PDA

View Full Version : Regroup/Refocus for 2013

Pages : [1] 2

Cubby
12-01-2008, 08:48 PM
I almost typed 1999, lol.

Much has been suggested over the last few years that has fallen by the wayside as other more promising leads have presented themselves. Without digging through old threads to recall them or search if they have been completed, I would like to start this thread as a means to relist them and check off they have been done. I would prefer to keep as little discussion here as possible and discussion where it belongs on the general thread currently "Searching for Anna part ?".

Here are a few I recall.

1)FBI files on Dr. Waters ( Doogie recently posted he would be doing this)

2)Passport info, info that LE can request without a court order. Annasmom sent a letter to LE sometime over the summer of 07 without reply as I recall. Can we request this again? We can compose a letter for them, they simply need to add to their letterhead.

3)Email Campaign. We were going to look at some kind of file that can not be changed or adjusted and sent out with Anna's info.

4)Fliers. It has been mentioned their is little in the budget for this currently. There are members here at WS who are fantastic at making fliers and adding a link for them for anyone to use(both to print out and add to myspace or other places). I have seen other members offer to print off say 50 or 100 and send them. I am sure we can find some very generous WS members here who are able to do this.

5)I would like to see if Annasmom can get the complete file on Annas disappearance. More than just the one page. I am sure more than one page exists.

Please add other suggestions, or avenues which fell by the wayside here.

thanks! Let's regroup Annas search for 09!

Cubby
12-01-2008, 08:52 PM
It was also mentioned at one time annasmom was thinking of putting fliers out in the Tenderloin district. I certainly understand not wanting to trapse ( right word?) that area alone. Do we have any bay area members who are willing to pass fliers out in that area? I would love to.. 'cept I am clear across the country in the Chgo area.

and what area's specifically would be beneficial to post fliers in that area? either certain street area's, the hospitals GW previously worked in? just tossing out idea's.

Annasmom
12-01-2008, 09:04 PM
I almost typed 1999, lol.

Much has been suggested over the last few years that has fallen by the wayside as other more promising leads have presented themselves. Without digging through old threads to recall them or search if they have been completed, I would like to start this thread as a means to relist them and check off they have been done. I would prefer to keep as little discussion here as possible and discussion where it belongs on the general thread currently "Searching for Anna part ?".

Here are a few I recall.

1)FBI files on Dr. Waters ( Doogie recently posted he would be doing this)

2)Passport info, info that LE can request without a court order. Annasmom sent a letter to LE sometime over the summer of 07 without reply as I recall. Can we request this again? We can compose a letter for them, they simply need to add to their letterhead.

3)Email Campaign. We were going to look at some kind of file that can not be changed or adjusted and sent out with Anna's info.

4)Fliers. It has been mentioned their is little in the budget for this currently. There are members here at WS who are fantastic at making fliers and adding a link for them for anyone to use(both to print out and add to myspace or other places). I have seen other members offer to print off say 50 or 100 and send them. I am sure we can find some very generous WS members here who are able to do this.

5)I would like to see if Annasmom can get the complete file on Annas disappearance. More than just the one page. I am sure more than one page exists.

Please add other suggestions, or avenues which fell by the wayside here.

thanks! Let's regroup Annas search for 09!

Doogie will look into the possibility of a file on either GW or GB under the Freedom of Information Act. I am sorry to say that we cannot expect any help at all from the San Mateo sheriff's office unless we come up with concrete proof that a crime was committed. Our original contact there has moved on to another job.

I asked for and received the entire police report, but it does not add substantially to what we already know. We are not allowed to publish this on line. I have all GW's passport information. The State Department will not divulge any information as to whether a passport was ever issued for Anna because of the privacy laws.

I do think it's a great idea to regroup here, and certainly I am open to suggestions as to how to proceed. I don't know what ever happened to that NCMEC program which planned to distribute flyers, but I signed all the releases for that and assume that it was done. It would not surprise me to learn that they have had to manage on a smaller staff than usual.

Thank you, Cubby.

anne11
12-04-2008, 10:25 AM
What about the information from airline about the voyage GW took, would there be anyway to pursue this?

SherlockJr
12-04-2008, 10:41 AM
What about the information from airline about the voyage GW took, would there be anyway to pursue this?

IIRC, Sidekick contacted the records warehouse in St. Louis and was told they weren't available yet. My understanding was they were to put these records on microfilm. SK, can you elaborate or follow up?

SideKick
12-04-2008, 03:39 PM
IIRC, Sidekick contacted the records warehouse in St. Louis and was told they weren't available yet. My understanding was they were to put these records on microfilm. SK, can you elaborate or follow up?

From what I recall, Doogie said he called the warehouse and yes they were updating their files. They said to call back at a later date when they were put on microfilm, however, I don't think this has been followed up yet. Let me followup with Dr. Doogie on this.

SKick.:p

Mischa
12-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi@all :-)

As I see you are preparing your agenda for the next year.
I hope this isnít too cheeky, but I would like to add an item:

There was a story in one of the threads about a woman, who came forward telling something very interesting. When she was a teenager in the early seventies, she met a little girl,who told her, that the man she was with was not her father and that she had been taken from the mom.

As far I remember the teenager and the little girl met, because the teenagerís father was the landlord of the little girlís family. The teenaged girl didnít tell authorities, because she was afraid of her own fatherís reaction (and of course because of she was not sure if she could believe the much younger childís story.)

What became of this lead?

To me it sounds quite likely and credible that a small girl in such a situation would choose a teenaged girl as a confident. Put yourself for a moment in the little girlís shoes. If she tells other children her story, they probably will believe her, but they cannot help her. And the adults, who could help her, would not believe her. So I think itís possible, that the little girl told the truth.

Is it possible to follow this lead or did you loose the contact to the informant?

These are my five cents. ;-)

M.

Annasmom
12-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi@all :-)

As I see you are preparing your agenda for the next year.
I hope this isnít too cheeky, but I would like to add an item:

There was a story in one of the threads about a woman, who came forward telling something very interesting. When she was a teenager in the early seventies, she met a little girl,who told her, that the man she was with was not her father and that she had been taken from the mom.

As far I remember the teenager and the little girl met, because the teenagerís father was the landlord of the little girlís family. The teenaged girl didnít tell authorities, because she was afraid of her own fatherís reaction (and of course because of she was not sure if she could believe the much younger childís story.)

What became of this lead?

To me it sounds quite likely and credible that a small girl in such a situation would choose a teenaged girl as a confident. Put yourself for a moment in the little girlís shoes. If she tells other children her story, they probably will believe her, but they cannot help her. And the adults, who could help her, would not believe her. So I think itís possible, that the little girl told the truth.

Is it possible to follow this lead or did you loose the contact to the informant?

These are my five cents. ;-)

M.

Mischa, SherlockJr has spoken by telephone with this woman a number of times. She tried quite a number of searches suggested by this woman's story, but the facts were quite vague and we were not able to pin down anything solid. The last thing Sherlock did was to ask whether the woman would be able to identify the man from a picture, but the informant did not believe she would be able to do this.

I searched old copies of the local paper to try to confirm part of her story (the fact that there had been several robberies in the neighborhood, and that these robberies stopped that same year after a Sheriff's department substation was put in near the neighborhood).

The book, Searching for Anna, has some information on this woman and her story.

rideforfun
12-05-2008, 11:10 AM
whew -- I've been locked out for a bit but still reading and praying daily. I also think the girl who thought she had talked to Anna was our best lead. I'd like to have us try to talk to police officers who were around at that time. The robberies were real and I think the police might have had suspects even if they were never charged. Seems to me the police are usually pretty in the know about the shady characters in their area. I think if we go back to the robberies we might generate more leads that could help us find the man.

Blessings to all.

Cubby
12-05-2008, 05:08 PM
whew -- I've been locked out for a bit but still reading and praying daily. I also think the girl who thought she had talked to Anna was our best lead. I'd like to have us try to talk to police officers who were around at that time. The robberies were real and I think the police might have had suspects even if they were never charged. Seems to me the police are usually pretty in the know about the shady characters in their area. I think if we go back to the robberies we might generate more leads that could help us find the man.

Blessings to all.

This is an excellent idea. IIRC, the informant was able to provide a first name for this man but not a last name and her father was too old/ill at the time to provide any additional information. It would be interesting to know if any of the robbery suspects shared the first name with this man.

Also, I don't recall if the informant was ever able to provide a list of her fathers rental properties and whether or not we were able to track any of them via property records with his name if she didn't have a complete list. Maybe we can trace his former tenents via that route.

Cubby
12-07-2008, 09:33 PM
I dug into some of the old threads ( first searching for Anna thread from 06-pg 2 of the forum) last night looking for something else and ran across a post in which Doogie mentioned that the District attorneys office might have another file. That they looked into Anna being Sharon Marshall and some additional relevent info might be found in this file. I wasn't able to find where that was ever answered. Is this still pending or was this resolved?

NJshrink
12-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Although I haven't posted recently due to work and family commitments, I have tried to read discussions. I wonder if you might try to access states with open adoption records here in the U.S., especially where GW or GB might have had contacts or ties. If GW were involved with Anna's disappearance, it is likely he presented that her mother was dead and he would sign all documents. It is also likely that he may have had connections to unscrupulous adoption agencies, lawyers and doctors. While I won't rule out the international route to "disappear" Anna, it would have been much more difficult, especially with short notice.

youshouldveknown
12-29-2008, 12:49 AM
Were there any theories that didn't involve the two George's? I think it's the most promising theory, but just to cover all bases...

Also, after Anna's disappearance, when was the last time you (Annasmom) saw or spoke to either of the George's? I know this has been asked before, but I think it'd be good to have in the regrouping thread.

Annasmom
12-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Were there any theories that didn't involve the two George's? I think it's the most promising theory, but just to cover all bases...

Also, after Anna's disappearance, when was the last time you (Annasmom) saw or spoke to either of the George's? I know this has been asked before, but I think it'd be good to have in the regrouping thread.

Since we have no hard evidence for any theory, other scenarios are certainly possible, some of them more likely than others. I never spoke to or saw either of the Georges after GW left home before Anna's first birthday. I didn't even know where they lived, since support checks for Anna had a post office box as the return address. Joe Ford saw GW briefly as a patient in one of the clinics he worked for. Since Annasbro had accompanied Joe, GW had to know that there was a connection.

NJshrink
01-04-2009, 04:10 AM
Since GW and both his parents are now deceased, I wonder if some of his extended family members might be approached again in the event that they might really know something and might be willing to speak more freely at this point in time than previously.

A second random middle of the night thought is whether it might make sense to approach a reputable psychic like Noreen Rayner or some one else who has been known to work successfully with the police.

Happy New Year to all!

Annasmom
01-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Since GW and both his parents are now deceased, I wonder if some of his extended family members might be approached again in the event that they might really know something and might be willing to speak more freely at this point in time than previously.

A second random middle of the night thought is whether it might make sense to approach a reputable psychic like Noreen Rayner or some one else who has been known to work successfully with the police.

Happy New Year to all!

Sometimes those middle-of-the-night thoughts give us another perspective. We have been actively in touch with the family all along, and they have told us what little they knew. Remember that they also had very little contact with GW after he "severed relations" with them, and that they never even met Brody, as far as I know.

I had another call today from Congresswoman Jackie Speier's office to the effect that they were staying in touch with LE and offering to assist them in obtaining passport information. They said that they had another resource which they will make available if State Department is not forthcoming with some kind of information before too long.

SideKick
01-06-2009, 09:14 PM
I had another call today from Congresswoman Jackie Speier's office to the effect that they were staying in touch with LE and offering to assist them in obtaining passport information. They said that they had another resource which they will make available if State Department is not forthcoming with some kind of information before too long.[/QUOTE]

Annasmom.... This is such good news, and exciting too. Lets hope and pray something positive becomes of the request. If Anna were indeed taken out of the country, and the country is stated which it should then we can conquer a whole other world of sleuthing looking for sweet Anna. I'd love to know why on earth they wouldn't do this for a child missing...

Hugs for 2009!!

:cheerful:

DewSeeker
01-07-2009, 09:28 PM
That is such exciting news Annasmom!

smile22
01-10-2009, 03:03 PM
i was on face book just now and got a request to join a cause i totaly forgotten that they had causes on face book. anything from missing children to cancer and much more. you can start a cause .i even found one for websleuths with one member i am now the second member. what if we started a cause page for anna?. a lot of people have face book it would get her info out to a whole lot more people and maybe someone on fb might recognize the age progression photos of anna?. anyone think this is a good idea

Annasmom
01-10-2009, 08:09 PM
i was on face book just now and got a request to join a cause i totaly forgotten that they had causes on face book. anything from missing children to cancer and much more. you can start a cause .i even found one for websleuths with one member i am now the second member. what if we started a cause page for anna?. a lot of people have face book it would get her info out to a whole lot more people and maybe someone on fb might recognize the age progression photos of anna?. anyone think this is a good idea
Hi, Smile. Your posts always make ME smile. It's a good idea, and also people can sign up as friends of Anna Christian Waters, since she is listed on Facebook with the age-advanced picture. I got a notice from FB today saying that she might be a relative of mine! I certainly hope so, though I have no idea how their computers came to this conclusion.

SherlockJr
01-15-2009, 09:57 AM

Blessings to all.

Welcome back rideforfun! This is a good idea to get a list of suspect names. I'm almost sure the detectives won't release the information. Is there a way to find names of people who were arrested for theft or kidnapping from 1972 to 1977? As far as I know the detectives have not even contacted the tipster who believed she spoke with Anna.

Gina_M
01-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi everyone,

After a long hiatus, I am finally back online! I just moved (again) and it took forever to get my phone and internet service working. Smile, thanks for posting about the WS cause on Facebook. I've been using Facebook but I didn't know about the WS cause! I just joined it. Annasmom, I wonder if one of your family members on Facebook tagged Anna's Facebook profile and said she was their relative. Sometimes if you have a mutual relative the system will notify you that this person may be related to you. Facebook seems to be overtaking MySpace in popularity...another great way to get the word out about missing persons!

skywatchn
01-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Since we have no hard evidence for any theory, other scenarios are certainly possible, some of them more likely than others. I never spoke to or saw either of the Georges after GW left home before Anna's first birthday. I didn't even know where they lived, since support checks for Anna had a post office box as the return address. Joe Ford saw GW briefly as a patient in one of the clinics he worked for. Since Annasbro had accompanied Joe, GW had to know that there was a connection.

Did either of the Georges know what Anna looked like? Did They ever see pictures of her? If not wouldn't it have been harder for them to identify Anna (for certain) if they had taken her, since there were other cars and possibly other children for all they would have known at your home the day Anna disappeared? (Unless successful surveillace had taken place)

Annasmom
01-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Did either of the Georges know what Anna looked like? Did They ever see pictures of her? If not wouldn't it have been harder for them to identify Anna (for certain) if they had taken her, since there were other cars and possibly other children for all they would have known at your home the day Anna disappeared? (Unless successful surveillace had taken place)
I really don't have the answer to this one. When her father left home, Anna was less than a year old and didn't have the blonde curly hair, so I'd say she looked pretty different at age five. On the other hand, there were no other children close to her age living on Purisima Creek Road at that time, and the Georges did have the address, so they could have driven by at any time. GW knew what the boys looked like, of course, and Anna was often with them.

Annasmom
01-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi everyone,

After a long hiatus, I am finally back online! I just moved (again) and it took forever to get my phone and internet service working. Smile, thanks for posting about the WS cause on Facebook. I've been using Facebook but I didn't know about the WS cause! I just joined it. Annasmom, I wonder if one of your family members on Facebook tagged Anna's Facebook profile and said she was their relative. Sometimes if you have a mutual relative the system will notify you that this person may be related to you. Facebook seems to be overtaking MySpace in popularity...another great way to get the word out about missing persons!
Welcome back, Gina. I think almost every member of my family is on Facebook!

madge
03-19-2009, 05:56 PM
What about this new thing called Twitter. It is some new internet thing with followers...maybe Anna's story could be put up on Twitter and see if any response.

Annasmom
03-19-2009, 07:11 PM
What about this new thing called Twitter. It is some new internet thing with followers...maybe Anna's story could be put up on Twitter and see if any response.
If anybody knows how to do this, it couldn't hurt. I think it mostly reaches people who use their cell phones a lot, which leaves me out. Also, we want to think about the annoyance factor...we don't want to be spammers.

