13 AM
LP on Nancy Grace last night mentioned Juliette Lewis (a girl CA referenced as someone she worked with at Universal) starred in Natural Born Killers. First, do you think Juliette Lewis the movie star is the person CA was referring to (why would LP say that?) and second of all, I haven't seen that movie, but on a movie review on the internet it says the movie is: ...about serial killers and their coverage by the media I just thought it's kinda weird about those two things.

petresq_algc
09-16-2008, 01:21 AM
I think she probably picked up the name from the movie. That was actually a really good movie, but odd. It showed a couple who killed together & loved the media attention. They became celebs in a way...groupies, autographs, etc. I can see how someone who isn't all there might become obsessed with the movie. Scary.

HRCODEPINK
09-16-2008, 01:23 AM
LP on Nancy Grace last night mentioned Juliette Lewis (a girl CA referenced as someone she worked with at Universal) starred in Natural Born Killers. First, do you think Juliette Lewis the movie star is the person CA was referring to (why would LP say that?) and second of all, I haven't seen that movie, but on a movie review on the internet it says the movie is: ...about serial killers and their coverage by the media I just thought it's kinda weird about those two things.

Been a while since I saw it, but I think we own it. Young girl Mallory falls for Mickey. He comes to take her away from her abusive family. Not a great guy himself. I think he killed her family and they took off. She started killing people with them and they went on this giant killing spree. Did a bunch of drugs, got arrested and then there was a bunch of stuff that happened after that. BF says they were going to execute them and they escaped or something. Will go watch it again. I think they killed some more people after that and escaped and lived happily ever after. Weird, when she was writing the poem she was watching American Psycho

TURBOTHINK
09-16-2008, 01:28 AM

I have a Flix account and can watch movies on my computer with it. I will see if it is there.

txsvicki
09-16-2008, 01:32 AM
I'm really not this old to have been an adult when this movie came out, but I have always liked old movies. I thought Casey was trying to look like the expression Susan Hayward had on her face in the movie "I Want to Live". It's about a woman being sent to the electric chair.

The only thing missing to connect Casey's script for her movie is just why Zenaida wanted Caylee, was Zenaida involved in something other than just wanting Caylee, why she had a script for 30 days, and what she was supposed to do afterwards. I think there was probably to be some ransom demand that only Casey could deliver.

wedavis
09-16-2008, 01:39 AM
Been a while since I saw it, but I think we own it. Young girl Mallory falls for Mickey. He comes to take her away from her abusive family. Not a great guy himself. I think he killed her family and they took off. She started killing people with them and they went on this giant killing spree. Did a bunch of drugs, got arrested and then there was a bunch of stuff that happened after that. BF says they were going to execute them and they escaped or something. Will go watch it again. I think they killed some more people after that and escaped and lived happily ever after. Weird, when she was writing the poem she was watching American Psycho

In American Psycho when Bale's character is being interviewed by police about a missing man, Bale tells police he has to get going because he has to go meet "Cliff Huxtable" for lunch.

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/a/amercan-psycho-script-transript-bale.html

HappyChic727
09-16-2008, 05:33 AM
I don't know about watching movies. But I did wonder if she followed the Melinda Duckett case.She did. There is a picture of her on Brian's Dreams website at an event for Trenton Duckett (at least it really looks like her) and she is said to have had Trenton Duckett's MySpace as her friend.

Remember, she lies, she uses little bits and pieces of this and that to form her lies . . . maybe that makes her believe them more. I really think she is sick . . . really sick.

Jin4one
09-16-2008, 08:37 AM

I thought of that same movie.

decker1
09-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Well according to KC's yearbook page her favorite show was CSI so heres a CREEPY similar episode.

Quick review quoted from epsiode

Returning to Miami, Horatio joins his team to search for Calleigh, who has been abducted. The CSIs scour her Hummer, which is riddled with bullet holes. When Ryan and Natalia find traces of chloroform on the car, they wonder if there is a connection between Calleigh's kidnapping and Kathleen Newberry's abduction and murder.

http://www.csifiles.com/reviews/csi/all_in.shtml

the names are very similar...creepy

also long time lurker...1st time poster

(edited to add that) the shows Original Airdate: April 01, 2008

FLbeachdawg
09-16-2008, 09:22 AM

:eek: uh...and we are basically watching this before our eyes

halleyscomet
09-16-2008, 09:33 AM
When we were doing the searches I mentioned to Det Yuri that there's a show, One Tree Hill where last season, the nanny of one of the main characters kidnapped their child. I prefaced it by saying, this might be a crazy idea....

He stated that other people have mentioned this as well and it could be possible that she could have gotten the idea from this.

The show is on Monday nights and appeals to young teenage audiences. The grandfather of the child rescued the child. The nanny then kidnapped the grandfather and in this season, she is holding him hostage.

jeannebreault
09-16-2008, 09:33 AM
My favorite is the REAL actress Zenaida Gonzalez, who has starred as DETECTIVE FLORES in LA Forensics!

I remember reading somewhere that Casey has introduced herself as Zenaida Gonzalez, and we all know she was conducting her OWN investigation searching for Caylee!!! Connection?!
My best Nancy Grace, "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! You mean there is a real actress named Zenaida Gonzalez? Who played a detective in LA Forensics?! And Casey introduced her previously as Zenaida Gonzalez?!"

OMG! Great find!!!!

jeannebreault
09-16-2008, 09:36 AM
:eek: uh...and we are basically watching this before our eyes
And is better than anything the very best Hollywood script writer could come up with! Life imitates art? No, IMO it is definitely the other way around! You can't make this stuff up!!!

jeannebreault
09-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Well according to KC's yearbook page her favorite show was CSI so heres a CREEPY similar episode.

Quick review quoted from epsiode

Returning to Miami, Horatio joins his team to search for Calleigh, who has been abducted. The CSIs scour her Hummer, which is riddled with bullet holes. When Ryan and Natalia find traces of chloroform on the car, they wonder if there is a connection between Calleigh's kidnapping and Kathleen Newberry's abduction and murder.

the names are very similar...creepy

also long time lurker...1st time poster

(edited to add that) the shows Original Airdate: April 01, 2008
Glad you posted! Good find! Stop lurking and come have fun with the rest of us!

jeannebreault
09-16-2008, 09:42 AM
I think she probably picked up the name from the movie. That was actually a really good movie, but odd. It showed a couple who killed together & loved the media attention. They became celebs in a way...groupies, autographs, etc. I can see how someone who isn't all there might become obsessed with the movie. Scary.
OK, so maybe life does imitate art after all!

I may have dreamed this, tho God knows how since I haven't had much sleep since I started sleuthing this case, but didn't Casey's myspace page say she was watching American Psycho? Or maybe it was listed as favorite movie or last movie watched?

Prayin_4_Grace
09-16-2008, 09:44 AM
My best Nancy Grace, "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! You mean there is a real actress named Zenaida Gonzalez? Who played a detective in LA Forensics?! And Casey introduced her previously as Zenaida Gonzalez?!"

OMG! Great find!!!!

lmao.....you forgot to say BOMBSHELL!! :crazy:

jeannebreault
09-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Allow me to play a little bit with my red pen with your post. :blowkiss:
Whoops! I posted about her watching American Psycho just before I read your post!

One thing that strikes me is:
Everyone Lies.

There's a player named BL. On his myspace page his avatar is a photo of (I assume) him and Caylee, who looks to be about a year old. The quote next to the avatar is:

"Ésos eran los mejores días de mi vida"
"Those were the best days of my life"

Today his mood is "drained" and today's status says: BL on the roller coaster of life

It's a very sweet picture and his page has made me feel sad every time I've seen it?

Anyone have any idea who he is and where he fits in?

sttct
09-16-2008, 10:01 AM
When I read the docs and she said something about seeing it in movies...I thought immediately of the movie "Ransom" with Mel Gibson. It's not about a serial killer, but a Dad who takes finding the kidnapper into his own hands. Much like the grandiose story we've heard before.....while searching the clubs.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117438/synopsis

Spoiler:

The kidnapper is a cop, etc.

Everly
09-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Not a movie, but a soap. I don't watch them but I came across plot lines when reading about chloroform. The show was All My Children, which I think is popular with a younger crowd?

Anyway, I found that in October, 2007, it had a plot line about a character stealing chloroform and planning to use it on a rival. In the end though she doused herself with it and claimed that the rival used it on her and kidnapped her baby.

I found this plot line continued on into at least January 2008, with the details being recounted in a trial.

Maybe Casey was an AMC watcher and this plotline caught her particular attention or it is something she thought about when she needed to. Liars draw on everything when weaving their tales and plots.

EntreNous
09-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Well, this just adds a whole new layer of creepy to KC's thinking.

You know, I'd often thought of the movie Gone Baby Gone in reference to this case. Another thing and you guys might think this one is crazy but when she told that she was to follow a 31 day script, my mind immediately jumped to The Blair Witch Project. The actors were placed out in the woods and each day were given a script to follow, left in a milk crate with food & other supplies for the days work. The actors had no direct contact with the director or any other crew during filming. It was just them and their own cameras that did the filming, so dialogue was basically up to them so long as they followed the premise in their daily scripts.

EntreNous
09-16-2008, 11:13 AM
I just wanted to add, this is sick genius on KC's part. If this is what she's doing, she's playing out scenes & scenarios from different movies/tv shows. It's a heck of a way to detach oneself from reality. And she's going for the Oscar! This makes so much sense now in understanding her and her thinking. The trick is to figure out which movie/scene she's playing out at any given moment.

newsjunkie
09-16-2008, 01:37 PM
A movie that has come to my mind, not so much for outlining what has happened, but for use in her defense is: Fight Club. I know. . a little out there, but hear me out.

The lead character has this amazing friend who he (and we) don't realize until the end of the movie is imaginary and is really his dual personality.

It is not CASEY who harmed the baby. . .it is ZENAIDA. ZENAIDA is the club hopper. . so CASEY had to go "look for her" in the clubs. ZENAIDA wrote the bad checks, not CASEY. But alas, Zenaida doesn't exist except in Casey's altered reality.

Just for clarification, I don't buy this line of BS. . just saying could be her thought for insanity plea.

RobinsNest
09-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Another thought:
Juliette Lewis-actress in Natural Born Killers
KC acting out a morbid fantasy?

future criminologist
09-16-2008, 04:09 PM

NO WAY!
wow, good find there!

