PDA

View Full Version : MO MO - Renee Pernice: Mom of 3, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - Part #1

Pages : [1] 2

KR2tonenow
01-05-2009, 12:17 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City police are looking for a 35-year-old woman missing since Friday.
The Kansas City Star reports that Renee Pernice was last seen by her husband Friday morning, police said. They said there's no evidence of foul play. The couple has three children.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/488883/1_61_010509_missingwoman1.jpg (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,476028,00.html#)

Police Search for Missing Mother in Missouri (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,476028,00.html)

luvbeaches
01-06-2009, 02:21 AM
This is really a sad situation. I know her father, grandfather and grandmother. I heard on the news that Renee's husband is not cooperating with authorities. According to KCTV 5, her husband last talked to her on New Year's Day, which was Thursday, but didn't report her missing until Saturday. I just have a feeling this isn't going to end well. :(

http://www.kctv5.com/news/18411800/detail.html

Police Suspect Foul Play In Woman's Disappearance
Kansas City Mother Wouldn't Have Left Her Kids, Neighbor Says

POSTED: 6:58 am CST January 5, 2009
UPDATED: 5:13 pm CST January 5, 2009

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City police said Monday they suspect foul play in the disappearance of a woman missing since Saturday.

Pernice's father, Rick Pretz, said he is growing increasingly concerned as each hour passes. He said it's not like Pernice to just take off. He last spoke with her on New Year's Day and reported her missing on Saturday.

INQUIRING MINDS
01-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Luvbeaches,
Do you know if the dogs were recovered? According to the news, The husband Shon said he last seen her on Friday 8am, when she left to walk the dogs? Any info on the dogs. Also, what alerted her father to call the police. Why didn't her husband call the police.
IMO:The husband is responsible for her disappearance and dumped her cell phone on 6th and Gladstone. Do you know where he works and if he was supposedly at work on Friday? Thanks

lymom3
01-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Here is a link to the latest article that I can find.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,476805,00.html

Pernice's husband, Shon Pernice, declined to comment Monday.

Imagine that....

KR2tonenow
01-06-2009, 04:48 PM
This poor woman has 3 kids. I hope LE can get more out of the family.

luvbeaches
01-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Luvbeaches,
Do you know if the dogs were recovered? According to the news, The husband Shon said he last seen her on Friday 8am, when she left to walk the dogs? Any info on the dogs. Also, what alerted her father to call the police. Why didn't her husband call the police.
IMO:The husband is responsible for her disappearance and dumped her cell phone on 6th and Gladstone. Do you know where he works and if he was supposedly at work on Friday? Thanks

I really don't know any of the details yet. I am going to call a friend (that also knows them) and see if she's heard anything (she's the one that called me in the first place). She's not home from work yet, so I probably won't know anything until later.

I was going to call the family today, and see if there's anything I can do, but I was gone all day. I haven't watched the news yet to see if there's any new developments. I will post some info, but I am hesitant to post too much of our conversation. We talk about these situations all the time here at WS, but when it's someone you know, it's totally different. I will say I did not know Renee. I've met her (she was younger), but I really do not know her, nor do I know anything about her husband.

Are you from this area? The reason I ask is because we live south in Kansas, and I really don't know too much about North of the river.

When I first heard that her phone was found near Independence Avenue, my heart skipped a beat. That's a BAD area. I used to go to the Roma Bakery just off 1-70 and Independence years ago (they've moved, I think), and I would go only in the daytime, and after a while I quit going because I was afraid to be there.

The very first thing I thought was her husband dropped her phone in that area to make it look like something happened to her, and in that area, it wouldn't be surprising.

INQUIRING MINDS
01-07-2009, 02:30 PM
I really don't know any of the details yet. I am going to call a friend (that also knows them) and see if she's heard anything (she's the one that called me in the first place). She's not home from work yet, so I probably won't know anything until later.

I was going to call the family today, and see if there's anything I can do, but I was gone all day. I haven't watched the news yet to see if there's any new developments. I will post some info, but I am hesitant to post too much of our conversation. We talk about these situations all the time here at WS, but when it's someone you know, it's totally different. I will say I did not know Renee. I've met her (she was younger), but I really do not know her, nor do I know anything about her husband.

Are you from this area? The reason I ask is because we live south in Kansas, and I really don't know too much about North of the river.

When I first heard that her phone was found near Independence Avenue, my heart skipped a beat. That's a BAD area. I used to go to the Roma Bakery just off 1-70 and Independence years ago (they've moved, I think), and I would go only in the daytime, and after a while I quit going because I was afraid to be there.

The very first thing I thought was her husband dropped her phone in that area to make it look like something happened to her, and in that area, it wouldn't be surprising.

Not from this area. Mid-Missouri. We are a little familiar with KC, but did not know this was a bad neighborhood. Thanks for that info.
If you get any answers to the other questions, that would be great. just trying to piece some things together.

INQUIRING MINDS
01-07-2009, 02:41 PM
http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=8206670&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

"Family of Renee and Shon said there were having troubles. They filed for divorce in 2005, but the case was dismissed in 2007. Sgt. Pernice declined comment to FOX 4, but his attorney said he is cooperating with police and wants Renee to be found."

According to Missouri Casenet records. This dissolution that was filed in 2005 said without children. Can we assume then that her three children would have been all under the age of 3?

MeoW333
01-07-2009, 02:56 PM
This doesn't look good at all.. looks like the husband may be preparing himself a combat stress excuse

susan1215
01-07-2009, 10:15 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,477465,00.html

This is a local story that is now national. Renee is a mother of 3 and a teacher at a hospital Last seen Jan 2. Her and husband have been having marital problems and filed for divorce at one time. He was the last to see her and now he has lawyered up. I have a bad feeling her husband is responsible for her disappearance.

Busylady
01-08-2009, 01:12 AM
ANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City police investigating the disappearance of a Kansas City mother used dogs to search a wooded area behind a park near her home again on Wednesday, but there was no word about whether they found anything of value.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/18432824/detail.html

Luzianne
01-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Interesting comments about the case by people who apparently know Renee/Shon http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2009/01/where-is-renee.html?cid=144504488#comment-144504488

Tarheel
01-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Last night on Greta did I hear correctly that Renee's car was parked at Shon's parents house?

Luzianne
01-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Last night on Greta did I hear correctly that Renee's car was parked at Shon's parents house?

That's what this transcript says: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,477863,00.html

but I live in Kansas City and every other report I have heard, they said her car was still parked in her garage at home. So I don't know which is true.

TGIRecovered
01-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Interesting comments about the case by people who apparently know Renee/Shon http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2009/01/where-is-renee.html?cid=144504488#comment-144504488

Very interesting comments at this link, Luzianne! Plenty of people commenting about Shon's fascination with dead bodies, stealing everything from paychecks to guns and posession of drugs and large amounts of cash, so they say. I found the person's comment who recalled a conversation with Shon on the subject of feeding dead bodies to hogs most interesting!

I'm not on Myspace or Facebook, but I'd bet Shon brags about himself online somewhere. Anyone up for a search?

Susan

susan1215
01-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Her phone was found in a park that was searched today. Their home is now being searched by police. Her parents said that they haven't talked to her husband or the kids since last week as he won't talk to them. Another case where the parents not the husband is on TV asking for help from the public.

Tonia
01-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Let's see - the husband won't participate in the search or talk to family, and his lawyer says that he thinks that the wife is alive. Next he'll say she ran off with another man. Shades of Drew Peterson?

Tonia
01-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Also read this:The couple were having troubles in their marriage, according to relatives.
The couple filed for divorce in 2005, but withdrew the filing in 2007
They were preparing to file again when Renee disappeared.

Hmmm...hubby didn't report her missing, her father did. Hubby lawyers up and kicks them out the house....not looking well for hubby here is it!?!

I hope she returns safe but my gut is saying different.

The_Woof
01-08-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm not on Myspace or Facebook, but I'd bet Shon brags about himself online somewhere. Anyone up for a search?

Susan

Not on facebook.

Luzianne
01-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Very interesting comments at this link, Luzianne! Plenty of people commenting about Shon's fascination with dead bodies, stealing everything from paychecks to guns and posession of drugs and large amounts of cash, so they say. I found the person's comment who recalled a conversation with Shon on the subject of feeding dead bodies to hogs most interesting!

Susan

I couldn't find a blog for Shon but I did find he was interviewed on 4th of July last year by a Kansas City TV6 station. Here is the video. Both Shon and Renee speak on the video. http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=6915716&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Also, I searched pipl.com before all the web pages about this case had surfaced and got in the way, and saw where he had posted a lot on military type forums talking about freedom and support the troops and things like that. Also, he had taken his wife to a comedy show and he posted to the comedian that he had taken his wife to see him and that they had been going through some "marriage crap" and it was nice to see her smile again . This was sometime during the summer of 2008. I think it was July. I don't see that link now that all the other web pages are on there because of the case, but I'm sure it's there somewhere.

Tonia
01-08-2009, 08:58 PM
I checked myspace and facebook,nothing. I did see the article about the comment he left for the comedian and the military pages.

Luzianne
01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Actually, I live in Kansas City and the word on the street is that he is a member of the Missouri National Guard and he was supposed to be on duty over the weekend, and Renee had told him when he got back she would have his things packed and out of there. She told him last week apparently that she wanted him to move out.

TGIRecovered
01-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks for checking facebook, Woof and Tonia. Luzianne, when he was posting on the military blogs, did he have a nic or was he just using "Shon"?

I wish we could find a way to get some of those posters from the Kansas City blogspot to discuss with us here at Websleuths. Some of them may read here if they start Googling for info.:balloons: If any of Renee and Shon's friends are here, please, sign up and join the discussion!:balloons::unksam:

Susan

TGIRecovered
01-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Actually, I live in Kansas City and the word on the street is that he is a member of the Missouri National Guard and he was supposed to be on duty over the weekend, and Renee had told him when he got back she would have his things packed and out of there. She told him last week apparently that she wanted him to move out.

I read that too...so what's his excuse for not showing up for duty that day? Renee's family didn't know she was missing until after he was supposed to be there, Shon didn't call them to see if they knew where she was...he obviously wasn't worried about her since he didn't report her missing! So why didn't he just show up for duty like he was supposed to?

Luzianne
01-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I read that too...so what's his excuse for not showing up for duty that day? Renee's family didn't know she was missing until after he was supposed to be there, Shon didn't call them to see if they knew where she was...he obviously wasn't worried about her since he didn't report her missing! So why didn't he just show up for duty like he was supposed to?

He said because she was missing (on Friday), he didn't show up on Saturday. But your post made me think of something. HER CELL PHONE. He might have called her cell phone to make it look like he was trying to get hold of her. But if it DOESN'T show calls from him, then to me that would indicate that he already knew where she was so he didn't need to call her to find out. If you got up and your spouse was gone, wouldn't you call them and say hey, where are you and when will you be home. Hopefully he was too dumb to call her phone.

Luzianne
01-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks for checking facebook, Woof and Tonia. Luzianne, when he was posting on the military blogs, did he have a nic or was he just using "Shon"?

I wish we could find a way to get some of those posters from the Kansas City blogspot to discuss with us here at Websleuths. Some of them may read here if they start Googling for info.:balloons: If any of Renee and Shon's friends are here, please, sign up and join the discussion!:balloons::unksam:

Susan

Why not post on the Kansas City blog and invite them over? You don't have to sign up to post on that blog. But one of them was posting on another board stuff he knows first hand because he knows people who know Shon and Renee and he was banned from the board because he didn't have proof or a link to back up what he was saying.

On the military ones he was posting as Shon Pernice. You should be able to find those posts through pipl.com. That's how I found them. It was mostly thanking other military people for their service, etc.

TGIRecovered
01-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Good point. Call the cell, call her work, call her parents and friends, unless you are too busy disposing of evidence to think of it!

Luzianne
01-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Another interesting tidbit. When I was watching the KC news at 5 o'oclock, they said that police got a search warrant and searched the house today. They said Shon and his mother were at the house when police arrived. The reporter on location was asked if the KIDS were at the house too, and she said no - the kids weren't home from school yet. HE SENT THE KIDS TO SCHOOL? He is taking a leave of absence from his firefighter job and he didn't go for his National Guard weekend because she was missing, but he sends his kids to school?

I don't know, maybe having them in a routine would be a good thing but can you imagine your mother is missing and Christmas break has just ended and you have to go to school? I don't think I could send my kids to school so soon, when she is still missing, etc.

Luzianne
01-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Oops! Sorry! Moderator can feel free to delete my posts in this thread then. I didn't realize I was posting in the wrong place.

TGIRecovered
01-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I'll ask a moderator to merge the discussion posts from this thread to the proper one so we can continue discussing without losing any info.

Susan

Luzianne
01-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I had thought Shon was supposed to leave on Saturday for National Guard. Upon reading further, I see it was Friday he was supposed to leave. So like someone brought up on another thread, what was his excuse for not going? If he thought Renee had just left for a while and didn't know where she went, why wouldn't he go ahead and show up, knowing that Renee knew that he had to go and trusting that she would be there to get the children from the neighbor's where they spent the night?

TGIRecovered
01-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Thanks for all of the local info you've been giving us Luzianne! I think the mods will move our other posts when they have time.

So he was supposed to leave on Friday...no good excuse for not going, then. I'll bet he has fingernail scratches...wonder if cops took pics when they had him in fro questioning?

TGIRecovered
01-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Here's the link to the Kansas City comments that Luzianne posted on the other thread:

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2009/01/where-is-renee.html?cid=144504488#comment-144504488

Lots of interesting stuff from people who know Renee and Shon, in case anyone wants to check it out.

Luzianne
01-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks for all of the local info you've been giving us Luzianne! I think the mods will move our other posts when they have time.

So he was supposed to leave on Friday...no good excuse for not going, then. I'll bet he has fingernail scratches...wonder if cops took pics when they had him in fro questioning?

I don't know if they actually have even had him in for questioning. He won't talk to the police other than through his attorney and in the beginning when they asked him for information all he would say is he didn't know where she was. I read an article tonight where the police said he is NOT cooperating with them.

I wonder if Renee had short nails, being a nurse? She was actually a nursing instructor the last 18 months I think, but I would think being a nurse (she used to be an ER nurse), she'd be used to keeping her nails short.

soyesterday
01-09-2009, 02:17 AM
Hey
I was just wondering...does anyone know if the grandparents are trying to get the kids away from the husband?
It just reminds me of Nancy and Brad Cooper...
i mean are the kids safe w/ him if he is suspected of doing something?
I feel sooooo bad for the kids :(

Tonia
01-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Independence Fire Chief Sandy Schiess said Shon Pernice was granted vacation on Sunday and had been scheduled to report last week to National Guard duty.

Because of his wife’s disappearance, he did not leave.

They also agreed to allow Pernice’s sons to be interviewed by police in a neutral location in Parkville.
Also was mentioned that she took her keys and wallet. I have heard the car was in the driveway,i have heard that its missing to but i cant find any reports about the cars whereabouts.

goose13
01-09-2009, 09:24 AM
It will be interesting to see what they find in the house. I feel that they will find some interesting things. Shon was into a lot of weird things, as most of you can read from the KC STAR Blog's. It would be interesting to talk to someone from the National Guard to see what type of missions he did in Iraq. You can't believe what Shon has to say. I have a feeling he played up his role in Iraq to everyone. Also, Shon was in the Navy also. He was on active duty and in the Naval Reserves. He was a Quartermaster. I'm waiting for him to declare PSD anytime now. I wonder what he told the Fire Department about his time in Iraq.

rccook555
01-09-2009, 09:32 AM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City police have begun searching the home of a missing 35-year-old mother of three.

The search of Renee Pernice's home began Thursday and could last 24 to 36 hours.
Investigators believe her disappearance is suspicious, and that foul play may have been involved.
more at link
http://www.kmbc.com/news/18440357/detail.html

Luzianne
01-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Police are still searching the house today.

Tonia
01-09-2009, 01:10 PM
I do know that when they went to the house with the search warrant they used an explosive to enter and the attorney had this to say about it.

“They know he is an Iraqi veteran and has a traumatic brain injury, and while, yes, like many Missourians, he owns guns, they could have called us and had us take him into custody,” Baldwin said. “They could have waited until he left to pick up his kids from school.

“They have not charged him with anything, but it seems like they are trying to create a situation for him.”

INQUIRING MINDS
01-09-2009, 01:59 PM
https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/nameSearch.do

Missouri court search does not indicate that Shon was ever arrested or charged with drugs, or weapons or stealing. So, I don't know the acuracy of those statements. It does show several civil suits from banks. It shows the filing for dissolution with Renee 8/26/2005. Interesting it say dissolution w/o children, but seeing the ages of the children, that was obviosly inaccurate. It shows that there was a patenity hearing from GLH on 3/30/1999 and he was ordered to pay support.

