PDA

View Full Version : Maybe she didn't abandon the car - Gas cans will solve the case.

Pages : [1] 2

ketel0ne
09-24-2008, 11:07 PM
She made 3 contacts about Gas cans after leaving the car at the Amscot.

Jesse on June 28th, Phone call, or Text message he was at his parents and couldn't help her out.
Amy in a text message on the 29th ,"Can I borrow you and your gas can today?"
Then Amy again on the 30th at Amy's/Ricardo/JP house, going as far as going to Target to get one.

So why not have gotten Tony to help her out before he left for NY, get a gas and can and get the Pontiac back. Yet in the 3 days after leaving the car, 3 different communications about a gas can.

txsvicki
09-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Did Amy ever say what she and Casey did after buying the gas can? I don't recall reading that she took Casey by the gas station to fill the can or what the plan was.

magiemay
09-24-2008, 11:12 PM

Jesse on June 28th, Phone call, or Text message he was at his parents and couldn't help her out.
Then Amy again on the 30th at Amy's/Ricardo/JP house, going as far as going to Target to get one.

So why not have gotten Tony to help her out before he left for NY, get a gas and can and get the Pontiac back. Yet in the 3 days after leaving the car, 3 different communications about a gas can.
and don't forget the gas cans from the shed at the A's house!!!

ketel0ne
09-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Did Amy ever say what she and Casey did after buying the gas can? I don't recall reading that she took Casey by the gas station to fill the can or what the plan was.

Nope, and it would have still been the morning of the 30th, the car may have still been at the Amscot. Those details seem to still be missing.

JustJax
09-24-2008, 11:13 PM

I think she was going to torch that car, to get rid of the decomp smell/evidence, but then bailed on that idea as the days went by.

ketel0ne
09-24-2008, 11:13 PM
and don't forget the gas cans from the shed at the A's house!!!

George claims he got those back from her on the 24th.

Oakley
09-24-2008, 11:17 PM

Odd that Amy bought the gas can for her. Maybe she didn't want to leave a trail that she bought it herself? Wonder what reason she gave Amy for not buying it herself.

ketel0ne
09-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Odd that Amy bought the gas can for her. Maybe she didn't want to leave a trail that she bought it herself? Wonder what reason she gave Amy for not buying it herself.

I wonder similar things, like why not drop tony at the airport, head to target, get a gas can, then head for Amy's and say hey I need you to drive Tony's Jeep home, gonna get my car back.

It is just all weird to me.

Carrington
09-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Why didn't she simply set the trip thingy every time she put gas in?

OpenMind4U
09-24-2008, 11:20 PM
...but at the same time, KC told TonE that her Dad took car to auto mechanic for repairs and possibly she'll have the new car...she's good with creating lies but not so smart by keeping them in sync:)...

professoressa
09-24-2008, 11:21 PM
I think she was going to torch that car, to get rid of the decomp smell/evidence, but then bailed on that idea as the days went by.

I had a dream like that last night that I just posted on the "dreams, visions, etc." thread. My mom was urging me to set my car on fire, and I did. I poured gasoline throughout the interior and tossed a match. I also drive a white hatchback, so I just assumed it was my car in the dream. BIZARRO I know!

Law_girl41
09-24-2008, 11:22 PM

:waitasec:
I KNOW!!! StUPIT GIRL!!!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

Carrington
09-24-2008, 11:22 PM
...but at the same time, KC told TonE that her Dad took car to auto mechanic for repairs and possibly she'll have the new car...she's good with creating lies but not so smart by keeping them in sync:)...

She drew a LOT of attention to that car....wonder why?

Reannan
09-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Her fixation on gas cans has fascinated me from the beginning of this case. My first thought, was that she had burned the body, but there would have been some sort of evidence of that in the car, I think....even if it were traces on her clothes or seat cushions, which I am sure have been extensively evaluated by the FBI. After reading the transcript from Amy, I think CA may have been stealing gas to use in whoever's car she was driving. She was using Tony's jeep while he was in New York, right?? She had severed all ties with her parents at this point, and she had no job - thus the need to steal gas to put into whoever's vehicle she was driving at the time. How would she have been able to ask for gas money when she was lying to everyone about having a job?? Long story short - I think the gas cans were necessary to fuel the car she was currently bumming from someone. Now, where did she steal the gas from??? I can only say two words: 'rubber hose' - as in I bet she had one that she used to siphon gas from other cars, and I wish I had one to beat the truth out of her. :furious:

CaptLogic
09-24-2008, 11:26 PM

Maybe that was only because Mom called and she had not yet used the cans? So because she didn't have Dad's she needed to get some new cans?

If I was going to dispose of a body. I'd get as many gas cans as I could, and fill up those gas cans with gas. Enough gas so that I could take a very long drive in the middle of the night without having to stop at a gas station and get caught by video cameras. Then I would get a lot of food and I would take a long drive to somewhere random and remote. Dump the body so nobody would ever find it, or if they did it would be a long long time. Saving enough gas to drive back. Maybe some gas left over to burn some clothes or other evidence.

Then I'd park the car near a check cashing place with my wallet/keys on the front seat in the hopes that someone would at least break in or steal the car and give me some reasonable doubt.

Cher352
09-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Exactly what I have been thinking.

Has Tony pick her up as witness to the car not being in her possession, then plans to come back later move the car and torch it saying it must have been stolen....But the tow yard got there before she could execute her plan. She had a delay in finding new gas cans because her dad took back the gas cans she was going to use. Purchasing them was a last resort because KC did not want a record of it.

In fact she may have run out of gas intentionally the week before to set the stage that it was a common thing for her to run out of gas.

Lots of stolen cars torched here.

icherish
09-24-2008, 11:29 PM

I think you're right. She sure seemed to be preoccupied with gas cans. A fire would attract a lot of attention though- probably why she didn't go through with it.

tx_Dot
09-24-2008, 11:30 PM

Anyone know where the 'target' gas can ended up ??

JustJax
I had a dream like that last night that I just posted on the "dreams, visions, etc." thread. My mom was urging me to set my car on fire, and I did. I poured gasoline throughout the interior and tossed a match. I also drive a white hatchback, so I just assumed it was my car in the dream. BIZARRO I know!
Yep, I just posted back to you on that thread....very interesting.
Even if that was the case she will never admit it but I am curious if Prosecutors at her murder trial will lay that out as part of thier closing arguments....

YellowDog
I keep wondering if she wanted all of those cans full of gas so she could drive a long distance without having to stop at a gas station and be recognized and identified by someone later.

Law_girl41
09-24-2008, 11:31 PM
OOoh Absolut- this is good insight.......I was thinking along these lines too, see if it would make sense. It smelled so bad in that car that she didnt want Tony or anyone else at his apt building to catch on. She may have intended to torch it, and when she went back it was being towed or already towed. But this is why she didnt originally abandone it, right? She meant to. All the more reason why she tells Jesse- if my mother calls stay out of it! And the other time in July when shes out with friends for lunch that she says we have to leave because Lee is looking for me.....I am thinking she lost the oportunity to torch the car. LE would be able to test the cars gas guage at the time frame if there was a mechanical problem with the fuel guage. Which Im not saying isnt the case, but why all the gas cans and the one from target (AMY) is because SHE no longer could go home with a smelly car in that neighborhood without the risk of someone coming in contact with the car.

CaptLogic
09-24-2008, 11:31 PM

Has Tony pick her up as witness to the car not being in her possession, then plans to come back later move the car and torch it saying it must have been stolen....But the tow yard got there before she could execute her plan. She had a delay in finding new gas cans because her dad took back the gas cans she was going to use. Purchasing them was a last resort because KC did not want a record of it.

In fact she may have run out of gas intentionally the week before to set the stage that it was a common thing for her to run out of gas.

True, burning the car would have at least gotten rid of the DNA/odor evidence. But setting a car on fire seems a tad risky to me. Maybe she got scared and bailed, then just left her purse and keys.

JustJax
09-24-2008, 11:32 PM
I think you're right. She sure seemed to be preoccupied with gas cans. A fire would attract a lot of attention though- probably why she didn't go through with it.
I agree, I think she chickened out and figured she could BS her way out of it with the squirrel story. She had so many folks believing all of her cock and bull stories for so long I think she thought she could pull this off.

ketel0ne
09-24-2008, 11:35 PM
I agree, I think she chickened out and figured she could BS her way out of it with the squirrel story. She had so many folks believing all of her cock and bull stories for so long I think she thought she could pull this off.

Squirrel story June 27th to Amy is the same time she left the car at the Amscot but before the 3 contacts about gas cans after leaving the Pontiac. 28th-30th.

Law_girl41
09-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Oh could it be this............cause she tells AMy prior about the smell, set the stage for Amy to get a gas can and drop her off at her car......just in case Amy smells it...BUT when they get to the Amscot its gone on the 28th? But theres nothing in the statement asked about what happened after they bought a gas can at Target??? grrr

ketel0ne
09-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Oh could it be this............cause she tells AMy prior about the smell, set the stage for Amy to get a gas can and drop her off at her car......just in case Amy smells it...BUT when they get to the Amscot its gone on the 28th? But theres nothing in the statement asked about what happened after they bought a gas can at Target??? grrr

Wasn't towed til the 30th. Same day Tony flew out in the morning to NY and Casey headed to Amy's and Target. But it could have been gone when they got there, would love to hear that story.

Oakley
09-24-2008, 11:37 PM

She might have given it back to Amy. If you read Amy's interview, she says that her gas can was in storage but it is always good to have an extra one around. So the plan was for KC to use it and then give it back to Amy. Funny, someone posted that they never owned a gas can. Neither have I.

Oakley
09-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Squirrel story June 27th to Amy is the same time she left the car at the Amscot but before the 3 contacts about gas cans after leaving the Pontiac. 28th-30th.

That was also around the same time she told Amy that the squirrel (or dead animal) was plastered under the car and she had gotten rid of it. There was no mention after that of the smell. There's been speculation that the dumpster at the Amscot is where she disposed of Caylee's body.

tx_Dot
09-24-2008, 11:44 PM
I keep wondering if she wanted all of those cans full of gas so she could drive a long distance without having to stop at a gas station and be recognized and identified by someone later.

Remember Casey returned the two small cans to George on the 24th......the one new can wasn't purchased until the 30th..........also we can account for the car from the 27th on, so *if* it held a body, the body was removed by the 27th.

SuziQ
09-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Good thoughts here. It could be possible that KC did intend to burn the car up and later claim it was stolen. That would certainly solve the problem of how to get rid of the car and the dna. There was no other way to get rid of dna and the smell, no matter how much cleaning she did. Unfortunately, the car was towed before she had the chance to take care of it. If this is the case, then how does the theft of her dad's gas cans much earlier fit in?

Cher352
09-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Probably would have moved it to woods or a grove before torching. A lot of that done here in FL with stolen cars.

Her leaving at Amscot was her way of saying "Hey that is where I left it, just ask Tony"

Burning is the only way she could of gotten rid of all the evidence.

EastSideOfSaddness
09-24-2008, 11:47 PM

Remember the one that Joseph J found (I think it was him) at Blanchard Park? :eek:

Shutterfly
09-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Her fixation on gas cans has fascinated me from the beginning of this case. My first thought, was that she had burned the body, but there would have been some sort of evidence of that in the car, I think....even if it were traces on her clothes or seat cushions, which I am sure have been extensively evaluated by the FBI. After reading the transcript from Amy, I think CA may have been stealing gas to use in whoever's car she was driving. She was using Tony's jeep while he was in New York, right?? She had severed all ties with her parents at this point, and she had no job - thus the need to steal gas to put into whoever's vehicle she was driving at the time. How would she have been able to ask for gas money when she was lying to everyone about having a job?? Long story short - I think the gas cans were necessary to fuel the car she was currently bumming from someone. Now, where did she steal the gas from??? I can only say two words: 'rubber hose' - as in I bet she had one that she used to siphon gas from other cars, and I wish I had one to beat the truth out of her. :furious:

Only problem I can see with that is that 90% of cars over the year, say 1985, have screens inserted into the tank pipe to prevent this very thing. You can't get a hose in there.

Law_girl41
09-24-2008, 11:49 PM
Wasn't towed til the 30th. Same day Tony flew out in the morning to NY and Casey headed to Amy's and Target. But it could have been gone when they got there, would love to hear that story.

Right! Sorwy, I am getting my dates mixed up because there are so many to keep up with. My mind is spinning. So true about the 30th....but still, Who IS toting Casey around, she cant be walking........the food, the gas can who took her where those couple days? AND why doesnt the docs show LE asking those questions!:furious:

cartoonsky
09-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Remember Casey returned the two small cans to George on the 24th......the one new can wasn't purchased until the 30th..........also we can account for the car from the 27th on, so *if* it held a body, the body was removed by the 27th.

i dont think she retured them, he Found them in her car??!

MD MOMMY
09-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Remember the one that Joseph J found (I think it was him) at Blanchard Park? :eek:

Yes I remember that...OMG I wonder if that was it?

SuziQ
09-24-2008, 11:51 PM
What I would give to be able to view the security recordings from Amscot. They are most likely digital and easily saved. So they should have been available to view so far after the fact. IIRC, in the 400 page docs LE requested the recordings, but no mention of them after that.

ketel0ne
09-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Right! Sorwy, I am getting my dates mixed up because there are so many to keep up with. My mind is spinning. So true about the 30th....but still, Who IS toting Casey around, she cant be walking........the food, the gas can who took her where those couple days? AND why doesnt the docs show LE asking those questions!:furious:

On the 30th she had Tony's jeep and drove it the whole time he was in NY, til the 5th. Then on the 8th got Amy's car.

tx_Dot
She might have given it back to Amy. If you read Amy's interview, she says that her gas can was in storage but it is always good to have an extra one around. So the plan was for KC to use it and then give it back to Amy. Funny, someone posted that they never owned a gas can. Neither have I.

