PDA

View Full Version : The Padillas, assumptions, LE, etc.

tabbykiki
08-17-2008, 12:56 PM
When I first heard about the bond being posted for Casey by the Padilla's I was furious. Now that I've had some time to think about it and read Tony Padilla's postings here on WS I have some new thoughts.

1. Could the Padilla's be working in conjunction with LE? Remember, Tony nor Leonard have said whom contacted them. They did say (on NG & Greta, etc) that they have been in contact with Baez and NOT in contact with the family. They have not said whom else initiated the contact (if anyone else). It was also reported on Greta that the family had no prior knowledge of this by one of Orlando's reporters. Why wouldn't Baez notify the family??? Especially if they are paying him...

2. Whom has the greatest benefit of Casey being bailed out? One could argue Leonard does due to the publicity. But if you read Tony's words (and listed to Leonard on tv) they continually say they just want to find this baby. That is the main goal. Isn't that LE's main goal as well?

3. The public appearances. Leonard Padilla had to go on tv after this was leaked. The public was outraged as can be seen on many of the boards out there, including Orlando news boards. Leonard is doing damage control. He is also saying things that he knows Casey will hear and see on tv. He's a pretty smart man. I totally take back what I said earlier. I think he knows what he's doing here.

I now believe this may be a good thing and I am questioning whom is behind this. Let her get out of jail. Let her confess or tell the Padillas or LE where this baby is.

We owe it to the family and to Caylee to bring her home and give her a decent burial if she is indeed gone.

txelaine1
08-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Eyewitness News learned that a third party, only identified as a well-known journalist, put Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, in contact with Tony Padilla Bail Bonds in Sacramento.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17202561/detail.html

Wonder what Rita Cosby is up to these days?

ShouldBWorking
08-17-2008, 12:58 PM
I vote Geraldo

tabbykiki
08-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Eyewitness News learned that a third party, only identified as a well-known journalist, put Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, in contact with Tony Padilla Bail Bonds in Sacramento.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17202561/detail.html

Wonder what Rita Cosby is up to these days?

HMMMMM.... I suppose if LE ends up adding more charges to increase the bond, we'll know that LE is not behind this.

What would the journalist have to gain for making the connection? Book deals?

Bobby62
08-17-2008, 01:01 PM
I vote Geraldo

Me too.

txelaine1
08-17-2008, 01:07 PM
I vote Geraldo

You know, the Padilla's do seem more like a Geraldo-type family. I bet you are right.

Still, I do wonder what Rita Cosby is up to these days. Last I saw was her defending book on Danny Lynn's father. Wonder if there is still a lawsuit pending...

Bobby62
08-17-2008, 01:09 PM
HMMMMM.... I suppose if LE ends up adding more charges to increase the bond, we'll know that LE is not behind this.

If the journalist increases viewership just a few percentage points, advertising dollars go up. While it seems self serving , I do not care if they profit if they find Caylee.

I also don't care if Leonard gives her a half gallon of tequilla, hypnotizes, snake charms, buddies up with or scares her to loosen her lips and make her tell the truth. I care about results, obtained within the constitution. He is a bounty hunter and not held to the standards that LE is. Seems to be a pretty sharp guy. I wish him good luck. And if he sells a book, tv deal, movie, or magazine article after finding Caylee, I am OK with it.

ebrich
08-17-2008, 01:14 PM
That is the first thing I asked when I spoke to Leonard. He said he was not working with LE. He said he doesn't work with them, and wont.

wallflower67
08-17-2008, 01:15 PM
If the journalist increases viewership just a few percentage points, advertising dollars go up. While it seems self serving , I do not care if they profit if they find Caylee.

I also don't care if Leonard gives her a half gallon of tequilla, hypnotizes, snake charms, buddies up with or scares her to loosen her lips and make her tell the truth. I care about results, obtained within the constitution. He is a bounty hunter and not held to the standards that LE is. Seems to be a pretty sharp guy. I wish him good luck. And if he sells a book, tv deal, movie, or magazine article after finding Caylee, I am OK with it.

Same here. I don't care if someone makes money off the case. Someone will anyway...an attny, a retired LE, the Anthonys. Might as well be the Padillas.

Just find the kid. to me, money is irrelevant. Finding Caylee is important.

wallflower67
08-17-2008, 01:17 PM
The clothes that were found look like size 5 jr, not size 5 toddler. But I AM wondering who they belong to. Is this area just some teenagers' hangout? Or will they find another missing person's body back there.

Fandy
08-17-2008, 01:18 PM

I agree, let him feed Casey's ego, be her new BFF, let him pretend to be on her side...whatever it takes to make her open her mouth and talk.

tabbykiki
08-17-2008, 01:20 PM
That is the first thing I asked when I spoke to Leonard. He said he was not working with LE. He said he doesn't work with them, and wont.

Really? Didn't Tony Padilla say in his thread here at WS that Leonard works well with LE??? I know I read that somewhere...

kathyn2
08-17-2008, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't mind Mr. Padilla so much if he wasn't WORKING FOR JOSE BAEZ! If the Padilla's find that casey did something criminal do you really think they are going to tell LE? No, they won't. They will tell Baez.

SeriouslySearching
08-17-2008, 01:29 PM
When I first heard about the bond being posted for Casey by the Padilla's I was furious. Now that I've had some time to think about it and read Tony Padilla's postings here on WS I have some new thoughts.

1. Could the Padilla's be working in conjunction with LE? Remember, Tony nor Leonard have said whom contacted them. They did say (on NG & Greta, etc) that they have been in contact with Baez and NOT in contact with the family. They have not said whom else initiated the contact (if anyone else). It was also reported on Greta that the family had no prior knowledge of this by one of Orlando's reporters. Why wouldn't Baez notify the family??? Especially if they are paying him... No bounty hunter works for LE!

We have been unable to find out where he is being paid or if the work is pro bono to my knowledge. Frankly, I don't think the family can afford him and we know Casey cannot.

