PDA

View Full Version : FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #4

Pages : [1] 2 3

christine2448
02-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Continue here please.

CharlestonGal
02-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Is there information yet about the last confirmed, independent sighting of Haleigh? Not a family member, but friend, neighbor, teacher, bus driver? Besides the father and gf, who saw Haleigh last and what time was it?

Lexington
02-12-2009, 12:38 PM
At this point, I do feel that if the Gf did pass that polygraph, the authorities would say it so that the focus can go directly at finding this child.. I know they are focused on it, but the general public already has suspicions and in order to help, I feel they would tell that she passed.
Something isn't right..
I still would like to know if anyone seen this child other than the girlfriend past dark?

I would be more interested to see if the father passed the polygraph? He said on NG last night that he "passed with flying colors" as did the gf. Has it been confirmed that he passed?

Tonia
The grandma stated that she was playing with the neighbors kids around 5 Monday afternoon,not sure if grandma was there or the neighbors told her that.

mydailyopinions
Is there information yet about the last confirmed, independent sighting of Haleigh? Not a family member, but friend, neighbor, teacher, bus driver? Besides the father and gf, who saw Haleigh last and what time was it?

I wonder the same thing. Could something have happened before dark, and the gf just wait so that she had the excuse of sleeping as to why she didn't know where she was?
I don't know, maybe its just me, but something isn't right.

amysmom
Hold up! Can the g/f lift a cinder block? They're extremely heavy so I don't believe so! Now I have to go with a kidnapper unless the cinder block was so close to the back door she could push it (already on the ramp (?) or she had some help.

ETA!! I've been told by many these blocks are NOT that heavy so ignore this post please!

Beyond Belief
02-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Wondering if cinder block was used at one time for propping door to move furniture in or out. Not saying left door propped but block having been used for something like that at one time.

mydailyopinions
I would be more interested to see if the father passed the polygraph? He said on NG last night that he "passed with flying colors" as did the gf. Has it been confirmed that he passed?

I haven't heard anyone say for sure. However, I think that they can verify he was at work, and the time he got home would be his normal time of arrival.

Sleuthster
On thread 3 someone asked if you can see in the windows of a trailer standing outside. Thread closed so I am moving it here.

A mobile home is usually elevated above the foundation. It is tied down from the ground up and there are usually "blocks" underneath the trailer helping to hold it up. If someone stood outside the window and looked in they would eith have to be about 7 feet tall or be standing on something to look into the window directly, or live next door and look out from their window into the other window.

concentric
GF could have proped door open so she could get back in? lost key? Or she left it unlocked and went out, perp left it proped.

I am just really really suspicious of GF, it doesnt add up like GP Johnny said, how does a child go missing from the room gf was sleeping in while gf was in bathroom???

Excellent points made by all about the GF. What if she had a "friend" over at some time while the Dad was at work or she told someone she often left the children alone while they sleep. Then this person (maybe some pedophile in the making) gets to thinking about how to kidnap Haleigh.

KR2tonenow
Boyfriend and GF passed the poly. Any News yet on the girl?

Beyond Belief
02-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Hold up! Can the g/f lift a cinder block? They're extremely heavy so I don't believe so! Now I have to go with a kidnapper unless the cinder block was so close to the back door she could push it while it was still on the ramp (?) or she had help!
Cinder blocks are not heavy. I can lift one.

gibby207
Thanks Christine!

KaylynnCouture
Hold up! Can the g/f lift a cinder block? They're extremely heavy so I don't believe so! Now I have to go with a kidnapper unless the cinder block was so close to the back door she could push it while it was still on the ramp (?) or she had help!

Hmm, I don't know. I could easily lift one, and I'm pretty tiny (I'm about 106lbs and 5'7"). I saw pictures of her, on her Myspace, and I think that she could pretty easily lift one. But, I think it would've had to have been found close to the trailer (she probably couldn't carry it very far).

LaLaw2000
Has LE confirmed that the Dad passed the polygraph he had taken? I have only heard LE say that at this point, everyone in the world was suspect.

LancelotLink
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/021009missinggirl/1/lg/haleigh_and_dad.htm
Photo shows them at the waters edge, looks like they are fishing. Am i confused? I heard she was afraid of the water?

CharlestonGal
02-12-2009, 12:41 PM
The grandma stated that she was playing with the neighbors kids around 5 Monday afternoon,not sure if grandma was there or the neighbors told her that.

Thank you. OK, so she apparently was alive and well after dad went to work, so he was probably truthful when he said he picked Haleigh up at the bus stop, took her home, then went to work. That helps a little.

SeriouslySearching
Is there information yet about the last confirmed, independent sighting of Haleigh? Not a family member, but friend, neighbor, teacher, bus driver? Besides the father and gf, who saw Haleigh last and what time was it?I asked the same question. I have to assume it was the bus driver since we have heard nothing else.

The grandmother was going by hearsay, imo, that the next door neighbor's kids were outside playing on Monday. She didn't say that Hayleigh was out with them.

mydailyopinions

Yes, she could lift one. They are not that heavy, and if she was in any way desperate, then adrenaline would take over.
They are heavy, but with the way they are shaped, it would be easy..My 10 year old can carry one all the way across our lawn.

KR2tonenow
02-12-2009, 12:42 PM
On thread 3 someone asked if you can see in the windows of a trailer standing outside. Thread closed so I am moving it here.

A mobile home is usually elevated above the foundation. It is tied down from the ground up and there are usually "blocks" underneath the trailer helping to hold it up. If someone stood outside the window and looked in they would eith have to be about 7 feet tall or be standing on something to look into the window directly, or live next door and look out from their window into the other window.

Great points! Someone easily could have grabbed block from below and then used as a prop. This community is inland. Has it been mapped out yet by a quick sleuther?

Also any word if a boat (even a rowboat) could be used in that body of water near the house that the dogs hit on last?

Note: LP is awesome for posting the REWARD!

SeriouslySearching
02-12-2009, 12:42 PM
I agree. She could lift one.

However, I don't think she would think about staging the door with one if it wasn't on the porch and readily available to her, imo.

CharlestonGal
02-12-2009, 12:44 PM

I don't know how big or strong the gf is, but I weigh about 120 and I can pick one up. I don't know how far I could carry it, but I could pick it up for sure.

alwaysonmymind
Posted by Marag on previous thread...

The earlier presser with the mustachioed detective: When asked about gf's polygraph, he acknowledged that she had taken one but was firmly no comment about the results. He also said that they were hoping to find Hayleigh alive and well. I am still of the opinion that a miscreant known to the dad and gf came to the house and took her- and is holding her until he is paid or paid back by the dad. If that is so, and the dad has talked, then they may have an idea about who has her and where he is.

No comment speaks VOLUMES to me...

I'm kinda jaded at times.....

BondJamesBond
Did I read posted earlier about blankets being found about? Can someone explain?

TGIRecovered

Is this your opinion, or does it come from a police statement? Do you have a link?

TIA!
Susan

LaLaw2000

Actually, cinder blocks are not too heavy for an adult. My husband had several in his shop. They would be too heavy for a child to manage, tho.

I still do not see how any of this could have been accomplished without any noise and within the time frame the GF stated.

PattyCake

Have not read that there is a confirmation by LE with regards to this. If they passed I would think it would be important for them to steer the public to the direction of their investigation and not have this type of speculation linger.
my2cents

sumbunny
02-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Pedaphiles are crafty. 17 year olds are also easily manipulated.(for the most part)

Something tells me the g/f was duped or drugged. She's most likely embarrassed and ashamed.

Her 9-1-1- call seemed forthcoming,albeit scared out of her wits. I would love to see her speak about the incident.

EmMomma
Did I read posted earlier about blankets being found about? Can someone explain?

It was reported that there was a sheet and blanket ?on/near? the steps.

SeriouslySearching
Great points! Someone easily could have grabbed block from below and then used as a prop. This community is inland. Has it been mapped out yet by a quick sleuther?

Also any word if a boat (even a rowboat) could be used in that body of water near the house that the dogs hit on last?

Note: LP is awesome for posting the REWARD!The john boat can be used in a canal easily. It probably has a small trolling motor. It is easy to put in the water and remove.

Any boat should be able to be used in that waterway unless it is too large.

concentric
They are still checking out any service people who went to the house, such as the air conditioner repairman, right?

Beyond Belief
02-12-2009, 12:46 PM
That cinder block means alot: something big was either coming in or going out.

St3phanie
I'm not sure if this has been discussed but I have a question... isn't it illegal for the dad to have a 17 yo. girlfriend? Isn't she still considered underaged or a "child"? I don't understand this part... (maybe she's just the babysitter and not his gf?)

I feel very sorry for them and hope they find her quickly!!!!!

KR2tonenow
Is this your opinion, or does it come from a police statement? Do you have a link?

TIA!
Susan

No link as yet.

KaylynnCouture
02-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Pedaphiles are crafty. 17 year olds are also easily manipulated.(for the most part)

Something tells me the g/f was duped or drugged. She's most likely embarrassed and ashamed.

Her 9-1-1- call seemed forthcoming,albeit scared out of her wits. I would love to see her speak about the incident.

Yep, I wish she would speak out too. However, she isn't even at the scene. She fled to her families house after this all broke out..and because she is a minor, I doubt she'll come forward and talk.

CharlestonGal
I asked the same question. I have to assume it was the bus driver since we have heard nothing else.

The grandmother was going by hearsay, imo, that the next door neighbor's kids were outside playing on Monday. She didn't say that Hayleigh was out with them.

This question has been bugging me since yesterday. I wish LE would answer it. The media keeps saying she was last seen at 10 p.m. in her bed, like it's gospel. It's not.

