PDA

View Full Version : FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #10

Pages : 1 [2]

mydailyopinions
02-13-2009, 02:15 PM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q59/chachajen/genthumbashx.jpg

Found this on the 4pm special link that was just posted.

Help me to understand something..I thought that the back door was the one that was open with the screen door held open with the brick?
This picture clearly shows that the front part of the house with the front door has the porch attached...
What am I missing here?
Also, I am pretty sure the Kitchen is located in the back part of this house facing those woods...

impatientredhead
02-13-2009, 02:15 PM
I slept through a tree coming through my house, during hurricane Gloria. I was about 18 y/o. I wasn't on anything AND it was a nap in the middle of the day. I wish I could sleep like that now!

The household I grew up in with a lunatic for a mother, who liked to mix a little, well a lot of prescription pills with a bottle of brandy, and then throw in her pedophile boyfriend/husband.... I am the lightest sleeper. When I first moved in with my now husband he could not make a movement towards getting out of bed without me being wide awake. Poor thing just wanted to surprise me with coffee on my nightstand. Fat chance. If it is just us in the house I am a little better now, but add someone else in the house and I think the front door moving would wake me up. If I had chosen to have kids I might never have slept again.

kiki the parrot
02-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Finally caught up! Whew! I like general discussion threads and media threads rather than trying to keep up with 15 different threads!

That LE did not answer the question of whether or not Haleigh had been in school on Monday tells me something. The Dad had said he was at the school bus stop when Haleigh got home from school on Monday, IIRC. That statement is out there. The question is a simple one. I believe that had Haleigh been in school on Monday, LE would have simply stated, "Yes, she was. Next question."

(bold mine) Yes, dad did claim to get her from busstop from school, but I'm sure among other things LE has narrowed down, independent of dad and gf, WHO and WHEN were the other last people to see Haleigh, meaning besides gf's bro. Such as neighbors eg, when exactly were the children playing together outside?

*3:00PM Monday night Haleigh's dad goes to work
*5:00PM Monday night visit from Misty's Brother and Nephews
*8:00 PM Monday night Junior and Haleigh were put in bed
*8-10 PM Monday Night Misty stayed up washing Blanket cleaning and taking out trash.
*10:00PM Monday night Checked the back door then Misty G/F went to bed in same bed as Junior different bed than Haleigh BUT same room
*3:00AM Tuesay Morning Misty gets up to go to bathroom notices light in kitchen on, sees back door propped with cinder block WIDE open
*3:00AM Tuesday morning Haleigh's Dad leaves work to come home
* AM Tuesday morning call placed to 911
*3:49AM Tuesday morning Haleigh's Dad's Mom Calls Bio-mom of Haleigh (Crystal) to tell her Haleigh is missing

Just trying to see how things played out I know we dont have a definite of Haleigh attending school for the day anything I missed/ messed up?
:waitasec:
Thanks, we also need to know where in timeline are A/C man's visit, and Haleigh & Junior playing w neighbor kids? JMO

:parrot:

Thrs0806
02-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Ok, I'm a few hours (and probably 1000's of posts) behind you guys so bear with me if this has been discussed. I must say this while it's on my mind..

It will be very interesting to know if drugs were found in the trailer. ITA with everyone that the players in this case are at least pot smokers. So there has to be evidence of this in their home. I will find it very telling if no drugs are found because to me that means they had time to "stash" any signs of drug use before the cops arrived. If their story is true, found Haleigh missing at 3, Dad home and 911 called 3:27, and real shock of finding a child missing, there would not be enough time to "stash" the drugs........I don't even think that would come to mind in that situation.

I found the PC this morning with the Sheriff very interesting, he didn't want to give us any details at all about their investigation. I think that if everything that Dad and GF were saying was adding up in this case they would have at least let us know. If they thought everything was pointing to a stranger, they would be more anixous to get the word out for the public to be on guard. After 4 days, Haleigh could be anywhere in the US! I just didn't get that Vibe from him this morning.

marlap
02-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Ok y'all, I have questions:

The gf woke up and found Haleigh gone. Dad was not home. She waited 27 minutes to call LE and Dad was there as she's talking to the operator....

1. Do we think she waited to call LE until he came home because she felt like she needed his permission?

2. Do we know whether she called him to come home early or was that the normal time he got off?

3. If that was his normal time to get off and she waited for him to get there before calling LE, had she called him as he was leaving work or on his way home from work?

4. Wouldn't he have told her to call LE right then and not wait til he arrived?

My working theory has so far been that she either left and forgot to lock the door when she returned or she had company and forgot to lock the door when they left and a stranger/acquaintance came in and took Haleigh.

I'm wondering about the dad though because of the weird phone time lapses and coinkidinks.

mydailyopinions
02-13-2009, 02:18 PM
I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH TIM AND READ THE POST TO HIM. YOU CAN JUST IMAGINE HIS ANGER. I WON'T REPEAT WHAT HE SAID!! LOL!!

HE WANTS TO KNOW HOW TO TRACE TO THE PERSON EMBEDDED. IF YOU KNOW HOW PLEASE LET ME KNOW. HE WILL BE ON THE LOOKOUT IN THE MEANTIME. TOLD HIM I WOULD CALL HIM BACK ONCE PICTURES ARE POSTED SO HE CAN SEE THEM AND MAYBE FIGURE OUT WHO THE PERSON IS.

THANKS,
GRANNYL:furious:

We must remember that there is more than TES on the ground right now...the sheriffs department also has searchers out looking..
We don't know if this person is embedded with TES or the Sheriffs Department!

SeriouslySearching
02-13-2009, 02:18 PM
I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH TIM AND READ THE POST TO HIM. YOU CAN JUST IMAGINE HIS ANGER. I WON'T REPEAT WHAT HE SAID!! LOL!!

HE WANTS TO KNOW HOW TO TRACE TO THE PERSON EMBEDDED. IF YOU KNOW HOW PLEASE LET ME KNOW. HE WILL BE ON THE LOOKOUT IN THE MEANTIME. TOLD HIM I WOULD CALL HIM BACK ONCE PICTURES ARE POSTED SO HE CAN SEE THEM AND MAYBE FIGURE OUT WHO THE PERSON IS.

THANKS,
GRANNYL:furious:Thanks, GL. (I hope 49 other people didn't call him, too!) No, I have no clue since I don't twitter...but Georgia said they contacted the poster. Maybe he/she can prevent it from taking place by letting them know it is not acceptable.

impatientredhead
02-13-2009, 02:19 PM

THANKS,

do you have the link to where they posted that statement, we might be able to figure something out

impatientredhead
02-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Ok y'all, I have questions:

The gf woke up and found Haleigh gone. Dad was not home. She waited 27 minutes to call LE and Dad was there as she's talking to the operator....

1. Do we think she waited to call LE until he came home because she felt like she needed his permission?

2. Do we know whether she called him to come home early or was that the normal time he got off?

3. If that was his normal time to get off and she waited for him to get there before calling LE, had she called him as he was leaving work or on his way home from work?

4. Wouldn't he have told her to call LE right then and not wait til he arrived?

My working theory has so far been that she either left and forgot to lock the door when she returned or she had company and forgot to lock the door when they left and a stranger/acquaintance came in and took Haleigh.

I'm wondering about the dad though because of the weird phone time lapses and coinkidinks.

She actually called dad's cellphone before she called 911, to which he replied why the F are you calling me? Call the police. Which she does and he arrives as she starts talking

cajun
02-13-2009, 02:21 PM
How can I find out if there are any SO in my community? There being 44 in that community just makes me sick.

Here in my county you can go to the sheriff's dept website and see. I believe also out state police has a site too. I looked and there was like one in my area and it was a female.

mydailyopinions
02-13-2009, 02:22 PM

Help me to understand something..I thought that the back door was the one that was open with the screen door held open with the brick?
This picture clearly shows that the front part of the house with the front door has the porch attached...
What am I missing here?
Also, I am pretty sure the Kitchen is located in the back part of this house facing those woods...

Quoting my own post...forgive me..
I am really lost on this one! I know the kitchen is in the back part of this house, which would also be where the washer and dryer are! The screen door could only be on the front!

cocoamom
I have had this question in my mind since the first time I saw these pictures. If the screen door was propped open with a cinderblock - why? It clearly stays open by itself. It's been very windy here the last week - is it propped open with that little metal slidy thing or does it just dangle open by itself.

Was an intruder afraid it would slam and wake the house? Was the intruder someone who knew the door might slam? What do you all think? See links below - EDIT: Sorry - slides 8 and 9 in the slideshow at the link below.

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18707417/detail.html

Georgia101957

THANKS,

http://twitter.com/GSReporters
http://www.gainesville.com/
http://www.gainesville.com/article/99999999/MISC/490374240?
template=art_plain

It does not say the reporters name, but I did contact the reporter via Twitter and told them it was not allowed.

