PDA

View Full Version : Speculation on the Second Cross

Pages : 1 [2]

passionflower
11-09-2008, 02:07 PM
I remember a hand made beaded type 'rosary' beads hanging on Caylee's bedroom door from Greta program.

Salem
11-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Respectfully snipped ~
LP and anyone who works for him is considered an agent of LE.

...the person who is going to get hurt is Tim Miller who is going to rue the day he ever got involved with LP.

Bev - are all bounty hunters considered LE agents?

Also, how will LP hurt Tim?

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I "think" I recognize LP for what he is, but I'm not sure how it will have a negative impact on TM (which I could become very distressed about). Is it because of all the publicity? LP has said - it is TM's show and whatever TM says goes. I would never pass any negativity from LP off on to TM, but that's just me. Sometimes I just don't see these things clearly and would appreciate your comments on how LP could have a negative impact on TM.

Thanks,

Salem

Jolynna
11-09-2008, 07:40 PM
I asked TP (on the TP thread) IF there would be taping while Casey was out on bail.

He did not deny it.

It isn't illegal to tape conversation or even do video if it is agreed to in advance. Every convenience store does. Not just to video robbers. But to video the employees.

If I were Leonard, I'd want tapes for my company's protection. I imagine there were conditions stipulated to by Baez. But a bond company is also a business.

If I had to bet, I'd guess Leonard can back up his words about things people who work for him were told. His opinions, which Leonard says are opinions, are different.

Chilly Willy
11-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Why would they leave the cross behind??? And who removed it???:confused:

So a searcher found the cross during the first search and took a picture of it..and even though the beads apparently matched some that were said to belong to Casey, LE ignored this find. Tim went on to conduct massive searches in other areas while also ignoring this find. Some unknown person came along at some point and took the beads. NOW suddenly after all the wasted hours of searching elsewhere, the bead find is a big deal and LP has the whole thing figured out.

Sure.

Jolynna
11-09-2008, 07:53 PM
I think Casey and Lee's conversation about the Blackjack being lost at Blanchard park is hinky.

I have not agreed with all of LP's opinions.

But, I do think the scenario he presented to Murt tonight is viable.

Diane Downs had the unicorn engraved with her children's names. Even killer moms might have their sentimental moments. I think Casey was capable of both making a memorial to Caylee and canoodling with Tony within hours of killing her.

IMO

Jolynna
11-09-2008, 07:59 PM
So a searcher found the cross during the first search and took a picture of it..and even though the beads apparently matched some that were said to belong to Casey, LE ignored this find. Tim went on to conduct massive searches in other areas while also ignoring this find. Some unknown person came along at some point and took the beads. NOW suddenly after all the wasted hours of searching elsewhere, the bead find is a big deal and LP has the whole thing figured out.

Sure.

Chilly,

On this one, I am going to go with my gut.

I say yes, LP might have something.

I tried to find a sheepish looking smiley cause I will feel illogical for sticking my neck out on this because of feelings. But, to me, a lot of LP's theory made sense.

tfrohning
11-09-2008, 08:44 PM
I think Casey and Lee's conversation about the Blackjack being lost at Blanchard park is hinky.

I have not agreed with all of LP's opinions.

But, I do think the scenario he presented to Murt tonight is viable.

Diane Downs had the unicorn engraved with her children's names. Even killer moms might have their sentimental moments. I think Casey was capable of both making a memorial to Caylee and canoodling with Tony within hours of killing her.

IMO
i need to go back to Diane Downs case but i think she also had tatoo done

JaJo
11-09-2008, 09:07 PM
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/Jasvon/?action=view&current=CaseyRosary.jpg

This "necklace" looks home-made and is NOT a Catholic Rosary. A Catholic Rosary would have 5 beads above the Crucifix and then a medal and the 10 decades of beads above the medal.

The Crucifix doesn't look like it's made of fabric, though, as Murt mentioned.

Jolynna
11-09-2008, 09:26 PM
One of Casey's receipts was from Hancock fabrics.

IF the BH saw fabric that was the same as the fabric found with the necklace OR that receipt has an identifying info that is the same THAT would be interesting information.

Boots-OK
11-09-2008, 10:33 PM
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/Jasvon/?action=view&current=CaseyRosary.jpg

This "necklace" looks home-made and is NOT a Catholic Rosary. A Catholic Rosary would have 5 beads above the Crucifix and then a medal and the 10 decades of beads above the medal.

The Crucifix doesn't look like it's made of fabric, though, as Murt mentioned.

Do any of you know if Tony L. is Catholic?

Boots-OK
11-09-2008, 10:36 PM
I saw Murt's interview with Leonard and don't recall hearing Leonard say anthing about fabric. He used the word "material". Maybe Murt assumed it was fabric since that's what we used to call it?

Jolynna
11-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Casey shopped at Hancock Fabrics on June 27, the same day she bought something from J.C. Penny's.

Hancock Fabrics sells a bead jewelry-making kit and additional supplies.

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/Walter-Foster-Fashion-Your-Own-Series-Kits-Crafts_stcVVproductId47605550VVcatId537271VVviewpr od.htm

yosande
11-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Perhaps she did wear a wire, and perhaps that info cannot be used in a court of law, BUT that does not mean that what was HEARD cannot be followed up on and investigated, yes? Perhaps she wanted immunity because she felt that she was breaking some sort of confidentiality clause and did not want to break confidence unless she would NOT be held accountable. Perhaps she wanted immunity because Casey told her something important and she did not immediately report it as would be the standard protocol in such a situation. Perhaps perhaps perhaps...is all we know on that score...
perhaps she didn't need immunity at all, and LP only speculated that LE was coming to see her in the first place. IIRC LE went to MH, and to intervere him, and didn't go see LP or crew at all. I don't recall LE saying they were going to see her, I don't recall them saying anything except maybe that they were going to Calif. jmo

Jolynna
11-09-2008, 10:52 PM
I betcha, betcha, betcha Casey's handmade bead jewelry came from a kit purchased (or stolen) from Hancock Fabrics.

Recovering-Lurker
11-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Casey shopped at Hancock Fabrics on June 27, the same day she bought something from J.C. Penny's.