Yep, Amy could have it, I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure, as one of the search teams found one in Blanchard Park IIRC......

NO GAS CANS ??? (hard to believe !!) We have 4/5 at all times.

SuziQ
Only problem I can see with that is that 90% of cars over the year, say 1985, have screens inserted into the tank pipe to prevent this very thing. You can't get a hose in there.

True. Because of that, gas thieves are resorting to drilling into gas tanks to steal from them. :eek:

ketel0ne
09-24-2008, 11:55 PM

He says he got them back from Casey on the 24th.

ShinaLite
09-24-2008, 11:55 PM

I remember something in Any's interview about a call or text from Casey telling her the car had already been towed and her father was going to take care of it (ie get it out of tow I guess)

I was under the impression from that statement that Amy helped her get the gas can but didnt take her to the car...

Law_girl41
09-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Good thoughts here. It could be possible that KC did intend to burn the car up and later claim it was stolen. That would certainly solve the problem of how to get rid of the car and the dna. There was no other way to get rid of dna and the smell, no matter how much cleaning she did. Unfortunately, the car was towed before she had the chance to take care of it. If this is the case, then how does the theft of her dad's gas cans much earlier fit in?

:waitasec: Not sure.......but she wouldnt of had much money for gas to drive around anyway. Well, no money until she stole cash from Amy. The cc's she has from her mother was jcpenny & stuff. I'm thinking Casey really didnt have any money as in gas money until Amy left for PR, but she may have stole a few bucks here and there along with food from home. LA claimed she was going into the house often stealing & getting clothes.

Luzer
09-24-2008, 11:57 PM

Because that would take effort on her part. It is much easier for her to do her thing, and then when a problem arises, you call someone else to take care of your problem. Plus, when someone takes care of your problem, it shows that they love you.

tx_Dot
09-24-2008, 11:59 PM

LOL....great minds .....I just posted the same thing.

Maybe we should PM J. Jordan & ask him if the 'found' gas can looked new ??

Only thing, 'new' or not, if it didn't have holes in it, it's long gone by now, I'm sure. (IIRC searchers did not collect it)

SoCalSleuth
With all the gas cans she had why not just put gas in the car? Or have Tony drop off gas as opposed to picking her up? That's what a normal person would have done. But why didn't she? She intentionally chose to abandon the car. The obvious reason is that it stunk of death and she couldn't rid the car of the smell and it contained evidence of Caylee's death. But what did she think was going to happen if she left it there? Has anyone ever confirmed that the car was out of gas?

Oakley

She used TL's Jeep while he was in NY (June 30 - July 5th.) And she used AH's car the week she was away (July 8-15.)

ShinaLite
09-25-2008, 12:00 AM
:waitasec: Not sure.......but she wouldnt of had much money for gas to drive around anyway. Well, no money until she stole cash from Amy. The cc's she has from her mother was jcpenny & stuff. I'm thinking Casey really didnt have any money as in gas money until Amy left for PR, but she may have stole a few bucks here and there along with food from home. LA claimed she was going into the house often stealing & getting clothes.

right..I think that's why she stole the gas cans from the dad...free gas...and the second time..the gas can with amy..I think she did intend on going back to the car and filling it up because it was out of gas....but it had been towed before she could accomplish that...I now don't think she purposely ditched that car there...

SoCalSleuth

In someone's statement just released I'm pretty sure that person indicated KC gave the cans back on the 20th and GA was full of it.

Pondering Mind

hmmm ...now that's a thought worth pondering!

Law_girl41
09-25-2008, 12:01 AM
On the 30th she had Tony's jeep and drove it the whole time he was in NY, til the 5th. Then on the 8th got Amy's car.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

UGH! This is so tiring.....so we are looking at the dates the 27th to the 30th. We need those cell phone records or text from Amy & Tony and of course Casey because someone drove her by the car at Amscot on the 30th- (the car was towed on the 30th correct??). I mean the real time stamps too. that will help close the gaps. :crazy:

ketel0ne
09-25-2008, 12:02 AM
With all the gas cans she had why not just put gas in the car? Or have Tony drop off gas as opposed to picking her up? That's what a normal person would have done. But why didn't she? She intentionally chose to abandon the car. The obvious reason is that it stunk of death and she couldn't rid the car of the smell and it contained evidence of Caylee's death. But what did she think was going to happen if she left it there? Has anyone ever confirmed that the car was out of gas?

George put gas in it to get it home. (He brought a can with him to the tow yard)

but what I question is, if she abandoned it, why the 3 attempts to get a gas can and go back to it.

Law_girl41
09-25-2008, 12:02 AM
In someone's statement just released I'm pretty sure that person indicated KC gave the cans back on the 20th and GA was full of it.

yes, Lee said it. IIRC

Oakley
09-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Yep, Amy could have it, I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure, as one of the search teams found one in Blanchard Park IIRC......

NO GAS CANS ??? (hard to believe !!) We have 4/5 at all times.

Well with problems we have been having getting gas here in the southeast, I might have to buy some.

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 12:04 AM

In th new docs. IIRC Lee now says that Casey returned the cans to George on the 24th BEFORE he could get close enough to maybe smell the car.....
I think Lee qoutes her as sayin' """Here's your FU***** cans"""".

ketel0ne
09-25-2008, 12:04 AM

I believe Tony and Casey went to hopespring and got gas cans on the 20th, and in Lee's statement he backs up Casey giving george the cans back on the 24th.

cheko1
09-25-2008, 12:05 AM
I also thought that KC was going to torch the car / she definately TRIED to cover her crime up.

cartoonsky
09-25-2008, 12:06 AM
In th new docs. IIRC Lee now says that Casey returned the cans to George on the 24th BEFORE he could get close enough to maybe smell the car.....

oh, was that in the 600 pages?

CaptLogic
09-25-2008, 12:07 AM

She was pissed off that her Dad interrupted her planned use of the cans, I think. She didn't use them by this point. She got a call from Mom about the police report, etc. That's the only reason she returned them. So after this, she still needed some cans and using Dad's wasn't going to work for her.

ketel0ne
09-25-2008, 12:08 AM

Transcript of Lee Anthony interview on July 29, 2008 (http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/092308leeanthony/indexGallery.htm)

ketel0ne
09-25-2008, 12:10 AM
She was pissed off that her Dad interrupted her planned use of the cans, I think. She didn't use them by this point. She got a call from Mom about the police report, etc. That's the only reason she returned them. So after this, she still needed some cans and using Dad's wasn't going to work for her.

Actually her and tony went there to get them on the 20th because the pontiac was out of gas, I am pretty sure she used them. Since on the 24th she was in the Pontiac. She handed him empty cans. IMO.

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 12:11 AM

In Tony's new statement he says he took Casey to get the gas cans on the 20th....(that's why Casey remarks about running out of gas 2 Fridays in a row...20th & 27th)

In Lee's new statement he says Casey returned the cans to George on the 24th (Here's your fu***** cans).

ShinaLite
09-25-2008, 12:11 AM
I believe Tony and Casey went to hopespring and got gas cans on the 20th, and in Lee's statement he backs up Casey giving george the cans back on the 24th.

right hense her comment about running out of gas 2 Friday's in a row,..Tony went with her to the gp's house to get those cans and probably took her back to her car to fill it up and get it going again so to me, I do think that she used the gas for that only...I wonder if she ran out of gas the second time after driving around all night looking for a place uggh..to put Caylee?
That text to Amy about taking care of the smell on that same day is very suspious to me...If Caylee was in that trunk those few days before, is this what she had really taken care of??

MiraclesHappen
09-25-2008, 12:16 AM

Wasn't that back before the rains started ? When FL was still under fire alert and a lit match tossed carelessly could burn 1000 acres...Didn't want the attention or investigation if so.

EastSideOfSaddness
09-25-2008, 12:17 AM
LOL....great minds .....I just posted the same thing.

Maybe we should PM J. Jordan & ask him if the 'found' gas can looked new ??

Only thing, 'new' or not, if it didn't have holes in it, it's long gone by now, I'm sure. (IIRC searchers did not collect it)

I was just going to say, IIRC when seeing the pic I remember thinking how new it looked. I could be wrong though, let me find the pic of it---BRB

sweetmop
09-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Well with problems we have been having getting gas here in the southeast, I might have to buy some.
Boy that's the truth! I waited for an hour and 45 minutes today, and finally got some! They had a $25.00 limit on amount.
Yesterday I waited about an hour and 20 minutes and they ran out before I got to the pumps!
It's kind of scarey! And I sure don't understand why we have a shortage!

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 12:19 AM

No Joke....I'm 150 miles from the TX coast, but we saw many evacuee's w/ gas cans tied to the top of cars etc during the IKE evac......after Katrina & Rita many small towns in TX were out of gas, the evac's bought it all up.

Maybe Casey was getting ready for a hurricane.......LOL (prolly the one you can drink)

leandjl
09-25-2008, 12:19 AM

She have been using Cindy's cc to purchase things and then returning them for cash so she would have had some money.

MiraclesHappen
09-25-2008, 12:20 AM

How do we know she used the Dad-gas when it was stolen. She may have been hoarding it for a planned later purpose.

EastSideOfSaddness
09-25-2008, 12:23 AM
Here's the gas can that JJ found on one of the searches.

http://www.josephsjordan.com/caylee/Caylee007.JPG

EDIT: I guess it doesn't look as new as I thought. There's white stuff (probably from the sun) on the top. hummm

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 12:25 AM

Yep, Tony says he takes her home on the 20th to get the cans......

and Lee says, Casey returned the cans to George ( 24th) BEFORE he could get close enough to smell the car........quotes her as saying ''here's your fu***** cans''.

sweetmop
09-25-2008, 12:25 AM

EDIT: I guess it doesn't look as new as I thought. There's white stuff (probably from the sun) on the top. hummm
I don't know... it looks pretty new to me.

SuziQ
09-25-2008, 12:27 AM
How do we know she used the Dad-gas when it was stolen. She may have been hoarding it for a planned later purpose.

It would be interesting to know how much gas was still in the cans when GA got them back.

And I'm still puzzling over Lee's statement that Casey gave them back vs. George saying he took them back out of the car. Somehow I'm still thinking GA took them back when he got the car back from impound.

suspicious mind
09-25-2008, 12:29 AM
If she didn't intend to abandon it, why didn't she have tl take her to get gas/cans immediately? and who drives around with frozen food from home? I think the gas can bs was just a way to get gas for tl's car. her car was way too staged with the purse and all.

Bathbuddys
09-25-2008, 12:30 AM
exactly what i have been thinking.

Has tony pick her up as witness to the car not being in her possession, then plans to come back later move the car and torch it saying it must have been stolen....but the tow yard got there before she could execute her plan. She had a delay in finding new gas cans because her dad took back the gas cans she was going to use. Purchasing them was a last resort because kc did not want a record of it.

one word here!!!! Alibi! Alibi! Alibi!

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 12:31 AM

Tony says she was out of gas on the 20th, that's why he took her home to get the cans..........Casey was texting people on the 27th saying "what are the odds, I could run out of gas 2 Friday's in a row ??'.

I personally don't think Casey could drive too far ALONE by herself, & stay off the phone & texting.........she seems to always need an audience or on her way to find one.

Reannan
09-25-2008, 12:34 AM
I would give everything I own to know if there is any security video of Casey leaving her parents car at the Amscott. I can see a situation where she runs out of gas at the Amscott with Caylee's body in the trunk. She panicks, looks frantically around, and sees a convenient dumpster. She tosses the body into the dumpster and leaves in such a hurry that her purse and keys are left in the vehicle. Why else would she have left her purse in the car? If I place myself inside her twisted mind (a disgusting place to be), I can see her thinking, well.....if I ever get caught, I can say I was carjacked. Her behavior of leaving the car at the Amscott with her purse, and then trying to get gas cans a few days latter when she was driving around in Tony's jeep just tells me she was flat broke and was somehow using those cans to get gas for whatever she was driving. Maybe you can't siphon gas easily anymore (I plan on trying tomorrow), but I bet she could wear a short skirt and get some guy at a gas station to buy her sob story and purchase a can of gas for her. I know her type in that respect. :rolleyes:

CaptLogic
09-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Actually her and tony went there to get them on the 20th because the pontiac was out of gas, I am pretty sure she used them. Since on the 24th she was in the Pontiac. She handed him empty cans. IMO.

Perhaps, but everything is a lie with KC. She didn't really run out of gas. That was an excuse to tell Tony to get the cans in the first place. I'm sure she was lying to Tony about cans and gas.

suspicious mind
09-25-2008, 12:37 AM
maybe she was just desperate to be with tony, and running out of gas was a good way to solidify plans with him on fusian fridays. she was obsessed with this guy, she made him give her a meaningless job as a "shot girl manager" for cryin out loud. It's just like leaving a tshirt behind, perhaps a desperate attempt at getting a date.
I mena, she cooked, cleaned, and spent hours on the computer promoting that lame bar for him. what's that movie with the crazy lady who messes with the married guy and kills the little girl's bunny? that's kc at 50 (if she weren't in prison)

MiraclesHappen
It would be interesting to know how much gas was still in the cans when GA got them back.

