PDA

View Full Version : Status of Casey's Release on Bond

JBean
08-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Can we keep updated info here ? The main discussion thread covers so many topics at once. Those of us at work have limited time to read would really like to know the latest.
If anyone would be so kind as to post the latest bond discussion here..that would be great.

Thanks in advance.:)

believe09
08-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Has anyone established the number of holds in place and what they are? I remember that there were 4, I think someone else mentioned 2, and now the Padilla's are discussing just 1...
TIA!!

Valerie
08-19-2008, 12:05 PM
http://orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/default.asp?REDID={AD575B0E-5FA8-447E-B8CE-432A446BF855}&BookNumber=08034750&ID=2027038947234

Number of Holds: HOME CONFINEMENT
undisclosed - 002

looks like she's been bonded out now.

poco
08-19-2008, 12:13 PM
http://orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/default.asp?REDID={AD575B0E-5FA8-447E-B8CE-432A446BF855}&BookNumber=08034750&ID=2027038947234

undisclosed - 002

She's out??????????????

AC
08-19-2008, 12:19 PM

undisclosed - 002

Hmmm, link didn't work for me. I received an Orange County page, but no info on Casey.

poco
08-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Hmmm, link didn't work for me. I received an Orange County page, but no info on Casey.

me too

GizzySmith
08-19-2008, 12:22 PM
You can go here to verify the status of an inmate. Sorry I have to go pick up someone, can't do it now.
http://orangecountyfl.net/cms/DEPT/correct/inmateinfo/vine.htm?REDID={337722FA-E1C9-4F36-BEE6-0C00F67E8B32}

"Callers can confirm:

The offender is currently in custody
The offender is currently not in custody
The location of the offender
The scheduled release date of the offender (when known)
Total bail amount
Charge (when available)"

AC
08-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Hey, Poco....so much for my work today.....it's going very slow around here.

Sweetchelle
08-19-2008, 12:25 PM
ANTHONY CASEY 03/19/1986 22 In Custody ORANGE COUNTY JAIL ORANGE COUNTY JAIL

Hopeful One
08-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the thread, Bean. Great idea as I'm having trouble trying to weed through posts while I'm supposed to be working. :)

AC
08-19-2008, 12:26 PM
try this:

http://orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/Default.asp?BookNumber=08034750&ID=2027046807367

Atomic
08-19-2008, 12:29 PM
When she is released, she will no longer appear in the search results, which were last updated at 12:07 (22 min ago)

Valerie
08-19-2008, 12:31 PM
ok i got the info on the current inmates data page, it was what was on the page . maybe she wasnt let out yet but what the bond will consist of. Sorry for the confusion.

poco
08-19-2008, 12:38 PM
ok i got the info on the current inmates data page, it was what was on the page . maybe she wasnt let out yet but what the bond will consist of. Sorry for the confusion.

I guess I'll go take and nap and see what happens first - Fay hits or Casey gets out..........

AC
08-19-2008, 12:42 PM

Valerie....doesn't seem like they would update it unless they were sure of the release, JMO.

Truth Seeker
08-19-2008, 12:46 PM
UPDATED: 12:30 pm EDT August 19, 2008
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony remained in jail, Tuesday afternoon, despite a bounty hunter's efforts to free her.
Meanwhile, Casey's attorney, Jose Baez visited her in jail Monday night.

Fox News stated that Casey did meet with attorny & PI until 1:30 am this morning.

Blondieskatz
08-19-2008, 01:08 PM
UPDATED: 12:30 pm EDT August 19, 2008
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony remained in jail, Tuesday afternoon, despite a bounty hunter's efforts to free her.
Meanwhile, Casey's attorney, Jose Baez visited her in jail Monday night.

Fox News stated that Casey did meet with attorny & PI until 1:30 am this morning.

Gosh, I didn't know you could visit at 1:30 in the morning at the jail house. What was so pressing they had to meet that time of day?

DAWN TREADER
08-19-2008, 01:16 PM

undisclosed - 002

Home confinement means exactly what it says - confined to her home - or other location.

Do we know what the 2 undisclosed holds are? I'm thinking Ankle Monitor as one of the two but that could be related to Home Confinement. :confused:

DT

Patty G
08-19-2008, 01:32 PM
FOX Reports here -

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67819

JBean
08-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Caylee Anthony's Mom May Spend Yet Another Night Behind Bars

The mother of missing 3-year-old Caylee Anthony might not be getting out of jail Tuesday as expected after all, FOX News has learned.
Bailbondsman Tony Padilla, who flew in to Orlando from California to post Casey Anthony's $500,000 bond, said he could have secured her release Tuesday had he filed all the paperwork by 9 a.m.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,406301,00.html

McDonough
08-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi - new here and I have a quick question - if Fay does affect the Orlando area with power/phone outages would they still release her considering her ankle monitor relies on an active phone line for monitoring?

JBean
08-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Hi - new here and I have a quick question - if Fay does affect the Orlando area with power/phone outages would they still release her considering her ankle monitor relies on an active phone line for monitoring?
I THINK they have a backup system in place for such an event.

redmamatwo
08-19-2008, 02:10 PM

Hey, Good question! I wonder if that would effect that. Probably will be let out if it doesn't hit right away. imo

ShouldBWorking
08-19-2008, 02:32 PM
I just tried and it said no information found someone tell me I'm doing something wrong

ShouldBWorking
08-19-2008, 02:33 PM
false alarm I found her I screamed out loud at work not good

impatientredhead
08-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Hey, Good question! I wonder if that would effect that. Probably will be let out if it doesn't hit right away. imo

It can't possibly effect it. What about all the other people out on tracking bracelets? They aren't rounding them up in case the power goes out.

