PDA

View Full Version : Ron C. #2

Pages : [1] 2

Tom'sGirl
02-27-2009, 05:25 PM
***Notice***

No posting of random names or RUMORS you may have found/read on the Internet. This includes links to random MySpace pages.

Busylady
02-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Not sure where to post this and it may have already been posted. I think this is a video put together by KFN (barbibabies) Has some great pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPfuhDG-OM

tehcloser
02-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Not sure where to post this and it may have already been posted. I think this is a video put together by KFN (barbibabies) Has some great pictures.

KFN as in kid finders??????????????? :eek:

Seahorseladydi
02-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Ok, I am sure everyone has seen this interview.... but I just watched it.... and WOWSIER! it is the GVS interview

Ron is "coaching" her the whole way thru.... she is ummm, ahhhh, shifitng eyes..... WOW!

I am trying to go back over things to look at it with open eyes again.....maybe something was missed..

here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-z6jX8Xvmc

winterrose
02-27-2009, 05:39 PM

My daughter and I just watched that,it made us cry,what a beautiful beautiful child.She always looks so happy in pictures with her Daddy.Please Lord,bring her home.

Busylady
02-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Go to this site http://bringhaleighhome.com/ which is done by KFN click the email contact button and the email addy is barbibabies.

KFN as in kid finders??????????????? :eek:

winterrose
02-27-2009, 05:42 PM
It doesn't matter who posted the video,and I so understand what you're saying about the who,but they are beautiful pictures of Haleigh and Ron,I've not seen these pics,any of Haleigh and Crystal anywhere?

tehcloser
02-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Go to this site http://bringhaleighhome.com/ which is done by KFN click the email contact button and the email addy is barbibabies.

OMG. Some of those pics I have not seen has anyone else? I thoufght TN said they did not work with KFN....how did thet get pics if not?

Busylady
02-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Oh I agree, I was actually trying to give them credit for putting together such a beautiful video. The video just breaks my heart decorating the Christmas tree.

It doesn't matter who posted the video,and I so understand what you're saying about the who,but they are beautiful pictures of Haleigh and Ron,I've not seen these pics,any of Haleigh and Crystal anywhere?

tehcloser
02-27-2009, 05:44 PM

It matters if someone said they were not working with them, and it turns out they are. I would think.

winterrose
02-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Ok, I am sure everyone has seen this interview.... but I just watched it.... and WOWSIER! it is the GVS interview

Ron is "coaching" her the whole way thru.... she is ummm, ahhhh, shifitng eyes..... WOW!

I am trying to go back over things to look at it with open eyes again.....maybe something was missed..

here is the link:

Maybe because she hadn't been on national tv before and she was scared.I was just on the phone to make a comment on HLN before and I was so nervous,I don't think I said what I wanted to say and hoped I didn't sound like an idiot.:)

Busylady
02-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Its the first time I had seen alot of them. I have no clue if they were pulled from a photo bucket account on the net or given to them by family. It was posted 2/23 from what I can tell.

OMG. Some of those pics I have not seen has anyone else? I thoufght TN said they did not work with KFN....how did thet get pics if not?

winterrose
02-27-2009, 05:47 PM
I know what you mean though,I did the same thing after the GR show and I completely changed my mind,it sure opened my eyes to motive and if nothing else the driving purpose with some family members.

radio
02-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Maybe because she hadn't been on national tv before and she was scared.I was just on the phone to make a comment on HLN before and I was so nervous,I don't think I said what I wanted to say and hoped I didn't sound like an idiot.:)

They need to do themselves a favor and keep
Misty OFF tv.

winterrose
02-27-2009, 05:49 PM
They need to do themselves a favor and keep
Misty OFF tv.

True that..

kellync
02-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Isnt this lil development (KFN) interesting?

Kat
02-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Aww that video is beautiful. Thank you for posting the link.

I'm staying mum on the lil development.

tehcloser
02-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Isnt this lil development (KFN) interesting?

:silenced:

kellync
02-27-2009, 06:57 PM
O.K. I'll bite. If there is a website with the same contact info (Bank Of America) as the Cummings family has given out to the media, and it is a find Haleigh site, are we not to talk about it because it is KFN, or because of some other reason I am not aware of? I have read the terms of service, long and short version, and I dont get it. If someone would kindly pm me and fill me in, that would be appreciated. I dont want to be timed out or banned, but I dont understand why this is off limits. It is not rumor or gossip, it is "out there" ...Thanks in advance, sorry if I have offended or violated rules in any way.

tehcloser
02-27-2009, 07:05 PM
O.K. I'll bite. If there is a website with the same contact info (Bank Of America) as the Cummings family has given out to the media, and it is a find Haleigh site, are we not to talk about it because it is KFN, or because of some other reason I am not aware of? I have read the terms of service, long and short version, and I dont get it. If someone would kindly pm me and fill me in, that would be appreciated. I dont want to be timed out or banned, but I dont understand why this is off limits. It is not rumor or gossip, it is "out there" ...Thanks in advance, sorry if I have offended or violated rules in any way.

As far as I know we can talk about KFN....and the rest of what you mentioned. KFN just makes my blood pressure go up is why I shut my mouth...lol:crazy:

Indiana at Heart
02-27-2009, 07:08 PM

I have no clue either. I think if its public we can talk about it. I don't want to get banned. I've been good I think.

kellync
02-27-2009, 07:25 PM
As far as I know we can talk about KFN....and the rest of what you mentioned. KFN just makes my blood pressure go up is why I shut my mouth...lol:crazy:
I did some old post researching, and I got it now. Thanks

samsmom02
02-27-2009, 07:30 PM

here is the link:

I took his comments to her as they were having trouble hearing the questions and he was trying relay them? I did not see any major coaching.

kellync
02-27-2009, 07:33 PM
I took his comments to her as they were having trouble hearing the questions and he was trying relay them? I did not see any major coaching.
He told her how far apart she and Haleigh were sleeping. He wasnt there. How did he know? Misty gave an answer, and he corrected her. I noticed he watched her from the corner of his eyes for a period of time. May mean nothing, but it was a strange interview, IMO

Isabella
02-27-2009, 07:39 PM
For all the negative comments ive read about Ron Haleigh sure looked a very happy little girl to me

Capri
02-27-2009, 07:40 PM

kFN??? not again, how disappointing

aprilshowers
02-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Do any of you think it's strange ... now that it's been so long and LE has released the house, that RC STILL doesn't want to go in?

Capri
02-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Do any of you think it's strange ... now that it's been so long and LE has released the house, that RC STILL doesn't want to go in?
not me. i wouldn't want io.

kidz110
02-27-2009, 07:53 PM
I do. I couldn't wait to be able to go in my sister's house and be near her things and try to feel her presence. I just wanted to wrap myself up in everything that was hers. I knew she wasn't coming back, but if I thought she was, I would have wanted to keep everything there for her.

Sdavidson11
02-27-2009, 07:56 PM

As a crime victim of a kidnapping and rape by a man that escaped from prison and broke into our house, I did not go back into the house. It was put up for sale, family moved everything to storage and it still bothers me when I drive by the area that the house is located in. It is not strange that RC doesn't want to go back, I completely understand!

PinkyPoo
02-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Everyone deals with these things in thier own way. It's really not fair to say one way or another is wrong. To each his own.

aprilshowers
02-27-2009, 08:05 PM
I do. I couldn't wait to be able to go in my sister's house and be near her things and try to feel her presence. I just wanted to wrap myself up in everything that was hers. I knew she wasn't coming back, but if I thought she was, I would have wanted to keep everything there for her.

Me too! Especially CS ... you'd think she would for sure, want to go inside and just look around, hug her clothes, etc. .... of course, maybe RC doesn't want her in there.

But yeah, I understand a wee bit, but it just seems odd to me, that he won't even go inside at all.

aprilshowers
02-27-2009, 08:06 PM
As a crime victim of a kidnapping and rape by a man that escaped from prison and broke into our house, I did not go back into the house. It was put up for sale, family moved everything to storage and it still bothers me when I drive by the area that the house is located in. It is not strange that RC doesn't want to go back, I completely understand!

Well, I can understand that instance, since it was rape inside the house (I'm assuming), but I guess I'm not understanding this.

aprilshowers
02-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Everyone deals with these things in thier own way. It's really not fair to say one way or another is wrong. To each his own.

Of course everyone does .. and I'm not really saying if it's 'fair' or not, I'm just asking .. if anybody found it strange in any way.

kidz110
02-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Nobody is saying what's right or wrong. aprilshowers just asked if anyone else found it strange.

I'm so sorry that you had to go through such a horrific experience, Sdavidson11. I don't have words. :blowkiss:

CajunGirl
02-27-2009, 08:31 PM
that photo video was so sweet... i just balled my lil eyes out...what a sweet smile... i love that pic of her when shes smiling all big and her eyes are lit up... they showed it twice...

ladonna
02-27-2009, 08:32 PM

Since you first posted this, Dennis has removed the front page that asked for donations. Did you happen to save it. Very important that I find his Donation Page for Haleigh.

CajunGirl
02-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Since you first posted this, Dennis has removed the front page that asked for donations. Did you happen to save it. Very important that I find his Donation Page for Haleigh.

where would that have appeared? No one changed that youtube page in the past 3 days...

txsvicki
02-27-2009, 08:41 PM
I don't think it's strange since Ron doesn't own the home and hadn't even lived there very long. It's not like Haleigh was born there and had her own little girl room all her life in that trailer, but it is where something happened . Ron will still have access to Haleigh's toys and stuffed animals when he wants them.

RoseRed
02-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Of course everyone does .. and I'm not really saying if it's 'fair' or not, I'm just asking .. if anybody found it strange in any way.
I don't find it strange at all.

samsmom02
02-27-2009, 09:05 PM

No way would I go in there!

pirate
02-27-2009, 09:06 PM
not me. i wouldn't want io.

No way. I don't blame him one bit for not wanting to spend another night there. Ever.

pirate
02-27-2009, 09:08 PM

I think your situation was different- being near her things is comforting. But if her home was the scene of the crime and you had to live there it might have been different.

I SO admire your strength, Kidz. That must have been awful.

Indiana at Heart
02-27-2009, 09:14 PM

What a sweet video. She is one happy little girl! Ron loves that little girl and I believe he didn't have anything to do with this!!!

petresq_algc
02-27-2009, 09:18 PM
No way. I don't blame him one bit for not wanting to spend another night there. Ever.

IA. I would never step foot in that house again.

Tichad3
02-27-2009, 09:19 PM

I usually don't find it strange. Which means that most of the time I can understand that he doesn't want to go into his home and "picture" Haleigh being kidnapped by an unknown someone.

But also sometimes, I catch myself wondering if something else happened in there that he don't want reminded of. I don't think this often, but it slips into my complicated mind once in a while.:crazy:

tiredofthis
02-27-2009, 09:20 PM

I am so sorry.

petresq_algc
02-27-2009, 09:22 PM
What a sweet video. She is one happy little girl! Ron loves that little girl and I believe he didn't have anything to do with this!!!

Such a beautifully done video. What a gorgeous and happy little girl. There is no way I could picture RC having anything to do with her disappearance. He looks like those kids are his world. For that reason, I can't imagine him suspecting Misty. IMO, if he had, she would have been dealt with before the cops got there.

radio
02-27-2009, 09:26 PM

Very sweet video footage. Another August baby. Sad.

Busylady
02-27-2009, 09:29 PM
I must of missed it I never say a donation request page in the video? I did not save the video, just posted because I thought they were beautiful pictures that showed a happy little girl.

passionflower
02-27-2009, 09:40 PM

I have to say that I know several people that would not enter a home after a loved one died. If I thought someone killed or hurt my child in that house, I would be one that could not go back in. It would KILL ME to see all the HAPPY TOYS, CLOTHES. I have always said "How in the world can the A family stay in that house with all Caylee's things!" Same goes for Haleigh.
I would be haunted for life, grieving is bad enough. RC rents, he can move any time. Family can help him. I WOULD stay in the RV though in case Haleigh could get free and come home, I know it won't come true. IMOO

cajun
02-27-2009, 10:04 PM

What a cutie patootie she is and she is truly one happy child

KFN, why did they put out this video..thought they got sent packing?

