PDA

View Full Version : MO MO - Renee Pernice: Mom of 3, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - Part #2

Pages : [1] 2

cmofames
01-05-2009, 02:46 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,476028,00.html

The Kansas City Star reports that Renee Pernice was last seen by her husband Friday morning, police said. They said there's no evidence of foul play. The couple has three children.

chicoliving
01-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Discussion thread here (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77529&highlight=Renee+Pernice) in the missing/located discussion forum.

Just a reminder that this thread is for info and support only.

christine2448
02-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Please continue here.

Suzan
02-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Oh the thread was moved to here.. seems we lose posters when the threads move.. interesting.

Glitterflits
02-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Oh no, I hope we don't lose anyone!! We need to keep the discussion going to help find Renee and keep interest in her case. Is there a way to post a link to the original thread here so it is easier to access for reference and for new people joining to read what has already been posted before?

Glitterflits
02-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Pernice Case Now Death Investigation
Prosecutor Says Foul Play Involved In Renee Pernice's Disappearance

POSTED: 11:22 am CST February 5, 2009

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The case of missing mother Renee Pernice is now a death investigation, according to the Clay County prosecutor.

Pernice, 35, was last seen on Jan. 2.

"Based on the weight of existing evidence, the absence of Renee trying to contact family members and the amount of time that has passed since she disappeared, I consider Renee Pernice's case as a death investigation," prosecutor Daniel White said in a news release on Thursday. "We believe foul play is involved."

Here is the link to the full story:
http://www.kmbc.com/news/18648711/detail.html

SeriouslySearching
02-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Oh no, I hope we don't lose anyone!! We need to keep the discussion going to help find Renee and keep interest in her case. Is there a way to post a link to the original thread here so it is easier to access for reference and for new people joining to read what has already been posted before?If you just look at the bottom of the page, you will find the past threads plus Star Boomer's thread. ;)

We aren't going to lose anyone. They didn't stop posting because the thread moved...they are probably busy as it is a weekend and there is no real news coming out right now.

Glitterflits
02-08-2009, 04:12 PM
If you just look at the bottom of the page, you will find the past threads plus Star Boomer's thread. ;)

We aren't going to lose anyone. They didn't stop posting because the thread moved...they are probably busy as it is a weekend and there is no real news coming out right now.

Thank you for that information! :waitasec: I should have noticed that!

SeriouslySearching
02-08-2009, 04:25 PM
LOL It is a relatively new feature on here. I didn't realize it for awhile myself. ;)

fabvab
02-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Oh no, I hope we don't lose anyone!! We need to keep the discussion going to help find Renee and keep interest in her case. Is there a way to post a link to the original thread here so it is easier to access for reference and for new people joining to read what has already been posted before?
I still come here each day and read and also hope to find new info/updates to this story. I haven't posted since it seems not much has been happening that is public info. Hopefully, the police know a lot more and are just waiting for Shon to make a mistake so they can arrest him. I am sure others are like me too in not really posting if nothing is happening.

JaneInOz
02-08-2009, 11:00 PM
You know its the weirdest thing

I get google alerts for various news articles and so on

Today I got this

Google News Alert for: renee pernice
Police, volunteers search for missing Northland mother (http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/977974.html)
Kansas City Star - MO,USA
By GLENN E. RICE Dozens of volunteers, including Danny Russell, searched Monday for Renee Pernice. They searched an area bound by 68th Street to 60th Street ...
See all stories on this topic

But when I clicked in the link I got this

Unfortunately the page you requested isn't available. This could be the result of expired content, a broken link, an outdated bookmark or a mistyped address. Please use the links on this page or click here to visit our home page.
Any thoughts ?

Glitterflits
02-08-2009, 11:46 PM
JaneInOz, that is weird! I went to KansasCity.com and found the article in the archives. It was published 1/13/09. Strange that you would just now get the alert...I wish it had been current though. I would love to see another search for Renee happen.

INQUIRING MINDS
02-09-2009, 01:15 PM
http://www.marshallnews.com/story/1500201.html

White Womans body found in Missouri River on Saturday. NO ID yet.
This could very well be Renee.

SeriouslySearching
02-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Where the body was found is 117 miles/2 hours 7 mins by car from Independence, MO. If the body traveled by river, is it possible to have gone that far? I don't know the calculations by river, but it would be much further.

Does he have ties to people in that area?

Another possibility is Kara Kopetesky from Belton, MO altho...this sounds as if this body was dumped recently and was found somewhat intact. They came back with information quickly as to this being a white female and called it a body not skeletal remains.

nursebeeme
02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Where the body was found is 117 miles/2 hours 7 mins by car from Independence, MO. If the body traveled by river, is it possible to have gone that far? I don't know the calculations by river, but it would be much further.

Does he have ties to people in that area? SS: did some research on the river
~snip~The Missouri river flows between 3 and 7 mph, he says. While faster than most Ozark streams, which run just 2-3 mph, the current is hardly raging~snip~

http://www.ruralmissouri.org/04pages/04AugMuddy.html

Taking that a little bit further, if we calculate how many days she has been gone (around 38) times 24 hours...that is a total of 912 hours... and the river moves 3-7 miles per hour (much slower while she has been gone because we have had a lot of really cold weather since early January and the river was even iced over in some places). I do not know how to figure her weight into the equation..

INQUIRING MINDS
02-09-2009, 02:10 PM

Using the scale of miles for the river. This was less than 125 miles away from Independence. So the probability of it being her is high.

SeriouslySearching
02-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Of course, he could have traveled to an area much closer to where the body was found to dump it in the river, too. It isn't that far.

Thanks for the information, NeeBee!~

dsntslp
02-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Dana Bruce is also missing from that area.

dsntslp
02-09-2009, 02:36 PM
http://www.finddanabruce.com/Home_Page.php

Luzianne
02-09-2009, 02:46 PM
But isn't Marshall north of Kansas City? So wouldn't that be upstream rather than downstream from Kansas City? I really don't know which it would be. But like someone said, it's notthat far and he definitely could have dumped her somewhere else. I've wondered by the large gap of time since the phone was found at 12:01 a.m. on the 3rd and he was in the Hazmat unit at 4:26 a.m. on the 3rd. Obviously the phone was dumped before midnight, so where was he between when the phone was dumped and when he showed up at the Hazmat unit. Maybe he went on a road trip to dump the body.

EDIT - well I just found something on the internet that says the Missouri River flows east from Kansas City to St. Louis. So it does make sense that a body dumped in KC would go that direction.

SuziQ
02-09-2009, 02:51 PM
http://www.finddanabruce.com/Home_Page.php

Thanks! FWIW, here is a link to Dana's case. I'm going to post the UID info over there also.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73319&highlight=dana+bruce

SeriouslySearching
02-09-2009, 03:10 PM
There have been a few bodies found in that river. I recall a couple after Kara went missing. Scary.

Glitterflits
02-09-2009, 04:24 PM
There have been a few bodies found in that river. I recall a couple after Kara went missing. Scary.

Yes, the Missouri River has been a notorious dumping ground throughout the history of Kansas City. During the years that Organized Crime was big here, bodies were found along it all the time. I think that is why so many of us believe Renee could have been dumped in the river. We have heard about it happening many times. It is a treacherous river is some parts. It has a lot of undertows which could easily conceal a body (rather than the body floating and being visible) and transport it faster. A body dumped in the right area could be concealed for quite awhile and travel a good distance before being found. Hopefully an ID will be made soon.

Piglitsmum
02-09-2009, 04:42 PM
http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=256991

Speculation here that it may have been 57 year old Lana Sandweiss of Liberty, Missouri. "Sandweiss went missing on November 26th 2008. Authorities believe she jumped off of the Highway 13 bridge near Lexington.

The Water Patrol reports that officers found Sandweiss' car running on the bridge with a suicide note inside".

I'm a long way away across the Atlantic, and I'm guessing this is a pretty big river - so if this is incorrect, I am very sorry...

Still thinking of Renee and her children every day...

dsntslp
02-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Thankyou piglitsmum

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=256991

UPDTATE: 7:30 p.m. Sunday

Authorities will begin comparing the victim's teeth with dental records of all missing white females from mid-Missouri Monday, according to Saline County Sheriff Wally George.

The woman's body was spotted by a commercial fisherman just before 2 p.m. Saturday floating near "Stump Island" on the Missouri River.

It's still unknown how long the body had been in the river or if authorities suspect foul play.

Original Story

A woman's body was found floating in the Missouri River in Howard County, shortly before 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Water Patrol officials have confirmed.

A passerby initially spotted the woman's body floating near Saline County and called for help, officials say. Right now the body is at the medical examiner's office.

At this it's not known who the woman was, or how long she had been in the river.

Missouri Water Patrol officials have directed all questions to the Saline County Sheriff's Department - but all they would confirm is that the body was that of an adult white female.

SeriouslySearching
02-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Hmmm...a woman that jumped off a bridge could easily be the Jane Doe they have found. (Altho I haven't looked to see where Lexington is yet.) I guess we will have to wait a few more days to find out.

Glitterflits
02-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Lexington, Missouri is about 40 miles northeast of Kansas City.

SeriouslySearching
02-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Floating is a clue. Hmmmm...if she were wearing clothing...they would already have a very good idea of her identiy right now.

Glitterflits
02-09-2009, 10:47 PM
According to KMBC Channel 9 news, the woman found in the river has been identified as Lana C. Sandweiss, 56, of Liberty, Mo

Here is the link to the article:
http://www.kmbc.com/news/18671337/detail.html

SeriouslySearching
02-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Well...one mystery solved. Thanks, Glitter. RIP Lana Sandweiss.

Luzianne
02-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Well, Renee isn't from mid Missouri, she's from western Missouri, so I wonder if they already knew it wasn't her? I was hoping it was Renee so at least her body would be found. I hope it is found while there's still a chance of determining a cause of death. The temperatures have been mostly below freezing since she disappeared until recently, and we've had several days of temperatures in the 60s lately, and today will be anothe warm day.

JusticeRules
02-13-2009, 08:08 AM
I just recently got interested in this case. I've reviewed the news reports and videos. The truck (or maybe another vehicle) may be the clue to breaking this case. We need to spread the word that if there is anyone out there that lent a vehicle to Shon - or knows of someone who lent a vehicle to Shon - the information would be valuable to turn into the TIPS hotline (816-474-TIPS). There might be some money in it for them what with the huge reward that's being offered. I know Shon Pernice has not been named a suspect, but he sure has done suspicious things. IMO

SuziQ
02-14-2009, 06:51 AM
Welcome to WS JusticeRules!

Glitterflits
02-14-2009, 03:23 PM
:Welcome-12-june: JusticeRules!

I agree completely! I wish there was more news coverage on Renee. Even it if was just to keep here case fresh in people's minds. Maybe then someone would come forward. And to keep pressure on WHO is responsible for her death. I wish there was new information...

treeseeker
02-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Updating news source link for anyone interested. Local news has been quiet lately.

JusticeRules
02-14-2009, 06:25 PM
:Welcome-12-june: JusticeRules!

I agree completely! I wish there was more news coverage on Renee. Even it if was just to keep here case fresh in people's minds. Maybe then someone would come forward. And to keep pressure on WHO is responsible for her death. I wish there was new information...

Thank you for the welcome. I agree that it is frustrating to go so long without any news coverage. I hope LE is making sure they have all their ducks in a row before they make an arrest.

JusticeRules
02-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Updating news source link for anyone interested. Local news has been quiet lately.

I'm wondering if Shon was punished for sneaking into the Hazmat station. News articles said he was on vacation and then back to work. If I were a taxpayer in that area I would be asking about this. After all, he may have stolen taxpayer property while there. Most places of business fire people who sneak into their buildings with no reason to be there. What reason did he give them for being there? Don't they keep inventories on taxpayer property? IMO

Glitterflits
02-15-2009, 01:31 AM
I'm wondering if Shon was punished for sneaking into the Hazmat station. News articles said he was on vacation and then back to work. If I were a taxpayer in that area I would be asking about this. After all, he may have stolen taxpayer property while there. Most places of business fire people who sneak into their buildings with no reason to be there. What reason did he give them for being there? Don't they keep inventories on taxpayer property? IMO

Very interesting points! I don't know if there are any regulations about which firestations the firefighters can or cannot enter. Since his key card worked at the other station, it leads me to think he would be allowed to gain access at other firestations. Otherwise, I think the card probably would not have worked to let him in. However, if he took anything from the station I would definitely think that would be a violation, if not a crime. I just wonder what type of surveillance the firestation has inside and out. I would think that he would have been caught on tape at some point during the early morning visit.

I really believe that LE has a lot more information that we have not heard about. I just wonder why they are sitting on it. And why they are not appealling to the public for more help or information. I am so concerned that this case will just fade away and we will not hear anymore. I hope for the family's, especially the children's, sake there is a resolution soon.

NRN
02-15-2009, 03:57 AM
Hi JusticeRules ! WIth all the heme +/ luminol + evidence removed from the house, and the confirmation that this is a homicide investigation, I don't understand why an arrest hasn't been made. Her parents & sister must be going thru hell.

JusticeRules
02-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Hi JusticeRules ! WIth all the heme +/ luminol + evidence removed from the house, and the confirmation that this is a homicide investigation, I don't understand why an arrest hasn't been made. Her parents & sister must be going thru hell.

Hi NRN! Maybe it is taking a long time to test everything they took from the home. The number of items was huge. I would think they have lots of different case evidence in the lab at any one time. There seems to be a rash of crimes so far this year. IMO

Glitterflits
02-15-2009, 07:05 PM

ITA! I'm beginning to think that with Shon being linked to Star Boomer's case, there is more involved here. Maybe even more people involved. Obviously, there were witnesses in Star's case that are afraid to talk. While I believe that Shon is responsible for Renee's death, I am just wondering if someone connected to Star's case didn't help Shon dispose of Renee's body. Maybe LE is trying to make that connection.

Having lived in KC all my life and remembering how Organized Crime ran this town until the 1980's, Star's case resembles the way that witnesses never came forward back then. We have MANY unsolved disappearance and murder cases from that time. I have heard that Shon bragged about being connected to the "Mob", but how true those claims are is unknown. I do know that where Renee's phone was found has always been an area where these families lived. I do sincerely hope that this element is not involved because that would mean there would be a good possibility that neither case would ever be solved.

