PDA

View Full Version : Ron C's other children ~ Fact, or Rumor?

Capri
02-18-2009, 11:22 PM
http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back

According to this article, Misty was babysitting for a woman who had a son with Ron. Does Ron have a son other than Junior?

<<Croslin said she met Cummings about six months ago when she was baby-sitting for a woman who had a child with Cummings.Croslin said she was concerned the baby boy was not being cared for properly.
I told him you need to get your son before something bad happens to him, she said. Croslin said the two started talking. She was 16 at the time.
Her father, Hank Croslin Sr., told the Times-Union that Cummings told him he was 19 and later that he was 21.
Though Hank Croslin said he was angry at first about the lie, he said it is no longer an issue.>>

SeriouslySearching
02-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Wow! Now this is news!! So there is another baby momma and baby for Ron out there somewhere?! Interesting....

You may want to change the title of the thread!

not_my_kids
02-18-2009, 11:29 PM
http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back

According to this article, Misty was babysitting for a woman who had a son with Ron. Does Ron have a son other than Junior?

<<Croslin said she met Cummings about six months ago when she was baby-sitting for a woman who had a child with Cummings.
Croslin said she was concerned the baby boy was not being cared for properly.
I told him you need to get your son before something bad happens to him, she said. Croslin said the two started talking. She was 16 at the time.
Her father, Hank Croslin Sr., told the Times-Union that Cummings told him he was 19 and later that he was 21.
Though Hank Croslin said he was angry at first about the lie, he said it is no longer an issue.>>

Can anyone find a story and stick with it? Really now.

AuburnJenn
02-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Is the little boy she is referring to Ronald Jr? There has been no mention of another baby mama or child. This whole cast of characters is too much for me to keep up with. With all the sound-alike names, multiple baby's fathers, it is a tangled web.

kellync
02-18-2009, 11:42 PM

<<Croslin said she met Cummings about six months ago when she was baby-sitting for a woman who had a child with Cummings.Croslin said she was concerned the baby boy was not being cared for properly.
Another rumor from topix, I read as a comment there that he had an infant and didnt support the baby,and didnt have much to do with the mother. I posted this somewhere in the bazillion threads, but it was at the time, a rumor

Cakegirl
02-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Wow, this could totally be possible. IIRC, him & Crystal (Haleigh's & Jr's mom) have been separated for 3 years or so... man, we couldn't make this more complicated if we tried!

lilpony
02-18-2009, 11:49 PM
So there might be another child that Ronald has. Sheesh, guess they don't believe in birth control...

Wise Old Owl
02-18-2009, 11:54 PM
**THUD**

I've have had just about enough now. Could this be true? You betcha!

How many more players are we gonna get? Now, how can we sleuth this? Does anyone have access to birth records? The way that article reads I would think his name (RC) would have been listed.

winterrose
02-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Ya know.....:confused:

SeriouslySearching
02-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Unless there was a way Misty was babysitting for bio mom, I would say they met over another child which could be Ron's. This would add to the mix in a big way especially if Ron ignores them and pays no support.

ElizaAvalon
02-19-2009, 12:13 AM
You couldn't make this up.

Aries72
02-19-2009, 12:29 AM
I've read that he had another child on another website (can't remember which one) I think it said the child was 11 months old.

Law_girl41
02-19-2009, 12:30 AM
should someone get this article confirmed? I am reading into it that it is written like Croslin herself said this. Or am I taking it out of context? :waitasec:

Croslin said she met Cummings about six months ago when she was baby-sitting for a woman who had a child with Cummings.
I told him you need to get your son before something bad happens to him, she said. Croslin said the two started talking. She was 16 at the time. By DANA TREEN
The Times-Union

Wise Old Owl
02-19-2009, 12:35 AM
should someone get this article confirmed? I am reading into it that it is written like Croslin herself said this. Or am I taking it out of context? :waitasec:
You're right - MC did say this so it is possible that its not true. Could be just another "story". I've been asking for days to find out HOW they met.

jaimie43
02-19-2009, 12:41 AM
You're right - MC did say this so it is possible that its not true. Could be just another "story". I've been asking for days to find out HOW they met.

WOW! I posted earlier today that I thought Misty started out as his baby-sitter...but I meant for Haleigh and JR-not some other chicks baby! lol....

SeriouslySearching
02-19-2009, 12:43 AM
I don't see Misty would have any reason to lie about how she met Ron or that he has another child. It sounds like her father backed up her story on when they met, too.

Wise Old Owl
02-19-2009, 12:45 AM
How can we find out about this child or the baby mama?

SeriouslySearching
02-19-2009, 12:47 AM
Good question...if he isn't on the BC. Locals may bring it to light tho.

Wise Old Owl
02-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Well, I just went back and re-read the article. Yep, her dad backs that story up , plus why would she go to RC and tell him that he better do something to get that little BOY (so we know its a boy) away from "mom". How could he do that if he wasn't on the BC?

I still wonder if that fight was with a "new dude" shacking up with "mom" and wanting money.

jaimie43
02-19-2009, 01:05 AM
If there is another "baby momma" it would be great if she just came on out and gave some info. She might have good insight that we dont know anything about.

shadow of my mind
02-19-2009, 01:16 AM
The only way to see about a birth is an announcement in the paper. I fas as I know you can not get access to birth record unless you are the mother or the father or a legal with papers from a judge gardian. Dosen't mean someone can't sweat talk the local clerk into gossiping though.
Sometimes church records are good but you would have to know which church and then send for a babtism certificate. The church clerk would be asking for some information from you as to what are the names of the parents since this would not have been more than a year or so ago. Can't play the game of it's my elderly Aunt by marriage daughter's child and I don't know what the babies name would have been but his daddy would be Ron C., I' m just working on my family tree routine.

