PDA

View Full Version : Is the Chvey Silverado a red herring?

LinasK
04-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Melissa drives a purple KIA. Any connection?

SeriouslySearching
04-11-2009, 01:53 PM
I can only speculate, but it is possible after she told other people about the missing suitcase perhaps they began putting it together so decided to look for Sandra on their own. It could have been FW out on that road. I don't think he had anything to do with the kidnapping and murder tho.

wfgodot
04-11-2009, 01:54 PM
As a police cadet reported seeing the vehicle, it may be that he was trying to impress his superiors by reporting suspicious behavior. Or, heck, he might have seen the Chevy, and it had nothing to do with the case.

Kat
04-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Maybe, Maybe not. I have to wait and see if LE addresses that tip.

SeekingJana
04-13-2009, 09:14 AM
http://www.kolotv.com/californianews/headlines/42831002.html

Snipped quote from above:
"TRACY, Calif. (AP) - A local resident says he saw a man "acting real strange" at an irrigation pond three days before eight-year-old Sandra Cantu's body was found in a suitcase pulled from the water.
After the gruesome discovery, Stockton police cadet Stephen Memory, 19, said he spoke to the FBI about what he saw.
Memory reported that he thought it was odd to see a beige Chevrolet Silverado truck parked on the shoulder of the road facing in the wrong direction on the afternoon of April 3. Sandra's body was found April 6.
The driver - a white man in his late 40s or early 50s wearing a white baseball cap and gray T-shirt - appeared to be looking down at the ditch beside the road, said Memory, who lives with his parents and sister at a house near the pond. Only four or five cars travel the remote road, which is a dead end, on a typical day, he noted.
"He was acting real strange," Memory said Friday of the driver. "I drove by real slow to get a good look at him. He looked at me real quick and then he turned away. I just kept going."
The FBI referred questions to Tracy police. Sgt. Tony Sheneman said Friday he was not aware of Memory's report and declined to comment on specifics of the pending investigation.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

There are tons of the same press release found in a Google search. None provide any more details about the dates.

The only part I don't know is WHEN Mr. Memory reported this to the FBI. If it was on April 3, the day he says he saw the man, or even on April 4th or 5th, I think it's significant. If it was on or after April 6th when Sandra's body was recovered, it might not be as " trustworthy" a source.

Maria