PDA

View Full Version : B. Conway Poll - Good Attorney or all spin

Chemaster
12-21-2008, 04:21 PM
I have not cared for the actions / behavior of the A’s in the past several months but do like their new attorney, B.Conway.

I am curious to hear your opinion.

zoey
12-21-2008, 04:37 PM
3. I'm just going this way--I don't trust anyone representing anyone in that family....the way things be spinned-------

I do think he is good but realize that there is also a reason....

Recovering-Lurker
12-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Wasn't he running for judge in August? Just asking.

pirate
12-21-2008, 05:11 PM
I like him and I'm hoping he will be able to convince G&C that it is time to face the facts relating to their granddaughter's murder and although it will be difficult, seek justice on behalf of their Granddaughter.

Conway has faced hardships of his own- losing his mobility in an accident as a very young man must have been devastating. Hopefully he will be able to relate to them regarding their loss and picking up the pieces to make the very best of a horrible situation.

Valrico Analyzer
12-21-2008, 05:34 PM
He's a great atty, has kept them out of alot of trouble by making them keep their yaps shut. There's only so much he can do. He and MN came late in the game to the A family media self destruction circuit, so his hands are full.

He will be real busy soon, as they are putting final touches on the charges.

metalcrystal
12-21-2008, 05:36 PM
He's good, didn't you hear when he made that annoucement, LOL?

kathyn2
12-21-2008, 06:03 PM
I liked him at first and thought he was good and was representing them well. However lately he has started the Anthony spin. They must hypnotize people or something. I haven't felt as highly of him the last couple of days.

Meagain
12-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Just because Cindy is scared of her lies and wants immunity - and hence stops accusing others of taking Caylee, etc..... doesn't make Conway a good attorney or responsible for shutting her up.

JustanotherJane
12-21-2008, 06:29 PM
it's too soon to tell, IMO

spamelope
12-21-2008, 06:31 PM
He certainly hasn't helped them with PR if he's the one who suggested to them that it would be a wise thing to donate the items at Caylee's memorial to charity. The memorial is not on their property, and not left for the A's to be altruistic with other people's remembrances. I knew they would do something offensive before long, I just thought we would make it to Monday, first.

tiredofthis
12-21-2008, 06:42 PM
I have not cared for the actions / behavior of the As in the past several months but do like their new attorney, B.Conway.

I am curious to hear your opinion.

I like him.

100%Agave
12-21-2008, 06:42 PM
I too thought at first that he would be good for the As, maybe help with their public image but after the "nanny did it" announcement I am not so sure.

At least, they seem to be keeping their mouths shut but the announcement about them wanting a private visit with KC was unnecesary. That could have been handled in private with the jail personnel. Then there is the whole thing with the toys at the memorial, that statement should have been made by the As.

They needed to handle this a little more sensitively.

First, they could have left them there a while longer. They could make a public statement that they appreciate the memorial and that instead of leaving a toy they would like for the toys to be donated in Caylee's name. They could also have let people know that all toys that are left at the memorial will be collected and donated to "name of charity here".

They could go down there and publicly pick out a couple of ones that they would want to keep in remembrance of her and make the announcement there at that time.

Tears would be good. Telling the public that they are grieving and understand that everyone else is as well and a little blurb about how special Caylee was to bring all of these people together would be nice.

Look through the memorial items, read some of the notes, take a couple of flowers, a toy or two. Make the announcement then leave.

this would have gone over so much better that having a lawyer make the statement or sending down a stranger. He/she obviously did not handle it correctly.

The As have a tendancy to talk when they should shut up and not talk when they should.

they need to garner the publics sympathy at this time, if that is even possible now and a nice statement from them showing the correct amount of grief would have done wonders for their public persona.

Then quietly go through their grieving process. People would respect them for these actions.

The lawyer could even have made the statement while they were at the memorial if they felt that they could not speak but making a public appearance with the appropriate emotions would be good.

Bobby62
12-21-2008, 06:45 PM
I think he is doing a fine job. I also thought Mr Nejame did a fine job. The difference so far is that Cindy is following BC's advice to keep a low profile. She totally ignored everything Mr. Nejame advised her to do.

BC mentioned that his clients would like to meet with Casey without benefit of electronic surveillance. This would be possible if Mr Baez would hire the A's and brought them with him to jail to provide secretarial services for his meeting with his client. Seems legal but maybe not. Any JD's care to weigh in?

I reckon being an attorney aint all that easy these days

pirate
12-21-2008, 06:56 PM
With all due respect, Agave, if the Anthonys stepped outside and walked to that memorial they would have to face hecklers and aggressive behavior and I'm not sure that they should have to do that right now.

I do agree that they obstructed justice. I do agree that one or both of them should face charges. I do agree that they created the monster that is Casey.

But I do believe that they never dreamed Casey was capable of this. And I also believe that in their hearts they may have known that Caylee was gone but they grasped hope in the Zanny Nanny story and held on for dear life. That little bit of hope was so much nicer than facing the reality that their beautiful innoncent granddaughter was murdered in cold blood by the daughter they raised.

I do have some sympathy for them- I didn't know Caylee but my heart is raw. I cannot imagine what they are feeling right now since they did know her, nurture her, and love her before we all ever even heard of her.

They are facing something more horrifying even than losing a child- they are facing the fact that their own child is lost to them because she murdered her own child. It's a double tragedy and they do deserve some compassion for that. And putting ourselves in their shoes is virtually impossible but I have to think that I would exhaust every **possibility** before condemning a child I raised and recognizing them as a murderer.

They are far from perfect people. I'm not sure that they are what the average American would consider normal- but we have only seen them at the very worst time of their lives.

They have so much that they have to face and accept right now- facing the public in the wake of their support of their murderous daughter is more than any human being could handle right now.

With regard to the toys, time is of the essence. Christmas is four days away and the toys would need to be distributed immediately. This may not seem ideal to some people, but again, they are now dam*** no matter what they do.

cfromcanada
12-21-2008, 06:57 PM
I like him..I also like Nejame but they refused to listen to him. Maybe, just maybe they have learned their lesson and are listening instead of speaking for a change! They would not be easy clients so I think he is doing very well with them so far.

Bluebelle
12-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Brad Conway is also using little Caylee as his meal ticket to achieve fame & fortune. He will be tossing his hat into the ring as a judicial candidate in an upcoming election.

100%Agave
12-21-2008, 07:03 PM
With all due respect, Agave, if the Anthonys stepped outside and walked to that memorial they would have to face hecklers and aggressive behavior and I'm not sure that they should have to do that right now.

I understand what they would be facing, however it is not like they have not faced that before. Most of it is of their own making.

Now is the time to allow the public to see true emotions. It is okay for them to be angry at the public and at what they say but it is not okay for them to act on it like they did with the protestors. Let LE handle that stuff.

Go out, see the memorial, shed some tears for Caylee along with the public who are shedding tears as well.

They have handled things so badly from the very beginning that they may not ever fully recover from it but you have to make the effort.

LCoastMom
12-21-2008, 07:06 PM
I too thought at first that he would be good for the As, maybe help with their public image but after the "nanny did it" announcement I am not so sure.

At least, they seem to be keeping their mouths shut but the announcement about them wanting a private visit with KC was unnecesary. That could have been handled in private with the jail personnel. Then there is the whole thing with the toys at the memorial, that statement should have been made by the As.

They needed to handle this a little more sensitively.

First, they could have left them there a while longer. They could make a public statement that they appreciate the memorial and that instead of leaving a toy they would like for the toys to be donated in Caylee's name. They could also have let people know that all toys that are left at the memorial will be collected and donated to "name of charity here".

They could go down there and publicly pick out a couple of ones that they would want to keep in remembrance of her and make the announcement there at that time.

Tears would be good. Telling the public that they are grieving and understand that everyone else is as well and a little blurb about how special Caylee was to bring all of these people together would be nice.

Look through the memorial items, read some of the notes, take a couple of flowers, a toy or two. Make the announcement then leave.

this would have gone over so much better that having a lawyer make the statement or sending down a stranger. He/she obviously did not handle it correctly.

The As have a tendancy to talk when they should shut up and not talk when they should.

they need to garner the publics sympathy at this time, if that is even possible now and a nice statement from them showing the correct amount of grief would have done wonders for their public persona.

Then quietly go through their grieving process. People would respect them for these actions.

The lawyer could even have made the statement while they were at the memorial if they felt that they could not speak but making a public appearance with the appropriate emotions would be good.

Wow, this is beginning to sound like the Queen when princess Diana died. She needed to be told how to behave in public for the sake of all those who loved and supported Diana. She needed to be told how to behave in private for the sake of her two sons who love her dearly.

The only one who came out of that tragedy smelling good was Charles who had a mistress throughout his marriage, who played polo as his son had surgery on a compressed skull fracture and suddenly became Prince Mom to his boys who needed him desperately. Now married to his mistress Charlie is happy at last.

Anyone else seeing the similarities?

