PDA

View Full Version : FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #14

Pages : [1] 2

CW
02-14-2009, 05:23 AM
Continue posting here please. Also everyone will respect one anothers opinion. There will be NO name calling of anyone involved in this case. NO one has been ruled out but we will not allow the family to be attacked because they are victims of a missing precious little girl until proven otherwise. Also PLEASE START PUTTING YOUR MEDIA LINKS ON THE MEDIA THREAD.
Thank You,
Sincerely,
WindChime

chicoliving
02-14-2009, 05:48 AM
Thank you Windy! Maybe today there will be some answers and Haleigh will be found.

poco
02-14-2009, 05:49 AM
Thank you Windy! Maybe today there will be some answers and Haleigh will be found.

......... alive.

chicoliving
02-14-2009, 06:12 AM
Yes poco, alive!

shadow of my mind
02-14-2009, 06:19 AM
Did anyone read the petition to the court by Bio-mom for consideration of regaining custody? It is on the medial link at this post.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3308276&postcount=82

You have to read through the initial petition for custody made by the father. Mother never showed or responded. Then she files her own petition. It’s very interesting. The Bio mother has made a lot of allegations. I would love to know the status of that petition since it was written in Jan 2006 and the father still had the children. Still pending, although I can’t see why after two years, dropped or tossed for lack of substantiated claims.
I am not familiar with Florida law but I would think that by now that petition would have come up in the docket. Two years is a long time for something not having been done. In my state if you file an emergency petition you have to also file a petition for permanent custody at the same time and you get moved to the head of the line as far as time slot. The attorney who filed that would have had to have documentation to give to the judge to back up all of the claims or at least he should have at the time of the hearing.

This also may explain why CFS may have been to the home. Bio mother made have made some complaint statements to them also.

EDIT-Additional Inforation
Went back and found this post which has all of the docket info on this case. Appears to be still pending. A lot of cancellations and re-scheduling

see post: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3305644&postcount=10

BeTheMiracle
02-14-2009, 06:32 AM
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on that train schedule to see what time a train would possibly run thru there?

shadow of my mind
02-14-2009, 07:09 AM
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on that train schedule to see what time a train would possibly run thru there?

Try the Palaka Amtrack Station. Tracks run to it. It's off of Rt 17/100 or Reid St. sorry can't tell the name of the town. I followed the tracks on google maps.

BeTheMiracle
02-14-2009, 07:09 AM
Never mind, I found it!

BeTheMiracle
02-14-2009, 07:11 AM
Try the Palaka Amtrack Station. Tracks run to it. It's off of Rt 17/100 or Reid St. sorry can't tell the name of the town. I followed the tracks on google maps.

Thank you! I am looking at the AMtrak schedules right now, and it would be virtually impossible to know, unless you lived in Satsuma, what time the trains run thru there in the middle of the night. Looks like they are fairly regular, though.

momtective
02-14-2009, 07:12 AM

Freight, I have no idea but passenger would be
http://www.amtrak.com

here's 1 schedule for the Atlantic coast route
http://www.amtrak.com/timetable/oct08/T04.pdf

I think Palatka would be the closest actual stop, Is that right?

pirate
02-14-2009, 07:58 AM
Thank you! I am looking at the AMtrak schedules right now, and it would be virtually impossible to know, unless you lived in Satsuma, what time the trains run thru there in the middle of the night. Looks like they are fairly regular, though.

The Florida East Coast Railroad also runs freight trains through those tracks on a regular basis.

momtective
02-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Two services actually stop in Palatka (nearest station to Haleigh’s home) but all three other services travel this rail route. It was take a lot of figuring to find out what time the trains to and from all these other cities would come through this area. This is just amtrak passenger service, there are freight lines as well and I have no idea how to obtain that information.

http://www.cwrr.com/Amtrak/e_fl_s.html

momtective
02-14-2009, 08:15 AM
Here's a link to Florida East Coast schedule (freight)
http://www.trainweb.org/brettrw/fec/fec.html#schedule

RiverRat
02-14-2009, 08:24 AM
As close to impossible as it is to keep up with every post, I have tried my best, but I may have missed this information that I heard on the Today Show this morning........I had no clue that Haleigh has a very prominent birthmark on her little cheek! Has this come up and I missed it somehow?!

obguthr
02-14-2009, 08:25 AM
It may not be an issue in this case, but I wish the courts would reconsider some of the child support orders they issue. There would probably be fewer abductions/murders in this country by the non-custodial parent if their child support orders were more reasonable. There certainly is no excusing abduction or murder, but taking $323/mo. from someone making only $949 doesn't leave very much for living expenses. This isn't even close to the worst example I've heard.

Kat
02-14-2009, 08:28 AM
As close to impossible as it is to keep up with every post, I have tried my best, but I may have missed this information that I heard on the Today Show this morning........I had no clue that Haleigh has a very prominent birthmark on her little cheek! Has this come up and I missed it somehow?!

I had not seen it mentioned either RiverRat. I saw it in her school picture but since it wasn't mentioned I thought that maybe it was just an artifact on the picture itself.

Then last night I saw other pictures of her on NG, and saw it clearly. It appears to be a cafe au lait color.

77NancyDrew
02-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Omg Wow just wow ,just got done reading through those court docs.
Those poor children.:furious:

Mel1024
02-14-2009, 08:47 AM

WHERE IS THE LINK TO COURT DOCUMENTS? I am tired need to get off and sleep for work but just can't

pirate
02-14-2009, 08:48 AM
I had not seen it mentioned either RiverRat. I saw it in her school picture but since it wasn't mentioned I thought that maybe it was just an artifact on the picture itself.

Then last night I saw other pictures of her on NG, and saw it clearly. It appears to be a cafe au lait color.

From what I read about Turners, moles and birthmarks are prevalent in children who suffer from this.

RiverRat
02-14-2009, 08:52 AM

Thank You! There is not a link, but they had several new pictures of Haleigh and the birthmark definitely stands out - enough for the family to mention it in their descriptions of her, but like I said, it was the first I had heard of it.

I also caught the "Grave Digger" truck and really wish that the owner had the tact to move it somewhere else.

obguthr
02-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Any pressers scheduled for this morning? What time is TES planning to resume the search and in what area?

maureenv
02-14-2009, 09:01 AM

Just a note...Custody Petitions are not always accurate to the truth. My DH went through a 15 year custody battle. The things that were said about him were TOTALLY off the wall and untrue. Attorneys are trained to have their female clients amp up the victim roll. It's sad because some of these women really are victims, but in the Court it's hard to tell these days.
Take the Petition with a grain of salt.

Kat
02-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Thank You! There is not a link, but they had several new pictures of Haleigh and the birthmark definitely stands out - enough for the family to mention it in their descriptions of her, but like I said, it was the first I had heard of it.

I also caught the "Grave Digger" truck and really wish that the owner had the tact to move it somewhere else.

RiverRat this is probably Off Topic but the pictures that they had on the NG last night were beautiful. When I looked at Haleigh all I saw in every picture was a smile that reflected unbridled joy. Such a beautiful smile, it lights up her whole face. I can imagine as the Mother of five and step-mother of two that she is a delight to be around and in my own mind I bet she has a delicious and infectious giggle.

Indigo
02-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Just a random thought here...

Here's Misty's account about the blankets from an interview:

Ok... I put her to bed about, you know, eight o'clock 'cause that's her bedtime. She has school. I put her to bed and...her blanket and my blanket. My blanket was in the van that they took. So we had a blanket hanging on the window and I had to wash that--and her blanket--her blanket was--was she had peed on her blanket the night before, i guess, and I was gonna put it on her but it smelled like pee. So I washed her blanket and I gave her a little sheet to cover up with (voice breaks) and she fell asleep and I went--come in there and put her blanket on her and then I laid down.

Two things about the bolded statement:

1. Misty was going to say "Her blanket was...," fumbles over these words several times, then changes to "She had peed on her blanket the night before, I guess."

Could Misty have been going to say, "Her blanket was wet." Why did she change in mid-sentence?

2. If Hayleigh wet the bed "the night before" who cleaned her up that morning? If it was Misty, why does she say, "I guess?"

Could bedwetting have been an issue in this home? I don't mean to focus on the family--just trying to use statement analysis on some of the statements that have been made.

maureenv
02-14-2009, 09:11 AM
I just checked the addy's on the Court Docs. His didn't show anything really. The address listed for bio-mom is a legal business building. Odd

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 09:12 AM
The door bothers me. They say they hardly ever use it, but yet Dad says he makes sure he locks it every day. Well if no one is using it....why ya gotta lock it every day. He did not say he checks it...he says he locks it and goes on tho say how hard it is to close. And then, say he locks it. Does that mean she never unlocks it once he goes to work? They just go into way to much detail about the dang door. Anyway there is my mornin ramble.....lol

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Oh and one more thing, those pics on NG last night were beautiful...but did you notice the WATER? When did she supposedly get "terrified" of water, because in a lot of those pics she sure was not.

Hopeful One
02-14-2009, 09:16 AM

Same here. How incredibly sad. :(

Kat
02-14-2009, 09:18 AM
The door bothers me. They say they hardly ever use it, but yet Dad says he makes sure he locks it every day. Well if no one is using it....why ya gotta lock it every day. He did not say he checks it...he says he locks it and goes on tho say how hard it is to close. And then, say he locks it. Does that mean she never unlocks it once he goes to work? They just go into way to much detail about the dang door. Anyway there is my mornin ramble.....lol

Mornin' tehcloser, thanks for your ramble.:) It bothers me too. What bothers me also is what LE is saying and what they are not saying. They are saying that they are looking at this as an abduction and they have made contact with all of the RSO's in the area and will continue to investigate that angle. They are saying that Haleigh did not walk out of the home.

They are not saying that anyone has been cleared, they are not saying anyone passed their lie detector test. I'm been looking at the situation this morning trying to figure out what else they are not saying.

Hopeful One
02-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Also, this is the first I have heard that Haleigh has Turner Syndrome. What is this and does anyone have any experience or first-hand knowledge of the effects of it?

Patty G
02-14-2009, 09:19 AM
I haven't caught up on reading everything and not sure if this was posted already about "Turner Syndrome".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turner_syndrome

mydailyopinions
02-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Good Morning, I wanted to drop by to offer my prayers for Haleigh today,..
Now off to the sloppy wet baseball fields :rolleyes:

I hope when I get back late this evening we will have good news..:blowkiss:

Kat
02-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Does anyone know offhand the name of Misty's brother that lives in the same neighborhood? TIA

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Does anyone know offhand the name of Misty's brother that lives in the same neighborhood? TIA

I don't know his name, but I would also like to know if the footprint and the "items" of interest were found in the woods between Haleigh's house and the brother's.

Jersey*Girl
02-14-2009, 09:28 AM

If I myself could pick up on that statement right away, I'm certain that LE did also. I noticed the same indiscretion you did.

tfrohning
02-14-2009, 09:35 AM
I read a post by Impatient that they may contact the sheriff. SO Chad about the poster
I read in media that the LE has already contact Putman county.

tfrohning
02-14-2009, 09:37 AM

I wonder if the AC man had to go out the back door to work on AC?

cocoamom
02-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Has anyone speculated on what the item(s) of interest are that were found?