Devorahhh
08-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Home confinement means exactly what it says - confined to her home - or other location.

Do we know what the 2 undisclosed holds are? I'm thinking Ankle Monitor as one of the two but that could be related to Home Confinement. :confused:

DT

Home Confinement in Orange County does consist of an ankle monitor and they must also have a landline phone. As for the undisclosed holds, they would be the additional conditions of her bond, IE: forfeit passport and any other holds they have placed on her. Also, the bond amounts showing on the jail screen are the bond amounts the Judge put in place at her bond hearing.

Devorahhh

Luzer
08-19-2008, 03:28 PM

I have never heard of anyone on house arrest having to report to a jail for a hurricane warning. There are many others out on house arrest, so if Casey meets the other criteria, she could be released. Plus, the type of telephone line required for the ankle monitor is POTS - plain old telephone service, which doesn't automatically go down if the power goes out. Also, I have heard stories from phone repair people that if an ankle monitor line goes out, the repair person can get called out at any time to fix the problem, if the phone company deems it necessary. Other times, the person with the ankle monitor won't report a problem for a week.

my2cents
08-19-2008, 03:32 PM

In Atlanta, we had buried phone lines. When we had a bad freeze/ice storm a few years ago, I was out of power for 1 1/2 weeks but still had a phone! Maybe that's how it is in Orlando. I hope not...

ETA: The lines were buried to our complex, but they may have been done the old way outside the complex, IDK.

imnotheonlyone
08-19-2008, 03:39 PM
This has to be one of the poorest written reports I've seen:
http://www.enews20.com/news_Casey_Anthony_Mother_of_Missing_Toddler_Will_ Remain_Behind_Bars_10670.html

MD MOMMY
08-19-2008, 04:14 PM
SO TP didn't file the paperwork by 9am according to reports due to "procedural tie ups" of which I bet is some of the wording about the BH staying with her. It is not normal procedure. I'm sure the wording in and of itself is nuts. There are so many stipulations that the BH has set forth. Hopefully TP will be back here today to do another Q&A..I'm curious.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,406301,00.html

McDonough
08-19-2008, 04:16 PM
In Atlanta, we had buried phone lines. When we had a bad freeze/ice storm a few years ago, I was out of power for 1 1/2 weeks but still had a phone! Maybe that's how it is in Orlando. I hope not...

ETA: The lines were buried to our complex, but they may have been done the old way outside the complex, IDK.

We have buried phone lines here too but the one time we lost our phones was during a huge storm where the ground was completely saturated & the phone lines were somehow compromised by the groundwater.

I figured that there had to be some kind of backup for all of those on house arrest but really wondered if the situation would be different for a newly released inmate if they were unable to make the initial check in from home due to damaged phone lines.

MD MOMMY
08-19-2008, 04:16 PM
This has to be one of the poorest written reports I've seen:
http://www.enews20.com/news_Casey_Anthony_Mother_of_Missing_Toddler_Will_ Remain_Behind_Bars_10670.html

Did a 4th grader write that??? WOW.

McDonough
08-19-2008, 04:18 PM
I have never heard of anyone on house arrest having to report to a jail for a hurricane warning.

I figured that was the case but wondered if there would be different requirements since she was not already an established house arrest individual, if not having a phone line for her initial check in at home would pose a problem.

my2cents
08-19-2008, 04:21 PM
We have buried phone lines here too but the one time we lost our phones was during a huge storm where the ground was completely saturated & the phone lines were somehow compromised by the groundwater.

I figured that there had to be some kind of backup for all of those on house arrest but really wondered if the situation would be different for a newly released inmate if they were unable to make the initial check in from home due to damaged phone lines.

It's really going to suck if she gets out, the lines get damaged, and she runs off. Even if there are armed guards there (per yahoo cowboy), she could always say he wanted to change clothes and climb out the window. There is NO way that they can be with her 100% of the time.

ETA: let's pray that the storm knocks the phone lines out today, so they won't release her. I hate for thousands to suffer, but if it means keeping her in jail, I am betting all would be willing to go without a phone for a while.

Patty G
08-19-2008, 04:58 PM
OT - Help Find Caylee website is back up again! http://www.helpfindcaylee.com/

Kimmer
08-19-2008, 05:14 PM
I personally feel that cowboy Padilla says he wants to get Casey out, but I think he is just getting free publicity and face time on any show that will have him, but he really doesnt want to get her out. I bet this will blow over just like all the information that the family has supposedly given to LE.

rm_blogger
08-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Did a 4th grader write that??? WOW.

Holy cow. I thought my grammar and spelling needed help. I left a snarky comment which undoubtedly will not get approved. Nevertheless I felt the need to share...

sweetwater
08-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Holy cow. I thought my grammar and spelling needed help. I left a snarky comment which undoubtedly will not get approved. Nevertheless I felt the need to share...

It's apparently a site out of the UK; not all of the pages are updated. I think it's just people cutting and pasting and creating sensational headlines.

sweetwater
08-19-2008, 05:56 PM
I personally feel that cowboy Padilla says he wants to get Casey out, but I think he is just getting free publicity and face time on any show that will have him, but he really doesnt want to get her out. I bet this will blow over just like all the information that the family has supposedly given to LE.