Tom'sGirl
02-27-2009, 10:07 PM
What a cutie patootie she is and she is truly one happy child

KFN, why did they put out this video..thought they got sent packing?
Are we sure this video poster who only joined this month is affiliated with KFN?

Lexington
02-27-2009, 10:09 PM
I can understand Ron not wanting to go back inside the trailer, but does he plan to rent another trailer. If he and his family can't afford to do that, he needs to pull his socks up and return to the trailer and return the camper to the nice person who lent it to him.

Busylady
02-27-2009, 10:10 PM
This is the KFN page for Haleigh, if you click contact the email is the same as the person who posted the youtube video

http://bringhaleighhome.com/

Are we sure this video poster who only joined this month is affiliated with KFN?

cajun
02-27-2009, 10:13 PM

Pretty sure. I think it was in those general disc. threads before the forum. I will try and find where we originally talked about this. :)

cajun
02-27-2009, 10:14 PM
This is the KFN page for Haleigh, if you click contact the email is the same as the person who posted the youtube video

Thanks for finding that so fast. Saved me the trouble. :blowkiss:

Tom'sGirl
02-27-2009, 10:15 PM

Which really isn't conclusive proof though.

Anyone can use that name and if it was the same person IMO there would be many other videos by this YouTube poster don't ya think???

Just thinking and wondering :)

CeeKer
02-27-2009, 10:19 PM
OK nobody jump on me, just throwing this out. But remember the poster that asked TN the other day about KFN and she said they were warned and sent them away, but "she wasn't sure about the "other" camp"... Maybe CS affiliated with KFN? ... I can't watch the video (don't feel like crying tonight) so I don't know what pictures are on there.

cajun
02-27-2009, 10:23 PM
OK nobody jump on me, just throwing this out. But remember the poster that asked TN the other day about KFN and she said they were warned and sent them away, but "she wasn't sure about the "other" camp"... Maybe CS affiliated with KFN? ... I can't watch the video (don't feel like crying tonight) so I don't know what pictures are on there.

pictures of the Cummings side of the family.

chesterp
02-27-2009, 10:27 PM

TN told me KFN/trailer in tow....... were not welcomed by her and RC. Other families warned her about this group, the only reason it was brought up was because the post on the tent had the logo on the poster. She said they came to town with these flyers already printed and had GA not traveled with this DM,trailer and the FLOCK OF MEDIA all over GA, he would have been more than welcomed to stay.

I do feel some sleuther's should investigate if KFN is no longer involved and the BOA account in truly legit and the funds going to all the family. I do not think this family is any mindset to deal with any further fraud since others have already begun taking advantage of them. I would do it, but I am in the middle of a move, so I can not take the time.

cajun
02-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Ok, from what I gathered in reading elsewhere that this is Barbie S. So I google Barbie S. and this is what I found....

Apparently, a hoax website was quickly put up in an effort to make money. A family member said the website is not affiliated in any way with them or the authorities and it’s a scam. The site misspelled Haileigh’s name. ”We are sickened by anybody that would take something that is heart-sickening for our family and try to profit off of it and then stamp the family’s name on it,” Haleigh’s step-great grandmother, Barbie S., said after finding out.
http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/category/florida/

Now I have to find out who the other email addy belongs too that is on that site.

Busylady
02-27-2009, 10:47 PM
The email apparently belongs to Haleighs step paternal great grandmother. Does KFN donate web space to families of missing children and have their logo on there but do not have anything to do with where the money goes?

Which really isn't conclusive proof though.

Anyone can use that name and if it was the same person IMO there would be many other videos by this YouTube poster don't ya think???

Just thinking and wondering :)

aprilshowers
02-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I usually don't find it strange. Which means that most of the time I can understand that he doesn't want to go into his home and "picture" Haleigh being kidnapped by an unknown someone.

But also sometimes, I catch myself wondering if something else happened in there that he don't want reminded of. I don't think this often, but it slips into my complicated mind once in a while.:crazy:

Yes, I will admit, that has crossed my mind too. Like you, a few times, it came to me ... is he just avoiding the place that something happened, and he was there?

aprilshowers
02-27-2009, 10:49 PM
I have to say that I know several people that would not enter a home after a loved one died. If I thought someone killed or hurt my child in that house, I would be one that could not go back in. It would KILL ME to see all the HAPPY TOYS, CLOTHES. I have always said "How in the world can the A family stay in that house with all Caylee's things!" Same goes for Haleigh.
I would be haunted for life, grieving is bad enough. RC rents, he can move any time. Family can help him. I WOULD stay in the RV though in case Haleigh could get free and come home, I know it won't come true. IMOO

But we don't know for sure, if she 'died' in there .. or if she's even gone.

I guess I'm the exception here then, because I WOULD go in, and I would WANT to look around for my own clues, etc ... I would have to go inside, but that's just me.

NRN
02-28-2009, 12:44 AM
To me, it seems more hinky that Ron DOESN'T want to spend any time at the trailer. I know of grieving families who have kept their child's bedroom just as it was the day they died - like a shrine, undisturbed except for dusting. They often get some solace from going into the room, like they can almost feel their child's presence amongst the everyday things they left behind.

I can see how it would be nerve-wracking to sleep there with Jr., I'd be afraid to go to sleep for fear he would be snatched away too.

But not wanting to be around the actual site of her disappearance, because you don't want to be reminded of what happened ... trying to distance yourself from it....?

The landlord might as well let him retain possession for a while, who would want to rent it right now?JMO

yosande
02-28-2009, 02:38 AM
I read through several of the pages of posts for Ron C. and haven't been able to find any info that I'm looking for.
Does anyone know;
DOB
place of birth.
where he lived growing up.
where he went to high school.
where he has lived as an adult.
I'm wondering if there is a connection with someone, which is why I'm looking for the info.
TIA

myshell
02-28-2009, 02:46 AM
Dob 10-29-83

RJA00
02-28-2009, 04:42 AM
To me, it seems more hinky that Ron DOESN'T want to spend any time at the trailer. I know of grieving families who have kept their child's bedroom just as it was the day they died - like a shrine, undisturbed except for dusting. They often get some solace from going into the room, like they can almost feel their child's presence amongst the everyday things they left behind.

I can see how it would be nerve-wracking to sleep there with Jr., I'd be afraid to go to sleep for fear he would be snatched away too.

But not wanting to be around the actual site of her disappearance, because you don't want to be reminded of what happened ... trying to distance yourself from it....?

The landlord might as well let him retain possession for a while, who would want to rent it right now?JMO

That is what I was thinking if it was just Ronald he would probably go back
I could not stay there with another child after one vanished

lighting usually doesn't strike twice but I would never feel safe
I don't blame Ronald one bit

Indiana at Heart
02-28-2009, 08:18 AM
I read on a thread here yesterday, that someone feels that RC is on Meth cause he don't smile and his teeth are rotten. Well one would not be smiling while my daughter was missing and 2 they need to look at that video I see him smiling in every picture. A smile as pretty as Haleigh smile.

Tom's girl if I put this in the wrong place please removed and If I stepped out of line please say so. But for some to say something like that is out of line. I'm going to look for the post, hope I can find it!

ladonna
02-28-2009, 08:43 AM

This is very important to me. I can't open PDF files, can someone post the email addy's that tie KFN into that video.? I'm getting slammed on another board, where someone is saying there is no affliation between the two.

radio
02-28-2009, 08:45 AM
This is very important to me. I can't open PDF files, can someone post the email addy's that tie KFN into that video.? I'm getting slammed on another board, where someone is saying there is no affliation between the two.

barbibabies@aol.com
amrsignman@aol.com

SeriouslySearching
02-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Shouldn't we be discussing KFN here instead of on Ron's thread?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3382900#post3382900

SeriouslySearching
02-28-2009, 09:31 AM
I think Ronald's emotions are too raw to be inside the trailer for the moment. According to TN, Haleigh filled the home with love and laughter and it would feel so empty right now without her. I can understand this. I don't blame him for wanting to be nearby, but not inside the trailer. If she had been taken from anywhere else...he may feel the same way. He is only trying his best to cope right now.

tehcloser
02-28-2009, 09:34 AM

Yeah, probably, but my question was if it was KFN did the pics come from Ron's family? TN said they were not involved with them so I found that interesting. It was more about where the pics came from than funds. So...lol where do it go?

TGIRecovered
02-28-2009, 10:00 AM

Yes, please! This thread is for discussion of Ron, not how sweet Haliegh's pictures are, how much someone hates Misty or Crystal or the Anthonys.

I come here because I am interested in information about Ron C. but the majority of the posts are just chit chat or off topic. There are plenty of threads for other topics, all you have to do is look!

Susan

TxLady2
02-28-2009, 10:13 AM

I agree. I know of no one who has had a problem with staying in their house when a child was kidnapped from there. I would want to stay there or at least close by in case she reappears, just so that she would be able to return to familiar surroundings. In fact, I know people who refused to move after their pet disappeared, in hopes the pet would return home on their own. It's pretty obvious to me that Halieigh did not die in that house, or the LE would have found some evidence of it by now.

cuppy199
02-28-2009, 12:16 PM
I agree. I know of no one who has had a problem with staying in their house when a child was kidnapped from there. I would want to stay there or at least close by in case she reappears, just so that she would be able to return to familiar surroundings. In fact, I know people who refused to move after their pet disappeared, in hopes the pet would return home on their own. It's pretty obvious to me that Halieigh did not die in that house, or the LE would have found some evidence of it by now.

I dont find it hinky or strange. Maybe he doesnt feel safe there now and worries about his son. As far as his daughter returning there he isn't that far away that he wouldn't know. Everyone is different and for what ever reason he doesnt want to return. I personally dont blame him and I wont judge him for that.

Indiana at Heart
02-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Yes, please! This thread is for discussion of Ron, not how sweet Haliegh's pictures are, how much someone hates Misty or Crystal or the Anthonys.

I come here because I am interested in information about Ron C. but the majority of the posts are just chit chat or off topic. There are plenty of threads for other topics, all you have to do is look!

Susan

I only posted about how sweet cause they are of her and RC!!!!

Kat
02-28-2009, 12:35 PM
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/27/ijvm.01.html

The above link is of the JVM show that aired on 27 FEB 09. Comments snipped are from JVM and CAPTAIN DICK SCHAULAND, PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF`S OFFICE the snippets only relate to RC. His entire interview that was given by phone can be seen at the link.

(sorry for the length of this post but I didn't want to edit in order to preserve context)

"VELEZ-MITCHELL: In terms of the family, why the re-interviews over and over again of Misty and Ron and why haven`t any of the immediate family members been excluded as suspects at this point?

SHAULAND: Well, nobody has been excluded as a suspect because we just don`t know what happened to Haleigh. We don`t know anything about her whereabouts. As you can well imagine, somewhere down the line when all likelihood we`ve got a crime involved in the disappearance of Haleigh.

And so we are trying to keep the criminal investigation alive and we`ve not ruled out anybody because we don`t know what the crime is at this point.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I guess --

SHAULAND: As far as --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Just to follow up on that, Captain, quite often in other criminal cases, let`s say when a woman is murdered, usually immediately police look at the significant other, the husband or boyfriend.

And then as his alibi is verified and they find out yes, he was spotted at work at the time, and that person is formally excluded as a suspect, that`s what I`m talking about.

Obviously, for example, Ron`s alibi was that he was at work. And that`s firm, right?

SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and we don`t when it happened."

What do you all make of that comment by the CPT?

kikid
02-28-2009, 12:45 PM

The above link is of the JVM show that aired on 27 FEB 09. Comments snipped are from JVM and CAPTAIN DICK SCHAULAND, PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF`S OFFICE the snippets only relate to RC. His entire interview that was given by phone can be seen at the link.