Was it one item or multiple items?

Did they mention "DNA" testing or what?

If DNA, is it safe to assume that they are testing for Haleigh's, thus the return to "square 1" the house? (to gather known DNA of hers to compare)?

I am thinking if they are testing DNA that they found something(s) of Haleigh's. That would be limited if she was in a pink t-shirt and underwear only. They seemed so positive, not sad or negative yesterday when talking about the find(s).

In the back of my mind I am wondering if just maybe they found her discarded, cut hair? Someone who intends to kill a child wouldn't cut her hair, that would be to disguise a living child for transportation right? Just pondering here...and hoping that she is still alive.

Then again, they may have just found cigarette butts or soda cans or something that they will run through a DNA database looking for a perp...

suspicious1
02-14-2009, 09:39 AM

Me and you are in the same boat here. There's something wrong with this picture. Not only am I curious about the door, I want to know WTH breaks into a house and turns the light on? The GF said when she woke up to go to the bathroom, she noticed the kitchen light on, which drew her attention to the back door. Who would do that, and on top of everything else, not only did this person turn the light on....they left it on! WTH!

daisy7
02-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Who filed for the domestic violence injunction?

I saw the Dad completed the required parenting class, but didn't see that the bio Mom completed it.

Do we know that DCF was involved with this family? If there was an open DCF case, custody and child support would be handled under that case.

Patty G
02-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Me and you are in the same boat here. There's something wrong with this picture. Not only am I curious about the door, I want to know WTH breaks into a house and turns the light on? The GF said when she woke up to go to the bathroom, she noticed the kitchen light on, which drew her attention to the back door. Who would do that, and on top of everything else, not only did this person turn the light on....they left it on! WTH!

I feel the same way, who the heck walks into a house and turns the light on so they can find their way around the house to take a child out of the house and leave the light on.

The "dead-bolted" door bothers me too because the father said it was up high enough so that Haleigh couldn't reach it. Anyone trying to break through a dead bolted door would surely make a heck of a lot of noise especially at night when it is so quiet. You have to work really, really hard to break through a "dead-door".

I live in a mobile home community and when my neighbor comes home from work at 3:00 AM and she "slams" her car door, it wakes me up.

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 09:47 AM

If DNA, is it safe to assume that they are testing for Haleigh's, thus the return to "square 1" the house? (to gather known DNA of hers to compare)?

I am thinking if they are testing DNA that they found something(s) of Haleigh's. That would be limited if she was in a pink t-shirt and underwear only. They seemed so positive, not sad or negative yesterday when talking about the find(s).

In the back of my mind I am wondering if just maybe they found her discarded, cut hair? Someone who intends to kill a child wouldn't cut her hair, that would be to disguise a living child for transportation right? Just pondering here...and hoping that she is still alive.

Then again, they may have just found cigarette butts or soda cans or something that they will run through a DNA database looking for a perp...

It was "items", and I watched the presser and did not get the impression that they were feeling positive...just glad they had found something that would point them in the right direction. Tim said last not on GVS...the outcome did not look good.

swanniee11
02-14-2009, 09:49 AM

I mentioned this same thing yesterday but didn't notice if anyone commented on it.

although I don't think dad or g/f had anything to do with H's disappearance, I do have a sick feeling that g/f went out that night and probably came home at 3am to find H missing and all Hell broke loose.

maureenv
02-14-2009, 09:50 AM
It was "items", and I watched the presser and did not get the impression that they were feeling positive...just glad they had found something that would point them in the right direction. Tim said last not on GVS...the outcome did not look good.

I caught Tim's comment also. I trust him and he's always truthful. That was sad to hear.

momtective
02-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Twitter: Extremely quiet morning. Rain is hindering search efforts. Only 3 news vans v. 20 yesterday.

77NancyDrew
02-14-2009, 09:51 AM
WHERE IS THE LINK TO COURT DOCUMENTS? I am tired need to get off and sleep for work but just can't

http://www.fox30online.com/media/news/1/3/e/13e1a8a0-e082-477f-9698-11a796f76a10/petineer.pdf

LancelotLink
02-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Do we know if all family members have allowed searches at their homes?

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 09:52 AM
I mentioned this same thing yesterday but didn't notice if anyone commented on it.

although I don't think dad or g/f had anything to do with H's disappearance, I do have a sick feeling that g/f went out that night and probably came home at 3am to find H missing and all Hell broke loose.

I hope dad and gf didn't have anything to do with it. But Occam's razor and all...............did I spell that right...lol. There is just too much hink. And if there is hink, there is usually stink.:crazy:

77NancyDrew
02-14-2009, 09:52 AM
I caught Tim's comment also. I trust him and he's always truthful. That was sad to hear.

Me too:cry:

LancelotLink
02-14-2009, 09:54 AM
I hope dad and gf didn't have anything to do with it. But Occam's razor and all...............did I spell that right...lol. There is just too much hink. And if there is hink, there is usually stink.:crazy:

That should be your signature.

PeaHen80
02-14-2009, 09:54 AM
I feel the same way, who the heck walks into a house and turns the light on so they can find their way around the house to take a child out of the house and leave the light on.

The "dead-bolted" door bothers me too because the father said it was up high enough so that Haleigh couldn't reach it. Anyone trying to break through a dead bolted door would surely make a heck of a lot of noise especially at night when it is so quiet. You have to work really, really hard to break through a "dead-door".

I live in a mobile home community and when my neighbor comes home from work at 3:00 AM and she "slams" her car door, it wakes me up.

Last night I posted a theory on this and I will repost rather than search all the threads for my previous. Maybe Haleigh woke up because she heard someone come in and thought it was daddy home from work. She is 5, so she would be able to turn on the light. Dad did say that she said she would see him after work....maybe this was a fairly regular schedule for her. The perp then picked her up and took her out the back door. Thinking about it now...after having a good nights sleep though, brings up the "she would have made noise not knowing this person" and how/why did he put the brick in front of the door if he was trying to get out fast. ???

mom_of_five
02-14-2009, 09:59 AM
It may not be an issue in this case, but I wish the courts would reconsider some of the child support orders they issue. There would probably be fewer abductions/murders in this country by the non-custodial parent if their child support orders were more reasonable. There certainly is no excusing abduction or murder, but taking $323/mo. from someone making only $949 doesn't leave very much for living expenses. This isn't even close to the worst example I've heard.

While I understand your opinion, I'm on the other side of the fence dealing with a father who wants to continue paying $58 a week for THREE teenage sons. He's equally responsible for their needs.

daisy7
02-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Twitter: Extremely quiet morning. Rain is hindering search efforts. Only 3 news vans v. 20 yesterday.

Wondered about the weather down there. It's been pouring here in the Panhandle since last night.

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 10:02 AM
I just hope they find her today.....

momtective
02-14-2009, 10:05 AM

Misty has 2 brothers Timothy and Tommy. Tommy lives behind the Cummings home. 116 Tyler Street.

NRN
02-14-2009, 10:06 AM

This is way better than my guess, which was bread crumbs:)

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 10:08 AM
There was a contempt of court filed the 9th right? And we really don't know what or who filed it.....could that have been the catalyst for whatever happened? One thing that bothers me is that Haleigh was of an age that she could talk...and if there were things she knew or had seen and might tell.....that worries me.

Patty G
02-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Last night I posted a theory on this and I will repost rather than search all the threads for my previous. Maybe Haleigh woke up because she heard someone come in and thought it was daddy home from work. She is 5, so she would be able to turn on the light. Dad did say that she said she would see him after work....maybe this was a fairly regular schedule for her. The perp then picked her up and took her out the back door. Thinking about it now...after having a good nights sleep though, brings up the "she would have made noise not knowing this person" and how/why did he put the brick in front of the door if he was trying to get out fast. ???

Yup, if Haleigh got up and turned on the light thinking it was her daddy and someone else was in the house she would have done something unless of course the person that came into the house was someone she knows.

cocoamom
02-14-2009, 10:09 AM
OK, I can't find the picture - sigh...on NG last night at the beginning there was video of the back of the trailer. I noticed the A/C unit on the back corner by the back door ramp. Now, if you have ever had your A/C serviced, you know that the guy comes in and out, in and out from the outside unit to the inside.

My suspicion is that he opened and propped the door to do the service. When done, forgot to shut the door behind him because he came into the house to talk to gf about what he did and get a signature, etc. He probably left by the front door.

Maybe he just pushed the door towards closed but since it is hard to close and requires pushing hard to lock, it didn't close all the way. Screen was still propped open with cinderblock...he could have even left through this back door and the door didn't close properly.

I don't think gf did anything other than maybe something mildly neglectful and opportunity was there for the "bad guy/girl"...

Gf maybe didn't check it before bed like she said and is afraid to say so because then this would be her fault in her eyes (and dad's eyes). Or maybe she did check it every night or most nights and just THINKS she did this night. How's this sound?

Only thing that doesn't compute is if she did laundry that night and the laundry room is right by the door - she would have noticed it open...:waitasec: Kitchen light also doesn't compute...

shadow of my mind
02-14-2009, 10:12 AM
This is the post with the map that was done by JWG of the route of the tracking dogs.
[I don’t know how to bring this over to this thread]
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3307947&postcount=318

I looked up the owner of the home that Haleigh live in and did a search to see if the same people owned any place else. They do.
These are the address for google: [use Satsuma for phone/street address look up]
202 Green Ln, Putnam, Florida 32189
200 Monroe Ave Putnam, Florida 32189
201 Monroe Ave Putnam, Florida 32189
212 Monroe Ave Putnam, Florida 32189
102 Hoover Ln Putnam, Florida 32189
104 Hoover Ln Putnam, Florida 32189
103 Buchanan Cir Putnam, Florida 32189

Start at Green Ln and go straight to 200 Monroe, then to 201 Monroe and then to 212 Monroe follow around onto Buchanan Cir all the way back towards the river and continue back around still on Buchanan make a left onto Hoover Ln, both properties being on the corner, back out left onto Buchanan, right onto Monroe and left onto Tyler and out to Buffalo Bluff Rd. at the tracks. This is the same route that the dogs followed if I have my directions correct.

Google wont take you all the way around in a big circle because it always picks the shortest route but if you put the addresses in you can follow it and see it’s the same. [I have no idea how to post it so you will have to input the addresses into google map in the order yourself and then look at that map compared to the map by JWG.

I may be making a mountain out of a molehill but it does make me wonder. The owners have two phone numbers. The owners have one address in PA and one on FL at the 201 Monroe Ave. Address so I believe that this may be their snowbird/vacation address.

-I’m thinking about the A/C guy’s vehicle. Would he have gone to each of the homes and serviced all of the units for each rental plus the one that the owner uses and made his way back around Buchanan Cir back to Monroe and then on out of the park. I know it’s been reported that he was cleared but would he have keys to the homes that someone else could have copied at some point.
-Could Haleigh’s blanket in ‘the van’ that Misty’ mentions have gone the same way and the dogs tracked that. I do not know if that would be possible? Would tracking dogs pick up a scent in a vehicle if the windows were rolled down?

