PDA

View Full Version : Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #105

Pages : 1 [2]

Chezhire
08-19-2008, 03:35 PM
I look at it this way,
1. Any post of this kind will be subject to scrutiny by LE.
2. All Isp's can be traced even if you use a fake name to register.
3. Can be proven false or true by any LE agency so posting something like this if false is not a very smart idea.

That is the reason I do not get concerned but would like to know if WS is advised by LE to remove such threads and why. If this is a known made up event it would definitely be important to this case if perpetrated by the Anthony family.

sure - and as of yet, it hasn't been removed...so apparently it's still being looked at...

miss lisa
08-19-2008, 03:36 PM
I have my doubts as well. It seems to me that Renea was simply looking at photos of the Grunds that were in Casey's webshots accouny, and describing them as the people he/she saw. Renea was describing Deb Grund to a "T", except saying she was heavy set. Someone noted in that thread that Deb has lost a lot of weight and is not heavyset. Also the confusion as to whether it was bank/gas station robbery. I'm sure the mods are checking IP addresses to see where this person really is. Just my :twocents:

I thought the very same thing when I read it. The posts just didn't sit well with me. Not that they have to.

LI_Mom
08-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Help find Caylee............... WHERE?
Please list the places people should search.

This "you should be searching for Caylee!" outcry makes me
more crazy than I already am!
:crazy:

Should the entire country go to Florida and start ripping up the
Everglades? Seriously. WHERE should the search begin?

Uh oh. You better hope Cindy didn't read what you said! lol

Girlrilla
08-19-2008, 03:39 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_pong think ping pong but with cups of beer and no real point but to get drunk.

Gross. What happens if the ball flies off the table (as it often does to me in Ping Pong) and onto the floor where people walk and who knows where their shoes have been? I doubt it gets washed every time.

:waitasec:

SelmaClue
I have known "seasoned" LE. I have known homicide detectives.

So have I.

miss lisa
All I know for sure is here, at WS, we have some information that's been given its own thread, entitled "Anonymous Information," none of which has been CONFIRMED by LE, but many have respectfully pondered and digested it... I also know that the Jessie G thread is now locked for review by the mods, so until I see what happens, I'm niether believing NOR discounting Renea's story...

And you are certainly entitled to do that. But I have decided to go with my instinct which tells me not to give it much weight.

Truth Seeker
08-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Hello all I have been lurking for a few weeks and finaly registered today. This Case has me all consumed.

Welcome to the circus... :)

Elley Mae
I thought the very same thing when I read it. The posts just didn't sit well with me. Not that they have to.

Which post or tread I'd like to tread thanks

LI_Mom
I know if I had kidnapped a little girl -- I would do a "drop off" in broad daylight at a gas station.

And in other news... today I saw an alien spacecraft, the loch ness monster, and dracula.

LOL!

Well with the price of gas these days... maybe Zenaida has hit upon the perfect business opportunity? lol

Free tank of gas for every child. :rolleyes:

gigi2009
No one has to search anywhere. Cindy says she knows who has Caylee and George said they are "watching" them!

AutomaticAuttie
08-19-2008, 03:41 PM
What was it Renea said that would make them believe she wasn't telling the truth?

gigi2009
08-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Gross. What happens if the ball flies off the table (as it often does to me in Ping Pong) and onto the floor where people walk and who knows where their shoes have been? I doubt it gets washed every time.

The alcohol kills the germs LOL!

Blink34
08-19-2008, 03:42 PM

LOL:argue::curtsey:

miss lisa

Jesse G the poster was Renae

DagNasty

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69211

Start with post #12

SuziQ
08-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Hello all I have been lurking for a few weeks and finaly registered today. This Case has me all consumed.

Welcome to WS! You'll fit right in with the rest of us consumed people. lol.

Chezhire
08-19-2008, 03:43 PM
And you are certainly entitled to do that. But I have decided to go with my instinct which tells me not to give it much weight.

;) I haven't said I disagree nor agree with your instinct - I posted about this initially to see what the group thinks - and I got a great hashing of it, I believe, by a good few WSers here.

RoseRed
08-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Really?
Then why is it that (in Illinois, at least) the State has just made it
okay for parents to keep their "children" on health insurance policies
up to AGE 26 ?!?!?!
:eek:

I think because as I read in the news that Illinois is the poorest state in the Midwest unemployment is the highest in the last 15 years. IL is plagued with political corruption, ranks 47th in Education which is pretty bad so even if they are still in school it is not a very good school. Chicago had 68 murders just over the 4th of July weekend and murder is up a lot forgot the percentage but is in the middle of some kind of gang war.

So the new insurance may be to make IL look a little bit better to other States. JMO

ketel0ne
"She's going to have to trust somebody or she's going to be sitting in jail for a long time, said Padilla."

http://www.wftv.com/news/17224628/detail.html

If casey didn't do anything and is protecting Caylee why would Leonard say this?

summermood32
I know if I had kidnapped a little girl -- I would do a "drop off" in broad daylight at a gas station.

And in other news... today I saw an alien spacecraft, the loch ness monster, and dracula.

That was july 24th!!!!!!

MIMOMMY
08-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Renae messaged me last night after the thread was locked questioning the HCO on a shirt ---- My understanding is HCO is a "side" design for Hollister Co.

Girlrilla
08-19-2008, 03:45 PM
My Gosh! HOW MANY hand offs at gas stations WERE there then?!?! That is bordering on the incredible now.

