PDA

View Full Version : MO MO - Renee Pernice: Mom of 3, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - Part #1

Pages : 1 [2]

Drivenon
01-28-2009, 09:58 AM
According to her lawyer, she's not a suspect. And she might not directly be involved but know something. She should talk to LE.

Wouldn't she have had to speak to LE to be cleared in the first place? Not saying that this is the case with her, but lots of lawyers say their clients are not suspects. If she knows anything, I sincerely hope she was honest with LE.

This "Shon" seems to have a wake of folks he duped behind him so it would not surprise me if he did.

Luzianne
01-28-2009, 04:38 PM
luvbeaches, I see you posted early in the thread that you know Renee's father, grandfather and grandmother. I know her grandfather recently died and he was 85 - but was his death unexpected or had he been sick? I feel so bad for their family having to go through this and then having the grandfather die too.

Luzianne
01-28-2009, 04:49 PM
She didn't speak to LE until today. http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/1005570.html

darkstar105
01-28-2009, 05:25 PM
she had better be careful or she might be the next one in the cooler, and I don't mean the cooler like jail.

darkstar105
01-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Luvbeaches, do you go to COR? I do, and they said Renee's father goes there. I don't know him, but some people at work knew him from where I work.

darkstar105
01-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Look on Google Street View at 6th and Gladstone, where Renee's cell phone was found, I think. There's a white, dual cab truck that was parked there whenever the Google-Mobile went by taking photos, which I think was probably this past summer.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=6th+and+gladstone,+kansas+city,+mo&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.610437,52.558594&ie=UTF8&ll=39.105255,-94.54658&spn=0.007793,0.012832&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr&layer=c&cbll=39.105255,-94.546476&panoid=yu67tgpMGMR_iAZaBgA11w&cbp=12,153.73435284767552,,0,8.844331026420837

luvbeaches
01-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Luvbeaches, do you go to COR? I do, and they said Renee's father goes there. I don't know him, but some people at work knew him from where I work.

What is COR? I met Rick back in the early 70's and his parents about 10 years after that. We're on Grenada right now, and won't be back until next week. I really don't know what's going on other than Fred passed away, which broke my heart. He was a wonderful man with a wonderful sense of humor. I hate it that he passed while Renee was missing.

luvbeaches
01-28-2009, 07:05 PM
luvbeaches, I see you posted early in the thread that you know Renee's father, grandfather and grandmother. I know her grandfather recently died and he was 85 - but was his death unexpected or had he been sick? I feel so bad for their family having to go through this and then having the grandfather die too.

I feel the same way you do. How hard this must be on the family. :(

I'd rather not comment on Fred's health, however, I really don't know anything at this point other than he passed away. We're out of the country right now. We left town the day Fred passed away without knowing that he had passed. We have been in touch with our kids and one told me that I have a message on my machine from a friend who attended Fred's funeral. This is so sad. I've followed countless stories like this, but when it's someone you know, there's a line that I don't want to cross when discussing them and their health, so I do want to be very careful what I say online. I'm sure everyone here understands my reasoning behind feeling this way. But I do understand why you'd ask...if I didn't know the family I would be asking the same questions everyone else here is doing...and have asked on other cases. I do read here all the time to see what's going on...but haven't been checking daily since we left on our vacation.

I will say that Fred was a really funny guy. He always had a joke and could make you laugh until your sides hurt. His dear wife (Rose) is so sweet and my heart breaks for her and the rest of the family. It's just so sad that Fred passed away without knowing what happened to Renee. Rick and Nancy are very nice people and it's just hard for me to believe that this is someone I know and that they are suffering tremendously. They certainly are under a lot of stress, but they are a close-knit bunch and have lots of friends to support them. As always, my thoughts and prayers are with the entire Pretz family and Renee's kids...and all families that are in a similar situation.

JaneInOz
01-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Look on Google Street View at 6th and Gladstone, where Renee's cell phone was found, I think. There's a white, dual cab truck that was parked there whenever the Google-Mobile went by taking photos, which I think was probably this past summer.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=6th+and+gladstone,+kansas+city,+mo&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.610437,52.558594&ie=UTF8&ll=39.105255,-94.54658&spn=0.007793,0.012832&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr&layer=c&cbll=39.105255,-94.546476&panoid=yu67tgpMGMR_iAZaBgA11w&cbp=12,153.73435284767552,,0,8.844331026420837

Oh my word !

Look at that indeed - what made you look on google Street view ?

And her Lawyer said she isnt a suspect which yes I can see he is saying she isnt a suspect - at the current time but obviously they are watching her etc

JaneInOz
01-28-2009, 07:30 PM
http://www.kctv5.com/news/18588199/detail.html

Police Interview Woman In Case Of Missing Mother
Sharp Accompanied By Attorney, Kansas City Officer Says

After KCTV5's story aired revealing Sharp's identity, Sharp's attorney, Edward Byrne, issued the following statement:

"Area media have today identified Kelli A. Sharp of Overland Park, Kansas in connection with an ongoing investigation of the disappearance of Renee Pernice on January 2. This office represents Ms. Sharp. We are cooperating fully with local authorities as they continue their search for answers in this case.

Ms. Sharp is NOT a suspect in this investigation. She has no knowledge whatsoever concerning the underlying events, nor does she have any information on the whereabouts of Renee Pernice, or what may have happened to her. Ms. Sharp is merely a responsible citizen who hopes to assist law enforcement officials as they pursue every possible lead. No further inferences should be drawn from todays publication of her name.

Kelli Sharp is a dedicated, professional school teacher in the community, and the mother of two. We ask that you respect her privacy until this investigation is brought to a conclusion by the responsible authorities."

shannon2008
01-28-2009, 09:06 PM
This story is on Nancy Grace tonight on CNN.

Luzianne
01-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Luvbeaches - that is perfectly understandable that you wouldn't want to get on the internet and tell everything you know about Renee's family. We all understand that!

On Nancy Grace just now, they said that the "unidentified woman" has been seen with Shon since Renee's disappearance. Apparently she's not the only woman he's been seen with, either, as the reporter said that he imagines there are going to be QUITE A FEW woman they want to talk to in this case.

Nancy kept asking what about the truck and neither the reporter nor Captain Lockhart mentioned the coolers/storage containers in the back. I was disappointed that they didn't mention that!

Luzianne
01-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Oh my word !

Look at that indeed - what made you look on google Street view ?

And her Lawyer said she isnt a suspect which yes I can see he is saying she isnt a suspect - at the current time but obviously they are watching her etc

That's not the same truck. the back window shape is definitely different. Plus that looks like and older truck and people are saying the truck in the surveillance video is a newer truck. Also, that truck on the street doesn't have racks on the roof.

On Nancy Grace tonight, Captain Lockhart said they have other details about the truck that they know but are not making public.

JaneInOz
01-28-2009, 11:00 PM
That's not the same truck. the back window shape is definitely different. Plus that looks like and older truck and people are saying the truck in the surveillance video is a newer truck. Also, that truck on the street doesn't have racks on the roof.

On Nancy Grace tonight, Captain Lockhart said they have other details about the truck that they know but are not making public.

Ah Fair enough :)

Is there no word on the children either ?

Soulmagent
01-28-2009, 11:05 PM
I just found this link and I cant believe i hadnt heard this yet. You think it would of been mentioned.http://helpfindthelost.blogspot.com/

Glitterflits
01-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Here is a quote from Bonnie's Blog of Crime on Renee Pernice from 1/19:
Hi all.. I have a cold case that may be connected to Shon Pernice in addition to his wifes. I would like to contact anyone that has known him for over 5 years.

This must be the cold case they are referring to.. Another woman missing... Oh my gosh...this is horrible!

SeriouslySearching
01-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Here is the information on Star B. from the KBI page:

http://www.accesskansas.org/kbi/mostwanted/mw_sboomer1.shtml

This article has more of a story on her from her sister:

Two men were arrested and charged with second degree murder by District Attorney Nick Tomasic, but were later released and charges dismissed because witnesses did not come forth.

Hurtie hopes that perhaps some of the witnesses will reconsider and agree to testify.

"There are people who know what happened," she said. Evidence also disappeared according to Hurtie. She said that the police were unable to search a truck owned by one of the suspects. Another vehicle, owned by the bartending girlfriend of one of the alleged perpetrators, was found burned, Hurtie said.

~snip~

Investigators said it was believed that Boomer was killed in the bar and her body was dumped elsewhere.

http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=7697

JaneInOz
01-29-2009, 01:44 AM
At one point during the evening, Ms. Boomer allegedly was knocked to the ground, causing her to lose consciousness, by 'Gino Spradlin' of Kansas City, Kansas/Missouri. She was allegedly given a substance by 'Shon Pernice' while inside the bar, and subsequently carried out by 'Gino Spradlin' and Robert Horn "Butchie" of Kansas City Kansas/Missouri. Ms. Boomer has not been seen or heard from since that date.
The witness accounts that Shon Pernice administered a substance to Star Boomer before her disappearance

This website was just set up ?

But from the other website that SS gave

Boomer was a patron at Uncle Mike's Bar, 49th and Metropolitan, when she allegedly got into a violent fight with a man.

"There were about 13 witnesses who saw her get knocked to the ground and beaten until she was unconscious," said Hurtie. "No one lifted a finger to help her."

That was the last time anyone saw her.

Two men were arrested and charged with second degree murder by District Attorney Nick Tomasic, but were later released and charges dismissed because witnesses did not come forth.

So are records Kept ? of arrests and dismissals ?

Can someone look it up ?

It supposedly happened 7 years ago - not the dissapearance and beating but the Website that someone set up naming Shon Petrice as giving her a drug

It doesnt say that she was drugged by anyone in any of the other articles
Does anyone else think this a bit odd ?

