PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think Casey Will be Bonded Out August 20th?

fixingtoburst
08-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Do you think Casey will finally be bonded out August 20th? Why or why not?

fixingtoburst
08-19-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm saying no, because I think the whole thing is a farce on the BH's part and I think LE is willing to drop more charges if they think it's going to happen.

curiositycat
08-19-2008, 11:41 PM
I am hoping that she won't be. I voted no. Hope it's not just wishful thinking.

lexiesmom
08-19-2008, 11:44 PM
I say no because something keeps coming up to prevent it.

EastSideOfSaddness
08-19-2008, 11:47 PM
I say no. I believe that it was a plan to force LE to produce "something" faster than they normally would so there'd be a higher possibility of loopholes/mistakes. I do not believe that there were real plans for her to be released at all. It's a strategy for the defense. That is all!~ Of course I could be dead wrong.

zadari
08-19-2008, 11:48 PM
i think mabey she will because her sitting in jail isnt making her crack . so mabey being in the home she shared with her daughter eventually will .. im probably wrong but its wishful thinking on my part

NighTillDawn
08-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Nope, don't think so. They will find another excuse to keep her in. But then again, if she does get out she will have a great day didn't ya hear? She will go home and take a nice hot shower ( wonder if Padilla will be in there with her ), and then he will feed her a nice juicy burger, while he gives her a manicure and paints her nails and toenails. Afterward when Casey is nice and relaxed, he can get the ' truth ' as to what happened to Caylee.

Tom'sGirl
08-19-2008, 11:53 PM
There wasn't a "dunno" on the list, but that's my vote! :whistle:

JBean
08-19-2008, 11:54 PM
There wasn't a "dunno" on the list, but that's my vote! :whistle:
:blowkiss:

JimNJPA
08-20-2008, 12:05 AM
No, because there will be some glitch that prevents the gallon hat goon from california in securing her release. whether it's more charges filed against Casey or issues with a non-florida bondsman i dunno.

Leila
08-20-2008, 12:18 AM
I voted "no" because after all the bluster and blunder since it was announced that LP was going to post her bond, one thing or another has come up to prevent it. LP got more than his 15 minutes of fame out of this, and he's no further than he was when he was sitting in California pondering this case like everyone else. He seized a golden opportunity for some publicity, and that's all it was.

Casey has a court date on Thursday to be arraigned on the child endangerment and obstruction of justice charges, and I think if she's not bonded out tomorrow, she won't be bonded out.

Logger
08-20-2008, 12:32 AM
I voted "no". I must say I would like to be a fly on the wall if she does get out and the Bounty Hunter moves in with her and the grandparents. All really crazy people out for their own interest. Caylee will not be their main focus.
Cindy will have a power stuggle with the Bounty Hunter. Casey hates her family and won't speak with anyone.

MvD
08-20-2008, 12:32 AM
I voted no also.. (and hope Im right). But I kinda think IF it were going to happen, it would have happened today. I agree with you Fixingtoburst... I think its a farce to begin with.. and I also think LE will toss in another charge if need be to keep her in.

texasgirl
08-20-2008, 12:43 AM
I wanted to vote "yes" just to throw a monkey wrench in the poll but I voted "no" anyway! :) There wasn't an option for "not sure" and I really am not sure anymore when it comes to this case! It seems that something keeps happening to prevent her from being bonded out so I guess I'm hoping that she doesn't get out!

melissa81
08-20-2008, 12:52 AM
http://wantedfugitives.com

don't know if this has been posted or not but i came across this thought it was quite entertaining to say the least. its LP's website, some clips of the show. other info too

Muzikman
08-20-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm guessing that LE pulled in a favor from the Miami bondsman and had him throw the latest wrench in the works. :)

And they'll find another wrench tomorrow.... and then her hearing is Thursday.

I actually think that if they let her out for a day or so, then re-arrested her on other charges, might make her crack. They'd have to drag her kicking and screaming back to jail, and she might finally start to realize that she's really screwed.