SideKick
03-19-2009, 07:12 PM

Hi Madge and Welcome!!

I have put Anna's full name on Twitter... it's a one liner / sentence one can put on Twitter at a time.. I have also included her site email. www.searchingforanna.com ... we'll see, so far no followers... but I just did it! I recommend everyone open a Twitter site and do the same.. more the better!

SKick

SideKick
04-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Tip Number

I would like to get feedback if we had 'tip line', would this perhaps enhance someone out there knowing 'something'.... to perhaps call? I don't know what this would cost, or if it is at all possible for a missing person's organization to sponser the number.... just tossing the idea out there. Makes you wonder who really reads here ...

Annasmom
04-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Tip Number

I would like to get feedback if we had 'tip line', would this perhaps enhance someone out there knowing 'something'.... to perhaps call? I don't know what this would cost, or if it is at all possible for a missing person's organization to sponser the number.... just tossing the idea out there. Makes you wonder who really reads here ...
I'm not sure what you mean by tip line, SideKick, but the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has a number and a web site for reporting information, etc. I agree with you that our readers here seem to be experiencing "Anna fatigue". It is frustrating, having looked at so many different things, hundreds, without the slightest clue. I think some members may have welcomed the Astros' reading just as a way to stop thinking about it. But I am following the opinion of Gerry Nance of the NCMEC that Anna may still be out there somewhere, and I can't give up.

SherlockJr
04-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Tip Number

Not a bad idea, but I do want to mention that I have received several tips by e-mail from people who contacted us from searchingforanna website. My guess is that these folks are not members of Websleuths, but probably follow the case from this forum.

SideKick
04-26-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by tip line, SideKick, but the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has a number and a web site for reporting information, etc. I agree with you that our readers here seem to be experiencing "Anna fatigue". It is frustrating, having looked at so many different things, hundreds, without the slightest clue. I think some members may have welcomed the Astros' reading just as a way to stop thinking about it. But I am following the opinion of Gerry Nance of the NCMEC that Anna may still be out there somewhere, and I can't give up.

Someone may know something and phone rather than email or contact an authority figure/organization. Just trying to simplify the means of hearing from a potential tip ...an old person knowing of Anna may feel that by phoning is the easier route...

Sk

Cubby
04-27-2009, 01:54 AM
I called NCMEC once for what I thought was a possible match for a runaway teen. It was an easy call and I offered to walk the person who I was speaking with through where I found the info. (wasn't a match, but sure was close same names, same birthdate) I believe NCMEC will take calls anonymously as well, just like Crime Stoppers will.

I'm not sure but I believe someone can call crimestoppers as well regarding a tip on Anna if they had one and crime stoppers would forward the info to NCMEC. Not 100% sure though.

I know emails are used also if someone has an email in there signature line here at WS if someone following Annas forum is unable to register here at WS.

FWIW, in the back of my mind I have always hoped and prayed after all these years someone would have a conscience and confess what they know about Anna's abduction, even if they do so anonymously. I don't know if the tip line for NCMEC is anonymous but the crime stoppers line IS anonymous. I also can't help but wonder if they read the forum as so many non registered people do.

hth

Annasmom
04-27-2009, 10:08 AM
I called NCMEC once for what I thought was a possible match for a runaway teen. It was an easy call and I offered to walk the person who I was speaking with through where I found the info. (wasn't a match, but sure was close same names, same birthdate) I believe NCMEC will take calls anonymously as well, just like Crime Stoppers will.

I'm not sure but I believe someone can call crimestoppers as well regarding a tip on Anna if they had one and crime stoppers would forward the info to NCMEC. Not 100% sure though.

I know emails are used also if someone has an email in there signature line here at WS if someone following Annas forum is unable to register here at WS.

FWIW, in the back of my mind I have always hoped and prayed after all these years someone would have a conscience and confess what they know about Anna's abduction, even if they do so anonymously. I don't know if the tip line for NCMEC is anonymous but the crime stoppers line IS anonymous. I also can't help but wonder if they read the forum as so many non registered people do.

hth

It may be worth noting again that the statute of limitations on kidnapping has expired, so that there would be no penalty for whoever may have taken her.

Dr. Doogie
04-27-2009, 11:29 AM
I have usually include my cell phone number and my email address when we have received media attention such as the HMB Review article from a couple of years ago. (It was via my cell phone that the tipster who claims to have met Anna two years after her disappearance contacted us.)

rideforfun
04-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Hello all. I've certainly not changed my focus by reading the astro report. I'm on this journey until Anna comes home.

As everyone knows I believe we need to go back to the break in's but we are lacking a "how" since so little information is known.

What about posting ads on-line, posters, newspaper that just asks for information about those break in's -- giving people a forum to tell long ago thoughts in a confidential manner. I don't think we need to specify that we are looking for "Bill" -- just that we are looking for information about break in's that happened between xxx and xxx in this area.

Shake the tree and see what comes out. It would be nice to offer a small reward for the information but I don't know how we would qualify the information since we would not be looking for a conviction or anything that restricts how awards are paid out in current cases. I hope that thought makes sense -- I'm just getting to the fact we couldn't pay a reward for someone calling and telling us something that may or may not be true and we don't have a way to know what is true.

If we got a address list for the areas affected by the break in's I could set up a mail merge letter and do a mailing. We are looking for a needle in a haystack but people likely have information about those events and we need to know it.

Blessings to all.

Annasmom
05-18-2009, 03:12 PM
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children sent Anna's photograph to the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center and to the National Vigil for Hope 2009 in April.

Dr. Doogie
05-19-2009, 12:41 PM
This week, there was an influx of readers here from the Zodiackiller.com site. One of the posters there had made the connection that one of the suspects in that case was a man born in the Phillipenes named George Waters and speculated that our GW may have been the same man (he is not). There is no connection to the cases, but welcome to those ZK.com posters who did visit and learn about Anna's disapperance. The more people who are aware of the case, the better chance that someone will remember something that will help!

Annasmom
06-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Happy birthday, Dr. Doogie!:HappyBday

SideKick
06-17-2009, 01:33 PM
:toast:

HAPPY Birthday Doogie!
Cheers!!

:partyguy:

Cubby
01-02-2010, 01:48 AM
Wow, I missed posting here for Doogies b-day... I think I must have in the JR. ;)

Alrighty, not to put Doogie on the spot, but I am hoping I might be able to convince him to make a little bit of a late New Years resolution. I know it has been tossed around to get the FBI file, or some file on GW via the FOIA..... can we try to do that this year? Maybe start it this month? I know you mentioned that takes a lot of work, and while I don't know exactly how much work that takes, it's been tossed around for a few years now. I am willing to help in any way I can! Just ask! TY! :truce:

Skully
01-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Cubby,

Can we get a thread for 2010? A regroup or new strategy Thread for 2010?

I emailed a company that makes facial recognition software. I am not computer savvy, but they sent me a link to download a trial version. I did read some of what it does; and it is amazing, but not sure if it will do what we need. I think that the trial is free, then $20 for a single computer to get the software. The expense is in the licensing. I think, not sure of what I read, I need a license to search servers or databases. I am going to call them to find out. If anyone is interested let me know and I will forward the email to you. It can search 1,500 faces per second. That's a lot of faces. I thought we could start with facebook or myspace with the age progression drawing to see if there were any matches. Also adoption databases? I don't know what files are private, but we can look into it as we go. Anyone want to help me out?

Hoping to put more things together for ideas to search and also to get media involved.

SideKick
01-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Bern, this is awesome, I am looking forward to the results!

Brilliant thinking!!

Cubby
01-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Good idea Bern,

What do you guys think of me changing this thread title from 2009 to 2010? I don't want to lose some of the idea's presented in this thread simply because 2009 is over- and because it's such a short thread.

The general thread is also available for thoughts,comments too.

thoughts? I'm open guys,

Skully
01-15-2010, 03:00 PM
I vote to change it to 2010 so if we get lurkers or new members they know to come here and we don't lose last years ideas!

Cubby
01-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Title changed. Bern, SherlockJr has been very active with the adoption databases etc. over the years. I would ask her advise on the adoption stuff, so she can better explain what she has done.

Also, if you have not already, I strongly recommend getting the book Annasmom wrote, there is a lot of info there which is not posted, and you won't be able to put the book down!

Skully
01-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Title changed. Bern, SherlockJr has been very active with the adoption databases etc. over the years. I would ask her advise on the adoption stuff, so she can better explain what she has done.

Also, if you have not already, I strongly recommend getting the book Annasmom wrote, there is a lot of info there which is not posted, and you won't be able to put the book down!

Thank you Cubby,

I do have the book and I did read it. I may read it again. There is lots here that is not in the book too. I am going to find out how one gains access to the databases with photos in them to compare with this software. I will have to call the company. I have no idea what to expect, I do know it can be done with myspace and facebook. But I want more, I want to find out if there is a library of photos of students. At some point in time, Anna had to have a school picture or a prom picture, something! So this is what I am going to work on for now. I wasted all day today trying to figure out that postcard and what was written on it. The only thing I could see was an "F" at the end of the top line that GB could have made. Other than that, I didn't see one thing you guys saw, :( I am moving on.....

OzzieMum
01-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Cubby,

Can we get a thread for 2010? A regroup or new strategy Thread for 2010?

I emailed a company that makes facial recognition software. I am not computer savvy, but they sent me a link to download a trial version. I did read some of what it does; and it is amazing, but not sure if it will do what we need. I think that the trial is free, then $20 for a single computer to get the software. The expense is in the licensing. I think, not sure of what I read, I need a license to search servers or databases. I am going to call them to find out. If anyone is interested let me know and I will forward the email to you. It can search 1,500 faces per second. That's a lot of faces. I thought we could start with facebook or myspace with the age progression drawing to see if there were any matches. Also adoption databases? I don't know what files are private, but we can look into it as we go. Anyone want to help me out?

Hoping to put more things together for ideas to search and also to get media involved.

Fantastic idea Bern. I'm happy to help if I can. Can you send me the email please. I'll PM you my email address.

Skully
01-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi All,

I emailed one of the representatives of the company, Luxand, and let them know why I need the software. They ask in the response email what I wanted to use it for. I explained in short that I wanted to run an progression drawing against any photos on myspace or facebook. I also inquired about costs and licensing.

I got a link for a download, but I don't want to enter a free trial and then find my credit card charged for the license. I don't mind $20 for the software, but it is nearly $3000 for a single license. It goes up depending on the license. So I am hoping they will run this photo for us. :)

The software is unreal. They have different types depending on what you want to do. You can age progress yourself, see what you kids will look like if you have children with your mate, and of course search faces on the internet.

I will keep you posted to my progress and responses.

Is anyone filling out a form for the Freedom of Information Act yet? If not, I don't mind doing that while I wait. I may need help from you all in getting information to fill out the paperwork, but if someone else is doing this, we don't want two of us doing the same thing.

If anyone is interested in forming groups of two or more to tackle different areas of interest we can do that as well. I would like to put something together that we could send off to the media outlets that would be aimed at getting attention back on this case. It would be a lot easier if we divided up tasks and had a target date to complete the package.

Let me know if anyone is interested or contact Cubby or Doogie.

Thanks
Bern

Cubby
01-16-2010, 03:48 PM
bern, I have not been able to look at the freedom of info stuff. Go for it! It may be awhile until I am able to get to it anyway, so please go right ahead!

I hope they will look up the pic too, 3000 is a lot of money!

OzzieMum
01-16-2010, 05:39 PM
If anyone is interested in forming groups of two or more to tackle different areas of interest we can do that as well. I would like to put something together that we could send off to the media outlets that would be aimed at getting attention back on this case. It would be a lot easier if we divided up tasks and had a target date to complete the package.

Thanks
Bern

The issue of ideas, leads, information etc, being overlooked or forgotten about has come up several times.

I have been looking into a way of compiling this information on an online database. Initially, it would be a lot of work to go through the threads and compile the information on the database but once it's done it would be a fantastic quick reference for us to check that things are not overlooked or buried in a thread somewhere. If there are a few other members that know how to build a database that would like to help, it probably wouldn't take too long to do it.

I'll use the thread "Possible matches for Anna" as an example. We can list all the names of people that have been suggested as possible matches, if they have been ruled out or not, if ruled out, the reason why and where ever possible a picture of the person (this would not be available to the general public and even if it came up in a google search they wouldn't be able to access it).

This database would not be available to lerkers, only members that are willing to provide their email address. You can also nominate who is allowed to add or alter information in the database.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Skully
01-16-2010, 07:07 PM
I like the idea of a place that would contain how has been ruled out and how we are currently looking at. It would keep us from overlapping and re-looking and well you know, save time.

I am going to put some ideas together this week and maybe do an outline of things we can get together to send off to the media. Then we can volunteer to tackle things that need done.

I will also check into the Freedom of Information Act as well. Annamom if I need infor I will email you :) Not sure what I will need to get information from the FBI, if only Nostradamus was still alive........

OzzieMum
01-16-2010, 07:35 PM
I like the idea of a place that would contain how has been ruled out and how we are currently looking at. It would keep us from overlapping and re-looking and well you know, save time.

I am going to put some ideas together this week and maybe do an outline of things we can get together to send off to the media. Then we can volunteer to tackle things that need done.

I will also check into the Freedom of Information Act as well. Annamom if I need infor I will email you :) Not sure what I will need to get information from the FBI, if only Nostradamus was still alive........

I was thinking, as well as the mainstream media maybe we should contact a couple of the true crime shows. Maybe even suggest they start a new show exclusively for missing people.

Skully
01-16-2010, 09:58 PM
I think true crime show would be great! I was also thinking 48 hours as they have film footage that they didn't use (Annasmom pointed that out to me) also AMW, Dr. Phil. because he has so many resources and could give some great insight on the psychological side of this case.

I will work on an outline of what we need and maybe we can look at it and add to it or edit it. Then we can get started on getting others to help so we divide up the work and get it going. I really think if we come up with a package of information that we can send out to different media outlets we have a better chance of catching some fish :)

OzzieMum
01-17-2010, 12:45 AM
I think true crime show would be great! I was also thinking 48 hours as they have film footage that they didn't use (Annasmom pointed that out to me) also AMW, Dr. Phil. because he has so many resources and could give some great insight on the psychological side of this case.

I will work on an outline of what we need and maybe we can look at it and add to it or edit it. Then we can get started on getting others to help so we divide up the work and get it going. I really think if we come up with a package of information that we can send out to different media outlets we have a better chance of catching some fish :)

I've already tried Oprah several and so has Annasmom and others and no one has had a response. I have also tried Oprah's book club for Searching for Anna and I have email one of our largest book stores here in Australia (must follow this up as I did it just before Christmas). Someone emailed Dr Phil just recently also but I don't know what came of that, might have to have a look at the media thread to see who sent it (I can't remember) and follow that up too.

Skully
01-17-2010, 08:52 AM
I know that with Dr. Phil, just because you get a no or not interested doesn't mean you shouldn't ask again. His producers have reconsidered shows in the past and did them. So that is why I want a package that contains all the really important things that pertain to his show. The book, the letters, the characters and anything of interest to a producer of a show. The more photos the better. We need a great cover letter! We need to make this stand out from all the other people wanting a spot on his show. I know it sounds cold, but it is about rating first with the producer, fixing problems is second. It may not be that way with him and Robin, but it goes through the producers first.

AMW is a long shot, there is so much crime that is current that they focus on things and people that can be caught, but you never know.

48 Hours would be a follow up sort of case. We present the mystery side of the case, the unsolved side because that is what they are about.

So the package can be the same, but the cover letters must appeal to the show producers.

Skully
01-17-2010, 09:09 AM
I did a USPEOPLE search on E.W. (you all know the name) Are we still interested in her? I found several and I want to do the background check, but would like to narrow it down, for $ reasons.

Which one is my best bet?

San Francisco, CA - no age listed or possible relatives
Pacifica CA- no age listed or possible relatives

or Green Bay, WI - (age 99 ) has a relative listed as Anna Wanek - I emailed this woman by the way, age 45, no response. Other names of this family are on the E.W thread. I listed them. But no connection to CA as far as I can see.