This could be just a common way to go in and out of this area so almost anyone would pass by these homes but then why would the dogs track it.

Just putting this out there.

KDB
02-14-2009, 10:13 AM
While I understand your opinion, I'm on the other side of the fence dealing with a father who wants to continue paying $58 a week for THREE teenage sons. He's equally responsible for their needs.

Absolutely I agree. If you break it down, what she was paying is about $5 per child, per day. Not much. If she wants more living expenses, get another job or go back to school to make more money. Children cost money and their needs should come first, not mom's and not dad's.

To get back on topic, I will continue to pray for her safe return.

suspicious1
02-14-2009, 10:13 AM

1. Misty was going to say "Her blanket was...," fumbles over these words several times, then changes to "She had peed on her blanket the night before, I guess."

Could Misty have been going to say, "Her blanket was wet." Why did she change in mid-sentence?

2. If Hayleigh wet the bed "the night before" who cleaned her up that morning? If it was Misty, why does she say, "I guess?"

Could bedwetting have been an issue in this home? I don't mean to focus on the family--just trying to use statement analysis on some of the statements that have been made.

You may be right! The GF is just not sitting well with me. Her story is all over the place, she can't seem to get it right.

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 10:14 AM
We can explain things away one at a time. But when you add up all the discrepancies...there is the problem. And just the true story of what happened, there should not be discrepancies. You should not have to explain each element of the story....carp does that make sense?

obguthr
02-14-2009, 10:14 AM
This is way better than my guess, which was bread crumbs:)

Likely possibilities that might yield DNA:

Haleigh's clothes
Perp's clothes (ski mask, gloves)
Food wrapper, cigarette butt, drink can
Weapon (bloody knife, syringe)
Towel or rag (used for clean-up or used as a gag)

Can anyone add to the list?

DesSands
02-14-2009, 10:15 AM
My money is still o the GF, but not that she did anything to harm her necessarily. Only that thoughts that she is too afraid to admit where she was exactly or when. If she did anything to her my thoughts are that she wanted a baby of her own and the father said no way, I have 2 children I can barely support now, so getting rid of that problem and thinking the father would love to have another girl, this could be motive. Not really pointing the finger at anyone in particular yet.
After reading and jumping around threads that are going way too fast, IMO there are way too many possibilities.
There is for lack of a better word, too many shady transient aquaintances that could be responsible.
If you go with the outsider abduction theory and the SO's being checked, I don't put alot of stock in that either. Who knows what they did with her, who is covering as alibis' for whom etc. Basing this on the Couey experience, it still baffles me that the people who knew she was there, never told LE.
They are as responsible for her death as Couey.

Looking at the extensive rap sheets for so many involved, I don't think they were hanging with upstanding law abiding citizens.

kellync
02-14-2009, 10:17 AM
I am wondering why the 17 yr olds parents havent said anything...
I also wonder if there is a convenience store close and if so did it have cameras?
And finally, did the a/c repairman see anyone other than Misty at the home...

Beyond Belief
02-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Interesting information about landlord owning all those rentals. Who rents them out when owner is out of town?
Who does maintenance on properties? Is it controlled by a realtor?

Kimster
02-14-2009, 10:21 AM
GF changed her story again?

http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/39610187.html

<snipped>

"The 17-year old girlfriend of Haleigh's father is now giving a different account as to where she, Haleigh and her younger brother were sleeping the night she disappeared.

The girlfriend now says all three were in the same bed, initially.

Investigators refuse to comment on this latest development, but instead is first focusing on finding the young girl. "

tx_Dot
02-14-2009, 10:21 AM
OK, I can't find the picture - sigh...on NG last night at the beginning there was video of the back of the trailer. I noticed the A/C unit on the back corner by the back door ramp. Now, if you have ever had your A/C serviced, you know that the guy comes in and out, in and out from the outside unit to the inside.

My suspicion is that he opened and propped the door to do the service. When done, forgot to shut the door behind him because he came into the house to talk to gf about what he did and get a signature, etc. He probably left by the front door.

Maybe he just pushed the door towards closed but since it is hard to close and requires pushing hard to lock, it didn't close all the way. Screen was still propped open with cinderblock...he could have even left through this back door and the door didn't close properly.

I don't think gf did anything other than maybe something mildly neglectful and opportunity was there for the "bad guy/girl"...

Gf maybe didn't check it before bed like she said and is afraid to say so because then this would be her fault in her eyes (and dad's eyes). Or maybe she did check it every night or most nights and just THINKS she did this night. How's this sound?

Only thing that doesn't compute is if she did laundry that night and the laundry room is right by the door - she would have noticed it open...:waitasec: Kitchen light also doesn't compute...

ITA......LE has talked to the AC guy, I wonder what he said about the door & the cinder block ??

Maybe if the door was just closed, the gf didn't check the dead bolt, because it's usually checked/locked everyday ??

shadow of my mind
02-14-2009, 10:24 AM

Haleigh's clothes

Rope, string, some type of binding material

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 10:26 AM
This worries me....does it imply to anyone else that this may be changing into a murder investigation?

"We are actually in the middle of doing a staffing, to basically learn from the searchers, and that will gauge our course of conduct for [Saturday], to see what type of investigation we're going to be doing based on what was found [Friday], based on the tips and the leads that we have," said Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/14/amber_alert_new_clues_bring_new_hope_in_haleigh_se arch.html

There is just something about the way that is worded, that and Tim's statement last night......

Adrienne37
02-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Speaking of the weather, I'm about 1-1/2 hours NW from Palatka and it's been raining for a while here. It looks like the weather will continue to deteriorate as the day goes on.

obguthr
02-14-2009, 10:29 AM
This worries me....does it imply to anyone else that this may be changing into a murder investigation?

"We are actually in the middle of doing a staffing, to basically learn from the searchers, and that will gauge our course of conduct for [Saturday], to see what type of investigation we're going to be doing based on what was found [Friday], based on the tips and the leads that we have," said Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/14/amber_alert_new_clues_bring_new_hope_in_haleigh_se arch.html

There is just something about the way that is worded, that and Tim's statement last night......

In all likelihood, yes, this is probably a murder investigation. However, the found evidence may indicate a change in crime scene, i.e., they believe Haleigh was taken out of the immediate area. I can see Hardy's statement referring to this scenario as well.

tx_Dot

ITA......does not sound good

I didn't see GVS last night, has there been any mention of the cadaver dogs ??

Beyond Belief
http://www.trulia.com/property/1068991512-133-Seven-Sisters-Dr-Satsuma-FL-32189

place for sale on 7 sisters dr photos show some of area

Tyler for sale
http://www.trulia.com/property/1062643312-111-Tyler-St-Satsuma-FL-32189

Buffalo Bluff
http://www.trulia.com/property/1071253999-325-E-Buffalo-Bluff-Rd-Satsuma-FL-32189

shadow of my mind
02-14-2009, 10:30 AM

Well to try and stay positive that could mean according to what they found they may go back and research homes or look in a specific direction instead of a circular one.

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 10:30 AM
In all likelihood, yes, this is probably a murder investigation. However, the found evidence may indicate a change in crime scene, i.e., they believe Haleigh was taken out of the immediate area. I can see Hardy's statement referring to this scenario as well.

Yeah, maybe. But "type"....from missing to ????? IDK. :waitasec:

Kat
02-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Misty has 2 brothers Timothy and Tommy. Tommy lives behind the Cummings home. 116 Tyler Street.

Thank you momtective.

colomom
02-14-2009, 10:32 AM

Haleigh's clothes

I was thinking bedding....

Kimster
02-14-2009, 10:33 AM
more than 200 volunteers began search on foot and horse an hour ago. Rain has stopped.
4 minutes ago from mobile web

http://twitter.com/GSReporters

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Well to try and stay positive that could me according to what they found they may go back and research homes or look in a specific direction instead of a circular one.

I'm not trying to be negative...my heart wants to believe she will be found alive and well. My mind however....well, we all know where this case is. :blowkiss:

4truth
Sorry for asking, hard to keep up with this and Dominick's thread too. Was there mention of Misty going to a neighbors that evening? Could someone please clarify this for me?

colomom

It may have been mentioned but, I gave up trying to keep up with the threads...

How old are these two brothers? I wonder if they have been interviewed/polygraphed?

tehcloser
more than 200 volunteers began search on foot and horse an hour ago. Rain has stopped.
4 minutes ago from mobile web

Great news!!!!!!!!!

obguthr
02-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Yeah, maybe. But "type"....from missing to ????? IDK. :waitasec:

missing to abduction hopefully. Unfortunately, I think it most recently already was a kidnap investigation. How about abduction to abduction + rape? I hate to think of that, but I'm also hoping she's alive. Shasta survived and I'm hoping Haleigh will too.

4truth
02-14-2009, 10:38 AM
I wish details about this night were more clear, but here is a working theory. Still not sure about Misty, but what if she is totally blameless.

1. Did Misty and the kids got to neighbors that night?

2. Did she leave the front door unlocked when she left?

3. is the back door in a separate room, (a laundry room for example)?

Misty and the kids go to neighbors. Somebody goes into the house, and unlocks the door while they’re gone. Misty knows that Ronald makes sure the door is locked every afternoon before he goes to work. Misty has no reason to check the back door, since she knows, that she, and none of the kids have used it. The kids are sleeping of mattresses on the floor; mattresses are much quieter that box springs. The intruder comes through the back door, and props it open, with a cinderblock, or brick. He leaves the big door open so that he is not fumbling for the door holding the child he takes. The intruder had to have been somebody that knew that they weren’t home. Did one of the neighbors leave their house for any period of time while they were there?

shadow of my mind
02-14-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm not trying to be negative...my heart wants to believe she will be found alive and well. My mind however....well, we all know where this case is. :blowkiss:

I agree. I haven't had a good feeling about the outcome since I heard the 911 call but by 48 hours out that feeling got worse. The statements by the GF are bugging me plus LE has not cleared anyone yet nor made any kind of statement about warning locals about locking doors.

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 10:41 AM
GF changed her story again?

http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/39610187.html

<snipped>

"The 17-year old girlfriend of Haleigh's father is now giving a different account as to where she, Haleigh and her younger brother were sleeping the night she disappeared.

Investigators refuse to comment on this latest development, but instead is first focusing on finding the young girl. "

This is getting stoopid.....that should be so easy to answer...once...no need for it to keep changing, unless...........

Kimster
02-14-2009, 10:42 AM
I agree. I haven't had a good feeling about the outcome since I heard the 911 call but by 48 hours out that feeling got worse. The statements by the GF are bugging me plus LE has not cleared anyone yet nor made any kind of statement about warning locals about locking doors.

The GF's changing stories is NOT good no matter how you want to look at it. I think the idea of the door being unlocked when the A/C guy was there is an excellent one. I think it was unlocked and the GF is not willing to tell the truth about that for fear of the wrath of everyone saying she wasn't watching the kids like she should have been.

But then, she keeps changing her story about where they were sleeping?

This reeks you guys.....

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 10:43 AM

ITA...What LE is not saying is speaking volumes. So very sad.