Do you suppose it has anything to do with Le processing the items that the searchers found in Blanchard Park?

whatUthinking!?
08-19-2008, 06:08 PM
i heard one of the conditions was they have to have a landline with no call waiting or any other extras for her ankle monitor to be on alone

Patty G
08-19-2008, 06:17 PM
FOX Report @3:30 Shep with Greta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXe4J1Z-s8

NighTillDawn
08-19-2008, 06:23 PM
FOX Report @3:30 Shep with Greta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXe4J1Z-s8

Thanks again Patty. The BH has hope that Casey leads them to Caylee? I thought she is on house arrest, how can she go anywhere with the BH if she is bounded to the home?

ThoughtElf
08-19-2008, 06:24 PM
The local FL bondsman may be backing out of the deal:

http://www.wftv.com/news/17235638/detail.html

melissa81
08-19-2008, 06:29 PM
My thoughts on her being released is that she has a civil right to be bailed out. i don't really mind that she is getting out. i know she is a person of interest but there is a system in the good ol usa that says a person is innocent untill proven guilty.

Sunshinegirl
08-19-2008, 06:32 PM

Very interesting!!! This is quoted at the end of the article:

The Anthony family's emotions are running very high. During Monday night's edition of Nancy Grace, on CNN, Casey was called a punk. After the program, Casey's mother, Cindy Anthony, confronted the crew off camera.

We're also hearing that Al Estes could be backing out of the bond deal but we have not been able to confirm that through his company, and he has not returned our calls.

I want to know the details!!! Anyone else hear about Cindy lashing out on them??

cjcord
08-19-2008, 06:33 PM
http://orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/Default.asp?BookNumber=08034750&ID=6356049053927

the other link didn't work...in case anyone needed it

believe09
08-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Home Confinement in Orange County does consist of an ankle monitor and they must also have a landline phone. As for the undisclosed holds, they would be the additional conditions of her bond, IE: forfeit passport and any other holds they have placed on her. Also, the bond amounts showing on the jail screen are the bond amounts the Judge put in place at her bond hearing.

Devorahhh

Thank you-I was just about to type this. Is your hat a reference to Heavenly Creatures?

Muzikman
08-19-2008, 06:38 PM
The Anthony family's emotions are running very high. During Monday night's edition of Nancy Grace, on CNN, Casey was called a punk. After the program, Casey's mother, Cindy Anthony, confronted the crew off camera.

We're also hearing that Al Estes could be backing out of the bond deal but we have not been able to confirm that through his company, and he has not returned our calls.

I want to know the details!!! Anyone else hear about Cindy lashing out on them??

I'd LOVE to see this too! With all of the news cameras sitting outside the Anthony's 24/7, SOMEBODY had to have caught that on camera.....

Diamond
08-19-2008, 06:39 PM

Cool, I hope it's true.:woohoo:

She may have a right to bond out, but that doesn't mean it has to be handed to her.

She wasn't talking before or since jail, I don't see that changing. She's not going to speak and make things worse for herself. And, I'm sure her attorney wouldn't let her anyhow. Bottom line: She can talk anywhere...

believe09
08-19-2008, 06:39 PM

Good question for our friend Mr. Padilla...if his financing is falling through, I guess he will be booking a flight home...

sweetwater
08-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Cool, I hope it's true.:woohoo:

She may have a right to bond out, but that doesn't mean it has to be handed to her.

She wasn't talking before or since jail, I don't see that changing. She's not going to speak and make things worse for herself. And, I'm sure her attorney wouldn't let her anyhow. Bottom line: She can talk anywhere...

And she can't lead them to anyone, either.
That has been the rationale for her getting out, hasn't it? That she would be able to track down Caylee's keepers?

McSev
08-19-2008, 07:44 PM
FoxNews with Shep Smith had a report from the Anthony home. Mentioned was the snag - Phil Keating says that due to some Miami "heavy weight" bondsmen, there seems to be a rivalry going on.

Now what that means, I'm not sure. But I do suspect this coupled with the wftv report may mean bondsmen in Florida may not be so in favor of the Padillas coming in to save Casey's bacon (e.g., bond her out.)

Bobby62
08-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Last night on NG Leonard said he came to bail her out because the Fl Bondsmen don' have the "cajones". Today, the Tampa bondsmen said that the holdup was that his insurance wanted more language in the contract to be sure that the Tampa bondsman was not responsible for the cash. He also said something to the effect of Leonard was unprofessional and a few other things like that. I do not remember verbatim but it was on the WFTV news.

maur33
08-19-2008, 08:00 PM
FoxNews with Shep Smith had a report from the Anthony home. Mentioned was the snag - Phil Keating says that due to some Miami "heavy weight" bondsmen, there seems to be a rivalry going on.

Now what that means, I'm not sure. But I do suspect this coupled with the wftv report may mean bondsmen in Florida may not be so in favor of the Padillas coming in to save Casey's bacon (e.g., bond her out.)

Wow..in all honesty I am not surprised by this turn of events I can definitely see how some bondsmen could take offense to all this drama...and rightly so. Who does this guy think he is anyway?

JBean
08-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Wow..in all honesty I am not surprised by this turn of events I can definitely see how some bondsmen could take offense to all this drama...and rightly so. Who does this guy think he is anyway?Hi Maur33
Why would they take offense to it?

