PDA

View Full Version : P.I. "Cobra" searches for Haleigh, feels confident there will be a break in case soon

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MADJGNLAW
03-14-2009, 07:53 AM
P.I. Searches for Haleigh | Video http://www.cbs47.com/default.aspx

P.I. Searches for Haleigh | Video http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstories/story/P-I-Searches-for-Haleigh/rwX4oL0NrE6kKhoe2vdr-g.cspx

SATSUMA, Fla. -- There's a new investigator on the Haleigh Cummings case. He calls himself Cobra. He's a private investigator from Fort Lauderdale, who is in Satsuma at Haleigh's mother's request.

"In 30 years he caught over 8000 fugitives, 199 child molesters, 2 murderers, and one terrorist," says Cobra. Now his focus is on Haleigh. Thursday, he joined police in their ground search.

P.I. who calls himself Cobra said yesterday that he feels they will have a big break in the case soon.

From what I understand he is working for the Mother of Haleigh free of charge. They don't have a story yet only a video. He feels confident there will be a break in the case real soon. I pray he is right! What frightens me is that they are doing ground searches lately. I pray Haleigh is alive. None of the results have came back from the lab or they did and LE is not sharing. I just hope no decomposition was found in any of the items that LE took in for testing in the past.

radio
03-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Go Cobra!!!! :thumb:

http://www.cbs47.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=30388@video.fox30online.com

Lexington
03-14-2009, 08:44 AM
I hope this guy isn't in this for the publicity only and that he is not lying about his track record. I wish him the best and I hope he is able to find Haleigh.

radio
03-14-2009, 08:47 AM
I hope this guy isn't in this for the publicity only and that he is not lying about his track record. I wish him the best and I hope he is able to find Haleigh.

I hope he isn't Padilla's brother!!!:angel: Guess we can hope for the best!!

Lexington
03-14-2009, 08:50 AM

Don't think so - he's not wearing a cowboy hat. LOL

Donjeta
03-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Hope he's right although I am a bit sceptical about what one guy can do that the whole LE system can't. If they've got a good lead that the police hasn't got, maybe. In the Madeleine McCann case the PI office practically promised that they would find her in a pink minute but she's still missing and there doesn't seem to be any progress made lately.

Lexington
03-14-2009, 08:57 AM
Hope he's right although I am a bit sceptical about what one guy can do that the whole LE system can't. If they've got a good lead that the police hasn't got, maybe. In the Madeleine McCann case the PI office practically promised that they would find her in a pink minute but she's still missing and there doesn't seem to be any progress made lately.

I think all too often in these cases the only thing that the PI does is offer the family false home and, of course, run up bills for services rendered. I hope Cobra proves to be different and is able to find Haleigh. He is doing this pro bono which is a good thing.

belimom
03-14-2009, 09:18 AM
"In 30 years he caught over 8000 fugitives, 199 child molesters, 2 murderers, and one terrorist," says Cobra.

Quite a record. That's an average of almost a fugitive a day.... I have my doubts.

Donjeta
03-14-2009, 09:27 AM
If the number is right, some or most of the fugitives on his list may be small time criminals who have missed a court date and he's simply found them by going to their address and asking if they're home.

tehcloser
03-14-2009, 10:09 AM
If the number is right, some or most of the fugitives on his list may be small time criminals who have missed a court date and he's simply found them by going to their address and asking if they're home.

I don't care how many he has caught...someone else looking is a good thing, whether they work for Ron or Crystal.;)

Claycat
03-14-2009, 10:19 AM

The Portuguese police let the early hours slip away, and then focused on the parents. Also, very often police are impeded by little rules that PIs don't worry about. I wish him luck, but unfortunately those early hours are crucial.

Nearby homes should have been searched immediately, warrants be blasted. Search warrants should be suspended in missing child cases. Communities should have volunteer search groups that come together like volunteer fire depts. to immediately search the areas.

not_my_kids
03-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Overblown statistics=sensation seeker.

This guy may be good, but I doubt he's that good.

Money Girl
03-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Very happy that Crystal has brought COBRA on. Wonderful that he is donating his services to find Haleigh.

Many thanks to COBRA.

Tichad3
03-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Fresh eyes to look into things is just what this case needs. Plus, he don't have all the restrictions LE has so maybe we'll hear about more stuff.

That track record is impressive, but I think it's been embellished. Nothing wrong with that, lot's of people doctor their resumes. ;)

raeann
03-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Fresh eyes to look into things is just what this case needs. Plus, he don't have all the restrictions LE has so maybe we'll hear about more stuff.

That track record is impressive, but I think it's been embellished. Nothing wrong with that, lot's of people doctor their resumes. ;)

There might also be a benefit to a PI coming into this case because there are a lot of individuals involved/related who may have information, but they have their own reasons for not wanting to talk to LE officers. Whatever they tell a PI to help solve the case is not likely to come back to haunt them with charges for drugs, assault, etc. later. The PI just wants the info. to help him move on to the next step, he isn't keeping records on what he saw or heard where that might be illegal but have nothing to do with the case.

MADJGNLAW
03-14-2009, 10:45 AM
I to am glad he has joined in the search. I really don't care what the reason is. People will all differ in their opinions on why he came to assist in the search. I am just grateful he is searching.

I was trying to look into some of the cases he has solved and have not found his website yet. I did read on another forum about another case. It is said he foiled the terror plot at Ft. Campbell, KY........I have not followed up on that case, anyone follow that one?

AuburnJenn
03-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Heck, who cares if he embellishes his record? At least he's out LOOKING for Haleigh rather than sightseeing around NYC, planning weddings and hanging out at Chili's. ;)

LillieBelle
03-14-2009, 10:54 AM
It will be interesting to see Ron and Misty's reaction to this "new guy", especially since Misty didn't like the other "new guy". If they are not cooperative, it will certainly put into question Ron's "I just want my daughter back" mantra...

Quiche
03-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Anyone think this might be the "stranger" around the house last week?

So glad for any extra effort...and someone to report to CS would be a comfort I'm sure. Happy to see him. MOO

AuburnJenn
03-14-2009, 10:59 AM
It will be interesting to see Ron and Misty's reaction to this "new guy", especially since Misty didn't like the other "new guy". If they are not cooperative, it will certainly put into question Ron's "I just want my daughter back" mantra...

Ron should feel ashamed of himself that this total stranger is donating his services and time to look for Haleigh, all while her own father is shacked up in a hotel in NYC with his 17-yr-old wife, planning weddings, not working and doing who knows what else. Why isn't Ron on the ground combing through woods, going door-to-door, etc?

lakelandladi
03-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Cobra is a bounty hunter who seems to be experienced in tracking down the bad guys. I saw in his interview him dispelling some of the "rumors" right off the bat...the drug dealers rumor. I am praying that he is able to wade through the "true and the false" of this case and find Haleigh.
I also think that bounty hunters tend to use more aggressive tactics then LE does...their hands aren't as tied by "due process" as what LE has to go through...JMO..on that though.

Here is a video of Cobra in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRrzoH4f4Co

Here is a video of some of the "Tools" Cobra uses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRhGeKRCLTM

both videos are very interesting

mybrokenwings
03-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Well I am impressed. Thank God that somebody cares enough to find this little girl. I think that Daddy has proven his guilt by what he is NOT doing to find his daughter and by going to NY. I think that his grief has been real, but not because somebody else stole his daughter. I think he accidentally did it and Misty knows. They are covering up a crime and they are going to be caught!

MADJGNLAW
03-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Cobra is a bounty hunter who seems to be experienced in tracking down the bad guys. I saw in his interview him dispelling some of the "rumors" right off the bat...the drug dealers rumor. I am praying that he is able to wade through the "true and the false" of this case and find Haleigh.
I also think that bounty hunters tend to use more aggressive tactics then LE does...their hands aren't as tied by "due process" as what LE has to go through...JMO..on that though.

:applause:Thank you for the information on Cobra. You made a valid point, he is a bounty hunter and his hands are not tied as LE's would be.

MADJGNLAW
03-14-2009, 11:33 AM
O/T: Caylee Anthony case. I so wonder if Padilla used the listening device that Cobra talks about in his video? Maybe that is how Padilla heard so much about the Anthony's? That would be something!

Trino
03-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Cobra's "stash" is quite impressive - gadgets I've never imagined! The items he has seem more attuned to M&R - bet he uses some to get their conversations.

There's a difference in finding Haleigh and finding what happened to her. I hope he's successful in both.

Kat
03-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Best of luck to him. I hope he does find Haleigh so that she can be brought home. I do hope that he is lucky in finding new details about what happened to her.

As far as a break in the case soon, meh he's just showing his confidence. IMHO.

The only question that I have in my mind is why would the locals be more inclined to speak with him? Even if he's not LE, he's a stranger to that community. Hopefully, they open up and tell everything and anything they know and it helps find Haleigh.

belimom
03-14-2009, 01:17 PM
I don't care how many he has caught...someone else looking is a good thing, whether they work for Ron or Crystal.;)

Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm glad he's on the case. I just do think he's embellishing his record. By all means, the more folks on the case means the better chance of solving it. And that's a good thing. Just doubtful of his record, not about him being able to help. ;)

kikid
03-14-2009, 01:24 PM

Bringing in a bad ass like this is a good thing, many of those who dance around the boundaries of the law won't tell LE anything - but a guy like this they will have respect for, even if they don't like him, because he is a hardcore tough guy.

lakelandladi
03-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Bringing in a bad ass like this is a good thing, many of those who dance around the boundaries of the law won't tell LE anything - but a guy like this they will have respect for, even if they don't like him, because he is a hardcore tough guy.

People would be amazed at how quick tongues begin to wag when a person is bounced up against a wall in dead of night by the throat. ;)

MADJGNLAW
03-14-2009, 01:56 PM
:waitasec:I have been trying to read all the threads about the areas that have been searched. The Dumpster, A track that lead directly out the back door of the home and down a wooded path.
The tracking dog that led deputies to a pond and back to Green Drive, Deputies looked inside a small building with a door that had been left open. Nothing was inside.
The track continued north past Haleigh’s home down Monroe Avenue and onto Buchan Circle, which looped back to Monroe Avenue. The canine officer continued to track down Buffalo Bluff Road but lost the track at the railroad crossing. In yesterday's search it was said they were searching, Putnam, Clay, St. Johns and Marion counties searched a large wooded area along U-S Highway 17 and neighboring railroad tracks. The search area stretched nearly 13 miles from Satsuma, where Haleigh disappeared. http://www.am850.com/news/archives/2009/03/100_deputies_search_for_missing_girl_girls_father. asp

What I am trying to figure out if yesterday's search is at all connected to the previous searches....I feel they are not looking for a live Haleigh:(. Cobra - LE, seems to be on to something and LE stated that the largest organized search taking place yesterday morning

lakelandladi
03-14-2009, 02:08 PM
:waitasec:I have been trying to read all the threads about the areas that have been searched. The Dumpster, A track that lead directly out the back door of the home and down a wooded path.
The tracking dog that led deputies to a pond and back to Green Drive, Deputies looked inside a small building with a door that had been left open. Nothing was inside.
The track continued north past Haleigh’s home down Monroe Avenue and onto Buchan Circle, which looped back to Monroe Avenue. The canine officer continued to track down Buffalo Bluff Road but lost the track at the railroad crossing. In yesterday's search it was said they were searching, Putnam, Clay, St. Johns and Marion counties searched a large wooded area along U-S Highway 17 and neighboring railroad tracks. The search area stretched nearly 13 miles from Satsuma, where Haleigh disappeared. http://www.am850.com/news/archives/2009/03/100_deputies_search_for_missing_girl_girls_father. asp

What I am trying to figure out if yesterday's search is at all connected to the previous searches....I feel they are not looking for a live Haleigh:(. Cobra - LE, seems to be on to something and LE stated that the largest organized search taking place yesterday morning

I saw some media clips on the search but i didnt see any
cadaver dogs there....they may not have been shown though. Another poster had said that I believe on NG it was said they were looking for something that could have been thrown out of a car. From the short clips I saw I couldnt really tell if they were looking for something on the surface of the ground...such as something tossed from a car....or searching for remains. I would think if they were searching for remains they would have dogs there..but with this case...who knows anything for sure. JMO

SeriouslySearching
03-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Have we seen anything about this guy ever looking for a missing child? I bet not.

He is here for one reason and that is to dig up dirt on Ronald and Misty for the custody issue. If he comes across information as to Haleigh as a side, he will probably forward it...but he may not if it incriminates someone else particularly if it is the person he is "working" for in this case. You can speak to "integrity" all you want...but he works for the high powered attorney who is covering Crystal. She would not allow information to come out which would implicate her, imo.

MADJGNLAW
03-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Have we seen anything about this guy ever looking for a missing child? I bet not.

