PDA

View Full Version : A Walk in Weleetka

Claycat
11-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Taylor Paschal Placker and Skyla Whitaker were two young girls who were full of life and promise. They loved animals and they adored the stars of High School Musical. They were involved in cheerleading and sports at school. They had family and friends who loved them very much. One day on a country road near Weleetka, Oklahoma, their hopes and dreams were snuffed out. On June 8, 2008, an unspeakable crime was committed when these sweet girls were gunned down.

A group of us came together here at Websleuths. We discussed, delved into, and cried over this crime. Skyla and Taylor have become our girls, the children of our hearts. On November 8, exactly five months from that fateful date, we made a pilgrimage to that lonely back road in rural Oklahoma and took that same walk that was the last walk of our girls on this earth.

We did this, not only to honor their memory, but also to bring attention back to this case that seems to be slowly growing cold. We did this, because in expressing our love for Taylor and Skyla, we found love for each other.

Here is the link to the video on Channel 8 in Oklahoma.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/1108/568263.html

ArizonaGiGi
11-09-2008, 08:38 PM
That's beautiful Claycat. Thanks for starting the thread.

Claycat
11-09-2008, 08:46 PM
That's beautiful Claycat. Thanks for starting the thread.

You're welcome! We certainly have a lot to share!

Missing Sarah
11-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Hello ClayCat, and GiGi..I hope everyone made it home safe with no problems. It was a pleasure meeting all of you, and yes, that was beautiful ClayCat. I hope the trip to Oklahoma was an enlightening one for all. Sunday, was a beautiful day filled with sunshine and warmth ..and its a day I'll always cherish and remember. Thanks..for giving me the opportunity to meet all of you !!

ArizonaGiGi
11-09-2008, 08:59 PM
MS I enjoyed meeting you and Momma. It was an incredible 36 hours for me. It just doesn't get any better than that. What can I say. :blowkiss:

RPS
11-09-2008, 09:34 PM
To those who traveled to OK--

That is some awesome, awesome stuff you did to keep this case alive. I wish I could have been there.

Claycat
11-09-2008, 09:51 PM

That is some awesome, awesome stuff you did to keep this case alive. I wish I could have been there.

I wish you could have been there, too! We certainly don't want it to end here. We have already talked about the possibility of doing it again!

Claycat
11-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Hello ClayCat, and GiGi..I hope everyone made it home safe with no problems. It was a pleasure meeting all of you, and yes, that was beautiful ClayCat. I hope the trip to Oklahoma was an enlightening one for all. Sunday, was a beautiful day filled with sunshine and warmth ..and its a day I'll always cherish and remember. Thanks..for giving me the opportunity to meet all of you !!

Thanks, Missing Sarah! It was a pleasure meeting you and your mother, too!

Boots-OK
11-09-2008, 10:01 PM

Hi, RPS...anyone who has a strong interest in this case would have been overwhelmed - I was.

An observation I made while driving to and visiting the site:

The area is even more remote than what the maps indicate. The roads are rougher (gravel) and winding. We were there about 4 hours and there were vehicles traveling by about (on an average) every 10 minutes. To me they all appeared to be local to the community. Several were hunters and may or may not have been local - but, this is hunting season in Oklahoma. It wasn't in June. I think the traffic would have been less on a Sunday in June than on a Saturday in November.

I said all of that to say this: IMO the murderer(s) were locals or at least familiar with the area.

GetSmart
11-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Come Hell or High Water i will be at the next Walk in Weleetka. man guys.. he is so much better now. Why couldn't it of been a few days later ...boo hoo....

Looking foward to pics & stories

Boots-OK
11-09-2008, 10:10 PM
To: Missing Sarah - you and your Mama are delightful. I loved meeting you and spending time with you. Thanks again...

Hello to everyone else on the board. Glad you have made it home safely. I probably won't be able to go to bed tonight until Lauren and Keyboard get home safely.

Getsmart - great news about DH and yes you will make the next walk!

Claycat
11-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Come Hell or High Water i will be at the next Walk in Weleetka. man guys.. he is so much better now. Why couldn't it of been a few days later ...boo hoo....

Looking foward to pics & stories

We missed you so much! I'm glad your DH is better!

Missing Sarah
11-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi Boots and all...Sorry about the gravel road, that was due to a mix up between me and Sheza. She met for me to take you guys down Coleman Rd,and I took Kelough Rd :( leave it to me to mess up. Mother enjoyed the day, and the attention. Thanks everyone for making her feel so welcomed. I know, I hope everyone has made it home, and telling all about the trip to their loved ones. It was nice meeting all the Plackers, I myself had only seen pictures of them, they seemed to have enjoyed all of us. I'll visit with Vicky again, she was somewhat shy, but then again ...I have a tendency to be that way myself.

Boots-OK
11-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Hi Boots and all...Sorry about the gravel road, that was due to a mix up between me and Sheza. She met for me to take you guys down Coleman Rd,and I took Kelough Rd :( leave it to me to mess up. Mother enjoyed the day, and the attention. Thanks everyone for making her feel so welcomed. I know, I hope everyone has made it home, and telling all about the trip to their loved ones.

No, no MS - I wasn't complaining about the drive. I grew up on roads just like that. lol

I'm actually glad you took us that way (I didn't know there was another one).
It gave me a better insight and feel for the area.

KeyboardPlayer
11-10-2008, 03:07 AM
To all, it was nothing less than a life-changing experience for me to travel to Oklahoma, meet every single one of you, and honor the memory of Taylor and Skyla. Thank you all so very very much! *hugs* :)

sheza
11-10-2008, 04:23 AM
Thank you all for coming, I wish you did not have to leave!

Claycat
11-10-2008, 06:42 AM

I wish we didn't, too, Sheza! Thanks for holding my hand and walking with me!

Thanks to both you and Missing Sarah for guiding us around.

little726
11-10-2008, 08:56 AM
I love reading about all of you meeting!! Just AWESOME!!!

waltzingmatilda
11-10-2008, 09:16 AM
How wonderful! I wish I could have joined you all. I had chills when I watched the video. This is a very powerful testament to the impact Skyla and Taylor have had on all of us. Thanks to all who made this emotional trip to memorialize these girls and keep awareness of this case alive. Hugs to you all...:clap:matilda

Lauren - CA
11-10-2008, 07:56 PM

I wish I did not have to leave either!! I love Oklahoma! You all are so wonderful, warm and friendly. I truly loved every minute of my trip. I loved meeting all of you. I could not believe I was actually there!

I will never, ever forget this trip. What a journey!

Lauren - CA
11-10-2008, 07:58 PM
I firmly believe the people responsible are local. No one could find their way in there without knowing exactly where they were going. I couldn't believe how close the house was to the road, and how close the driveway was to the memorial site. Unbelievable. I cried imagining how close to home they really were.......only a couple more minutes to safety.

Beyond Belief
11-10-2008, 08:12 PM
I am so very proud of each of you for making this trip.:blowkiss:

Taylor and Skyla forever on my mind.