Once I get the report there will be possible relatives, old address, neighbors, all kinds of stuff, credit reports too. If it is available to them, it will show up. I just don't know which one I should start with to cut down on $.

Annasmom
01-17-2010, 12:22 PM
I know that with Dr. Phil, just because you get a no or not interested doesn't mean you shouldn't ask again. His producers have reconsidered shows in the past and did them. So that is why I want a package that contains all the really important things that pertain to his show. The book, the letters, the characters and anything of interest to a producer of a show. The more photos the better. We need a great cover letter! We need to make this stand out from all the other people wanting a spot on his show. I know it sounds cold, but it is about rating first with the producer, fixing problems is second. It may not be that way with him and Robin, but it goes through the producers first.

AMW is a long shot, there is so much crime that is current that they focus on things and people that can be caught, but you never know.

48 Hours would be a follow up sort of case. We present the mystery side of the case, the unsolved side because that is what they are about.

So the package can be the same, but the cover letters must appeal to the show producers.

I still think 48 Hours is our best bet because they already have a considerable investment in the story, plus lots of video footage they took three years ago on site. I can't remember the name of the producer. The reason they didn't use the material was that the DNA match we were anticipating did not happen--it wasn't a match--but I think someone could make a case for the mystery as it stands.

Skully
01-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Just to let you know, I did go to the site and I am not sure what forms I need to send in. I do know I will need SSN and proof of death on GW. I did call and left a message for them to call me back. So if some one has this information can you pm me? This way I can save a bit of time.

Annasmom
01-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Just to let you know, I did go to the site and I am not sure what forms I need to send in. I do know I will need SSN and proof of death on GW. I did call and left a message for them to call me back. So if some one has this information can you pm me? This way I can save a bit of time.
Bern, I'll PM copies of the documents to you.

Skully
01-18-2010, 04:13 PM
I wrote to David Lohr to inquire about getting Anna's story told in this new show that is airing on I.D. Discovery called Disappeared. They are not doing the high profile cases, it looks like they are doing cases that need the media attention, the ones you don't know the name. I gave him a bit of the background about the case and ask that he direct me to the correct contact person to get a place on this show.

I am still putting together things that I want to include in a package to send off to different stations.

OzzieMum
01-18-2010, 04:21 PM
I wrote to David Lohr to inquire about getting Anna's story told in this new show that is airing on I.D. Discovery called Disappeared. They are not doing the high profile cases, it looks like they are doing cases that need the media attention, the ones you don't know the name. I gave him a bit of the background about the case and ask that he direct me to the correct contact person to get a place on this show.

I am still putting together things that I want to include in a package to send off to different stations.

Great work Bern. Hope it pans out.

Cubby
01-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Awesome Bern! I am going to pray we can get this done!

Skully
01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
I have a feeling one of these things will pan out. :)

SideKick
01-18-2010, 05:04 PM
I have a feeling one of these things will pan out. :)

Excellent Bern! :-)
Nice work

David_Lohr
01-18-2010, 10:03 PM
I wrote to David Lohr to inquire about getting Anna's story told in this new show that is airing on I.D. Discovery called Disappeared.

Hi,

Discovery actually bought that show from another network that had produced it but for whatever reason decided not to air it. Not sure if there will be a second season or if ID will be more involved. It will probably depend on the ratings.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Regards,

David

--
www.davidlohr.net

Skully
01-20-2010, 01:49 PM
We can cross off another thing on our "to do" list.

I left a message with the FBI about correct forms to fill out and they called me back today. Actually they called me yesterday, but I missed the call and they called me about an hour ago. Anna's mom sent me the proper documents via email and I printed them out, printed out the forms for the FBI FOIA and they are now in the mail.

They get about 14,000 requests a year, so he told me it could be months or up to a year to send any information. But if there are no files we will hear sooner. So let's pray for files that will help us with another lead to where Anna is.

Skully
01-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Hi,

Discovery actually bought that show from another network that had produced it but for whatever reason decided not to air it. Not sure if there will be a second season or if ID will be more involved. It will probably depend on the ratings.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Regards,

David

--
www.davidlohr.net

David thank you for your response. You are always a huge help to us. We did find an address and a name of one of the producers from three years ago and will be sending him a letter via snail mail. Thank you again.

Skully
01-20-2010, 04:27 PM
I got a letter sent off to the producer at 48 Hours. We can cross that off the list too. :)

Next Dr. Phil and Robin.....

Cubby
01-20-2010, 07:14 PM

Thanks Bern! I appreciate you getting on this as quickly as you have!
(my error on the edit message from me on your post I quoted.... I accidently hit edit insted of quote initially, whoops)

Skully
01-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Things are moving right along, we need to keep trucking..... I think we should see if we can narrow down which EW we want to do a background on. There may be something there, never know.

Cubby
01-21-2010, 02:21 AM
Things are moving right along, we need to keep trucking..... I think we should see if we can narrow down which EW we want to do a background on. There may be something there, never know.

I believe there is additional discussion regarding Evelyn Wanek in the Searching for Anna part 2 thread which is on page two of this forum. You might want to see what has been done in that thread.

Seaching for Anna, Part 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Cubby
01-21-2010, 10:58 PM
I looked and looked and looked earlier today at flicker, and I can not for the life of me find the old links to the yahoo photos from Doogies photo album which were transfered to flicker. Anyone want to take a stab at it? TIA

Annasmom
01-21-2010, 11:41 PM
I looked and looked and looked earlier today at flicker, and I can not for the life of me find the old links to the yahoo photos from Doogies photo album which were transfered to flicker. Anyone want to take a stab at it? TIA
I have quite a few of these on my WS album (go to Private messages, look for albums on the left side of the page) if you can't find them on Flicker.

Cubby
01-21-2010, 11:48 PM
I have quite a few of these on my WS album (go to Private messages, look for albums on the left side of the page) if you can't find them on Flicker.

Thank you Annasmom. There was more than just the pictures on flicker... some of the older pics of GW, some of the notes and stuff. Maybe if we knew what doogies screen name or user name was from the yahoo account we could find the flickr account. Unless of course it goes poof after an amount of time of inactivity like Photobucket now does.

thanks!

Annasmom
01-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Thank you Annasmom. There was more than just the pictures on flicker... some of the older pics of GW, some of the notes and stuff. Maybe if we knew what doogies screen name or user name was from the yahoo account we could find the flickr account. Unless of course it goes poof after an amount of time of inactivity like Photobucket now does.

thanks!
Help, DrDoogie!

Cubby
01-22-2010, 04:07 PM
I might be able to find it if I could remember what Doogies yahoo user name was for that account. I may look in that direction when I get a minute or two.... before the end of the weekend for sure.

:doh: Actually, I was going to search the forum and see if I can find doogies yahoo user name that way.... I may be able to.

Cubby
01-23-2010, 01:21 AM
Found it! and added to the vital statistics and case details sticky thread also.

link to flickr account

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11624535@N08/sets/72157601489072011/

OzzieMum
01-23-2010, 02:04 AM
Found it! and added to the vital statistics and case details sticky thread also.

link to flickr account

Well done Cubby.

There's a photo on there of a little girl with a lady drying her hair and it says 'potential match'. Do you know what that is all about?

Cubby
01-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Well done Cubby.

There's a photo on there of a little girl with a lady drying her hair and it says 'potential match'. Do you know what that is all about?

This was a picture that was found of a young girl who was a member of Synnanon, she was initially brought to our attention from someone searching for Rose Cole, as Rose was sent to Synannon and went missing from Synannon.

The discussion regarding the Synannon theory is discussed in this thread:

Theory #5: Possible Cult Involvement (Synannon, People's Temple, etc.) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community and is most likely still in the earliest Searching for Anna threads.

It is believed this girl is not Anna. Someone contacted someone who was a member of Synannon and informed us this little girl was born in synannon adn they knew her parents. I forget the childs name, but someone had it. The rule out was based on the information received from the former Synnanon member, but I still have lingering doubts in the back of my mind. I think this little girl strongly resembles the younger of Anna's two older brothers. There is a photo of Anna, her mom, Joe Ford and her two older brothers here: (page 11)
http://www.searchingforanna.com/images/SFA-PDFrev29May07.pdf

There has been recent activity, (2 posts) from a new WS member who was at Synannon in the early 70's at the Rose Cole thread.
Synanon-The People Business - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
It's unlikely that this new WS member would recognize this girl, but I'm including this here just in case we want to try and inquire about this little girl again.

Annasmom
01-23-2010, 01:52 PM
This was a picture that was found of a young girl who was a member of Synnanon, she was initially brought to our attention from someone searching for Rose Cole, as Rose was sent to Synannon and went missing from Synannon.

The discussion regarding the Synannon theory is discussed in this thread:

Theory #5: Possible Cult Involvement (Synannon, People's Temple, etc.) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49745) and is most likely still in the earliest Searching for Anna threads.

It is believed this girl is not Anna. Someone contacted someone who was a member of Synannon and informed us this little girl was born in synannon adn they knew her parents. I forget the childs name, but someone had it. The rule out was based on the information received from the former Synnanon member, but I still have lingering doubts in the back of my mind. I think this little girl strongly resembles the younger of Anna's two older brothers. There is a photo of Anna, her mom, Joe Ford and her two older brothers here: (page 11)
http://www.searchingforanna.com/images/SFA-PDFrev29May07.pdf

There has been recent activity, (2 posts) from a new WS member who was at Synannon in the early 70's at the Rose Cole thread.
Synanon-The People Business - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49762)
It's unlikely that this new WS member would recognize this girl, but I'm including this here just in case we want to try and inquire about this little girl again.
I thought we found out that this was a little boy and that his name was Christian.

Cubby
01-23-2010, 02:26 PM
I thought we found out that this was a little boy and that his name was Christian.

Thank you for refreshing my memory Annasmom. However, if this was a little boy, why would he be in the womans bathroom/locker room? Unless this was a coed locker room/dressing area. And did the young boys at Synannon wear their hair that long?

Lets decide if we should review this possible match, and if so, let's continue the discussion in the appropriate thread. Thanks! (If so, I can move the posts from this thread regarding this possible match to the appropriate thread.)

Skully
01-23-2010, 02:33 PM

link to flickr account

Is that GB's HS picture??????

Cubby
01-23-2010, 02:36 PM
No, we don't have any pictures of GB's high school photo's. Which picture are you refering to?

Whoops, no that is a different GB, not our GB.

Skully
01-23-2010, 02:37 PM
In the flicker photos there is a page of students and one on the right says GB

Annasmom
01-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Thank you for refreshing my memory Annasmom. However, if this was a little boy, why would he be in the womans bathroom/locker room? Unless this was a coed locker room/dressing area. And did the young boys at Synannon wear their hair that long?

Lets decide if we should review this possible match, and if so, let's continue the discussion in the appropriate thread. Thanks! (If so, I can move the posts from this thread regarding this possible match to the appropriate thread.)
Both girls and boys wore their hair long in those days. I need to make an index of Forum posts, because it is getting so difficult to find things (actually a nice problem to have) with so much information here, but I am quite sure we contacted somebody from Synanon who knew this child and the child's parents, who were members of the group.

Cubby
01-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Utilizing the WS search feature also works well, especially when limiting the search to this specific part of the forum. I don't know how long it takes on dial up, but it works quite well for me. hth!

Also, as I run across them, outside of the general discussion threads, I am trying to move posts to the appropriate forum to keep things semi organized. hth!

OzzieMum
01-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Both girls and boys wore their hair long in those days. I need to make an index of Forum posts, because it is getting so difficult to find things (actually a nice problem to have) with so much information here, but I am quite sure we contacted somebody from Synanon who knew this child and the child's parents, who were members of the group.

Hi Annasmom,

I agree, it's getting very hard to find things in here. I'm going to start a database in the next couple of weeks that we will be able to use as a quick reference guide.

My post #51 in this thread explains this a bit more.

Ozziemum

Odyssey
02-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Ok this is what I can think of for a "To Do" list. I didn't read through all the old threads so some of these may have been done already?

1) Get in contact with Maureen, niece of Evelyn Wanek, to see if she has any recollection of GB or Anna

2) Contact TWA in St Louis to see if records have been indexed yet

3) Contact Barbers Union to see if they keep membership lists

4) Check city directories to find out how early GB was in East Bay (I will do this)

5) Contact Alameda County Courthouse to request record of picketing incident 1941

6) Look for hotels where GB/GW stayed and see if any owner or manager might remember them (you never know, the landlord at 1006 Noe did)

7) Contact the National Archives and request 1940 census record for GB - he would have been living in Oakland

8) Contact the crematory associated with MK and see if GB's handwriting is on the documents

9) Try to get a member of LE to request passport info on Anna

10) Look for hat shop in San Francisco where GB may have bought hats

11) Check with CA Controller's office to see if they have any info on the deposit box that the bank may not. I'm sure any old GB can't just go claim it, they have to have SOME info

will post more if they come to mind

Cubby
02-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Yes, your above post is exactly what this thread was intended for! Basically to cover what has been overlooked over the years and either not updated on the forum as to resolution or still needs further follow up.

9, 10 and 11 have been done.

9-Annasmom got information back from the detective working the case indicating no passport was ever issued for Anna under her real name. We wouldn't have a way to determine what name she may have had a passport issued under a 'fake name' so unless we find evidence of what name was given Anna after she was abducted we could not do anymore with this.

10- Someone made contact with the hat shop GB purchased hats from, or one that was found that GB bought hats from, and they replied saying they had no records of GB and no way to get the information requested.

11- IIRC, the unclaimed funds are what the comptrollers office recieved. The papers were destroyed by the bank before they were turned over to the comptrollers office. IIRC it was Doogie who did and verified this.

hth

SherlockJr
02-05-2010, 08:34 PM
#8 was also completed by me. Someone help me here, IIRC they would not release any info.

SherlockJr
02-05-2010, 08:35 PM
#1 was completed by InterestedWoman. IW, if you're still around could you verify this?

Cubby
02-05-2010, 08:38 PM
#8 was also completed by me. Someone help me here, IIRC they would not release any info.

I just ran into this post of yours today. It is in the where did George and Margaret meet thread. Either they had no information or they would release no information.

Odyssey
02-05-2010, 08:40 PM
11- IIRC, the unclaimed funds are what the comptrollers office recieved. The papers were destroyed by the bank before they were turned over to the comptrollers office. IIRC it was Doogie who did and verified this.

hth

hmm... so it sounds like anyone who happens to be named George Brody could claim it... since the controller's office would have nothing to verify if they have no info themselves.

Cubby
02-05-2010, 08:45 PM
#1 was completed by InterestedWoman. IW, if you're still around could you verify this?

It looks like this was the last post from iW regarding contacting MG. Doesn't look like she ever replied whether it was completed or not.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Evelyn Wanek

iW did you ever complete this?

Cubby
02-05-2010, 08:48 PM
hmm... so it sounds like anyone who happens to be named George Brody could claim it... since the controller's office would have nothing to verify if they have no info themselves.

I'm sure not anybody... I'm sure the CA-CO has info which they would keep confidential to verify the rightful owner. I don't think the CO would give that info out and we know any papers within the safe deposit box have long since been destroyed. Doogie verified all that was being held was the cash funds as listed.

Cubby
02-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Please use this thread for anything already discussed in other forums which may not have been followed through, or fell by the wayside when other more promising leads presented themselves. I will be moving any new suggestions, idea's or theories to the appropriate forum, either the general discussion thread which is Searching for Anna part 4 or other appropriate threads as titled.

Let's try to self police so we can keep this forum as clean as possible making it easier to find things if they are in there appropriate threads!

thanks! :blowkiss:

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
02-10-2010, 03:53 PM
It looks like this was the last post from iW regarding contacting MG. Doesn't look like she ever replied whether it was completed or not.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Evelyn Wanek (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2044246&postcount=29)

iW did you ever complete this?

Hi, yea, You must have missed my post. I did write, never received response.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Evelyn Wanek

SideKick
02-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi, yea, You must have missed my post. I did write, never received response.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Evelyn Wanek (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4504738&postcount=36)

Hey Interested!
I am going to PM you.

Sk

SherlockJr
02-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Cubby,
Can you add a sticky on Anna's forum for images? Then we can put images from the BFH in one folder, pics of Anna in another folder, maps in another folder, etc...?

