PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Club Thread #3

Pages : 1 [2]

tx_Dot
08-25-2008, 05:28 PM
whoa! This is a series and hugh development!

lol........FR ??

Dorvillian
08-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Whoa! This is a series and hugh development!

Ok, your a freeper creeper, right? Hello FRiend :)

Hello El Gato!

Welcome to the debilitatingly addictive world of WS.

I'm amazed at how many people over here picked up on that FR inside joke.

housemouse
08-25-2008, 05:33 PM
All the smart FReepers are here, right?

Hey, I am a Freeper. Want a funny Freeper post? Here ya go, but it is totally off topic! Will I be banned for posting it?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2067376/posts

jinnimae
08-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Hey, I am a Freeper. Want a funny Freeper post? Here ya go, but it is totally off topic! Will I be banned for posting it?

Thanks! Spending too much time at WS....

TraceyLeigh
08-25-2008, 05:35 PM

what's a freeper? :waitasec:

jinnimae
08-25-2008, 05:37 PM
what's a freeper? :waitasec:

People who usually spend a lot of time at another website, FreeRepublic. People who now wonder if they've spent too much time here...did I hear something about Obama's VP pick and a convention of some sort?:waitasec:

TraceyLeigh
08-25-2008, 05:38 PM
:)People who usually spend a lot of time at another website, FreeRepublic. People who now wonder if they've spent too much time here...did I hear something about Obama's VP pick and a convention of some sort?:waitasec:

LOL... okay... gotcha. Learn something new every day here. :)

thatswhatshesaid
08-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Whoa! This is a series and hugh development!

:woohoo: How nice to be among FRiends. :woohoo:

cjcord
08-25-2008, 05:45 PM
lol........FR ??

Free Republic

Capri
08-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Also happy to be here on the newbie thread where I can ask questions. Have you seen this? I'm beginning to think LeonardP is the best hope of some answers. See what you all think...

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7283657&version=9&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Devorahhh
08-26-2008, 10:54 AM
ok, from what I understand, Casey wanted to give Caylee up for adoption and Cindy said NO. Well then, imo, Cindy should have raised Caylee as her own and Casey could have treated her as a sister with no responsibilities. IMO if Cindy had not forced Casey to keep Caylee, this whole situation could have been avoided.

Devorahhh

McNugget
08-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi everyone, I'd like to ask a few questions. How long does it typically take for DNA results to come back (estimate)? When were the DNA samples from the trunk sent to the lab/Body Farm? Do you think the results are being held by LE until later? Anyone know the specifics of the process?

keeponsearching
08-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone. I haven't been on as much. Busy in rl but guess I havent missed to much. I went ahead and read some of the docs that were released and.. I don't see anything different than what we already know. Maybe i just read the wrong stuff. Just seems like people are saying she is guily by all the new info in the docs. All i keep reading is some lies, and how she was a good mother. I cant read it all, I have two little ones who take up all my time. But I wish someone could do a summary lol. I believe Caylee is alive.... I am just the type of person who gives people the benifet of doubt until proven otherwise.

keeponsearching
08-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone, I'd like to ask a few questions. How long does it typically take for DNA results to come back (estimate)? When were the DNA samples from the trunk sent to the lab/Body Farm? Do you think the results are being held by LE until later? Anyone know the specifics of the process?

I don't know. I assume they are holding it. But then I am hoping they have nothing and don't want to release nothing to the public.

auntbaby
08-26-2008, 07:12 PM
I think perhaps I have taken this case too much to heart. :heart: I landed in the hospital emergency room Thursday night. 103.6* fever, weak as a kitten, and shivering , after they got me up to my room (5hours later) as they were leaving the room I said "don't leave without turning the tv to the news channel". My head was so fuzzy from the fever that I had trouble remembering anything else but I didn't forget Nancy G. and Greta v S. :crazy: I don't remember watching them though.
So, is the biggest thing that has happened in the last few days the release of the 400 pages?
Thanks to anyone who can help me catch up.

Investig8
08-26-2008, 09:01 PM
I think perhaps I have taken this case too much to heart. :heart: I landed in the hospital emergency room Thursday night. 103.6* fever, weak as a kitten, and shivering , after they got me up to my room (5hours later) as they were leaving the room I said "don't leave without turning the tv to the news channel". My head was so fuzzy from the fever that I had trouble remembering anything else but I didn't forget Nancy G. and Greta v S. :crazy: I don't remember watching them though.
So, is the biggest thing that has happened in the last few days the release of the 400 pages?

What a mess! I am so sorry you were under the weather. I guess tyhis case can do that to you. I think my wife knows Greta and Nancy and Nancy's subs well by now. I haven't read the docs. Have you gone to the thread talking about the docs? I only got my opinion of Casey reinforced. I had started to believe her last week but no way now. I think LE is waiting on the final tests and will charge her soon. Take care of yourself! Get well! :balloons:

Cindy
08-26-2008, 10:29 PM
I am a 'newbie' and I have a question...I've been reading some of the posts about the 4oo page document that was released. Members are posting about 'reading' the document. I would LOVE to read it too but I have no idea where to get it....can anyone me a link or tell me where to go to find it? All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!
Cindy

Sparky
08-26-2008, 10:58 PM
What a mess! I am so sorry you were under the weather. I guess tyhis case can do that to you. I think my wife knows Greta and Nancy and Nancy's subs well by now. I haven't read the docs. Have you gone to the thread talking about the docs? I only got my opinion of Casey reinforced. I had started to believe her last week but no way now. I think LE is waiting on the final tests and will charge her soon. Take care of yourself! Get well! :balloons:

Oh Investig8....you should read them. They are very interesting to say the least. The links are posted on the main board! It took me forever!