He is here for one reason and that is to dig up dirt on Ronald and Misty for the custody issue. If he comes across information as to Haleigh as a side, he will probably forward it...but he may not if it incriminates someone else particularly if it is the person he is "working" for in this case. You can speak to "integrity" all you want...but he works for the high powered attorney who is covering Crystal. She would not allow information to come out which would implicate her, imo.

From one of the links one of the members posted I watched a video and it said that Cobra has a passion for finding RSO, Abusers and such. That alone made me more confident in him and like him without knowing him. A man that wants to get these pervert of the streets and has, is a good man to me. But that is JMO. I'm just grateful, regardless of the reason he has joined in the Haleigh search.

alwaysonmymind
03-14-2009, 03:25 PM

Well, LE must be cool with Cobra. :cool: He WAS allowed to participate in the ground search that took place the day of the wedding.

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/P-I-Searches-for-Haleigh/rwX4oL0NrE6kKhoe2vdr-g.cspx

And if there is dirt on him, it won't take long to surface. :rolleyes:

Elphaba
03-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Another bounty hunter... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but if he keeps popping up in front of the camera, then he's just another publicity seeker.

Thinking... do we really need to see his stash and what he does? Working on the case as an anonymous face will get him further, than making himself known to the public. A good PI protects his identity because he wants to work in the shadows where he can get to information inaccessible to those that are out front in the public.

Gma Kat
03-14-2009, 03:42 PM
O/T: Caylee Anthony case. I so wonder if Padilla used the listening device that Cobra talks about in his video? Maybe that is how Padilla heard so much about the Anthony's? That would be something!

that would explain why GA and CA had the house "debugged" before they returned from their stay at the hotel.....

Indigo
03-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Well, LE must be cool with Cobra. :cool: He WAS allowed to participate in the ground search that took place the day of the wedding.

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/P-I-Searches-for-Haleigh/rwX4oL0NrE6kKhoe2vdr-g.cspx

And if there is dirt on him, it won't take long to surface. :rolleyes:

That's good to know that LE allowed him to help in the search. Thanks, alwaysonmymind!

Gma Kat
03-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Best of luck to him. I hope he does find Haleigh so that she can be brought home. I do hope that he is lucky in finding new details about what happened to her.

As far as a break in the case soon, meh he's just showing his confidence. IMHO.

The only question that I have in my mind is why would the locals be more inclined to speak with him? Even if he's not LE, he's a stranger to that community. Hopefully, they open up and tell everything and anything they know and it helps find Haleigh.

IF drugs or other illegal activity is an issue I would assume that people would be more apt to discuss it in confidence with an investigater who has no duty or desire to arrest someone for something that did not result in Haleigh's disappearance, but may be relevent for other reasons......I hope that makes sense.

Lori59
03-14-2009, 03:55 PM

I think if anyone wants to help.........let them. Atleast Crystal is trying to get people on the case instead of running off getting married to an underage person while the LE does a search for his daughter. As far as her hiring the attorney, I say it is her obligation to look into custody after her daughter goes missing while being looked after by Misty. JMO

snookie
03-14-2009, 04:00 PM
I think if anyone wants to help.........let them. Atleast Crystal is trying to get people on the case instead of running off getting married to an underage person while the LE does a search for his daughter. As far as her hiring the attorney, I say it is her obligation to look into custody after her daughter goes missing while being looked after by Misty. JMOCouldn't agree more!

Brwnigirl
03-14-2009, 04:04 PM
He seems pretty confident about the break in the case. I wonder if that is why he stepped up now, not before?? He says he is familiar with the baby-selling world.. does he have sources??

How does he afford to do this pro- bono?

Good luck to Cobra but I hope he really knows about there being a break and he is not leading the family along.

awakewriter
03-14-2009, 04:13 PM
He seems pretty confident about the break in the case. I wonder if that is why he stepped up now, not before?? He says he is familiar with the baby-selling world.. does he have sources??

How does he afford to do this pro- bono?

Good luck to Cobra but I hope he really knows about there being a break and he is not leading the family along.

You know, the baby-selling theory was brought up in the Caylee case, too.

I have yet to hear of a case of a baby being sold. It just strikes me as highly unusual and unlikely.

Brwnigirl
03-14-2009, 04:21 PM
You know, the baby-selling theory was brought up in the Caylee case, too.

I have yet to hear of a case of a baby being sold. It just strikes me as highly unusual and unlikely.

Yeah me too. Maybe Cobra can give us some insight into this world, as it sounds like he's heard a lot about it.
I mean I am familiar with teens and human trafficking. I am not saying it doesn't happen for younger children but maybe Cobra could educate us.;)

SeriouslySearching
03-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Well...still waiting on the "big break" here. Where is it, Cobra?!

azwriter
03-14-2009, 08:16 PM

I'm not disagreeing with you about Cobra. However there is often people who will not speak to LE; For a variety of reasons including fear of being found out about a crime they committed to fear of someone close to the case.
When a PI steps in they usually can get to people who won't talk. They work in a round about way. Pull in favors and have a way to make links police can't accomplish with unsavory characters. It's like an underground world. I've personally known a few PIs who have been very effective in uncovering leads. A real good PI rarely predicts and often keeps a low profile.
Let's hope this works for Haleigh.
jmo

jaimie43
03-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Goooooo COBRA! and Goooooo Crystals attorney (cant think of her name!) and Goooooooo CRYSTAL!!!! Crystal has stepped up to the plate and is being pro-active in trying to get anybody who can help find her daughter! Thats more than Ron and the teen bride are doing...I think maybe Cystal is of the mindset now "Ive had enough and Im not gonna take it anymore" Someone posted that she finally grew a backbone and I think thats the truth.As for Cobras credentials...who gives a flying fig what his background is-the more people looking, the better.

Anna Fl
03-14-2009, 08:49 PM
He's not the only PI down there. Another has been there about 3 weeks now. I hope they work together and share information to find Haleigh and bring her home safe!

Ms Suzanne
03-14-2009, 08:54 PM
May I please ask do you know who it is?

nomoresorrow
03-14-2009, 08:57 PM

If anything I can assure you that this PI is seeking a missing child #1 - in the process, yes he will find any "dirt" as you call it, in anyones life that may have contributed to, caused or reveal their guilt in this crime. If he uncovers issues around Ron and Misty that put Haleigh in great risk - rather than them being the direct perp's in this case - and that info is used to insure the future safety of Jr., so be it! IMO that is secondary - Cobra wants to find Haleigh - period. What is this fixation on Crystal? Why does everything seem to circle right back around to her? Granted she isn't 100 % in the clear in my opinion either but there isn't a fixation on her being guilty of EVERYTHING that has happened thusfar in this case - even the things that haven't happened yet IYO - GMAB!! The problem with tunnel vision is that you miss seeing the big picture. MOO

KSH352
03-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Another bounty hunter... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but if he keeps popping up in front of the camera, then he's just another publicity seeker.

Thinking... do we really need to see his stash and what he does? Working on the case as an anonymous face will get him further, than making himself known to the public. A good PI protects his identity because he wants to work in the shadows where he can get to information inaccessible to those that are out front in the public.

That is exactly what my son, a PI, said today when I sent him the utube links about Cobra. He said if he was working this case no one would know it. He has a way of getting anyone to tell him anything. He excellent at his trade.

SeriouslySearching
03-14-2009, 10:54 PM
If anything I can assure you that this PI is seeking a missing child #1 - in the process, yes he will find any "dirt" as you call it, in anyones life that may have contributed to, caused or reveal their guilt in this crime. If he uncovers issues around Ron and Misty that put Haleigh in great risk - rather than them being the direct perp's in this case - and that info is used to insure the future safety of Jr., so be it! IMO that is secondary - Cobra wants to find Haleigh - period. What is this fixation on Crystal? Why does everything seem to circle right back around to her? Granted she isn't 100 % in the clear in my opinion either but there isn't a fixation on her being guilty of EVERYTHING that has happened thusfar in this case - even the things that haven't happened yet IYO - GMAB!! The problem with tunnel vision is that you miss seeing the big picture. MOO I wouldn't call it a "fixation" on Crystal. No one can trust her or her family due to the things they have said and done. They also have the strongest motive in this case to see Haleigh missing, IMO. Now, they have legal backing to do worse things than we have seen already.

So why would I trust anyone working for her or her family? We recently saw the lengths a PI working for a nontrustworthy family would go to for them so I am very skeptical.

Law_girl41
03-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Does anyone think the PI will receive more information from locals than LEO's?

SeriouslySearching
03-14-2009, 11:10 PM

And if there is dirt on him, it won't take long to surface. :rolleyes:In my opinion, they should not have allowed him to participate in the search.

Lori59
03-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Isn't that the point...to get as many people helping as possible? Why turn away an extra set of eyes?

nomoresorrow
03-15-2009, 12:15 AM
I wouldn't call it a "fixation" on Crystal. No one can trust her or her family due to the things they have said and done. They also have the strongest motive in this case to see Haleigh missing, IMO. Now, they have legal backing to do worse things than we have seen already.

So why would I trust anyone working for her or her family? We recently saw the lengths a PI working for a nontrustworthy family would go to for them so I am very skeptical.

Could you please explain to me (sorry if I missed a previous post) what Crystal's motive(s) would be exactly in addition to contrasting her so-called motive(s) to the long-term/projected outcome, i.e,.chances of getting away with the crime, concealment of records that indicate setting up and arranging the crime, reasoning in terms of how elimating Haleigh eliminates any "past-due" or arrears child support payments owed,...TIA

MOO

DotsEyes
03-15-2009, 12:20 AM
I worry about people who give themselves names. It is too "pulp fiction-y" for me.

I also worry about people who flamboyantly announce their appearance in a "sensationalized" case. All too reminiscent of the Padilla boys.

cheko1
03-15-2009, 12:24 AM
I just wish they'd find the little sweetheart...

Blue Ridge
03-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Cobra's "stash" is quite impressive - gadgets I've never imagined! The items he has seem more attuned to M&R - bet he uses some to get their conversations.

There's a difference in finding Haleigh and finding what happened to her. I hope he's successful in both.

I'll say!! He could be parked far from that trailer where they'd never know, and hear everything they say. No WONDER he predicts there will be a break in the case soon! And I hope he is right. This has gone on way too long.

New at posting but I've been reading WS for awhile, hi ya'll.

Praying for precious Haleigh.

kiki the parrot
03-15-2009, 12:59 AM
O m g, who CARES why this man is helping to look for this missing child, it's more than her father or Misty or any of his family are doing at the moment. It seems some are more worried about what dirt might be uncovered about this dad than finding Haleigh :tsktsk: If it could possibly lead to Haleigh, w/e! We should ALL be grateful. Everyone should want anyone willing to help on this case to be involved and anyone who can find fault w someone donating his or her time & services pro bono or find time to criticize anyone who's actually searching for Haleigh-- GO COBRA GO LE GO FBI PRAYING FOR HALEIGH

:praying:

Goooooo COBRA! and Goooooo Crystals attorney (cant think of her name!) and Goooooooo CRYSTAL!!!! Crystal has stepped up to the plate and is being pro-active in trying to get anybody who can help find her daughter! Thats more than Ron and the teen bride are doing...I think maybe Cystal is of the mindset now "Ive had enough and Im not gonna take it anymore" Someone posted that she finally grew a backbone and I think thats the truth.As for Cobras credentials...who gives a flying fig what his background is-the more people looking, the better.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:parrot:

NRN
03-15-2009, 01:09 AM
I'll say!! He could be parked far from that trailer where they'd never know, and hear everything they say. No WONDER he predicts there will be a break in the case soon! And I hope he is right. This has gone on way too long.

New at posting but I've been reading WS for awhile, hi ya'll.

Praying for precious Haleigh.

Welcome Mommy2Sarah! Many here who share your hopes & prayers for Haleigh's case.:wave:

suzet
03-15-2009, 01:12 AM
Hope he's right although I am a bit sceptical about what one guy can do that the whole LE system can't. If they've got a good lead that the police hasn't got, maybe.

*snipped*
Ah, but let's not forget R. Cronk. One guy did what the whole LE system couldn't/wouldn't.

ilovemew
03-15-2009, 03:03 AM
*snipped*
Ah, but let's not forget R. Cronk. One guy did what the whole LE system couldn't/wouldn't.

:floorlaugh: :Banane42:

Helplessly Hoping
03-15-2009, 03:53 AM
Could you please explain to me (sorry if I missed a previous post) what Crystal's motive(s) would be exactly in addition to contrasting her so-called motive(s) to the long-term/projected outcome, i.e,.chances of getting away with the crime, concealment of records that indicate setting up and arranging the crime, reasoning in terms of how elimating Haleigh eliminates any "past-due" or arrears child support payments owed,...TIA

MOO

Excellent question. Aside from the 4K in child support which she will OWE no matter what--what does she have to gain?

kolokolo
03-15-2009, 06:23 AM
He's not the only PI down there. Another has been there about 3 weeks now. I hope they work together and share information to find Haleigh and bring her home safe!