(sorry for the length of this post but I didn't want to edit in order to preserve context)

"VELEZ-MITCHELL: In terms of the family, why the re-interviews over and over again of Misty and Ron and why haven`t any of the immediate family members been excluded as suspects at this point?

SHAULAND: Well, nobody has been excluded as a suspect because we just don`t know what happened to Haleigh. We don`t know anything about her whereabouts. As you can well imagine, somewhere down the line when all likelihood we`ve got a crime involved in the disappearance of Haleigh.

And so we are trying to keep the criminal investigation alive and we`ve not ruled out anybody because we don`t know what the crime is at this point.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Just to follow up on that, Captain, quite often in other criminal cases, let`s say when a woman is murdered, usually immediately police look at the significant other, the husband or boyfriend.

And then as his alibi is verified and they find out yes, he was spotted at work at the time, and that person is formally excluded as a suspect, that`s what I`m talking about.

Obviously, for example, Ron`s alibi was that he was at work. And that`s firm, right?

SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and we don`t when it happened."

what i make of it is that they are saying Ron's presence at work that night doesn't necessarily absolve him from involvement. Perhaps he went in late, left early or took a long lunch break?? we don't know this, but obviously if the alibi were iron tight, he'd be cleared. Perhaps working nights, he wouldn't have been seen for significant amounts of time... and wouldn't have been missed if he did leave for any amount of time?

also, they are saying they don't know the exact nature of the crime (abduction by stranger or relative, death, or injury inside the home), they obviously don't know when anything happened, and they aren't using Misty's timeline.

MeoW333
02-28-2009, 12:46 PM
With Misty's time frames she gives, it's hard to tell what the Captain meant.. I guess that Ron was at work like he said, yet they're not sure at what time something happened to Haleigh. ..that would take us back to the 911 call

dunlurken
02-28-2009, 12:52 PM
I understand totally why Ron wouldn't want to go back inside the house. Too painful. He was at work. He came home. Daughter gone. Yes, it does take us back to the 911 call.

kikid
02-28-2009, 12:52 PM
With Misty's time frames she gives, it's hard to tell what the Captain meant.. I guess that Ron was at work like he said, yet they're not sure at what time something happened to Haleigh. ..that would take us back to the 911 call

i think the police are NOT depending on Misty's time line for whatever reason. Maybe they think she is lying, wasn't there, or is covering up for someone. Whatever the reason, they are flat out stating they do not know if this was an abduction, yet they are investigating as if it were - probably working as many angles as they can think of.

I think he is more or less stating without a body, they have nothing at this point.

Indigo
02-28-2009, 01:04 PM
i think the police are NOT depending on Misty's time line for whatever reason. Maybe they think she is lying, wasn't there, or is covering up for someone. Whatever the reason, they are flat out stating they do not know if this was an abduction, yet they are investigating as if it were - probably working as many angles as they can think of.

I think he is more or less stating without a body, they have nothing at this point.

ITA, without a body this case must be difficult to unravel or to prosecute:

"The real story is the recovery of Haleigh." ~

Dominick Pape, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement special agent in charge

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090221/ARTICLES/902211010/0/WEATHER

pirate
02-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Haleigh is loved by all her family,that's why they're all camped out,even if they're not in the same camp.No matter what their personnal differences are,they all love her.I find it appropriate to mention how beautiful and sweet Haleigh is in any of thier threads,because this is about what happened to her.And it keeps the focus,whether it's Crystal's Christmas video or Ron's home pics,they loved her and she's thier daughter.

Agreed. She is clearly a very happy child in spite of the things we keep uncovering about her family. That is very important- it shows that she received alot of love from everyone in her life- Mom, Dad, Grandparents on both sides.

That is important to this case- I truly don't believe any of her immediate family did this.

dunlurken
02-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Agreed. She is clearly a very happy child in spite of the things we keep uncovering about her family. That is very important- it shows that she received alot of love from everyone in her life- Mom, Dad, Grandparents on both sides.

That is important to this case- I truly don't believe any of her immediate family did this.
I don't think so either. Someone was stalking the family, Haleigh in particular. Ron went to work, Misty left the home, and the perp said Okay, here's my opportunity. The perp knew Ron had started working late at night. 3 weeks.

I'm still undecided about Misty.

CeeKer
02-28-2009, 01:51 PM

(Snipped by me for space)

Actually, I found it very odd, even the way he said it, made me go "hmm". But then again, I'm not sure how much weight to give it since they haven't cleared any of the important family players and I couldn't see his face. Definitely caught my attention.

Indigo
03-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Does anyone know if Ron sees his other child/ren and if he has been ordered to pay child support? PLEASE no names. Just wondering if there's any tension on that front. TIA.

mydailyopinions
03-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Does anyone know if Ron sees his other child/ren and if he has been ordered to pay child support? PLEASE no names. Just wondering if there's any tension on that front. TIA.

I don't think it has been confirmed either way if he does or does not have children with anyone else..

Indiana at Heart
03-01-2009, 10:39 AM
I just seen a Pic of RC when Haleigh was just born. Broke my heart!!!

http://www.haleigh-cummings.celebration-of.com/Photos.aspx?cpage=2&agt=87094

mydailyopinions
03-01-2009, 10:41 AM
I just seen a Pic of RC when Haleigh was just born. Broke my heart!!!

http://www.haleigh-cummings.celebration-of.com/Photos.aspx?cpage=2&agt=87094

Broke my heart as well.
Ron seems to be very good with children. The ones of he and the children brushing their teeth gets me every time. I have 4 boys ranging from 10-15 and never thought of taking a picture with them brushing their teeth..

MeoW333
03-01-2009, 10:50 AM

I agree with you that the police aren't going by Misty's time lines. Being that they can't that would take us back to the 911 call which we know for a fact happened. Haleigh went missing sometime before that.
The grandmother said she drove past around 7pm and saw the kids eating dindin on the porch. If that is true then sometime between after 7pm and 3:27am (whenever the 911 call came in) would be the time frame something happened.
LE has made it clear they accept that Ron was at work the time he mentioned.
That leaves it up to Misty, or whatever other factors they have left to work with as to what happened between the time the grandmother last saw the kids until the 911 call was placed.

SeriouslySearching
03-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Broke my heart as well.
Ron seems to be very good with children. The ones of he and the children brushing their teeth gets me every time. I have 4 boys ranging from 10-15 and never thought of taking a picture with them brushing their teeth..Off Topic: I wonder if it would help to get them to take their medicine?! I bet the faces would be worth it. LOL I think it is a great idea.

On Topic: Ronald needs to get full custody and a restraining order immediately after the stunt Crystal pulled last night.

tfrohning
03-01-2009, 11:16 AM

Darn it Busyladies:D. Now I starting to like Ron. theses are great pictures and make my thinking change toward him.

One thing I see alot pictures of Ron and Haleigh, but not to many of Bio mom
with Haleigh and her brother.:silenced:

winterrose
03-01-2009, 11:44 AM
I've not seen a pic with her and Haleigh.He needs to go Monday and get that order for no visitation.I can see in the photos with him,she's his heart.I am wondering if he'll move in with his Mom or because of even further danger Jr was put in last night on the GR show,will it be safer at campsite.I don't know if LE is watching campsite with officers or not since they've released the trailer.

Indigo
03-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Here are the reasons Capt. Schauland has given for not clearing anyone in this case (bold mine):

First--Why the family in general has not been cleared:

Now, here's Capt. Schauland's answer as to why Ron specifically has not been cleared. Notice he gives an extra detail in his answer:

SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and "we don`t when it happened."

So according to Capt. Schauland, Nobody has been cleared because LE doesn't know WHAT happened. Ron hasn't been ruled out, because they don't know WHEN the crime took place. JMO. Hope this helps.

debs
03-01-2009, 11:51 AM
I've not seen a pic with her and Haleigh.He needs to go Monday and get that order for no visitation.I can see in the photos with him,she's his heart.I am wondering if he'll move in with his Mom or because of even further danger Jr was put in last night on the GR show,will it be safer at campsite.I don't know if LE is watching campsite with officers or not since they've released the trailer.

I don't understand how people see Jr. as having been put in danger by being on the GR show. How is seeing a little boy actually moving any different than seeing his still image in pictures provided by his father? The logic on that is escaping me.

pirate
03-01-2009, 12:07 PM
On Topic: Ronald needs to get full custody and a restraining order immediately after the stunt Crystal pulled last night.

I disagree. If it is ever determined that Crystal was involved in Haleigh's disappearance, then yes.

However, if the girl that Ron chose to have a relationship with is ultimately responsible for Haleigh's disappearance, I believe Ron will lose custody. After all, they were in his custody when this happened and left the kids in the care of someone who appears to be a drug addict.

tehcloser
03-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Darn it Busyladies:D. Now I starting to like Ron. theses are great pictures and make my thinking change toward him.

One thing I see alot pictures of Ron and Haleigh, but not to many of Bio mom
with Haleigh and her brother.:silenced:

Maybe that's because Ron's side of the family is putting out more pics than Crystal's.

pirate
03-01-2009, 12:11 PM

Bold mine.

That won't happen. As of now there is more legal reason to be concerned about the quality of Ronald's parenting than there is Crystal's since it is a fact that Haleigh disappeared under Ronald's watch, not Crystal's. Further, there is no LE suspicion that Crystal had anything to do with it.

What I think needs to happen is a Guardian Ad Litem needs to be appointed to look out for Jr's best interests and work with the courts to determine what is best for that little boy.

SeriouslySearching
03-01-2009, 12:23 PM

SusanI think the photos do pertain directly to Ronald. They show Haleigh to be a very happy child and well taken care of by Ronald. The photos of them together show the bond between them.

SeriouslySearching
03-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Bold mine.

That won't happen. As of now there is more legal reason to be concerned about the quality of Ronald's parenting than there is Crystal's since it is a fact that Haleigh disappeared under Ronald's watch, not Crystal's. Further, there is no LE suspicion that Crystal had anything to do with it.

What I think needs to happen is a Guardian Ad Litem needs to be appointed to look out for Jr's best interests and work with the courts to determine what is best for that little boy.This simply is not true. No one can speak to whom LE does or does not suspect.

Evidently, LE is being more open with Ronald and his family than the other family here. (To me, this says a lot about which direction LE could take this case and who they trust with information right now.) As witnessed by her outrageous performance last night, the quality of parenting is substantially in the favor of Ronald.

cuppy199
03-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Bold mine.

What I think needs to happen is a Guardian Ad Litem needs to be appointed to look out for Jr's best interests and work with the courts to determine what is best for that little boy.

Ok so are you saying that every person that has a missing child under there watch is a cause for a legal reason and concern of the court? Just because your child went missing on your watch doesnt mean its because of bad parenting is all Im saying. I havent seen any where LE has cleared Crystal and have no suspicions. Last I heard no one is cleared. Could you give me the link where LE said that about Crystal?

LFlorida
03-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Off Topic: I wonder if it would help to get them to take their medicine?! I bet the faces would be worth it. LOL I think it is a great idea.

Hate to say this, but Ron, Crystal, and Misty all look a whole lot healthier now than they did the 1st day. Probably medicated, but by a doctor, not a local dealer. jmo of course.

pirate
03-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Ok so are you saying that every person that has a missing child under there watch is a cause for a legal reason and concern of the court? Just because your child went missing on your watch doesnt mean its because of bad parenting is all Im saying. I havent seen any where LE has cleared Crystal and have no suspicions. Last I heard no one is cleared. Could you give me the link where LE said that about Crystal?

The associations that are being discussed and have been verified are jeopardizing Ronald's custody.

Wait and see.

cuppy199
03-01-2009, 01:38 PM
The associations that are being discussed and have been verified are jeopardizing Ronald's custody.

Wait and see.

As far as Im concerned either of them shouldn't have the children. But we will have to wait and see we might both be surprised by the out come.

Busylady
03-01-2009, 01:59 PM
I missed something what of associations of Ronalds have been verified, please provide a link. I tried to search but came up empty thanks.

Wait and see.

Indigo
03-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Maybe that's because Ron's side of the family is putting out more pics than Crystal's.