Chilly Willy
12-21-2008, 07:10 PM
The A's don't need to shed their tears publicly, IMO. They'd just open themselves up to all sorts of criticism about how the tears were fake, it was just a show, they were crying for Casey not for Caylee, Cindy just wanted to get her face in the media, etc.

I need only to look at the pictures from Caylee's life with her grandparents to know that the A's are crushed. They loved and adored Caylee. That's enough for me.

CarolinaMoon
12-21-2008, 07:11 PM
I think he came into the situation at the right time. The discovery of the remains made the A's realize the legal morass they were in and now appreciate decent legal advice.

MN was in a totally different situation and couldn't with all good conscience continue with his representation.

Personally, I think Cindy and George each need their own attorney. There may be an occasion when their "cases" oppose each other's.

As for the memorial. I think it is a good thing that the toys will be donated. I would hate to see them ruined by the elements, as were Caylee's poor remains. Better a child in need have it. Since the memorial was set up on "iffy" territory, it's best that the A's make the decision, since they are in memory of Caylee.

pirate
12-21-2008, 07:17 PM
They have handled things so badly from the very beginning that they may not ever fully recover from it but you have to make the effort.

Snipped- They did handle things badly. But in all honesty, any effort they make right now is going to be ripped to shreds. And I don't put myself above being one of the shredders.

If they step out and cry they will be accused of trying to manipulate the public. If they don't they are cold hearted and not grateful for the outpouring of grief for their granddaughter.

Grief has five stages.

Denial- We have seen plenty of that from them.

Anger- We've seen lots of that too.

Bargaining- Plenty of this as well.

Depression- I believe this has been an underlying emotion for them since July when this first became evident.

Acceptance- They now have to accept the cold, hard reality that Caylee is gone forever. There is no choice. They have to plan a funeral and accept the circumstances surrounding her death, whatever they may be.

They are probably struggling with acceptance now- of more than the loss of that beautiful little girl. They now are forced to face the fact that their daughter lied to them. And with that, they have to accept that she was likely responsible for Caylee's death.

I believe strongly that is what's happening at that house on Hopespring Drive right now. They not only have to accept these things, but they have to acknowledge that they, out of desperation, believed Casey's lies even though they were so obviously lies.

They are probably devastated, humiliated, disappointed, and are also facing legal consequences for their actions in defense of their daughter.

And there is an angry world outside their door anxious to rub their faces in the fact that they believed in their daughter.

And I will add that I don't know that I'd be able to keep my mouth shut if I were near them- but I do feel compassion for where they are today.

And I sincerely hope that with Mr. Conway's help that they will understand they horrible mistake they made in trusting their daughter and will now assist with the prosecution.

Wishful thinking maybe, but I am trying so hard to find something that will help me to believe that Caylee enjoyed true and pure love from somebody in her life. We know that wasn't from her mother- but I think it may have been from her Grandparents.

100%Agave
12-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Wow, this is beginning to sound like the Queen when princess Diana died. She needed to be told how to behave in public for the sake of all those who loved and supported Diana. She needed to be told how to behave in private for the sake of her two sons who love her dearly.

The only one who came out of that tragedy smelling good was Charles who had a mistress throughout his marriage, who played polo as his son had surgery on a compressed skull fracture and suddenly became Prince Mom to his boys who needed him desperately. Now married to his mistress Charlie is happy at last.

Maybe it seems that way but that was not my intention. I just think that their public image is tarnished and a little public show of grief might do that a world of good.

As for Charles, can't stand the man, have never been able to stand him and think he is a selfish prick who couldn't think of anyone but himself ever. Spoiled child, spoiled adult. Don't even get me started on him and what I think he is responsible for.

trac
12-21-2008, 07:22 PM
You should add an 'On the fence, not sure about this lawyer' on the poll - I'm not sure about him yet

chelle70
12-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Snipped- They did handle things badly. But in all honesty, any effort they make right now is going to be ripped to shreds. And I don't put myself above being one of the shredders.

If they step out and cry they will be accused of trying to manipulate the public. If they don't they are cold hearted and not grateful for the outpouring of grief for their granddaughter.

Grief has five stages.

Denial- We have seen plenty of that from them.

Anger- We've seen lots of that too.

Bargaining- Plenty of this as well.

Depression- I believe this has been an underlying emotion for them since July when this first became evident.

Acceptance- They now have to accept the cold, hard reality that Caylee is gone forever. There is no choice. They have to plan a funeral and accept the circumstances surrounding her death, whatever they may be.

They are probably struggling with acceptance now- of more than the loss of that beautiful little girl. They now are forced to face the fact that their daughter lied to them. And with that, they have to accept that she was likely responsible for Caylee's death.

I believe strongly that is what's happening at that house on Hopespring Drive right now. They not only have to accept these things, but they have to acknowledge that they, out of desperation, believed Casey's lies even though they were so obviously lies.

They are probably devastated, humiliated, disappointed, and are also facing legal consequences for their actions in defense of their daughter.

And there is an angry world outside their door anxious to rub their faces in the fact that they believed in their daughter.

And I will add that I don't know that I'd be able to keep my mouth shut if I were near them- but I do feel compassion for where they are today.

And I sincerely hope that with Mr. Conway's help that they will understand they horrible mistake they made in trusting their daughter and will now assist with the prosecution.

Wishful thinking maybe, but I am trying so hard to find something that will help me to believe that Caylee enjoyed true and pure love from somebody in her life. We know that wasn't from her mother- but I think it may have been from her Grandparents.

I see you just joined Websleuths----welcome! However, we have covered the stages of grieving ad nauseum over the last 4 months or so.

LCoastMom
12-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Brad Conway is also using little Caylee as his meal ticket to achieve fame & fortune. He will be tossing his hat into the ring as a judicial candidate in an upcoming election.

Brad C will not garner any sympathy representing C&G. If he is the man he appears to be, he doesn't care. His hat was already in the ring, before the A's
came along. As long as he makes sure Caylee is treated respectfully I don't care if he runs for President off this. Caylee needs to be given the respect her mother tried to take away when she left her in a trash bag.

Either he didn't know all the A's had done to be so hated by so many, or he choose to over look it and present a clean slate from the time he signed on. If they will listen to him they may come out of this with a few tail feathers intact. If he starts bowing to them, he's done in his bid for judge.

The A's need to follow his advice and he needs to keep them on a really short leash. If they obstructed, grieving grandparents or not they will be prosecuted. Maybe, just maybe he will be able to keep them out of jail. One more reason they need to listen to their lawyer.

Brad appears more approachable then MN did. As much as I think MN is an excellent attorney I think Brad will be better received, as long as he stays in charge. The first time he lets the A's start making the rules, he's toast.

Whisperer
12-21-2008, 07:41 PM
I have not heard today's statement. If he mentioned the "Nanny" as some reported, I will become skeptical. The fact that he asked for special privileges has me on alert.

People are remarking about the skill of containing CA. I don't know how long he can contain her...IMO, not long.

JustMy2Cents
12-21-2008, 07:53 PM
I think he came into the situation at the right time. The discovery of the remains made the A's realize the legal morass they were in and now appreciate decent legal advice.

MN was in a totally different situation and couldn't with all good conscience continue with his representation.

Personally, I think Cindy and George each need their own attorney. There may be an occasion when their "cases" oppose each other's.

As for the memorial. I think it is a good thing that the toys will be donated. I would hate to see them ruined by the elements, as were Caylee's poor remains. Better a child in need have it. Since the memorial was set up on "iffy" territory, it's best that the A's make the decision, since they are in memory of Caylee.

I agree in theory donating the toys is a good idea, in actuality, not so much. Those are not their toys to give, they are not on their property and they are not Caylee's next of kin, KC is. They have no authority to touch anything that has been laid there in memory of Caylee and to do so is in poor taste. JMO, but I firmly believe this. Not only from an emotional point of view but as a public relations point of view this is just another, among many, really really bad choices the Anthony's continue to make.

mollie
12-21-2008, 08:17 PM

I do agree that they obstructed justice. I do agree that one or both of them should face charges. I do agree that they created the monster that is Casey.

But I do believe that they never dreamed Casey was capable of this. And I also believe that in their hearts they may have known that Caylee was gone but they grasped hope in the Zanny Nanny story and held on for dear life. That little bit of hope was so much nicer than facing the reality that their beautiful innoncent granddaughter was murdered in cold blood by the daughter they raised.

I do have some sympathy for them- I didn't know Caylee but my heart is raw. I cannot imagine what they are feeling right now since they did know her, nurture her, and love her before we all ever even heard of her.

They are facing something more horrifying even than losing a child- they are facing the fact that their own child is lost to them because she murdered her own child. It's a double tragedy and they do deserve some compassion for that. And putting ourselves in their shoes is virtually impossible but I have to think that I would exhaust every **possibility** before condemning a child I raised and recognizing them as a murderer.

They are far from perfect people. I'm not sure that they are what the average American would consider normal- but we have only seen them at the very worst time of their lives.

They have so much that they have to face and accept right now- facing the public in the wake of their support of their murderous daughter is more than any human being could handle right now.

With regard to the toys, time is of the essence. Christmas is four days away and the toys would need to be distributed immediately. This may not seem ideal to some people, but again, they are now dam*** no matter what they do.