Cubby
02-11-2010, 09:27 AM
I started a thread for images only. Stickied at the top of the forum.

Cubby
02-13-2010, 09:52 PM
I've made this request a few times before, and just noticed there aren't too many tags posted with the threads here for Annas forum, so I am making the plea again.

By using and adding tags, not only will it be easier for people searching here at WS reading Anna's forum, it will also allow more of the pertinent facts in Anna's case to be found via the various internet search engines.

Things such as her pet names, what she might remember about her life before her abduction are just a few idea's. Also, as you are reading older threads, perhaps add a tag to that thread to help find things. You can also still add tags to locked threads. The tag section does not get locked when a thread is locked.

If you read here and feel like you have nothing to add, so don't post often, it would be a great help to add tags while you are reading!

If you have any questions on using this feature please post them or send me a pm.

thanks!

Skully
02-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Hi all,

I don't know where to post this, so I will post here. I did recieve a letter today acknowledging receipt of my request for information on George Waters. They are searching the Central Records System and will inform me as soon as possible of any results.

FOIPA Request No. 1143140-000

Annasmom
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Things are a little quiet on the forum, so I can't resist telling you that Robin H has come up with (and is acting upon) a unique idea for directing people to www.searchingforanna.com. She will be posting this herself when the time is right, but already there is tremendous interest in this project both here and in Europe. You will love it.

OzzieMum
03-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Things are a little quiet on the forum, so I can't resist telling you that Robin H has come up with (and is acting upon) a unique idea for directing people to www.searchingforanna.com. She will be posting this herself when the time is right, but already there is tremendous interest in this project both here and in Europe. You will love it.

Sounds interesting Annasmom. When is Robin H likely to post it?

It has been very quiet on here. There was so much going on for a while, maybe everyone is just a little burnt out.

SideKick
03-04-2010, 02:19 PM

~

Sittin' on pins n' needles!

Annasmom
03-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Sounds interesting Annasmom. When is Robin H likely to post it?

It has been very quiet on here. There was so much going on for a while, maybe everyone is just a little burnt out.

I understand.

Cubby
03-04-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm not burnt out on Annas case. That will never ever ever happen. The Chicago Cubs would have to double the number of world series wins the Yankees have before I ever started to tire of finding Anna. And we all know how likely that is to happen, lol.

I'm just running in too many directions and with the little one having more days off school this month. (4 day week last week, 3 day week this week) I just get too many distractions!

I will continue to search for Anna until my last breath if necessary. Hopefully that will be many many years from now, as I am only 1.5 years older than Anna. Anna is like a sister to me, and Annasmom is like a second mom to me. Even though I might not ever be blessed to meet you Annasmom. You are an inspiration to me every day... even if you didn't know it.

big hugs and lots of love!

ProudGramma
03-04-2010, 06:27 PM

Alright Annasmom, you talked me right into it.....Here I am again, RobinH, however I am going by ProudGramma today because of 4 little events that have happened in my family.:dance:

Here's a new topic for all of us to contemplate. Geocaching. If you are a cacher, I would love to know, if you are not familiar with it, please check it out at www.geocaching.com. I use million dollar satelites to find tupperware in the woods. Once I find it, I sign my name to a piece of paper inside the container, but I can also leave things for others to find....This concept got me thinking about what could I do to help find Anna.

Please let me know if you are a geocacher or not. I will also continue to post more as this grows. I can also tell you that I have made a friend through this hobby of mine, and he has agreed to put Anna's name in 25 various caches in Europe, specifically near Greece.

Cubby
03-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks and welcome back! I am excited to learn more about this geocaching.

ProudGramma
03-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Please notice my new avitar....This is what I am leaving in caches. This is an image that Annasmom shared with me and we have turned it into a metal, coin sized collector's tag, better known as a pathtag. As soon as I get these tags delivered, they will be placed in various caches around the world along with a baseball card sized information sheet that has pictures and information specific to Anna, including the searchingforanna website.

Cubby
03-04-2010, 07:42 PM
I love it! Can I use it for my avatar too? If you write a little snippet about the geocaching, we can allow WS members to add it to their signature line if they so choose. I would love to be able to at least utilize the avatar and info on the geocaching in my siggy line to help in any way.

thanks!

Annasmom
03-04-2010, 08:16 PM
I love it! Can I use it for my avatar too? If you write a little snippet about the geocaching, we can allow WS members to add it to their signature line if they so choose. I would love to be able to at least utilize the avatar and info on the geocaching in my siggy line to help in any way.

thanks!

The drawing is actually a drawing Anna did of herself (before she learned the right order for the letters in her name) and I think it looks a little like her. Notice the squiggly little heart and the swing on the tree. Don't you think it is exciting that this pretty little thing is going all over the world?

Cubby
03-04-2010, 08:21 PM
It's amazing Annasmom. It's amazing to think of todays technology and how quickly we can get info around the world. I sometimes notice we have info here at WS before it hits HLN... even a local case I am working on WS had an update 30 minutes prior to it breaking Chicago online media.

I know if Anna is online somewhere, we just need to find the right thing to catch her attention. I'm excited about these new avenues available to us....

and I like the 'treasure hunt' theme regarding the geocaching.

ProudGramma
03-04-2010, 08:31 PM

thanks!

I would love to share this with everyone, but I am not sure how to do that. If I put it in an album that the public can view, will that work? I have no problem with others using this image as long as Annasmom is ok with it. Please tell me how to share it and I will make sure it is done.

Cubby
03-04-2010, 08:44 PM
You don't need to find a way to share it, just the ok. It is easy to right click copy and save your avatar and then upload ourselves to use as an avatar here.

thank you!

Annasmom
03-04-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm not burnt out on Annas case. That will never ever ever happen. The Chicago Cubs would have to double the number of world series wins the Yankees have before I ever started to tire of finding Anna. And we all know how likely that is to happen, lol.

I'm just running in too many directions and with the little one having more days off school this month. (4 day week last week, 3 day week this week) I just get too many distractions!

I will continue to search for Anna until my last breath if necessary. Hopefully that will be many many years from now, as I am only 1.5 years older than Anna. Anna is like a sister to me, and Annasmom is like a second mom to me. Even though I might not ever be blessed to meet you Annasmom. You are an inspiration to me every day... even if you didn't know it.

big hugs and lots of love!

Hugs and love back to you. I'm glad I have all of you in my life.

annemc2
03-05-2010, 12:07 AM
Ooooh! What a wonderful idea - I love it! The image is precious (and intriguing).

I'm really going to get into geocaching when my boys get a little bit older. I would love to eventually share some of these pathtags!

ProudGramma
03-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Ooooh! What a wonderful idea - I love it! The image is precious (and intriguing).

I'm really going to get into geocaching when my boys get a little bit older. I would love to eventually share some of these pathtags!

Eventually, our plan is to share them, but we ordered 100 of them, and they are gone before we even receive them due to the interest in the trading of them just via mail. These tags are still in production. We then ordered 150 more, and the plan is to find geocachers here on Websleuths so that we might be able to send a couple of tags to each cacher to place in caches in their area. I can't promise anything yet, because #1 the tags are not yet delivered, and #2 we do not have any idea how many we are going to need for cachers here on websleuths. I want to make sure that I always have enough to be able to send a few with my fellow geocachers as they travel, to hopefully get them moving around the world.

Just another bit of information....These tags are unique to Anna, and they are trackable. When a cacher or collector gets one, quite often they log it on a website so that I will be able to go to Anna's map and see where these tags are.

Currently, as far as I can tell by searching the pathtag site, Anna's tag is the first missing children's tag out there!!! That, to me is very exciting!!!

SideKick
03-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Robin,

This is indeed, a very smart idea getting Anna's story out there and...involving so many people worldwide. I am looking forward to learning more as well, and intriqued by this concept! Wonderful! :dance:

~

Quote: These tags are unique to Anna, and they are trackable. When a cacher or collector gets one, quite often they log it on a website so that I will be able to go to Anna's map and see where these tags are.

Currently, as far as I can tell by searching the pathtag site, Anna's tag is the first missing children's tag out there!!! That, to me is very exciting!!![/QUOTE]

ProudGramma
03-06-2010, 11:15 AM
I wanted to give everyone an update on where Anna's pathtag is currently promised. Even though I have not received the tags from production yet, people are already requesting to trade. Currently, we have 25 that will be going to Greece to be placed in caches there, but here is a list of places where they have requested one of Anna's tags and have sent their tag as a trade and I have them here in a collection already.

1 from Cannan Hill Australia
1 from Lafayette Indiana
1 from Fort Worth Texas
1 from Springfield Massachusetts
1 from Mountain Wisconsin
1 from Nashville Tennessee
1 from Richmond Virginia
1 from Cincinatti Ohio
And 1 from Spain.

We also have several requests waiting. I will update again as more arrive and once I receive Anna's tags and start to actually send them.

Annasmom
03-06-2010, 12:13 PM
You don't need to find a way to share it, just the ok. It is easy to right click copy and save your avatar and then upload ourselves to use as an avatar here.

thank you!
Perfectly OK with me if ProudGran doesn't mind for anybody who wants it to copy. BTW, how do you add tags? I don't see that option on my screen.

ProudGramma
03-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Perfectly OK with me if ProudGran doesn't mind for anybody who wants it to copy. BTW, how do you add tags? I don't see that option on my screen.

I would be happy to have anyone use this image. This is Anna's image, not mine. I will try to get a better image when the final pathtags are here and I can maybe scan the image from the pathtag.

Cubby
03-06-2010, 02:10 PM

At the bottom of each page in a thread you will see the option to reply along with the number of pages in the thread. Just below that is a box with options to bookmark. Just below the bookmark area is another box which reads 'tags'. On the far right top corner you will see 'edit tags'. Click on edit tags and you can add words to tag the thread. When people use search words, these tag words come up in the search engines.

Let me know if you find it ok.

Annasmom
03-06-2010, 03:21 PM
At the bottom of each page in a thread you will see the option to reply along with the number of pages in the thread. Just below that is a box with options to bookmark. Just below the bookmark area is another box which reads 'tags'. On the far right top corner you will see 'edit tags'. Click on edit tags and you can add words to tag the thread. When people use search words, these tag words come up in the search engines.

Let me know if you find it ok.
Found it! It doesn't come up until after you post. Thank you, C.

ProudGramma
03-08-2010, 07:44 PM
3 more requests for Anna's pathtags today. One will go to Coraopolis, PA, one to Philadelphia, PA, and one will go to Loxton SA Australia.

ProudGramma
03-15-2010, 07:00 PM
I am still anxiously waiting for Anna's pathtags to arrive. Since I last posted, we have received 4 more tags from various places where we will be sending Anna's tags as soon as they arrive.

1. Willis, TX
2. Edwardstown, SA Australia
3. Dayton, PA
4. Littleton NH

Gina_M
03-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Wow, Robin, that is an awesome idea! I have never done geocaching but am very interested in it. I used to go to the geocaching website and read about the different caches in my area. Just need to buy a GPS - this has given me incentive!

And what a lovely coin, with the picture drawn by Anna on it! I love it! :)

ProudGramma
03-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Wow, Robin, that is an awesome idea! I have never done geocaching but am very interested in it. I used to go to the geocaching website and read about the different caches in my area. Just need to buy a GPS - this has given me incentive!

And what a lovely coin, with the picture drawn by Anna on it! I love it! :)

Thank you Gina. Annasmom and I are both really excited to see the real coin. I do not believe that the picture does it justice.
Geocaching is really quite fun and offers a choice of hiking, walking, biking, and sometimes, just driving to find the cache. My 2 oldest grandchildren love to cache, they are ages 3 & 5. I would have given most anything to have a treasure hunt like this when I was a kid, what great fun!!! Please let me know when you decide to start, and I will make sure that you have a few of Anna's pathtags to place in caches.

ProudGramma
03-22-2010, 12:47 PM
I received an email today that the first shipment of pathtags has been sent!!! :dance: These will start traveling around the world by the end of the week.

2 more requests have been made for Anna's tags and will be filled. One will go to Germany and the other will go to Grand Rapids, Michigan.

If you have any ideas on where it would be best to send these tags, please share your ideas so that we can get them to areas where we think Anna may be. I will do my best to get tags to the places you suggest.

Cubby
03-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Hi Guys...

Trying to keep the forum 'cleaned' up and in the right direction, things posted in the right threads etc..... It's occured to me when other forums have been opened (newer forums such as Caylee Anthony, Susan Powell etc. ) with multiple threads the general dicussion threads are discontinued upon the opening of the individual forum.

I'm thinking its the right time to lock the searching for anna part 4 thread as it is a general discussion thread. As new avenues open, or we review things which may have been missed such as we have in the regroup refocus thread, they should be put in the appropriately titled thread or a new thread started to discuss that avenue of research.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!

Cubby
03-23-2010, 08:36 AM
LEt's start a FOIA request info thread.... having it's own thread might attract WS'rs who can answer our questions and offer some direction better than having it buried here.
I didn't mean to point out your post Bern. :blowkiss:
The general discussion threads have been phased out when newer forums have been opened and it makes things easier to follow... so I thought I would do that here too.

eta: that didn't look right reading the GD discussion threads, whoops! ;)

Skully
03-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Since we are refocusing and looking at new ways to get information, has anyone contacted the Italian Consulate? I am willing to dig or write or call about just about anything if I have a direction to go in.

Cubby
03-23-2010, 09:51 AM
I don't think anyone has done that Bern, at least not that I recall. Excellent idea! (post though regarding doing so either in the BFH thread, or Kidnapping theory with GW and GB thread ok.. I think it would fit best there! thanks! )

Skully
03-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Let me see what I can come up with and I will keep you Posted. No pun intended.....:innocent:

Dr. Doogie
03-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Trying to keep the forum 'cleaned' up and in the right direction, things posted in the right threads etc..... It's occured to me when other forums have been opened (newer forums such as Caylee Anthony, Susan Powell etc. ) with multiple threads the general dicussion threads are discontinued upon the opening of the individual forum.

I'm thinking its the right time to lock the searching for anna part 4 thread as it is a general discussion thread. As new avenues open, or we review things which may have been missed such as we have in the regroup refocus thread, they should be put in the appropriately titled thread or a new thread started to discuss that avenue of research...

When we first started Anna's thread, I set it up with a "Searching for Anna" general thread and then specific threads for the various theories behind her disappearance. This allowed for some control of which direction the investigations would go, keeping it focused on the most likely scenarios. The general thread was used to allow discussion and investigation to ideas that were not (yet) worthy of their own thread.

We got "out of whack" during the final days of waiting for the DNA results for "C" - the excitement then caused many threads to be created and everything has been a bit jumbled since.

My suggestions:

* Combine all "Mystery Woman C" threads into one thread, then lock.

* Combine "Wild Man in the Shack" and "House of Affirmation" threads into the original "Stranger Abduction" thread and leave open.

* Combine "Question for Annasmom" into "Searching for Anna" thread and leave open.

* Combine "Actress Anna Waters" thread into "Possible Matches" thread and leave open.

There are probably more "clean-ups", but those immediately come to mind.

Cubby
03-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Great idea's doogie. I will do the combining... however, since we have an entire forum here, there is no longer a reason for a general discussion thread to decide whether or not a topic is 'worthy' of having it's own thread. That's the reason why WS opens a forum vs just leaving threads part 1,2,3 .... When general discussion threads are left open too much which belongs elsewhere ends up in the general discussion thread and things become too hard to find.. With half a conversation/topic in the GD thread and then some in the appropriate individual subject thread.

If a new thread is started which belongs in another thread, I can merge it into the appropriate thread..... Or some avenues which branch off and don't get a lot of research - for whatever reason, as other viable avenues take precedence - will just make there way to the bottom of forum and possibly researched another time...... It will still make things easier to find.

thanks!

Cubby
03-23-2010, 01:29 PM
I did some of the 'spring cleaning' Dr. Doogie suggested.

Dr Doogie, I have one more question for you. The Jack Clifton Sharp... thread. I am thinking that should be merged into the Santa Clara girl abducted thread since they both discuss abductions of girls Annas age about that time Anna went missing. Could you please let me know?

thanks!

ETA: I merged them.... the more I looked, the more I thought they belonged in a single thread.

Cubby
03-23-2010, 03:29 PM
I think I have done as much 'spring cleaning' and organizing this forum as best I can. If anyone notices something that they think needs to be moved or merged, please let me know.

