PDA

View Full Version : Dateline Wants Your Stories.

Tricia
11-03-2008, 12:04 AM
The great people at Dateline NBC have been friends of Websleuths for a while now.

The producers at Dateline look to Websleuths for story ideas.

Executive Producer Daniel Slepian told me personally he reads every single email so keep them coming!!

His email is: Daniel.Slepian@nbcuni.com

The Dateline request is wide open. Nothing specific. Just interesting true crime.

Post questions here or email Daniel yourself. He is a wonderful and caring person.

#############################

zelmajane
11-24-2008, 11:28 AM
He does read them. I submitted something back in July, he e-mailed me back.

I haven't heard from him since, so I just shot him another e-mail. Worth a chance right?

Tricia
11-24-2008, 09:25 PM
He does read them. I submitted something back in July, he e-mailed me back.

I haven't heard from him since, so I just shot him another e-mail. Worth a chance right?

Absolutely. He emails me every so often to tell me to thank you all for the great emails and to keep them coming.

After Thanksgiving I am going to get him to come on to WS like the producer from TLC did and answer questions. He is a very interesting person and very sincere.

curious_mom
12-18-2008, 10:16 AM
I dunno if Daniel had anything to do with this or not, but I'm going to post it anyway.

I contacted Daniel a couple of months ago about an unsolved case near to my area. He immediately got back to me saying it was an interesting story, and he was going to research it.

Today, it was reported in a newspaper not that far from me, that Fox had just finished filming a story on the case to be broadcast soon: http://www.martinsvillebulletin.com/article.cfm?ID=17052 ) (although it's not a dateline program)

So Daniel, if you had a hand in this, thank you so very much!!! This case was a horrific case that can & should be solved, and to see it get any media attention after all this time gives us hope that it won't be forgotten! The people who are local to this case have never forgotten how horrific this crime was, and we think about this family daily. 6 years into this case, it had appeared that there simply would be no solving of the case, and this families horrific murder would forever haunt those of us who searched endlessly for little Jennifer's body until the searches were called off. This gives us hope & I thank anybody & everybody who had a hand in bringing it back into the limelight!!!

This story won't be broadcast locally to us, but for any of you die hard sleuths that are interested, please try to watch this program when it airs. There are clues out there that could solve this case, but there has to be people who will get involved and help. With the great minds that we have here, it could be one of you who finds that one little clue that is lacking... If you're interested in this case, I try as best I can to keep the info updated at WS. You can read more on it here: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11660&highlight=jennifer+short

Steely Dan
05-27-2009, 07:54 PM
An unsolved missing person case;

Link (http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Wanted_and_Missing/Missing/view.cfm?ID=6296e832-517a-4204-934f-a1234c1d8ea5) to basic information.

Interview with Richard Ingraham (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/167028/missing_pieces_radio_transcript_richard.html?cat=1 7) man helping to solve the case.

The name of the little girl who was abducted is not Kelly Poulton, it's Kayleigh Poulton. Just for clarification.

This would really be cool to solve. If anyone knows anything, help.

Here's something else to look into. Another show looking for stories here rejected it.

Robert Bruce Spahalski (http://secondsightresearch.tripod.com/id53.html)

Robert and Stephen Spahalski, twin brothers raised together in childhood but separated by decades with one isolated in prison, may be excellent study subjects to determine why people develop the tendencies that make them murderers.

Robert Bruce Spahalski, 51, has been accused of murdering four people, three women and one man, over a period of 15 years, the first in 1990. Four charges of 2nd degree murder have been entered against him: for the 1990 killing of Moraine Armstrong in Rochester, NY; the 1991 killing of Adrian Berger in Rochester and the killing of Charles Grande in Webster, NY; and the 2005 killing of Vivian Irizarry, 54, in Rochester.

Arthur Shawcross (http://www.truelifecrimes.com/arthur_shawcross.html)

In most cases, the victims of serial killer Arthur Shawcross were strangled, battered to death and mutilated. Years later Arthur Shawcross claimed that he had cannibalized some of his victims. He told a British reporter that he had sliced out and eaten the vaginas of three victims, and also that he had eaten the genitals of Jake Blake. A good deal of doubt has been cast on these claims though with a lot of criminologists feeling he was just trying to impress the reporter.

Arthur Shawcross was caught in 1990 when police intentionally left the body of this final victim where they found it with the idea that a criminal will always return the scene of the crime. The police were right and serial killer Arthur Shawcross we caught when he was spotted masturbating in his car that was parked on a bridge over the creek where his victim's body was floating. He was arrested and eventually confessed.

What's really interesting is that Spahalski's first murder was in 1990 and Shawcross' last murder was in 1990. I don't know if there is any overlap or if they occurred a few months apart. Still a fascinating tale for either one.

I'm a little wary of sending these because it will make Rochester look like the murder capital of the world and it's not.

The murder capital of the world is Cabot Cove, Maine.

I hope you choose both of these. The Spahalski story is something I'd like to see in depth and you can't do better than helping look for a missing pregnant woman.

Tulessa
10-09-2009, 04:34 PM
The great people at Dateline NBC have been friends of Websleuths for a while now.

Daniel Slepian told me personally he reads every single email so keep them coming!!

Don't be shy. One of our members told Dateline about the Barbara Winn case and it was featured on Dateline May Friday May 23rd. Read about the case here; http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=Barbara+Winn

The Dateline request is wide open. Nothing specific. Just interesting true crime.

Post questions here or email Daniel yourself. He is a wonderful and caring person.

I wonder if they would be interested in my brother's story? Below is an article . Alan is my Brother & Lisa is his wife.

PRESTONSBURG — The mournful cries of traumatized children silenced the courtroom Wednesday afternoon, when Det. Ben Cramer, of the Kentucky State Police, played a 911 tape that brought sharp focus to the reality of the scene that took place in the home of Alan and Lisa Tackett, of Abbott, on the evening of March 20, at approximately 6:30 p.m.

It was on that evening that Alan Tackett, 47, and his wife, Lisa, 30, were gunned down sniper-style in their own front yard by bullets allegedly fired by Berry Hall, 45, the uncle of Lisa Tackett, from a second-story window of his home.

According to testimony provided Wednesday by Det. Cramer, Lisa Tackett's dead body, struck once through the chest, was found lying in the front yard of her home, while her husband's body lay half-in, half-out across the threshold of the home's front door. Alan Tackett, according to Cramer, had been struck twice — once in the hand, and again on the right side of his head.

Four children under the age of 5 years old were inside the home at the time of the shootings.

