PDA

View Full Version : Real Reason for Search Stopping?

Pages : 1 [2]

Terilee
09-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Couldn't she drag her though, like if she was wrapped in a rug, or duffle bag, drag shovel and body. An alive child is heavy and as you're carrying them you don't want to wake or knock them around on walls, door jambs etc...

But dragging 35 lb.s and a 5lb. shovel is very possibly, especially when your adrenaline is rushing. Casey is small, but she doesn't look wimpy or small wimpy arms. Being 24 as KC, she's at the heigth of her strength capabilities unless she was to weight lift to build strength.

good point. dragging her makes sense. it also could be why if caylee was spotted around a body of water they want the water to go away. possibly her footsteps and/or drag marks could still be in the ground below the water(and other evidence)

kathyn2
09-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Personally I think Caylee is in the landfill and I wish TES had searched that. In fact I don't understand why they didn't stay and start searching that since the area they were in wasn't searchable for now. Casey may have driven around out there thinking about dumping the body but I just don't think she is the type to hike in off the main road with a dead body in her arms. I think in the end she put her in a dumpster. Much easier and cleaner and no work or hiking around. Just my opinion.

Terilee
09-08-2008, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=SeriouslySearching;2643331]Gas can theory, huh? The trouble is...I don't think the pings on the towers support this.[/QU

If she went out of town to hide body I guarentee you she did not take her cell phone with. Maybe someone elses cell phone or signed up a phone with someone elses ID/ss# (hence the OTHER phone-blackjack) But I guearentee she is at least smart enough not to use her own phone.I have worked for two major cell carriers (on the technical side) and I pray that this whole search is not just based on "pings".

Investig8
09-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Tricia,

I too believe what Tim said. Emotions are so high. ALL OF US are waiting on a break. Caylee is our girl! We need to step back from this and be patient at this point. Harder said than done I know. Such a roller coaster of emotions this case is....

BeanE
09-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Thank you for that. I trust Tim's words implicitly.

I have to agree. After reading all related posts and thinking about it, I kept coming back to Tim giving a statement on live TV in such a detailed way about the environment and how it affects the search.

I'm taking Tim's word for it that the reasons he gave are the actual reasons.

headndownstream
09-08-2008, 01:16 PM
I guess this couldn't have happened but I'll throw it out there. It's about the water. My family used to ride ATV's and dirtbikes every chance we could, with a lot of friends. It was recreation, with a LOT of showing off. Every time anyone found even a little standing water, they would gun it and fly thru, throwing mud on those behind if possible. It was the goal around water. Now, I'm sure Equasearch is professional thru and thru, and would never condone that, and I hope they warned others against it. I'm just saying that you get a testosterone headed guy on an ATV around water they want to show off. It's plausible that Tim started getting reports of that happening, got angry. He could already have been very concerned about all the water. If he heard this was happening he could have seen red, called the search off, end of story.

But, I also think he'd have kicked them out rather than cancel the whole thing. So I just wondered about that when he spoke about burying bones. ATV's shouldn't have been going thru the water in the first place, I would think.

Amster
09-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Is the area where they called off the search near the airport? Is this the only area where TES has searched? Maybe LE is firmly convinced that the airport area is where Caylee is.....if true, I'd think it was an area Casey could get her car to. Can't see her tromping through mud, brush, etc.

DazzlinDebSD
09-08-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm not insulting, let me get that out there....but I *could* say that I was a searcher and post a bunch of stuff. Just cause you read it here, doesn't make it true!

And if I might add......... don't believe anything you hear in a chatroom.:bang:

mom_of_five
09-08-2008, 01:18 PM
No matter the reasons, I'm devastated that no one is out there looking for Caylee right now...

halleyscomet
09-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Personally I think Caylee is in the landfill and I wish TES had searched that. In fact I don't understand why they didn't stay and start searching that since the area they were in wasn't searchable for now. Casey may have driven around out there thinking about dumping the body but I just don't think she is the type to hike in off the main road with a dead body in her arms. I think in the end she put her in a dumpster. Much easier and cleaner and no work or hiking around. Just my opinion.

I believe the landfill has been searched and that it is still being searched by le. I would bet that le is actively searching as we speak. Those detectives want her found as much as we do and will not stop looking for her. This case has brought the best and the worst out in people, hasn't it?

halleyscomet
09-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Is the area where they called off the search near the airport? Is this the only area where TES has searched? Maybe LE is firmly convinced that the airport area is where Caylee is.....if true, I'd think it was an area Casey could get her car to. Can't see her tromping through mud, brush, etc.