And I'm still puzzling over Lee's statement that Casey gave them back vs. George saying he took them back out of the car. Somehow I'm still thinking GA took them back when he got the car back from impound.

Didn't GVS elicit a long drawn out story about the return of the gas cans? I think it was George. Cindy seemed to be coaching??? Could be wrong. There's a bulletin:)

Maybe Casey was hoarding gas and needed extra gas cans to store it somewhere, hidden away, till she needed it for her plan. She could not count on having the $$ to buy it if and when she needed it.
If gas were an integral ingredient and necessary for her to execute her plot, she'd have to accumulate it ahead of time to be on the safe side.

Cerenity2u
What bothers me is the fact that an employee of Amscot stated she first saw KC's car parked by the dumpsters at approx. 7:00am on the morning of the 27th, yet if Tony did not pick KC up until around 11:00am, where was KC right before the car was spotted until the time Tony picked her up from that location? We are talking at least a 4 hour difference. Also Tony claims that KC was standing outside of her car, hold a bag of groceries. He stated that the bags looked like bags she just tood from her home, as they were not from any particular store. He claimed the bags contained Tyson chicken and freezy pops, that appeared to come from her house. So how and when did she go to her home to get food, and get back to her abandoned car for Tony to pick her up?

Spangle
09-25-2008, 12:38 AM

Bingo!

That is why it's known that liers talk to much. It's because they are telling the other person what to focus on. Either with their sight, smell, touch, etc. And explaining what they think they see/hear/touch, etc. In this case, it's telling the person what to believe the smell is from. BEFORE the person has a chance to 'think' and come to their own explanation.

IT's also why she says where Caylee is, before asked. It stops questions/thinking. Subject opened then closed, all in a 'controlled' manor. Everyone 'feels' like it's been discussed.. and it doesn't come up again.

CaptLogic
09-25-2008, 12:40 AM
I would give everything I own to know if there is any security video of Casey leaving her parents car at the Amscott. I can see a situation where she runs out of gas at the Amscott with Caylee's body in the trunk. She panicks, looks frantically around, and sees a convenient dumpster. She tosses the body into the dumpster and leaves in such a hurry that her purse and keys are left in the vehicle. Why else would she have left her purse in the car? If I place myself inside her twisted mind (a disgusting place to be), I can see her thinking, well.....if I ever get caught, I can say I was carjacked. Her behavior of leaving the car at the Amscott with her purse, and then trying to get gas cans a few days latter when she was driving around in Tony's jeep just tells me she was flat broke and was somehow using those cans to get gas for whatever she was driving. Maybe you can't siphon gas easily anymore (I plan on trying tomorrow), but I bet she could wear a short skirt and get some guy at a gas station to buy her sob story and purchase a can of gas for her. I know her type in that respect. :rolleyes:

I think this was planned. KC is good at deception and lying. So planning out how to get rid of the body would have been something she would be good at. Lie over lie, weave in some truth and facts from other aspects of her life to make it confusing, a little bit of this or that... that's how it's done.

Although, leaving the car there may have been a mistake she didn't count on. That is how she got caught, so logically she didn't plan that.

CaptLogic
09-25-2008, 12:43 AM
What bothers me is the fact that an employee of Amscot stated she first saw KC's car parked by the dumpsters at approx. 7:00am on the morning of the 27th, yet if Tony did not pick KC up until around 11:00am, where was KC right before the car was spotted until the time Tony picked her up from that location? We are talking at least a 4 hour difference. Also Tony claims that KC was standing outside of her car, hold a bag of groceries. He stated that the bags looked like bags she just tood from her home, as they were not from any particular store. He claimed the bags contained Tyson chicken and freezy pops, that appeared to come from her house. So how and when did she go to her home to get food, and get back to her abandoned car for Tony to pick her up?

Do they have buses? How far is it from there to her home?

Spangle
09-25-2008, 12:43 AM
In Tony's new statement he says he took Casey to get the gas cans on the 20th....(that's why Casey remarks about running out of gas 2 Fridays in a row...20th & 27th)

In Lee's new statement he says Casey returned the cans to George on the 24th (Here's your fu***** cans).

Didn't GA claim the shed was broken into when the gas cans was stolen?

suspicious mind
09-25-2008, 12:44 AM
I wonder if there is anyone out there who has actually ever had a dead squirrel plastered to the frame of their car? Is this even possible or doe it go against every law of physics? if you ran over it....nah...if it crawled up in the motor...nah..hmmmmm

MiraclesHappen

I still think she may have parked the car at Amscot and let it idle till it ran out of gas.

Maybe she didn't have the foresight to realize that having it run out of gas (having set the stage for that, as Cher says and getting herself picked up for that reason) was not going to jive with leaving it to be stolen. Could just be poor planning. People make really dumb mistakes if they cannot handle pressure.
Not that the squirrel story isn't the smoothest thing I've ever heard.

CaptLogic
I still think she parked the car at Amscot and let it idle till it ran out of gas.

Maybe she didn't have the foresight to realize that having it run out of gas (setting the stage for that and getting herself picked up for that reason) was not going to jive with leaving it to be stolen. Could just be poor planning. Not that the squirrel story isn't the smoothest thing I've ever heard.

Letting it idle might account for the 7am-11am time difference, if she truly didn't know how much gas was in it.

Baznme

KC had over $200 dollars in her wallet when the police came to the house after Cindy had called. Cindy took the money out of the wallet, remember? I think that would have been KC's way of later saying, "I didn't buy any gas can"......I don't know what you're talking about. That's maybe why she corralled Amy into doing it.

Also, I think maybe she didn't follow thru with taking that car out and torching it as she would have had to take it out so far, how would she get back? That would be KC, worrying about her own butt.

El Gato
09-25-2008, 12:45 AM
argh...the freakin gas cans!!! :)

tx_Dot

IF the cans were still in the car after the 24th, why would Casey be calling around for 3 (27th-30th) days looking for another gas can ??

Lady Loves Lurking
I think.

I think she did live in a Fantasy World. One that was self-serving. One where Caylee never existed.

I just think you guys are giving her too much credit tonight.

:runaway:

mommya
09-25-2008, 12:46 AM
About the purse left in the car - was it empty? Cuz the stuff dumped on the floor - when cindy pocketed the cash and all that - that stuff came from a bag taken from Tony's didn't it? That seemed like purse stuff.

Spangle
09-25-2008, 12:48 AM
No Joke....I'm 150 miles from the TX coast, but we saw many evacuee's w/ gas cans tied to the top of cars etc during the IKE evac......after Katrina & Rita many small towns in TX were out of gas, the evac's bought it all up.

Maybe Casey was getting ready for a hurricane.......LOL (prolly the one you can drink)

Having a gas can for emergency is part of the "Hurricane Planning Guide lists" that are passed out. Before a storm, Folks are told to fill up their tanks, just in case one needs to evacuate. The gas cans are for the same reason. Also, if electricity is out, the Gas stations can not pump gas.

So it wouldn't be odd for AH to have 1 stored away. Not in Florida.

suspicious mind
09-25-2008, 12:48 AM
if only the helpful folks who pushed her car into the parking lot would come forward.

MiraclesHappen
09-25-2008, 12:50 AM
I wonder if there is anyone out there who has actually ever had a dead squirrel plastered to the frame of their car? Is this even possible or doe it go against every law of physics? if you ran over it....nah...if it crawled up in the motor...nah..hmmmmm

If you have an impact with a larger object in the road, such as a pedestrian, it is not unusual for the pedestrian to be picked up (plastered to the grill) and carried a ways, say like 30 feet and then dumped on the pavement with tremendous force.

That's the correct physics of it, according to what I've been told by LE investigating fatal accidents.
I also saw it happen in real life; I happened to be there. The victim was an 11 year old who was picked up by a vehicle's grill and carried. The head injuries were fatal. One of the worst things I have ever seen. I eneded up jumping out of my car and directing traffic around the child in the road., What a scene. I still see it in slo mo.
But the squirrel would just go under the tires. Interesting she knows what happens when a human is struck at a high enough rate of speed, depending on size.

How freakin big was this squirrel.

MiraclesHappen
09-25-2008, 12:51 AM
Letting it idle might account for the 7am-11am time difference, if she truly didn't know how much gas was in it.

Yup that's how I explain the time diff in that theory.

Baznme
09-25-2008, 12:52 AM

I don't think she did go home at all. I think whoever she stayed with that night before has a Tyson chicken and a freezepops missing.

Spangle
09-25-2008, 12:53 AM

I have heard of cats getting up there. Which pretty much says a squirrel could. I just never heard of a squirrel wanting to.... Plenty of cat stories.... no squirrel stories. This is the first for me.

El Gato
09-25-2008, 12:53 AM

We hit a deer once and the deer lived to the point 'it left the scene of the accident' lol, we still had damage to the car..lol

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 12:54 AM
Didn't GA claim the shed was broken into when the gas cans was stolen?

Yep, that's what GA said, but he also said it happened between the 22nd & the 24th, he reported it on the 24th.....

but if we believe what TonE now says, Casey got the gas cans on the 20th.

(LOL...guess GA keeps up w/fashion better than he does his gas cans)

Reannan
09-25-2008, 12:55 AM
I think this was planned. KC is good at deception and lying. So planning out how to get rid of the body would have been something she would be good at. Lie over lie, weave in some truth and facts from other aspects of her life to make it confusing, a little bit of this or that... that's how it's done.

Although, leaving the car there may have been a mistake she didn't count on. That is how she got caught, so logically she didn't plan that.

I totally agree! I can't help but remember how she lied to the police officers as they followed her down the hall way at Universal Studio to "her office" that didn't even exist! I can't even fathom the psyche of someone who thinks they can accompany LE to a fake office and get away with it!!! The absurdity and boldness of her actions that we know to be factual, allow me to believe that she ran out of gas at the Amscott with Caylee's body inside and then dumped the body in the dumpster, apparently go walk around for a period of 4 hours, purchase groceries, call Tony, and have him come and pick her up as if nothing was amiss, except running out of gas! You and I could NEVER do that - but I would NEVER lead LE down a hallway to an office that never existed. This case will be a landmark case for psychology students for the rest of mankind's history.

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 12:57 AM

Hard to tell....too bad they didn't collect it.

the by and by
09-25-2008, 12:58 AM
Did anyone else notice the pretty little blue flowers around the red gas can. Did someone mention the color blue being of some significance on another thread? I always thought the gas cans sent a red flag up for me from the beginning. Wonder if her search for chloroform had anything to do with needing gas for clean-up or to mask the odor.

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 12:59 AM
I still think she may have parked the car at Amscot and let it idle till it ran out of gas.

Maybe she didn't have the foresight to realize that having it run out of gas (having set the stage for that, as Cher says and getting herself picked up for that reason) was not going to jive with leaving it to be stolen. Could just be poor planning. People make really dumb mistakes if they cannot handle pressure.
Not that the squirrel story isn't the smoothest thing I've ever heard.

Maybe the plan was not to have it stolen, but to have it broken into...to make it look like it had been stolen. Was her purse left on the seat in clear view?

Reannan
09-25-2008, 12:59 AM

I like you MiaraclesHappen! Glad you are here at WS's. Sorry about what you had to witness, but I am impressed that you got out of your car and helped - you fit in nicely here. :blowkiss:

Baznme
09-25-2008, 01:00 AM
Yep, that's what GA said, but he also said it happened between the 22nd & the 24th, he reported it on the 24th.....

That's also the last time BB (the neighbor) saw KC at the house, the 20th but it was with someone in a small pickup truck, (green he thinks). White male driving with dark hair.

El Gato
09-25-2008, 01:01 AM
I think.

I think she did live in a Fantasy World. One that was self-serving. One where Caylee never existed.

I just think you guys are giving her too much credit tonight.

:runaway:

Not me! I feel she is in deep doodie and deserves it. I don't claim that lightly either.

She made her bed.

The end....

Baznme
09-25-2008, 01:01 AM
Maybe the plan was not to have it stolen, but to have it broken into...to make it look like it had been stolen. Was her purse left on the seat in clear view?

Yes and I believe the keys also.

Spangle
09-25-2008, 01:03 AM

To versions of the same story. GA demanded them (took them). KC coughed them up (gave them) She didn't really have a choice, he was going to take them out of her trunk anyway. Which is why GA says he 'took'. Plus as I understand it, he was the one who had to take them out of the trunk, etc. She was there, but he did the lifting. <shrug>

He had them when the car was impounded. He was told it was out of gas and brought the gas cans to the tow yard. Since they had not talked to KC yet, I'm not sure how they knew it ran out of gas yet. Or if they just assumed that was why it was left there. That was in the first set of documents released. Until they were told the car was at the tow yard, they thought she was in North Florida.

Baznme
09-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Not me! I feel she is in deep doodie and deserves it. I don't claim that lightly either.

She made her bed.

The end....

I have faith that LE has what they need to charge her but I'm not real sure at this point. I keep looking to see if TES is coming back. On the radio broadcast, I thought I heard TM say in about a week but I haven't seen anything on here to back that up. We need to find this baby I think to clench this case. Does anyone know?

Busylady
09-25-2008, 01:07 AM
i think she didnt tell Tony it was out of gas that day because she didnt want him going close to the car and smelling it. I think she had every intention of getting the car back after it "aired" out but by that time it had been towed.

If her wallet was left in the car, then how did LA pick that up from Tony's house the night it was reported to the police that Caylee was missing. Remember CinA was looking in the wallet took the cash and the police officer grabbed some kind of id from it per LA interview with police.

