PDA

View Full Version : Dog The Bounty Hunter Advises Against Casey Getting Out of Jail on Bond

DAWN TREADER
08-17-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm still trying to find a transcript of Dog's interview on Fox today but here are the key points Dog made to the best of my recollection:

Thinks Padilla has good intentions (he's a family man, has kids, grandkids himself) but is going about finding Caylee "the wrong way". Reminds Padilla LE and the FBI are actively working the case.

Re: Electronic Monitoring Device: Andrew Luster also wore one. According to Dog, they don't work.

Tropical storm Fay is heading Florida's way giving way to the potential for evidence to be washed up or destroyed.

Believes a judge could issue a court order that would prevent Padilla and his nephew from getting Casey released on bond.

There's more but this is what I remember at the moment. Hopefully others saw the interview too and can add their recollections until there is a transcript available.

Patty G
08-17-2008, 07:55 PM
I am trying to upload the clip from DOG on FOX today and having problems. :(

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 07:58 PM
"Dog" could just be jealous that Padilla has the cajones and that he didn't think of it first or could afford to spring her from jail. I love it when celebrities fight via the media. Where's Rosie O'Donnell when ya need her?
ROFL

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 07:58 PM
I think Dog knows what he is talking about! I also think that we have forgotten that LE is in charge of Casey and the court. Her bond reduction was denied twice. I know that LE sticks together. If there is anything they can come up with to keep her in jail, trust me THEY WILL.

ladonna
08-17-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm still trying to find a transcript of Dog's interview on Fox today but here are the key points Dog made to the best of my recollection:

Thinks Padilla has good intentions (he's a family man, has kids, grandkids himself) but is going about finding Caylee "the wrong way". Reminds Padilla LE and the FBI are actively working the case.

Re: Electronic Monitoring Device: Andrew Luster also wore one. According to Dog, they don't work.

Tropical storm Fay is heading Florida's way giving way to the potential for evidence to be washed up or destroyed.

Believes a judge could issue a court order that would prevent Padilla and his nephew from getting Casey released on bond.

There's more but this is what I remember at the moment. Hopefully others saw the interview too and can add their recollections until there is a transcript available.

Thanks so much for the recap, I had to attend to real life and missed it. I think I remember your from the Laci case. If so, I'm so happy to reconnect.

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 07:59 PM
"Dog" could just be jealous that Padilla has the cajones and that he didn't think of it first or could afford to spring her from jail. I love it when celebrities fight via the media. Where's Rosie O'Donnell when ya need her?
ROFL
Could be, but I doubt it. I worked in Denver when Dog was a well known bounty hunter! Trust me he has nerve. He also knows better then to tick of LE.

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 08:00 PM

He probably meant to say:
Hopes a judge could issue a court order that would prevent Padilla and his nephew from getting Casey released on bond.

curiositycat
what I meant to say is that dog used to work as a bounty hunter in the Denver area. That's where he got his start.

SelmaClue
Could be, but I doubt it. I worked in Denver when Dog was a well known bounty hunter! Trust me he has nerve. He also knows better then to tick of LE.

I didn't suggest anything about "ticking off" LE.

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 08:02 PM
I didn't suggest anything about "ticking off" LE.
I know you didn't. I do know that LE doesn't like a bounty hunter like this coming in and getting in the middle of their "game" That's what I think is happening in Orlando.

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 08:02 PM
what I meant to say is that dog used to work as a bounty hunter in the Denver area. That's where he got his start.

I don't know where you're going with this. What do you mean and how is Dog's point of origin (in this business) a factor in his opinion of Leonard Padilla?

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Let me see if I can make myself more clear. Padilla, or Dog or any bounty hunter will not be welcomed by LE in this case. This is nothing personal about Padilla. This is a fact.

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 08:05 PM
I know you didn't. I do know that LE doesn't like a bounty hunter like this coming in and getting in the middle of their "game" That's what I think is happening in Orlando.

Oh, I see. Well, thank goodness this is America where people can do whatever the heck they want to do, within legal limits! I am (as you probably guessed by now) very interested to see what Padilla may be able to uncover in this case which LE has not been able to do thus far.

I have an open mind and pretty much think it's necessary in every situation where the sky is not necessarily blue. This is such a case.
:blushing:

Elphaba
08-17-2008, 08:07 PM
I do have to say that what he said makes loads of sense... I agree with him.

*goes to check if Hell froze over... not being a fan of the Dog, AT ALL, I never thought I would find myself actually agreeing with him on something. LoL *

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 08:08 PM
It is what it is. Tell me if you still feel this way a week from now. BTW. I am well aware that this is America. I love it. I love the fact that we have a criminal justice system that doesn't let criminals run it.
IMHO.

JBean
08-17-2008, 08:09 PM
But what does that matter? If I were in jail and I were eligible for bail, why would it matter if LE didn't like my bondsman? It wouldn't matter.
I still maintain that if there are any grounds to deny her bail then they will do that. If there aren't then they won't and she has the right, at this point, to be bailed out.

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 08:12 PM

*goes to check if Hell froze over... not being a fan of the Dog, AT ALL, I never thought I would find myself actually agreeing with him on something. LoL *

To be honest, I have no clue at all who "Dog" might be. I don't have cable because my life doesn't warrant the time-to-cost ratio. I am too busy to watch TV. :p

I contend that anyone in Padilla's same line of business is bound to say something contradictory to what Padilla is doing, for a number of reasons. This kind of stuff makes me wish Padilla more luck than ever. I wish ALL people involved with this case luck, of course ----- but this "Dog" person has me wishing more than I normally would.
:o

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 08:13 PM
But what does that matter? If I were in jail and I were eligible for bail, why would it matter if LE didn't like my bondsman? It wouldn't matter.
I still maintain that if there are any grounds to deny her bail then they will do that. If there aren't then they won't and she has the right, at this point, to be bailed out.
I totally agree. BUT in the real world of LE it doesn't always run that way. But put yourself in the shoes of OCSO. They have been working hard on this case. This isn't your normal "Bail someone out" case. The attorney is on the chess board. He has advanced by finding a way around the fact that the Anthony's can't raise bail. This is a twist LE wasn't counting on. Neither was the prosecutors office. They are now going to advance and find another way to try and stop it. IMHO.
I agree that the right to be bailed out is an essential right. I just think this case will show us a lot of hidden dynamics. The way it already has.

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 08:13 PM

I like me some JBean!
:dance:

JBean
08-17-2008, 08:22 PM
I totally agree. BUT in the real world of LE it doesn't always run that way. But put yourself in the shoes of OCSO. They have been working hard on this case. This isn't your normal "Bail someone out" case. The attorney is on the chess board. He has advanced by finding a way around the fact that the Anthony's can't raise bail. This is a twist LE wasn't counting on. Neither was the prosecutors office. They are now going to advance and find another way to try and stop it. IMHO.
I agree that the right to be bailed out is an essential right. I just think this case will show us a lot of hidden dynamics. The way it already has.
I agree there is probably more than meets the eye. But what do you mean more than they were counting on? Cindy and George said they would do whatever they had to or could do to bail their daughter out of jail. They could borrow from friends ,neighbors and relatives if they want. There is nothing wrong with bailing her out. It is what the court has ordered. If they want to keep her in, then they will have to convince a judge to keep her there. I think they can do that. But whether they do or not is entirely up to what evidence they have and what a judge deems proper. If they have more evidence this whole conversation is moot, because she will not be going anywhere. but if they don;t have enough evidence to deny her bail, then she has the right to walk out of there under whatever conditions the court so orders.
My only point is that if the court orders her released on bond, then I don't think that LE has a case. If they don't have a case they can't keep her and they best get busy!

I am just for upholding our rights all the time,even if it pizzes people off.

ETA: But I also think this is going to tell the tale as far as what results are back and what evidence has been gathered.

amethyst221
08-17-2008, 08:23 PM
I don't equate wishing Casey would stay in jail as not recognizing how our system of justice works. If the bondmans can meet the legal requirements, he'll get her out of jail, and my opinion won't matter. The only opinion of Dog I found noteworthy was his lay opinion of Florida law on what he referred to as a charity bond. He didn't mention it in the context of out of state versus in state bondsman. Instead, it seemed to have something to do with not actually paying or putting up a $ percentage. I have no idea whether he knows what he's talking about.

Patty G
08-17-2008, 08:26 PM
I hope a miracle happens tomorrow because bonding Casey out is not going to solve a thing. Like Dog Chapman said, she will be on a monitor, she can't go out with Padilla to graveyards to try and scare Casey. It's just not going to happen as she will be confined to "home" whereever that may be.

I still working on getting the FOX interview uploaded.

JBean
08-17-2008, 08:33 PM
You or Selma don't piss me off! I am not in a popularity contest. I have to be me with my opinions and you all have to be you.
We don't have to agree.
You could be a peach and you could be the most beautiful, succulent peach on the tree. Some people wouldn't like you cause some folks don't like peaches.
I quit people pleasing years ago.
So should you. If that's what you all feel..that's what you feel. I respect it. I don't dislike you or anyone else for your opinions.I don;t think you are talking to me?
But if you are referring to my "pizzing people off" that was a generalization about the general population. I am not of the mind that any of this is to be taken personally and am pretty vocal about that. I just like to discuss the issues and it never occurs to me to try and please? Maybe you are talking about something else, ya lost me there.
I discuss the facts and try to separate out the emotion on a pretty consistent basis.

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 08:33 PM
There is nothing wrong with bailing her out. It is what the court has ordered.

Exactly! What bothers me about some of the opinions I read here, is that on ONE hand, everyone against the bail out is saying, "Let LE do their job! LE has more info than we already know! Padilla isn't qualified to .... WHATEVER!" On the OTHER hand, these same people are basically saying that our justice system (LE!) is screwed up because they SET a bail amount set for Casey Anthony.

Is everyone just peeved that someone is bailing her out, according to their RIGHT to do so?

People either have to respect the system, or not. And if you respect it, then respect the fact that this woman has right to be bailed out of prison at the amount set. But please, folks, please don't think that LE should bend or shape the system's laws for THIS case, based on YOUR opinion.

:rolleyes:

MD MOMMY
08-17-2008, 08:36 PM
I was waiting for Dog to weigh in on this. Thanks for posting.

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 08:36 PM
I feel attack here. I am sorry, I came here to discuss Dog. That is all.
Please pick on someone else. I am not interested in an argument. I like to come to WS's as a hobby.
I have no hidden agenda.
I feel that both you and Selma owe me an apology for attacking me. Read my byline.
This is not a courtroom. I don't ever attack people. I put my opinions out there.
I just can't believe what happened here. For me it's a WS's first.

JBean
08-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Exactly! What bothers me about some of the opinions I read here, is that on ONE hand, everyone against the bail out is saying, "Let LE do their job! LE has more info than we already know! Padilla isn't qualified to .... WHATEVER!" On the OTHER hand, these same people are basically saying that our justice system (LE!) is screwed up because the SET a bail amount set for Casey Anthony.

Is everyone just peeved that someone is bailing her out, according to their RIGHT to do so?

People either have to respect the system, or not. And if you respect it, then respect the fact that this woman has right to be bailed out of prison at the amount set. But please, folks, please don't think that LE should bend or shape the system's laws for THIS case, based on YOUR opinion.

I get frustrated with the system a lot. I think we all do. I hate to see murderers walk because of technicalities just as much as the next guy. But it's the best thing goin' on right now and I accept that. I do not support the DP, yet people are executed. I accept that even though it is not what I think our justice system should do.
IMO, if they have what they need to get a court order to keep her in jail, they will do so.
What is on my mind is if they cannot get her bail revoked, what will that tell us in terms of what evidence they have..or don't have?

