PDA

View Full Version : GUILTY Australia-Brett Cowan on trial for murder of Daniel Morcombe,13,Queensland,7 Dec 2003

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Kelly
05-05-2004, 11:49 PM
Daniel is missing from Austrailia, but as it was a tourist, area, some family members suspect he may have been taken overseas.

Daniel Morcombe - MISSING, FEARED ABDUCTED

Date of Birth: 19.12.89 (now 14 years old)
Physical Description: 150cm in Height of stocky build with dark collar length hair.

Last Seen: approx 2.10pm Sunday the 7th of December 2003, Under the Kiel Mountain Road overpass on Nambour Connection Road (UBD 66L15) adjacent to the Christian Outreach Centre Woombye, Queensland .

Clothing Worn: A Red 'T' Shirt with the word "Billabong" printed on the front, dark knee length shorts, white socks and light coloured Globe shoes.

Daniel was carrying a distinctive 'fob' style Watch. It is engraved with the word "DAN".
Daniel also had a Wallet containing around $150 cash, a phone card and School ID.

IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING THAT COULD HELP THE INVESTIGATION INTO DANIEL'S DISAPPEARANCE CONTACT CRIME STOPPERS EMAIL crimestoppers@police.qld.gov.au AT ANY TIME. INFORMATION CAN BE PROVIDED ANONYMOUSLY. CASH REWARDS MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR CERTAIN INFORMATION.

News story:

Tuesday, 16th March 2004.
Parents can assist with Daniel Morcombe case
Blue car seen parked near local school, say witnesses
THE blue car linked to the abduction of Palwoods teenager Daniel Morcombe may be
the same vehicle seen parked near a local school in the months before his December
disappearance.
Two witnesses have told police they each saw an earlymodel blue sedan parked in the
vicinity of Woombye State School before Daniel was abducted on Sunday, December 7,
from the nearby Kiel Mountain Road overpass.
Detective Inspector John Maloney was yesterday reluctant to say the car's occupants
had been ''staking out'' the area with the intention of abducting a child but said this was
a potential scenario police were investigating.
''Well, it's a possibility ... and that is why we need to identify the vehicle and eliminate it
from the investigation,'' Det Insp Maloney said.
He said investigations of the car at the centre of Daniel's abduction had dominated
police resources that could otherwise be channelled into other aspects of the
investigation.
''We need to find (the car), identify it and we need to find out why it was here.'' Police
today will wrap up a mammoth four-day doorknock of hundreds of Woombye homes.
Det Insp Maloney hoped that would bring fresh information from residents who
remembered seeing the blue car.
A mobile information booth was also set up yesterday on Pine Grove Road , about 200
m from the Woombye school.
''There may well be someone out there who has seen this car and was suspicious of it ,
parents are generally very wary (about cars near schools) , and maybe someone has
jotted down a registration number,'' Det Insp Maloney said.

Family Website: http://www.danielmorcombe.com.au/index.html
http://www.projectjason.org

Casshew
05-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Interesting case... thanks for posting it kelly.

Kelly
05-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Thank you.

He's certainly a beuatiful child, which makes me so worried he was taken for one of those horrid sex rings. We can only pray he is safe and will be found soon.

Kelly

mindys
05-06-2004, 07:32 PM
A 13 year old had $150 on him, in his wallet??? What for??

What kind of business is the Christian Outreach Center, adjacent to where he was last seen??

AussieAussie
05-08-2004, 10:03 AM

What kind of business is the Christian Outreach Center, adjacent to where he was last seen??
Mindys the Christian Outreach Center is not a business but a church. As far as I know a very regular sort of church, not a 'cult' type

Daniel had $150 on him that he had saved from his pocket money and doing odd jobs for neighbours. He was off to town to buy Christmas presents for his family. He had asked his brothers to go with him but they didn't want to. I am sure they are feeling some guilt but it may have been a lucky thing as their maybe more than Daniel missing from that family now :(

Daniel went missing about a week before his 14th birthday, must have been very hard for his twin brother especially.

Hopefully they will find him soon!
Jayne

Love_Mama
05-08-2004, 04:25 PM
This is just terrible...........how sad. I pray for the family.......it's been so long since he's been missing and it just doesn't look good. I hope he's alive.

Thanks Kelly..............and have a nice Mother's Day tomorrow. I pray for Jason and your family each day too! :blowkiss:

xxxxxxxxxo
mama

Kelly
05-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Thank you, Love Mama.

I couldn't help but be thinking about him and imagining that we see him or hear from him this weekend, but what will be will be and we must carry on just as Daniel's mother must.

Kelly

mindys
05-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Mindys the Christian Outreach Center is not a business but a church. As far as I know a very regular sort of church, not a 'cult' type

Thanks, I was wondering if it was a counseling center type of place, a place where free community meals were served for the needy perhaps, because of its name. Did they offer drug and alcohol counseling? I'm sure the law enforcement there has interviewed all they can who were there that day, including clearing the staff.

And thank you AussieAussie for the other info, he was going Christmas shopping etc., it really helps to have the whole picture.

WasBlind
07-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Prayers for Daniel and those who search for him.

With love and hope, Lanie
Help For The Missing

Kelly
10-05-2004, 12:42 AM
http://townsvillebulletin.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,10974607%255E421,00.html

emma l
10-08-2004, 05:40 AM
Just to let people know that the new raised reward money is £250,000 plus possible immunity from prosecution- for a witness, that DID NOT commit the crime.

I wanted to bump this thread as well. Please go the the site and look at the photos. Daniel could be anywhere and if you know anyone in Australia or are visiting please keep your eyes open..........

The site also asks for any overheard conversations or rumors to be reported. They are desperate for any information at all. Lets try and help. Do you have any Australian friends who have heard rumours?

This case is very high profile in Australia, so the fact that no-one has come forward might well mean that Daniel has been taken out of the country. Don't dissmiss this because its not nearby. Daniel could have had his appearance changed and be living or going to a school near you.

Please help if you can.......

http://www.danielmorcombe.com.au/index.html

WasBlind
11-21-2004, 09:51 AM
Sketches of man seen with Daniel
By Natalie Gregg
November 22, 2004

POLICE have released three sketches of a man seen at a bus stop with missing Sunshine Coast teenager Daniel Morcombe before he was abducted.

The release of the artist's sketches is the biggest development in the investigation into Daniel's suspected murder since his disappearance on December 7 last year. The sketches are of a man who was seen standing behind Daniel at a bus stop at Palmwoods on the Sunshine Coast on the day of his disappearance.

Daniel was 13 when he was abducted while waiting for a bus at the Kiel Mountain Overpass on the Nambour Connection Rd, Palmwoods, between 1.40pm and 2.15pm.

Detective-Inspector Mike Condon said yesterday the release of the sketches was a significant step in the investigation.

Insp Condon said the man had not come forward to police and they were asking the public for information on his identity.

"This is a likeness of the person seen under the bridge," he said. "Clearly that person has not come forward to date. Of course we would like to speak to this person.

"What we are asking is simply this – have a look at the sketches and say to yourself, 'Do I know this person? Is this person associated with the Sunshine Coast area? Does this person have a blue car or a white van?' and if you have an answer to those questions or you believe you can answer one or two of those questions, please contact Crime Stoppers or the Homicide Squad," he said.

Insp Condon said to ensure the accuracy of the images, it had taken police 11 months to put together the sketches.

Insp Condon said police had received about 8600 pieces of information and he expected more leads with the release of the three sketches.

The man is described as aged between 25 and 35 years, with lean to muscular build, about 175cm tall, with a gaunt face and dark brown wavy hair.

Anyone with information should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

The Courier-Mail

Sketches here (http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,11457537%255E421,00.html)

With love and HOPE, Lanie

fourboys
11-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Public's response heartens missing boy's family

November 22 2004

The family of missing Sunshine Coast schoolboy Daniel Morecombe hope the response to sketches of a man wanted over their son's disappearance will provide some answers.
Eyewitnesses helped prepare the pictures of a man Queensland Police believe was standing beside the 13-year-old shortly before he disappeared almost a year ago.

Police have received more than 1,000 calls since the pictures were released last night.

Daniel's father, Bruce Morecombe, says they are trying to be patient.

"It's still unfinished business," he said.

"We need to put this person away and certainly the ID sketches is only a step, it's only a tool to be used to extract a name and find these people."

Daniel's mother, Denise Morecombe, says it is hard to look at the pictures.

"They looked really evil and you just wonder what they have done to Daniel," she said.

"It's horrible looking at them but if the face is out there, someone must know who they are and maybe they can come forward."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200411/s1249101.htm

nicbok
03-19-2005, 10:10 PM
It touches my heart that you've been talking about Daniel's case, thank you. And hi to my fellow Aussie! There is still no news about Daniel, no trace of him has ever been found. The Morecombe family will never give up hope. I don't know this family but I do have a close friend who lives a coupe of minutes from where Daniel disappeared, and she has four children, it terrifies me. I contacted the Queensland Police with a theory about this case a few months ago. Twenty years ago there was a remarkably similar case, two boys, same age as Daniel, walking along the highway were abducted by two men in a car. This happened on the Gold Coast, Daniel disappeared on the Sunshine Coast so about an hour apart but roughly on the same stretch of road. Anyway, one of the abducted boys was killed, the other was a quick thinker and offered to help the killers to torture and kill the other boy and convince them he enjoyed it, and they let him live. There's MUCH more to this story, but both killers were eventually caught. One is still in prison, the other had a sex change operation (at taxpayer's expense whilst still in prison) and was deemed no longer a threat to society and released a few years ago, and is now living life as a woman. However, the person who interests me most is the boy who escaped being killed. Obviously witnessing and participating in the rape, torture, murder and burial of your friend isn't an easy thing to get over and this boy grew up being constantly in trouble with the law, and charges included a sexual assault. That man now lives in the Brisbane area (very near the Sunshine Coast), is the right age to fit the description of the man wanted in Daniel's disappearance and fits the photofit image. If my theory is right, then Daniel may possibly be buried in the sandhills behind a popular Beach, just over the border into NSW, if this boy/man has re-enacted his own crime twenty years later. Far fetched, maybe, but they have absolutely no other leads. I forwarded all my info to the QLD police but heard nothing at all from them.

meggilyweggily
03-20-2005, 01:43 AM
I could be mistaken, but I think Australian dollars are only worth about half what American dollars are. So it would be more like $75 American, if I'm correct. It wouldn't be that unusual for a 13-year-old to have $75 on him in America anyhow. I mean, most sneakers 13-year-olds like to wear cost that much or more.

*is proud of the fact that she has never in her life paid more than $35 for a pair of shoes*

meggilyweggily
03-20-2005, 01:47 AM
Argh. Just checked with the Universal Currency Converter (http://www.xe.com/ucc/) and it says $150 Australian is worth about $119 American. My bad. The thing about the shoes still applies though.

nicbok
03-20-2005, 01:48 AM
The Aussie dollar is up around 78 US cents at the moment. Daniel's family is fairly affluent, from what I can gather - they have spent a huge amount of money on the search campaign and their house is very nice indeed. I don't think the money was a factor in the disappearance - he was waiting for a bus so he wouldn't have been flashing the money around. I don't think the average kid would have that much money on him. I don't know if it was mentioned in the story above but it was a tragic error - the bus that he was meant to catch went by him without stopping and by the time the next bus passed a few minutes later he'd vanished. I would think the abductors were watching him and realised he'd missed the bus.

nicbok
03-20-2005, 01:49 AM
I agree about the shoes!

nicbok
03-20-2005, 01:50 AM
What do you think of my theory Meaghan?

meggilyweggily
03-20-2005, 05:07 AM
It does sound like a stalking kind of abduction to me. I don't think that kind of predator would just randomly happen by in the few minutes between buses. There's always the possibility that Daniel had the worst luck in the world, I suppose, but I think chances are someone was watching him and waiting for their chance.

nicbok
03-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Would it be okay, if you have the time, if I e mailed you the details of both cases, the ones twenty years apart and see if you think there could be a link? I'd really value your opinion.

meggilyweggily
03-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Sure, although I really am an amateur at this thing. Just a 19-year-old history major who's fascinated by true crime.

nicbok
03-21-2005, 12:58 AM
Well so are we all amatuer, but you have your head screwed on right and I've been impressed by your insights. I'd just be curious so see if you think it's within the realms of possibility or just too far fetched. I have no idea at all what happened to Daniel, but if you're trying to figure out who could have taken him, then you build up a profile of the type of person.

nicbok
05-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Quoting myself here but further to this post -

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3634615&thesection=localnews&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=

Iluka Beach is almost exactly where I was talking about - over the border into NSW. I got chills when I saw this story. Part of me hopes I am wrong, part of me hopes I am right if it means bringing Daniel home. I am doubtful though, because the man who found the skeleton said there were fillings in the teeth and that would be unusual for a 14 year old boy . Not unheard of though as Queensland water is not fluoridated. A second article mentions it could be a local man who disappeared 10 years ago but I would be surprised if the teeth remained intact being out in the elements for 10 years with animals etc. There was also no mention of clothing found. http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3634791&thesection=localnews&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=

Either way it will solve one of the cases on my website, which is a good thing for the families.

It touches my heart that you've been talking about Daniel's case, thank you. And hi to my fellow Aussie! There is still no news about Daniel, no trace of him has ever been found. The Morecombe family will never give up hope. I don't know this family but I do have a close friend who lives a coupe of minutes from where Daniel disappeared, and she has four children, it terrifies me. I contacted the Queensland Police with a theory about this case a few months ago. Twenty years ago there was a remarkably similar case, two boys, same age as Daniel, walking along the highway were abducted by two men in a car. This happened on the Gold Coast, Daniel disappeared on the Sunshine Coast so about an hour apart but roughly on the same stretch of road. Anyway, one of the abducted boys was killed, the other was a quick thinker and offered to help the killers to torture and kill the other boy and convince them he enjoyed it, and they let him live. There's MUCH more to this story, but both killers were eventually caught. One is still in prison, the other had a sex change operation (at taxpayer's expense whilst still in prison) and was deemed no longer a threat to society and released a few years ago, and is now living life as a woman. However, the person who interests me most is the boy who escaped being killed. Obviously witnessing and participating in the rape, torture, murder and burial of your friend isn't an easy thing to get over and this boy grew up being constantly in trouble with the law, and charges included a sexual assault. That man now lives in the Brisbane area (very near the Sunshine Coast), is the right age to fit the description of the man wanted in Daniel's disappearance and fits the photofit image. If my theory is right, then Daniel may possibly be buried in the sandhills behind a popular Beach, just over the border into NSW, if this boy/man has re-enacted his own crime twenty years later. Far fetched, maybe, but they have absolutely no other leads. I forwarded all my info to the QLD police but heard nothing at all from them.

nicbok
05-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Skeletal remains identified as missing man - Iluka BeachRead all (http://www.agima.com.au/news.aspx)
10 May 2005

Police have identified skeletal remains found near Main Beach at Iluka last week as those of a missing man.

About 10am Thursday 5 May 2005, council workers found the bones near the sand dunes.

The remains have since been examined with dental records indicating the bones are those of Iluka Beach man Oswald William Langby (also known as Bill Langby) who was born in 1916.

Mr Langby had been listed as missing since 1995.

Inquiries are continuing into the cause of death.

Quoting myself here but further to this post -

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3634615&thesection=localnews&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=

Iluka Beach is almost exactly where I was talking about - over the border into NSW. I got chills when I saw this story. Part of me hopes I am wrong, part of me hopes I am right if it means bringing Daniel home. I am doubtful though, because the man who found the skeleton said there were fillings in the teeth and that would be unusual for a 14 year old boy . Not unheard of though as Queensland water is not fluoridated. A second article mentions it could be a local man who disappeared 10 years ago but I would be surprised if the teeth remained intact being out in the elements for 10 years with animals etc. There was also no mention of clothing found. http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3634791&thesection=localnews&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=

Either way it will solve one of the cases on my website, which is a good thing for the families.

CaliKid
06-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Has there been any news of Daniel?

nicbok
06-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Has there been any news of Daniel?
A few weeks ago the police doorknocked 800 homes near where he went missing and apparently got some leads from that although nothing has happened since. Around the same time police discovered a burnt out car submerged in a creek behind a hotel very near where Daniel was abducted that matched the description of the car that was seen pulled up next to him but the burnt out car has been eliminated from their enquiries.

emma l
08-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Found this small update on Daniel whilst googling him today. It has been so long. I hope they find him.

