PDA

View Full Version : Bio Mom & her family

Pages : [1] 2

pirate
02-23-2009, 09:59 AM
I see alot of criticism lobbed at this family. But try to put yourself in their shoes.

Crystal is Haleigh's mother, Marie is her grandmother. According to interviews last week, they have been locked out of receiving even the most basic information on the investigation into Haleigh's disappearance.

I recall them being asked if they knew anything about where Haleigh was sleeping, when she had dinner, etc. And their answers were basically that they heard in the media......... they seemed to have no more information than the public did.

I feel that some walls were erected- and even though we saw Ron and Crystal standing side by side at a vigil last week, I don't feel that the paternal family is being candid with the maternal family.

The mother and her family have every right to know each and every detail of what led to Haleigh's disappearance.

LE was clearly not concerned with them since over a week went by before they were polygraphed. Instead they seemed to focus on Misty- which makes perfect sense since she was the last person to see Haleigh.

I don't know who is responsible for shutting the Sheffields out of knowing the minute details but they certainly deserve that knowledge.

In my opinion, their decision to go on the GR show was an act of desperation- and I would have done the same thing if I were being shut out of receiving information pertaining to my daughter's disappearance.

I hope LE listens and shares some details with the family.

jaimie43
02-23-2009, 10:04 AM
I see alot of criticism lobbed at this family. But try to put yourself in their shoes.

Crystal is Haleigh's mother, Marie is her grandmother. According to interviews last week, they have been locked out of receiving even the most basic information on the investigation into Haleigh's disappearance.

I recall them being asked if they knew anything about where Haleigh was sleeping, when she had dinner, etc. And their answers were basically that they heard in the media......... they seemed to have no more information than the public did.

I feel that some walls were erected- and even though we saw Ron and Crystal standing side by side at a vigil last week, I don't feel that the paternal family is being candid with the maternal family.

The mother and her family have every right to know each and every detail of what led to Haleigh's disappearance.

LE was clearly not concerned with them since over a week went by before they were polygraphed. Instead they seemed to focus on Misty- which makes perfect sense since she was the last person to see Haleigh.

I don't know who is responsible for shutting the Sheffields out of knowing the minute details but they certainly deserve that knowledge.

In my opinion, their decision to go on the GR show was an act of desperation- and I would have done the same thing if I were being shut out of receiving information pertaining to my daughter's disappearance.

ITA! I also think that before this happened Ron and his family had been trying their best to alienate Crystal and her family from these kids.

winterrose
02-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Are Crystals' family staying at the crimescene because they don't want to look bad that RC and his family are?Haleigh will not be walking up to the trailer,but to Sheriff's Dept.It seems that Crystal's Mom speaks for her and is the head of everything concerning them.Now after the GR stunt,which she looked so proud of herself,with no regard for Haleigh's safety if RC is an informant,the public there is surrounding themselves around Crystal's family,was this Marie's objective?

winterrose
02-23-2009, 10:13 AM
I read in paper last night Marie's coworkers came to support Crystal's family,bringing food and came to the vigil Marie is director to.Marie said,this is all about Haleigh all the attention needs to go to finding her,well then why did she stage that show on GR's?Marie said there are people selling tshirts with Haleigh's name on them and we don't know who they are.Is she worried she's not getting anything off of the sales?Is she out to be center stage of all of this and using this for the custody battle,does Crystal even want the custody or is her mother pushing her on what to say and do?When asked what drugs Crystal saw RC take,she had to think and her Mom and Dad were telling her in the GR show.Is Marie jealous of RC's Mom?

pirate
02-23-2009, 10:15 AM
I would imagine the objective was to make someone listen to them- they are being treated as outcasts in some ways.

Crystal was not the custodial parent- but she did have a parental relationship with Haleigh- she saw her every two weeks and she is her mother. She is entitled to every bit of information pertaining to Haleigh that is out there.

A decent co-parent (Ron) would have sat down with Crystal and told her everything that he knew- from what Haleigh ate for dinner to the movies she watched on tv to the pajamas she was wearing to where she fell asleep.

That clearly never happened- and I believe this is typical of the intimidating/abusive pattern that exists in the relationship between Ron and Crystal.

pirate
02-23-2009, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=winterrose;3359339]Is Marie jealous of RC's Mom?[QUOTE]

I think she is sick and tired of being treated as less than an equal to the other grandmother- and tired of her daughter- Haleigh's mother- being treated as secondary with regard to receiving information.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Griffis says she isn't discouraged that there have been no new developments in the last few days. And she plans to continue on with the vigils every night, for as long as it takes. "We all feel like Haleigh's okay, I guess you could say it's mom's intuition and because she's my maternal grandchild, my close connection with her, I know she's okay. In the pit of my stomach I know she's find, I just don't know where she's at."

Article:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...1963&catid=295 (Bolded by me)

winterrose
02-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Even TN said LE wasn't telling them anything,but being RC had the custody and him and Crystal were never married,ofcourse it would be him LE went to first.BTW,I am not defending RC or taking his side,by any means,do not care for him,but Crystal's Mom's motivation in destroying any unity the family had in raising JR,bringing him through this,has greatly disturbed me.This is about Haleigh and that weekend stunt was to draw attention and sympathy to Crystal,this is not about her or the custody,I am sickened by this.

lolype29
02-23-2009, 10:21 AM

Respectfully, I disagree with them going on GR as an act of desperation (if that's what it was) They made this "desperation" national, it really didn't need to go that far. There are other ways to seek information than to go on national television and throw stones at someone else. Who cares what Ron has done in the past, she obviously did the same things... (she admitted to it) It does take two to fight (I don't care who you are) so was going on GR really justified? I, like others think it was an attempted ploy to get custody.

I also don't think the other side of the family (Rons) will stoop to their level with a "come back" but I guess time will tell.

winterrose
02-23-2009, 10:23 AM
You know how I feel,Marie is another CA playing mother instead of Grandma.Crystal was doing a good job,starting to get her confidence in speaking to media.Marie needs to step back and let Crystal be the Mom and speak for herself.I don't feel Crystal wanted to do the GR show,but was pushed into it.Crystal and Chad should step up and take center stage instead of Marie,they will be the ones raising JR.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Is there a reason to have two threads on Bio mom here?

lolype29
02-23-2009, 10:26 AM
You know how I feel,Marie is another CA playing mother instead of Grandma.Crystal was doing a good job,starting to get her confidence in speaking to media.Marie needs to step back and let Crystal be the Mom and speak for herself.I don't feel Crystal wanted to do the GR show,but was pushed into it.Crystal and Chad should step up and take center stage instead of Marie,they will be the ones raising JR.

Why do you think they will be the ones raising JR? Do you think she will regain custody now?

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 10:29 AM
You know how I feel,Marie is another CA playing mother instead of Grandma.Crystal was doing a good job,starting to get her confidence in speaking to media.Marie needs to step back and let Crystal be the Mom and speak for herself.I don't feel Crystal wanted to do the GR show,but was pushed into it.Crystal and Chad should step up and take center stage instead of Marie,they will be the ones raising JR.I don't think Chad and Crystal will be raising Rj. No one has been charged with any wrong doing and Ronald still has custody. Even if Misty is charged...this will not affect custody. They don't take parental rights away in cases where a child goes missing unless they can prove the parent was involved. If that were the case, the Smarts and others would have had their other children removed from the homes for not turning on their alarms!

winterrose
02-23-2009, 10:29 AM
But the vigils were also starting to be done together,a family together,now later when JR sees all of this,how is he going to feel?He doesn't need both sides,going blah,blah,blah against each other.I think the GR stunt pretty much destroyed that and I don't think either one should get Jr.Surely between the whole bunch there is a stable mediary that would be able to raise JR.

winterrose
02-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Why do you think they will be the ones raising JR? Do you think she will regain custody now?

I don't know,but I hope the whole bunch are counseled for a long time.It is possible RC will be up on charges,because of being with Misty,and they could very well get custody.I believe Judge would look at thier abilty to have him,compared to RC's Mom. I like TN and RC's sister Crystal.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 10:35 AM
I think she is sick and tired of being treated as less than an equal to the other grandmother- and tired of her daughter- Haleigh's mother- being treated as secondary with regard to receiving information.She needs to get over herself and make this about Haleigh. The police aren't telling either side anything, imo. There is no secondary issue other than air time. It looks like they want their 15 minutes, imo.

winterrose
02-23-2009, 10:37 AM
She needs to get over herself and make this about Haleigh. The police aren't telling either side anything, imo. There is no secondary issue other than air time. It looks like they want their 15 minutes, imo.

Yep,and if there's any selling of anything,that money should be put away for Haleigh's and Jr's education,hopefully.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 10:38 AM
I don't know,but I hope the whole bunch are counseled for a long time.It is possible RC will be up on charges,because of being with Misty,and they could very well get custody.I believe Judge would look at thier abilty to have him,compared to RC's Mom. I like TN and RC's sister Crystal.I don't believe charges will be leveled at Ronald over being with Misty at all.

winterrose
02-23-2009, 10:41 AM
I don't believe charges will be leveled at Ronald over being with Misty at all.

Maybe not,but it would be better for him to go live with his Mom with the kids.And definitely get that anger management class going.Whew!

pirate
02-23-2009, 10:44 AM
I don't believe charges will be leveled at Ronald over being with Misty at all.

It's already in the works.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by pirate

I hope LE listens and shares some details with the family.They are being "locked out" by LE because they are all SUSPECTS. LE is not going to discuss the case openly with them nor should they expect it! If LE is giving Ronald more details, it is because they feel he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 10:45 AM
It's already in the works.Do you have proof? I don't believe it. LE isn't worried about the situation with Misty when they are looking for a missing child.

If you are going by what JB said on Geraldo last night, well...consider the source!!

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Maybe not,but it would be better for him to go live with his Mom with the kids.And definitely get that anger management class going.Whew!Anger management?! We have only seen one outburst from Ronald during the 911 call to my knowledge! LE is going to take into account the situation there. He was petrified and upset.

He was providing a decent roof over their heads, food on the table, and the rest of it. I don't see the need to move in with his mother.

lolype29
02-23-2009, 10:50 AM

I read somewhere that the statutes were anyone over 25 with anyone younger than 17 ...

Wouldn't that mean anyone OVER 25? Ron is 25

And

Wouldn't that mean anyone YOUNGER than 17? Misty is 17

To each his own, in my personal opinion there shouldn't be an age limit on love, I mean obviously they want to be together and they are both old enough to know what they want. I mean unless Misty is scared to move on or something (which doesn't seem like the case) Who can proove they have had sex?

pirate
02-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Do you have proof? I don't believe it. LE isn't worried about the situation with Misty when they are looking for a missing child.

If you are going by what JB said on Geraldo last night, well...consider the source!!

I have a relative who works for the SA's office in that area. A complaint has been submitted and they are investigating. He will be charged with a second degree felony.

That is why Misty is off the property and why TN played things off the other day by stating that Misty has "her own home."

pirate
02-23-2009, 10:51 AM
I read somewhere that the statutes were anyone over 25 with anyone younger than 17 ...

And

To each his own, in my personal opinion there shouldn't be an age limit on love, I mean obviously they want to be together and they are both old enough to know what they want. I mean unless Misty is scared to move on or something (which doesn't seem like the case) Who can proove they have had sex?

It's over 24.

And Misty was 16 and Ron was 25 when the relationship started.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 10:52 AM
If LE went after every couple who were on the fringe of that age group who are dating or married, they would have to lock up a lot of people, imo. Not going to happen. (It shouldn't happen in this case either.)

This is about Crystal and her family. I think LE needs to dig deeper into motives here. They have motive so what about opportunity to take Haleigh?

lolype29
02-23-2009, 10:53 AM
I have a relative who works for the SA's office in that area. A complaint has been submitted and they are investigating. He will be charged with a second degree felony.

That is why Misty is off the property and why TN played things off the other day by stating that Misty has "her own home."

I read where they had been seperated due to the investigation, which is normal in some instances... it keeps their stories seperated...

Respectfully, if you have a friend in the SA's office there, they shouldn't be telling you these things, and if they have you shouldn't tell others until it is public infomation JMO

lolype29
02-23-2009, 10:54 AM
If LE went after every couple who were on the fringe of that age group who are dating or married, they would have to lock up a lot of people, imo. Not going to happen. (It shouldn't happen in this case either.)

This is about Crystal and her family. I think LE needs to dig deeper into motives here. They have motive so what about opportunity to take Haleigh?

I agree!! Where is their alabi? :waitasec:

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 10:55 AM

That is why Misty is off the property and why TN played things off the other day by stating that Misty has "her own home."Ridiculous!! Truly disgusting that at such a time when Haleigh is missing for anyone to have submitted such a complaint. They must have an ulterior motive to do such a thing!! GRRRR! :furious:

winterrose
02-23-2009, 10:56 AM

Thank you Pirate,I was wondering why she wasn't there anymore.

winterrose
02-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Ridiculous!! Truly disgusting that at such a time when Haleigh is missing for anyone to have submitted such a complaint. They must have an ulterior motive to do such a thing!! GRRRR! :furious:

It's probably because people are angry at Misty and feel she's to blame.And doesn't want her watching Jr after this.

tehcloser
02-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Thank you Pirate,I was wondering why she wasn't there anymore.

I kinda figured that was why Misty went home......thanks Pirate.

winterrose
02-23-2009, 10:59 AM
I love inside information,a sleuthers dream.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 11:00 AM
It's probably because people are angry at Misty and feel she's to blame.And doesn't want her watching Jr after this.If this "complaint" goes back to Bio mom and family, I hope Ronald goes after her family legally for everything they have said and done recently.

