PDA

View Full Version : 2009.02.20 Family presser~RC's mother & sister interviewed

tehcloser
02-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Per HLN.

LFlorida
02-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Sheriff's deputies, crime lab, et al were spotted heading south en masse to the area this morning by locals before 9:30 a.m. today.

ksgirl78
02-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Really? Another family presser...I wonder if Misty will be at this one and if she will put out a public plea for Haleigh?

tehcloser
02-20-2009, 01:52 PM
I can't find on line links...but sometimes they slam them up at the last minute....

Wise Old Owl
02-20-2009, 01:52 PM
anyone have a link?

mydailyopinions
02-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Sheriff's deputies, crime lab, et al were spotted heading south en masse to the area this morning by locals before 9:30 a.m. today.

Crime lab uh? That doesn't sound good to me..
:eek:

tehcloser
02-20-2009, 01:55 PM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/default.aspx
They have been having the live pressers,don't see anything yet.

Thanks winter, maybe they will have it.

mydailyopinions
02-20-2009, 01:57 PM
I wonder if LE will hold a presser today as well..?

cleo612

Maybe I need more coffee...

Could you clarify please what you mean by "south en masse to the area..."?

What area?

jnTexas
Wftv as an article about a new ground search today

http://www.wftv.com/news/18759621/detail.html

is this the same area as the crime lab? anybody know?

cleo612
02-20-2009, 01:58 PM
HLN just reported that they will be airing the family presser live.

LFlorida
02-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Looks like HeadLine News may cover it live on broadcast.

WFTV seems to have the most/best info to date. [Not available on Putnam County cable, btw.]

cleo612
02-20-2009, 02:01 PM
I wonder if the new tip (and this new search effort) has to do with the buzzards that were reported by the media yesterday to the Sheriff during his afternoon presser.

The Sheriff said that he had not heard anything about it.

tiredofthis
02-20-2009, 02:02 PM
HLN just reported that they will be airing the family presser live.

Thanks. It is on now.

LFlorida
02-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Ummm.... okay, did I say I was from Putnam County? Please disregard that statement. [Cristal: " he may be pedo-fire".]

pirate
Presser is all about Misty's cousin and how he came to be in the house.

Ron's mom and sister.

Paintr
I wonder if the new tip (and this new search effort) has to do with the buzzards that were reported by the media yesterday to the Sheriff during his afternoon presser.

The Sheriff said that he had not heard anything about it.

Buzzards!!!:eek:Gulp!

tehcloser
Misty would have known what he was, he did not need to carry a sigh..........

pirate
Ummm.... okay, did I say I was from Putnam County? Please disregard that statement. [Cristal: " he may be pedo-fire".]

LOL- I'm not far L- and I know what you mean.

Ron is not in the presser.

tiredofthis

I thought I misunderstood her! :)

pirate
02-20-2009, 02:04 PM
70 deputies searching woods behind Cummings house.

tehcloser
02-20-2009, 02:04 PM
I get that she's angry. But really.

tehcloser
02-20-2009, 02:05 PM
200 yards behind house?

Adrienne37
02-20-2009, 02:05 PM
I really like Teresa. She is up front and very honest and handles the media very well. Ron's sister - well, not so sure about her. She could just be a bit on the nervous side.

pirate
02-20-2009, 02:06 PM
I really like Teresa. She is up front and very honest and handles the media very well. Ron's sister - well, not so sure about her. She could just be a bit on the nervous side.

I agree. I like both grandmothers.

tehcloser
Maybe Ron is inside because he is really worried about the search going on?

mydailyopinions
200 yards behind house?

Something must be up!

catch_22
02-20-2009, 02:07 PM
i wonder if ron's sister is single?

PinkyPoo

Teresa is the only one that comes across as 100% real.

jnTexas
Oh I feel bad for the Grandma. IMO the Dad and GF are invovled. I hope for grandma's sake my gut is wrong.

pirate
I think I just heard them say that the search is based on a tip called in last night?

tehcloser
I guess they would not let Ron search with them today?

tehcloser
02-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Misty has a home...hmmm, Misty and Ron not together anymore??

Indigo
200 yards behind house?

You heard it too. I wasn't sure I heard it right.

not_my_kids
Misty is at home at the moment.

pirate
That was not the bio mom. It was Ron's sister who is also named Crystal.

COUSINS NAME IS JOE according to News 13

not_my_kids
02-20-2009, 02:09 PM
SCuse me retracted, that's not mom, it's the aunt. I need more coffee.

LFlorida
Maybe I need more coffee...

Could you clarify please what you mean by "south en masse to the area..."?

What area?

Satsuma, Florida, in the southern part of Putnam County. [From Sheriff's Office HQ, go south on US 17.] A whole bunch, all together.

Regular S.O. staffing usually has only one or two patrol units covering that area of the county on a shift. [yes, used to date a cop.]

Still, no one is mentioning it on the televised news. Odd.

tehcloser
THAT WAS NOT BIO MOM!!!!!! lol That was Ron's sister.

winterrose
And if he took her to other cousins in Florida,they're around Daytona,she could be with anyone and they could be trying to figure out a way to get her dropped off,that would be the good scenario.
This would be why the scraped up knuckles at first interview in yard.I'll bet there was a fight and had everything to do with this.Misty is at home and her blanket is in abandoned van of maybe Joe's?IMO Maybe who she took off with for the three days a big fight and he came over after RC went to work.

PinkyPoo
nevermind....

radio
SCuse me retracted, that's not mom, it's the aunt. I need more coffee.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

winterrose
I'll bet Misty knows everything,why wash blankets and have staged door w/brick.Good Lord,my cousins are in Tenn and NC,a million places to hide a child,maybe they got her out of area,because she could ID Joe?And another lie,now Joe was at trailer?No wonder Ronald is in tent,probably furious and Misty is with family.

jaimie43
02-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Thats not Crystal? Who is that? Sorry was on the phone while news was on...

not_my_kids
For the record, James Joseph Lane, convicted sex offender that lived in Haleigh's home before she did, has used the alias Joey Lane.

CeeKer
Misty would have known what he was, he did not need to carry a sigh..........

