PDA

View Full Version : Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #5

Pages : [1] 2

Tom'sGirl
04-07-2009, 01:05 PM
This thread is to discuss Crystal, stay on topic!

Please continue here, and keep in mind a few things that are OFF LIMITS!

posting of random MySpace pages
posting Rumors/Hearsay
bashing or name calling of case 'players'

Flossie JMO
04-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Thank you!! The rumours, mocking and name calling in posts or siggies is not neccessary imo.

raeann
06-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Just bumping up this thread to honor Haleigh and her mommy on this sad four month mark....God Bless Haleigh...

Indiana at Heart
06-09-2009, 10:52 PM
http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww118/Indiana1973/hchaleighcrystaljunior.jpg

Posting this for the 4 month mark! May HaLeigh be found soon! We are thinking of you Crystal and praying HaLeigh will be home soon. We will not give up!:blowkiss:

JustJane
06-10-2009, 12:16 AM
What an adorable picture.........Thanks, Indiana! :)

Asti
06-10-2009, 12:43 AM
My heart just breaks looking at that picture of Crystal with her children. They should be together today. What a precious picture. None of us are going to forget little HaLeighbug! She needs to come home.

kolokolo
06-10-2009, 05:13 AM
Indiana, mahalo for posting that adorable picture!:blowkiss:

Lil Haleigh needs to be found and reunited with her family! I Pray for her return everyday, I Pray that the perp/perps who have taken this child will be punished to the fulliest extent of the law!

MADJGNLAW
06-10-2009, 06:36 AM
This is just so sad. I have prayed that Haleigh would of been found by now and nothing. I watched a bit of JVM last night and thought I heard KP state that Crystal and Ron are trying to communicate via lawyer for the sake of Jr. and that the DFS investigation is still ongoing. I pray Crystal's health improves and pray that Haleigh is found. This must be the most tormenting, helpless, heart breaking feeling for a mother...to lose a child.

BetsyB
06-10-2009, 09:41 AM
It's a relief to hear that they are trying to communicate for RJ's sake. Poor little kiddo needs all the peace and love surrounding him that he can get.

SCHTown
06-10-2009, 10:00 AM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n63/scase71139/hccrystalhaleigh.jpg

I found this picture yesterday and you can see how much they love each other. Also, look at the eyes...almost identical! She's definitely looks like her mama!!

Hurry home HaLeighbug!

Shaymus at The Rock
06-10-2009, 10:06 AM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Haleigh%20Cummings/hccrystalhaleigh.jpg

I found this picture yesterday and you can see how much they love each other. Also, look at the eyes...almost identical! She's definitely looks like her mama!!

Hurry home HaLeighbug!

Look at those eyelashes and those curls - what a doll baby ! :blowkiss: HaLeighbug ! Stay strong, HaLeighbug's Mama !

winterrose
06-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I find myself crying whenever I see the kids with either parent,the whole thing is so sad and if it's so sad for us,I couldn't imagine being the parents.She's so beautiful,all the children are and it's sad for all of them.I pray she's found soon,what a wonderful day for everyone.

Donjeta
06-10-2009, 01:51 PM
I wish there was something more we could do to stop this from happening to any more children and their mothers and fathers.

stilettos
06-10-2009, 02:14 PM
http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww118/Indiana1973/hchaleighcrystaljunior.jpg

Posting this for the 4 month mark! May HaLeigh be found soon! We are thinking of you Crystal and praying HaLeigh will be home soon. We will not give up!:blowkiss:

Thanks Indiana. Beautiful pic. Makes me sad that her arms are onlyy half full with HaLeigh gone.

Helplessly Hoping
06-10-2009, 05:10 PM
My understanding is that we have no proof of Ron or Misty using drugs, but we do have proof Crystal admitted to using drugs and it was while she was pregnant.

I believe Crystal honestly said her piece. IMHO--Ron looked WASTED in interviews...the GR sticks out..I believe Ron has multiple drug charges....I could be wrong:rolleyes:

TxLady2
06-10-2009, 05:32 PM
They're like two peas in a pod!! Haleigh is just a precious little doll... This four-month marker today makes me so sad and I know Crystal is hurting so much... she needs to have her little girl back home!! Don't give up, Crystal!! Keep that hope alive... we are praying every day!

raeann
06-10-2009, 05:43 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n63/scase71139/hccrystalhaleigh.jpg

Hurry home HaLeighbug!

That picture is so adorable...what a set of happy beautiful faces!

shergal
06-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Just saw this in the news... if it should go somewhere else, mods please move..

Crystal is closing the Haleigh Bug Help Center and will open one in her yard at home.
http://www.wesh.com/news/19701897/detail.html

raeann
06-10-2009, 05:49 PM
We should probably note clearly that all we know as FACT is that she admitted to having used drugs AT ONE TIME. The often repeated statement that it was while she was pregnant belongs on the rumor thread at best. Her statement was that she had used them about a year ago. That could mean a wide ranging period of time---from 9 or 10 months to 18 months or more. Since no exact date was stated, it is purely unfounded speculation as to whether she was pregnant at the time.

raeann
06-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Just saw this in the news... if it should go somewhere else, mods please move..

Crystal is closing the Haleigh Bug Help Center and will open one in her yard at home.
http://www.wesh.com/news/19701897/detail.html

I think that is a wise and responsible decision. The money being spent for rent and utilities could be used more effectively for other aspects of keeping Haleigh's name in the news. Less driving back and forth means money saved on gas and more TIME available to communicate with anyone who has information to provide.

atherella
06-10-2009, 05:59 PM
We should probably note clearly that all we know as FACT is that she admitted to having used drugs AT ONE TIME. The often repeated statement that it was while she was pregnant belongs on the rumor thread at best. Her statement was that she had used them about a year ago. That could mean a wide ranging period of time---from 9 or 10 months to 18 months or more. Since no exact date was stated, it is purely unfounded speculation as to whether she was pregnant at the time.

BBM

Actually, in an interview with Geraldo, Crystal said she used drugs while pregnant, so that's not a rumor, it was straight from her mouth. Specifically cocaine.

Shaymus at The Rock
06-10-2009, 06:02 PM
BBMBB

Actually, in an interview with Geraldo, Crystal said she used drugs while pregnant, so that's not a rumor, it was straight from her mouth. Specifically cocaine.

Could you please provide a link ? TIA

atherella
06-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Could you please provide a link ? TIA

You can probably find it faster than I can, Shaymus.

It's in the video when Geraldo interviewed Crystal outside in the early days. I'm sure you'll be able to find it faster than I will. I had surgery today, I'm a little slow finding things. :)

Helplessly Hoping
06-10-2009, 06:11 PM
BBMBB

AND Ron denied drug use....from his mouth...

stilettos
06-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Okay. Crystal has admitted using drugs. Good for her...usually a substance abuse counselor willl tell you that admitting the issue is the first step to healing. RC has a vast record of being picked up for drug offenses and maintaining a vehicle that distributes drugs. Anything else that will tell us where HaLeigh is right now? Is she in pain, hungry? Where is HaLeigh?

Helplessly Hoping
06-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Stilettos...thanks.

I remain unconcerned about Crystal as she has picked herself up and grown. Wish I could infer the same for others...UGH

Shaymus at The Rock
06-10-2009, 06:25 PM

It's in the video when Geraldo interviewed Crystal outside in the early days. I'm sure you'll be able to find it faster than I will. I had surgery today, I'm a little slow finding things. :)

Oh, I'm sorry you had surgery - I hope it was nothing serious. I can wait as I want to be sure to read/listen to exactly what you're citing. Get well soon and I'll just keep an eye for your post with the link to support your statement.

kamky
06-10-2009, 07:22 PM

I think this is the video that you remember. Crystal's comment about her use of cocaine is just after the 2 minute mark. This is the interview where Crystal and Marie level a whole bunch of accusations against Ron.

YouTube - Haleigh Cummings Family on Geraldo At Large 2/21/09

I hope you can rest up and feel better soon, Atherella!

atherella
06-10-2009, 07:29 PM
I think this is the video that you remember. Crystal's comment about her use of cocaine is just after the 2 minute mark. This is the interview where Crystal and Marie level a whole bunch of accusations against Ron.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLCCRe10zkY&feature=related

I hope you can rest up and feel better soon, Atherella!

I didn't go look at the link, kamky, but listening to your description -- that's the one.

There are all kinds of nasty accusations leveled at Ron. In the midst of them, Crystal makes her admission.

Thank you for digging that up for Shaymus.

And thanks for the well wishes! :blowkiss:

ETA -- LOL.. now I see the video there! That is definitely the one!

Pondering Mind
06-10-2009, 07:30 PM
AND Ron denied drug use....from his mouth...

Thank you, thank you , thank you! At least Crystal was HONEST, which IMO speaks volumes about her character AND her desire to clean her act up. An active user will always deny, deny, deny...........

lorann
06-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Respectfully asking, if you use that as proof that Crystal used drugs - that means you belive what she says. She also says Ron used cocaine - do you believe that? Or will each "side" only believe the part that supports what they want?

Viki
06-10-2009, 07:41 PM
I've listened to that video a few times over the past few weeks, and what I hear is that Crystal, on finding out that she was pregnant, decided to quit using cocaine, and so she was shocked that RC wasn't going to support her in that decision, but instead was still doing it, right in front of her, and because she had the courage to stand up for her unborn child she got kicked in the head.

stilettos
06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
I didn't go look at the link, kamky, but listening to your description -- that's the one.

There are all kinds of nasty accusations leveled at Ron. In the midst of them, Crystal makes her admission.

I love it that the statement "We were both doing cocaine" "when I just found out I was pregnant" is twisted past reason to "Crystal admitted using cocaine while she was pregnant." They both were using at the time. She admits it. Power to her for truth and honesty. I am sure she is not the only Mom who when finding out she was pregnant admitted to using before she knew.

snookie
06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
BBM

Actually, in an interview with Geraldo, Crystal said she used drugs while pregnant, so that's not a rumor, it was straight from her mouth. Specifically cocaine.She said she stopped using cocaine the same day she found out she was pregnant.

stilettos
06-10-2009, 07:45 PM

Actually in the midst of Crystal speaking the truth...she outs Ron for using cocaine and physically assaulting her. If you believe the first part of her statement to be true about her using...the latter should also be considered true. Ron continued to use after she quit and he assaulted her.

Pondering Mind
06-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Actually in the midst of Crystal speaking the truth...she outs Ron for using cocaine and physically assaulting her. If you believe the first part of her statement to be true about her using...the latter should also be considered true. Ron continued to use after she quit and he assaulted her.

Seriously.. I'm having a REAL hard time with the picking and choosing of which parts of Crystals statements are to be believed by some. :waitasec: If it makes her look bad, then it must be true...if it makes Ron look bad, then it has to be a lie...Go figure...:rolleyes:

atherella
06-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Thank you, thank you , thank you! At least Crystal was HONEST, which IMO speaks volumes about her character AND her desire to clean her act up. An active user will always deny, deny, deny...........

She hasn't always been so honest.

Interview starts somewhere around 1:20.

YouTube - Crystal Sheffield interview 03/09/09

There are at least 2 lies in this interview.

And Ron was asked if he currently used drugs by Geraldo. He said no. Given that he took random drugs tests at his job at PDM (and had to take one to get hired), I believe he was telling the truth to Geraldo - he was not currently using drugs.

This is the Crystal thread, though, which is why I've been trying to stay OT and stay discussing Crystal.

Viki
06-10-2009, 08:01 PM

YouTube - Crystal Sheffield interview 03/09/09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFIBsFxTVM8&feature=channel_page)

And Ron was asked if he currently used drugs by Geraldo. He said no. Given that he took random drugs tests at his job at PDM (and had to take one to get hired), I believe he was telling the truth to Geraldo - he was not currently using drugs.

This is the Crystal thread, though, which is why I've been trying to stay OT and stay discussing Crystal.

What were the two lies?

How many drug tests did RC take and what were the results?

Shaymus at The Rock
06-10-2009, 08:23 PM
She said she stopped using cocaine the same day she found out she was pregnant.

What house were they at when Crystal confronted Ron about his continued use after her discovery that they were expecting a child ?

debs
06-10-2009, 08:26 PM
What house were they at when Crystal confronted Ron about his continued use after her discovery that they were expecting a child ?

She said they were living with his mother in Leesburg.

Pondering Mind
06-10-2009, 08:29 PM

YouTube - Crystal Sheffield interview 03/09/09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFIBsFxTVM8&feature=channel_page)

For the sake of arguement, how do you decide which of her statements to believe? Using this logic, maybe she was lying when she said that she used to use cocaine. ..:waitasec:

Pondering Mind
06-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Well that's interesting. So his mother, an employee of a police dept, was unaware of the drug use occuring in her home ?

Yep, very interesting how his mother could be so...unaware.

Busylady
06-10-2009, 08:32 PM
JR was 10 months old when the custody hearing was held. Crystal stated she last used cocaine about a year ago. So maybe a year to her is more like 19 months closer to two years. She also states that she went into rehab for a week after she left RC. We know RJ was about 4 months old when she left RC. Why would she need rehab if she hadnt been doing drugs for at least two years?

debs
06-10-2009, 08:35 PM
JR was 10 months old when the custody hearing was held. Crystal stated she last used cocaine about a year ago. So maybe a year to her is more like 19 months closer to two years. She also states that she went into rehab for a week after she left RC. We know RJ was about 4 months old when she left RC. Why would she need rehab if she hadnt been doing drugs for at least two years?

I would guess because the cravings were still there. Stopping drugs doesn't mean the behavior or the desire stops. It just means you don't have access anymore. I find it very brave of her to want to change her life enough to be better.

stilettos
06-10-2009, 08:35 PM
We do not know busy what was in her mind when she made the estimate of time. We could argue about this forever but no one is going to change their mind. If you believe Crystal when she says he was doing drugs, do you also believe Crystal when she says that RC was doing them and that he assaulted her?

Viki
06-10-2009, 08:36 PM

Because when she tried to get her partner to get on board with a drug free lifestyle that would support healthy children and provide a more loving family environment he kept doing drugs right in front of her and kicked her in the head (god, I even hate typing that, but I'm not naive, I get that people can act that way... sigh)?

Pondering Mind
06-10-2009, 08:38 PM
We do not know busy what was in her mind when she made the estimate of time. We could argue about this forever but no one is going to change their mind. If you believe Crystal when she says he was doing drugs, do you also believe Crystal when she says that RC was doing them and that he assaulted her?

stilettos, sometimes the Thank You button is just not enough! :blowkiss:

Busylady
06-10-2009, 08:38 PM
I certainly do hope that she changes her life for the better and gets her health issues under control. I hope all parties concerned take steps to improve their lives and be better parents to their children, accept responsbility for their own actions instead of blaming others, and learn to work together as they have children together.

atherella
06-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Oh, you're feeling better and were able to provide this video. That's good news. I hope your speedy recovery continues.

That is a very different link than the one you wanted prior. Kamky provided that one. Like I said, I had surgery, most people do not recover from surgery in a matter of a few hours. I had this link bookmarked and labeled. It was easy to pull this one up.

For the sake of arguement, how do you decide which of her statements to believe? Using this logic, maybe she was lying when she said that she used to use cocaine. ..:waitasec:

Crystal made a statement in the video I linked. Court records show she lied in the statement she made. And I am not speaking about drugs at all, here. I am talking about being served for court.

Pondering Mind
06-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Busy, from your own post, it appears that Crystal HAS taken the right steps and I pray that under the stress of all this that she doesn't relapse. IMHO, the rest can't even admit that they have a problem...and we all know THAT is the first step.

stilettos
06-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Because when she tried to get her partner to get on board with a drug free lifestyle that would support healthy children and provide a more loving family environment he kept doing drugs right in front of her and kicked her in the head (god, I even hate typing that, but I'm not naive, I get that people can act that way... sigh)?

Hate to say this....but I happen to know that type of behavior happens all the time. My sister went through something like that. Dad was a dealer...exposed her to it. She liked it. Got pregnant and quit. He continued, never did anything with the baby. She left. On my neice's first birthday during mandatory visit he abducted her. It was about control of my sister and not love for his child. Believe me we know....from the child herself and what she endured. We found her seven years later. Without LE help as in the 80's it was not illegal for a bio-parent to take a child across state lines. We got her full custody. We had to locate him and then call police. He got away many times by minutes. Finally his rights were terminated and he spent 3mo's in jail and 5 years probation.