It took many years, informants, and undercover officers to bring down the Civella family in the '80's. While I do not believe that the "Mob" operates as it did back then, there are certain "families" in the area that have been involved in suspicious activity. Rumor has it that the younger generation is more "wanna bes" rather than actually organized. But they are supposedly still ruthless and connected. Since Nick Civella was put in jail and has since died, there have been no reports of a "godfather" in town. Illegal activity associated with Organized Crime has not appeared to be happening since then, but like I said the families associated with the Civellas are still living here.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid....:couch:

If you would like to read more about the history of Organized Crime in Kansas City here is a good link:
http://www.americanmafia.com/Cities/Kansas_City.html

Anyway...whatever the circumstances I think we should continue to bring attention to these two women and their cases! Any suggestions on how to prompt the media to continue to cover them?

Just my opinion....

NRN
02-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanx Glitterflits, VERY interesting info re KC Mafia. I remember visiting friends in Overland Park in the 80's, went into KC for something, & seeing areas of city boarded up & looking like they had been bombed - now I know why!

My tiny contribution to keeping Renee's case "out there" is typing it into search box on Fox News website from time to time, so the story is still getting some "hits". I also mention it to friends, especially nurses, living here in Nebraska as we are not far away.

Frustrating because I was so sure that LE knew more than they were revealing & that an arrest would be coming fairly quickly. A month & a half and NOTHING.

OT I've been spending Waaay too much time over on Haleigh Cummings thread -

Glitterflits
02-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Good idea NRN about searching the FOX news website with Renee's name. I've been thinking about calling the local news stations and asking when they would be giving any updates just to let them know there are people out here who care and want to see Renee found and justice served for her. I've emailed the NC show several times when new information has been given, but they haven't aired anything. I was hoping she would look into all the evidence that LE got from the house (sigh). I guess I'll just keep emailing...maybe eventually they will pick up her story again.

OT: Me, too. I've been watching the Haleigh threads, but they are going way too fast for me!

Luzianne
02-18-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm pretty sure Shon's connections to the mafia are a figment of his imagination. His paternal grandparents lived on the same street as "Willie the Rat" Cammisano when Shon was a preteen and probably all of Shon's growing up years/young adulthood at the very least. Shon is known for his tall tales and I'm sure he was probably fascinated by stories about Willie the Rat and decided it would be cool to say he was affiliated with the mob. All in his head.

JusticeRules
02-19-2009, 02:24 AM
http://www.kmbc.com/news/18746446/detail.html

What a slug!

sohcnum
02-19-2009, 03:35 AM

What a slug!
make sure to click on
Video: Shon Pernice Posts Online Dating Profile

Glitterflits
02-19-2009, 04:07 AM
Absolutely unbelieveable...This guy is disgusting!!!!

JaneInOz
02-19-2009, 04:53 AM

What a slug!

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

:furious:

Hey Shon I hope you read this - you are POS. And no woman worth her life would date you.

Please PLEASE LE take the children

This man is not grieving for their mother , but they are and the last thing they need is a new woman, for him to desert them for

JusticeRules
02-19-2009, 09:49 AM
I can see on the video that he says he has a "graduate degree". What a liar! From what I have read he barely got out of high school. Renee was the one with a Master's degree. He just keeps piling it on! IMO

goose13
02-19-2009, 10:55 AM
I saw the news clip on KMBC. I served with Shon while he was in the Navy. He is trash. Has anyone heard if the lab results are back? Also, I would not be surprised if Shon has been reading this website. He is sick like that. He needs to be arrested so bad.

JusticeRules
02-19-2009, 11:30 AM
I saw the news clip on KMBC. I served with Shon while he was in the Navy. He is trash. Has anyone heard if the lab results are back? Also, I would not be surprised if Shon has been reading this website. He is sick like that. He needs to be arrested so bad.

Can you say what years you served with him in the Navy? I thought he was in the Army?

NRN
02-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi Luzianne, you must be in the KC area -? I had read elsewhere that Shon liked to brag & exaggerate or make stuff up. Someone commented on the TV interview of Shon & Renee from last year where Shon talked about how the fireworks July 4 made him jumpy cuz it reminded him of the shelling in Iraq (something along those lines) and the person who was posting said there was no shelling like that where Shon was stationed & that he was making that part up. Another poster said Shon had been in a bar when the disappearance was first being televised and was making a big deal about "That's my house on TV!" and so on, like he was enjoying the attention. If he's guilty, I hope that loose lips sink his ship -

goose13
02-19-2009, 01:20 PM
I served with Shon back in the early 90's. He left our unit after people found things missing. He stole a paycheck from a unit member. He also stole two military ID's. One, which I think could be mine, which he stole when we were deployed to Kuwait. They found two military ID's in his house.

Sunshinemom
02-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Has anyone positively ID'd the missing white truck, make, model number? I printed several copies of the poor photo released and will head to the car dealers to try to get it identified. Since we had not heard any update on the car until yesterday's statement they're still looking for it, I figured the police had received the requested information. Apparently not.

JusticeRules
02-19-2009, 04:29 PM
I served with Shon back in the early 90's. He left our unit after people found things missing. He stole a paycheck from a unit member. He also stole two military ID's. One, which I think could be mine, which he stole when we were deployed to Kuwait. They found two military ID's in his house.

Thank you for the response. When they refer to the Army they must mean the Army Reserves. Did he get in trouble with the Navy for his stealing?

JusticeRules
02-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Has anyone positively ID'd the missing white truck, make, model number? I printed several copies of the poor photo released and will head to the car dealers to try to get it identified. Since we had not heard any update on the car until yesterday's statement they're still looking for it, I figured the police had received the requested information. Apparently not.

I have heard the truck might be a Nissan Frontier or a Chevy Avalanche. Let us know what you find out.

goose13
02-19-2009, 05:43 PM
He was investigated by the KCMO police about the stolen paycheck. They had video of the place it was taken to get cashed, but could not get a 100% ID of him. He left the unit about 2 months after it happened. We let him know that we knew he was the one stealing, and he left. We could never have anything concrete to prove it was him to charge him. He stole from me and the fellow unit member. We were both he closest friends in the unit. That is the type of person he is, as you can tell. He came to my wedding with Greta, the mother of his oldest child. He is pure evil, and in time he will get his. He loves all of the attention. He always wanted to be the center of attention. He will make mistakes, and then he will get arrested.

Glitterflits
02-19-2009, 07:01 PM
He will make mistakes, and then he will get arrested.

(snipped by me)

I hope you are right...the sooner the better.

JusticeRules
02-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Goose13 - What a story! They seem to be endless with this guy. Greta is the lucky one - she got away!

RN/PI-2B
02-20-2009, 05:24 AM
Just a thought I wonder if any searches have been done in the Independence area for Renee. Considering he made a 4:30 in the morning trip the the Independence Hazmat station. I wonder if surveillance video was able to capture what direction he went when leaving there.

NRN
02-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Just a thought I wonder if any searches have been done in the Independence area for Renee. Considering he made a 4:30 in the morning trip the the Independence Hazmat station. I wonder if surveillance video was able to capture what direction he went when leaving there.

Welcome RN/PI-2B! That is a very astute question. I wonder if it has been determined what he was driving that early morning. Renee's cell phone had been found earlier, around midnight. ( Does anybody know what time the surveillance pic of the white truck was taken?) If it was known he was driving the family van to the hazmat station, it would narrow the window of time during which the white truck was obtained (assuming Shon was in the truck).

Glitterflits
02-21-2009, 03:47 AM
Another article about Shon posting on the dating website. This time in the Kansas City Star.
http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/1045944.html
On the website, he says that he is divorced with two boys. No mention of his daughter or his missing deceased wife. Oh, I guess the wife part would blow the whole divorced story. He should have just said looking for my next victim instead of "life" partner.

At least her case is back in the news, even if it is a result of her husband's disgusting behavior. He just keeps incriminating himself. It seems like there should be enough evidence to name him as a person of interest at least. I wish we knew the results of the evidence testing.

I also wish someone would come forward with information on the white truck. That seems to be a missing link in the investigation. According to KMBC 9 news, the truck was spotted on January 2nd in the early daylight hours. Here is the video link: http://www.kmbc.com/video/18557096/index.html
This would have been the morning before he visited the HazMat station. He visited the HazMat station around 4:30am on the morning of January 3rd.

It would definitely be nice to know which direction he was travelling when he left the HazMat station. I have not heard of any searches in the Independence area, but I think that it would be a great idea to do some there.

Luzianne
02-21-2009, 12:57 PM
I also wish someone would come forward with information on the white truck. That seems to be a missing link in the investigation. According to KMBC 9 news, the truck was spotted on January 2nd in the early daylight hours. Here is the video link: http://www.kmbc.com/video/18557096/index.html
This would have been the morning before he visited the HazMat station. He visited the HazMat station around 4:30am on the morning of January 3rd.

It would definitely be nice to know which direction he was travelling when he left the HazMat station. I have not heard of any searches in the Independence area, but I think that it would be a great idea to do some there.

Jan 2nd in the early daylight hours would have been during the "quiet night alone" that Shon said he wanted to spend with Renee while the kids were spending the night next door. I definitely think he killed her while the kids were next door or he strangled her or something in the bedroom while the kids were there and THEN took the kids next door so he could dispose of the body.

Interesting that the cut up credit card in Shon's name was found in the trash can in the bedroom. I saw someone else comment somewhere, and I had the same thought when I read the police reports, that maybe Renee had cut up a credit card in Shon's name, and that started a fight where he ended up killing her.

NRN
02-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Another article about Shon posting on the dating website. This time in the Kansas City Star.
On the website, he says that he is divorced with two boys. No mention of his daughter or his missing deceased wife. Oh, I guess the wife part would blow the whole divorced story. He should have just said looking for my next victim instead of "life" partner.

At least her case is back in the news, even if it is a result of her husband's disgusting behavior. He just keeps incriminating himself. It seems like there should be enough evidence to name him as a person of interest at least. I wish we knew the results of the evidence testing.

Thanx, Glitterflits, for correcting the dates !

I wonder how far LE has been able to connect the dots - obviously not all the way, but how far do they get before it's too much of a stretch to the next piece of evidence? What do they still need, short of finding the body?

NRN
02-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Jan 2nd in the early daylight hours would have been during the "quiet night alone" that Shon said he wanted to spend with Renee while the kids were spending the night next door. I definitely think he killed her while the kids were next door or he strangled her or something in the bedroom while the kids were there and THEN took the kids next door so he could dispose of the body.

Interesting that the cut up credit card in Shon's name was found in the trash can in the bedroom. I saw someone else comment somewhere, and I had the same thought when I read the police reports, that maybe Renee had cut up a credit card in Shon's name, and that started a fight where he ended up killing her.

I pictured it like he took the kids next door because he was going to make a last ditch effort to get her to change her mind about the divorce. Something like having the credit card cut up could sure have triggered a rage. (I'm picturing death by bullet, just because he had a lot of guns & I would expect he would use that route). Or, was it premeditated, in that if she didn't change her mind, that was it? Or maybe the decision was already made & she was doomed no matter what. JMO

JusticeRules
02-21-2009, 02:17 PM
I pictured it like he took the kids next door because he was going to make a last ditch effort to get her to change her mind about the divorce. Something like having the credit card cut up could sure have triggered a rage. (I'm picturing death by bullet, just because he had a lot of guns & I would expect he would use that route). Or, was it premeditated, in that if she didn't change her mind, that was it? Or maybe the decision was already made & she was doomed no matter what. JMO

It makes the most sense to me that he took the boys next door because he planned to murder her that night and hide her body. He knew he was suppose to leave the next day around noon to go to Reserves training for over two weeks and wasn't suppose to come back to live at the house. It was his last best opportunity. He probably didn't go to Reserves training because he hadn't cleaned up after himself well enough. So he went to the Hazmat Station the next night leaving all three children home alone and checked out what chemicals he could use to clean the place up. IMO

JaneInOz
02-21-2009, 07:40 PM

I agree Surely now they can get something to have the children in Temp Care with the G/parents - surely his Intentions have been made loud and clear ?

JusticeRules
02-22-2009, 04:01 PM
I just read a bunch of stories about Shon Pernice on the blog http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com (Missing Renee Pernice thread). One says he stole a gun from a neighbor, one said he told the mother of this daughter that he hit a camel while on a tour and wanted $5,000 to pay for it, but that he really wanted gambling money, on and on. I don't know if they are true, but they sure are interesting. IMO

Glitterflits
02-24-2009, 02:05 AM
Here is everything we know up to now in chronological order. I thought it might help if we had it all in one place. If anyone can think of anything I have missed please add it.

1. Renee was in the process of divorcing Shon.
2. Shon was to leave for the Reserves Friday, January 2nd and be gone for about three weeks. Renee went missing January 1st or was that the 2nd? Seems Shon can’t really remember, but was the last one to see her.
3. Renee’s father spoke to her about 7:00pm on January 1st. She said she was looking forward to spending the weekend with her children.
4. Shon did not report her missing, her family did after Renee’s sister could not get a hold of her and Shon said he hadn’t seen her since January 1st. He later told police, when questioned, that he had not seen her since January 2nd.
5. The boys spent the night of January 1st at a neighbor/friend’s house. Does anyone know what time Shon took them to the neighbor’s house?
6. Renee’s car was left at the house along with her purse, nursing ID, coat, and personal items.
7. On January 2nd, in the early daylight hours, a surveilance camera on a church in the vicinity of Gladstone Boulevard from St. John to Seventh or Eighth Street shows the white truck that police think is important to the investigation.
8. On January 2nd, about 12:00pm, Shon picked up his daughter from her mother’s house and took her back to his residence
9. On January 2nd, Shon’s own daughter did not feel comfortable staying with him at the house without Renee and emailed her mother about 9:30pm to ask her to come pick her up.
10. Shon entered a HazMat fire station around 4:30am on January 3rd that he was not assigned to through the backdoor.
11. Shon’s daughter’s mother picked her up the morning of January 3rd, shortening her visit with Shon, She noticed that Renee’s car was parked out front. She said this was unusual as it was usually parked in the garage.
12. Someone found Renee’s cell phone and called numbers on it, reaching her sister on January 3rd. The caller told Renee’s sister that he found the cell phone in the grass around Independence Ave. and Gladstone Blvd. The police picked up the phone from the caller where said he was calling from at 6th Street and Gladstone.
13. On January 5th, Police find documents, at Renee’s work, from several law forms detailing the divorce. They also find a picture of Shon and one of the children with an unknown woman.
14. Shon drove to a nearby park and released Renee’s dog and drove off on January 6th.
15. Evidence reports show 36 items of luminol/hem (blood) positive evidence were taken from the house along with a latex glove found in a coat pocket with stains and hair on it.
16. A fake Navy Seal ID with Shon’s name on it was taken from the house along with two other military IDs not belonging to Shon. i.e. Shows his character…
17. On January 24th, police released a picture of the white truck and a picture of a woman. They said they knew her identity, but wanted to know if she has any connection to the truck. She was later identified as Kelli Sharp, a school teacher from Overland Park, Kansas who teaches at John F. Kennedy Elementary School in Kansas City, Kansas. She was not the unidentified woman in the photograph found at Renee’s work.
18. On January 28th Kelli Sharp, accompanied by her attorney, was interviewed by police.
19. Based on evidence Renee’s case is officially changed from missing person to death investigation on February 5th.
20. On February 18th, it is discovered that Shon has posted on a dating website looking for a “life” partner. In it he says that he is divorced which is not true.