I agree with this completely, and bolded the end, as I think this is a unique time for their grief with Christmas so quickly approaching.

There are many children who are in need, and to receive a teddy bear or any stuffed animal would be an enormous highlight to their awful situation. I don't think the A's would be doing this if Christmas wasn't fast approaching.

I also believe that although in the dark recesses of their minds, they must have known the truth, they held out for any semblance of hope: even JB was saying Caylee was alive 2 days before the ME announced the final identification.

The A's also have to deal with that Sunshine law in FL, which means any contact they have with KC will be released and broadcast on NG and other shows. As much as I am curious, this again is a damned if you do, damned if you don't. They know they made some major misstatements. I'm hoping they are ready to come clean and this lawyer is going to guide them. I just cannot imagine going all this time without physically seeing my daughter, no matter what she did.

I cannot imagine not being able to talk, even hold my daughter at this time, despite all the evidence, and grieve. At the same time, I can't imagine not being able to ask her, face to face, one time, what happened. If it could be recorded for authorities, but not released to the public, it would be so much better. When you get down to it, it's a nightmare situation.

This lawyer seems to be dealing with common sense so far. He is not sensationalistic in his approach to their situation. Please understand, I do not condone their actions, and I do think they may have more involvement post Caylee's death, some possible crimes of commission, other crimes of omission.

sweetmop
12-21-2008, 08:22 PM
I know nothing of Brad Coway, though he appears to be a good man, and I remember hearing Marc Nejame say that he was a superb attorney when he came onboard. I really liked Nejame and knew when he stepped into this mess, he would have his hands full. I believe the same is going to be true for Brad Coway. He has his work cut out for him, that's a given.
I hope he can assist Cindy and George with seeing the truth in all of this. I really do. And I think to do anything less will hurt his career. I had not heard that he spoke of 'the nanny' , that's news to me. That's not a good sign at all. You know the man is privy to all of the court house talk, and then some, he knows as well as we do that there is NO NANNY!!!

I can't understand at all why the pastor that has been offering his support to C & G and now this new attorney can't help these people to face the reality and the truth! Cindy knows that no nanny ever existed. No one has seen the nanny, met the nanny, spoken to the nanny, or saw pictures of the nanny!
Why oh why do intelligent people want to play along with the sick games?
I just don't comprehend their rationale. Some day, some how, some way, it has to stop!

LCoastMom
12-21-2008, 08:30 PM
I have not heard today's statement. If he mentioned the "Nanny" as some reported, I will become skeptical. The fact that he asked for special privileges has me on alert.

People are remarking about the skill of containing CA. I don't know how long he can contain her...IMO, not long.

The "Nanny" is the A's new euphemism for baby killer. As long as KC's defense sticks by the nanny story anyone representing the rest of the family has no choice but to use the same.

The less said by Brad about KC or the nanny the more credibility he will retain.

Regardless of the charges, KC is still their daughter and their grand daughter has just been confirmed dead. There is nothing sinister or wrong for the A's atty to request a few minutes in private to see their daughter. For the A's to keep their grief private. The jail was able to arrange a private meeting between GA and KC in July. JB talked her out of seeing him.

This time I believe it will be left up to a judge to decide and I can live with whatever he says. KC hasn't been convicted yet.

CapsDeej
12-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I like him for the fact that he got them to zip it.

Ocean Lover
12-21-2008, 08:46 PM
I liked him at first and thought he was good and was representing them well. However lately he has started the Anthony spin. They must hypnotize people or something. I haven't felt as highly of him the last couple of days.Kathryn, that's exactly how I feel!

okiedokietoo
12-21-2008, 09:00 PM
3. I'm just going this way--I don't trust anyone representing anyone in that family....the way things be spinned-------

I do think he is good but realize that there is also a reason....

I vote for #3

Spool
12-21-2008, 09:04 PM

My thoughts exactly!

Cher352
12-21-2008, 09:14 PM
I agree in theory donating the toys is a good idea, in actuality, not so much. Those are not their toys to give, they are not on their property and they are not Caylee's next of kin, KC is. They have no authority to touch anything that has been laid there in memory of Caylee and to do so is in poor taste. JMO, but I firmly believe this. Not only from an emotional point of view but as a public relations point of view this is just another, among many, really really bad choices the Anthony's continue to make.

Sorry I disagree and I think it is a wonderful idea especially at this time of the year. Hope they have already been taken in as a front is moving through Central FL and it just rained here. It would be shame to just let them sit out in the rain when so many kids have to do without. I think Caylee would love to share them. JMO

Chemaster
12-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Brad C will not garner any sympathy representing C&G. If he is the man he appears to be, he doesn't care. His hat was already in the ring, before the A's
came along. As long as he makes sure Caylee is treated respectfully I don't care if he runs for President off this. Caylee needs to be given the respect her mother tried to take away when she left her in a trash bag.

Either he didn't know all the A's had done to be so hated by so many, or he choose to over look it and present a clean slate from the time he signed on. If they will listen to him they may come out of this with a few tail feathers intact. If he starts bowing to them, he's done in his bid for judge.

The A's need to follow his advice and he needs to keep them on a really short leash. If they obstructed, grieving grandparents or not they will be prosecuted. Maybe, just maybe he will be able to keep them out of jail. One more reason they need to listen to their lawyer.

Brad appears more approachable then MN did. As much as I think MN is an excellent attorney I think Brad will be better received, as long as he stays in charge. The first time he lets the A's start making the rules, he's toast.

VERY good post!

inquiringmindz
12-21-2008, 09:25 PM
I like the new attorney. He appears to be a genuine caring person and not full of himself - down to earth.

Kimmer
12-21-2008, 09:38 PM
I really really hate to be rude, But why is it that the A's are showing so much care & compassion for toys & gifts for Caylee that are laying on the ground, When for the past 6 months they could not show the same for there Grandaughter that was laying in the exact same spot...Do you really think that everytime it rained they worried about where Caylee was laying...I know they love her and I would not doubt that for a second..But dear god listening to BC today made me want to throw up...I just dont get it I am so mad I can't sit still and I just had to say something...They dont want the toys to rot in the ground...WELL...But they are going to leave the cards & other stuff there....GRRRRRRR....

crazylovemonkee
12-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by JustMy2Cents

Sorry I disagree and I think it is a wonderful idea especially at this time of the year. Hope they have already been taken in as a front is moving through Central FL and it just rained here. It would be shame to just let them sit out in the rain when so many kids have to do without. I think Caylee would love to share them. JMO

MPO.... The toys and momentos were left for Caylee.... I do not feel they should be donated..... If I lived in FL knowing the memorial had been taken down.... I would make it a part of my day.. every morning to drive by the site and leave a rose... even if it was taken down there would be a new one the next morning... In Memory Of Caylee.......

Kimster
12-21-2008, 09:51 PM
I didn't vote because I can't decide. I need to see more of a track record.

Oakley
12-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Jury's still out for me.

mkath59
12-21-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm not overwhelmed.

So far, I liked MN much better. He seemed to be a good and honorable man.

Maybe he could be George's personal atty.

chelle70
12-22-2008, 12:37 AM
Jury's still out for me.

Not so sure yet either. He became their attorney w/in 48 hrs. of Caylee's remains being discovered, so its "quiet time" for the A's right now. So his job, w/ regard to "Spindy" especially, has been a breeze. We'll see how he gets a month or so from now when the A's are a little less traumatized. He'll probably start spinning things soon. He already has made some weird statement about Casey and threw it out there that it would be strange if she committed this murder and leave the body so close to home.

cyberborg
12-22-2008, 12:49 AM
The "Nanny" is the A's new euphemism for baby killer. As long as KC's defense sticks by the nanny story anyone representing the rest of the family has no choice but to use the same.

The less said by Brad about KC or the nanny the more credibility he will retain.

[snip]

:clap: :clap: ITA :clap: :clap:

The jury is still out for me.

magnolia
12-22-2008, 05:35 AM
I like this guy.

LaLaw2000
12-22-2008, 06:11 AM
I haven't decided whether I like BC or not.

21merc7
12-22-2008, 07:36 AM
I think he is a good attorney. I do not think he is interested in spin. The A's need an attorney and have a right to have a good one. So far, he is doing what a good attorney would given the circumstances. Even though I don't like the latest about pursuing others profiteering from the case, it is legally acceptable.

zoey
12-22-2008, 08:47 AM
I also think that the removal of the memorial could cause yet another round of protesters...they just need to back off of things...jb claims he is doing media blitzs for potential change of venue---a's should follow that in this case...they do things just to cause attention to themselves.....just let it go at this point --- it is for Caylee---I think removal will be a public nightmare ---- its tense enough--why do they continue to stroke it??????

amethyst221
12-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Too soon to know. I haven't seen him do much lawyering, other than in the PR aspect that's so prevalent in this case. The A's are keeping silent and he is so far able to speak for them, as a representative is supposed to do. He himself presents a nice and sympathetic figure, but that may not persuade people if the message from the A's stays the same. It does seem he was more acceptable than Mr. N because he will carry forth the Casey banner, as the A's apparently wish. That seems odd, coming from their attorney, who for some reason felt the need in one of his first public statements to suggest the A's need and want immunity as part of their new leaf of cooperating with LE.