Hancock Fabrics sells a bead jewelry-making kit and additional supplies.

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/Walter-Foster-Fashion-Your-Own-Series-Kits-Crafts_stcVVproductId47605550VVcatId537271VVviewpr od.htm

She did???? I don't remember seeing this. Do you have a link? Thanks!

txsvicki
11-09-2008, 10:53 PM
I don't know what LP would call fabric, but here in Texas I've always heard people refer to fabric as material. A necklace could be made from weaving strands of fabric together and putting beads onto it. I wonder if that's what they're talking about or just beads strung onto a cord.

Jolynna
11-09-2008, 10:57 PM
She did???? I don't remember seeing this. Do you have a link? Thanks!

Yes, she did.

It was speculated that Hancock referred to a movie or movie theater.

But, if you look at the bead jewelry kit and Casey's bracelet, it is evident Casey went there for her jewelry supplies.

Oakley
11-09-2008, 11:25 PM
I betcha, betcha, betcha Casey's handmade bead jewelry came from a kit purchased (or stolen) from Hancock Fabrics.

I have been searching through the docs for that handwritten page (LA wrote?) listing store receipts with amounts spent. I haven't been able to locate it yet but I am fairly certain Hancock's was on the list.

magic-cat
11-09-2008, 11:30 PM
One of Casey's receipts was from Hancock fabrics.

IF the BH saw fabric that was the same as the fabric found with the necklace OR that receipt has an identifying info that is the same THAT would be interesting information.

Depending what that receipt was for, she could have bought some sort of vinyl material and wrapped caylee in it over and over and sewed her up inside it. At the same time she may have bought something pretty to put inside as a liner maybe, and then fashioned the cross to match or just added little rags of cloth upon the necklace. Who knows really, since we have not seen the thing...yet.:eek:

Salem
11-09-2008, 11:32 PM
I have been searching through the docs for that handwritten page (LA wrote?) listing store receipts with amounts spent. I haven't been able to locate it yet but I am fairly certain Hancock's was on the list.

Its attached to LA's statement. On some docs it is the first page, and on others it is the last page. It depends on which set of docs you are looking at. Good luck!

Salem

Oakley
11-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Its attached to LA's statement. On some docs it is the first page, and on others it is the last page. It depends on which set of docs you are looking at. Good luck!

Salem

Found it (Thanks to Patty G, who so nicely organized and labeled the docs on the Sticky threads!) The purchase was to Waterford "Hancock" on 7/7 for $8.00. There was another one for $8.00 which appears as if this indeed is for a movie, as some others have stated.

MD MOMMY
11-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Yes, she did.

It was speculated that Hancock referred to a movie or movie theater.

But, if you look at the bead jewelry kit and Casey's bracelet, it is evident Casey went there for her jewelry supplies.

There are Hancock fabric stores but I believe this company closed a bunch of stores in 2007, mainly in Florida. There is a Regal Waterford movie theater in Orlando. I can't find a Hancock fabric store near Orlando that is open. If you find one let me know though:crazy:

ETA There is a W. Smith movie called Hancock that was out around the same time frame.

MOMto5
11-09-2008, 11:37 PM
I saw Murt's interview with Leonard and don't recall hearing Leonard say anthing about fabric. He used the word "material". Maybe Murt assumed it was fabric since that's what we used to call it?

That's what I head LP say...."material". I thought he was referring to beads as the "material"

MD MOMMY
11-10-2008, 12:29 AM
KC wears all those bracelets I wonder if any of them are beaded and match the beads in this cross? I'm thinking possibly the female BG had to of seen them on KC to recognize them possibly???? I'm picture diving to get a good look at her bracelets.

Chilly Willy
11-10-2008, 12:32 AM
That's what I head LP say...."material". I thought he was referring to beads as the "material"

I just watched the video again. LP says the cross was made from 'little beads and material' that Casey got from the house on the 27th.

TURBOTHINK
11-10-2008, 12:40 AM
I just watched the video again. LP says the cross was made from 'little beads and material' that Casey got from the house on the 27th.

Which was the one which the female body guard watched her make according to LP.

The problem is, the necklace is now gone. I cannot believe they did not collect that for evidence.

What team leader was so uninterested as to pass on something like that?

magic-cat
11-10-2008, 12:45 AM

The problem is, the necklace is now gone. I cannot believe they did not collect that for evidence.

Are you saying that they just left it there and photographed it ONLY? And then it vanished? Does anyone know when it vanished?

MD MOMMY
11-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Are you saying that they just left it there and photographed it ONLY? And then it vanished? Does anyone know when it vanished?

That is how they made it sound..like WHOMP it was gone.

Chilly Willy
11-10-2008, 12:47 AM

No way could the female body guard have watched her make it. Casey was on house arrest, she couldn't have made it when the body guard was there and then taken it to the park.

impatientredhead
11-10-2008, 12:50 AM

The team leaders don't collect evidence to my understanding. They stay put until LE is notified and it is LEs determination to make. They apparantly didn't find it to be significant, right or wrong. I personally don't see Casey doing memorial visits to where she buried Caylee. That reflects a conscience and remorse, of which I don't believe she has either. I know Diane Downs had a memorial item but she wasn't denying her kid(s) were harmed/dead. Of course LE could have it and not be saying so?

Chilly Willy
11-10-2008, 12:51 AM
The team leaders don't collect evidence to my understanding. They stay put until LE is notified and it is LEs determination to make. They apparantly didn't find it to be significant, right or wrong. I personally don't see Casey doing memorial visits to where she buried Caylee. That reflects a conscience and remorse, of which I don't believe she has either. I know Diane Downs had a memorial item but she wasn't denying her kid(s) were harmed/dead. Of course LE could have it and not be saying so?

Someone thought it was important enough to take a picture of. It makes no sense to me that it wasn't collected.

MD MOMMY
11-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Someone thought it was important enough to take a picture of. It makes no sense to me that it wasn't collected.

I agree Chilly, what is the point of taking a picture really when you could just collect it. It's not as though it's some 100lb thing that is awkward to toss in an evidence collection bag..makes no sense at all to me. JMO.