Sparky
08-26-2008, 10:59 PM

Hey AuntB...Hope you're feeling better. Read the documents if you can. :blowkiss:

Short_Stuff
08-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Hi Everyone,
I am a newbie. I have been reading this site for weeks now and finally joined.
I am a Mom of a son and a daughter, and I am a young :-) grandmother of 3 beautiful girls.
This story about poor little Caylee has touched my heart, and I hope and pray the authorities find out what happened soon.
I think Casey is definately guilty of Caylees disappearance, and that she is deceased by some sort of accident like she left her in the hot car.
I have learned from reading here, that you all are very level headed, smart, and informative. I look forward to chatting w you all on here.
Short Stuff

auntbaby
08-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Thank you for the well wishes guys. Didn't mean it to sound as if anything on this site caused it. lol Just pneumonia and cellulitis. Better now.:blowkiss:
No , I haven't read the docs yet. Going to try to wade into them tomorrow. But I have seen snippets of L Padilla on various shows. If I could backpeddle as fast as that guy I could get a job in the circus. When he first came on scene I think that naive would have been an understatement, egotist may have come closer, and perhaps publicity hungry to boot, but now he seems almost pitiful. I never had a hope that he could accomplish any one thing he claimed that he was going to do. I think that he greatly underestimated Casey, something that probably has happened more often than not in her lifetime. She is very very good at what she does. Unfortunately.
I never could believe she was innocent in all this.Too cold and uncaring in that first call home.
I feel like reality is a little stretched in this case. The predominance of attention on Casey and little Caylee gets whats left. Maybe it's just me.
Glad to be back, see ya. :seeya:

auntbaby
08-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Hi Everyone,
I am a newbie. I have been reading this site for weeks now and finally joined.
I am a Mom of a son and a daughter, and I am a young :-) grandmother of 3 beautiful girls.
This story about poor little Caylee has touched my heart, and I hope and pray the authorities find out what happened soon.
I think Casey is definately guilty of Caylees disappearance, and that she is deceased by some sort of accident like she left her in the hot car.
I have learned from reading here, that you all are very level headed, smart, and informative. I look forward to chatting w you all on here.
Short Stuff

:Welcome-12-june::newbie: I haven't been here long myself. There are quite a few newbies here, and helpful oldbies:) This case has touched all our hearts. See ya round.

auntbaby
08-27-2008, 12:24 AM
I am a 'newbie' and I have a question...I've been reading some of the posts about the 4oo page document that was released. Members are posting about 'reading' the document. I would LOVE to read it too but I have no idea where to get it....can anyone me a link or tell me where to go to find it? All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!
Cindy

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7283657&version=9&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1 Welcome, hope this link works for you. Parts 1,2,and 3

CuriousCity
08-27-2008, 04:24 AM
One last time asking this question: What happened to the dumpster pics that were supposed to accompany the documents released? They hyped them up in the news and I never saw them, though the documents made several references to "dumpsters" - one by the Amscot building where the car was abandoned and one at the tow service yard where the trash from the trunk was disposed of.
Weren't there supposed to be a full disk of pictures?

Devorahhh
08-27-2008, 08:05 AM
One last time asking this question: What happened to the dumpster pics that were supposed to accompany the documents released? They hyped them up in the news and I never saw them, though the documents made several references to "dumpsters" - one by the Amscot building where the car was abandoned and one at the tow service yard where the trash from the trunk was disposed of.
Weren't there supposed to be a full disk of pictures?

If you go to the thread for Official Documents, Images, Audio and Video, there is a picture of the amscott parking lot there, post # 67. To me, it does not look the same as on the video, but I could be wrong.
Devorahhh

auntbaby
08-31-2008, 02:30 PM
Okay newbies , it's been a few days since any of us have posted here. Surely some of us have theories, questions, info to post. Don't keep it to yourself, come on give it up! Anyone read the newest psychic thread? See the video?
My personal opinion is that the lady is well... not the real McCoy. JMHO. What's yours?