Recovering-Lurker

THANKS,

The Twitter is linked to http://www.gainesville.com/ The person is a reporter for this site (at least that's what they are saying). They may not be with a TES group, but I'm sure Tim will want to check it out.

PattyCake
02-13-2009, 02:23 PM
do you have the link to where they posted that statement, we might be able to figure something out

Gosh, I leave for 5 minutes and I'm lost. What did I miss? What is this about with Tim and tracing someone?

MeoW333
Thanks, GL. (I hope 49 other people didn't call him, too!) No, I have no clue since I don't twitter...but Georgia said they contacted the poster. Maybe he/she can prevent it from taking place by letting them know it is not acceptable.

They'd have to trace IP by looking at the pictures and seeing where the location is

Tonia
Wow! I only worked a half a day and you guys are on the ball. So much to read,im guessing there is nothing new today. If i am wrong please update me.Im begging,please dont make me go read all those posts! =)

tehcloser
I just got off the phone with Gainesville Sun....I told them that posting pics of TES searches was a no no and he might want to inform his "imbedded" reporter of that. Said he would take care of it....we'll see.

JenBMomto3
(bold mine) Yes, dad did claim to get her from busstop from school, but I'm sure among other things LE has narrowed down, independent of dad and gf, WHO and WHEN were the other last people to see Haleigh. Ie, besides gf's bro. Meaning the neighbors eg, when exactly were the children playing together outside?

:waitasec:
Thanks, but we also need to know where in timeline are A/C man's visit, and Haleigh & Junior playing w neighbor children?? JMO

agreed I am looking for those times a/c man and neighborhood children and exact 911 calls, I see places say 2 were placed one by misty another by ronald.

MyTinkieGirl
*Bolded by me* This statement gives me a very sick feeling in my stomach.

Are you talking about a similar statement of "getting rid" of the squirrel "plastered" on the car frame"??

petresq_algc
02-13-2009, 02:24 PM
http://www.familywatchdog.us/

this is one of a few out there you can use to check.

and another

http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/Conditions.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Wow! Within my zip code - 83 offenders & 14 non-mappable? offenders. :eek:

elle1919
02-13-2009, 02:24 PM
I am really lost on this one! I know the kitchen is in the back part of this house, which would also be where the washer and dryer are! The screen door could only be on the front!

Is that pic you posted Haleigh's house that she was abducted from?

marlap
02-13-2009, 02:25 PM
She actually called dad's cellphone before she called 911, to which he replied why the F are you calling me? Call the police. Which she does and he arrives as she starts talking

Good, thanks!

lorilei
Thanks to everyone. I was not aware I could find this out. I have 6 kids and the youngest being 6 years old. This info. is awesome.

momtective

THANKS,

He's with GSReporters
Gainsville Sun
Here's their web link http://www.gainesville.com/
His twitter link http://twitter.com/GSReporters

SeriouslySearching
02-13-2009, 02:26 PM
I am really lost on this one! I know the kitchen is in the back part of this house, which would also be where the washer and dryer are! The screen door could only be on the front!Some people would consider the door near the bedrooms a back door even if it on the front of the house. Make sense? The front door opens into the living room.

murdershewrote
02-13-2009, 02:26 PM
I haven't been able to keep up today, but last night I had a couple of questions...

#1 I wouldn't be surprised if gf got rid of any drugs in the house (and I bet there were some, probably pot), before she & Dad called the police.

#2 OK, the door is wide open held by cinder brick and the kitchen light is on....wouldn't it have gotten pretty cold in the house with the door left wide open (it gets chilly in FL at night this time of year). We don't know what time she was taken, that door could have been open from 10 pm to 3 am... and

#3 why would somebody who is abducting a child turn the light on? I would think they would want it to stay as dark as possible. Maybe to give Haleigh a cookie or something like that?

So cool air is circulating thru the house and the kitchen light comes on and this gf doesn't wake up?

mydailyopinions
02-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Is that pic you posted Haleigh's house that she was abducted from?

Yes, and if you look up on the site that cocoamom posted on slides 8 and 9
http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18707417/detail.html
you will see that the car is in the front..This is where dad said he pulled up that night and seen the gf standing..
The screen porch is in the front, not the back!

jnTexas

What am I missing here?

If you look at the bottom left corner of the trailor you will see the back door and it does have a screen door on it I can see the metal across the middle. this door most likely enters into the laundry room which in most not all mobile homes opens to the kitchen.

Also he said there was a ramp leading to the back door (tree in pic probably covers it) a cinder block could have been on there to hold the screen (storm door) door open.

SeriouslySearching
I just got off the phone with Gainesville Sun....I told them that posting pics of TES searches was a no no and he might want to inform his "imbedded" reporter of that. Said he would take care of it....we'll see.Bravo! You are so smart! :blowkiss: (I guess I didn't catch that it was a real reporter!)

Searchfortruth
02-13-2009, 02:28 PM

What am I missing here?
Also, I am pretty sure the Kitchen is located in the back part of this house facing those woods...I was confused also when I saw this picture yesterday. I can not see a "back door" on either of these two sides shown...? :confused:

nittany90
02-13-2009, 02:28 PM

What am I missing here?

I'm pretty sure I read that right off the backdoor which was propped open with a cinderblock, is a handicapped ramp, which I don't see in the photo. (Maybe the ramp is simply hidden by the brush) Sorry, not sure where the link is.

Wonder if there is another door which we cannot see in the photo (possibly near the neighbor at the upper end of the photo?

wallflower67
02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
This statement made by the dad bothers me:

"I'd give my life for my child's life back."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIJOg...eature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIJOgHjRTDo&feature=related)

at 1:04

It clearly indicates that he at least believes that Hayleigh is deceased.

Not to be morbid, but she probably is. Statistically, if a pedo has her, the child is usually dead within the first few hours. He's probably watched the news enought to know this.

Lexington
02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
[quote=Lexington;3305661]

Sorry to burst your hope bubble. Did you catch George's press conference yesterday? he got angry with the reporters and talked about "we" at Kidfinders have done flyers and "we" need donations and the family needs donations..I stopped watching at that point

Thanks for reminding me. I did see that presser and I forgot all about the fact that George did talk about the flyers and donations. I must be getting senile!!!

cajun
02-13-2009, 02:30 PM

I just blew up the picture and there looks to be a screen door on the outside of the door on the back side of the mobile home.

GRANNYL
We must remember that there is more than TES on the ground right now...the sheriffs department also has searchers out looking..
We don't know if this person is embedded with TES or the Sheriffs Department!

I live an hour north of Satsuma and according to todays newspaper only Law Enforcement and TES civilians would be allowed to search today. LE knows they can't post pictures so that leaves TES. Either way Tim needed to be made aware so he can in turn notifiy LE and be on the lookout for the person. I took the statement as "bragging" about being able to pull one over on the search teams.

Glad Georgia was able to contact the person, hopefully keeping them from posting.

I would be there searching had I not had cervical disc removed and two vertebra fused this pass Monday. I may go down Sunday if I feel up to the trip to see if I can do anything simple to help. It's killing me not being able to go help.:)

dimples37398
There is more. I'll go find it. All the cases on the post referenced here- were nolle prosequi . *Do not pursue* LaLaw posted this is probably because he gave up his supplier to avoid prosecution. This could be very dangerous if true. moo

I'll find the other post with more criminal activity that is more recent.

I completely agree 100%, hubby and I were just discussing this, and if true and he did rat out his supplier, that person would more than likely want revenge.

If his supplier were arrested around 2002 when this happened I wonder how long he/she would be in prison for, and does that depend on how much he/she was caught with if he/she did get caught

Maybe the person he ratted on or a person they know, only took the little girl because..it would be easier to carry 1 kid if they were alone, also if the GF was sleeping in the same bed as the boy, maybe that is why they only took Haleigh.

PoppyH
02-13-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm pretty sure I read that right off the backdoor which was propped open with a cinderblock, is a handicapped ramp, which I don't see in the photo. (Maybe the ramp is simply hidden by the brush) Sorry, not sure where the link is.

Wonder if there is another door which we cannot see in the photo (possibly near the neighbor at the upper end of the photo?

I just blew that pic up----I believe that is a window there at the end of the trailor not a door, maybee the door is at the other end??

mydailyopinions
I just blew up the picture and there looks to be a screen door on the outside of the door on the back side of the mobile home.

Can you post that blow up? I cant seem to get it larger.