Tichad3
02-23-2009, 11:04 AM
I feel sorry that Crystal has a missing child.

But that in NO WAY excuses the behavior of her and her mother. They are trying to turn this unfortunate time in their lives into a Jerry Springer episode. It's inexcusable.

Kudos to Ron and his family for not "hitting" back. I believe he wants the safe return of his child. I also believe that Crystal and company want something else more than that.

samsmom02
02-23-2009, 11:07 AM

After their Geraldo episode, I dont think it will get them closer to receiving firsthand information. Very sad for them to do this at this time.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 11:10 AM
I feel sorry that Crystal has a missing child.

But that in NO WAY excuses the behavior of her and her mother. They are trying to turn this unfortunate time in their lives into a Jerry Springer episode. It's inexcusable.

Kudos to Ron and his family for not "hitting" back. I believe he wants the safe return of his child. I also believe that Crystal and company want something else more than that.It is obvious to me that their need for revenge over custody is an issue which should be looked into carefully by LE. I call it MOTIVE.

LaLaw2000
02-23-2009, 11:10 AM
GR's stunt this weekend did so much harm between the families and nothing at all toward helping to find Haleigh. GR caused what is most likely a permanent division between the two families.

When I look at the situation, I see a small 5 year old innocent child in the midst of people who have no regard for the law. I was stunned to see the maternal grandmother's and grandfather's past criminal charges. Seems as if both sides of Haleigh's family have had charges. If I were a judge in this child custody case, I would (even with only what I know now) not let either side have custody of Haleigh or Ronald, Jr.. Crystal and Ronald played games in the custody battle over the children.

On her MySpace page, Crystal was all about her new baby. Haleigh and Ronald Jr. were 'the brats', according to her, and probably had to stand in line for attention from Crystal after the new baby. Of course I do not know this for a fact, but I am suspicious of it because of her words on MySpace.

I am 100% for Haleigh and it seems that she is going to get lost in the fray.

blubuni99
02-23-2009, 11:11 AM
After their Geraldo episode, I dont think it will get them closer to receiving firsthand information. Very sad for them to do this at this time.

I agree. This, IMO, is actually a good reason for LE NOT to inform Bio Mom & Fam of anything. Whose to say they won't go on GR again, giving away info?

LaLaw2000
02-23-2009, 11:12 AM

And

This is off topic for this thread, IMO. I want to see the law enforced in all areas.

samsmom02
02-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Something just isn't quit right with Crystal and her family. She never seems to be distraught. I have not heard her begging for her daughter's return or any messages to Haleigh from her. Yes she is the biological mother, but it doesn't sit well with me that she lost custody and has done nothing the 2 years or so to get her children back. She just seemed to move on and make a new family. Crystal needs to do more to help find her daughter, and less mud slinging at the father and his side of the family. Is she only there to appear concerned? IDK.

RoseRed
02-23-2009, 11:14 AM
It's over 24.

And Misty was 16 and Ron was 25 when the relationship started.

This is a poor example of being thy brothers keeper and in very poor taste to press the issue at this time. It makes the accusers look extremely petty. The issue should be Haleigh not her father who seems more interested in locating her than her maternal relatives.

Tichad3
02-23-2009, 11:14 AM
It is obvious to me that their need for revenge over custody is an issue which should be looked into carefully by LE. I call it MOTIVE.

I call it YOUR RIGHT.:clap: They have been acting highly suspicious to me...more so than Misty's info changes, which can happen in a panicked situation.

And to LaLaw...GREAT POST.:blowkiss:

3dogmom
02-23-2009, 11:15 AM
I think she is sick and tired of being treated as less than an equal to the other grandmother- and tired of her daughter- Haleigh's mother- being treated as secondary with regard to receiving information.

How do we know the maternal side of the family is getting less info from LE than the paternal side?

RoseRed
02-23-2009, 11:17 AM
This is off topic for this thread, IMO. I want to see the law enforced in all areas.

Why is this decision not left up to Misty's parents in my opinion it is not for unknown people on a message board to decide.

tiredofthis
02-23-2009, 11:18 AM

Thanks for the info.

I can't believe someone would file a complaint right now. If any complaints are filed it should be after Haleigh is found.

I wonder if the person filing the complaint has an alterior motive.

Kat
02-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Griffis says she isn't discouraged that there have been no new developments in the last few days. And she plans to continue on with the vigils every night, for as long as it takes. "We all feel like Haleigh's okay, I guess you could say it's mom's intuition and because she's my maternal grandchild, my close connection with her, I know she's okay. In the pit of my stomach I know she's find, I just don't know where she's at."

Article:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...1963&catid=295 (Bolded by me)

SS I'm glad you posted that link. I read that article last night but had forgotten to bookmark it because I wanted to come back and reread it before I posted about maternal Gma's comment.

I'm probably just having a knee jerk reaction to that statement (something very simular was said in another case by the Mother of the child in that instance). But for some reason my hmmm factor starting humming. I'm not sure why though, like I said it could just be a knee-jerk.

tiredofthis
02-23-2009, 11:20 AM
It is obvious to me that their need for revenge over custody is an issue which should be looked into carefully by LE. I call it MOTIVE.

Sorry. I didn't mean to post the same thing. I read your post after I posted. :)

RoseRed
02-23-2009, 11:20 AM
SS I'm glad you posted that link. I read that article last night but had forgotten to bookmark it because I wanted to come back and reread it before I posted about maternal Gma's comment.

I'm probably just having a knee jerk reaction to that statement (something very simular was said in another case by the Mother of the child in that instance). But for some reason my hmmm factor starting humming. I'm not sure why though, like I said it could just be a knee-jerk.

:clap::clap::clap:

3dogmom
02-23-2009, 11:25 AM
I agree. This, IMO, is actually a good reason for LE NOT to inform Bio Mom & Fam of anything. Whose to say they won't go on GR again, giving away info?

Good Point!:clap:

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 11:26 AM
It bothered me the instant I read it, too. She isn't even the mother! Her "intuition" must be a bit off because Haleigh isn't fine, imo. She has been either abducted by someone with cruel motives and is being held captive or she has been murdered. Either way...I do not consider her being "fine" and my women's intuition tells me this isn't going to end well at all.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Sorry. I didn't mean to post the same thing. I read your post after I posted. :)I don't mind. :) GMTA~

winterrose
02-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Rivera was issued a warning that if he would be charged with trespassing if he returned.

While neighbor of Haleigh's parents would speak to the media after the incident, Haleigh's maternal grandmother wasn't surprised at the confrontation between the family and Rivera.

"I knew it was going to fester and explode," Marie Griffis told Channel 4 on Sunday.

Griffis then turned the focus to where both side of the family want it to be: "Whoever has Haleigh, just bring her home."

HUH?What is up with this woman?

LaLaw2000
02-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Why is this decision not left up to Misty's parents in my opinion it is not for unknown people on a message board to decide.

No, that decision would not be left up to Misty's parents. Believe me, no one on a forum will be deciding anything where that is concerned. It is simply the law. Either it is followed or it is not. JMO.

3dogmom
02-23-2009, 11:32 AM
To me the Bio Mom and family are still suspects. Who is to say they didn't have Haleigh taken, in a stunt to get custody back. Crystal is already in trouble for not paying child support.

Just one of the many possibilities...

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 11:32 AM
The reason it "festered and exploded" was due to the family's revenge being directed towards Ronald! Of course she knew it would...since she was obviously partially responsible for it happening! GRRRR~

nanny1
02-23-2009, 11:42 AM

I think RC needs to be investigated as far as the other young lady he has a baby with also. The custody judge needs to take a good look at the enviornment that JR is being brought up in. All these young girls and this little boy being brought up with as RC as a roll model is very scarey to me.
Something should be done now..

RoseRed
02-23-2009, 11:44 AM
No, that decision would not be left up to Misty's parents. Believe me, no one on a forum will be deciding anything where that is concerned. It is simply the law. Either it is followed or it is not. JMO.

Well if Misty is found to be responsible for Haleigh's disappearance or whatever has happened to Haleigh she will be tried as an adult not a child of 17. I see it as she can't be both. She has to be just one or the other. If she is an adult when it comes to being prosecuted for a crime then she should be an adult when it comes to dating. JMO

samsmom02
02-23-2009, 11:49 AM
To me the Bio Mom and family are still suspects. Who is to say they didn't have Haleigh taken, in a stunt to get custody back. Crystal is already in trouble for not paying child support.

The mother and the maternal side of the family only seems to be interested in slandering the father. If I thought he actually did or knew something I would be kissing butt to see if he would talk. They are doing the exact opposite and making themselves look suspicious.

samsmom02
02-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Well if Misty is found to be responsible for Haleigh's disappearance or whatever has happened to Haleigh she will be tried as an adult not a child of 17. I see it as she can't be both. She has to be just one or the other. If she is an adult when it comes to being prosecuted for a crime then she should be an adult when it comes to dating. JMO

Great point!

LaLaw2000
02-23-2009, 11:50 AM

I do not believe either side at all. Neither of them. BUT, I think the way GR played to Crystal and her family this past weekend that her wrongdoing's should be as 'out there' as Ronald's.

I will never look at Crystal's mother the same after reading her rap sheet. Or her dad either. Seems there are some real problems on both sides with breaking the law.

And yes, Crystal was already in trouble for not paying child support, and she knew it. I could easily see this family having little Haleigh taken. Wonder when or if Crystal and her family will be asked to take a polygraph? They say they would take one, but would they really?

This has gone on long enough. What about Haleigh? Where is she and does Crystal's family hold any answers?

3dogmom
02-23-2009, 11:55 AM
What kind of info was on the grandparents rap sheets?

mydailyopinions
02-23-2009, 11:55 AM
I do not believe either side at all. Neither of them. BUT, I think the way GR played to Crystal and her family this past weekend that her wrongdoing's should be as 'out there' as Ronald's.

I will never look at Crystal's mother the same after reading her rap sheet. Or her dad either. Seems there are some real problems on both sides with breaking the law.

And yes, Crystal was already in trouble for not paying child support, and she knew it. I could easily see this family having little Haleigh taken. Wonder when or if Crystal and her family will be asked to take a polygraph? They say they would take one, but would they really?

This has gone on long enough. What about Haleigh? Where is she and does Crystal's family hold any answers?

I agree! Sounds like a job for Kathy Belich!

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Well if Misty is found to be responsible for Haleigh's disappearance or whatever has happened to Haleigh she will be tried as an adult not a child of 17. I see it as she can't be both. She has to be just one or the other. If she is an adult when it comes to being prosecuted for a crime then she should be an adult when it comes to dating. JMO:clap::clap::clap::clap:

LaLaw2000
02-23-2009, 11:57 AM

That's right. Misty has no more juvenile protection. No matter which way you slice it, she has admitted to being the person who last saw Haleigh and Ronald JR.. For that period of time, Misty was the caretaker.

I am sure it depends on the wording of the law, but Misty was only 16 when she and Ronald got together. IMO, NOW she can be prosecuted as an adult. She would not have been when she was 16.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 11:57 AM
What kind of info was on the grandparents rap sheets?
UCN: 541997CF001301XXAXMX
File Date: 1997-07-28 Judge: WILLIAM A PARSONS
Defense Atty: CLARK, RONALD E

