PDA

View Full Version : FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County

Pages : [1] 2 3

Seebra
02-10-2009, 12:01 PM
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/feb/10/101106/missing-child-alert-issued-putnam-county-3-year-ol/

Elphaba
02-10-2009, 12:40 PM
What a cutie-pie... I hope she is found quickly and is okay.

Blue_Dolphin308
02-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Was just coming to post this!

LaLaw2000
02-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Oh, no! Not another one! LE needs to get this little girl's picture on national TV right away.

I hope and pray that Haleigh is found safe and sound.

PattyCake
02-10-2009, 01:04 PM
I just read a couple of articles... I"m sorry, the girlfriend said the door was unlocked. Who in this day and age doesn't lock their doors anymore? Hinkey meter way high on this off the start. How do you find a child missing at 3:30 am unless that child always wakes up around then? Most children sleep very well by that age.

And the Amber Alert however useful, is ineffective in this case and didn't meet all the necessary criteria to release one. Although I'm not against any alerts for missing children, there's no suspect discription, no vehicle, no tag number, etc....

I just don't think this is a stranger abduction case. I hope I am wrong. I pray to God I am completely wrong and she's found quickly. Poor child. My goodness.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,490466,00.html

LaLaw2000
02-10-2009, 01:23 PM
I just read a couple of articles... I"m sorry, the girlfriend said the door was unlocked. Who in this day and age doesn't lock their doors anymore? Hinkey meter way high on this off the start. How do you find a child missing at 3:30 am unless that child always wakes up around then? Most children sleep very well by that age.

And the Amber Alert however useful, is ineffective in this case and didn't meet all the necessary criteria to release one. Although I'm not against any alerts for missing children, there's no suspect discription, no vehicle, no tag number, etc....

I just don't think this is a stranger abduction case. I hope I am wrong. I pray to God I am completely wrong and she's found quickly. Poor child. My goodness.

NO ONE I know would leave their door unlocked and go to bed! I do not leave any of my doors unlocked even during the day!

When my children were 3 years old it was hard to wake them up if they were sleeping. Especially in the middle of the night!

Something is not right here! I agree with you that it does not sound like a stranger abduction! I hope I am wrong as well, PattyCake.

EmMomma
02-10-2009, 01:25 PM
This does not sound good at all. :(

I hope that Hayleigh is found quickly and returned to her family...

websurfer
02-10-2009, 01:43 PM
:blowkiss: http://www.codeamber.org/cummingsfl/ (http://www.codeamber.org/cummingsfl/)

http://www.codeamber.org/cummingsfl/

I hope things are done quicker and no delays are made in this case.

Unfortunately the FAMILY and Girlfriends of family are in the mix...
until cleared..

websurfer
02-10-2009, 01:44 PM
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/feb/10/101106/missing-child-alert-issued-putnam-county-3-year-ol/

Sleuthster
02-10-2009, 01:50 PM
OMG, here we go again. I am really concerned this is not going to be good. I am praying very very hard that I am wrong.

Beyond Belief
02-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Fox just said its a trailer park, with a river about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. Fathers girlfriend was home with her and he was at work.
What little child would wander outside in the middle of the night and reported she had a shirt and shorts on. Its a little cold in that area this time of year for shorts.

Beyond Belief
02-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Reported by fox 26 sex offenders in area. I don't know if they mean county wide or not.

They need to get the dogs searching in there immediately.

Sleuthster
02-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Fox just said its a trailer park, with a river about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. Fathers girlfriend was home with her and he was at work.
What little child would wander outside in the middle of the night and reported she had a shirt and shorts on. Its a little cold in that area this time of year for shorts.

They said it was near Ocala National Forest. I used to live in Ocala but I did not realize Putnam was so close. ONF is a big area to search.

Beyond Belief
02-10-2009, 01:59 PM
I hope they check the trailer park to find out who in there is friends/related to the local sex offenders. After that deal with Couey over in Homasassa they need to check these people immediately.

EmMomma
02-10-2009, 02:00 PM
I hope they check the trailer park to find out who in there is friends/related to the local sex offenders. After that deal with Couey over in Homasassa they need to check these people immediately.

Jessica is who I immediately thought of. :(

Beyond Belief
02-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Just reported mobile home park they live in has one road in and one road out.

INQUIRING MINDS
02-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Haleigh lives in a mobile home community called River Villa. It's on Green Lane in the Hermits Cove area of Satsuma, just off Buffalo Bluff Road and U.S. 17.

The little girl was home with her father's girlfriend and a 2-year-old sibling. The Putnam County Sheriff's Office says the girl's father was at work in Palatka until about 3 a.m.

Authorities found no forced entry to the home.

Haleigh's bedroom door was open when her father's girlfriend woke up to go check on her at about 3:45 a.m.

Investigators haven't said what stirred the father's girlfriend at that hour, but authorities say she called 911 when she discovered Haleigh missing from her room.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement says Haleigh had on a pink shirt and underwear.

She is three feet tall and weighs 39 pounds.

The girl's mother lives in St. Marys, Georgia, and is on her way down to Putnam County to talk with authorities.

EmMomma
02-10-2009, 02:03 PM
So maybe the GF woke up because dad got home?
I hope they IMMEDIATELY look at the sex offenders in the area.

INQUIRING MINDS
02-10-2009, 02:04 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=river+villa+satsuma+florida&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=20.902146,35.859375&ie=UTF8&ll=29.575808,-81.67305&spn=0.01116,0.033817&t=h&z=15

Map of their mobile home cummunity..

INQUIRING MINDS
02-10-2009, 02:18 PM
http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowMap.asp?frm=0

Map of sexual offenders in area.

INQUIRING MINDS
02-10-2009, 02:20 PM
I suspect however that the GF may be involved and this is not related to any sex offenders.

EmMomma
02-10-2009, 02:22 PM
I suspect however that the GF may be involved and this is not related to any sex offenders.

I do think it's strange to be up at 3:45 in the morning and Hayleigh just happened to be missing, but I read that dad got off at 3, so maybe that's why she was up?

Regardless, SOMEONE has done SOMETHING. :mad:

sc2714
02-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Don't any of you get up to pee in the middle of the night and check on your kids?

Sleuthster
02-10-2009, 02:26 PM
I always go check on Pooky before I go to sleep, sometimes it's at 1 or 2 am when I am writing. I dont usually go to bed and THEN get up and check on her unless she is sleeping past 7 am then I worry and go check.

websurfer
02-10-2009, 02:28 PM
http://www.news4jax.com/video/18682465/index.html

Sleuthster
02-10-2009, 02:29 PM
On the other hand, I have a monitor in her room, so I could see if I didnt have a monitor that I would probably get up and check on her.

websurfer
02-10-2009, 02:29 PM
:blowkiss: http://www.codeamber.org/cummingsfl/ (http://www.codeamber.org/cummingsfl/)

I hope things are done quicker and no delays are made in this case.

Unfortunately the FAMILY and Girlfriends of family are in the mix...
until cleared..

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am crying so sad so sad for this child..

http://www.news4jax.com/video/18682465/index.html

Sleuthster
02-10-2009, 02:33 PM
She could have wandered off too. Just saying.

Pooky can open the front door and unlock the deadbolt. I was already thinking about geting one of those eye hook latches for the top of the door. I think I will do it today.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
02-10-2009, 02:36 PM
OMG. Praying that Haleigh is quickly found safe.

sc2714
02-10-2009, 02:41 PM
I have a monitor as well, but before I go to sleep or if I'm up using the restroom during the night, sometimes I go in and make sure my girls are covered up and everything. I'm just saying... the girlfriend noticing she's missing at 3:30am doesn't sound that far-fetched. And like others have said, if the dad came home at 3, she could have been woken by that and gotten up to check on the kids.

I really hope she's found safe and sound, she looks like a precious little girl.

jnTexas
02-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Oh this is sad. I do not believe this child wondered out the door. I have a Bailey and she is 6. She will not go out side at night it's too scary. I have a feeling the girlfriend is invovled. Watching and reading about these cases so much convinces me why the LE always looks at the family first.
I hope this baby has not suffered.

Sleuthster
02-10-2009, 02:49 PM

Fox is now saying LE is questioning the father, he was supposed to be at work though. So maybe LE knows something else.

INQUIRING MINDS
02-10-2009, 02:55 PM
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-10/story/putnam_issues_missing_child_alert

Law enforcement officers with boats and aircraft are searching an area of southern Putnam County for a 5-year-old girl last seen at home about 10 p.m. Monday, authorities said.

A missing and endangered child alert has been issued for Haleigh Cummings, last seen in the Hermit's Cove area of Satsuma when she was in bed. About 3 a.m. the girl's father came home and saw her missing, said Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. A woman believed to be the father's wife or girlfriend was also asleep in the residence.

Greenwood said the father noticed Haleigh missing and woke the woman. He said there is no immediate evidence of foul play but that the home off Seven Sisters Road is very near the St. Johns River and that there are canals reaching into the neighborhood.

I think this story sounds bizzare. The girlfriend was asleep, No she was up, No she got up to use the bathroom.

LaLaw2000
02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I agree that this story sounds bizarre, INQUIRING MINDS! It is NOT good when the story gets so convoluted in the beginning.

I also do not like that there is that water in the area - Lake St. John? Can't remember the name for sure.

I wonder why the back door was unlocked? I am glad the dogs are there. A good dog could get the scent from Haleigh's bed and hopefully track her.

Conflicting stories usually lead to not so good an ending, IMO. I know LE has to clear the father and girlfriend first. They just may not get past them...............

RiverRat
02-10-2009, 03:06 PM
The first Amber Alert went off during the service for Caylee for us viewers here in Florida.........Will it ever end? :cry:

RiverRat
02-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings

MagicRose99
02-10-2009, 03:18 PM
I know most of you are intent on posting up-to-date info... but could I please request you post a little synopsis with the links? TIA

joyce D
02-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Not sure but was reading about this poor miissing baby in the Jacksonville topix and seen someone release her name and i searched for her on myspace not sure if i can post the link?

PattyCake
02-10-2009, 03:39 PM
I posted earlier about my hinkey meter being way up. However someone else posted how she possibly could have wandered off.

Thinking back, I sleep walked when I was about five and my mother did find me outside one time. I wonder why that's not a consideration and an amber alert is. Are authorities searching the area?

Then again, sleepwalkers wake up eventually and she couldn't have gone far. Oh my...

I wonder where the real mom is too.

lawlady84
02-10-2009, 03:41 PM
I have a monitor as well, but before I go to sleep or if I'm up using the restroom during the night, sometimes I go in and make sure my girls are covered up and everything. I'm just saying... the girlfriend noticing she's missing at 3:30am doesn't sound that far-fetched. And like others have said, if the dad came home at 3, she could have been woken by that and gotten up to check on the kids.

I really hope she's found safe and sound, she looks like a precious little girl.

I agree- my mom was a light sleeper and if she woke up in the middle of the night she always checked on us if only to make sure we didn't kick our blankets off, or when we were older to make sure we didn't fall asleep with a book in bed - "those edges are sharp and could poke you in your sleep!"

But now the news report says the DAD first saw Haleigh and woke the girlfriend up? That's a different thing.

And agree also, unless the baby was a sleepwalker? I doubt she'd leave the house. And if she was, you'd think they'd have a gate or something

lawlady84
02-10-2009, 03:44 PM
I posted earlier about my hinkey meter being way up. However someone else posted how she possibly could have wandered off.

Thinking back, I sleep walked when I was about five and my mother did find me outside one time. I wonder why that's not a consideration and an amber alert is. Are authorities searching the area?