2. Whom has the greatest benefit of Casey being bailed out? One could argue Leonard does due to the publicity. But if you read Tony's words (and listen to Leonard on tv) they continually say they just want to find this baby. That is the main goal. Isn't that LE's main goal as well? No, actually it isn't. Their main goal is to garner enough evidence to develop a working theory and to bring that evidence to the prosecutor in the case in order to obtain a conviction on charges they brought against Casey. While they are working parallel investigations as missing person/possible homicide, they are not pursuing leads further than to verify lies Casey has told them, imo. They are only working "credible" leads as it appears, too. (Altho, they would avidly say that isn't true.)

3. The public appearances. Leonard Padilla had to go on tv after this was leaked. The public was outraged as can be seen on many of the boards out there, including Orlando news boards. Leonard is doing damage control. He is also saying things that he knows Casey will hear and see on tv. He's a pretty smart man. I totally take back what I said earlier. I think he knows what he's doing here.I do hope they know what they are doing here. It is a risky move. However, it is a good point that a bounty hunter is not LE and does not have to be held to that standard of getting information.

I now believe this may be a good thing and I am questioning whom is behind this. Let her get out of jail. Let her confess or tell the Padillas or LE where this baby is.

We owe it to the family and to Caylee to bring her home and give her a decent burial if she is indeed gone.While I don't feel we owe anything to a family that will continually lie and cover up for any wrongdoing in this case, we do owe it to Caylee as she is the innocent victim here. The child can't help the family she was born into and she deserves justice for being tossed away like some insignificant plaything of Casey's. 31 days says that dead or alive, the Anthonys all allowed it to happen and continue.

ebrich
08-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Really? Didn't Tony Padilla say in his thread here at WS that Leonard works well with LE??? I know I read that somewhere...

Yes, he did say that.

whiteangora
08-17-2008, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't mind Mr. Padilla so much if he wasn't WORKING FOR JOSE BAEZ! If the Padilla's find that casey did something criminal do you really think they are going to tell LE? No, they won't. They will tell Baez.

I'm hoping the right thing will be done, with holding information about Caylee would be a crime after all. I don't think anyone wants to go to jail.
Mr Padilla and his nephew did not get where they are in this world by being dumb. jmo
But, I still think Ms Casey is exactly where she belongs in her jail call. moo

TripleA
08-17-2008, 01:31 PM
I just can't figure out what purpose there is in releasing Casey to house arrest. What good will it do? Who does it benefit besides Casey? If she is not willing to talk while in isolation, then she certainly is not going to be truthful once she is at home.

The only thing that will come of her release is monetary gain and notoriety for those surrounding her. How does that help Caylee?

Will Casey be allowed internet access, telephone access, and/or visitors? Will she be suffering even half as much as she is while isolated in jail? Will she be stuck eating bologna sandwiches any more?

I think it is ridiculous for anyone, other than her own family members, to give her the benefit of being out of jail. If I had the money I would put it towards organized searches, and definitely not using to benefit a mother who is not willing to let her own baby rest in peace.

Bobby62
08-17-2008, 01:32 PM

The articles I read said he was working for a well known journalist from NY that had been contacted by Jose. He is apparently trying to get to the bottom of things, not serve Casey or her atty.

TripleA
08-17-2008, 01:34 PM
http://www.wftv.com/news/16924162/detail.html

"The pair says they have faith in their daughter and are paying for her attorney."

whiteangora
08-17-2008, 01:38 PM

"The pair says they have faith in their daughter and are paying for her attorney."

I have to wonder HOW? Maybe some sort of agreement for a future project?

Bobby62
08-17-2008, 01:40 PM

In one of the first interviews after Jose got involved Cindy said that they were not paying for her atty. She was asked who was and answered "Don't worry about it."

Which statement is an "Untruth"?

SeriouslySearching
08-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Really? Didn't Tony Padilla say in his thread here at WS that Leonard works well with LE??? I know I read that somewhere...Yes and I would have to say this is true. Most bounty hunters I know personally do work have a good working relationship with LE.

The laws are not black and white for bounty hunters and they can do things that would put LE across the line many times over...which is part of the reason the gray area is left open for them. They are going after criminals to return them to jail by using whatever means neccessary to do so. This is a huge benefit to LE and the prosecution in any case where a defendant takes off. No bounty hunter works for LE! WITH is a different story. There are times when they are required to inform LE and have them present for a take down, if I remember correctly.

TripleA
08-17-2008, 01:43 PM
In one of the first interviews after Jose got involved Cindy said that they were not paying for her atty. She was asked who was and answered "Don't worry about it."

Which statement is an "Untruth"?

She said "Don't worry about it" not "We are not".

SeriouslySearching
08-17-2008, 01:44 PM

Which statement is an "Untruth"?While this isn't the correct thread to discuss this, please tell me when we started believing that anything out of Cindy Anthony's mouth was the truth and nothing but the truth?! :waitasec: I obviously did not get that memo.

zadari
08-17-2008, 01:50 PM
I just can't figure out what purpose there is in releasing Casey to house arrest. What good will it do? Who does it benefit besides Casey? If she is not willing to talk while in isolation, then she certainly is not going to be truthful once she is at home.

The only thing that will come of her release is monetary gain and notoriety for those surrounding her. How does that help Caylee?

Will Casey be allowed internet access, telephone access, and/or visitors? Will she be suffering even half as much as she is while isolated in jail? Will she be stuck eating bologna sandwiches any more?

I think it is ridiculous for anyone, other than her own family members, to give her the benefit of being out of jail. If I had the money I would put it towards organized searches, and definitely not using to benefit a mother who is not willing to let her own baby rest in peace.

she will be around constant reminders of caylee if she has any type of remorse it would come out where she lived with her child .. she hadnt been living there after her child disappeared that i know of she was there but not constantly .. sometimes surroundings will affect how someone behaves if she changes in any way cries alot ect breaks down ect .. while in jail she is detatched from all that she isnt around her childs toys clothes or bedding that has the babys scent .

Adrienne37
08-17-2008, 01:53 PM
While I don't feel we owe anything to a family that will continually lie and cover up for any wrongdoing in this case, we do owe it to Caylee as she is the innocent victim here. The child can't help the family she was born into and she deserves justice for being tossed away like some insignificant plaything of Casey's. 31 days says that dead or alive, the Anthonys all allowed it to happen and continue.

Thank you so much for posting this SeriouslySearching. I was just on the verge of posting the same thing.

This is about what is owed to CAYLEE and no one else.