Local6.com in Orlando reports, “The news tips in the search for Caylee Anthony are focusing around Cornelia, Ga., Local 6 has learned. A woman claims she spotted a girl who looks like Caylee being handed off to someone at a gas station in the city.”

http://www.thenortheastgeorgian.com/articles/2008/07/24/news/breaking_news/03breakingnews.txt.txt

Next time I meet up with my mom so she can watch my son I'm gonna be thinking, "I wonder if this looks like a hand off?" :crazy: We meet up all the time at different places cause she lives so far away but works near my house.

Beagle1
08-19-2008, 03:46 PM
I just walked by the TV and Shep had just ended a segment with Greta. She apparently just told him why Casey might not be out on bail today. I didn't see the segment. Did anyone else see it? Thanks

GA2FL_Girl

Thank you trying to keep up :waitasec:

jbennett

When I played beer pong in college we would keep a cup of just water on the table to wash the balls off that fell on the floor.

one_hooah_wife
08-19-2008, 03:47 PM
What kills me here is the sense of entitlement that some posters seem to have ... expecting LE to reveal every detail of the case to us ... News Flash ... they ain't gonna! They are not obligated to "give us" anything ... and furthermore, they will allow us to know things only if it is beneficial to the investigation and they will withhold information in order to protect the integrity of their case! That said, it is near impossible for us to debate this case based on the facts alone ... To facilitate any kind of discussion we must fill in the blanks, read between the lines and tempered with whatever legal/criminal law acumen that we each possess, use our gut to form an opinion.

Lanie
Oh wow. Well, if you read it on the internet, it is gospel!
But seriously, why should anyone care if he's had IRS troubles?
If he paid his debt, it's over.

How much scrutiny could WE pass?
If just 20 random Websleuth members were lined up with total
disclosure of things from their past .....
Who wants to "go there"!?!?

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

NOT ME!
Lanie

miss lisa

Blink, I have a question that I feel like you may know the answer (I asked earlier but you went offline). This "private" hold.... What are some possible private holds? Could it possibly be waiting for the DNA to return? Would it strickly be pysch? I don't know thats why I'm asking.

RoseRed
Yes, I know but my point is how many of her FRIENDS also were home all day sitting on their lazy butts?

Who do you call when all your friends are grownups & doing grownup stuff? lol

Unfortunately a lot of that age group and even older do just that. She is by far not the only one doing this.

LaLaw2000
08-19-2008, 03:48 PM
I just find it hard to believe that LE would let a convicted FELON bail Casey out of jail. I am speaking of Leonard Padilla. I would like to see it explained to me.

As for the sighting in Georgia by Renea - I am sure she thought she saw little Caylee being handed off. I do not think the little girl was Caylee. This is the Anthony family playing games, IMO, with a person who really believes she saw Caylee. IMO, the entire Anthony family knows little Caylee is no longer with us. This sighting is being spinned by them to create doubt about a kidnapping. I just do not believe that Jesse had anything to do with this. If Lee scared Renea concerning Jesse, then he had a motive for it. I have had no respect for the Anthony family for a long time because of their lies. These are not mistruths or half thruths - they are lies.

This is a circus that needs to stop now. I must admit that it HAS been nice not having to see and listen to Cindy and George Anthony on TV for the last few days. Also - I very much resented seeing Lee laugh on camera when he was speaking with Padilla on camera at the vigil Sunday night. I see nothing to laugh at here.

Good luck Casey and the entire Anthony family because you are sure going to need it later on!!!!!

Whew! I feel better now!

Tracy1
What kills me here is the sense of entitlement that some posters seem to have ... expecting LE to reveal every detail of the case to us ... News Flash ... they ain't gonna! They are not obligated to "give us" anything ... and furthermore, they will allow us to know things only if it is beneficial to the investigation and they will withhold information in order to protect the integrity of their case! That said, it is near impossible for us to debate this case based on the facts alone ... To facilitate any kind of discussion we must fill in the blanks, read between the lines and tempered with whatever legal/criminal law acumen that we each possess, use our gut to form an opinion.

:clap::clap::clap:

Couldn't have said it better One!

karenmamo
Help me with this

has there been ANY speculation as to why Casey would have contacted Jesse via phone?
If she knew Caylee was dead, wouldn't he be the LAST person she would call?

tx_Dot
08-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Thank you very much. I, too, have a hard time comprehending how 6 phone calls over an hour or so consists of a 'flurry'. Between texts and calls, our wireless bill was so huge it was sent in a box every month. Cingular finally quit sending it, and I had to sign up online, even though they claim you can 'choose' that option. :rolleyes:
Lanie

LOL...I am always suspicious of things I DON'T hear.....I think *sources* are leaking only what they want to, first it was only the 16th & 18th (I was already hollering where's the 17th).......then another *source* leaks one ping from the 17th.....

& you know LE has phone records for @ least two months (June/July) for all we know LE might be chasing many calls to/from pre-paid phones...

Phone records/computer histories ( of ALL the players) will go a long way in solving this case........maybe more so than what little evidence, that has been RELEASED.

LaLaw2000
I listened to more than 2 phone calls and not a single time did she ask about Caylee. I heard plenty about how Casey was feeling about CASEY.