Although she might actually welcome going back to jail, because if she gets out and stays at her parents home she's going to get the THIRD DEGREE from her family. :) LOVE to be a fly on the wall for those conversations!

I hope that they make sure there are no guns or knives in the house if she does get out, cause there might be a HUGE family row and there's no telling what might happen.

Ca-Sun
08-20-2008, 02:18 AM
I voted "no" partly because of this, posted on the Orange County Clerk's details for Casey:

Event Date 8/21/2008
Time 0845
Description WRITTEN PLEA NOT GUILTY
Location ROOM 6-D ON THE SIXTH FLOOR

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk/CriminalSelect.aspx?SessionID=14db7e0b-db78-47a2-8166-405108168038

JBean
08-20-2008, 02:29 AM
I voted "no" partly because of this, posted on the Orange County Clerk's details for Casey:

Event Date 8/21/2008
Time 0845

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk/CriminalSelect.aspx?SessionID=14db7e0b-db78-47a2-8166-405108168038
Hi Ca-Sun. I think that has been on calendar since her last court appearance. Not sure if being on calendar prior means anything or not though.

txsvicki
08-20-2008, 02:34 AM
I have no idea, but figure she will get out if they get all the red tape figured out. At least until, or if, other charges happen to be filed.

porkchop
08-20-2008, 02:37 AM
I sure hope not. I think the safest place for her is in prison. I think if she gets out she will probably kill herself or somebody that may be involved will try to harm her. I dont think the courts or LE want another Melinda Duckett situation on their hands.

Ca-Sun
08-20-2008, 02:49 AM
Hi Ca-Sun. I think that has been on calendar since her last court appearance. Not sure if being on calendar prior means anything or not though.Hi JBean! Thanks - I just happened to see it earlier today and I'm not even sure if it means anything. But, I still say "no" because I hope she never gets out.

It's good to see you posting again!

JBean
08-20-2008, 03:08 AM
Hi JBean! Thanks - I just happened to see it earlier today and I'm not even sure if it means anything. But, I still say "no" because I hope she never gets out.

It's good to see you posting again!Always good to see you CaSun. I think you are in the majority either which way!

santos1014
08-20-2008, 03:11 AM
I sure hope not. I think the safest place for her is in prison. I think if she gets out she will probably kill herself or somebody that may be involved will try to harm her. I dont think the courts or LE want another Melinda Duckett situation on their hands.

Casey won't harm herself..she is too important to...her.

RoseRed
08-20-2008, 03:33 AM
I voted yes just because I could.

EastSideOfSaddness
08-20-2008, 04:40 AM

Event Date 8/21/2008
Time 0845

I have a dumb question. Can anyone attend this?? I mean could I go or is public a no no? Thought I'd ask.

Carley44
08-20-2008, 05:21 AM
I say no. I believe that it was a plan to force LE to produce "something" faster than they normally would so there'd be a higher possibility of loopholes/mistakes. I do not believe that there were real plans for her to be released at all. It's a strategy for the defense. That is all!~ Of course I could be dead wrong.

I agree whole heartedly. I think the original plan was twofold. To get publicity for the BH and to try and force the hand of the LE to produce charges before they were completely ready. The LE didn't fall for it and so now they are waffling. If they end up having to go through with it, Baez will instruct Casey to not open her mouth at all while out. It's his job not to let her incriminate herself. It's just sad that they are using Caylee for their own purposes in my mind.

Leila
08-20-2008, 05:53 AM
I have a dumb question. Can anyone attend this?? I mean could I go or is public a no no? Thought I'd ask.

Yes, courts are open to the public, so you could attend. But, if you do, go early. Each of the media outlets will have a reporter in the courtroom and it might be difficult getting a seat.

