PDA

View Full Version : 8/15/08 12 PM - Secret Meeting Just happened

Muzikman
08-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Reported by WKMG Local 6, not up on their website yet (I DVR'd and just watched, noon newscast)

Cindy Anthony just had a meeting with detectives, she obviously was avoiding press, parked around back but Local 6 saw her - she left a few minutes ago and had somebody from the OCSO pull her vehicle up to the back door.

No other details yet...

LI_Mom
08-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Reported by WKMG Local 6, not up on their website yet (I DVR'd and just watched, noon newscast)

Cindy Anthony just had a meeting with detectives, she obviously was avoiding press, parked around back but Local 6 saw her - she left a few minutes ago and had somebody from the OCSO pull her vehicle up to the back door.

No other details yet...

Uh oh.

Could they have found Caylee's body???

Or are they ready to charge Casey?

MD MOMMY
08-15-2008, 12:37 PM
UGH the shear suspense is enough to get me.

Muzikman
08-15-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm hoping they finally saw Cindy's Blog posting from July 3 and were grilling her about what happened between her and Casey.

I think if they had found Caylee both her and George would have been there.

Leila
08-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Oh my!

This is just my own speculation..........George and Cindy were upset going into the visit with Casey yesterday, and when they came out the didn't speak to reporters at all. One reporter said that after George got in the car, he was seen wiping tears from his eyes.

I wondered yesterday if something had changed.........did Casey tell them something?

Or, is LE getting ready to make some sort of announcement and called Cindy in to tell her first?

MIMOMMY
08-15-2008, 12:43 PM
You would think if its something "IMPORTANT" they would have BOTH been present?

Leila
08-15-2008, 12:44 PM

I would think they'd want both present, but perhaps George isn't feeling well or something.

MaggieMom
08-15-2008, 12:45 PM

Unless the "something important" involved both Casey and George...

Mendara
08-15-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm hoping they finally saw Cindy's Blog posting from July 3 and were grilling her about what happened between her and Casey.

I think if they had found Caylee both her and George would have been there.

i hope it didn't take this long for them to find it!

liltigress
08-15-2008, 12:58 PM
http://www.local6.com/news/17051279/detail.html

Video is up

JBean
08-15-2008, 01:00 PM

Video is up
Is that old? or new?

Fandy
08-15-2008, 01:01 PM
July 31? ooops?

impatientredhead
08-15-2008, 01:02 PM

Video is up

Cindy likes to talk more than George. George is supposedly out driving his sign (probably needs time alone, I would). Cindy may have questions for the detectives based on her visit with Casey yesterday.

wallflower67

George may not feel he could bear going with Cindy to hear bad news.

liltigress
Is that old? or new?

This is brand new. It's the video for "Secret Meeting, Getaway"

JBean
08-15-2008, 01:03 PM
This is brand new. It's the video for "Secret Meeting, Getaway"
It's dated 7-31..so you are not linking the article but the video..I see. misleading website.

sleuthmommy
08-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Fox showed a clip of George a little earlier and he just looked so resigned. Not his 'usual' self.

liltigress
08-15-2008, 01:04 PM
It's dated 7-31

I'm not talking about the story to the left. Look at the video links on the right beside the July 31 story. It's a new video.

JBean
08-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Fox showed a clip of George a little earlier and he just looked so resigned. Not his 'usual' self.
I think they are seeing the light and it's not looking to good.
Bless these poor people. What a terrible terrible tragedy this is.

Helpie Helperton
08-15-2008, 01:06 PM
It's dated 7-31..so you are not linking the article but the video..I see. misleading website.

It is to the right of the video dated 7-31 there is a list of links and it
is at the top titled "Secret Meeting" .

JBean
08-15-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm not talking about the story to the left. Look at the video links on the right beside the July 31 story. It's a new video.
yes I commented on that. It's a bit confusing just due to the headline on that page. But I figured it out. Thank you so much.

sleuthmommy
08-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Wow! So, Casey talked with Jose this morning and then a few hours later, Cindy discreetly heads to the police station and is definitely trying to hide from the press. I venture to wonder if George was against her going and Cindy went anyway?