I'm always IMDB'ing people, but I never would have thought to look there for possible "players" in the case.

future criminologist
09-16-2008, 04:10 PM
also, have not had time to go thru entire thread and read responses so forgive me if someone else said this, but besides Gone Baby Gone (which DEFinitely fits), what about
"Ransom" with Mel Gibson?

rich guy's son is kidnapped for ransom, he goes public about it, turns out the kidnapper is a cop who stages a "rescue" to get the ransom money.

future criminologist
09-16-2008, 04:12 PM
When I read the docs and she said something about seeing it in movies...I thought immediately of the movie "Ransom" with Mel Gibson. It's not about a serial killer, but a Dad who takes finding the kidnapper into his own hands. Much like the grandiose story we've heard before.....while searching the clubs.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117438/synopsis

Spoiler:

The kidnapper is a cop, etc.

whoops SORRY! great minds think alike I guess :-)

future criminologist
09-16-2008, 04:14 PM
In American Psycho when Bale's character is being interviewed by police about a missing man, Bale tells police he has to get going because he has to go meet "Cliff Huxtable" for lunch.

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/a/amercan-psycho-script-transript-bale.html

thought it was Paul Allen he had to meet for lunch. he was always name-dropping Paul Allen. then he told Reese Witherspoon he had to go "return some videotapes" after he dumped her - love that line.

future criminologist
09-16-2008, 04:17 PM
I am truly surprised no one has brought this up yet - at least today. In the document, the image of Casey's myspace page says she is watching American Psycho.

I've always thought, wow, that's so appropriate for her. The film is about people who only care about money and power, besides of course, that the subject of the film is a serial killer.

first thing I thought of was, this movie is like Sociopath 101, she's taking lessons!

future criminologist
09-16-2008, 04:18 PM
what about Kiss the Girls? wasn't about kids getting kidnapped, but (spoiler alert!) the serial killer turned out to be a cop.

future criminologist
09-16-2008, 04:20 PM
also, has anyone seen Alpha Dog? it's a true story about a kidnapping gone badly.

Crafter
09-16-2008, 04:24 PM
I didn't know Zeniada Gonzalez was a celebrity, too. So that's two people CA has listed as movie stars..first Juliette Lewis and now Zeniada Gonzalez. Maybe she really is playing out some movie scheme and since she keeps referring to a script and now all this media attention, so you think she a star now too? Was this her way of getting herself on tv? And now probably book and movies will be made about her? And her name will be remembered forever?

beetrue
09-16-2008, 04:54 PM
first thing I thought of was, this movie is like Sociopath 101, she's taking lessons!

let us not forget that in the end, the killer does not know if it was all real or a dream.... ehhh? AP2 = gasoline cans.

Maybe she watched Fearnet all day.

LoriKeet
09-16-2008, 05:58 PM
also, have not had time to go thru entire thread and read responses so forgive me if someone else said this, but besides Gone Baby Gone (which DEFinitely fits), what about
"Ransom" with Mel Gibson?

rich guy's son is kidnapped for ransom, he goes public about it, turns out the kidnapper is a cop who stages a "rescue" to get the ransom money.

On another site I belong to the owner of the group wrote up this scenario....she admits its a long shot, but given everything we NOW know about this case...it's not THAT far fetched! LOL

This poster listed all of the movies Juliette has starred in, along with a brief synopsis of each movie. Then highlighted a key part of each movie, and spun them all together to create this little gem... (kinda creepy if you ask me!)

http://www.cafemom.com/group/53387/boards/read/4724197/Juliette_Lewis_Movies_a_clue_of_confession

"....A depressed unstable 20 something who can't hold a job leading a double life unexpectedly gets pregnant, and gets in over her head. Secrets begin to snow ball.. Big drug deals, and looking for love in all the wrong places. But her single motherhood is cramping her style. Unwilling to let go of her previous life style and looking for freedom she kills her child (accident). She contacts ex to get back, to re-establish a broken relationship after she frees herself of prior obligations

When she gets caught there are lots of random clues,, secrets and lies. Nothing she says is true. Without sympathy she gets more than she bargains for."

Wise Old Owl
09-16-2008, 06:53 PM
So, let's start a list - to add to it just quote and add yours

Movies:

American Psycho - mentioned by KC on her myspace page early on, listed a movies currently watching.

Gone Baby Gone - similarity in plot - except child is actually found ALIVE and was taken by LE (PD Captain) because he had lost a child and druggie, party girl mom wasn't doing her job (give kid a better life sorta thing)

Spiderman - in KC's poem on her myspace it stated: with great power comes great consequence - this is a line by Spiderman in the movie but its quoted as with great power comes great responsibility (hhhmmm wonder if KC took some literary license by changing responsibility to consequence? - interesting)

Natural Born Killers - movie starring Juliette Lewis (who now has also been mentioned by LP as to where she (KC) possibly got this name. Movie is disturbing about young serial killers.

Freedomland - I haven't seen this but gathered the plot is somewhat similar (anyone want to edit this feel free)

TV Shows / series

CSI - KC herself admitted to one of favorite TV shows was CSI - there have been several episodes mentioned:
1. the one with the little girl found dead in a box. (feel free to add here)
2. CSI featured an episode using chloroform
LA Forensics - a series with a Zaneida Gonzalez as a detective.

I have researched the line everyone lies everyone dies some people have said that is also from Spiderman or The Dark Knight (possibly a line by Heath Ledger as the Joker) but I have yet to have a search engine hit on it. However, in my romp through Spiderman - I went through almost all the song lyrics for the soundtrack of Spiderman 2 - WOW!!! I wonder if she (KC) had that soundtrack. The lyrics for every song just scream "KC" - had the hair on my neck bristling.

Ok - that a start. If you want to add please cut out these last few lines.

wedavis
09-17-2008, 12:23 AM
thought it was Paul Allen he had to meet for lunch. he was always name-dropping Paul Allen. then he told Reese Witherspoon he had to go "return some videotapes" after he dumped her - love that line.

I included a link to the script so people could read it themselves. It is Cliff Huxtable.

wedavis
09-17-2008, 12:33 AM

I would really like a link to where you read about Casey saying she was ZG. I'm sure if it was posted/published somewhere credible there would be an entire thread about it here on WS.

strach304
09-17-2008, 12:58 AM
I was weeding through websites concerning ZG. How would Casey learn of the knowledge of a ZG at the Sawgrass Apts the same time a ZG was there checking out an apartment? They found that ZG and she admitted being at the apts and filling out a guest card. How did Casey know, that would be some coincidence. Did Casey somehow get hold of the guestcard?

I think she stayed at the office or model apt. There are a few ways that she could've gained access without any sign of a break in. This is one of the places I have thought of that she may have left Caylee at while she partied and picked her up early in the am before anyone showed up. If that paper had apt. 210 listed on it then she would've known it was empty.

LoriKeet
09-17-2008, 07:20 AM
I would really like a link to where you read about Casey saying she was ZG. I'm sure if it was posted/published somewhere credible there would be an entire thread about it here on WS.

When I first posted this comment, it was in the early stages of this case, and at that point I had been pouring all over various message boards, and not really bookmarking them (who thought this story would drag on this long?!).

I finally found where I had read this, it's certainly not a credible source, but at least I know I wasn't making things up! I posted a question to the person who originally wrote the post (3rd comment down..."Shannon") this morning....hopefully, if that person is still following the case on that message board, they'll write back...otherwise, it's probably another dead end!

Sorry for the erroneous claim!

http://www.techbanyan.com/606/zenaida-fernandez-gonzalez-prime-suspect/#comment-27314

melissa311
09-17-2008, 08:55 AM
KC filled in the "what are you watching" section of myspace with American Psycho when she was writing her poem about how everyone lies and everyone dies.

I thought that was kind of odd. Your kid is missing and you're watching American Psycho....

future criminologist
09-17-2008, 09:25 AM
I thought that was kind of odd. Your kid is missing and you're watching American Psycho....

I really think it's because she relates to the Patrick Bateman character.

strach304
09-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Jeff Hopkins is an actor also.

Lil Miss Sleuth
09-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Posted this on the thread about the new videos of Caylee.
The video on MySpace of Caylee with Great Grandpa the day before she went missing is tagged "the child". All others are tagged with personalined info. Since some believe that there are movie connections here I thought I would search for "The Child" as a long shot. What I found is creepy if nothing else - may mean nothing, may mean something. Who knows anymore with this case. -----

The Child (L'Infant)

The script is about 2 young youths that aren't yet mature already carrying the burden of taking care of their own baby. Unemployed, without any good prospect of a real future, school droppers and not having reached maturity, they went on living just for the moment. The father is just a young, dull and irresponsible teenager that lives thru schemes and small petty crimes. The mother, looking as a 12 years old girl, thrives to support the child and don't discourage the way of living of her "husband", seen by her as fair and needed to aid their life.

The film focuses also on the illegal and dark commerce of adoption and selling of children, which is by the way what the boy will do to gain a load of money...

The movie then runs to decadence, regret, awareness of childish mistakes and bad options that, without surprise, would lead to an expected nightmare... jail.

Samijeansg
09-19-2008, 03:46 PM
The video on MySpace of Caylee with Great Grandpa the day before she went missing is tagged "the child". All others are tagged with personalined info. Since some believe that there are movie connections here I thought I would search for "The Child" as a long shot. What I found is creepy if nothing else - may mean nothing, may mean something. Who knows anymore with this case. -----

The Child (L'Infant)

The script is about 2 young youths that aren't yet mature already carrying the burden of taking care of their own baby. Unemployed, without any good prospect of a real future, school droppers and not having reached maturity, they went on living just for the moment. The father is just a young, dull and irresponsible teenager that lives thru schemes and small petty crimes. The mother, looking as a 12 years old girl, thrives to support the child and don't discourage the way of living of her "husband", seen by her as fair and needed to aid their life.

The film focuses also on the illegal and dark commerce of adoption and selling of children, which is by the way what the boy will do to gain a load of money...

The movie then runs to decadence, regret, awareness of childish mistakes and bad options that, without surprise, would lead to an expected nightmare... jail.