LaLaw2000
08-20-2008, 06:11 AM
I voted no. I just cannot see her getting out of jail. I think the big hammer is getting ready to drop.
I most especially do not want Casey to be able to compare notes with Grandma, Grandps, and Lee. If Casey gets out, you can bet the story will get even more convoluted and more into the Twilight Zone.
I am counting on more red tape to wade through!!!

sunny
08-20-2008, 06:37 AM
I vote No and I hope they keep her in a long time!

Feistyoldbroad
08-20-2008, 06:42 AM
I voted yes because as much as I want her to remain incarcerated, I know she will most likely get bonded out.
I would just love to see or hear what the first thing she does is.
Oh to be a fly on the wall of the Anthony household.

Kat1124
08-20-2008, 06:44 AM
I voted yes, although I wish not because I think Casey will see this as a victory.I don't see her talking either, but again I hope I'm wrong!

ShouldBWorking
08-20-2008, 08:02 AM
I hate it but I think today is the day

icherish
08-20-2008, 08:12 AM
I say no. I may be wrong, but I would just hate to see her out. At the jail, she's been in confinement for a reason. She holds the answers to all this; let her sit there and keep her safe. On the outside she is more of a suicide risk (I wouldn't put anything past her), and there have been threats. Anything happens to her (Melinda Duckett, anyone?), we can surely write off ever finding Caylee.

I have to add I feel sad to see this playing out like a farce. Hamburgers, hot baths and toe nails? Poor little Caylee is getting lost in the circus...

amethyst221
08-20-2008, 08:48 AM
I think she's going to get out today or soon. The thing that might stop it from happening is this "glitch" that LP says has come up. It's hard to tell how serious it is, since he said it was a matter of jealousy, but also that it was a provision of Florida law, just not always enforced. I don't know if the Padilla crew would walk away if it is going to cost $50,000 more than expected, which seemed to be a concern.

MD MOMMY
08-20-2008, 08:49 AM
I voted yes only b/c I think LE needs more time and they don't want to be rushed by the speedy trial rule. I think they will wait to charge her if they have anything in hopes of getting more evidence. JMO..I don't want it to happen though.

Elphaba
08-20-2008, 08:55 AM
What does LP mean by "jealousy"... how does that play into bonding her out?

RayStar
08-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Wow I bet she would have a lot of trouble from the public who just want her to tell where the baby is. Yes, she is probably safer in jail.:)

RayStar
08-20-2008, 08:56 AM
What does LP mean by "jealousy"... how does that play into bonding her out?

More publicity.

Elphaba
08-20-2008, 08:58 AM
More publicity.

Figures... as much as TonyP does seem genuine in what he was telling us here on the boards, his uncle has turned this into a media mess on the Jerry Springer level... IMO

feddup
08-20-2008, 09:26 AM
I dont think she will. Too many starts and stops and seems too
complicated.
I wonder if she would even WANT to be bailed out by him because she knows he would grill her non stop where is caylee, who is this person you say has her etc and she knows she wouldnt have answers. I dont believe anything she has said.
It will be a zoo if she does. I bet the media already has cams set up in front of the jail:rolleyes:

PassTheMotrin
08-20-2008, 10:06 AM
I think LE is doing anything they can to keep her in until tomorrow's court date. Maybe they'll spring the results of the DNA testing.

jon_burrows
08-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Fox News just reported --- Casey will not get out today.

FLbeachdawg
08-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Fox News just reported --- Casey will not get out today.

This is a question for those of you in law out there....how is it that they can keep Casey from getting out on bail? I mean don't get me wrong, I want her butt to stay in there. BUT, if she was granted a bond amount, what would be all the issues that are keeping her from getting out?

curiositycat
08-20-2008, 10:28 AM
This is a question for those of you in law out there....how is it that they can keep Casey from getting out on bail? I mean don't get me wrong, I want her butt to stay in there. BUT, if she was granted a bond amount, what would be all the issues that are keeping her from getting out?
I am not a legal type, but I have a theory. There is much more to this case then we are being told.

The truth is as you state it. She has a right to be able to bond out.