Hopefully now that things have been moved, merged, and new threads open, it will make the forum much easier to follow......

Thank you for your continued interest and support while Searching for Anna!

Cubby
03-23-2010, 04:28 PM
I've moved some posts that belonged in a general discussion thread to the part 4 GD thread.... so if the date the thread was started looks off, posts are moved and keep there original date, not the date they were moved.

Still trying to do some spring cleaning in the sticky forum. No posts will be deleted (unless absolutely necessary per TOS). but I am trying to get the sticky threads relevent and cleaned up as I have time.

Some of the GD and merged threads; there were simply too many hundreds of posts to move around so I just merged as appropriate and opened new threads where appropriate.

SOME not all have moved redirect messages. Some will remain permanet redirect message indicating the thread was moved. Others which haven't been active for a long time have a clock and are set to expire the redirect message indicating they've been moved. If you would like to see which are moved before the redirect messages expire, please see page two of this forum.

thanks!

Dr. Doogie
03-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Dr Doogie, I have one more question for you. The Jack Clifton Sharp... thread. I am thinking that should be merged into the Santa Clara girl abducted thread since they both discuss abductions of girls Annas age about that time Anna went missing. Could you please let me know?

thanks!

ETA: I merged them.... the more I looked, the more I thought they belonged in a single thread.

That is a good move. Thanks, Cubby!

annemc2
03-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks a million for all the spring cleaning, Cubby!! :woohoo:

Annasmom
04-01-2010, 08:38 PM
I hope ProudGrandma will fill you in on the beautiful pathtags which are being distributed in several countries now. I am thrilled to have the actual coin in my hand with Anna's pretty little self-portrait, her tree swing, her backward signature and a lumpy little valentine!

Pink Panther
04-01-2010, 09:51 PM
...Trying to think of new avenues and ways to regroup...Have we ever had a thread about similar abductions in similar timeframes??? These could give us new ideas/paths to persue. We could take a look to see if there are any discernable patterns/individuals/reasons behind those abductions. If it hasn't been done, could this perhaps be worth bringing into a specific thread?

...Just thinking out loud...

Cubby
04-01-2010, 10:12 PM
...Trying to think of new avenues and ways to regroup...Have we ever had a thread about similar abductions in similar timeframes??? These could give us new ideas/paths to persue. We could take a look to see if there are any discernable patterns/individuals/reasons behind those abductions. If it hasn't been done, could this perhaps be worth bringing into a specific thread?

...Just thinking out loud...

Right here darlin' !

Santa Clara girl abducted & similiar abductions time/area to Anna's disappearance. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Pink Panther
04-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks Cubby! I thought I remembered something like it...Do you think it might be a good "sticky" that we can refer to and that newcomers can look at before going down a path that might already have been covered???

Cubby
04-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Since the second page of threads here are no longer active and locked( at least as of today ), and the thread titles are now updated appropriately since our 'Spring Cleaning', I'm going to leave it as is Pink.

It may have been prior to the spring cleaning there were too many duplicate and triplicate threads going on the same subjects things were harder to find or recall where they were located. Hopefully things will be easier to find now that they've been re-organized. Thanks for the suggestion.

also, I locked the weekly update thread on the second page of the thread since we hadn't used it in approximately 2 years.

Dr. Doogie
04-02-2010, 02:33 PM
I recently have been agressively trying to pursue my dream of working as a private detective and have been upgrading my skills in locating individuals from internet databases. As a result, I have been able to locate some individuals involved in other cases that had eluded me before.

Is there anyone involved in Anna's case that we need me to find? If so, please PM with whatever we know about them and I will see if I can find their current whereabouts.

Annasmom
04-03-2010, 03:35 PM
I recently have been agressively trying to pursue my dream of working as a private detective and have been upgrading my skills in locating individuals from internet databases. As a result, I have been able to locate some individuals involved in other cases that had eluded me before.

Is there anyone involved in Anna's case that we need me to find? If so, please PM with whatever we know about them and I will see if I can find their current whereabouts. You'll make a great PI, Doogie. Good luck with the efforts toward that goal.

Annasmom
04-05-2010, 03:36 PM
I hope ProudGrandma will fill you in on the beautiful pathtags which are being distributed in several countries now. I am thrilled to have the actual coin in my hand with Anna's pretty little self-portrait, her tree swing, her backward signature and a lumpy little valentine!
So sorry that ProudGramma lost her mother this week.
If you received a path tag in the mail, please let me know. I am worried that they may have gone astray somehow.

Cubby
04-06-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm sorry for your loss proudgramma. ((((((((hugs))))))))

I got mine! I need to figure out how to log it in, and will be carrying it on my keychain!

TY so much Annasmom!

Dr. Doogie
04-06-2010, 01:01 PM
My condolencense to you, Robin.

And, yes, I received mine too, Annasmom. Thanks.

Skully
04-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Robin I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is so hard. I lost my dad more than 11 years ago and I still talk to him every single day.

I got my coin as well, thank you. It is on a chain and I wear it!

ProudGramma
04-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts during the past few days. I appreciate it so very much.

I have actually lost track of where I was with the reporting of the pathtags, but I will tell you this. 36 tags are now logged. We have tags throughout the USA now, including Alaska, CA, MI, CT, NJ, MD, PA, FL, TN, and many others. As you all know, soon 25 of these tags will be dispersed in Greece by a friend who is traveling there. We also have tags in other countries such as the UK and Spain.

There are still so many places that I want to send them, and I will continue to work on that part of it.

I am so glad that everyone received their tag and likes them. If you are interested in logging your tag, please visit www.pathtags.com. You will need to open an account, but it is free. Once you open the account, you will be able to navigate to Anna's tag and that will allow you to view her map and know where all of her tags are.

Again, please let me know if you think there is a place that these tags need to be sent to and I will do my best to find someone in that area to trade with.

I will again try to get back on track with the reporting of these tags

ProudGramma
04-15-2010, 03:20 PM
More tags have been sent, here are the areas
Ancorage, AK
Rumford, ME
Huntsville, AL
Woodburn, OR
Willis, TX
And we now have a few tags in Australia

Annasmom
04-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Ancorage, AK
Rumford, ME
Huntsville, AL
Woodburn, OR
Willis, TX

Thank you so much, Robin. Who would have thought of geocaching as a way to get the word out on Anna's case?

OzzieMum
04-16-2010, 04:30 AM
Ancorage, AK
Rumford, ME
Huntsville, AL
Woodburn, OR
Willis, TX

Hi ProudGramma,

I'm in Australia and would be happy to help if I knew what to do. Please feel free tp PM me.

ProudGramma
04-16-2010, 07:44 AM
This morning, I checked Anna's pathtag requests and find that we now have someone in England wanting her tag!!! Of course I accepted the trade offer and will be sending Anna's tag to them today.

Skully
04-23-2010, 06:33 AM
http://library.adoption.com/articles/international-adoption-italy.html

I went to this site this morning, because it dawned on me, that maybe we need to find out what is required to adopt a child from here to Italy. I found this one first, it is adoption from Italy to U.S. But the article may give some of you ideas of who we need to contact and where. According to this article, the birth rate is low for Italy and adoption is unlikely for (2010 ?) I am wondering if GW and GB ran an ad for prospective parents, if so, did they do it here, or in Italy? I guess you see where I am going with this. In any case all road today lead to the Consulate to get an adoption. So maybe we would be dealing with the US Embassy in Rome, for an Italian couple to adopt from the U.S.

Annasmom
05-18-2010, 12:54 PM
We have not heard from the Italian television station, and the probable reason is that they did not find enough of an Italian connection to want to run the story. I thought perhaps having Raf on the spot would help the "local" angle, but actually our evidence connecting Anna with Italy is pretty slender.

The Freedom of Information Act is investigating Brody and they have opened a file on Anna (there has been an FBI file for many years, but I think it's OK for a new one to be opened.)

Recently I was looking for something in the book SFA and I thought that the book really needs an index. I contacted a professional indexer, but after getting his rates, I thought that present sales of the book probably don't justify this expense. Do you think I should try again to interest commercial publishers in the book?

raf
05-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Hi Annasmom, yes no hear by italian television... effectively.. no enough documents abt a probable italian connection... however I know that maybe is necessary more time, because before of a financial and human effort for the Anna case, they wish to analyze very well the probabilities that Anna could be in Italy.... the reporter was born in USA ( maybe from italian parents) and back in Italy with the mother when he was a boy... so he said me; and also said that was no easy .... because needing many documents and father permission because he-the child-was in minor age...
but.. obviously .. it was a its thought...
all the best,
raf

OzzieMum
05-18-2010, 05:35 PM
We have not heard from the Italian television station, and the probable reason is that they did not find enough of an Italian connection to want to run the story. I thought perhaps having Raf on the spot would help the "local" angle, but actually our evidence connecting Anna with Italy is pretty slender.

The Freedom of Information Act is investigating Brody and they have opened a file on Anna (there has been an FBI file for many years, but I think it's OK for a new one to be opened.)

Recently I was looking for something in the book SFA and I thought that the book really needs an index. I contacted a professional indexer, but after getting his rates, I thought that present sales of the book probably don't justify this expense. Do you think I should try again to interest commercial publishers in the book?

Hi Annasmom,

I think it would be worth while trying commercial publishers.

Before I bought SFA from Lulu, I went in to Borders Book store here in Australia and all though they didn't have it on the shelf, the sales girl looked on her computer and said she could order it in for me. I did email Borders to try to get them to put it on the shelf but didn't hear back from them. I'll try sending them another email.

Cubby
05-25-2010, 05:02 PM
I wanted to remind everyone today, May 25, is National Missing Childrens Day.

I have my porch light on to 'light the way home' for missing children. Please join me in doing so and showing your support for missing children and their families.

Extra prayers today Anna finds her way home.

Cubby
05-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Ran into a neighbor of mine a little while ago and asked she put her porch light on for missing children. Glad I did because she told me she noticed my searchingforanna.com bumper sticker and asked about it. Gave me the opportunity to tell her a bit about Anna's case and what National Missing Childrens is all about.

My family is joining and putting on their porch lights too.

Reels
05-29-2010, 06:38 AM
Someone may know something and phone rather than email or contact an authority figure/organization. Just trying to simplify the means of hearing from a potential tip ...an old person knowing of Anna may feel that by phoning is the easier route...

Sk

I don't know how much it costs to get a 1-800 number, but I do know you can get a very basic phone line for very cheap. You have to call the phone company directly and tell them you want just a basic phone line with no extras, no voice mail or call waiting or anything at all. I did it in Chicago and it cost around $12/month. I got an answering machine at Walmart for pretty cheap, and hooked that up. They don't advertize it as an option, which is why you have to call directly and explain what you want.

I'm sorry, I stopped at this post above to answer it, and I have been wondering: has anyone contacted Unsolved Mysteries? They're on again and they do recent cases as well as give follow-up and "solved" old cases.

There was something else I was thinking of. Oh! Does your organization have tax exemption or anything like that? If so, you could approach Kinkos to donate free flyers of Anna. You could ask Walmart to put her picture up on their "missing" wall. Maybe get a corporate sponsor, like Papa John's? They put missing children on their flyers. I also wondered, what if you contacted universities about putting her flyer in their newspapers or alumni magazines? All kinds of people advertize in those and get them, that would reach potentially around the world. I know my college had people from Kenya and Nigeria, all over Europe, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and the U.S. and we were just a smaller college of about 2,000.

eta: if you have tax exemption, you could maybe talk to the phone company about a discount for your organization. And maybe get her picture on phone books!

Annasmom
05-29-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't know how much it costs to get a 1-800 number, but I do know you can get a very basic phone line for very cheap. You have to call the phone company directly and tell them you want just a basic phone line with no extras, no voice mail or call waiting or anything at all. I did it in Chicago and it cost around $12/month. I got an answering machine at Walmart for pretty cheap, and hooked that up. They don't advertize it as an option, which is why you have to call directly and explain what you want.

I'm sorry, I stopped at this post above to answer it, and I have been wondering: has anyone contacted Unsolved Mysteries? They're on again and they do recent cases as well as give follow-up and "solved" old cases.

There was something else I was thinking of. Oh! Does your organization have tax exemption or anything like that? If so, you could approach Kinkos to donate free flyers of Anna. You could ask Walmart to put her picture up on their "missing" wall. Maybe get a corporate sponsor, like Papa John's? They put missing children on their flyers. I also wondered, what if you contacted universities about putting her flyer in their newspapers or alumni magazines? All kinds of people advertize in those and get them, that would reach potentially around the world. I know my college had people from Kenya and Nigeria, all over Europe, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and the U.S. and we were just a smaller college of about 2,000.

eta: if you have tax exemption, you could maybe talk to the phone company about a discount for your organization. And maybe get her picture on phone books!

Thank you for posting, Reels. We are not really an organization, just a family, but we will consider your suggestions and we always welcome a fresh look at the search for Anna. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has an 800 number, 1-800-THELOST, which is widely advertised, so we pretty much depend on that for phone contact. They have also circulated Anna's picture and continue to do so. "Unsolved Mysteries" is a good idea; I don't know if anybody has contacted them yet.

Reels
05-30-2010, 06:47 AM
No problem. I am trying to think of ways to get Anna's picture out there. I'll keep thinking of things to do. Actually, have Anna's pictures been circulated with a picture of her dad and/or GB? GB looked fairly distinctive in the pictures I saw, maybe his picture would generate some responses? Technically, it should be ok, since you are just searching for his real identity, and possibly family, to aid in the search for Anna. I remember "Emanuel's" picture was circulated in the search for Elizabeth Smart.

Reels
05-30-2010, 07:31 AM
K, I contacted Texas Equusearch again, to follow up. I explained that I was from here, and that there was no recollection of the outcome of the last correspondence. Then I explained her case a little, explained that we'd like help to search the creek so that we could say once and for all whether Anna is in it. I explained the creek had been searched several times with no evidence of Anna, but that there were doubts lingering in some people's minds. I also explained that we understand the cost of such a search, so we were wondering if they'd be in the area any time in the future, and if so, would they be willing to come out to help look for her. Then I said something about, if it's not possible, are their any ideas they could suggest to us for searching, so we can rule the creek out.

I can't remember what else I wrote. Something about Anna's family is sincere in their efforts and desire to locate Anna, as evidenced by the last 3 decades of nonstop searching. (To indicate that this isn't a request on a whim, but you really want to find her, and you have never stopped looking).

I hope that was ok.

I also asked Unsolved Mysteries if they'd consider airing Anna's case, and tried to make it look like a "good" story for tv, with the intrigue of her ill father and the self-proclaimed messiah George Brody (who's identity we still do not know). That seems like the kind of thing they like to air, you know, with all the twists and what not. I was trying to think of a "hook" that would peak their interest.

I'm not very good at this, and I hope no one minds that I contacted these people. I figured, they can contact Annasmom, Doogie or Joe Ford for further information, through the searchingforanna site. But I also figured, you guys have so much on your plates, and it wouldn't hurt me to just put out the little emails, seeing as TE had been contacted before.

Annasmom
05-30-2010, 12:03 PM
No problem. I am trying to think of ways to get Anna's picture out there. I'll keep thinking of things to do. Actually, have Anna's pictures been circulated with a picture of her dad and/or GB? GB looked fairly distinctive in the pictures I saw, maybe his picture would generate some responses? Technically, it should be ok, since you are just searching for his real identity, and possibly family, to aid in the search for Anna. I remember "Emanuel's" picture was circulated in the search for Elizabeth Smart.
GB's picture appears on line in several places and in the book SFA; we would rather not have family pictures (including those of GW) publicized beyond what they are at present because of privacy issues, but since we know nothing about GB and he doesn't seem to have any family, certainly we'd have no objection to having the spotlight on him wherever that might be possible.

Annasmom
05-30-2010, 12:06 PM
K, I contacted Texas Equusearch again, to follow up. I explained that I was from here, and that there was no recollection of the outcome of the last correspondence. Then I explained her case a little, explained that we'd like help to search the creek so that we could say once and for all whether Anna is in it. I explained the creek had been searched several times with no evidence of Anna, but that there were doubts lingering in some people's minds. I also explained that we understand the cost of such a search, so we were wondering if they'd be in the area any time in the future, and if so, would they be willing to come out to help look for her. Then I said something about, if it's not possible, are their any ideas they could suggest to us for searching, so we can rule the creek out.