This is not an attempt to "excuse" Misty for allowing this guy in the home, but the only reason I can come up with that would "explain" it is... She said she was "13 and he messed with her" maybe in her troubled mind, like a lot of abused people, she thought somehow it was her fault he "messed with her". Then when all this happened she thought of him in different terms (ie SO)?? I don't know, just playing devil's advocate, not sure what I think.

tehcloser
The search is interesting. And Ron and Misty at seperate locations...I sense a problem.

jaimie43
02-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Shes the Aunt....Rons sister....not bio mom.

Thanks for the clarification :blowkiss:

Nedthan Johns
That was not the bio mom. It was Ron's sister who is also named Crystal.

COUSINS NAME IS JOE according to News 13

Can someone confirm is the MySpace limk to "Joe" is the right guy? He looks 100% hispanic to me. Couldn't be her cousin IMO

tiredofthis
This is not an attempt to "excuse" Misty for allowing this guy in the home, but the only reason I can come up with that would "explain" it is... She said she was "13 and he messed with her" maybe in her troubled mind, like a lot of abused people, she thought somehow it was her fault he "messed with her". Then when all this happened she thought of him in different terms (ie SO)?? I don't know, just playing devil's advocate, not sure what I think.

I can see that happening.

tehcloser
And by the way LFlorida....good tip on the search!!!!! TY!

kellync
I Iz confuzd.
Ok, so this Joe cousin has been interviewed..I feel better about that, they know where he is
Ron is having a bad day, no one to search with him. God that ripped my heart out

Salem
02-20-2009, 02:12 PM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/default.aspx
They have been having the live pressers,don't see anything yet.

Thank you winterrose.

And to Haliegh's Grandma - I send super hugs. She breaks my heart everytime I see her. May the Lord be with her and with Haliegh and may Haliegh come home soon.

Salem

tehcloser
02-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Has CSI been going on all the searches??????? I don't think they have!

winterrose
02-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Kayla to her brother Joe on myspace.

!!~Kayla~!!
May 18 2008 7:57 PM

hey bro brandon had to go to the doctor tonight

radio
Misty not with Cummings Camp.

NEVES:
MY son would never allow anyone around his
children who might harm them!!!!

Nedthan Johns
http://www.news4jax.com/index.html
They have it up coming.

The story provided above states "No information was provided about what let investigators to the area, but authorities are discounting reports of a reported sighting of Haleigh at a Carrabba's restaurant near Knoxville, Tenn. A woman reported that a man was attempting to shield the girl's face."

Hmmm they discounted this. I was feeling good about this lead and now they are researching the woods behind the home.

But they did seize a vehicle, so that means the cousin is not ruled out yet.

mydailyopinions
The search is interesting. And Ron and Misty at seperate locations...I sense a problem.

I do too! I wonder when she left? Maybe when she found out that so many officers were searching in the woods this morning behind the home? Makes sense to me why she wouldn't want to be there.
Teh, I think we are on the same track here!

pirate
02-20-2009, 02:15 PM

I don't disagree- Misty screams victim- she was assaulted when she was 13 by an older guy who is now in prison for that.

Victimized by a cousin at some point.

17 years old dating a 25 year old man that is clearly a hot head.

I really don't think she has the gumption to stand up to her cousin.

CeeKer
02-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I Iz confuzd.
Ok, so this Joe cousin has been interviewed..I feel better about that, they know where he is
Ron is having a bad day, no one to search with him. God that ripped my heart out

Somehow I missed that... :(

catch_22
02-20-2009, 02:16 PM
the gma was explaining why SHE didn't know the guy was a creep. i thought she made a great point. when someone you trust brings someone to your house.......you have to trust their judgement and assume they wouldn't bring some creep in.

maybe misty wouldn't say anything because she wouldn't want to bring bad attention to her family and thought that her cousin wouldn't do anything bad. we don't even know if this cousin was actually at ron's or if he was just "around" and staying with other members of misty's family.

winterrose
Thank you winterrose.

And to Haliegh's Grandma - I send super hugs. She breaks my heart everytime I see her. May the Lord be with her and with Haliegh and may Haliegh come home soon.

Salem
__________________________________________-
I love her,this is so sad,I wish I could hug her.If Haleigh is brought home,she needs to raise those kids w/Ronald.Ditch the girlfriends,find a decent woman and go to anger management classes.

kellync
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=438615018
This is a joe overstreet, hasnt logged in since December, from Antioch Tenn. One of his friends is friends with mistys other cousin brandon.

tehcloser
Misty not with Cummings Camp.

MY son would never allow anyone around his
children who might harm them!!!!

Yeah, I caught that. I am trying to understand that she is just standing up for her son. But I admit it's hard.

SeriouslySearching
02-20-2009, 02:17 PM
So what was the presser about?! You guys sidetracked me!

momtective
02-20-2009, 02:18 PM
I Iz confuzd.

Huh? When?:eek:

radio
Yeah, I caught that. I am trying to understand that she is just standing up for her son. But I admit it's hard.

Yeah.

And Neves would not discuss Jr. knowing anything.
She knew - but couldn't discuss.

kellync
and he is clearly (sort of) pointing a gun at you in his picture.

winterrose
Well,remember in NGrace interview a number of nights ago,Grandma said she had a relative go check on kids,so she felt they needed to be checked up on and probably has been defending Misty to keep her talking to find where Haleigh is at.RC having a bad day and Misty being with family is allllll telling.

kellync
02-20-2009, 02:19 PM
I would have sworn LE said that they have interviewed this cousin, if I am mistaken, I need to go back to sleuthing 101. I could have sworn yesterday they said they had spoken to him.

Pollywog
02-20-2009, 02:20 PM
I do not think the dad is involved with her missing, but not so sure about the girlfriend.

winterrose
and he is clearly (sort of) pointing a gun at you in his picture.

MeoW333
Can someone confirm is the MySpace limk to "Joe" is the right guy? He looks 100% hispanic to me. Couldn't be her cousin IMO
You really can't tell; he could be mixed, a white boy with a tan, etc. Just because someone may look hispanic they may not be and if someone looks white they may be hispanic.

bp531
02-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Did anyone else catch that she avoided the question about Jr. being interviewed? She said I cant answer that because well I just cant answer that. It seemed to me like LE might have gotten something from Jr. that they dont want anyone to know.