I would love to see photos from before there were any custody hearings or Child Protective Services involved with this family and from both sides of the family.

kiki the parrot
03-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Bold mine.

WHAT PIRATE SAID. Agree w bolded. I am not a local, nor privy to any insider kinds of info including more of LE's activities, player reputations, etc. But from what I can observe, it is Haleigh's mother who has been to date infinitely more forthright w LE, the families, the media and the public. In addition to Haleigh, paramount concern in this situation should be for Junior, steps as you say pending appointing guardian ad litem, before they could intervene. JMO

:parrot:

aprilshowers
03-01-2009, 02:43 PM

See ... that's what I've been thinking too.

Indigo
03-01-2009, 03:17 PM

Found the article that refers to Ron's other child, and the source seems to be Misty. Obviously the woman being referred to is not Crystal:

<snipped>

Croslin said she met Cummings about six months ago when she was baby-sitting for a woman who had a child with Cummings.

Croslin said she was concerned the baby boy was not being cared for properly.

"I told him you need to get your son before something bad happens to him," she said. Croslin said the two started talking. She was 16 at the time.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back

Again, please don't use names. Does anyone know if Ron continues to see his son(he must have had some involvement at the time Misty was babysitting) or if child support is involved?

tehcloser
03-01-2009, 03:18 PM
What really, really amazes me is let's say a child comes up missing. Let's say there is no mom in the pic...and Dad has a rap sheet like Ron's. He would be ripped apart. Or let's even say parents are still together...rap sheet for Dad, ripped apart. But here....oh no, not Ron. There is an excuse for everything this man has ever done. Now I remember a not so distant case where we were yelling about people being enablers. That her parents should have towed a harder line, and she didn't have a record. Crystal may have very well have something to do with this, but Ron may very well have had something to do with this. NO ONE KNOWS.

Ron has "issues"....all the explaining in the world does not make them go away.
Sure Crystal lost custody of her kids, but wonder what the judge would have said then had he been living with a minor and that she was the one who would be watching them....I think the outcome would have been a little bit different. All of these people in this case have not been cleared for a reason...and that includes Ron, like it or not.......

Indigo
03-01-2009, 03:47 PM
What really, really amazes me is let's say a child comes up missing. Let's say there is no mom in the pic...and Dad has a rap sheet like Ron's. He would be ripped apart. Or let's even say parents are still together...rap sheet for Dad, ripped apart. But here....oh no, not Ron. There is an excuse for everything this man has ever done. Now I remember a not so distant case where we were yelling about people being enablers. That her parents should have towed a harder line, and she didn't have a record. Crystal may have very well have something to do with this, but Ron may very well have had something to do with this. NO ONE KNOWS.

Sure Crystal lost custody of her kids, but wonder what the judge would have said then had he been living with a minor and that she was the one who would be watching them....I think the outcome would have been a little bit different. All of these people in this case have not been cleared for a reason...and that includes Ron, like it or not.......

You may be right, tehcloser. It seems there were three things that factored into the judge's decision in favor of Ronald :

1. Ron's employment
2. He lived with his mom.
3. Infrequent contact with the kids on Crystal's part.

Ron had a full time job and I believe it was stated that Crystal worked at a barbecue place making considerably less money. Ron said that he was living at home with his mom and that his mother and aunt would be helping with childcare.

Busylady
03-01-2009, 04:00 PM
I do not know if any of them are involved in what has happened to Haleigh. IMO Crystal has brought so much of this on herself by her actions.
1. She chose to bash Ron on national tv when this should be about Haleigh
2. She has yet to make a plea for her daughters safe return (except for the
few times she was led by media to do it)
3. She accuses Ron and Misty of using drugs, yet neglects to mention
her fiances documented drug use or her own drug use.
4. She has not paid support for at least a year.
5. Documented she neglected to take Haleigh to Drs appointments.
6. Documented that she used drugs after Haleigh was born and during
per preg with Rj.
7. She appeared more concerned with the rumor she was missing and
refused to give DNA than she was about the police digging in a dumpster
for her daughters body.
8. She waited at home at least an hour and half when she was told
Haleigh was missing because she thought it might be a prank. Why
not call LE and verify and get your behind to where you daughter was
last seen?
9. She has tons of pictures of her new baby on Myspace but very few of
Haleigh and Rj.
10. She put her 4 year old son on national tv to tell the world that he
saw who took Haleigh.

Do these things mean that Ron is a great guy? No, but I have not seen Ron say anything negative about Crystal, I have not seen Ron accuse Crystal of anything. I have seen no documents that show Ron neglected or abused the children. There is no proof that Ron has abused Crystal, there is no proof that Ron is a drug dealer or using drugs yet she continues to throw that out there. Tell LE these things of course, but to go on national TV and do it sheds a horrible light on her imo.

radio
03-01-2009, 04:11 PM
As I've seen this mounting allegiance to Ron, I have wondered -
so I will just wonder out loud and see what gives.... is this about
innocence or guilt as all parties are still under suspicion/not cleared
.... or is it a mother's are partial to sons thing... or is it a bit of just
liking the bad~boy:wink:??

kiki the parrot
03-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I do not know if any of them are involved in what has happened to Haleigh. IMO Crystal has brought so much of this on herself by her actions.
1. She chose to bash Ron on national tv when this should be about Haleigh
2. She has yet to make a plea for her daughters safe return (except for the
few times she was led by media to do it)
3. She accuses Ron and Misty of using drugs, yet neglects to mention
her fiances documented drug use or her own drug use.
4. She has not paid support for at least a year.
5. Documented she neglected to take Haleigh to Drs appointments.
6. Documented that she used drugs after Haleigh was born and during
per preg with Rj.
7. She appeared more concerned with the rumor she was missing and
refused to give DNA than she was about the police digging in a dumpster
for her daughters body.
8. She waited at home at least an hour and half when she was told
Haleigh was missing because she thought it might be a prank. Why
not call LE and verify and get your behind to where you daughter was
last seen?
9. She has tons of pictures of her new baby on Myspace but very few of
Haleigh and Rj.
10. She put her 4 year old son on national tv to tell the world that he
saw who took Haleigh.

Do these things mean that Ron is a great guy? No, but I have not seen Ron say anything negative about Crystal, I have not seen Ron accuse Crystal of anything. I have seen no documents that show Ron neglected or abused the children. There is no proof that Ron has abused Crystal, there is no proof that Ron is a drug dealer or using drugs yet she continues to throw that out there. Tell LE these things of course, but to go on national TV and do it sheds a horrible light on her imo.

Yes after dad succeeded in having children taken from her, a decision based primarily upon financial reasons (which may have been his motive as well) Mom has the nerve to evidently try to rebuild her life, continuing to work and pay support as long as she was able. Your statements about her "neglecting to mention drug use" is false. For the record Mom is the only one of the bunch who has been honest and forthcoming about her own history and as for the rest, we won't bother dredging up again what the courts have detailed in dad's arrest record--the only thing which you've illustrated is dad was much better at documenting. JMO

Chezhire
03-01-2009, 04:17 PM

I take it to mean that although that LE has likely verified the following:
(1) Ron went to work between such and such hours, and
(2) the approximate time it would take Ron to arrive home if he'd driven straight home from work after leaving would have been such and such time, and
(3) they know that Misty says Haleigh was asleep from 10ish or so, when she put her to bed, until Misty checked in on her and found she was missing from her bed 3/3:45 a.m.,
LE cannot yet independantly verify what time Haleigh disappeared. Until they are certain what time she disappeared, they cannor rule anyone out.
Appears there is enough of a gap of time between the phone call re: Haleigh missing and Ron getting off of work that they cannot independantly rule out his being involved. Misty, of course, being at the home the entire time, cannot be independantly ruled out via an alibi.

LaLaw2000
03-01-2009, 04:19 PM

(bolded by me) Exactly, tehcloser. I do not excuse any of them! There has to be a reason LE cannot clear Ron, Crystal, Misty, or any of the rest of them. Until Ron is cleared he is still as suspect as any of the rest.

JMO, and not a popular one but it doesn't matter to me if it is or not because it is a realistic opinion.

cleo612
03-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Yes after dad succeeded in having children taken from her, a decision based primarily upon financial reasons (which may have been his motive as well) Mom has the nerve to evidently try to rebuild her life, continuing to work and pay support as long as she was able. Your statements about her "neglecting to mention drug use" is false. For the record Mom is the only one of the bunch who has been honest and forthcoming about her own history and as for the rest, we won't bother dredging up again what the courts have detailed in dad's arrest record--the only thing which you've illustrated is dad was much better at documenting. JMO

Oh, mom is good at documenting too. Just take a look at her Myspace where she talks about "the other brats."

SeriouslySearching
03-01-2009, 04:27 PM
liking the bad~boy:wink:??None of the above. It is about listening, watching, and seeing with my own eyes a man who is grieving honestly about a daughter he truly loves and is missing. I do see him as a victim first and foremost. Personally, I don't think LE has cleared him publically...but I believe that LE knows he is not involved in her disappearance. I also believe LE has told this to Ronald and to TN only. (They are the only ones who won't blab everything to the press or other people.)

SeriouslySearching
03-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Oh, mom is good at documenting too. Just take a look at her Myspace where she talks about "the other brats."She is also great at documenting falsehoods. (Don't forget about the 2 charges for filing false reports to LE.)

radio
03-01-2009, 04:30 PM
None of the above. It is about listening, watching, and seeing with my own eyes a man who is grieving honestly about a daughter he truly loves and is missing. I do see him as a victim first and foremost. Personally, I don't think LE has cleared him publically...but I believe that LE knows he is not involved in her disappearance. I also believe LE has told this to Ronald and to TN only. (They are the only ones who won't blab everything to the press or other people.)

~~~~Why did I expect you to be first?!~~~~~
:D

ROBLYN
03-01-2009, 04:31 PM
liking the bad~boy:wink:??

Okay...i'll bite radio......:)

For me personally, i feel for anyone with a mising child, as i'm sure all of you do to. But,(there's always a but, it seems) imo from watching all of this unfold in front of my tv and key board. Ronald had conducted himself with grace when being attacked, even by GR, maybe he thinks it's deserved... who know's...but this man has pleaded for his daughters safe return every time his face has been on tv. I pray neither parent was involved in this tragedy, and i pray that Haleigh is returned to her families soon. Then i want to see Justice for her, no matter who it is/was that hurt her.

SeriouslySearching
03-01-2009, 04:31 PM
~~~~Why did I expect you to be first!!~~~~~
:DHutzpah, Radio. Hutzpah. :D

tehcloser
03-01-2009, 04:37 PM
I have said it before and I will say it again. I don't know any of these people personally. I am not going to defend any of them...this constant defending one side or another does nothing to find Haleigh. I don't trust any of them. Their history speaks volumes. And none of it is of upstanding citizens. If LE could clear any of them they would, and it would be publically so people would know what to focus on and how to help. Haleigh is being left behind in this picking sides carp. And that is a tragedy..............

Chezhire
03-01-2009, 04:38 PM
SNIPPED: "... Sure Crystal lost custody of her kids, but wonder what the judge would have said then had he been living with a minor and that she was the one who would be watching them....I think the outcome would have been a little bit different. All of these people in this case have not been cleared for a reason...and that includes Ron, like it or not.......

I am not taking up for Ron, as he was living with a minor, nor have I formed any opinions yet re: his involvement/lack thereof, but one thing I know for sure: when I was in my teenage years (which weren't like 200+ years ago either :doh:) I babysat for a lot of families with children in my neighborhood. Have to say that I also have an almost 3 year old daughter and I wouldn't hesitate to hire a responsible older teenager to babysit for her, provided I knew her family, her references, etc., checked out. Heck, some of her "teachers" at day care are teenagers in their first/second years of college - and they are VERY responsible! :waitasec: Just because Ron's girlfriend was a teenager does not, in and of itself, mean she was incapable of "watching" Ron's children and, before anyone asks me, no, I'm not taking up for Misty either, as I've not formed any opinions on her involvement/lack thereof yet, either. Just a sayin...
On the other hand, watching someone's child for a few hours at a time is altogether different than living with them 24/7, so we'd need to know a bit more, IMHO, about how much Misty actually took care of them. If she deferred to Ron, who acted as the primary parent the vast majority of the time, and she just lent him a hand at times, maybe no problems. If she was trying to be their mother - well, some 17 year olds might be mentally equipped to do this with chilldren who aren't their own, but I'd bet most aren't...
Thoughts?