Maybe someone local would know if an order for support would be public record in Florida.
Where I am it is not.

Wise Old Owl
02-19-2009, 01:35 AM
Me thinks these people don't "do" birth announcements in the local paper. Kinda by word of mouth more likely.

Amster
02-19-2009, 01:40 AM
hmmm....seems Ron likes his "women" young.....bio mom was 14 when she hooked up with him....Misty was 16.

kellync
02-19-2009, 01:42 AM
Me thinks these people don't "do" birth announcements in the local paper. Kinda by word of mouth more likely.
And myspace. :crazy:
Misty's sister has a picture of her having a c section, yes you read correctly, on her myspace---the Doctors are taking the baby out of her stomach, someone snapped a picture and it is on myspace.
Goodnight everyone, I am beat...

NSC
02-19-2009, 01:48 AM
Another place to look is at the hospitals...they have birth announcements usually archived for a year. This does work and I have found things on other cases I have worked. It is a lot of guessing when you don't have the date and you need to deduct with parents first names only with last name initial. I suggest teaming up divide dates and hospitals within a certain radius. I would help but I am laying in bed, should be sleeping but have been lurking on my blackberry!

blubuni99
02-19-2009, 02:01 AM
Even if there aren't birth announcements, sometime they post it in the paper - with permission from the parents. We didn't have a formal, fancy birth announcement and it was still in the paper.

Aries72
02-19-2009, 02:24 AM
If Ron isn't listed on this baby's BC then his name wouldn't be in any kind of announcement

cheko1
02-19-2009, 03:33 AM
He could have alot of kids for all we know....

Leila
02-19-2009, 03:45 AM

I found the article! It's got a lot of information. Here is is:

claudicici
02-19-2009, 04:05 AM
...I wonder if LE is looking into this,maybe that mom was upset because misty said she was not properly caring for her son and it could be a revenge thing ....to steal the baby girl right under misty's nose to show that she's not caring for kids properly either...

pirate
02-19-2009, 07:57 AM
...I wonder if LE is looking into this,maybe that mom was upset because misty said she was not properly caring for her son and it could be a revenge thing ....to steal the baby girl right under misty's nose to show that she's not caring for kids properly either...

Good sleuthing.

I can see a woman being furious that the babysitter she hired and was paying took up with the baby's father and was encouraging him to take custody away from her.

Jersey*Girl
02-19-2009, 08:31 AM

Capri - this is excellent work! Thanks for finding it! Wonder why there's no mention of this other child being in the picture. It sort of bothers me that the other families set up "camp" to remain close to her and be in the search...but there's no mention of this other child's name or even his/her mother's name. Wow! Simply wow!

aprilshowers
02-19-2009, 09:09 AM
hmmm....seems Ron likes his "women" young.....bio mom was 14 when she hooked up with him....Misty was 16.

My husband (whom I am now separated from) also liked his women young.

When he was 21, his first wife was 14 when he met her. Granted, he didn't marry her until she was 18, but he did live with her when she was 16 and he was then 23.

He then proceeded to cheat on her within the year, with hookers, no doubt YOUNG ones, and then their 16 year old babysitter! He then left wife for babysitter, lived with her for 2 years, until babysitter decided to kick him out for an OLDER man. :crazy:

Husband had to stop over the other day, he took one look at Misty and said .. is that his DAUGHTER? I had to laugh :bang:

TxLady2
02-19-2009, 10:17 AM

Which would have made him 16. I assume most 16 yr olds would like their women young.

TxLady2
02-19-2009, 10:19 AM

Now THERE's a thought!! Stranger things have happened, so it just might be a possibility for LE to look into.

Kat
02-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Which would have made him 16. I assume most 16 yr olds would like their women young.

:floorlaugh: Sorry but that made me giggle out loud.

ksgirl78
02-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Mercy, mercy, mercy!

Who knows what to believe out of all this mess!

SeriouslySearching
02-19-2009, 11:04 AM
is there a link to the info on how ron and misty met? i've looked in several threads and can't find anything... thanks : )Sorry. I should have brought it over from the other thread.

AuburnJenn
02-19-2009, 12:16 PM
So there might be another child that Ronald has. Sheesh, guess they don't believe in birth control...

I was wondering the same thing. I can't believe how many of these young 20s girls have multiple kids, and how many 20s guys have multiple kids by multiple women. For instance, there is a "Chelsea" who is apparently Misti's SIL. She has posted on several of these kids' myspace pages. She is proud that she just turned 21 and is pregnant with her third child. Her oldest appears to be 3 or 4 years old. Oh, and she also refers to herself as a "MILF." I don't know how to say this without sounding mean, but none of these folks seem especially well-off. I'd think being a young parent with 3 or more kids would be extremely financially difficult, not to mention exhausting.

Capri
02-19-2009, 01:53 PM
So, my next question would be...why would Ron fight for custody of Jr. and Haleigh, but not of his son by the other mom (esp. if Misty told RC the child was in danger)?

raeann
02-19-2009, 02:14 PM
RC just said he "possibly" has other children besides Haleigh and Jr. during press conference questioning.

saqqara
02-19-2009, 02:28 PM
It is also very possible that Ron does not know if this child is his. Perhaps an old girlfriend claimed but it was never investigated or followed through.

Perhaps she claims Ron is the father but he doubts it or has reason to believe someone else is. That would explain. . it's possible and why he would fight for custody of his children with bio mom and ignore this woman.