How strange, coincidence? Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Law_girl41
09-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Respectfully- there are other threads that this thread can fit into....there is one dedicated to movies. Would like to see this merged with the ones the posters are already veiwing.

gmt
09-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Sorry not a movie but a book Too Little Too late by Victoria Christopher. After reading the doc's in Amy's stmt she was telling LE something about Casey's myspace (I think) she was cut off by LE with another question but I looked up too lttle too late. It is about a Sociopath who has a baby, she lies and manipulates. Wants this man who she hopes will accept her child.... read the reviews and thought this could be Casey.

lucy54
09-19-2008, 05:40 PM
The thing about this is if she wanted to make up a good lie, she could've easily done so. She could've said that Zani threatened to kill Caylee if she reported it. Instead she said Zani was really nice and when she supposedly talked to Caylee, she was happy. At that point she could've lied and said Zenaida threatened her...and that's why she kept silent. She could've made up a fake "script" to show police or made her lies a little more believable. If she was going to base it on a movie or use a movie as her guide, she wouldn't of told the detectives her lame story. That's why I think this girl is really dumb or severely mentally ill. When I hear Cindy speak, I see it too.

Boston
09-19-2008, 05:43 PM
The Exorcist

"Do you know what she did", your %#$ daughter "?

AZRiverRat
09-19-2008, 05:56 PM

The Child (L'Infant)

~shivers~

*respectfully snipped*

Unemployed, without any good prospect of a real future, school droppers and not having reached maturity, they went on living just for the moment.
Cindy's myspace blog......"No job, no money, no future....:eek:

The father being immature, irresponsible, and a petty thief could be how Cindy feels about the father of Caylee. Blame the boy.

Could be setting up a baby selling scheme by Caylee's real father?

I dont know, its all just so bizarre!

Where's Andre
11-01-2008, 11:11 PM
You may have heard of the Clint Eastwood movie 'Changeling' starring Angelina Jolie. I haven't seen the movie, but I'd heard of the case that it was based on-- I think from a story on public radio. In a roundabout way, the Anthonys could use a ploy based on the movie to try and free Casey.

In the case, a single mother's child is abducted and the police desperate to solve produce an runaway imposter who they say is her abducted child. When she tries to give the child back, they say she's shirking her duty as a mother and throw her in an asylum.

Well turning this story a complete 360... the Anthonys could search for a Caylee look-a-like, then "liberate" her and try to pawn her off as Caylee, and free KC.

Nowadays I doubt this ploy would work, because I'm sure they would test for a DNA confirmation of identity. But since some of the A's have refused DNA sampling in the past, is it possible that as this child's "guardians"-- could they refuse a sample on behalf of the child? Or would the state appoint a guardian ad litem for the child, and compel the child to give a sample?

Not that I think this is a particularly plausible scenario this late in the game, but if they could have hatched this sooner, do you think they might have gotten away with it?

In any case, in the unlikely event that the Anthonys produce Caylee later on-- I know I'd like to see some pretty darn definitive DNA testing done.

DotsEyes
11-02-2008, 03:04 AM
The very last word spoken in 'Gone Baby Gone' is . . . Annabelle.

whittymom4
11-02-2008, 04:42 AM
Gone Baby Gone (2007)

This is a really good movie. The child is taken by the mother's brother to protect the child from the mother's drug/alcohol and man abuse. Hmm, just like KC this woman, the mother, had more important things to worry about than her daughter. While she was out drinking and having fun with men, she would leave her daughter all alone. I think the daughter was 3 or 4.

kittycats2
11-02-2008, 06:27 AM
Casey Rented Movie About Murder On Day Caylee May Have Died

The new photos show Casey without Caylee, arm in arm with her boyfriend, after they chose two movies to rent. One rented was "Untraceable," about a kidnapper and killer. The other was "Jumper," about a mother who abandons her 5-year-old child, who then can teleport himself

http://www.wftv.com/goinggreen/17841326/detail.html

Pink Panther
11-02-2008, 06:55 AM
The very last word spoken in 'Gone Baby Gone' is . . . Annabelle.
In her lie to CA about the Tampa car accident, KC says that Raquel's daughter is also with them. Her name is Annabelle. When KC, Zenaida and Raquel are at the hospital, Juliette watches Caylee and Annabelle at the hotel.

HappyChic727
11-02-2008, 06:58 AM
In her lie to CA about the Tampa car accident, KC says that Raquel's daughter is also with them. Her name is Annabelle. When KC, Zenaida and Raquel are at the hospital, Juliette watches Caylee and Annabelle at the hotel.I just watched this movie last weekend because of this case. Not my kind of movie but I have to wonder why everyone thought that the little girl's doll's name was Mirabelle and then the little girl corrects them at the end . . . is that because the mother didn't even know her own daughter and that is the connection with this case or because of Caylee's doll being left behind? Help!

I was so happy when the little girl was found alive and it made me wish that this was the case for Caylee . . . that she will be found in some undercover cop thing and that evidence was planted in KC's car . . . it may sound like a movie, but isn't this whole case strange enough to leave the mind open to imagination?

Where's Andre
11-02-2008, 09:16 AM
This whole case reminds me of a Central Florida version of 'Fargo'

Tragic, sad, forlorn, unthinkable, horrific, quirky, yet (sad to admit it) in some ways darky funny. One of those stories where you just wish one person had made the right decisions, or asked the right questions before everything went so horribly horribly wrong.

With almost everyone in the wrong except LE, who has the sad task of piecing together the threads of a tapestry of tragedy.

But sadly, the "Based on a true story" tag at the beginning-- isn't a lie.

DotsEyes
11-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Annabelle was the new doll. Mirabelle had been thrown in the quarry.

princess
11-02-2008, 06:26 PM
In regards to KC using Juliette Lewis name. I posted in the parking lot why I think she used the name.IMO nothing to do with any movies with Juliette in them.
Juliette Lewis band - Juliette Lewis & the Licks guitar player- Emilio Cueto-has links to at least one student from Full Sail where Tony L. goes to school and he -Emilio Cueto- worked at Universal Studios in Orlando. Just an FYI

Pink Panther
11-02-2008, 06:30 PM
In regards to KC using Juliette Lewis name. I posted in the parking lot why I think she used the name.IMO nothing to do with any movies with Juliette in them.
Juliette Lewis band - Juliette Lewis & the Licks guitar player- Emilio Cueto-has links to at least one student from Full Sail where Tony L. goes to school and he -Emilio Cueto- worked at Universal Studios in Orlando. Just an FYI
:)

Now that's an interesting connection! Do you know what/who the connection is to Full Sail? Also, do you know when he worked at Universal? Universal is HUGE. Lots of people have worked there...Is there a reason that you think KC would have known any of this?

princess
11-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Now that's an interesting connection! Do you know what/who the connection is to Full Sail? Also, do you know when he worked at Universal? Universal is HUGE. Lots of people have worked there...Is there a reason that you think KC would have known any of this?

Yes- I put it in the parking lot, No, but his BIO says it, and because she worked there, and she knows people that attend Full Sail.

MIL
11-28-2008, 09:02 AM
I've noticed on different threads people posting episodes of some shows which had similar babysitter plots.
Lets post them all there and see if there's anything similar.

In lost theres a Juliette.

MIL
11-28-2008, 09:04 AM
also, does anyone know when in May she met Tony?

babycat
11-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Well, here is a recap of the Lost episode that mentions Chloroform

http://lost-media.com/lost-episode-guide/season-four-episodes/4x10-something-nice-back-home-a-jack-episode/

and here is what I assume is the script

http://lost.about.com/od/season4recaps/a/4x10recap.htm

Original Airdate: 5/1/08 (which, if I'm not mistaken, is after the 3/17 searches for chloroform...)

babycat
11-28-2008, 09:33 AM
On CSI the recap of the episode referencing chloroform is here

http://www.csifiles.com/reviews/csi/for_gedda.shtml

with an air date of May 17, 2008

also after the search date...

I have wondered if she didn't see her friend's "Woo her with Cholorform" picture on his facebook and look up Chloroform then...then got the idea. Who knows.

MIL
11-28-2008, 09:36 AM
On CSI the recap of the episode referencing chloroform is here

http://www.csifiles.com/reviews/csi/for_gedda.shtml

with an air date of May 17, 2008

also after the search date...

I have wondered if she didn't see her friend's "Woo her with Cholorform" picture on his facebook and look up Chloroform then...then got the idea. Who knows.

i also wonder if they had any episodes on household item murder or self defense ...

housemaid25
11-28-2008, 09:37 AM
also, does anyone know when in May she met Tony?
According to Tony's interview it was May 24th.
http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0923/17540075.pdf
page 8 line 19-20

MIL
11-28-2008, 09:38 AM
According to Tony's interview it was May 24th.
http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0923/17540075.pdf
page 8 line 19-20

hmm, i was hoping for may 5 therefore that would sup up timer 55 password
ou well

babycat
11-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Here is a plot to a Bollywood movie that contains kidnapping, chloroform, swimming, and ransom

http://askville.amazon.com/SimilarQuestions.do?req=plot+synopsis+Bollywood+mo vie+Kidnap+Review

Though I can't see Casey being interested in a foreign film...unless one of her boyfriends was;)

babycat
11-28-2008, 09:43 AM
I don't know if she listened to this band, but
FROM AUTUMN TO ASHES - CHLOROFORM PERFUME
(http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=1&q=http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Chloroform-Perfume-lyrics-From-Autumn-To-Ashes/75AB3B255F6367A348256C160009BF44&ei=VwMwSYmRK52FtgfegbHGCg&usg=AFQjCNFSq9BoGTNSDGkxSBb-umsbJJ1ikg)

I personally think it holds no significance:)

MIL
11-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Series: 'CSI: Miami'
Episode Title: 'All In'
Episode Number: 616
Synopsis: "In part two of the two-part episode, as Horatio deals with his past, the team races against time to save Calleigh from kidnappers."
Original Airdate: April 01, 2008
Rerun: September 14, 2008
http://www.csifiles.com/episodes/miami/season6/all_in.shtml

MIL
11-28-2008, 09:47 AM
HOLY MOLY
Returning to Miami, Horatio joins his team to search for Calleigh, who has been abducted. The CSIs scour her Hummer, which is riddled with bullet holes. When Ryan and Natalia find traces of chloroform on the car, they wonder if there is a connection between Calleigh's kidnapping and Kathleen Newberry's abduction and murder. Horatio threatens Ron Saris, vowing to kil..