Defendant
SHEFFIELD, NANCY MARIE
Alias

Date # Docket Description
1997-07-28 1 ARREST REPORT - POSSESSION OF CANNABIS, POSSESSION WITN
1997-07-28 1 INTENT TO SELL OR DELIVER, MAINTAINING A DRUG DWELLING,
1997-07-28 1 POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
1997-07-28 1 BOND SET AT $3,016.
1997-07-28 2 AFFIDAVIT OF INSOLVENCY
1997-07-28 3 APPEARANCE BOND - (UNSECURED)
1997-07-28 4 DEFENDANT'S NOTIFICATION OF BOND CONDITIONS
1997-08-11 5 NOTICE OF APPEARANCE BY RONALD E. CLARK & PLEA
1997-08-11 6 DEMAND FOR DISCOVERY
1997-09-29 7 INFORMATION (UNLAWFUL POSS. W/INTENT TO SELL OR
1997-09-29 7 DELIVER A CONT. SUBSTANCE, MAINTAINING A DRUG DWELLING)
1997-10-01 8 ORDER SETTING PRE-TRIAL 11/25/97
1997-10-01 9 NOTICE TO DEFENDANT 11/25/97
1997-10-01 10 NOTICE TO ATTORNEY 11/25/97
1997-10-06 11 STATE'S NOTICE OF INTENT TO SEEK JUDGEMENT FOR COSTS OF
1997-10-06 11 INVESTIGATON AND PROSECUTION
1997-10-06 12 ANSWER TO NOTICE OF DISCOVERY, DEMAND FOR NOTICE OF
1997-10-06 12 INTENTION TO CLAIM ALIBI WITNESS LIST
1997-11-25 13 PRE-TRIAL MINUTES: DEFT PRESENT, ATTENDED BY COUNSEL,
1997-11-25 13 RONALD CLARK. CASE SET FOR PLEA DAY 12/11/97
1997-11-25 14 NOTICE GIVEN TO DEFT. 12/11/97
1997-11-25 15 NOTICE TO DEFENDANT 12/11/97
1997-11-25 16 NOTICE TO ATTORNEY 12/11/97
1997-12-11 17 PLEA MIN: DEFT PRESENT, ATT BY, RONNIE CLARK.
1997-12-11 17 W/D FORMER PLEA, PLEAD GUILTY A/C CT I AND II UNLAWFUL POSS
1997-12-11 17 W/INTENT TO SELL OR DELIVER A CONT. SUB, MAINTAINING A
1997-12-11 17 DRUG DWELLING, ADVISED OF MAX PENALTY 5YRS AND OR $5000 FINE
1997-12-11 17 1YR AND OR $1000 FINE, PL ACCEPTED, PSI ORDERED, CASE
1997-12-11 17 SET FOR SENTENCING 1/27/98 STATE RECOMM. GUIDELINE SENTENCE
1997-12-11 17 IF NO PRIOR CONVICTIONS AND RECMM W/HOLD ADJ. STATE NOT
1997-12-11 17 TO FILE ADDITIONAL CHARGES.
1997-12-15 18 NOTICE TO DEFENDANT 01/27/98
1997-12-15 19 NOTICE TO ATTORNEY 01/27/98
1998-01-27 20 SCORESHEET FILED
1998-01-27 21 SENTENCING MINUTES: DEFT PRESENT, ATT BY RONALD CLARK.
1998-01-27 21 COURT WITHHELD ADJ. OF GUILT, ORDERED TO PAY $255 COURT COST
1998-01-27 21 AS TO CT. I SENTENCED TO 3YRS PROBATION, AS TO CT. II 1YRS
1998-01-27 21 PROBATION, RUN CONCURRENT WITH CT. I. TO PAY $25 COST OF
1998-01-27 21 SUPERVISION, TO COMPLETE OUT-IN PATIENT SUBSTANCE ABUSE
1998-01-27 21 COUNSELING AND TREATMENT IF NECESSARY AND PAY FOR ANY FEES
1998-01-27 21 OCCURED. TO PERFORM 50HRS. COMMUNITY SERVICE.
1998-01-27 22 ORDER WITHHOLDING ADJUDICATION OF GUILT AND PLACING
1998-01-27 22 DEFENDANT ON PROBATION - ENT MIN CIR CT BK276 PG662-665
1999-08-02 23 $22.69 PAYMENT MADE TO CASE
1999-08-06 24 $62.50 PAYMENT MADE TO CASE
1999-08-17 25 $37.19 PAYMENT MADE TO CASE
1999-08-23 26 $52.62 PAYMENT MADE TO CASE
2000-03-13 27 ORDER OF MODIFICATION OF PROBATION
2000-03-13 27 ENT MIN CIR CT - BK. 319 PG. 73-74
2003-03-28 28 LETTER FROM DEFENDANT/REQUEST FOR COPIES/NO MONIES SENT
2003-04-09 29 LETTER FROM DEFENDANT/$7.00/REQUEST FOR COPIES OF J & S
2003-04-09 29 MAILED 04-15-2003

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Here's Crystal's Daddy's

UCN: 542004CF001425XXAXMX
File Date: 2004-08-03 Judge: EDWARD E HEDSTROM
Defense Atty: STEPHENSON, JOHN W

Defendant
SHEFFIELD, JOHNNY MARCUS
Alias

Date # Docket Description
2004-08-03 1 COMPLAINT FILED: PCSO
2004-08-03 1 KNOWINGLY OWN, MANAGE OPERATE FACILITY TO FIGHT ANIMALS
2004-08-03 1 CRUELTY TO ANIMALS
2004-08-03 1 ATTENDING THE FIGHTING OR BATING OF ANIMALS
2004-08-03 1 ATTENDING THE FIGHTING OR BATING OF ANIMALS
2004-08-31 2 INFORMATION (CT 1-ANIMAL FIGHTING)
2004-09-14 3 CAPIAS ISSUED - BOND SET AT $1004.00
2004-10-14 4 ARREST REPORT - CT 1-ANIMAL FIGHTING -
2004-10-14 4 BOND SET AT $1004.00
2004-10-14 5 $1004.00 A-1 BAIL BONDS II - #2004-AA-77111
2004-10-14 6 DEFENDANT'S NOTIFICATION OF BOND CONDITIONS
2004-10-14 7 NOTICE TO BONDSMAN (11-10-2004)
2004-10-18 8 CAPIAS RETURNED EXECUTED
2004-11-10 9 ARR MIN: DEFT PRES, ADJ INS P D APPT (BILL BOOKHAMMER)
2004-11-10 9 ARR ENT PLEA OF NOT GUILTY - PRE TRIAL SET 12/14/2004
2004-11-10 10 AFFIDAVIT OF INDIGENT STATUS
2004-11-10 11 ORDER APPOINTING PUBLIC DEFENDER
2004-11-10 12 ORDER FOR PRE TRIAL CONFERENCE
2004-11-16 13 NOTICE TO BONDSMAN (12-14-2004)
2004-12-14 14 PRE TRIAL MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY JOHN STEPHENSON
2004-12-14 14 ON MOTION OF DEFENSE COUNSEL, COURT ORDERED CASE
2004-12-14 14 CONTINUED TO 01/18/2005 AT 1:30 PM
2004-12-17 15 NOTICE TO BONDSMAN (01-18-2005)
2005-01-18 16 PRE TRIAL MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY JOHN STEPHENSON
2005-01-18 16 ON MOTION OF DEFENSE COUNSEL, COURT ORDERED CASE
2005-01-18 16 SET FOR PLEA DAY 01/20/2005
2005-01-20 17 PRE TRIAL MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY JOHN STEPHENSON
2005-01-20 17 W/D FORMER PLEA, PLEAD NOLO TO THE LESSER CRUELTY TO
2005-01-20 17 ANIMALS
2005-01-20 17 ADVISED OF MAX PENALTY 1 YR PCJ &/OR $1000 FINE
2005-01-20 17 PLEA ACCEPTED, PSI WAIVED, SENTENCING - DEFENDANT
2005-01-20 17 ADJUDGED GUILTY, ORDERED TO PAY $241.50 COURT COST, $250
2005-01-20 17 COST OF PROSECUTION AND $40 PUBLIC DEFENDER APP FEE,
2005-01-20 17 COSTS ENTERED AS A CIVIL LIEN, SENTENCED TO 1 DAY PCJ
2005-01-20 17 WITH 1 DAY CREDIT
2005-02-03 18 JUDGMENT AND SENTENCE - ENT MIN CIR CT BK PG
2005-02-04 19 CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE AS TO JUDGMENT AND SENTENCE
2005-02-22 20 CHARGES, COSTS, AND FEES ASSOCIATED WITH SENTENCE
2005-02-22 20 RECORDED OR BK 1017 PG 753
2005-09-23 21 NOTICE OF HEARING RETURNED UNEXECUTED
2005-09-23 21 DEFT NOT IN JAIL
2005-09-23 22 DEFENSE WITNESS SUBPOENA ISSUED:
2005-09-23 22 EVIDENCE CUSTODIAN
2005-09-26 23 DEFENSE WITNESS SUBPOENA RETURNED SERVED:
2005-09-26 23 EVIDENCE CUSTODIAN
2005-09-29 24 MOTION FOR RETURN OF PROPERTY
2005-09-30 25 MOTION HEARING MINUTES: DEFT PRES - COURT HEARD
2005-09-30 25 DEFENSE MOTION FOR RETURN OF PROPERTY - GRANTED -
2005-09-30 25 SONY CAMCORDER SERIAL #1528521 RET'D TO DEFT

jaimie43
02-23-2009, 12:09 PM

I think I can kind of see it as two seperate issues..

If Misty is responsible for H'C's dissapearance she should be held accountable.

Ron should be held accountable as an adult dating a minor (she was 16 after all). Misty wont be in trouble for this, just Ron. There are lots of instances where an adult was prosecuted for dating a minor even tho the minor objected and said they consented. Doesnt really matter tho-its a crime.

3dogmom
02-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks SS

So Grandma ran a Drug house, and Grandpa ran a dog fighting ring.

What a wonderful bunch.

Kat
02-23-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm trying to find a link and I just can't locate it. Darn.

There was another statement made by Maternal Gma that made me have a knee jerk reaction as well when I heard it. (again, it was something simular that had been said in another case).

I'm trying to remember the exact words, so please don't take this as completely accurate.

Maternal Gma says that she thinks Haleigh may be in another state, and she names two states I think.

So I looked at that (the first comment I posted about was what gave a knee jerk). Then the reference to Haleigh being in alive but in another state.

Then another comment came to mind:

Maternal Gma says that she thinks that whoever has Haleigh is taking care of her. That Haleigh is fed and well.

Now none of these remarks alone would usually raise an eyebrow. But looked at together I get a knee jerk reaction about a possible family abduction.

Of course, that's just one of the many opinions/theories I have and am looking at, just my two cents.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Also there was a cocaine charge on Chad, Bio mom's step-brother/fiance/baby daddy.

RoseRed
02-23-2009, 12:20 PM
I think I can kind of see it as two seperate issues..

If Misty is responsible for H'C's dissapearance she should be held accountable.

Ron should be held accountable as an adult dating a minor (she was 16 after all). Misty wont be in trouble for this, just Ron. There are lots of instances where an adult was prosecuted for dating a minor even tho the minor objected and said they consented. Doesnt really matter tho-its a crime.

Maybe it shouldn't be.

RoseRed
02-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Also there was a cocaine charge on Chad, Bio mom's step-brother/fiance/baby daddy.

His drug charges were also dropped or not prosecuted.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 12:27 PM
I believe Chad paid a $100 fine and they were not dropped.

TxLady2
02-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Even TN said LE wasn't telling them anything,but being RC had the custody and him and Crystal were never married,ofcourse it would be him LE went to first.BTW,I am not defending RC or taking his side,by any means,do not care for him,but Crystal's Mom's motivation in destroying any unity the family had in raising JR,bringing him through this,has greatly disturbed me.This is about Haleigh and that weekend stunt was to draw attention and sympathy to Crystal,this is not about her or the custody,I am sickened by this.

Ron and Crystal never being married has nothing to do with it. Haleigh lived with her father, but whatever information LE has, they should share with Crystal, she IS Haleigh's mother. As for the two sides being at odds, that might be natural, but they should come together and work towards finding the little girl. Being combative with each other is not going to help.
I don't believe Marie has any ulterior motive other than finding Haliegh, and I don't believe she staged this interview with Geraldo, it was all his idea, IMO. But I really don't think we should be pointing fingers at any of them at this point, since we don't know what it's all about.
However.... I tend to believe Crystal has every right to know what is going on, and if it can be confirmed that Ron was abusive to either one of those kids, then she has a right to bring it out in the open. And if it can be confirmed that Misty was negligent in any way, then BOTH of them can be held accountable for that. He left her with the responsibility of two kids that were not hers, and she is too immature to handle it.

RR0004
02-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Ron and Crystal never being married has nothing to do with it. Haleigh lived with her father, but whatever information LE has, they should share with Crystal, she IS Haleigh's mother. As for the two sides being at odds, that might be natural, but they should come together and work towards finding the little girl. Being combative with each other is not going to help.
I don't believe Marie has any ulterior motive other than finding Haliegh, and I don't believe she staged this interview with Geraldo, it was all his idea, IMO. But I really don't think we should be pointing fingers at any of them at this point, since we don't know what it's all about.
However.... I tend to believe Crystal has every right to know what is going on, and if it can be confirmed that Ron was abusive to either one of those kids, then she has a right to bring it out in the open. And if it can be confirmed that Misty was negligent in any way, then BOTH of them can be held accountable for that. He left her with the responsibility of two kids that were not hers, and she is too immature to handle it.
Excellent post!

cajun
02-23-2009, 05:21 PM

I wonder who filed the complaint? I'm sure it's not Misty or Ron's family that did.

illinoismom
02-23-2009, 05:37 PM

I agree with this 110%!!!!

Littleone48
02-23-2009, 05:38 PM
I wonder who filed the complaint? I'm sure it's not Misty or Ron's family that did.

I would hope that the person who did file this is also out helping to search for Haleigh. Way too much time on their hands. IMO

Sorry for sounding angry but I have had it with the age difference (my husband is 6 years older than me) and the post early on about Misty smoking. Even her dad said at first he didn't like it but after seeing how RC treated his daughter and his kids, he was happy that Misty was him.

RR0004
02-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Respectfully, I disagree with them going on GR as an act of desperation (if that's what it was) They made this "desperation" national, it really didn't need to go that far. There are other ways to seek information than to go on national television and throw stones at someone else. Who cares what Ron has done in the past, she obviously did the same things... (she admitted to it) It does take two to fight (I don't care who you are) so was going on GR really justified? I, like others think it was an attempted ploy to get custody.

I also don't think the other side of the family (Rons) will stoop to their level with a "come back" but I guess time will tell.
I don't think she's concerned with gaining custody right now. I think she's truly concerned for the welfare of her children. Who knows what kind of talk's been going on down there. The issue is very much polarized. There's people she knows...there's people he knows. The focus needs to be on Haleigh. GR was looking for a story...they had one to tell. Was it necessary...only if it brought to light that RC was associating with some unsavory characters. If he's not being honest about that...publicly or with law enforcement...then there may be more information to be gleaned from him. If not, than no, IMO the whole interview was not necessary. (PS-I REALLY don't like GR!!)

LaLaw2000
02-23-2009, 05:43 PM
There is a new article added on the media thread stating that LE had interviewed C. Griffis and Ronald today. That must be about the statement Ronald had made about being 75% sure he knew who had taken Haleigh. Maybe some one can bring the link over.............I can't.