Baznme
09-25-2008, 01:09 AM
i think she didnt tell Tony it was out of gas that day because she didnt want him going close to the car and smelling it. I think she had every intention of getting the car back after it "aired" out but by that time it had been towed.

If her wallet was left in the car, then how did LA pick that up from Tony's house the night it was reported to the police that Caylee was missing. Remember CinA was looking in the wallet took the cash and the police officer grabbed some kind of id from it per LA interview with police.

Her wallet was in her backpack or whatever it was at Tony's. Her purse was left in the car.

El Gato
09-25-2008, 01:09 AM
I have faith that LE has what they need to charge her but I'm not real sure at this point. I keep looking to see if TES is coming back. On the radio broadcast, I thought I heard TM say in about a week but I haven't seen anything on here to back that up. We need to find this baby I think to clench this case. Does anyone know?

Yeah, I have all my faith in Orange County,

I think they know what they are doing.

But gosh,,,the suspense is very overwhelming.

:D

Luzer
09-25-2008, 01:10 AM
From first hand experience living with a female teen/young twenties sociopath, Casey probably used the gas cans several times to fuel her car. (Why did George suddenly decide to lock the shed after June 16? Tough Love?) She was living at home before, though, so she could just open the shed and fill up when Mom and Dad were gone when she could not get gas very easily any other way. Or she might have taken coins from change jars at the house or something else to get gas. But, since she wasn't staying overnights at the house anymore after June 15/16, she had to come back on the 20th to get the cans as she did not have any other way to get funds for fuel. I don't think she was conniving to get gas cans to burn the car. Even though it was 10 years old, that car was what she drove.

I think she started the dead animal story in case someone came in contact with her car. She knew she needed some kind of cover. She had probably been starting to formulate different scenarios for Caylee being gone. She had just not decided on the best course for her.

In my opinion, Caylee died in the trunk and Casey left her there for several days, trying to figure out the best scenario for Casey to tell. Then, Casey ran out of gas again because it is just too much trouble to watch your gauge and pay for gas yourself. She got the car into the parking lot, and disposed of Caylee, then planted the foodstuffs for an explanation of the rotten smell. (I know she told Amy about the dead animal, but by this time, Casey is on a new lie and the old lie of a dead animal does not matter to her anymore.) Or, (which I hate to think about) she left Caylee's body in the car, and the garbage just happened to be in the car (hoping the car would be stolen in the parking lot but wasn't) and George found the body after he picked up the car from impound and he disposed of the body. I don't know if the death smell would still be as strong after 2 weeks in impound without a body - that is something that needs to be addressed.

All of us have to remember that when dealing with a sociopath, what happens in any situation is of no consequence to the sociopath as long as the sociopath gets to keep on doing what they want and getting what they want. For the most part, sociopaths don't sit around planning elaborate schemes to cover up what they have done, because in their mind, whatever they do is just fine. They only come up with a scheme when they are called on their actions or they realize that what they have done is so heinous they need a plan in place to cover their actions.

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 01:10 AM
About the purse left in the car - was it empty? Cuz the stuff dumped on the floor - when cindy pocketed the cash and all that - that stuff came from a bag taken from Tony's didn't it? That seemed like purse stuff.

Early on IIRC Casey told Lee something about purses.......I think about the missing sim card.....I've always thought this purse in the car was not her 'everyday' purse.......& yes, When Cindy emptied the bag Casey's wallet was there, w/her DL & *maybe* a phony ID (per LEE), credit cards & money.

Baznme
09-25-2008, 01:11 AM
Yeah, I have all my faith in Orange County,

I think they know what they are doing.

But gosh,,,the suspense is very overwhelming.

:D

Well, I do too but I was wondering if anyone had heard any more solid info as to when TES was coming back to Orlando. If we could just find where she put her, she surely would be answering for what she has done.

Spangle
09-25-2008, 01:12 AM

There is also the possiblity that the shed was broken into during that time. Only the gas cans were not stolen. GA reported what he seen missing. Not knowing his daughter took them days earlier.

Baznme
09-25-2008, 01:14 AM
Early on IIRC Casey told Lee something about purses.......I think about the missing sim card.....I've always thought this purse in the car was not her 'everyday' purse.......& yes, When Cindy emptied the bag Casey's wallet was there, w/her DL & *maybe* a phony ID (per LEE), credit cards & money.

From the video's I've seen of KC going from/to the attorney's office, she doesn't carry a purse. Seems to be a (white) backpack. Which brings to mind that GA said that the 16th, the day he saw KC and Caylee leaving that KC had a black backpack. Haven't seen that anywhere in photos but I did see one recovered from Blanchard Park in the pic's.

Cerenity2u
09-25-2008, 01:15 AM
I don't think she did go home at all. I think whoever she stayed with that night before has a Tyson chicken and a freezepops missing.

Good point, she had to be staying somewhere on the 26th. Guess I need to go back and find out more about the 26th, and all the whos, wheres, and whats. I think the date of the 26th is an important one, considering the car was abandoned, and spotted at the amscott so early in the morning on the 27th. The report also indicated that the car remained in the parking lot for 3 days before it was towed to impound.

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 01:18 AM
Yes and I believe the keys also.

I missed where it was stated that the keys were in the car.

Leve
09-25-2008, 01:19 AM

Well, since you asked. In 1990 my Husband ran over a dead dog in a 1980 Firebird Espirit (Yellowbird Edition :crazy:). The animal went under the car and actually did damage to the transimission. My Husband says the "meat" was all the way down the center of the car starting behind the front tires. He cleaned it up and although the transmission was still messed up there was absolutely no smell the next day. We just sold that car a few months ago.

And since I had to tell him why I was asking about it he states that a squirrel would not hit a frame of a car. If you hit a squirrel you hit it with your tire and it pretty much gets "plastered" to the road.

RR0004
09-25-2008, 01:20 AM
Didn't GVS elicit a long drawn out story about the return of the gas cans? I think it was George. Cindy seemed to be coaching??? Could be wrong. There's a bulletin:)

Maybe Casey was hoarding gas and needed extra gas cans to store it somewhere, hidden away, till she needed it for her plan. She could not count on having the $$ to buy it if and when she needed it.
If gas were an integral ingredient and necessary for her to execute her plot, she'd have to accumulate it ahead of time to be on the safe side.
For some reason the gas cans were a big deal for the As right from the beginning. They were aware that LE would look to somehow connect them to the car- IMO they were greatly concerned they were dealing with a crime scene.

Reannan
09-25-2008, 01:21 AM
All of us have to remember that when dealing with a sociopath, what happens in any situation is of no consequence to the sociopath as long as the sociopath gets to keep on doing what they want and getting what they want. For the most part, sociopaths don't sit around planning elaborate schemes to cover up what they have done, because in their mind, whatever they do is just fine. They only come up with a scheme when they are called on their actions or they realize that what they have done is so heinous they need a plan in place to cover their actions.

Luzer - if you don't currently have a PHD in psychology, and if you aren't currently employed by the FBI as a profiler, then you should officially be awarded both for that statement!! You have nailed it!!! :clap:

CarrieBean
Must have been one of those flying squirrels

RR0004
Somewhere in all the docs, I read the As were unable to open the trunk, though, at the lot because they didn't have the key.

RR0004
09-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Well, I do too but I was wondering if anyone had heard any more solid info as to when TES was coming back to Orlando. If we could just find where she put her, she surely would be answering for what she has done.
It may have stated when in the interview they had posted last night. I didn't get the chance to listen to it.

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 01:28 AM
Somewhere in all the docs, I read the As were unable to open the trunk, though at the lot, because they didn't have the key.

GA had the keys to the car. He & the lot mgr. opened the trunk, found the bag of trash (maggots & pizza) threw it over the fence into the tow yard dumpster, where LE retrieved it the 16th & sent it to the labs. George then put gas in the car, rolled down the windows & drove it home.

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 01:28 AM
pg 56, 17290449.pdf

"George Anthony used a key to unlock the white Pontiac's drivers side door."

Then goes on to say

"George Anthony and Mr. Birch went to the white Pontiac's trunk in an attempt to locate the source of the odor. George Anthony opened the trunk and he and Mr. Birch observed a white garbage bag..."

Nothing about the key being in the car.

SuziQ
09-25-2008, 01:32 AM

Tony said in his statement that KC spent the night before at his house. That she left early in the morning and said she was coming back. Then she called him and he picked her up around 11am.

Luzer
09-25-2008, 01:33 AM
Do we have the time when the check cashing store opened? According to the timeline thread, Casey stayed all night with AL on the 26th. Why would she be out at 7AM?

I wonder if the 7AM sighting is too early.

I can see Casey leaving the apartment when AL left to go to school. She trotted over to her parents' house to grab some groceries to be able to cook for AL. I wonder what culinary delight she was going to make with the popsicles???????????

She may or may not have had a confrontation with one or both of the parents. I am guessing Cindy was at work and George was not yet at work. She could have told him she needed some groceries for Caylee and herself, and took the popsicles to lend credence for a Caylee menu.

Then, coming back to AL, she ran out of gas. She called him, abandoned the car and got on with her life.

Cher352
09-25-2008, 01:36 AM

I don't know, looks rather new to me too, for being out in FL swamp land with all the bugs and stuff. Stuff molds up pretty quick too, maybe that is what the white stuff was.

Spangle
09-25-2008, 01:40 AM
Somewhere in all the docs, I read the As were unable to open the trunk, though, at the lot because they didn't have the key.

I thought I read that it was opened at the tow yard and a white trash bag with trash in it was taking out and thrown over the fence. The LE later came and retrieved it. (trash)

SuziQ
09-25-2008, 01:40 AM
Do we have the time when the check cashing store opened? According to the timeline thread, Casey stayed all night with AL on the 26th. Why would she be out at 7AM?

I can see Casey leaving the apartment when AL left to go to school. She trotted over to her parents' house to grab some groceries to be able to cook for AL. I wonder what culinary delight she was going to make with the popsicles???????????

She may or may not have had a confrontation with one or both of the parents. I am guessing Cindy was at work and George was not yet at work. She could have told him she needed some groceries for Caylee and herself, and took the popsicles to lend credence for a Caylee menu.

Then, coming back to AL, she ran out of gas. She called him, abandoned the car and got on with her life.

That particular check cashing store is open 24/7.

MasonGirl
09-25-2008, 01:41 AM
But the squirrel would just go under the tires. Interesting she knows what happens when a human is struck at a high enough rate of speed, depending on size.

Now don't forget - there were two freakin big squirrels involved. :pinocchio:

Also - Hello Sleuthers. I'm new and I love your site. :blowkiss:

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 01:42 AM
There is also the possiblity that the shed was broken into during that time. Only the gas cans were not stolen. GA reported what he seen missing. Not knowing his daughter took them days earlier.

Could be, I always thought it was strange there wasn't a "key on a hook" to this outside lock, that the family knew about.

We have three outside locks & all keys are kept in one place & you better PUT THEM BACK after you've used them. (nat. I do have spares hid...LOL)

Cher352
09-25-2008, 01:43 AM
Somewhere in all the docs, I read the As were unable to open the trunk, though, at the lot because they didn't have the key. I think it was the tow man that said that to GA when he walked out to the car with him and was telling GA about the smell.

Luzer
09-25-2008, 01:44 AM
Luzer - if you don't currently have a PHD in psychology, and if you aren't currently employed by the FBI as a profiler, then you should officially be awarded both for that statement!! You have nailed it!!! :clap:

Thank you. Being around a sociopath, I have seen how one works. It is so hard to remember that what the rest of us live and breathe by, means absolutely nothing to a sociopath.

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 01:45 AM
I thought I read that it was opened at the tow yard and a white trash bag with trash in it was taking out and thrown over the fence. The LE later came and retrieved it. (trash)

Yep, & Yep..........(poster musta mis-read something)

Luzer
09-25-2008, 01:46 AM

Thanks for updating me.

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 01:48 AM
That's also the last time BB (the neighbor) saw KC at the house, the 20th but it was with someone in a small pickup truck, (green he thinks). White male driving with dark hair.

Don't think I've read about any small green pick-ups in this saga....yet!

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 01:50 AM
Don't think I've read about any small green pick-ups in this saga....yet!

If there is a green pick-up, and BB wasn't mistaken, my bet is that LE already knows who it belongs to.

But dang it...I wanna know too!

Baznme
09-25-2008, 01:51 AM

Carriebean: I've been scouring the threads trying to find where it was first reported that the keys were in the front seat of the car but other than other posters notes, that's all I've found so far. So, I guess I would have to say that is what I've read in here within the posts.

BigIslandLady
09-25-2008, 01:51 AM
Aloha all, been following along and am thinking about her "back up plan" that she said she was stealing for and also the call or was it text to the marine in CA about going to see him to tell him something important, maybe the possibly idling car, purse on the seat, shady checkcashing place could all add up to baby and mom both missing and or presumed dead? But she just couldnt drag herself away from all the fun she`was having or didnt have enough cash saved up for her oneway to CAL? Just a couple thoughts to ponder:) Am glad to see the timeline really getting tighter by each post, you all are incredible!!!!

Cerenity2u
09-25-2008, 01:52 AM
[QUOTE=Luzer;2733690]Do we have the time when the check cashing store opened? According to the timeline thread, Casey stayed all night with AL on the 26th. Why would she be out at 7AM?