Claycat
11-10-2008, 08:14 PM
We all talked about the unbelievable feeling of peace we felt in that place. I will talk more about my other impressions on the psychic thread.

oceanblueeyes
11-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Taylor Paschal Placker and Skyla Whitaker were two young girls who were full of life and promise. They loved animals and they adored the stars of High School Musical. They were involved in cheerleading and sports at school. They had family and friends who loved them very much. One day on a country road near Weleetka, Oklahoma, their hopes and dreams were snuffed out. On June 8, 2008, an unspeakable crime was committed when these sweet girls were gunned down.

A group of us came together here at Websleuths. We discussed, delved into, and cried over this crime. Skyla and Taylor have become our girls, the children of our hearts. On November 8, exactly five months from that fateful date, we made a pilgrimage to that lonely back road in rural Oklahoma and took that same walk that was the last walk of our girls on this earth.

We did this, not only to honor their memory, but also to bring attention back to this case that seems to be slowly growing cold. We did this, because in expressing our love for Taylor and Skyla, we found love for each other.

Here is the link to the video on Channel 8 in Oklahoma.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/1108/568263.html

Here is a big :blowkiss: and hug for all of you! I am so proud of each one of you. I am so glad that each one of you have such heartfelt memories to share. I would have loved to have been there with you all. It shows the tremendous carrying, compassion and love you all have in your hearts.

Now I have so many questions.:)

How long did you all get to stay?
Did you get to stay overnight and have dinner or breakfast together?
Did the Whitakers or Plackers know that you came?
Did you contact the media or did they find out after you came?
Did you place anything for the girls at the memorial site?

How long did it take each of you to return home?

LOL Sorry but you know Sister Sleuthers want to know all the scoop...:clap:

Again, I am so glad you have created lifelong memories and are helping keep Taylor and Skyla's memory alive.

Ocean

Lauren - CA
11-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Here is a big :blowkiss: and hug for all of you! I am so proud of each one of you. I am so glad that each one of you have such heartfelt memories to share. I would have loved to have been there with you all. It shows the tremendous carrying, compassion and love you all have in your hearts.

Again, I am so glad you have created lifelong memories and are helping keep Taylor and Skyla's memory alive.

Ocean

Thank you for your kind words. I went from Thursday night to Sunday night. Yes, we all stayed together at a hotel and shared many meals together. Our favourite meal had to be chicken fried steak at the Roundup!! What a hoot.

Yes, the families were aware that we made the trip. After the media left we met with the Plackers. Boots contacted her friend in the media and was able to arrange the coverage. I think they did a beautiful job!

We all placed something special at the site. Special thanks to Ruflossen for the beautiful memorial plaque which she had engraved with the girls name on it. One beautiful thing I feel I can share with you all........Peter Placker knows each and every item placed at that memorial. He was able to identify a pouch which contained two lucky pennies placed by ArizonaGiGi. That was something else. She hung it on a branch and he knew it was there. :)

Claycat
11-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi Ocean! Thanks! Yes, we definitely brought things to leave at the memorial. I left two magazines about High School Musical 3, because the girls loved Zac and Vanessa so much!

I flew into Tulsa on Friday and left Sunday.

Lauren - CA
11-10-2008, 09:12 PM
How wonderful! I wish I could have joined you all. I had chills when I watched the video. This is a very powerful testament to the impact Skyla and Taylor have had on all of us. Thanks to all who made this emotional trip to memorialize these girls and keep awareness of this case alive. Hugs to you all...:clap:matilda

If you had chills watching it, imagine being there? I know in my heart I will never forget one moment of this trip.

Claycat
11-10-2008, 09:14 PM
I have to add that I'm having the blues today. Being there made it so much more real to me! I'm feeling the loss of these precious girls with so much more intensity!

Lauren - CA
11-10-2008, 09:18 PM
I agree CC. Everywhere we turned, there were signs of the girls. Donation boxes, Crimestoppers posters, they were everywhere. It was so beautiful to see.

Lauren - CA
11-10-2008, 09:20 PM
I think the girls were with us on Saturday afternoon. I felt at peace, something I was not expecting. It is so hard to explain.

Claycat
11-10-2008, 09:30 PM
I think the girls were with us on Saturday afternoon. I felt at peace, something I was not expecting. It is so hard to explain.

They were definitely there, Lauren!

Boots-OK
11-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Thank you, Ocean...it was a memory making experience. I'll try to answer some of your questions:

Members started arriving Thursday night. Our visit to the site was on Saturday and lasted at least 4 or 5 hours.

Yes. I'm fairly close and had to work; however, we had lunch together on Friday and the group events continued through Sunday.

We all ate together after we toured the site Saturday evening.

I don't know about the Whitakers - but, the Plackers did - more info on that soon.

We were hesitant to make this a media event but decided at the last minute to ask them to join us.

Yes, many special things. I think each member should describe what they took and why.

It took me less than an hour. lol Individuals can share details if they choose.

I, personally, am so anxious to share with all of of you some of the special moments of our trip. It was truly blessed by God. Awesome!!:blowkiss:

Ann Fan
11-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Missing Sarah - thank you so much for meeting us. Please tell your mother how much I enjoyed her - she is such a joy to be around and I am so thankful she could share the day with us.
There were many blessings given to each of us on the trip - it turned out far better than any of us could possibly hope for - I am still stunned at the events and how they unfolded - blessed is the best way to describe it.
An incredible group of people united for an unimaginable journey - all because of our two precious girls. We established friendships and memories to last a lifetime. We have much to share and will do so in the near future.

Lauren - CA
11-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Missing Sarah - thank you so much for meeting us. Please tell your mother how much I enjoyed her - she is such a joy to be around and I am so thankful she could share the day with us.
There were many blessings given to each of us on the trip - it turned out far better than any of us could possibly hope for - I am still stunned at the events and how they unfolded - blessed is the best way to describe it.
An incredible group of people united for an unimaginable journey - all because of our two precious girls. We established friendships and memories to last a lifetime. We have much to share and will do so in the near future.

AF, you could not have said it better!! I think we are all still in another world right now. I think most of us need time to process all the events of the past several days. Not only did we fulfill our dream of paying our respects at the memorial, but we also made forever friendships. Who knew it could turn out to be more than we could have ever imagined.

Lauren - CA
11-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Missing Sarah, I also wanted to say how much I loved your mom. She is such a cutie!!! Please let her know how much we all appreciated her sharing in our journey.

Boots-OK
11-10-2008, 10:45 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

noZme
11-10-2008, 11:50 PM
hey travelers,

I am so happy for each of you who met in OK. Websleuths is my 1st experience participating in an online forum & I am constantly amazed at the attachments we posters make. Your group certainly took it to a new level. ..... The news video is great & hopefully brought new attention that these murders have not been solved.

I am anxious to read more about your meeting & visit with the Placker's..... details please!!! Meanwhile, I am trying to match nicknames, names & faces from the video. If you'll PM me & tell me which person you are, I'll be able to score my match-ups.

Again, I am just so excited that you guys actually made the trek. Maybe next time i'll join you there..... I'd really like to be sitting in the courtroom the day the murderer is sentenced!