Other areas aside from the airport were searched as well. Areas near the Anthony home, different parks, even retention ponds in subdivisions near where her phone pinged.

Amster
09-08-2008, 01:21 PM
What about the lake that was where Caylee liked to run around? Wasn't there a lake that Casey and a friend used to take the kids? And, Blanchard park...

Gaia713
09-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Caseymeeting with her case worker and planning out her visits for teh week. I hope they give her nothing.

halleyscomet
09-08-2008, 01:24 PM
What about the lake that was where Caylee liked to run around? Wasn't there a lake that Casey and a friend used to take the kids? And, Blanchard park...

Yes, these areas were searched. Also, the "hiding spot" that one of Casey's friends told the police about (in the 400 pg doc).

Jennerbear
09-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Post from a searcher - they found a dirty stuffed animal. Sorry if this has been posted - I tried to read all but might have missed it.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/community/news/wintergarden/orl-caylee0808sep08,0,311925.story

Jen

bunnyphoenix1
09-08-2008, 01:26 PM
If she went out of town to hide body I guarentee you she did not take her cell phone with. Maybe someone elses cell phone or signed up a phone with someone elses ID/ss# (hence the OTHER phone-blackjack) But I guearentee she is at least smart enough not to use her own phone.I have worked for two major cell carriers (on the technical side) and I pray that this whole search is not just based on "pings".

I don't know how you can "guarantee" that she didn't take her cell phone or that she's smart enough to know her phone's location could be traced. She was telling police she had made and received calls that never existed, so it seems to me, she wasn't smart enough to know they could verify or otherwise that those calls took place.

Everly
09-08-2008, 01:26 PM
LP on a show the other night said that the pings from the airport area were from Casey calling her parents' house to make sure that no one was home so she could go there and bury Caylee. He said that was why the dogs hit in the backyard but Casey had moved her later.

I don't know how Padilla would know this, but it does make sense to me that Caylee died elsewhere, probably in the car and Casey first buried her in the yard, then dug her up later, (after the 24th?) and not in the airport area. This makes some sense to me, because I think the body would have had to have been pretty decomposed to put off a stench that clung to the car so badly. I believe this could have been because it had been buried for over a week before it was put in the car.

I would think for ease of disposal she would have thrown the body into a body of water.

halleyscomet
09-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Caseymeeting with her case worker and planning out her visits for teh week. I hope they give her nothing.

I'm sure they'll give her time to meet with her attorney for hours on end like they did the last time.

I was distressed to hear the prison spokesperson state that ankle monitor just shows whether or not she's near the monitor in the home. There is no GPS on it. Does anyone remember if she had a gps monitor the last time? He said that the GPS monitors are provided by a private company, not by the jail, although they are in the process of getting gps monitors in the future.

jmommy
09-08-2008, 01:28 PM
I wanna hear this to. The cop friend has been brought up several times with nothing more said.

It's in my first or second post on this thread, but I'll repeat what I heard last night on the live chat rooms.

A girl on live chat room last night (www.cayleebaby.chatango.com) and they were also talking about it at (www.cayleeanthony.chatango.com).

She said this. I have a cop friend who I trust, who has inside info from the OCSD. He tells me that they believe they have found her remains, but cannot get to them because the area is covered in water and alligators, etc. However, they've roped it off, have it guarded, and have called in special recovery unit.

That's all she said. Don't know if it's true or not, but that's what the big buzz was last night on those two live chat rooms. Also, after what the "searcher" posted, the "stopping the search" all of a sudden, doesn't add up. So take it with a grain of salt, and believe what you will. I for one, think they found something. But I could be wrong as it's just MOO.

halleyscomet
09-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Post from a searcher - they found a dirty stuffed animal. Sorry if this has been posted - I tried to read all but might have missed it.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/community/news/wintergarden/orl-caylee0808sep08,0,311925.story

Jen

You'd be amazed at everything the searchers found and CSI collected. The thing is, are they related to this case or not. Even the searchers don't know the outcome of anything they find which is a little frustrating but understandable. I'm sure that there are a lot of things that are being tested as we speak.

halleyscomet
09-08-2008, 01:31 PM
LP on a show the other night said that the pings from the airport area were from Casey calling her parents' house to make sure that no one was home so she could go there and bury Caylee. He said that was why the dogs hit in the backyard but Casey had moved her later.

I don't know how Padilla would know this, but it does make sense to me that Caylee died elsewhere, probably in the car and Casey first buried her in the yard, then dug her up later, (after the 24th?) and not in the airport area. This makes some sense to me, because I think the body would have had to have been pretty decomposed to put off a stench that clung to the car so badly. I believe this could have been because it had been buried for over a week before it was put in the car.