I can't remember what else I wrote. Something about Anna's family is sincere in their efforts and desire to locate Anna, as evidenced by the last 3 decades of nonstop searching. (To indicate that this isn't a request on a whim, but you really want to find her, and you have never stopped looking).

I hope that was ok.

I also asked Unsolved Mysteries if they'd consider airing Anna's case, and tried to make it look like a "good" story for tv, with the intrigue of her ill father and the self-proclaimed messiah George Brody (who's identity we still do not know). That seems like the kind of thing they like to air, you know, with all the twists and what not. I was trying to think of a "hook" that would peak their interest.

I'm not very good at this, and I hope no one minds that I contacted these people. I figured, they can contact Annasmom, Doogie or Joe Ford for further information, through the searchingforanna site. But I also figured, you guys have so much on your plates, and it wouldn't hurt me to just put out the little emails, seeing as TE had been contacted before.
Thank you so much for contacting Unsolved Mysteries. I suppose there's no harm in contacting Texas Equusearch, though in my mind and in the minds of Anna's brothers, the creek has been ruled out because of literally hundreds of searches which failed to turn up so much as a rubber boot.

Reels
05-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Ok, I understand. I'll think of ways to get GB's picture out there. I wonder if putting him on any geneology sites with the statement that we're looking for surviving relatives would work. hm...I'll have to think of this some more.

No problem. :)

Oh I agree about the creek. I believe you guys 100%. I was thinking that maybe it could help establish she'd been kidnapped. I wish it were easier to convince other people, though I guess it is probably the most important that the people looking for Anna know she isn't there. It's hard for me to know that people will flat-out deny the obvious. lol

Reels
06-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Ok. I got an answer from Unsolved Mysteries. Unfortunately, they aren't filming right now. :( But, they will keep Anna's story filed for future episodes.

Thank you for contacting UNSOLVED MYSTERIES. We appreciate your story
submission, however, at this time we are not producing new episodes of
our program. We will keep your story in our “future segment” file
and if we resume production, we will review it at that time.

Sincerely,

The UNSOLVED MYSTERIES Staff

Annasmom
06-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Ok, I understand. I'll think of ways to get GB's picture out there. I wonder if putting him on any geneology sites with the statement that we're looking for surviving relatives would work. hm...I'll have to think of this some more.

No problem. :)

Oh I agree about the creek. I believe you guys 100%. I was thinking that maybe it could help establish she'd been kidnapped. I wish it were easier to convince other people, though I guess it is probably the most important that the people looking for Anna know she isn't there. It's hard for me to know that people will flat-out deny the obvious. lol

I think they do this not so much because they are in denial as because they don't want to think about it any more. Certainly I can't blame them, but their imagined answer to the mystery seems arbitrary to me.

Thank you for writing the TV show; nothing ventured, nothing gained!

one_hooah_wife
06-13-2010, 01:40 PM
I did a search for "Gene Austin" and Eugene Austin on the board here and couldn't find where this angle had been explored. I came across the story of this man, who in the 1970's made a career and a mission snatching children for one parent or another ... mostly for non-custodial fathers. He had no qualms about this and proclaimed himself "Mean Gene" the meanest man in North America, boasting over 200 abductions. I know that he went to jail for a couple of them but I get the impression that back then, no one really thought what he was doing was that wrong -- except for the parents he took from. I did a quick search for a "victims" website ... or any kind of forum where he was discussed but couldn't find one. I only found this yesterday and I have company today. I thought that some of you who need a good fleshy lead to gnaw at might like to know about this man. I have Newspaper Archives subscription if you find anything on there and need me to get it ... just PM me and I will check in. Here are a couple of articles that I found on Google News. I cannot believe that I have never heard of this man whose "work" was apparently prolific!

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1946&dat=19751017&id=YpMuAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WKEFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3072,747030

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1755&dat=19781015&id=oCMhAAAAIBAJ&sjid=iGcEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6842,6823852

Oh boy ... before I posted I did one more search and found a blog from 2008 that looks to be from Mean Gene himself and includes his contact information ... that might prove to be important later! Man, I already knew I didn't like him but he seems like a real piece of work --if the post is genuine.

http://www.weirdamerica.com/2008/01/23/weird-america-save-zippy-the-pinhead/#comment-46783

Dr. Doogie
06-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Very interesting.

Cubby
06-13-2010, 05:27 PM
WOW! Definately an avenue to explore. I can't believe we haven't heard of him before. I don't know that I have ever run across this guys name in any cases here at WS.

Dr. Doogie, if you think this is viable perhaps a new thread for this guy? Let's keep that in mind. If need be and we start a new thread I can always move the discussion posts on this topic to a new thread. In the mean time, let's keep them here so they are in one place.

tia

Dr. Doogie
06-14-2010, 02:28 AM
I would think that until we can establish (at least) a plausible link to Anna, we should probably keep this line of investigation in this thread. If we do find any reason to think that he did have a connection to he two Georges, then we can start a seperate thread. (IMHO)

One thing that jumps out at me about this story is how, at a fleeting glance in a passing vehicle, he could be mistaken for Brody. The article specifically says that this man would snatch the child with the father present to eleviate any possible legal entanglements. And then I think about the young man and the old man in the van...

one_hooah_wife
06-14-2010, 12:34 PM
I woke up at 2AM and sufficed to say, I've done a lot of reading over the past few hours. During the time that Anna went missing, there were several underground organizations that participated in parental abduction, some more clandestine than others. I thought I might try to link the name Damron with any of these organizations since, at least cryptically, the Squibb indicated (v. con, Italy, passport office) he was a contact person.

I don't think that anyone here believes that Anna drowned; otherwise we would have no reason to be looking for her -- aside from the compelling mystery that is GB. I think about it like this: if it hadn't been for the proximity of Anna to the creek and the heavy rains that day ... what then would have been the focus of the police investigation? It would ultimately be the Georges, no doubt. I think that would bring into question the likelihood that these two could have pulled off the abduction (possibly international) without help. It seems far more likely that they had help. We can continue to search for the real identity of GB, (and believe me ... I want to know too) and still never come close to finding Anna. I am working on a list, "the usual suspects" of people and organizations involved in providing support or otherwise facilitating parental abductions during that time. I have learned that many of these operations had legitimate or quasi-legitimate businesses providing a front. This also allowed money to be funneled in without drawing attention. One of the more interesting articles I read stated that frequently the front companies had very similar names as well known local monopolies. The example that they gave (unclear of whether this was real or made-up) was "NJ Bell." The idea was that anyone looking for evidence would likely interpret the ledger entry or canceled check as a payment to the local phone company. This article, written from interviews with several former underground snatchers, also mentioned that higher-ups in certain father's rights organizations served as liaisons and after that contact was made only in person or via mail to a private post office box. It went on to say that sometimes it could take up to a year or more to plan and that the parent (in most of these cases, the father) had very little input into how, where and even when the abduction would take place. These people really think of themselves as vigilantes charged with righting the wrongs of a pro-mother court system. I have read online that former FBI agent turned wack-a-doo, Ted Gunderson was involved with some of these groups in the late 70's and 80's, which if true -- would have been during his years active with the agency. I was familiar with the name Ted Gunderson, as I own a book that he wrote called "How to Find Anyone Anywhere." I bought this book in 1992 when I was helping my mother search for her adopted brother. I have used it as a reference many many times through the years - even on this case! I was really shocked to learn about his involvement ... and to find that he has become a conspiracy theorist icon. Dr.Doogie, he is even mentioned in connection with the Johnny Gosch case. I think that it was on the PK Papers website www.thepkpapers.com that I read he has, in recent years, used his knowledge of "The Underground" to help families of missing children. I would be interested to know if he recognized GB or was at all familiar with this case.

Okay, so that is all that I have right now.

Dr. Doogie
06-14-2010, 01:21 PM
I am very familiar with Ted Gunderson. We have struggled hard to keep any ideas we have had about what happened to Anna away from the realm of the Kooky and, unfortunately, Gunderson is the King of Kooky. For example, Ted has published that he believes that kidnapped children are being used as slave laborers in secret underground mines under Area 51 being run by a race of reptilian aliens.

On the surface, Gunderson's creditials look impeccable, but he has used those to draw in unsuspecting people such as ourselves into his web of weirdness. We should avoid him like the plague.

One_hooah_wife: Your analysis about "What if there was no creek..." is spot on. The info about the front companies is excellent. Good job!

one_hooah_wife
06-14-2010, 03:14 PM
I am very familiar with Ted Gunderson. We have struggled hard to keep any ideas we have had about what happened to Anna away from the realm of the Kooky and, unfortunately, Gunderson is the King of Kooky. For example, Ted has published that he believes that kidnapped children are being used as slave laborers in secret underground mines under Area 51 being run by a race of reptilian aliens.

On the surface, Gunderson's creditials look impeccable, but he has used those to draw in unsuspecting people such as ourselves into his web of weirdness. We should avoid him like the plague.

One_hooah_wife: Your analysis about "What if there was no creek..." is spot on. The info about the front companies is excellent. Good job!

Thanks Doogie! I understand what you are saying! I defer to your judgment. I certainly wouldn't want to invite Satan to church! I only say this now as a caveat, really. As I said, I had read his book and was surprised to find out that he turned out to be (always was?) quite the wack-a-doo! Even though he is what he is now, at one time he had some real power and influence that he apparently used to help conceal children from their custodial parents, as well as, make legal issues "go away" from organization leaders. It made me wonder who else in similar positions did the same. I have long ago placed GB into the conspiracy theorist, "tin foil hat wearing" category ... that is why I wondered if GB were looking for an organization to help, that he and Gunderson might had crossed paths but even as I am typing that it sounds very far fetched!

I don't post here unless I have something to contribute but I want y'all to know that I am always thinking of this case. Sometimes I'll appear to be zoned out crocheting and suddenly reach for my laptop ... that is what my husband calls a "Grombach revelation". Grombach refers to someone that I thought might have been GB and whom I researched for about a year. When my husband was last in Iraq and we would talk for too long about the newest thing that I found either leaning towards or against the Grombach theory. Even though I do not believe that GB and John Grombach are the same person (though they do bare certain similarities, were of different heights/builds and had different eye color) he still calls it that, half teasing, half concerned over my obsession with the disappearance of a little girl named Anna (even though I am a few years younger) whom I've never met. This is something to which, I know, everyone here can relate!

one_hooah_wife
06-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Anna's Mom ... have you ever considered having the pages from the Squibb analyzed? I am always trying to use photoshop's many features to try and make out what is underneath the scribble. I read an article the other day that mentioned it is a lot better analyzing the actual pages and not scans or copies. They do this with a light box and magnifier ... and there is also some specialized equipment and software available that helps in some cases. I'm happy to check into that if that is something that you think might be useful. Also, it could possibly answer a lot of questions about Seka to know what the scribble on postcard is obscuring.

Annasmom
06-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Here's wishing our good Doogie the happiest of birthdays!:woohoo::woohoo:

Cubby
06-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Happy Birthday Dr. Doogie!

:birthday:

I hope you have one amazing birthday! You deserve it!

:blowkiss:

raf
06-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Happy Birthday Dr Doogie!
http://misspinkslip.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/happy-birthday.jpg
raf

Pink Panther
06-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Happy Birthday Dr. Doogie!

Annasmom
06-19-2010, 06:30 PM
The journalist from Che l'ho visto asked for "artifacts" and so we got down the boxes and trunks. I thought I would add pictures of three things to my WebSleuths album before I packed them away again: Anna's quilt, her cowboy boots, and a daisy costume she wore that Halloween before she disappeared.

OzzieMum
06-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Happy birthday Dr. Doogie

OzzieMum
06-19-2010, 08:29 PM
The journalist from Che l'ho visto asked for "artifacts" and so we got down the boxes and trunks. I thought I would add pictures of three things to my WebSleuths album before I packed them away again: Anna's quilt, her cowboy boots, and a daisy costume she wore that Halloween before she disappeared.

Thanks for sharing the pic's Annasmom. The daisy costume is adorable.

They are the things that I think Anna would remember from her childhood. I remember my quilt from when I was a child, it always brought comfort when I was cold or sick or scared. I think most people remember their favorite quilt or blanket from their childhood.

I know it must be very painful for you to go through Anna's belongings but do you have other favorite items of Anna's that you could take photo's of and put in your album?

I'm not sure how the whole tag thing works, maybe Cubby can help out here, but if these photos or your album can be tagged, if Anna happened to google quilts or costumes she might see her childhood belongings and remember them.

Just a thought.

Cubby
06-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the pictures, they are fantastic Annasmom! I'm so glad to see what they actually looked like.

I didn't have an imagine in my mind about the quilt or the costume, but for some reason I thought the cowboy boots had red in them and were more childlike looking. I love seeing the picture and seeing they look like 'real' cowboy boots versus something a child might wear only for dress up play.

thanks for sharing!

Cubby
06-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks for sharing the pic's Annasmom. The daisy costume is adorable.

They are the things that I think Anna would remember from her childhood. I remember my quilt from when I was a child, it always brought comfort when I was cold or sick or scared. I think most people remember their favorite quilt or blanket from their childhood.

I know it must be very painful for you to go through Anna's belongings but do you have other favorite items of Anna's that you could take photo's of and put in your album?

I'm not sure how the whole tag thing works, maybe Cubby can help out here, but if these photos or your album can be tagged, if Anna happened to google quilts or costumes she might see her childhood belongings and remember them.

Just a thought.

I don't know that the tag feature works for member photo albums but I am updating the images only- no discussion thread (up in the sticky area)when new pic's are added.

Dr. Doogie
06-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Thanks, everybody.

Annasmom
07-12-2010, 08:17 PM
I had a letter from the FBI saying that they had opened a file on "Disappearance of Anna Christian Eifee Waters" which says "Currently your request is being reviewed by an analyst" and gives a telephone number for inquiring about the state of the request. I had thought the FBI had a file on Anna years ago, but this one is specifically about her disappearance and uses the added name. Thanks to Bern for getting this started. Are you all still there?

branwynbreeze
07-12-2010, 08:37 PM
I had a letter from the FBI saying that they had opened a file on "Disappearance of Anna Christian Eifee Waters" which says "Currently your request is being reviewed by an analyst" and gives a telephone number for inquiring about the state of the request. I had thought the FBI had a file on Anna years ago, but this one is specifically about her disappearance and uses the added name. Thanks to Bern for getting this started. Are you all still there?

Great news!

Dr. Doogie
07-12-2010, 11:23 PM
I recall that the FBI was aware of Anna's case within the context of the several missing Bay Area girls during the 1980's (Michaela Garecht, Amber Schwartz-Garcia, Ilene Mischeloff, etc.) I had just assumed that they had an individual file for Anna, but I guess that assumption was incorrect.

OzzieMum
07-13-2010, 07:11 AM

Maybe I watch too much TV, but I thought all abducted/missing children/persons was handled by the FBI.

Annasmom,

It has been very quiet on here lately but please don't think we have all gone away.

I log in every single morning and night to have a look at what is going on and nothing has been happening for quite some time. I personally, just don't know what area to look at. I'm at a bit of a stale mate.

I have spent hours looking at different things and posted them but it doesn't seem to go any further.

Maybe we are all placing too much hope on the Italian TV program at the moment and not looking outside the square.

I think of Anna, you and your family every day without fail.

This might just be the kick in the bum we all need at the moment.

Dr Doogie (Doug), it might help if you could comment more often. To me (and I am not talking for others) you are our leader, you started this investigation.
I personally, would like to see you here more often. We need your guidance.

If I have spoken out of turn here in any way, shape or form, I sincerely apologize.

OzzieMum

SideKick
07-13-2010, 08:13 AM
[QUOTE=OzzieMum;5398500]Maybe I watch too much TV, but I thought all abducted/missing children/persons was handled by the FBI.

.... I too thought the FBI had a file 'open' for Anna, interesting they've added Eifee to her name for this file. Can we possibly find out more about this and what do they do with the information?

I am always here, online daily at work and come here to check the forum and I do searches online as well all the time in hopes of finding 'our girl'. :-)

Must say, I can't wait for the airing of Anna's documentary.

Much love...