Indianagirl
08-19-2008, 08:05 PM
According to the Nancy Grace show, Casey could be out as soon as tomorrow, Wednesday at 8:30 AM

NighTillDawn
08-19-2008, 08:07 PM
According to the Nancy Grace show, Casey could be out as soon as tomorrow, Wednesday at 8:30 AM

First it was Monday, then it was Tuesday, now it is Wednesday...who knows when she is actually getting out, if she'll be getting out.

krimekat
08-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Last night on NG Leonard said he came to bail her out because the Fl Bondsmen don' have the "cajones". Today, the Tampa bondsmen said that the holdup was that his insurance wanted more language in the contract to be sure that the Tampa bondsman was not responsible for the cash. He also said something to the effect of Leonard was unprofessional and a few other things like that. I do not remember verbatim but it was on the WFTV news.

I totally remember that quote

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

maur33
08-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi Maur33

Wouldn't you take offense to someone saying you don't have the "cajones" to put up bail for a woman who has most likely murdered her child.

She doesn't deserve to be bailed out and the fact is the florida bondsmen aren't stupid they can see how this case has gone beyond anything normal and once this Leonard guy leaves they are the one's who have to continue to do business in florida and I don't think she is worth disrupting whatever ties they have have with the local LE.

Love_Mama
08-19-2008, 08:14 PM
First it was Monday, then it was Tuesday, now it is Wednesday...who knows when she is actually getting out, if she'll be getting out.

Grounds Hog Day? Used now in English to mean 'the same thing over and over again' partiularly in reference to unpleasant repeating cycles.

xxxxxooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

McSev
08-19-2008, 08:29 PM

And Leonard Padilla, who is appearing on the show, just confirmed that some Florida bond agents are hindering him (as I posted FoxNews mentioned in my prior post) and he's contacted the FBI about them - says he's getting threats. And he's NOt confirming it will be at 8:30 am - says the jail only releases between 1pm-3pm.

I think what's happening is the FL agents want Padilla to follow the rules they have to follow in posting bond, and not get an "exception" made for the way *he* wants to do things. The Padillas have to work with a local licensed bondsman, the name of whom is in the WFTV report linked prior in the thread. It's the Florida Department of Insurance that has to clear Padillas' company to do interstate business.

Sunshinegirl
08-19-2008, 08:43 PM

I think Bounty Man will back out at the last minute... his 15 minutes will be up, yet due to all the media exposure his shows ratings will soar...

Thus.. jackpot for Bounty Man...

ShouldBWorking
08-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Wouldn't you take offense to someone saying you don't have the "cajones" to put up bail for a woman who has most likely murdered her child.

She doesn't deserve to be bailed out and the fact is the florida bondsmen aren't stupid they can see how this case has gone beyond anything normal and once this Leonard guy leaves they are the one's who have to continue to do business in florida and I don't think she is worth disrupting whatever ties they have have with the local LE.

do you think bondsmen only bond out people they think are innocent? bondsmen bail out guilty people everyday, the difference they make money doing it, so are is the opinion here it's ok to bail out guilty people if you make money but if you do it for publicity you are a bad evil person, I'm confused

McSev
08-19-2008, 09:24 PM
do you think bondsmen only bond out people they think are innocent? bondsmen bail out guilty people everyday, the difference they make money doing it, so are is the opinion here it's ok to bail out guilty people if you make money but if you do it for publicity you are a bad evil person, I'm confused

That's not my opinion - but it is others :)

I think, as I stated before, the reason for the bond agent hooplah is the process in which the Florida bondsmen have to work --and the Padillas are doing this a different way, one that may not be what the rest of Florida is used to. According to what I heard, this may (and if anyone knows better, holler) be what's happening:

1) Tony Padilla's company is a Texas based bond insurer
2) Leonard has 50K, wants to give it to his nephew to secure the bond
3) Tony has to have a registered Florida bondsman to post the bond
4) The Florida bondsman, in effect, is the one posting the bond with Tony's company as the insurer
5) The Florida bondsman's own insurer in involved in the mix here
6) I think the Florida bondsman's insurer wants to be assured that their client (the Florida bondsman) won't be held responsible for the bond -- and that assurance may also be the reasoning behind petitioning the judge for GPS ankle bracelet rather than an electronic proximity monitor
7) Other Florida bond agents are crying foul with either the way the bond is being insured, or the fact that an out of state insurer is collecting the $50K

None of this debacle has anything to do with whether anyone wants casey to have bond or not: it's more about following the "rules" and not making "exceptions", which may be why Leonard mentioned the FL Department of Insurers has to make a decision.

The thing I find compelling is Leonard also said on Nancy Grace that interstate commerce for Tony's company to insure is being interfered with - I don't necessarily think that's the case. I think what's being interpreted as the "rules" involves the FL bondsman getting an additional $50K, which makes Leonard put out $50K ($100k total) to 2 companies, rather than just $50K. It really is all about who is bonding and who is insuring and who is permitted to do so and what way under FL statutes.

curiositycat
08-19-2008, 09:26 PM
I wonder if BH would be better off to just hang out with this until Thursday. IF she were to get charged with something else on Thursday he will have to come up with more money. I guess it would make more sense to stall for a couple of days.

McSev
08-19-2008, 09:32 PM
I wonder if BH would be better off to just hang out with this until Thursday. IF she were to get charged with something else on Thursday he will have to come up with more money. I guess it would make more sense to stall for a couple of days.

Yep - I agree. This bond thing intrigues me though, because all we kept hearing from them (not the media, THEM) was how this is "standard" procedure. If it was standard, one would think they'd know all these things, and they clearly, according to Leonard, did not. What's also a tad contradictory is Leonard stating that his 'phew does business in FL all the time? Hmmm

maur33
08-19-2008, 10:08 PM

Of course they bond out guilty people, they wouldn't be business if they didn't. I personally couldn't care less one way or the other if she is bonded out or not, I just don't think she is someone who deserves to have some guy come in and offer to bond her out.