Some Amscots are open 24 hrs. a day, while some are open from 7am-7pm Mon-Sat. I'm a newbie here, not sure how to provide link to this report, so I copied and pasted the part where the employee states she arrived at work at 7am on the 26th to begin her shift:

Transcribed from released discovery

The following is a synopsis of the interview:

Mrs. Sanchez is the branch manager 7051 East Colonial Drive (Amscot Financial). On June 27, 2008, at approximately 0700 hours, Mrs. Sanchez arrived at 7051 East Colonial Drive for her shift. Mrs. Sanchez observed a white Pontiac parked next to the business’ dumpster, but took no action.

Baznme
09-25-2008, 01:52 AM
If there is a green pick-up, and BB wasn't mistaken, my bet is that LE already knows who it belongs to.

It in the BB transcript that came out today.

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 01:56 AM
Carriebean: I've been scouring the threads trying to find where it was first reported that the keys were in the front seat of the car but other than other posters notes, that's all I've found so far. So, I guess I would have to say that is what I've read in here within the posts.

I had heard it before too, but don't recall ever reading it in a doc. I thought maybe I missed something.

SoCalSleuth
09-25-2008, 01:58 AM
George put gas in it to get it home. (He brought a can with him to the tow yard)

but what I question is, if she abandoned it, why the 3 attempts to get a gas can and go back to it.

I'm not so sure the gas cans were for the car. You don't need more than one gas can for the car.

TakeNote
09-25-2008, 01:58 AM
I wish I could remember....where I read that George said that the car was NOT out of gas when he picked it up.....I need to poke around a bit.....and post if I find it

Baznme
09-25-2008, 02:02 AM
[QUOTE=Luzer;2733690]Do we have the time when the check cashing store opened? According to the timeline thread, Casey stayed all night with AL on the 26th. Why would she be out at 7AM?

Some Amscots are open 24 hrs. a day, while some are open from 7am-7pm Mon-Sat. I'm a newbie here, not sure how to provide link to this report, so I copied and pasted the part where the employee states she arrived at work at 7am on the 26th to begin her shift:

Transcribed from released discovery

The following is a synopsis of the interview:

Mrs. Sanchez is the branch manager 7051 East Colonial Drive (Amscot Financial). On June 27, 2008, at approximately 0700 hours, Mrs. Sanchez arrived at 7051 East Colonial Drive for her shift. Mrs. Sanchez observed a white Pontiac parked next to the business’ dumpster, but took no action.

The car was reported on the 27th, correct? On the calendar, it reads that the car ran out of gas on the 28th. Maybe she parked it there on the night of the 26th, it was reported on the 27th but whoever's calendar that is may be off by one day? I'm confused.

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 02:04 AM

I musta missed that !!!.....well, I can't see Casey using a dumpster in front of a business that's open 24/7....so I'm back to 'think simple'....she really did just run out of gas.

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 02:04 AM
[QUOTE=Cerenity2u;2733754]

The car was reported on the 27th, correct? On the calendar, it reads that the car ran out of gas on the 28th. Maybe she parked it there on the night of the 26th, it was reported on the 27th but whoever's calendar that is may be off by one day? I'm confused.

I'm confused too. If she stayed at TL's place the night before, did she leave in her car in the morning?

Cerenity2u
09-25-2008, 02:06 AM
Now that we have the timeline of the car being spotted on the morning of the 27th at 7:00am, that would mean that KC must of left Tony's place very, VERY early that morning to go to wherever she was going for whatever reason. There is still at least a 4 hrs difference from spotting of car and Tony actually picking her up. Now if we could just figure out what she was doing in those 4 hrs, and what was her means of transportation, considering her car was out of gas at Amscot?

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 02:08 AM
Now don't forget - there were two freakin big squirrels involved. :pinocchio:

Also - Hello Sleuthers. I'm new and I love your site. :blowkiss:

Hello to you & welcome.......musta been some Texas sized squirrels, I guess.

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 02:11 AM
2am and my brain is shutting down.

I can't figure why anyone would leave a purse in an abandoned car, other than for bait.

Delinquent walks by car...sees purse...smashes window...opens trunk...puts squirrels in trunk...

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 02:12 AM
Welcome MasonGirl!

Cerenity2u
09-25-2008, 02:14 AM
[QUOTE=Baznme;2733784]

I'm confused too. If she stayed at TL's place the night before, did she leave in her car in the morning?

Yes, that is what I am reading in the reports. Tony even states that KC stayed the night on the 26th, then claims she left early in the morning, stating that she would be back. She never made it back, as he received a call or text from her asking if he could come pick her up at the Amscot, as she ran out of gas. He picked her up around 11:00am. Very confusing I know. I'm trying to make some sense out of what in the world was she doing up so early, where was she going, and most important, where was she from 7:00am when car was spotted, until 11:00am when Tony actually picked her up?....something is really wrong with this.

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 02:18 AM

Is this the same neighbor she borrowed the hammer from ?? If so he spends much time in his front yard, & has *excellent* memory ???......remembers dates, times, drivers, cars, trucks, colors, pulled in, backed in, AND hammers.

IIRC JG has a silver truck.

seekingjustice**
09-25-2008, 02:40 AM
Tony said in his statement that KC spent the night before at his house. That she left early in the morning and said she was coming back. Then she called him and he picked her up around 11am.

I'm not trying to nit-pick, but I keep reading the word 'early' and I re-read Tony's statement and he doesn't say 'early', he just says "that morning she uhm left my place etc......I wish they had asked him what time.

But it must of been very early, for she had to have driven from Tony's to GA & CA's place, grabbed some groceries and some clothes and then on her way back, she runs out of gas, all before 7 AM. Then it takes her FOUR hours to ring Tony to come pick her up.

So, could she still have had Caylee's body in the trunk when she ran out of gas unexpectedly? Did she need to suddenly get rid of Caylee's body somewhere, maybe the dumpster? Maybe it took her that long to compose herself before ringing Tony.

magic-cat
09-25-2008, 02:47 AM

Yeah, but Lee tells an entirely different tale about the matter...George told Lee a DIFFERENT story, so his "story" about seeing Casey and Caylee on the 16th is out the window too as far as I am concerned. I believe she took Caylee out of the house the night of the 15th-perhaps even AFTER her parents were asleep and that was the last night that Caylee had on this earth. She likely used the chloroform on her that very night...

magic-cat
09-25-2008, 02:51 AM
2am and my brain is shutting down.

I can't figure why anyone would leave a purse in an abandoned car, other than for bait.

Delinquent walks by car...sees purse...smashes window...opens trunk...puts squirrels in trunk...

Listed in the items that Lee fetched from Tony's place on the night of July 15th was a BIG PURSE...so she had all of her necessities in THAT purse, because when they got that stuff to the house they dumped it all out and her wallet was right there inside THAT purse. SO the purse in the car was just part of her decoy. There was nothing of value in there I would almost guarantee. THE most valuable item found in that vehicle was MAMA, Caylee's doll that she never went anywhere without...and MAMA's clothes seem to be missing...

Cerenity2u
09-25-2008, 02:55 AM
But it must of been very early, for she had to have driven from Tony's to GA & CA's place, grabbed some groceries and some clothes and then on her way back, she runs out of gas, all before 7 AM. Then it takes her FOUR hours to ring Tony to come pick her up.

So, could she still have had Caylee's body in the trunk when she ran out of gas unexpectedly? Did she need to suddenly get rid of Caylee's body somewhere, maybe the dumpster? Maybe it took her that long to compose herself before ringing Tony.

I think this is very possible. Maybe she had to leave the area to compose herself, so she went for a long walk away from the dumpster site...would explain why KC was not seen by the manager of Amscot, she only saw the car. I also believe, but not 100% sure, that she text Amy or called Amy during some of these 4 hrs.

magic-cat
09-25-2008, 03:07 AM
I wonder similar things, like why not drop tony at the airport, head to target, get a gas can, then head for Amy's and say hey I need you to drive Tony's Jeep home, gonna get my car back.

It is just all weird to me.

MAYBE she wanted someone elses fingerprints on the can instead of hers? Someone she could try to "set up"...who better than a friend that you REALLY felt nothing for, or one of 2 ex-bo's who were both still "pining" for you?

magic-cat
09-25-2008, 03:08 AM
Now that we have the timeline of the car being spotted on the morning of the 27th at 7:00am, that would mean that KC must of left Tony's place very, VERY early that morning to go to wherever she was going for whatever reason. There is still at least a 4 hrs difference from spotting of car and Tony actually picking her up. Now if we could just figure out what she was doing in those 4 hrs, and what was her means of transportation, considering her car was out of gas at Amscot?

Unless Tony is LYING? It could happen...

shadow of my mind
09-25-2008, 04:59 AM
This is pure speculation based on known dates and statements made by various people.

According to Tony L’s statement on the week of June 22nd with no exact date given, Casey ran out of gas and again on the week of June 28th again not sure of the date but it was the day he picked her up from the Amscot Building Casey ran out of gas again. There was one day he took Casey to HopeSpring Dr to get a gas can but he is not sure of that date either.

That may have been the day that Casey broke into the shed and stole them. Per GA on the police report it was June 21 or the 22 that is must have been broken into but looking at the calendar it most likely was June 20th. The A’s were more apt to be at home during the weekend plus June 20th is a Friday that matches a text or mypsace message about the two Fridays running out of gas.
Casey probably told Tone she ran out of gas but that was her means of ‘buying’ gas. GA makes his report to LE around 10:00Am on June 24th and that same afternoon is when Casey comes back to the house with them in the trunk of car. CA has relayed the gas can theft to Casey in some way. Maybe by text or voice mail.
GA claims he took them out the trunk of Casey’s car and LA says that Casey gave them back to GA with an attitude. The ‘who opened the trunk’ and ‘who took the cans out’ is different but the date is the same. June 24th. If Caylee had not been stored in the trunk but only transported in the trunk there would be a good chance that there would not be any smell at this point. Nothing is mentioned buy GA about the cans being empty but you can bet that was the case.
Casey needed the gas to fuel the car. Either she did not have any money or she did not want to run the risk of having to stop for gas with a body in her trunk.
If Casey transported Caylee in the trunk of the car sometime after the 22nd of June but prior to the 24th of June when she returned the cans there might not have been any smell in the car yet. There may have been something on the cans that if they had been set down in the back yard before being put in the shed that could explain the hits in the yard with the cadaver dogs. During the transport of Caylee’s body fluids must have leaked into the trunk and now after June 24th when bringing them back to GA and June 27th when the car is dumped is when the trunk had started to smell pretty bad.
This is when Casey tells Amy that her ‘Dad must of run over something’ story on the June 27th. Casey is setting up a cover story in case anyone noticed anything amiss plus it also gives her good cover for not driving the car. Casey dumps the car at Amscot before 7:00Am on June 27th based on the statement from the manager at the Amscot building. Casey has Tony pick her up on the same morning but he says it was around 11:00 AM. I question the time. Would not Tony have been in classes at that time. Perhaps it was a wee bit early in the morning than he remembers. The ‘groceries’ are Tyson chicken and Freezer pops Tony Never Says They Are Frozen just that they are in plain looking bags and she had some clothes. He mentions that the bags look like she got them from home. Casey was heading towards Tony’s jeep as he pulled into the parking lot so Tony never got out of his car and was not near it to smell anything.
Somewhere between the June 27th and June 30th Casey must have told Tony that there is a larger problem with her car than just her running out of gas. Otherwise why would she need to be driving Tony’s jeep for a week and tell him her dad took the car to a mechanic or some dealership to be fixed.
Casey continues the dead animal smell with Amy and now and adds the smell is coming from the engine when she mentions it on the 28th of June. Casey then expands the running out of gas routine by mentioning the ‘two Fridays in a row’ and adds the ‘squirrels plastered to the front of the car’ as the now mystery solved about the car smell. She does not tell Amy that anything is wrong with her car.
June 30th Casey shows up at Amy’s door at 9:45 and proceeds to mention needing a gas can. So off to Target they went to buy one. Casey now needed a gas can so she can steel more gas to fuel Tone’s jeep that she is now driving. No mention of Amy taking her anywhere to get gas but Casey has Tony’s jeep so she did not need Amy for transportation that week. Any does notice that Casey is always driving Tony’s jeep. It would not be until Tony returned on July 5 that Casey would need a car and then only for 3 days until July 8th when Amy goes to P. Rico for a week. Casey tells Amy that her car broke down although we don’t know exactly when and asks to borrow hers. Now Casey has a car until Amy returns on July 15th.

What she was planning on doing later about having a car is beyond me.
Maybe and this is just based on other things that we know that Casey has done.
Casey may have driven by the Amscot building and saw the car was gone and figured her plan had worked. Someone stole the car.
She had told Tony she was planning on getting a new car. Maybe she felt that she could claim that the car was stolen and the insurance money would get her a new vehicle. The fact that Casey gave Amy an explanation for the smell meant that somehow Casey figured she would not have to worry about the car anymore or she would not have to worry about the car smelling anymore. Heck Casey may have thought that once the A’s got the car back [if she figured it would be towed] and she waited long enough that CA would come around and everything would go back to the way it was. CA & GA to raise Caylee buy her a new car and Casey could continue with her party girl plans.

I guess Casey never heard of skunks. Now they can put a hurting on a car as far as smell goes and in some cases I have known a few people who have their insurance companies consider them 'a total loss'.

CaptLogic
09-25-2008, 05:05 AM
Aloha all, been following along and am thinking about her "back up plan" that she said she was stealing for and also the call or was it text to the marine in CA about going to see him to tell him something important, maybe the possibly idling car, purse on the seat, shady checkcashing place could all add up to baby and mom both missing and or presumed dead? But she just couldnt drag herself away from all the fun she`was having or didnt have enough cash saved up for her oneway to CAL? Just a couple thoughts to ponder:) Am glad to see the timeline really getting tighter by each post, you all are incredible!!!!