Rhett
08-15-2008, 01:10 PM
What does new video show? I cannot watch videos at work? Please recap!

liltigress
08-15-2008, 01:10 PM
yes I commented on that. It's a bit confusing just due to the headline on that page. But I figured it out. Thank you so much.

YVW! Now we can all sit and scratch out heads wondering what she was talking to investigators about. :confused:

I understand her wanting to be incognito..

Oh, Fox News just reporting that "police interview missing girl's grandmother again"

MaggieMom
08-15-2008, 01:12 PM
What does new video show? I cannot watch videos at work? Please recap!

Then don't go to work. Casey didn't. :rolleyes:

liltigress
08-15-2008, 01:13 PM
The video just discussed a secret meeting and showed Cindy basically hiding from the media, parking in a gated lot behind the Sheriff's office. Some female came out and got her SUV for her, pulled it up close to a side door, hugged Cindy and she got in and drove away.

Leila
08-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Yesterday, George lost his temper with reporters going into the visit with Casey, and when he and Cindy came out from the visit, both avoided the reporter's questions. One reporter said that George was seen wiping tears from his eyes.

Then this morning, Cindy's meeting with the detectives, parking at the rear of the building away from reporters. LE seem to help Cindy by getting her car for her and parking it nearer the back entrance, and Cindy hugged the female LE before getting into the car. It doesn't sound like the meeing lasted very long.

Something has changed, and my guess is that Casey may have said something that cast doubt on her original story.

coltsgal
08-15-2008, 01:15 PM
If they find Caylee, dead or alive, how long would it take before the press and the public find out about it? Immediately? Hours?

LinetteH
08-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Foxnews just covered the secret meeting but never got into detials. Gretchen did ask Phil Keating if it was true about the family thinking about getting a spokesperson...they must read here!!!!

JBean
08-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Yesterday, George lost his temper with reporters going into the visit with Casey, and when he and Cindy came out from the visit, both avoided the reporter's questions. One reporter said that George was seen wiping tears from his eyes.

Then this morning, Cindy's meeting with the detectives, parking at the rear of the building away from reporters. LE seem to help Cindy by getting her car for her and parking it nearer the back entrance, and Cindy hugged the female LE before getting into the car. It doesn't sound like the meeing lasted very long.

Something has changed, and my guess is that Casey may have said something that cast doubt on her original story.
Can you imagine all the lights going on for this poor couple and the ramifications of those realizations?
I feel so bad for the Anthony's and I wish I could reach out and support them somehow. They have been trying to keep everything from collapsing on them, but they are probably coming to terms with the fact that it is a tumblin down around them right now.

Muzikman
08-15-2008, 01:17 PM
i hope it didn't take this long for them to find it!

I would hope so too, but they have so much information to sift through it could have easily slipped through the cracks.

I would think they would have had to have 1 or 2 detectives doing nothing but web research. I hope they did anyway! A lot of good information from Myspace postings related to Casey's timeline.

I know Jose requested Myspace and Facebook records, I wonder if LE did too? Or will they be able to look at what he requested?

liltigress
08-15-2008, 01:18 PM
So Baez had a meeting with Casey last night then LE calls Cindy in to interview her again today, where she hid her vehicle in the back parking lot from the media.

Lee has a meeting scheduled with Casey tomorrow at 1pm. Cindy and George have a meeting set up for Monday at 9am.

Leila
08-15-2008, 01:20 PM
If they find Caylee, dead or alive, how long would it take before the press and the public find out about it? Immediately? Hours?

I think it depends on the circumstances. If the media sees a lot of police cars converging on a particular area, and the medical examiner's car, the media will be reporting on the discovery as it happens.

I'm just about ready to leave for the day, so if anything happens today, I'm depending on all here to report on it. :)

ShouldBWorking
08-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Can you imagine all the lights going on for this poor couple and the ramifications of those realizations?
I feel so bad for the Anthony's and I wish I could reach out and support them somehow. They have been trying to keep everything from collapsing on them, but they are probably coming to terms with the fact that it is a tumblin down around them right now.

I am mailing them a card today, they break my heart

Chezhire
08-15-2008, 01:24 PM
I think they are seeing the light and it's not looking to good.
Bless these poor people. What a terrible terrible tragedy this is.