Then again, sleepwalkers wake up eventually and she couldn't have gone far. Oh my...

I thought this too, but usually parents notice sleepwalking and take precautions - my brother sleepwalked and we'd have baby gates on top of the stairs and in the kitchen doorway just to jar him to wake him up if he made it that far.

ceyler
02-10-2009, 03:47 PM
The girlfriend, Misty Croslin is only 19 years old!

jnTexas
02-10-2009, 04:10 PM
The girlfriend, Misty Croslin is only 19 years old!

I seen that on her myspace. It says she has not logged in since 9/11/2008 at which time she had a single status. So I take it her and Daddy are less than a 6 month item.
this is not looking good for little Haleigh. JMO but i'm thinking maybe haleigh was getting to much of Daddy's attention, and little miss 19 yr old live in was jealous. I so hope my opinion is wrong and this child is found safe.:confused:

swanniee11
02-10-2009, 04:13 PM
There is a 2yr old child in the house as well, any idea who she/he belongs too?

ceyler
02-10-2009, 04:16 PM

No, I have no idea. However, I did hear that the two year old and Haleigh shared the same room.

kellync
02-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Something is off. There are 26 (uuughhhhh) sex offenders in the area. My God, what is the world coming to???
I feel as many of you, the girlfriend seems to be, um, I cant put my finger on it.

jnTexas
02-10-2009, 04:18 PM

In one article is said she was a sibling. I'm doubting it's the girlfriend and father's child since on 9/11/08 the girfriend had a myspace status of single and it looks like she just started her myspace at that time (no friend except Tom). I would assume from that article the 2 yr old has the same parents as Haleigh.

Here is the myspace page hope it is okay to post it:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=412920159

there's not much on the myspace. I couldn't find one for the Dad.

Seebra
02-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Completely freaking out over here. What the h### is going on in this world???

My heart can't take another break for these innocent children who have done NOTHING but trust adults for safety and security.

I feel so helpless, I want to protect every child that is in danger. We need stricter laws, we need harsher and longer sentences for people who commit crimes against children.

Tonia
02-10-2009, 04:26 PM

In one of the newscast that i saw it said her mother lived in Georgia and had traveled to the area.

ceyler
02-10-2009, 04:32 PM
I just read this: Channel 4 learned that a 2-year-old sleeping in the same bedroom as Haleigh and a 17-year-old cousin Monday night. They are both safe and detectives said the teenager had no information about what happened to Haleigh.

Haleigh's mother, who lives in south Georgia, went to Satsuma on Tuesday and was cooperating in the search.

KR2tonenow
02-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Was it true she was taken from her bedroom last night?

MaryAnn
02-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Don't any of you get up to pee in the middle of the night and check on your kids?

Definitely. My Son is grown and out of the house, but now I check on my Dogs.

swanniee11
02-10-2009, 04:38 PM
ok, now there is a 2yr old sleeping in the same room and a 17yr old cousin sleeping in the same room??????????????????

ceyler
02-10-2009, 04:38 PM
here is the link to the story
http://www.news4jax.com/news/18680086/detail.html

swanniee11
02-10-2009, 04:40 PM
I would like to know if this cousin is male or female, lets also keep in mind the g/friend is only 19 closer to this cousins age

gibby207
02-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Did anyone hear of any dogs picking up any scents? Any dog info?

PattyCake
02-10-2009, 04:42 PM
ok, now there is a 2yr old sleeping in the same room and a 17yr old cousin sleeping in the same room??????????????????

whaaaaaat? male or female cousin? Sorry everyone, makes a big difference to me. I have never had a teenager male babysitter, never will. I know there's many amazing young men out there, please don't fault me.

None of this looks like a happy ending for this poor child.

EmMomma
I just have a very bad feeling about this whole situation.
We are supposed to love and protect our children...and others' children.
Why does this seem to go wrong so often? :confused:

ceyler
I would like to know if this cousin is male or female, lets also keep in mind the g/friend is only 19 closer to this cousins age

I would like to know that as well. I just do not understand people?! I just don't get it! :furious:

Shalya
02-10-2009, 04:49 PM
I hope they check the cousin out, male or female.

I know it's easier to think a male capable of hurting a child, but from personal experience, let me just say, women can molest and rape children too. I would bet it's reported far less often too.

swanniee11
02-10-2009, 05:14 PM
My mind is also wondering around thinking if the cousin is having a fling with the g/friend, 5yr old sees it, they panic etc etc. Of course, we can't ignore the cluster F* of child molesters around that either. I'm praying she is ok.

impatientredhead
02-10-2009, 05:26 PM

This article says the missing girl was last seen at 3am this morning????

Then all the other articles say she was missing at 3:45? Dad got off work at 3am. That is a tight window on time if that is accurate.

MyTinkieGirl
02-10-2009, 05:41 PM

Then all the other articles say she was missing at 3:45? Dad got off work at 3am. That is a tight window on time if that is accurate.

There's like 3 different stories out there...one where dad see's her at 10 pm before work....says will see her at 3 am when he gets home....girlfriend see's her gone at 3:45....now there's cousins and everybody else in the trailer.
One thing that's REALLY important here....it's NOT "31 days" after the child is missing!!! (Sorry)
I hope God is watching over this little girl....and keeps her safe from harm.

Megs
02-10-2009, 05:43 PM

I don't think that's worded right. According to this foxnews article, they discovered she was gone at 3 AM. I had read earlier that the girlfriend put her to bed at 10 PM and that was the last time she had been seen. A lot of unanswered questions in this case!!

impatientredhead
02-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Are we allowed to post myspace links?
One article said the girlfriends name and said she was 23.
I found her myspace and it lists Haleigh as one of three children.
I would like to screen capture it but I seem to be impaired there.

PS- she has some of the same icons in her profile as Casey did.

MyTinkieGirl
02-10-2009, 05:52 PM

Oy!!!

INQUIRING MINDS
02-10-2009, 05:58 PM
THE MOM, I do not believe she was married to Ronald. Her last name is Sheffield. The Putnam County Clerk records show that Ronald sought paternity in 2005 against her and there was an injuction against her for domestic violence. Also a couple of records on him. Wildlife violation and another that does not state the crime. C Sheffield violated the injunction per Duval county records and her address is listed in Glen St Mary FL.

Busylady
02-10-2009, 06:08 PM
I think this is the moms myspace not the girlfriend.

impatientredhead
02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
I think this is the moms myspace not the girlfriend.

I see that now (the articles are so inaccurate at this point). So she is not living in Georgia? Her myspace shows her logged in yesterday and says she is FL. Phone numbers are still Fl ?

yanknrebel
02-10-2009, 06:14 PM

WHat you want to bet that the 2 year old is the girlfriend's child? If that is so then the gf would have had to be about 16 when she got pregnant and now after dating the father of Haleigh for about 6 months or so now she lives with the father of Haleigh and is sharing this man with Haleigh and maybe she is jealous of this child. Wanting this man to take care of her and HER 2 year old child. This is JUST my theory. I pray I am wrong and this little girl is found safe. I will say a prayer for this baby.

Shutterfly
02-10-2009, 06:24 PM

"Investigators in northeast Florida have questioned the father of a missing 5-year-old girl who his girlfriend says wasn't in her bed when they checked on her Tuesday morning, police told FOXNews.com.

Putnam County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Jason Nettles said he didn't have information on whether or not Haleigh Cummings' father and girlfriend are suspects in her disappearance.

"I don't know that for sure," he told FOXNews.com.

Both were questioned Tuesday by authorities. The child lived with the couple in Putnam County, Fla.

"The girlfriend and the father are cooperating with police," Special Agent Steve Donaway of the Florida Dept of Law Enforcement told an afternoon news conference.

Investigators also were interviewing others in the case, according to Nettles — including sex offenders in the area.

Shutterfly
02-10-2009, 06:31 PM
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/10/missing_child_alert_girl_4_from_putnam_co.html

"SATSUMA, Fla. -- An Amber Alert has been issued for a Putnam County girl.

Haleigh Cummings, 5, was last seen at her home, in the Hermus Cove area, wearing a pink shirt and underwear.

Investigators said Haleigh's father returned home early Tuesday morning to find the back door open.

Her father's girlfriend discovered Haleigh was not in her bed around 3:30 a.m.

Haleigh is 3 feet tall, has blond hair and brown eyes, and weighs 39 pounds."

Angelray
02-10-2009, 06:34 PM
This is so unbelievable! Who this day and time would go to bed without locking the door period and especially in a trailor park of all places. (I have lived in some bad ones) I dont by someone sneaking in a room where three people are sleeping and taking one. Trailor bedrooms are not all that large... sumthing very fishy here. I hope it isnt a jealous moment.

texaskate11
02-10-2009, 06:35 PM
I am usually just a lurker, but I thought I would throw my 2 cents in for my first post!! On the mom's myspace page, it says her son's name is Ronald. That would make me think he is named after his dad, as that is not a common name these days. It says he is 3, but I still think he could be the other child in the room. The mom hardly mentions Haleigh or Ronald, as if she might not have custody of them. Her main focus is her new daughter- there are over 50 pictures of Chloe, and maybe 10 total of Haleigh and Robert.

Megs
02-10-2009, 06:41 PM
http://www.news4jax.com/video/18684460/index.html

Here is a video of the dad being interviewed - I couldn't hear it very well as I'm at work and I didn't really want to blare it! Something didn't seem right about the dad, but what is "right" when something like this happens?!

The one thing that sticks out to me in this whole thing is if something went down with the girlfriend, the 17 y.o. would have heard/seen something. Very strange that they won't say whether the 17 y.o. cousin is a male or female.....

SuziQ
02-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Steve Huff has this case on his site:

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/02/missing_in_florida_haleigh_cum.php

(snip)
According to Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,490466,00.html), both Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin are being questioned in connection with Haleigh's disappearance. Are Cummings and Croslin suspects? Police spokesperson Sgt. Jason Nettles tells Fox "I don't know that for sure."

Sleuthster
02-10-2009, 06:43 PM
How are ya'll finding this myspace please message me

Hermione
02-10-2009, 07:00 PM
My oldest will be 5 in May, and I always check on her in the night about that time when I get up to use the bathroom or if I just wake up for some reason..(sometimes my 1 yo wakes me up). Sometimes, she's up as well to go potty. It's just a parent's/adult's instinct to check on a child this age in the middle of the night if you awaken, nothing hinky IMO.

I too thought of Jessica Lunsford. I am really worried about this child....and this is the stage where TIME matters SO much, I wish I could go down there and help find her myself. What haunts me to this day is that Jessica Lunsford was alive for so long, when usually, it happens quick so........until you find the kid you just don't know what to prepare for.

I don't understand why people leave doors unlocked in this day and age!! Also my daughter who'll turn 5, we had to put safety locks on our doors since she was 3 to prevent her from wandering out (or actively running out on purpose to go play!)-- I always hated it because it makes me worry about fire safety but my kids are never far out of my reach.

I am praying for this angel's safe return. The "in the middle of the night" thing and unlocled door bothers me a lot, but these days, it only takes a second for something to happen. There are predators out there who target kids :furious: or take advantage of it if they happen to catch a kid at the wrong moment, it's why I stress to my daughter she must stay RIGHT with me when we go shopping, I must have her in my sight at all times.

Praying for Haleigh. Soooooooooo much. Please please, let this child be found alive and safe. Please let her just have wandered out, gotten lost,......I know this is so unlikely....but please.....

CharlestonGal
02-10-2009, 07:00 PM
I think it's pretty unlikely that an intruder would have entered a trailer and abducted a 5 year old child from the same room in which a 2 year old and a 17 year old were sleeping, with the gf sleeping down the hall as well. Very unlikely.