ArizonaGiGi
11-11-2008, 02:54 AM
Oh ya, we'll ALL be in the courtroom, you included Noz!

Claycat
11-11-2008, 07:43 AM
NoZme, that would be awesome!

Boots-OK
11-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Should any of you wish to email a thank you to the individuals responsible for the news story - just select Jerry Giordano and Yvonne Harris on the link below. They treated us and our girls' story with such respect and care.

http://www.ktul.com/news/talentbios.html

KeyboardPlayer
11-11-2008, 02:58 PM
I will make it a point to do that, Boots. Thanks so much!! :)

Ruflossn
11-11-2008, 03:09 PM

Ocean

Hi Ocean~
Here is my take on the weekend:
We arrived in Tulsa on Thursday and Friday. Differing times of arrival due to individual schedules. We ate lunch together on Friday. You could already feel that the weekend was going to be awesome. We all laughed and got to know each other at lunch. Not a lot of discussion about the case.

By Friday (late) afternoon, we had checked in at the hotel. The hotel had it's own uniqueness about it. (Enough said......:) ) We had planned on going out to dinner but, we never left the hotel the entire night! We had snacks, water, red wine, and blackberry brandy. We visited w/ each other until very late. (1:00 am or so). One nice thing about the hotel was that the rooms had small 'fridges in them. We were able to keep snacks cold etc.....

Saturday we left for the Memorial. When we got there, the media was already there. I was a little surprised to see them. However, I was so glad that they covered the story and got the case some much needed coverage. We all placed the items we had brought to the Memorial in the same general area. There are a lot of things already there. It was nice to see some fresh colors etc..... mixed in with the things that had already been placed. Everybody brought things that seemed important to them. It was a very peaceful experience. I brought a turtle that held a turtle necklace, and a butterfly that was on a stake and pounded into the ground. Lauren already mentioned that we met w/ the Placker's. One of the family members has the turtle necklace. She seemed genuinely happy to have it. I feel free in expressing that the Placker's were not upset that we were there. They were touched and very thankful for the efforts made by so many. The Placker's were very gracious and warm towards us. While visiting w/ them, they cried and laughed. They laughed (as did we) while they told stories about Taylor and wept (as did we) when we remembered the reason we were all drawn together in the first place.

Saturday night we ate at the local favorite, "The Round Up" That was an experience in itself. The chicken fried steak is indescribable. Huge and delicious. Saturday night, we again stayed up late and visited. Sunday morning came way to early. We all left to head back to Tulsa around 10:30. It was hard to say good-bye. However, we definitely made friends for a lifetime.

It is difficult to put into words all the things that were shared. I have never made friends over the internet. I had no idea what to expect. I can say w/out a doubt that it was one of the most memorable events in my life. I truly believe that we will once again meet. I only hope that it will be when whoever murdered these girls is brought to trial.

Claycat
11-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Good Recap, Flossie!

KeyboardPlayer
11-11-2008, 03:32 PM
I agree, very well said Flossie! I would like to add that we were very fortunate to meet Wanda Mankin and Tammy Smith from Graham School as well. After our visit to the memorial, we were graciously given a tour of the school, and to stand in the same classroom Taylor and Skyla were in just took my breath away. We also got to see the new cheerleading uniforms and buy some more of the memory bracelets. All of that combined with the beautiful people I made this journey with made this truly a weekend that I will never EVER forget. :)

Claycat
11-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Should any of you wish to email a thank you to the individuals responsible for the news story - just select Jerry Giordano and Yvonne Harris on the link below. They treated us and our girls' story with such respect and care.

http://www.ktul.com/news/talentbios.html

Done, Boots! You are right! They did a great job!

Boots-OK
11-11-2008, 03:50 PM
It is very important to me that all Sleuthers understand that The Placker Family surprised us by arriving at the Memorial and waited to meet with us.

They reached out to us - this, to me, was the most memorable event of the entire trip.

They were grateful, open and gracious. We exchanged many hugs and tears.

I felt we gave them a little ray of hope - that so many different people from so many different places cared deeply for these little girls - seemed to be very meaningful to all of them.

A commitment was made to Vickie: "We can't promise you that the guilty will be brought to justice - we can promise to keep these girls in our hearts and this story alive."

Claycat
11-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Boots, that is so beautifully expressed! You have brought me to tears again!

oceanblueeyes
11-11-2008, 05:09 PM
It is very important to me that all Sleuthers understand that The Placker Family surprised us by arriving at the Memorial and waited to meet with us.

They reached out to us - this, to me, was the most memorable event of the entire trip.

They were grateful, open and gracious. We exchanged many hugs and tears.

I felt we gave them a little ray of hope - that so many different people from so many different places cared deeply for these little girls - seemed to be very meaningful to all of them.

A commitment was made to Vickie: "We can't promise you that the guilty will be brought to justice - we can promise to keep these girls in our hearts and this story alive."

That just warms my heart. I am so proud of all of you. We need more people spreading love and compassion around to those who desperately need a kind word or a soft touch. How was Vicki doing? Is she holding up any better?

imoo

Boots-OK
11-11-2008, 05:19 PM
That just warms my heart. I am so proud of all of you. We need more people spreading love and compassion around to those who desperately need a kind word or a soft touch. How was Vicki doing? Is she holding up any better?

imoo

Thanks, Ocean...

I believe Vicki is slowly gaining strength. She appeared stronger than what she was in pictures I had seen of her a couple of months ago. She loves to give and receive hugs. Here I go again...sorry.:blowkiss:

Lauren - CA
11-11-2008, 05:24 PM

imoo

Thank you for saying that Ocean. Our only goal in going to the memorial was to pay our respects to two angels taken too soon from our earth. We were not seeking publicity for ourselves. Having the media there last minute to bring this story to the forefront was a bonus we never really imagined would come true.

We hope that we were able to bring some hope to the Placker Family. They are holding up as best they can. They shared some wonderful stories of Taylor and Skyla. They brought tears to my eyes but also joy to know how truly loved they were. I also wanted them to know there are good people out there. People that won't let these girls ever be forgotten. Never. I know for a fact that Taylor and Skyla will be with me every day.

This trip was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I feel so blessed about how everything turned out. What I do anything differently? Not a chance.

Lauren - CA
11-11-2008, 05:25 PM
It was so nice hearing her tell a story about the girls and then smiling.........I pray that she is starting to heal.

Lauren - CA
11-11-2008, 05:28 PM
I have to say one of our funnier moments on the trip was when we all went to the Roundup for chicken fried steak. We all ordered the exact same thing, except for the salad dressing. When our dishes came out, omg, we couldn't stop laughing, which I think annoyed some of the patrons. But you had to have seen the portion size. Can you say clogged arteries?