Maybe it's a defense attorney thing, but there seems to be some prevalent idea that the best way to garner sympathy for a client is to publicly suggest they have been unfairly treated by LE. Nothing would be further from the truth in the case of the A's. How many times is he going to go on TV and misstate that they can't visit Casey because the tapes will be on television the next day, and they wish to see her in private? He knows well and good how most of the tapes that were released came to be released, and when, and he knows the rules at the jail.

Having written all this, I guess the thing I notice is that everything gets taken to the public forum, rather than proper channels. If you want or need immunity, which suggests a degree of jeopardy for your clients, go privately to the state and LE and discuss it. If you feel they are wrongfully being deprived of a special jail visiting privilege, file a motion with the court and make an official request, stating your case. Why does an attorney even have to be out in front of the cameras with an A spin on every event that occurs? Oh, well.

oceanblueeyes
12-22-2008, 09:49 AM
I think any attorney that can contain the Anthonys has to be a good lawyer.

imoo

madeleine
12-22-2008, 09:53 AM
I like him.
Don't shoot the messenger.:)

tiredofthis
12-22-2008, 09:55 AM
I like him.
Don't shoot the messenger.:)

I like him more than MN. However, I like MN better now that he has walked away from the A's.

enjay
12-22-2008, 10:14 AM
You should add an 'On the fence, not sure about this lawyer' on the poll - I'm not sure about him yetThat's where I'm at. On the fence. As to the Anthonys and the memorial, I would have a good deal more sympathy for them if the announcement about the stuffed animals being donated to charity was followed up by an announcement to what charity the monies raised in Caylee's name was going to be donated to. Betcha the money never sees a charity unless it's the one that begins at home. JMO:mad:

txelaine1
12-22-2008, 10:35 AM
I like him, for the most part. I don't agree on sending the momentoes left at the memorial site to charity just yet. I don't think that helps the Anthony's in the court of public opinion. And, they need lots of help in that court.

If they absolutely want to send toys to a charity in Caylee's memory to use for this Christmas, why not send the dozens of toys that are in their possession in their home? (I know the answer is that, as grieving grandparents, they are not willing to part with them yet. However, have that same respect for the others who have left toys at the memorial. They left them there for a reason and did not choose to give them to charity. That is their gift and memory of Caylee.)

As far as time being of the essence, since Christmas is near, again I don't think this is an excuse to tear down a public memorial. There are other occassions where charities give gifts to children, as well as next Christmas.

I have a hard time understanding the Anthony's actions in some cases, but have been sympathetic because I do not honestly know how I would react under such horrible circumstances. This is just another reaction (removing the public memorial) that I struggle to understand. Why is it not comforting to them that others are grieving with them? Do they see it as a stab at the fact that their daughter is accused of her murder?

MissDiva
12-22-2008, 10:43 AM

So they should just sit out there and get dirty and rained on, instead of being used by a child who may not get anything else for Christmas? Sorry, but I disagree.

If they had thrown out the toys, they'd be criticized. If they had ignored them completely, they'd be criticized.

They aren't Caylee's next of kin, but how exactly is Casey supposed to do anything with the memorial?

These people can't do ANYTHING without being blasted.

whiteangora
12-22-2008, 10:55 AM
It took me awhile to decide about Conway, now I am getting a better picture of what he's all about.
Spinnnnnnnnnnn
Here's a quote from him,
"Every conversation they have with her is taped or videotaped and immediately released in the media the next day," he said. "
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/22/national/main4681516.shtml

There has Never been any taped conversations between Casey and her visitors that were released the next day. That was a huge exaggeration on Conway's part. Wolf in sheeps clothing ---jmo

txmama
12-22-2008, 10:55 AM
I like him. But I keep expecting him to say "Super-size that" because I think he resembles Morgan Spurlock.

Honestly tho, what COULD the Anthony's do that would not attract criticism? I think at this point they're 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' for just about everything.

Coley
12-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Mr. Conway seems like a great guy with a great heart. Every time he speaks you can see the sadness in his eyes about this case. I honestly and whole heartedly hope the A's can learn and grow from him.

pirate
12-22-2008, 11:12 AM
That's where I'm at. On the fence. As to the Anthonys and the memorial, I would have a good deal more sympathy for them if the announcement about the stuffed animals being donated to charity was followed up by an announcement to what charity the monies raised in Caylee's name was going to be donated to. Betcha the money never sees a charity unless it's the one that begins at home. JMO:mad:

On the local news it was said that they are deciding now which missing child agency/agencies will receive that money.

Recovering-Lurker
12-22-2008, 11:13 AM
I like him. But I keep expecting him to say "Super-size that" because I think he resembles Morgan Spurlock.

*snipped*
Ha! He does look like him.

Coley
12-22-2008, 12:09 PM
I like him more than MN. However, I like MN better now that he has walked away from the A's.

I like MN. I believe he is an all around good attorney. He gave an interview on one of the local stations and actually said more about the case since Caylee was ID'd. He also stated, when asked a question about KC defense, that he would not be commenting on anything that could help the defense. I just had to yell "GO MN" when I heard him say that.

txmama
12-22-2008, 01:25 PM
I saw that interview too Coley & I cheered when he said that. I like MN too.

Coley
12-22-2008, 01:27 PM
I saw that interview too Coley & I cheered when he said that. I like MN too.

Me too. Gosh, if you think about it this case is any lawyers dream into making big bucks now and in the future and for MN to walk away just speaks volumes to me about his character.

Chilly Willy
12-22-2008, 01:37 PM
So they should just sit out there and get dirty and rained on, instead of being used by a child who may not get anything else for Christmas? Sorry, but I disagree.

If they had thrown out the toys, they'd be criticized. If they had ignored them completely, they'd be criticized.

They aren't Caylee's next of kin, but how exactly is Casey supposed to do anything with the memorial?

I wish everyone who criticizes the A's for donating the toys would have to look a poor child in the eye and tell them that they don't deserve a toy for Christmas this year - while a mountain of perfectly good toys rots in the weather, never to be touched by a child.

Coley
12-22-2008, 01:39 PM
I wish everyone who criticizes the A's for donating the toys would have to look a poor child in the eye and tell them that they don't deserve a toy for Christmas this year - while a mountain of perfectly good toys rots in the weather, never to be touched by a child.

ITA but IMO this isn't up to the A's. It's up to the property owner.

Chilly Willy
12-22-2008, 01:48 PM
ITA but IMO this isn't up to the A's. It's up to the property owner.

What does it matter?

Coley
12-22-2008, 02:02 PM
What does it matter?

It doesn't matter to me but legally that's who it's up to.

ETA: It probably matters to the people who don't want their toy that they bought specifically for Caylee given to another person. Now, if the A's came out and said if you want to honor Caylee then donate to charities then it would be another story.

They are ONLY donating the toy's that don't have notes to Caylee. The other's are staying put.

Chilly Willy
12-22-2008, 02:27 PM
It doesn't matter to me but legally that's who it's up to.

ETA: It probably matters to the people who don't want their toy that they bought specifically for Caylee given to another person. Now, if the A's came out and said if you want to honor Caylee then donate to charities then it would be another story.

They are ONLY donating the toy's that don't have notes to Caylee. The other's are staying put.

I can't imagine that anyone would not rather see the stuffed animal they left go to a needy child than to have it destroyed by the weather and eventually become road kill. They toys were left to express love for Caylee. They've accomplished that and can now be put to a second just as worthy use at Christmas time. It boggles my mind that people are against that.

I also can't understand why it would be more appropriate for some landowner who is not, according to what was posted the other day, even a Florida resident, to make the decision about what should happen to the toys than it is for the grandparents. Perhaps legally it's his place, but I'd be shocked if he didn't agree with the wishes of the grandparents.

The officers there yesterday said they were taking the toys at the A's request. Are they breaking the law?

SeriouslySearching
12-22-2008, 02:34 PM
At least BC doesn't come across as badly as the rest of them and he has successfully put a sock in their mouths temporarily which is much more than MN could do. It shows he is doing a better job in some respects.

However, he is still a spin doc. He goes about it a different way than the others and I believe it is why he is coming off as more effective. I don't buy what he is selling, but his pitch is low-key and delivered with a hint of feeling remorseful on the A fam's part which had been lacking until now.

Coley
12-22-2008, 02:36 PM
I can't imagine that anyone would not rather see the stuffed animal they left go to a needy child than to have it destroyed by the weather and eventually become road kill. They toys were left to express love for Caylee. They've accomplished that and can now be put to a second just as worthy use at Christmas time. It boggles my mind that people are against that.

I also can't understand why it would be more appropriate for some landowner who is not, according to what was posted the other day, even a Florida resident, to make the decision about what should happen to the toys than it is for the grandparents. Perhaps legally it's his place, but I'd be shocked if he didn't agree with the wishes of the grandparents.

