PDA

View Full Version : OK OK - Sheila Deviney, killed in trailer fire in Maysville, Jan 2004

easttexas
03-29-2009, 11:01 PM
This is a young woman from my home town. I knew her family but as she was years younger than me I only knew who she was. She died in a house fire AFTER she took her kids to school. Later, LE released that the fire was set intentionally with acclerants and were even on her clothes. She had told friends/family that she knew someone was following her in the days before. She was also going through a custody battle with ex husband. This was in 2004 and all I planned to do was link the cold case here BUT I can't even find a link ANYWHERE. I can't even find her obituary....I feel like I must be crazy but did find this:

Started: Jan 19 2004 11:08pm PST

Jan 6,2004 Shelia has passed away .Jan 6th,after taking her children to school she returned home when something terrible happened.A fire in her mobile home took her life still unsure what happened.It is so sad that her babies will have to grow up with out there mommy.Please keep her babies and family in prayer.She is loved and will be missed by all who knew her.

This is on classmates and I remembered seeing it back in 2004. How does a cold case become non-existent??? It is not on OSBI...I looked. It is not on FBI either. I would know if this crime was solved. Can anyone explain how someone who died tragically and that I KNOW was SUSPICIOUS and you can't even google it?

TIA!

I need to add that her married name was Hendrix. But I think she returned to her maiden name after divorce.

KarlK
04-03-2009, 09:47 PM
One possibility is a judge issuing an injunction banning anything from the case be published at the request of a concerned party but that is quite unusual and the ban would not typically apply outside the state, which I assume is Texas in this case, unless issued by a federal circuit judge, but I don't how this suspicious death matter would be under federal jurisdiction. It's intriguing indeed.

smile22
04-04-2009, 01:53 PM
do you still live in that town can you go to the local le in that town and say u were good friends with her and you want to find closure or something on her death and was looking for info but cannot find anything

shadowangel
04-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Here is a link to a 2006 story from a local paper, so at least you know you arent crazy---

http://www.paulsvalleydailydemocrat.com/local/local_story_066151316.html/resources_printstory

and a follow-up article---

http://www.paulsvalleydailydemocrat.com/homepage/local_story_073123239.html

easttexas
04-10-2009, 09:18 PM
ShadowAngel
Thank you for finding this. I thought I searched the Democrat but didn't get anything. I really didn't know this young lady. I knew her ex-husband. I worked with him for maybe a year while he was still in high school. And I know they were in a battle for custody of the children during the time of her death. I don't like that. I hope they don't give up on this case.

Thank you all for looking for any info for me.

shadowangel
04-12-2009, 04:48 PM
You're very welcome. I know all too well what's it like, remembering a few details of a case but not being able to find any info. That's what got the ball rolling on the 'Missing in WV/Sodder Family' case. Sometimes all we can do is put out what little info we have and hope someone can come up with something.

Tricia
08-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Tonight's topic is the case of Sheila Deviney.

On January 6, 2004, the burned body of Sheila Deviney was discovered. In 2006, after a grand jury investigation her death was changed from "accidental" to homicide. According to the State Fire Investigators report several fires were started in various locations within the home.

The day before the fire Sheila Deviney was in family court with her former husband Tyson Hendrix. Between orders of protection, verbal threats of murder, warrants for failure to pay child support and custody of the children, the motive points to only one person.

Show starts at 9:00 PM Eastern. You can listen HERE! (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susanmurphymilano)

Websleuths is the very proud sponsor of the Intimate Partner Homicide Investigations Radio Show.

After the show we will be discussing Sheila's case right here

AbbieNormal
08-02-2010, 08:17 AM
If you want to do some reading up on this case before the radio program, here is a good link, including a picture of Sheila and her children:

http://www.justiceforthedead.com/sheila_deviney

I like to put a face to a name/ story. I was not familiar with this case.

abbie

And here is Susan Murphy-Milanos Journal website:

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/

Tricia
08-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Tonight on Blog Talk Radio Susan Murhpy-Milano, Sheryl McCollum and Holly Hughes will be discussing Sheila's case.