Having worked at times with LE and also the courts as a victim's advocate I think most people would be shocked if they only knew how many games are played by them. It's not what you know it's who you know. If you have enough "buddies" in the right place you can basically do what the **** you want.

That's what I think is happening here.

All of us were shocked at the news of this BBM and BH have the nerve to come in to this and insert themselves in this case. I would imagine the people in the OCSO and others probably feel the same.

Is it right? No, but it could happen to anyone of us if we ever were in a position to be where Casey is. It happens in courts everyday and most people know nothing about it.

I personally am glad she isn't getting out. But I have to admit my feelings have nothing to do with her constitutional rights.

Fandy
08-20-2008, 10:39 AM
I voted "no" because after all the bluster and blunder since it was announced that LP was going to post her bond, one thing or another has come up to prevent it. LP got more than his 15 minutes of fame out of this, and he's no further than he was when he was sitting in California pondering this case like everyone else. He seized a golden opportunity for some publicity, and that's all it was. (snip)

what Leila said....and from me, It has just become more of a circus since LP got involved. I'm losing respect for him and gaining disgust. jmo

dunlurken
08-20-2008, 11:00 AM
I voted no because they will up the charges once the forensics come in. Leonard Padilla didn't know what he was up against when it came to making bond for Casey.

Found it interesting last night on Nancy Grace when he said he paid the $50,000 and his nephew is posting the collateral to the tune of $500,000. Plus the fact that he isn't authorized to post bond in Florida because someone (his nephew/him) isn't certified there as a bondsman. Did that make sense?

LoriKeet
08-20-2008, 12:38 PM
I voted no because they will up the charges once the forensics come in. Leonard Padilla didn't know what he was up against when it came to making bond for Casey.

Found it interesting last night on Nancy Grace when he said he paid the $50,000 and his nephew is posting the collateral to the tune of $500,000. Plus the fact that he isn't authorized to post bond in Florida because someone (his nephew/him) isn't certified there as a bondsman. Did that make sense?

Makes me think THIS is the reason why she isn't going to be set free...it really was all a publicity stunt. They knew it and LE knew it which is why there didn't seem to be a "panic" from LE over last weekend to divulge what evidence they have. Unfortunately the majority of us do not know how the bail and the role of bondsmen works, which is why so many of us were outraged at the thought!

Also, I don't know if it was answered on a different thread (too many to keep track of!), but was it ever determined WHY George and Cindy were unable to come up with the 50k to bail out Casey? Does the 50k HAVE to come from one source, or can multiple people each give a portion (like 5-10k from family and friends) that totals the amount needed and/or the collateral? I think she's where she needs to be, I was just wondering.

diablo
08-20-2008, 12:50 PM
/me thinks Cindy & George did not want her out !

I can't say why, but one would think they could have raised the money in the month since she has been incarcerated.

manatee
08-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Makes me think THIS is the reason why she isn't going to be set free...it really was all a publicity stunt. They knew it and LE knew it which is why there didn't seem to be a "panic" from LE over last weekend to divulge what evidence they have. Unfortunately the majority of us do not know how the bail and the role of bondsmen works, which is why so many of us were outraged at the thought!

Also, I don't know if it was answered on a different thread (too many to keep track of!), but was it ever determined WHY George and Cindy were unable to come up with the 50k to bail out Casey? Does the 50k HAVE to come from one source, or can multiple people each give a portion (like 5-10k from family and friends) that totals the amount needed and/or the collateral? I think she's where she needs to be, I was just wondering.

I don't think they had the 500K in collateral required. Their home is defenintely not worth half that. I also don't think they had the 50k cash either nor anyone willing to pay it

amethyst221
08-20-2008, 01:04 PM

Just generally speaking, a lot of legal rights, though "absolute," can legally have certain reasonable conditions imposed upon them. The court set an amount, which many think is too high, but for now has been affirmed twice by the state's highest court. In a lot of cases, it is much lower, but as here, can't be raised by the person in jail. So they stay in. I imagine bondsmen could refuse to participate in a given case because they thought the risk to them was too high. Other requirements to protect the public or the defendant can be imposed by the court, within reason. Making sure monitoring is set up seems to be one. You could have a constitutional right to bail, have a reasonable amount set, but not be able to pay it, or find a bondman who would take you on. It happens every day, especially to poor defendants, for whom I have a lot more concern than I do for CA.

jeepgirlva
08-20-2008, 01:50 PM
/me thinks Cindy & George did not want her out !