In addition, it should be noted that Shon has not participated in searching for Renee. He will only speak through his lawyer and has made no pleas for help in finding his wife.

susan1215
02-25-2009, 01:52 PM
http://www.kmbc.com/news/18792990/detail.html?treets=kc1&tml=kc1_break&ts=T&tmi=kc1_break_1_11350102252009

Shon arrested for trying to steal a gun. Also his dating profile was on dating website where he said he was divorced and had 2 children (he has 3). It was taken down after the Star reported it.

NRN
02-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Shon arrested for stealing a handgun?! Oh, please, let there be a break in this case, let Renee be found, and let her killer be convicted of the crime!! Praying for a fellow nurse and her grieving family -

sohcnum
02-25-2009, 04:07 PM
had to come online and check.. the news crew was just here knocking on doors in neighborhood asking asking reaction to him being arrested..

Glitterflits
02-25-2009, 05:50 PM
I hope and pray this is an opportunity for Renee's parents to get the children away from him.

goose13
02-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Let's hope this puts pressure on him. Hopefully this will have someone come forward to give some information to put him away for good. On the news it said that, if convicted, he could spend 7 years in prison. Let's hope someone can come forward to make it the rest of his life.

goose13
02-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Here is the link to the probable cause statement on the stolen firearm.

http://www.kctv5.com/download/2009/0225/18794184.pdf

NRN
02-25-2009, 10:32 PM
I hope and pray this is an opportunity for Renee's parents to get the children away from him.

Amen to that! Glitterflits, would you insert the dates from the probable cause statement into your timeline? I take it the Mendez' are NOT the neighbors the boys spent the night with - ?

SuziQ
02-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Why am I thinking that Shon needed the gun for some nefarious reason since his own had been taken long ago. Maybe he originally intended to secretly return it after using it which is why the alarm sensor was tampered with. What I can't figure out is why he returned it right to the owner at all. Anybody come up missing or found dead from a gunshot wound on 1-31 or 2-1? Maybe Shon needed to elimnate a witness...or two.

ETA: I see now what went down. Still wonder what he needed that gun for. I believe he intended to put the gun back which is why the alarm was tampered with. Notice that the weapon had been fired.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/18792990/detail.html?treets=kc1&tml=kc1_break&ts=T&tmi=kc1_break_1_11350102252009

(snip)
"He told him, 'I know that you took my handgun.' He said, 'No, I didn't.' He said, 'Yeah, you did.' And he had gone up there to try and get it back, but (Pernice) wouldn't answer the door," Bringus said.

The couple filed a police report.

On Feb. 1, the woman told detectives that Pernice knocked on her front door. She said Pernice pulled the pistol from a pocket in his sweatshirt and gave her the gun, apologizing for taking it.

The owner of the gun told KMBC that when he got it back, the weapon had been fired.

Glitterflits
02-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Thank you goose13 for that link. Yes, NRN I will add them and post asap.

My question is why did he disable the alarm system? Was he planning on returning? If so, for what? To steal another gun or to do someone harm? If something happened to another woman in the neighborhood, maybe he thought people would think there was another person involved with Renee's case. By the timeline of events, it appears that the wife was home alone in the evening to early morning hours when her husband was at work. I'm glad she reported it to police, she could possibly have saved her or another person's life.

Glitterflits
02-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Hey SuziQ we must have been posting our alarm theories at the same time LOL! It could possibly be that he was planning on returning the gun.

Glitterflits
02-26-2009, 12:47 AM
O.K. Here is the updated timeline of facts. I didn't know how to update the previous one so I am reposting with the new info.

1. Renee was in the process of divorcing Shon.
2. Shon was to leave for the Reserves Friday, January 2nd and be gone for about three weeks. Renee went missing January 1st or was that the 2nd? Seems Shon can’t really remember, but was the last one to see her.
3. Renee’s father spoke to her about 7:00pm on January 1st. She said she was looking forward to spending the weekend with her children.
4. Shon did not report her missing, her family did after Renee’s sister could not get a hold of her and Shon said he hadn’t seen her since January 1st. He later told police, when questioned, that he had not seen her since January 2nd.
5. The boys spent the night of January 1st at a neighbor/friend’s house. Does anyone know what time Shon took them to the neighbor’s house?
6. Renee’s car was left at the house along with her purse, nursing ID, coat, and personal items.
7. On January 2nd, in the early daylight hours, a surveillance camera on a church in the vicinity of Gladstone Boulevard from St. John to Seventh or Eighth Street shows the white truck that police think is important to the investigation.
8. On January 2nd, about 12:00pm, Shon picked up his daughter from her mother’s house and took her back to his residence
9. On January 2nd, Shon’s own daughter did not feel comfortable staying with him at the house without Renee and emailed her mother about 9:30pm to ask her to come pick her up.
10. Shon entered a HazMat fire station around 4:30am on January 3rd that he was not assigned to through the backdoor.
11. Shon’s daughter’s mother picked her up the morning of January 3rd, shortening her visit with Shon. She noticed that Renee’s car was parked out front. She said this was unusual as it was usually parked in the garage.
12. Someone found Renee’s cell phone and called numbers on it, reaching her sister on January 3rd. The caller told Renee’s sister that he found the cell phone in the grass around Independence Ave. and Gladstone Blvd. The police picked up the phone from the caller where said he was calling from at 6th Street and Gladstone.
13. On January 5th, Police find documents, at Renee’s work, from several law forms detailing the divorce. They also find a picture of Shon and one of the children with an unknown woman.
14. Shon drove to a nearby park and released Renee’s dog and drove off on January 6th.
15. Evidence reports show 36 items of luminol/hem (blood) positive evidence were taken from the house along with a latex glove found in a coat pocket with stains and hair on it.
16. A fake Navy Seal ID with Shon’s name on it was taken from the house along with two other military IDs not belonging to Shon. i.e. Shows his character…
17. On January 24th, police released a picture of the white truck and a picture of a woman. They said they knew her identity, but wanted to know if she has any connection to the truck. She was later identified as Kelli Sharp, a school teacher from Overland Park, Kansas who teaches at John F. Kennedy Elementary School in Kansas City, Kansas. She was not the unidentified woman in the photograph found at Renee’s work.
18. On January 28th Kelli Sharp, accompanied by her attorney, was interviewed by police.
19. On January 30th Shon was at a neighbor's house, the Mendez residence. He was alone in the basement for several minutes. After he left the residence, Mrs. Mendez attempted to set her alarm system and discovered the door to the basement had been tampered with.
20. About 3:00am on January 31st, Mr. Mendez arrived home from work. He walked into the basement and noticed that the alarm sensor of the door had been disabled. He also noticed that a .22 caliber Walther semi-automatic gun was missing. Mr. & Mrs. Mendez then made a police report.
21. On February 1st, Shon brought the .22 caliber Walther back to the Mendez home. He gave it to Mrs. Mendez and apologized for taking the gun. Mrs. Mendez took the gun and notified police. They told police that the gun had been fired while Shon had it.
22. Based on evidence Renee’s case is officially changed from missing person to death investigation on February 5th.
23. On February 18th, it is discovered that Shon has posted on a dating website looking for a “life” partner. In it he says that he is divorced which is not true. He also says he has two sons and does not mention a daughter.
24. Shon is arrested on February 25th for stealing a firearm from his neighbor.

In addition, it should be noted that Shon has not participated in searching for Renee. He will only speak through his lawyer and has made no pleas for help in finding his wife.

BOOMER*CHICK
02-26-2009, 01:15 AM
I am glad that they finally arrested shon wish that there were more answers
about renee ...hopefully soon - also wanted to add a link to a new time line and news story....

http://www.kctv5.com/news/18795440/detail.html:woohoo::woohoo:

SuziQ
02-26-2009, 04:10 AM
Hey SuziQ we must have been posting our alarm theories at the same time LOL! It could possibly be that he was planning on returning the gun.

Lol, great minds think alike and all that...

dsntslp
02-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Here is Boomer*Chicks link in a not so excited form, lol. (Love ya' Boomer!)

http://www.kctv5.com/news/18795440/detail.html

BOOMER*CHICK
02-26-2009, 11:40 AM
wanted to add another link to the story -

http://www.examiner.net/breaking/x1237123531/Shon-Pernice-arrested-in-gun-theft

thank you dnstslp for fixing the first link... I must have gotten a little excited with the icons lol .. sorry:)

dsntslp
02-26-2009, 04:10 PM
http://www.examiner.net/archive/x1237123531/Shon-Pernice-arrested-in-gun-theft

Shon Pernice arrested in Gun Theft

(((Boomer))) lol.

dimples37398
02-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Hmmm the reason for him needing/taking the gun and it being fired?

I haven't been following this case super close but, is there any way that he could have been holding Renee somewhere? Maybe he was going to frame someone that either visits the gun owners house, or someone who lives there?

Kel

Glitterflits
02-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Based on the evidence they have the prosecuting attorney has ruled Renee's case a death investigation , unfortunately I do not think it is probable that Shon is holding her somewhere.

I do question why he stole the neighbor's gun and tampered with their alarm and back door. Based on what we know, he stole the gun two days after Kelli Sharp talked with investigators. Since LE took all of his guns, I wonder if he might have used it to threaten her. Another possibility is that he had someone else in mind to harm. Possibly even the neighbor i.e. the back door and alarm tampered with for reentry. JMHO : )

Glitterflits
02-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Fron Missouri Courts CaseNet website: https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchCases.do?searchType=name

Here is the docket information for Shon's arrest:

02/25/2009 Docket Entry: Case Filed by Affidavit

Docket Entry: Bond Set

Docket Entry: Probable Cause Statement Filed

Docket Entry: Judge Assigned

Docket Entry: Warrant Issued
Text: Document ID: 09-CYARW-207, for PERNICE, SHON ANDREW;

Docket Entry: Warrant Served
Text: Document ID - 09-CYARW-207; Served To - PERNICE, SHON ANDREW; Server - ; Served Date - 25-FEB-09; Served Time - 00:00:00; Service Type - Sheriff Department; Reason Description - Served

02/25/2009 Docket Entry: Entry of Appearance Filed
Filing Party: VERNON , ERIC EUGENE

02/26/2009 Docket Entry: Motion for Bond Reduction

Docket Entry: Arraignment Held
Text: State appears by Prosecuting Attorney Dan White, defendant appears in person and by attorney Eric Vernon. Defendant arraigned. Defendant waives reading of information and enters a plea of not guilty.

Docket Entry: Bond Reduction Order
Text: Evidence heard on Motion to Reduce Bond. After presentation of evidence, bond is approved @ $25,000.00 @ 10%. Defendant will not be in possession of firearms while case is pending. DTN/ch
Filing Party: NORRIS , DONALD T.

Docket Entry: Hearing Scheduled
Associated Events: 03/31/2009 , 09:00:00 - Hearing

BOLD by me

Tonia
02-27-2009, 08:28 AM
Pernice out on bond

Arrested for allegedly stealing handgun

Shon Pernice, a medic with the Independence Fire Department, is out of a Clay County jail today after posting 10 percent of a $25,000 bond for allegedly stealing a neighbor’s handgun.
According to the Clay County Prosecutor’s office, Pernice pleaded not guilty Thursday morning to one count of stealing a firearm, a Class C felony. He made the plea during an arraignment in Clay County Circuit Court.

http://www.examiner.net/news/x844646820/Pernice-out-on-bond

Drivenon
02-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Does anyone know if this is the same neighbor where the kids stayed over New Years Eve-ish?

nursebeeme
02-27-2009, 01:49 PM
with the arsenal that this dude had it is amazing he would steal one from a neighbor! Did everyone read the LE docs/what was taken from the home? He could have supplied a small country with arms!

Praying for Renee! I cannot believe there has not been an arrest yet in this case!

sohcnum
02-27-2009, 05:32 PM
there are 3 police cars that are sitting in front on his house..

im praying they have something else on him and this time they will keep him

goose13
02-27-2009, 05:45 PM
there are 3 police cars that are sitting in front on his house..

im praying they have something else on him and this time they will keep him

Keep us informed. I know he was suppose to meet with the Fire Department about his job this afternoon. I wonder what happened with that.

NRN
02-27-2009, 10:29 PM
"Defendent will not be in possession of firearms while case is pending."

Ooh boy, bet everyone in the neighborhood feels a whole lot safer now. Surely he won't do anything he isn't supposed to do!

Fairy1
02-27-2009, 11:55 PM
I don't usually post on this case but GOOD LORD! This guy is a loose cannon. I pray they will be able to lock him up for good soon! Does anyone know where the kids are right now?

Glitterflits
02-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Last report the kids stayed with his mother at Renee's house while he was in jail. I suppose that they are still with him since he is out now.

Glitterflits
02-28-2009, 05:22 PM
There is a "Justice for Renee" MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/454366891

I do wonder who put this page up, as it is asking for donations associated with Renee's disappearance. I have called the local news media to check it out to see if it is authorized by Renee's family. FOX4 says that if it is they will put a link to it on their website.

RN/PI-2B
02-28-2009, 05:25 PM
I hope this website is legit and not shon or some other crazy person trying to make money off of this sad story.

JaneInOz
02-28-2009, 06:11 PM
RENEE'S FAMILY HAS ESTABLISHED A DONATION ACCOUNT TO HELP COVER COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH HER DISAPPEARANCE...

Hmm what family ? I hope it is hers

The person that set it up said they are married and a Taurus

I doubt it would be shon ? its not written in a favourable light to him

JaneInOz
02-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Its from her family

There is a photo and title comment from her sister under PICS

Glitterflits
02-28-2009, 07:29 PM
The person I talked to at KCTV5 advised noone to donate until it was found to be legit. She said they are in contact with the family all the time and the family has not informed them of any information regarding this site. I have contacted all local stations so that if it is legitimate they can promote it and if it is not, they can shut it down.