SuziQ
There was a discussion last night about people not knowing of or checking for SO's in their neighborhood. As the past couple of pages show, people don't know and don't check. Not dissing anyone at all. It's just a sad fact that people in Hayleigh's area probably have no clue so many registered SO's live in the area.

wallflower67
02-13-2009, 02:32 PM
LOL I guess I need to go remove that post. I was responding to someone saying the girl was taken by a family member to a "safer" environment. I don't feel it is a plausible scenario since they did not take both children. ;)

Sorry...There are too many posts and I can't keep up! So I didn't know what you were talking about!:bang:

murdershewrote
OK, here's another thing that bothers me. On the 911 call, the gf passes herself off as the mother of these kids, That's a lie and was giving the operator a false impression. She didn't need to lie, all she had to say was I'm the Dad's girlfriend, no big deal...but she continued to call herself the mom.

They lived together for a few months, she wasn't married to him...no reason for her to call herself the mom, especially to law enforcement.

If she so easily lied about that, then she can lie about other things as well. Once a liar, always a liar.

Ezryder9

What am I missing here?

MDO, would you zap the link? DH and I were looking at the pic, and, well, there's not even a back door there. There's a side door, and we presume a front door. The back shows a single window and a set of double windows, but no door.

kellync
02-13-2009, 02:33 PM
I completely agree 100%, hubby and I were just discussing this, and if true and he did rat out his supplier, that person would more than likely want revenge.

If his supplier were arrested around 2002 when this happened I wonder how long he/she would be in prison for, and does that depend on how much he/she was caught with if he/she did get caught

Maybe the person he ratted on or a person they know, only took the little girl because..it would be easier to carry 1 kid if they were alone, also if the GF was sleeping in the same bed as the boy, maybe that is why they only took Haleigh.
We need a rant thread. I feel one coming on. The drugs, the sex offenders, the girlfriend...

mydailyopinions
I live an hour north of Satsuma and according to todays newspaper only Law Enforcement and TES civilians would be allowed to search today. LE knows they can't post pictures so that leaves TES. Either way Tim needed to be made aware so he can in turn notifiy LE and be on the lookout for the person. I took the statement as "bragging" about being able to pull one over on the search teams.

Glad Georgia was able to contact the person, hopefully keeping them from posting.

I would be there searching had I not had cervical disc removed and two vertebra fused this pass Monday. I may go down Sunday if I feel up to the trip to see if I can do anything simple to help. It's killing me not being able to go help.:)

Oh, okay, my bad, I didn't know that LE couldn't post pictures..
Please take care of yourself first. I know its hard not to get out there and search, but you must take care of you..:blowkiss:

SeriouslySearching
Some people would consider the door near the bedrooms a back door even if it on the front of the house. Make sense? The front door opens into the living room.Bumping up...

s1rebecca
02-13-2009, 02:34 PM
My 17 year old daughters sleeps like a rock. She works and is a senior in HS, but when she sleeps she is out like a light. One thing about her is I have never had to wake her for school always up by 6:45 without reminder even if she is up late. She wouldn't be the motherly type for a man with two children, however that does not mean all 17 year olds are the same, some are more mature I guess.

SuziQ
Has there been any clarification about whether Hayleigh was at school on Monday? Did the agent not know or refuse to comment. If it's the latter then IMO, then reading between the lines sounds like she wasn't at school on Monday. Which puts dad back on my list.

elle1919
I was confused also when I saw this picture yesterday. I can not see a "back door" on either of these two sides shown...? :confused:

I don't see it either that is why I asked if this is the home of the abducted child....I thought what I see is a window.

PattyCake
MDO, would you zap the link? DH and I were looking at the pic, and, well, there's not even a back door there. There's a side door, and we presume a front door. The back shows a single window and a set of double windows, but no door.

I suspect that they are referring to the SIDE door, the one we can see as their back door. That to me is a back door on a mobile home, not a front door. Usually on a mobile home, the front doors are where the cars are parked. hope that helps

impatientredhead
02-13-2009, 02:35 PM
I just blew that pic up----I believe that is a window there at the end of the trailor not a door, maybee the door is at the other end??

It looks like a door to me, and the ramp my either be underwater in that photo, or not installed. You can also see the vents in the roof and figure out where the bathroom, kitchen etc is. The front door is by where the car is parked. The back door is the other door we can see.

dimples37398
02-13-2009, 02:35 PM
There were quite a few people on the mobile cam at the sheriff command center, but now I don't see anyone, the mics are on the ground, and the mobile command sheriff big rv/bus thing is gone.????

Georgia101957
02-13-2009, 02:36 PM

Window is on the other end
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/blensch/ScreenHunter_4Medium-1.jpg

Searchfortruth
There was a discussion last night about people not knowing of or checking for SO's in their neighborhood. As the past couple of pages show, people don't know and don't check. Not dissing anyone at all. It's just a sad fact that people in Hayleigh's area probably have no clue so many registered SO's live in the area. I for one believe there should be more attention given to reminding people to check SO lists for their neighborhood. I get the feeling that many people don't check it out on a regular basis. It can happen anywhere, but I think the chances may be geater if living in a lower income area (like a trailer park), just my opinion. I don't want to sound like that is the only place predators live, because it's not, but I believe the majority might center around the lower income areas...

nursebeeme
I haven't been able to keep up today, but last night I had a couple of questions...

#1 I wouldn't be surprised if gf got rid of any drugs in the house (and I bet there were some, probably pot), before she & Dad called the police.

#2 OK, the door is wide open held by cinder brick and the kitchen light is on....wouldn't it have gotten pretty cold in the house with the door left wide open (it gets chilly in FL at night this time of year). We don't know what time she was taken, that door could have been open from 10 pm to 3 am... and

#3 why would somebody who is abducting a child turn the light on? I would think they would want it to stay as dark as possible. Maybe to give Haleigh a cookie or something like that?

So cool air is circulating thru the house and the kitchen light comes on and this gf doesn't wake up?

Bold is mine. I think that is most likely what did wake her up....the cold air, outside night sounds, etc...

It is just my opinion at this point (and I will gladly eat my hat if I am wrong) but I do not think the girlfriend had anything to do with this directly. I think the most she may be guilty of is leaving the backdoor unlocked...

DazzlinDebSD
The Van Dam case is the one that keeps coming to mind for me. The guy that lives next door only got out a year ago and he did a pretty long sentence. I would really like to know if he is at home, what his demeanor is like, or if he conveniently isn't around.

The other weird thing with the guy next door is no one (unless I have missed it) can find his court records, a news story about him, even his inmate number brings back nothing.

Hmmmmm.......I have not heard anything about the guy next door.

PoppyH
02-13-2009, 02:37 PM
It looks like a door to me, and the ramp my either be underwater in that photo, or not installed. You can also see the vents in the roof and figure out where the bathroom, kitchen etc is. The front door is by where the car is parked. The back door is the other door we can see.

Oh Ok LOL I wasn't seeing a door, I wish we had better pics of the home

nittany90
I suspect that they are referring to the SIDE door, the one we can see as their back door. That to me is a back door on a mobile home, not a front door. Usually on a mobile home, the front doors are where the cars are parked. hope that helps

But, if the SIDE door is what they're calling the BACK door, where's the handicapped ramp that dad talked about taking the vacuum down a couple times to vacuum his car? Are we sure this is the right house?

JulieR

Drug dealers don't take kids to get even, they get even with the person that did them in. They don't have any interest in kids. Unless the dealer is owned money he could hold the child as ransom, but even then he would let the person know it before the police get involved.............Really we rarely if ever hear stories like that.

elle1919

maybe someone can photo shop with some arrows cause I am 100% lost all I see is the front door, which looks to have a porch built off it(enclosed). I live in a 2 story house and I am just not getting this....sorry I don't mean to be stupid....

allaster
02-13-2009, 02:38 PM
I cannot keep up did they find Haleigh?

PoppyH
02-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Window is on the other end
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/blensch/ScreenHunter_4Medium-1.jpg

Well I guess that rules out a door at the other end then, thanks for posting that!:blowkiss:

gibby207
02-13-2009, 02:39 PM
OK, here's another thing that bothers me. On the 911 call, the gf passes herself off as the mother of these kids, That's a lie and was giving the operator a false impression. She didn't need to lie, all she had to say was I'm the Dad's girlfriend, no big deal...but she continued to call herself the mom.

They lived together for a few months, she wasn't married to him...no reason for her to call herself the mom, especially to law enforcement.

If she so easily lied about that, then she can lie about other things as well. Once a liar, always a liar.

Yep!!!

PoppyH

No, not as of yet

Searchfortruth
I cannot keep up did they find Haleigh?No they have not.

mydailyopinions
02-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Bumping up...