KOOL LOOK
Now I'm getting a different feel about this case. This pressor actually was very informative with the slight few words spoken.

I have a few as my POI's. This cousin thing, his departing Florida the morning of Haleigh reported missed, has a rap sheet that points to him being a criminal, though I don't know all the charges. Have we got him pulled up yet? Says he's 19. Probably alot of his juvenile activities will be hidden under those age laws. I wish Matt Lauer would have asked Misty his criminal background as she knows it. Darn it. I don't care for ole Matt, it's his ego nose.

I'm on the fence, and gonna start a thread for just that. This case changes my thoughts back and forth. Well now it's definately proven Misty is oozing slowly more and more info to LE through these interviews drip drip drip. hmmmm

Nedthan Johns
http://www.news4jax.com/news/18759634/detail.html

From this site:

Hardy said Loucakis was interviewed two hours after Haleigh was reported missing early the morning of Feb. 10. Deputies searched his home and checked his GPS monitoring bracelet, which showed he had not left his "home zone" during the time Haleigh disappeared

Loucakis as scary as he looks is OFF my list.

Hardy also confirmed Thursday that detectives received unconfirmed sightings of Haleigh in Tennessee and they have questioned a Tennessee relative of Misty Croslin -- the girlfriend of Haleigh's father who was the last person to see the 5-year-old.

Hmmm they discounted the story of Haleigh at Carabba’s but other tips have come in.

mydailyopinions
02-20-2009, 02:22 PM
I wonder about the circumstances surrounding the cousin and Misty's accusations against him. I wonder if he did in fact molest her, or if she was willing and they were caught?
Honestly, I do not see her allowing him in that house if she felt like she was in danger at all. It has not been that long ago that she would forget the sense of danger with him.
I can see her letting him in if it was willingness and the two of them got caught..
Something about that story is way off too! Way off!
What if this is who was in the house, Haleigh caught them together? They did something with her, and he left?

LFlorida
02-20-2009, 02:22 PM

re: new ground search.

Nedthan Johns
02-20-2009, 02:23 PM
You really can't tell; he could be mixed, a white boy with a tan, etc. Just because someone may look hispanic they may not be and if someone looks white they may be hispanic.

IF he is her cousin he is not blood related. I lived too many years in Calif. to tell the difference between 1/2 Hispanic and a full blooded one.

raeann
02-20-2009, 02:23 PM
I was thinking Ron's absence may have something to do with the fact that Geraldo said on FOX this morning that his show later (don't know time) will deal with "shocking new facts about Haleigh's father, Ron Cummings" ....could be the typical Nancy Grace type fake teaser, but then again maybe not.

winterrose
02-20-2009, 02:24 PM
________________-
I've searched the myspace links with the cousins and pics and on the Overstreet side there is hispanic cousins.Actually Brandons brothers look part hispanic,more than him.Look at Brandon's pics.And Kristy is Kayla's sister,which they are the two myspace friends of Joe.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=149499351
Kristy's
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=149499351
Kayla's and Kristy and Joe are next to one another on her friends list.There are pics of her and Kristy saying this is my sister.

catch_22
02-20-2009, 02:24 PM
is ron having a bad day because all of the searchers showing up and heading out to the woods and he knows the gig is up? i hope not.

if he and misty are in this together, i could see her striking a deal with LE if she was mainly just a witness and a scared/forced accomplice.

tehcloser
02-20-2009, 02:26 PM
is ron having a bad day because all of the searchers showed up and headed out to the woods and he knows the gig is up? i hope not.

if he and misty are in this together, i could see her striking a deal with LE if she was mainly just a witness and a scared/forced accomplice.

*Hanging my head to admit this....but I thought that as well.

ksgirl78
When Teresa said she didn't know how to answer/not going to answer the question regarding JR being questioned...I sensed she knew but was advised not to elaborate or talk about it with the media.

My jaw dropped when she said Misty was at HOME! Then said, no ma'am she is not here...she is at HOME! Well, well, well...seems to me as if the actual family of Haleigh are starting to doubt her. I thought her HOME was with Ron??? Why has that changed?

I am not doubting that Misty has a cousin who may have 'messed' with her when she was younger, but I find it really odd that all of a sudden NOW we start hearing so much about him and his ways, so to speak!

blubuni99
I Iz confuzd.

bolded by me.
me too! I thought "I'd search with him!!!" SO sad.

What do they mean 'no one' to search with him? Like, LE won't let him search today? Why can't he just go search by himself? Or with volunteers?

kellync
Brandon Overstreet looks to be hispanic or indian also, could be from the other side of the family. I am dark skinned dark hair dark eyes and a few of my cousins are blonde as blonde can be. So is my teenage daughter...go figure

Nedthan Johns
02-20-2009, 02:27 PM

re: new ground search.

This video states the FBI is interviewing the cousin. The tip to the woods was by him. The response is huge, and they would not call out that type of search if this was not a crediable tip. A confession perhaps?

It's the cousin

Nedthan Johns
02-20-2009, 02:29 PM
________________-
I've searched the myspace links with the cousins and pics and on the Overstreet side there is hispanic cousins.Actually Brandons brothers look part hispanic,more than him.Look at Brandon's pics.And Kristy is Kayla's sister,which they are the two myspace friends of Joe.

Good to know. Are we pretty sure this is the right Myspace Joe?

mydailyopinions
Misty not being there raises flags to me. She was with detectives for hours yesterday. What if, she told them something and they advised her to go to her families either last night or this morning before they went in to do a search?

ksgirl78
IF he is her cousin he is not blood related. I lived too many years in Calif. to tell the difference between 1/2 Hispanic and a full blooded one.

I'm going to have to disagree...;)

My step father is 1/4 hispanic and he looks 100% hispanic! Looks like he walked right out of Mexico into the states!!! His whole family looks totally different...it is funny how that happens!

tehcloser
This video states the FBI is interviewing the cousin. The tip to the woods was by him. The response is huge, and they would not call out that type of search if this was not a crediable tip. A confession perhaps?