JMO, maybe Cobra has already conversed with the other PI you speak of, maybe that is why he made such a bold statement ... "a break is coming soon!"

Kat
03-15-2009, 11:45 AM
JMO, maybe Cobra has already conversed with the other PI you speak of, maybe that is why he made such a bold statement ... "a break is coming soon!"

That could be one explanation. Who is the other PI working for/hired him?

I haven't seen any news about him/her (the other PI).

Or it could be a simple as stating in a confident manner that a break is coming so that he can be trusted in the community. Make people want to come forward and talk to him. Reminds me of how lawyers will make statements to assert their confidence that the matters will be resolved.

Either way, I don't care who finds Haliegh, as long as she is found and brought back home.

Indigo
03-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Excellent question. Aside from the 4K in child support which she will OWE no matter what--what does she have to gain?

Exactly, Helplessly Hoping. The back child support will never be written off. "Savings" on any future child support payments would have amounted to about $35.00 a month. I don't see any financial motive here. JMO.

SeriouslySearching
03-15-2009, 12:08 PM

MOODoes revenge count as a strong motive in such cases? I think it does. She wasn't just facing paying the past child support. She was called up on Contempt of Court charges which could lead to her being arrested.

SeriouslySearching
03-15-2009, 12:20 PM
If this Cobra person can objectively work on this case to bring Haleigh home, I am all for it. I would hope he does the right thing as far as the case is concerned, but we have no guarantees. If Misty is guilty, Ronald is guilty, or Crystal is guilty...will he bring the evidence forward equally is my question here.

I don't care who did what if the truth comes out and she is brought home. I just know how one sided it can get when you have an attorney and a PI working in unison on any case.

So where is the big break?

kiki the parrot
03-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah well if any child of mine "disappeared" under anybody else's watch you can best believe I'd be seeking the advice and assistance of ANY PI's, bountyhunters, attorney's, metermen and anybody ELSE I could enlist to help me to get to the bottom of it, find my missing child, and prevent my OTHER child from being the next to "disappear." JMO

Helplessly Hoping
03-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Does revenge count as a strong motive in such cases? I think it does. She wasn't just facing paying the past child support. She was called up on Contempt of Court charges which could lead to her being arrested.

Speaking from YEARS of experience on the child support angle, my son's dad had enough contempt charges filed at him to paper his bathroom....he never saw the inside of a jail cell. MOO

Prayin_4_Grace
03-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Yeah well if any child of mine "disappeared" under anybody else's watch you can best believe I'd be seeking the advice and assistance of ANY PI's, bountyhunters, attorney's, metermen and anybody ELSE I could enlist to help me to get to the bottom of it, find my missing child, and prevent my OTHER child from being the next to "disappear." JMO

Me too Kiki. Heck I'd hire a P.I. if my child disappeared on MY watch as well...God forbid. I dont see anything wrong with accepting help from anyone that wants to help as long as they are legit and arent trying to make a dime off of it.

SeriouslySearching
03-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Speaking from YEARS of experience on the child support angle, my son's dad had enough contempt charges filed at him to paper his bathroom....he never saw the inside of a jail cell. MOOOh, I wasn't insinuating it was the reason for the revenge. Only that it was the immediate situation. (I did see on the Crime Stoppers website where they had arrest warrants out for several on these specific charges tho for a lot less than what Crystal owes, too.) The revenge obviously goes back years and years towards Ronald from Crystal and her mother (family).

Tichad3
03-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Has he found anything yet? I haven't seen anything new. I don't care who gets answers as long as someone gets them.

Helplessly Hoping
03-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Oh, I wasn't insinuating it was the reason for the revenge. Only that it was the immediate situation. (I did see on the Crime Stoppers website where they had arrest warrants out for several on these specific charges tho for a lot less than what Crystal owes, too.) The revenge obviously goes back years and years towards Ronald from Crystal and her mother (family).

Interesting BUT why if this was planned, with the door "bricked" and all--didn't they take Jr as well. Makes no sense to me at all. MOO

SeriouslySearching
03-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Perhaps she knew that losing Haleigh being she was a Daddy's girl would kill him? Does she have a stronger bond with Rj than with Haleigh? Who knows? If she were the one to set it up...to use reason and logic to figure out a twisted concept of why she would decide upon one over the other would be difficult.

Blue Ridge
03-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Welcome Mommy2Sarah! Many here who share your hopes & prayers for Haleigh's case.:wave:

Thank you for the kind welcome, NRN :-)

MADJGNLAW
03-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Has he found anything yet? I haven't seen anything new. I don't care who gets answers as long as someone gets them.

I haven't heard anything. Most of the time over the weekend they don't report much. I would assume that if they have vital information they would keep it under wraps like everything else. I just pray they find Haleigh soon. I don't care who finds her, just find her.

cuppy199
03-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Perhaps she knew that losing Haleigh being she was a Daddy's girl would kill him? Does she have a stronger bond with Rj than with Haleigh? Who knows? If she were the one to set it up...to use reason and logic to figure out a twisted concept of why she would decide upon one over the other would be difficult.

Taking one child would make more sinse. Take advantage of the child missing and plant doubt and fear in the locals enough to possibily see things that arent neccesarly there. Then possibly win custody. not saying thats what happened but anything is possible and nothing is ruled out as of yet.

kiki the parrot
03-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Interesting BUT why if this was planned, with the door "bricked" and all--didn't they take Jr as well. Makes no sense to me at all. MOO

Exactly! We're right back to the crazymaking, Emmy-Award winning, Lifetime Movie script... making endless accusations that Haleigh's mother kidnapped just ONE of the two children out of vengance, w no means of concealing nor escaping inevitable consequences nor explaining in the long run circumstances surrounding this one child, in some distant hope that this one child who has vanished mysteriously off the face of the earth and manages to stay out of sight as they go on eluding every LE agency for the rest of their lives, might be eventually presumed dead or whereby dad is proven unfit father, while LE goes on surveilling and exhaustively investigating every facet of entire family's activities and background yet nevertheless gaining custody of Junior while managing for the remainder of years to arrange clandestine meetings w her cloistered child and simultaneously either putting both families thru a neverending nightmare or making her entire family complicit... all in her desperate plot to exact revenge and avoid child support, gma*b. Let's stop straining for every feeble, farfetched excuse to accuse and blame this mother (who btw wasn't even in charge at the time or the one who insisted she was the only one responsible enough to raise or supervise Haleigh when dad and his minor gf can't keep their stories straight in whose custody and care Haleigh was last seen--and get on w the business of searching. The number one priority isn't defending dad, it's finding Haleigh. JMO

:other_beatingA_Dead:

Kat
03-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Exactly! We're right back to the crazymaking, Emmy-Award winning, Lifetime Movie script... making endless accusations that Haleigh's mother kidnapped just ONE of the two children out of vengance, w no means of concealing nor escaping inevitable consequences nor explaining in the long run circumstances surrounding this one child, in some distant hope that this one child who has vanished mysteriously off the face of the earth and manages to stay out of sight as they go on eluding every LE agency for the rest of their lives, might be eventually presumed dead or whereby dad is proven unfit father, while LE goes on surveilling and exhaustively investigating every facet of entire family's activities and background yet nevertheless eventually gaining custody of Junior while managing for the remainder of years to arrange clandestine meetings w this one child and simultaneously either putting both families thru a neverending nightmare or making her entire family complicit... all in her desperate plot to exact revenge and avoid support payments, gma*b. Let's stop straining for every farfetched excuse to accuse and blame this mother who btw wasn't even in charge or responsible for supervising Haleigh and when the father and his minor gf can't keep their stories straight and were last to have seen Haleigh--and get on w the business of searching. The number one priority isn't defending dad, it's finding Haleigh. JMO

I can read that you are very passionate in your opinion that CS had nothing to do with any of this Kiki.

I have, too, have my deep doubts that her involvement is highly improbable. However, I think in all fairness that others should be able to express their theories and work through them , sort things out in their own mind and come to their own conclusions.

We as sleuthers, should be able to examine every single person in this case and every aspect of that person so that we as individuals can come to our own conclusions. Isn't that what WS's is about? Sleuthing, expressing opinions and sharing of minds?

So as I said I admire your passion. I also am on the same sheet of music as you are in that CS is not involved. I'm just suggesting that we as a group should refrain from assigning names to other posters theories such as "crazymaking, Emmy-Award winning, Lifetime Movie script" JMHO and my two cents.

kiki the parrot
03-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Exactly. The objective here should be to sleuth and uncover facts w/out such a vested interest in WHERE those facts may lead in order to FIND Haleigh--That has nothing to do w sleuthing--OR finding Haleigh. My passion is CHILDREN. And seeking justice for CHILDREN. Aside from which I have no other agenda or purpose for being here. JMHO2

SeriouslySearching
03-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Exactly! We're right back to the crazymaking, Emmy-Award winning, Lifetime Movie script... making endless accusations that Haleigh's mother kidnapped just ONE of the two children out of vengance, w no means of concealing nor escaping inevitable consequences nor explaining in the long run circumstances surrounding this one child, in some distant hope that this one child who has vanished mysteriously off the face of the earth and manages to stay out of sight as they go on eluding every LE agency for the rest of their lives, might be eventually presumed dead or whereby dad is proven unfit father, while LE goes on surveilling and exhaustively investigating every facet of entire family's activities and background yet nevertheless gaining custody of Junior while managing for the remainder of years to arrange clandestine meetings w her cloistered child and simultaneously either putting both families thru a neverending nightmare or making her entire family complicit... all in her desperate plot to exact revenge and avoid child support, gma*b. Let's stop straining for every feeble, farfetched excuse to accuse and blame this mother (who btw wasn't even in charge at the time or the one who insisted she was the only one responsible enough to raise or supervise Haleigh when dad and his minor gf can't keep their stories straight in whose custody and care Haleigh was last seen--and get on w the business of searching. The number one priority isn't defending dad, it's finding Haleigh. JMO

:parrot:I never indicated I thought IF Crystal or her family were involved it would result in Haleigh being kept somewhere at any time. On the contrary, I would say if this were done to exact revenge...Haleigh would not be alive to return to anyone, imo.

This is not defending anyone. This is trying to put all the pieces out there to figure out which ones fit and which ones do not. The motive IS there. Revenge has always been one motive for murder, kidnapping, plus other crimes and will continue to be a motive for crimes in the future just like jealousy, greed, anger, etc. Not saying it is THE motive in this case, but we cannot rule it out entirely yet. Everyone is still a suspect and their possible motives are still in question.

kidz110
03-15-2009, 03:02 PM

You've got that right, KiKi. I've read a couple of articles about Cobra and seen a few clips of him at work on youtube. This man is not going to risk his career by trying to hide something from LE. If his search leads him to Crystal, I have every confidence he'd say so.
I don't think Crystal's main goal is to "dig up dirt on RC." I think she just desperately wants answers to where her daughter is.

cheko1
03-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Does revenge count as a strong motive in such cases? I think it does. She wasn't just facing paying the past child support. She was called up on Contempt of Court charges which could lead to her being arrested.

SS :blowkiss:,
In Wis a person rarely goes to jail for Contempt of Court for child support.
My daughters Ex owes over 100 grand on 2 kids......the court 'unfortunately' looks the other way. Wi gives little aide in helping with any type of welfare.

cheko1
03-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Thank you for the kind welcome, NRN :-)

Welcome to WS Mommy2Sarah!!!

kidz110
03-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Do you honestly think if Crystal was behind Haleigh's disappearance she would ask for assistance from an attorney and a PI in locating her daughter? Wouldn't that defeat her purpose. Then she'd really be risking jail time. Much more time than she may get for unpaid child support.

Jholi
03-15-2009, 03:17 PM

:parrot:Me too, and well said. :thumb:

pirate
03-15-2009, 03:22 PM
The more we learn and see of Ron and Misty, the less likely I think custody will remain with them.

Granted, they may not have belonged with Crystal back then either, but I feel strongly that she has handled Haleigh's disappearance with a great deal of patience. If I were her, I would be on Geraldo and any other show that would have me every night spilling my guts about EVERYTHING I knew and heard about Ron and Misty.

The only people I've heard say anything positive about Ron and Misty are people here who do not know him and their own families.

Blue Ridge
03-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Welcome to WS Mommy2Sarah!!!

Thank you cheko1 :-) Glad to be here (well, finally taking the plunge to post anyway!)