I would think for ease of disposal she would have thrown the body into a body of water.

Would they be able to prove this by seeing if the soil on the shovel matched the soil in the yard? Or do I watch too much CSI?:waitasec:

yosande
09-08-2008, 01:34 PM

Yeah, IIRC it was Lake Underhill

DazzlinDebSD
09-08-2008, 01:36 PM

I agree 100% with you. The landfill should have been the #1 place to search.

kathyn2
09-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Padilla doesn't 'know' that. That is his opinion. He has his own theories and that is one of them. It makes sense to me. I don't feel she probably took her out to the airport either. I think Leonard is right. I also think she dumped caylee in the ascott trash dumpster and then abandoned the car there because it had run out of gas and smelled. I think Padilla thinks the same thing.

robotdog
09-08-2008, 01:39 PM

are those places about ONE HOUR away?:laugh:
50 miles away from the house

she is such an easy read... she is crafty but not too bright

she probably drove to the airport area to throw police off the scent

1 HOUR AWAY - thats the ticket :moose:

kathyn2
09-08-2008, 01:39 PM
I agree 100% with you. The landfill should have been the #1 place to search.

They should have searched the landfill as soon as they discovered Casey lied about everything and they found her car abandoned under a dumpster at Ascott. I just don't understand the LE there!???

headndownstream
09-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Does anyone reading know how to go about hiding a body in water? When does it come up? When does it go back down? What and how much weight has to be added? Should you wrap it or not? How far out into the water do you go before you drop it? Was there a bridge she could have used? Have rivers been searched? I'm totally unfamiliar with Orlando.

capoly
09-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Please let me know if I am wrong but a number of times Tim Miller spoke of "closure" for the community yet didn't mention of any closure for the family. How very hard it must be for him, he who searched for his own daughter, to grasp the Anthony's mentality (or lack of it).

Everly
09-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Padilla doesn't 'know' that. That is his opinion. He has his own theories and that is one of them. It makes sense to me. I don't feel she probably took her out to the airport either. I think Leonard is right. I also think she dumped caylee in the ascott trash dumpster and then abandoned the car there because it had run out of gas and smelled. I think Padilla thinks the same thing.

Agreed, I take anything Padilla says with 20 grains of salt-- one grain is not enough.

If the car was so permeated with the decomp odor that it still smelled days later, then I would expect that when Casey got out of it and into Tony's car, the smell would be on her clothing and person. Maybe not strong but certainly noticeable. It would be very interesting to know if he told police that she smelled odd when he picked her up.

Gaia713
09-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I don't know how you can "guarantee" that she didn't take her cell phone or that she's smart enough to know her phone's location could be traced. She was telling police she had made and received calls that never existed, so it seems to me, she wasn't smart enough to know they could verify or otherwise that those calls took place.

I don't think Casey would give up contact with her friends just to hide Caylee. Remember, it's always Casey first. ALWAYS.

Macushla
09-08-2008, 01:51 PM
I live in the Orlando area and there is still standing water all over the place! It's possible the water had receded where the poster had been walking (can't remember the post or exact words, sorry) but was still ankle deep or higher in other areas. Driving up 417 the other day, water on both sides of the road was still within 3 feet of the roadway. I think the seach was called off for the reasons TM stated. Also, IIRC from the press conference, he said other avenues of searching, perhaps the drone planes, would still be going on. So the search for Casey has not been stopped, just one aspect of the search has been put on hold.
Landfill: One one of these threads a poster described how a landfill works, as to when something is dumped etc. It was a great post, talked about how they could tell exactly WHERE a particular dumpster had been dumped, etc. I think the problem is that no one is SURE that Caylee was put in the dumpster at Amscott, that is just where her car ran out of gas. If it was another dumpster, then it might be a completely different area of the landfill that has to be searched, trying to search an entire landfill would be, in my opinion, impossible.

headndownstream
09-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Does anyone reading know how to go about hiding a body in water? When does it come up? When does it go back down? What and how much weight has to be added? Should you wrap it or not? How far out into the water do you go before you drop it? Was there a bridge she could have used? Have rivers been searched? I'm totally unfamiliar with Orlando.

I just reread this and it sounds like I'm asking advise from those of you who have done this before! I'm sorry. In my mind, the question when I wrote this is, I think it would be a lot of trouble, more than Casey would go to, to put her in water. Throwing off a bridge is something she could have done. But I don't know if Orlando has bridges over big rivers.

Cherry Baby
09-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Okay...I must be having a slow work day because I'm thinking too much.