auntbaby
08-31-2008, 06:16 PM
The link below is from WESH.com stating that Investigators have acknowledged that the body in the trunk was Caylee's and that she was indeed dead.
God Bless everyone who has prayed and cried for this child. And for the family , whom we don't sometimes agree with or even understand. The months ahead will not be easy for them.
We know now that she is with God and that she is no longer suffering or in danger. Her home now will be a happy one for all eternity. God Bless you little Caylee.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17353349/detail.html

boogiebear
08-31-2008, 06:44 PM
That is sad news that they are officially saying that Caylee is dead. I think most people who believe in scientific tests have already arrived at that conclusion, but still it is hard emotionally to read it officially. Somehow you want your logic to be wrong.
I am new here, but I have been reading this thread for weeks. As for my theories in this case.
1. The police will wait to charge Casey as long as possible, waiting for a body to show up so they can decide to charge her with manslaugher or murder. There is no hurry because she is in jail, and if for some strange reason she gets out again, she is not a flight risk. There are hundreds of reporters that will not let her get out of their sight.
2. I have no idea if it was an accident or murder. I can see both. If it was an accident, it was because she was not watching her properly. If it was murder it was because she became furious because she could not live her life like she thought everyone else who was her age and without a child lived theirs.
3. I hope, really hope she did not decide to feed her dead child to an aligator. They usually will not eat decomposing flesh, but will if they are hungry. If she did this, the body is gone forever, and I have to wonder at this point, if anyone will every find out the truth.
4. Casey Anthony has no emotions for anyone but herself. She will only get upset if she feels her pleasure, quality of life, or her imagined power in this world is threatened. She has been this way for a long time. She has gotten away with it, because normal people will project what they expect her to be feeling onto her because that is how they see her. She has no empathy. I am not sure about the cause of this, physical(brain damage, birth defect), mental(sexually or physically abused when she was younger), or anything else, but this makes her extremely dangerous, because she thinks everyone else thinks like she does. Prime example her poem about "everyone lies".

lisalei321
08-31-2008, 07:03 PM
It's funny, I expected to feel sympathy for the A's when this happened (it was bound to happen at some point), but I don't, not really, I feel sorry for the man who finally finds out he was the father of this child or his family, and could have possibly made a difference in what happened to her.

I can't even imagine living with that, and it's gonna hit hard for someone.

God Bless Caylee Anthony.

lovesbooks
08-31-2008, 07:24 PM
I apologize if this has been posted before, but I noticed that the GPs have posted a No Trespassing sign close to the street.
As a homeowner it is my understanding that my property line goes to the sidewalk and no further. The city expects me to shovel the snow and mow that bit of grass but they made it quite clear that that property is city owned.

Any thoughts or better information than I have?

lisalei321
08-31-2008, 08:00 PM
GA seems to think it's his...

passionflower
08-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Something has been bothering me.........neighbors say the 'A' family had a big fight the night before Casey took Caylee and left the house...........could something of happen that night to Caylee??? George was the last to see them both.........??? The flurry of cell phone calls were the next day?? Does anyone know anything that I may of missed about the fight?

Singlovelaugh
08-31-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm a newbie and right now I am sick to my stomach. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I am crying and I don't know this family. I am getting on my knees and asking God to please help me understand why this is all happening.

Samijeansg
08-31-2008, 08:59 PM
Just another newbie here too wanting to say hello! I'm glad I found this site!

Riley
08-31-2008, 09:19 PM
My first post on such a sad night; but with the sadness comes anger. Anger at a person that is devoid of any emotion but a master at manipulation. I've tried to read through everything, but there is so much here and I've been reading for weeks- I know this must have been talked about but I can not find it. Does anyone know what the seizures were and why? It was stated so matter of fact, like a common occurrence in the 400 page doc, but recent enough to be mentioned. Is this some type of medical problem that the defense can use? And even if you have just one seizure, aren't those people not allowed to drive until they do not have them for 6 months? It was stated as if that was what it was, not something that mimicked a seizure. It's just one of those unanswered things that keeps nagging at me. (everyone is understandably sad in General, so I hope it is ok to ask here. It didn't seem the right time for dumb questions)

proudmomma
08-31-2008, 09:24 PM
:blowkiss: Heya!

Another newbie here wanting to weigh in on this heart breaking case!

amethyst
08-31-2008, 10:28 PM
I have been visiting this site for a while now and have finally registered and decided it was about time to start throwing in my two cents. I am dumbfounded at the behavior of the grandparents. I am a grandparent and see my grandkids several times a week. If I did not see them for several days I would find out why. I also know that they would miss me and want to see me as well. My heart breaks for the grandparents because clearly by their own actions they have little support. Regardless of their bizzare behavior they will never see their precious little angel again.

auntbaby
08-31-2008, 11:56 PM
:Welcome-12-june: :hug: :wave:to all our newbies! When the big boards get too busy or you just want to wool-gather a bit come here and post away. If you have any questions this is a good place to ask and most of the "oldbies":) are more than helpful.

auntbaby
09-01-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm a newbie and right now I am sick to my stomach. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I am crying and I don't know this family. I am getting on my knees and asking God to please help me understand why this is all happening.