TripleA
08-17-2008, 01:53 PM
she will be around constant reminders of caylee if she has any type of remorse it would come out where she lived with her child .. she hadnt been living there after her child disappeared that i know of she was there but not constantly .. sometimes surroundings will affect how someone behaves if she changes in any way cries alot ect breaks down ect .. while in jail she is detatched from all that she isnt around her childs toys clothes or bedding that has the babys scent .

I can hold a bit of hope for that reaction from her, but not much. She has been partying for a month for goodness sake. I am not thinking that she doesn't care about what happened to Caylee, I just think that she cares about her own life more. She will nt give up the opportunity of walking away unscathed.

Bobby62
08-17-2008, 01:54 PM
She said "Don't worry about it" not "We are not".

I have been searching for the video and cannot find it. She said they were not paying for him, that he would be paid and don't worry about it when asked who was.

zadari
08-17-2008, 01:57 PM
I can hold a bit of hope for that reaction from her, but not much. She has been partying for a month for goodness sake. I am not thinking that she doesn't care about what happened to Caylee, I just think that she cares about her own life more. She will nt give up the opportunity of walking away unscathed. i understand what you mean .. but the partying still stopped her from being around the reminders . caylee wasnt with her when she partied at least i hope not . that could be why she was out partying . or you could be right she just doesnt care for caylee more :frown:

olive
08-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Why does Padilla feel that bailing out Casey will help locate Caylee? Is he under the assumption that Casey will talk and tell the truth if she is OUT of jail? If so, why does he think that? Her history speaks differently.

Padilla stated he and his uncle just want to find Caylee. How does bailing Casey out help accomplish this? I'm really confused.

Who is going to pay the Padilla's back their 500,000 should something go wrong?

strach304
08-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Why does Padilla feel that bailing out Casey will help locate Caylee? Is he under the assumption that Casey will talk and tell the truth if she is OUT of jail? If so, why does he think that? Her history speaks differently.

Padilla stated he and his uncle just want to find Caylee. How does bailing Casey out help accomplish this? I'm really confused.

Who is going to pay the Padilla's back their 500,000 should something go wrong?

I'm with Olive as in this whole new situation is very confusing to me in the parts that are being played out by the professionals involved in this case.

First of all there is Casey's lawyer who has hired two detectives. IMO they would be the ones to run a counter investigation for the defense. Baez is all about Casey and is making sure she doesn't talk. Now the angle with the Padilla's from Baez's standpoint would be for Tony to post the bail yet Leonard is a bounty hunter whose purpose I believe is to track down fugitives who have jumped bail. Not to attach themselves to the subject and try and get info. No way the lawyer is going to consent to that part of it.

I'm having a hard time understanding how any of this benefits finding Caylee. :waitasec:

Is Leonard going to work in conjunction with Baez's investigators? Finding Caylee is the ideal solution to all of this and everyone involved but suppose it doesn't work out that way? Where does that put any evidence if any put Leonard?

ClockWatcher
08-17-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm with Olive as in this whole new situation is very confusing to me in the parts that are being played out by the professionals involved in this case.

First of all there is Casey's lawyer who has hired two detectives. IMO they would be the ones to run a counter investigation for the defense. Baez is all about Casey and is making sure she doesn't talk. Now the angle with the Padilla's from Baez's standpoint would be for Tony to post the bail yet Leonard is a bounty hunter whose purpose I believe is to track down fugitives who have jumped bail. Not to attach themselves to the subject and try and get info. No way the lawyer is going to consent to that part of it.

I'm having a hard time understanding how any of this benefits finding Caylee. :waitasec:

Is Leonard going to work in conjunction with Baez's investigators? Finding Caylee is the ideal solution to all of this and everyone involved but suppose it doesn't work out that way? Where does that put any evidence if any put Leonard?

My thoughts too! Which is why I posted the the theory I had as too why Mr. Baez would allow this to transpire. Please see my post in the Thoughts about Jose Baez Investigators.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2511699

tuppence
08-17-2008, 03:45 PM
I think getting her out is the only way to get her to talk. In jail she can hide and refuse visits. Her attorney is obviously not going to let her talk to LE. There's really no pressure to say anything.

Out of jail she will be forced to be around her family (and I guess possibly the Padillas!) on house arrest. I expect there will be some come-to-jesus discussions between her and the rest of the family. Even if she starts off lying, the more she talks, the more she will give away to them. I believe what Cindy said originally - that Cindy knows how to get things out of Casey.
I know many feel that the GPAs will just protect her at any cost but I don't believe that at all. I think they want to find Caylee.

The Padillas add another factor to the mix - they will certainly question her and the more she talks even if it much of it is lies, the more information will come out.

Casey does not seem like the suicidal type to me at all. Much more Scott Peterson then Melinda Duckett in terms of emotional makeup. I don't think that's a risk.

Sherbie
08-17-2008, 03:49 PM

I don't think for a second that LE is behind this. As for the journalist's motive in making the connection, I guess it could be purely altruistic if they believe Casey might talk to her family or others if she were out of jail. Or, knowing that the resulting publicity would be huge, it could have been done to reap the ratings benefit via "exclusive" interviews and inside info, or just to keep viewership interest with a new, big development. I can easily see Geraldo doing something like this...I just hope it wasn't Greta. :eek:

I really think it's best for Casey to stay in jail and LE to continue their investigation and whatever plans they may have to get to the truth. I'm sure Leonard Padilla does have experience with hardened criminals -- criminals far more dangerous and unbreakable than Casey -- but in all fairness, so does LE, on a everyday basis.

That being said, Mr. Padilla can ask, say and do things that LE by law cannot. I have serious doubts he can get anything from Casey, but if he posts her bail and gets something useful from her, then thank God! I have to wonder, though, how going on national TV and saying his intention is to make Casey talk could in any way benefit his purported cause. Doesn't it defeat the purpose to let someone know that you're going to try to hoodwink them into telling you things? :waitasec:

Why would he not keep that to himself and state publicly that he believed Casey is innocent or that everyone has the right to bail if it's been set by the court? Wouldn't he then stand a much better chance of achieving what he claims to be his goal (helping Caylee)? This confuses me. He's not a stupid man, so what could his purpose be in blabbing to the nation that he's gonna get the truth outta Casey instead of at least pretending to be standing for her right to make bail so that she feels he's on her side?