JBean
08-17-2008, 08:40 PM
I feel attack here. I am sorry, I came here to discuss Dog. That is all.
Please pick on someone else. I am not interested in an argument. I like to come to WS's as a hobby.
I have no hidden agenda.
I feel that both you and Selma owe me an apology for attacking me. Read my byline.
This is not a courtroom. I don't ever attack people. I put my opinions out there.
I just can't believe what happened here. For me it's a WS's first.
CC! How do you feel attacked? I would never do that. I thought we were debating a topic that we have a differnt viewpoint on. I am also sharing my opinions. Please re read my posts.:)

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 08:41 PM
IF you want a criminal justice thread start one. THIS thread is about Dog.

SouthernMom
08-17-2008, 08:44 PM
What is on my mind is if they cannot get her bail revoked, what will that tell us in terms of what evidence they have..or don't have?

Sounds like it will be a very interesting week.

JBean
08-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Sounds like it will be a very interesting week.
I think it is going to be a biggy. I think he she walks out,I have concerns about what the evidence shows.

JBean
08-17-2008, 08:50 PM
I am trying to upload the clip from DOG on FOX today and having problems. :(
How's that clip comig? I haven't seen it yet.

JBean
08-17-2008, 08:52 PM

OMG that is funny elphaba. I don;t know much about Dog, so I am anxious to get up to speed on him.

Patty G
08-17-2008, 08:56 PM
How's that clip comig? I haven't seen it yet.

Keep your fingers crossed as it says it's processing to You Tube.

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 08:56 PM
I get frustrated with the system a lot. I think we all do. I hate to see murderers walk because of technicalities just as much as the next guy. But it's the best thing goin' on right now and I accept that. I do not support the DP, yet people are executed. I accept that even though it is not what I think our justice system should do.
IMO, if they have what they need to get a court order to keep her in jail, they will do so.

Heya JBean!

I hear ya. I'm not so sure that they'd revoke (or increase?) bail based on what they think they have at this point. It's all just so willy nilly, it seems. Some suspects, for murder (which Casey is not at this point) are held without bail. Some are assigned bail. There doesn't seem to be any 'norm', if you will. I guess it's all based upon a judge's decision --- and that's why they call them judge!
:p

I believe that they'd have to have something incredibly concrete to withhold bail, or at least, a circumstance. IE; O.J.Simpson was held in prison until his trial because he "fled" in the Bronco. We all know how that turned out, for better or worse.

This gal is being held at a high bail amount because she's been uncooperative and seemingly uncaring about the disappearance of her baby daughter. She's not in prison because she's a murder supsect. There's no evidence that a murder took place.

We don't have to LIKE it, but we do have to respect it ---- and, we're the only people who have to respect it. The judge also must respect that she is not a murder suspect. (He must hate it, too... but maybe not. Again, maybe that's why he's a judge and we aren't judges.)

Very, very compelling case so far!
Thanks for the good dialogue!
:)
S

JBean
08-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Keep your fingers crossed as it says it's processing to You Tube.
Thanks PattyG. I am looking forward to watching it.

JBean
08-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Heya JBean!

I hear ya. I'm not so sure that they'd revoke (or increase?) bail based on what they think they have at this point. It's all just so willy nilly, it seems. Some suspects, for murder (which Casey is not at this point) are held without bail. Some are assigned bail. There doesn't seem to be any 'norm', if you will. I guess it's all based upon a judge's decision --- and that's why they call them judge!

I believe that they'd have to have something incredibly concrete to withhold bail, or at least, a circumstance. IE; O.J.Simpson was held in prison until his trial because he "fled" in the Bronco. We all know how that turned out, for better or worse.

This gal is being held at a high bail amount because she's been uncooperative and seemingly uncaring about the disappearance of her baby daughter. She's not in prison because she's a murder supsect. There's no evidence that a murder took place.

We don't have to LIKE it, but we do have to respect it ---- and, we're the only people who have to respect it. The judge also must respect that she is not a murder suspect. (He must hate it, too... but maybe not. Again, maybe that's why he's a judge and we aren't judges.)

Very, very compelling case so far!
Thanks for the good dialogue!
:)
SThis is part of the reason I find this local case here so interesting. The guy is NOT charged with murder, but he is the number 1 suspect. So he is jailed on other charges that come with a 500k bond. But the DA argued successfully to the judge that his bail should be denied because he is a murder suspect!

Patty G
08-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Finally! Dog on FOX!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqWgxXX9SUQ

JBean
08-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Finally!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqWgxXX9SUQ
:woohoo:thanks!

Patty G
08-17-2008, 09:18 PM
:woohoo:thanks!

My pleasure! :)

jd_martin
08-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Exactly! What bothers me about some of the opinions I read here, is that on ONE hand, everyone against the bail out is saying, "Let LE do their job! LE has more info than we already know! Padilla isn't qualified to .... WHATEVER!" On the OTHER hand, these same people are basically saying that our justice system (LE!) is screwed up because they SET a bail amount set for Casey Anthony.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

GizzySmith
08-17-2008, 09:24 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a384/GizmoBird/Emotions/thanxabunch1.gif

MD MOMMY
08-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks Patty!

amethyst221
08-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks for your post.
I disagree, of course.
I think what I posted was just fine and very appropriate. It was my opinion regarding the large amount of WS members who feel Casey Anthony murdered her daughter (even though we don't know anything of the sort yet.)
As you know, our opinions are welcome on WS, even if they're unpopular.

It's probably not a good idea to interpret unpopular opinions, or disagreement with your own, as an "attack." It doesn't make any of us right, imo.

I didn't interpret disagreement with my opinion as an attack, or the expression of an unpopular opinion as an attack. I find a post by one member to another, in the middle of a discussion, mocking and being condescending about what others are currently posting, and mischaracterizing it, to not be in the proper spirit of discussion/ no name calling, etc. I said exactly that and no more in the post to which you have responded. We disagree, and since my opinion is equally welcome, I guess we leave it there.

MD MOMMY
08-17-2008, 09:33 PM
So back on track...

He is saying that Tony would have to have the 500K in cash and NOT the line of credit he has with the security company..interesting. I need to research FL law on this..I just don't get it.

JBean
08-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Okay so that was interesting. I see his POV and makes me think, like SuziQ(?) mentioned before, that she isn't going anywhere.

dkitty
08-17-2008, 09:35 PM
I think Dog knows what he is talking about! I also think that we have forgotten that LE is in charge of Casey and the court. Her bond reduction was denied twice. I know that LE sticks together. If there is anything they can come up with to keep her in jail, trust me THEY WILL.

I'm with you!!

ShouldBWorking
08-17-2008, 09:35 PM
said no "welfare bond" I wonder if they have $500,000 just laying around

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 09:36 PM
I didn't interpret disagreement with my opinion as an attack, or the expression of an unpopular opinion as an attack. I find a post by one member to another, in the middle of a discussion, mocking and being condescending about what others are currently posting, and mischaracterizing it, to not be in the proper spirit of discussion/ no name calling, etc. I said exactly that and no more in the post to which you have responded. We disagree, and since my opinion is equally welcome, I guess we leave it there.

We could leave it there, if you didn't "attack" my debate style, personally.

As I said previously, I've contacted the Mods to do what they see fit.

You're free to THINK that a disagreement is "condescending" and "not in the proper spirit" but I TOTALLY believe this is just another way of saying that you don't wish to hear my opinion because it doesn't coincide with your own.

JBean
08-17-2008, 09:36 PM
So back on track...

He is saying that Tony would have to have the 500K in cash and NOT the line of credit he has with the security company..interesting. I need to research FL law on this..I just don't get it.
My GUESS is that it is sort of like buying a house. they don;t want you to get the downpayment given to you, because you are more likely to walk away from the house if things get too rough. They want you to have enough invested in your home to take care of the mortage.
So, maybe they want the defendant or the family to have a big investment in bail, so that they are more likely to show up to court.
It would be easier for me to lose YOUR 50K that it would be to lose MY 50k. :)

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm with you!!

I think Dog knows what he is talking about. I want to thank YOU PattyG for uploading that for us!

MD MOMMY
08-17-2008, 09:37 PM
said no "welfare bond" I wonder if they have $500,000 just laying around

I doubt it or they wouldn't have went to the bank in Texas right? BUT then again money can come from mysterious places.

Feistyoldbroad
08-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks so much Patty.

I wish Dog would join our forum!

jd_martin
08-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Okay so that was interesting. I see his POV and makes me think, like SuziQ(?) mentioned before, that she isn't going anywhere.

I believe Tony said last night that a Florida licensed Bondsman would put up the money for him since he only has a California License. Therefore the Florida guy is putting up the money(cash) and Tony has the money guaranteed through his people, just in case he needs to pay the Florida Bondsman back.

MD MOMMY
08-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks so much Patty.

Invite him over Patty:-)

curiositycat
08-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks so much Patty.

Me too! I love me some dog!! :bananapowerslide::bananapowerslide::bananapowersl ide:

JBean
08-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks so much Patty.

Now THAT wuld be fun.

MD MOMMY
08-17-2008, 09:41 PM
My GUESS is that it is sort of like buying a house. they don;t want you to get the downpayment given to you, because you are more likely to walk away from the house if things get too rough. They want you to have enough invested in your home to take care of the mortage.
So, maybe they want the defendant or the family to have a big investment in bail, so that they are more likely to show up to court.
It would be easier for me to lose YOUR 50K that it would be to lose MY 50k. :)

Now that you put it like that I totally get it..I've been through the house thing a few times. What you wrote makes perfect sense..I think you're right.

JBean
08-17-2008, 09:42 PM
I believe Tony said last night that a Florida licensed Bondsman would put up the money for him since he only has a California License. Therefore the Florida guy is putting up the money(cash) and Tony has the money guaranteed through his people, just in case he needs to pay the Florida Bondsman back.
Thanks JD.That is what I understood him to say as well. But I think what the issue is is that you can't have someone else put everything up for you. maybe I misunderstood.
IOW, the Anthony's would have to put up something for this to fly?

MD MOMMY
08-17-2008, 09:43 PM

Yes he did say that about the FL BB putting up the money..I'm not sure if he said cash as in cold hard cash OR if this person was going through a security company/bank as well...

donnam
08-17-2008, 09:44 PM
I think Dog knows what he is talking about. I want to thank YOU PattyG for uploading that for us!

I do too.
And not for one minute do I think he is "jealous" of Padilla. That to me is actually laughable.

JBean
08-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Now that you put it like that I totally get it..I've been through the house thing a few times. What you wrote makes perfect sense..I think you're right.
It is just a guess but reading my own words it does kind of make sense.
I am mostly anxious to see if her bail is going to stand. If she is bailed out,. so be it..I just want to see how this whole thing goes down.

Patty G
08-17-2008, 09:45 PM
FYI .... I also put the link in the Media Forum! :)

Feistyoldbroad
08-17-2008, 09:45 PM
I do too.
And not for one minute do I think he is "jealous" of Padilla. That to me is actually laughable.

VERY laughable since most people have actually heard of Dog!

Patty G
08-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Invite him over Patty:-)

Do you think I have an "in" with the DOG? :)

JBean
Yes he did say that about the FL BB putting up the money..I'm not sure if he said cash as in cold hard cash OR if this person was going through a security company/bank as well...
500k is a lot of money to have tied up for what could be a very long time. It could be out there working for him, so I don't think he would bypass the bond and put up the cash. but then again this whole case is so strange..who knows!?

curiositycat
I do too.
Dog has worked himself up from nothing, and without pulling any publicity stunts or anything. I don't think he has the need to be jealous of anyone either. His show on A&E is coming back on. Maybe it already has. I will have to check. :blowkiss:

sweetmop
08-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks so much Patty.

Oh, I wish he would too!:heart:

And also my thanks to Patty!

curiositycat
Do you think I have an "in" with the DOG? :)
You wish miss Patty!!! LOL:blowkiss:

donnam

Right!!

jd_martin
08-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks JD.That is what I understood him to say as well. But I think what the issue is is that you can't have someone else put everything up for you. maybe I misunderstood.
IOW, the Anthony's would have to put up something for this to fly?

No clue, i would look it up but reading law material gives me a headache and i really dont understand it when i do read it. I honestly hope she gets out on bail, just to see if anything positive comes out of this even though im very doubtful it will.