Let's suppose that TES did find something of 'interest' in a particular area. In order to process that scene or do some further investigating would it be possible that LE told Tim to suspend the search for now and give the conditions as a reason so they could do what they had to do in peace and without the media hanging about? I think that if Tim knew there was evidence out there he'd comply with LE's request.

Here's the dumb one - let's also suppose that maybe the poster from last night was right in saying that in the area that they may have found evidence there's a few gators hanging about. Now, I'm from the Midwest and have had no encounters with gators except at the zoo - I realize you can't hold a bowl of gator chow in front of the beasties and they'll move for you...but how on earth do you get them out of a search area?

HRCODEPINK
09-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Agreed, I take anything Padilla says with 20 grains of salt-- one grain is not enough.

If the car was so permeated with the decomp odor that it still smelled days later, then I would expect that when Casey got out of it and into Tony's car, the smell would be on her clothing and person. Maybe not strong but certainly noticeable. It would be very interesting to know if he told police that she smelled odd when he picked her up.

Does anyone know off hand when Casey took the shower?

HRCODEPINK
09-08-2008, 02:11 PM
I live in the Orlando area and there is still standing water all over the place! It's possible the water had receded where the poster had been walking (can't remember the post or exact words, sorry) but was still ankle deep or higher in other areas. Driving up 417 the other day, water on both sides of the road was still within 3 feet of the roadway. I think the seach was called off for the reasons TM stated. Also, IIRC from the press conference, he said other avenues of searching, perhaps the drone planes, would still be going on. So the search for Casey has not been stopped, just one aspect of the search has been put on hold.
Landfill: One one of these threads a poster described how a landfill works, as to when something is dumped etc. It was a great post, talked about how they could tell exactly WHERE a particular dumpster had been dumped, etc. I think the problem is that no one is SURE that Caylee was put in the dumpster at Amscott, that is just where her car ran out of gas. If it was another dumpster, then it might be a completely different area of the landfill that has to be searched, trying to search an entire landfill would be, in my opinion, impossible.

Also keep in mind that an individual dumpster does not get dumped in the landfill. It is all of the dumpsters that that company picked up that day in that truck, which might help if it wasn't the amscott dumpster, if it was another by this company, but that is still a lot of trash to go through.

HRCODEPINK
09-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Here's the dumb one - let's also suppose that maybe the poster from last night was right in saying that in the area that they may have found evidence there's a few gators hanging about. Now, I'm from the Midwest and have had no encounters with gators except at the zoo - I realize you can't hold a bowl of gator chow in front of the beasties and they'll move for you...but how on earth do you get them out of a search area?

Animal Control

kathyn2
09-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Thats why LE should have searched the landfill right away. BEFORE months of trash was heaped on top. Oh well...too late now.

Also keep in mind that an individual dumpster does not get dumped in the landfill. It is all of the dumpsters that that company picked up that day in that truck, which might help if it wasn't the amscott dumpster, if it was another by this company, but that is still a lot of trash to go through.

lillygator
09-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Okay...I must be having a slow work day because I'm thinking too much.

Let's suppose that TES did find something of 'interest' in a particular area. In order to process that scene or do some further investigating would it be possible that LE told Tim to suspend the search for now and give the conditions as a reason so they could do what they had to do in peace and without the media hanging about? I think that if Tim knew there was evidence out there he'd comply with LE's request.

can they just move gators for being, well gators? This is there home and I thought unless they are over x feet long and showing aggression they aren't to be trapped. And I certainly hope if they do trap them, they are moving them and not destroying them.

Evan's Mom
09-08-2008, 02:52 PM

Not only that, but if the car smelled that bad once the body was removed, imagine how bad the dumpster would have reeked with a body in it.
And if a body had been in the dumpster, wouldn't there have been more evidence to point towards that?

krimekat
09-08-2008, 02:53 PM

How long did it take Laci to pop up from the SF Bay . . . a few months: end of Dec to mid-April?

lillygator
09-08-2008, 02:55 PM
do we know if LE did search the landfill prior?