Dr. Doogie
07-22-2010, 08:35 PM
We have seen many cases in the last few years that give us hope of finding Anna alive such as Jaycee Lee Dugard. Here is an article about a case that closely mirrors Anna's that resulted in a reunion:

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20100702/NEWS/100709966&parentprofile=search (http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20100702/NEWS/100709966&parentprofile=search)

This woman was taken as a four-year-old in 1975 by a "former family friend". When she was forty years old, she finally located her real family and was reunited.

It is interesting to see the story told to this girl by her kidnapper and how her memories helped find her family. If this story is any indication, our suppositions of what may have happened are reasonable.

OzzieMum
07-22-2010, 09:27 PM
We have seen many cases in the last few years that give us hope of finding Anna alive such as Jaycee Lee Dugard. Here is an article about a case that closely mirrors Anna's that resulted in a reunion:

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20100702/NEWS/100709966&parentprofile=search (http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20100702/NEWS/100709966&parentprofile=search)

This woman was taken as a four-year-old in 1975 by a "former family friend". When she was forty years old, she finally located her real family and was reunited.

It is interesting to see the story told to this girl by her kidnapper and how her memories helped find her family. If this story is any indication, our suppositions of what may have happened are reasonable.

Another happy ending that lends hope to finding Anna. Thanks for posting it Dr Doogie.

Cubby
07-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Another happy ending that lends hope to finding Anna. Thanks for posting it Dr Doogie.

ditto. And it gives hope that Anna is still looking for her family too.

Dr. Doogie
07-22-2010, 10:15 PM
I am glad that this woman has found her family, but I am really glad that she found her family before we found out about her. Enough of her vitals (age, look, etc.) was close enough to Anna that we probably would have had another year-long wait/anticipation/agony like the "C" era. I even noticed that her picture resembled the high school aged progression of Anna.

Cubby
08-25-2010, 11:12 AM
The information and posts regarding Miss Marples media information have been moved to the appropriate Searching for Seka thread.

just an fyi for anyone who might be checking for them here.

link to thread were posts were moved: Moved posts start on page 3 of the following thread.

Searching for Seka - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

one_hooah_wife
10-26-2010, 03:27 PM
I don't know if I have ever mentioned this here but for the past 7 years I have been actively searching for an uncle who was placed in a children's home when he was 4 or 5. He was 5 when the actual adoption took place. Two months ago I was able to locate him. Unfortunately, he passed away in 2003 from cancer. I wanted to share a few things that I learned about my uncle Stanley or rather John -as he was called for most of his life, from his wife.

1. I was surprised to learn that didn't recall very much from his childhood before his adoption. This included his birth name. His lovely wife Linda shared that she feels that this was due to the psychological trauma of being "given up" along with the fact that his new parents had no desire, reason or incentive to keep those memories alive. I think that is an important thing to understand about early memories ... are they really our memories or are they "stories" we've heard told to us time and again for as long as we can remember? Even if we do have genuine memories, what happens to those memories if they are not reinforced or worse ... if they are negatively reinforced?

2. He was told that his parents had died young. He was told that he had 7 siblings but that he was the only one placed for adoption. Both of these things were for the most part false and when you think about it, actually contradicted each other a bit. He did have a large family, including 8 siblings. Both parents were very much living. My grandmother, we believe, knew all along who adopted Stanley, however took that information to her grave. She only ever said that she made a promise and in exchange knew that he was well cared for. I know that she felt lifelong guilt. I understand that she made the decisions she did because after having 9 children in 14 years and then raising all of them alone, she was extremely overwhelmed.

I believe that the history given to Stanley/John was carefully crafted and effectively measured. What could you tell a child to be certain he would not want to look for his birth family. His mother was almost cruel in the way she made John feel that he was unwanted by not only his parents but also his siblings. I think that they first told him that his parents had passed away because that would be the most efficient way to quell any curiosity from a child and also relieve them from feeling that it was somehow their fault. I suspect that later, as John matured, he may have begun to ask about his siblings and at that time it became necessary to generate resentment toward them as well.

So, I when I apply this to Anna, I wonder what she actually remembers of her time before her abduction/adoption. I wonder what she was told -so that she would never look ... not for her Mom ... not even for her brothers.

I just have one more thing to share. Stanley/John died from a type of cancer that only develops as a result of a rare hereditary disorder of the blood vessels. When he was diagnosed, Linda said he was given a pamphlet with information from the foundation of which I am a member and serve as a support liaison. Given where he lived, I would have been his regional POC if he had contacted us. I don't know if I would have made the connection ... but it just goes to show what a small world this really is!

Annasmom
11-17-2010, 11:51 AM
There is a new caseworker in charge of Anna's file at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children: Terry Torgersen, a retired police officer from San Diego. They have a new NAMUS data base and he will be checking with Detective Gilletti to make sure that the DNA samples they obtained from me and Anna's brothers are appropriate for comparisons. I do not know, by the way, what NAMUS is.

MagicRose99
11-17-2010, 04:00 PM
There is a new caseworker in charge of Anna's file at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children: Terry Torgersen, a retired police officer from San Diego. They have a new NAMUS data base and he will be checking with Detective Gilletti to make sure that the DNA samples they obtained from me and Anna's brothers are appropriate for comparisons. I do not know, by the way, what NAMUS is.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) is a clearinghouse for missing persons and unidentified decedent records. NamUs is a free online system that can be searched by medical examiners, coroners, law enforcement officials and the general public to solve these cases.

The Unidentified Persons Database contains information entered by medical examiners and coroners. Unidentified persons are people who have died and whose bodies have not been identified. Anyone can search this database using characteristics such as sex, race, distinct body features and even dental information.

The Missing Persons Database contains information about missing persons that can be entered by anyone; before it appears as a case on NamUs, the information is verified. NamUs provides the ability to print missing persons posters and even map out possible travel routes in a search for a missing person. Other resources include links to state clearinghouses, medical examiner and coroner offices, law enforcement agencies, victim assistance groups and pertinent legislation.

When a new missing persons or unidentified decedent case is entered into NamUs, the system automatically performs cross-matching comparisons between the databases, searching for matches or similarities between cases.

NamUs also provides free DNA testing and other forensic services, such as anthropology and odontology assistance.

http://www.namus.gov/

Cubby
11-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Thank you magicrose, you beat me with the post about NamUs.

Anna's profile is in NamUs. When NamUs was started all the profiles from NCMEC were transfered/entered into NamUs.

Main Link to Annas NamUs profile:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/44/1/

I noticed a different detective is mentioned for contact for Annas case.
A Marcus Gathright. I don't think I/we have seen that name posted previously.

Here is the link to Annas case report at NamUs.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/44

It does read DNA samples submitted and complete. That means Annas DNA has been submitted against all UID's listed at the database with DNA profiles and no match has been found.

I'm not a DNA expert, but what I have learned through WS is there are fewer dna in Nuclear DNA and it is less stable over time. (It degrades faster than mitochondial dna). As far as I recall there is no nuclear dna available for Anna because none was found in the submitted personal items which belong to Anna.

The DNA submitted by Annas family is mitochondrial dna - from the maternal line - and would be sufficient for sample comparison. Mitochondrial dna is also far more stable and more available? or there are far many more mitochondrial dna per cell than nuclear dna which is only 1 per cell.

In other words, the samples submitted from Annas family are mitochondrial dna and that is the type of DNA we want in this case, as they are far more stable and reliable over time.

hth

Annasmom
12-03-2010, 01:29 PM
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children posted Anna's picture at Wal-Marts in Arkansas, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, Wyoming, and MT (whichever state that is) on October 26.

MagicRose99
12-03-2010, 04:11 PM
MT is Montana, isn't it?

Wonderful news!

Annasmom
12-08-2010, 01:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HqzVIXx9ew&feature=related

GraceBlue
01-15-2011, 07:17 PM
I won't have access to a computer tomorrow so I wanted to post today that I am thinking of Anna.
Anna's case has touched my heart (and many, many other people's) I cry every time this day comes and goes without an answer. I don't know how you do it, Annasmom. You are incredibly strong and you are an inspiration to many. I wish I could give you a big hug in person. I pray that one day you will find Anna.

Cubby
01-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Thinking of Anna, her family, and all who love her today as another anniversary of her disappearance has arrived. I'm reflecting on how Anna has brought so many of us together. How much she is loved and missed by not only those who knew her, but by those of us who have been brought together in the search for answers. Annas case has touched my heart in a way few cases do and I am praying this year is the year we find answers to the mystery of Annas disappearance.

Anna, you are loved and missed where ever you are and we'll continue searching until we find answers.

Cubby and J'

Cubby
01-21-2011, 11:47 AM
I have to share for those of you who have not seen this story already.

As a teenager, Carlina came to believe she was not related to the family that was raising her. She began to check missing children websites, and she eventually found her own case.

She called the website for help, and they called Joy, the mother who had kept her baby's picture on display all these years.

"She said she just had a feeling, she felt different from the people raising her," said Nance's maternal grandmother, Elizabeth White, 71. "She searched, and then she found Joy."

DNA testing proved Carlina was the stolen child.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=7907784

This gives me continued hope in Anna's case. I pray that this not only gives hope to the families of missing children, but for those children who strongly believe something is just not right and may be afraid to or not know where to begin to search if they think they may be a kidnapped child to search and seek the assistance of NCMEC.

Other MSM articles indicate when Carolina reached out to NCMEC there were initially three missing persons cases which might have been a match prior to the DNA match to the one.

Anna, if you are out there looking, or contemplating looking - we are still looking for you and pray you find us or we find you.

Cubby
01-21-2011, 01:30 PM
A few more thoughts. Carlina is only 23..... I can't help but wonder if perhaps Anna did search long before the internet was available and became frustrated and put that behind her. I pray, if that scenario is possible this story about Carlina might enourage or give renewed hope for Anna or those who might believe they were abducted to resume their search.

still praying for answers regarding Annas disappearance.

nanny2five
01-30-2011, 10:47 PM
annasmom, thank you for the video of "oh, little anna of the snow" it is so beautiful!

Firefly75
02-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Hi,

This is my first Anna-related post and I'm not sure it's in the right place.

Do you think it would be worth sending Anna's photos, and her age-progressed photos to every library in the US (I know this is a huge task) --- in the hope that either someone sees it and recognizes her, or that perhaps she sees it and it kicks her memory into action?

I thought perhaps she is not on the internet, or if she is, her name is different and she hasn't come across any sites about her, or someone of the older generation(s) might remember something and they are not on the internet. Perhaps one of the librarians might remember her when they see the posters?

Thinking of Anna and her family.

F75 xx

smile22
03-01-2011, 05:17 PM
bumping

Annasmom
03-02-2011, 07:20 PM
bumping

What does this mean?

whovillebaby
03-03-2011, 03:03 AM
What does this mean?

Bumping the thread for attention, I think that's what it means.
By the way I read through most of the treads.......WOW!
What a whirlwind, many of my questions were answered though.
GB's actions in general, and GW's once he met GB are intriguing.
So is the fact that he never called you to see what was going on when she went missing, and support you.....just seems very odd....even for the "Odd Couple".

Blessings!

SideKick
03-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Pertinent Information Check List.

I thought we could do a check list of things so we know they have been looked into and crossed off.

1. The Passports
2. Anna's Birth Certificate/amended birth certificate
3. No Ransom
4. No letters received from anyone to the Water's Family
5. All matters in the evil but important BFH
6. The Italian TV Show
7. The FBI - anything they can provide/not provide/did provide
8. Contacting any USA media for televised show for Anna
9. The Bank Accounts
10. TWA -
11. Train of the day. (anyone can check which trains were active in 1973) check for passenger lists
12. Adoption Sites
13. Italy
14. Greece
15. USA - any connections we have missed...
16. Possible sightings? The girl and her Father...
17. Any weird phone calls to date? Hangups?
18. No one can find any relatives of Evelyn Wanek...
19. Interpol
20. :banghead:
21. Yearbooks from the 80's
22. Facebook - Highschools in the surrounding area
23. :fence:

Thinking of precious Anna Christian Waters ♥

~ Please add if you can think of anything we have missed

Cubby
04-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Brainstorming a few more ideas.

Someone refresh my memory please. IIRC Anna did not yet have a SS# when she disappeared, is this correct?

If anyone has a classmates membership, it is my understanding more and more schools are adding yearbooks online. Anyone with a classmates membership and some time might want to start choosing schools in some order (maybe by city? or schools in their county or state) and review class of 1985 or 1986 as they have time.

As far as I know we've never explored any half moon bay directories of anykind for a list of sportsman club members. (or any other member lists that might be applicable). We can post the list of names then behind the scenes see if any of these people had any arrest records or anything that might pertain tie to Anna's case/abduction. I would not have the first clue of how to find these directories so assistance on idea's would be great!

Brainstorming and praying this Holy Week for answers and direction on Anna's case.

Cubby
04-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Another idea. Is there any way we can get Annas most recent NCMEC age progressed photo compared to/run through any of those programs that compare to DMV photo's not that (I think) almost all states if not all states have DMV photo's on computer? Doogie if you are still checking in any idea's on pursuing that avenue? Or do we run into privacy issues with that route?

Annasmom
04-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Brainstorming a few more ideas.

Someone refresh my memory please. IIRC Anna did not yet have a SS# when she disappeared, is this correct?

Brainstorming and praying this Holy Week for answers and direction on Anna's case.

"Before 1986, people often did not obtain a Social Security number until the age of about 14, since the numbers were used for income tracking purposes, and those under that age seldom had substantial income. The Tax Reform Act of 1986 required parents to list Social Security numbers for each dependent over the age of 5 for whom the parent wanted to claim a tax deduction." (Wiki) Anna did not have a SSN.

Cubby
04-21-2011, 02:19 PM
"Before 1986, people often did not obtain a Social Security number until the age of about 14, since the numbers were used for income tracking purposes, and those under that age seldom had substantial income. The Tax Reform Act of 1986 required parents to list Social Security numbers for each dependent over the age of 5 for whom the parent wanted to claim a tax deduction." (Wiki) Anna did not have a SSN.

Thank you Annasmom, I knew there was some reason most people got them when they were a teen, but wasn't familiar with why. And I did not think Anna had one, thank you for the confirmation.

Firefly75
05-05-2011, 10:02 AM
I don't know how to phrase this, so I hope it won't come out wrong.
I'm wondering if exploring the possible reasons why Anna has not been found or has not got in touch yet would help in planning the strategies for future searches and sleuthing (in terms of what to do to overcome the possible obstacles).

Going on the assumption that Anna is alive, here's what's in my mind as some possibilities:

1. Anna does not remember anything from before the abduction, the abduction itself, and the time immediately after the abduction. Hence she doesn't know her family is looking for her.
2. Anna knows the people who brought her up are not her biological family, but has been told something convincing enough so she isn't even looking to find her biological family at all. This includes stories of parents dying/abandoning her, being a foundling, a fatal accident... What she has been told is convincing enough for her to not question lack of photos of her before age 5 or 6 and any lack of documents.
3. Stockholm syndrome.
4. Abductor still alive and in control of Anna in some way; coupled with point 3 perhaps. She doesn't have much of a chance of doing any research perhaps.
5. Anna is somewhere where she doesn't have much contact with the world, little or no internet access, doesn't get to go out among people much unless absolutely unavoidable. A lonely farm in the middle of nowhere perhaps, a more-or-less self-sufficient existence.
6. Anna is in some closed community, possibly religion-oriented or a sect, so a lot from point 5 might apply here, too.
7. If she was taken out of the US, she could be somewhere non-English speaking. Five is young enough to forget mother-tongue. Her age now could mean that she only speaks the language of the country (depending on the country and its education system, plus her circumstances), or that her English is limited and so not much use in searching for her roots. This could also mean she might be searching desperately for her family, but in a wrong country, on the wrong continent, in the wrong language.

I'll stop here for now. I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this.
If anything here is offensive or causes pain, I hope mods will delete this post.

Annasmom
05-05-2011, 02:59 PM
I don't know how to phrase this, so I hope it won't come out wrong.
I'm wondering if exploring the possible reasons why Anna has not been found or has not got in touch yet would help in planning the strategies for future searches and sleuthing (in terms of what to do to overcome the possible obstacles).