Busylady
06-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Yes I believe RC did drugs at some point in his life. I do not believe RC assaulted Crystal or abused the children in any way. If Crystal would of testified in court that RC abused her, and fought for her children I would give her statement alot more weight that she had been abused. Had Crystal not original told the world that RC was a good daddy and would never hurt the children and that he was not abusive I would also give it more weight, instead wait until custody situation is under way to make these statements just doesnt hold up for me. Crystal has changed her story over time to place blame on everyone else but herself for all her actions, so yes I have a tough time taking what she states as truth. Crystal was around the drug lifestyle way before RC came in the picture, Crystal was around abuse way before RC came into the picture. I am sorry I just cannot sit back and blame RC for everything Crystal has done wrong in her life.

stilettos
06-10-2009, 08:44 PM
I certainly do hope that she changes her life for the better and gets her health issues under control. I hope all parties concerned take steps to improve their lives and be better parents to their children, accept responsbility for their own actions instead of blaming others, and learn to work together as they have children together.

You and I agree on this Busy. Let's have a party! :bananalama:

Busylady
06-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Sorry we will just have to agree to disagree. Her actions after she left RC do not represent someone trying to maintain a drug free lifestyle, or drug free lifestyle around her child.

Busylady
06-10-2009, 08:49 PM
We do agree admitting you have a problem is the first step. However admitting you have a problem is not blaming someone else for that problem. It is taking personal responsibility for the decisions you have made. I hope she is not using drugs currently as well. She is with someone who was in that lifestyle at least until a few years ago, she had a party a year ago representing the drug lifestyle, so hopefully somethings have changed.

Busy, from your own post, it appears that Crystal HAS taken the right steps and I pray that under the stress of all this that she doesn't relapse. IMHO, the rest can't even admit that they have a problem...and we all know THAT is the first step.

Viki
06-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Sorry we will just have to agree to disagree. Her actions after she left RC do not represent someone trying to maintain a drug free lifestyle, or drug free lifestyle around her child.

I hear you, addiction is always about recovery and relapse. Still, I give her credit for trying.

Tom'sGirl
06-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Stay on topic and leave the posts off regarding anyone who has not been mentioned by LE as directly connected to this case.

Hearsay or rumors read on blogs don't belong here.

Thanks!

Pondering Mind
06-10-2009, 09:16 PM
We do agree admitting you have a problem is the first step. However admitting you have a problem is not blaming someone else for that problem. It is taking personal responsibility for the decisions you have made. I hope she is not using drugs currently as well. She is with someone who was in that lifestyle at least until a few years ago, she had a party a year ago representing the drug lifestyle, so hopefully somethings have changed.

Busy, I believe that ALL of them are probably around drugs to varying degrees and probably always have been and probably always will be...jmo.. I have NEVER said that I thought that Crystal and Chad led a completely drug free lifestyle, just as I obviously don't believe that Ron and Misty have led a drug free lifestyle. But, and this is just MY OWN OPINION....I see Crystal as being much more out of the harder drugs now, maybe she is completely clean..I DON'T KNOW. Ron and Misty on the other hand....by their own actions, behaviors AND rumors..not to be spoken here....tell me that the same can not be said of them...I may be totally wrong, but I don't think that I am :D

Viki
06-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Stay on topic and leave the posts off regarding anyone who has not been mentioned by LE as directly connected to this case.

Hearsay or rumors read on blogs don't belong here.

Thanks!

OK, now I'm really confused.

First, what is an "A?"

Second, when were we doing any of the above?

SNL411
06-11-2009, 12:10 AM
BBM

In actuality she said when she found out she was pregnant she instantly quit, I would say for the safety of her baby.

debs
06-11-2009, 12:13 AM
In actuality she said when she found out she was pregnant she instantly quit, I would say for the safety of her baby.

That's how I understood it, too. It appears also that the baby was not born addicted. That is a blessing. Never having gone through an addiction myself, I can only imagine how difficult it is to stop. To do so for the sake of the child you're carrying shows an incredible love both for baby, and self.

snookie
06-11-2009, 12:14 AM
In actuality she said when she found out she was pregnant she instantly quit, I would say for the safety of her baby.Yes, and I believe her.

Helplessly Hoping
06-11-2009, 12:14 AM
I have not detected deceit in Crystal....JMO

debs
06-11-2009, 12:16 AM
I have not detected deceit in Crystal....JMO

Neither have I. I hope she is faring as well as she can tonight.

Helplessly Hoping
06-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Neither have I. I hope she is faring as well as she can tonight.

ya know Debs....my heart is breaking for her today....just cannot fathom how one survives the 'not knowing'---I am not that strong...

snookie
06-11-2009, 12:25 AM
My heart goes out to Crystal. :rose:

I truly admire her honesty and strength. She's a very brave young woman.

radio
06-11-2009, 02:13 AM

I believe her too.

Donjeta
06-11-2009, 04:54 AM
I dunno but I imagine that if I was suddenly thrust on national television shocked and upset in a family emergency, the first statement I made might not be that my ex always was a right b*****d, even if I thought so deep down. I wouldn't want to make any hasty statements, not knowing what was going on.

kamky
06-12-2009, 06:54 PM
That's how I understood it, too. It appears also that the baby was not born addicted. That is a blessing. Never having gone through an addiction myself, I can only imagine how difficult it is to stop. To do so for the sake of the child you're carrying shows an incredible love both for baby, and self.
What doesn't make sense to me is that 4 months later, she left this same baby with the person she later accused of using drugs and abusing her. It's not as if she didn't have family to support her leaving with her children, so why would she ever leave them in such a bad situation? Maybe she had post-partum and saw the situation as hopeless - I don't know. But she went back to her parents and other family members, so she wasn't all alone and would have had assistance. This makes me feel that the situation may not have been quite as she has described.

debs
06-12-2009, 07:28 PM
What doesn't make sense to me is that 4 months later, she left this same baby with the person she later accused of using drugs and abusing her. It's not as if she didn't have family to support her leaving with her children, so why would she ever leave them in such a bad situation? Maybe she had post-partum and saw the situation as hopeless - I don't know. But she went back to her parents and other family members, so she wasn't all alone and would have had assistance. This makes me feel that the situation may not have been quite as she has described.

Well, unless she found out when she was 9 months pregnant, I can't quite see how she left any baby 4 months later after she discovered she was pregnant and stopped using drugs, only to find out that her partner wasn't interested in stopping too, and for her efforts she got kicked in the head for the question as to why he wouldn't give it up, too. There is a gestational period to figure in to the tale.

And recognizing each others' faults is what people do, and not wanting to deny a child knowing his/her other parent is an instinct of a person who just wants a normal family, normal love for the children and normal healthy interaction with the other adult if a family cannot be held together.

I have no reason to doubt that Crystal used drugs, gave up the drugs when she found out she was pregnant, asked Ronald to quit doing drugs too. I have no reason to believe, based on my own observation of his volatile anger toward even the minimal provocation, that he abused her when she confronted him.

As to "leaving" the child after it was born in the care of such a person, I'm sure that decision haunts her every. single. day. You try to do what you think is the right thing by not denying your children access to their father, and the carp gets thrown in your face as a bad mistake everytime you turn around. As I said.....................every. single. day. The poor woman. She continues to amaze me with working toward making better, healthier decisions.

stilettos
06-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Well, unless she found out when she was 9 months pregnant, I can't quite see how she left any baby 4 months later after she discovered she was pregnant and stopped using drugs, only to find out that her partner wasn't interested in stopping too, and for her efforts she got kicked in the head for the question as to why he wouldn't give it up, too. There is a gestational period to figure in to the tale.

And recognizing each others' faults is what people do, and not wanting to deny a child knowing his/her other parent is an instinct of a person who just wants a normal family, normal love for the children and normal healthy interaction with the other adult if a family cannot be held together.

I have no reason to doubt that Crystal used drugs, gave up the drugs when she found out she was pregnant, asked Ronald to quit doing drugs too. I have no reason to believe, based on my own observation of his volatile anger toward even the minimal provocation, that he abused her when she confronted him.

As to "leaving" the child after it was born in the care of such a person, I'm sure that decision haunts her every. single. day. You try to do what you think is the right thing by not denying your children access to their father, and the carp gets thrown in your face as a bad mistake everytime you turn around. As I said.....................every. single. day. The poor woman. She continues to amaze me with working toward making better, healthier decisions.

I'd like to tell you a story of a young girl who got involved with a drug dealer. She gets pregnant, he wants her to abort, she refuses. He sells and does coke during the pregnancy and after. When the baby is 9 months old...she leaves because he was threatening her with weapons and abusing her and refused to stop using and dealing. Because of the law in the state the Dad got visitation. On the child's 1st birthday during court ordered visitation he abducts the child and flees the state. the child was found years later and spent many, many years in therapy including as an inpatient. The Mom to this day wishes that she had been the one to flee with the child to prevent what happened. This Mom went on to foster and adopt five children, speak in High Schools about abuse and drug use and teen pregnancy, work and volunteer and otherwise be a productive member of society.

My question is this: Have you never made an uninformed decision that has hurt yourself or others? If so, pat yourself on the back because you are the Second Coming.

Oh and Debs, your post was a jumping off point. I agree with everything you said!!! :blowkiss:

Kat
06-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I have a question. I haven't given Crystal a lot of attention so I am coming here to those that have more information.

Has it been discussed what is causing Crystal's illness? She is blacking out right? That's not good if it happens that often.

Also, was there a reason ever stated in the media for the closing of the Haleighbug bldg? Are they going to stay operational just not in that Bldg? Is anyone actively still searching for Haleigh from that foundation?

Just trying to get my facts straight. TIA

Donjeta
06-14-2009, 01:13 PM
The details of Crystal's medical history haven't been revealed, as far as I know, but KP said something about stress as a factor, there have been mentions of seizure disorder running in the family, and she was in a car wreck that might or might not have anything to do with it but the latest is that the reason is still being investigated by doctors.

The reason why the Haleighbug center relocated to Baker county was reportedly the difficulties Crystal faced traveling to Satsuma with the driving restrictions in place and because no useful tips came in anyway.

Because a medical issue involving seizures is keeping Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, from traveling to Satsuma from her home in Baker County, the decision was made to close the building.

Kim Picazio, a South Florida attorney who has been helping Sheffield with the case, said most of what was coming into the center recently were rumors and gossip.

"We had already heard most of that," she said. "If anyone has a credible lead, they should be talking to law enforcement."

Picazio said Sheffield, who has had at least two seizures since the disappearance, including one that ended in a traffic accident, cannot make the drive to Satsuma. Doctors are still determining what caused the attacks, Picazio said.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-06-09/story/mom_closes_haleighs_headquarters

Kat
06-14-2009, 02:50 PM
TY so much Donjeta! :blowkiss:

Facts given
06-22-2009, 08:18 AM
Her seizures could be very well stress-related, did not sleep, did not eat..

At least she was able to pay off $12 000 child support, she owed to Cummings as reported by Art Harris.

Bless her donor!:angel:

elle1919
06-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Her seizures could be very well stress-related, did not sleep, did not eat..

At least she was able to pay off $12 000 child support, she owed to Cummings as reported by Art Harris.

Bless her donor!:angel:

I had to go searching for sources of what you posted. I think it is great that the back child support debt has been paid. I don't know that we can link the source here though. Could someone tell me if Crystal is still operating the HBC in Baker County? Also, have we heard an update as to how Crystal is faring with the seizures?

Facts given
06-22-2009, 09:54 AM
I had to go searching for sources of what you posted. I think it is great that the back child support debt has been paid. I don't know that we can link the source here though. Could someone tell me if Crystal is still operating the HBC in Baker County? Also, have we heard an update as to how Crystal is faring with the seizures?

Here is the source.

Harris is respected reporter, covering the case for JVM

http://www.artharris.com/2009/06/21/haleigh-exclusive-mystery-donor-revealed/

elle1919
06-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Here is the source.

Harris is respected reporter, covering the case for JVM

http://www.artharris.com/2009/06/21/haleigh-exclusive-mystery-donor-revealed/

Are you talking about Art Harris? I think a respected reporter would be one that reported all aspects of a case without taking a stance one way or the other. I am not saying that the information that he posts is untrue....however, I have found confirmation of your post elsewhere. I was under the impression that we were not allowed to link to the Art Harris website, if I am wrong though....please forgive me!:blowkiss:

Tom'sGirl
06-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Are you talking about Art Harris? I think a respected reporter would be one that reported all aspects of a case without taking a stance one way or the other. I am not saying that the information that he posts is untrue....however, I have found confirmation of your post elsewhere. I was under the impression that we were not allowed to link to the Art Harris website, if I am wrong though....please forgive me!:blowkiss:
Linking to AH is fine, however, discussion of his blog entries aren't.

Blog entries that have NOT been verified or have nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance are counterproductive.

texasmommy39
06-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Now that Crystals back child support has been paid current I wonder if she is going to start paying it herself now.
Has has it been confirmed that LE wants to search or have searched recently Crystal's home?

elle1919
06-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Now that Crystals back child support has been paid current I wonder if she is going to start paying it herself now.
Has has it been confirmed that LE wants to search or have searched recently Crystal's home?

texasmommy......do you know if Crystal is working right now, I know she is running the HBC in Baker County but I have been trying to find out all morning if she or Ronald is currently working? TIA

Facts given
06-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Yes in cases like these, emotions run high and people are taking sides.

I certainly wish them well, both Cummings and Sheffield families, LE needs to figure out what happened to Haleigh.

They were quick to rule out the SO's in the area though.

atherella
06-23-2009, 01:31 AM
texasmommy......do you know if Crystal is working right now, I know she is running the HBC in Baker County but I have been trying to find out all morning if she or Ronald is currently working? TIA

I don't believe that the HBC has opened yet. Do you have some verification that it has opened?

elle1919
06-23-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't believe that the HBC has opened yet. Do you have some verification that it has opened?

No I do not, awhile back I saw in the Daily Update Thread that the HBC was moving to Baker County because the drive was beginning to be too much everyday.

What I was trying to ascertain was what each parent was doing for income at the present time.

Bobbisangel
06-25-2009, 03:59 AM

Crystal could have been paying her child support for a few years at least as she had no children in her home. The two kids lived with Ron and she didn't have the baby for a few years. She didn't make an attempt to work and be finanically responsible for Haleigh or RJ then and I doubt if anything will change. She is caught up now but will she keep up with it? That will probably depend on her boyfriend/stepbrother, if he works, and if he is willing to start paying the support. He didn't before and that probably won't change.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone with a big heart would step in and pay the back child support for some of these single mothers who have little kids that they are actually raising and who work two or three jobs just to try and keep the rent paid, daycare provided and food on the table for their children? There are a lot of them out there who are struggling because they are getting no help and are not living with a boyfriend who works. Those young mothers who are trying so hard are the ones who deserve the help. Not someone who sat around on her rear end doing nothing for years without any children in the home and someone providing her rent and food. Just because she has a missing daughter doesn't make her a special case in my eyes. She wasn't even raising that daughter.

yosande
06-25-2009, 04:22 AM

When a person is in an abusive relationship, getting away is not easy. Being chased down the road, being passed on a two lane highway, then slowing down. Attempting to terrify you in every way. Telling you that if you leave, you will not take the kids, if you do, I will get them, and you will never see them again.
I'm not saying this is what happened to her.
It did happen to me.
Sometimes the best solution is leaving the kids with them, and hoping their life is better simply b/c they aren't seeing and hearing what he did to their mom.

I don't know Crystal.
My observations of her are;
She is quiet, she is polite, she looks you in the eye.
She lives next to her mom, which imo, makes her a very passive person.
I could think on negative things about her, since none of us are perfect, but I don't think they are needful to say.
I think she does the best with the ability she possesses.
I do not think she took Haleigh.
I do not think she knows where Haleigh is.
I do think she did try to position herself in Satsuma
for the purpose of finding information about her daughter.
I think the stress as to what has happened to her daughter has taken a huge toll on her health.
I hope with all my heart that Haleigh is found soon, so she can grief, and lay her to rest in the way she deserves.
What has happened to Haleigh is not her fault.
She is not accountable for the actions of others.
She did try to get her kids.
The magistrate paid no attention to the law concerning unmarried women with their children being allowed priority to custody. If a man doesn't bother to marry the mother of his children, he loses leverage in family court, or that's how it's suppose to work, in Florida.
She drove 400 miles every other weekend just to spend time with her kids. She loves them. She is treated with contempt by the Cummings family, and the only reason I can see for this is because she wanted/wants her children with her.