Also, someone added $25,000 to the reward today.

I wonder if LE found out which one of them was telling the truth - Chad or Ronald?

LaLaw2000
02-23-2009, 05:46 PM

I do not believe either family had to file a complaint. Ronald could just be charged as it is against the law. LE also has Misty on tape from national TV saying when she and Ronald got together. She probably was asked on polygraph also, but that would not be admissable.

RR0004
02-23-2009, 05:49 PM
I read where they had been seperated due to the investigation, which is normal in some instances... it keeps their stories seperated...

Respectfully, if you have a friend in the SA's office there, they shouldn't be telling you these things, and if they have you shouldn't tell others until it is public infomation JMO
Just curious what's the difference between that and LE (or the defense) leaking things to the press, let's say in the Casey Anthony case? There are many people here with inside info. who like to share it with us. I welcome that. I just don't want anyone to get into trouble now for trusting us with that info.

RR0004
02-23-2009, 05:52 PM
I don't think anyone from the outside could file a complaint (?). I would think that LE would have to. Anyone know?

RR0004
02-23-2009, 05:53 PM
I do not believe either family had to file a complaint. Ronald could just be charged as it is against the law. LE also has Misty on tape from national TV saying when she and Ronald got together. She probably was asked on polygraph also, but that would not be admissable.
Sorry, LL...didn't see your post.

lakelandladi
02-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Unless Ron or Misty admit to have sex with each other there is no crime. It is not illegal for them to live together, it is illegal for them to have sex. I doubt either one of them are going to admit that. JMO

kellync
02-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Video today verifies that Crystal is engaged to her stepbrother, her Mom's husbands son. FWIW
http://www.wesh.com/video/18778183/index.html (http://www.wesh.com/video/18778183/index.html)

PinkyPoo
02-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Video today verifies that Crystal is engaged to her stepbrother, her Mom's husbands son. FWIW
http://www.wesh.com/video/18778183/index.html (http://www.wesh.com/video/18778183/index.html)

Oh my gosh! Can this get any stranger! Ok I guess it's not a blood relitive but its a bit weird anyways.

RR0004
02-23-2009, 06:00 PM
How long has her mom been married to his dad? Do ya know?

RR0004
02-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Unless Ron or Misty admit to have sex with each other there is no crime. It is not illegal for them to live together, it is illegal for them to have sex. I doubt either one of them are going to admit that. JMO
You're right...nor does it help find Haleigh. Maybe LE wants to look like they're doing their jobs. I have no idea.

kellync
02-23-2009, 06:02 PM
I dont know,sorry

PinkyPoo
02-23-2009, 06:03 PM

Very good question! I wonder if they were rasied together.

LaLaw2000
02-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Well, IMO, it is about time for both sides to make this all about Haleigh and not a 'he said', 'she said'. I find that to be disgusting!!

:furious:

raeann
02-23-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't think she's concerned with gaining custody right now. I think she's truly concerned for the welfare of her children. Who knows what kind of talk's been going on down there. The issue is very much polarized. There's people she knows...there's people he knows. The focus needs to be on Haleigh. GR was looking for a story...they had one to tell. Was it necessary...only if it brought to light that RC was associating with some savory characters. If he's not being honest about that...publicly or with law enforcement...then there may be more information to be gleaned from him. If not, than no, IMO the whole interview was not necessary. (PS-I REALLY don't like GR!!)

I agree! This mother was MILES away when this happened, and she received a call that was confirmed to place her location there at 4 am or later, yet more people are accusing her of being involved than are accusing the father from whose home and custody Haleigh disappeared!

If someone allowed my child to be taken by what is obviously some form of their own negligence...I would be furious and I'd be telling everything I knew about that person that might lead to some clue as to where my child was. It isn't like this child accidentally wandered off and disappeared from the grocery store in a crowd.....she was at home in the middle of the night! She should have been behind a locked door and in the care of someone who wasn't "overly tired and out of it" or however Misty described herself. Misty ADMITS that she let the 3 year old brother walk out of the room without getting up to find out what was going on! If I hear my 15 year old up in the bathroom at night....I check to make sure he goes back to his room and does not have an upset stomach/headache or whatever. This father was irresponsible IMO and no matter where the child is or how she got there.....he is very much to blame!
As always....just my opinion......

RR0004
02-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Very good question! I wonder if they were rasied together.
I'll have to go through the docs. I don't think it was like decades. He could have grown up with his mom.

RR0004
02-23-2009, 06:17 PM
I agree! This mother was MILES away when this happened, and she received a call that was confirmed to place her location there at 4 am or later, yet more people are accusing her of being involved than are accusing the father from whose home and custody Haleigh disappeared!

If someone allowed my child to be taken by what is obviously some form of their own negligence...I would be furious and I'd be telling everything I knew about that person that might lead to some clue as to where my child was. It isn't like this child accidentally wandered off and disappeared from the grocery store in a crowd.....she was at home in the middle of the night! She should have been behind a locked door and in the care of someone who wasn't "overly tired and out of it" or however Misty described herself. Misty ADMITS that she let the 3 year old brother walk out of the room without getting up to find out what was going on! If I hear my 15 year old up in the bathroom at night....I check to make sure he goes back to his room and does not have an upset stomach/headache or whatever. This father was irresponsible IMO and no matter where the child is or how she got there.....he is very much to blame!
Besides which...you don't have money...you don't get your kids back. That's JMO based on speaking with a group of women who were the noncustodial parents.

Tichad3
02-23-2009, 06:18 PM

Just because bio mom was miles away does not clear her of involvement. She could have had a family member of friend do this. I think Crystal's actions the past few days have been more suspicious than anything that Ron or Misty have done yet.

And we do not know who has told LE what. Ron could have told everything and everybody else for that matter.

But a 17 year old is definitely old enough to babysit at night. How was Ron suppose to know that she was overly tired that night? My little sister babysat for me one time. She was fine when I left but when I got home she was out like a light. She never woke up until morning.

And yes I gave her heck for it the next day.

cajun
02-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Well, IMO, it is about time for both sides to make this all about Haleigh and not a 'he said', 'she said'. I find that to be disgusting!!

Me, too. Haleigh like Caylee is being pushed out of the forefront because of all the extra dramaramas.

Kat
02-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Just because bio mom was miles away does not clear her of involvement.

Respectfully snipped by me for clarity of my post.

Tichad3 you make a very valid point. LE has not officially cleared any family member that I know of and that would ,I assume include bio mom and her family.

As I said this morning in another post about this case, IMHO we can't exclude anyone from scrutiny regardless of their personal histories, because LE hasn't either.

Personally I have empathy for certain players in this case but not matter what my opinion is, no matter how empathic I feel for that player, I have to look at those players with as unjaded eye as possible. Just my two cents.

simonsmom
02-23-2009, 06:53 PM
JVM reporting the mom's fiance has been brought in?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???

Tichad3
02-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Respectfully snipped by me for clarity of my post.

Tichad3 you make a very valid point. LE has not officially cleared any family member that I know of and that would ,I assume include bio mom and her family.

As I said this morning in another post about this case, IMHO we can't exclude anyone from scrutiny regardless of their personal histories, because LE hasn't either.

Personally I have empathy for certain players in this case but not matter what my opinion is, no matter how empathic I feel for that player, I have to look at those players with as unjaded eye as possible. Just my two cents.

I agree with your cents.:)

Kat
02-23-2009, 06:54 PM

I wonder if that is about the media report today that bio-mom, fiance and RC were all questioned today?

Tichad3
02-23-2009, 06:55 PM

:eek::eek::eek:

St3phanie
02-23-2009, 06:55 PM

What is JVM? I don't know that one..

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 06:58 PM
I wonder if that is about the media report today that bio-mom, fiance and RC were all questioned today?I am pretty sure it is because he was questioned by LE today.

simonsmom
02-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Jane Velez Mitchell on headline news. Coming on now.

St3phanie
02-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks simonsmom!

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 07:02 PM

That is why Misty is off the property and why TN played things off the other day by stating that Misty has "her own home." (Bolded by me) She is back already so I am thinking this is incorrect information. I saw her on the video going into the trailer to be with Ronald today.

Originally Posted by passionflower
http://www.wesh.com/video/18778183/index.html

raeann
02-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Just because bio mom was miles away does not clear her of involvement. She could have had a family member of friend do this. I think Crystal's actions the past few days have been more suspicious than anything that Ron or Misty have done yet.

And we do not know who has told LE what. Ron could have told everything and everybody else for that matter.

But a 17 year old is definitely old enough to babysit at night. How was Ron suppose to know that she was overly tired that night? My little sister babysat for me one time. She was fine when I left but when I got home she was out like a light. She never woke up until morning.

And yes I gave her heck for it the next day.

It does not clear the bio mom.....IMO....but it certainly does not justify the idea that somehow she is MORE likely to be involved than either of the people that the child lived with at the time.

She has NEVER changed her story about where she was or when....while Ron and Misty can't seem to keep their stories matched up or even keep their own story consistent from one day to the next.

scandi
02-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Jane Velez Mitchell on headline news. Coming on now.

Thanks for that Simonsmom.

What in the world could Chad G's involvement be. Rather, why would LE want to talk to him? Any ideas?

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 07:09 PM
He is about to become the stepfather to Haleigh and obviously has direct contact with her every two weeks during bio mom's visitation.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 07:12 PM
It does not clear the bio mom.....IMO....but it certainly does not justify the idea that somehow she is MORE likely to be involved than either of the people that the child lived with at the time.

She has NEVER changed her story about where she was or when....while Ron and Misty can't seem to keep their stories matched up or even keep their own story consistent from one day to the next.While Misty's story has changed, I haven't seen where Ron changed his story. Bio mom has a definite motive and it would benefit her should Haleigh go missing.

scandi
He is about to become the stepfather to Haleigh and obviously has direct contact with her every two weeks during bio mom's visitation.

Thanks SS, A TH on Jane's show just said they are talking to everyone in the family when Jane asked the same question. xox

cajun
Thanks for that Simonsmom.

What in the world could Chad G's involvement be. Rather, why would LE want to talk to him? Any ideas?

one could be because it was said that Ron told Chad, and I believe biomom's brother Marcus, that he was 75% sure he knew who took Haleigh.

Of course, we will never find out the truth because LE is so tight lipped.

Isabella
02-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Anger management?! We have only seen one outburst from Ronald during the 911 call to my knowledge! LE is going to take into account the situation there. He was petrified and upset.

He was providing a decent roof over their heads, food on the table, and the rest of it. I don't see the need to move in with his mother.

Yes he was providing a roof and there food etc. Wasnt the mother due in court for not contributing anything towards the children?

Another point..i have seen a lot of stuff about the father being on drugs..well didnt i read on here yesterday that the bf of the mother had been convicted of having cocaine? So...in the event of the father getting charged im not sure that a woman who didnt even want to contribute to bring her kids up and whose partner had cocaine should be raising any children either.

She seems to get a pass because its said he abused her. Well its not his fault she neglected to pay for the kids or about what her partner is on...

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Yes. She had charges filed on her the day Haleigh went missing for contempt of court.

raeann
02-23-2009, 07:34 PM
The reason I see this recent airing of grievances as being something that LE might have encouraged is because sometimes when a person with information has some reason to not want any interaction with LE, no amount of reward money is enough to bring that information out. If these people have some tips that might incriminate one side of the family or the other, they have no one to go to if both sides seem to be all hunky dory and in solid support of each other. HOWEVER, if the sides are beginning a bit of trash talk then maybe, just maybe, the tip will be fed to one side or the other.

Now, I know about the whole anonymous tip line stuff, but some people with their own legal troubles would still never do that. Its sort of like those drive by shootings where 100 people in the street were right there, but no one saw anything. Some people fear LE and some people fear the bad guys finding out who told on them, and some people fear both sides.

Isabella
02-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes. She had charges filed on her the day Haleigh went missing for contempt of court.

However you want to look at it...that is weird timing.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't believe LE would have incited this behavior for any reason. Their child is missing and they have a little boy in the middle of this storm. LE would not advise ripping each other to shreds on national tv to further the case.

raeann
02-23-2009, 07:42 PM
While Misty's story has changed, I haven't seen where Ron changed his story. Bio mom has a definite motive and it would benefit her should Haleigh go missing.

These are a few the ones I can think of off hand:

911 call....Ron has gun and will kill whoever has his daughter
Later...no fight, no gun,

Ron picked up Haleigh from bus stop
Grandma picked up Haleigh from bus stop

Ron says "dumb bi*** girl friend lost his daughter"
later Misty loved kids, responsible, totally supports her

emmeblu
02-23-2009, 07:43 PM
The bio-mom is just showing her true colors. Here is a mother that has not taken appropriate measures to get her act cleaned up to get custody of her children. Obviously these so called attacks of abuse have not been enough to make her want to fight for custody of her children. Quite frankly, I think she is too busy with her new b/f and baby to worry about her older children.

If these attacks of abuse were true, she should have been telling LE and LE only and not the media! Most of the time when asked a question she says, "I don't know". I believe that because bio-mom has not made it her business to find out things about her children. Pathetic.

JMO
Emme

myshell
02-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Good evening to all...