And as far your quote "Seasoned" law enforcement officers are often jaded and bored and happy to close a case and go on to the next. "

That just goes BEYOND the pale.
I have known "seasoned" LE. I have known homicide detectives. They often put their cases ahead of their own families to get it solved. They work countless hours often for pay that is nowhere near enough. They see things and have to deal with things that we couldn't imagine in our worst nightmares. You bet they're happy to close a case. But they want the right person to be convicted. They will work for YEARS to get a case closed. These cases especially children haunt them.

Tracy1
Help me with this

has there been ANY speculation as to why Casey would have contacted Jesse via phone?

Nobody knows why she called him cuz she aint talking and neither is he!

robotdog
Blink, I have a question that I feel like you may know the answer (I asked earlier but you went offline). This "private" hold.... What are some possible private holds? Could it possibly be waiting for the DNA to return? Would it strickly be pysch? I don't know thats why I'm asking.

i want to know also

Chezhire

that's why I've been saying that LE hadn't addressed the tip, though I do assume they've checked it out or are checking it out, thus I will continue to ponder and wonder about it, to the degree that it merits my attention, along with everything else that's swirling in this case...

bluedevil21
08-19-2008, 03:50 PM
"Casey Anthony was supposed to be released from jail on Tuesday but recent announcements have stated that she will still be in prison as the prosecutors couldn’t collect enough information about Caylee’s disappearance. The little girl has been missing for at least 3 months and she is only 3 years old."

http://www.enews20.com/news_Casey_Anthony_Mother_of_Missing_Toddler_Will_ Remain_Behind_Bars_10670.html

i flipped through the previous pages, i dont know if you guys saw this, im sorry if its already been posted...

Evan's Mom
08-19-2008, 03:50 PM
I constantly waffle on the scenario of what went down and I'm just throwing this out there, but what if she meant that she wasn't scared that the person who has Caylee would hurt her, but someone else.
Maybe Casey got mixed up in some really bad stuff and felt she needed to send Caylee into hiding with someone.

This whole story from "Renae" does not make any sense - Casey would not talk because she feared that the people that had Caylee would harm her and Renae said the woman was very loving. Also, Casey sold Caylee? This same girl who stole money from her friend and parents? How much do you think a kid would go for? ALOT! Police would EASILY find the money trail if this were the case. I also want to post that I think it is extremely curious why "Renae" is only posting this information now. It's smoke and mirrors fellow WS - I hope you can see that!

Tracy1
08-19-2008, 03:51 PM
i want to know also

A doctor said last night that a private hold very well may be an extensive current psych evalutation because of the fact that
1. they don't want her to kill herself
2. they think shes a murderer and want to make sure she won't harm anyone else.

This could take a bit of time.

JMO

karenmamo
Nobody knows why she called him cuz she aint talking and neither is he!

I know she is not talking, but would someone jump in and speculate a little on this?

SeriouslySearching
So have I.So do I. And this makes any difference in this case how?

miss lisa
I just find it hard to believe that LE would let a convicted FELON bail Casey out of jail. I am speaking of Leonard Padilla. I would like to see it explained to me.

As for the sighting in Georgia by Renea - I am sure she thought she saw little Caylee being handed off. I do not think the little girl was Caylee. This is the Anthony family playing games, IMO, with a person who really believes she saw Caylee. IMO, the entire Anthony family knows little Caylee is no longer with us. This sighting is being spinned by them to create doubt about a kidnapping. I just do not believe that Jesse had anything to do with this. If Lee scared Renea concerning Jesse, then he had a motive for it. I have had no respect for the Anthony family for a long time because of their lies. These are not mistruths or half thruths - they are lies.

This is a circus that needs to stop now. I must admit that it HAS been nice not having to see and listen to Cindy and George Anthony on TV for the last few days. Also - I very much resented seeing Lee laugh on camera when he was speaking with Padilla on camera at the vigil Sunday night. I see nothing to laugh at here.

Good luck Casey and the entire Anthony family because you are sure going to need it later on!!!!!
Whew! I feel better now!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

GA2FL_Girl

I agree .... they are the LE and THEY are doing the official investigation about where this sweet girl is ...... where ever that is.

GizzySmith
08-19-2008, 03:52 PM
sure - and as of yet, it hasn't been removed...so apparently it's still being looked at...

I have my doubts as well. It seems to me that Renea was simply looking at photos of the Grunds that were in Casey's webshots accouny, and describing them as the people he/she saw. Renea was describing Deb Grund to a "T", except saying she was heavy set. Someone noted in that thread that Deb has lost a lot of weight and is not heavyset. Also the confusion as to whether it was bank/gas station robbery. I'm sure the mods are checking IP addresses to see where this person really is. Just my :twocents:

Being new here the Rules are still fresh in my mind and I found this one particularly interesting.
Not TOS, just good practice.

Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information

Law Enforcement:

Members of Law Enforcement regularly read at WS. Generally they contact WS Admins when they register, but there is no requirement that they do so. Unless they ask us to, we do not publicly identify them, but all posters should be aware that public comments about illegal activity could bring them attention they may not want. WS receives subpoenas on a regular basis from various agencies. WS will comply with all valid subpoenas received.

karenmamo
She knew Jesse adored Caylee...if dead, why would she call him?