She isn't perfect.
I've seen some pics, that look fairly recent where she looks strung out. But she was in an auto accident, so that could be why.
I do think she has grown from this experience, and treasures her children more than ever.
For as young as she is, and with the actions of going to get them every other weekend 400 miles folks, twice a month, just to be with her kids. That tells me she wanted to be with her kids, and she loved them. She did this for three years.
I got the impression she tried to get Ron to give her more time with them also.
I can't think of any reason to say anything negative about her at all.
moo

Skully
06-25-2009, 07:18 AM
When a person is in an abusive relationship, getting away is not easy. Being chased down the road, being passed on a two lane highway, then slowing down. Attempting to terrify you in every way. Telling you that if you leave, you will not take the kids, if you do, I will get them, and you will never see them again.
It did happen to me.
Sometimes the best solution is leaving the kids with them, and hoping their life is better simply b/c they aren't seeing and hearing what he did to their mom.

I don't know Crystal.
I could think on negative things about her, since none of us are perfect, but I don't think they are needful to say.
I think the stress as to what has happened to her daughter has taken a huge toll on her health.
I hope with all my heart that Haleigh is found soon, so she can grief, and lay her to rest in the way she deserves.
The magistrate paid no attention to the law concerning unmarried women with their children being allowed priority to custody. If a man doesn't bother to marry the mother of his children, he loses leverage in family court, or that's how it's suppose to work, in Florida.
She drove 400 miles every other weekend just to spend time with her kids. She loves them. She is treated with contempt by the Cummings family, and the only reason I can see for this is because she wanted/wants her children with her.

She isn't perfect.
I've seen some pics, that look fairly recent where she looks strung out. But she was in an auto accident, so that could be why.
I do think she has grown from this experience, and treasures her children more than ever.
For as young as she is, and with the actions of going to get them every other weekend 400 miles folks, twice a month, just to be with her kids. That tells me she wanted to be with her kids, and she loved them. She did this for three years.
moo

:clap:

I agree 100% with you, well said. There is no reason to look at his woman and try to keep finding fault with her. This doesn't help find Haleigh. When I speculate about family taking Haleigh, I am not talking about her. I have never thought she has had anything to do with this child missing.

Many mothers lose custody of their kids, and they should, but in this case, as I read what went down, they were stolen from her. She was beaten down, and abused and I don't think she was able to fight back. I know many of you post how brave you were and how you fought your abuser to protect your kids, but not all woman and people are alike. We don't all react the same way. She has faults, like the rest of us ladies. We all have faults, but we don't have to defend ourselves on the internet and TV. JMHO

elle1919
06-25-2009, 12:35 PM
It did happen to me.

I don't know Crystal.

She isn't perfect.
moo

I don't talk much about my past because it is a very private thing. I really can understand what you mean though. I think when we talk about escaping from an abuser or how long it takes us to do so, it is quite difficult to compare one situation to another. I would never ever put another woman down or question another womans actions if she stayed with an abuser. Neither would I question how long it took for her to make her escape or whether or not she took children of the marriage with her.

In my position leaving my child(one child) was not...NOT an option, I was pushed into a clothes dryer, locked in my room for days on end with my child and no phone. Beaten bloody, and laughed at then in the next hour made to perform sexual acts. I was married to this man and he was the biological father of my child. He never raised a finger to her but leaving her was not an option. See, back then I lived for her and I didn't care much about my life. Because of the extreme circumstance I was in leaving without my child would never suffice. But, I understand it is different with every woman and every situation. I believe that Crystal did not believe her children to be in danger and thats all. I will not speculate as to the circumstances on the day Crystal left. Every woman is different and every circumstance is different and what worked for me might not have worked for her.

yosande
06-25-2009, 03:05 PM
I guess I should add that I didn't leave my kids.
I stayed in the relationship until they were grown.
It was my choice.

elle1919
06-25-2009, 03:44 PM
I guess I should add that I didn't leave my kids.
I stayed in the relationship until they were grown.
It was my choice.

You did what you felt was right for your unique situation and that in itself is commendable.

MADJGNLAW
07-05-2009, 01:56 PM
I have been thinking about Crystal and her seizers. I wonder if maybe the reason Crystal is not working is due to some type of medical condition. We are not privy to her medical history and just maybe she is on disability? Just a thought. She went for so long without paying child support and Ron didn't push the issue until recently from how I understand it, and I feel there is much more to it that we don't know about. I don't think this had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance, just curious as to why no child support payments, the history of the payments, was she paying a minimum amount for a while and so fourth?

Busylady
07-05-2009, 04:11 PM
She had the first seizure a few days before Haleigh went missing. Does not explain the prior 3 years of not working. Based on the amount owed she never made one payment in child support.

I have been thinking about Crystal and her seizers. I wonder if maybe the reason Crystal is not working is due to some type of medical condition. We are not privy to her medical history and just maybe she is on disability? Just a thought. She went for so long without paying child support and Ron didn't push the issue until recently from how I understand it, and I feel there is much more to it that we don't know about. I don't think this had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance, just curious as to why no child support payments, the history of the payments, was she paying a minimum amount for a while and so fourth?

lil momma
07-07-2009, 03:48 PM
If CS was on disability, lets just say for a medical condition other than the seizures, the child support would have come directly out of that check before it was sent to her. (same goes when you collect unemployment)

I do feel however, that there is still no excuse for not supporting your child/children financially, regardless if you are the mother or the father.

Patty G
07-07-2009, 05:22 PM
If CS was on disability, lets just say for a medical condition other than the seizures, the child support would have come directly out of that check before it was sent to her. (same goes when you collect unemployment)

I do feel however, that there is still no excuse for not supporting your child/children financially, regardless if you are the mother or the father.

Normally when a parent is on Social Security disability for a medical condition, the minor child(ren) would also receive a disabilty check. No child support is then paid as the child receives a check automatically every month for as long as the parent is on Social Security Disability or until the child tusrn 18. Now I am not 100% sure of the age 18, but that is what it was when my brother went on disability and had minor children and had paid child support prior to going on disability.

Whisperer
07-07-2009, 05:30 PM
I was under the impression that when a child is on disability the check goes directly to the custodial parent.

I was unaware that the state could take support payments out of Social Security payments...interesting.

elle1919
07-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I was under the impression that when a child is on disability the check goes directly to the custodial parent.

I was unaware that the state could take support payments out of Social Security payments...interesting.

Yes, if a CHILD is the one on disability. If the parent is on disability and receiving social security benefits, the child would receive their own social security benefits in the form of a check sent to the custodial parent. Patty G was spot on with her explanation. So in this case, if Crystal were indeed on disability the custodial parent would receive the check for Haleigh and RJ. I really don't think this was the case though. if you look at the back amount of support that was owed it looks as if Crystal herself had very little income.

At this time, it seems that her seizures might actually be disrupting her everyday life and she could qualify for benefits. I hope she has someone advocating for her that will advise her of her rights with things like this. I also want to mention that Ronald could have petitioned the courts AT ANYTIME to disrupt the visitation schedule that he had with Crystal. If she was in default and owing child support, he had every right to do that. It tells me a lot that he didn't choose to do this. He knew it some part of his brain that these children needed a relationship with their mom. I can acknowledge that much.

SCHTown
07-16-2009, 12:58 PM
IIRC, didn't KP get hired on 3/12? Hard to believe that so many are claiming that CS brought up the custody "with her attorney" so soon after she her abduction. That would have been a month AFTER HaLeigh disappeared. Seems impossible for this to have happened so quickly. JMO

cajun
07-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Breaking news is that Kim Picazio is no longer Crystal's attorney. Two small miracles today.

atherella
07-16-2009, 03:03 PM
I am not sure about the actual date Kim Picazio first became involved.

News articles place Kim in town on March 12th. Kim made her first media appearance on Nancy Grace March 12th. That same night -- on her very first appearance -- she started the bashing of Ron.

GRACE: Joining me right now Kim Picazio. She is the attorney for Haleigh..s biological mother. She has just hired an attorney.

KIM PICAZIO, ATTORNEY FOR MISSING HALEIGH..S MOM: Well, Nancy, we have just rolled up in the small town where Haleigh was raised. I..ve just attended a candlelight vigil for Haleigh for the mother..s camp and I am right now holding a candle in my hand that I received at that candlelight vigil, a candle I..ll keep the rest of my life.

(snip)

We..ve had -- we talked to dozens of people today. We feel that dozens of tips and in our search for Haleigh and talking with witnesses, we received credible evidence that we believe that Junior is definitely at risk, remaining in the home of Mr. Cummings

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/12/ng.01.html

BBM - there is more in the transcript, but you get the idea.

atherella
07-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Breaking news is that Kim Picazio is no longer Crystal's attorney. Two small miracles today.

:eek:

OMG, you don't say?!?! Will wonders never cease! :D

Indiana at Heart
07-16-2009, 03:05 PM

Link Please

cajun
07-16-2009, 03:07 PM
I hope this is ok. TG, this was posted by Art's moderator at his board.

http://www.artharris.com/forum/index.php/topic,125.msg40688.html#msg40688

If it's not OK, delete away :)

elle1919
07-16-2009, 03:11 PM

Thank goodness, I hope this is true. She never needed an attorney to begin with in my opinion, same goes for Ronald. KP...in my opinion....was attracted to the dramatic side of this case and I often wondered if she would have went to Satsuma to "help out" Crystal had Haleigh never went missing. I never believed her when she said her first priority was to find Haleigh and bring her home. If that was her first priority, why is she leaving before Haleigh is brought home?

Indiana at Heart
07-16-2009, 05:31 PM
I hope this is ok. TG, this was posted by Art's moderator at his board.

http://www.artharris.com/forum/index.php/topic,125.msg40688.html#msg40688

If it's not OK, delete away :)

http://www.news4jax.com/news/20072737/detail.html

"I just wanted to let everybody know that Kim Picazio is no longer representing me or my family," Sheffield said. "I want everybody to know it from me and not other people. I just feel I needed to let everybody know that."

elle1919
07-16-2009, 05:38 PM

"I just wanted to let everybody know that Kim Picazio is no longer representing me or my family," Sheffield said. "I want everybody to know it from me and not other people. I just feel I needed to let everybody know that."

I just read the whole article it was a good one. Thank you.

cajun
07-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Sounds like Crystal did get rid of her instead of what Art said Kim said and that was she quit.

Good move, Crystal.

SeriouslySearching
07-16-2009, 06:09 PM
That is more proof for me personally not to trust AH or his sources, Cajun. ;)

South Florida attorney Kim Picazio was representing Sheffield pro-bono. She appeared on national television several times, claiming that some pictures were evidence that Haleigh had been abused.

DCF investigated those allegations against Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings, and now they've closed the case, saying they found no evidence of abuse.

Sheffield won't say why she's ending her relationship with her attorney.

"Personal things," she said. "I don't want to get into them."

It certainly sounds like she fired her to me! The article tries, imo, to make it sound like DCF investigation's final word played a key role in this decision, but maybe not.

I wonder what KP is going to come back with or if she will just go away now?

elle1919
07-16-2009, 06:15 PM
That is more proof for me personally not to trust AH or his sources, Cajun. ;)

South Florida attorney Kim Picazio was representing Sheffield pro-bono. She appeared on national television several times, claiming that some pictures were evidence that Haleigh had been abused.

DCF investigated those allegations against Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings, and now they've closed the case, saying they found no evidence of abuse.

Sheffield won't say why she's ending her relationship with her attorney.

"Personal things," she said. "I don't want to get into them."

It certainly sounds like she fired her to me! The article tries, imo, to make it sound like DCF investigation's final word played a key role in this decision, but maybe not.

I wonder what KP is going to come back with or if she will just go away now?

I for one hope that she will just go away.

robbie11
07-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Crystal, if you are reading here, please stay on the LE in Putnam county daily. We all want Haleigh found....she has touched the hearts of many.

Indiana at Heart
07-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Crystal, if you are reading here, please stay on the LE in Putnam county daily. We all want Haleigh found....she has touched the hearts of many.

AMEN:blowkiss:

atherella
07-16-2009, 08:45 PM

Do you have link stating that Crystal is in "daily" contact with LE? Thanks.

I agree, no matter how many differing opinions we all have, HaLeigh has touched everyone's hearts and we all want her found.

cajun
07-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Sheffield says she’s tired of hearing rumors about the investigation being leaked out from inside sources. She believes maintaining a relationship with Picazio will do more to harm the case than help it.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Haleigh-Cummings-mother-fires-lawyer/MJLzNHfa_kW9NEtIY25Psw.cspx

Blackwatch
07-17-2009, 09:58 AM
I wonder how soon Haleigh will be found after this?

My opinion only

kittylyn461
07-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Does any know if Crystal is working? How is she going to continue to pay for the child support jmo but i hope it is not the donations as that i thought was going to be for the searchs for haleigh. and now that the foundations has changed names i am hoping that they will use the money for what they are saying it is for to search for haleigh and other missing children. TIA if anyone know the answers as i have been away from the forum for a while.,

raeann
07-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Does any know if Crystal is working? How is she going to continue to pay for the child support jmo but i hope it is not the donations as that i thought was going to be for the searchs for haleigh. and now that the foundations has changed names i am hoping that they will use the money for what they are saying it is for to search for haleigh and other missing children. TIA if anyone know the answers as i have been away from the forum for a while.,

The new custody arrangements that have supposedly been agreed to may not require any support payments. It may be that they have decided to share custody equally, none of us know this information yet. Even if they do not, no support will be due for Haleigh at all, which lowers any amount that Crystal might owe. Since Chad works and Crystal helps to care for HIS children, there should be no problem with him helping her pay for any support payment she might owe for Jr.---I don't really see this as anyone else's business, and it certainly has absolutely no bearing on Haleigh being missing. NOT A CENT of the foundation money was used to pay support for the past five months or for the money amount that she was behind in payments, so no one could logically believe that it will be used for that in the future either.

alwaysonmymind
07-17-2009, 06:29 PM
I've not kept up with this case like I had been. The last 2 months of school and summer have been crazy busy. :crazy:

Has it ever been determined what was causing Crystal's seizures? Is she allowed to drive now?

I just read the article about the donor from Texas. I'm blown away by her kindness. Here's to you Barbara---:blowkiss:

atherella
07-17-2009, 06:32 PM

I was wondering about the foundation for awhile. We heard in early June that it was moving to Baker County. It doesn't seem as if it has opened as of yet.

Interestingly enough, despite Kim only "withdrawing" yesterday, either having been fired or resigning, it seems that her departure from the case may have been in the works for a few weeks at least. I decided to take peek at the Haleigh Bug Foundation, Inc. records on Sunbiz.org, and saw something interesting:

Registered Agent Name & Address
GRIFFIS, MARIE
XXXXC MUD LAKE ROAD
GLEN ST. MARY FL 32040 US
Name Changed: 06/25/2009
Address Changed: 06/25/2009

Kim Picazio was the registered agent prior to the change that is listed on 6/25/09. Looks like Marie took over for her in late June. Guess the changes were coming for awhile. :D

As "Vice President" of a foundation, Crystal is entitled to draw a salary. However, I am curious as to if she is drawing a salary on a foundation that is not up and running at the moment? At least, the building is not open last I had heard. I imagine they wouldn't turn away donations if they were sent in, though. Wonder when the Center will reopen?

raeann
07-17-2009, 06:51 PM
I was wondering about the foundation for awhile. We heard in early June that it was moving to Baker County. It doesn't seem as if it has opened as of yet.

Interestingly enough, despite Kim only "withdrawing" yesterday, either having been fired or resigning, it seems that her departure from the case may have been in the works for a few weeks at least. I decided to take peek at the Haleigh Bug Foundation, Inc. records on Sunbiz.org, and saw something interesting:

Kim Picazio was the registered agent prior to the change that is listed on 6/25/09. Looks like Marie took over for her in late June. Guess the changes were coming for awhile. :D

As "Vice President" of a foundation, Crystal is entitled to draw a salary. However, I am curious as to if she is drawing a salary on a foundation that is not up and running at the moment? At least, the building is not open last I had heard. I imagine they wouldn't turn away donations if they were sent in, though. Wonder when the Center will reopen?

There is no requirement of any kind that a foundation be housed in a separate or specified building, or even within an office space within a building. Literally thousands of foundations are maintained and well-run out of a file cabinet in someone's dining room or from a box beside a kitchen table. Many are given space at a business which helps to promote and support the charitable efforts of that foundation. There is no reason to believe that there is even any money coming in to the foundation at this time from which anyone could possibly draw a salary. jmo

atherella
07-17-2009, 07:04 PM
There is no requirement of any kind that a foundation be housed in a separate or specified building, or even within an office space within a building. Literally thousands of foundations are maintained and well-run out of a file cabinet in someone's dining room or from a box beside a kitchen table. Many are given space at a business which helps to promote and support the charitable efforts of that foundation. There is no reason to believe that there is even any money coming in to the foundation at this time from which anyone could possibly draw a salary. jmo

I realize how "many" foundations are run. I'm specifically talking about the HaLeigh Bug Foundation, Inc. I believe they said the HaLeigh Bug Center was going to be run out of a building on Crystal's mother's property "on the hay farm".