Well jeez, what did she spend all of Amy's money on!? a tattoo and nails? If she wanted to disappear and go to California, she certainly had the means. I guess she was too caught up with the playing house and the parties.

CaptLogic
09-25-2008, 05:07 AM
I'm not so sure the gas cans were for the car. You don't need more than one gas can for the car.

Yup. Why two cans? Unless you needed extra gas for a long trip. Or to burn something up.

CaptLogic
09-25-2008, 05:13 AM

Well, I'm not sure I believe Tony so much. His statements are ridiculous to read. I doubt his is accurate. Also, someone messed with Cindy/KC's laptop. It was either Tony or Lee. I'm guessing Tony. Maybe Tony and KC took some pics or something, etc. that Tony erased. Or maybe Lee did it after talking to KC. But one of them did. If it was Tony, then maybe the dates and times are off slightly.

I still can't get over that text that Tony told Amy about from KC saying she'll be in jail for eternity if they never or ever find Caylee.

Also, when Tony went to pickup the cans with KC on the 20th, did he ever say where they went after that? Where was the car out of gas at on the 20th? This seems missing. Also in our timeline there are a few dates around this time that are missing as far as where Casey is staying.

redtailhawk
09-25-2008, 05:48 AM

Hahahahaha!!! oooooo I just choked on my coffee....thanks for starting my day with a huge laugh!

....drats....5:48 AM and off to work...arg

2goldfish
09-25-2008, 05:59 AM

I just wonder if possibly the car was not spotted at 7 am. remember the woman at amscot was being asked about this several weeks later and perhaps had her days mixed up. I notice there is a lot of tendency to think unless KC says it, it is the truth. I am not saying everyone else is lying. But being asked several weeks after the fact maybe a lot of people dont remember all that clearly. for example obs it was there 7 am the following two days, and that went in her head as being there at 7 am all three days? is there video showing when the car appeared? else we could think perhaps the times we are being told are off.

Pink Panther
09-25-2008, 06:05 AM
Listed in the items that Lee fetched from Tony's place on the night of July 15th was a BIG PURSE...so she had all of her necessities in THAT purse, because when they got that stuff to the house they dumped it all out and her wallet was right there inside THAT purse. SO the purse in the car was just part of her decoy. There was nothing of value in there I would almost guarantee. THE most valuable item found in that vehicle was MAMA, Caylee's doll that she never went anywhere without...and MAMA's clothes seem to be missing...

Well her wallet, ID and cash was retrieved from the purse that she had left in Tony's appartment on July 15th so...yes, it is likely that there was little of value in the purse that she left in the car.

GumShoe209
09-25-2008, 06:21 AM
I just wonder if possibly the car was not spotted at 7 am. remember the woman at amscot was being asked about this several weeks later and perhaps had her days mixed up. I notice there is a lot of tendency to think unless KC says it, it is the truth. I am not saying everyone else is lying. But being asked several weeks after the fact maybe a lot of people dont remember all that clearly. for example obs it was there 7 am the following two days, and that went in her head as being there at 7 am all three days? is there video showing when the car appeared? else we could think perhaps the times we are being told are off.

She probably left early so Tony wouldn't smell the car... she parked next to dumpster, just so people would think it was the dumpster. Tony said the Tysons and pops were in a regular bag. Maybe that's when she bought the Arm and Hammer and was trying to clean the trunk for four hours and the 'white bag' was left in trunk -- thinking it would get rid of smell --maybe she left some raw meat in the bag for good measure... she planned on going back to get the car, but by the time she got the gas cans it was too late -- she couldn't have known if it was stolen or towed. That was why she was having nightmares and sweating. Probably thought it was stolen and dumped after two weeks and no call from mom and dad saying it was towed.

angelmom
09-25-2008, 06:31 AM
She probably left early so Tony wouldn't smell the car... she parked next to dumpster, just so people would think it was the dumpster. Tony said the Tysons and pops were in a regular bag. Maybe that's when she bought the Arm and Hammer and was trying to clean the trunk for four hours and the 'white bag' was left in trunk -- thinking it would get rid of smell --maybe she left some raw meat in the bag for good measure... she planned on going back to get the car, but by the time she got the gas cans it was too late -- she couldn't have known if it was stolen or towed. That was why she was having nightmares and sweating. Probably thought it was stolen and dumped after two weeks and no call from mom and dad saying it was towed.

I think these are all good points. I also wonder if when she stole the food is when she found the leftover pizza and threw that in for good measure (since no one else claims to remember ordering it).

But the other thing about the gas that I wonder is did she just plan to spill a bunch hoping that it would cover the smell. She could claim that a gas can had tipped over in her car and that it reeked. If someone said, "What's that horrible smell???!!!" I can totally see her looking them in the eye and saying "All I smell is gas." That would make sense to me why she was so anxious to get gas for an abandoned car - not to put in the tank but to spill in the trunk.

Faenorwyn
09-25-2008, 07:07 AM
Ya know, something else is bugging me too. What were her long term plans? Did she have a plan at all? If she stole the money from Amy, why not use it to leave the country? Or at least the state? She had to know that eventually she would have to produce Caylee. Why not run off to another state? Afterall she was already at odds with her parents. No one would have even known Caylee was missing for a very, very long time.....if ever. All she had to do was sever all ties with everyone she knew. As far as the gas cans, why did she steal gas cans from her parents house? She had stole a bunch of money from Amy, $400 IIRC. Why not use some of that to buy a gas can? They aren't that expensive or hard to come by!! I can't see her tortching the car because too many people KNEW about her trying to get a gas can, know what I mean? I am seriously scratching my head over this.

TallyHo
09-25-2008, 08:10 AM

New here, but these were my thoughts as well - obviously the car smelled so bad that no one would even steal it!!! :eek:

mom2chloe
09-25-2008, 08:16 AM

Any idea if someone siphoning gas would use a hose and/or a funnel? Could she have been stealing gas from her friends or strangers?
And on a truly disgusting note...anyone think if she had these tools to steal gas that she could have placed the decomposed body in the containers? LP stated that the body would have been like carrying a 30 pound bag of stew, liquified I would assume...maybe it took several gas cans to hold the remains and she emptied out the remains into several different areas maybe even water? I doubt KC would endanger herself by going near gator infested areas.
I have never owned a gas can myself, but I wouldn't put it past KC to know how to steal gas or at least how to use the tools to do it. I am thinking the contents of all those gas cans are key.

mom2chloe
09-25-2008, 08:26 AM
If she didn't intend to abandon it, why didn't she have tl take her to get gas/cans immediately? and who drives around with frozen food from home? I think the gas can bs was just a way to get gas for tl's car. her car was way too staged with the purse and all.

Any idea if the As have a freezer in their garage? Maybe she placed the body there while they were on vacation and retrieved the remains along with the groceries she took from the house, also frozen foods IIRC?

mom2chloe
09-25-2008, 08:31 AM

I am certain she wouldn't have any trouble obtaining gas! She could have gone to every gas station and told the same sob story, acquiring gallons of gas...or true to KC style, she could have just been in the habit of stealing gas, after all she was frequently driving someone else's car, why not gas and dash as often as you can, especially if you are low on cash.

icherish
09-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Probably would have moved it to woods or a grove before torching. A lot of that done here in FL with stolen cars.

Her leaving at Amscot was her way of saying "Hey that is where I left it, just ask Tony"

Burning is the only way she could of gotten rid of all the evidence.

I think she would also have needed an accomplice to burn it. She'd have to take it far out into woods or a grove so as not be detected...but how would she get back? I can't see her trekking on foot from the middle of nowhere.

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Ya know, something else is bugging me too. What were her long term plans? Did she have a plan at all? If she stole the money from Amy, why not use it to leave the country? Or at least the state? She had to know that eventually she would have to produce Caylee. Why not run off to another state? Afterall she was already at odds with her parents. No one would have even known Caylee was missing for a very, very long time.....if ever. All she had to do was sever all ties with everyone she knew. As far as the gas cans, why did she steal gas cans from her parents house? She had stole a bunch of money from Amy, $400 IIRC. Why not use some of that to buy a gas can? They aren't that expensive or hard to come by!! I can't see her tortching the car because too many people KNEW about her trying to get a gas can, know what I mean? I am seriously scratching my head over this.

I don't know if this girl is capable of thinking of the future. And I don't think she is capable of running off on her own and starting a new life.

GumShoe209
09-25-2008, 08:48 AM
I think Casey was just living from day to day. She ran out of gas and had Tony take her to parents house for gas cans. George had locked the shed -- and he got the cans back on the 24th. She got Amy to go buy a gas can -- Cindy said early on she didn't abandon that car there because Cindy drove by it everyday - twice. Did she want Cindy to find it?

s1rebecca
09-25-2008, 09:19 AM

I was thinking that too yesterday. And why keep getting new gas cans, why not keep one in your trunk. I think I have run out of gas maybe once or twice in my life, why did she always run out of gas? I also wonder was she syphoning gas into those cans because she had no money. But that must be wrong because when they found her wallet LA said there was about $220 in there.

Black Magic Woman
09-25-2008, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=CarrieBean;2733789]

Yes, that is what I am reading in the reports. Tony even states that KC stayed the night on the 26th, then claims she left early in the morning, stating that she would be back. She never made it back, as he received a call or text from her asking if he could come pick her up at the Amscot, as she ran out of gas. He picked her up around 11:00am. Very confusing I know. I'm trying to make some sense out of what in the world was she doing up so early, where was she going, and most important, where was she from 7:00am when car was spotted, until 11:00am when Tony actually picked her up?....something is really wrong with this.Dont forget.. she was also boinking that police officer that got fired (and no telling who else). She could have been at another guys house in these hours, but according to Tony she had obviously also been to her parents to steal food.

s1rebecca
09-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Any idea if someone siphoning gas would use a hose and/or a funnel? Could she have been stealing gas from her friends or strangers?
And on a truly disgusting note...anyone think if she had these tools to steal gas that she could have placed the decomposed body in the containers? LP stated that the body would have been like carrying a 30 pound bag of stew, liquified I would assume...maybe it took several gas cans to hold the remains and she emptied out the remains into several different areas maybe even water? I doubt KC would endanger herself by going near gator infested areas.
I have never owned a gas can myself, but I wouldn't put it past KC to know how to steal gas or at least how to use the tools to do it. I am thinking the contents of all those gas cans are key.

The bones and skull would not liquefy, I don't think that she would have used the gas cans for that.

Black Magic Woman
09-25-2008, 09:40 AM
This is pure speculation based on known dates and statements made by various people.

According to Tony L’s statement on the week of June 22nd with no exact date given, Casey ran out of gas and again on the week of June 28th again not sure of the date but it was the day he picked her up from the Amscot Building Casey ran out of gas again. There was one day he took Casey to HopeSpring Dr to get a gas can but he is not sure of that date either.

That may have been the day that Casey broke into the shed and stole them. Per GA on the police report it was June 21 or the 22 that is must have been broken into but looking at the calendar it most likely was June 20th. The A’s were more apt to be at home during the weekend plus June 20th is a Friday that matches a text or mypsace message about the two Fridays running out of gas.
Casey probably told Tone she ran out of gas but that was her means of ‘buying’ gas. GA makes his report to LE around 10:00Am on June 24th and that same afternoon is when Casey comes back to the house with them in the trunk of car. CA has relayed the gas can theft to Casey in some way. Maybe by text or voice mail.
GA claims he took them out the trunk of Casey’s car and LA says that Casey gave them back to GA with an attitude. The ‘who opened the trunk’ and ‘who took the cans out’ is different but the date is the same. June 24th. If Caylee had not been stored in the trunk but only transported in the trunk there would be a good chance that there would not be any smell at this point. Nothing is mentioned buy GA about the cans being empty but you can bet that was the case.
Casey needed the gas to fuel the car. Either she did not have any money or she did not want to run the risk of having to stop for gas with a body in her trunk.
If Casey transported Caylee in the trunk of the car sometime after the 22nd of June but prior to the 24th of June when she returned the cans there might not have been any smell in the car yet. There may have been something on the cans that if they had been set down in the back yard before being put in the shed that could explain the hits in the yard with the cadaver dogs. During the transport of Caylee’s body fluids must have leaked into the trunk and now after June 24th when bringing them back to GA and June 27th when the car is dumped is when the trunk had started to smell pretty bad.
This is when Casey tells Amy that her ‘Dad must of run over something’ story on the June 27th. Casey is setting up a cover story in case anyone noticed anything amiss plus it also gives her good cover for not driving the car. Casey dumps the car at Amscot before 7:00Am on June 27th based on the statement from the manager at the Amscot building. Casey has Tony pick her up on the same morning but he says it was around 11:00 AM. I question the time. Would not Tony have been in classes at that time. Perhaps it was a wee bit early in the morning than he remembers. The ‘groceries’ are Tyson chicken and Freezer pops Tony Never Says They Are Frozen just that they are in plain looking bags and she had some clothes. He mentions that the bags look like she got them from home. Casey was heading towards Tony’s jeep as he pulled into the parking lot so Tony never got out of his car and was not near it to smell anything.
Somewhere between the June 27th and June 30th Casey must have told Tony that there is a larger problem with her car than just her running out of gas. Otherwise why would she need to be driving Tony’s jeep for a week and tell him her dad took the car to a mechanic or some dealership to be fixed.
Casey continues the dead animal smell with Amy and now and adds the smell is coming from the engine when she mentions it on the 28th of June. Casey then expands the running out of gas routine by mentioning the ‘two Fridays in a row’ and adds the ‘squirrels plastered to the front of the car’ as the now mystery solved about the car smell. She does not tell Amy that anything is wrong with her car.
June 30th Casey shows up at Amy’s door at 9:45 and proceeds to mention needing a gas can. So off to Target they went to buy one. Casey now needed a gas can so she can steel more gas to fuel Tone’s jeep that she is now driving. No mention of Amy taking her anywhere to get gas but Casey has Tony’s jeep so she did not need Amy for transportation that week. Any does notice that Casey is always driving Tony’s jeep. It would not be until Tony returned on July 5 that Casey would need a car and then only for 3 days until July 8th when Amy goes to P. Rico for a week. Casey tells Amy that her car broke down although we don’t know exactly when and asks to borrow hers. Now Casey has a car until Amy returns on July 15th.