What in the world makes people think that some bond agent in florida should have offered this up to her and that if they didn't it means that they don't have the "cajones"....why in the world should they take on such risk. If her family and friends cannot secure the bond with property or otherwise than she shouldn't be bonded out. That's my opinion and I am entitled to it.

She isn't going to change her ridiculous nanny story and I believe that her being the house with the GP's is not in their best interest. I am just glad that I don't have to live with her.

krimekat
08-19-2008, 10:17 PM
"Russell Fabish is causing all this stink" per the BH -- who is he??

ShouldBWorking
08-19-2008, 10:43 PM
"Russell Fabish is causing all this stink" per the BH -- who is he??

I tried to google didn't find anything, is he the bondsman raising you know what about the procedure of bonding her out

JBean
08-20-2008, 10:35 AM
bumpity bump for any and all bond info

imnotheonlyone
08-20-2008, 11:29 AM
I think Bounty Man will back out at the last minute... his 15 minutes will be up, yet due to all the media exposure his shows ratings will soar...

Thus.. jackpot for Bounty Man...

So far, I sure won't be a sitcom fan - this guy is a nut

Luzer
08-20-2008, 11:30 AM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee-casey-anthony-still-in-jail-08aug20,0,3979403.story

Orlando Sentinel story stating she won't get out today.

imnotheonlyone
08-20-2008, 11:42 AM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee-casey-anthony-still-in-jail-08aug20,0,3979403.story

:woohoo:

NighTillDawn
08-20-2008, 11:48 AM

Now that is news worth waking up to!

:woohoo:

Angelonline
08-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Quote from link below:
"But more snags with the paperwork and threats of an arrest if the proper state procedures aren't followed have slowed the process further, Padilla told FOX."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,406962,00.html

DeltaDawn
08-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Hi Maur33

JB..did you read or hear what he said about Florida bondsman..Padilla pretty much said they didn't have the cajones, balls , and some other pretty unflattering things, to bail her out. He was making enemies of them rather then friends. That might be okay after he bailed her out, but saying that prior to, only made it harder for him to find the bondsman and their agenices to copperate with him in Florida..don't bite the hand that is getting ready to help you.

EvaInCA
08-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Oh man, I got up this morning looking for a lynch mob in front of the Anthony's house. Crap, looks like I'm going to have to watch Hannah Montana!

That'll teach this "media whore" to mess with the bail bondsmen in Florida, eh? Who's looking for his "cajones" now?

manatee
08-20-2008, 02:34 PM
JB..did you read or hear what he said about Florida bondsman..Padilla pretty much said they didn't have the cajones, balls , and some other pretty unflattering things, to bail her out. He was making enemies of them rather then friends. That might be okay after he bailed her out, but saying that prior to, only made it harder for him to find the bondsman and their agenices to copperate with him in Florida..don't bite the hand that is getting ready to help you.

Heard it. Which BTW, I thought padilla was mexican. He must not speak spanish because the correct pronounciation is COJONES with an O, yet he did say it with an A. Not that it matters but it bother me. I thought he spoke spanish. CAJONES with an A is boxes...too funny.

EvaInCA
08-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I thought that was funny too, the "cajones". He would have been better off saying "huevos". But he's a wierd one none the less.

manatee
08-20-2008, 02:58 PM
QUOTE=EvaInCA;2527686]Yeah, I thought that was funny too, the "cajones". He would have been better off saying "huevos". But he's a wierd one none the less.[/QUOTE]

:laugh:

janiekay
08-20-2008, 03:00 PM
BH is not going to bond her out...PERIOD. He "supposedly" put up 50K with his nephew, but the florida agent is actually posting the bond. He said he should have the 50K not the nephew. What is his incentive to write the bond??? He should at least make the something for going through all this. He is just covering his butt. I could very easily see him writing the bond, and Casey skipping out, and all the nephew's company has to do is declare bankrupcy and go out of business. Then, he is stuck holding the bag.

By saying that the FL bondsmen don't have the cojones, he is trying to "pick a fight" with them...and someone took the bait. It seems that another BH is joining him in bonding her out according to the latest report.

Why would anyone want to bail her out??? I still believe it is all a publicity stunt for his new TV show. JMHO

Elphaba
08-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Heard it. Which BTW, I thought padilla was mexican. He must not speak spanish because the correct pronounciation is COJONES with an O, yet he did say it with an A. Not that it matters but it bother me. I thought he spoke spanish. CAJONES with an A is boxes...too funny.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

In defense of Florida bondsmen: there's a tropical storm about... their boxes will get wet. :D Wet soggy boxes does not a good bondsman make. Or something prolific like that. :)

manatee
08-20-2008, 03:10 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

In defense of Florida bondsmen: there's a tropical storm about... their boxes will get wet. :D Wet soggy boxes does not a good bondsman make. Or something prolific like that. :)

:clap::clap:

I'm sure he had many spanish speaking people dying of laughter last night. :)

EvaInCA
08-20-2008, 04:26 PM
So instead of calling this a "media circus" (which I believe BH did call it that on Greta's show) we can officially name this a "Bail Bondsman/Bounty Hunter Pissing Contest"??

LI_Mom
08-20-2008, 04:34 PM
By saying that the FL bondsmen don't have the cojones, he is trying to "pick a fight" with them...and someone took the bait. It seems that another BH is joining him in bonding her out according to the latest report.

Maybe he resorted to the name calling because he & Baez were afraid she really WAS going to be getting out?