As far as how much money is being made, we'll be able to tell eventually when the reports are put up online. At least we'll be able to tell how much money was made after they filed for non-profit status after May 8th. No telling how much money was made between February - May 8th when there was no accounting for the money.

snookie
07-17-2009, 08:11 PM

If she is not working, it could be due to health issues.

st777jo
07-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Crystal could have been paying her child support for a few years at least as she had no children in her home. The two kids lived with Ron and she didn't have the baby for a few years. She didn't make an attempt to work and be finanically responsible for Haleigh or RJ then and I doubt if anything will change. She is caught up now but will she keep up with it? That will probably depend on her boyfriend/stepbrother, if he works, and if he is willing to start paying the support. He didn't before and that probably won't change.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone with a big heart would step in and pay the back child support for some of these single mothers who have little kids that they are actually raising and who work two or three jobs just to try and keep the rent paid, daycare provided and food on the table for their children? There are a lot of them out there who are struggling because they are getting no help and are not living with a boyfriend who works. Those young mothers who are trying so hard are the ones who deserve the help. Not someone who sat around on her rear end doing nothing for years without any children in the home and someone providing her rent and food. Just because she has a missing daughter doesn't make her a special case in my eyes. She wasn't even raising that daughter.

What a very truthful post.

kittylyn461
07-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks Ath for the information!

Ms Suzanne
07-17-2009, 08:30 PM
I don't think any of this has anything to do with finding Haleigh.It's over.Lets please move on.What are people doing now to find this sweet little girl?

Busylady
07-19-2009, 10:21 PM
This statement from Crystal has bothered me - as a parent wouldnt you be praying and hoping everyday your child was coming home. Why would she make a statement April 10th about an event 5 days away unless she knew Haleigh was not coming home.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/041009haleigh_missing_two_months

SATSUMA, Fla. - - While acknowledging on Thursday her daughter has been gone for exactly two months hasn’t been easy for Crystal Sheffield, Friday might be a tougher day. It would have been the start of Haleigh’s spring break. “It’s going to be hard without her. Her little sister’s birthday is April 15th and [Haleigh’s] not going to be here

atherella
07-19-2009, 11:00 PM
This statement from Crystal has bothered me - as a parent wouldnt you be praying and hoping everyday your child was coming home. Why would she make a statement April 10th about an event 5 days away unless she knew Haleigh was not coming home.

SATSUMA, Fla. - - While acknowledging on Thursday her daughter has been gone for exactly two months hasn’t been easy for Crystal Sheffield, Friday might be a tougher day. It would have been the start of Haleigh’s spring break. “It’s going to be hard without her. Her little sister’s birthday is April 15th and [Haleigh’s] not going to be here

Good question. I remember noting that back when it happened thinking it was odd.

I'd like to point something out now that I am in Crystal's thread.

Everyone is SO QUICK to point out that Ron is not in front of the cameras begging for HaLeigh's return.

Where is Crystal begging for HaLeigh?

I'd like to be clear - no one is in front of the cameras begging for HaLeigh. It is NOT only Ron. And, from early in the case, once Picazio came on board, Crystal stopped begging for HaLeigh's return and only made media appearances to speak about other issues. I realize that Kim is no longer on the case - to that, I say I'm glad. I am not going to harp on that either. I just want to be perfectly clear that neither one of HaLeigh's parents are speaking to the media about the case, and that is because LE has asked them to lay low. Do I agree with that? Absolutely not. I would love to see them yelling from rooftops. I would like to see HaLeigh's case picked up by the mainstream media again. Now that there are no more attorneys involved & the custody case is resolved, my HOPE is that Crystal and Ron can WORK TOGETHER for their daughter's sake and BEG FOR HER RETURN! Get her name and face into the public - EVERYWHERE! I do not care how these two adults feel about each other. Fact is, they created this beautiful child together, and she is both of their responsibility. I hope they can come together for HaLeigh's sake to find her.

Busylady
07-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Beautifully said!!!!!

Good question. I remember noting that back when it happened thinking it was odd.

I'd like to point something out now that I am in Crystal's thread.

Everyone is SO QUICK to point out that Ron is not in front of the cameras begging for HaLeigh's return.

Where is Crystal begging for HaLeigh?

I'd like to be clear - no one is in front of the cameras begging for HaLeigh. It is NOT only Ron. And, from early in the case, once Picazio came on board, Crystal stopped begging for HaLeigh's return and only made media appearances to speak about other issues. I realize that Kim is no longer on the case - to that, I say I'm glad. I am not going to harp on that either. I just want to be perfectly clear that neither one of HaLeigh's parents are speaking to the media about the case, and that is because LE has asked them to lay low. Do I agree with that? Absolutely not. I would love to see them yelling from rooftops. I would like to see HaLeigh's case picked up by the mainstream media again. Now that there are no more attorneys involved & the custody case is resolved, my HOPE is that Crystal and Ron can WORK TOGETHER for their daughter's sake and BEG FOR HER RETURN! Get her name and face into the public - EVERYWHERE! I do not care how these two adults feel about each other. Fact is, they created this beautiful child together, and she is both of their responsibility. I hope they can come together for HaLeigh's sake to find her.

Flossie JMO
07-20-2009, 12:04 AM

Bolded by me, I believe she knew. Jmo

Ms Suzanne
07-20-2009, 12:25 AM
I know that some where at a later time they may not feel she is coming back because no one is bringing her back.I think reality sets in.But you always have hope.I feel really bad for Ron and Crystal and my heart really goes out to them.I pray they find out what happened to thier daughter soon and don't have to wait never knowing what happened to thier daughter and so they do not have to hurt any more not knowing where she is.

texasmommy39
07-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Bolded by me, I believe she knew. Jmo

JMO It is apparent that the Sheffields/Griffis family know a whole lot. Why would this mother and Grandmother not show up till late morning on the 10th?

If I where called at 3:45 in the morning and told my 5 year old was missing from her bed and they could not find her, I would be on my way at 3:50 am not 10:30 am (almost 7 hrs later).
Crystal took 7hrs to do what?
Find a babysiter for Chads children and C?
Do the children go to school? Didn't she bring C with her?
So Marie can finish her bus route?
Wasn't it said that Marie found someone else to run her bus route?
So..... what took her/them so long?
The Sheffield and Griffis family members timeline of activities before, during and after the abduction has yet to be outlined and discussed here.
IMO this is where the truth lies (their timeline) that will lead to HaLeigh.

Busylady
07-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Does that mean they were in separate rooms, because that would be very significant? Have you ever been inside the house? Do you know whether the bed near the TV is near the main bed that Misty would sleep in?

GRIFFIS: I don`t know anything about the TV. My daughter, Crystal, has been in that house, and she said Haleigh and Junior have beds set up in one room and then there`s a big bed in the room that, I guess, Ronald and Misty would sleep in, and that`s the one that we understand that they were all three in.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82548&page=6

Yet Crystal did not know where RC lived?

texasmommy39
07-26-2009, 12:24 PM
From the time Misty states she went to sleep at 10:30 pm and when she woke and called 911 at 3:27 am is 4 hrs and 57 min., you add that time on to the Sheffield/Griffis response time of almost 7 hrs and there is some questions that arise in my mind.

sleepingheart
07-26-2009, 01:24 PM
JMO It is apparent that the Sheffields/Griffis family know a whole lot. Why would this mother and Grandmother not show up till late morning on the 10th?

If I where called at 3:45 in the morning and told my 5 year old was missing from her bed and they could not find her, I would be on my way at 3:50 am not 10:30 am (almost 7 hrs later).
Crystal took 7hrs to do what?
Find a babysiter for Chads children and C?
Do the children go to school? Didn't she bring C with her?
So Marie can finish her bus route?
Wasn't it said that Marie found someone else to run her bus route?
So..... what took her/them so long?
The Sheffield and Griffis family members timeline of activities before, during and after the abduction has yet to be outlined and discussed here.
IMO this is where the truth lies (their timeline) that will lead to HaLeigh.

Hey TexasMommy, I found this post about Crystal taking so long to get there, which concerns me. How do we know that it took her so long though?

Katana
07-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Hey TexasMommy, I found this post about Crystal taking so long to get there, which concerns me. How do we know that it took her so long though?

That's the problem with this case. There has been very little determined as certain or fact. Mostly my instinct has led me to suspect Ron of harming Haleigh then hiding her but, hopefully LE has something in the form of evidence to go on. So far it appears they don't.

texasmommy39
07-26-2009, 02:09 PM

It has been greatly debated over here in previous threads. The fact that Crystal did not arrive in Satsuma till after 11 am is no secret.
The topic brings out the ugly and bias in this forum. I still can not understand the side taking in a child abduction case, but, have my opinion of who is not a suspect and who I want more information on to rule out their involvement. The fact that Crystal didn't respond to that phone call at 3:45 they way a concerned and loving parent who was just told their 5 year old daughter is missing from her bed at 3 am in the morning and the police are there and they can not find her is being overlooked and justified.

texasmommy39
07-26-2009, 02:14 PM
That's the problem with this case. There has been very little determined as certain or fact. Mostly my instinct has led me to suspect Ron of harming Haleigh then hiding her but, hopefully LE has something in the form of evidence to go on. So far it appears they don't.

Please take a stroll thru some of the old threads here and the parking lot threads they will help you out in getting some of the tid bits of facts that have been revealed and the debunked lies and rumors.

Whisperer
07-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Are you saying because Crystal with an infant at home didn't get there fast enough for you? Are you saying that is where the problem is? It is a 2 hr drive, at least, for people who aren't upset and hear their child is missing. Furthermore, I think you may be saying because of this delay, Crystal is suspect in the disappearance of Haleigh.

Well, here is something to contemplate....TN arrived way too early. How did she get there, dressed and PIC in hand by 340/349 when the 911 call was placed at 3:27? Please entertain the fact that the call had to take some time, add at least 7 minutes. with all the hangups with dispatch. how in the world did TN get there so fast? When do you think RC placed that call to mommy? TN and where she lived is another subject.

Has anyone thought that maybe calls to people were placed prior to calling 911?

Shaymus at The Rock
07-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Please take a stroll thru some of the old threads here and the parking lot threads they will help you out in getting some of the tid bits of facts that have been revealed and the debunked lies and rumors.

Run a search on TexasLady2's posts. She has the most succinct and accurate response to this issue, IMO.

TxLady2
07-26-2009, 08:33 PM
It has been greatly debated over here in previous threads. The fact that Crystal did not arrive in Satsuma till after 11 am is no secret.
The topic brings out the ugly and bias in this forum. I still can not understand the side taking in a child abduction case, but, have my opinion of who is not a suspect and who I want more information on to rule out their involvement. The fact that Crystal didn't respond to that phone call at 3:45 they way a concerned and loving parent who was just told their 5 year old daughter is missing from her bed at 3 am in the morning and the police are there and they can not find her is being overlooked and justified.

What?? Cannot find who?? Are you saying they couldn't find Crystal? Where did this come from? Link, please. And remember... this is not the rumor thread. Be prepared to back up what you say with PROOF.

atherella
07-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Well, here is something to contemplate....TN arrived way too early. How did she get there, dressed and PIC in hand by 340/349 when the 911 call was placed at 3:27? Please entertain the fact that the call had to take some time, add at least 7 minutes. with all the hangups with dispatch. how in the world did TN get there so fast? When do you think RC placed that call to mommy? TN and where she lived is another subject.

Has anyone thought that maybe calls to people were placed prior to calling 911?

Snipped & BBM

Teresa did NOT get to the house by 3:40. I can prove that with facts.
I'm looking at the police report.

Officer R. Nelson didn't arrive on the scene until 3:40 a.m.. Arriving at the same time as Officer R. Nelson was D/S Bridges. When R. Nelson arrived, the report states he spoke to Ron. Ron was very emotional during said interview. Officer Nelson next interviewed Misty. He collected information from Misty which is listed in the report. It wasn't until he spoke to both Ron & Misty that Teresa arrived.

From the report:

"At this time, Teresa Neves, arrived on the scene."

Do the math yourself:

~Officer R. Nelson arrives at the scene at 3:40 a.m. Teresa was not there.

~Officer R. Nelson interviews Ron.

~Officer R. Nelson then interviews Misty.

~He collects information from both of them during the interviews.

~The police report notes that after the initial interview of Misty, Teresa arrives.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/02/13/putnam.pdf

We know Teresa was there at 3:49 am because this is the time that she called Crystal. Teresa probably arrived on the scene around 3:45.

Teresa was located, according to mapquest:

Estimated Time: 16 minutes Estimated Distance: 10.58 miles.

Doubt she drove the speed limit that night. I don't think it took her very long to drive slightly over 10 miles around 3:30 in the morning after learning her granddaughter was missing. I imagine most people would break every speed law in existence.

Whisperer
07-27-2009, 12:07 AM
TN had to be there before 3:49 because she would have assessed the situation, gathered facts and then placed a call.

It still presents a time problem. Ron must have called her beforehand. You have to subtract the 911 call also, the conversation with RC, getting out of bed, getting dressed, driving and gathering facts....sorry, does not compute!

Whisperer
07-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Your estimate is 16 minutes drive time, ok.

1. 911 call at 3:27...how long did that last?
2. TN gets called after 911
3. has to have some type of conversation with RC..shock must take a min or two.
4. gets dressed, find her sweater, comb hair, get pic, etc. grabs keys.
5. drive to Satsuma.
6. assess situation...look for Haleigh, talk to LE..maybe call her mom first.
7. calls Crystal at 3:49

According to your math Atherella, 3:45 minus 16 minutes for driving = 3:29...so when exactly did RC call her?

atherella
07-27-2009, 12:24 AM
Your estimate is 16 minutes drive time, ok.

1. 911 call at 3:27...how long did that last?
2. TN gets called after 911
3. has to have some type of conversation with RC..shock must take a min or two.
4. gets dressed, find her sweater, comb hair, get pic, etc. grabs keys.
5. drive to Satsuma.
6. assess situation...look for Haleigh, talk to LE..maybe call her mom first.
7. calls Crystal at 3:49

According to your math Atherella, 3:45 minus 16 minutes for driving = 3:29...so when exactly did RC call her?

Mapquest says 16 minutes - NOT me! If you have ever used mapquest, you'll realize they overestimate time. Also, if you read my post, you'll see that I said I don't think she drove the speed limit. I don't think it took her anywhere near 16 minutes to get to Ron's house that evening.

As for the rest of your post, IIRC, I read somewhere (I'm not sure where), that the 911 call(s) lasted 6 minutes total. That would finish them at 3:33 am. Ron could call Teresa at 3:33. I doubt they stayed on the phone long - she would head right over like I imagine most people would do after receiving a phone call about a missing loved one.. Do you REALLY think she stopped to brush her hair - GMAB! She probably threw on the first thing she laid her hands on and headed out the door. As for grabbing a picture, most grandparents have framed pictures either on the wall or sitting on a table top. Takes half a second to grab one on the way out the door. No time at all. I doubt it took Teresa more than 2 minutes to get ready and be out the door - IMO.

Whisperer
07-27-2009, 01:17 AM
Yep, the first thing she thought of was her sweater with the sheriff emblem.

If you think about it, Ron was able to call his mom (teresa) and let her know what is going on but not able to talk to dispatch or LE when they arrive. Now, if he didn't talk to his mom about what happened, LE certainly did. How much time do you think that took?

Still don't buy the speeding momma and inaccuracy of mapquest, nice try though.

Most people under the circumstance of minutes or seconds of their childl missing would be outside knocking on doors and screaming her name....not calling mama or anyone at such a critical time.

Let's move it up to 3:33. There is no time allowed for assessment before she called Crystal. She had to inform LE about the custody issue, etc. They questioned her. Yet she still had time to call and ask Crystal if she took the child all by 3:49....nope, not enough time.

3:33 to 3:49....includes notification, getting out of be, dressed, driving time, assessment of situation, talking to LE and calling Crystal...NOPE..no way.

Busylady
07-27-2009, 04:14 AM
RC called TN while Misty was on 911 call it sounds like

TERESA NEVES, HALEIGH CUMMINGS PATERNAL GRANDMOTHER: He called me.

VAN SUSTEREN: About what time did he call you?

NEVES: He called me 3:27, 3:28.

VAN SUSTEREN: So right after the 911 call? Right before?

NEVES: I believe that she was on with 911 when he called me.

911 CALL: (INAUDIBLE)

NEVES: He was in a panic.

911 CALL - RONALD CUMMINGS, HALEIGH CUMMINGS’ FATHER: I just got home from work. My five-year-old daughter is gone. I need somebody to be here now.