INQUIRING MINDS
01-09-2009, 02:03 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/story/970139.html

Shon Pernice was asleep in the basement when he said that about 9 a.m. Friday Renee told him she was leaving. He assumed she went for a walk or left with friends or family, Baldwin said. Their children had spent the night with neighbors.

Baldwin said Shon Pernice was supposed to leave that day for a two-week National Guard training session.

Shon Pernice told Baldwin he did not know what Renee was wearing when she left but later realized she had taken her wallet and keys. He talked to police Saturday, took the children to relatives and searched the neighborhoods surrounding their home, Baldwin said.

The couple had been married for about a decade and experienced the challenges most couples routinely experience, he said. Renee Pernice had filed for divorce in 2005 but filed for a dismissal in January 2007.

They hit a rough patch after Shon Pernice, who is an Independence firefighter, recently returned home from a tour of duty in Iraq. They discussed a possible separation, but things had gone well during the holidays, and Baldwin said his client assumed everything was fine.

Pretz declined to comment about his daughter’s marriage.

He said family members became concerned Saturday after Renee Pernice’s sister phoned the North Kansas City residence and was told that Renee had been gone for some time. Pretz said he and other family members then went to the North Patrol Division to file a missing person’s report. They also asked police to accompany them to search the couple’s home, which they had keys to, he said.

Although Shon Pernice was not home, family members and police searched through belongings and looked for phone numbers to ask friends where they thought Pernice might have gone, Pretz said.

Shon Pernice showed up later with his attorneys, and they were told to leave, Pretz said.

“We fear something bad has happened. It is unbelievable to feel she walked off and leave her children,” he said.

Don't you find this interesting, that he thought she was with friends or family, yet calls off duty for National gaurd this day, Never reports her misssing, yet the very next day arrives back at his home with attorneys?????

Luzianne
01-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Renee's parents have not been allowed to talk to the children. They have tried to call Shon but he doesn't answer their calls. I just saw an article where Shon's attorney says Shon is trying to reach out to Renee's family. Yeah right. The attorney also says he is cooperating with police and police say he is NOT cooperating.

They are still searching the house and they say it may take 24 to 36 hours to search the house. I sure hope they find something.

Luzianne
01-09-2009, 03:15 PM
http://www.kmbc.com/mostpopular/18447247/detail.html

The search may continue into Saturday. The police have removed computer equipment from the home.

Luzianne
01-09-2009, 03:50 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/story/970139.html
Don't you find this interesting, that he thought she was with friends or family, yet calls off duty for National gaurd this day, Never reports her misssing, yet the very next day arrives back at his home with attorneys?????

Yes, very interesting. Very fishy. Also, he took vacation time for work to deal with her disappearance, but sends his kids to school. Why don't they get time off to deal with their mother's disappearance? I can't imagine sending my kids to school when they don't know where one of their parents is.

Luzianne
01-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Just reported on local news: Bomb and arson squad on the way to the home. All investigators came out of the house and instead of cordoning off only the house, now have the entire street cordoned of, and have moved reporters and everyone else back from the house. Investigators only said that they have found something inside the house that concerns them.

TGIRecovered
01-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Yes, very interesting. Very fishy. Also, he took vacation time for work to deal with her disappearance, but sends his kids to school. Why don't they get time off to deal with their mother's disappearance? I can't imagine sending my kids to school when they don't know where one of their parents is.

I can't imagine the fire cheif or the police department would want Shon working in any official capacity right now. Maybe they "suggested" he take time off so he could avoid being out on involuntary leave until this is settled. Think about it...with so many who have worked with Shon, or who know him, giving first-hand accounts of his impersonating military officers and being obsessed with death, who would want a freaky guy like that responding to their 911 call?

Susan

TGIRecovered
01-09-2009, 05:36 PM

I can't imagine the fire cheif or the police department would want Shon working in any official capacity right now. Maybe they "suggested" he take time off so he could avoid being out on involuntary leave until this is settled. Think about it...with so many who have worked with Shon, or who know him, giving first-hand accounts of his impersonating military officers and being obsessed with death, who would want a freaky guy like that responding to their 911 call?

Susan

Luzianne
01-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Just reported on local news: Bomb and arson squad on the way to the home. All investigators came out of the house and instead of cordoning off only the house, now have the entire street cordoned of, and have moved reporters and everyone else back from the house. Investigators only said that they have found something inside the house that concerns them.

Luzianne
01-09-2009, 05:41 PM

rccook555
01-09-2009, 06:42 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Police said they have found an explosive device at the home of a missing 35-year-old mother of three.

Authorities started searching Renee Pernice's home on Thursday, and the search may continue into Saturday.

Capt. Rich Lockhart said that while officers were searching the home, they found a gun locker that included an explosive device. A bomb and arson unit was called to the house to investigate.

Snipped

Lockhart said police also found evidence that may help them find Pernice. KMBC reported that forensic technicians have been going through the home, and computer equipment was removed.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/18447247/detail.html

Tonia
01-09-2009, 07:11 PM

Susan

The report that i read stated that they gave him vacation time because he just returned from iraq. Another thing,im not taking up for him by no means at all but he was supposed to leave the day she went missing. There is no time frame when he was supposed to be departing. Reports state that he didnt go because of her being gone although the parts that gets me is why he didnt report her missing,her father did. I do know they interviewed the two boys,i would love to know what they had to say.

rccook555
01-09-2009, 07:28 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Police said they have removed several weapons and a hand grenade from the home of a missing 35-year-old mother of three.
Snipped
A bomb and arson unit was called in and determined the grenade was a dud.

One of the guns removed from the home was an assault weapon, police said.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/18447247/detail.html

Luzianne
01-09-2009, 08:13 PM
It was a grenade that they called the bomb squad for, but was found that the grenade was not active; it was a hollowed-out grenade.

Shon served in Iraq and returned home in June I think. I don't think he was supposed to go back to Iraq. He took a job with the Independence (a suburb of KC) Fire Department when he returned from Iraq. He was also in the Missouri National Guard and it was his weekend to serve in the Missouri National Guard. He was supposed to leave on Friday for that, and it's my understanding that was just a weekend thing and he would have been back Sunday? But he didn't go because she was missing (he says). Then he took vacation from his Fire Department job also because she was missing. I thought he was supposed to do National Guard on the weekend and then be back at the fire department this week. I could be wrong, but that's how I understood it.

I did hear a reporter comment that the police said they did find something in searching the home that they thought would help them find Renee, but they declined to say what it was. I do know they took computer equipment from the home.

Tonia
01-09-2009, 08:34 PM
It was a grenade that they called the bomb squad for, but was found that the grenade was not active; it was a hollowed-out grenade.

Shon served in Iraq and returned home in June I think. I don't think he was supposed to go back to Iraq. He took a job with the Independence (a suburb of KC) Fire Department when he returned from Iraq. He was also in the Missouri National Guard and it was his weekend to serve in the Missouri National Guard. He was supposed to leave on Friday for that, and it's my understanding that was just a weekend thing and he would have been back Sunday? But he didn't go because she was missing (he says). Then he took vacation from his Fire Department job also because she was missing. I thought he was supposed to do National Guard on the weekend and then be back at the fire department this week. I could be wrong, but that's how I understood it.

I did hear a reporter comment that the police said they did find something in searching the home that they thought would help them find Renee, but they declined to say what it was. I do know they took computer equipment from the home.

Thank you,so many reports i have read searching this case. I could have misunderstood or conflicting reports as there as tons about him and this case on the web.

Imajica
01-09-2009, 08:51 PM

Susan

I reported one of the first really disturbing remarks made last weekend on "CrimeScene KC" after she disappeared to the tip line as soon as I saw it.

Thankfully I saved the comment:

"The police really need to look very hard at her husband. A victim of severe sexual abuse as a child, he is obsessed with dead people and posses a complete album of picures he has taken of nothing but dead people. Also a complete arsenal of weapons from knifes to sniper weapons. An ex navy seal, border patrol, and then re upped in the army to go to Iraq, loves to kill and is obsessed with killing and the dead and dying. Physcotic behavior, bizzare conversations, driven to kill, criminal mind personality. Highly intelligent. Brags about the number of dead people he has seen and the gory details of it all. Shows off his album of dead people to anyone who will see it and many have been horrified by it."

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2009/01/where-is-renee.html

The tip line said that they had not received any reports about the above post when I called, and took down all of the information right away and promised to forward it immediately to LE.

It's good to see they aren't wasting any time trying to get to the real truth behind Renee's disappearance.

I am very hopeful forensic evidence will yield some strong clues about what happened on January 2nd.

luvbeaches
01-09-2009, 09:08 PM
I do not think think is going to have a happy ending, even though I hope they find Renee and she's alive and well. Because I know the family, I am not going to post anything else at this time. We follow these cases, but when it's someone you know...it is different.

Say a prayer for Renee, her kids and her family.

Imajica
01-09-2009, 09:12 PM
I do not think think is going to have a happy ending, even though I hope they find Renee and she's alive and well. Because I know the family, I am not going to post anything else at this time. We follow these cases, but when it's someone you know...it is different.

Say a prayer for Renee, her kids and her family.

We'll definitely keep them and you in our prayers. I know it's hard to post when it's so close to home. It's totally understandable. We'll all just keep hoping for the best for now.

*hugs*

soyesterday
01-09-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm still worried about the kids....
do we know where the kid are?
Are they safe staying in his custody?

Imajica
01-10-2009, 12:34 AM
My understanding from watching news reports of the search warrant, is that the children left with SP, his mother and some clothing shortly after the warrant was served. :(

Hopefully LE is keeping as close of an eye as they can on the children until stronger measures can be taken to protect their physical and mental well being.

Luzianne
01-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Not from this area. Mid-Missouri. We are a little familiar with KC, but did not know this was a bad neighborhood. Thanks for that info.
If you get any answers to the other questions, that would be great. just trying to piece some things together.

I lived half a block from where that phone was found in the mid-80s. It wasn't the best area then but it wasn't like it is now. We had a newborn baby and started out there; headed for Johnson County where I grew up before she was 2! Interestingly, the Pernices lived right across the street from us on 6th Street. I think they would have been Shon's paternal grandparents. They owned a barbershop just a block north on Independence Avenue, and from what I can deduce, Shon's father works in the 5500 block of Independence Avenue. So I think Shon is definitely familiar with the area.

susan1215
01-10-2009, 04:53 PM
I would be suprised if she was really at the park, odds are it was placed there to throw LE off. While Kansas city does have a high murder rate most victims are gang related or know each other. I can't see her walking outside and something happening to her by a stranger. I heard the kids were sleeping someone else that night which was convievent and if he thought she was with friends/family why didn't he call them when she didn't come home? A lot of big guns taken out of the house. I'm suprised he didn't say she went jogging and ran off with another man. That seems to be the stories these men make up. She is a mother of 3 with a great job she isn't going to just take off. Why do these men think it's a better idea to murder their wives than go theough a divorce? (I know I'm jumping to conclusions)

http://www.kmbc.com/mostpopular/18447247/detail.html

Luzianne
01-10-2009, 06:10 PM
On the locaL Kansas City news at 5 today, Saturday, they said the 2 younger kids, the boys, spent the night next door on Thursday night, Jan 1st. They said SHON PERNICE took the boys next door and asked if they could spend the night because he wanted to spend a quiet night with his wife before he left the next day for his National Guard duty. The neighbor returned the boys to their house the next day, I think they said about noon. Hmmmm....

They also said on Monday there is going to be an on-foot, shoulder-to-shoulder search of the wooded area behind the Pernice home (the wooded area runs behind all the houses on their street if you look at a google map. There is highway 169 then a wooded area between the highway and the houses.

SuziQ
01-10-2009, 06:31 PM
I reported one of the first really disturbing remarks made last weekend on "CrimeScene KC" after she disappeared to the tip line as soon as I saw it.

Thankfully I saved the comment:

If true, that's one of the creepiest things I've heard. Ack.

Aperture
01-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Bomb squad called to home during search.
"A bomb squad was dispatched to the home of a missing Missouri mom during a search after a hand grenade was found.

The hollowed-out grenade was found Friday in a gun safe in the house Renee Pernice shared with her husband, Army Sgt. Shon Pernice, according to MyFOXKC.com. It turned out to be disarmed. The safe belongs to Shon Pernice. . ."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479094,00.html

Drivenon
01-10-2009, 11:23 PM
I do know that when they went to the house with the search warrant they used an explosive to enter and the attorney had this to say about it.

“They know he is an Iraqi veteran and has a traumatic brain injury, and while, yes, like many Missourians, he owns guns, they could have called us and had us take him into custody,” Baldwin said. “They could have waited until he left to pick up his kids from school.

“They have not charged him with anything, but it seems like they are trying to create a situation for him.”

Yeesh, I am unaware of any attorney that has the authority to take anyone, client or other, into custody. That's a big mispeak on is part.

Traumatic Brain Injury? I have not read anywhere that he was injured, does anyone know?

Drivenon
01-10-2009, 11:33 PM
On the locaL Kansas City news at 5 today, Saturday, they said the 2 younger kids, the boys, spent the night next door on Thursday night, Jan 1st. They said SHON PERNICE took the boys next door and asked if they could spend the night because he wanted to spend a quiet night with his wife before he left the next day for his National Guard duty. The neighbor returned the boys to their house the next day, I think they said about noon. Hmmmm....

They also said on Monday there is going to be an on-foot, shoulder-to-shoulder search of the wooded area behind the Pernice home (the wooded area runs behind all the houses on their street if you look at a google map. There is highway 169 then a wooded area between the highway and the houses.

Im confused, so the Dad DID speak to Renee on Friday 8am? If so she did not disappear the evening of the 1st.

The neighbor states she heard loud digging and a leaf coverup (paraphrasing) in the woods behind the home around noon, when the other neighbor brings the boys home, which would be a conflict.

If not, whatever happened to Renee was in daylight with very little time to cover it up.

Do we know if the dogs were found? A flash Bang device was used when they served the warrant on the home, which makes me think no.

This guy was a medic, I do not have a good feeling and pary for this family

susan1215
01-11-2009, 10:47 AM
I hadn't heard that Renee had talked to her Dad Friday morning. I thought I heard that her parents hadn't heard for her for a while and had reported her missing to the police. Husband said he last talked to her Friday morning between 9-10 when she said she was going out. If the kids were gone Thursday night wouldn't that give him Thursday night/Friday morning before the kids came home to kill her and hid her body?

Luzianne
01-11-2009, 10:55 AM
She didn't talk to her father Friday morning. He talked to her on the phone at 7 p.m. on Thursday night, Jan. 1. A neighbor said she saw Renee let the dogs out in the backyard at 9:00 a.m. I wonder if the neighbor is sure about that. The last person who for sure heard from Renee besides Shon (as far as is being reported) is her dad at 7:00 p.m. the night before.

Drivenon
01-11-2009, 11:31 AM
I hadn't heard that Renee had talked to her Dad Friday morning. I thought I heard that her parents hadn't heard for her for a while and had reported her missing to the police. Husband said he last talked to her Friday morning between 9-10 when she said she was going out. If the kids were gone Thursday night wouldn't that give him Thursday night/Friday morning before the kids came home to kill her and hid her body?

This is what I was thinking, that he purposely took the kids over to the neighbors Thursday for that very reason. Hubby account she left with the dogs at 8-9am, neighbor says she let them out at 9, which I am guessing may have been him, or someone recollecting that from another day.

How normal was it for him to take the kids to the neighbors out of the blue for a sleepover. Is it me or does that seem odd in itself? My wife makes all those arrangements, I dont think I have ever made any sleepover arrangements and these kids are small.

susan1215
01-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Yes, that is odd and it would be interesting to hear from the kids when the last time they had seen their mother and from the neighbor if there was ever another time he had brought over the kids to spend the night at the last minute. I'm guessing not. He may have told the neighbor he wanted to spend a quiet night with his wife before he left for National Guard but if she had already told him she had plans to move out his stuff while he was gone and was going to file for divorce then I'm sure he was mad about that. He didn't get the kids untill noon the next day then that is a lot of time he had.

Luzianne
01-11-2009, 02:26 PM
This is what I was thinking, that he purposely took the kids over to the neighbors Thursday for that very reason. Hubby account she left with the dogs at 8-9am, neighbor says she let them out at 9, which I am guessing may have been him, or someone recollecting that from another day.

How normal was it for him to take the kids to the neighbors out of the blue for a sleepover. Is it me or does that seem odd in itself? My wife makes all those arrangements, I dont think I have ever made any sleepover arrangements and these kids are small.

Yes, that is definitely odd for Shon to make the arrangements for the kids to spend the night, ESPECIALLY when he had been in Iraq for some time and had only been home 6 months. I think the neighbors probably knew Renee and the kids better than they knew Shon. I'm sure what the police find out from the neighbors will be key. My husband never made sleepover arrangements for the kids, either. Very strange.