What was Shon doing 7 years ago ?:

JaneInOz
01-29-2009, 01:46 AM
http://www.topix.com/city/kansas-city-mo/2009/01/truck-may-have-link-to-missing-northland-woman

IT would seem that this person also posted this on topix using just part of the blogger name

STAR

JaneInOz
01-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Forgive me but was this article posted before ? I missed part of this then

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,480425,00.html

According to a returned search warrant, investigators found a fake Navy Seal identification card with Shon Pernice's name and photograph when they searched the family's home, which Renee Pernice bought before she married Shon.

Investigators also removed from the home satellite equipment, an external thumb drive, a nursing notebook, a pineapple-style grenade with a hollowed-out bottom and a spent fuse.

Police said Shon Pernice, who is a member of the National Guard and has served with the Army in Iraq, was scheduled to leave for a three-week military session and then was planning to move out of the home.

JaneInOz
01-29-2009, 01:55 AM
Ok MORE info regarding STAR BOOMER - I can not see Shon Pernices name here - I think the blog could be fake ?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boomer_star.html

I cant copy and paste its protected

But it mentions those other two men and how they were charged and then dismissed

But as much as I think Shon is a scumbag and killed Renee I think this might be a porky

JaneInOz
01-29-2009, 02:26 AM
I don't suspect the blog is bogus. Even if we are not finding references to Shon in other places about that incident...it doesn't mean it didn't happen and witnesses did not see him there. Everything I have read does say that police state there were others involved.

I can believe that the witnesses did not come forward to testify and it is the reason the charges didn't stick on those men. Happens all the time. Fear of retalliation is a huge detractor when it comes to people wanting to testify. The two men charged evidently are well known in the area.

From what I read there was over a dozen witnesses that stood by and watched her get beat upon to the ground.

They should all be charged with being an accessory

Then maybe they would TELL THE TRUTH

Can we piece together where shon was 7 years ago ?

JaneInOz
01-29-2009, 02:32 AM
ITS FAKE

I just sent a email to them and suprise suprise no such email address!

Someone set that website up to do just this.

The focus does need to be on Renee

There has been no other claims of abuse from his ex or anything

I dont believe he was involved in the crime that was 7 years ago with Star

Glitterflits
01-29-2009, 02:44 AM
I completely agree. If others are involved the scope should be broadened. There is also a better chance that one might slip up or even turn on the others.

I did find a post on mothersarevanishing.blogspot.com about the other missing woman. It does appear to be from the same person from the website in question. However, a partial quote reads:

"...please contact us through our blog, if you have questions to the validity of our post. Shon was 'infact' in that bar that night, and is on the le list of witnesses."

IMO, on the list of witnessess and administering a substance to this women are two different things. I am in no way defending Shon, but this website is the only place that I have found making this connection. If it is true, hopefully the police are aware and investigating it also. Maybe two cases can be solved. On, Nancy Grace tonight the officer speaking made several comments that certain facts of the case are not being released. They know more than they are telling us and hopefully they are closing in on finding Renee and making an arrest.

JaneInOz
01-29-2009, 09:16 AM
And this Site Mothersarevanishing also state that Shon has a daughter from a Previous Marriage
Which is why I said Marriage earlier on which has been said is not correct.

And interesting enough the comment was this

Admin, before you remove the above post again, please contact us through our blog, if you have questions to the validity of our post. Shon was 'infact' in that bar that night, and is on the le list of witnesses.

So the blog already deleted one comment...
And they may not have seen todays.

I think its sus.

As Much as I think he is a POS going around stating things that are not factual can muddy the waters

And I agree although he may have been there stating he drugged someone is taking writing liberties a bit to far

Where is the proof ?

If people start focusing on that its going to detract from Renee and could go off on a wild goose chase

Better to stay with the facts of this case first

Luzianne
01-29-2009, 12:03 PM
are aware and investigating it also. Maybe two cases can be solved. On, Nancy Grace tonight the officer speaking made several comments that certain facts of the case are not being released. They know more than they are telling us and hopefully they are closing in on finding Renee and making an arrest.

That's what I am hoping, that they know a LOT more than they are telling us and are closing in. I keep expecting to hear there is a news conference or something saying they've arrested Shon or that they have new information or something. Wish we knew more.

darkstar105
01-29-2009, 12:04 PM
I wonder if whoever set up that "Shon Was At Uncle Mike's Bar The Night Star Boomer Was Killed" site is a poster on the Crime Scene KC Blog. Someone calling themselves Star posted about the Boomer case on the Crime Scene KC Blog -- pretty much the same thing that was on that other site: http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2009/01/new-leads-in-re.html

darkstar105
01-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Is this a surveillance camera on this church at 6th and Gladstone?
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=gladstone+and+st.+john+kansas+city+missouri&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.259599,50.361328&ie=UTF8&ll=39.105738,-94.545937&spn=0.008192,0.012295&z=16&iwloc=addr&layer=c&cbll=39.105646,-94.545949&panoid=jtrVEyumMjfvf9vg_EnHDQ&cbp=12,264.9178776195537,,1,-8.017976567492088

It is Independence Boulevard Christian Church, 606 Gladstone Blvd.

Luzianne
01-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Is this a surveillance camera on this church at 6th and Gladstone?
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=gladstone+and+st.+john+kansas+city+missouri&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.259599,50.361328&ie=UTF8&ll=39.105738,-94.545937&spn=0.008192,0.012295&z=16&iwloc=addr&layer=c&cbll=39.105646,-94.545949&panoid=jtrVEyumMjfvf9vg_EnHDQ&cbp=12,264.9178776195537,,1,-8.017976567492088

It is Independence Boulevard Christian Church, 606 Gladstone Blvd.

I am positive that's the one. I used to live on 6th Street between Chestnut and Gladstone, about 25 years ago. I thought I remembered a church on the corner of 6th and Gladstone but couldn't tell from the Google street view if what I was seeing was a church or not.

Police say they have more information than they are disclosing. I bet they have video of the phone being thrown from that truck. I think the truck was found at Independence Avenue and Gladstone, though. They keep saying 6th and Gladstone, but from what I have heard that is where the homeless guy who found the phone was when he called a family member of Renee's, and he was told by police to stay there and an officer went to him and got the phone. He said he'd found the phone on Independence Avenue, and he had found the phone at just after midnight on the 3rd, and then it wasn't until that afternoon, so over 12 hours later, that he called a Pernice family member and the police came and got the phone.

So I'm kind of confused about how that would all fit together, but I hope they do have video of the phone being thrown out of the truck. But looking at the street view, that church is close enough to Independence Avenue that a camera would indeed have been able to capture an image at Gladstone and Independence if it were pointed in the right direction, which apparently it was.

SeriouslySearching
01-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Star's sister did say she was working with a "detective with a cadaver dog" in the article she did which I posted earlier. (She didn't mention if he/she was any good tho! Only that she had contacted S. Brown and was disappointed.)

Back to Renee's case:

Has anyone seen it mentioned if Shon was a hunter or a fisherman? Outdoorsman? We know he had a miliary background (which he obviously lied to people about since they found his fake Seal ID).

SuziQ
01-29-2009, 03:23 PM
In an effort to clarify the info on Shon's involvement with Star's case, I sent emails to the Yahoo addy listed on the posts, to the actual admin at Helpfindthemissing, and to a reporter named redacted at KSHB. I just heard back from Helpfindthemissing and they said that:

I don't know if someone is wanting others to think this is coming form us, but it's not..

Thank you for letting me know about it...

I will let you know if I hear back from the others.

SuziQ
01-29-2009, 03:37 PM
I just heard back from Redacted at KSHB. She said she had not heard of the connection between the two cases, but that her assignment desk is looking for answers now. She said she is very interested in this case and questions why no arrests have been made.

Drivenon
01-29-2009, 03:41 PM
I just heard back from () at KSHB. She said she had not heard of the connection between the two cases, but that her assignment desk is looking for answers now. She said she is very interested in this case and questions why no arrests have been made.

I would have thought they could arrest him on the gun charges alone..

SuziQ
01-29-2009, 03:43 PM
I would have thought they could arrest him on the gun charges alone..

Do me a fav and redact the reporters name in the quote in your post. I have second thoughts about printing her name. I did not ask and she didn't not give me permission to post her name. tIA.

ETA: I agree about the gun charges.

SeriouslySearching
01-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Hmmm...OK so I guess that may be fake. Sorry, Jane.

Good work, Jane and Suzi!

SuziQ
01-29-2009, 03:47 PM

IDK, the yahoo addy did not bounce back. And the reporter said she'll let me know if they find any connection between the two cases.

SeriouslySearching
01-29-2009, 03:52 PM
I deleted my other posts. LOL Oh, well...let me know.

Future reference: Most people who know me rarely quote me because they know I am famous for the delete button. LOL No reason to leave posts which are off track, imo.

Luzianne
01-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Look at the comment by joancook at the end of this article. Hmmmmmm.
http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/1005570.html

JaneInOz
01-29-2009, 06:54 PM

It did bounce back with me as in it was Not real -said did not exist

Luziane I am sorry that this has come and interjected itself into Renee's thread but once it was dealt with and worked out if there was truth or not in it then we could move on.
It really was important that it was sorted out because if it was true it would go to show previous actions

If not true then it would show that someone is trying to deflect from Renee.

It won't overshadow this thread of the sleuthing on Renee have NO FEAR of that !