NEVES: And I thought, I am in my nightgown, and I am throwing me jeans on and going out of the door, and I thought that she is probably hiding under the bed or something.

VAN SUSTEREN: How far do you live from here?

NEVES: I live about somewhere between 12 and 15 miles.

VAN SUSTEREN: So did you hightail it over here?

NEVES: It took me about five minutes.

VAN SUSTEREN: So you did move fast.

NEVES: I was well over the speed limit, that's for sure. But I just thought if they got behind me, there would be more people here when we got here.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,502766,00.html

Busylady
07-27-2009, 04:17 AM
Timeline works perfect IMO

called at 3:30 roughly - RC tells her Haleigh is gone she throws on clothes, drives about 12-15 miles and arrives there between 3:40 and 3:49. I would think LE would mention where is the mom and has she been contacted pretty quickly - TN contacts here confirms she doesnt have Haleigh. This is one of the things IMO that is pretty clear cut and makes perfect sense with regards to the timeline.

SeriouslySearching
07-27-2009, 05:09 AM
After reading the police report again, it does not mention Crystal arriving during the six hour Investigative Time listed. It doesn't give a time for Teresa's arrival, but it is noted it was some time after he arrived and had talked to Ronald then Misty. The report mentions Teresa's conversation with the officer turned to Crystal.

She evidently told the officer her phone number, address, and some information which turned out was incorrect (age, birthdate, work status). Things Teresa would not know off the top of her head, imo. The officer didn't mention Teresa saying she had already called Crystal, but it probably is an omission on his part. (There were several mistakes in the police report.)

debs
07-27-2009, 11:52 AM

Do you have link stating that Crystal is in "daily" contact with LE? Thanks.

I agree, no matter how many differing opinions we all have, HaLeigh has touched everyone's hearts and we all want her found.

Atherella, it clearly says in Robbie's post to "stay on the LE in Putnam county daily" It doesn't say "continue" which would imply there is a pattern of daily contact. I read it as an imperative from Robbie to Crystal to make daily contact. If you want to read it as maintain and then question that, so be it. I wonder why you'd parse it down so short, though. I think making daily contact would be a good idea. Crystal, please make daily contact.

After reading the police report again, it does not mention Crystal arriving during the six hour Investigative Time listed. It doesn't give a time for Teresa's arrival, but it is noted it was some time after he arrived and had talked to Ronald then Misty. The report mentions Teresa's conversation with the officer turned to Crystal.

She evidently told the officer her phone number, address, and some information which turned out was incorrect (age, birthdate, work status). Things Teresa would not know off the top of her head, imo. The officer didn't mention Teresa saying she had already called Crystal, but it probably is an omission on his part. (There were several mistakes in the police report.)

THIS officer's report makes no statement of time of arrival for Crystal. I have seen no other police reports, have you? It would seem logical that, when she arrives, she is questioned by the first officer she encounters, which would have been out there on Buffalo Bluff Road, since they'd blocked off the entrance to the Park. Since it is mentioned on THIS officer's sheet that Crystal is a respondent, I feel comfortable making a logical conclusion that within the time THIS officer arrived on scene and the 6 hour period people use to focus on with regard to this report, Crystal was there and recognized has having added her name to the complaint as parent of a missing child, but not specifically to this particular officer.

Since THIS report is the only one we have all seen and oft discussed, basing Crystal's arrival time on it is erroneous. Awaiting other reports from officers involved in this early part of the investigation which will clear up matters for all.

TxLady2
07-27-2009, 01:25 PM

Yes, and I think the rumor that Crystal didn't arrive until 11:00 has been debunked a number of times as well. Too bad some still cling to that as fact and use it to "prove" Crystal was somehow responsible for Haleigh's kidnapping. Unbelievable!

SeriouslySearching
07-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Well...all I can say is if she did indeed arrive within that six hours and her name was added to the report as you suggest then it would mean she lied about her age, her birthdate, and her employment status to the officer she encountered. Frankly, this is more disturbing to me than her not being there.

SeriouslySearching
07-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes, and I think the rumor that Crystal didn't arrive until 11:00 has been debunked a number of times as well. Too bad some still cling to that as fact and use it to "prove" Crystal was somehow responsible for Haleigh's kidnapping. Unbelievable!The reporter's statement of "midmorning" as the time of her arrival has not been debunked.

Busylady
07-27-2009, 01:32 PM
IMO it is very obvious the info on the police report about Crystal did not come from Crystal. Media states she arrived mid morning as well as several locals.

Well...all I can say is if she did indeed arrive within that six hours and her name was added to the report as you suggest then it would mean she lied about her age, her birthdate, and her employment status to the officer she encountered. Frankly, this is more disturbing to me than her not being there.

texasmommy39
07-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Atherella, it clearly says in Robbie's post to "stay on the LE in Putnam county daily" It doesn't say "continue" which would imply there is a pattern of daily contact. I read it as an imperative from Robbie to Crystal to make daily contact. If you want to read it as maintain and then question that, so be it. I wonder why you'd parse it down so short, though. I think making daily contact would be a good idea. Crystal, please make daily contact.

THIS officer's report makes no statement of time of arrival for Crystal. I have seen no other police reports, have you? It would seem logical that, when she arrives, she is questioned by the first officer she encounters, which would have been out there on Buffalo Bluff Road, since they'd blocked off the entrance to the Park. Since it is mentioned on THIS officer's sheet that Crystal is a respondent, I feel comfortable making a logical conclusion that within the time THIS officer arrived on scene and the 6 hour period people use to focus on with regard to this report, Crystal was there and recognized has having added her name to the complaint as parent of a missing child, but not specifically to this particular officer.

Since THIS report is the only one we have all seen and oft discussed, basing Crystal's arrival time on it is erroneous. Awaiting other reports from officers involved in this early part of the investigation which will clear up matters for all.
BBM
If that was the case she gave them a wrong birth date and told them she didn't know she had a job? IMO Crystal and her action, reactions and nonactions will be revealed when the time is right along with this families timeline of all their activities before, during and after HaLeighs abduction.

The chance a vagrant stranger (that did not know HaLeigh?) broke in with no forced entry, knew to block that screen door and was unconcerned with being caught in the act or the crime being discovered before they got a chance to get away, by leaving the kitchen light on, door open and screen propped. The fact that the Cummings family had only been living in that MH on that semi secluded road for a month and Ron had only been on the night shift for two weeks makes it hard to believe that some stranger commited this crime.
It makes more sence to me that someone thought to take advantage of these paticular facts. But how would someone be aware of all those changes and the circumstances in the home that would allow them this oppertunity? That 3 day bender or the week before parting with two faced friends maybe?
It was brought to our attention that Crystal lived in this area before and had family and friends in Satsuma.

lil momma
07-27-2009, 02:18 PM
i have been giving this CS arrival time some thought.... i just have one question. In the state of Fl there is a "process" when it comes to child support, and i believe that she was served with papers to go to court on that issue, just prior to HC missing. In terms of enforcement, the last step on enforcement actions would be to serve a writ of bodily attachment. they have to go through D/L suspensions, irs intercept, wage garnishment (if applies, i know it doesn't in this case)etc.

If i am to believe that the papers she received that day, were about her being held in contempt of court, then i am going to assume that her D/L was already suspended. (at the time that HC went missing) Could this be why she couldn't just get up and go to Satsuma, she may have had to wait for someone to be available to take her.

Here is a link to Florida and how the child support system works down here. (or doesn't work down here, however you want to see it)

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/childsupport/enforcement.html

Busylady
07-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Per Baker County records, here license had been suspended but nothing to do with not paying child support. Her license was reinstated in 11/08
http://www.bakercountyfl.org/clerk/

In addition, we know Crystal was driving once she was in Satsuma because there were media reports with regards to the accident she had.

i have been giving this CS arrival time some thought.... i just have one question. In the state of Fl there is a "process" when it comes to child support, and i believe that she was served with papers to go to court on that issue, just prior to HC missing. In terms of enforcement, the last step on enforcement actions would be to serve a writ of bodily attachment. they have to go through D/L suspensions, irs intercept, wage garnishment (if applies, i know it doesn't in this case)etc.

If i am to believe that the papers she received that day, were about her being held in contempt of court, then i am going to assume that her D/L was already suspended. (at the time that HC went missing) Could this be why she couldn't just get up and go to Satsuma, she may have had to wait for someone to be available to take her.

Here is a link to Florida and how the child support system works down here. (or doesn't work down here, however you want to see it)

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/childsupport/enforcement.html

texasmommy39
07-27-2009, 04:05 PM
lil moma it still does not explain why she did not call her father till 5am and then she states she asked him if it was a prank. IMO I can not see a valid excuse for her delay. The fact it took her OVER 7hr with only a 2hr drive leaves 5 hrs.

Maybe this will help clarify my understanding of Crystals response time to Satsuma.
3:45 am Marie or Crystal recieve call from TN

During this 1hr and 15 min she did nothing?
She did not believe TN and still waits 1hr.15 min to act and call her father Jonny Sheffield who lives near Ron to ask him if it was a prank?These reeks to high heaven.
5:00 am Crystal calls JS
10:30-11:00 am Crystal and Marie arrive in Satsuma.
First I have to ask what mother gives an excuse to not of been on her way by 3:50? New baby and no drivers license or not I would of been out that door on my way to Satsuma. I have not forgoten the unmentioned seizure that Crystal suffered before HaLeighs abduction ,but, there is no documented hospital visit so who can say it is the truth or not at this point. I know there has been 2 seizures since HaLeigh was abducted.. In my opinion there was at least 4 adults to work out the details and enable Crystal to get to Satsuma. The drive time at 3:50 am would of been ideal and would of confirmed the circumstances for Marie to return and help with children and find a replacement that morning. Where was Marie's husband and Crystals stepbrother boyfriend? Do they not help when there is a crisis within this family? My understanding is this step grandparent and stepbrother/boyfriend have known HaLeigh all her little life.

Second of all, does one show up to work on a morning such as this or do you just call a supervisor and tell them your grandchild/stepchild is missing from her bed since 3:oo am and police are still looking for her and you are on your way to Satsuma or are needed to stay with your children so that the mother can be on her way to Satsuma.

lil momma
07-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Per Baker County records, here license had been suspended but nothing to do with not paying child support. Her license was reinstated in 11/08
http://www.bakercountyfl.org/clerk/

In addition, we know Crystal was driving once she was in Satsuma because there were media reports with regards to the accident she had.

Thanks Busy! So, the courts must have been in the beginning stages of enforcement with child support. (i am just double checking some things, so i can cross out some of my theories.

Thanks again :)

Whisperer
07-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Where do you get your info that Crystal got there after the police report? What is mid-morning. I thought mid-morning is about 9:30 am.

An incident report is based on what is happening at the scene of the crime.

Why this subject of CS and her arrival time keeps eating away at some is perplexing.

Would you be able to drive yourself and an infant, under the pressure that your other child could be dead? Very high expectations. Didn't she have other children in the home also? Getting an infant and arranging child care for the other children is not done in a minute. The report says she was there and apparently interviewed. At the time, they didn't care about where she worked.

Place some of your questions on how in the world TN got into the crime scene and arrived in minutes dressed, interviewed and orgainized with pic in hand because SHE knew her grandchild was gone. Here is where suspicion lies.....good grief!

Crystal got there later than you like. TN got there much earlier than possible if she wasn't called till after the 911 call. It is highly likely and very suspicious that she was there by 3:49 and had already been interviewed and is now calling CS.

You might considering analyzing TN's time line instead...at least we have actual time to compare notes.

cajun
07-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Sarah lived there also and I believe she took care of Chloe for a couple of days before Sarah came to Satsuma. Chad was home so he could have watched his kids also,we know he was home the day of the 10th because he was on myspace during the day. So childcare would be not a problem.

Teresa lived like 15 miles down the road. I could have been dressed and out of the door and there within 15 minutes, no problem. She arrived AFTER the police, so no problem there either. Ron probably called his mom while Misty was on the phone with 911. I would have done the same thing because I would need my family to be with me at this horrific time in my life.

Whisperer
07-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Time does not compute...sorry. TN may be fast but she doesn't sport any wings!

Wanting mom there is one thing. This man had just heard his child is missing. LE is the first you call, then you start screaming out her name and going to neighbors...

Reaching out for love and hugs at the moment you hear Daughter is gone is not the normal reaction. Getting up off the ground and searching is. The LE are there to assist but till they arrive you are looking for your child. Tearing the house apart is what he said he was doing when the call was being made. Let's say this was happening during the call because we can hear him banging doors. At some point he hit the door with his fist and he then went outside and stood or sat in the driveway, crying....This had to be after 9:33. TN arrived and was interviewed and placed a call by 3:49...

cajun
07-27-2009, 05:27 PM
"Reaching out for love and hugs at the moment you hear Daughter is gone is not the normal reaction"

Who are you to say what is normal and what's not. I would have been on the phone to my family and I'd say that is very normal, you can walk around with cell phones you know. I wouldn't have waited over an hour to call the grandparents of my child, either.

mysticrose
07-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Boy I get so perplexed by all the bashing of both sides of Haleighs family..(sigh).
Did anyone stop and think that perhaps Crystal may have been on the phone with LE and perhaps other people of the nature and that helped cause a delay in her getting there?
We do not know what went on and to sit here and say that you would be out the door 5 mins after the call is well..how would you know? Really ! Especially if you have other children you are trying to find care for and so forth, would you drag them down there with you to all the drama or try and find a sitter?
Perhaps she did think it was a prank at first, why is that so hard to believe? None of us here have dated or had children with Ron ! Apparently she did not trust them enough to even question a situation like this..!:confused:
I do not know what happened and I am sure not making any excuse for anyone, but to sit here and say she is a horrible mom so forth and so on when we dont know and only can assume is getting old, just as it is old to bash Ron and his family.

Flossie JMO
07-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Crystal realized it was not a prank while on the phone with TN.

sleepingheart
07-27-2009, 05:57 PM

I'm not on anyone's side. You mentioned in Ron's thread about Crystal not arriving till hours later; since I did not want to get into trouble for discussing Crystal in Ron's thread, I came over to this thread to find out about it because, if this is true, it is a red flag for me too. I asked you because, since you mentioned it, I thought you'd readily have a link available or something.....Sorry. Like I said before, I've been reading in here some, but am still "new" and have not found everything. I was not aware that this brought out any 'ugliness' or "bias" and if I had been would not have asked. Again, sorry, I will see if I can find it. Thank you & God bless!

mysticrose
07-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Crystal realized it was not a prank while on the phone with TN.

Wasn't there two versions of her response to the call ? I believe they contradict each other as does much of this case...:confused:

Flossie JMO
07-27-2009, 06:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. This is the one I meant

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/12/ng.01.html

RACE: How did you learn she was gone?

SHEFFIELD: Ronald`s mother, Teresa Nieves (ph), called me at 3:49 AM in the morning and told me that Haleigh was gone.

GRACE: And what did you do?

SHEFFIELD: At first, I thought it was a prank, kind of. And then she was, like, The police are there, and I heard them in the background and then it hit me that it was not a prank.

GRACE: OK. Now, what time did you say they called you?

SHEFFIELD: It was 3:49 AM.

GRACE: And who called you?

Wasn't there two versions of her response to the call ? I believe they contradict each other as does much of this case...:confused:

sleepingheart
07-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Also, from what I've found(I'm still looking), the reason why Crystal & her family didn't arrive till later on is because of their responsibilities.....you know like other children, Marie's job, etc. What were they supposed to do? As we've seen in so many cases, life must go on. The fact that the Sheffield/Griffis family actually took the time out to make neccessary arrangements for their childcare & jobs is one of the reasons that Marie(as far as I know)is still employed, or not "let go" as Ron was & the reason that no "abductions" have happened on their watch.......and one thing that separates them for Ron. All MOO, of course.

mysticrose
07-27-2009, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. This is the one I meant

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/12/ng.01.html

RACE: How did you learn she was gone?

SHEFFIELD: Ronald`s mother, Teresa Nieves (ph), called me at 3:49 AM in the morning and told me that Haleigh was gone.

GRACE: And what did you do?

SHEFFIELD: At first, I thought it was a prank, kind of. And then she was, like, The police are there, and I heard them in the background and then it hit me that it was not a prank.

GRACE: OK. Now, what time did you say they called you?

SHEFFIELD: It was 3:49 AM.

GRACE: And who called you?