ROBLYN
02-14-2009, 10:43 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

RiverRat- Still catching up, if this has been addressed please diregard.

or OT

I Did notice that little Haleigh has a bithmark on her cheek.

My son was born with one on his cheek also, he had to have his removed at the age of three(medical stuff). It jumped out at me, probably because it left a scar and started out light like Haleigh's. NOT that she had a medical condition from it, only that it jumped out.fwiw

I will continue to pray for Haleigh and everyone touched by the lose of a missing child/persons, this is just so terrible...

You guys are wonderful for trying to help in anyway that you can

MeoW333
02-14-2009, 10:45 AM
http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20090214/ARTICLES/902140961

"PALATKA — Misty Croslin has been the girlfriend of Haleigh Cummings' father, Ronald Cummings, for five months, lives in his house and has been the primary caretaker of Haleigh and her younger brother, Croslin told The Sun on Friday."

MeoW333
02-14-2009, 10:47 AM
"Croslin said she has not attended school in some time, adding that she had signed up for GED classes but did not attend.Croslin said Cummings regularly works the night shift and that she watches the children while he's at work. Haleigh was often driven to school and typically took the bus home, she said.
Croslin said that despite being 17, she has considerable experience caring for children.
"I've been baby-sitting since I was 11," she said. "I have three nieces and two nephews and one on the way, and I've watched all of them."

shadow of my mind
02-14-2009, 10:48 AM
ITA...What LE is not saying is speaking volumes. So very sad.

When you go back and look at how LE makes statements about abduction, home invasions and such the fact that they have not given any warnings.. IDK maybe becauses there is so much LE coverage in the area they don't feel it is necessary to say that. [Grasping at any possible logical explanation to think that this is not going to end up a homicide]

Kimster
02-14-2009, 10:49 AM
"Croslin said she has not attended school in some time, adding that she had signed up for GED classes but did not attend.Croslin said Cummings regularly works the night shift and that she watches the children while he's at work. Haleigh was often driven to school and typically took the bus home, she said.
Croslin said that despite being 17, she has considerable experience caring for children.
"I've been baby-sitting since I was 11," she said. "I have three nieces and two nephews and one on the way, and I've watched all of them."

The fact she feels the need to defend her parenting skills AND keeps changing her story makes me quite uneasy.

Kimster
02-14-2009, 10:50 AM
When you go back and look at how LE makes statements about abduction, home invasions and such the fact that they have not given any warnings.. IDK maybe becauses there is so much LE coverage in the area they don't feel it is necessary to say that. [Grasping at any possible logical explanation to think that this is not going to end up a homicide]

I'm grasping with you!

:praying:

MeoW333
The fact she feels the need to defend her parenting skills AND keeps changing her story makes me quite uneasy.

I agree, i think she is responsible for being negligent in some way to allow an abduction possible. If not directly responsible.

suspicious1
Yup, if Haleigh got up and turned on the light thinking it was her daddy and someone else was in the house she would have done something unless of course the person that came into the house was someone she knows.

My thoughts exactly!

tfrohning
02-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Interesting information about landlord owning all those rentals. Who rents them out when owner is out of town?
Who does maintenance on properties? Is it controlled by a realtor?

Yes I seem that when I looked up at the addresses on Green Lane.
Also that most of the addesses are women names. I don't why but I thought
that was strange.

shadow of my mind
02-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Reminder...

Don't forget to add medial links to the media sticky thread at the top of this forum.

tfrohning
02-14-2009, 10:53 AM
I seem when I read the police report that the GF got up to get a drink. Would't she be the one to turn the light on?? Maybe she fortgot she turn on the light!! Oh Boy!!
This case is driving me nuts!!! anyone pray that this case comes to end(happy) one soon.

Ariane
02-14-2009, 10:54 AM
I am just now seeing some of the video and the way the bio mom is doing that rocking thing throughout the entire interview ...... OK, I know it may be a self-comfort reflex at being devastated over this. But it also really reminds me of behavior of people in withdrawal from heroin and other opiates (Oxycontin etc). I would have liked to see a closer look at her eyes! (the pupils would be large in withdrawal, pinpoints when high on dope) How recent was her documented drug abuse? (as I understand it that was the reason he got custody.... and if he has some arrests for pot, sounds like the bio-mom's problems are probably worse)

shadow of my mind
02-14-2009, 10:54 AM
I have to go get some sleep. I will keep praying.

sega-sleuth
02-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Snipped from Twitter: father just handed over custody of son to police
about 9 hours ago from txt
has anyone else noticed this.......Something is not right here. This makes me sick to my stomach and says alot about the "items" found yesterday and the possible outcome we may see unfolding in this case.

Kimster
Reminder...

Don't forget to add medial links to the media sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Thank you for the reminder! :blowkiss:

NRN
ITA......does not sound good

I didn't see GVS last night, has there been any mention of the cadaver dogs ??

GVS interviewed Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch, about the articles(s) which were found on the search that day. He of course had to be very nonspecific so as not to reveal anything. His face & tone of voice spoke volumes, I did not detect any optimism for a good outcome. I did not hear any mention of cadaver dogs.

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 10:57 AM
The bio mom has some problems for sure. However, my take on her is that LE are not all that concerned that she had anything to do with this. They have not been in a hurry to poly her or her side of the family. I could be wrong.

Kimster
02-14-2009, 10:58 AM
has anyone else noticed this.......Something is not right here. This makes me sick to my stomach and says alot about the "items" found yesterday and the possible outcome we may see unfolding in this case.

In one of the reports yesterday I read that the bio-mom took him home for her regular visitation and to remove him from the tension. Also, the mom wasn't taking care of herself and got ill, so this is for both of them, I think.

It was a good idea, IMO.

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 10:58 AM

It was just for her visitation....nothing else.

tfrohning
02-14-2009, 10:59 AM
I thought I hear from the presser yesterday the Sheriff said. that someone has Hayeigh
and they have no rights. If kinda struck me has someone took her for her safetly. but not take the little boy!!!

obguthr
02-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Foot search still taking place near Haleigh's home. Are there searches taking place anywhere else? If not, the recovered evidence must suggest murder.

ROBLYN
02-14-2009, 11:00 AM
I am just now seeing some of the video and the way the bio mom is doing that rocking thing throughout the entire interview ...... OK, I know it may be a self-comfort reflex at being devastated over this. But it also really reminds me of behavior of people in withdrawal from heroin and other opiates (Oxycontin etc). I would have liked to see a closer look at her eyes! (the pupils would be large in withdrawal, pinpoints when high on dope) How recent was her documented drug abuse? (as I understand it that was the reason he got custody.... and if he has some arrests for pot, sounds like the bio-mom's problems are probably worse)

Ariane,
imo that would make Alot of sense.

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Foot search still taking place near Haleigh's home. Are there searches taking place anywhere else? If not, the recovered evidence must suggest murder.

Twitter says "on foot and horseback"......

tfrohning
02-14-2009, 11:01 AM
What:mad:

tx_Dot
02-14-2009, 11:02 AM
GVS interviewed Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch, about the articles(s) which were found on the search that day. He of course had to be very nonspecific so as not to reveal anything. His face & tone of voice spoke volumes, I did not detect any optimism for a good outcome. I did not hear any mention of cadaver dogs.

TY....I guess 'no news' is certainly 'good news' when cadaver dogs aren't mentioned.......

sega-sleuth
02-14-2009, 11:04 AM
It was just for her visitation....nothing else.
tehcloser- thanks for clearing that up. It concerned me to read that. I was unable to follow last night as GS was here.

JenBMomto3
02-14-2009, 11:04 AM
What we know or has been said by the family about the night and morning of the abduction, Please correct me, nicely on anything that is wrong, just getting an idea for whats, whats :)

3:00PM Monday Ronald states he picked Haleigh up after school

3:00PM Monday Ronald was due to go to work

?-5:30PM monday neighbors say Haleigh and junior went in from playing with neighbor children

3-5:45 PM monday somewhere in this time frame is a visit from Misty's Brother and her nephews who were stated leaving the house at 5:45

8:00PM monday Misty says she put Haleigh and Junior both to bed covering Haleigh with only a sheet

8pm-10pm Misty stays up cleaning taking out trash and washing Haleigh's blanket that smelled like pee, This is the last time Misty says she saw Haleigh

10PM monday Misty herself went to bed covering Haleigh with her blanket that is now washed and dried

3:00AMish tuesday Morning Misty wakes up to go to bathroom/get a drink notices kitchen light on which leads her to seeing the back door is wide open with screen door propped open with cynderblock

3:00 AM tuesday morning Dads shift is over on his way home

3:27AM tuesday morning 911 call placed that Haleigh is missing

3:49 AM Crystal Bio-mom( stated on Nancy Grace by Crystal) gets a call From Ronalds Mother stating that Haleigh is missing

5:15AM Crystal calls her father (haleigh's grandfather) to tell him that she's missing (father later states that Crystal didn't get a call until 5:00am herself)

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 11:05 AM
TY....I guess 'no news' is certainly 'good news' when cadaver dogs aren't mentioned.......

Ya know Dot, kinda OT but, one thing I have discovered from Maddie and Caylee's cases, there just are not a lot of certified cadaver dogs. That needs to be addressed. Sadly.

tfrohning
02-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Did any notice in the police report that RC mother for Sheriff department. Did I read right
that right??

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 11:06 AM
tehcloser- thanks for clearing that up. It concerned me to read that. I was unable to follow last night as GS was here.

My first thoughts were like yours....whoaaaaaaaaaaa. :blowkiss:

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 11:07 AM
What we know or has been said by the family about the night and morning of the abduction, Please correct me,nicelky on anything that is wrong, just getting an idea for whats, whats :)

?-5:30PM monday neighbors say Haleigh and junior went in from playing with neighbor children

3-5:45 PM monday somewhere in this time frame is a visit from Misty's Brother and her nephews who were stated leaving the house at 5:45

8:00PM monday Misty says she put Haleigh and Junior both to bed covering Haleigh with only a sheet

8pm-10pm Misty stays up cleaning taking out trash and washing Haleigh's blanket that smelled like pee

10PM monday Misty herself went to bed covering Haleigh with her blanket that is now washed and dried

3:00AMish tuesday Morning Misty wakes up to go to bathroom/get a drink notices kitchen light on which leads her to seeing the back door is wide open with screen door propped open with cynderblock

3:?? 911 call placed that haliegh is missing

3:49 AM Crystal Bio-mom gets a call From Ronalds Mother stating that Haleigh is missing

5:00AM Crystal calls her father (haleigh's granfather) to tell him that she's missing

The 911 call was at 3:27. And Johnny Sheffield's account of when his daughter was notified is different. He says Crystal was not called until around 5 which is when he then went to verify it for her.

daisy7
Is the domestic violence injunction still in place between Dad and bio Mom? That may explain handing the brother over to police, cuz they couldn't be around each other?