SeriouslySearching
It was reported that there was a sheet and blanket ?on/near? the steps.LE did this! They took them outside and placed them right on the crime scene for the dogs to get their "mark" scent before looking for Hayleigh in order not to "mix" the scent from the home. Not a bright move, imo.

Tonia
I asked the same question. I have to assume it was the bus driver since we have heard nothing else.

The interview on greta i heard that she WAS playing with the kids but at the same time i also assumed that the neighbors told her that or MC.

concentric
02-12-2009, 12:48 PM

That reminds of the Brianna Denison kidnapping--perp. let the blanket slide to the kitchen floor when he picked her up while she was sleeping, I guess.

Sleuthster
Yep, I wish she would speak out too. However, she isn't even at the scene. She fled to her families house after this all broke out..and because she is a minor, I doubt she'll come forward and talk.

I bet she fled, especially after daddy said he was going to shot who ever stole his child. Whether she did it or not, she is probably scared now.

EmMomma
I'm not sure if this has been discussed but I have a question... isn't it illegal for the dad to have a 17 yo. girlfriend? Isn't she still considered underaged or a "child"? I don't understand this part... (maybe she's just the babysitter and not his gf?)

I know this was discussed in the first thread, at least. According to FL law, the age of consent is 18. Yes, technically, it's illegal. HTH. :)

KR2tonenow
The john boat can be used in a canal easily. It probably has a small trolling motor. It is easy to put in the water and remove.

Thank you, SS! When I heard the dogs hit at the waters edge I first thought a boat...I hope LE is investigating homes, boat rentals in the area!!

Kat
What is the age of consent in FL? That would answer our questions about the legality of the relationship between daddy and GF.

mydailyopinions
02-12-2009, 12:49 PM
That cinder block means alot: something big was either coming in or going out.

Because of the weight of that block, I don't see how anyone couldn't hear it either hitting the door or the porch. You can't just lightly sit one of those down without some kind of noise.

Kat
Thanks EmMomma you posted before I did:)

KaylynnCouture

Yeah, that's been a big confusion story, I think. This news article- http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/11/news/news01.txt reported that "Haleigh wasn't in bed. The back door of a blue doublewide mobile home was open, and a blanket and sheets were scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door." However, the sheriff had said that the police took the blankets outside for a scent for the bloodhounds.

CharlestonGal

Yes, it's illegal in FL and yes, it's been discussed. I imagine LE will deal with it (or not) after Haleigh has been found.

SeriouslySearching

I feel very sorry for them and hope they find her quickly!!!!!She is his gf, but right now it isn't important if she is almost 18 or if he is a day over the limit. It doesn't make him a Pedophile. It doesn't have any bearing on the case of finding his daughter.

Kat
02-12-2009, 12:50 PM
I bet she fled, especially after daddy said he was going to shot who ever stole his child. Whether she did it or not, she is probably scared now.

OT but I would have too. He made no bones about it.

PattyCake
I know this was discussed in the first thread, at least. According to FL law, the age of consent is 18. Yes, technically, it's illegal. HTH. :)

I'm suspecting there will be charges against the father with respect to his girlfriend at a later date. I also suspect the LE told Misty to go 'home' to her parents or have further multiple charges against bf brought up. I don't think it's a mystery why she's not with him.

And so he should be charged.... at a later date. It's a crime.

St3phanie
Thank you EmMomma.. I thought maybe I missed something! Not that it really matters right now but I couldn't help but think that's awful young.. especially to be in charge of two little kids.

Kat
02-12-2009, 12:51 PM
She is his gf, but right now it isn't important if she is almost 18 or if he is a day over the limit. It doesn't make him a Pedophile. It doesn't have any bearing on the case of finding his daughter.

I agree SS.

TGIRecovered
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/021009missinggirl/1/lg/haleigh_and_dad.htm
Photo shows them at the waters edge, looks like they are fishing. Am i confused? I heard she was afraid of the water?

According to Wiki, Turner Syndrome, ( which Haleigh is reported to have) can cause visiospatial problems. If this is the case with Haleigh, I would think she would be at risk for falling into the water, if not closely and patiently supervised.
Susan

lovelabs
My question is, if she was abducted, I would think that there would have been a lot of commotion. A 5 yr is going to be screaming, kicking, struggling to get away. Even if there was a hand over her mouth she'd still be able to make noise. This makes me think that it is someone familar to her.

cajun
Hold up! Can the g/f lift a cinder block? They're extremely heavy so I don't believe so! Now I have to go with a kidnapper unless the cinder block was so close to the back door she could push it (already on the ramp (?) or she had some help.

they are not that heavy. I can carry one in each hand.

KaylynnCouture
02-12-2009, 12:52 PM
What is the age of consent in FL? That would answer our questions about the legality of the relationship between daddy and GF.

http://www.ageofconsent.com/florida.htm

The age of consent in Florida is 18.

EmMomma
That reminds of the Brianna Denison kidnapping--perp. let the blanket slide to the kitchen floor when he picked her up while she was sleeping, I guess.

I thought about Briana, too. I have ISSUES with that, too, though...how does one get sheet/blanket off of a bed with other people sleeping in it? :waitasec:

I AM WONDERING (assuming this really is an abduction) if Hayleigh was already gone when GF got up and she didn't NOTICE until she got back. That's a lot to accomplish during someone's trip to the bathroom, IMO.

There are plenty of things bothering me, but the biggies are:
1) Why would someone snatch a child from a bed where she was sleeping with other people?
2) How did "the perp" know to go to the master bedroom, not one of the smaller ones?

SO many questions and not a lot of answers so far. How very frustrating.

passionflower

Does this lake and dock have any boats that are used?
Could Halleigh been taken to dock and put on a boat and
across to another dock to a camper or car???
(Scott P =boat Westerfield-camper )
Could car or camper be parked at dock and SO escaped with her?

St3phanie
She is his gf, but right now it isn't important if she is almost 18 or if he is a day over the limit. It doesn't make him a Pedophile. It doesn't have any bearing on the case of finding his daughter.
Yes, you're right! Thank you for everyone's reply. I was just curious. Thanks again *smile*

EmMomma
02-12-2009, 12:53 PM
LE did this! They took them outside and placed them right on the crime scene for the dogs to get their "mark" scent before looking for Hayleigh in order not to "mix" the scent from the home. Not a bright move, imo.

LE did it?! :eek: Wow. Strange.
What if there were something on the blanket to ID the person who did this? *sigh*

LancelotLink
02-12-2009, 12:54 PM
PDM Bridge. Is this in Palatka FL? 26-30 minutes from Satsuma...
He works 3PM till 3AM?
He picked his daughter up from the bus at 3:45 PM?
Either I need to go back to school and learn remedial math, or this just doesn't make sense...

KaylynnCouture
Haleigh's Principal Remains Hopeful- http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/12/news/news02.txt

cajun

I live in a mobile home and I can look into the windows without standing on it. Now most trailers have the tires and axles off so they are not that high and mine still have axles on it but I can still see in the windows(kitchen window is high, but that's it)

gibby207
The GF had her age as 19 on her myspace page so am wondering if she told dad she was 19 as well...

PattyCake
02-12-2009, 12:55 PM
My question is, if she was abducted, I would think that there would have been a lot of commotion. A 5 yr is going to be screaming, kicking, struggling to get away. Even if there was a hand over her mouth she'd still be able to make noise. This makes me think that it is someone familar to her.

Danielle Van Dam didn't...

Many children, especially if they are sleeping, will hardly wake up when carried at that age. I know my kids were impossible to wake up in the middle of the night.

Kat
I have to leave for several hours. I have a prior commitment that must be fulfilled today. (Part of my Volunteer work) I'll check back and see what you sleuths have uncovered later or tommorow.

I pray for this child and hope that she is brought home safely. From my heart to the heavens.:blowkiss:

Sleuthster
LE did it?! :eek: Wow. Strange.
What if there were something on the blanket to ID the person who did this? *sigh*

Also, I wanted to point out, the GF was sleeping on the bed also right? So wouldnt her scent be on there too? And wouldnt this just confuse the dogs? Dad's scent may have been on there too.

Sort of like CA giving KC's brush to LE for DNA and because Caylee used it sometimes.:waitasec:

BondJamesBond
02-12-2009, 12:56 PM

Thanks, EmMomma. I was afraid of that.

Also reading something about a ramp. I dunno if the ramp is associated w/ the door that was propped open and the blanket/sheet being found nearby.

My speculation...it shouldn't take much longer for whomever the girlfriend was rendezvouing with to come forward or be identified by LE.

If the gf's exploits were known to/observed by nearby SO...he would certainly be in a position to act. No sign of forced entry would mean that gf would have had to have left the deadbolt unlocked as well. One would think she would have a key...but, perhaps not...that would line things up for the SO to swoop in. Blanket/sheet falling away while SO carried a sleepy 5-y.o. away :(

Otherwise, father is adamant that Haleigh was afraid of the dark and would not venture out on her own. Had she awoken in a 'home alone' situation it would seem likely she would be crying enough to wake her younger brother. No mention of his being awake/asleep upon father's arrival?

Tonia
02-12-2009, 12:57 PM
The john boat can be used in a canal easily. It probably has a small trolling motor. It is easy to put in the water and remove.

My apologies to you,i just read the transcripts. I guess that it can easily be taken as she was them playing.

GRIFFIS: The only thing we know about any neighbors is there were some kids that lived next door that Haleigh and Junior played with, and they were seen out playing in the yard around 5:00 o'clock yesterday -- or Monday evening. I guess it was Monday evening. I can't even remember anymore. The days are just running together now.

Sleuthster
02-12-2009, 12:58 PM
The GF had her age as 19 on her myspace page so am wondering if she told dad she was 19 as well...

My stepson was 19 on his myspace when he was 15. Alot of kids "lie" about their age. Small town, probably knew how old she was but like SS said, doesnt matter how old right now. She was old enough to be responsible watching a child and that's what counts.