Truth Seeker

Ya just gotta find a laugh in this mess somewhere. :woohoo:

Stoelly
08-19-2008, 03:53 PM
"Casey Anthony was supposed to be released from jail on Tuesday but recent announcements have stated that she will still be in prison as the prosecutors couldn’t collect enough information about Caylee’s disappearance. The little girl has been missing for at least 3 months and she is only 3 years old."

http://www.enews20.com/news_Casey_Anthony_Mother_of_Missing_Toddler_Will_ Remain_Behind_Bars_10670.html

i flipped through the previous pages, i dont know if you guys saw this, im sorry if its already been posted...

So what does this mean? That LE can deny her bond because they don't have enough information? I thought only a judge in court could overturn her bond?

ketel0ne
08-19-2008, 03:54 PM

That isn't really a news site, its like a open format blog site, anyone with an account can write "news". <<<<<not correct.

Wrong info sorry, they just have bad writers.

miss lisa
08-19-2008, 03:55 PM
A doctor said last night that a private hold very well may be an extensive current psych evalutation because of the fact that
1. they don't want her to kill herself
2. they think shes a murderer and want to make sure she won't harm anyone else.

This could take a bit of time.

JMO

BUT could it be something other than psych?

Stoelly
I know she is not talking, but would someone jump in and speculate a little on this?

Well, Jesse is the source as to why Casey called him - to hang out together. He could've lied about why she really called. (Maybe the call went more like "jesse, Caylees hurt, I need your help!)

little_miss_smart
Agreed - that 's why I was interested in seeing/hearing from someone who had any info. on the stats when you've got 2 dogs alerting...I'm imagining it's a higher success rate, but how much higher...CUPPY? Sorry Im a little slow:)lol It would make it closer to 100% tile. Its also better for LE cases if two dogs hit On the same area:)[/QUOTE]

In the Madeleine McCann case they had 3 dogs and it showed that they were INCORRECT 78%, 71%, and 62% of the time.[/QUOTE]

Hi

New here.I've been reading this story with fascination. I think you are all doing an excellent job.

I just had to come in here and ask this. Do you have a link with that information about the dogs please? Because it's the first time I've heard there were 3 dogs and that they were incorrect. I've been following the case intensely for the past 15 months and know for a fact that only 2 dogs were used Eddie the cadaver dog and Keela the blood dog. In 200 cases those dogs have NEVER had a false positive. Sorry if this is taking the subject off topic but if your claim is true then I would love to see something to back it up. Thank you.

Blink34
It could be a myriad of things, laundry list if you will, but if your asking me to guess, it is either alert to an additional investigative body (FBI) or from the psych evaluation that has HIPA oversight.. Example might be any medical issues, meds, etc.

Keep in mind no-one has showed up yet to place this bond which necessitates review of the hold issues, etc..

sleuthmommy
08-19-2008, 03:56 PM
So what does this mean? That LE can deny her bond because they don't have enough information? I thought only a judge in court could overturn her bond?

I think that quote was a bad bad bad run on sentence. It basically was saying she wasn't getting out today. Then said that she was in jail for not providing LE enough info.

one_hooah_wife
08-19-2008, 03:56 PM
I've noticed a trend ... the people that believe Casey's story or at least line up on that side ... often make comments that could lead one to believe that they also have a lack of trust in LE.

Don't shoot!
Just an observation.

Lovejac
08-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Renae messaged me last night after the thread was locked questioning the HCO on a shirt ---- My understanding is HCO is a "side" design for Hollister Co.

Did you say Renae messaged you? what about HCO?

Lanie
08-19-2008, 03:58 PM

(Not directed at you, bluedevil21) WTH? If bail has been set, and someone is willing to pay it, how can they deny her release? This can't be accurate.
Lanie
Edited to add: Ok, just read more about this not being accurate. Whew!

TraceyLeigh
Any news on a specific time that the hussy will get out of the pokey?

Careful Racegirl ... I got 'spanked' for calling that person a heiffer yesterday. Just FYI.

Blink34

Wow, BD, good post, that article is wrought with misinfo.. They need a fact checker..

MD MOMMY
Okay I was a bit sassed on another post on the last discussion thread LOL. I haven't read anywhere that she is DEFINITELY on a pysch hold..can someone help a sister out with a link if it's a fact..thanks!

miss lisa
08-19-2008, 03:59 PM
It could be a myriad of things, laundry list if you will, but if your asking me to guess, it is either alert to an additional investigative body (FBI) or from the psych evaluation that has HIPA oversight.. Example might be any medical issues, meds, etc.

Keep in mind no-one has showed up yet to place this bond which necessitates review of the hold issues, etc..

Yes I have beat that horse all day! :other_beatingA_Dead

Thank you for your response!

AutomaticAuttie
Sorry Im a little slow:)lol It would make it closer to 100% tile. Its also better for LE cases if two dogs hit On the same area:)

In the Madeleine McCann case they had 3 dogs and it showed that they were INCORRECT 78%, 71%, and 62% of the time.[/QUOTE]

Hi

New here.I've been reading this story with fascination. I think you are all doing an excellent job.