I see ya SS:blowkiss:
I am looking at the thing on top of the house ( forgive me, I can't think of what they are called), they are normally located in the kitchen of a mobile home..I assume that is where the kitchen would be..
ummmm...
The double wide my husband and I sold about 8 years ago looked much like this one..it only had 2 doors, one that led from the front into the living room, the other from the back into the laundry area/kitchen..
My understanding from her was that she noticed the door open from the kitchen..
Also, and I just confirmed with my cousin who owns a sales mobile homes for a huge dealer, 98% of double wides come with storm doors on the front, and only one door off the back..

awakewriter
Question: Can anyone lead me to information or give me a brief update about canines in this case, if there have been canine searches?

alwaysonmymind
Drug dealers don't take kids to get even, they get even with the person that did them in. They don't have any interest in kids. Unless the dealer is owned money he could hold the child as ransom, but even then he would let the person know it before the police get involved.............Really we rarely if ever hear stories like that.

What was the name of the little boy in Cali,? His Gramppa was laundering money for a drug cartel?

Thank God he was released alive...

jnTexas
maybe someone can photo shop with some arrows cause I am 100% lost all I see is the front door, which looks to have a porch built off it(enclosed). I live in a 2 story house and I am just not getting this....sorry I don't mean to be stupid....

If you look at the view of the home showing the back and side. the back door is on the side. Most mobile homes they are on the side. Part of the door is covered by the tree. if you look real close you can see the black porch light to the right of the door. The door is the only thing on the side of thehouse.

Georgia101957
Here's the other pic blown up some
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/blensch/genthumbashxMedium.jpg

and a link to a really big version (didn't want to blow the margin)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/blensch/genthumbashxLarge.jpg

gibby207
02-13-2009, 02:41 PM
There were quite a few people on the mobile cam at the sheriff command center, but now I don't see anyone, the mics are on the ground, and the mobile command sheriff big rv/bus thing is gone.????

Hmmm... sumpin up?

keeponsearching
Do we know how long they dated before she moved in? Maybe she was already really close with the kids to feel that connection.

In a friends trailer the skylights were where the bathrooms are, not sure about this place.

I would think when people say backdoor doesn't really have to be the backdoor. We have a side door to, that we only use and I am sure I have said backdoor...

Terms are different everywhere. Up north where I am I think some people call the frontstep or sidesteps the doorway.. just saying.

swanniee11

Are we looking at the same door because the "back door" that I see is actually on the side of the house. ( or do I need stronger glasses?)

GRANNYL
02-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Bravo! You are so smart! :blowkiss: (I guess I didn't catch that it was a real reporter!)

Passed the word on to Tim. He was "going to make a phone call". Said things were going good. I didn't realize this was the Gainesville Sun. I really never used Twitter or understand how it works.

Thanks everyone, we all make a good team!:blowkiss:

elle1919
If you look at the view of the home showing the back and side. the back door is on the side. Most mobile homes they are on the side. Part of the door is covered by the tree. if you look real close you can see the black porch light to the right of the door. The door is the only thing on the side of thehouse.

Ohhh, so what I thought was a window is actually the back door that was propped open?

dimples37398
What was the name of the little boy in Cali,? His Gramppa was laundering money for a drug cartel?

Cole Puffinburger I believe was his name...6 yrs old.

impatientredhead
I for one believe there should be more attention given to reminding people to check SO lists for their neighborhood. I get the feeling that many people don't check it out on a regular basis. It can happen anywhere, but I think the chances may be geater if living in a lower income area (like a trailer park), just my opinion. I don't want to sound like that is the only place predators live, because it's not, but I believe the majority might center around the lower income areas...

The convicted ones, yes. They are going to be in cheaper rent places as finding a good paying job is going to rough with that kind of background.

The pedophiles in the nicer neighborhoods, the ones with more professional jobs can hirer better attorneys and try to plea to something that doesn't involve registering. Or they just pay for their sicko desires. There is one, one in my entire community that is registered. I in no way believe he is the only child molester living there, he is just the only one that got convicted. They are everywhere.

It is the ones that aren't labeled that are frightening. If you know there is a RSO down the block you are going to let him know that you know and that he better not even look in the direction of your house. Send that nice warm fuzzy vibe that says don't even bother grooming anyone around me 'cause we are on to you. The unconvicted ones, well your guess is as good as mine. I guess I could send that warm fuzzy vibe I radiate to all my neighbors.

Hmmm... come to think of it I don't talk to any of my neighbors LOL

PoppyH
02-13-2009, 02:43 PM

Ahhhh, yes I see it now, and the light too

PoppyH
02-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Are we looking at the same door because the "back door" that I see is actually on the side of the house. ( or do I need stronger glasses?)Same here, I was thinking I need glasses to

MyTinkieGirl
02-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Cummings said, "We never use the back door and I check it every day."

Cummings said he has only used the back door two times since he lived in the trailer.

http://astrology.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/haleigh-cummings-missing-child-from-florida-371071/ This has NOTHING to do with Astrology as link indicates

Why is GF talking about taking the garbage out that way??

JulieR
02-13-2009, 02:45 PM

Yeah but that was Mexican drug lords, and he was released. I don't think by the way this couple is living they are involved with anything like that. I will say that all three dad, GF and mother use drugs on a regular bases.

mydailyopinions
02-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Here's the other pic blown up some
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/blensch/genthumbashxMedium.jpg

and a link to a really big version (didn't want to blow the margin)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/blensch/genthumbashxLarge.jpg

Thank you!
I see it now..and actually think that there are 3 doors..I still see one on the back..

Friday
I just got off the phone with Gainesville Sun....I told them that posting pics of TES searches was a no no and he might want to inform his "imbedded" reporter of that. Said he would take care of it....we'll see.

I greatly fear this reporter who has "embedded" himself knows d@mn well he shouldn't be there taking pictures--and I also suspect the Gainsville Sun is eagerly awaiting those photos which they will print! I hope I'm wrong.

Either way, great sleuthing, Closer. :blowkiss:

Tim just called me to dictate a message he wants posted for all of you, to keep you in the loop. I'll do that next.

Jubilee
Here is a site with excellent coverage of the Cummings case.

http://tinyurl.com/acfebe

kaas
02-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Looking at the photo the "rear door" is visible at the bottom left corner, partly obscured by the trees. You can see an outdoor light fixture just to the upper right of the door. Because of the tight location, the wheelchair ramp likely wraps around the corner of the home, you can just make out the base of it between the hydro pole and home.
The small window on the rear of the trailer is likely the laundry room window, the larger window being the kitchen as you can see the stove pipe rising from the roof.

wallflower67
I have to defend the g/f not calling 911 for 27 minutes. Unless you have been a crime victim or read WS most people don't realize what a dangerous world that we live in or the evil in some people. When waking up, seeing the light on, checking the house, checking on the kids, your mind doesn't immediately comprehend what may have just happened to you that changes your life forever. Especially at 17 with limited life experience, you just don't expect some people to be cruel. I hope phone records will be able to give us a little more info but for right now I will defend the g/f's actions. I have a 17 year old and I can't imagine her living with a man and being mom to his 2 children. I would imagine her first phone call would be to me to ask what she should do before even thinking about calling 911 because who would ever imagine something the horrible to wake up to.

Very true. I'm not scewering the gf yet. My friend was in a verbally abusive relationship that turned physical. The first timet that happend, she was trapped in the car, the kids inside the house, and her husband trying to break into the windshield to get to her. She called ME to ask what she should do!!! And she was in her 30s. She just couldn't comprehend that things had changed drastically in a few minutes.

impatientredhead
Question: Can anyone lead me to information or give me a brief update about canines in this case, if there have been canine searches?

The brought out bloodhounds the first day.
They led them down the dock and to the water.

There was some absolutely horrifying description that the dogs drug the blankets and sheets out to the ramp to get her scent. Which has so many problems it is bringing back that nervous tick. I still choose to believe that story was a crock and that they gave the hounds her scent off of a recently worn shirt they could bring on the search, like a normal search.

Today there are supposedly 15 dogs out with their handlers. I don't believe we have seen much about them or heard how many are cadaver dogs and if they are have they indicated anywhere.

CiCi
It is highly suspicious as well, that Haleigh was found missing at 3:00 AM in the morning, the same time her dad gets out of work. It almost sounds like a plan was in place that GF was following.

SeriouslySearching
I don't think we can make such a statement to be considered a fact they all use drugs. We may suspect drug use, but could be wrong.

cajun
02-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Are we looking at the same door because the "back door" that I see is actually on the side of the house. ( or do I need stronger glasses?)
No, we're seeing same pic,LOL. When I meant back side,I meant on the side in the back half of trailer, I guess I wasn't as clear as I needed to be..:)

petresq_algc
I for one believe there should be more attention given to reminding people to check SO lists for their neighborhood. I get the feeling that many people don't check it out on a regular basis. It can happen anywhere, but I think the chances may be geater if living in a lower income area (like a trailer park), just my opinion. I don't want to sound like that is the only place predators live, because it's not, but I believe the majority might center around the lower income areas...