Meemom
11-10-2008, 12:58 AM
No way could the female body guard have watched her make it. Casey was on house arrest, she couldn't have made it when the body guard was there and then taken it to the park.

LP meant KC took it out there on 27th of June...before the sh...hit the fan. FBH saw KC using beads and material at home when KC was there on house arrest. Apparently she recognized identical beads/fabric when shown a photo of the cross that was found at BP

Chilly Willy
11-10-2008, 12:58 AM
I agree Chilly, what is the point of taking a picture really when you could just collect it. It's not as though it's some 100lb thing that is awkward to toss in an evidence collection bag..makes no sense at all to me. JMO.

From what I saw on the news yesterday, the searchers were all given red flags to mark anything they found that could potentially be evidence. Those marked items were to be left alone for LE to follow up and collect afterwards. Either the searcher did not consider the cross evidence, which is unlikely since a picture exists, or LE failed to collect the cross. I wonder how the picture ended up in LP's possession.

Meemom
11-10-2008, 01:00 AM

Is the photo out there somewhere or just with LE? If public, we could cross check all the other photos of KC to see if she has anything similar....?

impatientredhead
11-10-2008, 01:01 AM

The picture may have been taken by a searcher. We have seen pictures of unrelated gas cans, bikini bottoms, and misc fabric throughout the blogs, doesn't mean they were collected by LE.

Chilly Willy
11-10-2008, 01:03 AM
LP meant KC took it out there on 27th of June...before the sh...hit the fan. FBH saw KC using beads and material at home when KC was there on house arrest. Apparently she recognized identical beads/fabric when shown a photo of the cross that was found at BP

Thanks, that's what I thought. I'm curious though why none of this was known until today since the cross was found back in August. It just doesn't sound right to me, TES announces they are ending the search and LP pulls yet another "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this before...." out of his hat. If these cross actually was made by Casey and Caylee's body is found in Blanchard Park, imagine all the money and effort that was spent searching elsewhere while LP kept this info to himself.

Chilly Willy
11-10-2008, 01:06 AM
Is the photo out there somewhere or just with LE? If public, we could cross check all the other photos of KC to see if she has anything similar....?

LP has the photo according to an article I read earlier. Let me see if I can find the article.

Chilly Willy
11-10-2008, 01:15 AM
Found this, it's difficult to make sense of, though:

"After chasing leads all day Sunday, Padilla says he thinks he has something. He says in August, EquuSearch found a cross made from arts and crafts in Blanchard Park. One of his team members recognizes those materials. She says she saw the same arts and crafts materials in Casey Anthony’s room after they bailed her out of jail.

Sunday morning, Padilla took a photograph of the cross and found the place where searchers discovered it. Padilla says the tree where searchers found the cross hanging is near water.

Now, Padilla has assembled a team of divers to search a nearby part of the Little Econ River."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who had the cross? All other reports say it disappeared so how did LP photograph it this morning?

I'm not sure this is an official FBI dive that's planned for the morning. I think it may be a team of divers LP put together that includes FBI divers.

Oops...here's the link: http://www.wftv.com/news/17938513/detail.html

Pondering Mind
11-10-2008, 01:47 AM
Thanks, that's what I thought. I'm curious though why none of this was known until today since the cross was found back in August. It just doesn't sound right to me, TES announces they are ending the search and LP pulls yet another "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this before...." out of his hat. If these cross actually was made by Casey and Caylee's body is found in Blanchard Park, imagine all the money and effort that was spent searching elsewhere while LP kept this info to himself.

Apparently it was known before today according to David Lohr, but he was asked not to reveal info (don't know by who) but it seems someone leaked it, so he was given the go ahead to post it. Maybe the link will help.
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/11/get-the-latest.html

Chilly Willy
11-10-2008, 02:11 AM
Apparently it was known before today according to David Lohr, but he was asked not to reveal info (don't know by who) but it seems someone leaked it, so he was given the go ahead to post it. Maybe the link will help.
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/11/get-the-latest.html

From that link:

Yes, a cross was found hanging on a tree branch. No, it was not found today, it was found during the first search effort. The information has been carefully guarded because we were not sure of the significance of the find. It was not a store bought necklace, but a craft item that someone had made out of plastic and beads. What made the find interesting was that the beads, according to Leonard Padilla, were "identical" to beads that the female bounty hunter (the one who stayed in the house when Casey was out on bond) had seen on jewlery that Casey had allegedly made. Is it related to the case? Unknown. I saw a photo of the cross today but unfortunately that is the only thing they have. The cross was left on the branch and, according to Rob Dick, disappeared shortly thereafter.

~~~~~~~

I'm still not clear on this. The cross was not retrieved and has since disappeared yet, according to wftv, LP took a picture of it this morning. Very strange. :waitasec:

JaJo
11-10-2008, 02:30 AM
till not clear on this. The cross was not retrieved and has since disappeared yet, according to wftv, LP took a picture of it this morning. Very strange. :waitasec:

My understanding is that he didn't take a photograph today, buy had a photograph with him today that he used to lead him to the site where the photo was originally taken?????

"Sunday morning, Padilla took a photograph of the cross and found the place where searchers discovered it. Padilla says the tree where searchers found the cross hanging is near water."

TripleA
11-10-2008, 02:34 AM
If it was hanging in a tree originally, maybe the searchers who photographed it could not get it down because of the high waters at the time.

Chilly Willy
11-10-2008, 02:44 AM
My understanding is that he didn't take a photograph today, buy had a photograph with him today that he used to lead him to the site where the photo was originally taken?????

You're right, it could just be a matter of how it's written - LP used (not took) a photograph to identify the location. Although with as professional a group as what TES is, it seems they would have marked the tree somehow so it could be identified later. I still have questions though, how did LP get this photo? Why didn't Tim follow up on it? Why was such an important find not collected immediately? The cross couldn't have been hung any higher than what Casey could reach, how high could the water have been that a person wearing waders couldn't retrieve it? Not one word about the cross has come from anyone other the LP and his sidekick. Until it does I'm not going to take it seriously.

SeriouslySearching
11-10-2008, 02:59 AM
Thanks, that's what I thought. I'm curious though why none of this was known until today since the cross was found back in August. It just doesn't sound right to me, TES announces they are ending the search and LP pulls yet another "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this before...." out of his hat. If these cross actually was made by Casey and Caylee's body is found in Blanchard Park, imagine all the money and effort that was spent searching elsewhere while LP kept this info to himself.People spend far too much time dissing LP for everything he does when all he is doing is trying his best to find Caylee!! WTH?! Maybe we should bludgeon everyone who is out there searching, on television discussing it, or otherwise involved in finding Caylee, too?! I am sure we could come up with something on each and every person involved in this situation including those who work for LE, the FBI, and every news station while we are at it! Next should we start on the posters?! I don't think so! :furious::furious::furious:

:furious: I am so very tired of defending this man constantly here!! There is NO reason for people to continually bash him. He is doing what he feels is the right thing to bring Caylee home. I am so glad there are people in the world who care enough to want to go try!!

TES was aware of the cross from the first search. You would have to ask Tim why they didn't pursue it. However, first thing tomorrow morning...it is being done and maybe Tim helped arrange it with OCSO. Perhaps OCSO and the FBI wanted to wait in order to use some of Tim's equipment. There could a lot of reasons it was put off until tomorrow.

JaJo
11-10-2008, 03:08 AM
http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/9/2/casey_could_take_immunity_for_information_on_cayle e.html

After clicking on above site, click on Volunteer Hospitalized where there's a picture of a bracelet Casey made using the beads.

JaJo
11-10-2008, 03:18 AM
It seemed to me when TES decided to end the search before searching the water that LP jumped on it because he thinks the body is there and there's a $250.000. reward on the table. He's out $50,0000., so why not continue with the search without TES if he believes he's right??? LP is a Bounty Hunter doing his job.

SeriouslySearching
11-10-2008, 03:25 AM
OK For starters...the very large reward was offered before for Caylee being returned SAFELY and alive. It was rescinded a long time ago to my knowledge.

LP was the one who put up an additional reward (after he lost $50,000) for anyone coming forward with information leading to her body instead. He has rescinded the offer since no one did.

Even if there was a reward now...LP would not take it. He is not in this for the money.

nancy botwin
11-10-2008, 03:31 AM
http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/9/2/casey_could_take_immunity_for_information_on_cayle e.html

After clicking on above site, click on Volunteer Hospitalized where there's a picture of a bracelet Casey made using the beads.

Thank you! I took a screenshot for others interested in seeing the bracelet Casey made for 12 yr old DS:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/misconline/dakotabracelet.jpg

L L & S
11-10-2008, 04:18 AM
People spend far too much time dissing LP for everything he does when all he is doing is trying his best to find Caylee!! WTH?! Maybe we should bludgeon everyone who is out there searching, on television discussing it, or otherwise involved in finding Caylee, too?! I am sure we could come up with something on each and every person involved in this situation including those who work for LE, the FBI, and every news station while we are at it! Next should we start on the posters?! I don't think so! :furious::furious::furious:

:furious: I am so very tired of defending this man constantly here!! There is NO reason for people to continually bash him. He is doing what he feels is the right thing to bring Caylee home. I am so glad there are people in the world who care enough to want to go try!!

TES was aware of the cross from the first search. You would have to ask Tim why they didn't pursue it. However, first thing tomorrow morning...it is being done and maybe Tim helped arrange it with OCSO. Perhaps OCSO and the FBI wanted to wait in order to use some of Tim's equipment. There could a lot of reasons it was put off until tomorrow.

Well put.

Jolynna
11-10-2008, 04:32 AM
Whether or not the beads came from Hancock...Casey used beads to make jewelry.

She had to fill her days doing something while her friends were at work. She also had to find things to do while avoiding her family when she was out on bail.

I believe the bond lady saw Casey making bead jewelry. Maybe Casey even made a necklace or bracelet for the bond lady? I thought I read somewhere that they hugged before Casey went back to jail the first time.

Casey's arms were full of bead bracelets when Casey was headed for jail the next time. There are kits and supplies to make the sort of things Casey was wearing. Even target has bead making kits.

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/static?page=beads

On September 15, people were complaining about Cindy wearing a necklace with Caylee's picture on it. I have been looking for pictures of THAT necklace to see if it could be one of Casey's creations. (made for Cindy while Casey was out on bail)

I kind of remember seeing Cindy with a necklace with Caylee's picture but I can't remember where I saw it.

Pink Panther
11-10-2008, 04:35 AM
Thank you for posting the bracelet pick Nancy. I've been curious to see it. Made me shudder. Why on earth would she write "my sister" on a bracelet to a little girl who she has never met is beyond me.

In Lohr's description of the cross, and Padilla's, they seem to be talking about an object that includes both plastic AND fabric...So, perhaps the object is more in line with the black rosary necklace we've seen???