Driveon, I had the same thought that maybe it was Shon who let the dogs out that morning or maybe the neighbor was remembering another day that they saw Renee let the dogs out.

Bobbisangel
01-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I could see a couple asking the neighbor to keep the kids overnight if they planned to go out to dinner and a movie or to do something like that...be away from home. But if you are going to be home why send the kids away overnight? Kids are usually in bed by 8 or 9:00 depending on their ages and so you can basically have the whole evening to yourselves anyway. Sounds like he didn't want anyone to be in the home that night.

Drivenon
01-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Yet, we still dont know if the dogs were accounted for? Anyone? I think this very important.

LLC
01-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Luvbeaches,

Bold by me-

Seems I've heard this somewhere before...:rolleyes:

LLC
01-11-2009, 11:43 PM
I hope they this has a happy ending. Prayers.

Luzianne
01-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Yet, we still dont know if the dogs were accounted for? Anyone? I think this very important.

A neighbor interviewed on the news said the Pernice's dogs were very loud and would bark at just someone walking down the street. So if Renee's family got police and went to the house on Friday when Shon wasn't there, that makes me think the dogs were NOT there at that time. Also, when police went there with a search warrant they said Shon and his mother were there and that Shon took some clothing and he and his mother got in the family van and left. The kids were at school at the time. They didn't mention the dogs. So again, I think the dogs weren't there. What the heck happened to the dogs and why aren't they there? Did Shon take THEM somewhere on Thursday night too?

Drivenon
01-12-2009, 12:10 AM
A neighbor interviewed on the news said the Pernice's dogs were very loud and would bark at just someone walking down the street. So if Renee's family got police and went to the house on Friday when Shon wasn't there, that makes me think the dogs were NOT there at that time. Also, when police went there with a search warrant they said Shon and his mother were there and that Shon took some clothing and he and his mother got in the family van and left. The kids were at school at the time. They didn't mention the dogs. So again, I think the dogs weren't there. What the heck happened to the dogs and why aren't they there? Did Shon take THEM somewhere on Thursday night too?

They used a flash bang device to enter the home and serve the warrant, in that instance, there would be a high probability the dogs might be injured as a result, I do not think they would have done that if the dogs were there, too high risk with no imminent danger, imo.

soyesterday
01-12-2009, 02:02 AM
Hey guys
I used to be able to be on here all the time...on the Caylee forum, but i haven't been able to be on as much lately...
please forgive me...i hope it doesn't seem like i'm just jumping in w/ comments and not sticking around...
i haven't made to page 4 of this thread yet, but i just wanted to ask this while i'm thinking of it...
i've seen some posts where it says stuff like "the last person we know FOR SURE talked to her" or "saw her"...etc...
and wondering if maybe the neighbor was wrong about saying she saw her put the dogs out that morning....
i'm just wondering....
what if the nieghbor IS right? what if the neighbor does know for sure she saw HER put the dogs out that morning?
just a thought...really....i just so many doubts about the neighbor actually seeing her that morning, but what if she really did??
Again i haven't made it to page 4 yet, but here i go....:)

soyesterday
01-12-2009, 02:05 AM

So again.....if the dogs really weren't there....then why would hte neighbor say she put the dogs out friday morning??
very strange....
i think you'd want to be sure of these things when be inteviewed by the police right???

rccook555
01-12-2009, 10:59 AM
New Search Planned For Missing Woman.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Volunteers plan to search a field near the home of Renee Pernice in hopes of finding clues to the missing woman's whereabouts.

Police concluded a search of Pernice's northwest Kansas City home on Saturday. They began looking through the home after getting a search warrant on Thursday.

Snipped

Friends and family members plan to hold a vigil on Monday evening at Mill Creek Park at 47th Street and J.C. Nichols Parkway.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/18457154/detail.html

Drivenon
01-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Hey guys
I used to be able to be on here all the time...on the Caylee forum, but i haven't been able to be on as much lately...
please forgive me...i hope it doesn't seem like i'm just jumping in w/ comments and not sticking around...
i haven't made to page 4 of this thread yet, but i just wanted to ask this while i'm thinking of it...
i've seen some posts where it says stuff like "the last person we know FOR SURE talked to her" or "saw her"...etc...
and wondering if maybe the neighbor was wrong about saying she saw her put the dogs out that morning....
i'm just wondering....
what if the nieghbor IS right? what if the neighbor does know for sure she saw HER put the dogs out that morning?
just a thought...really....i just so many doubts about the neighbor actually seeing her that morning, but what if she really did??
Again i haven't made it to page 4 yet, but here i go....:)

If she really did, that means whatever happened to her happened between 8 and noon, in broad daylight, with not much time to clean up or not be seen doing so. Personally, I think the dog walking story is simply to explain the loss of the dogs as well, which if true, were not actually seen that morning.

Good thinking all angles though, glad you can be on here!

luvbeaches
01-12-2009, 11:38 PM
We'll definitely keep them and you in our prayers. I know it's hard to post when it's so close to home. It's totally understandable. We'll all just keep hoping for the best for now.

*hugs*

Thank you. I feel so sorry for her family...especially the children. Tonight was the candlelight vigil, and it was so sad. It was freezing cold and windy. I saw Rick, but did not talk to him. He is heartbroken, as I would be if it were my daughter missing. I did not see Shon, but then I do not know him. I heard Rick say that Shon was there (when I watched the broadcast-I think KCTV5 & WDAF 4 were the stations there tonight), but Shon did not speak to the crowd. I was really surprised that he was there at all. It was very hard to hear what was being said as the wind was blowing and everyone was huddled pretty close to one another to keep warm.

I also noticed three detectives standing at the back of the crowd right behind us...at least that's what they looked like to me. They each wore a black stocking cap, dark coat and dress slacks and dark shoes. This could be my imagination, but the three stayed close together, and they looked like they were watching something. At one point, they walked off toward the east and then stopped. I'm now wondering if they were watching Shon?

As we walked to our car, all I could think about was where is Renee? It's so cold here tonight. Is she out in the bitter cold? Is she alive? Is she injured? I just hope they find her.

Imajica
01-13-2009, 04:13 AM
I am so glad you were able to attend the vigil. I know how important it is for the loved ones left behind worrying to know they have the support of people who care. Bless you. :blowkiss:

The KC Star has a bit of info about today's search:

http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/977974.html

Kansas City police and volunteers spent Monday searching a wooded area near the Northland home of a 35-year-old mother who has been missing for more than a week.

Dozens of volunteers boarded Kansas City Area Transportation Authority buses at an apartment complex near 65th Terrace and Liberty Street. The search began about 8:30 a.m. and concluded just after 2 p.m.

Kansas City Police Sgt. Rob Hargarten, with the fugitive apprehension unit, said police and volunteers covered about two square miles of brush and wooded terrain.

Hargarten instructed the volunteers to look for soil that appeared to be disturbed. He also asked them to keep an eye out for rubber gloves and industrial-size containers of cleaning products.

They were searching an area roughly bound by 68th Street to 60th Street along North Waukomis Drive.

“This is a very unusual case because you have a woman missing from her children, she has a good job, no one seems to know what has happened to her,” he said.

Investigators were evaluating whether they need to do more searching in the dwelling. No details were released about what evidence investigators collected from the residence.

I've decided that I should send Tim Miller with TES an email about this case. If nothing else perhaps he can offer additional support to the family. I know there are so many missing people right now, but it can't hurt to ask and I have such great admiration for Tim and TES.

No one should ever be left out in the cold..

Luzianne
01-13-2009, 10:44 AM
I've decided that I should send Tim Miller with TES an email about this case. If nothing else perhaps he can offer additional support to the family. I know there are so many missing people right now, but it can't hurt to ask and I have such great admiration for Tim and TES.

I have been thinking it would be great if Tim Miller were able to get involved. He is the one who found the body of Kelsey Smith here in KC in June 2007.

rccook555
01-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Family and friends of a missing Missouri mother gathered for another search for the teacher but her husband wasn't among them, MyFOXKC.com reported.
Loved ones of Renee Pernice, 35, searched for evidence Monday morning but found no signs of her. A vigil was held in the bitter cold Monday night.
Pernice's husband, Army Sgt. Shon Pernice, and the couple's three children didn't participate in the search, according to MyFOXKC.com. He did attend the vigil, however.
Renee's family said calls to Shon have not been answered and they haven't seen the children since she disappeared Jan. 2, MyFOXKC.com reported.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479775,00.html

luvbeaches
01-13-2009, 04:07 PM
I am so glad you were able to attend the vigil. I know how important it is for the loved ones left behind worrying to know they have the support of people who care. Bless you. :blowkiss:

They belong to a club that none of us want to join. At this point all we can do is pray and hope the authorities know more than we're hearing (which I am sure they do).

That's an excellent idea. I have so much respect for Tim and his group. You are so right...no one should be out in the cold.

luvbeaches
01-13-2009, 04:13 PM
I have been thinking it would be great if Tim Miller were able to get involved. He is the one who found the body of Kelsey Smith here in KC in June 2007.

The cell phone pings were what led Tim to a specific area and ultimately he found Kelsey. I'm not real familiar with the Northland, so I don't know if where Renee's phone was found is close to or near where the search was held.

The was a mountain of evidence against Kelsey's killer, Edwin Hall. I just hope the searches at Renee's house have yielded some clues as to her whereabouts.

I also think it would be great if Tim Miller were to be involved.

Imajica
01-13-2009, 06:16 PM
I sent a message to Friday, who is a fellow WS member, a respected author, dear friend and generous benefactor of Tim and TES. I asked her what she felt like was the best way to approach them about Renee's case.

I will be sure to let everyone know what I find out, as soon as possible.

I'm also concerned about Renee's children and the fact that her family members have not been allowed to speak with them since Renee's disappearance.

I swear it seems that all of these "Concerned Dad's":rolleyes: take the same "How to be heartless and cruel while the Mother of your Children is missing!" courses.

:furious:

Luzianne
01-13-2009, 08:48 PM
The cell phone pings were what led Tim to a specific area and ultimately he found Kelsey. I'm not real familiar with the Northland, so I don't know if where Renee's phone was found is close to or near where the search was held.

The was a mountain of evidence against Kelsey's killer, Edwin Hall. I just hope the searches at Renee's house have yielded some clues as to her whereabouts.

I also think it would be great if Tim Miller were to be involved.

The cell phone was found 10.7 miles from her house by google map, 12-15 miles if you go by media reports. The place they searched Monday was right by Renee's house. They did search the area near where the cell phone was found but I don't think it was a grid search like near her house. I HOPE Shon was too dumb to turn the phone off because if so, they will be able to find exactly where that phone went after it left the house and what time, which could be very interesting, especially if it was during the "quiet night" he planned to spend with his wife.

Luzianne
01-13-2009, 08:49 PM
I sent a message to Friday, who is a fellow WS member, a respected author, dear friend and generous benefactor of Tim and TES. I asked her what she felt like was the best way to approach them about Renee's case.

I'm also concerned about Renee's children and the fact that her family members have not been allowed to speak with them since Renee's disappearance.

I swear it seems that all of these "Concerned Dad's":rolleyes: take the same "How to be heartless and cruel while the Mother of your Children is missing!" courses.

I looked on the Equusearch website and there was a tab to click on to report someone missing. But then it said you could only report someone missing/ask for help if you were a family member or law enforcement.

Luzianne
01-13-2009, 08:52 PM
HA! Great article! Lawyer for Missing Woman's Spouse Can Shut Up Now

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/01/lawyer_for_missing_womans_spou.php

Crime suspects are entitled to a vigorous defense. But every once in a while, a defense lawyer takes the concept of innocent until proven guilty and acts like a real asshat...

Imajica
01-13-2009, 09:26 PM
HA! Great article! Lawyer for Missing Woman's Spouse Can Shut Up Now

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/01/lawyer_for_missing_womans_spou.php

Crime suspects are entitled to a vigorous defense. But every once in a while, a defense lawyer takes the concept of innocent until proven guilty and acts like a real asshat...

Incidentally, Asshat is one of my favorite words of all time. The visual image my brain conjures everytime I hear or read the word makes me gigglesnort every time.

Someone needs to put a muzzle on this attorney. Maybe he should plead the 5th before he incriminates his own client. Ugh.

Where do these guys come from?

luvbeaches
01-13-2009, 11:34 PM
The cell phone was found 10.7 miles from her house by google map, 12-15 miles if you go by media reports. The place they searched Monday was right by Renee's house. They did search the area near where the cell phone was found but I don't think it was a grid search like near her house. I HOPE Shon was too dumb to turn the phone off because if so, they will be able to find exactly where that phone went after it left the house and what time, which could be very interesting, especially if it was during the "quiet night" he planned to spend with his wife.

Thanks for this information.

At some point, I heard the media mention the phone was found near Independence Ave, which is not near where Renee lived. But then I heard another report that the phone was found near the cliffs, which I thought was over near Parkville.

I hope you right about the phone. It would certainly clear up some of the questions people are asking.

luvbeaches
01-13-2009, 11:37 PM

What a wonderful idea to contact the WS member. I remember reading a thread about her. She sounds like a great person...as is Tim.

I just hope they find Renee and soon. It's so heartbreaking.

In da Middle
01-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Thanks for this information.

At some point, I heard the media mention the phone was found near Independence Ave, which is not near where Renee lived. But then I heard another report that the phone was found near the cliffs, which I thought was over near Parkville.

I hope you right about the phone. It would certainly clear up some of the questions people are asking.

They found the phone off of Cliff Drive, which is just north of Independence Ave. It runs parallel (well kinda) to Indep Ave and is real twisty and hugs the edge of the hillside (cliff). It has a real dense wooded area along it also with deep dropoffs. It is one of the old neighborhoods of KC with really nice old houses and really crappy houses all within a block of each other. What I call a "spotty" neighborhood - spots of real nice and spots of not-so-nice.

JaneInOz
01-14-2009, 06:41 AM
luvbeaches I am so sorry about your friend and family
It does absolutely sound like the husband decided to get rid of her rather than pay alimomy and child support via a divorce
I wonder whose idea it was to call off the divorce ?
Maybe he talked her around and this time he couldn't ?

http://www.give2thetroops.org/letters.htm

Scroll to LAST and there is a photo of him

And here http://www.give2thetroops.org/Letters2006.htm

The first one

JaneInOz
01-14-2009, 07:33 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/story/980075.html
No leads :(

Luzianne
01-14-2009, 10:31 AM
It does absolutely sound like the husband decided to get rid of her rather than pay alimomy and child support via a divorce

The first one

Sadly, I have read comments on different blogs from people who know Renee. One of them said that Renee did fit the profile of a battered woman, knew she was in danger but stayed with him, had told him before that she was going to make him move out and he said something to the effect of "I'll kill you before I'll move out." Of course, I have no proof of that but given other comments I have seen and what has been in the news and the fact that she did file for divorce and then it was called off, I tend to believe it. I just keep watching that 4th of July video of him and Renee and telling myself I'm probably watching/listening to a murderer. Ack. Here's the video:

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=6915716&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

goose13
01-14-2009, 11:01 AM
I have read blogs of people saying that Shon was a navy seal. He was not. I sent off to verify that information. I served with Shon in the Naval Reserves in Mobile Inshore Undersea Warfare Unit 114, in Kansas City, Mo back in the 1990's. Here is the information that I recieved from the P.O.W. Network who investigate phonie military people:

Mr. SHON PERNICE is not now and never was a US Navy SEAL.

If the name you provided is spelled correctly, I do NOT find a listing in the SEAL Database (end of WWII to the Present Day) for anyone named SHON PERNICE. I have also examined possible alternate spellings, and names with similar pronunciations without finding any that might be applicable.

Unless he has undertaken the unlikely action of a legal name change (an action for which there would be evidence in the form of court documentation) since his claimed attendance at BUD/S training, and based upon the information you have provided, I can state conclusively that SHON PERNICE has NEVER COMPLETED SEAL training, and he is not now, nor was he ever a Navy SEAL or a Navy UDT “Frogman”. In fact there are no listings in the SEAL Database for anyone with the last name “PERNICE”.

When members of the Naval Special Warfare community meet others who claim similar service, but whom they do not recognize, there is a conversational exchange of information that establishes the bona fides of each to the other. There is no set formula for this exchange, nor for the information that is exchanged, but it ALWAYS takes place, and the REAL Naval Special Warfare members can ALWAYS spot a phony as a result of this exchange. If you have an opportunity to speak with authorities involved in the questioning of the man at some point in the future, I might suggest that they ask Mr. PERNICE these questions:

(1) Since there is no listing in the SEAL Database for the name you are currently using, WHAT NAME DID YOU USE during SEAL training?