I don't understand the CS mom's comments during this interview - I thought they did an actual interview with GR while RC's interview was unexpected to him. Also the mom is wringing her hands alot??? She didn't seem nervous on any of the other interviews.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/18777041/index.html

I do love this interview with RC's granny - she reminds me of my granny

http://www.cbs47.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=30087@video.fox30online.com&navCatId=5

raeann
02-23-2009, 07:46 PM
I should add...I can neither accuse nor defend either side at this point...I am just disturbed by people accusing the mother when there is absolutely no kind of evidence that she or any of her side of the family is involved. Ron is excused for his horrible language and behavior on the 911 call because he is upset and angry...but the bio mom can't be upset and angry or say things that might have been better left unsaid?

RR0004
02-23-2009, 07:47 PM

Yes...this has to stop for the sake of the child.

RR0004
02-23-2009, 07:51 PM
I should add...I can neither accuse nor defend either side at this point...I am just disturbed by people accusing the mother when there is absolutely no kind of evidence that she or any of her side of the family is involved. Ron is excused for his horrible language and behavior on the 911 call because he is upset and angry...but the bio mom can't be upset and angry or say things that might have been better left unsaid?
People congratulate the dad for restraint (and yes, I'm glad he's keeping the focus on his child), but for all we know he's keeping his mouth shut because he KNOWS the crap that can come out about him if he starts slinging. I think this child's disappearance isn't random. Not sure what's going on, but something is very wrong in Satsuma.

cajun
02-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Good evening to all...

I don't understand the CS mom's comments during this interview - I thought they did an actual interview with GR while RC's interview was unexpected to him. Also the mom is wringing her hands alot??? She didn't seem nervous on any of the other interviews.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/18777041/index.html

I do love this interview with RC's granny - she reminds me of my granny

http://www.cbs47.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=30087@video.fox30online.com&navCatId=5

Gee, Marie. You and your daughter are the ones that turned this into a 3 ring circus. You two have slung mud against Ron since your first interview and you 2 are the ones that ramped it up the other night.

myshell
02-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Article from local news (link provided):

At a time when the two sides of Haleigh's family remain united in a plea for the girl's safe return home, they couldn't be more divided about some things.
Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, and her family spoke out to Rivera last weekend, making several serious accusations against the missing girl's father.

"I felt fine with it. It bothers me that they're upset about it," Sheffield said.
"It's our word against his. You know, he says no and we say yes," said Haleigh's maternal grandmother, Marie Griffis.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18778590/detail.html

simonsmom
02-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Well that was a bunch of nothing! I give up. The TV shows are after ratings and bait us with sensational lead in's. I just pray for the little girl.

myshell
02-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Gee, Marie. You and your daughter are the ones that turned this into a 3 ring circus. You two have slung mud against Ron since your first interview and you 2 are the ones that ramped it up the other night.

That's exactly what my husband was saying very loudly!!!

lakelandladi
02-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Can we trust Crystal's accusations? She was arrested for giving a false report to LE at the end of 07.

http://208.75.175.18/ovationweb/courtcase.aspx?casetype=Criminal&case=07000652MMMA

For me that really says a lot about how much trust we can have in any accusation she makes. JMO

cajun
02-23-2009, 08:15 PM
That's exactly what my husband was saying very loudly!!!

Good man. LOL

Jholi
02-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Crystal, on with Nancy Grace, just said she has taken and passed a polygraph.

SeriouslySearching
02-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Actually, she said she took one and the man giving the test indicated he thought she may have passed...but they were sending the test to Washington to obtain the results.

tehcloser
02-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Actually, she said she took one and the man giving the test indicated he thought she may have passed...but they were sending the test to Washington to obtain the results.

Isn't that kinda weird in it's self. Why send it to Washington? Couldn't the guy that gave it read it? Don't they pretty much know then? :waitasec:

Kat
02-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Isn't that kinda weird in it's self. Why send it to Washington? Couldn't the guy that gave it read it? Don't they pretty much know then? :waitasec:

I thought that odd too.

tehcloser
02-23-2009, 11:11 PM
I thought that odd too.

Washington, to me anyway, says FBI instead of local popo....not that that means anything...just sayin' :crazy:

Kat
02-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Washington, to me anyway, says FBI instead of local popo....not that that means anything...just sayin' :crazy:

FBI was the first thought that came into my head when I heard that too.

kiki the parrot
02-23-2009, 11:17 PM
If bio mom and her family feel the reason she wasn't awarded custody (and was instead ironically ordered to pay dad support) was in large part due to her insufficient income, and confusion over the court date; and if she was truly abused by dad in the past, and now has legitimate concerns over what she is observing of dad and gf's lifestyle; and when one of their children goes "missing" on dad and his minor gf's watch, I would hardly call it "revenge" just because his squeaky clean image or public persona is tarnished in order to get to the bottom of this dangerous and frightening situation. I would say she had courage, and good grounds, for speaking the truth. JMO

:parrot:

RJA00
02-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the info.

I can't believe someone would file a complaint right now. If any complaints are filed it should be after Haleigh is found.

I wonder if the person filing the complaint has an alterior motive.

Lets say ron and misty go off and get married and her parents sign for it
would charges still be brought up against him ?

My husband married his ex wife at 18. she was 16
her mother signed for her to get married

SeriouslySearching
02-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Article from local news (link provided):

At a time when the two sides of Haleigh's family remain united in a plea for the girl's safe return home, they couldn't be more divided about some things.
Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, and her family spoke out to Rivera last weekend, making several serious accusations against the missing girl's father.

"I felt fine with it. It bothers me that they're upset about it," Sheffield said.
"It's our word against his. You know, he says no and we say yes," said Haleigh's maternal grandmother, Marie Griffis.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18778590/detail.html(Bolded by me) Boy, this is the statement of the week! She cannot imagine why they would be upset with it?! WTH?! :furious:

SeriouslySearching
02-24-2009, 12:03 AM
If bio mom and her family feel the reason she wasn't awarded custody (and was instead ironically ordered to pay dad support) was in large part due to her insufficient income, and confusion over the court date; and if she was truly abused by dad in the past, and now has legitimate concerns over what she is observing of dad and gf's lifestyle; and when one of their children goes "missing" on dad and his minor gf's watch, I would hardly call it "revenge" just because his squeaky clean image or public persona is tarnished in order to get to the bottom of this dangerous and frightening situation. I would say she had courage, and good grounds, for speaking the truth. JMO

:parrot:I would say the bio mom is an ex who wants revenge because she lost custody due to not being able to hold a job, who possibly didn't bother to contact her attorney for the right date to show in court (altho court records show she was served), and being jealous that her ex has the children she is supposed to pay child support for fair and square...but doesn't. Records show she has made no attempt to step up to the plate to do things in order to get her children back in any way. She has already been caught in a few "discrepancies" concerning her stories of Ronald. She is not credible, imo.

Ronald was at WORK where he should have been in order to care for his two children. (I saw this was confirmed by a report tonight on HLN which stated they spoke with his employer, IIRC.)

PinkyPoo
02-24-2009, 12:07 AM
I agree 100% with you. I think CS is using the media to get back at Ron rather then finding her child.

cajun
02-24-2009, 12:20 AM
(Bolded by me) Boy, this is the statement of the week! She cannot imagine why they would be upset with it?! WTH?! :furious:

Seriously, gma needs to shut the hell up and go back home. You would think her arms would get tired stirring that pot as much as she does. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/justsmilies/stirthepot.gif

SeriouslySearching
02-24-2009, 12:25 AM
I simply don't understand how she can blow it off like she has done nothing wrong and she doesn't get why Ronald and his family would be upset. Then her mom admits it is "he said/she said"! What?!

CajunGirl
02-24-2009, 12:29 AM
dats cuz maw maw is guilty ...in my oh so honest opinion... something is soooooo bery strange there!

happy mardi gras everyone! hehe

myshell
02-24-2009, 12:29 AM
I think I may have found a mobile home floor plan similar to what they are talking about. When I heard the former tenants talk about the layout it reminded me of my Aunt's and she said the same thing. This what my Aunt's is like except she has the big master bath which I heard MC say that their trailer has. Grasping at straws but it's the best I could find.

http://www.charlietaylorhomes.com/floorplans/mgr-21056.jpg

I put this on another thread but everyone was asleep over there so if anyone is still awake over here, pls tell me what u thunk...

SeriouslySearching
02-24-2009, 12:40 AM
Off Topic: Nice try, but the backdoor is in the wrong place and I believe the kitchen is as well. The backdoor goes out the end of the trailer next to the master bedroom where the bathroom is located on that one.

On Topic: Something is very wrong here with the way things are being tossed around and so casually disregarded by bio mom. I don't understand what happened from the day before Rj's birthday and now to cause this change of behavior. The apology from MG, the chummy behavior of bio mom, Ronald, and Misty, and then BAM! What happened?!?!

ETA: Happy Mardi Gras!!

cajun
02-24-2009, 12:45 AM
dats cuz maw maw is guilty ...in my oh so honest opinion... something is soooooo bery strange there!

happy mardi gras everyone! hehe

laissez les bon temp roulez, cajungirl. Have a great time celebrating Fat Tuesday.
sigh, I am so home sick.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/justsmilies/cryblow.gif

scandi
02-24-2009, 12:56 AM
I think I may have found a mobile home floor plan similar to what they are talking about. When I heard the former tenants talk about the layout it reminded me of my Aunt's and she said the same thing. This what my Aunt's is like except she has the big master bath which I heard MC say that their trailer has. Grasping at straws but it's the best I could find.

http://www.charlietaylorhomes.com/floorplans/mgr-21056.jpg

I put this on another thread but everyone was asleep over there so if anyone is still awake over here, pls tell me what u thunk...

Hi there, Pretty close. I think SeriouslySearching is right and the back door is at the and of the kitchen. And isn't there a garden tub in the corner of that MBr? We also think the utility room is right by that back door.

winterrose
02-24-2009, 12:56 AM
Off Topic: Nice try, but the backdoor is in the wrong place and I believe the kitchen is as well. The backdoor goes out the end of the trailer next to the master bedroom where the bathroom is located on that one.

On Topic: Something is very wrong here with the way things are being tossed around and so casually disregarded by bio mom. I don't understand what happened from the day before Rj's birthday and now to cause this change of behavior. The apology from MG, the chummy behavior of bio mom, Ronald, and Misty, and then BAM! What happened?!?!

ETA: Happy Mardi Gras!!

SS,I remember,that's when all the inconsistencies really started coming to surface in Misty's stories.

SeriouslySearching
02-24-2009, 01:02 AM
There has to be something more than that because Misty had inconsistencies from the beginning.

winterrose
02-24-2009, 01:07 AM
But,I think that's when the media really started talking about them,before that people were thinking maybe it was media not reporting things as accurate.I don't think they're in the loop as much as everyone else is,they're at the vigils and talking to people in the day,etc.

winterrose
02-24-2009, 01:08 AM
Getting ready for tv shots,which I think takes awhile.We probably have more info than any of them.

winterrose
02-24-2009, 01:09 AM
Well,I guess they have more now,people have let them use computers and such to keep up with the news.But the tv is not giving too much out.

winterrose
02-24-2009, 01:10 AM
You know what,that morning Crystal talked with the FBI for three hours and she could have been told some info about Misty and some things we don't know.

SeriouslySearching
02-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Was it all just a show to get to see Rj? It was his birthday weekend. As soon as it was over, it all seemed to fade. So were they just "faking it" that weekend? I wonder if they were supposed to return him early to Ronald because it was his birthday?

SeriouslySearching
02-24-2009, 01:14 AM
You know what,that morning Crystal talked with the FBI for three hours and she could have been told some info about Misty and some things we don't know.Possible, I suppose. I don't see the FBI sharing information with her tho.

Maybe it is like I said before and the heat started coming down on her and her family so they are trying to play the blame game in an attempt to take the heat off.

winterrose
02-24-2009, 01:14 AM
I don't know,but I think she's trying to push RC into giving info when Misty might be the only one to know,but she might not know if she was gone.I think Crystal's Mom put it in her head and pushing her on it.

winterrose
02-24-2009, 01:16 AM
Have you watched it when Marie is standing next to Crystal and Crystal's being asked the question?It looks like Marie just wants to pull the answers out of Crystals mouth.LOL

scandi
There has to be something more than that because Misty had inconsistencies from the beginning.

Hi, I think LE knows allot. for one thing, I can't stop thinking about the 911 call, and how one of our posters thinks she hears Misty put her hand over the receiver and Misty and Ron are whispering something.

There is definitely a lot of info the cops have that the public doesn't. Gosh, O/T, but I wish we had someone who could decipher that 911 call down to a gnat's eye!

winterrose
"Just say it!"LOL

felineforlorn
02-24-2009, 01:17 AM

I'm sure the family didn't purchase them and they were likely donated by a church or something, but I DO NOT like the way those clear votive cups say "THIS IS IN MEMORY OF" at the vigil in the 1st video.

winterrose
02-24-2009, 01:18 AM
I'm serious about the "ch" sound in front of cleaning,I wish someone would be able to hear it on good earphones.If she had a 10pm to 3:15 window,it would have to be at least one or more people to clean up the trailer.

scandi
02-24-2009, 01:18 AM
Have you watched it when Marie is standing next to Crystal and Crystal's being asked the question?It looks like Marie just wants to pull the answers out of Crystals mouth.LOL

Well, yes. I've noticed that Crystal is not a true conversationalist and pretty slow on the draw in answering questions. It made me nervous for her, thinking she was trying to think of how to answer the question with out really answering it.

SeriouslySearching
02-24-2009, 01:19 AM
Well...that is creepy, isn't it?! I am sure they were probably donated by the funeral home who also donated the tents tho.