Bless your heart. I know that everyone has been touched by this sad, sad case in each their own way. We all gather here at this wonderful place provided by Tricia and moderated by some really great people to talk about little Caylee and ponder what could have happened to her. And it is because everyone cares so much about one little girl that they will never meet. I think probably most of us have moments just as you are having now. You can't wrap your head around it. I don't know if GOD will ever let us know why this happened. But I do know that He knows , and that HIS justice will be righteous and that all we can do is be here for one another. There is a prayer thread here, with some really nice people who post there regularly. GOD bless you and yours.

auntbaby
09-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Does anyone know what the seizures were and why? It was stated so matter of fact, like a common occurrence in the 400 page doc, but recent enough to be mentioned. Is this some type of medical problem that the defense can use? And even if you have just one seizure, aren't those people not allowed to drive until they do not have them for 6 months? It was stated as if that was what it was, not something that mimicked a seizure. It's just one of those unanswered things that keeps nagging at me. (everyone is understandably sad in General, so I hope it is ok to ask here. It didn't seem the right time for dumb questions)

As someone told me once here, there are no Dumb questions. Do you remember which section of the 400 pages it was in? And Welcome.

tbthow
09-01-2008, 05:12 PM
I hope I am in the right spot here. Is this a current newbie thread?
I believe I read here when BTK came back. But I never posted because my mom babysat for one of her kids so we didn't want to be in the media.

Thanks in advance I just don't know where to post since I am now posting.:)

mum
09-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Who is BTK?

Devorahhh
09-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Who is BTK?

Bind Torture Kill? IDK, you got me on that one.

cwgrlfromhell
09-01-2008, 05:31 PM
It's funny, I expected to feel sympathy for the A's when this happened (it was bound to happen at some point), but I don't, not really, I feel sorry for the man who finally finds out he was the father of this child or his family, and could have possibly made a difference in what happened to her.

I can't even imagine living with that, and it's gonna hit hard for someone.

God Bless Caylee Anthony.

OMG I have thought this all along!

JBean
09-01-2008, 05:35 PM
My first post on such a sad night; but with the sadness comes anger. Anger at a person that is devoid of any emotion but a master at manipulation. I've tried to read through everything, but there is so much here and I've been reading for weeks- I know this must have been talked about but I can not find it. Does anyone know what the seizures were and why? It was stated so matter of fact, like a common occurrence in the 400 page doc, but recent enough to be mentioned. Is this some type of medical problem that the defense can use? And even if you have just one seizure, aren't those people not allowed to drive until they do not have them for 6 months? It was stated as if that was what it was, not something that mimicked a seizure. It's just one of those unanswered things that keeps nagging at me. (everyone is understandably sad in General, so I hope it is ok to ask here. It didn't seem the right time for dumb questions)
welcome Riley. here is a link to a bit of discussion. Feel free to bump the thread with a new post if you want to see if other would like to discuss. I am sure many will. :)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69163&highlight=seizure

mum
09-01-2008, 05:36 PM
I hope I am in the right spot here. Is this a current newbie thread?
I believe I read here when BTK came back. But I never posted because my mom babysat for one of her kids so we didn't want to be in the media.

Thanks in advance I just don't know where to post since I am now posting.:)

Who is BTK? I know I asked this in a post already but thought it might get lost if I didn't quote it.
Newbie here! LOL

tbthow
09-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Bind Torture Kill? IDK, you got me on that one.

He is a serial killer from Wichita Kansas. I should say was since he rots in jail now thank gosh!!
Also you are correct Bind Torture Kill

Capri
09-01-2008, 05:38 PM
i doubt anyone will ever find out they were the father b/c quite frankly i don't think CA knows. For 10 mos she led JesseG (and his parents) to believe he was, and only after a DNA test was it proven he wasn't. I think he's the one who will greive the most as he believed she was his daughter and treated her that way, from what I've understood. He even posted a myspace comment a few days ago about it to his dad.

Capri
09-01-2008, 05:46 PM
From JGrizzle's myspace in response to his dad's post on Cayley &Casey

<<Thanks Dad. You still place things into words and lessons we all need in life better than I ever could. It was not long but no matter what, spending whatever time I have spent with Caylee in my life, was the highlight of my life.>>

Riley
09-01-2008, 05:53 PM
As someone told me once here, there are no Dumb questions. Do you remember which section of the 400 pages it was in? And Welcome.
Thanks for the welcome! Phew, I found it. My 400 pages is in three pdf's, hopefully somewhat the same as you all have. So it is pdf #3, page 223 in one of the officer reports.

"JG is a friend of the defendant. The defendant's mother mentioned him as the one that took the defendant to a hospital earlier in the year for a seizure."

So grandma is the one that brought the seizures up and that makes me wonder... could just be my overactive imagination. I just don't see any other mention of seizures and that seems strange.
Oopppss, I didn't see the response above with the link to previous. I guess it did take me a while to find it!

lisalei321
09-01-2008, 06:06 PM
While I don't normally hesitate to post on the main threads, I'm not sure where to put this.

The protester this morning (Erica), stated that one of the reason's she was upset was because she had a child that a Significant Other had disappeared with 6 years ago and had no help in finding the child, we here at WS are all over the US with many resources, are we allowed to find out more and do some sleuthing for her? or is that against the TOS?
(and how would you go about offering her help?)

Capri
09-01-2008, 06:16 PM
While I don't normally hesitate to post on the main threads, I'm not sure where to put this.

The protester this morning (Erica), stated that one of the reason's she was upset was because she had a child that a Significant Other had disappeared with 6 years ago and had no help in finding the child, we here at WS are all over the US with many resources, are we allowed to find out more and do some sleuthing for her? or is that against the TOS?

probably best to contact Tricia, the admin, and see how she'd suggest going about it

tiredofthis
09-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Just wanted to say hi. I've posted a little on the other threads, but was sometimes ignored. This case is just so sad. There are so many people out there who would have loved to adopt Caylee and give her a good, safe home.