The officers there yesterday said they were taking the toys at the A's request. Are they breaking the law?

I have no idea. I just know from the video I watched of the person driving the van to take them away was greeted by a very heated exchange with a lot of the people that were dropping stuff off.

Coley
12-22-2008, 02:38 PM
At least BC doesn't come across as badly as the rest of them and he has successfully put a sock in their mouths temporarily which is much more than MN could do. It shows he is doing a better job in some respects.

However, he is still a spin doc. He goes about it a different way than the others and I believe it is why he is coming off as more effective. I don't buy what he is selling, but his pitch is low-key and delivered with a hint of feeling remorseful on the A fam's part which had been lacking until now.

This is where I get confused. They didn't listen to MN but are listening to BC. It seems this all started changing when it was reported that they might be facing charges.

SeriouslySearching
12-22-2008, 02:40 PM
I wish everyone who criticizes the A's for donating the toys would have to look a poor child in the eye and tell them that they don't deserve a toy for Christmas this year - while a mountain of perfectly good toys rots in the weather, never to be touched by a child.Give me a break! They couldn't wait to throw the other toys and items away!! There was not a single thought on the A fam's part to "helping other unfortunate children" at any time prior to this statement!! The other items went from their donor straight into the trash can out of SPITE and for no other reason. The A fam does NOT do anything for anyone else out of the "kindness of their hearts"...at least I have seen NOT one iota of anything to say or suggest they do!

This, imo, was a suggestion from BC to lessen them removing what they deemed to be "inappropriate" again. If Cindy were allowed on cam to blast people for leaving the darn toys and messages...I assure you it would sound like a repeat of her prior damnations to John Q. Public.

enjay
12-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Give me a break! They couldn't wait to throw the other toys and items away!! There was not a single thought on the A fam's part to "helping other unfortunate children" at any time prior to this statement!! The other items went from their donor straight into the trash can out of SPITE and for no other reason. The A fam does NOT do anything for anyone else out of the "kindness of their hearts"...at least I have seen NOT one iota of anything to say or suggest they do!

This, imo, was a suggestion from BC to lessen them removing what they deemed to be "inappropriate" again. If Cindy were allowed on cam to blast people for leaving the darn toys and messages...I assure you it would sound like a repeat of her prior damnations to John Q. Public.ITA. :clap:

curiositycat
12-22-2008, 02:46 PM
He is a spin master IMO. He is very centered and very calm but he is still a spin master. The most dangerous kind IMO. Why?? You just don't see it coming! LOL

BeanE
12-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Every time I see this thread I'm reminded of a very old Saturday Night Live skit with Dan Akroyd. Dan was doing a spoof of a commercial for a product, which looked like an aerosol spray can of whipped cream. He asked "Is it a floor wax?" (while spraying it on the floor and mopping) "or is it a dessert topping?" (while spraying it on a desert). Then he says "It's a dessert topping AND a floor wax!!!"

I think Brad is a very good attorney, and a very good spinmaster. Exactly what the As need. I like him. He's doing a great job. Look how already so many people have begun turning around and sticking up for the As, defending them, saying to back off them. I do think a good amount of that is due to Brad's influence. He's irresistible. Sincere, well spoken, smart, good at wording things in a way that's extremely hard to refute.

Let me also say that I don't see anything wrong with a good attorney being a good spinmaster. It's become more and more necessary with cases that receive a lot of media focus.

Tom'sGirl
12-22-2008, 03:00 PM
This thread has gone Off Topic in many posts. Please discuss/post your thoughts about the Attorney and stop the rants about what's going on with the Memorial Site.

Thanks a bunch!

Coley
12-22-2008, 03:02 PM
I just found this:

On "The Early Show," Conway said he wasn't hired to defend the grandparents.

"They have done absolutely nothing wrong," Conway said. "The Anthonys cooperated fully from the beginning. In fact, they gave evidence before any warrants were ever issued or signed by a judge. So if they are charged, I"ll be ready to defend them aggressively and throughly, and at this point, of course, I've got the concern because they [law enforcement] can do what they want, but I've been told by the state attorney's office and the Orange County Sheriff's Office that no charges are in the works."

Conway said that George and Cindy have not been in touch with their daughter.

"They have no privacy with her," Conway said. "Every conversation they have is taped or videotaped and then immediately released and on the media the next day."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/12/casey-anthony-s.html

So what was he hired for?

whiteangora
12-22-2008, 03:11 PM
He is a spin master IMO. He is very centered and very calm but he is still a spin master. The most dangerous kind IMO. Why?? You just don't see it coming! LOL

You nailed it! Some lawyers are good actors, he is definitely laying it on thick to gain support for C & G. Baez on the other hand lacks not only acting abilities but simple logic and comprehension as well.

ThoughtElf
12-22-2008, 10:49 PM
I want to change my vote, please.

MissJames
12-22-2008, 11:32 PM
I want to change my vote, please.

Permission granted

Pink Panther
12-23-2008, 02:59 AM
Not a lot of options here. I don't know enough about this guy yet to vote. He could be "well meaning" but he hasn't said or done enough for one to really determine one way or another. I'm suspect right off the batt because of what the A's have done to date but I don't think that MJ had evil intentions when he signed on...I think that he thought he was defending the "underdogs" before he realized that he was being "snowed". This guy could be in the same boat. If he's not, he's looking for fame and fortune...MOO

whiteangora
12-23-2008, 11:00 AM
I just found this:

On "The Early Show," Conway said he wasn't hired to defend the grandparents.

"They have done absolutely nothing wrong," Conway said. "The Anthonys cooperated fully from the beginning. In fact, they gave evidence before any warrants were ever issued or signed by a judge. So if they are charged, I"ll be ready to defend them aggressively and throughly, and at this point, of course, I've got the concern because they [law enforcement] can do what they want, but I've been told by the state attorney's office and the Orange County Sheriff's Office that no charges are in the works."

Conway said that George and Cindy have not been in touch with their daughter.

"They have no privacy with her," Conway said. "Every conversation they have is taped or videotaped and then immediately released and on the media the next day."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/12/casey-anthony-s.html

So what was he hired for?

Just reading that above statement he made on the Early Show about not being hired to defend C&G says a lot.
They have done nothing wrong, but he will defend them? Double talking babble. This guy is very slick.

pirate
12-23-2008, 11:11 AM
I like him and I'm hoping he will be able to convince G&C that it is time to face the facts relating to their granddaughter's murder and although it will be difficult, seek justice on behalf of their Granddaughter.

Conway has faced hardships of his own- losing his mobility in an accident as a very young man must have been devastating. Hopefully he will be able to relate to them regarding their loss and picking up the pieces to make the very best of a horrible situation.

I think I'd like to change my vote as well- *if* the rumors are true that G&C would like the public to help pay for Caylee's funeral- which apparently Conway said yesterday, I have lost all respect for him condoning and supporting this.

I understand that as Casey's parents they would like to hope for her innocence, but as their attorney, it is his job to help them to understand the volume of evidence pointing to her guilt and not permit them to continue pointing fingers at everyone on the fringe of their lives. Since he also supposedly said they are supporting Casey, I'm not sure that he is doing his job.

ishouldbworking
12-23-2008, 11:27 AM
On the local news it was said that they are deciding now which missing child agency/agencies will receive that money.

im sure it will be KFN

i wish i had read this whole thread prior to voting.
:bang:

Truthwillsetufree
12-23-2008, 12:01 PM

I agree SS. I was impressed at first. The A's message is slowly creeping in though.

cuppy199
12-23-2008, 12:02 PM
I personally liked the A's first lawyer. He defended his clients but refused to spin for KC defense. This lawyer seems to be on the spinning the defense team IMO

Malini2001
12-23-2008, 05:12 PM
None of the choices express my opinion.

I think he is a good and competent attorney, but that doesn't mean I like what he is doing in this case. He speaks well and seems to have the intentions of his clients as his focus. He seems to know the law and he is much better as a spokesperson than anybody else the A's have had.

That doesn't mean I think NeJame(sp?) was a bad representative, he just didn't have the same knack for public speaking that it sounds like Conway does. Conway has a slow, measured, sincere way of speaking. He still has a long ways to go in repairing any damage the A's have done to their own reputation. And I'm not sure he is going about that in the right way. Time will tell. He should avoid mentioning their daughter as much as possible.

Ten times better than anyone else involved in representing the A's in any way have been (NeJame excepted). And certainly a better lawyer than Baez.

cfromcanada
12-23-2008, 07:21 PM

ITA..Toys left in the elements are useless to anyone. Caylee can't play with them and what better way to honor her memory than to give them to children in need. They left the balloons,cards and letters...I think that was the most reasonable thing they have done!! Also, to ask them to clean out Caylee's room,possessions at this time, Whoah...that is way too cruel!