MyTinkieGirl
02-12-2009, 01:00 PM
http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/searchNeighborhood.do

Found an article that they lived on Green Lane....

Hope this works....is map of area and where SO's live ...what type, etc

ETA : link not working...trying to copy map

ROBLYN
PDM Bridge. Is this in Palatka FL? 26-30 minutes from Satsuma...
He works 3PM till 3AM?
He picked his daughter up from the bus at 3:45 PM?
Either I need to go back to school and learn remedial math, or this just doesn't make sense...

Lancelot- Father said during Today show interview that he left for work at 3:45pm.

A guess; Most companies are cutting back hours due to the Carpy Economy. He may have stated at 4pm- left home @3:45 and made it on time. Boy..wish we could see his punch card, just to narrow it down.

i'm sure your math skills are just fine...:)

ETA: we donated to TES yesterday also, it was Very easy and you can donate Any amount.

sumbunny
Does anyone remember the child that was abducted "during" a sleep over with a bunch of friends?

I don't find a middle of the night abduction abnormal.."unless there was a dog in the house" (best alarm system imo)

LCoastMom
Here's the Greta video..finally! For anyone that missed it last night..
http://gretawire.foxnews.com/ Then scroll down to the story and video about Haleigh (it's almost at the bottom)

Here's the Greta link from last night.

The dad apologized to the mom!?! We don't apologize for going to work, we work to feed our kids, clothe our kids, keep a roof over our kids.

I wanted to reach through the screen and grab that mom to make her stop rocking. She is an adult, I'm sure she is in shock but rocking like that is a child's way of self soothing, not an adult. This mom has really been cut off from her kids except during her visitation, she's never spoken to the gf before? Not saying it's her fault but no way in hell would my kids be living with someone I didn't know.

Drove me nuts when my kids were little and I had to let them "visit" their dad with all the different gf's through the house. To let them live there, no way in hades. My heart is breaking for the bio mom. And these 2 kids.

amysmom
02-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Since I've never tried to lift a cinder block or ever had any access to one I should not have made that statement..Sorry! :(

Wise Old Owl
Anyone got an address or even a partial on this mobile home? I kinda remember seeing Green Lane?

MissieMt
Thanks, EmMomma. I was afraid of that.

Also reading something about a ramp. I dunno if the ramp is associated w/ the door that was propped open and the blanket/sheet being found nearby.

My speculation...it shouldn't take much longer for whomever the girlfriend was rendezvouing with to come forward or be identified by LE.

If the gf's exploits were known to/observed by nearby SO...he would certainly be in a position to act. No sign of forced entry would mean that gf would have had to have left the deadbolt unlocked as well. One would think she would have a key...but, perhaps not...that would line things up for the SO to swoop in. Blanket/sheet falling away while SO carried a sleepy 5-y.o. away :(

Otherwise, father is adamant that Haleigh was afraid of the dark and would not venture out on her own. Had she awoken in a 'home alone' situation it would seem likely she would be crying enough to wake her younger brother. No mention of his being awake/asleep upon father's arrival?

The blankets have been discussed several times and are still a hot topic, BUT the blankets were taken outside to aide the dogs trying to track her scent

kaych

uh.. I am pretty weak and I can lift 2 or so at a time. One in each hand by grabbing the hole.

LCoastMom
02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Does anyone remember the child that was abducted "during" a sleep over with a bunch of friends?

I don't find a middle of the night abduction abnormal.."unless there was a dog in the house" (best alarm system imo)

Are you referring to Polly Klass

jnTexas

In the presser yesterday afternoon I heard them state their was a blanket and sheet near the back steps. they also stated the blankets that were in the video (which I have not seen) were ones they brought out for the dogs to get the girls scent from her room. this is what i understood from the presser yesterday.

Also has it been confirmed by LE that the Dad and GF passed the poly? I know the Dad said he did but I will believe when LE states it.

gibby207
My stepson was 19 on his myspace when he was 15. Alot of kids "lie" about their age. Small town, probably knew how old she was but like SS said, doesnt matter how old right now. She was old enough to be responsible watching a child and that's what counts.

Agreed! The age doesn't matter right now. Does anyone know if gf grew up in that town? Was dad originally from Georgia too?

Sleuthster
02-12-2009, 01:03 PM
The rocking thing bothers me because my POS SIL does it when LE is questioning him, everytime. He goes into this infant rocking thing like LE is going to feel sorry for him because he's mental.

LancelotLink
What time would Haliegh leave school?

Beyond Belief
I just carried a cinder block from the back yard to the patio. Put it on scale said 32 lbs. I also set it down on wood with barely any noise.

kaych
They would have to be about 7 feet tall or be standing on something to look into the window directly,.

Like.. a cinderblock?

MeoW333
Summerlee, on thread #3 you asked for the link to watch the mom rocking in the interview, here it is: (on the Greta show)

http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/index.html

BondJamesBond
LE did this! They took them outside and placed them right on the crime scene for the dogs to get their "mark" scent before looking for Hayleigh in order not to "mix" the scent from the home. Not a bright move, imo.

OK...thanks for the clarification.

PassTheMotrin
02-12-2009, 01:04 PM
I thought about Briana, too. I have ISSUES with that, too, though...how does one get sheet/blanket off of a bed with other people sleeping in it? :waitasec:

I AM WONDERING (assuming this really is an abduction) if Hayleigh was already gone when GF got up and she didn't NOTICE until she got back. That's a lot to accomplish during someone's trip to the bathroom, IMO.

There are plenty of things bothering me, but the biggies are:
1) Why would someone snatch a child from a bed where she was sleeping with other people?
2) How did "the perp" know to go to the master bedroom, not one of the smaller ones?

SO many questions and not a lot of answers so far. How very frustrating.

I totally agree with everything you said! I'm trying desperately to get caught up here, LOL.

Also, what kidnapper props a door open with a cinderblock? That's bugging me to death.

passionflower
If Haleigh has Turner Syndrome she may be hard of hearing.
So she might never of heard someone coming in the room.
My 6 year old gchild sleeps right through us moving her even from car to house
.....very sound sleeper and no noise from her.

LancelotLink
Lancelot- Father said during Today show interiview that he left for work at 3:45pm.

A guess; Most companies are cutting back hours due to the Carpy Economy. He may have stated at 4pm- left home @3:45 and made it on time. Boy..wish we could see his punch card, just to narrow it down.

i'm sure your math skill are just fine...:)
Whew! LOL I wish we could get this stuff pinned down. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels.

Nedthan Johns

I live in colorado and the legal age of consent here is 17, not sure about Florida

sumbunny
Are you referring to Polly Klouss?sp?

D'oh!! yes the klass girl *sorry had a brain fart and couldn't remember her name*

It seems likely that a middle of the night abduction isn't all that far fetched.

Adrienne37
02-12-2009, 01:05 PM

Thinking back to some previous cases where abductors were able to take a child out of the home have included Jessica Lunsford, Danielle VanDam, Polly Klass, and that's just off the top of my head.

cajun
02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Since I've never tried to lift a cinder block or ever had any access to one I should not have made that statement..Sorry! :(

Aww, that's ok and yes you should make statements. Now you've learned you can pick up a cinder block. :)

KR2tonenow
02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Does this lake and dock have any boats that are used?
Could Halleigh been taken to dock and put on a boat and
across to another dock to a camper or car???
(Scott P =boat Westerfield-camper )
Could car or camper be parked at dock and SO escaped with her?

That's what I think too,see map!
http://maps.google.com/intl/en_us/mapfiles/transparent.png (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=&ie=UTF8&split=0&gl=us&ei=TFSUSf6FMZ3gsAO9rKy6Bw&geocode=FZQQxAEd8icg-w)
Address:
Putnam County (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=&ie=UTF8&split=0&gl=us&ei=TFSUSf6FMZ3gsAO9rKy6Bw&geocode=FZQQxAEd8icg-w)

Florida

kaych
02-12-2009, 01:07 PM

Not to mention that someone would have to prove they actually had sex.

Sleuthster
Thinking back to some previous cases where abductors were able to take a child out of the home have included Jessica Lunsford, Danielle VanDam, Polly Klass, and that's just off the top of my head.

Dont forget Elizabeth Smart, did it while her sister was in the room.

LancelotLink
I had asked before if anyone has asked if they own a little yappy dog. I heard one during an interview. So many threads...help!!

BondJamesBond
02-12-2009, 01:08 PM
In the presser yesterday afternoon I heard them state their was a blanket and sheet near the back steps. they also stated the blankets that were in the video (which I have not seen) were ones they brought out for the dogs to get the girls scent from her room. this is what i understood from the presser yesterday.

Also has it been confirmed by LE that the Dad and GF passed the poly? I know the Dad said he did but I will believe when LE states it.

...and...thanks for that clarification too. This description makes it sound like there were blankets discovered "near" (i.e. not explicitly where..inside...outside, etc.) the back steps AND (i.e. different) view of some blankets outside for the K9s...maybe same or different blankets, but, placed there intentionally for the K9's. I think I follow now.

Wise Old Owl
02-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Ok - I can't get image to come up on here - don't really know why.

Here's the link - there is only ONE mobile home on Green Lane (only one residence)

I think the neighbors that gma was referring to are on the cross street.

Lots and lots of woods around this MH.

forget the link it doesn't work. I use mapquest - go there and put in green lane palatka fl - once the map comes up on the upper right hand corner you can switch to aerial view and on the left hand side you can zoom in.

passionflower
02-12-2009, 01:09 PM

Are you thinking of Polly Klauss? She was having a slumber party, IIRC

amysmom
02-12-2009, 01:11 PM
[QUOTE=EmMomma;3298237] I thought about Briana, too. I have ISSUES with that, too, though...how does one get sheet/blanket off of a bed with other people sleeping in it? :waitasec:
[QUOTE]

I thought Briana was alone on the couch with her friends in a locked nearby bedroom..If that's correct then I'm not sure what you're saying..Explain please..Thanks!