I am really hating this for the Anthonys. :(:(:(

Thinking_Out_Loud
08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Or.... Cindy wanted to tell LE more about Caylee and the kidnapper. She has been saying for over a week that she and Casey have not been meeting because they do not want the aledged kidnapper to think that they have been divulging information. Thus, if Casey told her something about the aforementioned kidnapper, Cindy would want to notify LE without the kidnapper knowing. Hence, she avoids media attention so the kidnapper will not witness Cindy and LE's rendezvous.

That is my opinion.

Chezhire
08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
So Baez had a meeting with Casey last night then LE calls Cindy in to interview her again today, where she hid her vehicle in the back parking lot from the media.

Lee has a meeting scheduled with Casey tomorrow at 1pm. Cindy and George have a meeting set up for Monday at 9am.

You know, it just could be that Cindy doesn't want her every move with meeting with LE videoed for the television...maybe she didn't want her daughter or daughter's attorney seeing her visit televised...???

Chezhire
08-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Or.... Cindy wanted to tell LE more about Caylee and the kidnapper. She has been saying for over a week that she and Casey have not been meeting because they do not want the aledged kidnapper to think that they have been divulging information. Thus, if Casey told her something about the aforementioned kidnapper, Cindy would want to notify LE without the kidnapper knowing. Hence, she avoids media attention so the kidnapper will not witness Cindy and LE's rendezvous.

That is my opinion.

...or could be this, too...

Dr. Pennypacker
08-15-2008, 01:27 PM

That is my opinion.

I concur.

dreamfeather
08-15-2008, 01:27 PM
I've flipped back and forth on my feelings for the GPs. Frustration, anger, sometimes even thinking they're completely off the deep end.

I've settled on the opinion that they're just in deep, deep denial. They'll say and do anything to make things like they used to be again. They've probably spend most of Casey's life making everything better, fixing it. But I'm thinking that this is not something that can ever be undone.

How awful it must be to have to choose between your child and your grandchild, and that's the spot they're in.

ebrich
08-15-2008, 01:28 PM

That is my opinion.

I hope zanny doesn't read here too.

LI_Mom
08-15-2008, 01:28 PM

That is my opinion.

Or maybe Cindy wants to tell LE all about the new hot tip they got the other day... from that person who was too afraid to contact anyone for 4 weeks? :rolleyes:

Dr. Pennypacker
08-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Or maybe Cindy wants to tell LE all about the new hot tip they got the other day... from that person who was too afraid to contact anyone for 4 weeks? :rolleyes:

I agree it's something meaningless like that.

liltigress
08-15-2008, 01:30 PM
You know, it just could be that Cindy doesn't want her every move with meeting with LE videoed for the television...maybe she didn't want her daughter or daughter's attorney seeing her visit televised...???

I'm sure she doesn't want it televised. I'm sure none of them want their worst and most horrific experiences in this whole mess televised. I thought it was interesting that investigators wanted to interview her again, so it wasn't a choice of Cindy's, it sounds like a request from LE. In that sense, I bet it won't be a big secret from George, not sure about Baez though.

Thinking_Out_Loud
08-15-2008, 01:32 PM
I hope zanny doesn't read here too.

Well, if there really is a kidnapper, then I would think that she/he would use a little deductive reasoning of their own. IMO, if this kidnapper exists, they already shipped Caylee off somewhere else that is far away from media attention, or they have her on lock down. Poor baby either way you look at it.

impatientredhead
08-15-2008, 01:33 PM

After Cindy's first phone call with Casey in jail where Casey made it clear she didn't like being mom saying she was unclear about Casey's involvement I think we have seen Cindy reeling/melting down/and in denial.

We know on the third of July Cindy felt punished by Casey taking Caylee from her, and she felt it was undeserved. Her wild and illogical statements about the kidnappers/we know who has her/this is a missing child case/look for her, all seem like submissive posturing to Casey. Casey, who if there is a one in a million chance Caylee is alive, has the only ability to tell her where she is. I don't think Cindy believes the nanny story at all, but wants/wanted to believe there was another story and if she did all the "right" things, said Casey was being brave and mother of the year, and that she believed this fairytale maybe Casey would stop punishing her and bring Caylee home.