Patty G
08-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Dog has worked himself up from nothing, and without pulling any publicity stunts or anything. I don't think he has the need to be jealous of anyone either. His show on A&E is coming back on. Maybe it already has. I will have to check. :blowkiss:

It's been back on since mid July! :) :)

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 09:49 PM

I haven't.

curiositycat
It's been back on since mid July! :) :)
night and time???

Patty G
You wish miss Patty!!! LOL:blowkiss:

YUP, I wish! (big sigh)

donnam

It has started back up again. I DVR it all the time LOL. I never miss an episode.

Patty G
08-17-2008, 09:50 PM
night and time???

Wednesday @ 9:30 PM

donnam
08-17-2008, 09:52 PM
I haven't.
Then how can you claim he may be jealous?

Here ya go. Read up on Dog and see what he is all about.

http://www.dogthebountyhunter.com/

Carrington
No clue, i would look it up but reading law material gives me a headache and i really dont understand it when i do read it. I honestly hope she gets out on bail, just to see if anything positive comes out of this even though im very doubtful it will.

I see it as forcing LE's hand. If they have the goods, show um.

IMO

Koozit
My pleasure! :)

Thank You Patty

JBean
08-17-2008, 09:54 PM
No clue, i would look it up but reading law material gives me a headache and i really dont understand it when i do read it. I honestly hope she gets out on bail, just to see if anything positive comes out of this even though im very doubtful it will.NO argument from me there JD. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

MD MOMMY
08-17-2008, 09:54 PM
It is just a guess but reading my own words it does kind of make sense.
I am mostly anxious to see if her bail is going to stand. If she is bailed out,. so be it..I just want to see how this whole thing goes down.

That is how I feel to. I think there are pro's and con's to both scenarios but the utter suspense is enough to kill me!

JBean
08-17-2008, 09:55 PM
I see it as forcing LE's hand. If they have the goods, show um.

IMO
Exactly. I agree 100%.

Patty G
08-17-2008, 09:55 PM
This is what the DOG wrote on his website: July 20, 2008. He has been interested right from the beginning.

Caylee needs your help
July 20, 2008

Time is our enemy and Caylee needs your help! If you have any information email us now! You will be kept 100 % anonymous... Caylee needs your help, spread the word.
Send emails to leadsfordog@gmail.com
Read more about this story below:

Deputies with the Orange County Sheriff's Office said they plan to spend the day working the phones, following up on tips that have come in regarding the disappearance of 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony.
There were no new developments in the case Sunday, even after Caylee Marie's family implored people to get the word out and handed out fliers Saturday in hopes of finding the girl.

Caylee was reported missing Tuesday, but her mother told authorities the toddler has not been seen since June 9. The girl's mother, 22-year-old Casey Anthony, was arrested Wednesday night after telling investigators a string of lies about the child's disappearance.

"Nothing concrete has come in," said Carlos Padilla, a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Office. After so many hours of searching, Padilla added, "We need to regroup and get out thoughts together."
Padilla said detectives also will follow up on reports that Cindy Anthony, Caylee's grandmother, has told television reporters that her daughter got a call from the little girl on Tuesday. The grandmother told reporters that when Casey Anthony asked the girl to put an adult on the phone, the line went dead.

But authorities said Cindy Anthony hadn't brought up the mysterious call until now.
"At this point, we don't know that to be true," Padilla said. "That never came up. To my knowledge, that wasn't brought up when the investigation started."

Padilla said deputies are still operating under the hope that Caylee is alive. He repeated earlier assertions that help from Caylee's mother is key to finding the child, saying Casey Anthony has "not done anything to facilitate us locating this child."

SeriouslySearching
08-17-2008, 09:56 PM
I still maintain that if there are any grounds to deny her bail then they will do that. If there aren't then they won't and she has the right, at this point, to be bailed out.I agree. Also, I would like to point out that if her parents had been able to come up with the money to bail her out...she would be in their custody alone!

I am beginning to think this is definitely a better route if Casey is in fact released. While is it extremely unsual for a bounty hunter to be involved in the actual release of any prisoner (normally it isn't until they take off), this does serve a few purposes. It secures that Casey will return to her court dates. It allows her to have a "bodyguard" to prevent some wackjob from killing her. It also is more security to prevent her from committing suicide. Her parents cannot offer her any of those things. So it could be MUCH worse!

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 09:59 PM

Amen!
It's almost like people aren't interested that something COULD come of this that could solve the case.
And here I thought everyone was interested in finding out what happened to this precious little baby girl.

Are our opinions MORE precious to us than finding out what REALLY happened, even if that means venturing outside the norm?

C'mon!

Again, the worst case scenario is that they find out nothing more than LE has found out so far.
So what?
Why all the emotional discourse and dissention about this NON-murder suspect getting out with the bail the JUDGE set?

JBean
08-17-2008, 10:01 PM
I agree. Also, I would like to point out that if her parents had been able to come up with the money to bail her out...she would be in their custody alone!

I am beginning to think this is definitely a better route if Casey is in fact released. While is it extremely unsual for a bounty hunter to be involved in the actual release of any prisoner (normally it isn't until they take off), this does serve a few purposes. It secures that Casey will return to her court dates. It allows her to have a "bodyguard" to prevent some wackjob from killing her. It also is more security to prevent her from committing suicide. Her parents cannot offer her any of those things. So it could be MUCH worse!
I am really leaning this way too SS.
But talk about putting just another dramatic element into an already dramatic case! sheesh!

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Then how can you claim he may be jealous?

Because I don't care.
I only care that Padilla is actually DOING something to try to get information.
This "Dog" person is doing nothing.

Okay?

SeriouslySearching
08-17-2008, 10:06 PM
I am really leaning this way too SS.
But talk about putting just another dramatic element into an already dramatic case! sheesh!I know! I wasn't at all happy about it initially, but after actually listening and thinking about it this weekend...it made more sense. I guess giving Mr. Padilla a few minutes of my time was worthwhile since it made me stop to realize it was only the anger of the moment and this isn't the worst that could happen by any stretch.

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=Patty G;2513273]This is what the DOG wrote on his website: July 20, 2008. He has been interested right from the beginning.

Patty,

What you copied/pasted from the "Dog's" website is pretty similar to what all media has reported.

What did I miss that you were trying to convey, as pertains how he's been "interested right from the beginning?"

Thanks

Patty G
08-17-2008, 10:08 PM
OK ... so I clicked on the email address leadsfordog@gmail.com and sent DOG an invite to the forum. I couldn't resist! :)

Patty G
08-17-2008, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=Patty G;2513273]This is what the DOG wrote on his website: July 20, 2008. He has been interested right from the beginning.

Patty,

What you copied/pasted from the "Dog's" website is pretty similar to what all media has reported.

What did I miss that you were trying to convey, as pertains how he's been "interested right from the beginning?"

Thanks

Just that he posted back in July that he was looking for leads, for whatever reason.

JBean
08-17-2008, 10:09 PM
I know! I wasn't at all happy about it initially, but after actually listening and thinking about it this weekend...it made more sense. I guess giving Mr. Padilla a few minutes of my time was worthwhile since it made me stop to realize it was only the anger of the moment and this isn't the worst that could happen by any stretch.
My thing is that I think things like bail should be very carefully protected. Now if she is accused of murder and the court chooses to deny her bail, I repsect that too.

donnam
08-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Because I don't care.

Okay?

Wow!
I just asked how you can say he may be jealous if you don't know anything about him.

I also HOPE Padilla CAN get Casey to talk. I hope they find Caylee and find her alive.

Patty G
08-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Because I don't care.

Okay?

DOG can't do anything here. Neither can Padilla except bond her out and babysit Casey.

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 10:12 PM
OK ... so I clicked on the email address leadsfordog@gmail.com and sent DOG an invite to the forum. I couldn't resist! :)

NICE! This could make everything more interesting, maybe!

donnam
08-17-2008, 10:17 PM
NICE! This could make everything more interesting, maybe!

I agree with that!!

LI_Mom
08-17-2008, 10:24 PM
DOG can't do anything here. Neither can Padilla except bond her out and babysit Casey.

And what disgusts me is to think that if Casey found it so easy to resist telling the truth while practically in solitary confinement... I'm afraid a taste of freedom will recharge her batteries & make it possible for her to hold out even longer.

IMO, there's no logical reason for Casey to change what has been working so far...... without a body, she's charged with neglect & the 2 misdemeanors is out in under 10 years.

She's all of a sudden going to decide her parent's welfare is more important than her own? Yeah, THAT'S as likely as ZG walking into OCPD holding Caylee's hand & saying they just returned from a trip to Timbuktu.

donnam
08-17-2008, 10:25 PM
You mean Caseysit! :)

:laughbounce::laughbounce:

DAWN TREADER
08-17-2008, 10:33 PM
http://www.ilovehou.com/twonicknames/gifsite/july02/hulahula.gif

Thanks Patty G - you rock!

As for Dog - I'm glad FOX News invited him to comment on this issue given that he, like Padilla, is a bounty hunter. If you notice, he said nothing disparaging about Padilla. He simply offered his opinion and some advice to a fellow bounty hunter. As for any jealousy - I don't think that's the case at all.

DAWN TREADER
08-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Bail Agents in Florida are regulated in several ways. First by Title XXXVII of Florida Statutes, Chapter 648 and by Title XLVII, Chapter 903. Secondly by the Florida Insurance Code and finally by the Department of Financial Services' Administrative Rules. Posting a bail bond involves a contractual undertaking guaranteed by a bail agency, surety and the indemnitor (usually a relative or close friend). The bail bond is a financial guarantee to the court that the defendant will appear in court each and every time the court orders.

Continue Reading Here

http://www.bailflorida.com/AboutBailBonds.htm

DAWN TREADER
08-17-2008, 11:08 PM
And what disgusts me is to think that if Casey found it so easy to resist telling the truth while practically in solitary confinement... I'm afraid a taste of freedom will recharge her batteries & make it possible for her to hold out even longer.

IMO, there's no logical reason for Casey to change what has been working so far...... without a body, she's charged with neglect & the 2 misdemeanors is out in under 10 years.

She's all of a sudden going to decide her parent's welfare is more important than her own? Yeah, THAT'S as likely as ZG walking into OCPD holding Caylee's hand & saying they just returned from a trip to Timbuktu.

Hi LI Mom -

I must say, I think it is highly unlikely Casey will cooperate with Padilla simply because he isn't LE or the FBI and as such, if he really wants to find Caylee he should do so in concert with volunteering his services to LE and the FBI. Second, I agree with others that releasing Casey on bail aside from being her legal right - isn't the worst thing that could happen. The worst thing has already happened. A 3 year old child is missing and no one knows for certain when, where, how or why she disappeared.

DeltaDawn
08-17-2008, 11:12 PM

I guess what I am trying to figure out is does an out of state bailbondsman have the right to not only bail her out but then set the terms and conditions of how they will handle her after a bailout? I have never heard of a bailbondsman taking a bounty hunter with them when they initially bail some out and setting the standards.

If you know of another case similiar where this happened I would love to read it. My take was that normally a bounty hunter came in after someone jumped bail...not before they were even bailed out. Just can't think of a time the bailbondsman came with a bounty hunter in tow..that sort of defeats the whole idea of bailing someone out if you believe they will jump bail.

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 11:17 PM
My thing is that I think things like bail should be very carefully protected. Now if she is accused of murder and the court chooses to deny her bail, I repsect that too.

How should it be "very carefully protected?"
Judges either set bail or they don't.
What more should they do, in your opinion?

SuziQ
08-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Hi LI Mom -

I must say, I think it is highly unlikely Casey will cooperate with Padilla simply because he isn't LE or the FBI and as such, if he really wants to find Caylee he should do so in concert with volunteering his services to LE and the FBI. Second, I agree with others that releasing Casey on bail aside from being her legal right - isn't the worst thing that could happen. The worst thing has already happened. A 3 year old child is missing and no one knows for certain when, where, how or why she disappeared.