MIL
11-28-2008, 09:49 AM
HOLY MOLY
Returning to Miami, Horatio joins his team to search for Calleigh, who has been abducted. The CSIs scour her Hummer, which is riddled with bullet holes. When Ryan and Natalia find traces of chloroform on the car, they wonder if there is a connection between Calleigh's kidnapping and Kathleen Newberry's abduction and murder. Horatio threatens Ron Saris, vowing to kil..

QUOTING MYSELF AND ADDING..
She plants clues along the way for the CSIs to follow, gives them evidence on her abductors and even convinces one of the guys to turn himself in

babycat
11-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Casey also lists 24 as one of her favorites...in 2006 they used Chloroform in that show

http://tviv.org/24/Cummings_Cell

Airdate January 16, 2006

babycat
11-28-2008, 09:52 AM
HOLY MOLY

Uh, WOW.
I think I'm speechless. Weird.

beckaroozie
11-28-2008, 09:55 AM
On the computer searches, I noticed she searched for the 100th episode of 'One Tree Hill'. Not sure what the content of that one is. I think that's Season 6, Episode 1, but I'm not positive. This was mixed in with her 'Chloraform' <sic> searches.

babycat
11-28-2008, 09:59 AM
She plants clues along the way for the CSIs to follow, gives them evidence on her abductors and even convinces one of the guys to turn himself in

I have to take a road trip, but I'm going to try to watch this on the way...don't worry, my boyfriend is driving;)

MIL
11-28-2008, 09:59 AM
here's the full review of that episode

See Also: 'All In' Episode Guide (http://www.csifiles.com/episodes/miami/season6/all_in.shtml)

Synopsis:
Picking up where "Ambush" (http://www.csifiles.com/episodes/miami/season6/ambush.shtml) left off, Horatio Caine ventures into the jungle in Rio de Janeiro and finds multiple Mala Noche henchmen waiting for him. One fires on him and Horatio draws his weapon and returns fire, killing all but one of them. He similarly dispatches two men on a motorcycle and two more in a car. He wounds the final man and then walks up to the man and fires the fatal shot. Returning to Miami, Horatio joins his team to search for Calleigh, who has been abducted. The CSIs scour her Hummer, which is riddled with bullet holes. When Ryan and Natalia find traces of chloroform on the car, they wonder if there is a connection between Calleigh's kidnapping and Kathleen Newberry's abduction and murder. Horatio threatens Ron Saris, vowing to kill him if he's abducted Calleigh. He confronts Julia as well, and she tells him she turned him into the Brazilian officials to protect him from Ron. Horatio is upset to learn Julia and Kyle are living with Ron, and fears for their lives. Calleigh awakens in a warehouse, bound and gagged, across from a dead body and two men, one of whom is wielding a gun. The two men, Seth and Tommy, have abducted her to help her cover up the murder of the man on the ground, Robert Milan, whom they shot after an underground game of poker. She convinces them to untie her and removes the bullet from Robert's body. While Tommy goes to get rid of the bullet, she tells Seth, clearly the more dangerous of the two, to smoke a cigar to mask the smell of decomposition. When Seth comes on to her, Calleigh fights him off, telling him she doesn't think he killed Robert.
Tommy returns with the supplies Calleigh asked him to get and she tests Robert's body, discovering he was poisoned with arsenic. She convinces the two men to take her to Robert's apartment to look at the primary crime scene and discover who really killed him. Feeling guilty, Dan Cooper brings the memory card from Calleigh's camera into the lab. Delko and Natalia scour it for clues, noticing a string hanging off the back of the car Kathleen was found in. Ryan goes to the tow yard and recovers the string from the two truck that pulled Kathleen's car from the water. Horatio matches it to Ron Saris's shoe, but the man remains arrogant. He denies kidnapping Calleigh, pointing out that he has no motive now that he has Julia back. When Horatio tells him he's going away for murder, Ron bangs his head into the table, vowing to claim Horatio knocked him around. Delko is able to recover a bullet from Calleigh's Hummer and he matches it to a gun owned by a man named Paul Evett. Evett tells the CSI he lost his gun in an underground poker game and he gives the CSI the address of the warehouse it was in. Horatio and Delko rush to the building, discovering Robert's body and noticing that the area has been washed clean of evidence. They find a message left by Calleigh in fingerprints on the wall, indicating she's been kidnapped by two men. Horatio angrily confronts the owner of the warehouse, Mitch Davis, but he denies any knowledge of the poker games or the murder. At Robert's apartment, Calleigh finds a flask and sets up a fuming chamber to recover prints from it. She asks both Seth and Tommy for elimination prints, but only Tommy volunteers a set. In the corner, Calleigh convinces Tommy to turn himself and the flask in so that the real murderer can be caught.
In the morgue, Alexx discovers a cigar butt inside the bullet hole. Realizing Calleigh planted it there, Horatio takes it to Natalia for DNA. She matches it to Seth McAdams, who is in the system for attempted rape. Tripp learns no one has seen Seth in days. Tommy shows up at the station with the flask and gives up the address where Calleigh and Seth are. There's no sign of Seth and Calleigh, but Delko notices a picture of Robert with Mitch, the warehouse owner. Mitch admits to knowing Robert and expresses irritation with him for using his warehouse for illegal games, but denies having anything to do with his death. The prints on the flask are a match to Paul Evett, who admits to poisoning Robert to throw off his poker game after Evett lost his kids' college fund to the arrogant man. Evett also admits that he didn't lose his gun--he shot the Hummer in a rage thinking it was Robert's. Back at Robert's place, Horatio finds a message from Calleigh in invisible ink: Club Descent, 6pm. Seth takes Calleigh to the club's basement to rob an underground poker game, but when they arrive, Delko, Ryan and Tripp are at the table, brandishing guns. Horatio comes up behind Seth and Calleigh throws off her abductor. Calleigh tells Delko she's okay but he reveals how scared he was at the prospect of losing her. The two drive off together in a Hummer.
Analysis:
A thrilling conclusion to an exciting pair of episodes, "All In" is not without its silliness, but it's mostly forgivable given the intensity of Calleigh's storyline. That said, I have to get this out of the way first: the teaser was one of the most absurd things I've ever seen Miami do, and for a show known for over-the-top action, that's saying a lot. But for Horatio to single-handedly take out ten Mala Noche gang members without breaking a sweat--or sustaining an injury himself--is just plain absurd. Yes, I realize it's another attempt to make Horatio look like the all-powerful man who can surmount any obstacle, but come on, there are more clever and more realistic ways to do that. It's hard to contrast Calleigh's very realistic danger with the dramatically unrealistic shoot out that the episode opens with.
I did find the end of the sequence pretty morally ambiguous, when Horatio walks up to the felled Mala Noche who is crawling, rather pathetically like the armless and legless knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, towards his weapon--a large board--and shoots him on the ground, saying, "Mala Noche justice, meet Miami justice." Is it a cool moment? Sure. But it's also Horatio, our hero, shooting a guy when he's down on the ground and going for a weapon that couldn't even do any damage unless Horatio was standing right next to him. That does make Horatio look like a cold-blooded killer. Riaz was one thing--the man had Marisol murdered--but Horatio didn't need to shoot the man on the ground. How does that make him any better than the killers he wants to bring to justice?
The ridiculousness at the beginning aside, "All In" is a great episode. Between this episode, "Stand Your Ground" (http://www.csifiles.com/episodes/miami/season6/stand_your_ground.shtml) and the love triangle Calleigh is in with Jake and Eric, Emily Procter has had a lot to work with this season. It's great to see the writers throwing storylines her way, because Procter is a fantastic actress. She manages to convey Calleigh's fear and her strength all in one breath. Despite her predicament, Calleigh is no damsel-in-distress, wringing her hands and waiting for the guys to save her. She plants clues along the way for the CSIs to follow, gives them evidence on her abductors and even convinces one of the guys to turn himself in. In the end, even with four guys training their guns on Seth, it is Calleigh who throws him off so that he can be taken into custody.
In the end, when Calleigh says she's fine, we believe her, because of that strength. Delko believes her, too, and it elicits a confession from him: he's not fine, and if anything had happened to her, he doesn't know what he would have done. She looks at him and realizes he needs her, and the two go home together in one of the CSI Hummers. It's a sweet moment given the build-up of romantic feelings between the two over the last season. Is Jake still in the picture or are Eric and Calleigh free to act on their feelings for each other? There's no real indication either way, so we'll have to wait and see what's next for the couple, and wonder, for now, what happened after they drove off for home in the Hummer.
Adam Rodriguez gets to show off his acting chops in this episode, too, displaying a focused intensity and intense anxiety over Calleigh's abduction. Natalia has to reign him in at one point, reminding him that anger and frustration aren't going to help them to recover Calleigh. The depth of his feelings for Calleigh are evident throughout the episode. Rodriguez does a stellar job with the material, reflecting Eric's nervousness and fear for Calleigh in every scene.
The scene at Descent when Seth and Calleigh walk in only to find Delko, Ryan and Tripp at the pool table waiting for them is nothing short of phenomenal. Seth doesn't know what Calleigh's co-workers look like so he doesn't react right away, but it's a great reveal for the audience, who are in on the moment just as Calleigh is. Of course it's Horatio who steps from behind to put the gun to Seth's head and tells him it's over. It's a minor quibble, but it would have been a nice pay-off for Delko to have him be the one to do this, but it's great to see him at the table, focusing all of his intensity and rage on Seth as he aims his gun at the kidnapper and would-be killer. The storyline with Ray Saris remains open, despite the fact that Horatio has the shoelace evidence on him. I'm not sure why Horatio doesn't just arrest Ron on the spot; he's got evidence against him and he's worried for the lives of his son and Julia. Ron's police brutality claim is pretty stupid, given how many open windows there are around the interrogation room. I presume the storyline was left open so that it can be resolved in a future episode. My guess? Either Julia gets murdered by Ron and that's how Horatio is able to put him away, or Julia redeems herself, Ron is caught and put behind bars and Julia leaves Miami with Kyle in tow, creating more angst for our long-suffering hero.