Yes logically she has to know something horrible happened to Caylee, but if you don't have a body yet it is totally normal to cling to the what ifs. If your child was missing and they told you statistically and circumstansially we have to think they are dead, and it made sense on every level logically, but they couldn't give you a body how long would you hold out hope that they were wrong? That is how victims families get taken advantage of by people who prey off of that hope. I feel horrible for everyone that Casey has involved in this.

Chezhire
08-15-2008, 01:36 PM
After Cindy's first phone call with Casey in jail where Casey made it clear she didn't like being mom saying she was unclear about Casey's involvement I think we have seen Cindy reeling/melting down/and in denial.

We know on the third of July Cindy felt punished by Casey taking Caylee from her, and she felt it was undeserved. Her wild and illogical statements about the kidnappers/we know who has her/this is a missing child case/look for all seem like submissive posturing to Casey. Casey, who if there is a one in a million chance Caylee is alive, has the only ability to tell her where she is. I don't think Cindy believes the nanny story at all, but wants/wanted to believe there was another story and if she did all the "right" things, said Casey was being brave and mother of the year, and that she believed this fairytale maybe Casey would stop punishing her and bring Caylee home.

Yes logically she has to know something horrible happened to Caylee, but if you don't have a body yet it is totally normal to cling to the what ifs. If your child was missing and they told you statistically and circumstansially we have to think they are dead, and it made sense on every level logically, but they couldn't give you a body how long would you hold out hope that they were wrong? That is how victims families get taken advantage of by people who prey off of that hope. I feel horrible for everyone that Casey has involved in this.

...but don't forget what Cindy wrote: "...the only thing I'm guilty of is ..." makes me wonder if she suspected at this point in time, at the latest, that her daughter was guilty of a lot of things she probably doesn't want to "go there" about...:confused:

impatientredhead
08-15-2008, 01:43 PM
...but don't forget what Cindy wrote: "...the only thing I'm guilty of is ..." makes me wonder if she suspected at this point in time, at the latest, that her daughter was guilty of a lot of things she probably doesn't want to "go there" about...:confused:

I read that as the only thing Casey could have to punish her (by withholding Caylee) is because Cindy loved to much or whatever wording she used there.

LI_Mom
08-15-2008, 01:46 PM
I read that as the only thing Casey could have to punish her (by withholding Caylee) is because Cindy loved to much or whatever wording she used there.

Me too....

Sounds like typical 'guilt trip' words from a mom. lol

Chezhire
08-15-2008, 01:46 PM

I read it as knowing that someone other than herself is guilty of something...

sweetmop
08-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Seeing the female LE officer go out and retrieve Cindy's car, and then they hug before Cindy gets into the car, makes me think that there may have been some type of an emotional revelation in the case somehow.
Either Casey has confessed or they found Caylee's body.

liltigress
08-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Seeing the female LE officer go out and retrieve Cindy's car, and then they hug before Cindy gets into the car, makes me think that there may have been some type of an emotional revelation in the case somehow.

Yeah, there was something emotional to that meeting, seems like to me also.

Chezhire
08-15-2008, 01:53 PM
sweetmop Seeing the female LE officer go out and retrieve Cindy's car, and then they hug before Cindy gets into the car, makes me think that there may have been some type of an emotional revelation in the case somehow.

or she's simply in tears and doesn't want to be videoed...this has GOT to be hard on the GPs...

ShouldBWorking
08-15-2008, 01:53 PM

wonder if the female is a victims advocate? I think we discussed that once before

sweetmop
08-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Yeah, there was something emotional to that meeting, seems like to me also.

I wish we'd hear more news about what's happening.
This case is going to soon drive me nuts!:crazy:

JBean
08-15-2008, 01:55 PM
oh that is very telling. thank you.

tx_Dot

That is my opinion.

*If* Casey told Cindy anything @ yesterday's visit, LE already knows it, as all visits are recorded (but not all are released).

and *if* Cindy wants to avoid attention from the media (and *kidnappers*)
why not simply CALL LE ??

swanniee11

I would think if this were the case, they would have wanted to see George/Cindy and probably Lee at the same time. IMO.

Openmyeyes
08-15-2008, 01:57 PM
I don't know if it was quite as dramatic as a confession or Caylee being found. They probably would have had to keep her there alot longer and wouldn't dare let her drive in the emotional condition she would have been in.