((((hugs)))) don't be upset

SS Do i need to delete any posts then ? where I have quoted you

darkstar105
01-29-2009, 07:29 PM
I think these are 2 surveillance cameras on the Value Super Food on Independence just east of Gladstone. However, the truck would have to be going east-west on Independence and I thought the paper made it sound like the truck went north-South on Gladstone.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=gladstone+and+st.+john+kansas+city+missouri&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.259599,50.361328&ie=UTF8&layer=c&cbll=39.10618,-94.546766&panoid=0kSX7RCpwe8D00-A_ZUwDw&cbp=12,11.248123599395512,,0,-3.7580703742273998&ll=39.106171,-94.546666&spn=0.008192,0.012295&z=16&iwloc=addr

Gladstone north of Indep. doesn't have Google Street View, boo hoo

Glitterflits
01-29-2009, 08:35 PM
I think these are 2 surveillance cameras on the Value Super Food on Independence just east of Gladstone. However, the truck would have to be going east-west on Independence and I thought the paper made it sound like the truck went north-South on Gladstone.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=gladstone+and+st.+john+kansas+city+missouri&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.259599,50.361328&ie=UTF8&layer=c&cbll=39.10618,-94.546766&panoid=0kSX7RCpwe8D00-A_ZUwDw&cbp=12,11.248123599395512,,0,-3.7580703742273998&ll=39.106171,-94.546666&spn=0.008192,0.012295&z=16&iwloc=addr

Gladstone north of Indep. doesn't have Google Street View, boo hoo

On Nancy Grace last night they mentioned that the video was from a camera on a church in the area. I think there was a mention of which church it could be in an earlier post. Hope this helps...

SuziQ
01-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Look at the comment by joancook at the end of this article. Hmmmmmm.
http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/1005570.html

Dang, the comments won't open for me. Is it anything good?

Luzianne
01-29-2009, 09:47 PM

It's slow to load. Just wait for it all to load then look at the bottom for the comments. Yes, it's good!

fabvab
01-29-2009, 11:27 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/1005570.html?pageNum=1&&&&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comments_Container
The reader commented that the lady whose photo the police published (she even stated her name) had an affair with her ex husband 18 years ago which resulted in their divorce.

darkstar105
01-30-2009, 12:02 AM
"On Nancy Grace last night they mentioned that the video was from a camera on a church in the area."

OK then, I think the truck was going south on Gladstone.

Luzianne
01-30-2009, 11:26 AM
It did bounce back with me as in it was Not real -said did not exist

Luziane I am sorry that this has come and interjected itself into Renee's thread but once it was dealt with and worked out if there was truth or not in it then we could move on.
It really was important that it was sorted out because if it was true it would go to show previous actions

If not true then it would show that someone is trying to deflect from Renee.

It won't overshadow this thread of the sleuthing on Renee have NO FEAR of that !

((((hugs)))) don't be upset

SS Do i need to delete any posts then ? where I have quoted you

I wasn't worried about that at all. I was referring to the kansascity.com site where the person posted information about Boomer in the comments section of that thread. I wasn't talking about anyone here or this site at all.

SuziQ
01-30-2009, 01:01 PM
The reporter I have been working with needs our help. She needs to locate Star's sister today regarding Shon's connection. Can anyone find contact info for Cynthia Hurtie? TIA.

Below is the link to Star's thread here at WS:

Star Gail Hurtie (Boomer), 39, Missing Since Feb 1999, Kansas City, Kansas (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36376)

SeriouslySearching
01-30-2009, 01:44 PM
http://www.kansascitykansan.com/articles/2...local/news1.txt

After 7 years, murder victim still missing

By CARMEN CARDINAL
Kansan Staff WriterThis article was written back in '06, but perhaps the reporter there could give information on a way to get in touch with her.

SuziQ
01-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks SS. I passed that tip along. I looked up Nursing licenses for KS and Mo. with no luck.

SuziQ
01-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Update

The reporter was able to contact Star's family and the info is no longer needed. She's heard some info from LE and is also in contact with Shon's attorney.

SeriouslySearching
01-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Good! Glad they tracked it down. Maybe we can learn something now!

Waaait...did you say in contact with SHON'S attorney?! WTH?!

SuziQ
01-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Good! Glad they tracked it down. Maybe we can learn something now!

Waaait...did you say in contact with SHON'S attorney?! WTH?!

Yeah, she's trying to get more information on Shon's relationship with Star Boomer. I'm sure well get the standard defense atty comment.

SuziQ
01-30-2009, 03:22 PM
David Lohr has this case up:

Missouri Police Seek Answers in Renee Pernice Case
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/01/missouri-police-seek-answers-in-renee-pernice-case.html

SuziQ
01-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Below is what I just received from the reporter. And that is that.

Hi Sue,

I've followed the Shon Pernice/Star Boomer connection, but we've not been able to prove the connection. We've not been able through court/police documents to prove that Shon was in that bar in 1999.
Thank you for forwarding me your tip, keep me posted on any other developments and I'll do the same.

JaneInOz
01-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Yeah, she's trying to get more information on Shon's relationship with Star Boomer. I'm sure well get the standard defense atty comment.

WOW......

Do you think this is due to what has been written on that blog ? what has been written in comments around etc ?

SeriouslySearching
01-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Well...here is a convenient defense built right in should the need arise:

According to family members, he suffered from post-traumatic stress syndrome.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/01/missouri-police-seek-answers-in-renee-pernice-case.html

Tonia
01-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Well...here is a convenient defense built right in should the need arise:

According to family members, he suffered from post-traumatic stress syndrome.

I knew that was coming,when the lawyer whined about how they came with the search warrant.

Glitterflits
01-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Here are links to the search warrants and evidence records from the artilcle by David Lohr. They show more about what was taken from the home and Renee's car and the reasons why the search warrants were issued. The reports read they are being handled by the Homicide unit. Obviously, many of us feel that Renee is the victim of foul play, but does LE know more about her fate? I wonder if that is standard procedure for a missing person investigation.

http://blogs.discovery.com/files/warrant01.pdf
http://blogs.discovery.com/files/warrant02.pdf
http://blogs.discovery.com/files/warrant03.pdf
http://blogs.discovery.com/files/warrant04.pdf
http://blogs.discovery.com/files/warrant05.pdf
http://blogs.discovery.com/files/warrant06.pdf

Drivenon
01-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Below is what I just received from the reporter. And that is that.

Hi Sue,

I've followed the Shon Pernice/Star Boomer connection, but we've not been able to prove the connection. We've not been able through court/police documents to prove that Shon was in that bar in 1999.
Thank you for forwarding me your tip, keep me posted on any other developments and I'll do the same.

SuziQ.. Great job, you have been an advocate for Renee as far as I am concerned.

SeriouslySearching
01-30-2009, 11:19 PM
They do run parallel investigations on cases with Missing Persons and Homicide at times. Since this case has some specifics such as her family saying she would not walk away from her children, her credit cards, phone or other items not being used, and various facts not pointing to a voluntary absence...it makes sense to investigate it simultaneously, imo. In some jurisdictions, the MP and H divisions are also one in the same.

SeriouslySearching
01-30-2009, 11:22 PM
SuziQ.. Great job, you have been an advocate for Renee as far as I am concerned.I agree! Great job, SuziQ! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I am impressed by what a quick response you were able to get, too! Kudos to that reporter! :clap::clap:

Glitterflits
01-31-2009, 12:26 AM
They do run parallel investigations on cases with Missing Persons and Homicide at times. Since this case has some specifics such as her family saying she would not walk away from her children, her credit cards, phone or other items not being used, and various facts not pointing to a voluntary absence...it makes sense to investigate it simultaneously, imo. In some jurisdictions, the MP and H divisions are also one in the same.

Thank you for the info... It was just so disturbing to me to actually see the words Homicide unit on the papers. While I know that is probably the case, it just makes it even more real...and sad.

SeriouslySearching
01-31-2009, 01:57 AM
It is very sad. Unfortunately, we see these cases far too often. I can honestly say that I would put Shon as the number one suspect right now. Even if LE won't name him as such due to the legality involved...I have no doubt they are concentrating the case on him.

I don't expect a good outcome. He should paint a red flag on his forehead and a bullseye on his back because he is about as transparent as the other men we have seen who have "vanished" their soon to be exwives, imo.

The ones I worry about are the children in such cases. They are left with the aftermath of a mother who has been instantly taken away and a father who blames her for what he perceives she caused him to do.

dsntslp
01-31-2009, 05:33 AM
The email address on that site is not helpfindthemissing it is helpfindthelost@yahoo.com.

Could this be the confusion because it works for me???

This is the site you are talking about right?
http://helpfindthelost.blogspot.com/

sohcnum
01-31-2009, 05:44 AM
only one place i have found the shon pernice name been mentioned with this case and thats a page that was created on 27th jan
http://helpfindthelost.blogspot.com/

and when trying to send email to ask question to the addy listed Helpfindthelost@yahoo.com the email came back delivery failed... undeliverable bad addy.

i dont think the man needs help proving guilt (imo and many others he IS) but am sure we would all like to know if this latest findings are fact.

if someone created this just to make him look more guilty (not possible btw) it would be a cruel thing to do to the other family giving false hope that a new lead has been found.

dsntslp
01-31-2009, 05:54 AM
My email went through. ????

JaneInOz
01-31-2009, 06:00 AM
My email went through. ????

Did you send it to the email addy on the Blog ? or the one you wrote in your previous post
the one of the blog ie helpfindthelost etc is a bogus one IMO

It def came back no adddress.

dsntslp
01-31-2009, 06:02 AM
I only just tried the helpfindthelost@yahoo.com a little while ago when I started reading here and it worked.

JaneInOz
01-31-2009, 06:05 AM
I only just tried the helpfindthelost@yahoo.com a little while ago when I started reading here and it worked.

Depends where you are sending it from - It might take ages to come back undeliverable

Do you have a hotmail acc ? try sending it from there - it will be fairly instantaneous if its undeliverable

dsntslp
01-31-2009, 06:10 AM
No, sorry, I don't.

dsntslp
01-31-2009, 06:11 AM
When did you send yours?

JaneInOz
01-31-2009, 06:38 AM
Um two days ago

dsntslp
01-31-2009, 06:46 AM
Well, I don't know what could be the matter.