Virtual Truth
11-10-2008, 04:39 AM
Thank you! I took a screenshot for others interested in seeing the bracelet Casey made for 12 yr old DS:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/misconline/dakotabracelet.jpg

It would be interesting to know if the cross had a word or words, like this bracelet. Perhaps "daugher" or "love" or "Caylee".....

Pink Panther
11-10-2008, 04:41 AM
It would be interesting to know if the cross had a word or words, like this bracelet. Perhaps "daugher" or "love" or "Caylee".....
I don't think that we should automatically assume that she used these beads.

Jolynna
11-10-2008, 04:48 AM
I don't think that we should automatically assume that she used these beads.

There are lots of kinds of beads available.

Evidently the bounty hunter saw Casey with "material" similar to whatever kind of necklace was found.

Since Casey couldn't shop for craft supplies while out on bail, it is probably safe to assume this was a hobby she had taken up before Caylee disappeared.

IMO

JaJo
11-10-2008, 10:30 AM
I don't know how to do a screen copy, but here's a link for a picture of the cross found on the tree....which does look like it's made of fabric.

http://www.wftv.com/index.html

Jolynna
11-10-2008, 10:44 AM
I don't know how to do a screen copy, but here's a link for a picture of the cross found on the tree....which does look like it's made of fabric.

http://www.wftv.com/index.html

Thanks for finding this, JaJo.

Fabric can be matched.

The necklace is distinctive.

JaJo
11-10-2008, 10:52 AM
I recall reading/hearing somewhere that KC purchased fabric from JC Penny and the fabric on the Cross matches it. Anyone else recall this?

Bev
11-10-2008, 11:39 AM
If that's a picture of the cross then she might as well have handed out laminated maps with X marks the spot.

Winnts
11-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Those beads someone put up from the bracelet do not look the same to me.
Curious to see if there are any other creatiosn for comparison. Boy i'd love to find out mroe about what that female bodyguard knows.

reefshadow
11-10-2008, 06:52 PM
I haven't seen any pics of the cross in question that was found back in August on this thread, this is the only image I can find:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g193/reefshadow/picture-24.png

So I have a few questions/observations.

1. Are we talking about yet another cross found? Because what I can see in the pic looks nothing like any jewelry I have ever seen any of the A's wearing. Doesn't look like the rosary or anything like the department store jewelry that CA usually wears.

2. NG was killed in this area, I think it is likely that this cross was left by a friend or family in her memory.

3. If this is the cross in question, what the heck is LP talking about when he compares it to materials in the A household? It looks like a piece of fabric and a painted wooden cross to me, I don't really see any beadwork. I think I see a few beads, but they look so generic, just like coloured glass or plastic that anyone could get at any craft store. I CANNOT see KC fashioning anything out of wood, she is so lazy it seems that she would buy everything at a store. Maybe it's just weathered, but the cross looks like something that would be made in wood shop, not bought. The edges are kind of raggedy and it just looks home made to me.

Anyhow, if the cross in the picture is the one we're talking about I don't see any way to correlate it to any of the jewely the A's wear or the speculated purchase at JCP, or anything. Am I missing something here?

Bev
11-10-2008, 06:56 PM
When has KC ever worn a rosary? I'm curious.

21merc7
11-10-2008, 07:03 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but, I think the cross looks like a dog leash attached? (The smaller orange thing that looks like it may have a buckle, maybe not.) Also appears to be made by a child or childlike mindset for the rememberance. Could be a memorial for a beloved pet that loved the park? Or for the girl whom was murdered there. Just don't think KC would have put that large a "rememberance" or marker....

reefshadow
11-10-2008, 07:04 PM

There's a pic floating around somewhere with her wearing a long, rosary-like cross necklace. May be a Fusian pic, I don't remember. I'll do a search for a link. In any case, I don't see how the cross in the tree can be related to any jewelry they wear?

reefshadow
11-10-2008, 07:09 PM

Here we go:

I'm not sure if that's an actual Catholic rosary (like for counting decades) somehow I think it's just decorative. But anyway, some people on this thread seem to be trying to relate that necklace to the one in the tree and I just can't see it at all, lol.

reefshadow
11-10-2008, 07:25 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but, I think the cross looks like a dog leash attached? (The smaller orange thing that looks like it may have a buckle, maybe not.) Also appears to be made by a child or childlike mindset for the rememberance. Could be a memorial for a beloved pet that loved the park? Or for the girl whom was murdered there. Just don't think KC would have put that large a "rememberance" or marker....

I totally agree, and the thought also crossed my mind that this could be a pet memorial.

I don't see what could be a buckle, but I DO also think this looks like something a child might make with the help of a parent that's humoring them. I mean really, who would use materials like that to fashion a memorial for a dead child and then leave it in such a conspicuous place?

To me, the "fabric" doesn't look like fabric at all. It looks like plastic. It looks stiff and has a plastic sheen to it. It looks alot like the kind of plastic ribbon you would use to mark something off with stakes, like at a crime scene or an archaeological dig.

What color plastic tape does TES use to mark potential finds?

Bev
11-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks, Reefshadow. It isn't a rosary it a necklace with a cross. I was wondering what they were talking about.

Chilly Willy
11-10-2008, 08:02 PM
It's amazing how clean and new looking that cross is. Not a speck of wear or fading from the sun. Almost like it was brand new when the photo was taken. :waitasec:

impatientredhead
11-10-2008, 08:08 PM
It's amazing how clean and new looking that cross is. Not a speck of wear or fading from the sun. Almost like it was brand new when then photo was taken. :waitasec:

And I thought it was on a branch over the water?

reefshadow
11-10-2008, 08:17 PM
It's amazing how clean and new looking that cross is. Not a speck of wear or fading from the sun. Almost like it was brand new when then photo was taken. :waitasec:

If you're saying what I think you are, it wouldn't surprise me in the least :)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the "material" is orange flagging tape. What do you think? If it is, that stuff gets faded and ragged very quickly but what's on the tree still looks pretty new. It would surprise me very much if KC made jewelry with giant child-like crosses and orange plastic flagging tape.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=158660-46697-158660&lpage=none

AutomaticAuttie
11-10-2008, 08:20 PM
The beads in that picture are "a dime a dozen" so to speak!

reefshadow
11-10-2008, 08:28 PM
And I thought it was on a branch over the water?

Leonard Padilla- "”We looked at the tree where the cross was hanging and it’s not more than 70 yards away from the water’s edge"

Hmmmm... a park full of trees, just one with a cross and it's over 200 feet from the water. It relates to the water how? I'm sure there are other trees closer to the water.

IMO this cross was not put there by KC by any stretch of the imagination.

stellacotton
11-10-2008, 09:35 PM
I found very similar beads to the ones on the cross at the Hancock craft store listed in a earlier post. But Im sure they can be found at many craft stores as they seem to be pretty cheap/generic. I think the cross itself appears to be made out of foam of some sort? If made by Casey for Caylee perhaps the foam was cut from a favorite toy/stuffed animal or possibly bedding?

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/Value-Pack-Opaque-Tri-Beads-10mm-725-Pkg-Beads_stcVVproductId47611814VVcatId539877VVviewpro d.htm

kathyn2
11-10-2008, 09:47 PM