I can't say why, but one would think they could have raised the money in the month since she has been incarcerated.
I said this before and ITA...one reason is they are angry with her no matter what they loved Caylee and want her back and know deep down Casey has done something with her disapperance.... and I think they love Casey too but....they know their daughter better than anyone she has lied to them for years and I'm sure caused them lots of heartache...and they cant control her anymore and probably now know she has some major mental problems ...jail is the best place for her..Does anyone really think she will starting telling the truth once she gets out?

Angelonline
08-20-2008, 02:00 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,406962,00.html

Fox News reporting no release today, more paperwork problems, whatever that maybe.

from the link above
"But more snags with the paperwork and threats of an arrest if the proper state procedures aren't followed have slowed the process further, Padilla told FOX."

poco
08-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Hmmmm, wonder what's on the menu in Orange County Prison tonight for dinner????

Joyce
08-20-2008, 03:00 PM
I say no because something keeps coming up to prevent it.

I totally agree i think when it boils down to it they will come up with something else,more charges or some paper work wrong

commongrackle
08-20-2008, 03:36 PM
I have to say...I don't happen to care if Casey's constitutional rights are violated. Not feeling even a skosh of sympathy for the spoiled !*@$%. Her butt could rot in jail for the rest of her life waiting for a speedy trial for that matter.

LI_Mom
08-20-2008, 03:53 PM
I agree whole heartedly. I think the original plan was twofold. To get publicity for the BH and to try and force the hand of the LE to produce charges before they were completely ready. The LE didn't fall for it and so now they are waffling. If they end up having to go through with it, Baez will instruct Casey to not open her mouth at all while out. It's his job not to let her incriminate herself. It's just sad that they are using Caylee for their own purposes in my mind.

My feelings exactly!

Baez was bluffing & LE called his bluff.

The guy will have a coronary if Casey walks out of jail for the purpose of getting her to talk. His job is to keep her from talking.... and how does he do that if he's letting her be surrounded by people who only want her to talk?

Well.... that's assuming BH and her family actually want to be able to find Caylee.... who knows, maybe they don't? I shouldn't assume, I guess.

Luzer
08-20-2008, 04:15 PM
I can't find a media link about the Miami bondsman stepping in on this case, but I thought I heard something to that effect, too. If anyone can remember the article, I would appreciate getting a link to it.

Also, I remember hearing through the media that the Florida bondsman file papers for a $500000.00 bond. Casey's bond is $500200.00. Maybe that is the snafu that is holding up her release. Has anyone heard anything about that?

TIA

jdj8766
08-20-2008, 04:24 PM
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7249533&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Fox now saying she'll be out by 6:30

LI_Mom
08-20-2008, 04:28 PM
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7249533&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Fox now saying she'll be out by 6:30

Hope her neighbor locks up the shovel. lol

curiositycat
08-20-2008, 05:05 PM
http://orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/default.asp?REDID={AD575B0E-5FA8-447E-B8CE-432A446BF855}&BookNumber=08034750&ID=6356630739352 (http://orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/default.asp?REDID=%7BAD575B0E-5FA8-447E-B8CE-432A446BF855%7D&BookNumber=08034750&ID=6356630739352)

This is as of 4:59 PM in Florida today..still not bonded out.

melissa81
08-21-2008, 12:21 AM
I have to say...I don't happen to care if Casey's constitutional rights are violated. Not feeling even a skosh of sympathy for the spoiled !*@$%. Her butt could rot in jail for the rest of her life waiting for a speedy trial for that matter.

I am glad your not the prosecutor in this case