LaLaw2000
03-01-2009, 04:43 PM
I have said it before and I will say it again. I don't know any of these people personally. I am not going to defend any of them...this constant defending one side or another does nothing to find Haleigh. I don't trust any of them. Their history speaks volumes. And none of it is of upstanding citizens. If LE could clear any of them they would, and it would be publically so people would know what to focus on and how to help. Haleigh is being left behind in this picking sides carp. And that is a tragedy..............

Yes, the tragedy is this having happened to this beautiful 5 year old child named Haleigh.

tehcloser
03-01-2009, 04:46 PM
I am not taking up for Ron, as he was living with a minor, nor have I formed any opinions yet re: his involvement/lack thereof, but one thing I know for sure: when I was in my teenage years (which weren't like 200+ years ago either :doh:) I babysat for a lot of families with children in my neighborhood. Have to say that I also have an almost 3 year old daughter and I wouldn't hesitate to hire a responsible older teenager to babysit for her, provided I knew her family, her references, etc., checked out. :waitasec: Just because Ron's girlfriend was a teenager does not, in and of itself, mean she was incapable of "watching" Ron's children and, before anyone asks me, no, I'm not taking up for Misty either, as I've not formed any opinions on her involvement/lack thereof yet, either. Just a sayin...
On the other hand, watching someone's child for a few hours at a time is altogether different than living with them 24/7, so we'd need to know a bit more, IMHO, about how much Misty actually took care of them. If she deferred to Ron, who acted as the primary parent the vast majority of the time, and she just lent him a hand at times, maybe no problems. If she was trying to be their mother - well, some 17 year olds might be mentally equipped to do this with chilldren who aren't their own, but I'd bet most aren't...
Thoughts?

Of course responsible older teenagers are able to babysit. My problems with this one is I don't think she has the responsibility to take care of herself, muchless 2 kids full time. And ITA that most 17 year olds are in no way equipped to become "Mommy" to someone else's kids..........

kidz110
03-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Of course responsible older teenagers are able to babysit.
But responsible 16 and 17 yr. old teenagers are home and in their own beds on school nights, so they can get up for their own classes the next morning.

tehcloser
03-01-2009, 06:10 PM
But responsible 16 and 17 yr. old teenagers are home and in their own beds on school nights, so they can get up for their own classes the next morning.

The way you snipped that is not what I meant.....read the whole quote.

radio
03-01-2009, 06:12 PM

That is hardly an excuse to pick an irresponsible one.

kidz110
03-01-2009, 06:22 PM
The way you snipped that is not what I meant.....read the whole quote.
Oh, I agree with your whole quote. I'm saying if she were responsible she would first be taking care of herself and be at home at night and finishing school. Am I still getting it wrong? :o

tehcloser
03-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Oh, I agree with your whole quote. I'm saying if she were responsible she would first be taking care of herself and be at home at night and finishing school. Am I still getting it wrong? :o

Nope! I was the stoopid one here....lol. :dance:

kidz110
03-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Nope! I was the stoopid one here....lol. :dance:
Not a chance! I love your posts and I've yet to read one that sounds stoopid. I didn't explain myself very well. :blowkiss:

winterrose
03-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Cool,it's good to know noone is picking sides now,:D I wonder if Ron or Misty noticed if there were any maintenance trucks parked at night along thier road or tree trimmers doing work around thier trailer before Haleigh went missing.Ron handed over a piece of paper.Is this the Misty thread,I might be posting this in wrong thread?Was just reading some posts,I'll delete if it's not and put in the other thread.I just keep picturing those tree limbs in that dumpster.

radio
03-01-2009, 06:32 PM
I don't think anyone here wants any of these
kids to have committed a crime relating to
Haleigh. They are too young to have their lives
ruined anymore than they themselves have already
done! I hope RC, CS & MC are innocent.

tehcloser
03-01-2009, 06:34 PM
i don't think anyone here wants any of these
haleigh. They are too young to have their lives
done! I hope rc, cs & mc are innocent.

amen!

kiki the parrot
03-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Oh, mom is good at documenting too. Just take a look at her Myspace where she talks about "the other brats."

That isn't legal "documenting" nor was she doing so for any pragmatic purposes, nor as a means to achieve any legal ends. Unlike some, as I've said I've no side except Haleigh's--and grow wearier by the day of blind allegiance, bandwagons and one-sided campaigs which attempt to absolve any entirely of any wrongdoing--as if one had personal, intimate knowledge of them or any other principle in this sorry situation--and tired of seeing my words twisted. I've stated what are my only (and should be obvious) reasons for focusing more on those persons to whose custody Haleigh was last entrusted when she mysteriously "vanished." And for those who either do not understand nor care to debate the issues I raise, please do not use my posts for making gratuitous insults. JMO

For me personally, i feel for anyone with a mising child, as i'm sure all of you do to. But,(there's always a but, it seems) imo from watching all of this unfold in front of my tv and key board. Ronald had conducted himself with grace when being attacked, even by GR, maybe he thinks it's deserved... who know's...but this man has pleaded for his daughters safe return every time his face has been on tv. I pray neither parent was involved in this tragedy, and i pray that Haleigh is returned to her families soon. Then i want to see Justice for her, no matter who it is/was that hurt her.

We can no more attribute evil motives to dad than we can assign altruistic ones to Haleigh's Mom. I don't know a single poster here who knows any of the parties involved on a personal basis, or has anything other than their public persona or record on which to base their "side." Some might also say it is the one who is overacting who's likelier the performer or the one on the defensive who is the guiltier party etc. And w more than one level of culpability here to assess he very well could feel responsible since there's no denying that it's from dad's custody, his home, his environment and his choice of caregivers that Haleigh went missing. FWIW some are never more charming than when they know their parenting is being evaluated, when they are in the public eye, the spotlight of the media, and know their every word and every action is being observed.

Adding to this comment-

a 17 year old high school student who is not on drugs is a much different story than a dropout with reputed drug problems and who has admitted to having been molested by two different people.

She clearly has problems. I wouldn't trust her with an older child for a trip to the store, let alone toddlers/young children in the wee hours of the morning.

N/k. The operative phrase of the poster to whom you responded was "knowing the family, checking out references" including eg presumably background ie any drug or sexual abuse history. I'm w you, I wouldn't feel comfortable w any of the people involved in this awful situation watching my children. But I'd be more inclined to trust someone who admits and "comes clean" about their checkered past, than someone who pretends not to have one... JMO :rolleyes:

lonetraveler
03-01-2009, 06:37 PM

---
Does anyone know if Cadaver dogs have been used inside of the doublewide? If not, they need to be! On videos I have only seen the dogs outside.

samsmom02
03-01-2009, 06:40 PM
School and education are not always important to certain families. A GED is often not earned after someone drops out. At 16 years old, they can drop out without legal consequences here.

Most of us believe education is vitally important to success, but in some families...work, marriage, and a lower standard of living is quite the norm. It doesn't mean they are horrible people because they choose this route. It does mean they won't have as many chances in life as others tho.

I am one of 5 siblings. myself and a brother received our GED and we make more than the 3 who received diplomas. I am a nurse and my brother is a union sheet metal worker.

SeriouslySearching
03-01-2009, 06:41 PM
I deleted my post because it applies to Misty and not to Ronald. (It was off topic to this thread.) ;)

Indigo
03-01-2009, 07:51 PM

:clap:

Tom'sGirl
03-01-2009, 08:49 PM
This thread is about Ron C. keep that in mind and quit the bickering back and forth because you don't agree with a posters opinion.

Again, think before you put your fingers in motion.

Busylady
03-01-2009, 08:51 PM
I so hope none of them are involved. I pray someone who couldnt have children, or felt Haleigh was in danger took her and is taking care of her and soon she will be reunited with her family and they can all get their lives together in a positive direction. I do not want to let my mind go to a RSO or someone with intent to harm Haleigh took her.

Indiana at Heart
03-01-2009, 09:21 PM
RC and MC relationship is legal in Florida

taken from this http://clintvanzandt.newsvine.com/_news/2009/02/16/2441536-update-teenage-caretaker-of-missing-5-year-old-florida-girl-says-i-didnt-do-it

suzet
03-01-2009, 09:57 PM

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!! A thousand times thank you! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

suzet
03-01-2009, 09:59 PM

Again, excellent post! :clap::clap::clap:

CHICANA
03-01-2009, 10:31 PM
RC and MC relationship is legal in Florida

taken from this http://clintvanzandt.newsvine.com/_news/2009/02/16/2441536-update-teenage-caretaker-of-missing-5-year-old-florida-girl-says-i-didnt-do-it

Some one posted the Florida statutes that proved a 24-25 year old having sex with a 16-17 year old was a felony. My understanding is she just turned 17 two months before Haleigh went missing.

lolype29
03-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Some one posted the Florida statutes that proved a 24-25 year old having sex with a 16-17 year old was a felony. My understanding is she just turned 17 two months before Haleigh went missing.

Having sex... how do we KNOW they had sex, and how can that be proven?:silenced:

CHICANA
03-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Having sex... how do we KNOW they had sex, and how can that be proven?:silenced:

Common sense tells me they had sex. Misty said she was in "their bed" and they lived together. I wouldn't be surprised if they lied about it if it ever comes down to Ron getting arrested. Lying seems to be second nature for both of them.

SeriouslySearching
03-02-2009, 12:43 AM
Ronald needs to worry about Haleigh and not worry about what people think of him. He also needs to concentrate on staying healthy to take care of Rj.

bessie
03-02-2009, 05:04 AM
I don't understand how people see Jr. as having been put in danger by being on the GR show. How is seeing a little boy actually moving any different than seeing his still image in pictures provided by his father? The logic on that is escaping me.
Moving images or still, one is as bad as the other. His identity, and whereabouts, for that matter, should have been closely guarded. If what Jr. said is true, and if, in fact, a stranger did abduct Haleigh, he now knows that the little boy is an eyewitness and might be able to identify him. It sickens me to think that his own mother placed him in such a perilous position.

As for Ron, I honestly don't know what to make of him. He certainly seems to love Haleigh, but I can't shake the feeling I got when I first heard the 911 call. Since then, we've seen that he's given to histrionics, so maybe that explains his behavior during the call to LE. Has anyone ever confirmed whether or not she attended school that day?

mydailyopinions
03-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Moving images or still, one is as bad as the other. His identity, and whereabouts, for that matter, should have been closely guarded. If what Jr. said is true, and if, in fact, a stranger did abduct Haleigh, he now knows that the little boy is an eyewitness and might be able to identify him. It sickens me to think that his own mother placed him in such a perilous position.

As for Ron, I honestly don't know what to make of him. He certainly seems to love Haleigh, but I can't shake the feeling I got when I first heard the 911 call. Since then, we've seen that he's given to histrionics, so maybe that explains his behavior during the call to LE. Has anyone ever confirmed whether or not she attended school that day?

This is what bothers me most. Just because there is a huge amount of people at each camp does not mean that a perp wouldn't wait for Crystal to drive off with Junior to go to her home and be caught up with on the highway or a long dark road while none of the camp is there to see or protect Junior. If I were a perp, the first thing that I would be worried about is an eye witness..JMHO
Ron needs to do something about this. I understand the thought of the pictures being out, but it is much different when it is put out on national tv that this child witnessed what happened.
Something tells me we will either hear from LE today, or Ron. I hope Ron stands up for himself today..
And as always, if he is hiding something, I hope like I do with the rest of these characters that he come clean for Haleigh's sake.