My first instinct was that he might be in it solely for publicity, trying to appear to the public that he only wants to help Caylee so that he, himself, wouldn't be perceived as a bad guy for helping such a despised inmate; that if he didn't get anything from her, no big deal, at least he looked good for trying; and if he did get something from her, whoa boy -- icing on the cake -- what a celebrated hero he would be (and he really would be one!).

After reading Tony's comments, however, I'm trying to reconsider that position. Tony, for sure, seems very sincere in his claim that he only wants to help find Caylee and doesn't seem the type that would attach himself to such a publicity stunt. So maybe there is more going on here than meets the eye. I just don't know what it could be. I guess time will tell.

I just pray that anyone who might be involved for any reason other than getting to the truth of the matter and finding justice for Caylee will take a second look at things, re-examine their souls, and change their perspective so that no one's personal interests are put above those of darling little Caylee. :rose:

tuppence
08-17-2008, 03:50 PM
My thoughts too! Which is why I posted the the theory I had as too why Mr. Baez would allow this to transpire. Please see my post in the Thoughts about Jose Baez Investigators.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2511699

Interesting idea. Seems a little far fetched but who knows! I am also surprised that Baez supports the effort to bail her out because she is her own worst enemy when she starts talking and I don't think he's going to have any control over what she says. in jail he can have a lot more control.

LI_Mom
08-17-2008, 03:59 PM
While this isn't the correct thread to discuss this, please tell me when we started believing that anything out of Cindy Anthony's mouth was the truth and nothing but the truth?! :waitasec: I obviously did not get that memo.

You & me both.

Do half-truths or mis-truths count? :rolleyes:

strach304
08-17-2008, 04:03 PM
That is a very good theory imo Clockwatcher and runs along the lines of my own theories of Pedophile rings and what Casey's role might be. That was a very big issue in the Madeline McCann case. Proof of human trafficking of all kinds have been proven over and over again whereas just a few years ago people wanted to believe it was a myth.

As for Casey's family getting anything out of her my opinion is that likely they may not even get to speak with her other than by phone. Cindy has already suggested a safe house for Casey and I think that's what will be arranged. They cannot go see her because they will lead the press right to her.

ClockWatcher
08-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Interesting idea. Seems a little far fetched but who knows! I am also surprised that Baez supports the effort to bail her out because she is her own worst enemy when she starts talking and I don't think he's going to have any control over what she says. in jail he can have a lot more control.

Thank you for your thoughts Tuppence! I realize what I proposed would sound far fetched. It is a stretch!

However, what defense attorney would agree to release his client into a situation where there was a very real possibility for self incrimination? I'm reasonably sure Mr. Baez will not be a part of the "24/7" team, so how would he be able to prevent his client from providing information that could be used against her?

I think we all can agree there are plenty of confusing aspects to this case and the unexpected addition of the Padilla's floored me. Beside all the initial speculation as to the Padilla's motivation, I had to wonder why Mr. Baez wasn't making ANY protest for their involvement.

Feistyoldbroad
08-17-2008, 04:34 PM
So will the home include The Anthony's, The Padillas & Baez?

Sorry, but I think it is a circus and although everyone claims to only want to find Caylee, it appears very disrespectful.

JMO. *waits for deletion*

jd_martin
08-17-2008, 04:46 PM

Sorry, but I think it is a circus and although everyone claims to only want to find Caylee, it appears very disrespectful.

I seriously doubt Baez could care less about staying with the Anthonys, As far as Padilla i think if he wants to protect his investment then he better not trek to far from where Casey is. Baez is clearly here for the money and his client. He is a lawyer, nuff said. In MY opinion the Padillas are here to find Caylee/get Casey to confess. It does not appear they are gaining anything from this except a reputation which could help Padillas business. Tell me this? who can afford to do what Padillas are doing for free aside from family members? Who in the world could come into this case without getting media attention? So no matter what someone is gonna get attention from the media and possibly get paid for it. I think the padillas are genuine to the fact that they want to help. And yes im sure Leonard is happy to see the cameras. But it does not make him a criminal like some of the people here seem to make this guy out to be.

Sorry to run off topic from the quote but i just wanted to vent thanx much!

housemouse
08-17-2008, 04:48 PM
If I wanted to make up a scenario about the Padilla's involvement that might paint them in a bad light, it would go something like this...

They bail her out, and "watch" her carefully. She "manages" to escape their "vigilant supervision", and goes on the lam.

They "capture" her, and claim the reward....

All that bizarre insulting speculation aside, I pray they are as they present themselves, interested in helping to find Caylee.

Time will tell, friends. I do trust that LE will be watching the Padillos, and that the above scenario is just the stuff of an Oliver Stone conspiracy movie... or maybe one like "The Sting"!

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 04:51 PM

Well from another feistyoldbroad let me say I agree. This whole thing seems to be a diversion to take our minds off the real victim, Caylee. IMHO criminals should be kept in jails. I cannot and will not make a hero out of men who have done nothing to earn anyone's respect. They are people, like all of us..and nothing more.
Mark Klass...now there is a man to respect. IMO.
Let them take their money and organize a professional search. I feel like all of us are letting this poor child down because we are more interested in the drama surrounding the players in this case then the VICTIM. Please wake up world...A child is missing!!! God help us all.

jd_martin
08-17-2008, 04:54 PM
If I wanted to make up a scenario about the Padilla's involvement that might paint them in a bad light, it would go something like this...

They bail her out, and "watch" her carefully. She "manages" to escape their "vigilant supervision", and goes on the lam.

They "capture" her, and claim the reward....

All that bizarre insulting speculation aside, I pray they are as they present themselves, interested in helping to find Caylee.

Time will tell, friends. I do trust that LE will be watching the Padillos, and that the above scenario is just the stuff of an Oliver Stone conspiracy movie... or maybe one like "The Sting"!

Well i believe anything is possible at any given time, but ask yourself this. Would i risk 500k for a 225k reward?(may be wrong on amount for reward).