Lauren - CA
11-11-2008, 05:29 PM
I also want to say that everyone was so friendly (locals). I never would have thought in my wildest dreams that I would have gone to Oklahoma, but boy am I ever glad I did. I have made forever friends. The bond we shared can never be broken. :)

STEADFAST
11-11-2008, 05:33 PM
You guys had me in tears watching you walk down that road -- one I've pictured so many times. What a wonderful group you are. :blowkiss:

Ruflossn
11-11-2008, 07:24 PM
I have to say one of our funnier moments on the trip was when we all went to the Roundup for chicken fried steak. We all ordered the exact same thing, except for the salad dressing. When our dishes came out, omg, we couldn't stop laughing, which I think annoyed some of the patrons. But you had to have seen the portion size. Can you say clogged arteries?

Lauren~
Just reading your post made me laugh again. Make no mistake about it, the locals were annoyed that we were laughing. However, when the first platter (I can not call it a plate) was sat down in front of Boots, (who could not have been any more of a lady, and a very classy lady at that) I lost it. She is the last person who looked or acted like she would order that much food. Her facial expression was priceless. Pure shock! I swear, I am still chuckling at the memory.

ttyl~
Flossie

Claycat
11-11-2008, 07:25 PM
You guys had me in tears watching you walk down that road -- one I've pictured so many times. What a wonderful group you are. :blowkiss:

Thanks, Steadfast! (I've always liked the word steadfast!) :blowkiss:

Claycat
11-11-2008, 07:26 PM
LOL! Lauren and Flossie, you've got me laughing again!

KeyboardPlayer
11-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Thank you steadfast! :)

Yep, Lauren, we're BFFs now, aren't we? I agree that was hysterical when they brought out the CFS! The looks we got were priceless! :)

Claycat
11-11-2008, 07:30 PM
I have to post the photo so people will believe us!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=638&pictureid=4771

Ruflossn
11-11-2008, 07:40 PM
OMGosh, the picture says it all. You can not even see the corn. Can we count the gravy as a "dairy" since it is made w/ milk? Just a thought........... :)

Boots-OK
11-11-2008, 08:03 PM
I have to post the photo so people will believe us!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=638&pictureid=4771

You know...I think this was one of the smaller ones. No joke!!

Boots-OK
11-11-2008, 08:13 PM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=631&pictureid=4734

Group Prayer With the Plackers, Wanda and Tammy.

Ruflossn
11-11-2008, 08:32 PM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=631&pictureid=4734

Group Prayer With the Plackers, Wanda and Tammy.

I love this picture. I did not notice Peter and Vicky until this pic. was blown up to a larger size. She has her head buried in his neck. The arm around him is from his daughter, Linda Kay. So sweet yet so tragic.

Claycat
11-11-2008, 09:18 PM
That was so wonderful!

Lauren - CA
11-11-2008, 09:55 PM
That pic of the chicken fried steak is so funny. That's right, you can't even see the corn.

Boots-OK
11-11-2008, 10:42 PM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=465&pictureid=4713

We grouped our remembrances left at the memorial. Pardon the stakes - didn't want the wind to blow the bears away.

Lauren - CA
11-11-2008, 11:50 PM
I thought the magazines were a nice touch since they couldn't go to the HSM3 movie opening a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't believe how many beautiful things people have left the past few months. I took my time looking at all the little treasures. I loved the soda pop and chocolate bars left for each girl. I wanted to cry when I saw them.

Boots-OK
11-11-2008, 11:53 PM
I thought the magazines were a nice touch since they couldn't go to the HSM3 movie opening a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't believe how many beautiful things people have left the past few months. I took my time looking at all the little treasures. I loved the soda pop and chocolate bars left for each girl. I wanted to cry when I saw them.

And the packets of skittles?

Lauren - CA
11-12-2008, 12:30 AM
And the packets of skittles?

Them too! Wow, I was so impressed at how many little things, how many of the girls' favourite things were left for them. I know they must be smiling up there and enjoying all the treats God has given them.

ArizonaGiGi
11-12-2008, 12:40 AM
I wanted to share a little about the trip from my prospective but it's so emotional that it's difficult to put into words.

From the beginning;
I met up with the group at the motel Friday night. We sat and visited and got to know each other and talked about the girls and the case. Had some snacks and drinks and some even took a dip in the indoor jacuzzi.

Next morning was the planned trip to the memorial site. We drove in a small caravan and I can't stress enough how remote the site is. IMO there is no way that this could be random. IF someone was able to find their way to the site, they would most likely get lost on their way out. If someone wanted to commit a random murder or even abduction, this is that last place you would try something like that. It is not near the highway for a quick getaway. The road to the site is waaay off the beaten path and is covered in large gravel rock. You can seriously only go about 20 mph.

So that being said, we stopped at the bridge first. Bad creek had water in it and was very peaceful. I observed that the kids that hang out there most likely do not go hang out UNDER the bridge because it is completely grown up and I did not see any sign of a trail so my guess is the girls would walk to the bridge and sit or stand there and visit.

From the bridge you can actually see all the way down past the Plackers house to where the POI truck would have been parked. There is barely room for two vehicles to be on the road side by side, so for the POI to be sitting right in the middle of the road is strange. It would definitely draw attention to himself by anyone driving past. This is still curious to me. Perhaps he was "stalking" the girls. From his truck he would have been able to see the girls at the bridge possibly.

We walked from the bridge to the memorial site. It's hard to explain but it was very peaceful there. Before we made it to the memorial site, we passed a tree that had a tangle of yellow crime scene tape still attached. We saw this on several other trees around the site.
At the memorial site, Peter Placker has built a stone border to keep all the mememtos from washing away. There are lots of stuffed animals and silk flowers and at the girls large wooden crosses someone had left candy and bottled drinks. I wish I had gotten a photo of it. I remember a twix bar.

I will write more later. I don't want to "hog" the thread

Boots-OK
11-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Gigi...great start! I think everyone is anxious to hear our individual thoughts from start to finish so, for me, post away girlfriend.:blowkiss:

Boots-OK
11-12-2008, 06:07 PM
I don't know if our visit generated this additional media coverage - hope it helped!

Last night OK City had a news report on the girls and said Nancy Grace's crew was back in the area also. Skyla's Dad is interviewed at the Memorial and points out some of the gifts our members left.

http://www.koco.com/video/17966237/index.html

ArizonaGiGi
11-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the link boots!
That's awesome that he mentioned the magazines that ClayCat put out and the turtles that Keyboardplayer so lovingly decorated.
ps I found two pennies today

Lauren - CA
11-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the link boots!
That's awesome that he mentioned the magazines that ClayCat put out and the turtles that Keyboardplayer so lovingly decorated.
ps I found two pennies today

GiGi please save those two pennies, I think they should be placed at the memorial the next time we visit.

KeyboardPlayer
11-12-2008, 07:53 PM
GiGi please save those two pennies, I think they should be placed at the memorial the next time we visit.
...and there WILL be a next time, right? :)

Lauren - CA
11-12-2008, 09:12 PM
...and there WILL be a next time, right? :)

I truly feel that there will be a next time.

Missing Sarah
11-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh my, thanks so much for posting that video GiGi...I'm actually speechless, two thumbs up...hugs...to all of you for taking the time, and being out the expense of coming to Oklahoma. Your trip has captured the medias attention which was needed so badly, I was worried this case was going to fade with time ...but not now!!
Keyboards little turtles were so cute..everything brought was sweet! All, of you are such kind, loving individuals.
Sincerely, thanks to all of you.