Rose Mom
09-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Just wanted to say hi. I've posted a little on the other threads, but was sometimes ignored. This case is just so sad. There are so many people out there who would have loved to adopt Caylee and give her a good, safe home.

Hi ....sometimes threads move very fast so don't be upset if no-one replies..... I think G & C could have taken Caylee off her hands.... I wish they would have

JBean
09-01-2008, 08:02 PM

I wonder if we have posted about her child in our missing forum?
Do you have any more information?
I will send this post to CHristine and see if she can get in contact with the family.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Cher352
09-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Hello Gang!! I am a newbie too. Been following this case but had trouble getting my ISP's email addy to work. Finally emailed Admin and they fixed me up.

This case too has kept me glued to the putor. Don't follow all the cases like this but every now and them one will grab it, and this one sure did. Such a Weird case!!!

pb6656
09-01-2008, 11:42 PM
I am a newbie as well. Hi all! My question: If GA is an ex-cop, what is he now?

Also, what does IIRC stand for?

Just__me
09-02-2008, 12:16 AM
I wonder if we have posted about her child in our missing forum?
Do you have any more information?
I will send this post to CHristine and see if she can get in contact with the family.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Jbean, this was a father taking the child away 6 years ago, but the woman never filed a police compalint she has just looked for the child on her own (geez that sound familiar) no really probably more issues than we want to know.
I am not a know it all I just listend to the entire tape.

Sliver
09-02-2008, 12:21 AM
I am a newbie as well. Hi all! My question: If GA is an ex-cop, what is he now?

Also, what does IIRC stand for?

I don't really know what job GA has now sorry. I do know that IIRC stand for If I Recall Correctly.

Welcome, I am new too.

HRCODEPINK
09-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Does anyone know if there was a deep freezer in the Anthony garage?

auntbaby
09-02-2008, 04:25 PM
I don't really know what job GA has now sorry. I do know that IIRC stand for If I Recall Correctly.

Welcome, I am new too.

It has been stated that George works for a security company. Welcome to WS. :)

auntbaby
09-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Does anyone know if there was a deep freezer in the Anthony garage?

Went to the first page of this sub forum. Did a search for "freezer in garage"
and found that this question has been asked six separate times and no one has an answer. In the pics of the garage while the door is open you cannot see if there is one or not. Might be one in house, but again, no one can say for sure one way or another. :)

MiraclesHappen
09-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Hi, I am new too. Local news here in FL just reported that the Anthony family is trying to get back to "normal" type activities and that GA went back to work today...as a security guard.

They also showed flowers being delivered to the A residence and they said LA was inside but would not open door. Did not say how they knew he was in there.

Hope this posts okay, as it is sent from newbieville.

HRCODEPINK
09-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Went to the first page of this sub forum. Did a search for "freezer in garage"
and found that this question has been asked six separate times and no one has an answer. In the pics of the garage while the door is open you cannot see if there is one or not. Might be one in house, but again, no one can say for sure one way or another. :)

Thank you! I have read and read and read and can't find anything anywhere about it and I am sure half if not all of those posts are from me. It is driving me so crazy that I want to call Padilla and ask him since he was in the house. If you find out, please let me know.

Babyfeets
09-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Hello Newbies. I am new also, and I am wondering if there is someplace we can go to read up on the abbreviations used on the forums? I have read a new one today that has me stumped. "ITO" anyone have the answer?:confused:

auntbaby
09-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Hello Newbies. I am new also, and I am wondering if there is someplace we can go to read up on the abbreviations used on the forums? I have read a new one today that has me stumped. "ITO" anyone have the answer?:confused:

Hello, you might try here,it has quite a few
http://www.sharpened.net/glossary/acronyms.php
and here by

SeriouslySearching
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2007

Off Topic Thread/Websleuth's Lingo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured we needed an Off Topic thread anyway and thought I would include the lingo with it. Sometimes we need to take a break from such a case and talk about anything else. This is a good place to unwind for a few when things get a bit tense.

Now and then we have to remember with as many new members we have that our every day lingo becomes like a maze to them. Since people are lost on these and asking...here you go! Seasoned posters can feel free to add their own since I will probably forget half of them.

LE= Law Enforcement
POI= Person Of Interest
COD= Cause Of Death
TOD= Time OF Death
ITA= I Totally Agree
POS= Piece of ***** (Reserved for a known perp, suspect, or POI)
IIRC= If I Recall Correctly
FWIW= For What Its Worth
COB= POS The story behind this is on the Jessie Davis case, someone meant to type COP in reference to Bobby Cutts, Jr. and it came out COB. We called him that for the rest of the case and now it had become synonymous with POS.
OT= Off Topic
WTH= What The Hell? (Usually reserved for frustration in understanding what is taking place within a certain situation...such as in this case. I see it a lot when discussing Casey Anthony.)
GMAB= Give Me A Break
A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

Hope this helps some!