ROBLYN
missing to abduction hopefully. Unfortunately, I think it most recently already was a kidnap investigation. How about abduction to abduction + rape? I hate to think of that, but I'm also hoping she's alive. Shasta survived and I'm hoping Haleigh will too.

obguthr,

As much as it is making me physically ill to think about, i hope this is the case.

tfrohning
What we know or has been said by the family about the night and morning of the abduction, Please correct me,nicelky on anything that is wrong, just getting an idea for whats, whats :)

8pm-10pm Misty stays up cleaning taking out trash and washing Haleigh's blanket that smelled like pee

3:?? 911 call placed that haliegh is missing

3:49 AM Crystal Bio-mom gets a call From Ronalds Mother stating that Haleigh is missing

5:00AM Crystal calls her father (haleigh's granfather) to tell him that she's missing

What time was the AC guy there . I don't see that??

Beyond Belief
02-14-2009, 11:08 AM
that was strange.
The Buffalo Bluff has a walking tour attached to it. keep clicking left on buffalo until u come to tyler, you can literally walk down tyler.
the empty property on 7 sisters is interesting too. says it has private river access. looks like it backs up to green lane.

obguthr
02-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Did any notice in the police report that RC mother for Sheriff department. Did I read right
that right??

Dispatcher in neighboring county

JenBMomto3
02-14-2009, 11:10 AM
The 911 call was at 3:27. And Johnny Sheffield's account of when his daughter was notified is different. He says Crystal was not called until around 5 which is when he then went to verify it for her.

Thanks!! And I love your new Sig!

kellync
02-14-2009, 11:10 AM
I have posted this before, but I will post again, that river moves FAST. I watched it on GVS, and boy, it has a strong current...

tfrohning
02-14-2009, 11:12 AM

Right below that it said that Bio Mom was walking to get her son?
Wonder if Dad and Mom got in a fight and had to call in LE. that why police took over the little boy.
I can see the Bio Mom lashing out at the dad and GF.

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Twitter update......

More volunteers arrive on scene to help search heavily wooded area off of Buffalo Bluff Rd.
5 minutes ago from mobile web

ETA...Isn't Bluff what our astro's came up with?

AuburnJenn
02-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Wondered about the weather down there. It's been pouring here in the Panhandle since last night.

Yep, it's about to hit us hard in Tallahassee, just checked the weather map. Should be really reaching Orlando area later this afternoon.

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Right below that it said that Bio Mom was walking to get her son?
Wonder if Dad and Mom got in a fight and had to call in LE. that why police took over the little boy.
I can see the Bio Mom lashing out at the dad and GF.

There is def some tension there, but I think LE took the situation over to avoid any problems. Seems logical to me any way...lol

NewsHound22
02-14-2009, 11:15 AM
ITA......LE has talked to the AC guy, I wonder what he said about the door & the cinder block ??

Maybe if the door was just closed, the gf didn't check the dead bolt, because it's usually checked/locked everyday ??

This might have been brought up before, does anybody think that the gf uses the cinder block to hold open the door when she goes out for a smoke break? They were both smoking walking around the other day when they were being questioned. Does she smoke in the house? Certainly possible that she forgot to close and lock the door, and that's why she looks so guilty of something. I didnt like the way they talk with their eyes closed, and the father really did go way over the top on his 911 call. Instead of cussing and using every f word he could think of and threatening to kill someone, why wasnt he running around outside in the woods, anywhere to find her. Why didnt he call 911 in the first place? Did any one notice the bandage he has on the side of his neck?

MeoW333
02-14-2009, 11:15 AM
http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-02-14/story/fifth_day_of_search_for_haleigh_brings_sense_of_gl oom

"Volunteers showing up for the search are counting the hours and minutes that the girl has been missing and have grown worried, said Carolyn Todd, who is with the Texas-based search group known as Equusearch. “They don’t like the feel of this,” Todd said. “They don’t think we’re going to find a well child.”

Nana46
02-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Does anyone know this....I saw it on an update or somewhere last night...something about arguing starting after George A was interviewed? Did I dream this? lol, also is there a mobile webcam somewhere linked?TIA

tx_Dot
02-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Ya know Dot, kinda OT but, one thing I have discovered from Maddie and Caylee's cases, there just are not a lot of certified cadaver dogs. That needs to be addressed. Sadly.

ITA.....esp. when parents are co-operating, w/polys etc.....run a dog in/around the house to immediately eliminate the residence as a 'crime scene'.

Many questions about Caylee's case could of been answered sooner (??) if the dogs had been brought inside also.

tehcloser
. “They been searching so far out. They’re not checking cars anymore. There are no helicopters up.”

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-02-14/story/fifth_day_of_search_for_haleigh_brings_sense_of_gl oom

They know what they found yesterday, and they know what it means. I just hope they find her quickly.

JenBMomto3
What time was the AC guy there . I don't see that??

Thanks!!! I am looking for that information :)

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 11:19 AM
ita.....esp. When parents are co-operating, w/polys etc.....run a dog in/around the house to immediately eliminate the residence as a 'crime scene'.

Many questions about caylee's case could of been answered sooner (??) if the dogs had been brought inside also.

ita!!!!!!!

doogiesgirl
02-14-2009, 11:21 AM
http://www.fox30online.com/media/news/1/3/e/13e1a8a0-e082-477f-9698-11a796f76a10/petineer.pdf

What a sad read. Some children.....have to endure so much. I've known guys like this is my younger days, I think Misty is scared to tell the truth, and she has reason to be IMO. MJHO

ElizaAvalon
02-14-2009, 11:22 AM

Hank Thomas Jr.

AKA Tommy

Searchfortruth
02-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Who filed for the domestic violence injunction?

I saw the Dad completed the required parenting class, but didn't see that the bio Mom completed it.

Do we know that DCF was involved with this family? If there was an open DCF case, custody and child support would be handled under that case.I thought I remembered someone official saying there had been DCF contact with the family in the past, but because of confidentiality issues they could not offer more specific information. I don't like the court records and complaints of DV on the Dad. I understand that in a custody battle things can be said on both sides that are not true, but given all of the circumstances right now, it just doesn't sit well. I hope and pray that Haleigh is found safe.

JenBMomto3
02-14-2009, 11:23 AM
There is def some tension there, but I think LE took the situation over to avoid any problems. Seems logical to me any way...lol

Definitely notice some tension there, Maybe thats why the Band-aid is on Dad's neck, Crystal might have gotten to close and gotten a peice of dad.

tx_Dot
02-14-2009, 11:23 AM
This might have been brought up before, does anybody think that the gf uses the cinder block to hold open the door when she goes out for a smoke break? They were both smoking walking around the other day when they were being questioned. Does she smoke in the house? Certainly possible that she forgot to close and lock the door, and that's why she looks so guilty of something. I didnt like the way they talk with their eyes closed, and the father really did go way over the top on his 911 call. Instead of cussing and using every f word he could think of and threatening to kill someone, why wasnt he running around outside in the woods, anywhere to find her. Why didnt he call 911 in the first place? Did any one notice the bandage he has on the side of his neck?

LOL...all good questions, haven't heard any answers yet, to any.

the only consistant thing that both say, is this back door isn't used much.

fabvab
02-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Absolutely I agree. If you break it down, what she was paying is about $5 per child, per day. Not much. If she wants more living expenses, get another job or go back to school to make more money. Children cost money and their needs should come first, not mom's and not dad's.

To get back on topic, I will continue to pray for her safe return.
Does bio mom work? I don't recall hearing where she worked. Maybe I have been reading too fast trying to keep up...esp. cause I am suppose to be packing up to move to another house.

kiki the parrot
02-14-2009, 11:24 AM

I don't know his name, but I would also like to know if the footprint and the "items" of interest were found in the woods between Haleigh's house and the brother's.

I keep wondering about this outbuilding. PLEASE can anyone tell me specific location and/or direct me to at least a description of this? I didn't have very good feeling and thought maybe "items of interest" maybe were found there?

(bold mine) Sounds good (or awful) to me, my thoughts too. A parent or caregiver--especially young, recent, or drug user eg w history of child protective services, violence etc--is naturally more defensive, so unfortunately some of the responses from dad or gf in actuality may not accurately depict activities specifically that day--which of course is so critical in investigation! JMO

:parrot:

msrl
02-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Regarding the properties that the landlord owns, I noticed that SO Johns lives in one of them. Could it just be a coincidence?

lorilei
02-14-2009, 11:25 AM
did the LE question Jr.?

ElizaAvalon
02-14-2009, 11:27 AM
This is the post with the map that was done by JWG of the route of the tracking dogs.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3307947&postcount=318

I looked up the owner of the home that Haleigh live in and did a search to see if the same people owned any place else. They do.
These are the address for google: [use Satsuma for phone/street address look up]
202 Green Ln, Putnam, Florida 32189 [I]<--- Haleigh's Home
200 Monroe Ave Putnam, Florida 32189
201 Monroe Ave Putnam, Florida 32189
212 Monroe Ave Putnam, Florida 32189 <--- Address of closest SO
102 Hoover Ln Putnam, Florida 32189
104 Hoover Ln Putnam, Florida 32189
103 Buchanan Cir Putnam, Florida 32189

Start at Green Ln and go straight to 200 Monroe, then to 201 Monroe and then to 212 Monroe follow around onto Buchanan Cir all the way back towards the river and continue back around still on Buchanan make a left onto Hoover Ln, both properties being on the corner, back out left onto Buchanan, right onto Monroe and left onto Tyler and out to Buffalo Bluff Rd. at the tracks. This is the same route that the dogs followed if I have my directions correct.

Google wont take you all the way around in a big circle because it always picks the shortest route but if you put the addresses in you can follow it and see it’s the same. [I have no idea how to post it so you will have to input the addresses into google map in the order yourself and then look at that map compared to the map by JWG.

I may be making a mountain out of a molehill but it does make me wonder. The owners have two phone numbers. The owners have one address in PA and one on FL at the 201 Monroe Ave. Address so I believe that this may be their snowbird/vacation address.

-I’m thinking about the A/C guy’s vehicle. Would he have gone to each of the homes and serviced all of the units for each rental plus the one that the owner uses and made his way back around Buchanan Cir back to Monroe and then on out of the park. I know it’s been reported that he was cleared but would he have keys to the homes that someone else could have copied at some point.
-Could Haleigh’s blanket in ‘the van’ that Misty’ mentions have gone the same way and the dogs tracked that. I do not know if that would be possible? Would tracking dogs pick up a scent in a vehicle if the windows were rolled down?

This could be just a common way to go in and out of this area so almost anyone would pass by these homes but then why would the dogs track it.

Just putting this out there.

Yes, I agree.

I've also highlighed the address of the closest SO in your list. He has the same landlord as Haleigh's dad, in case anyone missed that info buried in a previous thread.

Tyler is where gf's brother and family live.

maureenv
02-14-2009, 11:29 AM
that was strange.

Here's something else to think about (I am a Florida Realtor). Due to bank foreclosures there have been A LOT of homeless people taking up residence in these foreclosures. I wonder if LE have found vagrants in some of these properties.

obguthr
Does bio mom work? I don't recall hearing where she worked. Maybe I have been reading too fast trying to keep up...esp. cause I am suppose to be packing up to move to another house.