Claycat
11-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Hi Missing Sarah! Here is another video.

http://www.kjrh.com/content/news/2viewgc/story.aspx?content_id=7c99bb35-b361-484d-aaf6-e87b524f7155

Boots-OK
11-12-2008, 10:15 PM
http://www.kjrh.com/content/news/2viewgc/story.aspx?content_id=7c99bb35-b361-484d-aaf6-e87b524f7155

Another local channel covering our girls' story - We have one left in Tulsa and I bet they get on board also.:woohoo:

Boots-OK
11-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Sorry CC - We must have been posting at the same time!!

Claycat
11-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Not to worry, Boots! I also posted them in the Media thread!

Claycat
11-12-2008, 10:19 PM
It's just so awesome that our girls are getting coverage again!

Missing Sarah
11-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Hello Boots, I know...isn't it exciting !! The trip was far more successful than anyone could have imagined !! The outcome is simply amazing.

Lauren - CA
11-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Hello Boots, I know...isn't it exciting !! The trip was far more successful than anyone could have imagined !! The outcome is simply amazing.

MS, I pray that the media coverage will get people interested in this case again. We have never for once forgotten about it, but you know what they say is true.......out of sight, out of mind. On the way home on the plane, I sat next to a gentleman from OK and he had never even heard of the girls. I was very surprised.

Missing Sarah
11-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Hi Lauren, that doesn't surprise me at all. Even, now...when I talk to certain people about my bracelet..I get weird looks, and I'll have to go into details about the murders..Society, in general forget to quickly.
Maybe, its because I raised my daughter in that area..it wasn't unusual for her to bring her friends home on the school bus Friday evening..they all loved coming to the country, taking walks..going exploring etc...but I just can't get past it.
I guess those innocent days of country living are just a part of the past.

Boots-OK
11-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Hi Lauren, that doesn't surprise me at all. Even, now...when I talk to certain people about my bracelet..I get weird looks, and I'll have to go into details about the murders..Society, in general forget to quickly.
Maybe, its because I raised my daughter in that area..it wasn't unusual for her to bring her friends home on the school bus Friday evening..they all loved coming to the country, taking walks..going exploring etc...but I just can't get past it.
I guess those innocent days of country living are just a part of the past.

Hi MS - You know what really makes me angry? Caylee in Florida and Jon Benet in Colorado have dominated the news (JB for years) and Caylee's reward is up to what over $200k now? These stories are heartbreaking but...

Yes, our little girls are from rural Oklahoma and from families without money but justice for them should be equally as accurate, as swift, and as newsworthy as any child any where! I'm on a rant now...guess you can tell. lol

Fairy1
11-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Hello everyone. I don't post here often, but I read nearly every day and I want to thank those of you who met up in Weleetka last week and have taken the time to share your experiences with us here. And thank you for keeping Taylor and Skyla's story in the news - where it belongs until this horrible crime is solved. :blowkiss:

ArizonaGiGi
11-13-2008, 12:43 AM
I think that the story has been on Channel 8 (with the Websleuthers), Channel 5 and Channel 2 and also on the CNN homepage and CNN crime section - all just this week.
Did I miss any?

Claycat
11-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Hello everyone. I don't post here often, but I read nearly every day and I want to thank those of you who met up in Weleetka last week and have taken the time to share your experiences with us here. And thank you for keeping Taylor and Skyla's story in the news - where it belongs until this horrible crime is solved. :blowkiss:

Thank you for your kind words, Fairy1! I'm glad you are keeping up with this case!

barbanneb
11-13-2008, 11:11 AM
I just wanted to let you all know how wonderful I think you are for going to Weleetka and keeping the case in the public eye! The news story was very touching.

Claycat
11-13-2008, 11:12 AM
I think that the story has been on Channel 8 (with the Websleuthers), Channel 5 and Channel 2 and also on the CNN homepage and CNN crime section - all just this week.
Did I miss any?

I think that's right, AZGiGi!

KeyboardPlayer
11-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Thanks so much, barbanneb! :)

Claycat
11-13-2008, 01:07 PM
I just wanted to let you all know how wonderful I think you are for going to Weleetka and keeping the case in the public eye! The news story was very touching.

Hi Barb! It's great to hear from you! Thanks!

Tricia
11-24-2008, 09:30 PM
From my heart my apologies. I have put the information about your amazing walk in our announcemnt post. This post will appear at the top of all the forums on Websleuths.

The announcement should have been put up long ago. Please accept my apologies.

What you have done is so heartwarming and touching.

A complete group of strangers came together for two innocent angels. You have to know that Taylor and Skyla are smiling down at you.

You have shown what people can do just by coming together on a forum. You are the shining examples of what Websleuths is truly all about.

I am so proud and grateful you are members.

Love,
Tricia

Claycat
11-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Thank you so much, Tricia!

teedie2
11-24-2008, 09:47 PM
This is, by far, the most touching thing I have read here at WS. You guys are beautiful.

God bless you all, and Skyla and Taylor, and all who love them.

Tricia
11-24-2008, 09:51 PM
This is, by far, the most touching thing I have read here at WS. You guys are beautiful.

God bless you all, and Skyla and Taylor, and all who love them.

Isn't what they did just amazing? It makes me cry every time I read this. I am in Kinkos now with tears streaming down my face. I need to stand up and yell, "It's cuz I am so proud of these guys...come take a look." ;)

Really, in all my years of forum work this is by far one of the most touching things I have ever seen done.

Claycat, I hope you don't mind if I tell a little secret.

I wanted to alert the media about their walk. Have the cameras there and such. Since I work in the media I knew this story would be huge.

Claycat and the others said no, said they just wanted to do it for the memory of the girls. Now, media did get wind of it ( you have my word it wasn't me) but these guys hearts were so pure in what they wanted to do.

I ask that if you post on this thread please alert all the other members that you can on Websleuths. This is such a big forum it's hard for everyone to read everything.

Thanks again you guys.

Tricia

Boots-OK
11-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Thank you, Tricia

I'm still in awe of the members that traveled so far to be here and make this walk. Their personal sacrifices speak to their caring hearts. Amazing people - adequate words are hard to come by.

Thanks again for the recognition you have given this beautiful experience we shared.

Claycat
11-24-2008, 10:20 PM
As it turned out, Tricia, the media attention was a very good thing! It brought attention back to the case. Several other Oklahoma stations revisited Weleetka, and CNN had it up as a cold case on their website.

I recently called the publicist for Zac Efron of High School Musical. I told her assistant that these sweet girls were their ultimate fans, because they had written Zac's name in markers on themselves before they were shot. This was reported on the autopsies. :(

I told her it would be nice if they could also do something to focus the media once again on this case. I sent her some photos. Hopefully, that will have a good effect.