Indiana at Heart
03-02-2009, 10:20 AM
something tells me we will either hear from le today, or ron. I hope ron stands up for himself today..
And as always, if he is hiding something, i hope like i do with the rest of these characters that he come clean for haleigh's sake.

amen!

Indiana at Heart
03-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Haleigh's Grandfather Speaks Out more at this link http://www.wftv.com/news/18831155/detail.html

aprilshowers
03-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Have you guys read THIS!

http://www.cbs47.com/media/news/1/3/e/13e1a8a0-e082-477f-9698-11a796f76a10/petineer.pdf

Indigo
03-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Haleigh's Grandfather Speaks Out more at this link http://www.wftv.com/news/18831155/detail.html

This is very sad. It's hard to imagine the pain these poor people are suffering. Unfortunatley, it's impossible to put aside controversy regarding any of the people in this case--including Ron.

Finding Haleigh means exploring all possible leads.

tehcloser
03-02-2009, 03:00 PM
This is very sad. It's hard to imagine the pain these poor people are suffering. Unfortunatley, it's impossible to put aside controversy regarding any of the people in this case--including Ron.

Finding Haleigh means exploring all possible leads.

Sad but true, and Lester has a record also. Man.

CeeKer
03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Have you guys read THIS!

http://www.cbs47.com/media/news/1/3/e/13e1a8a0-e082-477f-9698-11a796f76a10/petineer.pdf

If you do a search on the threads (Crystal threads mostly I think), you'll see it's been quite discussed a lot. The court battle went on for a while and most of the documents weren't available to the public that we could tell. Many people have different opinions on what it all means, depending on their feelings about this case/life experiences.

ROBLYN
03-02-2009, 03:20 PM

thanks for posting Indiana- i pray there will be answers soon, for those that love Haleigh...and it is nice to see the community support...gotta love the bikers...they have big hearts to go along with those cool rides, and tend to be very giving:blowkiss:

winterrose
03-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Seems they all have records,just about every one domestic/drugs/and there's even one with making a false claim and got charged.Kind of like the pic of Haleigh GR used and the school had stated she had fell at school.I wonder if Ronald went in to Dept of Child Protective Services today to talk to them?

cuppy199
03-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Have you guys read THIS!

I read it a while ago. I personally have no comment on it. Its what I would expect a lawyer do for there client. Thats what custody lawyers do they get down and dirty.Thats there job. Doesnt mean that its been proven at this point. We just dont know. I will keep a open mind for now anyway:)

cuppy199
03-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Seems they all have records,just about every one domestic/drugs/and there's even one with making a false claim and got charged.Kind of like the pic of Haleigh GR used and the school had stated she had fell at school.I wonder if Ronald went in to Dept of Child Protective Services today to talk to them?

Yea I remember reading about that on the GR thread. That was a little dirty IMO.

SeriouslySearching
03-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Is Ronald no longer a victim here? I am very confused.

cuppy199
03-02-2009, 10:08 PM

Yea nothing has been proven yet:) So as far as Im concerned he is:)

alwaysonmymind
03-02-2009, 10:12 PM
There are a lot of victims. Sadly, Haleigh is the only VICTIM unaccounted for.

Tichad3
03-02-2009, 10:16 PM

Haven't you heard? There's a rumor that he lied about something!!:eek::rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, he's a victim and my heart breaks for him.

samsmom02
03-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Haven't you heard? There's a rumor that he lied about something!!:eek::rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, he's a victim and my heart breaks for him.

Seems as though everyone down there is withholding information, has lied, has drug or abuse records, and are all related to each other. Good grief!

mydailyopinions
03-02-2009, 11:03 PM
I really don't know what to think about Ron anymore. I want to believe him..I think it is easier at this time for me to believe no one so that when this is all over, I am not kicking myself in the arse.

GraceBlue
03-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Im in FL and Ron was on the local news.

GenealogyKR
03-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Have you guys read THIS!

This is why I have an opinion about this missing child, Haleigh. The only need I see from either parent to remove Haleigh from her home would be on the mother's side. I'll say it until the truth of this case comes out. I really think Haleigh has been removed from that home from the Sheffield/Griffis side. They are the only ones that would benefit from the children not being there. Child Support, back support, what's ahead support. It's all about money. I also think that Jr would be missing right along with Haleigh if Misty hadn't been sleeping with him. And just to make myself feel better about this case...I truly believe Haleigh is safe.

txsvicki
03-02-2009, 11:59 PM
It's just horrible that Haleigh's family is more suspected of taking or hurting her than some sexual offender. She could still be alive being tortured while the public is focusing on all the family with their arrests, drug records, marriages, fusses, whatever. There's no way I believe Ron was bragging to some tatoo parlor about all the money he's getting.

Tom'sGirl
03-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Im in FL and Ron was on the local news.
Grace, when you find a link to the part of your post I deleted, you can repost.

forbidn2u2
03-03-2009, 12:07 AM
This is why I have an opinion about this missing child, Haleigh. The only need I see from either parent to remove Haleigh from her home would be on the mother's side. I'll say it until the truth of this case comes out. I really think Haleigh has been removed from that home from the Sheffield/Griffis side. They are the only ones that would benefit from the children not being there. Child Support, back support, what's ahead support. It's all about money. I also think that Jr would be missing right along with Haleigh if Misty hadn't been sleeping with him. And just to make myself feel better about this case...I truly believe Haleigh is safe.

I do find the mother's side more suspicious mostly because of the accusations from them. Ron was awarded full custody for a reason. It's not typical for the father to receive custody. There's a reason Crystal wasn't. Mothers are always favored.

I'm not sure I believe CS/the mother's side is behind this disappearance. Why would she abduct a child she previously makes no effort to see. Wouldn't it be easier to just terminate your parental rights than abduct a child you don't want, to avoid paying child support?

Littleone48
03-03-2009, 12:07 AM
It's just horrible that Haleigh's family is more suspected of taking or hurting her than some sexual offender. She could still be alive being tortured while the public is focusing on all the family with their arrests, drug records, marriages, fusses, whatever. There's no way I believe Ron was bragging to some tatoo parlor about all the money he's getting.

Good post. I too think that it was a SO that took Haleigh. Misty may have had something to do with this however if she did it was because she was selfish and not thinking.

I do think some family members have not presented themselves as well as they could've but in this situation how do you know how to act? They have made some really bad choices but I think that's because people like GR took advantage of their sorrow.

I cannot stand the rumors in this case. Give me facts of something in the last year or 6 months that would point to this family being involved. Facts not rumors.

EgyptNug
03-03-2009, 12:08 AM

I saw the same interview with Ron outside the tattoo parlor, on the tampa ABC channel, www.abcactionnews.com . I do not see the video on there yet, hopefully they will post it.

forbidn2u2
03-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Good post. I too think that it was a SO that took Haleigh. Misty may have had something to do with this however if she did it was because she was selfish and not thinking.

I do think some family members have not presented themselves as well as they could've but in this situation how do you know how to act? They have made some really bad choices but I think that's because people like GR took advantage of their sorrow.

I cannot stand the rumors in this case. Give me facts of something in the last year or 6 months that would point to this family being involved. Facts not rumors.

I'll say - with 45 RSOs in a 5-mile radius of the home. One has to at least consider the possibility.

Onthetrail
03-03-2009, 03:50 AM
The only thing that we know is that everyone claims they can't find Haleigh!! I say that means at this point the victim in this tragic story is Haleigh. IMHO

Lexington
03-03-2009, 06:05 AM
I saw the same interview with Ron outside the tattoo parlor, on the tampa ABC channel, www.abcactionnews.com . I do not see the video on there yet, hopefully they will post it.

I just watched the interview. Ron was outside of a tattoo parlor after getting two tattoos of his children with money that was given to him. He was complaining about the cameras always stuck in his face. The reporter went into the parlor after the interview to speak to the employees. The employees told him that Ron didn't speak about Haleigh at all, just talked about all the money he was getting. Why am I not surprised. I really don't like this guy.

radio
03-03-2009, 06:18 AM
I just watched the interview. Ron was outside of a tattoo parlor after getting two tattoos of his children with money that was given to him. He was complaining about the cameras always stuck in his face. The reporter went into the parlor after the interview to speak to the employees. The employees told him that Ron didn't speak about Haleigh at all, just talked about all the money he was getting. Why am I not surprised. I really don't like this guy.

This showed a very different RC than we have been seeing. imho

http://www.abcactionnews.com/default.aspx

tehcloser
03-03-2009, 06:24 AM
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Haleighs-dad-gets-tattoo-honoring-missing-daughter/LkXNZKVxEEaVCNKoYu8SYg.cspx

PINELLAS PARK, FL -- Taking a break from the search for his missing daughter Haleigh, Ronald Cummings dropped into the Tampa Bay area to add a tattoo showcasing his little girl.

The 5-year-old girl vanished from her home last month and remains a subject of intense searches.

Ronald Cummings didn't want to talk about his run in with Geraldo Rivera about his allegations of drug use and spousal and child abuse but he did want to talk about his daughter showing the tattoo obtained with $400 paid by someone else.

And there is a video of the story at the side....and yeppers sure enough, the people inside said he wanted to talk about the money he was recieving. Speaks volumes to me.........

tehcloser
03-03-2009, 06:30 AM
This showed a very different RC than we have been seeing. imho

What is it cool now...missing kid, new tat? Are we starting to see the real Ron here?

radio
03-03-2009, 06:35 AM
What is it cool now...missing kid, new tat? Are we starting to see the real Ron here?

Pretty strange. He and Misty were smoking away in tandem.

He sure has that plea down "i love ya baby, let her come home" etc... but it looked and sounded completely different than in the past.

I can understand why the Cummings family would not want to discuss all of the background on RC and even CS....

No evidence? None? Nothing? Talk about planned if that is true. Staged??

Aries72
03-03-2009, 06:41 AM

I found that kinda odd too. Getting a new tatt would be the last freaking thing on my mind if my kid was missing. And yes, I know it was of Haleigh but IMO, it's still odd....especially now.

tehcloser
03-03-2009, 06:45 AM
I found that kinda odd too. Getting a new tatt would be the last freaking thing on my mind if my kid was missing. And yes, I know it was of Haleigh but IMO, it's still odd....especially now.

And I bet the people who have been sending donations for him and JR, would have never thought about him getting one either.......very odd.

Aries72
03-03-2009, 06:58 AM
And I bet the people who have been sending donations for him and JR, would have never thought about him getting one either.......very odd.

Agreed.

EmMomma
03-03-2009, 06:59 AM
I am floored at the news of R getting a tattoo.
Totally inappropriate, IMO, to use other peoples' hard earned money in such a wasteful manner.
I'm sure nobody donated to a "TATTOO FUND" :rolleyes:

tehcloser
03-03-2009, 07:02 AM
I am floored at the news of R getting a tattoo.
Totally inappropriate, IMO, to use other peoples' hard earned money in such a wasteful manner.
I'm sure nobody donated to a "TATTOO FUND" :rolleyes:

ITA...And in the tat place talking about all the money he is getting...priorities right?
I was already thinking he was no "saint" but jaysus....new level here.

GraceBlue
03-03-2009, 07:24 AM

http://www.abcactionnews.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=13400@wfts.dayport.com

GraceBlue
03-03-2009, 07:27 AM
What is weird is he drove about 3 hours out of the way to get the tattoo. One would think if your child was missing you would stay a bit closer to home? No?

tehcloser
03-03-2009, 07:39 AM
What is weird is he drove about 3 hours out of the way to get the tattoo. One would think if your child was missing you would stay a bit closer to home? No?

Trying to avoid the cameras....or knew someone at tat place? IDK, his remark about the cameras make me think that's what it was.

By the way Grace....great find, thanks.

Indigo
03-03-2009, 08:09 AM

Four hundred dollars could have gone a long way toward taking care of a family. How about some blankets, Ron!?

Here's the kicker:

"Ron was talking more about the money he was receiving because of this situation and not much about his daughter at all."

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Haleigh-Cummings-dad-travels-to-Pinellas-to-get/LkXNZKVxEEaVCNKoYu8SYg.cspx

Why talk about the money at all? Sheesh!