Court docs asid she was a waitress at a BBQ joint in 2006. Perhaps this is Woody's in Macclenny FL and she still works there?

pirate
One bit of info I want to share with the sleuthers regarding the St. John's River.

This river flows from south to north versus the typical flow of north to south.

It starts in the everglades and flows north until about 20 or 25 miles north of Satsuma where it veers east and mouths into the Atlantic in Jacksonville.

So if any water searches yield a relevant discovery, it would likely be in the Palatka area.

Ms.Heather
02-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Jeesh. Just when my heart started to "mend" for Caylee, now we have missing Haleigh. What is it with Florida?!?! Why does it seem all the missing children on the news are from Florida?

This case makes me sad. This poor baby. Noone just vanishes. Someone knows where she went, and who she is with.

I think abduction. I don't think the father had anything at all to do with it. I do however think that the GF is hiding something. Something about her story just isn't right. Maybe she decided to go out and left the back door propped open as to not disturb the kids when she got home? Or maybe she unlocked it to come back in it after she went out? Did she just so happen to get up to use the bathroom at 3am, the exact time her boyfriend was getting out of work... or did she just make it home in time for him to get home from work? Why didn't she call 911 first?! Why does her story keep changing?! Do you think its possible she was hanging out with a bunch of friends and told one of them that the kids were home alone while she was out... Maybe the friends didn't like the father. If he was a known drug dealer (at any point in his life) he has enemies, no doubt about that.

Something don't sit right. I don't see a happy ending here. I think this little girl is playing with Caylee... So sad.

GRANNYL
02-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I have posted this before, but I will post again, that river moves FAST. I watched it on GVS, and boy, it has a strong current...

The St. Johns River also runs in reverse, South to North.:)

GreenTeam
02-14-2009, 11:31 AM
What a sad read. Some children.....have to endure so much. I've known guys like this is my younger days, I think Misty is scared to tell the truth, and she has reason to be IMO. MJHO

I'm not able to open the court documents for some reason. Can you or someone summarize what's in them? Thanks!

doogiesgirl
02-14-2009, 11:33 AM
did the LE question Jr.?

eww---good question!

maureenv
02-14-2009, 11:34 AM
I thought I hear from the presser yesterday the Sheriff said. that someone has Hayeigh
and they have no rights. If kinda struck me has someone took her for her safetly. but not take the little boy!!!

I kind of thought that too. That's what I've been thinking this whole time. I think a family member did it for their safety and just couldn't get to the boy, because he was too close to Misty.

I had a situation in my family, where a relative of mine was sooooo neglectful of their child. All of us had called CPS, and not much was done. He's safe and in a good home now, but at the time if some of the family lived closer (we're out of state), we might have done the same thing.

daisy7
02-14-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm not able to open the court documents for some reason. Can you or someone summarize what's in them? Thanks!

I couldn't open them with Firefox, but could with Internet Explorer. Though, it came up that the file was damaged, I could still view it.

kiki the parrot
02-14-2009, 11:37 AM

(bold mine) Agree, makes me wonder too!! Landlord rents to SO also, it was discovered and posted in previous thread. As you say, it could just be someone merely associated w landlord, relative eg, w access to keys or familiarity w units, children, schedules etc. Was wondering what do we know re van? I know it was mentioned in connection w a blanket tho assume was not really stolen (as rumored) but haven't heard anything much else. Was it working? Was it driven? Just parked there? (Good grief my mind can wander to creepy places, ie drugs etc) :(

GRANNYL
02-14-2009, 11:38 AM
One bit of info I want to share with the sleuthers regarding the St. John's River.

This river flows from south to north versus the typical flow of north to south.

It starts in the everglades and flows north until about 20 or 25 miles north of Satsuma where it veers east and mouths into the Atlantic in Jacksonville.

So if any water searches yield a relevant discovery, it would likely be in the Palatka area.

Pirate, Sorry!!! didn't see your post. I was to lazy to look up more info, just know from living in the area 34 years and close to the river the way it flows.

Glad you provided info I didn't.
GRANNYL:blowkiss:

doogiesgirl
02-14-2009, 11:39 AM

Hey GreenTeam--

Try going to page 2 post #46 for the link. See if hitting it directly helps. If not let me know and I'll go back to them and take some notes.

ElizaAvalon
02-14-2009, 11:39 AM

I'm with you. She was not clear at all about the blanket. I'd like to know why she felt compelled to even state that part of it as it is completely irrelevant.

This is what I got from the interview (very hard because she talks fast):
I didn't hear anything at all nothing. If I woulda heard something, I woulda got up and I wouldn'ta let them take her.

Okay i put her to bed around um 8 o'clock because that's her bedtime she has school.

I put her to bed in her blanket and my blanket. My blanket was in the van that they took. So we had a blanket hanging on the window and I had to wash that and her blanket. Her blanket, was - her blanket she had peed on the blanket the night before I guess and I was gonna put it on her but it smelled like pee so I washed the blanket and I gave her a little sheet to cover up with and she fell asleep and I come in there and put her blanket on her and then I lay down and it was about I mean I'm not positive what time it was like 3 you know. I seen 3. 3 o'clock in the morning I got up and I got up cause I had to use the bathroom but I didn't make it to the bathroom. I seen the kitchen light on and I walked in the kitchen and the back door's wide open and I didn't notice about Haleigh then until I see the back door open and then I go in her room and she's gone and that's all I know is when I woke up and I went to sleep she was there and when I woke up she was gone.

Unless I'm hearing wrong, what does this mean: I put her to bed in her blanket and my blanket.

If gf's blanket was in the van and Haleigh's blanket was in the was, she did not put her to bed in any blanket. She put her to bed in a sheet.

obguthr
02-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Question for all:
What evidence found could cause the Sheriff's office to say:

"We are very hopeful that she is alive ... and we are looking forward to a very positive outcome."

and TES to say that there probably wouldn't be a happy ending?

I think they both feel she is alive but is hurt or being hurt. That would synch up both apparently opposing statements.

kellync
02-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks to Pirate and Grannyl, maybe thats why the river looked to flow so fast, maybe it was the reversal that was playng tricks on my eyes.
also, I would bet adollar dad has a hickey on his neck, girlfriend put it there to mark her territory, and someone told him to cover it up for tv, etc..JMO

MeoW333
02-14-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm with you. She was not clear at all about the blanket. I'd like to know why she felt compelled to even state that part of it as it is completely irrelevant.

Unless I'm hearing wrong, what does this mean: I put her to bed in her blanket and my blanket.

If gf's blanket was in the van and Haleigh's blanket was in the was, she did not put her to bed in any blanket. She put her to bed in a sheet.

IMO, MC said that to avoid the real question of what happened that night

ElizaAvalon
02-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Question for all:

"We are very hopeful that she is alive ... and we are looking forward to a very positive outcome."

I think they both feel she is alive but is hurt or being hurt. That would synch up both apparently opposing statements.

IMO, everything LE says is to help their investigation.

Anything to avoid the perps lawyering up...

kellync
02-14-2009, 11:45 AM

I wonder if G/F was tired of washing blankets that had been peed on? That could make someone lose their cool..Just a thought. A sick one, yes, but a thought

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Question for all:

I think LE always say that at first. Tim however, just tells it like it is.

Beyond Belief
02-14-2009, 11:47 AM
The biggest thing I find that wasn't said in initial interview would have been something pertaining to the fact: the house was cold. it was in the 40's that night. if a door was wide open that place would have been ice cold, i don't care how good the heat system is..

cheko1
02-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Question for all:

I am going with what TM stated........he has done many more missing person cases then the Local LE....JMO

passionflower
02-14-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm watching all the major news sourses and no coverage, just a tidbit of what we know already.
What is the local news in that area?
Would it be Jax?
any links?
Nothing new?

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 11:50 AM
KiKi

If the outbuilding you are wondering about is the one by the home...it is just right there, within feet of trailer. The video on HLN showed it and they did zoom in on pieces of cinder blocks that were under it.

obguthr
02-14-2009, 11:50 AM
I am going with what TM stated........he has done many more missing person cases then the Local LE....JMO

I'm trying to explain it in a way that LE is not knowingly lying. I don't think they would in this situation, even in a Macciavellian way, because of the negative PR backlash.

LancelotLink
02-14-2009, 11:51 AM
I'd like to know more about this van.

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm trying to explain it in a way that LE is not knowingly lying. I don't think they would in this situation, even in a Macciavellian way, because of the negative PR backlash.

It;s not that they are lying. Saying they are hoping for a positive outcome is true. It keeps people coming to help. With the Caylee case LE said for a long time they were hoping for a good outcome even tho they new it would not be that way.

obguthr

I know, not much has been mentioned. I suspected it was seized by LE, but even that is unconfirmed.

Nana46

Me too......am totally lost here...cannot keep up,lol
did LE take the van?

passionflower
02-14-2009, 11:54 AM
The biggest thing I find that wasn't said in initial interview would have been something pertaining to the fact: the house was cold. it was in the 40's that night. if a door was wide open that place would have been ice cold, i don't care how good the heat system is..

That is what I said a few days ago.........door open (cold)
light on in kitchen (wake up?)
IMO gf wasn't there or passed out???
Nothing from gf makes sense to me at all................:furious:

SeriouslySearching
Originally Posted by tehcloser

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...gh_search.html

There is just something about the way that is worded, that and Tim's statement last night......I read it a few times because it is hard to decifer his exact meaning. It could mean simply switching gears into moving away from initial suspects or areas. It could also mean they are considering turning it over to Homicide after getting the preliminary test results today. They must have found some crucial evidence yesterday.

ElizaAvalon
http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/39610187.html (http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/39610187.html)

<snipped>

Without hearing this from her mouth, we don't know if this is true.

However, if it is, I can only go with my current theory that she was high that night (wherever she was). If she did go to sleep that night - big if - it's quite possible that she doesn't even remember where she slept.

sega-sleuth
Local news:
News4jax.com
firstcoastnews.com

Adrienne37
I'm watching all the major news sourses and no coverage, just a tidbit of what we know already.
What is the local news in that area?
Would it be Jax?
any links?
Nothing new?

The Gainesville Sun has a good bit of information as well as The Florida Times Union out of Jacksonville. For TV, it would be WJXT out of Jacksonville.

ElizaAvalon
02-14-2009, 11:56 AM

snippet:

Volunteers showing up for the search are counting the hours and minutes that the girl has been missing and have grown worried, said Carolyn Todd, who is with the Texas-based search group known as Equusearch.
“They don’t like the feel of this,” Todd said. “They don’t think we’re going to find a well child.”

Makes my heart sink. As much as I know this, it's hard to hear.

Beyond Belief
02-14-2009, 11:57 AM
That is what I said a few days ago.........door open (cold)
light on in kitchen (wake up?)
IMO gf wasn't there or passed out???
Nothing from gf makes sense to me at all................:furious:
So why was the a.c. guy there? routine check or had they reported issues with it? no one in that area uses a.c. this time of year. heat yes. so if the heat was not working, those kids would have been wearing alot more to bed than a tshirt and underwear. And alot more blankets then one.

obguthr
The Gainesville Sun has a good bit of information as well as The Florida Times Union out of Jacksonville. For TV, it would be WJXT out of Jacksonville.