I am the last person to decipher the audio on the 911 call. I can barely hear my tv without it being up so loud that it scares the hell out of my dog when JVM comes on (he hates her voice so much!!). LOL

I hope LE knows a lot more than we are hearing! It worries me. Two weeks in and nada...zip...zilch. No closer than we were before and no news from them at all. Troubling!

winterrose
02-24-2009, 01:20 AM
If there were drugs or anything like that around,just saying,she knew LE would be coming.I don't think RC has been able to go through and see if it's different in there from when he went to work.

Dr. Know?
02-24-2009, 01:20 AM
Hi, I think LE knows allot. for one thing, I can't stop thinking about the 911 call, and how one of our posters thinks she hears Misty put her hand over the receiver and Misty and Ron are whispering something.

There is definitely a lot of info the cops have that the public doesn't. Gosh, O/T, but I wish we had someone who could decipher that 911 call down to a gnat's eye!

O/T too, and I agree decipher the call. It's really bothered me.

winterrose
02-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Does anyone have earplugs for their speaker to listen to 911 again?Mine make it clearer,but not enough.

black poodle
02-24-2009, 01:34 AM

How much coke was he caught with. A one hundred dollor fine is not much for pocession of coke. The drug laws in Fla. must be alot less stict than the laws where I live. (Missouri) You would have to pay a huge fine and do community service and possibly even a 120 shock jail time.

3dogmom
02-24-2009, 01:44 AM
Someone lied....CS said after she took the poly, she asked how she did. She said the examiner told her it would have to be sent to Washington.

THAT right there is a load of crap! I know for a fact, anyone trained to administer a poly is also trained to read the results. My BF is a CPS investigator and has witnessed many poly's and he called that lie out when we were watching NG tonight.

So either CS lied, or the examiner lied to her.

CajunGirl
02-24-2009, 01:54 AM
laissez les bon temp roulez, cajungirl. Have a great time celebrating Fat Tuesday.
sigh, I am so home sick.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/justsmilies/cryblow.gif

awww Cajun...i'm sorry your sick! feel better soon!

We have had a blast the whole weekend...to bad it all ends today! We are heading out there in bout 5 hours! LOL:woohoo:

CajunGirl
02-24-2009, 02:00 AM
Does anyone have earplugs for their speaker to listen to 911 again?Mine make it clearer,but not enough.

I can do it.. but what exactly am i listening for?

winterrose
02-24-2009, 02:04 AM
Oh sorry,didn't know someone had answered.

winterrose
02-24-2009, 02:05 AM
Right at the beginning,when she's talking about I was just "ch" cleaning.I think it's more than cleaning,bleach cleaning,it's a little scratchy there.

winterrose
02-24-2009, 02:06 AM
The transcripts say cleaning.And what was she whispering to Ronald when dispatcher asked about the door lock.

Leila
02-24-2009, 02:13 AM

Greta Van Susteran spent about 5 minutes of her program tonight on this case. Her reporter there in Satsuma said that it's been confirmed that DCF has been involved with this family, at this address, within the past year.

The reporter pointed out that RC and MC have only lived at that address for about 5 months, so the involvement with DCF had to occur within the past five months.

CajunGirl
02-24-2009, 02:14 AM
The transcripts say cleaning.And what was she whispering to Ronald when dispatcher asked about the door lock.

gunna listen now :) brb

winterrose
02-24-2009, 02:15 AM
Oh cool,thank you so much.

Leila
02-24-2009, 02:21 AM

Nancy Marie Sheffield (bio-mom's mother) married Bruce A. Griffis in 2002. So they've been married about 6 or 7 years. Crystal (bio-mom) is 23 and Chad is 29.

CajunGirl
02-24-2009, 02:22 AM
Oh cool,thank you so much.

ok... just listened to the beginning so far...

i heard... id finished cleaning... but its soooo unclear because she was talkin so fast and overlapping words..

it was in reference to when the last time was she saw her

winterrose
02-24-2009, 02:22 AM
That's Johnny Sheffield her first husband with the camo on,right?If so,is her husband around there?

winterrose
02-24-2009, 02:24 AM
ok... just listened to the beginning so far...

i heard... id finished cleaning... but its soooo unclear because she was talkin so fast and overlapping words..

it was in reference to when the last time was she saw her

Okay,thank you,so it's finished cleaning,I was hearing the sh sound,instead of ch.I was afraid she said bleach,that would have been seriously bad.

winterrose
02-24-2009, 02:25 AM
Thank you alot Cajun,I've been thinking about that since I first heard the 911 call,and it's been eating on me.

CajunGirl
02-24-2009, 02:26 AM
Okay,thank you,so it's finished cleaning,I was hearing the sh sound,instead of ch.I was afraid she said bleach,that would have been seriously bad.

no problem!

winterrose
02-24-2009, 02:31 AM
Did you hear whispering when asked about the door by Misty?

felineforlorn
02-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Did you hear whispering when asked about the door by Misty?
I did hear Ron IIRC - could be he did not comprehend the question, was still trying to make sense of it all, or could be if they are involved, he had a brief, UH OH moment but too late then to do anything about making it look like forced entry cuz it would be detected on the phone call or cops could pull up at any moment.

winterrose
02-24-2009, 02:55 AM
I did hear Ron IIRC - could be he did not comprehend the question, was still trying to make sense of it all, or could be if they are involved, he had a brief, UH OH moment but too late then to do anything about making it look like forced entry cuz it would be detected on the phone call or cops could pull up at any moment.

That is a very good question,because he even said in the yard interview someone broke in.He had the door locked.But,in that case,he would have had time to do something before they got there.But,maybe not,because they were already on thier way.

winterrose
02-24-2009, 02:58 AM
The LE has said there was no forced entry.Which means the screen door which he said he locked,would have also been opened and it was not broken into,so it would have had to been opened from the inside.

Nikki777
02-24-2009, 03:00 AM
That is a very good question,because he even said in the yard interview someone broke in.He had the door locked.But,in that case,he would have had time to do something before they got there.But,maybe not,because they were already on thier way.

~winterrose~
I heard that yard interview & he did say, broke in!

winterrose
02-24-2009, 03:02 AM
Yes,he did and the LE had already said and told him it was not broken into.

winterrose
02-24-2009, 03:03 AM
The screendoor had a plastic lock,since there was no breakin,it would have had no cutscreen,so had to have been opened from inside.

felineforlorn
02-24-2009, 03:04 AM
Yes,he did and the LE had already said and told him it was not broken into.

Dunno, could be semantics. If I came in from our field and found someone came in and took my purse thru open back door, I would probably say BROKE IN too instead of CAME IN as I still consider it an intrusion

Law_girl41
02-24-2009, 03:07 AM

they send all the tests to Washington. FBI lab. Its just RC & Misty did not specify that in statements to the media. All tests in these types of cases are surrendered to FBI.

o/t I heart John Walsh :blowkiss:

winterrose
02-24-2009, 03:16 AM
Night guys...

scandi
02-24-2009, 03:21 AM
Hi, So I read during that call Ron is heard in the background saying SS to - the lock was sideways.

I can't visualize that unless he is talking about a padlock. That couldn't be right :confused:

Mojavemama
02-24-2009, 03:24 AM
Dunno, could be semantics. If I came in from our field and found someone came in and took my purse thru open back door, I would probably say BROKE IN too instead of CAME IN as I still consider it an intrusion

Hi...this is my first post here, but I've been in chat before...months ago. This has pulled me out of lurkdom to add to the semantics theory. I'm a southern gal and it's pretty common for southerners to say someone broke into their home when no door or window was actually broken...it's used meaning an intrusion, like you said, felineforlorn.

scandi
02-24-2009, 03:33 AM
Hi...this is my first post here, but I've been in chat before...months ago. This has pulled me out of lurkdom to add to the semantics theory. I'm a southern gal and it's pretty common for southerners to say someone broke into their home when no door or window was actually broken...it's used meaning an intrusion, like you said, felineforlorn.

Thanks Mojavemama, WELCOME to Websleuths http://friendsforever.foren-city.de/images/smiles/a084.gif & http://photo-forum.net/joro/emoticons/EmoticonTheWave.gif

xox See you guys tomoz

Law_girl41
02-24-2009, 03:35 AM
one night on GVS I heard the mom and grandmom say they were going to stop talking bad about RC & stuff for the sake of finding Haleigh and Jr's Birthday that weekend. (that didnt mean forever) That was the case, right? Okay, things were fine up until this weekend, ...a whole week passes before it turns into this.{ Perhaps GR should come on his show or blog and explain this to ALL of us, because he is partially responsible for it happening}.........on the other side, maybe there wasnt a motive, other than, out of anguish & frustration have more questions....I didnt see anger to any degree that would give me a second thought about motive..., maybe GR hyped em up a little and it fueled the fire. I dont know how it all came to be, they all have "baggage". We alls gots baggage. :crazy:

I remember the photograph of Crystal crouched down on her knee over Ron crying. That was real. Despite all her flaws and all their "baggage" they had the heart enough to embrace as the moments were fresh & raw. They made 2beautiful babies together. But tears dry up and your head tries to rationalize the events over and over. They are all thinking about Haliegh and still are. During that time, it was real and it wasnt pretend for anyone. But you have to cope and survive. None of them have any control over their daily lives anymore, it wont be the same. And what if.....over a period of a few days...they became like some of us here and wanted to know this... Two weeks in this and "we" know nothing new or conclusive. No closer than we were before and no news from them. You would find that troubling, most definatley. They are all human, but you cannot make them like each other. We cannot keep picking their wounds.

We arent going to get anywhere, but down and angry, because we all have our stories, and yes, very real and raw for some that have to carry past trauma & resentment. Been there done that. Can you say after a week, that you, yourself wouldnt get yourself together? My mother always told me one thing...."when youre done cryin, pull your boot straps up and get back in there...blah blah". Your family will pull you in and pull you together when times get tough. That is a given. On both sides. Theres things those families haven't even heard about each other or did they who cares, ...we better believe that they are all having to a come to terms family meetin. I couldnt imagine having to be in their shoes right now and face all that. I know how hard it is standing there at a family function and having your stuff be out there....and grandma, poor grammaw is trying to keep everyone from getting out of control, usually its by food or some distraction. :rolleyes:

That weekend, it was her visitation weekend and jr' birthday. But the vigil, the one where she broke down and they all cried in each others arms, that was real. Real emotion, real pain! All of them. I cried seeing that. It wasnt a show or for show. It was reality and we got to watch it unfold. How painful and real can life get, I wonder? All I kept thinking was she has her mother there to comfort her and she not ther to comfort her own daughter. She hurting, they are all hurting. Missing your little girl is as much painful for one as it is the other. If we deny Crystal her right to pain and anger of this type of loss, what have we become?....we minimize her pain?, we minimize her past? Give this mother time to get it together and ach for her daughter like the father, give her permission to try to be there for Haleigh and not make it seem like she's up to no good.

I have been sad about this all day.....I understand with all my heart that this GR interview happened. I agree that it wasnt the time or the place. But this is their mess from here on and Its not up to us to clean it up. LE, for whatever reason, is doing their jobs and they have their reasons for not saying or doing the same things we, some of us, where used to in the "other" case. We are dealing with a different families, with different "baggage" and a new deck of cards. I dont want to engage in secondary wounding of people, by minimizing and microanylizing every wound they already know they have. I'm so sorry this was long. But I had to speak my peace from my heart and tell some of ya'll that its hurting to see so many smart people butting heads about this family. If anything, we can learn from this.

Brwnigirl
02-24-2009, 03:48 AM
Well said LawGirl. I stayed off this today in order to get some work done.
All I can think about is this poor little girl with a compromised immune system who is scared of the dark.
I hope this ends soon and she comes back ok. Maybe all the people who let her down in the first place on both sides will get a second chance.

felineforlorn
02-24-2009, 05:00 AM
Hi, So I read during that call Ron is heard in the background saying SS to - the lock was sideways.

I can't visualize that unless he is talking about a padlock. That couldn't be right :confused:

They keep saying deadbolt and when most people hear that they think horizontal slide deadbolt but I betcha this is the style they have, we have this kind, and when it is UNLOCKED it is going straight up and down, and when it is LOCKED it is going sideways (the thing you turn). So he said it was sideways / locked. That's my hypothesis.

http://www.atouchofbrass.com/p-16245-baldwin-bronze-round-deadbolt.aspx

felineforlorn
02-24-2009, 05:04 AM
The door doesn't have to be shut for the knob to be facing sideways, they are pretty springy and if someone came in from a window or was already in the home and did exit thru the back door, they could have turned it just enough to get the door open/unlocked and then it could have sprung back into the lock sideways position even though they didn't pull the door shut behind them. Especially since Ron said theirs was pretty difficult to get open in the first place, rem.

harleysnana
02-24-2009, 01:53 PM

I agree.
If they were not let in then IMO him saying they broke in would be right.

tehcloser
02-24-2009, 02:00 PM
I agree.
If they were not let in then IMO him saying they broke in would be right.

I would have agreed if not for the way they went on and on about being sure the door was locked.

LaLaw2000
02-24-2009, 02:02 PM
I wonder if the door is metal as in most mobile homes. Also, I wonder if LE has had the owners in the home to see if everything is as it was when it was rented to Ronald. Ronald (or someone) had stated the door dragged when opened to the point you would have to lift up when closing and locking it. I would like to know if the owners were aware of that.