MIL
11-28-2008, 10:00 AM
I have to take a road trip, but I'm going to try to watch this on the way...don't worry, my boyfriend is driving;)

lol-be safe

babycat
11-28-2008, 10:04 AM
I don't know if she listened to this band, but

FLICKERSTICK LYRICS - Chloroform The One You Love (http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=1&q=http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/flickerstick/chloroformtheoneyoulove.html&ei=eAgwSaPROoPktgeopcjDCg&usg=AFQjCNFoeGhJZZHs8T6j_gh-Q3FxxiSYvw)

Coley
11-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Dang, you guys are on a roll. :clap:

MIL
11-28-2008, 10:12 AM
http://www.fancast.com/tv/CSI%3A-Miami/88094/931173994/CSI%3A-Miami---Kidnapping-Sophie/videos
watch this one -ou my

beckaroozie
11-28-2008, 10:33 AM
On the computer searches, I noticed she searched for the 100th episode of 'One Tree Hill'. Not sure what the content of that one is. I think that's Season 6, Episode 1, but I'm not positive. This was mixed in with her 'Chloraform' <sic> searches.

Ok here's something interesting....
Chloroform is a BAND that wrote something pertaining to One Tree Hill Mix 18 or something like that.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4587115/1/Chloroform_The_One_You_Love

Maybe she was searching for the band when she got her idea to chloroform Caylee?

That One Tree Hill show looks to be right up her alley, young people embroiled in DRAMA, DRINKING and more DRAMA...clubs, music production, etc.

MIL
11-28-2008, 10:36 AM
so there's a band neck breakers and chloroform? hmm how convinient

FloridaKatz
11-28-2008, 10:37 AM

I saw this episode when it first aired and then watched a rerun of it about a month ago and posted on one of the threads on WS, pretty much to the same effect as you have here. It's been said that KC is a fan of the CSI show.

MIL
11-28-2008, 10:40 AM
I saw this episode when it first aired and then watched a rerun of it about a month ago and posted on one of the threads on WS, pretty much to the same effect as you have here. It's been said that KC is a fan of the CSI show.

spooky
sounds to me like she was watching tv and got some ideas and did some research and put it into practice.:eek:

passionflower
11-28-2008, 11:21 AM
What If You Put Several Narcissists In A Room Together?

JVS, KC, CA, DP, other high-profile narcissistic personalities feed off the attention they get on web sites and all media. They actually watch and read about themselves and try to look even better.

technicalconfusion
11-28-2008, 11:48 AM
I've noticed on different threads people posting episodes of some shows which had similar babysitter plots.
Lets post them all there and see if there's anything similar.

In lost theres a Juliette.

CSI (Vegas) had an episode about a woman who killed her son when he was 2 years old. She buried him in her back yard, but moved him at some point - I can't remember where she moved him to - not sure if they ever found him. As I recall, she killed him with some kind of antipsychotic medication.

When the boy should have been 6 years old, she went to a park and started screaming that her son was kidnapped. (this was how CSI was brought in) Turns out she had found a family who had a son that resembled hers, stalked them to an extent, found their website, downloaded their images and photoshopped herself into their pics and claimed them as her own.

It was a good show. Haven't found any great summaries on it so far, the above is from my own coffee deprived brain.

Still Life

http://www.tv.com/csi/still-life/episode/554374/summary.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Still_Life_(CSI)

MIL
11-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Did anyone watch those movies KC and Tony rented about body in trunk....?

passionflower
11-28-2008, 12:04 PM
KC watched and researched allot of Trenton Duckett missing............did she get ideas from that also?

MIL
11-28-2008, 12:10 PM
KC watched and researched allot of Trenton Duckett missing............did she get ideas from that also?

really-i didnt know that
:eek:

DollyPardonMe
11-28-2008, 12:31 PM
What If You Put Several Narcissists In A Room Together?

JVS, KC, CA, DP, other high-profile narcissistic personalities feed off the attention they get on web sites and all media. They actually watch and read about themselves and try to look even better.

I think that would be "Dr Drew Celebrity Rehab Part 3".

momtective
11-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Bringing this over from the radom thoughts and ideas thread. I had originally started a thread titled Possible Character connection & Chloroform but the post was moved to the random ideas thread.
I really believe this is an area to look into. We know what KC didn't do all day...work, so I'm guessing she watched a lot of TV, soaps, lifetime, TLC, crimeTV etc. hence my post...

Possible Character connection & Chloroform
I've been thinking that the character names she used such as Juliet, Jennifer, Annabelle, Jeff etc. could have come from TV shows. I found these two and both episodes were about Chloroform and contain some characters with the above names. Anyone know of a series with TGIF in it? Both of these series were from May.

CSI Episode involving Chloroform May 15, 2008
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/csi/...ale-19465.aspx

LOST episode involving Chloroform May 2, 2008 Notice that one of the Characters in named Juliet
http://ksatbrokennews.wordpress.com/...ice-back-home/

cocoamom
11-28-2008, 08:17 PM
I posted on the new docs thread yesterday...

One Tree Hill 100th episode was searched on her computer according to the docs release this week. In this episode, A NANNY KIDNAPS a little boy named Jamie (4 1/2 yrs old) from a church bathroom while a wedding is going on.

She takes him to a hotel and dyes his hair "black like mine"....synopsis in Wikipedia...

oops - there also are the following characters:
Nathan, Dante, Andy, Anne, ooooohhhh can't remember all the names but there are a bunch and a bunch of similarities - one girl lies to her boyfriend about being pregnant, there is a miscarriage, drop out of high school due to pregnancy, etc, etc....very telling

She searched this minutes after searching shovel neck-breaking..

charo
11-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Anyone remember the movie with Clint Eastwood in it. and he also directed it- came out about 2 yrs ago and the name of it escapes me now- about a missing child they found dead and they found her, I THINK buried in a cemetary.

beckaroozie
11-28-2008, 10:02 PM
http://www.fancast.com/tv/CSI%3A-Miami/88094/931173994/CSI%3A-Miami---Kidnapping-Sophie/videos
watch this one -ou my

Well at least that woman was showing some emotion over her missing baby, eh? Unlike another we know.

beckaroozie
11-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Did anyone watch those movies KC and Tony rented about body in trunk....?

I was wondering the same thing MIL.

Sdavidson11
02-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Using the analogy of an innocent doctor who loved his wife in the movie, was charged and convicted of her murder is not even similar to Casey. In Casey's instance her story would and should not be made into a movie but her daughter was missing for 31 days before she was reported missing by her grandma, there is decomposition and a hair with a death band in her mothers trunk, Casey has lied in every LE interview conducted and I could go on. I again see no similarities between Casey and the Fugitive unless she is planning an escape from jail!:eek:

LancelotLink
02-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Yep. I would use something other than The Fugitive...American Psycho perhaps..

LancelotLink
02-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Barnum and Bailey...

sleutherontheside
02-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Perhaps they will finally release the sketch of the ZFG that allegedly kidnapped Caylee. "See this is the one that took her............This one only has ONE arm."

Shalya
02-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Barnum and Bailey...

Oh come now... don't bring LP into this! ;) J/K! Sorry for going a bit OT!

Egoslayer
02-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Actually this case always reminds me of "Gone baby gone" but they wouldnt say that since it implicates LE ..

Nana46
02-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Uh, hmm, looks like you would need to be in Fla. working on the CASE.............comparing this to a fictional character.....I will say it again just like I do everyday...somebody just shoot me...there is no end to the craziness of this case.:furious:

LEFT-COASTER
02-06-2009, 10:01 AM
well imho the only thing they have in common is the following..

1. The Fugitive.....a made up story for tv.. a FICTION

2. Casey's Story..... a made up story .... FICTION

Tichad3
02-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Her defense lawyers are whacked.

I would compare her to Diane Downs but not The Fugitive.

Janis396
02-06-2009, 10:05 AM
What a LOAD. It just shows they have NOTHING with which to seriously defend her!! "You guys are all just a bunch of big meanies!! Leave our poor innocent fugitive-like client alone!!" Waaaaa! Waaaaa!

Indigo
02-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Actually this case always reminds me of "Gone baby gone" but they wouldnt say that since it implicates LE ..

Funny you mentioned that, Egoslayer. I was just reading that movie synopsis. Remember how Casey said she had seen movies where LE got involved and they didn't turn out well? Bingo! Gone Baby Gone.

The symbolic thread woven throughout the movie centers on the little girl's favorite doll, Annabelle. Not a very common name, but coincidentally the name of another child ZFG sits for.

In the movie: The kidnapped child's mother cares so little for her child that she doesn't even know the name of the little girl's favorite doll--calling the doll Mirabelle instead of Annabelle. Disturbing.

What was the name of Caylee's favorite doll? MAMA.

Amil
02-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Uh, hmm, looks like you would need to be in Fla. working on the CASE.............comparing this to a fictional character.....I will say it again just like I do everyday...somebody just shoot me...there is no end to the craziness of this case.:furious:
You're right, Baez is in NYC.
I thought it odd that they compared Baez to F.Lee Bailey. He not only defended the Fugitive, Dr. Sheppard, but OJ Simpson.
Mr.Bailey was disbarred for misconduct in the end.

Mendara
02-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Wait a minute - is she blaiming a one armed bandit now?

Nana46
02-06-2009, 10:27 AM

Yup...it would appear.:bang:

Egoslayer
02-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Funny you mentioned that, Egoslayer. I was just reading that movie synopsis. Remember how Casey said she had seen movies where LE got involved and they didn't turn out well? Bingo! Gone Baby Gone.

The symbolic thread woven throughout the movie centers on the little girl's favorite doll, Annabelle. Not a very common name, but coincidentally the name of another child ZFG sits for.

In the movie: The kidnapped child's mother cares so little for her child that she doesn't even know the name of the little girl's favorite doll--calling the doll Mirabelle instead of Annabelle. Disturbing.

What was the name of Caylee's favorite doll? MAMA.
Well, it's the only real MAMA she ever had ............

ok that was cheezy.

I think the Annabelle/Mirabelle thing is significant here too, it just illustrates how everyone gets so emotionally involved in a missing child's case but nobody really knows the child. None of us ... except Cindy and George .. really knew Caylee, and even their knowledge was limited, because children are so inaccessible, this lack of knowledge makes us perceive them as innocent, and something worth fighting for, etc. I think that was the purpose of that imagery. (The brother in law who supposedly cared alot about the little girl also did not know the doll's correct name.)