FWIW, anyone can pose as another person and post a comment. I'm not saying that it wasn't Renee's sister that posted the comment on the picture, but personally I need more proof to be sure. Hopefully, it is legit and this will help the family. I just think we need to wait to find out what the news media uncovers before we come to a definite conclusion.

sohcnum
03-02-2009, 05:15 PM
here is news report with several videos attached and news of the myspace acct
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-pernice-myspace-3209,0,2430508.story

Renee Pernice's mother told FOX 4 the family has set up a Myspace page filled with information about the case. www.myspace.com/454366891

Glitterflits
03-02-2009, 05:17 PM
The website is ligitimate! :woohoo:
Here is a link to the FOX4 story about it:

Here is the link to her myspace page:
www.myspace.com/454366891

JaneInOz
03-02-2009, 07:16 PM
The website is ligitimate! :woohoo:
Here is a link to the FOX4 story about it:

Here is the link to her myspace page:
www.myspace.com/454366891

:woohoo:

I just added the site to my friends !

Otise
03-03-2009, 12:54 PM
I am praying she is found soon. I can't believe her husband had the arrogance to go on a dating web site.

NRN
03-04-2009, 12:35 AM
I am praying she is found soon. I can't believe her husband had the arrogance to go on a dating web site.
Amen sister!:prayer:

Glitterflits
03-04-2009, 02:58 AM
From the Justice for Renee MySpace page:

LETTER WRITTING CAMPAIGN - 6 letters have been drafted; all you have to do is print, sign (or leave anonymous) and mail. Our goal is to increase awareness of the situation and let officials know we need answers. The public's voice needs to be heard and we need your help. Each letter has it's own link:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4617727/MO-National-Guard-Letter-022709
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4617703/Clay-Co-Administrator-Letter-022709
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4617708/Fire-Chief-Letter-022709
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4617711/Governor-Nixon-Letter-022709
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4617720/Indep-City-Manager-Letter-022709
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4617724/Jackson-Co-Administrator-Letter-022709

goose13
03-04-2009, 11:14 AM
This is a great Idea. As a military veteran, he should be charged for having two military ID's. That are not his. At least. He should also lose his job with the Fire Department. I read in the news last week that he was suppose to meet with the Fire Chief Last Friday about his job. I wonder what happen.

kcsleuth
03-06-2009, 02:12 AM
I've done a lot of sleuthing on this case, and Shon's activities have me quite concerned. It would appear as if he's slipped up on many occasions, yet he is still running around free. So many red flags, but no solid evidence to warrant a conviction.

I don't know if this has been covered somewhere here or on another site, but I had wondered about his account on the dating site and what his username would have been. Normally, I can take a username from someone's email address, and connect it with other activity online to learn more about a person when I am sleuthing.

Anyway, I took the screenshot from KMBC 9's story on the dating site, and in one frame it said "Contact ______________. Everything after "Contact" appeared to be blurred out intentionally, or it simply lost quality once the video was converted for YouTube. After spending what appeared to be an eternity with my photo editing program, I was able to discover what his username on the site was.

Someone else had passed along his myspace address that contained the numbers 159467237 on the end. I went to the myspace page, replaced the "159467237" with the username I decoded and it went to the same page, and apparently he had chosen this name for his myspace personal URL.

After connecting those dot's, I opened up google and discovered he has sold and currently has several items for sale on craigslist, as well as ad's that have expired on a firearms site where he was selling ammo, and another expired ad for a 9mm holster.

One of the expired craigslist ads that caught my attention real quick (and I cannot determine the date it expired) was a listing for a king size comforter, pillow cases etc.

I emailed him about one of the active ads that was listed on March 3, and he replied within a matter of 5 minutes signing his name on the bottom of the email "Shawn" instead of "Shon". His location is NKC and his email name that appeared when I added his contact information in my address book was:
First name: S
Last name: P

This information was passed on to the authorities and the media, and I'm keeping my eyes open to see if anything develops out of this.

While he is not committing a crime selling these items, or any items online, I would think the authorities would like to track a few of the items down that have been sold to analyze, and monitor the current ones.

NRN
03-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Wow kcsleuth!! Welcome, and keep up the impressive sleuthing!! Keeping LE informed is so important, & don't want SP getting tipped off too soon, still hoping he will mess up & step into a noose he made himself.

INQUIRING MINDS
03-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Excellent work KCSLEUTH!!! Glad to see someone putting forth the effort to actually sleuth. I see so many threads on WS that appear to be just gossip. Which dissapoints me greatly, because I believed that this sight was supposed to be intended to try to help resolve crimes. Keep up the good work.

Glitterflits
03-06-2009, 04:47 PM
kcsleuth, thank you for taking the time and using your knowledge of the internet to investigate Shon's activities. And thank you for posting the information you have uncovered.:blowkiss:
Obviously, he was trying to keep his activities a secret or he wouldn't have spelled his name differently. The more information LE has, the better the chance they will get the information they need to make an aresst.

SuziQ
03-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Excellent work KCSLEUTH!!! Glad to see someone putting forth the effort to actually sleuth. I see so many threads on WS that appear to be just gossip. Which dissapoints me greatly, because I believed that this sight was supposed to be intended to try to help resolve crimes. Keep up the good work.

Resolve and discuss crimes. What is someone's idea of gossip is some else's idea of an opinion. All opinions are welcome as long as they stay within the TOS. :)

SuziQ
03-06-2009, 08:54 PM
KCSLEUTH, Welcome to WS! You sure came in with a bang, glad to have you here!

Do you have the dates the other ads were listed? And what was LE's reaction upon informing them of this info? I understand if you can't tell us.

kcsleuth
03-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Nobody said I can't tell you, but I think it's best to leave it alone and let the authorities do their work.

The expired ad's don't contain dates, except the one where ammo was being sold, and it wasn't on craigslist.

I will at some point revisit this topic and post the details, but I'd prefer to wait for now.

SuziQ
03-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Nobody said I can't tell you, but I think it's best to leave it alone and let the authorities do their work.

The expired ad's don't contain dates, except the one where ammo was being sold, and it wasn't on craigslist.

I will at some point revisit this topic and post the details, but I'd prefer to wait for now.

I understand. And please do post updtates. Again, welcome to WS!

kcsleuth
03-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Source: http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/03/renee-pernice.html

Renee Pernice Case Update
March 09, 2009

Investigation Discovery recently brought you the story of Renee Pernice, a 35-year-old woman from Kansas City, Missouri, who went missing in January. Since that time, there have been some interesting develops in the case, including the recent arrest of Renee's husband, 37-year-old Shon Pernice, on an unrelated charge.

On Feb. 25, police arrested Pernice on one count of stealing a firearm. According to court records, Pernice was visiting neighbors on Jan. 30, when he entered their basement and stole a .22 caliber handgun. The theft was noticed the following day, at which time the neighbors confronted Pernice. Two days later, Pernice allegedly returned the gun and apologized for taking it.

Pernice remained in jail overnight, and was released on Feb. 26, after he posted a $25,000 bond. According to the Clay County Prosecutor’s office, Pernice entered a plea of not guilty at his arraignment. The charge is listed as a Class C felony. Pernice is expected to appear in court again on March 31. More...

(http://blogs.discovery.com/files/gunprobablecause.pdf)
Renee Pernice is described as white, 5 feet 9 inches tall, and slender, with blue eyes and shoulder-length brown hair. Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers TIPS hot line at 816-474-TIPS.

Fairy1
03-09-2009, 11:06 PM
FGS - this guy is a pathological liar and a loose cannon. LE needs to get this investigation wrapped up ASAP. Are they even still searching for Renee?

sohcnum
03-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Alonzo Washington checks in on the Shon Pernice saga with an update on how Pernice came to know Kansas City, Kan. teacher Kelly Sharp, who was interviewed by police in the disappearance of Renee Pernice.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAllCustom&friendId=106341812&swapped=true

scroll down to 4th one

Luzianne
03-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Alonzo Washington checks in on the Shon Pernice saga with an update on how Pernice came to know Kansas City, Kan. teacher Kelly Sharp, who was interviewed by police in the disappearance of Renee Pernice.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAllCustom&friendId=106341812&swapped=true

scroll down to 4th one

I just watched that. I like how he said maybe she ran off with a rich doctor, either that or she's dead. I just thought "You stupid piece of crap." Just keep on talking, Shon. He's going to slip up. He's too stupid to keep his mouth shut. His description of how he and Kelli got together was not very flattering to her, like she was chasing him, and if I were HER and he said that kind of stuff about me, I'l spill everything I knew. Hopefully she will do just that if she knows anything. I'm pretty sure she is not going to appreciate hearing what he has to say about her broadcast on the news.

sohcnum
03-17-2009, 12:34 AM
I just watched that. I like how he said maybe she ran off with a rich doctor, either that or she's dead. I just thought "You stupid piece of crap." Just keep on talking, Shon. He's going to slip up. He's too stupid to keep his mouth shut. His description of how he and Kelli got together was not very flattering to her, like she was chasing him, and if I were HER and he said that kind of stuff about me, I'l spill everything I knew. Hopefully she will do just that if she knows anything. I'm pretty sure she is not going to appreciate hearing what he has to say about her broadcast on the news.

how about him telling of all the voice messages he left on her phone looking for her.. does he not watch the news.. NO CALLS were on her phone from him.. that was one of the first red flags

goose13
03-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Like I said weeks ago. Shon will hang himself. The Lie about the phone calls. About Renee running off with a rich doctor. Is there any missing doctors where Renee worked?? I'm not positive, but I would say NO!!!!! And then throwing Ms. Sharp under the bus. I'm sure her lawyer will be giving a response soon. Also, If he knew Renee was seeing someone, but did not know who it was???? WTF???? If I knew my wife was seeing someone, I would make sure I would know who it was. I know Shon, he would go after the guy. All this interview does is give police more information. It gives them more ammo with the lie about leaving messages. Also, don't be surprised if Shon is reading this blog. He is sick like that. People, I know it is hard, but be patient. Shon will get what is coming to him.

sohcnum
03-17-2009, 02:19 PM
for anyone that missed the news or dont have access here is link to tv5s story of it.. all on tape so you can see it now http://www.kctv5.com/news/18948488/detail.html#comment_dsdHDieX0r3RZiaby-s3LA

so not to play favs with local news here is story from fox4 http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-shon-pernice-speaks-31709,0,7436594.story

JusticeRules
03-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Reading the posts and listening to the tape makes me think Alonzo Washington needs to attend reporting school. He prides himself that he asks pointed questions like - Did you have anything to do with your wife's disappearance - but has no follow-up to Shon Pernice's predictable response. He asks Shon Pernice if Renee was having an affair - but when Shon Pernice answers yes, but he doesn't know who with, Washington doesn't ask the obvious follow-up of how do you know and/or what proof do you have. It appears to me that the questions are set up to allow Shon Pernice to just deny what he wants to deny and admit what he wants to admit. IMO

Brianga
03-19-2009, 09:59 AM
What station does Alonzo work for.I thought he was an activist.

JusticeRules
03-19-2009, 11:14 AM
What station does Alonzo work for.I thought he was an activist.

He appears to work and/or blog for The Kansas City Kansan former newspaper that is now only on the internet.

http://kansascitykansan.com/blogs/

JusticeRules
03-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Sorry, let's try that again. I found him here.

http://kansascitykansan.com/blogs/samhartle/early-riser-college-basketball-madness/4265

JusticeRules
03-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Actually, it looks like the person who works for the Kansas City Kansan just referred readers to Mr. Washington's blog.

Glitterflits
03-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Alonzo Washington is a local community activist. He blogs about crimes against all people and has his own telephone number for tips. He has been known to get tips from people that may not be willing to call LE or who have called in tips but gotten nowhere. He sometimes uses controversy to keep a case in the spotlight. Not everyone likes his style or what he has to say, but one thing is for sure he works relentlessly to keep local cases in the spotlight. Here is an article People Magazine did on him helping to solve the Precious Doe case.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20147633,00.html

kcsleuth
03-21-2009, 12:07 PM
I want to go ahead and revisit this topic with hopes that other sleuths can do some online sleuthing to see if they can find any other information.

After spending what seemed like hours decoding a grainy image from a KMBC video/story about Shon's "Internet Dating" activity, I was able to discover his profile/username on the dating site was ifdfiremedic.

In my previous post, I discussed replacing his myspace id #'s 159467237 with his username I discovered ifdfiremedic. They go to the same page.

MySpace URL's:
http://www.myspace.com/159467237
http://www.myspace.com/ifdfiremedic

I searched all I could on ifdfiremedic and came up with these results:
(Note: craigslist ad's that have expired or been deleted will no longer come up)
To see all cached ad's, go to this URL:
http://www.google.com/search?q=ifdfiremedic&hl=en&filter=0

Silver American Eagle Set
Mar 4, 2009
American Eagle set 1986 to 2007 in a collectors book. Minimun offer of $350.
The 1996 one alone is worth $70. email: ifdfiremedic@yahoo.com
kansascity.craigslist.org/clt/1060675877.html

Safe Stack On
Stack on 28 gun safe. Fire/water proof. Purchased in Decemeber, original papers.
Excelllent condition. $700 firm email: ifdfiremedic@yahoo.com
kansascity.craigslist.org/spo/1054845862.html

Safe
Mar 3, 2009
28 gun Stack-On Total defense safe. Purchased in December.
Very new, original papers. $700 email: ifdfiremedic@yahoo.com
kansascity.craigslist.org/for/1058644305.html (kansascity.craigslist.org/for/1058644305.html)

Wood Burning Stove
Date: 2009-03-06, 9:35PM CST.
Great condition, was currently used. The flue is adjustable to go on the top or back.
Email: ifdfiremedic@yahoo.com
kansascity.craigslist.org/for/1063893656.html

Stethescope, Littmann new
Date: 2009-03-06, 9:40PM CST.
Littmann Cardiology III Black, 27 in", new in box, great gift. Original price is $200.
Email: ifdfiremedic@yahoo.com
kansascity.craigslist.org/for/1063898751.html (kansascity.craigslist.org/for/1063898751.html)

US Navy collectible
Includes some inside parts. Rare to own and would make a good collectors piece.
Looking for best offer.
email: ifdfiremedic@yahoo.com
kansascity.craigslist.org/clt/1055877514.html (kansascity.craigslist.org/clt/1055877514.html)

Step 2 Desk with light
Some stickers on the desk top. I tried to remove some to make way for more stickers from your child. $20
kansascity.craigslist.org/bab/1055864433.html

Stethescope Littmann
Date: 2009-03-04, 5:49PM CST.
Littmann Stethescope Cardiology III Black, 27 in. New in Box. Never used. $100
email:ifdfiremedic@yahoo.com
kansascity.craigslist.org/for/1060682355.html

New Steel Toed Black Boots
Brand new steel toed combat boots. 100% leather, never worn, size 10R. Great condition. First $15.
kansascity.craigslist.org/for/873432004.html