KR2tonenow
02-12-2009, 01:12 PM

Polly Klauss was taken from her bedroom, and apparently stalked for several weeks before the POS abducted her. He's on Death Row here in Cali.

EmMomma
Plenty of little girls have been stolen from their beds, that's for sure.
I just wonder how many of them had more than one person sleeping in the same bed with them, and were taken during the responsible party's quick trip to the bathroom. This is the source of most all of my questions at this point.

LaLaw2000
I just wish that someone would get the entire chain of events correct! Too many varying stories, IMO.

I am not going to dismiss the Dad or the G/F until LE states that they have been cleared. I do realize that the Dad said he passed the polygraph with flying colors, but the last I have heard LE say is that everyone in the world is suspect right now. NG had the perfect opportunity to ask the Sheriff that question last night and did not.

Does anyone know when there is to be another presser? TIA

jnTexas
I totally agree with everything you said! I'm trying desperately to get caught up here, LOL.

Also, what kidnapper props a door open with a cinderblock? That's bugging me to death.

from what I understood in the presser yesterday the cinder block was propping the screen door open and the regular door was ajar. My MIL has a screen door on her back door. the screen door opens out and the regular door opens in. When they are carrying something big in or out they will prop the door open with something due to the hinge that makes it close.

ROBLYN
02-12-2009, 01:13 PM

The dad apologized to the mom!?! We don't apologize for going to work, we work to feed our kids, clothe our kids, keep a roof over our kids.

I wanted to reach through the screen and grab that mom to make her stop rocking. She is an adult, I'm sure she is in shock but rocking like that is a child's way of self soothing, not an adult. This mom has really been cut off from her kids except during her visitation, she's never spoken to the gf before? Not saying it's her fault but no way in hell would my kids be living with someone I didn't know.

Drove me nuts when my kids were little and I had to let them "visit" their dad with all the different gf's through the house. To let them live there, no way in hades. My heart is breaking for the bio mom. And these 2 kids.

mmb,

Don't want to go to OT-

But, i agree... as evidenced by my speewing(sp) my guts all over the boad this past weekend regarding my own son and supervised care with a co-parent. No way in H@ll. But, then again dad has custody, that probably makes a difference in who the children can be watched over by...His approval?

EmMomma
02-12-2009, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=EmMomma;3298237 I thought about Briana, too. I have ISSUES with that, too, though...how does one get sheet/blanket off of a bed with other people sleeping in it? :waitasec:
[QUOTE]

I thought Briana was alone on the couch with her friends in a locked nearby bedroom..If that's correct then I'm not sure what you're saying..Explain please..Thanks!

Just the blanket found, that's all. :) Now, though, it looks like LE placed the blanket there in Haleigh's case.

TGIRecovered
02-12-2009, 01:14 PM
I just carried a cinder block from the back yard to the patio. Put it on scale said 32 lbs. I also set it down on wood with barely any noise.

...which explains why I avoid moving cinderblocks and try to look delicate and dainty if there is a man around to move it for me!

Susan

sumbunny
Polly Klauss was taken from her bedroom, and apparently stalked for several weeks before the POS abducted her. He's on Death Row here in Cali.

Thank you KR2 and passion!

LaLaw2000
I had asked before if anyone has asked if they own a little yappy dog. I heard one during an interview. So many threads...help!!

Haven't heard a peep about a yapping dog, LancelotLink!

:blowkiss:

passionflower
Why were 2 childrn and gf in 1 bed?
Were THEY ALL AFRAID??? of dark?
someone?
I keep thinking it was for a protective mode.
When my gkids are afraid, they crawl in bed with someone.
I wouldn't rule out friends that knew the routine of things.

Sleuthster
Let's face it, there are cases where a child has be abducted from their home while adults where in the house. It could have happened..but...it is just unlikely in this case IMO because there are other circumstances, for example the door being deadbolted according to the dad and there only being one street in so how come LE hasnt put out an APB for any vehicles? Neighbors that close and no one saw an unusual vehicle come in or out?

EmMomma
02-12-2009, 01:16 PM
I just wish that someone would get the entire chain of events correct! Too many varying stories, IMO.

I am not going to dismiss the Dad or the G/F until LE states that they have been cleared. I do realize that the Dad said he passed the polygraph with flying colors, but the last I have heard LE say is that everyone in the world is suspect right now. NG had the perfect opportunity to ask the Sheriff that question last night and did not.

Does anyone know when there is to be another presser? TIA

2PM. http://twitter.com/GSReporters

ITA about not letting anyone off the hook just yet.

drumstick

In FL, Coralrose Fullwood. Her killer was charged after a DNA match.

Denise Lee was also taken from her home even though she was not a child, she was very small and the mother of two tiny kids.
Michael King was arrested for her murder.

Sex offenders are getting bolder. Something has to be done with them.

Giving thanks to the good guys for catching the two scumbags who raped the 11 year old in Orlando. The one guy's wife turned him in. She's a hero in my book.
Hoping for a hero in little Haleigh's case.

~
~

KR2tonenow

Her rocking my be a result from a disorder, Touretts Syndrome/Autism, especially under emotional duress. I believe it is stated that the daughter has a known disabilty.

SailorMoon
02-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Have we verified that he got off work that late??? Did he stop off somewhere to get a drink or something??? I just ask this because I just watched the "rocking interview" and biomom said that dad said he was sorry, if he'd been home from work this never would have happened.

murdershewrote
02-12-2009, 01:18 PM
I've just joined in and trying to keep up...can someone confirm for me...

#1) Was it Haleigh or the gf that got up to go to the bathroom...I've read it both ways. (Course we dont really know one way or the other if that's even true)

#2) Was gf was sleeping with Haleigh that night or not? How could somebody take her out of the bed if an adult was sleeping right there with her.

I'm wondering if either gf had somebody over while bf was at work, or she went out somewhere and left the kids alone.

I didn't like the reference real mom made that kids said they had been "hit" but they were doing great???

LaLaw2000
02-12-2009, 01:18 PM
2PM. http://twitter.com/GSReporters

ITA about not letting anyone off the hook just yet.

Thanks so much, EmMomma!

passionflower
02-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Haven't heard a peep about a yapping dog, LancelotLink!

I haven't heard anything like that yet.
Neighbors have a dog?
Dogs would act up if they smelled a stranger.
If my dog acts funny or growls in the middle of the night,
I always get up and peek out windows etc...........
she only does it if something is wrong and she's always right.

SuziQ
Dont forget Elizabeth Smart, did it while her sister was in the room.

But her sister woke up and saw what happened.

IMO, stranger abductions happen, but they are rare. I'm not saying it's not a possibility. But stats show that the parents of significant others of the parents are responsible most of the time.

EmMomma
Thanks so much, EmMomma!

Welcome. :blowkiss:

amysmom
The rocking thing bothers me because my POS SIL does it when LE is questioning him, everytime. He goes into this infant rocking thing like LE is going to feel sorry for him because he's mental.

I get POS but what's SIL? Stupid-In-Law? I don't mean to make light of what you said but the way you said it?..I confess it made me chuckle.

Beyond Belief
02-12-2009, 01:21 PM
...which explains why I avoid moving cinderblocks and try to look delicate and dainty if there is a man around to move it for me!

Susan
that sucker was heavy, but absolutely movable

Sleuthster
02-12-2009, 01:22 PM
I get POS but what's SIL? Stupid-In-Law? I don't mean to make light of what you said but the way you said it?..I confess it made me chuckle.

Son In Law and I use that term losely. I like Stupid In Law much better.

MissieMt

thank you BB for doing that for us!!

jnTexas

I'm betting it stands for Son-In-law

greatwhitenorth
reporter in florida using twitter...good link

http://twitter.com/GSReporters

KaylynnCouture
02-12-2009, 01:23 PM

#1) Was it Haleigh or the gf that got up to go to the bathroom...I've read it both ways. (Course we dont really know one way or the other if that's even true)

#2) Was gf was sleeping with Haleigh that night or not? How could somebody take her out of the bed if an adult was sleeping right there with her.

I'm wondering if either gf had somebody over while bf was at work, or she went out somewhere and left the kids alone.

I didn't like the reference real mom made that kids said they had been "hit" but they were doing great???

1) I've heard it reported both ways too. I've seen it more often reported that Haleigh is who woke up to go to the bathroom though, but it's so hard to say without a confirmed report from LE or the girlfriend.

2) The sheriff said last night (I believe it was on Nancy Grace but it may have been on Greta) that the girlfriend was sleeping in the same bed as Haleigh, but the other child (the 3 or 4 year old brother) was in a different room sleeping. However, the father said that they were all in the same room. But, I think it's been pretty much confirmed that the girlfriend was definitely sleeping in the same room/same bed as Haleigh. (That's what she told LE at least)

amysmom
02-12-2009, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE=amysmom;3298340][QUOTE=EmMomma;3298237 I thought about Briana, too. I have ISSUES with that, too, though...how does one get sheet/blanket off of a bed with other people sleeping in it? :waitasec:

Just the blanket found, that's all. :) Now, though, it looks like LE placed the blanket there in Haleigh's case.

K! Thanks! :)

SuziQ
02-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Also mom's claim that in 2005 she rescued and revived her daughter was not backed up by documentation. She was never taken to the doc and the incident was not reported to LE. The part I have a problem with is a child that is under a doctors care for a genetic disease, and that had just almost drowned, was never taken to a doc. Most kids who almost drown develop pneumonia because of the bacteria in the water. Many kids who survive a drowning die as a result of the bacteria a few days later. I'm not buying mom's story at all and there is a good reason she lost custody. That said, I don't think mom has anything to do with Hayleigh's dissapearance.

passionflower
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
There was a case in Fla years ago, baby abducted from crib.........garage door was open.
Parents were accused IIRC, but never solved.
Neighbors dog acted up and the LE searched small pond........