Maybe we will know more soon, hopefully.

Somebody is sure to figure it out.

Ttyl, I have an appointment in a bit. BBL.

Thanks

dsntslp
01-31-2009, 11:52 AM
The website now mentions WS by name:

Note* The email address above "is" a good address, there were reports from Web Sleuths that it wasn't working. You can also leave a comment under this post. This account of what happened in 1999 is not being generated through false pretenses. It is not posted to hurt any families or to falsely accuse. This site was created to assist those who may have information to come forward. If you watch the news, the information contained in this post is mirrored.
You may use this site to discuss the case, and to report any information you may have.

Endquote

SuziQ
01-31-2009, 12:38 PM
The website now mentions WS by name:

Note* The email address above "is" a good address, there were reports from Web Sleuths that it wasn't working. You can also leave a comment under this post. This account of what happened in 1999 is not being generated through false pretenses. It is not posted to hurt any families or to falsely accuse. This site was created to assist those who may have information to come forward. If you watch the news, the information contained in this post is mirrored.
You may use this site to discuss the case, and to report any information you may have.

Endquote

I haven't posted anything about them that they were operating under false pretenses. They were the ones who put out the bad email addy. I was tracking this down because I am interested. Which led me to contact Helpfindthemissing to begin with. Heck, I even got a reporter on it and she couldn't find a connection. Glad to hear that this appears more legit than originally thought. Below are the two posts and the error.

http://www.topix.com/city/kansas-city-mo/2009/01/kansas-city-police-search-for-missing-woman

If you have any information on this case, or know 'any' of the individuals named above, and would like to help generate leads to help find "Star Boomers" remains, please do not hesitate to write: Helpfindthemissing@yahoo.com Your tips and identity/handle will be kept anonymous.

The above post about Missing 'Star Boomer' should read:

helpfindthelost@yahoo.com

If you have any information on this case, or know 'any' of the individuals named above, and would like to help generate leads to help find "Star Boomers" remains, please do not hesitate to write:
Helpfindthelost@yahoo.com Your tips and identity/handle will be kept anonymous.

We apologize for that error!

MissieMt
01-31-2009, 03:26 PM
I would absolutely love to see this case solved, asap. And to be able to read about it here on WS. Perhaps we should all refrain from attacking one another in order to insure that this thread will not be locked?
....Jus' sayin

nursebeeme
01-31-2009, 03:30 PM
I would absolutely love to see this case solved, asap. And to be able to read about it here on WS. Perhaps we should all refrain from attacking one another in order to insure that this thread will not be locked?
....Jus' sayin I agree!:clap: No flames at websleuths

sohcnum
01-31-2009, 04:37 PM
ty so very much for the link to tie all in together..

was worried at first that it was someone trying to add in names to send all off on a wild goose chase.

hope with the new leads that justice is served and both families find closure.

SuziQ
01-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Suzan, thanks for the links. I hope Star's family can get some answers soon.

Suzan
01-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Suzan, thanks for the links. I hope Star's family can get some answers soon.

Your so very welcome! Here they are again for those that may have missed them:

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-pernice-boomer-013009,0,1799219.story (http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-pernice-boomer-013009,0,1799219.story) with video.

http://www.kmbz.com/Shon-Pernice-questioned-in-previous-missing-person/3758907 (http://www.kmbz.com/Shon-Pernice-questioned-in-previous-missing-person/3758907) a highlight.

SeriouslySearching
01-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Hmmm...so now I am confused.

MissieMt
01-31-2009, 05:23 PM
Just wondering....who the h-e-double-hockey-sticks does this guy know?! After reading everything...the damning evidence found at his home, the connection between him and Stars disappearance...how is this guy not being charged yet? Are they seriously waiting to find her body? Wonder who will be his victim in the mean-time?

SeriouslySearching
01-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Yes. I think they are waiting to find her body actually before they go ahead and charge him. The clock starts ticking when they arrest him. Just naming him as a suspect changes things for LE and his rights come into play. For now...the best thing LE can do is to let things continue on the path of gathering as much evidence as they can through forensics and witnesses.

Glitterflits
01-31-2009, 05:58 PM
I agree...I think LE wants to make sure they have enough to make any and all charges stick. I am so concerned for the children, too. I wonder what he is telling them about their mother being gone and how hard it must be for them to not have her and not be able to see their grandparents and family other than Shon's. I also am very concerned for their safety. From what we've learned so far, he seems capable of just about anything.

Luzianne
01-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Yes. I think they are waiting to find her body actually before they go ahead and charge him. The clock starts ticking when they arrest him. Just naming him as a suspect changes things for LE and his rights come into play. For now...the best thing LE can do is to let things continue on the path of gathering as much evidence as they can through forensics and witnesses.

Right, and like they did with Scott Peterson - give him enough rope to hang himself. For my own selfish reasons I am glad to know that they followed him and he released Renee's dog. But I sort of wish the police had kept that under wraps because now he knows they are watching him. I wish he didn't know they were watching him so he'd do all kinds of stupid incriminating things. But from what people who know him have said he's not all that bright (just thinks he is), so he'll mess up anyway.

JaneInOz
01-31-2009, 07:14 PM
But given the guns why can they not take the children and give temp custody to Renee's Parents ?

I apologize about the Email addy. I am glad that it isn't something started to give the run around either or take the spotlight off Renee. It just popped up and we all know we are a suspicious bunch here LOL

Ive sent another one..

I hope that they will remove the reference to ws now.

nursebeeme
01-31-2009, 07:21 PM
It seems (just from past LE action....that they were watching Shon and were able to catch him in the act of dumping her doggie...which makes nurse SICK) that LE is keeping a close eye on him.

I am so curious as to what all the swabs will show. The dude also had quite the arsenal! My Gosh....he would be ready for a waco style standoff with all of those firearms. Will be interesting to find out if any of them had been recently fired. I wonder if they GSRd his hands? They also seemed to take a lot of his shoes...if not all of them LOL... (it seemed to be like 6-8 pairs!).

I hope there is an arrest soon.... (I am in Leavenworth KS....about 45 min from there... Suzi you are in kck right??? Does anyone know if there is going to be a search for her??? If so I would love to help out)

jyram
01-31-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm in Lenexa, I would be interested in helping if they do another search as well.

Luzianne
01-31-2009, 08:09 PM
....Jus' sayin

Did I miss something? I haven't seen any attacks...

Luzianne
01-31-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't know if there is going to be another search, but I know when they did the last search they only would allow 100 people searching and a lot of people who wanted to volunteer were not able to help.

But with the vast wooded areas in and around Kansas City, I would think having lots of people searching everywhere would be a good thing. It never would have occurred to me that Kelsey Smith's body would be at Longview Lake after she was abducted from Overland Park, and if not for her cell phone pings the police would not have known to search there, either. So really, Renee could be anywhere.

SeriouslySearching
01-31-2009, 09:08 PM
Right, and like they did with Scott Peterson - give him enough rope to hang himself. For my own selfish reasons I am glad to know that they followed him and he released Renee's dog. But I sort of wish the police had kept that under wraps because now he knows they are watching him. I wish he didn't know they were watching him so he'd do all kinds of stupid incriminating things. But from what people who know him have said he's not all that bright (just thinks he is), so he'll mess up anyway.They didn't have a choice but to release that information because they used it to obtain the search warrant. It gave them probable cause to feel that since he was letting her dog go that he had knowledge she was not going to return.

Luzianne
01-31-2009, 10:19 PM
They didn't have a choice but to release that information because they used it to obtain the search warrant. It gave them probable cause to feel that since he was letting her dog go that he had knowledge she was not going to return.

Yeah, true. I just wish Shon wasn't aware they are watching him...

SeriouslySearching
02-01-2009, 01:30 AM
OT: It occurred to me that is exactly where they would find Kelsey Smith. I mentioned it a couple of times early on. It just seemed logical to me. :( What a sad, sad case.

Drivenon
02-01-2009, 03:12 AM
They didn't have a choice but to release that information because they used it to obtain the search warrant. It gave them probable cause to feel that since he was letting her dog go that he had knowledge she was not going to return.

SS is right as usual. I am of the opinion that by the time data hits most, it has already been run down. It's what we do not know that is in question.

SeriouslySearching
02-01-2009, 03:45 AM
I find it strange they would not allow people who wanted to volunteer to search to do so. Maybe they did not have enough leaders in place at the time, but they could have set up another search. The volunteers could have been instrumental in other ways such as putting up fliers or canvassing the area. They need all the help they can get!

Drivenon~ How true! It is what we do not know that is in question. Why do they always do that to us?! They make us work so hard for those answers.

MissieMt
02-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Did I miss something? I haven't seen any attacks...
I believe it has been edited. No worries

jyram
02-02-2009, 12:38 AM
The story hit a little closer to home today as there was a note in my church bulletin about some members who know Renee. I pray that this is resolved soon!

SeriouslySearching
02-02-2009, 12:58 AM
It is going to take time to find Renee, imo. I am hoping either he will slip up with his bragging or he will give clues to indicate where she can be located soon.

I still think the lake north of there is a good place to look.

NRN
02-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Hi, this is my first post here. I just wanted to comment on the official lists of items that were removed from the house by police, and how MANY of the items were noted as being "heme +/ luminol +" When I first read the news articles that said there were areas that tested positive for human blood, I thought, well, a house with kids & dogs, there are bound to be some traces here & there... but whoa! After reading the list of all the luminol positive areas & items, it sounds like the place must have lit up like a Christmas tree. Yuk. And all those shoes - a luminol-positive shoeprint perhaps?

Glitterflits
02-02-2009, 02:21 AM
It is going to take time to find Renee, imo. I am hoping either he will slip up with his bragging or he will give clues to indicate where she can be located soon.

I still think the lake north of there is a good place to look.