I live in an upper-middle class neighborhood on the coast of AL and was shocked to see so many SO are within my zip code. I hate to speculate, but I wonder if statistically there are higher concentrations of SO living in the southeast :mad:

SeriouslySearching
Thank you, Friday~

awakewriter
02-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Also ... has there been any discussion about the fact this man left his children in the care of his MINOR girlfriend who is apparently living with him?

NRN
02-13-2009, 02:49 PM

Cummings said he has only used the back door two times since he lived in the trailer.

http://astrology.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/haleigh-cummings-missing-child-from-florida-371071/ This has NOTHING to do with Astrology as link indicates

And WHY is the garbage still in the can (by the bikes, shown in the slideshow posted earlier)? A 3 foot tall body could be in a large garbage can - or maybe some evidence - shouldn't that be one of the first things LE should check - ?

Tonia
02-13-2009, 02:50 PM

Don't feel bad,me either! I dont think there is any NEW news either just talking about the door.

Georgia101957
02-13-2009, 02:50 PM
The door is in the rectangle, hard to tell about the ramp because of the trees

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/blensch/genthumbashxMediuma.jpg

cajun
02-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Investigators still searching for Haleigh Cummings

The Associated Press1:32 PM EST, February 13, 2009SATSUMA - UPDATE: 11:15 a.m. Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy just wrapped up a news briefing about the search for missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

"Listen, we have actively investigated and pursued over 350 leads that have come in to date. So we are not just going to limit this search to Putnam County. We'll go where ever it takes us."

He would not address media reports about inconsistencies in statements given by the 17-year-old girlfriend who reported Haleigh missing. She told investigators she was sleeping in the same bed as Haleigh and her 3-year-old brother before Haleigh was discovered missing. But Misty Croslin told reporters Thursday she was sleeping in her own bed before discovering Haleigh was gone.

Hardy also said searchers are expanding the area of the search, but he would give details. About 50 law enforcement officers, 100 volunteers and 20 agents with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are in Putnam County and helping with the investigation and search.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-bk-missing-florida-girl-haleigh-021309,0,5976597.story

tehcloser
02-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Thank-You Friday.....I know how hard this is on Tim, and it irks me that he has to deal with this carp instead of just being able to focus on searching.

swanniee11

Why would you have to check a door everyday if its "never used" and the kids couldnt open it.

PattyCake
Also ... has there been any discussion about the fact this man left his children in the care of his MINOR girlfriend who is apparently living with him?

Much discussion yes. I for one think when Haleigh is found and whatever occurs that the LE will charge this man with a crime regarding the minor he is having sex with. I don't think it is right no matter if she's 'almost' 18. Almost doesn't make it legal in my books.

JulieR
I don't think we can make such a statement to be considered a fact they all use drugs. We may suspect drug use, but could be wrong.

Only a fact in my mind, I have been around them long enough to see them when I see them. (Not at all being smart, just honest).

Jubilee
02-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Here are some new Twitter sources following HC:

@livedesk
@cfnews13
@wesh
@FCN2go
@AnthonyUpdates

:0 and you can follow me @WiiPigSooie

mommya
And WHY is the garbage still in the can (by the bikes, shown in the slideshow posted earlier)? A 3 foot tall body could be in a large garbage can - or maybe some evidence - shouldn't that be one of the first things LE should check - ?

That's what I was thinking.

Also - I think they should dust those bikes and other things out there for prints. The perp may have lifted something to move it out of the way.

nittany90

Thanks for the rectangle, lol. I definitely see the door. But hard as I try, I can't make out anything remotely like a handicapped ramp off of it. Oh well, maybe it's an old photo.

swanniee11

Thanks, thats what I thought we were all looking at. Now, could we get someone down there to trip those trees so we can get a better look at the back and sides? lol

Tonia
It is highly suspicious as well, that Haleigh was found missing at 3:00 AM in the morning, the same time her dad gets out of work. It almost sounds like a plan was in place that GF was following.

Maybe she had a script. Is she friends with umm nevermind.

Seahorseladydi
Just so I can get this straight..... I did a quick paint on it......

Is this correct and how we are ALL thinking?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/Seahorseladydi/Haleighhouse.jpg

mydailyopinions
02-13-2009, 02:54 PM

That is another reason I feel this story is bogus. If she is saying she took the trash out of the same door that was propped open with a brick, the trash can is sitting in the front of the house and not the back door that the bf claims they never come in and out of..

Silk
Rarely post so don't flame. LOL

I am willing to bet the floor plan of this mobile home is:
-Enter front door directly into living room.
-Bar straight across from front door that separates living room/kitchen.
-Look right and there is the dining room and door entering master bedroom. Master is probably only bedroom large enough to hold two beds, etc., etc. Probably bath inside the bedroom.
-Look left and small hallway with small bath to right of hall, bedroom at end of hall, bedroom to left of hall.
-Enter laundry room by going around bar, walk through kitchen and it is at end of kitchen (kitchen long and narrow behind bar). "Back door" is actually at end of laundry room and opens on the side of the trailer -specically what you are seeing in the picture

A relative has same exterior trailer so I bet the interior is similiar. If that is the case and GF did not go into bedroom/bath, then she easily entered out of the master bedroom opening into the living room, light in kitchen is across from her and she could have seen back door from there.

That said, I have been sleeping at my relative's home as above (under the influence of nothing!), I would NOT have noted door opening, light in kitchen on and have had relative enter that bedroom, get clothes out of closet and take a shower and leave and I never woke up!

I have no explanation for the deadbolted door other than I do believe someone could have entered the front (if no deadbolt) with little effort and exited through the laundry door by opening the dead bolt from inside.

As far as the block, if they rarely entered/exited that door, any kid playing outside could have propped the door open with block or partial block. I have seen ours bring all kinds of stuff up on the steps/porch while playing outside. That door could have been propped open before that night and not noticed.

SeriouslySearching
Also ... has there been any discussion about the fact this man left his children in the care of his MINOR girlfriend who is apparently living with him?At 17, she is hardly considered too young to babysit or be a caregiver. Most babysitters I know started at 14yo.

I don't think it matters if she was a minor or not. We are not talking about the father being a pedophile here. He is close enough to her age for it to be considered, imo, an acceptable relationship.

tx_Dot

I don't think that's a 'door' on the side.....

Most MH doors are located on the back side for easy access, esp. in case of emergencies, fires...etc

the 'end' pic looks like a window in a bedroom to me.

SailorMoon
02-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Ohhh, so what I thought was a window is actually the back door that was propped open?

Duhh.I see it now. Look at the porch light by it. Mine is the same way..although my home isn't as big and doesn't have the skylights. This is a good sized home for 2 small children and 2 shall we say..adults?? (I mean its not a mansion..but good sized--bigger than my 3 bedroom)

Okay..where is the info or link about them staying in the tent?? That's odd..I guess....I don't know. I don't know that I would want to leave where my child was last seen.

The 3 yo is old enough to talk..or at least know something.

awakewriter
The brought out bloodhounds the first day.
They led them down the dock and to the water.

There was some absolutely horrifying description that the dogs drug the blankets and sheets out to the ramp to get her scent. Which has so many problems it is bringing back that nervous tick. I still choose to believe that story was a crock and that they gave the hounds her scent off of a recently worn shirt they could bring on the search, like a normal search.

Today there are supposedly 15 dogs out with their handlers. I don't believe we have seen much about them or heard how many are cadaver dogs and if they are have they indicated anywhere.

Thank you.

I'm going to pretend that story absolutely is a crock until there's some sort of confirmation. I'll sleep better that way.

I pray they bring her home safely.

mydailyopinions

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/Seahorseladydi/Haleighhouse.jpg

Yes..however, I am seeing a set of double windows and a door on the back, not two sets of windows..
I can see the outline of the frame of the door that goes all the way down..
Maybe I am looking too hard..:waitasec:

impatientredhead
02-13-2009, 02:56 PM
The sleeping in the tent and the house being roped off. Do they have a search warrant? They can't just lock you out indefinitely if there is not an active search going on? Not out of your primary residence.

Is this one of those things that is stated like it is going to happen but really they are voluntarily locked out even if they don't realize it?

PattyCake
02-13-2009, 02:56 PM

/Seahorseladydi/Haleighhouse.jpg[/IMG]

yup, that's my though of the back door.

Friday
02-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Tim Miller asked me to thank all of you for discovering and reporting to TES that there is an "embedded reporter" from the Gainsville Sun among the searchers who is taking photographs.

As you know, it is strictly forbidden for searchers to take photographs, and Tim is so angry that he said there will not be another interview for the Gainsville Sun with him, and furthermore in his debriefing with LE at 4PM today, he is going to urge LE to do the same!"