Car clue found in Daniel Morcombe probe
May 25, 2005 - 7:58AM
http://theage.com.au/news/National/Car-clue-found-in-Daniel-Morcombe-probe/2005/05/25/1116950721960.html
A burnt-out car has been found partially submerged in a creek not far from where teenager Daniel Morcombe disappeared on the Sunshine Coast.
Police said the car, a blue Nissan sedan, was similar in description to the 1980s model dark blue sedan seen near 13-year-old Daniel shortly before he vanished on December 7, 2003.
Witnesses had reported seeing two men, a dark blue 1980s sedan and a white courier van near Daniel as he stood on Nambour Connection Road underpass in Woombye near his Palmwoods home.
Police believe Daniel was abducted and murdered, but his body has never
been found.
A police spokesman today said the car had been uncovered just days after a massive police doorknock of 900 homes and businesses in the Woombye area.
A public tip-off was believed to have led police to the discovery in bushland behind a hotel.
Queensland Police said today the discovery was just another in a long line of cars investigated by police.
"It is not known whether it has any connection to the case but it will be forensically examined as many others have (been) during the 18-month investigation," Police spokesman Leon Bedington told the Courier Mail newspaper today.

www.danielmorcombe.com.au. Please think of Daniel for a moment.

Breehannah6
08-09-2005, 03:25 AM
I as an Aussie living near the Gold Coast dont think the cases Of Daniel Morcombe and the other 2 boys are related, For 1 they were wagging school and believe you me the one that got away was a very streetwise kid (yes I know him he lived behind me at Marsden and his Mum Deleta sold Real Estate)

The one thats out was the weaker of the two the feminine one, Whilst it was bizarre what happened in 1982 I cant believe the two are really connected.I have read in more detail than I would like to the story of the two boys and the soldiers,and have followed the Daniel Morcombe case from day one.

We have had many young people vanish over the years never to be seen again,and the Sunshine Coast is a vast area of sand,pine plantations, pineapples ect... It would be like finding a needle in a haystack.
Daniel was going Christmas shopping that day,the first bus went past saw him but didnt stop he was gone by the time the next bus past.
This was a really busy road he would have been underneath the bridge for shade as it was a very hot day,we are seeing more and more sickos in this country,and a stupid law has been past to allow sex offenders whos only livelhood was working with kids to be allowed back to do it!!! Amazing !

emma l
08-11-2006, 06:14 AM
Bumping for Daniel. www.danielmorcombe.com.au.

missacorah
08-11-2006, 08:59 AM
So so sad - such a good looking child too. Lets hope there is a miracle and he is found. Praying for Daniels safe return.

Bobbisangel
08-12-2006, 04:53 AM
So so sad - such a good looking child too. Lets hope there is a miracle and he is found. Praying for Daniels safe return.

He is really handsome boy. I hope that a miracle happens too. I hope he is still alive but the longer a child is gone the less chance to that there is.

This really blows my mind...what in the world is your government thinking.....

we are seeing more and more sickos in this country,and a stupid law has been past to allow sex offenders whos only livelhood was working with kids to be allowed back to do it!!! Amazing !

Seems to me those perverts can learn a new trade. If I found out a registered sex offender was working in a place that my child went... my child would be taken out of there so fast no one would know he was gone. That is insane.

missacorah
08-12-2006, 08:48 AM
I know - its so frustrating.

I was unaware of the law you spoke of but it seems these sickos want to believe in 'human rights' alot more when its them on the receiving end of punishment or hardship rather than their victims.

mistivon
01-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Peter Cameron: ANOTHER Christmas approaches but there is still little sign of a breakthrough in the disappearance of Daniel Morcombe.

The State Government keeps plugging away with substantial rewards in a bid to solve mysterious crimes such as Morcombe's.

This year millions of dollars were offered in a fresh bid to solve recent murders and suspicious deaths.

It was not surprising that a new police investigation squad was established this year to examine Queensland's unsolved crimes.

The $250,000 reward for information about Daniel Morcombe is untouched despite several promising lines of inquiry from jails and pedophile sources.

The haunting disappearance of this clean-cut 13-year-old from a bus stop on the Nambour Connection Road must surely rank as one of Queensland's most despicable crimes.

Police hold little doubt Daniel was abducted and murdered

more at link:

http://www.gcbulletin.com.au/article/2006/12/21/2447_columnist.html

EdinburghLass
02-25-2007, 03:38 PM
THE parents of the missing Queensland teenager Daniel Morcombe say they have been contacted by a woman who claims to have been in the car with those responsible for abducting him.

Daniel's disappearance three years ago from a Sunshine Coast bus stop sparked the state's biggest manhunt.

In tonight's edition of the ABC's Australian Story, Bruce and Denise Morcombe tell of an unnamed woman, troubled by her conscience, claiming to know how long 13-year-old Daniel lived after being kidnapped and what he was forced to endure.

She claimed to have been in the car with those responsible for the abduction and told the Morcombes where to find their son.

On the program the Morcombes reveal that when they dug at the site they found a piece of red material.

At the time of his disappearance Daniel was wearing a red T-shirt, a colour that has become linked with the case.

More at link - http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/missing-boys-parents-tell-of-horrifying-claims/2007/02/25/1172338469672.html

missacorah
02-26-2007, 01:24 PM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=114639466&MyToken=e16245e4-12e7-4a8a-8b59-4d01303385b6

Very disturbing that some one has set up a myspace account as if they are Daniel and even put a pic of him up. Put his age as 17 though.

EdinburghLass
02-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Whoever made that myspace is a sicko. The address is http://www.myspace.com/gooooone (http://www.myspace.com/gooooone)

I reported it to myspace as abuse. I hope they take it down before his poor family see it, if they havent already.

missacorah
02-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Well done. I will do the same. I also pmd the poster with a few of my opinions on what they had done.They last logged in at the end of January. Disgusting.

dingo
02-27-2007, 11:50 PM
THE parents of the missing Queensland teenager Daniel Morcombe say they have been contacted by a woman who claims to have been in the car with those responsible for abducting him.

Daniel's disappearance three years ago from a Sunshine Coast bus stop sparked the state's biggest manhunt.

In tonight's edition of the ABC's Australian Story, Bruce and Denise Morcombe tell of an unnamed woman, troubled by her conscience, claiming to know how long 13-year-old Daniel lived after being kidnapped and what he was forced to endure.

She claimed to have been in the car with those responsible for the abduction and told the Morcombes where to find their son.

On the program the Morcombes reveal that when they dug at the site they found a piece of red material.

At the time of his disappearance Daniel was wearing a red T-shirt, a colour that has become linked with the case.

More at link - http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/missing-boys-parents-tell-of-horrifying-claims/2007/02/25/1172338469672.html.
I watched this doco and was heartbroken for the family......how cruel of the person making the phone call.....there didnt seem to be any truth behind the call at all......The poor mum had me in tears....I think of Daniel often and pray that one day he will be found.
Prayers for Daniel and his family

missacorah
04-27-2007, 12:52 PM
I just checked the Myspace and appallingly its still up!

missacorah
04-27-2007, 03:23 PM
December 08, 2006 12:00am
Article from: http://www.news.com.au/images/sources/h14_thecouriermail.gif</IMG> (http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/?from=ni_story)
Font size: + (http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20890341-3102,00.html#) - (http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20890341-3102,00.html#)
Send this article: Print (http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20890341-3102,00.html#) Email (http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/email/popup/0,23830,20890341-3102,00.html)

AN angry Bruce Morcombe yesterday used the third anniversary of his teenage son's disappearance to pose a series of shocking and cryptic questions to those responsible for Daniel's abduction.
The six questions, handwritten on the side of a door, revealed for the first time the family's belief that Daniel, 13, had been taken by pedophiles who had given him the nickname "Christmas cake" and that his remains might be in a drum buried in scrub next to a new housing estate.
The questions also raised the theory, for the first time, that the Sunshine Coast schoolboy might have been drugged while in a car, that he was alive for some time after his abduction and that he could have been with someone's sister.
"These questions are purposely targeted to somebody that specifically knows the answer or that can relate to someone talking about something specifically on those very pointed questions," Mr Morcombe said.
"We're really appealing for somebody that knows something, whether anonymously or however – (to) post a note, forward a note, scribble a note, tell somebody else . . . we don't care if it's anonymously. We're after Daniel, not specifically the person that did it at this stage."
Mr Morcombe said he had been prompted to put the questions in the public arena after the family received certain private information from members of the community.
"Everything we receive we forward to police," he said. "Much of it police already had – but some information we received paired up separately to what police also have."
Mr Morcombe said his door message was brief "and perhaps a little cryptic".
"Clearly we want this person caught, but we can't damage a potential trial further down the track so we have to be particularly cautious about what we say," he said.
Mr Morcombe said not a day went by when he and his wife Denise did not think about Daniel, especially as his twin brother Bradley reached life's milestones.
"It's great that we enjoy Bradley growing up but it's particularly cutting to have a smile for one boy and heartache for someone else," he said.
Officer in charge of the Maroochydore CIB, Detective Senior Sergeant Paul Schmidt, said police still worked on the Morcombe investigation every day and had conducted up to 20,000 interviews.
" I know it's been three years but that one phone call, that one little bit of information, might be the key we're looking for," he said. Anyone with information can contact Crime Stoppers anonymously on 1800 333 000.
Mr Morcombe's door, which represents the way to break open the case, has been placed next to Daniel's memorial plinth on the spot he went missing on December 7, 2003, beneath the Keil Mountain Rd overpass on the Nambour Connection Rd.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20890341-3102,00.html

There is obviously something the police and family know that we dont and the sad thing is from this it seems that the family have resigned themselves to the fact that Daniel is passed away.

narlacat
04-27-2007, 05:56 PM
That's because in all likelehood he probably has- or is being held somewhere-

This is a heartbreaking case- he was a gorgeous kid-

I have had a detective ring me re: this case as it looked like I had information about Daniels case- but I didnt- and I have had to turn my mind away from this- it's just too sad- I pray hes still alive somewhere-

emma l
04-28-2007, 06:35 AM
Well done. I will do the same. I also pmd the poster with a few of my opinions on what they had done.They last logged in at the end of January. Disgusting.

I have done the same. I am urging all my friends to. At the bottom of the myspace page there is a link whoich says "report inappropriate content" or something like that. Please all do it if you have an account.

narlacat
05-01-2007, 05:49 AM

A normal regular church- like Aussie said- just to agree with her/him/hir

missacorah
05-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Wasnt he going Xmas shopping and thats why he was carrying that amount of cash?

Narlacat, what did the detective say to you concerning your info on the case?

Kat
08-21-2009, 03:21 PM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25964922-421,00.html

August 22, 2009 12:01am

...DANIEL Morcombe may be buried within 5km of where he disappeared, according to potentially explosive new information extracted during prison cell chess games between an accused murderer and a pedophile...

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-28-2010, 07:13 PM
17,500 leads on Daniel Morcombe

QUEENSLAND'S top cop has again pledged police will not rest until those responsible for the suspected abduction and murder of Palmwoods schoolboy Daniel Morcombe are found.

Police commissioner Bob Atkinson said despite police investigating almost 17,500 lines of inquiry, police just needed that one piece of information to solve the mystery.

[snip]

On Saturday night, hundreds decked themselves out in red at the fifth annual Dance for Daniel - a major fundraiser for the Daniel Morcombe Foundation which works to provide child safety education and support for young victims of crime across Australia.

More: http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/03/06/they-danced-for-daniel/

imamaze
07-14-2010, 10:32 PM
posted by: kileyizzle

Facebook Daniel Morcombe (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=40998946653&ref=ts)

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
09-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Morcombes helped dad find son, 6

AFTER suffering the pain of losing their own son, Bruce and Denise Morcombe have been instrumental in helping another parent find his lost child.

More: http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/09/14/daniels-legacy-helps-to-find-lost-son-6-morcombes-/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Morcombe inquest told of row with bus driver

[snip]

Katherine Bird was travelling with her boyfriend on a Sunbus from Nambour to Maroochydore on December 7, 2003 when the bus broke down.

The Maroochydore Coroners Court heard that when they got on a replacement bus almost half an hour later, the bus passed by a teenage boy who had tried to hail it at the Kiel Mountain Road overpass.

Ms Bird said the bus slowed down briefly, but then kept going.

She said she noticed a "strange man" standing a few hundred metres away looking at the boy.

Ms Bird said she had words with the driver because he was a child and they were already late, but she was warned to sit down or would be kicked off the bus.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/12/3035711.htm?section=justin

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Daniel Morcombe inquest hears from bus driver

[snip]

The coroner's court today heard from bus driver Ross Edmonds whose vehicle broke down that day.

When a replacement bus came along, Mr Edmonds said he was ordered not to pick up any more passengers.

He said when he passed by a young boy on the side of the road with a man standing nearby, he indicated that another bus would soon follow.
But by the time it came, Daniel Morcombe was gone.

Fellow bus driver Jeff Norman told the court Sunbus has since changed its policy to ensure children are always picked up.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/12/3036489.htm?section=justin

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Police search records for Morcombe lead

An investigator in the Daniel Morcombe case has defended a decision not to send for forensic examination a bag of clothes given to the teenager's father by a person of interest.

[snip]

"The person who delivered the clothes to the Morcombes had obtained them from someone who we believed had no credibility in relation to the information that she had been receiving."

Det-Sgt Barnes said the person of interest - identified in court only as P3 - had since made admissions during a subsequent Crime and Misconduct Commission hearing that she had provided information to the Morcombes that was in no way related to their son's case.

[snip]

Det Sgt Barnes said P3 and at least one other of the 35 persons of interest - none of whom have been elevated to the level of 'suspect' - had made admissions to being involved in Daniel's abduction on the Sunshine Coast on December 7, 2003.

More: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1382382/Police-search-records-for-Morcombe-lead

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-14-2010, 03:39 AM
Morcombe investigators chase mystery caller

Queensland police are today acting on fresh information in a bid to track down a mystery caller who may be able to shed new light on Daniel Morcombe's disappearance.

Seven years after the 13-year-old boy vanished, police are now reviewing the call records of everyone who contacted a Sunshine Coast bus company between midday and midnight on December 7, 2003.

[snip]

The inquest, at the Maroochydore Coroners Court, was this week told that an anonymous woman rang up Sunbus about 3.30pm asking about a missing child.

[snip]

Detective Sergeant Tracey Barnes, who authored a 71-page police report on Daniel's disappearance, told the inquest today police had now accessed the reverse call-charge records from that day.

More: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/morcombe-investigators-chase-mystery-caller-20101014-16ksz.html?from=brisbanetimes_sb

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Police defend delay in Morcombe tip investigation

Police have defended why they waited six weeks to doorknock an area of Queensland's Sunshine Coast after new information in the Daniel Morcombe investigation surfaced.

[snip]

The inquest has also heard details about some of the persons of interest to the investigation.

The police brief to the coroner includes 35 people that detectives are looking into in relation to the 13-year-old's disappearance.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/14/3038680.htm?section=justin

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Police defend their investigation into the disappearance of Daniel Morcombe

Police have defended their investigation into the disappearance of Daniel Morcombe, the most extensive in Queensland history.
An inquest into the boy's disappearance was told of a two-year delay in an FBI recommendation to re-interview a key person of interest.

[snip]

In February 2006 he recommended police double-check inconsistencies in the statements of one man, known to police as person of interest 1, or P1.

But Detective Sergeant Tracey Barnes told the inquest that the man was not interviewed again until a Crime and Misconduct Commission hearing in November 2007.

[snip]

The hearing is expected to canvass more information about the police investigation into the 33 persons of interest today.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/police-defend-their-investigation-into-the-disappearance-of-daniel-morcombe/story-e6frg6nf-1225938918867

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Witnesses misled police

THE police investigation into Daniel Morcombe’s disappearance was clouded by false information from at least one person of interest.

The assertion came as police were yesterday hammered over why some pieces of information – including a report that a woman saw a man punch a white sheet rising up in the back of a blue car at Eudlo the day the 13-year-old went missing – took weeks to follow up.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/10/15/investigating-police-daniel-morcombe-witnesses-/

kileyizzle
10-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Thank you the constant updates as the inquest takes place... wow i still remember the day he went missing - hopefully this get's some kind of answers for the Morcombe family.

There is some more activity on his FB page due to the inquest which is always a positive because i'm sure there is STILL someone out there with information.

Regaurding the inquest. I find it to be a key point of intrest the following.

1 > A woman called @ 3:30 to question the company about a missing child - that HAD NOT been reported missing. This leads me to question "organized crime" - This links in with the two men under the bridge. This may have been like a " how much time do we have " idea to plot out the plans.