Though Hall, according to Det. Cramer, "made three separate confessions" to the crime, his court-appointed attorney Steven Goble, of Pikeville, entered a plea of not guilty before District Judge James R. Allen on Wednesday afternoon.

"I lost it and I killed them," Det. Cramer said Hall told him on the evening of March 20. Cramer also said that Hall told him that he had been arguing with his niece and her husband earlier that day about "some ongoing issues" involving property lines and a dog owned by the couple that had wandered onto Hall's property. Hall, according to Det. Cramer, had said that "he just had all he could stand and he shot and killed them."

Cramer said that during the course of questioning, he queried Hall in regard to the possible danger that existed for the children in the home. "He repeatedly said that he was in control of himself enough that he knew he would not harm any of the children," Cramer said.

Following the shootings, Hall allegedly entered the home of the slain couple and retrieved the four children, who he then took to his own home, allegedly stepping over the dead bodies of the children's parents in order to do so.

Along with the alleged confessions, examination of the crime scene, and a taped 911 recording of Hall's son alleging that it was his father who had fired the shots that killed Alan and Lisa Tackett, evidence was compelling that it was, indeed, Berry Hall who committed the double murder.

Though Hall's attorney conducted a cross-examination of Det. Cramer's testimony, Hall himself remained quiet, appearing calm throughout the proceeding.

Judge Allen declared that Hall would remain held without bond in the Floyd County Detention Center. Allen also declared that charges against Hall of two counts of murder and four counts of wanton endangerment will be referred to the grand jury.

Tricia
10-11-2009, 05:17 AM
Oh My Dear God Tulessa I am so sorry.

How are the children doing? Are they living with you?

So this guy was a neighbor who "just lost it?" What in the hell is wrong with people.

YES. Send in your story to all the producers. Why not? The only thing that could happen is they will say yes or no.

Start by sending it to Danial at Dateline.
Daniel.Slepian@nbcuni.com

Keep us informed and I looki forward to you posting more.
Tricia

believe09
10-11-2009, 09:11 AM
I wonder if they would be interested in my brother's story? Below is an article . Alan is my Brother & Lisa is his wife.

PRESTONSBURG — The mournful cries of traumatized children silenced the courtroom Wednesday afternoon, when Det. Ben Cramer, of the Kentucky State Police, played a 911 tape that brought sharp focus to the reality of the scene that took place in the home of Alan and Lisa Tackett, of Abbott, on the evening of March 20, at approximately 6:30 p.m.

It was on that evening that Alan Tackett, 47, and his wife, Lisa, 30, were gunned down sniper-style in their own front yard by bullets allegedly fired by Berry Hall, 45, the uncle of Lisa Tackett, from a second-story window of his home.

According to testimony provided Wednesday by Det. Cramer, Lisa Tackett's dead body, struck once through the chest, was found lying in the front yard of her home, while her husband's body lay half-in, half-out across the threshold of the home's front door. Alan Tackett, according to Cramer, had been struck twice — once in the hand, and again on the right side of his head.

Four children under the age of 5 years old were inside the home at the time of the shootings.

Though Hall, according to Det. Cramer, "made three separate confessions" to the crime, his court-appointed attorney Steven Goble, of Pikeville, entered a plea of not guilty before District Judge James R. Allen on Wednesday afternoon.

"I lost it and I killed them," Det. Cramer said Hall told him on the evening of March 20. Cramer also said that Hall told him that he had been arguing with his niece and her husband earlier that day about "some ongoing issues" involving property lines and a dog owned by the couple that had wandered onto Hall's property. Hall, according to Det. Cramer, had said that "he just had all he could stand and he shot and killed them."

Cramer said that during the course of questioning, he queried Hall in regard to the possible danger that existed for the children in the home. "He repeatedly said that he was in control of himself enough that he knew he would not harm any of the children," Cramer said.

Following the shootings, Hall allegedly entered the home of the slain couple and retrieved the four children, who he then took to his own home, allegedly stepping over the dead bodies of the children's parents in order to do so.

Along with the alleged confessions, examination of the crime scene, and a taped 911 recording of Hall's son alleging that it was his father who had fired the shots that killed Alan and Lisa Tackett, evidence was compelling that it was, indeed, Berry Hall who committed the double murder.

Though Hall's attorney conducted a cross-examination of Det. Cramer's testimony, Hall himself remained quiet, appearing calm throughout the proceeding.

Judge Allen declared that Hall would remain held without bond in the Floyd County Detention Center. Allen also declared that charges against Hall of two counts of murder and four counts of wanton endangerment will be referred to the grand jury.

I think it speaks to a number of issues that would have broad appeal and I would be happy to help you write to Mr. Slepian if you need any assistance.

I am so incredibly sorry that you sister in law's uncle chose this kind of violence as a means to resolve what was undoubtedly a petty dispute. I hope the children are well loved and well supported and I hope you and yours are doing OK while trying to live with this tragedy.

Tulessa
10-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Oh My Dear God Tulessa I am so sorry.

How are the children doing? Are they living with you?

So this guy was a neighbor who "just lost it?" What in the hell is wrong with people.

YES. Send in your story to all the producers. Why not? The only thing that could happen is they will say yes or no.

Start by sending it to Danial at Dateline.
Daniel.Slepian@nbcuni.com

Keep us informed and I looki forward to you posting more.
Tricia

This guy was My brother's wife's uncle. :( Thank you for asking. The children were ALL adopted by their grandfather & his wife & are doing well. The 2 oldest are still in counselling.:(

Tulessa
10-12-2009, 11:48 AM
I think it speaks to a number of issues that would have broad appeal and I would be happy to help you write to Mr. Slepian if you need any assistance.

I am so incredibly sorry that you sister in law's uncle chose this kind of violence as a means to resolve what was undoubtedly a petty dispute. I hope the children are well loved and well supported and I hope you and yours are doing OK while trying to live with this tragedy.

believe09, thank you and I would be very grateful. My mom has never recovered from the shock and she could go any day.

believe09
10-12-2009, 09:35 PM
believe09, thank you and I would be very grateful. My mom has never recovered from the shock and she could go any day.

I am going to PM you my email address-send me any impact statements you want to make and I will do a draft so you can see what you think...

RiverRat
11-07-2009, 08:36 PM

Daniel Slepian told me personally he reads every single email so keep them coming!!

Don't be shy. One of our members told Dateline about the Barbara Winn case and it was featured on Dateline May Friday May 23rd. Read about the case here; http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=Barbara+Winn

Pilar Rodriguez.......with the many of the case players spread out God Only Knows where across our Nation...we NEED her case displayed now that's turned from cold to HOT!