Thank you..:)

texasmommy39
07-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Boy I get so perplexed by all the bashing of both sides of Haleighs family..(sigh).
Did anyone stop and think that perhaps Crystal may have been on the phone with LE and perhaps other people of the nature and that helped cause a delay in her getting there?
We do not know what went on and to sit here and say that you would be out the door 5 mins after the call is well..how would you know? Really ! Especially if you have other children you are trying to find care for and so forth, would you drag them down there with you to all the drama or try and find a sitter?
Perhaps she did think it was a prank at first, why is that so hard to believe? None of us here have dated or had children with Ron ! Apparently she did not trust them enough to even question a situation like this..!:confused:
I do not know what happened and I am sure not making any excuse for anyone, but to sit here and say she is a horrible mom so forth and so on when we dont know and only can assume is getting old, just as it is old to bash Ron and his family.

IMO If all can not be looked at (As we have done Ron, Misty, such as timelines, alibis, credibility and associates, family and freinds than I do not believe anybody is going to get any further on this matter here or anywhere on the internet until an arrest is made.

mysticrose
07-27-2009, 06:13 PM
IMO If all can not be looked at (As we have done Ron, Misty, such as timelines, alibis, credibility and associates, family and freinds than I do not believe anybody is going to get any further on this matter here or anywhere on the internet until an arrest is made.

I agree that "ALL" need to be looked at just not bashed, there is a big difference between the two..JMO of course

Inana
07-27-2009, 06:19 PM
On an early thread here on Websleuths, it was discussed that when Crystal got the phone call that Haleigh was missing, she called her mother to come with her. Teresa is a school bus driver and had children to pick up and deliver before she could leave. School around here starts at 8:00am, so if they arrived in Satsuma at 9:30am, they wasted no time once they were on the road.

What was Teresa to do? Leave the kids at the bus stops? Small towns don't have a pool of substitute school bus drivers. Teresa had an obligation and did the right thing. Haleigh has been gone 4 months now, so i don't think that Crystals arrival time could have made a difference. Nor should it now.

my own opinion

Inana
07-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Of course, I mean Marie Griffis, not Teresa. Sorry.

texasmommy39
07-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Sarah lived there also and I believe she took care of Chloe for a couple of days before Sarah came to Satsuma. Chad was home so he could have watched his kids also,we know he was home the day of the 10th because he was on myspace during the day. So childcare would be not a problem.

Teresa lived like 15 miles down the road. I could have been dressed and out of the door and there within 15 minutes, no problem. She arrived AFTER the police, so no problem there either. Ron probably called his mom while Misty was on the phone with 911. I would have done the same thing because I would need my family to be with me at this horrific time in my life.
BBM
Cajun, I am glad you brought that subject back up in regards to his timeline of actions the day HaLeigh came up missing. It is clear to me also that the excuse of someone staying with the children should not be a reason for a delay if Chad had been in the home at 3:45 am. Why would it take so long to work those terms out. Crystal sure did drive around often in Satsuma before that seizure and accident.

mysticrose
07-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Wasn't Crystal waiting for her mother to drive down with her. Perhaps as well she had talked w/ Ron on the phone and figured he had it under control at the moment and she could wait so her Mom could go with her? It may not be the decision most of would choose but we weren't there. I have family I can call at the drop of a hat here to watch my kids, and their employers would work with them to fill there place but they do not drive a bus.

Whisperer
07-27-2009, 06:40 PM
It is great that all of you know exactly what it entails to leave a home when your child could be dead and pack, then arrange for an infant and other children to be cared for. To make sure there if food for them while you are gone....and to arrange for someone to drive you because you may crash the vehicle if you are tired or stressed.

It appears that you are trying to convict Crystal on kidnapping or worse of her own daughter.

Maybe we should all take a break and try to find out what each family is doing to help find Haleigh. Maybe we could offer up services or assistance in the plight. Does RC have a website? I will go there after this post.

Flossie JMO
07-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Iirc Marie called her employer and they immediately told her another driver would do her route.

mysticrose
07-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Iirc Marie called her employer and they immediately told her another driver would do her route.

Thanks Flossie JMO...do you have a link or somewhere I can read that..it would help alot. I know I remember hearing that as well just not sure if it can be linked or if it is hearsay...TIA

Whisperer
07-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Very thoughtful posting..

WELCOME aboard...SleepingHeart!

Flossie JMO
07-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Welcome, I don't have one handy, will have to look for one. It only makes sense really imo, what Granny would go to work?

mysticrose
07-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Welcome, I don't have one handy, will have to look for one. It only makes sense really imo, what Granny would go to work?

I know..I was searching back through the threads to try and find a link to. Between the two of us will find it at some point...lol

Busylady
07-27-2009, 07:23 PM
We have analyzed TNs timeline based on the police report and interviews, and her timeline of arrival makes perfect sense that she was called while Misty was on the 911 call.

The info on the police report for Crystal is incomplete and incorrect for one thing. In addition I would think in the narrative Crystal arriving would of been mentioned had that been the case.

As of 11:30 broadcast Crystal still had not arrived, as they stated she was on her way from Baker County. It keeps popping up I think because Crystal has changed her story about what happened that morning, because most of us have a really tough time understanding why a parent would wait that many hours before showing up when their child is missing.

Chad did not come to Satsuma with Crystal he could of very easily watched children if need be.

Where do you get your info that Crystal got there after the police report? What is mid-morning. I thought mid-morning is about 9:30 am.

Why this subject of CS and her arrival time keeps eating away at some is perplexing.

Would you be able to drive yourself and an infant, under the pressure that your other child could be dead? Very high expectations. Didn't she have other children in the home also? Getting an infant and arranging child care for the other children is not done in a minute. The report says she was there and apparently interviewed. At the time, they didn't care about where she worked.

Place some of your questions on how in the world TN got into the crime scene and arrived in minutes dressed, interviewed and orgainized with pic in hand because SHE knew her grandchild was gone. Here is where suspicion lies.....good grief!

Crystal got there later than you like. TN got there much earlier than possible if she wasn't called till after the 911 call. It is highly likely and very suspicious that she was there by 3:49 and had already been interviewed and is now calling CS.

You might considering analyzing TN's time line instead...at least we have actual time to compare notes.

Busylady
07-27-2009, 07:29 PM
How do times not compute? She was called around 3:28-3:30 - she lives about 12-15 minutes away driving at a normal speed. She arrives between 3:41 and 3:49 - so arrival time (speeding of course) is between 11 - 18 minutes. I don't understand how this does not compute. I think LE would have TN call Crystal right away before they sat down for an interview. In the narrative it states she told them who Haleighs mom was, that RC had custody, and there was no custody dispute - that conversation would take a minute maybe.

Time does not compute...sorry. TN may be fast but she doesn't sport any wings!

Wanting mom there is one thing. This man had just heard his child is missing. LE is the first you call, then you start screaming out her name and going to neighbors...

Reaching out for love and hugs at the moment you hear Daughter is gone is not the normal reaction. Getting up off the ground and searching is. The LE are there to assist but till they arrive you are looking for your child. Tearing the house apart is what he said he was doing when the call was being made. Let's say this was happening during the call because we can hear him banging doors. At some point he hit the door with his fist and he then went outside and stood or sat in the driveway, crying....This had to be after 9:33. TN arrived and was interviewed and placed a call by 3:49...

Busylady
07-27-2009, 07:33 PM
She admitted she knew it was not a prank as she heard the police in the background of the 3:49 phone call. She may have well been on the phone with different people, Chad could watch the children, Marie is right next door yet she waits an hour to let her know? I am sorry but yes I know how I would respond and I would of been flying out that door running across to my moms and getting on the road ASAP. I am not saying she is a horrible mom, but it is one of the things that bothers me and what bothers me most about it is the changing stories about the events that took place that morning.

texasmommy39
07-27-2009, 07:37 PM
So we have the children easily cared for by Chad that was in the home at 3:45, right? Crystal realized while on the phone with TN she was not pranking so why would she say she waited to call Johnny Sheffield? Marie called her job before she had to be there in the early am and was cleared and a replacement was no problem. I would imagine that Crystal and Marie had a cell phone and could of placed and recieved any calls while in route. By the way, what time does a bus driver need to be at work?

Whisperer
07-27-2009, 07:38 PM
There was more than one inaccuracy on that report. If crystal were there and interviewed, she was most likely not at the home. TN came into the home...which should have not been allowed. I still say her wearing the sheriff sweater helped he with that one....but I digress.

Where was GGMA? Apparently others were around but not inside the home. She said she was there and even looked around...yet nothing on the report.

911 call placed at 3:27:

If you analyzed the time of the call with TN's arrival...they do not add up. I don't who discussed this, but somebody came to the wrong conclusion based on the timeline.
It is not possible that she arrived there in a few minutes unless she had wings and flew there.

Subtract time for information relay...surprise, getting dressed, gathering keys and going to car, driving there, assessing situation and interviewing with LE ....all before she called MG at 3:49.

TN and GGMA were already worried about something going on in that MH earlier that evening. GGMA says she arrived right after the 911 too, she was not mentioned either. most likely because she was parked and interviewed elsewhere.

mysticrose
07-27-2009, 07:40 PM
She admitted she knew it was not a prank as she heard the police in the background of the 3:49 phone call. She may have well been on the phone with different people, Chad could watch the children, Marie is right next door yet she waits an hour to let her know? I am sorry but yes I know how I would respond and I would of been flying out that door running across to my moms and getting on the road ASAP. I am not saying she is a horrible mom, but it is one of the things that bothers me and what bothers me most about it is the changing stories about the events that took place that morning.

bbm..

There seems to be the ever changing stories for a few people involved in this case...that bothers me as well.
We really don't know if Chad could have watched the kids, do we...

texasmommy39
07-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Somebody obviously did.

mysticrose
07-27-2009, 07:44 PM
I asked before..does any one have a link showing when Crystal arrived in Satsuma for sure? I know it was discussed downstairs when the RT was open by some locals but as far as media or LE do we have a link to show this..it would help alot..TIA

Busylady
07-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Marie states she got a replacement driver for her bus shortly after 5:00 am when Crystal notified her that Haleigh was missing.

On an early thread here on Websleuths, it was discussed that when Crystal got the phone call that Haleigh was missing, she called her mother to come with her. Teresa is a school bus driver and had children to pick up and deliver before she could leave. School around here starts at 8:00am, so if they arrived in Satsuma at 9:30am, they wasted no time once they were on the road.

What was Teresa to do? Leave the kids at the bus stops? Small towns don't have a pool of substitute school bus drivers. Teresa had an obligation and did the right thing. Haleigh has been gone 4 months now, so i don't think that Crystals arrival time could have made a difference. Nor should it now.

my own opinion

Whisperer
07-27-2009, 07:45 PM
You assume a lot but your first assumption is RC placing the call to mom during the 911 tape....What the heck! wasting precious time...calling his mother. Again, if he was clear enough to call and explain to her then he was clear enough to talk to LE which he didn't.

We hear him on the tape at 3:30 and he is not talking to momma.

You are not allowing for conversation or interviews or assessment of situation. It takes people a little time to take it in when someone receives a call such as this.

LE doesn't direct civilians to make the calls for them. There was obvious conversation between LE and TN which accounts for more time.

texasmommy39
07-27-2009, 07:47 PM
IMO we will not be able to find the answers to these questions at this point. No rumor thread to hash out the rumors to glean the truth.

cajun
07-27-2009, 07:49 PM

my own opinion

Marie said they found a replacement driver for her when she called work around 5 AM

mysticrose
07-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Do we know how long TN was on the phone with Crystal when TN called the first time?
And why didn't RON call her himself?

mysticrose
07-27-2009, 07:53 PM
So no link to when Crystal arrived? Ive been searching to no avail...:)

Whisperer
07-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Why didn't RC call Crystal?

Ron was incapacitated....in the report it says they got no information from RC. I guess the women had to fill in for him.

mysticrose
07-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Now, Now Whisperer....

texasmommy39
07-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Does anyone here tonight believe if this was a family member or friend they would Harm HaLeigh to get away with this crime?

texasmommy39
07-27-2009, 07:56 PM
I have not considerd it until today.

Whisperer
07-27-2009, 07:58 PM
complex question there..

atherella
07-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks Flossie JMO...do you have a link or somewhere I can read that..it would help alot. I know I remember hearing that as well just not sure if it can be linked or if it is hearsay...TIA

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?playerId=newsmaker&maven_playlistId=6d956fb18503371af2eeca8d1349a6209 a152994&maven_referrer=mrss&maven_referralPlaylistId=6d956fb18503371af2eeca8d1 349a6209a152994&maven_referralObject=1030087112

This is the video where Marie states that Crystal called her at 5 am. She then immediately called her supervisor who called her back within 5 minutes with a replacement bus driver.

Flossie JMO
07-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks for posting guys, I knew I saw the interview where they told her they would get a sub driver. We discussed it so long ago. I wouldn't really call it small Inana, they even have substitute on call janitors, drivers obviously would be MUCH more crucial imo.

Whisperer
07-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Haleigh was definitely harmed....
If they get away with it, is yet to be determined.

Flossie JMO
07-27-2009, 08:03 PM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?playerId=newsmaker&maven_playlistId=6d956fb18503371af2eeca8d1349a6209 a152994&maven_referrer=mrss&maven_referralPlaylistId=6d956fb18503371af2eeca8d1 349a6209a152994&maven_referralObject=1030087112

This is the video where Marie states that Crystal called her at 5 am. She then immediately called her supervisor who called her back within 5 minutes with a replacement bus driver.

Thanks so much for the link.

texasmommy39
07-27-2009, 08:04 PM
I am calling it a night yall.

SeriouslySearching
07-27-2009, 08:11 PM

You might considering analyzing TN's time line instead...at least we have actual time to compare notes.I get the information from the police report. It specified that Teresa arrived on the scene, but not Crystal at any time during the 6 hours. The information was filled out on Crystal, but was totally incorrect. The officer did get some information about Crystal from TN which was stated about her being the mother, location, and discussed no problem with the custody at the time.

WHERE in the police report does it say she arrived and was interviewed?!

I would have called my mom immediately and told my bf to get up to either watch my child/children or to get me to the scene A.S.A.P. if I was unable to drive (which I would not have given a second thought to and driven myself like a bat square out of hell). I would have been out the door in less than ten minutes. NOTHING could have prevented me from getting there in record time. NOTHING.

It has been explained where Teresa was and how long it took her to arrive. There is absolutely nothing suspicious about it. LE didn't appear to believe it was odd in any way or it would have been mentioned on the police report the exact time of her arrival. He said he had already spoken to Ronald and Misty when she arrived. It was not suspicious nor was it "too early or impossible". That is simply not true.

mysticrose
07-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Here is a good link about Crystal..

http://www.***********.blogspot.com/2009/02/crystal-sheffield-on-geraldo-rivera.html

Flossie JMO
07-27-2009, 08:35 PM
the link doesn't work mystic, and the stars mean we aren't allowed to post links to whatever spot it is

nomoresorrow
07-27-2009, 08:36 PM
How do times not compute? She was called around 3:28-3:30 - she lives about 12-15 minutes away driving at a normal speed. She arrives between 3:41 and 3:49 - so arrival time (speeding of course) is between 11 - 18 minutes. I don't understand how this does not compute. I think LE would have TN call Crystal right away before they sat down for an interview. In the narrative it states she told them who Haleighs mom was, that RC had custody, and there was no custody dispute - that conversation would take a minute maybe.

The time computing isn't the issue for me - I simply find it rather odd that Ronald called his mother that early on. He gets home at 3:27 am and is immediately met by Misty who informs him that Haleigh is missing/backdoor wide open . . .and he immediately calls his mother!? I could better understand him calling her - BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE - if he thought that his mother had possibly stopped over while Misty was asleep and might have taken Haleigh home to spend the night with her at her home but that has never been stated or claimed - obviously had that been the case TN's would certainly have left a visible note somewhere. I realize that everybody reacts differently upon learning that their child is missing but I still recall, nearly 24 years later, when I awoke very early one morning to find my son missing from his bed - After running around the house while calling out his name louder and louder as each room turned up nothing, I ran out the front door, still in my nightgown, yelling out his name. When I couldn't find him anywhere in the yard (in his sandbox, on the swingset or on one of his riding toys . . .) I ran down the road that we lived on still calling (more like screaming) out his name - Thank god I didn't have to run far when I saw a police officer walking toward me holding my son in his arms. (Sorry to those who have heard this story before) He had pushed a chair up to the front door and unlocked the deadbolt that we had installed high enough (so we thought) that a child couldn't reach it.
Based upon my own experience my first & natural reaction was to search throughout my home -every room, every closet, behind the couch, a chair . . . all while yelling out my son's name, then I moved to the outside perimeter and then to the street and down the road . . . IMO all of this occurs BEFORE your thoughts ever turn to, "OMG, somebody took my child!" and you start calling in family members . . .