I agree, Smithville Lake or even the Missouri River. Shon would have to cross the river everyday to go to the fire station he worked at or to get to the HazMat one he visited around 4:30am on January 3rd. I just wonder why there have been no more searches.

Glitterflits
02-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Hi, this is my first post here. I just wanted to comment on the official lists of items that were removed from the house by police, and how MANY of the items were noted as being "heme +/ luminol +" When I first read the news articles that said there were areas that tested positive for human blood, I thought, well, a house with kids & dogs, there are bound to be some traces here & there... but whoa! After reading the list of all the luminol positive areas & items, it sounds like the place must have lit up like a Christmas tree. Yuk. And all those shoes - a luminol-positive shoeprint perhaps?

Hi and welcome! I, too, was disturbed by all the luminol and hem evidence taken. Good deduction about the possible footprint! I hadn't thought about that. It does make sense though since they took so many pairs of shoes...We can only hope and pray that the evidence they have is going to lead them to Renee and hopefully an arrest soon.

SeriouslySearching
02-02-2009, 02:48 AM
It ties in with him breaking into the hazmat unit where the chemicals are stored. LE would be able to tell about clean up efforts in those areas where blood was found and take samples to see if those chemicals were used that he had access to from there. They could also be on his shoes. ;)

Soulmagent
02-02-2009, 11:17 AM
I believe if there was a map done of all the locatios shon was know to be lately that would enable a more direct sleuthing path.
Locations such as the house,the phone location,the park,the hazmat station,where he picked his daughter up from,previous addresses if able to find them,as well as addresses of teachers ,and their places of work. I dont think he went to far out of his normal routes of travel. Hopefully he took his cell with him and the pings will show.
I do not have the addresses to any of these places and went searching for them with no luck and running short on time. So if anyone wants to help by pming me an address or working on a map let me know!

Suzan
02-02-2009, 11:45 AM
I believe if there was a map done of all the locatios shon was know to be lately that would enable a more direct sleuthing path.
Locations such as the house,the phone location,the park,the hazmat station,where he picked his daughter up from,previous addresses if able to find them,as well as addresses of teachers ,and their places of work. I dont think he went to far out of his normal routes of travel. Hopefully he took his cell with him and the pings will show.
I do not have the addresses to any of these places and went searching for them with no luck and running short on time. So if anyone wants to help by pming me an address or working on a map let me know!

I attempted the same thing.. google maps are odd, it consistently went into scroll mode when trying to link them and remained in a loop until I refreshed -then all my work was gone. I have vista.. and I think that may have been the problem (Java-conflict) I inlisted the help of someone else who didn't come through. So, I resorted to using a different map service, the old fashioned kind..lol
You are right, he put her near his comfort zone. I wonder if a new ground search will happen anytime soon.

Soulmagent
02-02-2009, 12:02 PM
I wondered if LE didnt want the ground search to continue because they have hopes about finding her and didnt want evidence disturbed. I Couldnt figure out any other reason for them not wanting the publics help when it has been offered.
Did you try google earth? Not sure how that would do for you but i used it once to map locations of edmontons unsolved murders (years ago) and it did well with that. That was on xp.
I have found some addresses but still need the hazmat address.

Suzan
02-02-2009, 12:09 PM
I wondered if LE didnt want the ground search to continue because they have hopes about finding her and didnt want evidence disturbed. I Couldnt figure out any other reason for them not wanting the publics help when it has been offered.
Did you try google earth? Not sure how that would do for you but i used it once to map locations of edmontons unsolved murders (years ago) and it did well with that. That was on xp.
I have found some addresses but still need the hazmat address.

Yes, I have google earth.. still a conflict...I was 'so' frustrated.
I believe I read the hazmat address in an earlier news clip online. I will search later and if I find it, I will pm it to you.

SeriouslySearching
02-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Looking at the area surrounding where his mother lives, where the phone was dropped, and Line Creek park where he dropped the dog...there just doesn't appear to be a very good location for dumping her without being noticed, imo. I didn't use addresses except for the phone location which I used Sixth street and Gladstone.

Here is a post from Goose who did the maps already:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3204224&postcount=182

I went to the search warrants, when Shon's car was searched the documents listed his car was at
7010 North Holmes, Gladstone, MO. We can assume
since Shon was at his mothers, according the media stories we have got, That this would be her address.
I reversed the address and it is listed to a K. Behr who works as a staff member in the City of Gladstone. Here is a map of that address.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=7010+North+Holmes+Gladstone,+Mo&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=20.902146,35.859375&ie=UTF8&ll=39.221033,-94.573381&spn=0.00497,0.016909&t=h&z=16

This is my theory of where to search:

Maybe they should look at Smithville Reservoir. It is straight up US-169 N and is approximately 20 miles or 30 minutes depending on where you go there. It would be opposite of where the phone was dumped and far enough away that her dog would not have been able to track her easily from Line Creek Park.

Drivenon
02-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Looking at the area surrounding where his mother lives, where the phone was dropped, and Line Creek park where he dropped the dog...there just doesn't appear to be a very good location for dumping her without being noticed, imo. I didn't use addresses except for the phone location which I used Sixth street and Gladstone.

Here is a post from Goose who did the maps already:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3204224&postcount=182

This is my theory of where to search:

Maybe they should look at Smithville Reservoir. It is straight up US-169 N and is approximately 20 miles or 30 minutes depending on where you go there. It would be opposite of where the phone was dumped and far enough away that her dog would not have been able to track her easily from Line Creek Park.

I definately think that should be searched. But I am feeling this guy was a medic and military man. Id bet she is in the National Guard area where he would know it is next to impossible to get a civillian search warrant and the military would not be thrilled to have this guy exposed amongst their ranks.
Hope I am wrong..

SeriouslySearching
02-02-2009, 02:42 PM
I just see that as being too risky tho. The grounds around an armory are used at times for "games", aren't they? What is surveillance like there? Wouldn't they be able to tell by his cell phone pings if he were around that area during those couple of days?

Glitterflits
02-02-2009, 03:46 PM
I am just wondering if police are trying to keep things quite so that Shon will relax a bit in hopes he will slip up. He seems to have a hard time keeping his mouth shut...likes to brag. From a psychological point of view it would make sense that if he isn't getting any coverage, he would be more inclined to say somthing to someone or do something out of the ordinary to give police a clue. KCMO has a pretty good Homicide squad. I know that they are often called into other local areas to consult on other homicides. They must know something or have a plan. I just hope so because the silence is deafening.

Lola
02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
We can hope that Glitterflits, but we have Lisa Stebic and Stacey Peterson.....there seems to be more evidence, but will they wait for a body, as the police did in the Laci Peterson case ??

Glitterflits
02-02-2009, 04:41 PM
O.K., here's my thought...The cell phone drop was definitely a distraction from the area where Renee is. I wouldn't even be surprised if someone else dropped the phone, like his mother since it was found close to her house. That would give Shon the opportunity to dump (I hate typing that) Renee and go to the HazMat station. If he wasn't too smart, he would have had his cell phone with him and the police would be able to ping it to see his route. Hopefully that is the case. He could have also gotten rid of her (hate typing that too) when he went to pick up his daughter. I don't remember seeing anything on where the daughter lives. Do we know what area that is in? I think picking her up was to supply him with an alibi or to make him look like a caring parent.

Glitterflits
02-02-2009, 04:52 PM
We can hope that Glitterflits, but we have Lisa Stebic and Stacey Peterson.....there seems to be more evidence, but will they wait for a body, as the police did in the Laci Peterson case ??

Hard to say. I'm sure that is the hope...that they can find the body. It would make a stronger case.

NRN
02-02-2009, 08:05 PM
O.K., here's my thought...The cell phone drop was definitely a distraction from the area where Renee is. I wouldn't even be surprised if someone else dropped the phone, like his mother since it was found close to her house. That would give Shon the opportunity to dump (I hate typing that) Renee and go to the HazMat station. If he wasn't too smart, he would have had his cell phone with him and the police would be able to ping it to see his route. Hopefully that is the case. He could have also gotten rid of her (hate typing that too) when he went to pick up his daughter. I don't remember seeing anything on where the daughter lives. Do we know what area that is in? I think picking her up was to supply him with an alibi or to make him look like a caring parent.

I'm not sure if I have the timeline straight, but I had the impression that when Shon was at the Hazmat Station @ 4:30 in the morning, the 3 kids were left at home. The daughter evidently spent the night, because her mother commented about the Pernice van being out in the driveway when she picked her up in the morning. So I'm thinking the 11 year old was the unknowing (asleep) babysitter to her younger half-brothers while Shon was out, to clean up after the dirty work.

Luzianne
02-02-2009, 08:28 PM
7010 N. Holmes is the Gladstone PD. I thought at first that that was Shon's mother's house, but it's not. I don't want to post her address publicly but it can be found by going to Missouri Casenet and putting in her name. Her first name is Marsha.

Also, the "unidentified woman" whose photo the police put out - her name is public now - you can find her address by going to jococourts.org and searching for her name under civil court records.

The Hazmat address is 11301 E. 35th in Independence. There is a Missouri National Guard at 7600 Ozark Road in Kansas City, which is close to the Truman Sports Complex and this was discussed at the kansascity.com site, that that area is heavily wooded and that if the body were on military/government property, then that would take it out of the jurisdiction of the local police.

I haven't had any problems with maps. I've used google earth and microsoft earth and just plain google maps, no problem. I have Vista.

Luzianne
02-02-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure if I have the timeline straight, but I had the impression that when Shon was at the Hazmat Station @ 4:30 in the morning, the 3 kids were left at home. The daughter evidently spent the night, because her mother commented about the Pernice van being out in the driveway when she picked her up in the morning. So I'm thinking the 11 year old was the unknowing (asleep) babysitter to her younger half-brothers while Shon was out, to clean up after the dirty work.