(2) What was his BUD/S Class Number? (NB: No SEAL ever forgets the class number he shouted all day long, every day, for 6 months)

(3) Where did his training take place? (NB: Training has been conducted at several locations over the years; different portions in different places)

(4) When did he graduate from Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) training? (i.e. a specific graduation DATE)

There are many other questions which could be asked to further establish the level of veracity or untruth regarding his claims, such as asking for the names of other members of his graduating class, but those basic questions are absolutes. The answers to those questions are totally UNCLASSIFIED, and every real SEAL will gladly provide that substantiating information upon request, although you will be very likely be told that the information is either classified or sensitive and cannot be provided, or you will be given some totally bogus information.

I might suggest that you also ask Mr. PERNICE to specifically identify WHICH SEAL Team(s) he served on, and when. I am in direct contact with several hundred of my SEAL Teammates whose collective experience covers virtually all time periods from the Korean War to the present; I can quickly contact those individuals to verify any specific names, events, or other claims offered by Mr. PERNICE. If he feels that his name has somehow been mistakenly omitted from the SEAL records, I’d be pleased to speak with him and hear details of his service which would serve to validate his claims. The Director of the Naval Special Warfare Archives – a close personal friend and SEAL Teammate – is only a phone call away and standing by to amend the records if this is ever found to be true. However, I estimate that I’ve made the same offer to more than 5,000 SEAL imposters in the last eight years, and none of them ever turned out to be a valid SEAL.

No one gets to the SEAL Teams without first completing BUD/S Training. There are records of every man who has qualified for the title of “SEAL”; there have been and will continue to be secret missions, but there are NO secret SEALs… we know them all.

To obtain a formal/official statement on the Mr. PERNICE’s lack of SEAL credentials from an official Navy source, those authorities who are involved in questioning him directly (or through his attorney) should contact the Naval Special Warfare Command (Coronado, California) Public Affairs Office by telephone at (619) 522-2823.

In da Middle
01-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Wow, Goose, just as I thought. He is full of himself! Kinda par for the course for me to think that he thinks waaaay too highly of his accomplishments and that he is smarter than everybody else.

Luzianne
01-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks for checking that out and for posting the results, goose! Wow!

I saw those blog comments saying that Shon was a Navy S.E.A.L. and also others refuting it, and I tended to believe those refuting it. I have also seen blog comments saying that Shon liked to pretend he was somebody when really he is nothing and that is why he was so afraid of Renee divorcing him, because without her he was nothing. She had a master's in nursing and was teaching nursing. He, before he was fired from a hospital for stealing narcotics (according to blog comments) was a med tech, which meant he applied Band-Aids and things of that nature; he was not a nurse, he was not anything of any importance. Seems like he liked to brag a lot and pretend he was something he was not.

Too bad his tour of duty in Iraq ended. He should have just stayed over there.

Luzianne
01-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Incidentally, Asshat is one of my favorite words of all time. The visual image my brain conjures everytime I hear or read the word makes me gigglesnort every time.

Me too. Love that word! :)

Luzianne
01-14-2009, 01:52 PM
As we walked to our car, all I could think about was where is Renee? It's so cold here tonight. Is she out in the bitter cold? Is she alive? Is she injured? I just hope they find her.

I keep thinking that too. The wind was howling as I was going to sleep last night and I was just thinking I hope they find her soon, I hope she's not out in that cold wind. The only consolation is if she is out there somewhere and the temperatures stay cold, that will slow decomposition (it bothers me to even type that because I'm still hoping by some miracle she is alive) and the ME will be able to determine a cause of death and link the killer to the body. If only they had found Caylee Anthony's body before it had decomposed, they would have known a lot more about what happened to her. I'm just hoping Renee is found soon so someone doesn't get away with murder. Or if she just walks in the door at home or at the hospital or whatever, that would be even better!

rccook555
01-14-2009, 07:01 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Police have released the home of a missing Northland woman back to her husband.

Renee Pernice, 35, hasn't been seen since Jan. 2. Her father reported her missing the next day.

Investigators believe her disappearance is suspicious, and that foul play may have been involved.
(Also involving where the cell phone was found..)
Snipped
Renee Pernice's cell phone was found at Sixth Street and Gladstone Avenue. Friends and relatives have conducted several searches of wooded areas in the Northland, but haven't found anything.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/18481938/detail.html

luvbeaches
01-15-2009, 12:05 AM

The first one

It's just so sad. Each day I hope they find her alive...but it just doesn't seem like it's going happen at this point. I feel so bad for the children...and her family.

Thanks for posting those pictures. I do not recall ever meeting him. I thought maybe if I saw a picture of him, it might jog my memory.

luvbeaches
01-15-2009, 12:19 AM
I keep thinking that too. The wind was howling as I was going to sleep last night and I was just thinking I hope they find her soon, I hope she's not out in that cold wind. The only consolation is if she is out there somewhere and the temperatures stay cold, that will slow decomposition (it bothers me to even type that because I'm still hoping by some miracle she is alive) and the ME will be able to determine a cause of death and link the killer to the body. If only they had found Caylee Anthony's body before it had decomposed, they would have known a lot more about what happened to her. I'm just hoping Renee is found soon so someone doesn't get away with murder. Or if she just walks in the door at home or at the hospital or whatever, that would be even better!

It would be wonderful if she would show up...but I really don't think that's going to happen. But we shouldn't give up hope...

You're right about the weather. If she is outside, then that could help. But I think it's supposed to warm up next week. We're going to be gone until early February, and I don't know if I'll have Internet access or not. I've told a couple of my friends to call me if there's any news on Renee.

I agree, it would have been nice if LE had found little Caylee earlier so maybe they'd know more of the details, but I personally believe they have a mound of evidence against Casey. I'd bet the farm that there's something on the duct tape and/or bag (fingerprint, fibers, something), that will link the bag and tape to Casey. It's going to be interesting to see if Casey drove back to the crime scene. I wonder if her cell phone pings can isolate her being at that location? I can't believe Casey didn't go and check out the crime scene prior to Cindy calling 911. But then Casey is a big ole narcissist and maybe she never gave another thought to Caylee once she was dumped.

I'll bet they upgrade the charges, and then offer Casey a plea (LWOP), and she takes it. Florida will execute her, and even if she's not thinking about that, her attorney probably is.

I am just so sick of hearing about people killing and discarding other humans like they're trash. It just boggles my mind some days.

JaneInOz
01-15-2009, 01:57 AM
Sadly, I have read comments on different blogs from people who know Renee. One of them said that Renee did fit the profile of a battered woman, knew she was in danger but stayed with him, had told him before that she was going to make him move out and he said something to the effect of "I'll kill you before I'll move out." Of course, I have no proof of that but given other comments I have seen and what has been in the news and the fact that she did file for divorce and then it was called off, I tend to believe it. I just keep watching that 4th of July video of him and Renee and telling myself I'm probably watching/listening to a murderer. Ack. Here's the video:

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=6915716&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

:( That is just so sad isnt it :( and watching that and hearing him speak like that you couldn't pick him as a wife murderer..you'd just think he was a regular guy who went to a horrid war and saw horrid things and misses his buddies..

luvbeaches you are so right, I am so sick of reading about all these people killing people they are supposed to LOVE

Hasnt anyone heard of DIVORCE

Why do these men take their childrends mother from them ? it is so wrong. No matter what anyone says when a child is growing it is their mother that they absolutely need and want. Of course they love their daddy's and some may even be a daddy's girl or boy but when it comes down to it they want their mummy. Its a bond that should NOT be broken (disclaimer - apart from when the child is in harms way, abuse , etc etc !!!)

And the Stupid thing is that these people thing they are so damn smart that they will be the smart one that *gets away with* cause they think they know so well !

But in most cases it will come and bit them on the you know what and I hope it does this so and so.
but sadly that will mean the children have lost their parents. But it sounds like Her parents are loving and kind people.

Sigh :(

Tonia
01-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Kansas City police hit dead end in missing mother search
Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 7:30 a.m.

KANSAS CITY -- Kansas City police have hit a dead end in their search for a missing mother.

35-year-old Renee Pernice went missing Jan. 2.

A day after she disappeared, investigators found her cell phone on a street several miles from her northern Kansas City home.

Relatives say that was an area she wasn't known to go to frequently; and that it is very much out of character for her to simply leave without telling anyone.

Police have not arrested any suspects.

Investigators are wanting to talk to the missing woman's husband.

They believe Shon Pernice was the last person to see his wife.

Police are working with his lawyers to arrange an interview.

http://www.connecttristates.com/news...aspx?id=246917

Lola
01-15-2009, 09:34 AM
I am just so sick of hearing about people killing and discarding other humans like they're trash.

Nothing to add but total agreement.

susan1215
01-15-2009, 01:38 PM
I hope this doesn't end up like the Drew Peterson case where we never find her her body and the husband gets off to live his life. Everytime I see Drew Peterson I want to smack that double wife killer. I heard that Shon was adviced not to attend the virgil or search, why because he might say something that can be used against him?

I always remember what Mark Klass (whose daughter Polly was killed) says he knew he was being looked at in her case and he had nothing to hide so he didn't hire a lawyer, he talked to the public kept Pollys picture out there, helped with the search, he talked to police his life was open to them, that way they could elimate him and look for other suspects and keep the case moving. These men hire lawyers, hide from the public, don't help with the searches and don't talk to police, they have something to hide.

Lola
01-16-2009, 12:47 PM
While I do tend to think Shon is the one responsible, comparing this to the Polly Klaas case may be a bit unfair. News coverage has changed dramatically since 1993 and being a person of interest now seems to mean that the press can camp out on your doorstep, harass your friends, family and neighbors and dig into every aspect of your life. I'm not giving Shon a pass, but being in his position, hiring a lawyer may not be such a bad idea.

INQUIRING MINDS
01-16-2009, 02:11 PM
While I do tend to think Shon is the one responsible, comparing this to the Polly Klaas case may be a bit unfair. News coverage has changed dramatically since 1993 and being a person of interest now seems to mean that the press can camp out on your doorstep, harass your friends, family and neighbors and dig into every aspect of your life. I'm not giving Shon a pass, but being in his position, hiring a lawyer may not be such a bad idea.

Shon wasn't in a position until he put himself in one.
Friday says he thinks his wife is with friends or family, Saturday shows up to his house with an attorney and his wife wasn't even reported missing yet. This is the behavior that compels the media to camp on your doorstep and harass your friends and family.
Look at the case of Caylee. Jesse and Tony went willingly to take a lie detector and cooperated with LE. There was no media harassing them.

The only one that was getting called out by the media was the person and her family who wasn't cooperating or being forthright. These were the same people rushing out to get attorneys to say cover their tracks.

When my spouse went missing (later discovered he left on his own accord)
I wasn't hiring an attorney, I was calling local and state LE inquiring about accidents, calling hospitals, and driving to last known places searching for him myself. Because when you love someone, who is missing, this is the action you take. You're looking out for their interest, not your own....

goose13
01-16-2009, 03:37 PM
I agree. Getting a lawyer right away is not the right thing to do. He had the strength and courgre to meet the enemy in combat on the battlefield, then dealing with the in-laws, authorities, media and public should be something he can handle. Getting a lawyer later, I totallly understand. He was only looking out for himself, not his wife or kids.

Luzianne
01-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Oh. My. God. Just watched the local news. I cannot find a video of what I saw, but this article contains part of it: http://www.kansascity.com/842/story/985430.html

1. The police found a rubber glove in a pants pocket and in I think a jacket that had suspicious stains on them.

2. Shon told Renee's family he last saw her on Jan 1, but told detectives he last saw her on Jan 2.

3. Shon used an electronic keycard to gain access to the hazmat storage unit (cleaning supplies etc) of a fire station at 4:26 a.m. on Jan 3rd. He is an Independence firefighter, but he is not assigned to that station (and wasn't working at the time as he was supposed to be gone with the National Guard by that time).

4. Police found a pinkish stain on the ceiling in the house and a stain in the garage that tested positive for human blood.

5. Police followed Shon on Jan 6th and he went to Line Creek Park AND RELEASED RENEE'S DOG AND DROVE OFF.

Also: http://www.kctv5.com/news/18498907/detail.html

Police also found divorce papers at Renee Pernice's work that indicated that she owned the home and that Shon Pernice was not to live there after he returned from military service.

susan1215
01-16-2009, 09:23 PM
I just came here to post this information too. I'm glad the LE is getting some evidence. I was hoping they would find blood stains in the house that are Rene's.

In da Middle
01-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Police also found divorce papers at Renee Pernice's work that indicated that she owned the home and that Shon Pernice was not to live there after he returned from military service.

To this part of your post, the house is still recorded in both their names as of today. http://recorder.claycogov.com/iRecordClient/Login.aspx?A=REAL_SEARCHBYNAME&URL=/iRecordClient/REALSearchByName.aspx Just hit enter as guest with no password and use their names. I also noticed while looking at this that he may have family i the same neighborhood. Doesn't mean that she wasn't seeking sole ownership of the house though.

JaneInOz
01-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Oh. My. God. Just watched the local news. I cannot find a video of what I saw, but this article contains part of it: http://www.kansascity.com/842/story/985430.html

1. The police found a rubber glove in a pants pocket and in I think a jacket that had suspicious stains on them.

2. Shon told Renee's family he last saw her on Jan 1, but told detectives he last saw her on Jan 2.

3. Shon used an electronic keycard to gain access to the hazmat storage unit (cleaning supplies etc) of a fire station at 4:26 a.m. on Jan 3rd. He is an Independence firefighter, but he is not assigned to that station (and wasn't working at the time as he was supposed to be gone with the National Guard by that time).

4. Police found a pinkish stain on the ceiling in the house and a stain in the garage that tested positive for human blood.

5. Police followed Shon on Jan 6th and he went to Line Creek Park AND RELEASED RENEE'S DOG AND DROVE OFF.

Also: http://www.kctv5.com/news/18498907/detail.html

Oh Dear Lord
I hate HATE these cases. WHY do these b*stards have to do this WHY WHY WHY
Its ALL ABOUT THEM

Luv2beaches hasnt been on yet...:( I hope she is ok

And those poor sweet children

Why couldn't he just freaking do the divorce, or would that hurt his non existent macho Navy Seal Image :rolleyes:

I hope she didn't know I hope she didn't suffer, and I just really hope she didn't know what was happening so she didn't have to think of her poor babies being without her

ETA and from that second article you linked too

Investigators searched the family's northern Kansas City home last week. The took numerous items including 23 guns and ammunition. Shon Pernice is in the military.

23 FREAKING GUNS ????????????

Even people in the Military here in Australia do not have that sort of weaponary at their HOME

The rigmoral we had to go through just to have a rifle heirloom that was left in a will that is still usable . We had to have a Rifle SAFE installed, A photo fun License for the owner. The keys to the safe are in another safe !!

In Australia you have to have a Safe for All usable weaponry. Otherwise it has to be decommissioned by the police if you want it on display

JaneInOz
01-16-2009, 11:02 PM
actually there are two deeds with her name on it
I don't understand your stuff over there so could you explaine it to me please

First one is a Warranty Deed only in Renees name and two other peoples

http://recorder.claycogov.com/iRecordClient/REALSummary.aspx?INSTRUMENT_PK=19990021739

second one with both their names is a Deed of Trust

http://recorder.claycogov.com/iRecordClient/REALSummary.aspx?INSTRUMENT_PK=19990021740

Thank you

JaneInOz
01-16-2009, 11:15 PM
More http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=8267379&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Snipped

KANSAS CITY, MO -- Police investigating the disappearance of a Northland mom removed carpet samples, blood stains and other evidence from the woman's home in hopes that they will help investigators find out what happened to her.

Court documents also show that Pernice used his employee access card to go inside a fire station at 4:30 a.m. that contained hazardous materials clean-up supplies. Police thought it was unusual to be at a fire station that he wasn't assigned to at that time of day.

Renee's family says the couple was in the process of divorcing, and Shon was slated to move out of the house at the end of January.

Bold mine - 4.30am !

Also

His lawyer is a real winner :rolleyes:

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/01/attorney_kevin_baldwin_picture.php

Luzianne
01-16-2009, 11:24 PM
You can read the search warrant documents here: http://www.kctv5.com/news/18498907/detail.html

They are right under the picture of Renee.

Luzianne
01-16-2009, 11:39 PM
In the court documents it says that Renee bought the house on her own before she ever met Shon.

Luzianne
01-16-2009, 11:40 PM
I just came here to post this information too. I'm glad the LE is getting some evidence. I was hoping they would find blood stains in the house that are Rene's.

They found blood in the garage, a "pinkish" stain on an axe handle I think they said. I am in the process of reading the court documents to clarify what I heard on the news.

JaneInOz
01-17-2009, 12:10 AM
In the court documents it says that Renee bought the house on her own before she ever met Shon.

That would make sense from the documents I put up
It was in her name and then it looks like its in both

JaneInOz
01-17-2009, 12:14 AM

Have you read the FIRST AFFIDAVIT !