It could get much worse, the person with the secret as to what happened to Caylee could go bye bye, commit suicide or have become even more mentally worse off than she already is. The chances of getting her to talk/confess/give up any useful info is slim to none and frankly not worth the risk.

The Padillas came out with their guns a blazing, saying how they were bailing Casey out. It's not as easy as they were trying to make it sound. They backpedled a bit on the Tony thread last night and in the media. Admitting oh yeah, conditions have to be met, etc. They jumped in without knowing much about the case. Tony admits that he didn't know much. Leonardo now admits that LE will probably level more charges against her.

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 11:22 PM
I guess what I am trying to figure out is does an out of state bailbondsman have the right to not only bail her out but then set the terms and conditions of how they will handle her after a bailout? I have never heard of a bailbondsman taking a bounty hunter with them when they initially bail some out and setting the standards.

If you know of another case similiar where this happened I would love to read it. My take was that normally a bounty hunter came in after someone jumped bail...not before they were even bailed out. Just can't think of a time the bailbondsman came with a bounty hunter in tow..that sort of defeats the whole idea of bailing someone out if you believe they will jump bail.

As we've all read and heard, there will be stipulations agreed upon before Padilla (the bail bondsman) agrees to bail her out. If those stipulations aren't agreed to, or if Padilla doesn't feel it would be in anyone's best interest, he won't bail her out. It's not really a done deal yet.

And, it's okay that you've never heard of this situation before.
Neither have I; probably neither has anyone else.
New and different things (thinking) are always being presented in our lives.
That's part of what makes life a bit more interesting, imo.

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 11:23 PM
It could get much worse, the person with the secret as to what happened to Caylee could go bye bye, commit suicide or have become even more mentally worse off than she already is. The chances of getting her to talk/confess/give up any useful info is slim to none and frankly not worth the risk.

The Padillas came out with their guns a blazing, saying how they were bailing Casey out. It's not as easy as they were trying to make it sound. They backpedled a bit on the Tony thread last night and in the media. Admitting oh yeah, conditions have to be met, etc. They jumped in without knowing much about the case. Tony admits that he didn't know much. Leonardo now admits that LE will probably level more charges against her.

If Casey commits suicide (while in 24/7 custody after bail), it would be no different than the current situation, where she's not telling LE anything.

The point here is that LE's methods have not inspired her to talk. This method is worth a shot. It can't get any worse.

Openmyeyes
08-17-2008, 11:25 PM

You go Patty G - :woohoo::woohoo:

I hope you get an answer and he agrees. It would be nice knowing what he thinks is actually happening if Casey does bond out.

DeltaDawn
08-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Amen!
It's almost like people aren't interested that something COULD come of this that could solve the case.
And here I thought everyone was interested in finding out what happened to this precious little baby girl.

Are our opinions MORE precious to us than finding out what REALLY happened, even if that means venturing outside the norm?

C'mon!

Again, the worst case scenario is that they find out nothing more than LE has found out so far.
So what?
Why all the emotional discourse and dissention about this NON-murder suspect getting out with the bail the JUDGE set?

First of all having read last week from LE..this has become such a circus that they have had to hold a press conference to clear up the mess the Anthony's have made talking to the press.

Now these two come in and insert themselves into this case. The bad that comes from it is once again the light is taken off of Caylee and shown on these new interlopers, Casey and her family..how is that helpful to actually solving this case? What postive new info will come of this?

These people are not working for LE, they are working for Casey, her family and her attorney. They will share any info first and foremost with them..that only helps her defense and will not help us find Caylee..if anything this is one more delaying tactic.

However I do not believe they will be successful in bailing her out. The judge set that bail because he wanted her sitting in jail, not on the street. Her bail will be rescinded in my opinion.

SelmaClue
I guess what I am trying to figure out is does an out of state bailbondsman have the right to not only bail her out but then set the terms and conditions of how they will handle her after a bailout?

If he doesn't have the right, we'll know soon enough.

JBean
How should it be "very carefully protected?"
Judges either set bail or they don't.
What more should they do, in your opinion?
OH I meant that in general. If one should be allowed bond then they should get it.

JBean
08-17-2008, 11:33 PM

I think he has the right to ask for anything he wants in exchange for coming up with the bond. She has the right to accept or decline. The terms of the bond are between the bondsman and the defendant.

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 11:34 PM
[/B]

First of all having read last week from LE..this has become such a circus that they have had to hold a press conference to clear up the mess the Anthony's have made talking to the press.

Now these two come in and insert themselves into this case. The bad that comes from it is once again the light is taken off of Caylee and shown on these new interlopers, Casey and her family..how is that helpful to actually solving this case? What postive do you feel will come of this?

These people are not working for LE, they are working for Casey, her family and her attorney. They will share any info first and foremost with them..that only helps her defense and will not help us find Caylee..if anything this is one more delaying tactic.

You and I must be reading entirely different quotes from the Padilla camp. What we've got in writing, on this website, is that their ONLY mission is to find Caylee. I'm guessing you've not yet caught up in your reading of his posts since yesterday.

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 11:35 PM
OH I meant that in general. If one should be allowed bond then they should get it.

Ahhh, ok. Gotcha. :)

LI_Mom
08-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Hi LI Mom -

Amen, Dawn. After what happened to Caylee, anything concerning Casey pales in comparison.

I think people have to remember... we're reacting to news of Casey's release on two SEPARATE levels....

we can all appreciate her legal rights & we don't want to strip anyone of those rights.

On the other hand, EMOTIONALLY, we're disgusted because we are appalled at the MOCKERY she makes of the very legal system we support.

We don't feel there's much chance Caylee is still alive & it's hard to imagine that this so called mother has ANY reason to want her body to be found at this point.

I think any time away from jail will simply be a time for Casey to enjoy her new 'fame' & to make sure her mother really, really understands that it's all HER fault for causing all this trouble. If Casey's going to jail..... she wants to make sure her mother will suffer just as much as possible.

DeltaDawn
08-17-2008, 11:39 PM
You and I must be reading entirely different quotes from the Padilla camp. What we've got in writing, on this website, is that their ONLY mission is to find Caylee. I'm guessing you've not yet caught up in your reading of his posts since yesterday.

I certainly did read what the bailbonds man wrote last night. But I don't think that is their only objective. I don't think holding Casey in a room with 24 hour watch is going to make her talk anymore then it has in jail.

Feistyoldbroad
08-17-2008, 11:41 PM
I certainly did read what the bailbonds man wrote last night. But I don't think that is their only objective. I don't think holding Casey in a room with 24 hour watch is going to make her talk anymore then it has in jail.

ITA DD ! I'm so glad this is America and we are all entitled to our own opinion!:woohoo:

EastSideOfSaddness
08-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Simple question not sure if it makes sense...I was just thinking...

Let's just say that the Padilla's knew right away that they would not be able to bail her out but acted like they were etc. Could it be that this was done to make LE "burn the midnight oil" to come up with charges faster than normal so her attorney would know what LE had against her? Also possibly "rushing" the case so LE wouldn't have solid proof of anything??

I don't think I made sense....I'm tired---off to bed!

SeriouslySearching
08-17-2008, 11:47 PM
I have seen it with my own eyes that a bondsman did bail out a person and the bounty hunter stayed with him until returning him to court a few days later. It was a different type of situation...but they wanted him out and kept safe during that time. However, I believe it is highly unusual as I said before.

rm_blogger
08-17-2008, 11:48 PM
To be honest, I have no clue at all who "Dog" might be. I don't have cable because my life doesn't warrant the time-to-cost ratio. I am too busy to watch TV. :p

I contend that anyone in Padilla's same line of business is bound to say something contradictory to what Padilla is doing, for a number of reasons. This kind of stuff makes me wish Padilla more luck than ever. I wish ALL people involved with this case luck, of course ----- but this "Dog" person has me wishing more than I normally would.
:o

I agree. I think the only reason that Duane Chapman went on to do the interview at all is because he doesn't want anyone encroaching on his meal ticket, i.e. reality tv.

SeriouslySearching
08-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Simple question not sure if it makes sense...I was just thinking...

Let's just say that the Padilla's knew right away that they would not be able to bail her out but acted like they were etc. Could it be that this was done to make LE "burn the midnight oil" to come up with charges faster than normal so her attorney would know what LE had against her? Also possibly "rushing" the case so LE wouldn't have solid proof of anything??

I don't think I made sense....I'm tired---off to bed!It made perfect sense and it could be a defense move for just that reason.

amasleuth
Alright! I didn't know Dog weighed in. Thanks for posting this.
:-)

SelmaClue

Okay, but are you against seeing if Padilla could work some magic?
If so, why are you against it?

I feel it's painfully obvious that those opposed to her being released on the bail (that the judge has set) are only interested in seeing the gal fry for a crime that has yet to even have evidence of being committed.

(Don't shoot the messenger. These are the facts so far.)

If anyone opposed to her release has another reason why Padilla shouldn't give this a fair shot, please state it?
Thanks

awakening2lite
08-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Bail Agents in Florida are regulated in several ways. First by Title XXXVII of Florida Statutes, Chapter 648 and by Title XLVII, Chapter 903. Secondly by the Florida Insurance Code and finally by the Department of Financial Services' Administrative Rules. Posting a bail bond involves a contractual undertaking guaranteed by a bail agency, surety and the indemnitor (usually a relative or close friend). The bail bond is a financial guarantee to the court that the defendant will appear in court each and every time the court orders.

Continue Reading Here

http://www.bailflorida.com/AboutBailBonds.htm

Hello DAWN TREADER {{big wave}}

So nice to read you, again. It's been a long time.

Another fact to take issue with is the assurance Leonard Padilla gave when he stated he would be make sure she didn't go on the run and in fact he would hunt her down. Here's the problem:

EXCERPT
Florida does not allow bounty hunters.

* Apprehension of bail fugitives is only allowed as set forth in FS 648.30(2)&(3):
* (2) No person shall represent himself or herself to be a bail enforcement agent, bounty hunter, or other similar title in [Florida].
* (3) No person, other than a certified law enforcement officer, shall be authorized to apprehend, detain, or arrest a principal on a bond, wherever issued, unless that person is qualified, licensed, and appointed as provided in this chapter or licensed as a bail bond agent by the state where the bond was written.
* Violation of this is a 3rd class felony. [FS 648.30(4)].

source: http://www.americanbailcoalition.com...ail%20Laws.htm (http://www.americanbailcoalition.com/Bail%20Laws/Florida%20Bail%20Laws.htm)

States eliminating free lance bounty hunters, but allowing full time "runners" who work for 1 bond agent at a time.

1. Florida

All bail runners must be licensed, and work only for one bond agent (i.e., eliminating free lance bounty hunters), be over 18, a resident of the state, have no criminal record, and pass a certification course, Fla. Stat. 648.37. One cannot make an arrest on an out of state bond unless the person is licensed in the state or the state where the bond was written. Fla. Stat. 648.30.

source: http://www.americanbailcoalition.com...ter%20Laws.htm (http://www.americanbailcoalition.com/new_html/Bounty%20Hunter%20Laws.htm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This, along with the information provided by The Dog, leads me to believe the case has not been investigated in any way by the Padillas.

And it is puzzling how Leonard Padilla believes he can obtain information from Casey Anthony, not turn that information or discovery over to the LE and not face the Judge for interfering, with holding evidence, and perhaps, obstructing justice. I can't image a licensed Florida Attorney would advice him to do so.

I did do a little research and discover that Leonard Padilla is listed in the Yellowpages as sharing the same address and suite as a PI agency. Perhaps he is planning on their involvement in a (license) reciprocal situation in Florida so that he could attempt to circumvent the laws by relying on the fact a PI work in progress is not subject to subpoena. I really don't know.

As The Dog so apply pointed out, how can Casey help to find Caylee when she is confined to house arrest?