Why does life always have to be so complicated? <weary smile>

Anyway, on behalf of Tim and TES, heartfelt thanks for your loyalty and concern.

secretsquirrel
02-13-2009, 02:57 PM
It is the ones that aren't labeled that are frightening. If you know there is a RSO down the block you are going to let him know that you know and that he better not even look in the direction of your house. Send that nice warm fuzzy vibe that says don't even bother grooming anyone around me 'cause we are on to you.

Respectfully snipped...

You are SO right. It is the people who rely on your trust much more often than a stranger. Any adult who prefers and encourages the company of children and looks for ways to be "too" helpful in ways that mean they are alone with your child is one to watch out for. Teach your child that it's not just strangers and if ANYONE makes them feel uncomfortable to tell you. They do not have to hug Uncle John or sit on his lap. They don't have to help coach or their pastor if he makes them uncomfortable. They should leave and they should tell and when they do, they pass the ball to us as adults and it is OUR job to protect them.

DazzlinDebSD
02-13-2009, 02:58 PM

Yeah, that was in Vegas.

standing0
02-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Can anyone give me the reason it's such a big no-no to take pictures of TES conducting a search? Please don't flame lol..I just don't get why this is so bad

Ezryder9
02-13-2009, 02:59 PM

LOL -- Let me see if I can help any on mobile homes. I kinda think of myself as an "expert" in the field cause, well, I live in two -- one in VA and one in FL -- and we have three rentals! (Just to set the record straight, not everyone who lives in a mobile home is trailer park trash, and not all mobile homes are in trailer parks.)

If anyone can find out the manufacturer of this home, we can get an exact floor plan.

In our house in VA, which is in a rural part of VA, we use the back of the house as the front. The back of our home has a door into our utility room. And yes, the utility room feeds directly into the kitchen. If you walk past that door, you come to a set of sliders, which we actually use as the front door. Yes, there is an actual front door, we just don't use it.

Our parking area abuts the rear of the house.

Tonia
Yes..however, I am seeing a set of double windows and a door on the back, not two sets of windows..

I agree with you,im seeing that to. The back door is on the back. Thats a window on the side.

kaas
We have no floorplan for this particular double wide I did find through googling doublewide floor plans that this door is very likely an exit from the the laundry room.
I am not sure if it is okay to give a link to floorplans here.

cajun
02-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Tim Miller asked me to thank all of you for discovering and reporting to TES that there is an "embedded reporter" from the Gainsville Sun among the searchers who is taking photographs.

As you know, it is strictly forbidden for searchers to take photographs, and Tim is so angry that he said there will not be another interview for the Gainsville Sun with him, and furthermore in his debriefing with LE at 4PM today, he is going to urge LE to do the same!"

Anyway, on behalf of Tim and TES, heartfelt thanks for your loyalty and concern.

Thanks, Friday. You know reporters..I wonder if this embedded reporter could be Geraldo R? :crazy: Remember him drawing the map in the sand on live tv while he was embedded with our troops..:rolleyes:

PattyCake
02-13-2009, 03:00 PM

TY for update Friday. WTG Gainsville. Uggg Poor Tim, like he needs this headache.

SleuthyMama
02-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Friday, thanks for delivering the message. My thoughts are with Tim and the searchers today, hoping they find Haleigh.

nursebeeme
02-13-2009, 03:01 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/02/11/ng.snatched.bed.cnn

here is the dad on nancy grace....if anyone had missed it

swanniee11
02-13-2009, 03:02 PM
ok, looking at the pics again, it looks to me there are 2 sets of windows on the back. one kind that is a normal window and the other one (closer to the side/back door) looks like its the kind that wind open like a 3 tier kind of thing, maybe laundry room.

Also, she said she has been babysitting since she was 11, she also said she dropped out of school and was planning on going for GED but never went to the classes. This was mentioned at www.gainesvillesun.com (http://www.gainesvillesun.com)

CiCi
02-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Maybe she had a script. Is she friends with umm nevermind.

Oh, now that clarifies why the Anthonys are coming, they have to follow the script!

mydailyopinions
02-13-2009, 03:04 PM

Thank you Friday!
Please tell Tim that websleuths has his back! His side! His Front! His Top! His Bottom!
We have him covered!

Silk
02-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Windows on the back of the home. One to left is likely in kitchen and one on right is half window in the laundry room.

JenBMomto3
02-13-2009, 03:05 PM

I thought the same thing too another door in the back BUT I think what is throwing us off is a telephone phone poll going straight down at the same line of the window making it appear to be a door??? I followed what look to be wires over to the other pole.... :confused:

SailorMoon
02-13-2009, 03:05 PM
I agree with you,im seeing that to. The back door is on the back. Thats a window on the side.

Look at the porch light on the side.....its a door. (or I'm losing it)

My door is on the side with a light.

Recovering-Lurker
02-13-2009, 03:06 PM

Thanks Friday!

impatientredhead
Respectfully snipped...

You are SO right. It is the people who rely on your trust much more often than a stranger. Any adult who prefers and encourages the company of children and looks for ways to be "too" helpful in ways that mean they are alone with your child is one to watch out for. Teach your child that it's not just strangers and if ANYONE makes them feel uncomfortable to tell you. They do not have to hug Uncle John or sit on his lap. They don't have to help coach or their pastor if he makes them uncomfortable. They should leave and they should tell and when they do, they pass the ball to us as adults and it is OUR job to protect them.

I totally agree. I think one of the worst things we do to children, especially girls, is teach them to silence that little voice that tells you something is wrong. To be polite, don't offend anyone, don't embarrass them or yourself, we are taught to ignore it until it is screaming and by then it is too late. Boys get the same thing, but more tied to shame/embarassment/reflection of their masculinity. And it is horrible because the warning bells go off, that pit in your stomach at a time that is much easier to extract yourself from the situation. You see in teen girls that know the evening is going off in the ditch but they don't say anything because he hasn't really crossed the line yet.

kaas
The layout may be similar to this http://www.topproducerwebsite.com/users/15728/images/2436-947.jpg which would explain the location of the "back door" and rear windows, stovepipe.

maureenv
02-13-2009, 03:07 PM
At 17, she is hardly considered too young to babysit or be a caregiver. Most babysitters I know started at 14yo.

I don't think it matters if she was a minor or not. We are not talking about the father being a pedophile here. He is close enough to her age for it to be considered, imo, an acceptable relationship.

THANK YOU SS! Well said!....

We need to get off the age thing, and concentrate on facts, news, and clues. This is about finding Haleigh, not to try a statutory rape case.

MsBashterd
02-13-2009, 03:08 PM
At 17, she is hardly considered too young to babysit or be a caregiver. Most babysitters I know started at 14yo.

Well said :clap:

Coming from a very small backwoods town in Kentucky. With that culture so to say the age difference is not that out of the normal and is not seen as sick or twisted. JMO

impatientredhead
02-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Can anyone give me the reason it's such a big no-no to take pictures of TES conducting a search? Please don't flame lol..I just don't get why this is so bad

There is a confidentiality to being allowed in with them. You could be releasing evidence photos, photos that contain something you don't even know is evidence. The photos could show the perp where the search is considered complete, what better place to now dump the body.

And then we don't even want to go "searchers" out taking photos in hopes of getting the photo of the body that the tabloid will pay them for. It is just a bad idea and conflict of interest all the way around.

Ezryder9
Thanks for the rectangle, lol. I definitely see the door. But hard as I try, I can't make out anything remotely like a handicapped ramp off of it. Oh well, maybe it's an old photo.

I don't see a ramp either. And here's an off-the-wall question:

Why would you put a handicapped ramp on the side of the house, away from the parking area? Wouldn't you put it on the main entrance of the house, closer to vehicles for ease of access? Not that that matters one way or the other, since I think I heard they rent this house.

CeeKer

SS I agree with every single post you've made in the last umpteen threads on the Haleigh situation.

standing0
The door is on the short side. There are 3 windows on the long side.