I just had to come in here and ask this. Do you have a link with that information about the dogs please? Because it's the first time I've heard there were 3 dogs and that they were incorrect. I've been following the case intensely for the past 15 months and know for a fact that only 2 dogs were used Eddie the cadaver dog and Keela the blood dog. In 200 cases those dogs have NEVER had a false positive. Sorry if this is taking the subject off topic but if your claim is true then I would love to see something to back it up. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Here's one of many links

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2469329.ece

Also, I found out an alert from a cadaver dog is ONLY REASONABLE SUSPICION. The dog alert MUST be corroborated by other evidence.

bluedevil21
That isn't really a news site, its like a open format blog site, anyone with an account can write "news".

this isn't a news site either, but i think you all provide pretty amazing information most of the time. i was just looking for the most recent updates on casey anthony. i found it interesting that LE, if nothing else, is stalling; they are clearly trying to thwart her release in any way that they can. and i am glad they are doing so.

karenmamo
Well, Jesse is the source as to why Casey called him - to hang out together. He could've lied about why she really called. (Maybe the call went more like "jesse, Caylees hurt, I need your help!)
Somehow that is very hard to believe...to hang out....she has a new boyfriend that is taking all her time.....yet, she calls Jesse on THAT day??!!

ketel0ne
Okay I was a bit sassed on another post on the last discussion thread LOL. I haven't read anywhere that she is DEFINITELY on a pysch hold..can someone help a sister out with a link if it's a fact..thanks!

Leonard Padilla referred to it on NG last night.

Stoelly
08-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Did you say Renae messaged you? what about HCO?

Yes HCO stands for Hollister - it is a store frequented by mostly middle schoolers - college age kids. (Want-a-be 20 something adults like my s-i-l also shop there ;)

drip~drop
Maybe she can get another "tat" to commemorate her jail experience!

A tiny orange jumpsuit and widdle pink handcuffs.
awww.

Blink34
I've noticed a trend ... the people that believe Casey's story or at least line up on that side ... often make comments that could lead one to believe that they also have a lack of trust in LE.

Don't shoot!
Just an observation.

Ya think???
I am a hooah grandaughter, WWII Guadala Canal.. Semper FI

LI_Mom
Help me with this

Why not call Jesse or any other person?

It's not as if she was calling anyone to tell them something happened to Caylee & she needed help.

On the other hand, IF she actually thought Jesse could possibly be Caylee's father (or acted like a father)... just hearing HIS voice could have been some kind of emotional closure to her.... Caylee's gone & she wants to be able to have an emotional bonding with him. Casey can pretend to herself that they both supported each other during this sad time.

SelmaClue
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_pong think ping pong but with cups of beer and no real point but to get drunk.

Alrighty then!
If this case even HAS a (happy, I hope) conclusion,
or even one at ALL ...
I will happily host the beer pong party at my house.
Airfare not included.
Void where prohibited by ............... law.

:drink:

bluedevil21
(Not directed at you, bluedevil21) WTH? If bail has been set, and someone is willing to pay it, how can they deny her release? This can't be accurate.
Lanie

they can, though, through a myriad of red tape. i have a client sitting in jail right now, who paid his bail three weeks ago, and is waiting for his cell door to be opened...

Blink34
08-19-2008, 04:01 PM
this isn't a news site either, but i think you all provide pretty amazing information most of the time. i was just looking for the most recent updates on casey anthony. i found it interesting that LE, if nothing else, is stalling; they are clearly trying to thwart her release in any way that they can. and i am glad they are doing so.

Bumping: GRAND JURY.....

Stoelly
08-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Somehow that is very hard to believe...to hang out....she has a new boyfriend that is taking all her time.....yet, she calls Jesse on THAT day??!!

Yes, I'll have to find out where that source is at - she told Jesse she was free the coming weekend and wanted to know if he wanted to get together. Also, during this time, was Ton-E away? (That little two timing . . . :) Just thought of this, but this is the call where Jesse first reported he heard Caylee in the background.

MysteryAddict
08-19-2008, 04:02 PM

Will a person knowledgeable of the law kindly explain this to me?

If Casey was given a bond of $500,000 and a BH is willing to post it, then how can the
prosecutors interfere?

Please explain what is happening.

MD MOMMY
08-19-2008, 04:02 PM

Nevermind:-)

ketel0ne
08-19-2008, 04:03 PM

Don't shoot!
Just an observation.

You would have to have a bit of mistrust, to understand not involving LE until forced to after 31 days. You would have to have mistrust if you can rationalize sitting in jail silent when your 3 year old is alone kidnapped/sold given away in the world.

Lanie
A tiny orange jumpsuit and widdle pink handcuffs.
awww.
LOL!
Lanie

MD MOMMY

Still not taking that as a fact LOL half the stuff on that show has been wrong here lately. Thanks though.

AutomaticAuttie
08-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Yes, I'll have to find out where that source is at - she told Jesse she was free the coming weekend and wanted to know if he wanted to get together. Also, during this time, was Ton-E away? (That little two timing . . . :)

Maybe Jesse was babysitting Caylee, not ZG?

SeriouslySearching
08-19-2008, 04:04 PM
I think it is so interesting that people are lining up to support Casey's "non-story" to support that Caylee is still alive, but none of her friends are! As near as I can tell...her little pal that went to visit her in jail that she didn't seem to know, Patrick B., is the only one who has come out in support of her.

It is still odd to me that the Anthony family seems to only consist of their immediate crew. No uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. are stepping forward to speak out for Casey. Even if they were clear across the country, I would have expected to hear someone come to their defense...but nothing. Are they estranged from both sides of their families?

little_miss_smart
08-19-2008, 04:05 PM
In the Madeleine McCann case they had 3 dogs and it showed that they were INCORRECT 78%, 71%, and 62% of the timeHi

Here's one of many links

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2469329.ece

Also, I found out an alert from a cadaver dog is ONLY REASONABLE SUSPICION. The dog alert MUST be corroborated by other evidence.