What's the gender of the 17 year old? Who is the last person outside the household that saw the 5 year old?

nostoneunturned
02-10-2009, 07:02 PM
What's up with the dads hand? It looks like he has blood on his hand.
Was he in a fight?

SteveHuff
02-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the link to True Crime Report, y'all.

Here's a little snippet of info I discovered about Misty Croslin, the 19-year-old girlfriend who was in the home when Haleigh disappeared.
News of Record
Daytona Beach News-Journal (FL) - Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Suits filed [...] Lisa Croslin on behalf of Misty Croslin vs. Jeremy Miller, by and through parent/guardian, repeat violence

So -- when Misty was approximately 15, someone -- her mother, I'd guess -- filed some sort of suit against this Miller dude for abuse on Misty's behalf.

A 19-year-old girl, taking care of her boyfriend's 5-year-old -- someone else's kid -- and at least one other kid. A 19-year-old who may have been abused herself.

I don't know about you all, but I sure don't like the way this one is going so far.

Thrs0806
02-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I just watched the video of the Dad's interview and my 2 cents is that he didn't have anything to do with this. I saw a man in total grief and dispair over his missing daughter. I was truly heart breaking to watch him.

I agree that something seems strange with so many people being in the trailer and no one heard anything. But whatever happened, I think Dad came home afterwards.

SuziQ
02-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the link to True Crime Report, y'all.

Here's a little snippet of info I discovered about Misty Croslin, the 19-year-old girlfriend who was in the home when Haleigh disappeared.

So -- when Misty was approximately 15, someone -- her mother, I'd guess -- filed some sort of suit against this Miller dude for abuse on Misty's behalf.

A 19-year-old girl, taking care of her boyfriend's 5-year-old -- someone else's kid -- and at least one other kid. A 19-year-old who may have been abused herself.

I don't know about you all, but I sure don't like the way this one is going so far.

Steve, do you have any info on the 17 year old cousin? How can someone get past a 17 year old in the same room? I don't like how this is going either.

IMO, whatever happened, happened before dad got home and Croslin called 911 because she knew the dad was going to be home any minute.

Shutterfly
02-10-2009, 07:40 PM
I just watched the video of the Dad's interview and my 2 cents is that he didn't have anything to do with this. I saw a man in total grief and dispair over his missing daughter. I was truly heart breaking to watch him.

I agree that something seems strange with so many people being in the trailer and no one heard anything. But whatever happened, I think Dad came home afterwards.

I just watched the video as well. Wow, that was like a kick in the gut. I find it a bit hard to swallow that he had any prior knowledge of whatever took place here as well. However, one thing I do find strange, and perhaps it's just me and the fact that I will carry around what happened to Caylee in the back of my mind...and therefore I am skeptical. He says "I would give my life to have my child's life BACK." That sounds to me a little like someone who knows that the child is "gone." The first thing he says also gives me pause to wonder. Reporter asks what his first indication was that something was wrong, at the start of the interview. He says "My girlfriend was awake at 3 am" then initially he stops, as if that in itself was the first red flag. Then after hesitation he continues.
I know, I know. Maybe he's just freaked out and can't even process the next word out of his own mouth...poor guy. Regardless, I hope and pray to God that they find Haleigh and that she comes home smiling, thinking that it was all just a crazy dream.

fabvab
02-10-2009, 07:52 PM
http://www.news4jax.com/video/18684460/index.html

Here is a video of the dad being interviewed - I couldn't hear it very well as I'm at work and I didn't really want to blare it! Something didn't seem right about the dad, but what is "right" when something like this happens?!

The one thing that sticks out to me in this whole thing is if something went down with the girlfriend, the 17 y.o. would have heard/seen something. Very strange that they won't say whether the 17 y.o. cousin is a male or female.....
I also had the feeling, "something isn't right", when I watched the video with the Dad. It's amazing how we all get different perceptions of things because several other posters watched his interview and felt opposite.
It bothered me that he never looked at the camera. Maybe it is me...but I don't think dad functions at a real high level. Perhaps that is why his reactions in the video seemed a little strange to me. He mentioned that the person who did this will "be taken out"...he said it twice. moo

Shutterfly
02-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Hang on...it's being reported that the girlfriend was the last person to see Haleigh at 10pm when she put her to bed. No one seems to be reporting anything to the contrary thus far. So if there was a 2 year old and a seventeen year old sleeping in the same room, then both of THEM were asleep from 10 pm on, and this seventeen year old didn't see Haleigh after 10 pm when the girlfriend put her to bed?

17 year old...asleep by 10pm?

MyTinkieGirl
02-10-2009, 07:55 PM
On JVM, the reporter just said they were ALL in the bed....Misty, 2 y.o. AND Haleigh....Misty heard a noise, got up, Haleigh gone, door open.....huh??

nostoneunturned
02-10-2009, 08:00 PM
her name is close to Caylee CMA ... H Anne Marie Cummings CMA backwards?? Hinkey meeter sounding alarms..girlfriend,cousin,stranger,neighbor. God please watch over this child.
What's going on in Florida? Little Adji still missing and now this one. It's crazy.

RNmomnFL
02-10-2009, 08:18 PM
I felt uncomfortable too watching the father's video. As someone said earlier, it seems deceptive how he doesn't look up while talking. He seems very upset (understandably) too & I hope that is all it is. I'm praying for the safe return of little Haleigh.

Shutterfly
02-10-2009, 08:26 PM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=130972&provider=rss

"........Mr. Cummings said when he came home he found signs of forced entry to his home, but investigators with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said they didn't find anything to suggest a break-in......."

:waitasec:

static
02-10-2009, 08:27 PM
I think it's pretty unlikely that an intruder would have entered a trailer and abducted a 5 year old child from the same room in which a 2 year old and a 17 year old were sleeping, with the gf sleeping down the hall as well. Very unlikely.

What's the gender of the 17 year old? Who is the last person outside the household that saw the 5 year old?

Agreed. Very unlikely.

EmMomma
02-10-2009, 08:30 PM
TES is supposed to be there tomorrow.
Prayers for Hayleigh...

SuziQ
02-10-2009, 08:43 PM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131034&catid=3

The search for missing Haleigh Cummings will continue under the cover of darkness in the neighborhood where she disappeared early Tuesday morning.
Cummings was reported missing by her father when he returned home from work in Palatka after 3 a.m.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Office says a rear door to the trailer was found open. The girl's father, Ronald Cummings, told First Coast News the door was forced open.
Law enforcement from neighboring counties and the FBI assisted in the search with helicopters and boats. Search teams combed the woods and divers worked the waters of the nearby St. Johns River. (more at link)

RNmomnFL
TES is supposed to be there tomorrow.
Prayers for Hayleigh...

Good that TES is coming. More prayers for the little cutie.

Whisperer
If reports are correct, the gf went to the bathroom and returned to find the child missing!

maiseyjane
02-10-2009, 08:48 PM
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090210/ARTICLES/902100984

This article and another article I read (but can't find right now), kind of make it sound like the girlfriend is the 17-year-old that they've been talking about. Not sure though, the details seem to very slightly in different articles I've seen about this case. I hope they are able to bring Haleigh home safely soon!

SuziQ
02-10-2009, 08:48 PM
A neighbor in the below linked video gave details on the search she's been watching. She said she watched the dogs go right to the end of the dock and LE have focused their search in the water ever since.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?maven_playerId=articleplayer&maven_referralPlaylistId=playlist&maven_referralObject=1029487341&maven_referrer=staf

frankieiiiieee
02-10-2009, 08:49 PM
children do get abducted from their homes...please lets not immediately blame the family! I'd really like to investigate this further this is real close to the area i live...

SewingDeb
02-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Where are we hearing that a 17 year old was sleeping in the room with Haleigh and a 2 year old? The articles I have read don't mention the 17 year old.

SuziQ
02-10-2009, 08:55 PM
children do get abducted from their homes...please lets not immediately blame the family! I'd really like to investigate this further this is real close to the area i live...

This just does not feel like a stranger abduction. Stranger abductions are rare. Foul play against a child under five years old is usually commited by a family member. Most likely a parent or significant other of the parent.

fabvab
02-10-2009, 08:58 PM

The girlfriend is only 17 and the father is 24. Isn't she considered a minor? He is 24 and they are not married. Can he be in any trouble due to their ages? I am not familiar with the laws there. Anyone know?

SuziQ
02-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Where are we hearing that a 17 year old was sleeping in the room with Haleigh and a 2 year old? The articles I have read don't mention the 17 year old.

Here ya go.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18680086/detail.html

EmMomma
02-10-2009, 09:01 PM

The girlfriend is only 17 and the father is 24. Isn't she considered a minor? He is 24 and they are not married. Can he be in any trouble due to their ages? I am not familiar with the laws there. Anyone know?

From Wikipedia:
Florida

The age of consent in Florida is 18, but close in age exemptions exist. By law, the exception permits an adult younger than 24 to engage in legal sexual activity with a minor aged 16 or 17.

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.-- (1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose Florida code, Title XLVI, Chapter 794

So, if this is accurate, I guess they make the cut off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America#Florida

fabvab
02-10-2009, 09:06 PM
From Wikipedia:
Florida

The age of consent in Florida is 18, but close in age exemptions exist. By law, the exception permits an adult younger than 24 to engage in legal sexual activity with a minor aged 16 or 17.

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.-- (1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose Florida code, Title XLVI, Chapter 794

So, if this is accurate, I guess they make the cut off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America#Florida

This says..."A person 24 years of age or older..." So...if Dad is 24...then he is breaking the law. Or am I interpreting this wrong...or is Dad younger than what I read.
Thanks for the info!

Shutterfly
02-10-2009, 09:08 PM
High temperature yesterday in Satsuma was 68. Overnight low was 41, according to The Weather Channel.

jnTexas
The girl friend is 19 I found her myspace and posted like on page two. Supposedly there was a cousin staying there that was 17.

EmMomma
This says..."A person 24 years of age or older..." So...if Dad is 24...then he is breaking the law. Or am I interpreting this wrong...or is Dad younger than what I read.
Thanks for the info!

Oh, you're right.
I didn't get the "or older" when I read it.
Sooo...I guess there could be trouble there, unless she is emancipated.
I wonder if having a child makes a difference.
DO we know for sure if the GF has a child?

fabvab
02-10-2009, 09:14 PM
The girl friend is 19 I found her myspace and posted like on page two. Supposedly there was a cousin staying there that was 17.

You can't go by the age posted on myspace...a lot of young kids lie and put other ages.

snipped from the above link:
Authorities said that the girlfriend, identified as Misty Croslin, 17, is helping "100 percent" with law enforcement. The same is true for Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, 24, who was at work Monday night when the girl went missing. He works for PDM Bridge, which builds steel girders for bridges.

jnTexas
02-10-2009, 09:18 PM
You can't go by the age posted on myspace...a lot of young kids lie and put other ages.

snipped from the above link:
Authorities said that the girlfriend, identified as Misty Croslin, 17, is helping "100 percent" with law enforcement. The same is true for Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, 24, who was at work Monday night when the girl went missing. He works for PDM Bridge, which builds steel girders for bridges.

I was thinkinng i read she was 19 in an article, but they all have conflicting stories in them. I surely hope she's not under age.

LeLe1953
02-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Oh, no! Not another one! LE needs to get this little girl's picture on national TV right away.

I hope and pray that Haleigh is found safe and sound.

This beautifuls little girl's picture is already up on TES's website. Let's keep the prayers going that this child is found fast & safe. I hope someone lets the family know there is a FLA TES group but I believe the family and or LE has to ask for their help.