Listen here and then come back to Websleuths to discuss the case.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susanmurphymilano

easttexas
08-02-2010, 01:06 PM
http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2010/07/sheila-deviney-case-and-dancing-garvin.html

I hadn't read or heard about the eyewtiness statements in the link above....very suspicious if you ask me!

easttexas
08-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Also, if I were reading the link in my previous post and not knowing different, I would assume that he played football for OU. He went to Cameron University in Lawton, OK. Not saying that he wasn't a star in that university (small 5000 students) but not a huge football star by OK standards. JMO

Peki51
08-02-2010, 09:41 PM
This case is unbelievable! If you didn't get a chance to listen to the show live, please take an hour and listen to this! It's heartbreaking to hear the family and friends tell of this crime.

Sheila Deviney and her children deserve justice!

Tricia
08-02-2010, 09:57 PM
My jaw is on the floor listening to this case.

We need to ask the family to join too and see if we can get some of those documents up on the forum.

AbbieNormal
08-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Absolutely shocking and unreal. I hope this cold case is unlocked and solved and the POS who did this to her is put away for a good long time.

Wonder how he treats the woman he is with now? You'de think she would be scared witless!!!

abbie

easttexas
08-02-2010, 10:06 PM
When I read in one of the links above that a friend helped TH remove items from the trailer....I thought....hmmmm and tonight Susan said it was his brother ( don't know which one...he has 2) I said bingo!

Peki51
08-02-2010, 10:12 PM
As always, my heart breaks for the children left behind....

I can't imagine what their thoughts are and what they have to live with for the rest of their lives!

Tricia....In the morning I will also put up a Justice for Sheila Deviney page on Facebook. Anyone and everyone needs to know that with all of us behind this family, we will do whatever it takes to get this case investigated properly!

Tricia
08-02-2010, 10:34 PM

I can't imagine what their thoughts are and what they have to live with for the rest of their lives!

Tricia....In the morning I will also put up a Justice for Sheila Deviney page on Facebook. Anyone and everyone needs to know that with all of us behind this family, we will do whatever it takes to get this case investigated properly!

Thank you so much for doing this Peki51.

I would like to invite Shelia's family and friends to come to Websleuths to discuss the case. I can assure you you will find a large number of people who care and want to help.

I need a volunteer who can help with this case on Websleuths. Anyone? If interested please email me at tgrif@xmission.com

You need to be committed to helping Shelia's family though. Make sure you have the time before you volunteer OK?

Thanks,
Tricia

easttexas
08-02-2010, 10:38 PM

Did you already make the page on facebook? One has been created just recently. Maysville people are already joining. Justice for Sheila Deviney and her family!

Peki51
08-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Did you already make the page on facebook? One has been created just recently. Maysville people are already joining. Justice for Sheila Deviney and her family!

Yes, the Justice for Sheila Deviney page on Facebook is now up! Loading information there as I find it.

maysvillewarrior
08-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Sheila was a sweet dear friend of mine, but unfortunately I cannot help with the case...I was not around when Sheila and Tyson were together....dating or married. I was totally crushed when I found out that she had died, it was almost two years after the fact. I lived in Maysville from my 7th grade year until I graduated, and lost contact with her until after she and Tyson had already split up. Sheila was two years younger than me, but we became pretty close my senior year. But a week after graduation I left for Texas, and pretty much lost touch with her. But....this is very ironic....I had been married for a little less than three years to a verbally abusive man, left him and when I went back to Maysville to visit my mother, Sheila was on my mind. Don't quote me on all the details, I think the year may have been around 2001 or 2002, but I somehow got ahold of her and talked to her forever on the phone....anyway to make a long story short, she started telling me all the hell she had been going through with Tyson. I was shocked but so glad she was not with him anymore. I saw her around this time as well, that was probably the last time I saw her. This precious lady needs to have justice, for all of her family....and the two children that she left behind.

AbbieNormal
08-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Welcome to WS.

Can someone post the facebook account name for Sheilas FB that being built?
TIA

maysvillewarrior
08-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Justice for Sheila Deviney

easttexas
08-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Sheila was a sweet dear friend of mine, but unfortunately I cannot help with the case...I was not around when Sheila and Tyson were together....dating or married. I was totally crushed when I found out that she had died, it was almost two years after the fact. I lived in Maysville from my 7th grade year until I graduated, and lost contact with her until after she and Tyson had already split up. Sheila was two years younger than me, but we became pretty close my senior year. But a week after graduation I left for Texas, and pretty much lost touch with her. But....this is very ironic....I had been married for a little less than three years to a verbally abusive man, left him and when I went back to Maysville to visit my mother, Sheila was on my mind. Don't quote me on all the details, I think the year may have been around 2001 or 2002, but I somehow got ahold of her and talked to her forever on the phone....anyway to make a long story short, she started telling me all the hell she had been going through with Tyson. I was shocked but so glad she was not with him anymore. I saw her around this time as well, that was probably the last time I saw her. This precious lady needs to have justice, for all of her family....and the two children that she left behind.