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 05:02 PM
If they are going to risk 500 thousand why not risk it to form a PROFESSIONAL search for Caylee. At the very least her mother did not report her missing for 31 days. That's abuse! Serious abuse in my book.

tabbykiki
08-17-2008, 05:04 PM
However, what defense attorney would agree to release his client into a situation where there was a very real possibility for self incrimination? I'm reasonably sure Mr. Baez will not be a part of the "24/7" team, so how would he be able to prevent his client from providing information that could be used against her.

This is the one aspect I don't quite get. Why would Baez allow this to happen when he has no control over what his client is saying? Could it be Baez is giving Casey a loophole out to claim inadiquite defense on an appeal after a possible conviction? Just a thought.

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 05:10 PM
I am so unbelievably unnerved by this whole situation. Casey will not tell anyone the truth. That is not going to happen. No way, no how. But Baez does have to possibly defend his client. To that end any defense attorney worth their salt will do anything and use anyone they can to obtain a non-guilty verdict of a client.
We all are looking at all this now and forgetting the smell of decomposition, the trunk "stain", ect.
I would say the defense is getting what he wants.
The VICTIM...well that's another story.

jd_martin
Well from another feistyoldbroad let me say I agree. This whole thing seems to be a diversion to take our minds off the real victim, Caylee. IMHO criminals should be kept in jails. I cannot and will not make a hero out of men who have done nothing to earn anyone's respect. They are people, like all of us..and nothing more.
Let them take their money and organize a professional search. I feel like all of us are letting this poor child down because we are more interested in the drama surrounding the players in this case then the VICTIM. Please wake up world...A child is missing!!! God help us all.

Search where? Zenaida Gonzales's or Every Lake/Pond/River in Florida. If you are searching in the ponds/lakes ect then you are assuming she is dead. Which IMO , i dont want to sound bad but i dont think anyone is in a hurry to find a dead Caylee(because they want to find a live Caylee). And the reason is because there hasnt been any evidence that this girl is dead yet. We can all assume all we want( i know in my mind i think the poor girl is dead) but we really dont know. It all goes back to the last person that saw Caylee. Casey has lied and lied and lied. So...noone wants to find any Zanaida's. And any place that has turned up to be a clue has been searched. So i guess i am asking what good would it be to organize a search without evidence that she is dead. Remember Casey is last one to see her. I agree if there was a place to start a search then i would be all up for it being done but without a place to search its hard to get people to step up.

On that note there a few people searching in their own time in Florida and they are blessed for doing so. They go above and beyond.

Diamond

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Leila
08-17-2008, 05:15 PM

1. Could the Padilla's be working in conjunction with LE? Remember, Tony nor Leonard have said whom contacted them. They did say (on NG & Greta, etc) that they have been in contact with Baez and NOT in contact with the family. They have not said whom else initiated the contact (if anyone else). It was also reported on Greta that the family had no prior knowledge of this by one of Orlando's reporters. Why wouldn't Baez notify the family??? Especially if they are paying him...

2. Whom has the greatest benefit of Casey being bailed out? One could argue Leonard does due to the publicity. But if you read Tony's words (and listed to Leonard on tv) they continually say they just want to find this baby. That is the main goal. Isn't that LE's main goal as well?

3. The public appearances. Leonard Padilla had to go on tv after this was leaked. The public was outraged as can be seen on many of the boards out there, including Orlando news boards. Leonard is doing damage control. He is also saying things that he knows Casey will hear and see on tv. He's a pretty smart man. I totally take back what I said earlier. I think he knows what he's doing here.I now believe this may be a good thing and I am questioning whom is behind this. Let her get out of jail. Let her confess or tell the Padillas or LE where this baby is.

We owe it to the family and to Caylee to bring her home and give her a decent burial if she is indeed gone.

I'd bet my last dollar that LE is not involved in this. LE prefers an environment which they control - jail. They don't usually allow any outside agency (unless it's FBI or some other LE) to have complete and total access to a POI in a case.

In terms of the greatest benefit, it's certainly without doubt, finding Caylee.

My biggest concern about letting Casey out on bond is this scenario: What if, after a few days of intense prodding by Padilla, Casey lets him know that Caylee is deceased. I don't expect her to blurt out, "I did it, I killed Caylee", but more along the lines that she's scared because in the 31 days of her own private investigation, she learned that the babysitter had killed Caylee and buried her in a certain location.

What would Padilla do? Since he states he's not working with LE, would he immediately report this to LE? Or, would he report Casey's statements to Jose Baez, giving Baez time to work out some sort of plea agreement? Or, would Padilla first check out the location that Casey gave him to verify the likelihood of a burial site before alerting anyone else? Or, is the "well-known journalist" to be the first to know, thus having an exclusive story, even ahead of LE?

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Search where? Zenaida Gonzales's or Every Lake/Pond/River in Florida. If you are searching in the ponds/lakes ect then you are assuming she is dead. Which IMO , i dont want to sound bad but i dont think anyone is in a hurry to find a dead Caylee(because they want to find a live Caylee). And the reason is because there hasnt been any evidence that this girl is dead yet. We can all assume all we want( i know in my mind i think the poor girl is dead) but we really dont know. It all goes back to the last person that saw Caylee. Casey has lied and lied and lied. So...noone wants to find any Zanaida's. And any place that has turned up to be a clue has been searched. So i guess i am asking what good would it be to organize a search without evidence that she is dead. Remember Casey is last one to see her. I agree if there was a place to start a search then i would be all up for it being done but without a place to search its hard to get people to step up.

On that note there a few people searching in their own time in Florida and they are blessed for doing so. They go above and beyond.

There has not been a thorough search of even the Anthony's neighborhood. There has not been a thorough search of any of the area's we know Casey was in during the three day span of time it is most likely Casey "disappeared" One thing we do know is that Casey neglected her duties as a mother. She should stay in jail and TALK THERE. Giving her her way, which is something she may be used to, is not going to help. IMHO

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 05:19 PM
I'd bet my last dollar that LE is not involved in this. LE prefers an environment which they control - jail. They don't usually allow any outside agency (unless it's FBI or some other LE) to have complete and total access to a POI in a case.

In terms of the greatest benefit, it's certainly without doubt, finding Caylee.