Tricia
11-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Pilar Rodriguez.......with the many of the case players spread out God Only Knows where across our Nation...we NEED her case displayed now that's turned from cold to HOT!

Hi Ms. Rat,

You contact Mr. Slepian first with Pilar's story. I'll follow up after.

Let's have a chat with the Rat shall we?

Pick up the phone and give me a call:)

RiverRat
11-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi Ms. Rat,

You contact Mr. Slepian first with Pilar's story. I'll follow up after.

Let's have a chat with the Rat shall we?

Pick up the phone and give me a call:)

I would IF I did not have to go in for surgery in the morning, Tricia - that's why I tossed the ball to you...:trout:

:bee: :help:
RR

Steely Dan
11-08-2009, 11:42 AM
It's time to bring back "To Catch a Predator". I know a lot of people who really liked watching LE take those scumballs off the streets. :thumb:

Tricia
11-08-2009, 07:32 PM
I would IF I did not have to go in for surgery in the morning, Tricia - that's why I tossed the ball to you...:trout:

:bee: :help:
RR

YIKES. Sorry. Consider it done my dear.

RiverRat
11-09-2009, 08:44 AM
YIKES. Sorry. Consider it done my dear.

I AM Sorry...got a little distracted last week, time slipped away and I didn't update...please check at our other Home, I think I remember updating there...now - it' Go Time...maybe you will be one of the lucky ones since I plan on having some fun with this and do some Drunk Dialing while I am under the influence of the (Michael) Jackson Juice! LOL - almost wish I wasn't me just so I could get one of those calls - and YES - everything is OFF the Record then and only then :crazy:.

steph123
12-11-2009, 11:29 PM
I just sent Daniel an email about a murder that happened to a friend of mines nephew in Dallas back in 1992-1993 that to my knowledge has never been solved. The person murdered was a 21 year old good kid that played with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra and some friends of his that were having a dinner party at a home of one of them. A really horrible murder, everyone was tied up with hands behind thier backs and one side of thier throats slit and then the house was caught on fire.

So I will let everyone know if he contacts me back.

DMGAFFNEY
05-29-2010, 10:37 PM
would anyone help me? my daughter is been taken by her non-custodial father, a crack user who has many enemies he had them convicted for GTA after he sold his car for drug money, then reported it stolen. he has been shot at.............
my daughter has been sexually abused and of course, PAS/////th politics here is corrupt, no deputy nor police officer will help! she has been trying to contact me an I have not heard her voice in over a year!
i dont know how she is..............i am a custodial parent and she as taken from me, and NOONE WILL HELP!
they heAR CUSTODY AND TURN A BLIND EYE!!!!!!!!!!! SHE NEEDS HELP!

websurfer
07-08-2010, 02:57 PM
His name is:
Edwin "mike" Bernard Kaprat III
he is dubbed
"THE GRANNY KILLER"
from FLORIDA.

but he also killed and robbed a young man along the
Courtney Campbell Parkway and hid hid body in
Mangrove Thickets there.
I could not find his picture, nor could I find much about this man.
Please do a story about him.
I read that two fellow DR inamtes stabbed him to death in the rec yard also...
justice prevails....:dance:

6angels
07-12-2010, 01:54 AM
I think they should do a story on breaking the cycle of abuse in bio families. I'd totally do the show for them.
Most people don't understand what is involved in breaking the cycle and how it effects the family member that does break the cycle.
I think it would be a great show and help many families take the step to break the cycle.

BTW I Did e-mail him reguarding this. I would love love to get the word out! I think a lot of people don't break the cycle out of fear and that is a shame.

wanttohelp
07-18-2010, 11:24 PM
There is a very interesting case in Texas right now. An over view of the story is there is a woman who has been married 4 times. Husband 1 short period, husband 2 about 16 yrs, Husband 3 months, husband 4 months.
She had 2 children with husband 2, a 18 yr old girl and 12 yr old boy. Everything took place in Dalton Ga until recently. She left husband number 2 for number 3 who was about 20 yrs older and most say for money. He dies months after they are married, and its ruled accidental gunshot. Most say it was murder but there are many supects if true. He was greedy, a womanizer, and was fighting with family.
The woman then picks up and moves to Texas with hubby number 4 who is 10 yrs younger. She takes the son with her and though she has joint custody does not inform the father. Months later she is mudered in an aparent home invasion. She, her daughter, and hubby are bound and beat with a bat? But she is the only to die. Were they wrapped up in gangs? Meth? Was someone seeking revenge?
Wel we know she hand wrote a will either the day or 5 days before her murder. In the will she leaves her son to a family in Texas. Now the father has been turned away by texas, not able to even see his son which he had custody of. Are the cops also involved in a coverup? Lots of twist and turns in this case. What really happened and what is really going on now???

This is a link to a site that has all the players posting, views from all sides, lost of info and you will be left confused and wanting answers I guarantee!
Lisa Witt Ulloa case LINK (http://nosufferingfools.lefora.com/2009/12/22/investigators-woman-beaten-to-death-in-front-of-he/)

Major
08-09-2010, 12:33 AM
A beautiful young girl abducted and murdered in fairly small town Wenatchee Wa. A family full of secrets, an election year for law enforcement leaders.
FBI, a few jurisdictions thrown in and wallah a made for T.V. who done it.
Random, planned? Depends who you listen too. Why was it not headline news until her car was found? The sheriff's of Douglas and Chelan county throw barbs at one another, speculation abounds, the FBI has pulled all but a couple of officer's from the case....and yet. A 17 yr. old is brutally murdered and a family and community not receiving any information. One sheriff say's it was not random then recants and says he was misquoted. Another say's we are waiting on lab results. Really?? Six months and we are waiting for lab results?
This has stink all over it and yet not a defining scent.

Steely Dan
08-19-2010, 11:46 AM
In the light of what has happened to Tim Miller for his role in the Caylee Anthony case it would be very cool to see a piece about him and the tragedy that inspired him to do his important work for families of missing children and there outcomes. It would also be nice to include a good bit of time to his work on the Caylee Anthony case and how they have screwed him over from step one and how JB is requesting the names of people involved in the search and how that could negatively affect the recruiting in the future. It should be easy to include Cindy's Freudian Slip into the mix as well as Tim's story about GA asking KC to put an a X on the map for Tim to search for.

I think it would be a very good thing. It would help clear up any myths about Tim. Also, I'd be willing to be CA may be willing to go on camera about TM. JMO

I think this is too important to pass over.