Casey may have driven by the Amscot building and saw the car was gone and figured her plan had worked. Someone stole the car.
She had told Tony she was planning on getting a new car. Maybe she felt that she could claim that the car was stolen and the insurance money would get her a new vehicle. The fact that Casey gave Amy an explanation for the smell meant that somehow Casey figured she would not have to worry about the car anymore or she would not have to worry about the car smelling anymore. Heck Casey may have thought that once the A’s got the car back [if she figured it would be towed] and she waited long enough that CA would come around and everything would go back to the way it was. CA & GA to raise Caylee buy her a new car and Casey could continue with her party girl plans.

I guess Casey never heard of skunks. Now they can put a hurting on a car as far as smell goes and in some cases I have known a few people who have their insurance companies consider them 'a total loss'.
WOW....I can't believe you can think that clearly at 4am, I'm impressed! the decomp on the gas cans in the yard makes alot of sense and so does the rest of your theory. I still want to know if those guys that helped her push the car ever came forward with a statement? someone mentioned in another thread and I'm really interested in hearing what they said about a smell.

MiraclesHappen
09-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Thank You Reannan:blowkiss:

CaptLogic
09-25-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm starting to think Tony helped her and is not entirely truthful. He may be worried about being an accessory.

AmyinTheHam
09-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Ok I think the gas cans do have a significant role in this story.

My questions are: Did TonE drive her over to her parents to get the gas cans on the 20th? Where was her car? Because we would assume if Caylee was in that trunk from the 15 or 16th by the 20th it would already have an odor. Did TonE take her back to her car after they left the Anthony's?

And it was my understanding that KC went on the 30th to Target with AH and then went back to her house with the gas can. No mention if it was empty or full, just that they got one at Target. Did KC plan on taking TonE back with her to the car when he got out of school or something? Why did she not let AH drive to Target (AH said she offered didn't she) and drop her by the car on their way back? That would be my logic.

Somehow she wanted TonE involved...perhaps he does know more.

And the nightmares he says she had. Did he say when they started? I am guessing they started when that car got towed. I don't think she expected that at all. She was already trying to get away from Lee early July when she knew the car was gone, but the rest of the Anthony family did not know yet...

mom2chloe
09-25-2008, 10:08 AM
The bones and skull would not liquefy, I don't think that she would have used the gas cans for that.

Hence the need for the shovel maybe? Retrieve the solid matter to dispose of separately. Anyone know if she had used the gas cans to dispose of the liquid portion of the remains, if gas were later added to those same cans, would that destroy or compromise any DNA evidence?

passin_through
09-25-2008, 10:10 AM

I've not finished the thread so forgive if it's already been discussed.

Ok, Lee says that TonE told him that he took Casey to her parents to get gas cans, correct? He states that to be the 20th because of Amy's text message about *what are the odds of running out of gas 2 fridays in a row*, so that's the Black Jeep at the Anthony's. Casey's car is out of gas, so it's not going to be there, right?

Then we have the neighbor, Brian who sees Casey back into the garage on the 20th. Is this before or after Casey ran out of gas? If after, why didn't Casey return the cans then? If before, when could the Anthony's have thought Casey was in J-ville as they stated? Because obviously Casey was returning to the home often, and apparently cartin' stuff off, food, clothes etc.

MagnoliaMom
09-25-2008, 10:20 AM

Maybe it wasn't her purse at all. Maybe it was a stolen purse.

CaptLogic
09-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Is it possible she simply left Tony's to get clothes + food and leech of the parents. Then was driving back around 11-12 and really ran out of gas? Or was on her way back and just really got tired of the smell in the car. From google maps, the Amscot looks like it's in between Hopespring and Tony's Sutton place apartment address. It's about 17 minutes from Hopespring and 6 minutes to Sutton from the Amscot.

How likely is it that she would be able to get in her house during her time "missing" to get stuff from the parent's freezer on the 27th since her Father goes to work late?

Baznme
09-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Is this the same neighbor she borrowed the hammer from ?? If so he spends much time in his front yard, & has *excellent* memory ???......remembers dates, times, drivers, cars, trucks, colors, pulled in, backed in, AND hammers.

IIRC JG has a silver truck.

Same neighbor KC borrowed the shovel from. If you read the transcript, you can see how he was able to recollect the info.

Macushla
09-25-2008, 10:29 AM
OK, really, really reaching here - but her focus on gas cans is bugging me. I know there were a number of wild fires in and around Central Florida this summer. Could any of them (within say an hour's drive from Orlando) have been started by Casey disposing of Caylee? I think I will do some backtracking to see when/where some of these fires started.

Never mind, all the fires in the area were in May, none in late June or even July

suki
09-25-2008, 10:44 AM
If this has been touched already - sorry.

I was reading everyone's responses and began to wonder how she happened to run out of gas by a dumpster. I mean, did she park her car and it suddenly gave out of gas? Usually you give out of gas other places than in a parking lot. And most folks will look at the gauge often if it is getting low. I'm just wondering how the car got to the place it did - by the dumpster. Was it put there because of the smell in her car, she though the dumpster would overpower the smell?

maza
09-25-2008, 10:49 AM

Ok.. so is this right? for just the Car and Gas-can timeline:waitasec:

June 20: Casey says she runs out of gas
June 20: Tony says he and Casey pick up Gas Cans from Anthony's house
June 20: date Lee says gas cans were missing
June 22-24: days that George says the cans were missing
June 24: Casey returns cans to George (see Lee's statement)
June 26? 27? : Casey leaves car at Amscot (is there a time?)
June 26? 27? Casey leaves keys and wallet in the car??
June 27: Amscot employee reports seeing car at 7:00 am; backed in by dumpster?
June 27: Casey texts friends "what are the odds i run out of gas 2 fridays.."
June 27: Tony picks Casey up at 11:00 a.m. at Amscot?
June 28: Amscot manager calls main ofc re: car; told to wait 24 hours to tow
June 28: Casey calls Jesse re: needing help to get gas and car
June 30: Casey shows up at Amy’s at 9:45 to get a gas can;
Amy then takes Casey to Target for gas can?
June 30: Amscot tows car (is there a time?)
June 30: Casey has Tony's jeep until July 5
July 15: George picks up Casey's car; takes gas w/ him?

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 10:49 AM

I was reading everyone's responses and began to wonder how she happened to run out of gas by a dumpster. I mean, did she park her car and it suddenly gave out of gas? Usually you give out of gas other places than in a parking lot. And most folks will look at the gauge often if it is getting low. I'm just wondering how the car got to the place it did - by the dumpster. Was it put there because of the smell in her car, she though the dumpster would overpower the smell?

I believe she claimed to run out of gas at the turn off, and a couple of guys helped her push the car to Amscot.

Cher352
09-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Ok I think the gas cans do have a significant role in this story.

My questions are: Did TonE drive her over to her parents to get the gas cans on the 20th? Where was her car? Because we would assume if Caylee was in that trunk from the 15 or 16th by the 20th it would already have an odor. Did TonE take her back to her car after they left the Anthony's?

And it was my understanding that KC went on the 30th to Target with AH and then went back to her house with the gas can. No mention if it was empty or full, just that they got one at Target. Did KC plan on taking TonE back with her to the car when he got out of school or something? Why did she not let AH drive to Target (AH said she offered didn't she) and drop her by the car on their way back? That would be my logic.

Somehow she wanted TonE involved...perhaps he does know more.

And the nightmares he says she had. Did he say when they started? I am guessing they started when that car got towed. I don't think she expected that at all. She was already trying to get away from Lee early July when she knew the car was gone, but the rest of the Anthony family did not know yet...

Interesting thought, KC didn't want Amy near the car due to smell but she wouldn't have minded TonE ??

CaptLogic
09-25-2008, 10:51 AM

Well I saw the photo for the lot, if it was on the street it's possible it was pushed straight into the parking lot then was uphill, so they may have let it roll backwards. But even still, who would be pushing on that trunk with the smell? Maybe it didn't smell that much at that point?

More than likely she parked it.

Baznme
09-25-2008, 10:51 AM
I've not finished the thread so forgive if it's already been discussed.

Ok, Lee says that TonE told him that he took Casey to her parents to get gas cans, correct? He states that to be the 20th because of Amy's text message about *what are the odds of running out of gas 2 fridays in a row*, so that's the Black Jeep at the Anthony's. Casey's car is out of gas, so it's not going to be there, right?

Then we have the neighbor, Brian who sees Casey back into the garage on the 20th. Is this before or after Casey ran out of gas? If after, why didn't Casey return the cans then? If before, when could the Anthony's have thought Casey was in J-ville as they stated? Because obviously Casey was returning to the home often, and apparently cartin' stuff off, food, clothes etc.

I don't think Brian saw KC's car in the garage on the 20th, I think he saw the "truck" with a white male driving and her on that day. She stopped to pick something up.

Baznme
09-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Well I saw the photo for the lot, if it was on the street it's possible it was pushed straight into the parking lot then was uphill, so they may have let it roll backwards. But even still, who would be pushing on that trunk with the smell? Maybe it didn't smell that much at that point?

More than likely she parked it.

You know what, there were no 2 guys that pushed her into the parking lot. Who's going to push a car around that much so she can park....backed in....no less. That's another lie, I'd bet on it.

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 10:54 AM
The car was pulled in straight, not backed in.

CaptLogic
09-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Ok.. so is this right? for just the Car and Gas-can timeline:waitasec:

June 26? 27? Casey leaves keys and wallet in the car??
June 27: Amscot employee reports seeing car at 7:00 am; backed in by dumpster?
June 27: Casey texts friends "what are the odds i run out of gas 2 fridays.."
June 27: Tony picks Casey up at 11:00 a.m. at Amscot?
June 28: Casey calls Jesse re: needing help to get gas and car

I believe if you check JG's phone records, KC calls him around 10:30am on the 27th. She also text's Amy closer to 12 noon on the 27th about the smell. If anything, I'm thinking she was picked up by Tony closer to 12 noon and was chatting on the phone while she was waiting for Tony to pick her up. Or while sitting near by in a shop.

Question remains where was KC from before 7am until say around 11-12 on the 27th.

CaptLogic
09-25-2008, 10:55 AM
The car was pulled in straight, not backed in.

Are you sure? I've heard others say it was backed in.

nursebeeme
09-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Tony says she was out of gas on the 20th, that's why he took her home to get the cans..........Casey was texting people on the 27th saying "what are the odds, I could run out of gas 2 Friday's in a row ??'.

I personally don't think Casey could drive too far ALONE by herself, & stay off the phone & texting.........she seems to always need an audience or on her way to find one.my burning question (no pun intended) is why didn't mister TonE loan her 10 bucks and drive to a GAS STATION?? It is just strange all the way around.

Cher352
09-25-2008, 10:59 AM
The car was pulled in straight, not backed in.Correct, that was in the first set of docs.

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Are you sure? I've heard others say it was backed in.

Tow truck driver: The white pontiac was parked with the front of the car towards the curb.

17290449.pdf, pg 57

Black Magic Woman
09-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Is it possible she simply left Tony's to get clothes + food and leech of the parents. Then was driving back around 11-12 and really ran out of gas? Or was on her way back and just really got tired of the smell in the car. From google maps, the Amscot looks like it's in between Hopespring and Tony's Sutton place apartment address. It's about 17 minutes from Hopespring and 6 minutes to Sutton from the Amscot.

How likely is it that she would be able to get in her house during her time "missing" to get stuff from the parent's freezer on the 27th since her Father goes to work late?she really ran out because when george went for the car he had to go back for gas cans as it was empty!

LiveLoveLaughLiza
09-25-2008, 11:06 AM
she really ran out because when george went for the car he had to go back for gas cans as it was empty!

But how did GA know it was empty? By looking at the gauge? If the car isn't on, the gauge will read "E".......as least it does in my car.

IIRC, he never started the car at the tow yard prior to putting gas in.

eg@gm
09-25-2008, 11:08 AM
I believe if you check JG's phone records, KC calls him around 10:30am on the 27th. She also text's Amy closer to 12 noon on the 27th about the smell. If anything, I'm thinking she was picked up by Tony closer to 12 noon and was chatting on the phone while she was waiting for Tony to pick her up. Or while sitting near by in a shop.

Question remains where was KC from before 7am until say around 11-12 on the 27th.

The Amscott lady may have been mistaken about 7am on the 27th being when she saw the car. If the car was there on the morning of the 27th, Casey would have parked it there the night before, and would have slept at AL's. He would have noticed if she did not have a vehicle and was dropped off at his house. Then, she would have had to get a ride back to her car on the morning of the 27th to get a ride from AL. So, she left AL's house only to get him to pick her up later to bring her back to his house? I'm thinking the Amscott employee did not notice the car until it had already been abandoned.