2 > A suspicious vehicle loitering around schools? What pedofiles take a break on the weekends do they? Why was it not public information to the parents or to the neighbourhoods around that area? Teachers, Parents Etc.

I used to work in OSCH - this is Before and After school care for kids - my POINT is that we were notified from a concerned parent & authoritys that there was a suspected pedofile loitering around the school - Each night we had 40 - 50 kids in our care and they would run riot around the school - Low and behold there the scumbag was watching the kids from overtop of a low fence. I was only 19 then but had no problem approaching this guy and simply saying " Your not supposed to be here - you know why - leave or i will have no problem contacting the police " he muttered a few things under his breath and eventually left MY POINT IS - there are policys in place to follow IF people are aware.

3 > 2 minutes for another bus to come? on a busy highway? then he's gone - Something went down during that two minutes. The frustrating thing is he was standing under an overpass - meaning ariels shots would be void? would they not? i'm just wondering... like would it be possible to still get shots from that day at all?

I've been following this case for a long times - just... throwing out mah 2 cents..

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks, kileyizzle! You bring up some interesting points. I was only in high school when Daniel went missing, and in the United States, so I haven't been following his case very long. But as soon as I heard of it, I latched on.

ITA with you about your points. The phone call regarding a missing child...BEFORE Daniel was even reported missing... I hope they can find out who made that call. It sounds like they do have the records, so hopefully they can put that together. I wonder if the "scruffy" man and the man in the suspicious blue car are one in the same.

I am so glad that there is an inquest into Daniel's case. I hope that it brings about some answers for his family.

kileyizzle
10-14-2010, 10:11 PM
http://www.braidwoodtimes.com.au/news/national/national/general/inside-the-daniel-morcombe-inquest/1970033.aspx?storypage=1

There was a bag of clothes handed over to the family by a person of intrest - i would like to know what it was EXACTLY that ruined her credabilty as such. I mean; the police have gone to excessive measures to chase up anything and everything in the area to his dissapearence so why would they not extend it to testing a few items of clothing for DNA even if it were not the break in the case?

I have a feeling that person of intrest double backed when she realised she was suddenly on under the intense scrutiny of the police - under oath or not people will do anything to save their own butts before helping another person.

Another thing i picked up on that article is that they are under the impression it was a team operation - not just a random abduction. ( meaning they planned to abduct before hand but not the victim )

Daniel was only 13 so he would of looked like he was just fresh out of primary school - which would appeal to that theory. IMHO i say they stalked out the area for a few weeks saw an oppourtunity and took it.

I was in high school as well 15 or 16 when it happened - but it was all over the news - just horrible to think that he could vanish from such a busy place with no trace at all.

The inquest is a brilliant thing for the family - it puts Daniels face back out there for the public and reignites awareness for everyone. It also puts fresh eyes on the case. And by the sounds of it they are bringing out information that nobody has heard before. New leads. The more people hear the better at this stage im sure that new information will surface due to this. Let's just pray we finally get some answers...

kileyizzle
10-14-2010, 10:25 PM
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/person-of-interest-committed-suicide-after-police-interview-about-daniel-morcombe/story-e6frg6nf-1225939181037

A person of intrest committed sucide a few days after being interveiwed by police about daniel morcombe... More information about other persons of intrest in that article also: Specifically two who had in possession a "fob" watch and a gold coloured sedan... (the square looking car)...

Just a jump here - but you know when your in the sun for a while and you go inside and everything seems darker... could it be mistaken that the "blue" car was just a shades darker due to the effects of the sun.. i dunno i don't think they should be dismissed IMHO

kileyizzle
10-14-2010, 10:28 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/15/3039478.htm?section=justin

P20 was interviewed by police in July 2004.

Three days later he was found dead in a white van, but his suicide note mentioned nothing about the boy's disappearance.

The court heard P20 owned two other white vans - one that was dumped at a tip and another used by the brother of another person of interest called P21

kileyizzle
10-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Pedophiles 'not involved with Morcombe' -

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/pedophiles-not-involved-with-morcombe-20101015-16mpt.html

Two pedophiles were not raised to the level of 'suspect' in the Daniel Morcombe case because their mode of procuring boys.

Detective Senior Constable Ross Hutton told the court the two persons of interest (POI) - identified in court as P23 and P24 - were part of a network of pedophiles who used the chatroom 'Boy Love' to talk about their sordid interest

"Their method was to get young males around 12 to 13-year-old age, and groom them by saying 'hey let's go bike riding, let's go four-wheel driving'," Snr Const Hutton said.

He told the court police photos found at P24's home confirmed the pair were grooming young boys on the Sunshine Coast at the time Daniel disappeared, but that time and date-stamps on the photos placed them in different suburbs.

Hope they checked that the date stamps weren't fiddled with...

kileyizzle
10-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Missing boys dad 'not angry' at police -
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/missing-boys-dad-not-angry-at-police-20101015-16mpt.html

Speaking outside the Maroochydore Coroners Court on Friday, Bruce Morcombe said the first week of the inquest into his son's disappearance had been "draining" on the family.

However he said they were satisfied the hearing was still uncovering further potentially crucial avenues for investigation.

"We're getting closer," he said.

"We're chiselling away, and I'm sure what's been revealed today and over the preceding days is a clue that there's more information than perhaps some of the associates (of the persons of interest) would be aware of."

kileyizzle
10-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Morcombe person of interest assaulted sister

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/15/3039939.htm?section=justin

Ross Hutton said a person of interest, known as P5, had been jailed for abducting and sexually assaulting a young boy in central Queensland in 1995.

Detective Hutton said phone records showed a three-hour window of opportunity for P5 to commit the crime, but doubts were raised about whether he could drive to Woombye and back in that time.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Missing boys dad 'not angry' at police -
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/missing-boys-dad-not-angry-at-police-20101015-16mpt.html

Speaking outside the Maroochydore Coroners Court on Friday, Bruce Morcombe said the first week of the inquest into his son's disappearance had been "draining" on the family.

However he said they were satisfied the hearing was still uncovering further potentially crucial avenues for investigation.

"We're getting closer," he said.

"We're chiselling away, and I'm sure what's been revealed today and over the preceding days is a clue that there's more information than perhaps some of the associates (of the persons of interest) would be aware of."

I hope that Daniel's family can continue to stay strong during this inquest, while they await answers. I hope that something will come to light that will lead to Daniel being found.

kileyizzle
10-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Police request on suspect rejected, inquest told

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/police-request-on-suspect-rejected-inquest-told/story-e6frg6nf-1225939394739

From the outset, one of the main persons of interest was P5, who is in jail after being convicted of violent sex offences stemming from the investigation.

Detective Senior Constable Ross Hutton yesterday told the inquest that the day after Daniel went missing, P5 travelled to Noosa via the Nambour Connection Rd -- where Daniel was last seen with two men and a blue car.

kileyizzle
10-15-2010, 07:08 PM
More information about P5 -

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/10/16/daniel-morcombe-disappeared-snatcher/

Police first spoke to P5 on December 10 and then again on December 12 and 16. Each time he changed his story about his movements on the weekend Daniel disappeared

kileyizzle
10-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Persons of Intrest Daniel Morcombe Case -

From what i could get out of news articles atleast it's a little something to go by.
P3 - Delivered clothes to the Morcombe Family ( Clothes were not submitted into forensics ) The clothes were obtained from someone who was deemed to have no credabilty.Later disclosed that the clothes were not related to Daniels case in a crime and misconduct hearing.

P5 - Currently serving time in jail for an offence against his sister. Was previously in jailed for an abducting and sexually assaulting a young boy in central queensland. Phone records show a three hour window for P5 to commit the crime - doubts have been raised if he would be able to cover the distance in the alotted time. Police requested to raise P5 to suspect but was denied. ( They wanted to track him ) P5 travelled to Noosa via the Nambour road connection -The last area Daniel was seen. P5 was reported to also recieve a letter while in prison saying " We killed that kid the parents need to know " - One of the main Persons of intrest. Drove a blue car - has changed his story P5 was interveiwed by PD on the 10th , 12rh and 16th last account was that he was visiting a freinds home and then another at 5 Pm.

P20 - Commited sucide shortly after interveiwed by police about Daniel ( was found in a white van ) . Owner of a white van. Worked around the area doing cash in hand work. (Hard to place him at any time) Also had a freind who owned a blue car. Van was breifly searched but not deemed close enough to eye witness accounts to have forensic tests run. P20 was reported to suffer from bipolar with admission of previous sucide attempts. Left short sucide note did not mention Daniel. No physical evidence linking him to Daniel but death had prevented further questioning from police.

P21 - Former Partner of P20's Daughter. Was reported to have a "Fob" watch ( Key Peice of Evidence ) And a blue sedan that was never located.

P23 - Part of network of pedophiles used chatroom " Boy Love " to discuss interests.

P24 - Part of a network of pedophiles used chatroom " Boy Love " to discuss intrests.
Photos found at P24's house confirmed P24 & P23 were "grooming" boys - time and date stamps confirm they were in diffrent suburbs from where Daniel was abducted.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the POI recap, kileyizzle!

On a side note, I really like how they've done the numbering of the POIs. Makes it so they can release information without actually releasing information...if you know what I mean. It makes it very difficult, if not impossible, to do any sleuthing on POIs. But it does get info out there.

I think P5, P20, P21 sound most likely, IMO.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-16-2010, 03:59 PM
The letter to P5 (who is sounding more and more likely, IMO):

To (the person of interest),
I can't handle this anymore. Daniel Morcombe's picture is in the paper, it's on the TV. I see him when I sleep all the time. I'm going off my head for what we've done to him. I have to clear my conscious. I will go to police soon. You're in jail now, what does it matter if you stay there. You killed the poor kid, his parents need to know.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/10/16/daniel-morcombe-disappeared-snatcher/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Interest surges in Morcombe case

Police investigating the disappearance of Daniel Morcombe have received more than 100 pieces of information since the coronial inquest into his case began last week.

[snip]

Yesterday the website set up for the Daniel Morcombe Foundation crashed for the second time in a week, apparently because of a huge increase in traffic resulting from the inquest.

Police are also pursuing a new lead, which emerged last week.

[snip]

Evidence last week revealed how police had ruled out a number of persons of interest who were investigated in relation to Daniel's disappearance. The inquest will resume on Monday, October 25 and continue for four days where more police officers are expected to give further evidence about other persons of interest.

After that evidence it will be decided which persons of interest and if any of their associates should be summonsed to give evidence in front of Coroner Michael Barnes.

More: http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/10/17/interest-surges-daniel-morcombe-inquest-continues/

Adorable picture of Daniel at link.

kileyizzle
10-17-2010, 07:21 AM
Just checking in - and yes ITA with how they have organised the persons of intrests - and in no way shape or form am i going to defend criminal activity but it does ensure that information is delivered to the public in a means that "their" identitys are kept private. I'm also assuming it was for their protection also. People are livid about this and to be completely honest i wouldn't blame the communtiy for wanting blood. I know i would.

Thank you for linking the letter writtent to P5 - they are ONE of the main persons of intrests and it's easy to see why. The inquest starts up again next monday for four days i can imagine that there would be an absolute onslaught of information to come.

From the gist of what i've been reading and catching up on they have been ruling quite a few out which is brilliant news for the family.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Morcombe inquest sparks child protection plea

Queensland's Minister for Child Safety says he will decide if there are lessons to be learnt, once the Daniel Morcombe coronial inquest concludes.

[snip]

"Child safety is everyone's responsibility and I ... [ask] everyone to don't turn a blind eye about the protection of children and young people. If you see something that doesn't look right, report it to the appropriate authorities," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/18/3041012.htm

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Local man linked to Morcombe case

[snip]

The inquest has heard detectives started investigating a known pedophile from Goodna soon after Daniel disappeared.

The man, referred to as P5 in the inquest being held in Maroochydore Coroners Court, was jailed for eight years for abducting and assaulting a boy in Gladstone in the 1990s.

He was released from jail on November 7, 2003, one month before Daniel disappeared.

Detective Senior Constable Ross Hutton read out a letter in the inquest sent to P5 in prison that was intercepted by police.

[snip]

Snr Const Hutton said P5 was investigated because of his criminal history, his association with the Sunshine Coast and because he drove a blue car, the same colour as the one thought to have been used in Daniel’s abduction.

The inquest heard P5 told police he was at home in Goodna the day Daniel disappeared.

Phone records showed a three-hour window of opportunity to commit the crime but doubts were raised about whether he could drive to Woombye and back in that time.

More: http://www.qt.com.au/story/2010/10/19/daniel-morcombe-police-grilled-ipswich-pedophile/

kileyizzle
10-19-2010, 07:44 PM
I was just comng to post those exact articles. :D way to go man! <3

kileyizzle
10-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Police officer defends his handling of the disappearance of Daniel Morcombe

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/a-man-similar-to-one-identified-in-daniel-morcombe-case-was-later-spotted-at-police-station/story-e6frg6nf-1225943266703

“Essentially a missing person report, if generated by me, would have been forwarded to an empty office. It wouldn't have advanced the matter. A broadcast advanced the matter.”

kileyizzle
10-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Daniel Morcombe inquest: Male sexual partners were persons of interest because of 'revenge'
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/daniel-morcombe-inquest-male-sexual-partners-were-persons-of-interest-because-of-revenge/story-e6freoof-1225944426711

- One of the most significant persons of interest in the Morcombe case, codenamed P1, was "a liar of the highest order", wasting "thousands and thousands and thousands of hours" of police time with false accounts of Daniel's abduction and his body's whereabouts because he despised police.

• Police could not link P1 and a man he implicated, P2, to the events of December 7, 2003, and evidence pointed to them not even being associated until December 23 of that year

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-30-2010, 11:57 PM
1000 people wearing red shirts march for child safety, Daniel Morcombe

A SEA of red-shirted citizens have moved through the Sunshine Coast hinterland to honour missing teenager Daniel Morcombe and to campaign for child safety.

Queensland police commissioner Bob Atkinson and local politicians were among a crowd of more than 1000 mainly red-shirted participants at the annual Day for Daniel activities yesterday.

The walk passed over the Kiel Mountain Road overpass of the Bruce Highway where 13-year-old Daniel went missing while waiting for a bus on the Sunshine Coast on December 7, 2003.

His parents' tireless efforts since have created the Day for Daniel, now a national event aimed at making the world a safer place for children, highlighted by the wearing of red and safety activities.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/people-wearing-red-shirts-march-for-child-safety-daniel-morcombe/story-e6freon6-1225945438257=

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
11-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Missing pieces in Morcombe puzzle

SEPARATING the truth from the lies churned out by people firmly entrenched in the criminal underworld has made the Daniel Morcombe investigation an unfathomable task.

Most of the persons of interest in the 13-year-old’s disappearance from an unofficial bus stop at Woombye on December 7, 2003, have no idea what the truth is or they choose to ignore it in favour of playing games at other people’s expense.

For others, the truth is so drug-muddled they can barely recollect what happened the day before let alone recall their actions weeks or years prior.

More: http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/11/01/missing-pieces-morcombe-puzzle/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
12-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Man jailed for falsely accusing neighbour of killing Daniel Morcombe to be released
11 Nov 2010

A man jailed for 18-months for placing posters around Brisbane accusing a neighbour of the abduction and murder of Daniel Morcombe has had his term reduced to a wholly-suspended three-month term and is to be released immediately.

The Court of Appeal in Brisbane this morning set aside the sentence imposed on Gary Robert Morris, 52 of Samford, after he was convicted in the District Court of unlawful stalking on June 11.

The court had been told Morris placed up to 150 posters around the northern Brisbane suburbs of Ferny Grove and Samford between May and July, 2008, suggesting his neighbour, with whom he had been fighting, killed the missing Sunshine Coast teenager.

More: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/man-jailed-for-falsely-accusing-neighbour-of-killing-daniel-morcombe-to-be-released/story-e6frf7jx-1225952660064

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
12-03-2010, 02:14 AM
Day for Daniel promotes safety

ST MARY Magdalene’s Primary students wore their best red clothes and watched a mass of red balloons fly into the sky for their annual Day for Daniel.

More: http://waverley-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/day-for-daniel-promotes-safety/

Special day for Daniel

[snip]

Co-ordinator of the day's activities Leonie White said, "Remember Day for Daniel is not a memorial day.

It is a day where we can use the very real story as an example to children of the need to be equipped with skills and confidence to recognise dangerous situations or physical abuse and do something about it."