Baez doesn't want her shooting off her mouth. It COULD get her the death penalty.

BH sure as heck painted himself into a VERY SMALL corner with his ridiculous time limit of 5 days to get the truth out of her.

What the heck do these 2 do when LE calls their bluff & says.... "ok, she's all yours, enjoy?!' lol

kathyn2
08-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Did anyone see a fox report this morning with Leonard Padilla and when asked about how he thought that it was going to work that Casey would tell him what happened to Caylee he replied that she wouldn't be telling him but she would tell her mother! He said he was NOT going to be staying at the house at all. That there would be a guard stationed outside so that she couldn't escape and a woman on his team at the house. But that HE would not be talking to Casey or going to the house at all. He also said that even if she doesn't talk, she can stay out of jail and they wouldn't toss her back in.

What the heck??? Why is he doing this? I thought he claimed to have special powers in getting people to talk etc and that she would talk to him. Now he claims he will not be talking to her. I bet this was the agreement her lawyer made with him. That Padilla couldn't talk to her. Only her mom who will hide anything negative that might be told to her. It really makes me mad. Are you all praying she doesn't get out??? I hope so.

Joyce
08-20-2008, 04:57 PM
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7249533&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

NighTillDawn
08-20-2008, 04:59 PM
kathyn Padilla got his 15 minutes, he doesn't need Casey anymore.

lookieloo
08-20-2008, 05:00 PM
WOFL reports:

" FOX 35 just learned Casey Anthony's bail should be posted sometime in the next three hours. That could mean between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. "

JBean
08-20-2008, 05:06 PM
WOFL reports:

" FOX 35 just learned Casey Anthony's bail should be posted sometime in the next three hours. That could mean between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. "
Oh thank you..every time I check in it is something different! Keep this thread posted please!

Devorahhh
08-20-2008, 05:26 PM
I just heard on WFTV news that the bondsman is at the jail posting her bond but with the home confinement condition it is unlikely that she will be out of jail tonite. Probably sometime tomorrow.
Devorahhh

JBean
08-20-2008, 05:32 PM
I just heard on WFTV news that the bondsman is at the jail posting her bond but with the home confinement condition it is unlikely that she will be out of jail tonite. Probably sometime tomorrow.
Devorahhh
PLease let us know when the bond is posted.thank u

Leila
08-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Fox News just announced that Casey is in the process of being bonded out, and that it's a matter of minutes.

JBean
08-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Fox News just announced that Casey is in the process of being bonded out, and that it's a matter of minutes.
Thanks Leila. We have 3 conversations going on the same topic lol.

Patty G
08-20-2008, 05:49 PM
According to BH Padilla, they only release bonded out inmates between 1 and 3 PM

cjcord
08-20-2008, 05:51 PM
http://www.orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/default.asp?REDID={AD575B0E-5FA8-447E-B8CE-432A446BF855}&BookNumber=08034750&ID=6356648976692

ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE

Booking Number: 08034750
Race: White
Date of Birth: 03/19/1986
Last Known Address: 4937 Hopespring Dr, Orlando, Fl 32829
Cell: F-DORML-14
Date Booked: 07/16/2008
Time Booked: 08:09pm
undisclosed - 002
Notes: BOND PENDING

this means something happened, as this notes area was empty a bit ago.

curiositycat
08-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Did anyone see a fox report this morning with Leonard Padilla and when asked about how he thought that it was going to work that Casey would tell him what happened to Caylee he replied that she wouldn't be telling him but she would tell her mother! He said he was NOT going to be staying at the house at all. That there would be a guard stationed outside so that she couldn't escape and a woman on his team at the house. But that HE would not be talking to Casey or going to the house at all. He also said that even if she doesn't talk, she can stay out of jail and they wouldn't toss her back in.

What the heck??? Why is he doing this? I thought he claimed to have special powers in getting people to talk etc and that she would talk to him. Now he claims he will not be talking to her. I bet this was the agreement her lawyer made with him. That Padilla couldn't talk to her. Only her mom who will hide anything negative that might be told to her. It really makes me mad. Are you all praying she doesn't get out??? I hope so.

I did hear this and I thought the same thing. Talk to her mother? Is this the same mother who she lied to for 31 days???

Erica
08-20-2008, 05:53 PM
But because it was so late in the day, she will not be released until Thursday (according to Fox News).

curiositycat
08-20-2008, 05:55 PM
But because it was so late in the day, she will not be released until Thursday (according to Fox News).
Thanks for confirming this! That was my understanding too.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Patty G
08-20-2008, 06:05 PM
5:30 ish - Bail Bondsman Posting Bond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doHnnu2Ps0k

FOX reports from today under Media Forum

Eponine
08-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Oh wow--thank you Patty!

awakening2lite
08-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Bond posted for Casey Anthony
Last Edited: Wednesday, 20 Aug 2008, 5:46 PM EDT
EXCERPT

Casey remains in jail due to the late filing of the bond. She will probably be released on Thursday and will be driven home by the bail bondsmen and a bounty hunter.

source: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7249533&version=6&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Dorvillian
08-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks, Patty G!

DAWN TREADER
08-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Bond posted for Casey Anthony
Last Edited: Wednesday, 20 Aug 2008, 5:46 PM EDT
EXCERPT

Casey remains in jail due to the late filing of the bond. She will probably be released on Thursday and will be driven home by the bail bondsmen and a bounty hunter.

source: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=3.2.1

Thanks A2Lite!