EmMomma
02-10-2009, 09:20 PM
This beautifuls little girl's picture is already up on TES's website. Let's keep the prayers going that this child is found fast & safe. I hope someone lets the family know there is a FLA TES group but I believe the family and or LE has to ask for their help.

FL TES members have gotten email alerts already, from what I've heard.
I am hoping beyond hope that Hayleigh is found...

Soulscape
02-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Any possibility the girl's bio mother came & snatched her (or sent someone to do it)?

Thanks,
Soulscape

LeLe1953
02-10-2009, 09:21 PM

There is a large number of sex offenders that live in the area. I am pretty religous about locking my doors, even during the day, but esp at night & turning on our alarm system, but I forgot to lock one of the doors last wk & it is not the first time.

EmMomma
02-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Any possibility the girl's bio mother came & snatched her (or sent someone to do it)?

Thanks,
Soulscape

Hi, SS.
I guess anything is possible.
According to media, bio mom lives in St. Mary's, GA and was on her way to FL once Hayleigh was reported missing.

jnTexas
02-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Anybody know the first name of the bio mom?

fabvab
02-10-2009, 09:26 PM
I was thinkinng i read she was 19 in an article, but they all have conflicting stories in them. I surely hope she's not under age.
The first reports I read stated the gf as 19...now they are saying she is 17. Do you think they didn't know her age initially, and the reporters went off th myspace age? The details in the news stories sure haven't been consistent.
I hope she is 19...a 17 should be thinking about prom and graduation...not living with a 24 yr. old...in my opinion.

EmMomma
02-10-2009, 09:30 PM
The first reports I read stated the gf as 19...now they are saying she is 17. Do you think they didn't know her age initially, and the reporters went off th myspace age? The details in the news stories sure haven't been consistent.
I hope she is 19...a 17 should be thinking about prom and graduation...not living with a 24 yr. old...in my opinion.

There seems to be a good deal of inconsistencies with this story. I'm hoping it's bad reporting. Maybe we will have a clearer picture sometime soon...

LeLe1953
02-10-2009, 09:30 PM
FL TES members have gotten email alerts already, from what I've heard.
I am hoping beyond hope that Hayleigh is found...

Thank God. Let's keep this little one in our prayers.

jnTexas
02-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Well I found the boi moms myspace. If she is 23 that means she was 17 when haleigh was born. She has two other kids also. I'm thinking the 2 yr old is not her's.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=395122639

SuziQ
02-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Ok, so it appears the 17 yr old GF was trying to play older and put her age as 19 on Myspace. So she was the only one home with the kids last night?

EmMomma
02-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Well I found the boi moms myspace. If she is 23 that means she was 17 when haleigh was born. She has two other kids also. I'm thinking the 2 yr old is not her's.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=395122639

I think this was mentioned earlier, but media says she lives in GA. AND it's curious that there are so many pics of baby Chloe and so few of Hayleigh and her brother...maybe because the baby is the only one she has custody of? :waitasec:

jnTexas
02-10-2009, 09:45 PM
I think this was mentioned earlier, but media says she lives in GA. AND it's curious that there are so many pics of baby Chloe and so few of Hayleigh and her brother...maybe because the baby is the only one she has custody of? :waitasec:

That's what I was thinking also.
She has a comment under general information that made me sick:
Taking care of my baby girl Chloe and the other brats thats pretty much it!! Oh yeah and my grown up baby Chad!!

I so hope none of these parents are invovled.

Sleuthster
02-10-2009, 09:46 PM

I am curious why the moms bf/father of baby, Chad, is playing games on myspace this evening ie:Chad posted on her myspace that her bought her as his pet tonight.:waitasec:

He doesnt appear distraught. Her friend however posted right before him about Hayleigh missing.

Sleuthster
02-10-2009, 09:47 PM
That's what I was thinking also.
She has a comment under general information that made me sick:
Taking care of my baby girl Chloe and the other brats thats pretty much it!! Oh yeah and my grown up baby Chad!!

I so hope none of these parents are invovled.

Yes I saw that also.

jnTexas
02-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I am curious why the moms bf/father of baby, Chad, is playing games on myspace this evening ie:Chad posted on her myspace that her bought her as his pet tonight.:waitasec:

He doesnt appear distraught. Her friend however posted right before him about Hayleigh missing.

I don't play the pet game or any game on myspace. I'm hoping it's like someone sent him a message and clicking on it sent a message out.:eek:
His mood does say worried.

Sleuthster
02-10-2009, 09:58 PM
I don't play the pet game or any game on myspace. I'm hoping it's like someone sent him a message and clicking on it sent a message out.:eek:
His mood does say worried.

Hmmmm....worried about Hayleigh....worried about his pickup truck....worried can be about alot of things... I hope they find her soon alive, I hope that the family didnt have anything to do with this because it really makes me depressed all the cases out there right now that where domestic in nature involving missing children.

jnTexas
02-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Found this post on news4jax not sure how true it is....
I actually know someone who knows of this family and also lives close by, the 17 year old is the fathers girlfriend who put the child to bed and the 2 year old could be the 17 year olds child, the little girl has a 3 year old brother who has not been mentioned. the 5year old girl and 3 year old boy have the same mother, but the father has had custody of them for a while, not sure why..

So she is 17 ugh!! I'm betting with the crappie reporting on facts it will come out that just the 17 yr old girlfriend, Haleigh,, and the 3 yr old Brother were there. The facts in this case stink. Someone needs to make a statement and set the facts straight.

Shutterfly
02-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Still no word guys? Good grief, poor Haleigh. Come home safe precious honey. This is just awful.

Kimster
02-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Greta is about to discuss this case.

Kimster
02-10-2009, 10:32 PM
I heard the 911 call on Greta and the father was on the 911 call with the girlfriend.

Kimster
02-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Father and girlfriend are cooperating fully. Mother is cooperating. LE talking to 44 known offenders in the area. A 4 year old brother was in the home sleeping too. LE following up on several leads, but nothing jumping out at them. The child is not known to wander according to family members. (typed as heard on Greta)

jnTexas
02-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Father and girlfriend are cooperating fully. Mother is cooperating. LE talking to 44 known offenders in the area. A 4 year old brother was in the home sleeping too. LE following up on several leads, but nothing jumping out at them. The child is not known to wonder according to family members. (typed as heard on Greta)

have they said anything about a Cousin being there?

SuziQ
02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Thank you Kimster!

lawlady84
02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Doesn't look good to me :( I hope everyone down there is watching the news incase she really did wander and/or escaped from someone

Kimster
02-10-2009, 10:42 PM
have they said anything about a Cousin being there?

No. Greta asked if anyone was there other than the dad and gf and LE only mentioned the 4 year old brother.

Kimster
02-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Thank you Kimster!

You're welcome! :blowkiss:

I'm very worried about this precious little girl!

passionflower
02-10-2009, 10:51 PM
NO ONE I know would leave their door unlocked and go to bed! I do not leave any of my doors unlocked even during the day!

When my children were 3 years old it was hard to wake them up if they were sleeping. Especially in the middle of the night!

Something is not right here! I agree with you that it does not sound like a stranger abduction! I hope I am wrong as well, PattyCake.

Father came home at that time and said he looked in her room and she was gone and door was open?????:confused:

passionflower
02-10-2009, 10:57 PM
How many kids was the 19 year old gf raising? and a cousin was there? male/female?

Kimster
02-10-2009, 11:15 PM
How many kids was the 19 year old gf raising? and a cousin was there? male/female?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=130972&catid=17

I've been reading blogs and news releases and the reports vary. However, most tie in with what LE reported on Greta tonight that there was a 17 year old girlfriend at home with the little girl and her 4 year old brother. The brother was in the same room with Haleigh. There are conflicting reports as to where the girlfriend was at in the home.

I heard the 911 call on Greta and the gf and Haleigh's dad were both calling.

kellync
02-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Something is rotten in Denmark

Kimster
02-10-2009, 11:22 PM
<snipped>

SATSUMA — More than 130 searchers on land and in water scoured southern Putnam County Tuesday, unable to find a 5-year-old Satsuma girl who had gone missing from her bed.

While distraught family members and friends waited, officers from local and state agencies as well as the FBI looked for Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings, searching neighbors’ homes and any vehicles leaving the neighborhood on the east bank of the St. Johns River.

By late afternoon, there was still no sign of the blonde girl last seen wearing underwear and a pink shirt. Authorities said she was last seen about 10 p.m. Monday when she went to bed.

Investigators are not ruling out an abduction but have not made that a prime focus.

“At this point we’re not really sure,” said detective John Merchant of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office. “It could be an abduction. … We’re looking at it from all different angles.”

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-10/story/putnam_issues_missing_child_alert

tiredblondy
02-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Deju-vu this reminds me of the Jessica Lunsford case. I hope if they search these sex offenders homes the look in every closet!

shadow of my mind
02-10-2009, 11:27 PM
This is not good. I know that children have been found several days after they went missing, hungry, cold and banged up from tree branches and such but she would have had to walk out of the area with the homes to get into any deep woods from looking at the google map. It was dark outside so it was not like she could just take off a running and get to far away. How far can a five year old travel on foot at night with no real good idea of the area around her. A teenage would be a different story because they would be more aware of the area, quickest routes to a main road, places to hide etc.

If the father says she was scarred of dark then she didn't go out on her own and if she was in a room with another child how is that someone could get in and take only her out without anyone the other one hearing something.

I hope I'm wrong but I really don't have a good feeling about this.

kellync
02-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Deju-vu this reminds me of the Jessica Lunsford case. I hope if they search these sex offenders homes the look in every closet!
Gosh, I was gonna say the same thing, but I didnt want to even type it out. I think there is more to the 19/17 yr old caregiver than there was to poor Jessie Lunford's grandparents.
Too many young people,
too scattered around,
too many kids to manage.
Too many mouths to feed?????

EmMomma
02-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Gosh, I was gonna say the same thing, but I didnt want to even type it out. I think there is more to the 19/17 yr old caregiver than there was to poor Jessie Lunford's grandparents.
Too many young people,
too scattered around,
too many kids to manage.
Too many mouths to feed?????

Me, three. Jessica immediately came to my mind when I read about Haleigh.
I hope for a happy ending...the facts so far don't look so great. :(

SuziQ
02-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Jessica's case is in the back of my mind as well. And there are alot of SO's in the area. According to the neighbor they woke people up and searched inside their houses. I hope it was a complete search. I'm still stuck on the neighbors account of the search dogs going straight to the end of the doc and that prompting the search of the water.

kellync
02-10-2009, 11:38 PM
I couldnt sleep in my bed, with a child next to me and not hear her get up and go out the door. NO WAY. I am not a light or heavy sleeper, I just sleep. Maybe if I was under the influence of alcohol, maybe, but I wouldnt be with my child there...A trailer, that trailer makes noise when you walk, I'm sure. A 17/19 year old would think her beloved is home, and get her buns up to see...

kellync
02-10-2009, 11:40 PM
I need to stop. If they find that child in the water, I will have the worst guilty conscience. I hate to draw conclusions, but I feel like something isn't right here....Maybe it is just the age of the girl, and the fact that she is responsible for these young kids....

Busylady
02-10-2009, 11:52 PM
This all doesnt sound good, praying this little girl is found safe!

SeriouslySearching
02-11-2009, 12:00 AM
It is difficult to know what to think on this one. If the father has an alibi from work until after she was found to be missing, he is pretty much in the clear. The girlfriend on the other hand has no alibi here since she was alone with the children.