More: http://www.catholicleader.com.au/news.php/schools-news/special-day-for-daniel_70815

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
12-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Morcombes launch child safety DVD

The family of missing Queensland teenager Daniel Morcombe has released an updated child-safety DVD tackling bullying and cyber safety.

Daniel was 13 when he was last seen on December 7, 2003 on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, when he disappeared without a trace.

His parents have since set up a foundation in his name to promote child safety.

More: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/morcombes-launch-child-safety-dvd-20100908-150nu.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
12-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Morcombe kidnapper 'ready to confess'

A man will confess to abducting Daniel Morcombe on Thursday, according to a convicted killer who shares a prison cell with him.

[snip]

The fellow inmate, who is a person of interest in the case and due to give evidence at a Brisbane inquest on Thursday, told him he was responsible for the abduction, P1 told the court this morning.

"I saw him yesterday. I said if you're responsible for this you get in there and give this family closure," he said. "He said 'don't worry, it will all end Thursday'."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/morcombe-kidnapper-ready-to-confess-20101213-18uxf.html

:praying:

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
12-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Morcombe confessor 'seeking revenge'

A MAN expected to make a courtroom confession to the abduction and murder of Daniel Morcombe has concocted a story out of revenge and should not be believed, a detective says.

Detective Senior Constable Virginia Gray told the Brisbane Coroners Court on Wednesday that a person of interest (POI) in the case - known as P33 - had given police a "disturbingly detailed account" of how he and his older male lover, P32, had snatched the 13-year-old from a Sunshine Coast bus stop on December 7, 2003.

More: http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/story/2010/12/15/p2-daniel-morcombe-inquest-court-money/

Witnesses 'disgusting human beings'

THE parents of Daniel Morcombe (pictured) have described the adoptive father and son expected to give evidence today and tomorrow as "disgusting human beings".

[snip]

P32 and P33 will give evidence today and tomorrow. The son has made allegations against a man he has a sexual relationship but calls his father.

He has claimed his father abducted, raped and killed Daniel Morcombe.

More: http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/story/2010/12/15/p2-daniel-morcombe-inquest-court-money/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
12-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Daniel Morcombe inquest: Parents don't expect answers

THE parents of missing teenager Daniel Morcombe say they don't expect the case will be solved through evidence from a man claiming to be involved in their son's abduction.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/daniel-morcombe-inquest-parents-dont-expect-answers/story-e6frfku0-1225972043689#ixzz18JDzNGPk

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
12-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Child rapist tells inquest of Morcombe's final hours

A convicted child rapist has told the inquest into the 2003 disappearance of Daniel Morcombe that he was present when the Queensland teenager was killed.

The man, known as P33, testified in the Brisbane Coroner's Court that he and another man abducted Daniel while the boy was waiting for a bus at Woombye on the Sunshine Coast.

He said they took Daniel to a hut on the Greenbank Army reserve where the boy was drugged.

More: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/12/16/3094979.htm

'Monster' tells how Daniel died

A child rapist described as a "monster" by the parents of Daniel Morcombe has told how his lover killed the teenager inside an abandoned hut before dumping his corpse in the Brisbane River.

The 38-year-old man, known as P33, claimed he assisted his partner, known as P32, to snatch Daniel from the Sunshine Coast seven years ago.

He told the inquest for the missing 13-year-old that he could have saved the teenager from sexual abuse and death but chose not to.

More: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/monster-tells-how-daniel-died-20101216-18zgd.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
12-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Witness says he was present at murder, but police have doubts

A CONVICTED child rapist has told an inquest into Daniel Morcombe's disappearance that he was three metres away when the boy was killed.

[snip]

The man, in jail for raping his daughter, said he had told police his former lover, a 60-year-old man known as P32, had bundled the then 13-year-old into a van.

He said he had helped tie the teenager up and later saw P32 sexually assault the boy while saying: ''You gotta try this.''

[snip]

Police have said they believe he is lying because many parts of his story do not add up.

[snip]

Outside the court, Daniel's parents, Bruce and Denise Morcombe, said: ''We don't hold out an enormous amount of faith but we do want to hear what he has to say.''

The hearing continues.

More: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/witness-says-he-was-present-at-murder-but-police-have-doubts-20101216-18zqj.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
12-17-2010, 02:52 AM
Morcombe's father hopes 'truth comes out'

The father of missing Queensland teenager Daniel Morcombe says he is confident a man will be put to the test over his claims of involvement in the schoolboy's disappearance.

[snip]

P33 is expected to be cross-examined at length today by several lawyers when he re-enters the witness box, including Peter Boyce for the Morcombe family.

Bruce Morcombe say he hopes the truth comes out.

"I'm sure those legal people will be examining that intently today - comparing what he said previously and what he provided in court," he said.

"As the coroner said yesterday, perjury is a very serious offence."

More: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/12/17/3095826.htm

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
12-17-2010, 02:53 AM
Child rapist denies fabricating Morcombe murder claim

A child rapist who claims he and an accomplice were responsible for abducting Queensland teenager Daniel Morcombe has denied he fabricated stories about what happened.

[snip]

Senior counsel Alan MacSporran suggested the man made up stories about Daniel's disappearance to implicate P32, after years of sexual abuse.
P33 has denied the allegation.

He also denied claims he fabricated his evidence as payback because he blames P32 for his own incarceration.

Lawyer for the Morcombes, Peter Boyce, suggested to the man he has done significant damage to the Morcombes by admitting he was a party to their son's death and that he continues to torture the family by lying.

But P33 insists he is telling the truth about the fate of Daniel Morcombe.

"It's not a lie sir, no," he said.

More: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/12/17/3095938.htm

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
12-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Morcombes tell of anguish and hope as Daniel's 21st birthday approaches

BRUCE and Denise Morcombe will rise to an occasion tomorrow - the 21st birthday of their twin boys Daniel and Bradley.

They will greet the day with strength and hope, because these are the qualities that have defined them since the suspected abduction and murder of Daniel about seven years ago.

More: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/morcombes-tell-of-anguish-and-hope-as-daniels-21st-birthday-approaches/story-e6freuzr-1225973042723

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
12-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Morcombe inquest to resume in 2011

The inquest into missing Sunshine Coast teenager Daniel Morcombe is set to resume in Brisbane next year.

http://www.skynews.com.au/national/article.aspx?id=553476&vId=2026021

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
02-25-2011, 12:47 AM
Daniel's parents' two days of hell
10 Feb 2011

The parents of missing schoolboy Daniel Morcombe say police initially thought it possible that bones found in a 44 gallon drum at Caboolture could be their son’s.

[snip]

He said witness testimony at an ongoing inquest that their son’s body had been dumped in a barrel meant the drum’s contents were of significant interest.

[snip]

Mr Morcombe said he was completely confident in police who had ruled out the remains in the drum being those of their son.

More: http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/02/10/daniel-morcombe-police-caboolture-bones-dead/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
02-25-2011, 12:52 AM
Anger over forced bus disembarks

Adult bus passengers are having to get off crowded buses to make from for children, on the busy route between Woolloongabba and Herston.

The Rail Bus and Tram Union has confirmed drivers have had to ask people to get off packed buses in particular on route 66, because under Translink policy they are not allowed to leave children alone at bus stops.

[snip]

'What they've done with this poilcy, is a reaction to the Daniel Morcombe case,' Mr Matters said.

More: http://www.skynews.com.au/local/article.aspx?id=581552&vId=

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-23-2011, 12:36 AM
Morcombe's father calls for children distress signal

The parents of missing teenager Daniel Morcombe on Queensland's Sunshine Coast are trialing what they hope will become an international distress signal for children in trouble.

[snip]

Mr Morcombe is now testing two different hand signals at schools on the Sunshine Coast this week.

He says creating a special hand signal for children to use when they are in danger could save lives.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/21/3169218.htm?site=sunshine&section=news&date=%28none%29

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Daniel supporter pays rent for year

ONE of the Daniel Morcombe Foundation's most generous supporters has offered to pay the rent for their new Maroochydore office until Christmas next year.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/03/25/daniel-supporter-pays-rent-for-year-morcombe/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Daniel Morcombe inquest resumes in Qld

An inquest into the disappearance and suspected abduction of Queensland teen Daniel Morcombe will resume on Monday.

[snip]

The inquest will run for another two weeks, with the second week to be held at Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8229190/daniel-morcombe-inquest-resumes-in-qld

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Daniel's inquest resumes today

IT might be a new year, but the same goal remains for the Morcombe family.

The quest for answers about their son’s disappearance continues today for Bruce and Denise Morcombe.

During the last sittings of the coronial inquest into Daniel’s disappearance many lies were spun by people giving evidence.

This week the inquest returns to Brisbane Magistrates Court where more persons of interest are set to testify.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/03/28/daniels-inquest-resumes-today-morcombe/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-28-2011, 02:07 PM
'Sensitive' evidence for Morcombe inquest

The coronial inquest into the suspected death of Daniel Morcombe will hear "particularly sensitive" evidence as it resumes in Brisbane Coroners Court this week.

Peter Johns, counsel assisting Coroner Michael Barnes, this morning warned the court witnesses would give evidence about child victims of sexual abuse.

More: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/sensitive-evidence-for-morcombe-inquest-20110328-1ccps.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Witness lied to police, Morcombe inquest told

[snip]

The witness, who cannot be identified, told the inquest in Brisbane that the person of interest told her to tell police he was on the Gold Coast.

She says she told police the man was at her Goodna home, west of Brisbane, where they spent the day arguing.

She now says the man, known as P5, left the property and was gone for three to five hours.

The witness told the court the man had told her to lie for him and that she did so because she both loved and feared him.

But she said she was not sure why she maintained the lie for five years, even after the man was returned to jail for raping his sister.

More: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/28/3175184.htm

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Pervert to give evidence

A CONVICTED pedophile is expected to give evidence today in the coronial inquest into Daniel Morcombe's suspected murder.

The man, known as P5, was first investigated by police in relation to Daniel's abduction two days after the teenager went missing.

More: http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/03/29/pervert-to-give-evidence-daniel-morcombe/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Woman lied for pedophile lover

A MOTHER with young teenage children lied to police about where her pedophile boyfriend was on the day Daniel Morcombe was abducted.

She knew police were investigating her boyfriend, a man known as P5. She was so “blinded” by love that she lied to say her boyfriend was with her all day on Sunday, December 7, 2003.

Yesterday she told an inquest that P5 left her home at Goodna and was gone for up to five hours on the day Daniel disappeared.

[snip]

The woman said P5 told her he was in jail for a bank robbery.

She said she did not find out until later that P5 had been behind bars for snatching a young boy from a group of his friends and sexually assaulting him.

http://www.cqnews.com.au/story/2011/03/29/woman-lied-for-pedophile-lover-daniel-morcombe/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Threat made teen lie: Morcombe inquest

A teenager lied to police about a pedophile's movements on the day Daniel Morcombe was abducted because he feared he would be beaten, a court has been told.

The witness told an inquest into Daniel's disappearance that the man, identified in court as P5, had threatened to "smash" him if he didn't say they were at home together on December 7, 2003.

More: http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/threat-made-teen-lie-morcombe-inquest-20110329-1cecx.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Mum tells of son's part in kidnap

“I HOPE you both had nothing to do with the disappearance of this little boy.”

That was what a mother told her 15-year-old son – and the pedophile he had been spending a lot of time with – only a week after Daniel Morcombe disappeared.

The pedophile, known as P5, did not say anything.

More: http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/03/30/mum-fearing-sons-part-kidnap-morcombe-case-coast/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-30-2011, 02:14 AM
Person of interest testifies at Morcombe inquest

A person of interest at the Daniel Morcombe coronial inquest says he was not on Queensland's Sunshine Coast the day the 13-year-old boy disappeared.

[snip]

A man dubbed P5, who is currently in jail for sex crimes, has testified at the inquest in Brisbane.

[snip]

P5 says instead he spent the day arguing with his girlfriend at Goodna, west of Brisbane, stealing car accessories from an automotive shop, and drinking with a friend and convicted paedophile at Ipswich.

Yesterday, two witnesses told the inquest that P5 had wanted them to provide him with an alibi for the day Daniel Morcombe was abducted.

But P5 denies trying to get anyone to provide him with an alibi.

More: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/30/3177359.htm

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-30-2011, 02:17 AM
Child rapist denies Morcombe link

A Queensland paedophile who served nine years in jail for kidnapping and raping a young boy has denied he had anything to do with the disappearance of Daniel Morcombe.

[snip]

Alan MacSporran, SC, for the Queensland Police Service, asked P5 about a letter he received in jail in 2006.

The author wrote "I can't handle it any more, Daniel Morcombe's picture is in the paper ... I can't get over what we did to him".

The author urged him to clear his conscience.

But P5 claimed an ex-inmate, who had been "making up stories" about Daniel, was behind the letter.

He also denied ever telling inmates police could find Daniel "up the coast in the forest" or that he had once driven to the Sunshine Coast to visit his sister and picked up boy to share marijuana with him at nearby showgrounds.

More: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/child-rapist-denies-morcombe-link-20110330-1cfsi.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-30-2011, 02:20 AM
Pedophile P5 denies involvement in Daniel Morcombe disappearance

[snip]

Under questioning from counsel assisting the coroner Peter Johns, P5 agreed he had stopped his car at the site the teenager vanished on the day after Daniel was last seen.

He explained that he stopped on the Nambour Connection Road on his way to a court appearance at Noosa, taking a long way instead of the Bruce Highway, and only stopped because his car had broken down.

[snip]

Daniel's disappearance is Queensland's biggest missing-persons investigations, involving 10,000 police interviews and 18,000 pieces of evidence.

More: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/pedophile-p5-denies-involvement-in-daniel-morcombe-disappearance/story-e6frg6nf-1226030833429

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-30-2011, 02:24 AM
Morcombe witness had kidnapped before

The court was told he became a person of interest (POI) in the case because he had already shown a "capability and inclination" to snatch and abuse children in similar circumstances.

The court was told P5 served nine years behind bars after abducting a nine-year-old boy who was riding his bike down a road in Gladstone in 1995.

[snip]

"You are one of the very few people out of jail at that stage who has shown the capability and the inclination to snatch a young boy from a public area in broad daylight ... that's an incredibly rare crime," Peter Johns, counsel assisting state coroner Michael Barnes, said to P5.

"If you say so," P5 replied.

Mr Johns said P5 had also demonstrated behaviour that fit the profile of a criminal by visiting the abduction site the day after Daniel went missing.

More: http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/morcombe-witness-had-kidnapped-before-20110330-1cfur.html

kileyizzle
03-30-2011, 02:49 AM
Friggin P5 - There is a crap load of things NOT working in his favour. And i'm not surprised that it's all coming out now. I was wondering when this was going to pick up once more.

P5 has been a strong player since the early days of the inquest... just ridiclous. His story has changed has it not. I need a refresher....

Thanks for keepin this out there :D

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Friggin P5 - There is a crap load of things NOT working in his favour. And i'm not surprised that it's all coming out now. I was wondering when this was going to pick up once more.

P5 has been a strong player since the early days of the inquest... just ridiclous. His story has changed has it not. I need a refresher....

Thanks for keepin this out there :D

Yeah...P5 seems a pretty likely candidate IMO. And yes, he has changed his story. Here's a news article from today, in fact.

Pedophile contradicts evidence

A PEDOPHILE jailed for abducting and raping a boy struggled yesterday to explain contradictory accounts of his whereabouts on the day Daniel Morcombe disappeared.

[snip]

In a coroner's inquest yesterday, P5 acknowledged multiple conflicting versions of his whereabouts the weekend Daniel went missing but insisted he was "trying to tell the truth".

[snip]

While he had said he left home at 7am, he could not explain why bank records and CCTV recorded him at a service station in Goodna at 5am the day after Daniel disappeared.

[snip]

The inquest - which has heard 17 days of evidence - is today expected to hear from another pedophile with a criminal background, dubbed P7.

More: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/pedophile-contradicts-evidence/story-e6frg6nf-1226031000909

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-30-2011, 02:34 PM
If it is not P5, I would be very surprised...

Monster denies taking Daniel

AFTER so many lies, it is now up to a coroner to decide if a convicted child snatcher told the truth when he yesterday denied that he abducted Daniel Morcombe.

[snip]

P5, who is one of the prime suspects targeted by the police investigation, yesterday told the inquest into Daniel's abduction that he was at Goodna and Ipswich on the Sunday.

[snip]

P5 owned a blue sedan similar to the one seen near Daniel before he was abducted from Nambour Connection Rd.

P5 also had a tattoo on the inside of his left leg, similar to a description given by witnesses of a man standing near Daniel while he waited for a bus.