[/SIZE]

Devorahhh
09-02-2008, 06:24 PM

Here you go: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68412

Gray's Mom
09-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi All-
I'm new too. I lurked forever and even found the courage to post on the general discussion threads. The response or two that I received back were kind.

Cherry Baby
09-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Me too! Once a lurker, now a member. I've been so drawn in by this case...it just amazes me the amount of denial that Cindy has parked in her brain cells.

Babyfeets
09-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Wow those were a great help. Did a print out of one and a bookmark on the other one. Thanks so much!:woohoo:

Gray's Mom
09-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Me too! Once a lurker, now a member. I've been so drawn in by this case...it just amazes me the amount of denial that Cindy has parked in her brain cells.

I totally agree with you. I would love to peek a psych eval on Casey. JMHO, I think she has a couple of severe personality disorders.

JB Fletcher
09-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi everyone....does anyone know why there isn't a general discussion thread right now?

Black Magic Woman
09-02-2008, 07:51 PM
I totally agree with you. I would love to peek a psych eval on Casey. JMHO, I think she has a couple of severe personality disorders.
I'm in the same place, newly addicted to this case/site. But wanted to ask if the picture is of your child Gray? I have a 10 yr son named Gray! At the time you didn't hear the name often, but shortly after I started hearing it alot more. Is your daughter a Gray also?

SewingDeb
09-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi everyone....does anyone know why there isn't a general discussion thread right now?

It was closed by the Mod. They want us to use the existing threads for each topic. At least I think that's what I understand.

Gray's Mom

The thread was closed for going Off Topic I believe. You can check it out on the "Question for the Mods" thread.

Black Magic Woman
Hi everyone....does anyone know why there isn't a general discussion thread right now?We all got carried away a few hours earlier and the thread got shut down!! They warned at the time that if people didn't follow the rules they wouldn't allow another General Discussion thread. Mostly the talk was about recruiting a celeb to get the word out that the public doesn't want to hear more about Casey but we need the message out that TES needs more searchers to help find Caylee.

JB Fletcher
09-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Oh, I see... Thanks. I hope they do bring it back.

Gray's Mom
09-02-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm in the same place, newly addicted to this case/site. But wanted to ask if the picture is of your child Gray? I have a 10 yr son named Gray! At the time you didn't hear the name often, but shortly after I started hearing it alot more. Is your daughter a Gray also?

Her name is Grayson but we call her Gray!

I was attached to this case from the beginning when it was first reported on the news that the Mother waited for 31 days to report her child missing. The twists and turns of this have been perplexing and disturbing. I feel so badly for this child.

Gray's Mom
09-02-2008, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=MiraclesHappen;2605499]Hi, I am new too. Local news here in FL just reported that the Anthony family is trying to get back to "normal" type activities and that GA went back to work today...as a security guard.

QUOTE]

Snipped for space.

I am having a hard time imagining what they think "getting back to normal" is when your grandchild/niece is missing.

Welcome to you and you posted just fine.

HazelEyes
09-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Her name is Grayson but we call her Gray!

I was attached to this case from the beginning when it was first reported on the news that the Mother waited for 31 days to report her child missing. The twists and turns of this have been perplexing and disturbing. I feel so badly for this child.

Hi Gray's Mom! I'm a Gray's Mom too! My daughter is 4 and her name is Gracyn & we someimes call her Gray as well~! :)

BCMom
09-02-2008, 09:26 PM
We all got carried away a few hours earlier and the thread got shut down!! They warned at the time that if people didn't follow the rules they wouldn't allow another General Discussion thread. Mostly the talk was about recruiting a celeb to get the word out that the public doesn't want to hear more about Casey but we need the message out that TES needs more searchers to help find Caylee.

I was here and was following the threads, they did not get "carried away." No offense to you, but there was nothing wrong with those threads or the discussion. It's ridiculous that they "took away" the general discussion threads.

Black Magic Woman
09-02-2008, 10:00 PM
I was here and was following the threads, they did not get "carried away." No offense to you, but there was nothing wrong with those threads or the discussion. It's ridiculous that they "took away" the general discussion threads.
I wondered about that too, but since I'm new here not too sure about what exactly was the problem. Do we live in USA or not? as far as I was concerned we were talking about something positive (getting celebs to help appeal for more searchers for Caylee) but obviously they thought we were getting out of hand!

unsaid
09-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Hey...just wondering if any other newbies have been PM'd and asked if they were involved in the case somehow. I thought that was really weird when it happened to me today and truthfully made me uneasy about being on the boars so I'm just wondering if anyone else has been suspected. I think some people are getting a little carried away. It's almost like a Salem Witch hunt! Made me wonder what type of action would have been taken against me if I was somehow involved! Scary!

Hailiejade77
09-02-2008, 10:27 PM
I went back to listen to the phone call that the girl from myspace called and talked to Leonard and now she has one with Cindy!!!! Here is the thread and link
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...21#post2607421

pb6656
09-02-2008, 10:30 PM
That would be scary to me too. Kind of weird.

McNugget
09-02-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm getting ahead of myself here, but do you think the trial for this case will be broadcast on national television? How long does a case like this take to prepare, assuming the DA is going to charge Casey with murder? I would really like to see this all unfold in a court of law.

unsaid
09-02-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm getting ahead of myself here, but do you think the trial for this case will be broadcast on national television? How long does a case like this take to prepare, assuming the DA is going to charge Casey with murder? I would really like to see this all unfold in a court of law.