Misty would have heard from other woman that Ron was the father she could have contacted him with her concerns and Ron "could" have said "thanks but I don't really believe I am the father of said child. .. but you really seem nice, want to go for coffee".

I know it is easy to cast stones when families aren't clear cut. But really normally people have weird things happent to them, so until we find out more I am not sure it's fair to run around acccusing him of having and abandoing multiple children. He's poor and he's young but he is a father who is support his children and seems to care for them. . .and his life has been turned upside down at the moment.

I have IMMENSE respect for men who step up to the plate. It should be a no-brainer but I am sure each and everyone of you has met a father who does not acknowledge or support his children or take responsibility for birth control even.

I for one am going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this other child.

NSC
02-19-2009, 02:45 PM
OKay, I am on this one. Can someone please find the name of the child - I saw in one thread but It could take FOREVER as it is monotonous work and time consuming. But it has helped in other cases and I have been sucessfull in finding things - Let me know if anyone else wants to help me on this one, if we could break it down and divvy up the work :)

NSC
02-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Would someone who is familiar with the area and towns take a look at this link:

http://florida.hometownlocator.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,2,fid,289388,n,putnam%20memorial%20hospita l.cfm

There are also mobile homes mentioned as well...

NSC
02-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Darn it, the hospital does not have a virtual nursery!!

cajun
02-19-2009, 03:43 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I can't believe how many of these young 20s girls have multiple kids, and how many 20s guys have multiple kids by multiple women. For instance, there is a "Chelsea" who is apparently Misti's SIL. She has posted on several of these kids' myspace pages. She is proud that she just turned 21 and is pregnant with her third child. Her oldest appears to be 3 or 4 years old. Oh, and she also refers to herself as a "MILF." I don't know how to say this without sounding mean, but none of these folks seem especially well-off. I'd think being a young parent with 3 or more kids would be extremely financially difficult, not to mention exhausting.

Not if they are on state aid.

cajun
02-19-2009, 03:45 PM
So, my next question would be...why would Ron fight for custody of Jr. and Haleigh, but not of his son by the other mom (esp. if Misty told RC the child was in danger)?

Maybe he's not sure if he is babydaddy. He had a paternity test done on Jr. Sounds like a Maury Show, don't it? :rolleyes:

scrabble
02-19-2009, 03:50 PM
I found the article! It's got a lot of information. Here is is:

I could not get thru to this link -- is there another way to access same? Thanks.

mermaid55
02-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Arrest made in Haleigh case more info in 10 minutes on headline news.

Brefie
02-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Maybe he's not sure if he is babydaddy. He had a paternity test done on Jr. Sounds like a Maury Show, don't it? :rolleyes:

That's what I took it to mean, but it's open for all kinds of interpretation given his demeanor when answering other questions he seemed to deem irrelevant.

scrabble
02-19-2009, 04:09 PM
I found Haleigh Cummings court documents at Foxnews30.com but when I try to access the documents, my computer freezes up.

MADJGNLAW
02-19-2009, 07:40 PM
I wonder if Crystal Sheffield had the children while Ronald Cummings was working or maybe in jail for his latest offense. 2008-01-08 8 JUDGMENT AND SENTENCE CT Who was watching the children when he was serving time? Also, he just started working the night shift 5 or 6 weeks ago. Even though he has custody, it could be that Crystal watched the kids for him when he didn't have a sitter and that is how Misty met Ron. It could be Ron JR. she is referring to in this statement she gave. That is probably how she got herself into his life, using the child as an excuse. She did state she was worried about the child's well being, and we all know that Crystal did not have custody. She also lied to Ron about her age. So, she could of misconstrued her latest statement.

Croslin said she met Cummings about six months ago when she was baby-sitting for a woman who had a child with Cummings.

2007-12-18 5 ARR ENT PLEA OF NOLO CONTENDERE TO CT I - POSS OF
2007-12-18 5 MODERN FIREARM DURING MUZZELOADING SEASON - CT II -
2007-12-18 5 TRESPASS - NOLLE PROSEQUI - DEFT SWORN, PLEA ACCEPTED
2007-12-18 5 DEFENDANT ADJUDGED GUILTY
2007-12-18 5 $273.00 FINE AND COST SUSPENDED
2007-12-18 5 24 HOURS HOUSE ARREST
2007-12-18 6 WAIVER OF COUNSEL
2007-12-18 7 WRITTEN PLEA OF GUILTY OR NOLO CONTENDERE TO
2007-12-18 7 CRIMINAL CHARGES IN COUNTY COURT
2008-01-08 8 JUDGMENT AND SENTENCE CT I

Mamie
02-19-2009, 07:56 PM
I thought that people were just getting Crystal's age wrong because it said 19, for so long on her myspace. She has corrected it now.

SeriouslySearching
02-19-2009, 10:17 PM
I think it is more than likely that Ron does have another child after what he said earlier today.

I do not believe he had Crystal "watching" the kids for him at any time since the custody issue came up. She has every other weekend visitation by law and he doesn't appear to bend on that point, imo.

ElizaAvalon
02-19-2009, 10:23 PM
I wonder if Crystal Sheffield had the children while Ronald Cummings was working or maybe in jail for his latest offense. 2008-01-08 8 JUDGMENT AND SENTENCE CT Who was watching the children when he was serving time? Also, he just started working the night shift 5 or 6 weeks ago. Even though he has custody, it could be that Crystal watched the kids for him when he didn't have a sitter and that is how Misty met Ron. It could be Ron JR. she is referring to in this statement she gave. That is probably how she got herself into his life, using the child as an excuse. She did state she was worried about the child's well being, and we all know that Crystal did not have custody. She also lied to Ron about her age. So, she could of misconstrued her latest statement.