Going on the assumption that Anna is alive, here's what's in my mind as some possibilities:

1. Anna does not remember anything from before the abduction, the abduction itself, and the time immediately after the abduction. Hence she doesn't know her family is looking for her.
2. Anna knows the people who brought her up are not her biological family, but has been told something convincing enough so she isn't even looking to find her biological family at all. This includes stories of parents dying/abandoning her, being a foundling, a fatal accident... What she has been told is convincing enough for her to not question lack of photos of her before age 5 or 6 and any lack of documents.
3. Stockholm syndrome.
4. Abductor still alive and in control of Anna in some way; coupled with point 3 perhaps. She doesn't have much of a chance of doing any research perhaps.
5. Anna is somewhere where she doesn't have much contact with the world, little or no internet access, doesn't get to go out among people much unless absolutely unavoidable. A lonely farm in the middle of nowhere perhaps, a more-or-less self-sufficient existence.
6. Anna is in some closed community, possibly religion-oriented or a sect, so a lot from point 5 might apply here, too.
7. If she was taken out of the US, she could be somewhere non-English speaking. Five is young enough to forget mother-tongue. Her age now could mean that she only speaks the language of the country (depending on the country and its education system, plus her circumstances), or that her English is limited and so not much use in searching for her roots. This could also mean she might be searching desperately for her family, but in a wrong country, on the wrong continent, in the wrong language.

I'll stop here for now. I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this.
If anything here is offensive or causes pain, I hope mods will delete this post.

Thank you, Firefly, for such a thoughtful list (and thank you also for your sensitivity). I think all these answers are possible. If GW and GB had anything to do with her disappearance, I am quite sure that they would have considered it a rescue rather than an abduction and would have backed it up with a convincing story. As to being in a foreign country, we had that in mind in posting her story on the International site for missing and exploited children, and in trying to get the story out in Italy and Greece. Of course, if she is alive, she could be anywhere.

Cubby
05-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Just another thought. I would love to see the FB pages updated and trying to get more members as friends on FB. I'm noticing more and more people across the globe 'networking' via FB within the Missing Persons groups out there.

It's been awhile since I have looked at Annas' FB pages, but am unsure if they are being kept 'current' and by current I mean routinely adding info such as the possibility of the Italian TV show, or other things that are happening. Idea's such as checking HS year books now that more are online..... I've received a few FB requests from people I have no doubt know of me through WS, or have seen the multiple mutual friends among the MP community and we just add to give all those cases exposure. Two requests have come in from the other side of the globe in languages other than English and since they have the MP's listed I accepted the friends request. some who wish to keep their personal FB page private may wish to set one up solely for Missing Persons info....

Anna's is the one case my eyes are always open to looking for someone who resembles Anna. I could be anywhere, in church, in the mall, at the convenience store - literally anywhere and I look for someone who not only resembles Anna. But also considering Anna is at an age where she may likely have adult children (early 20's) if I see someone young and in that age range I might stop them and mention Anna's case. Ok, yes I have been known to stop people who are total strangers and talk to them for a minute or two about Anna's case if I see a strong enough resemblence I have to mention it. (and then mentioning the searchingforanna.com page where they can find info and find there way back here.) I know not everyone may be willing to do thatl.... but with a sales and marketing background I'm not afraid to approach people.

Let's keep doing what we can to keep Anna's name, face, age progression, and HS age progressed photo out there. The more exposure the better. If she is out there somewhere it increases our odds of finding her, especially if we consider that 6 degree's of seperation thing.

hth and keeping Anna in my prayers as always.

If the persons who have the FB page can please let us know if they are being kept current maybe we can consider a FB surge so to speak to try and get more exposure all over the globe.

SideKick
05-06-2011, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE=Cubby;6438933]Just another thought. I would love to see the FB pages updated and trying to get more members as friends on FB. I'm noticing more and more people across the globe 'networking' via FB within the Missing Persons groups out there.

~
Hi Cubby,

I was on top of my FB Anna page, writing updates etc., but found no one responded or contributed to the page except for one lovely girl wishing Anna a Happy Bday. I will try to add more info as we go along and in hopes of more traffic within the 'net'... My belief is, someone knows something about where Anna is, and by Goodness Gracious, let's find out. I wish ......... we had more clues, but we do have to work with the info we have.

~ Not that I want to bring up that Anna could have fallen in the creek, but... a girl in Canada was recently found in a creek after 12 years, they didn't locate her before in the water searches..... In my heart, I do believe Anna is with us in this HUGE world, but a question I have is, would the owner of the farm house now living in Anna's old home be willing if LE asked her to search the grounds again? Just to be 100%.

~ I really wish RAF was around to contact the TV Co. in Italy, I went on their website yesterday in hopes of finding a little info on Anna but to no avail. Why would they travel all that way to Cali to shoot this Doc about Anna and not reply to Annasmom's emails about when they may air the show?

Banging head on that one!

Take care everyone, SK.

Firefly75
05-06-2011, 05:04 PM
I think all these answers are possible. If GW and GB had anything to do with her disappearance, I am quite sure that they would have considered it a rescue rather than an abduction and would have backed it up with a convincing story. As to being in a foreign country, we had that in mind in posting her story on the International site for missing and exploited children, and in trying to get the story out in Italy and Greece. Of course, if she is alive, she could be anywhere.

Thank you, Annasmom. I believe Anna is alive, and what you say above about GW and GB has worried me for a long time.

I think searching on adoption sites and International Site for Missing and Exploited Children are excellent ideas and I'm hopeful that one day, Anna might be found through them. The thread that mentions Seka, though, got me thinking about the possible language barrier. One of my cousins is about Anna's age, and her English is nowhere near up to the task of reading and understanding sites like this one in English; she only started learning English a few years ago when it became necessary for her work. (I should probably add here that I come from a country where English is a foreign language that children now learn in schools.) A lot of people around my cousin's age did not learn English at school; the curriculum was different, some schools taught other foreign languages (depending on many factors), some possibly none at all. Some children back then learnt a foreign language for a very short period of time, never had any need to use it or any exposure to it, and forgot most or all of it. Some were not into languages maybe, or never got a chance. A lot of people of my cousin's generation quit school after primary school (at which time they would have been 13 or 14 years of age) and found jobs. I am a good few years younger than Anna and my cousin, and even in my generation there are quite a few people whose English is not good enough to be of any use if they were to search through adoption cases. I am quite sure my English gives me away as a foreigner, too. To cut a long story short (I am given to rambling, I'm afraid) - has there been any attempt to post on adoption boards abroad in any language other than English? In Serbian? Croatian? Italian?

Do you think it would be worth trying to get Anna's story published in national broadsheets if it has not been done yet, and if so, do we have any connections abroad that would be of use? Members from certain countries perhaps?

Sorry this has turned out to be so long.

Firefly75
05-07-2011, 04:45 AM
National broadsheets abroad, I meant. In 'target' countries like Greece, Italy, etc.

Annasmom
05-07-2011, 12:20 PM
~ Not that I want to bring up that Anna could have fallen in the creek, but... a girl in Canada was recently found in a creek after 12 years, they didn't locate her before in the water searches..... In my heart, I do believe Anna is with us in this HUGE world, but a question I have is, would the owner of the farm house now living in Anna's old home be willing if LE asked her to search the grounds again? Just to be 100%.

~ I really wish RAF was around to contact the TV Co. in Italy, I went on their website yesterday in hopes of finding a little info on Anna but to no avail. Why would they travel all that way to Cali to shoot this Doc about Anna and not reply to Annasmom's emails about when they may air the show?

Banging head on that one!

Take care everyone, SK.

Just to recap, the person who currently owns farm house and surrounding property (Tracy Chapman) has refused every attempt we have made to contact her. However, when the RAI cameraman was here, he was able to shoot pictures of the farm while standing up in the back seat of a convertible (!!!) and also at about that time, the police insisted on searching the grounds again. That was fairly recently (as these things go).

annemc2
05-07-2011, 01:47 PM
I was never a big fan, but since learning of that information awhile back I actually have to turn off her music if I hear it anywhere. It just makes me mad.

I'm so happy to see some activity on Anna's threads of late! I know lots of us are thinking of her but don't have anything really useful to say so it's been a bit quiet...

Amy74
05-07-2011, 05:11 PM
I have been emailing 48 Hours Mystery (once every week or two) requesting that they do a show on Anna's disappearance. It is probably in vain, but I feel it can't hurt if anyone wants to join me!

Firefly75
05-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Good idea, Amy74! Perhaps if more of us request the same, they might budge and do it. I'm off to look for their contact details.

Annasmom
05-11-2011, 12:36 PM
I have been emailing 48 Hours Mystery (once every week or two) requesting that they do a show on Anna's disappearance. It is probably in vain, but I feel it can't hurt if anyone wants to join me!
This is the show which sent a producer and crew to the west coast to film Anna's story back when we thought we had a match with the young woman we called C. They have all sorts of film footage on file if they have kept it. I think the reason they did not use the story at the time was that everything was pointed toward a DNA match, which of course did not happen. I thought and still think that the search itself, having lasted so many years, is certainly worth a story in itself. The family member who was helping at the time said to the producer "Well, now you have half a story", and that seems to be the way the photojournalists took it. If you write to 48 Hours (CBS News), you might want to point out the fact that they have archived material and that you believe the search itself is worth a story.

Amy74
05-11-2011, 02:26 PM
hanks for the background info. Obviously the most important issue is finding Anna, but also mystery surrounding George Brody and his possible involvement makes for a very intriguing story. I will absolutely mention this next time I write.

This is the show which sent a producer and crew to the west coast to film Anna's story back when we thought we had a match with the young woman we called C. They have all sorts of film footage on file if they have kept it. I think the reason they did not use the story at the time was that everything was pointed toward a DNA match, which of course did not happen. I thought and still think that the search itself, having lasted so many years, is certainly worth a story in itself. The family member who was helping at the time said to the producer "Well, now you have half a story", and that seems to be the way the photojournalists took it. If you write to 48 Hours (CBS News), you might want to point out the fact that they have archived material and that you believe the search itself is worth a story.

Firefly75
05-12-2011, 07:45 AM
They have half a story, and the other half might be discovered because of it if they air what they've got.

I think it's certainly worth it, and a lot more relevant and important than most things we get on TV nowadays. I can understand that people watch things like Britain's Got Talent for entertainment purposes, but entertainment is not the sole purpose TV was invented for.

smile22
05-13-2011, 04:14 PM
what about beth halloways new tv show vanished she might want to do a story on anna

Annasmom
05-13-2011, 07:40 PM
what about beth halloways new tv show vanished she might want to do a story on anna Hi, Smile! Haven't seen you here for a while!

smile22
05-14-2011, 09:35 PM
yeah i keep checking everyday on here but really haven't see much updating. i did find an email for the new vanished show on lifetime and send them over Anna's info as well as some links for them to check out hopefully it sparks some interest and they decide to maybe do a story on it. i am going to be in california for 2 weeks in august i do want to check out the area where anna went missing. i will be in the Bakersfield, la, anaheim and beach areas. not sure how far that is from half moon bay

Annasmom
05-15-2011, 01:56 AM
yeah i keep checking everyday on here but really haven't see much updating. i did find an email for the new vanished show on lifetime and send them over Anna's info as well as some links for them to check out hopefully it sparks some interest and they decide to maybe do a story on it. i am going to be in california for 2 weeks in august i do want to check out the area where anna went missing. i will be in the Bakersfield, la, anaheim and beach areas. not sure how far that is from half moon bay
Unfortunately, those towns are far away from Half Moon Bay, which is about 35 miles south of San Francisco. You can Google the distance. But if you do make it to northern California, be sure to let me know!

Amy74
05-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Firefly75,
I've just been using the "contact us" link at the bottom of the 48 Hours Mystery website. When I get some time, I'll look into other ways to contact them as well.

Good idea, Amy74! Perhaps if more of us request the same, they might budge and do it. I'm off to look for their contact details.

Cubby
05-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Researching the TWA records got me thinking again about how much more seems to be online than even 2-3 years ago. More and more 'vintage' or older HS yearbooks are being added online. Who knows there might be something out there about the restaurants the two G's frequented

It might be a good time for those who have some time to delve back into some of the unanswered questions we had some time ago. Perhaps now that this case has a forum, scanning some of the threads might bring something back such as the sportsman club. Seka or a few other avenues that fell by the wayside.

Just because it couldn't be found a year or two ago doesn't mean it might not be online now. I don't want anyone to be hesitant to bump :bump: a thread to bring it current and ask if we can discuss this again.

Skully
05-20-2011, 08:34 AM
Firefly75,
I've just been using the "contact us" link at the bottom of the 48 Hours Mystery website. When I get some time, I'll look into other ways to contact them as well.

I emailed the producer last year and we exchanged several emails. She even had a board meeting to see if they would consider doing a show on Anna. They turned her down. She did tell me that she did know the producer that worked with Anna's mom when they first came out to shoot the footage and she is aware of the story and of Anna's case. She told me if we found any new evidence or anything that would update the story line, to contact her. The only thing I know that is new, is the file from the FBI that was sent to Anna's mom and the fact there is a discrepancy in the time line for Anna's dad. Had to do with a receipt. I don't think that would be enough to do a show on.

Annasmom
05-21-2011, 09:59 AM
I emailed the producer last year and we exchanged several emails. She even had a board meeting to see if they would consider doing a show on Anna. They turned her down. She did tell me that she did know the producer that worked with Anna's mom when they first came out to shoot the footage and she is aware of the story and of Anna's case. She told me if we found any new evidence or anything that would update the story line, to contact her. The only thing I know that is new, is the file from the FBI that was sent to Anna's mom and the fact there is a discrepancy in the time line for Anna's dad. Had to do with a receipt. I don't think that would be enough to do a show on.
Thank you, Bern, for doing this. It looks as if RAI in Rome isn't going to use the story either, but the documentary maker did send me a DVD last week of the bus trip movie which he managed to restore.

Annasmom
05-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Just a note that WWW.SearchingforAnna.com has been taken down. I do not have access to the details on this.

Annasmom
05-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Just a note that WWW.SearchingforAnna.com has been taken down. I do not have access to the details on this. I figured out how to renew the name and paid for another year's hosting, but the page has not come back up. It was a lot of money for me. I'm still stuck about how to get the page(s) back. Does anybody have any ideas?

smile22
05-21-2011, 04:05 PM
i just clicked on the link and the page is up and running all the info is still up there

Annasmom
05-21-2011, 06:32 PM
i just clicked on the link and the page is up and running all the info is still up there

So it is! I guess I must have done something right after all!

Firefly75
06-18-2011, 04:14 AM
Has Anna ever been featured on Unsolved Mysteries? Would you consider that if she hasn't? Either Anna herself or someone who knew her could be watching.

http://www.unsolved.com/

Annasmom
06-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Has Anna ever been featured on Unsolved Mysteries? Would you consider that if she hasn't? Either Anna herself or someone who knew her could be watching.

http://www.unsolved.com/

No, there has never been a story about Anna on a national show. I don't know whether anyone has suggested Unsolved Mysteries, but certainly it would be a good idea.

Firefly75
06-19-2011, 09:58 AM
They seem to be accepting new story submissions, and it seems quite a few cases featured on their website have been solved due to someone from the audience recognizing the person featured and phoning in with a tip. They also do cases of children who were sold for adoption (by sickos like Ethel Nation, etc.). It might be worth giving it a try and showing all age-progression photos and anything Anna might remember (photos of the farm perhaps?).

I wonder what other TV shows there are in the US that would give Anna's case the exposure it needs. I seem to vaguely remember Dr. Phil did a feature on Benjaman Kyle - someone correct me if I'm wrong please - but I've no idea what sort of show Dr. Phil actually is, would he do Anna's story or not. I'm not familiar with American TV at all, but perhaps those who are could help with suggestions? Several different shows might be a good idea, especially since they probably get different audience profiles.

I've no idea how that would be organized, I suppose the first step would be for you (Annasmom) or Dr.Douggie (sorry if I've just misspelt your name!) to get in touch with them and find out what they need to know/do to feature a case. It might not work and it will cause you a lot of heartache all over again, but perhaps... perhaps someone out there will phone in with a tip, recognize the age-progression photos, remember something they overheard, recognize GB, GW, anything.

Someone must know something. Anna can't have just fallen off the edge of the earth back then in the seventies.