It's the cousin

Ned,,,, we do not KNOW the tip to the woods was from cousin. Don't let anything grow feet here!!!!! :blowkiss:

MeoW333
02-20-2009, 02:30 PM

That don't mean a thing. Let me guess you are white.

MrBosox78
02-20-2009, 02:32 PM
is ron having a bad day because all of the searchers showing up and heading out to the woods and he knows the gig is up? i hope not.

Speculating, but they also may not him to search with LE as the tip may be solid and they don't want him to stumple upon her remains(I really hate saying or assuming that!!!!!!) or be around if a body is found. He would explode!

ckwood32
So we don't know the tip was from the cousin? I have a really bad feeling about this. I really hope this sweet little girl is ok.

Nedthan Johns
Ned,,,, we do not KNOW the tip to the woods was from cousin. Don't let anything grow feet here!!!!! :blowkiss:

No that's JMO. The FBI is interviewing the cousin and all of a sudden we have hundreds of heavy duty LE searching the woods again.

1+1

mydailyopinions
02-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Speculating, but they also may not him to search with LE as the tip may be solid and they don't want him to stumple upon her remains(I really hate saying or assuming that!!!!!!) or be around if a body is found. He would explode!

Which is why Misty isn't there. Either she spilled the beans, or the cousin spilled the beans.

winterrose
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=438615018
This is a joe overstreet, hasnt logged in since December, from Antioch Tenn. One of his friends is friends with mistys other cousin brandon.

amandab

Makes sense.

kellync
Both Joes are the same person, this one last logged in 12/08, the other one May 08, so it seems he has either 2 profiles, or I have spiked my coffee too strongly

DotsEyes
02-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Let's see. 70 deputies are searching the wooded area 200 yards behind the Cummings house? And the crime lab is on the scene? And they are working a tip from last night?

Neither Ron nor Misty were at the press conference. Was bio-mom there?

mydailyopinions
02-20-2009, 02:35 PM
No that's JMO. The FBI is interviewing the cousin and all of a sudden we have hundreds of heavy duty LE searching the woods again.

1+1

Don't forget though Ned, the girlfriend was questioned for hours yesterday, and she is not there today..
She could have possibly been the one to tell.
It is very suspicious why she is gone from Ron today, in light of searchers coming back out. If she were innocent of all wrong doing, then she would be with him right now knowing they are out searching those woods. JMHO

SeriouslySearching
02-20-2009, 02:35 PM

It's the cousinI listened carefully and the tip was never said to be from the cousin!! Where did you get that? It wasn't in the printed version either.

shadow2112
02-20-2009, 02:36 PM
She is not my child but I am really feeling the emotional stress from all this, wouldn't it be nice to have one of those reporters on the scene with a direct link so we could have real time updates? I pray this is a false lead. I am praying hard today.

jaimie43
02-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Both Joes are the same person, this one last logged in 12/08, the other one May 08, so it seems he has either 2 profiles, or I have spiked my coffee too strongly

Did u see the guy on his myspace holding a pistol?!

Nedthan Johns
Which is why Misty isn't there. Either she spilled the beans, or the cousin spilled the beans.

seriously if she spilled any beans she would be in custody right now.

I just don't understand the lynch mob against this child.

kikid

1+1

they also interviewed Misty again, and the SO they arrested - could be related to any of those three. My gut says it has to do with Misty though, but you never know......

blubuni99
02-20-2009, 02:38 PM
I was thinking Ron's absence may have something to do with the fact that Geraldo said on FOX this morning that his show later (don't know time) will deal with "shocking new facts about Haleigh's father, Ron Cummings" ....could be the typical Nancy Grace type fake teaser, but then again maybe not.

bolded by me
What?!?:eek: I just think that until LE arrests him for something, RC is still a VICTIM and he doesn't need to be prosecuted in the media. His daughter is missing. Friggin' Geraldo needs to just stop that mess. It's distracting from the real problem - that is HALEIGH is still missing. Whether or not Ronald Cummings stole something/did drugs/something else illegal a few years ago - or hell even 11 days ago - doesn't matter unless it is directly involved in why Haleigh is missing. She's missing. He, to me, is obviously very messed up about it. That is so sad for all of them and Geraldo needs to just back off - at least until he is arrested or accused of something by LE.
:rant:
Of course, thats just MOO.

SeriouslySearching

1+1They also have the SO they arrested, too. There are many places this tip could have come from into LE. It didn't neccessarily come from someone being interrogated.

Nedthan Johns

Good find. He doesn't look as Hispanic in this photo either.

winterrose

Feb 3 2009 1:41 AM

when u gne make mi shirt
♥H!S FuTuRe MrS.♥
Feb 2 2009 1:34 PM
I've lived in Florida 2 years ago though... Didn't really care for it myself, I'm a TN girl for sure. Are you going to take lil' man & the baby mama with you... How is Aunt Marilyn & the kids? Haven't talked to them in forever. Your baby mama is halarious, telling you not to talk to the hoes & stuff. You only have 1 kid right? Yeah i been living here for 3 months now, way to long. Do you still live at home? What is your sister's e-mail so i can add her... You look cold in your default pic... LOL... What in the hell did you get locked up for anyways... I was reading your comments, some of them cracked me up

Seahorseladydi
Let's see. 70 deputies are searching the wooded area 200 yards behind the Cummings house? And the crime lab is on the scene? And they are working a tip from last night?

Neither Ron nor Misty were at the press conference. Was bio-mom there?

This made my stomach turn over...... the "crime lab" is there.. takes me back to when they swooped down on Ward Weavers home.... GAWD.... please don't let this be true.....

I also want to say the grandma is amazing... such strength! God Bless her!

I think it is a bit hinky that Misti was being re interviewed for FIVE hours? that is a LONG time.... sounds more like they were trying to break her down.... just my opinion ;)

Wise Old Owl
02-20-2009, 02:39 PM
I didn't read all the articles about the search - did it say anywhere that the crime scene/lab was at the search area - or is that just rumor? If it did - which media, what article?

ym523
02-20-2009, 02:39 PM

he doesn't look hispanic in this profile picture.

jaimie43
02-20-2009, 02:40 PM

And the guy hloding the pistol...Joe is his cousin too! In one of his pic comments he mentions he "just got out"...PRISON?