MADJGNLAW
03-15-2009, 03:38 PM
I think once we are able to read the statements given by each party we will get a better idea on who is on the up and up. Right now we have a lot of hearsay, and I know we should not discuss rumor, but once you hear from locals about what is going on you tend to follow the people that are there. I really don't think Cobra is in this for publicity or would jeopardize his career for 15min of fame. His passion is to get these pedophiles off the street and hunt people down. If someone did abduct this child, he doesn't have to follow all the rules as LE would and sad to say but a lot of people that may be associated with Ron, Misty and other's are not from the suburbs and will talk to a bounty hunter before they talk to LE. Most are afraid of LE. Heck I don't even like to be around LE, and I have never been in trouble. Heck, take that back I did get one speeding ticket and I cried for a month.
I say lets try to be patient and pray that Haleigh is found one way or another. Who cares who finds her. And if any locals are members, please keep all ears and eyes open.

SeriouslySearching
03-15-2009, 03:39 PM
The more we learn and see of Ron and Misty, the less likely I think custody will remain with them.

Granted, they may not have belonged with Crystal back then either, but I feel strongly that she has handled Haleigh's disappearance with a great deal of patience. If I were her, I would be on Geraldo and any other show that would have me every night spilling my guts about EVERYTHING I knew and heard about Ron and Misty.

The only people I've heard say anything positive about Ron and Misty are people here who do not know him and their own families.This is not true. I have seen articles etc. about Ronald where people who do know him have said positive things about him and his family. One of our members knows him personally and has said some very positive things in regards to his lifestyle, work ethic, care of the children, and other aspects.

SeriouslySearching
03-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Do you honestly think if Crystal was behind Haleigh's disappearance she would ask for assistance from an attorney and a PI in locating her daughter? Wouldn't that defeat her purpose. Then she'd really be risking jail time. Much more time than she may get for unpaid child support.I wasn't aware Crystal asked for assistance from this attorney or her PI. I thought her mother did? Or was it that her mother reportedly asked for assistance from the now debunked spokesperson?

Jholi
03-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Do you honestly think if Crystal was behind Haleigh's disappearance she would ask for assistance from an attorney and a PI in locating her daughter? Wouldn't that defeat her purpose. Then she'd really be risking jail time. Much more time than she may get for unpaid child support.

Exactly. And why would take Haleigh then, of all times? The timing is so over-the-top obvious, if anything, it looks more like someone with no sense of finesse was trying to time it in a way that framed her.

The reasons I don't suspect Crystal are:

a) Her reactions - from the early denial and resistance to appear immediately, to her physiological collapse in the first days (you cannot fake or force dehydration), to her anger with Ron, to her reactions in the trailer a few days ago - all the steps she has gone through appear consistent with what I read of her personality and approach to problems.

b) I don't think Crystal has it in her to plan to harm Haleigh, and even if she did, she would be too afraid of being caught. Trying to hide Haleigh then return her would involve too many risks.

c) LE doesn't appear to be doubting her story.

d) If Ron and Misty thought Crystal did it, they would be acting completely differently. (Same for TN)

I have and still do wonder about Chad or her father, depending on whether or not they would be stupid enough to do it that week.

The only reason I doubt their involvement is the lack of apparent suspicion by LE and others in that direction.

Not to mention the fact that Ron and Misty continue to make so many WTH moves, and LE, who knows so much more say that Misty is key; it's impossible for me to take my eyes off that direction and focus them onto Crystal.

Helplessly Hoping
03-15-2009, 03:50 PM
My personal take on Cobra is that Crystal is being proactive in the search for Haleigh and that if she had something to hide re Haleigh's disappearance, she would not have asked him as I am dang sure he is going to check her out too. MOO

kidz110
03-15-2009, 03:55 PM
I wasn't aware Crystal asked for assistance from this attorney or her PI. I thought her mother did? Or was it that her mother reportedly asked for assistance from the now debunked spokesperson?
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=133703&catid=295
"I believe they called me so the family could have someone to turn to for advice on who they should talk to. They didn't know who to trust," Picazio explained.
Picazio also says Sheffield is so upset about Haleigh that she is seeking counseling for her client.

I took these statements to mean that, even if Marie made the call (actually never read that), that Crystal was involved in contacting her and that Crystal is her client and asking her for assistance.

SeriouslySearching
03-15-2009, 04:01 PM
My personal take on Cobra is that Crystal is being proactive in the search for Haleigh and that if she had something to hide re Haleigh's disappearance, she would not have asked him as I am dang sure he is going to check her out too. MOOAgain, he came as a package deal with the attorney. Crystal did not ask him to become involved. I don't believe Crystal picked up the phone and sought out the attorney either as she has no money to do so. Someone else brought them into this case or they inserted themselves.

Helplessly Hoping
03-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Again, he came as a package deal with the attorney. Crystal did not ask him to become involved. I don't believe Crystal picked up the phone and sought out the attorney either as she has no money to do so. Someone else brought them into this case or they inserted themselves.

I am unconcerned in HOW he became involved and in reading what I have about Cobra, I feel that he is looking for a CHILD no matter where it points, Misty, Crystal or whoever. His job is to help find the child and he strikes me as a no-nonsense kind of guy. I would hope that both families would be grateful for the help regardless of how it came to them. I also do believe that there are decent people out there who do pro bono work. MOO

Jholi
03-15-2009, 04:08 PM
I am unconcerned in HOW he became involved and in reading what I have about Cobra, I feel that he is looking for a CHILD no matter where it points, Misty, Crystal or whoever. His job is to help find the child and he strikes me as a no-nonsense kind of guy. I would hope that both families would be grateful for the help regardless of how it came to them. I also do believe that there are decent people out there who do pro bono work. MOO

Amen. :thumb:

Helplessly Hoping
03-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Amen. :thumb:

Thanks...I mean we can't be suspicious of everyone's motive or we may as well live in caves...I believe that there are more good people out there than not.... :)

dimples37398
03-15-2009, 04:30 PM
I am not sure about what happened to Haleigh, and I don't know anyone involved in this case. I have noticed the actions of CS, Ron, and Misty, and just imo, the actions and comments of Ron and Misty do seem off. I don't know if any of them had anything to do with Haleigh missing, I am up in the air on who is involved.

It is strange to me that Ron got a tattoo when he did, and seemed aggravated about the news people being there. Choosing to get married when they did, and then being on the Today Show and that whole thing was just more than strange. Why would he marry someone who says well I know I told different stories about the night your daughter disappeared and I have no idea why I lied.

Why in the world would Ron go on national television and say detectives told him that Misty is not a suspect, and she passed her lie detector, if it wasn't true?

I haven't seen many interviews of CS but I don't really recall any super strange things that she has done or said.

pirate
03-15-2009, 04:32 PM
This is not true. I have seen articles etc. about Ronald where people who do know him have said positive things about him and his family. One of our members knows him personally and has said some very positive things in regards to his lifestyle, work ethic, care of the children, and other aspects.

Maybe I've missed those articles. And I can admit that I tend to be blind to anything positive about him because of what I have learned personally about him. Can you share the links here? I'd like to make sure the judgement I'm making based on local and family accounts is fair to Ron and Misty.

debs
03-15-2009, 04:35 PM

It could just as easily be argued that Ron, tired of paying for a sick child's medical bills, knowing Crystal had fallen behind on her child support (which has attached to it the contempt charge since it was court ordered to pay), planned to kill off Haleigh at the same time Crystal is served to go to court in order to cast suspicion in her direction. Crystal doesn't seem to be driven by revenge. She laid her life out there, hiding nothing, not trying to paint herself better in order for people to be sympathetic. Her past is filled with problems and a lot of those problems happened while she was involved with Ron. She stated what she went through and what she did. She has never said "Ron is a bad dad." She's no princess, but she's hardly Mata Hari, either.

pirate
03-15-2009, 04:40 PM
It could just as easily be argued that Ron, tired of paying for a sick child's medical bills, knowing Crystal had fallen behind on her child support (which has attached to it the contempt charge since it was court ordered to pay), planned to kill off Haleigh at the same time Crystal is served to go to court in order to cast suspicion in her direction. Crystal doesn't seem to be driven by revenge. She laid her life out there, hiding nothing, not trying to paint herself better in order for people to be sympathetic. Her past is filled with problems and a lot of those problems happened while she was involved with Ron. She stated what she went through and what she did. She has never said "Ron is a bad dad." She's no princess, but she's hardly Mata Hari, either.

That's a very interesting theory that never occurred to me. I never thought about Ron doing this- I assumed an associate or Misty was the culprit.

I have considered the possibility that discipline may have gotten out of hand but that never seemed to stick in my mind.

Someone else mentioned in another thread that he may have wanted only sons- but he did seem to love Haleigh and I have a hard time reconciling that he would have personally done anything to hurt her.

Yet I've had to rethink that considering the wedding last week.

Helplessly Hoping
03-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Pirate...I think you are negating that The Cummings' clan telling us it was all for Haleigh, as that is what she "wanted"....UGH

:(

lonetraveler
03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
--
I have a feeling that Ron and Misty's panties may be in a bind. Hey, Ron! I don't think this fella will be intimidated by you! :D

wam1174
03-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Maybe I've missed those articles. And I can admit that I tend to be blind to anything positive about him because of what I have learned personally about him. Can you share the links here? I'd like to make sure the judgement I'm making based on local and family accounts is fair to Ron and Misty.
Im pretty much with Pirate.
Take some of the on air interviews in the beginning of the case.

Some persons interviewed in support of RC/MC were local drug users/small time dealers. Those associations speak volumes of RC's character in my eyes.

lonetraveler
03-15-2009, 06:00 PM

---
Time will tell if both families are grateful for Cobra's help in finding Haleigh. It is going to get interesting if some of Haleigh's family have objections to Cobra searching. I say "GO, COBRA, GO, COBRA!!!!.

lonetraveler
03-15-2009, 06:06 PM

---
I'm in agreement with you Pirate. His atttitude speaks volumes. In reading about him or seeing interviews with the local folks or family, He is either a thug or he walks on water......................Opinion seems to swing in extreme opposites. It is way too bad that drug screens aren't required from parents or girlfriends or boyfriends when a child becomes missing. I personally think that DNA test, Drug tests and a Lie Detector Tests should be standard procedure and could maybe cut to the chase and find a missing child much earlier.

lonetraveler
03-15-2009, 06:10 PM

---
Well, he only has to be good enough to find Haleigh! Go Cobra!

scandi
03-15-2009, 06:11 PM

Possibly to throw suspicion away from her as we think G & K McCann did.

I personally do not think this is the case with Crystal tho. But believe it is a new trend for those under suspicion. IMO

I say GO COBRA too!

scandi
03-15-2009, 06:14 PM

Some persons interviewed in support of RC/MC were local drug users/small time dealers. Those associations speak volumes of RC's character in my eyes.

Hi Wam1174, I just wanted to say WELCOME to WS. :hand: {that's my hi-5 ;}

lonetraveler
03-15-2009, 06:15 PM

---
Yep! I bet he speaks the language of the local boys just fine.

nomad
03-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Hello, I've been keeping up reading here. I can't add much to what I've read, but one observation I've made is that RC seems to mumble, or his speech always seems slurred to me. The recent interview in NY turned out turrble, imo.
ok back to reading now....

Emeralgem
03-15-2009, 06:40 PM
---
I'm in agreement with you Pirate. His atttitude speaks volumes. In reading about him or seeing interviews with the local folks or family, He is either a thug or he walks on water......................Opinion seems to swing in extreme opposites. It is way too bad that drug screens aren't required from parents or girlfriends or boyfriends when a child becomes missing. I personally think that DNA test, Drug tests and a Lie Detector Tests should be standard procedure and could maybe cut to the chase and find a missing child much earlier.

Bolded by me... I can assure you it is NOT the latter...

Darn I hope this turns out right... Never bolded before..

cheko1
03-15-2009, 07:20 PM

Welcome to WS wam1174!
Always nice to see our newbies!!!

If I missed any others :hand: !!!!

harleysnana
03-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Speaking from YEARS of experience on the child support angle, my son's dad had enough contempt charges filed at him to paper his bathroom....he never saw the inside of a jail cell. MOO

It probably depends on where you live.
Here if they get behind a year or $5,000 they get a court ordered to make them get a job.
If they don't get a job and start paying then they get a contempt charge and go to jail.
If they don't keep a job they go to jail again.

My x son in law was behind a year and has has been arrested 2 times already!

scratchthatitch
03-15-2009, 08:10 PM
I wasn't aware Crystal asked for assistance from this attorney or her PI. I thought her mother did? Or was it that her mother reportedly asked for assistance from the now debunked spokesperson?

I find it interesting the order in which the resources were retained-

1st Spokespe..whoops-Attorney...

2nd PI

Interesting. Maybe the PI wasn't Crystal's call at all. If that's the case, the only call Crystal made was to the *ahem*spokesperson....:rolleyes:

Tichad3
03-15-2009, 08:13 PM
What happened to the spokesperson?

MADJGNLAW
03-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Family Advocate Out

Kim Picazio, an attorney representing the Sheffield family, released the following statement Saturday.