Almost ? sounds like he could have been doing the dirty " It also contained photos of shon and one of the children with an unknown female*

JaneInOz
01-17-2009, 12:21 AM
Okay go to the Search return warrant doc 1

Multi colored container front right seat Odor of marijuana

Stocking hat on right front seat

Fabric Softener sheet from rear cargo area

String Mop WET from NE Corner of Garage

Gold coloured wedding ring with clear stones

Latex disp glove from inside item 49 with misc hairs

Looks like the took all the sheets and so on from master bedroom

Took vacums

Duct Tapes and other tapes

:eek:

Scraping of Crack Garage floor - Trace Evidence

ITs not looking good for Renee :(

What is ? a "cut up piece of AmeriQuest Platinum in the name of Shon Petrice in trash can in Master Bed ?

there is tonnes of stuff listed

I have to go out for a bit but have a read

Luzianne
01-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Keep reading. There were multiple, multiple areas that were luminol and heme positive, including the garage floor, the recycle bin in the garage, axe head in the garage, steps and wall going to the living room (from the garage? I'm not sure), the living room, the couch, the dining room, the kitchen, both sinks basins in the kids' bathroom, the floor in the kids' bathroom near the toilet, under a corner of the bed in the master bedroom, the shower floor in the master bedroom, under a Hoover Steamvac - all luminol and heme positive.

Luzianne
01-17-2009, 12:51 AM
To this part of your post, the house is still recorded in both their names as of today. http://recorder.claycogov.com/iRecordClient/Login.aspx?A=REAL_SEARCHBYNAME&URL=/iRecordClient/REALSearchByName.aspx Just hit enter as guest with no password and use their names. I also noticed while looking at this that he may have family i the same neighborhood. Doesn't mean that she wasn't seeking sole ownership of the house though.

The court documents released today say Renee bought the house before she met Shon, that he was to move out by the end of January, and there is no way she would have wanted him to have the house.

Luzianne
01-17-2009, 12:54 AM

Have you read the FIRST AFFIDAVIT !

Almost ? sounds like he could have been doing the dirty " It also contained photos of shon and one of the children with an unknown female*

Yeah, I saw that. I wonder who this unknown female is? I bet we'll be finding out! Apparently Renee knew about her...

JaneInOz
01-17-2009, 04:00 AM
***** There was swab after luminol under the front of the Hoover STEAM VAC

B*stard has done a clean up.

doesnt he watch CSI ? that you can not just *steam vac* blood away

LOSER

Lola
01-17-2009, 05:12 AM
Police: Missing woman's husband made inconsistent statements (http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/985989.html)

Aperture
01-17-2009, 08:52 AM
It looks like he had his own private armory with all the firepower. The fake Navy Seal ID is very telling as to his wanna-be shortcomings. I hope they can move forward with charges given the many things discovered on the search. The Ameriquest Platinum is a credit card. Perhaps Renee took it from him and cut it up so he could no longer use it. If so, that might have been a trigger to elevate his anger.

believe09
01-17-2009, 09:17 AM
***** There was swab after luminol under the front of the Hoover STEAM VAC

B*stard has done a clean up.

LOSER

Looks like he did a pretty poor clean up in spite of his access to materials...

Tonia
01-17-2009, 10:15 AM
--Detectives saw Shon Pernice drive the family minivan on Jan. 6 to Line Creek Park -- more than one mile from the family's home -- where Pernice released his wife's dog and drove away. When Shon Pernice did not return, detectives picked up the animal.

It's just a matter of time.

Luzianne
01-17-2009, 10:56 AM
It looks like he had his own private armory with all the firepower. The fake Navy Seal ID is very telling as to his wanna-be shortcomings. I hope they can move forward with charges given the many things discovered on the search. The Ameriquest Platinum is a credit card. Perhaps Renee took it from him and cut it up so he could no longer use it. If so, that might have been a trigger to elevate his anger.

About the credit card - that is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Maybe Renee cut it up because it ws an account in both their names or maybe in her name and he was a user on the account and she didn't want him using it anymore. And that might have started the whole thing.

Lola
01-17-2009, 11:57 AM
--Detectives saw Shon Pernice drive the family minivan on Jan. 6 to Line Creek Park -- more than one mile from the family's home -- where Pernice released his wife's dog and drove away. When Shon Pernice did not return, detectives picked up the animal.

Probaby so. I wonder where Renee is. This wife murdering @#$% has to stop. Drew Peterson, Craig Stebic, and the rest of these guys are giving every controlling loser ideas.

Luzianne
01-17-2009, 12:46 PM

LOSER

I wonder if he ever read MacBeth? "Out, out damn spot!"

Tonia
01-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Family of missing Northland woman speaks out

The parents of a missing Northland woman joined seven other relatives at a news conference this morning, urging the public not to overlook potential clues to the disappearance of Renee Pernice.

http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/986461.html

Luzianne
01-17-2009, 01:52 PM
There were a couple of arson fires that happened around the time Renee went missing. One of them was in Olathe, Kansas. I remember thinking at the time, with him being a firefighter, that possibly Shon could have started a fire to dispose of the body. But then I thought well being a firefighter he would know that they could identify a body after it was burned. BUT if he dismembered the body or somehow dissolved it (is there something in the hazmat supplies that might dissolve things), maybe a fire could hide any traces of a body?

luvbeaches
01-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Luv2beaches hasnt been on yet...:( I hope she is ok

And those poor sweet children

23 FREAKING GUNS ????????????

Even people in the Military here in Australia do not have that sort of weaponary at their HOME

I can't even imagine what her family is going through. My heart just breaks for them, especially the kids. The friends that I have that also know her family are just sick. I just hope they find Renee soon.

It looks like the detectives I saw at the vigil were probably following Shon. And it seems like there's good reason to be doing so.

When I read what's being being found, it's like...OMG, she is not going to be okay. You hate to give up hope...but it's hard to believe that she'll be found alive at this point.

JaneInOz
01-17-2009, 07:22 PM
There were a couple of arson fires that happened around the time Renee went missing. One of them was in Olathe, Kansas. I remember thinking at the time, with him being a firefighter, that possibly Shon could have started a fire to dispose of the body. But then I thought well being a firefighter he would know that they could identify a body after it was burned. BUT if he dismembered the body or somehow dissolved it (is there something in the hazmat supplies that might dissolve things), maybe a fire could hide any traces of a body?

That does not sound good :(

Acid dissolves things.

Maybe that is why there is blood in the garage and so forth..

So basically it looks like he murdered her whilst the kids were at the neighbours ?

JaneInOz
01-17-2009, 07:23 PM
OMG

Pretz was asked whether they had seen or talked to the Pernices’ two boys, ages 6 and 8, who are with their father. They have not been able to, he said.

“We love those children dearly,” he said, “and we want to see them badly.” But their efforts to contact Shon Pernice have been fruitless. “Every attempt to contact Shon has not been returned,” he said. “The calls go unanswered when we call.”

From that above linked article

Geeze I hope the police remove the children and give temp cust to the grandparents

Surely if they suspect Shon of foul play they should do this ?

Drivenon
01-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Positive Field Test on Luminol and Hemoglobin on the AXE with yellow handle.
Lovely.

I predict they file charges on the guns as soon as they feel following him around is not going to lead to Renee. Hes a disgrace to dedicated servicemen.

Dog gets a kinder send off than the Mother of his children. I do LOVE that LE saved the dog. I would focus away from where he dropped the dog, hes smarter than that.

JaneInOz
01-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Lovely.

I predict they file charges on the guns as soon as they feel following him around is not going to lead to Renee. Hes a disgrace to dedicated servicemen.

Dog gets a kinder send off than the Mother of his children. I do LOVE that LE saved the dog. I would focus away from where he dropped the dog, hes smarter than that.

Bold is mine I totally agree...a total disgrace

Had a though re the dog , maybe he is using reverse psychology though ? as in they will think i am smarter than that so what better place to dispose of a body right under their noses

?

Just a thought...

Luzianne
01-17-2009, 11:25 PM
Lovely.

Maybe he's not smarter than that, but just thinks he is. Read the comments at this blog, especially those made by Mike in S.C. who used to know Shon and was in the service with him maybe? http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2009/01/update-shon-per.html?cid=145370604#comment-145370604

He says Shon is really not that smart.

Drivenon
01-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Bold is mine I totally agree...a total disgrace

Had a though re the dog , maybe he is using reverse psychology though ? as in they will think i am smarter than that so what better place to dispose of a body right under their noses

?

Just a thought...

I dont know what type of dog it was, but I was going with the "she might smell her" if she were in the vacinity, I agree this guy is not that smart..

Drivenon
01-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Maybe he's not smarter than that, but just thinks he is. Read the comments at this blog, especially those made by Mike in S.C. who used to know Shon and was in the service with him maybe? http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2009/01/update-shon-per.html?cid=145370604#comment-145370604

He says Shon is really not that smart.

I completely agree Luzi..

He is like a metaphoric 2 face wanna be.. Portrays to those not "in the know"
one image, and takes it out on everyone else that knows the "real" Shon.
ps- who spells a name like that?

If he were smart, he had access to EVERY MEANS to to pull this off. I believe this was "do or die" night for him.. He was gonna turn it around or all bets were off. He gambled and lost. Thus why he scrambled for like 3 days.

I am 100% confident Renee will be found, and this skeevotz will spend the rest of his life in prison or worse.. I would advise her family to seek custody of the kids, immediately. They would absolutely get it ex parte based on the search warrants and intake alone..

Lola
01-18-2009, 06:23 AM
Shon may have not been smart enough to pull it off and get away with it. I don't think he thought about it, this seems like a murder that was planned in that he got the kids out of the house, but after that things began to fall apart.

KCPD are a pretty experienced bunch of cops, they'll charge this clown and I suspect we'll be amazed by how much evidence they have against him. I just wonder if they'll wait til Renee's body is found like the cops who prosecuted Scott Peterson or if they'll charge him sooner.

Luzianne
01-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Shon may have not been smart enough to pull it off and get away with it. I don't think he thought about it, this seems like a murder that was planned in that he got the kids out of the house, but after that things began to fall apart.

KCPD are a pretty experienced bunch of cops, they'll charge this clown and I suspect we'll be amazed by how much evidence they have against him. I just wonder if they'll wait til Renee's body is found like the cops who prosecuted Scott Peterson or if they'll charge him sooner.

Since there are kids involved, I hope they don't wait until a body is found. They need to get those kids away from him now. I hope Renee's family hurries up and goes for custody of those kids. I hope they don't let Shon's family have them. At least his oldest kid has a mother.

Luzianne
01-18-2009, 01:15 PM
http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2009/01/07/missing-renee-pernice-from-kansas-city-ks-since-122009-foul-play-suspected-husband-shon-pernice-being-questioned/

There's a comment on this blog that says:

I served with SGT Shon Pernice in Iraq. He was IN MY UNIT. I know that Shon Pernice cheated on his wife, talked constantly about how much he hated his wife…the man honestly said that all she did was ‘**** up my life.’ He lied in an interview to KC Fox News on July 4th…we NEVER GOT MORTARED….EVER…and he timed the explosion in the background to make it seem that way. EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) had a scheduled detonation of some explosive ordinance on that day and he wanted to make it look like he saw “action.” He’s a piece of ****…I know that personally.

SuziQ
01-18-2009, 01:38 PM

Thank you, I've been so worried about that dog. Now hopefully detective's will be picking up Shon next. He's left quite a trail of evidence. I wonder if detective's are hoping to find a body before making an arrest?

TraceyLeigh
01-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Based on what we've seen so far from the search warrants, it is only a matter of time. I hope so anyway. The truth is painfully obvious.

goose13
01-18-2009, 06:49 PM
http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2009/01/07/missing-renee-pernice-from-kansas-city-ks-since-122009-foul-play-suspected-husband-shon-pernice-being-questioned/

There's a comment on this blog that says:

I served with SGT Shon Pernice in Iraq. He was IN MY UNIT. I know that Shon Pernice cheated on his wife, talked constantly about how much he hated his wife…the man honestly said that all she did was ‘**** up my life.’ He lied in an interview to KC Fox News on July 4th…we NEVER GOT MORTARED….EVER…and he timed the explosion in the background to make it seem that way. EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) had a scheduled detonation of some explosive ordinance on that day and he wanted to make it look like he saw “action.” He’s a piece of ****…I know that personally.

Luzianne, I also served with Shon. Back in 1994 we both deployed to Kuwait. We were both assigned to MIUWU 114, a Naval Reserve Unit. I was the one who reported him as a fake seal. His name is on the web page of phonies:

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies.htm

He stole money and military ID's from me and a fellow shipmate. In the search warrant they found two military ID's that were not his. The names are blacked out. I bet one is mine and the other my fellow shipmates. Shon time as a free man is getting shorter by the day.

Luzianne
01-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Luzianne, I also served with Shon. Back in 1994 we both deployed to Kuwait. We were both assigned to MIUWU 114, a Naval Reserve Unit. I was the one who reported him as a fake seal. His name is on the web page of phonies:

He stole money and military ID's from me and a fellow shipmate. In the search warrant they found two military ID's that were not his. The names are blacked out. I bet one is mine and the other my fellow shipmates. Shon time as a free man is getting shorter by the day.

I WONDERED why those names were blacked out! I couldn't figure out what it could be. So it was other people's military IDs! Thanks for that info.

JaneInOz
01-19-2009, 12:04 AM

Wow

It just gets deeper and deeper in the dog doo doo doens't it

And you are so right Goose Shons days are a numbered and justice is a coming !

This case is so obvious as to who done it so to speak, why isn't he locked up already and those precious children with the grandparents before any harm comes to them

:(

Lola
01-19-2009, 08:56 AM
I sure hope these guys are also talking to police....goose, have you given them what info you have?

goose13
01-19-2009, 11:18 AM
I have reported the information to the police almost two weeks ago. I'm sure there most concerned with the blood spots to come back from the lab to see if they are Renee's. Then I'm guessing they will arrest Shon. I hope so. I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid like what happened to the Porter Kids.

Luzianne
01-19-2009, 11:43 AM
I have reported the information to the police almost two weeks ago. I'm sure there most concerned with the blood spots to come back from the lab to see if they are Renee's. Then I'm guessing they will arrest Shon. I hope so. I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid like what happened to the Porter Kids.

Yep, I'm guessing they will find Renee's blood and hopefully Shon's DNA mixed in with it. I am wondering exactly when he took the kids next door. The reason I think he might have already killed her before he took her next door is that if she were filing for divorce, I can't see her wanting to spend a quiet evening alone with him before he left for NG. So if she were still alive and not incapacitated in some way (bound or whatever) at the time he took the kids next door, I would think she'd stop him from taking them over there, or go to the neighbors and get the kids back or follow him over saying the kids were not going anywhere. Since she didn't take the kids over or help take the kids over, since it was all initiated and carried out by Shon, it makes me wonder where Renee was at that time. Maybe he'd already killed her and he needed to get the kids out of the house so he could dispose of the body.

I could be wrong, but it just seems strange to me because: 1) I wouldn't think Renee would want to spend a night alone with him. 2) She had no part in arranging for or taking the kids next door and no one saw her since before that time.

You hear all the time where kids are removed from their homes just on a suspicion by a neighbor or someone that the parent is unfit or the household is unsafe, without any proof. I assume this is done in the interest of protecting the children and erring on the side of caution rather than risk leaving a child in an unsafe home environment. I don't see why in a case like THIS that the children can't be removed just to err on the side of caution. I mean, even though he hasn't been charged with her murder (yet!), why should the children be left in his care if there is ANY doubt as to his mental health and ability to take care of the children?

Lola
01-19-2009, 01:23 PM
The Porter situation was a little different, but true, it's hard to predict what someone backed into a corned might do. At least they seem to have him under 24/7 surveillance. He's got a lawyer, so it seems he'd better do some straight talking to his client and get him into a deal to avoid the DP. MO not only gives the DP but executes. This guy clearly pre-meditated by getting his kids out of the house, so it would seem fairly clearcut to me.

The info you gave will be just one more brick in the wall towards a conviction, IMO and verifiable with records as well which should be a nice little bit of info in court in establishing the character of Mr. Pernice.

Perhaps she was sleeping with the aid of something he supplied??

Drivenon
01-19-2009, 03:04 PM

Goose, thank you for your service to our country:blowkiss:

Please check your credit and accounts to make sure he has not lifted your ID. If he were gonna run, he would need it. Why would someone steal military ID's when your deployed? Did he like your credentials better or was he planning something back then?

Are you surprised by this news?

Renewing my request if anyone is close with Renee's family to tell them to consider filing for custody of his children ex parte, immediately. I do not trust this guy.

Drivenon
01-19-2009, 03:06 PM

Im positive they know if it her blood already, unfortunately as we have seen in hundreds of case, that alone will not get him an arrest warrant.