So many questions and NO answers!

cajun
02-24-2009, 02:55 PM
They keep saying deadbolt and when most people hear that they think horizontal slide deadbolt but I betcha this is the style they have, we have this kind, and when it is UNLOCKED it is going straight up and down, and when it is LOCKED it is going sideways (the thing you turn). So he said it was sideways / locked. That's my hypothesis.

http://www.atouchofbrass.com/p-16245-baldwin-bronze-round-deadbolt.aspx

That is kind of like the deadbolt on my mobile home but the little knob is different and when it's positioned horizontally it's open and when it's vertical (straight up and down) it's locked. Mine is the same year model and I just looked and it's a Kwikset

http://media.mydoitbest.com/imagerequest.aspx?sku=218723&size=2&warehouse=C&newsize=200

That position above is locked.

Now they could have replaced them sometime in the past with another kind, but I doubt we will ever find out.

bulletgirl2002
02-24-2009, 09:34 PM

Must have been some serious drugs - I got a speeding ticket last year and it was almost $200

CeeKer
02-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Must have been some serious drugs - I got a speeding ticket last year and it was almost $200

I think we could solve a lot of the economic crisis if we put a hefty tax on drug offenses. The $100 fine for the cocaine is just plain wrong... you're right... not even the cost of most speeding tickets. It seems as if the court hearing would cost more than these little fines!!

winterrose
02-25-2009, 03:59 AM
I've been at the BioMom's Dad's ms tonight and thinking about the dogfighting charges,the characters that you could meet at these things.I watched JS in the camo on the GR show,and he was very angry.I know he's a hunter,exmarine and I wonder why crystal was taken to an abandoned house by LE yesterday and asked if anything looked familiar to her.Then LE went to Marcus' house,JS's son and questioned him after Chad was taken to Sheriff's dept.Crystal said it wasn't Chad that Ronald told he was 75% sure who had Haleigh,but it was Marcus,but on GR show,she said both and GR asked Chad and he said Ronald did ask him that.Crystal has the charge of the false complaint against Ronald,so there are questions to be asked.

winterrose
02-25-2009, 04:07 AM
And the 2-10-09 Contempt of Court. $325.00 per month is the payment. Not certain of the backpay she owed.This was Monday day before Haleigh was taken,I wonder,could someone have planned to make Ronald look bad?Really bad,bad enough to make him lose custody and this custody battle has went on for three years,Crystal owing $325 a month and not being able to pay it.She has a new baby,getting ready to be married.People are focused at them living an hour away,they have relatives right in Satsuma.

CeeKer
02-25-2009, 07:07 AM
Someone posted this on the NG thread last night:
http://www.clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/845635/haleigh_s_family_speaks

Usually in this case I can think of a couple difference scenarios for pretty much everything, but I'm really confused by this report that Crystal was taken by LE to an abandoned house. Can anyone think of reasons for this, anything on either side of the argument??

CeeKer
02-25-2009, 07:14 AM
I've never been exactly sure about the family connection with Chad to Crystal but here's the definitive answer. He is Crystal's stepbrother.

Haleigh's maternal grandmother, Marie Griffis, said Chad Griffis has nothing to hide. Marie Griffis is also Chad Griffis' stepmother.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29350525/

mydailyopinions
02-25-2009, 07:30 AM
And the 2-10-09 Contempt of Court. $325.00 per month is the payment. Not certain of the backpay she owed.This was Monday day before Haleigh was taken,I wonder,could someone have planned to make Ronald look bad?Really bad,bad enough to make him lose custody and this custody battle has went on for three years,Crystal owing $325 a month and not being able to pay it.She has a new baby,getting ready to be married.People are focused at them living an hour away,they have relatives right in Satsuma.

The first video in today's news, the anchor says she is 4100.00 behind in payments. That is a full year I believe that she is behind on.

tehcloser
02-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Someone posted this on the NG thread last night:
http://www.clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/845635/haleigh_s_family_speaks

Usually in this case I can think of a couple difference scenarios for pretty much everything, but I'm really confused by this report that Crystal was taken by LE to an abandoned house. Can anyone think of reasons for this, anything on either side of the argument??

I have been pondering this since I found it at 3:30 this morning. Did LE think at some point Haleigh was there, and took Crystal just to see her reaction? Have they took anyone else to the house? From watching the video, I think they took her and brought her right back? IDK, this is yet another thing that brings up more questions than answers. Could Haleigh have said they played around there and they wanted to see if Crystal recognized anything that Haleigh had mentioned?

CeeKer
02-25-2009, 07:37 AM
The first video in today's news, the anchor says she is 4100.00 behind in payments. That is a full year I believe that she is behind on.

Wow, I was really leaning toward the fact that Crystal owing the child support and that contempt hearing didn't really "mean" anything in this case... But jeeze louise, that IS a chunk of change!

CeeKer
02-25-2009, 07:41 AM
I have been pondering this since I found it at 3:30 this morning. Did LE think at some point Haleigh was there, and took Crystal just to see her reaction? Have they took anyone else to the house? From watching the video, I think they took her and brought her right back? IDK, this is yet another thing that brings up more questions than answers. Could Haleigh have said they played around there and they wanted to see if Crystal recognized anything that Haleigh had mentioned?

I'm confounded about this one! Since Crystal didn't live around there, and didn't know Haleigh's day to day activities/clothes/toys/habits when she was at Ron's (I would presume, or at least she couldn't know much) this leaves me totally stumped! Wouldn't LE bring Dad or Misty if they found something?? The only thing I'm thinking is maybe the media just got it "wrong".

tehcloser
02-25-2009, 07:44 AM
I'm confounded about this one! Since Crystal didn't live around there, and didn't know Haleigh's day to day activities/clothes/toys/habits when she was at Ron's (I would presume, or at least she couldn't know much) this leaves me totally stumped! Wouldn't LE bring Dad or Misty if they found something?? The only thing I'm thinking is maybe the media just got it "wrong".

If they got it wrong, and it was say Misty they took there....well...IDK. I wonder how far this house is from their trailer?

ETA...Crystal's Dad lives close, wonder if the house was around his place?

CeeKer
02-25-2009, 07:52 AM
If they got it wrong, and it was say Misty they took there....well...IDK. I wonder how far this house is from their trailer?

I went back and tried to look through the original discussion threads where people had pointed out abandoned properties but I gave trying to figure it out since there seemed to be a lot in the area.

What seems a little strange to me is: It seemed LE was leaving Crystal's side alone pretty much, it took so long for the polys, etc. Then we had GR interview and more "activity" surrounding them happened. At first I thought it was just to get info on Ron, etc. not that they were being looked at. But now I'm confused... taking Crystal to the abandoned house, the fact that it's come out she owes soo much money... IDK. I wonder if LE became more suspicious of them because of something they said in the GR interviews... I'm totally confused.

CeeKer
02-25-2009, 07:56 AM

ETA...Crystal's Dad lives close, wonder if the house was around his place?

Good point about the Dad... esp. after talking about him last nite on the NG thread... I'm having a hard time with this because I pushed that side out of mind as any kind of suspects (I have no idea why LOL)... I don't even think I knew the dad lived that close to Cummings until yesterday, for some reason I never retained that info in my head.

Kat
02-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Wow, I was really leaning toward the fact that Crystal owing the child support and that contempt hearing didn't really "mean" anything in this case... But jeeze louise, that IS a chunk of change!

I knew she was behind enough for the court to make a ruling of contempt. I didn't know the exact figure.

I have several theories of why Haleigh disappeared. None include a RSO or SO abduction.

My theory that would involve Bio-mom and/or family is that because the custody of the children has been so long and somewhat bitter.

That she arranged for Haleigh to be elsewhere. Part of that plan would be for her to get Jr. by default. She would move with her new husband possibly and live with all of her children.

She didn't anticipate all the media coverage. It's rare that cases become high profile. Children disappear every day. In fact, just lately we've seen that a brother and sister who had been abducted by their grandfather were just located after twenty years missing.

This is the best scenario for Haleigh's disappearance. I pray that this is what has happened. Because if it has, I feel in from the bottom of my heart that bio-mom would have her in a safe place. I dont' doubt she loves her child.

There have been comments made to the media by bio-mom's Mother that have caught my eye lately. Saying that she feels Haleigh is out of state, that she is well and she is being taken care of, in fact yesterday she said it didnt' bother her at all that the searches have been called off.

If we look at those statements being made, and the theory I outlined loosely above. Haleigh just may be safe and alive and family does know that is okay.

*fingers crossed*

blubuni99
02-25-2009, 08:13 AM
I knew she was behind enough for the court to make a ruling of contempt. I didn't know the exact figure.

I have several theories of why Haleigh disappeared. None include a RSO or SO abduction.

My theory that would involve Bio-mom and/or family is that because the custody of the children has been so long and somewhat bitter.

That she arranged for Haleigh to be elsewhere. Part of that plan would be for her to get Jr. by default. She would move with her new husband possibly and live with all of her children.

She didn't anticipate all the media coverage. It's rare that cases become high profile. Children disappear every day. In fact, just lately we've seen that a brother and sister who had been abducted by their grandfather were just located after twenty years missing.

This is the best scenario for Haleigh's disappearance. I pray that this is what has happened. Because if it has, I feel in from the bottom of my heart that bio-mom would have her in a safe place. I dont' doubt she loves her child.

There have been comments made to the media by bio-mom's Mother that have caught my eye lately. Saying that she feels Haleigh is out of state, that she is well and she is being taken care of, in fact yesterday she said it didnt' bother her at all that the searches have been called off.

If we look at those statements being made, and the theory I outlined loosely above. Haleigh just may be safe and alive and family does know that is okay.

*fingers crossed*

I hope you're right. :praying:

tehcloser
02-25-2009, 08:15 AM
I was having a glimpse at what the primates were pondering and I saw this theory. Morphine suckers were mentioned, yes on "he who is at at larges show" but still, what if Haleigh found one, would that be enough to kill a child?

Tichad3
02-25-2009, 08:18 AM

*fingers crossed*

I agree with this and I'm hoping it's right.:blowkiss:

CeeKer
02-25-2009, 08:20 AM

*fingers crossed*

You make a lot of sense. It would explain a lot about their demeanor. I was chalking up the fact that they didn't seem as emotionally invested/upset about this to the fact that they either handled grief different or weren't as "connected" to Haleight. But now... IDK!! She was around $4000 behind in the child support.

SS has been leaning this way too I think and some others. There was a lot of discussion about bio family/possible involvement at the end of the NG thread from last night.

Kat
02-25-2009, 08:21 AM
I was having a glimpse at what the primates were pondering and I saw this theory. Morphine suckers were mentioned, yes on "he who is at at larges show" but still, what if Haleigh found one, would that be enough to kill a child?

I don't know about morphine suckers or the dosage amount that would be dangerous for a child of Haleigh's weight. I suppose we could sleuth that for our general knowledge!

Kat
02-25-2009, 08:26 AM
You make a lot of sense. It would explain a lot about their demeanor. I was chalking up the fact that they didn't seem as emotionally invested/upset about this to the fact that they either handled grief different or weren't as "connected" to Haleight. But now... IDK!! She was around $4000 behind in the child support.

SS has been leaning this way too I think and some others. There was a lot of discussion about bio family/possible involvement at the end of the NG thread from last night.

Thank you CeeKer, I wasn't on last night after NG and didn't check this morning. I will go and read.

About the bio-mom's demeanor. Last night was the first time that I had seen her cry. Real tears running down her face. But, she distracted me with a constant blinking of her eyes. Something wasn't right.

Prior to that she has had what could be seen as a very flat affect. Rather than say it was prior use of drugs or current use, she may very well know that Haleigh is safe and she may very well know where and why.

Just my speculation. My humble opinion. She's not an actress. She might be slightly manipulative, but aren't we all at certain times in our lives? Just saying, she is who she is and she does love that baby and I hope and pray that this is the scenario because then I really do believe that Haleigh is safe and sound. This might be why LE is using the word recovery now. Not to recover a deceased child. To recover a missing child.

CeeKer
02-25-2009, 08:29 AM

Definitely possible... although, I don't know.. LOL (that seems to be my phrase of the morning). I guess it wouldn't "shock" me if Haleigh got into something and something happened on Misty's watch... I did think it was "odd" that they mentioned the morphine "pops", I think, more than once and seemed to emphasize it... which made me suspicious of what they were saying EDITED TO ADD: like they were trying too hard to prove their point or something

kikid
02-25-2009, 08:34 AM

this really doesn't seem rationally thought out to me. Even with haleigh missing bio mom still owes that money, the debt isn't going away just because the child is. The only way the debt could be forgiven is if bio dad signed papers waiving it - which she herself has made the chances of happening slim to none with her talking about Ron as she has.

I doubt this would be done for custody either, as there is absolutely no way of knowing if a judge would give her custody of JR even if Ron is found unfit for some reason to keep custody.

also adding - bio mom & family know Haleigh has serious health issues and would at some point need to seek medical care, which makes it unlikely they'd take her and try to hide her forever.

just thinking outloud

CajunGirl
02-25-2009, 08:35 AM

*fingers crossed*

ding ding ding ... this is my exact feeling! CS never thought for one moment that it would have gotten this much publicity...especially with it being the same day as poor lil Caylee's memorial services... I mean seriously....

blubuni99
02-25-2009, 08:36 AM
this really doesn't seem rationally thought out to me. Even with haleigh missing bio mom still owes that money, the debt isn't going away just because the child is. The only way the debt could be forgiven is if bio dad signed papers waiving it - which she herself has made the chances of happening slim to none with her talking about Ron as she has.