Steely Dan
08-19-2010, 12:31 PM
To give you some idea of how popular this subject is here check out this thread about his recent interview that has not been made too public. I think it's only aired on the internet. I suggest reading the whole thread. It would give a good background on what I'm talking about.

2010.08.16 Tim Miller Interview - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The thread was started on 08/17/10 and currently has 8,700 views and 306 replies. All of that happening within 51 hours of the thread starting. It's a hot topic with those who know of it and it will be a hot topic if it goes national and more find out, JMO

It should also help to refill the coffers of TES with donations. :thumb:

badhorsie
08-19-2010, 01:48 PM
In the light of what has happened to Tim Miller for his role in the Caylee Anthony case it would be very cool to see a piece about him and the tragedy that inspired him to do his important work for families of missing children and there outcomes. It would also be nice to include a good bit of time to his work on the Caylee Anthony case and how they have screwed him over from step one and how JB is requesting the names of people involved in the search and how that could negatively affect the recruiting in the future. It should be easy to include Cindy's Freudian Slip into the mix as well as Tim's story about GA asking KC to put an a X on the map for Tim to search for.

I think it would be a very good thing. It would help clear up any myths about Tim. Also, I'd be willing to be CA may be willing to go on camera about TM. JMO

I, too, would love for this to happen. He is a good man and his work should be held up as an example

tezi
08-19-2010, 02:08 PM

I think this is the most excellent idea. Tim Miller is a true hero, and the misconceptions about him need to be cleared up. Also, more attention needs to be brought to the kind of work he does.

ValleyGirl
08-19-2010, 02:18 PM

I completely agree here. It would be excellent timing to bring attention to all the good work TimMiller does and clear up some terrible misconceptions and well, flat out lies, that occurred during the Caylee investigation.

There is a lot of history to Tim Miller's story that many people are not aware of. This would definitely help give an understanding of him and his work.

ynotdivein
08-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Dateline producers: Tim Miller and his Equu Search staff and volunteers are tireless workers in an overlooked/thankless field. The Anthony case has only served to underscore Tim's and TES's inherent integrity. Please consider doing a piece that highlights Tim Miller, his staff and the TES volunteers, as concerned citizens who neither desire nor deserve being dragged into the spotlight as they have been in the Anthony case--and Tim as an advocate for Caylee in ways that her own blood relatives refused and continue to refuse.

Leila
08-19-2010, 03:33 PM

I think a Dateline program on Tim Miller is an excellent idea!!!

I'd like to see the background story of Tim's tragic loss of his daughter, Laura, as an opener to the program and how that led to the beginning Texas EquuSearch.

Then perhaps doing a chronological time line of how the organization has grown and some of the major searches he's done, including the 2005 search for Natalee Holloway in Aruba; the 2007 and 2008 searches for Stacy Peterson, the 2008 searches for Caylee Anthony, and the 2009 search for Haleigh Cummings. These are the cases than have become nationally known and viewers would remember.

I think the story of Tim Miller should include his successes and his failures, and his determination to find missing loved ones, using local people to augment his search team.

Hopefully this would generate donations for EquuSearch as well as let viewers know that help is available if ever needed.

Great idea and I hope Dateline will do this program!

drip~drop
08-19-2010, 04:42 PM

That is such an excellent idea!:dance:

It could clear up so many things/questions and make people understand how duped this poor loving man was. And of course, what a great organization he runs!
imo

nomoresorrow
08-19-2010, 07:07 PM
To give you some idea of how popular this subject is here check out this thread about his recent interview that has not been made too public. I think it's only aired on the internet. I suggest reading the whole thread. It would give a good background on what I'm talking about.

2010.08.16 Tim Miller Interview - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111989)

The thread was started on 08/17/10 and currently has 8,700 views and 306 replies. All of that happening within 51 hours of the thread starting. It's a hot topic with those who know of it and it will be a hot topic if it goes national and more find out, JMO

It should also help to refill the coffers of TES with donations. :thumb:

I think this is a totally awesome idea!!! Tim Miller is a REAL-LIFE hero and there is nothing more inspiring than the story of someone who has experienced an unimaginable tragedy and loss, yet turned it into something incredibly positive by helping others. That is what makes Tim's story so powerful - the fact that somehow this man continues to find the strength, dispite his own pain, to resubject himself to the same nightmare he's lived himself. There have been some who have felt the need to point out Tim's imperfections. None of us are perfect - not even those among us who do really greats things. I just thank god that they do what they do!

Gozgals
08-20-2010, 02:52 AM

I agree 100%. This is an excellent idea. Tim is a hero to many of us. Any controversy surrounding him should be cleared up immediately. More focus should be put on his organization and all the wonderful work he does.
I would even like a show to discuss the tragic loss of Tim's daughter and the beginning of his organization. Tim is a true example to all of us. Dateline needs to do a show on him now.

Goz

Steely Dan
08-20-2010, 05:10 AM
Thanks for all of the support for the idea that came from Wendi's excellent thread. Because I feel more people would see this idea in it's own thread I've started a thread exclusively for this topic.

DATELINE: Please do a story on Tim Miller. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm hoping this will increase the traffic to the idea and give more support to the idea. You may want to go to that thread and vote on the poll and re-post some of the things you've said here to there. A lot of people may not be as aware of TM and TES and your posts are all excellent sources of information that would help them make an informed decision when they vote.

Kodiak
08-21-2010, 03:19 PM
This would make a great Dateline NBC story:

"The Case of Mary Anderson"

On October 9, 1996, a well-groomed lady was dropped off by a cab at Hotel Vintage Park in downtown Seattle. With her luggage, she checked in at the front desk. The hotel staff remembered she was friendly, pleasant, and detected nothing out of the ordinary with her. The lady spoke perfect English, no accents, nothing that stood out.

The lady signed her check-in registration as, “Mary Anderson,” and took her bags up to room 214, a room she reserved by telephone one hour prior to her arrival. Once Mary reached her room, she put the hotel do-not-disturb door sign on the door knob, closed the door, and went inside -- Mary Anderson then made a decision, an inevitable decision that changed her life.

Two days later, when Mary was supposed to check out of her room, the hotel staff wondered if Mary had overslept. The staff when to room 214, and after a series of unanswered knocks on the door, they made their way into the room. They found Mary with her hair nicely combed; her makeup and lipstick applied to her face; sleeping on her bed; her Bible laid across her chest to the Twenty-Third Psalm. On the nightstand nearby, the hotel stationery had a message scribbled across one of its pages. Mary stated that she made the decision to end her life, and that no one had caused her death.