Aries72
03-03-2009, 08:10 AM

3 hours there....prob about 2 hrs to get 2 tats (maybe more)...3 hours back=8 hours away from the area that he said he wouldn't leave until his daughter came home. All for a freakin tattoo. :rolleyes: What if something important or urgent would've happened when he was sitting there getting new ink 3 hrs away?

And yes, I agree. The $400 could've went to something more useful but I'm not surprised by what people do anymore.

Patty G
03-03-2009, 08:20 AM
I was really surprised to see the info about Ron coming all the way over to Tampa to get a tatoo! WTH is going on here? There are tatoo parlors right in or surrounding Satsuma if he needed to get a tatoo.

People are donating money to help the family pay their expenses and his blows $400.00 on a tatoo!!

Indigo
03-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Ron: "I can't be left alone. Nobody leaves me alone to do what I wanna do. There's always a camera in my face." :doh:

The "To Do" list: Find Haleigh. The end.

Indiana at Heart
03-03-2009, 08:25 AM
3 hours there....prob about 2 hrs to get 2 tats (maybe more)...3 hours back=8 hours away from the area that he said he wouldn't leave until his daughter came home. All for a freakin tattoo. :rolleyes: What if something important or urgent would've happened when he was sitting there getting new ink 3 hrs away?

And yes, I agree. The $400 could've went to something more useful but I'm not surprised by what people do anymore.

8 Hours that he could of been at working making his own damn money!!!!

OK I don't know what to think about this anymore. To many lies, to many people staying quite and LE not giving us anything!!!! I believe that if it was a SO or anything related to a sex crime LE would of already told people to watch the children!!!!! I see children running and playing at the camp and so on.

So I know believe it is a family member and LE is watching them. OK there is my 2 cents and I'm now going set back and see the crap fly

Law_girl41
03-03-2009, 08:29 AM
OH SNAP-A-ROO! Thanks for sharing that. No kidding, and to be honest, either that tat isnt finished yet or its an awful likeness. Not my thang, I guess.:rolleyes:

Four hundred dollars could have gone a long way toward taking care of a family. How about some blankets, Ron!?

Here's the kicker:

"Ron was talking more about the money he was receiving because of this situation and not much about his daughter at all."

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Haleigh-Cummings-dad-travels-to-Pinellas-to-get/LkXNZKVxEEaVCNKoYu8SYg.cspx

Why talk about the money at all? Sheesh!

mommya
03-03-2009, 08:29 AM
I was really surprised to see the info about Ron coming all the way over to Tampa to get a tatoo! WTH is going on here? There are tatoo parlors right in or surrounding Satsuma if he needed to get a tatoo.

People are donating money to help the family pay their expenses and his blows $400.00 on a tatoo!!

Yeah - why go so far?

Don't folks with more than one tat usually go to the same tattoo artist?

You wouldn't just be out for a drive trying to clear your head - and then pop in at at tattoo place you saw - just spur of the moment - would you?

Sounds like he had it planned if he had images of the kids along to reference.

But I'd think the TV reporter would have learned if Ron was a regular there when he interviewed the workers.

Very strange.

Maybe the trip to Jax was to help him find out just how much he was being followed? (By LE or media)

mommya
03-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Ron: "I can't be left alone. Nobody leaves me alone to do what I wanna do. There's always a camera in my face." :doh:

The "To Do" list: Find Haleigh. The end.

I just wanted that reporter to ask - "What is it you wanna do Ron?"

Law_girl41
03-03-2009, 08:32 AM

No kidding....he stated he wasnt leaving to stay close to the trailer and that was the reason I thought he was staying there instead of his moms or sisters house, to be there for Haliegh......my how people change, once the cameras are gone. Whoever found him in Panelas, that was good reporting.

PoppyH
03-03-2009, 08:53 AM
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Haleighs-dad-gets-tattoo-honoring-missing-daughter/LkXNZKVxEEaVCNKoYu8SYg.cspx

PINELLAS PARK, FL -- Taking a break from the search for his missing daughter Haleigh, Ronald Cummings dropped into the Tampa Bay area to add a tattoo showcasing his little girl.

The 5-year-old girl vanished from her home last month and remains a subject of intense searches.

Ronald Cummings didn't want to talk about his run in with Geraldo Rivera about his allegations of drug use and spousal and child abuse but he did want to talk about his daughter showing the tattoo obtained with $400 paid by someone else.

And there is a video of the story at the side....and yeppers sure enough, the people inside said he wanted to talk about the money he was recieving. Speaks volumes to me.........

Unfreekenbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!

:::::THUD:::::

lakelandladi
03-03-2009, 08:53 AM
I have to say I am just floored and dont know what to think anymore.

SeriouslySearching
03-03-2009, 09:18 AM
I don't like what he did either! The last thing on my mind would have been a tat or how much money I was receiving! OMG! This is the first thing I have seen from Ronald that makes me really question him. It still doesn't mean he had anything to do with her disappearance, but he blew it with this visit. It is a huge red flag, I must admit! WTH?

Law_girl41
03-03-2009, 09:24 AM
I was just thinking SS, that people get careless in their behavior once the heat or the cameras are off of them a little while. No one wants to say he had anything to do with it.

My thoughts are, about accountability.....say if I ran a red light by accident, and got a ticket for it, I can argue til the sun came out that I didnt mean to do it. But I still violated the traffic law, therefore must take responsibility and accept the consequences.

Skully
03-03-2009, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't run out and get a Tattoo, I would run out and maybe get a PI to find my kid, or put money into something that would bring her home, but it's free money, KC got a Tattoo and it was free money for her too. Maybe that's the new way to remember your kid, I don't know.

kidz110
03-03-2009, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't run out and get a Tattoo, I would run out and maybe get a PI to find my kid, or put money into something that would bring her home, but it's free money, KC got a Tattoo and it was free money for her too. Maybe that's the new way to remember your kid, I don't know.
Haunting thought. I hope that's not why he got the tattoo.

mydailyopinions
03-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Ron has lost my respect..I was getting closer anyways by hearing of the rumors around town. I know a rumor is just a rumor, but I live in a small town too..the last rumor I heard was an internet search away..proven true.
It is time for LE to do something, show their cards, or arrest someone.

Tichad3
03-03-2009, 09:43 AM
No easy way for me to say this, but Ron has ticked me off! That's the last thing he should have done, IMO. WTH is he thinking?

Indigo
03-03-2009, 09:46 AM
This whole tat thing has me thinking...When Crystal went on GR with Jr.--everyone was (understandably) concerned about Jr.'s welfare. Most expected Ronald to make some type of move toward protecting his son.

Instead, visiting a tat parlor was the first thing on the agenda. Weird and not cool.

alwaysonmymind
03-03-2009, 09:47 AM

~bold by always~

Casey knew where her daughter was. :mad:

How sad. Ron- *I can't do what I wanna do.* I had imagined (hoped and prayed for it) a scenario where he knew where Haleigh was. When the media died down, he would go busting into the *bad guys* house and get Haleigh back.

And what does he actually do when the media dies down? Well, what every parent of a child missing for 3 weeks does. <insert sarcasm and disbelief> Travels hours away from the last place his child was seen with his underage girlfriend (yes, I AM bothered by this) to get a tattoo with someone elses money.

<insert extreme sadness for Haleigh>

PinkyPoo
03-03-2009, 09:56 AM
I don't get the whole tat thing at all. I still don't think Ron did something to his daughter. I do think both he and Misty are not saying everything they know.
I suspect crystal as much as Ron and Misty. They are all so different from people I know, it's really hard to know whats up.

Indigo
03-03-2009, 09:59 AM
I don't get the whole tat thing at all. I still don't think Ron did something to his daughter. I do think both he and Misty are not saying everything they know.
I suspect crystal as much as Ron and Misty. They are all so different from people I know, it's really hard to know whats up.

Sadly, I can't think of any other reason Ron and Misty wouldn't be saying everything they know, unless they are protecting themselves. :frown:

cuppy199
03-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Sadly, I can't think of any other reason Ron and Misty wouldn't be saying everything they know, unless they are protecting themselves. :frown:

My problem is how do we know Ron hasnt said everything? Has LE said he hasnt?

Indigo
03-03-2009, 10:19 AM

Well, you're right cuppy. We don't know for sure. But here's the scenario:

You know that some dangerous individual has come into your home and abducted your daughter. You have shared everything you know with LE. In an unfortunate turn of events your remaining child is broadcast on National television describing this abducter.

Do you:

A. Get the gears turning to protect your child from harm.
B. Get a tatoo.

I'm sorry, cuppy. You certainly may be right. I so hope that you are. I'm just not feeling it.

Jholi
03-03-2009, 10:19 AM

I don't think he was telling everything when he denied having a a fight or any enemies.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18757844/detail.html

Littleone48
03-03-2009, 10:23 AM
First I want to say this made me angry also but it's not because he went to get a tattoo or the "hearsay" that all he talked about was the money he was receiving from this. They didn't want to go on camera why? I mean Ron knows who was in there so why say anything at all if you were afraid?

It was the way he looked. This is the first time that I have thought, "this guy is a wanna be gangsta". Something about his "look" made me nervous.

About the tattoo that doesn't surprise me at all. My business is located next to a tattoo shop. Ron has a-lot tattoos from what I can remember. Body art is way for these people to express their feelings. I remember 1 day after 911 the brother of one of the plane victims was next door getting a tattoo. I thought how strange. As time has gone on I have come to understand this.

Traveling that far for a tattoo doesn't concern me either. If there is a good artist at a shop people will travel hours even days to get a tattoo from them. Usually you have to have an appointment for something that large. Someone tipped the press off..not good business. Oh wait thousands of people will now see this tattoo shop. Free advertising?

Busylady
03-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I do not understand the whole tattoo thing, but tattoos are not my thing. I do not believe Ron was involved in Haleighs disappearance but am shaking my head at the tattoo thing. I also got the impression the money used to pay for it was not monies donated but someone who specifically paid the 400.00 for the tattoo.

I can understand him being short and grumpy with the media, they want to talk about the rumors and the accusations not about Haleigh missing. He could of taken the opportunity to be negative about Crystals side of the family and he did not so have to give him credit for that. He still took the opportunity to beg for Haleighs return.

I also believe the family has probably been told not to answer specific questions about the case. Some have respected that others have not.

The entire tattoo thing was a really bad move in my opinion and if what the media reported about him talking about the money instead of Haleigh is true, that does shed a new light on Ron IMO

SeriouslySearching
03-03-2009, 10:29 AM
I would like to know where the kids were when this supposed robbery/fight happened. What was Ronald's normal weekend like when the kids were with Crystal?

alwaysonmymind
03-03-2009, 10:36 AM
First I want to say this made me angry also but it's not because he went to get a tattoo or the "hearsay" that all he talked about was the money he was receiving from this. They didn't want to go on camera why? I mean Ron knows who was in there so why say anything at all if you were afraid?

It was the way he looked. This is the first time that I have thought, "this guy is a wanna be gangsta". Something about his "look" made me nervous.

About the tattoo that doesn't surprise me at all. My business is located next to a tattoo shop. Ron has a-lot tattoos from what I can remember. Body art is way for these people to express their feelings. I remember 1 day after 911 the brother of one of the plane victims was next door getting a tattoo. I thought how strange. As time has gone on I have come to understand this.

Traveling that far for a tattoo doesn't concern me either. If there is a good artist at a shop people will travel hours even days to get a tattoo from them. Usually you have to have an appointment for something that large. Someone tipped the press off..not good business. Oh wait thousands of people will now see this tattoo shop. Free advertising?

~bold by always~
The person that tipped the media may be a PARENT that was shocked at Ron's decision to get a friggin tattoo and chose to let the public know. moo

Or maybe it was a person working 2 jobs to keep the lights on at home and food on the table and was disgusted that Ron was talking more about the money coming in than he was about Haleigh. moo

IMO- Ron is not the victim in this tattoo incident. However, I do have sympathy for him because Haleigh is missing.