MaysvilleWarrior,

Great to see someone else on here who calls themself a Maysville Warrior. Welcome to websleuths although I am mostly a lurker who just reads and reads, rarely posts. You do have something to contribute. You knew Sheila and her friends. Maybe you can recall any of the specific things that she said to you about the abuse. Most people will tell friends the truth and make excuses to the family about what really is going on. Or maybe you can get in touch with some people that still live in Maysville and see if they remember anything about this case. This case is being hushed up and what needs to happen is for people to get talking and get mad and demand justice. I love my home town but I am so angry that Garvin County LE have done nothing to get to the truth of this matter.

Peki51
08-05-2010, 07:06 AM
The name of the Facebook page is Justice For Sheila Deviney.

Here is the direct link to the page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Justice-For-Sheila-Deviney/137013713003946?ref=ts

Peki51
08-05-2010, 07:51 AM

Thank you for your memories. You never know, sometimes it's the slightest memory of one person that will jog something in another leading to an all important clue.

easttexas
08-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Peki51

Have you checked the facebook page lately? The daughter has posted. It's just too sad to see the fall out that happened with this family.

Tricia
08-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I have spoken with Sheila's mother. What a lovely lady. I am hoping to have her and Sheila's whole family and her friends join Websleuths. I'll be posting more later.

If anyone registered at Websleuths to discuss Sheila's case and was denied membership (it's an automatic software thing having to do with certain email extensions) please email me personally at tgrif@xmission.com

Thank you,

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

:+:MrTT:+:
08-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Are there any links with visual aids someone can list?
The OSBI are very tight lipped about there unsolved cases from my experience.
The grand jury did not indict due to viewing soft evidence and nothing hard for them to hand down indictments on this case, though i am only speculating on that.

OT.
Hello Delilah, next time you chat with Angie, please give her a on line hug for me.

easttexas
08-10-2010, 07:46 PM
There just isn't much out there to link to here. I suppose because it was never properly investigated. I noticed that someone close to the case posted on the facebook site that there was proof that the ex-husband was NOT at work the morning Sheila was killed. hmmmmmm.

Peki51
08-21-2010, 08:23 AM
NEW Website dedicated to justice for Sheila Deviney. "A new chapter is about to be written in the history of Garvin County..."

http://sheiladeviney.org/Story.html

Hope that information on this website will help the family bring justice!

easttexas
08-21-2010, 12:26 PM
A website has been set up for Sheila now. Read more about her story at this link

http://www.sheiladeviney.org

Peki51
08-22-2010, 07:17 AM
Are there any links with visual aids someone can list?
The OSBI are very tight lipped about there unsolved cases from my experience.
The grand jury did not indict due to viewing soft evidence and nothing hard for them to hand down indictments on this case, though i am only speculating on that.

OT.
Hello Delilah, next time you chat with Angie, please give her a on line hug for me.

Hi MrTT! Good to see you again! I most certainly will tell Angie hello for you!

This case definitely needs justice, and I feel it coming!

easttexas
08-24-2010, 12:26 PM
This is encouraging news. The reward money has been raised to $50,000!!!:woohoo:

http://www.sheiladeviney.org

ckwood32
08-24-2010, 02:52 PM
OMG I can't believe this case has not been investigated! This is so sad. Her poor children and family. I can't believe HE has custody of them! He is a killer! This case is so obvious. I am beyond angry.

AbbieNormal
08-26-2010, 02:46 PM
MaysvilleWarrior,

Great to see someone else on here who calls themself a Maysville Warrior. Welcome to websleuths although I am mostly a lurker who just reads and reads, rarely posts. You do have something to contribute. You knew Sheila and her friends. Maybe you can recall any of the specific things that she said to you about the abuse. Most people will tell friends the truth and make excuses to the family about what really is going on. Or maybe you can get in touch with some people that still live in Maysville and see if they remember anything about this case. This case is being hushed up and what needs to happen is for people to get talking and get mad and demand justice. I love my home town but I am so angry that Garvin County LE have done nothing to get to the truth of this matter.