Also on the note, Mary gave a New York City home address and phone number. The hotel staff called the Seattle Police and Mary was pronounced dead. Policed learned that Mary had taken her own life by drinking cyanide with Metamucil. The investigators determined that the address and phone number were non-existent, and from a forensic, handwriting analysis of her signature on the check-in registration, there were hesitation marks when she wrote her name. Mary Anderson was not Mary Anderson at all. The info she gave was a complete alias.

Mary Anderson was now Jane Doe from room 214. Her case received local coverage in the Seattle area at the time, but no one came forward to claim her, or at least to say they knew her, or knew who she was. It was as if this Mary Anderson erased the last moments of her life by discarding her I.D., credit cards, prescription bottle labels, and even her luggage tags -- so that no one would ever find out her true identity.

It has been fourteen years since this Jane Doe’s death, and no clues have surfaced all these years on the real identity of “Mary Anderson.” As Websleuthers, we ponder the same questions over and over ... who was Mary Anderson, really? Where did she come from? Why did she make the decision to take her own life? And in a room of a nice hotel? Did she really have no family members at all? Or was Mary Anderson’s death the result of foul play?

Someone out there knows the real identity of Mary Anderson. Someone out there is missing a loved one, someone who may not know that she is deceased, and we hope that this case has the potential for a television story.

Doe Network Case Profile:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/159ufwa.html

The cipher in room 214
Who was Mary Anderson and why did she die?
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/243480_maryanderson06.html

WA-King County Jane Doe - found Oct. 1996
WA WA-King County Jane Doe - found Oct. 1996 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:+:MrTT:+:
09-27-2010, 07:28 PM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/misc/navbits_finallink_ltr.gif (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34918&page=6) Angie Housman Unsolved Murder Nov. 18, 1993

Eileen730
10-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Here is a case from my home town of North Port Florida!

This case is responsible for the way 911 calls are being handled 911 let these women down and thhey lost their lives.

Read this verry sad story of Denise Amber Lee! Married Mom of 2 kidnapped from her home in the middle of the day, husband came home and found babies in their crib alone.. Denise called 911 from her kidnappers cell her neighbor called 911 and gave description of car and a woman on her way home from work saw amber in the car called 911 and followed the car herself no one came for denise this scumm raped her and shot her in the head and dumped her in a shallow grave...

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-tampa-bay/denise-amber-lee-also-called-911

Another 911 case here same thing...

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=103302&catid=8

vokoya
11-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Here are thirteen news links about the Denise Amber Lee case from August 2009 to May 2010. This was a ground breaking case indeed.

http://bit.ly/9K7jfC

donnau
11-28-2010, 08:39 PM
"It was a MURDER on September 4, 2008 and it's STILL a MURDER Today."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115665

Update on Daniel Underwood's:
CRIME WIRE website:

ALERT!
NEW STATEMENT ANALYSIS BY PETER HYATT POSTED UNDER DANIEL UNDERWOOD

[URL="Update on Daniel's: CRIME WIRE website: ALERT! NEW STATEMENT ANALYSIS BY PETER HYATT POSTED UNDER DANIEL UNDERWOOD

http://www.crimewiresite.com/danielunderwood.htm

http://www.crimewiresite.com

Daniel's FaceBook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=111596418855060&v=info

Daniel's MySpace Page:
http://www.myspace.com/stillhardtohandle

iluvmua
01-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Here is a case from my home town of North Port Florida!

This case is responsible for the way 911 calls are being handled 911 let these women down and thhey lost their lives.

Read this verry sad story of Denise Amber Lee! Married Mom of 2 kidnapped from her home in the middle of the day, husband came home and found babies in their crib alone.. Denise called 911 from her kidnappers cell her neighbor called 911 and gave description of car and a woman on her way home from work saw amber in the car called 911 and followed the car herself no one came for denise this scumm raped her and shot her in the head and dumped her in a shallow grave...

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-tampa-bay/denise-amber-lee-also-called-911

Another 911 case here same thing...

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=103302&catid=8

Dateline has already done a story about the Denise Lee case. i remember watching it when it was broadcast.

iluvmua
01-03-2011, 04:07 PM
I would LOVE for them to do a show about the horrible murder of Channon Christian & Chris Newsom.

almost 4 years later and I'm shocked that Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hours Mystery has not done a piece on this yet.

future criminologist
01-09-2011, 04:36 PM
I second Steely Dan's idea for the piece on Tim Miller - his daughter's murder has been a huge motivating factor and makes his story all the more compelling. Perhaps it could even generate interest in her case and they could get some leads out of it.

Mick
04-16-2011, 12:29 PM
I thought we did a good job of finding Chelsea King.....maybe they could use that story....I'm game....

dianaruth
04-25-2011, 06:42 PM
My brother David Wayne Waggoner has been missing for almost 40 years. He had only been out of the Marines for approx. 1 yr., when he disappeared from Pasadena, TX. A story about my brother is on the website Texas Crime News. Two things happen during the time that he disappeared, the mass murders in Pasadena and also Sheriff Humpy Parker in Cold Springs in the early 70's. I just know that something happen to him, I was recently contacted by Barbara Gibson a free lance writer in Houston, and she did a story about my brother and there was also a link on the Texas Monthly website. Please, please consider doing a story about him. I have prayed everyday for the last almost 40 years asking God to please help me find out what happen to him. He was a good person and I will never give up trying to find out what happen.

ChaCha
04-26-2011, 06:59 PM
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/OSGDVeqvJ_Juc3qtyuf6xFcQga2M8ThKqDI3jfwYtZA?feat=d irectlinkhttps://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/OSGDVeqvJ_Juc3qtyuf6xFcQga2M8ThKqDI3jfwYtZA?feat=d irectlink
Please visit http://www.nikkiladuejanuary.com

exposethetruth
08-17-2011, 12:15 AM

contact me about 'THECELEBRATION MURDER'the true story..
MR MURILLO IS going public with his story
this is not a joke..

dndacct
08-31-2011, 04:07 PM
I have spent almost two years now on my father's case. He is 81 years old with Alzheimer's and has had his life savings of $2.25 million stolen by a lady who turned out to be a convicted murderer among other things. So far we not recovered enough to even come close to paying the legal fees involved.

The story stretches from Coupeville WA to Prairieville LA, Elaine AR and Merigold MS. Shea Saenger, formerly of Coupeville WA, is the murderer and thief and she sent most of the money to her relatives in MS AR and LA. Saenger is currently in the Federal Detention Center at Seatac WA awaiting sentencing on one count of mail fraud. On August 30 the local authorities in Ellensburg WA told us their investigation was closed and they would not file any charges.