Truthwillsetufree
I think Seriously Searching said something like this yesterday (or the day before, I can't remember)...I'm not even sure what to pray for right now or for who. That is exactly the way I feel watching these men and women going into the woods to search.

Nedthan Johns
This made my stomach turn over...... the "crime lab" is there.. takes me back to when they swooped down on Ward Weavers home.... GAWD.... please don't let this be true.....

I also want to say the grandma is amazing... such strength! God Bless her!

I think it is a bit hinky that Misti was being re interviewed for FIVE hours? that is a LONG time.... sounds more like they were trying to break her down.... just my opinion ;)

This lead is a viable confession. I say it's the cousin. He is still with FBI, Misty is not.

mydailyopinions
02-20-2009, 02:41 PM

Bad people come in all shapes, sizes, colors, educated, non educated, 17 years old right down to 12 year olds..
I'd rather point the finger now, and apologize for being wrong, than not point the finger and be right.
She was the last person knowingly with this child. I was 17 years old caring for a 3 and 1 year old daily just like she does. Sorry, but her changing stories doesn't sit well with me. She certainly is old enough to be on her own, she is old enough to keep her stories straight, and it has nothing to do with youth. IMHO

winterrose
02-20-2009, 02:41 PM
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=65380013&albumId=1568153
Pics on Brandon's myspace,the friend of cousin Joe,I hope to God,Haleigh wasn't taken by them,they're gang people.

Good Lord,this Brandon friend could be the one who had haleigh in Knoxville,he's from Tennessee.

kellync
02-20-2009, 02:42 PM
You guys know we're hijacking the press conference thread when we should be in the couisin thread right? anyone want to come over and join me there? I have cold drinks..

momtective
02-20-2009, 02:42 PM

I'm going to have to disagree...;)

My step father is 1/4 hispanic and he looks 100% hispanic! Looks like he walked right out of Mexico into the states!!! His whole family looks totally different...it is funny how that happens!

That don't mean a thing. Let me guess you are white.

I am white, I have 12 children, 5 are African American, 3 are Caucasian, and 4 are bi-racial (black & white). My bi-racial children are often mistaken for hispanic, pi$$es my 19y/o off so bad. So my brother and sisters children, my childrens cousin's have cousin's of different races. It's way more common than you think and if you're going by Joe's hair cut with the nice edge...that's a black thang, not necessarily a Hispanic thing.
Personally I think he and Brandon both look like Misty.

Roy23
02-20-2009, 02:43 PM

Gotta agree with you here. This case is breaking as we speak. 1+1

blubuni99
02-20-2009, 02:43 PM
I agree about the grandma - it's so sweet how much she loves Haleigh and sad because she calls Haleigh HER baby girl. "My baby girl..." is what she says. She's said it more than once. Every time she says it, my heart breaks for her.

Nedthan Johns
02-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Bad people come in all shapes, sizes, colors, educated, non educated, 17 years old right down to 12 year olds..
I'd rather point the finger now, and apologize for being wrong, than not point the finger and be right.
She was the last person knowingly with this child. I was 17 years old caring for a 3 and 1 year old daily just like she does. Sorry, but her changing stories doesn't sit well with me. She certainly is old enough to be on her own, she is old enough to keep her stories straight, and it has nothing to do with youth. IMHO

There is absoultely NO motive for Misty to have taken or murdered Haleigh. The cousin has motive and has a criminal history. Misty has NEVER contradicted her stories, the media gave conflicting reports.

Roy23
02-20-2009, 02:44 PM
This lead is a viable confession. I say it's the cousin. He is still with FBI, Misty is not.

Bullseye.

Indigo
02-20-2009, 02:45 PM

Ned, to be fair, Misty has given many, many inconsistent statements. She's been polygraphed three times. LE has never given any indication she's been cleared. It's natural for this to raise concern.

Skully
02-20-2009, 02:45 PM
did anyone catch the comment about JR? Reporter asked GrandM if he said anything and she said I can't say beca....Not at this time, something to that effect.

kellync
02-20-2009, 02:46 PM
You guys know we're hijacking the press conference thread when we should be in the couisin thread right? anyone want to come over and join me there? I have cold drinks..
Nevermind, I like it here better

Simply Caustic

WHOA. That is a real gun imo, and am I blind or is he missing a finger? And what is with the gang layout? God am I happy my kid is only 3, no myspace yet, lol, because it is gettin ridiculous.

I would like to report some of these people but I am holding my tongue. Er...fingers. :crazy:

Nedthan Johns
Be right over :toast:

~Lisa~
02-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Did anyone else catch that she avoided the question about Jr. being interviewed? She said I cant answer that because well I just cant answer that. It seemed to me like LE might have gotten something from Jr. that they dont want anyone to know.

Yes! Now, I really want to know what he told them.

kellync
I am white, I have 12 children, 5 are African American, 3 are Caucasian, and 4 are bi-racial (black & white). My bi-racial children are often mistaken for hispanic, pi$$es my 19y/o off so bad. So my brother and sisters children, my childrens cousin's have cousin's of different races. It's way more common than you think and if you're going by Joe's hair cut with the nice edge...that's a black thang, not necessarily a Hispanic thing.
Personally I think he and Brandon both look like Misty.
DAYUM!! you go girl!!!!

Roy23
Ned, to be fair, Misty has given many, many inconsistent statements. She's been polygraphed three times. LE has never given any indication she's been cleared. It's natural for this to raise concern.

Has LE stated that she has given inconsistant statement? I think the media and some here still have Casey Anthony on their mind too much.

catch_22
Witnesses report that a man with the girl shielded her face. They are said to have left in a red Toyota Rav4 with a Florida license plate.

He is the guy and i believe this tip is valid this news conference is going to verify that I believe

It's the cousin

so the cousin took haleigh to tennessee, and then back to florida and left her in the woods near ron's house?

Nedthan Johns
WHOA. That is a real gun imo, and am I blind or is he missing a finger? And what is with the gang layout? God am I happy my kid is only 3, no myspace yet, lol, because it is gettin ridiculous.