It could have been a head's up on some new search or that they disproved her latest tip from that caller or that they needed her to clear up some more details from her various interviews.

I think when the hammer does come down they will either go to her house and will make sure that George and Lee are there with her. To me nothing, would be more cruel than to call them into the station, tell them the worst news possible and let them drive out into the throngs of media out there, whether it be on LE property or their driveway.

OME

DAWN TREADER
08-15-2008, 01:58 PM
One possibility is LE has tightened up the timeline with the use of the cell phone tower "pings", landline phone records and credit card transactions and wanted to interview Cindy about their findings or any questions they may have. Another possibility is they have made some progress on tips they've received and wanted to
share the information with Cindy. I think it's still too soon for any test results to be returned but maybe not. Hopefully GVS or NG are on the ball and will have something more definitive to report on this meeting tonight.

liltigress
08-15-2008, 01:59 PM
I wish we'd hear more news about what's happening.
This case is going to soon drive me nuts!:crazy:

Lol.. I'll see you when you get there, I'm already nuts from this case. :bang:

DianeB
I dunno. It wasn't much of a secret meeting, since it's on the news.

How do we know that Cindy's pulling the car around to the back wasn't suggested by LE as a way for her to avoid having to run the press gauntlet on her way into the building? LE has been advising the parents to cool it with the media.

Maybe they were re-hashing whatever conversation occurred during the Casey visit yesterday.

amandab
Maybe I've missed something, but is Cindy *still* there?

sweetmop
08-15-2008, 02:00 PM
sweetmop Seeing the female LE officer go out and retrieve Cindy's car, and then they hug before Cindy gets into the car, makes me think that there may have been some type of an emotional revelation in the case somehow.

or she's simply in tears and doesn't want to be videoed...this has GOT to be hard on the GPs...

No doubt it is extemely difficult!
I'd already be in the loony bin if I were going through something like this!:smilingface (52):

sweetmop
08-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Report coming up on FOX News. ( supposedly )

DianeB
08-15-2008, 02:01 PM
I don't know if it was quite as dramatic as a confession or Caylee being found. They probably would have had to keep her there alot longer and wouldn't dare let her drive in the emotional condition she would have been in.

It could have been a head's up on some new search or that they disproved her latest tip from that caller or that they needed her to clear up some more details from her various interviews.

I think when the hammer does come down they will either go to her house and will make sure that George and Lee are there with her. To me nothing, would be more cruel than to call them into the station, tell them the worst news possible and let them drive out into the throngs of media out there, whether it be on LE property or their driveway.

OME

Excellent points.:clap:

cjm11
08-15-2008, 02:03 PM

OME

I agree. The GP's said they have a standing appt to discuss things a couple of times a week. I think LE finally got it through the GP's head that they are not helping find Caylee by being in the media and making "bizarre" statements all the time. I think the media coverage will start dying down until something major comes up. The LE is finally getting some control over the situation.

DAWN TREADER
08-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Wonder if Cindy and George asked Casey why she was in or near a wooded area by the airport when they met with her yesterday, assuming they are aware of the cell phone pings being discussed. If it was me, I would surely be asking for an explanation on this issue and any others in the hope that the answers would lead to finding Caylee one way or another. Seeing Casey has to help the Anthony's in terms of their concern for her but I suspect there is a lot of tension between the three of them, as well.

Chezhire
08-15-2008, 02:17 PM
No doubt it is extemely difficult!
I'd already be in the loony bin if I were going through something like this!:smilingface (52):

Wouldn't we all... heck, I'm worried as all get out and this child's not even mine...:eek::eek::eek:

Chezhire
08-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Wonder if Cindy and George asked Casey why she was in or near a wooded area by the airport when they met with her yesterday, assuming they are aware of the cell phone pings being discussed. If it was me, I would surely be asking for an explanation on this issue and any others in the hope that the answers would lead to finding Caylee one way or another. Seeing Casey has to help the Anthony's in terms of their concern for her but I suspect there is a lot of tension between the three of them, as well.

WOuldn't you think that Casey's meet with Baez last night would've prepped her for what to say and not say... I mean, wouldn't he have reminded her not to open her mouth??? especially if she's told him she did it???