SuziQ
01-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Goose13, thank you so much for joining the conversation. And welcome to WS!

goose13
01-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Goose, thank you for your service to our country:blowkiss:

Please check your credit and accounts to make sure he has not lifted your ID. If he were gonna run, he would need it. Why would someone steal military ID's when your deployed? Did he like your credentials better or was he planning something back then?

Are you surprised by this news?

Renewing my request if anyone is close with Renee's family to tell them to consider filing for custody of his children ex parte, immediately. I do not trust this guy.

I've checked my credit since it happened. It happened back in 1994. Very strange if it is mine and why he would keep it. But he had the Fake Navy Seal ID, which he had back then. The other shipmates ID he took, he actually stole a paycheck from him and cashed it with the ID he stole. KCMO police investigated it back then, found the place where he cashed the check, but the video wasn't good enough to ID him 100%. After the check was stolen, and Shon was confronted at our unit, he quickly left the unit the next month. So, I'm not surprised. I don't know why he stole mine and my shipmates ID's because we were the closest friends he had in the unit. But, that tells you the type of individual he is. I even invited him to my wedding. I just know there are others out there like me who he probably has done worse to, and that includes Renee. My prayers are with those children. I really fear for them.

Drivenon
01-19-2009, 06:07 PM
I've checked my credit since it happened. It happened back in 1994. Very strange if it is mine and why he would keep it. But he had the Fake Navy Seal ID, which he had back then. The other shipmates ID he took, he actually stole a paycheck from him and cashed it with the ID he stole. KCMO police investigated it back then, found the place where he cashed the check, but the video wasn't good enough to ID him 100%. After the check was stolen, and Shon was confronted at our unit, he quickly left the unit the next month. So, I'm not surprised. I don't know why he stole mine and my shipmates ID's because we were the closest friends he had in the unit. But, that tells you the type of individual he is. I even invited him to my wedding. I just know there are others out there like me who he probably has done worse to, and that includes Renee. My prayers are with those children. I really fear for them.

O my. That is just unbelievable. That puts "Shady Shon" as a criminal way before ever meeting Renee. That poor woman and her family. I agree about the kids, I pray the grandparents take legal action.

JaneInOz
01-19-2009, 06:33 PM

As I said earlier I entirely agree here , please anyone that knows the grandparents ask them to get immediate temp custody

Surely if someone is under suspicion of MURDER especially murder of their mother that is a good enough reason ?

He seems to be the type that would be "oh well nothing to lose" and take the kids out and himself

Or even just take the kids out to hurt Renee's family

What about HIS family > his parents ? siblings ? anyone know anything about them ?

Luzianne
01-19-2009, 08:01 PM
As I said earlier I entirely agree here , please anyone that knows the grandparents ask them to get immediate temp custody

Surely if someone is under suspicion of MURDER especially murder of their mother that is a good enough reason ?

He seems to be the type that would be "oh well nothing to lose" and take the kids out and himself

What about HIS family > his parents ? siblings ? anyone know anything about them ?

I think Shon has 2 younger brothers, but I know nothing about them or their relationship with Shon. His parents are divorced. I have heard rumors that his mother accused his paternal grandfather and uncle of molesting him when he was younger, like 8 or 9. I have no idea if that is true. Have also heard the his mother adores the kids. But even if she does, I hope no one in his family gets custody of the kids. They are all Renee's family has left of Renee and I hope the kids go to her family. I wonder if Shon's mom has reached out to Renee's family?

Drivenon
01-19-2009, 08:03 PM

technically their is no announcement that he is a suspect, and technically no crime. However, on the weaponry issues alone, they have a shot and should take it.

JaneInOz
01-19-2009, 08:25 PM
No no I was not suggesting that Shons family have the children heavens no
Renees parents should have the children for absolutely !!!!

(:rolleyes: that was terrible grammar sorry LOL)

I wonder how true that is about him being abused as a boy ? if that is true :( that is awful BUT STILL Gives him no right to kill his wife ... But just saying it seems could be the reason for all his outrageous behaviours and his need to be in a violent job (no offence to the people in the armed forces, because the majority are decent human beings with the RIGHT Agenda for entering armed forces - but sometimes people with hate in their heart enter armed forces for the wrong reasons - phew that was a lot to explain !)

I sure hope that they take the Weapons issue and take the children even temp until he is then found guilty of Renees murder whcih I know hasn't been established YET

But its only a matter of time

Imajica
01-21-2009, 05:28 AM
Two days and no news? Anyone hear anything at all?

I saw a poster say this on the KC Star, not sure whether to forward it to the tip line or not:

jeejee wrote on 1/20/2009 10:30:23 PM:

The children are with their other grandmother--Shon's mother--who knows much more than she admits. She and Shon are living with Shon's brother. She knew about the divorce proceedings, did not want to see children living with their mother after divorce. Afraid to lose contact with them. She plays dumb (actually, though, she isn't very bright) but wants authorities to believe she is dumber than she is, and that she knows nothing. She knows more than she is telling anyone. Don't be fooled. Hopefully, the law enforcement people can see through this charade of keeping the children away from Renee's family. BTW, if the children do disappear along with Shon, you can bet Shon's mom will be with them. Someone please pay attention to this before it is too late and this situation gets worse than it already is. And no, "midtown maniac," I am NOT a member or a friend of Renee's family in case you might be ready to make that accusation.

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/987027.html

What do you guys think? Is it worth forwarding? The only other tip I sent had much more detail about Shon and his disturbing proclivities. Not sure what to think about this one though. Thoughts?

TGIRecovered
01-21-2009, 10:43 AM
I think that without any clue as to who wrote this on the KC site, there is no way for LE to verify if this person is giving an opinion or or repeating gossip or if they have first-hand knowledge.

The comment is interesting and seems to fit with what we have observed of Shon and his family, but if LE hasn't connected the dots by now, I'd be shocked. They are foolish if they aren't watching him and his family very closely! A good inside source; :kilroy:a family member with a consience or close friend:couch: , is what they need.

Thanks for sharing the comment! I too am frustrated with the lack of news about Renee's "disappearance".

Susan

MissieMt
01-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Goose, welcome to WS!!! Your post about verifying him as a Navy Seal wannabe was awesome. Great find!! I think we all know where this one is heading, and it breaks my heart to read about another spouse who chose death over divorce. I hope you can stick around and help out with other cases!

Luzianne
01-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Imajica, that's a very interesting comment. I hadn't seen that. I don't see what it could hurt to forward it. It may not help the police but then again it may. Renee's family said they are urging people to give every clue they can to police even if they think it's not significant because it could be something very helpful. If the police wanted to they could get the IP address from kansascity.com and track them down and speak to them.

I sometimes wonder if Shon and/or his mother are posting on those blogs. Same there - the police could request the IP addresses and track down those people. Some of the things that are said, though, sound like it could only be Shon himself or his mother.

I'd say give them the information and if it's not helpful then at least you tried. At the very least they will have an idea that they need to be suspicious of Shon's family.

goose13
01-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Since he was in the National Guard, I wonder if he put Renee someplace close to where he did some National Guard training. Are woods located near where the National Guard Armory, which I don't know which one he went to?? Is there one in Independence?? Does anyone know which one his unit is located?? He put her body someplace he was familiar with, I hope the police are looking at that.

In da Middle
01-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Since he was in the National Guard, I wonder if he put Renee someplace close to where he did some National Guard training. Are woods located near where the National Guard Armory, which I don't know which one he went to?? Is there one in Independence?? Does anyone know which one his unit is located?? He put her body someplace he was familiar with, I hope the police are looking at that.

There actually is a National Guard Armory near Independence, just a slight detour from his route from his house to Independence. The people I know in the KC area that are in the National Guard serve there. It is out by Arrowhead Stadium. And get this - it is almost surrounded by a wooded area!

I cant get the map to link but the Armory is by the south east corner of I-70 and I-435 on the Missouri side.

JaneInOz
01-21-2009, 11:57 PM
OMG if I lived over there YES I would do it

Please someone do it

What if you didn't and his mother takes off with the kids !

Do it please :) Two days and no news? Anyone hear anything at all?

I saw a poster say this on the KC Star, not sure whether to forward it to the tip line or not:

jeejee wrote on 1/20/2009 10:30:23 PM:

The children are with their other grandmother--Shon's mother--who knows much more than she admits. She and Shon are living with Shon's brother. She knew about the divorce proceedings, did not want to see children living with their mother after divorce. Afraid to lose contact with them. She plays dumb (actually, though, she isn't very bright) but wants authorities to believe she is dumber than she is, and that she knows nothing. She knows more than she is telling anyone. Don't be fooled. Hopefully, the law enforcement people can see through this charade of keeping the children away from Renee's family. BTW, if the children do disappear along with Shon, you can bet Shon's mom will be with them. Someone please pay attention to this before it is too late and this situation gets worse than it already is. And no, "midtown maniac," I am NOT a member or a friend of Renee's family in case you might be ready to make that accusation.

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/987027.html

What do you guys think? Is it worth forwarding? The only other tip I sent had much more detail about Shon and his disturbing proclivities. Not sure what to think about this one though. Thoughts?

Imajica
01-22-2009, 04:27 AM
Right on, your right it can't hurt. I forgot about the family mentioning that any little detail is helpful no matter how seemingly insignificant.

I too am also surprised and deeply concerned that the items recently removed from the home were not sufficient evidence for Renee's family to get an Ex-Parte order to remove the children from the home and assume temporary guardianship. I do hope that is something they are looking into before he absconds with them for good or worse. :( I guarantee you LE didn't find all of his fake id's. I hope they are checking for safety deposit boxes in his aliases and legal name. All he needs is a fake I.d. and passport for him and the children, plus a ticket to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the USA. Being overseas as much as he has already, who knows what kind of contacts he has made in different countries. Ugh. The possibilities are sadly endless.

I'm going to look for the link to the tip line form to forward the info I have. At least it's something, my heart aches for those children. I cannot imagine how frightened and confused they are without the familiar embrace of their Mom. I never will understand the depths of Evil the human soul is capable of in it's darkest moments. Those kids deserve their Mother. No amount of bitterness is worth murdering the Mother of your Children!

*Edit* Done and Done. ;) I submitted the whole ball of wax to www.tipsubmit.com

whoknew?
01-22-2009, 08:27 AM
I've joined WS a few months ago so I could get all the latest news on Caylee's case. I usually don't come out from lurking, but when I heard about this case I felt an immediate connection. Probably because I teach nursing students like Renee. I'm sure her students are holding their breath, praying for a miracle. My heart breaks for her parents and kids. IMO, this appears to be another case of a sociopathic husband who believes he's exempt from the laws of Man and God. If he can watch their children's lives be torn apart from the loss of their mother without remorse, then he doesn't have a soul. And IMO, God can't show mercy to someone without a soul.

SuziQ
01-22-2009, 09:22 AM
I've joined WS a few months ago so I could get all the latest news on Caylee's case. I usually don't come out from lurking, but when I heard about this case I felt an immediate connection. Probably because I teach nursing students like Renee. I'm sure her students are holding their breath, praying for a miracle. My heart breaks for her parents and kids. IMO, this appears to be another case of a sociopathic husband who believes he's exempt from the laws of Man and God. If he can watch their children's lives be torn apart from the loss of their mother without remorse, then he doesn't have a soul. And IMO, God can't show mercy to someone without a soul.

Very good first post. Welcome to WS! And don't let the premature reply button stop you from posting. I'm the one who probably shouldn't post. I'm very fond of typos and bad grammer!

MissieMt
01-22-2009, 09:57 AM

(My Bold) because ITA! Thank you for posting this, as you have definitely hit the nail on the head.
I try so hard not to judge these people...figure it really isn't my place, but there are sometimes when I just can't help it.

whoknew?
01-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Very good first post. Welcome to WS! And don't let the premature reply button stop you from posting. I'm the one who probably shouldn't post. I'm very fond of typos and bad grammer!

Thanks for warm welcome SuziQ. Everytime I start to type a reply/comment I get anxious because it takes me so long to get the thoughts in my head into words on the screen. Besides, I've been utterly amazed by the unmatched quality of sleuthing that happens on WS. You guys are Awesome!!!

Drivenon
01-22-2009, 11:53 AM

Actually, Goose, you may have raised a very good point. If he was to put her on "military property", these whole case could stall in a heartbeat. In general, it is very difficult if not impossible to get clearance to search a military property. I was afraid this might come to jurisdictional issues, I pray that is not the case. She needs to be found.

goose13
01-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Here is some information from the blog on the KCStar website. I put the same info about the Armory on the blog to help get some ideas. This is what they came up with. Just copy the google maps in your browser. Very interesting.

perhaps he is aware of a location around the armory (wooded area) that he knew of for disposal, and not close to his house. Even though he lives in KC north, he is an Independence firefighter, and used a key card at an Independence, Mo. fire station/hazmat station. The armory (one of 435 & 70) is closer to that hazmat station than it is to his house. The closer to the residence for disposal, the better the chance of getting caught.

just have seen people comment before that he lives in Independence, so I didn't want anyone getting confused. Here's a google map. On the map, A is his home, B is the National Guard Armory, and 2 is firestation #5.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1100+NW+66th+Terrace+Kansas+City+Missouri&daddr=7600+Ozark+Road+kansas+city+missouri+to:1130 1+E.+35th+Independence+missouri&hl=en&geocode=&view=map&mra=ls&sll=39.126232,-94.518608&sspn=0.283912,0.615234&gl=us&ie=UTF8&z=11

Oh wait. This is a better map. It shows A, B and C (C being the firestation) and the route.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1100+NW+66th+Terrace+Kansas+City+Missouri&daddr=7600+Ozark+Road+kansas+city+missouri+to:1130 1+E+35th+St,+Independence,+Jackson,+Missouri+64052&hl=en&geocode=&view=map&mra=pe&mrcr=1&sll=39.126232,-94.518608&sspn=0.283912,0.615234&gl=us&ie=UTF8&z=11

Tonia
01-22-2009, 02:03 PM
It seems as though the news is not doing alot about this much lately. I want updates,i want to know most of all about the kids,are they safe? I know we are waiting for the test to see if it was in fact Renee's blood. Im impatient,sorry.

whoknew?
01-22-2009, 11:13 PM
It seems as though the news is not doing alot about this much lately. I want updates,i want to know most of all about the kids,are they safe? I know we are waiting for the test to see if it was in fact Renee's blood. Im impatient,sorry.

I feel your frustration. After getting caught up in all the media coverage with Caylee's case, I guess maybe I assumed that every missing persons case would generate similar attention- at least locally. But you know what they say- when you assume something......

Drivenon
01-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Here is some information from the blog on the KCStar website. I put the same info about the Armory on the blog to help get some ideas. This is what they came up with. Just copy the google maps in your browser. Very interesting.

perhaps he is aware of a location around the armory (wooded area) that he knew of for disposal, and not close to his house. Even though he lives in KC north, he is an Independence firefighter, and used a key card at an Independence, Mo. fire station/hazmat station. The armory (one of 435 & 70) is closer to that hazmat station than it is to his house. The closer to the residence for disposal, the better the chance of getting caught.

just have seen people comment before that he lives in Independence, so I didn't want anyone getting confused. Here's a google map. On the map, A is his home, B is the National Guard Armory, and 2 is firestation #5.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1100+NW+66th+Terrace+Kansas+City+Missouri&daddr=7600+Ozark+Road+kansas+city+missouri+to:1130 1+E.+35th+Independence+missouri&hl=en&geocode=&view=map&mra=ls&sll=39.126232,-94.518608&sspn=0.283912,0.615234&gl=us&ie=UTF8&z=11

Oh wait. This is a better map. It shows A, B and C (C being the firestation) and the route.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1100+NW+66th+Terrace+Kansas+City+Missouri&daddr=7600+Ozark+Road+kansas+city+missouri+to:1130 1+E+35th+St,+Independence,+Jackson,+Missouri+64052&hl=en&geocode=&view=map&mra=pe&mrcr=1&sll=39.126232,-94.518608&sspn=0.283912,0.615234&gl=us&ie=UTF8&z=11

Goose, do you have a contact to pass this on or do you need one?
This Fed owned, correct?

JaneInOz
01-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Right on, your right it can't hurt. I forgot about the family mentioning that any little detail is helpful no matter how seemingly insignificant.

I too am also surprised and deeply concerned that the items recently removed from the home were not sufficient evidence for Renee's family to get an Ex-Parte order to remove the children from the home and assume temporary guardianship. I do hope that is something they are looking into before he absconds with them for good or worse. :( I guarantee you LE didn't find all of his fake id's. I hope they are checking for safety deposit boxes in his aliases and legal name. All he needs is a fake I.d. and passport for him and the children, plus a ticket to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the USA. Being overseas as much as he has already, who knows what kind of contacts he has made in different countries. Ugh. The possibilities are sadly endless.