The movie, as far as plot goes, is way too twisted to happen in real life. That was probably my only criticism, otherwise a great film.

*how did I get so off topic*

Kat
02-06-2009, 10:29 AM
I was thinking that the defense may start trying to use the media to their advantage. We possibly still have a while before this goes to trial and the defense team might try to sway public opinion of their client by likening her to "The Fugative", either the TV show (which by the way probably wouldn't be remembered by a lot of people, or the movie I think Harrison Ford was in that one)

Now when I read that I interpreted it as they were using the media to present their client as an underdog...a "victim". Hoo-boy.

I don't believe that anyone in the general public that has followed this case will fall for it, but then again, there are people that like to take up "causes". They may begin to see her as a victim or a cause...being a victim of the media, tried in the court of public opinion...along those lines...you know? She already has some supporters that are sending her money for her slim jims and cheesy bits.

LKB is probably behind this...Baez went there with the Hitler remark...not a good move in my opinion if you want to evoke sympathy for yourself. A lot of strong emotions still evoked by that name to this day and sympathy and compassion aren't the first ones that come to mind.

To quote my DH, KC's nuttier than a squirrell turd but she's not crazy and she is *no* victim. I think the defense has shouted "play ball" and it's going to be a long inning.

Nana46
02-06-2009, 10:31 AM
"The movie, as far as plot goes, is way too twisted to happen in real life. That was probably my only criticism, otherwise a great film." quoted

I dunno...this has gone way beyond twisted in this case IMO...craziness every single day...."quite frankly" I am sick of it:bang:

Egoslayer
02-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Public opinion doesn't matter. Facts do.

Egoslayer
02-06-2009, 10:32 AM
The movie, as far as plot goes, is way too twisted to happen in real life. That was probably my only criticism, otherwise a great film.

I dunno...this has gone way beyond twisted in this case IMO...craziness every single day...."quite frankly" I am sick of it:bang:

Well we have not seen a pimp/gangster yet, buried money or drug trafficking. thank god!

Nana46
02-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Well we have not seen a pimp/gangster yet, buried money or drug trafficking. thank god!

Ahhhh but the day is young:furious:

sweetmop
02-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Hey, don't be giving Hitler, uh, I mean Baez, any ideas Egoslayer!:eek:

Linda7NJ
02-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Omg! I was left ROLLING this morning when I heard that....

a one armed nanny!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's next a satanic cult in a van?

FifthEssence
02-06-2009, 11:00 AM
PLEAZZZEEEEEEEEE! KC's probably adjusting the writings in her screenplay now that her defense team has backed her up with the FUGITIVE characterization. ...probably already imagines herself walking on the Hollywood RedCarpet being a highly sought after actress resulting from her leading performance in her own story. Caylee who?

LEFT-COASTER
02-06-2009, 11:05 AM
and dont forget .. how we all saw those pictures and such of sam sheppard partying and dancing on the stripper pole while he was looking for the one armed man.

TallyHo
02-06-2009, 11:14 AM
and dont forget .. how we all saw those pictures and such of sam sheppard partying and dancing on the stripper pole while he was looking for the one armed man.

Absolutely! And she must have taken a page from O.J. Simpson's book on "How to look for the real killer"!!