Mr Johns told P5 he was one of “a very few people out of jail at that stage” who had “the capabilities and the inclination to snatch a young boy from a very public area”.

More: http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/03/31/monster-denies-taking-daniel-morcombe/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-31-2011, 12:44 AM
Sex offender denies Morcombe link

A sex offender who passed the spot where Daniel Morcombe went missing in 2003 has told an inquest he is being truthful when he claims he played no role in the teenager's abduction.

The 41-year-old man, identified only as Person of Interest 7 (P7), began giving evidence in Brisbane Coroner's Court this morning at an inquest into the suspected death of the 13-year-old.

[snip]

On December 7, 2003, he passed the spot where Daniel disappeared from an unofficial bus stop and was able to inform police of his movements on the day except for a 30-minute period.

He later told police he had spent that half an hour buying cannabis from a nearby drug dealer.

The dealer told the inquest she could not remember him coming to her home, though she said it was “possible”.

More: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/sex-offender-denies-morcombe-link-20110331-1chku.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Pedophile tells Morcombe inquest 30 minutes was not enough time for someone to take Daniel and dispose of him

A PEDOPHILE considered a person of interest in the Daniel Morcombe case says he didn't have time to be involved in the Sunshine Coast boy's disappearance on the day in question.
The man - who cannot be identified and is known as person of interest 7 - gave evidence in the Brisbane Coroner's Court today within metres of Daniel's parents Bruce and Denise.

"I had nothing to do with Daniel's disappearance at all. Nothing at all," he said.

"I'm sorry if this sounds bad, but I thought it was funny they still thought I had something to do with Daniel's disappearance over 30 minutes."

More: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/pedophile-tells-morcombe-inquest-30-minutes-was-not-enough-time-for-someone-to-take-daniel-and-dispose-of-him/story-e6freon6-1226031460281

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-31-2011, 04:13 PM
Suspect makes Morcombes shiver

BRUCE and Denise Morcombe felt shivers yesterday when the final person of interest to give evidence about their son Daniel's disappearance entered the courtroom.

The man, known as P7, is a prime suspect who Mr Morcombe described as “some sort of sexual freak”. Mr and Mrs Morcombe said they thought P7 sounded “very rehearsed” when he looked at the couple and told them he was not involved in Daniel's abduction.

More: http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/04/01/suspect-makes-morcombes-shiver-daniel-court/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Paedophile accused of Morcombe murder

A convicted paedophile has been accused of abducting, assaulting and killing missing Queensland boy Daniel Morcombe.

[snip]

Counsel assisting the coronial inquest, Peter Johns, put to the 41-year-old man today that he admits driving by on the day the boy went missing from the roadside and that a man of similar appearance was seen nearby, with a similar car.

The man is known at the court as "person of interest number seven" or P7, and he is the last of the persons of interest to give evidence at the inquest.

[snip]

The Morcombes said this morning that they have been surprised by this shift in emphasis to P7.

[snip]

The inquest is to run another week, moving back to the Sunshine Coast near the boy's home.

At those hearings, police from the Sunshine Coast will testify because part of the inquest role is to examine the investigation.

More: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/04/01/3179767.htm?section=justin

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-04-2011, 03:04 AM
Morcombe coronial inquest enters last week

A witness in the coronial inquest into Queensland teenager Daniel Morecombe's disappearance has been arrested in Brisbane after failing to show up at the hearing on the Sunshine Coast.

More: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/04/04/3181203.htm?site=brisbane

Daniel Morcombe inquest delay after witness arrested

THE coronial inquest into the disappearance and suspected murder of Daniel Morcombe has been delayed this morning after one of the witnesses was arrested.

[snip]

The inquest will this week focus on associates of P1 and P2, as well as police handling of the case.

[snip]

The inquest, before Coroner Michael Barnes, is expected to finish on Friday.

More: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/daniel-morcombe-inquest-to-focus-on-police-investigation-into-teens-disappearance/story-e6freoof-1226033042457

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-04-2011, 03:07 AM
Man 'furious' after Morcombe accusation

A person of interest in the Daniel Morcombe case erupted into a "furious rage" when he overheard a friend saying he had abducted the teenager, a court has been told.

A witness (P1N) told the Maroochydore Coroners Court on Monday that his flatmates, P1 and P2, had teased him one evening because he was wearing clothes similar to those Daniel was wearing when he went missing.

[snip]

The inquest has earlier heard P1, who is currently in jail for manslaughter, confessed to abducting Daniel and then disposing of his body.

However, he later admitted he fabricated the story because he enjoyed wasting police time.

The witness, however, told the court he still thought P1 and P2 were involved.

More: http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/man-furious-after-morcombe-accusation-20110404-1cvy1.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Inquest to hear from expert

A FORENSIC expert will tell the Daniel Morcombe inquest today about fingerprints, searches and a footprint examined by police who investigated the teenager's disappearance.

[snip]

He will talk about why fingerprints were not taken from a certain property and establish for the coroner why certain places could or could not be searched.

More: http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/04/05/inquest-to-hear-from-expert-in-forensics/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Morcombe suspect lived in CQ

A PRIME suspect in the abduction and murder of Sunshine Coast teenager Daniel Morcombe escaped to Central Queensland six months after the youngster disappeared.

The convicted pedophile, known as P7, left his wife and young child on the Sunshine Coast to move in with a new girlfriend he met while working at Moranbah in May 2004.

[snip]

The court heard that P7 looked identical to sketches drawn from witness descriptions of a man seen standing near Daniel before the 13-year-old disappeared in 2003.

P7 told the court he had changed his appearance in the year after Daniel disappeared.

More: http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/story/2011/04/05/morcombe-suspect-lived-in-cq-daniel/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Morcombe inquest to hear police investigation response

Assistant Police Commissioner Mike Condon is due to give evidence today at the coronial inquest into the suspected abduction and murder of Queensland teenager Daniel Morcombe.

[snip]

Senior Sergeant Mick Buckley told the inquest that glass, five shoe imprints and three tyre impressions were found in the area under the overpass where the schoolboy was last seen.

He also said blood was found on a mattress in a nearby motel room but a DNA profile was not obtained.

More: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/04/06/3183353.htm

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Person of Interest in Daniel Morecombe case has had his alibi shattered

THE alibi of the key person of interest in the disappearance of Sunshine Coast teenager Daniel Morcombe has been blown apart.

''Person of interest'' seven told the inquest last week that he was at his drug dealer's house for ''about 30 minutes'' on the afternoon of December 7, 2003, when Daniel was last seen.

P7 also said he had shown his drug dealer a mulcher (or a wood chipper), which was in the back of his car, during the visit.

But his drug dealer's housemate - who called himself ''mechanically minded'' - this morning told the court that while he could not recall if P7 had visited that Sunday, he definitely had not been shown a mulcher.

More: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/key-person-of-interest-no7-in-the-daniel-morecombe-case-has-had-his-alibi-shattered/story-e6freoof-1226034578316

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-05-2011, 10:13 PM
No DNA link to Daniel Morcombe ever found

DANIEL Morcombe’s DNA was taken from his toothbrush in the hope that police could link it to the teenager’s abductor.

The forensic investigation into Daniel’s disappearance is the largest in Queensland history, twice as big as any other.

It involved a fingerprint expert sweeping Daniel’s room to eventually develop a full set of prints for the 13-year-old.

Despite the mammoth investigation, no trace of Daniel or any link to him has ever been found.

[snip]

Six years after Daniel disappeared police loaded the teenager’s fingerprints on to a national database, a rare practice which automatically matches his prints to thousands collected by police during other investigations.

More: http://www.coolum-news.com.au/story/2011/04/06/no-link-to-daniel-found/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-06-2011, 04:17 AM
Police procedure for missing persons cases changed

The Queensland Police Service has made big changes to the way it handles missing persons since the disappearance of teenager Daniel Morcombe, an inquest has heard.

[snip]

Det Sen Sgt Powell defended Sergeant Robbie Munn's "professional judgment call" not to file an official missing persons report on the evening of Daniel's disappearance.

[snip]

He said recent procedural changes meant it was now mandatory for officers to immediately create missing persons reports for youths, the elderly, and people with mental illnesses.

[snip]

The court was told Queensland Police received 3300 missing children reports in the last financial year.

All were found alive and well.

Det Sen Sgt Powell said that since 1972, only five missing children in Queensland have not been found.

More: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/police-procedure-for-missing-persons-cases-changed-20110406-1d3sy.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-06-2011, 04:21 AM
502 persons of interest in disappearance of Daniel Morcombe

MORE than 500 new persons of interest (POIs) are currently being investigated following a review of the Daniel Morcombe case, an inquest has heard.

Queensland's most senior detective, Assistant Commissioner Mike Condon, told the Maroochydore Coroners Court today that the large list of POIs was created following a review of the high-profile case earlier this year.

[snip]

Mr Condon told the court there were "no obvious links" between the new POIs and Daniel. However, he said 15 detectives had been tasked with scouring the profiles over the next year to see if they could shed light on the teenager's fate.

More: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/persons-of-interest-in-disappearance-of-daniel-morcombe/story-e6frf7jx-1226034849599

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-06-2011, 02:55 PM
502 under scrutiny

IT will take up to a year for police to investigate 502 new persons of interest identified in relation to the disappearance of Daniel Morcombe seven years ago.

More: http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/04/07/502-under-scrutiny-daniel-morcombe-person-interest/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-07-2011, 12:38 AM
Parents of missing Sunshine Coast teenager Daniel Morcombe burn effigy to relieve pain

IT WAS a defiant gesture that sent the stress of the inquest up in smoke.

Bruce and Denise Morcombe closed the latest chapter of their son Daniel's mysterious disappearance and suspected abduction by setting fire to an effigy of one of the persons of interest in the case.

The mannequin was created two years ago based on a combination of sketches provided by members of the public who saw a strange man standing near Daniel as he waited for a bus on the Sunshine Coast on December 7, 2003.

The mannequin was placed at the scene for several months but has since been gathering dust under the Daniel Morcombe Foundation headquarters.

Today, some of the sadness it represented was destroyed with a ceremonial burning.

More: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/parents-of-missing-sunshine-coast-teenager-daniel-morcombe-burn-effigy-to-relieve-pain/story-e6frf7jx-1226035372174

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-08-2011, 02:33 AM
Burning past a warning for future

BRUCE and Denise Morcombe have been through hell – and now they have sent an effigy of the man who snatched their son to the same place.

Flames melted the mannequin that symbolised every liar, drug dealer and pedophile that had caused the family heartache over the past seven years.

[snip]

“This is really a demonstration to all of those persons of interest who have come under a cloud – you may well not be involved in Daniel’s disappearance but you’re horrid creatures for all the other things that you’ve done and never been caught for as well as the things you have been caught for.”

More: http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/04/08/burning-past-a-warning-for-future-morcombe-effigy/

http://media.apnonline.com.au/img/media/images/2011/04/07/SCN_08-04-2011_EGN_05_morcombe%20egnapr8.IMG_t325.jpg

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Former truck driver one of the main persons of interest in Daniel Morcombe case

A FORMER tow-truck driver who places himself at the scene of Daniel Morcombe's disappearance is one of the main persons of interest implicated in the Sunshine Coast teenager's probable abduction and murder.

The 41-year-old "person of interest" (PoI) codenamed P7 had slipped under the radar for seven years until his alibi unravelled this week at the coronial inquest into Daniel's fate.

[snip]

Solicitor for Bruce and Denise Morcombe, Peter Boyce, said P7 had been elevated to the top two persons of interest.

"He, of all of them (33 PoIs), is the only one that we can positively out of his own admission place as being at the scene twice," he said.

[snip]

Mr Johns said the circumstantial evidence against P7 indicated he was either guilty or "unbelievably unlucky".

More: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/former-truck-driver-one-of-the-main-persons-of-interest-in-daniel-morcombe-case/story-e6freoof-1226036231830

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Daniels jigsaw still not solved

THEY were desperate. They were worried. They didn’t know what to do – so they did what the policeman told them.

“Come back to the station tomorrow morning.”

Ever since Bruce and Denise Morcombe searched with torches on the side of the road for their son they have been trying to shine light on what happened to Daniel.

More: http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/04/09/daniels-jigsaw-still-not-solved-morcombe/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
05-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Declan Crouch and Daniel Morcombe to be remembered on International Missing Children's Day

MISSING teenagers Declan Crouch and Daniel Morcombe will be remembered on International Missing Children’s Day as investigations continue into their disappearances.

On May 25, with the two biggest missing children investigations in Queensland’s history still ongoing, the state's police will remember them as well as other youngsters who have never returned home.

More: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/declan-crouch-and-daniel-morcombe-to-be-remembered-on-international-missing-childrens-day/story-e6freoof-1226062173597

Hadey
08-13-2011, 04:48 AM
Just on the news here in Brisbane that there are developments in the Daniel Morecombe case. There is a Police press conference schedule within the next hour. Will update when I can...

revampz
08-13-2011, 05:01 AM
I really hope they have got the killer and he tells the parents where daniel is to give his parents some peace, they are such lovely people and have never given up on getting justice for their son.

Hadey
08-13-2011, 05:21 AM
They are waiting on Police Commissioner to arrive to make the announcement....from what channel 7 are saying there has been an arrest.

Hadey
08-13-2011, 05:41 AM
The announcement has been made that a 41 year old man has been charged with Daniels murder and other charges.

Annie_61
08-13-2011, 07:52 AM
A link to the story today

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/suspect-taken-into-custody-in-daniel-morcombe-investigation/story-e6frea6u-122611434353

Thinking of the Morecombe family, so many years of not knowing, wondering, is just unimaginable. l hope this guy gives them some peace by telling them where Daniel is.

Cappuccino
08-13-2011, 07:56 AM
A link to the story today

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/suspect-taken-into-custody-in-daniel-morcombe-investigation/story-e6frea6u-122611434353

Thinking of the Morecombe family, so many years of not knowing, wondering, is just unimaginable. l hope this guy gives them some peace by telling them where Daniel is.

That link doesn't work, it says page not found.

I also hope this family can get some closure, and some justice for Daniel.

Annie_61
08-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Sorry Cappuccino try this one.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/national/suspect-taken-into-custody-in-daniel-morcombe-investigation/story-e6frea8c-1226114375465

it almost looks like they have moved the other one that had a video of the press conference.

Cappuccino
08-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks Annie. So it looks like the poor child's dead. RIP Daniel.

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2011/03/28/1226029/485174-daniel.jpg

I just hope they can bring him home for a decent burial and throw away the key on that monster who killed him.

sweetcaro
08-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Just wonderful news they have got the killer. I really hope his remains are found during the search. The QPS never gave up on this, that's for sure - well done to them. I hope P7 is found guilty and the rest of his life is utter hell.

Alice Bernadette
08-16-2011, 06:36 AM
The name of P7 has been released. He is 41 year old Brett Peter Cowan and he has quite a disturbing history as anyone who has been following this case would know. I wish we could all do more to protect children.

kileyizzle
08-16-2011, 11:20 AM
I've resisted posting in here because, Like many other Aussies, and people alike we all want answers and we are feeling everything, goodness knows what it's like for the poor Morecombe family who have had to endure the unimaginable.

They released his name in hopes to jog peoples memories - Apparently he is well known in the area, thinking of collecting all the info the media has printed and just collating it into one - I'd assume since it's already printed that we are able to do that and won't be crossing any lines...

*sigh* Hopefully they find Daniel soon :-(

kileyizzle
08-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Alrighty - so i just went through and pretty much cut and paste from news articles that are all linked into this thread, specifically pages 5 and 6 -- anyways here it is.

P7 -

- P7 is a convicted violent paedophile who admits to offending from the age of nine or 10.
- He was living on the Sunshine Coast at the time of Daniel's disappearance.
- P7 admits driving along the road where the boy disappeared from and seeing the bus had broken down some way from where Daniel was waiting for it.
- P7 says he participated in a rehabilitation program for sex offenders and his offending had finished.
- Two convictions for sex offences against young boys
- One occured in queensland in 1987 when he was carrying out community service at a play ground.
- The Second offence was in Northen Territory in 1993 a young neighbour. Horrific details emerged about the little boy's injuries, where P7 had thrown the boy after he assaulted him.Doctors said the six-year-old almost died from a punctured lung and had bruises and haemorrhaged eyes that indicated he had been choked.
- He began sexually assaulting small children at a swimming pool while he was at primary school.
- P7, left his wife and young child on the Sunshine Coast to move in with a new girlfriend he met while working at Moranbah in May 2004.
- The court heard that P7 looked identical to sketches drawn from witness descriptions of a man seen standing near Daniel before the 13-year-old disappeared in 2003. P7 told the court he had changed his appearance in the year after Daniel disappeared.
- P7 said he had also been accused of a string of unproven sexual assaults on children, which began when he was aged 10, and included a sexual relationship with an underage teenage cousin.
- After P7's release from jail in 1998, he moved in with relatives at Bli Bli and joined the Christian Outreach Centre at Woombye.
- Allegations P7, who tinkered with cars and went four-wheel-driving in Beerwah's pine forests, had spent seven hours on the internet the night before Daniel disappeared but P7 claimed he closed any child porn sites he came across.

kileyizzle
08-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Shoe found in search for Daniel Morcombe

*snip* Police say the shoe was found within the primary search site around 3:00pm (AEST) today.