GRANNYL
02-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Oh, okay, my bad, I didn't know that LE couldn't post pictures..
Please take care of yourself first. I know its hard not to get out there and search, but you must take care of you..:blowkiss:

I wouldn't know if my son wasn't LE. In fact looking at CocoaMoms slides I think I see my son, in fact I'm sure it's him. Called my husband to come look at the picture and said who is that? He said____ (our sons name). As usual he never tells me anything he has done or is doing! He knows I am a member of TES and can't go and is probably trying to keep it from me because I will have a million question that he will say "mom you know I can't tell you anything!" I hate that!! Can't wait till tonight so I can call him and let him know I saw his picture!:)

Lyn1001
02-13-2009, 03:10 PM
In regards to the possibility of the gf being able to sleep through a door opening, light on, child taken, etc.. I used to be a very heavy sleeper. I have fallen asleep, and stayed asleep, in some strange situations. I actually fell asleep on the bleachers during a pep rally in high school. Some people are just like that. I have no doubt that I could have slept through someone coming in the house, turning on all the lights, and doing anything. One time I fell out of bed onto a heating vent, waking my parents up, and never even stirred. That worried me when I became a mom. I have become a much lighter sleeper since having DD. However, there are still nights where I sleep so heavy it scares me. I've woken up with DD laying on top of one of my arms. Mind you, I have a high matress and she needs to either get a good grib on the blankets or me to pull herself up. There have also been nights I'll say how good she slept and DH tells me he got up 4 different times with her, took her potty, got her water, she screamed bloody murder from a bad dream...... Granted, I don't sleep through that stuff often, but it does happen on occasion. In fact, I get so parinoid, that if DH isn't home, I don't sleep because I'm so afraid it being one of those nights I sleep heavy.

tehcloser
02-13-2009, 03:11 PM
HLN is saying Misty is disputing now that she said she was sleeping with her. She now insists she was in her own bed. Gettin' hinkier.....

Georgia101957
02-13-2009, 03:11 PM
The layout may be similar to this http://www.topproducerwebsite.com/users/15728/images/2436-947.jpg which would explain the location of the "back door" and rear windows, stovepipe.

Most excellent! Do we know if their trailer had a master bath?

kiki the parrot
02-13-2009, 03:12 PM
#3 why would somebody who is abducting a child turn the light on? I would think they would want it to stay as dark as possible.

(snipped, bold mine) ITA! :waitasec:

But wouldn't it seem like the younger (smaller, lighter, more gullible, less articulate etc) the child the better...? :confused:

How recently was first pic of trailer taken (not the one w crime scene tape)? I am taking it that screened porch is what's used as "front entry" (access from parking eg). Yet we can not see ramp on either side or rear in first pic..? Either first pic predates ramp construction, or door is on side and ramp doesn't run alongside trailer (as I envisioned) and is so short as to not be visible behind tree.
:confused:

PattyCake
02-13-2009, 03:13 PM
HLN is saying Misty is disputing now that she said she was sleeping with her. She now insists she was in her own bed. Gettin' hinkier.....

Oh my, this is all giving me a headache. She's driving me crazy, I wish LE would put some serious heat on her changing her stories. :rolleyes:

tehcloser
02-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Wonder if she means her own bed in a different room?

impatientredhead
02-13-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't see a ramp either. And here's an off-the-wall question:

Why would you put a handicapped ramp on the side of the house, away from the parking area? Wouldn't you put it on the main entrance of the house, closer to vehicles for ease of access? Not that that matters one way or the other, since I think I heard they rent this house.

I don't think it is a handicapped ramp. The home is set up high to allow for rising water (good plan based on the photo). It is probably a very small ramp that just allows you to use that door. A ramp is way cheaper than stairs.

AmyLu
02-13-2009, 03:14 PM
This is my first post, but I wanted to comment on the mobile home pic, as I live in one currently that looks to be about the same age. We have the side door like this one, and our kitchen window is smaller (like the one in the back of the house). Our laundry room has no windows. Also want to add that the largest pipe coming out of the roof looks identical to my neighbors mobile home that has a fireplace. Our kitchen just has a smaller roof vent on it. Just wanted to add this info incase it helps in creating a floorplan.

WICKEDACE
02-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Ok all don't flame me....

You might want to check the state laws on age of an adult. I know many states are 17 you are considered adult. FL law states that consent is 16, not that I think that it is correct but that is IMHP....

I was talking to hubby last night and I was like this case is strange, why would someone prop open the door with a brick? His answer is to not risk having the door screech or having to open the door again, you can grab the child quickly and run. Made since when he put it that way.

Yes the GF does seem a little off the rocker for me but hey who am I to judge.

The door that we see on the side of the MH is a door in my opinion, if you are looking at the image, it is facing you. the ones on the back are windows I believe, also the thing from the roof is a chimney? And there are also 2 skylights that are in bathrooms of most mobile homes.

swanniee11
02-13-2009, 03:15 PM

According to an article in the www.gainesvillesun.com (http://www.gainesvillesun.com) she says Haleigh was sleeping in her own bed and she was in the other bed with JR.

impatientredhead
02-13-2009, 03:17 PM
(snipped, bold mine) ITA! :waitasec:

But wouldn't it seem like the younger (smaller, lighter, more gullible, less articulate etc) the child the better...? :confused::parrot:

I can think of many horrible reasons someone set on seeking revenge through a child would take the girl instead of the boy.

Of course I am really of the belief that she was not plucked out of bed. She may have been the one to go because she was up and accessible. She could have been looking for Misty. She could have been awoken by someone lurking around the house and gone to investigate.

tehcloser

You might want to check the state laws on age of an adult. I know many states are 17 you are considered adult. FL law states that consent is 16, not that I think that it is correct but that is IMHP....

I was talking to hubby last night and I was like this case is strange, why would someone prop open the door with a brick? His answer is to not risk having the door screech or having to open the door again, you can grab the child quickly and run. Made since when he put it that way.

The door that we see on the side of the MH is a door in my opinion, if you are looking at the image, it is facing you. the ones on the back are windows I believe, also the thing from the roof is a chimney? And there are also 2 skylights that are in bathrooms of most mobile homes.

OOOOO flames flames.....just kidding. The brick thing is weird, especially since Dad says you have to force it shut. Seems like it would stay open on it's own....

LancelotLink
I get the feeling the truth and Miss C are strangers.

ElizaAvalon

YES.

I think it needs it's own thread. Everyone seems to want to talk about it...

Ezryder9
02-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Another mobile home note -- Most floor plans are split floor plans. That means the master bedroom is at one end of the house, and the other bedrooms are at the other end. IIRC, someone somewhere said that the gf was asleep in her room with the younger child and Haleigh was asleep in her own room.

tehcloser
According to an article in the www.gainesvillesun.com (http://www.gainesvillesun.com) she says Haleigh was sleeping in her own bed and she was in the other bed with JR.

So all the beds are in the same room?

swanniee11
OOOOO flames flames.....just kidding. The brick thing is weird, especially since Dad says you have to force it shut. Seems like it would stay open on it's own....

But the perp may not have known that the door didn't shut easily.

kaas
It is quite common for wheelchair ramps to be built around the corner of the home, especially if the door access is the near the corner in order to allow for the length needed to decrease the steepness of the ramp. I believe the ramp goes to the left and around the corner of the trailer just behind the trees. If you look between the hydro pole and base of the trailer you can just make out horizontal slats that may be the base of the ramp.

JenBMomto3
02-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Wonder if she means her own bed in a different room?

Different bed same room, someone posted a link a little ways back. I couldn't get it to work. They said the video actually showed MISTY saying that she was in the same bed with Haleigh. Anyone see it??? BUT I myself personally have not heard MISTY state that with my own ears. Early on I had heard Media state it and NG, GVS AND Bio-mom Crystal But haven't heard it or even seen it written(in transcripts) that MISTY actually said it herself.

tehcloser
02-13-2009, 03:20 PM
But the perp may not have known that the door didn't shut easily.

But that depends on who the perp is......wink wink

nursebeeme
Oh my, this is all giving me a headache. She's driving me crazy, I wish LE would put some serious heat on her changing her stories. :rolleyes:
You know...I think a lot of it has been due to shaky reporting....add on top of that Misty seems not to express her thoughts verbally in interviews and all of us are confused.

She seems very "low voltage" to me (nurse saying). I bet LE had a heyday with their interview of her. I really don't think she is changing her story and lying... I think she cannot verbalize for crap and also does not realize just how many people are scrutinizing her every single word and eye lid blink. During one interview, under his breath, Ronald told her to sit up and look at the camera.

Add stress, youth, lack of sleep, AND low voltage and I think this is what you would get... Just my thought of course...:crazy: however crazy it may sound

murdershewrote
This is totally hypothetical, but does anyone think that maybe the dad's previous gf (if he had one, which he probably did), may have gotten very attached to Haleigh and felt she had been replaced by the new gf...I know how hard it is to not get attached to kids and then when things don't work out, it can be very upsetting. This person would have known the layout of the house and ex bf's schedule, etc. Haleigh may have willingly gone with somebody she knew...

swanniee11

she said that they were all in the master bedroom, 2 beds, Haleigh in one of them (closest to the tv, which we don't know the layout of that so thats not helpful) and she and the 3yr old were in the other bed. ( I'm guessing the masterbed)

I can understand this sleeping arrangment, mine were right with me as well.

mydailyopinions
I get the feeling the truth and Miss C are strangers.