All this and more raises my suspicions as to why they are eager to be involved in what seems a pointless activity.

amasleuth
08-17-2008, 11:52 PM
This is part of the reason I find this local case here so interesting. The guy is NOT charged with murder, but he is the number 1 suspect. So he is jailed on other charges that come with a 500k bond. But the DA argued successfully to the judge that his bail should be denied because he is a murder suspect!

What guy?

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 11:56 PM
EXCERPT

Casey Anthony is not a bail fugitive.
She's being bailed out by a bail bondsman.
The "bounty hunter" is someone who is willing to work with her during her bail release period.

If Cindy & George could've been able to afford her bail, what then? She'd be in their home; ankle bracelet, conversations monitored (doubtful!), whatever.

Anyone with the $$$ can post bail for any other person needing bail.

You don't have to like it, but if you don't like it .... it's the same as saying you don't respect our justice system whereby a bail amount is set.

Everyone needs to remember that her only felony charge is neglect of a minor child. It is not murder.

It makes ya crazy, doesn't it?
:bang:

JBean
08-17-2008, 11:58 PM
What guy?
I wrote a post earlier about a current case here in CA. A man is charged and incarcerated for charges that are totally unrelated to the murder of his wife. The crimes he is charged with come with a 500 k bond. However, his wife was murdered and he is the number one suspect. But he has not been charged with her murder.
So at his bail hearing, the DA argued that he should not be allowed out on his 500k bail because he is a murder suspect that is under investigation.
Initially the judge said he wasn't buying it and granted the guy bail But he also gave the DA 2 days to appeal it and come up with something better.
The DA gave some of the reasons why he thinks this guy murdered his wife and the judge revoked the bail!
So IOW, he is jailed on bondable offenses, but was denied bail because he is a murder suspect.

SelmaClue
08-17-2008, 11:58 PM
This, along with the information provided by The Dog, leads me to believe the case has not been investigated in any way by the Padillas.

Sad but true: It doesn't matter.
Anyone with the cash to bail someone out, can.

SelmaClue
08-18-2008, 12:03 AM
I wrote a post earlier about a current case here in CA. A man is charged and incarcerated for charges that are totally unrelated to the murder of his wife. The crimes he is charged with come with a 500 k bond. However, his wife was murdered and he is the number one suspect. But he has not been charged with her murder.
So at his bail hearing, the DA argued that he should not be allowed out on his 500k bail because he is a murder suspect that is under investigation.
Initially the judge said he wasn't buying it and granted the guy bail But he also gave the DA 2 days to appeal it and come up with something better.
The DA gave some of the reasons why he thinks this guy murdered his wife and the judge revoked the bail!
So IOW, he is jailed on bondable offenses, but was denied bail because he is a murder suspect.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that this man's wife has been proven to be not only dead, but that her death is a homicide.

I wish everyone emotionally inside this case would be happy that Casey isn't a murder suspect, because if she were, that would mean Caylee is for a fact, deceased and that she was murdered.

So far, it's happily not the case!
And yah, I know most here on WS think or feel that Caylee was murdered, but I'm glad there's no basis for this, other than speculation because her mother is a lying party animal.

DAWN TREADER
08-18-2008, 12:06 AM

Hi SuzyQ!

You make some good points and ITA the Padillas may very well have bitten off more than they can chew. FOX News reported today/tonight that Leonardo Padillo arrived in Florida today and was met at the airport by a slew of media outlets.

Reportedly, there is/was a candle light vigil scheduled at the Anthony home tonight which he plans to attend.

As far as Casey being bonded out by these folks with the intent of accomplishing what they allege LE and the FBI couldn't do - we have to remember they haven't even met with these two agencies so really, they are forming opinions based on speculation - not FACT.

Bottom line IMO - Casey has zero credibility based on the lies she's told from day one. This lack of truthfulness is one of the reasons why she is in jail. The other is child neglect.

Luzer
08-18-2008, 12:09 AM
[quote=Patty G;2513273]This is what the DOG wrote on his website: July 20, 2008. He has been interested right from the beginning.

Patty,

Thanks

IMHO, Selma, Patty found and shared information that Dog Chapman did not wait to jump on the Caylee bandwagon until after the Padilla Bond/Bounty team came into the picture.

I feel that what Patty is trying to convey is that Mr. Chapman is not jealous that he "did not have the cajones and did not think of it first" as you stated in post # 3 of this thread.

If I misinterpreted either post, please correct me.

amasleuth
08-18-2008, 12:13 AM
The "bounty hunter" is someone who is willing to work with her during her bail release period.

If Cindy & George could've been able to afford her bail, what then? She'd be in their home; ankle bracelet, conversations monitored (doubtful!), whatever.

You don't have to like it, but if you don't like it .... it's the same as saying you don't respect our justice system whereby a bail amount is set.

Everyone needs to remember that her only felony charge is neglect of a minor child. It is not murder.

:eek:
Uh...okay.
...back to topic.
Dogs comments were very enlightened, imo.
Fla. law is complicated, but he seems to get it.
I agree with Dog about padilla bailing casey out. I don't feel it's a good idea.
IMO, I'm most worried about Casey committing suicide, before Caylee can be found laid to rest.
IMO, based on the facts, Casey killed her daughter.
I believe LE thinks so too.
The bail amnt. was contested, and found to be just.
The high bail amnt, IMO, was to ensure Casey remain in jail.
IMO LE has a case, but is trying to get more evidence.
IMO, tomorrow, there may be more charges.
IMO, that's why Casey won't be released from jail: new charges, hopeefully with no bail.

Feistyoldbroad
08-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Uh...okay.
...back to topic..

omg... lol

awakening2lite
08-18-2008, 12:19 AM

Never did I post regarding Leonard Padilla as a bondsman or post that Casey Anthony was a fugitive. Nor did I post that she was not entitled to be bonded out. I don't know how you got that idea from my post. :waitasec:

Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter, stated on Greta and other news interviews, clearly assuring everyone that he would make sure Casey was kept in custody or he would go after her. Hence, the excerpts in my post which refer to Florida not Allowing Bounty Hunters and the other excerpt denoting the need for licensed (by the state of Florida) bond runners to pursue anyone who jumps bail.

Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter also stated if Cindy and George do not think their home would be a good place for all of them and Casey to stay, that he had an alternate plan and they would stay in another undisclosed location. He also said he had not spoken to Casey or her parents with regard to any of his plans.

SelmaClue
08-18-2008, 12:19 AM

IMO LE has a case, but is trying to get more evidence.
IMO, tomorrow, there may be more charges.
IMO, that's why Casey won't be released from jail: new charges, hopeefully with no bail.

You could be right and we'll see.
Tomorrow's a new day and this dead horse has been well beaten for today, I suppose.
:blushing:

DeltaDawn
08-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Okay, but are you against seeing if Padilla could work some magic?
If so, why are you against it?

I feel it's painfully obvious that those opposed to her being released on the bail (that the judge has set) are only interested in seeing the gal fry for a crime that has yet to even have evidence of being committed.

(Don't shoot the messenger. These are the facts so far.)

If anyone opposed to her release has another reason why Padilla shouldn't give this a fair shot, please state it?
Thanks

I did state another reason in a previous post..why add to the circus and the media corrections that LE already has to make..per this weeks presser? Why add to Casey's big media buzz? I really believe that she will be enthralled with the attention when she gets out.

I am opposed because I do not believe that there is anything magical about someone who confesses to a bounty hunter. They are normally people who have been on the run for sometime and are not being hidden by friends, family, getting press attention, etc. They are on the run, scared, broke, hungry, and wondering where they are gonna run to next..that is who ends up confesses to a bounty hunter.

Casey Anthony is none of these things. She feels she is in control, her attorneys are in control and she is not hungry, tired or on the run. When she gets out they will turn over any info they get to her attorneys....not LE. That is what I believe..because that is who they are working with..they are not working with LE.

By the way..please don't put words in my mouth or anyone's here by saying we want to see her fry. I do not believe in DP, but I do believe in LWOP. I think if you want a confession you will see one in due course..but not because a bounty hunter is involved in the case. This chick will not confess until there is evidence to go to the GJ and get a capitol one murder charge. Once that dance begins, about one month before her trial, when all the motions her attorneys have tried to drop the evidence, and they will try, have been denied, then the DA will put a plea deal on the table ..and this chick will sing like a bird..LWOP.

SelmaClue
08-18-2008, 12:23 AM
Never did I post regarding Leonard Padilla as a bondsman or post that Casey Anthony was a fugitive. Nor did I post that she was not entitled to be bonded out. I don't know how you got that idea from my post. :waitasec:

Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter, stated on Greta and other news interviews, clearly assuring everyone that he would make sure Casey was kept in custody or he would go after her. Hence, the excerpts in my post which refer to Florida not Allowing Bounty Hunters and the other excerpt denoting the need for licensed (by the state of Florida) bond runners to pursue anyone who jumps bail.

Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter also stated if Cindy and George do not think their home would be a good place for all of them and Casey to stay, that he had an alternate plan and they would stay in another undisclosed location. He also said he had not spoken to Casey or her parents with regard to any of his plans.

Okay, so then if she's bailed out and runs, he's not permitted to go after her and it'll be LE's problem. This would be the same as if the Anthonys had bailed her out. It wouldn't be Cindy & George's problem if she ran either.

What I'm really saying here is that she could run, no matter what. And if they don't want to risk that, they need to charge her with MURDER and hold her without bail. They've not done that. Yet.

Tomorrow's a new day.

The discussion today, however, was based on the charges (and BAIL) that currently exists.

DAWN TREADER
08-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Hello DAWN TREADER {{big wave}}

So nice to read you, again. It's been a long time.

Another fact to take issue with is the assurance Leonard Padilla gave when he stated he would be make sure she didn't go on the run and in fact he would hunt her down. Here's the problem:

EXCERPT

* Apprehension of bail fugitives is only allowed as set forth in FS 648.30(2)&(3):
* (2) No person shall represent himself or herself to be a bail enforcement agent, bounty hunter, or other similar title in [Florida].
* (3) No person, other than a certified law enforcement officer, shall be authorized to apprehend, detain, or arrest a principal on a bond, wherever issued, unless that person is qualified, licensed, and appointed as provided in this chapter or licensed as a bail bond agent by the state where the bond was written.
* Violation of this is a 3rd class felony. [FS 648.30(4)].

source: http://www.americanbailcoalition.com...ail%20Laws.htm (http://www.americanbailcoalition.com/Bail%20Laws/Florida%20Bail%20Laws.htm)

States eliminating free lance bounty hunters, but allowing full time "runners" who work for 1 bond agent at a time.

1. Florida

All bail runners must be licensed, and work only for one bond agent (i.e., eliminating free lance bounty hunters), be over 18, a resident of the state, have no criminal record, and pass a certification course, Fla. Stat. 648.37. One cannot make an arrest on an out of state bond unless the person is licensed in the state or the state where the bond was written. Fla. Stat. 648.30.

source: http://www.americanbailcoalition.com...ter%20Laws.htm (http://www.americanbailcoalition.com/new_html/Bounty%20Hunter%20Laws.htm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And it is puzzling how Leonard Padilla believes he can obtain information from Casey Anthony, not turn that information or discovery over to the LE and not face the Judge for interfering, with holding evidence, and perhaps, obstructing justice. I can't image a licensed Florida Attorney would advice him to do so.

I did do a little research and discover that Leonard Padilla is listed in the Yellowpages as sharing the same address and suite as a PI agency. Perhaps he is planning on their involvement in a (license) reciprocal situation in Florida so that he could attempt to circumvent the laws by relying on the fact a PI work in progress is not subject to subpoena. I really don't know.

As The Dog so apply pointed out, how can Casey help to find Caylee when she is confined to house arrest?

All this and more raises my suspicions as to why they are eager to be involved in what seems a pointless activity.

Hi A2Lite!!! ((((BIG HUG))))

Great to see you and thanks for the valuable info!

I have a bad feeling about the fate of this little girl mostly due to the fact that I can't get past the FACT this mother never called 911 or the police to report her daughter missing. What are your thoughts?