MyTinkieGirl
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
If anyone interested in the proximity of SO to Haleigh's home....

offender.fdle.state.fl.us

Click on RED button on top of page

Choose Neighborhood Search....Standard

Put in Green Lane

Zip 32189

Radius...whatever you want

For "Display" choose MAP

Sleuthster
02-12-2009, 01:26 PM
There was a case in Fla years ago, baby abducted from crib.........garage door was open.
Parents were accused IIRC, but never solved.
Neighbors dog acted up and the LE searched small pond........

Sabrina Aisenberg

amysmom
02-12-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm betting it stands for Son-In-law

I use it as Sis-In-Law but I knew it couldn't be that cos she said "him" later..I bet you're right..lol..I've posted way too many stoopid things today..I think I need to take a nap! :)

aprilshowers
02-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Summerlee, on thread #3 you asked for the link to watch the mom rocking in the interview, here it is: (on the Greta show)

http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/index.html

It looks to me like nerves ... or she possibly could need a 'fix' ... or just distraught, etc.

Nedthan Johns
02-12-2009, 01:28 PM
1) I've heard it reported both ways too. I've seen it more often reported that Haleigh is who woke up to go to the bathroom though, but it's so hard to say without a confirmed report from LE or the girlfriend.

2) The sheriff said last night (I believe it was on Nancy Grace but it may have been on Greta) that the girlfriend was sleeping in the same bed as Haleigh, but the other child (the 3 or 4 year old brother) was in a different room sleeping. However, the father said that they were all in the same room. But, I think it's been pretty much confirmed that the girlfriend was definitely sleeping in the same room/same bed as Haleigh. (That's what she told LE at least)

In the interview with the Grandmother on Gretta, she said both kids were in the bed with Misty. It is possible I believe for someone to get up to go to the bathroom and not notice the child is there. One is usually very sleepy, but when she returned she would have noticed the child is missing.

My first inclination on this case is that there is NO foul play with the 17 year old or with the father. I think the child was taken.

Again think back to the Westerfield case. The biggest clue in this case is the brick left to prop the door open.

If there was foul play no need to mention a brick.

The child was taken. I fear the worst at this point. I believe the person who took her saw her out playing the night before. She is close to home. This person lives in the same area or close to the area.

Tonia
02-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Girlfriend explains more about missing Haleigh

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-12/story/girlfriend_explains_more_of_what_she_knows_about_m issing_haleigh

SuziQ
02-12-2009, 01:29 PM
This morning from Gainesville Sun on Twitter:

GSReporters: A sign on a truck reads"Please bring my granddaughter home. She's are heart. We love and miss our Haleigh bug-Shes my Doodle. Nana loves ... (http://twitter.com/GSReporters/statuses/1203288587)

GSReporters: Correction the grandfather not the father is talking (http://twitter.com/GSReporters/statuses/1203271250)

GSReporters: Mother's family still camped outside the father's neighborhood, father is talking casually to reporter about the door being locked or not. (http://twitter.com/GSReporters/statuses/1203266668)

GSReporters: FoxNews is about to go live with Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy (http://twitter.com/GSReporters/statuses/1203231346)

GSReporters: Sheriff says there are no current suspects. (http://twitter.com/GSReporters/statuses/1203010715)

Nedthan Johns

Put in Green Lane

Zip 32189

For "Display" choose MAP

Is this a mobile home park?

ROBLYN
Also mom's claim that in 2005 she rescued and revived her daughter was not backed up by documentation. She was never taken to the doc and the incident was not reported to LE. The part I have a problem with is a child that is under a doctors care for a genetic disease, and that had just almost drowned, was never taken to a doc. Most kids who almost drown develop pneumonia because of the bacteria in the water. Many kids who survive a drowning die as a result of the bacteria a few days later. I'm not buying mom's story at all and there is a good reason she lost custody. That said, I don't think mom has anything to do with Hayleigh's dissapearance.

SuziQ, ITA

EmMomma
02-12-2009, 01:31 PM

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-12/story/girlfriend_explains_more_of_what_she_knows_about_m issing_haleigh

"I don't care what people are saying about me because I didn't do it," Croslin said.

This comment bugs me. Maybe just typical 17 year old, but for some reason this doesn't sit right with me.

ElizaAvalon
02-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I wish there weren't so many conflicting reports. So much doesn't make sense to me.

If the back door was, indeed, locked and not broken into, it could only be opened from the inside.

Assuming we're going with Stranger Abduction, this means the creep did the following:

1) entered through the front door
2) opened the back door from inside
3) propped the back door open with a cinderblock
4) went to the bedroom and took the baby from a bed with 2 other people sleeping in it

Not working for me.

Why wouldn't the person just go back out the front door? Why go through all that opening of doors and propping and possibly waking up the gf?

Could there have been lights on in the front yard?

I don't know. I'm having trouble.

Beyond Belief
Weird a 32 lb cinder block shows up and a child abt 32 lbs disappear.

BostonSu

I helped my parents moving cinderblocks when I was 8 years old. I'm pretty sure a 17 year old could do it.

MyTinkieGirl
02-12-2009, 01:33 PM

Can't say...I'll get article that says she lives on "Green Lane"...I know it's also off "Hermit's Cove" (? cove) where news is using as a "generalized" area...

BostonSu
02-12-2009, 01:34 PM

I just heard the police decline to answer whether or not the GF had passed.

That sounds fishy to me.

Tonia
02-12-2009, 01:35 PM
In the article i linked above she says she took 2 poly's and that they were very taxing.

gibby207

I don't think the GF "did it," but I am inclined to think there may be some neglect on her part which gave the perp an opportunity to abduct Haleigh. I may be wrong, but that's MOO.

SuziQ
I haven't seen it mentioned here yet, and I don't remember where I saw it. But LE stated in their missing person report that Hayleigh's shoes were still in the house. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Texas Mist
02-12-2009, 01:36 PM
from what I understood in the presser yesterday the cinder block was propping the screen door open and the regular door was ajar. My MIL has a screen door on her back door. the screen door opens out and the regular door opens in. When they are carrying something big in or out they will prop the door open with something due to the hinge that makes it close.

I've also experienced mobile home screen doors (including the kind with the hydraulic door closer thingy at the top of the door) that are heavy enough to shut really hard causing the inside lock to lock the door.

It's happened to me many times. I'd walk out the door, it closed behind me & locked then I couldn't get back inside. Said door didn't have a keyhole to lock/unlock from the outside so the only way to get it open was to press the button & jerk repeatedly on the door handle hoping the locking mechanism would wiggle enough it would loosen so I could get back in. That makes a lot of noise - all that metal rattling around, and the door hitting against the jam.

When that didn't work, I had to find something to pry the latch (if alone) or knock on the door or holler for someone to let me in.

If this screen door is prone to closing shut with force enough to lock someone out -- that *knew* this potential behavior of the door - they may have propped it open so they wouldn't have to worry about that. Having a key to a deadbolt on the inner door wouldn't do any good if they couldn't get to it anyway.

Just an experience of mine I thought I'd toss out.

MyTinkieGirl

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-amberalert1109feb11,0,6960865.story

ETA : This must be it...they had mentioned "St. John's River" being the body of H2O near house....there's a "St. John's Court just off to the left.

amysmom

I knew they were heavy but thought more like a ton (not really but ya know) & thanks for lifting that sucker to prove the point :)

SuziQ
In the article i linked above she says she took 2 poly's and that they were very taxing.

I wonder if she had to take two because they were inconsistent?

Beyond Belief
02-12-2009, 01:37 PM
The young girlfriend is probably close to a nervous breakdown. She's in no condition to be doing anything.

Nedthan Johns
02-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Can't say...I'll get article that says she lives on "Green Lane"...I know it's also off "Hermit's Cove" (? cove) where news is using as a "generalized" area...

Yes, found and confirmed this is a mobile home park

Tonia

Good question.

MissieMt

from above link, Dad says

He said he tends to stay to himself.

“I don’t make friends, I don’t make enemies,” he said

ROBLYN
02-12-2009, 01:39 PM

Ok- So...

Dad leaves for work @3:45
GF has nephews over to play @5:00pm
School night- Haleigh to bed @8:15pm
GF to bed @10:15pm
Up at 3:00am child missing

10:15-3:00am...Back to square one....

Tonia- Thanks for the link..first hearing from gf.

Carrington
I guess we can rule out friends of Ron:

He said he tends to stay to himself.

“I don’t make friends, I don’t make enemies,” he said.

Nedthan Johns

Many times people are given two lie detectors in case one does show inconclusive, this is not an indicator of guilt.

IMO neither of these two (father and girlfriend) are suspects.

This is a stranger abduction.

The key lies when the children were out playing at 5pm that evening. We need to know who was playing with them and who was watching them.

Adrienne37
02-12-2009, 01:40 PM
From the Florida Times Union, updated at 12:37 p.m.

SATSUMA – The 17-year-old girlfriend of a Putnam County man whose 5-year-old daughter has been the focus on an intense three-day search has taken lie-detector tests and passed as far as she and her boyfriend know.

“I took two of them,” Misty Croslin said this morning down the street from where Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings vanished late Monday or early Tuesday. Haleigh’s father, Ronald Cummings, 25, said he also was tested and believes both he and his girlfriend passed.

“We have all offered to take lie detectors,” Cummings said of his family, who is staying nights mostly huddled beneath a canopy near the Green Lane mobile home that is still roped off by investigators. He said he is willing to do what is needed.

“If you need to draw blood, draw blood,” he said.