Did I understand it correctly that they waited 45 minutes before they called 911 together? Did the girlfriend call the father at work immediately when she found the girl missing?

The girlfriend claims that the door was unlocked and when the father gets home he said the door was open? (It was also stated the father said the door had been forced open, but LE seems to deny this.)

The dogs going to the end of the dock is very troubling to me, too. Two possible scenarios: She went into the water (involuntarily/accidently) or someone took her onto a boat.

Kimster
02-11-2009, 12:22 AM
I am also concerned about the dogs going to the dock!!! I'm going to continue sleuthing again now...had to stop for awhile.

shadow of my mind
02-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Does anyone know how far this dock is from the home? I still have trouble thinking a 5 year old, alone at night would be able to travel to far without becoming so frightened that they would just not sit down and start crying. Especially if it is true that she is afraid of the dark. Daytime, yes I could very well see a little one just wondering about and be able to get a good distance from the home. At night?

mae
02-11-2009, 12:37 AM
When he walked into the Green Lane mobile home, Cummings said the rear door was open and his girlfriend was up, frantic that Haleigh was missing. The two had been sleeping in the same bed.

What? She was "frantic" the child was missing and did not call 911?! For how long?

I cannot imagine what else I do besides panic, call 911 and start searching.

Amster
02-11-2009, 12:43 AM
The dad says someone took his daughter out of his bed....was the gf sleeping with the 2 kids?? Or, did she put the kids to bed and stay up waiting for dad to get home?? Or, is she saying that someone took Haleigh out of bed with her and she didn't wake up??

Kimster
02-11-2009, 12:47 AM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/news-article.aspx?storyid=131043

SATSUMA, FL -- As the last few hours of searching wind down, a helicopter equipped with infrared does its last few sweeps looking for any signs of Haleigh Cummings

"This is my heart and somebody stole my heart from me," says Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings.

Detectives say they are covering all bases, from interviewing sex offenders and predators, to searching with blood hounds. Still, no leads have surfaced as to what actually happened with Haleigh.

"We don't where Haleigh's at. We have no suspect, information, we're not focusing on any person of interest now. It is truly a who-done-it. That means whether it's an abduction, or homicide, or if she wandered off ," says Major Gary Bowling with the Putnam Co. Sheriff's Office.

tfrohning
02-11-2009, 12:56 AM
I felt the same way when it came over HLN during Caylee memorial.
I hear that she was in bed with a two years old and Haleigh.
You mean to tell me someone came in the room and took this child out bed.
My grandson when he spent the night sleep in a room next to mind and i wake up when i hear his little feet hit the floor. I hope we are wrong. but something is not right.

shadow of my mind
02-11-2009, 12:57 AM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/news-article.aspx?storyid=131043

sniped for space and bolded by me

Investigators say there are 44 sexual offenders that live within the five square mile search area.

OMG 44 in a five square mile. How can that be? I'm speechless. My town has about 12, too many for my taste and it is aboat 3 square miles in size but that is a really high number.

SuziQ
02-11-2009, 12:58 AM
I'm bumping up the below map posted earlier. I don't know where the actual home Haleigh went missing from is though. You can see the water and docks. I wish it was more clear on who was sleeping with whom, etc.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=river+villa+satsuma+florida&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=20.902146,35.859375&ie=UTF8&ll=29.575808,-81.67305&spn=0.01116,0.033817&t=h&z=15

Map of their mobile home cummunity..

tfrohning
02-11-2009, 12:58 AM

I felt the same way when it came over HLN during Caylee memorial.
I hear that she was in bed with a two years old and Haleigh.
You mean to tell me someone came in the room and took this child out bed.
My grandson when he spent the night sleep in a room next to mind and i wake up when i hear his little feet hit the floor. I hope we are wrong. but something is not right.

tfrohning
02-11-2009, 01:09 AM
I am going to bed and praying that this not another child missing and dead. My heart goes out to state of flordia. Is this not second child missing I had not heard anything about the little boys that was missing a couple weeks ago.

sc2714
02-11-2009, 01:09 AM
I looked at that google map with the Street View. The trailers in that community are actually nice looking. Probably not what most of us think of when we think of trailers. I believe those kind of trailers are pretty spacious.

MomofBoys
02-11-2009, 01:18 AM
What? She was "frantic" the child was missing and did not call 911?! For how long?

I cannot imagine what else I do besides panic, call 911 and start searching.

I'm trying hard to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I can see waking up in a daze, noticing one of my boys is gone, and having my initial reaction be of a panicky kind of bewilderment. Checking under furniture, in closets, running down the block... as much as I follow these cases closely, I'm not sure most of us are wired to jump to the worst possible conclusion, whether it be because of naivete or denial. The old cliche that you just can't imagine it'd happen to you.

Still, it's hard to reconcile a 45 minute gap. Do we know for sure it was 45 minutes, or are we just getting conflicting information?

The dogs on the dock is a very bad sign indeed, but how on earth could a five year old, afraid of the dark, walk out there and just blindly walk off a pier? She's five, not two, and it was cold. And if she was abducted by boat (always a possibility here in Florida) then it would make a random stranger abduction unlikely.

I can see the girlfriend hearing noises and chalking it up to daddy coming home. Maybe she thought, again in a stupor, that Haleigh got up to greet her father and the GF just rolled over and went back to sleep. But there are too many inconsistencies and the whole time thing is hedgy.

There are too many variables for a stranger abduction, I think. Too many points where it could have gone wrong. Disappearing right before dad gets home? Not one of the three-five people in the house alerting to a child being taken out of a bed in the same room? That child being dragged through rows of mobile homes and taken (very potentially) to the end of a dock where...what? A boat was waiting? She was randomly cast into the river?

It just seems like someone would have noticed something.

I pray for this little girl. My gut instinct tells me this has something to do with the biological mom or someone associated with her, but that's based on nothing but my initial reaction. Upon seeing the Amber Alert, it was immediate.

Kimster
02-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Does anyone know how far this dock is from the home? I still have trouble thinking a 5 year old, alone at night would be able to travel to far without becoming so frightened that they would just not sit down and start crying. Especially if it is true that she is afraid of the dark. Daytime, yes I could very well see a little one just wondering about and be able to get a good distance from the home. At night?

I just Google-earthed the address and to me, it seems like quite a walk for a little girl in the middle of the night! Especially when her dad says she is afraid of the dark!

202 green lane, satsuma, florida

shadow of my mind
02-11-2009, 01:22 AM
Those docks are not a huge distance away but I still think a little too far for a 5 year old to wonder to in the dark. I would think that even if she got out of bed and went outside on her own that at some point she would become scared and start to cry. No one heard this child in the middle of night? A dog barking as she passed by them? These homes are not anywhere near a city, no excess street noise. I would doubt any traffic to speak of to cover the sound of a little person crying.

SuziQ
02-11-2009, 01:24 AM
I looked at that google map with the Street View. The trailers in that community are actually nice looking. Probably not what most of us think of when we think of trailers. I believe those kind of trailers are pretty spacious.

They do look like prefab homes. And it does look like a decent area.

Kimster
02-11-2009, 01:27 AM
OMG 44 in a five square mile. How can that be? I'm speechless. My town has about 12, too many for my taste and it is aboat 3 square miles in size but that is a really high number.

According to the internet, we have ZERO sex offenders in my small town! Why the draw to Florida, for heaven's sake?

SuziQ
02-11-2009, 01:29 AM
I just Google-earthed the address and to me, it seems like quite a walk for a little girl in the middle of the night! Especially when her dad says she is afraid of the dark!

202 green lane, satsuma, florida

Thanks for the addy! Below is a link to a map of the location. ITA, it would be too far and too dark for a five year old to wander off. Too many trees and stuff. It would be scary.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=202+green+lane,+satsuma,+florida&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=48.50801,79.101563&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17

SuziQ
02-11-2009, 01:35 AM
The community is a bit off and isolated from the town. Any SO's actually live in the park? If not, I wouldn't peg it as place they'd drive to and risk getting noticed. Too far for a perp to kidnap a child and walk back to a boat without being seen or heard.

Hoosiermom
02-11-2009, 01:42 AM
I wonder if Nancy Grace will be able to pronounce her name correctly? (Haleigh, caylee) Not making light of Haleigh gone missing for sure!

Whisperer
02-11-2009, 02:01 AM
She is a very tiny 5 and half yr old. She is the size of Caylee. Gosh she could be in so many places...dear God.

Kimster
02-11-2009, 02:05 AM
<snipped>

CALLER: I just woke up and my back door was all open and I can't find my daughter.

DISPATCH: Can't find what?

CALLER: My daughter.

DISPATCH:Ok. When did you last see her?

CALLER: Um, we just like, you know, it was about 10 o'clock. She was sleeping (inaudible).

DISPATCH: Ok. How old is your daughter?

CALLER: She's 5.

Haleigh's father and grandmother are pleading for the safe return of their little girl. The 5-year-old girl is described as having blond hair and brown eyes, is 3 feet tall and weighs 39 pounds.

DISPATCH: OK. What was she last seen wearing, Ma'am?

CALLER: She was in her pajamas. We were sleeping.

DISPATCH: OK. Alright, you said your back door was wide open?

CALLER: Yes, with a brick. Like, there was a brick on the floor. Like, when I went to sleep the door was not like that.

DISPATCH: Was your back door locked do you know?

CALLER: Yes. The back door always stays locked.

FATHER: I just got home from work, my 5-year-old daughter is gone. I need someone to be here now. I'm telling you. If I find whoever has my daughter before you all do, I'm killing him. I don't care. I'll spend the rest of my life in prison.

DISPATCH: It's OK sir, we got them on the way. Can you give me a description of the pajamas she was wearing?

FATHER: I don't (expletive) know I was at work.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18686639/detail.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
02-11-2009, 02:21 AM
That 911 call is heartbreaking.

shadow of my mind
02-11-2009, 02:24 AM
According to the internet, we have ZERO sex offenders in my small town! Why the draw to Florida, for heaven's sake?

I know for my town it's a lot has to do with the location. We are right on the border of another state but also right between two very very large cities that are within a couple of hours drive and we are basically small but once outside you are in the country. The area is not super expensive to live in so I guess that having an area that is more on the high end for rent would not be conducive to someone who is just getting out of jail and doesn't have much money.
Florida, I don't know why. The weather is nice all year. If you don't have a place to live you won't freeze to death outside in the winter like where I am. Don't know those are just the first things that came to mind.

BOTLOF
02-11-2009, 04:28 AM
http://beonthelookoutfor.com/kiosk/display2.php?id=303
HALEIGH CUMMINGS
Date of Birth: August 17, 2003
Endangered Missing
HALEIGH CUMMINGS is a 5 year old white female with brown eyes and blonde hair. She weighs 39 lbs (18 kg) and is 3'0 (91 cm) in height.

She has been missing since Tue, February 10, 2009 (1 days) from SATSUMA, FL.
Please notify Putnam County Sheriff's Office (Florida) 1-386-329-0801 if you have any information concerning the case of HALEIGH CUMMINGS.
Further information: Haleigh was last seen on February 10, 2009. She may still be in the local area. Haleigh was last seen wearing a pink shirt and underwear. Her ears are pierced.

http://beonthelookoutfor.com/modules.php?name=missing&idd=303

impatientredhead
02-11-2009, 06:40 AM
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/11/news/news01.txt (http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/11/news/news01.txt)

Haleigh wasn't in bed. The back door of a blue doublewide mobile home was open, and a blanket and sheets were scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door.