30 piece plastic storage container
Anchor Hooking brand, made in USA. Microwavable plastic. Good condition and very sturdy.
Perfect for someone starting out.
kansascity.craigslist.org/hsh/863161031.html

Dusters/ Cowboy coats $60 each or $100 for both.
Great deal for someone who could use them or like western apparel.
Perfect for the fall.
kansascity.craigslist.org/clo/846577210.html

Dusters/Riding coats
new--never been in the elements, size sm/med, purchased for western styles pictures.
These fit me at 5'9", 175. $25 each.
kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/863136974.html

Dusters/Riding Coats
2) Driza Bone, brown, new--never been in the elements, size sm/med
These fit me at 5'9", 175. $35 each.
kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/855634800.html

Steel Toed Combat Boots---New
Brand new steel toed combat boots. 100% leather, never worn, size 10R.
Great condition. First $15.
kansascity.craigslist.org/spo/869374008.html

(Craigslist) Kids Party items---Bulk - $3 (KC North)
I'll take offers on the case. Great for resale or kids party.
I just don't have the time.
kansascity.listpic.com/bab/869420514_craigslist_kids_party_items_bulk_3_kc_no rth.html

(Craigslist) computer games-flight simulator, others - $15 (KC North)
Flight simulator never used. Several other ones. Never used. $15 for all
kansascity.listpic.com/tag/800202610_craigslist_computer_games_flight_simulat or_others_15_kc_north.html

(Craigslist) Toy Box--Pooh - $20 (KC North)
First $20....All hinges work great, new condition, no problems. Kids have out grown it.
kansascity.listpic.com/bab/869405163_craigslist_toy_box_pooh_20_kc_north.html

(Craigslist) King Size Comforter - $10 (KC North)
Smoke free home.We paid $89 5 years ago, sticker still on bag. First $10 .
kansascity.listpic.com/hsh/869367533_craigslist_king_size_comforter_10_kc_nor th.html

NASCAR-Bill Ellliot Autographed car
Date: 2008-08-17, 12:26AM CDT.
1995 McDonalds car. Autographed on the winshield. Add to your collection!
kansascity.craigslist.org/for/800199966.html

King Size Comforter---with extras
Comes with two matching pillow cases and 2 matching shams. Smoke free home.We paid $89,
sticker still on bag. First $10 .
kansascity.craigslist.org/for/873424484.html

Comforter King size with extras
Great condition. Comes with two matchig pillow cases and 2 shams. Non smoking home. First $15
kansascity.craigslist.org/hsh/853826406.html

Fire House, ceramic
Great gift for a firefighter or for a collector. I have various other firefighting
collectables to post too. $12
kansascity.craigslist.org/clt/858485303.html

Dusters/ Cowboy coats $60 each or $100 for both.
Great deal for someone who could use them or like western apparel. Perfect for the fall.
kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/841805951.html

King Size comforter with extras
Comes with two matching pillow cases and 2 matching shams. Smoke free home.
We paid $89, sticker still on bag. First $10.
kansascity.craigslist.org/hsh/863169977.html

Dusters/ Cowboy coats, riding coats
2) Driza Bone, brown, new--never been in the elements, size sm/med These fit me at 5'9", 175.
$35 each.
kansascity.craigslist.org/clo/850141819.html

30 piece storage contain set
Lids for every piece. Anchor Hooking brand, amde in USA. Microwavable plastic. Good condition and very sturdy.
kansascity.craigslist.org/hsh/853832834.html

King Size Comforter
Smoke free home, lightly used. 300 thread count Egytptian cotton. I bought from Linens and Things for $89.99 plus tax.
kansascity.craigslist.org/hsh/850128356.html (kansascity.craigslist.org/hsh/850128356.html)

30 piece plastic storage bowel set
Lids for every piece. Anchor Hooking brand, made in USA. Microwavable plastic. Good condition and very sturdy.
kansascity.craigslist.org/hsh/858493726.html

EMT Pants-Navy--New
New, never worn, EMT pants, Navy blue, size 40R. Paid $65. Image Aparral Brand. Pics will follow.
kansascity.craigslist.org/spo/863157372.html

About Craigslist Ads:
Craigslist doesn't store cached versions of their ads. The general public cannot go back and look at expired or deleted posts.
Duplicate listings of the same items posted above most likely indicate the ad was posted more than one time.

These two ads were posted on kcguntrader.com
The ad's have since been deleted, but you can still view the cached version of the ads.

cached links:
Safe - A. Other Stuff : General
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:hWMwBSRGaw0J:kcguntrader.com/view_print.asp%3Fid%3D50030614540100012+ifdfiremed ic&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

556 ammo with 3 mags - 4. Firearm Parts & Related Items : Ammo
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:c_BXLSE4Z2wJ:www.kcguntrader.com/viewad.asp%3Fid%3D50087713857100012+ifdfiremedic&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Note: It is not illegal to post ads online, and I am in no way implicating anyone has done anything wrong by posting these ads.
The information contained in this post is public information that was posted freely in the internet.

goose13
03-21-2009, 06:27 PM
I think the Navy Sonor Bouy is stolen. The Navy does not give those away. Someone should call the FBI. It has a serial number on it and they can track it. It is, to the my best guess, a "passsive" sonobouy. It is pretty much a microphone for the water to listen for submarines.

rdsatkaycee
03-23-2009, 08:11 AM
Thanks KCSleuth for your excellet job of uncovering all this. In addition I observed on one of his sales (gun parts maybe) that he was going by army_medic as well. I have been searching the internet for that (as well as fire_medic also). Finding bits and pieces, but nothing alarming. Thanks again!

Sunshinemom
03-23-2009, 07:15 PM
KMBC-TV reports tonight, March 23, that Renee's mother and stepfather filed papers today in Clay County Court seeking guardianship of Renee's two boys. I haven't been able to find the story on their website yet.

JusticeRules
03-23-2009, 07:52 PM
KMBC-TV reports tonight, March 23, that Renee's mother and stepfather filed papers today in Clay County Court seeking guardianship of Renee's two boys. I haven't been able to find the story on their website yet.

If you look on casenet, they actually filed on 3/5/09.

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/

It is under Renee's sons' names, her mother's name, and her step-father's name. It is not under Shon Pernice's name.

sohcnum
03-23-2009, 11:12 PM
here is tv9s story on it http://www.kmbc.com/news/18996837/detail.html

SuziQ
03-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Interesting developement. I hope the Renee's parents win custody. Did we know about what I snipped below?

http://www.kmbc.com/news/18996837/detail.html

(snip)
The custody documents also say that Pernice brandished a gun in front of the children, and that he tried to cash accounts in Renee Pernice's name – accounts intended for the children – and that he has a number of outstanding bad checks with the Argosy Casino.

JusticeRules
03-24-2009, 07:17 AM
Interesting developement. I hope the Renee's parents win custody. Did we know about what I snipped below?

(snip)
The custody documents also say that Pernice brandished a gun in front of the children, and that he tried to cash accounts in Renee Pernice's name – accounts intended for the children – and that he has a number of outstanding bad checks with the Argosy Casino.

I don't remember reading about this. I did look at what was out on casenet - saw this on another blog - and it looks like they filed this on March 5.

www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/

Do a litigant name search on Renee's mother's name. Linda D. Lockwood. Use the D. or you get a bunch of other Linda Lockwood's. Not a lot of info out there. It does say there is a hearing scheduled for April 16.

sohcnum
03-24-2009, 12:25 PM
see links below for papers filed for guardianship

SuziQ
03-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Bumping up for Renee

treeseeker
03-31-2009, 06:28 PM
Shon P make a court appearance re the gun theft:

http://www.kmbc.com/news/19054821/detail.html

Glitterflits
04-06-2009, 02:59 PM
A fundraiser at First National Bank is selling silicone “Justice For Renee” bracelets/wristbands. The money will be donated to help Renee’s parents pay for attorney fees. They are priced at $5.00. These can be picked up at the following locations of First National Bank beginning Monday, 4/6/09.

6201 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66211 (College & Lamar);
4650 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66211 (College & Roe);
9700 Metcalf, Overland Park, KS 66212;
6301 Pflumm, Shawnee, KS 66216 (Shawnee Mission Parkway & Pflumm);
2828 Shawnee Mission, Fairway, KS 66205;
8800 W 135th, Overland Park, KS 66221 (135th & Antioch);
13518 S Alden, Olathe, KS 66062 (135th & Blackbob)

If you are not located here locally, you can still purchase a bracelet or make a donation. Please make check payable to Justice For Renee and send to:

Edison Credit Union
4200 E Front St.
Kansas City, Mo 64120

If you would like more information about ordering a bracelet please email:
gsmith@fnbk.com

The First National Bank telephone number is: (913) 266-9000

sohcnum
04-15-2009, 06:50 AM
not sure if anyone reads this anymore.. hope so.. we need all the coverage we can get to get Renee found before fruitloop does something stupid. (again)

has all heard that sweet innocent Kelli Sharps x-hubby is shaking things up..

and truck may belong to Kellis cousin

read more the latest dirst at http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAllCustom&friendId=106341812&swapped=true

dsntslp
04-16-2009, 08:25 AM
not sure if anyone reads this anymore.. hope so.. we need all the coverage we can get to get Renee found before fruitloop does something stupid. (again)

has all heard that sweet innocent Kelli Sharps x-hubby is shaking things up..

and truck may belong to Kellis cousin

read more the latest dirst at http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAllCustom&friendId=106341812&swapped=trueSochnum, I don't see anything at this link about Renee.

NRN
04-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Sochnum, I don't see anything at this link about Renee.
dsntslp, I had to go back about 3 pages into the blog's archive to find an item about Kelli Sharp's uncle/attorney commenting on what Shon told an interviewer about how he & Kelli hooked up.

ADD: Please God let Renee be found, and her murderer be brought to justice, soon!

Glitterflits
04-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Sochnum, I don't see anything at this link about Renee.

If you click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of the page you can go through and find the info. You may have to go through three or four pages to find it all. There are several posts about Kelli Sharp, her attorney, and her ex-husband.

Hope this helps.

darkstar105
04-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Well dang....could *this* be the truck?

This is Google Street View of 8424 Tomahawk Rd., Overland Park, KS, which Zabasearch has as the address of one Kevin Maroney. Alonzo Washington's blog suggested the truck could belong to Kelli Sharp's cousin Kevin Maroney.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=8424+tomahawk+rd.+overland+park,+ks&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.945679,53.173828&ie=UTF8&ll=38.976009,-94.657109&spn=0.008374,0.012982&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=38.976086,-94.657117&panoid=KFsorXm0Msbpu6JKqODP9A&cbp=12,236.89192426872296,,0,6.338842975206609

I don't mean the truck in the foreground, but the one in the driveway.

darkstar105
04-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Here is Keith Sharp's myspace (Kelli's ex-husband, according to Alonzo Washington)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=76702789

SuziQ
04-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Well dang....could *this* be the truck?

This is Google Street View of 8424 Tomahawk Rd., Overland Park, KS, which Zabasearch has as the address of one Kevin Maroney. Alonzo Washington's blog suggested the truck could belong to Kelli Sharp's cousin Kevin Maroney.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=8424+tomahawk+rd.+overland+park,+ks&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.945679,53.173828&ie=UTF8&ll=38.976009,-94.657109&spn=0.008374,0.012982&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=38.976086,-94.657117&panoid=KFsorXm0Msbpu6JKqODP9A&cbp=12,236.89192426872296,,0,6.338842975206609

I don't mean the truck in the foreground, but the one in the driveway.

It sure could be. Great finds you posted here.

Sunshinemom
04-16-2009, 05:00 PM
This doesn't look like the truck to me. When I zoomed in on the address provided, 8424 Tomahawk (I think), the text said "Approximate address 8418 Tomahawk". Also, the truck photo that was published in the KCStar had a curve to the back passenger window and a carrier rack on top, short nose and short bed. This just doesn't look like that truck to me.

goose13
04-16-2009, 05:56 PM
How old was the aerial photo? Was it a recent photo????

treeseeker
04-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Custody hearing for the Pernice children:
http://www.kmbc.com/news/19207830/detail.html

Apparently Shon wasn't on duty the night he entered the HAZMAT station

NRN
04-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Off topic; but someone asked me here a while back, if I was a nurse, & if I knew Renee. I replied that I live in Nebraska, and that Renee's story, although I did not know her, had just gripped me because she was a fellow nurse.

Yesterday I heard from my daughter, that my former sister-in-law (also a nurse) in the Kansas City area had been murdered by her husband. Here is a link. http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/story/1136635.html. (I am so tech-unsavvy, if my link does not work, do a Google search on Crystal Caldwell murder Kansas City).

I had not been in contact with Crystal for years, but she was always a good-hearted, hardworking woman. This guy obviously had a TON of red flags, and I am surprised that she married him, she always seemed more sensible than to fall for someone like this. God rest her soul.

I apologize for going off-topic, there really are not a lot of similiarities in these two situations, but, one thing that stood out to me, is that she, like Renee, had marital problems and had told her husband that "one of them had to move out." Guys, just get an apartment, the Penitentiary is not a desirable new address.

Glitterflits
04-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Link to the article in the Kansas City Star about the custody hearing:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1147761.html

Tonia
04-17-2009, 11:04 PM
The custody case for the children of a missing Northland mother will be drawn out at least through the summer.

A Clay County judge Friday set the trial for July 31.

Lockwood filed a petition seeking guardianship of the two boys. In it, she says Shon is an "unfit" parent.

The court documents claim that Shon left the two boys alone at least once, brandished a gun in front of them and tried to take money out of the children's bank accounts in Renee's name.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Missing-Moms-Kids-Involved-in-Custody-Battle/aUxVy6X2XEiM-O3Rx6gDRA.cspx

Glitterflits
04-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Bumping for Renee

sohcnum
04-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Happy Birthday Renee

Glitterflits
05-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Renee's family and her father's coworkers at First National Bank have compiled a cookbook dedicated to Renee as a fundraiser. The cost is $10 and all proceeds go to Renee's fund. Bracelets are still available for $5. Both are available at the following locations:

6201 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66211 (College & Lamar)
4650 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66211 (College & Roe)
9700 Metcalf, Overland Park, KS 66212
6301 Pflumm, Shawnee, KS 66216 (Shawnee Mission Parkway & Pflumm)
2828 Shawnee Mission, Fairway, KS 66205
8800 W 135th, Overland Park, KS 66221 (135th & Antioch)
13518 S Alden, Olathe, KS 66062 (135th & Blackbob)

First National Bank's phone number is 913-266-9000

sohcnum
05-05-2009, 03:18 PM
http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-shon-pernice-court-date-5509,0,2068353.story here is story on his todays court date of gun charge.. continued till june 24th @ 2:30

Glitterflits
05-06-2009, 02:45 AM
Here are links to clearer images of what the truck LE is looking for looks like, Shon's day in court and Renee's family changing the reward criteria:

http://www.kctv5.com/news/19376551/detail.html
http://www.kmbc.com/video/19372878/index.html
http://www.kmbc.com/news/19371142/detail.html
http://www.kctv5.com/video/19379095/index.html

darkstar105
05-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Is that the Federal building behind the truck in the first picture?