Chezhire
08-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Maybe I've missed something, but is Cindy *still* there?

amandab - she left after the LE female brought the car around to the back door...after they hugged each other, too...

QuickAttack
08-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Possibilities:

1) DNA results are back. LE has informed Casey and Baez that they show that Caylee was dead in that trunk.

2) Letting Cindy know that Casey is about to be charged with 2nd degree murder.

3) Maybe an offer to Casey: "Tell us where the body is, and we'll take the DP off the table."

daisy7
08-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Do we know how long Cindy met with them? Did I miss this?

liltigress
08-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Do we know how long Cindy met with them? Did I miss this?

Fox reported about an hour.

Thinking_Out_Loud
08-15-2008, 02:37 PM
*If* Casey told Cindy anything @ yesterday's visit, LE already knows it, as all visits are recorded (but not all are released).

and *if* Cindy wants to avoid attention from the media (and *kidnappers*)
why not simply CALL LE ??

*shrugs* Why do they do most of the things they do? I was just basing this on the warrant and affidavit. It was mentioned that Cindy had told LE during an in-person-chat how to contact certain inividuals relating to the case. LE later checked the video for confirmation.

diablo
08-15-2008, 02:47 PM

OME

agreed.

LoriKeet
08-15-2008, 02:51 PM
I've flipped back and forth on my feelings for the GPs. Frustration, anger, sometimes even thinking they're completely off the deep end.

I've settled on the opinion that they're just in deep, deep denial. They'll say and do anything to make things like they used to be again. They've probably spend most of Casey's life making everything better, fixing it. But I'm thinking that this is not something that can ever be undone.

How awful it must be to have to choose between your child and your grandchild, and that's the spot they're in.

I feel the same way! I really hope when all is said and done, that it is clear that George and Cindy did not intentionally attempt to cover it up...just that they were afraid to "go there."

However, when it comes to the nature of the crime...we're not talking about some misdemeanor type crime...I would be saying EVERYTHING I knew, or could think of...no matter how relevant it was...for the sake of my helpless grandchild. If my daughter was truly innocent, the facts would prove it.

SeriouslySearching
08-15-2008, 02:59 PM

OMEActually, it is standard procedure for the family to be called into the department to hear the news. Happens all over the country and I could point you to various cases where this procedure was followed, but they give the family time to congregate together.

LI_Mom
08-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Actually, it is standard procedure for the family to be called into the department to hear the news. Happens all over the country and I could point you to various cases where this procedure was followed, but they give the family time to congregate together.

Given the media attention in this case, would they do that in this case?

Although, you have to think LE is SO annoyed with the way this family has defended Casey at every turn... they might not care much about protecting them from the media.... pushing all their buttons might be their best bet for getting some truth.

LoriKeet
08-15-2008, 03:05 PM
I would think if this were the case, they would have wanted to see George/Cindy and probably Lee at the same time. IMO.

Maybe they wanted to show her some evidence...a report, pictures, video..something to PROVE what they were saying, as opposed to just telling them, and the GPs having to take their word for it.

GizzySmith
08-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Hope this direct links words for those that cannot find it
http://mfile.akamai.com/12909/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2008/0815/17200883.200k.asx

QuickAttack
08-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Maybe they wanted to show her some evidence...a report, pictures, video..something to PROVE what they were saying, as opposed to just telling them, and the GPs having to take their word for it.

Like I said on the previous page, it's time for DNA and other forensics to be back. LE doesn't HAVE to release those to the public, but there's a very real possibility that they would call in the defendant's mother (especially this one) to let her know that the case is now moving into a murder investigation. This makes sense, especially if LE met with Baez and Casey earlier today.

impatientredhead
08-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Like I said on the previous page, it's time for DNA and other forensics to be back. LE doesn't HAVE to release those to the public, but there's a very real possibility that they would call in the defendant's mother (especially this one) to let her know that the case is now moving into a murder investigation. This makes sense, especially if LE met with Baez and Casey earlier today.

Baez has been meeting with Casey every other day on average, I wouldn't consider that to be a sign. There are probably many back to back meetings of Casey/Baez and then the LE/family. They probably realize talking to the press is not helpful at this point, they are not ready to say they think Caylee is gone, and they get blasted when they say they think she is alive. Avoiding the press is probably a good thing for them.