Sleuthster
The GF interview seems all about me me me. Remind you of someone?

"“I was so shook up that night, I kept moving,” she said. “I couldn’t stay still. I was crying.”

Has she even said "please bring Hayleigh back" like everyone else has??

Nedthan Johns
Ok- So...

Dad leaves for work @3:45
GF has nephews over to play @5:00pm
School night- Haleigh to bed @8:15pm
GF to bed @10:15pm
Up at 3:00am child missing

10:15-3:00am...Back to square one....

Key: GF has newphews over to play at 5:00pm Nephews fathers? friends? neighbors? Where were they playing.

Recovering-Lurker
02-12-2009, 01:41 PM
from above link, Dad says

I was just going to bring that up. That doen't sound good.

gibby207

Yeah... why 2 polys?

EmMomma
Good question.

She (GF) did say that she was very upset and moving a lot. I know that movement can interfere with a poly. Maybe this is why? I find it highly suspect that LE flat out said that dad passed but won't comment about GF.

Searchfortruth

I didn't like the reference real mom made that kids said they had been "hit" but they were doing great???More questions than answers at this point. There are quite a few things that are strange in this case. I have heard in all reports that the gf was sleeping w/ Haleigh and the gf got up to go to the bathroom, came back and discovered Haleigh missing with back door open. At about the same time the father enters the home from work. First, it is a coincidence that gf discovered Haleigh missing at the exact time that the father comes home from work, it may mean nothing, but it is strange. Also, the "abducted while going to the bathroom" scenario just sounds strange. I would not be too surprised to learn that the gf left the house and came back to find Haleigh missing.

MissieMt
02-12-2009, 01:42 PM
It sounds like gf is trying to excuse having to take 2 poly's because she was a nervous wreck about the girls disappearance. I would imagine Dad was 10 times worse off, and I have read no where that he had to take 2.
jus' sayin'

EmMomma
02-12-2009, 01:42 PM
The GF interview seems all about me me me. Remind you of someone?

"“I was so shook up that night, I kept moving,” she said. “I couldn’t stay still. I was crying.”

Has she even said "please bring Hayleigh back" like everyone else has??

She also said she doesn't care what people are saying about her.
Me, me, me. Like I posted before, could be just typical 17 y/o behavior, but I swear it made my head spin...and, yes, it DEFINITELY reminds me of someone.

obguthr
02-12-2009, 01:44 PM

It would not be that unusual IMHO, for a parent not to seek medical attention after such an event if they can't afford it. I don't know the bio-mom's financial status, but the daughter lived in a humble trailer. That would lead me to believe we're not talking about the Rockefellers here. It may be revealed that finances played a role in the custody arrangement.

lne1970
02-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Like.. a cinderblock?

Hilarious.......

Nedthan Johns
02-12-2009, 01:45 PM
The double-wide trailer on Green Lane where Haleigh lived with her father, Croslin and a 2-year-old brother showed no sign of forced entry, according to Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. A back door was ajar, sheriff's Capt. Steve Rose said.

The door was left unlocked. This was a planned abduction. Need to know more about the brick. Was it from or around the home or was it brought in?

Sparesly populated area. I saw something may lead back to the girlfriends extended family. This child was taken out of the area by car but is still close by.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-amberalert1109feb11,0,6960865.story

Satsuma is a sparsely inhabited area of Putnam County northwest of Ocala National Forest, according to Wes Larson, president of the Putnam County Chamber of Commerce

SuziQ
Many times people are given two lie detectors in case one does show inconclusive, this is not an indicator of guilt.

The key lies when the children were out playing at 5pm that evening. We need to know who was playing with them and who was watching them.

Until LE can clear the GF, she's top of my list. :)

RoseRed
Her rocking my be a result from a disorder, Touretts Syndrome/Autism, especially under emotional duress. I believe it is stated that the daughter has a known disabilty.

Her rocking could also be just a habit as she has a baby and possibly rocks that baby a lot.

Sleuthster
02-12-2009, 01:46 PM

ditto

KR2tonenow
02-12-2009, 01:47 PM
From video FOXNEWS Greta, the GF has known Haleigh and Jr. for 4 months and are quoted by Haleigh's bio Mother of saying that the children "loved her".

gibby207
02-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Maybe one poly for FL LE and one for FBI?

Wise Old Owl
02-12-2009, 01:48 PM

Put in Green Lane

Zip 32189

For "Display" choose MAP
what goes in front or in back of -

offender.fdle.state.fl.us - I put that in and get an error page.

amysmom
02-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Son In Law and I use that term losely. I like Stupid In Law much better.

Stupid Out Law..I got a few of them! :rolleyes:

SuziQ
02-12-2009, 01:49 PM
It would not be that unusual IMHO, for a parent not to seek medical attention after such an event if they can't afford it. I don't know the bio-mom's financial status, but the daughter lived in a humble trailer. That would lead me to believe we're not talking about the Rockefellers here. It may be revealed that finances played a role in the custody arrangement.

Except mom was ordered to pay child support.

Nedthan Johns
More questions than answers at this point. There are quite a few things that are strange in this case. I have heard in all reports that the gf was sleeping w/ Haleigh and the gf got up to go to the bathroom, came back and discovered Haleigh missing with back door open. At about the same time the father enters the home from work. First, it is a coincidence that gf discovered Haleigh missing at the exact time that the father comes home from work, it may mean nothing, but it is strange. Also, the "abducted while going to the bathroom" scenario just sounds strange. I would not be too surprised to learn that the gf left the house and came back to find Haleigh missing.

I think many of you are jumping to conclusions regarding this 17 year old. I may be wrong, but usually I'm not. 2 things jump out at me, the brick or cinder block, and the children playing at 5pm with the teenagers nephews.

Very normal to get up to go to the bathroom and then realize the child is gone. VERY possible for someone to have entered that home and taken a sleeping child from the bed. This child was targeted. The brick was most likely brought to break in, but wasn't needed. Door was left unlocked. Used to prop the door open. In and out. Very easy. This was done in the Westerfield case and many people believed it couldn't have been done. We had someone attempt to break into our home in Calif. once right below our bedroom, never heard a thing.

cajun
The double-wide trailer on Green Lane where Haleigh lived with her father, Croslin and a 2-year-old brother showed no sign of forced entry, according to Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. A back door was ajar, sheriff's Capt. Steve Rose said.

The door was left unlocked. This was a planned abduction. Need to know more about the brick. Was it from or around the home or was it brought in?

Sparesly populated area. I saw something may lead back to the girlfriends extended family. This child was taken out of the area by car but is still close by.

Satsuma is a sparsely inhabited area of Putnam County northwest of Ocala National Forest, according to Wes Larson, president of the Putnam County Chamber of Commerce

Last night, the father said he didn't go out in the backyard much but he never saw any cinder blocks that he could remember and didn't know where it could have come from.

Sleuthster
I am just wondering, does anyone get married before (or even after) they have kids anymore???

ROBLYN
Key: GF has newphews over to play at 5:00pm Nephews fathers? friends? neighbors? Where were they playing.

Nedthan Johns,
I have been thinking about this every since it was typed. Who are these people? Does anyone know? brother/sister of gf with children?

thanks for responding

murdershewrote
02-12-2009, 01:50 PM
I seem to recall in the dad's interview last night that he said something about a ramp (like disabled ramp) by the door. He said he never used that door except to move a vacuum cleaner to clean out his vehicle once in a while (paraphrasing here). Is there a ramp there?

If there's no sign of actual break in (door damage, etc.) then somebody must have picked the lock (or was let in). Leaving a cinder block there to keep the door open while perp takes out Haleigh seems a little too obvious to me. Hopefully would have prints on it...

The parallels to the Lundsford case here are many, maybe a copy cat?

I heard last night that the bloodhound hit near the water there...I think that's pretty significant. Glad to see Tim Miller is there with his group, they are so terrific.

Sprout
Maybe one reason LE haven't released the GF's poly results is the fact that she is 17?

TGIRecovered
She (GF) did say that she was very upset and moving a lot. I know that movement can interfere with a poly. Maybe this is why? I find it highly suspect that LE flat out said that dad passed but won't comment about GF.

I still have seen no official source to indicate that LE has confirmed Dad's opinion that he passed. If there is one, can you give us a link? TIA!

Susan

raeann
02-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Yeah... why 2 polys?

The statement actually says two "sessions" not exactly 2 polys....so perhaps they just needed to take a break for a bit because it was taking too long to get all the questions in.

SuziQ
02-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Maybe one poly for FL LE and one for FBI?

Good point. I wonder if dad had to take two poly's as well?

Nedthan Johns
02-12-2009, 01:52 PM

Then let me be the first to say this is a stranger abduction (although I think a close connection or aquantance to the girlfriend might be linked) The girlfriend has nothing to do with it.

Who was the girl taken from her trailer home in Florida by the neighbor about a year after the vanDam case? anyone remember her name, also blond? Same exact scenario. The child was living with the father and grandmother I believe.

kellync
Who was the childs caregiver before the teen came along?
Who are the relatives that came over and how old were they.
I am leaning towards an abduction rather than a wander off situation, but---did anyone notice how FAST that river was moving on Greta last night? That river was really really moving.

obguthr
Except mom was ordered to pay child support.

Non custodial parents are almost always required to pay child support. I don't receive it from my ex, but she and I agreed to that arrangement. Had we been unable to agree and let the courts decide, whoever prevailed would likely be paying the other.

SuziQ
02-12-2009, 01:53 PM
The statement actually says two "sessions" not exactly 2 polys....so perhaps they just needed to take a break for a bit because it was taking too long to get all the questions in.

(snip)
The 17-year-old girlfriend of a Putnam County man whose 5-year-old daughter has been the focus on an intense three-day search has taken lie-detector tests and passed as far as she and her boyfriend know.