It will undergo a range of scientific testing and police say the process will take some weeks. *snip*

*snip* Police are also cautioning that the find could be totally unrelated to the current investigation. *snip*

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-17/daniel-morcombe-shoe-found/2844114

Alice Bernadette
08-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Daniel's face is etched in my mind. Like a lot of people I've followed this case since it was first reported. Daniel had everything go wrong for him on that afternoon. How unlucky that the bus broke down and the backup bus that followed did not stop. There were so many people that saw Daniel at the overpass on that afternoon and all of them felt something was wrong. People reported a grubby, suspicious looking man near Daniel and that Daniel looked strained and uncomfortable. A man looked back in his rear view mirror and reported to his son that he did not like what he was seeing. A woman stopped close by and was looking for something to write down the rego of the blue car nearby because she was so suspicious that something was wrong, she couldn't find anything so tried to remember the rego by associating it with Weetbix (rego started with WBX or WHX). So many people regret now that they did not do more and act on their instincts. How unlucky that Daniel was in this vulnerable position when a predator spotted him. At least there are lots of witnesses to what the man looked like. Also some people said there was another man. I'm wondering if this other person might be giving some information to the police. Hopefully the shoe they have found will yield some information.

kileyizzle
08-18-2011, 04:05 AM
I know this is a little bit off topic here, but Daniel's case really opened my eyes to just how bad things are in Australia, & i as well as many other Aussies are FURIOUS. and now with Bung who is missing from Boronia, also 13 -- All i can say is that the public need to be aware of these offenders, imagine that - Knowledge is the best prevention.

Alice Bernadette
08-18-2011, 09:52 AM
I haven't heard much about Bung. I remember Karmein Chan years ago and Bung's case reminds me of hers. They are both Asian girls and both are / were 13 maybe that is the only connection though. Karmein's abduction and murder was years ago by a man dubbed Mr Cruel. He has never been caught so he is still out there if he is alive. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information for the police to go on with Bung unless they are not releasing much to the public.

I agree with you Kileyizzle it is good to have knowledge and to be aware of what is out there.

kileyizzle
08-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Second shoe found at Morcombe search site

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/second-shoe-found-at-morcombe-search-site-20110820-1j3iq.html

*snip* Daniel's father, Bruce Morcombe earlier said the discovery of the first shoe could turn out to be "a game-breaker".

Police have not revealed to media whether the shoe matches those worn by Daniel the day he disappeared, but Mr Morcombe believes the find could be a significant piece of evidence. *snip*

seekingjustice**
08-21-2011, 05:15 AM
Human bones found at Daniel Morcombe search site

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/undercover-police-lived-alongside-daniel-morcombe-accused-brett-peter-cowan-at-perth-caravan-park/story-fn7x8me2-1226118892230

**snip** HUMAN bones have been found at the site where police and SES are looking for the remains of Daniel Morcombe.

The three bones were located near to where a second shoe was found yesterday in the primary search site off Kings Road, Beerwah.

Testing this afternoon confirmed the bones were human remains.

Alice Bernadette
08-21-2011, 06:14 AM
I wonder how the police knew where to search for Daniel? Did Brett Cowan say something to the undercover cops at the caravan park?

seekingjustice**
08-21-2011, 07:01 AM
I wonder how the police knew where to search for Daniel? Did Brett Cowan say something to the undercover cops at the caravan park?

Alice I've been wondering if he said something to them as well. The other scenario that went through my mind was maybe, for some reason, he went back to the gravesite to make sure there wasn't any obvious evidence left and unbeknown to him, he was being followed by the undercover cops.

Alice Bernadette
08-21-2011, 07:18 AM
Alice I've been wondering if he said something to them as well. The other scenario that went through my mind was maybe, for some reason, he went back to the gravesite to make sure there wasn't any obvious evidence left and unbeknown to him, he was being followed by the undercover cops.

Yes that's a possibility. Isn't that what the police did in Keisha's case? It is so different in Australia with murder investigations than the US. The police keep things very much under wraps. We don't know how much the police put into investigations until it is before the Court. I'm impressed that the police have been doggedly working on Daniel's case for years. Let's hope there will be resolution soon for the family's sake.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Unfortunately, it does look like Daniel is deceased. May this be him so his family can finally lay him to rest. :(

seekingjustice**
08-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Yes that's a possibility. Isn't that what the police did in Keisha's case? It is so different in Australia with murder investigations than the US. The police keep things very much under wraps. We don't know how much the police put into investigations until it is before the Court. I'm impressed that the police have been doggedly working on Daniel's case for years. Let's hope there will be resolution soon for the family's sake.

I agree that Australian murder investigations are handled differently than in the USA. We just don't have the same type of media exposure until it actually goes to Court. It's all very hush hush, so I guess there is a much smaller chance of tainting a Jury. I'm also impressed at what has gone on behind the scenes with Daniel.

My heart goes out to his family. So much pain and suffering. All these years they have had 'hope' that he is still alive somewhere and may come home one day. I hope these bones turn out to be Daniels so his family can bring their little boy home again to rest.

Alice Bernadette
08-22-2011, 06:36 AM
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/shoes-bones-may-belong-to-daniel-morcombe-20110822-1j5b9.html

It looks like this will be Daniel but will have to wait for confirmation. The two shoes found were the same brand Daniel was wearing. I'm sure the parents have a good idea. I shouldn't be jumping the gun until confirmation but I can't imagine it pointing to anyone else but Daniel.

nade
08-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Yes, it is certainly him. 'Globe' is not like Nike or Adidas after all, it is more of a niche brand, and when they're not in adult size, that narrows down the field to the point of certainty IMO.

It's always so strange for me in these cases of missing people when their bodies are found after a long search. I just think of all the people looking for Daniel and all this time he has been quietly lying under some mud on a macadamia farm. It is jarring because it brings home such a harsh reality.

Cappuccino
08-22-2011, 10:11 AM
That is really heartbreaking. I always hoped that child could be found alive, because he's one of the few missing children who has a twin, so he could be recognised without depending on age progression stuff which is usually less than accurate.

My prayers and sympathy to Daniel's family.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Morcombe search off due to weather

Bad weather on the Sunshine Coast continues to delay the search for Daniel Morcombe's remains.

More: http://bigpondnews.com/articles/National/2011/08/24/Morcombe_search_off_due_to_weather_653709.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-25-2011, 12:43 AM
Daniel's brothers visit site

DANIEL Morcombe's twin brother Bradley and older sibling Dean have visited the site where police have been searching for the Coast teenager's remains.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/08/24/daniels-brothers-visit-site/

Daniel Morcombes' parents may have been 500m away from their missing son

THE parents of Daniel Morcombe have been rocked by the realisation they may have been within 500m of their son the afternoon he was allegedly abducted.

Bruce Morcombe said he and wife Denise drove past the Beerburrum State Forest, about 500m from the section now declared a crime scene, on their way home from a Christmas party in Brisbane about 3.30pm on December 7, 2003.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/parents-of-daniel-morcombe-may-have-been-500m-away-from-their-son-the-afternoon-he-went-missing/story-e6frfkvr-1226121705195#ixzz1W0q7IBZx

Hadey
08-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Just announced on Brisbane TV that Dna testing has confirmed the bones found are Daniel Morecombe....

Alice Bernadette
08-28-2011, 02:20 AM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/bones-found-earlier-this-month-near-beerwah-belonged-to-daniel-morcombe-police-confirm/comments-e6frf7jo-1226123791964

Confirmation that it is Daniel's bones. So sad for the Morcombes that this is where Daniel has been for the last 8 years. They now know for sure that Daniel is gone and hopefully they can work through their grief.

I'm still wondering where the police got their information to concentrate their search in this particular area? Maybe they bugged Brett Cowan's phone? He has not confessed to anything.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Glad that Daniel has finally been found. It seems like the "inquisition" into Daniel's disappearance paid off. My thoughts are with his family.

Rest in peace, Daniel. :(

JourneyRain
08-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Just read through all this. Glad he was found. RIP Daniel.

I am amazed at how many POIs there were. Sad.

Annie_61
08-29-2011, 09:32 AM
RIP little man (Daniel), my thoughts are with the Morcombe family.

monicafussy
08-29-2011, 02:49 PM
R.I.P Daniel :rose:

pdxmama
08-29-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm so thankful Daniel's parents finally know where he is. This case is one that is almost too difficult for me to read about. I'm heartbroken that he is dead.

RIP Daniel.

Alice Bernadette
08-30-2011, 10:04 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/queensland/if-id-gone-with-him-its-likely-hed-still-be-here-morcombe-twin-20110831-1jku8.html

Daniel begged his brothers to go shopping with him. His twin feels guilty he didn't go. This is such a sad case. I hope this family gets some peace.

There are so many "if onlys" in this case.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/morcombes-twin-haunted-by-day-daniel-vanished/story-e6freoof-1226126243819

Bradley said they went everywhere together and his decision not to join Daniel on a shopping trip in 2003 would haunt him forever.

Alice Bernadette
09-01-2011, 08:43 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-01/morcombe-child-safety-awards/2867004

The Morcombes have received an award for their work on child safety.

tfrohning
09-04-2011, 11:48 PM
More human remains found at Morcombe site
Police say they have found more human remains at the site of the search for murdered teenager Daniel Morcombe on Queensland's Sunshine Coast.

Daniel Morcombe was 13 when he disappeared while waiting for a bus at Woombye in 2003, sparking the largest missing persons case in Queensland's history.

Police say more human remains were found over the last week.

The remains, which were located in the primary search site off Kings Road, will be forensically analysed.

They will not say how many bones were found but say they have been sent for forensic testing.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-05/more-human-remains-found-at-morcombe-site/2870696

MsFacetious
09-18-2011, 03:06 AM
HERVEY BAY mum Jodie Tangikara knew many people were touched by the abduction of Sunshine Coast teen Daniel Morcombe.

But when she organized a beachfront "Walk for Daniel" at Hervey Bay, she had no idea almost 2000 people would want to pay their respects by taking part.

http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/story/2011/09/16/day-for-daniel-nears/

Sept 12 -

Two weeks after bones found in bushland at the Glasshouse Mountains were confirmed to be those of Daniel's, police say they have located more remains.

Today police confirmed more human remains had been sent for forensic testing.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/09/12/search-daniel-morcombe-uncovers-more-remains/

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Thousands take part in seventh and most significant Walk for Daniel on Sunshine Coast

CELEBRITIES, senior police and politicians joined almost 2000 supporters of the Morcombe family at this morning's seventh - and most emotional - Walk for Daniel on the Sunshine Coast.

The 3.5km walk saw a sea of red, as those taking part dressed in the same colour worn by the 13-year-old schoolboy on the day he vanished in December, 2003.

More: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/national/thousands-take-part-in-seventh-and-most-significant-walk-for-daniel-on-sunshine-coast/story-e6frea8c-1226179481275

scriptgirl
06-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Do they have a cause of death? Did they id who the other bones were? Was anyone arrested?

Karo
08-05-2012, 05:53 PM
The man arrested for his murder is in court today, in Brisbane.

gregjrichards
08-05-2012, 06:08 PM
The man arrested for his murder is in court today, in Brisbane.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-06/morcombe-accused-to-face-court/4178868

ozazure
08-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the update. This thread took my breath away to read how it unfolded.

We should find some way to encourage people to intervene when they sense something is wrong. I know it is an uphill battle because people themselves have enough trouble acting when they sense themselves in danger but it isn't obvious. I am not criticising those people who were alerted but didn't act, their observations have been helpful and they came forward. They were already going above and beyond out "mind you own business" culture.

Karo
08-06-2012, 05:54 AM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/morcombe-case-set-for-mention-in-court-today/story-e6freoof-1226443380486
Same as in the link above but a bit more indepth and his father's thoughts as well.

gregjrichards
08-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Dad pleads for Daniel Morcombe's remains and those of other victims to be released in a reasonable time period.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/dad-pleads-for-daniel-morcombes-remains/story-e6frg6nf-1226444291989

CanManEh
08-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Prolly been said allready but Tears For Daniel ..It's a awesome austrailia crime show done kinda like our i don;t know maybe 48 hours its on youtube though it's a good watch ..

SapphireSteel
08-07-2012, 01:31 AM
Prolly been said allready but Tears For Daniel ..It's a awesome austrailia crime show done kinda like our i don;t know maybe 48 hours its on youtube though it's a good watch ..

Very, very sad and an excellent portrayal of how profoundly LE can be affected by their work.

Queensland Police should be applauded for their perserverance and dogged determination to find Daniel.

marlywings
09-04-2012, 09:22 PM
September 5, 2012

The final list of witnesses to give evidence in the case against the man accused of murdering Sunshine Coast schoolboy Daniel Morcombe is expected to be decided today by a Brisbane court.

Brett Peter Cowan has been in custody since his arrest in August last year when he was charged with murder, child stealing, deprivation of liberty, indecent treatment of a child and interfering with a corpse.

The charges culminated an eight-year investigation into the disappearance of Daniel who vanished while waiting for a bus on Nambour Connection Road at Woombye, north of Brisbane, on December 7, 2003.

The final list of witnesses is expected to be decided at a directions hearing in Brisbane today.

Advertisement The crown has agreed to hear 31 witnesses at a future committal hearing but Mr Cowan’s defence lawyer Tim Meehan will argue to be allowed to cross-examine a further 49, saying they’re imperative to his client’s case.

Lawyers for all parties involved are hopeful the case can be set down for committal hearing by the end of this year.

Daniel’s father Bruce Morcombe has said he would like to attend today's hearing, but did not know whether he would be allowed to as he was a potential witness

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/morcombe-murder-trial-witness-list-set-to-be-finalised-20120905-25dap.html#ixzz25XyeTGyk

marlywings
09-05-2012, 07:58 AM
September 05, 2012

LAWYERS for the man accused of murdering Daniel Morcombe want to quiz police witnesses who were hypnotised to see what they could recall about the teenager's disappearance.
A hearing is under way in the Brisbane Magistrates Court as the legal team for Brett Peter Cowan, 42, fights to cross examine 20 controversial witnesses at committal.

Daniel was 13 when he vanished while waiting for a bus at Woombye on the Sunshine Coast in 2003.

Chief Magistrate Judge Brendan Butler will decide on the application, where defence lawyer Michael Bosscher is arguing for the witnesses to be called.

He said he wanted to question four about hypnosis or regression therapy they underwent as part of the police investigation into the case.

He said those witnesses should be questioned about the therapy they underwent in a bid to discover what they may or may not have seen on the day Daniel disappeared.

Mr Bosscher said he wanted to quiz those witnesses about who performed the therapy and what it involved.

He did not anticipate it would be a lengthy process.

The court has now been closed to the public while argument focuses on argument about a further four witnesses

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/lawyers-for-brett-peter-cowan-who-is-charged-with-murdering-daniel-morcombe-ask-for-witnesses-to-appear-at-committal/story-e6freon6-1226465392176

marlywings
09-05-2012, 08:02 AM
September 5, 2012 - 2:12PM

UPDATED

The man accused of killing Queensland schoolboy Daniel Morcombe will face the first part of his committal hearing in late November.

Brett Peter Cowan, 42, has been in custody since his arrest in August last year, when he was charged with murder, child stealing, deprivation of liberty, indecent treatment of a child and interfering with a corpse.

Daniel was 13 when he vanished while waiting for a bus on the Sunshine Coast in December 2003.

Cowan appeared in the Brisbane Magistrates Court today as his lawyer, Michael Bosscher, asked that the matter be set down for committal hearing for two weeks from November 26.

A further two weeks of evidence will be heard early next year.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/november-hearing-for-morcombe-murder-accused-20120905-25dje.html#ixzz25b0jfssG

marlywings
09-05-2012, 08:04 AM
September 4, 2012

TWO families half a world apart have been brought together by their shared pain.