"Wanted to thank Kruger for her emotional support.... but at this time she is not associated, affiliated or working for Picazio or the Sheffield family." Kruger’s abrupt departure does raise questions. http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstories/story/Haleigh-Cummings-Family-Advocate-Out/8iP23JfsQ0eg5Q4r0Kw_EQ.cspx

zadari
03-15-2009, 09:37 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::rotfl:

MADJGNLAW
03-16-2009, 06:32 AM
Maybe the break in the case has to do with the article below?
*Snip*
Link: http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

Monday night exclusive: Haleigh's father Ronald Cummings joins Nancy Grace. Who has the five-year-old missing girl, and has a clue been found on a stretch of Florida highway?

kolokolo
03-16-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by Tichad3

Family Advocate Out

Kim Picazio, an attorney representing the Sheffield family, released the following statement Saturday.

"Wanted to thank Kruger for her emotional support.... but at this time she is not associated, affiliated or working for Picazio or the Sheffield family." Kruger’s abrupt departure does raise questions. http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstor...Q4r0Kw_EQ.cspx

Well she was effective ... for about a whole 15mins!

SeriouslySearching
03-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Well, Madjgnlaw~ It is certainly a good question NG is asking, but LE said they didn't find anything...so my guess the answer to her lead-in is, "No.". LOL

Still waiting on that "Big Break" Cobra and the "team" keep spewing...not seeing it yet tho. Where is it?!

weasel
03-16-2009, 09:21 AM

I understand what you mean. The fact that Haleigh's biological mother hadn't seen her in two weeks before this happened, didn't have custody and is behind in child support payments speaks volumes about her too.

aprilshowers
03-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Does anybody have a website for Cobra?

TIA

SeriouslySearching
03-16-2009, 09:41 AM
You can google him I am sure!

Emeralgem
03-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Does anybody have a website for Cobra?

TIA

I don't have a link for a webpage, but you can find him on youtube... There are several video links on this thread I believe...

ValleySailor
03-16-2009, 02:57 PM

I believe 'player' posted that he lives very near Ron, knows him but not well, and basically stated he seemed to be good guy who loved his kids. I'll see if I can find that post for ya.

ValleySailor
03-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Here ya go, pirate:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3456955#post3456955

I think this is how I do this...

pirate
03-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Here ya go, pirate:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3456955#post3456955

I think this is how I do this...

Thanks Valley but I was referring to articles and media accounts that Seriously Searching referred to as opposed to an anonymous internet forum poster.

whittymom4
03-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm glad he's on the case. I just do think he's embellishing his record. By all means, the more folks on the case means the better chance of solving it. And that's a good thing. Just doubtful of his record, not about him being able to help. ;)

He is legit, google him and read all of the reports made about him in the news. I thought he "padded" his resume too but was very surprised to find his long list of accomplishments. He's captured terrorists, drug runners, child molesters, etc... it is all there in reports by ABC, NBC, CBS, 60 Minutes, Dateline, etc.... I think he is the real bounty hunter and I pray he can make a difference in this case. It has been too long, the family needs some answers soon. Bring this little one home.

whittymom4
03-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Quite a record. That's an average of almost a fugitive a day.... I have my doubts.

Google him and find his accomplishments reported on ABC, NBC, CBS, DATELINE, 60 MINUTES, etc. Very lengthy career of 30 yrs. I hope he can bring her home soon!

whittymom4
03-16-2009, 10:43 PM

Wow so many people with negative opinions of this person who has donated his time and resources. I have posted this same comment three or four times now, Google him. He has a lengthy list of accomplishments reported by ABC, NBC, CBS, DATELINE, 60 MINUTES, etc... Hopefully he can continue his good record and bring Haleigh home.

daisy.faithfull
03-17-2009, 03:56 AM
Wow so many people with negative opinions of this person who has donated his time and resources. I have posted this same comment three or four times now, Google him. He has a lengthy list of accomplishments reported by ABC, NBC, CBS, DATELINE, 60 MINUTES, etc... Hopefully he can continue his good record and bring Haleigh home.

Not me-- I think he looks like he is good at what he does, and if are people that don't want to go to the police because they have legal issues themselves or are afraid to come forward for fear of retaliation, they might feelmore comfortable with the PI. He just has to find them.

shotzie
03-17-2009, 11:24 AM
If Cobra can use all those devices..good for him, just hearing things around the town in different peoples houses should tell alot..hope he goes to the main bar in town and just sits and listens..that's where u hear alot, since the drinking loosens tongues.:laugh:

Becky319
03-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Praying that Cobra can help bring Haleigh home. I am so appreciate of all he has done to protect and stand up for children.

alwaysonmymind
03-17-2009, 11:53 AM
If Cobra can use all those devices..good for him, just hearing things around the town in different peoples houses should tell alot..hope he goes to the main bar in town and just sits and listens..that's where u hear alot, since the drinking loosens tongues.:laugh:

Bars, beauty shops and church. That's where the information is. MOO

debs
03-17-2009, 12:16 PM
With as many snakes as appears to be associated with this incident, Cobra would have been better nicknamed "Mongoose."

kiki the parrot
03-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Wow owing $4k in support is definitely motive to spend the rest of your life in prison :waitasec: My ex was behind for years and owed $22k at one point and just imagine... not one child was kidnapped or turned up missing.
:rolleyes:

Bobbisangel
03-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Ron should feel ashamed of himself that this total stranger is donating his services and time to look for Haleigh, all while her own father is shacked up in a hotel in NYC with his 17-yr-old wife, planning weddings, not working and doing who knows what else. Why isn't Ron on the ground combing through woods, going door-to-door, etc?

Ron and Misty are no longer "shacking up" they happen to be married and were married when they went to NYC to do a show. I doubt if their wedding took much planning as it was a small one and besides...the male usually doesn't do much of the planning. They didn't pick the hotel they stayed in...the show did. By being on these shows...they are keeping Haleighs face and name out there.

We don't know that Ron hasn't been out combing through the woods looking for Haleigh. We know that he has borrowed horses and went looking for Haleigh by himself. How do we know that he hasn't already been door to door looking for his daughter? We have no idea how he spends his days. I notice nothing positive was said when Ron was the only one out looking for Haleigh while everyone else sat on their butts in their tent. I haven't heard of Crystal or her stepbrother boyfriend out combing the woods looking. Ron isn't the only parent here that should be out looking.

Bobbisangel
03-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm just sitting here waiting for a miracle to happen.....like Cobra bringing Haleigh home. Let's get going Cobra...show us your stuff.

Donjeta
03-17-2009, 04:31 PM
I think the parents and other close relatives should stay away from searches. It's been over a month and if Haleigh is found deceased it will probably not be a pretty sight. How horrible if a grieving relative would stumble over her in a forest. If they need to do something to find her they should deliver flyers or create a web page for Haleigh or something.

MADJGNLAW
03-17-2009, 05:05 PM
I think the parents and other close relatives should stay away from searches. It's been over a month and if Haleigh is found deceased it will probably not be a pretty sight. How horrible if a grieving relative would stumble over her in a forest. If they need to do something to find her they should deliver flyers or create a web page for Haleigh or something.

I agree with what your saying. However, we are going to have people say well they are not searching they don't care, or they are searching but they will hide any evidence.. there is no way to win when someone is in a situation like this. I pray Cobra (Who I have goggled and since I don't know his real name I can't get any background info on him) will help bring Haleigh home safe.

Emeralgem
03-17-2009, 05:24 PM
I agree with what your saying. However, we are going to have people say well they are not searching they don't care, or they are searching but they will hide any evidence.. there is no way to win when someone is in a situation like this. I pray Cobra (Who I have goggled and since I don't know his real name I can't get any background info on him) will help bring Haleigh home safe.

I believe COBRA's real name is either William Stah or Staub..

Tom'sGirl
03-17-2009, 05:29 PM
William "Cobra" Staubs as per Google search "Bounty Hunter Cobra"

SeriouslySearching
03-17-2009, 07:22 PM
(Tapping my foot) Where is that "BIG BREAK" in this case he said was coming?! Is it here yet?!

SeriouslySearching
03-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Wow owing $4k in support is definitely motive to spend the rest of your life in prison :waitasec: My ex was behind for years and owed $22k at one point and just imagine... not one child was kidnapped or turned up missing.
:rolleyes:

:parrot:I would consider myself lucky as children are killed for much less than that every day by parents/perps all over the world. Some not for money, but for revenge alone. Some for jealousy. And still others for sexual abuses when the perp wants to avoid capture and doesn't want to spend time in jail.

These are all angles which I do hope Cobra is checking out.

SeriouslySearching
03-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Wow so many people with negative opinions of this person who has donated his time and resources. I have posted this same comment three or four times now, Google him. He has a lengthy list of accomplishments reported by ABC, NBC, CBS, DATELINE, 60 MINUTES, etc... Hopefully he can continue his good record and bring Haleigh home.I hope his good record means he can find Haleigh, too. He shouldn't have been spouting about the big break if he can't deliver tho.

Busylady
03-17-2009, 07:47 PM
I will do some searching and see if I can find the article, the spokesperson contacted Marie Sheffield, and attorney, and PI followed after spokesperson. Also the gentleman setting up the command center is a event planner who volunteered his time and expertise to get it going. I do not think Crystal contacted anyone.

Busylady
03-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Ya know I have been thinking about the Ron and Misty saying they passed their lie detector test. I know there is the article that states LE is satisfied with Ron and Mistys lie detector test, there is no mention of Crystals test. I realize that satisfied does not mean passed, but I wonder if to Ron and Misty it does? Maybe because LE specifically names them Ron and Misty they took that as our results are in and LE says we passed. Originally Misty said they did not say much to her about the results of the test so later hearing they are satisfied maybe they are thinking Crystals and others are not in yet but ours are and they are satisfied so we passed?

Also on Ron saying Misty is not a suspect, LE officer did say he would not list Misty as a suspect, so if Ron asked if she was named a suspect LE could of simply said no. Unless LE went into an explanation that Misty was not cleared etc he went with the ok LE says she isnt a suspect.

I really think alot of things are just up to interpretation. I do not think Ron is misleading the public on purpose. It is obvious that if he tells something that a lie LE comes right out and corrects it, so would be very silly for him to be lying about these things.

I am not sure about what happened to Haleigh, and I don't know anyone involved in this case. I have noticed the actions of CS, Ron, and Misty, and just imo, the actions and comments of Ron and Misty do seem off. I don't know if any of them had anything to do with Haleigh missing, I am up in the air on who is involved.

It is strange to me that Ron got a tattoo when he did, and seemed aggravated about the news people being there. Choosing to get married when they did, and then being on the Today Show and that whole thing was just more than strange. Why would he marry someone who says well I know I told different stories about the night your daughter disappeared and I have no idea why I lied.

Why in the world would Ron go on national television and say detectives told him that Misty is not a suspect, and she passed her lie detector, if it wasn't true?

I haven't seen many interviews of CS but I don't really recall any super strange things that she has done or said.

lakelandladi
03-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Ya know I have been thinking about the Ron and Misty saying they passed their lie detector test. I know there is the article that states LE is satisfied with Ron and Mistys lie detector test, there is no mention of Crystals test. I realize that satisfied does not mean passed, but I wonder if to Ron and Misty it does? Maybe because LE specifically names them Ron and Misty they took that as our results are in and LE says we passed. Originally Misty said they did not say much to her about the results of the test so later hearing they are satisfied maybe they are thinking Crystals and others are not in yet but ours are and they are satisfied so we passed?

Also on Ron saying Misty is not a suspect, LE officer did say he would not list Misty as a suspect, so if Ron asked if she was named a suspect LE could of simply said no. Unless LE went into an explanation that Misty was not cleared etc he went with the ok LE says she isnt a suspect.

I really think alot of things are just up to interpretation. I do not think Ron is misleading the public on purpose. It is obvious that if he tells something that a lie LE comes right out and corrects it, so would be very silly for him to be lying about these things.

I agree. If Ron directly asked LE if Misty was a suspect LE would have to say no. If they say yes the ball game changes. I am sure when Misty walked out of the interview refusing to speak with that officer anymore, the natural thing for Ron to do would be ask LE if Misty is a suspect.

As far as the poly...I have taken one before. The man giving it did not say pass or fail because that is not how they are viewed...they are viewed per question. What he did say to me was "It looks good." Which means that the poly worked..wouldnt need redone...BUT to a 17 year old that would sound like she passed..or they passed.

If LE is worried about little inconsistencies that is crazy..now if they have major inconsistencies that would be a different story. After this length of time if LE doesn't know something I hardly think it is because Misty said Haleigh was in the big bed one time and in the tot bed another time. JMO

Littleone48
03-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I agree. If Ron directly asked LE if Misty was a suspect LE would have to say no. If they say yes the ball game changes. I am sure when Misty walked out of the interview refusing to speak with that officer anymore, the natural thing for Ron to do would be ask LE if Misty is a suspect.