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 11:08 AM
she really ran out because when george went for the car he had to go back for gas cans as it was empty!

At this time she called Amy for gas cans. Did I read that she had also called Jesse before that, but he couldn't help her because he was at his parents?...or somewhere. Was there one more person she called for gas cans other than Jesse and Amy? It seems to me that there were 3 people. I could be totally wrong..was really tired when I read the interviews.

If this were the case, it appears that she had every intention of retrieving that car from Amscot

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 11:09 AM
But how did GA know it was empty? By looking at the gauge? If the car isn't on, the gauge will read "E".......as least it does in my car.

IIRC, he never started the car at the tow yard prior to putting gas in.

Not all cars do, but I can't say for Sunfires.

Was it GiGi who posted the pics of her her car? Same make/model. She would know the answer to that.

Breaking Heart
09-25-2008, 11:12 AM
I wonder if LE could get the mileage from Tony and Amy's cars, and even the pontiac, while Casey had them.
Meaning, did Amy or Tony notice a lot of miles having been put on their cars after Casey had them?

Breaking Heart
Anyone know if Tony's or Amy's car was newer and might have had GPS?

AmyinTheHam
This thread really makes me wonder about TonE. If I ran out of gas I would just have my BF take me to the gas station, get a gas can, fill it up and go back. Never would I go home and risk getting a lecture about running out of gas. Remember she is a MOM, I think most Dad's would lecture a daughter to keep an eye on her gas gauge, especially if she was caring for a 2 year old. Why risk running into GA or CA by going home?

Why did she go there on the 20th? That seems crazy to me.

Have they checked TonE's car for evidence? After all even if he had no involvement she had that car for a few days.

Boston
09-25-2008, 11:14 AM
The Car was seen at amscot at 7am on the 27th & she did not call Tony until 11am

When Tony picked her up at Amscot she had Frozen Food that was not in "store" bags

WHAT WAS SHE DOING & WHERE WAS SHE FOR 4 HOURS

I believe there was a second car that drove her to her mothers house from amscot after she first left it there - She took a shower & took that Frozen Food from her own fridge.

Then "SOMEONE" drove her back to amscot at 11am & she called Tony

tx_Dot
09-25-2008, 11:16 AM
my burning question (no pun intended) is why didn't mister TonE loan her 10 bucks and drive to a GAS STATION?? It is just strange all the way around.

LOL....most everything about this case is strange.....

IIRC in the first set of docs, Casey said she had called her Dad to come get the car & get it fixed.

MY question.......Why wasn't TonE in class @ 11:00AM ??

Breaking Heart
09-25-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm thinking this too....as much as those kids talked/texted on their phones, LE should be able to track casey's location/movements each day since Caylee was last seen. What do you all think?

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 11:17 AM
I PM'd gigi2009 to ask her about her gas gauge.

LiveLoveLaughLiza
09-25-2008, 11:18 AM
I PM'd gigi2009 to ask her about her gas gauge.

Breaking Heart
09-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Does every cell tower have a set distance it will pick up a ping..for example, every tower can grab a ping within 5 miles? I would think, that even if there were more than 1 tower in a 5 miles radius, that there is some logic to determine which tower gets the ping? I'm just thinking out loud. And apologize if this has all been discussed somewhere already.

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 11:22 AM

No problem...that'll answer THAT question.

Boston
09-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Does anyone know where Casey could have posssible got Frozen Pops & Tyson chicken at 7am in the morning?

Tony stated that they where not in supermarket bags - So she most likely took them out of a somebody's fridge

I really believe that she went home on the morning of the 27th & showered after disposing of Caylee's body.

If she was walking through a muddy wooded area she would have been filthy & Tony would have noticed -

We need to find out where she was between 7am & 11am on the morning of the 27th

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Does every cell tower have a set distance it will pick up a ping..for example, every tower can grab a ping within 5 miles? I would think, that even if there were more than 1 tower in a 5 miles radius, that there is some logic to determine which tower gets the ping? I'm just thinking out loud. And apologize if this has all been discussed somewhere already.

I'm not positive, but I believe so.

Do cell companies still have their own towers, or are universal towers used these days?

Boston
09-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Also,

The car could have been at amscot much earlier than 7am

It was noticed at 7am so it could have been put there much earlier

Why does Casey wait 4 hours before calling Tony & telling him that she needed a ride because she ran out of gas?

Boston
09-25-2008, 11:29 AM

How likely is it that she would be able to get in her house during her time "missing" to get stuff from the parent's freezer on the 27th since her Father goes to work late?

The owner at Amscot states the car was in the lot at 7am on the 27th

Why is she calling Tony at 11am?

I think that food came from her home & I also think that someone drove her from amscot to her house & then back to amscot - GA maybe?

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 11:34 AM
The owner at Amscot states the car was in the lot at 7am on the 27th

Why is she calling Tony at 11am?

I think that food came from her home & I also think that someone drove her from amscot to her house & then back to amscot - GA maybe?

If it were GA, I would think that he would have brought her some gas. It doesn't make sense that he would pick her up and drop her back off to a stranded car.

maza
09-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Ok updated:
Originally Posted by maza http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2734470#post2734470)
:waitasec:

June 17: Neighbor BrianB states he saw Casey's car back into garage bb092308.pdf (http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/bb092308.pdf)
June 18 or19: BrianB states at 1:30pm he saw Casey's car backed into garage
June 20: BrainB states he saw Casey's car back into the garage
June 26? 27? Casey leaves purse in car (no keys) ?
June 27: Amscot employee reports seeing car at 7:00 am; "front of car toward the curb" 17290449.pdf, pg 57
June 27: Casey calls Jesse @ 10:30 re: needing help to get gas and car
June 27: Casey texts friends "what are the odds i run out of gas 2 fridays" @noon texts Amy re smell in car
June 27: Tony picks Casey up at 11 or 12 ? a.m. at Amscot

have any interviewees reported seeing casey in her car the 24th-26th?

SeriouslySearching
09-25-2008, 12:04 PM
True, burning the car would have at least gotten rid of the DNA/odor evidence. But setting a car on fire seems a tad risky to me. Maybe she got scared and bailed, then just left her purse and keys.There were no keys found with the car.

Boston
09-25-2008, 12:07 PM
If it were GA, I would think that he would have brought her some gas. It doesn't make sense that he would pick her up and drop her back off to a stranded car.

Unless they wanted to abandon the car there

It's near a dumpster & maybe they wanted it stolen

Short_Stuff
09-25-2008, 12:10 PM
I think the gas was either for her to go farther than people to think to dispose (sorry to say that word) of Caylee. Or she burned (sadly) Caylee, and she will never be found.

maza
09-25-2008, 12:10 PM
2 questions for anyone who recalls:
- did any of the interviews mention anyone seeing casey in her car the 24-26th?
- is there a mention of casey calling or texting george, cindy, or lee for help on the 27th?

Boston
09-25-2008, 12:13 PM
How do we know the car really was out of gas?

The Tow Yard owner would not be able to tell without a key

So we are left with the word of GA right?

Am I missing something here or is that how we know?

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 12:18 PM
gigi2009 says her gas gauge DOES NOT go down to E when she shuts her car off.

Thanks gigi!!

LiveLoveLaughLiza
09-25-2008, 12:21 PM
gigi2009 says her gas gauge DOES NOT go down to E when she shuts her car off.

Thanks gigi!!

Thanks to both of you....there goes that theory:bang:

nursebeeme
09-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Also,

The car could have been at amscot much earlier than 7am

It was noticed at 7am so it could have been put there much earlier

Why does Casey wait 4 hours before calling Tony & telling him that she needed a ride because she ran out of gas? exactly! So, since her car was parked there and noticed by the oncoming Amscott manager at 0700 then two guys (if we believe what Casey tells us) helped push her car into that space before seven am (the manager only reported seeing the car...not people) and she sat around picking her nose until 1100 to call? No way! She was up to something and we will figure it out. Does anyone in the area know what else is around that area? I believe that Blanchard park is right there...she very well could have walked to that park, dumped or burried some other evidence like her other phone, mama's CLOTHES, etc... perhaps even taken a shower at the YMCA THAT is along that park trail and by the playground Caylee used to play at. Also, frozen chicken and freezer pops are common in the grab~it~quick section of most convenience stores. Is there one around that area perhaps?? Another thing I just want to add...and it is only my opinion, but Casey is not normal and she is not smart. She did a lot of very stupid things and her stories do not add up. She will be caught!

Brini
09-25-2008, 12:28 PM
maybe she wanted all those gas cans to do a little long-range driviing.

nursebeeme
09-25-2008, 12:28 PM
How do we know the car really was out of gas?

The Tow Yard owner would not be able to tell without a key

So we are left with the word of GA right?

Am I missing something here or is that how we know?When George tried to start the car it was out of gas so he went to get his own gas cans (from first document dump). None of them knew it was out of gas until they tried to start it. But George must have planned ahead....knowing his daughter and her issues with cars, gas, and breaking into the family shed... (interesting family, eh?)

mommaearth
09-25-2008, 12:42 PM
does anyone else remember that there was a gas can found at I think Blanchard park a while back. I think they may have dismissed it because GA's gas cans were returned but now hearing that she went out and bought another. Makes me wonder. I am trying to find an article about when the found that.

The gas cans have bothered me from the start. Something very strange about it IMO.

AmyinTheHam
09-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Just check earlier in this post, it has been brought up. Very possibly a link there.

mommaearth
09-25-2008, 12:51 PM
oops sorry. I haven't had time to read the whole thing:blushingsmiley:

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 12:54 PM
does anyone else remember that there was a gas can found at I think Blanchard park a while back. I think they may have dismissed it because GA's gas cans were returned but now hearing that she went out and bought another. Makes me wonder. I am trying to find an article about when the found that.

The gas cans have bothered me from the start. Something very strange about it IMO.

Not sure about an article, but here are the photos.
http://www.josephsjordan.com/caylee/

beaglebrd
09-25-2008, 12:55 PM
When George tried to start the car it was out of gas so he went to get his own gas cans (from first document dump). None of them knew it was out of gas until they tried to start it. But George must have planned ahead....knowing his daughter and her issues with cars, gas, and breaking into the family shed... (interesting family, eh?)

Bring me up to speed cause I'm confused. When was it that CA and GA were afraid that either KC or Caylee were dead in the trunk and they didn't have the key? They smelled something horrible, but were unable to open the trunk.

bessie
09-25-2008, 12:58 PM
The 27th would've been around the time that Amy sends a text to Troy B saying that she had "everything out of the house but food".
"I have everything out of the house but food which I'm going back for later." (Item 1995, p 149/168)

Could the food have come from there? The car was first noticed at Amscot around 7am. Seems unlikely Casey was on her way anywhere before 7am. More likely, it was left there the night of the 26th. Someone picked her up that night and they hung out together. The next morning, that person brings her to her car. Along the way, she gets the food from Amy's. (Or did she stay at Amy's former place that night with someone? I've got to go back and review a few things.) And then starts calling JG and Tony to pick her up. That person could've just as easily helped her get gas, which makes me think she really wanted to leave the car there.

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Bring me up to speed cause I'm confused. When was it that CA and GA were afraid that either KC or Caylee were dead in the trunk and they didn't have the key? They smelled something horrible, but were unable to open the trunk.

I believe they always had a key. I think the comments from CA were due to the smell in the car and not knowing where Casey and Caylee were at the time. I don't believe they had an issue getting into the trunk.

mommaearth
09-25-2008, 01:07 PM
I wonder if anyone has gone back to get the gas can??

CarrieBean
09-25-2008, 01:09 PM
I wonder if anyone has gone back to get the gas can??

Back where? I imagine LE checked everything out that was found.

CaptLogic
09-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Tow truck driver: The white pontiac was parked with the front of the car towards the curb.

17290449.pdf, pg 57

Okay thanks. So then that would really seem to indicate that she likely did not dump anything there because of an unanticipated empty tank. Why would she unload with the trunk facing the entrance to the parking lot. That is right next to the street too. Seeing as it was the 2nd one, likely this was all planned out.

CaptLogic
09-25-2008, 01:20 PM
The 27th would've been around the time that Amy sends a text to Troy B saying that she had "everything out of the house but food".
"I have everything out of the house but food which I'm going back for later." (Item 1995, p 149/168)

Could the food have come from there? The car was first noticed at Amscot around 7am. Seems unlikely Casey was on her way anywhere before 7am. More likely, it was left there the night of the 26th. Someone picked her up that night and they hung out together. The next morning, that person brings her to her car. Along the way, she gets the food from Amy's. (Or did she stay at Amy's former place that night with someone? I've got to go back and review a few things.) And then starts calling JG and Tony to pick her up. That person could've just as easily helped her get gas, which makes me think she really wanted to leave the car there.

In the Amy text PDF, pt2 on page 27, it shows that Amy got a text from KC on the 27th. It was at 11:34AM presumably while KC was waiting for Tony to pick her up or while in the car with Tony.

That would explain why she text'd Amy after while waiting for Tony about the smell. Maybe Amy gave her a ride to the car with gas can and extra food? Or at the least she met with Amy that morning after leaving Tony's? Someone else gives her a ride to Amscot? or she leaves really early, goes to Amy's before 7am then goes to Amscot? Then she lies and called Tony?

It would make more sense if she met with Amy after 7am and got a ride somehow.

SuziQ
09-25-2008, 01:20 PM

Tony stated in his statement, that Casey spent the night before at his house. That she left early in the morning and said she was coming back. That she called him and picked her up at (11am?)