I would like to report some of these people but I am holding my tongue. Er...fingers. :crazy:

He has his first finger and thumb around the top portion of the gun immulating ah um sex. No missing finger

mydailyopinions
02-20-2009, 02:48 PM
There is absoultely NO motive for Misty to have taken or murdered Haleigh. The cousin has motive and has a criminal history. Misty has NEVER contradicted her stories, the media gave conflicting reports.
Nedthan, with all due respect, if you go through the 911 calls, and Misty's interviews where she herself was speaking you can see the contradiction in her stories. I am not speaking of the media because I know some of their stories have not been correct, I am going strictly by the words coming out of Misty's own mouth.
How do you know that Misty doesn't have a motive? They do not speak of the dynamics in that home?

waltzingmatilda
And if he took her to other cousins in Florida,they're around Daytona,she could be with anyone and they could be trying to figure out a way to get her dropped off,that would be the good scenario.
This would be why the scraped up knuckles at first interview in yard.I'll bet there was a fight and had everything to do with this.Misty is at home and her blanket is in abandoned van of maybe Joe's?IMO Maybe who she took off with for the three days a big fight and he came over after RC went to work.

I agree with you that someone visited that evening while RC was at work. Misty has been adamant in stating over and over that she did not leave the house that evening. I think Haleigh woke up and discovered this. this scenario provides motive but is MOO:) I wish reporters would press her on this possible scenario tho.

kellync
I am Italian, and people ask me once a week "what are you?" cracks me up. My teenaged daughter is as blonde and blue eyed as you can get, people often assume we are friends, or I am the caregiver. When I had her, friends I hadnt seen in a while said they didnt know I adopted...huumph

Truthwillsetufree
02-20-2009, 02:49 PM
I agree about the grandma - it's so sweet how much she loves Haleigh and sad because she calls Haleigh HER baby girl. "My baby girl..." is what she says. She's said it more than once. Every time she says it, my heart breaks for her.

Yep, She prolly doesn't even call her Haleigh, she prolly just calls her "Baby Girl".

Nedthan Johns
so they cousin took haleigh to tennessee, and then back to florida and left her in the woods near ron's house?

Yeah, now I am thinking he didn't take her with him but disposed of her in the woods. Guess the Tennessee tips weren't true. He left the morning Haleigh disappeared. I wonder where he was staying that evening if not at Misty's? She said he left a couple days prior.

Tom'sGirl
This thread is about the Family Presser!

If you want to discuss the cousin do it in the right thread here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80075
or your post will be deleted.

Thanks!

Skully
Yes! Now, I really want to know what he told them.

She almost said "it would interfere with the investigation". JMO

SeriouslySearching
02-20-2009, 02:50 PM
I think Seriously Searching said something like this yesterday (or the day before, I can't remember)...I'm not even sure what to pray for right now or for who.Sadly, it is true in many cases for me after what we have seen here. I have learned to always include mercy for our victims no matter what the outcome turns out to be. (sigh)

mydailyopinions
02-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Has LE stated that she has given inconsistant statement? I think the media and some here still have Casey Anthony on their mind too much.

Go back through the media threads and watch all the videos with Misty speaking. Not anyone else, just Misty.
This has nothing to do with Casey, this is words that come straight from the horses mouth..

Nedthan Johns
02-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Nedthan, with all due respect, if you go through the 911 calls, and Misty's interviews where she herself was speaking you can see the contradiction in her stories. I am not speaking of the media because I know some of their stories have not been correct, I am going strictly by the words coming out of Misty's own mouth.
How do you know that Misty doesn't have a motive? They do not speak of the dynamics in that home?

I've seen all Misty's interviews. You are confusing a young, naieve scared child, who mixed up her stories but IMO never gave conflicting statements.

The media as always gets their stories wrong because they are always rushing to get the story out first.

NO known motive here MDO. This is a young innocent child who probably will feel guilty the rest of her life for letting her known felon cousin visit.

DotsEyes
02-20-2009, 02:52 PM
BTW - looking at the aerial shots of the house/neighborhood, 200 yards behind the house would be on another street. The woods aren't 600 feet deep behind the house. They must be talking about the area to the left of the house, through the woods. On the way to the pond/outbuilding?

Nedthan Johns
02-20-2009, 02:52 PM
This thread is about the Family Presser!

If you want to discuss the cousin do it in the right thread here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80075
or your post will be deleted.

Thanks!

Thanks I agree. When is the presser happening, or did I miss it with all my blabing?

mydailyopinions
02-20-2009, 02:53 PM
I've seen all Misty's interviews. You are confusing a young, naieve scared child, who mixed up her stories but IMO never gave conflicting statements.

The media as always gets their stories wrong because they are always rushing to get the story out first.

NO known motive here MDO. This is a young innocent child who probably will feel guilty the rest of her life for letting her known felon cousin visit.

I can agree to disagree..:blowkiss:

Simply Caustic
02-20-2009, 02:54 PM
IMO Misty being at 'home' is definitely telling. She was living with Ron, now she is home? Hmmmmm.

raeann
02-20-2009, 02:57 PM

Actually, I have only heard a few of her direct on camera interviews, and I have heard her change her story several times from one to the other. Some of what people say is changing her story is just adding new information, but she has had quite a few inconsistencies from one interview to another. Now, as far as what she has said to police, we don't have anything except the 911 call. But, LE has stated that her stories have been inconsisitent, too.

Busylady
02-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Wouldn't TES have searched the woods that close to the home?

Truthwillsetufree
02-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Sadly, it is true in many cases for me after what we have seen here. I have learned to always include mercy for our victims no matter what the outcome turns out to be. (sigh)

I do know one thing the Grandmothers are breaking my heart, simply standing so strong for their families. So far they have held themselves with grace and I admire that.

On another note, on the quote above, had to edit it as I forgot to put the rest of my post...which was, That was how I was feeling watching the searchers go into the woods.

Roy23
02-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Go back through the media threads and watch all the videos with Misty speaking. Not anyone else, just Misty.
This has nothing to do with Casey, this is words that come straight from the horses mouth..