As far as the poly...I have taken one before. The man giving it did not say pass or fail because that is not how they are viewed...they are viewed per question. What he did say to me was "It looks good." Which means that the poly worked..wouldnt need redone...BUT to a 17 year old that would sound like she passed..or they passed.

If LE is worried about little inconsistencies that is crazy..now if they have major inconsistencies that would be a different story. After this length of time if LE doesn't know something I hardly think it is because Misty said Haleigh was in the big bed one time and in the tot bed another time. JMO

About Misty walking out of an interview. True story. I have an 18 year old young lady that works for me. Actually she reminds me of Misty so much. Long story short she took a fake bill and she knew who gave it to her. I called the police. To be honest, her story changed like 4 times. The officer spoke with her and played the "mean" cop. She asked him if she had to talk to him and he said no. She got up and left, called me crying because he was so mean to her. Mind you she was innocent in the whole thing but her story kept changing. She knew she had nothing to do with making the bill but he was so threatening that he scared her to death.

One last funny thing about this story she described the guy as being 5'4" around 25. He was 6'2" and 37. Go figure.

I know big difference fake money vs missing child but wouldn't you think that she would stay and try and convince them that she was telling the truth?

Donjeta
03-17-2009, 08:36 PM

Yeah, I don't think that the solution of this case hangs on knowing exactly where Haleigh was sleeping and which bathroom Misty used and whether she noticed that Haleigh was gone before or after thinking that she should call Ron etc. Those are minor details and I can't see how getting them straight would lead to the identity of the perpetrator if it was a stranger who broke in and stole the child.

However, if there happened to be plenty of little meaningless inconsistencies that were seemingly not relevant to solving the crime, but she couldn't clarify those little meaningless inconsistencies in more than 30 hours of questioning, they would suddenly start to look relevant to the LE because they might indicate that her story was a lie.

lakelandladi
03-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I don't think that the solution of this case hangs on knowing exactly where Haleigh was sleeping and which bathroom Misty used and whether she noticed that Haleigh was gone before or after thinking that she should call Ron etc. Those are minor details and I can't see how getting them straight would lead to the identity of the perpetrator if it was a stranger who broke in and stole the child.

However, if there happened to be plenty of little meaningless inconsistencies that were seemingly not relevant to solving the crime, but she couldn't clarify those little meaningless inconsistencies in more than 30 hours of questioning, they would suddenly start to look relevant to the LE because they might indicate that her story was a lie.

Right except they have given her 3 polys...they know what issues she is lying about...if any....so there is no reason for LE to be concerned with the little stuff...IMO. If they dont know by now if 1) she was in the home 2)she knows who took Haleigh 3)If she harmed Haleigh then they need to go back to Investigations 101 JMO

ETA: How often do LE get a perp to take a poly...much less 3. I would think that because of the polys that both Ron and Misty took, the investigation should be much further along then LE is letting on. JMO

tfrohning
03-17-2009, 09:21 PM

I know in one of her inviews, that Misty said that she got up to go to the bathroom and notice the kitchen light on , she never got to the bathroom, she went to the kitchen and seem the door open. So has anyone asked did you ever go to the bathroom? and what bathroom did she use?

tfrohning
03-17-2009, 09:53 PM
I do wonder if Ron and Misty will help the PI with the investigate?

Busylady
03-17-2009, 11:45 PM
IMO as long as the PI ask questions about Haleigh and not about other accusations I think they will cooperate fully.

I do wonder if Ron and Misty will help the PI with the investigate?

MADJGNLAW
03-18-2009, 07:42 AM
Thank You, it seems you are correct, in this article it gives his full name.

First Coast News: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/f...134030&catid=4

One man doing some of that research is private investigator W.S.

Staubs told First Coast News, "I'm an agent in bail bonds and I'm pulling all the records on the child molesters and child pedophiles... that are out on bond."

EclecticArtist
03-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Is it true that there is a couple of experienced searchers helping search for little Haleigh? G & C A. ????:doh: I thought, early on., in Haleigh's disappearance, they (G & C) were asked to leave and not help in the investigation?????

IMHO, G & C need to clean up their own house B4 cleaning up others!

Kat
03-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi, I don't have time to read through these posts, I'm working on another area in another thread but as I was working I came across an interesting connection for those who were wondering how the PI and the Attn. for CS "might have" known of each other prior to the PI being invited to work on this case...

If it's already been posted please just skip over....

Wm. E. Staubs (PI) has a potential room mate listed as M. J. P*****O. (Same surname as attn. for CS)

Relatives for M. J. P*****o include: K. A. Picazio nee' Lowrey. Attn for CS I believe, please correct me if I am mistaken. (Attn. Picazio uses maiden name initial now as middle initial.) K. L. Picazio.

Both M. J. P and the PI also have possible work histories in construction and support of that industry which may be a coincidence or could be prior connections within this industry.

Just posted this to satisfy anyone's curiosity about this aspect. It isn't a fact that is important to the case.
So, apparently yes, to answer our questions on how this PI became involved in this case through the attn. is that the attn. knew this PI prior to taking on this case.

kiki the parrot
03-18-2009, 12:24 PM

Exactly... clocking and mocking Cobra w/in 48 hours, rushing to criticize--while they themselves do nothing :waitasec: And re "all" those ruthless parents "killing" all their children "every day" over miniscule arrearages, phew... just wondering how they choose which one? Eenie-meenie-miny-mo, I'm mad at dad one's gotta go :confused: JMO

kiki the parrot
03-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Or maybe they kill them off one by one, until the back support has been caught up and paid in full... :waitasec: but wait, oh yea you can't collect support on children who are deceased. Looks to me as if Crystal's moved on w her life so we can safely rule out jealousy as well as SA by mom... Nope, not seeing alot of motive here. JMO

MADJGNLAW
03-18-2009, 12:43 PM
I was not sure where to post this, so mod's please move where needed.
It's about the fact that now the calls are being transfered to the call center in Canada. I feel this is going to help out a lot in the investigation. If I am not mistaken, please correct me here where I am wrong. In the Anthony case the SA had to give Baez all the tips and then the media put them out for the public view. I have always felt that a lot of people will not come forward in fear that their name will be exposed.

Haleigh callers swamp center In Canada

Yes, she said, for legal reasons to protect the identity of callers.

"We use a Canadian call center because the tipster information and their phone number can never be subpoenaed," DeWees said. "All of our calls are 800 numbers that are forwarded to the Canadian call center." http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/18/news/news01.txt

Trino
03-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Has anyone heard from Cobra? He came into the investigation with such a splash, and, now, not much.

SeriouslySearching
03-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Any "Big break" yet?! Still waiting, Cobra!! (Tapping my foot and grumbling)

SeriouslySearching
03-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Or maybe they kill them off one by one, until the back support has been caught up and paid in full... :waitasec: but wait, oh yea you can't collect support on children who are deceased. Looks to me as if Crystal's moved on w her life so we can safely rule out jealousy as well as SA by mom... Nope, not seeing alot of motive here. JMO
:parrot:OFF TOPIC: The motives ARE there and maybe there is a need to step back to see the bigger picture. I realize while blinders are a good way to go about keeping a focus on only what people want to see, they are very detrimental when it comes to solving a case.

natsound
03-19-2009, 11:58 PM
I know in one of her inviews, that Misty said that she got up to go to the bathroom and notice the kitchen light on , she never got to the bathroom, she went to the kitchen and seem the door open. So has anyone asked did you ever go to the bathroom? and what bathroom did she use?

The whole bathroom thing bothers me. She says she got up to go to the bathroom. She was asleep and she woke up. From what we've seen of the positioning of the bed, it seems to me she would notice the light on in the kitchen before she even got out of the bed. But she phrases it in a way that suggests she got up, then noticed the light was on in the kitchen.

It would make sense for her to say "I woke up and noticed the kitchen light was on".

SeriouslySearching
03-20-2009, 12:04 AM
What possible difference does it make WHICH bathroom she decided to pee in or why?! Ugh! How does it solve this case? How does it bring Haleigh home? Does seeing the light in the kitchen tell us anything about who took Haleigh really?! No. These details are really very meaningless, imo.

cajun
03-20-2009, 12:09 AM
P.I. Searches for Haleigh | Video http://www.cbs47.com/default.aspx

P.I. Searches for Haleigh | Video http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstories/story/P-I-Searches-for-Haleigh/rwX4oL0NrE6kKhoe2vdr-g.cspx

SATSUMA, Fla. -- There's a new investigator on the Haleigh Cummings case. He calls himself Cobra. He's a private investigator from Fort Lauderdale, who is in Satsuma at Haleigh's mother's request.

"In 30 years he caught over 8000 fugitives, 199 child molesters, 2 murderers, and one terrorist," says Cobra. Now his focus is on Haleigh. Thursday, he joined police in their ground search.

P.I. who calls himself Cobra said yesterday that he feels they will have a big break in the case soon.

From what I understand he is working for the Mother of Haleigh free of charge. They don't have a story yet only a video. He feels confident there will be a break in the case real soon. I pray he is right! What frightens me is that they are doing ground searches lately. I pray Haleigh is alive. None of the results have came back from the lab or they did and LE is not sharing. I just hope no decomposition was found in any of the items that LE took in for testing in the past.

Sounds like Dominic Casey. Since I've been MIA for a bit did cs find him or did he insert himself into this case?

SeriouslySearching
03-20-2009, 12:14 AM
He came as a package deal with the new Attorney for CS. In other words...he did indeed insert himself into the case. Pro Bono, of course. ;)

cajun
03-20-2009, 01:10 AM
SS :blowkiss:,
In Wis a person rarely goes to jail for Contempt of Court for child support.
My daughters Ex owes over 100 grand on 2 kids......the court 'unfortunately' looks the other way. Wi gives little aide in helping with any type of welfare.
In TX you will spend time in jail. I've known a couple of guys that spent weekends in jail because of not paying child support.

cajun
03-20-2009, 01:23 AM

Ron has insurance on the kids so I don't think that would be a motive and how would he know the court was going to file contempt charges on Crystal? Do they tell people that in advance of them doing it?

Bobbisangel
03-20-2009, 01:30 AM
The whole bathroom thing bothers me. She says she got up to go to the bathroom. She was asleep and she woke up. From what we've seen of the positioning of the bed, it seems to me she would notice the light on in the kitchen before she even got out of the bed. But she phrases it in a way that suggests she got up, then noticed the light was on in the kitchen.

It would make sense for her to say "I woke up and noticed the kitchen light was on".

If I woke up and discovered that my 5 yr old daughter was missing I doubt that I would make much sense either my mind would be racing so fast or it would just be numb. I think we need to put ourselves in this girl's place and really think about how we would act and what we would say. I doubt that we would say things just the way they happened or even remember the way things went step by step. We probably wouldn't make much sense right off the bat either. I know I wouldn't because I would be terrified out of my mind and I wouldn't want to sit down to answer questions and explain every detail of what happened. I would want to be looking for my daughter. I would be a wreck. I don't make it a habit to swear but I might even get a swear word in there too. Instead of questioning me I would want LE to get out there and find my child.

Salem
03-20-2009, 01:35 AM
I want to know where the break in the case is and where is the arrest?????? What is this PI doing????

Salem

cajun
03-20-2009, 01:41 AM
He came as a package deal with the new Attorney for CS. In other words...he did indeed insert himself into the case. Pro Bono, of course. ;)

figures and I see he is working pro bono, too. I have never seen so many kind hearted people in Fla. that work pro bono. Yep, that is sarcasm :rolleyes:

snookie
03-20-2009, 01:44 AM
I want to know where the break in the case is and where is the arrest?????? What is this PI doing????

SalemYeah, when's this Cobra gonna strike?

cajun
03-20-2009, 02:37 AM
I have done a little searching and it seems he has 2 companies(if I am reading everything right) Hi-rise Repair Corp and Lightning Strike Force

Here is a number of cases that he was attached too in someway in Broward County and one is a Dissoulution of Children and the attorney is Picazio..
http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/BCCOC2/Pubsearch/case_search_results.aspx?hidSearchType=party_case&txtLastName=staubs&txtFirstName=william&txtMiddleInitial=&txtBusinessEntity=&chkAdvSearch=0&cboCourtType=&sbmPublicParty=Submit&user_type=

here is his PI license with the state of FL

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/cgi-bin/LicWebSrchInd.exe?TYPE=INDIVIDUAL&CATEGORY=&COUNTY=00&LICENSE=C%209600786&STATUS=IND_DETAIL

nothing earth shattering but I know some were curious about "cobra"

Bathbuddys
03-20-2009, 03:34 AM

The only people I've heard say anything positive about Ron and Misty are people here who do not know him and their own families.