I'm with you! My hope is that if Caylee isn't found by then (dead or alive) maybe more information will come out in the trial to assist the search. More lies to be deciphered, more evidence. Seems like things have stalled a bit on the new info front.

JBean
09-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey...just wondering if any other newbies have been PM'd and asked if they were involved in the case somehow. I thought that was really weird when it happened to me today and truthfully made me uneasy about being on the boars so I'm just wondering if anyone else has been suspected. I think some people are getting a little carried away. It's almost like a Salem Witch hunt! Made me wonder what type of action would have been taken against me if I was somehow involved! Scary!
If you got a pm that was disturbing to you should forward it to a mod right away.

auntbaby
09-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Well , Nancy Grace was something tonight huh? Does anyone else think that maybe CA knows in her heart that the little babe is gone and that she has decided to save her daughter at all cost? Of course she says so many contradictory things. It is hard to get a handle on her. And then there is the LP trash dumpster thing. Listen I missed that part. Can someone tell me exactly what he said and in what context? I would appreciate it so much. And what do you all think about it?
I think that our little newbie thread is the only general thread left. Let's be good so that we can keep it.:blowkiss:

unsaid
09-03-2008, 12:11 AM

To anyone interested, I had further communication with this member and they meant no harm. A lot of us are really concerned and into this case but no malice was intended at all by the person who asked. :blowkiss:

auntbaby
09-03-2008, 05:08 AM
What do you think of LP's statement on Nancy G about the trash dumpster? Do you think it may be an important lead?
And last, but certainly not least, the statement about what Lee, Cindy, and Casey have known since Wednesday. What do you think it might be and why?
Some have said it may be the identity of Caylee's father. But you'd think that Casey would probably know who the father was , wouldn't you?:crazy:

mollymil23
09-03-2008, 05:26 AM
We all got carried away a few hours earlier and the thread got shut down!! They warned at the time that if people didn't follow the rules they wouldn't allow another General Discussion thread. Mostly the talk was about recruiting a celeb to get the word out that the public doesn't want to hear more about Casey but we need the message out that TES needs more searchers to help find Caylee.

I don't think anyone got carried away. Everyone was brainstorming to try to figure out ways to get more searchers out to help TES. I am still confused as to why it was shut down; made no sense. I know it was said that talk of NG and TM were off topic or in the wrong thread, but that never happened. Perhaps their names were mentioned in conjunction with the brainstorming, but no one was talking about them in a way to need to take it to a different board.
Ugh...it has been bugging me (not too much) this afternoon. I think the thread closing was over the top and rather heavy handed. Almost seemed like the one who closed it had not actually read the thread at all. Then when posters popped up with new threads voicing confusion those threads were quickly shut down too with a cryptic explanation. Not good form, at all. Maybe I'll get banned or put on time out for saying so but I think the closer was the one out of line in that case.

Dolphinmomcca
09-03-2008, 05:55 AM
July 7
Casey Anthony, called the Diary of Days, which was posted on

It reads, in part:

"On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken

Trust no one, Only yourself.

With great power, comes great consequence.

What is given, Can be taken away.

Everyone Lies.

Everyone Dies."

This scares the poo out of me.......it is exactly how she is acting, and I think very telling about what happened to Caylee........one of the most important pieces of a puzzle to me......

"On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken

Trust no one, Only yourself. (she wont talk, because of trust with LE)

With great power, comes great consequence. (she think she has the power to determine who can live or die, she knows she will be in jail for a long time 'the consequence')

What is given, Can be taken away. (she gave Cindy a Granddaughter, even though she wanted to put her up for adoption, and took that 'priveledge' away from Cindy)

Everyone Lies. (Her parents, her)

Everyone Dies" (her innocent baby)

Tricia
09-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Just wanted to pop in and welcome all the great Newbies we have on Websleuths.

It is so cool that so many of you are jumping right in. In can be a bit intimidating but you all are doing great.

Don't hesitate to PM or email me if you have any questions. It might take a while for me to get back to you but I will...eventually :)

Don't forget to check out our fun private forums. Only members of WS can post and read at the forums located here,

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Carry on and WELCOME.

Tricia
Owner Websleuths.com

Hailiejade77
09-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Thought of something last night and wanted to get the word out.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70181

tiredofthis
09-03-2008, 09:28 AM

I really didn't understand the problem. :confused:

I hope they bring it back.

Ginny
09-03-2008, 09:46 AM
OMG, quit clogging up these threads with repetitive questions - i'm sure you can find it somewhere in the first 100 threads.

Reminds me of when I was in middle school and would ask how to spell a word and the teacher would say look it up in the dictionary....if I could spell it to look up in the dictionary then I wouldn't need to ask!

Gray's Mom
09-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi Gray's Mom! I'm a Gray's Mom too! My daughter is 4 and her name is Gracyn & we someimes call her Gray as well~! :)

Hello to you as well. I love the way you spell your baby's name.

Gray's Mom
09-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Just wanted to pop in and welcome all the great Newbies we have on Websleuths.