Saenger's niece Shannon Wiggins in Hazen AR is on probation for theft and forgery for embezzling $51,000 from a the Quapaw Quarter United Methodist Church in Little Rock. She paid restitution with my father's money and avoided jail time. She now works for the police department in Hazen. The pastor of the church at the time was Betsy Singleton-Snyder, wife of AR congressman Vic Snyder.

Saenger's nephew Chris Haycraft was a Corrections Officer in Mississippi but was fired after he beat a man badly enough to put him in the hospital for two days.

Saenger's sister Linda 'Bo' Parker in Louisiana spent last Monday in jail for some misdemeanor charges (disturbing the peace, lewd and lascivious conduct, etc) and we are told she was embezzling from her employer too.

At the moment there are civil suits in Kittitas County WA, Prairie County AR, Phillips County AR, Sunflower County MS and Ascension Parish LA; a criminal mail fraud case and a civil restitution case in Federal court.

The Saenger relatives who I am suing in Arkansas and Mississippi have all filed counter suits against me so besides having to pursue 5 suits as plaintiff I also have to defend myself against three counter claims.

Much of the information is published on http://www.butlervsaenger.com

We have had some good local press but this story goes clear across the country and deserves some national attention.

Here are links to few of the stories so far:

http://www.arktimes.com/gyrobase/murder-fraud-22-million-somewhere/Content?oid=1878052&showFullText=true

http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/duped-again/Content?oid=1878064

http://www.komonews.com/news/consumer/125596963.html

http://whidbeyexaminer.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=4977&SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1

dndacct
09-02-2011, 07:43 AM
I really appreciate people who make an effort to help. I am 2500 miles away from most of the people who have my father's money. Without help from people who are there we would not be making progress in our case(s). Tonight I received a clipping from someone in Louisiana about the arrest of Linda 'Bo' Parker (Shea Saenger's sister). Parker spent Monday night in jail for Obscenity, Disturbing the Peace, Offensive Language and Noise violations. It took $2,732.50 bail to get her out. That does not help us directly but it may help convince the local Sheriff to file a theft by receiving charge sometime in the future.

Butler v Saenger (http://www.butlervsaenger.com)

dndacct
11-13-2011, 08:48 PM
I have not been able to get a program like Dateline or 20/20 interested but we do have some good coverage from local ABC affiliates

KATV Little Rock 11.11.11 (http://www.katv.com/story/16021259/more-shea-saenger)

WBRZ Baton Rouge 11.10.11 (http://www.wbrz.com/news/lawsuit-links-prairieville-couple-to-mail-fraud-scheme-in-washington-state/)

KATV Little Rock 11.08.11 (http://www.katv.com/story/15993508/from-washingtonwith-love)

KOMO Seattle 07.14.11 (http://www.komonews.com/news/consumer/125596963.html)

ABCNews.com 01.06.11 (http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Alzheimers/woman-allegedly-bilks-man-alzheimers-millions/story?id=12548007)

Butler v Saenger (http://www.butlervsaenger.com/)

OldSteve
11-15-2011, 05:47 PM
The recently featured case here at WS of Mary Rachel "Shellie" Carson, 18, Murdered in Virginia Beach, Va, 2005 would be perfect for one of the crime shows to do.

Check out the thread:
Mary Rachel "Shellie" Carson, 18, Murdered in Virginia Beach, Va, 2005 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Websleuth HRCODEPINK has done a remarkable job gathering info about this
unsolved crime, sadly the case has really gone cold. The attention a TV show would give to it might get this case solved!

traceylynn13
01-17-2012, 11:33 PM
I am a recent one year widow. Actually a 42 year old widow with nothing to hide. My husband was murdererd one year ago in South CArolina where we were supposed to show up for a fun filled family weekend . Although some of My story, may sound untrue and sensational it is one of the most twisted, and complicated cases because the only witnesses alive, have lied and ruined the case. If there is anyone interested in helping me solve the slaughtering crime of mybhusbad, please letbme know what I can contribute within the ruledps of the forum. My husband a Navy Pilot for 15 years might be able to help persuade someone to help him, as he fought for our country with his life. Thx and any help is appreciated.

SK_Hunter
01-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Previously unknown Serial Killer unearthed in Rochester

http://www.scrippsnews.com/content/amateur-sleuth-finds-serial-murders-old-case-files

ROCHESTER, N.Y. - A computer analyst turned amateur detective used old FBI crime files to identify a cluster of unsolved murders of young women in upstate New York that police agree was the work of a little-known serial killer active in the early 1990s.

Kevin Fallon, 37, an information technology analyst from Buffalo, N.Y., has proven it's possible to spot serial murders by carefully studying FBI records of America's 190,000 unsolved homicides committed since 1980. About a third of all homicides go unsolved each year in the United States.

Fallon, who has taken graduate classes in computer forensics, used the federal crime database -- called the Supplementary Homicide Report -- that Scripps Howard News Service posted online more than a year ago in an ongoing national reporting project examining unsolved murders. Fallon contacted wire service reporters about his discovery.

"I was just playing around," Fallon said. "I was searching for unsolved murders involving knives, strangulations and cases in which the cause of death was undetermined."

Fallon found an unusual bulge of unsolved strangulations in the Rochester area.

"If that wasn't a pattern, well, then I don't know what a pattern looks like," he said. "It was just so obvious."

New York authorities, asked about Fallon's discovery, are talking for the first time about the extraordinary efforts they made to solve a string of killings of women in the Rochester area that occurred in the shadow of the much-heralded arrest of "Genesee River Killer" Arthur Shawcross. He died in prison in 2008 after confessing to 11 murders.....Continue reading the rest at the link above

McSpy
01-19-2012, 06:38 PM
The recently featured case here at WS of Mary Rachel "Shellie" Carson, 18, Murdered in Virginia Beach, Va, 2005 would be perfect for one of the crime shows to do.

Check out the thread:
Mary Rachel "Shellie" Carson, 18, Murdered in Virginia Beach, Va, 2005 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84772)

Websleuth HRCODEPINK has done a remarkable job gathering info about this
unsolved crime, sadly the case has really gone cold. The attention a TV show would give to it might get this case solved!