Friday
11-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Article: http://www.wesh.com/news/21654855/detail.html

Former Meter Reader Found Remains Of Slain Toddler, Caylee Anthony
POSTED: 3:38 pm EST November 18, 2009
UPDATED: 4:19 pm EST November 18, 2009
<snipped>

His attorney told WESH 2 Thursday that Kronk has some things in his past he's not proud of, but none of that has any bearing on his discovery of Caylee's remains or that he's been truthful about how it occurred.
__________________________________________________ _______

Anthonys Say They Only Want Truth From Kronk

The Anthonys' attorney (Brad Conway) said Kronk's personal life and the circumstances of discovering the remains are different things. George and Cindy Anthony's attorney said all they want is the truth from Kronk and not dirt about his past.

"They have been vilified unfairly. They know what it's like to be under a microscope unfairly and they don't want that to happen to someone who found their granddaughter," attorney Brad Conway said."

This is such a barefaced, pointless lie from Brad Conway that it's not just disgusting, it's also a little insulting to the intelligence.

Based on a series of e-mails released in a recent document dump, Cindy has been vigorously digging for dirt on Roy Kronk's personal life, and has gone so far as to have Dominic Casey question Kronk's former brother-and-sister-in-law about Kronk's relationship with his dead wife! Brad Conway was copied in on many of these e-mails.

http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2009/0929/21146565.pdf

(Begins at hand-numbered page 8048)

OneLostGrl
11-19-2009, 02:36 AM
Permission granted

:laugh:

ZsaZsa
11-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Just where do the Anthonys get off thinking they are being gracious by 'stopping' the witch hunt against Kronk?

Just Jayla
11-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Just where do the Anthonys get off thinking they are being gracious by 'stopping' the witch hunt against Kronk?

I don't know that they want to stop the witchhunt, I have to wonder if BC has advised them to back off and that is the message he has chosen to put out there.
In BC's defense, though he has disappointed me in many ways, I see him trying to reign them in and I see how the A's just run right over him...Like in the LKL interview re: the diary.

BC has the option to walk away from these people, but he doesn't-Instead he slips things in to try to alleviate things and then the A's turn around and do exactly what he said they would not do. BC has culpability in this sense, is he so thirsty for money or pub. that he would continue to deal with this? I'm thinking he has also blurred the lines between friendship/sympathy for the A's and professionalism.

TotallyObsessed
11-19-2009, 09:35 AM
He's in it up to his neck....the BS that is. Never think for one minute he would try to spin anything the opposite way of the As

Reagan
11-19-2009, 09:54 AM
they don't want that to happen to someone who found their granddaughter

This is what I don't get, and I'm glad this thread was bumped because I wasn't sure where to address this.

So Kronk found their granddaughter but Caylee is still alive? Why can't they make up their mind? Half the time, what Brad says, and what the A's say are completely conflicting. He's stated numerous times about Caylee no longer being alive, but the A's don't think the body, which they had a memorial for and cremated, is Caylee.

What the hell is a matter with these people?

Btw, I know the poll is closed, but I think Conway is an awful attorney, and is no better than the clients he represents.

coco puff
11-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Since the day that BC said during a interview that "his clients have always told the truth and their love for their daughter will not change that", I have come to the conclusion that either:

He is incompetent
He thinks everyone else is stupid
He is a liar
He doesn't get cable and can't figure out how to work Youtube

ZsaZsa
11-19-2009, 11:16 AM
This is what I don't get, and I'm glad this thread was bumped because I wasn't sure where to address this.

So Kronk found their granddaughter but Caylee is still alive? Why can't they make up their mind? Half the time, what Brad says, and what the A's say are completely conflicting. He's stated numerous times about Caylee no longer being alive, but the A's don't think the body, which they had a memorial for and cremated, is Caylee.

What the hell is a matter with these people?

Btw, I know the poll is closed, but I think Conway is an awful attorney, and is no better than the clients he represents.

Hopefully we will find out before too much longer. Bill Sheaffer's next Blog topic will be 'Will the Anthonys be charged with Perjury?'. I hope they will ,for Caylee. 'That child' deserves better than that family...

Leila
11-19-2009, 02:09 PM
BC should know that anyone who's followed this case, knows better. The Anthonys have contempt for anyone outside their immediate family, and have no desire for the truth to be told. Their whole belief system is built on lies.

I don't know why they've even got an attorney, as they won't follow his advise. The Anthony's depos in the civil case showed how ineffective BC is as an attorney. He scored a zero in preparing them for those depos, and failed miserably in keeping them reined in.

ZsaZsa
11-19-2009, 02:19 PM
They have humiliated him a time or two- he must be desperate or he would have done what Mark NeJame did- kick them to the kerb. In a way it's good they happened upon him, he has so little influence over them that they just say whatever the impulse dictates, so far they have made iidiots/perjurers of themselves on the record, so I think that is the silver lining..

Mindopen
11-19-2009, 02:57 PM
By hinting that RK has something to hide and then stating that that his clients are simply on a mission to find the truth etc (despite their countless glaring inconsistencies and refusal to take polygraphs etc) BC is just doing his job. It's the people on the other side of the mike I take exception with. There's a common denominator in all of these interviews with the As and their reps that we definitely won't see at KC's trial - soft ball questioning, or often, no questioning at all.

sleutherontheside
11-19-2009, 03:58 PM
While I am baffled and at times disgusted by the A's behavior, I can't put into perspective their point of view. VERY early on before any of the "soundbites" , media rounds, and "advocate at all costs" campaigns started they were "just parents". THe public judged them for allowing KC to come home while out on bail. People equated "support" for their daughter as "dismissing Caylee". I think MN realized early on that their actions may create issues down the road. I think he counseled them and they ignored his suggestions. Their "sleuthing" and attempt to find anything in anyones past that COULD "help" their daughter is behavior that I suspect any one of us may RESORT to in an effort to save the life of their child. If they state that they are doing so in order to "prove KC's innocence", I suspect they are just doing so in order to spare her life. This post may imply I am sympathetic to the A family OR believe some of their garbage. I am just trying to point out that they need counsel and if not BC, we would be discussing someone else.

OneLostGrl
11-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Since the day that BC said during a interview that "his clients have always told the truth and their love for their daughter will not change that", I have come to the conclusion that either:

He is incompetent
He is a liar

bold is mine

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/OneLostGrl/funny/ADHDkitten.gif

knt
11-19-2009, 05:23 PM

He is incompetent
He is a liar

BBM, Well then, I say he's qualified to join the defense team!! :)

RR0004
11-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Article: http://www.wesh.com/news/21654855/detail.html

Former Meter Reader Found Remains Of Slain Toddler, Caylee Anthony
POSTED: 3:38 pm EST November 18, 2009
UPDATED: 4:19 pm EST November 18, 2009
<snipped>

His attorney told WESH 2 Thursday that Kronk has some things in his past he's not proud of, but none of that has any bearing on his discovery of Caylee's remains or that he's been truthful about how it occurred.
__________________________________________________ _______

Anthonys Say They Only Want Truth From Kronk

The Anthonys' attorney (Brad Conway) said Kronk's personal life and the circumstances of discovering the remains are different things. George and Cindy Anthony's attorney said all they want is the truth from Kronk and not dirt about his past.

"They have been vilified unfairly. They know what it's like to be under a microscope unfairly and they don't want that to happen to someone who found their granddaughter," attorney Brad Conway said."

This is such a barefaced, pointless lie from Brad Conway that it's not just disgusting, it's also a little insulting to the intelligence.

Based on a series of e-mails released in a recent document dump, Cindy has been vigorously digging for dirt on Roy Kronk's personal life, and has gone so far as to have Dominic Casey question Kronk's former brother-and-sister-in-law about Kronk's relationship with his dead wife! Brad Conway was copied in on many of these e-mails.

http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2009/0929/21146565.pdf

(Begins at hand-numbered page 8048)
Yea!! Someone posted about this...has anyone taken a look at the news updates today? There's a new member of the defense team hired to do just that...dig up dirt. Did the As think that by publicly announcing their distaste for this ahead of the public meeting Mr. Smith that we'd ignore the fact that the defense is doing just that?! (Oh...sure, they're in no way tied to the defense.)

ZsaZsa
11-19-2009, 06:07 PM
This guy-
http://www.mortsmith.com/
of course it is the defense team he is on- the Anthonys are not connected in any way.... they don't want any more dirty tricks :sick:

cecybeans
11-19-2009, 06:13 PM
This guy-
of course it is the defense team he is on- the Anthonys are not connected in any way.... they don't want any more dirty tricks :sick:

His bio makes it look like he is connected to or knows AL. Maybe she thinks that, given the botching JB/DC did on this, she needs to retrace some steps using a true professional and come to her own conclusions. She is on record as not being fond of SODDI angles, so this may just be to tie up loose ends, but who knows? I think the spin cycle is permanently on.

RR0004
11-19-2009, 06:16 PM
His bio makes it look like he is connected to or knows AL. Maybe she thinks that, given the botching JB/DC did on this, she needs to retrace some steps using a true professional and come to her own conclusions. She is on record as not being fond of SODDI angles, so this may just be to tie up loose ends, but who knows? I think the spin cycle is permanently on.
Yup...work at the same school.

sleutherontheside
11-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Mort Smith teaches at Depaul and has participated in seminars with AL. They most certainly know eachother and are professionally involved. Some of his specialties include "witness prep, locate, and interview". Considering the fact the AL has been retained to get the death penalty OFF the table (her job is NOT to prove innocence) it would be safe IMO to assume that Mr. Smith will be doing a lot of preliminary bus driving in an effort to "save KC". In fact.... I would bet that he has visited WS or has someone doing that for him.