Followed by a virtual caravan of media outlets and lookie-loos no doubt! :crazy:

DT

jdj8766
08-20-2008, 06:40 PM
check this out from the corrections website:

ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE

undisclosed - 002

Charges

Case Sequence: 205
Case Status: Presentenced
#Bond Amount: 100.00
Police Case Number: n/a
Court Location: CIRCUIT
Arresting Agency: Orange County Sheriff Office
Charge/Court Case Number: False Official Statements
482008CF0010925O
Case Sequence: 206
Charge/Court Case Number: Obstruct Criminal Invest-False Info To Leo
482008CF0010925O

tiffertots
08-20-2008, 06:47 PM
check this out from the corrections website:

ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE

undisclosed - 002

Charges

Case Sequence: 205
Charge/Court Case Number: False Official Statements
482008CF0010925O
Case Sequence: 206
Charge/Court Case Number: Obstruct Criminal Invest-False Info To Leo
482008CF0010925O

I don't get it? presentenced?? where's the neglect charge?? Is there a page 2? total charge of bonds $200??

jdj8766
08-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Is it possible they're telling the media that she'll be let out tomorrow so they can sneak her out tonight without there being a madhouse at the jail tonight?

Busylady
08-20-2008, 06:56 PM
I wonder if they delete them as bond is posted, because now the Obstruct criminal invest doesnt not show a bond amount.

Leila
08-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Deleted, as I didn't read all above.......................

NighTillDawn
08-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Is it possible they're telling the media that she'll be let out tomorrow so they can sneak her out tonight without there being a madhouse at the jail tonight?

That could be very likely. Or they will sneak Casey out from somewhere else where the media wont be hanging around.

:praying: for Caylee

JustJax
08-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Casey Anthony's Bail Posted, Release Expected Thursday
POSTED: 5:13 pm EDT August 20, 2008
UPDATED: 6:14 pm EDT August 20, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- After nearly a week of concerted efforts by high profile, California bounty hunter Leonard Padilla and his behind-the-scenes bail bondsman nephew Tony Padilla, Casey Anthony's bond was posted Wednesday night, and she could be released from Orange County Corrections' custody as early as Thursday morning.
(snipped)
http://www.wftv.com/news/17246489/detail.html

Patty G
08-20-2008, 07:19 PM
When the female astronaut (forgot her name) was released on bond from the exact same place, she walked through the doors right to the media. Last night's OTR, they gave a step-by-step on what will happen and also during the day on Fox. Check media threads for links to reports.

MIMOMMY
08-20-2008, 07:23 PM
:furious:

JBean
08-20-2008, 07:23 PM
When the female astronaut (forgot her name) was released on bond from the exact same place, she walked through the doors right to the media. Last night's OTR, they gave a step-by-step on what will happen and also during the day on Fox. Check media threads for links to reports.
Thanks for the info and update PattyG.
I would bet that they can change policy and let her out any time. I won't be surprised if they let her out in the middle of the night.

melissa81
08-20-2008, 07:29 PM
i was wondering where is the neglect charge its not on her report anymore...that is weird can someone please explain

Patty G
08-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the info and update PattyG.
I would bet that they can change policy and let her out any time. I won't be surprised if they let her out in the middle of the night.

Well I hope that they stick to policy and let her out when they release inmates on bond. It's bad enough she is getting out as it is.

Once she's out and as of August 21, she is out until she goes to trial in 190 days from the 21st. That is a long time to be out while her child is still alone out there somewhere. :furious:

JBean
08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Well I hope that they stick to policy and let her out when they release inmates on bond. It's bad enough she is getting out as it is.

Once she's out and as of August 21, she is out until she goes to trial in 190 days from the 21st. That is a long time to be out while her child is still alone out there somewhere. :furious:
I am just looking at the nature of this release and all the people watching. For her safety I just wonder if they will adjust.

Patty G
08-20-2008, 07:34 PM
I am just looking at the nature of this release and all the people watching. For her safety I just wonder if they will adjust.

I am sure she will be surrounded by all of Padilla's bodyguards.

JBean
08-20-2008, 07:35 PM
LOL..she needs secret service. Sniper fire and all.

Patty G
08-20-2008, 07:39 PM
OT ... why was thread 111 locked?

JBean
08-20-2008, 07:40 PM
I think they have removed her charges from the database.

I was thinking if they drop the neglect charge for now, that would leave the door wide open to charge her with anything in the future. IOW< if they decide that murder is appropriate down the road they can charge her with that and not have to argue the double jeopardy end of it.
KWIM?

JBean
08-20-2008, 07:41 PM
OT ... why was thread 111 locked?
Maybe it was locked and a new one wasn't started?

dontbreakme
08-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Say she does get released, and then LE brings up new charges and arrests her again. Does our good ole cowboy loose his money? How does that work?

melissa81
08-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Say she does get released, and then LE brings up new charges and arrests her again. Does our good ole cowboy loose his money? How does that work?

he would get the bond back for sure if she went back to jail on new charges. because a bond is only surety that the inmate will make her court appereance, if they brought her back to jail two days later with new charges he will get his bond back cause she is in custody therefore will make all her court apperances

JBean
08-20-2008, 07:51 PM
The only thing lost would be the fee and that is lost already. The bond is to insure that the defendant will come to court. If she is re arrested she will certainly be at court so the bond conditions will be met.