Authorities said they were told Haleigh's father, Ronald, had just ended his shift at PDM Bridge in Palatka. His girlfriend, Misty Croslin, said she had been sleeping next to Haleigh, but when she awoke, the blonde-haired girl was gone.

"She was sleeping right next to me," Croslin told the Daily News while distributing flyers bearing Haleigh's photo. "I can't believe I didn't hear anything."

bolded by me, so a silent intruder who was not noted by the neighbors in a one way in and out neighborhood, came into the room where 17 year old stepmom and Haleigh were sleeping. This silent intruder not only kept Haleigh silent, didn't wake Misty when taking her, but he also managed to take the blanket and sheet with him, still not disturbing Misty, dropping them outside the door as he silently and invisibly dissappeared into the night? Either this kidnapper has the skills only seen in movies or Misty is the deepest sleeper ever noted.

MOO- but the door and the blanket/sheet thing is a staging attempt, and as in most cases the details just don't come together neatly.

And it has been making me batty that the neighbors were approached by the police to be asked if they saw anything. If your five year old was snatched out of her bed, wouldn't one of the two parents be out frantically searching and waking the neighbors to see if they saw anything? I can promise you my neighbors wouldn't need a knock on their door, they would have been outside aware of the EMERGENCY situation when the cops arrived.

SeriouslySearching
02-11-2009, 07:01 AM
Either he is a great actor or he is very sincere. (This is how I would expect a parent and grandparent to react.) One thing I find odd is not seeing his gf in the clip pleading for the return. This bothers me.

I don't understand about the brick which is mentioned in the 911 call. It sounds as if a brick was found inside the house by the door. Where did it come from? What was the purpose if there was no forced entry into the home? Even if there was forced entry, a brick makes no sense without a window being broken unless it was used to prop open the door for some reason.

Oh, I just read about the sheet and blanket. I thought the other child was in bed with them, too? I don't see any way possible one of them didn't wake up when someone rips a child out of the bed along with your sheet and blanket! So GF didn't notice the child, the sheet, the blanket, a brick, and the backdoor being open when she got up to go to the bathroom? Only upon her return did she notice? It isn't likely someone timed it just right to sneak in while she was in the bathroom. Why would they wait until someone was obviously awake to take her?

Yes, sounds like it was staged. Too many things are not making any sense.

The gf had from the time he went to work until he arrived home with no alibi that we know of yet. She was the last person to see Haleigh besides the little boy. They should have someone qualified interview him. Even at 2, 3, or 4 years old (seems the news cannot pin down his age), he could have information.

There is no way I can believe a 5 yo who is afraid of the dark would wander outside taking the sheet and blanket with her.

This case has some similarities of the Lunsford case, but we know she was alone in a room which enabled Couey to pull it off.

Gypsy Road
02-11-2009, 07:21 AM
I don't know, but I live in North Florida in Pcola and did a 5 mile radius search and there was over 40 last time I checked! And I live near downtown! When I saw it I told my husband I wanted to MOVE! Now I'm always watching my back - seriously, I am.

My hinky meter is up with this one for some reason. Can't put my finger on it. I hope to goodness this little girl is okay, but what in the world happened to her? I know tragically children get abducted from their beds every once in awhile, but with that many sex offenders living in the area - why didn't the girlfriend keep the freaking door locked!!! FGS! No matter where you live - YOU SHOULD ALWAYS KEEP YOUR DOORS LOCKED! I do hope and pray this child is found and that she's unharmed and safe.

CharlestonGal
02-11-2009, 07:52 AM
I wonder if they've polygraphed the father and girlfriend?

MeoW333
02-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Either he is a great actor or he is very sincere. (This is how I would expect a parent and grandparent to react.) One thing I find odd is not seeing his gf in the clip pleading for the return. This bothers me.

I don't understand about the brick which is mentioned in the 911 call. It sounds as if a brick was found inside the house by the door. Where did it come from? What was the purpose if there was no forced entry into the home? Even if there was forced entry, a brick makes no sense without a window being broken unless it was used to prop open the door for some reason.

Oh, I just read about the sheet and blanket. I thought the other child was in bed with them, too? I don't see any way possible one of them didn't wake up when someone rips a child out of the bed along with your sheet and blanket! So GF didn't notice the child, the sheet, the blanket, a brick, and the backdoor being open when she got up to go to the bathroom? Only upon her return did she notice? It isn't likely someone timed it just right to sneak in while she was in the bathroom. Why would they wait until someone was obviously awake to take her?

Yes, sounds like it was staged. Too many things are not making any sense.

The gf had from the time he went to work until he arrived home with no alibi that we know of yet. She was the last person to see Haleigh besides the little boy. They should have someone qualified interview him. Even at 4, he could have information.

There is no way I can believe a 5 yo who is afraid of the dark would wander outside taking the sheet and blanket with her.

This case has some similarities of the Lunsford case, but we know she was alone in a room which enabled Couey to pull it off.

Sounds like the brick was left there to keep the door propped open. I don't understand how the gf didn't hear anything from the bathroom. I'm sure it was real quiet there that time of night. Did they have carpets through out the trailer? The gf is 17 years old, maybe she was on drugs or had been drinking which would dull her senses. If someone was watching the trailer, then saw the bathroom light go on to know the gf was in there, then ran in and grabbed the girl? It doesn't make sense, it's awfully bold for a stranger to run in a house. The person wouldn't know if the owners had guns there or not.
How long was the gf in the bathroom? What was she doing in there? Why on earth didn't she hear anything?

CharlestonGal
02-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Bio-mom has logged onto her MS today and changed the profile picture to Haleigh and changed her mood to "heartbroken." She doesn't say anything about Haleigh being missing or appealing to anyone to bring her back. Just changed the picture and the mood. Is it just me or am I the only person on earth who wouldn't be hanging out on MySpace when my child was missing? I've never understood that.

fran
02-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Wow, I hope they find this poor little girl. It's scary the way someone can just sneak into your house while you're asleep and take one of your children. We've seen this happen over and over.

I wouldn't put too much stock into the fact that the father was making the plea for the child's safe return and not his g/f. The g/f is only 17 and probably at her wits end. I couldn't listen to it, but I did see an article that spoke about how emotional the g/f was when she called the 911 operator.

Prayers for this child's safe return.

JMHO
fran

PS...probably not related, but did you see two middle school boys disappeared near there a few years ago? They were last seen at school. Never been found. Same day, Feb 10, four years ago.

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/A-Pain-They-Know-All-Too-Well/NtT_uqN0lE-ZNyUOOErQaQ.cspx?rss=10

................snip............... The fear Haleigh Cummings’ family is dealing with is the same thing two Jacksonville families felt four years ago. It was on February 10, 2005 that two boys,...............snip...........

keeponsearching
02-11-2009, 08:08 AM
I wonder if the g/f didnt hear anything because the heat was on? I remember going in trailers with the vents that would blow air and it would be loud. I think I read it was in the 40s at night? So maybe thats why she didnt hear anything.

I hope Haleigh is home safe and sound soon.

DBinMA
02-11-2009, 08:08 AM
I have no desire really to come to anyone's defense without knowing all of the details but teenagers can sleep through world wars. I once slept through a burglar alarm inches from my head that would probably deafen me today. It wasn't until I had my babies that I became a light sleeper and developed that "sense" that moms have.

MeoW333
02-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Wow, I hope they find this poor little girl. It's scary the way someone can just sneak into your house while you're asleep and take one of your children. We've seen this happen over and over.

I wouldn't put too much stock into the fact that the father was making the plea for the child's safe return and not his g/f. The g/f is only 17 and probably at her wits end. I couldn't listen to it, but I did see an article that spoke about how emotional the g/f was when she called the 911 operator.

Prayers for this child's safe return.

JMHO
fran

PS...probably not related, but did you see two middle school boys disappeared near there a few years ago? They were last seen at school. Never been found. Same day, Feb 10, four years ago.

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/A-Pain-They-Know-All-Too-Well/NtT_uqN0lE-ZNyUOOErQaQ.cspx?rss=10

................snip............... The fear Haleigh Cummings’ family is dealing with is the same thing two Jacksonville families felt four years ago. It was on February 10, 2005 that two boys,...............snip...........

OMG! Fran, i remember reading about that case. The same day too.. :eek:

MeoW333
02-11-2009, 08:13 AM
I wonder if the g/f didnt hear anything because the heat was on? I remember going in trailers with the vents that would blow air and it would be loud. I think I read it was in the 40s at night? So maybe thats why she didnt hear anything.

I hope Haleigh is home safe and sound soon.

I lived in a trailer for a bit with my sister and her kids. It was a double wide, also. It would be very silent, then when the vents kicked on it would made it harder to hear. When the vents weren't on i could hear in talking in the next room (not clear, still could hear it though).
I wonder how their trailer was set up. They said it's a double wide. They have the 2 bedrooms and a bathroom at the far end of a hallway on one side, then the living room in the middle where you'd enter, then kitchen, then master bedroom and bath. I'm not sure if all double wides follow the same layout or not. The back door of ours was right off the kitchen near the master bedroom. The front door was about 10 feet away off the living room..

MeoW333
02-11-2009, 08:14 AM
Is there anywhere that says where the gf and girl had been sleeping? If they were in the master bedroom (some have a bathroom in there) and the gf was in there with the fan on (turn on the light/fan?) and then someone came in and took the girl brought her right out through the back door which is off the kitchen?

keeponsearching
02-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Maybe. If this is the case, than it would be someone who knows about trailers, the heating systems and maybe this girl gets up to pee the same time every night( i do), maybe she hears the heat turn on and it wakes her.. and whoever it is has been watching, maybe near by.... for some time. Knows the daddy goes to work. Maybe they had a boat waiting.. I dont know. ITs so sad when this happens. It doesnt matter anymore if you lock your doors, if someone wants in they will get in.

SeriouslySearching
02-11-2009, 08:25 AM
I wish someone would get this story straight. I have seen so many conflicting reports already. Is the little boy 2yo, 3yo, or 4yo?!

Haleigh was last seen in her Satsuma home on Green Lane with her 2-year-old brother and her father's 17-year-old girlfriend.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18686639/detail.html#

The little girl’s father, Ronald Cummings, 25, said he believes his daughter was abducted. His girlfriend and his 3-year-old son were home when he arrived from work about 3 a.m.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/c...ng_child_alert

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=130972&catid=17

I've been reading blogs and news releases and the reports vary. However, most tie in with what LE reported on Greta tonight that there was a 17 year old girlfriend at home with the little girl and her 4 year old brother. The brother was in the same room with Haleigh. There are conflicting reports as to where the girlfriend was at in the home.

I heard the 911 call on Greta and the gf and Haleigh's dad were both calling.

CharlestonGal
02-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Audio of 911 Call.

http://www.news4jax.com/download/2009/0211/18686377.mp3

Beyond Belief
02-11-2009, 08:36 AM
I wonder if she usually wakes up when she hears her dad come home in the middle of the night OR if she heard someone at the door, thinking it was her dad she went to the door.
What is the boating situation where the dock is? Is it easy access by boat? The brick? Is that something that is always there or was it brought to the scene? Possibly going to be used to break a window for maybe a robbery but the child interrupted the perp? Whats the drug activity in that area?

SeriouslySearching
02-11-2009, 08:45 AM
It is possible since she was sleeping with the gf that she does wake up when her dad comes home unless it is normal for her to remain in bed with both of them.

The brick has me stumped.

Beyond Belief
02-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Is it really possible to get fingerprints from the brick?