Thank you.
But those are different dogs! Eddie and Keela were not involved in those cases refered to in that article.Those were 3 dogs involved in another case. Eddie and Keela have never in 200 cases shown a false positive.

Blink34

If Casey was given a bond of $500,000 and a BH is willing to post it, then how can the
prosecutors interfere?

Technically speaking they have not whatsoever. The "holds" are assigned by the judge, in this case Hon. Strickland from the bond hearing. They have been in place since the Bond hearing and Baez is fully aware of them, for anyone to say that the prosecution is thwarting her release is disingenuous.
That being said, If they are ready to upgrade her charges they will do so prior to her release. Keep in mind, this Padilla has been in two full days and has yet to actually post the bond, fyi..

Lovejac
Yes HCO stands for Hollister - it is a store frequented by mostly middle schoolers - college age kids. (Want-a-be 20 something adults like my s-i-l also shop there ;)

thanks for the info Stoelly, I'm also wondering why Renae messaged Mimommy about this.

ketel0ne
Still not taking that as a fact LOL half the stuff on that show has been wrong here lately. Thanks though.

I don't automatically believe it either, but LP did say it live several times.

tx_Dot
08-19-2008, 04:06 PM

Well said........*if* LE had released enough facts for any of us to *solve* this case.........this forum would of ended at least 100 pages ago....;)

karenmamo
Why not call Jesse or any other person?

It's not as if she was calling anyone to tell them something happened to Caylee & she needed help.

On the other hand, IF she actually thought Jesse could possibly be Caylee's father (or acted like a father)... just hearing HIS voice could have been some kind of emotional closure to her.... Caylee's gone & she wants to be able to have an emotional bonding with him. Casey can pretend to herself that they both supported each other during this sad time.
Thanks for that response...but...
He proved by dna he was NOT the father....yet he loved little Caylee.
They were not hanging together as she was all bound up in her new love affair.
Yet she places a call to him on that day!!!
JMO

Lanie
they can, though, through a myriad of red tape. i have a client sitting in jail right now, who paid his bail three weeks ago, and is waiting for his cell door to be opened...

That seems to defeat the whole purpose of setting bail. When you say 'client', are you his attorney? If it were me still sitting in jail, I would be raising all kinds of he77!
Lanie

AutomaticAuttie
I think it is so interesting that people are lining up to support Casey's "non-story" to support that Caylee is still alive, but none of her friends are! As near as I can tell...her little pal that went to visit her in jail that she didn't seem to know, Patrick B., is the only one who has come out in support of her.

It is still odd to me that the Anthony family seems to only consist of their immediate crew. No uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. are stepping forward to speak out for Casey. Even if they were clear across the country, I would have expected to hear someone come to their defense...but nothing. Are they estranged from both sides of their families?

Why, so they could be picked a part like everyone else?

MD MOMMY
I don't automatically believe it either, but LP did say it live several times.

WOW that shocks me since nobody else is reporting that..WAIT they may be good for something..PRIVATE information YAY..lol

Blink34
08-19-2008, 04:07 PM

True dat- I cannot recall another single case like it... What is the deal?
For the record SS, I would at a minimum, bake you a cake with a file in it:blowkiss:

Luzer
08-19-2008, 04:08 PM

This news doesn't sound credible to me. I checked WESH, WFTV and the Orlando Sentinel and none of them report the prosecutors couldn't collect enough information about Caylee's disappearance so Casey could not be released. Also, the article states Casey won't be released from prison, but she is in jail, not prison. The article also states Caylee has been missing at least 3 months, but they have pictures of Caylee from June 15, which is 2 months and 4 days.

Please don't take my opinions of this news release as a slam against anyone. I would just like to state my opinion that this might not be completely true information.

Tracy1
08-19-2008, 04:08 PM

You know Karen, I haven't thought about it much. What do you think? I seriously want to know. The only think I thought was that maybe because they had been engaged, he was one person she was close to.

But I am not so sure that the calls concern something happening to Caylee. So I am way off the map on this one.

I sometimes think that Caylee and Casey left when George saw them. And maybe she circled around and came back....to hang, eat, steal money or gas, and the doors were locked or a key not where it should be because of the fight they had had.

Maybe George decided that I am not giving Casey free access to our home again.

Maybe the flurry of calls were to mom and dad saying.."WTH???"

What are your thoughts?

LI_Mom
08-19-2008, 04:09 PM

Maybe Zenaida kidnapped all of Casey's friends & the Anthony family members? lol

Hey! It could happen. :rolleyes:

bluedevil21

prosecutors interfere?

prosecutors cannot interfere; they really have nothing to do with the case at this point, other than collecting evidence and filing new charges.

but law enforcement can interfere, to a certain degree. for example, they can place subsequent holds, they can appeal to the court for higher bond, etc. but at a more general level, they can simply make it procedurally difficult to get her out of jail - they can delay processing, create red tape, cancel meetings to secure her release, etc. normally, with our clients, it drives me crazy; here, i totally support it.

ketel0ne
The eNews 2.0 Team strongly approves the accuracy and equidistance of the journalistic process and therefore the news articles (http://www.enews20.com/page-about_us.html#) and commentaries presented are accompanied by careful research and collaboration (http://www.enews20.com/page-about_us.html#) with experts in each domain.

http://www.enews20.com/page-about_us.html

fixingtoburst
08-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Technically speaking they have not whatsoever. The "holds" are assigned by the judge, in this case Hon. Strickland from the bond hearing. They have been in place since the Bond hearing and Baez is fully aware of them, for anyone to say that the prosecution is thwarting her release is disingenuous.
That being said, If they are ready to upgrade her charges they will do so prior to her release. Keep in mind, this Padilla has been in two full days and has yet to actually post the bond, fyi..