We're all entitled to our opinions - opinions are just that, opinions. MOO

SeriouslySearching
07-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Does anyone here tonight believe if this was a family member or friend they would Harm HaLeigh to get away with this crime?Yes. I think they would.

mysticrose
07-27-2009, 08:47 PM
the link doesn't work mystic, and the stars mean we aren't allowed to post links to whatever spot it is

Sorry...lol. I left the computer to cook and did not notice it had the stars. I wonder why that one is blocked...interesting.
It was ********** take on the interview that Crystal did with Geraldo.

I havent seen that one before just one's with Ron and Misty...

lonetraveler
07-27-2009, 09:41 PM
--------
I'm willing to bet that Crystal knows Ron better than anyone else in the entire world, including his mama. There are most likely so many reasons that Crystal was hoping that this was just one more BS prank or controlling move the Ron was making just to pull her strings. I have not seen a single believable excuse or explanation on this thread or anyother thread to make me believe that Crystal had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance. Believe me, I've goggled everything on this subject and took the time to read every single one of them and I have come to the conclusion that I have not seen anything to justify why Crystal would ever even contemplate harming Haleigh. If anyone has anything to offer to "help" guide me to change my mind, please feel free to "help" me see the way.

Skully
07-27-2009, 10:23 PM
--------
I'm willing to bet that Crystal knows Ron better than anyone else in the entire world, including his mama. There are most likely so many reasons that Crystal was hoping that this was just one more BS prank or controlling move the Ron was making just to pull her strings. I have not seen a single believable excuse or explanation on this thread or anyother thread to make me believe that Crystal had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance. Believe me, I've goggled everything on this subject and took the time to read every single one of them and I have come to the conclusion that I have not seen anything to justify why Crystal would ever even contemplate harming Haleigh. If anyone has anything to offer to "help" guide me to change my mind, please feel free to "help" me see the way.

I agree 100% with you that Crystal would not do this, or hurt any of her children. But in all fairness, I don't see Ron giving her away, or getting Misty to cover up if he hurt her and she died later. I don't think he could "talk" her thought it. I could see him mad, and maybe spanking the kids, but not out right killing one of them as others seem to think. I also don't see TN or the GGM letting her die, or covering up an accident. These people loved this little girl. They may not have made the same decisions we may have made, but I truly think they loved her. With that said, I do think some one loved her so much, they would take her out of a situation that they thought to be bad. Now if this person did this, without the consent or knowledge of the parents or Grandparents thinking "well Crystal will get custody now", and she didn't, how do they bring her back? Or was that never the plan?

Flossie JMO
07-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Interesting post Bern, my mind is working in a sort of similar way

debs
07-27-2009, 10:35 PM

Well, I find it curious that though everyone insists that TN lives on Rita Lane, her address is listed in Lady Lake.....more than 2 hours away. Perhaps it's a summer home, that Rita Lane addy.

In the two hours it could take to get from Baker County to Ron's mobile home, They'd already done a search, started knocking on doors of neighbors, blocked the entrance to the Park in AND out, limiting access to the scene almost completely. Seems likely that Crystal, arriving at the Buffalo Bluffs entrance, stating she was the mom of the missing child, was pulled aside and was put to the rigors of initial interviews by an available officer. That officer would likely have called the one at the MH and said (THEORETICAL HAPPENING HERE) "Hey Bob (fictitious name), I have a woman here who claims to be the mother of the missing child. I'm gonna keep 'er down here and start the questioning. Just giving you a heads up." "OKAY, thanks!" says Bob, who makes a notation on his own sheet of who's who. Then he asks around to the people he already has to deal with for whatever information they can give him on Crystal. Seems so simple. Whatever wrong information written on THIS officer's report has no bearing on the report of the officer in charge of questioning Crystal.

debs
07-27-2009, 10:47 PM

OR.......she was stopped at the entrance on Buffalo Bluffs, and the officer which began questioning her there could have called out to the officer at the MH to tell him he had the mom there and would question her. You have absolutely no knowledge of when she arrived and when she was questioned, nor do you have any proof that she arrived within the continued time frame you wish to promote. Her name is on the report YOU hold up as gospel. Therefore, it is JUST as likely that, having heard from a fellow officer that the mother had arrived, just to get his ducks in a row, THIS officer asked questions of the people HE was charged with talking to and got erroneous information.

END OF STORY. Without information, it is embarrassing to have to continue to point out that there is NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE WHICH STATES CONCLUSIVELY WHEN CRYSTAL ARRIVED.

kamky
07-27-2009, 10:48 PM
I agree 100% with you that Crystal would not do this, or hurt any of her children. But in all fairness, I don't see Ron giving her away, or getting Misty to cover up if he hurt her and she died later. I don't think he could "talk" her thought it. I could see him mad, and maybe spanking the kids, but not out right killing one of them as others seem to think. I also don't see TN or the GGM letting her die, or covering up an accident. These people loved this little girl. They may not have made the same decisions we may have made, but I truly think they loved her. With that said, I do think some one loved her so much, they would take her out of a situation that they thought to be bad. Now if this person did this, without the consent or knowledge of the parents or Grandparents thinking "well Crystal will get custody now", and she didn't, how do they bring her back? Or was that never the plan?
The plan may very likely have changed as time went on:

- If this person thought that Crystal would be the better parent and initially expected that this would help her gain custody, then now that Ron has retained custody, they could leave her in a safe place to be found. This assumes that they hid her in a place she couldn't accurately describe and with someone else so she can't identify the individual behind the plan.
- If this person didn't think either Crystal or Ron is an adequate parent, then they may decide that she is in a better situation with whoever is currently watching her - and not return her.
- If they didn't take precautions to make themselves unknown to Haleigh, then I don't think they have any choice but to keep her hidden - and not return her.

I hope she suddenly appears, or that LE manages to determine her location and find her, or that there is a slip-up and someone spots her. I think this is exactly why LE has remained so frustratingly silent on this whole situation. I think whoever is behind this is in a real awkward situation and is not going to say, "Oh well" and just send her back. But, time is really on the side of Haleigh being seen somewhere eventually and located.

lonetraveler
07-27-2009, 11:17 PM

---------------
That is an excellent question about how do they bring her back? I have often wondered if someone, whoever took Haleigh, underestimated the publicity that this case would bring. I would imagine it would be a shock to that someone that the entire country would be viewing this case on national tv and web sites would be discussing it 24/7. I hope if this mystery is ever solved, Haleigh did not have to pay for someone's ignorance.

lonetraveler
07-27-2009, 11:26 PM
-----------
Except for Crystal knowing Ron better than anyone else, I did not state that I thought Ron was responsible. I'm slowly going through anything I can find on this case that is fact and not assumptions nor rumors. I just wish someone would step up and tell me the secret that nails Crystal to the wall so that I can get the whole story. So far, I have not seen any explanations that point to Crystal's involvement in Haleigh's disappearance. I see plenty where she is guilty of not getting to the MH in a timely enough fashion, guilty of not ardently fighting for custody of the children, then she is guilty of fighting for custody of her children, guilty of having seizures, and other guilts that are covered by thousands of posts. I want to know what evidence there is to suspect this woman. That is all I'm asking for. I would like to examine anyone who could be suspected of this crime.........that includes grandparents of each parent, girlfriends and boyfriends or if some prefer, bride and groom to be, cousins, brothers, sisters, anybody...........any information that could piece together a motive.........

lonetraveler
07-27-2009, 11:29 PM
The plan may very likely have changed as time went on:

- If this person thought that Crystal would be the better parent and initially expected that this would help her gain custody, then now that Ron has retained custody, they could leave her in a safe place to be found. This assumes that they hid her in a place she couldn't accurately describe and with someone else so she can't identify the individual behind the plan.
- If this person didn't think either Crystal or Ron is an adequate parent, then they may decide that she is in a better situation with whoever is currently watching her - and not return her.
- If they didn't take precautions to make themselves unknown to Haleigh, then I don't think they have any choice but to keep her hidden - and not return her.

I hope she suddenly appears, or that LE manages to determine her location and find her, or that there is a slip-up and someone spots her. I think this is exactly why LE has remained so frustratingly silent on this whole situation. I think whoever is behind this is in a real awkward situation and is not going to say, "Oh well" and just send her back. But, time is really on the side of Haleigh being seen somewhere eventually and located.
---------
I certainly hope so.

Flossie JMO
07-27-2009, 11:35 PM
I don't know if I have seen people say they think Crystal is behind HaLeigh being taken. If you read the theory threads there are all kinds of posts on theories, ideas on motives etc that you may find helpful or interesting.

mommyofthreekidz5
07-28-2009, 12:04 AM
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/mommysthings/ao7m-1ac.jpg

Despite whether we all agree or not, SHE is the reason we are here. We've gone through months of this back and forth stuff and it does no good except cause drama. Its not fair to this beautiful little girl. IMO .

SeriouslySearching
07-28-2009, 12:57 AM
OR.......she was stopped at the entrance on Buffalo Bluffs, and the officer which began questioning her there could have called out to the officer at the MH to tell him he had the mom there and would question her. You have absolutely know knowledge of when she arrived and when she was questioned, nor do you have any proof that she arrived within the continued time frame you wish to promote. Her name is on the report YOU hold up as gospel. Therefore, it is JUST as likely that, having heard from a fellow officer that the mother had arrived, just to get his ducks in a row, THIS officer asked questions of the people HE was charged with talking to and got erroneous information.

END OF STORY. Without information, it is embarrassing to have to continue to point out that there is NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE WHICH STATES CONCLUSIVELY WHEN CRYSTAL ARRIVED.

There is also no logical manner in which a person with working gray cells could string any timeline of arrival with guilt of criminal behavior in the disappearance of this woman's child. As you view Ronald and his family as victims of a crime, so too do I view Haleigh's mother and her family as victims of a crime.It should embarrass Crystal that you have to continue to put out that information. She had ample opportunity while she was all over national television lying about Ronald to clear up where she was while everyone else was looking for Haleigh...but she did not. It should not have been an issue at all here. Crystal has not disclosed her whereabouts for the the hours after 3:49am until she did finally arrive in Satsuma or the time she arrived to help in any way to find her child. She is hiding it on purpose, but what is the reasoning behind it? Is she embarrassed because she didn't rush right there to help find her baby? Or is there another reason she is hiding when she arrived?

Does anyone believe that Crystal was stopped at the entrance and held there for questioning instead of being allowed in to the place her child was last seen?! Not a chance they would do that to a mother. They already had her name and address from Teresa so if she had an ID on her...they would have literally taken her to the mh. I do not see it happening at all the way this was laid out that she was there, being held back, and the officer put her name on the report because some other officer was talking to her. The reason her name was on the report was for contact information and had nothing to do with her being there, imo.

The logical conclusion I reached about Crystal not addressing the time of her arrival is she must have something to hide. Teresa had no problem explaining what she did and when she arrived as per the Greta transcript which Busy posted earlier.

Busylady
07-28-2009, 01:16 AM
My goal is not to help you change your mind or try and convince you to see things they way I see them. We all have different perspectives on things and thats what makes this site so wonderful. While I respect you don't see anything that makes you think Crystal had anything to do with it, I see things that knock me over that make me think the Sheffields are involved. To me motives and actions all point in that direction. You see things that make you think RC and Misty are involved, yet I don't see those things at all. I can see no motive or behavior that points to RC and Misty.

I have asked myself many times why I don't see the things so many of you see and the only thing I can come up with is from day one I told myself I was not going to base any of my thinking on rumors and I honestly believe rumors have clouded so many of peoples thoughts. You hear certain things enough you start confusing what is fact and what is rumor, and that is so apparent from reading these threads.

I keep thinking if people keep talking about things, keep looking at the facts for all players involved that some of the rumors that have taken on factual life of their own will disappear and maybe just maybe something will click for all of us and the truth can be uncovered regardless of who it points to.

--------

Busylady
07-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Actually if you go to whitepages.com it list the Rita address as well. The documents that people are sourcing for the Lady Lake address are 7 and 8 yrs old. TN told LE the Rita Ln address. I am sure LE has checked her phone records and know exactly where she was and when she got the call from RC regarding Haleigh missing. You have actually proven my point, a rumor has taken on a life of its own and clouded peoples thinking with regards to TN and her arrival time.

Well, I find it curious that though everyone insists that TN lives on Rita Lane, her address is listed in Lady Lake.....more than 2 hours away. Perhaps it's a summer home, that Rita Lane addy.

In the two hours it could take to get from Baker County to Ron's mobile home, They'd already done a search, started knocking on doors of neighbors, blocked the entrance to the Park in AND out, limiting access to the scene almost completely. Seems likely that Crystal, arriving at the Buffalo Bluffs entrance, stating she was the mom of the missing child, was pulled aside and was put to the rigors of initial interviews by an available officer. That officer would likely have called the one at the MH and said (THEORETICAL HAPPENING HERE) "Hey Bob (fictitious name), I have a woman here who claims to be the mother of the missing child. I'm gonna keep 'er down here and start the questioning. Just giving you a heads up." "OKAY, thanks!" says Bob, who makes a notation on his own sheet of who's who. Then he asks around to the people he already has to deal with for whatever information they can give him on Crystal. Seems so simple. Whatever wrong information written on THIS officer's report has no bearing on the report of the officer in charge of questioning Crystal.

debs
07-28-2009, 02:03 AM
It should embarrass Crystal that you have to continue to put out that information. She had ample opportunity while she was all over national television lying about Ronald to clear up where she was while everyone else was looking for Haleigh...but she did not. It should not have been an issue at all here. Crystal has not disclosed her whereabouts for the the hours after 3:49am until she did finally arrive in Satsuma or the time she arrived to help in any way to find her child. She is hiding it on purpose, but what is the reasoning behind it? Is she embarrassed because she didn't rush right there to help find her baby? Or is there another reason she is hiding when she arrived?

Does anyone believe that Crystal was stopped at the entrance and held there for questioning instead of being allowed in to the place her child was last seen?! Not a chance they would do that to a mother. They already had her name and address from Teresa so if she had an ID on her...they would have literally taken her to the mh. I do not see it happening at all the way this was laid out that she was there, being held back, and the officer put her name on the report because some other officer was talking to her. The reason her name was on the report was for contact information and had nothing to do with her being there, imo.

The logical conclusion I reached about Crystal not addressing the time of her arrival is she must have something to hide. Teresa had no problem explaining what she did and when she arrived as per the Greta transcript which Busy posted earlier.

I do nothing for Crystal, never having met her, talked to her, or associated with her. This is MY thought, my intuition, my deductive reasoning. But she owes nothing to the blogosphere to clear up her timeline. It is only fodder for YOUR perspective. There are plenty of people who have questions, but whose questions don't hinge on a timeline of when did Crystal arrive.

As far as Crystal's whereabouts after 3:49 a.m., exactly how does that weigh into Haleigh's disappearance, reported at 3:27? Obviously she couldn't have been in Satsuma snatching her daughter, since you've well presented at most a 2 hour drive to get there.

You claim a purposefulness in hiding a time when she got there; decry a logical and reasonable notion for delay. You do not present a timeline. You've nothing to back up your assertion that Crystal Sheffield arrived in Satsuma in any time that would make your continued assault on her love for Haleigh legitimate.

I BELIEVE CRYSTAL WAS STOPPED at the entrance. No one was allowed in or out. You yourself have asserted that, down in the RT. Point to me exactly when the police report says that TN stated that she was the information consultant on Crystal.

TN's arrival has been well disseminated by Whisperer, and I'll leave that there.

nomoresorrow
07-28-2009, 02:46 AM
LE didn't then and hasn't yet ever stated, publicly or otherwise, that they had an issue with Crystal's arrival time in Satsuma unlike their statements regarding the inconsistancies in Misty's timeline account, even using the term "key" to the investigation therefore Crystal didn't need to clear anything up BUT I still struggle with trying to understand why Misty, when given ample opportunity on the Today show by Meredith V, didn't clear up the inconsistancies that LE repeatedly stated where "key" to the investigation & finding Haleigh. IMO that would be a reasonable expectation . . .

MOO

DotsEyes
07-28-2009, 03:05 AM
I thought that Crystal went to the police department before the tent city. The reporter was at tent city, so how would he know whether Crystal had arrived in Satsuma or not? I thought it was later determined that she arrived at mid-morning and then later at 9:30am.

It was still 4 1/2 hours after MG was called, but who knows what arrangements had to be made with kids, packing, etc. For all we know the poor girl could have had a seizure.

SeriouslySearching
07-28-2009, 03:18 AM
I do nothing for Crystal, never having met her, talked to her, or associated with her. This is MY thought, my intuition, my deductive reasoning. But she owes nothing to the blogosphere to clear up her timeline. It is only fodder for YOUR perspective. There are plenty of people who have questions, but whose questions don't hinge on a timeline of when did Crystal arrive.