Bruce and Denise Morcombe, whose son Daniel, 13, was abducted in December 2003, have become firm friends with British couple Gerry and Kate McCann.

The McCann's daughter Madeleine was abducted while the family holidayed in Portugal in May 2007. She has never been found.

Daniel Morcombe's disappearance was not solved until August last year when some of Daniel's bones and clothing were found in a creek in the Glass House Mountains. A Perth man was arrested and charged with murder.

Bruce and Denise Morcombe told SHE Magazine they connected online with the McCanns years ago, later meeting in person for a few pints at a pub.

"Obviously and unfortunately we have a lot in common," Mr Morcombe said.

"Everyone knows our story and everyone knows the story of Madeleine McCann.

"We all understand what it's like to have that uncertainty, that pain, that nightmare and intrusion."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/09/04/437731_gold-coast-news.html

ozazure
09-06-2012, 03:48 AM
I just watched (rewatched, I saw this on tv awhile ago, but had forgotten) Tears for Daniel. It is extremely moving. I am glad progress has been made and hopefully there will be (our inadequate) justice done. Like most people, I find the Morcombes loving and devastated people, who have really done their son proud. The pain on their faces in this doco is heartbreaking. He looks a lot like his Mum. If only there was a way to mitigate some of their pain. Sending them lots of strength for the trial. I hate that in 20 years time they may have to worry about parole.

marlywings
09-13-2012, 08:47 PM
September 14, 2012 - 10:23AM

The legal team defending the man accused of murdering Daniel Morcombe has had a small win in a Brisbane Magistrates Court today.

After a one week adjournment to consider the matter, Chief Magistrate Judge Brendan Butler has allowed 11 of the prosecution's 16 "special" witnesses to be cross examined by the defence at Brett Peter Cowan's committal hearing in November.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/extra-witnesses-to-face-crossexamine-in-morcombe-murder-case-20120914-25w4g.html#ixzz26OtHnO00

marlywings
09-26-2012, 10:12 AM
September 26, 2012

QUEENSLAND Police Assistant Commissioner Mike Condon will be among nearly 60 witnesses to be cross-examined in the Daniel Morcombe murder case.
Mr Condon and a senior detective, Grant Linwood, yesterday became the final two witnesses on the list to be grilled by the defence when the accused Brett Peter Cowan faces committal in November

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/top-cop-police-assistant-commissioner-mike-condon-to-front-daniel-morcombe-murder-case/story-fndo1yus-1226481334330

marlywings
10-22-2012, 07:23 PM
October 23, 2012
Bruce Morcombe calls on schools and parents across Brisbane to wear red, support Day for Daniel and keep kids safe
HELP your children gain more skills to protect their own safety - that's the message from the Daniel Morcombe Foundation in the lead up to Day for Daniel which is calling on schools to register for events and for the public to wear red on October 26.
The Foundation was established in 2005 by Denise and Bruce Morcombe after the disappearance and death of their 13-year old son Daniel in December 2003.

"Symbolically wearing red just reflects on Daniel's very real story and certainly it just underlines that safety to our kids is important because no longer can kids thinks 'that will never happen to me'," he said

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/central/bruce-morcombe-calls-on-schools-and-parents-across-brisbane-to-wear-red-support-day-for-daniel-and-keep-kids-safe/story-fn8m0qb4-1226500939779

marlywings
10-24-2012, 08:23 PM
October 25, 2012

SIX police witnesses will give evidence in closed court during the committal hearing for the alleged killer of Queensland schoolboy Daniel Morcombe.
Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler on Thursday granted the crown's application to have the witnesses reveal their evidence in secret.

However, more than 40 other witnesses will give their evidence in open court when the hearing starts in the Brisbane Magistrates Court in late November

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/closed-court-for-morcombe-police-evidence/story-e6freono-1226502995521

marlywings
10-25-2012, 12:30 AM
October 25, 2012

Outside court, Cowan's defence lawyer Tim Meehan said the prosecution had sought an order so that some issues were not to be published.

"We opposed that application. We want everyone to know," he said.

"It's our position that a matter such as this should be conducted in public."

Mr Meehan said the Crown had made an application for some of the committal proceedings to be heard in a closed court, and also for a non-publication order in relation to those aspects of the committal proceedings.

While that application was successful, Mr Meehan said the interests of justice dictate that where possible court should be open.

"There is an awful lot of interest in relation to this matter throughout the state and of course throughout the country as well," he said.

"The principles of open justice, we say, dictate that these sorts of proceedings should be done in open court for the public to view."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/some-evidence-against-man-accused-of-daniel-morcombes-murder-will-be-heard-in-a-closed-court-judge-rules/story-e6freoof-1226503063779

marlywings
10-25-2012, 05:48 AM
October 25, 2012

The man accused of murdering Daniel Morcombe “feels” for the Sunshine Coast teenager's family, but is focused on having a fair and proper trial.

Brett Peter Cowan's lawyer, Tim Meehan, said his client maintained his innocence and was “single mindedly concentrating on securing his acquittal”.

“That is what keeps him going every day,” Mr Meehan said outside the Brisbane Magistrates Court.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/accused-killer-feels-for-morcombes-20121025-28779.html#ixzz2AIoYdqP2

SapphireSteel
10-25-2012, 05:54 AM
October 25, 2012

The man accused of murdering Daniel Morcombe “feels” for the Sunshine Coast teenager's family, but is focused on having a fair and proper trial.

Brett Peter Cowan's lawyer, Tim Meehan, said his client maintained his innocence and was “single mindedly concentrating on securing his acquittal”.

“That is what keeps him going every day,” Mr Meehan said outside the Brisbane Magistrates Court.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/accused-killer-feels-for-morcombes-20121025-28779.html#ixzz2AIoYdqP2

Ugh. He's enjoying it.

:sick:

morrow68
10-27-2012, 09:12 PM
October 25, 2012

After reading about this man's previous crime, I'm pretty sure he doesn't feel anything :furious: He should have never got out.

knowledgethirsty
10-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Thank you for the updates with this case Marly, Most appreciated.

marlywings
10-30-2012, 06:20 AM
October 30, 2012

The alleged abduction and murder of 13-year-old Daniel Morcombe is a nightmare the boy's parents never want Canberra families to suffer.

Denise and Bruce Morcombe today travelled through Canberra in the hope their tragedy can be used to prevent other Australian children from harm

Denise and Bruce today brought that campaign to the ACT taking their truck, named "Big Red" after the clothing Daniel was last seen in, on its first visit outside their home state.

The parents hope to use the truck to spread messages of child safety and awareness across the country, planning to eventually visit every school kid in the country.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/morcombes-bring-child-safety-message-to-canberra-20121030-28ha8.html#ixzz2AmBgwkeG

marlywings
11-13-2012, 03:38 AM
12th Nov 2012

ONE of the Morcombe family's favourite tourist destinations has, in a way, become their new home.

The owners of The Big Pineapple have opened the doors to the Daniel Morcombe Foundation, which has outgrown its cramped office in Maroochydore.

The foundation's new administration and merchandise office will now be housed at the Woombye tourist attraction.

A counselling room for sexually abused children is expected to be opened in January

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/big-pineapple-houses-morcombe-campaign/1617840/

marlywings
11-13-2012, 04:03 AM
October 28, 2012

In the past year, the couple, as Queensland's child safety ambassadors- a titled bestowed on them last year by the government, and representatives of the foundation visited more than 150 schools across the state, taking their child safety messages to regional and remote communities.

They also spoke at 80 community events, including Crime Stoppers fund-raisers and missing persons events, and gave university students studying victimology at Bond University on the Gold Coast a personal take on the impact Daniel's loss has had on their family, friends and day-to-day lives, including finances ''and the things you can't explain until it happens to you''.

''We know that come November 26, Denise and I and the family will very much be in a different mental state than the one we are in for the positive work we are doing now,'' Bruce says.

''Timing wise, we have all the foundation work under control and we will deal with the legal stuff as it's presented. We are totally visitors to the courtroom; we will be sitting there, sitting next to Joe Average, who has no emotional, personal link to Daniel's case, other than watching the news. We will be sitting in the public gallery - there is no preferential treatment or reserved seats.''

http://www.smh.com.au/national/working-to-stop-a-repeat-of-every-parents-nightmare-20121027-28czb.html#ixzz2C5jkOBjl

marlywings
11-25-2012, 05:30 AM
November 25, 2012, 7:08 pm

The man accused of murdering Daniel Morcombe will face the first day of his committal hearing on Monday

"There are times when you want to not think about it because you feel almost physically ill about what's probably going to be presented to us on a daily basis for the next two weeks," Mr Morcombe said.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/15468733/morcombe-accused-faces-committal/

ozazure
11-25-2012, 03:12 PM
November 25, 2012, 7:08 pm

The man accused of murdering Daniel Morcombe will face the first day of his committal hearing on Monday

"There are times when you want to not think about it because you feel almost physically ill about what's probably going to be presented to us on a daily basis for the next two weeks," Mr Morcombe said.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/15468733/morcombe-accused-faces-committal/

My thoughts are with the Morcombes today.

marlywings
11-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Brisbane Magistrates Court - 26 November 2012

Cowan, Brett Peter - Court Number 20 - 9:00AM

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__external/CourtsLawList/BrisbaneMagCourt.pdf

marlywings
11-25-2012, 04:26 PM
November 26, 2012 12:00AM

DANIEL Morcombe's family have been warned they may be unable to attend court when a committal hearing against the man charged with their son's murder starts in Brisbane this morning.
Daniel's parents, Bruce and Denise, and brothers, Dean and Bradley, plan to attend the committal of 43-year-old Brett Peter Cowan, who is accused of abducting and killing the Sunshine Coast teen in 2003.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/daniel-morcombes-family-warned-they-may-have-to-leave-court-as-committal-hearing-begins/story-e6freoof-1226523803540

Curiousasacat
11-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Thinking of the Morcombe family today. I will no doubt shed a few tears when the details are released. No family should have to endure what they have. Get this guy locked up for good and release Daniel to his family for burial ASAP.

marlywings
11-25-2012, 09:28 PM
It seems the first part of the hearing is concentrating on where Daniel's remains were found...

One officer on scene was trained in the archeology of human remains, but police soon called in experts to provide assistance.

They included university experts who specialised in DNA, a channel morphologist, who studies the movement of water, a hydrologist, animal behaviourists, and a staff member from the Department of Fisheries to provide advice on the behaviour of marine wildlife.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/daniel-morcombes-family-warned-they-may-have-to-leave-court-as-committal-hearing-begins/story-e6freoof-1226523803540

SapphireSteel
11-25-2012, 10:04 PM
It seems the first part of the hearing is concentrating on where Daniel's remains were found...

One officer on scene was trained in the archeology of human remains, but police soon called in experts to provide assistance.

They included university experts who specialised in DNA, a channel morphologist, who studies the movement of water, a hydrologist, animal behaviourists, and a staff member from the Department of Fisheries to provide advice on the behaviour of marine wildlife.

What a miracle the floods had no effect on his remains...he was under 2-3 metres of water! That's 10 feet....amazing that he was undisturbed.

:cow:

marlywings
11-25-2012, 11:19 PM
November 26, 2012 - 1:27PM

Police also uncovered remains of underpants, shorts and a belt at the bottom of a creek in the Glasshouse Mountains while searching for the remains of slain schoolboy Daniel Morcombe, it has been revealed

Police divers found the remains of the underpants at the bottom of the creek on August 20.

Some time later, they discovered Rip Curl shorts and a belt about 25cms below sand deposits in the creek.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/man-charged-with-murdering-daniel-morcombe-faces-court-20121125-2a1g6.html#ixzz2DIbBBvKO

marlywings
11-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Here's hoping the whole court process is over as soon as possible for Daniel's family. And more importantly, that Daniel's remains can be given to his family for burial after such a long time.

Rest in Peace Daniel...Justice will prevail.

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r486/marlywings/729morcombe-620x349.jpg

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/man-charged-with-murdering-daniel-morcombe-faces-court-20121125-2a1g6.html

marlywings
11-26-2012, 12:38 AM
2.47pm: The court has now moved on to the cross examination of its second witness, a Marian Cummins in Noumea, who is giving evidence via video link.

2.56pm: Mr Meehan said there were discrepancies in Ms Cummins recollections of where the man had been standing outside the car.

marlywings
11-26-2012, 01:00 AM
3PM UPDATE: A WITNESS has described seeing a smiling man who looked like a "drug baron" with a blue station wagon picking up a boy she believed was Daniel Morcombe on the Nambour Connection Road.

Marie Cummins, speaking via video link from New Caledonia, told Brisbane Magistrates Court she had seen one man outside the vehicle and the silhouette of another person inside the vehicle.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/morcombes-hoping-stay-court-daniels-case/1635603/

marlywings
11-26-2012, 01:02 AM
3.29pm: The third witness to be sworn in is Dr Paul Bennett, a forensic podiatrist.

Dr Bennett was asked by police to examine the shoes recovered from the Glass House Mountains to see whether it could be determined if they belonged to Daniel.

marlywings
11-26-2012, 01:58 AM
4.33pm: Dr Bennett told the court the shoes found at the crime scene had the same ''wear patterns and angulation'' as Daniel's other shoes.

Court has now adjourned for the day, with Mr Bosscher set to continue the cross examination of Dr Bennett tomorrow.

Angeline
11-26-2012, 05:47 AM
I feel for Ms Cummins, her instinct obviously knew there was something off about the situation, but she convinced herself the man was a relative. Imagine having to live with that.

Curiousasacat
11-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Marly, I just wanted to say thank you for keeping this thread updated. You are doing a great job in all the forums.
Being a Brissie girl and a mum this is the saddest case for me,I have followed the case for the 9 years. I find I get very emotional about Daniel,his parents are amazing. They deserve justice and answers,I just feel for them having to sit there day after day listening to this. Wish the scumbag would just own up and drop all the other creeps in it and let this family rest. I can tell you that if I was them I would find it really hard not to take my own justice.

StormyNights
11-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Wow, I spent the entire morning reading this whole thread, every article. It is amazing how the Brisbane police NEVER stopped looking for Daniel. I am so glad the Morcombe's have their baby back and give him a proper burial. No parent should EVER have to go through what those fine people have. RIP Daniel

Jmbr
11-26-2012, 12:31 PM
This story breaks my heart, I've been waiting for this trial. I pray to God that they have who they want and his poor family can finally say their goodbyes. His mums face kills me to see, she is just absolutely heartbroken. I'm so happy his family and LE never gave up. I still remember the relief I felt when they announced an arrest last year. Finally an outcome.

marlywings
11-26-2012, 08:58 PM
9.37am: Day two of the Daniel Morcombe committal hearing has begun with expert testimony from forensic scientist Catherine McGovern, appearing via video link from New Zealand's Institute of Environmental Science and Research.

11.40am: The second witness to give evidence, Sunshine Coast Detective Sergeant Graeme Farlow, has taken the stand to talk about his involvement in the investigation.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/witness-marie-ann-cummins-tells-court-of-uneasy-sight-on-the-day-daniel-morcombe-disappeared/story-e6freoof-1226524515743

marlywings
11-26-2012, 09:05 PM
11:15AM UPDATE: THE likelihood the DNA profile from bones found at Glasshouse Mountains belongs to anyone other than Daniel is one in 540.

THE DANIEL MORCOMBE FILES

52 witnesses to be cross-examined
478 witness statements
233 exhibits

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/daniels-clothes-in-creek-and-bush/1637365/

marlywings
11-26-2012, 09:37 PM
12.11pm: Witness Sergeant Donna MacGregor, a scientific officer who works for Queensland Police Service and the Queensland University of Technology, was called in to assist as officers searched the Glass House Mountains in 2011.

She told the court 17 "skeletal elements" were recovered during the search, including part of a right hip, a rib fragment and vertebrae fragments

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/witness-marie-ann-cummins-tells-court-of-uneasy-sight-on-the-day-daniel-morcombe-disappeared/story-e6freoof-1226524515743

Angeline
11-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Just read on the Sunshine Coast Daily report that Mrs Morcombe had to leave the room when they were talking about the bones belonging to a young person. Those poor people, they've waited almost a decade for this moment and now it's all too real. I'm sure the emotions they've been trying to control all this time are raw all over again.

marlywings
11-26-2012, 11:58 PM
The court is now hearing from forensic scientist Ashley Huth who tested a pair of shoes, a Mitsubishi Pajero and a mulcher.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/daniels-clothes-in-creek-and-bush/1637365/

marlywings
11-27-2012, 12:08 AM
During Sergeant MacGregor's 90 minute examination and cross examination, Brett Peter Cowan, the man accused of abducting and murdering Daniel Morcombe on December 7, 2003, sat slumped in the dock.