Thank you for the giggle! LOL

Jersey*Girl

I started babysitting at 12. I liked making money so much that I took official CPR classes (for adults as well as infants) when I was 13...then I started watching babies. I have to be honest, SS...I was probably more mature and "with it" at the age of 12 than what I see MC as on television.

awakewriter
02-13-2009, 03:21 PM
I was not implying the father is a pedophile.

I am questioning his judgment as a parent, the people he chooses to watch his children.

Certainly, I babysat from the age of 11. I wasn't ready to live with a man and watch his two children overnight at the age of 17.

Some 17-year-olds can handle that responsibility. I'd say those are rare 17-year-olds.

Minors parenting minors (who don't belong to them) is not a great situation.

If it's not something you want to discuss, please ignore my post.

MyTinkieGirl
OK...IMO, this is a good read/re-read.....just weird about the locking/use of door stuff....bed locations....she says inches...he butts in and starts with the know it all attitude and says "four feet", etc.
It just seems to me like her story keeps changing to get to the same exact one he's got.
Seems like he's been coaching her, to me.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,492185,00.html

ElizaAvalon

So if there are 3 bedrooms in that trailer, why were they all sleeping in the same room?

Carla Lashelle
I think a big problem is just people dealing with semantics and grammar. If someone is sleeping with you it can be in the same bed, in the same room, or in a seperate bed in the same room. If someone is answering questions either under stress, or giving short yes/no answers it might come across vague, or inconsistent. but it really isn't. Plus half the time you are hearing a reporter summarize something they got off a printed sheet, taken down my someone else, etc. And, people like NG in particular just get facts dead wrong. So I wouldn't take much she said as gosple either. I don't think the g/f has really changed her story, just details have been clarified or released that weren't released earlier. Im not saying she isnt suspicious or not, but I think people scruitinze every word wayyyy too much. I think also all of us have been in a situation where we have said something and have had to clarify or correct it.

mydailyopinions
02-13-2009, 03:22 PM

Apparently, and they must play musical beds all night long too!, Oh and don't forget they all get up to go to the bathroom at the same time:waitasec:

Mellen

Babysitting, yes, but taking care of two little kids on a daily (or in this case nightly) basis? Seems to me that is asking for trouble. When my step daughter was 17, I had no problem with her babysitting her 5-year-old sister at night when we went out on occasion. She also filled in doing full-day daycare for a couple of days here and there when our regular daycare was closed, but I can't imagine expecting her to do that every night while I was at work. It's just asking for trouble somewhere down the line. Bottom line is that she's a kid, and it's really asking too much of someone that age.

JTennisonFL
Don't know if this was posted, apologies if it has been...

The Cummings are getting help from another family.

George and Cindy Anthony visited Satsuma Thursday to not only help with the search, but to comfort them.

“They need to be in support of each other. They need to be there no matter what. They need to be out there when things get tough, and there are tough days. There's tough hours. There's tough minutes. They need to know they can reach out to me, to Josh (Duckett), to my wife Cindy, to my son, to other families that understand. We've become members of a unique club, and that unique club is there to help you,” said George Anthony.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/13/amber_alert__day_4_in_search_for_haleigh.html

I can't remember; how many "tough" days/hours/minutes did GA and CA go slogging through the woods looking for Caylee? I remember GA driving a vehicle around town pulling a trailer. No, seriously, I don't remember. Maybe they both DID get their feet wet.

yosande
I wonder why a stranger abductor wouldn't take both children also. If that is the case(which I am not so sure it is)
JMOO

Imo, stranger abductions usually only take one child, the one they have been watching and want. Also even peds have preferences to sex and age, usually. ugh

SeriouslySearching
SS I agree with every single post you've made in the last umpteen threads on the Haleigh situation.LOL It is nice to have someone agree with me now and then. ;) (I can be considered a bit "controversial" at times.)

swanniee11
02-13-2009, 03:23 PM
But that depends on who the perp is......wink wink

lol, my point exactly! If it wasnt dad or g/f or family member who didnt know that the door was broken ( for lack of other terms) then the unknown may have used a brick "just in case" to stop it from closing or making noise.

tehcloser
she said that they were all in the master bedroom, 2 beds, Haleigh in one of them (closest to the tv, which we don't know the layout of that so thats not helpful) and she and the 3yr old were in the other bed. ( I'm guessing the masterbed)

I can understand this sleeping arrangment, mine were right with me as well.

Oh, I have no problems with the sleeping arrangements. I was just wondering if H was in a different room....that would cease the speculation of how someone took her right out of the bed without Misty knowing. I however am beginning to think there was no soddi.

kellync
This is totally hypothetical, but does anyone think that maybe the dad's previous gf (if he had one, which he probably did), may have gotten very attached to Haleigh and felt she had been replaced by the new gf...I know how hard it is to not get attached to kids and then when things don't work out, it can be very upsetting. This person would have known the layout of the house and ex bf's schedule, etc. Haleigh may have willingly gone with somebody she knew...
this is one of the reasons I have been shouting from the rooftops "who watched haleigh before Misty came along???"

Georgia101957
02-13-2009, 03:25 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/blensch/2436-947-1.jpg

just for consideration, the only thing we don't know is if they had a master bath in their trailer.

nursebeeme
02-13-2009, 03:26 PM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131165&catid=3

anybody local.... just a reminder that starting shortly (at four pm florida time) is a one hour special on first coast news on Haleigh's case and new updates from LE

impatientredhead
02-13-2009, 03:26 PM

Someone posted the statute yesterday 16-23 is okay, 24 with 17 is a felony. However she may be an emancipated minor, or it is really clear her parents aren't going to press charges, and Misti is not going to file a complaint. Unless she turns up pregnant the state can't prove they are doing anything illegal. She's the live in nanny. I hear nanny's are all the rage in Florida this year.

GRANNYL
02-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Thank you Friday!
Please tell Tim that websleuths has his back! His side! His Front! His Top! His Bottom!
We have him covered!

Yes thanks Friday.

I'm sorry I forgot to tell everyone I told Tim in both phone calls that it was Websleuths members who put out the word and found out and contacted Gainesville Sun not to publish any pictures. I made sure he knew Websleuths is here for him 100%.

Trust me Friday's not kidding when she said he was angry!:)

SeriouslySearching
So all the beds are in the same room?They have two beds in the master bedroom and a tv. (If I understand correctly, the kids also have a room of their own.) Supposedly, the beds are spaced about 4 feet apart. Haleigh is described to have been sleeping in the smaller bed alone and GF with Ronald Jr. were in the larger bed. GF considered because they were in the same room so close they were sleeping "together".

scout35

If that is a similar lay out to their house, I can see how she didn't make it to the bathroom. If the bedroom door was open, the kitchen light would be shining into the bedroom.

She probably woke up, saw the light and went into the kitchen to see what was going on and saw that the door was open.

Pertaining to heavy sleeping: I don't have children yet, but if I am lucky enough to have a child, I have a major fear of not being able to wake up for the baby. When I am in deep sleep, I don't wake up easily, and when I am woken up, I'm still asleep if that makes sense.

As an example, my bf wakes me up every morning to say good bye to me when he leaves for work. Most of the time, he tells me that I start talking to him as if he were in my dream and a lot of times I panic and don't recognize his face and I tell him to leave me alone because I have a bf and I don't remember any of it. It takes me atleast 5 minutes to realize that I'm awake and another 5 to be able to get my brain going. I've been like this all of my life. I know if I were the gf, I wouldn't be surprised if it took me a little while to process that the little girl was gone and being confused as to what to do.

She may be the same way. You never know. IMO

impatientredhead
02-13-2009, 03:28 PM
So if there are 3 bedrooms in that trailer, why were they all sleeping in the same room?

because the only people in the house are three children of various maturity levels?

MsBashterd
02-13-2009, 03:29 PM
You know...I think a lot of it has been due to shaky reporting....add on top of that Misty seems not to express her thoughts verbally in interviews and all of us are confused.

She seems very "low voltage" to me (nurse saying). I bet LE had a heyday with their interview of her. I really don't think she is changing her story and lying... I think she cannot verbalize for crap and also does not realize just how many people are scrutinizing her every single word and eye lid blink. During one interview, under his breath, Ronald told her to sit up and look at the camera.

Add stress, youth, lack of sleep, AND low voltage and I think this is what you would get... Just my thought of course...:crazy: however crazy it may sound

:clap:
Well said I am thinking along these lines also. I just don't think the GF is of a high enough voltage to have pulled this off. I do however believe that she may have left the children alone and gone out the side door and left it unlocked, while the kids were sleeping. Now look at what happened she is probably sacred as Heck of the police, her boyfriend and going to jail. After all she does seem just a tad naive and yes a little low voltage.

JMO

NRN
02-13-2009, 03:29 PM

Hhmm, interesting angle. Good thinking outside the box!

christine2448
02-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Continue here please (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3306238#post3306238)