Ah, thanks for that post Blink. I agree and I think there are sealed charges waiting to be dropped if she should post bond.

Tracy1
08-19-2008, 04:11 PM
This news doesn't sound credible to me. I checked WESH, WFTV and the Orlando Sentinel and none of them report the prosecutors couldn't collect enough information about Caylee's disappearance so Casey could not be released. Also, the article states Casey won't be released from prison, but she is in jail, not prison. The article also states Caylee has been missing at least 3 months, but they have pictures of Caylee from June 15, which is 2 months and 4 days.

Please don't take my opinions of this news release as a slam against anyone. I would just like to state my opinion that this might not be completely true information.

I agree Luzer. This story sounds all wrong. Is this a 'Wikipedia' type of newspaper (I know Wiki is not a newspaper but anybody can edit it) where facts are not checked?

Cuz I read that he had NOT filed the papers by the 9 pm deadline...in fact I read it from one of our great sleuthers on here....he missed the deadline.

So then I don't believe anything in the story.

SelmaClue
08-19-2008, 04:11 PM

prosecutors interfere?

I don't think anyone has to be knowledgeable of the law to answer,
because the law has already spoken that there's a bail amount set
and it only needs to be paid and 'conditions' met.

Maybe they (Judge Strickland?) can interfere by creating obstacles
that can be hurdled, which would only result in a delay of bail-out.

Maybe it's become a contest of hombre and ego.
... wouldn't be the first time.

one_hooah_wife
08-19-2008, 04:12 PM

prosecutors interfere?

The 500k bond is for one single case ... (Orange County being the agency) ... other agencies (Federal, state municipal, etc.) ... or even other entities inside OCSD may have placed "holds" on Casey. These holds take time to clear ... depending on what they involve ... bad checks, ToP or even fraud, for example, could mean that additional bond money is required to clear the hold for the particular agency. Not to mention, lots and lots of paperwork. Sometimes, if a person has a hold from an outside agency ... the jail has to keep the inmate there until a transfer can be made. A lot of times, in fact most of the time, the holds from outside agencies are not evident until the inmate is being processed for release. So, even if the BH/BM thought that he knew what her holds were ... and how long it would take to clear them ... he may not have been privy to the full picture.

This is just speculating of course that the reason for the delay is because of these holds ...

karenmamo
08-19-2008, 04:13 PM
You know Karen, I haven't thought about it much. What do you think? I seriously want to know. The only think I thought was that maybe because they had been engaged, he was one person she was close to.

But I am not so sure that the calls concern something happening to Caylee. So I am way off the map on this one.

I sometimes think that Caylee and Casey left when George saw them. And maybe she circled around and came back....to hang, eat, steal money or gas, and the doors were locked or a key not where it should be because of the fight they had had.

Maybe George decided that I am not giving Casey free access to our home again.

Maybe the flurry of calls were to mom and dad saying.."WTH???"

What are your thoughts?
Man oh man...I just do not have my head wrapped around it yet. If I remember correctly Jesse was one in the flurry of calls....isn't that correct?

fixingtoburst
08-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Maybe they don't even have the money or changed their mind on the bond and have been stringing people along for the publicity.

SeriouslySearching
08-19-2008, 04:14 PM
True dat- I cannot recall another single case like it... What is the deal?
For the record SS, I would at a minimum, bake you a cake with a file in it:blowkiss:My favorite kind of cake!!! Would you make sure that "file" was the kind which included discovery and all pertinent DNA info? LOL :blowkiss:

bluedevil21
That seems to defeat the whole purpose of setting bail. When you say 'client', are you his attorney? If it were me still sitting in jail, I would be raising all kinds of he77!
Lanie

yes, i am his attorney. and there is nothing we can do but harass the authorities to speed up the process. and in my particular situation, i am dealing mainly with human rights cases and the department of homeland security.

but take the recent case, for example, where the alleged foreign criminal was granted habeas corpus in a breakthrough verdict. his lawyer was not even allowed to tell him that he WON his case, as he sat waiting in prison, for weeks - let alone actually be released on the bail that they set.

gigi2009
Oh dear. I don't have the hang of this quote thing.

Just click "quote" tab (lower right corner) of the post you want to quote. :)

fixingtoburst
08-19-2008, 04:15 PM
I mean I think it's one thing to say I'm going to post 500k for this young lady and then meet her in person and see what a heartless creature she is. Maybe they've changed their minds. Maybe they've realized there is no humanity.

LI_Mom
08-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Why, so they could be picked a part like everyone else?

You know, the ONLY reason they're being "picked apart" is because they can't seem to offer ANY reason to believe the "kidnap" story EXCEPT that Casey (the pathological liar by all accounts) tells them it's true.

They claim it's ALL about Caylee & yet spend the majority of their time defending Casey & telling people she has good reason NOT to tell the truth.

They tell us it's way too dangerous for LE to be told how to find Caylee & then blast people for not getting off their asses to go find Caylee.