I assume it os OK to post first and last names as he is an involved party much like JB and AL.

LambChop
11-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Yup...work at the same school.

I just posted a question in the Procedures and Legal thread. Is this normal for a PI to attend a deposition presuming he was sitting in on the proceedings. Or was he just there for intimidation purposes??

autumnlover
11-19-2009, 08:48 PM
BC is GA 2.0

Amil
11-19-2009, 11:46 PM
This guy-

The newest member of the gravy train.

ZsaZsa
11-19-2009, 11:49 PM

Exactly. If he has a book in the works I shall :sick:

RR0004
11-20-2009, 01:50 AM
I just posted a question in the Procedures and Legal thread. Is this normal for a PI to attend a deposition presuming he was sitting in on the proceedings. Or was he just there for intimidation purposes??
A very good question...I guess because he works for the law firm he is allowed?

Just Jayla
12-10-2009, 12:15 AM
I hate the fact that BC is getting celebrity cases now (he is representing one of the Tiger Woods hoochies), and that JB weighed in on Geraldo as a Tiger Woods correspondent...gag me with a giant ladle.
JB has not won the case here, so I am not sure why Geraldo loves him so much, and BC! Think really hard and please tell me what exactly he has done in this case that would gain him the reputation of top notch attorney?

autumnlover
12-10-2009, 01:02 AM
I refuse to watch Geraldo because of his JB pandering. It makes me positively nauseous. If I need an update on the case I come here.

rhornsby
12-10-2009, 02:58 AM
Mort Smith teaches at Depaul and has participated in seminars with AL. They most certainly know eachother and are professionally involved. Some of his specialties include "witness prep, locate, and interview". Considering the fact the AL has been retained to get the death penalty OFF the table (her job is NOT to prove innocence) it would be safe IMO to assume that Mr. Smith will be doing a lot of preliminary bus driving in an effort to "save KC". In fact.... I would bet that he has visited WS or has someone doing that for him.

I assume it os OK to post first and last names as he is an involved party much like JB and AL.

He is probably what is known as a "Mitigation Specialist" in death penalty circles, meaning he focuses on finding information that will be beneficial to a client during the penalty phase - when mitigation is admissible.

kaRN
12-10-2009, 07:19 AM
He is probably what is known as a "Mitigation Specialist" in death penalty circles, meaning he focuses on finding information that will be beneficial to a client during the penalty phase - when mitigation is admissible.

Thanks Richard!
Wow, it sure takes a lot of high profile mitigation experts to be involved so early on....and for a completely innocent client at that. :innocent:
It's kind of sad really. If KC was even 1/4 of the 'Mother of the year' her Mommy claims her to be, her life well lived, by normal standards would be mitigation enough, wouldn't it?

essies
12-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Thank you Patty G!:aktion033:
BC flew to NY for this? Betcha there are more interviews lined up!:waitasec:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o20JrL9DX24
No lies? No inconsistencies? Come on!!:banghead:

BeanE
12-12-2009, 09:42 AM

I transcribed Brad's statement of note. It is at 4:48:

I've represented them for a year now and certainly in my representation they have not made any inconsistent statements. They have not lied. They've been truthful at every turn. And prior to my entry into the case, I believe that they also gave evidence, and were truthful at every turn.

Patty G
12-12-2009, 09:49 AM

I've represented them for a year now and certainly in my representation they have not made any inconsistent statements. They have not lied. They've been truthful at every turn. And prior to my entry into the case, I believe that they also gave evidence, and were truthful at every turn.

All I can do is :banghead: after hearing Brad this morning.

Just Jayla
12-12-2009, 04:39 PM

They haven't lied? How about when CA was sitting right next to him lying on LKL? Brad talked about how OCSO took pics of the diary when they executed the search warrant-which is correct...
But then, IIRC, CA puts her arm accross his chest, says "no," and goes on to explain that police surreptitiously took that picture and leaked it.
Brad just looked at her funny and went with her flow.

From the show:

KING: Help me here, Brad, because that's supposed to be key evidence here.

CONWAY: Larry, I've got custody of that diary. That was written in 2003, June 21st, two years before Caylee was even born.

KING: Who introduced it? Who brought this to the public?

CONWAY: That was disclosed along with the state's discovery.

KING: Why would the prosecutor issue something that was two years before the baby was born?

CONWAY: Because it was released with the discovery.

C. ANTHONY: No, it wasn't, Brad. It wasn't. Let me explain. The prosecutor didn't have that diary, didn't look at the diary. We had it. Someone at the Sheriff's department took a picture of the diary while they were in our house. We have possession of the diary. And leaked it to the media, and the media ran with it.

And then, a few weeks later, Brad showed the state's attorney's office the diary. They don't want it, because it's not evidence.

essies
12-12-2009, 04:47 PM
How about when they ALL said there was no duct tape over her mouth!!!
http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww53/essie_bucket/bangheadhere.jpg

mitzi
12-12-2009, 11:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o20JrL9DX24

Bold mine.

Please...just no interviews with "Maggie"... I don't think I could take it. Too bad Kathi B. can't get them for an interview. There is no way that any of them from the defense and the Anthonys would have a sit down with her, but, oh, how I would love it. :innocent:

mitzi
12-12-2009, 11:09 PM

It's beyond me how some can look people in the eye, and out and out lie like that. :banghead:

QB.
12-15-2009, 01:06 PM
In this segment BConway says it is the first time he has heard about the 3 pieces of duct tape, even the reporter says it is a bombshell. Is it possible BConway is not well informed about the discovery?
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2009.12.15 Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE ***

And what is the host talking about at the end of this segment with BC's other high profile client being TG, huh??? Is this true?

thanks to PattyG for the link.

mydailyopinions
12-15-2009, 01:31 PM
In this segment BConway says it is the first time he has heard about the 3 pieces of duct tape, even the reporter says it is a bombshell. Is it possible BConway is not well informed about the discovery?
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2009.12.15 Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE *** (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4565797&postcount=6)

And what is the host talking about at the end of this segment with BC's other high profile client being TG, huh??? Is this true?

thanks to PattyG for the link.

Yes QB
Conway is now defending one of the women in TW's life, not his wife..
I don't think that Conway has read all the discovery..that or hasn't comprehended it well..

Mamabear1963
12-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Does this mean that BC doesn't read the discovery...:loser:and now BC is talking about no where in the nation that hasn't heard...but geez...here he is talking and talking...

I don't get it...well actually I do...they need to get their spin out there...

I really can't wait for the trial... :croc:

Bobbisangel
12-15-2009, 01:45 PM

I would really like to know where all of the gravy is coming from. There is no way that all of the people working on that case are doing it Pro Bono...no way in heck. Anyone know??

cyberborg
12-15-2009, 01:51 PM

BC has obviously drunk too much of the A Family kool aid, of course CA has not told any lies or been inconsistent ...... she has consistently told mistruths and half truths but no lies.

BC plays coy and dumb often, he was previously stating there was no duct tape around the skull, no sticker and now, didn't know about 3 pieces. He knows ..... he is just playing the media.

BC is good at his game and leaves everyone scratching their head wondering. He plays the champion of open-ness and truth .... but only selectively, most is deception and deflection. He uses the small elements of truth to buy credibility for the whole.

BC: These aren't the droids you're looking for.
Media: These aren't the droids we're looking for.
BC: He can go about his business.
Media: You can go about your business

sleutherontheside
12-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Looks like Brad is representing KC's friend Holly in a rather serious legal issue. I think this is relevant to the KC forum as HG has spoken out publicly and on camera during tv interviews about KC and the entire A family. Wow....if I were BC, I would have referred this case to another attorney. Click on photo to enlarge.

fhc
12-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Looks like Brad is representing KC's friend Holly in a rather serious legal issue. I think this is relevant to the KC forum as HG has spoke out about KC and the entire A family. Wow....if I were BC, I would have referred this case to another attorney. Click on photo to enlarge.

iirc, holly is the neighbor. Is there any more info. on the charges?

sleutherontheside
12-30-2009, 09:15 PM
iirc, holly is the neighbor. Is there any more info. on the charges?

Oddly......there is no news of it. Still looking.

sleutherontheside
12-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Looks like a domestic issue.

cecybeans
12-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Looks like a domestic issue.

And implies other behavioral problems perhaps.

ZsaZsa
12-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Who is the victim?

BeanE
12-30-2009, 09:44 PM
This woman babysat Caylee at times, did she not?

ETA: And was/is on the board of the Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation?

I think we need a thread. She's been a staunch defender of KC, and probably is (was?) slated as a character witness.

Thanks for finding this and for posting it, Sleuther.

Leila
12-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Bold mine.