“I took two of them,” Misty Croslin said this morning down the street from where Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings vanished late Monday or early Tuesday. Haleigh’s father, Ronald Cummings, 25, said he also was tested and believes both he and his girlfriend passed.

ElizaAvalon
Door and weather questions.

This is Florida. Right on a river. Is it warm enough for mosquitoes this time of year? Wouldn't an open door invite the buggers into the house and wouldn't the occupants notice?

ceyler
here:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/12/missing.florida.girl/index.html

The father of a missing 5-year-old Florida girl said he and his girlfriend have taken and passed polygraph tests.

colomom

Only reason I can think of is because she failed the first one....

Nedthan Johns
Last night, the father said he didn't go out in the backyard much but he never saw any cinder blocks that he could remember and didn't know where it could have come from.

Thank you. Has this been confirmed that this is a cynder block or a brick?

Was brought to break in the home, perpetrator did not need it because door was unlocked. This was a planned abduction.

peytnsmom
02-12-2009, 01:54 PM
I wonder if Haleigh got up because she heard someone come into the trailer and thought it was her dad and she ran into the perp instead?

Nedthan Johns
02-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Only reason I can think of is because she failed the first one....

Again, having family in LE, she was most likely given 2 because the first one was inconclusive. Inconclusive tests do not mean she is lying. She could have been moving, crying, etc. This does not indicate guilt by any means

SuziQ
Then let me be the first to say this is a stranger abduction (although I think a close connection or aquantance to the girlfriend might be linked) The girlfriend has nothing to do with it.

Who was the girl taken from her trailer home in Florida by the neighbor about a year after the vanDam case? anyone remember her name, also blond? Same exact scenario. The child was living with the father and grandmother I believe.

Jessica Lundsford? Oh stranger abductions happen. But they are rare. Foul play against a child under five is almost always caused by a parent or significant other of the parent.

EmMomma
I still have seen no official source to indicate that LE has confirmed Dad's opinion that he passed. If there is one, can you give us a link? TIA!

Susan

You're right, I don't know that I actually heard LE confirm that he passed his poly. My bad. :blushing:

KR2tonenow
Ditto on TES, Tim Miller: could have been someone associated with GF. Relatives or friends. I hate to say it, but there are those who may profit from the Sell of a child.
This community is so close to the beach where easily she could have been cartered over to Costa Rica. They have yet found Madeline McCann abducted from bedroom while her parents dined a few hundred yards away.

Nedthan Johns
02-12-2009, 01:56 PM
I seem to recall in the dad's interview last night that he said something about a ramp (like disabled ramp) by the door. He said he never used that door except to move a vacuum cleaner to clean out his vehicle once in a while (paraphrasing here). Is there a ramp there?

If there's no sign of actual break in (door damage, etc.) then somebody must have picked the lock (or was let in). Leaving a cinder block there to keep the door open while perp takes out Haleigh seems a little too obvious to me. Hopefully would have prints on it...

The parallels to the Lundsford case here are many, maybe a copy cat?

I heard last night that the bloodhound hit near the water there...I think that's pretty significant. Glad to see Tim Miller is there with his group, they are so terrific.

ahhh, thank you Lundsford case. Same thing here folks. Same thing

Nedthan Johns
02-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Ditto on TES, Tim Miller: could have been someone associated with GF. Relatives or friends. I hate to say it, but there are those who may profit from the Sell of a child.
This community is so close to the beach where easily she could have been cartered over to Costa Rica. They have yet found Madeline McCann abducted from bedroom while her parents dined a few hundred yards away.

IMO, this child was abducted by a pedophile.

aprilshowers
Grandmother on motherside says she still feels Haleigh's soul is still here on Earth.

http://twitter.com/GSReporters

drew
About the cinder block ( or as we call them here, cement blocks)
GF said on 911 call it was a brick not a cement block. Don't know if that matters or not.
Maybe GF propped door with brick so she could go out after kids were in bed and be able to get back in. When she gets home Haleigh is gone and she doesn't want to tell the dad she was out.
Just a thought

cajun
Thank you. Has this been confirmed that this is a cynder block or a brick?

Was brought to break in the home, perpetrator did not need it because door was unlocked. This was a planned abduction.

sheriff said cinder block, not brick

Georgia101957
02-12-2009, 01:58 PM

Jessica Marie Lunsford

alwaysonmymind

More from the article-

SATSUMA – The 17-year-old girlfriend of a Putnam County man whose 5-year-old daughter has been the focus on an intense three-day search has taken lie-detector tests and passed as far as she and her boyfriend know.

“We have all offered to take lie detectors,” Cummings said of his family, who is staying nights mostly huddled beneath a canopy near the Green Lane mobile home that is still roped off by investigators. He said he is willing to do what is needed.

snip

She said taking the polygraph in a pair of sessions was taxing.

“I was so shook up that night, I kept moving,” she said. “I couldn’t stay still. I was crying.”

snip

He said Croslin had taken a polygraph but would not discuss outcomes of any of the tests.

I'm getting a bad feeling...

cajun

That's my thinking too. 44 of them in a 5 miles radius of the house

TGIRecovered
02-12-2009, 01:59 PM
here:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/12/missing.florida.girl/index.html

The father of a missing 5-year-old Florida girl said he and his girlfriend have taken and passed polygraph tests.

So, according to this statment, this is the father's opinion that they passed. Not a confirmation by Law Enforcement.

Thanks for the link!

Susan

Nedthan Johns
Jessica Lundsford? Oh stranger abductions happen. But they are rare. Foul play against a child under five is almost always caused by a parent or significant other of the parent.

This one shouts stranger abduction. After listening to the 911 tape and seeing the video on the father, IMO they are not involved. There is something that occurred or happened at 5:00pm during the play with the nephews. The fathers and mothers of those nephews need to be interviewed.

momtective
Here are a few pics of Haleigh's home and surounding area to give everyone an idea of just what the home looks like. Aluminum doors, modular home looks to sit about 2 ft above the ground with skirting. Sorry, I have none of the back of the home but I understand there is a wheelchair ramp deck on the back of the home.
The doors look to be very light weight as with most modular homes so I don't understand the need for the cinder block.
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/momtective/Haleigh%20Cummings/Haleighhome1.jpg
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/momtective/Haleigh%20Cummings/frontdoorHaleighshome.jpg
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/momtective/Haleigh%20Cummings/areaaroundHaleighshome.jpg

Mother and Grandfather
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/momtective/Haleigh%20Cummings/HaleighMotherGfather.jpg
Neighbor
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/momtective/Haleigh%20Cummings/JimBachelorHaleighneighbor.jpg
SO who lives 500 feet from Haleigh's home
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/momtective/Haleigh%20Cummings/CallImage.jpg
SO that lives 0.5 mile (2500 feet) from Haleigh's home
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/momtective/Haleigh%20Cummings/TimothyRandolph.jpg

ceyler
02-12-2009, 02:00 PM
So, according to this statment, this is the father's opinion that they passed. Not a confirmation by Law Enforcement.

Thanks for the link!

Susan

Yes, that is true...the father's opinion....Nothing confirmed from LE.

cajun
02-12-2009, 02:00 PM
This might have been on other thread, but I didn't read the whole thing so if a repost, sorry..

Mother of missing girl speaks

http://www.cbs47.com/media/news/c/b/3/cb35fdd5-dc54-4d40-b792-c24d6c4aa4d2/Contributor.jpg Contributor: Katie Kosciolek
Email: kkosciolek@tvjaxfl.com
Last Update: 9:24 am

(javascript:window.print();)[/URL]
http://www.cbs47.com/images/textsize/11N.gifhttp://www.cbs47.com/images/textsize/12S.gifhttp://www.cbs47.com/images/textsize/14N.gifhttp://www.cbs47.com/images/textsize/16N.gif

http://wtev.img.cdn.dayport.com/img/dp_thumbs/thumb_1234406063828_0p08843575216217936.jpg
Related Links

SATSUMA, Fla. --- Crystal Sheffield and many of her family members have been waiting along the street where her daughter was last seen. We caught up with her as she was clinging the kindergarten picture of her daughter while crying.

“It’s tearing me apart, and whoever’s doing this they’re wrong…they hurt a lot of people and they just need to bring her home,” says Crystal Sheffield.

Sheffield is the biological mother of Haleigh Cummings. Sheffield tells us she met Ronald Cummings when she was 14. They had two children together before splitting up when Sheffield was 19

[URL]http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstories/story/Mother-of-missing-girl-speaks/PiNVJOKIxkW60ceylDy8Ng.cspx (javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ ctl00$CommonPage$CommonBody$CommonContent$CommonLe ftColumn$Main$V$_$EmailStory',''))

Nedthan Johns
02-12-2009, 02:01 PM
That's my thinking too. 44 of them in a 5 miles radius of the house

Florida unfortunately is full of pedophiles.

Same speculations and aqusations were made in the Lundsford case. Again from the beginning I said stranger abduction. Not because I think I psychic because I follow the clues.

Brick/cynder block out of place. Left to prop door open. Think folks, this girl is only 17 do you think she thought that one up on her on in a phoney story to cover if she had in fact done anything wrong?

EmMomma
Jessica Marie Lunsford

How did Couey get into Jessica's room? A window, right?

amysmom
Nedthan Johns,
I have been thinking about this every since it was typed. Who are these people? Does anyone know? brother/sister of gf with children?

thanks for responding

G/F said her 2 nephews the same age as H. She didn't mention anyone else being there.

obguthr
02-12-2009, 02:02 PM
I skipped a few threads, so I may have missed it. Has KJ from 500 ft. away been cleared? He has a good view of Haleigh's home from his residence from what I could see on Google Maps streetview. I'm sure he has seen her outside playing and may have been tempted.

ElizaAvalon
Assuming this was an abduction by someone who is not the gf and not the father, we can't rule out non-strangers just yet.