I'm going to look for the link to the tip line form to forward the info I have. At least it's something, my heart aches for those children. I cannot imagine how frightened and confused they are without the familiar embrace of their Mom. I never will understand the depths of Evil the human soul is capable of in it's darkest moments. Those kids deserve their Mother. No amount of bitterness is worth murdering the Mother of your Children!

*Edit* Done and Done. ;) I submitted the whole ball of wax to www.tipsubmit.com

:blowkiss:

OOOOHHH Good for you..Thank you....

Luzianne
01-22-2009, 11:55 PM
I feel your frustration. After getting caught up in all the media coverage with Caylee's case, I guess maybe I assumed that every missing persons case would generate similar attention- at least locally. But you know what they say- when you assume something......

Greta has had little snippets about the case (Renee Pernice) on from time to time and finally tonight Nancy Grace did a several minute coverage of it. So now we are getting some national coverage. Hopefully Nancy will start covering this case too, maybe not to the extent she's covered Caylee Anthony probably, but a little coverage every night would be good, and it would also be good to get Texas Equusearch to help find Renee. I didn't know Renee but the sooner Shon is in jail, the happier I'll be.

Glitterflits
01-23-2009, 12:26 AM
I emailed the Nancy Grace show yesterday about Renee Pernice and she did a segment about her tonight. I don't know if it was coincidence or not that the show aired tonight, but I thought the email was worth a shot. She interviewed someone from the police department and a local news anchor. They also showed video from when the house was being searched. She also spoke to Renee's father. Maybe, if enough people make comments to her on her website about it, they will continue to be interested in her case. I think the more coverage, the better. The Nancy Grace show would definitely be able to generate some interest nationally from people who could help with the search and investigation. Maybe Tim Miller might even get involved.

chicoliving
01-23-2009, 05:01 AM
Video and intro at the beginning of the show then towards the end:

GRACE: Straight out to Martin Augustine with KMBC joining us out of Kansas City. What is the latest?

MARTIN AUGUSTINE, REPORTER, KMBC, COVERING STORY: Well, Nancy, the latest is that court documents are now on file that detail a three-day search of the home of Renee Pernice and her husband Shon and those documents catalog what police found that in that information police did find what appears to be, at least at -- initially, bits of human blood in several rooms and on top of an ax ahead and under a steam vacuum cleaner.

Now, keep in mind, though, all of that information has to be confirmed or refuted by a regional crime lab, but it was just enough information that it did get the attention of Kansas City police.

Also in those court documents, not just what police found, but also why they wanted to search the home. A couple of instances there. Shon Pernice is Renee Pernice`s husband and shortly after Renee disappeared, police detectives saw him drive away from the home to a nearby park and in that park he released Renee Pernice`s pet dog, turned around and left.

In the court documents, detectives say that indicated to them that he had knowledge that she would not be returning. And one other interesting bit of information that caught our eye, the fact that Shon Pernice showed up at an Independence fire station.

Now Independence is a city just right next door to Kansas City and Shon Pernice is an Independent firefighter, so the fact that he would be in a firehouse is not unusual. But that was not the one he`s assigned to. He was also there in the early morning hours and that particular fire station is.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0901/22/ng.01.html

Tonia
01-23-2009, 07:55 AM
On NG last night when she asked Renee's father "if you could talk to Renee right now what would you say to her",it made me cry. Poor man,you could tell he had a lump in his throat and his voice got a little shaky at first. My heart goes out them and im so glad that finally NG did do something on Renee and thank you Glitter.

Luzianne
01-23-2009, 08:29 AM
On NG last night when she asked Renee's father "if you could talk to Renee right now what would you say to her",it made me cry. Poor man,you could tell he had a lump in his throat and his voice got a little shaky at first. My heart goes out them and im so glad that finally NG did do something on Renee and thank you Glitter.

Renee's father is on the Kansas City news all the time giving interviews and every time he talks he seems distraught and near tears. It is so sad. I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is be on camera about to cry, but he does it because he loves his daughter and wants her to be found.

I think several people have emailed Nancy's show about the Pernice case. I emailed right after Renee went missing, and I know a couple of other people from another crime forum did as well. Maybe they got enough requests that they decided they'd run it.

JaneInOz
01-23-2009, 08:38 AM
I hope this being on NG will bring some fresh leads

DAMN THIS MAN.

I want the police to take the children from him and give to the grandparents

I JUST KNOW he killed Renee I can FEEL IT

I truly hope they remove the children soon, Im so worried about them

athy
01-23-2009, 09:37 AM
from what i hear of this guy and his mom i would definitely file for custody if i were renee's parents. shon and his mom seem the type that if they believe LE is coming for him that shon would take off in one direction and his mom and kids in another. then they'd meet up somewhere. she doesn't want renee's family to have those kids. the way things stand right now i believe they could do that and even if they found shon and arrested him. they couldn't do anything about the kids.

goose13
01-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Goose, do you have a contact to pass this on or do you need one?
This Fed owned, correct?

Yes, I sent it to the tips hotline yesterday. Hopefully they will search the area. She needs to be found. What is Shon's mom last name? Is it Pernice?? Has anyone done a records search on her?? Just curious, since people say that she is crazy and is protecting him. Where does she live??? Is there woods near where she live?? I'm trying to think of anyplace that he might have put Renee??

INQUIRING MINDS
01-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Yes, I sent it to the tips hotline yesterday. Hopefully they will search the area. She needs to be found. What is Shon's mom last name? Is it Pernice?? Has anyone done a records search on her?? Just curious, since people say that she is crazy and is protecting him. Where does she live??? Is there woods near where she live?? I'm trying to think of anyplace that he might have put Renee??

I went to the search warrants, when Shon's car was searched the documents listed his car was at
7010 North Holmes, Gladstone, MO. We can assume
since Shon was at his mothers, according the media stories we have got, That this would be her address.
I reversed the address and it is listed to a K. Behr who works as a staff member in the City of Gladstone. Here is a map of that address.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=7010+North+Holmes+Gladstone,+Mo&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=20.902146,35.859375&ie=UTF8&ll=39.221033,-94.573381&spn=0.00497,0.016909&t=h&z=16

Glitterflits
01-23-2009, 03:36 PM
I figured others had emailed Nancy Grace as well. Maybe if enough people leave feedback about the show and encourage more investigation she will continue coverage on the case. I just wish the results from the testing on the "blood like substance" would come in. I think police are waiting to get as much information as they can before approaching Shon. I'm sure they want an air tight case. I noticed that Renee's father would not speak directly about Shon except to say when he (Shon) told him the last time he saw Renee and that he had not talked to him or the children since. I just wonder if he is being cautious so that when the evidence comes in he can move forward then. I also called Texas Equisearch and they said that they could get someone out here today if a family member would call with the police report number and if the local police would O.K. it. I remember reading that there were some people on here who know the family. Maybe they can pass this info on if they do not already know it. Local authorities may not want outside involvement right now, but I would think the more help, the better. I feel so sorry for Renee's parents and children. I pray for them and Renee. I just wish there was more that I could do.

Tonia
01-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Truck may have link to missing Northland woman

Kansas City police released photos this morning showing a white truck they believed may have been involved in the disappearance of Renee Pernice, the Northland mother who disappeared around New Year’s Day.

Surveillance video recorded the truck in the area of Gladstone Boulevard from St. John Avenue to Seventh or Eighth Street during the morning of Jan. 2.

Pernice’s cell phone was found near Sixth Street and Gladstone.

Police want to find out who owns the truck and whether anyone saw it in that area or in the first few days of January.

Pernice had begun divorce proceedings when she vanished. Police obtained a search warrant for her house after her husband, Shon Pernice, refused to allow investigators inside.

The affidavit for the search warrant said Shon Pernice had made inconsistent statements about his wife’s disappearance. Shon Pernice told his wife’s relatives that he last saw her on New Year’s Day, according to the affidavit filed in Clay County Circuit Court. But several days later, he told detectives he last saw her Jan. 2.

The affidavit also said that Shon Pernice used an electronic keycard to enter the back door of the Independence hazmat station at 4:26 a.m. on Jan. 3. Pernice, an Independence firefighter, is not assigned to that station. Investigators noted in the affidavit that solvents and other cleaning materials were stored at the hazmat station.

The document also said detectives saw Shon Pernice drive the family minivan on Jan. 6 to Line Creek Park — more than one mile from the family’s home — where Pernice released his wife’s dog and drove away. When Shon Pernice did not return, detectives picked up the animal.

Anyone with information about the truck is asked to call the Tips Hotline at 816-474-TIPS(8477.) A reward is available and callers can remain anonymous.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/999175.html

SeriouslySearching
01-24-2009, 06:22 PM
KC police seek tips on truck, unidentifed woman in Northland disappearance

Police want to find out who owns the truck and whether anyone saw it in that area or in the first few days of January. The truck appears to be white, or light colored, with an extended or quad cab and possibly a rack on top.

Two objects in the bed of the truck, police noted, appear to be large coolers or storage containers.

Police also released a photo of a woman, hoping to learn whether she has any connection to the truck. They said they know the identity of the woman, but simply want to know whether she would have had access to such a truck and whether she frequented the area near Sixth and Gladstone.

http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/999175.html << Photo of woman on site.

So doesn't this sound like she could be his girlfriend and they are looking to see if she is a possible accessory or even a suspect?! LE knows who she is, but they are putting her face out there for people to tie her to the location and the truck. The mention of the coolers is unsettling since they found blood on the axe and in her house.

SeriouslySearching
01-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Maybe they should look at Smithville Reservoir. It is straight up US-169 N and is approximately 20 miles or 30 minutes depending on where you go there. It would be opposite of where the phone was dumped and far enough away that her dog would not have been able to track her easily from Line Creek Park. (They should have tried to follow the dog for a bit tho...never know what direction he may have taken them.)

SuziQ
01-25-2009, 02:38 AM
What strange new info. LE knows who the woman is. Is she Shon's GF or something? Yeah, the mention of the coolers is creepy.

SuziQ
01-25-2009, 02:42 AM
There is a larger picture of the truck at the below link. I wonder where the picture of this woman was taken. Kinda looks like she's waiting in line at a bank.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/18555787/detail.html

Imajica
01-25-2009, 05:43 AM
Oh my God.

It makes me ill to say this but I have a terrible feeling we are looking photographic evidence of poor Renee's Body being driven away in pieces by her husband and his new play pretty. I cannot imagine the horror her family is feeling looking at that image.

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/01/24/10/398-truck2.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.JPG

The police are obviously thinking the same thing or the large coolers would not have been mentioned.

The husband is bad enough, but now it's beginning to look like he had assistance in murdering the mother of his children, while they were sleeping in the house right next door. What the hell is wrong with people? Meh.

It's just not okay..

JaneInOz
01-25-2009, 05:58 AM
OMFG

The B*STARD chopped her up ???????

That woman has dodgy eyes !

God I hope this case is coming to fruition soon and this so and so is going to be locked up

Do we know where the children are ?

Imajica
01-25-2009, 07:06 AM
OMFG

The B*STARD chopped her up ???????

That woman has dodgy eyes !

God I hope this case is coming to fruition soon and this so and so is going to be locked up

Do we know where the children are ?

Well, I am only going on the blood found on the axe and in the garage. Plus the Mother of his older daughter mentioning it was odd Renee's car was in the driveway outside of the garage the day after Renee vanished, when it was always kept inside. That's a fairly strong indicator that the garage space was being used for gruesome purpose. Add those indicators to the unknown woman driving around with two large coolers in the back of a truck, in the same area where Renee's cell phone was located after she vanished. Plus didn't LE find a photo of one of the younger kids with Shon and an unidentified woman?? I bet this is the "mystery photo lady"?

All in all, that's what my instincts are telling me. She was in the back of that truck, and then her poor body was driven to a "dump site". But I am certainly no criminologist. I also would give anything to be wrong.

Please, someone out there knows something. These children deserve better.

Luzianne
01-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Plus didn't LE find a photo of one of the younger kids with Shon and an unidentified woman?? I bet this is the "mystery photo lady"?

It's not the same woman. http://www.kmbc.com/video/18557096/index.html

SuziQ
01-25-2009, 11:25 AM
It's not the same woman. http://www.kmbc.com/video/18557096/index.html

Oh no, Renee's grandfather has died.

Luzianne
01-25-2009, 11:46 AM

Yeah, sad. I bet Shon didn't allow the kids to attend the funeral.

Here's his obituary: http://www.legacy.com/KansasCity/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=123122969

JaneInOz
01-25-2009, 06:49 PM

Oh :( how sad for this family my deepest condolences to them all

Imajica
01-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Wow you guys, I've been keeping an eye on the local Kansas blogs for any other relevant info and found these remarks:

SPC Noone Says:

I served with SGT Shon Pernice in Iraq. He was IN MY UNIT. I know that Shon Pernice cheated on his wife, talked constantly about how much he hated his wife…the man honestly said that all she did was ‘f*** up my life.’ He lied in an interview to KC Fox News on July 4th…we NEVER GOT MORTARED….EVER…and he timed the explosion in the background to make it seem that way. EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) had a scheduled detonation of some explosive ordinance on that day and he wanted to make it look like he saw “action.” He’s a piece of s***…I know that personally.

nurse Says:

I know Shon-I agree with the Military guy a 100 percent! Shon is a piece of s***! He always bragged about being in the Mafia and he knew how to get rid of a body if he had too! He said that on more than one occasion! He was a whack job! God Bless Renee’s family and children.

KatInKc Says:

Shon came into a restaurant for some to go food just a week after his wife’s disappearance. He asked the bartender to pour him a beer then asked her to turn one of the televisions to one of the local news stations because he said, “I am headlining.” When the news came on he made a huge production about it…..said, “that’s my house….that’s my wife….that’s me….do you want to see my id?” Then he whipped out his military id onto the bar for everyone to see. The entire time he was there he was making sure everyone knew who he was like he wanted some notoriety or something. Before he left he made a statement that disturbed me. He said, “I hope those cops clean up that blood so my kids and I can go back home.” Now why would you joke about a thing like that???

Turns out three days later, he came back into the same restaurant for some more to go food. Told a guy that the reason he wasn’t helping to look for his wife in the woods is because he knew she wasn’t there. Also asked the same guy if he could hook him up with some cocaine. What the??? Hasn’t been back to the restaurant since. Needless to say, the TIPS hotline was called about these two visits!

Hope to God they find Renee alive but honestly, doesn’t look to promising. They need to put this guy behind bars!

I'm also working on tracking down a remark I saw on another blog that claimed to have seen a recent online post from Shon about Renee, and it wasn't a warm cuddly sort of remark from what I gleaned from the brief mention of it. I'll let you know what I find out.

kline
01-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Wow you guys, I've been keeping an eye on the local Kansas blogs for any other relevant info and found these remarks:

SPC Noone Says:

I served with SGT Shon Pernice in Iraq. He was IN MY UNIT. I know that Shon Pernice cheated on his wife, talked constantly about how much he hated his wife…the man honestly said that all she did was ‘f*** up my life.’ He lied in an interview to KC Fox News on July 4th…we NEVER GOT MORTARED….EVER…and he timed the explosion in the background to make it seem that way. EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) had a scheduled detonation of some explosive ordinance on that day and he wanted to make it look like he saw “action.” He’s a piece of s***…I know that personally.

nurse Says:

I know Shon-I agree with the Military guy a 100 percent! Shon is a piece of s***! He always bragged about being in the Mafia and he knew how to get rid of a body if he had too! He said that on more than one occasion! He was a whack job! God Bless Renee’s family and children.

KatInKc Says:

Shon came into a restaurant for some to go food just a week after his wife’s disappearance. He asked the bartender to pour him a beer then asked her to turn one of the televisions to one of the local news stations because he said, “I am headlining.” When the news came on he made a huge production about it…..said, “that’s my house….that’s my wife….that’s me….do you want to see my id?” Then he whipped out his military id onto the bar for everyone to see. The entire time he was there he was making sure everyone knew who he was like he wanted some notoriety or something. Before he left he made a statement that disturbed me. He said, “I hope those cops clean up that blood so my kids and I can go back home.” Now why would you joke about a thing like that???

Turns out three days later, he came back into the same restaurant for some more to go food. Told a guy that the reason he wasn’t helping to look for his wife in the woods is because he knew she wasn’t there. Also asked the same guy if he could hook him up with some cocaine. What the??? Hasn’t been back to the restaurant since. Needless to say, the TIPS hotline was called about these two visits!

Hope to God they find Renee alive but honestly, doesn’t look to promising. They need to put this guy behind bars!