That's exactly what I think. Shon picked up the daughter because he wanted her to babysit while he was tying up loose ends that night, he just didn't tell her she was babysitting. I think he did that so if the boys woke up she would be there, whereas if no one was there they might be scared and call a friend or family of Renee's, or the police.

Luzianne
02-02-2009, 08:37 PM

I don't think the cell phone was found close to his mother's house. I may be wrong, but I think she lives up north, not in northeast Kansas City. But Shon DOES have connections to that area. I know that for a fact because in about 1984-1985 I lived half a block from where that phone was found, on East 6th street, and Shon's paternal grandparents lived across the street from us. His father at that time would have been 30-ish so had moved out of the house, but did visit. I lived between Chestnut and Gladstone and his grandparents across the street. Also, on another blog someone who knows Shon says that he always bragged about being the nephew of Willie the Rat (mafia - William Cammisano). Well, WILLIE THE RAT'S HOUSE WAS JUST A FEW HOUSES DOWN FROM US. So I don't know if Shon had just been told about Willie the Rat by his dad/grandparents and concocted a story about Willie the Rat being his uncle, or if he really was (I doubt it), but the point is Shon definitely has connections to that exact location where the phone was found.

Luzianne
02-02-2009, 08:50 PM
I am just wondering if police are trying to keep things quite so that Shon will relax a bit in hopes he will slip up. He seems to have a hard time keeping his mouth shut...likes to brag. From a psychological point of view it would make sense that if he isn't getting any coverage, he would be more inclined to say somthing to someone or do something out of the ordinary to give police a clue. KCMO has a pretty good Homicide squad. I know that they are often called into other local areas to consult on other homicides. They must know something or have a plan. I just hope so because the silence is deafening.

I agree 100%!:yes:

Suzan
02-02-2009, 11:34 PM
"Thank you" Drivenon and SeriouslySearching for offering those maps. 'Very' kind of you :)

fabvab
02-02-2009, 11:57 PM
The boys were spending the night at a neighbors...Shon took them over and asked if they could stay so he and Renee could have an evening/night alone before he went to his 2 week training. The next day the older girl's mom noticed that Renee's van when she dropped her daughter off. The girl then called/or texted/or emailed her mom that night to come and get her because Renee wasn't there and she had an uncomfortable feeling and didn't want to spend the night.
I think I have that right...correct me if I am wrong...I need to go back and make sure.

NRN
02-03-2009, 01:15 AM
The boys were spending the night at a neighbors...Shon took them over and asked if they could stay so he and Renee could have an evening/night alone before he went to his 2 week training. The next day the older girl's mom noticed that Renee's van when she dropped her daughter off. The girl then called/or texted/or emailed her mom that night to come and get her because Renee wasn't there and she had an uncomfortable feeling and didn't want to spend the night.
I think I have that right...correct me if I am wrong...I need to go back and make sure.

I think it went like this: On what turned out to be Renee's last night; the boys went to a neighbors, & (step)daughter was with her own mom.

The next day, after supposedly seeing Renee before she "left" at 9 am, Shon went to pick up the daughter (around noon?) and took her to the Pernice home. That evening at 9:30, the girl emailed her mom that she was ready to come home, & she was worried because Renee was not there. ( But it doesn't appear that the mom came and picked the girl up that night, not sure why, maybe didn't get the email?)

Later that night, around midnight, homeless guy finds Renee's cell phone. At 4:30 am, Shon enters the Hazmat Fire Station. The mystery pickup is captured on video (time?).

Then later in the morning (Saturday Jan. 3rd), the girl's mother comes to pick her up & notices that the Pernice family van is sitting out in the driveway, which is unusual because the van is always in the garage.

Renee's father reports her missing that day, and the family uses the key that Renee gave them for emergencies, to go to the house with the police, to see if there was anything at the house that would help them find her.

In the afternoon (still Saturday the 3rd), the homeless guy decides to try calling one of the numbers in Renee's cell phone. (Thank God it was her sister's number, not Shon!)

Glitterflits
02-03-2009, 02:15 AM
Thank you NRN for the timeline update! Having it altogether makes it easier to study.

NRN
02-03-2009, 10:08 AM
You're welcome!:) I pray she will be found soon. Last night, Greta VanSusteren had a brief piece on the Shon Pernice/Star Boomer connection. I wondered if any of the witnesses in the bar that night (who all evidently declined to testify) are troubled by Renee's disappearance and are thinking about coming forward with what they know about Star. The bar patrons may not be a real savory bunch, but surely some of them have a conscience?!

SuziQ
02-03-2009, 11:44 AM
You're welcome!:) I pray she will be found soon. Last night, Greta VanSusteren had a brief piece on the Shon Pernice/Star Boomer connection. I wondered if any of the witnesses in the bar that night (who all evidently declined to testify) are troubled by Renee's disappearance and are thinking about coming forward with what they know about Star. The bar patrons may not be a real savory bunch, but surely some of them have a conscience?!

I hope so. What I find interesting about cold cases is how they are solved years later because alliances and loyalty change. People who were friends back then no longer are, etc. And then there is their conscience that's been eating at them all these years. Keeping my fingers crossed for Renee and Star.

nursebeeme
02-03-2009, 01:37 PM
bumping for Renee! I live in Leavenworth and go to a small gym here every morning. One of the other ladies that goes is also a nursing instructor in KCK and we talk about this every morning! I cannot believe that she has not been found yet and also am amazed that it is not really being covered by the media much.

Being a fellow sister nurse.... this story has really touched me more than most and I hope Renee is found very, very soon!

Luzianne
02-03-2009, 03:36 PM
I definately think that should be searched. But I am feeling this guy was a medic and military man. Id bet she is in the National Guard area where he would know it is next to impossible to get a civillian search warrant and the military would not be thrilled to have this guy exposed amongst their ranks.
Hope I am wrong..

I don't know...I think actually the military is quick to punish anyone in their ranks that has done something wrong. And they aren't going to look too fondly on the fact that he impersonated a SEAL.

From my own personal experience I know of a case where a 27 year old in the military was having sex with a 15 year old. The girl's parents went to local police, who weren't much help. The military was another story. The took it very seriously.

darkstar105
02-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Was that a biker bar or what? (on 49th and Metropolitan in KCK where Star Boomer disappeared from.) Did Shon run with a gang of bikers back then?

fabvab
02-03-2009, 07:40 PM
I think it went like this: On what turned out to be Renee's last night; the boys went to a neighbors, & (step)daughter was with her own mom.

The next day, after supposedly seeing Renee before she "left" at 9 am, Shon went to pick up the daughter (around noon?) and took her to the Pernice home. That evening at 9:30, the girl emailed her mom that she was ready to come home, & she was worried because Renee was not there. ( But it doesn't appear that the mom came and picked the girl up that night, not sure why, maybe didn't get the email?)

Later that night, around midnight, homeless guy finds Renee's cell phone. At 4:30 am, Shon enters the Hazmat Fire Station. The mystery pickup is captured on video (time?).

Then later in the morning (Saturday Jan. 3rd), the girl's mother comes to pick her up & notices that the Pernice family van is sitting out in the driveway, which is unusual because the van is always in the garage.

Renee's father reports her missing that day, and the family uses the key that Renee gave them for emergencies, to go to the house with the police, to see if there was anything at the house that would help them find her.

In the afternoon (still Saturday the 3rd), the homeless guy decides to try calling one of the numbers in Renee's cell phone. (Thank God it was her sister's number, not Shon!)
Thank you, NRN, for the clarification on the exact timeline of events. I looked last night but couldn't find the article I had read listing them. Your timeline gives me an even more details than I had originally read.
Are you an RN? Did you know Renee?

NRN
02-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Thank you, NRN, for the clarification on the exact timeline of events. I looked last night but couldn't find the article I had read listing them. Your timeline gives me an even more details than I had originally read.
Are you an RN? Did you know Renee?
Hi, I'm glad the timeline is helpful, I had been poring over everything I could find about the case, and since different bits of information were released at different times, it was an aha! for me when I finally got them in what I believe to be the correct sequence. I had been following this blog for several days & was impressed by the insights & fact-finding (& maps!) of the people who post here.

Yes, I'm an RN, but in Nebraska, I never met Renee, but her story has just gripped me since I heard the first "missing" report on the radio, (I remember being almost relieved to hear that her husband was not a suspect at the time! I think it is just so overwhelming how many times this scenario gets replayed, year after year...)

After the first few reports, the story kind of dropped off the radar, so I had to go looking on the internet to find out if there were any leads. It is disappointing to me that Renee's story isn't getting more media coverage. I had a bad first marriage to a scary guy, and I think the thing I identify with the most is the aspect of Renee's kids being her life, she would NEVER go off without them. I share the feeling of many of the posters on this blog, that there is a serious reason to be concerned about the welfare of the children in this case.

icoodbne1
02-04-2009, 01:19 AM
Was that a biker bar or what? (on 49th and Metropolitan in KCK where Star Boomer disappeared from.) Did Shon run with a gang of bikers back then?

I either heard or read somewhere that Shon had been employed at one time by MAST ambulance service? If so, their garage/headquarters were for a while located at I-635 and Metropolitan Ave., roughly 44th and Metropolitan, just a short jaunt down the road from the bar. I used to live in the area and from what I recall the bar had a somewhat rough reputation back then. Anyway, if he indeed was with MAST when they were located there on Metropolitan Ave, that would put him in close proximity to the bar on a frequent basis, maybe enough to have become an occasional patron?

JaneInOz
02-04-2009, 03:43 AM
I either heard or read somewhere that Shon had been employed at one time by MAST ambulance service? If so, their garage/headquarters were for a while located at I-635 and Metropolitan Ave., roughly 44th and Metropolitan, just a short jaunt down the road from the bar. I used to live in the area and from what I recall the bar had a somewhat rough reputation back then. Anyway, if he indeed was with MAST when they were located there on Metropolitan Ave, that would put him in close proximity to the bar on a frequent basis, maybe enough to have become an occasional patron?