I think I remember Crystal saying she didn't know Misty at all, just saw her in a car in the past.

I don't think Misty was babysitting for Junior when in Crystal's care.

TGIRecovered
02-20-2009, 04:51 AM
She also lied to Ron about her age. So, she could of misconstrued her latest statement.

The article you quoted states that Ron lied about his age to Misty's father; first claiming to be 19 and later changing his story to 21 when his true age was 24. It says Misty was 16 when this happened. No mention at all of Misty misrepsenting her age in any way.

The law says that even after she turned 17, it was illegal for him to be having sex with her if he was 24 or older. (That means Ron would have had to be 23 or under for it to be legal.)

Now; six months later, Ron has turned 25.

Susan

momtective
02-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Ronnie's other child is Aylyn. I heard his say it in yesterdays presser when a reporter asked about other children.

tfrohning
02-22-2009, 09:13 AM
The other child is really not important at this time. BUt it was good that she had Haleigh
on my space.

scrabble
02-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Didn't know Ronald had other children -- he sure seems to be an angry person with a terrible temper.

CeeKer
02-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Didn't know Ronald had other children -- he sure seems to be an angry person with a terrible temper.

If is is proven that this possible child really is Ron's, that would mean both Ron AND Crystal had three children out of wedlock. Why doesn't anyone have a problem with Crystal's behavior in regards to having children only Ron's???

momtective
02-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Ronnie's other child is Aylyn. I heard his say it in yesterdays presser when a reporter asked about other children.

oops...he must of said Jordan. How in the world did I get Aylyn from that? lol
Jordan it is!

Kat
02-22-2009, 11:05 AM
pinch poke teh I owe you a coke :blowkiss: haha I was copy and pasting as you were posting sorry.

scrabble
02-22-2009, 11:07 AM
I think I would be afraid of Ron with all of his anger and the foul language. Oh well, to each is own.

tehcloser
02-22-2009, 11:08 AM
pinch poke teh I owe you a coke :blowkiss: haha I was copy and pasting as you were posting sorry.

It's worth posting twice.......:blowkiss:

EmMomma
02-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Wow. Just WOW. :confused:
In FL, do you have to establish paternity to get Medicaid, welfare, etc? Some states go after the dad for child support automatically...

EmMomma
02-22-2009, 11:12 AM
I think the comment was from Misty, not Crystal. Right?

Yep.
Classy.

jaimie43
02-22-2009, 11:13 AM

Thats correct. She left two comments on that girls myspace. Both were nasty and spiteful.

tehcloser
02-22-2009, 11:13 AM

Well of course it was....I will be fine once I have about 3 more pots of coffee. Thank You for looking out for me...lol. I fixed it.

kidz110
02-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Well of course it was....I will be fine once I have about 3 more pots of coffee. Thank You for looking out for me...lol. I fixed it.
Actually I can't believe you're up already cuz I know you stayed up to watch GR again. I think you're doing amazingly well for someone with so little sleep. I always enjoy reading your comments. And she does seem to use children as pawns. Very good point.

CeeKer
02-22-2009, 11:18 AM
What this says to me is that Misty isn't this "poor lil'" 16 year old girl that big bad Ron manipulated and intimidated... just sayin'

sha-sha
02-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Scrabble I'm starting to wonder if Misty isn't afraid of RC. I have never been battered but I would think that one wouldn't do anything that could possibly invoke ire in the batterer.

Another point, I don't think Bio-mom is afraid of him either after last night. IMHO she didn't just push the one button she knew that would get a rise out of him (allegations of abusing Haleigh) but she pretty much jumped up and down on it while piggybacking Geraldo.

Yep! She pushed ALL his buttons! I'm glad she did too, maybe that's what it will take to get some kind of progress or a break in the case. And... I always thought his crying was fakety-fake.

EmMomma
02-22-2009, 11:21 AM
She did ALLEGEDLY make comments to R about the child not being taken care of. All of this really drives home the mental capacity and maturity level of M, who seems to have been the primary caregiver for Haleigh and Jr. Sad, sad, sad.

I guess that's a status symbol or something :confused:...to not only "have" someone's baby daddy, but their child, too. My eyeballs are about to roll out of my head. :rolleyes:

Kat
02-22-2009, 11:22 AM
What this says to me is that Misty isn't this "poor lil'" 16 year old girl that big bad Ron manipulated and intimidated... just sayin'

:wink: @ CeeKer. Uh-huh so much for the little girl lost facade huh?

sha-sha
She did ALLEGEDLY make comments to R about the child not being taken care of. All of this really drives home the mental capacity and maturity level of M, who seems to have been the primary caregiver for Haleigh and Jr. Sad, sad, sad.

I guess that's a status symbol or something :confused:...to not only "have" someone's baby daddy, but their child, too. My eyeballs are about to roll out of my head. :rolleyes:

Wonder if she made the same type of comments to Crystal in the past about Haleigh and Jr.?

tehcloser
Actually I can't believe you're up already cuz I know you stayed up to watch GR again. I think you're doing amazingly well for someone with so little sleep. I always enjoy reading your comments. And she does seem to use children as pawns. Very good point.

Thank You! Yes Geraldo made me miss my beauty sleep!!!! And my ZOO does not believe in sleeping late!!!!