I find this cross on the tree very eerie. Especially in light that Padilla says those same types of beads were at the Anthony's house. Has law enforement gotten that cross? Can they check it for fingerprints? It may be really good evidence. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CROSS??

Chilly Willy
11-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Why did LP says that the tree with the cross was in water at the time the cross was found when there is nothing but green grass under the tree in the photograph?

MD MOMMY
11-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Why did LP says that the tree with the cross was in water at the time the cross was found when there is nothing but green grass under the tree in the photograph?

Was the river overflowing due to the hurricane? Maybe the tree was in water a few months ago.

Chilly Willy
11-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Was the river overflowing due to the hurricane? Maybe the tree was in water a few months ago.
The pictures was supposedly taken by a searcher during the first search, in August.

MD MOMMY
11-10-2008, 11:14 PM
The pictures was supposedly taken by a searcher during the first search, in August.

Right and isn't one of the reasons they stopped the search was b/c of the water from the hurricane impeding the search?

reefshadow
11-10-2008, 11:20 PM
I found very similar beads to the ones on the cross at the Hancock craft store listed in a earlier post. But Im sure they can be found at many craft stores as they seem to be pretty cheap/generic. I think the cross itself appears to be made out of foam of some sort? If made by Casey for Caylee perhaps the foam was cut from a favorite toy/stuffed animal or possibly bedding?

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/Value-Pack-Opaque-Tri-Beads-10mm-725-Pkg-Beads_stcVVproductId47611814VVcatId539877VVviewpro d.htm

I found a better pic of the cross, and I do agree that at higher resolution it looks like foam:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g193/reefshadow/cross_found_blanchard.jpg

Those tri beads are so generic though, and I really have a hard time believing that KC would make something so child-like. Also the colours are more "boy", I would expect her to include more pink in something for Caylee. If she had a kit I would think there were lots of "girl" colours included in it.

I still think the orange stuff looks like boundary tape.

MD MOMMY
11-10-2008, 11:23 PM
I agree it looks like foam with the rough/jagged edges being cut.

reefshadow
11-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Oh yeah, if that is the Econ river in the background there are obviously trees much closer.

Pondering Mind
11-11-2008, 12:03 AM

IIRC, it was said that pretty much the whole park was underwater at the time.

Chilly Willy
11-11-2008, 12:04 AM
IIRC, it was said that pretty much the whole park was underwater at the time.
Then that photo was not taken in August. So when was it taken and why is LP trying to pass it off as being taken during the first search?

This is HUGE, IMO.

Pondering Mind
11-11-2008, 12:07 AM
I found a better pic of the cross, and I do agree that at higher resolution it looks like foam:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g193/reefshadow/cross_found_blanchard.jpg

Those tri beads are so generic though, and I really have a hard time believing that KC would make something so child-like. Also the colours are more "boy", I would expect her to include more pink in something for Caylee. If she had a kit I would think there were lots of "girl" colours included in it.

I still think the orange stuff looks like boundary tape.

I agree, those are very common beads, I was hoping that they would be distinctive and unusual. I have bought those @ dollar tree, family dollar and drug stores for my grandchildren before.

Pondering Mind
11-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Then that photo was not taken in August. So when was it taken and why is LP trying to pass it off as being taken during the first search?

This is HUGE, IMO.

I may be wrong, info overload.:crazy: Murt was talking about the park being underwater and I *assumed* (I know, I know) that he was speaking of when the beads were found. After seeing the necklace, the beads are so common, I don't place a whole lot of significance on it, but I still say search on LP, it can't hurt IMO.

Chilly Willy
11-11-2008, 12:18 AM
I may be wrong, info overload.:crazy: Murt was talking about the park being underwater and I *assumed* (I know, I know) that he was speaking of when the beads were found. After seeing the necklace, the beads are so common, I don't place a whole lot of significance on it, but I still say search on LP, it can't hurt IMO.

I disagree. I think it has tremendous significance, not because it's related to Caylee's disappearance, but because someone has attempted to make it look as if it is. I'll go a step further and say that I don't believe this cross was found by a searcher in August. I think the whole thing is a scam.

trina133
11-11-2008, 12:19 AM
If it wasn't for the purple and white bead there, I would almost say a boy scout might have made it.........those blue and gold colors look like boy scout colors to me.

And I believe I read somewhere earlier that the orange material was what they were using to mark things of interest that was found.

Could they still get fingerprints from the bead?

capoly
11-11-2008, 12:22 AM
If that's a picture of the cross then she might as well have handed out laminated maps with X marks the spot.

LOLOL My thought also.

capoly
11-11-2008, 12:37 AM
The pictures was supposedly taken by a searcher during the first search, in August. (my bold)

All the info I'd read about the cross lead me to think it was a wearable item. So it was quite a surprise to have this 'memorial' pop up. Does make ya wonder. :confused:

Pondering Mind
11-11-2008, 12:37 AM
I disagree. I think it has tremendous significance, not because it's related to Caylee's disappearance, but because someone has attempted to make it look as if it is. I'll go a step further and say that I don't believe this cross was found by a searcher in August. I think the whole thing is a scam.

We will just have to agree to disagree on the "scam" part. :) I don't think that the beads are unique enough to get excited about, but I sure am glad LP is still searching.

reefshadow
11-11-2008, 01:35 AM

This is HUGE, IMO.

Well, something just does not seem "right" about it to me. I don't know where to even begin sleuthing this though, I guess we would have to have statements from locals as to when the flooding would have been that high, and when it receded, then correlate that to the search dates.

I'm also curious what the weather was like during the August search, I thought I remember some people saying the weather was wet and miserable but it's obvious from the photo that this is a sunny (or at least bright) warm day, and the Econ is well within its "boundaries".

The cross and beads look new and unweathered to me, but if this photo was truly taken in August and if Casey really put it there it would have been on that tree for a couple of months.

If the orange tape is a marker for LE, it would make sense if LE removed the cross, yet there seems to be some surprise about it disappearing suddenly?

Whatever the case, I don't believe Casey had anything to do with this cross.

ArizonaGiGi
11-11-2008, 04:42 AM
it looks like a craft project, maybe a church camp project. Maybe someone found it on the ground later and just hung it from the tree out of respect to the cross :confused:
I don't think it's connected to CA.

Dutchie Treat
11-11-2008, 05:35 AM
it looks like a craft project, maybe a church camp project. Maybe someone found it on the ground later and just hung it from the tree out of respect to the cross :confused:
I don't think it's connected to CA.

I agree with you. This, IMO, has nothing at all to do with Caylee. I would think otherwise that KC needed to learn "big girl scissors" again... it's very crudely made. This doesn't suit KC's need for perfection; image and living above her means. I would think she would make something much more refined or purchase something (like the crosses from JCP) gold or other precious metal. In addition, I can't believe she would be this naive.

MarleneM
11-11-2008, 09:00 AM
I agree with you. This, IMO, has nothing at all to do with Caylee. I would think otherwise that KC needed to learn "big girl scissors" again... it's very crudely made. This doesn't suit KC's need for perfection; image and living above her means. I would think she would make something much more refined or purchase something (like the crosses from JCP) gold or other precious metal. In addition, I can't believe she would be this naive.