I'm also working on tracking down a remark I saw on another blog that claimed to have seen a recent online post from Shon about Renee, and it wasn't a warm cuddly sort of remark from what I gleaned from the brief mention of it. I'll let you know what I find out.
And this guy will be full of rightous indignation when they arrest him....:waitasec:

JaneInOz
01-26-2009, 08:58 AM
OH MY - Oh far out - its looking worse and worse

I just pray that the police take the children and NOW

nursebeeme
01-26-2009, 09:19 AM
I haven't posted on this case (until now) but have been following it... as it is very near to where I live. It seems that investigaters are very hopeful since releasing the truck and woman pictures as they have generated many new tips and leads! http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=8309852&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

nursebeeme
01-26-2009, 09:23 AM
I haven't posted on this case (until now) but have been following it... as it is very near to where I live. It seems that investigaters are very hopeful since releasing the truck and woman pictures as they have generated many new tips and leads! http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=8309852&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

JaneInOz
01-26-2009, 07:29 PM

From the link you gave
Pernice was in the process of divorcing her husband Shon, who's made inconsistent statements about her disappearance. He's not talked to anyone besides his lawyer since then, and equally frustrating to Renee's parents, he isn't letting them talk to their grandchildren.

"Numerous attempts, even driving to the home, being told to talk to the lawyer," Pretz said. "We talk to the lawyers and still no visitation's been arranged. So that's very hurtful in this situation.

This concerns me, have the children been seen ?

SuziQ
01-26-2009, 08:38 PM
The lady in the pic has lawyered up.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/18569146/detail.html

SuziQ
01-26-2009, 08:43 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,483324,00.html

(snip)
Investigators interviewed the mother of Shon Pernice's daughter, who visited with her dad on Jan. 2. The woman told police that her daughter sent an e-mail around 9:30 p.m. telling her that she was ready to come home and was worried because Renee Pernice was not there.
The woman said she noticed the family van parked outside the home when she picked up her daughter from the Pernice home the next morning, the affidavit said. She said that was unusual because the van was always parked in the garage, police said.

darkstar105
01-26-2009, 08:54 PM
KCTV-5 has identified the woman in the photo, and they seem pretty confident about it.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/18569681/detail.html

Another link says that she had her elementary class write letters to soldiers in Iraq in 2007. Did she have them write to you-know-who?

http://www.kckps.org/ednews/archives/07_08/ednews101607_103107.pdf

Drivenon
01-26-2009, 09:07 PM
The lady in the pic has lawyered up.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/18569146/detail.html

Well now, Ms. Kelli's bout to get a paid time off, courtesy of the parents of the kids in her classroom, which her lawyer will not be able to help her with.

Can you say immunity.. that proffer is next. If we hear about it before hand, she doesnt know anything or wont help find Renee. If they execute a sealed warrant, Im betting Renee is on Fed property, which I sincerly hope she is not, unless there is a direct confession.
These kids need to be with their maternal grandparents.

SuziQ
01-26-2009, 09:50 PM
KCTV-5 has identified the woman in the photo, and they seem pretty confident about it.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/18569681/detail.html

Another link says that she had her elementary class write letters to soldiers in Iraq in 2007. Did she have them write to you-know-who?

http://www.kckps.org/ednews/archives/07_08/ednews101607_103107.pdf

Her pic is on pdf page 14. You can blow it up. It's definitely her. I hope she wasn't dumb enough to do something that ruins her life.

JaneInOz
01-26-2009, 09:57 PM
i wonder if that is how they met ? from the letter writing

JaneInOz
01-26-2009, 10:06 PM
EEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKk is this her Facebook http://www.facebook.com/people/Kelli-Ann-Sharp/1293857113

Is that his picture ?

The Roca Salon and spa is in kansas city

Compare that pic on that Facebook account in HER name as in Kelli's and then compare that pic to here http://www.give2thetroops.org/images/spernice_kids.JPG

Also who is that child ? Kelli's or Renee and Shon's ?

SuziQ
01-26-2009, 10:22 PM
EEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKk is this her Facebook http://www.facebook.com/people/Kelli-Ann-Sharp/1293857113

Is that his picture ?

The Roca Salon and spa is in kansas city

Compare that pic on that Facebook account in HER name as in Kelli's and then compare that pic to here http://www.give2thetroops.org/images/spernice_kids.JPG

Also who is that child ? Kelli's or Renee and Shon's ?

There is a family pic in one of the articles, I'm trying to find it.

SuziQ
01-26-2009, 10:26 PM
The below link has a family pic. I can't tell if Shon's daughter is the same as the facebook pic. It does look like him though.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/18463805/detail.html#

Can someone grab that facebook pic before it goes bye bye? It won't let me save it for some reason.

SuziQ
01-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Shon was involved with Give2thetroops.org

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.give2thetroops.org/images/spernice002b.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.give2thetroops.org/Letters2006.htm&usg=__ZholssNhGx3Cla2t-aMHOdOiSZM=&h=525&w=700&sz=43&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=OsQ4I3zbixD0LM:&tbnh=105&tbnw=140&prev=/images%3Fq%3DShon%2Bpernice%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den

JaneInOz
01-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Shon was involved with Give2thetroops.org

Hi yeah I posted this pic and the other one I posted a minute ago right at the beginning of this

The pic I posted a moment ago is also from Give2thetroops

Im looking at the pic of the children and it looks to be a old photo...

OK the children are ages 6,8, and 11,

Shon and Renee have two children together and shon has one daughter from a PREV relationship

Wonder if we can find out if kelli had a child ?

MissieMt
01-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Well now, Ms. Kelli's bout to get a paid time off, courtesy of the parents of the kids in her classroom, which her lawyer will not be able to help her with.

Can you say immunity.. that proffer is next. If we hear about it before hand, she doesnt know anything or wont help find Renee. If they execute a sealed warrant, Im betting Renee is on Fed property, which I sincerly hope she is not, unless there is a direct confession.
These kids need to be with their maternal grandparents.

I would be extremely disappointed if she is offered immunity. They don't need her testimony, look at all of the evidence they have found thus far. Give them time to find even more (And sweet Renee:() and they will both be going down for this.

JaneInOz
01-26-2009, 10:53 PM
The below link has a family pic. I can't tell if Shon's daughter is the same as the facebook pic. It does look like him though.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/18463805/detail.html#

Can someone grab that facebook pic before it goes bye bye? It won't let me save it for some reason.

Just emailed it o you hun x

SuziQ
01-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Hi yeah I posted this pic and the other one I posted a minute ago right at the beginning of this

The pic I posted a moment ago is also from Give2thetroops

Im looking at the pic of the children and it looks to be a old photo...

OK the children are ages 6,8, and 11,

Shon and Renee have two children together and shon has one daughter from a PREV relationship

Wonder if we can find out if kelli had a child ?

Someone was wondering if the surveillance pic is of a woman in another pic. What pic was that poster talking about and is that in fact Kelli?

SuziQ
01-26-2009, 10:56 PM
I would be extremely disappointed if she is offered immunity. They don't need her testimony, look at all of the evidence they have found thus far. Give them time to find even more (And sweet Renee:() and they will both be going down for this.

Unless that was Renee in the coolers in the back of the truck and Kelli knows where she is. That was really sad to type.

JaneInOz
01-26-2009, 10:57 PM

No - I disagree if she coughs Shon 's head up on a nice shiny platter to spend eternity in JAIL till he dies

Let them give her immunity - so long as she didn't partake in the Actual killing which I doubt.

You know I am convinced that they met through that letter writing that she orchestrated to Iraq from the kids of grade one.
I bet they started chatting on FACEBOOK no less ! and that might be the pic that was at the house ?

Maybe that was the final straw for Renee - and she said thats its

You have to feel sorry for the children :( its so wrong - they need to be given to Renees parents and TODAY Why isn't this happening :(

SuziQ
01-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Just emailed it o you hun x

Thanks, got it. But I still can't save it to my computer. There must be something wrong on my end.

JaneInOz
01-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Im beginning to think its not him in the fb page

I just looked at them side by side - the family one and the fb one

Also Renee and shon have two boys and the daughter is shons from a prev marriage

Is that wife still alive :rolleyes: - yeah I know she is as she called her mum and said she wanted to come home as renee wasnt there :(

So the cheap b*stard didn't want to pay two lots of Alimony and Child support hey

JaneInOz
01-26-2009, 11:07 PM
http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2009/01/renee-pernices.html

This comment here

I saw a slip in one of the blogs - something - ONE thing - only Shon would know. I called the police tonight. Let's hope this pans out.

Read the rest of the comments on there ! someone says one of them is Shon !

SuziQ
01-27-2009, 12:19 AM
Lawyer: Woman In Photo Not A Suspect In Pernice Case Last Edited: Monday, 26 Jan 2009, 9:49 PM CST

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=8313960&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Imajica
01-27-2009, 04:56 AM
And this guy will be full of rightous indignation when they arrest him....:waitasec:

Oh don't you know it? I can see the shock and surprise on his face already. Ugh. No matter how many times I see it happen, watching a living, breathing body completely bereft of anything even resembling a Soul, never fails to take my breath with absolute horror.

Is it just me or does it appear that the only thing cold blooded killers need to do to remain Scot Free these days is hire a lawyer? The lawyers don't even need to be particularly good at their job. Then the lawyer waves his foul little majick wand and POOF the criminal becomes bulletproof, twenty feet tall, and on the receiving end of way more consideration than the victim was EVER allowed to enjoy!! :furious:

It sickens me to the very core of my being. Truly. All of the Renee's, Caylee's, Jennifer's and Jessica's of this world deserve so much better don't they?? Meh, I know it's a moot point. However, I think about Renee's small children at the mercy of the man who it appears chopped up their Mother's body and disposed of her, and it makes me livid that such a situation could be allowed to occur. It seems to me that the lines between right and wrong have become blurred somehow, and it's the ones without the strength to fight back who get the rawest deal.

I keep coming back to these remarks from Renee's neighbor:

Neighbor Heard Strange Sounds
A neighbor of Renee Pernice said she heard something unusual from a wooded area behind her house, which is only blocks away from where Pernice lived. The neighbor, who didn't want her name used, said she was sweeping her deck on Friday when she heard it loud digging sounds in the woods.

"It was noon. We were waiting for my husband to come home, so I remember the time," the woman said. "I stopped sweeping, and I kept bending down to see if I could see anything, and the digging kept going on and kept going on."

"After awhile, I heard leaves being covered over something, and that kept going on and it kept going on," the woman said. "Finally I said, 'Let's go in and lock the door.' It made me feel that uncomfortable. It was just a very, creepy, uneasy feeling."

The woman said she called police when she saw the news of Renee Pernice's disappearance. The woman said a police helicopter on Sunday circled the area where she heard digging sounds.

"Then last night after dark, they came and circled again with their lights on," the woman said. "I felt like if I didn't report it, I would feel bad."

http://www.kmbc.com/news/18409671/detail.html#-

She's out there somewhere, and the one person who knows and should care would rather continue to inflict more scars onto the hearts and minds of those that Love Renee.

http://www.kmbc.com/2009/0106/18424655_240X180.jpg

Luzianne
01-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Im beginning to think its not him in the fb page

I just looked at them side by side - the family one and the fb one

Also Renee and shon have two boys and the daughter is shons from a prev marriage

Is that wife still alive :rolleyes: - yeah I know she is as she called her mum and said she wanted to come home as renee wasnt there :(

So the cheap b*stard didn't want to pay two lots of Alimony and Child support hey

I don't think Shon was ever married to his daughter's mother, but she did sue him to prove paternity and he was ordered to pay child support, I think $400/month.

susan1215
01-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Wow I can't belive an elementary school teacher could be involved with this. I wonder if she is married with kids. I can't understand why a women would risk ruining her career and family (if she has one) and freedom to help this guy cover up a crime. I have no doubt Shon was cheating. He probably didn't want the divorce so he wouldn't have to share custody of his kids and pay child support. I gotta give the LE credit for their investigation of this case, instead of just dismissing it as women who left on her own accord.

Luzianne
01-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Wow I can't belive an elementary school teacher could be involved with this. I wonder if she is married with kids. I can't understand why a women would risk ruining her career and family (if she has one) and freedom to help this guy cover up a crime. I have no doubt Shon was cheating. He probably didn't want the divorce so he wouldn't have to share custody of his kids and pay child support. I gotta give the LE credit for their investigation of this case, instead of just dismissing it as women who left on her own accord.

According to jococourts.org, she was married but divorced in 2000 and apparently has two kids. She lives in Overland Park, Kansas.

In one local (Kansas City) newsclip that I saw, it said that she declined to comment on her relationship with Shon. I think she probably is involved with him romantically. But I don't think that necessarily means she knew about Renee's murder or helped him cover it up. I think maybe it was through her that he gained access to the truck - like maybe it is the truck of someone she knows. I don't think she necessarily knew that he was using it to dispose of a body. Of course, it could be that she was involved but maybe she just provided the truck to him. Another report I saw said that a person matching Shon's description was seen driving the truck. That's why I think maybe he gained access to the truck through her, but she didn't necessarily know what he was using the truck for. I wonder where that video of her was taken? Maybe she WAS with him, but I hope for her sake she was not involved in the murder or disposing of the body and that she tells police everything she knows.

JaneInOz
01-27-2009, 06:22 PM
So she isn't a suspect

So She has two daughters - hmm wonder if that child is hers ? and that is him ?

What do you think Suzi do you still think its him ?

Also I read somewhere - will have to look that he was married to his first wife

Luzianne
01-27-2009, 06:36 PM
I think at least one of her kids is a son and he is older, like 17 or so. The other child is female, I think; not sure of age though. My guess is she doesn't have any little kids. She was married in 1991, divorced in 2000. She is not the mother of Shon's daughter who is 11.

JaneInOz
01-27-2009, 07:09 PM
I think at least one of her kids is a son and he is older, like 17 or so. The other child is female, I think; not sure of age though. My guess is she doesn't have any little kids. She was married in 1991, divorced in 2000. She is not the mother of Shon's daughter who is 11.

Hi yeah I know she isnt , have you looked at the fb pic ? do u think its him ?

JaneInOz
01-27-2009, 07:13 PM

I keep coming back to these remarks from Renee's neighbor:

Neighbor Heard Strange Sounds
A neighbor of Renee Pernice said she heard something unusual from a wooded area behind her house, which is only blocks away from where Pernice lived. The neighbor, who didn't want her name used, said she was sweeping her deck on Friday when she heard it loud digging sounds in the woods.

"It was noon. We were waiting for my husband to come home, so I remember the time," the woman said. "I stopped sweeping, and I kept bending down to see if I could see anything, and the digging kept going on and kept going on."

"After awhile, I heard leaves being covered over something, and that kept going on and it kept going on," the woman said. "Finally I said, 'Let's go in and lock the door.' It made me feel that uncomfortable. It was just a very, creepy, uneasy feeling."

The woman said she called police when she saw the news of Renee Pernice's disappearance. The woman said a police helicopter on Sunday circled the area where she heard digging sounds.

"Then last night after dark, they came and circled again with their lights on," the woman said. "I felt like if I didn't report it, I would feel bad."

http://www.kmbc.com/news/18409671/detail.html#-

She's out there somewhere, and the one person who knows and should care would rather continue to inflict more scars onto the hearts and minds of those that Love Renee.

http://www.kmbc.com/2009/0106/18424655_240X180.jpg

Snipped - why haven't they looked in these woods ? dug up these woods ?

Luzianne
01-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi yeah I know she isnt , have you looked at the fb pic ? do u think its him ?

No, I didn't think it really looked like him.

Luzianne
01-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Snipped - why haven't they looked in these woods ? dug up these woods ?

They have searched there. They did a grid search of that area with 100 police and volunteers searching.

SuziQ
01-27-2009, 08:39 PM
So she isn't a suspect

So She has two daughters - hmm wonder if that child is hers ? and that is him ?

What do you think Suzi do you still think its him ?

Also I read somewhere - will have to look that he was married to his first wife

It's hard to tell with the baseball cap in the FB pic. But I do think the resemblence is close.

Now if their relationship is something innocent, why won't she just say so?

SeriouslySearching
01-28-2009, 02:06 AM
The story from the neighbor is odd. If you heard someone digging out in a wooded area where you know people are not out planting something...why wouldn't you call LE to check it out? Why wait until you hear your neighbor is missing instead?

If it made the neighbor so uncomfortable as she stated, it makes no sense. People do not normally go into the woods to dig or bury things unless they are up to no good or they are illegally on the land to bury an animal. Either way...it would be a police matter, imo.

Glitterflits
01-28-2009, 03:08 AM
I heard in one report that police are asking for information not only to connect her (the teacher) to the truck, but also to find out if she was seen in the Gladstone Blvd. area the morning the truck was caught on tape. Tonight the local news reported that they have had more than 70 new tips come in since releasing her photo and the photo of the truck. Hopefully, they will be helpful in finding Renee and leading to an arrest.

JaneInOz
01-28-2009, 03:29 AM
Hasnt she been cleared now

capoly
01-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Woman In Pernice Case Image Identified

http://www.kctv5.com/video/18569733/index.html

Not sure if this is posted already.

SuziQ
01-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Hasnt she been cleared now

According to her lawyer, she's not a suspect. And she might not directly be involved but know something. She should talk to LE.