Okay, I really am just asking you. I have not seen anything significant that points to her. But I will watch again. I have seen the media slant coverage, blowing things out of proportion. At least in my opinion.

tehcloser
02-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Wouldn't TES have searched the woods that close to the home?

I was wondering......:waitasec:

amandab
02-20-2009, 03:03 PM
A thread has been started about the ground search:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80105

passionflower
02-20-2009, 03:03 PM
FOXNEWS (live desk)just said more info next? but under HALEIGH's pix it says 3pm EST.........
just to let all know if you want to watch.........
right now everything is on HLN........and Matt Lauerer

mydailyopinions
02-20-2009, 03:06 PM
I was wondering......:waitasec:

I may have misunderstood, but I thought that LE gave TES the map of the area's they directly wanted them to search?
Not sure how that all works, but I am sure TES would have to follow LE's direction right?

~Lisa~
02-20-2009, 03:07 PM
I think it's weird the Grandmother doesn't know anything about Misty's cousin. If it were my child... I'd be talking to Misty pumping her for all the info. I could get!

It's almost like no one involved knows anything I'm always hearing " I don't know" from the whole family even bio Mom.

JMO

catch_22
02-20-2009, 03:07 PM
maybe ron is having a bad day because he is starting to question misty's story/stories.

tehcloser
02-20-2009, 03:09 PM
I may have misunderstood, but I thought that LE gave TES the map of the area's they directly wanted them to search?
Not sure how that all works, but I am sure TES would have to follow LE's direction right?

Oh, I'm sure they did. I was just kinda shocked that LE had not made an area that close a priority. But of course...not knowing what they knew when, it's easy for me to sit here and say I would have....lol

cheko1
02-20-2009, 03:09 PM

I am wondering if Misty may be being held at jail....they may of said she had gone home!

colomom
02-20-2009, 03:14 PM
A thread has been started about the ground search:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80105

?????

Not working, can't find link
:waitasec:

Seahorseladydi
BTW - looking at the aerial shots of the house/neighborhood, 200 yards behind the house would be on another street. The woods aren't 600 feet deep behind the house. They must be talking about the area to the left of the house, through the woods. On the way to the pond/outbuilding?

I read this.......

There were more than 70 searchers, some with walking sticks. Eyewitness News was the only TV news crew in the woods when the search began.

"We're going to move to the north, which will be to our right all the way down this road, double arms length apart. The go signal is going to be 'move,'" the search leader announced.

The group met briefly Friday morning and then lined up on a dirt road.

*Snipped from here.... http://www.wftv.com/news/18759621/detail.html *

sorry to still be off topic... will move to the ground search thread....

THANKS!

Jholi
I wonder about the circumstances surrounding the cousin and Misty's accusations against him. I wonder if he did in fact molest her, or if she was willing and they were caught?
Honestly, I do not see her allowing him in that house if she felt like she was in danger at all. It has not been that long ago that she would forget the sense of danger with him.
I can see her letting him in if it was willingness and the two of them got caught..
Something about that story is way off too! Way off!
What if this is who was in the house, Haleigh caught them together? They did something with her, and he left?

I understand why one would expect that, but going by my own experience, it doesn't surprise me. :( When the perp is family, I'll just say there are a few dynamics that lead the victim to at least act, if not completely believe, that he isn't as dangerous as she has experienced him to be.

SeriouslySearching
Wouldn't TES have searched the woods that close to the home?I would say someone did, but not certain about which group. They must have very specific information to call in so many agencies. This appears like they know something will likely be there, imo.

ETA: Here is the thread that was already started regarding the new search.:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80085

amandab
02-20-2009, 03:18 PM
?????

Not working, can't find link
:waitasec:

There already was a thread for the ground search, so it got deleted. Sorry. :(

colomom
02-20-2009, 03:20 PM
There already was a thread for the ground search, so it got deleted. Sorry. :(

Not a problem amandab :blowkiss:

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post!

Seahorseladydi
02-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Ground Search thread......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80107

mydailyopinions
02-20-2009, 03:21 PM
I haven't found a link from the presser. Has it been released yet?
TIA

passionflower
02-20-2009, 03:26 PM
TIA

FOXNEWS.com just said BRAND NEW BRIEFING at 3pm EST??????
I'm not link savy, sorry...........I'm just watching on TV.

colomom
02-20-2009, 03:27 PM
TIA

Link here: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131827&catid=3
to a video that may have been the presser mentioned in the thread title.

I am confused with the times....

Kat
02-20-2009, 03:32 PM
I just read every post from page one to now. Uh, I can't make heads or tails of what you all are talking about sorry.

mydailyopinions
02-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Link here: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131827&catid=3

Thank you!

babycat
02-20-2009, 03:39 PM

Orrrrr...maybe he's having a bad day because the girlfriend he trusted with his children put them in harm's way, and he defended her publicly and believed her, and now he finds out that she let them around a predator, who could have taken his daughter.

That also makes for a pretty bad day.

Manny
02-20-2009, 03:40 PM
LOL- I'm not far L- and I know what you mean.

Ron is not in the presser.

let's see would an active pedofile be a pedofiler or a pedofier?

ksgirl78
02-20-2009, 03:41 PM

Bolded by me...;)

I just clicked to check and see, started the video but then clicked out, but yes it is the presser from the thread title, not sure if it is the whole thing though, but I'm sure it would be!

LovingTheChaos
02-20-2009, 03:42 PM
I do know one thing the Grandmothers are breaking my heart, simply standing so strong for their families. So far they have held themselves with grace and I admire that.

On another note, on the quote above, had to edit it as I forgot to put the rest of my post...which was, That was how I was feeling watching the searchers go into the woods.

I have to say - I like Ron's mom. She is someone I would like to sit & have coffee with in better times. My heart is breaking for her more than just about anyone else in this saga. She just strikes me as 'good people'. As for her son, the jury is still out so to speak (although I don't think he has anything to do with his daughter's disappearance).

tehcloser
02-20-2009, 03:43 PM
I just read every post from page one to now. Uh, I can't make heads or tails of what you all are talking about sorry.