I agree. First of all, the cross in the picture is crudely cut from a "foam sheet" that can be purchased in singles or variety packs at Walmart, craft/fabric stores, or even dollar stores. I have some myself for my 4yo to cut and make things with. The beads are also very common, cheap and child friendly (large in size with big hole for threading plastic line from kids' little hands). Churches and preschools have these supplies and the irregular cuts in the 'cross' look like something a young child would have done. This foam cross also seems very unweathered for having survived a hurricane 3 months ago - it doesn't even appear to be faded or dirty.

I think the cross was only recently put in the tree for either a hoax, or more likely a tribute from a caring child trying to deal with something they heard (which they shouldn't have) about their favorite place to play. I don't think KC would bother hanging/making a cross for Caylee, she didn't even make sure Caylee had her 'mama' doll with her the last time KC "saw" Caylee.

reefshadow
11-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm bumping this thread up.

I am very concerned and confused about the situation with this cross. Something stinks about it. I am seeing some posters claiming that the cross pictured above is not the one that has inspired LP to search where he is, but all the media information I can find is showing this same picture, and the descriptive info that LP gives indicates that this IS the same cross from august.

Something is amiss here, and someone has to know what is really going on. Can any of the August searchers that saw this speak up if you're viewing?

1. The cross is obviously new and not weathered, so when could KC have put it there?

2. The Econ is well within its boundaries and the ground is nowhere near flooded.

3. Doesn't look like anything KC would make in a million years.

Pink Panther
11-12-2008, 06:08 AM
Here's a link to a photograph of the tree carving:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=54234635&blogID=448364371

reefshadow
11-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Interesting, I don't see it at all though. Anyone could have carved that for any reason. It is also interesting to note that not only is it spelled with a K, it is spelled KALEY, so it's actually 3 letters off, not just one as was reported before.

KALEY
CAYLEE

Just don't see it.

Looks like it's also quite close to the ground and so a child could have done it.

Pink Panther
11-12-2008, 07:36 AM
Interesting, I don't see it at all though. Anyone could have carved that for any reason. It is also interesting to note that not only is it spelled with a K, it is spelled KALEY, so it's actually 3 letters off, not just one as was reported before.

KALEY
CAYLEE

Just don't see it.

Looks like it's also quite close to the ground and so a child could have done it.
I tend to agree. Looks like there was going to be the name of a boy beneath the "+".

reefshadow
11-12-2008, 07:42 AM
I tend to agree. Looks like there was going to be the name of a boy beneath the "+".

Hmmmm, I think you're right.

BTW, thanks for linking this. I was itching with curiosity.

Pink Panther
11-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Hmmmm, I think you're right.

BTW, thanks for linking this. I was itching with curiosity.
YW. I was too. :D

Bev
11-12-2008, 10:35 AM
I heard that right next to the cross and the tree carving, someone built a little chapel with a stained glass window map with "you are here" and "Kaley is over there" on it.

FloridaKatz
11-12-2008, 10:45 AM
I would like to know the condition of that cross. Is it tattered and worn from all the rain and weather elements, or does it look fairly new...

Noway
11-12-2008, 11:34 AM

This is HUGE, IMO.

Maybe it's to keep quiet what they are really comparing. A picture of a cross and beads won't hold up in court if there is no way to connect to Casey ... you'd need the actual cross/beads to do that.

I think the whole talk about crosses and beads is real, but they're not showing the right one.

Boston
11-12-2008, 01:05 PM
What happened to the 2 crosses that LP said that Cindy purchased at JC Penny...?

What kind of crosses are they....Metal, wood, Jewlery..?

reefshadow
11-12-2008, 04:13 PM
I would like to know the condition of that cross. Is it tattered and worn from all the rain and weather elements, or does it look fairly new...

Hey, FK. You can look at the condition of it on the last page. It looks brand spanking new to me. The blue foam cross pic I put up is the only one circulating the media with the story. A few people are rumor-mongering that the cross LP is talking about is different, but if so there is no news story, no pic and no evidence that there is any other cross. Until I see something different I'm going with the reputable news outlets and saying this is what all the hullaballoo is about.

Not very promising in any way IMO. That thing would be weathered if the pic was taken in August, having been through sun, rain, and at least 1 hurricane for weeks.

I would love for someone who has access to this kind of foam to put a chunk out in the weather for 10 days and take before and after pictures.

reefshadow
11-12-2008, 04:15 PM
I heard that right next to the cross and the tree carving, someone built a little chapel with a stained glass window map with "you are here" and "Kaley is over there" on it.

LOL!

This evidence is like trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Chilly Willy
11-12-2008, 04:48 PM
LOL!

This evidence is like trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
I can't understand why no one is concerned that LP's cross story is so obviously false. :waitasec:

reefshadow
11-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Maybe it's to keep quiet what they are really comparing. A picture of a cross and beads won't hold up in court if there is no way to connect to Casey ... you'd need the actual cross/beads to do that.

I think the whole talk about crosses and beads is real, but they're not showing the right one.

Respectfully...

Cross, check.
Material, check.
Beads, check.
Tree, check.
Blanchard park, check.
About 200 feet from the Econ as LP stated, check.
Orange marking tape that TES would use, check.
Photograph of THE cross according to media sources, check.

I really, truly firmly believe that the cross we're seeing pictures of is the cross in question. And I further believe that it has nothing to do with KC. How could it?

It's "boy" colours
It isn't weathered.
It is made in a childish manner
The leaves twined around are pretty fresh.

Those materials are common as dirt and can be found at literally hundreds of stores.

Why would KC use "boy" colours if she had a large kit?

Why would someone who is obsessed with the appearance of perfection and money make something so childish?

Just some thoughts, I really don't believe this cross can be construed as evidence in any way.

reefshadow
11-12-2008, 04:56 PM
I can't understand why no one is concerned that LP's cross story is so obviously false. :waitasec:

I can't either, Chilly. This board is supposed to be populated with some pretty darn good logicians.

I don't think that this "evidence" was probably planted deliberately (although it and the carving are awfully convenient), but I think it is being construed to be something it obviously isn't, for some reason. Maybe people are desperate to believe it out of the desire for Caylee to be found.

So far the best answer I've gotten to questions about this cross is that maybe this isn't the "one", but see my logic for why it is above.

I personally think that the pings and the fact that B Park came up quite a few times in KC's statements are enough to go on, why muddy the waters with "evidence" of such a shoddy caliber?

Chilly Willy
11-12-2008, 07:55 PM
LP's story changes yet again:

http://www.local6.com/news/17962294/detail.html

Padilla said he will not lead any more searches for Caylee and only expects to be in Orlando for a few more days.

Padilla said he received a tip from a friend of Casey Anthony, leading to the dive search. Padilla said the friend showed him a picture of a cross that she had taken at Blanchard Park and it matched some arts and crafts that were in Anthony's room.