My biggest concern about letting Casey out on bond is this scenario: What if, after a few days of intense prodding by Padilla, Casey lets him know that Caylee is deceased. I don't expect her to blurt out, "I did it, I killed Caylee", but more along the lines that she's scared because in the 31 days of her own private investigation, she learned that the babysitter had killed Caylee and buried her in a certain location.

What would Padilla do? Since he states he's not working with LE, would he immediately report this to LE? Or, would he report Casey's statements to Jose Baez, giving Baez time to work out some sort of plea agreement? Or, would Padilla first check out the location that Casey gave him to verify the likelihood of a burial site before alerting anyone else? Or, is the "well-known journalist" to be the first to know, thus having an exclusive story, even ahead of LE?
I know you well enough to know how you feel about LE and I am right there with you, as you know.
As far as Casey blurting something out. NO WAY. IMHO. I have counseled sociopaths, psychopaths and narrcissists..and she is right in there somewhere..and they don't even admit they abused wives, children, or had affairs. As a matter of fact most of them never think they do anything wrong. If I don't miss my bet Casey will run circles around anyone she thinks is buying her story. LOL

ClockWatcher
08-17-2008, 05:19 PM
That is a very good theory imo Clockwatcher and runs along the lines of my own theories of Pedophile rings and what Casey's role might be. That was a very big issue in the Madeline McCann case. Proof of human trafficking of all kinds have been proven over and over again whereas just a few years ago people wanted to believe it was a myth.

As for Casey's family getting anything out of her my opinion is that likely they may not even get to speak with her other than by phone. Cindy has already suggested a safe house for Casey and I think that's what will be arranged. They cannot go see her because they will lead the press right to her.

Oh yes! We are thinking along the same lines! (I just type too slow :blushing:)

Beside the notoriety or financial benefit or pick your own motivation here, there is an ulterior motive on Jose Baez's agenda.

jd_martin
08-17-2008, 05:28 PM
There has not been a thorough search of even the Anthony's neighborhood. There has not been a thorough search of any of the area's we know Casey was in during the three day span of time it is most likely Casey "disappeared" One thing we do know is that Casey neglected her duties as a mother. She should stay in jail and TALK THERE. Giving her her way, which is something she may be used to, is not going to help. IMHO

Yeah i agree that Casey is worlds worst mom at the moment but she isnt talking in jail. And she might not talk when she gets out. But i think there is more of a chance for her to talk where she feels more comfortable. Im excited to see her try to elaborate more on her kidnapper theory. If she is lying then she can only lie so long before she sounds more rediculous than she already does. She still has to stay in one place. What better place than around people who are gonna pound info out of her, either making her confess or getting caught up in more lies. I am angry about how things are turning out but to be honest the last thing this case needs is Casey zipping her lip in jail, we all know how that is going. LE is hoping the evidence will shine some light on Caylee's condition (dead or alive). I dont know i guess im just looking at this situation with the padillas as a good thing as another chance to get a handle on where caylee is.

Diamond
08-17-2008, 05:29 PM

With us or not, Caylee needs to be found and asap. Even if she's not with us, she deserves a proper burial and justice...which will require evidence. So, either way, it's not a good idea to drag feet.

I agree, where to search is a problem...but I'm sure there is enough information to find possible locations. And, it's certainly a better way to spend money, time and effort.

I guess, in the end, I think Casey is key and that's why she should stay in jail. She didn't talk before or since jail...don't see it changing when she's out either. He can become her 'best friend' and tell her he 'believes her' all he wants, she's not going to come back with 'ya, know...this is how it really went'. Set herself up for more serious charges? No way. Not to mention, how would her attorney even allow any of it?

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Sometimes I feel we get so close to cases we can't see the forest for the trees so to speak.
I step back and I realize that if Caylee was still with us her mother, who should love and protect her, would have moved heaven and earth to tell someone, anyone where she is by now. The FBI have ways of finding people and survillance techniques that are second to none, IMHO.
Casey is still playing her game. I hope whoever she is staying with has a "psych" on board and in the house also. She's not just a liar, IMHO.

ClockWatcher
08-17-2008, 05:34 PM
This is the one aspect I don't quite get. Why would Baez allow this to happen when he has no control over what his client is saying? Could it be Baez is giving Casey a loophole out to claim inadiquite defense on an appeal after a possible conviction? Just a thought.

I don't think that Mr. Baez has any intention of providing a claim of inadequate defense or representation.
It is my supposition that all information gleaned by the Padilla team will only pertain to following the nanny. Any information about the said nanny will not pan out, because we all know there is no nanny. But Mr. Baez could use the world famous bounty hunter's own investigative resources that indicate an inter national, yet untraceable ring, is responsible for the disappearance of Caylee.

All he has to do is convince ONE juror of this. This is my best WAG, as to why the Padillas are coming and they have Mr. Baez's blessings.

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 05:37 PM
I don't think that Mr. Baez has any intention of providing a claim of inadequate defense or representation.
It is my supposition that all information gleaned by the Padilla team will only pertain to following the nanny. Any information about the said nanny will not pan out, because we all know there is no nanny. But Mr. Baez could use the world famous bounty hunter's own investigative resources that indicate an inter national, yet untraceable ring, is responsible for the disappearance of Caylee.

All he has to do is convince ONE juror of this. This is my best WAG, as to why the Padillas are coming and they have Mr. Baez's blessings.

I agree. I think I said so above. This is a defense strategy and by the looks of things it's working for him.
:rolleyes:
The news was on the search by the psychics and LE around the airport for Caylee. UNTIL this news of which we speak broke. Now where is it.
I believe the public is so gullible at times. BUMMER:furious:

jd_martin
08-17-2008, 05:38 PM
With us or not, Caylee needs to be found and asap. Even if she's not with us, she deserves a proper burial and justice...which will require evidence. So, either way, it's not a good idea to drag feet.

I agree, where to search is a problem...but I'm sure there is enough information to find possible locations. And, it's certainly a better way to spend money, time and effort.

I guess, in the end, I think Casey is key and that's why she should stay in jail. She didn't talk before or since jail...don't see it changing when she's out either. He can become her 'best friend' and tell her he 'believes her' all he wants, she's not going to come back with 'ya, know...this is how it really went'. Set herself up for more serious charges? No way. Not to mention, how would her attorney even allow any of it?