Perhaps the reasons gf had to do 2 sessions is because she is hiding something. I'm not saying she is involved in any way. But maybe there's a piece of the puzzle she can't tell because she doesn't want the bf to go ballistic.

Maybe she had a visitor that she doesn't want the bf to know about?

Maybe she herself wasn't in the bed or even in the home at all until 3 AM?

I'm also wondering who watched the kids overnight while he worked before the gf came along.

ROBLYN

No facts to back this up..."my gut' has been going Crazy that it is a pedophile since yesterday. I'm sure of it! please be gentle everyone, just my feelings from everything.

God i pray they find her today! If this was planned, he has her stashed somewhere and probably has supplies...

babycat
I am just wondering, does anyone get married before (or even after) they have kids anymore???

I personally think that's irrelevant:) I am happily with my boyfriend of 7 years and we're not married, don't plan on it anytime soon. My sister has a two children and is unmarried.

Wonderul parent she is:) And her boyfriend, too.

kellync
02-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Fox news reporting this is an abduction
The GF was in same room when she was abducted
Mother of Haleigh, in 2005 when girl was in dads custody, said in a court document- dad failed to keep controll, and girl would wander off

EmMomma
Here are a few pics of Haleigh's home and surounding area to give everyone an idea of just what the home looks like. Aluminum doors, modular home looks to sit about 2 ft above the ground with skirting. Sorry, I have none of the back of the home but I understand there is a wheelchair ramp deck on the back of the home.
The doors look to be very light weight as with most modular homes so I don't understand the need for the cinder block.

ITA, looks like a flimsy storm door...and in that pic, it's open with nothing propping it.

Nedthan Johns
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/momtective/Haleigh%20Cummings/Haleighhome1.jpg
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/momtective/Haleigh%20Cummings/frontdoorHaleighshome.jpg
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/momtective/Haleigh%20Cummings/areaaroundHaleighshome.jpg

Mother and Grandfather
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/momtective/Haleigh%20Cummings/HaleighMotherGfather.jpg
Neighbor
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/momtective/Haleigh%20Cummings/JimBachelorHaleighneighbor.jpg
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/momtective/Haleigh%20Cummings/CallImage.jpg
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/momtective/Haleigh%20Cummings/TimothyRandolph.jpg

Excellent thank you. The last photo jumps out at me for some reason. More info on this guy?

Sleuthster

Mother and Grandfather
Neighbor

Childhood song just poped into head

who are the people in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood, in your neeeighborhood?

marlap
GF said on 911 call it was a brick not a cement block. Don't know if that matters or not.
Maybe GF propped door with brick so she could go out after kids were in bed and be able to get back in. When she gets home Haleigh is gone and she doesn't want to tell the dad she was out.
Just a thought

I thought of that at first too, but then realized that if the gf had left, she wouldn't need to prop the door open, just leave it unlocked or even locked if she had a key.

I think the brick propping the door open suggests that someone wanted to be able to easily leave without fiddling with a door handle because they knew their arms would be full carrying Haleigh.

I also think it may be someone the child knew. Maybe a friend or coworker of her father's or the gf's.

I could be wrong...that's just a gut feeling.

peytnsmom
02-12-2009, 02:04 PM
I think at this point if anyone knows that the g/f was somewhere other than the home between 8pm and 3am they would have come forward by now unless they are involved.

colomom
02-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Again, having family in LE, she was most likely given 2 because the first one was inconclusive. Inconclusive tests do not mean she is lying. She could have been moving, crying, etc. This does not indicate guilt by any means

But....if she passed the first one...why have a second? Wouldn't a decent poly operator tell her to sit still? I do not beleive it has ever been stated that the tests were "inconclusive". Sorry NJ, I don't think I can let her off the hook that easily.

IMO, the brick is a stage. The father said the back door was locked, it was not regularly used and that it was difficult to lock....door had to be forced closed before lock would engage.

Sorry....my manners....good morning all. Took me 3 hours to catch up!!

Nedthan Johns
How did Couey get into Jessica's room? A window, right?

I believe it was through an unlocked door as well if memory serves me right.

EmMomma
Fox news reporting this is an abduction
The GF was in same room when she was abducted
Mother of Haleigh, in 2005 when girl was in dads custody, said in a court document- dad failed to keep controll, and girl would wander off

Bold is mine.
That's an interesting accusation, since dad said on national TV that there's no way Haleigh would wander off. :waitasec:

Nedthan Johns
02-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Just a thought

That matter and is hugely significant. Less likely someone would bring a cynder block to break in. The brick was brought to gain entrance to the home.

swanniee11
In those pictures of the home, that door is the front door right? The door we're all talking about is the backdoor???? I'm I correct that we don't have a pic of the door that was "propped" with a cinderblock?

As for the 2 lie detector tests, she could have taken 1 then they had more questions (different questions) so she took another. I"m not leaning towards either one of these 2 people. I'm on the kidnapping theory.

Also, they have been dating for 4-6 months, do we know if she was 16 at the time? This has nothing to do with it but I was just wondering.

babycat
Some quick thoughts after reading the last thread:

I noticed someone mentioned the mom's "friend" who blogged about Darlier Routier, etc. Imagine my surprise when I clicked the link and found my friend Holliston.

He's a great guy, and a wonderful blogger who also does a lot of true crime/missing persons. I've had close contact with him for at least 4 years. He does a lot for missing persons:) Obviously, he's also a friend of my myspace. This is either coincidental, or she added him because he is blogging about the missing child on his website.

Grrrr, I forgot the other point I wanted to address, and I'm not wading back through that thread:(

Lancelot, your posts were cracking me up

EmMomma
Childhood song just poped into head

who are the people in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood, in your neeeighborhood?

:sick:

Sleuthster
02-12-2009, 02:07 PM
That matter and is hugely significant. Less likely someone would bring a cynder block to break in. The brick was brought to gain entrance to the home.

I wonder if LE has checked the yards of the 2 neighborhood peodophiles for cinder blocks?

drew
I think at this point if anyone knows that the g/f was somewhere other than the home between 8pm and 3am they would have come forward by now unless they are involved.

exactly unless they are involved
Remember that bunch that Couey lived with? They all lied about him.

warbuckle

I think I found her myspace page last night. She goes by Lil missy. It looked liked she had a sister a little older with 3 children. Two boys. From the pictures I saw her sister also lives in a mobile home. Not sure what is going on here. I will see if I can find it again.

babycat
02-12-2009, 02:08 PM
momtective, thanks so much for those pics!

Nedthan Johns
I wonder if LE has checked the yards of the 2 neighborhood peodophiles for cinder blocks?

Sleuthster: confirmed to be a brick not a cement block

Originally Posted by drew
Just a thought

ElizaAvalon
Excellent thank you. The last photo jumps out at me for some reason. More info on this guy?

He's a predator. There's more info on one of the other threads. He's a very bad man.

Nedthan Johns
I think I found her myspace page last night. She goes by Lil missy. It looked liked she had a sister a little older with 3 children. Two boys. From the pictures I saw her sister also lives in a mobile home. Not sure what is going on here. I will see if I can find it again.

Warbuckle, link to MySpace?

Sleuthster
02-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Sleuthster: confirmed to be a brick not a cement block

Originally Posted by drew
Just a thought

Thanks,

So I wonder if LE has checked the yards of the 2 neighborhood peodophiles for bricks.

Beyond Belief
Couey let himself in, woke jesse up and told her tht her father sent him to get her. he waited outside her bedroom door while she got dressed to go.

LaLaw2000

Nor is it an indication of innocence either. An inconclusive polygraph is almost always followed up by another polygraph. Inconclusive could mean that she is moving around or shaking too much for the polygraph to be clear. It could mean any number of things, but not absolutely not indicative of guilt OR innocence. It makes sense that LE would allow MC to rest inbetween polygraphs. IMO, if the second polygraph is inconclusive, I would tend to believe that she knows more than she was saying.

ROBLYN

I read his stuff last night..i hope someone can pull it up quick. He Scares the begeebies out of me. THIS is a Very Bad Man!

Searchfortruth
Yeah... why 2 polys?Exactly, and why didn't LE confirm the results of those polygraphs ? That in itself sounds fishy.

LovingTheChaos
02-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Florida unfortunately is full of pedophiles.

Same speculations and aqusations were made in the Lundsford case. Again from the beginning I said stranger abduction. Not because I think I psychic because I follow the clues.

Brick/cynder block out of place. Left to prop door open. Think folks, this girl is only 17 do you think she thought that one up on her on in a phoney story to cover if she had in fact done anything wrong?

This is my feeling also. 17 year olds sleep like the dead, so do 2 year olds & 5 year olds. I can see an intruder walking in the front door, or even an unlocked back door, snooping around, (possibly even trying this on an earlier occassion). On the night of the abduction, he walks in, decided the front would be to risky to exit from, so he opens the back door quietly, props it open with a cinder block, this way, it doesn't swing shut when he leaves. He walks into the bedroom, scoops up the sleeping child, and exits the back door, where there is less likelyhood of someone spotting him.

kellync
02-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Bold is mine.
That's an interesting accusation, since dad said on national TV that there's no way Haleigh would wander off. :waitasec:
I think so too, and from the way that dad gave Mom a break last night by not saying anything "bad" about her, the gloves may be about to come off. The Dad said last night on GVS, "this is not a custody battle". I am heartbroken here, I feel someone took her, and with all of the RSOs in the area, I am leaning towards that. The parents are under tremendous stress and bound to throw blame around now. If Haleigh is 5 yrs old now, how the heck old was she when she was wandering??? I wonder what the neighbors who lived near their last place of residence would say, and who the heck was in charge of this little girl BEFORE the teen G/F came along, I need the answer to that question, cant get it out of my head...