First Coast News was streaming live yesterday. Nothing this morning.

lorilei
I was looking over the police report again. I noticed they had a section blacked out. Could this be where they questioned Jr? They can't release his info. b/c he is a minor right?

passionflower
02-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the stations and paper.........

Since this is a kidnapping so to speak.......FBI coming in????

LancelotLink
02-14-2009, 11:59 AM
I know, not much has been mentioned. I suspected it was seized by LE, but even that is unconfirmed.

I read something in the rap sheet about maintaining a drug vehicle. What does that mean? Portable meth lab? Paraphernalia found in vehicle? I'm lost...

tehcloser
I was looking over the police report again. I noticed they had a section blacked out. Could this be where they questioned Jr? They can't release his info. b/c he is a minor right?

My thought was that it was Jr's info blacked out.

SeriouslySearching
has anyone else noticed this.......Something is not right here. This makes me sick to my stomach and says alot about the "items" found yesterday and the possible outcome we may see unfolding in this case.This was the entry right before:

Just got word mother Crystal Sheffield is going to go to walk to father's home @ 6 to get her son, Ronald Jr., as per scheduled visitation.
about 10 hours ago from txt

There was probably an issue between the camps about her taking the son this weekend so the police assisted in her legally obtaining her visitation rights. I don't believe it has anything to do with what was found, but the animosity between the families. Tensions are running so high.

ElizaAvalon
I read something in the rap sheet about maintaining a drug vehicle. What does that mean? Portable meth lab? Paraphernalia found in vehicle? I'm lost...

Yes. I have been meaning to go back and find it and post it in the info sticky.

obguthr
So why was the a.c. guy there? routine check or had they reported issues with it? no one in that area uses a.c. this time of year. heat yes. so if the heat was not working, those kids would have been wearing alot more to bed than a tshirt and underwear. And alot more blankets then one.

AC guy may just be a general reference. He might be more accuratelt called an HVAC guy. I can't confirm this, however.

SeriouslySearching
02-14-2009, 12:01 PM

Since this is a kidnapping so to speak.......FBI coming in????The FBI is already in as they conducted the SO interviews, I believe.

tehcloser
twitter update

The media area is getting fuller by the hour. News conference is scheduled for 4 p.m. today.
less than 20 seconds ago from mobile web

Beyond Belief
theres a trailer off of 7 sisters on Juia Lane (a short dead end) that is probably emply as its listed as a Hud house. a short walk thru the wood from Green. So similiar to the location of the place Couey was staying in, I think I would be digging around and under that place if I was LE

lorilei
02-14-2009, 12:02 PM
That's what I'm thinking too. He may have told them about the van,a/c guy, and the sleeping arrangements.

Wise Old Owl

Since this is a kidnapping so to speak.......FBI coming in????
FBI has been there from the get go. I'm thinking Nick Savage as he was in Orlando already. IMO LE is playing this WAY DIFFERENT than Caylee - they jumped the gun on that one by arresting KC and it cost them. Nope, they are laying low, doing their job and watching, watching, watching.

Also, about the cadavar dogs. It was said on NG on Thursday night that they had 15 cadavar dogs coming. 5 from Georgia and the other 10 from surrounding areas. That is quite a bit and we haven't heard word one on what they are doing, where they are searching, anything.

LancelotLink
Me too......am totally lost here...cannot keep up,lol
did LE take the van?

I know! I'm almost afraid to post anything for fear it was already discussed...LOL

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Wasn't this AC guy cleared?

passionflower

I thought that it was odd to have a/c looked at in the winter..........
could of been a furnace guy????
I agree, nothing but a shirt and panties?
I lived in Jax, Orlando, Allbany GA and it does get damp & cold at night down there this time of year! Also bugs & little lizards with a door open! I remember them!

LancelotLink
Can someone supply me with a link or directions to the Astro sleuth findings about Bluff? Please? Pretty please??

SeriouslySearching
02-14-2009, 12:04 PM
I read something in the rap sheet about maintaining a drug vehicle. What does that mean? Portable meth lab? Paraphernalia found in vehicle? I'm lost...In this instance, vehicle could mean transfer of goods = sales.

lorilei
02-14-2009, 12:04 PM
I believe so.

Devon
02-14-2009, 12:05 PM
I wonder if G/F was tired of washing blankets that had been peed on? That could make someone lose their cool..Just a thought. A sick one, yes, but a thought

After reading about the bed-wetting I have had similar thoughts. How many 17 year old girls who are not the natural mothers of children with bed-wetting problems are going to be sympathetic and understanding when presented with urine soaked bedding on a regular basis? If Haleigh does wet the bed on occasions, would the GF be happy to share a bed with her? Did Haleigh wet the bed that night?

Was there punishment that day or night that may have caused Haleigh to run away in the middle of the night? There's no evidence yet that the door WAS locked that night as it allegedly 'always' is. Or could the GF have put her outside as punishment? She seems to be a little vague on the 'blankets' issue. Lots of thoughts - none of them pleasant! :mad:

obguthr
02-14-2009, 12:06 PM
FBI has been there from the get go. I'm thinking Nick Savage as he was in Orlando already. IMO LE is playing this WAY DIFFERENT than Caylee - they jumped the gun on that one by arresting KC and it cost them. Nope, they are laying low, doing their job and watching, watching, watching.

Also, about the cadavar dogs. It was said on NG on Thursday night that they had 15 cadavar dogs coming. 5 from Georgia and the other 10 from surrounding areas. That is quite a bit and we haven't heard word one on what they are doing, where they are searching, anything.

Bringing in the cadaver dogs is the right thing to do. If Haleigh wasn't abducted, it isn't likely she is alive. She either drowned or succumbed to hypothermia. She may have found shelter somehow, but the odds are against it.

LancelotLink
02-14-2009, 12:06 PM
In this instance, vehicle could mean transfer of goods = sales.

Oh! Thank you.

Carrington
02-14-2009, 12:07 PM
It appears from the court document that Jr has a heart problem.
They were born "out of wedlock" according to the court doc. Strange that a father as verbally threatening as RC would get custody of both children.
Mother and Aunt (of Ron) probvided care a couple of years ago.

passionflower
02-14-2009, 12:08 PM
This was the entry right before:

Just got word mother Crystal Sheffield is going to go to walk to father's home @ 6 to get her son, Ronald Jr., as per scheduled visitation.
about 10 hours ago from txt

There was probably an issue between the camps about her taking the son this weekend so the police assisted in her legally obtaining her visitation rights. I don't believe it has anything to do with what was found, but the animosity between the families. Tensions are running so high.

AHHHHH, and tomorrow is JR's birthday, right?
Was he living in tent with gf and dad these last few nights?
I think gf said 'they took the van'........meaning LE?

Jubilee
02-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Same here. How incredibly sad. :(

I couldn't make the link to the documents work. Could someone re-post?

passionflower
02-14-2009, 12:09 PM
If bio mom has to 'walk to get son'....she doesn't drive? no car? no one to escort her?

Wise Old Owl
I thought that it was odd to have a/c looked at in the winter..........
could of been a furnace guy????
I agree, nothing but a shirt and panties?
I lived in Jax, Orlando, Allbany GA and it does get damp & cold at night down there this time of year! Also bugs & little lizards with a door open! I remember them!
Down here - its very common. Most all of our A/C's are reverse cycle. It has been "chilly" there and I bet the heat part of that A/C wasn't working right - hence the A/C repair call.

FightTheOstrich

One of the symptoms of Turner's is pigmented moles.

passionflower
02-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Haleigh and JR both have medical problems?
Oh my now that is allot of care.

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 12:10 PM
If bio mom has to 'walk to get son'....she doesn't drive? no car? no one to escort her?

They are all right there at the command center...that is where she was "walking".

SeriouslySearching
02-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Ronald Jr. was staying with his paternal grandmother and their family.

obguthr
02-14-2009, 12:12 PM

According to her MS page, she totalled her car. Working minimum wage and paying a third of that in child support, she may not have a car. If I'm not mistaken, RC is responsible for transporting the kids for visitation.

kellync
02-14-2009, 12:13 PM
And why sleep in a tent? Is there no family there to stay with at night? Or maybe they dont want to leave the area, i guess I could understand that, but the child should be in a home somewhere. JMO

Nana46
02-14-2009, 12:14 PM
What a horrible sad situation that these children are apparently involved in....I think we all know or have seen this in some of our surroundings but we still just hate to face it....this family just does not seem the "type" (if there is a type) to be able to conceal much.....therefore I feel there is so much here we are not privvy to yet by LE....they have something but what?
Also is GA still there

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 12:14 PM
And why sleep in a tent? Is there no family there to stay with at night? Or maybe they dont want to leave the area, i guess I could understand that, but the child should be in a home somewhere. JMO

LE said that they "chose" to saty in a tent, that there were family homes close that they could have stayed at.

kellync
02-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Ronald Jr. was staying with his paternal grandmother and their family.
ok, thanks posts are moving fast, too fast to keep up sometimes.

passionflower
02-14-2009, 12:15 PM
IMO, Haleigh was gone in day time.........not at night
gf waited til dad got home and made up story of kidnap
so he would not be mad at HER!
I hope JR can tell something to someone about the day
that he knows.

KOOL LOOK
02-14-2009, 12:16 PM
To clear up the question on peoples minds about the ac guy repairing during this time of year. Most mobile home heat and air systems are run by an inside furnace and outside system where the motor is used to operate both either way, Unless it's a heat pump system, and their again the same ac/hvac guy is called. In other words their one and the same type of repair. Because he is outside working on the compressor unit even for heat, I've done it myself and called a repairman the ac guy when he's repairing the heat. No big deal about this part and him being in the scheme of things.

This case isn't looking good at all for Haleigh. The Father handing over custody to LE of the son Jr. is probably because it's the bio moms scheduled every other weekend visitation rights and she's exercising them. I certainly hope LE hasn't taken the son from the Father yet with what we know to date about the facts of the case.

I could only see LE taking the son if he admittedly informed them he had something to do with Haleighs disappearance and has been lying to them from the beginning.

I personally think the bandaid on the nape of neck is because the Father got out of control and LE had to physically exert some power and physically calm him down. I know his demeanor and attitude of rage changed greatly after the first day. He's much calmer now and not talking all the threats of killing someone. LE would have to take this serious.

I also think LE is allowing and giving the family plenty of rope to hang themselves if they are guilty in anything concerning Haleighs disappearance, hence allowing them to camp in tent, talk, etc.... giving information like they have passed the polygraphs etc... for if they weren't told they had passed, and their reporting they have, I could see this being helpful to LE in determining their focus.

SeriouslySearching
If bio mom has to 'walk to get son'....she doesn't drive? no car? no one to escort her?Their "camp" is located right outside dad's neighborhood. Directly surrounding where the trailer (Dad's tent) is right now full of LE, TES, and media trucks, vehicles, etc. It would probably make more sense to walk.