Please...just no interviews with "Maggie"... I don't think I could take it. Too bad Kathi B. can't get them for an interview. There is no way that any of them from the defense and the Anthonys would have a sit down with her, but, oh, how I would love it. :innocent:

I have to smile :) at the thought of GA and CA doing a sit down interview with Kathi Belich! I can just imagine some of the tough questions she'd ask! But, sadly, GA and CA aren't capable of sitting down and being honest.

If only GA and CA knew............knew that the public at large, some of whom are members of the jury pool...........are asking the same tough questions KB would ask, and want answers - the truth, not some fable.

BeanE
01-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Oddly......there is no news of it. Still looking.

Now there's some:

Casey Anthony Supporter Facing Own Charges
Posted: 6:28 pm EST January 4, 2010

Gagne faces felony charges after police say she attacked her husband with a bat.

Gagne is accused of fighting with her husband over photographs that didn't belong to her and attacking him when he tried to prevent her from taking the photos.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22123858/detail.html

I sure would like to know what those photos are.

Excellent sleuthing, sleuther, btw :-)

:blowkiss:

Kentjbkent
01-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Now there's some:

Casey Anthony Supporter Facing Own Charges
Posted: 6:28 pm EST January 4, 2010

Gagne faces felony charges after police say she attacked her husband with a bat.

Gagne is accused of fighting with her husband over photographs that didn't belong to her and attacking him when he tried to prevent her from taking the photos.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22123858/detail.html

I sure would like to know what those photos are.

Excellent sleuthing, sleuther, btw :-)

:blowkiss:

Sleuther, you continue to amaze......

So, have you been able to determine if Holly stole Cindy's bat....or was it vice versa? LOL

The World According
01-04-2010, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oGQ1-otlD0

I had never heard that it was Hoover trying to sell the woods search video for big money! Woaoooo. Not cool!!! What a jerk, he should have taken it straight to law enforcement with the tape. WOW, what in the world?!! I wonder if Brad brought any action against him.

The World According
01-04-2010, 07:17 PM
I had never heard this, but listen to what Brad claims they have proof of Kronk being in the woods on other days than he claimed. I don't think it was Brad's place to state that Casey cannot testify, I think he slipped up there.
1.50 mark in the video

LambChop
01-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Funny but that interview was a year ago and there has been information about RK from BC since then. Of course Brad also stated that there was no duct tape on the skull and other misstatements I can't think of right now.

Just Jayla
01-04-2010, 08:47 PM

I had never heard that it was Hoover trying to sell the woods search video for big money! Woaoooo. Not cool!!! What a jerk, he should have taken it straight to law enforcement with the tape. WOW, what in the world?!! I wonder if Brad brought any action against him.

LE asked JH if he was planning on selling the footage, and he said yes, sometime down the road he might sell the stuff-Guess he wasn't lyin!

Horace Finklestein
01-04-2010, 09:41 PM

So is it acceptable for an attorney to blatantly lie like that? I mean the 'inconsistencies' are in black and white from the depositions, the media interviews and the jail recordings. What am I missing here?

comomx3
01-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Wow! BC. There are no words. No inconsistent statements? It's as if these people do not realize they can NOT just bend the facts to fit their needs. Facts are Facts.

mitzi
01-05-2010, 12:09 AM
So is it acceptable for an attorney to blatantly lie like that? I mean the 'inconsistencies' are in black and white from the depositions, the media interviews and the jail recordings. What am I missing here?

Yeah, BC can lie all he wants in the media...just not in the courtroom. :(

sleutherontheside
01-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah, BC can lie all he wants in the media...just not in the courtroom. :(

Yes...in the media it's called SPIN.....in the courtroom it's PERJURY.

Macushla
03-17-2010, 02:51 PM
I believe the affair story is true, so please understand that my comments are coming from that viewpoint.

BC's statements have me wondering "what was he thinking?" Of course, In his original statement he denied that GA made the accident statement and then went on to throw 'dirt' on both sisters. I said in a post, somewhere, that he would have been better off using the 'we won't dignify this with a response' line. Well, he went even further and I was stunned when I heard he stated that George denies an affair ever happened. He has been their lawyer since 12/08 - he must be able to read both of them by now. I can't help but feel he HAS to know that GA is lying! How far does someone's attorney go when dealing with something like this. OK, I know he can't make a statement like, "George said to tell you all it's a lie, but I don't believe him", but shouldn't he have counseled them to say either nothing, or something else? If, in the future, I am looking for a lawyer, I am not going to pick the guy who looked like a fool on national TV.

If, on the other hand, GA is a better actor than I ever imagined he was, and he has fooled BC, what will BC do when the proof is presented? Will he walk away from both Anthonys? Will he offer to still represent CA, but cut GA loose? How could he possibly still be willing to represent someone who made him look bad in front of millions of people? Will he be willing to put his career of practicing law in this area on the line for them?

I think BC has some serious thinking to do in the next few weeks, I really do.

Wise Old Owl
03-17-2010, 02:56 PM
ITA Mac!!!! This new revelation also makes you re-think the NeJame days and why he just up and walked away!!!! What he must know.

whiteangora
03-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Conway is not a good attorney, I think he proved that to everyone at the Morgan&Morgan depos. He did not take the upper hand with his clients and allowed them both to run a muck like 2nd graders.
The only good thing I see is how "good a fit" he is for the Anthonys.

LambChop
03-17-2010, 03:08 PM
It appears that BC may be buying into CA's "half-truth, mis-truth" way of speaking. He has made so many statements in the past that have us all saying "WHAT?" Does this sound like more of the "it depends on what the meaning of "is" is????? Why is the song "Breaking Up is Hard To Do" going through my mind. It's like it is everywhere..... JMO

amethyst221
03-17-2010, 03:36 PM
How else would someone so apparently talentless have made his way onto the national news and talk shows? Representing the A's is probably the highlight of his practice.

faefrost
03-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Conway is not a good attorney, I think he proved that to everyone at the Morgan&Morgan depos. He did not take the upper hand with his clients and allowed them both to run a muck like 2nd graders.
The only good thing I see is how "good a fit" he is for the Anthonys.

Now let's be fair. Does anyone think a "good" attorney would go near this mess at this point? especially after seeing a well respected and known good local attorney, MN, walk away from it publicly?

shotzie
03-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Do a New Poll, now all the lies have been exposed...

Conway is just a spin doctor..

abbra
03-17-2010, 04:06 PM
He's all Spin. I wonder if he is working pro-bono for the A's ?

okiedokietoo
03-17-2010, 04:18 PM
I don't know if he is all spin but I figure he has to spin for his clients

essies
03-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Do a New Poll, now all the lies have been exposed...

Conway is just a spin doctor..

ITA We should try a new poll and compare results-I bet they would be reversed!!

steadychick
03-17-2010, 04:30 PM
He's all Spin. I wonder if he is working pro-bono for the A's ?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe he at one time said he was working pro bono. But then later, the Anthony's were asked about how much they had been paid for network appearances. They mentioned something about part of this money going to pay Brad. So who knows.

countzero
03-17-2010, 05:49 PM
I am not sorry making this statement. After BCs latest proffering of GAs innocence, I am completely of the belief that he and JB are sewn from the same cloth. Slight difference is in the threads that JB weaves in the stories he tells. Don't be mistaken, they, with the rest of the A clan sit at the top of their spinner. They keep spinning and spinning and spinning their stories hoping one will stick to the ground and have us believing them.

In KCs words "Absolutely"....... NOT will it ever happen.

Reagan
03-17-2010, 06:40 PM
I think it was said by CA that BC was getting $5,000. Yeah I know, consider the source.
All these lawyers who jumped on the scene hoping to get their name out there has backfired on them terribly. Who in their right mind would hire the likes of Baez or Conway?
I'd be better off representing myself.
BC is actually worse than JB in a sense.. because at least JB can shut his clients mouth eventually. BC might as well have been absent from the M&M depositions. He was just as inactive during the state depos as well.
Instead of taking an obvious hint from MN, BC just had to step in the circus and get his name out there. Too bad because I really think this case is going to destroy many careers. I do think this is going to be Andrea L's first loss too. As for JB.. I don't think there was a career to destroy in the first place.

Horace Finklestein
03-17-2010, 06:46 PM
He's certainly a liar there is no doubt about that. He intentionally misled people about the 20k for the 48 hours episode, stating that the Anthonys weren't getting paid for interviews. It's all mincing, prevaricating BS. I think it's a shame for the legal profession. Very sad individual. I don't get how people can go through life being dishonest and simply feel it is ok.

essies
03-17-2010, 07:26 PM
He's certainly a liar there is no doubt about that. He intentionally misled people about the 20k for the 48 hours episode, stating that the Anthonys weren't getting paid for interviews. It's all mincing, prevaricating BS. I think it's a shame for the legal profession. Very sad individual. I don't get how people can go through life being dishonest and simply feel it is ok.

He also intentionally misled people about the duct tape on LKL. :furious:

Horace Finklestein
03-17-2010, 07:58 PM
He also intentionally misled people about the duct tape on LKL. :furious:

He and Baez both really should be disbarred. I don't know how any lawyer can think they are doing their profession anything but harm.