QuickAttack
08-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Hope this direct links words for those that cannot find it
http://mfile.akamai.com/12909/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2008/0815/17200883.200k.asx

That's the first time I've seen her leave the OSCO office with a handful of paperwork.

Wonder what those papers were...the ones you can see her putting in the SUV before she gets in.

SeriouslySearching
08-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Given the media attention in this case, would they do that in this case?

Although, you have to think LE is SO annoyed with the way this family has defended Casey at every turn... they might not care much about protecting them from the media.... pushing all their buttons might be their best bet for getting some truth.Yes, they would as they have in other very high profile cases when news of a body surfaced.

You are right...I don't see LE as being overly concerned about them being harrassed by the media as they have asked for it.

SeriouslySearching
08-15-2008, 03:42 PM
That's the first time I've seen her leave the OSCO office with a handful of paperwork.

Wonder what those papers were...the ones you can see her putting in the SUV before she gets in.Probably copies of the Sunshine Law. LOL Or wait...maybe they are sightings of Caylee for the family to track down. :rolleyes:

Diamond
08-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Baez has been meeting with Casey every other day on average, I wouldn't consider that to be a sign. There are probably many back to back meetings of Casey/Baez and then the LE/family. They probably realize talking to the press is not helpful at this point, they are not ready to say they think Caylee is gone, and they get blasted when they say they think she is alive. Avoiding the press is probably a good thing for them.

I'm thinking it was something along those lines...nothing big. They may just want to keep meetings quiet from Casey. Who knows...

QuickAttack
08-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Probably copies of the Sunshine Law. LOL Or wait...maybe they are sightings of Caylee for the family to track down. :rolleyes:

Or a STFU letter from the sheriff.

:p

passin_through
08-15-2008, 04:13 PM
didn't I read the Anthony's had also requested (as did Casey's atty) info on the dogs? Could it be the information about the dogs that she had in her hands?

STEADFAST
08-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Maybe it was instructions for Casey's home confinement when she gets out Monday.

QuickAttack
08-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Maybe it was instructions for Casey's home confinement when she gets out Monday.

I don't think they'd start that process until the bond has been posted.

It's not going to be posted until Sunday, and anything could happen between now and then.

texasgirl
08-15-2008, 05:55 PM

Wonder what those papers were...the ones you can see her putting in the SUV before she gets in.

Maybe it's stationery? :crazy:

pizmex
08-15-2008, 11:39 PM

That is my opinion.

What kidnapper? The kidnapper that was the nanny? The kidnapper that was the nanny that not only stole Caylee but was also the nanny that was nannying Caylee for over a year? The kidnapper nanny that was nannying Caylee for over a year even though no one other than Casey ever saw this kidnapper? The nanny kidnapper for which no phone records or computer email records exist showing communications between said kidnapper nanny and any member of the Anthony family? So that you'd have to believe that for over a year, every time Casey took Caylee over to the nanny for some nannying, they communicated by smoke signals to coordinate meetings? The kidnapper nanny that nannied Caylee for over a year yet never came to the Anthony house to pick up Caylee?

That kidnapper?

wedavis
08-15-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm sure she doesn't want it televised. I'm sure none of them want their worst and most horrific experiences in this whole mess televised. I thought it was interesting that investigators wanted to interview her again, so it wasn't a choice of Cindy's, it sounds like a request from LE. In that sense, I bet it won't be a big secret from George, not sure about Baez though.

The final straw to her probably, in regards to the media, was just the other day when they were asking cruel questions and George snapped. Maybe she has had enough and was simply avoiding them...

OneLostGrl
08-15-2008, 11:58 PM
I feel the same way! I really hope when all is said and done, that it is clear that George and Cindy did not intentionally attempt to cover it up...just that they were afraid to "go there."

However, when it comes to the nature of the crime...we're not talking about some misdemeanor type crime...I would be saying EVERYTHING I knew, or could think of...no matter how relevant it was...for the sake of my helpless grandchild. If my daughter was truly innocent, the facts would prove it.

I don't know how people can keep saying this. "If it were me I'd.." "If my daughter killed my grandchild I'd..."

You do not know what you would do. You like to think you would know how you would react but one just does not know unless in the situation.