They're being picked apart because of their OWN actions/inactions.

Tracy1
08-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Man oh man...I just do not have my head wrapped around it yet. If I remember correctly Jesse was one in the flurry of calls....isn't that correct?

I definately could be wrong but I thought Jesse seemed to be a call...like several minutes...then the flurry to Geo and Cin that were only 1 minute each...which each call is registered as if they hang up, short msg, etc.

I thought it appeared that she talked to Jessee..but you know Karen, I am so filled up with minute details about this strange case that I may be wrong.

Amy fellow sleuthers remember?

ketel0ne
I mean I think it's one thing to say I'm going to post 500k for this young lady and then meet her in person and see what a heartless creature she is. Maybe they've changed their minds. Maybe they've realized there is no humanity.

They have never met her.

Blink34
yes, i am his attorney. and there is nothing we can do but harass the authorities to speed up the process. and in my particular situation, i am dealing mainly with human rights cases and the department of homeland security.

but take the recent case, for example, where the alleged foreign criminal was granted habeas corpus in a breakthrough verdict. his lawyer was not even allowed to tell him that he WON his case, as he sat waiting in prison, for weeks - let alone actually be released on the bail that they set.

DB, I did not even hear that you passed the BAR- did I miss that announcement?? My sincere congratulations, I did not realize, sorry.

SelmaClue
Yes, I'll have to find out where that source is at - she told Jesse she was free the coming weekend and wanted to know if he wanted to get together. Also, during this time, was Ton-E away? (That little two timing . . . :) Just thought of this, but this is the call where Jesse first reported he heard Caylee in the background.

If this Jesse is the father of Caylee, it's not shocking that she'd want to
get together with him. The plan could've been completely platonic.
We just don't know that "two-timing" is an accurate way to describe it.
And who cares if she was planning to "two-time" Tony?
Where has he been since Casey's arrest?
He's clearly not committed to her.
It cuts both ways.

More pertinent, her plans with Jesse for that weekend don't reveal
what happened to Caylee.

fixingtoburst
They have never met her.

Well they may soon be singing a different tune when they meet the mother of the year. LOL

little_miss_smart
08-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Just click "quote" tab (lower right corner) of the post you want to quote. :)

Thank you.

jep0216
Just got home from work. Is she out????

Blondieskatz
No one has to search anywhere. Cindy says she knows who has Caylee and George said they are "watching" them!

Yep, they said that! So why do they need a tip line? Why not tell the FBI and have them go in and get Caylee?

Tracy1

This would be one of the best developments in this case if this came to pass.
IMO

Casey would have to face the music that NOBODY buys her lies.

cjcord
what happened to Caylee.

How do we know? Maybe they do. Only Casey knows for sure.

bluedevil21
08-19-2008, 04:18 PM
and just to let you guys know, i am not supporting this particular website or anything. i am a firm believer in only credible and reputable sources for information.

i just looked for the most up-to-date data available. we normally work with whatever is out there and i thought i would mention here.

fixingtoburst
Yep, they said that! So why do they need a tip line? Why not tell the FBI and have them go in and get Caylee?

How long are they gonna watch??

karenmamo
Maybe they don't even have the money or changed their mind on the bond and have been stringing people along for the publicity.
There have now been two psych evaluations, right. Is it possible the last one raised a flag or something?
Thinking LE might just take anything to complicate the release. But I don't know.
If there is a 'lie check' in that test, it would be interesting.

ketel0ne

Apparently Cindy and George forgot to tell Leonard Padilla that they know who and they are watching. He says he needs Casey to tell him.

SeriouslySearching
I am thinking that Casey is at her cell door with her arms and legs spread out holding herself in and screaming, "But you said TonE was bailing me out...not TONY!!! I only agreed to go home, hang out, and talk to TonE!!!" hehehe

Stoelly
08-19-2008, 04:19 PM
You know, I think the Anthony's don't want an outsider in there house that could overhear their plans to lie and decieve LE about the whereabouts of Caylee. JMHO

RoseRed

Then they, LE, are trying to deny her constitutional rights. I Could never be glad when anyone in the public is denied their constitutional rights. :( :( :(

Blink34
How do we know? Maybe they do. Only Casey knows for sure.

According to the owner of FUSION, as reported by Fox, Casey and Tony were at Fusion the evening of 6/27, the infamous smellmobile dump, so in a way we do.. Her plans with Jesse apparently were earlier in the week, hint hint

Tracy1
It cuts both ways.

what happened to Caylee.

I think Tony is glad to be rid of her and regrets the day he met her. Man, can you imagine the private discussions within that group??

Why did you bring her over here?
Why did you sleep with her?
She is psycho!
And takes too many Xanax!
Good riddence and lets move out of state!!

Blondieskatz
08-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Next time I meet up with my mom so she can watch my son I'm gonna be thinking, "I wonder if this looks like a hand off?" :crazy: We meet up all the time at different places cause she lives so far away but works near my house.

A lot of divorced parents meet at neutral places to pick up or drop off the child.

MD MOMMY
It cuts both ways.

what happened to Caylee.

See just in a post the other day you were asking why anyone cared if JG was the biological father to Caylee..it does matter..right?

Blink34
Then they, LE, are trying to deny her constitutional rights. I Could never be glad when anyone in the public is denied their constitutional rights. :( :( :(

How is that Rose Red?

christine2448
Continue here please. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2522485#post2522485)