Dr. Pennypacker
02-06-2009, 11:18 AM

~~~~~ I had nothing to do with it. ~~~~~

http://www.nexusgadgets.com/images/D/Slot_Machine_m.jpg

VALee
02-06-2009, 11:26 AM

I just fell out my dang chair...hilarious!

star444
02-06-2009, 11:54 AM
~ respectfully snipped ~
...The movie, as far as plot goes, is way too twisted to happen in real life. That was probably my only criticism, otherwise a great film...

I think the twists and turns in this case are so bizarre they would never be believed in a movie.

~bolded by me ~

C'mon, JB does a pretty darn good "My Cousin Vinny" imitation!

jai-yen
02-06-2009, 12:07 PM

We don't get the full airing of "Today" in my region. We only get one hour. But.. oh, my... watching that one hour was painful! I can only imagine the presentation by Casey's lawyers being geared for the Today show which is about one step above "Regis and Kelly". They have to keep the presentation light for "the masses". It couldn't have possibly been a serious examination of the issues. Not on that cotton candy show!

Ugh! Sitting through an hour of it was wretched. That lets me know all I need to know about the interview with the lawyers.

~*

jai-yen
02-06-2009, 12:11 PM
"The movie, as far as plot goes, is way too twisted to happen in real life. That was probably my only criticism, otherwise a great film." quoted

I keep waiting for the pea soup and spinning heads. Have demons been blamed yet?

They can call it "the Linda Blair Defense".

~*

Trapshooter
02-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Did I just read correctly in the Daily News Thread here that LKB said Casey has been compared to Osama Bin Laden and Baez as Hitler?

Give me a freakin' break! Nothing like attorneys on national tv whining and saying their client has been victimized and so have they! Makes me want to puke!

Baznme
02-06-2009, 12:13 PM
She's a "Fugitive Character" all right....................a fugitive from the "truth"!!!!

njustice
02-06-2009, 12:18 PM
well imho the only thing they have in common is the following..

1. The Fugitive.....a made up story for tv.. a FICTION

2. Casey's Story..... a made up story .... FICTION

Absolutely!!! Her story is a LOT like The Fugitive, because it's been cobbled by all of the movies and TV shows she's watched. Unfortunately, she did not do all that great of a job developing a plotline or a motive for the ficticious killer(s?) which is why she's not getting rave reviews...

pirate
02-06-2009, 12:19 PM
YAWN. Their spin is getting tiresome.

I think a better comparison is Harrison Ford in Regarding Henry...........the guy who got amnesia.

TallyHo
02-06-2009, 12:21 PM
And amidst all of this "you shouldn't be forming an opinion of our client, but here's an analogy to an innocent person that you should use to form said opinion" - did ya'll catch LKB's statement about the report that is coming out in the "next week or so" from the "National Academy of Science"? Supposedly this report will state that what prosecutors and law enforcement put forward as science may "not be science". Of course, she then mentioned that she wasn't trying to tie this specifically to the Anthony case, while tying this to the Anthony case. Nice.

Never4GetCaylee
02-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Using the analogy of an innocent doctor who loved his wife in the movie, was charged and convicted of her murder is not even similar to Casey. In Casey's instance her story would and should not be made into a movie but her daughter was missing for 31 days before she was reported missing by her grandma, there is decomposition and a hair with a death band in her mothers trunk, Casey has lied in every LE interview conducted and I could go on. I again see no similarities between Casey and the Fugitive unless she is planning an escape from jail!:eek:

I don't know that Dr. Sheppard was innocent. F.L. Bailey got his conviction overturned I believe because it was determined he didn't receive a fair trial because of all the media attention. I am pretty sure they never came up with the "real killer." LKB was trying to make it sound like after everyone was so sure Sam Sheppard killed his wife and then the "real" killer was found and he was exonerated, like Casey will be :rolleyes: but that never happened, in his 2nd trial Sam Sheppard was aquitted because half the witnesses were dead and evidence was lost. Another bad comparison by LKB if you ask me.

ETA: You know, I'm sorry, you were referring to the movie, I was thinking of the Sam Sheppard case that inspired the movie. I haven't seen the movie in forever, I forgot Harrison Ford turned out to be truly innocent in the movie version.

LancelotLink
02-06-2009, 12:29 PM
YAWN. Their spin is getting tiresome.

I think a better comparison is Harrison Ford in Regarding Henry...........the guy who got amnesia.

Ha! Ha!! :clap:

blots
02-06-2009, 12:30 PM

What are you insinuating Dr. Pennypacker…the gambler did it? All I can think of is Kenny Rogers.

Are you a member of the defense team and is this the new strategy? :bang:

Marina2
02-06-2009, 12:32 PM
And amidst all of this "you shouldn't be forming an opinion of our client, but here's an analogy to an innocent person that you should use to form said opinion" - did ya'll catch LKB's statement about the report that is coming out in the "next week or so" from the "National Academy of Science"? Supposedly this report will state that what prosecutors and law enforcement put forward as science may "not be science". Of course, she then mentioned that she wasn't trying to tie this specifically to the Anthony case, while tying this to the Anthony case. Nice.

Agree, major contradictions on the defense part.

Don't form an opinion of her./Think of her as the Fugitive.
We won't try this in the media./Attack the forensics on national tv.:waitasec:

radio
02-06-2009, 12:36 PM
What are you insinuating Dr. Pennypacker…the gambler did it? All I can think of is Kenny Rogers.

Who did it???
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee166/benzo_013/Gantry.jpg

PoppyH
02-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Perhaps they will finally release the sketch of the ZFG that allegedly kidnapped Caylee. "See this is the one that took her............This one only has ONE arm."

Im still waiting on the picture of them all that was supposedly taken in the JB Park LOL:rolleyes:

bookworm474
02-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Maybe Cindy is right, Caylee is not dead, she is alive. This is all just a misconstrued illusion.

What I really think is Casey is going to humiliate her mother and blame her for all this.

CA and GA should have realized this a long time ago. Maybe they will need a defense against Casey's lies. If one enables an evil person they will turn on you eventually.

Nosey Parker
02-06-2009, 12:41 PM

Any bets this report was written by her hubby??

LancelotLink
02-06-2009, 12:43 PM
I would believe Freedomland before The Fugitive.

TallyHo
02-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Agree, major contradictions on the defense part.

Don't form an opinion of her./Think of her as the Fugitive.
We won't try this in the media./Attack the forensics on national tv.:waitasec:

And I just found a NYTimes article about the report that I believe LKB must have been referencing although not specifically (ahem, wink wink...) to the anthony case - mods, am I allowed to post a link to a Ny Times article? If so, I'll post it. Thanks!

RR0004
02-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I can't believe that the Today show will even give this airtime. It was a ridiculous analogy. It may have been clever enough to get the station's attention, but that's not saying a whole lot. I hate the fact that no one is speaking for Caylee. The defense wants the general public to buy into this rubbish. It's an insult not only to this poor baby (and most importantly), but to all of us out here in tv land. What an inane segment!!

TallyHo
02-06-2009, 12:58 PM
I can't believe that the Today show will even give this airtime. It was a ridiculous analogy. It may have been clever enough to get the station's attention, but that's not saying a whole lot. I hate the fact that no one is speaking for Caylee. The defense wants the general public to buy into this rubbish. It's an insult not only to this poor baby (and most importantly), but to all of us out here in tv land. What an inane segment!!

Post of the day, imo!!! :clap:

Khaki_Pants
02-06-2009, 01:03 PM
When I think of the defense I think more along the lines of The Three Stooges.

OneLostGrl
02-06-2009, 01:35 PM
When I think of the defense I think more along the lines of The Three Stooges.

hahaa

kageykaren
02-06-2009, 02:38 PM
DaDaDaDaDa.... DaDadaDaDaDa.... DaDaDaDaDaDaDaaaaa! Between the stooges and groucho and his bro's, and Whimpy we have the vaudville act of the centuary ressurected when describing defense and all their peopls.

kageykaren
02-06-2009, 02:40 PM
:dance:DaDaDaDaDa.... DaDadaDaDaDa.... DaDaDaDaDaDaDaaaaa! Between the stooges and groucho and his bro's, and Whimpy we have the vaudville act of the centuary ressurected when describing defense and all their peoples.

LaLaw2000
02-06-2009, 03:17 PM

Yes, and some girl named "Squeaky" in a floppy hat (Manson gang)! Oh, wait. We do have a witness to a floppy hat with the guy who said he saw Casey coming out of the woods near the airport! IIRC, he and his buddy were looking for aluminum cans, weren't they?

One armed nanny? LOLOL, like that one too!

LaLaw2000
02-06-2009, 03:22 PM

I am not Dr. Pennypacker but................

No, not Kenny Rogers in 'The Gambler' cause he knew when to fold 'em!

Whisperer
02-06-2009, 03:23 PM
TRUE: Zenaida Gonzalez is a TV actress who starred in "Forensic Files" as an investigator. Her name was Detective Flores...another coincidence?

Angelfire
02-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Baden was talking about Richard Kimble and the Fugitive and then comparing it to KC. Not telling my age, but growing up we didn't have a lot of channels to choose from and The Fugitive was one of my favorites. But if I remember correctly, he tried to prove that he was innocent and with KC, all she has done is send everyone running in all different directions without one time ever telling the truth.

kageykaren
02-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Baden was talking about Richard Kimble and the Fugitive and then comparing it to KC. Not telling my age, but growing up we didn't have a lot of channels to choose from and The Fugitive was one of my favorites. But if I remember correctly, he tried to prove that he was innocent and with KC, all she has done is send everyone running in all different directions without one time ever telling the truth.

As Otis Redding would sing, "She's sittin on top of her bunk wastin' time, time, time"

LCoastMom
02-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Defense: Casey Anthony case mirrors 1960s TV show
In "The Fugitive", actor David Janssen plays a man who blames a one-armed man for the murder of his wife, but no one believes him and he is convicted in her death.

This has just pizzed me off more so than many of the asinine things said by KC's atty's. To compare Caylee's death to a fictional TV character who was actually innocent btw; NO WAY JOSE not buying!!!!

What are they thinking????? I need to go find the rant thread, sorry this really got my goat!!!!!

Lexington
02-06-2009, 11:22 PM
It's obvious from today's rantings of JB and LKB that the defense is really struggling. To go on national TV and make such stupid statements only shows how desperate they really are. Better to stay in the shadows and maintain some dignity.

RR0004
02-07-2009, 12:35 AM
In "The Fugitive", actor David Janssen plays a man who blames a one-armed man for the murder of his wife, but no one believes him and he is convicted in her death.

This has just pizzed me off more so than many of the asinine things said by KC's atty's. To compare Caylee's death to a fictional TV character who was actually innocent btw; NO WAY JOSE not buying!!!!

What are they thinking????? I need to go find the rant thread, sorry this really got my goat!!!!!
No need to a apologize. This really ticked me off all day. To even liken Baez to Hitler and Casey to Osama Bin Laden is vile. No JB, you are just an ordinary man, hopefully doomed to a life of mediocrity, and Casey, well she is your run-of-the-mill sociopath who killed the one person she ought to have loved more than herself.

kline
02-07-2009, 03:19 AM
Im actually amazed Casey didnt claim Caylee was abducted by the pockmarked guy with bushy hair wearing a denim jacket.
If you've followed many true crime cases you know he used to turn up everywhere.
He committed the murders Gary Gilmore was executed for and killed Diane Downs children too among many other things.
Maybe he's retired.

Ripley007
02-07-2009, 06:08 AM

Anyone who's ever read a single post of mine knows I'm NO KC supporter, but in the interest of keeping things real...The Fugitive was based on a REAL-Life case. Not pure fiction. Now again, repeat "No Way Jose not buying". Agreed.

Everly
02-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Neither the fictional "Dr. Kimble" nor the real Dr. Sheppard claim to have left their wife with the "one armed man" or the "bushy haired stranger" multiple times at the same apartment which then turned out to have been vacant for months. Sorry, Baez and Co. but this case starts and ends with your client's mouth. She opened it and cooked her own goose. Barring a goofball on the jury that is and that is the fear of all. I am not talking about a jury of people who have already decided she is guilty, what I mean is there is always the potential of getting a kook who couldn't convict a cat with feathers in his mouth of canary murder.

tfrohning
02-07-2009, 08:59 AM

The rant was my first post. I woke up this morning mad about that statement
:furious:

tfrohning
02-07-2009, 09:00 AM
What is it about camparing this case with all the shows and movies?
Ahhhhhhh that what Casey did for two years watch tv.

tfrohning
02-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Im actually amazed Casey didnt claim Caylee was abducted by the pockmarked guy with bushy hair wearing a denim jacket.
If you've followed many true crime cases you know he used to turn up everywhere.
He committed the murders Gary Gilmore was executed for and killed Diane Downs children too among many other things.
Maybe he's retired.
I think the Mcdonald case too:furious:

kline
02-07-2009, 09:10 AM
I think the Mcdonald case too:furious:
Yeah that guy used to be booked!

AlwaysShocked
02-07-2009, 12:51 PM
You know you're really getting old(er) when the pop culture references you use have to be EXPLAINED to those under the age of 35!

"The Fugitive" - a popular TV series at the time, ran from 1963-1967. David Janssenn, who played Dr. Richard Kimble, an innocent physician who was convicted of murdering his wife, has been dead since 1980. Barry Morse, who played Lt. Philip Gerard, a police detective who relentlesssly persued Kimble, died last year.

The one-armed man, a drifter named Fred Johnson, was seen briefly by Dr. Kimble fleeing his home at the beginning of the series. Bill Raisch, who played
the character died in 1984.

If you click HERE: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056757/fullcredits#cast
you can see the list of cast members for the entire 120 episodes. Interestingly, it reads like a who's who of well known stars - ranging from Kurt Russell to Bruce Dern, Telly Savales, and Leslie Nielson to Geraldine Brooks(!), Sheree North, Robert Duvall, Jack Klugman.

"The Fugitive", the movie, was made in 1993 starring Harrison Ford as Dr. Kimble and Tommy Lee Jones as Lt. Gerard. It was a top grossing movie in 1994 and Tommy Lee Jones won an Oscar for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for playing the part of Lt. Gerard.

Here is a part of the synopsis of the movie:
"Richard Kimble (Harrison Ford) is a successful , University of Chicago-trained, Chicago based vascular surgeon who returns home from an operation after a party one evening to find his wife (Sela Ward) dying following a brutal attack and a mysterious one-armed man with a prosthetic arm escaping. Despite his attempts to save her and his testimony about the one-armed man, Kimble is convicted of first-degree murder, due to evidence such as a misunderstood 9-1-1 call, his fingerprints found "on the lamp, the gun, and the bullets," and no signs of forced entry by the one-armed man."

I (as a young child, of course) faithfully watched the TV series and also enjoyed the Harrison Ford movie.

But IMO there is NO one-armed or two-armed nanny in the Casey Anothy case!

Nickelfoo
02-07-2009, 12:56 PM
OMG, are they serious? Is this their stradegy? LOL!!!!!!!

lastchance
02-07-2009, 12:59 PM
OMG, are they serious? Is this their stradegy? LOL!!!!!!!

Absolutely!!

DotsEyes
02-07-2009, 04:18 PM
The only similarities I can think of is that both crimes happened in the home and that a phantom perp. is blamed.

Of course, then there is KC's second account of events wherein she is held back and pushed to the ground at JBP as Caylee is stolen by ZFG, her sister Samantha and Samantha's brood of kids, so I suppose there is, alternatively, a "confrontation" with the perp as in the Shepard case.

Where's Andre
02-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Given Baez's bumbling lack of experiance and LKB's Jersey accent and classiness, I think "My Cousin Vinny" is a closer fit than "The Fugitive".

Except for the part about their client being innocent, and her white Pontiac Sunfire having a similar GM model with posi-traction.

Meemom
02-07-2009, 06:15 PM

Maybe the "everything will make sense" defense they keep spouting will be.......see next quote

Maybe he's retired.

It was the legendary SODDI! Now, which of her friends that she will surely try to throw under the bus, looks the most like the bushy haired stranger who always commits these crimes? Hmmm......lol

Where's Andre
02-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Maybe he's retired.

It was the legendary SODDI! Now, which of her friends that she will surely try to throw under the bus, looks the most like the bushy haired stranger who always commits these crimes? Hmmm......lol

Probablly retiring along with his half-brother SOBDDI (Some Other Black Dude Did It) of Susan Smith fame and numerous others...

Virtual Truth
02-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Hello! I think Mr. Baez is forgetting that his client didn't actually make her "BIG ESCAPE" on indictment day!! That is the only comparison that I can find to The Fugitive.

radio
02-07-2009, 06:51 PM
This is strange, but heck,
as they say, lol, how often
is a star born??

But, this will generate mystique,
more interest in the case.
A following. God only knows what
kind of lore will start being told.

I think it is a huge plus.
I may not like it - but I still
think it will play extremely well.:rolleyes:

:waitasec:

azwriter
02-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Source please.

I remember on her resume Casey had listed one of her previous positions as being a Nanny.

Drama Queen
02-07-2009, 11:00 PM
I have not posted here very much and hope I am not posting something I should not but this is an interesting and funny video based on Casey Anthony - The Fugitive.
MOD...if it is not for this thread please advise and I will remove it if I can figure it out. LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vefyMlZ5ZU&feature=channel_page

MD MOMMY
02-07-2009, 11:05 PM
I remember on her resume Casey had listed one of her previous positions as being a Nanny.

Yes this is according to GA ,I believe. IIRC it was on one of his taped interviews with LE or the FBI..one of them!

okiedokietoo
02-07-2009, 11:55 PM
IMO the hitler remark by LKB - Totally Tasteless Disgusting and flat out Ignorant

mommyto4
02-08-2009, 12:37 AM
The references to The Fugitive, Hiltler, and Bin Laden disgust me beyond all belief. The only thing that LKB got right making those comparisons was the fact that this case is like a movie, a really, really, bad one.

I have always thought that American Psycho was the one movie that mirrored this case the closest. Not so much the premise of the movie itself but in the way that KC reminds me so much of the main character Patrick Bateman. The way that she makes up all these stories and tells one person on thing and another something else. The way that her lies are all so elaborate. The way that she just goes on living her life like nothing has happened until she has to "turn on" her act. The way that she just wants to go out of her way to help LE. Even right down to the disposal of the body. In the movie the character always double bagged the bodies, just like KC did.

I had seen American Psycho before all this started and watched it again after this case began. When I was watching it I found myself getting cold chills and thinking of KC every time that Patrick was on screen. Even my 18 year old daughter pointed out the same thing after seeing that American Psycho was on KC's MySpace as the movie she was currently watching. The more the case went on the more my daughter started referring to KC's comments and mannerisms as a "Patrick Bateman thing to do."

shergal
02-08-2009, 01:22 AM
I have not posted here very much and hope I am not posting something I should not but this is an interesting and funny video based on Casey Anthony - The Fugitive.
MOD...if it is not for this thread please advise and I will remove it if I can figure it out. LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vefyMlZ5ZU&feature=channel_page

That's hysterical, DQ! What will the defense think of next? :crazy:

Everly
02-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Funny, I don't remember either David Jansen or Harrison Ford swinging on a stripper pole during their cinematic travail.

Pretty sure I'd remember that.

mommyto4
02-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Funny, I don't remember either David Jansen or Harrison Ford swinging on a stripper pole during their cinematic travail.

Pretty sure I'd remember that.

LMAO!!! Pretty sure I would have paid extra to have seen Harrison Ford do that!

TrY
02-09-2009, 05:05 AM
CSI (Vegas) had an episode about a woman who killed her son when he was 2 years old. She buried him in her back yard, but moved him at some point - I can't remember where she moved him to - not sure if they ever found him. As I recall, she killed him with some kind of antipsychotic medication.

When the boy should have been 6 years old, she went to a park and started screaming that her son was kidnapped. (this was how CSI was brought in) Turns out she had found a family who had a son that resembled hers, stalked them to an extent, found their website, downloaded their images and photoshopped herself into their pics and claimed them as her own.

It was a good show. Haven't found any great summaries on it so far, the above is from my own coffee deprived brain.

Still Life

http://www.tv.com/csi/still-life/episode/554374/summary.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Still_Life_(CSI)

If you look on IMDB.com you can find a small summary of the show as well as look at the cast and crew from that episode, season 6, episode 10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0534744/

AlwaysShocked
02-09-2009, 05:25 AM
In the movie linked above, it is amazing how much Linda Kenney-Baden resembles the blonde movie star whose photos are interspersed with shots of Linda taken during the "Fugitive interview"! And its not just the hair either, I notice a similarity in the facial features.

TrY
02-09-2009, 06:55 AM
OK, here is a daisy chain from the tv show "One Tree Hill" to the tv show "The Fugitive"

"One Tree Hill" The Hundred episode,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032104/

which has a nanny in it - the actress Torrey De Vitto
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1722914/bio

who plays the nanny Carrie is 5'7", 24 years old, and fits the description of the nanny that Casey gave.

"One Tree Hill" also stars actor Chad Michael Murray who was in one of the memorable episodes of CSI called "The Accused Is Entitled", season 3 episode 2.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0534748/

Chad's character in this episode is a celebrity named Tom Haviland and he's accused of killing 2 people. In this O.J. like episode, one of the defense team forensic hired guns is named Phillip Gerard, he used to be Gil Grissom's boss in another time but now he's a defense team trying to tear apart all the evidence that the CSI's collected.

In the tv show "The Fugitive"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056757/

Lt. Philip Gerard is the name of the guy who is after Dr Richard Kimble played by actor David Janssen.

So there you go!

Cayleefan
02-09-2009, 11:54 AM
:loser::croc::doh::doh::loser::behindbar:behindbar :behindbar:thumb::applause::dervish::clown::iamash amed0005::tsktsk::shakehead::pinocchio:

I still can't get over is that she actually thought that people are stupid enough to buy her fake, and ever-so-lame story. I mean, really. She was so experienced in telling tall tales, you would've thought that she might come up with something a little more believable.

sadyjade
05-25-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm looking for a transcript of the movie "Gone Baby Gone"

I watched this movie for the third time today... second time since Calylee went missing, first time since she has been found, AND her mother has been arrested for her murder.

Many things jumped out at me the *second time round* However, this time, today ... I had already read numerous discovery documents ... especially noted, duct tape, and the *heart shaped* residue, *heart shaped puffy sticker seen in pics.

I am looking to confirm what I thought I heard, watching this movie today. It was sometime in the first 30-40 minutes (I Think). Something to the tune of
" Red, poofy, heart shaped sticker (from my locker?)*

You can see why I am more curious now, than the first time round ...

Makes me wonder if KC tried to *mock* this movie to create a new reality, a more believable senario?

I just can't let it go, I did (almost) the first time I watched this movie, after Caylee went missing. Now, with all we've learned through documents etc., It REALLY freaks me out!

ynotdivein
05-12-2010, 09:43 PM
:book:

Hi fellow sleuthers! Given the archetypal themes that any case of alleged filicide raises, perhaps it's not surprising that references have been made in court of late to some heavy-hitting works of literature. Thought I would open a thread for conversation about these works and others that may come up--thus far it's Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird and The Stranger by Albert Camus.

Some very perceptive posts about these literary references have been posted in other threads--the metaphorical and allegorical possibilities clearly get many WSer's synapses a-poppin'--and I figured it might be helpful to create a book nook of sorts.

If you want to refresh your memory on either of these works before diving in, here's this:

SparkNotes on TKAM (http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/mocking/)

SparkNotes on The Stranger (http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/stranger/summary.html)

I will begin by saying I was quite surprised to hear AL come out of the gate with "The Stranger" and then even more surprised that she only focused on Meursault's non-reaction to his mother's death and ignored the rest of the book--I've never seen anyone quote an entire NOVEL "out of context" before. :banghead: However, AL did have the good sense to choose an absurdist/nihilist author to reference... :crazy:

annmarie62
05-12-2010, 10:09 PM
"Once a b*tch always a b*tch."- Jason Compson from Wm. Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury

ynotdivein
05-12-2010, 10:16 PM
"Once a b*tch always a b*tch."- Jason Compson from Wm. Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury

annmarie62, let us add "spiteful" to the Faulkner, and let your George Eliot sig line stand on its own merits in re: this case... :angel:

miss plum
05-12-2010, 10:22 PM
"Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."

--Blanche Dubois, from Tennessee Williams' A Streetcar Named Desire, speaking to the doctor who is leading her away to be incarcerated in a mental institution.

LinasK
05-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Dostoyevsky's "Crime and Punishment" has been mentioned, but Casey lacks a conscience, unlike the main character!:bang:

Pensfan
05-12-2010, 11:21 PM
:book:

Hi fellow sleuthers! Given the archetypal themes that any case of alleged filicide raises, perhaps it's not surprising that references have been made in court of late to some heavy-hitting works of literature. Thought I would open a thread for conversation about these works and others that may come up--thus far it's Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird and The Stranger by Albert Camus.

Some very perceptive posts about these literary references have been posted in other threads--the metaphorical and allegorical possibilities clearly get many WSer's synapses a-poppin'--and I figured it might be helpful to create a book nook of sorts.

If you want to refresh your memory on either of these works before diving in, here's this:

SparkNotes on TKAM (http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/mocking/)

SparkNotes on The Stranger (http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/stranger/summary.html)

I will begin by saying I was quite surprised to hear AL come out of the gate with "The Stranger" and then even more surprised that she only focused on Meursault's non-reaction to his mother's death and ignored the rest of the book--I've never seen anyone quote an entire NOVEL "out of context" before. :banghead: However, AL did have the good sense to choose an absurdist/nihilist author to reference... :crazy:
I was also surprised to learn AL attempted to utilize The Stranger to sway the Honorable Judge Perry against the DP for KC.

AL must have slept through a significant portion of the literature class that discussed The Stranger. This is not a book that encourages strong anti-death penalty sentiments for people like the defendant in the novel or people like KC. The defendant in this novel explains that he was never really able to feel any remorse for any of his actions in life. Comparing KC to this defendant directly implies that KC is also a violent sociopath. People do not feel sorry for violent sociopaths and spare them from the death penalty.

Horace Finklestein
05-12-2010, 11:27 PM
I have to mention Lady Macbeth and the "out d*** spot" line. Not trying to be funny, by the way.

cecybeans
05-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Well, as much as I'd love to think of literary allusions (I'm sort of thinking The House of Atreus as The House of Anthony) - and how much fun it will be trying to dress this up in finer cloth, somehow at first blush these folks lend themselves less to the Shakespeare set and more to the Suzanne (as in Jacqueline - although Spock did reference that as one of "the classics" in Star Trek IV, IIRC).

I say, let's open the field to all media and include our favorite literature, both new and old, films, television and even cartoon strips should they inspire. I've often said this is a movie that Tim Burton and John Waters could have directed. And at the end, we'll have a compendium of entertainment that Charles Addams would envy, not to mention a wonderful list of things to either read or reread and enjoy from a fresh perspective. What a great idea for something new to do, thanks for making this fun and educational ynot!!

Also, there is something absolutely Dickensian about the entire defense team. I wonder if anyone has casting ideas along those lines?

LinasK
05-12-2010, 11:36 PM
:wave:Okay, I vote for Perry Mason(Ironsides)! That's what Casey wants and we now have a Perry-Mason connection to this case!