Bold mine - which would give him access to drugs!

NRN
02-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Fair Use
Shon Pernice questioned in previous missing persons case
Jan. 30, 2009
KMBZ

Note Shon has never been charged or was a suspect but was the last to see Star.

http://www.kmbz.com/Shon-Pernice-questioned-in-previous-missing-person/3758907

Snip
KMBZ News has learned a Kansas City man was questioned in the disappearance of a woman almost 10 years ago. A source in the KCK Police Department says Shon Pernice was questioned in the disappearance of 48 year old Star Boomer. She's been missing since an altercation at a bar at 49th and Metropolitan in February of 1999. The source says Pernice was one of the last persons to see Boomer before she disappeared.

Click link for whole story

From the www.justiceforchandra.com site - interesting because it gives as source someone in the PD, which I did not catch in the FOX news report -

Brianga
02-04-2009, 03:15 PM
First time poster..But been following this since it happened.
I might be off my rocker but have they checked along the missouri river.It just seems he would have to cross it to get to the bluffs and the fire station.He would have been in a hurry that Thursday nite-Friday morning since the neighbor had the kids and he could not risk not being home when they brought the boys back.I don't think he had time to bury her and dig a grave.The Broadway bridge runs right along the river to.Just an idea.I hope they file charges soon because the longer they wait the more people tend to forget.

SeriouslySearching
02-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Welcome to WS!

Thanks for reposting it, NRN! I guess I missed the other one! Interesting because when the other reporter tried to find out anything on it...she/he reached a dead end without finding a connection to the previous case.

SeriouslySearching
02-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Brianga~ Welcome to WS! It wouldn't be a bad place to search. I wish we had enough to come up with a solid timeline for this guy. Where are the ping and cell records?! LOL

darkstar105
02-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Hi, Icoodbne1, I used to drive down Metropolitan when I lived in Shawnee sometimes. That was way back before they closed Holliday. I can't say I ever stopped in to Uncle Mike's.

BOOMER*CHICK
02-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Hi all - this is my first post here - It is just horrible the way this whole story is unfolding- as far as the bar where star boomer was last seen- It was just a local scumbag watering hole back then as it is now. They have changed their name a couple of times in the last ten years - it was uncle mikes , then was changed to nobody's business . it has since changed again. I am praying for renee and her family- and know what they are going through, hopefully it will come to an end soon. below is a link to photos of where star was last seen - please take a look :)

http://www.slide.com/r/4R94IJl85z9uud5jKrUTPd1UpwIzEs1P?previous_view=lt_ embedded_url

Luzianne
02-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Welcome to WS!

Thanks for reposting it, NRN! I guess I missed the other one! Interesting because when the other reporter tried to find out anything on it...she/he reached a dead end without finding a connection to the previous case.

I agree. I don't see any connection to the previous case. Even if Shon was there, he wasn't charged with murder or considered a suspect or anything in that case, and there is nothing tangible linking the two cases. If there were, the police would already be on it.

Renee is out there somewhere and I hope she is found soon. The temperatures have mostly been below zero since Renee disappeared, but tomorrow it will be 65 degrees and the forecast is for warm temperatures for several days. It would be nice if her body could be found while it's still possible to determine a cause of death.

SeriouslySearching
02-04-2009, 11:24 PM
I think maybe you misunderstood me, Luz. What I meant was the reporter couldn't find that he was even at the bar or questioned in the other case.

I don't believe in huge coincidences such as being one of the last people to see a missing woman then almost ten years later being the last person to see another missing woman. Police may not have made a connection, but I see one emerging. Even if he was never charged or named a suspect means nothing. It is my understanding that in the Star Boomer case that their key witness didn't show or something. Not that there wasn't a reason to suspect Shon or the other men.

I definitely think we need to know as much as possible about both cases and the men involved. Shon could have helped someone else then and they could have owed him a favor.

Thanks and Welcome to WS, Boomer*Chick.

JaneInOz
02-04-2009, 11:49 PM
I agree. I don't see any connection to the previous case. Even if Shon was there, he wasn't charged with murder or considered a suspect or anything in that case, and there is nothing tangible linking the two cases. If there were, the police would already be on it.

Renee is out there somewhere and I hope she is found soon. The temperatures have mostly been below zero since Renee disappeared, but tomorrow it will be 65 degrees and the forecast is for warm temperatures for several days. It would be nice if her body could be found while it's still possible to determine a cause of death.

Luz if he gave Star a drug, then it goes to show his character as well, and this may be what he did to Renee

He may have given her some sort of a drug to disable her so to speak so he could easily move her and kill her and dispose of her without any screaming

And just think if he disabled Star in the same way , so that those guys ? guy ? could punch her to the ground etc and again carry her off and dispose of her

Hmmm now that this has come out maybe those guys will *come looking* for Shon to Shut him up !!!

God I hope not before Renee is found !

Welcome New posters :) Boomer Chick are you the lady with the blog ?

Luzianne
02-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Luz if he gave Star a drug, then it goes to show his character as well, and this may be what he did to Renee

He may have given her some sort of a drug to disable her so to speak so he could easily move her and kill her and dispose of her without any screaming

And just think if he disabled Star in the same way , so that those guys ? guy ? could punch her to the ground etc and again carry her off and dispose of her

Hmmm now that this has come out maybe those guys will *come looking* for Shon to Shut him up !!!

God I hope not before Renee is found !

Welcome New posters :) Boomer Chick are you the lady with the blog ?

But we have to go with what we know to be facts and we don't know for a fact that Shon gave anyone anything. He wasn't charged with anything. And even if we had proof that he did that to someone else, which we don't, that wouldn't mean he did the same thing to Renee. And without proof that he even did anything to anyone else, it's all just speculation.

I want Shon behind bars as much as everyone else, and I do believe he killed Renee, but we have to deal with things we know to be true rather than what might have happened years ago that there is no proof of.

BOOMER*CHICK
02-05-2009, 01:45 AM
I think maybe you misunderstood me, Luz. What I meant was the reporter couldn't find that he was even at the bar or questioned in the other case.

I don't believe in huge coincidences such as being one of the last people to see a missing woman then almost ten years later being the last person to see another missing woman. Police may not have made a connection, but I see one emerging. Even if he was never charged or named a suspect means nothing. It is my understanding that in the Star Boomer case that their key witness didn't show or something. Not that there wasn't a reason to suspect Shon or the other men.

I definitely think we need to know as much as possible about both cases and the men involved. Shon could have helped someone else then and they could have owed him a favor. Thanks and Welcome to WS, Boomer*Chick.
I agree that it is probably not a coincidence , I am still hoping that LE know more than they are telling us - and you are right about the witnesses in the star boomer case ,they refused to testify and charges were dropped to avoid double jeopardy. Also , I do not have any blogs and have never posted on any other sites. I am star boomers niece- and had been following the renee pernice story since she first went missing,
and it broke my heart to see another mother missing. when I found out about the possible connection between the two cases I could'nt belive it :confused: I am just praying that LE solves this soon.....:(

sohcnum
02-05-2009, 03:18 AM
he may not have been charged with anything then AND he hasnt been charged with anything here YET.. but that does not make him any less guilty..

the LE arent sharing all because they want a solid case.

Glitterflits
02-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Why haven't we heard anything? It seems that tests done on the items removed from the house should be in by now....

dsntslp
02-05-2009, 10:22 AM
But we have to go with what we know to be facts and we don't know for a fact that Shon gave anyone anything. He wasn't charged with anything. And even if we had proof that he did that to someone else, which we don't, that wouldn't mean he did the same thing to Renee. And without proof that he even did anything to anyone else, it's all just speculation.

I want Shon behind bars as much as everyone else, and I do believe he killed Renee, but we have to deal with things we know to be true rather than what might have happened years ago that there is no proof of.Luzianne,

I respectfully disagree. If good investigators only followed up on known facts there would be no need for an investigation into anything in any case. I do understand the desire to deal with facts and not rumors on a website but I think we all know that facts are sometimes "leaked" in an effort to obtain more information without exposing people who may be in harms way by an alleged perpetrator who is still out in the public.

Boomer*Chick, Hello!

Suzan
02-05-2009, 10:36 AM

I want Shon behind bars as much as everyone else, and I do believe he killed Renee, but we have to deal with things we know to be true rather than what might have happened years ago that there is no proof of.

How do 'you' know there is no proof :)

Luzianne
02-05-2009, 10:54 AM
How do 'you' know there is no proof :)

How do you know there is? Why are the police not investigating this if there is really something to it?

Suzan
02-05-2009, 11:10 AM
How do you know there is? Why are the police not investigating this if there is really something to it?

How do 'you' know they're not?

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2009, 11:59 AM

I want Shon behind bars as much as everyone else, and I do believe he killed Renee, but we have to deal with things we know to be true rather than what might have happened years ago that there is no proof of.The poster, Dsntslp, is correct. We are free here to speculate and form opinions in order to come up with some answers. We usually don't leave any stone unturned when we investigate cases. While we don't know anything for fact until it is either confirmed with LE or until trial, WSers have been known to come up with leads which do help to put them on the right track to make connections in cases. We have a very savy group of members.

I think one of the things we do know about criminals is they tend to stick with things which have worked for them in the past. If he did use drugs such as GHB on Star, he could have done the same to Renee. He may not have kidnapped Star, but he could know where they took her. Since she has not been found, he could have accessed the same area thinking it is safer.

With Shon being in the bar when Star went missing, it is suspicious. We should start a new thread (if we don't have one already) on Star's case and work on them simultaneously.

(Welcome to WS, Dsntslp, Sohcnum, and Susan!)