I doubt this would be done for custody either, as there is absolutely no way of knowing if a judge would give her custody of JR even if Ron is found unfit for some reason to keep custody.

also adding - bio mom & family know Haleigh has serious health issues and would at some point need to seek medical care, which makes it unlikely they'd take her and try to hide her forever.

just thinking outloud

Well, not all plans are good ones. :D

tehcloser
02-25-2009, 08:39 AM
ding ding ding ... this is my exact feeling! CS never thought for one moment that it would have gotten this much publicity...especially with it being the same day as poor lil Caylee's memorial services... I mean seriously....

But I see it as the opposite...becuse it was on that day...it got more attention. When this story broke, that was most of the media's lead-in. On the day of blah blah blah...When I first thought it might be a hoax, I was thinking they picked that day to get attention. KWIM?

aprilshowers
02-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Thank you CeeKer, I wasn't on last night after NG and didn't check this morning. I will go and read.

About the bio-mom's demeanor. Last night was the first time that I had seen her cry. Real tears running down her face. But, she distracted me with a constant blinking of her eyes. Something wasn't right.

Prior to that she has had what could be seen as a very flat affect. Rather than say it was prior use of drugs or current use, she may very well know that Haleigh is safe and she may very well know where and why.

Just my speculation. My humble opinion. She's not an actress. She might be slightly manipulative, but aren't we all at certain times in our lives? Just saying, she is who she is and she does love that baby and I hope and pray that this is the scenario because then I really do believe that Haleigh is safe and sound. This might be why LE is using the word recovery now. Not to recover a deceased child. To recover a missing child.

All along, my observation has been, bio-mom's demeanor and reactions, have been VERY flat and unconcerned. I would be SICK with worry and stressed out to the max by now, she's just so 'poker faced' as I would call it, TOO calm. MOO

CeeKer
02-25-2009, 08:43 AM

just thinking outloud

bio mom & family know Haleigh has serious health issues and would at some point need to seek medical care,

Seems unlikely to me that that would be an issue to them since Bio Mom missed 12 drs. appts for Haleigh and 1 for JR, as proven in the custody document.

this really doesn't seem rationally thought out to me.

Well that's your perogative. LOL! But sometimes, I know at least with me, I discount probative details in this case, based on which way I'm leaning. I prefer to think I'm open to all theorys, not just the ones I personally believe.

Even with haleigh missing bio mom still owes that money,

Yes but a reporter stated this in one of the lastest news reports "the child support hearing has been put on hold indefinitely. hmmm

CajunGirl
02-25-2009, 08:44 AM
But I see it as the opposite...becuse it was on that day...it got more attention. When this story broke, that was most of the media's lead-in. On the day of blah blah blah...When I first thought it might be a hoax, I was thinking they picked that day to get attention. KWIM?

I see what you're saying... I think it could go either way... My feeling is that CS and/or family of CS probably thought RC would have called them right off the bat to "blame them" ...especially if there were custody issues. Last night I suggested that maybe...just maybe... someone knew Misty wasn't home or something... proving a point to RC...taking the child. I don't think they believed they would get the attention that they have. The grandmothers comment make me very very very sceptical. I don't trust her...

CeeKer
02-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Well, not all plans are good ones. :D

LOL! Oh so true!

Kat
02-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Right and I respect that it isn't the most rational explanation. It's just a loose theory of mine, one of a few, this one just involves the bio-mom and family is why I posted it here.

About rationality, well desperate times can call for desperate measures and those measures are not always thought out and completely rational.

Having lived on edge of poverty for a good measure of my life I can make the comment that they back pay would not be a factor in this. The expression I always heard used was "you can't get blood out of a turnip". The laws have changed now that you can put the turnip in jail though when it concerns child support. Nope I don't think this was about the money. This was about the kids and the fight that has been ongoing for many years. A very contentious fight.

Haleigh's health issue. Medical care can be sought just about anywhere or as we have seen ignored.

I appreciate all of the counter reasons this would not be a valid theory. That way we can change it and adjust it until either it won't fit or it does fit well enough to ease our minds about Haleigh's welfare.

CeeKer
02-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Right and I respect that it isn't the most rational explanation. It's just a loose theory of mine, one of a few, this one just involves the bio-mom and family is why I posted it here.

About rationality, well desperate times can call for desperate measures and those measures are not always thought out and completely rational.

Having lived on edge of poverty for a good measure of my life I can make the comment that they back pay would not be a factor in this. The expression I always heard used was "you can't get blood out of a turnip". The laws have changed now that you can put the turnip in jail though when it concerns child support. Nope I don't think this was about the money. This was about the kids and the fight that has been ongoing for many years. A very contentious fight.

Haleigh's health issue. Medical care can be sought just about anywhere or as we have seen ignored.

I appreciate all of the counter reasons this would not be a valid theory. That way we can change it and adjust it until either it won't fit or it does fit well enough to ease our minds about Haleigh's welfare.

I think it's beneficial to our "sleuthing" to work out all theorys. For people with open minds, even if the theory is eventually disgarded, a lot of useful info is discussed... And sometimes the info we learn can be recalled at another time in another theory.

RoseRed
02-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Well in the very beginning, LE was asked if DCFS had been called to the Cummings home and did it involve RC, Haleigh and the GrandPA? LE I believe answered yes. I have always thought the GrandPa was JS and have been suspicious of Bio Mom and her family for that reason.

Although I am still eating grilled CROW from the Caylee case. I am still a little suspicious of the Bio-Mom family.

blubuni99
02-25-2009, 09:15 AM
who is JS? - never mind, I figured it out. What is so special going on about him? I've been seeing him mentioned but I hadn't before recently, is why I'm wondering.

CeeKer
02-25-2009, 09:23 AM
I was just looking on the Media Links and a link to this website was posted:

http://www.youtube.com/user/visitpalatkadotcom

I just wanted to go back in light of the new sleuthing and watch more video of Crystal's family. There's some video here I hadn't seen, and some behind the scenes footage of the Geraldo interview. Just thought I'd share. Haven't found anything exciting yet... well except for Geraldo asking Crystal if she wanted "to go sit in the limo". She declined LOL

Littleone48
02-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Before I post my thoughts please bear in mind that I have had way too much coffee this morning...so this may be "out" there but a thought I have had for awhile.

Bio Mom's Boyfriend: Is there a chance that he had her taken because of the back support owed? Maybe even sold her?

That would explain the Gma thinking she was in Ga or Tenn. I mean she is married to Chad's father. It's a family thing :)

On GR it was said the RC told Chad that he was 75% sure he knew who took Haleigh but now it's someone else he told?

He gives me the willies....IMO

But that still leaves why Jr wasn't taken? It's the whole unemotional thing that bothers me. The GR thing really really bothers me. Not once did she plead, ask, hold a sign up for the return of Haleigh. She made is about her and RC YEARS ago..

Kat
02-25-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm not comfortable with someone sold Haleigh. If bio-mom's side of the family had anything to do with this, I don't think that Haleigh would have been sold. Just my two cents. FWIW :) But if this might have happened (I'm not saying that it did, just threw a theory out there for us to play with :)) I would think that Haleigh is in a safe place. There may be bitterness and contention between bio-mom and RC but I do believe both loved her to the best of their abilities (even if I, personally, think that some of the life choices weren't in her best interest).

I have other theories but those do not have a positive outcome for Haleigh, I'm not ready to work those through enough yet to post them.

Go going CeeKer let me know if anything stands out to you! :)

Busylady
02-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Court documents show Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, is behind in child support by about $4,100.

A motion was filed by the state's Department of Revenue on Ronald Cummings' behalf against Sheffield for contempt. It was dated February 3rd, a week before Haleigh disappeared.

A hearing was set for Sheffield for March 27.

Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, told first Coast News he received a copy of the document about the hearing the day before Haleigh vanished. Cummings appeared frustrated about the timing of the document's arrival and his daughter's disappearance.

Sheffield's mother, Marie Griffis, said her daughter did not want to discuss the issue.

Last week, on February 16th, the state signed a dismissal document which cancelled the child support contempt of court hearing until Haleigh is found. The dismissal document was filed in the Putnam County Clerk of Courts office Tuesday.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132134&catid=3

Law_girl41
02-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Bolded: I have not seen anything on camera regarding that. However, that does not mean it hasnt been going around thru the famlies discussions amongst themselves.

That said- If you listen to Crystals mother explain the story behind the incident- you will hear her clearly say that the incident was brought into the custody hearings, and she says RC blames Crystal for that incident in court.

I agree about context, but I will NOT compare the mothers family to another case. It's demeaning. This is a different family with different issues and totally different dynamics.

BetsyB
02-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Bolded: I have not seen anything on camera regarding that. However, that does not mean it hasnt been going around thru the famlies discussions amongst themselves.

That said- If you listen to Crystals mother explain the story behind the incident- you will hear her clearly say that the incident was brought into the custody hearings, and she says RC blames Crystal for that incident in court.

I agree about context, but I will NOT compare the mothers family to another case. It's demeaning. This is a different family with different issues and totally different dynamics.
I believe we're seeing a good deal of displaced anger toward the biomom and her family because of the other case. It strikes me as very interesting that the same scrutiny is not being applied, by many, to RC.

I really do not think that we're dealing with plotters and connivers here. Clearly, there are relationship issues, legal issues, and substance abuse issues. Those may or may not be germane to the case. I guess we won't know until more comes to light about Haleigh's disappearance.

To ascribe to either side of the family characteristics we've seen elsewhere is misguided, IMO. As is turning a blind eye to the faults of one side in favor of disemboweling the other. It's as though RC's display of emotion so salved our souls after months of observing a remorseless killer that we assume he must be faultless.

Kind of fuzzy logic, IMO. There's plenty to be scrutinized all around. But plotting and conniving are not, I don't think, part of the schemata.

Law_girl41
02-25-2009, 09:57 AM
He gives me the willies....IMO

But that still leaves why Jr wasn't taken? It's the whole unemotional thing that bothers me. The GR thing really really bothers me. Not once did she plead, ask, hold a sign up for the return of Haleigh. She made is about her and RC YEARS ago..

respectfully snipped by me:
who gives you the willies and can you emphasize on why?

Bolded by me: that statement right there would negate any reason for anyone on the mothers side to kidnap or take haleigh because of back child support owed. Regardless, that money thats in arrerage does not get dismissed because a child is missing or not in the home. And also, the non-custodial parent still has to pay child support for the remaining children as so ordered by the courts. So then, this would not make sense to take one and leave the other, based on back child support owed or ordered.

Kat
02-25-2009, 10:03 AM
respectfully snipped by me:
who gives you the willies and can you emphasize on why?

Bolded by me: that statement right there would negate any reason for anyone on the mothers side to kidnap or take haleigh because of back child support owed. Regardless, that money thats in arrerage does not get dismissed because a child is missing or not in the home. And also, the non-custodial parent still has to pay child support for the remaining children as so ordered by the courts. So then, this would not make sense to take one and leave the other, based on back child support owed or ordered.

Okay now that is a very good reason. Why not take Jr. too. I retract my loose theory that Bio-mom could have wanted Haleigh so bad, and loved Haleigh so much, that she could have potentially arranged for Haleigh to be moved to a safe place.

I was hoping that the theory would float. Because I want so desperatly to believe that she could be alive and well.

Now I will go back to the other theories that I have in the works. All result with a deceased Haleigh :(

Law_girl41
02-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Okay now that is a very good reason. Why not take Jr. too. I retract my loose theory that Bio-mom could have wanted Haleigh so bad, and loved Haleigh so much, that she could have potentially arranged for Haleigh to be moved to a safe place.

I was hoping that the theory would float. Because I want so desperatly to believe that she could be alive and well.

Now I will go back to the other theories that I have in the works. All result with a deceased Haleigh :(

It's okay Kat. I've had different thoughts on my mind for this case. I have to separate the facts from the spin before I can put it in that "theory box in my brain". It's probably very easy for some to get lost in emotions about cases like these...which is why I dont hit that post button on everything that comes to me. :D

CeeKer
02-25-2009, 10:12 AM

http://www.fox30online.com/mostpopular/story/2005-Documents-Claim-Haleigh-Cummings-Wandered-Off/ecfIOIQdpEyY0r9dGW3W-A.cspx

I just re-read the custody hearing document (Document 1). Contrary to what Bio g'ma says it was not brought up in the hearing at all. I may have missed it, but I don't think so... Therefore my opinion and conclusion remains: she doesn't tell the truth based on her misleading, or even sometimes false allegations. IMO she is indeed someone who has a problem not spinning events to suit her own agenda... like the A's. If you feel it's demeaning, that's your perogative.

CeeKer
02-25-2009, 10:17 AM
I believe we're seeing a good deal of displaced anger toward the biomom and her family because of the other case. It strikes me as very interesting that the same scrutiny is not being applied, by many, to RC.

I really do not think that we're dealing with plotters and connivers here. Clearly, there are relationship issues, legal issues, and substance abuse issues. Those may or may not be germane to the case. I guess we won't know until more comes to light about Haleigh's disappearance.

To ascribe to either side of the family characteristics we've seen elsewhere is misguided, IMO. As is turning a blind eye to the faults of one side in favor of disemboweling the other. It's as though RC's display of emotion so salved our souls after months of observing a remorseless killer that we assume he must be faultless.

Kind of fuzzy logic, IMO. There's plenty to be scrutinized all around. But plotting and conniving are not, I don't think, part of the schemata.

I respect your opinion, but I, as well, am entitled to mine.