I just do not think Misty is a little innocent 17 year old.........

sha-sha
02-22-2009, 11:25 AM
It doesn't look like Amber ever even saw those comments anyway. She set up a myspace and never went back. (I did the same thing about 3 years ago)

sha-sha
02-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Based on the date of the picture, how old would Jordan be now? He was a newborn there, maybe a few weeks old?

tehcloser
02-22-2009, 11:29 AM
It doesn't look like Amber ever even saw those comments anyway. She set up a myspace and never went back. (I did the same thing about 3 years ago)

What Matters is that Misty made the remarks....insightful it is.

jaimie43
02-22-2009, 11:30 AM

I agree and lot of people do that. She may have even started another one thats current that we dont know about..yet. People should be more careful about the comments they leave...unless that account is deleted those words are forever immortalized on the myspace network! Im glad we saw it-I dont have near the empathy I did for Misty at this point.

jaimie43
02-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Based on the date of the picture, how old would Jordan be now? He was a newborn there, maybe a few weeks old?

Im guessing here but not even a year old yet?

sha-sha
02-22-2009, 11:32 AM
I agree and lot of people do that. She may have even started another one thats current that we dont know about..yet. People should be more careful about the comments they leave...unless that account is deleted those words are forever immortalized on the myspace network! Im glad we saw it-I dont have near the empathy I did for Misty at this point.

Yep, really shows Ms. Misty in a whole new light!

tiredofthis
02-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Wonder if she made the same type of comments to Crystal in the past about Haleigh and Jr.?

It would be interesting to find out.

sha-sha
02-22-2009, 11:35 AM
I wonder if there is a way to see other comments she's left on other people's spaces.

EmMomma
02-22-2009, 11:36 AM

It wouldn't surprise me...like, "Ha, ha. I may only be 17 and have no education or anything else, but I can raise your kids better than you".
These poor kids have been used like pawns...so, so sad.

mydailyopinions
02-22-2009, 11:37 AM
I think that Misty created that Myspace page for Amber and either Amber doesn't know about it at all, or just can't change anything due to not knowing the email and password.
I can't see someone leaving that up under that picture. Besides, Misty and Tom are her only friends..

EmMomma
02-22-2009, 11:41 AM
I think that Misty created that Myspace page for Amber and either Amber doesn't know about it at all, or just can't change anything due to not knowing the email and password.
I can't see someone leaving that up under that picture. Besides, Misty and Tom are her only friends..

Good observation.
Wow. M's not the brightest crayon in the box...create a fake MS for someone and add yourself as their only friend? :rolleyes: Hopefully her lack of conniving abilities will be what breaks this case.

sha-sha
02-22-2009, 11:41 AM
It wouldn't surprise me...like, "Ha, ha. I may only be 17 and have no education or anything else, but I can raise your kids better than you".
These poor kids have been used like pawns...so, so sad.

It IS so sad. And IF (big if) Ron's past dealings are at the root of little Haleigh's disappearance, that would be the ultimate example of a child being used as a pawn.

sha-sha
02-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Back on topic... So we're pretty sure Ron has at least one other child, Jordan. Do you all think that's the only one?

EmMomma
02-22-2009, 11:43 AM
It IS so sad. And IF (big if) Ron's past dealings are at the root of little Haleigh's disappearance, that would be the ultimate example of a child being used as a pawn.

You are exactly right.
I can't believe we didn't know about Jordan until now. HOWEVER, I am HOPING that Amber is looking out for Jordan's best interest by staying out of this circus...there ARE young moms who are dilligent and concerned for their child(ren), they just don't make the news. ;)

EmMomma
02-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Back on topic... So we're pretty sure Ron has at least one other child, Jordan. Do you all think that's the only one?

Well, I'm sleuthing now. As posted by someone earlier, there aren't shild support records, except for between R and C for Haleigh and Jr.

If he stated that Jordan was his child, I'd assume that would have been the time to come clean about more kids, but with this group, who knows?!

jaimie43
02-22-2009, 11:46 AM

I dont think so. First of all tons of people create accounts and then never go back so they dont gain friends, hence tom as the only "friend" obviously Misty was not her friend. Secondly that account was created in April of 08 or earlier. We have no suspicions of Misty even knowing of her at that time. The comments were left in Nov. I think Misty met her and started baby-sitting for her sometime between April and Nov, when it all fell apart and Misty actually took Ron from her and left those comments. JMHO!

EmMomma
02-22-2009, 11:48 AM
I dont think so. First of all tons of people create accounts and then never go back so they dont gain friends, hence tom as the only "friend" obviously Misty was not her friend. Secondly that account was created in April of 08 or earlier. We have no suspicions of Misty even knowing of her at that time. The comments were left in Nov. I think Misty met her and started baby-sitting for her sometime between April and Nov, when it all fell apart and Misty actually took Ron from her and left those comments. JMHO!

Wow. You guys are on the ball. I need more coffee so all my cylinders will be firing. :crazy:

jaimie43
02-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Wow. You guys are on the ball. I need more coffee so all my cylinders will be firing. :crazy:

LOL! I watched GR AGAIN and went to bed at 2 am and was back up at 8. All thanks to Juan Valdez and his magical beans (coffee!).

Kat
02-22-2009, 12:01 PM
The date on the picture from Jordan's Mommy says 11 June 2009...I just now saw that, that can't be the proper date setting for the day that picture was taken.

Indiana at Heart
02-22-2009, 12:06 PM
A is the only smart one. She is staying out of it. Also she is keeping her son out of it smart lady. I will only call him baby I will not say his name. Also there maybe no child support cause she knows how RC is and don't want no part of it. Also there must be another child has another name was said in RC presser.

And MC she 17 years old she should of stayed in school cause comments like come from high school girl and all the drama.