As far as Crystal's whereabouts after 3:49 a.m., exactly how does that weigh into Haleigh's disappearance, reported at 3:27? Obviously she couldn't have been in Satsuma snatching her daughter, since you've well presented at most a 2 hour drive to get there.

You claim a purposefulness in hiding a time when she got there; decry a logical and reasonable notion for delay. You do not present a timeline. You've nothing to back up your assertion that Crystal Sheffield arrived in Satsuma in any time that would make your continued assault on her love for Haleigh legitimate.

I BELIEVE CRYSTAL WAS STOPPED at the entrance. No one was allowed in or out. You yourself have asserted that, down in the RT. Point to me exactly when the police report says that TN stated that she was the information consultant on Crystal.

TN's arrival has been well disseminated by Whisperer, and I'll leave that there.I don't have a handful of posts in the RT, IIRC. I don't remember stating that no one was allowed in or out of the mh park...but I could have said that. Still, they would not prevent the mother from going where the rest of the family was located inside the park unless they had good reason to believe she was involved in some way.

Her delay was not reasonable when she had a child missing, imo. There is no question she should have been there 2 hours after she received the call which would mean by 6:00am at the latest. She did not even call her mother and father until 5:00am so we know it wasn't possible she could have arrived before at least 7:00am. That is already wasting two hours she could have been out searching while her child was suffering the worst experience of her young life.

I do not know a mother who would not rush to be there in case her daughter was found to comfort her. I do not know a mother who would want to be anywhere else except the place her daughter was last seen! So I certainly do question her dedication and devotion to Haleigh. She had already proven she wasn't willing to sacrifice for Haleigh and Rj when she refused to pay child support. Show me the love!!

No one has shown me that TN's arrival has proven to be anything except normal. She jumped up and bolted as fast as she could to find Haleigh!! Now...THAT is what a mother does, IMO!!

SeriouslySearching
07-28-2009, 03:23 AM
I thought that Crystal went to the police department before the tent city. The reporter was at tent city, so how would he know whether Crystal had arrived in Satsuma or not? I thought it was later determined that she arrived at mid-morning and then later at 9:30am.

It was still 4 1/2 hours after MG was called, but who knows what arrangements had to be made with kids, packing, etc. For all we know the poor girl could have had a seizure.That was a rumor and never substantiated, IIRC.

She had a live-in bf to watch the baby. Packing would take less than 10 minutes. No seizures were reported from that morning.

The point is that Crystal was in no hurry to get to the scene. It is suspicious, imo. Is it possible she knew why Haleigh was missing and the reason she didn't rush was because to her there was no urgency? Is it possible she waited to get a phone call from someone saying they had Haleigh out of the state?

Busylady
07-28-2009, 03:24 AM
Based on Crystals statements about arriving, I don't believe she went to the police station first. I would think the media would of been very in tune to when the mother of a missing child arrived at the scene. So until we get more info I have to base my timeline with regards to Crystal on her own statements and the media report stating she was still on her way. I am sure Crystal had phone contact with someone during this 6 -7 hour delay maybe giving her updates so she felt no sense of urgency to arrive in Satsuma. JMO

It was still 4 1/2 hours after MG was called, but who knows what arrangements had to be made with kids, packing, etc. For all we know the poor girl could have had a seizure.

Bobbisangel
07-28-2009, 03:30 AM
Does anyone here tonight believe if this was a family member or friend they would Harm HaLeigh to get away with this crime?

I think a family member has Haleigh and no, I don't think she has been harmed. I think she was abducted by someone close to family members and is being well taken care of. I'm just waiting for Crystal to go back home. I hope we can keep track of her and her stepbrother/boyfriend after she goes home which she will have to do one of these days if she hasn't already.

I also believe that she thought she would get custody of RJ as she had a hotshot attorney, etc. It didn't happen though. She didn't ask for custody of Haleigh though. How did she know that Haleigh wouldn't be coming back home any moment and wonder why RJ was living with their mom and she wasn't going to be living with her? I think she knew that Haleigh wouldn't be coming home. She was hoping to get custody of RJ and she already has Haleigh...in my opinion. I think the boyfriend/stepbrother picked Haleigh up and took her where she won't be seen for a while. I think we will see Crystal and her man move far away after Crystal goes back home. This is all my opinion of course.

Just wanted to add...take note of how fast Haleigh disappeared from the headlines once Crystal went for custody of RJ. Nothing like taking the focus off Haleigh even though she was still missing and putting the focus all on herself, the attorney, and RJ.

SeriouslySearching
07-28-2009, 03:42 AM
I think a family member has Haleigh and no, I don't think she has been harmed. I think she was abducted by someone close to family members and is being well taken care of. I'm just waiting for Crystal to go back home. I hope we can keep track of her and her stepbrother/boyfriend after she goes home which she will have to do one of these days if she hasn't already.

I also believe that she thought she would get custody of RJ as she had a hotshot attorney, etc. It didn't happen though. She didn't ask for custody of Haleigh though. How did she know that Haleigh wouldn't be coming back home any moment and wonder why RJ was living with their mom and she wasn't going to be living with her? I think she knew that Haleigh wouldn't be coming home. She was hoping to get custody of RJ and she already has Haleigh...in my opinion. I think the boyfriend/stepbrother picked Haleigh up and took her where she won't be seen for a while. I think we will see Crystal and her man move far away after Crystal goes back home. This is all my opinion of course.

Just wanted to add...take note of how fast Haleigh disappeared from the headlines once Crystal went for custody of RJ. Nothing like taking the focus off Haleigh even though she was still missing and putting the focus all on herself, the attorney, and RJ.She didn't ask for custody of either one technically. What Crystal and KP did do was to start a smear campaign against Ronald and Misty in an effort to have Rj taken away from them. It backfired miserably. :P

It appears she isn't going to fight for custody of the children since she fired her lawyer. Maybe she has realized it would be an extra burden on her to have 3 children and no job. Chad has not stepped up to the plate to help her financially with Haleigh and Rj. He hardly went to Satsuma to help find Haleigh, imo.

I hope you are right and Haleigh was taken by him so they could all move somewhere far away. At least it would mean she was still alive and not going through some horrific torture at the hands of a sexual deviant.

Whisperer
07-28-2009, 03:54 AM
To all the posters here who believe Haleigh is safe and Crystal arranged for this to happen and she will appear at some time in the future and live happily ever after, I want to know whatever it is that makes you think this way...

How many child abductions have had the story line you describe?

Whisperer
07-28-2009, 03:56 AM
<<Maybe she has realized it would be an extra burden on her to have 3 children and no job. >>

SS..this statement goes both ways.

SeriouslySearching
07-28-2009, 04:00 AM
To all the posters here who believe Haleigh is safe and Crystal arranged for this to happen and she will appear at some time in the future and live happily ever after, I want to know whatever it is that makes you think this way...

How many child abductions have had the story line you describe?How many missing children are there? How would we know their "storyline" unless the people responsible for arranging such a scenario had been captured, arrested, and convicted with the child returned? There could be many, many children still out there with people who have abducted them to get them away from another parent. There is no way to calculate the numbers.

SeriouslySearching
07-28-2009, 04:01 AM
<<Maybe she has realized it would be an extra burden on her to have 3 children and no job. >>

SS..this statement goes both ways.Crystal is the only parent who did not work for a living. So how can it go both ways?! :confused: Ronald had a job at the time of Haleigh's disappearance and without her help...had supported both children for years.

PorcineGranny
07-28-2009, 04:15 AM
I personally think Haleigh is in heaven and her mother Chrystal had nothing to do with it. It seems obvious to me, and I could be wrong and I'm basing this on my personal criminal experience and observation, is that Ron and Misty have full knowledge of where Haleigh is and what happened. Their responses and actions just scream guilty. I accepted that Haleigh was dead when I learned of his slogan on his truck "only God can judge me" and the tattoos. I've watched the videos and read countless blogs. I think children's services in Florida should be very ashamed of leaving Jr. in the custody of Ron and Misty. Ron is incapable of loving anyone but himself and one day Misty will learn this the hard way. These of course are my opinions only.

Whisperer
07-28-2009, 04:27 AM
Porcine...I agree with your observations. I have spent much time in the system. It really does scream "foul"....and LE knows it!

nomoresorrow
07-28-2009, 04:38 AM
>snipped by me<

Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
No one has shown me that TN's arrival has proven to be anything except normal. She jumped up and bolted as fast as she could to find Haleigh!! Now...THAT is what a mother does, IMO!!

ITA! I'm not claiming that TN's timely arrival at Ron's home is a reflection on her - IMO it's a reflection on Ronald that he would call her that quickly - he had just arrived home from work and had just learned that Haleigh wasn't in her bed - certainly not enough time to go outside, call out Haleigh's name while searching the grounds or to check inside the vehicle that was in the driveway that night - Instead his immediate thought is that someone took her. Yeah, I find that very suspicious.
I do not find TN's 'drivin like a bat out of hell' to get there anything other than what any loving Grandma would do in this situation.

MOO

SeriouslySearching
07-28-2009, 04:43 AM
>snipped by me<
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching

ITA! I'm not claiming that TN's timely arrival at Ron's home is a reflection on her - IMO it's a reflection on Ronald that he would call her that quickly - he had just arrived home from work and had just learned that Haleigh wasn't in her bed - certainly not enough time to go outside, call out Haleigh's name while searching the grounds or to check inside the vehicle that was in the driveway that night - Instead his immediate thought is that someone took her. Yeah, I find that very suspicious.
I do not find TN's 'drivin like a bat out of hell' to get there anything other than what any loving Grandma would do in this situation.

MOOIf I came home to find my daughter not in her bed in the middle of the night and the backdoor left open...my first thought would be someone had taken her, too! He had Misty to verify she was gone. I would have called my mom immediately to come and then called 911. There is nothing suspicious about any of that to me at all.

The only reactions which are suspicious to me are from the Sheffield/Griffis clan.

mommyofthreekidz5
07-28-2009, 04:52 AM
It is great that all of you know exactly what it entails to leave a home when your child could be dead and pack, then arrange for an infant and other children to be cared for. To make sure there if food for them while you are gone....and to arrange for someone to drive you because you may crash the vehicle if you are tired or stressed.

It appears that you are trying to convict Crystal on kidnapping or worse of her own daughter.

Maybe we should all take a break and try to find out what each family is doing to help find Haleigh. Maybe we could offer up services or assistance in the plight. Does RC have a website? I will go there after this post.

Well..it appears Ron has already been tried, convicted and banished. Nice feeling, huh .

SeriouslySearching
07-28-2009, 05:03 AM
Originally Posted by Whisperer
It is great that all of you know exactly what it entails to leave a home when your child could be dead and pack, then arrange for an infant and other children to be cared for. To make sure there if food for them while you are gone....and to arrange for someone to drive you because you may crash the vehicle if you are tired or stressed.Did you bother to ask if any one of us have been faced with this scenario before? You may be surprised.

She could throw clothes and a toothbrush in a suitcase in ten minutes. She had a live-in boyfriend and he is the father of the child. She could wake him up and hand him the child while saying, "This is an emergency! Take care of the baby while I go find Haleigh!". He should be responsible enough to provide for his own child to get food and diapers!

If I was unable to drive myself and my mom lived in my backyard...I bet I would be calling her as soon as I hung up from TN to come pick me up!! She waited over an hour to call her mother or father.

nomoresorrow
07-28-2009, 05:19 AM
If I came home to find my daughter not in her bed in the middle of the night and the backdoor left open...my first thought would be someone had taken her, too! He had Misty to verify she was gone. I would have called my mom immediately to come and then called 911. There is nothing suspicious about any of that to me at all.

The only reactions which are suspicious to me are from the Sheffield/Griffis clan.

I guess we all project onto others what we would do (or think we'd do) in that same situation. Having had the experience that I had with my son many years ago, my first reaction was to fervently search with no regard for what I was wearing (or wasn't wearing), no thought whatsoever of putting any shoes on before running outside - just a natural reaction to go into motion. SS you state that Misty verified that Haleigh was gone to Ronald but little has been said in statements or on television interviews by Ronald or Misty speaking of any preliminary searching he/she/or they did. I've never heard anything stating that Ronald asked Misty, what in my opinion would be natural follow-up questions after he was told that Haleigh was missing, such as, "well did you check in the other bedrooms, under the beds, in the closets, both bathrooms, down the ramp, out back, behind the house . . .?"
I just find this concerning.
MOO

nomoresorrow
07-28-2009, 05:26 AM
Well..it appears Ron has already been tried, convicted and banished. Nice feeling, huh .

How bout putting the shoe on the other foot;

Well..it appears Crystal has already been tried, convicted and banished. Nice feeling, huh.

How's it feel . . .

MOO

Whisperer
07-28-2009, 05:41 AM
I am going to do something I seldom do; however this tactic has been done to my facts quite frequently.

If you are going on MG's statement that CS called her at 5:00 when she was on video immediately after arrival...just maybe she got the time wrong and meant 4:00 am...She said herself she had lost track of time.

This is the kind of reasoning that has been presented to me whenever I give a timeline. Are you going to say it is not possible? Just entertain the thought.

And if it was 4:00am and not 5:00, would you think differently about Crystal. Her mother lives 100 feet from her house, so I would guess it was an error in time...hmmm.

Just something to think about...to me, it does not make any difference. It is clear CS did not drive to Satsuma and steal her daughter and have her hidden for 5 and a half months.

Sprinkle me with some fairy dust and then I will accept this theory about Crystal being the culprit.

Whisperer
07-28-2009, 05:45 AM
I am also glad to see that you have given it thought and now think that RC probably called his mother before 911. That is a big step.

Crystal did not steal Haleigh that night, despite the fact that RC may say so.

Skully
07-28-2009, 07:54 AM

How many child abductions have had the story line you describe?

Whisperer,

You know I don't think either parent had knowledge of this, but you do know who I think COULD have arranged this. I think he hasn't been looked at enough and COULD be a key player. :rolleyes:

Skully
07-28-2009, 07:56 AM
I am also glad to see that you have given it thought and now think that RC probably called his mother before 911. That is a big step.

I also think that some of Ron later actions reflect this thought. I also give that credit to Crystal. In the first days of this the parents acted differently, until they started to think about different scenarios of what could have happened.

Busylady
07-28-2009, 08:05 AM
IMO if Marie had stayed out of it and not started the mudslinging from the first day forward things would of been so different, and maybe Crystal and RC would of worked together. Too much damage has been done, and unfortunately I don't think it can be repaired at this point. I just pray that Haleigh and JR never see the awful things Crystal and Marie have said about their daddy. We know JR heard Crystal on Geraldo say horrible things about his daddy, I am just hoping he was distracted enough he did not absorb all that was being said. I also hope they don't see the horrible things said about their mother, at least those things did not come from their daddy though which will help some.

My heart just breaks for this little guy.

chesterp
07-28-2009, 08:16 AM

I do not think Crystal had anything to do with this..... I can not believe she would have taken her, hide her for months-years- and then reconnect with her. Then years or months from now try and live a normal life keeping this secret.... I do not think she could be so cruel to make RJ think Sissy is gone forever....or in time if RJ found out Sissy was alive, would she tell him to keep the big secret from Daddy.... I honestly do not think so.

As for RC calling his Mom before 911...if that did happen I would not think that odd at all.... he appears to be very close to him Mom....

My thoughts on this case is she was abducted by someone who interjected themselve into this sad situation...knew what the heck was going on... crime of opportunity because of how this child was being taken care of...or lack of care for this child.

Mistakes made, oh yes, intentionally, NO WAY....

Skully
07-28-2009, 08:20 AM
IMO if Marie had stayed out of it and not started the mudslinging from the first day forward things would of been so different, and maybe Crystal and RC would of worked together. Too much damage has been done, and unfortunately I don't think it can be repaired at this point. I just pray that Haleigh and JR never see the awful things Crystal and Marie have said about their daddy. We know JR heard Crystal on Geraldo say horrible things about his daddy, I am just hoping he was distracted enough he did not absorb all that was being said. I also hope they don't see the horrible things said about their mother, at least those things did not come from their daddy though which will help some.

My heart just breaks for this little guy.

That goes both ways for both of them. Lots of things happen off camera that we don't see. Lots of things are said in the heat of anger, fear, frustration. I think that both sides should have kept the dirty laundry off camera, but you can't go back and unsay it. So lets stop picking at the parents mistakes and look at PLACES she could be. We keep this tit for tat going and it just gets people mad. Need to think of PLACES not people. Do we know if there are places they went on vacations? Traveled too? Moved from or too? For the record, I like Marie. I think if the history is there, that is where you look, and that is what each person did in this case. So can we stop this picking?