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2009, 12:03 PM
How do you know there is? Why are the police not investigating this if there is really something to it?When the police come to a dead end on a case for whatever reason, the case is pushed to a backburner. They will only work on it when viable leads come in to follow up. Star's case is considered a cold case. They do not actively investigate anymore.

When Shon's name turned up again, you can bet they are keeping an eye open for any connections. It would be great if we could give them one.

goose13
02-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Everything must be investigated. Maybe something from Star's case will help find Renee and something from Renee's case might help find Star. The Bar is a dump and Shon was in there with known criminals. That is huge. Was he in there by himself? or did he know the criminals personally? The cases should be looked at and see if anything is similar. What would it hurt. Two women are missing. Every stone must be overturned! If at least one of these women's remains are found, then it was well worth it to investigate.

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2009, 12:15 PM
We do have Star's case here in our cold cases:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36376&highlight=Star+Boomer

dsntslp
02-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Seriously Searching,
Thankyou for the warm welcome.
I have been a member for a few months but am still learning my way around, lol.

Nice to 'meet' you!

Goose13, I agree whole heartedly.

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2009, 12:23 PM
I am heading over to Star's thread for a bit. I would like to know more.

Suzan
02-05-2009, 12:37 PM
dsntslp, goose and ss, you are all three right on!

I would like to add.. The doer of evil deeds, often 'repeat' past history. They repeat and refine. I have read where the thoughts of hijacking either thread by the other case was mentioned. I believe these cases are 'arm in arm', and it was 'my' intent to connect them. I did not mean for either case to be more important than the other or to confuse. But, when the poi is involved in 'two cases' as we know Shon is, it is very important to use all that is known to paint the whole picture of his movements, frame of mind, contacts, and history. It is also very important to know 'about' the victims.

Welcome Boomer Chick ((hugs)) to you!

And thank you for the warm welcome here :)

rccook555
02-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Pernice Case Now Death Investigation
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The case of missing mother Renee Pernice is now a death investigation, according to the Clay County prosecutor.

Pernice, 35, was last seen on Jan. 2.

"Based on the weight of existing evidence, the absence of Renee trying to contact family members and the amount of time that has passed since she disappeared, I consider Renee Pernice's case as a death investigation," prosecutor Daniel White said in a news release on Thursday. "We believe foul play is involved
http://www.kmbc.com/news/18648711/detail.html

rccook555
02-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Clay County Prosecutor Daniel White said there is substantial evidence that Pernice is dead.
“All of the evidence points to the fact that I strongly believe Renee Pernice is no longer alive,” White said. “We believe foul play is involved.”
White did not provide details on what led to that conclusion. No criminal charges have been filed, and no arrests have been made.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1018915.html

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks, Rcook!! (Nice to see you!)

I don't suppose the blood could have pointed to foul play, huh?! They are a bit slow on the release of it being a homicide investigation.

darkstar105
02-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Maybe that Kelli Sharp told them something.

rccook555
02-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks, Rcook!! (Nice to see you!)

I don't suppose the blood could have pointed to foul play, huh?! They are a bit slow on the release of it being a homicide investigation.

Hi SS! Nice to see you too :)
Yes i agree, they are a bit slow with the release of that. Coming from Clay county though, doesnt suprise me a whole lot :crazy:

goose13
02-05-2009, 02:42 PM
I believe the police are holding something back. What evidence changed there minds? I hope these press release will lead to some charges being filed. Maybe one of the over 70 tips they received from the release of the truck photo is helping out. One thing the article did not mention was his contection to the Star Boomer case. Seems like they always release some information towards the weekend.

Suzan
02-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Shon Pernice questioned in previous missing persons case

KMBZ News has learned a Kansas City man was questioned in the disappearance of a woman almost 10 years ago. A source in the KCK Police Department says Shon Pernice was questioned in the disappearance of 48 year old Star Boomer. She's been missing since an altercation at a bar at 49th and Metropolitan in February of 1999. The source says Pernice was one of the last persons to see Boomer before she disappeared. It's important to note, Pernice was not charged or named as a suspect in that case. He's still not even listed as a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife Renee . The Northland mother of three has been missing since January second.

http://www.kmbz.com/Shon-Pernice-que...person/3758907 (http://www.kmbz.com/Shon-Pernice-que...person/3758907)

Sorry if this is a repost

Glitterflits
02-05-2009, 07:20 PM
According to the 5:00 news, the Clay County prosecuter willl be on KMBC channel 9 at 6:00pm to discuss the case. Renee's parents and step parents were on at 5:00pm discussing the $26,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.

dsntslp
02-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Video of Renee Pernice family speaking about the reward.

http://www.kmbc.com/video/18651298/index.html

Glitterflits
02-05-2009, 08:09 PM
On the KMBC channel 9 6:00pm news, the Clay County prosectuer was asked about Shon and he replied "I can't talk about that." Interesting....

Glitterflits
02-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Renee's father did say today on KMBC that they have spoke with the children twice on the telephone. He said when he went to the house, all Shon would say was "Talk to my lawyer."

Fairy1
02-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Clearly, Shon is a POS. They need to get those babies away from him ASAP! There must be some way to make that happen. There are so many cases where this happens. Even when the significant other is named as a POI - the children remain. I just don't understand.

JaneInOz
02-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Clearly, Shon is a POS. They need to get those babies away from him ASAP! There must be some way to make that happen. There are so many cases where this happens. Even when the significant other is named as a POI - the children remain. I just don't understand.

YES YES I have been saying this through the whole thread

He had a gazillion guns removed from him surely this is enough to get those poor children away from him

Why aren't LE doing this ? or social services

You know what ? The grandparents should hire a lawyer for the children !

SuziQ
02-06-2009, 01:04 AM
Welcome to WS Boomer*Chick! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that new info comes forward to help solve both of these cases.

SeriouslySearching
02-06-2009, 11:09 AM
With the laws the way they are, they cannot remove the children unless they are being abused or in a clear danger. Grandparents don't have much standing without proof the children are being harmed. Shon being a POS isn't good enough for child services to remove them, unfortunately.

Drivenon
02-06-2009, 11:19 AM
With the laws the way they are, they cannot remove the children unless they are being abused or in a clear danger. Grandparents don't have much standing without proof the children are being harmed. Shon being a POS isn't good enough for child services to remove them, unfortunately.

I agree with that, but I have to think that the amount of guns removed from the home violate more than a few laws there. If they were arrest him, the gdpts would stand a good chance of getting at least temporary custody.

SuziQ
02-06-2009, 11:25 AM
I agree with that, but I have to think that the amount of guns removed from the home violate more than a few laws there. If they were arrest him, the gdpts would stand a good chance of getting at least temporary custody.

I wonder if Shon's older daughter is still visiting her dad. If it's court ordered then she has to go, unless she's over 12-13. I can't recall how old she is. Given the details of the case and how she felt about Renee not being there, I would bet she's terrified of being in that house. And I wonder how her mother feels about all of this. Maybe she should throw Shon's favorite line to the GP's back in his face. :rolleyes: "Talk to my lawyer"

SeriouslySearching
02-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Drivenon
I agree with that, but I have to think that the amount of guns removed from the home violate more than a few laws there. If they were arrest him, the gdpts would stand a good chance of getting at least temporary custody.They removed a significant amount of guns from DP, too...but didn't take his kids. I think they believe it removes at least one immediate danger from the children.

I don't think he will be seeing his oldest daughter. Her mother would be crazy to allow it. (They would have to take me to jail for contempt.) She needs to file paperwork to prevent it at this time. She can go for at least supervised visitation, imo.

Yes. If LE arrests him...the grandparents could get temporary custody.

SuziQ
02-06-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm surprised to hear Shon's back at work. I would have thought accessing the hazmat facility would have gotten him suspended or something.

http://www.examiner.net/news/x545173409/Renee-Pernice-is-now-presumed-dead

(snip)
After taking vacation time to address the disappearance of his wife, Shon Pernice, also a member of the Missouri Army National Guard, is now back at work in Independence, according to Fire Chief Sandra K. Schiess.

SuziQ
02-06-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm reposting Star Boomer's link in case anyone wants to take a look.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36376&highlight=Star+Boomer

JaneInOz
02-06-2009, 07:24 PM

:( Thats so sad.

So being a POI in their mothers disappearance / murder isn't considered enough of a threat
What if he loses it and kills them too - Thats what I worry about the most

The Grandparents must be going out of their minds with worry

Suzan
02-06-2009, 07:44 PM
A new article about Star and Renee..check it out!

http://mothersarevanishing.blogspot.com/

SeriouslySearching
02-06-2009, 08:54 PM
A very well written article about Star and her family. Thanks for posting!

Glitterflits
02-06-2009, 09:38 PM
:( Thats so sad.

So being a POI in their mothers disappearance / murder isn't considered enough of a threat
What if he loses it and kills them too - Thats what I worry about the most

The Grandparents must be going out of their minds with worry

I don't think that Shon has ever been officially listed as a Person of Interest. In fact, the only thing LE will say "officially" is that he has given inconsistent accounts of when he last saw Renee. While the search warrants, evidence lists, and news reports contain very disturbing information regarding Shon, LE remains silent about what they think Shon's involvement is. Until LE makes a move to implicate him, the children will mostly likely remain with him. While I am not an attorney, but I do believe that the grandparents do have rights to see the children, but they would have to file a motion with the court to gain those rights to visitation. A judge would then have to rule on that motion. That could take a long time. I think at this point the best that we can hope and pray for is that LE gets the information that they need to proceed with charges in Renee's death very soon. In the meantime, I pray that the children are not harmed any more than they already have been by losing their mother.

christine2448
02-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Please continue here. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3271136#post3271136)

Tricia
09-20-2010, 03:42 AM
Bump for Intimate Partner Homicide Radio