Why are some of Sheilas children/ family on her FB page complaining this is all BS and they wish we would all just mind our business and go away? Don't they want the person who did this to her punished???? I understand being under a microscope is difficult when something like this happens to your family member, but for Pete's sake, Justice has to be done!!! This woman was burned to death, for all we know. A horrible way to die, you would think her family would be championing for Sheila any way they could....JMO I don't understand.....

easttexas
08-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Why are some of Sheilas children/ family on her FB page complaining this is all BS and they wish we would all just mind our business and go away? Don't they want the person who did this to her punished???? I understand being under a microscope is difficult when something like this happens to your family member, but for Pete's sake, Justice has to be done!!! This woman was burned to death, for all we know. A horrible way to die, you would think her family would be championing for Sheila any way they could....JMO I don't understand.....

The complaining is by her daughter. She was 9 when her mother was murdered. She also lives with her father ad has for the last 6 years I think. It wasn't immediately ruled a homicide it was ruled accidental death and after 9 months, Sheila's parents were able to get it ruled correctly as a homicide. I don't think Sheila's daughter knows all of the facts or if the "facts" she knows are different than the truth KWIM.....I feel for the young lady. I think that most kids would find it difficult to be in her position. Also I think that Sheila's daughter was 2 when they divorced. Highly unlikely that she remembers much of what Sheila went through during the marriage. It also possible that she wasn't aware of all of the fighting over custody and especially the child support money. She doesn't know and I don't think she wants to either. Hope this helps a little.

AbbieNormal
08-31-2010, 06:45 AM
Thank God for the local businesses that have raised $50,000.00 reward for info about Sheila.

Sounds to me like Sheilas ex husbands current wife might be divorcing him, nut they weren't specific. She might turn him in and like they said, $50,000.00 is a good nest egg to start over with!

abbie

easttexas
08-31-2010, 09:12 AM
Thank God for the local businesses that have raised $50,000.00 reward for info about Sheila.

Sounds to me like Sheilas ex husbands current wife might be divorcing him, nut they weren't specific. She might turn him in and like they said, $50,000.00 is a good nest egg to start over with!
abbie

It sounds like that to me too. I am looking for someone to confirm. I may not be able to post here since it will be just talk around town. This could be the break this case needs!! :woohoo:

passionflower
08-31-2010, 09:50 PM
people are ratting each other out on tip blog!

passionflower
08-31-2010, 09:54 PM
$50,000 will get someone's attention/
who wants to live where LE etc doesn't want to protect you........
domestic abuse is everyone's problem!
Get involved!
It is an election year! Clean house........new sheriff! new judges!

now drew peterson...............

easttexas
09-02-2010, 07:56 PM
http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/2010/09/oklahoma-where-crime-blows-like-wind.html

The cases for Sheila and Chandra are getting some long needed attention. Hopefully, they will be solved SOON and the murderers will get what they are due!

passionflower
09-02-2010, 08:20 PM
http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/2010/09/oklahoma-where-crime-blows-like-wind.html

The cases for Sheila and Chandra are getting some long needed attention. Hopefully, they will be solved SOON and the murderers will get what they are due!

Thanks for the link!
A great cause........Justice asap!

easttexas
09-06-2010, 09:51 PM
http://www.news9.com/global/story.asp?s=13108121

The Sheila Deviney case is getting more attention. This is so hopeful...

Peki51
09-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Here's another great news story I was sent this morning!

The Eleventh Commandment is doing great at getting attention for this case locally and soon I truly feel things will bust loose!

Let's hope justice will be served soon for this family and the others in Garvin County, OK that are going through similar circumstances.

http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kokh_vid_2093.shtml?sms_ss=facebook

easttexas
09-14-2010, 11:13 PM

On the radio show last night the hosts commented on the very posts you are asking about. They and Sheila's parents do not think these comments are from Sheila's daughter. That it was sad attempt to get a message across to the Devineys using the daughters fb account. The reasoning was all because of the bad grammar and spelling. I am on the fence and will lean more to that it was her daughter. It is cool to spell words like phone as fone etc...they get it from the text craze that all kids her age are affected by. It is simpler to spell type any word and also cool to change the way it lookz. My niece always sez kewl! She is the same age as Sheila's daughter. I don't think for one sec my niece thinks that cool is spelled KEWL...she is just apart of that generaZion.