ChattyWoman
08-20-2008, 07:52 PM
The 6:49:28 update has nothing but this showing:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE

undisclosed - 002

Charges

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/default.asp?REDID={AD575B0E-5FA8-447E-B8CE-432A446BF855}&BookNumber=08034750&ID=6356702188558

dontbreakme
08-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Ahh. Thank you. I don't usually go around bonding wack job losers out like he does so I wsasn't sure how it worked. :) Thanks for the info!

pregodego2
08-20-2008, 09:11 PM
holy crapola batman! can ANYTHING in this case just be straight foward? now even the bail posting has become a circus of smoke and mirrors. yet another ploy to confuse the media?

i pray caylee is alive and finds out everything her mother is. i guess that would hurt her feelings...ugh but no one in that family really deserves caylee much anymore.

Patty G
08-20-2008, 09:23 PM
7:50 PM Shep with Phil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WewE49AIx4Y

grace60
08-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Considering the media frenzy around this I wonder if maybe they would sneak her out in the middle of the night. It could be a danger to the general public with the reporters chasing the car she is in.

kc11478
08-20-2008, 10:03 PM
GVS has reporter at jail, where bail was posted and they say that she is going to be out first thing tomorrow, but NG just said she could be leaving any minute??

believe09
08-20-2008, 10:16 PM
An interview with LP:
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/08/bounty-hunter-s.html

Snip
"We have people there for security because there have been a lot of threats against her and we don't want to be responsible for her getting killed," Padilla said, adding, "Threats are standard. If I don't get 10 threats a week people aren't paying attention to me."
In regards to the difficulties Padilla has had with the surety company in Florida, he had this to say:
"The competitors here in Florida are a bunch of dimwits. They didn't bail her out and they can't figure out why someone came from California came to do it. They're just idiots. They say, 'don't bail her out or we'll kill you, you son of a <redacted>.' They want to try to put us out of business."
Snip

This is not the way to make friends...

believe09
08-20-2008, 10:19 PM
http://www.local6.com/news/17246775/detail.html

JBean
08-20-2008, 10:52 PM
I hope they sneak her out of there. This thing is gonna blow sky high.

suspicious mind
08-20-2008, 11:00 PM
for some reason I think she will enjoy the media attention in a really sick way.

janiekay
08-21-2008, 01:50 AM
OK-- I'm not quite ready to eat my words--YET!!!

He may have posted bond, but who set the conditions of the bond??? There are still 2 undisclosed holds on her bond that have yet to be satisfied. One is supposedly the psych eval. Does anyone know what the other one is???

Some of the legal experts on Greta's show said that the only one who could possibly benefit from her release is the prosecution. In order for her not to incriminate herself, she can't talk to anyone about anything related to this case when she is out.

The other potential is that tomorrow is her arraignment. They will not release her if they press more charges.

Devorahhh
08-21-2008, 05:39 AM
OK-- I'm not quite ready to eat my words--YET!!!

He may have posted bond, but who set the conditions of the bond??? There are still 2 undisclosed holds on her bond that have yet to be satisfied. One is supposedly the psych eval. Does anyone know what the other one is???

Some of the legal experts on Greta's show said that the only one who could possibly benefit from her release is the prosecution. In order for her not to incriminate herself, she can't talk to anyone about anything related to this case when she is out.

The other potential is that tomorrow is her arraignment. They will not release her if they press more charges.

The pysch eval has already been done. The other hold is home confinement. By the time the actual bond was posted yesterday it was too late for the home confinement people to set her up. She also has to give up her passport. Look at thread number 47 in Official documents under Motion for Bond and you will see all the conditions.

Devorahhh

Bobby62
08-21-2008, 08:02 AM
I had a friend about 6 years ago that was arrested for driving with a suspended license. He went into this same facility at about 8 pm, called his wife and was bonded out. He was released and walked out the door at about 1 am. She can walk out when all conditions are met.

MvD
08-21-2008, 09:15 AM
for some reason I think she will enjoy the media attention in a really sick way.

I totally agree... she will be eating it up..

Devorahhh
08-21-2008, 09:53 AM
< but who set the conditions of the bond???>

The JUDGE set the conditions of bond when he set the bond amount.

Also, if they file new charges on her, she will most likely be rearrested and held in jail. The bondsman has the choice of staying on her original bond for the original charges or going off the bond. Going off the bond would be the most likely.
Devorahhh

curiositycat
08-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Just check orange county inmate page still says bond pending.

cjcord
08-21-2008, 10:11 AM
her pic is gone from there

Atomic
08-21-2008, 10:17 AM
her pic is gone from there

Where are you looking? I still see her page as last updated at 9:37 am, bond pending!

omg the media is clinging to the courthouse windows!

Devorahhh
08-21-2008, 10:22 AM
10:25 am she is still listed in the Inmate Data Base.
Devorahhh

cjcord
08-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Baez just arrived

6angels
08-21-2008, 10:32 AM
She has been released

Atomic
08-21-2008, 10:34 AM
she just walked out

no f'in way :eek:

I'll get nothing done today

JBean
08-21-2008, 10:38 AM
How did it go down?

Truth Seeker
08-21-2008, 10:39 AM
A bunch of shoving with the reporters and yelling questions at her!!! She was gone real fast.

JBean
08-21-2008, 10:44 AM
A bunch of shoving with the reporters and yelling questions at her!!! She was gone real fast.
Thanks TS
I was expecting sniper fire with the emotion surrounding this case.

janiekay
08-21-2008, 11:18 AM
omg!!!

I really can't believe it!!!

CHOMP>>>CHOMP>>>CHOMP>>> (not really funny8.(

Angelonline
08-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Ok wheres the WS member who was going to eat the worms on a youtube video if Casey was released. Robotdog I think is his name. So if your out there I am waiting on that video.