Angel Who Cares
02-11-2009, 08:51 AM
LIVE News Crew Web cam in Satsuma.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/subindex/web_cams/mobile_cam_1

I'm so saddened about another missing child. I agree that the father & his girlfriend need & should be given poly's. At least it's not like Caylee's case and was reported early. It's not sounding good. I was hoping the real mother came & took her but she was in a different state. I hope she is found safe.

:praying: for Haleigh!

CharlestonGal
02-11-2009, 08:53 AM
It is possible since she was sleeping with the gf that she does wake up when her dad comes home unless it is normal for her to remain in bed with both of them.

The brick has me stumped.

If it was an intruder, maybe he/she brought the brick along to bash the gf over the head if she offered resistance to the abduction of the child? Then he/she didn't need it for that purpose, so left it by the door along with the blanket and sheets in order to better carry the child???

Angel Who Cares
02-11-2009, 08:54 AM
I wish someone would get this story straight. I have seen so many conflicting reports already. Is the little boy 2yo, 3yo, or 4yo?!

Haleigh was last seen in her Satsuma home on Green Lane with her 2-year-old brother and her father's 17-year-old girlfriend.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18686639/detail.html#

The little girl’s father, Ronald Cummings, 25, said he believes his daughter was abducted. His girlfriend and his 3-year-old son were home when he arrived from work about 3 a.m.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/c...ng_child_alert

The Fox report is saying she is 5:
FATHER: I just got home from work, my 5-year-old daughter is gone. I need someone to be here now. I'm telling you. If I find whoever has my daughter before you all do, I'm killing him. I don't care. I'll spend the rest of my life in prison.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18680713/detail.html

Then I was listening to FOX live news this morning & the grandmother said 6yr old..??? They will be holding candlelight vigils every night until she is found the news report said from FOX.

cjk2009
02-11-2009, 08:58 AM
I wonder if she usually wakes up when she hears her dad come home in the middle of the night OR if she heard someone at the door, thinking it was her dad she went to the door.
What is the boating situation where the dock is? Is it easy access by boat? The brick? Is that something that is always there or was it brought to the scene? Possibly going to be used to break a window for maybe a robbery but the child interrupted the perp? Whats the drug activity in that area?

Bolded by me.

I wonder if there are any marinas/boat shops in the area and whether they can figure out who the last people were to rent/buy boats from there. That's if they confirm somehow that she was abducted and taken away by boat.

I dunno.... there's so much under wraps about this case I don't know who to suspect. It could be the g/f, but it could also be an intruder.

About to listen to the 911 call now. I hope this girl is found alive. These kinds of cases break my heart. :(

SeriouslySearching
02-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Yes, she is 5 years old, but how old is the brother? He could be a possible witness to what happened.

Angel Who Cares
02-11-2009, 09:00 AM

I was thinking the same thing as you! Does anyone know being a brick is rough in texture? I am thinking that it is possible but might not be the best print depending on the type of brick it is. Some are smoother than others where others are more rough in texture. I hope they find this pretty little girl but I'm very suspicious of the GF. How could she not wake up if she was in the same room & bed as Haleigh? Did she get mad at her frustrated for some reason & did something wrong & is afraid to tell the truth?

CharlestonGal
02-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Yes, she is 5 years old, but how old is the brother? He could be a possible witness to what happened.

I think he might be 3. Haleigh's bio-mom's MS lists a 3 year old boy, Ronald, which is the father's name as well. I think this may be the other child who was in the house.

Beyond Belief
02-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Just wonder abt abductor. Twice now the missing child (JL and SG) were being watched by perp, wondering if this is same type of thing.

Angel Who Cares
02-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Search Continues For Missing Girl: VIDEO
http://www.wesh.com/video/18688249/index.html
More videos included in updated article:
Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/18681356/detail.html

Sorry if this was posted already!

SeriouslySearching
02-11-2009, 09:07 AM
The first thing I hope they are doing is testing the brick, sheet (s), and blanket for anything and everything.

One of my first thoughts upon hearing about the sheet and blanket being outside was if the girl had an "accident" in the bed which angered the gf.

The conflicting stories between the father and LE about signs of forced entry really bother me, too. Were there signs or not?!

EmMomma
02-11-2009, 09:08 AM
I was really hoping I'd log onto WS this morning to read that they found Haleigh. :(

I have to agree with the poster that commented about teenagers sleeping. I slept like a log until I had my DD.

WHY can't they pin down the brother's age?! There is a HUGE difference between 2 and 5 and how well he could communicate IF he saw something.

The brick and the sheets have me :waitasec:. MAYBE the brick was to be used as a weapon...or maybe the "intruder" thought he may need it to get into the house...dropped it once he was inside...? As for the sheets, I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around someone stealing a child and blankets from a bed without waking the other 2 people sleeping in the bed...

This is very sad and frustrating...I hope that Haleigh is returned to her family.

Sleuthster
02-11-2009, 09:09 AM

According to this website, yes.

http://onin.com/fp/wwwbd/messages/4/1448.html?1168598859

Any surface that is about as smooth as the miniature corrugated cardboard type ridges on your fingers can potentially bear identifiable latent fingerprints... and the flexibility of the finger skin can often also conform to relatively rough surfaces such as imitation leather dashboards. Fingerprints from crime scenes have been identified on papers, cigarettes, fruit, crumpled aluminum cans, plastic garbage bags, bed sheets, dead bodies (prints on bodies are usually contaminated prints involving body fluids, lipstick or some other substance transferred via the suspect's fingers), and thousands of other surfaces. Fingerprints on paper, cardboard and unfinished wood can last for up to forty years (per actual casework histories) unless exposed to water (and contaminate transfer prints can even then sometimes persist). Fingerprints on non-porous surfaces such as plastic, metal and glass can last for years if not exposed to water and if left undisturbed.

EmMomma
02-11-2009, 09:09 AM
The first thing I hope they are doing is testing the brick, sheet (s), and blanket for anything and everything.

The conflicting stories between the father and LE about signs of forced entry really bother me, too. Were there signs or not?!

ITA. Either...the house was broken into...or it wasn't. No room for interpretation there, IMO.

Angel Who Cares
02-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Just wonder abt abductor. Twice now the missing child (JL and SG) were being watched by perp, wondering if this is same type of thing.

Though I have suspicion about the GF...hasn't there been a recent rash in the area of attempted kidnappings of kids in the last recent weeks? Besides the rape in the Orlando area. You could be on to a possible lead Beyond Belief. Your theory of needs to be looked into & compared to the earlier reports in the surronding areas of FL.

Sleuthster
02-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Bricks are common around mobile homes, they are used as ornimental borders for flower boxes, they are also used around the underside of a mobile home.

This brick in particular may have been used to prop the door open either by Hayleigh's family or someone who took her out of the door. Just sayin, could have been proped to "carry" someone out.

SeriouslySearching
Did anyone notice the grandmother was wearing an LE jacket or sweater?

jat
In one article is said she was a sibling. I'm doubting it's the girlfriend and father's child since on 9/11/08 the girfriend had a myspace status of single and it looks like she just started her myspace at that time (no friend except Tom). I would assume from that article the 2 yr old has the same parents as Haleigh.

Here is the myspace page hope it is okay to post it:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=412920159

there's not much on the myspace. I couldn't find one for the Dad.

Myspace defaults to single. If she only has Tom as a friend, she probably just as the defaulted the page. Single 6 months ago means nothing.

drumstick
02-11-2009, 09:16 AM
I don't know if I have the stomach for this again but here we go...

Coralrose Fullwood and Jessica Lunsford were abducted in the same way.

Trenton Duckett (slashed bedroom screen) has never been found.

Unlike little Adji in Immokalee, Fl who was last seen outside his home, 5 year old Haleigh Cummins was in her own bed.

The State of Florida has a long history of child killers.
Some of these come to mind.......

Eryn Allegra (Tristan Allegra, 8)

Dennis Creamer (Haleigh Marie Cain, 2)

Patrick Dewayne Murphy (Coralrose Fullwood, 6)

David Onstott (Sarah Lunde, 13)

Thomas Ludwig (Diella Ludwig, 2 mths.)

John Couey (Jessica Lunsford, 9)

Joseph P. Smith (Carlie Brucia, 11)

~

Sleuthster
02-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Did anyone notice the grandmother was wearing an LE jacket or sweater?

No, could work for LE or could have been cold and LE let her wear jacket. Do they do this?

passionflower
02-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Bio-mom has logged onto her MS today and changed the profile picture to Haleigh and changed her mood to "heartbroken." She doesn't say anything about Haleigh being missing or appealing to anyone to bring her back. Just changed the picture and the mood. Is it just me or am I the only person on earth who wouldn't be hanging out on MySpace when my child was missing? I've never understood that.

That is the last place I would go unless I was pleading for help and putting my baby's face out there and contacting TES and LP......anyone for help!
Esp. Mark K since the same thing happened to him!

Maybe I am stupid but most outside trailer, double wide doors open OUT not IN. I have one as my cottage and it has a sliding door and a back door that opens out. Even the sunporch door opens OUT not in........for fires???

SeriouslySearching
02-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Out of those...how many were in bed with an "adult"?

Sleuthster
02-11-2009, 09:24 AM

Well I am still floored that yesterday evening "Chad" bought her on myspace (see comments on her myspace). For those who are not familiar with myspace there are SEVERAL games you can play on there with other members, mafia wars, pirate games, etc. One of the games is where you buy your friends and can put comments for others to see.

Anyways, point is, if I was my stepchild/GF child,whatever, I would do more then change my mood to worried and then proceed to go on myspace and buy people. I would be more like distraught and out with the mom searching or calling people or freaking out or freaking doing anything but playing games on myspace. IMO of course.

CharlestonGal
02-11-2009, 09:25 AM

I'm having trouble with that, too. I mean, how does someone steal a 5 year old child who is sleeping in the same bed with an adult?

I wonder if the 17 year old gf was in the habit of having male visitors while the father was at work at night?

passionflower
02-11-2009, 09:28 AM
What was the temp last night at 3 am in the area?
Would the furnace be on? A breeze from open door?
How close is the back door from the bedroom?
Someone knew the house well enough to go in and out.
What kind of friends did gf have?
Just racking my brain, sorry........

drumstick
02-11-2009, 09:34 AM

good point....

~

Sprout
Is there anything new to report?

passionflower
I'm having trouble with that, too. I mean, how does someone steal a 5 year old child who is sleeping in the same bed with an adult?

I wonder if the 17 year old gf was in the habit of having male visitors while the father was at work at night?

I'm glad you wrote that, I was thinking the same thing about gf friends (male).
At that age 7 years 17-24 is a big difference.......after 21 it is not a big deal.
Was gf sick of being tied down with kids? Started having other friends?
Other guys thought she was hot, but wanted the baby? This is another nightmare.
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse with CAYLEE, something wierd happened again........never stops.....:banghead:

Gummishoe
02-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Ok just a thought, Caylee and Haleigh are these names sounding the same?
Another awful thought is that a 17 year old as a step mother, I cannot fathom this in my mind, although she may be mature, I just find this whole matter very suspicious.

I just hope this is not copy cat incident....
:hand:

MeoW333
02-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Can they determine where the brick came from yet? Was it already there or did the perp bring it from nearby?
Sometimes doors can be squeaky and if she abducted then the perp would want to make as little noise as possible. Maybe that's why the door was propped open with the brick. Maybe it was a squeaky door.
Also the kidnapper would be carrying the child, he'd want the door open to get out quickly since while holding the child, his arms wouldn't be free and i think that's where the brick comes in..

Kat
02-11-2009, 09:40 AM
I would like to look at bio-moms myspace please? TIA for a link.