inquiring mind
09-18-2010, 07:32 PM
The complaining is by her daughter. She was 9 when her mother was murdered. She also lives with her father ad has for the last 6 years I think. It wasn't immediately ruled a homicide it was ruled accidental death and after 9 months, Sheila's parents were able to get it ruled correctly as a homicide. I don't think Sheila's daughter knows all of the facts or if the "facts" she knows are different than the truth KWIM.....I feel for the young lady. I think that most kids would find it difficult to be in her position. Also I think that Sheila's daughter was 2 when they divorced. Highly unlikely that she remembers much of what Sheila went through during the marriage. It also possible that she wasn't aware of all of the fighting over custody and especially the child support money. She doesn't know and I don't think she wants to either. Hope this helps a little.

I don't think for one moment that the response posted was that of her daughter......maybe TH??????? Look at the vocabulary... Written to intentionaly throw suspicion away from him. We the people are not STUPID!!!!

easttexas
09-19-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't think for one moment that the response posted was that of her daughter......maybe TH??????? Look at the vocabulary... Written to intentionaly throw suspicion away from him. We the people are not STUPID!!!!

And you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. In no way did I ever imply that we the people are stupid.

It was presumptious of me to think a child would use slang on facebook. Who would have ever thought that would happen. (insert sarcasm....):banghead:

easttexas
10-15-2010, 01:31 PM
http://therothshow.com/2010/10/murder-malfeasance-in-garvin-county-oklahoma/

Things are happening in Garvin County!! Sheriff Brooks is being exposed for what he is. Election is just a couple of weeks away and I have so much faith and hope that finally the wheels of justice can start turning for Sheila, and Chandra Turner and Tom Horton.

Snarky247
10-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Living in OK after being away for 14 yrs...and wondering why the hell I came back sometimes. The good ol' boy crap never changes. I lived in Lawton in 1986 when a coed at Cameron University gave birth & killed the baby with the help of her softball team. She was found guilty & then freed after serving 76 days. I kid you not. Her daddy was a hotshot with the local pols so Kandi (I believe her name was Kandi Smith) was sprung. The killing happened on or about 9/17/86 but good luck finding anything about it in the media. I only know because I was visited by OSBI because I was 9 mos pregnant at the time & seen in the same dorm the day before visiting my sister.

My prayer for all of the families involved is that someone finds the bravery to step forward & put an end to their pain...but I'm not holding my breath.

easttexas
10-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Living in OK after being away for 14 yrs...and wondering why the hell I came back sometimes. The good ol' boy crap never changes. I lived in Lawton in 1986 when a coed at Cameron University gave birth & killed the baby with the help of her softball team. She was found guilty & then freed after serving 76 days. I kid you not. Her daddy was a hotshot with the local pols so Kandi (I believe her name was Kandi Smith) was sprung. The killing happened on or about 9/17/86 but good luck finding anything about it in the media. I only know because I was visited by OSBI because I was 9 mos pregnant at the time & seen in the same dorm the day before visiting my sister.

My prayer for all of the families involved is that someone finds the bravery to step forward & put an end to their pain...but I'm not holding my breath.

I would like to say I am shocked and part of me still is that this happened and she only served 76 days. Wow. How does one get people to help in a thing like that???? And then never tell?? What a sad sad tale.
I have a lot of faith that the people of Garvin County are fed up with this good ole boy system and vote accordingly. We'll see shortly.

forsheilaann
11-03-2010, 11:28 AM
OMG I can't believe this case has not been investigated! This is so sad. Her poor children and family. I can't believe HE has custody of them! He is a killer! This case is so obvious. I am beyond angry.

Morning all...a step FORWARD for Sheila's case.
Garvin County officially has a NEW COUNTY SHERRIF; Larry Rhodes. He has committed to reopen AND actively investigate Sheila's case along with a few other suspicious deaths in Garvin County. Great news and great timing. Today would have been Sheila's 37th Birthday.
Happy Birthday Sheila

here's a link to a related story from several weeks ago...
http://www.news9.com/global/story.asp?s=13108121

forsheilaann
11-03-2010, 11:44 AM
New County Sherriff for Garvin County Oklahoma today. Sheriff-Elect Larry Rhodes has promised to reopen and actively investigate Sheila's case!!
I love the quote from the Eleventh Commandment website "thou shalt not get away with it!!..."
The audacity of locals perpetuating these types haneous acts on women, mothers...victimizing them and then they just go on with their lives as if they are somehow immune to the rules of law.
This case has gone unsolved too long. Time for JUSTICE FOR SHEILA!!!