JaneInOz
11-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Wow how amazing for you all to do this...I hope that this helps keep the case alive so that they can find the killer/s

KeyboardPlayer
11-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Tricia, thank you so much... :) That weekend was by far one of the most emotional yet incredibly inspiring things I have ever done, thanks in no small part to the wonderful people I've met through this site. God bless all of you! :blowkiss:

ArizonaGiGi
11-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Thank YOU Tricia, and if it weren't for Websleuths, we would never have met each other to go on that important trip. :blowkiss:

It was - incredible - to meet other people that I knew cared about the girls the way that I did. I know anyone reading the story would care about the girls, but it shook me to the core and hasn't let up. It is a part of me now and so are these wonderful, amazing people that are now family. We will meet again and honor Taylor and Skyla. Many more times I imagine.

KeyboardPlayer
11-24-2008, 11:18 PM
We will meet again and honor Taylor and Skyla. Many more times I imagine.

We sure will, AZ. I wouldn't miss it for the world. :)

capoly
11-24-2008, 11:34 PM
God bless you all that went to visit these 2 young ones. The radiance of their smiles brought on by your visit was reflected in the day. Very beautiful.

Lauren - CA
11-25-2008, 12:15 AM
This trip is now a memory I will cherish forever! I still can't believe I did this. To think how afraid I was, I can laugh at that now. I met the most amazing people.........forever friends. There was no fear at the memorial site, only peace. I felt the girls were at peace, looking down at us, and giggling that they brought total strangers together to honour them. To see how close they really were to safety brought tears to my eyes......
To visit their school and feel their presence in the halls was a moment I will never forget. The locals were so friendly and I can't wait to make a return trip.

We must not let this story fade from the media. I know in my heart that someone knows something out there. This case must be solved. Our girls deserve justice!

Manny
11-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Sometimes online we find loving hearts. What a wonderful thing to do. How sad it is that the media fades away, all interest is lost until the next tragedy. We never know what bringing attention to a cold case will do and I hope someone finds whoever is responsible.

KoldKase
11-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Tricia, thanks for directing us here.

To those witnessing for these innocent girls, it's wonderful that you have taken these children to heart and continue the search for justice.

This is a very strange case. I didn't follow it that much because I thought for sure they'd solve it soon.

Please, just be careful. Your efforts are seen by the very people you want to expose. Two children were murdered in cold blood. At least one child killer is being protected, maybe more. Someone very evil with some kind of power in that community.

This crime actually makes me think of something teens might have done, on a crime spree, so to speak, and their families would do all they could to protect them. But I'm simply guessing from the nature of the crime, and I'm no professional, so take this with a grain of salt.

WholeLottaRosie
11-26-2008, 05:12 AM
From my heart my apologies. I have put the information about your amazing walk in our announcemnt post. This post will appear at the top of all the forums on Websleuths.

The announcement should have been put up long ago. Please accept my apologies.

What you have done is so heartwarming and touching.

A complete group of strangers came together for two innocent angels. You have to know that Taylor and Skyla are smiling down at you.

You have shown what people can do just by coming together on a forum. You are the shining examples of what Websleuths is truly all about.

I am so proud and grateful you are members.

Love,
Tricia

Thanks for calling this to my attention, Tricia.

I agree with what Tricia wrote - you guys are just full of the awesome!!!!

PolyGraph
11-28-2008, 11:41 PM
That was nice to go back and walk and remember those special girls!!! I am so glad there are sleuthers like you out there who go the extra mile, everytime when I log onto this site it restores my faith in humanity that there are some good people left in the world!!!

I am so happy you have brought this topic back up again:-) May God bless Taylor and Skyla...:rose:

Claycat
11-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks for your sweet comments!

KeyboardPlayer
11-29-2008, 03:04 AM
That was nice to go back and walk and remember those special girls!!! I am so glad there are sleuthers like you out there who go the extra mile, everytime when I log onto this site it restores my faith in humanity that there are some good people left in the world!!!

I am so happy you have brought this topic back up again:-) May God bless Taylor and Skyla...:rose:
That was very sweet of you to say, PG and Medusa... Thank you :)

bluestarzz
11-29-2008, 10:48 PM
god bless
and he is looking out for them in heaven
bluestarzz

Lauren - CA
11-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks to everyone on this forum for your lovely words and for supporting us in our decision to follow our hearts and make this trip. Sometimes in life you just have to do what you know is best for you and not listen to anyone trying to dissuade you.

When I decided to take the chance and go on this journey, I never expected it to be so perfect. I could not have asked for anything more. I am still laughing, smiling and crying over the moments we shared.

Not only did I meet wonderful people that I know I will be friends with forever, but I made memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

oceanblueeyes
11-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks to everyone on this forum for your lovely words and for supporting us in our decision to follow our hearts and make this trip. Sometimes in life you just have to do what you know is best for you and not listen to anyone trying to dissuade you.

When I decided to take the chance and go on this journey, I never expected it to be so perfect. I could not have asked for anything more. I am still laughing, smiling and crying over the moments we shared.

Not only did I meet wonderful people that I know I will be friends with forever, but I made memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Amen. You all should be so proud of the journey you all have made. Not only did you touch each other's hearts and victim family members but you have touched our hearts here, as well.

Maybe one day you all can return to the memorial site and place your treasures there, and softly speak to our girls, who's presence is felt there, that "justice has now been served, sweethearts."

Ocean

KeyboardPlayer
11-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Maybe one day you all can return to the memorial site and place your treasures there, and softly speak to our girls, who's presence is felt there, that "justice has now been served, sweethearts."

What a beautiful thought, Ocean! It will happen. When, I don't know, but it will happen. :blowkiss:

Ruflossn
11-30-2008, 07:57 PM

Lauren~
I could not have said it better. I feel the exact same way as you. I will never 4get that weekend, nor the friendships that were established. It is a unique story and one that I cherish.

Flossie

Lauren - CA
11-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Amen. You all should be so proud of the journey you all have made. Not only did you touch each other's hearts and victim family members but you have touched our hearts here, as well.

Ocean

Beautifully said Ocean! I look forward to that day when I can visit the girls knowing that justice has been served and I can say that to them.

Boots-OK
12-01-2008, 12:21 AM

Ocean

Oh, Ocean...what a beautiful statement. That is my prayer. When I return I want to be able to say that very thing. When I do, I'll think of you.:blowkiss:

oceanblueeyes
12-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Oh, Ocean...what a beautiful statement. That is my prayer. When I return I want to be able to say that very thing. When I do, I'll think of you.:blowkiss:

Hold onto your faith, Boots. Hold onto the thought that goodness will always overcome evil in the end. It will come.......It will come to pass. I feel it in my soul. And when that day comes, I will be there with all of you and them, in my heart and in my prayers.

We do not know God's chosen plan but we do know He has one. We must put our trust in Him. Only He can soften, hardened hearts.

Skyla and Taylor now play together forever in the garden with Angels in Heaven but work is left undone here on Earth and justice must be rendered against the ones who took the lives of these innocent children.

imoo

MissieMt
12-04-2008, 10:24 AM
THIS is exactly why I joined Websleuths. You guys don't know how much your walk has affected people. Sometimes forums get off track and tainted with unnecessary drama. Thank you for getting back to the heart of Websleuths!!!!