Pirate?
Can you clarify what you are talking about in your last sentence of your post?
I have thought Crystal has had more of a motive in all of this from the beginning and one of the reasons is that she is pointing the fingers at everyone else and she basically gave up on the children that she is just NOW saying are and were terribly abused?
She has a new daughter that is 9 months old and had left her baby that was only 6 months old?
She is asking for donations for her and her children?
This does not make any reasonable sense to me as how is she taking care of the baby she has and why hasnt she brought this up before now?
They put off her hearing of not paying child support for now while searching for Haleigh. Why put this all on the media.
She is saying that Ron has been living in a tent? She was too and now asking
for donations for the place she is now staying in for free and she already has a home that she should have her not missing child at?
Also she has the motive to have someone take the daughter and then get custody of Jr to get back at Ron?
I PERSONALLY know that Ron will not accept personal donations and that the money from the B of A is going for the reward fund and neither party is allowed that money.
I think Crystal has not been looked at closely enough by us here and that everyone is so apt to blame Misty and Ron.
I am sure hoping that Le is looking closer than most.

I am not taking sides on this case but we should not rule anyone out in this case and the parties that are pointing fingers should be careful in the publics eye..

radio
03-20-2009, 03:51 AM
I am so http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee166/benzo_013/waiting.gif for a break in this case!!

natsound
03-20-2009, 08:15 AM
What possible difference does it make WHICH bathroom she decided to pee in or why?! Ugh! How does it solve this case? How does it bring Haleigh home? Does seeing the light in the kitchen tell us anything about who took Haleigh really?! No. These details are really very meaningless, imo.

Gosh you've been on these boards for so long I thought you might understand that every nuance deserves to be looked at... especially about ther person who was last known to be with the child. Of course it won't solve the case, but listening very carefully to the story MC has told could be helpful. I really thought you would understand that... I hope I'm helping you a little bit.

SeriouslySearching
03-20-2009, 08:55 AM
I guess the point is I have been looking at every nuance here and it is why I don't see any further reason to keep questioning the bathroom visit and the light. We have rehashed it to exhaustion.

Which bathroom doesn't lead anywhere since she didn't end up there and the light could have been turned on by anyone including Haleigh. Nothing personal, Nat. I want to see this case solved, too. I want Haleigh home.

Granted, the inconsistencies are there...but what do they mean in the bigger picture? How do they tie into Haleigh going missing? Sure...they could mean that Misty is lying. They could also mean that Misty doesn't remember clearly or she is trying too hard to remember things so has inserted information which didn't happen exactly that way making it sound like she is lying. I wish Misty would agree to undergo hypno-therapy to try and resolve the issue if she has nothing to hide.

If this was a stranger abduction, look how much time has been wasted on Misty and the inconsistencies. 30 plus hours alone just in interrogations which could have been used to find Haleigh and the real perp instead.

radio
03-20-2009, 08:58 AM
I guess the point is I have been looking at every nuance here and it is why I don't see any further reason to keep questioning the bathroom visit and the light. We have rehashed it to exhaustion.

Which bathroom doesn't lead anywhere since she didn't end up there and the light could have been turned on by anyone including Haleigh. Nothing personal, Nat. I want to see this case solved, too. I want Haleigh home.

Granted, the inconsistencies are there...but what do they mean in the bigger picture? How do they tie into Haleigh going missing? Sure...they could mean that Misty is lying. They could also mean that Misty doesn't remember clearly or she is trying too hard to remember things so has inserted information which didn't happen exactly that way making it sound like she is lying. I wish Misty would agree to undergo hypno-therapy to try and resolve the issue if she has nothing to hide.

If this was a stranger abduction, look how much time has been wasted on Misty and the inconsistencies. 30 plus hours alone just in interrogations which could have been used to find Haleigh and the real perp instead.

I think a lot of the confusion is just the way Misty speaks - maybe. She gets up to go to the bathroom. She never said which one that I recall. She could have seen the light coming from the kitchen in her own bedroom.

I'm just so fed up with all these people!!! Get the **** out of your mouth and say something! LOL!!!

Indigo
03-20-2009, 09:12 AM

I dunno, Seriously. I think that if the inconsistencies were simply due to Misty's age or stress, LE wouldn't be so harsh on her right now. The fact that the only thing they've told the public is that Misty is the key to this investigation speaks volumes. JMO, of course.

lakelandladi
03-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Cobra's definition of "soon" is apparently much different then my definition of "soon."

debs
03-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Ron has insurance on the kids so I don't think that would be a motive and how would he know the court was going to file contempt charges on Crystal? Do they tell people that in advance of them doing it?

He knew there was a hearing coming up.

debs
03-20-2009, 09:42 AM

You think 30 hours of talking to the person who last saw Haleigh to be a waste? This same person whose inconsistencies go far beyond the bathroom and a drink of water and whether a light was left on. Really? Who is the "real" perp, then? Where should LE look but where the trail starts and ends? I'd sure love a clue, and it seems you have one. Where is this "real" perp?

SeriouslySearching
03-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Please, if you are going to quote me...don't take it out of context: If this was a stranger abduction, look how much time has been wasted on Misty and the inconsistencies. 30 plus hours alone just in interrogations which could have been used to find Haleigh and the real perp instead.

I don't know who the "real perp" is and neither does LE. They have hit a brick wall with the investigation and they need to correct their nearsightedness. If they are no further along with Misty...they have learned nothing because there is nothing.

ETA: Her inconsistencies don't stretch far from the bathroom or the light in the kitchen. The pink tshirt is the other one. She explained the bed situation.

Tichad3
03-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Anything from Cobra yet??? Bueller, Bueller.....

This guy hasn't wowed me at all. I was all set for him to start busting arse and finding answers. IMO Kronk has this guy beat hands down.

MADJGNLAW
03-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Cobra's definition of "soon" is apparently much different then my definition of "soon."

I agree...I wonder if the break in the case has anything to do with the allegations of abuse and drugs? I am glad he is out there helping...I just hope the find some creditable leads to where this poor child may be...

Indigo
03-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Please, if you are going to quote me...don't take it out of context: If this was a stranger abduction, look how much time has been wasted on Misty and the inconsistencies. 30 plus hours alone just in interrogations which could have been used to find Haleigh and the real perp instead.

I don't know who the "real perp" is and neither does LE. They have hit a brick wall with the investigation and they need to correct their nearsightedness. If they are no further along with Misty...they have learned nothing because there is nothing.

ETA: Her inconsistencies don't stretch far from the bathroom or the light in the kitchen. The pink tshirt is the other one. She explained the bed situation.

(respectfully bolded) I think it's possible that LE has a very good idea who the perp is. Having enough evidence to convict is a different story altogether. JMO.

natsound
03-20-2009, 11:32 AM

snipped

If this was a stranger abduction, or even if it was an acquaintance, that person or persons got into the house somehow. It's very possible that MC unlocked that deadbolt some time during the course of the evening and never locked it back up, and she just won't admit it. There are plenty of scenarios to consider. MC may very well be a key to this investigation, so it's crucial to look at every step she made that night.

KR2tonenow
03-20-2009, 11:46 AM
(respectfully bolded) I think it's possible that LE has a very good idea who the perp is. Having enough evidence to convict is a different story altogether. JMO.

I agree. There had to be some fingerprints (something) on the door. I don 't think these people are smart enough frankly. Its some POS SO and they need physical proof. My guess it is the cousin and he came back that night while everyone was asleep.

itsyourworld
03-20-2009, 11:57 AM
You think 30 hours of talking to the person who last saw Haleigh to be a waste? This same person whose inconsistencies go far beyond the bathroom and a drink of water and whether a light was left on. Really? Who is the "real" perp, then? Where should LE look but where the trail starts and ends? I'd sure love a clue, and it seems you have one. Where is this "real" perp?

Debbie, as always, you make sense out of nonsense seem so....logical!

debs
03-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Debbie, as always, you make sense out of nonsense seem so....logical!

Thanks! My older sister taught me that logic is always the best way to go.

Dr. Know?
03-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before. Also, warning bad language.

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/4014463.php

debs
03-20-2009, 12:37 PM

Here's a chilling statement: Cobra told Ron about "Greg"—a young African American male with whom Misty was rumored to have been having sex
· Cobra said Ron confirmed that he knew all about "Greg"
· Cobra asked Ron why he married Misty anyway
Ron replied that “she is the only tie he has to Haleigh and that he will keep her until Haleigh returns”

elle1919
03-20-2009, 12:46 PM

wow, that is sort of like a bombshell, I have never seen this site before and never heard of the reporter. Is this for real and has this guy been proven? Those sound like some pretty strong clues.

curvecuti
03-20-2009, 12:53 PM

:eek: I haven't listened yet, I'm at work, but Misty sleeping around.....not looking too good on her end. That worries me.

Dr. Know?
03-20-2009, 12:54 PM
wow, that is sort of like a bombshell, I have never seen this site before and never heard of the reporter. Is this for real and has this guy been proven? Those sound like some pretty strong clues.

I can not verify the site. Only posted it because it was very strong clues if true.

Recovering-Lurker
03-20-2009, 12:59 PM
:eek: I haven't listened yet, I'm at work, but Misty sleeping around.....not looking too good on her end. That worries me.

When you get a chance, definitely listen. The part where he is talking about Ron telling him about Misty *bleeping* "a black guy" a week before Haleigh went missing, and then he talks about marrying her and keeping his enemies close. Wow! :eek:

Donjeta
03-20-2009, 01:00 PM
I agree. There had to be some fingerprints (something) on the door. I don 't think these people are smart enough frankly. Its some POS SO and they need physical proof. My guess it is the cousin and he came back that night while everyone was asleep.

If the cousin was in the house legitimately that day or earlier his fingerprints (if any) on the door could be explained away in an innocent manner unless they're in an improbable place.

But I don't think that you have to be smart to wear gloves when breaking and entering , you just have to watch a lot of TV.

tehcloser
03-20-2009, 01:01 PM
When you get a chance, definitely listen. The part where he is talking about Ron telling him about Misty *bleeping* "a black guy" a week before Haleigh went missing, and then he talks about marrying her and keeping his enemies close. Wow! :eek:

That interview is by far the most interesting news to date.

natsound
03-20-2009, 01:02 PM

I worry that they don't have any idea who the perp is. Taking the door at such a late date is not a good sign, and the random searches they've been doing... I think websleuths is ahead of them.

Capri
03-20-2009, 01:04 PM

I've never heard the Cobra guy speak before either, does it sound like him talking?

He's throwing some serious information out there, though. Either:

-he's for real & Ron's on board with him releasing this info
-he's a fake
-he's not a fake but he's burned his bridges with Ron & Misty and has nothing to lose by putting it out there.

mysticrose
03-20-2009, 01:06 PM

I also have pondered why LE would keep going over what seem like such small inconsistencies (30 hrs) seems like alot to me as well, however we have not been told a whole lot of info from LE . IMO it has to do with what they learned from the little brother.

Recovering-Lurker
03-20-2009, 01:17 PM
I've never heard the Cobra guy speak before either, does it sound like him talking?

He's throwing some serious information out there, though. Either:

-he's for real & Ron's on board with him releasing this info
-he's a fake
-he's not a fake but he's burned his bridges with Ron & Misty and has nothing to lose by putting it out there.

Yes, it sounds like him. I saw an interview with him on the news. I think he's real and Ron is on board with him releasing this. Misty is the key.

Tornado
03-20-2009, 01:17 PM
That interview is by far the most interesting news to date.

ITA- if this interview is for real- it is good to hear someone just laying it all out there without stopping to worry about the consequences.

Donjeta
03-20-2009, 01:27 PM
I hope something comes out of this. But if this information is real and Ronald is in the know, why the marriage? I don't get it.

cjk2009
03-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Cobra told Ron about "Greg"—a young African American male with whom Misty was rumored to have been having sex
· Cobra said Ron confirmed that he knew all about "Greg"
· Cobra asked Ron why he married Misty anyway
Ron replied that “she is the only tie he has to Haleigh and that he will keep her until Haleigh returns”

snipped for space

A young African-American male, huh?

That would fit in with what Jr. was saying about a "black man in black" taking Haleigh then....if what he was saying was true and not something just implanted into his head by one of his parents.

Also, that comment from Ron about Misty being "the only tie he has to Haleigh and that he will keep her until Haleigh returns" sounds kinda ominous to me. Maybe it's just the wording.

Indigo
03-20-2009, 01:31 PM
I hope something comes out of this. But if this information is real and Ronald is in the know, why the marriage? I don't get it.

AND...Why would RC blame Crystal for the making the "man in black" story up? Why would he be sooo sure it never happened. Something is as hinky as it gets.

cjk2009
03-20-2009, 01:36 PM

Well, from what I understand, like it was said in the interview, he married her because she's the only tie that he has to Haleigh.