DT :blowkiss:

awakening2lite
08-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Sad but true: It doesn't matter.
Anyone with the cash to bail someone out, can.

If you read my post you would know I was not questioning the right of any defendant to bond out. Nor, was I questioning the qualifications required to post a bond. :waitasec:

Saffron
08-18-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that this man's wife has been proven to be not only dead, but that her death is a homicide.

I wish everyone emotionally inside this case would be happy that Casey isn't a murder suspect, because if she were, that would mean Caylee is for a fact, deceased and that she was murdered.

And yah, I know most here on WS think or feel that Caylee was murdered, but I'm glad there's no basis for this, other than speculation because her mother is a lying party animal.
Has the cadaver dog evidence been discredited? Because, if not, that's initial evidence that leads people to believe a murder may have taken place.

SelmaClue
08-18-2008, 12:37 AM
If you read my post you would know I was not questioning the right of any defendant to bond out. Nor, was I questioning the qualifications required to post a bond. :waitasec:

You're right. You didn't and I wasn't making an assumption about what your opinion might be.
Sorry for any confusion.

I think all my posts have been in response to this huge outcry of people with opinions regarding why Padilla couldn't possibly do anything more than LE already has (not.)

awakening2lite
08-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Hi A2Lite!!! ((((BIG HUG))))

Great to see you and thanks for the valuable info!

I have a bad feeling about the fate of this little girl mostly due to the fact that I can't get past the FACT this mother never called 911 or the police to report her daughter missing. What are your thoughts?

DT :blowkiss:

I have to agree, it doesn't look good for little Caylee. I believe something horrible happened because 31 days went by and Casey was not the one initiating the 911 call to report her missing. The lack of concern demonstrated by partying, failing to tell her mother where the child is/was, not cooperating with LE and the FBI to locate the baby, seeing every Z photo id in the state of Florida and no identification of anyone, a mountain of lies and goose chases, and claiming she had to be out of jail before the baby could get any help from Casey. Casey has shown no concern for anyone other than herself.

How clear of a picture do we need to suspect something just isn't right? This is enough for me.

I am hoping the storm will not wash away evidence.

I am so glad to post with you again. :Jumpie:

JBean
08-18-2008, 12:51 AM

OH yes she is quite dead and it is clear that he hired a killer. Two completely differnt animals but an interesting twist to a bond situation.

Regarding Caylee being murdered, I am happy to report I was one of 5 holdouts that chose alive in one of our polls. I am picked that because that's the answer I want!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=633

SelmaClue
08-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Has the cadaver dog evidence been discredited? Because, if not, that's initial evidence that leads people to believe a murder may have taken place.

I doubt it's been discredited, but it's not been deemed substantial enough to charge her with murder. Wouldn't they have charged her with murder by now if the dogs alone could be considered credible evidence?

The judge does say a tiny bit of something about the successful hit ratio of cadaver dogs not having been established, in the video of her last bond hearing.

awakening2lite
08-18-2008, 01:01 AM
I doubt it's been discredited, but it's not been deemed substantial enough to charge her with murder. Wouldn't they have charged her with murder by now if the dogs alone could be considered credible evidence?

The judge does say a tiny bit of something about the successful hit ratio of cadaver dogs not having been established, in the video of her last bond hearing.

I'm not so certain they would charge her with murder based on a level of confidence in the dogs ability alone. Until there is a body it is a circumstantial case and requires additional circumstantial evidence to be presented as a whole picture for the jury. Circumstantial cases are seldom built and won based on only one subjective piece of evidence.

LE is still trying to locate Caylee, and along the way, they may build a case of murder, at which point, Casey will be charged and tried.

Vegas Bride
08-18-2008, 01:18 AM
Is it certain that if Casey was able to get bailed out that she would actually agree to it? If she was going to be released to strangers and kept under house arrest, being watched 24/7 and was no longer able to refuse visitors, would she really want that? Being in jail, she's controlling who she will see, and in the last few weeks we've seen how she does refuse people, if she was bailed out, yet not really "free" in many ways she no longer has this control.

VB

DeltaDawn
08-18-2008, 01:20 AM
Would someone like to discuss Dog..there seem to be people that have hijacked this thread for the Padillas..which has it's own thread.

awakening2lite
08-18-2008, 01:31 AM
I believe this is the law statute that The Dog was referring to when he stated it is illegal in Florida for a bondsman not to require funds from the person to be bonded:

EXCERPT

648.33 Bail bond rates.--
(1) Bail bond rates are subject to the provisions of part I of chapter 627 of the insurance code.
(2) It is unlawful for a bail bond agent to execute a bail bond without charging a premium therefor, and the premium rate may not exceed or be less than the premium rate as filed with and approved by the office.
(3) Any person who violates this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0775/Sec082.HTM) or s. 775.083. (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0775/Sec083.HTM)

source: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0648/SEC33.HTM&Title=-%3E2008-%3ECh0648-%3ESection%2033#0648.33

It would be impossible for the Padillas to post a Surety Bond for Casey and not charge a premium and remain within the law.

feddup
08-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Is it certain that if Casey was able to get bailed out that she would actually agree to it? If she was going to be released to strangers and kept under house arrest, being watched 24/7 and was no longer able to refuse visitors, would she really want that? Being in jail, she's controlling who she will see, and in the last few weeks we've seen how she does refuse people, if she was bailed out, yet not really "free" in many ways she no longer has this control.

VB

VB, that is what I thought. She might not agree to this. she is a control freak and with this Bounty Hunter guy, he will grill her hard and not take any BS and she knows it. She will not be able to take him on a wild goose chase thats for sure.
If her parents could bail her out and she could just lay around the house, well yes, she would probably loooove that. I can just see Cindy fixing her special dinners, etc:rolleyes:

Blink34
08-18-2008, 10:05 AM
I believe this is the law statute that The Dog was referring to when he stated it is illegal in Florida for a bondsman not to require funds from the person to be bonded:

EXCERPT

648.33 Bail bond rates.--
(1) Bail bond rates are subject to the provisions of part I of chapter 627 of the insurance code.
(2) It is unlawful for a bail bond agent to execute a bail bond without charging a premium therefor, and the premium rate may not exceed or be less than the premium rate as filed with and approved by the office.
(3) Any person who violates this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0775/Sec082.HTM) or s. 775.083. (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0775/Sec083.HTM)

source: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0648/SEC33.HTM&Title=-%3E2008-%3ECh0648-%3ESection%2033#0648.33

It would be impossible for the Padillas to post a Surety Bond for Casey and not charge a premium and remain within the law.

True, but cant anyone just pay the premium- it does not have to be the principal, no?

amethyst221
08-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks for posting the statute. I watched the interview with DC and this seems to address what his concern was about Florida law. It's a great question as to who involved in the process has to be the one to pay the premium in this particular case, if one is required. I don't think in the normal case it has to be the principal, since family members, friends, often bail other people out of jail. They just couldn't do it in this case. But does the bond person have to charge someone other than himself/herself a premium, rather than just get the person out of jail gratuitously?

Elphaba
08-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Did Dog say anything about since the Ps are not actually doing the bond, but financing it, that they would be the ones to pay the premium?

AlwaysShocked
08-18-2008, 11:34 AM
About dismissing the cadaver dog hits, the only person I've heard dismissing the findings of the dogs is Cindy Anthony.

amethyst221
08-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Did Dog say anything about since the Ps are not actually doing the bond, but financing it, that they would be the ones to pay the premium?

I watched him live last night, but need to go watch tape again to refresh my memory. I don't think he went into a lot of specifics, other than to express the opinion that FLA law would not allow a welfare (or some similar term) bailout. He seems to be assuming that no money (like 10% of the amount) would be changing hands at all. I don't know that, since I don't know the details of how it would work, relationship/separateness in the eyes of the law between Mr. Padilla and the local bond entity, etc. I just don't know. I did think that Mr. P said something early on about not having to actually "pay" anything, but I don't know it he meant that literally, the context. Nothing simple in this case.

Marina2
08-18-2008, 11:53 AM
It has been said that Casey's only felony charge is child neglect and not murder. That is just too black and white for me. The neglect stems from her not reporting her child missing for 31 days..actually she never did report it, her mother did. When it came to light that Caylee was "missing", "kidnapped", or whatever she wants to call it, Casey did not offer one ounce of help to ensure the safety of her child. She partied while her daughter was "in danger". She continues to offer no help in finding her daughter. I am not afraid to call a spade a spade. IMO, she killed this child, either accidently or on purpose and is now denying this beautiful, innocent child, and her family the courtesy of a decent burial. For this type of child neglect, I wish that she had NO bond whatsoever and yes, I am just angry that she has the chance to possibly walk free. She does not deserve to be out of jail and the courts did everything in their power to prevent it from happening. I wish the Padilla's would back out of this and let her sit in that cell and stare at the four walls, 'til he11 freezes over for all I care. I don't even want to hear about her right to a bond. I think she has done enough already, without the murder charge, to warrant her continual stay at the facility she is housed at. I know, I could never sit on this jury, but this is JMHO.

feddup
08-18-2008, 12:12 PM
It has been said that Casey's only felony charge is child neglect and not murder. That is just too black and white for me. The neglect stems from her not reporting her child missing for 31 days..actually she never did report it, her mother did. When it came to light that Caylee was "missing", "kidnapped", or whatever she wants to call it, Casey did not offer one ounce of help to ensure the safety of her child. She partied while her daughter was "in danger". She continues to offer no help in finding her daughter. I am not afraid to call a spade a spade. IMO, she killed this child, either accidently or on purpose and is now denying this beautiful, innocent child, and her family the courtesy of a decent burial. For this type of child neglect, I wish that she had NO bond whatsoever and yes, I am just angry that she has the chance to possibly walk free. She does not deserve to be out of jail and the courts did everything in their power to prevent it from happening. I wish the Padilla's would back out of this and let her sit in that cell and stare at the four walls, 'til he11 freezes over for all I care. I don't even want to hear about her right to a bond. I think she has done enough already, without the murder charge, to warrant her continual stay at the facility she is housed at. I know, I could never sit on this jury, but this is JMHO.

Is it just child neglect? Couldnt it also be child endangermen because she sure seemed to put her in danger and not just neglect IMO
Especially when she wont even tell the police WHERE she last saw her.
Its OK with me if the bounty hunter wants to scare the chit out of her and get her to talk. I saw him.....I wouldnt want to lie to him, dont think he would put up with it. Unlike Caseys parents.
Im not even sure if she agree to be bailed out by him because she know she might have to answer some TOUGH questions.

Marina2
08-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Is it just child neglect? Couldnt it also be child endangermen because she sure seemed to put her in danger and not just neglect IMO
Especially when she wont even tell the police WHERE she last saw her.
Its OK with me if the bounty hunter wants to scare the chit out of her and get her to talk. I saw him.....I wouldnt want to lie to him, dont think he would put up with it. Unlike Caseys parents.
Im not even sure if she agree to be bailed out by him because she know she might have to answer some TOUGH questions.
Yes, it could be considered child endangerment and a lot of other things I won't go into as that would be just speculation on my part. As far as the bounty hunter scaring the chit out of her...I don't know. I know those detectives can be pretty persuasive and ask some tough questions too but Casey was cool as a cucumber. She is a pyschopath. Dog is right, the Padilla's should stay out of it. I don't think the bounty hunter will phase her one bit.
To use Casey's words "a total waste" and could end up doing more harm than good, i.e. her suicide, evidence given to her family and her lawyer instead of LE, ample time to plot and scheme with whomever need be to help her lie her way out of this, and possibly forcing LE to bring murder charges with less evidence rather than allow them to build a strong case against her. Not to mention, she deserves to be punished by staying in jail for what she has done.

newtv
08-18-2008, 01:05 PM
ROFL
i actually do not think Dog cares about anything like not doing it first..He has a lot of flaws but that is not one of them. He makes perfect sense and most everyone else thinks its a bad idea too.
And Rosie is probably helping with money or resources. She would be the first one to help find the child.
I dont know what people take pot shots at her.

awakening2lite
08-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks for posting the statute. I watched the interview with DC and this seems to address what his concern was about Florida law. It's a great question as to who involved in the process has to be the one to pay the premium in this particular case, if one is required. I don't think in the normal case it has to be the principal, since family members, friends, often bail other people out of jail. They just couldn't do it in this case. But does the bond person have to charge someone other than himself/herself a premium, rather than just get the person out of jail gratuitously?