NJ Lawyer
09-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Thats why LE should have searched the landfill right away. BEFORE months of trash was heaped on top. Oh well...too late now.I don't think it's too late, but rather, a question of resources/money. As someone who witnessed 9-11 up close and personal (and who lives less than 1/2 from the unfortunately named "Fresh Kills Landfill" in Staten Island where 1 million tons of debris and human remains were dumped from the World Trade Center) I know it can be done. Orlando LE is going to need sifting and other type equipment and people willing to go through the entire landfill. Over here, you had men and women working 24-7 as volunteers but for all of them it was a life-altering event and most everyone knew at least SOMEONE who had died in the towers. Plus many of the sifters were cops or firefighters who lost their brethren and wanted to be involved. And...the City had a lot of money to spend towards sifting. I don't know how many volunteers would be willing to go into the landfill or if LE would even want them in there. And you certainly don't have family pushing for a search of little Caylee (in fact you have the opposite). In the high heat, I'd be concerned about the poor thing having composted by now (though her bones would remain). Over here the weather is much different and after 9-11 it got colder and there wasn't a lot of composting going on. (I am sorry to use the word "compost", I don't mean any disrespect). But if Caylee ended up in the landfill, her bones and DNA are in there and with the right equipment, LE could find her in there.

NJ Lawyer
09-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Not only that, but if the car smelled that bad once the body was removed, imagine how bad the dumpster would have reeked with a body in it.
And if a body had been in the dumpster, wouldn't there have been more evidence to point towards that?I think Casey had no idea how badly things would be in terms of smell and after realizing it, she made sure to do things differently before putting Caylee in a dumpster (if that's where she put her). She would have placed her in a bag, put that bag in another, and then added so many closed bag layers that until the bags disintegrated and each of them had been pieced, the smell would not have escaped.

marlap
09-08-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't think it's too late, but rather, a question of resources/money. As someone who witnessed 9-11 up close and personal (and who lives less than 1/2 from the unfortunately named "Fresh Kills Landfill" in Staten Island where 1 million tons of debris and human remains were dumped from the World Trade Center) I know it can be done. Orlando LE is going to need sifting and other type equipment and people willing to go through the entire landfill. Over here, you had men and women working 24-7 as volunteers but for all of them it was a life-altering event and most everyone knew at least SOMEONE who had died in the towers. Plus many of the sifters were cops or firefighters who lost their brethren and wanted to be involved. And...the City had a lot of money to spend towards sifting. I don't know how many volunteers would be willing to go into the landfill or if LE would even want them in there. And you certainly don't have family pushing for a search of little Caylee (in fact you have the opposite). In the high heat, I'd be concerned about the poor thing having composted by now (though her bones would remain). Over here the weather is much different and after 9-11 it got colder and there wasn't a lot of composting going on. (I am sorry to use the word "compost", I don't mean any disrespect). But if Caylee ended up in the landfill, her bones and DNA are in there and with the right equipment, LE could find her in there.

I agree. I remember the Lori Hacking case. They isolated the area in the landfill where that dumpster was dumped, got an order to prevent more trash from being dumped there, and looked down far enough to find newspapers from the date of her death.

It took a few weeks, I remember...but they found her and her husband Mark is in prison.

PurpleHaze
09-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Laci was found after a fairly large storm untangled (she was stuck/attached to something) and her body washed ashore.

ScreenName
09-08-2008, 03:38 PM

Could she have gone to target to buy a change of clothes before calling TonE? Any local motels or truck stops with showers nearby? :waitasec:

soul_tear
09-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Could she have gone to target to buy a change of clothes before calling TonE? Any local motels or truck stops with showers nearby? :waitasec:

She prob just went to her parents house showered and changed. Maybe that is why the LE had a search warrent that included her clothes...????
just a thought:crazy:

birdie
09-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Didn't Casey go to Ricardo's and use the shower? Does anyone remember what date that was?

LinasK
09-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Let's just completely throw out the statement about what the cop friend said and just go by what the searcher said. The searcher says, the ground is DRY (searcher makes a POINT to let us know this two or three times that the grounds are dry), the searcher says they pondered and re-wrote their statement over again to make sure they didn't "say too much, if you KNOW what I mean". The searcher says, they "will be watching the news VERY CLOSELY the next few days (they are trying to tell us to do the same). Now, why would this searcher even think they would be jeapardizing the case IF something wasn't found, WHY would they worry about "saying to much". HELLO???? This is such a big dead give away. Also, the searcher, says, Tim says it's enviornmental reasonas and I'm sure he has his reasons for this, he's a stand up guy. Here again, the searcher is saying that they don't understand why he said the search was called off for THIS reason, but he's a stand up guy and he trusts him.

It's so very obvious to me they found something. They are not risking "leaking" the info yet, because Casey is out, also the chance of fouling up the retrieval efforts and investingation with all the media circus.

I think you're right!

LinasK
09-08-2008, 04:30 PM
I wondered this myself. I asked last night because I didn't follow the Duckett case, but I read somewhere that it was close. I was wondering if this was true. If so, no matter what/who they found, after this long and that heat, they will have to do testing. Like I said last night, even if they found a body wearing Caylee clothes, with her name on them and a birth certificate tucked in her pocket, the family and attorney would say it wasn't her without testing. And even then maybe not. Remember, Casey is being railroaded.