I agree if there was evidence saying john doe last saw jane doe before she went on a hiking trip in xyz mountains. That would give you a place to look. But every clue that has turned up to be a possible location has been searched. I agree with her not confessing but in my mind she has to say something. Whether it be truth or lie she will talk about something IMO.
And i agree with everyone who is upset about the (circus) that is happening but im just having an optimistic look at it. Im not giving up on anybody.

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 05:41 PM
She has been having something to say all her life. People have been buying it, too. This is no different. I find it interesting that it's men running to help her. Not male bashing but most women would have seen right through the lies by now and realized what her game plan is. LOL.

Leila
08-17-2008, 05:51 PM
I know you well enough to know how you feel about LE and I am right there with you, as you know.
As far as Casey blurting something out. NO WAY. IMHO. I have counseled sociopaths, psychopaths and narrcissists..and she is right in there somewhere..and they don't even admit they abused wives, children, or had affairs. As a matter of fact most of them never think they do anything wrong. If I don't miss my bet Casey will run circles around anyone she thinks is buying her story. LOL

My first choice would be LE handling the investigation, as they're best equipped and have the specialized training to do so. I hear what you're saying about psychopaths and narcissists, and Casey may be delighted that she's got a new audience for her stories. The last thing a psychopath or narcissist wants is to be confronted with disbelievers. It may be a long haul of Casey sending Padilla off chasing her imaginary nanny, before it's realized she's spinning more lies.

Curiosity Cat.......... will be sending you an email later today. :)

Diamond
08-17-2008, 05:52 PM
I agree if there was evidence saying john doe last saw jane doe before she went on a hiking trip in xyz mountains. That would give you a place to look. But every clue that has turned up to be a possible location has been searched. I agree with her not confessing but in my mind she has to say something. Whether it be truth or lie she will talk about something IMO.
And i agree with everyone who is upset about the (circus) that is happening but im just having an optimistic look at it. Im not giving up on anybody.

I wish, I could be optimistic about Caylee and these new 'players' too. :(

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 05:54 PM
My first choice would be LE handling the investigation, as they're best equipped and have the specialized training to do so. I hear what you're saying about psychopaths and narcissists, and Casey may be delighted that she's got a new audience for her stories. The last thing a psychopath or narcissist wants is to be confronted with disbelievers. It may be a long haul of Casey sending Padilla off chasing her imaginary nanny, before it's realized she's spinning more lies.

Curiosity Cat.......... will be sending you an email later today. :)
I will PM you a new email address. That one is no longer valid. :blowkiss:

amethyst221
08-17-2008, 06:14 PM
One of the Padillas, Leonard the bounty hunter, I believe, said that Casey A. was "going crazy" in jail. No friend or family member has been able to post bond. Mr. Baez has tried and failed on more than one occasion to get the amount reduced, so his client can get out of jail. His client is refusing visits, on advice of counsel. This is what the police and prosecutors have fought for and succeeded in, right? I sense a certain desperation by defense counsel in entering into such an unconventional arrangement to get his client out. The idea that she (or her attorney) will submit to having someone in her face 24/7, being confrontational, or even bonding to gain her confidence, is absurd. I hate to think that she will come to the relative comfort of home to regain her composure and collect herself, and get out of a pressure cooker situation. With all due respect to the intentions of Mr. Padilla, I still think she should stay in jail and that LE should handle the investigation.

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 06:16 PM
One of the Padillas, Leonard the bounty hunter, I believe, said that Casey A. was "going crazy" in jail. No friend or family member has been able to post bond. Mr. Baez has tried and failed on more than one occasion to get the amount reduced, so his client can get out of jail. His client is refusing visits, on advice of counsel. This is what the police and prosecutors have fought for and succeeded in, right? I sense a certain desperation by defense counsel in entering into such an unconventional arrangement to get his client out. The idea that she (or her attorney) will submit to having someone in her face 24/7, being confrontational, or even bonding to gain her confidence, is absurd. I hate to think that she will come to the relative comfort of home to regain her composure and collect herself, and get out of a pressure cooker situation. With all due respect to the intentions of Mr. Padilla, I still think she should stay in jail and that LE should handle the investigation.

And if I don't miss my bet I think that's what LE thinks. !!!! wink, wink!!:blowkiss:

amethyst221
08-17-2008, 06:24 PM
Don't know if it's true, but that other famous bounty hunter guy was just talking about this, and the good motivation of Mr. Padilla, but he thinks she should stay in jail in the hands of LE and, more importantly, he expressed the opinion that Florida law does not allow a "charity" bail out. I think that's the term of art he used, referring to a bond with no actual money being paid. Anyone know the Fla. law?

Diamond
08-17-2008, 06:31 PM

I completely agree...well said.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

If she knows nobody is buying it and she is left on her own, I think the truth will come out. She will then have no reason to continue the game...she's 'been had'.

JBean
08-17-2008, 06:33 PM
To me she is eligible for bail and she is being bailed out. That's the way our system works.She currently has the right to be bailed out.
We have a local case here where a man is in jail on charges not related to the murder of his wife. The charges he is in on do make him eligible for bail. But the DA has successfully argued to the judge that he should not be released on bail because he is the number one suspect in the murder of his wife . So in the end the judge denied bail.

So to me, if they can keep her jail they will.If they can't it's just the way our sytem works. Love it or hate it, it's the best thing goin' on.

amethyst221
08-17-2008, 06:39 PM
To me she is eligible for bail and she is being bailed out. That's the way our system works.She currently has the right to be bailed out.
We have a local case here where a man is in jail on charges not related to the murder of his wife. The charges he is in on do make him eligible for bail. But the DA has successfully argued to the judge that he should not be released on bail because he is the number one suspect in the murder of his wife . So in the end the judge denied bail.

So to me, if they can keep her jail they will.If they can't it's just the way our sytem works. Love it or hate it, it's the best thing goin' on.

I don't dispute the system. The system has imposed and set a high amount in this particular case, which she (unfortunately for her) can't meet. I just wish that, for the time being, a totally disinterested outsider wouldn't come in and change the status quo. I'm going to go check out FLA law and see if any of what Dog said is correct. Maybe it won't happen.

jd_martin
08-17-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't dispute the system. The system has imposed and set a high amount in this particular case, which she (unfortunately for her) can't meet. I just wish that, for the time being, a totally disinterested outsider wouldn't come in and change the status quo. I'm going to go check out FLA law and see if any of what Dog said is correct. Maybe it won't happen.