I think that is exactly what the statute addresses. Someone, other than the bond company has to pay the premium. There was some talk (as per The Dog) that this can be circumvented by presenting an all cash bond, meaning all the money (500K) paid to the court.

The Surety bond that the Padillas spoke of can be performed, but Florida Law required a premium be paid.

Here's the Statute for Appearance bonds in Florida:

1903.105 Appearance bonds.--Any criminal defendant who is required to meet monetary bail or bail with any monetary component may satisfy such bail by providing a surety bond as otherwise provided by law or by providing an appearance bond as follows:
(1) Any defendant posting an appearance bond shall apply therefor in writing. Each defendant charged with a felony of the second degree or higher, and each defendant appearing before a court in connection with bail, shall sign the application upon oath in open court.
(2) After the application is completed and the quantity and other conditions of the bond are determined as required by law, the defendant may deposit with the clerk of the court before which the action is pending or with the sheriff, if designated by the clerk, a sum of money equal to 10 percent of the bond and any additional collateral for all or part of the remaining portion of the bond as the court may require.
(3) Upon depositing such sum and additional collateral and agreeing in writing to all nonmonetary conditions of the bond which the court may require, the defendant shall be released from custody subject to all conditions of release imposed by the court.
(4)(a) If the conditions of release have been performed and the defendant has been discharged from all obligations in the action, the clerk of the court shall return to the defendant, unless the court orders otherwise, 75 percent of the 10-percent sum deposited, plus any additional required collateral, and shall retain as bail costs 25 percent of the 10-percent sum deposited. At the request of the defendant, the court may order the amount repayable to the defendant from such deposit to be paid to the defendant's attorney of record.
(b) Moneys retained by the clerk under this provision shall be disbursed as directed by the county commission for law enforcement, criminal justice, and criminal court operations relating to pretrial release, including, but not limited to, screening, supervision, and apprehension, subject to the following conditions:
1. The clerk must receive a sum equal to actual, demonstrable increased costs, if any, attributable to the implementation of this section.
2. Moneys distributed to the sheriff must be used for increased expenditures in connection with the apprehension of defendants who fail to appear as required.
(5) If a final judgment for a fine and court costs, or either a fine or court costs, is entered in an action in which a deposit has been made in accordance with this section, the balance of such deposit, after deduction of bail costs as provided for herein, shall be applied to the satisfaction of the judgment.
(6) In the event that this section becomes effective, the Supreme Court shall promulgate rules as necessary to implement this section.

source: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0903/SEC105.HTM&Title=-%3E2005-%3ECh0903-%3ESection%20105#0903.105

DAWN TREADER
08-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Dog's opinion is just as valid as anyone else's, including Padilla. Dog may disagree with Padilla in terms of the way he is going about "finding" Caylee but it's clear he respects the guy and was really speaking to him as one bounty hunter brother to another. I thought it was a very informative interview and did not detect the slightest hint of grandstanding or "jealousy".

christine2448
08-18-2008, 01:53 PM
It's help a mod month. (ok, I made it up)

If you see someone being rude, attacking, doing anything against TOS (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159), please hit that little triangle that is on the top right of every post.

#1 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2511775&postcount=1) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/report.php?p=2511775) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/ip.gif (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/postings.php?do=getip&p=2511775)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/report.php?p=2512999) <-----

DO NOT QUOTE a post you think 'should not be here' or that you are alerting to....it just takes us more time to delete all the deleted quoted posts.

:blowkiss: TIA

awakening2lite
08-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Dog's opinion is just as valid as anyone else's, including Padilla. Dog may disagree with Padilla in terms of the way he is going about "finding" Caylee but it's clear he respects the guy and was really speaking to him as one bounty hunter brother to another. I thought it was a very informative interview and did not detect the slightest hint of grandstanding or "jealousy".

I don't think there was any jealousy either.
He sounded very sincere, to me, also.

TisHerself
08-18-2008, 02:51 PM
I don't think there was any jealousy either.
He sounded very sincere, to me, also.

I agree, he sounds like he just wants to know what happened to Caley, he said nothing disrepectful about Padillo.

MarleneM
08-18-2008, 03:16 PM
eMedia, 18AUG08:

Sacramento bounty hunter Leonard Padilla’s intuition suggests that the toddler didn’t pass away and her mother knows her whereabouts.

The three men intend to stay with the suspect after she will get out of jail. According to Padilla’s estimation, he and his team will obtain the necessary information and find the Florida little girl in only 5 days after her release.

What I don't get is, why would Padilla think that Casey Annthony would feel comfortable enough to stay with and talk to three men whose sole purpose is to prove she's been telling the truth with all her sporatic stories (ie Caylee is alive with someone CA knows)? How is it any different than CA sitting in a private room with LE and giving them the same info? IMO, it's not. What is Padilla thinking that I'm not catching here?

Also, how does it work when a bounty hunter bails someone out of jail, yet reserves the right to be with that person 24/7? How is that freedom? Not to mention, where's the female supervision of the three men who plan to "eat and sleep" with CA while she's out on bail? I don't understand how that works either.

awakening2lite
08-18-2008, 04:12 PM
hmmm. They plan to find Caylee within 5 days of Casey's release on bail?

That would put it very close to her arraignment.

The bond can be revoked by them returning her to the jail at any time. Maybe they are giving her a time limit?

I believe L Padilla stated on one of the TH shows that they are planning to have a female with them.

I agree with you, I don't think Padilla or anyone can insist on being with someone without that persons consent. At this point, Casey may be willing to agree to anything. Last I heard they are planning to stay at the Anthony's. Maybe mom and dad will have to question her.

Cindy and all the Anthony's have publicly stated that they are in danger and will be in serious danger is Casey talks. IF that is true, (and that's a big IF), wouldn't they be in severe danger with Casey staying with them for the purpose of telling what she knows?

Hopefully, what they have in mind will work out and Caylee will be found and go in to a good home, but there's been nothing coming out of Casey that would give any hope for expectations of truthfulness or concern.

newtv
08-18-2008, 04:29 PM
The last thing I would do is have casey stay at her parents. She has been manipulating them her whole life.
Take her somewhere where she has no enablers..take her right out of the context where she lies best and is believed most.

LI_Mom
08-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Yes, it could be considered child endangerment and a lot of other things I won't go into as that would be just speculation on my part. As far as the bounty hunter scaring the chit out of her...I don't know. I know those detectives can be pretty persuasive and ask some tough questions too but Casey was cool as a cucumber. She is a pyschopath. Dog is right, the Padilla's should stay out of it. I don't think the bounty hunter will phase her one bit.
To use Casey's words "a total waste" and could end up doing more harm than good, i.e. her suicide, evidence given to her family and her lawyer instead of LE, ample time to plot and scheme with whomever need be to help her lie her way out of this, and possibly forcing LE to bring murder charges with less evidence rather than allow them to build a strong case against her. Not to mention, she deserves to be punished by staying in jail for what she has done.

:clap::clap:

---

As far as hoping Padilla can get the truth out of her.... how exactly can he do that?

I'm SURE Baez will be sure to remind Casey that she doesn't have to say a WORD & that if Padilla touches a hair on her head or harasses her in any way, they'll file charges against him.

For Casey this bond will simply mean she'll have some time out of the jail.... a chance to talk privately with her family & eat some decent food & relax a bit.

There is NO REASON for Casey to start talking now..... not when NOT TALKING has protected her so well up to this point.

LI_Mom
08-18-2008, 04:39 PM
I believe L Padilla stated on one of the TH shows that they are planning to have a female with them.

Yeah, Zenaida. lol

awakening2lite
08-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah, Zenaida. lol

http://bestsmileys.com/flipping/3.gif She wishes.

awakening2lite
08-18-2008, 04:44 PM
The last thing I would do is have casey stay at her parents. She has been manipulating them her whole life.
Take her somewhere where she has no enablers..take her right out of the context where she lies best and is believed most.

I don't know newtv, isn't it up to Casey?

awakening2lite
08-18-2008, 04:48 PM
:clap::clap:

---

As far as hoping Padilla can get the truth out of her.... how exactly can he do that?

I'm SURE Baez will be sure to remind Casey that she doesn't have to say a WORD & that if Padilla touches a hair on her head or harasses her in any way, they'll file charges against him.

For Casey this bond will simply mean she'll have some time out of the jail.... a chance to talk privately with her family & eat some decent food & relax a bit.

There is NO REASON for Casey to start talking now..... not when NOT TALKING has protected her so well up to this point.

You are right, of course. If she keeps her mouth shut and LE doesn't find any hard evidence, she stands a good chance of beating this. But, homicide does not have a time limit for charges to be brought. She'd be looking over her shoulder for the rest of her life, little satisfaction for those who believe she is guilty.

My hope is that LE has amassed considerable evidence and is putting the last pieces together and that her arrest is eminent. Surely, if she is out for 5 days, and she does not talk, it will not bode well for her in court.

LI_Mom
08-18-2008, 05:06 PM
You are right, of course. If she keeps her mouth shut and LE doesn't find any hard evidence, she stands a good chance of beating this. But, homicide does not have a time limit for charges to be brought. She'd be looking over her shoulder for the rest of her life, little satisfaction for those who believe she is guilty.

My hope is that LE has amassed considerable evidence and is putting the last pieces together and that her arrest is eminent. Surely, if she is out for 5 days, and she does not talk, it will not bode well for her in court.

I think as long as Casey knows her mother is buying her cockamamie story she'll find it very easy to convince herself that she's just being persecuted.

Seeing those pictures of her out partying right after she 'lost' Caylee, I highly doubt she'll have any problem putting this whole 'everyone cares about Caylee more than they care about ME!' headache behind her & look for a new group of friends.

I'm with you.... I hope LE is building a solid case against her that will put her away for whatever the maximum sentence might be.... on a state & federal level. To run consecutively, if possible.

This is one cold-hearted b1tch.... even Susan Smith showed more humanity than this Casey thing.

newtv
08-18-2008, 05:14 PM
I don't know newtv, isn't it up to Casey?
she is not a normal person
and it cant be left to her..
the last thing she needs is more enablers around her
and her parents are not a good influence..
(in this situation-not as people)

awakening2lite
08-18-2008, 05:49 PM
I think as long as Casey knows her mother is buying her cockamamie story she'll find it very easy to convince herself that she's just being persecuted.

Seeing those pictures of her out partying right after she 'lost' Caylee, I highly doubt she'll have any problem putting this whole 'everyone cares about Caylee more than they care about ME!' headache behind her & look for a new group of friends.

I'm with you.... I hope LE is building a solid case against her that will put her away for whatever the maximum sentence might be.... on a state & federal level. To run consecutively, if possible.

This is one cold-hearted b1tch.... even Susan Smith showed more humanity than this Casey thing.

IMO Casey is completely over it. She has rationalized it and feels no guilt whatsoever. I doubt she ever will, so if they are planning on pulling some heart strings as a way to get Casey to tell the truth, well, all I can say is good luck finding them.

impatientredhead
08-18-2008, 05:54 PM

It is also most likely the crime scene. I do not get why they are going to sequestered her in that location of all places. If there is any evidence that was missed, or they didn't know it was evidence at the time, having CA with it makes no sense.

Tigerlily468
08-18-2008, 06:06 PM

I agree with you. I think they want to hold until they can get some real evidence of something, anything. It's the most disturbing case. Bonding her out will probably cause more of a mess since what happened with Trenton's mom. Who knows what someone might do in her situation?