CS and her family by saying some of that stuff on GR, and GR making his put this family in danger and A would be smart to stay out of it too! So her son stays safe!

jaimie43
02-22-2009, 12:09 PM
The date on the picture from Jordan's Mommy says 11 June 2009...I just now saw that, that can't be the proper date setting for the day that picture was taken.

Camera setting has to be all wrong....we are just barely into the 09 year!

Kat
02-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Okay I have a question please? I thought that in order to be added to someone's friend list you must make a request to be added and the user receiving the request must acknowledge and allow or decline that person to be added?

If that's accurate then Misty would have had a two day margin to request to be added to A's myspace correct?

She would have been added in April 2008 sometime between the 28th and the 30th? She would have then come back and commented in Nov 2008?

jaimie43
02-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Okay I have a question please? I thought that in order to be added to someone's friend list you must make a request to be added and the user receiving the request must acknowledge and allow or decline that person to be added?

If that's accurate then Misty would have had a two day margin to request to be added to A's myspace correct?

She would have been added in April 2008 sometime between the 28th and the 30th? She would have then come back and commented in Nov 2008? Very possible. Maybe Misty and Amber were acquainted at that time and Misty showed her how to to set up a myspace page.

Kat
02-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Very possible. Maybe Misty and Amber were acquainted at that time and Misty showed her how to to set up a myspace page.

So that would go hand in hand with Misty saying she met RC and started talking to him and they began dating and a month later they were living together. Hmm...that's quick for a 17 yr old doncha think?

ETA: MC wasn't 17 until after she started living with RC. She was 16 when she moved in.

jaimie43
02-22-2009, 12:20 PM
So that would go hand in hand with Misty saying she met RC and started talking to him and they began dating and a month later they were living together. Hmm...that's quick for a 17 yr old doncha think?

ETA: MC wasn't 17 until after she started living with RC. She was 16 when she moved in.

I dont find Misty credible in ANYTHING that she says.

jaimie43
02-22-2009, 12:24 PM

Just because she may have met Amber in April does not mean that she had to have met Ron at that time too. Maybe she met him much later on, like Oct. And no I dont think its out of the realm of possibility that she met Ron and moved in a month later or even sooner.

Kat
02-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Just because she may have met Amber in April does not mean that she had to have met Ron at that time too. Maybe she met him much later on, like Oct. And no I dont think its out of the realm of possibility that she met Ron and moved in a month later or even sooner.

Oh yes I agree Jaimie. I think may have known A before she met RC. I was just saying that MC doesn't seem so sweet, shy and innocent as she did at first because she moved right on into RCs house fairly soon after she met him at such a young age. I haven't formed any opinions about what may or may not have happened to Haleigh yet. Heck, the players in this case are confusing enough to me :)

jaimie43
02-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Oh yes I agree Jaimie. I think may have known A before she met RC. I was just saying that MC doesn't seem so sweet, shy and innocent as she did at first because she moved right on into RCs house fairly soon after she met him at such a young age. I haven't formed any opinions about what may or may not have happened to Haleigh yet. Heck, the players in this case are confusing enough to me :)

ITA! Im thinking I should have started a book of notes early on to keep this hot mess straight!

dunlurken
02-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Who is the "mixed" child in the pictures of Haleigh? Is that Jr?

tiredofthis
02-22-2009, 01:14 PM

I thought that was a bit strange. Maybe Misty did create the Myspace page.
It has been a long time since I was that age, so I can't remember how a seventeen year old's mind works.

Very rude, if she did.

Tom'sGirl
02-22-2009, 01:27 PM
At this point there is no reliable proof of who this young woman is. Taking everything for fact that you find on MySpace pages is NOT always a good thing. We don't want to involve innocent parties unless it has been confirmed.

LFlorida
02-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Wow. Just WOW. :confused:
In FL, do you have to establish paternity to get Medicaid, welfare, etc? Some states go after the dad for child support automatically...

Yes. Every time I go for lab work here in Palatka [in same county as Haleigh's home], the sign in sheet is just FULL of people who have come in for paternity testing.

And if there isn't a match, they make you keep on turning over names.

LFlorida
02-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Even if there aren't birth announcements, sometime they post it in the paper - with permission from the parents. We didn't have a formal, fancy birth announcement and it was still in the paper.

They require you to fill out form AND provide photo ID. [lol - I can just imagine why they implemented that rule.]

EmMomma
02-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Yes. Every time I go for lab work here in Palatka [in same county as Haleigh's home], the sign in sheet is just FULL of people who have come in for paternity testing.

And if there isn't a match, they make you keep on turning over names.

Thanks for answering my question. FWIW, I think that's a good policy.
So...I guess we can assume one of two things:
1) A has never tried to get public assistance.
2) She just hasn't turned R's name over for elimination yet.

IMO, she may just be a smart girl who knows better than to go after anything lest she get involved in the crazy family dynamic the C's seem to have...I've been there. :)

Indiana at Heart
02-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Well if MC is right about watching this baby as she said babysitter then she must be working and don't need any help from the state! Not all young mothers need that kind of help.

Until there is proof that this is RC Child and this is the right momma. I believe you should not post there name. After the GR show last night these family are not safe!!!!!!! Plus they might want to stay out of this mess and I can't blame her!

tiredofthis
02-22-2009, 06:27 PM
At this point there is no reliable proof of who this young woman is. Taking everything for fact that you find on MySpace pages is NOT always a good thing. We don't want to involve innocent parties unless it has been confirmed.

Very true.

LFlorida
02-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Would someone who is familiar with the area and towns take a look at this link:

http://florida.hometownlocator.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,2,fid,289388,n,putnam%20memorial%20hospita l.cfm

There are also mobile homes mentioned as well...