What dog said is correct. Tony is having a bondsman in Florida post the bond.

#209 Report Post
Old Today, 12:05 AM
Tony Padilla

I am only licensed in California. My surety company which is Financial Casualty and Surety will have a Florida licensed bondsman actually post the bond which will be transferred to me. Thus a transfer bond. Paladine please repeat your question if I missed it.

Diamond
08-17-2008, 06:45 PM

True, I just don't think it will help. In fact, I think it will make things worse. That's what I object to...not the system itself.

tabbykiki
08-17-2008, 06:55 PM

Hypothetically speaking, couldn't the prosecution then put Leonard Padilla on the stand and cross him on what all Casey said? This is of course if it goes to trial, which I think it will.

LI_Mom
08-17-2008, 06:56 PM
One of the Padillas, Leonard the bounty hunter, I believe, said that Casey A. was "going crazy" in jail.

I'd be more impressed if Casey was "going crazy" because she gave LE very accurate information BUT her baby Caylee is still missing.

Who freakin' cares if she's "going crazy" stuck in jail thinking of all the parties & web surfing that she's missing out on?

tabbykiki
08-17-2008, 06:57 PM

Yes, but if she objects to any of the bond's terms, she will not be let out. If she objects while she is out to any of their terms she goes directly back. Could you imagine the heartbreak for Casey if she got out only to go right back after a few days? If this girl is able to be cracked in anyway I can only see it happening if she gets hauled right back. It's like dangling a carrot in front of a rabbit. A taste of freedom and then it's gone.

Nemont
08-17-2008, 07:36 PM
I don't know...everything seems to be coming together too neatly and timely to be "coincidence". I mean Casey was arrested on 7/16(?) and in one month there is a whopping $225,000 reward offered, $500,000 bond ready to be posted for Casey and media coverage that would make a bonafide celebrity proud...am I the only one who finds this odd? What was it about this case that made it instantly "high profile" or any different than any other missing/endangered child?

I also think Casey needs to sit in jail. I don't trust her at all...I wouldn't put it past her to accuse the Padillas of inappropriate behavior or something akin to it if she is ever "interviewed" alone.

EastSideOfSaddness
08-17-2008, 07:57 PM

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!! Also Larry Garrison is probably the third part, high profile journalist that was contacted. He is the spokesperson for the family who is also in kahootz with Beaz.

CASEY SHOULD BE IN JAIL--LETS STOP THE BS

If the interest was REALLY Caylee maybe the Padilla's should start searching seeing that IS their specialty.

This story is getting sicker by the minute. Next there will be a book deal, and probably a lifetime movie. I could puke!:liar:

amethyst221
08-17-2008, 08:11 PM
I don't think Casey will refuse the conditions of her bond, as imposed by the Padillas. It's her ticket to ride. They will watch her 24/7, no doubt. But I doubt they have required that she talk to them all that time, about the case -- oh, and the truth. And I doubt she will, once the pressure of jail is off.

SouthernMom
08-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Same here. I don't care if someone makes money off the case. Someone will anyway...an attny, a retired LE, the Anthonys. Might as well be the Padillas.

Just find the kid. to me, money is irrelevant. Finding Caylee is important.

ITA. People are already making money off of this case. Newspapers are being sold, viewership is up on on certain television shows and news websites. Just think of the advertising dollars being made, especially on the F** word network.

SouthernMom
08-17-2008, 08:30 PM
I don't think Casey will refuse the conditions of her bond, as imposed by the Padillas. It's her ticket to ride. They will watch her 24/7, no doubt. But I doubt they have required that she talk to them all that time, about the case -- oh, and the truth. And I doubt she will, once the pressure of jail is off.

She probably won't tell much. That doesn't mean a skilled investigator like Leonard Padilla won't discover something new.

Diamond
08-17-2008, 08:35 PM
My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!! Also Larry Garrison is probably the third part, high profile journalist that was contacted. He is the spokesperson for the family who is also in kahootz with Beaz.

CASEY SHOULD BE IN JAIL--LETS STOP THE BS

If the interest was REALLY Caylee maybe the Padilla's should start searching seeing that IS their specialty.

This story is getting sicker by the minute. Next there will be a book deal, and probably a lifetime movie. I could puke!:liar:

Me too...I think Larry Garrison contacted Leonard Padilla, who then contacted Tony (Padilla). I'm even more convinced now, hearing Leonard and Larry have "crossed paths" from Leonard himself (online Greta video).

I'm concerned about the connection, considering the posted history behind Larry. Caylee deserves respect and justice...not to be lining peoples pockets due to her misfortune. I hope what Tony has written here is the truth and it doesn't change.

You also bring up a good point, being a 'world famous' bounty hunter...why not search? Seriously, what do they expect her to say? She's better off keeping her mouth shut and accepting the six (or whatever) years she faces. Why make things much worse by talking? Especially, coming clean?

This is making me a mess... :(

Leila
08-17-2008, 08:48 PM

LE will continue their investigation and we can hope the case will be solved. I'm hopeful because last week LE said they had "a lot more evidence than the dirt, stain, and hair strands found in the trunk of the car." I think LE is withholding their evidence until they've got an ironclad case, and then will charge Casey.

Diamond
08-17-2008, 08:54 PM
BTW, I see a difference between doing your job (attorney, police, etc) and taking it to another level...books, movies, etc. Especially, coming in for one stated reason, when you actually have another hidden agenda. I'm not stating this is the case, rather I'm worried it could happen. I mean, we have a missing toddler...'how to profit' shouldn't be on anyones mind. Finding her (& justice), should be.

My own firm opinion...

Feistyoldbroad
08-17-2008, 08:57 PM
BTW, I see a difference between doing your job (attorney, police, etc) and taking it to another level...books, movies, etc. Especially, coming in for one stated reason, when you actually have another hidden agenda. I'm not stating this is the case, rather I'm worried it could happen. I mean, we have a missing toddler...'how to profit' shouldn't be on anyones mind. Finding her (& justice), should be.

My own firm opinion...

I totally agree.