They were searching in a lot of areas and the media may not know if they did find something. LE has private channels for ongoing investigations and they have cell phones too. I am the first to admit that I am guilty of wanting to know now, now, now what is going on but we are going to have to just be patient. The media may even be cooperating with them because everyone knows how airtight this case is going to have to be. Baez is shifty. Having volunteered on a couple of Innocence project cases, I can assure you, Baez appears to be a VERY GOOD attorney and his team isn't going to miss anything. There was something that I saw that possibly violates Casey's constitutional rights and as sick as that makes me, rights are rights and if you chip away at hers, you are chipping away at your own. I haven't mentioned it specifically because I am sure they have people reading here and I don't want to give them any ideas.

The live chat thing I did see last night. They said that the area was taped off and being guarded. They said that they found something, but the area was wet and hard to get to and they taped it off and send in the mounted police and then called the special recovery unit asap.

If they found something, they are going to have to photograph and document everything, they are going to have to remove it and that is going to take time, so that they are able to get every bit of available evidence, and all of that is going to take a while and then there is the DNA tests. This could go quickly and we could know in a matter of a day or two or even hours...or the body could have been out there in conditions that make that harder and it could take weeks to confirm by DNA.

When I was doing innocence case work, I was contacted by dozens of people every month asking me to help them because I helped with a couple of cases where we actually got people out and off of death row. When someone would ask for help, I would request they send the case info and trial transcripts and then I would read them over, sometimes for weeks getting through the trial transcripts. Out of all of the innocence cases that I was asked to help on, MAYBE 10 percent of them I believed to be actually innocent and needless to say, if I didn't believe you, I did NOT help. It is sad for those that are actually innocent, but so many claim to be that it often hurts those that actually are. Everyone is innocent...even when they are not. You wouldn't believe some of the things I have seen both from those claiming innocence that I didn't believe and on the other side of the coin when they were innocent and things got messed up by the state. And there are deadlines on everything.

This guy is going to try to prove her innocent any way he can and that is his job. It is also his job to try to get her freed on technicalities. He will invoke speedy trial as well. Giving LE less time to get more info once she is charged. IT is not his responsibility to prove her innocent as much as it is the states responsibility to prove her guilty. I hate being patient, but I know from things I have done before that is the only thing we can do for the sake of Caylee and making sure she gets justice. When she gets charged, we will know EVERYTHING they do, because LE has to hand it over in discovery. Baez has to hand over nothing but Casey.

Thank-you for all this information!

lillygator
09-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Didn't Casey go to Ricardo's and use the shower? Does anyone remember what date that was?

on pg 44 of first set of docs, Jesse Grund said in his statement that she called him for a shower sometime between 6/22-7/6.

kh1967
09-08-2008, 04:48 PM

Keep in mind, when tony arrived, she was already standing outside the car with groceries in hand when he showed up. Also, the car had been there since 7 am and he didnt receive a call from her to come and get her until late morning.:crazy:

lmcgill
09-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Keep in mind, when tony arrived, she was already standing outside the car with groceries in hand when he showed up. Also, the car had been there since 7 am and he didnt receive a call from her to come and get her until late morning.:crazy:

Does anyone remember what time he picked her up?

kh1967
09-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Does anyone remember what time he picked her up?

It states around 1030 in the 1988 pontiac thread.

lmcgill
09-08-2008, 05:16 PM
It states around 1030 in the 1988 pontiac thread.

I wonder if she drove the car or maybe took a cab :confused:

drumstick
09-08-2008, 05:23 PM

Wouldn't the surveillance video from Amscot show the person and exact time the car was parked there? Assuming there is video?

?

jbar
09-08-2008, 05:28 PM
I just read that TES isn't coming back for a month?? Has anyone else heard the same???

Georgia PI
09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Wouldn't the surveillance video from Amscot show the person and exact time the car was parked there? Assuming there is video?

?

The video recorder had all ready re-recorded over that part, most rrecorders in stores run any where from 5 - 7 days, unless to by more expensive models that can easly record for 30 days or more.

Blink34
09-08-2008, 06:08 PM
I just read that TES isn't coming back for a month?? Has anyone else heard the same???

From where?
I heard directly from Tim last night they are looking at 2 weeks.

Georgia PI
09-08-2008, 06:10 PM
From where?
I heard directly from Tim last night they are looking at 2 weeks.