Putnam Memorial Hospital
The one on that map closed when I was a kid. It's now a nursing home. [And it seems like it was Palatka Memorial Hospital; not sure. Run by 7th Day Adventists.]

Babies would be born at Putnam Community Hospital in Palatka, Florida, or Shands [UF Teaching] Hospital in Gainesville for medicaid babies - for my side of county. Not positive about south Putnam medicaid babies. Could be Halifax Hospital in Daytona for them. If they have insurance, then I'd say Flagler Hospital in St. Augustine.

lol - I live on that map for Putnam Memorial, and not too far away.

LFlorida
02-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Well if MC is right about watching this baby as she said babysitter then she must be working and don't need any help from the state! Not all young mothers need that kind of help.

Until there is proof that this is RC Child and this is the right momma. I believe you should not post there name. After the GR show last night these family are not safe!!!!!!! Plus they might want to stay out of this mess and I can't blame her!

Just a thought...

Haven't I heard Teresa Neves say that Ron has only been working nights for a few months? Maybe he's only been WORKING for a few months, too.

Can't get blood out of a turnip.

Aries72
02-22-2009, 07:01 PM
IMO, she may just be a smart girl who knows better than to go after anything lest she get involved in the crazy family dynamic the C's seem to have...I've been there. :)

ITA and here's why...

IF this baby is Ron's and she wanted child support, all she'd have to do is file papers with FL DOR-CSE (Dept of Revenue-Child Support Enforcement). If you go through them, they take care of everything including paternity testing. They even assign a lawyer to your case. It costs you (the person filing) nothing. In my case, we didn't need a paternity test since the father's name was/is listed on the birth certificate AND he never claimed that he wasn't the father. When he ran from the payments, they are the ones who filed the paperwork to suspend his DL and a warrant out for his arrest. I did nothing. I will say that the paperwork they give you to fill out initially is like a book and takes forever to fill out...other than that, it's a very simple process.

EmMomma
02-22-2009, 07:06 PM
ITA and here's why...

IF this baby is Ron's and she wanted child support, all she'd have to do is file papers with FL DOR-CSE (Dept of Revenue-Child Support Enforcement). If you go through them, they take care of everything including paternity testing. They even assign a lawyer to your case. It costs you (the person filing) nothing. In my case, we didn't need a paternity test since the father's name was/is listed on the birth certificate AND he never claimed that he wasn't the father. When he ran from the payments, they are the ones who filed the paperwork to suspend his DL and a warrant out for his arrest. I did nothing. I will say that the paperwork they give you to fill out initially is like a book and takes forever to fill out...other than that, it's a very simple process.

I don't know about paternity, because we didn't have to "go there", but other than that it's that way in SC, too. (that's where I lived when I had my oldest). Once I realized that child support and custody are 2 totally different issues and that her father would never have the motivation to take me to court for joint custody, I filed. She was 3 by the time I got up the nerve. OTOH, if child support=visitation, there's no way I would have asked for a dime. JMO, of course. :)

yanknrebel
02-22-2009, 07:27 PM
The only way to see about a birth is an announcement in the paper. I fas as I know you can not get access to birth record unless you are the mother or the father or a legal with papers from a judge gardian. Dosen't mean someone can't sweat talk the local clerk into gossiping though.
Sometimes church records are good but you would have to know which church and then send for a babtism certificate. The church clerk would be asking for some information from you as to what are the names of the parents since this would not have been more than a year or so ago. Can't play the game of it's my elderly Aunt by marriage daughter's child and I don't know what the babies name would have been but his daddy would be Ron C., I' m just working on my family tree routine.

Maybe someone local would know if an order for support would be public record in Florida.
Where I am it is not.

I would be willing to bet this family has never been in church much lesss having a child baptized.

yanknrebel
02-22-2009, 07:29 PM

I think biomom was 17 when they hooked up or at least when Haleigh was born, not 14. She is now 23 and Haleigh is 5

Aries72
02-22-2009, 07:39 PM
I don't know about paternity, because we didn't have to "go there", but other than that it's that way in SC, too. (that's where I lived when I had my oldest). Once I realized that child support and custody are 2 totally different issues and that her father would never have the motivation to take me to court for joint custody, I filed. She was 3 by the time I got up the nerve. OTOH, if child support=visitation, there's no way I would have asked for a dime. JMO, of course. :)

Same with me. The 'father' even asked the judge about visitation during the CS hearing. Judge said..."this hearing is to determine child support only. Visitation and support are 2 different things. Take HER to court if you want visitation" I knew there was no way that he'd EVER pay a lawyer to take me to court for visitation...he didn't care that much. And here we are 8 years later and he has done NOTHING for visitation...heck, he's never called my child or sent one birthday card during those 8 years.

yanknrebel
02-22-2009, 07:49 PM

Um, these are those "welfare cases" everyone hears about. These young girls have no self esteeem, to start off with. They quit school early, move in with or have a man move in with them, get pregnant and then bilk the welfare system for food stamps, welfare, and anything else they can get. They will most likely be on government issued health insurance. All of which, we the taxpayers are paying for. I live in the south (rural area) and this happens ALL the time. I even have several family members like this (sad to say). I have a cousin who had her first child at 17 , then proceeded to have 3 more all before she was 24. SHe has only ever held down one job, who she claims was responsible for her hurting her back. So she sued them and won not one but 3 settlements from this company. Along with health insurance that they had to provide for 3 years. All this, and this woman has ALWAYS lived on food stamps and welfare payments ALL her life. Now her kids are repeating this cycle. Her youngest was allowed to quit school at age 10. He failed Kindergarten due to her not sending him to school, and then a snother grade. Not to get off on a tangent here, but these families tend to repeat themselves. I am willing to bet these families of Misty, Ron and Crystal all have lived on welfare as well as their parents did and so on. ALso these men like YOUNG girls because they can control them.