I agree! This case has so many suspects! I'd like to see an indepth story on this!

http://justiceforshellie.com/aboutshellie.php

passionflower
01-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Did dateline ever do a investigative story on the Hailey Dunn disappearance in TX?
If Dateline needs stories, they should just look at every case on WebSleuths.
There are hundreds of mysteries here!

forjoe
02-19-2012, 03:44 PM
DATELINE: PLEASE DO A SHOW ON

JOE HELT, AGE 17, MISSING FOR 25 YEARS (1/16/1987)

I have been writing to Dateline asking them to consider the case of Joe Helt, who has been missing since 1/16/1987. Joe was my classmate in HS when he disappeared. He was just 17 years old.

Joe left a party that night with three individuals, all of whom made it home safely that night, but Joe was never seen again. One of the three later admitted that the story of their "car getting stuck" was a complete fabrication. Someone keeps ripping down Joe's missing posters for more than a year now all over town! People have come forward with damning information against the three, but they've all changed their stories after investigators question them...even after they tell their story to the PI working with Joe's family!

Joe's info was NEVER added to the NCMEC or the NYS Police list of Missing Persons for 23 YEARS! This is just one of many mis-steps in his case.

So PLEASE "Dateline" do a story on JOE HELT!

ElaineBuff
06-10-2012, 11:34 AM
This police officer was found dead on the infamous and wealthy Bald Head Island resort just off the coast from Southport, NC. She was shot at point blank range in the back of her head, one shot at a 35 degree angle up and slightly to the left . Her own gun was used. The DA ruled her death a suicide. However, she was a very small woman and was physically unable to pull the trigger herself. Further, the crime scene was washed away, against the wishes of the police chief, within hours of her death. Some people believe the decision was to placate wealthy home owners who feared the devaluing of their property. However, Davina had discovered a drug business involving some powerful people in NC. Not only was she murdered on her watch, her death was covered up by local and state officials, including police and SBI. The new DA has reopened the case, but is proceeding sooooooo slowly. We really do need help. The family is dissolving under the constant frustration and depression. I am her sister and wrote a book about her "Out with Three." The first people to buy the book when it came out were detectives and law enforcement officers. They wanted to see whose names were and were not in the book. Conscience?

staticgirl50
06-21-2012, 09:39 PM
The Amanda Plasse Murder In Chicopee MA NEEDS publicity.

SouthernSummer
06-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Thanks for all of the support for the idea that came from Wendi's excellent thread. Because I feel more people would see this idea in it's own thread I've started a thread exclusively for this topic.

DATELINE: Please do a story on Tim Miller. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112269)

I'm hoping this will increase the traffic to the idea and give more support to the idea. You may want to go to that thread and vote on the poll and re-post some of the things you've said here to there. A lot of people may not be as aware of TM and TES and your posts are all excellent sources of information that would help them make an informed decision when they vote.

Maybe someone could start a Facebook page and campaign for this to happen ?
It got Betty White on SNL. just sayin

donnau
06-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Daniel Ray Underwood
www.justicefordanielrayunderwood.com
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115665&highlight=daniel+ray+underwood

Aquaman
08-24-2012, 10:54 PM
About 20 tears ago my wife's friend was sentenced for killing a six year-old girl. Looking back the case is very similiar to a rush to judgement/false confession stories I often see on these shows. It was a tragic story. The girl that was killed was extremely neglected. Her parents were young and just wanted to party.

Sammiejo
09-29-2012, 01:33 AM
Keddie Cabin Murders Unsolved New Film The Strangers based on it - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.keddiemurdersfilm.com/

The Keddie Murders in California, still unsolved but there is a lot of evidence available, even a suspect's confession...which went ignored by LE, this case is making a lot of head way at this point, the main problem is putting pressure on LE to activly investigate this 31 year old case..it's a very interesting case which also has a 2 part documentary out to help boost awareness.

Steely Dan
01-13-2013, 01:35 PM
This definitely needs to get national attention; http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/01/local-leaks-steubenville-files/60720/

Here's a quote from LocalLeaks Lawyer;... Leiderman, the LocalLeaks lawyer, while concerned, was also confident: "If they're going to sue 'em for defamation, good luck with it," he said....

http://localleaks.blogs.ru/2013/01/01/steubenvillefiles/

This is so disgusting, so corrupt and such a coverup it would make an extremely compelling story and do a lot of good for girls across the country who live in small towns with fanatical high school football fans.

:please: Please get involved in this story.

bourne
01-30-2013, 10:46 AM
The Max Shacknai/Rebecca Zahau case has all the elements of a best-selling thriller, murder mystery, drama, romance. It involves a love triangle between a wealthy man, a beautiful younger immigrant woman, and his stalkerish, jealous and spiteful ex-wife with a violent history, and the man and ex-wife's only 6-year-old son.

It's about envy, hate, rage, revenge, malice, classism/racism, domestic violence, wealth and entitlement, murder conspiracy, greased law enforcement/politician/DA pockets and improper, unethical police procedures, and post-mortem trash talking and false accusations about the murdered victim.

It's about a gorgeous young woman found butt-naked and fully nude and reportedly hanging from a second-storied balcony by the man's porn-addicted brother. Her hands and feet are bound behind her back in what some speculate was a hogtie, a noose around her neck, a t-shirt wound tightly around the noose and stuffed down her throat, four wounds on top of her head, and ligature and strangulation wounds around her neck. There was no way she could have magically leaped over the balcony railing with her hands and feet bound without getting DNA or prints all over the balcony floor and railing. Law enforcement officials found no prints/DNA on the balcony matching Zahau's yet ruled her suspicious, violent death a suicide! :what:

A real who-dun-it. And are the guilty murderers getting away with it? And whose hands are in whose pockets?

Death of Rebecca Zahau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/author-ann-rule-someone-killed-rebecca-zahau-coronado-spreckels-fatal-friends

Rebecca Zahau Nalepa - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ScarlettScarpetta
01-30-2013, 11:13 AM
I would love to see them look into the 1962 murder of Carol Ann Dougherty in Bristol, Pa.

She was murdered in the church and found by her parents.

Maybe they could get some of the evidence released and more information open to public and get someone to come forward. At the time, no one wanted to speak out against the priests.

Tulessa
09-18-2013, 11:05 PM
My brother David Wayne Waggoner has been missing for almost 40 years. He had only been out of the Marines for approx. 1 yr., when he disappeared from Pasadena, TX. A story about my brother is on the website Texas Crime News. Two things happen during the time that he disappeared, the mass murders in Pasadena and also Sheriff Humpy Parker in Cold Springs in the early 70's. I just know that something happen to him, I was recently contacted by Barbara Gibson a free lance writer in Houston, and she did a story about my brother and there was also a link on the Texas Monthly website. Please, please consider doing a story about him. I have prayed everyday for the last almost 40 years asking God to please help me find out what happen to him. He was a good person and I will never give up trying to find out what happen.