easttexas
11-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Happy Birthday Sheila!!

easttexas
11-05-2010, 07:39 PM
http://herewomentalkradio.com/home/archives_shows/89

This is a show Susan Murphy Milano did with the mothers of Sheila Deviney and Chandra Turner. Very informative. These cases are making progress!!

forsheilaann
11-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Last week's radio show was very good. To echo Susan's words...'I hope these folks have lawyer'd up" and I also enjoyed "they should enjoy the holidays with their families" may not be word for word, but very good to hear that she is not fuzzy in her message directed at these criminals.

forsheilaann
11-10-2010, 07:29 AM
snipped from the Pauls Valley Daily Democrat Feb 2010
“We reviewed the Chandra Turner, Sheila Deviney and Garvin County Sheriff’s Office seizure of starving horses in Garvin County.

“While we have empathy for their loss, we decline to further investigate those cases.”

really???!!?! they heard the facts of Sheila's case and declined to further investigate?? What am I missing? I'll bet they were each glad it wasn't their daughter. No smoke in her lungs, ignitable fluid found on cloth and carpet near her body, reports of domestic abuse, scheduled court appearance for the follwing day in a bitter battle for child support, reports from friends and family that she feared for her life....naaah lets not pursue it. Did they hear THAT evidence??
Soooo confused about this..
here's the link:
http://paulsvalleydailydemocrat.com/local/x1440059848/Grand-jury-set-to-reveal-more

nanny2five
11-26-2010, 01:58 PM
snipped from the Pauls Valley Daily Democrat Feb 2010
“We reviewed the Chandra Turner, Sheila Deviney and Garvin County Sheriff’s Office seizure of starving horses in Garvin County.

“While we have empathy for their loss, we decline to further investigate those cases.”

really???!!?! they heard the facts of Sheila's case and declined to further investigate?? What am I missing? I'll bet they were each glad it wasn't their daughter. No smoke in her lungs, ignitable fluid found on cloth and carpet near her body, reports of domestic abuse, scheduled court appearance for the follwing day in a bitter battle for child support, reports from friends and family that she feared for her life....naaah lets not pursue it. Did they hear THAT evidence??
Soooo confused about this..
here's the link:
http://paulsvalleydailydemocrat.com/local/x1440059848/Grand-jury-set-to-reveal-more
very confusing. every time i read one of these unsolved cases from oklahoma i get angry. i was raised in okla and lived there most of my life. something happened to me many years ago that left me very untrustful of law enforcement there. i was driving my sisters car and i got stopped for speeding. it was a bad tag so he had me get out and looked around in the car. he found an empty cig box with a tiny piece of a pot joint inside. he told me that he was going to arrest me. i figured i would call my sister down to explain it all and it would be fine. then he started telling me how we could "negotiate" and maybe he would not have to arrest me. i took a huge chance, but he was really young and stupid so i got away with it. i just jumped in my car and drove to the police station and he followed me. after i told what happened to the officer on duty at the station, he told me to just go on home and dont worry about it, i wasnt charged with anything, not even the speeding which i admitted to. it is not safe in oklahoma right now. the lack of effective law enforcement and the escalating drug epidemic makes it a very scary place.

Scooby Doo
11-28-2010, 12:41 AM
This case is quite intriguing

If someone knows an answer on the following questions, It would be greatly appreciated:
-Was Sheila's family doing bad financially?
-Was the fire started internally or externally?
-Was their any traces of her being tied up or any of the sort?
-Was their any traces of accelerants upon the face?

Thanks

easttexas
11-28-2010, 09:55 PM
This case is quite intriguing

If someone knows an answer on the following questions, It would be greatly appreciated:
-Was Sheila's family doing bad financially?
-Was the fire started internally or externally?
-Was their any traces of her being tied up or any of the sort?
-Was their any traces of accelerants upon the face?

Thanks

Sheila was a single mother of two children. She had $12.00 in her checking account at the time of her death. Yes, she was struggling financially.

Fire was internal. With more than one point of origin

I have not heard or read anything about her being tied up but something made her not able to run from the fire. Nothing ever explained about that.