That's because no one can stay on topic.....:crazy:

kellync
02-20-2009, 03:44 PM
you need help...:blowkiss:

sc2714
02-20-2009, 03:45 PM
I have to say - I like Ron's mom. She is someone I would like to sit & have coffee with in better times. My heart is breaking for her more than just about anyone else in this saga. She just strikes me as 'good people'.

ITA. After the other case, I have been pleasantly surprised with how she is handling this.

colomom
02-20-2009, 03:45 PM

I like to think of them as "prisoners".

SeriouslySearching
02-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Off Topic: A Pedophile engages in Pedophilia. and should not share the air we breathe.

On Topic: I feel sorry for the grandmother, too. It is heartbreaking to watch and she does show a great deal of strength. She appears to be the rock of the entire family on both sides, imo. (Exactly how I would expect someone to respond...open, honest, and begging for the return of her granddaughter. No lawyers there!)

bp531
02-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Does anyone know if a LE presser is scheduled?

colomom
02-20-2009, 03:53 PM

I have seen people mention 3PM (guessing that's EST) for another and that is the normal time LE has been holding their conferences.
....I think....

ksgirl78
02-20-2009, 03:53 PM

I believe it is at 3pm...;)

SeriouslySearching
02-20-2009, 03:57 PM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=111540&catid=17 <<Live presser coverage

Tom'sGirl
02-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Unknown, but if so it should be discussed on a different thread and not combined with this interview.

Kat
02-20-2009, 04:00 PM
HLN just announced over the air that the FBI is questioning someone the family knows.

I don't know more that's what was said.

passionflower
02-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Watching CNN-HLN fox sherrif getting ready for the briefing.
FOX NEWS STUDIO B also covering.

bp531
02-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks everyone. I was thinking 3pm also, but cant seem to find anything. I am starting to wonder why I even watch these pressers, LE does not seem to want to give us anything new.

passionflower
02-20-2009, 04:01 PM
$20,000 reward now.
Very little news.
SO not involved but searching any way
another search South, on a lead
Nothing new

passionflower
02-20-2009, 04:03 PM
All relatives have been interviewed.....won't comment.
10 days missing now.
Domenick Pape FBI special agent on case.
LE will not embarass any relatives.

passionflower
02-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Information will leak, following as many leads as possible.
No information given out that will jeprodise the case.
Even US Marshalls searching and helping.

passionflower
02-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Asking public to call crime stoppers with any info.

passionflower
02-20-2009, 04:09 PM
FBI talking to gf cousin.
LE/FBI giving OUT NO INFO !!!!

aprilshowers
02-20-2009, 04:25 PM
I missed it, but doesn't look like I missed much. Geesh .... come on ... let's FIND this little angel!!!

MeoW333
02-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Link to family presser again:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131827&catid=3

I feel really bad for Ron's family. Misty let a pedophile inside their home and none of them knew he was a pedophile except Misty. Now they have to wonder if he came back and took Haleigh. No wonder Misty's not at the camp.
I wonder if this cousin story is true or Misty is making excuses..

txsvicki
02-20-2009, 05:32 PM
FBI talking to gf cousin.
LE/FBI giving OUT NO INFO !!!!

So did they find this cousin and verify that he is Misty's cousin who molested her?

catch_22
02-20-2009, 05:37 PM
So did they find this cousin and verify that he is Misty's cousin who molested her?

it sounds like they talked to him. i doubt he would admit to molesting her (if it's even true) and i know LE wouldn't tell us if he had.......

SeriouslySearching
02-20-2009, 05:46 PM
From family presser:

As for the new details, family members said Haleigh has two brown birth marks: the larger one is on her left cheek bone and a smaller on is on the right side of her face, just above the jaw. Also, she has strawberry blond hair with hints of red in it, not just blond hair. Family members said her fingers and toes are chubbier than those of other children her size and age, and her left eye is a "lazy eye."

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090220/ARTICLES/902200908/1002?Title=Family-seeks-to-keep-Haleigh-in-front-of-the-public

Kimster
12-17-2009, 01:49 AM
There are some comments in this thread that I've not seen mentioned lately. Due to my belief in "going back to the beginning" for clues, I thought I'd bump this one up also.

Whisperer
12-17-2009, 05:57 AM
What stands out to me is it was reported that TN said she sent a family member over to check on the kids.

It has now evolved to my mother took some laundry over to the MH

YellowSubmarine
12-17-2009, 11:15 AM
TN also stated in one interview - on CNN or FoxNews - that she picked up Haleigh from the bus stop that day while MC and RC claimed he had. I don't think it matters a whole lot, since i'm sure it's been proven whether Haleigh was at school that day - but it doesn't help their credibility.

debs
12-17-2009, 11:33 AM
TN also stated in one interview - on CNN or FoxNews - that she picked up Haleigh from the bus stop that day while MC and RC claimed he had. I don't think it matters a whole lot, since i'm sure it's been proven whether Haleigh was at school that day - but it doesn't help their credibility.

TN never said that; it is a misstatement in the transcripts. Watching the video, she is clearly stating her son picked up Haleigh.

Flossie JMO
12-17-2009, 12:42 PM
No she actually didn't say that. It was Nancy Grace and the transcript was wrong, she said Ron picked HaLeigh up.

Kimster
12-17-2009, 12:47 PM
What stands out to me is it was reported that TN said she sent a family member over to check on the kids.

It has now evolved to my mother took some laundry over to the MH

This post sparked my desire to start a new thread. Whisperer, if you have the two links handy to add to these statements, would you mind posting this in the new thread?

Information that has "changed" (for reference) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

LFlorida
12-18-2009, 08:10 PM
200 yards behind house?

teh [or anybody] - any idea what the reference to 200 yds behind the house was regarding?

Isn't that also what the scrubs lady's "gifted" boss mentioned?

Whisperer
12-19-2009, 01:34 AM
Just saw your post,

....I'll give it my best Kimster. I am with broken headphones, have to track down my speakers....

tehcloser
12-19-2009, 10:22 AM
teh [or anybody] - any idea what the reference to 200 yds behind the house was regarding?

Isn't that also what the scrubs lady's "gifted" boss mentioned?

Florida, there were 70 searchers searching about 200 yards behind the mobile home on the day this thread was started.......I was remarking on how close they were to the home.