SeriouslySearching
02-11-2009, 09:44 AM
The temperature was in the mid 40s-low 50s and it was overcast.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KSGJ/2009/2/10/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Satsuma&req_state=FL&req_statename=Florida

MeoW333
02-11-2009, 09:45 AM
I'll look for the link, Kat, the bio mom's name is Crystal Sheffield.

"Haleigh’s mother, Crystal Sheffield, 23, of Glen St. Mary, arrived in mid-morning with her mother. Marie Griffis said her daughter and Cummings have not been together for about three years but were not at odds. She said Haleigh visited them in Baker County every other weekend. Her daughter and Cummings have a 3-year-old son, Ronald Jr., who was taken to other relatives Tuesday."

SeriouslySearching
02-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Can they determine where the brick came from yet? Was it already there or did the perp bring it from nearby?
Sometimes doors can be squeaky and if she abducted then the perp would want to make as little noise as possible. Maybe that's why the door was propped open with the brick. Maybe it was a squeaky door.
Also the kidnapper would be carrying the child, he'd want the door open to get out quickly since while holding the child, his arms wouldn't be free and i think that's where the brick comes in..If the door opened out...I don't see it being a problem for him to get out quickly with a child in his arms.

If the door was squeaky or needed to be propped open to avoid it closing due to the trailer being unlevel...it would seem the perp would have to know this ahead of time in order to grab the brick to use.

ETA: So now we are back to little Ronald being 3 years old! Grrrr! Someone get it straight please!

MeoW333
02-11-2009, 09:50 AM
I would like to look at bio-moms myspace please? TIA for a link.

Here is Bio Mom's Crystal's Myspace:

Here is the gf's Misty's Myspace:

MeoW333
02-11-2009, 09:53 AM
According to the bio mom's myspace she has a 3rd child who is named Chloe and is 9 months old so i'm guessing that baby is with her and probably from a later marriage (not the same father as Haleigh and Ronald)

ceyler
02-11-2009, 10:03 AM
According to the bio mom's myspace she has a 3rd child who is named Chloe and is 9 months old so i'm guessing that baby is with her and probably from a later marriage (not the same father as Haleigh and Ronald)

Yes, I belive she had Chloe with the guy named Chad, whom is also on myspace.

Kat
02-11-2009, 10:03 AM
:)Thank you MeoW333, for some unknown reason her myspace page keeps locking up my browser. Probably something my kids have done to this computer, no doubt.

jnTexas
02-11-2009, 10:04 AM
http://www.wftv.com/news/18689215/detail.html

Watched the video of his plea for her return. This seems odd. Anybody heard the last time someone other than the father and girlfriend seen or talked to the child? I'm still feeling someone in the house is invovled. Hope they can interview the little boy and find out exactly what life was like in that house.

Angel Who Cares
UPDATED: Amber Alert Continues For 5-Year-Old
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:13:44 AM
<snipped>
Investigators with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said it's not clear if Haleigh was abducted. The trailer where she lives had no signs of forced entry, but a back door was ajar.
Haleigh's father said the child was missing when he returned home from work around 3 a.m. Tuesday. Ronald Cummings said his girlfriend was awake and frantic that Haleigh was missing from her bed.
Putnam Co. Sheriff's Office
http://www.pcso.us/
Article:
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/10/missing_child_alert_girl_4_from_putnam_co.html

Sounds like GF didn't call 911 until the father came home! Sounds fishy to me! JMO

Searchfortruth
According to the bio mom's myspace she has a 3rd child who is named Chloe and is 9 months old so i'm guessing that baby is with her and probably from a later marriage (not the same father as Haleigh and Ronald) I noticed that too. There are some things here that don't add up, IMO. The statement the Dad made about the five year old missing child saying, "I'll see you when you get home from work". IMO, that sounds like something an adult would say, I just don't remember my kids saying things like that at five years of age ? Any thoughts ?

jnTexas
02-11-2009, 10:06 AM
:)Thank you MeoW333, for some unknown reason her myspace page keeps locking up my browser. Probably something my kids have done to this computer, no doubt.

It's doing the same to my computer. I think it's just all the stuff on the page.

SeriouslySearching
02-11-2009, 10:06 AM
I just got a chill when I saw bio mom's myspace music. The only time I ever hear Vince Gill's Go Rest High is during funerals or memorials anymore.

Then she has a bumper sticker which reads, "Guns don't kill people. Dads with pretty daughters do.". Innocent probably, but creepy just the same.

SeriouslySearching
02-11-2009, 10:11 AM
It also sounds like the gf didn't call the father either. Did the father have a cell phone?

Kat
02-11-2009, 10:11 AM
I got it to work. Beautiful children. I agree, the user Chad is more than likely the youngest child's father.

I'm still trying to get the page to reload so that I can access her blog.

MeoW333
02-11-2009, 10:12 AM
If the door opened out...I don't see it being a problem for him to get out quickly with a child in his arms.

If the door was squeaky or needed to be propped open to avoid it closing due to the trailer being unlevel...it would seem the perp would have to know this ahead of time in order to grab the brick to use.

ETA: So now we are back to little Ronald being 3 years old! Grrrr! Someone get it straight please!

I think whoever did it, was stalking so they knew about it ahead of time, knew the father's work schedule, could see the bathroom light go on.
Also in trailers, you can hear the heat kick on from outside as well.

MeoW333
02-11-2009, 10:13 AM

Your welcome, Kat :)

Bio mom's blog has 3 pictures in it, i can't get the pictures to load either, it may be the woman's own error when she uploaded them..

MyTinkieGirl
02-11-2009, 10:13 AM
This g/f is only a kid herself....does she go to HS?? ITA with the possibility of friends coming over....drinking/drugs....MAYBE she left to go to a friends to party - or for a "sleepover"....LOL Sorry for that one. BUT, I'm serious about her leaving to go hangout with friends.
I keep thinking about my 17 yo niece....my sis still helps her pick out clothes!!
This one is waaaay too bizarre and off to me.....

SeriouslySearching
02-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Why are you so convinced that it was an abduction, MeoW? I have my doubts.

MeoW333
02-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Why are you so convinced that it was an abduction, MeoW? I have my doubts.

Hi, SS, i'm not that convinced, just trying to look at all angles with the little information. I don't understand why the girlfriend didn't call 911 right away.

Searchfortruth
02-11-2009, 10:17 AM
This from the Palatka Daily News,

"She was sleeping right next to me," Croslin told the Daily News while distributing flyers bearing Haleigh's photo. "I can't believe I didn't hear anything."

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/11/news/news01.txt

jnTexas
02-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Here's the grandma's myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/luckylady1207

Truthful Lies
02-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Here is a link to our local paper's article on it (sorry, can't do the tiny URL at work): http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090211/ARTICLES/902111012/1002/NEWS01?Title=Update__Search_for_5_year_old_Putnam_ girl_under_way

Does anyone else find it...um...disturbing that the father's GF is 17 while he is 24???!!!! Sorry, but my gut says she did something....I'm not buying this story. 7 years age difference is a lot at those ages..and he let her care for his small children?? I wonder if she was tired of Haleigh...praying not!!!!

It's very rural out there...I hate to even drive through Palatka...as soon as I saw it on our local news, that was my gut feeling.

SeriouslySearching
I don't understand the gf's statements. Did she wake up to find her missing or did she go to the bathroom and then find her missing?

What time did gf go to bed? Who did she talk to prior to going to bed? Where was the brother sleeping? Was it a sheet or two sheets outside with a blanket? Were those on the bed with gf and Haleigh?

MeoW333
There's so much conflicting information in this case:

"Her younger brother was asleep in the same room at the time Haleigh went missing. Ms. Croslin said she awakened around 3:30 a.m. and discovered Haleigh missing when she checked on the children. She stated the bedroom door was open, and that the home (http://click.nyx.adbrite.com/mb/click.php?sid=827646&banner_id=11097038&variation_id=253424&uts=1234365651&cpc=302e3138313937393139313333353134&keyword_id=117&inline=y&zk_id=38341881&ab=168362052&sscup=670c5b6eeb4d2d16a704b90310967beb&sscra=891c0cec53a6926f1677ff5c8d9a12e7&ub=1625357853&guid=8b638c786872ce6db266f0a9f9fc07e9&rs=&r=) had not been locked."
http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=2864

"His girlfriend, Misty Croslin, said she had been sleeping next to Haleigh, but when she awoke, the blonde-haired girl was gone."

I'm still trying to get the story straight..

cjk2009
02-11-2009, 10:23 AM
IThe statement the Dad made about the five year old missing child saying, "I'll see you when you get home from work". IMO, that sounds like something an adult would say, I just don't remember my kids saying things like that at five years of age ? Any thoughts ?

When I was about 3-4 years old, I'd say that exact same thing to my dad every single morning (my dad worked long hours as a construction worker and I'd always be woken up by them doing their usual morning things). So IMO, it's not really that weird.

EmMomma
02-11-2009, 10:24 AM
There's so much conflicting information in this case:

"Her younger brother was asleep in the same room at the time Haleigh went missing. Ms. Croslin said she awakened around 3:30 a.m. and discovered Haleigh missing when she checked on the children. She stated the bedroom door was open, and that the home (http://click.nyx.adbrite.com/mb/click.php?sid=827646&banner_id=11097038&variation_id=253424&uts=1234365651&cpc=302e3138313937393139313333353134&keyword_id=117&inline=y&zk_id=38341881&ab=168362052&sscup=670c5b6eeb4d2d16a704b90310967beb&sscra=891c0cec53a6926f1677ff5c8d9a12e7&ub=1625357853&guid=8b638c786872ce6db266f0a9f9fc07e9&rs=&r=) had not been locked."
http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=2864

"His girlfriend, Misty Croslin, said she had been sleeping next to Haleigh, but when she awoke, the blonde-haired girl was gone."

I'm still trying to get the story straight..

Hi, Meow.
I think we're all trying to get it straight. I makes ME wonder if these inconsistencies are coming from the GF, or are just bad reporting...

SteveHuff
02-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Everything about this case smells wrong to me, and even if the cops say Cummings and his teen girlfriend aren't suspects, I feel like there is just an unspoken 'yet' after that statement.

Folks who think Cummings seems sincere on video are giving him a lot of credit. His demeanor bugs me, a lot, and that includes the ugly way he addressed the 911 operator. At the moment, though, I'm trying to reserve judgment because I remember the treatment Mark Lunsford received from so many people on message boards, people who thought him suspicious because he was always in a ball cap and just seemed a tad shady. That wasn't fair, and I'd like to be fair to this guy (I only briefly suspected Lunsford, and never posted about it on a board or in a blog).

Still, I don't think Cummings is a good actor at all. He seems insincere to me. He knows the words but not the music. His pained facial expressions are, I don't know, off. But -- you never know how this sort of thing will hit a person.

Predators typically target slightly older children. Of course there are always exceptions, but in 4 years of writing about crimes like this and many more years studying such things, I have very rarely heard of sex predators targeting children younger than 7. Also -- utterly silent home snatchings have occurred -- like Jessica Lunsford and apparently Coralrose Fullwood -- but they too are rare. We all just forget that because basically, if you're posting at Websleuths, you probably read about crime, A LOT.

The other terrible thing about missing kids who are under 6 or 7 -- it seems like they rarely come home okay. This one has been very depressing from the get-go because all my instincts -- which I've honed -- have said, nope, that poor child is gone.

I'll try and call the Putnam Sheriff's Office for a True Crime Report update later today, but they've been awfully busy.

Steve

SeriouslySearching
02-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Here's the grandma's myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/luckylady1207Which grandma? I find it odd that she has Chad as her friend if it is Haleigh's paternal grandma.