AND...Why would RC blame Crystal for the making the "man in black" story up? Why would he be sooo sure it never happened. Something is as hinky as it gets.

I also wonder this same thing. It's kinda like how he denied having any contact with Misty's cousin.

Ms Suzanne
03-20-2009, 01:39 PM
snipped for space

A young African-American male, huh?

That would fit in with what Jr. was saying about a "black man in black" taking Haleigh then....if what he was saying was true and not something just implanted into his head by one of his parents.

Also, that comment from Ron about Misty being "the only tie he has to Haleigh and that he will keep her until Haleigh returns" sounds kinda ominous to me. Maybe it's just the wording.

Does any one know if the police or Cobra are checking this guy out.I think they should.

Indigo
03-20-2009, 01:43 PM

If Ron really did know this and he married Misty anyway, could this have bearing on the custody issue?

Money Girl
03-20-2009, 01:45 PM
I personally do not want to see anymore fake tears from Ron and Teresa.

Cobra's news about Misty is shocking, and, IMO, the whole Cummings family knows about it but do nothing but reward her.

Ms Suzanne
03-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Here's a chilling statement: Cobra told Ron about "Greg"—a young African American male with whom Misty was rumored to have been having sex
·Cobra said Ron confirmed that he knew all about "Greg"
·Cobra asked Ron why he married Misty anyway

This does not sound like misty is a good mother figure to me.

Indigo
03-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Does anyone think that an African American named "White Boy" might be the same as an Imaginanny?

Kat
03-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Does anyone think that an African American named "White Boy" might be the same as an Imaginanny?

Indigo, I have to relisten to the interview again later on, I can't right now I have to get and run an errand for a few hours.

IIRC, Cobra was going to ask RC about the allegations that MC "sleeping with" an african american male (Cobra had heard that rumor) before Cobra could get the full question out, RC says "I know what you're going to ask.."

It was then that RC said he had heard allegations about MC "sleeping with" yet another male.

So I derived from the conversation that there are two men that MC had allegedly slept with.

Note: the word allegation wasn't used in the convo that's my addtion for clarity should anyone read this and assume has been proven to be factual.

alwaysonmymind
03-20-2009, 02:03 PM

This was my first theory. Misty was *entertaining* a male visitor and Haleigh woke up and saw them. moo

This would explain the bouncing couch. It would also explain why Misty can't keep her stories straight. It would also explain Ron's strange comment *I'll take out the trash when it's time.* moo

scandi
03-20-2009, 02:05 PM

ITA SS, The minute Misty woke up, still lying in bed she would have seen the lilght was on.

The br door is always kept open and even Ron said on NG the kitchen light would have been seen in the br. He said that house is black in the nightime.

xox

Indigo
03-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Indigo, I have to relisten to the interview again later on, I can't right now I have to get and run an errand for a few hours.

IIRC, Cobra was going to ask RC about the allegations that MC "sleeping with" an african american male (Cobra had heard that rumor) before Cobra could get the full question out, RC says "I know what you're going to ask.."

It was then that RC said he had heard allegations about MC "sleeping with" yet another male.

So I derived from the conversation that there are two men that MC had allegedly slept with.

Note: the word allegation wasn't used in the convo that's my addtion for clarity should anyone read this and assume has been proven to be factual.

Thanks, Kat! I'll have to go back for another listen.

Tom'sGirl
03-20-2009, 02:08 PM
I'd like to remind posters that the telephone conversation/interview with Cobra at this point is considered "hearsay" and yet to be verified by the local LE or other.

Capri
03-20-2009, 02:16 PM

that's the way I took it too, he even called him "white ****" <---insert name

makes you think 2 guys with the same first name they're friends with & he's clarifying which one.

**edited to add: hearsay, not verified

kikid
03-20-2009, 02:48 PM

Actually I think he said "White G***" as opposed to "Black G***" - two men. ??

MADJGNLAW
03-20-2009, 03:28 PM

Cobra asked Ron why he married Misty anyway

Ron replied that "she is the only tie he has to Haleigh and that he will keep her until Haleigh returns"

Maybe Misty threated Ron or Ron figures if he married her he could try and get information from her before she makes a run for it. I think Misty knows she is in hot water and I would not be surprised if she didn't make a run for it. I hope they can find this Greg. I wonder if she had any info on him on her my-space?

kikid
03-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Cobra asked Ron why he married Misty anyway

Ron replied that "she is the only tie he has to Haleigh and that he will keep her until Haleigh returns"

Maybe Misty threated Ron or Ron figures if he married her he could try and get information from her before she makes a run for it. I think Misty knows she is in hot water and I would not be surprised if she didn't make a run for it. I hope they can find this Greg. I wonder if she had any info on him on her my-space?

Misty was the last person to see Haleigh and probably the only one who holds the key info to finding out what really happened. Sure keep her close, but jeesh, marry her? IDK

Trino
03-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Maybe we have a reason for Ron to marry Misty, but why did Misty marry Ron, especially if she was having sex with WBG?

tiredofthis
03-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Maybe we have a reason for Ron to marry Misty, but why did Misty marry Ron, especially if she was having sex with WBG?

Misty is a kid. Maybe she feels nothing will happen to her now that she is Ron's wife.

MADJGNLAW
03-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Misty was the last person to see Haleigh and probably the only one who holds the key info to finding out what really happened. Sure keep her close, but jeesh, marry her? IDK

I agree, getting married to her is way out there in my book. But like they say keep your friends close and your enemies even closer..I guess that is what Ron is doing. I am sick to hear she did that to him and the allegations. But I will not go into that here since this is about the P.I.
I just hope Cobra finds this Greg, I now wonder if Misty was pointing the finger at her cousin to take the spot light off of Greg. What if Haleigh. caught Misty with Greg and her being older threated to tell Ron? Lord, this really worries me now even more.

Issi
03-20-2009, 04:01 PM
wow... just wow. If this interview is real..... oh man.

Stick a pistol in her mouth? Holy s#$%. Hey ladies and gents... It might just happen, and we might have a whole other story after all is said and done.

We could have a missing child plus a homicide. (Which I've been contemplating for a while.)

gogrannypop
03-20-2009, 04:04 PM

Stick a pistol in her mouth? Holy s#$%. Hey ladies and gents... It might just happen, and we might have a whole other story after all is said and done.

We could have a missing child plus a homicide. (Which I've been contemplating for a while.)

Please don't!! :slap:

Issi
03-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Please don't!! :slap:

Ok, fine... and I appologize.

The thought just scares the crap out of me.

Trino
03-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Honestly, you couldn't make this story up fast enough.

Just about eveyone involved has criminal backgrounds... mother loses custody of her children.... mother is behind in child support... sex offenders in the neighborhood... possible drug dealing... a 25 yr having a relationship with a 17 yr old... 17 yr old possibly having another sexual relationship... child is kidnapped... guns and threats...

The only thing I can see that's not part of the picture is the 17 getting pregnant by her lover.

tehcloser
03-20-2009, 04:33 PM

Just about eveyone involved has criminal backgrounds... mother loses custody of her children.... mother is behind in child support... sex offenders in the neighborhood... possible drug dealing... a 25 yr having a relationship with a 17 yr old... 17 yr old possibly having another sexual relationship... child is kidnapped... guns and threats...

The only thing I can see that's not part of the picture is the 17 getting pregnant by her lover.

Sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......don't jinx it.;)

gogrannypop
03-20-2009, 04:34 PM

Don't forget about the hogs in underground cages and giant rabbits!

MADJGNLAW
03-20-2009, 04:35 PM

Stop that...now your making me think again:doh:...that would be something, it has been rumored. Lord help that child and any child that comes from this clan..

pinkfly
03-20-2009, 04:43 PM
It is real. I just heard the second half of the tape played twice on The Sky 97.3 and they said the interview was done by reporter TJ Hart.

MADJGNLAW
03-20-2009, 04:50 PM
It is real. I just heard the second half of the tape played twice on The Sky 97.3 and they said the interview was done by reporter TJ Hart.

It seems to be real. I also read the article and hear the video from Sky 97.3. I also seen some other videos of Cobra and it sounds like him. I don't see why someone would make this up and risk there creditability. JMO
LINK BELOW warning bad language: http://imgsrv.thesky973.com/image/wsky/UserFiles/File/SNWCOB1cobra.mp3

seasider
03-20-2009, 04:56 PM
I'd like to remind posters that the telephone conversation/interview with Cobra at this point is considered "hearsay" and yet to be verified by the local LE or other.

Has anyone forwarded this on to NG? Wouldn't her staff just pick up the phone & call Cobra to verify?

I sure am getting tired of all her old news :(

debs
03-20-2009, 05:10 PM

Don't forget the feuding parents, the criminal records of nearly EVERY person even remotely related to this case....I'm just looking to see if Springer is showing up soon. (Your last sentence made me chuckle. Hard.)

Kat
03-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Okay I'm back, while my daugther browsed for spring clothes for over two hours I mulled this convo over in my head.

The heat's on. Cobra has released info to the media through an interview that MC isn't being honest and forthright. I bet you anything that the Sheriff's office was informed of what he was going to say before he even said it in interview and they condoned it. I haven't seen LE make a comment about it yet.

As for RC's potential involvement. This does not clear him. I think it's safe to assume Rome wasn't built in a day. IIRC, Cobra said something to the effect of "you got to get them seperated". I can't assume that he means that his complete focus in only on MC, I think I would be premature in that conclusion.

So for now, I am under the impression it's MC first. Then they find out what happened to Haleigh. Which man was resposible for Haleigh's disappearance. Be it RC, Be it AA/Guy be it W/Guy or someone else all together. So once they get MC and hopefully arrest her for some charge, then she will spill the beans on her activity that night. Letting LE move forward in determining what happened to Haligh and hopefully by whom.

AuburnJenn
03-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Wow, that audio interview was very interesting. I think NG and GVS should pick that up.

kikid
03-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Okay I'm back, while my daugther browsed for spring clothes for over two hours I mulled this convo over in my head.

The heat's on. Cobra has released info to the media through an interview that MC isn't being honest and forthright. I bet you anything that the Sheriff's office was informed of what he was going to say before he even said it in interview and they condoned it. I haven't seen LE make a comment about it yet.

As for RC's potential involvement. This does not clear him. I think it's safe to assume Rome wasn't built in a day. IIRC, Cobra said something to the effect of "you got to get them seperated". I can't assume that he means that his complete focus in only on MC, I think I would be premature in that conclusion.

So for now, I am under the impression it's MC first. Then they find out what happened to Haleigh. Which man was resposible for Haleigh's disappearance. Be it RC, Be it AA/Guy be it W/Guy or someone else all together. So once they get MC and hopefully arrest her for some charge, then she will spill the beans on her activity that night. Letting LE move forward in determining what happened to Haligh and hopefully by whom.

I thought the same thing - and also wondered if Ron wasn't playing both sides because of that Comment by Cobra about "They are back together now, you have to get them separated".

kikid
03-20-2009, 05:23 PM

or two homicides, or whatever the facts may show.

I AM THE 14 CAR
03-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Holy Cow !!! That was one hellofa interview !!!

MADJGNLAW
03-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Has anyone forwarded this on to NG? Wouldn't her staff just pick up the phone & call Cobra to verify?

I did, hope they will shed some light on this and what is going on in FL. They have not given a presser in while. I would like to know if this is a cold case for them.

Issi
03-20-2009, 07:02 PM
or two homicides, or whatever the facts may show.

I'm really hoping not... I'm just scared to death of a side-story in this sad drama that Ron might just "go off" and kill MC. Media stuff aside... After hearing this interview, I'm really afraid he might snap and blow the kid's head off.

I need to listen to the other part of the interview. I like the frankness of Cobra.

Busylady
03-20-2009, 07:03 PM
The one thing that concerns me is Cobra saying if Misty did the reinactment and filed in the gaps he would close the case right now and be done. I understand Misty is the key, but does this mean that Cobra and LE are not doing anything else to find Haleigh? I hope they are not just sitting back waiting for Misty to crack.

seasider
03-20-2009, 07:12 PM
I did, hope they will shed some light on this and what is going on in FL. They have not given a presser in while. I would like to know if this is a cold case for them.

Thank you MADJGNLAW:dance:
I agree. I am so afraid this will be classified as a cold case. We really need some truthful answers from Misty regarding the events of that night & I don't think we have all of them yet.

KSH352
03-20-2009, 07:24 PM

I did..:}

seasider
03-20-2009, 07:50 PM
I did..:}

Thank you KSH352
:D

I've been watching HLN & JVM, but did not see anything about Cobra or the audio file.

I think LE have done the searches & followed leads & tips, but until they get the truth of what occured in the home that night, I don't see how they can tell what direction to go in from here. And that is why I feel it so important for Misty to be truthful.