It is so cool that so many of you are jumping right in. In can be a bit intimidating but you all are doing great.

Don't hesitate to PM or email me if you have any questions. It might take a while for me to get back to you but I will...eventually :)

Don't forget to check out our fun private forums. Only members of WS can post and read at the forums located here,

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Carry on and WELCOME.

Tricia
Owner Websleuths.com

Thank you for the welcome Tricia!

raine1212
09-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi Newbies, I posted this last night but no response what do u guys think of this theory on what may have happened.

No facts... Remember the photos of Casey out dancing in the blue dress and boots, Maybe that could be the night she may have put Caylee in the trunk to go out and party that could explain the way she was acting because Caylee she thought was ok, then after her partying she discovered Caylee had died. Just a thought.

January.
09-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Thank you for the welcome Tricia!

What a beautiful, angelic little face your daughter has. Just gorgeous!

Gray's Mom
09-03-2008, 01:50 PM
What a beautiful, angelic little face your daughter has. Just gorgeous!

Thank you so much and if that sweet baby is yours.....absolutely adorable! This case just makes me hug & kiss her a little more.

January.
09-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Thank you so much and if that sweet baby is yours.....absolutely adorable! This case just makes me hug & kiss her a little more.

She sure is, thanks! I know exactly what you mean. How anyone can harm such an innocent little soul is beyond me. Children are such a blessing.

Gray's Mom
09-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi Newbies, I posted this last night but no response what do u guys think of this theory on what may have happened.

No facts... Remember the photos of Casey out dancing in the blue dress and boots, Maybe that could be the night she may have put Caylee in the trunk to go out and party that could explain the way she was acting because Caylee she thought was ok, then after her partying she discovered Caylee had died. Just a thought.

That is been discussed on the general threads (I couldn't begin to tell you where) and some were theorizing the she could have drugged Caylee and it went horribly wrong. Although the thought of using the trunk of the car/drugs as a babysitter is beyond my comprehension. Considering her behavior, I wouldn't put it past her to do something so stupid. If she did this, I would think that she would HAVE HAD to drug Caylee, I have a daughter close to the same age and there is no way she would go willingly in a trunk and stay quiet.

auntbaby
09-03-2008, 10:39 PM
About the Chloroform found in Casey's trunk. It has been reported that it could either be just that , Chloroform. Or Chloroform created when something like bleach and cleaning fluid mix. JB will probably argue that it was one or more components come together to create some form of Chloroform?
But the FBI lab being as advanced as it is and the scientists and techs being as educated and experienced as probably any in the world, couldn't they tell if one or more components had been spilled in the trunk and created another compound ? Surely the separate mixtures couldn't so completely combine together by themselves as to be unable to tell if there were more than one originally?
Would appreciate another perspective.

Added later: Someone on another thread said that it would take a gallon of bleach and other products to produce even a little chloroform, so probably not a spontaneous mix that produced it.

auntbaby
09-05-2008, 05:19 AM
So Casey will probably get out again today huh? This case is just depressing the #$*T out of me. Some of us are just miserable about that little baby, and her mother is sitting in jail , soon to be sitting on a comfy couch again glued to the computer, seemingly at peace with herself, safe in the knowledge that she will not be pestered with pesky little questions about her missing child by her family or anyone else because "it may interfere with the case". So she just gets to sit at home, eat hot meals , watch tv, spend 6 hours or so at her attorneys office, sleep in her bed at night, and little CAYLEE is God only knows where. If it were my child missing, my family would not let me sleep in peace , eat in peace or anything else without pummeling me with repeated questions about the days leading to and after the disappearance. My wellbeing would certainly not be valued more than that of my child. I can't really think that there are that many families out there that would just let it be. Just live together in that house and NEVER speak about what happened. :behindbar :furious: :mad: :confused::(:shocked2::nerves::fuse::shakehead: :behindbar But evidently there is one that will.

amethyst
09-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Wow, I was really surprised about the 20/20 segment about Caylee. I was ready to be mad and disgusted with ABC but I think they portrayed the situation exactly as it is and they showed Casey for who she is. Perhaps it will stimulate the search efforts and people will focus on whats important here. Finding little Caylee's remains and giving her a proper resting place.

auntbaby
09-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Wow, I was really surprised about the 20/20 segment about Caylee. I was ready to be mad and disgusted with ABC but I think they portrayed the situation exactly as it is and they showed Casey for who she is. Perhaps it will stimulate the search efforts and people will focus on whats important here. Finding little Caylee's remains and giving her a proper resting place.

Dang, we had company and I missed it. Hope there will be a rerun. Glad they didn't portray Casey as the victim. I'm beginning to have doubts that they will find little Caylee at all. Casey may not have much education, but some people in this world are very smart when it comes to "no good".

doogiesgirl
09-07-2008, 11:32 PM
ok i have a stupid question, where do you find the number of any particular thread? Is it right in front of my face and i can't see the forrest for the trees?

2nd stupid question, if you want to post a url that is video is that different than posting one that is text or pic only?

thank you!!!

3Dobes
09-08-2008, 02:11 PM
I can finally post a message now that I found my Avatar!