Do you suppose that's the real truck, or one that is the same make and model and color?

JusticeRules
05-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Mr. Pretz said in the interview yesterday that the picture he was holding up was NOT the truck in the fuzzy photo. It is just a clear picture of what that truck may look like. His point was really not so much about that particular truck as it was for people to think if they loaned their truck to anyone on the 1st of January. Or if their truck was missing around that time. If so, he wants them to call the TIPS hotline and have the police check it out.

kcsleuth
06-06-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm still disturbed that this man is still selling items online that I find to be very suspicious.

A fragmentation vest
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:Kcwl0lxL930J:www.kcguntrader.com/viewad.asp%3Fid%3D50046614856100012+ifdfiremedic&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
http://www.kcguntrader.com/cl_upload/dsci0117.jpg

15 Knives
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:tRZ2gvRnGqEJ:www.kcguntrader.com/viewad.asp%3Fid%3D50020699465100012+ifdfiremedic&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
http://www.kcguntrader.com/cl_upload/dsci0031.jpg

Tactical Light
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/spo/1176193794.html
http://images.craigslist.org/3ne3o73p5ZZZZZZZZZ95h7f9c1277d48d1378.jpg

3-9x40 Scope
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/spo/1176190315.html
http://images.craigslist.org/3n03pc3o3ZZZZZZZZZ95h416a8d21fe02155e.jpg

An active True.com Online Dating Profile (again)
http://www.true.com/US/mo/KansasCity/MF/ifdfiremedic.aspx

From all of the items I've seen this individual sell online, one can only assume these items were inside of the residence when they searched the home months ago. If these items were not inside of the residence prior to them being posted online for sale, I really hope law enforcement is monitoring and tracking this activity.

Perhaps these items have nothing to do with this case, but I feel this information should be made public.

---------------------------
--------------------------
-------------------------
Search techniques used for the above information:
http://www.google.com/search?q=ifdfiremedic

KCSLEUTH

treeseeker
06-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Renee Pernice billboard offering reward. Also a motorcycle ride being organized to benefit the Justice for Renee fund.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/19717240/detail.html

sohcnum
06-29-2009, 07:03 PM
kcsleuth.. please check http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2009/01/07/missing-renee-pernice-from-kansas-city-ks-since-122009-foul-play-suspected-husband-shon-pernice-being-questioned/#comment-64850 as it appears that Shon or someone in his group is trying to post as you with a bit of a spelling dif.

ss for putting another sites addy here.. my post can be removed.. i was unsure how else to get info to the real kcsleuth

Fairy1
06-30-2009, 12:23 AM
IMO, Shon Pernice is a psychopath and needs to be stopped permanently NOW! LE needs to do a full-court press finding Renee if that's what it's going to take to put this POS away forever. Jeez.

kcsleuth
06-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Someone alerted me today in regards to someone else posing as me on the other site. I'm not quite sure what I missed as it appears to have been deleted.

dsntslp
06-30-2009, 11:13 AM
The Gardner News & The Spring Hill New Era

http://www.gardnernews.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1&twindow=Default&mad=No&sdetail=&wpage=&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1953&hn=gardnernews&he=.com

Danedri Thompson
[email address]

SH WOMAN SEARCHES FOR MISSING SISTER

Finding the lost has been something of an obsession for Cynthia Hurtie, Spring Hill. She’ll settle for finding just one missing person, but ideally, Hurtie, a recent graduate with a degree in forensic science, would like to find her sister, Star Boomer.
"If you have a person go missing in your life, it’s unrepairable," she said. "It does major damage to the family members."
The last people to see Boomer alive told police that Boomer got into an altercation on Feb. 23, 1999 at Uncle Mike’s Bar in Kansas City, Kan. She was allegedly knocked to the ground and where she lost consciousness.
According to old news accounts, Boomer went to the local watering hole with friend and roommate, Carolyn Marshall. Marshall stayed for one drink and planned to return to pick up Boomer later in the evening. Marshall was told that Boomer had left with two men, when she returned to pick Boomer up. Investigators believe she was killed at the bar and her body was dumped.
It cut short future plans for mother of one. Boomer, along with her young son, were planning to move to Spring Hill to live with her parents when she disappeared.
Hurtie said someone knows what happened to her sister 10 years ago, and it’s time they came forward.
There were 13 witnesses in the bar, according to investigators, and the Kansas Bureau of Investigation is upping the ante in the case with a $5,000 reward for information.
"We need these witnesses to open up and say something," Hurtie said. "There were 13 witnesses in the bar, and nobody is saying anything."
One of those witnesses from the bar that night, Shon Pernice, was a regular on the news early this year, and Hurtie hopes that might trigger memories of others who may have seen something.
Pernice, who is being investigated for the January disappearance of his wife, Renee, was a patron at Uncle Mike’s Bar on the night of Boomer’s disappearance. He was not named as a person of interest or a suspect in the 10-year-old case.
In 1999, two men were arrested and charged with second degree murder, however, the men were released and charges were dismissed for lack of evidence.
Hurtie said police need to recover Boomer’s body for prosecution to move forward, but that’s a tall order after more than 10 years.
To that end, Hurtie is working with a private investigator who trains cadaver dogs. One dog, Jordan, was trained specifically to search for Boomer’s body. Hurtie, along with her private investigator, flew to Florida with Jordan to search for Caylee Anthony last summer.
Anthony, a 2-year-old, went missing last June. Her body was eventually recovered and her mother was charged with murder.
Hurtie said it’s now her life’s work to help find missing people. Hurtie was living in Lawrence and working in the nursing industry when Boomer was murdered, but she’s since moved to Spring Hill to be near her parents and pursue finding the lost.
"It’s really affected our family," she said. "And we need these witnesses to open up and say something."
The Kansas Bureau of Investigation and the Kansas City, Kan. Police Department are still pursuing the case. Those with information about the disappearance of Star Boomer are asked to contact the KBI at (800)-KS-CRIME.

=============
Special thanks to Danedri Thompson for providing the complete article at no charge and giving us permission to post the article in full. Thank you Ms. Thompson and The Gardner News and Spring Hill New Era.

Glitterflits
07-03-2009, 04:40 AM
Shon Pernice was in court on the gun charges. Looks like he won't have to go back until January 2010.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/19929302/detail.html

Glitterflits
07-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Shon Pernice arrested for disturbing the peace:

http://www.kmbc.com/news/19956702/detail.html

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-shon-pernice-arrested-story-7509,0,6423819.story

SuziQ
07-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Shon Pernice arrested for disturbing the peace:

http://www.kmbc.com/news/19956702/detail.html

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-shon-pernice-arrested-story-7509,0,6423819.story

What was he doing? Shooting fireworks from inside his truck or something? Please someone get those little boys away from him asap.

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-shon-pernice-arrested-story-7509,0,6423819.story (http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-shon-pernice-arrested-story-7509,0,6423819.story)

(snip)
Pernice was said to be driving up and down the street shooting off fireworks with his two boys at the time.

kcsleuth
07-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Agony reshapes the life of a family
By GLENN E. RICE
The Kansas City Star

Rick Pretz was driving to work a couple of weeks ago when he snapped, taking out his frustrations on his GMC pickup.

It was the kind of unpredictable emotional outburst that has overtaken Pretz without warning since his daughter, Renee M. Pernice, disappeared six months ago.

“Losing Renee, not having her body for closure and not having anyone arrested for her murder,” he said. “I started yelling as loud as I could and began beating on the steering wheel.”

No one has seen or heard from Renee, a 35-year-old nurse and mother of two sons and a stepdaughter, since the first days of the year.

Clay County Prosecutor Daniel White has said there is substantial evidence she is dead. Investigators have said her husband, Shon Pernice, was the last person known to have seen her.

No arrests have been made, and no criminal charges have been filed.

The questions surrounding Renee’s disappearance have consumed the lives of Pretz and his family.

“She had everything to live for,” Pretz said. “Someone killed her and hid her body, and we cannot find her.”

The family held a private remembrance ceremony on April 26, just before Renee’s birthday.

In May, about 40 volunteers searched through a wooded area in the Northeast area of Kansas City but came up with nothing new.

Family members pooled their money to offer a $25,000 reward for information about her disappearance. They show up at public gatherings and court hearings dressed in “Team Renee” T-shirts to keep her image in public view.

The family started a trust fund for her children, created a scholarship for nursing students and sold “Justice for Renee” cookbooks and purple bracelets. They even consulted a psychic.

“I still feel confident we are going to get justice, and I think we will find Renee,” said Linda Lockwood, her mother.

Since her daughter’s disappearance, Lockwood has had trouble sleeping. When she finally dozes off, nightmares wake her, she said.

“Renee is always the last thing on my mind when I go to bed, and she is the first thing I think about when I wake up,” Lockwood said, choking back tears.

Renee, who had begun divorce proceedings when she vanished, had not said anything to family members indicating she thought she was in any kind of danger.

She and her children saw her family on Christmas Eve. On New Year’s Day, Pretz called Renee to check on her.

Then, on Jan. 3, older sister Lisa Mooney noticed she had missed several phone calls from Renee’s cell phone.

Mooney called back but could not reach Renee. She said she called Renee’s house and was startled when Shon Pernice answered the phone.

Family members said Renee had told them that Shon was leaving for a two-week National Guard training session and was to move out of the house when he returned.

Mooney said Shon Pernice told her that Renee had been gone for some time.

“Our lives will never be the same,” Mooney recalled saying after hanging up.

Police found Renee’s cell phone Jan. 3 near Sixth Street and Gladstone Avenue in the Northeast area.

They also obtained surveillance video of a truck driving in the area of Gladstone Boulevard between St. John Avenue and Seventh or Eighth Street the morning of Jan. 2.

Weeks after Renee’s disappearance, police got a search warrant for her house.

The affidavit for the search warrant said Shon Pernice had made inconsistent statements about his wife’s disappearance. He told his wife’s relatives that he last saw her on New Year’s Day, according to the affidavit. But days later, he told detectives he last saw her Jan. 2.

Shon Pernice has not made any public comment about his wife’s disappearance. His attorneys also declined to comment.

Earlier this year, he was charged with felony theft for allegedly stealing a neighbor’s handgun on Jan. 31. Authorities said the gun charge was not related to the disappearance.

Because of the gun charge, Shon Pernice has been placed on leave from the Independence Fire Department, where he worked as a paramedic, said his attorney, Eric Vernon.

Pretz and Lockwood, along with their spouses, get to see Renee’s sons every Thursday through monitored visits. Lockwood is seeking guardianship of the two boys.

Family members never know when emotions will bubble to the surface, Mooney said.

“You could be in the middle of something and it hits you,” she said. “You think about the things that Renee will never be able to enjoy.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSIDE
Kansas City police arrest Shon Pernice, citing him for disturbing the peace. | A8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shon Pernice arrested
Kansas City police arrested Shon Pernice for disturbing the peace after he allegedly stood in front of a neighbor’s house at 12:10 a.m. Sunday and yelled at him.

He was released from jail on a $100 bond Sunday afternoon after police wrote him a city ordinance violation.

The man who signed the complaint, Julian Mendez, accused Pernice earlier this year of stealing a gun from his basement. Pernice is awaiting trial on felony stealing charges in that case.

Pernice said he called 911 early Sunday after Mendez assaulted him, but police said Mendez phoned for help late Saturday night.

Pernice said he was driving home after lighting sparklers and smoke bombs with his children down the street when Mendez tossed into his face a liquid that he called an irritant.

“I was blinded,” he said. “I immediately pulled over.”

Mendez said he didn’t throw anything at Pernice and only went into the street to watch over his own son, who was picking something up.

Pernice called 911 three times and officers showed up, but he said they told him to walk a few houses down to his own home because they thought he was too drunk to drive. Pernice said that although he’d had some beer earlier, he smelled of alcohol because of what was thrown on him.

Police spokesman Capt. Rich Lockhart said Pernice sounded intoxicated and belligerent in the first call, during which he claimed to have been pepper-sprayed.

Pernice’s mother went to retrieve the van and kids. When she didn’t return, Pernice said, he walked back down to see what was delaying her. He said that’s when he and the neighbor yelled at each other.

“I told him ‘You’re going to go to jail for this!’ ” Pernice said.

Lockhart said the neighbor called police at 11:14 p.m. about someone who was screaming and possibly drunk in the street.

Pernice went back home, called 911 a fourth time and told dispatchers angrily that he was going to file a complaint with the internal affairs unit.

A short time later, police showed up and arrested him for disturbing the peace. Lockhart said officers followed protocol.

“We can tell from the officers’ actions they thought Shon was the primary aggressor,” Lockhart said.

Pernice said his two children witnessed the alleged assault and were frightened by it.

TGIRecovered
07-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Poor kids. Cops shouldn't have let Perniece walk home, they should have cited him for DUI and endangering the kids. Too afraid of frivolous lawsuits I guess. What a shame! Those children need to be better protected.

Susan

Glitterflits
07-07-2009, 03:26 AM
Video interview with Shon Pernice:

http://www.kctv5.com/video/19970258/index.html

Glitterflits
07-07-2009, 03:44 AM
Video with interview of Shon Pernice's neighbor about 4th of July arrest:

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=494142@kshb.dayport.com&navCatId=4295

Anubis
07-08-2009, 11:32 AM
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this clown murdered his wife. I wonder if he's been asked to take a poly and refused? You can practically see the hatred for her in his voice during the interview ("rich ass doctor boyfriend..or dead"). Who makes comments like that? Murderers (a la Peterson...) He is witnessed driving his wife's dog to a local park and leaving it there. He should be denied full custody of his children.Blood in the garage. The cell phone tossed away (and how in the hell did they find it?). People like him make mistakes. What was his answer for accessing the hazmat building at 4 am? He needs to be named as a person of interest to sweat him a little. The KC police don't have the best rep for solving crimes like this. Plus he was a witness to an earlier murder (ten years ago)?

rccook555
07-08-2009, 12:01 PM
CNN) -- Renee Pernice, a 35-year-old mother of two young children, vanished from her home in Kansas City, Missouri, shortly after New Year's this year. She hasn't been heard from since.
Police believe foul play is involved, yet they have not found her body. No one has been arrested in the case.
Police have not named her husband, Shon Pernice, as a person of interest or a suspect in the case. However, "he's the last known person to see her alive," said Doug Niemeier, a sergeant with the Kansas City Police Department.
Six months after Renee Pernice disappeared, police say they still have questions about her husband in the days after her disappearance, including why he allegedly accessed a local fire department's hazardous materials building around 4:30 a.m. January 3.
"It should be noted that multiple types of cleaners, solvents and cleaning supplies are stored at Station #5," a police affidavit says.