It is a sad sad cycle. I also see I was wrong earlier when I thought Crystal was NOt 14 when she and Ron got together. I apologize for saying otherwise.

CeeKer
02-22-2009, 07:53 PM
I would be willing to bet this family has never been in church much lesss having a child baptized.

I'm not sure what family you mean, but the Pastor at the church where the vigil was held mentioned that Haleigh was part of their church (I can't remember the terms he used... ) youth ministry or youth something...

Cat13067
02-22-2009, 07:57 PM
This is starting to make me sick babies having babies. God help us, please.

CeeKer
02-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Um, these are those "welfare cases" everyone hears about. These young girls have no self esteeem, to start off with. They quit school early, move in with or have a man move in with them, get pregnant and then bilk the welfare system for food stamps, welfare, and anything else they can get. They will most likely be on government issued health insurance. All of which, we the taxpayers are paying for. I live in the south (rural area) and this happens ALL the time. I even have several family members like this (sad to say). I have a cousin who had her first child at 17 , then proceeded to have 3 more all before she was 24. SHe has only ever held down one job, who she claims was responsible for her hurting her back. So she sued them and won not one but 3 settlements from this company. Along with health insurance that they had to provide for 3 years. All this, and this woman has ALWAYS lived on food stamps and welfare payments ALL her life. Now her kids are repeating this cycle. Her youngest was allowed to quit school at age 10. He failed Kindergarten due to her not sending him to school, and then a snother grade. Not to get off on a tangent here, but these families tend to repeat themselves. I am willing to bet these families of Misty, Ron and Crystal all have lived on welfare as well as their parents did and so on. ALso these men like YOUNG girls because they can control them.

It is a sad sad cycle. I also see I was wrong earlier when I thought Crystal was NOt 14 when she and Ron got together. I apologize for saying otherwise.

Ron was trying to keep his children out of system you describe above. That's why I am slow to criticism him at this point.

EDITED TO ADD: His mother works at a Sheriff's dept in another county, so I thinK it's unlikely she was on welfare.

yanknrebel
02-22-2009, 08:00 PM
It is also very possible that Ron does not know if this child is his. Perhaps an old girlfriend claimed but it was never investigated or followed through.

Perhaps she claims Ron is the father but he doubts it or has reason to believe someone else is. That would explain. . it's possible and why he would fight for custody of his children with bio mom and ignore this woman.

Misty would have heard from other woman that Ron was the father she could have contacted him with her concerns and Ron "could" have said "thanks but I don't really believe I am the father of said child. .. but you really seem nice, want to go for coffee".

I know it is easy to cast stones when families aren't clear cut. But really normally people have weird things happent to them, so until we find out more I am not sure it's fair to run around acccusing him of having and abandoing multiple children. He's poor and he's young but he is a father who is support his children and seems to care for them. . .and his life has been turned upside down at the moment.

I have IMMENSE respect for men who step up to the plate. It should be a no-brainer but I am sure each and everyone of you has met a father who does not acknowledge or support his children or take responsibility for birth control even.

I for one am going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this other child.

I agree. I do respect men who actually work to help support their children. However I also am infuriated by men who claim one child but not another. This woman (or girl depending on her age) needs to have a paternity test taken. She can have it done through juvenile courts and chances are there will be no cost to her. Or Ron could have this done. Either way they need to know who this child belongs to. I am the mother of 5 children. My oldest child, a son, was conceived a few months after mmy high school graduation. I have gone on to marry and have a wonderful life. However the "bio father" of my son has NEVER acknowedged my child. I have no doubt the paternity of this child. I have spoken to this man many times and he has always accepted this child when speaking face to face with him. However, in my son;s 24 years of life, this man has NEVER once wanted to meet my son. Never. I have never pressured him to and never asked anything from him. I raised this child by myself until I married and then my husband adopted him. However, this man has a wife now and 2 children. While I understand this man is happily married, he STILL has another child that he does not acknowledge. THAT makes me mad. I have even offered to PAY for a paternity test if that is his hang up to porve to him that this is his child. He does not question that, just doesn;t want to meet with this wonderful young man, the child he was the sperm donor for.

Leila
02-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Thats correct. She left two comments on that girls myspace. Both were nasty and spiteful.

Does Amber, the mother of another child of Ron's, have a MySpace page?

sha-sha
02-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Does Amber, the mother of another child of Ron's, have a MySpace page?

oh yeah....

Leila
02-22-2009, 09:42 PM
oh yeah....

Do you have a link...........I'd like to see it. :)

winterrose
02-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Can we pm links if we can't post them?

Leila
02-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Can we pm links if we can't post them?

Winterrose...............I think it's okay to send a link in a PM. I'd be very interested in a link to the MySpace page in question. :)

sha-sha
02-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Do you have a link...........I'd like to see it. :)

Mods took down the link to her myspace because she's an innocent bystander (I agree wholeheartedly) but I think if you try real hard you can find it. The thing is the only comments there are from Misty, and they paint a new picture of Misty. Only 2 comments on the whole thing. (both from mc)

Indiana at Heart
02-22-2009, 10:58 PM
i'm glad mods did that A don't want no part of this.

Leila
02-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Thanks................I'll try to find it. :)

Tom'sGirl
03-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Rumor Thread Haleigh Cummings (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3422593#post3422593)