Wise Old Owl
I really want to know what time EXACTLY dad left work that night. If he came home, say an hour early, and found gf NOT there and maybe Haleigh woke up or was up and she started "chatting" - he could have "seen red" and took it out on her. Out the back door - then drive around until regular time to come home. He pulls up and there is gf - acting all scared and stuff. Now, he can't SAY anything to her about her not being there....................

I really really really want to know if dad stayed at work the entire time that night.

cajun

Well Jr. was with his mother yesterday, this is the first I've heard about this. I also have never heard of turning custody over to police, maybe CPS.

passionflower
They are all right there at the command center...that is where she was "walking".

Thanks everyone for the updates

KaylynnCouture
02-14-2009, 12:17 PM
LE said that they "chose" to saty in a tent, that there were family homes close that they could have stayed at.

I heard that they chose to stay in a tent because they didn't want to leave the scene.

ElizaAvalon
02-14-2009, 12:19 PM
I wonder if this is the van that gf is talking about. It's in Lindsy's myspace photos and the caption says "I am getting so old...this is what I am driving!"

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=78857035&albumID=806932&imageID=1559439

Did LE take the van?

tehcloser
I heard that they chose to stay in a tent because they didn't want to leave the scene.

Yeah, there has been two schools of thought on that. Being close and being able to talk away from other family members. I know if it was me...I would want to be close. I want to be close now!!!! KWIM?

kellync
The media area is getting fuller by the hour. News conference is scheduled for 4 p.m. today. 18 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/GSReporters/status/1210112925) from mobile web (http://twitterhelp.blogspot.com/2008/05/twitter-via-mobile-web-mtwittercom.html)

from twitter, 18 minutes ago...

Cubby
02-14-2009, 12:22 PM
After reading about the bed-wetting I have had similar thoughts. How many 17 year old girls who are not the natural mothers of children with bed-wetting problems are going to be sympathetic and understanding when presented with urine soaked bedding on a regular basis? If Haleigh does wet the bed on occasions, would the GF be happy to share a bed with her? Did Haleigh wet the bed that night?

Was there punishment that day or night that may have caused Haleigh to run away in the middle of the night? There's no evidence yet that the door WAS locked that night as it allegedly 'always' is. Or could the GF have put her outside as punishment? She seems to be a little vague on the 'blankets' issue. Lots of thoughts - none of them pleasant! :mad:

Good points. It's possible the kids/Haleigh went to sleep in her own bed and after waking sometime in the night climbed in the bed her dad and Misty shared. My 6 yr old often wakes and climbs into bed with me either around 1am or about 5:30am.

I'm trying to catch up reading. Does anyone know why dad and the gf haven't said much about what occured the day and evening Haleigh disappeared? Did they go out, have anyone over? I may have missed it, but when was the AC serviced?

Has it been mentioned why Misty waited for dad to get home to call 911? Or why she left the door open? Why wouldn't she/they be concerned the perp might come back for the younger brother?

It was posted Misty's brother lives behind the trailer? Could she have gone to his place and left the back door open to get back in?

My apologies for all the questions. Still have 8-9 threads to catch up reading.

TY!
Cubby

ROBLYN
02-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Twitter update......

More volunteers arrive on scene to help search heavily wooded area off of Buffalo Bluff Rd.
5 minutes ago from mobile web

ETA...Isn't Bluff what our astro's came up with?

teh,

Yes

SeriouslySearching
02-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Well Jr. was with his mother yesterday, this is the first I've heard about this. I also have never heard of turning custody over to police, maybe CPS.He didn't give up his custody rights. LE assisted in gaining physical custody of the child to give to the mother because of her legal time for visitation. It is the reporter's wording which is misleading in the twitter account.

Beyond Belief
02-14-2009, 12:23 PM
I am wondering if they found hair possible caught on bushes or trees.

ElizaAvalon
02-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Anybody know what this is that Granny's holding up?

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=78857035&albumID=2567285&imageID=40896326

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 12:25 PM

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=78857035&albumID=2567285&imageID=40896326

An open can of biscuits......

Beyond Belief
02-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Geez, I have to go to work and will miss conference at 4. Will some leave some links someplace so I can see it when I get home tonight. thanks
continue you praying for a positive outcome.

passionflower
02-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Amber Alert: New Clues Bring New Hope In Haleigh Search __Saturday, February 14, 2009 9:25:03 AM __Channel 13 Florida__SATSUMA -- A news conference is scheduled for 4 p.m. Saturday for an update on Day 5 of the search for missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.__Investigators said Friday they found various items of interest in the case, and their recent searches were very productive, but did not specify what the items were.__Searchers regrouped Friday to figure out their target areas, and where to go next in the search for Haleigh.__Deputies continue searching by air, on the ground and in the water near the girl's Putnam County home.__Investigators said they will go back over some areas already covered to make sure they did not miss anything__

kellync
02-14-2009, 12:27 PM

an opened can of biscuits. other than that, I will refrain from commenting on this picture:rolleyes:

suzet
02-14-2009, 12:30 PM
I really really really want to know if dad stayed at work the entire time that night.

*snipped by me*

Oh, I do too!

Since I am convinced he is responsible for Haleigh's disappearance and he and Misty are working together to cover it up, I would hope that LE has gone to Ron's place of employment to check for evidence. According to one of the newspeople, Ron works for a company that makes parts for bridges (it was also mentioned he was a crane operator)... whichever, he could have taken a body to work with him. He could have hidden evidence where he works... dumpster, in cement, many things. I actually believe, if this poor child is dead, she was most likely dumped in the body of water near their home, but just covering all the bases here with Ron's job.

I don't think this case will go on long. Ron is going to get very upset with Misty when things don't go as he planned, when people begin to see through his lies (since many of us already see through hers). I'm sure LE already knows. Reading that custody report, only reinforces what I felt about him all along.

I will say it again. The only difference between Ron and Misty is that Ron is a more convincing liar.

This poor child.

obguthr
02-14-2009, 12:30 PM
I am wondering if they found hair possible caught on bushes or trees.

Because of the subsequent statements from the Sheriff's office and TES, I'm inclined to believe the evidence is more substantial than just some strands of hair. Something was found that changed the outlook and direction of the investigation.

KOOL LOOK
02-14-2009, 12:31 PM
an opened can of biscuits. other than that, I will refrain from commenting on this picture:rolleyes:

can someone post the pic, I don't have myspace and can't view it? Thanks

kiki the parrot
02-14-2009, 12:31 PM
KiKi If the outbuilding you are wondering about is the one by the home...it is just right there, within feet of trailer. The video on HLN showed it and they did zoom in on pieces of cinder blocks that were under it.

Thanks, I didn't realize it was so close to trailer. Has anyone said what it's use was? Storage? Partying? Playhouse? Wondering why dogs tracked there.

You and me both... operational? drug vehicle? wth?

I know! I'm almost afraid to post anything for fear it was already discussed...LOL

Listen when I went to bed last nite (as thread #13 was starting) after praying once again this little angel would be found b4 am, I think I had nitemares re what thread no. I might awaken to (Haleigh Cummings Thread #1,547,690...) They are moving so quickly, I am on and off all day but playing catch-up in the ams. Lord I am mostly just trying to avoid thinking the worst and just praying she'll be found and threads can STOP!! JMO

tehcloser
02-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Kiki...they did not show it from the front, but my impression was that it was just a storage shed.

kellync
02-14-2009, 12:32 PM
can someone post the pic, I don't have myspace and can't view it? Thanks
dont worry, you arent missing much. I believe you can click on the link and see the pic with myspace acct or not, unsure.

cajun
02-14-2009, 12:34 PM
He didn't give up his custody rights. LE assisted in gaining physical custody of the child to give to the mother because of her legal time for visitation. It is the reporter's wording which is misleading in the twitter account.

No kidding. Also this is the same one that embedded themselves with the search and took pictures. I noticed they never posted the pictures either. Guess Tim told him not too :crazy:

Curious J
Amber Alert: New Clues Bring New Hope In Haleigh Search __Saturday, February 14, 2009 9:25:03 AM __Channel 13 Florida__SATSUMA -- A news conference is scheduled for 4 p.m. Saturday for an update on Day 5 of the search for missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.__Investigators said Friday they found various items of interest in the case, and their recent searches were very productive, but did not specify what the items were.__Searchers regrouped Friday to figure out their target areas, and where to go next in the search for Haleigh.__Deputies continue searching by air, on the ground and in the water near the girl's Putnam County home.__Investigators said they will go back over some areas already covered to make sure they did not miss anything__

Why the long wait between announcing the presser and the presser? For those who are experts in these matters what does that normally mean?

SeriouslySearching
Because of the subsequent statements from the Sheriff's office and TES, I'm inclined to believe the evidence is more substantial than just some strands of hair. Something was found that changed the outlook and direction of the investigation.I agree. It could be her clothing with visible forensic evidence, a weapon, or an actual crime scene. It is something which implies she is no longer alive, imo. :(

hornswoggled
02-14-2009, 12:35 PM
In listening to the 911 call placed by gf, you can hear RC mouthing in the background. For the most part it is unintelligible, but after they were disconnected about midway on the recording, the dispatcher calls them back. He answers and the dispatcher asks to speak to his wife. He hands gf the phone and he can clearly be heard saying "How the f*** can you let my daughter get stolen b****?" I think during the disconnect, he might have become violent with gf, because her answers were a very quick "yes", the kind of reply you might hear from someone who is being threatened physically. This is just my take on what I heard.

Wise Old Owl
02-14-2009, 12:36 PM
*snipped by me*

Oh, I do too!

Since I am convinced he is responsible for Haleigh's disappearance and he and Misty are working together to cover it up, I would hope that LE has gone to Ron's place of employment to check for evidence. According to one of the newspeople, Ron works for a company that makes parts for bridges (it was also mentioned he was a crane operator)... whichever, he could have taken a body to work with him. He could have hidden evidence where he works... dumpster, in cement, many things. I actually believe, if this poor child is dead, she was most likely dumped in the body of water near their home, but just covering all the bases here with Ron's job.

I don't think this case will go on long. Ron is going to get very upset with Misty when things don't go as he planned, when people begin to see through his lies (since many of us already see through hers). I'm sure LE already knows. Reading that custody report, only reinforces what I felt about him all along.

I will say it again. The only difference between Ron and Misty is that Ron is a more convincing liar.

This poor child.
No, I don't think anything happened BEFORE he left for work. I think he got done early. Crane operators work "a" job. Even if he was running a crane at a fabricating location. Once the "job" is done - the crane gets shut down.

He just went way too far off the deep end that night - too much, too quick, too soon. And he called gf "dumb b*tch" in the police report. Nope, he was angry about something else!!!! Maybe gf NOT being home when he got there? Like I said - little Haleigh started chatting - about how gf maybe does this somewhat frequently and defended her to dad - and dad "goes off deep end". That would also explain his anger and frustration. HE did something but he BLAMES gf cause she wasn't there! Sound like someone else we know? He was cussing and screaming and threatening to kill whoever did this - what better way to cover - threaten to kill whoever when you KNOW YOU did it! Also, I think they (dad and gf) had to "clean up" that trailer before LE got there - ya know - as in "ditch the stash" somewhere.