(snipped)

A local firefighter, Shon Pernice has said he was not involved in her disappearance. He told a local activist in March that "I didn't harm my wife one bit. Not at all." In that interview, one of the few in which he's referenced his wife's disappearance, he added, "It's gut-wrenching thinking that either she's got a rich-ass doctor boyfriend somewhere and she's happy, or she's dead."
(snipped)
Since his wife disappeared, Shon Pernice has been arrested twice on unrelated charges: once for allegedly stealing a neighbor's gun and another time for disturbing the peace in an incident with that same neighbor this past July Fourth weekend.
"As everybody knows, my wife has been missing since January 2," he told CNN affiliate KCTV5. "This is what it stems from. Basically what the media ... has portrayed of me -- of the whole situation. There's a lot of people that don't like me."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/08/grace.coldcase.pernice/index.html

Glitterflits
07-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Shon Pernice was arrested today on two child endangerment charges and a tampering with a witness charge. Here is a link to the article in The Kansas City Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/116/story/1328129.html?storylink=omni_popular

Here is a link to the charges:

http://blogs.kansascity.com/files/pernice-shon-a-tampering.pdf

Glitterflits
07-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Quote from FOX4 News regarding July 4th 911 call:

Prosecutors say Pernice made several 911 calls that night and can be heard saying "I will kill them. I am now prepared to protect myself."

Prosecutors say Pernice's son is then heard saying "Dad you are too mad...Let me talk, put the knife down."

FOX4 News article and video:
http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-shon-pernice-arrested-071609,0,3060537.story

KCTV5 News article and Video:
http://www.kctv5.com/news/20073833/detail.html

KMBC9 News article:
http://www.kmbc.com/news/20073747/detail.html

Fairy1
07-17-2009, 10:07 PM
OMG. They need to keep those boys away from him - and his enabling *mother* for good!

SuziQ
07-18-2009, 12:51 AM
I'll be praying and keeping my fingers crossed that Renee Pernice's parents get custody of the children.

Glitterflits
07-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Bikers Ride For Renee Pernice's Family
Benefit Will Help Pay Mounting Legal Bills In Custody Fight

News links:
http://www.kmbc.com/news/20102389/detail.html
http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-pernice-benefit-ride-071809,0,4834750.story

Bikers Ride To Help Solve Missing Mom Case
News link:
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/content/morningnewsteam/weekends/story/Bikers-Ride-To-Help-Solve-Missing-Mom-Case/lfcKrc8nrU--VZN0AZQ37g.cspx

kittenish
07-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Renee's mom has custody

http://www.kmbc.com/mostpopular/20119486/detail.html

Glitterflits
07-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Additional news links for Custody
http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-renee-pernice-family-gets-kids-72009,0,2806678.story
http://www.kctv5.com/news/20119818/detail.html
http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1336251.html

kcsleuth
07-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Gotta love KCTV-5
They always do anything, ANYTHING to get their story...
Even if it means filing a motion related to the case in question.

See 7/17/2009 ; 7/22/2009 ; 7/24/2009

Direct from case.net

07/14/2009 Docket Entry: Judge Assigned

Docket Entry: Grand Jury Indictment Filed
Text: Document ID: 09-CYARW-677, for PERNICE, SHON ANDREW;

Docket Entry: Bond Set
Text: BOND SET AT $250,000.00

07/16/2009 Docket Entry: Warrant Served
Text: Document ID - 09-CYARW-677; Served To - PERNICE, SHON ANDREW; Server - ; Served Date - 16-JUL-09; Served Time - 00:00:00; Service Type - Sheriff Department; Reason Description - Served

07/17/2009 Docket Entry: Arraignment Scheduled
Associated Docket Entries: 07/22/2009 - Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Defendant in custody with attorney Baldwin, State by APA Krauser. Intervener Meredith Corporation by attorney Rhodes. Intervener motion to object to Order Denying Media Coverage-Defendant NOT waiving 3 day notice- Motion and Arraignment continued to 7-24-2009 at 10:00am by agreement of parties. Defendant ordered to appear. STA/plh
Associated Events: 07/23/2009 , 09:00:00 - Arraignment

07/21/2009 Docket Entry: Motion Hearing Scheduled
Associated Docket Entries: 07/22/2009 - Hearing Continued/Rescheduled

Associated Events: 07/22/2009 , 14:00:00 - Motion Hearing

Docket Entry: Motion to Intervene
Text: Proposed Intervenor Meredith Corporation (KCTV-5) by atty Bernard Rhodes files Motion to Intervene for the Limited Purpose of Objecting to Orders Denying Request for Media Coverage (with Suggestions). plh

Docket Entry: Notice of Hearing Filed
Text: Proposed Intervenor Meredith Corporation (KCTV-5) by atty Bernard Rhodes files Notice of Hearing calling up their Motion to Intervene for the Limited Purpose of Objecting to Orders Denying Request for Media Coverage of arraignment to be heard on 7-22-2009 at 2:00pm. plh

07/22/2009 Docket Entry: Hearing Continued/Rescheduled
Associated Docket Entries: 07/21/2009 - Motion Hearing Scheduled

Associated Events: 07/22/2009 , 14:00:00 - Motion Hearing

Docket Entry: Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Text: Defendant in custody with attorney Baldwin, State by APA Krauser. Intervener Meredith Corporation by attorney Rhodes. Intervener motion to object to Order Denying Media Coverage-Defendant NOT waiving 3 day notice- Motion and Arraignment continued to 7-24-2009 at 10:00am by agreement of parties. Defendant ordered to appear. STA/plh
Associated Docket Entries: 07/17/2009 - Arraignment Scheduled

Associated Events: 07/23/2009 , 09:00:00 - Arraignment

Docket Entry: Motion Hearing Scheduled
Associated Docket Entries: 07/24/2009 - Arraignment Held
State by APA Scott Ison, Defendant in custody by Attorney Eric Vernon.Defendant handed copy of Indictment by the Court. Defendant informed by Court of the charge(s) against him. Defendant waives reading of the Indictment and enters a plea of not guilty.Defendant ordered to appear on 7/31/09 at 9:00 am. At defendant's request, no trial date is set.
Associated Events: 07/24/2009 , 10:00:00 - Motion Hearing

07/24/2009 Docket Entry: Entry of Appearance Filed

Docket Entry: Response Filed
Text: Defendant's Respionse to Intervenor's Motion "For Media Coverage"
Filing Party: PERNICE , SHON ANDREW

Docket Entry: Motion for Bond Reduction
Text: Motion for Reduction of Pretrial Bond

Docket Entry: Notice of Hearing Filed
Text: Motion to Reduce Bond 7-31-09 @ 9:00am

Associated Events: 07/31/2009 , 09:00:00 - Motion Hearing

Docket Entry: Motion for Discovery
Text: Defendant filed Request for Discovery

Docket Entry: Motion for Discovery
Text: State files Request for Discovery.

Docket Entry: Arraignment Held
Text: State by APA Scott Ison, Defendant in custody by Attorney Eric Vernon.Defendant handed copy of Indictment by the Court. Defendant informed by Court of the charge(s) against him. Defendant waives reading of the Indictment and enters a plea of not guilty.Defendant ordered to appear on 7/31/09 at 9:00 am. At defendant's request, no trial date is set.
Associated Docket Entries: 07/22/2009 - Motion Hearing Scheduled

Associated Events: 07/24/2009 , 10:00:00 - Motion Hearing

jyram
07-29-2009, 11:23 PM
This is mostly greek to me...

Fairy1
07-30-2009, 01:34 AM
If LE is waiting to find Renee's remains to press charges against this POS for her murder, they need to be WAAAAAAAAAAAY more agressive in their seaches for her.

Shon is a danger to anyone he comes in contact with! IMO, he killed Renee, and she was not the first.

rccook555
07-31-2009, 04:04 PM
LIBERTY, Mo. -- A Clay County judge has modified the bond for Shon Pernice in one of two cases pending against him.Earlier this month, Pernice's bond was set at $250,000 after he was taken into custody after a dispute with his neighbor. On Friday, KMBC's Dan Weinbaum reported that the judge lowered the bond to $100,000.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/20236948/detail.html

In da Middle
08-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Well at least he hasn't posted bond yet....

http://www.claycogov.com/county/offices/sheriff/detention_population.php

sohcnum
08-21-2009, 01:34 AM
ty for the link In da Middle.. when i heard he had bailed out i went right to your link to verify.. sadly yes he is out

rccook555
08-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Pernice Posted Bond In Connection With July Dispute With Neighbor.
In July, Pernice's bond was set at $250,000 when he was taken into custody following a dispute with his neighbor on the Fourth of July weekend. Pernice is accused of threatening his neighbors during a confrontation and endangering his own children.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/20493479/detail.html

eta...As conditions of his release, Pernice will wear an electronic monitoring device and can only leave his home to go to work.

sohcnum
08-22-2009, 12:54 PM
but.. has anyone looked into why he is released to go to work in St Joe when he dont currently have job there.. st joe is 50 miles away

Glitterflits
08-27-2009, 02:08 AM
but.. has anyone looked into why he is released to go to work in St Joe when he dont currently have job there.. st joe is 50 miles away

I had not heard where he was released to go to work at, only that he was released and could only leave home to go to work. Where did the St. Joe info come from? I must have missed it. I found it interesting that he was working at all.

In da Middle
08-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Well if he is working, I hope he is paying child support!! (yeah right, like he would do that with out a court order)

JusticeRules
09-01-2009, 06:28 AM
Gliterflits, Missouri Casenet is where this information is found on what happened during his last court appearance. This is the stolen gun case.

7th Judicial Circuit (Clay County)
09CY-CR00710-01 - ST V SHON A PERNICE
This information is provided as a service and is not considered an official court record.
Displaying 25 thru 27 of 27 records for all dockets returned for case 09CY-CR00710-01.
1 2 3 4 5
08/21/2009 Docket Entry: Hearing Held
Text: State by APA Soctt Ison, Defendant in person Eric Vernon. Defendants Motion to Enlarge Time to File Motion for Change of Venue- no objection by Plaintiff, Motion Granted. Defendant Motion for Change of Venue continued by agreement of parties. For good cause shown, case continued by Defendant to 9/18/09 at 10:30 a.m. Defendant ordered to appear at that date and time. At Defendant's request, no trial date is set. Upon oral motion by Defendant, Defendant's bond is modified as follows: Defendant's electronic monitoring amended to allow Defendant to attend AA meetings 2 times a week and to commute to and from St. Joseph Missouri for employment purposes. All other conditions remain as previously set. STA/rll
Associated Docket Entries: 08/21/2009 - Motion Hearing Scheduled

Associated Events: 08/21/2009 , 09:00:00 - Motion Hearing

Associated Events: 09/18/2009 , 10:30:00 - Motion Hearing

Docket Entry: Bond-Cash Bond Posted Full Amt

treeseeker
09-24-2009, 10:10 PM
http://www.kmbc.com/news/21107247/detail.html

Tip leads to new search for Renee Pernice

(snip)
On Thursday, officers searched a field north of the river near Interstate 29 and Highway 169, police said.

I hope they find her.

Glitterflits
09-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Update on tip and search for Renee:

Tip Comes Up Empty In Finding Pernice
http://www.kctv5.com/news/21112451/detail.html

Glitterflits
11-22-2009, 04:35 AM
Latest article on Renee states that authorities know who has the truck of interest:

http://www.kctv5.com/news/21270623/detail.html

Wonder what that means and why we aren't hearing more about this new information.

JusticeRules
11-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Can we believe everything in the news article? Did LE really say they know where the truck is??? We all hope that is true, but we cannot be certain. I know the article says "Pretz and Renee's mother" have custody of the boys now, but casenet says it is Douglas and Linda Lockwood (her mother and step-father) who have been given temporary custody. Unfortunately, you cannot always believe what you read or see in the news.

Glitterflits
12-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Articles say that a clay county judge rules that Renee will not be mentioned in Shon's gun case:

http://www.kctv5.com/news/22006791/detail.html
http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-pernice-gun-trial-121809,0,7376612.story

Texas Mist
12-31-2009, 06:27 PM
Pernice Family To Mark Somber Anniversary
$25,000 Reward Offered For Information That Leads To Her Remains

<snip>

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The start of the new year marks a somber anniversary for the family of Renee Pernice. They last spoke to her on Jan. 1.

Pernice's family said they know Renee, 35, was murdered. They said she would never have abandoned her children or her job teaching other nurses.

"From the moment that we heard that she was unaccounted for, we really knew what had happened," said Rick Pretz, Renee Pernice's father.

Pretz said Pernice's sons, now 8 and 10, don't understand what happened to her.

"There's never any closure. The children think, 'Why did Mommy leave? Why doesn't she come home?'"Pretz said.

more here

http://www.kmbc.com/news/22100264/detail.html

treeseeker
01-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Fox4 KC report on the anniversary of disappearance of Renee Pernice:

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-pernice-anniversary-010210,0,5871863.story

Texas Mist
01-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Lawyer For Pernice Wants Case Dismissed

Reported by: Lindsay Shively
Email: Shively@nbcactionnews.com
Last Update: 1/14 3:48 pm

LIBERTY, Mo.- The defense attorney for Shon Pernice, who's wife has been missing for a year, wants unrelated theft charges against him dropped if the judge won't enforce a court order allowing defense attorneys to visit the crime scene.

Defense attorneys filed that motion among others Thursday morning in Clay County court.