LI_Mom
08-18-2008, 06:10 PM
IMO Casey is completely over it. She has rationalized it and feels no guilt whatsoever. I doubt she ever will, so if they are planning on pulling some heart strings as a way to get Casey to tell the truth, well, all I can say is good luck finding them.

ITA!

I was thinking about how she'll find it easy to move on after the legal mess is resolved & she's either freed OR sentenced.

Casey's next life will begin as soon as people stop asking her to help them find Caylee. Until then, the constant questions are a real bummer & must be kind of stressful.... can't a girl just chill without everyone asking her about YESTERDAY'S NEWS? She moved on & is getting pissed because other people won't.

Poor Casey..... it's just not fair.

MarleneM
08-18-2008, 06:14 PM
the last thing she needs is more enablers around her
and her parents are not a good influence..
(in this situation-not as people)

I agree. Cindy and George faced the real piercing fear any human would feel if they lost a baby close to them. But in this case, when these grandparents discovered their daughter was going to lie about it like every other mundane thing they've known her to lie about, they soon realized with great dread what the inevidable outcome probably was.

To face a fear of that magnitude is something few people can relate to.

It was probably when Cindy and George realized that Casey did not care what had 'happened' to Caylee that an indescribable pain ensued - one which they could not face (nor would I want to). Rather than face the horror, betrayal and loss, the GP's are trying to spare their sanity with the denial that has brought them through so many hard times in the past as parents to an ungrateful emotionally unstable daughter.

That, I do not fault them for, but where they stand at a crossroad between their desperate denial and justice for Caylee - I fault them for not choosing Caylee. I fault them for tampering with evidence, intentionally changing their stories to fit with Casey's, and lying by omission as evident in not agreeing to take a polygraph test. It's time for them to face the truth. It's time for them to bring Caylee home, and accept that either way prison will be Casey's new home.

NighTillDawn
08-18-2008, 06:18 PM
ITA!

I was thinking about how she'll find it easy to move on after the legal mess is resolved & she's either freed OR sentenced.

Casey's next life will begin as soon as people stop asking her to help them find Caylee. Until then, the constant questions are a real bummer & must be kind of stressful.... can't a girl just chill without everyone asking her about YESTERDAY'S NEWS? She moved on & is getting pissed because other people won't.

Please, please stop, the tears are just flowing down after reading your post. Barf Barf gag :40__s::puke:

awakening2lite
08-18-2008, 06:26 PM
ITA!

http://bestsmileys.com/jail/2.gif

She's over it. It seem obvious by her lack of concern for Caylee.

They have Larry Garrison now to broker great book and movie deals and even sell their interviews.

awakening2lite
08-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Whadaya think the chances are that she might get out, go home, and destroy some piece of evidence remaining?

MarleneM
08-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Whadaya think the chances are that she might get out, go home, and destroy some piece of evidence remaining?

You know, just last night I watched the rehash of the Greta interview inside the Anthony home. I was paying close attention to the layout of every room, and one thing that struck me as odd (with my experience in having friends that are/were young single mothers) was all the framed photos over Casey's dresser. Every single picture from what I could tell was of Caylee with and without Casey.

Now, I probably sound callous in saying that it struck me as odd, but it did. Knowing now how CA treasured her friends and her party lifestyle, I found it odd that none of the pictures in her room depicted any friends, boyfriends or partying pics.

I just wondered - are there any photos of her room from when the initial investigation was conducted? I'd like to see if her room was made over by Cindy to present a more maternal environment. But then even if the pictures matched, I was just struck by the impression that it was Cindy who carefully framed and displayed all the seemingly loving photographs to create a seemingly normal home.

I felt kind of bad thinking these things, but where else but here can I make mention of it? It was simply a passing thought.

newtv
08-18-2008, 07:04 PM
I agree. Cindy and George faced the real piercing fear any human would feel if they lost a baby close to them. But in this case, when these grandparents discovered their daughter was going to lie about it like every other mundane thing they've known her to lie about, they soon realized with great dread what the inevidable outcome probably was.

To face a fear of that magnitude is something few people can relate to.

It was probably when Cindy and George realized that Casey did not care what had 'happened' to Caylee that an indescribable pain ensued - one which they could not face (nor would I want to). Rather than face the horror, betrayal and loss, the GP's are trying to spare their sanity with the denial that has brought them through so many hard times in the past as parents to an ungrateful emotionally unstable daughter.

That, I do not fault them for, but where they stand at a crossroad between their desperate denial and justice for Caylee - I fault them for not choosing Caylee. I fault them for tampering with evidence, intentionally changing their stories to fit with Casey's, and lying by omission as evident in not agreeing to take a polygraph test. It's time for them to face the truth. It's time for them to bring Caylee home, and accept that either way prison will be Casey's new home.
U miss my point- i went out of my way to say it was restricted to the situation at hand. The parents are not a good influence where her lies are concerned..they enable and even create stories in thei minds to add to her lies (without intention to obstruct justice).
he should be around those who listen to her and talk to her without parents in the room adding to the stories- making noise or sighs or whatever..everytime her lies are bot in whole or part she carries through with this charade.

Noone should be there to give her an inch when things do not make sense.
They should start fresh without any influences and let her do what she said she would do if she was out of jail to do it or say it or to go look for caylee.

I have great understanding of the parents. I am one of the posters here who never thinks they should be criticized ..I just know that puttng her back with her parents wont serve any useful purpose.
Between them all they will reinforce her lies and even add to them- give her more ways to solidify a story..because they want to believe her.

Her only contact should be with the person who says he can bring caylee home within 5 days of casey's release.

carole
08-18-2008, 07:17 PM
I think the photos in Casey's room were probably put up by her mother, too. Casey doesn't seem like the type to be decorating, and probably let her mom put up whatever she wanted. I think the photos were always there put up by Caylee's doting grandma.

awakening2lite
08-18-2008, 07:18 PM
You know, just last night I watched the rehash of the Greta interview inside the Anthony home. I was paying close attention to the layout of every room, and one thing that struck me as odd (with my experience in having friends that are/were young single mothers) was all the framed photos over Casey's dresser. Every single picture from what I could tell was of Caylee with and without Casey.

Now, I probably sound callous in saying that it struck me as odd, but it did. Knowing now how CA treasured her friends and her party lifestyle, I found it odd that none of the pictures in her room depicted any friends, boyfriends or partying pics.

I just wondered - are there any photos of her room from when the initial investigation was conducted? I'd like to see if her room was made over by Cindy to present a more maternal environment. But then even if the pictures matched, I was just struck by the impression that it was Cindy who carefully framed and displayed all the seemingly loving photographs to create a seemingly normal home.

I felt kind of bad thinking these things, but where else but here can I make mention of it? It was simply a passing thought.

Marlene, I had the same thought. I got the feeling that Cindy dominated every aspect of Casey's life, except her after hours and sex life. It felt like Cindy did all the decorating of the rooms. (Remember her pride in putting together the framed first pictures of Caylee and her saying that she, Cindy, was the one who threw the baby shower for Casey?). I thought that was a little odd and it was just days before Caylee was born. There was nothing of Casey's personality (assuming she has one) in her room.

Appearances can, and often are, deceiving.

christine2448
08-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Thanks to all those helping! You know who ya are! :blowkiss:

It's help a mod month. (ok, I made it up)

If you see someone being rude, attacking, doing anything against TOS (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159), please hit that little triangle that is on the top right of every post.

#1 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2511775&postcount=1) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/report.php?p=2511775) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/ip.gif (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/postings.php?do=getip&p=2511775)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/report.php?p=2512999) <-----

DO NOT QUOTE a post you think 'should not be here' or that you are alerting to....it just takes us more time to delete all the deleted quoted posts.

:blowkiss: TIA

MarleneM
08-18-2008, 07:50 PM
U miss my point- i went out of my way to say it was restricted to the situation at hand. The parents are not a good influence where her lies are concerned..they enable and even create stories in thei minds to add to her lies (without intention to obstruct justice).

Actually, I did get ur point: Cindy and George are Casey's enablers. But after that acknowledgment, I digressed into why I believe as parents (and grandparents) they enable her. IMO it's not only habit, but the fear of a reality no one should ever have to face.

I'd also like to see Casey completely cut off from anyone in her life other than LE until we either get the truth or draw a verdict from what we have.

*~Aimee~*
08-19-2008, 02:24 AM

I agree I think DOG is wise. He knows his stuff and does his job well.

txsvicki
08-19-2008, 02:35 AM

I noticed that the walls in Casey's room weren't artfully arranged with the pics and there was no other decorations on the wall. It didn't look good, like she either isn't talented that way or just put them where ever on the wall.

krimekat
08-19-2008, 11:01 AM

She is supposed to have someone with her 24/7

Blondieskatz
08-19-2008, 11:13 AM
She is supposed to have someone with her 24/7

Yea, I wonder how that's going to work. Is she going to go out and find the kidnappers :rolleyes: or is she going to be confined to the home. I hate to see her out, she will just spin more lies now that they won't be out there for the world to here and the gp's will be believing them and repeating them.

She should have to stay in jail until Caylee comes home. Better yet I wish she would never get out!

lostnfound85
08-19-2008, 11:25 AM
LE really needs to step up the pace, get the forensics done, and charge Casey with homicide. This case being in constant limbo will not help find Caylee, or bring justice to Casey.

DAWN TREADER
08-19-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm giving Padilla 24 hours to figure out that getting Casey released from jail was not the panacea for finding Caylee.

awakening2lite
08-21-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm giving Padilla 24 hours to figure out that getting Casey released from jail was not the panacea for finding Caylee.

Looks like it took Baez to make that clear!

Baez orders them not to ask Casey questions. How clever. NOT.

wedavis
08-21-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm no fan of Casey, but it looked like her time in jail has humbled her. She almost looked like a different person.

EvaInCA
08-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Can I bump this topic back up, not for the I told you so's!

I had briefly read the topic when it came up but I didn't see the video and I missed replying. In retrospect, I think it shows how the best intentions sometimes don't lead to the best results.

I'm not trying to turn this into a Dog vs. Leonard thread. I had my opinions of course, but I saw from the get go what I thought Leonard Padilla was trying to accomplish. You know, some people are the type to say "I don't think about what to do, I just do" and there are some who think about doing something but end up doing nothing.

I watch Dog's show, followed the Luster chase, cheered when he got that sick bastard in Mexico and Dog's arrest and subsequent re-arrest and so on. I don't care what Leonard or Dog has done or does. I see the father, the grandfather the human in them both.

That said, just today I watched what Dog thought about what Leonard was doing. He advised against it, and this was from someone who Dog said he had known for years. He said consider the fact that Casey wouldn't be able to GO anywhere to look for her daughter because of home confinement. He mentioned the fact that Florida doesn't allow bounty hunters or welfare bond. Also, he mentioned the storm and that something might wash up or evidence could get washed away, and he said he thought the police were doing their job and to let them handle it. What would have been great is if Leonard had a response to that, but the interview ended.

It's sad, frustrating that all of us who have never met Caylee or even if it was another child would care so much and the person who gave birth to them not in jail and in a sense protected.

The media being blasted for their coverage of the Anthony's, being threatened and pushed or HOSED, and the kicker was when Casey showed up to her case manager the guy with her is shielding her from the "monsters" out here.

She needs to go back to jail, yes, keep her in protective custody until she gets sentenced even if only for the child neglect and then she goes to regular population.

Dog Chapman mentioned a case of a couple who were in jail for killing their child. The case was broke when the mother while in jail befriended another inmate and then began to tell her of how she killed her child. So maybe, just maybe, Dog had a better idea of what kind of person Casey was, because Leonard had the same information, yet still thought she should get bail.

When is Casey going back to jail??

LI_Mom
08-27-2008, 03:50 PM
When is Casey going back to jail??

Soon, I hope. It's in everyone's best interests, imo.

While I always agreed with Dog NOT getting involved, I also wondered if due to legal reasons he wasn't able to get involved even if he wanted to.