SeriouslySearching
03-03-2009, 10:38 AM
It could be the pastor advised Ronald to "get away" and do something meaningful...which to him meant a tat. He did get the likenesses of both children. I still don't like it, but I could understand the reasoning behind it. It is hearsay about what was said about the money.

Ronald could have said something like, "I can't believe how people I don't know are are willing to open their hearts to send money to help us." and it was taken the wrong way. (Free advertising could be the way the press found out he was there. I am sure no one had the place staked out just in case he ever showed up!)

Maybe the tat was paid for by Geraldo. Just saying...

suki
03-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Judging from the pictures I've seen, I'm sure that the $400 could have been spent more wisely. This bothers me. I'm sure those that have donated will silently be kicking themselves, thinking their money was going to be used in other areas other than a dang tatoo! Of course I'm sure that donation money is going for his and Misty's ciggies too...

SeriouslySearching
03-03-2009, 10:44 AM
No one said the money came from the donations being sent to the family. Someone could have specifically paid for the tat and Ronald had it done at their suggestion as to the artist and the shop. (Or the artist could have donated it)

Recovering-Lurker
03-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Wow! I'm shocked... NOT! I am not surprised by this. Disgusted, yes. Surprised, no. And I'm sorry, but that tattoo does not look like Haleigh. It's horrible!!! I will never understand some people.

cuppy199
03-03-2009, 10:47 AM
~bold by always~
The person that tipped the media may be a PARENT that was shocked at Ron's decision to get a friggin tattoo and chose to let the public know. moo

Or maybe it was a person working 2 jobs to keep the lights on at home and food on the table and was disgusted that Ron was talking more about the money coming in than he was about Haleigh. moo

IMO- Ron is not the victim in this tattoo incident. However, I do have sympathy for him because Haleigh is missing.

Or maybe it was someone with agenda? Do I agree with what Ron did getting a tatoo NO but Im still not willing to say he is involved or that he is a evil person. I find it kind of funny that some condemn Ron for a tatoo but say its bad judgement when Crystal put her child on national TV to say he seen the person who kidnapped his sissy.Until LE comes forward to say Ron is lieing or or someone has proof he is involved Im gonna give him the benfit of the doubt.

Aries72
03-03-2009, 10:53 AM
*snipped*

*snipped*

I agree that his appearance was different and it wasn't just because he looked like he got a haircut.

Now about the tattoo and how people will travel hours to go to a good artist...I agree that people will travel to see good artists BUT that was not that great of a tattoo job, IMO.

Another thing that bothers me is how defensive he gets when anyone questions him about ANYTHING that he might have or have not done in the past....fights, drugs, abuse...anything that might make him look like a "bad" person. If you've done it, own up to it cause someone, somewhere will find out one way or another. Getting defensive makes him look guilty or like he's hiding something, IMO. I know some on here do not think his past record or dealings with other people have anything to do with finding Haleigh and it might not BUT there's always a chance that it could.

scratchthatitch
03-03-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm sorry to say, but the tattoo thing screams "MEMORIAL" or "IN REMEMBRANCE" to me. Maybe Ron knows the probable outcome if this was retribution for something he did. The past few days could have been a "grieving period" for him and now he has moved on to covering his own a$$. He can't get his daughter back so he is focusing on the money and not getting busted for his own crimes. IMOO

kikid
03-03-2009, 11:00 AM

well, I've known lots of people like Ron in my past (20+ years in the past but still) and unfortunately this speaks volumes to me. I'm right back to my initial impression on this case, the child never left that trailer.

alwaysonmymind
03-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Or maybe it was someone with agenda? Do I agree with what Ron did getting a tatoo NO but Im still not willing to say he is involved or that he is a evil person. I find it kind of funny that some condemn Ron for a tatoo but say its bad judgement when Crystal put her child on national TV to say he seen the person who kidnapped his sissy.Until LE comes forward to say Ron is lieing or or someone has proof he is involved Im gonna give him the benfit of the doubt.

And Cuppy, that is your choice and your right. Yes, there is a huge division on the board about all involved in this case.

O/T I love your yorkie. I had one years ago named Henry and he was such a joy.

nursebeeme
03-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Ron and Misty have accomplished a mission (whether it was one they intended to take or not it is accomplished!) and that is they have driven the media away. They have stayed hidden for the past four days from the media....now they are down in Tampa of all places...to get a tat! What does that say to John Q Public? This makes me doubt their desire to keep Haleigh in the spotlight... sorry but if your daughter is missing it is not time for lying, covering, and dodging your own personal issues...you lay it all out there so le can find your child! This latest thing....it just makes me have doubts with all of the players. There is a web of deceit and I bet it involves more than one of the family.

( aside.....I bet if that abc reporter would have looked behind him they would have seen some lurking LE.. No way these two need to be rowing a jon boat to the bahamas~!)

kikid
03-03-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry to say, but the tattoo thing screams "MEMORIAL" or "IN REMEMBRANCE" to me. Maybe Ron knows the probable outcome if this was retribution for something he did. The past few days could have been a "grieving period" for him and now he has moved on to covering his own a$$. He can't get his daughter back so he is focusing on the money and not getting busted for his own crimes. IMOO

how is getting a tattoo covering your own ass? No, if he thought some dangerous drug dealer or gang had taken his kid he'd be sticking really close to LE not running off to Tampa with his gf. If he really believed a RSO or SO took his child, a tattoo would be the last thing on his mind, he'd be on LE ass night and day until she either came home alive or was recovered. I'd think it would consume him... this is just not right - he gives himself away with this move.

winterrose
03-03-2009, 11:07 AM
I change my vote back to how I felt before the Geraldo show.This was set up for a debut on Feb 11th.All eyes on Caylee Marie memorial,all the media attention when a Haleigh Ann Marie was taken from her bedroom.I only hope to God they find her alive.What I just saw in that video was a drug dealer and his woman.

SailorMoon
03-03-2009, 11:08 AM
I have to say I am just floored and dont know what to think anymore.

Ditto that and the THUD comment. WOW. That spoke volumes to me. WOW again.

SailorMoon
03-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Let me add...a lot of people seem to get tatoos after their children have ah-hem died, probably at their own hands. There was a guy here in Dallas that murdered his 2 little girls and was caught at the tattoo shop afterwards getting tattoos of them. Wow again.

SeriouslySearching
03-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Again, maybe he was "advised" to get away for his own sanity for awhile. The Pastor could have made the suggestion. It isn't unheard of for people who are not guilty to take time away from the press, the situation, and the rest for a bit to decompress. We don't know if he simply decided to do this on his own or not. While it doesn't look good at all...we don't know what was behind it. I hope someone comes forward to explain it further.

alwaysonmymind
03-03-2009, 11:13 AM
I change my vote back to how I felt before the Geraldo show.This was set up for a debut on Feb 11th.All eyes on Caylee Marie memorial,all the media attention when a Haleigh Ann Marie was taken from her bedroom.I only hope to God they find her alive.What I just saw in that video was a drug dealer and his woman.

Do you think LE put GPS on the cars?? <hoping> And i mean the whole family...

SeriouslySearching
03-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Honestly, no. I don't think LE has done a lot of things in this case we would have done!

scratchthatitch
03-03-2009, 11:19 AM
how is getting a tattoo covering your own ass? No, if he thought some dangerous drug dealer or gang had taken his kid he'd be sticking really close to LE not running off to Tampa with his gf. If he really believed a RSO or SO took his child, a tattoo would be the last thing on his mind, he'd be on LE ass night and day until she either came home alive or was recovered. I'd think it would consume him... this is just not right - he gives himself away with this move.

I'm not saying the tattoo is part of the CHOA, but that it was a memorial to his daughter. If the kidnapping of Haleigh was retribution for his crimes, he would have to admit to LE his illegal activities. All I'm saying is, if he knows it wont bring his daughter home alive, what does someone "like" Ron (speculating on my part) have to gain now if he tells all? It wont bring his daughter back and only cause him to be arrested and lose custody of his other child.

Busylady
03-03-2009, 11:19 AM
What part of the video made you think he was a drug dealer?

SailorMoon
03-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Wow! I'm shocked... NOT! I am not surprised by this. Disgusted, yes. Surprised, no. And I'm sorry, but that tattoo does not look like Haleigh. It's horrible!!! I will never understand some people.

Whew. I thought it was just me that felt that way. It looks like she is wearing some weird glasses. ???? To each his own I guess.

winterrose
03-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Do you think LE put GPS on the cars?? <hoping> And i mean the whole family...

I would hope they're being followed,wouldn't surprise me if there's some FBI disguised as media,since they were on case too.Might be far fetched,but Ronald would be more willing to run his mouth if he thinks LE is not around.On Ngrace last night,she said they can trick someone into confession.I guess anything they can use when this goes to trial.

winterrose
03-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Oh,and for everyone,please forgive my ignorance of being swayed by the GR thing.I am very sorry.:truce:

Shaymus at The Rock
03-03-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't think he was telling everything when he denied having a a fight or any enemies.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18757844/detail.html

That was a red flag for me as well as it just didn't mesh with his comment about "taking out some trash when this was over". However, I also agree with a poster who commented about Ron being a gangsta wannabe. I've been trying to think who he reminds me of and it is Brittany Spear's ex. I guess what we really don't know is Ron a wannabe or the real thing ? Maybe even flirting with that lifestyle cost Hayleigh her life. So hoping that is not the case.

winterrose
03-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Since he appeared wasted on something,maybe he's trying to keep from being killed by drug dealers and wanted to get that "I'm still Bad to the Bone Not an Informant" act going.

cuppy199
03-03-2009, 11:32 AM
What part of the video made you think he was a drug dealer?

For a drug dealer you would think he would of owned his own home by now and not live in a trailor. But even if he was one you wouldnt be able to tell by a video.

winterrose
03-03-2009, 11:33 AM
That was a red flag for me as well as it just didn't mesh with his comment about "taking out some trash when this was over". However, I also agree with a poster who commented about Ron being a gangsta wannabe. I've been trying to think who he reminds me of and it is Brittany Spear's ex. I guess what we really don't know is Ron a wannabe or the real thing ? Maybe even flirting with that lifestyle cost Hayleigh her life. So hoping that is not the case.

Dang,thank you,I knew he reminded me of somebody.I couldn't put my finger on it.

Indigo
03-03-2009, 11:34 AM

Good for you, cuppy199. That's what being a sleuth is all about. We, alone, have to follow where the trail leads us.

winterrose
03-03-2009, 11:38 AM
It wasn't that he looked like a drug dealer so much as it was that he looked like he showed who he really was and put off the mask.I had hoped even though all the drug charges before,he had turned his life around,but in that video he didn't look like it and that lame,"Baby I love you",was pitiful.

Littleone48
03-03-2009, 11:40 AM

I don't think it made him look like a drug dealer and his woman at all. Something hit me in that video about the way he looked however my stance has not changed. I do not think RC had anything to do with Halieigh missing.

I have thousands of people who have gotten tattoos, all for different reasons. This part really doesn't bother me. He was with Misty, doing something that probably made him feel better. I cannot even compare this to Crystal putting Jr on national TV. It's not even close.

I just think these people have no idea what to do or how to act. Everything they do and say is picked apart with a fine tooth comb. I think they are being used by people like GR. I don't think any of the family members we have seen are involved. There isn't a book that comes along that teaches what you should do or how you should act when your child is missing.

I still think the link is a SO until LE or proof comes out otherwise.

Busylady
03-03-2009, 11:41 AM
I just do not see anything in that video that tells me he is a drug dealer or that he harmed Haleigh. Maybe the Baby I love you was pitiful but at least he said it which is more than other family members have done.

I think the tattoo was a big mistake, I also think GR was a big mistake with regards to Jr but it does not make either of them guilty of harming Haleigh.

It wasn't that he looked like a drug dealer so much as it was that he looked like he showed who he really was and put off the mask.I had hoped even though all the drug charges before,he had turned his life around,but in that video he didn't look like it and that lame,"Baby I love you",was pitiful.