And thank you Tricia for bringing this to our attention.

Claycat
12-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks, Missie!

christine2448
12-06-2008, 01:27 PM

Ditto! Thank's to each of you who participated in this. It is awesome when we can get together like this and meet those we share so much with online going through cases like this.

Such loving kindness you all show by putting forth the effort for these children and their families/community. I am proud to be part of this online community, a group of such wonderful people. :blowkiss::blowkiss:

KeyboardPlayer
12-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Thank you, Missie and Christine! :)

Tricia
12-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

I see that over 2 thousand people have read the announcement about "A Walk in Weleetka." That is fantastic. The announcement is at the top of every forum.

On Monday Websleuths will be replacing the announcement about the walk with a new project, "Messages for Kyle."

There are a couple of posts about it now in the Crimes in the News forum and the Caylee forum but we need more people to read about it.

You can read about what we are trying to do right here.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75987

From my heart and soul thank you all for doing such a touching and wonderful thing for these two little angels.

If there is anything we can do at Websleuths to help with any aspect of this case please let us know.

Tricia

Boots-OK
12-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Thanks again, Tricia!! I, for one, will certainly support the new project. Calling attention to our girls was very important and is truly appreciated.

Claycat
12-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Thanks, Tricia! I, too, will support your project for Kyle!

KeyboardPlayer
12-07-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm there as well. Tricia, thank you so much for everything you've done for us, it is greatly appreciated! :)

Lauren - CA
12-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

I see that over 2 thousand people have read the announcement about "A Walk in Weleetka." That is fantastic. The announcement is at the top of every forum.

On Monday Websleuths will be replacing the announcement about the walk with a new project, "Messages for Kyle."

There are a couple of posts about it now in the Crimes in the News forum and the Caylee forum but we need more people to read about it.

You can read about what we are trying to do right here.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75987

From my heart and soul thank you all for doing such a touching and wonderful thing for these two little angels.

If there is anything we can do at Websleuths to help with any aspect of this case please let us know.

Tricia

Thank you Tricia. We appreciate everything you have done. Hopefully we shed some light on this case. Today is the six month anniversary of their deaths. We can only pray that justice will be served.

I will also support your new project!

Take care,
Lauren - CA

Claycat
12-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Thinking of our girls, Taylor and Skyla, on the six month anniversary of their deaths!

:(

little726
12-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Thinking of our girls, Taylor and Skyla, on the six month anniversary of their deaths!

:(

Same here,CC.....same here.

ksgirl78
12-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Coming out of lurking to ask, is anyone talking about Taylor and Skyla tonight?!?!?!?!?

I live right on the KS/OK border and have heard nothing, absolutely nothing on the local news channels and am watching Nancy Grace (Tivo'd from 7pm).

So heartbreaking that there is no mention of them, especially today!

little726
12-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Coming out of lurking to ask, is anyone talking about Taylor and Skyla tonight?!?!?!?!?

I live right on the KS/OK border and have heard nothing, absolutely nothing on the local news channels and am watching Nancy Grace (Tivo'd from 7pm).

Not a soul, ksgirl.

I really do like Nancy Grace, but she needs to move on! There are so many other cases that need her attention.

ksgirl78
12-08-2008, 10:58 PM
I have been scouring the local newstations websites looking for any mention of Taylor and Skyla! I'm so upset about finding NOTHING that I am trying to gain my composure before I email every last one of them! Afterall, I don't want to sound like a blubbering idiot. ;)

ArizonaGiGi
12-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Not a soul, ksgirl.

I really do like Nancy Grace, but she needs to move on! There are so many other cases that need her attention.

Ya I call it the CA show. borrrrrring

little726
12-08-2008, 11:34 PM

You got that right, AGG!!!!

Boots-OK
12-09-2008, 12:47 AM

That's the way I see it, too, Gigi!!

Claycat
12-09-2008, 08:14 AM

Thanks for caring! Maybe you will join us on our next trip! We want to keep their memory alive!

Claycat
12-09-2008, 08:25 AM
I sent a comment to Nancy Grace.

Dear Nancy,

I hoped you would have mentioned Taylor Paschal-Placker and Skyla Whitaker on your show last night. It was the six month anniversary of their deaths on that lonely road in Weleetka.

There are many sad cases out there besides the Anthonys. There are so many missing people that need to be covered, and a multitude of unidentified bodies. All are crying out for attention!

Thanks

ksgirl78
12-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Well thank you CC! I watched as a lot of you worked out the walk in Weleetka and was overwhelmed. To be totally honest, I would have been there in a heartbeat. I just am funny I guess you should say about posting here. So I just lurk. However, last night my heart was breaking for these 2 girls with no mention of their names anywhere. I also sent emails to Channel 2, Channel 6, Channel 8, and NG. Wasn't exactly sure who else I could of contacted!

Lauren - CA
12-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks to CC and ksgirl78 for taking the time to "remind" the media that the murders of these two innocent children have not been solved as of yet. There is a cold blooded murderer/s out there thinking they got away with this crime.

We aren't going to let anyone forget Skyla and Taylor, not even for a moment. No way. We won't rest until the person responsible is held accountable and the families can have some closure. We pray that day comes soon.

Claycat
12-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Thank you for doing that, as well, KSGirl! Lauren, I'm with you! We won't let them be forgotten!

ArizonaGiGi
12-09-2008, 08:20 PM
you guys ROCK! Thank you for sending info to the media.
It was very sad that NG didn't do a 6 month bit. Just one more reason for me not to like her :(

Lauren - CA
12-13-2008, 04:50 PM
As much as it saddens me that another child was murdered, but enough is enough with the Anthony story on Nancy Grace. Nancy, we all know who murdered Caylee. We don't know who or why Skyla and Taylor were murdered and we need to focus on this case to help solve it. Caylee's murderer is tucked safely behind bars. We can't say the same for sure about this case now can we?

CW
12-13-2008, 05:01 PM
I also want to thank you all, what loving caring hearts you all have. Tricia again I thank you because without you and WS none of us would of ever met one another online. When I went to Orlando I met a few of our wonderful WS members in person. It's so heart breaking with the loss or death of a child or a adult and my heart aches for their family's and loved one's.
Tricia what you and WS stand for imo is a large group of members joining together to try and help in away that we can. Of course there are always going to be a few bad seeds but look at all the love we share here for the victims and their families and for one another. I think it is just amazing how something so sad and heart breaking take's place and our loving hearts join together and try to bring change so that it doesn't happen to another innocent child or adult. We reach out and try to bring awareness to others we don't want any victim forgotten.

Lauren - CA
12-14-2008, 04:22 PM
but look at all the love we share here for the victims and their families and for one another. I think it is just amazing how something so sad and heart breaking take's place and our loving hearts join together and try to bring change so that it doesn't happen to another innocent child or adult. We reach out and try to bring awareness to others we don't want any victim forgotten.