The following is a quote from Sheila's page.

third was started on Sheila by way of flammable fluids splashed around her and clothing packed tight against her to make her a human torch. She was alive when the flames engulfed her.

In case you haven't seen this yet I have linked her story here.
http://www.sheiladeviney.org/Story.html

everyoneneedsavoice
11-29-2010, 01:52 AM
I have been following this and the other Oklahoma Cases since the beginning, but haven't posted on this thread before.

Just wanted to say, having grown up in Southeastern Oklahoma (Madill); this case really hits home for me and I am constant in my prayers for Sheila's family, friends and loved ones and have NO doubt that they, along with WSers will not stop until justice is served.

Since first going to Sheila's website and looking at the photos of her, I've been trying to figure out where I "know" of her from...in fact, over the Thanksgiving holiday, I showed her site to my sisters and parents and even asked them, if she looked familiar to them, thinking maybe it was from high school days or even my MSC days; But, I don't think that's it, considering our age difference.

It still hasn't come to me yet, although I did recognize one of her friends in a picture with her and (same friend) with Sheila's mother in a newspaper article; who I went to HS with, but haven't seen in years.

Anyway, just wanted to post in this thread to show my support and offer my prayers and condolences as we await justice for Sheila!

Scooby Doo
11-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Sheila was a single mother of two children. She had $12.00 in her checking account at the time of her death. Yes, she was struggling financially.

Fire was internal. With more than one point of origin

I have not heard or read anything about her being tied up but something made her not able to run from the fire. Nothing ever explained about that.

The following is a quote from Sheila's page.

third was started on Sheila by way of flammable fluids splashed around her and clothing packed tight against her to make her a human torch. She was alive when the flames engulfed her.

In case you haven't seen this yet I have linked her story here.
http://www.sheiladeviney.org/Story.html

Hullo! very suggestive indeed.

As for the third one, you don't suppose that the killer and sheila stayed in there until the place have burned down? -More likely not, don't you agree? (and seeing that there was more than one point of origin and considering the fact that it was a mobile home it must have burned quickly.)

My next questions are:
-Was there any adjacent houses around the area of incident?
-What is the kind of ground around sheila's house? (mud? pave?)

Your answers indeed helped shed some light.

EDIT: edited "less" to "more" - You must excuse me for such trifles as I was really about to say "Highly unlikely" but made a typo (less likely) because I got all jumbled up in the midst of thinking about your answers and typing my reply.

easttexas
11-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Hullo! very suggestive indeed.

As for the third one, you don't suppose that the killer and sheila stayed in there until the place have burned down? -Less likely not, don't you agree? (and seeing that there was more than one point of origin and considering the fact that it was a mobile home it must have burned quickly.)

My next questions are:
-Was there any adjacent houses around the area of incident?
-What is the kind of ground around sheila's house? (mud? pave?)

Your answers indeed helped shed some light.

Yes..her trailer was on and adjacent to her parents home...as far as the ground??? I know they must have lived very near the river...as it was reported that her ex and friends pushed what was left of the burnt trailer into the river with out asking or getting permission to do so. The ex had a restrainging order...

Scooby Doo
11-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Yes..her trailer was on and adjacent to her parents home...as far as the ground??? I know they must have lived very near the river...as it was reported that her ex and friends pushed what was left of the burnt trailer into the river with out asking or getting permission to do so. The ex had a restrainging order...

-Was the parents' house the only house adjacent to the area?
-Was the parents home at the time of incident?

What we can safely deduce for now is the killer whoever that may be as much as possible doesn't want the kids to be involve in this unfortunate event.

EDIT: Are you really certain that they lived near a river? cause we cant just assume facts, we need precise facts cause conclusions would be faulty without it.

forsheilaann
12-06-2010, 01:48 PM
I am curious also about 'HOW' Sheila was subdued. According to the reports; which conclude Arson & Homicide - and Sheila's website - Sheila must have been knocked unconscious or something of this nature. She was alive when the fire engulfed her. She was not found in a position suggesting she was trying to escape from her burning home. She was on her back in the 'Jesus position' or posed. Accelerants were on her body and the fabric packed around her.

Sheila's mother stated during one of her radio interviews that she was told there was NO SMOKE in Sheila's lungs shortly after the fire. This screams homicide - you have to be breathing to inhale smoke. But - there seems to be evidence that she was in fact alive...just somehow subdued.

I'm very curious to hear anyone else's thoughts on this issue.

Justice for Sheila!