I saw the same thing posted on another Thread, something about tim going back to search on the Holloway case, but It maight not be true.

jbar
09-08-2008, 06:11 PM
David Lohr.
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/

"then went to the Texas EquuSearch command post and spoke with Tim Miller's wife, Georgeann Miller. She said that while they are both sad that the search had to be suspended, they are not giving up and will be back as soon as the waters recede. I asked when that might be and she estimated they would be back in about a month. In the mean time, they are going to continue the search for Natalee Holloway, a young woman who went missing in Aruba, on May 30, 2005."

Georgia PI
09-08-2008, 06:13 PM
David Lohr.
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/

"then went to the Texas EquuSearch command post and spoke with Tim Miller's wife, Georgeann Miller. She said that while they are both sad that the search had to be suspended, they are not giving up and will be back as soon as the waters recede. I asked when that might be and she estimated they would be back in about a month. In the mean time, they are going to continue the search for Natalee Holloway, a young woman who went missing in Aruba, on May 30, 2005."

Thanks Jbar,

I knew I read it somewhere.

doogiesgirl
09-08-2008, 06:16 PM
I watched the video of the sheriff and TM explaining that they had to suspend search due to environmental factors and I don't know why but last night I just cried for Caylee, really cried for her. Maybe it was out of frustration, bt I dont know, I have noticed today that her story is hardly mentioned on the news channels, where before it was a constant stream of info and talking about it. I find that very strange. Of course maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part: that I wanted so badly for them to find her so I am now questioning things that I shouldn't. It was probably frustration but it sure felt like mourning.

Suzie002
09-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Laci was found after a fairly large storm untangled (she was stuck/attached to something) and her body washed ashore.

My husband thought I was nuts when I said this and I don't mean it to sound so horrible, but when I found out that tropical storm fay was producing so much rain, I told him that everything happens for a reason and this is to bring her to the surface somehow.

Georgia PI
09-08-2008, 06:20 PM
I watched the video of the sheriff and TM explaining that they had to suspend search due to environmental factors and I don't know why but last night I just cried for Caylee, really cried for her. Maybe it was out of frustration, bt I dont know, I have noticed today that her story is hardly mentioned on the news channels, where before it was a constant stream of info and talking about it. I find that very strange. Of course maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part: that I wanted so badly for them to find her so I am now questioning things that I shouldn't. It was probably frustration but it sure felt like mourning.

Now that she is back home and the search stopped I thnk it will be quite for a while, unless they find something big.

Blink34
09-08-2008, 06:21 PM
I saw the same thing posted on another Thread, something about tim going back to search on the Holloway case, but It maight not be true.

His team may be going, that is true, but according to him he was hopeful for two weeks to be back on the upside. Given he may have said a month so as to not have a buffer as to what he can commit to- he is a man of great commitment and integrity.

technicalconfusion
09-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I realize you can't hold a bowl of gator chow in front of the beasties and they'll move for you...but how on earth do you get them out of a search area?

Gator chow, lol. That was funny. They would call in a critter catcher or animal control to get the alligators.

can they just move gators for being, well gators? This is there home and I thought unless they are over x feet long and showing aggression they aren't to be trapped. And I certainly hope if they do trap them, they are moving them and not destroying them.

I think it depends on the situation. Some are taken to the everglades, around here there's some kind of farm where some are taken.

k8e_r
09-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Hey everyone I just got on so I have some catching up to do. Last night on a certain website that has people in Orlando that were particitpating in the search for Caylee and working directly with tim miller had this post, it basically went like this......" earlier this evening there was this woman on the chatango site (someones chat group), who I believe her chat name was marylou or something like that, who was claiming that she has a very close friend that is a police officer or detective that is directly involved in the Caylee anthony case and that her close friend stated to her that Tim Miller searchers did in fact find a bones of a childs body in low level water and the cops cleared everyone out and that it was taped off and going to be gaurded all night until a special team got there today. She stated that she trusted her friend and that she believed him.
In that post there was a link to the chattango site and I immediatley started going through the whole chat room but there was no such post. Now today I went back to the site where I found the original post and that is no longer there either. So that may actually be what has happened.

lucy54
09-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Can I ask a simple question that has probably already been discussed and missed by me? Can anyone tell me why LE has not dug under the new slab, or pavers, in the Anthony backyard? Especially when cadaver dogs hit there? I would greatly appreciate some help here - I'm stuck wondering about this.

Thanks much,
DA

I was wondering the same thing. LE already searched the backyard in the spot where the cadaver dogs hit, and found nothing. So I am guessing they may not have a right to go back to the home unless they have sufficient reason for another search warrant. I still think there's some evidence in that backyard. Wish they could dig the whole thing up!

lucy54
09-08-2008, 07:00 PM
How long did it take Laci to pop up from the SF Bay . . . a few months: end of Dec to mid-April?