Windchime, it is amazing isn't it? I guess I'm so focused on the girls that I sometimes forget there are other victims and families who are hurting because of their own loss. I just wish the media would be fair and focus on everyone out there who has lost a family member and needs answers. Not just one family especially when they know who did it. We can't let our innocent children be forgotten. They didn't deserve to die.

KeyboardPlayer
12-15-2008, 08:45 AM
Thanks to the wonderful people at Channel 8 and our friend Boots-OK, both videos are now on YouTube. Enjoy!

6PM Report: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO1gxw7vGFk

10PM Report: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n_jZARyac4

Cheers,
KP

Boots-OK
12-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks, Keyboard....

As always - great job on the videos.

ArizonaGiGi
12-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Oh thanks KP!

Koozit
12-16-2008, 10:22 PM
All I Wish For Christmas Is That Justice Will Be Found... And They Will Find Who Ever Did This!!!!
Thank You Ladies For Going The Distance For Those Of Us Could Not Make..God Bless You.

Claycat
12-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Thank you, Koozit!

KR2tonenow
12-17-2008, 11:38 AM
I haven't visited this thread in a very long time~ClayCat how wonderful for you to take a walk with fellow WSers. For those of us who live across the country, our prayers are with these 2 girls and that justice will be made.
Any word yet, on the composite sketch that was ID'd by witnesses. Any motive yet? Is LE sticking with random?

Claycat
12-17-2008, 01:15 PM
KR2tonenow, thank you! One of the things we have learned about the sketch is that it isn't very accurate. I understand the perp. is younger than the sketch portrayed. There is even the possibility that a hat with a fake ponytail was worn.

Many believe the killers are local, because the road is isolated. Since we have been there, we have to agree that it would be hard for an out-of-towner to find! I really don't know what LE thinks at this point. I think they need to think about it more. I still think it was payback/revenge. For what, I don't know.

KeyboardPlayer
12-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Since we have been there, we have to agree that it would be hard for an out-of-towner to find!

Indeed, CC! We were on our way to the site and had the news media on the cell phone trying to explain to them how to get to Bad Creek bridge. I felt like a moron because I had no idea where I was or how to get there (but at least I had a cell signal, until we got to the bridge, then it was gone). :p

Lauren - CA
12-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Since we have been there, we have to agree that it would be hard for an out-of-towner to find!

Indeed, CC! We were on our way to the site and had the news media on the cell phone trying to explain to them how to get to Bad Creek bridge. I felt like a moron because I had no idea where I was or how to get there (but at least I had a cell signal, until we got to the bridge, then it was gone). :p

I could not get a cell signal while I was out there.

Lauren - CA
12-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi, I wonder where VP was when she made the 911 call? She was, I feel certain, on a cell phone and not a land line when she called. I also believe she was out in the open by the way it sounded - but, since we've been there and understand the lay of the land - could she have been in the front yard of the home? The house is considerably higher than the crime scene. Guess I never stopped and wondered exactly what her location was when she made the call.

After I typed all of that - weren't there others in our group who did place/receive cell phone calls at the scene? Now, I've confused myself.:confused:

Boots, yes others were able to place and receive calls although AF had to move around while she spoke to GS.

I always pictured Vicky running from the house, headed north to the murder scene as she placed the call. Looking at the distance, it didn't appear to be as far as the media suggested. I was quite shocked at how close to safety those girls really were. :(

KeyboardPlayer
12-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Boots, yes others were able to place and receive calls although AF had to move around while she spoke to GS.

I always pictured Vicky running from the house, headed north to the murder scene as she placed the call. Looking at the distance, it didn't appear to be as far as the media suggested. I was quite shocked at how close to safety those girls really were. :(
Yeah, I showed some people at work a picture taken from the driveway looking back toward the bridge, and nobody could believe just how close they were. :(

Lauren - CA
12-21-2008, 09:28 PM
I can't even think about it KP. I hate to think what was going through their minds knowing how close they were and maybe hoping someone would come to save them?

KeyboardPlayer
12-21-2008, 09:32 PM
I can't even think about it KP. I hate to think what was going through their minds knowing how close they were and maybe hoping someone would come to save them?
If they even had time to think about that. Jeez if I could just get this bloody time machine working... :(

Lauren - CA
12-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Well we do know that Skyla knew her mom was on her way. Even in that brief second, I would think she would be thinking about her mom.

Lauren - CA
01-06-2009, 10:21 PM
After going over posts here for about 8 today hours, people here seem to be split on where things stand: OSBI has suspects and are close to a solution, or they have quit and gone home, letting the killers off the hook. Some think we should ease up on OSBI, some think we should turn up the pressure. Some even think LE was involved.

Almost all agree that the lack of publicity has hurt, and that OSBI is directly responsible for that, although other factors are also noted. All express a desire to get this case solved.

What has drawn attention to this case? Release of the 911 call. Partial release, of course. A feeble attempt to solicit information which only served to cause a minor ripple in exposure, gave everyone false hope, and surely must have made the families feel even worse. What else drew attention? Release of the autopsies, which yielded the same results. A third event, the GJ - pretty much the same outcome. And still unsolved (unsolved - a derivative of solvable).

What subsequent event drew both local and national coverage, rekindled feelings of love for the girls, and showed positive support for the families? The "Walk" that some extraordinary people participated in last November. Isn't their dedication the brightest light of the last seven months?

So now, there is nothing looming on the horizon except maybe another GJ. If it convenes, this case might not even be discussed. The one year anniversary will produce a couple of local newspaper articles and maybe some quick national blurb or two. We won't see anyone named Ben or Jessica trying to get some camera time. Shame, shame.

The letter-writing campaign is still ongoing. After a dozen sent, two standard-type replies came back. There will be many more going out as time allows.

Back to the main point. The "Walk" was a great thing. Could it become an annual event? We're all trying to do something here, and I would be honored to lend support to any such future event.

Having participated in the journey to Weleetka I can only speak for myself, but suffice it to say that it was a very positive experience for me. Not only did I make forever friendships with several beautiful, caring individuals but I found the visit to the memorial site very uplifting and brought me peace. I was not expecting that. I actually felt at peace there. There were so many wonderful memories I took home with me, it would take me hours to recount them all. I will never forget this experience. Sometimes taking a chance is worth it. I took it and I haven't looked back.

k4kathy
01-07-2009, 10:52 AM
XPA,I would like to see an annual event as well.Would it be possible to plan some type of rememberance for June'8th?

Claycat
01-07-2009, 11:36 AM
We have been discussing this, K4kathy! As the time draws nearer, I'm sure there will be something in the works!

XPA Magnet
01-07-2009, 11:37 AM
XPA,I would like to see an annual event as well.Would it be possible to plan some type of rememberance for June'8th?

K - This should probably be discussed on that thread in the future. Also, we might defer to the thoughts of those who organized last November's Walk. The rest of the world will do whatever they will do every June 8th. Keeping a November or autumn date for a separate annual event might work better for the original Walkers, plus their additional goodwill won't get lost in the shuffle of whatever else is going on in June. Let's see what they think!