~~~~~~~~~
So now the cross was a tip from Casey's friend and the picture was taken by that friend. What about the story that it was taken by a TES searcher? Tim Miller refuse to back that fairy tale up, maybe? :waitasec: :rolleyes:

Chilly Willy
11-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Same link as above:

"Padilla said that theory would explain a stain on one of Anthony's shirts that Cindy Anthony cleaned before it was turned over to investigators."

Now there was a shirt with a stain? Does LP just make this stuff up as he goes along?

Pondering Mind
11-12-2008, 08:17 PM
:waitasec:CAYLEE IS STILL MISSING:waitasec:

reefshadow
11-12-2008, 09:56 PM
LP's story changes yet again:

http://www.local6.com/news/17962294/detail.html

Padilla said he will not lead any more searches for Caylee and only expects to be in Orlando for a few more days.

Padilla said he received a tip from a friend of Casey Anthony, leading to the dive search. Padilla said the friend showed him a picture of a cross that she had taken at Blanchard Park and it matched some arts and crafts that were in Anthony's room.

~~~~~~~~~
So now the cross was a tip from Casey's friend and the picture was taken by that friend. What about the story that it was taken by a TES searcher? Tim Miller refuse to back that fairy tale up, maybe? :waitasec: :rolleyes:

Wow, just wow. :confused:

JaJo
12-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Do you think they found a cross in the bag?

charo
12-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Here was my thought: I heard LP mention the crosses way back when he first got Casey out of jail- he then mentioned it in between and then again the other night on NG. I heard she called JC Penneys on the same day she left the car at Amscot to see how much money was left on her moms credit card and then proceeded to buy 2 crosses. So is there any pings from her phone when she was at Penneys????? Then when they said they found something in the bag with the body, the first thought that came to my head, was one of the crosses and if this turned out to be true, then my thought was she put the cross inside the bag and didnt dump her until the 27th- OR she went back and placed it in the bag- this is only if it turns out to be a cross and LP said a gold cross on NG.

Devon
12-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Why would Cindy keep this information from LE but give it so willingly to LP? I find it truly amazing how LP keeps coming up with all these stories about what the family said to him, totally contradicting his original claims that they hardly said anything. I believe the only person taking LP's stories to the bank is LP himself.

Agreed! I'm sure his heart is in the right place and he tried his best to help find Caylee, but IMO his stories change almost as fast as KC's! :rolleyes:

passionflower
12-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Here was my thought: I heard LP mention the crosses way back when he first got Casey out of jail- he then mentioned it in between and then again the other night on NG. I heard she called JC Penneys on the same day she left the car at Amscot to see how much money was left on her moms credit card and then proceeded to buy 2 crosses. So is there any pings from her phone when she was at Penneys????? Then when they said they found something in the bag with the body, the first thought that came to my head, was one of the crosses and if this turned out to be true, then my thought was she put the cross inside the bag and didnt dump her until the 27th- OR she went back and placed it in the bag- this is only if it turns out to be a cross and LP said a gold cross on NG.

in my mind also.......said LE found clothes etc also in the sam vacinity of the nude baby.....that is why LE said 'girl' on the first report.......or wear:prayer:ing jewelry???

bookworm474
12-13-2008, 03:48 PM

Yes true , but LP was going for Casey's symbolic behaviors. Will the profilers now show that close to the house fits. That knowledge of the local neighborhood fits. The spot Casey chose was not random. Look how she has been tied to the house. If she is so self centered why put Caylee at a place she would like. They just took too much credit from the pings and not on real behaviors. Pings help, but knowledge and habits are better.

LinasK
12-13-2008, 03:59 PM

I don't think it is, I think LE found a cross inside the garbage bag containing the remains or on the remains.

charo
12-13-2008, 04:11 PM
well then if you are thinking like me, that there was a cross inside the bag, can someone go to the pings or timeline as I cannot load the maps and see when she went to Penneys to purchase these crosses- or another thought- maybe if it is a cross inside the bag, it could be one that she may have had at the house and the ones bought at Penneys she did something else with- can anyone actually verify what color the crosses were she got at penneys? What about the black one she wore around her neck? Was that from Penneys?

charo
12-13-2008, 04:16 PM
I just passed by a thread that said Cindy purchased 2 crosses at penneys? I thought Casey went and purchased the 2 crosses?

charo
12-13-2008, 04:17 PM
I didnt mean a "thread" in my last post. I meant I passed by a post that said Cindy bought the 2 crosses.

Meagain
12-13-2008, 04:35 PM
I've been thinking perhaps they found the cross there. Whatever they found, it was blatant & damning.