Pernice heads to trial January 25th, charged with stealing a gun from his neighbor's basement in January 2009......
The defense attorney also filed motions to ensure the jury will be isolated from media and information on Shon Pernice before the trial.
The judge won't rule on the motions until Thursday, January 21st. The trial is set to start January 25th.

more here

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Lawyer-For-Pernice-Wants-Case-Dismissed/darVUIf4ZEeJKm5nxnpEXA.cspx

rccook555
01-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Custody For Pernice Children Settled

LIBERTY, Mo. --
The mother of missing woman Renee Pernice was granted full custody (http://www1.flexysearch.com/find.php?query=full+custody&cc=US) of her two boys (http://www1.flexysearch.com/find.php?query=two+boys&cc=US) on Thursday.
Pernice's husband, Shon Pernice, signed papers handing over custody to Linda Lockwood (http://www1.flexysearch.com/find.php?query=Lockwood&cc=US).

http://www.kmbc.com/news/22301567/detail.html (http://www.kmbc.com/news/22301567/detail.html)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/misc/progress.gif

rccook555
02-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Bumping for Renee

JusticeRules
02-20-2010, 11:32 AM
The Justice For Renee Myspace.com has a link to the guardianship court documents.

http://www.myspace.com/justiceforrenee

treeseeker
03-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Trial dates set for Shon Pernice, husband of Renee Pernice. July 12 for stealing a gun from his neighbor; Oct 18 for witness intimidation and child endangerment in connection with the gun theft.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/22756053/detail.html

Glitterflits
03-06-2010, 02:37 AM
Another link about trial dates for Shon Pernice:
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/03/05/1791683/pernice-trial-dates-set.html

JusticeRules
03-17-2010, 03:17 PM
The Judge has ruled on the Pernice motion to take off his monitoring device.

From Casenet:

09CY-CR02754 - ST VS SHON PERNICE

03/12/2010 Docket Entry: Order
Text: Defendant's request for amending bond modification is denied. All bond conditions remain as previously set. So Ordered.
Filing Party: ALEXANDER , SHANE TERRIL

cluciano63
04-03-2010, 07:25 PM
I only found and read through this case today; had not heard of it. Am feeling disgusted by LE if they had determined that she is dead long ago, by the evidence in the house, that they have not charged this guy. More and more murders are being tried without a body and without as much (apparent) physical evidence, meaning they must have seen enough blood traces to determine that she had died. In NY, Cal Harris was convicted of killing his wife Michelle (as they were divorcing) with very little blood in the garage and house and she has never been found, and he was not acting as publicly guilty as this guy. What is the hold up??Do they think they could not get a verdict? I think jurors are getting more and more savvy...divorcing couple, wife vanishes, blood in house, iffy stories from husband almost always=he killed her. They won't get a confession and they may not find the body and he can't be allowed to benefit from hiding it so well.
Let's get this guy charged and quit messing around with those petty crimes he can't seem to stop committing before he hurts someone else, he obviously keeps getting out on bail. In this case, to me ,there is no innocent until proven guilty-IMO Sometimes they are just guilty.

raeann
05-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Where are our great map experts.....this sounds like a good possibility to be connected to this case

http://www.kansas.com/2010/05/07/1304027/bones-found-in-a-barrel-in-kck.html

Pernice home address was NW 66th Terrace

Fairy1
05-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Where are our great map experts.....this sounds like a good possibility to be connected to this case

I'm NOT an expert, but it looks like less than 4 miles from KC, KS to KC, MO.

CHICANA
05-07-2010, 09:35 PM

It could be, but I lived in KC KS and it could be anybody. In many areas, illegals are the majority. Lotsa drugs. This area especially is pretty ghetto.

raeann
05-07-2010, 09:41 PM
It could be, but I lived in KC KS and it could be anybody. In many areas, illegals are the majority. Lotsa drugs. This area especially is pretty ghetto.

Yeah, but I was just thinking that most of those types of crimes are ones where they just leave the body wherever....someone put this one in a barrel and hid it in the woods. AND, IIRC the husband broke into a storage room where such items could have been kept.

jmoo

CHICANA
05-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Yeah, but I was just thinking that most of those types of crimes are ones where they just leave the body wherever....someone put this one in a barrel and hid it in the woods. AND, IIRC the husband broke into a storage room where such items could have been kept.

jmoo

Good point. It's been awhile since I checked in on this case, wasn't there a link to KC KS ?

CHICANA
05-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Good point. It's been awhile since I checked in on this case, wasn't there a link to KC KS ?

Found the answer to that. SP's friend was a teacher in KCK since 2000.

Fairy1
05-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Found the answer to that. SP's friend was a teacher in KCK since 2000.

That's right! Am I right that these cities are only a few miles apart?

Fairy1
05-07-2010, 10:56 PM
What was the name of the other woman whose disappearance Shon may have been involved in? Star something??? I can't remember!!!

CHICANA
05-07-2010, 11:06 PM
That's right! Am I right that these cities are only a few miles apart?

The elementary school she worked at is a little over 4 miles from where the barrel was found.

CHICANA
05-07-2010, 11:27 PM
What was the name of the other woman whose disappearance Shon may have been involved in? Star something??? I can't remember!!!

Star Boomer

Read the claim against Shon.

http://mothersarevanishing.blogspot.com/2009/02/star-boomer-who-is-she-and-where-is-she.html

Fairy1
05-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Star Boomer

Read the claim against Shon.

http://mothersarevanishing.blogspot.com/2009/02/star-boomer-who-is-she-and-where-is-she.html

Thank you! That's what I thought, but I couldn't find her. I believe there's a very good chance Shon is involved in her case too.

RubyRed
05-08-2010, 12:24 AM
That's about 3 1/2 miles from the school where Shon Pernice's girlfriend worked.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=2600+N+72nd+St+Kansas+City,+KS+66109-2599&daddr=1700+North+51st+Terrace,+Kansas+City,+KS&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=25.149508,77.519531&ie=UTF8&ll=39.129594,-94.720259&spn=0.023969,0.075703&t=h&z=14

Steadfast just posted this map on another thread, the distances between the two, to where barrel was found.

dsntslp
05-09-2010, 11:48 PM
The area the barrel was found in is less than a mile from where persons of interest in Star Boomers case lived at the time she went missing.

It is also rumored that the remains in the barrel are around ten years old but I have no online source to credit, just rumor.

CHICANA
05-10-2010, 09:41 PM
The area the barrel was found in is less than a mile from where persons of interest in Star Boomers case lived at the time she went missing.

It is also rumored that the remains in the barrel are around ten years old but I have no online source to credit, just rumor.

Now there's a source.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/23508129/detail.html

There's a pic of Star Boomer with this article along with a comment from her mom.

The Wyandotte County Coroner's Office said the woman was either white or of mixed race. They said she was 5 feet 5 inches and between 20 and 40 years old. Officials said the body had been in the barre lfor years, and likely died some time between 1996 and five to six years ago.
The woman had some dental work done, officials said. Investigators also said they found three rings and a beaded necklace along with the remains.

dsntslp
05-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Cindy Hurtie is Star Boomer's sister.
An extremely sweet woman who went on to complete a forensics course and get her PI license. Such an inspiration.

Video: http://www.kctv5.com/video/23511450/index.html

CHICANA
05-10-2010, 09:47 PM
If it is Star Boomer, they need to search that area thoroughly for Renee. If SP had anything to do with it, he might have dumped Renee there too, thinking he'd found the perfect hiding place.

CHICANA
05-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Cindy Hurtie is Star Boomer's sister.
An extremely sweet woman who went on to complete a forensics course and get her PI license. Such an inspiration.

Video: http://www.kctv5.com/video/23511450/index.html

Sorry, I didn't read that too thoroughly.

dsntslp
05-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Sorry, I didn't read that too thoroughly.No, You read it right, lol. The article has the familial relationship wrong. No worries :)

dsntslp
05-11-2010, 06:31 PM
I have it on good authority (the family's PI) that he remains found in the barrel are not Star Boomer. I just got home and have not had time to look for an online source to back this up but will asap.

Any further updates on Star Boomer I will put on her thread instead of here on Renee's so they are not duplicate posts.
KS KS - Star Gail Hurtie (Boomer), 39, Kansas City, 1999 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

raeann
05-11-2010, 07:00 PM
News sources linked above have been updated with pictures of jewelry items found with the body.

wfgodot
05-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Shon Pernice arrested in wife’s disappearance
Posted on Tue, May. 18, 2010 04:27 PM

Authorities said today they have arrested Shon Pernice in connection with the disappearance of his wife.

They would not provide details about when the arrest occurred.

Clay County prosecutors have called a press conference for late this afternoon.

Renee Pernice, 35, had begun divorce proceedings when she vanished more than a year ago.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/18/1954543/shon-pernice-arrested-in-wifes.html

KANSAS CITY, MO - Shon Pernice was indicted by a grand jury for the murder of his wife, Renee Pernice, on Tuesday. Renee went missing in January 2, 2009 and her body has never been found.

Shon is being held on a $1 million bond. FOX 4 News will have more information as soon as it is available. Refresh this page for updates.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-shon-pernice-indicted-murder-051810,0,3805884.story

Pernice was arrested on Tuesday. The Clay County prosecutor has issued a 4:45 p.m. news conference to discuss a long-standing case.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/23598340/detail.html

PRESS CONFERENCE LINK
http://www.kctv5.com/video/23598216/index.html

davehead21
05-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Thank God-- it's about time!! I hope and pray that Renee's family will start to get some definite answers.

luvbeaches
05-18-2010, 06:14 PM
It's about time! I was so happy to hear this news.

At the end of the news conference, the reporter said that people had been calling in to the station and complaining that the end of Jeopardy was preempted for this announcement. I can't hardly believe that there are people out there that are more interested in a stupid game show than the good news that this man has been arrested. What the hello is wrong with people?

'Ailina
05-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Hooray! Hooray! I've needed to hear some good news! This is fantastic!

kcsleuth
05-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Finally!

treeseeker
05-18-2010, 07:35 PM
The KMBC link, Shon Pernice indicted:

http://www.kmbc.com/news/23598055/detail.html

SuziQ
05-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Yessss! I haven't read the links, just saw the new posts. Do we know yet if his GF had a role in this? Off to read.....

summer_breeze
05-18-2010, 08:06 PM
http://www.kplr11.com/news/sns-ap-mo--missingmom,0,104575.story

By Associated Press
5:38 PM CDT, May 18, 2010

LIBERTY, Mo. (AP) — A Kansas City man whose wife disappeared last year is now charged with first-degree murder in her presumed death.

trigger
05-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Finally ....Great news...I'm blown away.

:woohoo:

dsntslp
05-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Happy Dance!!!!!! Wooohhooo!!! Amen, amen, amen.

Now WHERE ARE THE BODIES OF RENEE PERNICE AND STAR BOOMER???

Happy dance (again) lol.

(Sorry, Had to, had to.)

ETA: Afterthought...I hope they do not cut him any deal without both bodies if he does indeed know where both are, and I think he does. Just my own opinion though, of course.

cluciano63
05-18-2010, 09:30 PM
From what I have read about this guy, he is not going to admit anything or help the family out by telling where she is...but am really glad he is finally facing charges.

Lola
05-19-2010, 03:32 AM
Step one - indict -- check
Step two - arrest -- check
Step three.......thoughts and wishes out to Renee's family. I am so hoping they have enough to nail this guy.

BeanE
05-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Renee Pernice's Family Returns To Home To Collect Items
POSTED: 6:10 am CDT May 19, 2010
UPDATED: 6:31 am CDT May 19, 2010

Much of Renee Pernice's family haven't been back to the home she shared with her husband, Shon, since she disappeared 16 months ago.

"It still has the feel of Renee," Rick Pretz, Renee's father, said.

Pretz said he's got power of attorney and wanted to get some sentimental items that belonged to his daughter.

"I'm sick about it," Pretz said.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/23604240/detail.html

wfgodot
05-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Lengthy overview of the case up till now:
Shon Pernice indicted for murder of wife whose body hasn’t been found
---
Authorities did not make a dramatic discovery that led to the indictment, White said. Rather, he said, the investigation resulted in evidence that led the grand jury to indict.

Investigators had been watching Shon Pernice in recent weeks, worried that he might get word of the impending indictment and try to flee. As it turned out, police said they did not think he knew he was about to be arrested.

Members of the FBI’s Fugitive Task Force and the Kansas City Police Department’s Career Criminal Squad on Tuesday saw Pernice running errands. He was preparing to move to a duplex in Liberty.

Shortly after the judge signed the warrant Tuesday, officers knocked at Pernice’s door about 4 p.m. and announced themselves. After a few minutes, Pernice opened the door and agreed to go with the them. Pernice did not ask why he was being arrested, police said.
---

much more at
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/18/1955436/northlander-indicted-for-murder.html

summer_breeze
05-20-2010, 11:03 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/20/1958623/pernice-pleads-not-guilty-to-murder.html

By GLENN E. RICE
The Kansas City Star

A Northland man accused in the slaying of his wife, who has been missing for almost 17 months, pleaded not guilty today to a first-degree murder charge.

wfgodot
05-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Shon Pernice pleads not guilty to first-degree murder charge
---
Marsha Pernice, Shon’s mother, attended the hearing and said she was saddened to see her son accused of murder.

“I want to go up and hug him,” she said.

Also attending the hearing was Rick Pretz, Renee’s father.

“It is disturbing to see someone who has been part of your family up there in that situation,” Pretz said.
---

more at
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/20/1958623/pernice-pleads-not-guilty-to-murder.html

rccook555
05-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Shon Pernice pleads not guilty (http://www.examiner.net/newsnow/x1070019710/Shon-Pernice-pleads-not-guilty)
Clay County, Mo —
Shon Pernice pleaded not guilty Wednesday in Clay County Circuit Court on an allegation he killed his wife.

A grand jury indicted Pernice on Tuesday with one count of first-degree murder for killing Renee Pernice, who went missing in January 2009.

The indictment says she was killed Jan. 1, 2009, in Clay County.
http://www.examiner.net/newsnow/x1070019710/Shon-Pernice-pleads-not-guilty

raeann
05-21-2010, 04:18 PM
If anyone has a way to contact this family, it would be great for them to get in touch with TES while they are only a few miles away with all of their equipment helping in the Patricia Kimmi search. If they (TES) could even do a one or two day search in the KC area, it could at least eliminate some possible locations by completing a thorough search.

jmoo

summer_breeze
06-05-2010, 08:46 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/06/04/1993659/clay-county-authorities-disclose.html

Posted on Fri, Jun. 04, 2010 10:40 PM
By GLENN E. RICE
The Kansas City Star

While police and volunteers searched a wooded area for a missing Northland woman, her husband watched it on the news at a bar and said she was not in those woods.

Clay County authorities this week made that allegation, along with other previously undisclosed evidence, in arguing against a bond reduction for Shon Andrew Pernice, 37, a Kansas City, North, man accused of killing his wife.

Soulmagent
06-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Body found gladstone and belmount.

Is Gladstone the area where they found Renee's phone ?
This seems to be close to the location of shon travel. from what I can tell.

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2010/06/body-found-in-bag-in-old-northeast.html

treeseeker
06-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Shon Pernice to appear in court today:
http://www.kmbc.com/news/23948147/detail.html

snip:
Pernice's attorney Eric Vernon told Breit that he has just received the prosecution's evidence in the case, which includes more than 800 pages of reports on at least 26 DVDs and CDs.