However, unlike the first two witnesses of the day, which included a New Zealand forensic scientist who appeared by video link, Cowan looked in Sergeant MacGregor's direction as she gave evidence.

Ms McGovern spent close to two hours giving evidence by video link from New Zealand.

Cowan, wearing the same wrinkled clothes as yesterday, sat in the dock staring at the legal bench

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/court-sees-images-of-daniels-remains-20121127-2a4qt.html#ixzz2DOdmD5og

marlywings
11-27-2012, 02:09 AM
3.45pm: The next witness to give evidence was Senior Constable Michael Kelly, an officer with the Brisbane Scientific Section in the major crime unit.

Sen Const Kelly, who has qualifications in archeology and paleoanthropology, was asked to help police search a crime scene in the Glass House Mountains on August 11 and 12, 2011

ozazure
11-27-2012, 02:54 AM
That is harrowing reading.

Not sure what Bosscher is getting at with the samples being contaminated, I know it is just standard to question the quality of evidence, but it seems absurd to suggest someone contaminated samples whom had the same profile as Daniel. It's just mud slinging and it is morally bankrupt IMO. Daniel is dead regardless of whom murdered him, why argue that point.

marlywings
11-27-2012, 03:18 AM
BBM

Under cross examination from defence counsel Michael Boascher, Senior Constable Michael Kelly of the Brisbane Scientific Branch said he had been directed to examine a small pond and part of an embankment on the August 11 and 12.

A thorough forensic examination of a Mitsubishi Pajero four-wheel-drive and a mulcher did not reveal anything of "evidential value", the court was told by forensic scientific officer, Senior Constable Ashley Huth.

The Mitsubishi had previously been examined in 2003.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/targeted-search-for-daniels-remains-20121127-2a4qt.html#ixzz2DPPTJ0nw

I have always thought, from early on in the case, that police had a suspect but just didn't have the evidence they needed.

Scoobysnack
11-27-2012, 04:55 AM
a mulcher.

That stopped me in my tracks reading that :(

marlywings
11-27-2012, 08:28 PM
10.11am: Forensic podiatrist Dr Paul Bennett, who gave evidence on the first day of the committal, has been recalled to answer more questions about his observations of a pair of shoes found during the search of the Glass House Mountains

10.22am: A witness who works with the control and management of wild animals has told the court he is positive wild animals would have dispersed the remains of Daniel Morcombe.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/shock-images-distress-daniel-morcombes-parents-bruce-and-denise-as-court-examines-photos-of-bones/story-e6freoof-1226525265273

marlywings
11-27-2012, 11:08 PM
November 28, 2012 - 12:48PM

Outside court, Mr Bosscher said the evidence dealt with during a committal hearing accounted for just 1 per cent of the evidence gathered.

He said if the matter was committed to trial, it would run for months, not weeks.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/forensic-experts-front-court-for-morcombe-murder-committal-hearing-20121128-2ad6w.html#ixzz2DUFZG11p

marlywings
11-27-2012, 11:10 PM
28th Nov 2012

Speaking outside the court on Wednesday, the Morcombes said they were taking the court proceedings day by day.

"Every day has it's own challenges,'' Mr Morcombe said.

He said the case appeared to be progressing well.

"We are really pleased that day by day we are not losing ground.''

Asked about the release of Daniel's remains back to the family, Mr Morcombe said: "We are hoping that common sense will prevail and we will end up with Daniel's remains sooner than later.''

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/parents-steel-for-hard-day-in-court/1639026/

SouthAussie
11-27-2012, 11:18 PM
A witness who works with the control and management of wild animals has told the court he is positive wild animals would have dispersed the remains of Daniel Morcombe.

But defence lawyer Michael Bosscher said Mr Goullet, who had not visited the scene or been given a map of where remains were found, could not possibly know that.

''We know that the sun will rise tomorrow, whether we see it or not, a blind person would know that,'' Mr Goullet argued.

Mr Ellis told the court he believed the remains belonged to Daniel Morcombe.

''They are Daniel's body, that's my opinion,'' he said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/shock-images-distress-daniel-morcombes-parents-bruce-and-denise-as-court-examines-photos-of-bones/story-e6freoof-1226525265273

This is all so very sad, and particularly horrific for the Morcombe family ... I am glad to see that the witnesses are making strong statements and not wavering. Plenty of experience and/or good prepping there.

FruitTingles
11-28-2012, 01:51 AM
Thanks for all the updates marlywings! The Morcombes are always in my thoughts.

marlywings
11-28-2012, 05:49 PM
For the record...the full coverage of each day of Committal Hearing to date...

Day 1...

Day 2...

Day 3...

marlywings
11-28-2012, 10:54 PM
At long last some good news for the Morcombes...those poor people have been through so much & have waited so long for this....

11.22am: The Morcombes are one step closer to being able to bury their son after lawyers for accused murderer Brett Peter Cowan announced they had no further need of bones recovered from the Glass House Mountains.

Michael Bosscher has just revealed to the court his client has signed a consent order saying they had no intention of ordering any further tests from the remains.

It means it is now only up to the Crown to sign off on their release to the family.

Members of the Morcombe family have hugged at hearing the news they may soon be able to bury Daniel.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/follow-rolling-coverage-of-day-four-of-the-committal-hearing-into-daniel-morcombes-murder/story-e6freoof-1226526119981

SUNSHINE Coast residents have welcomed news that Daniel Morcombe's remains look set to be finally to be released to his family.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/sunshine-coast-residents-welcome-news-daniels-rele/1641140/

marlywings
11-28-2012, 11:04 PM
I think this is the first time I've read of a woman possibly being involved in Daniel's abduction!...

12.18pm: Witness Tracey Carpentar has described how she saw a young boy at a bus stop with a man and a woman who were on "drugs or alcohol".

Ms Carpentar said it wasn't until later she was a news report of a missing boy that she thought it might have been Daniel Morcombe.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/follow-rolling-coverage-of-day-four-of-the-committal-hearing-into-daniel-morcombes-murder/story-e6freoof-1226526119981

marlywings
11-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Identification witnesses

An elderly woman claims she saw a boy matching Daniel Morcombe's description at a service station near Townsville in January 2004.

In a testimony that went for 30 minutes and had to be constantly stopped for clarification, Mrs Lincoln told a story which involved minute detail of clothes and cars and observations of her friends, a service station attendant and noted dates by referring to an NRL grand final the Cowboys lost to the Tigers.

Mrs Lincoln said she had stopped at a service station at Yabulu to buy a paper and was walking back to her car when she saw a man "exclusively dressed" standing with a boy.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/morcombes-a-step-closer-to-burying-daniel-20121129-2ahjm.html#ixzz2Da8zZQXJ

marlywings
11-29-2012, 01:46 AM
2.30pm: A MAN has described how his neighbour joked he had "Daniel Morcombe" in the back as they discussed a bad smell coming from his car.

3pm: A WITNESS has described seeing a man leaning against a blue sedan talking to a boy on the day Daniel Morcombe disappeared.

4pm: A WOMAN on the bus Daniel Morcombe was waiting for on the day he disappeared said she "felt sorry" for a boy she saw trying to wave them down

marlywings
11-29-2012, 02:18 AM
5pm: THE remains of Daniel Morcombe will be handed over to his parents on Friday, allowing a grieving family to finally lay him to rest.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/follow-rolling-coverage-of-day-four-of-the-committal-hearing-into-daniel-morcombes-murder/story-fnat79vb-1226526119981

FruitTingles
11-29-2012, 03:07 AM
5pm: THE remains of Daniel Morcombe will be handed over to his parents on Friday, allowing a grieving family to finally lay him to rest.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/follow-rolling-coverage-of-day-four-of-the-committal-hearing-into-daniel-morcombes-murder/story-fnat79vb-1226526119981

Finally. After such long time. Daniel will finally truly be at peace.

Curiousasacat
11-29-2012, 10:55 AM
I am so pleased to hear they will finally be able to bury Daniel.

ozazure
11-29-2012, 02:33 PM
It's been almost 9 long years for them to be apart, I am very emotional about Daniel coming home to this family today. This time of year must be so difficult for them, I hope this can make it even the tiniest bit less painful as time goes on, that something right for Daniel happens now.

marlywings
11-29-2012, 04:42 PM
November 30, 2012

FOR years they hoped their missing boy would walk through the door. Today, Daniel Morcombe will be taken home to the Sunshine Coast, leaving his parents Bruce and Denise Morcombe feeling like they have received "fresh news" of his fate

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/bruce-and-denise-morcombe-will-take-the-remains-of-son-daniel-home-to-sunshine-coast/story-e6freoof-1226527051010

Jmbr
11-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Had tears in my eyes when I read they can finally take their son home and give him a farewell. It would feel like they're losing him all over again though.

One thing.. Does anybody else find the witnesses accounts odd? I'm hoping some are not elaborating to feel apart of it... The one in the petrol station? It could just be the articles I've read weren't getting the whole story across, but something doesn't sit well with me about some of the witnesses...

marlywings
11-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Morcombe family prepare for Daniel's funeral

A funeral could be held for Queensland teenager Daniel Morcombe as early as next Friday, to coincide with the ninth anniversary of his disappearance.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-30/morcombe-family-prepare-for-daniels-funeral/4400206

LegallyBrunette
11-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Finally. After such long time. Daniel will finally truly be at peace.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-k6QmJ9V1aDE/UK8eE6FoPUI/AAAAAAAGuV0/sU0AWzoGT_s/s1600/jesus-with-children-0401.jpg http://www.sacredheartbridgeton.co.uk/email,%20bullets,%20banners,%20iicons%20etc/god%20bless%20you.gif

marlywings
11-29-2012, 06:51 PM
30th Nov 2012

9.20AM UPDATE: THE father of Daniel Morcombe has vowed to ensure that someone is held responsible and pays a price for the death of his son.

Speaking outside the Brisbane Magistrates Court on Friday morning, Bruce Morcombe said while the family's focus now was on ensuring Daniel was given a fitting farewell, they would not lose sight in pursuing justice for their boy.

"... let's not forget where we are and why we are here,'' Mr Morcombe said.

"All those years ago Daniel was abducted and he was murdered.

"Somebody has done this. We need to find who is responsible and obviously they need to pay a price for that.''

THE Morcombes expect to release funeral details for Daniel at 4pm today

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/daniel-to-be-laid-to-rest-family-meets-to-reflect/1642303/

marlywings
11-29-2012, 08:34 PM
9.45am: A MAN has described seeing a tarp "jumping up and down" as a blue car pulled alongside him near the Kiel Mountain Rd overpass where Daniel Morcombe disappeared

10am: ANOTHER person has told of seeing a person struggling in a blue car at the Kiel Mountain Rd overpass.

10.20am: A WOMAN has described "locking eyes" with a man standing near a boy at the Kiel Mountain Rd overpass on the day Daniel Morcombe disappeared

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/follow-rolling-coverage-of-day-five-of-the-committal-hearing-into-daniel-morcombes-murder/story-e6freoof-1226527339056

ozgirl70
11-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Bruce and Denise Morcombe are an entity all of their own IMO. I have always been amazed by their strength and determination to not only find Daniel, but educate others so that they are aware of the dangers. Special, special people.

I hope they do get to hold Daniel's funeral on Friday. It seems right.

May he Rest in Peace.

marlywings
11-29-2012, 10:59 PM
This morning was spent hearing from more identification witnesses, who recalled seeing a boy they believed to be Daniel wearing a red T-shirt, standing under the Keil Mountain overpass on the Nambour Connection Road, on December 7, 2003.

But it was the last witness of the day, Karen Brady, who garnered the most attention when she gave evidence she had been put under hypnosis at police investigators’ request to try to remember the number plate of a car she had seen parked nearby

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/daniel-morcombes-accused-killer-will-face-trial-says-defence-20121130-2al3y.html#ixzz2Dfuj3gze

marlywings
11-29-2012, 11:00 PM
November 30, 2012
THE man accused of murdering Daniel Morcombe will almost certainly face trial, but not for another nine months at least, his lawyers say.
Brett Peter Cowan's defence team says there is no direct evidence against their client, but they expect he will be committed to trial.

"I have no doubt that his honour Judge Butler will find that there's a prima facie case," lawyer Tim Meehan told reporters outside the committal hearing at the Brisbane Magistrates Court on Friday.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/morcombes-consider-anniversary-funeral/story-e6freono-1226527340504

marlywings
11-30-2012, 02:03 AM
November 30, 2012 4:36PM

A FUNERAL will be held for Daniel Morcombe next Friday exactly nine years to the day the Sunshine Coast schoolboy disappeared.
The Morcombe family has confirmed the service will be held at 11am at St Catherine of Siena at Sippy Downs, on the grounds of Siena Catholic College where Daniel went to school.

Bruce Morcombe said the public was most welcome and were encouraged to wear a touch of red in honour of Daniel.

The family said it would be appreciated, in lieu of flowers, that donations be made to the Daniel Morcombe Foundation to support Daniel's valuable legacy, which was "working hard to protect other children, keeping kids safe and to help young victims of crime".

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/bruce-and-denise-morcombe-will-bury-their-son-daniel-on-ninth-anniversary-of-his-disappearance/story-e6freoof-1226527051010

SouthAussie
11-30-2012, 04:36 AM
Had tears in my eyes when I read they can finally take their son home and give him a farewell. It would feel like they're losing him all over again though.

One thing.. Does anybody else find the witnesses accounts odd? I'm hoping some are not elaborating to feel apart of it... The one in the petrol station? It could just be the articles I've read weren't getting the whole story across, but something doesn't sit well with me about some of the witnesses...

Know what you mean Jmbr. I think that they would be using witnesses who help to prove the prosecution's case though, so there must be more to it. Maybe the police also have CCTV footage from the petrol station, or mobile phone data that proves Cowan was at the petrol station at that time? I'm sure there are things that may not be revealed until the actual trial. According to the inquest reports referenced further back in this thread, they had been investigating Cowan (and others) for a long while.

Now the Morcombes can lay their beloved son to rest with the dignity and love he so deserves. :rose:

Jmbr
11-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Know what you mean Jmbr. I think that they would be using witnesses who help to prove the prosecution's case though, so there must be more to it. Maybe the police also have CCTV footage from the petrol station, or mobile phone data that proves Cowan was at the petrol station at that time? I'm sure there are things that may not be revealed until the actual trial. According to the inquest reports referenced further back in this thread, they had been investigating Cowan (and others) for a long while.

Now the Morcombes can lay their beloved son to rest with the dignity and love he so deserves. :rose:

Good point, didn't think of that. I really hope they've got the right guy..

LegallyBrunette
11-30-2012, 03:46 PM

Didn't I read in forensic evidence that the vehicle had been examined first in 2003?
Not across all details and evidence but am trying to understand why accused has only now consented to release of Daniel's remains. Sure, I get that a person defending this particular charge needs to establish that what has been found is the victim, but if it wasn't, then who is it and what is explanation for remains being there?
Maybe this has been covered already.
It is disgraceful that the Morcombe's have had to wait so long to bury their son, and it seems that not only the accused and his legal reps are responsible. JMO

ETA: Sounds like there have been some Mastermind candidates in the public gallery. And the poor parents, listening to some of the witnesses describing alleged sightings of their son, but didn't bother to go to police straight away.

marlywings
11-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Sunshine Coast mayor praises courage of Morcombe family

1st Dec 2012

MAYOR Mark Jamieson has expressed his sympathy to the Morcombe family, on behalf of the people of the Sunshine Coast.

"The time has come for the family to finally lay Daniel to rest," CrJamieson said.

"What they have been through these last nine years can never be fully understood by any of us, particularly as all the uncertainty they have endured, followed by their grief, has had to be borne in the glare of huge publicity.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/mayor-mark-jamieson-has-expressed-his-sympathy-to-/1643880/

marlywings
11-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Bruce and Denise Morcombe have decided to hold a public ceremony and a private burial service.

"It's the family's way of saying thank you for never forgetting Daniel and continuing the search,'' Mr Morcombe told Fairfax Media.

"We won’t be reflecting on any negative aspects or being bitter or sad, it is a celebration of Daniel's short life, but obviously we'll also be looking forward to Daniel's legacy of educating and protecting children from the dangers.''

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/daniel-morcombes-funeral-to-be-held-next-friday-20121130-2al3y.html#ixzz2DkGG6wx4