I am pretty sure Laci was tied down to concrete. When her body surfaced, it was just a torso. I believe her arms, legs and head were detached from the torso. I recall reading that when weighing a body down, there's no guarantee it will stay down b/c it can come detached. They had to do DNA testing to make sure it was her.

Georgia PI
09-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Hey everyone I just got on so I have some catching up to do. Last night on a certain website that has people in Orlando that were particitpating in the search for Caylee and working directly with tim miller had this post, it basically went like this......" earlier this evening there was this woman on the chatango site (someones chat group), who I believe her chat name was marylou or something like that, who was claiming that she has a very close friend that is a police officer or detective that is directly involved in the Caylee anthony case and that her close friend stated to her that Tim Miller searchers did in fact find a bones of a childs body in low level water and the cops cleared everyone out and that it was taped off and going to be gaurded all night until a special team got there today. She stated that she trusted her friend and that she believed him.
In that post there was a link to the chattango site and I immediatley started going through the whole chat room but there was no such post. Now today I went back to the site where I found the original post and that is no longer there either. So that may actually be what has happened.

I have found that links to pages concerning items found during the search are quickly disappearing from the web and blog sites.

some of the links that I had are now removed.

Pedrosmom
09-08-2008, 07:55 PM
My husband thought I was nuts when I said this and I don't mean it to sound so horrible, but when I found out that tropical storm fay was producing so much rain, I told him that everything happens for a reason and this is to bring her to the surface somehow.

Just like the storm that washed up Laci and Connor. I believe that an expert testified that if Laci had been in the bay, but for that storm, her body would have gone out to sea. I believe that was divine intervention. Someone higher up has to be watching all of this. That won't be the last high five in this case. The world will be high fiving each other when that needle goes into her arm.

ZooMomology
09-08-2008, 08:28 PM

I read a month too, going to look for Natalee, and that is in Aruba I would assume.

Pondering Mind
09-08-2008, 09:07 PM
I have found that links to pages concerning items found during the search are quickly disappearing from the web and blog sites.

some of the links that I had are now removed.

I noticed that too Georgia PI! I had one of my sweet 3yr. old granddaughters spending the night last night and glanced a couple of your post. Went back today when I had more time to read and POOF, all had diasappeared. Hmm, just don't know what to make of that.

suspicious mind
09-09-2008, 01:27 AM
Ok anybody else find it odd that TM was not on nG show last night? she mentioned the search was off for now, but no TM. He is always on there, and with news like the search being off, you know she was dying to get him on to find out why. ????

LookingForThe Truth
09-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Ok anybody else find it odd that TM was not on nG show last night? she mentioned the search was off for now, but no TM. He is always on there, and with news like the search being off, you know she was dying to get him on to find out why. ????

Maybe he is emotionally & physically exhusted:confused:
Traveling?? Working on another case?

BondJamesBond
09-13-2008, 11:31 AM
IF LE discovered solid evidence from a dumpster that they haven't released, might they advise TES to suspend search in order to minimize the risk of injury to searchers (e.g. alligators, etc.). Didn't LP comment on something from a dumpster within mile or so from Tony's apt.?

liltigress
09-13-2008, 12:46 PM
I find it hard to swallow that they pulled out because of weather, which was no different than the days before. Something was found on that last day, according to a couple of members here that were on that search, yet LE and other search groups are still looking.

BondJamesBond
09-13-2008, 12:50 PM
I find it hard to swallow that they pulled out because of weather, which was no different than the days before. Something was found on that last day, according to a couple of members here that were on that search, yet LE and other search groups are still looking.

Pure speculation. But I would guess there's a the very least a need for good public relations on the part of LE to keep up the search whilst they await some DNA results on anything found so as not to have a problem if DNA came back not to be a match. I'd further speculate that they wouldn't/couldn't turn off any & all independent searchers....just the biggest one.

Dunno...just noodlin' here. Anyone w/ good info on the ground locally?

shotzie
09-14-2008, 12:25 PM
I was just reading a book that related to a murder these detective were looking into. They contacted a guy that uses a computer, yellow string and makes a grid of the area's an walks over the string with 2 radar units hanging over his shoulder, it takes in the data an relates to the computer. I does take hours but has anyone heard of this kind of method.?

Since he has to walk over this string, I wouldn't think it would be feasible to do this in the swamp area's.

Funny thing they mentioned is the computer guy wears Golf shoes so he won't slip on hillside areas..pretty smart huh?

Have they been using RAdar in Caylee's search at all?