Dateline, please listen to us, the viewers. 40 years? Don't let this lady down! I beg of you! :please: :please: :please: :please: :please:

ETA. He was a Marine and by doing so, protected our freedom.

Omix4
10-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Yes this case needs to go national mary rachel Carson in Virginia beach va and get some new attention. Unsolved murder of a beautiful young girl that was brutally murdered less than a mile from her home in a quiet upscale neighborhood
Come on let's get this case the attention it deserves and help it get solved going on the 8 th year..
Justiceforshellie.com

chigirl
11-19-2013, 01:43 PM
ROBIN RENEE ABRAMS!!!! Great story to feature for any ty show that needs an end! Crazy that this case has not been solved already - no body, no crime??? They wanted her silenced, who was one of their own members. She disappears days before she is to give her deposition on a wrongful termination and sexual harassment law suit she had against 7 members of Will County Sheriffs office? Eerily close to home for Drew Peterson, same county and corruption. Could Drew's law help Robin? Crime, sex & corruption, it reads like a made for tv movie - please check out her link:
IL IL - Robin Renea Abrams, 28, Beecher, 4 Oct 1990 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
She also has a fb page: https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindRobinAbrams

Dawn Remains
03-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm new on here. I hope i'm doing this right. First of all, I am excited to see there are many other people that enjoy true crime! For some, it's rather grisly. I see researching true crime as a way to help families and explore motives in murder. My interest began when I was a child and witnessed a crime scene across the street. I was able to see blood splatter on the walls. I was curious about why the blood hit the wall in that particular way. I was also almost a victim of a kidnapping as a young girl. My mother went inside a local post office and I had a small drink so I stayed outside the door. I looked up and saw a man and most of all huge hands getting closer to my face. I reacted my screaming and jumping on a parked car. The man disappeared. My mother came running outside. This was in the mid 80's in San Diego, CA. He looked possibly Hispanic, dark hair. I always have wondered who it was. Was he a child killer? A serial killer? This occurred on the Naval base of Miramar. I recently came across the name of Andrew Uridales. I live in Nashville now. I spend my free time on the Doe Network researching.

Ok, lol, now for my idea for a new show. The reality shows lately have been pretty, well, tacky. Why not try something different? It is obvious that people like to help solve crimes. Give the individuals on the show to solve a real cold case. Of course certain information could be withheld to verify the actual killer. It would save law enforcement money, help families, possibly get a murderer of the streets. Instead of having just an investigator on the case, it would be several people that have to study this crime. It's obvious that sleuthers can solve unidentified person cases. I don't know about you guys, but I would certainly rather watch something like this, than say, pretty rich people fighting or getting plastic surgery. I am loving the show Dark Minds! If they ever did a reality show like this, then I want to be on it :please:

So what do you think?

mtech
04-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Does anyone know if this would still be a contact for possible Dateline Shows??? Looking to try to get someone to give more attention to a cold case in Columbus Ohio.. The Case of 14 year old Christie Mullins, it has a thread on here and a websleuth member has put A LOT of time and effort into bringing this cold case from 1975 to light and trying to get the police to give it another look. There maybe some skeletons in the CPD closet when they reopen this.. The prime suspect (in everyone's mind BUT CPD) was not even questionsed.. They railroaded a mentally challenged man and he was cleared.. The man suspected was the one who "found" her body with his wife.. If interested look up the article on SCRIBD titled " An All American Murder" by John Oller. You can download SCRIBD and read for free.

Just want help in getting more attention to her murder and for police to take a second look... It seems that they do not want to touch this case at all...

Thanks for everyone who takes a look at this case!

Tricia
04-26-2014, 01:56 AM
Does anyone know if this would still be a contact for possible Dateline Shows??? Looking to try to get someone to give more attention to a cold case in Columbus Ohio.. The Case of 14 year old Christie Mullins, it has a thread on here and a websleuth member has put A LOT of time and effort into bringing this cold case from 1975 to light and trying to get the police to give it another look. There maybe some skeletons in the CPD closet when they reopen this.. The prime suspect (in everyone's mind BUT CPD) was not even questionsed.. They railroaded a mentally challenged man and he was cleared.. The man suspected was the one who "found" her body with his wife.. If interested look up the article on SCRIBD titled " An All American Murder" by John Oller. You can download SCRIBD and read for free.

Just want help in getting more attention to her murder and for police to take a second look... It seems that they do not want to touch this case at all...

Thanks for everyone who takes a look at this case!

Yes, please contact Dan Slepian. His email is Daniel.Slepian@nbcuni.com

Dan just contacted me today and said how wonderful the members of Websleuths are and how much he appreciates our input.

Thank you mtech. If there is anything else we can do please let us know.

Tricia

Rhino-Esq
06-18-2014, 02:31 AM
Here is a very interesting story about a soldier that has been missing since March 18, 2013. A family member has recently provided a detailed timeline:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10635417#post10635417

Foxfire
07-06-2014, 06:34 AM
Social media including crime forums, such as Websleuths, plays a very important part in missing/murdered persons investigations in this age of communications. An aware American public is analogous to a security camera across the landscape of America. The Ivy Merck story(GA) is a very inspirational story where social media, family determination, and awareness worked in unison and were the catalyst for a miraculous ending which bordered on divine intervention, imo..

Family's perseverance, social networking led to recovery of missing Athens woman
By JOE JOHNSON updated Monday, September 17, 2012 - 10:11pm

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2012-09-17/familys-perseverance-social-networking-led-recovery-missing-athens-woman

Chad Merck said in his Internet posting. “I am not a statistician, but the odds of us arriving at the same location in Miami at the same time must be incredible,” he wrote. “There is no other way to explain such an amazing coincidence, other than as an answered prayer.”
_________

Found Alive GA - Ivy Merck, 24, Kingsland, August 2012 - Websleuths Thread #1
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/tags.php?tag=ivy+merck

Landonsmom02
07-08-2014, 12:33 PM
Yes, please contact Dan Slepian. His email is Daniel.Slepian@nbcuni.com

Dan just contacted me today and said how wonderful the members of Websleuths are and how much he appreciates our input.

Thank you mtech. If there is anything else we can do please let us know.

Tricia

Do you know exactly what kind of stories he is interested in? I thought about writing him about the Teghan Skiba trial. The little 4 year old that was tortured and killed by her mother's boyfriend. The trial just concluded in April and her mom's trial is coming up.